PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- January 21st, 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raul
Jan 21 2012, 02:21 AM
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Feb 3, 8:30PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 6 new Crops: You can already earn Belts and Dans on them.

Scallions
Alfalfa
Coriander (Cilantro Seeds)
Saffron
Brussels Sprout
Chickpeas

2. 25 New Levels: About 55 items all in coins. There are new items in the following categories: buildings, winter, other, motion, farming and furniture.

3. 26x26 Farm Expansions for Farms 11 and 12: Here are the prices -> 3,000,000,000 Coins or 25 FarmCash.

4. Farm 13: Here are the prices in coins (FC prices remains the same):

12 x 12 Farm 13: 13000000
14 x 14 Upgrade: 10000000
16 x 16 Upgrade: 11000000
18 x 18 Upgrade: 12000000
20 x 20 Upgrade: 1300000000
22 x 22 Upgrade: 1400000000
24 x 24 Upgrade: 1500000000
26 x 26 Upgrade: 3000000000

5. Quests: There is a new icon in the extended tool bar (Mystery Dice) that will allow you to accept new Quests. Here are the rules:

- Quests are only enabled for users at level 30 or higher

- You can only accept 1 Quest per day and it has to be completed before it expires

- You can have several active Quests at the same time depending on your level, here is the table:

Level 30.....1 Max Active Quests
Level 50.....2 Max Active Quests
Level 100....3 Max Active Quests
Level 150....4 Max Active Quests
Level 200....5 Max Active Quests

- A Quest has several steps and it will be completed when all its steps are completed

- Roll your mouse over each Quest Step to find out what needs to be done

- You will earn prizes every time you complete a Quest. The prize in coins will be higher depending on:

a) How fast the Quest was completed
b) The complexity of the Quest (amount of Quest Steps)
c) User Level

- In the future the Mayor might occasionally award you 1 FarmCash and/or ingredients based on your performance in previous Quests

- Right now, Quest Steps need to be completed by working by yourself in your farm or facilities. That is to say, crops or products you get as a bonus working for others, as gifts or by trading at the market won't count, but they will in the future. For now, if you hire others to harvest it wont count either, this may change as well.

- You can use any tool when harvesting, fishihg, etc.

6. Belts and Dans for Facility Products: The next 25 Facilities (in order of appearance in the Store) now have Belts and Dans enabled for each product. With each Belt or Dan you achieve you will increase your chances of getting a "free" Batch automatically for every Batch you start from that point on. Free Batches means that a new Batch is sent to production without consuming any ingredients or coins. See previous Release Post for the benefit % table.

7. Content Changes:

- Mineral Mine now produces Salt
- Cotton crop maturity reduced from 4 days to 3 days
- Sports Accessories Factory now produces Pool Cue Set, Pool Table Brush, Dart Set and Dartboards
- Furniture Factory now produces Pub Tables
- Glass Factory now produces Lantern Glass
- Duplicated production output for the Scented Candles

8. Explorer Accessories Factory (coins): Produces Accessories for Explorer Enthusiasts.

Camping Tent
Mosquito Net
Swiss Knife
Hiking Pole
Rescue Whistle
Signal Mirror
Folding Grill
Candle Lantern

9. Hibachi Japanese Restaurant (FC): Produces Hibachi Food.

Sake Shots
Sushi Combo
Grilled Tofu Steak
Hibachi Vegetables
Hibachi Steak
Hibachi Chicken
Hibachi Seafood
Banana Tempura

10. Explorer Shop (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Hammock
Tea Kettle
Camping Tent
Mosquito Net
Swiss Knife
Hiking Pole
Rescue Whistle
Signal Mirror
Folding Grill
Candle Lantern
Veggie Snack
Walnut Snack
Pistachios Snack
Chocolate Peanuts

11. Pub (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

FarmTown Beer
FarmTown Strong Beer
FarmTown Honey Beer
Calamari Rings
Mushroom Burger
Grilled Chicken Burger
Supreme Burger
Cod and Chips
Haddock and Onion Rings
Pool Cue Set
Pool Table Brush
Dart Set
Dartboard
Pub Table

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Fixes - Jan 25, 10:50PM EST:

- The 'Quests' feature described in point #5 above is now live.

Post Release Fixes - Jan 27, 8:30PM EST:

- Issue -> When completing a Quest Step by clicking the +30 or +All button the Quest Manager shows that you have to wait until all the products you just started gets done

Status -> The issue above should be fixed now for future quests. For quests that have been created already, we made it so all timers were reset to 0 so you will not have to wait on products that were currently being made.

Post Release Fixes - Jan 28, 5:20AM EST:

- The 25 new levels are now live. There are new items in the following categories: buildings, winter, other, motion, farming and furniture.

Post Release Fixes - Feb 3, 8:30PM EST:

- Valentine items are now live, include 1 new gift and 8 new items in addition to last year items.

Known Issues:

- The facility product Belt popups are frustrating some users, we will release an update soon that will allow you to disable them in the current session

- Part of the Tooltip in Quest Manager is sometimes hidden

Farmgirl_Su
Jan 21 2012, 02:26 AM
thank you...

blue nile
Jan 21 2012, 02:27 AM
Thank you so much for the update!! :)

maggiel29
Jan 21 2012, 02:28 AM
Yay - a new update!! Love the Pub and Farm 13. I did think Scallions (crop) was a Yorkshire (England) term for naughty children though - giggle.
Thank you Raul and the team - off to play now.

Padme
Jan 21 2012, 02:31 AM
Thank you I wasn't expecting this till next week.

justmecookin
Jan 21 2012, 02:42 AM
Thank you Raul...Love it...was hunting the levels...went back and saw where that will be next week...thanks again

kiwirick
Jan 21 2012, 02:44 AM
thanks Raul! :)

Greyclan
Jan 21 2012, 02:50 AM
Nice update, thanks muchly Raul :)

Electrox
Jan 21 2012, 02:51 AM
new Factories use more metal... you need to increase and work on balancing out the ingredients. Maybe come up with a new object like you do for semi... you can then turn a open pit to an advance open pit, producing double, and faster, and even double it again, to a modern advance open pit. same with mine.. could even add rail to advance semi (not that it is needed) Please, Please, help us out here.

Please add Mouse over on top of belt icon in yellow tool box, like on sprinkler... hrs till you can use it again, please add mouse over on belts, showing the hrs till next belt bonus limit and the amount or limit hit. this will let us know when the 5 post (Facebook must limit you to this small amount) will start to pop up again, and to how much we can still get towards our limit.

Belt correction: The next 25 Facilities ........ it the next 26 Facilities :
21> C Winery
22> F Wine Cellar
23> C Sawmill
24> F Seafood Restaurant
25> C Coffee Grindr
26> F Fish Farming Plant
27> C Tea Factory
28> F Coffee and Tea Shop
29> C Sushi Restaurant
30> F Cinnamon Factory
31> C Oast and Malt House
32> F Bee Farm
33> C Pasta Factory
34> F Furniture Factory
35> C Mineral Mine
36> F Brewery
37> C Natural Remedy Shop
38> F Pasta Restaurant
39> C Cereal Factory
40> F Jewery Factory
41> C Paper Mill
42> F Spice Factory
43> C Ink and Pigments Factory
44> F Printing - Packaging Factory
45> C Open -Pit Mine
46> F Ceramic Factory

Hornyroo
Jan 21 2012, 02:55 AM
woot woot!!!

HelenJS22
Jan 21 2012, 02:59 AM
Thank you, LOVE having a pub :) Now off to investigate.

.. and thanks for reducing cotton growth time.

al_bundy
Jan 21 2012, 03:19 AM
Thanks Raul Appreciated as always :)

would love to see a use for northern pike & walleys fish :)

MAUROMEN
Jan 21 2012, 03:25 AM
Thanks Raul..

Beth Perry
Jan 21 2012, 04:28 AM
Great update! thank you!!!!
please do something about the canvas roll production, was ALWAYS short after the circus stuff was added, even with 2 textile facs, now it's going to be impossible to make tents :-(
prices getting a bit steep for farm expansions, don't you think?

Valdoe
Jan 21 2012, 04:45 AM
Quick question... are the new plants used anywhere.. or just crops to grow and sell ?

al_bundy
Jan 21 2012, 04:46 AM
Quick question... are the new plants used anywhere.. or just crops to grow and sell ?

1 of the new crops is used :)

Scallions is used

Perico429
Jan 21 2012, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the upgrades... need more ore (of all kinds) production please...

Hornyroo
Jan 21 2012, 05:30 AM
I must add - im glad you decided to follow a less complicated path for the Quests, and Im releived to find I wont have to beg borrow and bribe my FB friends to accomplish them - Good Call devs!!!

Grumpa
Jan 21 2012, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the upgrades... need more ore (of all kinds) production please...

The ore now has belts which will give more production

mduby
Jan 21 2012, 05:46 AM
Thanks for great updates Raul and devs!!!

AussieGecko
Jan 21 2012, 05:57 AM
Hey thanks for the new update! Just logged in and was about to sow some crops when I noticed the new ones. Love it as always!

JAS0643
Jan 21 2012, 06:24 AM
Thank for the update I can't wait for the daily quest.

LoreneC
Jan 21 2012, 06:34 AM
Looking forward to the daily quests, will add some fun to the game.

I don't think it was this update, maybe a couple updates ago, but I can no longer freeze flowers unless they are fully grown. I have tried at different stages and they revert to newly planted when I refresh. I used to be able to get lots of different looks from flowers because I could freeze them in the different stages of growth.

I still love playing farm town and always look forward to new releases.

Hornyroo
Jan 21 2012, 06:54 AM
oh and um lol January 21th??? has someone got a lisp today???

Guldfisk Hansen
Jan 21 2012, 07:02 AM
Great new upgrade, thanks Devs :-)
Off to play with farm 13. Looking forward to more levels and exciting stuff in some days.

artisanrox
Jan 21 2012, 07:16 AM
OMG FARM 13 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

i want to invest in some Slashkey stock. Do you sell it??? :)

Jean's Farm
Jan 21 2012, 07:55 AM
What a wonderful surprise for a crappy, snowy, freezing rain Saturday morning....Thank you!!!!!!!!! :) :D :) :D

1fritz
Jan 21 2012, 08:00 AM
Thank you Raul and Devs, didn't expect another update till Feb 1st. This is great. Really appreciate Farm 13 and expansions of the rest of existing farms. Not sure what I'm going to do yet...but things are going to change. Thanks for keeping this game interesting. Interested to check out the quests.

Again Thank you

Fritz

Docperk
Jan 21 2012, 08:44 AM
Thanks Devs,
Wound't you know it, I stayed up as long as I good and as soon as I went the to bed here comes the update. Got to love. :) Now to go investigate it and tell all my neighbors.

gumballs678
Jan 21 2012, 08:47 AM
I think this release is the best one yet! Its really cool what we have now, I'm not really looking forward to the quests, but the rewards from them I am. I really want the next levels so I buy new farm cash stuff. Oh and I love the new crops, even if only 1 has a use and I can't use it. But the lowering of cotton is awesome!

elaine1
Jan 21 2012, 08:53 AM
Yay - a new update!! Love the Pub and Farm 13. I did think Scallions (crop) was a Yorkshire (England) term for naughty children though - giggle.

There is word we use in Yorkshire that is similar...
Scallywag,..
Is this the one your thinking of ?
:)

Rob T
Jan 21 2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks Raul... love the new stuff :)

Tony D
Jan 21 2012, 09:16 AM
Thank you Raul and the team - off to play now.Could you be talking about rapscallions ??

lavanah
Jan 21 2012, 09:32 AM
Thank you devs for all the hard work and new releases, they are great.

Tamblyne
Jan 21 2012, 09:37 AM
Woo HOO! Thanks!

Gerry Smith
Jan 21 2012, 09:56 AM
I always look for your posts when I notice upgrades etc... You help me decide what I want to get into next... I'm nuts about this game, been playing since 6/26/09... 13 farms and all upgraded to 26x26... 262 Facilities & Services in full production, LOL! Love ya Raul... And THANKS to all Slashkey DEV's!
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1382023634&farm_ix=1

LoreneC
Jan 21 2012, 10:04 AM
Forgot to say upthread--Thanks for the salt!!

gffarmer
Jan 21 2012, 10:17 AM
Yeah! Thanks for the great updates! Esp thanks for the salt. I was always running out of salt. Farm 13..yippee!! Ore belts is a great idea!!!
Thanks for the great job you all do!!!

dumptv
Jan 21 2012, 10:22 AM
cool update thanks for mixing up the items in the facilities!!! buying fc right now!!!!!!!

slartismum
Jan 21 2012, 10:33 AM
yay for salt!!!!

Molly Mew
Jan 21 2012, 10:35 AM
Very nice. Many thanks, Raul and team. :)

Farmer_Susan
Jan 21 2012, 10:36 AM
I am flabbergasted! We get a new farm (thank you, thank you, thank you!), new levels, new facilities and services, QUESTS, new crops - all at one time?!? Just amazing. I'm absolutely stunned. Thanks so much, Raul. I still say this is the best game out there. :)

crafty chris
Jan 21 2012, 10:44 AM
thanks again for another great release :)

Rickeyn
Jan 21 2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks for all the new goodies Raul. Looking forward to the Quests. You and the team just keep the challenges coming and we love it!

jkmyer
Jan 21 2012, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the new update. How do I change the saved people that I ask to work my facilities and clients. I have tried to several times but must be missing a step or two.
thanks

StoneFace
Jan 21 2012, 10:57 AM
I think one of the best things about this release is that not everything was released at once.

This gives us a new farm ...... check
26x26 upgrades on all ....... check
a few new facilities...... check
a new usable crop .... check

that will keep me busy and happy for awhile, and then more stuff coming soon.

I will not hold you to having it all in place next week.... but I, for one, enjoy more things spread out and seeing new stuff more often rather than in a bunch every month or so.

Not sure how I feel about 25 levels. I don't need the $$ really, but for those that do (with everything costing at least $30 or more), I can see why some farmers wish for at least the same number of levels as the cheapest new tool or facility available. (maybe for them the Quests will be the answer)

on the other hand
mention was made of 399 ( + ??) levels. So maybe we are good for another 5-6 months for levels.............. with alternate releases of farms 14 and 15. :eek:

:cool:

LadyLen1
Jan 21 2012, 10:59 AM
Thank you so much! hugz{{{}}}

bsiegel12
Jan 21 2012, 11:02 AM
guess u giving me late birthday present! hooray! Dont tell the kids, I know i am really addicted, is sso much fun...

Ellen Betty Nelson
Jan 21 2012, 11:07 AM
Would have been kinda nice to have farm 13 come Friday 13, Don't ya think?
But nice to have it, thanks for it and all the up-dates.
Love ya, Guys,
Keep up the good work

roz1972
Jan 21 2012, 11:07 AM
i like the idea of being able to win fc bring on those quests

Conjody
Jan 21 2012, 11:08 AM
What new levels? I should have received some, and I hear on here that others went up 25 levels, so why didn't we all? By the way, we need more levels more often. There are so many people at the top, they deserve those farm dollars that go along with the new levels.

Don't feed the beggers
Jan 21 2012, 11:14 AM
What new levels? I should have received some, and I hear on here that others went up 25 levels, so why didn't we all? By the way, we need more levels more often. There are so many people at the top, they deserve those farm dollars that go along with the new levels.

you need to go back and read the OP, it says sometime in the next week,

Domingo Osorio
Jan 21 2012, 11:17 AM
Very thanks Devs...!! Nice upgrade. Just have a couple of suggestions: a) it would be great to reach belts and dans when harvesting animals, and b) also, it would be great to increase possibility to post more bonuses, actually allowed only five posts.

adinar
Jan 21 2012, 11:20 AM
I think this release is the best one yet! Its really cool what we have now, I'm not really looking forward to the quests, but the rewards from them I am. I really want the next levels so I buy new farm cash stuff. Oh and I love the new crops, even if only 1 has a use and I can't use it. But the lowering of cotton is awesome!

I'm abit confused with the upcoming new levels will we still be paid in fc or coins? maybe i misunderstood by reading it wrong that 60 items in all will be in coins? not fc

Audrey45
Jan 21 2012, 11:22 AM
awesome updates ((Thanks))

mac16129
Jan 21 2012, 11:33 AM
Another fine job!!! Thanks...you guys are great!!!

amazinggrace1
Jan 21 2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the new stuff, but where oh where are my new two hour crops??? I am so sick of doing and planting raspberries when I am in a time crunch. Give me some more two hour crops pretty please!

cowpatty1
Jan 21 2012, 12:08 PM
I agree with Electrox, we never have enough of the metals. Please consider duplicated production output for the copper, aluminum and stainless steel.

davlin88
Jan 21 2012, 12:14 PM
Nice!!!!!!!!!

HattieAnn
Jan 21 2012, 12:17 PM
Scallywag,..
Scallion and Scallywag are not limited to you Brits, lol.....my dad used both terms (affectionately, of course!) when I was a kid and my family has been in the US for generations!

jennieh11
Jan 21 2012, 01:08 PM
I love the additional crops, farm 13 and most of the additions to the game. I will state as others have that the 25 levels every month or two is really demoralizing. Many of us have been here since the beginning and a lot of the people here play this game exclusively. I noticed that I have been getting lax about playing FT and I was a daily and frequent player. I keep falling behind and with the economy as it is, the additional costs of 30-35 FC per facility are just plain prohibitive.

I used to play a Mafia game by one of the other game facilities and they have levels in the many thousands. I know that you depend on sales of FC to make your salaries and keep upgrading and doing the maintenance on the game to make it such a pleasure to play, but maybe you could bite the bullet and reward the long term players with a substantial increase in levels. I sit at the same level for weeks on end and watch newer players get excited about leveling up so they can purchase additional tools/upgrades/facilities, etc.

If those of us with millions of XP above the current level saw some giant leap in levels as a reward for our loyalty, perhaps some people would be able to squeeze a few dollars out to purchase Farm Cash. Remember, Face Book now requires that we purchase their product which is (a portion of it) passed on to Slashkey. I noticed on the rack at the store that FV and other games have their own point cards for sale. The company that starts with a "z" must have some special deal with FB for this privilege. I went back to playing "AT" their Mafia game and can level up and get reward points at least once every day.

Lavenda
Jan 21 2012, 01:22 PM
thanks devs!

roarkitty
Jan 21 2012, 01:25 PM
SALT!!! Thank you thank you thank you!

Madam Hooch
Jan 21 2012, 02:09 PM
Is there any reason why my xp isn't going up? I was at 285 since the last update so I should have gone up a least a few lvls.

LoreneC
Jan 21 2012, 02:15 PM
Is there any reason why my xp isn't going up? I was at 285 since the last update so I should have gone up a least a few lvls.

From Raul's original post:

2. 25 New Levels (Coming sometime next week): About 60 items all in coins.

SunnyD
Jan 21 2012, 02:20 PM
uh oh...........no matter what i do i am not able to use the chat on my own farm or neighbors farms and i cannot type captions on photos i take on either also.......done all that good stuff delete reboot refresh etc etc etc....not a help...............hoping it is just a temporary problem and only my own ......who knows.........

suemack
Jan 21 2012, 03:12 PM
Great!! Thanks so much :D

Sabrinarose
Jan 21 2012, 04:25 PM
Thanks so much for every thing.. and even u may be able to use magnolia flowers to make necklaces.. :) Like Hawaii type..

ImTheRealElly
Jan 21 2012, 04:32 PM
do any of the current lstart and store tools work on the new facilities?

Maverick1
Jan 21 2012, 05:59 PM
Once again it is being ignored that the levels are not keeping up with the game. In the beginning you gained XP and leveled up, but since people have done so well, the dev's have stopped doing that. I understand top loading things that cost FC, but backing out levels to force people to spend money is sad. Bad enough it took about 2 months to get 25 levels, now it's about 3 months. I have been backing off how much I play because something as simple as levels can't be given out. Won't be long and I'll just give up, having a little goal to look forward to would be nice. One more thing...Slashkey make plenty of money...go Google them, so it's not like I am trying to take food out of their mouths. I don't deny them a living, just the greed involved in taking away the levels.

maggiel29
Jan 21 2012, 06:14 PM
Scallywag,..

I looked it up - Im thinking of Rapscallions!!

maggiel29
Jan 21 2012, 06:15 PM
Could you be talking about rapscallions ??

Yes thats what I was thinking of Tony : )

theperfectnina
Jan 21 2012, 06:20 PM
new Factories use more metal... you need to increase and work on balancing out the ingredients. Maybe come up with a new object like you do for semi... you can then turn a open pit to an advance open pit, producing double, and faster, and even double it again, to a modern advance open pit. same with mine.. could even add rail to advance semi (not that it is needed) Please, Please, help us out here.

Please add Mouse over on top of belt icon in yellow tool box, like on sprinkler... hrs till you can use it again, please add mouse over on belts, showing the hrs till next belt bonus limit and the amount or limit hit. this will let us know when the 5 post (Facebook must limit you to this small amount) will start to pop up again, and to how much we can still get towards our limit.

21> C Winery
22> F Wine Cellar
23> C Sawmill
24> F Seafood Restaurant
25> C Coffee Grindr
26> F Fish Farming Plant
27> C Tea Factory
29> C Sushi Restaurant
30> F Cinnamon Factory
32> F Bee Farm
33> C Pasta Factory
34> F Furniture Factory
35> C Mineral Mine
36> F Brewery
38> F Pasta Restaurant
39> C Cereal Factory
40> F Jewery Factory
41> C Paper Mill
42> F Spice Factory
45> C Open -Pit Mine
46> F Ceramic Factory

I totally agree with needing more metal and mine products, it has stopped me from buying certain facilities as they use them and I don't ever have enough to fill the facilities I have now. I really thought that this would be done this upgrade. Please Please Please do help us with metals and mines

servocrow
Jan 21 2012, 06:49 PM
Very happy to have Farm 13 and all the new things. **YAY, SALT** Looking forward to the new levels, b/c I need help getting FC right now. Thanks for making this game always FUN!! :)

JohnAlbertini
Jan 21 2012, 07:42 PM
25 levels every 2 months is ridiculous!
Why do we play? To advance! And at this pace I'll be 6 feet under before I gain anything!
Come on devs. 50 EVERY month at least PLEASE!!!!!!
Otherwise I'm going to quit!
I leveled out at 260 FOUR months ago but now am over 14 MILLION XP and am only at 285, soon to be 310 I guess. So in 4 months, with 2 more to wait for the next levels, I will have EARNED a measly 50 levels despite DOUBLING my XPs! That is, over the SIX months, or 180 days, a level every 3 1/2 days. And I'm an advanced player with 13 farms and MANY facilities.
Why do I waste my time?
:mad:
:(

ronnig
Jan 21 2012, 09:02 PM
Scallywag,..

Hi, my mom used to call us rapscallions :) Maybe that is it.

snakpak
Jan 21 2012, 10:15 PM
Ty ty ty ty ty ty ty

Farmer Homer
Jan 21 2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the new update! Always like getting new seeds, love the flowers from the last update too. Farm 13 is maxed and looking good, waiting for 14 and 15. :D

I'm looking forward to the quests, didn't think I would say that but since they will be something we can do on our own without bothering our neighbors, it should add a new dimension to the game and solidify my addiction. And the possibility of earning farm cash, yay!

Jannie Mae
Jan 21 2012, 11:39 PM
Why do we play? To advance! And at this pace I'll be 6 feet under before I gain anything!
I leveled out at 260 FOUR months ago but now am over 14 MILLION XP and am only at 285, soon to be 310 I guess. So in 4 months, with 2 more to wait for the next levels, I will have EARNED a measly 50 levels despite DOUBLING my XPs! That is, over the SIX months, or 180 days, a level every 3 1/2 days. And I'm an advanced player with 13 farms and MANY facilities.
Why do I waste my time?

I used to love this game. I have two other facebook accounts so I could have more farms (before the big additions), and loved to decorate and plan. But now with all the factories and mess, it is no longer fun. I can't afford to buy all of the tools, so it just takes toooo long to harvest for the factories. And it takes so long to level up now.......why bother. No fun anymore.

dmccrack2000
Jan 22 2012, 12:31 AM
I have to agree about the high cost of tools.We need to be able to convert coins into FC or some other method that we can buy all these tools we need to farm more quickly, and to work on others farms. I am still playing, but I can't keep up with the levels anymore because I am not able to fork over $$ for all the things I need to speed up.

SunnyD
Jan 22 2012, 03:05 AM
uh oh something really really goofy...........i just harvested 8 farms total for sister...... and it was all Acorn Squash ok.....and it was fertilized ok........ and her grand total of acorn Squash is only 228.....not even kidding...........refreshed the entire game and it is still only 228 ummm what???? going to reload totally and see what happens..........

roz1972
Jan 22 2012, 04:01 AM
if ppl read the first page again it says that new levels are coming later this week also in the future the mayor will reward fc prizes depending how well we do in the quests . i mean for goodness sake some people go on like it is is a matter of life or death or some significance in their lives , if u dont like the game dont play end of , there is enough depressing stuff going on in the world without having to come on here for advice or to see new updates and reading MOANS MOANS MOANS , i love the game by the way and yes i am on level 285 and am waiting to go up levels

SunnyD
Jan 22 2012, 04:19 AM
if ppl read the first page again it says that new levels are coming later this week also in the future the mayor will reward fc prizes depending how well we do in the quests . i mean for goodness sake some people go on like it is is a matter of life or death or some significance in their lives , if u dont like the game dont play end of , there is enough depressing stuff going on in the world without having to come on here for advice or to see new updates and reading MOANS MOANS MOANS , i love the game by the way and yes i am on level 285 and am waiting to go up levels

Actually, I think they are only considering rewarding with FC, here is copy paste of that part.

- In the future the Mayor might occasionally award you 1 FarmCash and/or ingredients based on your performance in previous Quests

i'm not counting on it cause it may not happen..................know what i mean?

SunnyD
Jan 22 2012, 04:23 AM
uh oh something really really goofy...........i just harvested 8 farms total for sister...... and it was all Acorn Squash ok.....and it was fertilized ok........ and her grand total of acorn Squash is only 228.....not even kidding...........refreshed the entire game and it is still only 228 ummm what???? going to reload totally and see what happens..........

is there a way a moderator can find out why she only has 226 acorn squash for all of her farms having just been they were fertilized...harvested?? went to sell crops and oopps LOL LOL everything has been refreshed, temp files all clean..... i have no idea how to fix this.............

farm id is: 1803038213

Jean's Farm
Jan 22 2012, 07:33 AM
Why do I waste my time?

Why do you care what level you are???? :confused: You don't get a prize for it. I don't play for the levels....I play because I like the game. I'm an advanced player with 13 farms and MANY facilities too.....and I waste my time because I love this game. And so do all my advanced neighbors with 13 farms all maxed to the highest and MANY, MANY, MANY facilities.

Thanks again Devs and keep doing what you are doing. :D :)

Jean's Farm
Jan 22 2012, 07:42 AM
Once again it is being ignored that the levels are not keeping up with the game. In the beginning you gained XP and leveled up, but since people have done so well, the dev's have stopped doing that. I understand top loading things that cost FC, but backing out levels to force people to spend money is sad. Bad enough it took about 2 months to get 25 levels, now it's about 3 months. I have been backing off how much I play because something as simple as levels can't be given out. Won't be long and I'll just give up, having a little goal to look forward to would be nice. One more thing...Slashkey make plenty of money...go Google them, so it's not like I am trying to take food out of their mouths. I don't deny them a living, just the greed involved in taking away the levels.

I have to ask again....What does a higher level get you????? There is no prize for the person who has the highest level!!!!! They are not forcing you to spend money.....try playing a Zynga game that forces you to beg and beg from your neighbors for every little thing you want.

I love this game and you can keep doing things they way you are devs!!! And I think....no I don't think, I KNOW.....I'm in the majority. People who are happy don't make noise!!!! :D :D :D :D

Santmyer
Jan 22 2012, 08:03 AM
I play because I like the game and I waste my time because I love this game.

Agreed and Agreed

roz1972
Jan 22 2012, 08:10 AM
Actually, I think they are only considering rewarding with FC, here is copy paste of that part.

i'm not counting on it cause it may not happen..................know what i mean?

i dont think they would mention it if it wasnt going to happen , the way i read it is that the better and quicker the quest the better the reward and therefore the best reward would be 1fc

shirl the pearl
Jan 22 2012, 08:13 AM

Thats Rapscallions. I remember that from when I was a little girl. Many moons ago. lol
Thanks to all the team for the new updates. It just gets better and better

StoneFace
Jan 22 2012, 08:20 AM
Well somebody (the devs preferably) should notice just what is going on here......

Going on two days since the release and there are

1] a very few comments or posts on this current release, relative to the number of players. Do most players not even know about the forum? I suppose so. And many of the posts are multiples from some players.

If, perhaps, more active forum users would encourage their neighbors to visit the forum for information, we might get more input. (and it would save time explaining and re-explaining what is going on to neighbors)

2] more concerns/complaints about the release of levels and Farm Cash. Even though Farm Cash is "Free" to players, it is becoming like gold in a poor monetary economy. Devs... consider either lower priced tools, or bonus FC at certain levels. Exp: Reach level 200, get $50, reach level 250, get $50, reach level 300, get $50. The extra "bonus" would help with the purchase of a tool or facility and keep newer players in the game - perhaps

3] players will appreciate a more steady release of goods, tools, levels etc. It is getting to be a rut with the 3-4 week lag between any kind of a release. Even the weekly release of some goodies-for-coin would be a nice break from the normal day in day out farming. No wonder more and more seem to express a preference for decorating and re-doing their farms.

Those who are tired and wish to leave... goodbye. Come back in a month or so and after that break you might again enjoy the best game on FB

Those who really enjoy the game (and already have #13 up and running) ..... continue to share your ideas. And share some time with lower levels. If they can't afford the tools and facilities, perhaps they can afford the work and experience you can give.

enjoy

I will continue to "try" and slip a joke in here and there. It breaks the "tension" and the monotony of release threads.

Valdoe
Jan 22 2012, 08:22 AM
Why do I waste my time?

WOW are we bragging ... I hope not... I am one of 20 in my group that have over 50 MILLION XP and a every farm has every facility allowed. Advanced player.. so what does that make us Superior Players LOL...

If you not enjoying Farmtown then sorry to say it time to give it up... I only in competition with myself and the day I say why do I waste my time is the last day I be playing Farmtown.

Farmgirl_Su
Jan 22 2012, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the new stuff, but where oh where are my new two hour crops??? I am so sick of doing and planting raspberries when I am in a time crunch. Give me some more two hour crops pretty please!

buy the red sprinkler and all the 4 hour turn into 2hr......:)

Farmgirl_Su
Jan 22 2012, 09:01 AM
Thats Rapscallions. I remember that from when I was a little girl. Many moons ago. lol

Old school yard rhyme

(any name) is a funny un, got a face like a scally onion,got a nose like a squashed tomato and feet like a duck..

Tygered
Jan 22 2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks again for another wonderful upgrade. However, I would like to see an increase to rubber sheet and the metals production. I am always running short on those. It just seems that those facilities need some new equipment to keep up with demand. Thanks for making salt a mineable product.

Thanks again for another booze place. I say you can never have too many places to drink. LOL

SunnyD
Jan 22 2012, 09:15 AM
is there a way a moderator can find out why she only has 226 acorn squash for all of her farms having just been they were fertilized...harvested?? went to sell crops and oopps LOL LOL everything has been refreshed, temp files all clean..... i have no idea how to fix this.............

farm id is: 1803038213

LOL we found the problem, ummm she didn't look for "large" LOL LOL "Warning don't play FT half asleep"" lol lol

StoneFace
Jan 22 2012, 09:22 AM
Agreed and Agreed

Agreed, Agreed.............. and Agreed

I accumulate a lot in the game in just the normal course of playing.... not because it is a greed.

lil' mz.fix-it
Jan 22 2012, 09:31 AM
as usual...LOVE the updates!! Thanks again.

Farm Cash
Jan 22 2012, 11:26 AM
Love the Game,,Love the update..Thanks

ebonywyverndragon
Jan 22 2012, 12:12 PM
You are thinking of 'Scalliwags' ;)
Scallions are small onions.

JennaSweetness
Jan 22 2012, 12:18 PM
Thank you so much for the update. :)
I can't wait for the new levels to be released.
Love farm 13.
I'm looking forward to farm 14. :)
For some reason I'm having an issue getting Farm Town to load on Internet Explorer, it just started this afternoon. I was able to get on earlier this morning without any problems. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance. :)

Mr. H
Jan 22 2012, 12:20 PM
I have to ask again....What does a higher level get you????? There is no prize for the person who has the highest level!!!!! They are not forcing you to spend money.....try playing a Zynga game that forces you to beg and beg from your neighbors for every little thing you want.

I love this game and you can keep doing things they way you are devs!!! And I think....no I don't think, I KNOW.....I'm in the majority. People who are happy don't make noise!!!! :D :D :D :D

with only 850,000 monthly active users....down from nearly 19 million from it's peak...I'm guessing the happy players are in the minority and the unhappy players have all quit.

I think it's in the best interests of the developers to spend more time listening to the unhappy players and I think it's unfortunate that the happy minority feel the need to shout down the players that are less than happy with the game when they voice their opinion on the forums.

ebonywyverndragon
Jan 22 2012, 12:51 PM
<rant>
To the unhappy folks:
I play FT because I enjoy the heck out of it. I reached the 'Top' a long time ago and every subsequent upgrade only adds levels - I no longer have to 'work' for them. I don't think the point of the game is to win - I'm not really sure there is such a thing as 'winning'. Now, in all honesty, I'm not a competitive sort of person - hence the idea of 'winning' holds little appeal to me.
I think there are a few points - one is to socialize and meet new people. This game is worldwide and has allowed me to meet some very nice people from all over the world.
Another point is to allow people to create beauty. It takes a great deal of patience, creativity and imagination to utilize the materials that the dev's have given us - and create unique lands and towns and living areas.
The details in each building, shore, hill, flower, animal - are unlike any other game here on FB - the dev's have worked very hard to come as close to reality as possible - including shading and functionality - which they continually advance.
I sincerely hope that I am not in the minority - I would really be very unhappy were this game to disappear. I have put a lot into it - not to win - but to enjoy.
As with anything in the development world - nothing is perfect. There will always be something which can be improved - and for most developers, constructive criticism is appreciated. (I say that having been a developer in a previous life.)
Also having been a developer once upon a time - I know that the one thing that developers RARELY get from clients is 'Good Job'. The requisite 'thank you' is there - but, the notice of the little extras - the things that don't get published - is usually not there. Praise for the good things is far more powerful that denigrating commentaries.
To the devs:
I thank you truly for allowing a place for my creativity to flourish. Good job! Everything you do is much appreciated.

To any farmers looking for a 'FT Neighbor' - I am always available.
Thanks!
</end rant>

anglnwhite
Jan 22 2012, 01:44 PM
<rant>
To the unhappy folks:
I play FT because I enjoy the heck out of it. I reached the 'Top' a long time ago and every subsequent upgrade only adds levels - I no longer have to 'work' for them. I don't think the point of the game is to win - I'm not really sure there is such a thing as 'winning'. Now, in all honesty, I'm not a competitive sort of person - hence the idea of 'winning' holds little appeal to me.
I think there are a few points - one is to socialize and meet new people. This game is worldwide and has allowed me to meet some very nice people from all over the world.
Another point is to allow people to create beauty. It takes a great deal of patience, creativity and imagination to utilize the materials that the dev's have given us - and create unique lands and towns and living areas.
The details in each building, shore, hill, flower, animal - are unlike any other game here on FB - the dev's have worked very hard to come as close to reality as possible - including shading and functionality - which they continually advance.
I sincerely hope that I am not in the minority - I would really be very unhappy were this game to disappear. I have put a lot into it - not to win - but to enjoy.
As with anything in the development world - nothing is perfect. There will always be something which can be improved - and for most developers, constructive criticism is appreciated. (I say that having been a developer in a previous life.)
Also having been a developer once upon a time - I know that the one thing that developers RARELY get from clients is 'Good Job'. The requisite 'thank you' is there - but, the notice of the little extras - the things that don't get published - is usually not there. Praise for the good things is far more powerful that denigrating commentaries.
To the devs:
I thank you truly for allowing a place for my creativity to flourish. Good job! Everything you do is much appreciated.

Thanks!
</end rant>

Amen and Ditto neighbor.
I was introduced to FT by a coworker who used the game to teach her young children basic economics while home schooling. The beauty of this game is that it is to the player whatever they choose to make of it. I LOVE building farms and the collection of coin and xp is merely the labor of that love. THANK YOU devs and moderators for hanging in there and working to bring us a fresh start so often.
I just have one question ... When does FT get out of BETA? :) :) :)

minxie63
Jan 22 2012, 02:17 PM
since yesterday i'm unable to work anyone's facilities.. instead of loading them, all it does is let me "clean up" from tornadoes, etc, but the facilities don't load... anyone else having this problem?

swd
Jan 22 2012, 02:52 PM
I did have that problem a couple days ago, but it has cleared up for me

adinar
Jan 22 2012, 02:56 PM
Hi there,

The 60 items will be things like buildings, decorations etc.

thanks for clearing that up for me :)

aa1fy
Jan 22 2012, 03:03 PM
This was a reasonable update and not to sound ungrateful but we NEED the mineral mines to increase output. I cannot buy any more new facilities because the mineral mines do not produce enough raw materials to match the demand for stainless steel, cooper, and aluminum. Please increase the mineral mines and or metal factories.

Gezza25
Jan 22 2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks for working so hard and bringing out new stuff. I would love if you could bring out 30+ levels. If a farmer is on the top level, with no cash and you add 25 levels, the farmer still hasn't enough cash to buy a facility or tool. If you add 30 or 35 new levels, the farmer at least can treat himself/herself to a new toy.
Gezza

pasper
Jan 22 2012, 03:25 PM
Still wondering about the new level?

Taz D
Jan 22 2012, 05:17 PM
They haven't been released yet.

Adrien
Jan 22 2012, 05:40 PM
good point Gezza. i've never thought of it that way. though now i'm hoping they have run out of tools to add LOL. its usually those i like to buy first.

i love the addition of levels. especially if i'm not at that xp level yet, then i have something to work towards i love the new upgrades. i was planting my farm yesterday when i ran into the scallions that were not listed when i started. so off i went and got the new buildings and started planting again. i just wish the expansions were a little cheaper i'm not making coin as fast as others.

1fritz
Jan 22 2012, 06:35 PM
<rant>
To the unhappy folks:
To the devs:

Thanks!
</end rant>

Very well said. I agree with you, I'm not in this to "Beat"someone's score or coin total. I love that you can play the way you enjoy the game. Kudos to the Development team.

Fritz

Happy pants
Jan 22 2012, 08:13 PM
Is it bothering anybody else that the release date at the beginning of this thread says the 21th?

Jamie's Jumble
Jan 22 2012, 09:26 PM

It has been said a few times already...read the 1st post. It says right there that the new levels will be next week.

holla
Jan 22 2012, 09:29 PM
Is it bothering anybody else that the release date at the beginning of this thread says the 21th?

Um...at least it doesnt say the 20st..:):rolleyes:

Plus it came out in the middle of the night and after the bars closed so cut Raul some slack...bwhahaha..:D

anyway, Top Notch updates all the time, Best Game on FB,why people complain.?

Marco Turner
Jan 22 2012, 11:46 PM
WOW. The prices of farming are becoming insane. I am guessing the only people to afford the 13th bigger expansions are those layering 10 deep or using farm cash. I for one never believed layering was acceptable to get outrageous points and coins ,while those "Farming" real crops earn the coins and points. Very much unhappy that people are rewarded by layering are the ones able to afford the Billion dollar expansions. But, hey , what is the few unhappy folks doing it the old fashion way, using farm cash and in the fair way , earning it?

Taz D
Jan 23 2012, 12:13 AM
WOW. The prices of farming are becoming insane. I am guessing the only people to afford the 13th bigger expansions are those layering 10 deep or using farm cash. I for one never believed layering was acceptable to get outrageous points and coins ,while those "Farming" real crops earn the coins and points. Very much unhappy that people are rewarded by layering are the ones able to afford the Billion dollar expansions. But, hey , what is the few unhappy folks doing it the old fashion way, using farm cash and in the fair way , earning it?
I do not layer and I did not use farm cash to buy my farm 13. I bought all except the 26x26 for coins and don't consider the 26x26 as necessary for all farms. Farm 13 is only a slight increase over what farm 12 cost.

blue nile
Jan 23 2012, 04:27 AM

Hi I am also someone who has never layered or bought any of my farms with Farmcash. I bought farm 13 and extended it to 26x26 with coins.It's the only extension i have bought but will perhaps save coins for another of the less pricy ones! i have nearly 4 billion coins still. Anyway i love the game and have been playing since the start. i do spend a bit of real money but don't have or want all the cash facilities. My farms are very manageable and that's how i like it!!

al_bundy
Jan 23 2012, 04:30 AM

Lol think raul purchased a new keyboard at Wal-Mart :D

jkmyer
Jan 23 2012, 07:09 AM
When we invite neighbors to work in our factories and clients we have in the past been able to change the list and save it until we change it again. now we save changes and it does not save. Are we missing something? We would both like to change the people we invite from time to time. Thanks for your help.

jmscat35
Jan 23 2012, 07:11 AM
Great UpDate, Happy Farming ALL!!!!!!

polishgirl25
Jan 23 2012, 07:36 AM
I've been trying to sort by amount stored so I can tell what I need to sow. There must be a disconnect, because when I click on "amount stored," nothing happens, but the seed under the "pull down" menu has become my cursor.

Also, under the "plow," when you click on the hoe only on the dashboard, the 5X5 doesn't show as an option. Is this intentional, or a glitch?

I didn't know where to put this, sorry if I put in the wrong place.

rattlerwoo
Jan 23 2012, 08:07 AM
All lot of the moaners seem to forget that this is basically a free game for us to play. just think how much it would cost for you to have continued with all the update in a COD game on PS3/X-box.

I would love to see a correlation between XP and FC when you get to top level in between updates and level increases but hey ho that's the game. You have the option to purchase the FC if you wish all be it with FB taking a cut, but at least Slashkey have not raided my bank account like Zynga did luckily Paypal were on the ball and stopped the transaction before it left them. If you do not like the way the game is developing leave and play something else.

hooeybrown
Jan 23 2012, 09:32 AM
I totally agree with needing more metal and mine products, it has stopped me from buying certain facilities as they use them and I don't ever have enough to fill the facilities I have now. I really thought that this would be done this upgrade. Please Please Please do help us with metals and mines

Every time a new farm is released, one of the first things I do is add an oil pump, and the two mines. I have both mines on all of my farms. I also have 4 metal mills and I have no problem keeping them filled to capacity. I just checked inventory on metal mill products and they are in six digits. Mine product inventory is in six and seven digits. I did notice newer facilities using more metal. But I think if I start running short I will just run a 5th metal mill.

Majik Merlin
Jan 23 2012, 09:33 AM
This was a reasonable update and not to sound ungrateful but we NEED the mineral mines to increase output. I cannot buy any more new facilities because the mineral mines do not produce enough raw materials to match the demand for stainless steel, cooper, and aluminum. Please increase the mineral mines and or metal factories.

I don't see the problem being with the production in the metal factories but rather the amount of ore being produced. I have 10 mines and cannot get enough ore to sustain two metal works....

I know the devs pay attention to comments made by us players and only hope they have something in the works to help......I don't work my facs every day but I can rarely get production up over 50 to 60 percent because of not enough metal ore. This carries over to the facs that need the metals...can't 'fill' them.

Maybe the devs can make the mines workable by other players, instead of 'time release"? just a thot.

I do however, commend the devs on the great job they do. Whether people like one thing or not, I think they do a great job in creating something new for everyone.

LoreneC
Jan 23 2012, 09:51 AM
I have put mines on several farms too but I would rather not. Mines do not go with the themes of all my farms and I enjoy decorating as much as the other aspects of the game.

I would like to see some adjustment made in metals so that I do not need so many mines or metal facilities!

Since the devs have always listened I am certain this will eventually be addressed and I will no longer need mines on my flower farm.

rjohn726
Jan 23 2012, 11:01 AM
by the way I need more land to plant more stuff on, farm 13 was great as were those upgrades to farm 11 and 12. But? I really need more land, like a lot more, and I know that is on it's way, but for me sooner will be better than later.

And what's with the facebook changes to require a cell phone for ones account? The result of that will require us to work more like teams, for me that would be fine as all my working career I either worked on a team or managed a team, however, others basically are solo. Therefore, that change seems to be coming in facebook and I do know that Slash Key is aware of that so is that what the Quests are really about 'working more as teams?'

Oh!!! This upgrade is great by the way also

Deborah1979
Jan 23 2012, 11:01 AM
I guess I am going to add my 2 cents worth of info. :p

First, I really like this update and am very pleased that we are now 3 days out and no major glitches!!! Thanks for new crops. YAY!

I do not have all of the facilities that require metal, (car parts) but do have all of the others, including the newest Explorer Accessories Factory. I have only ONE of each facility. I just calculated that I need 1920 sheets of copper, 4590 sheets of Stainless Steel and 4710 sheets of Aluminum just to fill those one time. :eek::eek:
To produce that here are my calculations...

Copper Sheet..1920 needed= 3/batch=640 batches x 50 copper/batch = 32,000 copper ore needed
Stainless Steel Sheet...4590 needed = 5/batch = 918 batches x 89 iron ore/batch = 81,702 iron ore
plus Chromite Ore (918 batches) x 11 chromite ore/batch = 10,098 chromite ore needed.
Aluminum Sheet...4710 needed = 5/batch= 942 batches x 100 aluminum ore/batch = 94,200 aluminum ore needed.

I also calculated that the mineral mine can only produce 28,980 iron ore, 4200 chromite ore, and 15750 copper ore in 7 days. (the limit) And the open-pit mine will produce only 4200 Aluminum ore in 7 days. (YES, I KNOW that I can keep clicking every day to keep it in max production)
I agree that the metal factory is really not the problem, since we COULD keep it filled, and post often to let neighbors work for us....IF WE HAD ENOUGH RAW MATERIAL!

I REALLY don't like having multiple mines on multiple farms for the same reason most have said. They simply don't fit with my farm theme.

I don't understand the devs reasoning (I'm sure it is a good one) why our neighbors are not allowed to help with the production. If they cost FC, like the semi-truck does, I could almost understand. (They want everyone to buy a semi-truck to get their supply of meat, leather, etc.)
But the mines are for coins, and if neighbors were allowed to work them, it SURELY would help somewhat with the production problem.

My suggestion is to either increase dramatically the output from the mines, or let neighbors work them. Please??

Thanks,
Deborah

rjohn726
Jan 23 2012, 11:16 AM
I guess I am going to add my 2 cents worth of info. :p

First, I really like this update and am very pleased that we are now 3 days out and no major glitches!!! Thanks for new crops. YAY!

I do not have all of the facilities that require metal, (car parts) but do have all of the others, including the newest Explorer Accessories Factory. I have only ONE of each facility. I just calculated that I need 1920 sheets of copper, 4590 sheets of Stainless Steel and 4710 sheets of Aluminum just to fill those one time. :eek::eek:

I also calculated that the mineral mine can only produce 28,980 iron ore, 4200 chromite ore, and 15750 copper ore in 7 days. (the limit) And the open-pit mine will produce only 4200 Aluminum ore in 7 days. (YES, I KNOW that I can keep clicking every day to keep it in max production)
I agree that the metal factory is really not the problem, since we COULD keep it filled, and post often to let neighbors work for us....IF WE HAD ENOUGH RAW MATERIAL!

I REALLY don't like having multiple mines on multiple farms for the same reason most have said. They simply don't fit with my farm theme.

I don't understand the devs reasoning (I'm sure it is a good one) why our neighbors are not allowed to help with the production. If they cost FC, like the semi-truck does, I could almost understand. (They want everyone to buy a semi-truck to get their supply of meat, leather, etc.)
But the mines are for coins, and if neighbors were allowed to work them, it SURELY would help somewhat with the production problem.

My suggestion is to either increase dramatically the output from the mines, or let neighbors work them. Please??

Thanks,
Deborah
Gee I got 12 of both mines as well as 12 oil wells, just because they are cheep, and that the way I am, it's a game and not real, however, I'm not really an artist.

maggiel29
Jan 23 2012, 11:59 AM
And what's with the facebook changes to require a cell phone for ones account?

Not heard that???

StoneFace
Jan 23 2012, 12:11 PM
And what's with the facebook changes to require a cell phone for ones account? The result of that will require us to work more like teams, for me that would be fine as all my working career I either worked on a team or managed a team,

I have heard that when FB "suspects" that someone has more than one account, they "ask" for a confirmation with a cell phone number.

IMHO, why should they even care if someone has more than one account, perhaps for personal, perhaps for business. I can understand some concern for age in some instances. But they have gone over the edge on lots of their supposed enhancements.

One of my sons was asked for a phone number, and he gave it. Now he hopes they don't ask for one for his wife and teenage sons too. Maybe it is the FB way of getting more people to buy cell phones. lol

by the way.....

I did hear on a radio show that it was an Apple product (either iphone or ipad or whatever) that comes with many apps pre-loaded. And one of the apps if that OTHER farm game.

Maybe that is why they have so many "active" users... hahahahaha

thonotosassa49
Jan 23 2012, 12:12 PM
I have mines on all farms. If it does not fit the theme, I just hide them in the trees.

bagoshen
Jan 23 2012, 12:39 PM
by the way I need more land to plant more stuff on, farm 13 was great as were those upgrades to farm 11 and 12. But? I really need more land, like a lot more, and I know that is on it's way, but for me sooner will be better than later.

And what's with the facebook changes to require a cell phone for ones account? The result of that will require us to work more like teams, for me that would be fine as all my working career I either worked on a team or managed a team, however, others basically are solo. Therefore, that change seems to be coming in facebook and I do know that Slash Key is aware of that so is that what the Quests are really about 'working more as teams?'

Oh!!! This upgrade is great by the way also
The only time I have seen that is when they say your password is weak and that is some one other then FB, they never ask for that info.

Taz D
Jan 23 2012, 01:19 PM
When we invite neighbors to work in our factories and clients we have in the past been able to change the list and save it until we change it again. now we save changes and it does not save. Are we missing something? We would both like to change the people we invite from time to time. Thanks for your help.
That is a Facebook function and not controlled by Farm Town. Nothing they can do about that.

jcassemjr
Jan 24 2012, 12:04 PM
OK, I'm late to the game since the release has been out for 3 days and I haven't chimed in. I love the update!

1. I'm grateful that we got Farm 13 which is fully expanded, plowed, planted and designed with facilities, streets and decorations.

2. LOVE, LOVE, Love having new crops. I'm already reached many of the belts and Dan's for them. It's nice to have new crops to plant, vs. continuing to build my enormous stock pile of crops in storage. Please keep them coming!

3. Most of all, I was really excited that some of the existing facilities had new items to produce! Loved that some were multi-step production items (Candle Lantern) This added a great challenge to get my facilities up to 100% utilization. I had to rework the number of supporting facilities to make that happen. PLEASE, PLEASE, keep adding items to the existing facilities. There are many great ideas in the suggestions topic. Hopefully that is easier coding to complete vs new buildings and service facilities. For me, it was a real nice challenge, since simply posting for workers didn't necessarily work, since the multi-step items would complete each step of the way!

4. Really looking forward to the Quests. I like the way they were explained, and looks like we will be able to do them with out begging! I'll wait and see, but I like what has been shared!

5. Levels, nice, but would definitely like more to be released each time. But I don't know what goes into the coding and programming, so I'll just accept that the Dev's are doing what they can to keep those that are maxed out as happy as they can.

6. Belts & Dans, Like the opportunity to get "free" production, and the pop ups do create a mild head ache when working in Facility Manager. I missed the one I wanted to post because they come up so quickly. I knew it was coming by reviewing the Belt window prior to working the facilities. The first three, which I didn't want to post from the facility came slowly, where I actually could close them while working. Unfortunately, the one I wanted to post and share was replaced so quickly with one I didn't want to share. I watch what my neighbors are asking for in the ingredient requests, so when I review and see that I might reach a belt, I make a note to post that ingredient/item. Some how we need some options with the pop ups. I think the Dev's fixed it so you could only have one hire request pop up at a time, it would be good to deploy that with these pop ups as well, but based on the comments, that would likely anger other players. Please explore a solution.

Now, a criticism... The Belts & Dans are great for facilities your neighbors can work. For the Mineral Mine, Open Pit Mine, Oil Pump and Semi-Truck, they just don't work to a players benefit. Yes, we save coins (I've watched the coins come back after I was done loading). I know for me, the challenge with these facilities is not an issue of having the funds to stock them, but the amount and speed at which they produce the products. It would be nice for the non-workable facilities if we received bonus finished goods and not free production of goods. I think this would be a nice balance, if the Devs don't want to make these facilities workable.

There's my humble opinion. I'm sure that some will disagree, and that's OK. We all play they way we like to play, and that's the great thing about Farm Town that separates it from the OTHER farming game!

Grumpa
Jan 24 2012, 12:43 PM
OK, I'm late to the game since the release has been out for 3 days and I haven't chimed in. I love the update!

Now, a criticism... The Belts & Dans are great for facilities your neighbors can work. For the Mineral Mine, Open Pit Mine, Oil Pump and Semi-Truck, they just don't work to a players benefit. !

We will get extra product from the posting of these belts for a while if we can just post them with care, but like others I do wish that neighbors could help in them even at a reduced rate.

Volsfan
Jan 24 2012, 02:54 PM
I am pleased there is another farm and more crops. However, please add some more two hour crops. I am sick to death of raspberries and I am sure others are also. :)
I am not pleased ( in fact I am furious!) that you reduced the prices on the previous expansions after many bought them. What is up with that? Not very nice of you and definitely now player friendly. You should refund those that bought them out the inflated prices the difference back because it's the right thing to do. If we want to be screwed over we can play the Zynga games. :mad:

Thank you.

Sandy Mae
Jan 24 2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks for all the new goodies! :D

holla
Jan 24 2012, 06:31 PM
Belts for dans popup solution, Hey Raul- how about a "sidebox"after all the bonuses are done calculating and we can Pick and choose which ones we want at 1 time?

AND......EXPAND the GIFT Box, since we are getting so Many bonuses, and dont wanna store 10,000 of one item to have a Bigger gift box, also instead of the "++" we actually can see how many over 99 we have(102 or 132?) just sayin.............

was also wondering actually how big the "HARVEST STORAGE" is??.5 million items, or what?..if that makes sense?..

AWESOME Game devs, keep up great work:)

jcassemjr
Jan 24 2012, 06:45 PM
We will get extra product from the posting of these belts for a while if we can just post them with care, but like others I do wish that neighbors could help in them even at a reduced rate.

Agreed, but you have to be able to catch the post before it is replaced by one you don't want to post. Even then, then reward is limited by both quantity and availability within the "limit" of bonuses. The Crop, Tree, Fish and Flower belts/Dan's have a real production benefit longer term with boost in out put. With the Fertilizer and Sprinkler, the output and speed of production on Crops, Trees, Fish and Flowers is boosted even further.

While paying for less on the production in the Mines, Oil Pump & Semi is a benefit, I think that most players don't have an issue with having the cash to start the production (unless you are saving for the expansions for new farm). The issue is getting the increased production from those "coin" non-workable facilities. Once we get all the facilities with Belths/Dan's, we will require less from the mines to keep the Metal Mill full, and fewer Metal Mills to keep the other facilities full, same with the items in the Semi & Oil Pump. That is the cart driving the horse until we get to the 6th Degree Dan for all of the facilities.

Still, I appreciate everything Raul & the other Devs are trying to do in adding the production belts.

Padme
Jan 24 2012, 06:53 PM
Agreed, but you have to be able to catch the post before it is replaced by one you don't want to post. Even then, then reward is limited by both quantity and availability within the "limit" of bonuses. The Crop, Tree, Fish and Flower belts/Dan's have a real production benefit longer term with boost in out put. With the Fertilizer and Sprinkler, the output and speed of production on Crops, Trees, Fish and Flowers is boosted even further.

While paying for less on the production in the Mines, Oil Pump & Semi is a benefit, I think that most players don't have an issue with having the cash to start the production (unless you are saving for the expansions for new farm). The issue is getting the increased production from those "coin" non-workable facilities. Once we get all the facilities with Belths/Dan's, we will require less from the mines to keep the Metal Mill full, and fewer Metal Mills to keep the other facilities full, same with the items in the Semi & Oil Pump. That is the cart driving the horse until we get to the 6th Degree Dan for all of the facilities.

Still, I appreciate everything Raul & the other Devs are trying to do in adding the production belts.

If you pick and choose which products you load so you get the belts for them so you can post them. Then go about loading all the other products that you don't want to post then you don't have to worry about catching a product before another one covers it up.

Daisy-A-Day
Jan 24 2012, 08:24 PM
I just want to take a minute to thank the devs. This game is awesome now. I really appreciate all the work and imagination that has gone into it in the past year or so.

Tauni
Jan 25 2012, 07:13 AM
Is anyone else having this problem? I had to make lasagna in a quest.. I got to where i had to wait 3 hrs for cheese to be made, so I waited for that to get done, then I harvested my 2 fields of wheat. In the quest I only needed 150 wheat harvested before I could make flour and finish out the quest. When I harvested my wheat, it doesn't show as being done in the quest, therefor I cannot move on. I have the same thing in my 2nd. quest...my crops aren't showing up as finished when I harvest them in the quest. I guess this means epic failure for me on 2 of the quests!! PLEASE help!! thanks bunches...Oh LOVE THE UPDATES BTW!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH DEVS!!

Tauni
Jan 25 2012, 07:13 AM
Is anyone else having this problem? I had to make lasagna in a quest.. I got to where i had to wait 3 hrs for cheese to be made, so I waited for that to get done, then I harvested my 2 fields of wheat. In the quest I only needed 150 wheat harvested before I could make flour and finish out the quest. When I harvested my wheat, it doesn't show as being done in the quest, therefor I cannot move on. I have the same thing in my 2nd. quest...my crops aren't showing up as finished when I harvest them in the quest. I guess this means epic failure for me on 2 of the quests!! PLEASE help!! thanks bunches...Oh LOVE THE UPDATES BTW!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH DEVS!! I play on Myspace

Dutch85
Jan 25 2012, 07:25 AM
Is anyone else having this problem? I had to make lasagna in a quest.. I got to where i had to wait 3 hrs for cheese to be made, so I waited for that to get done, then I harvested my 2 fields of wheat. In the quest I only needed 150 wheat harvested before I could make flour and finish out the quest. When I harvested my wheat, it doesn't show as being done in the quest, therefor I cannot move on. I have the same thing in my 2nd. quest...my crops aren't showing up as finished when I harvest them in the quest. I guess this means epic failure for me on 2 of the quests!! PLEASE help!! thanks bunches...Oh LOVE THE UPDATES BTW!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH DEVS!! I play on Myspace

I don't have the quest yet. Mine says they are still disabled:confused:

Tauni
Jan 25 2012, 07:56 AM
Dutch..do you play on facebook or myspace?

Rob T
Jan 25 2012, 08:01 AM

I don't have the quest yet. Mine says they are still disabled:confused:

Seems only myspace have quests enabled... but i'm unable to have a look, cos my level there isn't at 30 yet. If any other myspace players have quests, can you try them out and let us know?

kahra01
Jan 25 2012, 08:29 AM
Seems only myspace have quests enabled... but i'm unable to have a look, cos my level there isn't at 30 yet. If any other myspace players have quests, can you try them out and let us know?

Thanks Rob, I was wondering why I was seeing posts about the quests but couldnt work out why it showed in my tool box as disabled! Cant wait for them to start! :)

Dutch85
Jan 25 2012, 09:55 AM
Dutch..do you play on facebook or myspace?

I'm on facebook. I see Rob T posted that only myspace has the quests so far.

Cetic
Jan 25 2012, 10:53 AM

Tauni : Because you Use Harvest Tools instead of Manual Harvesting.

jcassemjr
Jan 25 2012, 02:30 PM
I don't have the quest either, but just so I understand... To earn possible FC, you cannot use your FC Tools?!?:eek:

Padme
Jan 25 2012, 02:49 PM
I saw somewhere else that when you harvest crops with a tool it doesn't count for the quest. If that is the case then the devs may be trying to fix that glitch before they release it to fb players.

Padme
Jan 25 2012, 02:50 PM
I don't have the quest either, but just so I understand... To earn possible FC, you cannot use your FC Tools?!?:eek:

Right now you can't earn fc on the quest that may come later.

Cetic
Jan 25 2012, 03:00 PM
Correct Padme !

The Mayor might occasionally award you 1 FarmCash and/or ingredients based on your performance in previous quests.

zippity
Jan 25 2012, 04:08 PM
well i wish they would unlock the quests for everyone. I want to see them for myself. Raul said it would be early this week and now it is mid week WTH

Grumpa
Jan 25 2012, 04:28 PM
well i wish they would unlock the quests for everyone. I want to see them for myself. Raul said it would be early this week and now it is mid week WTH

Wonder if it was put out on Myspace first and they had bugs that they to fix before it gets released of FB? :confused: :eek:

StoneFace
Jan 25 2012, 04:35 PM
Wonder if it was put out on Myspace first and they had bugs that they to fix before it gets released of FB? :confused: :eek:

hehehe..

yeah, let Myspace be the guinea piggy.

.jk

HelenJS22
Jan 25 2012, 04:35 PM
I'm guessing if they find glitches in My Space, it could be quite some time before we see them on Facebook. Better not hold our breaths.

'occasionally' award some farm cash?! That would be EXTREMELY occasionally I would imagine :(

dianedrayson
Jan 25 2012, 05:41 PM

Just to encourage you, I don't layer and I still managed to afford the expansion. I don't even post my facilities very often, perhaps only a few times a week. However, i do have one of just about every facility around (I didn't bother with some of the restaurants as they are too crop-hungry) and so the coins mount up each time I cash out. It IS possible without layering, though perhaps you need to have spent farm cash on facilities.

StoneFace
Jan 25 2012, 08:09 PM
Lots of neighbors having slow or impossible time getting into FT this evening... including yours not-so-truly......

maybe more parts of the release are coming tonight

Cetic
Jan 25 2012, 08:12 PM
Same Here, a lot of connection timeout!

I hope for the Update ^^

rhwood
Jan 25 2012, 08:53 PM
I play on MySpace and have had no trouble with the quests. I used my 5x5 harvester and it worked fine. It did not count on the quest when I used my harvest/plow tool. Thank you Raul for the great update. We players on MySpace do not get a lot of the things that Facebook players receive so I was very glad to see that we can do the quests. It makes up a little bit for not being able to work in out neighbors facilities among other things. Thank you.
From a very big Farmtown Addict on Level 285 and anxiously awaiting the next levels.

rhwood
Jan 25 2012, 08:55 PM
I play on MySpace and have had mo trouble with the quests. I used my 5x5 harvester and it worked fine. It did not count on the quest when I used my harvest/plow tool.Level 285 on MySpace

psycho_mommi
Jan 25 2012, 08:55 PM

21> C Winery
22> F Wine Cellar
23> C Sawmill
24> F Seafood Restaurant
25> C Coffee Grindr
26> F Fish Farming Plant
27> C Tea Factory
29> C Sushi Restaurant
30> F Cinnamon Factory
32> F Bee Farm
33> C Pasta Factory
34> F Furniture Factory
35> C Mineral Mine
36> F Brewery
38> F Pasta Restaurant
39> C Cereal Factory
40> F Jewery Factory
41> C Paper Mill
42> F Spice Factory
45> C Open -Pit Mine
46> F Ceramic Factory

these are great suggestions!!! please also increase the per gift amount on the items used in factories, such as tomatoes, potatoes, etc.

SunnyD
Jan 25 2012, 10:06 PM
the Quests on here for FB users...........yeahaw....can't wait.......

jcassemjr
Jan 25 2012, 10:29 PM
Woo Hoo! The Quests are Enabled!

My Quest is to make Fried Catfish. I have to complete all of the steps. Harvest Corn & Cabbage. Catch the Catfish (Please steams & lakes don't be picky on me when you are ready!). Harvest Olives. Make Olive Oil & Corn Flour, and then Make the Fried Catfish! I have to do it all in the right order. So just because I can load some Fried Catfish right now, it won't count until after I have completed the other steps.

I think I'm going to like this!

Other Players, Please post what you have to do, let see if there is a huge variation of quest opportunities! Maybe one for every "finished" product we are able to produce?!?

zippity
Jan 25 2012, 10:34 PM
mine is to produce 10 hot dogs 1 produce hotdog sausage 2 harvest 3 tomatoes harvest 10 flour 4 produce ketchup 5 produce flour 6 produce hot dog bread 7 produce hotdog.
will have this one done tomorrow afternoon as i always plant wheat and tomatoes on a daily basis

jcassemjr
Jan 25 2012, 10:40 PM
mine is to produce 10 hot dogs 1 produce hotdog sausage 2 harvest 3 tomatoes harvest 10 flour 4 produce ketchup 5 produce flour 6 produce hot dog bread 7 produce hotdog.
will have this one done tomorrow afternoon as i always plant wheat and tomatoes on a daily basis

It will be interesting to see if it counts harvesting crops that were planted before accepting the quest. If that works, I might just have to set a side several of my 10x10 crops spaces for some of the basics that are used in numerous recipes. I generally keep 50K of each ingredient in stock, and plant a whole farm or two to bump any crop that falls below 50K back up.

Definitely adds a nice strategic shift as to how players will have to play. I will have to change, and that's a good thing!:)

al_bundy
Jan 25 2012, 10:42 PM
I have to produce eel sushi

what i want to know is does it count if someone else harvests and fish for me or do i have to do it myself?

time to test and find out.

jcassemjr
Jan 25 2012, 10:45 PM

what i want to know is does it count if someone else harvests and fish for me or do i have to do it myself?

In the first post, Raul said, right now, we have to do all of the actions ourselves. But, he did say that getting help will count later. An additional twists!?!?! Where we have to hire the work out?!?!

Papi
Jan 25 2012, 10:46 PM
Harvest 5 sheep
Produce 4 sheep wool

Now waiting 4 hours on sheep wool ...

Taz D
Jan 25 2012, 10:48 PM

States for now must be completed by working by yourself on your farms...

al_bundy
Jan 25 2012, 10:49 PM
States for now must be completed by working by yourself on your farms...

Thanks mate :) probably would have helped if i had re read the first post lol (slaps self silly :D)

jcassemjr
Jan 25 2012, 10:53 PM
Harvest 5 sheep
Produce 4 sheep wool

Now waiting 4 hours on sheep wool ...

Wow, now do I want to leave a Shed un-harvested in fear that I will get that post right after I collect from my sheds? Strategy, Strategy, Strategy.... ?!?:eek:

Taz D
Jan 25 2012, 10:55 PM
Make 50 Plaintain chips. Harvest olives, make olive oil, harvest bananas, make chips. Sounds simple but my trees just got moved so have to wait for them to produce again...:rolleyes:

justmecookin
Jan 25 2012, 11:01 PM
Mine is make a pile of gold and produce gold rings...to test...I put my facilities up and it didnt reduce the time required for the quest...love these quest

Docperk
Jan 25 2012, 11:04 PM
I wished I would have noticed the Quest before I worked my facilities, since I already worked my animal sheds I can't produce any milk to complete the first step of my quest. Maybe I can do it first thing in the morning... Would have nice to have been able to do it right away. You better rewards the better time....

Papi
Jan 25 2012, 11:08 PM
Wow, now do I want to leave a Shed un-harvested in fear that I will get that post right after I collect from my sheds? Strategy, Strategy, Strategy.... ?!?:eek:

The quest has a 4-day time limit, so no worries on that front.

jcassemjr
Jan 25 2012, 11:13 PM
The quest has a 4-day time limit, so no worries on that front.

Yes, I have 6.9 days to complete the one I have active, but the faster you go, the faster the reward. I don't want to miss out on a FC reward (once they are available) by having just completed something vital, that take a long time for the action (Shed, a 5 day crop, etc) to be completed...

Moderators: Maybe we need a Quest topic started to have everyone's on going experience available...

Taz D
Jan 25 2012, 11:15 PM
Yes, I have 6.9 days to complete the one I have active, but the faster you go, the faster the reward. I don't want to miss out on a FC reward (once they are available) by having just completed something vital, that take a long time for the action (Shed, a 5 day crop, etc) to be completed...

Moderators: Maybe we need a Quest topic started to have everyone's on going experience available...
Raul is on, so guess he is posting that they are out...:D

chrisluvsanimals
Jan 25 2012, 11:28 PM
How are people supposed to finish quests they don't have the facilities for? For example--Need to make 10 Kung Pow chicken but don't have the semi to be able to "order" the chicken. What do people do in this case?

gffarmer
Jan 25 2012, 11:33 PM
The 'Quests' feature described in point #5 above is now live.

Thanks Raul!!

Taz D
Jan 25 2012, 11:37 PM
How are people supposed to finish quests they don't have the facilities for? For example--Need to make 10 Kung Pow chicken but don't have the semi to be able to "order" the chicken. What do people do in this case?
Chicken is a gift item. Maybe that would work.

jcassemjr
Jan 25 2012, 11:45 PM
I just found an "issue" with the Brussels Sprouts. Given that the "Brussels Sprouts Field" takes two lines to display, and then the line for the "Grown in XXX", the (F,W) doesn't show because there is not a 4th line available.

Not a big issue...

chrisluvsanimals
Jan 25 2012, 11:48 PM
Chicken is a gift item. Maybe that would work.

No, gift chicken won't work---The update says

Right now, Quest Steps need to be completed by working by yourself in your farm or facilities. That is to say, crops or products you get as a bonus working for others, as gifts or by trading at the market won't count, but they will in the future

So I still have the same question--How is someone supposed to do a quest that requires a facility they don't have?

Hornyroo
Jan 26 2012, 12:23 AM
you cant... im guessing youll have to find a way to buy the facility or you wont be able to.

Taz D
Jan 26 2012, 12:47 AM
One glitch Raul. If you mouse over a step in the right column the statement that pops up cannot be completely read because it is blocked by the edge of the pop up.

chrisluvsanimals
Jan 26 2012, 12:50 AM
you cant... im guessing youll have to find a way to buy the facility or you wont be able to.

That's what I'm afraid of and that's not really fair to REQUIRE someone to spend cash---that sounds more like Zynga than Slashkey

Taz D
Jan 26 2012, 01:06 AM
That's what I'm afraid of and that's not really fair to REQUIRE someone to spend cash---that sounds more like Zynga than Slashkey
My question would be how about those who are at the lower levels that don't have all the facilities. As it is now you accept a quest before you even know what it is. Your quests should be determined based on what facilities (if required) you have in your inventory. You should not have to accept a quest, not have a chance to complete it, and have to wait for it to expire before you can do another one.
One thing to point out is that even though they must be done all on our own farms currently we will be able to use gifts, crops and products from others in the future. Doesn't help your record though for past performance if you have to let one expire now.

zippity
Jan 26 2012, 01:14 AM
Well now I am glad I went crazy and bought all the facilities as they came out.

zippity
Jan 26 2012, 02:19 AM

no Zynga makes you beg your neighbors

Hornyroo
Jan 26 2012, 05:49 AM
Ok there is definately something off about the quests and the timing. I dont care what they say, but my facilties have been worked, and ive stored 2 seperate batches of petroluem since i began the quest, and its not showing as done. If i have to wait 72 hours for the barrels on the end of the cue in that facilty to work through, then im not gonna make this quest in time..

and im not begging on my wall for friends to work to feed them through quicker..

HelenJS22
Jan 26 2012, 06:01 AM
One glitch Raul. If you mouse over a step in the right column the statement that pops up cannot be completely read because it is blocked by the edge of the pop up.

I had that problem, and someone suggested I tried full screen view. IT WORKED :D I could read the whole thing then.

Strange because everything else seems only to work in standard screen mode, but so long as it worked I didn't mind.

HelenJS22
Jan 26 2012, 06:07 AM

LOL - yep it bothered me too :D but I was very well behaved and just had a lovely laugh about it.

Did you notice that it's been changed ??

Grumpa
Jan 26 2012, 07:15 AM
hehehe..

yeah, let Myspace be the guinea piggy.

.jk

No No that is the Alpha testers.

SunnyD
Jan 26 2012, 07:45 AM
since the quests have been enabled i am not able to post any of my bonus's ......was working ok before then..............eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkk

zippity
Jan 26 2012, 09:33 AM
Ok there is definately something off about the quests and the timing. I dont care what they say, but my facilties have been worked, and ive stored 2 seperate batches of petroluem since i began the quest, and its not showing as done. If i have to wait 72 hours for the barrels on the end of the cue in that facilty to work through, then im not gonna make this quest in time..

and im not begging on my wall for friends to work to feed them through quicker..

I believe you have to wait for your green barrel to get done in the quest manager before you can move onto the next step of the quest. At least that is what it is making me do before I can move on to the next step of my quest.

blue nile
Jan 26 2012, 10:15 AM
I believe you have to wait for your green barrel to get done in the quest manager before you can move onto the next step of the quest. At least that is what it is making me do before I can move on to the next step of my quest.

What green barrel?? lol i am very confused!

Toudahl
Jan 26 2012, 10:46 AM
How do I complete a quest.. I dont understand it..

Taz D
Jan 26 2012, 11:02 AM
What green barrel?? lol i am very confused!
Petrochemical barrel made in the oil refinery.

SunnyD
Jan 26 2012, 03:07 PM
i put this in help and support but somehow it is gone or i goofed....i am not able to publish anything from FT like help to get ingredients or bonuses , help for my facilities think it started after the quests were enabled i have used 2 browsers cleared temp file/ internet files on both , rebooted pc.not helping where do i go from here, seems to be isolated to me as i haven't seen anyone else with this trouble...

Taz D
Jan 26 2012, 03:15 PM
i put this in help and support but somehow it is gone or i goofed....i am not able to publish anything from FT like help to get ingredients or bonuses , help for my facilities think it started after the quests were enabled i have used 2 browsers cleared temp file/ internet files on both , rebooted pc.not helping where do i go from here, seems to be isolated to me as i haven't seen anyone else with this trouble...
Your post in Help and Support is still there in this link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468114

SunnyD
Jan 26 2012, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=Taz D;5025186]Your post in Help and Support is still there in this link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468114[/QUOT

OOps ty Taz, they say the first thing to go is the eyes as we get older,,, guess i am aging rapidly i also have Some-timers.............already good grief....heading there now ty ty

SunnyD
Jan 26 2012, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=Taz D;5025186]Your post in Help and Support is still there in this link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468114[/QUOT

OOps ty Taz, they say the first thing to go is the eyes as we get older,,, guess i am aging rapidly i also have Some-timers.............already good grief....heading there now ty ty

it's the reg blue pop up box and says Error at the top then this message below that An error occurred. Please try again later. the error messages just started later today before i got nothing just the box that appeared to be working
thanks for trying to help Taz

Hornyroo
Jan 26 2012, 05:57 PM
I have to say i like the quest idea.. but it has one major hang up.. the products we send to the facilties should be the first ones processed through, not the last. I means we either have to keep our facilties empty just in case we need them, or beg our friends to work endlessly to keep the products flownig through fast enough to complete quests. Either outcome is not good for long term playing as we'll either have nothing left in storage to advance coins and xp, or well be so sick of begging and logging in and out of extra accounts we will just give up. I think this is detrimental to the survival of this game and I would really love to do the quests, really is such a small change gonna kill anyone?

tnbskts
Jan 26 2012, 06:07 PM
I just found an "issue" with the Brussels Sprouts. Given that the "Brussels Sprouts Field" takes two lines to display, and then the line for the "Grown in XXX", the (F,W) doesn't show because there is not a 4th line available.

Not a big issue...

My ready-to-harvest brussels sprouts fields aren't showing the time to wasting, I assume because of this same issue (I don't have a red sprinkler but my field is showing the F). Bit of a pain but not a huge deal.

Grami Mary
Jan 26 2012, 06:24 PM
wow -- great calculations!!! i don't like having mines on EVERY farm either but need them to supply just one each of my facilities :(
i too wish that it were different in some way and hope the developers work this out for us -- for a 'farm' game it surely has become something more?!

Sunny Side
Jan 26 2012, 06:34 PM
At long last, salt has finally been made available in the mineral mine! What a pain to have to try to get this item as a gift.

Rob T
Jan 26 2012, 06:42 PM
I have to say i like the quest idea.. but it has one major hang up.. the products we send to the facilties should be the first ones processed through, not the last. I means we either have to keep our facilties empty just in case we need them, or beg our friends to work endlessly to keep the products flownig through fast enough to complete quests. Either outcome is not good for long term playing as we'll either have nothing left in storage to advance coins and xp, or well be so sick of begging and logging in and out of extra accounts we will just give up. I think this is detrimental to the survival of this game and I would really love to do the quests, really is such a small change gonna kill anyone?

There seems to be a misunderstanding, whats already in a facility is irrelevant, if you start ALL or start 30.. you will have to wait till the ALL or 30 are done for the quest to complete. However, if you start them as single items (if you need 5, then start 1 batch 5 times) you'll find you wont be waiting... except for the normal processing time

Docperk
Jan 26 2012, 07:23 PM
Ok, what I would like to know is what do the numbers in the black circles mean, just thinking about what Rob said above, does that mean the one with 10h mean those items will be ready in 10 hours? I think I can say that the ones with the green check marks are done... Any place we can go other than here of course to get this info, is it going to be posted soon or we just going to figure it out as we go?

Rob T
Jan 26 2012, 07:29 PM
Ok, what I would like to know is what do the numbers in the black circles mean, just thinking about what Rob said above, does that mean the one with 10h mean those items will be ready in 10 hours? I think I can say that the ones with the green check marks are done... Any place we can go other than here of course to get this info, is it going to be posted soon or we just going to figure it out as we go?

the number in the black circle means how long till ALL whats needed is complete, so for 5 items that take 2 hours each, should have 10h in the black circle

Grayce M. Jones
Jan 26 2012, 07:34 PM
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Jan 25, 10:50PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 6 new Crops: You can already earn Belts and Dans on them.

Scallions
Alfalfa
Coriander (Cilantro Seeds)
Saffron
Brussels Sprout
Chickpeas

2. 25 New Levels (Coming sometime next week): About 60 items all in coins.

3. 26x26 Farm Expansions for Farms 11 and 12: Here are the prices -> 3,000,000,000 Coins or 25 FarmCash.

4. Farm 13: Here are the prices in coins (FC prices remains the same):

12 x 12 Farm 13: 13000000
14 x 14 Upgrade: 10000000
16 x 16 Upgrade: 11000000
18 x 18 Upgrade: 12000000
20 x 20 Upgrade: 1300000000
22 x 22 Upgrade: 1400000000
24 x 24 Upgrade: 1500000000
26 x 26 Upgrade: 3000000000

5. Quests: There is a new icon in the extended tool bar (Mystery Dice) that will allow you to accept new Quests. Here are the rules:

- Quests are only enabled for users at level 30 or higher

- You can only accept 1 Quest per day and it has to be completed before it expires

- You can have several active Quests at the same time depending on your level, here is the table:

Level 30.....1 Max Active Quests
Level 50.....2 Max Active Quests
Level 100....3 Max Active Quests
Level 150....4 Max Active Quests
Level 200....5 Max Active Quests

- A Quest has several steps and it will be completed when all its steps are completed

- Roll your mouse over each Quest Step to find out what needs to be done

- You will earn prizes every time you complete a Quest. The prize in coins will be higher depending on:

a) How fast the Quest was completed
b) The complexity of the Quest (amount of Quest Steps)
c) User Level

- Right now, Quest Steps need to be completed by working by yourself in your farm or facilities. That is to say, crops or products you get as a bonus working for others, as gifts or by trading at the market won't count, but they will in the future. For now, if you hire others to harvest it wont count either, this may change as well.

- You can use any tool when harvesting, fishihg, etc.

6. Belts and Dans for Facility Products: The next 25 Facilities (in order of appearance in the Store) now have Belts and Dans enabled for each product. With each Belt or Dan you achieve you will increase your chances of getting a "free" Batch automatically for every Batch you start from that point on. Free Batches means that a new Batch is sent to production without consuming any ingredients or coins. See previous Release Post for the benefit % table.

7. Content Changes:

- Mineral Mine now produces Salt
- Cotton crop maturity reduced from 4 days to 3 days
- Sports Accessories Factory now produces Pool Cue Set, Pool Table Brush, Dart Set and Dartboards
- Furniture Factory now produces Pub Tables
- Glass Factory now produces Lantern Glass
- Duplicated production output for the Scented Candles

8. Explorer Accessories Factory (coins): Produces Accessories for Explorer Enthusiasts.

Camping Tent
Mosquito Net
Swiss Knife
Hiking Pole
Rescue Whistle
Signal Mirror
Folding Grill
Candle Lantern

9. Hibachi Japanese Restaurant (FC): Produces Hibachi Food.

Sake Shots
Sushi Combo
Grilled Tofu Steak
Hibachi Vegetables
Hibachi Steak
Hibachi Chicken
Hibachi Seafood
Banana Tempura

10. Explorer Shop (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Hammock
Tea Kettle
Camping Tent
Mosquito Net
Swiss Knife
Hiking Pole
Rescue Whistle
Signal Mirror
Folding Grill
Candle Lantern
Veggie Snack
Walnut Snack
Pistachios Snack
Chocolate Peanuts

11. Pub (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

FarmTown Beer
FarmTown Strong Beer
FarmTown Honey Beer
Calamari Rings
Mushroom Burger
Grilled Chicken Burger
Supreme Burger
Cod and Chips
Haddock and Onion Rings
Pool Cue Set
Pool Table Brush
Dart Set
Dartboard
Pub Table

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Fixes - Jan 25, 10:50PM EST:

The 'Quests' feature described in point #5 above is now live.

When in blazes are the levels coming? Those quests don't sound good, not enough simple instructions. Besides waiting for the cash from levels not more work. Stop making us wait.......

Rob T
Jan 26 2012, 07:37 PM
When in blazes are the levels coming? Those quests don't sound good, not enough simple instructions. Besides waiting for the cash from levels not more work. Stop making us wait.......

hi,

As Raul has posted... some time this week,

HelenJS22
Jan 26 2012, 07:39 PM
hi,

As Raul has posted... some time this week,

It's FRIDAY in Australia .... can we have then now huh, can we, can we ...;)

Rob T
Jan 26 2012, 07:40 PM
It's FRIDAY in Australia .... can we have then now huh, can we, can we ...;)

lmao... well i hope we do

Hornyroo
Jan 26 2012, 07:48 PM
no... whats already in the facility is irrelevant... it can be 99% full if you like... just need to be able to start x number of individual batches is all

i have done this, a couple of times, and im still being told 60 plus hours to wait....

Rob T
Jan 26 2012, 07:55 PM
i have done this, a couple of times, and im still being told 60 plus hours to wait....

sometimes it can take that if you have like 10 items each at 6 hours per item.... that would indeed take 60 hours to complete that

jcassemjr
Jan 26 2012, 08:28 PM
I believe that the key when you get to the production facility step is to open the facility where the production item is made, and start ONLY the specific number required for the quest. I have to do olive oil, and I had the capacity to start 6 batches. My quest was to complete 1 batch of olive oil. I clicked start all, and sent 6 batches into production. When I opened the Quest, I had it indicate that I had to wait 6 hours for that step of the quest to complete. Since a batch of olive oil takes 1 hour to finish, and I started 6 with the ALL button, that would be why I got the 6 hour wait. Had I only started 1 batch, I would have only had a 1 hour wait. After the six hours, even through I didn't store ANY of the olive oil, the step changed to being completed.

The quests are definitely going to cause us to change our strategy on how we play. The ALL button on the individual production items and Facility START ALL buttons will cause us to have longer waits. So we will have to keep our active quests in mind when we go to the Facility Manager.

Grami Mary
Jan 26 2012, 08:54 PM
i don't see the answer to the ? if we need to keep facilities empty so we can start just for our quests??? if all my facilities are full -- as they usually are, do i need to wait till they empty to start an item for my quest or will any that are produced after i open the quest count??
thank you
:confused:

jcassemjr
Jan 26 2012, 09:02 PM
I went to post in your thread but it is already closed... :(

I just wanted to say I completed my first quest, pretty simple just make some Milk and then some cheese, but now I have to wait 85 minutes before my next quest is unlocked. All my fields are ready to harvest, my facilities are full, I am afraid to do anything in fear that if I harvest or work my facility I will need what I just did. That is what happened last night when they released it. So now I don't know what to do I guess I will go to the market and see if find some work. :)

i don't see the answer to the ? if we need to keep facilities empty so we can start just for our quests??? if all my facilities are full -- as they usually are, do i need to wait till they empty to start an item for my quest or will any that are produced after i open the quest count??
thank you
:confused:

No, you don't need to keep them empty. You just need the room to start the required number of batches necessary for the Quest. If it says to start one, open the facility can click the Start Batch button, NOT, NOT, NOT the Start ALL or ALL button. If you need to start an item that takes 8 hours to produce and you start 8 batches, the quest will require 64 hours to pass before it will show that the step is finished. If you start 1, because that is all that is required, then the Quest Manager will require 8 hours to pass before it will show that the step is finished. If you are at 100% in the facility, you will only need to wait until you can start the required number of batches, and then the time it takes the number of batches you start to finish.

The key will be start only the number of batches you need for the quest to keep the time down. Once the Quest Manager records that you started the required batch, you can go back and fill you facilities to 100%. It has NOTHING to do with where the batched you start are in the production Que of the facility.

ebersole
Jan 26 2012, 09:06 PM
I have to make copper ore, copper sheets, harvest turkey feathers, then make darts. Of course I hit start all and I'm stuck on the first step. Guess we live and learn lol

Hornyroo
Jan 26 2012, 09:18 PM
ok i think im getting my head around this, im due for second quest now. lets see how this works..

mcdaddie
Jan 26 2012, 09:21 PM
I have held my temper as long as I can. I am about to blow a fuse. I have been a contented player for years and have had ONLY good things to say about this product and it's makers. But enough is enough!!!!! I have had it up to my eyeballs with these stupid popups telling me my progress on the belts that I achieve. I DON"T CARE about the progress. All I know is I press all my "start all" buttons quickly and cannot get two more facilities until all 8 items in the previous facility start transmitting popups. I get MAD and close the facility manager before I finish because I do not want to see the popups any more. I even went to a neighbors farm today to harvest their crops and the **** popups started appearing while trying to do my work.

Why can we not have a "check box" switch in the preferences drop down menu that allow us to turn off these irritating announcement that we could care less about. You say, well it is only until you reach 6th Dan. I say and then they will release another 25 facilities to produce hundreds more of the idiotic announcements.

ENUF!! is ENUF!!

Hornyroo
Jan 26 2012, 09:43 PM
ok so now im really reaaly confused.. im attaching a graphic.

i only have 6 petchem barrels in productions, 3 per batch, next batch in 49 mins, so it should max take 6 hours 49 mins to complete right (these r the two batches i started after accepting my quest, ive had friends working all day to work these through an already full facility)

i see the 1/1 part of the petro chem in the quest manager screen, which means ive set that part right..

so why the hell am i on a 56 hour wait???

Taz D
Jan 26 2012, 10:06 PM
ok so now im really reaaly confused.. im attaching a graphic.

i only have 6 petchem barrels in productions, 3 per batch, next batch in 49 mins, so it should max take 6 hours 49 mins to complete right (these r the two batches i started after accepting my quest, ive had friends working all day to work these through an already full facility)

i see the 1/1 part of the petro chem in the quest manager screen, which means ive set that part right..

so why the hell am i on a 56 hour wait???
Did you only start 1 for this quest? Did the last quest require this item too?
You can go ahead and start your 1 batch for your plastic granules then start your final product. When the final product completes your quest is through.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 26 2012, 10:14 PM
Oh wow! Just found the quests! AFTER I had planted all my fields! LOL They should be GREAT fun, though! I think I'm going to really love them. : )

Hornyroo
Jan 26 2012, 10:30 PM
ohhhhhhhhh kay i think i got it worked out now..

ive attached a pic, i individually started items for each of the steps - what is confusing people i think r the green and yellow highlighted areas telling u cant start one step until youve completed another..

my high numbers im guessing are from the "start all" error when i first when in..

so this should work how from now on in - will i complete the quest when the 10 pins r finished, or when those huge numbers finally roll over?

rob/taz your help is very much appreciated.. i get fustrated easily and youve been a big help.. normally i dont complain, but I could see others needing help too so I stuck with it.

and i think i figured out the trick to balancing off faciltiies for quests v facilties for products/xp - open you quest first before u run your facs for the day, use the empty space to get your quest stuff in, then load em up - repeat process 2mrwonce they have worked through. :D

Taz D
Jan 26 2012, 10:41 PM
ohhhhhhhhh kay i think i got it worked out now..

ive attached a pic, i individually started items for each of the steps - what is confusing people i think r the green and yellow highlighted areas telling u cant start one step until youve completed another..

my high numbers im guessing are from the "start all" error when i first when in..

so this should work how from now on in - will i complete the quest when the 10 pins r finished, or when those huge numbers finally roll over?

rob your help is very much appreciated.. i get fustrated easily and youve been a big help.. normally i dont complain, but I could see others needing help too so I stuck with it.

and i think i figured out the trick to balancing off faciltiies for quests v facilties for products/xp - open you quest first before u run your facs for the day, use the empty space to get your quest stuff in, then load em up - repeat process 2mrwonce they have worked through. :D
It will be done in the 4 hours for the pins.

Hornyroo
Jan 26 2012, 10:47 PM
It will be done in the 4 hours for the pins.

heee heeee im gonna hold u to that:D

Taz D
Jan 26 2012, 11:31 PM
heee heeee im gonna hold u to that:D
Sorry...I have to run...see you later.....tomorrow....:D

kahra01
Jan 26 2012, 11:32 PM
OK.. to complete my first quest was great.. all done in basically an hour or so.. very happy. But it appeared I had to wait 18.5 hours to start a new quest.. thats crazy! Lost interest very quickly with this quest thing. Glad it isnt a vital part of the game!! :(

brendajj
Jan 26 2012, 11:40 PM
Awesome upgrade can hardly wait for the new levels...the new challenges is fun, and something different to for sure, keep up the great work...I love this game... thanks Raul ;)

Hornyroo
Jan 26 2012, 11:57 PM

u cant run fast enough buddy!!!:rolleyes:

Taz D
Jan 26 2012, 11:58 PM
OK.. to complete my first quest was great.. all done in basically an hour or so.. very happy. But it appeared I had to wait 18.5 hours to start a new quest.. thats crazy! Lost interest very quickly with this quest thing. Glad it isnt a vital part of the game!! :(
One a day is all you get...:D

HelenJS22
Jan 27 2012, 12:28 AM
I have held my temper as long as I can. I am about to blow a fuse. I have been a contented player for years and have had ONLY good things to say about this product and it's makers. But enough is enough!!!!! I have had it up to my eyeballs with these stupid popups telling me my progress on the belts that I achieve. I DON"T CARE about the progress. All I know is I press all my "start all" buttons quickly and cannot get two more facilities until all 8 items in the previous facility start transmitting popups. I get MAD and close the facility manager before I finish because I do not want to see the popups any more. I even went to a neighbors farm today to harvest their crops and the **** popups started appearing while trying to do my work.

Why can we not have a "check box" switch in the preferences drop down menu that allow us to turn off these irritating announcement that we could care less about. You say, well it is only until you reach 6th Dan. I say and then they will release another 25 facilities to produce hundreds more of the idiotic announcements.

ENUF!! is ENUF!!

I have to agree here ... AGAIN ... Would you please listen to these pleas to get rid of the pop ups on the facility manager. It is absolutely relentless when we are trying to fill our facilities; sometimes in a hurry, and the pop up won't stop coming. For every single product in a facility it sends a popup. As Mcdaddie says, WE DON'T CARE!! and for the very few that we do care about, by the time it comes around we are so furious that we click it off without accepting it too.

Not only are the popups relentless, but there are some neighbours out there who seem to think that it's a really good idea to accept them all and so there is an unending stream of their requests for a bonus on our facebook pages.

The must be another way to deal with this. PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO GET RID OF THEM !!!!!

Taz D
Jan 27 2012, 12:44 AM
I have to agree here ... AGAIN ... Would you please listen to these pleas to get rid of the pop ups on the facility manager. It is absolutely relentless when we are trying to fill our facilities; sometimes in a hurry, and the pop up won't stop coming. For every single product in a facility it sends a popup. As Mcdaddie says, WE DON'T CARE!! and for the very few that we do care about, by the time it comes around we are so furious that we click it off without accepting it too.

Not only are the popups relentless, but there are some neighbours out there who seem to think that it's a really good idea to accept them all and so there is an unending stream of their requests for a bonus on our facebook pages.

The must be another way to deal with this. PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO GET RID OF THEM !!!!!
Helen thay can only post 5 every 12 hours.

HelenJS22
Jan 27 2012, 12:57 AM
Helen thay can only post 5 every 12 hours.

Yep, but when you get several dill brains doing it, that can really mess with your facebook page. I'm trying not to be mean and taking them off my list, but just clicking them all off.

HelenJS22
Jan 27 2012, 01:04 AM
:confused: Still trying to figure out the numbers in black circles in the quests. I am still having to wait 22 hours for the wretched little sausage packs to be ready to go, and according to my breakfast restaurant it will take 6 hours for 20 goose egg omelettes to be prepared, but there is the number 174 sitting in the first final product box.

If that is hours to finish, then that is more than the time allowed, which doesn't fit with the 22 x 6 = 28 that it seems that it should be. :eek: :confused: :(

Apart from clicking 'start all' in my semi in the first place, where am I going wrong given that all other elements of the quest are ticked as done?

Taz D
Jan 27 2012, 01:14 AM
:confused: Still trying to figure out the numbers in black circles in the quests. I am still having to wait 22 hours for the wretched little sausage packs to be ready to go, and according to my breakfast restaurant it will take 6 hours for 20 goose egg omelettes to be prepared, but there is the number 174 sitting in the first final product box.

If that is hours to finish, then that is more than the time allowed, which doesn't fit with the 22 x 6 = 28 that it seems that it should be. :eek: :confused: :(

Apart from clicking 'start all' in my semi in the first place, where am I going wrong given that all other elements of the quest are ticked as done?
Have you started your omlettes? If not, do you have the things needed to make them in storage? If so click on 1 batch of those. Your quest will finish in 6 hours.
Main thing to remember when doing your quests is to only start 1 batch at a time, per item needed. The only thing you can't hurry are any harvested items.

HelenJS22
Jan 27 2012, 01:18 AM
Have you started your omlettes? If not, do you have the things needed to make them in storage? If so click on 1 batch of those. Your quest will finish in 6 hours.
Main thing to remember when doing your quests is to only start 1 batch at a time, per item needed. The only thing you can't hurry are any harvested items.

Thanks Taz, I've started just one batch at a time for a second quest.

I'm thinking that the black circle numbers are not correct. My sausage order still says 21 hours and is definitely counting down, but now my final product window says 20 started out of 20 total. Go figure :) Oh well... I guess the window will tell me when I've successfully completed the quest.

HelenJS22
Jan 27 2012, 01:22 AM
I saw someone ask if the purple dice was for the quests. Can't find it now though. Perhaps the Quests icon could be put down into the onscreen tool bar. Does anyone use the star control? Maybe it could be replaced with the quests icon. It would be a constant reminder then that we have quests in the process.

Taz D
Jan 27 2012, 01:24 AM
Thanks Taz, I've started just one batch at a time for a second quest.

I'm thinking that the black circle numbers are not correct. My sausage order still says 21 hours and is definitely counting down, but now my final product window says 20 started out of 20 total. Go figure :) Oh well... I guess the window will tell me when I've successfully completed the quest.
Your omlettes should have 6 hours showing in the black circle in it. That is when your quest will be done.

HelenJS22
Jan 27 2012, 01:53 AM
Your omlettes should have 6 hours showing in the black circle in it. That is when your quest will be done.

Well my omelettes must be super fantastic, extra special ones because it says 173 in the little black circle :p

Hornyroo
Jan 27 2012, 02:35 AM

well wow it worked!!! and i got my 6 million plus coins... thx Taz for getting me through this, i got these down pat now!!!!

maggiel29
Jan 27 2012, 02:44 AM
Known Issues:

- The facility product Belt popups are frustrating some users, we will release an update soon that will allow you to disable them in the current session

- When completing a Quest Step by clicking the +30 or +All button the Quest Manager shows that you have to wait until all the products you just started gets done, you should wait only for the amounts of products needed to complete the quest step[/QUOTE]

Thank-you for picking up on these points. Although I still enjoyed my first quest - very satisfying and the ten million coins reward was nice.

maggiel29
Jan 27 2012, 02:46 AM
I saw someone ask if the purple dice was for the quests. Can't find it now though. Perhaps the Quests icon could be put down into the onscreen tool bar. Does anyone use the star control? Maybe it could be replaced with the quests icon. It would be a constant reminder then that we have quests in the process.

Thats a VERY good idea - actually I feel you could swap the mini game icon and the quest icon over!

maggiel29
Jan 27 2012, 02:52 AM
Did you only start 1 for this quest? Did the last quest require this item too?
You can go ahead and start your 1 batch for your plastic granules then start your final product. When the final product completes your quest is through.

Hi Taz - OK so I had to make medicine cabinets. Are you saying that I could have started (say for example) the aluminium sheets AND the medicine cabinets at the same time and it would have finished earlier? The Box for the medicine cabinets on the quest menu wasnt highlighted until all the ingredients had been made/harvested.

Hornyroo
Jan 27 2012, 03:09 AM
Hi Taz - OK so I had to make medicine cabinets. Are you saying that I could have started (say for example) the aluminium sheets AND the medicine cabinets at the same time and it would have finished earlier? The Box for the medicine cabinets on the quest menu wasnt highlighted until all the ingredients had been made/harvested.

thats what confused me too, and yes your right.. heres what if ugred out so far

as long as youve harvest/chop/fished for the raw ingredients.. you can then proceed to click for the others in your faciltities - dont do the click all thing

at this point im going in manually and clicking each item the amount i need to (this may not be necessary, im still working on that)

as long as you can make the final product from what you have in storage (not from what u made in the quest panel - again i was getting confused there) as soon as the final product the quest requires times out its complete, wether or not the ingredients you used were finished.

HelenJS22
Jan 27 2012, 04:52 AM
well wow it worked!!! and i got my 6 million plus coins... thx Taz for getting me through this, i got these down pat now!!!!

Hey Horny, when next you're on line, can you tell us what happens on our quest screen when we finish one. Do we get a fanfare and a merit sticker?

My first quest seems to be a much more complex one than the second and I'm still waiting for a result.

Hornyroo
Jan 27 2012, 05:17 AM
Hey Horny, when next you're on line, can you tell us what happens on our quest screen when we finish one. Do we get a fanfare and a merit sticker?

My first quest seems to be a much more complex one than the second and I'm still waiting for a result.

yep ive completed two today. it will show a green tick on the item in the top left - the item the quest was made - you will see black writing above saying quest is complete

there is a button at the bottom saying "redeem prize"

i got 6 mil plus for the big one i completed, and 3 mil plus for the second easier quest..

thats gonna add up if u can do one a day..

and Ive so got these thing worked out now :)