PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- February 13th, 2012

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Feb 13 2012, 09:13 PM
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Feb 15, 6:15PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. Valentine Items: Released 10 days ago.

2. 28x28 Farm Expansions for Farms 1 - 5: Here are the prices -> 5,000,000,000 Coins or 25 FarmCash.

3. Show Animals when Hired: This option is now part of the Preference Options so you can hide all animals when you are working other farms.

4. Quests Social Lifelines: Social Lifelines allows you to complete Quest Steps by interacting with friends. When you are stuck in a Quest you may decide to use a Social Lifeline to help you move forward. For now there will be 3 different kind of Social Lifelines:

- Gifting Lifeline: Allows you to complete Quest Steps by using gifts or ingredients from friends. In this case after you accept the gifts or ingredients you will have to Store them for them to be counted toward your Quest Steps requirements.

- Trading Lifeline: Allows you to complete Quest Steps by trading goods with other farmers in the Market.

- Employee Lifeline: Allows you to complete Quest Steps by working for others in farms or facilities. The product bonuses you get by working for others will count toward your Quest Steps requirements.

Here are the rules:

- You'll not know the Social Lifeline you are going to get until you actually request a Social Lifeline by clicking the Lifesaver icon in the top right
- You can only have one Quest with a Social Lifeline active at any point in time
- You can still always make the products yourself, Social Lifelines are just alternative ways for you to procure products for your Quest Steps
- Products procured through Social Lifelines will never count toward the main goal of a Quest (first step)

5. Other Quests Updates:

- A Quests could now be 'Load a Product' in a Service Facility, you will have to make the product in the Regular Facility and then load it into the Service Facility.
- The Info Tool Tip is now positioned in the center so you can always see full information text.
- Fertilized Crops now counts as 2 towards the Quest Step requirements
- Even if all your quantities are done you now have to wait until all of them finishes to be able to start the next product, this was a bug that is now fixed.

6. Belt Popups Update: Once you have posted your 5 Belt Posts allowed in 12 hours you will not see any more popups, instead you will see the fading text at the bottom of the screen. If that still is too much for your liking, the Belt Popups Window now have a checkbox so you can disable all popups in the current session.

7. Belts and Dans for Facility Products: The next 22 Facilities (in order of appearance in the Store) now have Belts and Dans enabled for each product. With each Belt or Dan you achieve you will increase your chances of getting a "free" Batch automatically for every Batch you start from that point on. Free Batches means that a new Batch is sent to production without consuming any ingredients or coins. See previous Release Post for the benefit % table.

8. Content Changes: Increase in mines production:

Iron Ore, Copper Ore, Chromite Ore, Aluminum Ore: 50% increase
Quartz Rock, Soda Crystals: 25% increase

9. New Crop and Tree: Black Beans and Plantain Tree. The Plantain Chips which are produced in the Snack Factory will soon require Plantains instead of Banana. (Coming Tomorrow)

10. Trophy Factory (coins): Produces Trophies. (Coming Tomorrow)

Soccer Trophy
Football Trophy
Writer Trophy
Movie Trophy
Science Trophy
Peace Trophy
Best Farmer Trophy
Best Neighbour Trophy

11. Latin American Restaurant (FC): Produces Latin American Food. (Coming Tomorrow)

Ceviche
Tamales
Pollo a la Brasa
Ropa Vieja
Sancocho
Bandeja Paisa
Dulce de Leche
Mermelada de Guayaba

12. China Buffet (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Rice
Mushrooms
Chinise Noodles
Fortune Cookies
California Rolls
Rainbow Rolls
Large Green Tea Bag
Watermelon

13. Gas Station (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Fuel
Apple Raspberry Cherry Juice
Chocolate Box
Lemon Drops
Pumpkin Pie
Rhubarb Pie
Peanut Snack
Sandwich
Sandwich Supreme
Italian Sandwich

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Fixes - Feb 14, 2:30AM EST

- When you Store Gifts the goods now correctly count towards Quest Steps if Gifting Lifeline is enabled

Post Release Fixes - Feb 14, 5:15PM EST

- The X25 errors when opening the Quest Manager should now be fixed

Post Release Updates - Feb 14, 11:00PM EST

- Black Beans and Plantain Tree are now live in the Store. Pending facilities coming tomorrow.

Post Release Updates - Feb 15, 6:15PM EST

- The Trophy Factory and the Latin American Restaurant are now live
- Plantain Chips now require Plantains (the correct ingredient) instead of Banana

Known Issues:

None

psycho_mommi
Feb 13 2012, 09:19 PM
RAUL AND DEVS- you guys are rockstars!!! thank you so much for the awesome updates!!! :D:D:D

1fritz
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.. Raul and dev's you are fantastic. Another great update love the farm expansions .. Already bought Gas Station!! Will be getting the rest when they unlock. You are the best! :D Thank you for keeping this the best game on Facebook. :D

Fritz

psycho_mommi
oh yaaaaa, i was first to comment!!! wooooot woooot!!! :D:D

TerriFlynn
Feb 13 2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome surprise Raul! Was looking more toward the end of the week for this!

Mrs Borgies
Feb 13 2012, 09:24 PM
2. 28x28 Farm Expansions for Farms 1 - 5: Here are the prices -> 5,000,000,000 Coins or 25 FarmCash.

Great balls of fire!!! OMG!!! That one was not expected. Thanks so much, this game is once more rocking with so much to keep me interested!!! :D

Mrs Borgies
Feb 13 2012, 09:26 PM
oh yaaaaa, i was first to comment!!! wooooot woooot!!! :D:D

I thought I was going to be the first....so many with their finger on the post button...lol

chrisluvsanimals
Feb 13 2012, 09:30 PM
When are the black beans going to show up and where are we getting the plantain trees from?

rocker grrrrrl
Feb 13 2012, 09:31 PM
woot!! one of the very first to comment... Great update! And way sooner than I expected. thanks so much!!

Aussie Rae
Feb 13 2012, 09:44 PM
thanks very much, love the updates, upgraded all the farms, bought the current facilities, waiting til tomorrow for the rest, thanks again, lol

Farmer_Susan
Feb 13 2012, 09:49 PM
Ha! We're all happy to be among the first to post. : )

Definitely unexpected! Thanks so much!

zippity
Feb 13 2012, 09:50 PM
where can we get the tree can not find it in the gifts or the store and the black beans are not showing up

Farmer_Susan
Feb 13 2012, 09:54 PM
When are the black beans going to show up and where are we getting the plantain trees from?

Same here - I'm not seeing either of these. I've got the new factories.

Molly Mew
Feb 13 2012, 09:57 PM
Many thanks, Raul. :)

carsonc
Feb 13 2012, 09:58 PM
when will the new tree be available?
thanks for the upgrade

AussieGecko
Feb 13 2012, 10:03 PM
YAY!!!! Thanks for the new stuff . . . once again you guys rule!!!!!

Jean's Farm
Feb 13 2012, 10:04 PM
And I was going to go to bed.....NOT!!!!! Thank you so much for the new goodies. You guys are the best!!!!!! :D :) :D :)

peeaanuut
Feb 13 2012, 10:06 PM
saw the updates and didnt see the thread. Glad to see some more facilities. Thanks as always.

TerriFlynn
Feb 13 2012, 10:11 PM
Not seeing the new crop or tree :(

ImajeanB
Feb 13 2012, 10:12 PM
Raul thank you for all the updates but....can you tell me why I cannot get gifts from the top of the screen?

poinks
Feb 13 2012, 10:19 PM
It would be a great update, if the quests hadn't started getting errors :(

bayoubes
Feb 13 2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the updates, bless you for putting the preference to hide those darn animals on peoples farms, lol. Those little critters always slows things down.

Mitipants
Feb 13 2012, 10:22 PM
Love the update, thank you!

Having some issues with a forced reload when opening the quests window.

Missing some buildings/animals.

I will wait till morning before whining LOL.

Perico429
Feb 13 2012, 10:28 PM
Thank you!, Thank you!, Thank you!! loving the new upgrades

al_bundy
Feb 13 2012, 10:31 PM
Thanks Raul

love the hide animals feature (would be good if they could be hidden completely like even on your own farm or visiting others like when working on facilities or just plain visiting)

great release (-:

JKatz
Feb 13 2012, 10:33 PM
Sweet! Thank you.

Tamblyne
Feb 13 2012, 10:37 PM
3. Show Animals when Hired: This option is now part of the Preference Options so you can hide all animals when you are working other farms.

This is the best part yet! I've come across people who have hundreds of animals on their farms, making them almost impossible for me to visit, let alone actually work them. *This* is *HUGE!*

Awesome, as always! Thank you!

Rob T
Feb 13 2012, 10:47 PM
Great update Raul and Team, thanks :)

abarrow
Feb 13 2012, 10:53 PM
wf38 cleared flash player, and cache, and i also am getting error saving data x025 click green tick to reload game
it only happens with the quest, i can open facility manager and it is fine i can do everything but the quest. please advise if this is partly due to the upgrade or ?

Time1ess
Feb 13 2012, 10:53 PM
INCREASE THE CHEESE, INCREASE THE COLA, INCREASE STORAGE CAPACITY ON ANIMAL SHEDS, INCREASE SILK AND CANVAS TEXTILE PRODUCTION ---------- PUH-LEEZ!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for shouting...I want to be READ! LOL

Docperk
Feb 13 2012, 11:06 PM
THanks so much. I am so exited got to check it out.

kazzaqld
Feb 13 2012, 11:06 PM
Well, I was expecting it because I just sold a bunch of stuff! :)

Thanks guys, much appreciated as always

HelenJS22
Feb 13 2012, 11:18 PM
THANK YOU !!!

http://subscribelist.yolasite.com/resources/animate/dancing_Snoopy.gif

WillowTreeFarm
Feb 13 2012, 11:23 PM
Oh My, I just sold my husband crops he needed to to do his quest!! How awesome is that!! Thank you Raul and team for this great game.

earlgray
Feb 13 2012, 11:27 PM
INCREASE THE CHEESE, INCREASE THE COLA, INCREASE STORAGE CAPACITY ON ANIMAL SHEDS, INCREASE SILK AND CANVAS TEXTILE PRODUCTION ---------- PUH-LEEZ!!!!!!!!!

Well, first of all I would like to say *thank you* for the recent updates. I've been loving the quests, and the Latin American restaurant sounds very cool. And I appreciate the increased production from the mines. But... I would sure like it if you would increase the production of canvas and silk, and maple lumber - even with multiple facilities producing them I just cannot keep up with these, especially after the facilities added in the release before this one. Maybe next time??

ppeoney
Feb 13 2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the update.
Could you please check-out what is going on with the quests and the data saving error X025?

gffarmer
Feb 13 2012, 11:48 PM
Wow! What a nice surprise! Nice Valentine's gift! Many thanks!!

psycho_mommi
Feb 13 2012, 11:53 PM
Well, first of all I would like to say *thank you* for the recent updates. I've been loving the quests, and the Latin American restaurant sounds very cool. And I appreciate the increased production from the mines. But... I would sure like it if you would increase the production of canvas and silk, and maple lumber - even with multiple facilities producing them I just cannot keep up with these, especially after the facilities added in the release before this one. Maybe next time??

love love love the increase for the mines, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE increase the gift amounts of all the factory usable items, like tomatoes, flour, potates, etc, at least to 100 like the carbonates water. also, PLEASE INCREASE production of said above items!! thanks!!!;)

maggiel29
Feb 14 2012, 12:10 AM
WOW!!! I went to bed early last night - good job because I would have never have got there if I had seen this first (Im on GMT time zone).

Love the new Gas station - a way to make more money on fuel. Also the Quest lifelines - a real bonus.
Looking forward to the other goodies.

Thank you thank you
(Knew this would come Monday - and my hand surgery got cancelled so I can still play)

al_bundy
Feb 14 2012, 12:13 AM
wonder if the new food resturant uses northern pike or walleys?

pickoy
Feb 14 2012, 12:33 AM

I also ran out of canvas textile roll production... and thanks for enabling to hide the animals... great update! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

maggiel29
Feb 14 2012, 12:49 AM
Thanks Raul

love the hide animals feature (would be good if they could be hidden completely like even on your own farm or visiting others like when working on facilities or just plain visiting)

great release (-:

Im getting them vanish when I work others facilities - yes would like to hide them on my farms sometimes too.

ImajeanB
Feb 14 2012, 12:52 AM
where can we get the tree can not find it in the gifts or the store and the black beans are not showing up

Raul said coming tomorrow on the black beans and plantains. It is tomorrow here. LOL

Vicky Vine
Feb 14 2012, 01:27 AM
Great update as usual, tyvm

busybeeleigh
Feb 14 2012, 03:25 AM
great new things but sence thay have been introduced I CANT ACCESS QUESTS it keeps coming up with a error and reloads my whole farm have tried everything from closing whole computer to reloading whole facebook HELP PLEASE

Tony D
Feb 14 2012, 03:26 AM
great new things but sence thay have been introduced I CANT ACCESS QUESTS it keeps coming up with a error and reloads my whole farm have tried everything from closing whole computer to reloading whole facebook HELP PLEASEHi, the Developers are aware of the problem, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

truckie547
Feb 14 2012, 03:44 AM
Thanks !!!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK !!!!!!!!!

maggiel29
Feb 14 2012, 05:09 AM
Raul said coming tomorrow on the black beans and plantains. It is tomorrow here. LOL

Tomorrow here too!! Want to see what the new facilities entail - but love what we have so far.

crafty chris
Feb 14 2012, 06:17 AM
what can i say but thanks again ... loving the game as much as when i first started :)

mac16129
Feb 14 2012, 06:30 AM
Thanks for another fantastic update to an already fantastic game!!!!

rocker grrrrrl
Feb 14 2012, 06:42 AM
In the store for me, it says that the trophy factory is 30,000 coins. Is this a misprint? It is still locked, but is it really 30,000 or is it 3,000,000?

Thanks!! :p

StoneFace
Feb 14 2012, 07:01 AM
Every thing is great....

especially love the taste of the new Hubarb Pie...... :p

Thanks guys.... expansions and new facilities are always welcome.

:D

maggiel29
Feb 14 2012, 07:03 AM
In the store for me, it says that the trophy factory is 30,000 coins. Is this a misprint? It is still locked, but is it really 30,000 or is it 3,000,000?

Thanks!! :p

Says 30,000 for me too!!!

maggiel29
Feb 14 2012, 07:05 AM
Every thing is great....

especially love the taste of the new Hubarb Pie...... :p

Thanks guys.... expansions and new facilities are always welcome.

:D

They must have changed it mine says Rhubarb now (Gas station) :D

StoneFace
Feb 14 2012, 07:19 AM
They must have changed it mine says Rhubarb now (Gas station) :D

hehehe.... yep, it was/is the list in post #1 that has that unique pie.

maggiel29
Feb 14 2012, 07:24 AM
hehehe.... yep, it was/is the list in post #1 that has that unique pie.

Well its a new one on me - some new exotic fruit maybe??? :D:D:D

maggiel29
Feb 14 2012, 07:25 AM
Come on devs I want to play with the new facilities - my hand surgery is now Thursday - gotta have a least a day to play!!

(Trying - probably vainly - to play on Devs sympathy)

StoneFace
Feb 14 2012, 07:41 AM
what a bummer.... one set of farms is responding fine... expanded 1-5, bought new stuff... completed easy Quest... :D

the other set just shows the error popup and returns to the farm.... ugh:mad:

dorissau
Feb 14 2012, 08:05 AM
YAAAAAAAAAY for the "social lifelines" .. that means soooo much to those of us who can't afford some of the FC facilities!! That was such a wonderful addition! I just LOVE this game and especially all you devs. You are so responsive to all your players! Amazing!!!

Wilde Lily
Feb 14 2012, 08:35 AM
Thank you!! :D

k1ss
Feb 14 2012, 09:41 AM
Like many others im getting the error message when opening the quest box ......gr8 update thx

SunnyD
Feb 14 2012, 10:45 AM
i'm not but one of my neighbors is getting the error message also in the quests..........loving the updates.............

amfdavis21003
Feb 14 2012, 11:35 AM
great birthday present to wake up to :) thanks for the update!

JW2009
Feb 14 2012, 11:52 AM
Hi, Thank you for the updates, I really appreciate everything especially the Gas Station, Thank you very much for it :) just a thought, how about also selling hot chocolate and coffee from our coffee shop in the Gas Station?
Thank You very much and Happy Farming :)

Dennice
Feb 14 2012, 12:19 PM
Like many others im getting the error message when opening the quest box ......gr8 update thx

*Raises hand and frustration* Flummoxed to have a newly introduced part of FT unavailable :{

max_river
Feb 14 2012, 12:21 PM
ty for the up date. one question where do i find the thread for start date.

cgsfarm
Feb 14 2012, 12:36 PM
Hi again, when will the quest problem be solved...still getting the X025 error message. Update is good.

anglnwhite
Feb 14 2012, 12:36 PM
Love, love, love the update! Thanks again devs and mods for all your hard work and attention. Guess I am just one of many getting the quest box error message. :( I'll be patient in the knowledge that you will have it fixed soon. Happy Heart Day!

Texas Belle
Feb 14 2012, 12:44 PM
Great balls of fire!!! OMG!!! That one was not expected. Thanks so much, this game is once more rocking with so much to keep me interested!!! :D

Me neither, but it rocks, thanks for the Latin American Restaurant. And here I go: what about black bean soup, cuban sandwich, carne asada, croquetas?

Thanks Raul and company, you all are the best! Nice Valentine present!!

Still owe you the batido de mamey!!

youmaycallmemissb
Feb 14 2012, 01:10 PM
Has anyone seen the Black bean crop and Plantain Tree yet? Can't find it in the store.
-Miss B

Miamine
Feb 14 2012, 01:25 PM
Off to test me lifelines now... *looks in shopping catalogue for new things to buy* :p

.. oh yea, thank you for being so wonderful ;)

busybeeleigh
Feb 14 2012, 01:26 PM
hope it is fixed soon love the quests thay are great and help so much what to grow for each thing like a tresure hunt on your own farm even found trees we didnt have lol

Deborah1979
Feb 14 2012, 01:49 PM
Has anyone seen the Black bean crop and Plantain Tree yet? Can't find it in the store.
-Miss B

:) According to the first page of this thread, Raul says they will be released "tomorrow". Keep in mind that he posted this at 1:30 AM, so that may mean tomorrow.....(Wednesday for Central Time Zone)

The same with a couple of the new facilities....tomorrow.

bruhelmboldt
Feb 14 2012, 02:16 PM
Me neither, but it rocks, thanks for the Latin American Restaurant. And here I go: what about black bean soup, cuban sandwich, carne asada, croquetas?

Thanks Raul and company, you all are the best! Nice Valentine present!!

Still owe you the batido de mamey!!

How about Cuba Libres? We've already got the coke and the rum.

purplicious5860
Feb 14 2012, 02:35 PM
i have no idea where to post this question. so here i go lol question do anyone know the quick way besides buying to get ft cash? i level up fast sometimes but you need so much to get anything. i tried the get up to 30 ft cash by hiring people im lucky i got 6. i think ft needs to make it easier to get ft cash instead of buying. any ideas will be welcome ty

maggiel29
Feb 14 2012, 04:27 PM
Im wondering if the Trophy Factory is going to have another function somewhere in the future? Best neighbour trophy etc etc?
I see Raul is online - better go to bed now cos if I wait and he updates the game with the new Facs I will never go - night everyone.

SunnyD
Feb 14 2012, 04:30 PM
loving being able to hide animals when hired Yay!!!!!

pelicn
Feb 14 2012, 05:09 PM
Love the update! But I have found a glitch in the "Quest" part

Raul said:
- Employee Lifeline: Allows you to complete Quest Steps by working for others in farms or facilities. The product bonuses you get by working for others will count toward your Quest Steps requirements.

My current quest is to produce hot chocolate...I have worked my neighbors factories and it is not showing that I have..I have check marks on everything but "making the hot chocolate" I worked my neighbors factories, including the coffee and tea shop...and I checked...each had Hot chocolate in the inventory...but no go...it wasn't until I produced it myself will it count as part of my quest.

Tygered
Feb 14 2012, 05:14 PM
Once again I commend the devs on another great update. I really am glad to see that the sheet metal factory must have received new equipment and now will produce more. I am also glad about the open pit mine increases. However, I ask that you really check on the rubber sheet factory. I am always running out of rubber and since the factory only produces 120 for a 30 batch, it really needs some updating too.
Thanks again for all the new stuff.

whoops misread that, thanks for the mines increases, but please consider increasing metals and rubber sheet productions in those factories.

Taz D
Feb 14 2012, 05:26 PM
Love the update! But I have found a glitch in the "Quest" part

Raul said:

My current quest is to produce hot chocolate...I have worked my neighbors factories and it is not showing that I have..I have check marks on everything but "making the hot chocolate" I worked my neighbors factories, including the coffee and tea shop...and I checked...each had Hot chocolate in the inventory...but no go...it wasn't until I produced it myself will it count as part of my quest.
Working the final step does not count from working others. Raul also said that.

SallyL
Feb 14 2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the new update. Thank you for fixing the quest issue so quickly. Thank you for the gas station. There are so many ways to play this game. Thank you for all the diversity. I love having to plan crop planting for the quests. Thank you. Thank you for Farm Town. :-)

pelicn
Feb 14 2012, 05:53 PM
Working the final step does not count from working others. Raul also said that.

Thanks TAZ...I totally missed that part! I'm a DORK LOL

Raul....thanks for the message! I love this game because the "players" are an integral part of the game! This is the absolute best game on Facebook!! :D

angelkitten
Feb 14 2012, 06:00 PM
it's tomorrow, so where is the new stuff??? waiting so not impatiently....

Mally
Feb 14 2012, 06:23 PM

I think tomorrow means Feb 15th. lol Patience, Grasshopper. ;)

I would like to thank Raul and team for having the best and most updated farm game on Facebook. So many updates, I need to catch up! :)

artisanrox
Feb 14 2012, 06:40 PM
Sorry to say, I JUST FOUND the Valentine's "Cupcakes" stand. I think you'd have to have a heart of stone to not find that spitting-hearts-and-rainbows adorable. <3

Nice job, Slashkey :)

theperfectnina
Feb 14 2012, 08:58 PM

We do really need more capacity for silk and especially canvas, there are too many facilities that use these, esp the canvas, it should be tripled, without taking triple cotton to produce, we all can't play 24/7

writerkat
Feb 14 2012, 09:00 PM
When someone asks for ingredients and I help it is NOT going to my gift box!!! I need scented candles for a quest that is FARMCASH!

theperfectnina
Feb 14 2012, 09:02 PM
Once again I commend the devs on another great update. I really am glad to see that the sheet metal factory must have received new equipment and now will produce more. I am also glad about the open pit mine increases. However, I ask that you really check on the rubber sheet factory. I am always running out of rubber and since the factory only produces 120 for a 30 batch, it really needs some updating too.
Thanks again for all the new stuff.

whoops misread that, thanks for the mines increases, but please consider increasing metals and rubber sheet productions in those factories.

I appreciate the increase for the open pit mine and mineral mine BUT it ISN'T enough, it should have been tripled, I can't even fill any factory that requires these items, I just class it as a waste of farmtown cash buying facilities that need so much of these items and the devs are only partly listening to us.

Canvas, rubber, ALL metal and glass ingredients, should be tripled to allow us to fully utilise our factories we PAID good money for. Also HOW MANY MORE DARN TREES MUST WE PLANT. IT JUST SLOWS DOWN THE FARMS

Taz D
Feb 14 2012, 09:07 PM
When someone asks for ingredients and I help it is NOT going to my gift box!!! I need scented candles for a quest that is FARMCASH!
When you help someone with ingredients those do not go in your Gift Box, but go directly into your storage.

Miamine
Feb 14 2012, 09:10 PM
Them xlink errors messed up my quests. They reset the ice-cream I put in the factory back to zero. On the second quest I was unable to open it (got thrown out of game) but now I've reloaded it's opened itself, unfortunately by this time I've done a harvest and no crops are left. I had no intention of opening the quest without a decent harvest.

Does this sound like complaining... it's not, it's a telling, for information purposes only. :p

1fritz
Feb 14 2012, 09:20 PM
How about Cuba Libres? We've already got the coke and the rum.

Don't forget the lime

Docperk
Feb 14 2012, 09:27 PM
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Feb 14, 5:15PM EST.

4. Quests Social Lifelines: Social Lifelines allows you to complete Quest Steps by interacting with friends. When you are stuck in a Quest you may decide to use a Social Lifeline to help you move forward. For now there will be 3 different kind of Social Lifelines:

- Gifting Lifeline: Allows you to complete Quest Steps by using gifts or ingredients from friends. In this case after you accept the gifts or ingredients you will have to Store them for them to be counted toward your Quest Steps requirements.

- Trading Lifeline: Allows you to complete Quest Steps by trading goods with other farmers in the Market.

Here are the rules:

- You'll not know the Social Lifeline you are going to get until you actually request a Social Lifeline by clicking the Lifesaver icon in the top right
- You can only have one Quest with a Social Lifeline active at any point in time
- You can still always make the products yourself, Social Lifelines are just alternative ways for you to procure products for your Quest Steps
- Products procured through Social Lifelines will never count toward the main goal of a Quest (first step)

Post Release Fixes - Feb 14, 2:30AM EST

- When you Store Gifts the goods now correctly count towards Quest Steps if Gifting Lifeline is enabled

Post Release Fixes - Feb 14, 5:15PM EST

- The X25 errors when opening the Quest Manager should now be fixed

Known Issues:

None

Okay, so this didn't work I thought it would. So I get a quest to make Foundation which I don't have the makeup factory and don't care to. I get everything made except for the Produce foundation and Load Foundation. So I read the item above about Social Lifelines and thing cool I have neighbors that have facilities I could work and go get some so I click on the lifeline and it tells me my lifeline is for a gift. None of the ingredients for foundation are available from gifts? And as I am writing this I realize what Load Foundation means, I don't have the Service Facility to sell foundation either which I don't care to have either so I realize now I have just wasted my time on this. Oh well.

Jean's Farm
Feb 14 2012, 09:28 PM

I think they were busy working on the quest problem today....hopefully the 15th will show them. :)

kahra01
Feb 14 2012, 09:34 PM
I think they were busy working on the quest problem today....hopefully the 15th will show them. :)

LOL but it is the 15th!! for us in Aus anyway.. does that count? haha :D

artistvermont
Feb 14 2012, 09:52 PM
I expected cherry cheesecake or Chocolate cupcakes with cherry icing or some such thing for Valentine's Day. I didn't expect switching banana trees for plantain trees in order to make chips in Snack Factory!!! So pray tell... what do we do with all these banana trees we no longer need? If you can undo this idea it would be best all the way round. Please reconsider.

max_river
Feb 14 2012, 09:56 PM
one thing we need is a warning when it comes to a pop up if you actidentaly hit yes on the the ones that come up with the new message for the belts.

gffarmer
Feb 14 2012, 09:57 PM
Black Beans and Plantain Tree are now live in the Store. Pending facilities coming tomorrow.

Thanks Raul!!

max_river
Feb 14 2012, 09:57 PM
I expected cherry cheesecake or Chocolate cupcakes with cherry icing or some such thing for Valentine's Day. I didn't expect switching banana trees for plantain trees in order to make chips in Snack Factory!!! So pray tell... what do we do with all these banana trees we no longer need? If you can undo this idea it would be best all the way round. Please reconsider.

you still need banana trees for the resturants

gffarmer
Feb 14 2012, 09:59 PM

Bananas are needed in SIX other items! Would not call that no longer needed!

SunnyD
Feb 14 2012, 10:19 PM
way cool the life line is grrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttt had fun playing to see if it actually does work yay it does........course i imagine that i make less than i would if i made all the ingredients but i don't have every facility sooooo this helps me yay..........

Enjay
Feb 14 2012, 11:14 PM
thanks very much, love the updates, bought the current facilities, tree and seed, waiting til tomorrow for the rest, thanks again, most beautiful update yet. Love the lifeline, that will come in very handy.

HelenJS22
Feb 14 2012, 11:57 PM
Love, love, love the quest lifeline. I haven't fallen in very often - ever prepared - but I've been away for a couple of days and not quite as diligent as usual ..... and the lifeline saved me a long wait for crops. Thank you.

kesler103
Feb 15 2012, 03:12 AM
I love this game, but I'm not thrilled with having to change my banana trees..I worked very hard to get them and I have a lot of them..I gave up that other farm game long, long ago. Being housebound, I am absolutely thrilled with having something to do with my friends, many of which I met in your marketplace, who have turned into true friends. I also love the fact that the game runs in real time and you can chat with other players. All the new stuff is always great, but I'll stop doing quests now, since I don't want any more factory type buildings. I a more interested in leveling up and would love to have goals like that to work at instead of just boom being there right away when they're available. Thanks for all you do.

al_bundy
Feb 15 2012, 03:27 AM
I love this game, but I'm not thrilled with having to change my banana trees..I worked very hard to get them and I have a lot of them..I gave up that other farm game long, long ago. Being housebound, I am absolutely thrilled with having something to do with my friends, many of which I met in your marketplace, who have turned into true friends. I also love the fact that the game runs in real time and you can chat with other players. All the new stuff is always great, but I'll stop doing quests now, since I don't want any more factory type buildings. I a more interested in leveling up and would love to have goals like that to work at instead of just boom being there right away when they're available. Thanks for all you do.

you will still need banana trees for other items the change only affects the chips.

just fitting the new one in will be the job for many :)

maggiel29
Feb 15 2012, 03:47 AM
LOL but it is the 15th!! for us in Aus anyway.. does that count? haha :D

15th in UK too and as it was the 15th here when Raul posted the note about new facilities being tomorrow that probably means the 16th here : (

Never mind I can at least plant the new crop and the new trees.

Valdoe
Feb 15 2012, 05:50 AM
With so many belts now many are losing getting the ones they want.

1. Limit of 5 is to low...

2. What should happen and would be a better system is that you first fill all your facilities up first then when you close down the facilities manager there should be another Icon that shows you a list of what belts you reached in the last refill. From that list you should be able to tick off the 5 you want to post .
when posted then others should just disappear till the next belt is earned.

I hate that I have to choose 5 belts and not knowing what is coming due.

I for one only want to post belts that I need product of.. cheese, Rubber Yellowtail etc. not fuel that I have tons of or corn flour, ink etc that I cannot even give all.

theoxman
Feb 15 2012, 06:19 AM
Wow...this is one incredibly WEAK release. (1) another farm expansion for 5 billion coins. The expansion is basically worthless...the length of time for it to break even is way way past the useful point. I won't bother. (2) You introduce quests and then do something to make it easer to do...please...make a CHALLENGE not something dumbed down so much it's meaningless. (3) Changing the ingredients required for a product is unappreciated. I now have to rip up an existing fully functional farm and replant a different tree and reset the farm.....FOR WHAT? This was just stupid...plain and simple.

The only reasonable thing in the release was the increase in capacity at the mines. But then again, this should have come hand in hand with an increase in metal production ability.

This release gets my "Shouldn't have bothered" rating.

Majik Merlin
Feb 15 2012, 06:29 AM
Wow...this is one incredibly WEAK release. (1) another farm expansion for 5 billion coins. The expansion is basically worthless...the length of time for it to break even is way way past the useful point. I won't bother. (2) You introduce quests and then do something to make it easer to do...please...make a CHALLENGE not something dumbed down so much it's meaningless. (3) Changing the ingredients required for a product is unappreciated. I now have to rip up an existing fully functional farm and replant a different tree and reset the farm.....FOR WHAT? This was just stupid...plain and simple.

The only reasonable thing in the release was the increase in capacity at the mines. But then again, this should have come hand in hand with an increase in metal production ability.

Just proves, ya can please some of the people all of the time; ALL of the people some of the time and NONE of the people all of the time.

Raul and Devs, you do a great job and I for one am pleased with this update....especially the production increase in the mines.

Valdoe
Feb 15 2012, 06:36 AM

I am starting to agree with you.. each update is starting to be the same as the last.. more facilities more to fill more to plant etc.

I sent an email outlining a new Farmtown2 "Extreme Challenge" for the people that want a challenge.. it described how the game should be played where conditions changes from time to time.. but got no word back. I thought it would but some real excitement back into the game.

Raul my suggestions would give you more money revenue and excite the loyal older players and bring in new players as all would again be starting on a even footing level. Not many new players because so many are so advance in levels.

Higher level players that dont want to just decorate farms and keep doing the same thing from Updates to updates.

Bearcats937
Feb 15 2012, 06:48 AM
I see after a year of begging and begging, I am not going to get my trains or tracks... can we at least get bridges for the roads and maybe other bridges for paths

Inge Jones
Feb 15 2012, 06:58 AM
What happened to the idea of the animals getting out and eating our crops, and foxes breaking in? And having to feed the animals? New gameplay not just more of the same.

Oh, while I am posting, where can I find the plantain trees? I can't see them in either gifts or store.

maggiel29
Feb 15 2012, 07:01 AM
Oh, while I am posting, where can I find the plantain trees? I can't see them in either gifts or store.

They have been released now - at sort your tree store into alphabetic order easier that way to find things. Exactly like banana trees except grow green fruit not yellow.

maggiel29
Feb 15 2012, 07:05 AM

Oh dear - WHY do you have to tear up a farm to plant new Plantain trees? I think it makes sense to make plaintain chips from Plantains - you still need bananas for other things.

IMHO the lifeline does not make the quests less of a challenge it just makes them possible for the occasion when folks do not have that particular facility and there is no guarantee which lifeline you get.

maggiel29
Feb 15 2012, 07:06 AM
With so many belts now many are losing getting the ones they want.

1. Limit of 5 is to low...

2. What should happen and would be a better system is that you first fill all your facilities up first then when you close down the facilities manager there should be another Icon that shows you a list of what belts you reached in the last refill. From that list you should be able to tick off the 5 you want to post .
when posted then others should just disappear till the next belt is earned.

I hate that I have to choose 5 belts and not knowing what is coming due.

I for one only want to post belts that I need product of.. cheese, Rubber Yellowtail etc. not fuel that I have tons of or corn flour, ink etc that I cannot even give all.

Brilliant idea - I wish we could have more than 5 posts for bonuses

Inge Jones
Feb 15 2012, 07:19 AM
Thanks Maggie, I should have thought of sorting :)

meacara
Feb 15 2012, 08:13 AM
I am disappointed that the social lifeline does not help us with honey, beeswax, shrimp, cod, etc. The honey farm and fish farming plant should be workable, or at least be able to have bonuses you collect from others posting count towards quests. What is the point in the trade thing if you can't trade anything from facilities and it cannot be used for the first step in a quest?

SunnyD
Feb 15 2012, 08:18 AM
Oh dear - WHY do you have to tear up a farm to plant new Plantain trees? I think it makes sense to make plaintain chips from Plantains - you still need bananas for other things.

IMHO the lifeline does not make the quests less of a challenge it just makes them possible for the occasion when folks do not have that particular facility and there is no guarantee which lifeline you get.

cause we have a Latin/American Restaurant coming i imagine that we will be using the Saffron, chickpeas, black beans and plantains in a lot of dishes......Plantain (plátano in Spanish) is a favorite fruit of my family.....

SunnyD
Feb 15 2012, 08:20 AM
I am disappointed that the social lifeline does not help us with honey, beeswax, shrimp, cod, etc. The honey farm and fish farming plant should be workable, or at least be able to have bonuses you collect from others posting count towards quests. What is the point in the trade thing if you can't trade anything from facilities and it cannot be used for the first step in a quest?

actually i did manage to get honey for a product ,don't know about the rest your asking.........

Soozy
Feb 15 2012, 08:27 AM
Can someone please fill me in where else bananas are used before I sell them all? I think the change from bananas to plantains for snacks is very unfair to those that might not have the other facilities that use bananas.you will still need banana trees for other items the change only affects the chips.

just fitting the new one in will be the job for many :)

Sandy Mae
Feb 15 2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks for new goodies. I will see today what you were talking about. I miss so much when I come into town and just work my fields!!! LOL. Thanks Raul and thank the others too. I am now going to check out what I missed! Embarrassed

Texas Belle
Feb 15 2012, 09:11 AM
cause we have a Latin/American Restaurant coming i imagine that we will be using the Saffron, chickpeas, black beans and plantains in a lot of dishes......Plantain (plátano in Spanish) is a favorite fruit of my family.....

Ours too Sunny, specially the ripe ones that are very sweet. Put them on a pyrex, cover them with butter, cinnamon sugar and white wine, bake them at 350 for 35 min. and they are wonderful, just like bananas foster.

Now that is an idea, you can use the plantains, butter, cinnamon, sugar and white wine...

Thank you, thank you very much, muchas gracias to all for the updates!!

Texas Belle
Feb 15 2012, 09:16 AM

Don't change your banana trees, they are both different and used different... you still have to have your bananas, plantains are used in another way...If you ever buy "trail mix" you will find plantains there, and they are not bananas.

Texas Belle
Feb 15 2012, 09:22 AM
:) According to the first page of this thread, Raul says they will be released "tomorrow". Keep in mind that he posted this at 1:30 AM, so that may mean tomorrow.....(Wednesday for Central Time Zone)

The same with a couple of the new facilities....tomorrow.

Well I am on Central Time so tomorrow is today, and no facilities yet, they are still locked, LOL

OH maybe is today at 12:30 am

theoxman
Feb 15 2012, 10:40 AM

I don't have to tear up a farm just to plant the trees but in order to plant them where it makes sense...well I do. I have my trees organized by harvest times per field (makes it MUCH less time consuming to figure out what is ready).

Sure it makes sense to use plantanins...WHY didn't they do that to start with???!!! They aren't advancing the game...just making you get more trees to keep doing what you already were doing. Simply put...more work...more trees...for NO GAIN.....

Here's something I just thought of though...why can't we have something like the farm selector/facility manager that shows when something is harvestable on farm...maybe like a dot in that farm's square, etc...

jennieh11
Feb 15 2012, 10:43 AM
I used to love this game and played it to the exclusion of any other games. However, it has become TOO expensive to bother trying to keep up ...

We used to have alternative ways to earn Farm Cash, now we have to purchase Facebook credits and use them to purchase Farm Cash. For those of us who have been hit hard by the economy the continual introduction of new factories, restaurants and service buildings is just getting ludicrous. This is in comparison to other games with increasing levels.

For those of us who have reached and exceeded (by millions of XP) the level we are at we are stuck getting 25 lousy Farm Cash every 2 months or so. This enables us to purchase about 2 new facilities every four months. This was extremely distressing when the "Task" I opened last night required production from the new Japanese Restaurant which I purchased with the precious FC that I had stored up. The ones I now am missing will take $40.00 REAL DOLLARS to purchase, so they WON'T be included and future tasks will have to be ignored.

Other gaming companies reward those who have played and achieved high XP by giving them levels. I can pick up 2 to 3 additional Rewards Points PER DAY by playing the hated rival zynga's games with much less effort. I can get about 1/4 Farm Cash per day which I only see after I have waited for them to give me 25 lousy points in another 6 weeks. That will mean I will have to wait for approximately 14 weeks before I can purchase anything else with Farm Cash.

I worked my farm daily and logged on many times to update and collect. Now, I maybe get on once a day and most of the work on my farm is done by someone else. PERHAPS this is why zynga (with all its problems and the constant spamming of the walls) is sitting with over a million players while Farm Town, a decidedly superior game is losing players and sitting with fewer than 200,000 daily players.

The above is not even covering the absolutely ridiculous prices of expanding farms to 26x or 28x.
I would have been expecting 2-2.5 billion coins for a 26 x and 3-4 billion coins for a 28x ... but 10 Billion coins makes it not only prohibitive, but punitive ... as I stated in an earlier post (different release) it takes about 25 years IRL of planting acorn squash (with the crops fertilized and the max level 6 Dan) to make the expansion pay for itself. The new 28x will take another 12.5 years plus of the same work to make it pay ... that is over 37 YEARS IN REAL LIFE ... to pay for one of the upgrades on farm 1 alone ... It would have made a lot more sense to graduate the payment for the expansions like the graduation on the original farms. Someone at Slashkey has gotten their hands on some really good dope ... you might want to pass it around to the players you have left.

whosyou?
Feb 15 2012, 10:59 AM
I used to love this game and played it to the exclusion of any other games. However, it has become TOO expensive to bother trying to keep up ...

We used to have alternative ways to earn Farm Cash, now we have to purchase Facebook credits and use them to purchase Farm Cash. For those of us who have been hit hard by the economy the continual introduction of new factories, restaurants and service buildings is just getting ludicrous. This is in comparison to other games with increasing levels.

For those of us who have reached and exceeded (by millions of XP) the level we are at we are stuck getting 25 lousy Farm Cash every 2 months or so. This enables us to purchase about 2 new facilities every four months. This was extremely distressing when the "Task" I opened last night required production from the new Japanese Restaurant which I purchased with the precious FC that I had stored up. The ones I now am missing will take $40.00 REAL DOLLARS to purchase, so they WON'T be included and future tasks will have to be ignored.

Other gaming companies reward those who have played and achieved high XP by giving them levels. I can pick up 2 to 3 additional Rewards Points PER DAY by playing the hated rival zynga's games with much less effort. I can get about 1/4 Farm Cash per day which I only see after I have waited for them to give me 25 lousy points in another 6 weeks. That will mean I will have to wait for approximately 14 weeks before I can purchase anything else with Farm Cash.

I worked my farm daily and logged on many times to update and collect. Now, I maybe get on once a day and most of the work on my farm is done by someone else. PERHAPS this is why zynga (with all its problems and the constant spamming of the walls) is sitting with over a million players while Farm Town, a decidedly superior game is losing players and sitting with fewer than 200,000 daily players.

First off..this game cost $0.00 to play and advance in.Just because they release a new factory or tool does not mean you have to buy it.Second,you do understand this is a business,they are here to make money,not just provide people with a sim farm.Third,comparing numbers from 1 game to the next is silly.The entire concept between the other farm game and this one is miles apart.If slashkey decided to just spam out pretty pixels twice a week and spamfest our walls with the **** Z does,I would bet this game would gain a few million players.I would like to think the difference is this game is not a pacifier that offers shiny new pixels to appease the "ooh ooh got ta have it" crowd.This game actually makes players use more than 2 brain cells.

meacara
Feb 15 2012, 11:10 AM
They've been getting better with helping those without those facilities, but it isn't enough. I should be able to get honey, beeswax, cod, shrimp, scallops, etc. without having those facilities/big seacoasts myself to use in my quests.

People mind it when they can't keep up with the latest when they've been playing faithfully and loyally for a long time, especially when they have enough xp to be level 5x what they're at. However, they mind it a LOT more when the price of things become ludicrous (expansions) or when not having those facilities become a liability beyond the obvious (i.e. it shouldn't sabotage their quests).

Sorry that you can't see this, which should be obvious. Yes the developers have to make money. But there's a happy medium where things aren't too expensive and they still make the developers money, because when things are reasonable more people will come back and spend.

jennieh11
Feb 15 2012, 11:19 AM
First off..this game cost $0.00 to play and advance in.Just because they release a new factory or tool does not mean you have to buy it.Second,you do understand this is a business,they are here to make money,not just provide people with a sim farm.Third,comparing numbers from 1 game to the next is silly.The entire concept between the other farm game and this one is miles apart.If slashkey decided to just spam out pretty pixels twice a week and spamfest our walls with the **** Z does,I would bet this game would gain a few million players.I would like to think the difference is this game is not a pacifier that offers shiny new pixels to appease the "ooh ooh got ta have it" crowd.This game actually makes players use more than 2 brain cells.

I agree that this game is far superior, I even mentioned that in my post. What I am saying is that the economy has made it so people like you can play with abandon, while those of us who are having a hard time economically are stuck. I know that you don't have to have everything that comes out, but they are putting out tasks that require you to have the new facilities, or HOPE you can find someone who will sell, trade or let you work for the product. This puts us already in the mode some were afraid of ... begging other players for help.

I do realize that this is a free game to play and that Slashkey has got to make sufficient income to pay their staff and make a profit for the company. I never put any real money into any of the other games, but I have paid REAL CASH to play this game because I believe in what they have done. I am just saying that it is getting ridiculous. Newer players get farm cash as fast as they want as long as they are willing to put out the effort. Where is the incentive for the players who have been around since there was one farm, no tools and very few crops? I remember days off spent planting raspberries, harvesting, plowing, selling them and replanting raspberries to get enough coins to pay for a farm size upgrade. I also remember the days when you could shop for insurance or get a trial to Netflix to get FarmCash. Now that those options are off the table you would think that some other options would be made available to earn farm cash. ... and I still hold that 10,000,000,000 for a 26x26 upgrade to a farm is ludicrous.

wormsgirl
Feb 15 2012, 12:10 PM
Thank you developers for the new updates. I would like to know how to trade in the market place. Does the trading work on things you have to order? I now have 2 quests I can't complete because I don't have the semi.

whosyou?
Feb 15 2012, 12:45 PM
I agree that this game is far superior, I even mentioned that in my post. What I am saying is that the economy has made it so people like you can play with abandon, while those of us who are having a hard time economically are stuck. I know that you don't have to have everything that comes out, but they are putting out tasks that require you to have the new facilities, or HOPE you can find someone who will sell, trade or let you work for the product. This puts us already in the mode some were afraid of ... begging other players for help.

I do realize that this is a free game to play and that Slashkey has got to make sufficient income to pay their staff and make a profit for the company. I never put any real money into any of the other games, but I have paid REAL CASH to play this game because I believe in what they have done. I am just saying that it is getting ridiculous. Newer players get farm cash as fast as they want as long as they are willing to put out the effort. Where is the incentive for the players who have been around since there was one farm, no tools and very few crops? I remember days off spent planting raspberries, harvesting, plowing, selling them and replanting raspberries to get enough coins to pay for a farm size upgrade. I also remember the days when you could shop for insurance or get a trial to Netflix to get FarmCash. Now that those options are off the table you would think that some other options would be made available to earn farm cash. ... and I still hold that 10,000,000,000 for a 26x26 upgrade to a farm is ludicrous.

I apologize for the misunderstanding..but I do not own all tools or factories.I may have sounded like I did,but I too can not buy everything I would like.I just look at it as a luxury,one that is out of reach currently,but I also do not think the game owes me anything other than what fun I make from it.That is one of the better things about this game,is that anyone can play as little or as much as we want,and play in so many ways.I do understand the incentive part for older players,and I would like to see some new challenges,even ones that make gaining 1 or 2 FC every once in a while possible.As for the getting FC through offers..I have to chalk that debacle up to FB and trialpay.I know they have a few free offers,but trialpay is one of the worst payout sites ever.(they are used by several games outside of FB and sux bad there too.)

theoxman
Feb 15 2012, 01:46 PM
I apologize for the misunderstanding..but I do not own all tools or factories.I may have sounded like I did,but I too can not buy everything I would like.I just look at it as a luxury,one that is out of reach currently,but I also do not think the game owes me anything other than what fun I make from it.That is one of the better things about this game,is that anyone can play as little or as much as we want,and play in so many ways.I do understand the incentive part for older players,and I would like to see some new challenges,even ones that make gaining 1 or 2 FC every once in a while possible.As for the getting FC through offers..I have to chalk that debacle up to FB and trialpay.I know they have a few free offers,but trialpay is one of the worst payout sites ever.(they are used by several games outside of FB and sux bad there too.)

I don't have all of the factories or service facilities either. I've been able to achieve dev. factors above 50,000 because I plow, pardon the pun, my earnings back into facs and coin service facs. It also helps to replinish your facs as others are working them...get more worked that way.

Good luck advancing!!

Molly Mew
Feb 15 2012, 03:43 PM
Hi everyone :)

Just a reminder that any posts considered abusive to other forum members will be deleted without notice, and warnings sent to anyone in breach of this or any other of the forum guidelines.

We do appreciate all feedback, whether positive or negative, but please keep it friendly and respectful.

Please also bear in mind that this thread relates specifically to the new release: and is where the developers want to see feedback and/or problems related to this update of the game. If the thread veers too far off topic we may have to start deleting posts that are not directly relevant.

Thanks. :)

twyda
Feb 15 2012, 04:03 PM

what exactly does this mean? for example, my current quest was to make a bottle of perfume (many steps in that quest :) )....does it mean that if I did not have the perfume factory, but did all the other steps and then went to a friends farm and did work in the perfume factory (getting that item) that it would not count? I only ask so I will understand, not to complain. But if that is what it means, then if you don't have certain facilities you will still not be able to complete all quests. Is this right or not?

And I too love the game and look forward to updates....not upset at all about the plantain trees, you can alway store some of your banana trees and plant these ones in their spot since they are the exact same shape and size without having to completely redo your farm. JMO And yes, I do think the prices for the final upgrades are a bit excessive, so I don't agree with everything...but overall, I do think it is a fun game and really enjoy playing.

Taz D
Feb 15 2012, 04:14 PM

what exactly does this mean? for example, my current quest was to make a bottle of perfume (many steps in that quest :) )....does it mean that if I did not have the perfume factory, but did all the other steps and then went to a friends farm and did work in the perfume factory (getting that item) that it would not count? I only ask so I will understand, not to complain. But if that is what it means, then if you don't have certain facilities you will still not be able to complete all quests. Is this right or not?

And I too love the game and look forward to updates....not upset at all about the plantain trees, you can alway store some of your banana trees and plant these ones in their spot since they are the exact same shape and size without having to completely redo your farm. JMO And yes, I do think the prices for the final upgrades are a bit excessive, so I don't agree with everything...but overall, I do think it is a fun game and really enjoy playing.
That is what I read that for the final step it has tyo be done in your own facility.

SunnyD
Feb 15 2012, 05:47 PM
i got a feeling that the new facilities just arrived............FT is taking forever to load...........anyone got DSL?? or cable that can refresh their game and see???

Tiger
Feb 15 2012, 05:52 PM
i got a feeling that the new facilities just arrived............FT is taking forever to load...........anyone got DSL?? or cable that can refresh their game and see???

:D:D:D all unlocked

sherry51470
Feb 15 2012, 06:27 PM
Hi everyone :)

Just a reminder that any posts considered abusive to other forum members will be deleted without notice, and warnings sent to anyone in breach of this or any other of the forum guidelines.

We do appreciate all feedback, whether positive or negative, but please keep it friendly and respectful.

Please also bear in mind that this thread relates specifically to the new release: and is where the developers want to see feedback and/or problems related to this update of the game. If the thread veers too far off topic we may have to start deleting posts that are not directly relevant.

Thanks. :)

ok im new to this forum and just came back to farmtown...im completely lost. i dont know how the facilities work and i have rabbits in a rabbit house that it wont let me harvest lol HELP

sherry51470
Feb 15 2012, 06:28 PM
ok im new to this forum and just came back to farmtown...im completely lost. i dont know how the facilities work and i have rabbits in a rabbit house that it wont let me harvest lol HELP

great im sorry this is off topic...where do i go to ask questions

Taz D
Feb 15 2012, 06:35 PM
The fallowing link to the Game Guide should be of help:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314890
If you need to ask further questions I suggest you post them in the Help & Support section.

For your Rabbits you need the white rabbits from the store. You probably have the grey rabbits from gifts.

Shellgirlmtl
Feb 15 2012, 06:39 PM
Great update as usual... thank you Raul and the rest of the Devs... Just bought the 2 new facilities released today and noticed when checking to see what ingredients are required the screen freezes and the background of the window is transparent... the first item checked works fine, but when you go to the 2nd item that's when the background is transparent rather than white and you can't do anything else... have to refresh the game to continue... This started right after you released the 2 new facilities...

Thanks again for all you do...

JW2009
Feb 15 2012, 06:47 PM
Hi, with the Semi-Truck items, when you get a gift, lets say you need carbonated water, then exchange the gift for a carbonated water, accept it, then load in your farm, go to the quest, and select the lifelone, it will alow yo u to use the gift for your quest - Thank you and Happy Farming :)

kahra01
Feb 15 2012, 06:48 PM
woo hoo new facs released.. Thanks for all you do Devs and Mods... U all rock! :)

craftywoman29
Feb 15 2012, 07:10 PM
All great except! I had 28,000+ bananas stored up to start making banana (plantain) chips. NOW they are useless unless I buy one of the facilities that uses bananas (which are all Farm Cash, thank you very much) and now I have to start OVER with plantains? I think this particular change SUCKS. You could have kept the bananas making the plantain chips and made something ELSE with the plantain trees. Boo hiss on this change. : (

gumballs678
Feb 15 2012, 07:44 PM
All great except! I had 28,000+ bananas stored up to start making banana (plantain) chips. NOW they are useless unless I buy one of the facilities that uses bananas (which are all Farm Cash, thank you very much) and now I have to start OVER with plantains? I think this particular change SUCKS. You could have kept the bananas making the plantain chips and made something ELSE with the plantain trees. Boo hiss on this change. : (

Not every banana facility is farm cash. Most are coins. And saving up that many bananas for one facility is not very smart. It would be smart to buy another one to use your bananas.

pixierobinson24
Feb 15 2012, 07:51 PM
What the heck is this quests thing? I am totally confused...
The quests in Zynga are why people are leaving their games....
Can Farm Town still be played without quests?
I need more instuctions then what I found on QUESTS typed into search... there is no answer there, this is not what I started playing for... and I need full instuctions, and I still may not understand

pixierobinson24
Feb 15 2012, 07:55 PM
Where do you find anywhere, that tells the player how many of any materials, it takes to run facilities... This is something else I can not find the answer to... where is this information in FORUM??? What do I type into search to find out, without pages and pages of information, I do not need to wade through???

Grumpa
Feb 15 2012, 08:06 PM
Where do you find anywhere, that tells the player how many of any materials, it takes to run facilities... This is something else I can not find the answer to... where is this information in FORUM??? What do I type into search to find out, without pages and pages of information, I do not need to wade through???

have you tried the game guide in the forum?

maryloushoe
Feb 15 2012, 08:10 PM
POSTS/REQUESTS NOT SHOWING:
I posted two requests to work facilities and refer clients and they are not showing up
I checked and all of the posts and requests from my neighbors aren't showing now
either
Sorry if I posted on the wrong thread
Thanks!

al_bundy
Feb 15 2012, 08:39 PM
I need more instuctions then what I found on QUESTS typed into search... there is no answer there, this is not what I started playing for... and I need full instuctions, and I still may not understand

The quests are totally optional there nothing like zangas quests no begging required

you can still play ft without utilizing the quests

there just another way to obtain more coins and possibly down the track fc aswell.

Taz D
Feb 15 2012, 08:57 PM
The Vegitarian and Gourmet restaurants are coin and use bananas.

Taz D
Feb 15 2012, 09:18 PM
POSTS/REQUESTS NOT SHOWING:
I posted two requests to work facilities and refer clients and they are not showing up
I checked and all of the posts and requests from my neighbors aren't showing now
either
Sorry if I posted on the wrong thread
Thanks!
For you own posts look on your profile page. In the upper right corner of your posts see who it is posted to. If they are not going to either your friends or to a Farm Town group you have created then you will need to reset that setting. To do that hover your mouse pointer over Farm Town on your Home page in the left column until you see a pen symbol. Click on that and choose Edit Settings. The next to last item in the next page (App Activiy Privacy) needs to be set to either friends or to a Farm Town list.
For the posts on your Newsfeed not showing hover the mouse over Newsfeed and again click on the pen symbol and choose Edit Settings. In the next page look for Farm Town in the list. If it is there click on the X next to it to remove it from the blocked list.

Taz D
Feb 15 2012, 09:44 PM
If you read the top post of this thread and the top post for the previous Announcement then you will know a s much as the rest of us about the quests.
If you don't want to do the quests then don't as they are not needed to play.

Your best bet for finding out what materials and how many are needed for facilities are spreadsheest found in the link below and in the Game Guide Chapter 28.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311718 (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311718)

JAS0643
Feb 15 2012, 09:54 PM
OK I have a small complaint about the update. Why is rice and mushrooms in the Chinese buffet? Why not have fried rice in the buffet and what is with mushrooms and watermelon beings in that facility? The watermelon is not that big a deal but we need mushrooms for other things I would like to see something else there instead. Raw rice is not seen at a buffet it is either steamed or fried and we do make fried rice so to me that is a better choice.

meacara
Feb 15 2012, 10:18 PM
I am really annoyed now. I tried to use the social lifeline so I could get beeswax somehow for my chandelier quest. Despite getting 3 or 4 favors from people who gave me punching bag ingredients (punching bags for some unknown reason use beeswax) and storing the ingredients properly I still have no beeswax to use. It is telling me to trade ingredients for the quest when ZERO of the ingredients for a chandelier (some sort of granules for glass, metal ore, and beeswax) can be obtained through trade. What is the point in it saying I can trade for things the game will not let me trade for?

What is the purpose in the trade part to begin with if the starter ingredients cannot be obtained via favors? Even if it is the way others are interpreting it (last facility), that still doesn't help either. Most of the FC facilities that people don't have and need for the quests are the last ones.

PLEASE make the bee farm, fish farming plant, etc. workable or the ingredients made in them trade-able. Please prevent this social function from choosing a worthless option for the quest (none of the ingredients for mine are trade-able yet that's the option it picked for me). Or at least include bonuses that we collect for others (X person reached the beeswax brown belt... that you collect) as being a way to collect needed items for a quest. Like if I need to load a tea kettle in a facility. I have the bed and breakfast and explorer shop that uses them, but do not have the cookware facility or whatever that makes the tea kettles. If I've made the metal sheets, plastic thing, red dye, etc. then I should be able to get a tea kettle bonus for someone else and have one of the 125 or more that I collect from that be usable in my quest. Thank you.

Farmer_Susan
Feb 15 2012, 10:20 PM
I completed a really long quest tonight and can't claim my prize. The "Redeem Prize" thing is there and not grayed out but it doesn't seem to be a link - the icon doesn't change and if I click nothing happens. Hope I can claim this one!

Taz D
Feb 15 2012, 10:27 PM
I completed a really long quest tonight and can't claim my prize. The "Redeem Prize" thing is there and not grayed out but it doesn't seem to be a link - the icon doesn't change and if I click nothing happens. Hope I can claim this one!
Clear your cache, close the browser and reopen then try again. You may have to move your mouse pointer slowly over the button until it changes to the hand and then click.

Farmer_Susan
Feb 15 2012, 10:37 PM

I got this to work - just a little hard to find the sweet spot on the link. I've been having that trouble with the tools window, too. Sometimes hard to find the spot to trigger a link to a tool.

Farmer Homer
Feb 15 2012, 11:30 PM
I got this to work - just a little hard to find the sweet spot on the link. I've been having that trouble with the tools window, too. Sometimes hard to find the spot to trigger a link to a tool.Yes, I find it very difficult to find the spot to click on the walk icon on the tool bar. Once I have a tool, I can't seem to get rid of it.

I love the new flowers (sorry, that was a few upgrades ago) but they seem to be harder to harvest. The sweet spot is either smaller or in a different spot than the older flowers.

maggiel29
Feb 16 2012, 12:03 AM
I got this to work - just a little hard to find the sweet spot on the link. I've been having that trouble with the tools window, too. Sometimes hard to find the spot to trigger a link to a tool.

Yes Ive been having similar problems - soemtimes my green man and the shrink to normal screen wont work in full screen mode. I use the ESC key and then everything works. It seems to be after Ive just loaded facilities and the bonuses are working their way through.

maggiel29
Feb 16 2012, 12:04 AM
OK I have a small complaint about the update. Why is rice and mushrooms in the Chinese buffet? Why not have fried rice in the buffet and what is with mushrooms and watermelon beings in that facility? The watermelon is not that big a deal but we need mushrooms for other things I would like to see something else there instead. Raw rice is not seen at a buffet it is either steamed or fried and we do make fried rice so to me that is a better choice.

Yes I wondered about that too? Uncooked rice??

maggiel29
Feb 16 2012, 12:11 AM
I ahve noticed that since the last update something has gone wrong with the scrolling menu for planting when using the seeders or the combines. The window turns a peach colour and the seed icon vanishes so I cant click on it to see how much I have. Moving the mouse around a bit eventually makes it work again.

pickoy
Feb 16 2012, 01:35 AM
Yes I wondered about that too? Uncooked rice??

yeah, but the simplest solution i could make of for now is not to load it so my stock will remain untouched... I noticed it at first with the freshwater bait and seawater bait... when i load them to facility (fishing tackle shop) the ones i have in my river and shores were taken...

peekachoo
Feb 16 2012, 02:22 AM
I love the new flowers (sorry, that was a few upgrades ago) but they seem to be harder to harvest. The sweet spot is either smaller or in a different spot than the older flowers.

Oh I'm glad to see it's not only me who's having trouble finding the right place near the flowers ( the new ones) to harvest them...I was beginning to think that it might be my mouse that was playing up.

neetys
Feb 16 2012, 03:35 AM
Oh I'm glad to see it's not only me who's having trouble finding the right place near the flowers ( the new ones) to harvest them...I was beginning to think that it might be my mouse that was playing up.

Me too - I've given up harvesting the newest ones - even one by one is near impossible.

twtywill
Feb 16 2012, 05:06 AM
I have a question, how do I use the GIFT social life line? I have what I need in storage, put it in storage, but it didn't register in my quest?

Help me please.

Don't feed the beggers
Feb 16 2012, 05:11 AM

I noticed this as well, it works better for me if my harvester goes on an angle, more of a diagnol..I thought I was the only one who noticed this, glad to know I'm not!

Kathy Cummins
Feb 16 2012, 09:54 AM
If I need to use a lifeline for a quest, do I need to wait until I get to the step I need it for or can i request before that step then use it when I need it?

Dutch85
Feb 16 2012, 11:07 AM
If you read the top post of this thread and the top post for the previous Announcement then you will know a s much as the rest of us about the quests.
If you don't want to do the quests then don't as they are not needed to play.

Your best bet for finding out what materials and how many are needed for facilities are spreadsheest found in the link below and in the Game Guide Chapter 28.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311718 (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311718)

Wow! I didn't know there were spreadsheets in the forum! Thank you SO much TAZ!!:D

maclean47
Feb 16 2012, 01:33 PM
The update are nice but, I don't think its right to drop one thing from the Snack Factory and add one! (should have both)

Deborah1979
Feb 16 2012, 01:39 PM
Guess I was a little surprised to find that we can now use Guava in the Latin American Restaurant! Just didn't see it mentioned in the update (may have overlooked it) and I don't think anyone has mentioned (whined or cheered) about this.
Love having new products to use.
And glad to see the correct tree is now being used for the PLANTAIN chips we have been producing.

Thanks for the latest update!! :)
Deborah

Deborah1979
Feb 16 2012, 02:54 PM
OK....RAUL & DEVS..... All of our SERVICE FACILITIES use end products... When I was reading the new release and saw that we now had a China Buffet Service Facility, and read Rice and Mushrooms, I just figured you were in a hurry, and it was late and you just didn't type out the whole name of the product!
But I just purchased the China Buffet (and had already seen previous posts concerning this), so I had to add my comments.
I truly hope you are not offended and can take some constructive criticism... so here goes.

Rice... really....hmmm...REALLY!?!? :eek: Since I frequent a Chinese Buffet at least once a week, let me tell you, the next time they try to serve me raw rice will be the last time I eat there!!
Mushrooms...really...hmmm...REALLY!?!? :eek: Ditto above statement.
Watermelon...well, that IS an end product, once it is harvested and my local buffet always has several fresh fruits, including watermelon. OK, I'll give you that one!

Please rethink this one, and either delete/keep the RAW Rice and RAW Mushrooms (which are NOT end products) and ADD/SUBSTITUTE the Fried Rice we have in the Chinese Restaurant and the Grilled Mushrooms from the Vegetarian Restaurant.

If you see my previous post, I really didn't mind you changing the bananas to plantain chips, although I CAN understand some peoples' objections.

Please reconsider this quickly and don't wait several months to change it. Please??

Thanks for reading.
Deborah

meacara
Feb 16 2012, 04:39 PM
FYI, for those inquiring about the raw rice and mushrooms thing. I believe it's because the chinese buffet is a coin facility. To have it stocked with majority (and I mean vast majority) FC items doesn't make a lot of sense. Also, as an aside, every chinese buffet I've ever seen has had two kinds of rice - white and fried.

twosmiths
Feb 16 2012, 04:44 PM
I, too, am confused by the new quests. For the most part I haven't had too many problems, but the big sticky for me are these new lifelines, which are chosen FOR us and may not necessarily be helpful towards quest completion.

For example: My friend needed a chicken to complete a quest, but she doesn't have the semi. Chicken is a gift item, so she opted to use the lifeline, to be able to receive the chicken as a gift, but she got the scythe as her lifeline instead. She had already harvested all the crops she needed for her chicken burger, so this quest is now over for her, as chickens can't be harvested and her lifeline option has been used. What kind of a lifeline is that?

I am wondering about the "trade" option. I completed all the steps I needed to make a saddle, but don't own the FC factory that actually makes them. I opted to use the lifeline to see if I could trade for one. The lifeline I got was the gift option. Saddles cannot be gifted, so I'm stuck. I then worked a friend's factories, hoping that I could use a saddle from that, but it didn't work. Can I go to market and try to trade something for a saddle, with the gift lifeline, or do I need the trade lifeline for that? If I do, why didn't I have the opportunity to choose the lifeline I need?

Please post clear instructions for these lifeline options so that players will know how and when to use them. It appears they are as random as the quests, and so, for many, won't be lifelines at all. What is the point?

:(

Deborah1979
Feb 16 2012, 05:06 PM
FYI, for those inquiring about the raw rice and mushrooms thing. I believe it's because the chinese buffet is a coin facility. To have it stocked with majority (and I mean vast majority) FC items doesn't make a lot of sense. Also, as an aside, every chinese buffet I've ever seen has had two kinds of rice - white and fried.

:) Well, yes, I WILL agree with you that every buffet I have seen has STEAMED and FRIED rice.... I have NEVER seen one that had raw rice. So, if we are to assume that this is STEAMED rice.... where did it come from?? I don't think there is a restaurant or facility that produces steamed rice!! Just MHO. And, like I stated before, ALL of the service facilities to this point, have used END PRODUCTS. :D

samsmum
Feb 16 2012, 06:36 PM
I, too, am confused by the new quests. For the most part I haven't had too many problems, but the big sticky for me are these new lifelines, which are chosen FOR us and may not necessarily be helpful towards quest completion.

For example: My friend needed a chicken to complete a quest, but she doesn't have the semi. Chicken is a gift item, so she opted to use the lifeline, to be able to receive the chicken as a gift, but she got the scythe as her lifeline instead. She had already harvested all the crops she needed for her chicken burger, so this quest is now over for her, as chickens can't be harvested and her lifeline option has been used. What kind of a lifeline is that?

I am wondering about the "trade" option. I completed all the steps I needed to make a saddle, but don't own the FC factory that actually makes them. I opted to use the lifeline to see if I could trade for one. The lifeline I got was the gift option. Saddles cannot be gifted, so I'm stuck. I then worked a friend's factories, hoping that I could use a saddle from that, but it didn't work. Can I go to market and try to trade something for a saddle, with the gift lifeline, or do I need the trade lifeline for that? If I do, why didn't I have the opportunity to choose the lifeline I need?

Please post clear instructions for these lifeline options so that players will know how and when to use them. It appears they are as random as the quests, and so, for many, won't be lifelines at all. What is the point?

:(

With the lifelines, regardless of which one you receive you cannot use it to get the final product that the quest is asking you to make. So if your quest is to produce a saddle then if you do not have the facility you will still not be able to finish it.

Because the lifeline is random there is no guarantee that you will be able to use it for what you need.
Trade lifeline: allows you to use products that your have brought off another farmer...you can only buy raw ingredients so you will not be able to use this to help if what u need help getting is something form a facility

Employee lifeline: you can get what you need by working someones farms i.e: by being hired to harvest/fish etc or by working someones facilities

Gift Lifeline: you can obtain what you need by posting an ingredients request for something that uses what you need and having a friend work it or if its an item on the gift page have someone gift form there
eg: my friend just needed scented candles to make candle lanterns and got the gift lifeline..I got her to post an ingredients request for candle lanterns and then i worked it for her and she got everything she needed for her quest

hope this helps

meacara
Feb 16 2012, 06:36 PM
To the developers - thank you for thinking of the poor people when you did this release. Although there are kinks to be worked out (my complaint and the lady above Deborah's complaint about the social lifeline not working well), thank you for at least trying to come up with a way for us without the FC facilities to complete the quests.

Also, in order to satisfy Deborah, and those of us who cannot afford a chinese restaurant, I think it would make sense for the vegetarian restaurant (coin facility) to make vegetable fried rice and white rice. Then instead of using the chinese restaurant fried rice, the chinese buffet could use the vegetable fried rice and white rice so as to not make it harder for the poor people to stock it. It could also use the mushrooms produced in the vegetarian restaurant instead of the raw mushrooms.

Sorry for the snarkiness above. However, the poorer people have a hard enough time as it is (I would love to be able to spend money on this game, but I hardly have enough for my necessities). I therefore despise it when someone is told of something that would make it harder for us and not care, or even try to come up with something that would satisfy both parties involved.

meacara
Feb 16 2012, 06:40 PM
Here is another gripe. I can understand you switching the snack facility plantain chips to needing plantains. It only makes sense. However, I find it ludicrous that you would do that before we even have any as it takes 3 days to harvest them. This should have been delayed by at least another two days in order to allow people to buy the trees and have any in stock to use towards the chips.

Nancy123456
Feb 16 2012, 07:13 PM
I have been playing forever...or since April of '09. I am maxed out on levels and yes, I have bought farm cash. I have bought the tools, factories, and farm cash items for sale in the store that I wanted. I DO have to watch my money as everyone does, but this is my fun.

I was so excited to see the Latin resturant. I researched the dishes by looking up recipes. I planted what I thought they would use according to the new seeds that were released on the previous update.

Coriander (Cilantro) which is in almost every dish.
Chick Peas
saffron

I bought guava trees and waited on the plantains. (Yes, I am too upset about the bananas as I really filled up farm 13 with them so I would finally have enough). I hoped for red snapper in the sea coast and thought maybe we would get a new lime tree. I was very disappointed to see that we aren't using any of those seeds.

I will not buy (for now) anymore factories that use the metals. I am not going to waste my raw rice, watermelon, mushrooms, and maybe I will use the green tea. I will not use my fuel as I have lost to much fuel in updates.

Mine biggest gripe is WHY is every update geared around the metals? Why can't the factories be designed to use all the interesting seeds and trees you offer? That would make the game more challenging to figure out how to plant to have enough with the space we have to use.

I love the quests. The harder they are the better I like them. I like having a goal. I love Farm Town and I will not give up on it. Thanks for all you do for us.

Just a small rant. :)

twosmiths
Feb 16 2012, 08:38 PM
Thanks for clearing up the lifelines rules. Just so you know, making the saddle was not the final step in that particular quest, so I was hoping my lifeline would be useful some way.

I guess I still have an issue with them, being that once you've activated a lifeline in a quest, you are unable to activate a lifeline in any other quest you have running. That is clearly stated in the quests themselves. The quest I used as an example above, making the saddle, which was not the end point of that quest, expires in 5.4 days, so I will not be able to use a lifeline in another quest until this one expires.

mcdaddie
Feb 16 2012, 08:40 PM
OK....RAUL & DEVS..... All of our SERVICE FACILITIES use end products... When I was reading the new release and saw that we now had a China Buffet Service Facility, and read Rice and Mushrooms, I just figured you were in a hurry, and it was late and you just didn't type out the whole name of the product!
But I just purchased the China Buffet (and had already seen previous posts concerning this), so I had to add my comments.
I truly hope you are not offended and can take some constructive criticism... so here goes.

Rice... really....hmmm...REALLY!?!? :eek: Since I frequent a Chinese Buffet at least once a week, let me tell you, the next time they try to serve me raw rice will be the last time I eat there!!
Watermelon...well, that IS an end product, once it is harvested and my local buffet always has several fresh fruits, including watermelon. OK, I'll give you that one!

Please rethink this one, and either delete/keep the RAW Rice and RAW Mushrooms (which are NOT end products) and ADD/SUBSTITUTE the Fried Rice we have in the Chinese Restaurant and the Grilled Mushrooms from the Vegetarian Restaurant.

If you see my previous post, I really didn't mind you changing the bananas to plantain chips, although I CAN understand some peoples' objections.

Please reconsider this quickly and don't wait several months to change it. Please??

Thanks for reading.
Deborah

I agree with Deborah in the fact that you don't see raw materials at a buffet. A buffet would be a business that produces dishes made from these raw materials. But instead of removing the raw materials of: rice, mushrooms, noodles, fortune cookies, tea bags, and watermelon, you could salvage this huge mistake by simply renaming the facility to an Asian Market rather than a buffet. Markets even have fresh produce and meats that could add chickpeas and you could even have some finished products in the meat/produce section for the sushi rolls. We already have a Chinese restaurant, so we would not have a need for a Chinese Buffet, in fact the Chinese restaurant could even be a buffet style establishment.

evelena
Feb 16 2012, 08:44 PM
i would like to have a middle eastern restruant, serving HUMMUS, made from chick peas, garlic , sesame seeds and olive oil
TABOLIE made from tomatoes, parsley, lemon, olive oil and whole wheat
PITA bread made from flour, oil eggs and sugar STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES
made from green grape leaves, lamb meat and rice and KIBBI made from lamb meat, olive oil and garlic

mcdaddie
Feb 16 2012, 09:01 PM
I finally got a quest that I cannot complete. Do we actually have a system here that allows us to open a quest that will have to sit there until it times out to get it removed from our quest list. I just got a quest requiring me to sell clogs in a mini mall. I do make the clogs in my shoe factory so all it good up to the last step. I chose a while back not to buy the mini mall because it was 50% perfumes that I also do not care to make. Now to my questions: why do we not have some means to delete/remove these un-doable quests. Also, why would we not program an application that while issuing random quests, not first check the account for all needed facilities to do the job with.

And by the way, my concerns with not having the facilities are not based on the fact that I don't have the money. I have plenty of money and I spend it generously on the things in FarmTown I want. I simply made a choice not to get the mini mall.

Ellen Betty Nelson
Feb 16 2012, 09:32 PM

On my hubby's farm, he has to order chicken and ham, but with no truck and no chance of getting one soon [no $], how can he order it, I checked on the 'lifeline' but it said to go to the marketplace to buy it from someone there, but there is no way to buy something you order from the truck on it there!
What can be done?

Ellen Betty Nelson
Feb 16 2012, 09:40 PM
Hi, with the Semi-Truck items, when you get a gift, lets say you need carbonated water, then exchange the gift for a carbonated water, accept it, then load in your farm, go to the quest, and select the lifelone, it will alow yo u to use the gift for your quest - Thank you and Happy Farming :)

That didn't work either

Taz D
Feb 16 2012, 09:55 PM
On my hubby's farm, he has to order chicken and ham, but with no truck and no chance of getting one soon [no $], how can he order it, I checked on the 'lifeline' but it said to go to the marketplace to buy it from someone there, but there is no way to buy something you order from the truck on it there!
What can be done?
Unfortunately nothing can be done in that case. A trade lifeline can only be used for buying in the market and you can't buy those items. Only thing he can do is let it expire.

Kath-H
Feb 17 2012, 01:55 AM
You need to rethink the use of raw crops like rice and mushrooms in the new facility - sorry, but that's just lazy!

maggiel29
Feb 17 2012, 03:58 AM
Mine biggest gripe is WHY is every update geared around the metals? Why can't the factories be designed to use all the interesting seeds and trees you offer? That would make the game more challenging to figure out how to plant to have enough with the space we have to use.

I love the quests. The harder they are the better I like them. I like having a goal. I love Farm Town and I will not give up on it. Thanks for all you do for us.

Just a small rant. :)

Am I missing something? Why are folks complaining about more facs using metals?

The new trophy factory uses gold,silver. ebony, diamonds, glass, maple, clay, plastic granules and black pigment

maggiel29
Feb 17 2012, 04:02 AM

Thanks for reading.
Deborah

Agree - dont fully understand the logic behind this new service which seems to be a mix of both either.

Also presume the Fortune coookies and green tea bags arent cooked?? Should def be a chinese supermarket. However - going down this route it would make a change to see more shops selling raw produce - a greengrocer selling fruit and veg for example. All the services use finished products up till now and in reality no one totally lives off ready meals etc - do they? Even if they only buy milk!

Quite like being able to sell my extra fuel tanks though - I presume gifted tanks count towards filling the gas station havent tried yet.

Grumpa
Feb 17 2012, 08:07 AM
And another update with new things to work out. Do think it would have been better to have banana chips to the snack factory and keep the plantain chips.

I do feel that it is close to time for an increase in the amount of crops, even 25% would be great since we are getting to the point that no matter what is done seams to be running out.

Wish that neighbors were able to work the mines and other non workable items. even at a reduced rate, would help all players out if they can't buy something and there neighbor has it.

With the game being a Bata, all things are possible as long as the developers are able to do them.

Wonder what will happen next? :)

twosmiths
Feb 17 2012, 12:18 PM
Wonder what will happen next? :)

I am still hoping for pecan pie! Who'd have thought we'd get a circus before pecan pie?

:)

Simera
Feb 17 2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the updates, bless you for putting the preference to hide those darn animals on peoples farms, lol. Those little critters always slows things down.

Think I didn't get it right. Where, just where, is the option to hide those annoying pop-ups about belts. And Where do I hide other neighbour's critters?? Please tell me. And thanks for the update! Lasr question, though; WILL we ever have some (loads) of NEW trees?? Thank you!

Regards
Simera

Taz D
Feb 17 2012, 04:34 PM
[quote=bayoubes;5044802]Thanks for the updates, bless you for putting the preference to hide those darn animals on peoples farms, lol. Those little critters always slows things down.[/QUO

Think I didn't get it right. Where, just where, is the option to hide those annoying pop-ups about belts. And Where do I hide other neighbour's critters?? Please tell me. And thanks for the update! Lasr question, though; WILL we ever have some (loads) of NEW trees?? Thank you!

Regards
Simera
The option for hiding the pop-ups for belts is on the pop up itself.
The option to hide the critters is in the preferences (wrench up top).

Tony D
Feb 17 2012, 05:23 PM

Regards
SimeraHi, Not sure about trees ... We will have to wait on the Developers :). You are welcome to suggest new trees in the suggestion section

max_river
Feb 17 2012, 07:18 PM
is anyone else having a issue with your highest deversion rank showing since the update

valentinesc
Feb 17 2012, 09:12 PM
YUCK, PWTEW. I hate that now only 5 belt posts show up. What do I do when I have lots of stuff coming due for levels. My fiends want to see those posts. PUT IT BACK to the way it was.

Grumpa
Feb 17 2012, 09:32 PM
YUCK, PWTEW. I hate that now only 5 belt posts show up. What do I do when I have lots of stuff coming due for levels. My fiends want to see those posts. PUT IT BACK to the way it was.

Still the same. Always was you could only post 5 .

maggiel29
Feb 18 2012, 02:11 AM
Is anyone else getting this problem since the last update?

Im getting huge problems after this update now with the OLD style menus for the store and the seeders - the white reverts to the peach and the icons for the items vanish. I cant get the mouse over telling me how much I have. It doesnt happen with the NEW menu in the Storage. This happens when I move the mouse - its like a refresh mouse over thing if that makes sense. The screen almost starts to degrade.

I am using Google Chrome.
The game doesnt play at all in my IE, I dont get this problems so much with Firefox, but the game is so slow I hate using it.

maggiel29
Feb 18 2012, 02:14 AM

You dont have to turn the pop up off - after the 5 bonuses have been posted it becomes scrolling white text not a pop up.

We could only ever post 5 bonuses for belts/dans.

maggiel29
Feb 18 2012, 02:16 AM
What can be done?

The only way I can think of is if you get a "gift" lifeline and request ingredients - havent tried that one yet so not sure if it works.

Rachel.Bluebird
Feb 18 2012, 02:18 AM
I just noticed that all of my gifted tree types are no longer listed in my Belts. Does this mean that we will not be receiving the increased harvests for these tree types? If so, I will have to plant a great deal more trees.

maggiel29
Feb 18 2012, 03:14 AM
I just noticed that all of my gifted tree types are no longer listed in my Belts. Does this mean that we will not be receiving the increased harvests for these tree types? If so, I will have to plant a great deal more trees.

Strange! I have mine. Have you tried all the normal housekeeping things - clear cache and macromedia files?

Rachel.Bluebird
Feb 18 2012, 04:26 AM
Strange! I have mine. Have you tried all the normal housekeeping things - clear cache and macromedia files?

They're back! Yay! :)

maggiel29
Feb 18 2012, 05:09 AM
They're back! Yay! :)

Thats good :D:D:D:D:D

LoreneC
Feb 18 2012, 06:50 AM
The flowers still are not freezing right. If you freeze them before they are fully grown they revert to the original planting state which is not pretty. Please look into this. I think this started a few updates back.

al_bundy
Feb 18 2012, 07:06 AM
The flowers still are not freezing right. If you freeze them before they are fully grown they revert to the original planting state which is not pretty. Please look into this. I think this started a few updates back.

Hi

This has been reported hopefully a fix will be found soon :)

Digger Margee
Feb 18 2012, 08:15 AM
GLITCH? I worked for my neighbor, and received the Spice Chili Powder, but it was not recognized by my "Quest" for make a sausage. Why not?
I cannot afford a Spice factory at 30 Farm Cash!

Jean's Farm
Feb 18 2012, 08:43 AM
What can be done?

The only way I can think of is if you get a "gift" lifeline and request ingredients - havent tried that one yet so not sure if it works.

Your hubby won't be able to do that quest.... unfortunately. :(

If you have already selected the lifeline you cannot get another for that quest (or any other quest till the quest with the lifeline is done or expired). And you can't choose which lifeline you want.

The one for gift is easy.....just go to that facility that makes the final product of your request and post for ingredients for that item. When your friends send the ingredients....you just store them from your gift box and you'll have it all when you go into the quest. You can do the last step of the quest. Nice....you don't have to plant anything!!!

LoreneC
Feb 18 2012, 09:24 AM
Hi

This has been reported hopefully a fix will be found soon :)

Thank you!!

Tiger
Feb 18 2012, 09:34 AM
Thank you!!

Hi there,

We suspect that this may be an old problem re-occurring. When your flowers reach the point you want to freeze them, wait a further 6 hours, then freeze them. It seems like the flowers need to "set" before they will take. It's proving a hard one to pin down so if you're able to try this, please do and let us know if it worked for you.

Thanks

al_bundy
Feb 18 2012, 09:37 AM
GLITCH? I worked for my neighbor, and received the Spice Chili Powder, but it was not recognized by my "Quest" for make a sausage. Why not?

hi did you click on the life saver icon on the quest before working your neighbors facility?

LoreneC
Feb 18 2012, 12:41 PM
Hi there,

We suspect that this may be an old problem re-occurring. When your flowers reach the point you want to freeze them, wait a further 6 hours, then freeze them. It seems like the flowers need to "set" before they will take. It's proving a hard one to pin down so if you're able to try this, please do and let us know if it worked for you.

Thanks

OK I will try that and report back.

Taz D
Feb 18 2012, 02:27 PM
If that is the last step then you cannot use a lifeline for that step.

CreAtiveNRgee
Feb 18 2012, 08:26 PM
Okay, so this didn't work I thought it would. So I get a quest to make Foundation which I don't have the makeup factory and don't care to. I get everything made except for the Produce foundation and Load Foundation. So I read the item above about Social Lifelines and thing cool I have neighbors that have facilities I could work and go get some so I click on the lifeline and it tells me my lifeline is for a gift. None of the ingredients for foundation are available from gifts? And as I am writing this I realize what Load Foundation means, I don't have the Service Facility to sell foundation either which I don't care to have either so I realize now I have just wasted my time on this. Oh well.

I'm having this same issue for another product. Don't have the production facility to make the product and ended up with gift as my social lifeline. Guess this quest will not be completed.

sandra.l.huffman
Feb 18 2012, 10:07 PM
Bananas are needed in SIX other items! Would not call that no longer needed!

where do you get the platen trees

Taz D
Feb 18 2012, 10:09 PM
where do you get the platen trees
Plantain trees are in the store.

kahra01
Feb 19 2012, 02:22 AM
I guess I must be in line with others' thoughts. Why is there the Social Lifeline "gifts" for things that are not gifts? ie: I get a "gift" lifeline for "harvest rice" to "load rice". I would've thought the lifelines were specific to the tasks. I also would've liked to have only had the lifelines for trading or for working neighbours farms.. to date, the gift lifeline is irrelevant to any quest Ive received. Not a biggie.. still a great update all the same! Thanks Devs :)

samsmum
Feb 19 2012, 02:34 AM
I guess I must be in line with others' thoughts. Why is there the Social Lifeline "gifts" for things that are not gifts? ie: I get a "gift" lifeline for "harvest rice" to "load rice". I would've thought the lifelines were specific to the tasks. I also would've liked to have only had the lifelines for trading or for working neighbours farms.. to date, the gift lifeline is irrelevant to any quest Ive received. Not a biggie.. still a great update all the same! Thanks Devs :)

remember that the gift lifeline also counts things received by posting an ingredients request so that allows a much wider variety of things that can be gifted than just whats on the gift page

kahra01
Feb 19 2012, 04:11 AM
remember that the gift lifeline also counts things received by posting an ingredients request so that allows a much wider variety of things that can be gifted than just whats on the gift page

Oh wow thanks samsmum, for the clarity on that.. did that and completed through the gifts.. I did read the release notice but mustve over looked that one lol... thanks again :) *edit.. lol well its not real clear in the release notes.. didnt think of going to request something, anything, that used rice and request "send ingredients" and get the non giftable things gifted that way... really appreciate you telling me! :) .. we live and learn! lol

Emychan
Feb 19 2012, 06:14 AM
I am starting to agree with you.. each update is starting to be the same as the last.. more facilities more to fill more to plant etc.

I sent an email outlining a new Farmtown2 "Extreme Challenge" for the people that want a challenge.. it described how the game should be played where conditions changes from time to time.. but got no word back. I thought it would but some real excitement back into the game.

Raul my suggestions would give you more money revenue and excite the loyal older players and bring in new players as all would again be starting on a even footing level. Not many new players because so many are so advance in levels.

Higher level players that dont want to just decorate farms and keep doing the same thing from Updates to updates.

Yes,that's a great idea.My sisters and I are getting bored also,the same thing repeat n repeat itself. I wish to have something challenge.

Simera
Feb 19 2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks to Tony D and Taz D for answering my questions. Will try to hide those Pop-Ups and critters the way you described.

Regards
Simera

sierrablaze
Feb 19 2012, 05:51 PM
Was wondering about the Art Gallery specifically Diamond Vase. As far as the "?" you should be able to produce a vase in the Art Gallery, but the Gallery does not except the supplies in stock, and there doesn't seem to be any other facility to produce the diamond vase. Glitch? Error? misunderstanding? lol

al_bundy
Feb 19 2012, 06:00 PM
Was wondering about the Art Gallery specifically Diamond Vase. As far as the "?" you should be able to produce a vase in the Art Gallery, but the Gallery does not except the supplies in stock, and there doesn't seem to be any other facility to produce the diamond vase. Glitch? Error? misunderstanding? lol

Hi

The Diamond vase is produced in the ceramic factory :)

The Art Gallery is a service facility it does not produce items it just onsells completed goods from the regular facilities at a higher price then selling direct at the market

SunnyD
Feb 19 2012, 08:08 PM
question about quests...i'm just curious.............ok there are items you MAYBE can't make all the ingredients for such as items that need bees wax ok... if you get the lifeline that says "can get ingredients using gifts" say you already had the item you needed in your gift box ok......is that "previously" gifted item usable to complete your task for the quests?????

Tony D
Feb 20 2012, 12:54 AM
QUESTS..

Hi If you wish to make a suggestion, need help or to provide feedback on the quests... We have the following threads set up in the forum :-

Need Help ... click on this link http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468066

Have a Suggestion ... click on this link http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469794

Provide Feedback ... click on this link http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468426

monk
Feb 21 2012, 04:47 PM
Been through all 23 pages... this is not here... How do you make "blended juice" for the new Gas Station?

maggiel29
Feb 21 2012, 04:52 PM
Been through all 23 pages... this is not here... How do you make "blended juice" for the new Gas Station?

Not sure what you mean by blended juice?? There is Apple/Raspberry and Cherry juice which is made in the Juice factory.If you click on the question mark icon in the top right corner of any product box in a facility in the facility manager or in the box on the quest manager it will tell you what is needed for each item and where it can be obtained.

tiggeragin
Feb 21 2012, 07:31 PM
After clicking on friend's work request, when I get to their farm I don't get the prompt to work them, just a prompt to rake :confused: Is this a known glitch? Or just a fluke? Thanks!

Docperk
Feb 21 2012, 10:35 PM
After clicking on friend's work request, when I get to their farm I don't get the prompt to work them, just a prompt to rake :confused: Is this a known glitch? Or just a fluke? Thanks!

I have seen this too, usually after trying a few times it finally lets me work them. Sometimes have to get completely out of the browser and reopen before it works. It has happened with a few different farms so not sure what causes it.

singlesnuzie
Feb 21 2012, 10:36 PM
one thing we need is a warning when it comes to a pop up if you actidentaly hit yes on the the ones that come up with the new message for the belts.
I agree!! I clicked too soon and clicked on the box. Does this mean that none of my belt bonuses are gonna show????

al_bundy
Feb 22 2012, 02:22 AM
I agree!! I clicked too soon and clicked on the box. Does this mean that none of my belt bonuses are gonna show????

If you reload the game the bonuses will come back the disable popups is only for the current session.

:)

jcassemjr
Feb 22 2012, 08:40 AM
This may be a side effect of having upgraded my farms to the largest size available, but it seems that clicking is a little harder for some activities. When I select the combine, large boat or facility manager, I have to move the mouse very slowly to find the sweet spot. On crops, I have to click above the "Buy" box to plant that crop. It's no big deal since I figured out how to work with it, just wondering if anyone one else is having this issue.

Yes, all of the maintenance things get done daily, cache, macromedia files, and the Farmtown "do=clear_memcached" link.

StoneFace
Feb 22 2012, 01:48 PM
This may be a side effect of having upgraded my farms to the largest size available, but it seems that clicking is a little harder for some activities. When I select the combine, large boat or facility manager, I have to move the mouse very slowly to find the sweet spot. On crops, I have to click above the "Buy" box to plant that crop. It's no big deal since I figured out how to work with it, just wondering if anyone one else is having this issue.

Yes, all of the maintenance things get done daily, cache, macromedia files, and the Farmtown "do=clear_memcached" link.

occasionally I get a lazy avatar too. But it might be the 9x staggered crops too..... because it is the same on farms 6-13

max_river
Feb 22 2012, 02:18 PM
just wondering when will we get the easter stuff

StoneFace
Feb 22 2012, 03:30 PM
just wondering when will we get the easter stuff

In plenty of time for the July 4th celebration

gumballs678
Feb 22 2012, 04:40 PM
Everyone Shh!! Raul's on

HelenJS22
Feb 22 2012, 05:18 PM

Yep, having similar problems, though as you say 'no biggie', but sometimes very frustrating. I'm having to find the 'sweet' spot now, and finding myself kicked out and having to reboot the farm a lot more often.

I also do all of the usual maintenance regularly, and in three years now, I have very rarely had any problems.

The biggest thing/problem/driving me nuts - I think since upgrading some of my farms to the new size - is the time it is now taking to switch between farms. It's not just switching to the newly sized farms, but all farms. I have a very powerful computer and used to be able to flick between them in no time flat, and that has changed very recently to an annoying 'go and put the kettle on between farms'.

Farmer_Susan
Feb 22 2012, 06:52 PM
Yep, having similar problems, though as you say 'no biggie', but sometimes very frustrating. I'm having to find the 'sweet' spot now, and finding myself kicked out and having to reboot the farm a lot more often.

I also do all of the usual maintenance regularly, and in three years now, I have very rarely had any problems.

The biggest thing/problem/driving me nuts - I think since upgrading some of my farms to the new size - is the time it is now taking to switch between farms. It's not just switching to the newly sized farms, but all farms. I have a very powerful computer and used to be able to flick between them in no time flat, and that has changed very recently to an annoying 'go and put the kettle on between farms'.

I haven't upgraded to the larger size and I'm having this problem, too. It's worse on my Mac - sometimes it's hard to use the tools at all and the "Redeem Prize" thing is hard to find the sweet spot on, too.

cottom
Feb 22 2012, 07:22 PM
It would be a great game if Face BOOK would stop encroaching on space.

HelenJS22
Feb 22 2012, 07:24 PM
I haven't upgraded to the larger size and I'm having this problem, too. It's worse on my Mac - sometimes it's hard to use the tools at all and the "Redeem Prize" thing is hard to find the sweet spot on, too.

Some times my 'redeem prize' has refused to be clicked, and I've had to back right out of the game and go in again to find it works then.

earlgray
Feb 23 2012, 12:18 AM
Since the addition of the Chinese buffet, mushrooms, rice and watermelon are included in the "from facilities" section of storage as well as in the "from plants" section. That's just not right. Although they're the only crops that can be directly loaded into a service facility, they aren't produced in - or storable from - any facility, and should not be included in that section.

earlgray
Feb 23 2012, 12:23 AM

I occasionally have this problem also, and none of my farms are bigger than 24x24. It comes and goes. Lately I've had increasing problems with the display not being quite right when I go to purchase seeds (store or 4x4 sow). Sometimes I can't click on the "buy" button. Maybe it's because I'm using Chrome on a Mac (but this used to work OK). Like others have said, it's not a huge deal, but slightly annoying.

kahra01
Feb 23 2012, 12:25 AM

Me too and then on top of that... when i go to post a belt to my wall, it freezes the farm Im on.. or it boots me to my default farm and then freezes me! I hope that goes soon but Im sure its just an update thing and will pass lol :)

lisakroutz
Feb 24 2012, 11:31 AM
Hi any new farms coming in next release?

Taz D
Feb 24 2012, 12:13 PM
Hi any new farms coming in next release?
Since they didn't announce that any were coming in this release then I would say probably not. However the only the developers know and they aren't telling us.

monk
Feb 25 2012, 12:23 AM
Not sure what you mean by blended juice?? There is Apple/Raspberry and Cherry juice which is made in the Juice factory.If you click on the question mark icon in the top right corner of any product box in a facility in the facility manager or in the box on the quest manager it will tell you what is needed for each item and where it can be obtained.

The game Guide here lists "Blended Juice" as a product to stock the new Gas Station service Facility. Got a Juice Factory, "Blended" ain't among the juices. The gas station is Farm Cash, a limited resource, so I tried to find out how to get it without buying the thing first. The game guide here doesn't have any info, either.

Taz D
Feb 25 2012, 01:02 AM
The game Guide here lists "Blended Juice" as a product to stock the new Gas Station service Facility. Got a Juice Factory, "Blended" ain't among the juices. The gas station is Farm Cash, a limited resource, so I tried to find out how to get it without buying the thing first. The game guide here doesn't have any info, either.
It is Apple Raspberry Cherry juice. Lower right side in the Juice Factory.

Tony D
Feb 25 2012, 03:04 AM
The game Guide here lists "Blended Juice" as a product to stock the new Gas Station service Facility. Got a Juice Factory, "Blended" ain't among the juices. The gas station is Farm Cash, a limited resource, so I tried to find out how to get it without buying the thing first. The game guide here doesn't have any info, either.Hi, we have changed it to Apple Raspberry Cherry Juice in the new release post, sorry for any confusion

marwahr55
Feb 25 2012, 05:51 AM
I've noticed for a few days now that my count for (as an example) crabs is not going down and getting closer to the next belt. It's like it counts some of the catches, but not all the catches on seafood. Anyone else notice this too? It's bad enough how much you need to catch, but this doesn't help matters (and oh yes everything has been cleared/cleaned out so don't even go that direction please).

Other then that slight problem I have noticed still love my game of FT!! And a huge applause to the devs!! :)

Doc247
Feb 25 2012, 09:01 AM
When you fill your factories manually you get a box that pops up telling you that you need more of some ingrediant to make more of that product. Can we get that same box when using the "LOAD ALL" button??? I keep running out of stuff since spending a ton of REAL money to get all the tools to load all these factories and then never getting a heads up that I have run out of something to make a product.

And we need a way to get more rolls of leather faster--way faster. For all the products the take leather to make them you can't get enough from the semi truck. Needs to be a gift item or deliver alot more more often on the truck.

Thanks for your time.

Doc247
Feb 25 2012, 09:03 AM
When you fill your factories manually you get a box that pops up telling you that you need more of some ingrediant to make more of that product. Can we get that same box when using the "LOAD ALL" button??? I keep running out of stuff since spending a ton of REAL money to get all the tools to load all these factories and then never getting a heads up that I have run out of something to make a product.

And we need a way to get more rolls of leather faster--way faster. For all the products the take leather to make them you can't get enough from the semi truck. Needs to be a gift item or deliver alot more more often on the truck.

Thanks for your time.