PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- August 2nd, 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raul
Aug 02 2012, 09:44 AM
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Aug 23th, 9:10PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 15 Farming People as Gifts: All Farming Implements were moved to the Store.

2. Traffic signs in opposite direction.

3. 30 x 30 Farm Expansions for farms 11 - 15: Here are the prices -> 4,000,000,000 Coins or 30 FarmCash.

4. Alternate views for Chocolate Factory and Ice Cream Shop: The new Ice Cream Shop is similar to the old one but darker.

5. Faster to work neighbour facilities: When you start working your neighbour facilities you now will only have to complete the first half of the facilities on each farm, after that, the Mayor will help you with the rest in one click.

In the near future, if you have a train dispatched, the more different Freight Cars you have dispatched the more the Mayor will help you when working neighbour facilities.

6. New Freight Cars:

Long Hopper Car: Brings you Pile of Silver nuggets, Pile of Gold nuggets, Pile of raw Diamonds, Salt, Clay block, Quartz Rock and Soda Crystals

Long Well Car: Brings you Bread, Hamburger Buns, Cinnamon Bundle, Olive Oil and Chocolate Liquor

Long Gondola Car: Brings you Sugar, Honey and Beeswax

7. Freight Train Components mutiple rotated views: Freight Locomotives will have 4 views and Freight Cars will have 6 views.

***Notice*** that although you can now build trains in different shape and forms, when you Dispatch a train, only the Long Freight Cars aligned with their Locomotive in a straight line will be Dispatched. This limitation will probably be removed in the future.

8. Long Freight Cars don't have facilities requirements anymore: To minimize confusion, you now always be able tu purchase any Long Freight Cars even if you don't have any facility in current farm or storage.

9. People with locked trains that couldn't be moved or dispatched (even if the trains were unloaded but not dispatched again) should now see their trains unlocked and ready to move or dispatch: This bug has been almost completely fixed according to our monitoring.

10. Mediterranean Restaurant (Coins): Produces Mediterranean Food.

Greek Salad
Falafel Wraps
Hummus Dip
Stuffed Grape Leaves
Gyros Sandwich
Lamb-Veggies Kebab
Couscous-Lamb Stew
Baklava

New related products on other facilities:

Plain Yougurt and Feta Cheese at the Dairy Processing Plant
Couscous at the Windmills
Pita Bread at the Bakery
Lamb at the Semi-Truck or as Gift

11. Beach Gear Factory (FC): Produces Beach Gear.

Kayak
Towel Set
Swim Fins
Snorkel
Volleyball Net
Aquacycle
Chair
Oxygen Tank

12. Hardware Shop (Coins): The Hardware Shop building already in the game was upgraded to a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Clamp
Square
Hammer
Level
Folding Ruler
Carpenter Pencil
Tool Belt
Combination Pliers

13. Beach Gear Rentals (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Volleyball
Kayak
Towel Set
Swim Fins
Snorkel
Volleyball Net
Aquacycle
Chair
Oxygen Tank

Enjoy!

--Raul

Known Issues

- Flash crashing: We are still researching this issue, we will post again when we have more information.

Post Release Updates - Aug 14th, 01:01PM EST

- On Aug 14th Adobe released a new version of the Flash Player, 11.3.300.271, please report if you experience any improvements with the Flash crashing.

Post Release Updates - Aug 23th, 9:10PM EST

- Bugfix to the current Farmtown version so it should experience less flash plugin crashes. Also, adobe released a new flash plugin version as well, 11.4 which we haven't tested yet but we hope it's better.

lab lover
Aug 02 2012, 09:45 AM
Thank you :)

dianedrayson
Aug 02 2012, 09:53 AM
What great timing! Normally I don't see a new release until hours later. Such fun. Thank you to all.

Jean's Farm
Aug 02 2012, 09:53 AM
Woohoo...thank you!!! I knew you were doing something big cause it took me 15 min to work 10 of my neighbors facs. I finally gave up. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

rjohn726
Aug 02 2012, 10:01 AM
Love the Farmer popping up working on stuff.

Thanks for the improvements for the trains also

By the way the time saved working on neighbors farms is wonderful

gffarmer
Aug 02 2012, 10:03 AM
Yeah!! Great update!! People!!! Many many thanks!!

barbaraelwart
Aug 02 2012, 10:04 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you - at long last - help with facility working - so happy!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Electrox
Aug 02 2012, 10:06 AM
when will the Boost Train button start to work for us. amounts on train still too low.

katrina719
Aug 02 2012, 10:18 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you - at long last - help with facility working - so happy!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yes! what she said!! :D :D ;)

I sorta expected little people like our Avatars though...

Thanks Raul and crew!

servocrow
Aug 02 2012, 10:19 AM
HELP WITH THE FACILITIES!!!!!

YAY!!

Sorry, didn't mean to shout, but this is GREAT!!

:D

Carry on.

Momma Woods
Aug 02 2012, 10:23 AM
Dear Raul, you are indeed the genius I've always thought and told you that you are. Now I can get up more often for breaks such as eating, etc. Was so surprised when the Mayor popped in and offered to finish the last half of my facilities. Love you and your staff.

Dutch85
Aug 02 2012, 10:38 AM
Thank you SO much for ALL the new things! My favorite is the Mayor helping me work my friends/neighbors facilities! YAY!!!! Now maybe more people will help me with mine! LOVE it!!! Thanks again!

pelicn
Aug 02 2012, 10:44 AM
WOW! Great update! Thank you

Tuckertbnc
Aug 02 2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks soo much for giving us help with working our neighbors factories ... maybe my hand can handle me visiting my neighbors more now ...

StoneFace
Aug 02 2012, 10:58 AM
yep

nice

lynnethawks
Aug 02 2012, 10:59 AM
I have sent numerous requests to have my train unlocked on farm 13. Will you please help with this? It's been unusable for 3 weeks now.

Here is a link to my farm.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1656609931&farm_ix=12

thanks,
Lynnet

InePine
Aug 02 2012, 11:05 AM
LOVE IT!! Thank you so much, now i can finally start working my neighbours facilities again! And i LOVE the new look on the chocolate factory, it will come out of its hiding behind another house and be the proud center of attention on my farm from now on <3

hsdasher@centurylink.net
Aug 02 2012, 11:07 AM
I don't have to have everything - just the property that joins mine!!!!!

Audrey45
Aug 02 2012, 11:08 AM
its all good :) WOO HOO thank you

sananjan
Aug 02 2012, 11:17 AM
I agree cutting the time it takes to work for others is wonderful. Now if we could just find
more ways to earn Green Money all would be good.

KnightRider
Aug 02 2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the help on facilities, definitely thanks on the new Hardware Shop Service Facility now my old store is useful, thanks for the people, thanks for the alternate views on the signs now I just have to go and change some of mine to the proper ones and a big thanks for the new views on the railroad gates. I haven't looked at the new facilities but I will look at them later. It would have been better if it would have included yellow lines like the white lines for the roads and arrows for the road, will have to put that back into the suggestions again as a reminder.

artisanrox
Aug 02 2012, 11:31 AM
OK, i wasn't looking forward to people decorations...

but the people decorations are cute.

Thanks, Farm Town. :P

Grammy 11
Aug 02 2012, 11:39 AM
Can I now use 2 different freight trains to get goods, even though I have to wait for them to be on the same schedule? I can attach my new hopper car to the 2nd freight engine but it shows the same cars and schedule as the active one. Should I leave it or move the new car to the old, active engine? Thanks

bayoubes
Aug 02 2012, 11:51 AM
FYI, on working neighbors facilities, you have to work half of the facilities before the mayor will finish the rest. Just went to my neighbor who has 82 on one farm, had to work 41 before the mayor finished. I know that might sound picky, but it takes so long to work the facilities, since she also has almost the same amount on 2 other farms. (sigh) Oh well guess cutting my time in half to work is better than working all of them. Thanks for the upgrades, tho.

StoneFace
Aug 02 2012, 12:01 PM
I really, REALLY, like the new view of the chocolate factory....

now... about that confectionery

lol

marwahr55
Aug 02 2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks for finally answering my prayers for a Greek/Mediterranean type restaurant ... YES ... now to start making the foods I love!!!! Thanks FT Devs -your the greatest!!

Texas Belle
Aug 02 2012, 12:19 PM
Thank you, thank you very much Raul and Co. Amazed this morning when I came in and had the little people on the gift section, then went to store and found the beach facilities, and now going to get those other two. Came in and no news release. So glad that this one is GREAT like Tony the Tiger would say.
Have to say it all the time, YOU GUYS ROCK!! Thanks for making this game so enjoyable and fun. Keep up the good work....
Couldn't find you in Miami, just came back home yesterday, even looked on the yellow pages, but could not find the FT Cave....

Molly Mew
Aug 02 2012, 12:20 PM
Many thanks, Raul. :)

LoreneC
Aug 02 2012, 12:26 PM
I really like the new view for the chocolate factory. I always put it out and collected as much chocolate as I could then put it in storage. Now I can leave it out and have lots and lots of chocolate.

I like the people too, very tasteful. Wasn't sure what to expect on that one!

hmmm what else...I may have to spring for some train cars later...good job adding value to these!!

Thanks! You rock!

roz1972
Aug 02 2012, 12:35 PM
love the little people ... not bought any trains yet but u certainly making it look worthwhile now

Queen.of.Clutter
Aug 02 2012, 12:37 PM
I am guessing the Hardware Shop has to be put into storage, then put back on the farm. I filled it, and it is not showing in the facility manager. I cleared Mem Cache, then cleared out the computer, re-loaded .... still not there. *sigh* ... I should NOT have filled it yet .... silly me.

barbaraelwart
Aug 02 2012, 12:41 PM
FYI, on working neighbors facilities, you have to work half of the facilities before the mayor will finish the rest. Just went to my neighbor who has 82 on one farm, had to work 41 before the mayor finished. I know that might sound picky, but it takes so long to work the facilities, since she also has almost the same amount on 2 other farms. (sigh) Oh well guess cutting my time in half to work is better than working all of them. Thanks for the upgrades, tho.

It does say in the update that in the future - the more trains we have working - the more the mayor will help with facilities - maybe the day will come when he does it all!!! :D

Rob T
I am guessing the Hardware Shop has to be put into storage, then put back on the farm. I filled it, and it is not showing in the facility manager. I cleared Mem Cache, then cleared out the computer, re-loaded .... still not there. *sigh* ... I should NOT have filled it yet .... silly me.

hi, yes that often happens with pre-owned facilities, just stick it in storage, and then back on the farm :)

gramme65
This has been the BEST update in a long time...better than sliced bread...THANK YOU THANK YOU...looking forward to the train feature very soon. As soon as that happens I will get the train...
This game ROCKS...you have saved me LOTS of time...
Happy Camper smile:D

maggiel29
Aug 02 2012, 12:45 PM
Thank-you thank-you - love the help with working facilities and the new chocolate factory view - looks more like the one here in Bourneville now. Finding my way round the rest - a great update

psycho_mommi
Aug 02 2012, 12:52 PM
fantastic update!!!! thanks Raul and Dev team!!!!
this was a great pressie to wake up to!! wooot wooot!!! :D:D:D

Queen.of.Clutter
Aug 02 2012, 12:54 PM
hi, yes that often happens with pre-owned facilities, just stick it in storage, and then back on the farm :)

Awesome news !!! It was filled, I put it in storage, and it came out filled !!!! I thought I was going to lose all products I loaded, but I didn't !! Yay !!

crafty chris
Aug 02 2012, 01:06 PM
thanks for another great update :)

parrot38
Aug 02 2012, 01:08 PM
farm 13 the train depot still has the engine that will not move I am supposed to have a linked account but no-one has offered any advice that works so could you please blow it up or something for me

KGR
Aug 02 2012, 01:16 PM
Wow, people have come to farmtown. Have been requesting some habitats for over 2 yrs. Thanks

MAUROMEN
Aug 02 2012, 02:07 PM
Many Thanks, Raul

Ms Helpful
Aug 02 2012, 02:17 PM
what a fantastic update, thank you so much :)

SunnyD
Aug 02 2012, 03:03 PM
holly cow i am just loving the people for the farms..................wow this is more fun now well to me lol lol having a blast fixing up my farms... i have just been seeding acorn squash and doing other things lately .... i have gotten a lot accomplished too... now i will get a messy house again lol lol.....my cat will loose that pot belly she has gotten in the last couple of months lol...............she will have to go back to mousing out in the fields again LOL LOL ty ty loving this update...

derragrortnacloughy
Aug 02 2012, 03:16 PM
Its now a pleasure again to work neighbours facilities, especially those with a huge number of factories. It saves so much time. Thank you

StoneFace
Aug 02 2012, 03:54 PM
just noticed that not only do we have lots of peeps....

but they rotate too.... :D

SunnyD
Aug 02 2012, 04:12 PM
wow loving how we work for neighbors now too woo hooo maybe people will work for us now more often.... one of my fav updates so far in ages.............

Tiger
Aug 02 2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks very much Raul :D

GoalieAunt
Aug 02 2012, 04:21 PM
Awesome news !!! It was filled, I put it in storage, and it came out filled !!!! I thought I was going to lose all products I loaded, but I didn't !! Yay !!
As long as you put it back on the same farm, you don't lose anything. But you do lose products if you move to another farm. I learned this when I accidently sent a pump to storage.

Docperk
Aug 02 2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks for update! Just got home and seen the new gifts and new there was an update. I am glad it came earlier than I had predicted, nice surprise.

yokel steve
Aug 02 2012, 05:06 PM
SK you guys are Olympians what a fantastic upgrade .......... the peeps not only look good but have great scale and the mayor working is a great help to all .. just need an Alt view of the Textile and Spinning Mill and i will be a very very happy farmer .... once again thank you you have won a GOLD from me ......hehehehehehe

sandra.l.huffman
Aug 02 2012, 05:17 PM
thank you.... can we have 2 working trains? and if so do they need to be on different farms?.. Could they bring us a bigger load... I could not tell how they are helping.. but i enjoy having them... the help with the factory's is soooo great i well have time now to help many more neighbors.. sometime soon could we just have town people and kids.. my towns look so empty... but it is a great start thank you ... 8*)

callahangal
Aug 02 2012, 05:20 PM
I just love the little workers, plum cute!!! Love the game; love the challenges too!!! God Bless!!!

JohnAlbertini
Aug 02 2012, 05:49 PM
Once again you give the long term players very little unless we spend REAL $ to buy FC:

"30 x 30 Farm Expansions for farms 11 - 15:Here are the prices -> 4,000,000,000 Coins or 30 FarmCash.

Alternate views for Chocolate Factory and Ice Cream Shop: The new Ice Cream Shop is similar to the old one but darker.

5. Faster to work neighbour facilities: When you start working your neighbour facilities you now will only have to complete the first half of the facilities on each farm, after that, the Mayor will help you with the rest in one click.

Mediterranean Restaurant (Coins): Produces Mediterranean Food.

Greek Salad
Falafel Wraps
Hummus Dip
Stuffed Grape Leaves
Gyros Sandwich
Lamb-Veggies Kebab
Couscous-Lamb Stew
Baklava

New related products on other facilities:

Plain Yougurt and Feta Cheese at the Dairy Processing Plant
Couscous at the Windmills
Pita Bread at the Bakery
Lamb at the Semi-Truck or as Gift

Hardware Shop (Coins): The Hardware Shop building already in the game was upgraded to a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Clamp
Square
Hammer
Level
Folding Ruler
Carpenter Pencil
Tool Belt
Combination Pliers"

Where are the new levels needed to buy FC items? Where are the new COIN facilities that would use CROPS that we can grow other than the Mediterranean Restaurant which also needs the semi or uses up gifts?

Thanks for the faster working of facilities. This IS a good update but not much else for us. A few new products to make in existing facilities.

PLEASE MANY MORE LEVELS EVERY UPDATE!!! 32 every update would let us buy ONE facility PLEASE!!!

Berle
Aug 02 2012, 06:02 PM
Just a note, tried to make couscous in Watermill. Not showing up yet.

ianski71@btinternet.com
Aug 02 2012, 06:03 PM
Just a note, tried to make couscous in Watermill. Not showing up yet.

you make it in the windmill, strangely on farmtown it is made with Wheat, I thought it was made from maize (corn) therefore should have been produced in the watermill instead.

HelenJS22
Aug 02 2012, 06:25 PM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our new little people. REALLY HAPPY about help with working our neighbours facilities. THANK YOU :D

sandycondo
Aug 02 2012, 06:32 PM
#9 - I can only move the cars I just bought. All other menus don't have move as an option. Help Please.

Tony D
Aug 02 2012, 06:33 PM
#9 - I can only move the cars I just bought. All other menus don't have move as an option. Help Please.Hi, are they already dispatched ?

AussieGecko
Aug 02 2012, 06:42 PM
Thank you for giving us some people for our farms and the time saver for working facilities amongst the other goodies. This is a wonderful update!!

sandycondo
Aug 02 2012, 06:46 PM
they have been but are back now

sandycondo
Aug 02 2012, 06:51 PM
I got now. I had to unload them first :}

rocker grrrrrl
Aug 02 2012, 07:14 PM
<quote> 8. Long Freight Cars don't have facilities requirements anymore: To minimize confusion, you will now always be able to purchase any Long Freight Cars even if you don't have any facility in current farm or storage.</quote>

OK-- I am a little confused here... so now you are saying that we are NOT required to buy any facility (either coin or FC) to be able to buy the corresponding train car?

What about all the FC that we already spent on facilities to be able to unlock and purchase the other train cars? Is it still a requirement to have those specific facilities before we can buy those older train cars? I am thinking of the stone windmill for which I was required to spend my hard earned FC, as well as the fish farming plant, etc.

I hope I am just misunderstanding this.... I would hate to think that if I had just waited a bit longer to get the trains, I could have saved myself a wad of FC.

Don't misunderstand me, I love this game but if that is the case, I feel slightly hosed. OK, make that very hosed. (IF THAT IS THE CASE)

Not trying to be one of those complainers that everybody hates, so can someone please straighten this out for me?

Again, AND ONLY IF IT IS TRUE, then I think it's kinda lousy that we were required to spend some FC for something that is now unnecessary. :(

Please mods, tell me it ain't so!!

Jamie's Jumble
Aug 02 2012, 07:16 PM
I"m a gonna put in my two cents in about the new 1/2 click for facilities now. That is cool but I think it should stay as it is now....after all we have to do some work. I have a few in my hood that have ALOT of factories on each farm...like 70+ and quite a number more that have on average 30ish. So I am all for the 1/2 help from The Mayor but that should be all.

JMHO

HelenJS22
Aug 02 2012, 07:33 PM
The new view of the chocolate factory is just gorgeous :D

Farmer_Susan
Aug 02 2012, 07:37 PM
This is an awesome update! LOVE the help working neighbor facilities. I'll definitely be able to work more now and hope people will work mine more now, too.

On the trains - so we have to have one long train track on a single farm to use all the cars that are available, right? My train track is long enough, but it has a bend in it which I'd rather not have to take out - but to buy the new cars, I'll have to, right? Because we can't have a separate train on another farm and it has to be on one big, long track? Also, I just sent out my train yesterday - so I have to wait a week to move it (and change my track) before I can buy the new cars? Do I have all of this right? If so, that's a bit of a drawback but I saw the note that it will probably change in the future so I'll try to be patient. :)

Mrs Borgies
Aug 02 2012, 07:41 PM
I"m a gonna put in my two cents in about the new 1/2 click for facilities now. That is cool but I think it should stay as it is now....after all we have to do some work. I have a few in my hood that have ALOT of factories on each farm...like 70+ and quite a number more that have on average 30ish. So I am all for the 1/2 help from The Mayor but that should be all.

JMHO

Jamie, that is well and good for those that have the time to help their neighbours but I don't. I do have a life beside Farm Town and yet I am one of the biggest fans of this game. I just don't have the time to load up farm after farm and still heaps of clicks to work facilities once I land. I am still sitting on the fence with this update. I want more information on how much I need to spend to gain help for working facilities and also, is this going to be a long winded update that we have to wait for a very long time to get the benefits of buying the freight cars to speed up working our neighbours farms . Sorry I don't seem over the moon about this update; I just don't like feeling the way I do about the game. I used to think it "Rocked".....Oh well, that is life! :)

Tiger
Aug 02 2012, 07:47 PM
This is an awesome update! LOVE the help working neighbor facilities. I'll definitely be able to work more now and hope people will work mine more now, too.

On the trains - so we have to have one long train track on a single farm to use all the cars that are available, right? My train track is long enough, but it has a bend in it which I'd rather not have to take out - but to buy the new cars, I'll have to, right? Because we can't have a separate train on another farm and it has to be on one big, long track? Also, I just sent out my train yesterday - so I have to wait a week to move it (and change my track) before I can buy the new cars? Do I have all of this right? If so, that's a bit of a drawback but I saw the note that it will probably change in the future so I'll try to be patient. :)

Hi there,

If you want all the cars to be dispatched at the same time then yes they do need to be all connected. That doesn't stop you buying the rest of them now if you want, you just cant connect to dispatch them till the train has returned from it's current trip.

The train doesn't have to be on tracks but if you want them to be then yes one long track will have to do.

There's no mention of exactly when the trains will be helping with the facilities , so you've got time to wait if you want.

Edwina2
Aug 02 2012, 07:58 PM
Love the Mayor helping with the facilities Thanks

Jimmbo
Aug 02 2012, 08:06 PM
New Release -- August 2st, 2012 ?? :D

Aug 02 2012, 08:56 PM
thank you for all the new updates love the all trains

al_bundy
Aug 02 2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks Raul Great as always (-:

Docperk
Aug 02 2012, 09:25 PM
Ok, I don't want to sound ungrateful because I really am grateful about the facility help, it was just not what we have been asking for. With this we still have to go to every farm (and some people think they have to put at least one on every farm) to work the facilities. This is what is so time consuming and what people complain about. I still do appreciate the help any is a whole lot better than none.
Ok so now a question about the new facility help, if we accidentally double click the X and skip one will the Mayor pick that one up for us?
Next question and I am not sure if this was covered in the original thread but can we have more than one of the same type car on the same train? With the new beach facility the need for Canvas is going way up and with the one Car I am barely keeping up with my current demand, so I am not buying unless I can get second train car to carry me canvas.
Oh and are we any closer to getting the Train Boost, I noticed my still says Coming Soon. Yeah I know only the Devs know for sure. :)
I do like the the new products in in our existing facilities and the semi sure wish we could up the amount of Chicken we we get from then and not sure if is going to be enough to keep up with the lamb. Just have to wait and see.
Sorry for all my ramblings had a lot on my mine both positive and negative

thanks Devs

Grammy 11
Aug 02 2012, 09:38 PM
Hi there,

If you want all the cars to be dispatched at the same time then yes they do need to be all connected. That doesn't stop you buying the rest of them now if you want, you just cant connect to dispatch them till the train has returned from it's current trip.

The train doesn't have to be on tracks but if you want them to be then yes one long track will have to do.

There's no mention of exactly when the trains will be helping with the facilities , so you've got time to wait if you want.

Well, you didn't answer my question but I guess I asked essentially the same thing, way before the other post. I have put my new freight car behind the others, even though they are traveling (although have not gone transparent). I assume I'll be able to attach this new car when the others return. Correct?

casunderman
Aug 02 2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks so much for the people!! Love them.....glad to see the farm implements off the gift list!! FT is a great game--and the best! The only one I play...

jedrapeau
Aug 02 2012, 10:11 PM
I have my train all in a straight line, including the three new cars released today. However, I won't have room for any more. How can I add more cars in the future? Can I start a new train on a different farm?

Gregh
Aug 02 2012, 10:14 PM
Unimpressed.

It's nice to see some help with the facilities at last, but it's not quite what was needed. For example, I have a neighbour with workable facilities on 14 farms. One farm has 30 facilities but most have only a few. If a farm has less than 4 facilities, the Mayor does not pop up - and we still have to load each and every farm we work, which for some farms takes a long time. I also got several time-outs loading facilities, which hasn't happened to me for a while. The "Retry" button when a facility fails to load is still useless. To continue the daisy chain without missing some facilities we still need to make buildings visible then go find the one that failed to load and click on it. Shouldn't "retry" mean try to load the facility again?

Attaching any additional help to the diversity of a despatched freight train (and whose train is meant - mine as the worker or his as the employer) is a bizarre arrangement that is obviously intended to make those expensive white elephants more attractive, but doesn't. I haven't bothered buying a train yet and unless the additional worker help they offer is really extraordinary I won't be hurrying to do so.

Taz D
Aug 02 2012, 10:58 PM
Well, you didn't answer my question but I guess I asked essentially the same thing, way before the other post. I have put my new freight car behind the others, even though they are traveling (although have not gone transparent). I assume I'll be able to attach this new car when the others return. Correct?
Yes, your train will have to return before the new cars are add for the next trip. They can be there and will show as transparent but will not collect anything until the next trip.

Taz D
Aug 02 2012, 11:04 PM
I have my train all in a straight line, including the three new cars released today. However, I won't have room for any more. How can I add more cars in the future? Can I start a new train on a different farm?
Only 1 train can be dispatch currently so I would say it wouldn't do any good to build a second train at this time. Raul did say that needing them to be straight requirement may be removed later.

Farmer_Susan
Aug 02 2012, 11:51 PM

Right now, you can't start another train on another farm, but that's what I'm wanting, too. I don't really want one hugely long train on any of my farms but I DO want to buy all the cars and dispatch them. I suspect they'll give us that in the future - I just hope we don't have to wait long.

Corn Farmer
Aug 02 2012, 11:52 PM
Just wanted to mention that there are two new crops for use in the Greek restaurant:

Chickpeas (3 day)
Radishes (1 day)

I didn't see it in the original post - maybe somebody else has mentioned it, I haven't read through the entire thread.

you make it in the windmill, strangely on farmtown it is made with Wheat, I thought it was made from maize (corn) therefore should have been produced in the watermill instead.
Yep, the windmill which is under "R" for "red" if you are looking for it alphabetically.

And I also thought couscous was corn based - but I looked it up and apparently normal couscous is wheat based. Maybe there is a corn based version for hispanic cooking that we've been expose to?

Farmer_Susan
Aug 02 2012, 11:53 PM
Only 1 train can be dispatch currently so I would say it wouldn't do any good to build a second train at this time. Raul did say that needing them to be straight requirement may be removed later.

I want them to not have to be straight and I also want to be able to have more than one train (i.e., operating trains on more than one farm).

Farmer_Susan
Aug 02 2012, 11:56 PM
Ha! I just went to one of my farms where I had put one of the new people and at first, it startled me and I thought, "Who's that person on my farm?!?" Now THAT'S realistic! LOL

FarmerWitch
Aug 03 2012, 01:22 AM
Thanks so much for the upgrade! Looking forward to one day when we will be able to harvest all trees, flowers, fish and crops on a farm with one click :-D

maggiel29
Aug 03 2012, 01:58 AM

I was able to attach new cars to a dispatched train - they show up when you click on the loco but you cant do anything with them yet.

tharcicia
Aug 03 2012, 03:43 AM
Thanks for finally answering my prayers for a Greek/Mediterranean type restaurant ... YES ... now to start making the foods I love!!!! Thanks FT Devs -your the greatest!!

I also love this restaurant now I can have my greek friends come over to enjoy a greek meal at my restaurant.
At last we've got lamb, yeah my favorite food!!!

Thanks Raul!

Orx
Aug 03 2012, 03:47 AM
Another great update thanks especially for the help when working neighbours facilities Would like to see more help for filling facilities .

seedtyme7
Aug 03 2012, 04:45 AM
I can't find where to ask, and I need an answer. We need 30 neighbors to enlarge farms. What happens if some of our 30 neighbors leave or quit? Can we still enlarge our farms because we had them?. Thanks

JuneRedding
Aug 03 2012, 04:48 AM
Love this update ;) thank you, I especially like that some previously unused crops come in to use :) xxx

al_bundy
Aug 03 2012, 05:12 AM
I can't find where to ask, and I need an answer. We need 30 neighbors to enlarge farms. What happens if some of our 30 neighbors leave or quit? Can we still enlarge our farms because we had them?. Thanks

Hi

aslong at they are still on your neighbours list you can still purchase new farms and upgrade your existing farms regardless or weather your neighbours quit or block the game.

:)

nitz22002
Aug 03 2012, 05:41 AM
Thanks for the updates but some of my trees (cedar, mapple and ebony) are missing .How can i get it back.

Hyacinth Bucket
Aug 03 2012, 06:24 AM
They aren't new crops Corn Farmer, have been there for ages but this is the first time these two have been used for something in a fac.

Just wanted to mention that there are two new crops for use in the Greek restaurant:

Chickpeas (3 day)
Radishes (1 day)

I didn't see it in the original post - maybe somebody else has mentioned it, I haven't read through the entire thread.

1fritz
Aug 03 2012, 06:56 AM
Just wanted to say thank's to Raul and Devs for another great update.. Really like the people, the fact that the Mayor now helps, Farm expansions. Everything is great.

Thank you again.

Fritz

maggiel29
Aug 03 2012, 07:01 AM
Love the new update - the Mayor helping, everything - but I have to say are towels really made out of Llama wool? Dont think I would fancy drying myself on that! (Beach Gear Factory)

maggiel29
Aug 03 2012, 07:02 AM

I think so - Ive got neighbours that no longer play and their farms are blank now but they still seem to add to my storage total.

Rob T
Aug 03 2012, 07:26 AM

Hi

aslong at they are still on your neighbours list you can still purchase new farms and upgrade your existing farms regardless or weather your neighbours quit or block the game.

:)

Just to add to what Al has said here, this only applies to farm 3, you must have 30 neighbors to expand farm 3, all other farms have no such restriction. so once you have farm 3, you can buy and expand all the other farms without neighbors

Ellen Betty Nelson
Aug 03 2012, 07:45 AM
Thanks for all your hard work, this is a great up-date.
I do have a ?
I can't seem to find the train tracks.
I have seen them on others farms. I have looked for them and not found them.

And my gift page is not loading up today. I have read all of this forum today, and it has still not loaded up past the new items and people. --I had it on in another window. Oh, well,

StoneFace
Aug 03 2012, 07:51 AM
I do have a ?

And my gift page is not loading up today. I have read all of this forum today, and it has still not loaded up past the new items and people. --I had it on in another window. Oh, well,

TRACKS are under Paths... about 2 clicks down

HelenJS22
Aug 03 2012, 07:54 AM
I do have a ?

The train tracks are in the 'paths/ground' category. Turn it to alphabetical and you'll find them all under 'T'.

StoneFace
Aug 03 2012, 07:57 AM

Chickpeas (3 day)
Radishes (1 day)

Yep, the windmill which is under "R" for "red" if you are looking for it alphabetically.

And I also thought couscous was corn based - but I looked it up and apparently normal couscous is wheat based. Maybe there is a corn based version for hispanic cooking that we've been expose to?

did you mean coriander?

Grammy 11
Aug 03 2012, 08:03 AM
I was able to attach new cars to a dispatched train - they show up when you click on the loco but you cant do anything with them yet.

Thanks, Maggie, yes, I have moved the new car to the train in progress and it is highlighted so I think it's in the right place to go once I redispatch. Thanks for the reply.

DARLENEW
Aug 03 2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks so much for the update, Raul.....it is fantastic.....love the people...now it looks like someone is working on the farms....love the new way to help neighbors...now I can work for more of them without taking a ridiculous amount of time.....still having to wait to get the trains until I can get more FC.....way to go, devs!!!!!:):):):)

AlexKwake
Aug 03 2012, 09:02 AM
Can you pleasepleasepleasedeargodinheavenplease, make it optional for the mayor to work the rest of the facilities? I like the idea to a certain extent, but I have facilities that I don't have a lot of ingredients for (and I'm definitely not the type who has to have all the facilities) and I'd prefer those not get worked on automatically. It was bad enough that you felt the need to take away the option to work individual productions in a facility, but now this? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but make it optional, I beg you.

maggiel29
Aug 03 2012, 09:26 AM
I have a problem since the update with loading my farm after gifting. After I send gifts I get an error message "Timed out XSESSION". This only happens after sending gifts and is resolved if I reload.

maggiel29
Aug 03 2012, 09:27 AM
Can you pleasepleasepleasedeargodinheavenplease, make it optional for the mayor to work the rest of the facilities? I like the idea to a certain extent, but I have facilities that I don't have a lot of ingredients for (and I'm definitely not the type who has to have all the facilities) and I'd prefer those not get worked on automatically. It was bad enough that you felt the need to take away the option to work individual productions in a facility, but now this? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but make it optional, I beg you.

Im sorry Alex - I don't see why it is a problem?? Do you tell your neighbours not to work certain facilities?

maggiel29
Aug 03 2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks, Maggie, yes, I have moved the new car to the train in progress and it is highlighted so I think it's in the right place to go once I redispatch. Thanks for the reply.

You are very welcome :)

Grammy 11
Aug 03 2012, 09:41 AM
did you mean coriander?

Here we are playing a game and I am learning something new almost every day. Like couscous, and I still don't know what yerba mate is, but if I see it on a menu I'll ask for a pot of it.

KnightRider
Aug 03 2012, 09:49 AM

See this just shows that people have to complain, there have been what hundreds or thousands of posts, maybe less saying they need help with facilities and I don't remember see any posts that said NO they like it the way it is and now that the dev's have done what people was asking for all of a sudden seeing post that NO I don't want my facilities worked automatically. If you don't want facilities worked then put them on one farm and tell your neighbors to stay away from that farm and not to work them. I like the way they have done the working in the facilities and can't wait for them to activate more help depending on the train system that is in place.

Farmgirl1706
Aug 03 2012, 10:18 AM
I love the extra help with facilities.....however anyone else getting more flash crashing since the update....especially those who like have facilities on every farm. Ive done all the clear cashe and stuff. And its shocking cause im in Chrome. Any ideas of what is causing flash to crash more?

AlexKwake
Aug 03 2012, 10:55 AM
Kitt and Magiel, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but how hard would it have been to have two things to click on when the mayor pops up, one saying "Yes, please" and one saying "No, thank you." And yes, I do ask people to only work on certain facitilities. No, I don't think I should have to empty out my factories and move them around just to make it so they aren't worked on automatically. I simply would like the option still for some of my facilities to not be worked on. I seem to recall reading more than one post in this thread saying that this wasn't the issue that needed resolving anyway, it was the fact that they have to go to each farm individually.

TL:DR version: I'm not saying it's horrible and must go away, just want options.

Grammy 11
Aug 03 2012, 11:19 AM
Kitt and Magiel, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but how hard would it have been to have two things to click on when the mayor pops up, one saying "Yes, please" and one saying "No, thank you." And yes, I do ask people to only work on certain facitilities. No, I don't think I should have to empty out my factories and move them around just to make it so they aren't worked on automatically. I simply would like the option still for some of my facilities to not be worked on. I seem to recall reading more than one post in this thread saying that this wasn't the issue that needed resolving anyway, it was the fact that they have to go to each farm individually.

TL:DR version: I'm not saying it's horrible and must go away, just want options.

Hi. I am not getting something. How do you control whether a facility is worked? Having the Mayor do half the items helps the worker. I don't see how it impacts the farmer whose facility is being worked. Once you post, every facility is available. And once a facility is chosen, there's no way to stop all items in it to be available. If you are doing that now, please tell me how.

Thanks and happy farming!!!! :))

AlexKwake
Aug 03 2012, 11:24 AM
Grammy, I've only got one friend who currently plays farm town and I put in my post which facilities I'd like him to work or skip, and he was able to do that, prior to yesterday. When they first put in the "work facilities" function you actually had to click on each production in a facility, then they added the work all option, then they ended up taking away the option to work on individual ones (I'm not sure when they got rid of it because I stopped using facebook at all for a while last summer in an effort to use my computer less to keep my apartment cooler). It impacts the farmer who owns the facility because it makes it so a certain facility cannot be skipped over if the game has decided to put it in the second half of the places for that farm (it's not even done alphabetically).

Grammy 11
Aug 03 2012, 11:47 AM
Alex, you know the items your friend gets are not deducted from your inventory? It's the magic of FT.... same as hiring people to harvest - they get paid, you make more, it's not overhead at all.

StoneFace
Aug 03 2012, 11:49 AM
Here we are playing a game and I am learning something new almost every day. Like couscous, and I still don't know what yerba mate is, but if I see it on a menu I'll ask for a pot of it.

I hear ya...

sure glad I don't have to actually taste any crop or food I wish to use on FT

:eek:

KnightRider
Aug 03 2012, 11:50 AM
Grammy, I've only got one friend who currently plays farm town and I put in my post which facilities I'd like him to work or skip, and he was able to do that, prior to yesterday. When they first put in the "work facilities" function you actually had to click on each production in a facility, then they added the work all option, then they ended up taking away the option to work on individual ones (I'm not sure when they got rid of it because I stopped using facebook at all for a while last summer in an effort to use my computer less to keep my apartment cooler). It impacts the farmer who owns the facility because it makes it so a certain facility cannot be skipped over if the game has decided to put it in the second half of the places for that farm (it's not even done alphabetically).

I don't see why it is that important that the facility doesn't get worked, cause it doesn't cost you anything if they work that facility, you have a facility that has only a few items in it and the neighbor works that facility and it gets done, its not like the items in the facility will go bad if they sit there with the factory not producing anything, or is it you are one of those that have to have all of your facilities working and can't have a facility to sit empty? They just started the auto system yesterday when they did the upgrade

Grammy 11
Aug 03 2012, 11:53 AM
I hear ya...

sure glad I don't have to actually taste any crop or food I wish to use on FT

:eek:

lol For the longest time I refused to plant bellpeppers - ugh!!!!! To this day when I see they are required I hold my breath as I harvest. :)

I do wish they would correct the gift of chunks of lamb meat so it doesn't say "X has sent you A LAMB." Not a thought/image I enjoy.

Stover
Aug 03 2012, 12:19 PM
I wish you would not make things so expensive..or at least make all facilities available by coins...some of us players are on fixed incomes and cannot afford to by farm cash...and it takes to long to build up enough for even 1 purchase...:confused::eek::working toward:mad:...please help...you could have level advance worth 5 fc or more or something like that to help us build faster..that is my only complaint...otherwise:) I LOVE THIS GAME:;:cool:

InePine
Aug 03 2012, 12:54 PM
I don't see why it is that important that the facility doesn't get worked, cause it doesn't cost you anything if they work that facility, you have a facility that has only a few items in it and the neighbor works that facility and it gets done, its not like the items in the facility will go bad if they sit there with the factory not producing anything, or is it you are one of those that have to have all of your facilities working and can't have a facility to sit empty? They just started the auto system yesterday when they did the upgrade
Also, if youre low on ingredients, just dont load those products into the facilities, and they wont get used until youre ready to use them? :confused: I dont get the problem. If there is a X in the corner of the mayors pop-up message, you could just click that and the mayor wouldnt work for you im guessing? :)

alicea
Aug 03 2012, 12:54 PM
Thank you for the alternative views for the Ice Cream Shop and especially the Chololate Factory. I prefer that style and was happy to see more added. Also want to thank you for new and interesting things to keep us busy and working.

KnightRider
Aug 03 2012, 01:09 PM
I wish you would not make things so expensive..or at least make all facilities available by coins...some of us players are on fixed incomes and cannot afford to by farm cash...and it takes to long to build up enough for even 1 purchase...:confused::eek::working toward:mad:...please help...you could have level advance worth 5 fc or more or something like that to help us build faster..that is my only complaint...otherwise:) I LOVE THIS GAME:;:cool:

If they made all the facilities coin then they wouldn't be able to make a living and would have to go out and get a different job so that they could make a living like everyone else and then there would be no Farm Town, I think that 2 out of 4 new facilities is an even split and is fair. It would be different if Slashkey had more than just Farm Town like other game companies have, but they only get there money from this one game.

rabbit8
Aug 03 2012, 02:00 PM
So thankful for the help with facilities! Big help. Love the people keep them coming.

Petuniaflower
Aug 03 2012, 02:23 PM
Thank you for the alternative views for the Ice Cream Shop and especially the Chololate Factory. I prefer that style and was happy to see more added. Also want to thank you for new and interesting things to keep us busy and working.

I love them too,But for some reason the ice cream shop won't stay changed,any idea's Why?

maggiel29
Aug 03 2012, 02:30 PM
I love them too,But for some reason the ice cream shop won't stay changed,any idea's Why?

I just noticed that mine had reverted back too. I changed to the new view, saved the farm - dont think I did that last time then did the usual - clear cache, macromedia files and rebooted my browser. Touch wood its still showing the new view.

maggiel29
Aug 03 2012, 02:34 PM
lol

I do wish they would correct the gift of chunks of lamb meat so it doesn't say "X has sent you A LAMB." Not a thought/image I enjoy.

Me too - meat I could cope with as it was non specific - why cant the new restaurant just use meat. Even if I dont have the new facility I am still going to get gifts I balk at. The dead chicken carcass was bad enough - I suppose at least its cubed and chopped "L" word!

knolan
Aug 03 2012, 02:34 PM
I'm worried about the new feature that allows us to only work 1/2 the factories on each farm, & the mayor does the other half. It indicates how many items have been added, but, how do I know that I'm getting all the XP's that I'm entitled to. I would prefer that we have a choice to allow the mayor to process half of the factories, or allow me to do it myself. I prefer to do it myself, even tho it's time consuming, ;

maggiel29
Aug 03 2012, 02:36 PM

Other than thinking that your worker gets a share of your goods - as Grammy Snowbird says I am sorry but I really dont understand why you are so upset - it makes it easier for your friend and just means your goods get produced quicker. I never keep my Facs full - I fill them all up, then wait until they are all empty while I gather enough to fill them up again.

Petuniaflower
Aug 03 2012, 02:40 PM
I just noticed that mine had reverted back too. I changed to the new view, saved the farm - dont think I did that last time then did the usual - clear cache, macromedia files and rebooted my browser. Touch wood its still showing the new view.

I did all that too,and it keeps changing.Changed it,clicked change,cleared everything they say to clear.

TerriFlynn
Aug 03 2012, 02:44 PM
This was a great update. Thank you Raul ;-)

I am having one problem, and that is the black FLASH player screen of death. It happens when I am working others' facilities, not all the time, but enough to be a major inconvenience. This just started happening since the latest update.

maggiel29
Aug 03 2012, 02:46 PM
I'm worried about the new feature that allows us to only work 1/2 the factories on each farm, & the mayor does the other half. It indicates how many items have been added, but, how do I know that I'm getting all the XP's that I'm entitled to. I would prefer that we have a choice to allow the mayor to process half of the factories, or allow me to do it myself. I prefer to do it myself, even tho it's time consuming, ;

Oh dear - sorry with all due respect how do you know you get the XPs anyway without checking the math - same goes for anything in this game that adds cumulative totals.
I for one love this feature - I think the Devs have done their best to give us a good way to speed up working on Facs and make it easier to get workers - which is what we asked for.
It seems that those who dont like this feel their freedom of choice has been taken away - I apologise but I just dont see it as a problem

maggiel29
Aug 03 2012, 02:47 PM
I did all that too,and it keeps changing.Changed it,clicked change,cleared everything they say to clear.

Strange - I suppose the time is right on your computer?

Tygered
Aug 03 2012, 02:55 PM
Another fantastic improvement. I really love that the mayor helps us now in facilities. Thanks again.

bayoubes
Aug 03 2012, 03:08 PM

Actually the ice cream shop was changed a long time ago, had mine already changed. When you are looking at the facility after you changed it, are you looking at it on the farm or are you looking at it in the facility manager? The old look is in the facility manager but not on the farm.

psycho_mommi
Aug 03 2012, 03:11 PM
ooo, i haven't thrown this in yet, where ARE my manners??? THANKS SO VERY MUCH RAUL AND DEVS!! this update is ROCKSTAR!!!! this game rocks!! woot wooot!!! :D:D:D

barbaraelwart
Aug 03 2012, 03:14 PM
I WAS very very happy with this update and so looking forward to working loads of friends facilities with the help from the Mayor making it so much quicker. HOWEVER, Loading of any farms is taking ages, gifting is not working well - send some and then page freezes - little person with apples cannot be sent from my gifts - says there is an error. When I try to work facilities on friends farms, I can do some, but as well as taking an age for each farm to load, about half way through I get Shockwave Flash has crashed and it all shuts down. I am having many reports of this happening to friends also. So sad that i cannot make the most of the new release - do hope it gets sorted real soon, no mention of these problems on the end of the New Release Announcement - but hope the Devs know about them and can fix them quick. :(

Angel7
Aug 03 2012, 03:26 PM
I just tested my ice cream shop, and yes, it reverts back to the old view. Choc factory worked fine, but even getting out of facebook and clearing cache does not fix the problem. I didn't even think to check it yesterday when I changed to the new view. I just assumed it worked and went on about my business....

Grace Sal
Aug 03 2012, 03:37 PM
Love the new facilities, and all the upgrades, as usual you are terrific! I am having an issue today though, I am buying paths and such and they lay, but it is taking forever for the points to adjust. The coins are being deducted, however ever third or fourth tile (ie. sidewalk path etc.) are missing when its done. I have reloaded twice, and emptied the cache, but the items are till missing. this is on my "Grace inc" #3 farm, and I have not enlarged it, or done anything specific, except change the ground from dirty land to asphalt. Could that be the issue??? Thank you.

StoneFace
Aug 03 2012, 03:38 PM
This was a great update. Thank you Raul ;-)

I am having one problem, and that is the black FLASH player screen of death. It happens when I am working others' facilities, not all the time, but enough to be a major inconvenience. This just started happening since the latest update.

I get it too... more on FireFox than on Chrome.... can't open more than a few tabs at a time without them all crashing....

not sure if it is a Flash problem, a FaceBook problem, or a Farm Town problem

Petuniaflower
Aug 03 2012, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=Angel7;5241630]I just tested my ice cream shop, and yes, it reverts back to the old view. Choc factory worked fine, but even getting out of facebook and clearing cache does not fix the problem. I didn't even think to check it yesterday when I changed to the new view. I just assumed it worked and went on about my business....[quote]

Thank You
same here,I am not the only one.I have cleared everything. the Chocolate Factory stays, the 2 Ice Cream Shops change back. It must be a glich,and not me

Rob T
Aug 03 2012, 04:42 PM
Hi all,

For those of you that can't get the alternate view of the ice cream shop to stay put, what has worked before is when you switch views, place it somewhere else, then save, refresh the game, then it should stay, and you're able to put it back to where you want it

Petuniaflower
Aug 03 2012, 04:58 PM
:D Your a Genius Rob You fixed it I knew there had to be a way to get it to work Just needed Rob;)

Rob T
Aug 03 2012, 05:29 PM
:D Your a Genius Rob You fixed it I knew there had to be a way to get it to work Just needed Rob;)

lol thanks :) glad i was able to help :)

Grumpa
Aug 03 2012, 05:56 PM
See this just shows that people have to complain, there have been what hundreds or thousands of posts, maybe less saying they need help with facilities and I don't remember see any posts that said NO they like it the way it is and now that the dev's have done what people was asking for all of a sudden seeing post that NO I don't want my facilities worked automatically. If you don't want facilities worked then put them on one farm and tell your neighbors to stay away from that farm and not to work them. I like the way they have done the working in the facilities and can't wait for them to activate more help depending on the train system that is in place.

It is not that people have to complain. It is that people play the game in different ways. what I like is what I like, doesn't mean that you would like it.

and the developers do listen to what people say and they seam to try to get the best balance they can.

Grumpa
Aug 03 2012, 05:58 PM
I love the extra help with facilities.....however anyone else getting more flash crashing since the update....especially those who like have facilities on every farm. Ive done all the clear cashe and stuff. And its shocking cause im in Chrome. Any ideas of what is causing flash to crash more?

strange things happen in Farmtown. you could try Comodo dragon it is just like chrome. I bounce between then when chrome starts to give me fits. like a lot of time outs.

beverduster
Aug 03 2012, 06:00 PM
farm 13 the train depot still has the engine that will not move I am supposed to have a linked account but no-one has offered any advice that works so could you please blow it up or something for me

is it diesel or electric?

KnightRider
Aug 03 2012, 06:01 PM
Actually the ice cream shop was changed a long time ago, had mine already changed. When you are looking at the facility after you changed it, are you looking at it on the farm or are you looking at it in the facility manager? The old look is in the facility manager but not on the farm.

You said it changed a long time ago are you sure you aren't thinking of the old Ice Cream Factory, we have 2 the 1 that makes Ice Cream and 1 that is newer that makes Ice Cream items from the Ice Cream that the other one makes, the 2nd Ice Cream shop is the one with the alternate view from this Release which just happened yesterday.

KnightRider
Aug 03 2012, 06:09 PM

Have you saw what I posted in response to your post of 8/1 in the "I wish..." thread, you should read your old posts and look to see if anyone has responded to any of your posts, so how can you say no one has offered any advice when I answered your post of 8/1.

Jean's Farm
Aug 03 2012, 08:13 PM
Don't know if I should put this here or not. If not please move where it should be.

It just started today. Don't know if it's because of the release or not.

When I go into FT...I have my farm 2 defaulted. The chat window opens right away but noone is there but me. My friend is there right now chopping my trees but I can't see him and he can't see me. I just worked his farms with no problem.

We just met up on my farm 3 and everything is fine there. It's just happening on my farm #2.

Ok we worked all my farms and everything was fine except for farm 2. I can see messages that he is working there but I can't see him or anything being done. My farm 2 is upgraded to 26x26. It has chopping trees on it and a large sea coast and 3 small ones. Dairy barn, wool shed, chicken coop, oil pump. And some loose sheep. Possibly rabbit coop too. (Can't remember.) My other farms that are 26x26 are fine.

kataltay
Aug 03 2012, 08:29 PM
Constant problems with Flash crashing, and it is isolated to just Farm Town, and occurs on Chrome, IE and Firefox. Happening since yesterday. Again, it is NOT happening in any other game I play which uses Flash, but, I did humour the notice, and did attempt to update my Flash. Guess what? It failed, stating "A newer version is currently installed". So, let's not waste time advising us to do that update. Since these problems did arise only since yesterday's update, and not to just me, I feel mention of it fits in this thread.

Also, finally we have some people to place on our farms, and we all know the majority of us wanted that very much. However, why in the world did you design ONLY worker people??? Look at all the various categories you have for us to buy from, and decorate our farms. Bouncy castles, churches, swimming pools, Egyptian pyramids, not to mention the umpteen facilities and services buildings. Seriously, a woman carrying milk cans, a farmer carrying a huge sack , another tilling the soil, etc....these only will look good on one type of farm, and that's a "working farm". Personally, I don't want 15 "working farms", but would have loved to have seen some general female people, male people, children. Heck, the Thanksgiving Pilgrims, and Santa's helpers can at least go on various themed farms and not look out of place. Just as the hype over the train brought with it widespread disappointment when it finally arrived, I have to say these people are very disappointing. My only *hope* is that the developers do indeed plan to design more people in the near future.

LOVE the new chocolate factory view!!!!! And the new ice cream shop view is lovely, too. Glad to be rid of the pink, lol.

KnightRider
Aug 03 2012, 08:53 PM
Constant problems with Flash crashing, and it is isolated to just Farm Town, and occurs on Chrome, IE and Firefox. Happening since yesterday. Again, it is NOT happening in any other game I play which uses Flash, but, I did humour the notice, and did attempt to update my Flash. Guess what? It failed, stating "A newer version is currently installed". So, let's not waste time advising us to do that update. Since these problems did arise only since yesterday's update, and not to just me, I feel mention of it fits in this thread.

Also, finally we have some people to place on our farms, and we all know the majority of us wanted that very much. However, why in the world did you design ONLY worker people??? Look at all the various categories you have for us to buy from, and decorate our farms. Bouncy castles, churches, swimming pools, Egyptian pyramids, not to mention the umpteen facilities and services buildings. Seriously, a woman carrying milk cans, a farmer carrying a huge sack , another tilling the soil, etc....these only will look good on one type of farm, and that's a "working farm". Personally, I don't want 15 "working farms", but would have loved to have seen some general female people, male people, children. Heck, the Thanksgiving Pilgrims, and Santa's helpers can at least go on various themed farms and not look out of place. Just as the hype over the train brought with it widespread disappointment when it finally arrived, I have to say these people are very disappointing. My only *hope* is that the developers do indeed plan to design more people in the near future.

LOVE the new chocolate factory view!!!!! And the new ice cream shop view is lovely, too. Glad to be rid of the pink, lol.

I don't think they are disappointing, they might not be in the poses that you want but that doesn't make them disappointing, I like the new people my dairy farms, trees, and factories now have people that are working, when they created the people they had to start somewhere, now in the future they will probably bring out new people, but I think they have a good start, have already put several of the people on my farms, the woman carrying milk, a farmer carrying a sack and a box, the one sitting down suppose to be planting, but I have him sitting on a picnic set, you can't tell that he is planting, I hope they bring out some that is just standing or walking normal and more people sitting, but I think they have a good start with them. There is always going to be some people that thinks what they put in the game is bad, cause you can't please everyone at the same time and I wasn't disappointed by the trains, I have one of each boxcar except for the last one, but I will get them shortly.

Ellen Betty Nelson
Aug 03 2012, 08:59 PM
TRACKS are under Paths... about 2 clicks down

Thanks for the quick reply

Murray
Aug 03 2012, 09:07 PM
Had a problem with update...browsed the forum...found my answer..Great game and great developers. Thanks all

TerriFlynn
Aug 03 2012, 09:22 PM
What's up? It is so slow, I can't do anything... took me over an hour to plant one farm!

Leonielaj
Aug 03 2012, 09:24 PM
Great job but PLEASE can we have some 'ordinary' people for our towns, gardens, stations etc. Thanks for the work you do.

supertrucker
Aug 03 2012, 09:53 PM

unless i'm reading something wrong, nobody can start production for you... if you keep everything running at 10%, to avoid shortages of raw products, that's all that will be available to neighbors/friends/the mayor... when it's gone, they get the "there is no more work here, check the other farms" message...

Brady3297
Aug 03 2012, 10:16 PM
When are there going to be new levels I am on 360 and I need farm cash to get the sprinklers!!!

Brady3297
Aug 03 2012, 10:20 PM
How do you post your farms on there?

KnightRider
Aug 03 2012, 10:29 PM
How do you post your farms on there?

If you mean on your Facebook wall, just go into one of your facilities and go into "Whats Pending" and click on Produce faster, then you will be asked if you want to ask friends for help, and just click the green check mark and post as normal. New levels might be released next release, but don't know.

JW2009
Aug 03 2012, 10:46 PM
Hi, Thanks again for a great update, however, i was extremely disappointed when the farmers didn't even look a thing like Farm Town dudes ( Players ) I was hoping that the people would look like the players, after all in the Taco shop the people eating look like us - thank you & Happy Farming :)

KnightRider
Aug 04 2012, 12:57 AM
Hi, Thanks again for a great update, however, i was extremely disappointed when the farmers didn't even look a thing like Farm Town dudes ( Players ) I was hoping that the people would look like the players, after all in the Taco shop the people eating look like us - thank you & Happy Farming :)

The players are animated and it stated in the Jul release that they would be non-animated, I prefer them to be non-animated, they just need to change the avatars to be non-animated now.

maggiel29
Aug 04 2012, 01:36 AM
Great job but PLEASE can we have some 'ordinary' people for our towns, gardens, stations etc. Thanks for the work you do.

Yes I was just thinking that - farmers arent carrying sacks when they go for retail therapy :D

maggiel29
Aug 04 2012, 01:42 AM
I just tested my ice cream shop, and yes, it reverts back to the old view. Choc factory worked fine, but even getting out of facebook and clearing cache does not fix the problem. I didn't even think to check it yesterday when I changed to the new view. I just assumed it worked and went on about my business....

Did you save your farm after you switched the view?

pythonis
Aug 04 2012, 02:38 AM
Nice update but, as others have pointed out, the game is very slow. I mean dragging slow. And i dont ever complain about the speed of the game so you know its got to be lagging if im saying something about it.

Aussie Rae
Aug 04 2012, 04:13 AM
I love the little people!!! they are all on my quest farm and appear to be working very hard....only problem I am having is the shockwave player crashing when working other peoples facilities....hope that gets fixed soon as its making me wonder if I really want to work other peoples facilities anymore, :)

StoneFace
Aug 04 2012, 07:18 AM
I love the little people!!! they are all on my quest farm and appear to be working very hard....only problem I am having is the shockwave player crashing when working other peoples facilities....hope that gets fixed soon as its making me wonder if I really want to work other peoples facilities anymore, :)

Yes, Flash is crashing way too often. I too get the crash when working other farms, which now is less of a chore with the mayor helping out.

SeaJay
Aug 04 2012, 08:21 AM
Me also on the crashing!!

Grumpa
Aug 04 2012, 08:36 AM
This is just wonderful Raul you guys can work miracles but you can't fix the ongoing problems we all are having I have been leaving posts for 6 freaking months about how I can't play the game do you care??Obviously not you are more interested in what can be developed not what needs fixing!! Thanks for treating older players like we are trash when we freaking built this game up for you. You would not be as big as you are if not for us. Now WILL SOMEONE PLEASE FIX MY FARMS SO THAT I CAN CONTINUE TO PLAY??????

I can feel your frustration since I also have had problems. Some times it is the game and some time it is the browser I use.

Won't use IE much at all anymore with farmtown. Went to Firefox and that started giving me fits. Stopped using that much at all not to play. l Have been using Chrome and that is now giving me problems with shockwave crashing, that is caused by flash and since I haven't figured how to uninstall flash from chrome yet I have to deal with it. A neighbor of mine told me about Comodo Dragon which is a browser like chrome, I need to give it a try.

While there have been problems I have found most to be flash and browser related.

Grumpa
Aug 04 2012, 08:43 AM

I just did a cold restart of my computer since I was having problems with my network dropping out. When it restart I had an update for flash and I have been using chrome. guess l what I am also having flash crashing and since I don;t think you can uninstall flash in chrome and do a roll back I am waiting for adobe to fix the problem since it is a flash problem. Got told about Dragon which is like chrome. will be giving that a try today.

Petuniaflower
Aug 04 2012, 11:31 AM

I am having the crashing problem too,when working neighbors farms. On another subject.I downloaded the Dragon Browser after reading a post yesterday.Comparable to Chrome.I now am trying to figure out where the tool's are when I want to clean out my history.

Carrot Top CyndaLu
Aug 04 2012, 11:33 AM
Good Morning Question Today was the first day since the new release that I have had time to work other's factories & services. I landed in their farm, worked & then the Mayor worked (Nice) but .... why don't I see the factories & services that are on their other farms? Their other farms with factories & services were not highlighted as before the latest upgrade.
Is this a glitch? Do I need to send a request from each Farm for people to work all my production farms at my place?
Thanks oodles!
Thanks Tiger Lily & yes all farms with factories & services in production are showing up, silly me

StoneFace
Aug 04 2012, 11:47 AM
I am having the crashing problem too,when working neighbors farms. On another subject.I downloaded the Dragon Browser after reading a post yesterday.Comparable to Chrome.I now am trying to figure out where the tool's are when I want to clean out my history.

Different browsers will, of course, have their pros and cons.

But the problem is Flash... there is not a different Flash for different browsers... so I expect to continue to see crashes

until A D O B E does something.

The are acting like Face Book.... if it ain't broke, break it.

Tiger
Aug 04 2012, 12:00 PM
Good Morning Question Today was the first day since the new release that I have had time to work other's factories & services. I landed in their farm, worked & then the Mayor worked (Nice) but .... why don't I see the factories & services that are on their other farms? Their other farms with factories & services were not highlighted as before the latest upgrade.
Is this a glitch? Do I need to send a request from each Farm for people to work all my production farms at my place?
Thanks oodles!

Hi there,

No, one post per type of facility work request is sufficient. Sounds like either the request did not load correctly or the work on the other farms was already finished, leaving no work to be done there.

Farmgirl1706
Aug 04 2012, 12:01 PM
Yeah same here with the crashing and ive long since switched to chrome since anything in Firefox is **** near impossible at the moment. It does it especially when i go to people's farms that have facilities on like all 15 and it crashes like every 6 or so.

Petuniaflower
Aug 04 2012, 12:03 PM
Your right,Stoneface,It is the Adobe crashes that I get most.Otherwise I am happy at the moment concerning all else.I learned how to fix my changing Ice Cream store yesterday.THANKS AGAIN ROB!..This game is wonderful intertainment,for a ole woman who doesn't like to go much.LOVE FARMTOWN RAUL!

Taz D
Aug 04 2012, 12:23 PM
Different browsers will, of course, have their pros and cons.

But the problem is Flash... there is not a different Flash for different browsers... so I expect to continue to see crashes

until A D O B E does something.

The are acting like Face Book.... if it ain't broke, break it.

Actually there are difference in Flash for each browser. This is why they tell you to link up to Adobe for the Flash down load through the browser you use. After backing up to version 11.2 for both IE and FF I started having trouble with some of the things I do through IE so I updated Flash for that one beack up to the corrected 11.3. That fixed those problems for IE. However my FF is still using the 11.2 and I am not getting any crashes with it.

Bonnie Jo
Aug 04 2012, 12:23 PM
Click on the Icon on the very upper left of the browser.

krypto
Aug 04 2012, 01:23 PM
Actually there are difference in Flash for each browser. This is why they tell you to link up to Adobe for the Flash down load through the browser you use. After backing up to version 11.2 for both IE and FF I started having trouble with some of the things I do through IE so I updated Flash for that one beack up to the corrected 11.3. That fixed those problems for IE. However my FF is still using the 11.2 and I am not getting any crashes with it.

Flash player has two versions, one for IE (ActiveX) and another for all other browsers (Firefox, Opera, Chrome, etc.).

Farmer DeDe
Aug 04 2012, 03:18 PM
I LOVE the new people!! I am sure there will be others developed as new upgrades come out. :)

But I am having the same problem most have stated here.. I am constantly crashing when working other players farms. Loved the idea of the mayor helping out but I have not been able to complete anyone's farm with out a time out. But I am sure this will be worked out in time..I hope so. :eek:

bbtracy
Aug 04 2012, 05:27 PM
The help working on neighbors farms is not working for me. Is there something you have to activate

Rob T
Aug 04 2012, 06:07 PM
The help working on neighbors farms is not working for me. Is there something you have to activate

Hi there

When you get to the farm, a popup should tell you how many facilities are on the farm, and how many the mayor will work for you... do you see this popup?

ghostkitten
Aug 04 2012, 08:00 PM
Hi there

When you get to the farm, a popup should tell you how many facilities are on the farm, and how many the mayor will work for you... do you see this popup?

Rob I posted my service facilities and when ppl came to work them the pop up didn't work....It happened to everyone that came....I wouldn't have know if someone hadn't left me a msg.....Go figure...

Russ Grove
Aug 04 2012, 08:21 PM
I have not seen that the problem with the flash player crashing has been acknowledged as a problem yet. It may be the flash player, but the problems started with the upgrade. It seems Slashkey should be working with Adobe to find and fix the problem. The problem will not be fixed until it is acknowledged as a probem.

Docperk
Aug 04 2012, 10:59 PM
Ok, I don't want to sound ungrateful because I really am grateful about the facility help, it was just not what we have been asking for. With this we still have to go to every farm (and some people think they have to put at least one on every farm) to work the facilities. This is what is so time consuming and what people complain about. I still do appreciate the help any is a whole lot better than none.
Ok so now a question about the new facility help, if we accidentally double click the X and skip one will the Mayor pick that one up for us?
Next question and I am not sure if this was covered in the original thread but can we have more than one of the same type car on the same train? With the new beach facility the need for Canvas is going way up and with the one Car I am barely keeping up with my current demand, so I am not buying unless I can get second train car to carry me canvas.
Oh and are we any closer to getting the Train Boost, I noticed my still says Coming Soon. Yeah I know only the Devs know for sure. :)
I do like the the new products in in our existing facilities and the semi sure wish we could up the amount of Chicken we we get from then and not sure if is going to be enough to keep up with the lamb. Just have to wait and see.
Sorry for all my ramblings had a lot on my mine both positive and negative

thanks Devs

I didn't see any replies to my questions so please let me ask them again....

If we accidentally double click the X and skip one of facilities will the Mayor pick that one up for us?

Can we have more than one of the same type of train car on the same train or on a second train to get more product?

thank you

Farmer Rabbit
Aug 04 2012, 11:22 PM
Howdy all. I have read the opening page + pages 15-19. Hope I did not overlook if someone else has posted this glitch. Here it is:

Under the Send Gifts tab, the new ppl are not all able to be selected. For example, when clicking the Young Farmer the 'button' will not select him. Instead the person above him is suddenly selected. This happens with several of the new ppl in the gift tab. Have reloaded the farm and rebooted the internet connection numerous times.

Also have had a tough time working crops and plowing on other ppl's farms. Sometimes I am frozen. Happening since this update, fyi.

All looks great! Adore the Mediterranean option. Just GREAT! tyvm :D

Aussie Rae
Aug 05 2012, 12:41 AM

just click on the comodo logo at the top left of the browser and you will find everything, I also use that browser at times...:)

maggiel29
Aug 05 2012, 01:48 AM
I didn't see any replies to my questions so please let me ask them again....

If we accidentally double click the X and skip one of facilities will the Mayor pick that one up for us?

Can we have more than one of the same type of train car on the same train or on a second train to get more product?

thank you

The mayor does seem to pick up missed facilities - I did that on a farm that had 6, I had clicked the 4th one having missed number 3 and the mayor still said he was doing the other 3.

To answer your second question no you cant have more than one car the same - the second would not function - maybe it will in the future when we are able to have more than one train being sent or maybe it will have to be on another loco.

maggiel29
Aug 05 2012, 01:50 AM
Howdy all. I have read the opening page + pages 15-19. Hope I did not overlook if someone else has posted this glitch. Here it is:

Under the Send Gifts tab, the new ppl are not all able to be selected. For example, when clicking the Young Farmer the 'button' will not select him. Instead the person above him is suddenly selected. This happens with several of the new ppl in the gift tab. Have reloaded the farm and rebooted the internet connection numerous times.

Also have had a tough time working crops and plowing on other ppl's farms. Sometimes I am frozen. Happening since this update, fyi.

All looks great! Adore the Mediterranean option. Just GREAT! tyvm :D

Ive had probs too with the new gifts - the "Woman with Watering Can" wont send - I get a pop up error message. I can exchange all of them OK.

maggiel29
Aug 05 2012, 01:56 AM

Just a thought - the mayor only pops up on farms with 4 or more facilities or services.

knolan
Aug 05 2012, 07:39 AM
I would like to see an option to allow the mayor to process the 2nd half of the factories, or we can do the rest ourselves. I am not sure that the mayor is giving me all of the XP's or coins. I want to make sure I can verify that the processing credits are applied. The number of items added to storage isn't telling me how many xp's or coins are added. I would much rather do the factories myself rather than risk an error when the mayor does the work.

KnightRider
Aug 05 2012, 07:51 AM
I believe that the mayor is giving me the correct xp and you don't get coins for working factories or service facilities, I would rather work half and the mayor working half, I would probably think different if it was real items and I was losing real money, but since everything you gain from them is virtual I will trust the mayor, he has been good to me so far.

Majik Merlin
Aug 05 2012, 08:17 AM
I have a few comments to share

First.. I LOVE the mayor working half...it was sheer GENIUS! Such a wonderful solution to an overwhelming problem for us workers. I think it is so much better than a 'one click' option some folks have been asking for and one I personally hope is never provided.

Second...the new peeps. They are great! and..overall they are proportionate (with some exception) and I love how they look on my farms. I do look forward to more peeps doing other things in future updates such as people for train station (winter and summer clothes), at the beach, playing tennis and other games, "LITTLE" kids and so on. I do hope they are made so they can go on top of our decorations tho an not sink to the bottom.

Good to see new cars for train, tho I would still like the option to select what I want (like with the semi)rather than having to pay for items I don't need however, I can just sell what I don't need.

Do have one question? Can I have a working train on more than one farm???

Overall, I think this was a wonderful update and I, personally, have not encountered any glitches other than not being able to produce enough product for them, but I guess that is not a glitch.

Many thanks Devs

maggiel29
Aug 05 2012, 08:19 AM
I would like to see an option to allow the mayor to process the 2nd half of the factories, or we can do the rest ourselves. I am not sure that the mayor is giving me all of the XP's or coins. I want to make sure I can verify that the processing credits are applied. The number of items added to storage isn't telling me how many xp's or coins are added. I would much rather do the factories myself rather than risk an error when the mayor does the work.

Just as an exercise in response to concerns about this I checked a couple of times when working a friends Facs where I know what was loaded and it is correct as regards XPs - you don't get coins for working Facs only goods.
I love this new feature - I am getting far more workers for my own Facs. and its now much less time consuming working others - this was a much needed feature to enable this part of the game to continue working - it had become so tedious working 60+ on Facs on some farms - one neighbour has 70 on one and 35 on another. Now its a breeze.

Docperk
Aug 05 2012, 08:37 AM
The mayor does seem to pick up missed facilities - I did that on a farm that had 6, I had clicked the 4th one having missed number 3 and the mayor still said he was doing the other 3.

To answer your second question no you cant have more than one car the same - the second would not function - maybe it will in the future when we are able to have more than one train being sent or maybe it will have to be on another loco.

Thank you for your reply Maggiel

Docperk
Aug 05 2012, 08:44 AM
Just as an exercise in response to concerns about this I checked a couple of times when working a friends Facs where I know what was loaded and it is correct as regards XPs - you don't get coins for working Facs only goods.
I love this new feature - I am getting far more workers for my own Facs. and its now much less time consuming working others - this was a much needed feature to enable this part of the game to continue working - it had become so tedious working 60+ on Facs on some farms - one neighbour has 70 on one and 35 on another. Now its a breeze.

I agree it is much easier now, but I still wish there more a facility type manager, I too have a neighbor that 70 on one 35 on another one or 2 and at least 10 on every single farm. Their farm is way over stacked and unless I remember to turn everything off it is very time consuming to load all 15 farms. That has always been my main complaint is having to go to every farm to work the facilities, I had never even thought of the Mayor doing half of the work for us, but with as many facilities everybody is getting now that is a good idea too.

Angel7
Aug 05 2012, 09:39 AM
Thank you for your reply Maggiel

I tested this to see if the mayor would pick up missed ones and it DOES NOT. I intentionally skipped a flour one on a farm that had 4 factories, the mayor worked 2 factories and then I went to a different farm and came back. The flour one was not done and it let me do it alone with the mayor doing nothing.

And although it is nice to have to do less factories, the time involved hasn't been reduced much. We still have to go to every single farm and that is what consumes so much time. Most of my neighbors have stuff on almost every farm and it is VERY time consuming to do it, especially when you are the 5th or 6th person there and you don't get hardly anything. Yet, they won't work my farm if I don't work theirs. There should be a minimum of stuff we get if we work farms and it should be streamlined so it automatically works every farm one right after the other, or better yet, when you work a facility on one farm, it automatically works the same thing on any other farm so we don't have to do all the duplicates.

I know my 2 cents isn't worth much, but there it is anyway.....:D

Grumpa
Aug 05 2012, 10:22 AM
I agree it is much easier now, but I still wish there more a facility type manager, I too have a neighbor that 70 on one 35 on another one or 2 and at least 10 on every single farm. Their farm is way over stacked and unless I remember to turn everything off it is very time consuming to load all 15 farms. That has always been my main complaint is having to go to every farm to work the facilities, I had never even thought of the Mayor doing half of the work for us, but with as many facilities everybody is getting now that is a good idea too.

Just get into the habit of turning everything off before you go to work facilities.

Grumpa
Aug 05 2012, 10:24 AM
I tested this to see if the mayor would pick up missed ones and it DOES NOT. I intentionally skipped a flour one on a farm that had 4 factories, the mayor worked 2 factories and then I went to a different farm and came back. The flour one was not done and it let me do it alone with the mayor doing nothing.

And although it is nice to have to do less factories, the time involved hasn't been reduced much. We still have to go to every single farm and that is what consumes so much time. Most of my neighbors have stuff on almost every farm and it is VERY time consuming to do it, especially when you are the 5th or 6th person there and you don't get hardly anything. Yet, they won't work my farm if I don't work theirs. There should be a minimum of stuff we get if we work farms and it should be streamlined so it automatically works every farm one right after the other, or better yet, when you work a facility on one farm, it automatically works the same thing on any other farm so we don't have to do all the duplicates.

you could always just work 1 farm for facilities if they have nothing. It will still show below the farm window that you have worked there facilities.

Texas Belle
Aug 05 2012, 07:19 PM
Has anybody experience slowness with the game? Blackouts? Plug in failures? Maybe its just me, but I am getting very frustated, have changed from Safari to Firefox, to Google Chrome and still the same... I know that my WF has changed from 34 to 4. Maybe its the Flash Player, but I am having lots of issues here. I love and was so excited for the new release, but then the glitches came... help please, and yes I have cleaned cache and macro so not the problem.

Texas Belle
Aug 05 2012, 07:27 PM
I have not seen that the problem with the flash player crashing has been acknowledged as a problem yet. It may be the flash player, but the problems started with the upgrade. It seems Slashkey should be working with Adobe to find and fix the problem. The problem will not be fixed until it is acknowledged as a probem.

AMEN... and I hope is soon, because I am running out of internet servers and they all are doing the same, freeze up, blackouts or thrown out... and very very slow to work on farms whether its yours or friends.

Texas Star
Aug 06 2012, 12:32 AM
I appreciate the Mayor helping out very much! Great idea working half and him doing the other half. This has been a great savings of time as the farms load quickly so I don't mind visiting them, but many of my friends have more than 30 facilities on a farm, and some have more than 70 per farm, so only needing to do half of them saves a lot of time and a lot of clicks! TY

Loss of xp and goods
BUT... I have noticed that sometimes when I click for him to do his share...the text box disappears but I do not get the second box saying how much he did and my xp does not change. If I return to the same farm, it shows I have worked the facilities and I get the "oops I have already helped" message. This happened several times today so I monitored it carefully. It seemed to happen on farms with 30 or more facilities which was quite a loss. On two people's it happened on two of their farms, but the rest were only on one farm per person.

maggiel29
Aug 06 2012, 03:21 AM

Both good ideas - automatically going to the next farm and working all the same facs in one swoop. I also wanted somethignlike the facility manager - but I do not want to click on 100+ facilities in it. That would work if we had a "Work All Button" - but I DO like the mayor helping. Sorry he didnt help with yours - Ive tried it a couple of times and both he picked up the missing facility. Perhaps it is a random glitch.

Vivienne57
Aug 06 2012, 05:30 AM
Love the Farmer popping up working on stuff.

Thanks for the improvements for the trains also

By the way the time saved working on neighbors farms is wonderful

Farmer popping up working on stuff????????????? where?

Farmer Rabbit
Aug 06 2012, 06:02 AM
Yes! what she said!! :D :D ;)

I sorta expected little people like our Avatars though...

Thanks Raul and crew!

But wouldn't that be hilarious? We'd accept a hire from the market, land on that farm to work, see all these other avatars standing around, panic and start frantically working to get our fair share when low and behold they are just 'people'. LOL, that would be so funny & start such riots down on the farms! Agree, I do love the new little ppl. :D

docmm6
Aug 06 2012, 06:07 AM
AMEN... and I hope is soon, because I am running out of internet servers and they all are doing the same, freeze up, blackouts or thrown out... and very very slow to work on farms whether its yours or friends.
Try using komodo dragon it isn't acting up as much as IE, Firefox or Chrome.

maggiel29
Aug 06 2012, 07:01 AM
Farmer popping up working on stuff????????????? where?

The mayor - he pops up halfway through when you are working a neighbours facilities (providing there are 4 or more) and does the rest for you - and gives you the XP and goods.

iceberg
Aug 06 2012, 09:35 AM
Why not play the game fair you have
2 new facilities for the rich with farmcash
1 new facilitity for the poor with coins
Why can't you make it even
The rich get richer n the poor well they don't count
even on Farmtown.

Texas Star
Aug 06 2012, 10:05 AM
Thank you so much for all of the facilities and items that can be bought with coins. Sometimes I buy some Farmcash but even when I don't there is always plenty of goodies available for coins. Realizing that this is the developers job/career ... I think they are very generous! Other game developers are not half as generous and the games are not half the fun!

Texas Star
Aug 06 2012, 10:17 AM
Both good ideas - automatically going to the next farm and working all the same facs in one swoop. I also wanted somethignlike the facility manager - but I do not want to click on 100+ facilities in it. That would work if we had a "Work All Button" - but I DO like the mayor helping. Sorry he didnt help with yours - Ive tried it a couple of times and both he picked up the missing facility. Perhaps it is a random glitch.

I have checked and so far the mayor has not picked up any of the facilities that I miss, but I am able to work them if I return to that farm so no big deal for me. Unfortunately I do this two or three times a day because I get to clicking too fast.

I would not like to automatically be moved from farm to farm. It is not that hard for me to choose the next farm. (just my 2 cents worth :D).

maggiel29
Aug 06 2012, 12:27 PM
I'm getting time-outs, things are generally slow and I can't load the Facility Manager. Working friends facilities is really slow and often the third one does not load - asks me to try again - and that doesnt work either. Ive tried all the usual things.
I usually use Google Chrome, but Firefox is the same and I have never been able to play this game on IE. Im on server WF8, I use broadband on a fast connection on a PC running Windows 7

PS My husband can work my Facs using the same computer and he has no problems.

KnightRider
Aug 06 2012, 12:54 PM
even on Farmtown.

When the facilities comes out there is always 2 coin and 2 FC, that is fair, it is just this release one of the coin facilities was already in the store as decorations. This is the new facilities, they are split 2 and 2, you can't get more fair than 2 coin 2 FC.

Mediterranean Restaurant - Coin
Hardware Shop - Coin
Beach Gear Factory - FC
Beach Gear Rental - FC

Rob T
Aug 06 2012, 04:00 PM
hi,

Just a friendly reminder that outside links are not permitted on the forum unless approved by the moderation team.

theperfectnina
Aug 07 2012, 02:13 AM
I am really happy with the Major helping with facs, saves so much time, pity farm town is having issues with Flash though, once that is fixed it will be great. Can't wait until the train effects the Major helping with more in the future :-)

Texas Belle
Aug 07 2012, 08:52 AM
even on Farmtown.

That is not true, there are 2 with farmcash and 2 with coins, go back and look. I have friends that DO NOT have farmcash facilities and they are at the same level I am which is the highest, you don't have to have everything or take from the ones that can.

Aussie Rae
Aug 07 2012, 05:36 PM
before the last update I had not experienced a shockwave player crash for 18 months....have now had it crash THREE times while working other peoples facilities...I used Google chrome and comodo dragon browsers....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT? at the moment I have given up working any one else's facilities because of this problem..thank you

Grumpa
Aug 07 2012, 07:51 PM
before the last update I had not experienced a shockwave player crash for 18 months....have now had it crash THREE times while working other peoples facilities...I used Google chrome and comodo dragon browsers....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT? at the moment I have given up working any one else's facilities because of this problem..thank you

It seems to be a hit and miss problem. I also use chrome and the shockwave crashing come every now and then and then faster at times.

Makes one wonder. I have been on server 9, 39 and a couple of others.

Right now it is 39.

KnightRider
Aug 07 2012, 08:03 PM
I agree with Aussie Rae, this game is broken and what is so annoying is developers wont address the problem. It is not my computer or internet provider, I have used diff computer and many diff browsers same thing, have no issues with anyother games in facebook that I play. this is a good concept but isnt working very well. I dont think the flash player can handle the big hit of the mayor working so many factories at once. Love the idea but if I dont hit save before the mayor works and right after he works I get white screen, or black screen. I clear files from flash many times a day. I dont want any suggestions on what I need to do to my computer, it is fine, your game is broke.

The game is not broken, mine works fine, if the game was broken everyone would have a problem, mine didn't work til I disabled some flash files to re-enable the old flash player then it worked again.

JW2009
Aug 07 2012, 08:16 PM
SINCE the last update - i keep getting SHOCKWAVE player crash on me every time i go from farm to farm. i uninstalled it and re-installed it and still keep getting this, it's making FT not enjoyable - thank you

JanetBC
Aug 07 2012, 08:17 PM
i agree with aussie rae, this game is broken and what is so annoying is developers wont address the problem. It is not my computer or internet provider, i have used diff computer and many diff browsers same thing, have no issues with anyother games in facebook that i play. This is a good concept but isnt working very well. I dont think the flash player can handle the big hit of the mayor working so many factories at once. Love the idea but if i dont hit save before the mayor works and right after he works i get white screen, or black screen. I clear files from flash many times a day. I dont want any suggestions on what i need to do to my computer, it is fine, your game is broke.

i totally agree with this post!!!! This is getting old!!! :(

JanetBC
Aug 07 2012, 09:12 PM
The game is not broken, mine works fine, if the game was broken everyone would have a problem, mine didn't work til I disabled some flash files to re-enable the old flash player then it worked again.

YOU are very LUCKY IF ur's is working properly!!!!!! YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY-I can ASSURE YOU OF THAT!!! The GAME IS BROKEN and NEEDS to be FIXED ASAP!!!

Majik Merlin
Aug 07 2012, 09:32 PM
even on Farmtown.

The 'poor' as you call us, got two facilities as well...just because one was once just a building, it is now a facility. Hey, we poor folk who had it don't have to spend anymore coins to get it. BUT IT COUNTS

I find FT Devs very fair in how they 'spread the wealth'

Majik Merlin
Aug 07 2012, 09:38 PM
YOU are very LUCKY IF ur's is working properly!!!!!! YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY-I can ASSURE YOU OF THAT!!! The GAME IS BROKEN and NEEDS to be FIXED ASAP!!!

I am sure the Devs are doing what they can. You can't work with programming an just snap your fingers to fix something. It takes time and sometimes quite a bit of time. Even tho it is frustrating for us players, I think a little patience is called for.

JanetBC
Aug 07 2012, 09:53 PM
I am sure the Devs are doing what they can. You can't work with programming an just snap your fingers to fix something. It takes time and sometimes quite a bit of time. Even tho it is frustrating for us players, I think a little patience is called for.

I along with MANY of my FARMTOWN NEIGHBORS have had PATIENCE for DAYS and DAYS NOW !! HOW LONG is long ENOUGH to WAIT without COMPLAINING??? Tell me that PLEASE!

Taz D
Aug 07 2012, 10:00 PM
I agree with Aussie Rae, this game is broken and what is so annoying is developers wont address the problem. It is not my computer or internet provider, I have used diff computer and many diff browsers same thing, have no issues with anyother games in facebook that I play. this is a good concept but isnt working very well. I dont think the flash player can handle the big hit of the mayor working so many factories at once. Love the idea but if I dont hit save before the mayor works and right after he works I get white screen, or black screen. I clear files from flash many times a day. I dont want any suggestions on what I need to do to my computer, it is fine, your game is broke.
I am trying to figure out how data transfer is causing this problem? What the mayot is doing is nothing more than data transfer and the only part of that process that flash would be involved with would be to display the two messages from the mayor which is only one more than you would normally get and a whole lot less facility information displayed.
Mozilla and Adobe have both admitted it is a problem with them. What would you like Farm Town to do to fix their problem. We have been through this before with Adobe breaking the player.

suepatches
Aug 07 2012, 11:11 PM
flash version 11.3.300.270 problems started first day of new release. windows 7, 64 bit. Problem happens when working factories. white out when doing factories for about the 5th farmer I work for, oftener if they have lots of factories on a farm. server wf9. By making previous statement I did not intend to start a verbal war in the form, was just making a statement.

Flo57
Aug 07 2012, 11:18 PM
Exactly !!!

Electrox
Aug 08 2012, 01:35 AM
flash version 11.3.300.270 problems started first day of new release. windows 7, 64 bit. Problem happens when working factories. white out when doing factories for about the 5th farmer I work for, oftener if they have lots of factories on a farm. server wf9. By making previous statement I did not intend to start a verbal war in the form, was just making a statement.

it is funny that adobe has not listed the updates 11.3.300.270 and the one last week. 11.3.31.222 at all on their website. both of these did not have an uninstaller on the updater. so... you could have 11.3.300.268 and the newer two all three installed and working causing crashes. I'm stable on chrome with built in gone, and older ones disabled with only the 31.222 enabled.

There is or seems to be some bad code, as I tend to see lightning flash around the mayor pop up. yes, this is in flash... and can also cause mental issues with brain waves.

Warning and Bans can be popped up without an auto-clicker , or bot. there is many issues here for SK to fix. server is slower with the anti-bot then it was back in 2009 with the anti-layering watchdog. The farms are coming to a crawl when designing new farms putting in 10,000 trees. etc.

HelenJS22
Aug 08 2012, 02:15 AM

Actually it's quite possible that the majority is having no problem with it. I've worked several neighbours farms now with the mayor taking over for me and I've had no problem at all, using both Firefox and Chrome. Those who find it works perfectly mostly don't come in to the forum to report this. I just spoke on facebook to some of my farmtown neighbours and had no problems with it reported. Obviously not all of them are on line at the moment, but rarely when I survey my neighbours do they have the problems and issues being reported in the forum.

As someone else said, it's a hit and miss problem. So often the problem is random and happening to a minority of players, so this makes it very difficult for anyone to pin point the problem and then to work out whether the problem is the game or something in the players' computer ... then to try to fix it.

maggiel29
Aug 08 2012, 02:29 AM
Actually it's quite possible that the majority is having no problem with it. I've worked several neighbours farms now with the mayor taking over for me and I've had no problem at all, using both Firefox and Chrome. Those who find it works perfectly mostly don't come in to the forum to report this. I just spoke on facebook to some of my farmtown neighbours and had no problems with it reported. Obviously not all of them are on line at the moment, but rarely when I survey my neighbours do they have the problems and issues being reported in the forum.

As someone else said, it's a hit and miss problem. So often the problem is random and happening to a minority of players, so this makes it very difficult for anyone to pin point the problem and then to work out whether the problem is the game or something in the players' computer ... then to try to fix it.

Very very true I had probs yesterday morning then it righted itself - I also had problems on another game - with lots more elements moving on the screen. Today Im getting a flash of something as one player described here - it appears when any pop up happens - including one for bonuses.
So its intermittent - inconsistent and very difficult to pinpoint the problem I should imagine.

I have version 11,3,31,222 of the Flash player installed automatically by Chrome - the browser I use.

KnightRider
Aug 08 2012, 06:36 AM
For Chrome I had to disable both of the following versions of Flash:

Version: 11.3.31.222
Version: 11,3,300,268
---------------------------
I am using version:

Version: 11,3,300,270

There is another game that I play that I need to use the right mouse button and with the other 2 versions enabled my right mouse button doesn't work.

shasimaus1
Aug 08 2012, 08:28 AM
I don't post much but am also having the problem of shockwave crashing, usually when working other farms. First happened 2 days ago then today happened when doing my own farm :( however will try to exercise patience as I'm sure the 'experts' will fix this as soon as they can :) I'm no puter tech just an addicted FT player lol :) Thanks to the Devs for all the work they do, I appreciate it and thoroughly enjoy this game :) Happy farming!

Majik Merlin
Aug 08 2012, 10:02 AM
I along with MANY of my FARMTOWN NEIGHBORS have had PATIENCE for DAYS and DAYS NOW !! HOW LONG is long ENOUGH to WAIT without COMPLAINING??? Tell me that PLEASE!

I may be wrong, but I don't think you know much about computer code. They cannot read and edit (fix) code like when you edit a page of regular text. It can take quite some time.... weeks and even months. Do you think all these new features are created over night? They could have been working on code for the people for example for months before releasing them to the game. Every change in code can affect numerous other codes and if they make one change, it usually means they have to make a lot of changes. It's not easy or everyone would be doing it. Some fixes are simple, but many are not.

Majik Merlin
Aug 08 2012, 10:07 AM
Janet BC.....Here is a simple example of some programming code... can you make heads or tails of it? If so, bravo!

clrscr();
int gd=DETECT,gm,i=0;
detectgraph(&gd,&gm);
initgraph(&gd,&gm,"c:\tc\bgi");
rectangle(0,5,630,400);
rectangle(10,15,620,390);

settextstyle(1,0,1);
outtextxy(245,238,"DESIGNER");
while(!kbhit())
{
setcolor(i);
settextstyle(2,0,0);
outtextxy(32,170,"* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *");
outtextxy(32,178,"*
*");
outtextxy(32,186,"*
*");
outtextxy(32,196,"*
*");

StoneFace
Aug 08 2012, 10:13 AM
I may be wrong, but I don't think you know much about computer code. They cannot read and edit (fix) code like when you edit a page of regular text. It can take quite some time.... weeks and even months. Do you think all these new features are created over night? They could have been working on code for the people for example for months before releasing them to the game. Every change in code can affect numerous other codes and if they make one change, it usually means they have to make a lot of changes. It's not easy or everyone would be doing it. Some fixes are simple, but many are not.

yep.... if it was that easy, even I might try it. lol

It is especially tough when the devs have to work with little or no info from each person having trouble... what Flash version, description of the problem, etc etc.

I say give them all the info you can, and let them do their job. Then buy something with Farm Cash to support the game, the cost of the game, and the devs income to keep it going.

KnightRider
Aug 08 2012, 10:23 AM
yep.... if it was that easy, even I might try it. lol

It is especially tough when the devs have to work with little or no info from each person having trouble... what Flash version, description of the problem, etc etc.

I say give them all the info you can, and let them do their job. Then buy something with Farm Cash to support the game, the cost of the game, and the devs income to keep it going.

I used to do basic programming like 30 years ago on my commodore 64, but computer coding is nothing like basic programming, I wish I did know how to do it I would try to make a game, even if it was just a small game and easy to play.
I have saw several post of people having problems and they say "I am having problems, fix it." and that is all they put in their post. Now how is a dev suppose to fix the problem that they are having when they put no information to help fix the problem. I have mentioned this before in other posts, I know there are some people that do give info, but there is also a lot that doesn't. We all need to help the dev's make this a good game.

StoneFace
Aug 08 2012, 10:51 AM
I used to do basic programming like 30 years ago on my commodore 64, but computer coding is nothing like basic programming, I wish I did know how to do it I would try to make a game, even if it was just a small game and easy to play.
I have saw several post of people having problems and they say "I am having problems, fix it." and that is all they put in their post. Now how is a dev suppose to fix the problem that they are having when they put no information to help fix the problem. I have mentioned this before in other posts, I know there are some people that do give info, but there is also a lot that doesn't. We all need to help the dev's make this a good game.

We had a game developer come live with us for a couple months while he was building a stand-alone kids game for a friend.... it was awesome how fast he worked and how clever he was at integrating the animation with sound etc.... and drawing some pictures on a tablet. What I found fascinating was the layout for the codes and how they interacted just for a "simple game" played on a single CD... with a "different" game each time.

One of my sons is well employed for a major ad company. But he can do both design and development, where as many in the business are taught one or the other.

and yes I usually complain to him with FT issues before I go to the forum :p

now Face Book is introducing on line gambling, supposedly hooked in with games like farmville... :confused::confused:

Will we see even more lag and other problems.... I "bet" we will

JanetBC
Aug 08 2012, 11:06 AM

[QUOTE=Majik Merlin;5246486]Janet BC.....Here is a simple example of some programming code... can you make heads or tails of it? If so, bravo!

clrscr();
int gd=DETECT,gm,i=0;
detectgraph(&gd,&gm);
initgraph(&gd,&gm,"c:\tc\bgi");
rectangle(0,5,630,400);
rectangle(10,15,620,390);

settextstyle(1,0,1);
outtextxy(245,238,"DESIGNER");
while(!kbhit())
{
setcolor(i);
settextstyle(2,0,0);
outtextxy(32,170,"* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *");
outtextxy(32,178,"*
*");
outtextxy(32,186,"*
*");
outtextxy(32,196,"*

I GOT ON HERE TO VOICE MY CONCERNS TO FARMTOWN----"NOT" to have a VERBAL WAR and to be BASHED BY EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS FORUM! I am MORE GROWNUP than that! THANK GOODNESS for TONY and RAUL! They have contacted me and are NOW WORKING on FIXING MY PROBLEMS which I REALLY DO HAVE!!! BTW--IF I was a Computer Genius, I wouldn't be here TRYING to play FARMTOWN!!!!! This is supposed to be "FUN"!

SeaJay
Aug 08 2012, 12:53 PM
I'm feeling a little bad for FarmTown right now.

Only I should be allowed to cuss them out and nobody else!!! ;) jk jk

But I have been on my own tirades of late and wanted to apologize for being part of the problem and not of the solution!! I know you guys are doing everything you can to keep as many of us as happy as possible and not many of us consider how tied your hands are with FB demands, browser demands and serious cheaters that make it a double edged sword.

Hang in there Devs. I still love you. Sorry for my rants. And thanks for listening.

InePine
Aug 08 2012, 01:15 PM
If you read the Adobe forums you will see that its not just Farmtown, there are alot more angry people on that forum then there are here (believe it or not lol) and I dont really think there is alot the FT devs can do until Adobe fix their mess.

I have tried several browsers the last week or so and Comodo Dragon is the most stable one for me, it is alot like Chrome and Firefox, so it might be a good idea to try that and see if it helps any of you, its actually faster then im used to with Firefox/Chrome :)

callahangal
Aug 08 2012, 02:07 PM
I thank you so much for the expediting of working facilities, maybe others will work more. The Farm Town game had became quite time consuming, now we will enjoy it more so!!! God Bless!!!

Hornyroo
Aug 08 2012, 05:47 PM
Blame Abode, not FT people - they are the ones who consistantly upgrade flash for apparently the fun of it every few weeks - to prevent this issue in the future, set your adobe not to automatically update - or deny the install if it has already downloaded, I learnt early on this will mess with with FT big time... or wait at least until the forum seems to give the all clear on a fix for issues - remember - FT/SLashkey is not responsible for the shockwave plugin in - they dont know what will happen anymore than we do each time adobe messes with it - yet, I can assure you, these dev's will be running around behind the scenes trying their hardest to correct an issue thats been thrust upon them - chill out with the blame game and learn a little patience!!

StoneFace
Aug 08 2012, 05:51 PM
Blame Abode, not FT people - they are the ones who consistantly upgrade flash for apparently the fun of it every few weeks - to prevent this issue in the future, set your adobe not to automatically update - or deny the install if it has already downloaded, I learnt early on this will mess with with FT big time... or wait at least until the forum seems to give the all clear on a fix for issues - remember - FT/SLashkey is not responsible for the shockwave plugin in - they dont know what will happen anymore than we do each time adobe messes with it - yet, I can assure you, these dev's will be running around behind the scenes trying their hardest to correct an issue thats been thrust upon them - chill out with the blame game and learn a little patience!!

Maybe they think they need to upgrade to justify their jobs.:cool:

Grumpa
Aug 08 2012, 06:12 PM
With all the problems working the neighbors facilities.

Is the server we connect to, the WF # the server we are on or the one the neighbor is on?

I just worked the neighbor in a second tab and the server there was not the same as the one in the first tab.

Taz D
Aug 08 2012, 06:33 PM
With all the problems working the neighbors facilities.

Is the server we connect to, the WF # the server we are on or the one the neighbor is on?

I just worked the neighbor in a second tab and the server there was not the same as the one in the first tab.
It is the server the neighbor is on that you go to when working on their farm.

Grumpa
Aug 08 2012, 06:59 PM
It is the server the neighbor is on that you go to when working on their farm.

That is what I thought.

I started a thread in Farm Town Social called , Browser. server, problem information.

Maybe if people post the information of what the are having with it can help the developers.

Taz D
Aug 08 2012, 07:08 PM
That is what I thought.

I started a thread in Farm Town Social called , Browser. server, problem information.

Maybe if people post the information of what the are having with it can help the developers.
Probably should be in the Help and Support or Feedback sections though rather than the Social.

Docperk
Aug 08 2012, 08:38 PM
I have seen several post about the flash crashes having to do with working facilities. I have not had any when doing that, all of my crashes have been on my own farm moving from farm to farm, it is like the cache fills up and can't handle any more and crashes. Once it crashes and I reload the game it is fine.

maggiel29
Aug 08 2012, 09:20 PM
Small point with all the Flash problems but can you please add the new people to the list of items that can be hidden - thanks.

Docperk
Aug 08 2012, 09:36 PM
I have seen several post about the flash crashes having to do with working facilities. I have not had any when doing that, all of my crashes have been on my own farm moving from farm to farm, it is like the cache fills up and can't handle any more and crashes. Once it crashes and I reload the game it is fine.

Well I guess I should have kept my mouth (fingers) shut (still) it just crashed on me while working facilities.

Hornyroo
Aug 08 2012, 10:29 PM
Maybe they think they need to upgrade to justify their jobs.:cool:

:D always a possibilty

Murray
Aug 08 2012, 10:45 PM
with all due respect to those who are having troubles...I must say that any problems I have had which were minor and getaroundable (if there is such a word). I am the laziest person on earth when it comes to doing housekeeping...clearing my cache etc...but I did however upgrade to a pc that can handle the load. A really do feel that some people are trying to do too much with too little. No complaints from me Devs. Keep up the good work.

HelenJS22
Aug 08 2012, 11:25 PM
with all due respect to those who are having troubles...I must say that any problems I have had which were minor and getaroundable (if there is such a word). I am the laziest person on earth when it comes to doing housekeeping...clearing my cache etc...but I did however upgrade to a pc that can handle the load. A really do feel that some people are trying to do too much with too little. No complaints from me Devs. Keep up the good work.

I agree with you here. I rarely have any problem at all on a very powerful set up, but a friend who constantly had many problems and was eventually persuaded to buy a new computer suddenly found that 99% of her farm town problems simply melted away immediately.

Oh, and of course 'getaroundable' is a word :D

inkdone
Aug 09 2012, 04:16 AM
Getting back to the new release for a moment, and....if I missed someone else saying it already in the 25 pages I went through, I'm sorry, BUT....
The Mayor helping is great, but in the spirit of minimizing mouse clicks that don't seem to have purpose......why does there need to be TWO confirmation windows for the Mayor's help?
In the 1st one will anyone EVER say 'NO, I DON'T want the Mayor to work the remaining farms'? The 2nd window that says they've been worked, and how many goods you got for it.....seems fine to me as the only confirmation needed :)