PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- December 22nd, 2012

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Dec 22 2012, 06:13 PM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Jan 7th, 5:50PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. Holiday Items (2 weeks ago) and 7 new Winter People (this Release)

2. 15 New Levels: There are only 15 new levels this time but you will receive 2 FC for each level for a max total of 30. This is a one time thing only, future releases will continue in 25 levels increment and 1 FC per level. Top level is now 400.

3. Farm 17: Here are the prices in coins (FC prices remains the same):

12 x 12 Farm 16: 17000000
14 x 14 Upgrade: 14000000
16 x 16 Upgrade: 15000000
18 x 18 Upgrade: 16000000
20 x 20 Upgrade: 2100000000
22 x 22 Upgrade: 2200000000
24 x 24 Upgrade: 2300000000
26 x 26 Upgrade: 3000000000
28 x 28 Upgrade: 5000000000
30 x 30 Upgrade: 4000000000

4. Belts and Dans for Facility Products: The next 10 Facilities (in order of appearance in the Store) now have Belts and Dans enabled for each product. With each Belt or Dan you achieve you will increase your chances of getting a "free" Batch automatically for every Batch you start from that point on.

Free Batches means that a new Batch is sent to production without consuming any ingredients or coins. See December 30th Release Post for the benefit % table.

5. Tree Shaker 12 x 8 (FC): If you already own the Tree Shaker 8 x 8, then you can by this new Tree Shaker to harvest faster, up to 96 at a time.

6. Job completion bonus for employees when Hired by Strangers in the Marketplace: To increase workforce availability in the marketplace and to improve the quality of the work performed by employees, we have decided to duplicate the potential benefits for those employees. For example if an employee is hired to plow by another farmer and earn 1000 XP and 5000 coins, if that employee complete the job fully in the farm, meaning there is no more plow to be done, then ONLY at that time the employee will have the option to collect a special bonus of an additional 5000 coins and 1000 XP.

The same applies for other types of work, in summary, employees have the option to duplicate their benefits but only if the job that he was hire for is completed fully on a particular farm. The employee is responsible for collecting the bonus on each farm by clicking the Chest icon on the top-left.

7. Time Manager: There is a new (clock) icon in the extended tool bar that will provide timing information for different areas in the game, right now you can see how much time you have to wait to:

- Refuel
- Resend Gifts
- Rework Facilities
- Rework Service Facilities
- Request Ingredients
- Posting Belt Bonuses

A green check mark indicates that the operation can already be performed. in the future we will continue providing more timing information like:

- Fertilize Farms
- Irrigate Farms
- Receive Ingredients
- Buy Products from Others
- Next Quest
- Next Quest to Expire
- Receive Minigame Rewards
- Train Arrivals

8. Quick Hide tool: There is a new tool in the extended tool box (a closed eye icon) which will allow you to hide items faster.

9. Supreme Freight Locomotive: This is a faster locomotive that visits all the markets in only 5 days. You can now have 3 trains dispatched at any given time, one with a Standard Locomotive, one with an Enhanced Locomotive and another one with the Supreme Locomotive.

10. Train Alignment Bug: There was a bug that sometimes allowed a miss-aligned freight car to be recognized as part of the train. When that happened, it was not possible to continue adding more cars behind the miss-aligned car. Moving forward, you will receive a notification when this happens so you can fix the alignment.

11. New Crops: Sorghum and Quinoa

12. Charcoal Retort: This is and existing building now converted to a facility that produces carbon.

Charcoal Sack
Activated Carbon

13. Fodder Factory (Coins): Produces Fodder.

Animal Fat Supplement
Straw
Silage
Hay
Copra Meal
Pig Pellets
Equine Mix
Poultry Mix

New products on other facilities:

Molasses in the Sugar Refinery

14. Water Utility Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Water Utility Supplies.

Water Pipe
Gate Water Valve
Water Tank
Sewer Hose
Water Meter
Sedimentation Tank
Water Filter

Activated Carbon in the Charcoal Retort

15. Animal Feed Store (coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Animal Fat Supplement
Straw
Silage
Hay
Copra Meal
Pig Pellets
Equine Mix
Poultry Mix

16. Water Plant (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Water Pipe
Gate Water Valve
Water Tank
Sewer Hose
Water Meter
Sedimentation Tank
Water Filter
Man Hole
Fire Hydrant

Man Hole and Fire Hydrant in the Metal Mill

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates (Dec 28th, 7:00PM EST):

- 15 New levels

- Hiring for chop only and for crops and flowers only should show again the bigger tools for employees if they own them

- Job completion bonus for employees when Hired by Strangers in the Marketplace: When this feature was released a few days ago the employee had to collect the bonus before changing tools and starting other jobs on the current farm, otherwise the bonus was lost. Moving forward, the employee can change tools in the current farm freely, the only requirement to collect the bonus is to have finished all the jobs for which the employee was hired in the current farm, meaning, if the employee was hired for plow, chop and fish, the current farm must be fully plowed, all trees chopped and all fish caught in order to collect the bonus at the very end of the job.

Post Release Updates (Jan 2nd, 6:40PM EST):

- We fixed the 'Expire' message when collecting the employee bonus, this happened when working alone or when multiple workers were present in the farm. You will not have to click on the Save Disk icon anymore to avoid the 'Expire' message.

- FYI, the fact that there are multiple workers at the same time on the farm should not interfere with the bonus collection process.

Post Release Updates (Jan 7th, 5:50PM EST):

- Employees should now be able to collect bonuses on farms containing frozen or unwatered flowers.

Known Issues:

- None

daba3@msn.com
Dec 22 2012, 06:16 PM
thanks, how about naming this december 22nd instead of 11-22-12

psycho_mommi
Dec 22 2012, 06:16 PM
WOOOOOT WOOOOTTT!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! (and isnt it DECEMBER 22 release notes???) :D:D:D

Farmer_Susan
Dec 22 2012, 06:17 PM
Oh my gosh! I think this means Dec 22. I didn't think we'd get anything else before Christmas. AWESOME!

servocrow
Dec 22 2012, 06:32 PM
YAY!!! Looking forward to all the goodies!! Merry Christmas!

JW2009
Dec 22 2012, 06:37 PM
Thank you so much Raul, it says Nov22 but we know its Dec22. Thank you so much Raul and the Dev Team - It's Christmas Now :) Thank you and Happy Farming™

crafty chris
Dec 22 2012, 06:38 PM
thanking you :)

holla
Dec 22 2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks Raul.:)

You ALL ROCK!....have a Merry christmas:)

By FAR the best game!

Molly Mew
Dec 22 2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks Raul. ;)

al_bundy
Dec 22 2012, 06:45 PM
Great Thanks Raul

love the look of the new train hopefully one day it can deliver cement bags (-:

katupatree
Dec 22 2012, 06:50 PM
thanks for all the new stuff . . . Merry Christmas!!!

psycho_mommi
Dec 22 2012, 06:50 PM
so, a quick question for a mod or helper... is it 2 trains that can be dispatched, or 3? the standard freight, express frieght, and the new supreme freight???

psycho_mommi
Dec 22 2012, 06:51 PM
ha ha ha ha, nevermind, i found the answer to my question!! LOL

mac16129
Dec 22 2012, 07:01 PM
What a fantastic Christmas present!!! Thank you and a very Merry Christmas to you and all the developers!!!!

MAUROMEN
Dec 22 2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks Raul. Enjoying the new update!!!

Texas Belle
Dec 22 2012, 07:08 PM
Wow, thanks Raul & Co. got my wish of a bigger tree shaker.. now I am happy...
You guys rock

HelenJS22
Dec 22 2012, 07:21 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k65/wildrose96/snoopy-dance.gif

Texas Belle
Dec 22 2012, 07:22 PM
Bummer, the water facilities or the others rotate... oversight? Tell me you are going to give us the rotate ability please, thanks

karenbooysens
Dec 22 2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks Raul. Two days earlier than i thought it would be here. You and the rest of the staff rocks. A Merry Merry Christmas to all. Hope the new year is full of surprises in the game.

max_river
Dec 22 2012, 07:38 PM
ty for update

marymarcel
Dec 22 2012, 07:46 PM
Thank you so much Raul!!! Wish you and all devs and mods a Merry Christmas!!!

Qivis
Dec 22 2012, 08:01 PM
All of a sudden the tools no longer work for employees. What is going on here? I hired a worker to chop my trees and even though he has the green chopping truck in storage he cannot chop my thousands of trees except for 1 at a time! His tool box does not open. And ya, I tried re-hiring him.

JohnAlbertini
Dec 22 2012, 08:11 PM
No chest icon is visible. Where is it supposed to be, exactly?

neetys
Dec 22 2012, 08:13 PM
Farming or clean the house for Christmas?
Guess which won?
Thanks so much for the lovely surprise and a Merry Christmas to all.

JohnAlbertini
Dec 22 2012, 08:24 PM
When will I be able to get something worthwhile for my 41 million XP? LEVELS, LEVELS, LEVELS, PLEASE!!!! 35 levels EVERY update would still be too few. 150 new levels immediately and then 35 every update might make it fair value for our efforts!

As it is, I get further and further ahead in XPs with every increase in levels. You require, say, 3 million more XP for the 25 new levels but I have earned 5-10 million XP since the last level increase, enough for double or triple what you give us.

Please give us enough to buy AT LEAST one FC facility every update.

KnightRider
Dec 22 2012, 08:27 PM
2. 15 New Levels (coming later next week): There are only 15 new levels this time, however the most advanced users that are already at the top level and play the game before the next release will receive 2 FC for each level they move up. This is a one time thing only, future releases will continue in 25 levels increment and 1 FC per level. Top level is now 400.

Does this mean that the people (like myself) that is not at the top level yet when they finally get to level 386-400 they will or will not get the 2 FC for those levels like the ones that are already at the top level?

StoneFace
Dec 22 2012, 08:41 PM
Does this mean that the people (like myself) that is not at the top level yet when they finally get to level 386-400 they will or will not get the 2 FC for those levels like the ones that are already at the top level?

my understanding is that you will get the $2 per level for each level from 386-400 for a total of $30 as will each player for those levels only.

If you have excessive points already, and jump to level 400 when the 15 levels are added, it is my understanding you would automatically get the $30 if... IF... you have played the game between now and the release.

Taz D
Dec 22 2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks Raul. Nice surprise!!
Just out of curiousity shouldn't the new facilities and services be able to rotate?

TerriFlynn
Dec 22 2012, 08:48 PM
Nice one Raul! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all the developers!

JW2009
Dec 22 2012, 09:15 PM
We CAN'T rotate the new facilities, is this going to be fixed ?Thanks Raul. Nice surprise!!
Just out of curiousity shouldn't the new facilities and services be able to rotate?

SallyL
Dec 22 2012, 09:38 PM
Thank you :-) What a great early Christmas present.

trina531
Dec 22 2012, 09:43 PM
[B]My Christmas wish from Santa was granted! Thank you so much for the lovely gift. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Lee Ann
Dec 22 2012, 09:49 PM
Merry Christmas to all , thanks again for making this the best game out there ... what a great group of people to listen to the problems fix them and go a bove and beyound my expectations in this game , keep up the great work ! ... now offf to farm Happy Farming !!!

Lucille Rebecca
Dec 22 2012, 10:54 PM
Thank you very much...a nice mixed bag of goodies. Merry Christmas and looking forward to next year and the new goodies you'll be introducing. Happy new Year!!!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 22 2012, 10:59 PM
Hiring seems messed up - at least for me. I kept trying to hire in the market and no one was responding so I finally sent someone a private message asking if they got the hire request. They hadn't, but said they'd go to my farm so I could hire them from there. I WAS able to hire from my farm but I hired for crops & flowers and they didn't have access to their flower harvester - had to do them one at a time.

gffarmer
Dec 22 2012, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the Christmas gifts!!!
Merry Christmas!!

ladyjane7400
Dec 22 2012, 11:42 PM
The new bonus coins and the chest do not work for me. I had close to 2 million points/coins earned after combining someone's field and the points/coins disappeared. Also, part of the field did not show that I had plowed it and I had.

Farmer DeDe
Dec 22 2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks, Raul! Fantastic Christmas present and I have 10 days to play too. :) Have a Merry Christmas!

sandra.l.huffman
Dec 22 2012, 11:52 PM
How much Fun.... Thank You Merry.... Christmas 8*)

maggiel29
Dec 22 2012, 11:55 PM
Thank-you so much - great to wake up to (in the UK) - a lovely early Christmas Pressie - some great goodies - a Merry Christmas to you - now off to play and investigate.

kazahoobo
Dec 23 2012, 12:21 AM
can*t find the Charcol Retorte and the Waterplant in the Facilities Manager..

Merry Christmas..

Gregh
Dec 23 2012, 12:23 AM
No chest icon is visible. Where is it supposed to be, exactly?

When the chest icon appears, it is at top left underneath the fuel can icon.

Gregh
Dec 23 2012, 12:26 AM
can*t find the Charcol Retorte and the Waterplant in the Facilities Manager..

Merry Christmas..

If you already owned them as buildings (not as facilities), you will need to put them into storage, reload the game, then place them back on your farm. They should then appear in the Facility Manager. If you already filled them manually then you may need to wait till they empty before doing this, or you risk losing the existing production.

bruhelmboldt
Dec 23 2012, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the "winking eye", Raul, it's just right!!

parrot38
Dec 23 2012, 01:39 AM
Thank goodness all my Christmas presents are bought and now I can spend what is left on my farm
Thank you

Aussie Rae
Dec 23 2012, 01:56 AM
got home from work...and how nice to see the new updates!!! thanks devs....I wish you all a safe and happy christmas....keep up the good work!!! (after you have a break!!) lol

theperfectnina
Dec 23 2012, 02:01 AM
I find it a bit funny NO ONE has mentioned that we have yet ANOTHER TRAIN to boost! If I had known the orange one was coming out I WOULDN'T have bought the red one.

And is it really fair that we NEED 3 trains and to be boosted just to get enough items into storage to use in the facilities, even the ones that required Farm Cash to purchase?????

Farmgirl_Su
Dec 23 2012, 02:39 AM
Just a tip regarding the bonus box, if a farmer rehires you part way through the job (to do other farms0 you lose the bonus completely.. because you didn't finish the first job you loss the point.. just handy to know..

Dbutrfli
Dec 23 2012, 03:08 AM
Thank you Raul and developers!!! Love it all!!!

blue nile
Dec 23 2012, 03:26 AM
Thank you for the new release! However when someone at market hired me to chop trees i was unable to use my big green chopper. This happened twice. Not sure about other tools.

JacqV
Dec 23 2012, 03:55 AM
Thanks !!! Merry Christmas!

rjohn726
Dec 23 2012, 05:17 AM
interesting, thanks for farm 17, great changes and additions also

Orx
Dec 23 2012, 06:07 AM
Thanks Raul for the great Christmas present. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

BaTman0617
Dec 23 2012, 06:44 AM
Thanks so much for the release, yet another great job!

Had a question since release. When being hired in marketplace I no longer have tools I have available. Was something done to take items like chainsaw and large shaker away when hired from marketplace?

Thanks and continue your great work.

BaTman

Tiger
Dec 23 2012, 07:44 AM
Thank you very much Raul and all the development team. Have a great holiday :D

ImTheRealElly
Dec 23 2012, 07:45 AM
with this new update, i am unable to use the "farmtown farmer lists" when sending gifts. is this intended? i only send gifts this way, as it is impossible for me to know which of the hundreds of friends i have are active farmtown players.

1fritz
Dec 23 2012, 08:20 AM
Merry Christmas Raul and Devs! Thank you for the update a lot to be thankful here. Farm 17, Larger tree shaker (I really needed this), Faster Locomotive, and as icing on the update cake new levels with double the cash.

You folks are the best!

Thanks again,

Fritz

Tygered
Dec 23 2012, 09:01 AM
Another great release. Thanks guys and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Feliz Navidad (I hope that covers everyone.)

Soozy
Dec 23 2012, 09:29 AM
Thanks Devs! Now a question, the 2 new crops produce sileage where? What am I missing?

Sandy Mae
Dec 23 2012, 09:45 AM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. Holiday Items (2 weeks ago) and 7 new Winter People (this Release)

2. 15 New Levels (coming later next week): There are only 15 new levels this time, however the most advanced users that are already at the top level and play the game before the next release will receive 2 FC for each level they move up. This is a one time thing only, future releases will continue in 25 levels increment and 1 FC per level. Top level is now 400.

3. Farm 17: Here are the prices in coins (FC prices remains the same):

12 x 12 Farm 16: 17000000
14 x 14 Upgrade: 14000000
16 x 16 Upgrade: 15000000
18 x 18 Upgrade: 16000000
20 x 20 Upgrade: 2100000000
22 x 22 Upgrade: 2200000000
24 x 24 Upgrade: 2300000000
26 x 26 Upgrade: 3000000000
28 x 28 Upgrade: 5000000000
30 x 30 Upgrade: 4000000000

4. Belts and Dans for Facility Products: The next 10 Facilities (in order of appearance in the Store) now have Belts and Dans enabled for each product. With each Belt or Dan you achieve you will increase your chances of getting a "free" Batch automatically for every Batch you start from that point on.

Free Batches means that a new Batch is sent to production without consuming any ingredients or coins. See December 30th Release Post for the benefit % table.

5. Tree Shaker 12 x 8 (FC): If you already own the Tree Shaker 8 x 8, then you can by this new Tree Shaker to harvest faster, up to 96 at a time.

6. Job completion bonus for employees when Hired by Strangers in the Marketplace (coming later next week): To increase workforce availability in the marketplace and to improve the quality of the work performed by employees, we have decided to duplicate the potential benefits for those employees. For example if an employee plows for another farmer and earn 1000 XP and 5000 coins, if that employee complete the job fully in the farm, meaning there is no more plow to be done, then ONLY at that time the employee will have the option to collect a special bonus of an additional 5000 coins and 1000 XP.

The same applies for other types of work, in summary, employees have the option to duplicate their benefits but only if the job that he was hire for is completed fully on a particular farm. The employee is responsible for collecting the bonus on each farm by clicking the Chest icon on the top-left.

7. Time Manager: There is a new (clock) icon in the extended tool bar that will provide timing information for different areas in the game, right now you can see how much time you have to wait to:

- Refuel
- Resend Gifts
- Rework Facilities
- Request Ingredients
- Posting Belt Bonuses

A green check mark indicates that the operation can already be performed. in the future we will continue providing more timing information like:

- Fertilize Farms
- Irrigate Farms
- Receive Ingredients
- Next Quest
- Next Quest to Expire
- Train Arrivals

8. Quick Hide tool: There is a new tool in the extended tool box (a closed eye icon) which will allow you to hide items faster.

9. Supreme Freight Locomotive: This is a faster locomotive that visits all the markets in only 5 days. You can now have 3 trains dispatched at any given time, one with a Standard Locomotive, one with an Enhanced Locomotive and another one with the Supreme Locomotive.

10. Train Alignment Bug: There was a bug that sometimes allowed a miss-aligned freight car to be recognized as part of the train. When that happened, it was not possible to continue adding more cars behind the miss-aligned car. Moving forward, you will receive a notification when this happens so you can fix the alignment.

11. New Crops: Sorghum and Quinoa

12. Charcoal Retort: This is and existing building now converted to a facility that produces carbon.

Charcoal Sack
Activated Carbon

13. Fodder Factory (Coins): Produces Fodder.

Animal Fat Supplement
Straw
Silage
Hay
Copra Meal
Pig Pellets
Equine Mix
Poultry Mix

Molasses in the Sugar Refinery

14. Water Utility Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Water Utility Supplies.

Water Pipe
Gate Water Valve
Water Tank
Sewer Hose
Water Meter
Sedimentation Tank
Water Filter

Activated Carbon in the Charcoal Retort

15. Animal Feed Store (coins): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Animal Fat Supplement
Straw
Silage
Hay
Copra Meal
Pig Pellets
Equine Mix
Poultry Mix

16. Water Plant (FC): This is a Service Facility that can be stocked with the products below:

Water Pipe
Gate Water Valve
Water Tank
Sewer Hose
Water Meter
Sedimentation Tank
Water Filter
Man Hole
Fire Hydrant

Man Hole and Fire Hydrant in the Metal Mill

Enjoy!

--Raul

Thanks for the new goodies. I am glad to have another train in the game. Also like the new items in the manager. Like the eye for hiding.
Please pass on a Merry Christmas and a Safe Happy New Year to all of the Devs. And to you Raul for being the man that takes all of the abuse when things don't go right. Love ya:D:)

Pippilotta444
Dec 23 2012, 09:55 AM
... and thank you to all the devs and moderators.

Thank you for the 17th farm, I really wanted to make a winter/christmas farm but hated to have to redo one of my already done farms... perfect timing have a week of work so I can spend some time on my farm...lol..

You guys are doing a great job and if you can see I have been playing almost since the beginning of the game... this is the one game I stay faithful to.

You guys are great!

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and may all your wishes come true for 2013...

dianedrayson
Dec 23 2012, 10:05 AM
Thank you to Raul and to Santa Slashkey. An unexpected Christmas present: new farm and new levels without warning! Thank you especially for the double farm cash. I will also enjoy the neatness factor in future of my XPs ending in 25, 50, 75 and 00. (No, I'm not obsessional ... much!)

Farmer DeDe
Dec 23 2012, 10:39 AM
Thank you for the new release! However when someone at market hired me to chop trees i was unable to use my big green chopper. This happened twice. Not sure about other tools.

I was hired by a neighbor twice and cannot use my tools either. Bummer. Hope this is fixed soon. :(

Darlene Keyser
Dec 23 2012, 10:43 AM
I am NOT happy about the chest feature. Half the time I forget to click it after EACH FARM's work. Why can't it accumulate until I am finished all the farms and then a POP UP box comes up for me to claim with the total for it all??

I love all your upgrades very much!!! Having a problem when being hired in the market to chop also.........only the axe comes up for me to use, not my SAW. Hope this gets fixed fast!!!

Thanks for all your hard work on these upgrades and for listening to our complaints. Have a great Christmas!!!

goofyshoes
Dec 23 2012, 10:49 AM
The new bonus coins and the chest do not work for me. I had close to 2 million points/coins earned after combining someone's field and the points/coins disappeared. Also, part of the field did not show that I had plowed it and I had.

yes same here I did not collect them before working someone's farm and I lost them all I had 3M ....

dianedrayson
Dec 23 2012, 11:18 AM
I've just bought the supreme freight train, ready to connect it later today. I've looked at the pictures and I can't work out which is the front view. I obviously don't know enough about trains. I wonder if it will matter if I connect it back-to-front. lol

Dutch85
Dec 23 2012, 11:19 AM
Merry Christmas Devs and Mods!!! Thank you SO much for the awesome update! You never cease to amaze me!!

MIRIAM DEL VALLE
Dec 23 2012, 11:21 AM
thank you very much, this launch is beautiful, but at this time that we look forward to all
Congratulations to the entire team of moderators, administrators and assistants of the forum, thanks for the help given, and Merry Christmas
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262775_4236942249011_899265229_n.jpg
I be your Christmas tree♪♫♪♫ ;) :)

matt88
Dec 23 2012, 11:23 AM
i am having alot of problems hiring people to work on my farm. none of them can use there tools. I got hired to chop and was unable to use tools

trina531
Dec 23 2012, 12:40 PM
Chest ??? I know it said it would be next week before it arrived, but this morning it was there and did not click on it (I had not read the forum carefully!) after a market hire had worked the farm. So when the next farm was hired from the market I hung out to wait for the chest. They completed the entire field..and no chest. Thinking it might just be a glitch...but thought I would add my observations! Thanks...I know it will work out...you guys are the best!

iceberg
Dec 23 2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks for all the new items, I am well pleased with everything, keep up the good work n have a happy Xmas all.

maggiel29
Dec 23 2012, 01:32 PM
I've just bought the supreme freight train, ready to connect it later today. I've looked at the pictures and I can't work out which is the front view. I obviously don't know enough about trains. I wonder if it will matter if I connect it back-to-front. lol

I dont know which is the front either! I havent put any carriages on it yet as my other train is still dispatched so I dont know if it matters if its back to front.

I think Ive sussed it - the end with the black rectangle on the roof is the front - I think! The other end has a ladder and the end with the black bit has what could be headlights! In any case when its connected to carriages it shouldn't highlight to show all are connected if its the wrong way round.

Bronco Ron
Dec 23 2012, 01:38 PM
I seen where someone said thank you for new farm and new levels, It was a recent post. I got the farm thank you very much. But I didn't get a new level :confused::confused: :(:(

Tiger
Dec 23 2012, 01:57 PM
I seen where someone said thank you for new farm and new levels, It was a recent post. I got the farm thank you very much. But I didn't get a new level :confused::confused: :(:(

Hi there,

As per the New Release post, the new levels haven't been released yet.

15 New Levels (coming later next week): There are only 15 new levels this time, however the most advanced users that are already at the top level and play the game before the next release will receive 2 FC for each level they move up. This is a one time thing only, future releases will continue in 25 levels increment and 1 FC per level. Top level is now 400.

Tamsta
Dec 23 2012, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tamsta in help and support, was told I should place this here for the developers.

I have 2 questions please. I read the above post before I was hired . . . .it was very helpful.
This is from a chopping job - 1st - some farmers have there chopping trees double layered, meaning you can use the saw for the 1st layer, but then you have to go back and use the axe to get the 2nd layer or the job is not complete . . . . . but when you switch to the axe, you loose everything you had with the saw - - - - I read you are not supposed to change tools but can't you make it work if you are still in the same type of tool??? (hopefully that makes sense)
chopping job again - - 2nd - I was hired to finish a job someone left. Their cork trees were in a section (approx 24x24 trees) - because they had jumped around in the section I kept getting "job not complete", but couldn't get the unfinished tree to highlight with the saw. Is it possible to make a distinguishing mark for the top of the tree so that you can see what is not done when they are in sections? (ie. Peach tree has a bubble, etc) Thanks in advance for any help.
PS - They also double layer flowers which works the same way as the trees. You can use the flower harvester for the 1st layer, and the harvest pick for the 2nd.

pelicn
Dec 23 2012, 03:17 PM
Tried to click the chest, and it disappeared. also the chainsaw isn't working after being hired to chop.

Tiger
Dec 23 2012, 03:34 PM
Tried to click the chest, and it disappeared. also the chainsaw isn't working after being hired to chop.

Hi there,

With the chest, once you've completed a job don't put the tool down, click on the chest first to claim your reward, then you can change tools to do the next job.

There is an intermittent problem with single job hires to chop or harvest flowers. It seems to work fine if you are hired for more than one type of job. We're trying to pin down how the problem occurs to consistently recreate it. Can you tell us if you had changed your avatar status to "work" (red) or any other status, when you were hired for the chopping job?

kondor
Dec 23 2012, 03:39 PM
Glad I started playing again and purchase FC from time to time. Updates like this make the time and effort worth it. Thanks for the update and all the new stuff. Mucho appreciated!

Farmer DeDe
Dec 23 2012, 04:30 PM
Hi there,

With the chest, once you've completed a job don't put the tool down, click on the chest first to claim your reward, then you can change tools to do the next job.

There is an intermittent problem with single job hires to chop or harvest flowers. It seems to work fine if you are hired for more than one type of job. We're trying to pin down how the problem occurs to consistently recreate it. Can you tell us if you had changed your avatar status to "work" (red) or any other status, when you were hired for the chopping job?

No, I had not changed my status. I very seldom work from the marketplace but I will do work for my neighbors if they need help. Yesterday, two of my neighbors asked me to help them chop and hired me to do so but I only got the ax, not my chainsaw. Hope this helps...

Gregh
Dec 23 2012, 04:36 PM
Just a few observations that may help people understand how to get the most out of the Chest!

It only works when you hire strangers, not when you hire neighbours or buddies.

It only works when you hire from the Marketplace. If you hire someone on the farm, the Chest will not appear!

The Chest pops after you start each task you are hired for. Thus it appears after you do some fish, then again after you do some trees, and so on.

Collect your bonus when your avatar finishes working and before changing tools. If you select another tool before taking the bonus, it vanishes and you won't be able to get it back for that task. It will reappear and start accumulating again from zero when you start the next task. [Correction: it sometimes remembers the previous total, usually forgets it. I haven't figured out the rule yet. Best to play safe and claim your bonus before moving to the next farm.]

[Added: Sometimes after the avatar finishes the reward looks complete, but if you click on the chest, wait a second, then click on it again, it may add a bit more to the total.]

If you leave the farm before claiming the bonus, it vanishes - it is not cumulative between farms. [Correction: it may sometimes accumulate if you're doing the same task on each farm. However this is not reliable and it's best to assume that if you don't collect it before leaving the farm, you lose it.]

Even if you claim a bonus for one task you can still claim another bonus for the next task. Thus if you claim a fish bonus you can still also claim a tree bonus.

It works farm by farm for each individual farm. If you are hired to fish six farms you can claim up to six fish bonuses - one on each farm with fish.

If you use a multi-task tool (i.e. a Combine h/p) you get both the money and crop share for harvesting and the XPs for plowing, in the same Chest. Nice!

Disclaimer - these are just my observations, which I am updating as I go. I'm posting them now so they may help others, but as they are notes made "in the heat of battle" I may get some details wrong. :)

Bbb-3
Dec 23 2012, 05:07 PM
having the chest is great but why is it not for doing the whole farm? I have worked for farmers who have hired other workers and they jump from farm to farm getting the crop and leaving things such as fishing etc for others to do. The same goes when I hire for my farms they do what they want and leave ( I usually hire one person for all farms ) If you can not do what you were hired to do on that farm why should you be rewarded?

lynwoo60
Dec 23 2012, 05:18 PM
Thankyou so much for the new release and all the new goodies. Huby and I did all the Christmas socializing early this year even the grandies presy's so have plenty of time to play our fav game with the new toys. Merry Christmas to Raul, devs and moderators and ty all for making this game the most enjoyable game on fb. :)

jojo181au4
Dec 23 2012, 06:08 PM
what is the rewards icon for

jojo181au4
Dec 23 2012, 06:12 PM
and how do you use it

BBAM
Dec 23 2012, 06:44 PM
Hi there,

Here's what my tests showed.
Hire for Fruit Trees == OK
Hire for Chop == Failed
Hire for Flowers (and crops) == Failed
Hire for Flowers (and crops) AND Chop == OK
This was a hire request from a neighbor directly and not from the market.

jerrbearsr
Dec 23 2012, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=Raul;5384106]

- Refuel
- Resend Gifts
- Rework Facilities
- Request Ingredients
- Posting Belt Bonuses

- Fertilize Farms
- Irrigate Farms
- Receive Ingredients
- Next Quest
- Next Quest to Expire
- Train Arrivals

Why is there a timer for working Facilities, and service Facilities, I can now only work a few and not help all of my neighbors like I use to, I'm trying to work others that I have not worked for today, and I can't, I went to my farm and looked at the new clock and it says have for hour before I can help again, I don't like this.

maggiel29
Dec 23 2012, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE=Raul;5384106]

- Refuel
- Resend Gifts
- Rework Facilities
- Request Ingredients
- Posting Belt Bonuses

- Fertilize Farms
- Irrigate Farms
- Receive Ingredients
- Next Quest
- Next Quest to Expire
- Train Arrivals

Why is there a timer for working Facilities, and service Facilities, I can now only work a few and not help all of my neighbors like I use to, I'm trying to work others that I have not worked for today, and I can't, I went to my farm and looked at the new clock and it says have for hour before I can help again, I don't like this.

It shouldnt stop you working different peoples facilities - only reworking the same one. How does it stop you working others facilities? Do you get a pop-up message?
I have been able to work several different neighbours facilities. Also you can only work peoples facilities if they are your neighbours not just friends.

Docperk
Dec 23 2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks for new farm and other updates. Wouldn't you know it would come while I was out of town... :) Oh well it was a nice surprise to come home to. Still a little confused about some of the updates but will get em figured out I guess. I am a little concerned about the hiring/working crops issue going on. Will keep an eye here till it is fixed.

thanks again and Merry Christmas to all.

purrrrcat
Dec 24 2012, 12:22 AM
#6 - It looks to me like you have to collect the bonus for each function BEFORE you move on to the next function on the same farm. I lost a lot of bonuses before I realized that! If you're hired to harvest, plow, shake trees, chop trees, fish, you can only get the bonus if you collect it at the time you do that one function, such harvest/plow, collect; fish, collect; chop, collect; so forth. The bonus Chest went away if I changed tools. Why can't it be automated anyway? Why do employees have to physically say, YES I WANT A BONUS! Why would an employee NOT want a bonus? It's added work and you have to remember to do it before changing tools.
Otherwise, I love the updates! You guys do a good job, mostly.

Qivis
Dec 24 2012, 06:17 AM
[QUOTE=jerrbearsr;5385490]

It shouldnt stop you working different peoples facilities - only reworking the same one. How does it stop you working others facilities? Do you get a pop-up message?
I have been able to work several different neighbours facilities. Also you can only work peoples facilities if they are your neighbours not just friends.

NO, you can work friends' facilities just as you can work neighbors' facilities. I work those of friends who I've not made neighbors for months now. Otherwise I would have nearly 300 people in my neighbor list! And the clock does nothing to stop you working anything. It just assumes you have worked all the facilities of friends who have posted all around the same time and then lets you know when it has been 8 hours so you may work them again. I use a bonus checker app (which works for a ton of games in Facebook and not just FT) in manual mode to go through the list first thing in the morning. Then I do the same thing 8 hours later. The ONLY function of the timers is to tell us if we have time left to wait or not.

LoreneC
Dec 24 2012, 07:37 AM
Thank you for the new release! Good timing!

Tamsta
Dec 24 2012, 08:34 AM
I'm not having problems switching from job to job (harvest/plow to chop) or farm to farm.

Someone have theirs trees and flowers overlapped that I need to go from chainsaw to axe to finish or from flower harvester to single harvest to finish.
going from the multi tool to the single tool for the same job is where I am loosing the chest.
So I cannot start with the chainsaw and then switch to the axe without loosing the bonus.

Docperk
Dec 24 2012, 09:12 AM
I haven't tried it as an employee yet but from an employer point of view goes on the bonus chest. I feel that it should be based on the whole job, all crops, trees, flowers, and fish. When I hire someone to do everything I want everything done. I thought the bonus was intended to give the employee incentive to complete the job, from what I have been reading this is not going to work this way and may cause them to bail more often. I usually only hire one person at a time but I no many that don't, how does this work if you have multiple people on the farm? Do they all get a part of the bonus? It seems like this would slow them down having to stop and claim you bonus before changing tools. If you happen to be one that shares the work say with someone that doesn't have tools (or does), if you do your share and leave the rest for them, I would guess that you cannot claim the bonus because you haven't finished the job. I think it is a great idea because I do think the workers should have incentive to complete the job they are hired for, I just think the current process needs a little tweaking. I am sure the devs will do that and take some our ideas and make it better.

Santmyer
Dec 24 2012, 09:26 AM
While I can appreciate what this latest update has to offer, when will all or some of the suggestions in the "Settings/pop ups/preferences" thread be addressed? In particular the ability to know when each farm is still irrigated by referring to the farm selector diamond no matter which farm I am working. After all we have the "F" indicator to show when each farm is still fertilized from the diamond as well as being able to view both "F" and "W" on each farm grid indicating still fertilized and still watered. Such a basis request.

Orx
Dec 24 2012, 09:43 AM
The first time I was hired in the market it was for everything and the bonus worked well (as long as I remembered to collect them). The next time it was only to chop but I could not access the chain saw and had to use the axe but had no problem in accepting the bonus. The next time I was hired was to harvest and plow a heavily stacked farm, only to find there were already at least three or four others also hired for the job. I was there (think I was the last) when the job was completed but it would not let me accept the bonus it said the job was not finished. Has anyone else had that experience?

Chattin
Dec 24 2012, 10:05 AM
I've had the same problem when hired to chop only.... only the single axe is available. My end around has been to ask the farmer to rehire me with an additional tool, and that does seem to give me the chainsaw, but in doing that I lose the bonus for finishing the job. Between these two glitches, more people are going to bail than ever before. I hope this gets fixed soon.

janbow
Dec 24 2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks so much. Love love the game. Appreciate all the hard work.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Raul and devs!!

Taz D
Dec 24 2012, 10:53 AM
While I can appreciate what this latest update has to offer, when will all or some of the suggestions in the "Settings/pop ups/preferences" thread be addressed? In particular the ability to know when each farm is still irrigated by referring to the farm selector diamond no matter which farm I am working. After all we have the "F" indicator to show when each farm is still fertilized from the diamond as well as being able to view both "F" and "W" on each farm grid indicating still fertilized and still watered. Such a basis request.
Just because you make a suggestion does not mean they will do it.

Cry4Freedom
Dec 24 2012, 12:06 PM
Good day,

Since the new release if I get hired for multipul things on a farm my Chainsaw will work. If I get hired to Chop only only the Ax shows up. I thought I would bring this to your attention and see if there is something that can be done about it.

Thanks
Pumpkin aka Patrick

Don't feed the beggers
Dec 24 2012, 01:10 PM
thank you, the only issue that I can find is that I am unable to use my saw when asked to chop..please fix this.

zippity
Dec 24 2012, 01:12 PM
same with the flower harvester if hired only to do flowers, the tool will not show up

Chattin
Dec 24 2012, 01:41 PM
having the chest is great but why is it not for doing the whole farm? I have worked for farmers who have hired other workers and they jump from farm to farm getting the crop and leaving things such as fishing etc for others to do. The same goes when I hire for my farms they do what they want and leave ( I usually hire one person for all farms ) If you can not do what you were hired to do on that farm why should you be rewarded?

I have to agree. I hired in the MP this morning... one person for all my farms. There were crops, trees to shake and chop, fish, and flowers. The person ran through all the crops, did a few trees here and there... just enough to mess up my scheduling of course, and then left. Why reward sloppy work?

I ended up having to go through and finish up everything else.

One thing that would help a lot would be to separate the "Harvest trees and crops" so that we could hire for just tree shaking alone.

Gregh
Dec 24 2012, 04:42 PM

Summarising irrigation is much more complex than summarising fertlisation. A farm is either fertilised or not fertilised, but a farm can have some elements that are still irrigated and some that have been harvested and therefore are not.

What if a farm has one tree that was irrigated a week ago and hasn't been harvested? What if a farm has some crops that are irrigated and some not? Would it be better to show farms that have been irrigated in the last 20 hours, or farms that have not (and therefore can be irrigated)?

No matter how the farm's situation is summarised, it will likely be misleading or won't meet someone's need, and I think this is why we don't have an irrigation symbol for the farm selector.

marwahr55
Dec 24 2012, 05:20 PM
Are the devs aware that when hired our tools such as the chainsaw and harvester do not show up to use?

Otherwise I'm enjoying this new update. :)

Docperk
Dec 24 2012, 07:23 PM
I just realized I get a bonus for plowing my own field. hmm

Majik Merlin
Dec 24 2012, 09:00 PM
Is anyone else not getting their coins when they sell their products? I just got shorted 213Million coins .... :(

daisy too
Dec 25 2012, 02:38 AM
I was hired to do multiple tasks. The farm had flowers and trees, trees were not ready so I hid them. I started harvesting flowers, it was very tedious. Then, suddenly, wheat was ready, it sprouted up through the flowers. So I had to harvest crops and flowers, and the wheat was layered and overlapping. I have no idea how the farmer did this. after two hours, I realized I was never going to get the bonus, as I was only halfway through. Then, I wasn't even getting COINS, because every tile I clicked on said "already done" - I think because there were crops, flowers, and trees (and more crops) layered on each tile. What a mess, and a waste of time. I got paid for about half the work I did, but didn't finish, so I had 400,000 coins bonus I walked away from.
Just wanted to give an example of WHY some workers will leave a job unfinished.

Docperk
Dec 25 2012, 09:56 AM
That may be true Daisy but I have had people I have hired to do h/p and trees and flowers and all they do is the h/p on each field and leave some will leave in the middle of, I guess some this is them getting booted for some reason or another but that rarely happens to me anymore. Then I have to go back to the market and try to find someone that is willing to do just trees and flowers. I understand some people have way to over stacked fields I get very frustrated with those to. I admit I too have stacked fields but I don't believe I have any as you described. I still feel that the bonus should be based on the whole job someone is hired for, I would even go for a per field bonus, if they do everything they were hired for on one field, then get a bonus and go to the next and only do part of the field they wouldn't a bonus for that field.

Texas Star
Dec 25 2012, 10:18 AM
Storage ... crops disappearing
I have been concerned about shortages in my storage. Sometimes items that I harvested same numbers ... one item would run out while the other still had thousands. I just harvested the my orange lily 2986 and carnations 2987 in storage after harvest. I unloaded my train which was on the same farm. I reloaded farmtown and my orange lily count was 2365 and the carnations were down to 2366. I did not load any facilities or do any thing else, yet lost hundreds of flowers... Myself and other neighbors are noticing seemingly random shortages... this is one instance where I was able to know exactly what happened... Is anyone aware/working on this storage issue?

Texas Star
Dec 25 2012, 10:28 AM
Are the devs aware that when hired our tools such as the chainsaw and harvester do not show up to use?

Otherwise I'm enjoying this new update. :)

I had the same prob. Hired neighbor to harvest flowers.. tried both ways, multiple and regular, had her come to my farm, I went to hers, we both went to the market so I could try to hire her from there but we could not see each other after several tries, and verifying that we had both gone to the market for hiring.

charlies4ng3ls
Dec 25 2012, 10:54 AM
I had the same prob. Hired neighbor to harvest flowers.. tried both ways, multiple and regular, had her come to my farm, I went to hers, we both went to the market so I could try to hire her from there but we could not see each other after several tries, and verifying that we had both gone to the market for hiring.

If you go to market and want your friend to join you in that market place - send them a 'come join me' request and you end up in the same market ;)

Docperk
Dec 25 2012, 11:52 AM
I have a few water falls and stacked waters on my farms and was just told that workers cannot collect a bonus because they have to reload the farm to get all the fish. I guess this wouldn't be an issue if they had the turbo boat.

Texas Star
Dec 25 2012, 12:06 PM
If you go to market and want your friend to join you in that market place - send them a 'come join me' request and you end up in the same market ;)

TY! We were in the same market... no confusion there... just could not see each other, but I appreciate that you took the time to respond!

ckerider
Dec 25 2012, 12:17 PM
About the Bonuses.... I think we all should stop complaining about getting paid for a partial job. When you are hired and you complete one aspect of the job, you are finished that job on that farm. If you forget to get the bonus, it is gone. I don't see why people are offended because we get a bonus for finishing a crop on one farm. Sometimes I get kicked off a farm, or I leave because it takes me 4 minutes just to load the farm before I can get to work. Then the 'farmer' has tabbed crops and my computer slows down so much that it is not worth my time to stick around. I WOULD NEVER leave a farm if it was working like it should. Some tabbed farms are good once you wait the 4 minutes for it to load, but others take forever to do anything on. I am frustrated with these people and wonder how they themselves work on their farms when that have a ridiculous amount of tabbing and overlapping!!!. I think if we keep complaining about some people getting things for free, they will just take it away from us. Try just accepting things as they are. It would REALLY frustrate me if I was working a bunch of farms and they got kicked off because the farmer has his stuff overlapped and tabbed, only to lose my bonus too!!!

I feel better now... thanks for giving me the opportunity to vent a bit!

daisy too
Dec 25 2012, 12:34 PM
ckerider - I'm just back after a long absence from the game, and i didn't understand what was going on at the farm I was working - when you referenced "tabbing and overlapping" - that's what it was! The farm just looked different, and the job was impossible to finish because of the layers of crops and flowers on top of each other. (all of which you couldn't even SEE without hiding trees) And the graphics got all choppy when i scrolled from one section to the next.
I have no idea how to stack crops on top of each other, or if overlapping and stacking are the same thing. But when it's done to an extreme, it makes working the farm **** near impossible.

ckerider
Dec 25 2012, 01:26 PM
Hey Daisy...thanks for answering me. I really don't know how they do it, but I know it takes a lot of time for them to set up the tabs (some have 9 to each square!!). If you should be able to work one of these overlapped/tabbed farms, you do get a lot of moola, but it is NOT WORTH IT! I have 17 farms and do not do any of that stuff, and somehow I manage to fill of all my facilities and post to get the work done everyday. I simply don't get why they need so many trees and flowers and crops be able just to do their farming on a daily basis. I have decided that I won't work these farms, but there is no sense to me of saying to these people WHY I AM QUITTING! I just simply leave and try find a regular farmer just have some fun with their farms.

Taz D
Dec 25 2012, 02:29 PM
TY! We were in the same market... no confusion there... just could not see each other, but I appreciate that you took the time to respond!
If the two of you are not on the same server then you would not see each other in the market. When you go to the market you go to the market on the server you are on. By using the Join then your friend will come to the same server market you are on.

Aussie Rae
Dec 25 2012, 03:50 PM

to my understanding, reading the notes re the hire STRANGERS ...it does not work if they are your friends, buddies, or neighbours...they must be strangers!! and have found that if hired to pick flowers, then they must hire for all for the tool box to open...have had not problems if hired to harvest and plow, its the other jobs, flower picking, tree chopping, fishing that we seem unable to access our big tools for..also noticed that I have had to click on the treasure chest as soon as a job is completed, before putting down the tool and picking up a new one...

Gregh
Dec 25 2012, 05:14 PM
Storage ... crops disappearing
I have been concerned about shortages in my storage. Sometimes items that I harvested same numbers ... one item would run out while the other still had thousands. I just harvested the my orange lily 2986 and carnations 2987 in storage after harvest. I unloaded my train which was on the same farm. I reloaded farmtown and my orange lily count was 2365 and the carnations were down to 2366. I did not load any facilities or do any thing else, yet lost hundreds of flowers... Myself and other neighbors are noticing seemingly random shortages... this is one instance where I was able to know exactly what happened... Is anyone aware/working on this storage issue?

It's old advice that we hand out because it usually works, but clearing your memcache (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached) may make the missing flowers reappear. (It's also possible that it may not, as the carnation count may have been wrong (too high) before and the game simply displayed the correct figure when you reloaded.)

trev1
Dec 25 2012, 05:55 PM
I seem to been stuck on level 385, I been on this level for a week,I play twice my points move on but not my level, can any one help:confused:
trev

Taz D
Dec 25 2012, 06:02 PM
I seem to been stuck on level 385, I been on this level for a week,I play twice my points move on but not my level, can any one help:confused:
trev
That is because 385 is the current top level. There will be 15 more levels sometime this week according to the announcement.

FarmerMcLashwood
Dec 25 2012, 06:02 PM
trev

level 385 is the top level at the moment..... new levels are due shortly - see Raul's posting on the first page of this thread.

jim v
Dec 25 2012, 08:37 PM
after the latest update the game is even slower. nothing has changed on my end

makytaja
Dec 25 2012, 08:43 PM
I really appreciate the updates. More work but less time. thanks for keeping FT interesting.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 25 2012, 08:45 PM
I LOVE the idea of the bonus chest. When I work for people, I'm a "finisher" and when I hire people, I always really hope they are, too. So this helps me on both fronts. I do agree with those that are saying they'd prefer the bonus chest to be for the complete job of whatever you're hired for. Or for multi-farm hires, per farm, but whatever you're hired for is ok. My biggest complaint as an employer is when I hire for flowers & crops or trees & crops and the person only does the crops. The way it is now won't help with that problem. But if I hire one person who says they want flowers (or shaking) and another who says they want to harvest, then both are unhappy because they're not getting to work solo, probably neither will get the chest, etc.

jim v
Dec 25 2012, 08:47 PM
I've tried clicking on the memcache side and closing it several times but really can't tell that it does anything.

Gregh
Dec 25 2012, 08:55 PM
I LOVE the idea of the bonus chest. When I work for people, I'm a "finisher" and when I hire people, I always really hope they are, too. So this helps me on both fronts. I do agree with those that are saying they'd prefer the bonus chest to be for the complete job of whatever you're hired for. Or for multi-farm hires, per farm, but whatever you're hired for is ok. My biggest complaint as an employer is when I hire for flowers & crops or trees & crops and the person only does the crops. The way it is now won't help with that problem. But if I hire one person who says they want flowers (or shaking) and another who says they want to harvest, then both are unhappy because they're not getting to work solo, probably neither will get the chest, etc.

Raul posted this update about 7 hours ago -

Known Issues:

- The employee bonus feature has some issues, we will make some modifications to it hopefully by the end of the week, it will basically be a per farm bonus, meaning, at the very end, when the employee has completed all the jobs to be performed on the farm then the bonus could be claimed so you will be able to change tools as often as you want and still get the bonus as long as you complete your job.

That will address your point about people cherry picking. Not sure how the multi-hire scenario will work, but I guess that each worker will accumulate for their own work and when there is no work left on the farm each worker still on that farm can claim their individual bonus. Could be wrong. Whether it will help with the fishing scenario (where some fish just can't be caught without reloading the farm, unless you have the Turbo Boat) is yet to be seen.

Aussie Rae
Dec 25 2012, 11:09 PM
trev

we are all stuck on level 385 until the new levels are released...it pays to read all the info in Raul's notes, found on page 1 of this thread...:)

trev1
Dec 26 2012, 02:09 AM
I have had up dates,but my level do not go up,still stuck on level 385
whats going on!
Trev

Gregh
Dec 26 2012, 03:31 AM
I have had up dates,but my level do not go up,still stuck on level 385
whats going on!
Trev

Your levels haven't gone up because the new levels aren't out yet. When it happens you'll know because there will probably be a rush of thank-you posts in here. :)

maggiel29
Dec 26 2012, 04:11 AM
I've tried clicking on the memcache side and closing it several times but really can't tell that it does anything.

Thats it - when you open it it is done. Just close it and reload your farm.

Santmyer
Dec 26 2012, 05:50 AM
It would seem that I did not make the gist of my post clear enough for it to not be obviously misunderstood - I would like to know whether there is watering time left or not on the mobile sprinkler - not "complex" at all. Also for clarification - part of a farm can also be fertilized and part not depended on when certain plots were planted.

maggiel29
Dec 26 2012, 06:00 AM
It would seem that I did not make the gist of my post clear enough for it to not be obviously misunderstood - I would like to know whether there is watering time left or not on the mobile sprinkler - not "complex" at all. Also for clarification - part of a farm can also be fertilized and part not depended on when certain plots were planted.

I wonder if this sort of information will eventually be on the new "clock" feature in the tool box under the "per farm times" tab.

zippity
Dec 26 2012, 08:47 AM
still can not use tools when hired to do flowers or chop trees i don't know about harvesting trees as i have not been hired to harvest them. It is getting a little old clicking one at a time and the tools have become useless to me since i hire the work to be done on my farms and i work the marketplace. Can't get anyone to do my farms because of this issue.Please fix

beverduster
Dec 26 2012, 02:48 PM
as of right now 385 is tops

Regina_Phelangie
Dec 26 2012, 05:23 PM
Okay, love the new release but you really need to fix the glitch of tools not showing up. I paid farm cash for them and do want to use them. If I get hired to chop, only get the axe. If I get hired for just crops and flowers, no flower tool. Come on!

Taz D
Dec 26 2012, 05:28 PM
Okay, love the new release but you really need to fix the glitch of tools not showing up. I paid farm cash for them and do want to use them. If I get hired to chop, only get the axe. If I get hired for just crops and flowers, no flower tool. Come on!
The developers are aware of it and working on it as stated at the bottom of the announcement.

Aussie Rae
Dec 26 2012, 06:17 PM
still can not use tools when hired to do flowers or chop trees i don't know about harvesting trees as i have not been hired to harvest them. It is getting a little old clicking one at a time and the tools have become useless to me since i hire the work to be done on my farms and i work the marketplace. Can't get anyone to do my farms because of this issue.Please fix

just ask people to hire you for all and you can then access the tool box...do this until slashkey fix things...

dnana
Dec 26 2012, 06:17 PM
I just worked from the market and all my tools showed for me. Is it a server thing? I haven't cleaned my cache yet today, or for the last few days, and everything played as usual. I sure wish there was some way to stop people from stacking, tho. I always do everything I'm hired for but they sure do make it hard, and sometimes, impossible! Thanks, Taz, you rock the patience! :)

dnana
Dec 26 2012, 06:21 PM
I just saw Aussie Ray's post. I wasn't hired for all. The Boss had flowers but did not hire me for them, trees only. :)

SunnyD
Dec 26 2012, 07:35 PM
Love the update..... having fun with it... can't wait for the new levels so i get some FC lol lol Happy New year everyone..

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=14138&pictureid=40542

psycho_mommi
Dec 26 2012, 08:20 PM
so i have a quick question... does anyone know, on the new bonus chest- will it work if you hire someone you are FB friends with, but not a neighbor with? or does it only work if you are not FB friends AT ALL??

KnightRider
Dec 26 2012, 09:23 PM
so i have a quick question... does anyone know, on the new bonus chest- will it work if you hire someone you are FB friends with, but not a neighbor with? or does it only work if you are not FB friends AT ALL??

According to the Oct 2012 release it shows that the extra box is not for buddy or neighbor, so I would say that the chest would be the same thing, you can hire anyone as long as they are not a buddy or neighbor.

AudreyAL6
Dec 26 2012, 10:27 PM
great surprise thanks

Farmer_Susan
Dec 26 2012, 10:46 PM
I'm not sure if you have the flower harvesting problem solved but if not, here's some more info:

I hired someone tonight from the Marketplace to do just flowers & crops. I was pink - he was red. We got to my farm - he said he had no tools so I rehired from my farm. He still didn't have any tools.

Hope this helps.

MIRIAM DEL VALLE
Dec 26 2012, 11:05 PM
Tree shaker 12 x 8 wow, ready to buy, magnificent
thanks

art4227
Dec 27 2012, 02:16 PM
I had an issue when working on a farm. I was harvesting using just the single. Someone else start harvesting after me, I got to a point where I was getting a message that said something like 'already done'. There were still lots of plots left, but I would get the 'already done' message for every plot. I tried to collect my bonus, but did not receive it. Said work still needed to be done. When I refreashed the farm, I lost my chest.

roz1972
Dec 27 2012, 02:27 PM
love the chest but it is annoying when fishing and you have to reload to get the fish as you then lose the first part of chest bonus ...but i just see it as well i didnt have it before so any extra really is a bonus

rocker grrrrrl
Dec 27 2012, 08:52 PM
6. Job completion bonus for employees when Hired by Strangers in the Marketplace (coming later next week): To increase workforce availability in the marketplace and to improve the quality of the work performed by employees, we have decided to duplicate the potential benefits for those employees. For example if an employee plows for another farmer and earn 1000 XP and 5000 coins, if that employee completes the job fully in the farm, meaning there is no more plow to be done, then ONLY at that time the employee will have the option to collect a special bonus of an additional 5000 coins and 1000 XP.

The same applies for other types of work, in summary, employees have the option to duplicate their benefits but only if the job that he was hired for is completed fully on a particular farm. The employee is responsible for collecting the bonus on each farm by clicking the Chest icon on the top-left.

OK... I have a problem with this. I just got hired from the MP to shake trees. Shook them all but for whatever reason, there were two that would not respond to my tree shaker. So I had to put it down and pick up my single harvest tool to finish the job. The second I put down my big shaker tool, my bonus went poof. I was unable to collect for what I had done so far, it made me finish the job before it would pay anything at all. This has been the case for me ever since this has been implemented. What can be done? With all due respect to Raul and the devs, I gotta say, this is one horrible idea that doesn't seem to be working correctly.

JW2009
Dec 27 2012, 08:59 PM
Hi, this is what Raul posted on the first page of this thread...

"- The employee bonus feature has some issues, we will make some modifications to it hopefully by the end of the week, it will basically be a per farm bonus, meaning, at the very end, when the employee has completed all the jobs to be performed on the farm then the bonus could be claimed so you will be able to change tools as often as you want and still get the bonus as long as you complete your job.

- Sometimes when you work for others you can not access the bigger tools"

Thank You & Happy Farming™ 6. Job completion bonus for employees when Hired by Strangers in the Marketplace (coming later next week): To increase workforce availability in the marketplace and to improve the quality of the work performed by employees, we have decided to duplicate the potential benefits for those employees. For example if an employee plows for another farmer and earn 1000 XP and 5000 coins, if that employee completes the job fully in the farm, meaning there is no more plow to be done, then ONLY at that time the employee will have the option to collect a special bonus of an additional 5000 coins and 1000 XP.

The same applies for other types of work, in summary, employees have the option to duplicate their benefits but only if the job that he was hired for is completed fully on a particular farm. The employee is responsible for collecting the bonus on each farm by clicking the Chest icon on the top-left.

OK... I have a problem with this. I just got hired from the MP to shake trees. Shook them all but for whatever reason, there were two that would not respond to my tree shaker. So I had to put it down and pick up my single harvest tool to finish the job. The second I put down my big shaker tool, my bonus went poof. I was unable to collect for what I had done so far, it made me finish the job before it would pay anything at all. This has been the case for me ever since this has been implemented. What can be done? With all due respect to Raul and the devs, I gotta say, this is one horrible idea that doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Bratuski
Dec 27 2012, 09:02 PM
Love the update..... having fun with it... can't wait for the new levels so i get some FC lol lol Happy New year everyone..

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=14138&pictureid=40542

Yup, sure could use that FC......it's thursday nite now, so hoping for something to happen tomorrow, the last day of the week. We were told it would be next week and tomorrow should be it.....sure hope so....:)

rocker grrrrrl
Dec 27 2012, 09:03 PM
OK thanks... hopefully it will work itself out. I did change tools from the big shaker to the small harvester tool and was not able to collect anything. :(

Perico429
Dec 28 2012, 08:33 AM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Changes at the end of this post.

Known Issues:

- The employee bonus feature has some issues, we will make some modifications to it hopefully by the end of the week, it will basically be a per farm bonus, meaning, at the very end, when the employee has completed all the jobs to be performed on the farm then the bonus could be claimed so you will be able to change tools as often as you want and still get the bonus as long as you complete your job.

- Sometimes when you work for others you can not access the bigger tools.

I also notice that is you are hired you go along collecting your bonuses, but if the farmer rehires you for another job, you can no longer collect any further bonuses. It has happened to me on several occasions. (just a point of information)

susiefry
Dec 28 2012, 09:16 AM
Where do you get bonuses when you finish jobs when hired, i dont see anywhere to get one of claim one and add me to list of i cant access tools when hired :(

OK, i just did a job got up to almost 100,000 coins...WAHOOO but then, i lost it :( It said job wasnt complete but there was absolutely NOTHING left on the farm to do, no fishing no trees, nothing. So i thought well maybe i have to do the other farsm but then the bonus started all over????????? GRRR i was so excited but this isnt good at all. I need some help understanding how this works?

beverduster
Dec 28 2012, 11:41 AM
tomorrow or next week never comes, on farmtown, where or the new levels that was promised on the last release or did i read it wrong?

Bratuski
Dec 28 2012, 12:08 PM
tomorrow or next week never comes, on farmtown, where or the new levels that was promised on the last release or did i read it wrong?

in BOLD print it was stated that 15 new levels coming later next week.
No, there never any promises that I have ever seen.

Penelope Fielding
Dec 28 2012, 01:51 PM
OK, i just did a job got up to almost 100,000 coins...WAHOOO but then, i lost it :( It said job wasnt complete but there was absolutely NOTHING left on the farm to do, no fishing no trees, nothing. So i thought well maybe i have to do the other farsm but then the bonus started all over????????? GRRR i was so excited but this isnt good at all. I need some help understanding how this works?[/QUOTE]

Hi there!
There is a little chest that appears below the fuel tank in the upper left.
Yesterday, I had a worker who did all my farms....she thought... The new item that blocks out finished work makes it quite clear what remains to be done.
When my worker left, I am sure she thought she had earned the bonus, and I am just as sure that she didn't. There were a few trees on almost every farm that had not been done!
I suggest that when you do this, after finishing an entire farm, make it very small on the screen so you can see the entire farm, just to double check that all is done. Simply activate each tool again and anything you missed will show up.
I imagine many will be thinking the same as you, but would bet that they DID miss something.
After the employee had left, I finished the things she missed and made a large bonus! Hope she got hers too, but I am not sure.
Hope this helps you!!! :)

Aussie Rae
Dec 28 2012, 02:11 PM
OK, i just did a job got up to almost 100,000 coins...WAHOOO but then, i lost it :( It said job wasnt complete but there was absolutely NOTHING left on the farm to do, no fishing no trees, nothing. So i thought well maybe i have to do the other farsm but then the bonus started all over????????? GRRR i was so excited but this isnt good at all. I need some help understanding how this works?

Hi there!
There is a little chest that appears below the fuel tank in the upper left.
Yesterday, I had a worker who did all my farms....she thought... The new item that blocks out finished work makes it quite clear what remains to be done.
When my worker left, I am sure she thought she had earned the bonus, and I am just as sure that she didn't. There were a few trees on almost every farm that had not been done!
I suggest that when you do this, after finishing an entire farm, make it very small on the screen so you can see the entire farm, just to double check that all is done. Simply activate each tool again and anything you missed will show up.
I imagine many will be thinking the same as you, but would bet that they DID miss something.
After the employee had left, I finished the things she missed and made a large bonus! Hope she got hers too, but I am not sure.
Hope this helps you!!! :)[/QUOTE]

unfortunately there are huge numbers of people playing farmtown who know nothing about the rules concerning the bonus...they still try to hire for one farm, and when that is finished, try to rehire from the farm.....and a lot have trees hidden under other trees that are impossible to get with big tools...same with flowers...a lot of farmers have frozen flowers as well so we are unable to finish a task...and thereby lose the bonus....until slashkey change it so that we can exchange tools, and finish the entire work on a farm..and get the bonus after all the work is done.....I will only do the harvest and plow. But I do love the bonus system...just remember to click the save icon before clicking on the treasure chest...and do not put down your current tool till this is done ...or else you lose the bonus...

drr30
Dec 28 2012, 02:21 PM
Where do you get bonuses when you finish jobs when hired, i dont see anywhere to get one of claim one and add me to list of i cant access tools when hired :(

I believe there are still bugs in the bonus chest. what i've done and it seems to work is do one task first and complete it before going on to the next. after the first task is done don't change tools click on the treasure chest collect that bonus then start the next task.

here an example:

your hired to fish and chop on 2 farms:

do all the fishing first with your boat. when done fishing collect bonus.

don't switch tools till bonus is collect I've found that when you do that the bonus is gone.

Next grab your chain saw complete all our chopping, then collect that bonus before switching farms.

Then do the same thing on the other farm.

Hope this helps

bcubed2355
Dec 28 2012, 05:36 PM
when are we getting some new levels

WillowTreeFarm
Dec 28 2012, 06:04 PM
when are we getting some new levels

Right now, everyone! I just jumped to level 400 and received my farm cash. Thank you Raul and slashkey.

psycho_mommi
Dec 28 2012, 06:06 PM
la la la la laaaaa... waiting for my fc so i can spend it.... llllaaaa laaaa laalaaalaaaaa
didja like my song??? :D:D:D

StoneFace
Dec 28 2012, 06:09 PM
la la la la laaaaa... waiting for my fc so i can spend it.... llllaaaa laaaa laalaaalaaaaa
didja like my song??? :D:D:D

yep, it sound like a cross between a happy Christmas song, and a shepherd calling for his sheep...

but you need to sing louder... I could barely hear ya:cool:

psycho_mommi
Dec 28 2012, 06:13 PM
yep, it sound like a cross between a happy Christmas song, and a shepherd calling for his sheep...

but you need to sing louder... I could barely hear ya:cool:

LOLLLL SOMEONE heard me, we have levels and FC!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!
OFF TO GO SPEND IT NOW... LAAA LAAA LAAA LA LA LA LAAA LAAAAAA!!! <takes a bow> :D:D:D

FCM
Dec 28 2012, 06:19 PM
Something about purchasing vertical levels for modern farms, etc? Anyone else see that?

Petuniaflower
Dec 28 2012, 06:20 PM
YIPPEE Thank You Raul My Fair now has a Ferris Wheel It now looks like a fair

And I am having to remember all my passwords :eek: Because my Computer Hard Drive Blew and I am using my daughters until my new one gets here.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000188142676&farm_ix=16

My New Ferris Wheel

Russ Grove
Dec 28 2012, 06:22 PM
What is a modern vertical farm? I can now buy one

Docperk
Dec 28 2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the new levels and the after Christmas Money. Already have something in mind to spend it on... :)

Regina_Phelangie
Dec 28 2012, 06:24 PM
wonderful fix and upgrade....thanks! :)
Just got hired for chopping only and my Log Truck showed up...thanks!

SeaJay
Dec 28 2012, 06:45 PM
I also notice that is you are hired you go along collecting your bonuses, but if the farmer rehires you for another job, you can no longer collect any further bonuses. It has happened to me on several occasions. (just a point of information)

Same here perico AND if you are hired NON-solo, you can't collect bonuses. And YES I am also having problems with not being able to access large tools when hired just to chop....so far that's what I've seen. Glad people are reporting and that the bugs are being worked on. NEW LEVELS....YAY!!

Taz D
Dec 28 2012, 06:48 PM
Same here perico AND if you are hired NON-solo, you can't collect bonuses. And YES I am also having problems with not being able to access large tools when hired just to chop....so far that's what I've seen. Glad people are reporting and that the bugs are being worked on. NEW LEVELS....YAY!!
And fixes for the hiring problems.

Taz D
Dec 28 2012, 06:49 PM
What is a modern vertical farm? I can now buy one
It is a decoration item. You can find it in buildings section of the store.

SunnyD
Dec 28 2012, 06:51 PM
curious though... with the just now released... how it is worded for collecting that bonus for working for others... if you get kicked off the farm for no fault of your own.. which does happen quite often you won't get any bonus even if you have worked for an hour for someone cause one tree was not chopped or one field left not plowed??? that seems kind of not soo good... though we want people to finish what we did hire them for i totally get that theory...but.............I'm just saying...

carolineclark99
Dec 28 2012, 07:11 PM
any ideas on how to solve the problem of not being able to retrieve my facilities from the tool box all im getting up is dairy,sheep.and the odd facility.

max_river
Dec 28 2012, 07:16 PM
thank you for giving us our new levels ty

Regina_Phelangie
Dec 28 2012, 07:33 PM

I was shaking trees with several others and was able to collect my bonus, so don't know why you can't SeaJay? The problem with the log truck is fixed now, I was also just chopping trees with my big tool. I was hired just for chopping.

Tony D
Dec 28 2012, 07:37 PM
any ideas on how to solve the problem of not being able to retrieve my facilities from the tool box all im getting up is dairy,sheep.and the odd facility.Hi, open your facility manager and click on the funnel underneath A-Z make sure it is set to 'Facilities on all farms'

ArielB
Dec 28 2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks for fixing the flower and chop tools - it was a major problem with them not showing up and some people not understanding how to do the multi-hire to make them appear.

Also, tried that dim-out feature tonight and it is seriously awesome! You folks just keep making this game better and better! Rock on!!

1fritz
Dec 28 2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks for level 400 and the extra Farm cash.. You are the best!

Fritz

cpruss52
Dec 28 2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the additional levels and the corrections.

One thing that I have found is that if some of the flowers are frozen I can not collect the bonus.........331,616 coins :(

Aussie Rae
Dec 28 2012, 09:39 PM
I just lost over 150,000 coins because of stupid frozen flowers!!! wish they would remove this option!!! send a print screen off to slashkey....not happy!!

gypsy!
Dec 28 2012, 10:02 PM
THANK YOU developers for the new release. Wonderful.

Thank you to all the moderators that work so hard to help us all!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

:):):):):):):):):):):)

Aussie Rae
Dec 28 2012, 11:29 PM

you can collect the bonus for the work you do when someone else is also working on the same farm, just have to wait til all the work is finished by both workers and then click on save first, then on the treasure chest.I have found if you do not click save first, but click the treasure chest instead, the message given is that the bonus has expired..so click save before anything, lol

maggiel29
Dec 29 2012, 01:06 AM
Yay thanks for the new levels and cash. Happy Farming New Year Devs,Mods and everyone.

P Mommy - Toby is trying to join in with your singing please stop now :D:D

psycho_mommi
Dec 29 2012, 01:51 AM
Yay thanks for the new levels and cash. Happy Farming New Year Devs,Mods and everyone.

P Mommy - Toby is trying to join in with your singing please stop now :D:D

LOLLLLLLLL i will, i promise!! i have to decide what i spending the cash on.. a new fac, or a new train car....hhhmmmmmmmm????

peekachoo
Dec 29 2012, 02:47 AM
Yey , thank you for the updates Raul...and for the FC that has arrived safely this morning !

Ms Helpful
Dec 29 2012, 03:31 AM
what an amazing update, thank you to the developers and thank you for the mods who will be inundated with loads of questions from folk :D xxx

Mrs Mags
Dec 29 2012, 04:26 AM
Thanks Raul and all the FarmTown Devs for the update, new levels and the FC, and thanks for making FarmTown the best game ever!!

PeepsPlace
Dec 29 2012, 08:25 AM
what is up with the bonus? i dim out to make sure i have gotten everything and it tells me to complete the job how can i complete something that is already done????? this was working fine until this morning

destinie35
Dec 29 2012, 08:39 AM
when i finish a job for someone and go to collect bonus coins it says finish job first. The job is finished and still cant collect the coins , any suggestions

Spirit Graham
Dec 29 2012, 08:57 AM
A few issues I have found is one cannot complete a job when hired when they have overlapped especially the sea/rivers, because of the overlapping one cannot get all the fish, especially how they stack the river corners. Fruit trees are another problem especially when they are not fertilized, it is very difficult & time consuming to find any you may have missed. Also why after doing all the work when you finally do claim a bonus, you receive a message that it has expired. I love the new bonus treasure chest but how can the issues above be overcome.

Thank you

jkmyer
Dec 29 2012, 10:18 AM
First thank you for the upgrade. I don't know when this started because up until yesterday morning I had over 50 gifts, I lode one gift each time I open farmtown yesterday Morn before I left for work I had 24 gifts left, last night I had 23 and now when I opened my farm this morning I have only 22 not to mention the fact that I have a few neighbors that hardly ever miss a day that they sent a gift. Hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.
Granny

Farmer_Susan
Dec 29 2012, 10:25 AM
I'm having issues with the bonus chest. Last night, someone hired me for about 11 farms - hp, shake, flowers, fish, chop. I was only able to collect the bonus on about 4 of the farms. The other ones kept telling me I hadn't finished. I would switch tools back and forth looking for something I might have missed and I never could see anything.

loveko2
Dec 29 2012, 10:28 AM
i have the 3 kinds of freight trains with complete 12 trains attached so far. i want to know when is the right time to boost the train, upon dispatch or 1 day after dispatched? how many days will the boosted train expires? i observed that it easily expires or it always say "am sorry the train is ahead as scheduled?":confused: i spent all these fc to get all these freight trains and it makes me mad if my friends/neighbors messaged me that its already expired after i messaged them that i just boosted my trains?????:mad: thanks.

PubsAngels
Dec 29 2012, 10:43 AM
I have an issue with job completion bonus. It works great most of the time. But if a employer rehires you, because they forgot to add chop trees you no longer get the treasure chest. This causes you to loose out on the bonus working from the market. If you could fix this in some way that would be great.:(

Otherwise i like the new feature.:)

Taz D
Dec 29 2012, 10:50 AM
i have the 3 kinds of freight trains with complete 12 trains attached so far. i want to know when is the right time to boost the train, upon dispatch or 1 day after dispatched? how many days will the boosted train expires? i observed that it easily expires or it always say "am sorry the train is ahead as scheduled?":confused: i spent all these fc to get all these freight trains and it makes me mad if my friends/neighbors messaged me that its already expired after i messaged them that i just boosted my trains?????:mad: thanks.
The best time I have found is to send out your boost requests as soon as you dispatch the train. The most a train can be boosted is 1 day and each person who accepts boosts it ahead 2 hours, so the most that can boost it is 12 neighbors. If the train has already been boosted by that 1 day, then everyone else who tries will get that message.

Orx
Dec 29 2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks Raul for the new levels FC and the fix for hiring in the market. All seems to be working well. So far I have only had fishing jobs.

kellyb64
Dec 29 2012, 11:41 AM
As of this morning (after the update last night) there still is some problem with collecting the treasure chest bonus. I was hired to do one thing; harvest flowers. The flowers were easy to see and I harvested all 108 flowers. There was no layering nor anyflowers being covered by some decoration. Yet when I wanted to collect the bonus it says I was not done with what I was hired for. The person hiring me and I checked out all possibilities where a flower was not harvested. There were other things on the farm that were not done like trees, but I could not do those as I was not hired to do that. This has now happened on the last three jobs I was hired. I could collect a bonus if there was nothing left on the farm to harvest regardless of what I was hired to do

Angel7
Dec 29 2012, 11:50 AM
using extended tools is still NOT working - worked one farm and it worked, worked a second farm and couldn't get extended toolbox - lost the bonus because I couldn't finish the job

Tiger
Dec 29 2012, 12:00 PM
using extended tools is still NOT working - worked one farm and it worked, worked a second farm and couldn't get extended toolbox - lost the bonus because I couldn't finish the job

Hi there,

Could you supply a little more information please.....
What job where you hired for and what tools for that job do you own?

Thank you

jkmyer
Dec 29 2012, 12:20 PM
First thank you for the upgrade. I don't know when this started because up until yesterday morning I had over 50 gifts, I lode one gift each time I open farmtown yesterday Morn before I left for work I had 24 gifts left, last night I had 23 and now when I opened my farm this morning I have only 22 not to mention the fact that I have a few neighbors that hardly ever miss a day that they sent a gift. Hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.
Granny

just to add a note I went and worked a neighbors farm and when I came back I was missing another gift. 2 people have gifted me this morning but my count only increased by one. I am going to redeem the gifts I have left and see what happens.

Angel7
Dec 29 2012, 12:25 PM
Hi there,

Could you supply a little more information please.....
What job where you hired for and what tools for that job do you own?

Thank you

Just tried another one - was hired from the market ONLY for chopping trees with chainsaw and this guys farm was loaded with them. Chainsaw appeared on the main page, but extended toolbox not accessible. First farm there were about 30 or so that I could not get to no matter what I tried. Went ahead and went to another farm (for the same person), and there were 7 trees it would not let me chop, no matter how hard I tried. Lost the bonus on both farms so i didn't even try the other 5 farms that I know were loaded with trees. btw, I had just cleared cache and memcache immediately before doing this guys farm just to be sure of things.

BamaMike
Dec 29 2012, 12:31 PM
I have found out that sometimes I have to water the flowers to finish the job to get the chest bonus. I have searched farms for several minutes and everything appears done then I water the flowers and there is one left and when I harvest it , I get to collect the bonus. I had a pretty big bonus the first time and I had given up until I decided to water the flowers and that is when I found one flower that was not harvested.

slyder4040
Dec 29 2012, 01:40 PM
The chest bonus is a good idea, what I dont like about it is that it needs 100 percent complete. This needs to be changed to about 90-95 percent. There are many farms that have smaller trees that are hidden by larger trees that can not be gotten to. Flower that need to be watered first. The owner should have to have them watered first. There have been many times I could not receive the bonus, thanks to one of the things listed above. Please check into this.

ohoh
Dec 29 2012, 02:41 PM
im not able to collect the bonuses after getting all the work done, i click on the tressure icon and it continues to tell me that i have to finish in order to collct, and i cant even though everything is done, is anyone else having that problem?

Penelope Fielding
Dec 29 2012, 02:56 PM
Bonus for employees still not working. No bonus at all on work completed on 16 of my 17 farms

dnana
Dec 29 2012, 02:58 PM
I have found out that sometimes I have to water the flowers to finish the job to get the chest bonus. I have searched farms for several minutes and everything appears done then I water the flowers and there is one left and when I harvest it , I get to collect the bonus. I had a pretty big bonus the first time and I had given up until I decided to water the flowers and that is when I found one flower that was not harvested.

That happened to me, didn't think to water, I just assumed a bug and left. Thanks for the info!!!

Anyone else notice that the coins you get for visiting your farm once a day has finally gone over 40,000? Is it tied to levels?

Ohoh, try the above if you are hired for flowers. also, are you using the dimmer switch? I was hired to clean up someone else's leavings and that was a necessity. The Treasure Box is sensitive, it's not going to give you what you didn't earn, there has to be something left. Unless it's a bug, but I hope not. :)

dnana
Dec 29 2012, 02:59 PM
Bonus for employees still not working. No bonus at all on work completed on 16 of my 17 farms

Are you saying your worker did not get their bonus or are you expecting a bonus for yourself when they finish?

dnana
Dec 29 2012, 03:07 PM
A few issues I have found is one cannot complete a job when hired when they have overlapped especially the sea/rivers, because of the overlapping one cannot get all the fish, especially how they stack the river corners. Fruit trees are another problem especially when they are not fertilized, it is very difficult & time consuming to find any you may have missed.

Maybe if everyone wrote the Boss and told them that they cannot work their farms due to the stacking, they would take those down or at least not bother the rest of us with them. I tell them right off I don't do 9 layers or stacks, thank them for choosing me, and leave. There are other jobs and other workers, no sense in wasting anyone's time.

For the fruit trees, are you using the dimmer switch? I never use the fertz highlight, the dimmer switch is way better for finding undone work, especially picking and fishing.:)

Aussie Rae
Dec 29 2012, 03:29 PM
I find that FROZEN FLOWERS are the worst...there is no way you can harvest them...so you cannot finish the job to collect the bonus..and yes, some people insist on planting tall trees on top of short trees, which makes it near impossible to harvest...sometimes if you put down your big tree shaker and pick up the single harvester, you will find that elusive tree and can then shake it..and I have found if you click on the bonus chest before clicking on the save icon, you get that message saying the bonus has expired!!!

happyfarmgal
Dec 29 2012, 03:36 PM
I keep getting "bonus expired" on multi-farm hires. There is no rhyme or reason, I may be able to collect bonus on, say, farms 1,2, 5 and 6 but when I go to collect the bonus on farm 3,4 I can click the bonus, but then it says it is expired. I also ran into an issue where I did every single thing on a farm, but the bonus was showing I hadn't completed everything. I double checked to make sure it was complete, but it would not show as done. Is anyone else having these issues?

Angel7
Dec 29 2012, 03:38 PM
Things are getting really messed up - went to my farm and noticed my fertilizer had run out. Fertilized all farms and then clicked the green guy to put down the tool. The tool disappeared. Went to marketplace and was hired to harvest & plow. when I got to their farm I clicked on the harvest/plow combine tool in extended toolbox. When I went to harvest/plow it tried to fertilize this guys farm and of course it said it couldn't do it - wouldn't let me harvest no matter what buttons I selected to try to put that tool down - just kept trying to fertilize.

Angel7
Dec 29 2012, 05:02 PM
the ongoing saga: got hired to harvest and plow only on 7 farms. First 5 went wonderful, easy, all bonuses collected. Farm 6 there was 2 crops on farm, but only 1 was ready and the other had hours to go. There were also a few trees to harvest and chop, but I wasn't hired for this and no tools appeared to do them. I harvested everything that was there, but was denied the bonus saying there was more to do. Farm number 7 went fine and got the bonus there. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for why we are getting denials of the bonuses.

max_river
Dec 29 2012, 05:09 PM
is it just me but today when trying to fill my factories and i keep getting the black box like one you get when you first do thing on your farm and other but i never have had that issue when i fill my factory and frustrating getting it every factory you are filling your factory the message is saying connecting to mainframe

max_river
Dec 29 2012, 05:15 PM
now i getting it every time move farms. getting so frustrated

peanutgallery
Dec 29 2012, 05:46 PM
First i want to say ty again to developers and the people that work hard to al lthose who try to keep new stuff coming for us to use i really appreciate it ....esp the little boost with the Levels and a farm 17

I have a suggestion for the new bonus thing instead of making it poof every time you go onto another farm of the same person who hired you how about keeping them and let them keep growin maybe at a certain amount of xp earned when plowing another persons farms maybe we can earn a FT cash dollar or 2 or even if you collect so much if everything is kept this way we can earn FT cash not all of us can afford to spend money to buy FT to buy more tools etc just tryin to think of another way for us to earn. I understand there are glitches i've had where it says that my coins and xp bonus has expired if i hit it just as i finish work on anothers farm please fix its nice being able to have earn extra this way as well

hurican
Dec 29 2012, 10:00 PM
Raul posted this update about 7 hours ago -

That will address your point about people cherry picking. Not sure how the multi-hire scenario will work, but I guess that each worker will accumulate for their own work and when there is no work left on the farm each worker still on that farm can claim their individual bonus. Could be wrong. Whether it will help with the fishing scenario (where some fish just can't be caught without reloading the farm, unless you have the Turbo Boat) is yet to be seen.

They need to seperate trees an crops an flowers an crops.

dnana
Dec 29 2012, 10:07 PM
they need to separate trees and crops and flowers and crops.

please!!!!!

dnana
Dec 29 2012, 10:08 PM
Things are getting really messed up - went to my farm and noticed my fertilizer had run out. Fertilized all farms and then clicked the green guy to put down the tool. The tool disappeared. Went to marketplace and was hired to harvest & plow. when I got to their farm I clicked on the harvest/plow combine tool in extended toolbox. When I went to harvest/plow it tried to fertilize this guys farm and of course it said it couldn't do it - wouldn't let me harvest no matter what buttons I selected to try to put that tool down - just kept trying to fertilize.

wow, that's a new one. have you cleaned your caches today?

Majik Merlin
Dec 30 2012, 01:47 AM
Had a worker tell me they did not get the bonus for finishing a farm...apparently because there was a second worker on the farm. Is that accurate? Only ONE person can do a farm in order to get bonus, or only one of the workers gets the bonus, or neither worker will get the bonus when the job is done?? This seems unfair, the bonus if earned should at least be prorated. BUT before i'm told to only hire one person for a job, let me point out an ongoing issue with the hiring system.

I try to hie only one worker per job. When I hire someone, I wait a reasonable time and if I don't get a 'reply of acceptance', I will then hire someone else. OFTEN, the next person will accept and I click to return to the farm with them. Shortly therefter, the first person shows up and sometimes they are already there and I wind up with two workers having only received acceptance from the second person. I can under stand this happening when the first person is slow to respond, but often the first person is working BEFORE I or the second person gets there.

There is also another issue. I will 'lose' a worker. Nothing shows that they are collecting/working (the scrolling notices of work being done). I check all the farms and find there is NO ONE on any of my farms, so I go to the market and hire new worker. While that worker is working, I suddenly start getting notices someone else is collecting!!! Huh?? where were they when I was looking for them? Very annoying. In this case, I presume one or both will not get the bonus??

Need to find some equity or lots of workers will wind up unhappy.

I like the bonus idea but think this kind of thing needs resolution.

Hope I haven't confused the heck outta y'all

Majik Merlin
Dec 30 2012, 01:52 AM

What??? you can fertilize OTHER PEOPLES farms??? Wow! Did not know that.

cindyt755
Dec 30 2012, 01:59 AM
Thanks for all the new things. But please we need more iron ore, crude oil, and chicken.

KnightRider
Dec 30 2012, 02:22 AM

What??? you can fertilize OTHER PEOPLES farms??? Wow! Did not know that.

No you can't fertilize a neighbors farms, if you look at the quote you quoted it says it couldn't do it.

dnana
Dec 30 2012, 09:27 AM
Majik, your post is very clear, no worries. I have had the same questions and issues as you, appreciate you bringing it up. I think it has been stated earlier in this thread that if there are 2 people working the same job and one finishes before the other (altho I really don't see how that could happen, most people aren't polite enough to leave work for someone else, in my experience), the one who finishes first needs to wait until the other one finishes to collect their bonus.

I also have seen the same thing you describe with hiring, it's very frustrating!! I really hate to be viewed by my workers, even total strangers, as someone who doesn't know what they're doing!

Angel7
Dec 30 2012, 12:20 PM
Had a worker tell me they did not get the bonus for finishing a farm...apparently because there was a second worker on the farm. Is that accurate? Only ONE person can do a farm in order to get bonus, or only one of the workers gets the bonus, or neither worker will get the bonus when the job is done?? This seems unfair, the bonus if earned should at least be prorated. BUT before i'm told to only hire one person for a job, let me point out an ongoing issue with the hiring system.

I try to hie only one worker per job. When I hire someone, I wait a reasonable time and if I don't get a 'reply of acceptance', I will then hire someone else. OFTEN, the next person will accept and I click to return to the farm with them. Shortly therefter, the first person shows up and sometimes they are already there and I wind up with two workers having only received acceptance from the second person. I can under stand this happening when the first person is slow to respond, but often the first person is working BEFORE I or the second person gets there.

There is also another issue. I will 'lose' a worker. Nothing shows that they are collecting/working (the scrolling notices of work being done). I check all the farms and find there is NO ONE on any of my farms, so I go to the market and hire new worker. While that worker is working, I suddenly start getting notices someone else is collecting!!! Huh?? where were they when I was looking for them? Very annoying. In this case, I presume one or both will not get the bonus??

I'm no expert, but I have had this same problem and it is USUALLY because the worker is switching farms and sometimes it takes a really long time to get there. Seems like going from farm to farm is getting longer and longer - that black box just sits there forever. Will also take longer for them to get there based on big your farms are. But if I have a farm half done and there is nobody there, I will safely assume that they have left or been disconnected. :)

Aussie Rae
Dec 30 2012, 04:59 PM

more than one person can work on the farms, they all have to stay there til all the work is finished in order to collect their bonus.....and I have found if you don't click "save icon" before clicking on the treasure chest....you get the expired message...

Aussie Rae
Dec 30 2012, 05:03 PM
I keep getting "bonus expired" on multi-farm hires. There is no rhyme or reason, I may be able to collect bonus on, say, farms 1,2, 5 and 6 but when I go to collect the bonus on farm 3,4 I can click the bonus, but then it says it is expired. I also ran into an issue where I did every single thing on a farm, but the bonus was showing I hadn't completed everything. I double checked to make sure it was complete, but it would not show as done. Is anyone else having these issues?

make sure you click on the save icon before you click on the treasure chest....it you don't click on save, you will get the expired message..this is from my own experience when working strangers farms from market...

TsunamiVince
Dec 30 2012, 06:15 PM
I hate to ask a stupid question, but where is all my salt water bait going? Did I miss something in one of the updates?

Rob T
Dec 30 2012, 06:51 PM
I hate to ask a stupid question, but where is all my salt water bait going? Did I miss something in one of the updates?

Hi,

If you own the fishing tackle shop, that maybe where it is going to...

Gregh
Dec 30 2012, 07:56 PM
I don't know when it started, but I notice that if I leave a farm without collecting my bonus, I can return to that farm and collect the bonus provided I have not done any work on another farm in the meantime.

Also, this morning one of my hires had to reload the game to refuel (his fuel tank icon had disappeared and the game told him he needed to have fuel-using tools before he could refuel). When I rehired him from the marketplace after he did this, his uncompleted bonus was waiting for him. He was able to finish the farm he had been working on and collect the full bonus.

Nifty!

Edited to add: I wonder if this will help with the "can't get the bonus because I can't get all the fish" scenario? If you move to another farm them immediately come back, the remaining fish should be rearranged as if you reloaded the same farm. Hmm.

Edited to add: Yes, it does. :) :) :) Took my hire three tries but he got all the fish and all the crops and claimed the full bonus.

Edited to add: Don't need to go to another farm - clicking the current farm in the farm selector to refresh it works too.

ImajeanB
Dec 30 2012, 08:55 PM
How can we keep the bait out of the tackle box and into the ponds and rivers? Someone said to uncheck them and that seemed to work for awhile but now I never have enough bait in the ponds. Thank you.

Taz D
Dec 30 2012, 10:38 PM
How can we keep the bait out of the tackle box and into the ponds and rivers? Someone said to uncheck them and that seemed to work for awhile but now I never have enough bait in the ponds. Thank you.
Have you checked to see if those boxes got checked again?

Aussie Rae
Dec 31 2012, 01:02 AM
am still waiting for that problem with frozen flowers to be fixed, just lost another 107.166 bonus because of one lousy frozen flower!!!

Tiger
Dec 31 2012, 12:13 PM
am still waiting for that problem with frozen flowers to be fixed, just lost another 107.166 bonus because of one lousy frozen flower!!!

Hi there,

To give the devs a little more information, was the flower frozen at partially grown or ready to harvest stage?

ImajeanB
Dec 31 2012, 02:22 PM
Have you checked to see if those boxes got checked again?

Yes I have...they are unchecked.

max_river
Dec 31 2012, 03:41 PM
i have one issue with that only some people will get 2 fc for hitting 400 level. my wife was at 385 but she did not reach the top level she 386 and she did not even get the one fc for going up a level what up with that. bad enough she want get 2fc but not to get anything sucks. wonder why people are not playing any more. we both have put a lot of money in to this game and not get anything for moving up not right at all. sorry i had to rant

Aussie Rae
Dec 31 2012, 04:42 PM
Hi there,

To give the devs a little more information, was the flower frozen at partially grown or ready to harvest stage?

the flower was fully grown to look at, have had this problem numerous times, we cannot harvest frozen flowers, if the farmer comes back and tries to unfreeze them, they still appear frozen to me....have lost out on about 6 bonus's due to these...and others are experiencing the same problem...when you have accumulated a huge bonus its disheartening to have to lose it....

StoneFace
Dec 31 2012, 05:07 PM
i have one issue with that only some people will get 2 fc for hitting 400 level. my wife was at 385 but she did not reach the top level she 386 and she did not even get the one fc for going up a level what up with that. bad enough she want get 2fc but not to get anything sucks. wonder why people are not playing any more. we both have put a lot of money in to this game and not get anything for moving up not right at all. sorry i had to rant

maybe, just maybe she will get the whole$30 at level 400, since this is a one time offer and since the levels from 386-400 are not being credited with just $1

Gregh
Dec 31 2012, 05:15 PM
the flower was fully grown to look at, have had this problem numerous times, we cannot harvest frozen flowers, if the farmer comes back and tries to unfreeze them, they still appear frozen to me....have lost out on about 6 bonus's due to these...and others are experiencing the same problem...when you have accumulated a huge bonus its disheartening to have to lose it....

I just tried this - froze a ripe flower, then hired someone to do flowers. When they got to the frozen flower, of course they couldn't harvest it and couldn't claim the bonus, so I came over and unfroze the flower. They again tried to harvest it and this time got the odd message "this flower was not harvested in time and has gone to waste".

They then reloaded the current farm by clicking on the yellow diamond in the farm selector. The flower now showed dimmed out to them - and they were able to collect their bonus.

So...

If you encounter frozen flowers that prevent you claiming a bonus, you can try this:

1. ask the farmer to unfreeze them for you; then
2. when/if they do, try to harvest the unfrozen flowers, and
3. after that, reload the farm using the farm selector.

This method does depend on the farmer being willing to unfreeze the flowers. It's a workaround, not a solution.

(It's possible that other techniques will also work - this is just one that I have tested myself and which worked for me. I can't guarantee that it will work in all cases.)

StoneFace
Dec 31 2012, 06:05 PM
flowers aren't the only thing frozen.....

myself, and more than a few neighbors are experiencing very, very, VERY slow response times...

tonight the slowness has taken away the fun... may not be fixed till next year.

max_river
Dec 31 2012, 11:26 PM
maybe, just maybe she will get the whole$30 at level 400, since this is a one time offer and since the levels from 386-400 are not being credited with just $1

thank you for the info i never thought of that. happy new year to you..

Ilsewdm
Dec 31 2012, 11:28 PM
At one point I had a flower on a farm that was ALWAYS frozen when I harvested with the "multi" tool, but I could always harvest it by changing to the single harvest tool.

CynthiaSue
Jan 01 2013, 01:39 AM

Maybe you could try messaging the employer to come get the stubborn flower. I know I would be happy to help an employee get a bonus if it was my farm. Of course, sometimes the owner is not even on the game or is perhaps working someone elses farm, but it may be worth a shot.

Aussie Rae
Jan 01 2013, 04:44 AM
I just tried this - froze a ripe flower, then hired someone to do flowers. When they got to the frozen flower, of course they couldn't harvest it and couldn't claim the bonus, so I came over and unfroze the flower. They again tried to harvest it and this time got the odd message "this flower was not harvested in time and has gone to waste".

They then reloaded the current farm by clicking on the yellow diamond in the farm selector. The flower now showed dimmed out to them - and they were able to collect their bonus.

So...

If you encounter frozen flowers that prevent you claiming a bonus, you can try this:

1. ask the farmer to unfreeze them for you; then
2. when/if they do, try to harvest the unfrozen flowers, and
3. after that, reload the farm using the farm selector.

This method does depend on the farmer being willing to unfreeze the flowers. It's a workaround, not a solution.

(It's possible that other techniques will also work - this is just one that I have tested myself and which worked for me. I can't guarantee that it will work in all cases.)
thanks for that information, I did try to get a farmer to unfreeze the flowers on one farm, but she was very reluctant to do that and only succeeded in unfreezing one, which left about 20 more that she did not do...so as of now, unless slashkey come up with a solution to this problem, I will not accept any work that includes flowers...its too time consuming trying to get the particular farmer to come back, sometimes they have actually logged out of facebook...an option to change these frozen flowers to decorations only would be nice,

LoreneC
Jan 01 2013, 07:14 AM
thanks for that information, I did try to get a farmer to unfreeze the flowers on one farm, but she was very reluctant to do that and only succeeded in unfreezing one, which left about 20 more that she did not do...so as of now, unless slashkey come up with a solution to this problem, I will not accept any work that includes flowers...its too time consuming trying to get the particular farmer to come back, sometimes they have actually logged out of facebook...an option to change these frozen flowers to decorations only would be nice,

My flower farm had frozen ones for the decorated part. I have replaced them with easter mushrooms and flower pods for color, but I agree, it would be nice if the devs could come up with a way we could have frozen flowers and our workers still get their bonus.

CynthiaSue
Jan 01 2013, 07:37 AM
Here is my question regarding the chest bonuses: Suppose I have a field of flowers, totally watered and they appear all ready to harvest but there is one or more hidden in the field that aren't quite ready yet. Than suppose I hire someone to harvest them and while they are harvesting the few that weren't before become ready to harvest. You would have to reload the farm in order for them to be able to be harvested, right? Would those few flowers keep my worker from being able to collect the bonus even though they weren't ready when they were hired and arrived on the farm?

Farmer_Susan
Jan 01 2013, 08:58 AM
I LOVE the chest bonuses! But we shouldn't have to work so hard to get 'em. Work hard for the farmer who hired us, yes. But the farmer shouldn't have to follow us to the farm to hide any semis, oil rigs or other tools that might have things hiding behind them - and we shouldn't have to worry about frozen flowers or trees planted so close together you can't possibly fine the exact one that's still ripe. Instead, how about a "Show me what I missed" button the employee can use? That could make everything that's non-harvestable on the farm totally disappear (not just be dimmed). That would include tools. And maybe even the background color of the farm should be changed to white because I know some of my flowers are hard to see on the sandy colored background of one of my farms. And we need an exception for frozen flowers - shouldn't be penalized for not harvesting those. There. Did that cover all that we need?

Oh no, wait! I have one other thing on my wish list: I think neighbors should be able to claim the chest, too. I understand about trying to encourage us to hire newer folks - and I like to do that and am all for it. But just now, someone hired me from the Marketplace and I didn't see any chests to work for and my thought was, "@#%$(^@! Must be a neighbor of mine! I don't want to work for neighbors!" Whoaaaaa . . . THAT'S certainly not a neighborly way to feel! Well, heck. I honestly don't know what to do about this part of my request because I do understand about wanting to encourage hiring strangers. I just think it can create bad ju-ju among neighbors, which isn't a good thing.

sod farmer
Jan 01 2013, 09:28 AM
"Rob T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsunamiVince View Post
Hi,

If you own the fishing tackle shop, that maybe where it is going to... "

My bait keeps disappearing also. Not a big deal - I just build it back up - but it it a glitch for me also. I have one fishing tackle shop. Before I loaded my facilities this a.m. I checked my fishing bait numbers - they were both 0 again. I had several thousand of both last night AFTER I fished my ponds. I only have 1 large and 4 small seacoasts and one big lake.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 01 2013, 09:34 AM
Another thought . . . I'd like to see the "Show me what I missed" button that I suggested above be available when you're harvesting your own farm. Obviously we don't get extra credit like employees do, but given the OCD farmer that I am, I would love to be able to use that tool when I'm doing my own farming.

Taz D
Jan 01 2013, 11:44 AM
Here is my question regarding the chest bonuses: Suppose I have a field of flowers, totally watered and they appear all ready to harvest but there is one or more hidden in the field that aren't quite ready yet. Than suppose I hire someone to harvest them and while they are harvesting the few that weren't before become ready to harvest. You would have to reload the farm in order for them to be able to be harvested, right? Would those few flowers keep my worker from being able to collect the bonus even though they weren't ready when they were hired and arrived on the farm?
As I understand they can refresh the farm by clicking on that farm and the bonus will still be there. So no that should not stop them from collecting.