PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- September 27th, 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raul
Sep 27 2012, 12:16 AM
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Oct 13th, 19:40PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 21 Regular (non Farming) People in the Store.

2. 25 New Levels: More than 50 items all in coins.

3. Farm 16: Here are the prices in coins (FC prices remains the same):

12 x 12 Farm 16: 16000000
14 x 14 Upgrade: 13000000
16 x 16 Upgrade: 14000000
18 x 18 Upgrade: 15000000
20 x 20 Upgrade: 1900000000
22 x 22 Upgrade: 2000000000
24 x 24 Upgrade: 2100000000
26 x 26 Upgrade: 3000000000
28 x 28 Upgrade: 5000000000
30 x 30 Upgrade: 4000000000

4. Belts and Dans for Facility Products: The next 10 Facilities (in order of appearance in the Store) now have Belts and Dans enabled for each product. With each Belt or Dan you achieve you will increase your chances of getting a "free" Batch automatically for every Batch you start from that point on.

Free Batches means that a new Batch is sent to production without consuming any ingredients or coins. See December 30th Release Post for the benefit % table.

5. Prodution Increases: Super animals now produce 33% more product in the same time frame, ex: when you harvest a Holstein Cow you get 20 milk instead of 15.

6. Farm Selector Manager: There is a new Farm Selector icon in the extended tool bar that will allow you to reorder the farms in your farm selector. Here are the rules:

- You can reorder your farms any way you like, for example you can have your farm 10 appear first in your farm selector
- The new farm order will be the one appearing in the Multi Farm Hire window as well
- To generate a URL link to a specific farm in the farm selector that you can paste in your browser or share with your friends use the Copy Link button
- If anything goes wrong with this functionality you can always use the Reset button to go back to your farms original order

7. Realtor Office Content Change: Due to the above change, the realtor office will only allow you to buy upgrades for the current selected farm, so if you want to upgrade a specific farm, say, farm 10, you first need to navigate to that farm and then once there, open the realtor office.

8. Fishing Boat (Turbo): If you already own the Fishing Boat (5 x 5) you can buy this new Fishing Boat to catch all fish in a single water item with one click. For example, you will catch all fish in a Seacoast with one click, the same can be done with a Lake or a River piece.

9.Moving FarmCash items when designing with others in realtime: When you invite others to design a farm together you now have the option to allow the designer to move your farm cash items as well by checking a checkbox in the request message box.

10. Bug Fixes and Improvements:

- The "To Go:" line was sometimes missing in the Train Status tab
- When decorative "Farming People" are added to the Item Storage they go into the People category, not Farming category
- More control on who can work your facilities, the Mayor only helps when it's a friend working your facilities. Also, a security issue was allowing some users work the same friend facilities more than once immediately without waiting, this is now fixed
- Fixed corruption of the final User in the "User Actions Panel" at the bottom of the game

11. Funeral Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Funeral Supplies.

Pall
Pulpit
Urn
Crucifix
Candlestick
Prie Dieu
Casket
Standing Spray

12. Party Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Party Supplies.

Disposable Cutlery
Plate Set
Batman Costume
Hat
Candle Set
Horn Set
Glasses-Nose Mask
Pinata

New products on other facilities:

Party Invitations in the Printing and Packaging Factory
Table Top in the Sewing Mill

13. Funeral Home (Coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Photo Frame
Flower Bouquets
Coffee
All products from the Funeral Supplies Factory

14. Party Store (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Balloons
Party Invitation
Table Top
All products from the Party Supplies Factory

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - Sep 27th, 2:30AM EST

- Search functionality in the Store fixed
- Farm sizes added to farm name when you mouse over the farm selector so you can see at a glance all your farm sizes

Post Release Updates - Sep 27th, 4:50AM EST

- The fixes we launched 2 hours ago were causing loading issues for a lot of users so we reverted those changes back. Now the game should load fine but the bugs for the issues above are still present.

Post Release Updates - Sep 28th, 2:00PM EST

- Purple Boat should now always fish all fish in a water item, including river corners
- You can use now all boats again, including purple one, when hired only for fishing
- Farm sizes added to farm name when you mouse over the farm selector

Post Release Updates - Sep 28th, 5:50PM EST

- We re-enabled the clear_memcached link so you will be able to clean most of the volatile data from memory EXCEPT that information that will otherwise enable the following:

- Infinite lottery collection, infinite gifts sending and infinite facility working

Post Release Updates - Oct 3rd, 9:00PM EST

- 25 New Levels

- Halloween Items: No new items from last year, we will release a few new items in the next 2 weeks

- The Topiary category was merged into the Farm Decor category, some topiaries are now offered in coins instead of farmcash

- Fish count won't go negative anymore on water items

- There is a new preference named 'Skip Funeral Facilities' in the preference window that when checked will always skip the funeral facilities when you work for others, therefore you will never see any new products produced on them in your storage. We will do the same for quests in 1 or 2 days. We may also do the same thing for other facilities like alcohol related, etc.

- If you use the Farm Selector Manager to re-order your farms the facilities ARE NOW organized by the farm index in the Facility Manager

- Several Farm Selector Manager issues has been corrected, for example, sometimes when you changed your farms order that order was reflected on other people farms, also sometimes some of the farms were missing, all that should be fixed now

- When you buy a new farm in the Realtor Office, after you reload the game you will land on the new farm you just purchased so you are already on the correct farm to start buying the land upgrades. Also, when you buy a land upgrade you will land on the same farm after a refresh for the same reason

- This is a clarification as to wether you can work your friends facilities for second time. The rule that have been in place since we launched the facilities is this: You can work all your friends facilities again when 8 hours has passed after you last worked on any of your friends facilities. So for instance, if you want to work your friends facilities twice a day and you work them the first time at 10AM, you will be able to work them all again after 6PM that same day

Post Release Updates - Oct 8th, 1:40PM EST

- The 'Skip Funeral Facilities' preference had a bug that was causing ocasionally funeral products go to storage when checked, this should be fixed now. Also, when this preference is checked, funeral products are now also excluded from Quests.

Post Release Updates - Oct 13th, 19:40PM EST

- 10 New Halloween Items in the Store

Known Issues

None

KnightRider
Sep 27 2012, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the new farm and other items, off to see what is new. I see you have changed the Realtors Office to where it only shows upgrading the current farm and you don't see any of the other farms to upgrade, so how am I going to know by looking what all of my farms have been upgraded to.

Carrot Top CyndaLu
Sep 27 2012, 12:34 AM
What a nice surprise when I opened the tool box & saw the Farm Selection Manager! Developers are awesome!

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the new farm and other items, off to see what is new. I see you have changed the Realtors Office to where it only shows upgrading the current farm and you don't see any of the other farms to upgrade, so how am I going to know by looking what all of my farms have been upgraded to.

You snuck that in while I blinked!!! Love love love Farm 16 and the new turbo fishing boat. And we can have a funeral now and hold the wake after!!
How does the friends only working your facs once work? Can we still go back after 12 hours and work them again or does the friend have to post another request?

GoalieAunt
Sep 27 2012, 12:38 AM
I absolutely love being able to rearrange my farms. I like to have my quest farm be the most recent one, but I wasn't looking forward to moving my small groupings with all the useable trees and flowers, now I can just rearrange and renumber.

Aussie Rae
Sep 27 2012, 12:47 AM
thanks for the update!!! no I am off to buy more "people" just wish I could see them without having to uncover decorations...a bit of a pain, lol

chrisluvsanimals
Sep 27 2012, 12:48 AM
I sure HOPE the devs didn't mean to disable the Mem Cache cleaner since it FIXED so many other problems within the game!!! PLEASE bring it back!!!

Gregh
Sep 27 2012, 12:50 AM
How does the friends only working your facs once work? Can we still go back after 12 hours and work them again or does the friend have to post another request

I was wondering the same thing. It was kinda handy being able to post my facilities once and have 'em worked up to four times (twice a day) before that invite expired two days later.

chrisluvsanimals
Sep 27 2012, 12:53 AM
I was wondering the same thing. It was kinda handy being able to post my facilities once and have 'em worked up to four times (twice a day) before that invite expired two days later.

I'm pretty sure the "friends only working facs once" still will work the same way it used to. What they disabled was the Mem Cache Cleaner BUT it also fixed a lot of problems within the game so I hope they find a way to bring it back while keeping their "fix"

KnightRider
Sep 27 2012, 01:04 AM
The search engine in the store is not working anymore, when you click on the search box and enter any letter it immediately highlights Seeds and just shows the regular screen and as you type for example type in lily the screen doesn't change it still show the normal Seeds screen.

MAUROMEN
Sep 27 2012, 01:06 AM
Thanks Raul for the info, see the news...

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 01:10 AM
We will add the farm size to the farm name when you mouse over the farm selector so you can see at a glance all your farm sizes

Thanks Raul

paomac
Sep 27 2012, 01:17 AM
Awesome!! Thank you!

Toni0912
Sep 27 2012, 01:17 AM
The new upgrade is great, lot of new goodies to play with. Farm 16 is great - not sure if I like the farm selector yet - that could still change. The memcache link that has been fixed - oh dear what now when we have problems how we gonna clean it.I never used to rework my neighbours farms - we will see where that leads.
Farm 16 - how about this being the last farm - then give us a 4 X 4 grid - an let us link farms together and we can really have fun with the designing of our farms.
There is one thing that is troubling me though - when are the problems with the train not dispatching gonna be fixed - why do we get new stuff when the old Issues have not been fixed yet. Please try and fix all the bugs first.
Thanks Raul

chrisluvsanimals
Sep 27 2012, 01:21 AM
The new upgrade is great, lot of new goodies to play with. Farm 16 is great - not sure if I like the farm selector yet - that could still change. The memcache link that has been fixed - oh dear what now when we have problems how we gonna clean it.I never used to rework my neighbours farms - we will see where that leads.
Farm 16 - how about this being the last farm - then give us a 4 X 4 grid - an let us link farms together and we can really have fun with the designing of our farms.
There is one thing that is troubling me though - when are the problems with the train not dispatching gonna be fixed - why do we get new stuff when the old Issues have not been fixed yet. Please try and fix all the bugs first.
Thanks Raul

I agree....the new things are great (that Turbo Boat is awesome) I too hope they find a way to bring the memcache cleaner back....it fixed so many problems that other "fixes" didn't do anything on. If people would stop taking advantage of things like the Memcache cleaner they wouldn't have had to disable it

theoxman
Sep 27 2012, 01:26 AM
...and we had to take out Memcache because????????? WHATEVER.

Artisty1
Sep 27 2012, 01:28 AM
I don't understand why they disabled the memcache feature as I flash crash alot; however when I used the memcache feature it seemed to help me out when I was working another neighbors farms and not working the facilities. This seems to be an interference with how I play the game. Please allow the memcache to continue. Thank you!

Tony D
Sep 27 2012, 01:28 AM
You snuck that in while I blinked!!! Love love love Farm 16 and the new turbo fishing boat. And we can have a funeral now and hold the wake after!!
How does the friends only working your facs once work? Can we still go back after 12 hours and work them again or does the friend have to post another request?Hi, nothing has changed with the frequency friends can work facilities.

Bonnie Jo
Sep 27 2012, 01:38 AM
Anyone else having trouble loading FT after the new release? Mine gets stuck on the blue/white bar.

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 01:39 AM
Hi, nothing has changed with the frequency friends can work facilities.

Thanks Tony and Raul for updating the release notes. :)

Valdoe
Sep 27 2012, 01:41 AM
The last 10 mins have been trying to get onto my farms... I refreshed started my browser etc etc..

ALL I get now it just sitting there loading user.. then it disappears and just the bar showing it is loading but nothing else is happening...

Do we have problems??

blue nile
Sep 27 2012, 01:42 AM
Hi! Thanks for new release! wasn't expecting it so soon lol!! However my farm wont load either. It's stuck on blue and white bar. I am normally on server WF 2.

FarmerWitch
Sep 27 2012, 01:44 AM
Anyone else having trouble loading FT after the new release? Mine gets stuck on the blue/white bar.

Me too!! :confused:

I got in! I followed a request by a neighbour to work their Facilites

holla
Sep 27 2012, 01:45 AM
Hi! Thanks for new release! wasn't expecting it so soon lol!! However my farm wont load either. It's stuck on blue and white bar. I am normally on server WF 2.

Yep, mine wont load either been stuck on the white and blue bar for 5-8 minutes..think im on WF 34 or 37.:)

tricia g
Sep 27 2012, 01:49 AM
My farm will not load either stuck on blue/white bar too :( never had problems before

Tony D
Sep 27 2012, 01:52 AM
Hi, we have advised the Developers that the game isn't loading , hopefully it will be fixed soon.

FrankDieter
Sep 27 2012, 01:52 AM
Yep, mine wont load either been stuck on the white and blue bar for 5-8 minutes..think im on WF 34 or 37.:)

Same problems for me, except I cant even tell what server I'm on. Hope it gets sorted soon, got harvests to sort asap!

:(

Jwebb
Sep 27 2012, 01:53 AM
I can't get in either :(

MIRIAM DEL VALLE
Sep 27 2012, 01:53 AM
thanks Raul :) :D

thedarkprinceca
Sep 27 2012, 01:55 AM
Fishing Boat (Turbo): I tried it on my farms and find a lot of the time it didn't get all the fish at once in river pieces.Most notably cornors and river ends.

Tony D
Sep 27 2012, 01:56 AM
Fishing Boat (Turbo): I tried it on my farms and find a lot of the time it didn't get all the fish at once in river pieces.Most notably cornors and river ends.Hi, were the pieces overlapped ?

Aussie Rae
Sep 27 2012, 02:01 AM
the new purple fishing boat that I spent 50 farmcash on IS NOT WORKING..have sent an email to support....hope they fix it soon or refund my farmcash..lol

HelenJS22
Sep 27 2012, 02:04 AM

I'll add to this. Since the update my farms won't open either :eek: :eek: :( :mad:

ghostkitten
Sep 27 2012, 02:06 AM
W3 not loading either.....:rolleyes:

MIRIAM DEL VALLE
Sep 27 2012, 02:07 AM
The last 10 mins have been trying to get onto my farms... I refreshed started my browser etc etc..

ALL I get now it just sitting there loading user.. then it disappears and just the bar showing it is loading but nothing else is happening...

Do we have problems??

same is happening to many, waiting :confused::eek:

AlleyCat
Sep 27 2012, 02:14 AM
Thanks a lot forall the new stuff. I'm really looking forwart to see it. FT wont load for me. I have tryed it all. But I hope it will work soon :)

Leoniemd
Sep 27 2012, 02:16 AM
Yes I am having same problem, game won't load

MIRIAM DEL VALLE
Sep 27 2012, 02:17 AM
if you touch a publication of the game, you can enter either as visiting or working facilities, and then go home play

Valdoe
Sep 27 2012, 02:18 AM
I dont know if this helps... still cannot get in.... BUT
if you go to a friends request to work.. it lets you in on their farm.. then you can get to yours..

Please pass this on to the Devs.

al_bundy
Sep 27 2012, 02:20 AM
Thankyou for the upgrades (-:

except game wont load )-:

have done all clearing etc (-:

Tony D
Sep 27 2012, 02:20 AM
if you go to a friends request to work.. it lets you in on their farm.. then you can get to yours..

Please pass this on to the Devs.Hi , thanks we have.

Valdoe
Sep 27 2012, 02:23 AM
Hi , thanks we have.

ok as I said before can get on friends farms and go to your own but once there it stops.. will not allow you to go to any other farm...

Judy1953
Sep 27 2012, 02:23 AM
My farm is not loading either. :(

mbcashman
Sep 27 2012, 02:27 AM
Great new releases, if only I could get to my farm!!!!!

holla
Sep 27 2012, 02:27 AM

Please pass this on to the Devs.

Yes, True, BUT if u change farms is where u get the XL error, red/green tick, at least i did, tried it twice, It will land u on your default farm, BUT it will mess up if u try to change farms i believe:confused:

HelenJS22
Sep 27 2012, 02:28 AM
HEY GUYS - THIS TRICK WORKED FOR ME TO GET INTO MY FARM - THANKS AGAIN BETTY. :D :D :D

Originally Posted by Betty Jordon http://www.slashkey.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5293354#post5293354)
Try this click on the neighbors bar at the top of your farm, when it opens click to go help the person that pops up. I did it loaded the farm, worked the farm, clicked go home & my farm loaded.

KnightRider
Sep 27 2012, 02:29 AM
I don't know what servers everyone having problems is, but I am on server WF 8 and at the moment I don't seem to be having a problem with loading farms.

murgatrj
Sep 27 2012, 02:48 AM
I am one of those who cannot get into the game today. Annoyed as I have farms I need to harvest

oldsheila
Sep 27 2012, 02:49 AM
bad luck can't get on farms to see what is new, It won't ;load.. Mary

ghostkitten
Sep 27 2012, 02:50 AM
Mine wouldnt load so went thru posting on FB........Got in and bought everything.....But when you look at my posts on fb is says :Visit Actors Farm...Who the heck is Actor?............:confused::confused::confused:

KnightRider
Sep 27 2012, 02:58 AM
Don't know if it will help, but maybe you could try to click on a farm link from the forum and see if you could load their farm and if so then maybe try to click on go home and see if it will then load your farm.

wsmith101
Sep 27 2012, 02:59 AM
I can't find them in the flowers, to plant them. thank you!! Everything else looks great!!

KnightRider
Sep 27 2012, 03:00 AM
I can't find them in the flowers, to plant them. thank you!! Everything else looks great!!

Glads are on the gift page not the store.

anneandjuice
Sep 27 2012, 03:02 AM
I have just been to the market and sold my non-ingredients worth over $9 million coins and also cashed out my service facilities and didn't get the coins. Has anyone else had this problem? It's only since the release. Do I need to contact Slashkey direct?

Thanks
Anne :(

Bettasrock78
Sep 27 2012, 03:10 AM
I'm not able to log into farm town, it just shows the logo and a little white/blue bar...:(

Electrox
Sep 27 2012, 03:12 AM
TURBO BOAT does not work on hires if HIRED FOR FISHING ONLY.
it DOES WORK IF HIRED MULTI like Harvesting, Plowing, and fishing.

On Farm Icon Mouse over:
CAN WE HAVE A RAIN DROP IMAGE ADDED OR (W) ADDED IF WE CAN WATER THE FARM. THIS WILL LET US KNOW IF WE CAN WATER THE FARM OR HAVE WATERED IN THE LAST DAY, without going to the tool box, and look at the sprinkler mouse over to see the hours left till we can water.

Farmgirl_Su
Sep 27 2012, 03:16 AM
:rolleyes: All sounds great but i am one of those who's farm will not load..

Bettasrock78
Sep 27 2012, 03:19 AM
Mine is doing the same thing..ugh

cindier
Sep 27 2012, 03:27 AM
glads are in the gifts...

cindier
Sep 27 2012, 03:30 AM
Love all the new people and the turbo boat. thanks for the great update, best game ever!!!! Farm just wont load but got in when I went to work a friends farm...

kataltay
Sep 27 2012, 03:36 AM
Only 12x12 available for Farm16. Was told, when I returned to realtor after buying the 12x12 that I have all the upgrades.

Best Farmer
Sep 27 2012, 03:38 AM
I am not happy that you have added a Funeral Home and items etc, I get on Farm Town to forget about certain things especially certain sad deaths in my Family and now you add this depressing stuff, well I hate it quite frankly, you could add other Factory's and items, I know a lot of people will both agree and disagree, please re think why lots of us get on Farm Town. For the enjoyment and pleasure and to get away from everyday life, with all it's up and downs and worries.

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 03:38 AM
Only 12x12 available for Farm16. Was told, when I returned to realtor after buying the 12x12 that I have all the upgrades.

Are you on your Farm 16 when you go to the Realtor? You need to be on the farm you are trying to upgrade. If you hold your mouse on the farm diamond at the top it now tells you what size that farm is.

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 03:40 AM
I am not happy that you have added a Funeral Home and items etc, I get on Farm Town to forget about certain things especially certain sad deaths in my Family and now you add this depressing stuff, well I hate it quite frankly, you could add other Factory's and items, I know a lot of people will both agree and disagree, please re think why lots of us get on Farm Town. For the enjoyment and pleasure and to get away from everyday life, with all it's up and downs and worries.

I must say Im not keen on the Funeral home either - this may be one Fac I do without!

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 03:47 AM
Not trying to rub it in to those who cant load their farms but thought it might be useful to the Devs to know that server WF8 seems to be OK.
Anyone is welcome to use my link and then trying to navigate to their own farm if it helps

Caren Katsmom
Sep 27 2012, 03:51 AM
I was surprised to discover that producing the Standing Spray item in the new Funeral Supplies Factory requires four old, but newly-needed flowers (one of which is a gift item only). I have literally thousands of flowers on my farms, but very few flowers that we don't need for facility production. I think Raul should add this information to the official update.

I'm able to load my farms, though it did just take five tries before I got in again. Is it possible that the update itself, and your ongoing fixes, are the reason for problems with opening the game right now?

KnightRider
Sep 27 2012, 03:55 AM
I like the Funeral Home, it uses some of the flowers I already have and some coffee now can be used up. You could also say that don't like the Hospital Service Facility cause it remind people of sickness and disease. For the people that don't like the Funeral Home Service Facility and the Funeral Home Supply Factory just don't buy it.

Firinn12
Sep 27 2012, 03:55 AM
... advice given re go through a hire from a Neighbor's farm, then "Go Home" worked fine. TY for that! Reloading game from the Realtor had no probs. Just sayin. Glad I got in.

Tony D
Sep 27 2012, 03:59 AM
Hi, the loading problem should be fixed now.

kataltay
Sep 27 2012, 03:59 AM
Are you on your Farm 16 when you go to the Realtor? You need to be on the farm you are trying to upgrade. If you hold your mouse on the farm diamond at the top it now tells you what size that farm is.

:o I saw that after...Thanks Maggie....All upgraded now. :)

Pleased with this update so far. Kudos to the devs once again!!

Caren Katsmom
Sep 27 2012, 04:01 AM
I like the Funeral Home, it uses some of the flowers I already have and some coffee now can be used up. You could also say that don't like the Hospital Service Facility cause it remind people of sickness and disease. For the people that don't like the Funeral Home Service Facility and the Funeral Home Supply Factory just don't buy it.

I made jokes about the new Funeral facilities with my friends -- like, it feels creepy to make money from this facility, but it IS a business, right? Halloween is almost here, so it seems appropriate. ;) Also, LOL... though I'm also glad to use up my stored Brewed Coffee and Espresso -- had to joke about whether the dead people need the energy boost... :D

kataltay
Sep 27 2012, 04:03 AM
Hi, the loading problem should be fixed now.

Now *THAT* was fast!!!! Truly impressed!!!!:D

Firinn12
Sep 27 2012, 04:10 AM
I'm unable to type in any of the text boxes, either the chat box at the bottom or through the regular Message system. Tying works fine in other areas of FB and other programs, just FT.

KnightRider
Sep 27 2012, 04:10 AM
If the people having problems with loading farms uses Google Chrome, you might want to try to see if there is a new download, I just had Chrome download a new version. To check click on the wrench (which changes with the new download), then click on About Google Chrome.

KnightRider
Sep 27 2012, 04:13 AM
This is from the Release Notes:

I just checked after clearing my cache and history and reloading the game and the search function still doesn't work, it does like it did before, when you start typing it goes to the Seeds and stays there.

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 04:17 AM

I just checked after clearing my cache and history and reloading the game and the search function still doesn't work, it does like it did before, when you start typing it goes to the Seeds and stays there.

Ditto for me too - on WF8 if it helps, Goggle Chrome. No other problems - touch wood

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 04:21 AM
Has any one noticed - Raul seems to have been up all night!!! Just wanted to say a big thank-you for your hard work trying to keep us all happy.

peggyjrbg
Sep 27 2012, 04:27 AM
Having problems getting into my farm-was able to work neighbors farm and then go home! Hope problem is solved soon still slow going to it! Love all the updates! The clear memcache really helped, hope it returned! Thanks for all the new updates!!

JennaSweetness
Sep 27 2012, 04:47 AM
I only had the option to buy Farm 16 12x12. I didn't have time to read through all the posts, because I'm off to work, but just wanted to let the mods and devs know that the other farm sizes aren't available for me.

Other than that great update devs!

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 04:49 AM
I only had the option to buy Farm 16 12x12. I didn't have time to read through all the posts, because I'm off to work, but just wanted to let the mods and devs know that the other farm sizes aren't available for me.

Other than that great update devs!

When you buy Farm 16 it reloads and takes you back to your default farm. You then need to go to Farm 16 - you have to be on the farm you are upgrading to see all the options.

rjohn726
Sep 27 2012, 04:49 AM
Moving on here in the separation of the farms from each other it appears, and I see that as good for the future of the game.

Thanks for farm 16, the improved animals, I already sell their output so I guess selling more would also be a good thing

JennaSweetness
Sep 27 2012, 04:50 AM
When you buy Farm 16 it reloads and takes you back to your default farm. You then need to go to Farm 16 - you have to be on the farm you are upgrading to see all the options.

Thank you so much!! :)

HelenJS22
Sep 27 2012, 04:52 AM

I can sympathise with those who don't like it, but simpy don't buy it and you need not even remember that it's a part of the game.

Can anyone remember the initial uproar the first time alcholol was introduced. It was on for young and old in the forum, but it appears to be no long an issue.

HelenJS22
Sep 27 2012, 04:54 AM
Dear Raul,

OK, you have me - and my precious farm cash - sucked right in. The purple boat is absolutely awesome :D :D :D

...... but I still want my single click flower and tree harvesters :p

LOVE YA WORK :D

Tony D
Sep 27 2012, 04:58 AM

Ditto for me too - on WF8 if it helps, Goggle Chrome. No other problems - touch woodHi, this should be fixed some time within the next 24 hours,

iam1to
1 thing i dont like about this (and other) updates is when buying the land/farm upgrades - it has to "RELOAD" after each purchase - now with the "upgrade" to the current farm only thing - its even that much harder because you have to go to that farm each time before going to the realtor

InePine
I have all facilities and multiple of some, I dont have a problem with making guns or drinks, I dont have a problem with the hospital either, because most people go to the hospital and get better and go home. But Im not going to buy the funeral facilities, I just think its too depressing. And since they are both coin facilities I dont think the people making money off this game will care if i do or dont, but I just think there are so many other facilities you could have made that wouldnt give people bad vibes. And adding party facilities and funeral facilities in the same update just makes it seem even more tasteless. My two cents.

Anyway, thanks for the turbo-boat, that will be awesome!

Tony D
Sep 27 2012, 05:03 AM
Hi everyone, you are all more than welcome to post your opinions on the Funeral facilities , but please refrain from debating the issue with other users. Posts of this nature will be removed.

Thanks ,

rjohn726
Sep 27 2012, 05:04 AM
Thanks for the improvement in the fishing, and no, I'm not going to pay 50 FC for that boat. I actually like fishing, at least so far

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 05:07 AM
I can sympathise with those who don't like it, but simpy don't buy it and you need not even remember that it's a part of the game.

Can anyone remember the initial uproar the first time alcholol was introduced. It was on for young and old in the forum, but it appears to be no long an issue.

Oh Helen how can I not buy it you know I have to have everything - actually I too am glad for a use for some of the flowers and coffee. Sorry Tony just saw the post about debating the funeral home after I posted this.

I agree with your next post totally - the purple boat is the most wonderful thing since the combines.

rjohn726
Sep 27 2012, 05:09 AM
Actually the stabilization of harvesting has been improved all around, even tho I haven't harvested the trees and flowers I would think that this 'new' stabilition is there in those things also.

Thanks again for that improvement.

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 05:10 AM
1 thing i dont like about this (and other) updates is when buying the land/farm upgrades - it has to "RELOAD" after each purchase - now with the "upgrade" to the current farm only thing - its even that much harder because you have to go to that farm each time before going to the realtor

It helps if you intend to do multiple upgrades to the same farm to make that farm the default on a temp basis.

rjohn726
Sep 27 2012, 05:24 AM
I really do like the improvement in the what I would call the stabilization of playing this game. It is first class in my opinion for the first time since I started playing the game a few years ago. I like the art work very much and that is actually why I started and contuned to play the game basically.

However, for the first time this game is first rate at playing, please keep up the good work, and thank you, thank you, thank you. The seperation, also for me in my opinion will allow for the future expansion I so desire, I think, maybe, time will tell.

But thanks for everything, as for me playing the game is finally first rate,

Qivis
Sep 27 2012, 05:28 AM
A new issue has arrived. Clearing the Farm Town Cache is not working! Instead of clearing the FT cache, the link just takes one to his or her farm as if just clicking "play." I hope you fix this soon since many other Farm Town problems are normally repaired using that link.

Dutch85
Sep 27 2012, 05:33 AM
Thank you Devs! I love everything!

Orx
Sep 27 2012, 05:35 AM
Thanks Devs for the latest update especially the fishing boat.

mac16129
Sep 27 2012, 05:54 AM
Three cheers for the developers!!! Another fantastic update!!!! Thank you!!!!

CynthiaSue
Sep 27 2012, 05:58 AM
It would be nice if when they add a new facility that they tell which loader it takes to load it as well on the update page. I don't have all the loaders and tend to buy the facilities that use the loaders I own since loading if way to time consuming.

krypto
Sep 27 2012, 06:01 AM
I love this already! Thanks Raul and dev's! This is a great tool for me, and I am sure a LOT of other people!

HelenJS22
Sep 27 2012, 06:14 AM
My 'gone fishin' water themed farm LOVES the new little water related people :D :D :D

THANK YOU :)

HelenJS22
Sep 27 2012, 06:58 AM
I have two farms (two people's log ins) up side by side here, and the other one is showing the size of the farms in the diamond panel, but mine is still only showing the name of the farm with no size. Any ideas why?

I've had a thought that I did rearrange the farms in the new 'Farm Selector Manager' and maybe that has confused the poor thing :( I hope not because I like seeing what size they are.

Tony D
Sep 27 2012, 07:03 AM
I have two farms (two people's log ins) up side by side here, and the other one is showing the size of the farms in the diamond panel, but mine is still only showing the name of the farm with no size. Any ideas why?Hi, are they both on the same server ?

al_bundy
Sep 27 2012, 07:15 AM
Hi, are they both on the same server ?

Mine doesent show farm sizes eigther (even though i know there all 30x30)

HelenJS22
Sep 27 2012, 07:16 AM
Hi, are they both on the same server ?

No Tony, one's on WF 4 - the one that's not showing the size, and the one that is showing size in on WF 5.

I had rearranged the WF4 one, but reset it and it's made no difference.

NEW ADDITION TO THIS POST - The WF 5 farm had not been worked on since the update, so it was just worked on and now it also is not showing the size of the farms.

crafty chris
Sep 27 2012, 07:53 AM
thanks for another awesome update .... specially the boat and the fishermen ... any chance of getting some fisherwomen?? lol

FarmerWitch
Sep 27 2012, 08:13 AM
When will we be getting the Train Boost?

'Coming Soon' has been promised for quite a while now

marymarcel
Sep 27 2012, 08:19 AM
Thank you so much Raul for the update and the new farm!!!

pythonis
Sep 27 2012, 08:33 AM
amazing how every time you think youre finally going to get a machine upgrade that costs less one gets put out that costs twice as much as what you were expecting.

carolann43
Sep 27 2012, 08:37 AM
There are several of us who think the funeral facility and service facility are in VERY poor taste. People got bent out of shape with guns, well, older people play this game and this was not a smart idea.

PeepsPlace
Sep 27 2012, 08:37 AM
All of the updates are nice but I would have liked to have had some of the ongoing problems I have been having, fixed before more was added to the game.
What fun is it to try and play a game when your harvests do not even make it to your storage?
You would think with all the amazing things the devs has done with this game since I started 3 and a half yrs ago, they would be able to fix this. Especially since it has been a problem ppl has complained abt in this forum for over 2 years!
Guess it is going to take another mass exodus of ppl leaving the game for them to pay attention

bsiegel12
Sep 27 2012, 08:41 AM
nice surprise this morning; lots of new goodies to play with; but hope can finally get my game back to normal again. Dug lots deeper and thought i changed enough settings, and worked right last night; but again first thing over and over getting those connection errors. So back to the drawing board, and that i can get to enjoy the new things. But that is hard when the game been crashing for over a month now. Lets hope for best!

Petuniaflower
Sep 27 2012, 08:58 AM
are the upgrades for 16 available I don't see them in the realtor section bought farm 16 12 X 12

Rob T
Sep 27 2012, 09:00 AM
are the upgrades for 16 available I don't see them in the realtor section bought farm 16 12 X 12

Hi, because of the recent changes, Raul said in his release, you now have to be on the current farm you want to upgrade when you visit the realtors for the upgrades for that farm to appear. Best thing to do is set your farm 16 to default, then upgrade and reload each upgrade from that farm.

Petuniaflower
Sep 27 2012, 09:05 AM
Thank You :) off to enlarge

FCM
Sep 27 2012, 09:05 AM
The Turbo boat will only work on my farm and not on others.

Also, please bring back the ability to work facs more than once.

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 09:16 AM
The Turbo boat will only work on my farm and not on others.

Also, please bring back the ability to work facs more than once.

For some reason it only works if you are hired to do multiple jobs - if you are only hired for fishing it doesnt work. Just a thought do you have your turbo boat in storage or on a farm. It does need to be in storage to work on others farms anyway.

Farmer Faith 12
Sep 27 2012, 09:19 AM
The turbo boat does not show up in my tools when I am hired to fish only. Please fix this

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 09:20 AM
I am sorry Devs but I just do not like the funeral facilities - they are in very bad taste - if I dont buy them I will still get the products showing up in my store if I work others facilities, and if they pop up in a quest it will be 5 days or so before I can get rid of it! That problem could be solved if we had the ability to refuse or remove a quest we didnt want.

The flower arrangement could have been added to the Flower shop and the coffee used in one of the restaurants.

Would be interesting to have a poll on this - I am not "young", and a lot of my friends are OAP's, or have recently had bereavements. Please Slashkey get rid of them.

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 09:22 AM
No Tony, one's on WF 4 - the one that's not showing the size, and the one that is showing size in on WF 5.

I had rearranged the WF4 one, but reset it and it's made no difference.

NEW ADDITION TO THIS POST - The WF 5 farm had not been worked on since the update, so it was just worked on and now it also is not showing the size of the farms.

This function was removed because it was causing loading problems

Rauls post says

Post Release Updates - Sep 27th, 4:50AM EST

- The fixes we launched 2 hours ago were causing loading issues for a lot of users so we reverted those changes back. Now the game should load fine but the bugs for the issues above are still present.

Known Issues

- Search functionality in the Store broken
- Farm sizes will be added to farm name when you mouse over the farm selector so you can see at a glance all your farm sizes

The last 2 points will be fixed sometime later today.

FCM
Sep 27 2012, 09:27 AM
For some reason it only works if you are hired to do multiple jobs - if you are only hired for fishing it doesnt work. Just a thought do you have your turbo boat in storage or on a farm. It does need to be in storage to work on others farms anyway.

Thanks for the response. Sounds like a bug they need to fix. I do have it in storage.

LoreneC
Sep 27 2012, 09:40 AM
I love the new people! Thanks so much!:)

Nice release.

I know you are working on the bugs, thanks in advance for this!

riprock
Sep 27 2012, 09:43 AM
I bought the new turbo boat. Works fine on my farm, but now that I have it, I can't access my boat when hired for someone else's farm...Anyone else have this happen?

Dutch85
Sep 27 2012, 09:47 AM
I love the news facilities. I really don't see anything in poor taste...no more so than the nursing home. I'm not young...I could end up in either of these places, but they are just a normal part of every town. just my thoughts on the subject.

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 09:52 AM
I bought the new turbo boat. Works fine on my farm, but now that I have it, I can't access my boat when hired for someone else's farm...Anyone else have this happen?

If you are only hired to fish it doesnt work for some reason. It works for me when hired to do multiple jobs.

FarmerMcLashwood
Sep 27 2012, 09:57 AM
I am sorry Devs but I just do not like the funeral facilities - they are in very bad taste - if I dont buy them I will still get the products showing up in my store if I work others facilities, and if they pop up in a quest it will be 5 days or so before I can get rid of it! That problem could be solved if we had the ability to refuse or remove a quest we didnt want.

The flower arrangement could have been added to the Flower shop and the coffee used in one of the restaurants.

Would be interesting to have a poll on this - I am not "young", and a lot of my friends are OAP's, or have recently had bereavements. Please Slashkey get rid of them.

I'm not young, I am an OAP and have had bereavements.

The new funeral facilities do not offend me.... all part of life. Every town has a Funeral home.

JW2009
Sep 27 2012, 10:03 AM
Hi, i am disappointed that the mem was removed, my girlfriend sometimes cant do facs for some reasons but after using it it worked. And now i see that the SEARCH feature doesn't work. Oh Thank You very much for making us able to rearrange the farms, now my town is all lined up properly, and especially for making a nice purple boat :) Thank You & Happy Farming

midnyght222
Sep 27 2012, 10:12 AM
I have a problem with the new Turbo (purple) boat. When I get hired to fish it will not let me use the new boat, but even worst than that it only allows me to use the 1st boat not even my green boat! I have no problem using the new boat on my own farm just when others hire me. I have done some more jobs & it turns out when I'm hired just to fish is when I have the problem, but if I'm hire for mutipal jobs & fishing then I can access my new boat. Please have someone look into this.

CharlieMiller
Sep 27 2012, 10:17 AM
Tell who ever hire's you to Fish, to Multi-Hire for more than fishing (i.e. Fish + Chop or something) and it will let you use the Turbo Boat.
This will help until they fix the error. :)

JohnAlbertini
Sep 27 2012, 10:17 AM
How do we get Glads? They are not in the store.
Are they intended to be gifts only? That would not be good!!!

Sandy Mae
Sep 27 2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the up grades I really am happy now!!! Thanks again!!!!

lab lover
Sep 27 2012, 10:33 AM
How do we get Glads? They are not in the store.
Are they intended to be gifts only? That would not be good!!!

Yes they are gift only :(

midnyght222
Sep 27 2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the info!

diannevt
Sep 27 2012, 10:58 AM
Oh Farmtown I really love your releases however rearranging farms with my memory???
Figure out how farm rearranger works - check
rearrange farms - check
realize I havent a clue where todays harvestable crops are - check
Off to find dry erase memo board so I can keep track of where everything is....

Rob T
Sep 27 2012, 10:59 AM
Hi, the developers have been informed about the turbo boat

Bratuski
Sep 27 2012, 11:00 AM
TY very much for everything, but please add more long term seeds, any seeds.
We haven't had any in the last 2 or 3 updates. Thanks again :)

Jean's Farm
Sep 27 2012, 11:14 AM
Has any one noticed - Raul seems to have been up all night!!! Just wanted to say a big thank-you for your hard work trying to keep us all happy.

Thank you Raul.....hopefully you can get some sleep soon. Thank you Thank you, Thank you!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

sbrown44105
Sep 27 2012, 11:16 AM
I must apologize for complaining about the last release. I really really like the 1- click fishing offered this morning. That is AWESOME. It doesn't exactly make up high farm cash prices or the fact that I have yet to be rewarded for completing quests with any farmcash YET, but it comes closer to what i've been asking for recently. Farm 16! whoo hoo! :)

StoneFace
Sep 27 2012, 11:47 AM
yep... really do like the Purple Fishing Boat

yep... also like the new facilities

yep... also like the farm #16 - already at 30x30

but I would like to have the memcache link back.... even if I had to pay FC for it :eek::eek::eek:

JaneMarple9
Sep 27 2012, 11:51 AM
Looks good and looking forward to the new levels!

dianne1955
Sep 27 2012, 12:07 PM

yes me too, was hired to fish someones farm and it gave me the option of the turbo boat (i cant afford to buy yet) or the fishing rod not the boats ive already bought :confused:

Farmgirl1706
Sep 27 2012, 12:10 PM
Ok i cant work other people's facitlities........getting the error saving data x025 thing....anyone know whats going on?

Farmgirl1706
Sep 27 2012, 12:14 PM
I can go to my own farm but cant work anyone elses ........i get the error i stated above

Texas Belle
Sep 27 2012, 12:15 PM
Thank you guys for giving me the indians and the fishermen, love it... and LOVE the new farm and all the other stuff.... I know I am going to truly enjoy the turbo boat... wow one click and all those little fishes right on the net, that is awesome.
Like I said before you guys rock... thanks Raul,

debcorley
Sep 27 2012, 12:17 PM
i cant do any other facilities either and my own farm isnt loading properly and i cant buy all the expansions for farm 16 cos the realtors wont load !!!! grrrrr ...will love all the new stuff as soon as this is fixed tho :)

Texas Belle
Sep 27 2012, 12:20 PM
Well now I went to upgrade my new farm which I bought the 12x12 and go to the realtor's from that farm and it does not show anything, it just sits there... is there some bug on that?

snow_angel
Sep 27 2012, 12:21 PM
I went to go buy farm 16 but when I went to the realtor it's just a blank screen.

FarmerMcLashwood
Sep 27 2012, 12:23 PM
Everything was working fine until a few minutes ago.... can't get on my farm.... just a green screen...... can't use clear memcache cos admin have got rid of it.... what should i do?

Texas Belle
Sep 27 2012, 12:26 PM

Same thing happened to me but it was all the upgrades to the other farms which I don't have...and cannot upgrade farm 16 at all just the 12x12.

Farmgirl1706
the x025 error with working on other people's farms appears to be fixed at the moment and hoping it stays fixed.

Rob T
Hi all,

With the new expansions, you upgrade by going to the farm you want to upgrade, then go to the realtors office. this is not a glitch, Raul posted in the release that this will be the case with the changes that have been made with the new farm selector manager.

Best thing to do is make farm 16 your default farm, and upgrade from there

Texas Belle
Sep 27 2012, 12:41 PM
Hi all,

With the new expansions, you upgrade by going to the farm you want to upgrade, then go to the realtors office. this is not a glitch, Raul posted in the release that this will be the case with the changes that have been made with the new farm selector manager.

Best thing to do is make farm 16 your default farm, and upgrade from there

I did Rob, and its working now, thank you so much... now where to put that funeral home that it won't upset the old folks at the nursery and don't take from the happy people going to eat out... decisions, decisions... oh well will find a spot for it. It is really pretty though one of the best buildings I've seen, love it!!

Dutch85
Sep 27 2012, 12:49 PM
I posted my facilities and my friends/neighbors are telling me they can't work them because they won't load.

psycho_mommi
Sep 27 2012, 12:54 PM
I sure HOPE the devs didn't mean to disable the Mem Cache cleaner since it FIXED so many other problems within the game!!! PLEASE bring it back!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring it back!!!! every time my farm lagged up, i could run that, and then the problems would be fixed!!!

sandra.l.huffman
Sep 27 2012, 01:10 PM
i guess i was lucky with all of it this time.. no problems and I thank you for that... i think in the market of real farming the farmer gets his reward by the seeds he plants.. i would much prefer that to a Funeral home.. death is not game many of my neighbors have cancer..lung and liver disease.. some are dyeing and play this game for diversion and companionship... some have very sick children.. well they know i have this maybe not but i well have to be careful not to share any thing..we have solder coming home dead....there survivors are playing this game... wars and 911 for me i lost a child.. could we have something ells to buy please...

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 01:10 PM
Ok i cant work other people's facitlities........getting the error saving data x025 thing....anyone know whats going on?

Dont get the error message - just get on the farm and then nothing. Ive tried loading my own farm and going to the neighbours farm first. Tried 4 different people - no luck. Dont usually have this problem.

Using WF8 and Google Chrome, Windows 7

gamags37
Sep 27 2012, 01:20 PM
OMGOSH, I love the new stuff and the option of moving the farms around was genius ~!!! WOW THIS IS AWESOME~!!!
TYTYTYTYTYTY

debcorley
Sep 27 2012, 01:38 PM
yayyyeverything seems to be running perfectly now :)) a huge ty for all the new stuff :D

Petuniaflower
Sep 27 2012, 01:38 PM
had to stop and tell this :D I guess I am buying so much stuff I was just now asked for a security check Hate those words they have you type most the time I have to keep clicking until I get some I can read

Grammy 11
Sep 27 2012, 01:42 PM
Wonderful update. (Of course, there's a BUT.......)

Lots of people have Jewish stars on their coffins. If you must add funeral facilities, please don't release them on Yom Kippur and overlook that fact.

Would it be possible to add a "go to this farm" option on the farm manager?

Thank you and happy farming!!!

msa651
Sep 27 2012, 01:46 PM
Have 2 items to report on todays update
1. Standing Spray - can't find Glads anywere to create the Standing Spray, also not available as gift.

2. Bought the Trubo fishing boat, now when hired to work fishing only on someones farm I don't have Turbo or 5x5 boat available.

Grammy 11
Sep 27 2012, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=msa651;5294466]Have 2 items to report on todays update
1. Standing Spray - can't find Glads anywere to create the Standing Spray, also not available as gift.

Glads are on the gift page.

thedarkprinceca
Sep 27 2012, 01:48 PM
Some were but it also happened on ones that weren't.

Perico429
Sep 27 2012, 02:03 PM
Have 2 items to report on todays update

2. Bought the Trubo fishing boat, now when hired to work fishing only on someones farm I don't have Turbo or 5x5 boat available.

I seem to be having the same trouble with the Turbo fishing boat as well. :( :(

Rob T
Sep 27 2012, 02:05 PM
I seem to be having the same trouble with the Turbo fishing boat as well. :( :(

Hi, The developers have been informed about the Turbo fishing boat :)

SallyL
Sep 27 2012, 02:54 PM
Thank you for the new update. Especially the turbo boat. :-) This is the only game I spend real money on. For the hours of entertainment I get, it's worth it. Kudos.

Tiger
Sep 27 2012, 02:55 PM
Thank you for the new update. Especially the turbo boat. :-) I do have a question. It calls for glads in the funeral home and I can't find glads in the store. Thanks.

Glads are a gifted item on the gift page.

Chattin
Sep 27 2012, 02:57 PM
A new wrinkle on working facs... this morning I was able to click on a few and then the Mayor stepped in to do his share, but when I clicked that, I got the message that I had already worked those facilities today... which was not true. I decided to manually work the client facs while I was there, and in the process, misclicked on a regular fac... which opened up and had not been worked before. I backtracked through all the facs on that farm and the others I had already completed, and the ones the Mayor failed to work WERE ready and available. What a major problem if we have to go back to working each fac individually. Can this be looked into please and fixed?

Texas Star
Sep 27 2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks for another fun release ... and farm 16! Most of my friends could only work once a day... except once in a while one could work a second time, but not usually ... I am lucky to have time to work all my friends' facilities once! LOL

I have been wondering where I could post a request to have a check box to eliminate the popups wanting me to water or rake leaves for neighbors.. I am at the top level and have no need to work these either for coins, xp, nor fuel. They are annoying when I am trying to look at a farm to decide how I want to arrange it or when I am being hired they will pop up under my cursor just as I am accepting and carry me away to the wrong place...

Sandy Mae
Sep 27 2012, 03:27 PM
thanks for the up grades i really am happy now!!! Thanks again!!!!

i had to return and say that i love my new boat!!! Very happy camper her. Happy dancing across the eath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d:d

barbaraelwart
Sep 27 2012, 03:52 PM
THANK YOU to the Devs for another update. Love Farm 16, Love the Turbo Boat, but just have to say, as this thread is for feedback on the new release, I do not think that FT is the place for Funeral Supplies and Funeral Homes, I know it is a fact of life that we will all need them one day, but this is a game and people use it to get away from 'real life' a lot of the time. I will not be buying either of them - the only facilities that I will not have. Maybe the Devs did forsee this happening and that is why they are not FC!! Perhaps a couple more facilities in place of these would have been nice. Apart from that little moan, I love FT and appreciate all the hard work that the Devs put in to keep releasing all the new things. I am one that does not mind spending real money on the game as it is a small price to pay for the hours of pleasure I get. Thanks again Devs :-)

Baba 947
Sep 27 2012, 04:45 PM
When are the Glads going to be available in the store? When you click on the ? for the spray it shows they are available as a gift OR from your farm!!!

Jokes
Sep 27 2012, 04:50 PM
where is that friends work only , and up to four times a day ?

Tony D
Sep 27 2012, 04:53 PM
When are the Glads going to be available in the store? When you click on the ? for the spray it shows they are available as a gift OR from your farm!!!Hi, this simply means that once you receive them as a gift, you can them plant them and then harvest them from your farm

Docperk
Sep 27 2012, 04:53 PM
Well I woke up this morning and first discovered the new Farm Manager, very cool, so I figured we had gotten a new update, had just enough time to buy the new farm and expand it all the way. Now I am ready to play, got me the new gloves from last update and ready to try em out, bought me some new facilities and a few old ones I discovered I needed to complete a couple of quest I had going, looking forward to to getting the new boat and trying it out. Won't that take a lot pain out of fishing. Maybe there won't be so many people in the market with "NO FISHING" in their name tag. I had hoped for some new trains though, hopefully we'll get some more on the next release.
Ok well off to play
thanks DEVS!!!

Simera
Sep 27 2012, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the new update, and another farm! But will any-one please tell me this: IS there any NEW crops on this update?? Surely need new crops! Thanks in advance.

Regards
Simera

Rob T
Sep 27 2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the new update, and another farm! But will any-one please tell me this: IS there any NEW crops on this update?? Surely need new crops! Thanks in advance.

Regards
Simera

Hi, Sorry no new crops this update.

marwahr55
Sep 27 2012, 05:27 PM
First of all thank you very much for the wonderful up-dates to FT. But right now I am having problems with my facilities that house my animals showing that they are ready to harvest, but when clicked and collected they continue to show they are ready for collection. Yes I cleaned out everything, yes I backed out all the way and went back in ... but it's still showing up that they haven't been collected. I'm sure it's a little glitch, but could someone please check with the Devs to see if they are aware of this, or is it just me?

Again thanks for a wonderful game!

Tony D
Sep 27 2012, 05:29 PM
First of all thank you very much for the wonderful up-dates to FT. But right now I am having problems with my facilities that house my animals showing that they are ready to harvest, but when clicked and collected they continue to show they are ready for collection. Yes I cleaned out everything, yes I backed out all the way and went back in ... but it's still showing up that they haven't been collected. I'm sure it's a little glitch, but could someone please check with the Devs to see if they are aware of this, or is it just me?

Again thanks for a wonderful game!Hi, just to be sure , can you check that the date and time are correct on your computer please.

cindier
Sep 27 2012, 05:37 PM
Tried putting a swimmer in a swimming pool and she went to the bottom, is that suppose to happen, just letting you know in case its not working right...Would be fun if it looked like she was in the pool...

FarmerMcLashwood
Sep 27 2012, 05:57 PM
Tried putting a swimmer in a swimming pool and she went to the bottom, is that suppose to happen, just letting you know in case its not working right...Would be fun if it looked like she was in the pool...

Mine are in the pool :o)

Simera
Sep 27 2012, 05:58 PM
Thanks, Rob T. But NOW I'm not able to go into my farms , at all!! After i bought the 16th one, and planted there, it's impossible to get in, at all. Tried both Mozilla and the Google Ophra. What to do??

Regards
Simera

Tony D
Sep 27 2012, 05:59 PM
Thanks, Rob T. But NOW I'm not able to go into my farms , at all!! After i bought the 16th one, and planted there, it's impossible to get in, at all. Tried both Mozilla and the Google Ophra. What to do??

Regards
SimeraHi, I just loaded your farm without a problem , did you try clearing your cache ?

Pesto Farmer
Sep 27 2012, 06:03 PM
Swimmers look cool in the large and small coasts but u have to be careful where you place them in water decorations. I now have a small child in an inflatable saddling up to my pool bar - LOL:p

KnightRider
Sep 27 2012, 06:09 PM
Swimmers look cool in the large and small coasts but u have to be careful where you place them in water decorations. I now have a small child in an inflatable saddling up to my pool bar - LOL:p

I will have to send one of my police officers from my farm over to your farm if you have child in an inflatable at your pool bar and you are serving alcohol to minors. :D :D :D

I haven't had time yet to look at the new people in the store been busy getting my farm 15 organized and all of my storage items moved to farm 16.

JohnAlbertini
Sep 27 2012, 06:09 PM
Wonderful. NOT!

I have 32 million XP.

Every update you release TWO new FC facilities, not to mention new tools, etc. So every THREE updates we get 25 levels=25 FC to buy 186 FC worth of facilities?

PLEASE give us at least 30 levels/FC so we can at least buy ONE of the two plus facilities/tools you release.

Otherwise you are telling us long-time players that our XP are WORTHLESS.
Why do you insist on penalizing us? We have EARNED those FC you won't give us for YEARS at the current rate of 25 levels every three months.

Also, why must I buy the 6x6 harvest and 6x6 plow to buy the 6x6 combine?
I will NEVER use the 6x6 harvest nor 6x6 plow since the 5x5 combine is much more efficient. So you are telling me I need to WASTE 40 of those ever precious FC in order to then spend 35 MORE FC to buy the 6x6 combine?! Ridiculous!!! The only prerequisite for the 6x6 combine should be the 5x5 combine!!!!!

Simera
Sep 27 2012, 06:15 PM
Hi, I just loaded your farm without a problem , did you try clearing your cache ?

Thanks. But yes I did. And I still have the same issues. Thanks for trying to help me.

Regards
Simera

psycho_mommi
Sep 27 2012, 06:17 PM
Dont get the error message - just get on the farm and then nothing. Ive tried loading my own farm and going to the neighbours farm first. Tried 4 different people - no luck. Dont usually have this problem.

Using WF8 and Google Chrome, Windows 7

i am also having problems working friends facs. lots of my friends are having same problems. i have cleared my net history and flash files, PLEASE HELP!!!

KnightRider
Sep 27 2012, 06:17 PM
Thanks. But yes I did. And I still have the same issues. Thanks for trying to help me.

Regards
Simera

Just a thought have you tried to click on your own link and see if you can get to your farm that way.

nosnah@iprimus.com.au
Sep 27 2012, 06:23 PM
So sorry you have "fixed" the memcache! Please bring it back!

maggiel29
Sep 27 2012, 06:27 PM
A friend worked someone elses Facs and was really upset to find a coffin in her store when she went to sell the goodies! She thought it was a sick joke! She buried her son recently after he died in Afghanistan.
OK its a fact of life but not in a game.

Farmer_Susan
Sep 27 2012, 06:32 PM
Love the new people! How cool are they??? I now have Indians on the same farm with my cowboys. The cowboys are busy shooting it out at the O.K. Corral while the Indians are doing peacepipe thingies in their village in the mountains. Also bought the Turbo boat (difficult to find the sweet spot). Like the land management tool. And 'course I love having a new farm. When the diamonds get all evened up I'm always afraid we've seen our last farm. So glad it wasn't true. Eager to see what goodies we get with the new levels. Hoping for a few cactus to place around the cowboys. We could use some horses at hitching posts, tumbleweeds, etc. More old West stuff. Thanks for this awesome release!

Farmer_Susan
Sep 27 2012, 06:37 PM
You know . . . I had a bit of trouble with the funeral home, too. I'm also a bit too close to death issues. But I bought it anyway and put it on a farm where I put factories I'm not that crazy about for one reason or another. I had planned on putting the Funeral Supplies Factory on the "not crazy about it" farm, too, but that thing looks like a BARN! Which makes it totally cool. I'm hereby considering it a barn and putting it on a farm farm with my other barns and animals and stuff. : )

KnightRider
Sep 27 2012, 06:38 PM
I am one of the people that is dying, I am on constant Oxygen cause I have less than 22 % of my lungs functioning but it doesn't bother me to have those facilities, it is just like the one that wanted the gun removed cause they didn't think that should be in the game and what about the Cancer center in the decorations, I don't hear anyone complaining about it cause people have Cancer and they don't want to be reminded of it. If someone doesn't want the facilities then don't buy them, I got mine as soon as the new release came out early this morning. This is just my opinion. If they didn't put facilities that some people didn't like there would be very few facilities in the game.

goofyshoes
Sep 27 2012, 07:01 PM
My personal opinion, I'm not too keen on the funeral facility or supply either; but the one solution for me is not to buy it.

Thanks for the great upgrades!

kataltay
Sep 27 2012, 07:20 PM
Some people have sick people in hospital, long term. Some people were victims of corporal punishment in schools. Some were victims of abuse at the hands of church leaders. Seriously, we cannot possibly know, nor can developers know, what facilities or buildings, or decorations will trigger painful issues and memories for players. We can't drive through our home towns and not pass by funeral homes, hospitals, etc. (Well, I guess it is possible, but definitely not realistic or easy). I had a brother in law drown 2 summers ago, but on the majority of my farms I have water of some type. Farmtown is not a bubble inside which we can hide from "life". But in Farmtown, we all have choices that offline life doesn't offer us : We can simply not buy these things. Or we can buy them as a way of taking back some personal power.

kataltay
Sep 27 2012, 07:29 PM
Pertaining to the update , my Search feature does not work. I read that it had been fixed, but it isn't functional for me. :(

Simera
Sep 27 2012, 08:10 PM
What a dissapointment!! This is the first time ever, within these years I've played FT, I havent been able to make my farms seeded!! (Well, I finally gave up trying to) It's all a mess today, I tell you. Fighting with ground getting "green" instead of seeded all night, I now give up seeding the rest, Think I have 5 farms left to seed. Sorry to be negative. But now I start wondering if the hole thing is worth spending more *real* money on. Tomorrow my neighbours will be dissapointed, that there isn't crops on all of my 16 farms.:(

Regards
Simera

Taz D
Sep 27 2012, 08:14 PM
I just had the 10 minute time-out and after clicking that to reconnect, I went to go to my default farm or so I thought. What I found was my farms were all moved around even though I have not done anything with the new Farm Selector Manager. I had to go into it to Reset back to original order. I hope this is not going to continue being a problem.
Also please fix the Clear_Memcached so we can use it again. Fix the repeat working of facilities part and re-issue the rest of it. This is useful for clearing more than just the browser cache and helps to fix the neighbors zero level problem.

1fritz
Sep 27 2012, 08:23 PM
So sorry you have "fixed" the memcache! Please bring it back!

I've been playing this game a long time...I've seen the "memcache" mentioned several time in this thread. I have no idea what it is...hate to sound dumb...but I don't.

Fritz

StoneFace
Sep 27 2012, 08:28 PM
I've been playing this game a long time...I've seen the "memcache" mentioned several time in this thread. I have no idea what it is...hate to sound dumb...but I don't.

Fritz

the memcache is...was... a link. When you finished working a neighbor's facilities , you could click on the link.

A new tab would open and a bunch of information lines would appear. Then you could X out, and be back at that neighbor's farm, and work it all over again.

so, the memcache basically wiped out the information that you had already worked that farm.

Tuckertbnc
Sep 27 2012, 08:30 PM
I'm pretty sure the "friends only working facs once" still will work the same way it used to. What they disabled was the Mem Cache Cleaner BUT it also fixed a lot of problems within the game so I hope they find a way to bring it back while keeping their "fix"

:eek:
OK you lost me :confused: Just what was the Mem Cache Cleaner ?? We have a 'cleaner' just for this game ???? WHERE??

lol .. Thanks

1fritz
Sep 27 2012, 08:34 PM
Love the new release. The turbo boat is awesome, got it first. Like the new people. And FARM 16 how cool is that?? The new facilities are....well this is the first time I thought "really??" But every town has a funeral home. I bought the factory. And will eventually purchase the home. Just a different item than I expected on Farm Town. But this game is more realistic than others.

Sorry about the ramble, just typing out loud.

Thanks Raul and Devs for another great update. I know you have to put a lot of effort in to the game to continually introduce new items and features.

I do appreciate all your efforts. And hope Farm town continues far into the future.

Fritz

1fritz
Sep 27 2012, 08:38 PM
the memcache is...was... a link. When you finished working a neighbor's facilities , you could click on the link.

A new tab would open and a bunch of information lines would appear. Then you could X out, and be back at that neighbor's farm, and work it all over again.

so, the memcache basically wiped out the information that you had already worked that farm.

OK... Thank you for the info. Nothing I ever used so I lost nothing.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Mohena
Sep 27 2012, 08:50 PM
hola! gracias por las novedades Raul, estamos muy agradecidos de que nos mantengan al dia, es cierto lo que dice kitt1962, no esta funcionando la busqueda de los articulos, al escribir lo que deseamos ubicar, nos lleva a semillas........ por cierto kitt no se si ya lo resolviste, para mejorar o actualizar cada granja e ir a la inmobiliaria debemos estar en la granja que queremos ampliar........
en cuanto a eliminar el enlace para borrar la memoria cache, entiendo que habia que buscar la manera de que no trabajaramos las instalaciones inmediatamente y varias veces, eso cargaba mas los servidores, pero tambien comparto la opinion de chrisluvsanimals y de Gregh, ese enlace solucionaba otros problemas y errores pues dejaba limpio todo........ dios les bendice muak

Marjo
Sep 27 2012, 08:51 PM
OK... Thank you for the info. Nothing I ever used so I lost nothing.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

I am glad it is removed: I have heard quite some friends that deleted neighbours because they 'drained' their factories. Nothing left for others :(

Marjo
Sep 27 2012, 08:54 PM
Forgot to mention that I love the new update. Great work! :)

Taz D
Sep 27 2012, 08:55 PM

Apparently the devs thought some were abusing it,and removed it.

That was not the purpose of it. It's purpose was to clear data thoroughly so when you reloaded your farm it would have to load all new. This fixed the not being able to work neighbors facilities, and other problems that showed up from corrupted data.

StoneFace
Sep 27 2012, 09:11 PM
I am glad it is removed: I have heard quite some friends that deleted neighbours because they 'drained' their factories. Nothing left for others :(

yeah that is the solution... if the neighbors cause a problem, get rid of the neighbor.

but if the "tool", or in this case the memcache, is helpful and useful to some, let it be.

now... some farmers have the train with 10 cars. So they can "empty" facilities in a flash. Should the neighbors who have less or no trains cry foul because another gets what they can't get.??

Marjo
Sep 27 2012, 09:19 PM
yeah that is the solution... if the neighbors cause a problem, get rid of the neighbor.

but if the "tool", or in this case the memcache, is helpful and useful to some, let it be.

now... some farmers have the train with 10 cars. So they can "empty" facilities in a flash. Should the neighbors who have less or no trains cry foul because another gets what they can't get.??

Isn't that a bit like comparing apples with pears? The ones that have the trains did spent money to get these and still can work the factories just once every twelve hours (so not 'empty' them). The people using the memcache can have it for free and work the factories over and over again... The could really empty them, and sorry, but enough people did...

jeannieb
Sep 27 2012, 09:27 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring it back!!!! every time my farm lagged up, i could run that, and then the problems would be fixed!!!

What is this mem thing you all keep talking about?
?

Marjo
Sep 27 2012, 09:43 PM
What is this mem thing you all keep talking about?
?
I copied this from Stone Face, some posts earlier:

Marjo
Sep 27 2012, 09:50 PM
Not sure if it is allowed with external links, but this is the program I use, it is called Cleanmem. It doesn't work for helping more than one time, but speeds up your PC after going to different screens, closing and opening many tabs, and heavy cpu use because of flash:
I hope a moderator will correct me/this post if he or she doesn't think this is right ;)

Mod Edit.. Hi the link was removed , external links are not allowed sorry

kasntx
Sep 27 2012, 09:53 PM
I Love, Love, Love all the new updates-even though I'm calling my newest farm the "Poor Farm" LOL Love the peeps- keep them coming, love the new farm!--Love turbo boat. Love the Funeral Home--it's part of everyone's life. I have used my hometown one far more than I want to remember and will probably be using it personally soon enough--than it's of to the next "New Farm" LOL Thanks! KATHI

jkmyer
Sep 27 2012, 10:00 PM
Re: Funeral Parlor

I am one of those older people and it doesn't bother me, I have always known that death is a part of life. Thanks for the update. Granny

Ragis
Sep 27 2012, 10:04 PM
Regarding the memcache ... who was really being hurt by people using it over and over again? It fixed the corrupted data problems, which is what I used it for. Now we have no recourse if there is a data/loading problem because the developers won't troubleshoot their programs before they update the game. I've been playing this game since very close to the start and I have been rather upset about the last 3 updates. This game has been in Beta version for longer than any other game I've played as a Beta tester. All the other games I've Beta tested were Beta for 6 months to a year, no new stuff, all the bugs fixed before anything else happened. I'm starting to get the feeling that the 'developers' are most likely Computer Programming students using us all as a school project. I've put enough of my real money into this game that I feel I deserve to be listened to and my objections/issues addressed with a little more information than 'we felt people were abusing it' or 'we're working on it' ... or silence which is what I usually get when I ask a question here, at least till the thread gets hijacked. Zynga, SlashKey, FaceBook, FarmTown, whatever you are named ... it's time to put up or shut up ... fix the problems and quit playing nanny.

Taz D
Sep 27 2012, 10:28 PM
Regarding the memcache ... who was really being hurt by people using it over and over again? It fixed the corrupted data problems, which is what I used it for. Now we have no recourse if there is a data/loading problem because the developers won't troubleshoot their programs before they update the game. I've been playing this game since very close to the start and I have been rather upset about the last 3 updates. This game has been in Beta version for longer than any other game I've played as a Beta tester. All the other games I've Beta tested were Beta for 6 months to a year, no new stuff, all the bugs fixed before anything else happened. I'm starting to get the feeling that the 'developers' are most likely Computer Programming students using us all as a school project. I've put enough of my real money into this game that I feel I deserve to be listened to and my objections/issues addressed with a little more information than 'we felt people were abusing it' or 'we're working on it' ... or silence which is what I usually get when I ask a question here, at least till the thread gets hijacked. Zynga, SlashKey, FaceBook, FarmTown, whatever you are named ... it's time to put up or shut up ... fix the problems and quit playing nanny.
I understand that you are upset, however, every game on Facebook is listed as Beta. I have a feeling that is how they can say that all the games are "free" to play. Nothing makes you buy any items in any of the games.
I do agree with you about the memcache. I was doing ok until about an hour ago. Now all my neighbors show as zero level, experience and coins. That means I cannot work anyones facilities or even send any gifts, since I can't clear the memcache. Thanks Slashkey. You fixed a problem with being able to work neighbors multiple times, but didn't fix the original problem of neighbor data not transferring correctly.

suepatches
Sep 27 2012, 10:31 PM
I agree with Ragis- If they don't want people to work factories over and over again fix the link so factories do not rest. This link was a great help to me to clear up problems loading and other issues. I work factories for around 25 to 30 fellow farmers each day and have no desire to hit reset and do them over again. Please give us some way to fix these little problems on our own. I also have no desire to send more than one gift a day to people so if you remove that it is also fine with me. I find that internet explorer is worthless since downloading latest version of flash so am now forced to use chrome most of the time. Today I am not into farm town, because with each new update comes new issues we have to work around. Love the game but don't know for how long.

Tony D
Sep 27 2012, 11:01 PM
Hi Everyone , as mentioned before in this thread , you are more than welcome to provide feedback in this thread on the funeral parlour, however posts that comment on posts about this issue will be removed.

Thanks

barbara nixon
Sep 27 2012, 11:15 PM
thanks for the new early release..only dissappointed that we don't have a feed mill to feed animals yet..was sure it was in the works..nice to have more production of milk but still would like to feed them for the more production...keeping the reality of the game as real as we can..happy farming..

anglnwhite
Sep 27 2012, 11:17 PM
Thanks for another great update. Love farm 16 and the new peeps, please keep them coming!

No skin off my nose if the game is in BETA for ANOTHER 4 years. Appreciate the opportunity to participate in its development and the devs have typically been very responsive to problems. I've had only a few issues with FarmTown ... never had a need for this "memcache" program. Hope it all gets worked out soon for those of you who depend on it.

My initial reaction to the funeral home was "Really? That was ballsy." But the old saying, "Nothing is certain but death and taxes", however sad, is very true, so, why not? What's the difference between a make-believe funeral home and the much anticipated ghoulish celebration of Halloween?

Hoping everyone's Farming is Happy ...

KnightRider
Sep 27 2012, 11:23 PM
But the old saying, "Nothing is certain but death and taxes"

Only death is certain, there is a lot of people that don't pay taxes.

I am satisfied now with just 16 farms, at least til I can get my other 15 farms organized, still have a couple of farms I am working on. It looks like I will be able to use several of the new people that was added, was hoping they was working on some of the train tracks that we need for switching tracks, hopefully they will still work on those.

Mohena
Sep 27 2012, 11:29 PM
hola, como lo han comentado varios respondiendo a de que se trata el enlace para borrar la memora cache (memcache) se trata de un enlace, no soy muy entendida en esto pero un amigo me comento que es un script, solo se que se utiliza para borrar, para limpiar totalmente las acciones que se habian efectuado anteriormente, esa era la idea del enlace ya que al tener limpio nuestro juego era mas facil cargar y que se presentaran menos problemas o errores, lamentablemente fue usado para trabajar las fabricas varias veces y seguidamente, esto ocasiono problemas........ los cuales repito, entiendo que deben corregirse pero tambien nos quita la opcion de mantener mas depurado nuestro juego, mas veloz, por favor si pueden hayar la posibilidad de que el enlace no se pueda usar para otros fines que no sea limpiar y mantener mas ligero nuestro juego, se los agradecemos mucho, es decir perfeccionarlo o crearlo de nuevo solo para que limpie o borre las acciones que ponen pesado nuestro juego, gracias, dios les bendice muak

Witts End
Sep 27 2012, 11:51 PM
:mad: Imagine my surprise when I got to FT today to find that my farms are all out of order! I have NEVER used/viewed/looked at nor did I even know the Farm Selector Manager existed. I had to ask a friend what had happened to my farms. When I just went to the Farm Selector Manager to try and "fix" my farms back to the way they should be, it appears that they are in fact in the correct order (according to the FSM) so it does no good to try and "reset" my farms.

Please, please get rid of this "option" immediately. It has really screwed up my farms and I can't even fix them.:(

SunnyD
Sep 27 2012, 11:53 PM
That was not the purpose of it. It's purpose was to clear data thoroughly so when you reloaded your farm it would have to load all new. This fixed the not being able to work neighbors facilities, and other problems that showed up from corrupted data.

Taz... is this why i am constantly getting X025 errors?? cause they took this off??? i am soo going nuts.. i am going to have to walk away .. i have soo gone crazy from this .. it is soo not fun to play with FT any more... well right now any way...

beverduster
Sep 27 2012, 11:59 PM
got ripped off on he turbo boat, now i dont get the 2v bonus, what gives?

psycho_mommi
Sep 28 2012, 12:13 AM

i agree!! i am an admin for a very large FT group, and when all other "fixes" had been tried, 9 times out of 10 the memcache cleaner would resolve what ever random issue occurred. people will always find a way to get around the "rules" so to speak, but in our group, running the memcache for anything other than "cleaning" old FT data is reported to an admin, and the user risks getting banned from our group. we also have reported someone mis-using to slashkey. at times, i have needed a specific factory emptied so i could move to another farm, so it was WITH MY PERMISSION that it was used to work my fac over n over. please please please please bring this invaluable resource back! please do not punish those that use it responsibly for all that have mis-used it.

Taz D
Sep 28 2012, 12:35 AM
:mad: Imagine my surprise when I got to FT today to find that my farms are all out of order! I have NEVER used/viewed/looked at nor did I even know the Farm Selector Manager existed. I had to ask a friend what had happened to my farms. When I just went to the Farm Selector Manager to try and "fix" my farms back to the way they should be, it appears that they are in fact in the correct order (according to the FSM) so it does no good to try and "reset" my farms.

Please, please get rid of this "option" immediately. It has really screwed up my farms and I can't even fix them.:(
The reset sets your farms back to the original order. I had that happen one of the times I was in and out tonight and I have never rearranged mine either. All I di d was click the reset and they went back to the original order.

anneandjuice
Sep 28 2012, 12:40 AM
yep... really do like the Purple Fishing Boat

yep... also like the new facilities

yep... also like the farm #16 - already at 30x30

but I would like to have the memcache link back.... even if I had to pay FC for it :eek::eek::eek:

I'm a little confused, but what is the memcache link and where did it used to be found? I have never heard of it before today.:confused:

onamission
Sep 28 2012, 01:06 AM
WF38

Just letting u know that the connecting and loading issues are still happening to me. My preference is chrome and mostly it's ok and then the issues start again and then it comes good for a while.

Just been working at the market and had to leave a job cos it just wouldn't complete the loading half way through the farms. It was the yellow mainframe. I could have worked around the black rectangular loading indicator, but not at all sure if my work would have been saved or not.

I'll swap to safari, not delighted to do that as it's so slow, but I need to keep chilling for a while longer just harvesting away!

Love my farm 16, still in love with the green glove, got 8 trains now and have proposed to the Mayor lol, and have just installed one of those memory cleaners so everything is nearly completely hunky-dory!

Thanks devs, I know u'll get on top of the issues that have tilted FT slightly off it's axis.

In the meantime, safari here I come! :D

edit note: My farm selector is working fine and I love it!
No farm sizes showing up as yet.
Oh, and I reckon u should have made the superboat a trawler hehehe

FarmerWitch
Sep 28 2012, 02:08 AM

While I understand that it allowed one to re-work the neighbours farm - it was most useful for clearing any problems that we had and that is why I miss it and hope that it is brought back

cazzel
Sep 28 2012, 05:06 AM
I was thrilled to be able to buy the new turbo boat! However whenever I get hired to fish the only boat that comes up for me to use is the blue boat (the first one) so now fishing for anyone else is slower than ever for me. :confused: Is this something that is going to be fixed? I can use the Turbo boat in my own farms.

Farmer-JP
Sep 28 2012, 05:40 AM
Adding to the complaints of removal of memcache. I used it as a fix for issues. Having those issues now - unable to load other's farms to work services/facilities. Screen just sits at 'Loading User'. Maybe it eventually goes in...but I end up trying a couple of times.

Addendum - if I get in I time out. Please bring back memcache!!!!!

reginabcox
Sep 28 2012, 07:18 AM
Some people may like the funeral home but I certainly don't. Yes, it is a part of life but it DOES NOT entertain me and I don't think it should be a part of a program designed for entertainment.

marwahr55
Sep 28 2012, 07:23 AM
Noticed a few have made comments that the only things certain in life are death and taxes ... does this mean the Devs will be coming up in future upgrades with a Taxation and Revenue Office? Making little IRS agents and such? What about a FT Mint office that makes cash and coins? Then we could use it to fill-up the bank and pay our taxes at the Tax/Revenue Office?

Hey we have a hospital, daycare ... and now a funeral home, just say'n. :rolleyes:

reginabcox
Sep 28 2012, 07:45 AM
One more comment on the funeral home and I'm done with that. Hospitals extend life (usually) and funerals end it. I think that's morbid. However, that's my opinion and we all are entitled to our own. I choose not to have the funeral home to 'play' farm town.. Others have the right to do as they please and that's fine with me too.

Farmer Shelton
Sep 28 2012, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the fun update!! Looking forward to checking it out!!

wenchhhie
Sep 28 2012, 08:01 AM
I bought all of the new facilities yesterday and today they are gone. :(

I had put them all on farm 16. They are not on the farm, and they're not in the facility manager and they are not in storage.

wenchhhie
Sep 28 2012, 08:17 AM
Please disregard previous. I found them. :(

Tom C
Sep 28 2012, 11:10 AM
I do not like what they did with the realtor office.

cbeckner80
Sep 28 2012, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=Ragis;5295110]Regarding the memcache ... who was really being hurt by people using it over and over again? It fixed the corrupted data problems, which is what I used it for. Now we have no recourse if there is a data/loading problem because the developers won't troubleshoot their programs before they update the game.

It's sort of like third grade (and life). If one person takes advantage of something and finds a loophole, then everyone gets punished.

Vicky Vine
Sep 28 2012, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=Ragis;5295110]Regarding the memcache ... who was really being hurt by people using it over and over again? It fixed the corrupted data problems, which is what I used it for. Now we have no recourse if there is a data/loading problem because the developers won't troubleshoot their programs before they update the game.

It's sort of like third grade (and life). If one person takes advantage of something and finds a loophole, then everyone gets punished.

I agree :) But at the same time great update with the turbo boat (when it is fixed) it will make it so much easier fishing ;)

gffarmer
Sep 28 2012, 11:35 AM
Not nice sneaking in the update while I was gone! :) Great update as usual! I sure do love the boat! Also farm 16 and the new people! Many thanks!!

nancy310
Sep 28 2012, 11:42 AM
I can not work my neighbors farms, last time I worked them was Wednesday morning, over 48 hours ago. I would use the memcache to fix that issue, as I only work each neighbor who posts once a day. Please bring that back as now I am not getting any goods for 2 days now. Yeah, the upgrades are nice but next time please leave well enough alone. If someone abuses, then it should be locked on a case by case system, not all use farmers who use it to fix our bugs. Thank you.

Ragis
Sep 28 2012, 11:58 AM

Granted, however, this is not the third grade, this is a game. 90% of my friends who play Farm Town are adults (99% of those are over 30) who do not need a nanny to go behind them and clean up their messes, they know how to do it themselves. This is what the memcache was for, to clean up the messes that the developers didn't care to address because it was a matter of actually reading through thousands of lines of code to find a single misplaced letter/command.

To the person who said something about it staying Beta so it could stay free: If Facebook is public they should be paying the game creators to keep their games on Facebook's servers since this is what keeps people playing and staying with Facebook. I have beta tested dozens of games since I was in college (more years ago than I care to think about) and the ones that came out of beta testing and remained a free game site. I keep checking back with the ones I really enjoyed and they are still free and still have 10,000 to 80,000 active players (active meaning 1 login for 1-3 hours each day).

These are my opinions, agree or don't agree.

Molly Mew
Sep 28 2012, 12:18 PM
Hi everyone!

The memcache link was causing problems within the game due to misuse and overuse. We are currently looking at various options and would ask for your patience in the meantime.

We will shortly be opening a new troubleshooting thread on this subject.. so for the time being any further posts about the memcache link in this thread may be removed.

Thanks.

beverduster
Sep 28 2012, 12:36 PM
molly mew, why is my turbo boat not giving me the 2X? guess the mods dont no the answer

Tiger
Sep 28 2012, 12:44 PM
molly mew, why is my turbo boat not giving me the 2X? guess the mods dont no the answer

The boat doesn't give you 2x, bait does, did you have bait when you fished your own farms? Just tried on mine, working here.

beverduster
Sep 28 2012, 01:10 PM
The boat doesn't give you 2x, bait does, did you have bait when you fished your own farms? Just tried on mine, working here.

i get 2X from the river but not he big bodies of water

Tony D
Sep 28 2012, 01:11 PM
i get 2X from the river but not he big bodies of waterHi, do you have both types of bait ?

Tony D
Sep 28 2012, 01:19 PM
Hi , the search function should now be fixed and the purple boat should now work as intended.