PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- August 2nd, 2012

Pages : 1 [2] 3

maggiel29
Aug 09 2012, 04:37 AM
I notice in Google Chrome my Flash version has changed to 11.3.31.225 and I thought everything was working well this morning - my own farms are really fast - no crashes and I can open the Facility Mgr - thats really fast too.
Until I went to a friends farm to work her Facs and Flash crashed on Farm 12. Mind you she does have 15 farms with Facs on every single one and all heavily layered with crops, trees buildings etc. so it may have been an issue with that rather than the Flash version. Too much data or something???

sbeltman
Aug 09 2012, 05:58 AM
Please note...if you are having problems with chrome shockwave crashes the newer browser update also changes the shockwave versions. This seems to be helping many of my farmtown friends. If your chrome has not updated automatically...click the tool wrench in the upper right corner and click "about google chrome" you will see it looking for update and update to the latest chrome version which is 21.0.1180.75. Hope this helps someone!

maggiel29
Aug 09 2012, 06:48 AM
Please note...if you are having problems with chrome shockwave crashes the newer browser update also changes the shockwave versions. This seems to be helping many of my farmtown friends. If your chrome has not updated automatically...click the tool wrench in the upper right corner and click "about google chrome" you will see it looking for update and update to the latest chrome version which is 21.0.1180.75. Hope this helps someone!

Thank-you - thats the version I have now.

Jean's Farm
Aug 09 2012, 07:13 AM
Blame Abode, not FT people - they are the ones who consistantly upgrade flash for apparently the fun of it every few weeks - to prevent this issue in the future, set your adobe not to automatically update - or deny the install if it has already downloaded, I learnt early on this will mess with with FT big time... or wait at least until the forum seems to give the all clear on a fix for issues - remember - FT/SLashkey is not responsible for the shockwave plugin in - they dont know what will happen anymore than we do each time adobe messes with it - yet, I can assure you, these dev's will be running around behind the scenes trying their hardest to correct an issue thats been thrust upon them - chill out with the blame game and learn a little patience!!

I so totally agree with you that the problem is Adobe not FT.

Do you know when the last upgrade to the flash player occurred??? :confused:

Going into chrome now to stop it from automatically upgrading. :D

Emychan
Aug 09 2012, 08:08 AM
As the number of goods carrying containers has increased,can I buy another std freight locomotive to haul different containers in my other farm? My 14th farm's track for the train is too short.Thank you.

Tony D
Aug 09 2012, 08:10 AM
As the number of goods carrying containers has increased,can I buy another std freight locomotive to haul different containers in my other farm? My 14th farm's track for the train is too short.Thank you.Hi, at this stage you can only have one working train.

clogger
Aug 09 2012, 09:23 AM
Sorry if this has been mentioned; I didn't see it. It is not a big deal, just a curiosity.

Since I dispatched the train, that farm is highlighted when neighbors work my faciities. It looks like the farm will have facilities to be worked. But there are no facilities there; just the train.

KnightRider
Aug 09 2012, 09:33 AM
Sorry if this has been mentioned; I didn't see it. It is not a big deal, just a curiosity.

Since I dispatched the train, that farm is highlighted when neighbors work my faciities. It looks like the farm will have facilities to be worked. But there are no facilities there; just the train.

I think it is because in the future that the train is going to be able to be worked by your neighbors and right now it is showing it as a facility even tho they don't have it to be worked yet. Hopefully in the next release it will be able to be worked. It happens to mine also. If that is the only thing on that farm you could put a note when you send out the request for workers that this farm only has a train on it, I have done that before to let them know that there is no other workable facilities on that farm.

JW2009
Aug 09 2012, 01:41 PM
I think it's too bad that SLASHKEY didn't go along with the "Theme" of the game and added people that look like us players, after all they did with our restaurants, so why not with people, if we start placing all kind of real looking people all over our farms, then when we work them, we will look strange to the town and farms - Thank You & Happy Farming :)https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/486451_479703128707470_743764159_n.jpg

InePine
Aug 09 2012, 01:55 PM
Im sure if the people looked too much like "us" we would have people thinking they actually were other players and think there was something wrong with the game since they couldnt chat with them ;)

JW2009
Aug 09 2012, 02:10 PM
NO, they can have it so that if we click/mouse over them then "Game Figures" would appear over them or something saying they are decorations only. That is non-sense thinking that we are that dumb - thank you.Im sure if the people looked too much like "us" we would have people thinking they actually were other players and think there was something wrong with the game since they couldnt chat with them ;)

StoneFace
Aug 09 2012, 02:43 PM
Im sure if the people looked too much like "us" we would have people thinking they actually were other players and think there was something wrong with the game since they couldnt chat with them ;)

yeah, you are prob right... and then some players would complain if they could not change the clothes on the peeps.... but then some complain even if they have nothing to complain about.

:rolleyes:

L.A.Bob
Aug 09 2012, 02:51 PM
This is unrelated to the current topic, the question that I have is will there be another farm (16) with the next releace? Thanks

Rob T
Aug 09 2012, 02:54 PM
This is unrelated to the current topic, the question that I have is will there be another farm (16) with the next releace? Thanks

Hi, Raul usually tells us in the first post of this thread if they are releasing new farms in the next release, he has not done so this time, so most likely there wont be one on the next release. We do not know when or if there will be a farm 16, only the devs know that.

Farmer Rabbit
Aug 09 2012, 03:07 PM
Moderator question: So many posts here about Flash Player & Adobe being the problem since the new FT update came out. But SK still instructs us to clear browser cache, uninstall/reboot/reinstall flash player, etc., as the standard to correct problems using FT BEFORE contacting SK for help. So, if downloading the new flash player is the problem or suspected problem, at what point will you instruct us differently? I've already followed the standard SK instructions. Concerned how information is dissiminated. Thread is for discussion, np. But how will SK protect us regarding the game and inform us on this issue? Not sure what to expect from you. tyvm, appreciate all efforts on our behalf. :D

Tiger
Aug 09 2012, 03:13 PM
Moderator question: So many posts here about Flash Player & Adobe being the problem since the new FT update came out. But SK still instructs us to clear browser cache, uninstall/reboot/reinstall flash player, etc., as the standard to correct problems using FT BEFORE contacting SK for help. So, if downloading the new flash player is the problem or suspected problem, at what point will you instruct us differently? I've already followed the standard SK instructions. Concerned how information is dissiminated. Thread is for discussion, np. But how will SK protect us regarding the game and inform us on this issue? Not sure what to expect from you. tyvm, appreciate all efforts on our behalf. :D

As posted in this new release...........
Known Issues

- Flash crashing: We are still researching this issue, we will post again when we have more information.

This thread and Help and Support will be updated as soon as we have more information to pass on.

InePine
Aug 09 2012, 03:16 PM
NO, they can have it so that if we click/mouse over them then "Game Figures" would appear over them or something saying they are decorations only. That is non-sense thinking that we are that dumb - thank you.
It was a joke, dont worry be happy :)

Farmer Rabbit
Aug 09 2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks! I did just see that. But I had to go looking for it. Thank you for your response.

Follow-up, just so I will understand what I have to do. If I have problems, I should NOT follow SK instructions and just wait several days watching the first page of the release to see if there is an instruction how to repair or better my gaming? Do SK instructions still state to reinstall flash player to repair/fend off problems?? thx in advance for your response. :):confused:

Farmer Rabbit
Aug 09 2012, 03:25 PM
Btw, meaning this above query in the nicest way :D Just hoping for clarity, thx.

Tiger
Aug 09 2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks! I did just see that. But I had to go looking for it. Thank you for your response.

Follow-up, just so I will understand what I have to do. If I have problems, I should NOT follow SK instructions and just wait several days watching the first page of the release to see if there is an instruction how to repair or better my gaming? Do SK instructions still state to reinstall flash player to repair/fend off problems?? thx in advance for your response. :):confused:

Hi there,

Whenever there is a problem with the game, there is a process of elimination to go through, which is what you've been seeing and doing (clearing caches etc), then internet speed/connection, then game connection etc. It really depends on what the problem is as to what you try next, which is what the top post in each official thread is for.

Unfortunately this current issue with flash was an update from Adobe that was released at the same time as our New Release. Although the problem is wide spread, it's not game wide, which means it's more difficult to pin down exactly where the problem is. For example there are many members using the flash in question and are connected to the same servers as those posting issues, but are having no problems with it on either FF or chrome.

If you believe the problem is down to flash player and you have tried the usual fixes, all you can do is wait, either for Adobe to update, or if possible the devs to find a solution that will work for everyone. Just keep an eye on the various threads, someone is bound to post to say when their issue is fixed, and as I've already said, we as moderators, will keep the threads updated as soon as we know.

Farmer Rabbit
Aug 09 2012, 03:38 PM
Gracious instructions. tyvm :)

Tiger
Aug 09 2012, 03:40 PM
Gracious instructions. tyvm :)

You are welcome :)

Docperk
Aug 09 2012, 04:37 PM
Anyone else having problems Sending Gifts? I select the gift I want to send and click proceed and then just get a blank page.

Docperk
Aug 09 2012, 04:42 PM
Anyone else having problems Sending Gifts? I select the gift I want to send and click proceed and then just get a blank page.

Hmm well you know I tried it again and clicked on the top Proceed to send and it worked, went back and clicked on the bottom Proceed to send again, and still get the blank page. Bottom Proceed to send button broke?

Taz D
Aug 09 2012, 04:48 PM
Hmm well you know I tried it again and clicked on the top Proceed to send and it worked, went back and clicked on the bottom Proceed to send again, and still get the blank page. Bottom Proceed to send button broke?
Just tried it too and got the blank page when clicking the bottom Proceed to Send button. Went back and tried the top one and it worked.

Rob T
Aug 09 2012, 04:50 PM

Just tried it too and got the blank page when clicking the bottom Proceed to Send button. Went back and tried the top one and it worked.

Both work fine for me, im using FF

slimpat
Aug 09 2012, 06:10 PM

when that happens all you have to do is scroll to the top of the blank page as you are at the bottom of the page Sure hope you understand what i am saying

suepatches
Aug 09 2012, 06:59 PM
Is there a fix for the working of my neighbors factories not working? I tried it on Ie and chrome and when I click to work it takes me to their farms but the thing to work factories doesnt come up. One of the servers was WF6 on the first farm I tried, it just showed the message to go to diff neighbor and water crops. I remember others having this prob before but dont know if there is a fix for it.... any help out there?
Just cleared cookies, windows error messages and flash and still wouldn't work'

maggiel29
Aug 09 2012, 07:18 PM
Is there a fix for the working of my neighbors factories not working? I tried it on Ie and chrome and when I click to work it takes me to their farms but the thing to work factories doesnt come up. One of the servers was WF6 on the first farm I tried, it just showed the message to go to diff neighbor and water crops. I remember others having this prob before but dont know if there is a fix for it.... any help out there?
Just cleared cookies, windows error messages and flash and still wouldn't work'

Try going to your own farm first - then navigate to the neighbours farm and click on any pop up messages about watering etc. Then go back and try the work post again.

KnightRider
Aug 10 2012, 06:49 AM
make sure you are clicking on YOUR FRIENDS posts and not the posts that show up on your page when your friends click on THEIR FRIENDS posts. My husband kept saying that he couldn't work his friends farm so I watched him play and saw him click on the wrong posts, he blushed at his mistake, lol. Your friends profile picture is there and you just kinda click without thinking.

You used to be able to work those in the past, I was able to click on my friends friends post and go to their farm, but they must have done something to stop that, which I wish it would go back cause my friend likes a lot of those posts and they show up on my wall.

Audrey45
Aug 10 2012, 11:21 AM
If you read the Adobe forums you will see that its not just Farmtown, there are alot more angry people on that forum then there are here (believe it or not lol) and I dont really think there is alot the FT devs can do until Adobe fix their mess.

I have tried several browsers the last week or so and Comodo Dragon is the most stable one for me, it is alot like Chrome and Firefox, so it might be a good idea to try that and see if it helps any of you, its actually faster then im used to with Firefox/Chrome :)

I just downloaded Comodo Dragon and it is working, does not take me hours to plant a field now.
thanks for your comments
:)

Satis
Aug 11 2012, 08:58 AM
Thank you for the update.

To my surprise, I rather like the people. I'm so glad they are realistic and not like the horrid little cartoon avatars. I wouldn't have bothered with them at all if that had been the case, as I'm trying to create genuine looking scenes.

I imagine more will be added in future updates; I'd like some standing up and walking -- not obviously farming. Some of them don't look too obviously modern so just about pass muster on my Roman and Egyptian farms and the old English ones.

It would be brilliant if they could eventually move, like the animals.

Hoping for some more old buildings so I can extend my historical farms and create a Venetian one!

My only criticism is that I'm getting a tiny bit bored with the addition of more and more facilities which operate in the exact same way as the ones before. However, I can't think how you'd vary this!

I have a couple of dead field squares on Farm One. Will post in Help and Support.

Thanks to all involved in maintaining this highly complex game and allowing us the best feedback of any application on FB.

sandy5457
Aug 11 2012, 12:33 PM
Love the changes but I keep having shockwave crashes. Is this the same thing as the flash player crash? It just started since the changes.

StoneFace
Aug 11 2012, 05:21 PM
simply in a word....

yes

Farmer_Susan
Aug 12 2012, 03:34 PM
Yanno . . . I really love our little people. I wasn't one of the ones who asked for people but they're just awesome! So thanks to all who requested them and thanks to the devs for listening. : )

Majik Merlin
Aug 12 2012, 06:19 PM
I've reported this before but wish to bring it again. I am still losing crops Today I had over 6000 fields of grapes harvested. Prior to harvesting, I checked my inventory. I had 1670 in stock. After harvesting, I now have ZERO. This is happening repeatedly and is very frustrating. Is anyone else having problems???

TIA for any attention to this repeated concern... (I've noticed it the past two upgrades)

Dutch85
Aug 12 2012, 06:28 PM
I've reported this before but wish to bring it again. I am still losing crops Today I had over 6000 fields of grapes harvested. Prior to harvesting, I checked my inventory. I had 1670 in stock. After harvesting, I now have ZERO. This is happening repeatedly and is very frustrating. Is anyone else having problems???

TIA for any attention to this repeated concern... (I've noticed it the past two upgrades)

This did happen to me a while back. I reset my modem, and it fixed the problem. I didn't get back the crops I had already lost, but I stopped losing them.

driverdave
Aug 12 2012, 09:43 PM
i am not sure where to post this......but a bot has visited my farm leeft a note to say buy the bot tool thing......now i havent been on the game to interact in markets and the bot isnt a friend of mine so i can only conclude that they are trawling the forum and using the links ....i dont know what can be done but ..please get it done i do not like the idea of bot sellers visiting my farms and who knows what else they are capable of??/

Hornyroo
Aug 12 2012, 10:17 PM
Yanno . . . I really love our little people. I wasn't one of the ones who asked for people but they're just awesome! So thanks to all who requested them and thanks to the devs for listening. : )

Me too, They wernt something I was overly thrilled to see, but I accidently clicked on one as a gift and thought, hey, lets see if this works.. cant wait to see new non farming ones - I could get quite addicted to those

Dutch85
Aug 13 2012, 06:02 AM
i am not sure where to post this......but a bot has visited my farm leeft a note to say buy the bot tool thing......now i havent been on the game to interact in markets and the bot isnt a friend of mine so i can only conclude that they are trawling the forum and using the links ....i dont know what can be done but ..please get it done i do not like the idea of bot sellers visiting my farms and who knows what else they are capable of??/

I have gotten these messages also. I haven't been to the market, or the inn, and my farms are not linked to the forum. I don't know how they were able to leave me a message. It is annoying and kind of creepy.

Petuniaflower
Aug 13 2012, 01:23 PM
I haven't gotten a message wanting me to get a Bot. I really don't know what they are.:eek:But if I did get one. Someone said ,if you find his avatar report him. What if you can't find it,then WHAT?

I would like to know how just in case he finds ME!

KnightRider
Aug 13 2012, 02:37 PM
I don't know if it is possible but the bot might be able to just input numbers into the link to go to farms and if it isn't a good link it just inputs another number and continues through as many possibilities as possible. I don't know if it is possible for it to do that, but I just got the thought from the movie "War Games" where he had a program that dialed all numbers in a certain area looking for computers. It seem like it wouldn't be that much different doing it with websites. When the program opens up a farm it can tell whether this is a working farm or not and if so then leave a message and if not, then just go to the next farm. That is why no one can find them, it is only on there long enough to open it up leave a pre-programmed message and leave.

Taz D
Aug 13 2012, 04:44 PM
I haven't gotten a message wanting me to get a Bot. I really don't know what they are.:eek:But if I did get one. Someone said ,if you find his avatar report him. What if you can't find it,then WHAT?

I would like to know how just in case he finds ME!
The only way to report them is catch their avatar unfortunately. Would be nice if there was some way to report from a message and have it send a copy of the message too. I submitted that as a suggestion a short while back.

SirDaywalker
Aug 13 2012, 07:44 PM
Ok, so I've spent a lot of time on this game.
I've posted nothing but positive input to these
Forums and the Developers and Creators for years.

Today is a different story all together.
:cool:

I have expressed my opinion on the use of Auto-Clickers for those
with limited abilities; dealing with Multiple Sclerosis
and bone issues I am one of those folks.

My posts were removed and dismissed in a thread
that was ON Topic, they were not answered.

I feel this is blatant discrimination, and frankly I am
blown away by the lack of response to this.
How else am I left to conclude otherwise?

I don't know what a 'bot' is, but I know that without
the Auto-Clicker I would not be able to participate in Farm Town.

I'm a patient old Hippy, and await the final decisions
on the Auto-Clickers...but the insensitivity currently
being shown to those who live with limitations
and are trying to be heard right now is gross.
:mad:

Oh, and I kept a copy of my original post that
was deleted which was also messaged
an Admin and still awaits a reply:

I just read about this.

I have Multiple Sclerosis and a rare bone disease.
I'm right handed, but my right hand is curled and petrifying.
I've played this game, and only this game...since the beginning.

At one point I almost had to stop playing, as the game began to evolve
the clicking increased by leaps and bounds. Then I got a Mouse Tractor.
This enabled me to continue getting my FT Zen. I spend plenty on Farm
Cash, but I feel it should not make any difference...except to say that
I've helped Support Slashkey voluntarily and have been happy to do so.
This game is 5 star to me. I would hate to see Slashkey return the
love by banning me for an auto-clicker when it is
the only way I can play the game.

I'm wondering how this will be
considered/resolved by the Developers and Creators.

Love n Koolaid

Day

Taz D
Aug 13 2012, 07:53 PM
Ok, so I've spent a lot of time on this game.
I've posted nothing but positive input to these
Forums and the Developers and Creators for years.

Today is a different story all together.
:cool:

I have expressed my opinion on the use of Auto-Clickers for those
with limited abilities; dealing with Multiple Sclerosis
and bone issues I am one of those folks.

My posts were removed and dismissed in a thread
that was ON Topic, they were not answered.

I feel this is blatant discrimination, and frankly I am
blown away by the lack of response to this.
How else am I left to conclude otherwise?

I don't know what a 'bot' is, but I know that without
the Auto-Clicker I would not be able to participate in Farm Town.

I'm a patient old Hippy, and await the final decisions
on the Auto-Clickers...but the insensitivity currently
being shown to those who live with limitations
and are trying to be heard right now is gross.
:mad:

Oh, and I kept a copy of my original post that
was deleted which was also messaged
an Admin and still awaits a reply:

I believe your answer is here in the following thread.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498570

SirDaywalker
Aug 13 2012, 07:56 PM
I believe your answer is here in the following thread.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498570

Thank you Tony.

Day

servocrow
Aug 14 2012, 06:07 AM
Here is a message I got on August 9th, from a player named "Barb", Level 47:

"you should try using the ******* tool, it makes farm town even more fun to play! www.efarmertool.com"

I went to the farm and there was one field of planted pineapple.

Not sure how I got the message either; I don't hire from the market and only go to the place to sell (I rarely ever buy or sell goods).

StoneFace
Aug 14 2012, 07:03 AM

"you should try using the ******* tool, it makes farm town even more fun to play! www.efarmertool.com"

Not sure how I got the message either; I don't hire from the market and only go to the place to sell (I rarely ever buy or sell goods).

beware that spam message....

the ******* tool is banned from this game, and the devs will eventually find a way of tracking down the people who are promoting that tool... and shut down their accounts.

for now, it seems the task at hand for the devs is the problem caused by Flash, and how to adjust the FT game to meet the Flash problem. I would expect it would delay new releases, and also delay in addressing the concerns of those who need to use enhanced clickers.

I for one just suggest players slow down a bit if they are concerned about getting banned. There is no "bonus" for getting things done faster. There is no "finish line" we need to cross before some one else.

Sadly, the game has players who probably should be playing HALO or some game they can either beat, or get killed and start over, or fight with other players around the world. Farm Town is not that kind of game.

Mrs Mags
Aug 14 2012, 08:04 AM

Yep! I got this or a message very similar to it the other day..I just chose to ignore it....but its a problem that defiantly needs addressing...

FarmerMcLashwood
Aug 14 2012, 08:53 AM
Yep! I got this or a message very similar to it the other day..I just chose to ignore it....but its a problem that defiantly needs addressing...

I have had 2 messages from from "kate" also on level 47.

Messaged her back in the end and asked that she no long sends me messages and that I have no intention of using the bot.

Hornyroo
Aug 14 2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah i got this message too..

I even fell for the *******tool scam about 12 months ago.... I cant beleive that it hasnt been shut down or reported to paypal...

KnightRider
Aug 14 2012, 01:41 PM
Yeah i got this message too..

I even fell for the *******tool scam about 12 months ago.... I cant beleive that it hasnt been shut down or reported to paypal...

Unless you can click on the avatar there is no way to report them, you can't just say that barb sent me the message ban her, they need the ID number. They are smart enough just to send the message and then log off. Now if you want to sit in the market place 24 hours a day and wait for the person to show up so that you can click on their avatar then they could be reported.

max_river
Aug 14 2012, 02:32 PM
i know this is the wrong spot but i could not find my idea does not have a thread one anywhere. i have a idea how about we have numbers for the factories we have to keep track of the amount available so we know witch ones we do not have.

Mrs Mags
Aug 14 2012, 03:43 PM
I am not saying its right, it would be better if they didn't or if they could find a way to stop it, but servocrow wasn't sure how they got the messages and I just said that is probably how. The ones that spam farmers on here probably go to other games and do it to their games also.

Sorry Kit..I wasn't implying you thought spamming was right....sorry if it came over that way.:) I was just trying to say how frustrating it is, that people who have their Farm linked on here are open to spam xx

Tony D
Aug 14 2012, 04:15 PM
Hi, the developers are aware of the problem with the spamming for the e.farmer tool and that people are getting messages now as well. There is no way of telling how they are sending the messages, I have received one as well and my farm is not linked on the forum. Hopefully the developers will be about to sort this out soon.

As this thread is about the New Release any further discussion on the topic in this thread will be removed .

Taz D
Aug 14 2012, 04:50 PM
i know this is the wrong spot but i could not find my idea does not have a thread one anywhere. i have a idea how about we have numbers for the factories we have to keep track of the amount available so we know witch ones we do not have.
That thread would be in the Suggestions section on the only page of threads.

max_river
Aug 14 2012, 10:02 PM
That thread would be in the Suggestions section on the only page of threads.

thank you taz

whosyou?
Aug 14 2012, 10:36 PM
Hi, the developers are aware of the problem with the spamming for the e.farmer tool and that people are getting messages now as well. There is no way of telling how they are sending the messages, I have received one as well and my farm is not linked on the forum. Hopefully the developers will be about to sort this out soon.

As this thread is about the New Release any further discussion on the topic in this thread will be removed .

I can tell you exactly how they get your FT I.D. and are able to send these messages to people on such a large scale.It is a security problem that the devs really need to address and one for which I have written to FB about numerous times.*** HINT *** Gift Links..thank your unscrupulous neighbors for providing a link to your farm by posting your gifts you send to them on multiple sites.And to think all they would have to do is make the links expire after each use....oh wait..I said that a dozen times,and always had my post deleted.:rolleyes:

WillowTreeFarm
Aug 15 2012, 03:24 AM
I just took a job in the market and my shockwave crashed. I was on W10

Sandy Mae
Aug 15 2012, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the updates. Makes the game run smoother for me!!! Thanks to every one and RAUL!!!

SeaJay
Aug 15 2012, 08:43 AM
I would like to be able to say that, I'm sorry for anyone out there with a disability, but anyone using an auto clicker has the definite advantage over me. I hear people complaining that they have their auto clickers set on 4 clicks per second and how this is easily achieved by those with no disabilities. Because of the crack downs on bot users, I now get about 1 click every 2 seconds. So set your bots to that and then we'll see how you feel about your auto clickers!!! :P

Satis
Aug 15 2012, 09:28 AM
Very impressed by people who fear they may be banned for fast clicking. I think I might be banned for slow clicking. Or perhaps I could have a special personal level: Slothful Farmer.

On another issue, it would be nice if we were able to move the trains even when they have been despatched. I'm trying to reorganise my train farm, but am stuck with the train in the wrong place for a week.

JW2009
Aug 15 2012, 09:37 AM
I have a question, how much RAM do you have in your pc, i had to get 1 gig of RAM more and it helped with SHOCKWAVE, i think shcockwave need atleast 2 gig RAM if you run Windows7 - Thank You :)I just took a job in the market and my shockwave crashed. I was on W10

StoneFace
Aug 15 2012, 10:45 AM
I have a question, how much RAM do you have in your pc, i had to get 1 gig of RAM more and it helped with SHOCKWAVE, i think shcockwave need atleast 2 gig RAM if you run Windows7 - Thank You :)

I have 4g, and had lots of crashes until two days ago.... so far, I have worked a lot of farms for two days... without a crash... knockonwood

Rob T
Aug 15 2012, 03:40 PM
Adobe released a new version of flash yesterday v11.3.300.271, Please let us know if there are still issues with it crashing :)

suepatches
Aug 15 2012, 06:13 PM
Adobe released a new version of flash yesterday v11.3.300.271, Please let us know if there are still issues with it crashing

spiritualpathways
Aug 15 2012, 06:19 PM
i have had this flash for weeks now .... using IE ..... the problem i have is while working for someione ...after a few farms ...then the farm frzes up totally and can do no more work ... same thing goes on when i try and work facilities as well.....
doesnt seem to matter what time of day or night .....
all i know is i am fed up with it ... and it is getting past annoying ....

Taz D
Aug 15 2012, 06:27 PM
Adobe released a new version of flash yesterday v11.3.300.271, Please let us know if there are still issues with it crashing

i have had this flash for weeks now .... using IE ..... the problem i have is while working for someione ...after a few farms ...then the farm frzes up totally and can do no more work ... same thing goes on when i try and work facilities as well.....
What you had before this was a beta copy of this version. The actual release date was yesterday August 14th. Might not be a bad idea to update again.

zippity
Aug 15 2012, 07:24 PM
I have a question, how much RAM do you have in your pc, i had to get 1 gig of RAM more and it helped with SHOCKWAVE, i think shcockwave need atleast 2 gig RAM if you run Windows7 - Thank You :)

2 gigs is the minimum amount of ram you have to have in able to run windows 7

suepatches
Aug 15 2012, 07:40 PM
Taz, I went to adobe site did download of "new" version, rebooted my puter, then went to work factories for a neighbor and crashed on his 11th farm. I have 3 gig ram.

StoneFace
Aug 15 2012, 08:14 PM
yeah, I am still crashing after working about 6-8 farms

spiritualpathways
Aug 15 2012, 09:59 PM

it seems to be happening everytime i am on WF36 if that helps u ...at least that has been the one that will lfreeze up when working someones far mor working their factories ... can only do a few and he totally freezes up .....grrrrrrr

spiritualpathways
Aug 15 2012, 10:01 PM
yeah, I am still crashing after working about 6-8 farms

yup me too .... on working someone esles farms harvesting etc ..and also when working facilities ... tonight is stil lhorrible ... and i have the lastest updated version of flash ... it seems to be WF36 tonight .... grrrrrrr

JanetBC
Aug 15 2012, 10:17 PM
I Fully Understand your frustration! I have been dealing with these Crashes for weeks now, BUT I am TRYING to keep the faith! RAUL ( One of the Moderators) is currently working with me to find a Solution!!!! I along with many of my neighbors are about ready to Scream! When I first complained on here, I was bombarded with some that told me I was too Stupid to understand Data and some that told me to have Patience (Which I thought I Had) !!! I have played this game for years and never had a reason to complain until recently! IF they don't FIX this-They will lose lots of players!

psycho_mommi
Aug 16 2012, 01:13 AM
i have a word of advice to you IE users- please try a different browser, such as firefox or google chrome. IE runs lots of things in the background, while running your browser, so it makes things very difficult. i use srware iron, it is chrome based, and i rarely have flash problems. a week ago, when all was crashing around other players, i had 0 problems. the only problems i had were with farms that were over loaded. i'm not saying this will solve all the problems with the current flash issues, but it will help. also, clear you flash files and internet history on a regular basis!! especially if your computer is older, like mine is. i do it daily. hope it helps!! happy farming!! ;)

maggiel29
Aug 16 2012, 03:59 AM
Known Issues

- Flash crashing: We are still researching this issue, we will post again when we have more information.

Post Release Updates - Aug 14th, 01:01PM EST

- On Aug 14th Adobe released a new version of the Flash Player, 11.3.300.271, please report if you experience any improvements with the Flash crashing.[/QUOTE]

I havent had any problems for a few days - my Flash version on Google Chrome changed to 11,3,31,227 earlier this week.

Simera
Aug 16 2012, 04:58 AM
Adobe-crash every single day! Especially when working my neighbours farm (she has 15, same as me) And the crash happens at the same moment, for both of us. She's getting up a white page with the Flash-icon, and I'm getting a black page with a white Flash-icon, if that should have any relevance. I have tried both Mozilla and Chrome, with same result.

Also: When I go to clean the macro-media files, I do NOT see Slashkey on the list, any more. Wonder why?

Regards
Simera.

StoneFace
Aug 16 2012, 06:19 AM
Adobe-crash every single day! Especially when working my neighbours farm (she has 15, same as me) And the crash happens at the same moment, for both of us. She's getting up a white page with the Flash-icon, and I'm getting a black page with a white Flash-icon, if that should have any relevance. I have tried both Mozilla and Chrome, with same result.

Also: When I go to clean the macro-media files, I do NOT see Slashkey on the list, any more. Wonder why?

Regards
Simera.

yeah, I noticed that too.... and it has been that way, for me, for about 4-6 weeks I think

Danker
Aug 16 2012, 09:15 AM
I have the latest version of flash player: 11.3.300.271. It doesn't solve the problem at all, rather flash crashes are getting more frequent.

Danker
Aug 16 2012, 09:18 AM

Regards
Simera.

Crash every single day, yes, but more than 10 times a day! I do not believe that there are any serious efforts to solve the problem(s), it has been going on now since at least 6 months.

peekachoo
Aug 16 2012, 11:19 AM
Known Issues

- On Aug 14th Adobe released a new version of the Flash Player, 11.3.300.271, please report if you experience any improvements with the Flash crashing.

Well, like a lot of people I've had real problems harvesting, it's just been too slow on my pc, on the laptop I have given up playing on there as the graphics kept breaking up.

However having seen the update regarding a change with Adobe I nervously went into the ins and outs of the settings to see what I could do ( I would normally let my better half do such things ).

I use mainly Chrome, but also Mozilla, never Internet Explorer so I can't comment on that. When I had a peek on the Adobe site through Chrome, it told me I had the previous version ( really sorry I can't remember what version it was except it had 31 in it, lol ), but I couldn't see how to download 11.3.300.271 through Chrome, but it did show me the link to download for Mozilla...which I went on to do. I eventually found out that Chrome did have the download, but because it was part of a bundle, it was picking the previous one in favour of the 11.3.300 one. So I've tweaked it to use the 11.3.300 version instead, just hope it doesn't affect anything else!

I harvested trees,flowers and did some fishing with Mozilla...it was much faster, but the graphics did seem to drag which they hadn't done before on the pc. On Chrome I harvested trees, flowers, fields and fished and all worked much much faster...so let's hope it stays like it !

KnightRider
Aug 16 2012, 01:09 PM
Sometimes it helps with the speed and graphics if you lower the graphics to lower graphics while playing, I did and it seemed to speed up a little bit more and the graphics quality isn't that much different going to low.

Grumpa
Aug 16 2012, 01:44 PM
Crash every single day, yes, but more than 10 times a day! I do not believe that there are any serious efforts to solve the problem(s), it has been going on now since at least 6 months.

Have you tried resetting your modem and router if you are using a router.

Taz D
Aug 16 2012, 01:51 PM
I have evaluted the latest version of Flash and though I did not get any crashes from it, the thing I did notice was it was very slow working facilities for others. Additionally my facility manager and seeds, anything with graphics for several items were also very slow.
Raul, sorry that version didn't help. Their "security" update is just plain slower. I went back to version 11.2.

Rob T
Aug 16 2012, 04:09 PM
Hi everyone,

My apologies for all the issues concerning flash player crashing, while i sympathize with you all, attacking other users and argumentative posts will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Please let us keep things civil while our developers work out this issue :)

Thank you

Texas Belle
Aug 16 2012, 04:28 PM
- On Aug 14th Adobe released a new version of the Flash Player, 11.3.300.271, please report if you experience any improvements with the Flash crashing.[/QUOTE]

Not that I have notice, and today it has been freezing me out with the sign "plug-in failure" about 5 times already!

JanetBC
Aug 16 2012, 04:51 PM
Hi everyone,

My apologies for all the issues concerning flash player crashing, while i sympathize with you all, attacking other users and argumentative posts will not be tolerated and will be deleted. Please let us keep things civil while our developers work out this issue :)

Thank you

I apologize for anything I said that might have offended anyone! That was not my intent-My frustrations just got the best of me and I felt like I was being attacked from all sides! AGAIN--I AM SORRY! I know the developers are trying to get this problem worked out!

Texas Belle
Aug 16 2012, 05:05 PM
i have a word of advice to you IE users- please try a different browser, such as firefox or google chrome. IE runs lots of things in the background, while running your browser, so it makes things very difficult. i use srware iron, it is chrome based, and i rarely have flash problems. a week ago, when all was crashing around other players, i had 0 problems. the only problems i had were with farms that were over loaded. i'm not saying this will solve all the problems with the current flash issues, but it will help. also, clear you flash files and internet history on a regular basis!! especially if your computer is older, like mine is. i do it daily. hope it helps!! happy farming!! ;)

I don't use IE, use Firefox or Safari as I have an IMAC, but it still has its issues, it is true whichever I use and the best to do facilities is Firefox, but at the 3 farm it slows down and then it goes dark and here comes a little box where it tells me "plug-in failure" but it does give me right under there to hit for a report to Adobe... so everytime it happens I hit that little line, now if they get it or don't get it and they know they have problems with the release I don't know, hopefully if I keep sending it to Adobe somebody will take notice and they will try to find out what is it on their end too. Yes it does help to clean the cache and the history, but I do believe this is more an issue with Adobe and their Flash Program..

InePine
Aug 16 2012, 05:14 PM
The people at Adobe do know there is a problem, they are working hard to fix it, and they do encourage people to send the crash report so it will be easier for them to figure out what to do to fix it. There is a forum over there that is boiling over, imagine this forum + all the other internet games that uses flash and are crashing just like us...its pretty bad :P

On a different note, i think its a good idea to remind people to unistall their current flash version if they want to try a different one, its not good to slap one install over another time and time again, there is an unistaller on the adobe site, just google it :)
Also, i installed the Flash 11.4 beta a few days ago, and it pretty much solved my crashing issues, so maybe it will help someone else aswell :)

WillowTreeFarm
Aug 16 2012, 05:45 PM

I have a brand new pc with 8.00 GB DDR3 RAM, 1 TERABYTE HARD DRIVE. I use Chrome and am still crashing.

Taz D
Aug 16 2012, 05:58 PM
The people at Adobe do know there is a problem, they are working hard to fix it, and they do encourage people to send the crash report so it will be easier for them to figure out what to do to fix it. There is a forum over there that is boiling over, imagine this forum + all the other internet games that uses flash and are crashing just like us...its pretty bad :P

On a different note, i think its a good idea to remind people to unistall their current flash version if they want to try a different one, its not good to slap one install over another time and time again, there is an unistaller on the adobe site, just google it :)
Also, i installed the Flash 11.4 beta a few days ago, and it pretty much solved my crashing issues, so maybe it will help someone else aswell :)
Has it speeded the game back up to speed we had before version 11.3? Crashes are not the only problem that have been reported with that version. Slowed down operations have also been problems with it.

Farmgirl1706
Aug 16 2012, 11:41 PM
I have the latest version of flash and is still crashing after about 6th farm of facilities when working other people's facilites and such. Im currently using chrome for some things and firefox for others. Flash is worse in Firefox.

Danker
Aug 16 2012, 11:58 PM
Have you tried resetting your modem and router if you are using a router.

Yes, I did that but without result, crashes continue to plague me

InePine
Aug 17 2012, 02:18 AM
Has it speeded the game back up to speed we had before version 11.3? Crashes are not the only problem that have been reported with that version. Slowed down operations have also been problems with it.

I have to admit i dont know about firefox and chrome regarding speed when working my own farm or when i get hired at MP, after i started using comodo dragon 2 weeks ago i dont really want to go back, its so much faster then any other browser. But i do know it stopped crashing in the other browsers when i work neighbours facs :)

Dutch85
Aug 17 2012, 07:46 AM
I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it when the new Flash came out because I was still having trouble. I had to go into Chrome Plugins and disable version 11,3,31,227. So now only the new version is running. I haven't had any problems since.

Rob T
Aug 17 2012, 07:52 AM
Even tho Chrome has an integrated version of flash, it will only update when chrome rolls out their update, so there are times when chrome wont have the latest version. However, if you disable the integrated version, that allows you to install the regular non IE version of flash (any version) if you choose to.

Dutch85
Aug 17 2012, 08:47 AM
Even tho Chrome has an integrated version of flash, it will only update when chrome rolls out their update, so there are times when chrome wont have the latest version. However, if you disable the integrated version, that allows you to install the regular non IE version of flash (any version) if you choose to.

Yes, when I saw the post in this forum about the new Flash version, I went to Chrome to see if it had updated, and there was an error message. Something was preventing it from automatically updating. Could have been my own fault as I'm not very good with computers. The only thing I could think to do was uninstall and reinstall Chrome.

rjlinkjr
Aug 17 2012, 10:14 AM
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Aug 14th, 01:01PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 15 Farming People as Gifts: All Farming Implements were moved to the Store.

2. Traffic signs in opposite direction.

3. 30 x 30 Farm Expansions for farms 11 - 15: Here are the prices -> 4,000,000,000 Coins or 30 FarmCash.

4. Alternate views for Chocolate Factory and Ice Cream Shop: The new Ice Cream Shop is similar to the old one but darker.

5. Faster to work neighbour facilities: When you start working your neighbour facilities you now will only have to complete the first half of the facilities on each farm, after that, the Mayor will help you with the rest in one click.

In the near future, if you have a train dispatched, the more different Freight Cars you have dispatched the more the Mayor will help you when working neighbour facilities.

6. New Freight Cars:

Long Hopper Car: Brings you Pile of Silver nuggets, Pile of Gold nuggets, Pile of raw Diamonds, Salt, Clay block, Quartz Rock and Soda Crystals

Long Well Car: Brings you Bread, Hamburger Buns, Cinnamon Bundle, Olive Oil and Chocolate Liquor

Long Gondola Car: Brings you Sugar, Honey and Beeswax

7. Freight Train Components mutiple rotated views: Freight Locomotives will have 4 views and Freight Cars will have 6 views.

***Notice*** that although you can now build trains in different shape and forms, when you Dispatch a train, only the Long Freight Cars aligned with their Locomotive in a straight line will be Dispatched. This limitation will probably be removed in the future.

8. Long Freight Cars don't have facilities requirements anymore: To minimize confusion, you now always be able tu purchase any Long Freight Cars even if you don't have any facility in current farm or storage.

9. People with locked trains that couldn't be moved or dispatched (even if the trains were unloaded but not dispatched again) should now see their trains unlocked and ready to move or dispatch: This bug has been almost completely fixed according to our monitoring.

10. Mediterranean Restaurant (Coins): Produces Mediterranean Food.

Greek Salad
Falafel Wraps
Hummus Dip
Stuffed Grape Leaves
Gyros Sandwich
Lamb-Veggies Kebab
Couscous-Lamb Stew
Baklava

New related products on other facilities:

Plain Yougurt and Feta Cheese at the Dairy Processing Plant
Couscous at the Windmills
Pita Bread at the Bakery
Lamb at the Semi-Truck or as Gift

11. Beach Gear Factory (FC): Produces Beach Gear.

Kayak
Towel Set
Swim Fins
Snorkel
Volleyball Net
Aquacycle
Chair
Oxygen Tank

12. Hardware Shop (Coins): The Hardware Shop building already in the game was upgraded to a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Clamp
Square
Hammer
Level
Folding Ruler
Carpenter Pencil
Tool Belt
Combination Pliers

13. Beach Gear Rentals (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Volleyball
Kayak
Towel Set
Swim Fins
Snorkel
Volleyball Net
Aquacycle
Chair
Oxygen Tank

Enjoy!

--Raul

Known Issues

- On Aug 14th Adobe released a new version of the Flash Player, 11.3.300.271, please report if you experience any improvements with the Flash crashing.

didn't help still crashes, was some better the first day, but getting back to normal, crashing at will using Google Chrome

Majik Merlin
Aug 17 2012, 10:04 PM
This is somewhat trivial, but I haven't seen any mention of the fact that when we go to market to hire, often times a lot of 'ghosts' join the farm as well as the person hired. Can be somewhat confusing and I've had hired people leave cuz they thot there was a 'crowd' trying to harvest.

We've had this problem before...eons ago, but then it was 'fixed'.... Have seen repeated occurences frequently since the last update.

Abbey's Acres
Aug 18 2012, 04:03 AM
I installed Flash 11.4 last night & worked all of my farms & loaded facilities today with no problems. Everything went smoothly working neighbours' facilities as well. There were no crashes or freezing or having to refresh every 2 minutes. The speed seems decent also. I'm holding my breathe lol - is it possible Adobe has finally sorted out their mess? Let's see if it's still working tomorrow lol

LOVELESS
Aug 18 2012, 08:38 AM
i have evaluted the latest version of flash and though i did not get any crashes from it, the thing i did notice was it was very slow working facilities for others. Additionally my facility manager and seeds, anything with graphics for several items were also very slow.
Raul, sorry that version didn't help. Their "security" update is just plain slower. I went back to version 11.2.

i think they will find the biggest problem with flash crashing, is due to people layering their farms, and to boot farm town does not like to operate on internet explorer. When i work my neighbors farms, i close everything not needed to work on the farms. Same holds true for working in the (labor pool lol) i have windows 7 ultimate, with 16 gigs of ram, and when i work on farm town, no matter if it is for a neighbor, or visiting the (labor pool for extra work), i always have problems with people who have layered farm. I also have a video card with one gig of memory on it, and the latest version of flash player.

Tygered
Aug 18 2012, 10:32 AM
I too continue to get tons of flash crashes when working on other farms. I have everything turned off that I can turn off for these layered farms and it still crashes. I think you should NOT allow layering of farms.

Brady3297
Aug 18 2012, 02:13 PM
WE NEED MORE LEVELS PLZ IM ON 360 N NEED MORE FARM CASH!!!!!!
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?fb_source=bookmark_apps&ref=bookmarks&count=0&fb_bmpos=2_0

StoneFace
Aug 18 2012, 05:35 PM
I too continue to get tons of flash crashes when working on other farms. I have everything turned off that I can turn off for these layered farms and it still crashes. I think you should NOT allow layering of farms.

If you have worked a number of neighbors farms, you may find that the crash problems occurs even those farms not layered, and not heavily treed etc.

The variables that may be involved in the flash crash problems include

- the recent introduction of the latest Flash version occurring on the same day as
- the recent introduction of the latest FT version which includes help from the mayor.

Layering or staggering of crops does slow playing the game but did not have effect on working the facilities of another

If anything, the expansions of the farms to 30x30 have caused some slowness, which the developers told us about right away.

they are working on the fix for the Crash problem

Sabrinarose
Aug 18 2012, 08:06 PM
I have a LOT of crashes! Ugh-- Hope we find out if its flash player or FT.. Just let us know Please~! I have cleaned everything, and still have problems. ty

jim skipper
Aug 19 2012, 01:06 AM
I have a LOT of crashes! Ugh-- Hope we find out if its flash player or FT.. Just let us know Please~! I have cleaned everything, and still have problems. ty

Just saying you have lots of crashes doesn't help.

A little info would do wonders.

Like, what browser you use, what server you were on, and what flash version you are using.

they can't fix something without knowing what is broke and causing problems.

Docperk
Aug 19 2012, 10:01 AM
I installed Flash 11.4 last night & worked all of my farms & loaded facilities today with no problems. Everything went smoothly working neighbours' facilities as well. There were no crashes or freezing or having to refresh every 2 minutes. The speed seems decent also. I'm holding my breathe lol - is it possible Adobe has finally sorted out their mess? Let's see if it's still working tomorrow lol

Where did you find 11.4? I go to download the latest and it is still on 11.3.

Taz D
Aug 19 2012, 10:05 AM
Where did you find 11.4? I go to download the latest and it is still on 11.3.
Search for Flash player beta.

Farmgirl1706
Aug 19 2012, 01:36 PM
I totally agree with everyone about the layered farms crashing flash. Those are the ones I crash on. I can work all farms when they aren't layered.

Texas Belle
Aug 19 2012, 05:44 PM
Search for Flash player beta.

Can't get it for Mac yet... I tried for the Intel Mac and when I went to info it was the same 11.3, which I stay away from for the time being...

Texas Belle
Aug 19 2012, 05:46 PM
I totally agree with everyone about the layered farms crashing flash. Those are the ones I crash on. I can work all farms when they aren't layered.

I have been doing the layered ones all the time and there is no problem with them, it is the program, have a little patience and it will be fixed. The devs are working on it..

HillBillyJane
Aug 19 2012, 08:58 PM
I dont no where this should go but i want to say yes i like the game i play this when i need a break from FFXI but the farm cash items is out of hand i no you need money but with the rate its going to keep up with FC items its crazy i need 300$ of FC items when i came back just so it dont take me hours and hours to work my farm now im looking at other games to play for my breaks amazon here i come

KnightRider
Aug 19 2012, 09:19 PM
I dont no where this should go but i want to say yes i like the game i play this when i need a break from FFXI but the farm cash items is out of hand i no you need money but with the rate its going to keep up with FC items its crazy i need 300$ of FC items when i came back just so it dont take me hours and hours to work my farm now im looking at other games to play for my breaks amazon here i come

You could go to Zynga, but then just to play the game it would cost hundreds of dollars, getting the bigger tool should cost FC and on the facilities that cost FC they are split fair 2 coin and 2 FC, at least this game you can play without spending money there have been others on the forum that have said they play and don't spend a dime and are happy, so if you want to leave, bye.

Aussie Rae
Aug 20 2012, 01:56 AM
I thought I had it fixed the crashing shockwave player...but no! today it crashed again....while working a neighbours facilities..when the mayor helped..I got as far as farm 8, then the dreaded black screen....coping with 9x farms wall to wall did not help as well as loose animals...aarrggg...back to the drawing board, lol

StoneFace
Aug 20 2012, 06:58 AM
Adobe has released a new version

Developers are, of course, working on the Flash-crash issues.

IF you should experience a crash, please post as much of the following information as you can:

1] Browser you were using (Chrome, Fire Fox, etc)

2] Your operating system (ex: Windows 7, 32 bit)

3] Server you were on (ex: WF40 ... if you open your chat, the server will show in the first few lines of red printing)

4] What your were doing when you crashed... (ex: working neighbors facilites, and crashed on the 8th farm I was working)

5] Brief overview of the farms you were on (ex: 12 farms, lots of facilities, lots of trees... staggered fields.... trees and buildings on top of crops, etc)

you can not give too much information... thanks

Petuniaflower
Aug 20 2012, 02:15 PM
Adobe has released a new version

Developers are, of course, working on the Flash-crash issues.

IF you should experience a crash, please post as much of the following information as you can:

1] Browser you were using (Chrome, Fire Fox, etc)

2] Your operating system (ex: Windows 7, 32 bit)

3] Server you were on (ex: WF40 ... if you open your chat, the server will show in the first few lines of red printing)

4] What your were doing when you crashed... (ex: working neighbors facilites, and crashed on the 8th farm I was working)

5] Brief overview of the farms you were on (ex: 12 farms, lots of facilities, lots of trees... staggered fields.... trees and buildings on top of crops, etc)

you can not give too much information... thanks

Wow had to click quote so I could remember all that.

Ok I last week of smooth sailing ,got some rocky the last few days.

I use Comodo on my personal farms, chrome for my families.

I have Windows Vista, 32 Bit

My farms have server WF 3, my family farms WF 4

I crashed while trying to go to another of my farms , my farms are not layered and not a abundance of trees, rivers, lakes etc. or flowers

I also crashed doing a neighbors facilities, but I went back and tried again and finished

Mods..would you jot all my info town PLEASE!!! :D

Petuniaflower
Aug 20 2012, 02:18 PM
Wow had to click quote so I could remember all that.

Ok I last week of smooth sailing ,got some rocky the last few days.

I use Comodo on my personal farms, chrome for my families.

I have Windows Vista, 32 Bit

My farms have server WF 3, my family farms WF 4

I crashed while trying to go to another of my farms , my farms are not layered and not a abundance of trees, rivers, lakes etc. or flowers

I also crashed doing a neighbors facilities, but I went back and tried again and finished

Mods..would you jot all my info town PLEASE!!! :D

Seee the first part of my post. That is how my broken brain works :eek:

Last week I had a run of smooth sailing...got rocky the last few days. Boy I need a secretary

anglnwhite
Aug 20 2012, 02:47 PM
I've been reading the posts about FT/Flash crashes. I was at a loss because I've had no problems what so ever, so I set out to see if I could actually MAKE Flash crash while I was playing. I focused on one task everyday, paying close attention to whether or not the farm I was working was heavily layered with crops, trees, flowers or facilities.

First day was spent fishing with my boat. I fished 25 farms, clicking as fast as I could. No crashes.

Next day, I asked to harvest and plow crops, clicking quickly. No crashes.

Next, I harvested trees and chopped. No crashes.

Last, I spent a few hours working 15 of my neighbors facilities. Adobe flash/FT crashed twice at exactly the point where the "mayor" should have offered to work the remaining facilities. This occurred on farms that were not layered, either with crops nor with flowers/trees and I had no difficulty returning to that same farm and picking up where I left off.

Farms that are HEAVILY layered definitely load slower, but I've noticed no appreciable difference in the time it takes to work facilities, harvest, plow or fish on these farms.

With that said, based on personal experience, farms that have multiple crops STACKED on top of one another are almost impossible to farm, depending on how many stacks of crops there are. There's a difference between layering and stacking and unless you are one of the farmers invited to harvest a stacked farm, you would never know that the farm has been stacked (save for the obviously slowed pace of the game). I gave up stacking my crops more than a year ago because A. It left me plots that I was unable to delete (corrupted data), B. Harvesting and plowing occurred at a snails pace and the workers inevitably bailed on my jobs, and C. We were given the gift of multiple farms and I no longer need to stack in order to meet crop demand.

The crashes appear, IMO, to be specifically related to a Flash conflict in the new programming associated with the mayor working remaining facilities. I have no doubt that the Devs are working very hard to resolve this.

I play FT on an HP laptop, 8 gigs of RAM, HD graphics processor, Adobe Flash 11.3, using Google Chrome on a recently upgraded Cisco router designed for internet gaming and video uploads. My FT server is WF 39.

StoneFace
Aug 20 2012, 02:51 PM
The crashes appear, IMO, to be specifically related to a Flash conflict in the new programming associated with the mayor working remaining facilities. I have no doubt that the Devs are working very hard to resolve this.

I play FT on an HP laptop, 8 gigs of RAM, HD graphics processor, Adobe Flash 11.3, using Google Chrome on a recently upgraded Cisco router designed for internet gaming and video uploads. My FT server is WF 39.

I believe that you are absolutely on the correct path. And yes, Raul and the devs are certainly working on it as I actually know.

snuie
Aug 20 2012, 03:07 PM
hi what is wf? mine is wf 39 :)

Taz D
Aug 20 2012, 05:13 PM
hi what is wf? mine is wf 39 :)
That is your server number at Farm Town.

pstrong44
Aug 20 2012, 05:21 PM
Still having Flash crashing, but usually only when working on others farms and not doing it much when working on my farms. I don't know why the difference. I hate their updates!!! Often makes a mess of things..

Petuniaflower
Aug 20 2012, 06:13 PM
I now (a while back I was doing it all wrong) go to my Facility Manager when I load, store,cash out my facilities. Dev's, would there be someway to make the same idea work for doing neighbors facilities. We click to work on their farms,and instead of going to each farm that can be worked, get a list to work from,by- passing layers of crops, flowers and etc.And not over burdening ADOBE. :cool:

Dutch85
Aug 21 2012, 06:36 AM
When Adobe released the new version of flash, I was still having crashes. I had to go into Chrome://plugins and disable the first version. I haven't had a crash since.

Google Chrome
Windows7, 64 bit
2 GB
wf1

tinker3317
Aug 21 2012, 03:18 PM
For 3 days now, I am having problems with the page going black and the flash player face being on there. I have updated my flash player and cleared everything out. I personally don't think there should be layering in ft. I would think it would slow the game down tremendously, but is the developers decision. Seems it would put a strain on the servers. I know when I have gone to harvest farms that have that, it can really be slow. Why do players need more XP's. I have almost 6 billion in coins and my level is 360. FT will never give us more than 25 points per update.

cindymartindale1955
Aug 22 2012, 12:40 PM
Raul, just a thought for consideration. If FT comes out with a 6X6 bulldozer, it would be really nice if it would delete 6X6 trees and flowers, as well! Also, please consider making the other bulldozers delete trees and flowers with their respective areas. Like a dummy, I planted and entire field of flowers and am now deleting them, one by one! It's so tedious and time-consuming! Please consider making these an option for us! Thank you, Cindy Martindale

Tiger
Aug 22 2012, 12:48 PM
Raul, just a thought for consideration. If FT comes out with a 6X6 bulldozer, it would be really nice if it would delete 6X6 trees and flowers, as well! Also, please consider making the other bulldozers delete trees and flowers with their respective areas. Like a dummy, I planted and entire field of flowers and am now deleting them, one by one! It's so tedious and time-consuming! Please consider making these an option for us! Thank you, Cindy Martindale

Hi there,

You'd be better off posting this in suggestions. Here's the link to the one that most suits your idea...........
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332014

ijago
Aug 22 2012, 04:53 PM
Im still getting the plug

Hornyroo
Aug 22 2012, 06:06 PM
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but I just noticed a glitch - Im 100 positive I got my 2nd Dan Lamb belt this tmie yesterday, and the game just through up the 2nd belt again.. I cant find my fb post from yesterday to prove it though - Tiger L, I think u clicked both....

just wondering if we have the belt glitches back

chrisluvsanimals
Aug 22 2012, 11:31 PM
For 3 days now, I am having problems with the page going black and the flash player face being on there. I have updated my flash player and cleared everything out. I personally don't think there should be layering in ft. I would think it would slow the game down tremendously, but is the developers decision. Seems it would put a strain on the servers. I know when I have gone to harvest farms that have that, it can really be slow. Why do players need more XP's. I have almost 6 billion in coins and my level is 360. FT will never give us more than 25 points per update.

Would be better (and easier) to just improve the servers so they can handle the number of farms and facilities ---they've needed to do that for quite awhile now

psycho_mommi
Aug 23 2012, 03:39 AM
isn't it time for a mod to close a certain thread?!?!?! :rolleyes:

FarmerWitch
Aug 23 2012, 03:49 AM
isn't it time for a mod to close a certain thread?!?!?! :rolleyes:

:):):) I was just thinking the same thing!

ghostkitten
Aug 23 2012, 11:04 AM
RAul is on NOW......11.00 CST..And his sending private msg..Maybe to a mod to close this thread....:p;)

rjlinkjr
Aug 23 2012, 12:54 PM
Hasn't gotten any better if anything it is worse. I crashed at least 10 times today between 5:30 AM and 8:30 AM. Completely stopped twice and gave up coming back to try and finish.I think we should get a reward if they ever fix the problem

StoneFace
Aug 23 2012, 01:12 PM
Hasn't gotten any better if anything it is worse. I crashed at least 10 times today between 5:30 AM and 8:30 AM. Completely stopped twice and gave up coming back to try and finish.I think we should get a reward if they ever fix the problem

You might get a reward..... a limited time opportunity to buy more facilities....

hehe

Actually that might be a cool idea,,,, limited edition facilities, maybe for coin for high levels reward.

Hornyroo
Aug 23 2012, 05:52 PM
You might get a reward..... a limited time opportunity to buy more facilities....

hehe

Actually that might be a cool idea,,,, limited edition facilities, maybe for coin for high levels reward.

Id actually thought that for Xmas - a Santas workshop/12 days of xmas, makes xmas goodies and once per day for those 12 days gives us an awesome goodie - even FC...

Texas Belle
Aug 23 2012, 06:18 PM

hehe

You are too funny StoneFace... I would love limited editions, keep the suggestion!!

Hornyroo
Aug 23 2012, 07:23 PM
Ok 3rd day in a row IVe gotten my 2nd Degree/dan for Lamb... something its messed up there

StoneFace
Aug 23 2012, 07:52 PM
Ok 3rd day in a row IVe gotten my 2nd Degree/dan for Lamb... something its messed up there

Horny had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb...

see...

3 times

Georges Place Farms
Aug 23 2012, 08:21 PM
I have found that when I went to www.adobe.com and clicked on the upgrade (or update) Adobe Shockwave Player, this ended the issues with the crashing. It also fixed the time outs I was receiving for it taking so long to load.

gffarmer
Aug 23 2012, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the fixes!

Petuniaflower
Aug 23 2012, 09:05 PM
I just downloaded the new version of Adobe..will let you knw how it works. :0)

Sal Fantasia
Aug 23 2012, 09:10 PM
I downloaded the Flash update 11.4 and have been working with it for several hours and haven't had any problems.

Hornyroo
Aug 23 2012, 09:59 PM
Horny had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb...

see...

3 times

*head desk*

:D

bayoubes
Aug 23 2012, 10:10 PM
I haven't had any problems with FT crashing except a few times right after the update, but want to make sure I have the newest flash update, when I click on to update flash player, it tells me chrome is up to date, but how can I tell if the update really is updated to the 11.4. (other numbers added due to finding loop holes or something like that). I know there are lots of smart ones on this forum that could tell me how to tell which update I really do have. Please, and thank you.

Taz D
Aug 23 2012, 10:44 PM
I haven't had any problems with FT crashing except a few times right after the update, but want to make sure I have the newest flash update, when I click on to update flash player, it tells me chrome is up to date, but how can I tell if the update really is updated to the 11.4. (other numbers added due to finding loop holes or something like that). I know there are lots of smart ones on this forum that could tell me how to tell which update I really do have. Please, and thank you.
in your address line in chrome type in chrome:plugins. Going to that will tell you what version is installed. Since Adobe just released 11.4 it may not have been updated on Chrome yet.

KnightRider
Aug 23 2012, 10:56 PM
in your address line in chrome type in chrome:plugins. Going to that will tell you what version is installed. Since Adobe just released 11.4 it may not have been updated on Chrome yet.

11.4 isn't for Chrome, I went to Adobe and checked what versions was updated and Chrome is still using 11.3 all others is using 11.4.

Rob T
Aug 23 2012, 11:00 PM
If you disable the integrated version in chrome, then it will use the non IE version, which should be 11.4 if you have installed it.

To disable it type Chrome:plugins in the address bar and disable the built in one

holla
Aug 23 2012, 11:20 PM
I have firefox and wondered if anyone had the new 11.4 for that and how its working, cuz last week i had to uninstall 11.3 and put 11.2 in--11.2 seems fine in firefox but still kinda slow and kinda"glitchy"..ty

Hornyroo
Aug 23 2012, 11:30 PM
just noticed a message on my game screen saying my version of FT has been upgraded and flash should be working better now...

maggiel29
Aug 24 2012, 01:13 AM
I only had problems with Flash crashes when working heavy layered farms but I just managed to work one with no problems after seeing the Devs message about an update to help with the Flash probs. Thank-you Devs for your hard work sorting this problem out especially when it was an Adobe error!
However, the mouse over telling me what crop, tree, flower I am harvesting is driving me nuts. Please Devs disable it or move it higher and also sort the mouse overs on animal buildings which say the wrong thing and the double one on crops. I know I have winged about this before.

EveningAllTim
Aug 24 2012, 03:51 AM
Great to have a Bug-fix...very much needed for lots of people

Opportunities for the people who cant afford FC gifts to buy with coins at reasonable prices...especially on the Train side seen as it is the talking point at the moment....shall we expect to see bonus options coming out of the boost the train besides just delivering faster than 7 days....make it available to all Farmers please...;)

Otherwise enjoying the game....and having FUN :) Bigtime!

JW2009
Aug 24 2012, 07:51 AM
Thank you for always giving us updates, two things i can't wait. one i;m surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet and second and most of all i can't wait until our trains help out with doing neighbours facilities - Thank you so much for a great game. Happy Farming :)

ImajeanB
Aug 24 2012, 07:54 AM

Cindy I have a the large bulldozer for months! Haven't had to do the one by one thing for a long time! Check the tools available!

JW2009
Aug 24 2012, 07:59 AM
It's only fields that are plowed and ready for seeding that the Bulldozer deletes in group numbers, everything else you have to do ONE BY ONE and i think its crazy by now with all the improvements. - thank youCindy I have a the large bulldozer for months! Haven't had to do the one by one thing for a long time! Check the tools available!

Jean's Farm
Aug 24 2012, 08:23 AM
Oh my goodness....I got all excited when I saw the upgrade regarding flash player.

Unfortunately, I am running really, really, really, really, really s-l-o-w now. :( Granted I'm working on my farm with all my trees on it but.......half the time the tree will not highlight when you click on it. And trying to put them in storage takes forever for it to move to what you want in the popup window.

I think it made mine worse.....

And I used to be on WF4 and lately I'm on W36.....can I get WF4 back??? Never had any trouble when I was on WF4.

Oh and I have the 10.3 upgrade....chrome hasn't upgraded me to the new 10.4 yet.

borcharl
Aug 24 2012, 08:59 AM
I installed Flash Player 11.4 on my Firefox browser and Farm Town would not load. Went back to Flash Player 11.2 and Farm Town loads again.

Taz D
Aug 24 2012, 10:26 AM
I have firefox and wondered if anyone had the new 11.4 for that and how its working, cuz last week i had to uninstall 11.3 and put 11.2 in--11.2 seems fine in firefox but still kinda slow and kinda"glitchy"..ty
So far 11.4 is working and even a little faster than before

Taz D
Aug 24 2012, 10:33 AM
Oh my goodness....I got all excited when I saw the upgrade regarding flash player.

Unfortunately, I am running really, really, really, really, really s-l-o-w now. :( Granted I'm working on my farm with all my trees on it but.......half the time the tree will not highlight when you click on it. And trying to put them in storage takes forever for it to move to what you want in the popup window.

I think it made mine worse.....

And I used to be on WF4 and lately I'm on W36.....can I get WF4 back??? Never had any trouble when I was on WF4.

Oh and I have the 10.3 upgrade....chrome hasn't upgraded me to the new 10.4 yet.
10.3 or 11.3? Should be 11.3 for Chrome. They have not upgraded Chrome to 11.4 yet.

crafty chris
Aug 24 2012, 11:01 AM
still crashed for me but i am using chrome awaiting the chrome update before i know its worked .. i got the updated flash earlier so chrome shouldnt be long ;)

Flaky Angel
Aug 24 2012, 01:06 PM
I got the upgraded Farm Town version yesterday and all I can say is WOW! No crashes and my entire experience has speeded up and is much smoother. So what ever you did, devs, keep up the good work. Hugsssssssssss to all of you.

texlady
Aug 24 2012, 02:50 PM
I got my update yesterday and have had nothing but problems ever since. I lost a southern colonial gift that was in my gift box, neighbors can't work on my farm, I can't work facilities or services for neighbors when I use the link in the newsfeed page OR by going to the individual's wall for the link. The farm comes up, it will let me TEND the farm but not work facilities or services. When working a neighbors farm (that has hired me) signs come up saying not ready when it is, always saving, long lag time and can't control cursor. Have used all links provided with troubleshooting(no help) removed FT and reinstalled, cleared everything and still all problems exist. Problem does not appear to be on my end. Can someone please help so I can get back in the game? Thank you

Farmgirl1706
Aug 24 2012, 05:11 PM
I am proud to say that after the fix from the devs and flash 11.4 .....I have had no problems so far . Thanks guys

Taz D
Aug 24 2012, 05:17 PM
I got my update yesterday and have had nothing but problems ever since. I lost a southern colonial gift that was in my gift box, neighbors can't work on my farm, I can't work facilities or services for neighbors when I use the link in the newsfeed page OR by going to the individual's wall for the link. The farm comes up, it will let me TEND the farm but not work facilities or services. When working a neighbors farm (that has hired me) signs come up saying not ready when it is, always saving, long lag time and can't control cursor. Have used all links provided with troubleshooting(no help) removed FT and reinstalled, cleared everything and still all problems exist. Problem does not appear to be on my end. Can someone please help so I can get back in the game? Thank you
The working problem has been intermittent and around for a lot longer than this update. Try the suggestions in the following thread for those:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489918

puzzler2
Aug 25 2012, 03:03 AM
Your Farmtown version has been updated at Aug 23 21:10PM, this version should cause less flash plugin crashes.

and i havent notiuced one iota of difference end of farmtown for me i thinks, and yes i have cleared cache and done ever thing else

Texas Belle
Aug 25 2012, 09:34 AM
Cindy I have a the large bulldozer for months! Haven't had to do the one by one thing for a long time! Check the tools available!

The bulldozer we have right now only deletes plowed fields, she is asking for one for flowers and trees.. which I think its a wonderful idea, not specially the trees because I do not delete trees, but the flowers? It is a pain to go one by one if you want to move or delete.. It would be wonderful to have something to delete a whole bunch at a time.

KnightRider
Aug 25 2012, 10:22 AM
The bulldozer we have right now only deletes plowed fields, she is asking for one for flowers and trees.. which I think its a wonderful idea, not specially the trees because I do not delete trees, but the flowers? It is a pain to go one by one if you want to move or delete.. It would be wonderful to have something to delete a whole bunch at a time.

It has been mentioned in the suggestion section for a tool to add multiple trees or flowers to storage just like the tree shakers and flower harvester. Would rather put them in storage and be able to sell them and get a little bit of coin back, instead of just deleting them and get nothing.

maggiel29
Aug 25 2012, 10:41 AM
It has been mentioned in the suggestion section for a tool to add multiple trees or flowers to storage just like the tree shakers and flower harvester. Would rather put them in storage and be able to sell them and get a little bit of coin back, instead of just deleting them and get nothing.

When you delete something the Mayor auctions it and gives you coins.

KnightRider
Aug 25 2012, 11:39 AM
When you delete something the Mayor auctions it and gives you coins.

I just tried it and it says on the top of the screen instead of like when you sell it tells you how many coins you are getting, so if you aren't paying attention to the top of the screen you won't see that message.

Troubleinparadise
Aug 25 2012, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=Satis;5252914][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Very impressed by people who fear they may be banned for fast clicking. I think I might be banned for slow clicking. Or perhaps I could have a special personal level: Slothful Farmer.

I AM SCARED TO FAST CLICK!! it DID ban me for it...I have NO BOT or AUTO CLICKER of any kind.....banned for a week. my mouse is 5 years old so no new tech equipt there! the automated system that "found" it should be BANNED!!:mad::confused:

guess not enough ppl complaining that it banned them for fast click harvesting yet. love the game hate the glitches, and also the restrictions of more farms for ppl who do not have the nieghbors to get a 3rd or 4th farm.(at least) the ratio's are not right at all. IMHO

hurican
Aug 25 2012, 01:55 PM
Ok........ my farms were doing well before the Aug 23rd update ......... now ...... snails move faster than my farm does. Its taken me an hour to plant 1 farm ....... i am up to date on everything an do clean outs daily an hourly if i'm real busy with the farms.
This is a point of info post only ........ love the farmin !

Dutch85
Aug 25 2012, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=Satis;5252914][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Very impressed by people who fear they may be banned for fast clicking. I think I might be banned for slow clicking. Or perhaps I could have a special personal level: Slothful Farmer.

I AM SCARED TO FAST CLICK!! it DID ban me for it...I have NO BOT or AUTO CLICKER of any kind.....banned for a week. my mouse is 5 years old so no new tech equipt there! the automated system that "found" it should be BANNED!!:mad::confused:

guess not enough ppl complaining that it banned them for fast click harvesting yet. love the game hate the glitches, and also the restrictions of more farms for ppl who do not have the nieghbors to get a 3rd or 4th farm.(at least) the ratio's are not right at all. IMHO

Sorry for your trouble. I hope you don't mind me asking, but were you given a warning first or just banned? Just wondering what the rest of us can expect. I have to admit, I did use an auto clicker at one time, but I deleted it because I found I didn't need it with the big tools.

Troubleinparadise
Aug 25 2012, 04:45 PM
i was given a warning but since i don't use one or ever had it installed i clicked "accept terms" and it let me back in and played for about 2 days and was putting stuff in storage and it froze and went to the screen that said farm town has AGAIN banned your acct for using a bot or auto clicker BLAH BLAH BLAH
banned until aug 31--
then i read of someone banned this morning when buy sheep, and u know how fast we click those things setting them on farm..

so yes something wrong somewhere. I have written tony just a few mins ago and the support team earlier today and still not gotten back in.

Taz D
Aug 25 2012, 05:38 PM
i was given a warning but since i don't use one or ever had it installed i clicked "accept terms" and it let me back in and played for about 2 days and was putting stuff in storage and it froze and went to the screen that said farm town has AGAIN banned your acct for using a bot or auto clicker BLAH BLAH BLAH
banned until aug 31--
then i read of someone banned this morning when buy sheep, and u know how fast we click those things setting them on farm..

so yes something wrong somewhere. I have written tony just a few mins ago and the support team earlier today and still not gotten back in.
It can take any where from a few hours up to a couple weeks for support to get back to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours. And since it is the weekend and a hurricane is in the area then I would not expect an answer very soon. Tony nor any of the moderators can do anything to help with this.

wsmith101
Aug 26 2012, 01:12 AM
isn't it about time to close the thread?? just wondering

ckpeer@gmail.com
Aug 26 2012, 06:14 AM

I got banned for harvesting with my Combine 6 x 6 harvest plant tool. (NO BOT involved) I was harvesting manually, timed out, when I refreshed, I had the ban message. I have posted about this problem repeatedly, and find that my posts are now BANNED, I have been referred to SK, and receive NO answer, apology, or anything from them. I've been watching the forum and find that this happens to a fair number of folk, and that their posts also "disappear" from the forum.

KnightRider
Aug 26 2012, 06:20 AM
[QUOTE=Troubleinparadise;5262458]

I got banned for harvesting with my Combine 6 x 6 harvest plant tool. (NO BOT involved) I was harvesting manually, timed out, when I refreshed, I had the ban message. I have posted about this problem repeatedly, and find that my posts are now BANNED, I have been referred to SK, and receive NO answer, apology, or anything from them. I've been watching the forum and find that this happens to a fair number of folk, and that their posts also "disappear" from the forum.

You are being referred to Slashkey support cause nothing can be done through the forum, it can take a couple of weeks depending on how many tickets they have and I have heard that there is a hurricane in their area so that could delay stuff while they worry about the hurricane.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Aug 26 2012, 06:24 AM
[QUOTE=ckpeer@gmail.com;5262918]

You are being referred to Slashkey support cause nothing can be done through the forum, it can take a couple of weeks depending on how many tickets they have and I have heard that there is a hurricane in their area so that could delay stuff while they worry about the hurricane.

@Kitt, thanks for the quick response. My first email to SK was August 3, 2012, and I am still waiting. :)

mpwhitford
Aug 26 2012, 11:37 AM
Ok........ my farms were doing well before the Aug 23rd update ......... now ...... snails move faster than my farm does. Its taken me an hour to plant 1 farm ....... i am up to date on everything an do clean outs daily an hourly if i'm real busy with the farms.
This is a point of info post only ........ love the farmin !

Same with me. I have to click 10 or 15 times just to plant ONE ROW!!!!! I've written slashkey and asked them to switch me back but I'm sure that ain't gonna happen! This is purely unacceptable to me. It took me over an hour to plant one farm also.

I've spent less and less time on here because it is just ridiculous how slow it is. FT used to be fun. I'd get up in the am excited to get to work on my farms. Now? not at all interested. I half assed pay attention but not looking forward to much of anything FT could offer in the future. I'm amazed I haven't gotten a warning about clicking because there are times I simply sit and click as fast as I can out of frustration as well as swear at my computer, shake my mouse at the screen, pound on the enter key! gets out my frustration is about all.

Farmtown has taken 5 giant steps back into the past. It should be moving forward. Hey! here's an idea - NO MORE FARMS PLEASE!!!!!

StoneFace
Aug 26 2012, 11:46 AM
Farmtown has taken 5 giant steps back into the past. It should be moving forward. Hey! here's an idea - NO MORE FARMS PLEASE!!!!!

Well, take a deep breath... there WILL be at least a farm 16, most likely at LEAST 20 farms...

the comforting thing about it all... no one HAS to purchase the farms, or, if they do, they do not have to expand to even 24x24, much less 30x30.

Maybe I should take a new small farm and fill it with the older tools that are unnecessary, cuz I have the new stuff... kinda like a used car lot... lol

ImajeanB
Aug 26 2012, 11:46 AM
Mine is much better since the new version upgrade! Thanks Slashkey!!! It's a shame some ask for things that sound selfish to me. I enjoy FT and ALL the updates you give us. Keep up your great work!!!!!

Texas Belle
Aug 26 2012, 11:48 AM
I just tried it and it says on the top of the screen instead of like when you sell it tells you how many coins you are getting, so if you aren't paying attention to the top of the screen you won't see that message.

I know about that that is why I do not delete trees, they go into storage for further use, like they come up with something needing that kind of tree, I keep for 3 or 4 months if nothing comes up, then I delete them from storage or sell them at the market from items. The flowers I just delete right away and get the coins, I can always buy more if I need to, they are no problem. Not as expensive as some trees, lol

KnightRider
Aug 26 2012, 11:52 AM
Well, take a deep breath... there WILL be at least a farm 16, most likely at LEAST 20 farms...

the comforting thing about it all... no one HAS to purchase the farms, or, if they do, they do not have to expand to even 24x24, much less 30x30.

Maybe I should take a new small farm and fill it with the older tools that are unnecessary, cuz I have the new stuff... kinda like a used car lot... lol

My farm 15 is my storage farm, I have put most of my stuff from my storage on that farm along with some my older tools that I don't need right now, but I also can't get rid of in case of a problem with my bigger tools. I am happy right now with 15 farms at 28x28. Might if there is a 16 purchase it for my storage farm then I could have all 15 other farms to decorate or make a working farm.

Texas Belle
Aug 26 2012, 11:57 AM
isn't it about time to close the thread?? just wondering

I don't think so yet, not until everybody's game is working satisfactorily.. and remember they have a mini-hurricane waiting to hit Florida and the developers are there, so everything will back up 2 or 3 days.

I was one of the people that tested the new version that everybody got on this week, the Aug 23 updated, and it is working fine for me and it had for a week before that. If you are on Google Chrome, you may have to upgrade to Flash Player 11.4 manually and everybody here has been saying how to, I run my computer with Safari and was having a lot of trouble and that is when I got a message from Raul to test first without the mayor helping and then the updated version. I don't want to say what it works for me would work for you but I am sure I was not the only one doing this test so that everybody could run smooth with the game.
Happy farming everyone!!

KnightRider
Aug 26 2012, 11:59 AM
I don't think so yet, not until everybody's game is working satisfactorily.. and remember they have a mini-hurricane waiting to hit Florida and the developers are there, so everything will back up 2 or 3 days.

I was one of the people that tested the new version that everybody got on this week, the Aug 23 updated, and it is working fine for me and it had for a week before that. If you are on Google Chrome, you may have to upgrade to Flash Player 11.4 manually and everybody here has been saying how to, I run my computer with Safari and was having a lot of trouble and that is when I got a message from Raul to test first without the mayor helping and then the updated version. I don't want to say what it works for me would work for you but I am sure I was not the only one doing this test so that everybody could run smooth with the game.
Happy farming everyone!!

If they waited for everybody's game to be working satisfactory we would never have had a new release.

Texas Belle
Aug 26 2012, 12:02 PM

They go in 3s StoneFace so it will be 21 and from then on, you are of age and responsible for your farms, lol

Texas Belle
Aug 26 2012, 12:03 PM
Mine is much better since the new version upgrade! Thanks Slashkey!!! It's a shame some ask for things that sound selfish to me. I enjoy FT and ALL the updates you give us. Keep up your great work!!!!!

Great to hear that, happy farming!!

StoneFace
Aug 26 2012, 01:44 PM
They go in 3s StoneFace so it will be 21 and from then on, you are of age and responsible for your farms, lol

lol... nah, I think it is just famous people who die in 3s..

but a 4th row of "diamonds" would indicate 4x5 = 20

then 5x5 for 25 farms.... hehehehe

MIRIAM DEL VALLE
Aug 26 2012, 03:19 PM
: Confused:I have problems with the new flash player

Docperk
Aug 26 2012, 06:17 PM
Well I upgraded to the new flash yesterday and today flash crashed again. I had been on my field planted a couple of fields, went to Facebook page made a couple of comments, worked 1 neighbors facilities, went back to Facebook, loaded my farm and it hung and crashed. My farm is on WF36.

Taz D
Aug 26 2012, 06:43 PM
: Confused:I have problems with the new flash player
What kind of problems? Rather difficult to try to help without some more information.

anglnwhite
Aug 26 2012, 07:41 PM

I see enough room in the current grid for 25 farms with adjustments to our current farm positions. 25 would make me happy enough to stop asking for more ... for now. :D

KnightRider
Aug 26 2012, 07:54 PM
I see enough room in the current grid for 25 farms with adjustments to our current farm positions. 25 would make me happy enough to stop asking for more ... for now. :D

You will never be satisfied with 25, you say that would be enough then when the 25th comes out you would say it couldn't hurt to go to 30 farms. :D

TerriFlynn
Aug 26 2012, 09:35 PM
Just wanted to say that everything is working fine for me. I am using Dragon browser, like it much better than Chrome.

Ready and eagerly awaiting next update and farm 16!

Thanks to the developers and hope they stay safe tonight/tomorrow as Issac blows thru. ;)

roz1972
Aug 27 2012, 03:13 AM
the update is working fine for me also i am wf10

jkmyer
Aug 27 2012, 08:22 AM
we are wf2 & wf7 no problems just a few glitches in the last month or so,

maggiel29
Aug 27 2012, 09:25 AM
Just a change of subject - the new farming people dont hide with anything - can you add them to the list of decorations or something please?

anglnwhite
Aug 27 2012, 10:24 AM
You will never be satisfied with 25, you say that would be enough then when the 25th comes out you would say it couldn't hurt to go to 30 farms. :D

No doubt, Kitt, that you could be correct. I still have SO much to do! And I hope that when the time comes, Slashkey gives us advance warning so we can adjust to what they choose to give us. I'll keep asking until they tell us we're done.

In the meantime, 25 FARMS or BUST! :D:D:D:D:D

Texas Belle
Aug 27 2012, 11:59 AM
Well I upgraded to the new flash yesterday and today flash crashed again. I had been on my field planted a couple of fields, went to Facebook page made a couple of comments, worked 1 neighbors facilities, went back to Facebook, loaded my farm and it hung and crashed. My farm is on WF36.

That will happen when you load in too many pages even if you get out of them, the trace still goes.. when you go back to your farm clean all cache and then start again.. it happens to me when I try to answer those little comments that come out on the bottom to your left, if you don't want crashes, leave them alone and when you finish then go back and comment on them. It is ok to go and do facilities but I don't know why it does not like when we leave the page to go to comments, lol

Texas Belle
Aug 27 2012, 12:03 PM
Just a change of subject - the new farming people dont hide with anything - can you add them to the list of decorations or something please?

They just sit there, you can go over them, seed on top, they don't bother me, we won't kill them if we go over them with the harvester or plower, I like them around, they even kneel on water!! LOL

Texas Belle
Aug 27 2012, 12:06 PM
No doubt, Kitt, that you could be correct. I still have SO much to do! And I hope that when the time comes, Slashkey gives us advance warning so we can adjust to what they choose to give us. I'll keep asking until they tell us we're done.

In the meantime, 25 FARMS or BUST! :D:D:D:D:D

You and Kitt are too funny, I would like some more too, but wouldn't if be nice if with what we have we could join them together a see a continuation of what we have? Of course then we would have to redo them because right now each stands alone and don't know if one would be compatible with the other, interesting to see the trains going around and joining the farms together. What do you think?

JohnAlbertini
Aug 27 2012, 12:27 PM

I'd be happy with 16 farms. What I need is MORE LEVELS, like 300 more, LOL!

I'm almost to 30 million XP and with the current maximum at level 360 only requiring 12 million XP I have 18 million USELESS XP! At 65,000 per level that's 275 levels I'm not getting but I've EARNED!

If I could buy more facilities with new levels maybe then I'd want to have more farms but I can't afford new facilities when we only get 25 levels every three MONTHS. That doesn't even buy one facility!!!

I have all the farms I need for the facilities I have now.

anglnwhite
Aug 27 2012, 02:32 PM
You and Kitt are too funny, I would like some more too, but wouldn't if be nice if with what we have we could join them together a see a continuation of what we have? Of course then we would have to redo them because right now each stands alone and don't know if one would be compatible with the other, interesting to see the trains going around and joining the farms together. What do you think?

My greatest hope is that someday we can move around all our farms the way one would if they were using Google Earth. But that would be a massive undertaking for the devs and I'm not so sure that Adobe Flash can provide a platform for that type of gameplay (Although I wouldn't be disappointed to learn that I'm wrong about that). FT will also need to remain financially viable in order for Slashkey to continue to throw resources at development.

Speaking of which, isn't it time to close this thread and get on with it?:D

KnightRider
Aug 27 2012, 02:40 PM

That is what I am doing right now, making all of my farms one big County. All of my farms are connected by the roads and tracks. I started doing this when they brought out the train tracks. What I do is get one ready and then take a photo of it and then print it out in paint, so then I know what is on the connecting farms. I am hoping that one day they will make it so that we can view all of them connected. I have them all at 28x28.

I have saw where someone had all of their farms connected, so it is possible, I just don't know how.

lizabetta
Aug 27 2012, 04:56 PM
THANK YOU...THANK YOU....Finally help with the facilities...I was starting to give up on working others facilities because it took sooo long sometimes....I love this sooooo much!!!!!

1fritz
Aug 27 2012, 09:04 PM
My farm 15 is my storage farm, I have put most of my stuff from my storage on that farm along with some my older tools that I don't need right now, but I also can't get rid of in case of a problem with my bigger tools. I am happy right now with 15 farms at 28x28. Might if there is a 16 purchase it for my storage farm then I could have all 15 other farms to decorate or make a working farm.

I cannot find the original post from Stoneface saying "take a deep breath" "there will be farm 16. I truly hope he is correct.
I'm ready.

Fritz

psycho_mommi
Aug 27 2012, 10:09 PM
isn't it ABOUT TIME for a mod to CLOSE this thread????? lollllllll :D:D:D

KnightRider
Aug 27 2012, 10:59 PM
On the 23rd I guessed that it would be closed tomorrow the 28th so we will see and then if there is a New Release it would be on Saturday the 1st.

Ellen Betty Nelson
Aug 27 2012, 11:38 PM

Please make it so we can move them, or put into storage, not only delete them!

Thank You

Ellen Betty Nelson
Aug 27 2012, 11:49 PM
Same with me. I have to click 10 or 15 times just to plant ONE ROW!!!!! I've written slashkey and asked them to switch me back but I'm sure that ain't gonna happen! This is purely unacceptable to me. It took me over an hour to plant one farm also. ..............

I was just wondering in reading this and others before it, Do you suppose that this is happening because that we [and me also] got the larger farms. Maybe not only the farms, but up-grading to the '30 x 30' size?.. You know that when we do up-grade to the larger size we recieve the warning that it could make our game [or was it the page load slower] warning.
I do love this game, and I did up-grade all but 1 of my farms, and will do that one when I 'find' the $ to do it with.

Thanks for the game.

driverdave
Aug 28 2012, 05:08 AM
Please make it so we can move them, or put into storage, not only delete them!

Thank You

We already have the ability to store everything....use the add item to storage tool (looks like a little shed) very easy and easy to replant as they flow from storage till you run out

Ellen Betty Nelson
Aug 28 2012, 05:41 AM
We already have the ability to store everything....use the add item to storage tool (looks like a little shed) very easy and easy to replant as they flow from storage till you run out

Yes... You can put them back onto the farm like that......
But what I am saying that Right now, you have to click on each tree to put it into storage. Would be much simpler if I could get a 'bunch' of trees to go into storage with one click.

debcorley
Aug 28 2012, 05:45 AM
before the fix i had the occasional crash WF4 but since the fix it is taking forever to load farms especially if i h/p one then try to move on to the next this happens whether i do the farms myself, hire a neighbour or get someone from the market today i have had more crashes than ever and am finding no one to work more than one farm because of the slow loading problems ...FT is my vice i hope these problems go away sooooooon

peekachoo
Aug 28 2012, 11:20 AM
I'm late in saying it...but thanks Devs for doing the update thing, things are working alot better now. I downloaded the newer version of Flash too (11.4 something?) for Mozilla and Chrome and that appears to be ok too.

freemanwpb
Aug 28 2012, 11:34 AM
Your prices for your farm expansions is outrageous.

KnightRider
Aug 28 2012, 01:55 PM

Do you have all of the farms yet, if not, then it would be better to purchase some more farms you would get more land. The higher upgrades are for the farmers that have most if not all of the other farms and then decide to expand.

HelenJS22
Aug 28 2012, 05:27 PM

Kitt is right. I'd just like to add that once you expand your farms to the level you can with coins, it then becomes extremely easy to work your way up quite quickly to more than enough coin to afford the largest expansions.

Molly Mew
Aug 28 2012, 07:13 PM
Hi everyone. :)

We're keeping this thread open a bit longer than usual in case there's any more feedback about the flash problems.

Please let us know if the game is running OK, or if you're still experiencing difficulties.

Thanks. :)

beverduster
Aug 28 2012, 07:18 PM
adobe sent me the upgrade to 14 dont no if it will help or not, havent tried it out yet

holla
Aug 28 2012, 07:42 PM
adobe sent me the upgrade to 14 dont no if it will help or not, havent tried it out yet

Im scared to try the 11.4..lol, installed 11.2 , 2 weeks ago, and had no problems.Knock,knock:)

yeah 11.3 was really messed up

bjyhey3
Aug 28 2012, 09:17 PM

We're keeping this thread open a bit longer than usual in case there's any more feedback about the flash problems.

Please let us know if the game is running OK, or if you're still experiencing difficulties.

I keep my flash up-to-date and wasn't having problems of any kind until you "updated" my farm. Now it has trouble loading by that I mean it won't load at all for a while...yes, I empty my cache and clear my history...I am using Safari and even restart my computer. Not a fan of fixing what isn't broken!
Love the game but...

kahra01
Aug 28 2012, 09:46 PM
I wasnt having any trouble at all before the update, but since the update, its alot faster.. loving this! great job Devs :)

Petuniaflower
Aug 28 2012, 09:49 PM
I have no problem loading my farm. But while doing something on my farm, it will freeze, the screen turns green, I get it out of big screen mode, and it will show a previous farm I have done, undone with a large black rectangle in the middle, What it does after that I don't know. Because I keep a tab with facebook, just for this happening. Rather than crash, I go to facebook page and get rid of the one Farmtown was on. Then I bring up a new tab, and bring farmtown back.

I know you tech's will think, Crazy Ole woman, but it works for me. :D

And I clean out everything :D

Windows vista
W something 3
32 whatever
Comodo

Taz I can't remember everything!

anglnwhite
Aug 28 2012, 10:32 PM
Only had two or three flash crashes when I was working facilities BEFORE the update to FT. Reloaded the same farms immediately without problem afterward.

Have not had a single crash since the update and absolutely no issues with loading the game or playing.

Hope everyone else can say the same very soon.

Abbey's Acres
Aug 28 2012, 11:42 PM
I installed Flash 11.4 12 days ago & saw immediate improvement. I had my first crash about 5 mins. ago & have had only one time-out with this latest version. It's a major improvement over 11.3 that made it almost impossible to play. I'm using Firefox on a 64 bit system with 12g ram - server WF4 at the moment.

anneandjuice
Aug 29 2012, 02:25 AM
I'm using Chrome and still the flash player has not updated to version 11.4. Needless to say I am still having some problems. I'm on WF5 and the flash version is 11,3,31,230. Is there any way I can update it manually to 11.4 please?

Thanks
Anne

roz1972
Aug 29 2012, 04:46 AM
i had a crash and i have 11.6.4r634 installed ....?????? and the passed 2 days have been fine , i use google chrome but i have to say the farm i was working on was very heavily layered i mean it took me 45 mins to harvest and plow a farm and i have tools (just so you get the gist)

dont know where i got that version from but actually i have 11.3 installed so gonna go see if i can upgrade then i will come back let you know how i am getting on

roz1972
Aug 29 2012, 04:52 AM
well when i go to upgrade it says my chrome will automatically upgrade and as far as i can see 11.3 is the most update for chrome but the 11.4 is for I.E , mozilla , firefox , netscape and opera , have i read this correct from the adobe flash player site?

ianski71@btinternet.com
Aug 29 2012, 06:04 AM
I must be one of the lucky ones i have never had any problems with the game, may be once or twice its crashed when doing friends farms but hey-ho its gotta happen sometime, reaaly love the game and can't wait for next updates, sooner the better me finks. well done devs you're doin a great job keep it going

HelenJS22
Aug 29 2012, 06:19 AM

Thanks Molly, running really well for me :D

bjyhey3
Aug 29 2012, 07:41 AM
Actually my game is loading properly now...all is well. You probably kept me from crashing in the first place...Thank YouI keep my flash up-to-date and wasn't having problems of any kind until you "updated" my farm. Now it has trouble loading by that I mean it won't load at all for a while...yes, I empty my cache and clear my history...I am using Safari and even restart my computer. Not a fan of fixing what isn't broken!
Love the game but...

peekachoo
Aug 29 2012, 08:43 AM
well when i go to upgrade it says my chrome will automatically upgrade and as far as i can see 11.3 is the most update for chrome but the 11.4 is for I.E , mozilla , firefox , netscape and opera , have i read this correct from the adobe flash player site?

Roz, you need to tweak under Chrome's bonnet to get the new version of Flash installed, you can download it onto Mozilla first though.

If you type in chrome : plugins ( with no gaps) into the address bar it takes you to a list of what you have installed, click on details at the right hand side, and you should be able to see which version of Flash is currently enabled, and if you have downloaded the 11.4 version it should be listed there too even though Chrome may not have picked it up. Disable the 11.3 one and then enable the 11.4 from there. I did this and it's worked fine for me.

Hope this helps :)

KnightRider
Aug 29 2012, 08:54 AM
Roz, you need to tweak under Chrome's bonnet to get the new version of Flash installed, you can download it onto Mozilla first though.

If you type in chrome : plugins ( with no gaps) into the address bar it takes you to a list of what you have installed, click on details at the right hand side, and you should be able to see which version of Flash is currently enabled, and if you have downloaded the 11.4 version it should be listed there too even though Chrome may not have picked it up. Disable the 11.3 one and then enable the 11.4 from there. I did this and it's worked fine for me.

Hope this helps :)

11.3 is the current one on Chrome you to get 11.4 for Chrome you have to disable all of the files in Chrome and it should use the non Chrome one according to what I have heard in the forum.

Just tried and after I disabled it I tried to load Farm Town and it said had to upgrade Flash Player, so I click on where it said "here", it took me to adobe and it said I had disabled my flash player and asked if I wanted to download 11.4, so I clicked on download and it did download 11.4 into my computer. Will see how it does.

Dutch85
Aug 29 2012, 09:18 AM
11.3 is the current one on Chrome you to get 11.4 for Chrome you have to disable all of the files in Chrome and it should use the non Chrome one according to what I have heard in the forum.

Just tried and after I disabled it I tried to load Farm Town and it said had to upgrade Flash Player, so I click on where it said "here", it took me to adobe and it said I had disabled my flash player and asked if I wanted to download 11.4, so I clicked on download and it did download 11.4 into my computer. Will see how it does.

I am using Chrome and I don't have 11.4 yet either. Won't Chrome eventually upgrade? I'm not having any trouble, so I think I will just wait it out.
I'm on WF1

peekachoo
Aug 29 2012, 09:30 AM

Ah right Kitt, they must have changed that since I tweaked mine last week because I wasn't prompted to download the 11.4 version. I haven't had any problems with it at all, so I hope all goes well for you too.

Petuniaflower
Aug 29 2012, 03:09 PM
I switched to Mozilla today, my favorite if it works good. Everything went smoothly.I am going to see how it does doing neighbors facilities now.

Petuniaflower
Aug 29 2012, 03:41 PM
I just did the facilities of 6 neighbors, I have to say it was quite speedy. I hope this is a GOOD OMEN!

Sandy Mae
Aug 29 2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the updates Raul!!! Good so far!!!

Majik Merlin
Aug 29 2012, 08:35 PM

21 would make the grid unbalanced. I think Stone is correct in that if they add one more farm, it will ultimately be 20

KnightRider
Aug 29 2012, 08:43 PM
21 would make the grid unbalanced. I think Stone is correct in that if they add one more farm, it will ultimately be 20

If they make 20 farms, they will have to add a 4th column instead of 3 columns, cause right now they have 5 rows of 3 columns, for 20 they would have to make it 5 rows of 4 columns, so 21 would be better at 7 rows of 3 columns and I would rather they keep the columns at three and just keep adding rows, otherwise I have to re-organize my farms.

zippity
Aug 29 2012, 08:56 PM
Is anyone else having trouble working facilities? It lets me click on the request but when I go to their farm to work their facilities the popup does not come up and I am just left standing there

jerrbearsr
Aug 29 2012, 09:53 PM
Is anyone else having trouble working facilities? It lets me click on the request but when I go to their farm to work their facilities the popup does not come up and I am just left standing there

Happens to me also I just wait a little while and then it works. Don't know what the difference is, but it works sometimes just clicking the post again works.

maggiel29
Aug 30 2012, 01:02 AM

This is an ongoing problem - there is a thread somewhere in Help and Support. Try going to your own farm first and then navigate to the neighbours farm - do any pop ups about watering etc then go back and click on the original post for workers.

RFMad
Aug 30 2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Mew View Post
Hi everyone.

Thanks.
I'm still having crashes when I'm on my own farm I'm on an XP and Firefox. Both Adobe & Firefox have just updated and I'm still having problems. It just really gets slow & then freezes and I know it's going to crash. I know there was a link to find which server, but I can't find it now. Thanks - I still love the game! :)

maggiel29
Aug 30 2012, 02:25 AM
Dont know if this problem is related to the Flash player problems but I am suddenly unable to post any requests for work or bonuses - I get the pop up asking if I want to post - click yes and then nothing at all!

Im using Google Chrome with Flash player 11.3.31.230. I did disable the old Flash plug ins and download the newest one but it was so unbearably slow I went back to this one.

Chrome itself has not updated to the newer version of Flash (11.4???)

I have had no other problems with crashing as others have.

Im on WF8, using Windows 7, on a fast broadband connection.

I just tried the game and posting my Services work in Firefox and it works so it must be a Google Chrome issue.

psycho_mommi
Aug 30 2012, 04:21 AM
do i detect a new release??? never saw a cancer research center before.....

psycho_mommi
Aug 30 2012, 04:25 AM
i think i need sleeeeeeepppppp!!!! lolllll

maggiel29
Aug 30 2012, 05:12 AM
i think i need sleeeeeeepppppp!!!! lolllll

Sorry you do need sleep - had that Cancer Research building on my Farm 3 for a while. Sweet Dreams.

StoneFace
Aug 30 2012, 06:45 AM
I hooked the CRC right up to a Hospital... next to the Nursing Home,... which is next to the B&B

now.... I am ready for farm 16, and while I wait... gotta work more on the ballads, or psycho-mommi and others will put me into that nursing home.

JW2009
Aug 30 2012, 08:04 AM
I'm quite surprised that 4 weeks ago today the New Release came out and that this thread has not been closed, I hope everything is ok with the Dev. - Thank You & Happy Farming :)