PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- October 8th, 2013

Raul
Oct 08 2013, 02:08 AM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last info posted at Oct 16th, 7:00 PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 16 New Halloween items in the Store: This includes a big House of Horror.

2. 36 x 36 Farm Expansions for farms 1 - 5: 40 FarmCash OR

Farm 1 Expansion: 30,000,000,000
Farm 2 Expansion: 30,000,000,000
Farm 3 Expansion: 30,000,000,000
Farm 4 Expansion: 30,000,000,000
Farm 5 Expansion: 30,000,000,000

3. Long Sliding-Door Freight Car now delivers Silk Textile Rolls as well

4. Popup changes:

a) Popup to publish to news feed when buying from the Store is only shown when buying Farms, Farm Upgrades, Tools, Trains or Facilities.

b) Popup containing the warning for 'Hidden Items' now has a check box to disable it forever. This check box is only shown for users with Level > 100.

5. Turbo Tools for Regular Facilities: The new Turbo tools 'Turbo Workbenches' and 'Turbo Utility Carts' allow you to Start Products in multiple Facilities that need Workbenches and Utility Carts to operate.

There is also a Turbo Ordering Station to Order Products from All the Semi-Trailer Trucks in All your Farms.

To use these tools use the 'Start All' button in the Facility Manager. Click the Tool help icon in the Store (?) to check what facilities are operated with these new tools.

6. Manure Collector: This Animal Tool enable to Collect Manure on All Pigsties in All Farms. To use this tool click the 'Harvest All' button in the Facility Manager.

7. Neighbour Page Improvements:

a) It populates information faster
b) Showing the Best Diversification Rank of each neighbour
b) Showing the new Help Given Rank of each neighbour. This ranks your neighbours based on how much they help their friends.

You can sort by Best Diversification and Help Given as well. This info is updated once a day or every time a neighbour load the game after a period of inactivity.

The rules for computing the Help Given to Your Friends by You are:

1 point for CLAIM_BONUS, SEND_INGREDIENTS, SEND_GIFT and WATER_FLOWERS actions
5 points for WORK_IN_FARM, WORK_FACILITIES, WORK_SERVICE_FACILITIES, WORK_RAILROADS and SELL_PRODUCTS actions
FarmCash Price * 20 for each SEND_FARMCASH_GIFT action, this include ALL Farm Cash items, Certificates, Facilities, etc.

A particular helping action only count once per friend in a few hours period. For example, if you work in user X farm you get one point, if you work in user Y farm right after that you get another point, but if you work again on user X farm right after that it will not count, you will have to wait a few hours for it to count.

8. Sorting in the Main Neighbour Bar: When you click on a neighbour, there will be 4 new Sorting Options available: By Online Status (green dot), By Level, By Best Diversification or by Help Given.

In the next release we will show your picture in the appropriate spot in the Neighbour Bar so it's easier for you to see how you are doing compared to your neighbours.

9. Farm Stats Improvements:

a) Added Fish and Animal Categories
b) Non-producing Trees are now excluded
c) Layered or Duplicated items are ignored, so the numbers should be quite similar to the ones provided by the Search Tool and what you can see in your farm
d) Consolidated same products from different sources, ex: milk from Regular Cow and milk from the Holstein Cow are now grouped together
e) 'All - Ready - Now' is now the default filter view
f) Sorting capability, by Name or Quantity

As mentioned before, if technically possible we might offer in the future premium farm cash tools to extend this statistic retrieval capability to all your farms at once.

10. Other Improvements:

a) Messaging System Fixes: Some users were not able to get into their inbox for a while, they will see the Loading... message forever. We made some changes that may have fixed this, if this is not the case please report it.

b) Although we still do not officially support layering in the game, we are adding some protections to minimize the chances of losing farm cash items due to layering.

11. Sauce and Condiments Factory (FC): Produces Sauces and Condiments.

Apple Sauce
Mayonnaise
Teriyaki Sauce
Hot Sauce
Yellow Mustard
Pesto
Alfredo Sauce
Vinaigrette Dressing
Ranch Dressing
Steak Sauce

New Products in other facilities: Cider Barrel in the Winery and Apple Cider Vinegar in the Wine Cellar.

12. Souvenir Factory (Coins): Produces Souvenirs.

Coconut Monkey
Coconut Guitar
Tribe Mini Drum
Farming Scene
Beer Stein
Postcard
Tractor Keychain
Ship in Bottle

New Products in other facilities: Glass Bottle in the Glass Factory.

13. Culinary School (FC): Provides Education Services on Food Preparation and can be stocked with most products from the Sauce and Condiments Factory.

14. Gift Shop (Coins): Provides Souvenirs Retail Services and can be stocked with all products from the Souvenir Factory.

New Products in other facilities: Paperweight in the Glass Factory

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - Oct 11th, 6:45 PM EST

- Farm Upgrades released
- Extra layering protection to avoid losing items

Post Release Updates - Oct 15th, 7:00 PM EST

- Farmstats numbers should be accurate now
- Sauce and Condiments factory is now assigning XP correctly
- There were some random blank spots in the neighbour page messing with the layout, this is now fixed
- The security exploit that allowed to dispatch more than one train using the same freight cars is now fixed. This include the case where 2 locomotives were attached to each end of the train and then dispatched separately, this can't be done now.

Post Release Updates - Oct 16th, 1:10 AM EST

- Fixed bug with Farmstats crashing when invoked unintentionally on a farm that had no growing plants, ex: all facilities

Known Issues:

- Some users with lots of facilities and turbo tools may experience connection timeout errors when doing a Start All in the Facility Manager.

JW2009
Oct 08 2013, 02:09 AM
WOW - Thank you so much Raul and your Dev Team, Onced again you'ved amazed me, well all of us, and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this game and how much you and your team works together and listen to us players :) BIG SMILES - Thank You & Happy Farming™

bjyhey3
Oct 08 2013, 02:13 AM
Thank You...nice update

Electrox
Oct 08 2013, 02:20 AM
Thanks Raul......

Padme
Oct 08 2013, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the update!

maggiel29
Oct 08 2013, 02:38 AM
Only got as far as the long sliding door car delivers silk textile rolls - and I am very happy - thank you thank you - now to read on.

KnightRider
Oct 08 2013, 02:43 AM
A particular helping action only count once per friend in a few hours period. For example, if you send a gift to user X you get one point, if you send another gift to user Y right after that, you get another point, but if you send another gift to user X right after that it will not count, you will have to wait a few hours for it to count.

I thought you had to wait like 8 or 12 hours before you could send a gift to a neighbor that you already sent a gift, has this changed? Above it mentions send a gift to X, then send a gift to Y right after you sent one to X, then it says that if you send another gift to X right after sending the gift to Y, this is the part I didn't think was possible. So wouldn't you have to wait a few hours to be able to send X a second gift? I hope that was understandable not easy to put it down to where its not confusing.

EDIT: The points that it shows in the help given for an individual, for example I have a neighbor that shows help given 400, that is the help that I have given to him to get the points to that number correct?

MAUROMEN
Oct 08 2013, 03:03 AM
Thanks Raul!!

Tony D
Oct 08 2013, 03:06 AM
Thanks Mate .

TartanLady
Oct 08 2013, 04:18 AM
Great update thank you now back to farming :)

Raenie
Oct 08 2013, 05:03 AM
Hi, I just tried to buy one of the Turbo Tools, and system didn't recognise that I already own the required previous tool in the series!

tia,

~Raenie

p.s. Thanks for giving us so many new things to play with! :)

Dutch85
Oct 08 2013, 05:45 AM
Raul, thank you so much for the awesome update! Love it all!

mac16129
Oct 08 2013, 05:49 AM
Thanks to all for another fantastic update!

theperfectnina
Oct 08 2013, 05:57 AM
I was hoping for crude oil to be added to the trains, it really is ridiculous how much we use. Also in the Petrochemical Plant we need the Polyester Fiber and Nylon Rolls to be added to the Long Tank Car

brenda steele
Oct 08 2013, 06:02 AM
Please can you increase the production in things like the oil pumps, you added so many new things to the petrochemical plant but not increased the output of the oil pumps just isnt enough crude oil to keep them going, help please

brenda steele
Oct 08 2013, 06:03 AM
I totally agree, they keep adding new items but not increasing the production of things to make them with, I have just had to put some of my petrochemical plants and oil refineries into storage cos I just haven't got enough stock to fill them anymore :(

brenda steele
Oct 08 2013, 06:09 AM
I just went to try to extend my farm 3 from 34x34 to the new 36x36 and its telling me i already have all the upgrades available, yet its still showing 34x34

lab lover
Oct 08 2013, 06:16 AM
I just went to try to extend my farm 3 from 34x34 to the new 36x36 and its telling me i already have all the upgrades available, yet its still showing 34x34

The new land upgrades are not available yet,1-2 days i think it said :)

marymarcel
Oct 08 2013, 06:22 AM
Thanks a lot Raul!!

rjohn726
Oct 08 2013, 06:24 AM
Thanks for all

Jean's Farm
Oct 08 2013, 06:26 AM
Thanks Raul.....you snuck up on me with this one. :) :D

Orx
Oct 08 2013, 06:28 AM
Great update thank you.

kataltay
Oct 08 2013, 07:14 AM
Wonderful update, Raul!!!! I am ecstatic about the new car that provides more silk textile rolls!!! Thank you for hearing us once again! :D All other new features are great, too. Sooo happy.:D:D

HelenJS22
Oct 08 2013, 07:30 AM
Thank You :) My busy real world schedule loves having new turbo tools :)

Qivis
Oct 08 2013, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the upgrade, but the same problem as last time we got new turbo tools is occurring in the storage. The regular versions of the mobile utility carts and workbenches are in storage and they do work as they have all along, but since they do not list there the store refuses to acknowledge I have them and unlock the turbo versions. Will Raul be able to fix them the same way he did last time, or do I need to write to customer service and wait 6 weeks?\

I was able to buy the turbo for loading the meat trucks.

maggiel29
Oct 08 2013, 07:52 AM
OK - love the Turbo tools, the silk textile rolls, the ingredient planner from last time is brilliant etc etc.
BUT I really dont see the point of the neighbour point system. And the Farm Stats why do I need it when I can see what is ready.
Sorry devs but I think you could have used the time maybe decluttering the store - some of the old items are naive and too big and the older buildings need alternate/switch views.
Having said that - Im still addicted to this game - and I would have been a happy bunny with just the silk in the train car - thank you.

HelenJS22
Oct 08 2013, 08:12 AM
Have redone my facilities and services tonight and LOVE LOVE LOVE my turbo tools. THANK YOU :)

Hey Raul, now that you've sorted the Turbo Tools, and are maybe looking for something to do could you perhaps make it easier and quicker for us to run around all the farms harvesting trees and flowers? It takes me simply ages to do it all, and even after all this time it is difficult to get employed farmers to do it without leaving lots of clean up work. It is harder to run around after them cleaning up the bits they leave un done, than it is to do it myself in the first place. There must be an easier way.

Remember when we used to water our flowers square by square and now we can just hit each farm with a sprinkler? ... You get my drift?

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE UPDATE :)

FCM
Oct 08 2013, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the update and for fixing the messages bug. :)

mpwhitford
Oct 08 2013, 09:10 AM
The souvenir factory requires Glass Bottle which indicates is made in the glass factory. In the new release information it says New Products in other facilities: Paperweight in the Glass Factory.

I don't see either one of these items in the glass factory. Has it just not been updated?

marymarcel
Oct 08 2013, 09:24 AM
The souvenir factory requires Glass Bottle which indicates is made in the glass factory. In the new release information it says New Products in other facilities: Paperweight in the Glass Factory.

I don't see either one of these items in the glass factory. Has it just not been updated?

Hi! both have been updated in the Glass Factory, you need to go to the botton of it to find the new items.:)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1378636_10201421149642693_2012402202_n.jpg

bayoubes
Oct 08 2013, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the update, loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the added Halloween stuff, now I can really decorate my farm even more.

mpwhitford
Oct 08 2013, 10:36 AM
why does my best diversification rank keep resetting? and yes I do know the difference between the two numbers. yesterday when I did my factories my best rank went up to 54314 and now this morning it is back down to what it was before yesterday 53728. this isn't the first time it's reset either.

Qivis
Oct 08 2013, 10:40 AM
I tried to private message you, Raul, but it says your box is full. So I hope you see this!

I noticed when you fixed the problem with my turbo tools last time new ones came out that even though the regular workbenches and mobile utility carts were in storage and working as they should they were also acting as ghosts and not listed. So I anticipated that either they would return on their own - which I've sometimes had happen with lakes and sea shores and once even another tool - or would cause a problem when the turbo versions came out. Sure enough, even though they are in storage and work they are not listing in storage and therefore not unlocking the turbos correctly. Let me know if you need to log in as me again like you did last time.

I love the checkbox to shut off the "warning" popup, by the way! I just didn't know there were updates and clicked all the red Xs out of habit this morning.

KnightRider
Oct 08 2013, 11:08 AM
To Raul:

In the new example for the help given number you mention work on your neighbors farm, but there again as far as I know you can't do anything on the same neighbors farm without waiting several hours. Watering flowers can only be done once a day, working neighbors factories and services can only be done every 8 hours from the last time you worked the last factory or service facility, and doing the tornado cleanup and watering the farm you don't get that if you go back to the same neighbor in a short period, I understand what you are saying in that example, but as far as I can see it isn't physically possible to work/gift a neighbor twice without waiting minimum of 8 hours, some is a day like the watering. I just thought it should be brought to your attention.

Qivis
Oct 08 2013, 11:18 AM
why does my best diversification rank keep resetting? and yes I do know the difference between the two numbers. yesterday when I did my factories my best rank went up to 54314 and now this morning it is back down to what it was before yesterday 53728. this isn't the first time it's reset either.

The diversification is of what is waiting to be done. So the number falls if someone works your facility posts or time passes because of work that has been finished.:)

Qivis
Oct 08 2013, 11:23 AM
Hi, I just tried to buy one of the Turbo Tools, and system didn't recognise that I already own the required previous tool in the series!

tia,

~Raenie

p.s. Thanks for giving us so many new things to play with! :)

Same problem as I'm having. We will just have to wait for Raul to get around to fixing the ghost in the machine.... oh wait a sec... that's the scientist in "I Robot!" Well, anyway there were a few of us who had a similar issue last time that new updates included new turbo tools, but it happened so rarely that Raul had to log into our farms to see what the problem was and fix each of our accounts manually.

KnightRider
Oct 08 2013, 11:24 AM

The diversification is of what is waiting to be done. So the number falls if someone works your facility posts or time passes because of work that has been finished.:)

Mpwhitford mentions that it is the best diversification rank and not the diversification rank, the diversification rank will go up and down, but the best diversification rank should stay at the highest number it reaches and not go up and down.

FarmerWitch
Oct 08 2013, 12:15 PM
Thank you very much!

FarmerWitch
Oct 08 2013, 12:16 PM
Please can you increase the production in things like the oil pumps, you added so many new things to the petrochemical plant but not increased the output of the oil pumps just isnt enough crude oil to keep them going, help please

Yes! Please, please, please :)

mpwhitford
Oct 08 2013, 12:26 PM
Mpwhitford mentions that it is the best diversification rank and not the diversification rank, the diversification rank will go up and down, but the best diversification rank should stay at the highest number it reaches and not go up and down.

yes exactly. the best should always remain at the highest number it reaches but I've noticed more than once that if I reach a higher best diversification rank that at times that figure reverts back to what it was previously.

lesaw
Oct 08 2013, 12:29 PM
my ordering station has disappeared and now I can't purchase the turbo one

Found it......

maggiel29
Oct 08 2013, 12:32 PM
Just noticed the Hounted House sign :D (And no its not my typo)

maggiel29
Oct 08 2013, 01:36 PM
Ok I cant buy the Turbo Ordering station for the Semi trailers because it says I dont have the Ordering station etc etc - but I know I DO have it or did - it was in storage under the tools section - now its gone! Searched its not anywhere in any of my farms or in my storage.

Just used the start all button on one of my semi trailer trucks and it worked so the ordering station must be somewhere

Taz D
Oct 08 2013, 01:44 PM
Ok I cant buy the Turbo Ordering station for the Semi trailers because it says I dont have the Ordering station etc etc - but I know I DO have it or did - it was in storage under the tools section - now its gone! Searched its not anywhere in any of my farms or in my storage.

Just used the start all button on one of my semi trailer trucks and it worked so the ordering station must be somewhere
It is on your farm 4 (Tin Pan Alley) near the left point. You should be able to go to that farm, then open the store and buy the turbo one.

maggiel29
Oct 08 2013, 02:10 PM
It is on your farm 4 (Tin Pan Alley) near the left point. You should be able to go to that farm, then open the store and buy the turbo one.

Oh thank you - forgot Id used it as a decoration. New Turbo version now bought :D

maclean47
Oct 08 2013, 02:19 PM
You know I have been playing this game for over 5 years now and am just about ready the find a new game to play ! I don't mind paying for tools or factorys and I use my coin for land and I thought 5 & 6 billion was to much then 11 billion !!!!! 30 Billions is just DUMD !

Texas Belle
Oct 08 2013, 04:31 PM
Great update, now to go and buy my turbos... like I always say: You guys rock... thanks Raul..

kittykat1958
Oct 08 2013, 04:32 PM
english please whats this mean FarmCash Price * 20 for each SEND_FARMCASH_GIFT action

HUh im so confused

KnightRider
Oct 08 2013, 04:35 PM
english please whats this mean FarmCash Price * 20 for each SEND_FARMCASH_GIFT action

HUh im so confused

In the store you can send Farm Cash to a neighbor so that means that for you to get those points it takes the FC (if any) you sent for example if you sent 120 FC to a neighbor, it would be 120 * 2 = 240 help given points.

kittykat1958
Oct 08 2013, 04:43 PM
ok i think i understand now thanks knightrider

KnightRider
Oct 08 2013, 04:50 PM
ok i think i understand now thanks knightrider

Your welcome.

JacqV
Oct 08 2013, 05:12 PM
Thank you !!!! Great update :)

FarmerMcLashwood
Oct 08 2013, 05:27 PM
What do the "points" do?

Texas Belle
Oct 08 2013, 05:34 PM

Maggie that is like my armored car it shows that I don't have it but I do is sitting right there by the bank with a policeman guarding the money, as long as you have it somewhere the start all or load all or cash all works..

dnana
Oct 08 2013, 05:57 PM
Thanks for a cool update once again, devs, you guys are awesome!!

Taz D
Oct 08 2013, 06:24 PM
In the store you can send Farm Cash to a neighbor so that means that for you to get those points it takes the FC (if any) you sent for example if you sent 120 FC to a neighbor, it would be 120 * 2 = 240 help given points.
That would be 2400 given points 120 * 20 = 2400

linda bohn
Oct 08 2013, 06:51 PM
don't know where to put this but I brought a Turbo Ordering Station but it said I didn't have the ordering station so bought that then it let me buy the turbo ordering station ...left farm town came back few hours ago now its showing I have two ordering stations can you fix this for me cause I wasted farm cash for nothing thanks

Taz D
Oct 08 2013, 07:03 PM
don't know where to put this but I brought a Turbo Ordering Station but it said I didn't have the ordering station so bought that then it let me buy the turbo ordering station ...left farm town came back few hours ago now its showing I have two ordering stations can you fix this for me cause I wasted farm cash for nothing thanks
The only ones who can help with this is Support. You will have to contact them to see if they will refund your farm cash for it. To contact them click on the link below, fill out and submit the form. Be patient as it can take any where from a few hours to a few weeks for them to respond.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings/support/

And for others please rememvber to check your farms as most of us used the ordering station as both a tool and as a decoration by leaving it on a farm. If you did so then you need to go to that farm for the store to recognize that you own it and to allow you to buy the Turbo one.

De'A
Oct 08 2013, 07:45 PM
Farm Stat issue ,I have the same number of trees planted on 5 of my tree farms ,the numbers are off it says I have 16 cashews growing ,111 mandarins growing please explain this to me thank you.

linda bohn
Oct 08 2013, 07:47 PM
thank you for your reply

beverduster
Oct 08 2013, 07:56 PM
why cant I buy the new turbo ordering station? I have the regular ordering staion but im locked out from buying the new turbo ordering station? has any of the mods told the staff about this problem

Taz D
Oct 08 2013, 08:01 PM
Farm Stat issue ,I have the same number of trees planted on 5 of my tree farms ,the numbers are off it says I have 16 cashews growing ,111 mandarins growing please explain this to me thank you.
It only shows the numbers for the farm you are currently on, not for all farms.

gffarmer
Oct 08 2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the update esp adding the silk textile to the train car

KnightRider
Oct 08 2013, 08:31 PM
The numbers for the farm stats is off, I mean on some of them way off. I plant my trees and flowers in groups of 64 (8X8) and some of the amounts the stats is off is by just a couple to half of what I have, my orange trees I have 15 groups of 64 which is 960, when you use the item search it shows that I have 960 and highlights all of my trees, but according to the farm stats it shows only 429 which is a difference of 531. Flowers is the same way the item search shows the correct amount, but the farm stats shows different numbers and I have went through all of the choices on the drop down menu for growing/ready/wasted, plus the choices now/within an hour/in 1 to 8 hours/in 8 to 16 hours/in 16 to 24 hours, just to make sure that it didn't show any in other choices and all of the other choices was blank. I cleared the memcache and everything else. I have checked 3 farms and some are okay and some are incorrect.

EDIT: Have not had any problems with the crops showing wrong, just the trees and flowers. All trees and flowers checked was on the same farm.

barbara nixon
Oct 08 2013, 08:34 PM
great update..love the new Halloween stuff..looking foreward to thanks giving...keep up the good work devs..this game rocks.!!!

lndknyn
Oct 08 2013, 08:38 PM
Great additions. Thanks guys.

JohnAlbertini
Oct 08 2013, 09:01 PM
More FC facilities & tools by the dozen and ZERO FC to buy anything?! Big deal! So I get to use a lot of items in the souvenir factory that can't be grown (this is supposed to be FarmTown after all) but the new factory that uses crops requires FC. And all thost FC tools I can't afford.

Is it too much to ask that those of us who are long time players and have tons of XP (I'm over 85 million) get a little something like enough FC (32) to buy ONE FC facility or tool each update. We couldn't care less about levels or names of levels, after all we only see one title out of 25 when we are finally upgraded 25 levels so we never see the other 24 titles anyway!!!

The game takes ever increasing time that I don't have since I can't buy any of the helping tools that require sooooo much FC. Keep in mind that just upgrading from 6x H/P combine to the 8x uses 100 FC and it would take me a whole year to get that many at the rate of 25 every three months not to mention buying turbo anythings or ANY FC facilities!

The 25 new levels used less than 2 million XP but I increased over 20 million XP in that three months time.

Please help us out a little here, PLEASE!!!

DitzyLuvBug2
Oct 08 2013, 09:28 PM
I cannot get My Neighbor's tab to load. It freezes, I get the spinning circle and then kill pages. I have a LOT of Farm Town friends and am not sure that is why but still I should be able to enjoy the new features of this tab. Thank you for the release!!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=777364817&farm_ix=0

Thanks.

Donna aka DonnaLuvBug on Farm Town

Taz D
Oct 08 2013, 10:14 PM
I cannot get My Neighbor's tab to load. It freezes, I get the spinning circle and then kill pages. I have a LOT of Farm Town friends and am not sure that is why but still I should be able to enjoy the new features of this tab. Thank you for the release!!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=777364817&farm_ix=0

Thanks.

Donna aka DonnaLuvBug on Farm Town
Try clearing your memcache (link in my signature), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear the browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.

Docperk
Oct 08 2013, 10:17 PM
Looks like you snucked this one in on us. Good job, thanks for the update. :)

ckwcpa
Oct 08 2013, 10:39 PM
Silk rolls on the trains!! Thank you!! Now we just need to get the Polyester Fiber in the trains :)

kataltay
Oct 09 2013, 12:11 AM

But it says "FarmCash Price * 20 for each SEND_FARMCASH_GIFT action". So that's x 20, not x 2.

Also, could it mean sending someone a gift that cost me farm cash to buy??? I truly don't think, if I send a friend a 55FC gift card, that I am going to get 1100 points, or 2400 pts for a 120 FC gift card, etc. I was under the impression that this meant 20 points per gift that cost farm cash.

Devs, please clarify. :confused:

Taz D
Oct 09 2013, 12:15 AM
But it says "FarmCash Price * 20 for each SEND_FARMCASH_GIFT action". So that's x 20, not x 2.

Also, could it mean sending someone a gift that cost me farm cash to buy??? I truly don't think, if I send a friend a 55FC gift card, that I am going to get 1100 points, or 2400 pts for a 120 FC gift card, etc. I was under the impression that this meant 20 points per gift that cost farm cash.

Devs, please clarify. :confused:
The number of points you get is 20 times the amount of farm cash you send. The points you get are Help points, not experience. If a neighbor sorts by help points then they can see who has helped their neighbors the most.

kataltay
Oct 09 2013, 12:25 AM
I do realize these are not XP. It just seems like a heap of points, when I thought friends were doing very well with 70 odd points today!! LOL. Guess I will never be considered very helpful, unless I shower my neighbours with farm cash gifts. That's quite unfortunate, since I try hard to work as many neighbours' facilities and services as I can in a day, I help with bonuses, and sending ingredients all the time, and I irrigate farms if they need it as I go around working neigbours' facilities, or harvesting for them. The points system doesn't seem fair, or even necessary, other than for the more competitively minded players. :(

liza1214
Oct 09 2013, 12:53 AM
many thanks for the heads up on the maintenance:)

Tony D
Oct 09 2013, 04:03 AM
Hi All, please keep in mind this thread is for Feedback on the New Release , not debate or discussion amongst members.

romesz
Oct 09 2013, 11:23 AM
It is great that we got silk in the long sliding door car. But they could have added at least the same amount as the others. 510 in stead of the 360 silk.
Also we still don't have crude oil on the on the long tank car. It would be nice to get at least 120 just like petrochemical barrel. How about adding 120 asphalt barrel to the long tank car?

StoneFace
Oct 09 2013, 05:28 PM
since they have offered TURBO engines, perhaps an enhanced Super Freight Car is in the future.... at a ton of FC of course.... that would supply larger quantities... after all, we can't take it with us.

Petuniaflower
Oct 09 2013, 06:13 PM
:) Thank you for the rest of the Turbo tools and the manure collector. I now just click and it is all done.I don't even go look to see what is full and what isn't HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ;):p

Hessel
Oct 09 2013, 09:57 PM
Upgrades at 30 billion. No thanks. More facilities, I will pass. More turbo tools. Bought a whole bunch of them in the past and only 1/2 of my factories load. Killing the golden goose is never a good idea. It wasn't in my case.

Taz D
Oct 09 2013, 10:16 PM
Upgrades at 30 billion. No thanks. More facilities, I will pass. More turbo tools. Bought a whole bunch of them in the past and only 1/2 of my factories load. Killing the golden goose is never a good idea. It wasn't in my case.
Only 1/2 of your factories loaded before because not all of the Turbo tools were release at one time, just like the regular tools, they were released over time so that we were not hit with a large cost all at once.

driverdave
Oct 10 2013, 06:36 AM
Taz......have we got semaphore or light signals for the trains yet please and if so where are they hidden????

marymarcel
Oct 10 2013, 07:06 AM
Taz......have we got semaphore or light signals for the trains yet please and if so where are they hidden????

Hi! you can find some Railroad Crossing Gates in the store under Other section.:)

StoneFace
Oct 10 2013, 07:15 AM

I like the upgrades..... 5 at a time is good, because it takes me a while to move things around, re-plow etc. All my farms are at 34x34. I make about 5billion a week with 3 or so posts, maybe 4..... or use FC.... what the heck, I can't take it with me.

With the new Turbo tools, almost everything now loads with a couple clicks, so that is no problem. I just won't buy the tool for the semi trucks since they are easy to refill, and can't be worked anyway.

With all the FC required to "have it all", it might be a platinum goose.

:eek:

parrot38
Oct 10 2013, 08:45 AM
why cant I buy the new turbo ordering station? I have the regular ordering staion but im locked out from buying the new turbo ordering station? has any of the mods told the staff about this problem

I put my original ordering station into storage waited overnight and was then able to order the turbo one

KnightRider
Oct 10 2013, 09:48 AM

If your not talking about the railroad crossings for the trains that you add to the asphalt roads like Marymarcel mentioned, but if you are looking for the light signals for the trains that signal the trains when they have to stop due to another train, there is no signals or semaphore's for the trains, but I have been using the stop lights and just using them for the train signals. I just figure that was the signals you might be asking about since you mentioned the semaphore or light signals for the trains.

lgable
Oct 10 2013, 10:22 AM
I have not received any xp for filling the Sauce and Condiment Factory has anybody else had the same problem

DitzyLuvBug2
Oct 10 2013, 11:13 AM
Taz I did exactly as you said and it still freezes???

DitzyLuvBug2
Oct 10 2013, 11:15 AM
Try clearing your memcache (link in my signature), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear the browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.

I did exactly as you said and still freezes

mduby
Oct 10 2013, 11:24 AM
Thanks for all the cool stuff Raul. Once again you've proven FT is the best game.

marymarcel
Oct 10 2013, 11:43 AM
I have not received any xp for filling the Sauce and Condiment Factory has anybody else had the same problem

Hi! you can try the memcache link in my signature where it says AQUI to clear the game memory, you'll see a list of unsettings. Close that window and the farm if it is open. Then clear your browser cache and close it. Reopen. Don't think this going to get your lost xp back but should prevent for the future.

If after storing the products and filling the facility again, your problem continues, please post again.:)

Taz D
Oct 10 2013, 12:26 PM
I did exactly as you said and still freezes
Have you tried another browser to see if it does the same thing in it?

DitzyLuvBug2
Oct 10 2013, 06:05 PM
Thanks Taz...Comodo dragon would load it but Chrome and Rockmelt won't load it and freezes. I can deal with it just will use dragon for my browser. :)

Jean's Farm
Oct 10 2013, 07:49 PM
Oh wow....I just found the bench with 5 cats sitting on it in the farm section of the store. ;) Thank you, Thank you!!!! This is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

dnana
Oct 10 2013, 08:05 PM
I put my original ordering station into storage waited overnight and was then able to order the turbo one

Hi, had the same problem, I just waited 48 hours, didn't move my ordering station or anything, and today I can buy the turbo, but I won't coz I only have 3 trucks, easy to do the regular way. :)

Taz D
Oct 10 2013, 08:07 PM
Go to the farm you have the regular ordering station on. You can then buy the Turbo ordering station.

JW2009
Oct 11 2013, 01:58 AM
Not necessarily, i had to move mine from my farm and place into storage, then change farms, place it back on the farm i changed to, then it was unlocked for me.Go to the farm you have the regular ordering station on. You can then buy the Turbo ordering station.

lgable
Oct 11 2013, 04:12 AM
Hi! you can try the memcache link in my signature where it says AQUI to clear the game memory, you'll see a list of unsettings. Close that window and the farm if it is open. Then clear your browser cache and close it. Reopen. Don't think this going to get your lost xp back but should prevent for the future.

If after storing the products and filling the facility again, your problem continues, please post again.:)

I have run the memcache and have refilled factory and still no xp, have chatted with friends who are having the same problem. I have submitted a report to the devs

bjyhey3
Oct 11 2013, 06:54 AM
What's with my avatar this morning...she's quadrupled in size, has no arms or legs and has no head. Very strange indeed

bjyhey3
Oct 11 2013, 06:59 AM
What's with my avatar this morning...she's quadrupled in size, has no arms or legs and has no head. Very strange indeed

Reset the game and "she" came back the way she should be...just posting this in case it happens to someone else. Strange to see a plumped up shirt and pants walking around "her" farm :D

Taz D
Oct 11 2013, 10:28 AM
Reset the game and "she" came back the way she should be...just posting this in case it happens to someone else. Strange to see a plumped up shirt and pants walking around "her" farm :D
It has happened to several but refreshing the farm always fixes it.

damichcoop
Oct 11 2013, 10:30 AM
Raul, and developers....the new Sauce and Condiments factory doesn't show how many points you earn for each item you make and the total points earned for all items made like the other facilities do. Can you please fix that. Thanks.

1fritz
Oct 11 2013, 11:44 AM
WOW! How did I miss an update??? :confused: :confused:

Looks great as usual. Thanks Raul and Devs

Fritz :D

JW2009
Oct 11 2013, 12:25 PM
Hi, something is wrong with the New Stat Tool, it doesn't show my trees as being ready, and if they do, the numbers are way off.https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1392637_674547409223040_123527539_n.jpg

Kathy Francis
Oct 11 2013, 01:10 PM
When will Farms 1-5 Expansions be available?

KnightRider
Oct 11 2013, 01:16 PM
Hi, something is wrong with the New Stat Tool, it doesn't show my trees as being ready, and if they do, the numbers are way off.https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1392637_674547409223040_123527539_n.jpg

Some of the numbers are way off, I have 960 Orange trees and it showed less that that ready 429, which is 541 trees off and the search shows all 960 trees.

StoneFace
Oct 11 2013, 02:04 PM
When will Farms 1-5 Expansions be available?

couple days after the release.

oh !! it has already been a couple days.

My guess is tonight.

Snookie Sue
Oct 11 2013, 06:52 PM
OMG!!!! WTF!!! I just spent 30 billion coins to just upgrade one farm!?! Misread that post dev. Haven't I faithfully spent enough FC for you yet. Truly upset and getting ready to plough everything under. Unconsolable, please tell me this was a mistake and make it right. And if you don't I am truly done.

JW2009
Oct 11 2013, 07:37 PM
hi, in the New Release info it does state this...2. 36 x 36 Farm Expansions for farms 1 - 5: 40 FarmCash OR
Farm 1 Expansion: 30,000,000,000
Farm 2 Expansion: 30,000,000,000
Farm 3 Expansion: 30,000,000,000
Farm 4 Expansion: 30,000,000,000
Farm 5 Expansion: 30,000,000,000
Thank you and Happy Farming :)OMG!!!! WTF!!! I just spent 30 billion coins to just upgrade one farm!?! Misread that post dev. Haven't I faithfully spent enough FC for you yet. Truly upset and getting ready to plough everything under. Unconsolable, please tell me this was a mistake and make it right. And if you don't I am truly done.

hurican
Oct 11 2013, 07:40 PM
Hi
Since this release has come out ...... my farm stats feature is not working properly ....... it doesn't show the correct amount of items on the farm .example...... it just showed 1 mulberry tree ready to harvest out of the 1,029 that are planted ..... turn the trees on.....an they are all ready , plus .it doesn't show all the items growing or ready thats on that farm . it was working perfect before the new release.

Love the game ......... thank you for all your hard work.

Earl

JW2009
Oct 11 2013, 07:58 PM
Hi, the DEV are aware of this issue. It seems many are having the same problem :) Thank you and be patient, it will be resolved.Hi
Since this release has come out ...... my farm stats feature is not working properly ....... it doesn't show the correct amount of items on the farm .example...... it just showed 1 mulberry tree ready to harvest out of the 1,029 that are planted ..... turn the trees on.....an they are all ready , plus .it doesn't show all the items growing or ready thats on that farm . it was working perfect before the new release.

Love the game ......... thank you for all your hard work.

Earl

servocrow
Oct 11 2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks, Devs. Haven't had a chance to play around too much, it has been a hectic IRL week for this virtual farmer. Going to relax a bit and nose around some I think.

alyceclover
Oct 12 2013, 05:22 PM
I have looked all over and wonder where we can find the stat that tells how much help we have given our neighbors.

Thanks for new stuff; renews interest in playing the game.

I notice more items were added that use Maple and Coconut ~ which means either adding more trees or facilities in order to have enough product to start production on everything.

It would be nice in the future if the number of uses for any give product already in existence would be taken into consideration before adding more uses for said product. Thanks!

Taz D
Oct 12 2013, 06:41 PM
I have looked all over and wonder where we can find the stat that tells how much help we have given our neighbors.

Thanks for new stuff; renews interest in playing the game.

I notice more items were added that use Maple and Coconut ~ which means either adding more trees or facilities in order to have enough product to start production on everything.

It would be nice in the future if the number of uses for any give product already in existence would be taken into consideration before adding more uses for said product. Thanks!
You can see your neighbors stats but I don't think you can see your own. You can find those stats for your neighbors by clicking on one of them and sort by Help Given.

KnightRider
Oct 12 2013, 11:13 PM
FarmCash Price * 20 for each SEND_FARMCASH_GIFT action, this include ALL Farm Cash items, Certificates, Facilities, etc.

I just purchased 250 FC and sent a gift card to a close neighbor for 250 FC and she told me the neighbor help points didn't move, and according to above it says it includes Certificates which also means gift cards. Just wondering why the points wasn't added, the neighbor clear the memcache, her computer cache, history, plus closed FT and reloaded, even tried a different browser and still didn't show the help points. It doesn't mean a whole lot, but since it is there, I might as well get it. According to the above it says FarmCash Price, which it cost me 250 FarmCash * 20 should equal 5000 help points.

Tony D
Oct 13 2013, 03:28 AM
I just purchased 250 FC and sent a gift card to a close neighbor for 250 FC and she told me the neighbor help points didn't move, and according to above it says it includes Certificates which also means gift cards. Just wondering why the points wasn't added, the neighbor clear the memcache, her computer cache, history, plus closed FT and reloaded, even tried a different browser and still didn't show the help points. It doesn't mean a whole lot, but since it is there, I might as well get it. According to the above it says FarmCash Price, which it cost me 250 FarmCash * 20 should equal 5000 help points.Hi, if you sent the gift card you should be the one receiving the 'Help Points' , had you done any work for that neighbour (that would have earned help points) prior to sending the gift certificate ?

anglnwhite
Oct 13 2013, 04:24 AM
This update caught me a bit off-guard. What a wonderful suprise!

I can not express how very much I appreciate the removal of the post requests when puchasing (most) items. :D :D :D The addition of silk to the freight car is a lovely bonus.

The stats are very interesting and will prove to be useful, but are the crop/fish totals based on fertilized fields and baited waters?

All in all, another helpful release. Thanks so much devs!

KnightRider
Oct 13 2013, 07:31 AM
Hi, if you sent the gift card you should be the one receiving the 'Help Points' , had you done any work for that neighbour (that would have earned help points) prior to sending the gift certificate ?

I guess I should have said it this way. My neighbor told me that my points that she can see didn't move, since she is the one that can see my points and I can't. I had done prior work for her or on her farm, I had 6 points prior to sending the gift card, and I still have 6 points after sending the gift card, it counted watering flowers as one action and working facilities as a different action, but it is not registering that I sent the gift card, which is a different action than the first two.

It states a particular (which mean an individual) helping action, as stated above, shows 3 different individual help actions that can be performed for a neighbor, so the way it is stated means, you can send ingredients, work facilities, and send a FarmCash gift to a neighbor and all 3 action will count, because they are different actions and none was being duplicated, now if you try to duplicate any of those then it will only count once. Now if you are saying that you can only do one of the 3, then you need to reword it to say "A neighbor can only be helped once in every 6 or 8 hours, which ever it is". Plus it doesn't even say what a few hours means, is it 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, or is it more than 8 hours?

KnightRider
Oct 13 2013, 07:34 AM
This update caught me a bit off-guard. What a wonderful suprise!

I can not express how very much I appreciate the removal of the post requests when puchasing (most) items. :D :D :D The addition of silk to the freight car is a lovely bonus.

The stats are very interesting and will prove to be useful, but are the crop/fish totals based on fertilized fields and baited waters?

All in all, another helpful release. Thanks so much devs!

The stats do not show any fertilization or baited waters, if you have a farm that is fertilized you have to just double what the stats show, not sure if doubling the fish will work, haven't looked at that part.

EDIT: I did a little test on the fish that it shows ready in the stats and my rivers and the results showed that you can't just double what fish it shows in the stats. I had 4 fish ready (Carp, Catfish, Sturgeon, Tilapia) it showed 28 for each fish ready, so 28 fish X 2 would have been 56 each fish, which would be a total of 224 fish. The total fish was correct, I got a total of 224 fish, but the amounts for the individual fish was different. The Carp was 64, Catfish was 60, Sturgeon was 38, and Tilapia was 62 for a total of 224.

alyceclover
Oct 13 2013, 11:12 AM
You can see your neighbors stats but I don't think you can see your own. You can find those stats for your neighbors by clicking on one of them and sort by Help Given.
Thanks Taz, I knew how to see how much help neighbors give us which is why I was curious as to what my score is. I will have to ask them to let me know.

lgable
Oct 13 2013, 04:13 PM
I reported a few days ago that there is no xp awarded when filling the Sauce and Condiment factory. I know I am not the only one to have this problem but it does not appear to have been picked up as a problem. This may be because people are using the turbo tools to fill and do not realise they are not getting the xp. I have sent a report in to the dev's but have not had a response

bjyhey3
Oct 13 2013, 04:50 PM
I reported a few days ago that there is no xp awarded when filling the Sauce and Condiment factory. I know I am not the only one to have this problem but it does not appear to have been picked up as a problem. This may be because people are using the turbo tools to fill and do not realise they are not getting the xp. I have sent a report in to the dev's but have not had a response

I just checked mine and I'm not getting any points at all...not getting notices for bonuses I can share with my neighbors either.

Taz D
Oct 13 2013, 05:13 PM

I just checked mine and I'm not getting any points at all...not getting notices for bonuses I can share with my neighbors either.
I believe it has been reported to the developers. Just have to wait for them to fix it.

Tony D
Oct 14 2013, 03:05 AM
I guess I should have said it this way. My neighbor told me that my points that she can see didn't move, since she is the one that can see my points and I can't. I had done prior work for her or on her farm, I had 6 points prior to sending the gift card, and I still have 6 points after sending the gift card, it counted watering flowers as one action and working facilities as a different action, but it is not registering that I sent the gift card, which is a different action than the first two.

It states a particular (which mean an individual) helping action, as stated above, shows 3 different individual help actions that can be performed for a neighbor, so the way it is stated means, you can send ingredients, work facilities, and send a FarmCash gift to a neighbor and all 3 action will count, because they are different actions and none was being duplicated, now if you try to duplicate any of those then it will only count once. Now if you are saying that you can only do one of the 3, then you need to reword it to say "A neighbor can only be helped once in every 6 or 8 hours, which ever it is". Plus it doesn't even say what a few hours means, is it 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, or is it more than 8 hours?Hi, thanks for clarifying your problem, all I can suggest is you contact Support as we cannot help with missing Help points. To contact Support Click Here (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings/support/)

mccormick_ld@hotmail.com
Oct 14 2013, 03:20 PM
:D Thank you for the responses regarding the dim option. I'm back to loving the game first attracted to on FB. I was hired and earned everything I worked for and finally getting somewhere again.

KnightRider
Oct 15 2013, 06:48 PM
The sauces and condiments factory now shows the xp for filling up the factory. The farm stats looks like it show the correct numbers now, just looked at my trees and it showed all of them correct.

twosmiths
Oct 15 2013, 07:57 PM
The rules for computing the Help Given to Your Friends by You are:

1 point for CLAIM_BONUS, SEND_INGREDIENTS, SEND_GIFT and WATER_FLOWERS actions
5 points for WORK_IN_FARM, WORK_FACILITIES, WORK_SERVICE_FACILITIES, WORK_RAILROADS and SELL_PRODUCTS actions

A particular helping action only count once per friend in a few hours period. For example, if you work in user X farm you get one point, if you work in user Y farm right after that you get another point, but if you work again on user X farm right after that it will not count, you will have to wait a few hours for it to count.

Sorry, I have no idea what the purpose of these "help points" is. Do you accumulate them to trade in for FC? Or do you buy them with FC, and - if so - why? I do understand that they are earned points, I just don't know what to do with them. I can't make head nor tails of the above quoted information.

I no longer play Farm Town regularly, but I wander back to my farm occasionally because I miss the interaction with my neighbours and I can help them with bonuses, etc. I have apparently earned points for myself (although I don't know how to access them). I've asked, but none of my playing neighbours understand what these points are for either. We are all hopeful at the idea that they might be worth cash! Can someone please explain this new feature?

Thanks!

twosmiths
Oct 15 2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks Taz -

Unfortunately I have more fuel than I know what to do with, so these points will be of no use to me. Maybe down the road they might be used in other ways?

:)

KnightRider
Oct 15 2013, 08:28 PM
Sorry, I have no idea what the purpose of these "help points" is. Do you accumulate them to trade in for FC? Or do you buy them with FC, and - if so - why? I do understand that they are earned points, I just don't know what to do with them. I can't make head nor tails of the above quoted information.

I no longer play Farm Town regularly, but I wander back to my farm occasionally because I miss the interaction with my neighbours and I can help them with bonuses, etc. I have apparently earned points for myself (although I don't know how to access them). I've asked, but none of my playing neighbours understand what these points are for either. We are all hopeful at the idea that they might be worth cash! Can someone please explain this new feature?

Thanks!

The only thing they do is to give you more fuel when you refuel. The help points are only good for 1 farm town day for that. The difference is you earn more help points now so will be able to get more fuel.

The help points have nothing to do with fuel, that is just help you give that day to your friends for the fuel, the help points is an accumulation of points that show how much help you give your neighbors, each day you help your neighbors it is added to the total. It is only useful to the people that is more competitive so they can see how they stack up against their neighbors on who helps who. To me it isn't very important, but there are probably people that play the game that will go by these numbers alot and anyone that sends FC items to neighbor will probably not get the correct amount of help points at this time until it is fixed.

JW2009
Oct 15 2013, 11:15 PM
Hi, can anyone explain what this means .... PLEASE The security exploit that allowed to dispatch more than one train using the same freight cars is now fixed. Thank you :) Happy Farming

Tony D
Oct 16 2013, 04:20 AM
Hi, can anyone explain what this means .... PLEASE The security exploit that allowed to dispatch more than one train using the same freight cars is now fixed. Thank you :) Happy FarmingHi, I would assume this means that the well known and used glitch , where people were attaching trains to both ends of the carriages, has been fixed.

StoneFace
Oct 16 2013, 06:55 AM
Hi, I would assume this means that the well known and used glitch , where people were attaching trains to both ends of the carriages, has been fixed.

I have all my freight cars on one farm... 9 are together with an engine at each end. And 3 are together with an engine at each end.

Just unloaded all 4... and dispatched all 4.

Maybe I should never detach any, or they may not double dip again??

JW2009
Oct 16 2013, 08:27 AM
Thank you Tony, I always thought it looked dumb anyhow having engines on either ends. I have two engines on seperate farms with only one engine per train set, so I have nothing to worry about. Thank very much for explaining :) Happy FarmingHi, I would assume this means that the well known and used glitch , where people were attaching trains to both ends of the carriages, has been fixed.

JW2009
Oct 16 2013, 12:02 PM
ok i just used my harvest all manure tool just few minutes ago, and I did harvest 150 manure too and i decide to go check what i have in non-ingredients and i see this.https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1380107_677716835572764_207477200_n.jpg

Taz D
Oct 16 2013, 12:14 PM
ok i just used my harvest all manure tool just few minutes ago, and I did harvest 150 manure too and i decide to go check what i have in non-ingredients and i see this.https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1380107_677716835572764_207477200_n.jpg
Strange. I did mine this morning and just checked and don't have it in mine. Try restarting your farm and see if it is still there.

JW2009
Oct 16 2013, 12:20 PM
OK thanks Taz, i reloaded FT and just the pluots are showing :)Strange. I did mine this morning and just checked and don't have it in mine. Try restarting your farm and see if it is still there.

Elizabeth5
Oct 16 2013, 04:11 PM
Hi, can anyone pls explain what does this mean?

Extra layering protection to avoid losing items

KnightRider
Oct 16 2013, 04:22 PM
Hi, can anyone pls explain what does this mean?

Extra layering protection to avoid losing items

Some people layer their farm(s), which is not condoned by the dev's, have lost FC items due to the layering corrupting some of their game data and that is what it is they are saying they added some protection so the people that layer their farm(s) won't lose any items.

MIRIAM DEL VALLE
Oct 17 2013, 11:19 AM
thank you very much for the new release, as always, getting better, and that is very good, thanks...
:*

TexasStar
Oct 19 2013, 09:02 AM
Thank you Tony, I always thought it looked dumb anyhow having engines on either ends. I have two engines on seperate farms with only one engine per train set, so I have nothing to worry about. Thank very much for explaining :) Happy Farming

FYI Real trains often run with several engines on the front of the train and at the back as well. It is not unusual to see a train with 5 engines on the front and 2 or 3 at the end :) I have seen this a lot and thought it was allowed because it is normal with real trains. I don't remember when I last saw a train with only one engine!

TexasStar
Oct 19 2013, 09:04 AM
Overnight I lost over 1 million seawater bait.. counter set to zero. A neighbor has lost trees that were their yesterday. Something happened last night. I have not checked to see if I am missing anything else, yet, but please let developers know this happened.

Farm Lady
Oct 21 2013, 10:10 PM
Hi. I'm having a problem obtaining the new turbo workbenches. The store says I need to buy the workbenches first but I already bought it. I can start all of the workbench facilities with their 'start all' button so I assume that means I have the workbenches! LOL. This has been going on for several days. Has anyone else run into this or have a fix? Is there something I'm overlooking? If I didn't have the workbenches would I be able to use the start all button on the sewing factory and sawmills and other workbench facilities? Thanks for your help.

Taz D
Oct 21 2013, 10:15 PM
Hi. I'm having a problem obtaining the new turbo workbenches. The store says I need to buy the workbenches first but I already bought it. I can start all of the workbench facilities with their 'start all' button so I assume that means I have the workbenches! LOL. This has been going on for several days. Has anyone else run into this or have a fix? Is there something I'm overlooking? If I didn't have the workbenches would I be able to use the start all button on the sewing factory and sawmills and other workbench facilities? Thanks for your help.
Do you have your workbench on a farm or in storage? If on a farm go to that farm and try to buy the turbo one. If it is in storage, take it out of storage, click on save, close your farm, reopen and put it back in storage and see then if you can but the Turbo.

lyndalu47
Oct 22 2013, 08:35 AM
is there a way for me to see MY Help Given Rank?

marymarcel
Oct 22 2013, 08:47 AM
is there a way for me to see MY Help Given Rank?

Hi! up to now only your neighbors are able to see your Help given rank. Perhaps you could ask one of them to tell you about it.

Farm Lady
Oct 22 2013, 10:21 PM
Do you have your workbench on a farm or in storage? If on a farm go to that farm and try to buy the turbo one. If it is in storage, take it out of storage, click on save, close your farm, reopen and put it back in storage and see then if you can but the Turbo.

Thanks, Taz. It's not in storage and I went to 20 farms and used the search feature in the toolbox and came up w/ "0 items on farm, 0 items in storage and 0 items in gift box' 20 times. I was careful to spell workbenches exactly like it's spelled in the store. The one thing I didn't try was to buy the turbo tool from each farm. I'm going to do that. In the meantime, start all works on all my facilities so the workbench has to be somewhere.

Taz D
Oct 22 2013, 11:12 PM
Thanks, Taz. It's not in storage and I went to 20 farms and used the search feature in the toolbox and came up w/ "0 items on farm, 0 items in storage and 0 items in gift box' 20 times. I was careful to spell workbenches exactly like it's spelled in the store. The one thing I didn't try was to buy the turbo tool from each farm. I'm going to do that. In the meantime, start all works on all my facilities so the workbench has to be somewhere.
Try hiding everything on your farms and look for it. Tools do not hide.
If you can't find it post a link to your farm here so we can look for it and a moderator can check your data. The easiest way to do that is to go to the Farm Selector Manager in your toolbox. click on the Copy Link button at the bottom of that screen, then choose a farm on the next screen. Come back here and paste that link into a reply here.

max_river
Oct 24 2013, 08:47 PM
thanks for the update. put i just wondering what is the point of the point system when helping and working for your friends is there a point to it or am missing something

KnightRider
Oct 24 2013, 09:03 PM
thanks for the update. put i just wondering what is the point of the point system when helping and working for your friends is there a point to it or am missing something

It is for the people that make it a competition to see who has higher coins, xp, and now the help points, other than that it is of no value in my opinion.

max_river
Oct 24 2013, 09:07 PM
It is for the people that make it a competition to see who has higher coins, xp, and now the help points, other than that it is of no value in my opinion.

thanks for answering my question that is what i thought but was hoping that maybe you could earn some farm cash i guess i was just hoping lolo

KnightRider
Oct 24 2013, 11:17 PM
thanks for answering my question that is what i thought but was hoping that maybe you could earn some farm cash i guess i was just hoping lolo

Your welcome.

De'A
Oct 25 2013, 02:34 AM
Goodnight ,i'm having problems loading ft I've ran the memcache twice and i'm keep getting operation timed out the page is light blue with a sad face please help me out thank you.I'm on server 36 which sucks.

marymarcel
Oct 25 2013, 06:17 AM
Goodnight ,i'm having problems loading ft I've ran the memcache twice and i'm keep getting operation timed out the page is light blue with a sad face please help me out thank you.I'm on server 36 which sucks.

Hi! please try all suggestions given in the following official thread for your problem

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

If you still can't load your farm, then post a reply in that thread.:)

Peggy Quinn Mooneyhan
Oct 25 2013, 12:23 PM
Raul
I am unable to use ANY of the links to add neighbours. Can you please give me some insight on what I can do?

Taz D
Oct 25 2013, 12:30 PM
Raul
I am unable to use ANY of the links to add neighbours. Can you please give me some insight on what I can do?
Which links are you referring to?

Farm Lady
Oct 25 2013, 08:12 PM
Try hiding everything on your farms and look for it. Tools do not hide.
If you can't find it post a link to your farm here so we can look for it and a moderator can check your data. The easiest way to do that is to go to the Farm Selector Manager in your toolbox. click on the Copy Link button at the bottom of that screen, then choose a farm on the next screen. Come back here and paste that link into a reply here.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1223063866&farm_ix=2
Thanks, Taz. Above is the link to one of my farms. I've tried everything you suggested and a few things of my own. I would appreciate it if SLASHKEY could solve the mystery of the disappearing workbenches. Again, let me reiterate that I can use the 'start all' button on all the workbench facilities. I'm just trying to buy the turbo workbenches. Thanks for your help.

Taz D
Oct 25 2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks, Taz. Above is the link to one of my farms. I've tried everything you suggested and a few things of my own. I would appreciate it if SLASHKEY could solve the mystery of the disappearing workbenches. Again, let me reiterate that I can use the 'start all' button on all the workbench facilities. I'm just trying to buy the turbo workbenches. Thanks for your help.
I don't see it on your farms anywhere, however since you can start all the facilities then it has to be somewhere. Have you gone to your Items storage and set the filter on tools? It would be the last item in the list if you have it sorted alphabetically. If it is there take it out of storage, place it on a farm, click Save and close your farm. Reopen your farm and put it back in storage, then try to buy again.
If it isn't there then a moderator will have to look at your data and see if they can find it.

Farm Lady
Oct 25 2013, 10:12 PM
I don't see it on your farms anywhere, however since you can start all the facilities then it has to be somewhere. Have you gone to your Items storage and set the filter on tools? It would be the last item in the list if you have it sorted alphabetically. If it is there take it out of storage, place it on a farm, click Save and close your farm. Reopen your farm and put it back in storage, then try to buy again.
If it isn't there then a moderator will have to look at your data and see if they can find it.

The workbenches are not in storage. I've searched every way and also used the search feature in the toolbox to look for them. Looked on all 20 farms 3 different ways. Then of course, the game also tells me I don't have them. COULD SLASHKEY please look at my data and figure out what's going on. .

cheryl-m-l
Oct 26 2013, 03:22 AM
Since Oct 10th, none of my neighbors posts have shown up on my timeline, most recent posts are Oct 12th. No facilities or client requests or bonus or ingredient requests... Have I changed something inadvertently?

cheryl-m-l
Oct 26 2013, 03:27 AM
I went blank on the 12th of October, I have not had a single post from a neighbor since that date. No facilities, refer clients, bonus, or ingredient requests! Have I inadvertently changed something? If so, how do I fix it...

maggiel29
Oct 26 2013, 06:38 AM

Just a thought - have you tried looking behind your semis? Or behind hills and water? Although the tool should still show up with the search on the right farm.

Taz D
Oct 26 2013, 10:42 AM
I went blank on the 12th of October, I have not had a single post from a neighbor since that date. No facilities, refer clients, bonus, or ingredient requests! Have I inadvertently changed something? If so, how do I fix it...
Hover your mouse pointer over Newsfeed in the left column of your Facebook Home page. You will see a pencil symbol appear to the left of it. Click on that pencil and choose Edit. In the screen that pops up look for Farm Town. If it is there click on the X to the right of that to remove it from that blocked list.

Farm Lady
Oct 26 2013, 02:16 PM
Just a thought - have you tried looking behind your semis? Or behind hills and water? Although the tool should still show up with the search on the right farm.

Thanks Maggie and Taz for the suggestions. I'll move a few trucks and mountains while waiting for the powers to be to jump in the conversation.

Taz D
Oct 26 2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks Maggie and Taz for the suggestions. I'll move a few trucks and mountains while waiting for the powers to be to jump in the conversation.
Your best bet would be to contact Support about this. I don't think any more can be done through the forums. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form, and submit it. Be patient as it can take any where from a few hours to a few weeks for them to respond depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

ggranmum
Oct 26 2013, 05:03 PM
Since this update I miss seeing our neighbors online at the front of the neighbor list. Now it is as long ago. They are in their normal spot in line of level. Just got lazy I guess. Now I need to click back to see who is online. LOLOL.

Taz D
Oct 26 2013, 05:08 PM
Since this update I miss seeing our neighbors online at the front of the neighbor list. Now it is as long ago. They are in their normal spot in line of level. Just got lazy I guess. Now I need to click back to see who is online. LOLOL.
Click on a neighbor and the top item in the menu is to Order by Online Status. That will put them back in the old order.

ggranmum
Oct 26 2013, 09:49 PM
Click on a neighbor and the top item in the menu is to Order by Online Status. That will put them back in the old order.

Thank You Taz.

Farm Lady
Oct 27 2013, 09:30 AM
Your best bet would be to contact Support about this. I don't think any more can be done through the forums. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form, and submit it. Be patient as it can take any where from a few hours to a few weeks for them to respond depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

I've contacted support. Thanks for the link. I've been playing since 2009 and have never had to do that!

Farmer Shine
Oct 27 2013, 02:39 PM
Woot thanks for the update

chrisluvsanimals
Oct 30 2013, 09:48 PM
Something's up...Nobody can get their farms to load or get the 0x25 error...and they still won't load

TerriFlynn
Oct 30 2013, 09:48 PM
Has FT crashed? Several players were on our farms and we all timed out. Have been loading for a good 10 minutes now.

chrisluvsanimals
Oct 30 2013, 09:54 PM
It's back now TerriFlynn

Tony D
Oct 31 2013, 04:59 AM
Thanks for all the feedback on the New Release. This thread is now closed.