PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- May 5th, 2012

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
May 05 2012, 01:28 AM
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at May 15th, 5:30PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. Mother's Day items: All 6 new items are in the Store.

2. 30 x 30 Farm Expansions for farms 1 - 5: Here are the prices -> 4,000,000,000 Coins or 30 FarmCash.

3. Floor Level items support: This feature should fix the "sinking" items in the paths and roads. You should now be able to put any items over any paths (including train interceptions) and it should display correctly. Rivers/Ponds should have less issues as well. You should also be able to put items over these other "floor level items" without issues:

Helicopter Pad
Big Blue Picnic Blanket
Big Pink Picnic Blanket
Big Red Picnic Blanket
Floral Picnic Blanket
Hollow Land
Snow Patches

4. 4 new Crops and 1 new Tree:

Crops: Yerba Mate, Hibiscus, Rose Hip and Passion Fruit.
Acacia Tree: Produces Gum Arabic.

5. Pizza Rush Minigame (Coming next week): Memory enhancing minigame with Practice and Multiplayer support already enabled. As usual, you have 3 stages and you can go into Practice mode to play each of the stages and improve personal records or you have the option to play multiplayer with all your friends currently in the farm, in this case, the user who finish all the 3 stages first win.

The Goal of this minigame is to make pizzas for your customers with the right ingredients.

6. Trains: We are still working on the Freight Trains, they will be ready on the next release, in the meantime there is a new Green Passenger Locomotive and Wagon in the Motion Cagetogy in the Store.

7. Sprinkler bug while watering flowers in 28 x 28 farms is now fixed.

8. 5 new Tea Blends in the Tea Factory:

White Tea Bag
Green tea blend
Black tea blend
White tea blend
Green-White tea blend

9. Shipping Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Shipping Supplies. You can obtain Gum Arabic by harvesting the Acacia Trees.

Kraft Tubes
Letter Envelopes
Document Envelope
Farmtown Stamp Roll
Pallet
Mailbox Rentals
Adhesive Tape
Hand Stamping Machine

10. Herbal Tea Factory (FC): Produces Herbal Teas.

Mint Herbal Tea
Fruit Herbal Tea
Wild Berry Herbal Tea
Passion Herbal Tea Lemonade
Strawberry Herbal Tea Lemonade
Spice Herbal Tea
Raspberry Mate Herbal Tea
Orange Blossom Herbal Tea

11. Post Office (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with all products from the Shipping Supplies Factory.

12. Tea House (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Tea Spoon Collection: This is a new product made in the Cookware Factory
Porcelain Golden Cup: This is an old product made in the Ceramic Factory
Green tea blend
Black tea blend
White tea blend
Green-White tea blend
Mint Herbal Tea
Fruit Herbal Tea
Wild Berry Herbal Tea
Spice Herbal Tea

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - May 7th, 3:00AM EST

- Dirt Path now also preserves old behaivor allowing you to create waterfalls and other designs.
- Acacia Tree, Plantain Tree, Cedar and Bamboo Tree can now be rotated.

Post Release Updates - May 7th, 6:10PM EST

- Cedar and Bamboo show correct image when rotated.
- Passion Fruit new crop and Passion Herbal Tea Lemonade.
- Stone Path now also preserves old behaivor allowing you to create waterfalls and other designs.

Post Release Updates - May 15th, 5:30PM EST

- Passion Fruit herbal tea added to the Tea House

Known Issues

- Right now the dirt and stone path have some mixed (old/new) behaivor, they are still floor level items meaning they will not overlap (sink) other items in them, they will always appear under other items close to the floor, but they will still allow to do some of the tricks designers used to create waterfalls, etc. That's the simple solution and could be a good compromise.

But based on user feedback we may decide instead to add another "duplicate" of the dirt path and stone path, they will both look exactly the same in the store and in the farm but:

1. One set will behaive exactly the same as before, it will allow the same tricks and they will not be floor level items, so other items may sink in them

2.The other set will be floor level items, they will always be under other items close to the floor, will not sink other items, and also, they will allow to put other stuff on top of them.

The downside of this alternative is that it can be quite confusing, having both sets of items in the farm that looks the same and behaives differently. We will listen to feedback and to the moderators feedback and make a decision based on that.

amberdh
May 05 2012, 01:29 AM
Awesome. Thanks Raul and Devs :)

chrisluvsanimals
May 05 2012, 01:30 AM
WOO HOO!! Thanks!!

al_bundy
May 05 2012, 01:31 AM
Thankyou Raul Looks Good (-:

al_bundy
May 05 2012, 01:33 AM
would still love to see a use for northern Pike And Whalleys Fish (-:

Taz D
May 05 2012, 01:35 AM
Like it, but have one question. Why do the new facilities and service not rotate?
Also when are the trains going to rotate? Ok, that is 2 questions...:D

matt88
May 05 2012, 01:39 AM
Thank you Raul, great release!!!!
was wondering when we will get belts for the rest of the facility's

Gerry Smith
May 05 2012, 01:47 AM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

2. 30 x 30 Farm Expansions for farms 1 - 5: Here are the prices -> 4,000,000,000 Coins or 30 FarmCash.

3. Floor Level items support: This feature should fix the "sinking" items in the paths and roads. You should now be able to put any items over any paths (including train interceptions) and it should display correctly. Rivers/Ponds should have less issues as well. You should also be able to put items over these other "floor level items" without issues:

Helicopter Pad
Big Blue Picnic Blanket
Big Pink Picnic Blanket
Big Red Picnic Blanket
Floral Picnic Blanket
Hollow Land
Snow Patches

Crops: Yerba Mate, Hibiscus, Rose Hip. Passion Fruit coming on Monday.

5. Pizza Rush Minigame (Coming next week): Memory enhancing minigame with Practice and Multiplayer support already enabled. As usual, you have 3 stages and you can go into Practice mode to play each of the stages and improve personal records or you have the option to play multiplayer with all your friends currently in the farm, in this case, the user who finish all the 3 stages first win.

The Goal of this minigame is to make pizzas for your customers with the right ingredients.

6. Trains: We are still working on the Freight Trains, they will be ready on the next release, in the meantime there is a new Green Passenger Locomotive and Wagon in the Motion Cagetogy in the Store.

White Tea Bag
Green tea blend
Black tea blend
White tea blend
Green-White tea blend

9. Shipping Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Shipping Supplies. You can obtain Gum Arabic by harvesting the Acacia Trees.

Kraft Tubes
Letter Envelopes
Document Envelope
Farmtown Stamp Roll
Pallet
Mailbox Rentals
Adhesive Tape
Hand Stamping Machine

Mint Herbal Tea
Fruit Herbal Tea
Wild Berry Herbal Tea
Spice Herbal Tea

11. Post Office (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with all products from the Shipping Supplies Factory.

12. Tea House (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Green tea blend
Black tea blend
White tea blend
Green-White tea blend
Mint Herbal Tea
Fruit Herbal Tea
Wild Berry Herbal Tea
Spice Herbal Tea

Enjoy!

--Raul

Thanks Raul you are a Sweetheart & all the DEV's too!
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1382023634&farm_ix=1

holla
May 05 2012, 01:48 AM
Thank you Raul, great release!!!!
was wondering when we will get belts for the rest of the facility's

Yes i been wondering about that 2 for the last 2 updates..:)

Great Release, Thanks:)

LoreneC
May 05 2012, 01:52 AM
I can't wait to do some remodels using the paths and other items that will sink!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

justmecookin
May 05 2012, 02:00 AM
Thank you all ...I am very excited about all the new trains and the freight train to come...well done all...

Grumpa
May 05 2012, 02:06 AM
Must be getting old since I can't see the tree in the store.

maggiel29
May 05 2012, 02:07 AM
thank-you - cant wait to try out the new improved paths etc, love the farm expansions and new crops etc. The new Facs look good and the herbal teas. Looking forward to the freight train -and please can we have the belts/dans on the rest of the Facs. Thanks for all your hard work

maggiel29
May 05 2012, 02:08 AM

Its a new free gift - top row of the gifts page

Lavenda
May 05 2012, 02:11 AM
lots of new goodies to play with, thanks devs!

al_bundy
May 05 2012, 02:18 AM
o yes love the fix to the sinking problem

i just fixed the pavers around my pools so now i wont be rushing all the Farmer/Avatars Children off to the Farm Town Hospital with head injury's anymore :D:):D

Bearcats937
May 05 2012, 02:23 AM
Don't mean to sound ungrateful, I have been screaming for the trains for over a year now. But can we please get passenger trains like Amtrak or modern day, and not what you would see at Disney World, or a kids zoo??? I do realize you put a lot of work in what do you, and do thank you for it.

maggiel29
May 05 2012, 02:43 AM
I already had the Post Office and it has converted to a facility nicely (its in the Facility Manager) - but there is no request ingredients "+" box - it appears to be in the other new Facs.
My friend has it in her Post Office which she bought just now as a new Facility so perhaps is an issue with the existing one being converted.

Tony D
May 05 2012, 02:50 AM
I already had the Post Office and it has converted to a facility nicely (its in the Facility Manager) - but there is no request ingredients "+" box - it appears to be in the other new Facs.
My friend has it in her Post Office which she bought just now as a new Facility so perhaps is an issue with the existing one being converted.Hi, it is a service facility, you cannot request ingredients from them :)

maggiel29
May 05 2012, 02:52 AM
Hi, it is a service facility, you cannot request ingredients from them :)

Duh - Im an idiot :eek: Ive just realised that Thanks Tony - Im not awake yet - need more caffiene - slinks off to coffee pot..................................

FarmerMcLashwood
May 05 2012, 03:12 AM
I too already had the Post Office and yes it now appears in the Facility Manager.....BUT.... it won't load any items despite me having what is needed..... is this maybe a glitch? or do I need to buy another Post Office?

Vicky Vine
May 05 2012, 03:13 AM

You are not the only one, I can't find them either :confused:

But GREAT update as usual ty to the Devs. :D

al_bundy
May 05 2012, 03:14 AM
You are not the only one, I can't find them either :confused:

But GREAT update as usual ty to the Devs. :D

Hi

The New Tree is a Gift Only Item

Top Row in Position 1 on the gift page

:)

al_bundy
May 05 2012, 03:22 AM
I too already had the Post Office and yes it now appears in the Facility Manager.....BUT.... it won't load any items despite me having what is needed..... is this maybe a glitch? or do I need to buy another Post Office?

try adding it to storage then placing back on farm

that sometimes works (-:

FarmerMcLashwood
May 05 2012, 03:43 AM
try adding it to storage then placing back on farm

that sometimes works (-:

I already had it in my storage.... but put it back.. re-booted and put it out again.... and still it won't load.

samsmum
May 05 2012, 03:46 AM
I already had it in my storage.... but put it back.. re-booted and put it out again.... and still it won't load.

The post office is a service facility so you wont have made anything to load into it until you have had items in the shipping supplies factory finish production and stored

al_bundy
May 05 2012, 03:46 AM

I think i know what the problem is the post office is a service facility it doesent produce anything it onsells

you will need to produce the required goods using the facility that makes the appropriate items (-:

chrisluvsanimals
May 05 2012, 04:33 AM
Is the new Acacia tree harvest or Chop?

KnightRider
May 05 2012, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the New Release, I was hoping in this release that there was going to be a "Y" and fork intersections for the train tracks so I could finish up redoing some of my farms.

HelenJS22
May 05 2012, 04:38 AM
Love having the sinking path problem fixed. Thanks :)

al_bundy
May 05 2012, 04:41 AM
Is the new Acacia tree harvest or Chop?

It is a harvest :)

FarmerMcLashwood
May 05 2012, 04:47 AM
The post office is a service facility so you wont have made anything to load into it until you have had items in the shipping supplies factory finish production and stored

OOOOOOOOPs silly me lol

Many thanks for in the info.

AussieGecko
May 05 2012, 04:50 AM
I've been watching like a hawk for the new stuff and turned my back for ONE day. Just ONE day! Remind me to turn my back more often. Wheeeeee! I'm off to check everything out thoroughly and spend some FC. Thanks Devs!

Molly Mew
May 05 2012, 04:54 AM
Thanks Raul. :)

rjohn726
May 05 2012, 05:01 AM
thanks for the Tea House as well as the post office.

I noticed that you changed my old Post office to the new one in my little town.

tanglaw
May 05 2012, 05:22 AM
great stuff! thank you! i hope you can also fix the fences the same way as with the paths..they tend to eat up some of the stuff in the farm (n__n)

sandra.l.huffman
May 05 2012, 05:23 AM
sO000 great!!! thank you... hope with the trains we might get a bridge .. pretty Please

Tiger
May 05 2012, 06:21 AM
Whoot whoot love the non-sinking, new crops fabulous. Thanks Raul :D

Grumpa
May 05 2012, 06:57 AM
My north bound and my south bound passenger train are going to collide since there is no way to switch one of them to a siding.

I can just see it now, avatars taking a trip piled up all over the place in the wreck.

I like the quick fix to my missing Acacia tree. ( followed the information that was posted here and found them pesky trees.)

OK back to enjoying the game,

now where did I plant that new crop at 2am this morning? instead of being asleep.

theoxman
May 05 2012, 07:09 AM
This release is like using a tea bag for the 6th time.

Ktownkim
May 05 2012, 07:23 AM
[QUOTE=Raul;5143178]Hi There,

THE BEST update/fix EVER!!!! No more feeling like a dog chasing my tail while redecorating!

Thank you MUCH!!! Kim

musicman1215
May 05 2012, 07:44 AM
I don't mean to sound negative about this new release, but it sucks. You put out a new facility which we don't need because you could have just added the herbal teas to our existing tea factory. You put out new crops that a majority of people who play this game never even heard of. You put the acacia trees on the gift page instead of selling them in the store. Why don't you just make changes to the existing facilities for once, instead of adding one we don't need?

1fritz
May 05 2012, 07:49 AM
Thank you. Love it....More expansions. non-sinking paths, new crops, can't remember everything..Great update!

Off to buy Farm Cash. :D

artisanrox
May 05 2012, 07:51 AM
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

AussieGecko
May 05 2012, 08:00 AM
Feeling sad and feeling like I should complain but I won't. I bought a new farm extension and went to move my dock and sea coasts to the other side of the farm. All went well till I put the stone paths down over the sea coast to put the dock back over it. No go...It won't allow me to put it there. So I have a choice, a dock (wharf) that sits on sand and looks stupid just plonked there or delete it and have a bare ocean. The bare ocean wins.

kahra01
May 05 2012, 08:04 AM

THE BEST update/fix EVER!!!! No more feeling like a dog chasing my tail while redecorating!

Thank you MUCH!!! Kim[/QUOTE]

Biggest problem now is.. if you want to put trees in amongst the flowers, you could use the dirt paths to do it and it would allow you to lay them over the flowers.. now it doesnt. You could do anything with the dirt paths!! Unfortunately I discovered this after moving everything and tried to put them back.. well hasnt that blown it out of the water! First time I have ever said this.. but overall.. a really mundane release that for me, has caused more problems than it solved. I wish Raul could put the dirt paths back the way they were and let us override/overlap things when using them. I have no interest rebuilding it when i cant put things back the way they were. Very disappointing :(

kahra01
May 05 2012, 08:09 AM
Feeling sad and feeling like I should complain but I won't. I bought a new farm extension and went to move my dock and sea coasts to the other side of the farm. All went well till I put the stone paths down over the sea coast to put the dock back over it. No go...It won't allow me to put it there. So I have a choice, a dock (wharf) that sits on sand and looks stupid just plonked there or delete it and have a bare ocean. The bare ocean wins.

I feel ur pain! I just wrote a thread saying basically the same thing.. using the dirt paths that allowed you to put things where they wouldnt normally go on their own, and overlapping things to put it all together.. of course, like you, I moved everything coz I upsized and now it wont all go back they way I had it. sad and disappointing, so you have a right to voice your views and complain.. lol, I did!;)

caba
May 05 2012, 08:11 AM
Thank you! :D

Nyakwai67
May 05 2012, 08:17 AM
Woohoo...Ty for all the awesome updates...you guys ROCK !!!

servocrow
May 05 2012, 08:17 AM

YAY!!! So happy about this!!

Runs off to see all the goodies. THANKS for continuing to make this a great game!!

Missvicki
May 05 2012, 08:23 AM
Why is EVERYTHING about this game focused on CASH?Isnt this a GAME?The quests arent offering any CASH yet and we have to use our own HARD EARNED MONEY to buy facilities and such to play a GAME??? Whats up with the greed?

TerriFlynn
May 05 2012, 08:37 AM
IMO, this release is the worst ever. With the exception of new facilities, the rest is basically "fixes".. ok, so we need the fixes, but not in a release, just fix the stuff! C'mon SK, you can do better than this! The bored will begin to venture away....further and further......

Docperk
May 05 2012, 08:39 AM
I can't wait to do some remodels using the paths and other items that will sink!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Yep, me too. I have always wanted ground cover down and place items on them but usually had to remove it cause it would be laid over the top of a building or something.

thanks Devs!

maggiel29
May 05 2012, 08:48 AM
Yep, me too. I have always wanted ground cover down and place items on them but usually had to remove it cause it would be laid over the top of a building or something.

thanks Devs!

Yes that used to drive me nuts. I know the glitch with the paths was used to decorate (by me as well) but weighing it up I would rather have ground items behave like ground. I had long given up trying to have grass between my buildings on the tarmac and paving slabs that didnt cover the buildings in places.

maggiel29
May 05 2012, 08:52 AM

I know exactly what you mean - that glitch has its costs and benefits! How about having the water ground cover all over - now the paths behave as ground you can put down ground with paths and use the coasts round the edges maybe? Then you can still have docks and boats.

Soozy
May 05 2012, 08:57 AM
I don't mean to sound negative about this new release, but it sucks. You put out a new facility which we don't need because you could have just added the herbal teas to our existing tea factory. You put out new crops that a majority of people who play this game never even heard of. You put the acacia trees on the gift page instead of selling them in the store. Why don't you just make changes to the existing facilities for once, instead of adding one we don't need?

I totally agree with this. This is getting confusing, Tea Factory, Herbal Tea Factory. Should have been combined.

Docperk
May 05 2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the update DEVS, nice little surprise to wake up to. Sure was glad it came this weekend instead of having to wait longer.
Do wish we could have got the alternate views for the trains and the new Freight trains. I know patients but you have teasing us with for a while now.... :)

crafty chris
May 05 2012, 08:59 AM
thank you thank you thank you :)

ctu1010166
May 05 2012, 09:06 AM
New Release -- March 10th, 2012
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Mar 14, 6:20PM EST.

Hi There,

1. St Patrick items: Released a few days ago. All last year items plus 5 new items in the Store.

2. 28x28 Farm Expansions for Farms 6 - 10: Here are the prices -> 5,000,000,000 Coins or 25 FarmCash.

3. New Paths, Irrigation Canals and Patches (Available now):
Paths: Red Petals, Pink Petals, Gravel, Mulch, Wild Flowers, Marble, Color Brick, Pebble, Red Land, Sand and Wood
Water Irrigation Canals: Dirt Water Canal, Cement Water Canal
Patches: Patch of Brown Land, Patch of White Dirt

4. Content Changes:
- Fried Rice and Grilled Mushrooms can now be stocked into the China Buffet
- Corn dogs and Corn on the cob can now be stocked into the Fair Food Stand

5. Green Mobile Sprinkler (FC) (Available now): If you already own the Orange Sprinkler you can buy this Green Sprinkler to extend the 'Gone to Waste' time of your crops. This tool will replace your Orange Sprinkler. Here are the rules:

- For Crops with Maturity equal or less than 1 -> Add 24h to the current Gone to Waste time
- For Crops with Maturity higher than 1 -> Add 48h to the current Gone to Waste time

6. Filtering all FarmTown Wall Requests: There is a link now at the top in the 'My Requests' tab named 'Show FarmTown Wall Requests' which will allow you too see only FarmTown posts and act on them.

7. Change Status Message: This new option in the avatar menu will allow you to set a temporary (in session) status message below your avatar (where your name is now). Notice you can only do this in the Marketplace.

Also you can express explicitly your intention with different colors so farmers can have a quick idea of what other farmers are up to in the Market. The intensions are:

- Hire, Work, Buy Products, Sell Products, Play Minigames ad Meet New Farmers.

8. Bug Fixes:
- New efficient scrolling added to the Store, this also fix the issue of latest Flash Player showing product tool tips info incorrectly
- The 'Add Neighbour' functionality was broken, this was fixed a few days ago
- The 'Send Gift' and 'FarmCash Offers Challenge' functionality were broken for some users, they were fixed a few days ago
- The primary products in the China Buffet (rice, mushroom and watermelon) were removed from the 'From Facilities' dropdown filter

9.Janitorial Supplies Factory (coins): Produces Janitorial Supplies.
Scrubber
Paper Towel
Air Filter Mask
Duster
Vacuum Nozzle
Broom and Dustpan
Wet Floor Sign
Dirty Linen Trolley

10. Donuts Shop (FC): Produces Donuts.
Blueberry Muffin
Glazed Donut
Chocolate Frosted Donut
Vanilla Frosted Donut
Coconut Donut
Strawberry Donut
Boston Cream Donut
Bacon Maple Bar

11. FarmTown Janitorial Services (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:
Rubber Gloves
Scrubber
Paper Towel
Air Filter Mask
Duster
Vacuum Nozzle
Broom and Dustpan
Wet Floor Sign
Dirty Linen Trolley

12. Office Depot (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:
Stapler
Printer Ink Cartridge
Highlighter
Glass Table
File Folders
Portfolio
Cork Board
Pin Set
Lap Desk

The last 6 products to be stocked into the Office Depot are made in the Furniture Factory and Office-School Supply Factory.

Farm 14 and New Levels coming in the next release. We also started working on the Train Commerce feature, to be ready in then next 2 releases.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Where is the Train Commerce feature?

JohnAlbertini
May 05 2012, 09:13 AM
More frustration - no new levels.
You add 24 new FC facilities every year not to mention new FC tools.
Yet we (advanced LOYAL players) only get 150 FC leveling up each year so we can buy only 4-5 FC facilities per year. 4-5 out of 24 just not enough.

And you offer almost nothing to advanced players who have EARNED many more levels but you force us to WAIT many months to actually get them. I have DOUBLE the XP of the top existing level but they are WORTHLESS until you dribble out new levels! I could stop playing for a YEAR and come back to get my 150 levels without playing AT ALL until then! Maybe I'll do that!

al_bundy
May 05 2012, 09:18 AM
Farm 14 and New Levels coming in the next release. We also started working on the Train Commerce feature, to be ready in then next 2 releases.

Enjoy!

--Raul[/I]

Where is the Train Commerce feature?[/QUOTE]

Hi Raul mentioned in the first post that unfortunatly it is not complete but they expect it to be available for the next release.

Fingers Crossed.

wenchhhie
May 05 2012, 09:37 AM
Why is EVERYTHING about this game focused on CASH?Isnt this a GAME?The quests arent offering any CASH yet and we have to use our own HARD EARNED MONEY to buy facilities and such to play a GAME??? Whats up with the greed?

Wow, such hostility. Where does this sense of entitlement come from? If you go to a department store do you expect everything to be free? Do you call out the Manager to chastise him/her for making you to spend money to get it? You always have choices . . . . choose to purchase something . . . or not.

Purchase FC items . . . or not. Find another game that won't ask you to spend real money if this one is too frustrating for you.

Shame on Slashkey for having the audacity to run a business and expect to profit for their investment. :eek:

weedville
May 05 2012, 09:45 AM
Been playing Farm Town for over three years now . Remembering when level 45 was the highest for almost a year , Farm two finally arrived and thought I was in heaven . In the last 1 1/2 I have gone from not buying any Farm Cash to purchasing more . The changes and improvements have been great . From thinking the oil refinery was the greatest thing for making my own fuel to now all the tools like the harvester, seeder , plower combine, the chain saw to 14 farms and a release almost every month... Hats off to the developers

Dutch85
May 05 2012, 09:54 AM
I love it all! Thank you SO much for another great update!

Circle K Ranch
May 05 2012, 09:57 AM
I really am glad the sinking is fixed...and all the new things to work with but I really would like to see people I'd like my farms and towns to look alive...all my pilgrims just isn't cutting it anymore...

Macshelly
May 05 2012, 10:08 AM
Thank you Thank you Thank you!

I love all the new stuff, and it was a great birthday present to wake up to!!!!

youmaycallmemissb
May 05 2012, 10:35 AM
I'm thankful for the new updates but also a little devastated.

The dirt path "bug" was one of the best bugs to happen for people who design and create "depth" in their farms. No more of that now.

So I'm gonna cry for a few seconds, cos I really love that bug. waaaaaaaaaaaaa - but I'm thankful for the good fixes too..

*still cryin.* hehehehe ;)

-Miss B

Sandy Mae
May 05 2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks to all Devs and thannks Raul!!!!

bayoubes
May 05 2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the updates and fixes. Disappointed no more trains for now, but will wait for the next update. Wish they would have at least did the two rotations on the little train and cars tho, and given more deco for the tracks so we could have deco our train farms while we wait patiently for the freight train.lol. Oh well, give me more time to think about how to deco. Thanks again for the hard work yall do to try to please us farmers.

adinar
May 05 2012, 10:49 AM
Hi There,

Helicopter Pad
Big Blue Picnic Blanket
Big Pink Picnic Blanket
Big Red Picnic Blanket
Floral Picnic Blanket
Hollow Land
Snow Patches

Crops: Yerba Mate, Hibiscus, Rose Hip. Passion Fruit coming on Monday.

White Tea Bag
Green tea blend
Black tea blend
White tea blend
Green-White tea blend

Kraft Tubes
Letter Envelopes
Document Envelope
Farmtown Stamp Roll
Pallet
Mailbox Rentals
Adhesive Tape
Hand Stamping Machine

Mint Herbal Tea
Fruit Herbal Tea
Wild Berry Herbal Tea
Spice Herbal Tea

Green tea blend
Black tea blend
White tea blend
Green-White tea blend
Mint Herbal Tea
Fruit Herbal Tea
Wild Berry Herbal Tea
Spice Herbal Tea

Enjoy!

--Raul
Thanks for the updates Great Job! :) just one question I had purchased both the policestation and the postoffice way before they became facilities will I have to repurchase them in order for them to show in my Facility manager?

Tiger
May 05 2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the updates Great Job! :) just one question I had purchased both the policestation and the postoffice way before they became facilities will I have to repurchase them in order for them to show in my Facility manager?

Hi there,

If you have any production in them you will need to wait until it's complete. Once you've stored the products, put both of the facilities into storage then back onto your farm, they should then show up in the facility manager. You may need to reload the farm after doing that.

adinar
May 05 2012, 10:56 AM
Hi there,

If you have any production in them you will need to wait until it's complete. Once you've stored the products, put both of the facilities into storage then back onto your farm, they should then show up in the facility manager. You may need to reload the farm after doing that.

thanks for the info I"ll do that when they are both empty :))

charlies4ng3ls
May 05 2012, 11:00 AM
What is with all the negativity people - less than 12 hours and yes it's not THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME but ... I love the paths, I love the new crops - even if some of them we have never heard of - every day is a school day.... my mother always said I Want never got you anywhere - I'm thankful for today's update and looking forward to the next one .... Tony/Tiger - just close the thread of peeps have nothing nice to say - oh that's another thing my mother taught me - if you cannot say something nice - then say nothing at all.

Happy farming

earlgray
May 05 2012, 11:08 AM
I feel ur pain! I just wrote a thread saying basically the same thing.. using the dirt paths that allowed you to put things where they wouldnt normally go on their own, and overlapping things to put it all together.. of course, like you, I moved everything coz I upsized and now it wont all go back they way I had it. sad and disappointing, so you have a right to voice your views and complain.. lol, I did!;)

Yes, the dirt path "glitch" was a feature I really loved and depended on. Particularly for overlapping pieces of water, and getting boulders really close together. As much as I didn't like the sinking, I could usually cope with it somehow. I think I'd rather not have had this particular fix if it means losing the other capability.

UPDATE: After working with some layouts the past couple of days, I have to admit that things not sinking into paths is wonderful, and extend a huge "thank you" to the devs for doing this! And it will especially make working with a water base SO much easier - I'm really looking forward to that.

youmaycallmemissb
May 05 2012, 11:28 AM
Yes, the dirt path "glitch" was a feature I really loved and depended on. Particularly for overlapping pieces of water, and getting boulders really close together. As much as I didn't like the sinking, I could usually cope with it somehow. I think I'd rather not have had this particular fix if it means losing the other capability.

Totally agree. Maybe just maybe, they could bring back the dirt path "glitch" and keep the other paths normal. I really am missing it now.

I looked back in my farms and I've used the dirt path just to be a normal path on top of a plot, because you know, surely the farmers need to walk on a path as they planted :) Now it looks weird, it's all hidden underneath the plots and no path to walk on :)

ah well.. please pretty please devs.. bring the "dirt path" glitch ;) but keep the other paths not sinking.

peekachoo
May 05 2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the updates Raul, I'm so glad you've introduced more tea !

tharcicia
May 05 2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks Raul for the update especially the floor level item support. I have been waiting for it for a very long time and today as a big surprise it was there.

earlgray
May 05 2012, 12:09 PM
Totally agree. Maybe just maybe, they could bring back the dirt path "glitch" and keep the other paths normal. I really am missing it now.

I looked back in my farms and I've used the dirt path just to be a normal path on top of a plot, because you know, surely the farmers need to walk on a path as they planted :) Now it looks weird, it's all hidden underneath the plots and no path to walk on :)

ah well.. please pretty please devs.. bring the "dirt path" glitch ;) but keep the other paths not sinking.

Good suggestion, I hope they will do that.

AZHorseLady
May 05 2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the upgrade!!! I am a happy camper :) I cannot even begin to fathom how difficult designing this game is and am happy with most everything the developers come up with. I would double dog dare anyone to try and do better.

You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time!!!

feistyfarmergirl76
May 05 2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the update Raul and Devs!

Thank you for correcting the sinking path issue. Hopefully, there will be a way to still utilize the dirt paths for decorating in a future release.
My only suggestions for this release is to either move the green and ice tea out of the tea and coffee shop and have just a coffee shop or to make the green tea and iced tea available in both. I like the idea of a tea shop, but as to why the herbal teas must be made in a factory separate from the existing tea factory seems odd to me. Just my two cents. :)

All in all, I love this game and have been playing for over three years! Thank you.

Take care,
Heidi

Rob T
May 05 2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks Raul, great update :)

Texas Belle
May 05 2012, 12:49 PM
Thanks Raul, great update :)

Yes, thanks a lot...
now I have two things to say and they are not biggies, but.... on the next release or when you have some time free, could you put the acacia tree on rotation mode, my farm looks like its the tower of Pissa, leaning all to one side. Another, DIRT PATHS, we can't use them as we did before to be able to plant trees in places where we couldn't like near a house, lake, river.. we were able to put a dirt path there and voila the tree stayed. Another is AVATAR, mine looked like it was dancing the moon walk a while ago and then she did a cha-cha-cha, couldn't decide where to go, and still always busy. It has taken me an hour today to be able to seed 5 farms because it kept updating... I can stand the updating every 20 or 30 min., but lately is about every 2 and even 1 minute... and everything stops while the little blue disk is updating. Is it just me or anybody else out there having the same problem?
Well won't take anymore of you'll time... thanks again for the update to the farms.

Texas Belle
May 05 2012, 12:56 PM

That is the way we did our waterfalls, and trestles, and a lot of other things, the dirt path connection has to come back, who cares about picnic blankets when we cannot make waterfalls or put trees where we want them.
My helicopter pad never went under, and it has the helicopter on top. Please fix where we can have our dirt paths to help us make our farms look pretty.

Texas Belle
May 05 2012, 01:05 PM

C'mon, have you looked at the other games here on FB? They all have CASH items, even games as "who wants to be a millionaire" you get one game free and the others are cash, same with the Wheel of Fortune and they are not as interesting as Farm Town is. $5 or $10 is not much to ask and you get a lot of FC for that. There are a lot of people out there that are playing without buying the FC items and some are my friends and I have never heard them protesting, they play with what they have and some are on the very top of the levels, so it is not impossible... I love FT and I choose to spend my money here, and every month I put apart some money, you could do the same....

ghostkitten
May 05 2012, 01:10 PM
I,m lucky enough to be able to buy FC but it seems like every update is more and more FC needed.........I remember buying 120 FC and that use to last but now its 250 FC a month,....I feel sad for ppl who cant afford it.....JMO...

Maryleedaggett
May 05 2012, 01:19 PM
So loving the new teas you can make. Keep those updates coming they keep the game alive.

Bearcats937
May 05 2012, 01:29 PM
I didn't even realize you couldn't do the dirt path trick. The only thing I did was decorate, hate the farming ****. Now can't do anything any more... I am Done!!!!

aa1fy
May 05 2012, 01:47 PM
To heck with this ****! I'm finished with Farm Town till the idiots who develop the game finally realize that you simply cannot use the new facilities that require metal sheets until the mines produce enough ore for the Metal Shops to manufacture the sheets! I'd much rather not play the game at all than play it just half way!

KW54956
May 05 2012, 01:48 PM
have emptyied by cache and still no luck. Is anyone else having problems with this?

Petuniaflower
May 05 2012, 01:48 PM
:DWhat a Great Sat morn surprise....I read a few post..and saw one from Taz..that I was wondering about..now I am impatient..I had a farm I did..waiting for a train..that goes..vertical..I put down track..before I realized..wrong way..so I pulled up track this morn..and put the track on a farm..I could expand..I have expanded all 5 farms..and finished them all...THANK YOU RAUL..I really need a nice looking horse...though...but..your game gives this ole gal...something to do with her time...

StoneFace
May 05 2012, 01:59 PM

I sign that petition too. Especially nice for making mountain chains, and doubling the size of a small item like a house into something larger.

Not sure what some farmers, who have hundreds of overlapping water items, are going to do if they try to redecorate.

Farm Lady
May 05 2012, 02:01 PM
I was still having a ridiculously good time with the last upgrade when this wonderful release came out, however, I can't buy farm cash despite having followed the suggestions slashkey published. I so hope this is fixed soon!

charlies4ng3ls
May 05 2012, 02:07 PM
Well yes ... I like everything ... as I have said - but the glitch that was with the dirt path - which I never use as a decoration only to 'enhance' shall we say .... BRING IT BACK!!!! Please Devs ... this is what made decorating the farm worthwhile - you could 'fix' this by having it in a wee category all of it's own and put the code back for Dirt Path (code it for Dirt and use the old code! lol - I reckon two lines of code If DIRT (use old code) IF PATH (use new code) ... see what I mean? Two lines - honest won't take long and we will all be as pleased as pleased can be ... :) Oooh and thanks for everything else

Happy Farming

Duck Duck Goose
May 05 2012, 02:54 PM
To heck with this ****! I'm finished with Farm Town till the idiots who develop the game finally realize that you simply cannot use the new facilities that require metal sheets until the mines produce enough ore for the Metal Shops to manufacture the sheets! I'd much rather not play the game at all than play it just half way!

Why not just buy more mines? I have 8 of them and like 5 or 6 metal mills and i have tons of extra metal sheets of all kinds.

KW54956
May 05 2012, 02:54 PM
I was still having a ridiculously good time with the last upgrade when this wonderful release came out, however, I can't buy farm cash despite having followed the suggestions slashkey published. I so hope this is fixed soon!

I can't either and have tried all the suggestions....

Duck Duck Goose
May 05 2012, 02:59 PM
Well ****. The only thing i was looking forward to was a functional train and we didnt get it.
I stopped buying more buildings some time ago as i have way too many already. It takes me like an hour just to load and unload products in what i have now, so i dont need the headache of adding more pain to my headache. lol

As for the new crops, I cant use them as they all do nothing but support the new FC buildings which i stopped buying.

I hope at least that the passion fruit thats coming out will be something that can be used as a good crop to plant for high profits. The other 3 new ones barely double your money cause they are all short term crops, so heres crossing my fingers on at least getting 1 thing that interests me on this update. (mayby make the passion fruit 5 day crop for high profit?)

mjl1960
May 05 2012, 03:09 PM
I think the price of these farm expansions is ridiculous... :(

Deanna J. Lloyd
May 05 2012, 03:09 PM

I LOVE this game! It's the only one I play, but the inability to access my Facebook credits to buy Farm Cash is driving me bonkers. Please, oh please, can we have some indication as to when this might be fixed?

I can live with non-sinking dirt paths -- for the time being -- but I REALLY need the Farm Cash problem fixed! At my level, there's no other way to get it, no matter how many XPs I may pile up.

PLEASE (looking very sad) =-(

SallyL
May 05 2012, 03:19 PM
Thank you!!! Very nice update. I love being able to use a building I already have as a facility. :-) You developers Rock!!!!!

tnbskts
May 05 2012, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the update - some interesting stuff.

But I have to admit to not being thrilled by the new facilities. It's been ages since you put out a coin facility that uses actual farm ingredients to create products; all the coin facilities are post offices and police stations and janitor stuff and trophy factories, which just take minerals and metal and paper, they don't have a lot to do with farms and farm produce. Would be nice if the next update includes something farm-ish for coins.

ImTznU
May 05 2012, 03:41 PM
Yes, thanks a lot...
now I have two things to say and they are not biggies, but.... on the next release or when you have some time free, could you put the acacia tree on rotation mode, my farm looks like its the tower of Pissa, leaning all to one side. Another, DIRT PATHS, we can't use them as we did before to be able to plant trees in places where we couldn't like near a house, lake, river.. we were able to put a dirt path there and voila the tree stayed. Another is AVATAR, mine looked like it was dancing the moon walk a while ago and then she did a cha-cha-cha, couldn't decide where to go, and still always busy. It has taken me an hour today to be able to seed 5 farms because it kept updating... I can stand the updating every 20 or 30 min., but lately is about every 2 and even 1 minute... and everything stops while the little blue disk is updating. Is it just me or anybody else out there having the same problem?
Well won't take anymore of you'll time... thanks again for the update to the farms.

Mine has been doing that constant save and reload for past couple weeks!!!! Today.... it is ridiculous!! I am not even going to try anymore today to farm, it is way too annoying! LOL Honestly with the path issue and no longer being able to do the stuff I really like, which is the decorating, I may be done anyway! Very sad!

rjohn726
May 05 2012, 03:41 PM
By the way thanks for the improvement of the showing and harvesting of the flowers around the sea shores. I didn't put any trees around them as it made the fishing very difficult. Maybe there's an improvement there also, I don't know however, maybe I'll try some trees by the sea shores sometime soon to see if there was also an improvement there with all that.

Thanks again for that improvement in the flowers.

JW2009
May 05 2012, 04:07 PM
Thank you so much for all the Fun and Excitement when New things comes out - Thank you again and Happy Farming

blue nile
May 05 2012, 04:16 PM
I always appreciate an update! Thank you :) Looking forward to more train things. My farm 7 is going to be my train farm and as i am not great at decorating it gives me longer to put off sorting it out lol ;)

KnightRider
May 05 2012, 04:39 PM
I see some of the paths still go over other items like the train tracks. I just put a track on a land paths and some of the paths cover the tracks.

anglnwhite
May 05 2012, 05:02 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

NEVER NEVER thought I would EVER say this, but the loss of the dirt patch glitch has me re-evaluating the status of Farm Town.

If there is another option, please, someone share it with me, cause the joy is fading fast ...

Ktownkim
May 05 2012, 05:38 PM
all my pilgrims just isn't cutting it anymore...

This made me giggle :D Thanks!!

drr30
May 05 2012, 05:45 PM
To the devs:

Very disappointed with this release, not so much with whats released but with what not released. Many users including myself have asked for more storage for animals. This has been a problem for the last two releases and has still not been addressed, not even a timetable on when it will be addressed. I realize the devs work very hard to improve this game, but not to mention the animal storage problem makes me think the devs don't care about this problem or realize how big a problem it really is.

Raul and co. please address this problem or at least look at it and give us a status report on what to expect.

thanks

pbrunton
May 05 2012, 05:52 PM
The acacia tree is a "gift" item.

messengill
May 05 2012, 05:53 PM
well...guess since i can't decorate my farm the way i want without the paths...i am done with farmtown...sorry farmtown

kazzaqld
May 05 2012, 06:14 PM
I love the new update! The new facilities using different crops and trees is great. Thank you for that! :D

ImajeanB
May 05 2012, 06:18 PM

You need the Shipping fac to makes the items needed for the post office.

ImajeanB
May 05 2012, 06:23 PM
To the devs:

Very disappointed with this release, not so much with whats released but with what not released. Many users including myself have asked for more storage for animals. This has been a problem for the last two releases and has still not been addressed, not even a timetable on when it will be addressed. I realize the devs work very hard to improve this game, but not to mention the animal storage problem makes me think the devs don't care about this problem or realize how big a problem it really is.

Raul and co. please address this problem or at least look at it and give us a status report on what to expect.

thanks You can overstock your storage that you have and put as many in as you want so I don't see a problem.
They can't please all but I have read someone does not like the look of the trains....well, I for one like old timey things and don't mind them at all. Thanks Devs for all the hard work you put in to make things more fun for us.

LINDALSHOT
May 05 2012, 06:25 PM
I keep getting an error message when I try to buy FARM CASH.
I'm on a Mac.I've emptied my cache. I switched from Safari to Firefox but I still get an error message.
Thanks,
Linda

adinar
May 05 2012, 06:26 PM

that's because it's a free gift you get from your neighbors

1fritz
May 05 2012, 06:41 PM
Earlier I said Thank You for the update, and I did mean it.. And I'd like to say thanks again. Love the farm expansions for 1-5 cause it means that the rest will be expandable at some point in the future. (Don't care about the cost). The Acaidia tree is great nice looking tree. The new factories, shops are also good. I like the new crops. This game is the best! Raul and the Devs work hard to keep if fresh. I was disappointed that the dirt path "glitch" is gone. I enjoyed making waterfalls, putting flowers and trees closer together, making my hills overlap. :(

But like I said this is the best game around in MHO. just cause something happens I don't care for does not mean I will quit Farm Town.

Thank You again
Fritz

bruhelmboldt
May 05 2012, 06:45 PM
Please bring back the dirt path glitch. Much fun has just gone out of the game.

Papa's Snoopy86
May 05 2012, 06:56 PM
Woohoo!!!! Thanks for all the new stuff. Can't wait to see the rest of the mother's day stuff.... If there is going to be something more to the list of items

Duck Duck Goose
May 05 2012, 06:56 PM
To the devs:

thanks

I used to think that way too, however now that we have 14 farms which elates to 1400 of every animal. I have tons of extra animal products that i just sell off cause i have no use for all of it.

Duck Duck Goose
May 05 2012, 06:58 PM
They can't please all but I have read someone does not like the look of the trains....well, I for one like old timey things and don't mind them at all. Thanks Devs for all the hard work you put in to make things more fun for us.

Yes, im a fan of the older steam trains / and early deisel engines myself.
Those things they call trains now-adays that amtrack uses looks too chincy

Granzilla
May 05 2012, 07:21 PM
fine with the new releases.. but I still cannot buy farm cash... I have done everything you have said to do and still can't...I cannot move forward without this and after all this time and money I have spent.. I hate to quit but it is getting evident.. you are not planning on fixing the issues..I have tried on 3 computers and even on my husbands farm and still NO FARM CASH.

ImajeanB
May 05 2012, 07:25 PM
I'm on a Mac.I've emptied my cache. I switched from Safari to Firefox but I still get an error message.
Thanks,
Linda

I got that too then switched to Foxfire and got it. Then went back to Google as it is faster and more effective.

adinar
May 05 2012, 07:44 PM

if you look at the tea factory they did just that and it's nice to have a tree that we don't have to pay for just get your neighbors to send to you

drr30
May 05 2012, 07:48 PM
I used to think that way too, however now that we have 14 farms which elates to 1400 of every animal. I have tons of extra animal products that i just sell off cause i have no use for all of it.

thats fine for cows and chickens and other animals but with horses you need 25 fc for each stable thats 25 x 14 or 350 farm cash or about $50 real cash, my point is I don't mind paying 25 fc for one or even 2 stables but 14 stables is not right I would rather spend 25 or even 35 farm cash for a super barn that stores a 1000 animals in it. Even if the super barn still required a stable to harvest the horses I can live with that. The devs still will be making money 25 fc for a stable and lets say 35 farm cash for a bigger barn that 50 fc or $10 real cash.

maggiel29
May 05 2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks,
Linda

Are You ticking the little box on the left just above the Facebook Credits button to say you accept the terms and conditions.

maggiel29
May 05 2012, 07:54 PM
Yes, im a fan of the older steam trains / and early deisel engines myself.
Those things they call trains now-adays that amtrack uses looks too chincy

I also like the old trains - much more character.

AussieGecko
May 05 2012, 07:55 PM
Please bring back the dirt path glitch. Much fun has just gone out of the game.

This is exactly how I am feeling. I'm not chasing the exp points though they keep coming cause I plant stuff a lot. I love the mixture of fun I get when I play around and design farms. If it comes down to only farming and getting higher in points then the joy of it all has gone. I'm going to turn into one of those whingeing and whining players you don't want to know about. LOL

If you want people to enter contests you gotta meet them half way. Please think about the changes you make to current items and the impacts it will have BEFORE you make them. Please reconsider the dirt paths and return them to the way they were (I used to use the stone path) OR make a single square path the old way that we can use as a decorating tool. You can even call it the 'building path'. heh heh heh

KnightRider
May 05 2012, 08:21 PM
This is exactly how I am feeling. I'm not chasing the exp points though they keep coming cause I plant stuff a lot. I love the mixture of fun I get when I play around and design farms. If it comes down to only farming and getting higher in points then the joy of it all has gone. I'm going to turn into one of those whingeing and whining players you don't want to know about. LOL

If you want people to enter contests you gotta meet them half way. Please think about the changes you make to current items and the impacts it will have BEFORE you make them. Please reconsider the dirt paths and return them to the way they were (I used to use the stone path) OR make a single square path the old way that we can use as a decorating tool. You can even call it the 'building path'. heh heh heh

The dev's just did what the people was wanting to get rid of the sinking on paths and roads, the people saying to get rid of the sinking is the ones that should have thought about the impact that would make, not the dev's. The people should have been saying get rid of the sinking on the roads and the paths with the exception of the dirt paths.

Farmer_Susan
May 05 2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks,
Linda

Same here. On a Mac, can't buy Farm Cash for the new stuff. I've been trying with Firefox.

kataltay
May 05 2012, 08:52 PM
By and large, this seems like a great update to me. We are all given the choice of playing this game; no one is forcing us. So, those naysayers need to keep that in mind when they spew complaints and threaten to stop playing.

I am thrilled that the sinking issue has been fixed at last. As for the inability to now make waterfalls, or place flowers, trees, rocks and the like at the edge of water, could developers maybe just work on a way where we can overlap water if we want? I have not tried using the stone paths yet to create a waterfall, but it sounds like it won't be possible. Hmmmm....maybe some release down the road will have waterfall sections in the Ponds category! :D

Rachel.Bluebird
May 05 2012, 09:26 PM
Thank you for the wonderful update! I love Farm Town and play every day!

ImTznU
May 05 2012, 09:26 PM

WOW!! And WOW again!!!

No kidding huh??! And how dare....

1. A landlord or bank require us to actually PAY money for living space!!
2. And the very nerve of a grocery store charge us for food!!!
3. Ohhh and I am appalled at the fact that I ACTUALLY have to pay for items
like clothing, deodorant, toothpaste, shampoos, hair brushes, etc... need I
go with the endless things.
4. Oh and phone service, TV, Internet, electricity!!!
5. What really gets me the most is when I have to PAY for entertainment!!
Shouldn't it be free to have OTHERS spend THEIR time to entertain ME!??
Certainly they can then find time else where to then make some "hard
earned cash" to buy their groceries and toiletries, right? Isn't it the DUTY
of others to entertain me FREE of ANY charges.

THINK about it folks!! First of all you CAN completely play this game without ever spending any of YOUR "hard earned cash" you can play without having EVERYTHING, if you choose to play that way. SOME of us see it differently and do not have an issue paying the very reasonable amounts of money here to have the EXTRA things!! It is pretty cheap entertainment for the pleasure we get from it and the amount of time we can spend on it!

AND... if it wasn't for the fact that there are items that require spending real money NONE of the game could exist for FREE!!! I promise you as well FARM TOWN is by far the most generous game out there with the things that they offer for virtual coin!!!

JUST SAYING!

theoxman
May 05 2012, 09:59 PM

WELL SAID. It really is that obvious isn't it?

Petuniaflower
May 05 2012, 10:46 PM
WOW!! And WOW again!!!

THINK about it folks!! First of all you CAN completely play this game without ever spending any of YOUR "hard earned cash" you can play without having EVERYTHING, if you choose to play that way. SOME of us see it differently and do not have an issue paying the very reasonable amounts of money here to have the EXTRA things!! It is pretty cheap entertainment for the pleasure we get from it and the amount of time we can spend on it!

AND... if it wasn't for the fact that there are items that require spending real money NONE of the game could exist for FREE!!! I promise you as well FARM TOWN is by far the most generous game out there with the things that they offer for virtual coin!!!

JUST SAYING!

I totally agree...I quit two games by another developer..and Farm Town..is very reasonable compared to them....This is my entertainment....and I buy...what I want...and find ..what I pay monthly less..than when I read paperbacks....and a lot less than friend that go to the Indian casino in this area...I am not forced..to play..or forced to buy..and I am sure the hard working gals and guys....do like to eat....and have a roof over their heads...

Petuniaflower.....

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5762&farm_ix=Y

pelicn
May 05 2012, 11:23 PM
wow!! And wow again!!!

1. A landlord or bank require us to actually pay money for living space!!
3. Ohhh and i am appalled at the fact that i actually have to pay for items
like clothing, deodorant, toothpaste, shampoos, hair brushes, etc... Need i
4. Oh and phone service, tv, internet, electricity!!!
5. What really gets me the most is when i have to pay for entertainment!!
Shouldn't it be free to have others spend their time to entertain me!??
earned cash" to buy their groceries and toiletries, right? Isn't it the duty
of others to entertain me free of any charges.

Think about it folks!! First of all you can completely play this game without ever spending any of your "hard earned cash" you can play without having everything, if you choose to play that way. Some of us see it differently and do not have an issue paying the very reasonable amounts of money here to have the extra things!! It is pretty cheap entertainment for the pleasure we get from it and the amount of time we can spend on it!

And... If it wasn't for the fact that there are items that require spending real money none of the game could exist for free!!! I promise you as well farm town is by far the most generous game out there with the things that they offer for virtual coin!!!

Just saying!

well said!

gffarmer
May 06 2012, 12:00 AM
WOW!! And WOW again!!!

JUST SAYING!

Very Good! Well said!!

nala
May 06 2012, 12:22 AM
Okay I posted over on another thread now I will post where it belongs....

Raul and Team you do an amazing job and we do not tell you often enough how grateful we are for the hard work you but in to making this game so fantastic for us.

I personally have been here since almost the beginning of time and have seen your creative minds go thru some many changes and frustrations I admire all you do for us.

Please know that I have love all my zillion hour of fun playing this BETA game. I am very aware that this is a BETA game and I do have a saying when things don't always go the way I think it should in a "PERFECT WORLD" "Gotta love Betta!"

That being said I would like to say that I know that you were just answering the whines of the masses that said stop the sinking vehicle etc in to the paths, when you fixed the stone paths so that they became hard as diamonds.... .. But we the uneducated new not what we whined about.

I am sure if they had known what they were saying they would not have said any thing!!!

I design on FarmTown to keep my brain alive. You See I have Epilepsy and every seizure I lose a little bit of my memory etc. So I use FarmTown to challenge me to keep my wits about me. My design work on farms keeps me alive and thinking.... with out the use of the stone paths it is going to be that much more difficult for me to do .. Please consider giving us our stone paths back for design work back. Some of us play the game solely for the design work. I personally could careless about the factories and My farm cash each month go toward designing.

Thank you for listening.

I know you are caring people and willing to help us

You have never let us down before.. I am counting on that this time..

Have a nice evening
Nala
a very addicted farmer
thank you again for all you do for us.

Deanna J. Lloyd
May 06 2012, 02:07 AM
As always, Raul and devs, superlative job!!! :D While I agree with many here that it would be nice to have the dirt path remain a floor level sinking decorating tool, I love the fact that many of my designs will now look much better BECAUSE things DON'T sink!! :) I have decorated all 14 of my farms to within an inch of their lives, and don't plan to do any redecorating again anytime soon, so . . . ;)

I'm just wondering about the progress on the Farm Cash issue. At this point, I really don't blame Farm Town or the devs.:) I've tried everything the mods have suggested -- twice. To the best of my ability, I've disabled add-ons and pop-ups, but can't be sure I got everything or did it right. I did revert back to pre-TimeLine status. I've used Chrome and Firefox. I've tried on both my desktop and my laptop. I've even opened FT in multiple windows, then gone to the Bank and tried to buy cash in each. In every case, I've had no luck!

I Googled problems with Facebook credits and came up with zilch -- other than our problem. Seems none of the Zynga games are experiencing this problem . . . now isn't that a surprise. :rolleyes: As far as I'm concerned, this is just another one of Facebook's attempts to make Farm Town users unhappy and force us to play Zygna games!!! :mad: I just sent them a scathing message demanding they fix this glitch or refund the value of my credits to my PayPal account. I doubt they will do anything, but it's worth a shot, and at least they know how angry this Farm Town player is.

Again, great release, peeps!!! And I just had an inspiration for converting FB credits to Farm Cash! ;) It may be a long shot, but I think it's worth trying. I'll let you know if it works!!

kahra01
May 06 2012, 03:12 AM
WOW!! And WOW again!!!

JUST SAYING!

Well said! I couldnt agree more!! I pay for my own enjoyment and the betterment of my gaming experience... and will continue to support this game so those that wont pay can still play it! :P

AussieGecko
May 06 2012, 05:03 AM
The dev's just did what the people was wanting to get rid of the sinking on paths and roads, the people saying to get rid of the sinking is the ones that should have thought about the impact that would make, not the dev's. The people should have been saying get rid of the sinking on the roads and the paths with the exception of the dirt paths.

I have to disagree with you here. People can suggest things, like having little people for our farm, having paths that sink below buildings etc but they don't know how it will be created. They are suggesting things they want to see happen in the game. When changes are made they are tested to make sure they are working before being released. The people who make the game know the paths were used for creating waterfalls and 3d effects. They are the ones who have made the change and they are the ones to fix the change and they are the ones responsible for the change. Nothing to do with the person who made a suggestion, they don't know about programming.

Mhiingan
May 06 2012, 07:03 AM
Farm town was once a "game" that everyone could afford to play. Now, it appears to have become an "investment". The cost of expansions has risen again. Is it really that necessary to exclude those that cannot afford the investment for the sake of the developers making mega bucks? Seems that many are becoming discouraged and leaving this site. Maybe time to re-evaluate what the purpose really is, especially if the game all of a sudden becomes defunked. Where is our investment going then?

Just some thoughts. Hopefully someone will ponder.:(

tharcicia
May 06 2012, 07:04 AM
I thought this was a thread about the new update! If you feel the urge to complain about something pls. use an other thread. Some of us don't want to listen to your moaning and groaning all the time. Besides use your creativity to address the issue of the dirth paths.

Mimi2chis
May 06 2012, 07:20 AM
wow! I love that you fixed the sinking problem! I went to my "beach" and found all kinds of things that had disappeared under the sand were now magically there! Still enjoying the variety of shrubs you put out in the update prior to this one as well. ( Now....if you would just put aside all those useless farming tool items in the gift section I'd be really happy. )

artisanrox
May 06 2012, 07:53 AM
Farm town was once a "game" that everyone could afford to play. Now, it appears to have become an "investment". The cost of expansions has risen again. Is it really that necessary to exclude those that cannot afford the investment for the sake of the developers making mega bucks? Seems that many are becoming discouraged and leaving this site. Maybe time to re-evaluate what the purpose really is, especially if the game all of a sudden becomes defunked. Where is our investment going then?

It's only an "investment" if you MAKE it an "investment". If you WANT to pay $500 on a Facebook game, particularily this one, that's your own choice. I'd be completely bored if I had everything, every expansion, etc., and I'd be even more annoyed that I spent $500 on a game to do that.

The point of the game is, yanno, to play the game.

I've been paying about $20 a year and still having a blast. This is really one of T H E M O S T generous "free to play" games out there. If that's not generous enough for you then gosh...

PS---I also work at my farm a little at a time because I don't expect things to happen overnight. If you WANT to have EVERYTHING in the game overnight, then YES you SHOULD have to pay $500. But don't complain that you're bored!!!!

AussieGecko
May 06 2012, 07:54 AM
I thought this was a thread about the new update! If you feel the urge to complain about something pls. use an other thread. Some of us don't want to listen to your moaning and groaning all the time. Besides use your creativity to address the issue of the dirth paths.

This thread IS about the new update which DID affect the way some people play this game. I posted the fact I was feeling sad because I could no longer use the paths to overlap the water features to make waterfalls and to create 3d farms. Not all people play for exp points and making coins. Some of us just breeze along and have fun making our farms pretty. The new update changed all that and the devs won't know about it unless we speak out. If you don't want to read peoples comments don't browse the forum. This IS the place to speak about the affects the new updates have caused.

Suz60930
May 06 2012, 08:39 AM
I just have a question. What is meant by "hollow land". I can't seem to find it in the paths or anything? Am I missing something?

kahra01
May 06 2012, 09:04 AM
This thread IS about the new update which DID affect the way some people play this game. I posted the fact I was feeling sad because I could no longer use the paths to overlap the water features to make waterfalls and to create 3d farms. Not all people play for exp points and making coins. Some of us just breeze along and have fun making our farms pretty. The new update changed all that and the devs won't know about it unless we speak out. If you don't want to read peoples comments don't browse the forum. This IS the place to speak about the affects the new updates have caused.

Spot on AussieGecko.. this has made a major impact on the game, and certainly not for the better. Im hoping Raul will revise this and give us back the use of the dirt path as we know it. Of course we should voice our thoughts on this so the devs know what the majority want! :)

Dad Shadow
May 06 2012, 09:12 AM
Sorry.. how can it be 'free to play' when you pay 'real' money on it ?
Or am I missing a link.....

Grumpa
May 06 2012, 09:23 AM
I have to disagree with you here. People can suggest things, like having little people for our farm, having paths that sink below buildings etc but they don't know how it will be created. They are suggesting things they want to see happen in the game. When changes are made they are tested to make sure they are working before being released. The people who make the game know the paths were used for creating waterfalls and 3d effects. They are the ones who have made the change and they are the ones to fix the change and they are the ones responsible for the change. Nothing to do with the person who made a suggestion, they don't know about programming.

The testing by the programs would be the Alpha version of the software. We are doing the bata testing as the game says it is a bata version. When everything is done with and no more bugs or problems can be faoun then the software is finalize. I like the bata since there are changes and more changes that make the game more interesting as time goes on.

Now that the bata testers have a problem with the dirt path or what so many believe is a proplem and request a way to have it turned back to how it worked, we will just have to wait and see if it is or if we have to play with it the way it is now. :eek:

Grumpa
May 06 2012, 09:34 AM

After pondering what you said I have decided that The game has always been an investment. The developers have invested there time and knowledge in not there monies to making the game. With this investment in placed they then offered the game to people to play for free. The basic game is still free to play, the bells and whistles to make the playing more fun and easier are extras that cost real cash for the players to buy, even then the players do get free FC for playing the game and advancing in it. Granted not all they would like but some. There is a saying of TANSTAAFL which I find true in real life. With that said I feel that we can play with we have been given for free or decide to spend for the bells and whistles if we want them, just like we have to in real life.

Now I WANT MY DIRT PATHS TO WOEK THE OLD WAY, THE FREIGHT TRAIN TO BE FREE, AND EVERY BELL AND WHISTLE THAT IS AVAILABLE AND I WANT IT FOR free.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Grumpa
May 06 2012, 09:42 AM

My granddaughter has a farmtown farm that she started when she joined facebook, but she didn't play it for long. She lets me play on her farm when I want and I only play using the free or coin items. The max tools are the 3x and it is a killer when one is use to the power tools as I call the FC ones. Any levels I get and earn FC for are used to buy grandpa FC items, what ever they are.

So you can play for free and spend no money on having fun. Granted it is not as much fun and a lot more work that way but is can be done for free. :)

Texas Star
May 06 2012, 11:35 AM
Floor Level items support: This feature should fix the "sinking" items in the paths and roads. You should now be able to put any items over any paths (including train interceptions) and it should display correctly.

Thanks for this! Look forward to being able to put things where I plan rather than working around this items popping up to the top!

Farm Lady
May 06 2012, 12:10 PM
I finally got farm cash after clearing my cache, again, and then restarting my computer immediately afterward. Hope this works for anyone else who still can't get FC. The last 2 releases are wonderful but I must join in with others on the dirt path fix. Its just got to be put back the way it was for design purposes. Thank you!

Dutch85
May 06 2012, 12:35 PM

Every time we get an update there is a huge debate about whether or not charging real money for things is fair. I don't care who you are, surely you are spending some money for something that gives you pleasure...even if it's a candy bar that you like. We all have our priorities...what gives you pleasure may not be what someone else likes. For me, it's spending a bit of money on my favorite game...Farmtown. I am thinking some of the complainers wouldn't be happy no matter what this game offered.

Texas Belle
May 06 2012, 01:46 PM
have emptyied by cache and still no luck. Is anyone else having problems with this?

I keep getting the "plug-in failure" more often since 3 days ago that I did before. I have taken off flash, downloaded again and still the same, so I guess its the game.
My avatar is crazy. 2 days ago I harvested my farms, then when the new seeds came in I planted just 5 farms not bothering to look at the others because I had harvested and plowed, well today I found that the soybeans which I had harvested were there and they had gone bad, even with the irrigation thing... guess this update was just too fast and still has glitches...

Texas Belle
May 06 2012, 02:04 PM
You can overstock your storage that you have and put as many in as you want so I don't see a problem.

Why don't you buy more dairy, horse, hen and llama/sheep barns, that is what I did. I have one of each on almost every farm, they are coin items and you can put 100 of each in each barn... I see storage as a no brainer....

Texas Belle
May 06 2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks,
Linda

Linda I had the same problem yesterday, I am also on IMac, but kept trying and trying and finally got the site to come up... it is not FT it is FB, so keep trying, eventually the window to buy the cash will come up. Good luck!!

Texas Belle
May 06 2012, 02:13 PM
Same here. On a Mac, can't buy Farm Cash for the new stuff. I've been trying with Firefox.

I did it with Safari, another thing i did was reset Safari, but be VERY CAREFUL that you mark out where it says about keeping your passwords and stuff if not you loose it all... all your stored passwords and id...

Emily Murphy
May 06 2012, 02:17 PM
I would love to buy these new facilities and expand my Farms 1-5. Unfortunately I have spent two days trying to buy Farm Cash so that I could do just that!!!!! It won't go to the Pay Pal page to complete the sale. I am extremely frustrated and about to tell FT where it can go! If people can't buy FC, then why bring out items that you can only buy with FC , and expansion that costs billions if FC not used?

I can't begin to explain how frustrated and mad I am without using lots of inappropriate language, so I'm done. Sent a note to Slashkey yesterday, but no response. I just want to yell at someone!

Oh...and I did clear my cache!

astradriver
May 06 2012, 02:18 PM
Thankyou for the latest upgrade, another good upgrade, when i think back to how the game used to have only 1farm with 34 levels, no tools, facs etc i think its amazing how much the game has came on and how entertaining it has become, the market used to be full of everyone shouting for work and no work to go around, and when u seeded ur 1 farm u were as well leaving game as u had little chance of getting any work, i have no moans about the game and i simply just look forward to the next update as im always happy to see the new developments, WTG DEVS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK - many thanks from a devoted ft player

astradriver
May 06 2012, 02:21 PM
I would love to buy these new facilities and expand my Farms 1-5. Unfortunately I have spent two days trying to buy Farm Cash so that I could do just that!!!!! It won't go to the Pay Pal page to complete the sale. I am extremely frustrated and about to tell FT where it can go! If people can't buy FC, then why bring out items that you can only buy with FC , and expansion that costs billions if FC not used?

I can't begin to explain how frustrated and mad I am without using lots of inappropriate language, so I'm done. Sent a note to Slashkey yesterday, but no response. I just want to yell at someone!

You could go to your account on facebook main page and buy facebook credits usng ur paypal account, then go to farmtown and buy fc using ur fb credits

Emily Murphy
May 06 2012, 02:36 PM
Good to know for future use. I had never used Safari, but did have it, so after reading previous post, thought I'd try it. I completed the buy on the 2nd try. Amazing how doom and gloom so quickly morphed into absolute delight!!!!! Whew. Thank you all who posted on this issue.

JW2009
May 06 2012, 02:43 PM
My only complaint is that Trees used in FACILITIES should all be in the store to buy, like this new one, and it'a an important one ACACIA - we need it for the new factory and yet we have to wait for gifts sent, then we have to wait to harvest them, fortunately they are 1.6 days. I don't like complaining, and I really enjoy this game and those quests are great feature, Thanks again and Happy Farming and I look forward to the Freight Train :)

MadamePondarosa
May 06 2012, 02:44 PM

Hi I liked the release but got a bit sad to because now it does not work to link the river out to the big seacost, now matter how I try with the dirt path. I had a big project which now cant be finished:'(

It also made the train track near a river bridge to go on top of the bridge so it looks stupid. (farm nb 9)

Would be very greatful if we kan put rivers close to seacost again, like making a fjord:)

*hopefull*

JW2009
May 06 2012, 02:50 PM
Very well said, and I agree :) Besides, how can they offer free online game, they have to pay for it somehow, so they sell fc items so they can stay in business and keep providing us with a Great Game - I love it so much :)Every time we get an update there is a huge debate about whether or not charging real money for things is fair. I don't care who you are, surely you are spending some money for something that gives you pleasure...even if it's a candy bar that you like. We all have our priorities...what gives you pleasure may not be what someone else likes. For me, it's spending a bit of money on my favorite game...Farmtown. I am thinking some of the complainers wouldn't be happy no matter what this game offered.

ImTznU
May 06 2012, 03:03 PM

Did you PURCHASE the game?? Do you HAVE to spend money to play it??

NOOOOO you do not!!

Have YOU spent money to play it? If yes, then it was YOUR choice. If NO then it has been FREE for you! :)

Do some of us PAY money, YES, we choose to!
This is not rocket science!

meacara
May 06 2012, 03:38 PM
No, people, that is what ADS are for. How did the dev's make it the year or more they did NOT offer any FC items? They made it on advertising. In a real game there are no side ads, like you see in FB games. I remember in the beginning of the whole FC fun if you didn't have money for FC items you still felt like you were playing the same game as the ones who could afford it. That is no longer the case #1.

Even more importantly, #2, for those who have millions of XP ABOVE that required for the max level, who obviously love the game, get 1/6 of the new stuff because they need to wait and wait for new levels to come out. That isn't right. The ones with the most XP should be the most rewarded. The fact that I could probably create a new account, move all my FC items over to the new one and get 335 extra FC by leveling in 1/10 of the time it would take me to move up 335 levels in my original is stupid and not right. By taking care of the max level players, we would not be tempted to do that.

And to the one who said that 5 or 10 dollars gets you real amounts of FC - it buys you one, or at most two facilities - the 10 dollar one, or ONE tool. The price of the items needs to be reexamined, as it is extremely high. The amount you get back should also be looked at. Many FC facilities produce 3 or fewer things and require at least 28 FC, if not 30 or 32 - how does that make any sense? ALL of the FC facilities should produce AT LEAST 7 things at that price, and if they produce less, they should be offered at 10 FC, NO more. You also shouldn't need to purchase 60+ FC worth of items to be able to make 1 thing. Tuna - you get it by fishing the 30+ FC big seacoasts and putting it in the 30 FC food preserve, and that barely covers 3/4 of ONE sandwich shop. That isn't right.

meacara
May 06 2012, 03:42 PM
And this is just me - but I agree with the other poster who said that we don't need ANOTHER tea factory to produce tea. ALL of the new tea productions should be out of the CURRENT/ORIGINAL tea factory. Did you notice why this was - the new one is a FC facility. They could have made the tea shop thing FC and had ONE FC facility this update, but they HAD to have 2. See how this plays into my original comment. When they don't offer levels for the max level players it makes them look greedy.

Tony D
May 06 2012, 04:03 PM
Posting in the New Release thread

Hi All, just a reminder that this thread is for feedback on the new release , not for debates/discussions about whether or not this is a free game or general discussions about Farm Cash.

We do have a thread in the General Feedback section for the feedback/discussions about Farm Cash

This is the link http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415554

Any further posts on this topic may be deleted without notice.

Dirt Paths we have advised the developers that some of the members are concerned about the changes made in relation to the dirt path.

Problems Buying Farm Cash The developers are still working on this problem, they have said that if you are getting the error message when trying to buy Farm Cash to click on the 'Buy Cash' Tab and reload the the page .. it may take a few tries but should eventually work.

Farmer_Susan
May 06 2012, 04:03 PM
You could go to your account on facebook main page and buy facebook credits usng ur paypal account, then go to farmtown and buy fc using ur fb credits

How do you do this? I've tried to buy Farm Cash the past 2 days for the new stuff on my Mac and my PC and keep getting a Farmtown error. How do I buy them through Facebook?

carolann43
May 06 2012, 04:06 PM
Can't buy and can't expand. Problem buying FC. Please please fix it.

daba3@msn.com
May 06 2012, 04:55 PM
would love to be able to send friends the new acacia tree but cant since slashkey wont fix the hacking error that exists caused by farmtown when sending gifts on myspace. This problem has been reported numerous times by many people but still no fix. When are the devs going to at least let us know if they are even going to try and fix it? we havent even heard that yet.

areakka
May 06 2012, 05:14 PM
I've been waiting for gin made from the juniper berries. Haven't you thought of that?

MadamePondarosa
May 06 2012, 05:26 PM

Hi All, just a reminder that this thread is for feedback on the new release , not for debates/discussions about whether or not this is a free game or general discussions about Farm Cash.

We do have a thread in the General Feedback section for the feedback/discussions about Farm Cash

Dirt Paths we have advised the developers that some of the members are concerned about the changes made in relation to the dirt path.

Problems Buying Farm Cash The developers are still working on this problem, they have said that if you are getting the error message when trying to buy Farm Cash to click on the 'Buy Cash' Tab and reload the the page .. it may take a few tries but should eventually work.

If it is possible, I have an idea; what if the developers made an alternative like this "Paths on top", the same way as we choose "remove space between fields" when we plow.

Then we could choose if the path should lay on top or not, and place other things on top. This would make everybody happy:)

Think about it

astradriver
May 06 2012, 05:39 PM
Hi on your facebook mainpage, where it says Home, there is a drop down arrow, click that and then choose account settings.

In account settings at left side of page click payments, there you will see an option to buy more facebook credits after u purchase them u can simply go nto farmtown and buy farmcashi using the facebook credits u purchased

{mod edit , removed external link, sorry }

LoreneC
May 06 2012, 05:43 PM
If it is possible, I have an idea; what if the developers made an alternative like this "Paths on top", the same way as we choose "remove space between fields" when we plow.

Then we could choose if the path should lay on top or not, and place other things on top. This would make everybody happy:)

Think about it

Yes! Or just a separate path that goes to the top while the others go to the bottom.

I am quite happy that my beach items no longer sink into the sand, the tables around my restaurants that are placed on pavers don't have to be repositioned 50 times or have a tree placed to cover up the fact a table leg is sinking. I do miss the ability to merge some items. Hopefully they can come up with something.

anglnwhite
May 06 2012, 06:12 PM

Tony, thank you for the post that the devs have been "notified" about the dirt path issue. I am one of Farm Town's biggest fans. I've played the game from the beginning, consistently been supportive of the mods and devs and believed that it was important to support the game financially for the sake of further improvement and development.

But to say that "some" of the members are "concerned" about the dirt path issue is a HUGE understatement. For the dirt path function to have been removed in the first place is an indication to me that Slashkey does not realize the gravity of the situation or the huge loss that they are about to sustain in both player membership and financial support. The fact that they did not replace the functionality of the dirt paths with another option before they removed it is a clear indication that they have no intention of implementing a substitute.

Farming, for me, and I suspect for many, many others was just the means by which I obtained coins and cash to build creative farms. By removing the dirt path function, this game has essentially been relegated to the level of FARMVILLE.

On behalf of what I suspect are currently THOUSANDS of very disillusioned Farm Town addicts, I am BEGGING the devs to please re-institute the function of the dirt path or to program a substitute QUICKLY.

Thanks again so much for listening to the players.

Sincerely,

Anglnwhite

MadamePondarosa
May 06 2012, 06:30 PM
But to say that "some" of the members are "concerned" about the dirt path issue is a HUGE understatement. For the dirt path function to have been removed in the first place is an indication to me that Slashkey does not realize the gravity of the situation or the huge loss that they are about to sustain in both player membership and financial support.

I totally agree... It wount be the same without the possibility! Me and thousands of others play for construction, not just hire/plow.

It will be the biggest sorrow if this does not return:(

*hoperfull*

Daisy-A-Day
May 06 2012, 06:42 PM

Mint Herbal Tea
Fruit Herbal Tea
Wild Berry Herbal Tea
Spice Herbal Tea

There is NO Passion Herbal Tea Lemonade listed in the factory.

bushhog
May 06 2012, 06:58 PM
can anyone tell me the harvest time on the Acacia Tree?

MadamePondarosa
May 06 2012, 07:23 PM
...doesnt work either because of the new path release...

I'll take game-vecation, this wasnt fun anymore:mad:

HelenJS22
May 06 2012, 07:26 PM
can anyone tell me the harvest time on the Acacia Tree?

1.6 days unwatered, so halve that if you have the sprinklers.

HelenJS22
May 06 2012, 07:30 PM
...doesnt work either because of the new path release...

I'll take game-vecation, this wasnt fun anymore:mad:

If you read back through this thread you'll see that the devs have been notified, so why not just give it a little patience to see if they alter the situation or give us a 'fix' for the designer farmers.

sgcmommy
May 06 2012, 07:46 PM
tree is in gifts

Molly Mew
May 06 2012, 08:57 PM
For anglnwhite, MadamePonderosa, and everyone else who has expressed concern over the disappearance of the dirt path glitch.. (yes, it was a glitch, not an intentional feature) please read this post in the feedback forum;

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5145734&postcount=45

As always, we will let you know of any developments. :)

Rob T
May 06 2012, 09:29 PM

Mint Herbal Tea
Fruit Herbal Tea
Wild Berry Herbal Tea
Spice Herbal Tea

There is NO Passion Herbal Tea Lemonade listed in the factory.

Hi,

Raul has mentioned in the first post that Passion Fruit will be released on Monday, we just have to wait until then :)

djshouse1025
May 06 2012, 09:49 PM
Would like to have ability to have facilities be at an angle.

sirb
May 06 2012, 10:44 PM
For anglnwhite, MadamePonderosa, and everyone else who has expressed concern over the disappearance of the dirt path glitch.. (yes, it was a glitch, not an intentional feature) please read this post in the feedback forum;

Thank you, so much for this post. I moved a palm tree today from one of my farms that I made to look like a resort and I couldn't put it back where I wanted it using the sand path. I was so sad there for about 30 seconds. Then I knew that others had to feel as I did, so I came here, to the message board to find out if I would ever be able to do the things I have been doing for years on farmtown. I read every post in this thread and finally came to this post, and I am so thankful, that someone is doing something about the sand path issue.

I've been playing since the beginning, when there was 1 farm, 41 levels and one mansion to look forward to. Very dedicated player here, and I don't speak up very much at all, but undoing the dirt path glitch, took the wind right out of my sails. Sounds so stupid admitting it but I don't know what I would do without farmtown and right now, I feel like, wtf lol what am I gonna do until they fix this problem? cause for me it is a problem.

ON the other hand I would like to say that the last update, with all the new tree/bushes, is one of my fav updates. I sure had fun buying all the new decorations. So thank you.

kahra01
May 06 2012, 11:06 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhh im so confused lmao. glitch versus non intentional... i figured it was a glitch.. either way, one of the most valued thing in FT it seems lol. :D

Jwebb
May 07 2012, 12:42 AM
That is the way we did our waterfalls, and trestles, and a lot of other things, the dirt path connection has to come back, who cares about picnic blankets when we cannot make waterfalls or put trees where we want them.
My helicopter pad never went under, and it has the helicopter on top. Please fix where we can have our dirt paths to help us make our farms look pretty.

I completely agree! Please fix this!

charlies4ng3ls
May 07 2012, 02:09 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for changing the Dirt Path back to it's original use ... you guys absolutely (((****Rock****))))

Tony D
May 07 2012, 02:15 AM
Dirt Path Changes

Hi everyone, the Developers have advised us that have changed the dirt path back to how it used to work.

Please let us know if there are any further problems.

sirb
May 07 2012, 02:35 AM
Oh thank you thank you thank you so much. I love farmtown! Yay

holla
May 07 2012, 02:37 AM
yep, its working again..just tried it out--you Guys Rock!!..:)--thanks

AussieGecko
May 07 2012, 02:41 AM
Thank you for fixing the paths so quickly!!!

Grumpa
May 07 2012, 04:19 AM
Dirt Path Changes

Hi everyone, the Developers have advised us that have changed the dirt path back to how it used to work.

2 days to fix what a lot of players thought was a problem with the game.

I for one can't think of anything else in this release that could be wrong.

Way to go bata testers and WAY TO GO DEVELOPERS. ;)

corogirl
May 07 2012, 05:28 AM
Brilliant TYVM :D

maggiel29
May 07 2012, 05:31 AM
Dirt Path Changes

A great response - everyone is happy again - or should be. Most paths/roads etc dont sink items placed on them and the dirt paths can be used as "blu-tack". An ideal fix.
Just one little thing - the Herbal Tea Fac is making me SO thirsty - they all sound wonderful - especially the lemonade one :D:D:D

StoneFace
May 07 2012, 05:57 AM
I am impressed...... I have been playing this game for 30 months or more... and this is the quickest "fix" I am aware of

Perhaps the devs, already knowing how they "fixed" the dirt path, quickly knew how to break it again..... horrah!!

Now, I will be REALLY impressed if the new upcoming train stuff allows me to buy big.... BIG... quantities of sugar and chicken.... the only two items I have to work hard to keep in healthy numbers.

thanks devs.... Where ever you are.... who ever you are... and how ever many there are of you.

maggiel29
May 07 2012, 06:04 AM
OK - Ive included a photo to show what I mean - but just a few points about paths.
1. About the Wild Flower paths. I have a car partially hidden in my photo and if I put the bike on the wild flowers it totally disappears but is OK on the other paths Ive tried. I realise things would look daft totally on top so maybe this is a difficult one. Maybe if the wild flowers were made a little shorter???

2. Maybe if we had a shorter wild flower ground cover it would work - more like a meadow with small wild flowers????

3. The dirt paths work fine "sticking" to the rivers but dont "stick" to other items like the rocky hill.

N.B. They also don't stick to the sea coasts - only the rivers and lake

Thank-you SO much for helping with this issue

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/530296_420343374651313_100000269619874_1504580_675 500222_n.jpg

1fritz
May 07 2012, 06:56 AM
Thank you for fixing the dirt path back to the way it was. Wonderful! You Devs are the best.:D:D

savgalore
May 07 2012, 07:48 AM
Guess I'm going to have to stop playing ft, haven't been able to buy ft cash in a month!

anng

HelenJS22
May 07 2012, 07:53 AM
Guess I'm going to have to stop playing ft, haven't been able to buy ft cash in a month!

anng

If you go to the link below you will find a thread with information on the problem. It is being investigated at the moment.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5123138#post5123138

christine21372
May 07 2012, 08:18 AM
I',m a little confused on the herbal tea factory...when I looked at what it produced and needed to produce I didn't see it needing any tea. What tea does it use?

Rob T
May 07 2012, 08:27 AM
I',m a little confused on the herbal tea factory...when I looked at what it produced and needed to produce I didn't see it needing any tea. What tea does it use?

Hi, This chapter in the Game Guide explains whats needed in every facility. http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=478002

christine21372
May 07 2012, 08:59 AM
I guess I'm just thinking that the herbal tea factory should use TEA!! I just find it odd that you don't need tea! Other then that I always love the updates and I have been here since pretty my=uch the beginning of FT days....waiting for flowers and all!!

kataltay
May 07 2012, 09:54 AM
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for giving us back the dirt paths as we know and love them!!!!!!!!

Taz D
May 07 2012, 10:53 AM
I guess I'm just thinking that the herbal tea factory should use TEA!! I just find it odd that you don't need tea! Other then that I always love the updates and I have been here since pretty my=uch the beginning of FT days....waiting for flowers and all!!
If you look at the ingredients of herbal teas in the grocery store (real not FT) they don't have tea in them either.

While I am glad the dirt paths are back to working, I would also like to see the stone paths reset too. It looks much better and only takes one to be able to set boulders around water ways.

marwahr55
May 07 2012, 11:18 AM
Thank you Devs for getting the dirt paths back as they were prior to the recent update. :) On another note, will there be any more "belt" levels for items like apples, lemons, cranberries, wheat, rice ... basically most items we use a lot of? Would love to increase the belts if possible. Thanks for an entertaining game! :)

ImajeanB
May 07 2012, 11:30 AM
I harvested the new Acacia trees this morning and can't find them in my storage. Do they get sold immediately or what?

nala
May 07 2012, 11:44 AM
I am with you Taz.. I am thrilled that we have a designing tool as it is better then nothing. But stone paths are just so much more versatile to work with. they don't get lost as easy and you don't need near as many to cover the same about of pixel area. I would love to have our stone paths back for the detail design work. Dirt paths work for small projects but for serious detailed elaborate design work that truly looks 3-d we need the stone paths to pull of those projects.
While I am glad the dirt paths are back to working, I would also like to see the stone paths reset too. It looks much better and only takes one to be able to set boulders around water ways.

In MHO for all its worth

Happy farming
Nala

ImajeanB
May 07 2012, 11:50 AM
I harvessted the new Acacia trees today and can't find them in my storage. Can anyone tell me where they go? Thanks for all the new releases! Love them!

lab lover
May 07 2012, 11:52 AM
I harvessted the new Acacia trees today and can't find them in my storage. Can anyone tell me where they go? Thanks for all the new releases! Love them!

when harvested they show as Arabic Gum in your storage

Tiger
May 07 2012, 11:54 AM

Hi there,

Look in your Harvest storage (from plants) for "Arabic Gum", that's the product you get from the Acacia trees

LoreneC
May 07 2012, 12:12 PM
I am with you Taz.. I am thrilled that we have a designing tool as it is better then nothing. But stone paths are just so much more versatile to work with. they don't get lost as easy and you don't need near as many to cover the same about of pixel area. I would love to have our stone paths back for the detail design work. Dirt paths work for small projects but for serious detailed elaborate design work that truly looks 3-d we need the stone paths to pull of those projects.

In MHO for all its worth

Happy farming
Nala

I used stone paths too but I am quite happy that I can set a building or table on stone paths and have it look right, or make a cobblestone road and have my car set OK without having to place a tree to hide my sinking tire.

And yes I know I will have to use twice as many dirt paths when merging but for me it is a good trade off.

Just giving the devs a different view point that some of us like it the way it is since the dirt paths have been restored to the old way.

anglnwhite
May 07 2012, 12:29 PM
Dirt Path Changes

I'm just so happy I could cry. Thanks so much moderators and devs for your quick response to my (our) desperate complaints. I will never doubt again.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ImajeanB
May 07 2012, 12:36 PM
Every time we get an update there is a huge debate about whether or not charging real money for things is fair. I don't care who you are, surely you are spending some money for something that gives you pleasure...even if it's a candy bar that you like. We all have our priorities...what gives you pleasure may not be what someone else likes. For me, it's spending a bit of money on my favorite game...Farmtown. I am thinking some of the complainers wouldn't be happy no matter what this game offered.

I agree completely...

maggiel29
May 07 2012, 12:45 PM
I used stone paths too but I am quite happy that I can set a building or table on stone paths and have it look right, or make a cobblestone road and have my car set OK without having to place a tree to hide my sinking tire.

And yes I know I will have to use twice as many dirt paths when merging but for me it is a good trade off.

Just giving the devs a different view point that some of us like it the way it is since the dirt paths have been restored to the old way.

Yes I like to use the stone paths as ground too - Im also happy with only the dirt paths being "sticky" - BTW just got them to work on the seacoasts but I can only get them to cover water nothing else.

LoreneC
May 07 2012, 12:52 PM
Yes I like to use the stone paths as ground too - Im also happy with only the dirt paths being "sticky" - BTW just got them to work on the seacoasts but I can only get them to cover water nothing else.

I experimented and was able to overlap a couple buildings and two rocky mountains. Also overlapped a couple boulders. Are you saying you have only been able to overlap water items?

Grumpa
May 07 2012, 01:27 PM
I use the dirt paths to mark out areas on my fields, rows or areas where I would plant specific crops. Using the dirt paths at the edges of the joining fields. They are still not staying on top of the fields anymore they go under them. :(

max_river
May 07 2012, 01:45 PM
pls give us the option with the dirt paths the old ones and the new ones that you just took away from us. if you do that you will keep all of us that us the dirt happy.. i like the old and i like the new. pls help keep us all happy thank you for everything you do for us..

maggiel29
May 07 2012, 01:51 PM
I experimented and was able to overlap a couple buildings and two rocky mountains. Also overlapped a couple boulders. Are you saying you have only been able to overlap water items?

Yes - I moved my rocky hills and things when I expanded a farm and I cant get them back now - I cant get into FB at the moment to fiddle though (it seems to be down here) - perhaps if I use the dirt path that goes in the other direction it might work.

amberdh
May 07 2012, 02:02 PM
Yes - I moved my rocky hills and things when I expanded a farm and I cant get them back now - I cant get into FB at the moment to fiddle though (it seems to be down here) - perhaps if I use the dirt path that goes in the other direction it might work.

Hi there. Might be because facebook is updating a few minor things. When you do get onto your farm, make sure "remove spaces" is checked in your settings(the wrench).

bruhelmboldt
May 07 2012, 02:59 PM
i'm just so happy i could cry. Thanks so much moderators and devs for your quick response to my (our) desperate complaints. I will never doubt again.

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

thank you!!!!!

Lizzie62
May 07 2012, 03:23 PM
Thank you so much for fixing the dirt paths :)

pelicn
May 07 2012, 03:31 PM

I agree!

But thank you for at least giving us the dirt paths back! The DEV's do listen to us :)

nala
May 07 2012, 03:33 PM
I did one project where i needed 60 stone paths to place an airplane in the right location so that it truly looked like it was flying not sitting on the ground. If I had to do that same project with dirt paths I am not sure I would have been able to. The reason I went to stone paths originally is because dirt paths were limited in there ability to gum things together in large projects. Having designed on other peoples farms I find the same is true. The design for a neighbour is tricky at best a bit glitchy and with dirt paths as my only glue I think I would not be able to do the kind of detail design work that I do.

My designs would defiantly take a hit in the quality department. I feel "I really" need the stone paths to do the achieve the style that goes with my imagination.

Thanks for listening.
Nala

campsoup123@hotmail.com
May 07 2012, 04:12 PM
I have also found the stone paths work much better for design work..they are quicker and easier to get the job done..please if you were able to restore the dirt paths please do the same for the stone ones for the stone path people..fair is fair..this is the only game I play also because you can rip things apart and redo when new things come out..with stone paths it is much easier..thank so much for listening to our pleas..

Deborah1979
May 07 2012, 04:41 PM
Kudos to Raul and the devs for the extremely quick response on reinstating the "glitch" for the dirt paths. It doesn't really affect me, since I have no creative ability at all.... :(, but I am very happy that it was fixed so I can still enjoy some of these incredible artistic creations that other farmers make.

My only concern now, is that this "fix" was kinda pushed to the front, and the "passion fruit" was supposed to be released Monday and the hours are waning. LOL

So, Raul, if you see this....Please don't forget about the passion fruit!!:D:D

Thanks,
Deborah
Happy Farming!!

susiefry
May 07 2012, 05:25 PM
Personally after playing farmville for years and seeing what they charge for things, we should NOT be complaining at all about Farm Town charging cash for things...TRUST ME!! Most of the tools and about half the facilities are cash and a handful of decor otherwise its almost all coins. So after playing a game where no exaggeration needed that about 90% of their stuff was cash, this game is AWESOME! I wish the expansions werent so much on coins but hey, at least its an option for coins too....lol
Thank you Farm Town: no complaints from me, you have an awesome game :)

Petuniaflower
May 07 2012, 05:32 PM
Personally after playing farmville for years and seeing what they charge for things, we should NOT be complaining at all about Farm Town charging cash for things...TRUST ME!! Most of the tools and about half the facilities are cash and a handful of decor otherwise its almost all coins. So after playing a game where no exaggeration needed that about 90% of their stuff was cash, this game is AWESOME! I wish the expansions werent so much on coins but hey, at least its an option for coins too....lol
Thank you Farm Town: no complaints from me, you have an awesome game :)

Same here..I was at the top..on the game you mentioned..plus one more of theirs..deleted them..and came back here...and..I am in agreement..No complaints from me...:)

LoreneC
May 07 2012, 05:43 PM
Kudos to Raul and the devs for the extremely quick response on reinstating the "glitch" for the dirt paths. It doesn't really affect me, since I have no creative ability at all.... :(, but I am very happy that it was fixed so I can still enjoy some of these incredible artistic creations that other farmers make.

My only concern now, is that this "fix" was kinda pushed to the front, and the "passion fruit" was supposed to be released Monday and the hours are waning. LOL

So, Raul, if you see this....Please don't forget about the passion fruit!!:D:D

Thanks,
Deborah
Happy Farming!!

Passionfruit is in the seed section of the store.

LoreneC
May 07 2012, 05:47 PM
Raul has added this to his original announcement:

Cedar and Bamboo show correct image when rotated.
- Passion Fruit new crop and Passion Herbal Tea Lemonade.
- Stone Path now also preserves old behaivor allowing you to create waterfalls and other designs.

Known Issues

- Right now the dirt and stone path have some mixed (old/new) behaivor, they are still floor level items meaning they will not overlap (sink) other items in them, they will always appear under other items close to the floor, but they will still allow to do some of the tricks designers used to create waterfalls, etc. That's the simple solution and could be a good compromise.

But based on user feedback we may decide instead to add another "duplicate" of the dirt path and stone path, they will both look exactly the same in the store and in the farm but:

1. One set will behaive exactly the same as before, it will allow the same tricks and they will not be floor level items, so other items may sink in them

2.The other set will be floor level items, they will always be under other items close to the floor, will not sink other items, and also, they will allow to put other stuff on top of them.

The downside of this alternative is that it can be quite confusing, having both sets of items in the farm that looks the same and behaives differently. We will listen to feedback and to the moderators feedback and make a decision based on that.

LoreneC
May 07 2012, 05:51 PM
Raul, I personally would not be confused by two sets of paths. I always delete them when I am finished designing, I don't use storage for paths. ;)

maggiel29
May 07 2012, 06:20 PM
Raul has added this to his original announcement:

Thats a brilliant idea - I also never keep them anyway - I would like to keep the stone paths under things but still be able to use them on top ditto the dirt paths. If you can call them something different so we can tell which is which that would be good

maggiel29
May 07 2012, 06:22 PM
Hi there. Might be because facebook is updating a few minor things. When you do get onto your farm, make sure "remove spaces" is checked in your settings(the wrench).

Hi Amber - I got back in - no I cant get the dirt paths to stick to anything except water. I see Rail has added anotehr note to his post though - Oh I do have remove spaces checked - most def!!

maggiel29
May 07 2012, 06:46 PM

Ok Im confused but it works - the dirt paths and stone paths LOOK as if they arent sticking and are under things like the rocky mountains, but you can use them as before as a tool to let you overlap two mountains.

So I am happy I can get my mountain mines back - Im not a great designer - I dont have the imagination but I like things to look realistic and love to see others creations.

I have to add my thanks to Raul & Co - this game is the best and you try so hard to keep us happy - thank-you

Here is what I mean.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/523872_420783744607276_100000269619874_1505984_381 261281_n.jpg

1fritz
May 07 2012, 06:58 PM

I agree whole-heartly Happy with the dirt paths the way they were. and the non-sinking on the others. Love it.

HelenJS22
May 07 2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks Raul and Co :D We are so lucky that you actually listen to us and react accordingly. Love this game :D

Zeeky Banutski
May 07 2012, 07:09 PM
Is it just me? Or did the "Production Chain" option disappear from the Harvest/Plow/Sow/Store planting thing? What's up with that?

HelenJS22
May 07 2012, 07:15 PM
Is it just me? Or did the "Production Chain" option disappear from the Harvest/Plow/Sow/Store planting thing? What's up with that?

The 'Production Chain' option is in the Facility Manager, not the 'seed' option.

Papi
May 07 2012, 07:35 PM
Okay - I'm the heretic here. I do not really care for the "sinking" fix. I think it slows down the interface and ... I used to use paths to define "sections" (if you will) within my farms.

I know it's probably a lot to ask, but could sinking be made an option? :D

HelenJS22
May 07 2012, 07:41 PM
Okay - I'm the heretic here. I do not really care for the "sinking" fix. I think it slows down the interface and ... I used to use paths to define "sections" (if you will) within my farms.

I know it's probably a lot to ask, but could sinking be made an option? :D

If you read back through the thread you'll see that the devs have 'undone' the fix.

AnnieH2009
May 07 2012, 08:27 PM
would still love to see a use for northern Pike And Whalleys Fish (-:

LOVE the updates but agree with the above - some of us old timers spent lots of Farm Cash on the Frozen Lake with nothing to show for it!

Thanks, developers!

Docperk
May 07 2012, 09:44 PM
Dirt Path Changes

I would sure like to see all those bad mouth the devs so hared even threatened to quit playing eat some crow and give the Devs the big thanks they deserve.

Thanks for all your hard work and always listening to us and making what is wrong, right. Your guys are the best.

thank you

nala
May 07 2012, 09:47 PM
I am with you Helen isn't it wonderful to know that we are actually being listen to. I have played other games and done other things in my life where that just was not the case. It is nice to know that we are appreciated as much as we appreciate Raul and the Team. Thats what makes this more then a game but a community just like farm life really is a community were people help each other to be happy in life.

Thank you again Raul and The Rest of the Team for always being there listening to what it is that we really want rather then what we say we want.. LOL I know we just sometimes don't have the language to say what it is we really want.

Thanks Raul and Co :D We are so lucky that you actually listen to us and react accordingly. Love this game :D

Happy Farming Everyone

Nala

AussieGecko
May 07 2012, 10:36 PM
I too used the stone paths as a layering tool as it covered more area than the dirt paths. I am happy they have returned the paths to have the glitch we came to love so much. I am happy even if that's the only layering tool we have. As I said before, I can live with that.

Some people did prefer to layer with the stone path as it covered a bigger area. Perhaps to satisfy everyone, a square path could be made to use as a layering tool. The dirt paths can then be made to sit below items again and EVERYONE will be happy......it's just a thought.

BTW Devs thank you again for listening and taking action so quickly. You rock!!!!

earlgray
May 07 2012, 10:36 PM
Post Release Updates - May 7th, 3:00AM EST

- Dirt Path now also preserves old behaivor allowing you to create waterfalls and other designs.

Post Release Updates - May 7th, 6:10PM EST

That is AWESOME!!! It's like we get to have our cake and eat it too! Woo hoo, you guys are the best. THANK YOU!!!!

max_river
May 08 2012, 12:01 AM
i am just wondering if anyone else is having a issues with i have my building hiding and they are hiding but when i am down loading my farms it is saying my building loading. not sure what is going one pls help

campsoup123@hotmail.com
May 08 2012, 01:15 AM
thank you so much for listening to us Raul and all the rest of the devs..it's nice to know that our opinions count and are heard..love the game no matter what!!