PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- July 7th, 2012

Raul
Jul 07 2012, 02:28 PM
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at July 23th, 7:15PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 25 New Levels: More than 50 items all in coins. Most fathers day items were moved to the fun category.

2. Farm 15: Here are the prices in coins (FC prices remains the same):

12 x 12 Farm 15: 15000000
14 x 14 Upgrade: 12000000
16 x 16 Upgrade: 13000000
18 x 18 Upgrade: 14000000
20 x 20 Upgrade: 1700000000
22 x 22 Upgrade: 1800000000
24 x 24 Upgrade: 1900000000
26 x 26 Upgrade: 3000000000
28 x 28 Upgrade: 5000000000

3. Belts and Dans for Facility Products: The next 10 Facilities (in order of appearance in the Store) now have Belts and Dans enabled for each product. With each Belt or Dan you achieve you will increase your chances of getting a "free" Batch automatically for every Batch you start from that point on.

Free Batches means that a new Batch is sent to production without consuming any ingredients or coins. See December 30th Release Post for the benefit % table.

4. Big Blooms Minigame: It's a flower watering minigame with Practice and Multiplayer support already enabled. As usual, you have 3 stages and you can go into Practice mode to play each of the stages and improve personal records or you have the option to play multiplayer with all your friends currently in the farm, in this case, the user who finish all the 3 stages first win.

The Goal of this minigame is to use the hose to water the blossoms so they can grow into flowers and be picked by the pickers.

5. Prodution Increases:

a) Freight Cars Benefits Increased, they now bring:

- 50% more Plastic Granules, Rubber Sheet and Flour
- 3 times (200% increase) more Flat and Mirror Glass Sheets, Corn Flour, Ground Coffee, Cardstock, Paper Roll and Pigments

b) Super animals now produce 50% more product in the same time frame, ex: when you harvest a Holstein Cow you get 15 milk instead of 10.

c) Animal Storage increased by 25%, the limit is now 125 animals per building.

d) Harvest Storage increased by 25%.

6. New Freight Cars: These new freight cars loading capacity already have the increase we applied to previous freight cars.

Long Sliding-Door Car: Brings you Cotton/Sheep Wool/Llama wool and Canvas Textile rolls. Linen Yarn and Linen Rope.
Long Refrigerated Car: Brings you Cheese, Vanilla ice cream, Shrimps, Scallops, Tomato Juice and Lemon Juice.
Long Tank Car: Brings you Petrochemical Barrel and all Inks.

7. Train Components mutiple rotated views: Locomotives will have 4 rotated views available and Passenger Wagons and Freight Cars will have 6 views available. To change the rotated view for a train component already in the farm just use the standard 'Rotate' menu option.

Red, Green and Modern Train multiple views are now available. Freight Train views will be available in the next release.

8. Electronics Components Factory (Coins): Produces Electronics Components. You can produce Silicon Rock in the Open-Pit mine.

Circuit Board
Speaker
Lens
LCD
Antenna
Motor
Sensor

9. Electronics Equipments Factory (FC): Produces Electronics Equipments.

Siren
Radio
Clock
Thermostat
Camera
DVD Player

10. Handyman Tools Factory (Coins): Produces Handyman Tools.

Clamp
Square
Hammer
Level
Folding Ruler
Carpenter Pencil Set
Tool Belt
Combination Pliers

11. Electronics Store (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Siren
Radio
Clock
Thermostat
Camera
DVD Player

Real people decorations (non animated) coming in the next release.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - June 10th, 3:30PM EST

- Red, Green and Modern Train multiple views are now available. Freight Train views will be available in the next release.

Post Release Updates - July 14th, 3:30AM EST

- People with locked trains that couldn't be moved or dispatched (even if the trains were unloaded but not dispatched again) should now see their trains unlocked and ready to move or dispatch.

This was happening mostly to those users that were hitting the unload button twice (like a doubleclick) instead of once (single click).

Post Release Updates - July 23th, 7:15PM EST

- We detected that the bug referenced above was still happening to a small fraction of people, this should be much more improved now.

We are currently monitoring the results of this fix, please continue to post feedback about this bug.

gumballs678
Jul 07 2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks Raul! Awesome!

pelicn
Jul 07 2012, 02:31 PM
WOWOW...playing all morning and come back to an update! Thanks Raul!

max_river
Jul 07 2012, 02:34 PM
thank you for up date

amberdh
Jul 07 2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks Raul :)

bagoshen
Jul 07 2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks Raul for the awesome update.

Texas Belle
Jul 07 2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks Raul and Co., finished buying my land now to see what else is there.... don't care all the upgrade and stuff are great so just wanted to say thank you, thank you, and now to play.

TribalCat
Jul 07 2012, 02:42 PM
SO excited to get this update! I've been checking here everyday.

Question:
Can we add new cars to a dispatched train?

maggiel29
Jul 07 2012, 02:42 PM
Been on here all day on and off - just came back not really expectign anything and here it is - thank-you - off to investigate now.

maggiel29
Jul 07 2012, 02:43 PM

Question:

Very pleased about the update too. Real people coming next time.

Once the train has been dispatched nothing can be changed until it returns and is unloaded.

mehere
Jul 07 2012, 02:44 PM
thank you Raul

FarmerWitch
Thank you!

servocrow
Thanks for the update, will be reworking my farms like silly!

:D

TribalCat
Jul 07 2012, 02:46 PM
Very pleased about the update too.

Once the train has been dispatched nothing can be changed until it returns and is unloaded.

Thank you!

Deborah1979
Jul 07 2012, 02:46 PM
:)
Thanks Raul!
Was beginning to wonder if I was going to get the update! Must be coming in waves. Oh, well. I have it NOW! :D

Just to verify....are the prices for Farm 15 or 14??

Looks to be a good update, provided I can work on my neighbors facilities now.

Thanks,
Deborah

TerriFlynn
Jul 07 2012, 02:48 PM

Question:

No, you have to wait till it is finished.

bayoubes
Jul 07 2012, 02:51 PM
Bless the devs and Raul, I am doing a Happy dance just for the rotations on my little trains. Now can really make my train towns look real. Love all of the updates. Thanks

InePine
Jul 07 2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the new goodies, farm and levels. Im very sad that there is still no faster way of working neighbors facilities, so I guess im just going to keep logging in from time to time for the decorating part of the game.

mac16129
Jul 07 2012, 03:09 PM
Thanks for all the fantastic additions.....game just gets better and better.....Keep up the great work!!! Thank you!!!!

krypto
Jul 07 2012, 03:18 PM
Wow - plenty here to keep me busy for a while - Thanks Devs!

Momma Woods
Jul 07 2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks so much Raul for the update. If we have the facilities required by the trains and place them in storage; Will they still show in fac mgr and function as the do on the farms??

Docperk
Jul 07 2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the update, just expanded farm 15 all the way and bought a couple of the new facilities, now its time to go play

Dutch85
Jul 07 2012, 03:29 PM
Thank you SO much for the great update! I was only expecting new levels and farm #15, but WOW! I am thrilled with everything!!!

Audrey45
Jul 07 2012, 03:39 PM
beautiful guys THANKS!!!!

blue nile
Jul 07 2012, 03:41 PM
Thank you! Wasn't expecting update at this time in the evening! Normally it's early morning and I am rushing about! :D

Rob T
Jul 07 2012, 03:47 PM
Thanks Raul for a great update :)

Docperk
Jul 07 2012, 03:53 PM
Ok, guess I am bit confused. I didn't by the train cars in the last update because there wasn't one I needed. Now I need the long sliding car. I have Standard Freight locomotive and I have the Textile and Spinning Mill on the current farm. The long sliding car is listed as just "Locked" if I go to another farm it tells me I need the Textile and Spinning Mill. I have refreshed the game, put the locomotive in storage and brought it back out. Do I need to do that to Spinning Mill too? Or what gives with the Locked?

psycho_mommi
Jul 07 2012, 03:54 PM
OH OH OH OH OH!!!!!! i was here earlier, and i went to take a little nap, and we get an update!!!! AWESOME, RAUL AND DEV TEAM!!!! thank you thank you thank you thank thank you!!!!! off to farm and play with trains!!! :D:D:D

rjohn726
Jul 07 2012, 03:57 PM
thanks for the cows

Oh yes and all the other increases to the production in the facilities

maryloushoe
Jul 07 2012, 04:07 PM
Ok, guess I am bit confused. I didn't by the train cars in the last update because there wasn't one I needed. Now I need the long sliding car. I have Standard Freight locomotive and I have the Textile and Spinning Mill on the current farm. The long sliding car is listed as just "Locked" if I go to another farm it tells me I need the Textile and Spinning Mill. I have refreshed the game, put the locomotive in storage and brought it back out. Do I need to do that to Spinning Mill too? Or what gives with the Locked?

I'm having the same problem as DocPerk now too
just moved the facilities needed for each car to the farm I want to set up my
train and now the cars are all appearing a locked - is this a temporary glitch?
thanks!

gffarmer
Jul 07 2012, 04:08 PM
Wow! Thanks Raul! Love the updates..new freight cars..farm 15.. cow milk and eggs increase!! People coming in next release! Awesome!!

el_gato_con_botas
Jul 07 2012, 04:11 PM
gracias sr raul

Docperk
Jul 07 2012, 04:13 PM

--
Well I guess that was what it was. I put the spinning mill in storage, brought it back out and reloaded the game and I was able to purchase the train car I wanted.

JaneMarple9
Jul 07 2012, 04:20 PM
Looking forward to all the new features :)

HubCityCarolinaBlue
Jul 07 2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks, Nice update, But I still want my Farm Cash returned for my missing heavy wool Animals PLease and Thank you. It has been 8 weeks already. Nice we can add 125 to the animal barns now. Please return my Farm Cash. Oh and I know they can't do anything about it here, I'm just saying, making/taking/and keeping notes. :)
Amelia

Orx
Jul 07 2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the update!

casunderman
Jul 07 2012, 05:21 PM
Thanks Raul----Been checking everyday for #15!!! I came home and there it was.....love all the new goodies we can get!! People next time?? That will be awsome! This is the only game I play--love it!

Rachel.Bluebird
Jul 07 2012, 05:22 PM
Thank you so much! I'm home sick this summer and Farm Town really keeps me entertained!

luvscats
Jul 07 2012, 05:23 PM
i am trying to relocate my trains which are on farm 13 and cannot do it...am aware this is a glitch...want to relocate to the new 15....thanks

maggiel29
Jul 07 2012, 05:28 PM
i am trying to relocate my trains which are on farm 13 and cannot do it...am aware this is a glitch...want to relocate to the new 15....thanks

Are you trying to put the freight train in storage? If so is it still dispatched? You cant move it or put it or the box cars into store until it has returned and been unloaded.

maggiel29
Jul 07 2012, 05:30 PM
7. Train Components mutiple rotated views: Locomotives will have 4 rotated views available and Passenger Wagons and Freight Cars will have 6 views available. To change the rotated view for a train component already in the farm just use the standard 'Rotate' menu option.

Currently only the Red Passenger Locomotive and Wagon views are available, we will launch the views for other trains next week.

There do not seem to be train tracks to match the 6 rotated views - i.e . diagonal! Also we need a "Y" intersection or and a set of points.

And please please put the tracks and other train stuff in with the trains section of the store.

LoreneC
Jul 07 2012, 05:55 PM
Nice update! Thank you.

I am still on the fence about whether or not to purchase the train cars.

KnightRider
Jul 07 2012, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the update, can't wait til I get back from the store to see what I can do with the new items.

sandra.l.huffman
Jul 07 2012, 06:06 PM
wow this is so Great ad Real people!! yaaaaaaaaa.... i was wondering it there was a way i could post this on my profile i get so many questions and i refer them to you here.. but they get hung up in the joining prose and give up... Thanks again for all the new stuff!! 8*)

maryloushoe
Jul 07 2012, 06:10 PM
got it fixed now, thanks!

crafty chris
Jul 07 2012, 06:42 PM
well this is a nice surprise im awake when it came out :D thank you very much :)

chelonia
Jul 07 2012, 06:58 PM
More train stuff - NICE! I love the trains! :)

Molly Mew
Jul 07 2012, 07:12 PM
Nice update. Thanks Raul :)

SunnyD
Jul 07 2012, 07:23 PM
yahoo I knew it would be this weekend.........thanks for the great update.. things are a bit hinky with the trains yet.. I'll wait till they settle down and i'll get mine.. love the idea of getting people to put on our farms.... wonder if they will be FC or coins.. hopefully they won't look too much like a statue..

kahra01
Jul 07 2012, 08:02 PM
Awesome update, thanks so much Raul and gang! Thanks to the Mods that put up with us.. cant wait for the little people to arrive! :D

al_bundy
Jul 07 2012, 08:15 PM
Thankyou Raul fantastic

looking forward to 30x30 expantions for farms 11 - 15 (-:

Hyacinth Bucket
Jul 07 2012, 09:06 PM
--
Well I guess that was what it was. I put the spinning mill in storage, brought it back out and reloaded the game and I was able to purchase the train car I wanted.

'reloaded' is the operative word Docperk. If anything ever shows locked & you know it shouldn't then reload the farm by clicking on 'play' instead of just clicking on the farm to refresh it, it has to be a FT reload not a farm refresh.

KnightRider
Jul 07 2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks so much Raul for the update. If we have the facilities required by the trains and place them in storage; Will they still show in fac mgr and function as the do on the farms??

Once you purchase the boxcar(s) you can put the facilities that was in storage back on your farm, they just needed to be in your storage to purchase the boxcars, the facilities that are in storage they will not show up in your facility manager and will not operate until they have been put back on a farm.
I will add so others don't get confused by what I have said above and try to correct me, even tho that isn't what the question asked. The facilities don't have to be in storage you can go to the farm that has the facilities and purchase the train boxcar(s) from that farm.

KnightRider
Jul 07 2012, 09:12 PM
I have noticed that when you go into the train details and click on train status it doesn't show the number of days left on the trip, it show "carrying" "to load", and the percentage done, but not the days remaining on the trip.

Hyacinth Bucket
Jul 07 2012, 09:22 PM
I have noticed that when you go into the train details and click on train status it doesn't show the number of days left on the trip, it show "carrying" "to load", and the percentage done, but not the days remaining on the trip.

Mine does, it says 'To Go: 29 markets in 2 days'.

BTW I do like the way it now shows which trains you have & which you don't when you click on 'show train details', the ones you don't have are ghosted, excellent idea.

KnightRider
Jul 07 2012, 09:25 PM
I know you were replying to a query but actually you don't NEED to have the facs in storage, you just go to the farm they are on to buy your train, buying the trains doesn't have to be on the farm you are going to put them on.

I KNOW the facilities don't have to be in storage. That isn't what the question was, she already had the facilities in her storage and asked if the facilities was in storage and purchased the trains, do the facilities show up in the facility manager and work the same as being on the farm, and I said that they don't and after she purchased the train she can put the facilities back on her farm.

JW2009
Jul 07 2012, 09:58 PM
Thank You very much for the update and the new stuff very much like all of this and thanks for the increase in animals :) awesome update :)Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 25 New Levels: More than 50 items all in coins. Most fathers day items were moved to the fun category.

12 x 12 Farm 14: 15000000

3. Belts and Dans for Facility Products: The next 10 Facilities (in order of appearance in the Store) now have Belts and Dans enabled for each product. With each Belt or Dan you achieve you will increase your chances of getting a "free" Batch automatically for every Batch you start from that point on.

Free Batches means that a new Batch is sent to production without consuming any ingredients or coins. See December 30th Release Post for the benefit % table.

4. Big Blooms Minigame: It's a flower watering minigame with Practice and Multiplayer support already enabled. As usual, you have 3 stages and you can go into Practice mode to play each of the stages and improve personal records or you have the option to play multiplayer with all your friends currently in the farm, in this case, the user who finish all the 3 stages first win.

The Goal of this minigame is to use the hose to water the blossoms so they can grow into flowers and be picked by the pickers.

5. Prodution Increases:

- 3 times (200% increase) more Flat and Mirror Glass Sheets, Corn Flour, Ground Coffee, Cardstock, Paper Roll and Pigments

b) Super animals now produce 50% more product in the same time frame, ex: when you harvest a Holstein Cow you get 15 milk instead of 10.

6. New Freight Cars: These new freight cars loading capacity already have the increase we applied to previous freight cars.

Long Sliding-Door Car: Brings you Cotton/Sheep Wool/Llama wool and Canvas Textile rolls. Linen Yarn and Linen Rope.
Long Refrigerated Car: Brings you Cheese, Vanilla ice cream, Shrimps, Scallops, Tomato Juice and Lemon Juice.

Currently only the Red Passenger Locomotive and Wagon views are available, we will launch the views for other trains next week.

8. Electronics Components Factory (Coins): Produces Electronics Components. You can produce Silicon Rock in the Open-Pit mine.

Circuit Board
Speaker
Lens
LCD
Antenna
Motor
Sensor

Siren
Radio
Clock
Thermostat
Camera
DVD Player

Clamp
Square
Hammer
Level
Folding Ruler
Carpenter Pencil Set
Tool Belt
Combination Pliers

11. Electronics Store (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Siren
Radio
Clock
Thermostat
Camera
DVD Player

Enjoy!

--Raul

Reported Issues:

- Sometimes you can not dispatch a train again even when you do not have another train dispatched already

- Sometimes trains remains locked even after you unload them

TribalCat
Jul 07 2012, 10:02 PM
Nevermind. I found it :)

It won't let me delete.

Docperk
Jul 07 2012, 10:04 PM
Nice update! Thank you.

I am still on the fence about whether or not to purchase the train cars.

I was too until they came out with the one for canvas. Kinda of sad though that I had spend that much FC and that is all I need out it... :)

gypsy!
Jul 07 2012, 10:10 PM
THANK YOU to the developers for the great release.
There were a few posts about buying the new train cars while the train is dispatched.

The answer given was “no you can’t you have to wait until the train is unloaded.
You can buy them. You just can’t ‘dispatch’ them. They will remain empty and go out with the train when you next dispatch it.

I think is great because one of the great things about Farm Town is everyone can play the way the want. You can choose to not spend the coins/FC until you are ready to send you train out or buy them now even if they stay empty for a few days.

The other terrific thing about FT is the forum and the game guide.
Thank you FT moderators – I always find help when I need it. :)

bayoubes
Jul 07 2012, 10:42 PM
Was just checking the 50 new items they said we got, some really good stuff. They have a Cancer Research building, even has pink ribbon on it. Thanks Dev and Raul, what a wonder building to put on our farms for cancer awareness.

lkarlson777
Jul 07 2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks Raul, Your Awesome, Love Farming :)

cindier
Jul 07 2012, 10:49 PM
Great update, thanks for all your work.. It would be nice if our avatar would move as fast in our farms as it does when working others...

Lizbetta
Jul 07 2012, 11:47 PM
I have lost all my bait please can some one help me!!!!

luvscats
Jul 07 2012, 11:50 PM
train was dispatched 3 weeks ago and i have not started it again...just trying to get it to another farm.

Valdoe
Jul 08 2012, 12:15 AM
I cannot rotate my trains... there is no rotate selection on my trains.

Also when we getting some new tools..

One tool I like to see when working neighbour farms collect all for each farm or for ALL farms.

Another tool I like is a harvest /plow and seed tool that will do all plots at once... it be a great time saver and encourage farmers to back to working farms again...

I got over 150 FC burning a hole in my pocket that I want to use.....

Tony D
Jul 08 2012, 12:21 AM
I cannot rotate my trains... there is no rotate selection on my trains.

Also when we getting some new tools..

One tool I like to see when working neighbour farms collect all for each farm or for ALL farms.

Another tool I like is a harvest /plow and seed tool that will do all plots at once... it be a great time saver and encourage farmers to back to working farms again...

I got over 150 FC burning a hole in my pocket that I want to use.....Hi, at this stage it is only the red train that rotates , the other trains will follow suit soon.

KnightRider
Jul 08 2012, 12:26 AM
I have lost all my bait please can some one help me!!!!

Do you own the Fishing Tackle Shop, it uses bait in that Service Facility. If you have that Service Facility you might want to see if that is where your bait is going. If you don't have that Facility, when you hover your mouse over your waters it doesn't show any bait, you can't look in your storage, bait doesn't show in the storage, you have to hover over the water to see how much bait you have, if you have done that you can try to clear you cache and history and see if that helps.

Cropper
Jul 08 2012, 12:33 AM
Love the new update! I'm especially pleased about the new train views and increase in animal storage. Thanks guys! :-)

Aussie Rae
Jul 08 2012, 01:57 AM
thank you for the update...and my train has worked perfectly since the day I bought it...just added the 3 new freight cars and its off on its 7 day journey again....:)

KnightRider
Jul 08 2012, 01:59 AM
Awh, I was really hoping for an update on working factories.

While you are increasing production...how bout the semi truck production. I bought 3 semi trucks and only own 1 of each factory. I should easily be able to maintain enough meats and leather but come no where near what I need.

I still have enough FC to buy the new factories so I will get them, but come on! Seriously? Please, I WANT to keep loving farmtown. I really do. I have spend so many joyous hours over the last 3 years. Please don't make me go. Please? I've hit the point over and over, but I love this game and I just keep hoping for that excitement I always felt when the updates started coming. But the facility idea has been tired out for a while. I know many still loved the new factories coming out, but I'm sure people have got to be getting close to agreeing with my by now. No more factories! I know as long as they are making money on it they will continue to make them so I may have been a minority when I got tired of them a few months ago. But its so out of hand now. Other people have got to be over the factory excitement. If I can't fit one of every factory on 1 farm, then it has gone too far. When are they gonna stop, when we have 2000 facilities? Yes, the factories was an amazing idea when they came out. It brought a new life to the game. Getting new factories was exciting for quite a while. But now its just getting so dull. The time I spend trying to keep my factories going, the hours I spend trying to work for other people so they will return the favor; more factories means more time focused on them. Is it Farm Town or Factory Town? Games die when they don't evolve. Yes, I agree we need new or I would have gotten board a long time ago, but you are using the same idea over and over and over again and so these updates are feeling like the same tired thing.... they are not evolving the game they are overusing this idea. And the trains that could have provided that evolution are only supporting the factories idea. Dull.

I'm still so bitter about the trains too. The train idea would have been awesome if it had some something different. What it does I seriously find offensive. So now what, they are going to start coming out with 4 cars every month until people have hundreds of trains on each farm too because their factories can't meet what they need? So much potential wasted on support for what we already have going on our farms instead of exciting us to the game again. But hey, if people are happy with that, whatever, I just won't put my money there. It was a nasty way to make more money off of us to get stuff we already spent money to get. And BTW, That was horrible to come out with something to make us pay a second time for items we have already purchased. Shrimp, scallops, tomato juice, lemon juice and petrochemical barrels are all things we ALREADY paid for. You should have just increased production on those items.

I still love FT, but as I use up the last of my FC today, I'm done spending money. I'll bow out until there is something that makes me believe the game makers deserve it again. I know they work hard, and they have given us a game that I have invested so much time in because I really love it. But when they overuse the same tired ideas, they are basically being paid to keep things update technologically and add different faces to the same ideas. (Gosh, those trains really did me in. Such an amazing feature with endless possibilities wasted to get something we can already get elsewhere.) I'll pay out the cash when they catch my interest again.

Ok, my rant being over I'll go ahead and throw out the positive things I DO like...

-YEAH again for that increased production on things....(please please please increase the semi truck items as well).

-I'm excited to see the people decorations. Those will be cool.

-I do often forget about the great work of the minigames. I personally don't get into them, but I appreciate the addition and will try them out once just to see what they're about. I've got no complaints about them. They are cool, just not my thing.

-Glad for Farm 15. Not that I needed another farm because I have everything just the way I needed it. But it was really driving me mad having that last row one farm short of being an even grid up where we click to get to each farm. I feel like its complete now. :-)

Ok, now I would really like to see

1)Once again, because its so bad right now... the "working neighbors facilities" issue fixed. Someone had suggested you set it up like our current facility managers so we can work it all right there. I like that idea. But something needs to be done about it really soon. Its a huge problem.

2) The diversification ranks actually beginning to come into play. We were told it would mean something when it first came out and still its just a meaningless number up there.

3) The quests to start giving us the occasional FC and product as promised (hopefully a high demand one). I like the coins but after doing pretty much a quest a day since they came out I'm tired of seeing say "eventually will give..."

4) And just another little OCD quirk of mine, when everything is full and things are being worked, you can no longer see your Best diversification rate because the production and done numbers are too high and it is difficult to click the filter for which facilities are shown in the facility manager.

Even though I have some pretty big disappointments in the game right now, I still play because I still love it. Thank you for a great game. And I am hoping that you can start updating us with some exciting features.

You said the trains are OFFENSIVE so how do they OFFEND you? I don't find them offensive at all, if people don't like them then they don't use them as with everything in the game.

Cookie01
Jul 08 2012, 03:05 AM
Thanks for the birthday present, Farmtown. :D

al_bundy
Jul 08 2012, 03:29 AM
Love the new train carrages

Vicky Vine
Jul 08 2012, 05:21 AM
FANTASTIC update :D

Still too little leather though ;)

knolan
Jul 08 2012, 06:04 AM
> We play the game with what we have, not for what we don't have. Too many people asking for more, at a time when we should enjoy playing what we have, which is a huge, fun challenge. Many games are still in the same mode they were when they first put the game out, w/out any upgrades. It's nice to see FarmTown grow as rapidly as they are, and they are focused on giving the players what they want, but there are a few players that don't appreciate what they already have, & they continuously ask for more, even before enjoying the new items we just received. I say, to those people who complain about everything, Enjoy playing for the moment we have, not what we don't have.

snow white 007
Jul 08 2012, 06:48 AM
I really happy again i m at top level 360 great feeling wow wow

knolan
Jul 08 2012, 06:56 AM
Is anyone else having trouble using the full screen when working on the farms? What can I check to see what is causing the ultimate slowdown affect?

eleflump
Jul 08 2012, 07:43 AM
i've had the same problem working in fullscreen with it slowing down for over a year ..even on my own farm. i've tried everything but nothing seems to help. hope you get yours fixed.
eleflump

artisanrox
Jul 08 2012, 07:56 AM
more levels and farm 15 YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Farmer Shelton
Jul 08 2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks, Raul!! I finally have a freight train that will be great for me...bring on the Canvas Textile Rolls!!

Sesselwill
Jul 08 2012, 09:12 AM

While you are increasing production...how bout the semi truck production. I bought 3 semi trucks and only own 1 of each factory. I should easily be able to maintain enough meats and leather but come no where near what I need.

I still have enough FC to buy the new factories so I will get them, but come on! Seriously? Please, I WANT to keep loving farmtown. I really do. I have spend so many joyous hours over the last 3 years. Please don't make me go. Please? I've hit the point over and over, but I love this game and I just keep hoping for that excitement I always felt when the updates started coming. But the facility idea has been tired out for a while. I know many still loved the new factories coming out, but I'm sure people have got to be getting close to agreeing with my by now. No more factories! I know as long as they are making money on it they will continue to make them so I may have been a minority when I got tired of them a few months ago. But its so out of hand now. Other people have got to be over the factory excitement. If I can't fit one of every factory on 1 farm, then it has gone too far. When are they gonna stop, when we have 2000 facilities? Yes, the factories was an amazing idea when they came out. It brought a new life to the game. Getting new factories was exciting for quite a while. But now its just getting so dull. The time I spend trying to keep my factories going, the hours I spend trying to work for other people so they will return the favor; more factories means more time focused on them. Is it Farm Town or Factory Town? Games die when they don't evolve. Yes, I agree we need new or I would have gotten board a long time ago, but you are using the same idea over and over and over again and so these updates are feeling like the same tired thing.... they are not evolving the game they are overusing this idea. And the trains that could have provided that evolution are only supporting the factories idea. Dull.

I'm still so bitter about the trains too. The train idea would have been awesome if it had some something different. What it does I seriously find offensive. So now what, they are going to start coming out with 4 cars every month until people have hundreds of trains on each farm too because their factories can't meet what they need? So much potential wasted on support for what we already have going on our farms instead of exciting us to the game again. But hey, if people are happy with that, whatever, I just won't put my money there. It was a nasty way to make more money off of us to get stuff we already spent money to get. And BTW, That was horrible to come out with something to make us pay a second time for items we have already purchased. Shrimp, scallops, tomato juice, lemon juice and petrochemical barrels are all things we ALREADY paid for. You should have just increased production on those items.

I still love FT, but as I use up the last of my FC today, I'm done spending money. I'll bow out until there is something that makes me believe the game makers deserve it again. I know they work hard, and they have given us a game that I have invested so much time in because I really love it. But when they overuse the same tired ideas, they are basically being paid to keep things update technologically and add different faces to the same ideas. (Gosh, those trains really did me in. Such an amazing feature with endless possibilities wasted to get something we can already get elsewhere.) I'll pay out the cash when they catch my interest again.

Ok, my rant being over I'll go ahead and throw out the positive things I DO like...

-YEAH again for that increased production on things....(please please please increase the semi truck items as well).

-I do often forget about the great work of the minigames. I personally don't get into them, but I appreciate the addition and will try them out once just to see what they're about. I've got no complaints about them. They are cool, just not my thing.

-Glad for Farm 15. Not that I needed another farm because I have everything just the way I needed it. But it was really driving me mad having that last row one farm short of being an even grid up where we click to get to each farm. I feel like its complete now. :-)

1)Once again, because its so bad right now... the "working neighbors facilities" issue fixed. Someone had suggested you set it up like our current facility managers so we can work it all right there. I like that idea. But something needs to be done about it really soon. Its a huge problem.

2) The diversification ranks actually beginning to come into play. We were told it would mean something when it first came out and still its just a meaningless number up there.

3) The quests to start giving us the occasional FC and product as promised (hopefully a high demand one). I like the coins but after doing pretty much a quest a day since they came out I'm tired of seeing say "eventually will give..."

4) And just another little OCD quirk of mine, when everything is full and things are being worked, you can no longer see your Best diversification rate because the production and done numbers are too high and it is difficult to click the filter for which facilities are shown in the facility manager.

Even though I have some pretty big disappointments in the game right now, I still play because I still love it. Thank you for a great game. And I am hoping that you can start updating us with some exciting features.

I agree with the part about slowing down on the new factories/facilities and expanding products within what we already have available. I would love to see new flower products in the flower shop; new breakfast options in the breakfast restaurant, etc. etc. etc.! I rarely buy the dollar facilities because I have no place for them and I don't need them. I would love to see some of the productions rates increased for the mines and semi. And if there is one new tool I would love to have, it would be an animal feed machine to increase (or decrease, however you look at it) the time it takes to get milk, eggs, wool, hair, etc. I've bought everything I need to make my farming life as easy as I can afford to buy. Thanks for the great addiction, I mean, game!!:D

Guldfisk Hansen
Jul 08 2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks Devs, for another great update :-) Farm 15 is already sowed up, and I love the new wagon that gives us more textiles. Thanks for listening to what we need in the game, makes it so much greater to play. And I only play Farmtown btw, going on almost 3 yrs now.

sszymarek
Jul 08 2012, 10:34 AM
I love all the updates, but on My Space we still cannot send or receive gifts. It has been since April that the sending gifts hasn't worked. I get a OPPS error message and then a message on my home page at My Space indicating someone is phissing my account. PLEASE can we get this fixed, PLEASE.

JuneRedding
Jul 08 2012, 10:47 AM
Wonderful update :) thank you all xx

bayoubes
Jul 08 2012, 11:05 AM
Is anyone else having trouble using the full screen when working on the farms? What can I check to see what is causing the ultimate slowdown affect?

Knolan, full screen take more memory on you computer because of the graphics. I too use to work in full screen because found regular screen was to small for my eyes. Used an old trick I learn many many years ago to enlarge the screen. If you just need to enlarge the screen, hold the CTRL key and move your mouse wheel forward till you enlarge to size you want. (don't know why, but your computer takes less juice to work than full screen) When you want to decrease the screen, hold ctrl key and move mouse wheel back. If you mouse don't have the wheel, you can hold the ctrl key and hit the + sign to enlarge and the - sign to decrease. Hope this helps, hate working in small screen.

Grumpa
Jul 08 2012, 11:56 AM

when you go to full screen right click and lower the flash to low. It has helped me with slower going.

Duck Duck Goose
Jul 08 2012, 05:45 PM
The ?questionmarks?" buttons havent worked for me since the last upgrade and still dont. I click them and the screen fades slightly white but never fully loads, forcing me to reload the game.

Where has the train tracks been hidden? I've looked and looked.
Shouldnt they be in the train tab or paths / ground catagory?

FarmerMcLashwood
Jul 08 2012, 05:56 PM
Train tracks are in paths/ground.... fairly near the bottom.... or do as I do... click Alphabetically and scroll down to the T's

123grandma
Jul 08 2012, 06:09 PM
I bought a Wool Shed, a Rabbit Hutch & a Chicken Coop for Farm 15. I then bought 125 sheep & 75 rabbits to go in them. The chicken coop I filled with gifts. The coop shows my chickens inside but both the hutch & shed show zero animals inside. I paid for them and really need the increased products they would give me. Please help. I believe I am linked to my farm. With the new FB I really don't know my ID anymore.

Tony D
Jul 08 2012, 07:23 PM
I bought a Wool Shed, a Rabbit Hutch & a Chicken Coop for Farm 15. I then bought 125 sheep & 75 rabbits to go in them. The chicken coop I filled with gifts. The coop shows my chickens inside but both the hutch & shed show zero animals inside. I paid for them and really need the increased products they would give me. Please help. I believe I am linked to my farm. With the new FB I really don't know my ID anymore.Hi, just checking,are you sure you didn't add the sheep to storage instead of the building ?

Docperk
Jul 08 2012, 07:35 PM
I purchased a Long Sliding-Door Car to send to my son as a gift. I got an error message that recipient has to have the spinning mill to use train car. He does have one and it did take my FC, but he has not received the car. We both have reloaded the game with no change. I am in the process of contacting support but I wanted to post it here too. I think should be able to send anyway especially since the Spinning Mill is a Coin facility. Hopefully they will get my son his train car soon or me my FC back.

123grandma
Jul 08 2012, 08:08 PM
Hi, just checking,are you sure you didn't add the sheep to storage instead of the building ?

You have got to be kidding me. That's exactly what has happened. Glad there are some around here smarter than me. lol Thanks for your input.

Mohena
Jul 08 2012, 11:55 PM
gracias por tan valioso aporte raul, muak dtb......

RFMad
Jul 09 2012, 12:23 AM

I usually don't comment on posts, but you mentioned a couple things that you don't give your ideas on what could be improved. Like the train, what were you thinking the trains would do? Why are you bitter about them?
What about the factories? What is your idea to make them better or what would you do instead of factories?
The game is what you make of it. As people are always saying, you don't HAVE to buy all of the factories. If you want only enough factories to go on 1 farm, you can do that. No one is "making" you buy anything.
I'm sorry that I "ranted" back, but if you're disappointed in the game, make constructive ideas to the devs. I know they listen - it may take a while to implement but at least they listen and produce unlike other games.

gillc
Jul 09 2012, 03:20 AM
Is 358 the last level as my thingy is not moving again.

Tony D
Jul 09 2012, 03:26 AM
Is 358 the last level as my thingy is not moving again.Hi, no 360 is the highest level now.

KnightRider
Jul 09 2012, 03:55 AM
I had commented on last months update about the trains. I'm not the creative type so I don't have a lot input as far as ideas, but trains could have created a whole new element- traveling to special feature places or something. I wish I had more ideas to add, but I am just not good at that, I just know when something is very wrong.

Right, no one is "making" us buy anything.... except if we want what we already bought to function at its full potential (which is what my goal is in this game and what I strive to achieve). I am the type that doesn't shop at WalMart because they don't deserve my money. I'd rather pay more and know that a company deserves my money than put it in the hands of a company that is only focused on the dollar and could care less about providing great service, quality products, and being socially responsible. I have never spent a dime on any other FB game, but I really enjoyed FT. I have no problem purchasing FarmCash for great items. I began having an issue when I was so wrapped up in the game and then they would come out with something great and then stretch it for every penny they could get. For instance- the tools to Start ALL and Load ALL. That was a great idea and I gladly payed for that privileged.... but they only did a few factories. You had to buy 16 tools to be able to have that privileged on all factories! That was pushing it. I began to feel like FarmTown was becoming greedy. I've been struggling with that ever since. Especially with how much they charge for the tools and factories. (count it up all the functioning items alone and see how much money it would take to do everything on this game. Is that really necessary? How many people just can't afford to do that and so have to miss out on such great features? That's not right. Make it a little more affordable for people...especially in these days.) And now the trains that are FC to get us the same products we should be able to make enough of on our own- especially the ones we've already purchased instead of increasing those productions in their original factories- I just see that as an ugly way to charge us for what we should already have. I want to keep playing, but I want them to deserve my money or I can't keep giving it to them.

For me, owning all the factories is important (OCD issue I think). Really, the minute I don't buy the next factory that comes out I will lose interest and stop playing. The idea of not being able to complete a quest on my own or not need an item that stays when you sell all your items that are not needed at the market would just make me not want to bother. (yes, I'm a little nuts that way I know) I want to be able to do everything in the game. That's why I play and that's why I pay money to keep playing. I don't have a problem with paying.

OK, bottom line, I know this may not make sense, but I really love FT and am torn because they are taking great ideas and breaking them up to get every dime they can get (which I see is greed- not innovation) and overusing ideas making it impossible to do everything on the game (and the factories are just getting boring anyway). Hitting my "moral" center and my "ocd" nerve are going to force me to give up the game. The only reason I ever say anything about it is not to just throw up my rant, it is that I am hoping that they listen so that I can keep playing. I need them to "earn" my money rather than "take what they can get" from me.

First, I do shop at Walmart, just because you spend more money on something doesn't mean it is better or they care about you, it just means that they are making more money, and the way you say "they don't deserve my money", why is your money better than other peoples money. Now back to the game, the reason they keep adding facilities to the game is because people keep asking for more factories. I asked the question about your other post, you said the trains was OFFENSIVE, so I was just wondering how the train OFFEND you, I don't think they are offensive, if you don't like them don't buy them . You also said "I began to feel like FarmTown was becoming greedy" and "they are taking great ideas and breaking them up to get every dime they can get (which I see is greed- not innovation)", how do you think they get their money to pay their employees for creating and maintaining this game, this is the only game that Slashkey has so they have to get money some how.

Tony D
Jul 09 2012, 04:15 AM
Hi everyone, please keep this thread on topic. This thread is on feedback on the new release and all views are welcome. Personal debates may be removed without notice.

aceyducey
Jul 09 2012, 11:17 AM
I have a question I can't seem to find the answer to. Can we add the new train cars to the train we now have in place? Or do we have to wait until we get further word?

StoneFace
Jul 09 2012, 12:47 PM
I have a question I can't seem to find the answer to. Can we add the new train cars to the train we now have in place? Or do we have to wait until we get further word?

Yes you can add them and move any train around on the same farm.....

When you open click to show the Train, only the freight cars that are out making their rounds will show as "active". Freight cars which you do not own will be shown in very faded images.

At the PENDING box (the option of the two status info boxes on the right), your new purchase will also show... but you will not be able to DISPATCH it by itself.... you need to await the return of the other dispatched cars.

maggiel29
Jul 09 2012, 01:34 PM
Love it all Devs - especially the new items in the store - the fish sculpture is brilliant! My friend has used them as whales - wonderful.
We do really need rails to go in the same direction as the new rotating trains tho - please.

GrandmaMoe
Jul 09 2012, 01:40 PM
So glad to see we'll be getting "people" on the farms! Thanks for the update!

StoneFace
Jul 09 2012, 02:21 PM
Love it all Devs - especially the new items in the store - the fish sculpture is brilliant! My friend has used them as whales - wonderful.
We do really need rails to go in the same direction as the new rotating trains tho - please.

I tried placing the Red train items with the new views..... I found that the angle views worked fine on the curves.... and since the curve is actually a 90 degree turn, it will only accommodate one train car at a time.

But we could use "Y" tracks and other track shapes......

and a Round House

and little people dressed in train garb and Hobo garb.

and

Farm #16 :eek:

Cinni-Mini
Jul 09 2012, 02:27 PM
Very pleased about the update too. Real people coming next time.

Is this why the new cars are Locked and I can't purchase them??? For example the refrigerated car, I am on a farm with a Fish plant, but it is still locked?

Tiger
Jul 09 2012, 02:29 PM
Is this why the new cars are Locked and I can't purchase them??? For example the refrigerated car, I am on a farm with a Fish plant, but it is still locked?

Hi there,

Reload FT and it should unlock

Cinni-Mini
Jul 09 2012, 03:48 PM

Thanks... That fixed it!

Tiger
Jul 09 2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks... That fixed it!

you are welcome, thanks for letting us know :)

LadyLen1
Jul 09 2012, 03:52 PM
Can I PLEASE PLEASE get help with problems playing game I have had for months????Up dates are wonderful sure would like to be able to play a game I have so much energy, time and coin invested in!
Sorry to do it this way but I am fed up!
1. no one sees facilities i post
2. have purchased all tools they just randomly disappear then I am told have to buy old ones before getting new one back
3. Had over 20 Mill in farm cash just gone after 3 yrs, I just got to 3 million again
4. production disappears
5. Work other farms don't get paid or crop
6. move item into storage wanting to move to other farm and poof lost in cyberspace
ie: I have all of a sudden 3 solar 6x6 plowers bought one, with other 6x6 tools but hey this is what I received.
This game sux anymore and no one cares that older (3 yr) players are being treated like 2nd class citizens. Just keep pumping out new stuff and rudely ignoring the players that helped you get where you are. Normal! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ANGRY!!!!

Tiger
Jul 09 2012, 04:14 PM
Can I PLEASE PLEASE get help with problems playing game I have had for months????Up dates are wonderful sure would like to be able to play a game I have so much energy, time and coin invested in!
Sorry to do it this way but I am fed up!
1. no one sees facilities i post
2. have purchased all tools they just randomly disappear then I am told have to buy old ones before getting new one back
3. Had over 20 Mill in farm cash just gone after 3 yrs, I just got to 3 million again
4. production disappears
5. Work other farms don't get paid or crop
6. move item into storage wanting to move to other farm and poof lost in cyberspace
ie: I have all of a sudden 3 solar 6x6 plowers bought one, with other 6x6 tools but hey this is what I received.
This game sux anymore and no one cares that older (3 yr) players are being treated like 2nd class citizens. Just keep pumping out new stuff and rudely ignoring the players that helped you get where you are. Normal! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ANGRY!!!!

Hi there,

I've had a look at your posts in various H&S threads. As far as i can tell you were responded to and did not reply. Perhaps you are having difficulty finding your posts and the replies?

To find your posts in the forum
1.Click on your name ( top right corner). It will take you to your forum profile.
2.Click on “statistics”.
3.Click on “find all posts by .....”. Scroll through until you see the post you want and click on the blue writing (link) to view it.
You may need to scroll down a few posts to find the reply to yours.

Farmer_Susan
Jul 09 2012, 07:46 PM
Was just checking the 50 new items they said we got, some really good stuff. They have a Cancer Research building, even has pink ribbon on it. Thanks Dev and Raul, what a wonder building to put on our farms for cancer awareness.

Yeah - I bought that one, too. Awesome update, thanks.

Majik Merlin
Jul 09 2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks to the Devs for all their hard work.

Just a few comments

I am one that does not like how the train 'fades' when it is traveling...can we find another way to show it is enroute somewhere? It would be really cool if it actually traveled down a track which would show how far it has to go...but that might be too much to ask.

I would like some way to tell me when it will be back (some kind of percent thing like the barns)

Is there a possibility that the devs might make a modification in the trains so that we do not have to buy EVERYTHING. Like the semi trucks, we can indicate what we want or need w/o having to pay for everything to be produced. Example, I bot the one car just for the canvas... I don't want to have to spend my coins to pay for the stuff I don't need.

I have other concerns, but try to adapt to various quirks in hopes that one day things will smooth out and/or be corrected. Just wanted to make a few comments as they deal with the newest creations.

Thanks again

luvscats
Jul 09 2012, 09:05 PM
When is the problem with MOVING my train engine and 1door boxcar going to be resolved...I want to move it to another farm but cannot. It is currentlyon 13 and I want to move it to 15. Also, for several months, I cannot see anybody on what used to be my default farm #1...I just wish things would get fixed before upgrades come up. It it very frustrating.

Majik Merlin
Jul 09 2012, 10:01 PM
Please help. I cannot find this topic in the forums:

Is there any way to retrieve the paths you set down under things so you can stack them? I have some under plowed fields when i set trees on them, now I can't get them back. Since the change, they don't pop up any more

KnightRider
Jul 09 2012, 10:02 PM
When is the problem with MOVING my train engine and 1door boxcar going to be resolved...I want to move it to another farm but cannot. It is currentlyon 13 and I want to move it to 15. Also, for several months, I cannot see anybody on what used to be my default farm #1...I just wish things would get fixed before upgrades come up. It it very frustrating.

If you go back to the Problems with loading Trains thread and tell them of your problem and supply a link to your farm so they can look at your situation then they can try to fix your problem. If you need information about linking your farm to the forum click the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395854

KnightRider
Jul 09 2012, 10:06 PM

Just a few comments

I am one that does not like how the train 'fades' when it is traveling...can we find another way to show it is enroute somewhere? It would be really cool if it actually traveled down a track which would show how far it has to go...but that might be too much to ask.

I would like some way to tell me when it will be back (some kind of percent thing like the barns)

Is there a possibility that the devs might make a modification in the trains so that we do not have to buy EVERYTHING. Like the semi trucks, we can indicate what we want or need w/o having to pay for everything to be produced. Example, I bot the one car just for the canvas... I don't want to have to spend my coins to pay for the stuff I don't need.

I have other concerns, but try to adapt to various quirks in hopes that one day things will smooth out and/or be corrected. Just wanted to make a few comments as they deal with the newest creations.

Thanks again

You don't have to have the train "fading" when it is traveling now, just go into the setting which is the wrench and you can stop it from fading. It does tell you the percentage completed and how much time is left before it returns, just click on the train and go into the train details then click on train status.

maggiel29
Jul 10 2012, 12:53 AM
I tried placing the Red train items with the new views..... I found that the angle views worked fine on the curves.... and since the curve is actually a 90 degree turn, it will only accommodate one train car at a time.

But we could use "Y" tracks and other track shapes......

and a Round House

and little people dressed in train garb and Hobo garb.

and

Farm #16 :eek:

Im with you Stoneface - but I think you may need quite a few more "Farm Town Tales" before Farm 16. ;)

When you say roundhouse do you mean a turntable to turn the locomotives round?

I would like tracks on the "diagonal" like the red train etc. (i.e. going from the north point of the farm on the screen to the south and east to west.) And getting picky :eek: yes the corners are really 90 degree turns - we could do with some curves - but I would settle for another set of tracks on the diagonal.

Majik Merlin
Jul 10 2012, 05:40 AM
You don't have to have the train "fading" when it is traveling now, just go into the setting which is the wrench and you can stop it from fading. It does tell you the percentage completed and how much time is left before it returns, just click on the train and go into the train details then click on train status.T

Thank you. I knew I should have just been a little more patient. And people say the Devs don't listen....proof that is not the case.

StoneFace
Jul 10 2012, 06:57 AM
Im with you Stoneface - but I think you may need quite a few more "Farm Town Tales" before Farm 16. ;)

When you say roundhouse do you mean a turntable to turn the locomotives round?

I would like tracks on the "diagonal" like the red train etc. (i.e. going from the north point of the farm on the screen to the south and east to west.) And getting picky :eek: yes the corners are really 90 degree turns - we could do with some curves - but I would settle for another set of tracks on the diagonal.

Yes, the Roundhouse would make for a nice optional building.... and a train station perhaps for the passenger trains. The Depot is okay... but it looks like it should be used in a remote area, like the wild west, next to the OK Corral.

Diagonal tracks would certainly be a nice addition, as well as diagonal paths and roads etc. There are lots of possible additions to train items that will probably come in the future.

As for farm 16, if the diamond layout changes to 4 across then 16 would make it 4x4. So I would rather see it go 5 across and 4 down... hehe. Then we could expect 20 farms or more :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mrs Mags
Jul 10 2012, 07:23 AM
Thanks so much for the great update Raul..I was away on holiday and found it waiting for me when I got home..:)
Quote:- Real people decorations (non animated) coming in the next release.
Yea!!...does a happy dance...You guys are awesome!!

maggiel29
Jul 10 2012, 07:55 AM
Yes, the Roundhouse would make for a nice optional building.... and a train station perhaps for the passenger trains. The Depot is okay... but it looks like it should be used in a remote area, like the wild west, next to the OK Corral.

Diagonal tracks would certainly be a nice addition, as well as diagonal paths and roads etc. There are lots of possible additions to train items that will probably come in the future.

As for farm 16, if the diamond layout changes to 4 across then 16 would make it 4x4. So I would rather see it go 5 across and 4 down... hehe. Then we could expect 20 farms or more :eek: :eek: :eek:

A nice station like the one in the Harry Potter films would be great - (actually that is Paddington Station in London not Kings Cross as the story says - Kings Cross is too modern looking now). One that as you say is a little less like a halt in a rural area.

jmdoda4438@comcast.net
Jul 10 2012, 09:46 AM
I use the" building with a tower" and it looks better as a train station I think! Love the new update, thanks Raul and team!!!!

maggiel29
Jul 10 2012, 10:36 AM
I use the" building with a tower" and it looks better as a train station I think! Love the new update, thanks Raul and team!!!!

Oh yes it does - thank you

Farmgirl1706
Jul 10 2012, 06:33 PM
Apparently something about that new addition today has caused a glitch with opening facilities and such. Severe slow down on everything and getting a connection time out error alot. Ive done all the suggestions so hoping it clears up later .

KnightRider
Jul 10 2012, 06:46 PM
Thank you for the alternate views of the other passenger trains, can't wait til the next release for the alternate view of the Freight Trains.

maggiel29
Jul 11 2012, 03:13 AM
Thank you for the alternate views of the other passenger trains, can't wait til the next release for the alternate view of the Freight Trains.

Yes thank-you - still would like an extra view of the tracks though so they go diagonal across our farms.

maggiel29
Jul 11 2012, 03:14 AM

Just a few comments

Thanks again

Yes we need tick boxes for each box car so we can select which items we want like the mines for example

Frances Farm
Jul 11 2012, 05:38 AM
I appreciate all your hard work. Every upgrade is an adventure! I LOVE the trains, I was raised on the railroad in Colorado. A siding switch would be nice, to enable a train yard of multiple trains. Also a asphalt/track crossing! I love the ability to rotate the train cars, NICE. THANK YOU!!!

Sandie Angel
Jul 11 2012, 01:46 PM
I'm so excited to hear there will be real people in Farm Town. Are they going to be walking around like those ones in the CityVille? Or are they going to be stationary people....like we place them to the spots where we want them to be. Either way it is good to know that our farms will look more real with the people. I can hardly wait. I hope we can have the people much sooner. LOL!!! :)

Sandie Angel :)

StoneFace
Jul 11 2012, 03:23 PM
I'm so excited to hear there will be real people in Farm Town. Are they going to be walking around like those ones in the CityVille? Or are they going to be stationary people....like we place them to the spots where we want them to be. Either way it is good to know that our farms will look more real with the people. I can hardly wait. I hope we can have the people much sooner. LOL!!! :)

Sandie Angel :)

Actually the notice of the people said they are coming but will not be animated.

nj farms
Jul 11 2012, 04:25 PM
Having trouble working neighbors facilities. Buildings or facilities won't load

Sandie Angel
Jul 11 2012, 04:58 PM
Actually the notice of the people said they are coming but will not be animated.

Thank You!! I can't wait. *Anxiously waiting*

Farmgirl1706
Jul 11 2012, 05:03 PM
I'm having trouble working other's facilites and opening my own . Get the cant retrieve error and connection time out alot. Also when i buy stuff on my own farm I get an immediate connection time out error. Hope whatever is going on is getting looked at. I've done all the suggestions including resetting router and what not.

Farmgirl1706
Jul 11 2012, 05:25 PM
Ok can anyone explain the connection error thing everytime i try to buy anything. I want to put some fence up and cant cause I get connection time out .This is getting extremely upsetting :(

bonita@gpcom.net
Jul 11 2012, 05:57 PM
Ok can anyone explain the connection error thing everytime i try to buy anything. I want to put some fence up and cant cause I get connection time out .This is getting extremely upsetting :(

I get the same thing every time I try to send gifts out. I don't know if they are actually going to any one or not.

StoneFace
Jul 11 2012, 08:20 PM

Well, they did say that some things were being released this week....

hint, hint, hint

KnightRider
Jul 11 2012, 08:41 PM
Well, they did say that some things were being released this week....

hint, hint, hint

I can't find anything that says it will be released this week, the freight train views and the real people decorations will be released with the next release, so am I missing something?

How are they going to do people without it being animated?

StoneFace
Jul 11 2012, 09:23 PM
I can't find anything that says it will be released this week, the freight train views and the real people decorations will be released with the next release, so am I missing something?

How are they going to do people without it being animated?

Actually, it looks like they "re-wrote" post one...

item 7 used to say:

so they have done that, and I betcha we don't get another release for about one month or so....

barbara nixon
Jul 11 2012, 10:19 PM
love the update but disappointed about the animal production..was hopin we were gonna get a way to up the production by producing feed..but i'll wait..maybe they are just trying to figure it out..waitin for the people for our farms that will be so cool..happy farmin ya'all..

kataltay
Jul 11 2012, 10:56 PM
Pardon my confusion and lack of imagination, but, why does it take a train a whole 7 days to collect its goods, when it takes only a tiny fraction of the time for a semi, with or without the ordering station, to transport its goods?? Compare the speeds at which these modes of transportation travel, and across the same distance (farm to farm), and please then explain this 7 day (or an actual "week") journey. Does anyone else think this is an excessive and unnecessary length of time? :S

Kathy813
Jul 12 2012, 03:56 AM
The pictures show that you can turn the train car to go left to right or right to left but when you choose that rotation you get a car that goes at an angle! This needs to be fixed so we can rotate a train car to the original orientation (like when we first could buy the cars).:eek:

Tony D
Jul 12 2012, 04:22 AM
Pardon my confusion and lack of imagination, but, why does it take a train a whole 7 days to collect its goods, when it takes only a tiny fraction of the time for a semi, with or without the ordering station, to transport its goods?? Compare the speeds at which these modes of transportation travel, and across the same distance (farm to farm), and please then explain this 7 day (or an actual "week") journey. Does anyone else think this is an excessive and unnecessary length of time? :SHi, they both actually take 7 days top complete the collection of ordered goods, the only difference is you can collect the items already produced from the semi at any time.

StoneFace
Jul 12 2012, 07:21 AM
Pardon my confusion and lack of imagination, but, why does it take a train a whole 7 days to collect its goods, when it takes only a tiny fraction of the time for a semi, with or without the ordering station, to transport its goods?? Compare the speeds at which these modes of transportation travel, and across the same distance (farm to farm), and please then explain this 7 day (or an actual "week") journey. Does anyone else think this is an excessive and unnecessary length of time? :S

It takes 7 days ...... for now......

Once the "BOOST" button is activated, it may be that others can either "work" the train, or we can add fuel to make it go faster..... or something else to speed up production.

I just need more chicken..... and more chicken... and then some more chicken. I seem to have plenty of everything else available no matter how often I post.

So if the semi trucks quadruple the chicken output, or if the "gift" chicken is raised to 200 (like bait), that would be great. Or perhaps a freight car with lots of cluckers on it.... and a processing plant to wring their little necks.. :eek:

Handy Sandy
Jul 12 2012, 07:28 PM
Since this last update, I have had a terrible time trying to work my own farms. Everything is so slow. I am getting very bored and frustrated with this game. It takes forever to work facilities on neighbor's farms and now harvesting my own farms. I actually get sleepy trying to finish all the work. I bought all the latest tools to get things done quickly but it still takes hours. I have followed directions given to speed things up but it doesn't work. Please get things back to where they were before the update or i'm afraid i'm going to quit.

StoneFace
Jul 12 2012, 08:14 PM
Since this last update, I have had a terrible time trying to work my own farms. Everything is so slow. I am getting very bored and frustrated with this game. It takes forever to work facilities on neighbor's farms and now harvesting my own farms. I actually get sleepy trying to finish all the work. I bought all the latest tools to get things done quickly but it still takes hours. I have followed directions given to speed things up but it doesn't work. Please get things back to where they were before the update or i'm afraid i'm going to quit.

same here

I know we should expect a slowdown with expanded farms, but I have had all my farms expanded to the max for some time now. It would occasionally be somewhat slow... occasionally... but now it does take so much longer to combine my fields.

Docperk
Jul 12 2012, 09:04 PM
I just noticed that it looks Farmtown needs to update its information that it puts on post about the game...

"Multiplayer Farming, Fishing and Factory game with 14 Farms, 330 Levels and 150 Factories, Restaurants and Service Facilities"

StoneFace
Jul 12 2012, 09:24 PM
I just noticed that it looks Farmtown needs to update its information that it puts on post about the game...

"Multiplayer Farming, Fishing and Factory game with 14 Farms, 330 Levels and 150 Factories, Restaurants and Service Facilities"

hehe.... did you not hear the news.... FT is now regressing and dropping one farm and removing 25 levels at a time at each release.... :eek:

the devs figured that the players had nothing to complain about, so they decided to give them something.:D

Sesselwill
Jul 13 2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks so much for the great update Raul..I was away on holiday and found it waiting for me when I got home..:)
Quote:- Real people decorations (non animated) coming in the next release.
Yea!!...does a happy dance...You guys are awesome!!

LOL, maybe my baby buggy will have a mom pushing it soon!

Nancy123456
Jul 14 2012, 10:52 AM
Sigh....

I broke down and bought the other three cars. My train unloaded fine and I tinkered with it's placement before I dispatched it. Now it is froze and I can't move it. Before today I could move it even tho it was dispatched. The developers wanted feedback according to the 4 am post this morning on the first page.

Tiger
Jul 14 2012, 11:06 AM
Sigh....

I broke down and bought the other three cars. My train unloaded fine and I tinkered with it's placement before I dispatched it. Now it is froze and I can't move it. Before today I could move it even tho it was dispatched. The developers wanted feedback according to the 4 am post this morning on the first page.

Hi there,

Once you've dispatched the train, it should remain locked until it's returned and you've unloaded it. That's the only time you can move it. It shouldn't have let you move any of the connected freight cars before, the only thing i can think of is that either some of the freight cars were not connected to the already dispatched train or that it was part of the original problem which has now been fixed.

jcassemjr
Jul 14 2012, 11:16 AM
Sigh....

I've never been able to move my train once it was dispatched. It must have been a glitch.

Sandy Mae
Jul 14 2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks to all of the devs and to Raul who is brave enough to be the one who tries to stay sane by being the one on the front lines!!! Love the additions!

Sabrinarose
Jul 15 2012, 12:30 PM
Thanks so much for all the updates, I LOVE FT.. have played since day one of the game. (years now) Im not into the mini games, and since the last upgrades its slowed the game way down .. but I LOVE this game and keep trying, it just drags tho. Wish we could still have the speed or ease of playing like before. Ive bought a NEW computer even, after re installing windows in my other puter. but to no avail~ just runs slower than before. So I checked w/some of my FT friends and they have the same issue. :( Do we know why? And thanks again, I appreciate all you guys do.. :) LOVE THE new level ty

Sandy Mae
Jul 15 2012, 02:56 PM
I have a problem with in the forum. Every time I try to find out what the top level is now. A page pops up and says I am not allowed to see that page!!! hehehe frustration!!!!

FarmerMcLashwood
Jul 15 2012, 04:02 PM
I have a problem with in the forum. Every time I try to find out what the top level is now. A page pops up and says I am not allowed to see that page!!! hehehe frustration!!!!

Top level is now 360

Big K Dude
Jul 15 2012, 04:37 PM
Does anyone have a really, really up to date listing of what all ingredients go to what, what trees go to what, and what everything produces and things you can use. There are some trees and such that I own that are not on anyone's list as to what they are used for.

Tony D
Jul 15 2012, 05:19 PM
I have a problem with in the forum. Every time I try to find out what the top level is now. A page pops up and says I am not allowed to see that page!!! hehehe frustration!!!!Hi Sandy, are you looking in this section ? http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487994

KatherinaP
Jul 15 2012, 08:41 PM
same here

I know we should expect a slowdown with expanded farms, but I have had all my farms expanded to the max for some time now. It would occasionally be somewhat slow... occasionally... but now it does take so much longer to combine my fields.

I've noticed the slowness and thought it due to the larger farms. I have found that if I hide everything - flowers, trees, bldgs, etc. I can work my farm much faster. If it still bogs down, I reload the game. I also hide everything when working friends facilities as well as having show animals while working turned off. It makes a big difference, but I miss seeing my neighbors' pretty farms.

chrisluvsanimals
Jul 16 2012, 02:01 AM
Can we get the "delivery charges" for each train car posted in the Game Guide?

carmen.small
Jul 16 2012, 12:54 PM
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at July 14th, 3:30AM EST.

Hi There,

5. Prodution Increases:

Red, Green and Modern Train multiple views are now available. Freight Train views will be available in the next release.

Circuit Board
Speaker
Lens
LCD
Antenna
Motor
Sensor

Siren
Radio
Clock
Thermostat
Camera
DVD Player

Clamp
Square
Hammer
Level
Folding Ruler
Carpenter Pencil Set
Tool Belt
Combination Pliers

Siren
Radio
Clock
Thermostat
Camera
DVD Player

Enjoy!

--Raul

- Red, Green and Modern Train multiple views are now available. Freight Train views will be available in the next release.

- People with locked trains that couldn't be moved or dispatched (even if the trains were unloaded but not dispatched again) should now see their trains unlocked and ready to move or dispatch.

This was happening mostly to those users that were hitting the unload button twice (like a doubleclick) instead of once (single click).

We are currently monitoring the results of this fix, please continue to post feedback about this bug.

Some of my friends and I are experiencing a lot of problems since the last upgrade. 1) When we accept gifts, some return to be accepted again, and are not making it to gift box. 2) Sometimes we plant and leave and when we retuirn there are no crops planted. 3) When attempting to work farms, we are getting multiple screens showing up. This occurs on our own farms and when working for each other. 4) Some of our facilities keep disappearing. 5) At times we are not able to get to the tool box screen, the missions wont show up, or have to guess where the green circle is to reload trees, etc., since screen does not load fully. 6) I also have issues when trying to work facilities for others, with the red circle not showing up to go to the next one.
Any help you can offer us would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

carmen.small
Jul 16 2012, 12:56 PM
Some of my friends and I are experiencing a lot of problems since the last upgrade. 1) When we accept gifts, some return to be accepted again, and are not making it to gift box. 2) Sometimes we plant and leave and when we retuirn there are no crops planted. 3) When attempting to work farms, we are getting multiple screens showing up. This occurs on our own farms and when working for each other. 4) Some of our facilities keep disappearing. 5) At times we are not able to get to the tool box screen, the missions wont show up, or have to guess where the green circle is to reload trees, etc., since screen does not load fully. 6) I also have issues when trying to work facilities for others, with the red circle not showing up to go to the next one.
Any help you can offer us would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

debzgiantfarm
Jul 16 2012, 02:04 PM
since the last update my farm does not fit on to my screen right its much larger it willnot let me see level or xpor even goto my first 3 farms please can someone help

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?fb_source=bookmark_apps&ref=bookmarks&count=35&fb_bmpos=2_35

link to my farm please check it out and see if you have the same problem

debzgiantfarm
Jul 16 2012, 02:08 PM
Any help you can offer us would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

i am having afew of them probs hopefully if i get aresponse i will let u know but noone seems to be able to help

Dutch85
Jul 16 2012, 06:53 PM
Only one of each train car will work at a time. Can I place more than one engine on a farm and divide the cars up between them so that each engine will have one or two cars hooked up to it? Will I be able to dispatch them all at once then?

KnightRider
Jul 16 2012, 07:59 PM
Only one of each train car will work at a time. Can I place more than one engine on a farm and divide the cars up between them so that each engine will have one or two cars hooked up to it? Will I be able to dispatch them all at once then?

Right now only one engine and boxcars will work at a time, you can have more than one, but if you separate your cars only one set will work. Hopefully in a future release they will make it so we can send out more than one.

Docperk
Jul 16 2012, 08:26 PM
I dispatched my train for the first time, it returned and I unloaded it. I finally had enough canvas to fill all facilities that require it, thank you very much. But now I want to dispatch it again and it the option is not available. Do I have to wait certain amount of time before I can dispatch it again? When I go to Train Status it tell me it is not moving any cargo at this time, but back on the Freight Cars tab the dispatch button is grayed out. Whats up with that?

KnightRider
Jul 16 2012, 08:29 PM
I dispatched my train for the first time, it returned and I unloaded it. I finally had enough canvas to fill all facilities that require it, thank you very much. But now I want to dispatch it again and it the option is not available. Do I have to wait certain amount of time before I can dispatch it again? When I go to Train Status it tell me it is not moving any cargo at this time, but back on the Freight Cars tab the dispatch button is grayed out. Whats up with that?

Go to the thread "Problems with Loading Trains" and it sounds like your data needs cleaned, just go to that thread and tell them what you said above.

Docperk
Jul 16 2012, 08:51 PM
Go to the thread "Problems with Loading Trains" and it sounds like your data needs cleaned, just go to that thread and tell them what you said above.

thank you kitt

KnightRider
Jul 16 2012, 10:26 PM
thank you kitt

Your welcome.

Dutch85
Jul 17 2012, 05:18 AM
Right now only one engine and boxcars will work at a time, you can have more than one, but if you separate your cars only one set will work. Hopefully in a future release they will make it so we can send out more than one.

Thank you kitt. I appreciate your help.

Majik Merlin
Jul 17 2012, 05:38 PM
Can anyone tell me if there are any bridges other than the little wood one over water? If so, where might I find them?

TIA

KnightRider
Jul 17 2012, 07:48 PM
Thank you kitt. I appreciate your help.

Your welcome.

KnightRider
Jul 17 2012, 07:52 PM
Can anyone tell me if there are any bridges other than the little wood one over water? If so, where might I find them?

TIA

I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is any, you would have to make some using other items.

Taz D
Jul 17 2012, 07:58 PM
since the last update my farm does not fit on to my screen right its much larger it willnot let me see level or xpor even goto my first 3 farms please can someone help

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?fb_source=bookmark_apps&ref=bookmarks&count=35&fb_bmpos=2_35

link to my farm please check it out and see if you have the same problem
Place your mouse pointer soemwhere within your farm and right click. From the drop down menu select Show all. Close your farm and reopen it.

parrot38
Jul 18 2012, 05:36 AM
I want to put a spare black engine into storage (did not realise I could not have 2 trains working ) but cannot move it can someone help please
Farm is linked

maggiel29
Jul 18 2012, 08:53 AM
I want to put a spare black engine into storage (did not realise I could not have 2 trains working ) but cannot move it can someone help please
Farm is linked

I had this problem when I had two of the freight train loco on the same farm - is your other engine still off on its travels? Although you cant despatch two engines at once they seem to be linked and you cant move the second one if the first has not returned yet. It moves and stores OK from a diffferent farm though.

Big K Dude
Jul 18 2012, 09:13 AM
Does anyone know of a totally up to date listing of what crops are used where, and trees, products, etc.?

Also, do any of the implements on the gift page do anything, or are they just decorations? Same goes for everything buyable when leveling up. Does this stuff do anything or just decorate? I recently started playing again after a prolonged layoff and was wondering what all has changed??????????????

Rob T
Jul 18 2012, 09:33 AM
Does anyone know of a totally up to date listing of what crops are used where, and trees, products, etc.?

Also, do any of the implements on the gift page do anything, or are they just decorations? Same goes for everything buyable when leveling up. Does this stuff do anything or just decorate? I recently started playing again after a prolonged layoff and was wondering what all has changed??????????????

Hi, the following thread in the game guide should help with all ingredients. http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483442

All the implements on the gift page are decorations only.

parrot38
Jul 18 2012, 12:04 PM
Thankyou for answering I have tried that but still nothing happened will try again when the other one has finished

Farmgirl1706
Jul 18 2012, 02:11 PM
Ill be happy when i can turn my freight train in other directions so i can have room to have more cars on it.

Aussie Rae
Jul 18 2012, 08:36 PM
my freight train has all the carriages attached, is off on another journey, I have checked the box in preferences to make it transparent when dispatched but that has just not happened..am not too worried but am wondering if that option is no longer available? I like it as I know the train is in use...the train has worked perfectly since day one, ty

Grumpa
Jul 18 2012, 09:14 PM
my freight train has all the carriages attached, is off on another journey, I have checked the box in preferences to make it transparent when dispatched but that has just not happened..am not too worried but am wondering if that option is no longer available? I like it as I know the train is in use...the train has worked perfectly since day one, ty

I have had the same problem. Sometimes it will go transparent, and sometimes it won't. Right now it did go transparent.

Majik Merlin
Jul 19 2012, 07:03 PM
I'm sorry if i'm off topic here, but don't know where to ask this.

I'm losing crops .. not too happy about it either.

just now I harvested 1200 broccoli that were fertilized and they are not in my storage.

A couple days ago, I did about 3000 wheat and NOTHING in my storage.

This is getting pretty frustrating.... I logged off, did the cookies/cache thing and still NOTHING

maggiel29
Jul 20 2012, 01:44 AM

just now I harvested 1200 broccoli that were fertilized and they are not in my storage.

This is getting pretty frustrating.... I logged off, did the cookies/cache thing and still NOTHING

This problem appears to have been going on for a while - there is a thread under Help and Support. But have you checked the date and time are correct on your computer as this has a bearing on things.

StoneFace
Jul 20 2012, 06:41 AM
This problem appears to have been going on for a while - there is a thread under Help and Support. But have you checked the date and time are correct on your computer as this has a bearing on things.

yes it has been a reoccurring issue. A number of months ago my "feeder farm" lost 400,000 onions from inventory. !!! It took a while to built that inventory, and it was gone overnight... boo, hiss.

maggiel29
Jul 20 2012, 06:54 AM
yes it has been a reoccurring issue. A number of months ago my "feeder farm" lost 400,000 onions from inventory. !!! It took a while to built that inventory, and it was gone overnight... boo, hiss.

Oh dear - Im sure Ive had it happen to me - not that much - but I have noticed I dont have enough to fill my facs when Im sure it was there before! I havent checked figures tho. I thought it might improve when they said the storage limits had been increased - clearly not.

Mrs Mags
Jul 20 2012, 08:03 AM
Just a question if I may please.....isn't it about time this thread was closed...:D:D:D

Dutch85
Jul 20 2012, 08:58 AM

I had this problem a few weeks ago. I was harvesting wheat and it wasn't going to my storage. Tiger Laybourne suggested I turn my computer off and restart my router/modem and that fixed the problem. Hope this helps you :)

StoneFace
Jul 20 2012, 09:29 AM
Just a question if I may please.....isn't it about time this thread was closed...:D:D:D

oh my
oh my
OH MY

don't put me in panic mode...... next thing I know I will have to consider..... and I only say consider .... a story to bide the time while we await the next release which should/could include:

Multiple views for all trains

More train buildings

Activation of the train "Boost"

expansion of farms 11-15 to the 30x30 size

and maybe more crops and use for the crops we already have.

oh... and all the Lil Peeps to run ( I mean stand still ) on our farms.

oh... and more levels, and farm #16 (actual or at least the mention of them "coming in the next release" )

and of course the usual offering of both coin and Farmca$h facilities and tools.

:eek:

krypto
Jul 20 2012, 10:20 AM

We have preferences available? Where have I been and where is that located? I can't find it anywhere :eek:

FarmerMcLashwood
Jul 20 2012, 12:15 PM
We have preferences available? Where have I been and where is that located? I can't find it anywhere :eek:

Your preferences are in the wrench type tool on the top of the righthand side of your ft page. the same one where you hide trees/flowers etc.,

krypto
Jul 20 2012, 12:43 PM
Your preferences are in the wrench type tool on the top of the righthand side of your ft page. the same one where you hide trees/flowers etc.,

Thank you :D And, of course, just as soon as you remind me of that - I NOW can recall that being mentioned in another post.

M is for memory....I forget what comes next :o

Petuniaflower
Jul 20 2012, 01:31 PM
Thank you :D And, of course, just as soon as you remind me of that - I NOW can recall that being mentioned in another post.

M is for memory....I forget what comes next :o

Your not alone.........:rolleyes:....It takes me only seconds to forget.....When I returned to Farm Town..after..giving it a vacation...I forgot...where to go..for performance's...plus...I was embarrassed..harvesting a neighors farm..when I didn't realize..you could hide flowers and trees...:eek:..So..I say nothing..to anyone...who runs into problems..AS I AM ONE OF THE GAMES WORSE DIM-WITTS...

Mrs Mags
Jul 20 2012, 04:58 PM
oh my
oh my
OH MY

don't put me in panic mode...... next thing I know I will have to consider..... and I only say consider .... a story to bide the time while we await the next release which should/could include:

Multiple views for all trains

More train buildings

Activation of the train "Boost"

expansion of farms 11-15 to the 30x30 size

and maybe more crops and use for the crops we already have.

oh... and all the Lil Peeps to run ( I mean stand still ) on our farms.

oh... and more levels, and farm #16 (actual or at least the mention of them "coming in the next release" )

and of course the usual offering of both coin and Farmca$h facilities and tools.

:eek:

Yep!! all that and more :D:D:D

KnightRider
Jul 20 2012, 05:19 PM

It is only been 13 days since the last one (7/7 and today is 7/20), so there is at least a week or a week and a half before it is closed, maybe longer.

Mrs Mags
Jul 20 2012, 07:12 PM
It is only been 13 days since the last one (7/7 and today is 7/20), so there is at least a week or a week and a half before it is closed, maybe longer.

True Kitt...but you can't blame a Gal for trying...:D:D:D

ziggyzoomba
Jul 21 2012, 07:40 AM
So, how many levels are there now total?

Thanks in advance...

Farmer DeDe
Jul 21 2012, 09:14 AM
There are 360 levels..

loveko2
Jul 21 2012, 11:37 AM
hope you can enable that not only one farm can have the freight train & that one train is independent from the other.:)

See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at July 14th, 3:30AM EST.

Hi There,

5. Prodution Increases:

Circuit Board
Speaker
Lens
LCD
Antenna
Motor
Sensor

Siren
Radio
Clock
Thermostat
Camera
DVD Player

Clamp
Square
Hammer
Level
Folding Ruler
Carpenter Pencil Set
Tool Belt
Combination Pliers

Siren
Radio
Clock
Thermostat
Camera
DVD Player

Enjoy!

--Raul

Ellen Betty Nelson
Jul 21 2012, 12:02 PM
Somewhere. [A while back]..I did see a list of how many of each item it took to fill all factories. Does anyone know where I can find it again?
Like how many strawberries I need to have in storage to fill all of my factories at once. I do know that several items are used in different factories, but this list includes the amount that is used for all factories. We have had a lot of new produce added to our inventory since I got that list, and would like to up-date it.
Thank you

Thanks to the developers for all of the new things and I am very happy to have something to do. New toys are fun, but old ones that work great and have occasional up-dates, well, when you don't have to learn how a new toy works or the rules for it, is just 'Wondermus'

KnightRider
Jul 21 2012, 12:36 PM
Somewhere. [A while back]..I did see a list of how many of each item it took to fill all factories. Does anyone know where I can find it again?
Like how many strawberries I need to have in storage to fill all of my factories at once. I do know that several items are used in different factories, but this list includes the amount that is used for all factories. We have had a lot of new produce added to our inventory since I got that list, and would like to up-date it.
Thank you

Thanks to the developers for all of the new things and I am very happy to have something to do. New toys are fun, but old ones that work great and have occasional up-dates, well, when you don't have to learn how a new toy works or the rules for it, is just 'Wondermus'

Try in the Social forum under the thread Farm Town Data Sheets, those should be what you want and there is several of them, don't know if they are up to date tho.

Majik Merlin
Jul 21 2012, 03:03 PM
Speaking of "M" for memory, can someone settle a small dispute.

If one owns multiples of a factory (On separate farms) Does each one earn the cycle of dans, or do they combine as one in the ladder?

Tony D
Jul 21 2012, 03:08 PM
Speaking of "M" for memory, can someone settle a small dispute.

If one owns multiples of a factory (On separate farms) Does each one earn the cycle of dans, or do they combine as one in the ladder?Hi, Dans are achieved through the total number of products made. So the total produced in all facilities would count towards the one level.

StoneFace
Jul 21 2012, 03:36 PM
Hi, Dans are achieved through the total number of products made. So the total produced in all facilities would count towards the one level.

yeah, you get there twice (or thrice) as fast....

I would like to see Dan levels 7-12... so for grins.

also...

When I opened the facility manager to reload items, it was so slow that I could actually see the % number often hit 103, or 107, or whatever just for a brief split second, then register 100%. Kinda cool I guess.

jkmyer
Jul 23 2012, 09:27 AM
I have a sort of a problem on my farm one, we plowed( husband does my work) at least 4 times between us was still had wasted celery so I bulldozed the whole farm and plowed and planted grapes when I reopened it I had a stacked field one with grapes and one harvested fields. So checked husbands computer and had grapes, plowed fields with 3 fields of tomatoes in the middle. So I harvested tomatoes plowed and planted raspberries will see what 2 hrs brings.

jkmyer
Jul 23 2012, 01:41 PM
OK it is later and I harvested my grapes and celery plowed and closed my farmtown. When I opened it the grapes were gone but I still had the celery and harvested fields so i harvested the celery plowed both sets and planted celery and black beans i did irrigate them so will see in a couple of hrs, I did note how many black beans and celery i have. does anyone know what i have done to create this?

ps i did havest my 3 raspberries also.

debzgiantfarm
Jul 23 2012, 02:09 PM
hiya why cant i but my long 2 door boxcar and the long sliding door car

KnightRider
Jul 23 2012, 04:05 PM
hiya why cant i but my long 2 door boxcar and the long sliding door car

Do you have the needed facilities on the current farm you are on or in you storage, if so and it shows locked, then just reload Farm Town by either clicking on the tab that says "Play", click on the browser refresh button, or close your browser and reopen and load Farm Town.

Penelope Fielding
Jul 23 2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks Raul! Awesome!

The link on your post takes one back to their own farm! I have seen my farms every day, and think they a very well done, sure would love to see yours!:)

Docperk
Jul 24 2012, 09:37 PM
Wow this the shortest thread we have had on new releases, the next shortest is 254. Guess this release has gone pretty well, surely it is about time for the next release. The Devs should have plenty of time to work on it cause they have not had to fix to many problems with this one. That should be a good reason to give the DEVS a big BRAVO!

Bring on the next release.

StoneFace
Jul 25 2012, 06:45 AM
Wow this the shortest thread we have had on new releases, the next shortest is 254. Guess this release has gone pretty well, surely it is about time for the next release. The Devs should have plenty of time to work on it cause they have not had to fix to many problems with this one. That should be a good reason to give the DEVS a big BRAVO!

I am okay with that......

Farm #16,
lots more freight cars as long as one carries chicken....
multiple trains (like semi trucks),....
little people with well-behaved kids.....
new views for the Dairy Plant, Confectionery, and a few other buildings...
more levels for those who need more Farm Cash....
new Christmas stuff... (gotta ask early ya know)...

HelenJS22
Jul 25 2012, 07:39 AM
Hiya Raul, I'm just back from holidays and you got me this time - I have been enticed into buying a freight train - just a little one mind you, but I set it up on my farm and the whole thing worked perfectly :D

As per usual, you waited until the day I left before releasing the update ..... sooooooo ..... if I go away again could you please update some of our tools. I have to run a business here as well as play Farm Town. I have a 'work' screen and a 'fun' screen, but with farm town taking up so much time now to get everything done, I fear I spend a little too much time on the 'fun' screen :( I have come back to 14 farms loaded down with gazillions of trees and flowers all in bloom and fruit, and I really, really, really neeeeeeeeeed a one click per farm harvester for all of the work.

Yeah, I know I should be able to hire some one to do it for me, but those from the market really don't seem to do it very thoroughly and I have to go around cleaning up anyway :( and my neighbours who used to like to do it have now got so much work on their own farms, that we tend not to hire as much these days.

You could fix this by giving us the one click tools for flowers, trees and neighbouring facilities :D :D :D I'd even pay hard earned farm cash for them and the neighbours who are hanging out for a quicker way of doing it would come back to their farms.

OK, Tony will be on my case for being 'off topic' sooooo, thank you for this update, and for the promised little people for our farms. So looking forward to them ... and for my freight train to come home again :)

Mrs Mags
Jul 25 2012, 08:32 AM

Oh yes please!! Bring on the next release...Real people ...Yea!!

famer charlie
Jul 25 2012, 08:55 PM
is anybody having trouble working on factorys im am keeps saying connection to sever time out

Tiger
Jul 26 2012, 08:45 AM
is anybody having trouble working on factorys im am keeps saying connection to sever time out

Hi there,

Have you tried the trouble shooting tips in the 1st post of the following link? If not try those........
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393882

ghostkitten
Jul 26 2012, 10:00 AM
gosh it seems like forever since the last release.....But not even 3 weeks.....sigh....:rolleyes:

Grumpa
Jul 26 2012, 04:36 PM
gosh it seems like forever since the last release.....But not even 3 weeks.....sigh....:rolleyes:

Time seams to be going slower when there are no problems to get one wound up about.

I rather have the NO problems then the PROBLEMS any time.

carol0
Jul 26 2012, 05:37 PM
I have a friend that was level 39, almost 40. She had been working towards buying 8 long haired sheep for her farm. This last upgrade moved that goal up 10 levels so that you have to be level 50 to buy them. She thinks that you are trying to make it harder for new players to get anywhere, and I tend to agree with her. I have been playing a LONG time now, and I would not like to start out again. It doesn't seem fair to the players that are almost to a goal, and then have it jerked back. She was so close, and in fact made level 40 the day it was released. She went to buy her sheep, and couldn't.

StoneFace
Jul 26 2012, 06:20 PM
I have a friend that was level 39, almost 40. She had been working towards buying 8 long haired sheep for her farm. This last upgrade moved that goal up 10 levels so that you have to be level 50 to buy them. She thinks that you are trying to make it harder for new players to get anywhere, and I tend to agree with her. I have been playing a LONG time now, and I would not like to start out again. It doesn't seem fair to the players that are almost to a goal, and then have it jerked back. She was so close, and in fact made level 40 the day it was released. She went to buy her sheep, and couldn't.

wow.... I think that the complete opposite is true. It used to be so hard.... yeah, HARD to make money and points....

one patch at a time... plow

one patch at a time... seed

one patch at a time... harvest

and the Red Mansion, at $1 million, was the height of accomplishment !!

Now we can spend $1million just planting a day's crops on multiple farms.

In a slow, very slow week, when I just work some neighbors facilities and maybe post once at most, I make over half a billion.

I would suggest that your friend plant acorn squash for the big coin... and then buy a bunch of Red Windmills and then just sell them.... 10 levels in no time.

The only thing hard about this game is accumulating free farm Cash. lol

KnightRider
Jul 26 2012, 06:24 PM

According to the game guide it is still at level 40, when she saw she couldn't purchase the animal did she try to clear the cache, cookies, and history then close the browser and then reload Farm Town to see if she could purchase the animals then?

jcassemjr
Jul 26 2012, 09:52 PM
Raul, please go on holiday this weekend! I have activities all weekend and then a busy travel week, so since I'll be working so hard and no time to relax, please do that for me, then we can switch places the following week! You lease the update next Friday, and then get to work on the following release, and I'll have time to play with the new release.

carol0
Jul 27 2012, 06:57 AM
According to the game guide it is still at level 40, when she saw she couldn't purchase the animal did she try to clear the cache, cookies, and history then close the browser and then reload Farm Town to see if she could purchase the animals then?

kitt1962, They should have upgraded the game guide before they upgraded the game then. She loaded up her game, and yes, it still said level 50 required. I couldn't check on my game because I can buy anything i have the money for lol. The level changed the same time they did the upgrade. I just thought it was kind of unfair. She was only a very small amount of exp to make it, and was so excited about being able to buy those stupid sheep, and had saved up her farm cash from leveling up and whatever to get them. I am hoping she hasn't given up on the game because of this. I enjoy having someone to play with that I really know lol.

emw65
Jul 27 2012, 07:21 AM
Where does the train products go when unloaded??I dont find any in my Storage. I am having all kinds of trouble with the train and am ready to just let it set and look pretty!!!Thanks EMW

HelenJS22
Jul 27 2012, 07:54 AM
Where does the train products go when unloaded??I dont find any in my Storage. I am having all kinds of trouble with the train and am ready to just let it set and look pretty!!!Thanks EMW

I take it you've clicked on 'Unload Train'. The link below will give you the 'Freight Train' section in the game guide, which might help you.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...42#post5185642 (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5185642#post5185642)

Majik Merlin
Jul 27 2012, 09:27 AM
I don't know if this was an issue before this release, but I have recently noticed that I am not getting all of my bonuses. Most recently was the Dan I got for freshwater fish. It said I would get 755 for each person who clicked on the link. The bonuses went to my gift box and state 755 (there were about 30 clicks since I got the Dan). My supply of fish was barely increasing each time I accepted one which made me wonder, so today I had 3 in my gift box (total 2165) I checked my amount stored and then I clicked to accept the bonuses. My amount stored only increase 600--- 200 for each one. I am out a LOT of fish.

I now wonder how many other bonuses I've been shorted? I rely on these bonuses an click peoples links every day, but maybe I am wasting my time?

Last week I realize I had lost a lot of my crops - in the tens of thousands of boxes.... it is beginning to feel rather futile and a waste of my efforts.

Can something be done .... please?

Rob T
Jul 27 2012, 10:03 AM
kitt1962, They should have upgraded the game guide before they upgraded the game then. She loaded up her game, and yes, it still said level 50 required. I couldn't check on my game because I can buy anything i have the money for lol. The level changed the same time they did the upgrade. I just thought it was kind of unfair. She was only a very small amount of exp to make it, and was so excited about being able to buy those stupid sheep, and had saved up her farm cash from leveling up and whatever to get them. I am hoping she hasn't given up on the game because of this. I enjoy having someone to play with that I really know lol.

Hi,

The developers don't have anything to do with the game guide, That is written by volunteer moderators, i am the one responsible for putting level 40 there, because at the time i wrote it, it was level 40, but i can only update things that i know have changed, and that was one of the things i did not know about or missed. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

carol0
Jul 27 2012, 11:18 AM

Well, I couldn't find the post that I made about the game manual should have been updated before they released the update.

I wanted to thank the fellow that takes care of the manual for keeping it up to date. Glad I happened on something that can help you do that.

Carol :D

StoneFace
Jul 27 2012, 12:34 PM
Hi,

The developers don't have anything to do with the game guide, That is written by volunteer moderators, i am the one responsible for putting level 40 there, because at the time i wrote it, it was level 40, but i can only update things that i know have changed, and that was one of the things i did not know about or missed. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Apology noted.

Penance prescribed is to send me $55 Farm Cash each day for 9 days..

.:eek:

carol0
Jul 27 2012, 12:39 PM
Apology noted.

Ummm Why you StoneFace? I think I should get some of that too LOL:eek:

KnightRider
Jul 27 2012, 04:50 PM
Apology noted.

And if Stoneface would get some I should get some also. :D

StoneFace
Jul 27 2012, 05:01 PM
And if Stoneface would get some I should get some also. :D

just one question....

W H Y ?

hehe

KnightRider
Jul 27 2012, 05:26 PM
just one question....

W H Y ?

hehe

I can ask that same question of you. W H Y? :confused:

StoneFace
Jul 27 2012, 07:01 PM
I can ask that same question of you. W H Y? :confused:

uummm... cuz I am me, and you are not me???

I don't know.... but I bet I can make a really sad face that would convince anyone to send me farm ca$h. .... :rolleyes:

Tony D
Jul 27 2012, 07:14 PM
Hi , thanks for all the feedback on the New Release :)

I am closing this thread now, while we wait patiently for the next new release :D