PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- September 1st, 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Raul
Sep 01 2012, 12:12 AM
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Sep 6th, 9:00PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 40 Regular (non Farming) People in the Store (coming on Monday)

2. Faster to work neighbour facilities: If you have a train dispatched, the more diversified your train is (variety of its freight cars) the more the Mayor will help you when working neighbour facilities. The mayor will work 5% more facilities for each different freight car in your train, meaning, if you have at least 10 different freight cars dispatched the Mayor will do all the work for you.

3. Search Bar in the Store: The Store and Realtor windows now have a Search Box in the top right that allows you to quickly type part of the title of an item and it will show you all items from all categories that match that partial word. For example, typing 3 will show you all the 3x3 tools. Typing yellow will show you all items with the word Yellow in the title.

4. New Freight Cars (coming on Monday):

Lumber Car: Brings you Pine Lumber Piles, Oak Lumber Piles, Maple Lumber Piles and Ebony Lumber Piles
Bulkhead Car: Brings you Stainless Steel Sheets, Aluminum Sheets and Copper Sheets
Cattle Car: Brings you Cows, Goats, Hens, Turkeys and Horses (usefull if you don't have enough by getting them as gifts)

5. Toy Trouble Minigame: It's a Toy building minigame. As usual, you have 3 stages and you can go into Practice mode to play each of the stages and improve personal records or you have the option to play multiplayer with all your friends currently in the farm, in this case, the user who finish all the 3 stages first win.

The Goal of this minigame is to combine all same toy parts matching a particular color to build a complete toy and meet the Store demands.

6. Dispatching Trains with any Shape: You can now build trains in all shape and forms with different turns using all available freight cars. ALL the coupled cars will now be dispatched along with the locomotive. They don't need to be in a straight line anymore.

7. Freestyle Farm Designer (FC): There are now 2 tools for the hard core designers which will allow you to get very creative in your farms easily.

Orange Freestyle Farm Designer: Allow Layering of Paths and Ponds. This tool upgrades your yellow hand Edit Tool and enables paths and water items to almost fully overlap other items.

Green Freestyle Farm Designer: Allow Layering of All but Plants. If you already own the Orange Freestyle Farm Designer you can buy this Green Freestyle Farm Designer to allow any item except plants (fields/crops/tress/flowers) to almost fully overlap other items.

You can use these tools while designing on others farms as well.

8. Bug Fixes and Improvements:

- A week ago we released a verison that should experience much less flash plugin crashes
- Situations like been unable to dispatch a train (even if the train was unloaded but not dispatched again) should now be pretty much fixed. If you get this again you most likely dispatched a train from another farm. We will provide soon more information about current dispatched trains.
- When hidding decorations, people will be hidden as well
- Sometimes there were some empty boxes in the belt manager window, this should now be fixed
- This bug "...Since I dispatched the train, that farm is highlighted when neighbors work my faciities" is now fixed
- When you are collaborating with another player designing a farm together, you should now experience less hangs and crashes. Also, you will be able to rotate trains and freight cars as well. In the next release the owner may allow you to rotate farmcash items as well.

9. Playground Gear Factory (Coins): Produces Playground Gear.

Teeter Totter
Slide
Swing
Dome Jungle Gym
Rope Jungle Gym
Train
Merry Go Round
Trampoline

10. French Restaurant (FC): Produces French Food.

Escargots
Croissant
Nicoise Salad
Tartiflette
Coq au Vin
Beef Burgundy
Lamb-Pork Baeckeoffe
Banana-Strawberry Bites

New or Updated related products on other facilities:

Snails in the Semi Trailer Truck
Canned tuna production increased by 50%

11. Playground (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

(All products from the Playground Gear Factory)

12. Day Care (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Chicken Noodle Puree
Apple Squash Oatmeal Puree
Macaroni Beef and Veggies Puree
Nasal Aspirator Set
Feeding Bowl Set
Rocker
Rocking Horse

New levels and Farm 16 in the next release.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - Sep 1st, 1:40PM EST

- The bug with seeds dissapearing when scrolling is now solved but we still discovered some minor bugs on that area

Post Release Updates - Sep 1st, 2:45PM EST

- Seeds filtering/sorting should be solved now

Post Release Updates - Sep 6th, 2:30AM EST

- When changing the Seeds sort order (by harvest time, stored amount, etc) that sorting should not change randomly anymore

- Weird 'Seeds' and 'Realtor' filter words in Item Storage window Filter Dropdown removed

- When you are designing a farm for others realtime, if you have the freestyle tools that tool will also be shown in your toolbox, meaning you can select the green man walk tool to rotate items and then select the freestyle tool back from the toolbox to continue editing

- New Train Freight Cars are now live. Remember that when unloading the Cattle Car, the animals go directly to the item storage (not animal storage)

- The new people are now released in the new People category in the Store

- The Strawberry Icecream which was really a Bar in the Icecream Factory is now the Strawberry-Choco Bar

Post Release Updates - Sep 6th, 9:00PM EST

- The Mayor will now recognize the last 3 freight cars we launched to determine how many facilities to work, if you have at least 10 freight cars dispatched the mayor will do all facilities. THIS FIX WILL TAKE EFFECT AFTER 8 HOURS.

- Animals will not count anymore to determine the Usage of your item storage, meaning you can move any amount of animals to your item storage without using any slots, this also apply when unloading animals from the Cattle Freight Car to your item storage

- If you open the Train Manager and you see a message that you can't dispatch the train because you already have a train dispatched, that message will now include the farm you used to dispatch the previous train. To fix the issue and be able to dispatch a train again you need to first put a locomotive back on that farm and unload that previous dispatched train.

Known Issues

- None

MAUROMEN
Sep 01 2012, 12:16 AM
Thanks Raul..

anglnwhite
Sep 01 2012, 12:21 AM
Woooooooohoooooooooo! More farms on the way! You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!

AussieGecko
More goodies . . Thanks guys . . .wheeeeeeee!! and more people coming too. . . I am off to play now, thanks again. LOL

CharlieMiller
Awesome Thanx :)

Lance75231
Sep 01 2012, 12:23 AM
Awesome!! Thanks for the updates

Time1ess
Sep 01 2012, 12:24 AM
Kudos to the search option! I have been waiting for it for a LONG time!! That will save a LOT of time when I'm searching for one little thing in the shop!!

I don't know if this has anything to do with the update, but when I sort my seeder by "Stored Amount" my seeds all disappear. I have to reload the game to get it back. My seeds seem to be fine as long as I don't sort them out of the default setting. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: The seeds show up on the initial load....but as soon as you scroll, they disappear. I just called my friend in Oregon and had her try it and she said hers is doing it too.

Padme
Sep 01 2012, 12:25 AM
Thanks Raul thanks for the tools that lets us layer things on our farms. This will come in very handy. :D

Rob T
Sep 01 2012, 12:28 AM
Thanks Raul :) great release :)

Vicky Vine
Sep 01 2012, 12:30 AM
Kudos to the search option! I have been waiting for it for a LONG time!! That will save a LOT of time when I'm searching for one little thing in the shop!!

I don't know if this has anything to do with the update, but when I sort my seeder by "Stored Amount" my seeds all disappear. I have to reload the game to get it back. My seeds seem to be fine as long as I don't sort them out of the default setting. Anyone else having this issue?

GREAT update - thank you, but I have the same issue when seeding

psycho_mommi
Sep 01 2012, 12:30 AM
thanks Raul and dev team!!!! y'all ROCK!!! :D:D:D

psycho_mommi
Sep 01 2012, 12:31 AM
CAN WE PRETTY PLEASE HAVE A LOAD ALL IN THE NEXT UPDATE FOR FACS??? thanks thanks thanks thanks!!!!!

Hornyroo
Sep 01 2012, 12:41 AM
awesome!!!

MessyNessy
Sep 01 2012, 12:42 AM
I haven't been playing this game for long but want to say thank you so much because it's a really fun game to play. I love these updates too. Thank you to all involved. Have a great day everyone!

Hornyroo
Sep 01 2012, 12:56 AM
the new neighbours working arrangement is AWESOME!!!!! I havent worked a neighbours facs in almost 12 months because it was just too much.. this is brilliant

HelenJS22
Sep 01 2012, 12:57 AM
http://www.nhlcyberfamily.org/special/snoopy3.gif

dcsully
Sep 01 2012, 01:14 AM
I also have the same problem when trying to load what I want to plant - when I start to scroll all my seeds disappear!!! :confused:

Aussie Rae
Sep 01 2012, 01:21 AM
I knew there was a reason for not dispatching my train with its 9 carriages, will do so when the new ones are released...thank you!!!!! sob sob...I miss seeing all my little people I had scattered over my quest farm......really don't want to see the other decorations etc....maybe we need the option to allow the people to be seen...or maybe I will remove all the other decorations to another farm....and I love the new freestyle farm designers...gotta run, lots to do....thanks again, lol

al_bundy
Sep 01 2012, 01:21 AM
wow thanks raul

kazzaqld
Sep 01 2012, 01:25 AM
Typical - I just cleaned out my storage to pay for my next land upgrade!

Thanks Raul, another nice update!

Rob T
Sep 01 2012, 01:41 AM
Hi everyone, the developers have been informed about the seeds vanishing from the seeds window :)

charlies4ng3ls
Sep 01 2012, 01:46 AM
Thank you for the update however, I did like being able to see the people hiding decorations is cool but the people being visible made the farms look more real ... anyone else thinking the same way?

Aussie Rae
Sep 01 2012, 02:02 AM
I also have the same problem when trying to load what I want to plant - when I start to scroll all my seeds disappear!!! :confused:

start to type crops in the search bar and the crops come back!!:)

Majik Merlin
Sep 01 2012, 02:04 AM
Yahoo!!! Excited to see the new people.

One question, what about paths/layering? Can I put paths ON TOP of things again instead of their always sinking under other items?

Aussie Rae
Sep 01 2012, 02:04 AM
thank you for the update however, i did like being able to see the people hiding decorations is cool but the people being visible made the farms look more real ... Anyone else thinking the same way?

yes....i want to see all my people!!!!:)

Majik Merlin
Sep 01 2012, 02:08 AM
Thank you for the update however, I did like being able to see the people hiding decorations is cool but the people being visible made the farms look more real ... anyone else thinking the same way?

So do the 'decorations'. Suggestion: Just hide them when they are in the way of doing something else

Audrey45
Sep 01 2012, 02:33 AM
It's all good AGAIN. thank you so much. already have everything we can get today cant wait for Monday to get here :) blessings to all of you for your hard work

maggiel29
Sep 01 2012, 03:01 AM

Edit: The seeds show up on the initial load....but as soon as you scroll, they disappear. I just called my friend in Oregon and had her try it and she said hers is doing it too.

Oh no - yes its happening to me - how on earth am I going to plant my Quest farm which is in harvest time order!!! Re-selecting the default doesnt bring them back either - I had to reload the game. This is serious guys - it was working yesterday before this new release with the search button.

Just followed a suggestion above if you type crops in the search bar and hit return they come back and you can then sort them as usual

maggiel29
Sep 01 2012, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the update - you snuck that one in I wasnt expecting it - thanks for all the hard work especially with the concurrent probs with Flash caused by Adobe. Love the idea of the trains and working neighbours facs.

Rob T
Sep 01 2012, 03:09 AM
Hi, The devs have been informed about the issue with the seeds list :)

anneandjuice
Sep 01 2012, 03:10 AM
I love the new release and can't wait for the people on Monday, which for us in Oz will be Tuesday. But I am having problems with all my farms not loading after I load the first farm. I'm getting farms with nothing but the background when they finally do load. Google Chrome has updated today which may have something to do with it. I'm on WF5 and Flash version 11.4. Please help!

Anne :(

cocosfarm
Sep 01 2012, 03:21 AM
Since the new release came out my listing of seeds to plant by " stored amount" and "harvest time" do not work. I cannot even access all the seeds to plant crops. I DO have the newest flashplayer. I have never had trouble before this new release. Help please. Thank you.

maggiel29
Sep 01 2012, 03:23 AM
Oh no - yes its happening to me - how on earth am I going to plant my Quest farm which is in harvest time order!!! Re-selecting the default doesnt bring them back either - I had to reload the game. This is serious guys - it was working yesterday before this new release with the search button.

Just followed a suggestion above if you type crops in the search bar and hit return they come back and you can then sort them as usual

No that doesnt work I only get those seed items with "c" in the name - and you cant use the search box with the full screen so its very hard to plant. Really I dont think we need the search box in the seeders - the existing sorting features made finding what crops we need relatively easy.

maggiel29
Sep 01 2012, 03:32 AM

Lumber Car: Brings you Pine Lumber Piles, Oak Lumber Piles, Maple Lumber Piles and Ebony Lumber Piles
Bulkhead Car: Brings you Stainless Steel Sheets, Aluminum Sheets and Copper Sheets
Cattle Car: Brings you Cows, Goats, Hens, Turkeys and Horses (usefull if you don't have enough by getting them as gifts)

Please can we have select boxes on these, especially the Cattle car, so we dont have to have every item in a car - I need goats at the mo but I dont need the others.

al_bundy
Sep 01 2012, 03:49 AM
Raul

problem with the search

when you set filter only 14 seeds are showing up if you change the filter it eigther just shows 14 or goes blank when you scroll

cocosfarm
Sep 01 2012, 04:03 AM
The cursor is glitchy when trying to move things around since Sept 1 release. I have newest flashplayer and never had this before the new release.

maggiel29
Sep 01 2012, 04:18 AM
There is something wrong with the dialogue box when working others facilities. Instead of saying how many facs there are and how many the mayor will work it just says something like "there is work in the sawmill and the mayor will complete the last 4 for you" I have a dispatched train with 9 cars so I presume the mayor works 90% of the faciltiies on any farm. BTW I adore this idea.

KnightRider
Sep 01 2012, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the new release, I knew it would be on the 1st so everyone could enjoy it for the Labor Day weekend. Now I have to go look at all the new items.

Aussie Rae
Sep 01 2012, 04:21 AM
I just dispatched my train with its 9 carriages....I could not wait til Monday for that extra one!!! love it!!!! worked a neighbours who has 107 facilities on one farm...and only had to click 6 times....not bad...the mayor did 101....woo hoo....will be even better with that extra carriage but I just could not wait!! he he he

Molly Mew
Sep 01 2012, 04:24 AM
Great update. Thanks Raul. :)

maggiel29
Sep 01 2012, 04:26 AM
I just dispatched my train with its 9 carriages....I could not wait til Monday for that extra one!!! love it!!!! worked a neighbours who has 107 facilities on one farm...and only had to click 6 times....not bad...the mayor did 101....woo hoo....will be even better with that extra carriage but I just could not wait!! he he he

I agree - I am glad they didnt make us wait for Monday to get the Mayor to do most of the work! This is a brillliant feature.

petriekm
Sep 01 2012, 04:28 AM
Yay! Yippee Skippee! I love you Developers! I Do, I Do, I Do!!!!

Okay, am I excited about the new freestyle designer tool? Yup! You betcha by golly!

Thanks for the new goodies. You folks rock!

Kayo

HelenJS22
Sep 01 2012, 04:50 AM
Hey guys, I know it's a pain, but to plant just a quest farm, it is possible to get the category plant style if you go to the seed section in the store and pull it up that way. It means you have to plant back the old way ..... one little plot at a time :( - but that's ok for me as a stop gap to get my quest farm planted for overnight until the devs fix the issue.

Farm Lady
Sep 01 2012, 04:55 AM
Thank you for the wonderful update! The design tools are amazing!

mac16129
Sep 01 2012, 05:04 AM
More awesome additions to an already fantastic game!!! Thank you!!!!

InePine
Sep 01 2012, 05:07 AM
So I dispatched my trains yesterday, does that mean I have to wait 6 days before I can get more cars on my train and the Mayor wont work faster for me until then?

KnightRider
Sep 01 2012, 05:10 AM
So I dispatched my trains yesterday, does that mean I have to wait 6 days before I can get more cars on my train and the Mayor wont work faster for me until then?

You won't be able to connect anymore car, but the mayor should work the 5% for each car you have dispatched now.

KnightRider
Sep 01 2012, 05:19 AM
6. Dispatching Trains with any Shape: You can now build trains in all shape and forms with different turns using all available freight cars. ALL the coupled cars will now be dispatched along with the locomotive. They don't need to be in a straight line anymore.
Does this not work until Monday when the new cars are released, cause when you try to rotate the cars now there is still only 2 views.

sbrown44105
Sep 01 2012, 05:24 AM
I love this game. I really do.

Thank you for the newest releases today. however, as of this morning, I have a glitch on farm. The seeds menu disappears when you try to scroll down. No planting.

Also, BOOOOOO for charging farm cash for decorating tools. I dislike this idea on so many levels.It seems like yet another way to capitalize off of the farmers doing the things they enjoy most. It smacks like you needed another way to entice people to purchase. I am not one to feel bad if someone has more money to purchase things. However, I would not purchase those tools out of sheer principle. They are overpriced.

There are many many many farm cash items. Why make each one so expensive? If you continue to make this many things farm cash, please cut the price of the item by 1/4. we are bargain shoppers around here.

I had expected so many great things coming with this update. Namely, a fix for the fish and harvest flowers issue. Please make these things lucrative as well as time consuming. Obviously if fishing by hand is hard it is an incentive to purchase your tool. However, we as 'hirers' need help who will work our farms even if its by hand. fishing and flowers have too little incentive to do them at all. Many have chosen 'not to participate' at all. hence, the NO FISHING, NO FLOWERS people who populate the marketplace.

I had hoped that the farm cash we had been promised for completing quests had been forth coming as well.

Thank you for giving us a great game. BOO for overcharging

Farmer DeDe
Sep 01 2012, 05:26 AM
WOO HOO! Fantastic upgrade and I have three days to play (Monday off). Thanks Devs and Raul. :)

But there seems to be a glitch with the search feature when planting..if you use it, the pull down does not work with the seeds even after you restart the game it only let you search by type of seed.. A pain for me for I plan what I need to plank by the amount I have stored. I hope this is fixed soon. :(

maggiel29
Sep 01 2012, 05:27 AM
Hey guys, I know it's a pain, but to plant just a quest farm, it is possible to get the category plant style if you go to the seed section in the store and pull it up that way. It means you have to plant back the old way ..... one little plot at a time :( - but that's ok for me as a stop gap to get my quest farm planted for overnight until the devs fix the issue.

Good idea Helen thanks

JW2009
Sep 01 2012, 05:54 AM
Thank you so much, and for making Trains part of the game - Happy Farming ;0

Gregh
Sep 01 2012, 05:59 AM
To work around the crops problem (sorted by stored amount) while using my combine h/p/s I put a space in the box. Typing "crops" is no good there - the filter only shows the crops with whatever characters are in the box (i.e. "c" in the box displays all crops with a "c" in their name, "o" all crops with an "o", "co" all crops with "c" and "o").

docmm6
Sep 01 2012, 06:01 AM

My seed disappears also if I try to sort by stored amount. 1st page shows until you scroll and then it all diasappears. I have tried it in IE and Chrome with the same results.

al_bundy
Sep 01 2012, 06:12 AM
The Green Layer tool doesent allow layering of fences it indicates that it should allow layering of all but plants so i think this is a fault.

Raul can the tool please include fences?

Granny T
Sep 01 2012, 06:17 AM
My seeds disappeared when I hit the scroll. Help please!

1fritz
Sep 01 2012, 06:23 AM
Thanks to Raul and Devs. Really like the free style design option. The trains are great and the mayor helping more is wonderful. The other stuff is great also.

Fritz

youmaycallmemissb
Sep 01 2012, 06:26 AM
I have a question about this Designer tool - what makes it different from the way some of us use the paths now to overlap items? I was really excited about these tools, but I wasn't sure if I should jump and buy them now, if it's ONLY going to give me the same effect as what the paths and layering do now?

Anyone bought and used them yet?
thanks! :)

LoreneC
Sep 01 2012, 06:41 AM
I have a question about this Designer tool - what makes it different from the way some of us use the paths now to overlap items? I was really excited about these tools, but I wasn't sure if I should jump and buy them now, if it's ONLY going to give me the same effect as what the paths and layering do now?

I would like to know this too! Hopefully when someone buys and uses them we will get a report!

Thanks for the new items. Can't wait to see the people!

KnightRider
Sep 01 2012, 06:44 AM
When you go into your storage and use the filter, what is seeds and the realtors office doing in the storage?

Ktownkim
Sep 01 2012, 06:47 AM
First, thanks for the great update.

Just wanted to make you aware that when you sort the seeds, say A-Z, they are not staying sorted when you come back to them during the same farming sessions as before. Not a huge issue but it was nice not to have to resort everytime when planting.

Thanks again for the hard work you put into my favorite (and only) game!

Kim

rjohn726
Sep 01 2012, 06:47 AM
Thanks I most likely will like the 'new' tools for that layered 'look' as I quit layering awhile back, as I don't need the crops that were layered as I get enough normally, but I do like the look of the rivers, streems and other features that one could layer.

Thanks for this update, but I'll see later what I want to do after thinking about it a bit.

Don't feed the beggers
Sep 01 2012, 06:58 AM
my seeds are all gone...they were there a second ago, I pulled down the menu to get the next lot of now they are ALL gone....

1fritz
Sep 01 2012, 07:19 AM

I bought both, this morning, so my time playing with them is limited.. But the big advantage I've seen so far is not having to put down paths to over lap. This is much easier, and faster. Building hook together seamlessly, rivers go over lakes, decorative trees will go on hills. I think it will be worth the investment.

maggiel29
Sep 01 2012, 07:26 AM
When you go into your storage and use the filter, what is seeds and the realtors office doing in the storage?

Some naughty Gremlins have attacked the menus it seems!!

youmaycallmemissb
Sep 01 2012, 07:29 AM
I bought both, this morning, so my time playing with them is limited.. But the big advantage I've seen so far is not having to put down paths to over lap. This is much easier, and faster. Building hook together seamlessly, rivers go over lakes, decorative trees will go on hills. I think it will be worth the investment.

THANKS so much - I figured this much that we won't be needing paths to overlap - and definitely will save a lot of time doing paths, overlap/layer item, then delete paths.. ohhh this is exciting! My design time will be cut in half! :)

Franny2
Sep 01 2012, 07:30 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the updates!! I definitely need farm 16 now LOL!

Tuckertbnc
Sep 01 2012, 07:32 AM
Quote : I don't know if this has anything to do with the update, but when I sort my seeder by "Stored Amount" my seeds all disappear. I have to reload the game to get it back. My seeds seem to be fine as long as I don't sort them out of the default setting. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: The seeds show up on the initial load....but as soon as you scroll, they disappear. I just called my friend in Oregon and had her try it and she said hers is doing it too.[/QUOTE]

Happening to me too :eek: ... I checked to see when I first read this post ... and I always plant by stored amount .. Just to inform I know this will be fixed soon .... Thanks for all the enjoyment this game has given me since I started playing :)

JohnAlbertini
Sep 01 2012, 07:44 AM
Once again, TOTALLY disappointing/frustration. Coin facilities don't use any CROPS, no new LEVELS.

When will the advanced/experienced players be able to USE our XP?
I have 30 MILLION and the top level only uses 12 million so I have 18 Million USELESS XP until, that is, the devs decide to GRACE us, out of the goodness of their heart NOT, with significant new LEVELS.

All they do is add facilities & tools that cost FC but dribble out levels that would allow us to BUY them.

100 Levels per year (the current release rate) buys AT MOST 3 facilities and ZERO tools. In that time they will have added 24 FC facilities and untold tools. Not to mention expansions.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give us 50+ levels EVERY update or 250 levels immediately then 32 per update so we can buy AT LEAST 1 facility. We don't give a hoot about what they are named. Don't name them at all for all we care.

Maybe that would add to our enjoyment because it is getting more and more BORING all the time. Same old, same old!!!

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 40 Regular (non Farming) People in the Store (coming on Monday)

2. Faster to work neighbour facilities: If you have a train dispatched, the more diversified your train is (variety of its freight cars) the more the Mayor will help you when working neighbour facilities. The mayor will work 5% more facilities for each different freight car in your train, meaning, if you have at least 10 different freight cars dispatched the Mayor will do all the work for you.

3. Search Bar in the Store: The Store and Realtor windows now have a Search Box in the top right that allows you to quickly type part of the title of an item and it will show you all items from all categories that match that partial word. For example, typing 3 will show you all the 3x3 tools. Typing yellow will show you all items with the word Yellow in the title.

5. Toy Trouble Minigame: It's a Toy building minigame. As usual, you have 3 stages and you can go into Practice mode to play each of the stages and improve personal records or you have the option to play multiplayer with all your friends currently in the farm, in this case, the user who finish all the 3 stages first win.

The Goal of this minigame is to combine all same toy parts matching a particular color to build a complete toy and meet the Store demands.

7. Freestyle Farm Designer (FC): There are now 2 tools for the hard core designers which will allow you to get very creative in your farms easily.

Orange Freestyle Farm Designer: Allow Layering of Paths and Ponds. This tool upgrades your yellow hand Edit Tool and enables paths and water items to almost fully overlap other items.

Green Freestyle Farm Designer: Allow Layering of All but Plants. If you already own the Orange Freestyle Farm Designer you can buy this Green Freestyle Farm Designer to allow any item except plants (fields/crops/tress/flowers) to almost fully overlap other items.

You can use these tools while designing on others farms as well.

8. Bug Fixes and Improvements:

- A week ago we released a verison that should experience much less flash plugin crashes
- Situations like been unable to dispatch a train (even if the train was unloaded but not dispatched again) should now be pretty much fixed. If you get this again you most likely dispatched a train from another farm. We will provide soon more information about current dispatched trains.
- When hidding decorations, people will be hidden as well
- Sometimes there were some empty boxes in the belt manager window, this should now be fixed
- This bug "...Since I dispatched the train, that farm is highlighted when neighbors work my faciities" is now fixed
- When you are collaborating with another player designing a farm together, you should now experience less hangs and crashes. Also, you will be able to rotate trains and freight cars as well. In the next release the owner may allow you to rotate farmcash items as well.

9. Playground Gear Factory (Coins): Produces Playground Gear.

Teeter Totter
Slide
Swing
Dome Jungle Gym
Rope Jungle Gym
Train
Merry Go Round
Trampoline

10. French Restaurant (FC): Produces French Food.

Escargots
Croissant
Nicoise Salad
Tartiflette
Coq au Vin
Beef Burgundy
Lamb-Pork Baeckeoffe
Banana-Strawberry Bites

New or Updated related products on other facilities:

Snails in the Semi Trailer Truck
Canned tuna production increased by 50%

11. Playground (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

(All products from the Playground Gear Factory)

12. Day Care (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Chicken Noodle Puree
Apple Squash Oatmeal Puree
Macaroni Beef and Veggies Puree
Nasal Aspirator Set
Feeding Bowl Set
Rocker
Rocking Horse

New levels and Farm 16 in the next release.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Farmer_Susan
Sep 01 2012, 07:55 AM
AWESOME!!! I've noticed one glitch so far - when you're trying to plant, if you use the scrollbar, all the seeds disappear. You can use the little pointers at the top or bottom of the scrollbar and they'll star put, but touch the scrollbar and POOF!

Off to play. See y'all laters!

Dutch85
Sep 01 2012, 08:14 AM
Thank you for a totally awesome update! What a surprise!

JW2009
Sep 01 2012, 08:15 AM
ME TOO, when i go to seed and scroll down it disappears and i have a blank page, I have mine sorted out to be HOURLY. I also get xs error when i finally get the crops, what is up ??https://www.facebook.com/ajax/messaging/attachment.php?attach_id=336f1d3c23f5523f0af49bf9a 826ea34&ext=1346510526&hash=AQCIFDetMlf-Lz8m&mid=id.514341495258457

jeannejj2
My crops disappear whether I use the scroll bar or the arrows.

mumfy
Same problem here. Assumed that it was related to the introduction on the new search button. Hope that it can be resolved soon as it a bit of a nuisance.
BTW Love the train bonus that increases the work that the Mayor does.

Jean's Farm
Sep 01 2012, 08:18 AM

Same with me.....but I used the search box and all of a sudden it's ok. So it was either what I typed in or Raul is on top of it already!!!

Thank you for the upgrades.....awesome!!!!!! And I haven't had any problems this morning like I have since the last upgrade. WooHoo!!! :D :D :D

alicea
Sep 01 2012, 08:19 AM
Thank you for another update.
I do have a problem though and cannot find out how to get around it. I need to see all crops or items in the store and have a choice to search. When I plant I need to see the list and have the means to check my supply of each so I can decide which one I need to plant. I get a big blank screen and cannot get anything until I do a search. Need both, help.

Jean Hendrick
Sep 01 2012, 08:19 AM
This is terrific stuff! The relationship you developers have created with us players is remarkable. You listen to us, you respond, and the game gets better every release. I very much appreciate how much work is involved with every release, especially when the software you depend on, like Adobe Flash, does an update and you have to respond. Yes, some people complain; I probably have myself. However, you hang in there, and we need to give you credit for what you do, and learn a little patience. Something us players need to remember is that every time you increase the number of farms, and every time we players layer upon layer, it requires increased server capacity to handle the load, something that costs you real money, not FC. Thanks again!

Farmer_Susan
Sep 01 2012, 08:22 AM
Ok - so am I right that on the trains, they still have to all be hooked to one locomotive (i.e., all on the same farm)?

I LOVE the help working neighbor's facilities. I'm sitting here waiting for one of my neighbors to post their facs so I can try it out! LOL

crafty chris
Sep 01 2012, 08:26 AM
ty for another lovely update specially the search button :)

Gregh
Sep 01 2012, 08:37 AM
Place the cursor in the box that says "search" and press the spacebar. All the seeds will appear.

It's an issue with handling <Null> in the search parameters. Fix is simple.

carolann43
Sep 01 2012, 08:46 AM
My seeds disappear too, plus my sprinklers....hope they work on these annoying bugs along with bringing out stuff most of us don't care about. Who can afford FC???

kataltay
Sep 01 2012, 08:52 AM
Fantastic update!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe my favourite is the Freestyle Farm Designer tool!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Raul and all!!!!

gffarmer
Sep 01 2012, 08:53 AM
What a great thing to wake up too..a new update! Can't wait until I can work someone's facs. Am anxious to see the people all in all a great update! Many thanks!!

judi-starr
Sep 01 2012, 09:13 AM

I am also having this problem x

storm36
Sep 01 2012, 09:16 AM
You won't be able to connect anymore car, but the mayor should work the 5% for each car you have dispatched now.

i have a dispatched train and was able to buy/connect more cars but the newly purchased cars cant be dispatched until the previous ones have been unloaded

kataltay
Sep 01 2012, 09:18 AM
They're not being hidden forever, just to do other things on farm and then unhide them again

kataltay
Sep 01 2012, 09:21 AM
I am also having this problem x

Rob T
Account Not Linked

Hi everyone, the developers have been informed about the seeds vanishing from the seeds window

servocrow
Sep 01 2012, 09:22 AM
Happy September!! Nice way to start the month. Thanks Devs, for keeping this game enjoyable.

It's good to know that you not only listen to players' suggestions; you also diligently work on any glitches. Thanks to you and thanks to the Mods who do a great job of keeping this forum running smoothly.

storm36
Sep 01 2012, 09:39 AM
i have a 2 questions regarding the cattle car ..

1 - when the cattle car gets unloaded, will the animals be placed in storage, in their respective barns or our gift box? if they go to storage, being able to add them to their respective barns from storage would be great since most have trains located on 1 farm and animal barns located on other farms. this would make it easier than having them go to storage and having to remove them from storage, place them on the farm before we can load them into their barns.

2- will we be able to select which animals and how many of them to load up? i need hens and turkeys more then cows and goats so having an option to select /unselect which animals and picking how many of each get loaded up would be great.

MadamePondarosa
Sep 01 2012, 09:44 AM
GREAT update - thank you, but I have the same issue when seeding

I also have same problem, happends after the update, and have to reload. It sometimes happends the first time I open seeds, but mostly when I have seeded 1 type and going to choose a 2.nd seed type:(

Sandy Mae
Sep 01 2012, 09:50 AM
Thanks so much for the new goodies. I am very excited about the helping hands. I have 1 farm that is a beach farm and have had so much trouble with the coastal waters and the lakes and streams coming from the mountains!!!And more land to farm on is always a want for a lot of people!!! You guys are AWESOME!!!

MadamePondarosa
Sep 01 2012, 10:04 AM
In my storage (items) I now found "seeds" and "Realestate office" but they are empty and I cant figure out which function these have? I couldt buy anything in the real estate office to put there, so....is this a bug or whats on your mind? ;):D

sheila_c
Sep 01 2012, 10:15 AM
I have 2 paid-for trains, but I still have to work 50% of neighbor facilities, just like someone without trains would. My trains are dispatched.

When will the 2 paid-for trains help me click less when working neighbor facilities?

my train with the 2 FC cars are attached and dispatched. It still only works 50% of anyone else's facilities.

Daisy Mariposa
Sep 01 2012, 10:18 AM
I just lost some crops because I could not get the store to display the seeds. The search feature did not work at all. Hopefully this will be ironed out sooner than SOON. :) BTW, I liked the store the way it was.

artisanrox
Sep 01 2012, 10:26 AM
there are just not enough hours in the day to play this awesome freaking game!!! :( :( :(

barbaraelwart
Sep 01 2012, 10:32 AM
Regarding the seed issue. I know the devs have been informed, but until it is corrected there is a solution. I read this posted by a friend and thought I would pass it on. No matter which filter you have on , alphabetically, low storage etc, if you type an 'l' in the search box (lower case L) leave it there, no need to press return, and all the seeds will appear, in whichever order you have asked for, you can scroll through the whole list as usual with no problems. May work with other letters in the box, but I know this one works - and it displays everything - not just items with l in the name!!

Thanks for the update and all the hard work that the Devs put in, must be a real pain trying to keep all FT players happy!! :D

iceberg
Sep 01 2012, 10:40 AM
Since the new release has arrived, I cannot use my combine harvester/plower/seeder. When I try I am taken to a blank seed store what is wrong. Also I am pleased to receive the 2 new facilities so tks Raul.

KnightRider
Sep 01 2012, 10:49 AM
Since the new release has arrived, I cannot use my combine harvester/plower/seeder. When I try I am taken to a blank seed store what is wrong. Also I am pleased to receive the 2 new facilities so tks Raul.

Put a space in the search box and you can scroll.

Nighthawk12345
Sep 01 2012, 10:55 AM
I'm afraid that the train bug is not fixed, as I can not despatch my train now.

My train has always worked correctly, ever since I brought it, but now it say I have another train despatched.

tnbravesgirl
Sep 01 2012, 11:06 AM

Mine does the same thing !

barbara nixon
Sep 01 2012, 11:17 AM
i too am having my seeds dissappear when i try to scroll to find the ones i want..i have to completely go out to get em back only to have them do the same..i tried 2 diff browsers...thanks for the search feature...nice..good up date..love this game..

Bratuski
Sep 01 2012, 11:18 AM
Maybe the 6 day, 2,000 coin type would be nice....:)

Tiger
Sep 01 2012, 11:26 AM
i too am having my seeds dissappear when i try to scroll to find the ones i want..i have to completely go out to get em back only to have them do the same..i tried 2 diff browsers...thanks for the search feature...nice..good up date..love this game..

We have notified the developers of this issue and are waiting for a fix to be implemented.

What you can try........
Click inside the “Search box” and then press your “spacebar” the seeds will appear.
If you have filtered your seeds to “harvest time” or one of the other settings and the seeds suddenly revert to another filter, just reselect the filter you chose.

ImajeanB
Sep 01 2012, 11:31 AM
I purchased the orange tool designer but when I try to use it I get a message I need a tool designer on my farm to use it. What does this mean please?

Tiger
Sep 01 2012, 11:35 AM
I purchased the orange tool designer but when I try to use it I get a message I need a tool designer on my farm to use it. What does this mean please?

Hi there,

Have you placed the tool into your storage? If not try that please.

HubCityCarolinaBlue
Sep 01 2012, 11:36 AM

Same problem here as well.

What you can try........
Click inside the “Search box” and then press your “spacebar” the seeds will appear.
If you have filtered your seeds to “harvest time” or one of the other settings and the seeds suddenly revert to another filter, just reselect the filter you chose.

This worked for me for a temp. fix. Thxs.

Tiger
Sep 01 2012, 11:37 AM

It's a known issue. Please see this post for more information..............
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501542

KnightRider
Sep 01 2012, 11:50 AM
It looks like they might have fixed the vanishing seeds, mine no longer vanish when you click on a seeder tool and go to the store and scroll down.

Rob T
Sep 01 2012, 12:10 PM
It looks like they might have fixed the vanishing seeds, mine no longer vanish when you click on a seeder tool and go to the store and scroll down.

Hi,

Still happens here... when you select one of the sorting methods, then scroll.

Lee Ann
Sep 01 2012, 12:20 PM
Love this new update , and OMG Farm 16 , my brain is already thinking of how I want to design it ! , mods and devs you guys are THE BEST , Farm Town is by FAR the better of any game on FB !!!!

dixied
Sep 01 2012, 12:22 PM

I am having the same problem. I've asked farmer friends the same question and all have written in the positive.. Slashkey, we do have a problem. :confused:

Rob T
Sep 01 2012, 12:27 PM
I am having the same problem. I've asked farmer friends the same question and all have written in the positive.. Slashkey, we do have a problem. :confused:

Hi, The devs have been informed of this issue, hopefully it will be fixed soon,

KnightRider
Sep 01 2012, 12:29 PM
Hi,

Still happens here... when you select one of the sorting methods, then scroll.

I was wrong, when you select a new filter it will do it again until you put the space in the search, but you can't use the search in full screen, so you have to go out of full screen, put the space in the search box and then you can go back into full screen and it will be okay and you can then change filters also, until you reload the game.

MBon
Sep 01 2012, 12:46 PM
Awesome!! totally awesome

ImajeanB
Sep 01 2012, 01:01 PM
Hi there,

Have you placed the tool into your storage? If not try that please.

I don't find it anywhere. It is in my toolbox. Can I store from there?

Dutch85
Sep 01 2012, 01:07 PM
I have a question about the cattle car that is coming on Monday. It says in the release that this car will bring sheep, goats, etc. Will it bring the actual animal, and will we have to have an animal shed/stable to put it in, or is this car bringing the sheep wool, and milk, etc.?

krypto
Sep 01 2012, 01:09 PM
Canned tuna 50% increase :D Thank you! You do listen - sometimes it just takes a while.

I really like the freestyle farm designer. One trend I've noticed - will you please make sure each new item has a unique name? It gets confusing when there are 2 strawberry ice creams, or 2 chairs, or now - 2 swings. When these items are added to spreadsheets it would make things much clearer for them to have unique names. ;)

Rob T
Sep 01 2012, 01:10 PM
Hi everyone,

The devs have just released a fix for the seeding window, it should be working now. It' seems to be working for me :)

Tiger
Sep 01 2012, 01:16 PM

Where did you place the tool when you bought it? If it was on a farm, click on the tool and choose "add to storage".

If you placed it in storage, click the storage icon and then on "Items" then filer it to "Tools". That will show you which tools are in storage.

Did you get charged the 40 FC for the tool ? If not then the slae may not have gone ahead.

meacara
Sep 01 2012, 01:22 PM
I am really not pleased with the trains being required for the mayor to help you work others' facilities. This just means the people without the extra money to pay for the trains will essentially not try anymore. I know I won't. I hate being second to begin with, but to be there first and at the end become 8th or worse, where you get virtually NOTHING. That's TERRIBLE, and not good for the game. Just another show of greed. Especially considering the trains barely bring anything of use. We needed animal products, not animals that we can get through any gifting site. Yet they don't even give anything useful with it, as our # of allowed animals in each animal shed has not increased. AWFUL.

Grandma Suzy Q
Sep 01 2012, 01:25 PM
Same here, hard to find what I want to plant. I always plant by my stored amount, now I don't know what that is????

Tiger
Sep 01 2012, 01:27 PM
Same here, hard to find what I want to plant. I always plant by my stored amount, now I don't know what that is????

Hi there,
The devs have just released a fix, reload your game. It may just take a little time to roll out to everyone if it's not working straight away.

ImajeanB
Sep 01 2012, 01:28 PM
Where did you place the tool when you bought it? If it was on a farm, click on the tool and choose "add to storage".

If you placed it in storage, click the storage icon and then on "Items" then filer it to "Tools". That will show you which tools are in storage.

Did you get charged the 40 FC for the tool ? If not then the slae may not have gone ahead.

It did charge my FC but I haven't found it. Weird!

KnightRider
Sep 01 2012, 01:30 PM
I am really not pleased with the trains being required for the mayor to help you work others' facilities. This just means the people without the extra money to pay for the trains will essentially not try anymore. I know I won't. I hate being second to begin with, but to be there first and at the end become 8th or worse, where you get virtually NOTHING. That's TERRIBLE, and not good for the game. Just another show of greed. Especially considering the trains barely bring anything of use. We needed animal products, not animals that we can get through any gifting site. Yet they don't even give anything useful with it, as our # of allowed animals in each animal shed has not increased. AWFUL.

The trains are not required to work neighbors facilities, you can still work your neighbors facilities like you always have. The mayor will still work the 50% that he has previously worked, but the extra help that involves the number of boxcars is just a bonus for the ones that has purchased them. There is no greed here you are not forced in any way to purchase any boxcars. Gifting sites is not endorsed by Slashkey they are bringing items that people have asked for, if you don't want or like the boxcars, then you don't have to purchase them.

Petuniaflower
Sep 01 2012, 01:32 PM
I'm loving it, No complaints from me! :D Have been working my fingers to the bone, doing neighbors facilities.Do you know, :rolleyes:, i am a major subject, my family talks about. Mother, Granny and her farms. Don''t bother her, when she is farming !

Tiger
Sep 01 2012, 01:33 PM

Hi there,

Then what you'll need to do is contact FT support and explain what has happened. To contact the support staff, with the game loaded, scroll down past the facebook ads, on the right hand side, click on 'Report/Contact This App', select the first option in the window that opens and fill in a support ticket.

KnightRider
Sep 01 2012, 01:36 PM

By any chance did you hide everything on your farms when you looked for it, sometime items will hide behind trees or something else, this is just a thought before you contact support if you haven't hidden everything it might be worth a shot.

ImajeanB
Sep 01 2012, 01:59 PM

I recalculated my FC and I think the purchase did not go thru the first time. I bought it again and placed it in storage. Thanks for your time! I love all the new updates! The Devs are awesome!

Tiger
Sep 01 2012, 02:06 PM
I recalculated my FC and I think the purchase did not go thru the first time. I bought it again and placed it in storage. Thanks for your time! I love all the new updates! The Devs are awesome!

Great stuff, glad you got it sorted, well done. Thanks for coming back and letting us know :)

Angel7
Sep 01 2012, 02:21 PM

I could not have said it better myself - totally agree with everything.....

Farm Lady
Sep 01 2012, 02:40 PM
For anyone wondering the value of the design tools I can tell you they are - amazing! They instantly overlap water and buildings that used to take me a long time to do with the dirt paths. But way better. I can put buildings on top of each other and couldn't do that with the paths. This is great for those, ahem, ugly but necessary buildings we need but don't want to see. This is so cool! Thanks!

didda1
Sep 01 2012, 02:42 PM
I have this same issue and my search bar does not work either. Hope you can fix this soon as seeding takes a long time as it is now. Thanks

kasntx
Sep 01 2012, 02:42 PM
Love it, Love it, Love !!!!!! Thanks for listening to all of us and really responding! This is the only game I play anymore and I really LOVE it!
:)

KnightRider
Sep 01 2012, 02:54 PM

Except that not owning the trains will not stop anyone from working facilities as before.

trina531
Sep 01 2012, 02:56 PM
I am in love with the new little hands. The green on can do some amazing things for designing. I am including a photo of what I did with my building and 3 lakes. It will not stay this way but wanted you all to see what it can do. Also hills and planes can hang off arms now too!http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/205891_521156954568551_1163353737_n.jpg

Texas Belle
Sep 01 2012, 03:05 PM
This is a great release, thank you, thank you... I had already bought some money 'cause I knew something was coming, and its great.... can't wait for Monday... You guys rock all the way!! Can't spend time writing here, heading for the store....

lavanah
Sep 01 2012, 03:26 PM
Oh boy, I want to go see what you have added, thank you so much, more fun.

Petuniaflower
Sep 01 2012, 03:56 PM
I have a new neighbor, she Facebook messaged me asking if I had a combine, Yes I do. Then if i would like to do her farms. Well she is layered after layer, :eek: I started, didn't want hurt feelings, but connection bucked whirled, and said no dice. It kicked me off her farm big time. Proof to me, over layering is something the game computers do not like. I will have to think of a nice way to say no to her now. Love the game by the way :)

meacara
Sep 01 2012, 04:02 PM
You can still work someone's facilities as before. Except instead of staying first if you have a decently fast computer, you quickly fall to last. And if 5 people come through after you, it means you're 6th, where you get almost nothing. How do you not see the effect this has on the people who cannot pay for the trains that were virtually useless before, and now have a great effect on hurting the poor who play the game? WOW.

LoreneC
Sep 01 2012, 04:05 PM
For anyone wondering the value of the design tools I can tell you they are - amazing! They instantly overlap water and buildings that used to take me a long time to do with the dirt paths. But way better. I can put buildings on top of each other and couldn't do that with the paths. This is great for those, ahem, ugly but necessary buildings we need but don't want to see. This is so cool! Thanks!

Thanks for the review! I a definitely getting them!

Docperk
Sep 01 2012, 04:09 PM
First off I would like to say thanks for the update, looks like there is some cool stuff.
I am still having Flash Crashes and some real slow activity. Been working on the farm all since about 0900 this morning and have had at least 3 crashes where it it slowed down and froze up where I had to cold boot the set. I am using Firefox with the latest flash update and on WF36. Oh yeah this last time it froze and crashed I just reloaded the game I have a headless avatar. First time my avatar has been been beheaded. :(

anglnwhite
Sep 01 2012, 04:17 PM

I've chosen to NOT buy trains at this time, however, the "mayor" DOES still assist with facilities by completing 50% of the facility work on a farm with 4 facilities or more. The number of animals allowed in each shed was recently increased to 125 from 100 and some animal products are available by gifting.

ImajeanB
Sep 01 2012, 04:44 PM

The animals in the shed must have increased because I had 100 cows and just added 3 more to the shed from the farm. Before I had to overstock to put more in it. Just sayin'....

Rob T
Sep 01 2012, 04:49 PM
The animals in the shed must have increased because I had 100 cows and just added 3 more to the shed from the farm. Before I had to overstock to put more in it. Just sayin'....

Hi, they increased a couple of releases ago.. the new limit is now at 125

Marlise
Sep 01 2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks so much. The train cars are definitely worth the money, and I'm madly in love with the green glove.

dianedrayson
Sep 01 2012, 05:15 PM
Trying and trying to attach my last train car, at a 90 degree angle to the penultimate one, but it won't connect. The info says we can now build trains at any angle but it's not working. My train tracks are not long enough for all the carriages I have so I either have to redesign completely or work out how this is done. Has anyone else managed to connect a carriage around a 90 degree corner?
I think it would be easier to enable 2 freight locomotives to work on the one farm, so we could connect half the carriages to the other locomotive.
I also had trouble getting carriages 2 and 3 to connect to each other. In the end I shifted the diesel forward a fraction and everything else forward, and it worked. I wondered if it's anything to do with where the pieces of track join up. If they overlap slightly, does this cause a problem?

Tiger
Sep 01 2012, 05:25 PM
Trying and trying to attach my last train car, at a 90 degree angle to the penultimate one, but it won't connect. The info says we can now build trains at any angle but it's not working. My train tracks are not long enough for all the carriages I have so I either have to redesign completely or work out how this is done. Has anyone else managed to connect a carriage around a 90 degree corner?
I think it would be easier to enable 2 freight locomotives to work on the one farm, so we could connect half the carriages to the other locomotive.
I also had trouble getting carriages 2 and 3 to connect to each other. In the end I shifted the diesel forward a fraction and everything else forward, and it worked. I wondered if it's anything to do with where the pieces of track join up. If they overlap slightly, does this cause a problem?

Hi there,
Just tried on mine, don't follow the "curve" of tracks, or they won't link up correctly. You need to make an L shape with the cars themselves, one butted up to the next one, the side of one up against the back of the one infront, so they meet up, once you've done it you wont see the track underneath anyway.

dianedrayson
Sep 01 2012, 05:43 PM
Hi there,
Just tried on mine, don't follow the "curve" of tracks, or they won't link up correctly. You need to make an L shape with the cars themselves, one butted up to the next one, the side of one up against the back of the one infront, so they meet up, once you've done it you wont see the track underneath anyway.

Thank you SO much. I had the back of my last one butted up to the side of the previous one. (I had moved and moved it, but always attached that way rather than vice-versa.) Now I've done it your way and it works. Hmm, so it looks as though the best way to design this is actually to start on the L shape and then you can get them all on tracks. A little playing around will be required, continually attaching the locomotive in front of each successive attempt to make sure they're attached properly.

At least now I know it's doable. It's worth spending the time on it. Thanks again.

Tiger
Sep 01 2012, 05:45 PM
Thank you SO much. I had the back of my last one butted up to the side of the previous one. (I had moved and moved it, but always attached that way rather than vice-versa.) Now I've done it your way and it works. Hmm, so it looks as though the best way to design this is actually to start on the L shape and then you can get them all on tracks. A little playing around will be required, continually attaching the locomotive in front of each successive attempt to make sure they're attached properly.

At least now I know it's doable. It's worth spending the time on it. Thanks again.

You are welcome, glad we could help :)

anglnwhite
Sep 01 2012, 05:57 PM
Been playing with our new toys this morning ... can't wait for the new goodies on Monday! The green glove is spectacular; will save me an enormous amount of time and effort in lieu of using the dirt paths to design. Well worth the cash!
I've been planting with my 36x seeder without issue since the update, hope the seed problem will be resolved for all very soon.
The search window is wonderful and so very long overdue. I'm hoping that the same search window will appear in our storage soon.
The facility mayor upgrade from the prior update is a fabulous addition. Would LOVE to have the mayor appear and tell me " Oops! You've already worked the facilities on this farm today" on the front end when I accidently revisit farms I've already been to.
Also, for the future; please consider moving the mini game cube to a different location on the screen. I keep running into it as I move my mouse around and the intrusion becomes even more evident as you add more games.
THANK YOU MODS FOR YOUR CALM AND PROFESSIONALISM WHEN DEALING WITH FARM TOWN CRAZIES LIKE ME. THE DEVS AIN'T DOIN' SUCH A BAD JOB EITHER. :)

JW2009
Sep 01 2012, 06:44 PM
Hi, I am still having issues with SEEDING, i seed by time and it keeps resetting to by levels. so i tried the "space" in the search and i got x025 savings and it reloaded my farm. Thanks for addressing this issue :)

KnightRider
Sep 01 2012, 06:47 PM
You can still work someone's facilities as before. Except instead of staying first if you have a decently fast computer, you quickly fall to last. And if 5 people come through after you, it means you're 6th, where you get almost nothing. How do you not see the effect this has on the people who cannot pay for the trains that were virtually useless before, and now have a great effect on hurting the poor who play the game? WOW.

The only thing that the train does now is make is so that the person has less clicks to work the facilities (like people asked for), when you get to your neighbors farm and work their facilities has nothing to do with the trains, before the trains if you worked your neighbors facilities after others then you got less so you can't blame that on the trains, I like them, I am on disability and budget for entertainment expense and since I don't do anything else when I can put some in my entertainment budget I purchase some cash to better enjoy the game.

sandra.l.huffman
Sep 01 2012, 06:50 PM
I would like to know this too! Hopefully when someone buys and uses them we will get a report!

Thanks for the new items. Can't wait to see the people!

about the same but easier and faster just clicking and pointing... 8*)

ImajeanB
Sep 01 2012, 07:06 PM
Been playing with our new toys this morning ... can't wait for the new goodies on Monday! The green glove is spectacular; will save me an enormous amount of time and effort in lieu of using the dirt paths to design. Well worth the cash!
I've been planting with my 36x seeder without issue since the update, hope the seed problem will be resolved for all very soon.
The search window is wonderful and so very long overdue. I'm hoping that the same search window will appear in our storage soon.
The facility mayor upgrade from the prior update is a fabulous addition. Would LOVE to have the mayor appear and tell me " Oops! You've already worked the facilities on this farm today" on the front end when I accidently revisit farms I've already been to.
Also, for the future; please consider moving the mini game cube to a different location on the screen. I keep running into it as I move my mouse around and the intrusion becomes even more evident as you add more games.
THANK YOU MODS FOR YOUR CALM AND PROFESSIONALISM WHEN DEALING WITH FARM TOWN CRAZIES LIKE ME. THE DEVS AIN'T DOIN' SUCH A BAD JOB EITHER. :)

I hope I'm not out of line jumping in here but a tip on not revisiting the same farms to help. I click like and then go help therefore I know I already helped. Hope this helps you.

HelenL
Sep 01 2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks for all the new stuff. I just want to add my 2 cents worth about the Mayor helping on the farms. I have seen several people say how unfair it is that a person can get bumped to last when working facilities if others come in who have the train dispatched. I am in total agreement. I have a limited amount I can spend on the game and I prefer to use that money for facilities...not on something that I really don't need. And I don't need that train. I get all I need working my own facilities as well as others.....well I did till the Mayor took over. It won't make me quit the game, but it still disappoints me. This is pretty much the only thing that has disappointed me about the game. Love FT and the Devs are fantastic to take time to fix things for us and keep the game exciting.

ImajeanB
Sep 01 2012, 08:11 PM
Well Devs you can't please everyone but for me I love all the new updates and really do love the train on the facs! I can many more friends now without having to click so much. Keep up the good work you are doing a fantastic job of making life easier for us!

pennysworth
Sep 01 2012, 08:18 PM

1 - when the cattle car gets unloaded, will the animals be placed in storage, in their respective barns or our gift box? if they go to storage, being able to add them to their respective barns from storage would be great since most have trains located on 1 farm and animal barns located on other farms. this would make it easier than having them go to storage and having to remove them from storage, place them on the farm before we can load them into their barns.

2- will we be able to select which animals and how many of them to load up? i need hens and turkeys more then cows and goats so having an option to select /unselect which animals and picking how many of each get loaded up would be great.

Guess we will have to sell the ones we do not need, another way to make coin I guess.

jeanettemt
Sep 01 2012, 08:23 PM
Too bad more and more items require farm cash now. I've lost a lot of neighbors because they refuse to use real money to play this game. Oh well...

witten
Sep 01 2012, 08:26 PM
I love playing farm town but, my avatar is so slow it always tells me im busy or wait? cant help other farmers because is so slow.
Thank you
tammy:

Momma Woods
Sep 01 2012, 08:31 PM
Worked several neighbors and friends facilities and clients, then stopped getting the pop-up to work them on anyones farm. Know I had not worked them already. Hope this is the right place to post this. Otherwise wonderful update. Thanks a million Raul and team

pennysworth
Sep 01 2012, 08:32 PM
The trains are not required to work neighbors facilities, you can still work your neighbors facilities like you always have. The mayor will still work the 50% that he has previously worked, but the extra help that involves the number of boxcars is just a bonus for the ones that has purchased them. There is no greed here you are not forced in any way to purchase any boxcars. Gifting sites is not endorsed by Slashkey they are bringing items that people have asked for, if you don't want or like the boxcars, then you don't have to purchase them.

No we do not need to buy the trains to play, which is fine as I have bought some of the cars for what I needed extra of.

But not sure if I will buy the cattle car as I have enough of the animals except the goats and turkeys.

It would have been better to have them bring the milk and eggs and so on instead of the animals, as where are you going to put them all at.

The only thing the most will be good for is to sell them.

Docperk
Sep 01 2012, 08:34 PM

I agree on your second question, I would like the option to select what is needed on all of them. I would buy more trains if we could. I have bought 1 train and the only thing I need out of it is the canvas which I am not really getting enough out of it to make it worth buying the train. Most of what all the other trains carry I have so much of I don't need it. I could use two door box car to get the paper roll but I have 100's of thousands of the pigments why should I. Oh well...

Docperk
Sep 01 2012, 08:41 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the seeds do not stay sorted to Stored Amount?

onamission
Sep 01 2012, 08:48 PM
WF38, chrome

Just letting u know that my farms have shrunk! The normal play screen is only showing the middle part of the usual. I have discovered a way around it by going to full-screen and that is the only way that I can use menus, work neighs facs and service facs. In the normal screen the red cross to click off can't show cos of shrinkage. The far rhs of the extended tool menu is just barely showing. Hard to explain. It's been like it since I started playing 5 hrs ago.

Have re-booted pc and cleaned my flash player.

Looks like a glitchy thing since the new realease?

Anybody else encountering this? :confused:

edit note: I use chrome and just tested with safari. Glitch is there when using chrome but all is normal with safari.

Gregh
Sep 01 2012, 09:01 PM
@onamission,

1. Click on a patch of white on the page (outside the Farm town window)

2. Press Ctrl + 0 (ctrl-zero).

The problem is that you have accidentally zoomed your page. Doing the above procedure will reset it to the default zoom.

Petuniaflower
Sep 01 2012, 09:31 PM
I keep reading how wonderful the new (Hands) tools are. I hate to think I am missing out on something so great. Would someone explain so a daft person understands. What can I do with them,that I need to do. :rolleyes: Layer ponds rivers..I need a clear picture in my head. I am clearly out of my realm, LOL

maclean47
Sep 01 2012, 09:57 PM
How about a meat car ,I have 15 trucks and am out of meat everyday!!!!!!!!!!!

onamission
Sep 01 2012, 10:25 PM
@onamission,

1. Click on a patch of white on the page (outside the Farm town window)

2. Press Ctrl + 0 (ctrl-zero).

The problem is that you have accidentally zoomed your page. Doing the above procedure will reset it to the default zoom.

:o duh me! Thanks so much GregH, all fixed now! No glitch after all thank goodness :D

anglnwhite
Sep 01 2012, 10:26 PM
I hope I'm not out of line jumping in here but a tip on not revisiting the same farms to help. I click like and then go help therefore I know I already helped. Hope this helps you.

Thanks for your recommendation neighbor, trying to help is never "out of line". I know when I've been to a specific neighbor's farm and worked their facilities, but sometimes while I'm in the middle of working them I will accidentally go back to a farm that I have already been to. Especially if the page started me off in the middle of the farm grid, say farm 7 or 8 rather than farm 1 or 15. Then I have to click through all the facs before moving onto the next farm or reload the page over again and risk the same thing on other farms that I have already worked. (Age= poor memory):eek:

If the mayor would tell us at the beginning that we already worked the farms instead of asking if we wanted to work them, it would save some time.

Appreciate the help, though! :)

anglnwhite
Sep 01 2012, 10:43 PM
I keep reading how wonderful the new (Hands) tools are. I hate to think I am missing out on something so great. Would someone explain so a daft person understands. What can I do with them,that I need to do. :rolleyes: Layer ponds rivers..I need a clear picture in my head. I am clearly out of my realm, LOL

Petunia,

For the past 4 years, decorating farms and overlapping items has required an enormous amount of time and effort carefully placing dirt paths so that we could create 3D effects. There are other options like using tabs to move things around on a farm, but I'm not permitted to discuss that here :eek:

The point is, that the new hand tools now allow us to layer and overlap while decorating without using the unintentional glitch that occurred with the dirt or stone paths. If you would like to see the results of layering or overlapping items, please feel free to visit my farms. There are also plenty of farms that use this technique in the Social section of this forum.

The hand tools are going to be a lifesaver, especially when the new farms arrive! Happy Farming!

Docperk
Sep 01 2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks for your recommendation neighbor, trying to help is never "out of line". I know when I've been to a specific neighbor's farm and worked their facilities, but sometimes while I'm in the middle of working them I will accidentally go back to a farm that I have already been to. Especially if the page started me off in the middle of the farm grid, say farm 7 or 8 rather than farm 1 or 15. Then I have to click through all the facs before moving onto the next farm or reload the page over again and risk the same thing on other farms that I have already worked. (Age= poor memory):eek:

If the mayor would tell us at the beginning that we already worked the farms instead of asking if we wanted to work them, it would save some time.

Appreciate the help, though! :)

I agree, I have had the same problem.

earlgray
Sep 01 2012, 11:36 PM
I agree on your second question, I would like the option to select what is needed on all of them. I would buy more trains if we could. I have bought 1 train and the only thing I need out of it is the canvas which I am not really getting enough out of it to make it worth buying the train. Most of what all the other trains carry I have so much of I don't need it. I could use two door box car to get the paper roll but I have 100's of thousands of the pigments why should I. Oh well...

I haven't bought any of the trains, and this is why. I need canvas, paper rolls, and aluminum, but I don't need the other stuff. If I could buy one train car that would just bring me those three products, I would. If I could buy two train cars that brought me twice as much of those three products, I would. But I'm not going to spend money to buy three train cars that bring me lots of other stuff I don't need, especially if they still don't bring me enough of the stuff I do need.

Aussie Rae
Sep 02 2012, 12:07 AM
I love the latest update...the only thing that has disappointed me is that now I cannot see my people unless decorations are uncovered...can't we please have a separate option for them as I have placed the people on my quest farm and loved seeing them...I know someone will say to uncover decorations..but that is not the point...

Madam Hooch
Sep 02 2012, 01:13 AM
Is there a support thread for this release? I cannot seem to find it. I would like to report a problem.

Rob T
Sep 02 2012, 01:15 AM
Is there a support thread for this release? I cannot seem to find it. I would like to report a problem.

Hi, you can report problems with the release right here :)

maggiel29
Sep 02 2012, 01:23 AM
Post Release Updates - Sep 1st, 1:40PM EST

- The bug with seeds dissapearing when scrolling is now solved but we still discovered some minor bugs on that area

Post Release Updates - Sep 1st, 2:45PM EST

- Seeds filtering/sorting should be solved now

Sorry but the filtering sorting in the seeders is still causing me problems. I sorted to harvest time - fine - that worked and didnt go blank. But it doesnt stay there - when you go back again it reverts to the default - but only after a time lag. You can get the filter back by selecting it again but its a pain doing my quest farm with every crop growing on it in 2x5 strips! And because Im quicker clicking than the time lag several times I ended up with the wrong crop. Actually its quicker doing it the old way one by one from the Store as that doesnt have the problems.

al_bundy
Sep 02 2012, 01:32 AM
There is a Realtor and seeds listing in the filter in storage now???

Rob T
Sep 02 2012, 01:35 AM
There is a Realtor and seeds listing in the filter in storage now???

hmmmm... ODD lol, not sure what to make of that

Madam Hooch
Sep 02 2012, 02:00 AM
I am having a lot of timeout errors and problem saving data: XLINK errors ever since the release. Sometimes I haven't done anything and the game says there's as error. Is anyone else having these problems?

anniesgrannie
Sep 02 2012, 02:31 AM
As usual love the update! But I do have one issue with it. When I seed, I like to put the sort on alphabetical. But when I return, the seeds show momentarily as alpha and then revert to the default order. I really miss the seeds staying in the order I've selected. Any way we could put that feature back in?

anneandjuice
Sep 02 2012, 04:50 AM
The loading problem from yesterday seems to have gone away. So far today all my farms are loading just fine.

I just love the green hand!

HelenJS22
Sep 02 2012, 07:49 AM
Canned tuna 50% increase :D Thank you! You do listen - sometimes it just takes a while.

... Sometimes a VERY LONG while :p Have you noticed that the new French Restaurant also uses canned tuna?

Raul giveth, and Raul taketh away :p

Thanks for adding extra tuna with the restaurant :D

dianedrayson
Sep 02 2012, 08:15 AM
Hi there,

HELP, HELP! As I said last night, this worked. However, I have tried and tried to attach another car and it does not show up as linked. I've swapped cars around. I can get several different cars in the first of the L position, but I can't attach anything to it as the second car in the L. Tiger, could you please check out yours and see if there's anything simple you can recommend? Is it just me?

Tiger
Sep 02 2012, 08:23 AM
HELP, HELP! As I said last night, this worked. However, I have tried and tried to attach another car and it does not show up as linked. I've swapped cars around. I can get several different cars in the first of the L position, but I can't attach anything to it as the second car in the L. Tiger, could you please check out yours and see if there's anything simple you can recommend? Is it just me?

Hi there,

You are lucky i haven't dispatched them yet ;) Could you provide a link to your farm so i can see exactly what it is you are trying to do? Place the cars how you want them and i'll have a look.

Linking instructions, if you need them can be found........
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395854

ETA just tried haven't managed it either. At the moment it looks like you can't attach a car to the rear of a rotated one. Maybe someone else will find a way.

maggiel29
Sep 02 2012, 08:33 AM
... Sometimes a VERY LONG while :p Have you noticed that the new French Restaurant also uses canned tuna?

Raul giveth, and Raul taketh away :p

Thanks for adding extra tuna with the restaurant :D

Yes - I needed 1,800 canned Tuna before the update and with the increase in production the Food Preserve Fac made that but now the Devs have added the French Restaurant which makes me 120 cans short now :(

I suppose the difference will be compensated for in the Belt/Dan for the cans of Tuna though

Rainwatcher428
Sep 02 2012, 08:36 AM
I continue to love FT after several years of playing, and having gone thru a variety of Zynga games FT is the only one I play and continue to really enjoy. So many opportunities for creativity, wonderful additions and a game that does have additions for cash but also many many great things FREE.
BIG FAN here and grateful for the consistent improvements and additions over the years!

goofyshoes
Sep 02 2012, 09:13 AM
As usual love the update! But I do have one issue with it. When I seed, I like to put the sort on alphabetical. But when I return, the seeds show momentarily as alpha and then revert to the default order. I really miss the seeds staying in the order I've selected. Any way we could put that feature back in?

The same thing is happening to me, I have farms where I plant seeds for each
2 3 and 4 day crops , when sorting to the harvest time, it reverts back to default. :( Hoping this gets fixed..thanks!!!;)

dianedrayson
Sep 02 2012, 09:17 AM
Hi there,

You are lucky i haven't dispatched them yet ;) Could you provide a link to your farm so i can see exactly what it is you are trying to do? Place the cars how you want them and i'll have a look.

ETA just tried haven't managed it either. At the moment it looks like you can't attach a car to the rear of a rotated one. Maybe someone else will find a way.

Thanks Tiger. I'd just worked out the linking instructions and then discovered that you hadn't managed it either. lol Looks like I've discovered a new problem! Is it good to be a trailblazer? Oh well, it will be fixed eventually. If it's not fixed by the time we get the new cars, I can move the trains back to their old temporary spot.

KnightRider
Sep 02 2012, 09:23 AM
Hi there,

To get your trains to connect you can use a decorative car to connect your engine to your freight cars, I just tried it and it does highlight all of the freight cars, so I would say that it should work, cause the decorative cars have the correct rotated view to go around the corners. This should work until the dev's can get the freight cars to rotate more than 2 views.

dianedrayson
Sep 02 2012, 09:59 AM
To get your trains to connect you can use a decorative car to connect your engine to your freight cars, I just tried it and it does highlight all of the freight cars, so I would say that it should work, cause the decorative cars have the correct rotated view to go around the corners. This should work until the dev's can get the freight cars to rotate more than 2 views.

Thanks. Just tried this and it still doesn't work when you put your trains around a corner. The problem is that I can put one car at a right angle and it works, but when I join another train to the end of that, it won't highlight.

KnightRider
Sep 02 2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks. Just tried this and it still doesn't work when you put your trains around a corner. The problem is that I can put one car at a right angle and it works, but when I join another train to the end of that, it won't highlight.

I don't know it highlights on mine I have the decorative Green Passenger Wagon on the curve and the Freight Engine connected to the front of it and then I have all of my Freight Cars connected to the Green Passenger Wagon, when you connect the first Freight Car to the Green Passenger Wagon make sure that it is up right against it, the best way is to push it up against the other car until it turns red, then back it off 1 space at a time until it turns green and make sure that it is lined up sideways also.

Docperk
Sep 02 2012, 10:38 AM
I have seen several reports here about the sorting not staying set to what we put it. I reported setting it Stored Amount, someone else reported Harvest Time and another reported Alphabetically, all reporting that it returns to the default Sort view. What I haven't seen and please excuse me if I have just missed it, that the problem has been reported to the Devs. Are the Devs aware of this and working on it?
thank you

Tiger
Sep 02 2012, 10:41 AM
I have seen several reports here about the sorting not staying set to what we put it. I reported setting it Stored Amount, someone else reported Harvest Time and another reported Alphabetically, all reporting that it returns to the default Sort view. What I haven't seen and please excuse me if I have just missed it, that the problem has been reported to the Devs. Are the Devs aware of this and working on it?
thank you

Hi there,

Yes they are aware of it. The only thing you can do at the moment while we wait for a fix is to reselect the filter you chose and then they will revert back.

servocrow
Sep 02 2012, 11:22 AM
I....LOVE....the....design .....tools.

That is all. :)

Vigilsma
Sep 02 2012, 12:01 PM
Love them, I am going to look for some examples of these new tools and how they work. Will all these people ever be made to move around like the animals do?

Docperk
Sep 02 2012, 12:03 PM
Hi there,

Yes they are aware of it. The only thing you can do at the moment while we wait for a fix is to reselect the filter you chose and then they will revert back.

Okay, Thank you

roz1972
Sep 02 2012, 12:12 PM
all i am waiting for is the promise to follow through of being rewarded fc when we completed quests and then maybe those who cannot afford to buy some of these items can save up for them , so could someone let us know when this going to happen?

Petuniaflower
Sep 02 2012, 02:44 PM
Everything is working smoothly for me :D Thank You much. I must not be using the filter, because I am not running into any problems. Sort of like Having to be told to use the utility manager awhile back. :rolleyes: Right now I am stetting buildings closer together. And working facilities :D A PIECE OF CAKE NOW.

Grammy 11
Sep 02 2012, 04:15 PM
Just curious: why were snails put on semi and not on fish farm? Thanks for the update, happy farming!

Jean's Farm
Sep 02 2012, 04:21 PM
Just curious: why were snails put on semi and not on fish farm? Thanks for the update, happy farming!

They probably did it that way because snails aren't fish. They live in a shell and crawl on the ground. Ewwww.. LOL!!!!! :)

Grammy 11
Sep 02 2012, 04:36 PM
They probably did it that way because snails aren't fish. They live in a shell and crawl on the ground. Ewwww.. LOL!!!!! :)

When the word snail is used in its most general sense, it includes sea snails, land snails and freshwater snails. They are of the mollusk family, as are oysters, scallops. and mussels. Snails also live in fish tanks and keep the walls clean.

The fish farm really has but one fish - the sea water bait. So, I don't think it was created as a place to farm fish, which are found in the water formations in the game. Therefore, snails would fit in perfectly in the fish farming plant, since they are often used as bait.

Docperk
Sep 02 2012, 04:53 PM
When the word snail is used in its most general sense, it includes sea snails, land snails and freshwater snails. They are of the mollusk family, as are oysters, scallops. and mussels. Snails also live in fish tanks and keep the walls clean.

The fish farm really has but one fish - the sea water bait. So, I don't think it was created as a place to farm fish, which are found in the water formations in the game. Therefore, snails would fit in perfectly in the fish farming plant, since they are often used as bait.

I totally agree and had wondered the same thing.

Petuniaflower
Sep 02 2012, 05:20 PM
I knew a young man, his parents had citrus, and olives groves. He went out and collected snails, and then feed them a special diet for a certain amount of time, I am thinking cornmeal,but could be wrong. Then sold them to a market supply. So maybe they are in the Semi, because they have been processed for humans to eat. Sounds good to me. My Youngest Daughter and I samples Es cargo while at Pismo Beach. To me taste like Garlic and Butter.....:rolleyes:

cindier
Sep 02 2012, 05:50 PM
Great game and no you can't please everyone. This is still the only game on Facebook that you can still buy lots with your coins, for myself I really don't mind paying for things that I really want, I feel the tools are way to high when you upgrade that tool. Plus they do give you farm cash when you level up which they could increase to 2 instead of just one. I love the train but it takes to long to run its coarse... As for those that layer I have no problems with working their farms as long as its not more than 3 layers... anymore than that it takes just to long even with the tools.... Just sayin....

Grammy 11
Sep 02 2012, 06:19 PM
I knew a young man, his parents had citrus, and olives groves. He went out and collected snails, and then feed them a special diet for a certain amount of time, I am thinking cornmeal,but could be wrong. Then sold them to a market supply. So maybe they are in the Semi, because they have been processed for humans to eat. Sounds good to me. My Youngest Daughter and I samples Es cargo while at Pismo Beach. To me taste like Garlic and Butter.....:rolleyes:

To me they are killer bee delish, wherever they come from. They are fed cornmeal to clean out their insides, same as clams, etc., although I never found soaking quahogs in cornmeal made a bit of difference. They, too, are yummy and I miss them! ;)

storm36
Sep 02 2012, 08:13 PM
i am reading all the posts in regards to the train cars .. i am not understanding why so many feel they are a waste .. yes they cost FC as does all the really good stuff in most any game and while you cant pick and choose which items each car does or doesnt deliver, you, the player, have 3 options: 1 you can choose not to buy the cars which means not only is it going to take you longer to work all your neighbors facilities/services but you really have no room to complain about the mayor only working 50% of those facilities because it was your choice not to get the cars .. 2 get the cars and buy extra facilities that will use the excess products the cars bring ( from what i see all the products are used mainly in coin facilities) leaving you with only 1 -6 facilities per farm to actually work on neighbors farms since the mayor will work all the rest which in turn gives you more time to spend on your farm decorating or what have you or even more time to do other things outside of Farm Town... 3 get the cars and sell off the excess products the cars bring so you can use the coins for farm expansions instead of FC.

Texas Belle
Sep 02 2012, 10:13 PM

Have you tried hiding trees, flowers, buildings and seasonal, it could be hiding behind one of those things... try that first.

Texas Belle
Sep 02 2012, 10:18 PM

I have not bought them yet as I wanted to hear opinions ;-) but I guess they are worth it... now if we could have a walkway or bridge from one side of the track to the other, so people can cross the train tracks. I've tried the water bridge but the water overlaps the tracks, would the tool maybe keep the water down and the track up? If you try it let me know, lol

Texas Belle
Sep 02 2012, 10:24 PM
First off I would like to say thanks for the update, looks like there is some cool stuff.
I am still having Flash Crashes and some real slow activity. Been working on the farm all since about 0900 this morning and have had at least 3 crashes where it it slowed down and froze up where I had to cold boot the set. I am using Firefox with the latest flash update and on WF36. Oh yeah this last time it froze and crashed I just reloaded the game I have a headless avatar. First time my avatar has been been beheaded. :(

Well think about it this way, you won't have to listen to her saying "wait... I'm busy" or "you are going too fast", lol
Do the boy avatars say that too?

Texas Belle
Sep 02 2012, 10:40 PM
How about a meat car ,I have 15 trucks and am out of meat everyday!!!!!!!!!!!

You just have too many facilities then that need meat... I have 5 and have no problem keeping up with the demand.

Texas Belle
Sep 02 2012, 10:51 PM
Hi there,

Why not have two separate trains in different farms and dispatch one first and the the other when the time of the first one comes to end.. that way you don't have that long a line of cars behind just one locomotive. I have that, and it works out fine, have the cars that I need the most dispatched firsts and then the others a week later... works for me ;-)

Texas Belle
Sep 02 2012, 11:01 PM

Oh please don't use those delicious escargots as bait... I love escargots and if they come in the shell and you have to use those little tongs to bring them out is heaven and then some french bread and you are set for life...

Texas Belle
Sep 02 2012, 11:03 PM

The sauce they are cooked in and come with them is made with garlic and butter, that is the best...

Jokes
Sep 02 2012, 11:49 PM
you are doing excellant improvements MY REQUEST is a 100 % load facility button for FACTORIES I haTE THE PUNCHING 30% OVER AND OVER and then it[s too many and yoifferent facs
u have to punch to stop it we have too many factories to punch so ,many loads adn some can't afford a loader machine for all the factories.

al_bundy
Sep 03 2012, 12:48 AM
you are doing excellant improvements MY REQUEST is a 100 % load facility button for FACTORIES I haTE THE PUNCHING 30% OVER AND OVER and then it[s too many and yoifferent facs
u have to punch to stop it we have too many factories to punch so ,many loads adn some can't afford a loader machine for all the factories.

There is tools in the tools section of the store that enable Fill all for the facilities various tools work for certain facilities (-:

psycho_mommi
Sep 03 2012, 02:53 AM
hey, its monday.. bring on the TRAIN CARS AND PEOPLE!!!! pretty pleeeeezzzz????:D:D:D

maggiel29
Sep 03 2012, 03:08 AM
I just re-planted the whole of my Quest farm - all crops used. The seeder menu was stable for the 4 and 3 day crops at the end of the menu (I start at the bottom first). By the time I got to the 1 day crops it was reverting to default every other time and on the 4 hour ones every time. I dont know if its because it the top of the menu that looses its ""integrity" or the fact it is the number of times I accessed it. Whatever - it got so by the time I had gone back in, waiting for it to change to default, and changed it back again I had forgotten what the next crop was so had to do it all over again.

debzgiantfarm
Sep 03 2012, 03:22 AM
its monday but where are the new trains :(

FarmerWitch
Sep 03 2012, 04:04 AM
its monday but where are the new trains :(

I was wondering the same thing but Raul was not specific about which Monday ... perhaps we are being too eager .. the devs are probably ironing out the niggles from the 1 September release :D

maggiel29
Sep 03 2012, 05:03 AM
hey, its monday.. bring on the TRAIN CARS AND PEOPLE!!!! pretty pleeeeezzzz????:D:D:D

Yes - my train will return soon ready to be unloaded - and I want to get the new cars before I send it off again - one way to bring on the new goodies I suppose! But the seeder menu is still playing up - rather that was sorted first really.

Jean's Farm
Sep 03 2012, 06:03 AM

I stand corrected Grammy Snowbird. :o I should have googled before I posted. You are right. And now that you have said it I do remember having snails in my fish tanks when I had them. Thanks for correcting me.

Now I too wonder why they aren't in the fish farms. :D

Cazville
Sep 03 2012, 06:05 AM

What you can try........

This worked for me for a temp. fix. Thxs.

I note a few people have had problems with this and YES thank you to those who have made suggestions for a TEMPORARY fix - do appreciate it. Do hope the developers are going to fix it permanently - often wonder why they change things when they were working fine in the first place. With quests many like myself have several farms growing multiple crops and having to constantly fiddle with every setting to seed correctly is rather time consuming and somewhat frustrating - please get this fixed soon !

JW2009
Sep 03 2012, 08:02 AM
Me too, i am still having issues, i use the hourly crops and every few times i go to select a crop it goes back to By Levels, its very annoying having to reset it back to hourly - Thank youI note a few people have had problems with this and YES thank you to those who have made suggestions for a TEMPORARY fix - do appreciate it. Do hope the developers are going to fix it permanently - often wonder why they change things when they were working fine in the first place. With quests many like myself have several farms growing multiple crops and having to constantly fiddle with every setting to seed correctly is rather time consuming and somewhat frustrating - please get this fixed soon !

Ellen Betty Nelson
Sep 03 2012, 08:45 AM
I have an 'issue' today
After I collect my gifts and go to the farm to disperse them, I do not have as many as I 'collected'.
Like, I collect a 'page' of gifts, then I have only 45 gifts! And the last time I did there was only 5 gifts! Yes--5 gifts!

What is happening to my gifts?

I think I am going to love the new 'game' and thanks for all the new thingys

maggiel29
Sep 03 2012, 08:52 AM
I have an 'issue' today
After I collect my gifts and go to the farm to disperse them, I do not have as many as I 'collected'.
Like, I collect a 'page' of gifts, then I have only 45 gifts! And the last time I did there was only 5 gifts! Yes--5 gifts!

Hi Ellen - I know its an old cliche but have you tried emptying your cache and macromedia files?

KnightRider
Sep 03 2012, 08:54 AM
I have an 'issue' today

It could be phantom gifts, after you accept your gifts and empty your gift box, just reload the game and see if the gifts reappear, if not then they should be new gifts the next time you get gifts and if you still don't get all of them then there is a problem, but, if after you reload the game and the gifts are there again it might be you have phantom gifts, that is once you accept a gift the empty gift goes back into your waiting gifts, if that happens try clearing your cache, cookies, and history and then reload to see if the gifts have vanished.

meacara
Sep 03 2012, 09:04 AM
to the one who said that I have no right to complain because it's my choice to not buy the trains. Sorry I can complain because I don't have the money to buy them #1, and #2, if I did ever have the $ to buy them, I'd buy maybe 2 out of the 10 available. My choice shouldn't be not work almost anyone's facilities and expect to get anything, or to buy the trains that I don't otherwise need just do I can actually get something for working someone's facilities. I make UNDER 80% of the federal poverty level, don't have medicaid, have a lot of mental health expenses, and need a car to get anywhere, while living in an expensive car insurance area, so I don't have ANY money to use on the game; I actually get help from my family to make ends meet, and I don't go out to eat (I buy takeout 4 times a year, if that), I use coupons and such to save money, NEVER buy anything full price, etc. Whenever I do have excess, I try to buy some FB credits (or at least I did; haven't tried since FB changed it's policy), but that happens once a year if that. Twenty five dollars every year is not enough to try to come close to keeping up with everything #1, #2, I have 30 million xp, so I could stop playing for a year and still be top level, #3, I shouldn't need to buy something I otherwise would NEVER go near in order to get anything from working others' facilities.

Kitt - do you not understand the point? I don't complain if I come in 5th to begin with; I do that one farm and then close out the window and go to someone else's farms to work their facilities. If I am FIRST however, then I should stay that way if my computer is capable (and it is) regardless of whether I spend 40+ real dollars on these ludicrous, mostly worthless, trains. That is the point.

Ellen Betty Nelson
Sep 03 2012, 09:15 AM
Too bad more and more items require farm cash now. I've lost a lot of neighbors because they refuse to use real money to play this game. Oh well...

I love this game

But I was wondering how can we tell [from the 'send gifts' page] which of our neighbors no longer play the game? Would be nice to know so we don't waste time sending them gifts if they no longer are playing.
I know that 'we' are supposed to un-friend everyone when we 'quit', but lots of people don't. And then there are those people, who are just 'on vacation' for a few weeks or a bit longer, so we don't want to lose them.
So what to do?

maggiel29
Sep 03 2012, 09:51 AM
Love the green hand - but please please please can we put non-harvestable trees (like the small pine trees) on top of hills and things - and please can the train tracks go on top of paths.

Tiger
Sep 03 2012, 09:53 AM
I love this game

But I was wondering how can we tell [from the 'send gifts' page] which of our neighbors no longer play the game? Would be nice to know so we don't waste time sending them gifts if they no longer are playing.
I know that 'we' are supposed to un-friend everyone when we 'quit', but lots of people don't. And then there are those people, who are just 'on vacation' for a few weeks or a bit longer, so we don't want to lose them.
So what to do?

Hi there,

Really the best way to know is just to ask your friends. You could try visiting each farm and if you get to one which is only displaying ground cover, no crops trees etc then they have not played Ft in over a month and their farm has been archived.

For gifting, some members create a friends list with current FT players in it and then use it to gift to just those players. Once you've created one, all you do is select the gift to send then click on "Facebook Friends list" tab, choose the friends list from the drop down menu, the window will reload to show you those friends, click to select them and send the gifts.

If you use that method you will have to remember to add any new friends to the list when you add more neighbours or re add friends that start playing again.

Grammy 11
Sep 03 2012, 09:54 AM
Oh please don't use those delicious escargots as bait... I love escargots and if they come in the shell and you have to use those little tongs to bring them out is heaven and then some french bread and you are set for life...

I agree 100%. Didn't mean to upset you by abusing the delectable little critters!!! (And don't forget the glass of white wine!) Tonite's supper is mussels in a butter/garlic broth with a small baguette and that wine.

Grammy 11
Sep 03 2012, 09:56 AM
I stand corrected Grammy Snowbird. :o I should have googled before I posted. You are right. And now that you have said it I do remember having snails in my fish tanks when I had them. Thanks for correcting me.

Now I too wonder why they aren't in the fish farms. :D

I wish we could celebrate with a large platter of the little darlings between us!!!

Queen.of.Clutter
Sep 03 2012, 10:06 AM
Hi there,

I have to laugh about this .... I always try to read thru the thread before I post a question or problem, but I guess I am one of the minority !! The seeds disappearing must have been posted 100 times in this thread - HA HA HA HA !!! You are alot more patient than I would be, answering the same thing over and over and over ..... Maybe you could re-name the thread to "THE DEVELOPERS ARE AWARE OF: " lol !!!

earlgray
Sep 03 2012, 10:40 AM
I love this game

So what to do?

When you are sending gifts, one of the options is to use the Farmtown Farmer Lists, then select Farmers Helping Me from the drop down list. That will ensure that you only give gifts to those who are actively playing (though you might miss a few who play but don't send you gifts).

Angel7
Sep 03 2012, 10:40 AM
Well, I guess the best solution to the whole train issue is to have friends that are going to do things the same way you are. If you aren't going to do the trains (like me), start getting more neighbors who also are not going to use trains. I don't need any of the products that come from the trains and I can't justify spending a ridiculous amount of farm cash just to work neighbors farms in a few less clicks. And since I don't actually know any of my friends on facebook personally (I use facebook ONLY for farmtown), this won't be a problem for me. Over time, I will weed out the "rich" people and start playing with the "poor" people. This is just another way to have a economic class war.....another life lesson to be learned.

Berle
Sep 03 2012, 10:50 AM
Two issues, when I try to do a search in Forum, I get a message that the token is expired.
The other is that when I plant I always use "Harvest time". As of today, each time I sellect and plant a crop, it goes back to an original conformation and I have to reset to "harvest time".

Texas Belle
Sep 03 2012, 11:54 AM
I agree 100%. Didn't mean to upset you by abusing the delectable little critters!!! (And don't forget the glass of white wine!) Tonite's supper is mussels in a butter/garlic broth with a small baguette and that wine.

Now you are tempting me to go to the store and get some of those mussels (I like clams) and scallops and make then with the butter/garlic sauce but instead of parsley I like chives on mine... Oh and yes the wine and the baguette... just like it I were in New Orleans. :)

Texas Belle
Sep 03 2012, 11:56 AM
I wish we could celebrate with a large platter of the little darlings between us!!!

We can do it, Grammy is doing it tonight, I'm headed to the store to get mine, and you can do the same and then when we eat them tonight we can think of one another and compare tomorrow, :D

Docperk
Sep 03 2012, 12:32 PM
I have to laugh about this .... I always try to read thru the thread before I post a question or problem, but I guess I am one of the minority !! The seeds disappearing must have been posted 100 times in this thread - HA HA HA HA !!! You are alot more patient than I would be, answering the same thing over and over and over ..... Maybe you could re-name the thread to "THE DEVELOPERS ARE AWARE OF: " lol !!!

I am only replying to this because it appears that you are remarking on a message that was reply to me.

1. My message was not about seeds disappearing, it was about the sorting issue.
2. In the first part of my message I stated that I had read several other messages reporting similar issues just with selecting different sorting types. Although I had not seen a post from a mod stating it had been reported to the dev.
3. It's not nice to make fun of another's post.

Sal Fantasia
Sep 03 2012, 12:32 PM
The release states that the Cattle Car will bring Cows, Goats, Hes, Turkeys and Horses. My question is this: If our Animal sheds are filled to the maximum what will happen when the Cattle Car has completely finished dispatching?

Thank you

tomysgma
Sep 03 2012, 12:47 PM
The release states that the Cattle Car will bring Cows, Goats, Hes, Turkeys and Horses. My question is this: If our Animal sheds are filled to the maximum what will happen when the Cattle Car has completely finished dispatching?

Thank you

I have the same question. Anyone have any ideas?

Dutch85
Sep 03 2012, 12:50 PM

Thank you

This is a question I asked earlier and am still waiting for a reply. I don't know what good the cattle car will be once we have as many animals as our sheds will hold.

Dutch85
Sep 03 2012, 12:55 PM
Well, I guess the best solution to the whole train issue is to have friends that are going to do things the same way you are. If you aren't going to do the trains (like me), start getting more neighbors who also are not going to use trains. I don't need any of the products that come from the trains and I can't justify spending a ridiculous amount of farm cash just to work neighbors farms in a few less clicks. And since I don't actually know any of my friends on facebook personally (I use facebook ONLY for farmtown), this won't be a problem for me. Over time, I will weed out the "rich" people and start playing with the "poor" people. This is just another way to have a economic class war.....another life lesson to be learned.

Aren't you "shooting yourself in the foot" by deleting the "rich". Are you saying you don't want the people who have the trains to work your facilities? I can tell you that since this last update, having the trains has made me alot more willing to work everyones' facilities...even those who insist on having them on all 15 farms.

holla
Sep 03 2012, 01:03 PM

UM.........im not a genius or anything, but i think if u didnt need the animals and ur sheds are full, i would say...
dont buy the cattle car.??....simple you save 35 FC(prob 35)..jus sayin

Docperk
Sep 03 2012, 01:08 PM
I love this game

So what to do?

Hi there,

Really the best way to know is just to ask your friends. You could try visiting each farm and if you get to one which is only displaying ground cover, no crops trees etc then they have not played Ft in over a month and their farm has been archived.

For gifting, some members create a friends list with current FT players in it and then use it to gift to just those players. Once you've created one, all you do is select the gift to send then click on "Facebook Friends list" tab, choose the friends list from the drop down menu, the window will reload to show you those friends, click to select them and send the gifts.

If you use that method you will have to remember to add any new friends to the list when you add more neighbours or re add friends that start playing again.

I actually use the Farmtown Farmer List and the filter it with Farmers Helping me. That would not only insure that they are playing but also just be the ones that helping you.

Angel7
Sep 03 2012, 01:16 PM
Aren't you "shooting yourself in the foot" by deleting the "rich". Are you saying you don't want the people who have the trains to work your facilities? I can tell you that since this last update, having the trains has made me alot more willing to work everyones' facilities...even those who insist on having them on all 15 farms.

Here is another suggestion. Use facebook lists for those with trains and those without. Let those without trains work your farms for the first 30 minutes after posting and let those with trains come in after and clean up what's left. If you can get a group of players to do this, it would work. I'm just offering solutions to those people who can't afford the trains. That's all. :D

The class war remark was probably uncalled for and I apologize for that one - I meant it in a joking manner, but I guess it didn't come across that way. Forgive me.....

ImajeanB
Sep 03 2012, 01:36 PM
Here is another suggestion. Use facebook lists for those with trains and those without. Let those without trains work your farms for the first 30 minutes after posting and let those with trains come in after and clean up what's left. If you can get a group of players to do this, it would work. I'm just offering solutions to those people who can't afford the trains. That's all. :D

The class war remark was probably uncalled for and I apologize for that one - I meant it in a joking manner, but I guess it didn't come across that way. Forgive me.....

I might as well add my 2 cents for all it's worth....we don't INSIST on having facs on all 15...it is called designing and enjoying! Some take it all too serious and forget it is to relax and have fun with! Not for making our living!

anglnwhite
Sep 03 2012, 01:53 PM
- People and new Freight Cars should be available tomorrow evening not today- posted by Raul today ...

Darn, all dressed up and no place to go. Guess I'll have to get off my bum and actually do some housework. Ewww. :)

Grumpa
Sep 03 2012, 01:56 PM

We can always turn farm 16 into a ranch only farm with hundreds and hundreds running around the ranch. :D

Grammy 11
Sep 03 2012, 02:19 PM
We can do it, Grammy is doing it tonight, I'm headed to the store to get mine, and you can do the same and then when we eat them tonight we can think of one another and compare tomorrow, :D

What fun! It's a date. Bon apetite!!!