PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- October 26th, 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raul
Oct 26 2012, 03:05 PM
See Known Issues and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Nov 13th, 1:00PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. Halloween Items (2 weeks ago) and 4 new Fences (Straw, Bamboo, Golden and Grapevine).

2. 32 x 32 Farm Expansions for farms 1 - 5: Here are the prices -> 4,000,000,000 Coins or 30 FarmCash.

3. Extra Box/Product when Hiring Strangers from the Marketplace: To increase work availability in the marketplace we have decided to reward those who hire strangers (not a Buddy or neighbour) in the Marketplace. That is to say, if you go to the Marketplace to hire others you will receive an extra product (regular non-large box, fruits, flower, log or fish) in your storage for each product harvested. This will help employers having more products to load their facilities.

4. 8x8 tools: Harvester, Seeder, Plower, Harvest-Plow Combine and Harvest-Plant Combine are now available in 8x8 mode, this will allow you to perform farming operations over 64 fields at a time, almost twice as with 6x6 tools.

5. Dim Out Non Relevant Items for Tools: This is a new preference in the Preference Window. Whenever you select a tool, items that are not relevant to that tool will be dimmed out so that you can have easier access to the items that you're actually going to work on. For example when you select the harvest tool you will only see harvestable items. When you select the fishing rod you will only see water items with grown fish on them. This will work when you are farming on your farms or other people farms.

6. Minigames Prizes: When you play any of the 7 minigames you will now have the chance to win coins and ingredients based on your performance. You will be able to earn up to a certain amount of coins and ingredient daily, that amount will increase as you move up your FarmTown level. Users on level 200 or higher will be able to make 1,000,000 coins in Practice mode and another 1,000,000 in multiplayer mode for each Minigame.

7. Random pop-up dialogs to Tend farms removed: People on higher levels (greater than 50) will not see any more random dialogs popping up about your neighbour farms needing tend, these dialogs are not very helpful anymore for advanced users and gets in the way.

8. Hide Items Faster: When you Hide items individually using the 'Hide' menu option the confirmation popup that shows up will now appear only once per session.

9. Zoo Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Zoo Supplies.

Reptile Tree
Tortoise Playpen
Animal Control Pole
Camel Riding Saddle
Binocular
Food Dispenser
Monkey Food
Hippo Food

10. Seaquarium Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Seaquarium Supplies.

Fish Tank Decor
Fish Tank
Treat Reward Container
Water Valve
Algae Cleaner
Marine Stretcher
Wavemaker
Underwater Helmet

New products on other facilities:

Seal Food, Dolphin Food and Killer Whale Food in the Frozen Food Factory

11. Zoo (coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Curry Comb
Bottle Mounted Vaccinator
Reptile Tree
Tortoise Playpen
Animal Control Pole
Camel Riding Saddle
Binocular
Food Dispenser
Monkey Food
Hippo Food

12. Seaquarium (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Seals Food
Dolphins Food
Killer Whales Food
Fish Tank Decor
Fish Tank
Treat Reward Container
Water Valve
Algae Cleaner
Marine Stretcher
Wavemaker
Underwater Helmet

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - Nov 1st, 23:30PM EST

- Minigames Prizes
- Bug showing seassonal decorations in Store when using Search Bar fixed

Post Release Updates - Nov 5th, 5:00PM EST

- Show/Hide Seassonal items working again
- Thanksgiving Items

Post Release Updates - Nov 8th, 3:20PM EST

- Fixes for the slowing issues when using multi-tools and the hiding Seasonal items bug

Post Release Updates - Nov 9th, 6:00PM EST

- More fixes about some seasonal decorations not hiding correctly

Post Release Updates - Nov 13th, 1:00PM EST

- The bug about some flowers missing from the store is now fixed

Known Issues

- None

KnightRider
Oct 26 2012, 03:06 PM
Woo hoo, the new release is out, now off to check it out.

Electrox
Oct 26 2012, 03:12 PM
We need the train boost, and a faster GE Diesel locomotive.

now to check out the rest, but not sure i like killing of seals, dolphins, and killer wales. don't like seeing them enslaved either.

bluehair
Oct 26 2012, 03:16 PM
oh I so wante the 8 X 8 tools...need to save :)

Ron Doolittle
Oct 26 2012, 03:17 PM
When I'm signed in here the posting rules at the bottom left of this page say I may not post new threads. Does anyone know why that is?

Toni0912
Oct 26 2012, 03:18 PM
Good day all - I love the new release - so pleased about no &. no more irritating pop up to clean someones farm.
Thanks you Devs of Slaskey - once again you have outdone yourselves.

MIRIAM DEL VALLE
Oct 26 2012, 03:19 PM
thanks ♥;) great

sod farmer
Oct 26 2012, 03:21 PM
New stuff :) Just in time for the weekend too! Thanks:D

rjohn726
Oct 26 2012, 03:21 PM
32X32 farms, 8X8 tools, gee kinda guessed that would happen, but where's the Boost?

I almost just said Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, but I didn't.

However, I will say thanks

StoneFace
Oct 26 2012, 03:23 PM
OH MY...

32 X 32 FARMS...

I can see it now... we first have farms 1-5

when farm #17 is released, farms 6-10 will be expandable

when farm #18 is released, farms 11-15 will be expandable

when farm #19 is released, farms 16-19 will be expandable

and then farm 20, like #16 ( immediately expandable to 30x30) will be released with a max size of 32x32

In the year 2016, when farm 32 is released, the max size will probably be

50x50... lol.... bring it on.

Tiger
Oct 26 2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks very much Raul :D

ETA have now tried out the "Dim out Non relevant Items for Tools" and am absolutely loving that feature !!!
No more oil pumps, tools or tall crops hiding flowers, and easy to find harvestable trees amongst those not ready yet. :D :D :D

KnightRider
Oct 26 2012, 03:31 PM
The dim out preference is great for seeing what has and hasn't been harvested on trees and stuff. Not sure about the expansions, just started to expand to 30x30. Really glad about the pop ups gone.

StoneFace
Oct 26 2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks Lord Sorcerer Raul.....

I like the fences...

anybody want to buy old fencing when I replace/remodel.;)

Dutch85
Oct 26 2012, 03:34 PM
Awesome update as usual! Thank you Devs!

Texas Star
Oct 26 2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks! The dim option will be a big help I think. Sometimes it is a little hard for me to see trees that have not been harvested, on those where fruit is not as obvious! Still working on 30 x 30 expansions... had thought that might be the max! New facilities are cool! Saving up my allowance to buy fc LOL

Texas Belle
Oct 26 2012, 03:38 PM
Wow thank you guys, was just doing a farm and went to look for my 5x5 plot and lo and behold I see a 62 one, left the farm and came out here, now to play....
Thank you, thank you, thank you very much you guys rock!!

Petuniaflower
Oct 26 2012, 03:39 PM
I love SURPRISES:D Good thing you have some farm expansions cause(of coarse I will buy all facilities) I was wondering where I would place things.have to say though, tools that do more spaces doesn't help me much,because of the way I have made my farms.Sort of why I wouldn't be able to layer if I wanted to. Now off to expand and build YIPPEE

mac16129
Oct 26 2012, 03:40 PM
Another fantastic surprise from the developers.....just GREAT!!! Thanks!!!!

purplicious5860
Oct 26 2012, 03:40 PM
but still no way to earn extra ft cash

MAUROMEN
Oct 26 2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks Raul!!

Jwebb
Oct 26 2012, 03:46 PM
We love the new release as always, but...still no Train Boost and no new SEEDS or TREES....It's been a really long time...too long!! We should also be able to "trade in" some of the other tools we paid farm cash for, for the most recent ones at a discounted price

bruhelmboldt
Oct 26 2012, 03:47 PM
I like the new feature in "hide", but how about going a little further and giving us a
"hide" tool?

Also, maybe I don't understand the function description correctly, but nothing "dims" no matter what tool I select. ?!?!?!?! (Ooops - I just reloaded the game, and now it works as advertised.)

Pesto Farmer
Thank you so much for the new Hide option-something I had been asking for. Thanks for all!!!

cbabyorchid
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

KnightRider
Oct 26 2012, 03:50 PM
I am on farm 1 and go to the realtors office and it says that i already have all of the upgrades, so when it the 32x32 coming out, I though they had already added it to the game and I tried to reload the game to make sure that the latest one loaded. I have cleared my cache, history, and the memcache. Still no farm 1 upgrade to 32x32.

debcorley
Oct 26 2012, 03:55 PM
ive got my fifth farm 32x 32 using coins i have bought FC but what with the new facilities and 8x8 tools i think i will only upgrade farms when i have the coins ..im not sure i want them any bigger anyway ..but thank you for another great release :) just waiting to boost my trains now ;)

hurican
Oct 26 2012, 03:55 PM
Ok....... i just bought all the 8x8 farm tools ......... an they don't work ...... please help.

rabbit8
Oct 26 2012, 03:57 PM
This release is good, as always. I just have one comment though. When you give us a zoo, let us decorate our own. You have added a front ticket booth, lions cage etc. Why not just provide the pavilion and let us do the decorating. Please? Just give us the items in decorations to do so. I love decorating but you've done it yourself. (Just as in the Child Care building.)

KnightRider
Oct 26 2012, 03:58 PM
I have it figure out, if anyone has used the farm selector to move farms around is going to have problems upgrading, I can upgrade farms 2, 3, 4, 5, and 16. Farm 16 used to be farm 1, when I load farm 16 which is still 28x28 it shows I can upgrade to 30x30 and then 32x32.

Tiger
Oct 26 2012, 03:59 PM
It looks like all the farms can be upgraded except for farm 1 the one I need to upgrade first before I upgrade 2, 3, 4, and 5

Hi,

Mines's showing up, try reloading the game.

KnightRider
Oct 26 2012, 04:08 PM
Hi,

Mines's showing up, try reloading the game.

It looks like it is only going to mess up if someone moves farms around. I reworded my last post.

marymarcel
Oct 26 2012, 04:09 PM
Thank you so much Raul!!

CynthiaSue
Oct 26 2012, 04:15 PM
Can anyone tell me which loader is needed for the zoo supplies facility?

Molly Mew
Oct 26 2012, 04:16 PM
Many thanks, Raul :)

Gregh
Oct 26 2012, 04:25 PM
8x8, whoo hoo! I can see this month is going to be expensive.

Mrs Mags
Oct 26 2012, 04:33 PM
Many thanks for the update Raul :)

kataltay
8x8 tools, and the bulldozer hasn't made it past 5x5 yet? Also, please define "soon" so we can know when to roughly expect that Train Boost?

Docperk
THanks for the updates, now I got to go get some FC so I can get busy.

preston_digitation
Oct 26 2012, 04:34 PM
I'm liking the fact that we will not get any more of those annoying pop ups, but 180 Farm Cash (total), in order to purchase the 8x8 combine is extreme. It's about time, purchasing combines, were only reliant on whether you had the previous combine. We are being made to spend money on tools we will not use, in order to get the one tool we will use. Furthermore.....What has happened to the activation of the "Boost" Button. It has been "coming soon" for over 4 months now. I hardly think that time scale is equivalent to "coming soon." I think perhaps you should have put "Coming next year, if you are lucky! " Maybe you think we have forgotten about that, along with the promised Farm Cash rewards for Quests!!!!!!

i agree. while the new things are cool, how about the items we've already been promised?? thanks for the update, we do appreciate all that the dev team and mods do. but this is kind of a let down.

Taz D
Oct 26 2012, 04:35 PM

now to check out the rest, but not sure i like killing of seals, dolphins, and killer wales. don't like seeing them enslaved either.
It is not killing those animals, it is food for them.

kataltay
Oct 26 2012, 04:36 PM

No one is killing the animals. Production is "food" for them ;)

preston_digitation
also, i have the "dim out non-relevant tools" ticked, and i still see all the items. also, when i tried to use my bulldozer to quick-delete some animals, as soon as i tried to use the dozer, the animals disappeared. i had to click on each animal, and sell each by itself.

KnightRider
I'm liking the fact that we will not get any more of those annoying pop ups, but 180 Farm Cash (total), in order to purchase the 8x8 combine is extreme. It's about time, purchasing combines, were only reliant on whether you had the previous combine. We are being made to spend money on tools we will not use, in order to get the one tool we will use. Furthermore.....What has happened to the activation of the "Boost" Button. It has been "coming soon" for over 4 months now. I hardly think that time scale is equivalent to "coming soon." I think perhaps you should have put "Coming next year, if you are lucky! " Maybe you think we have forgotten about that, along with the promised Farm Cash rewards for Quests!!!!!!

They never promised FC in quests, it say maybe in the future, which means they might or they might not,

cindier
Oct 26 2012, 04:38 PM
Expansions not showing up in the realtor's... Love the new tools and fences. Thanks so much for making this the greatest game on Facebook, loyal player since the beginning...

HelenJS22
Oct 26 2012, 04:39 PM
Dear Raul, Thank you for the newest tools ..... but I'm afraid Sainthood eludes you until I get my pretty purple turbo tree and flower harvesters and my TRAIN BOOST :p

So disappointed to have to sit staring in vain at my tool box and all my gazillions of trees and flowers ..... for at least another month when I don't have the time to harvest them all as I should. Please take pity on us busy people who love playing Farm Town and don't have enough time for the large extent of it all now. I have farm cash burning a hole in my pocket waiting for them.

Gregh
Oct 26 2012, 04:42 PM
1. In this photo you see: 2x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6 Seeders all arranged side by side on the same farm. I moved them all here from other farms and from storage.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/662_4086696844969_481509636_n.jpg

2. On the same farm, I open the Store. The 8x8 Seeder is LOCKED. Why?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/643874_4086695644939_1634385153_n.jpg

KnightRider
Oct 26 2012, 04:44 PM
1. In this photo you see: 2x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6 Seeders all arranged side by side on the same farm.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/662_4086696844969_481509636_n.jpg

2. On the same farm, I open the Store. The 8x8 Seeder is LOCKED.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/643874_4086695644939_1634385153_n.jpg

Once you are on that farm with the other items just reload the game, go back to that farm and they should be unlocked or atleast that unlocks the items for me when I see them locked.

Tiger
1. In this photo you see: 2x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6 Seeders all arranged side by side on the same farm.

2. On the same farm, I open the Store. The 8x8 Seeder is LOCKED.

Hi,

Place all the tools into your storage, then check the store again. Reload if it doesn't immediately show.

kataltay
1. In this photo you see: 2x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5 and 6x6 Seeders all arranged side by side on the same farm. I moved them all here from other farms and from storage.

2. On the same farm, I open the Store. The 8x8 Seeder is LOCKED. Why?

hmmm so are the 5x5 and 6x6

Sandy Mae
Oct 26 2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks Raul and the Devs for the goodies!!! I have been working already on my farms because I now have more room for trains!!! Belly laughing because I am a very happy Farmer!!!!

cindier
Oct 26 2012, 04:47 PM
You are right just tried it myself and it works on the original order the farms were. Hope it gets fixed soon....

preston_digitation
Oct 26 2012, 04:52 PM
also, i have the "dim out non-relevant tools" ticked, and i still see all the items. also, when i tried to use my bulldozer to quick-delete some animals, as soon as i tried to use the dozer, the animals disappeared. i had to click on each animal, and sell each by itself.

hahaha, NEVERMIND!! i figured it out, when i was fishing on my own farm. VERY COOL!!! everything that was not related to fishing went invisible, and as i was fishing, the ones i did already disappeared too! this is awesome, will help LOTS when i fish for folks with loads of fishing!! this is best part of update!! thanks much for this, now i am happy!!! :D:D:D

CynthiaSue
Oct 26 2012, 04:52 PM
Could someone please tell me which loader is needed for the zoo supply facility. I would buy it if I happened to already have the correct loader. I don't want another facility that I don't have a loader for since I don't use many of those already. It just takes too long to load facilities without loaders and I can't buy them all at this point

Gregh
Oct 26 2012, 05:00 PM
Update on my locked purchases - before posting here I had already tried moving them to and from storage and reloading the game by hitting "Play", without effect.

Nothing worked until I exited the game completely and returned to FB. When I went back into FT from FB they were all unlocked.

Hopefully this info will help anyone else with the same problem.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p206x206/527446_4086787487235_15820225_n.jpg

Tiger
Oct 26 2012, 05:02 PM
Update on my locked purchases - before posting here I had already tried moving them to and from storage and reloading the game by hitting "Play", without effect.

Nothing worked until I exited the game completely and returned to FB. When I went back into FT from FB they were all unlocked.

Hopefully this info will help anyone else with the same probem.

Thanks for letting us know :)

dorissau
Oct 26 2012, 05:07 PM
I just love all the HUGE tools... but am disappointed that you didn't consider my earlier suggestion that the main tool box show the LARGEST tool we own, not just all the small ones. Now that I own all the BIG tools, the main toolbox is worthless and I have to go to the extended tool box and search for whatever tool I need.
Anyhow, thanks for all the new stuff... keeps the game interesting!!!

al_bundy
Oct 26 2012, 05:13 PM
Woo Hoo Thanks Raul

Glad to see my prayers of having the random tend farm popup removed have now been answered (-:

now we just need a preference to disable all the millions of popups on the start of the game (-: like the ones telling me that i have hidden items won the powerball (lottery) etc

love the new tools

Texas Star
Oct 26 2012, 05:15 PM
Thank you ever so much for eliminating the pop ups asking for help tending other farms! Yea! Can look at my farms without being harassed!

Mohena
Oct 26 2012, 05:15 PM
Felicitaciones Raul! me gusto este lanzamiento, el punto 3 esta muy bueno ya que eso estimula a que volvamos al mercado e inter actuemos entre granjeros y que trabajemos los unos a los otros ya casi no se hace; el punto 5 tambien me parece un buen avance pues nos ahorrara tiempo y es muy practico; el punto 6 tambien me gusta porque muchos granjeros no juegan los mini-juegos y el premiarlos con monedas los animara a jugarlos, tambien quiero darte las gracias por tomar en cuenta nuestras peticiones en cuanto a Halloween y haber incluido mas articulos para decorar, gracias por el esfuerzo Raul...... muak dtb

WillowTreeFarm
Oct 26 2012, 05:23 PM
Raul and the rest of the FT team, thanks so much for this update. The ability to dim the unneeded and finished parts of the farm is brilliant! It shaved off 10 minutes of the time that it was taking to work my hubby's 16 farms. This is also the first time I have been able to harvest every single tree since it shows if you missed one in the bunch. Brilliant!!

ImajeanB
Oct 26 2012, 05:43 PM
OK...I bought all the 8 x 8 tools and now when I try to use the combine/harvester/planter it asks if I want to go to the store and buy it! What am I doing wrong? I even took it out of storage and refreshed and put it back...still won't let me use it. HELP!

Mohena
Oct 26 2012, 05:48 PM
OK...I bought all the 8 x 8 tools and now when I try to use the combine/harvester/planter it asks if I want to go to the store and buy it! What am I doing wrong? I even took it out of storage and refreshed and put it back...still won't let me use it. HELP!
hola, por lo que he leido cuando hay lanzamientos los servidores se sobrecargan, hay compras, jugamos, movemos objetos, vendemos, etc., es decir hay mucha actividad y ocurren algunos errores, si ya limpiaste el historial y todo lo demas, recargaste y aun no se resuelve, ten paciencia por favor que eso se corregirá sobre la marcha, muak dtb

Taz D
Oct 26 2012, 05:48 PM
Raul, what is a "Ridding Camel Saddle"? Shouldn't that be a Camel Riding Saddle?
Thanks for the release...:D

Orx
Oct 26 2012, 05:51 PM
Thanks for another great update. Love the option to dim out non harvestable items. Disappointed that the boost button for the trains is still not in use. Not had a chance yet to try out the new tools.

Tiger
Oct 26 2012, 05:55 PM

Hi there,

I'm using mine and it's working fine.

Could you please double check your storage again and make sure that you own both the harvest/plow combine as well as the harvest/plant combine. Make sure you don't own two of the harvest/plow combines by mistake.

If you do have both, try taking them out of storage once more, save the game and completely exit the game. Then reload and put them back in again. See if it works this time. If not please provide a link to your farm showing in your post.

Thank you

ImajeanB
Oct 26 2012, 06:05 PM
Ok....... i just bought all the 8x8 farm tools ......... an they don't work ...... please help.

My harvest plow works but not the combine, harvest and planter.

maggiel29
Oct 26 2012, 06:09 PM
Some real goodies - like bigger farms, the 8x8 tools and the fading feature when using tools - need to go see what else. Thanks Raul.
The fading feature is totally brilliant I love it - but it doesnt work with the seeders. Tried 5x5 and 6x6

JohnAlbertini
Oct 26 2012, 06:15 PM
Why do you require the harvester and the plow to buy harvest/plow? I will NEVER use the harvest nor the plow so those purchases are a TOTAL WASTE!!!!!
I want the 6x6 H/P but refuse to pay the 75 FC to get it nor the 100 FC needed to buy the 8x8 H/P.

The only prerequisite for the H/P upgrade should be the prior H/P, period. The 35 FC and 40 FC are almost reasonable costs. But since you are only dribbling out the new Levels/FC at 100 per YEAR the current prices are totally outrageous!!!

I have over 20 MILLION XP that I can't use yet. Get with the program and give the higher leveled out folks a break. At 100,000 XP per level that would be 200 levels but I'll have to wait TWO YEARS to actually get them?! Idiocy! Why do I bother? You are killing all the fun in this game. Almost all my neighbors have quit playing. If this doesn't change very soon I guess I'll join them. I can't even get any gifts anymore since they all quit (except my wife who isn't thrilled with playing anymore either)!

LEVELS, LEVELS, LEVELS PLEEEEEEASE!!!!!

Pustekuchen
Oct 26 2012, 06:33 PM
Why do you require the harvester and the plow to buy harvest/plow? I will NEVER use the harvest nor the plow so those purchases are a TOTAL WASTE!!!!!
I want the 6x6 H/P but refuse to pay the 75 FC to get it nor the 100 FC needed to buy the 8x8 H/P.

The only prerequisite for the H/P upgrade should be the prior H/P, period. The 35 FC and 40 FC are almost reasonable costs. But since you are only dribbling out the new Levels/FC at 100 per YEAR the current prices are totally outrageous!!!

I have over 20 MILLION XP that I can't use yet. Get with the program and give the higher leveled out folks a break. At 100,000 XP per level that would be 200 levels but I'll have to wait TWO YEARS to actually get them?! Idiocy! Why do I bother? You are killing all the fun in this game. Almost all my neighbors have quit playing. If this doesn't change very soon I guess I'll join them. I can't even get any gifts anymore since they all quit (except my wife who isn't thrilled with playing anymore either)!

LEVELS, LEVELS, LEVELS PLEEEEEEASE!!!!!

YES..the prices are absolutely ridiculous..another boring update.
Haven't looked at the new facilities yet..I hope they do not (again) require leather and all the other stuff that we constantly run out off...

Electrox
Oct 26 2012, 06:33 PM
I like the new feature in "hide", but how about going a little further and giving us a
"hide" tool?

Any object you can select can be 'hidden' when you click the object, look for hide in the menu. you can hide a tree to be able to click the tree behind it that may not be selected .

Nightowl 1942
Oct 26 2012, 06:34 PM
Can not upgrade 2 of my farms. Yes I have run all of my cleaners, refreshed and even rebooted. Keeps telling me I have already upgraded. Let me upgrade Farms 1,2 & 5 with no problems. Not so with Farms 3 & 4.

ImajeanB
Oct 26 2012, 06:37 PM
I have no complaints Raul....just when I think you all couldn't come up with anything better than we have then you do! I love the dim switch! It is fantastic and saves so much time hunting for trees that are ready and other things! Thank you so much for making a fun game even more fun!!!!

Electrox
Oct 26 2012, 06:38 PM
I have it figure out, if anyone has used the farm selector to move farms around is going to have problems upgrading, I can upgrade farms 2, 3, 4, 5, and 16. Farm 16 used to be farm 1, when I load farm 16 which is still 28x28 it shows I can upgrade to 30x30 and then 32x32.

since the real estate office shows only the Current selected farm... why does this matter ???????

be on the farm you want to upgrade... period. be it 1 16 or farm 1 in position 16

bruhelmboldt
Oct 26 2012, 06:38 PM
Any object you can select can be 'hidden' when you click the object, look for hide in the menu. you can hide a tree to be able to click the tree behind it that may not be selected .

Right. But what if I need to hide fifty trees? That's 100 clicks, which could be cut to 50 clicks with a "hide" tool. I don't want to hide ALL of the trees, just a select group - all for nefarious purposes, of course. :D

KnightRider
Oct 26 2012, 06:40 PM
Can not upgrade 2 of my farms. Yes I have run all of my cleaners, refreshed and even rebooted. Keeps telling me I have already upgraded. Let me upgrade Farms 1,2 & 5 with no problems. Not so with Farms 3 & 4.

Did you use the farm selector and move farms around?

KnightRider
Oct 26 2012, 06:46 PM
since the real estate office shows only the Current selected farm... why does this matter ???????

be on the farm you want to upgrade... period. be it 1 16 or farm 1 in position 16

It does make a difference that is why I can upgrade farm 16 to 32x32, but I can't upgrade farm 1, cause farm 16 use to be farm 1 before I moved them. For some reason the realtors office is reading the original order and not what the farm selector has put the farm as. Which I guess I should thank the dev's cause now it will save me money since I can't upgrade farm 1 I can't upgrade the others until I do farm 1 so I can keep all of my train tracks and roads connected on all farms.

boofee
Oct 26 2012, 06:48 PM
What the heck is a "Repile Tree" produced in the zoo factory?

KnightRider
Oct 26 2012, 06:50 PM
What the heck is a "Repile Tree" produced in the zoo factory?

It is probably a tree for reptiles to climb on.

gffarmer
Oct 26 2012, 06:50 PM
Wow! Update time! Thanks devs.!!

Electrox
Oct 26 2012, 07:01 PM
Right. But what if I need to hide fifty trees? That's 100 clicks, which could be cut to 50 clicks with a "hide" tool. I don't want to hide ALL of the trees, just a select group - all for nefarious purposes, of course. :D

as stated in the update, the 'confirm' pop up will not happen over and over. so it is 51 clicks to hide 50 trees.

Gregh
Oct 26 2012, 07:03 PM
@kitt1962,
For some reason the realtors office is reading the original order and not what the farm selector has put the farm as. Which I guess I should thank the dev's cause now it will save me money since I can't upgrade farm 1 I can't upgrade the others until I do farm 1 so I can keep all of my train tracks and roads connected on all farms.

You could temporarily put them back in the default order using the reset button :)

KnightRider
Oct 26 2012, 07:08 PM
@kitt1962,

You could temporarily put them back in the default order using the reset button :)

That wouldn't work cause it would put my farm 1 back to farm 16 so I couldn't upgrade it anyway. They need to make the realtors office see that my farms have been moved around and I have a new farm 1. The only way to do it now is I would have to move everything from farm 1 back to farm 16 again and I moved them once and don't want to move a farm full of flowers again.

Electrox
Oct 26 2012, 07:12 PM
It does make a difference that is why I can upgrade farm 16 to 32x32, but I can't upgrade farm 1, cause farm 16 use to be farm 1 before I moved them. For some reason the realtors office is reading the original order and not what the farm selector has put the farm as. Which I guess I should thank the dev's cause now it will save me money since I can't upgrade farm 1 I can't upgrade the others until I do farm 1 so I can keep all of my train tracks and roads connected on all farms.

You can be correct that the real estate office might be miss-reading the farm number or you could be. but you say here that you can update YOUR FARM 16 (which is f-1 file) so what is the real estate office problem. you have confirmed that you CAN upgrade to 32x32 farm ( files f1-f5).
You do NOT have to make f1 32x32 to make f5 32x32. I keep 24x24 files, as they out- produce my 30x30 farms. This has to do with the flash viewer, and the max number of objects in a flash file.

Gregh
Oct 26 2012, 07:14 PM
That wouldn't work cause it would put my farm 1 back to farm 16 so I couldn't upgrade it anyway. They need to make the realtors office see that my farms have been moved around and I have a new farm 1.

That's a bad, bad idea if you think about it.

2. 32 x 32 Farm Expansions for farms 1 - 5

OK, let's upgrade my farms 1-5. Done. Now I reorder my farms so that Farms 6-10 are now Farms 1-5. Upgrade. Done. Now I reorder so that farms 11-15 become farms 1-5. Upgrade.

If they wanted people upgrading all their farms now they'd have made all the expansions available now. Imagine the load on their servers!

uoden
Oct 26 2012, 07:16 PM
I bought an upgrate for farm 5 to 32 x 32 , now they say I got upgrate to 31 x 31 and my big seacoasts are lost/disapeared . What is happening?

servocrow
Oct 26 2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the update. Always something great I can work with, regardless of whether or not I have "cash" for some of the items. I appreciate you keeping the game with unlimited possibilities and versatile. :)

KnightRider
Oct 26 2012, 07:24 PM
You can be correct that the real estate office might be miss-reading the farm number or you could be. but you say here that you can update YOUR FARM 16 (which is f-1 file) so what is the real estate office problem. you have confirmed that you CAN upgrade the to 32x32 farm ( files f1-f5).
You do NOT have to make f1 32x32 to make f5 32x32. I keep 24x24 files, as they out- produce my 30x30 farms. This has to do with the flash viewer, and the max number of objects in a flash file.

I do them in order to keep all of my farms connected when I put them together into one big picture, if I can't do my farm 1 then the train tracks on farms 2 and 4 will not line up correctly, below:

CynthiaSue
Oct 26 2012, 07:26 PM

You can put your farms in any order, however, they will still be the same according to the realtors office. So if you move farm 1 to farm 16, farm 16 will now be farm 1 when it comes to the expansions and their costs. Thiis only makes sense. Otherwise, everyone would move each farm to the cheapest for expansions and move them once the expansion have been bought. Perhaps I am not understanding your problem. I have moved my farms around, but have kept them numbered according to their original numbers.

Tiger
Oct 26 2012, 07:29 PM
I bought an upgrate for farm 5 to 32 x 32 , now they say I got upgrate to 31 x 31 and my big seacoasts are lost/disapeared . What is happening?

Hi,

Where are you seeing the 31x31? Is it in the farm selector when you hover over farm 5? Did you move your sea coasts into the expansion and then they disappeared?

LoreneC
Oct 26 2012, 07:37 PM
Just an FYI I have to set things far forward from the hay fences or the object I am trying to set in front gets swallowed up by the fence. I haven't tried with the others yet.

The dim option is brilliant. Many of my trees are intermingled and don't all need harvested at the same time so this will be a huge help!

Nice update!!
;)

ghostkitten
Oct 26 2012, 07:40 PM
Hi,

Where are you seeing the 31x31? Is it in the farm selector when you hover over farm 5? Did you move your sea coasts into the expansion and then they disappeared?

See this happened to me:(:(,,,,

Tiger
Oct 26 2012, 07:41 PM
See this happened to me:(:(,,,,

Hi,

Yes i know i have responded to you in H&S asking you a couple of things, could you go reply please.

Thanks

Electrox
Oct 26 2012, 07:51 PM

would need more info on that before a firm correct answer can be given. If your farm is so close to the maximum file size, upgrading it to a larger size can remove objects from the pallet. why it would say 31x31 is questioned as 31x31 is not a map size.

bruhelmboldt
Oct 26 2012, 08:02 PM
as stated in the update, the 'confirm' pop up will not happen over and over. so it is 51 clicks to hide 50 trees.

Nope. Click-open menu, click "hide".

That's 100 clicks.

HelenJS22
Oct 26 2012, 08:03 PM
LOVE THE 'dim out' OPTION :D Thanks devs.

KnightRider
Oct 26 2012, 08:05 PM
That's a bad, bad idea if you think about it.

OK, let's upgrade my farms 1-5. Done. Now I reorder my farms so that Farms 6-10 are now Farms 1-5. Upgrade. Done. Now I reorder so that farms 11-15 become farms 1-5. Upgrade.

If they wanted people upgrading all their farms now they'd have made all the expansions available now. Imagine the load on their servers!

They could do that and just make it that if you try to move a farm like farm 1 is at 32x32 and you try to move it to a farm that doesn't have that size farm out yet make it so that it can't be moved due to the farm you are moving it to doesn't have that size farm available to purchase. This way then people couldn't move them around to just get upgrades, but like mine I moved the farm now I have to take the time to either move a farm full of flowers back to the original farm or purchase all of the flowers again and go to my gift site for the giftables and then delete the other flowers and never use the farm selector again.

rodneycs
Oct 26 2012, 08:09 PM
Why is there still no new 6 x 6 bulldozer or 8 x 8 bulldozer?? Or even better a harvest and delete tool. I see no use for the harvest,plough and plant combine harvester at all.

Electrox
Oct 26 2012, 08:10 PM
I do them in order to keep all of my farms connected when I put them together into one big picture, if I can't do my farm 1 then the train tracks on farms 2 and 4 will not line up correctly, just like the picture below:

nice... in order to maxiflex the maps, all pallets should be the same size. Thus, you will need to wait till all maps can be upgraded at the same time to keep the alignment the same then adding objects to the left and bottom of each map palette. guess you will be waiting based on your arrangement of F-x files names.

Tony D
Oct 26 2012, 08:28 PM
When I'm signed in here the posting rules at the bottom left of this page say I may not post new threads. Does anyone know why that is?Hi, I have fixed this for you. Please send me a private message if you are still having problems.

Jean's Farm
Oct 26 2012, 08:32 PM
Thank you for the updates. The "Dim out non revelant items for tools" is so totally cool!!!! We don't have to hide everything anymore. Thank you!!!! Doing a happy dance!!! :D :D :D

bayoubes
Oct 26 2012, 08:41 PM
Now we got 8x8 tools, when are they going to answer my prayers on giving us poor folks a 3x3 harvest/plow for coins. I have asked the devs a lot of times for this, I get no answers and no tools. Yes, I know they need to make money, I understand business, and yes I have gotten fc along the way too, but can't effort all that fc it takes to just get to the first harvest plow tool. Please, can the mods help talk the devs into it, I have suggest to them directly and on the suggestion forum, it's doesn't help. I love the game and it would save a lot of time to have a 3x3 harvest/plow.

vicki kneese
Oct 26 2012, 08:49 PM
oh I so wante the 8 X 8 tools...need to save :)

uit was expensive for sure but man can i harvest pklow and seed mucho quicko

Tony D
Oct 26 2012, 08:51 PM
Hi, everyone thanks for your feedback on the new release :)

Just one of my frequent reminders that this thread is for feedback on the new release, please avoid posting about things that are not relevant to the new release .. we have help and support / general feedback/ social sections / suggestion sections for that.

Please also respect everyone right to provide feedback , good / bad or otherwise without disagreeing with them or entering in to a debate about it .

Posts that do not meet this criteria may be deleted or moved without warning.

Thanks for understanding.

Tony

Gregh
Oct 26 2012, 09:00 PM
it was expensive for sure but man can i harvest pklow and seed mucho quicko

:D 95 seconds to harvest 4,000 fields where it used to take me 175 seconds. Now ... what can I do with the 80 seconds I've saved? Have I bought my last set of crop harvesting tools?

roz1972
Oct 26 2012, 09:14 PM
When I'm signed in here the posting rules at the bottom left of this page say I may not post new threads. Does anyone know why that is?

i just noticed the same for me :(

Grace Sal
Oct 26 2012, 09:14 PM
Ok you gave us 32x32 farms for 1-5, so I moved my farm 6 to now be farm 3, but I still cannot upgrade it to 32x32. I reloaded, emptied cache and history. But when I try to upgrade it, I get the error message that this farm is at its max. So my question is, am I doing something wrong, or does the system only upgrade the original 1-5 farms? Thank you
love all the new stuff....

Tony D
Oct 26 2012, 09:17 PM
i just noticed the same for me :(Hi, I checked your account and there is no reason you should not be able to start threads in the help & support/ social / or general feedback sections

Gregh
Oct 26 2012, 09:44 PM
5. Dim Out Non Relevant Items for Tools: This is a new preference in the Preference Window. Whenever you select a tool, items that are not relevant to that tool will be dimmed out so that you can have easier access to the items that you're actually going to work on. For example when you select the harvest tool you will only see harvestable items. When you select the fishing rod you will only see water items with grown fish on them. This will work when you are farming on your farms or other people farms.

Just found a nifty side effect of this new feature - when I harvested the last crop, all the dimmed items suddenly flashed back to visibility. If this is reliable, we now we have a visual cue to tell us when we've harvested everything!

Edited to add - but it look like it only happens for tree harvesters when there are no ripe crops.

Edited to add - or possibly not at all for the chainsaw :(

Taz D
Oct 26 2012, 10:04 PM
Ok you gave us 32x32 farms for 1-5, so I moved my farm 6 to now be farm 3, but I still cannot upgrade it to 32x32. I reloaded, emptied cache and history. But when I try to upgrade it, I get the error message that this farm is at its max. So my question is, am I doing something wrong, or does the system only upgrade the original 1-5 farms? Thank you
The realtors office has to go by the original farm number and not the position you have moved it to in the grid. So only the original farms 1 - 5 can be upgraded.

Electrox
Oct 26 2012, 10:10 PM

only the first 5 original farm maps can be updated at this time. It is not the effect of the Farm Selector Manager to allow you to update maps via moving the maps around. The file names do not change. The original files can be updated in any position.

purrrrcat
Oct 26 2012, 10:12 PM
Question referring to #2 - How will we know when new farms (17, 18 etc.) are released? If all we can see in the Real Estate Office are updates for CURRENT FARM. How are we to see new farms to buy and get to them ?

Audrey45
Oct 26 2012, 10:14 PM
This is a great update, thank you so much I love it. Already have all the 8x8 love IT!!!!!
and I didn't say anything about the fish turbo last month but it wonderful. Happy farming everyone :)

ImTheRealElly
Oct 26 2012, 10:22 PM
i like the idea of the dim out, but how do you make it work? i cant find anything to click on to select the option, and choosing a tool doesnt do anything. how do you do it?

Jwebb
Oct 26 2012, 10:24 PM
I'm liking the fact that we will not get any more of those annoying pop ups, but 180 Farm Cash (total), in order to purchase the 8x8 combine is extreme. It's about time, purchasing combines, were only reliant on whether you had the previous combine. We are being made to spend money on tools we will not use, in order to get the one tool we will use. Furthermore.....What has happened to the activation of the "Boost" Button. It has been "coming soon" for over 4 months now. I hardly think that time scale is equivalent to "coming soon." I think perhaps you should have put "Coming next year, if you are lucky! " Maybe you think we have forgotten about that, along with the promised Farm Cash rewards for Quests!!!!
:confused: I completely agree!

Gregh
Oct 26 2012, 10:29 PM
i like the idea of the dim out, but how do you make it work? i cant find anything to click on to select the option, and choosing a tool doesnt do anything. how do you do it?

The option is in the wrench tool (Preferences) below "Transparent dispatched train"

Taz D
Oct 26 2012, 10:29 PM
Question referring to #2 - How will we know when new farms (17, 18 etc.) are released? If all we can see in the Real Estate Office are updates for CURRENT FARM. How are we to see new farms to buy and get to them ?
When a new farm is release like last time with farm 16 then the expansions for the farm you are one will appear and at the bottom of that list will be the first 12 x 12 section for the new farm.

ImTheRealElly
Oct 26 2012, 10:38 PM
The option is in the wrench tool (Preferences) below "Transparent dispatched train"

oh i see. thank you. i was looking in the box with the tools

adinar
Oct 26 2012, 10:59 PM
Raul, what is a "Ridding Camel Saddle"? Shouldn't that be a Camel Riding Saddle?
Thanks for the release...:D

i bet you by the time poor Raul typed out the list he must've been seeing in triplicate hehehehe that or he was feeling no pain hahaha:p

earlgray
Oct 26 2012, 11:07 PM

Of course, but that's not the point. Just like we have "add to storage" and "move" (or "edit") tools, it would be nice to have a tool to simply click on objects to hide them, without having to go into the menu. It would be much faster when you want to hide multiple items, and I've long wished for such a tool. Although - this new dimming feature (a great idea!) will take care of some of the instances when I want to hide things.

Daisy Mariposa
Oct 26 2012, 11:07 PM
Love the new tools but I too am sorry that we didn't get the train boost. Badly needed.

I forgot to mention last time around that the purple fishing boat is THE BEST.

earlgray
Oct 26 2012, 11:09 PM

Nope - 1 click to open the menu for each item, another to select the "hide" command. Two clicks per item, 100 clicks to hide 50 trees.

earlgray
Oct 26 2012, 11:42 PM

Apparently this only works on harvest/fishing/chopping sorts of tools, but not on seeding. It's absolutely wonderful, but when I'm planting seeds, it would be nice if only the plowed fields were visible too (some of them are behind trees, for example).

adinar
Oct 26 2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks very much Raul :D

ETA have now tried out the "Dim out Non relevant Items for Tools" and am absolutely loving that feature !!!
No more oil pumps, tools or tall crops hiding flowers, and easy to find harvestable trees amongst those not ready yet. :D :D :D

I tried it on my trees , flowers and fish oh my it works like a charm so much easier now no more hovering over the trees straining the eyes to see if I got them all I'm wondering though if that will work when i work on a farmers farm too?:) It is the best tool of any of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))) It saves so much time too :)) THANKS DEVS!!!!

KnightRider
Oct 26 2012, 11:52 PM
Apparently this only works on harvest/fishing/chopping sorts of tools, but not on seeding. It's absolutely wonderful, but when I'm planting seeds, it would be nice if only the plowed fields were visible too (some of them are behind trees, for example).

The tools I have found it works on is tree shaker, chainsaw, boat, green hand, and the bulldozer. Those are the tools that I have used and found that it works on. For the plots that is behind trees and stuff you will have to hide these items in the preferences. I am pretty sure that the flower shaker will work also.

KnightRider
Oct 27 2012, 12:02 AM
I tried it on my trees , flowers and fish oh my it works like a charm so much easier now no more hovering over the trees straining the eyes to see if I got them all I'm wondering though if that will work when i work on a farmers farm too?:) It is the best tool of any of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))) It saves so much time too :)) THANKS DEVS!!!!

I just did the trees on a neighbors farm and it worked on their farm also, everything was dimmed except for the trees that I was hired to do.

Gregh
Oct 27 2012, 12:04 AM
When you are hired for a job, only harvestable items are sharp and clear when you arrive on a farm. Great! Unfortunately, GONE TO WASTE CROPS do not seem to be considered harvestable - even though plowing dead crops under is a common task for hired hands.

The wasted crops do appear once you select your plow or combine, but a hired hand in a hurry may not notice the gone to waste crops. Devs may want to look into that as it's bound to cause misunderstandings down on the farm.

Dry flowers also appear dimmed.

Also trees that need the axe/chainsaw.

Presumably this is because these items can't be harvested with the default tool, the scythe.

bruhelmboldt
Oct 27 2012, 12:08 AM
Oops - another glitch, for me anyway. I upgraded farm 5 to 32x32, but the mouseover on the farm selector says 31x31 and I can't plow all the way to the edge - the outer part is unusable for any purpose I tried.

Taz D
Oct 27 2012, 12:12 AM
Oops - another glitch, for me anyway. I upgraded farm 5 to 32x32, but the mouseover on the farm selector says 31x31 and I can't plow all the way to the edge - the outer part is unusable for any purpose I tried.
This has been passed on to the developers. Here is a thread to watch for information on this glitch:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508930

Aussie Rae
Oct 27 2012, 01:17 AM
a great update, thank you!!!!!!!! love the dim out feature!!! and no more annoying pop ups asking me to go to anothers farm!!! wonderful!!!! :)

FarmerWitch
Oct 27 2012, 01:56 AM
Thanks so much for the upgrade - awesome stuff!

I am still looking forward to the train Boost, a Harvest/Plough in one click, Harvest/ Plough/ Plant in one click and hope that they are on your 'To-do' list for the next upgrade :-)

3. Extra Box/Product when Hiring Strangers from the Marketplace: To increase work availability in the marketplace we have decided to reward those who hire strangers (not a Buddy or neighbour) in the Marketplace. That is to say, if you go to the Marketplace to hire others you will receive an extra product (regular non-large box, fruits, flower, log or fish) in your storage for each product harvested. This will help employers having more products to load their facilities.

We generally do not have problems in the Market Place with finding people to Harvest and Plough, we do have problems getting someone to do the stuff which does not give Experience points (Shaking, Chopping, Fishing and Flowers)

maggiel29
Oct 27 2012, 02:05 AM
The tools I have found it works on is tree shaker, chainsaw, boat, green hand, and the bulldozer. Those are the tools that I have used and found that it works on. For the plots that is behind trees and stuff you will have to hide these items in the preferences. I am pretty sure that the flower shaker will work also.

It does it does - works like a charm with the flowers. The only tool I have found it doesnt work with is the seeder - any size. Really this is such a brilliant tool - thanks Raul - I am so pleased with this.

maggiel29
Oct 27 2012, 02:10 AM

There are always new release notes on here and usually later in a pop up when you start the game and just lately Ive noticed a post on Facebook in my news feed. However with Farm 16 it showed the first option to buy it when you were on any farm - only the subsequent upgrades needed you to be on that particular farm.

maggiel29
Oct 27 2012, 02:15 AM
Of course, but that's not the point. Just like we have "add to storage" and "move" (or "edit") tools, it would be nice to have a tool to simply click on objects to hide them, without having to go into the menu. It would be much faster when you want to hide multiple items, and I've long wished for such a tool. Although - this new dimming feature (a great idea!) will take care of some of the instances when I want to hide things.

I long wanted a hide tool as well - but the latest dimming option is a great piece of lateral thinking.

BTW Raul - change the "Ridding Camel Saddle"!! And the "Repile Tree" and the "Animal Crontrol Pole" - ha ha - I love the typos tho - give me a giggle

Majik Merlin
Oct 27 2012, 02:43 AM
I long wanted a hide tool as well - but the latest dimming option is a great piece of lateral thinking.

BTW Raul - change the "Ridding Camel Saddle"!! And the "Repile Tree" and the "Animal Crontrol Pole" - ha ha - I love the typos tho - give me a giggle

When making those corrections (if they do), maybe they can change the 'tow'mart to townmart.

Majik Merlin
Oct 27 2012, 03:00 AM
I just harvested my fruit trees with my shaker and did not notice any changes. What am I supposed to 'see' or not see as the case may be?

Electrox
Oct 27 2012, 03:03 AM
I did not upgrade any map. but tonight, i had one worker and did not get any crops to go into my storage on several crops. 35,000 mushroom,s and 35000 rice, 17672 g grapes, 17672 mint. all harvested before midnight. crops by another worker did go into storage.
corn, onions, garlic , and pepper.

ijago
Oct 27 2012, 03:40 AM
I lost a lot of factorys we i expanded to 32x32 will i get them back

pythonis
Oct 27 2012, 03:48 AM
I think this update will work great when working on those farms where the people just like to put things anywhere and everywhere.

Only thing is, when we hire someone how do we know what free stuff we got? Are we working on the honor system here?

Tony D
Oct 27 2012, 03:49 AM
I lost a lot of factorys we i expanded to 32x32 will i get them backHi there in information in this thread about the problem.

http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508930

pythonis
Oct 27 2012, 03:57 AM
Guys, you have to go into your preferences and check the "Dim out..." option

peekachoo
Oct 27 2012, 04:42 AM
" 5. Dim Out Non Relevant Items for Tools: This is a new preference in the Preference Window. Whenever you select a tool, items that are not relevant to that tool will be dimmed out so that you can have easier access to the items that you're actually going to work on. For example when you select the harvest tool you will only see harvestable items. When you select the fishing rod you will only see water items with grown fish on them. This will work when you are farming on your farms or other people farms. "

Thank you so much for this Raul, it's alot easier harvesting trees now, and I'm even finding ones that I thought I'd harvested yesterday, that hadn't been done.

And many thanks for all the hard work you do to keep everybody happy.

CynthiaSue
Oct 27 2012, 04:57 AM
Love the dim out switch. Really makes trees alot easier to do.

knolan
Oct 27 2012, 04:57 AM
Woo Hooo... So much more fun.

knolan
Oct 27 2012, 05:03 AM
They haven't learned about price=gouging. I personally feel they are taking advantage of addicts. I for one, find it hard to resist new items. It would be great to see the company make a right turn & consider the economy when determining the charges for new items. I would guess that many of those who play for extended hours may have lost their jobs, & are spending their last monies on gaming bcuz they're addicted.

KnightRider
Oct 27 2012, 05:24 AM
They haven't learned about price=gouging. I personally feel they are taking advantage of addicts. I for one, find it hard to resist new items. It would be great to see the company make a right turn & consider the economy when determining the charges for new items. I would guess that many of those who play for extended hours may have lost their jobs, & are spending their last monies on gaming bcuz they're addicted.

For price gouging you need to talk to Zynga about their games, I tried FV2 to see if they were any better, but still need to beg neighbors and use cash to be able to even play the game and be able to expand. With FT you can play with very little cash, you might not be able to get a lot of the facilities or the bigger tools, but you can still play and when they bring out new facilities they make 2 coin and 2 FC that is fair.

Mrs Mags
Oct 27 2012, 06:20 AM
Just wanted to say that the Dim out preference is awesome!! Way to go Devs. Thank you so much :)

debcorley
Oct 27 2012, 06:25 AM
love love love <3 the new dim out ....best thing you ever gave us :) THANK YOU !!!! x

maggiel29
Oct 27 2012, 07:18 AM
I just harvested my fruit trees with my shaker and did not notice any changes. What am I supposed to 'see' or not see as the case may be?

Try harvesting all but a couple here and there - select the green man or another tool and then go back to the tree shaker - you should see that the trees you already harvested are dimmed out and only the ones with fruit still on them are showing.

1fritz
Oct 27 2012, 07:46 AM
Just wanted to thank Raul and Devs for another great up date. Like the dimmer thing, the expanded farms, and the new tools.

Donna Haley
Oct 27 2012, 07:49 AM
the dim thingy is awsome when you have alot of trees and flowers i used it and did not mess any this time around claps her hands

Tokeloshe
Oct 27 2012, 08:24 AM
Awesome - thanks guys

cpruss52
Oct 27 2012, 08:56 AM
Love the dim option. Before I hid buildings, decorations and seasonal objects. Now I can enjoy the work people have done building their farms. Dim option ranks 2nd only to the turbo boat. Thanks developers!

ImajeanB
Oct 27 2012, 09:21 AM
Hi there,

I'm using mine and it's working fine.

Could you please double check your storage again and make sure that you own both the harvest/plow combine as well as the harvest/plant combine. Make sure you don't own two of the harvest/plow combines by mistake.

If you do have both, try taking them out of storage once more, save the game and completely exit the game. Then reload and put them back in again. See if it works this time. If not please provide a link to your farm showing in your post.

Thank you

Thanks...I rechecked and seems I had not bought this one. Bought it and now all are working good! Thanks so much for all the new tools and time savers like the dimmer!!!! You are all doing a fantastic job

Perry Leintz
Oct 27 2012, 09:21 AM
wow, the new updates are great as always, i did update one of my farms already, but it has a train on it and now it's not on the edge, it's two inches in, lol, and i can't move it for 7 days, sigh, did move the tracks tho, would be nice just to pick it up and put it where i want to, instead of having to wait to unload it, but a minor thing, thanx again :)

Petuniaflower
Oct 27 2012, 09:37 AM
Thank you for the new update.One thing,but I am going to pretend I don't notice.:rolleyes: The small child squatting thinks the small animals in cages are toys :D

servocrow
Oct 27 2012, 09:58 AM
Had to come back and say, "I LOVE THE DIMMER SWITCH!!!" It is awesome!!

:D

Petuniaflower
Oct 27 2012, 10:34 AM
I also Love the Dimmer Switch, My farms now have Valley Fog AYE!!!!!!

Bettasrock78
Oct 27 2012, 10:50 AM
Is there going to be new levels coming soon? Also how do I get the farm lots back in the realtor office (it just shows farm 16)?

TBear
Oct 27 2012, 10:56 AM
Thank you soooo much for the new additions. You have me spoiled now tho with the Turbo Fishing Boat. I'm waiting on some more turbo items (i.e. for trees & flowers LOL)

Gotta love this game!!!!!

bayoubes
Oct 27 2012, 10:57 AM
Love the dimmer, working with it this morning, works for all my tools except the plower. Usually have to hide trees and buildings, with the dimmer I wouldn't have to, but it doesn't work for plower. Is it just me or others have this issue too? (use 3x3 plower)
Never mind, found my answer. It only works with fc tools not coin tools. It didn't say that on the release, but any of my coin tools don't work for the dimmer, my hubby's either. So sad.

Bonnie Jo
Oct 27 2012, 11:15 AM
Love the dimmer, working with it this morning, works for all my tools except the plower. Usually have to hide trees and buildings, with the dimmer I wouldn't have to, but it doesn't work for plower. Is it just me or others have this issue too? (use 3x3 plower)
Never mind, found my answer. It only works with fc tools not coin tools. It didn't say that on the release, but any of my coin tools don't work for the dimmer, my hubby's either. So sad.
I just tested it on my dh's farms and the dimmer does work with the coin tools.

cbeckner80
Oct 27 2012, 11:29 AM
Really like the Dimmer option, but needs to include the seeders also. Thanks!

Rob T
Oct 27 2012, 11:32 AM
Is there going to be new levels coming soon? Also how do I get the farm lots back in the realtor office (it just shows farm 16)?

Hi, only the devs know when they're gonna release new levels. The realtors will show the expansions for the farm you are currently on when you goto the realtors. Goto the farm you want to upgrade, then to the realtors

steve2u42
Oct 27 2012, 11:34 AM
any idea when the train boost will be coming? been coming soon for a while now.
Thanks for all the new stuff. Its all awesome

Rendezvous Ranch
Oct 27 2012, 11:37 AM
Fix this issue please...it takes a long time to load "THE NEXT FARM" when helping a neighbor or someone in the market.

http://s7.postimage.org/jbz8r3p57/enqueing.jpg

I'm tired of bringing this up already.

http://s14.postimage.org/yo3qinye9/image.jpg

I have added this post, and the farm above is still not finished ENQUEUEING.

Here's the another farm doing the same thing.
http://i47.tinypic.com/15nvhus.jpg

As you can see, I have more than enough time to screen capture the images and post it here before any action takes place by the 'enqueueing' process.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2i793f9.jpg

Look at the XP count on each image as they are in sequence. One farm after another, the same issue...

http://i48.tinypic.com/1fjrkl.jpg

Good luck working the Market Place with the 8X8 combine because this is all you're going to see.

90% of the time you WILL be stuck on this screen!

barbara nixon
Oct 27 2012, 12:10 PM
love the new feature to dim everything but when u use the tool altho it is not working like it supposed to..worked on first 2 farms but still have to turn off trees when doing flowers planted between...maybe that will just have to be that way..love to get more expansion..was wonderin where i was gonna put my new factorys...have other plans for farm 17...lol..

Taz D
Oct 27 2012, 12:24 PM
As of the previous release you must go to the realtor from the farm you want to expand. So if you want to expand farm 4 you must be on farm 4 then go to the realtor office to see what expansions are available.

psycho_mommi
Oct 27 2012, 01:35 PM
love love love the dimmer!! also, idk if this was on purpose ior not, as its not in release notes, but the gifting got easier!! i used to have to keep scrolling down to what i wanted to exchange a gift for. example- i had 5 people send me trees, after i accept each, i would have to scroll down to hen after exchanging each tree, to get to the hen. NOW I DO NOT!! mu page stays on the hen, so after i hit exchange, my hen i want is right there!! WOOOT WOOOOTT!!! please please please please keep this permanent, this is awesome!!! thanks so much!!! :D:D:D

tharcicia
Oct 27 2012, 02:08 PM
I also just tested the dimmer while fishing and I love it! I am impressed!

maggiel29
Oct 27 2012, 02:10 PM
love the new feature to dim everything but when u use the tool altho it is not working like it supposed to..worked on first 2 farms but still have to turn off trees when doing flowers planted between...maybe that will just have to be that way..love to get more expansion..was wonderin where i was gonna put my new factorys...have other plans for farm 17...lol..

Yes - I have wall to wall trees in 8 x 8 blocks with flowers in between. It seems if there are only one or two close rows of trees it dims them enough but for lots like this it isnt transparent enough - too many layers. I really dont mind - it is no bother to turn of the trees on this farm to get the flowers and the dimmer is wonderful everywhere else.

maggiel29
Oct 27 2012, 02:11 PM
love love love the dimmer!! also, idk if this was on purpose ior not, as its not in release notes, but the gifting got easier!! i used to have to keep scrolling down to what i wanted to exchange a gift for. example- i had 5 people send me trees, after i accept each, i would have to scroll down to hen after exchanging each tree, to get to the hen. NOW I DO NOT!! mu page stays on the hen, so after i hit exchange, my hen i want is right there!! WOOOT WOOOOTT!!! please please please please keep this permanent, this is awesome!!! thanks so much!!! :D:D:D

PM you are a hoot!!! Actually I noticed this last week and I agree not having to keep scrolling down is great on the gifts exchange.

beverduster
Oct 27 2012, 02:27 PM
I do them in order to keep all of my farms connected when I put them together into one big picture, if I can't do my farm 1 then the train tracks on farms 2 and 4 will not line up correctly, below:

what do you no that the rest of us dont no? connect all farms so the train tracks line up, you lost me on that one

vicki kneese
Oct 27 2012, 02:51 PM
We love the new release as always, but...still no Train Boost and no new SEEDS or TREES....It's been a really long time...too long!! We should also be able to "trade in" some of the other tools we paid farm cash for, for the most recent ones at a discounted price

i so agree with that all the old tools do is waste space but you guys have done another awesome job

KnightRider
Oct 27 2012, 02:55 PM
what do you no that the rest of us dont no? connect all farms so the train tracks line up, you lost me on that one

With the paint program you can connect farms, it takes some work to get them to connect, You can see some of my old farms that has been connected in my forum picture album when you go into my profile page.

Farmer_Susan
Oct 27 2012, 03:28 PM
The dimmer is INCREDIBLY awesome! I hadn't even thought of that as a possibility and ZAP! Here it is. I also LOVE the fact that we can have even bigger farms. Everytime I think things have maxed out, we get more. And the Zoo and Seaquarium are totally awesome. I spent TONS on this upgrade. Was still at the 5x5 and just couldn't stand it anymore. Thanks so much for another wonderful upgrade.

JaneMarple9
Oct 27 2012, 03:34 PM
Great new things!

weedville
Oct 27 2012, 03:42 PM
Love the new dimer feature makes it fast and easy . Did scare me when I was fishing and then my sea coast went away after all the fish were gone . Was relieved when I went back to get another tool and they were all back

Deborah1979
Oct 27 2012, 04:27 PM
Just had to add my kudos to Raul and devs!! Great update.
Have not seen a lot of comments on the EXTRA PRODUCTS we get when we hire in the market!! It is SUPER! For those that don't have the fertilizer (manure spreader) it will double their crops, and for those of us that do fertilize, it will almost triple the production! How great is that!!
What a freebie! And didn't cost ONE COIN OR FC!! :D:D
THANKS!!
Deborah

Don't feed the beggers
Oct 27 2012, 04:42 PM
Fix this issue please...it takes a long time to load "THE NEXT FARM" when helping a neighbor or someone in the market.

As you can see, I have more than enough time to screen capture the images and post it here before any action takes place by the 'enqueueing' process.

Look at the XP count on each image as they are in sequence. One farm after another, the same issue...

Good luck working the Market Place with the 8X8 combine because this is all you're going to see.

90% of the time you WILL be stuck on this screen!

This has also been a REALLY BIG Problem for me today as well, not sure if its related to my new 8x8's or the update in general but it's getting old. If it is the new 8x8 I will get rid of em and go back to 6x6 its that bad.

Tony D
Oct 27 2012, 04:53 PM
This has also been a REALLY BIG Problem for me today as well, not sure if its related to my new 8x8's or the update in general but it's getting old. If it is the new 8x8 I will get rid of em and go back to 6x6 its that bad.Hi, I have only seen this when working on layered/staggered farms , do you have layering or staggered crops on your farm ?

Taz D
Oct 27 2012, 04:53 PM
This has also been a REALLY BIG Problem for me today as well, not sure if its related to my new 8x8's or the update in general but it's getting old. If it is the new 8x8 I will get rid of em and go back to 6x6 its that bad.
It could also be that since the release was only yesterday afternoon and it is the weekend then lots of people are on buying the new items and checking out the new release so the servers are loaded down. It should speed up in a few days after things settle down.

Deb8454
Oct 27 2012, 05:21 PM
I love all the updates...can't wait for the next one :) one thing...we have monkey and hippo food but no one to feed it to???? will these animals be coming soon to our zoo

Yude
Oct 27 2012, 05:23 PM
WOW! The Dim Out Non Relevant Items for Tools is an act of genius! Thank you! It works sensational! :-)

Taz D
Oct 27 2012, 06:10 PM
Raul you changed "Ridding Camel Saddle" to Camel Riding Saddle in this announcement, but it needs to be changed in the Zoo Factory and Zoo too...:D

deena69
Oct 27 2012, 06:45 PM
lol, just had to point this out, in the zoo factory are two items, the repile tree and the ridding camel saddle, are they deliberate or did some one just misspell them??
thenks
Deena

Don't feed the beggers
Oct 27 2012, 08:05 PM
Hi, I have only seen this when working on layered/staggered farms , do you have layering or staggered crops on your farm ?

Yes I do however its on OTHER peoples farm that I am having the problem, NOT my own. Nor does it matter if their farms are single or layered...its all farm where the issue is

gramme65
Oct 27 2012, 08:11 PM
It is wonderful that "Random pop-up dialogs to Tend farms removed" this has been removed...I have been seriously thinking about leaving this game. Zyanga is getting to aggressive. I left one of their other games. Today when I saw this update I looked at the new tools and was TEMPTED to get the 64 tools BUT...since "Random pop-up dialogs to Tend farms removed" but NOT the ADVERTISING VIDEOS that pop up EVERY TIME I start the game or go to the gift page I am reconsidering and once again thinking about LEAVING...
PLEASE tell the dev's that although I understand they need to make money many of us buy stuff and to have to put up with a 15 second screen from an advertiser is ANNOYING... it doesn't appear to be facebook only on the zyanga games...:(

Gregh
Oct 27 2012, 08:21 PM
ADVERTISING VIDEOS that pop up EVERY TIME I start the game or go to the gift page
to have to put up with a 15 second screen from an advertiser is ANNOYING... it doesn't appear to be facebook only on the zyanga games...:(

gramme65, most of us don't get 15-second advertising videos when we enter the game. You are almost certainly the victim of some form of adware that is installed on your computer.

Pesto Farmer
Oct 27 2012, 08:24 PM
:)This feature is stunning - tysm!!!

RoyalGranny
Oct 27 2012, 08:40 PM
I want to add my 2 cents to this -- the dim out feature is WONDERFUL! I LOVE IT! Thanks so much, and keep up the good work!

LoreneC
Oct 27 2012, 08:59 PM
It is wonderful that "Random pop-up dialogs to Tend farms removed" this has been removed...I have been seriously thinking about leaving this game. Zyanga is getting to aggressive. I left one of their other games. Today when I saw this update I looked at the new tools and was TEMPTED to get the 64 tools BUT...since "Random pop-up dialogs to Tend farms removed" but NOT the ADVERTISING VIDEOS that pop up EVERY TIME I start the game or go to the gift page I am reconsidering and once again thinking about LEAVING...
PLEASE tell the dev's that although I understand they need to make money many of us buy stuff and to have to put up with a 15 second screen from an advertiser is ANNOYING... it doesn't appear to be facebook only on the zyanga games...:(

Do you know someone who can help you clean this off your computer? I do not believe it is coming from the game. I never get them.

bayoubes
Oct 27 2012, 10:06 PM

You must be confusing farmtown with another game, this is not a Zyanga game, thank goodness for that, it's a Slashkey game. There are no video pop up in this game. Main reason I don't play Zyanga games anymore and will play farm town.

calnorm
Oct 27 2012, 10:13 PM
1. Halloween Items (2 weeks ago) and 4 new Fences (Straw, Bamboo, Golden and Grapevine).

Cool – can never have enough new decorations. Thanks.

2. 32 x 32 Farm Expansions for farms 1 - 5: Here are the prices -> 4,000,000,000 Coins or 30 FarmCash.

These will be fine for the lighter farms. Thanks.

The extra crops are a HUGE bonus! Triple thanks. Have to wonder though, how it's going to effect the mad-house that already is, the market place. Of all the work getting others to harvest and plow is one of the less difficult positions to fill, it's still a mission though and can be totally frustrating getting reliable help, hence so many hire neighbors or do the work themselves. It would be really helpful if the hiring process could be stream-lined a lot more. It's also difficult to get people to do the other jobs too.

4. 8x8 tools: Harvester, Seeder, Plower, Harvest-Plow Combine and Harvest-Plant Combine are now available in 8x8 mode, this will allow you to perform farming operations over 64 fields at a time, almost twice as with 6x6 tools.

Thanks. Really need these but what about a big bulldozer??? Really need one of these and chainsaws, flower harvesters and shakers etc. Might help getting workers from the market if they had bigger tools to use.

Excellent new feature. Nice surprise. Thanks!

6. Minigames Prizes (Coming Next Week): When you play any of the 7 minigames you will now have the chance to win coins and ingredients based on your performance. You will be able to earn up to a certain amount of coins and ingredient daily, that amount will increase as you move up your FarmTown level. Users on level 200 or higher will be able to make 1,000,000 coins in Practice mode and another 1,000,000 in multiplayer mode for each Minigame.

Zzzz, lol.

7. Random pop-up dialogs to Tend farms removed: People on higher levels (greater than 50) will not see any more random dialogs popping up about your neighbour farms needing tend, these dialogs are not very helpful anymore for advanced users and gets in the way.

Cool.

8. Hide Items Faster: When you Hide items individually using the 'Hide' menu option the confirmation popup that shows up will now appear only once per session.

Great.

9. Zoo Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Zoo Supplies.

Reptile Tree
Tortoise Playpen
Animal Control Pole
Camel Riding Saddle
Binocular
Food Dispenser
Monkey Food
Hippo Food

10. Seaquarium Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Seaquarium Supplies.

Fish Tank Decor
Fish Tank
Treat Reward Container
Water Valve
Algae Cleaner
Marine Stretcher
Wavemaker
Underwater Helmet

New products on other facilities:

Seal Food, Dolphin Food and Killer Whale Food in the Frozen Food Factory

11. Zoo (coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Curry Comb
Bottle Mounted Vaccinator
Reptile Tree
Tortoise Playpen
Animal Control Pole
Camel Riding Saddle
Binocular
Food Dispenser
Monkey Food
Hippo Food

12. Seaquarium (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Seals Food
Dolphins Food
Killer Whales Food
Fish Tank Decor
Fish Tank
Treat Reward Container
Water Valve
Algae Cleaner
Marine Stretcher
Wavemaker
Underwater Helmet

Boo – still really need to increase the output of a lot of essential goods in factories. Also badly need a search bar in the facility manager so it's easier to restock essential goods.

:)

KnightRider
Oct 27 2012, 10:48 PM

gramme65, most of us don't get 15-second advertising videos when we enter the game. You are almost certainly the victim of some form of adware that is installed on your computer.

Gregh is right, FT doesn't use ad's like this, you must have downloaded some adware and should run virus/adware removal program. I do agree that Zynga is too agressive and greedy, they have many games to get money from unlike Slashkey which only has Farm Town to make their money.

Farm Lady
Oct 27 2012, 11:41 PM
Thank you! I am so loving doing my flower and tree farms with the new 'dim out' feature. It is really brilliant!

texlady
Oct 28 2012, 12:19 AM
New release is out and once again, I can't WORK neighbors facilities or services-only TEND. This happens every time a new release comes out-please help. Yes-have done ALL SUGGESTIONS AND LINKS, AS USUAL!

crzy_ladee
Oct 28 2012, 02:31 AM
i dispatched my train 2 days before the release was released, and now it says i have 7 more days to wait! train is on farm 6, please help!!!!

crzy_ladee
Oct 28 2012, 02:34 AM
and WHY does it take 5 sheep wool to make 4 rolls? ur math dont add up. love that dim feature tho, that is AWESOME!!!

marwahr55
Oct 28 2012, 03:08 AM
Simply love the dim feature ... best thing yet on FT!!!! :)

One small complaint, or can I say suggestion ... with the winter pond can we possibly have 2 features - one with the tree and one w/o the tree? Love the ice fishing house, but that tree just simply needs to go.

Again thanks for keeping us entertained on FT. :)

Gregh
Oct 28 2012, 03:24 AM
Previously you could select the boat or rod and hover over waters to see how close to ready they were. It would tell you, say, "0 Fish - XXXX Bait, Rest 95% Grown". With the new release empty waters dim out until they're ready to fish! (I have the turbo boat so there are never any partially-fished waters, they're either full or empty.)

If you have a non-fishing tool selected you can see the water, of course, but it just tells you "0 Fish - XXXX Bait".

Could the Devs figure out a new way to tell us how long till the fish are ready?

Electrox
Oct 28 2012, 06:32 AM
Each water has a set hours till you can fish again. FC water is 8 hrs, so 50% is 4 hrs. coin water varies I think.

Gregh
Oct 28 2012, 07:04 AM
Each water has a set hours till you can fish again. FC water is 8 hrs, so 50% is 4 hrs. coin water varies I think.

FC waters take 8 hours, coin waters take 20 hours; but if you're trying to calculate readiness by the clock, you have to remember when you fished 'em last. I long ago stopped writing down crop and harvest timetables. Simpler to hover the boat and see exactly how close they are - which is, alas, the functionality we have lost and which I was asking the Devs to restore.

sod farmer
Oct 28 2012, 08:47 AM
For the devs: When you release new facilities, please consider including what tools can be used for that facility. The game guide has not been updated for tools since May, and knowing what tools (conveyors, workbenches, etc.) are associated with each new facility would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Mrs Mags
Oct 28 2012, 08:49 AM
Hi. Can someone jog my memory please. I haven't hired at the market place for a while.....when hiring from the market palace..do you get the same amount of XP for hiring someone to Plow as you do if you Plow yourself, or are the XP point split between 2 people when you hire someone. (Hope that makes sense)

sod farmer
Oct 28 2012, 08:56 AM
Previously you could select the boat or rod and hover over waters to see how close to ready they were. It would tell you, say, "0 Fish - XXXX Bait, Rest 95% Grown". With the new release empty waters dim out until they're ready to fish! (I have the turbo boat so there are never any partially-fished waters, they're either full or empty.)

If you have a non-fishing tool selected you can see the water, of course, but it just tells you "0 Fish - XXXX Bait".

Could the Devs figure out a new way to tell us how long till the fish are ready?

Are you asking to be able to see how close to ready the ponds are when they are dimmed out? The functionality is still there (for me) when they are NOT dimmed out.

Tony D
Oct 28 2012, 08:58 AM
Hi. Can someone jog my memory please. I haven't hired at the market place for a while.....when hiring from the market palace..do you get the same amount of XP for hiring someone to Plow as you do if you Plow yourself, or are the XP point split between 2 people when you hire someone. (Hope that makes sense)
Thanks :)Hi , yes you get the same amount of experience points when you hire to plough as when you do it yourself (1 xp). As for the hired workers, it is simply a matter of whoever does the ploughing of a particular plot gets the xp .

Mrs Mags
Oct 28 2012, 09:05 AM
Hi , yes you get the same amount of experience points when you hire to plough as when you do it yourself (1 xp). As for the hired workers, it is simply a matter of whoever does the ploughing of a particular plot gets the xp .

Thanks Tony :)

1fritz
Oct 28 2012, 09:49 AM
Really like the dim out feature. It works great on all my farms except the orchard. I have trees in 8 x 8 plots covering most of the farm. Flowers planted between the trees and plowed fields filling the rest. No overlapping layering.

What I noticed is when I select the dim out feature it slows the game down, way down. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this??

maggiel29
Oct 28 2012, 12:28 PM
Love the dimmer tool but just noticed a small problem when working on a neighbours farm. When the harvest tool is selected the harvestable fruit trees and flowers are not dimmed out and some are in the way of the crops. I would not use the crop harvester to do trees or flowers so is it possible to get these to dim when the crop harvester is selected. This does not happen with either type of combine tool.

Taz D
Oct 28 2012, 01:51 PM
Love the dimmer tool but just noticed a small problem when working on a neighbours farm. When the harvest tool is selected the harvestable fruit trees and flowers are not dimmed out and some are in the way of the crops. I would not use the crop harvester to do trees or flowers so is it possible to get these to dim when the crop harvester is selected. This does not happen with either type of combine tool.
Maggie if you are meaning the sickle that tool can actually be used for crops, harvestable trees and flowers so none of those would dim out.

AlleyCat
Oct 28 2012, 01:53 PM
Weeee!!!! Thanks a lot :)

andersonmtm
Oct 28 2012, 03:37 PM
Love the new releases. I have one little problem that I'm not sure how to correct. I posted my facilities on Friday and people are still working them on Sunday. How can I stop this as this is depleting my storage.

Rob T
Oct 28 2012, 03:39 PM
Love the new releases. I have one little problem that I'm not sure how to correct. I posted my facilities on Friday and people are still working them on Sunday. How can I stop this as this is depleting my storage.

Hi, the best way is to remove the posts from your timeline when you don't want them worked on anymore

kataltay
Oct 28 2012, 04:40 PM
Many great things in this new update, and the dimming option is my favourite. It makes working some farms an absolute breeze now!! And it also makes working some of my own a wonderfully easy task, no more having to hide trees to find flowers, or hiding flowers to find water, etc. Fantastic idea, this!!!!!!
Also, Thank You for bringing back the ability to buy multiple items without the first having to be fully loaded onto the farm. I had missed that since it was gone, and am thrilled that less time is now spent waiting for one tree, flower, etc to fully load before I can buy another.
Loving that our farms can go to 32x32 now, too!! (At least the first 5 so far). Makes me very happy, as it gives me another excuse to redecorate. Thank you for these expansions.

The 64x tools are going to be my one source of negative feedback. All these seeders, harvesters, planters and plows that we have had to buy with each size upgrade simply take up room in our storage, and we have been paying pretty heftily to stock our storage with tools we will never use, once we buy the ultimate combine. Is it possible, for future size upgrades, to give us a bit of a financial break on these tools?? 180 Farmcash is quite a lot, when really we all most likely only want the combine. And considering there are facilities in this update which cost Farmcash, and land expansions, unless farmers have billions and billions of coins (which I surely don't) which cost farmcash, this update can easily cost 250 farmcash.

I have no problem paying for the facilities and services, and never have. I also have managed to build up to owning the combines of past sizes, albeit not easily, and not in one fell swoop. It just would be great to get a bit of a break for buying them all.

When players expressed problems with funeral homes and items for them, our developers did a very sensitive and compassionate thing, and enabled these items to be disabled.

Would there be some of that compassion left over to listen to those of us who struggle financially, but love the game and remain loyal to it?

All in all I am very happy with this update, and have had no technical problems because of it. Kudos to the developers once again!! :D

maggiel29
Oct 28 2012, 07:02 PM
Maggie if you are meaning the sickle that tool can actually be used for crops, harvestable trees and flowers so none of those would dim out.

No its not just the sickle its the harvesters as well - all of them.

Pustekuchen
Oct 28 2012, 07:03 PM
So, having spent 180 cash on a tool that allows me to harvest and plow a neighbor's farm in about a minute only to having to wait about 5 minutes to get to the next farm???:mad::mad::mad:

Gregh
Oct 28 2012, 07:07 PM
Are you asking to be able to see how close to ready the ponds are when they are dimmed out? The functionality is still there (for me) when they are NOT dimmed out.

Actually I wasn't asking for any specific solution. If you want a specific solution, I imagine the simplest fix would be to move the "Rest x% Grown" display from when you select a water with the boat or rod, over to when you select a water without any tool active. However, the devs know their code best so I just stated the problem I'd observed and left the exact solution to them.

I have the turbo boat. If a water is not dimmed, it is 100% and I fish it. After I fish it, the water is empty. When a water is empty, it is dimmed out. My waters are either 100% and ready to fish, or they are dimmed out.

calnorm
Oct 28 2012, 07:20 PM
i had a tonne of work to get through this morning but when a neighbor offered to do it all for me and DESPITE losing 15000 extra boxes of produce by not hiring a random from the market ... the offer was too good to pass up. neighbor saved me 3 hours of begging and scraping at the market. if we had bigger bulldozers we'd have more time to go to the market. :cool:

Santmyer
Oct 28 2012, 07:54 PM
Just curious why are the new farm expansions referred to as 32x32 when there are actually 42x42 planting plots on each of the farms 1-5? Is the size based on inches instead? I have played Farm Town for 3 and a half years and have wondered about the measurement standards often. It would seem to be less confusing if this were changed.

Gregh
Oct 28 2012, 08:36 PM
When Farm Town was first released, fields had a green space along two sides. A field was 3x3 plus the green space = 4x4. Thus a 12x12 farm had room for only 12 fields along each edge. Then the devs gave us the "remove space between fields" preference. That allowed an extra 4 fields, or 16 fields along each edge, for a 12x12 farm. Even today, if you clear the "remove space" tickbox you can still only fit 12 fields. Scale up to 32x32 and with spaces removed, you can fit 42 fields along each edge. Actually it's 42.6667 (128/3) but you can't plow 2/3 of a field - all 9 pixels have to fit on the farm.

Few advanced players have spaces between their fields - but the terminology got embedded early on and has never been changed.

Docperk
Oct 28 2012, 09:49 PM
i had a tonne of work to get through this morning but when a neighbor offered to do it all for me and DESPITE losing 15000 extra boxes of produce by not hiring a random from the market ... the offer was too good to pass up. neighbor saved me 3 hours of begging and scraping at the market. if we had bigger bulldozers we'd have more time to go to the market. :cool:

I would like to see the DEVs come up with a reward to the worker if they complete everything they are are hired to do. I really hate having to make 5 or 6 trips to the market to get the same job done over and over again.
On the larger bulldozer yes I agree I have gotten 6x6 and 8x8 on the other tool but our bulldozer is still at 5x5 can we get some help here to please?

lynchrhonda@hotmail.com
Oct 28 2012, 10:43 PM
I would love to see something to encourage workers to not just put there status on ie: Hiring pink etc, but also to finish job....so many accept hire then quit when they find out how many farms or how large the job is. Any ideas are welcome....:)

onamission
Oct 29 2012, 12:21 AM

I'm one of those players who loves to have some low level neighbours so that I can help them along. I love to see them go up through the levels, decorate their farms, and I give them hints and tips about the game so that they enjoy playing and derive more satisfaction because they learn how to do things a lot quicker than I did when I was a beginner.

I also give them work on my farm to boost their coin and xp, both of which are a big focus for them. While they are on my farm we often have a chat and that's when I share how to do something, or maybe a quicker way and they go away happy. Makes me happy too as I know that they will enjoy playing even more. We also get to know each other and some delightful FB friendships have developed as a result.

I've always liked to spread the word on the nifty enhancements in new releases (doing that now with that fantabulous dim option!), that's the way I'm wired and I won't be changing.

And I'm in the minority of players who come to the forums to find the solution to issues and the answers to questions so the info I pass along is correct to the best of my ability to read and relate. I also copy the link to a post with the relevant info and paste it to that person if I consider that to be helpful.

BUT, now I'm being tempted to hire from the market instead of giving the work to my low level neighs because I want those extra boxes of harvests. I've already done so a couple of times when I was running low on some crops.

I suggest that players like myself shouldn't be disadvantaged because of what we do. From a business point of view I would look at players like me as pure gold and a valuable asset - long term FT lovers and probably addicts lol; taking new players under our wing which increases the possibility of their continuing to play and enjoy thereby increasing the number of long-term players. Most of us probably buy farm cash (I do) to increase our own enjoyment simply because we love the game and want it to be as pleasant to play as is within our power.

My suggestion is for us to be rewarded just the same as the market hirers. How about giving the same reward to neighbours who hire low level neighs? Maybe have a cut-off point at what you would consider as a reasonable level, but making sure you're giving we mentors time to impart our knowledge and to boost them along as well.

I encourage my "chicks" to work at the market so it's not about hanging on to them. Rather the opposite cos I love to see em play as many aspects of the game as is possible for them to do. I work at the market too and that's where I meet most of my new neighbours these days. That's one of the things that I've always loved about FT - the social aspect.

Please don't disrupt our love of mentoring with a disadvantage which as far as I can see will have two distinct effects on your business. One, it will decrease our overall enjoyment from playing because mentoring is a big part of that enjoyment, and two, you will lose some players who would otherwise have continued to play had they learnt how to play well.

Lastly, if u think my suggestion has merit, please make the change as quickly as possible so this new disadvantage doesn't "set" into a change in our hiring perspective.

Love the game and that dim option is up there with the green glove!

cheers :)

KnightRider
Oct 29 2012, 12:47 AM
My suggestion is for us to be rewarded just the same as the market hirers. How about giving the same reward to neighbours who hire low level neighs? Maybe have a cut-off point at what you would consider as a reasonable level, but making sure you're giving we mentors time to impart our knowledge and to boost them along as well.

Lastly, if u think my suggestion has merit, please make the change as quickly as possible so this new disadvantage doesn't "set" into a change in our hiring perspective.

If they did that then people would quit going to the marketplace and that is why the change was made to get people into the marketplace to hire, but you could suggest it in the suggestion section and maybe in a few months or so they might do something like that.

Aussie Rae
Oct 29 2012, 12:48 AM

Its simple, just uncheck the box in preferences and then you can check to see how long til the fish are ready...you can then go back and check the box again..

Gregh
Oct 29 2012, 01:26 AM
Its simple, just uncheck the box in preferences

Thank you. That is a perfectly good suggestion, as a workaround, but it's not a solution. It leaves the waters as the odd man out.

Turning the new feature off to see how long before something is ready is not required for any other item. When you click the green man, everything is visible and you can see how long till a tree, flower or crop is ready by hovering over it; but not a water. To see how long before a water is ready you need to select the boat or rod, and the new feature breaks that functionality by dimming the water.

Previously this wasn't such an issue because you just clicked on the boat instead of the green man. No hassle, no time lost.

Now, to see how long till a crop, flower or tree is ready: click the green man and hover over the item.

Now, to see how long till a water is ready (using the workaround): Open Preferences, untick the dim option, close Preferences, click the boat and hover over the item.

It's a minor thing, I'll grant you, but it jars.

onamission
Oct 29 2012, 01:56 AM
If they did that then people would quit going to the marketplace and that is why the change was made to get people into the marketplace to hire, but you could suggest it in the suggestion section and maybe in a few months or so they might do something like that.

I chose to post my suggestion along with the reasons in this thread cos it's relevant to the new release and also with the hope of promoting thought and discussion. I think it's best to discuss it now when the changes are new while we're thinking about how the changes affect us.

I suggested that it apply to only farmers with low level neighs like myself, and also with a cut-off point, so there would still be plenty of farmers going to the market. And when the low-level players do go to the market they will be better skilled at being good workers too.

My post is the seed of an idea. I'm hoping the devs will take it up and refine it if they think it has merit.

KnightRider
Oct 29 2012, 02:10 AM
I chose to post my suggestion along with the reasons in this thread cos it's relevant to the new release and also with the hope of promoting thought and discussion. I think it's best to discuss it now when the changes are new while we're thinking about how the changes affect us.

I suggested that it apply to only farmers with low level neighs like myself, and also with a cut-off point, so there would still be plenty of farmers going to the market. And when the low-level players do go to the market they will be better skilled at being good workers too.

My post is the seed of an idea. I'm hoping the devs will take it up and refine it if they think it has merit.

They probably won't do anything with it since it is not in the suggestion thread, this thread is mainly to discuss the new release and find any problems with the program that needs to be fixed before they work on the next new release and since your idea is not a problem with the new release but a suggestion that is related to what was in the new release they will not change it. That is why it should be put in the suggestion thread so that they can look at it for maybe a future release.

onamission
Oct 29 2012, 03:13 AM
They probably won't do anything with it since it is not in the suggestion thread, this thread is mainly to discuss the new release and find any problems with the program that needs to be fixed before they work on the next new release and since your idea is not a problem with the new release but a suggestion that is related to what was in the new release they will not change it. That is why it should be put in the suggestion thread so that they can look at it for maybe a future release.

Not expecting an immediate tweak, just want to bring it to the attention of devs and players alike.

I'll post it in the suggestion thread as well. Thanks for the advice.

maggiel29
Oct 29 2012, 05:55 AM
Just an extra note about the dimmer - which I still love BTW. The seeder tools - all of them incl the new 64 plot one - dont hide anything when sewing crops. As I get someone to harvest and plow for me I usually use the seeders and I still have to manually hide trees, buildings,flowers,decorations etc. Please can the seeders hide everything but crops?

FarmerWitch
Oct 29 2012, 07:08 AM
I have to say the dimmer option is Awesome!

StoneFace
Oct 29 2012, 07:25 AM
so... I went to the market and hired, just to see how much better it might be.

One farm of onions, 9x staggered crops fertilized... normal yield... 7,650

hired one worker to harvest and plow, my inventory increased by 14,254

One farm of wheat, 9x staggered crops fertilized... normal yield.... 8,266

hired same worker to harvest and plow, my inventory increased by.. 14, 446

hmm ...

not bad as long as the worker hired does not quit or does not say they have tools when they do not.

Texas Star
Oct 29 2012, 11:26 AM
This is a great release! Love the dimmer!

Just thought I would mention... I just completed my 255th quest...have been keeping a list from the first just for fun... The message is still saying Coming Soon Mayor may award FarmCash or ingredients.... Coming Soon? maybe should change to ...Coming Someday... or Eventually?

The Booster for the train also says Coming Soon....

beverduster
Oct 29 2012, 12:07 PM
why does it take a whole cow to make 1 hamburger? i would like to no why the shortage on meat and the ores

KnightRider
Oct 29 2012, 01:26 PM
This is a great release! Love the dimmer!

Just thought I would mention... I just completed my 255th quest...have been keeping a list from the first just for fun... The message is still saying Coming Soon Mayor may award FarmCash or ingredients.... Coming Soon? maybe should change to ...Coming Someday... or Eventually?

The Booster for the train also says Coming Soon....

It says on the train coming soon, but it doesn't say coming soon on the quests, it says "In the future the Mayor might occasionally award you 1 FarmCash and/or ingredients based on your performance in previous Quests", the future is anytime.

hsdasher@centurylink.net
Oct 29 2012, 02:31 PM
I have all 16 Farms and would like to upgrade 16 yo 32X32-won't let me - Why

Tiger
Oct 29 2012, 02:34 PM
I have all 16 Farms and would like to upgrade 16 yo 32X32-won't let me - Why

You can only upgrade farms 1 through 5 to 32x32 at this time. The rest will probably be released over the next few updates.

sod farmer
Oct 29 2012, 04:23 PM
why does it take a whole cow to make 1 hamburger? i would like to no why the shortage on meat and the ores

It takes one meat (not a cow) per batch - there are 4 burgers per batch.

If you have reached the 6th dan on the products using meat, and own the ordering station, you need one semi-trailer truck. If you are experiencing meat shortages, you have more than one of each facility that uses meat as an ingredient.

The open pit mine is a coin facility, you should not have any shortages there.

Docperk
Oct 29 2012, 10:27 PM
so... I went to the market and hired, just to see how much better it might be.

One farm of onions, 9x staggered crops fertilized... normal yield... 7,650

hired one worker to harvest and plow, my inventory increased by 14,254

One farm of wheat, 9x staggered crops fertilized... normal yield.... 8,266

hired same worker to harvest and plow, my inventory increased by.. 14, 446

hmm ...

not bad as long as the worker hired does not quit or does not say they have tools when they do not.

I think I am confused, what was the difference in you getting normal yeild and getting the increase?

psycho_mommi
Oct 29 2012, 10:34 PM
anyone having workers kicked off repeatedly tonight? or getting server errors?

psycho_mommi
Oct 29 2012, 10:35 PM
I think I am confused, what was the difference in you getting normal yeild and getting the increase?

this is a new benefit of hiring strangers from the market, as opposed to hiring a neighbor or friend to do it.

StoneFace
Oct 30 2012, 07:17 AM

Not sure what the percentage is, or whether it is affected by fertilizer or not... but the increase in inventory was WAY more than the actual number harvested. I have seen others post that they get a lot more "bonus" if they hire a stranger in the market.

The devs did this to encourage more of us to use workers at the market.

That is all fine and good ... IF.... the workers actually work. I used strangers later, on other crops, and some would harvest, then plow (no combine, but this is okay with me)... some would do part of the job and quit (or perhaps were kicked off), some would just grab some crop randomly, and leave.

so... the bonus is nice... but it depends on the worker. So far, some are worthless.

Jean's Farm
Oct 30 2012, 08:00 AM
It takes one meat (not a cow) per batch - there are 4 burgers per batch.

If you have reached the 6th dan on the products using meat, and own the ordering station, you need one semi-trailer truck. If you are experiencing meat shortages, you have more than one of each facility that uses meat as an ingredient.

The open pit mine is a coin facility, you should not have any shortages there.

I am going to chime in here....

I have reached the 6th dan and have posted meat and chicken every time. I have only one each of the facs that use meat and chicken. I have the ordering station and 4 semi trucks and I still run out of meat and chicken and I don't load my facs much more than once a week!!!!!!!!!!

I have 4 open pit mines and I was running out until I bought the 4th one!!!

The only way I solved the problem was to not post my facs for about 4 weeks and exchanged all my gifts for chicken or meat. Hopefully that will hold me and the trucks will keep up now. ;)

I see a lot of other posts in different places from people not having enough meat or chicken.

Rendezvous Ranch
Oct 30 2012, 10:02 AM
THIS IS STILL AN ONGOING ISSUE WITH THE 8X8 TOOLS, so I am reposting it to get the developer's ATTENTION.

Good luck working the Market Place with the 8X8 combine, because this is all you're going to see. 90% of the time, you WILL be stuck on this screen!

I am reposting it to get the developer's ATTENTION.

Taz D
Oct 30 2012, 10:11 AM
THIS IS STILL AN ONGOING ISSUE WITH THE 8X8 TOOLS, so I am reposting it to get the developer's ATTENTION.

Good luck working the Market Place with the 8X8 combine, because this is all you're going to see. 90% of the time, you WILL be stuck on this screen!

I am reposting it to get the developer's ATTENTION.
Try clicking on the Save button and the enqueing will go away faster. I don't think it is just because of using the 8x8 tools. Things are slower at the moment because more people are on for the new release. The servers are bogged down because of the number of people on at once.

Rendezvous Ranch
Oct 30 2012, 10:23 AM
The problem arises after doing some work with the 8X8 combine then going from one farm to another; working for people from the MarketPlace

I don't have this issue working on my own farm.

By the way - I always click the 'SAVE icon' before I exit to work on the next farm and it doesn't help, if anything at all.

I have uploaded the two images below, posted them here, and I am STILL ENQUEUEING THE NEXT FARM.

http://i50.tinypic.com/34xgq44.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/sg0daq.jpg

Look at the XP count, it's still the same.

Taz D
Oct 30 2012, 10:52 AM
The problem arises after doing some work with the 8X8 combine then going from one farm to another; working for people from the MarketPlace

I don't have this issue working on my own farm.

By the way - I always click the 'SAVE icon' before I exit to work on the next farm and it doesn't help, if anything at all.

I have uploaded the two images below, posted them here, and I am STILL ENQUEUEING THE NEXT FARM.

Look at the XP count, it's still the same.
If those farms are heavily loaded with layered fields or just a lot of items on the farm then they will be slower loading. You don't know how much they have until the farm completes loading. There isn't anything that Farm Town can do to help with those. If you have the dimming feature turned on this also adds to the slowness.

Rendezvous Ranch
Oct 30 2012, 11:06 AM
Instead of spending my money on this game, I will spend it elsewhere if there isn't anything that Farm Town can do to help with this issue.

steve2u42
Oct 30 2012, 12:22 PM
The black screen in the middle of the field i am working says engueueing________ pretty much stays there till i click save or go to next field. Is this because of the new tools? Is someone looking into getting this fixed?

docmm6
Oct 30 2012, 03:51 PM
Ok just found a problem. I was trying to buy sheep and llamas for a new shed but when I go to place the animal on the farm they disappear but my coins are taken. Don't know how long this has been happening since I haven't bought animals in quite awhile., so don't know if this is from this update or before.