PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- January 8th, 2014

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raul
Jan 08 2014, 02:43 AM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Feb 5th, 5:00AM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. Cloud and Mist decorations: 4 in coins and 3 in FC, all in the Farm Decors category in the Store, here is the list: Cloud, Big Cloud, Dark Cloud, Storm Cloud, Mist, Big Mist and Sunny Cloud.

2. 10 New Flags: Philippines, India, Ecuador, Bahamas, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Turkey.

3. 36 x 36 Farm Expansions for farms 16 - 20: 40 FarmCash OR

Farm 16 Expansion: 25,000,000,000
Farm 17 Expansion: 25,000,000,000
Farm 18 Expansion: 25,000,000,000
Farm 19 Expansion: 25,000,000,000
Farm 20 Expansion: 20,000,000,000

4. Dan 7 for Trees: As mentioned in the previous release, you will have to be at level 200 or higher to have the option to reach Dan 7. Dans 1 to 6 are accessible at level 100, instead of 150.

5. More tools availability when working for others: You are now able to use your coin tools to work on other farms, ex: Tree Shaker 3x3, Boat 2x2, Harvester 3x3, etc.

Also, you will be able to use any of the tools owned by your employer. Right now there is no quick way to determine if your employer owns a particular tool, you will have to click on it and you will see a message box if the tool is not owned by the employer. In future releases we will show only the tools available for use, owned by you or your employer. The fuel will come from the employee always.

6. Dimming non-relevant items defaulted for all users when hired: In an effort to improve the quality of the work performed by workers we decided to make this feature enabled by default when hired. You will see a new Eye icon on the right bottom corner, clicking that Eye will cycle through the 3 possible visibility modes for non-relevant items: dim, on and off.

The option in the Preference Windows will still be there for you when working your own farms only.

We are still deciding some alternatives to make the behavior similar on both cases, hired or not, so this area will likely change in the future. We welcome any feedback.

7. Farm Selector changes when hired: About 3 weeks ago we fixed some transparency issues in the Farm Selector so it always highlights correctly the farms that you were hired to work on.

Today we also changed the colors to be more noticeably. From now on, the farms that you were hired to work on will be in blue, once you visit those farms they will be regular green without transparency, so even after you have finished all the work you still know which are the farms you were hired for in case you want to revisit any of them for some reason.

8. Improvements to the Chest Bonus when hired:

a) Detailed explanation when employee can't claim the bonus, showing exactly what type of work is missing and on which items
b) A Warning when employee tries to leave a farm with all work or partial work completed to avoid losing the bonus
c) No more expired messages

9. Herding Robot (FC): This is a new tool to move animals from the farm to their buildings in bulk.

10. Less issues with 'Start All' in Facility Manager: Users with many facilities were sometimes experiencing these issues, they should now be solved or minimized considerably:

a) The "Savings Facility" message was disappearing before the operation completed
b) Timeouts aborting the current operation
c) The "Processing Earned Bonuses" phase is now significantly faster

11. Other Improvements and bug fixes:

a) Removed the 2-4 seconds delay when selecting the Harvest Tool in large farms
b) Harvesting animal buildings in Facility Manager will not show Message Box info windows anymore, if the amount of products is too big we will only show a condensed fading message with the total combined amount

12. Travel Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Travel Supplies.

Luggage Lock
ID Tag
Camera Bag
Sleep Mask
Bag Strap
Umbrella
Luggage Scale
Hard Shell Suitcase

13. Linen Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Linen Supplies.

Mattress Protector
Pillowcase
Comforter
Quilt
Bolster
Sleeping Pillow
Bathrobe
Shower Curtain
Kitchen Towels

New Products in other facilities: Polyester Textile Roll in the Textile and Spinning Mill.

14. Travel and Luggage Store (FC): Provides Travel and Luggage Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Travel Supplies Factory.

15. Household Linens Store (Coins): Provides Household Linens Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Linen Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - Jan 08th, 3:00PM EST

- We will add soon a check box somewhere for the employer to disable the capability of the employee to use employers tools

Post Release Updates - Jan 10th, 5:25AM EST

- There are check boxes in the Multihire Window and the Farm Selector Window (when hiring for single job) where you can indicate that you want to share or not your tools with your employees
- When hired for a single job, the best (bigger) tool is shown in the main UI panel (gift box icon spot, etc) if the employer owns it
- Users trying to move animals using the Herding Robot to over capacity buildings were getting weird numbers and had to reload the browser, this is now fixed.
- Remove fuel requirement for all 2 x 1 tools, this will allow new users to start using those tools sooner when hired without the fuel requirement
- The Freight Train Sliding Car now delivers Polyester Textiles Rolls

Post Release Updates - Jan 13th, 2:00PM EST

- Bug showing numbers > 100% in Facility Manager fixed

Post Release Updates - Jan 15th, 7:10PM EST

- Frozen flowers should not interfere anymore to collect the Chest Bonus when hired

Post Release Updates - Jan 24th, 12:10AM EST

- We released a group of changes mainly affecting new users, still if you notice any issues please report it on this thread. More details will be posted on the next release.

Post Release Updates - Jan 27th, 8:00PM EST

- More changes for new users
- All players should now be able to use the mobile sprinkler again when visiting neighbours

Post Release Updates - Feb 5th, 5:00AM EST

- 10 Valentine Items released, 4 as gift, 6 on the top and bottom of the Valentine store category.

Known Issues:

- None

KnightRider
Jan 08 2014, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the New Release, can't wait to see what is new besides the new facilities and the go home icon.

FarmerWitch
Jan 08 2014, 02:49 AM
I see factories and a new tool to move all creatures to storage. thanks!

KnightRider
Jan 08 2014, 02:50 AM
The new animal tool confuses me cause we already can move animals in bulk from storage and to storage, hopefully when Raul adds details to the new release notes will explain why a tool is needed. Unless it does all animals in storage at one time.

EDIT: I just hope that the move button in the storage for animals isn't changed to only operate with the new herding tool. I like to be able to move animals and buildings from farm to farm easily.

JW2009
Jan 08 2014, 02:59 AM
Thank you so much Raul and the Dev Team :)

AussieGecko
Jan 08 2014, 03:07 AM
Whoooo hoooooo!! Knew it was going to be soon!!!

boduke66
Jan 08 2014, 04:05 AM
just fyi,the Textile and spinning mill has a new item,Polyester textile roll,and two new facilities,Linen Supplies factory and Household linens store,one is a service facility the other a regular facility,however both are related,now to wait and see what else was released.

skittles32
Jan 08 2014, 04:07 AM
right on..:D:D:D:D:D

FarmerWitch
Jan 08 2014, 04:10 AM
just fyi,the Textile and spinning mill has a new item,Polyester textile roll,and two new facilities,Linen Supplies factory and Household linens store,one is a service facility the other a regular facility,however both are related,now to wait and see what else was released.

Something else that needs Poly-fiber???? You need 20 poly-fiber to make only 5 rolls!!!!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/1459886_10152517602944008_47826299_n.jpg

boduke66
Jan 08 2014, 04:13 AM
just a side note i noticed a new tool in the store,or i think its new,the manure collector,i never noticed it in the store before.

boduke66
Jan 08 2014, 04:14 AM
totally agree

mac16129
Jan 08 2014, 04:18 AM
Many thanks to Raul and all the developers for another fantastic update. You guys and gals are awesome!

boduke66
Jan 08 2014, 04:19 AM
ya me too,we will see once they release the details of the update though

BraveStarr
Jan 08 2014, 04:19 AM
Thanks for everything and keep up the good work as well...

Pawkie
Jan 08 2014, 04:20 AM
7th dan on trees

skittles32
Jan 08 2014, 04:29 AM
7th dan on trees
try this again lol was wondering when this was coming

Nettie (Q)
Jan 08 2014, 04:39 AM
Love the new colour scheme on farms when hired :)

crafty chris
Jan 08 2014, 04:52 AM
thanks for the update :)

Textmum
Jan 08 2014, 05:20 AM
Brilliant thank you - great (if I have understood correctly) that new players if hired will not need tools if the owner of the farm already has them, this will help them a lot.

Dbutrfli
Jan 08 2014, 05:21 AM
Thank you, thank you!!! And Happy New Year!! :)

barbaraelwart
Jan 08 2014, 05:31 AM
Thank you for an excellent update - very pleased with it. I am a bit concerned though - so so so excited about the cloud and mist - BUT I cannot find it:( says it is in the Farming category in the store - I don't have that. Looked in obvious places and still cannot find it. Someone please help - I must be having a blond moment ;)

Don't feed the beggers
Jan 08 2014, 05:37 AM
So I bought tools with cash and now anyone I hire has the right to use the tools that I bought?? Why did I waste money ton tools then?

barbaraelwart
Jan 08 2014, 05:39 AM
So, I logged out and back in and now have Farm Decor tab and clouds and mist! Very happy and thank you again - brilliant update :D

FarmerMcLashwood
Jan 08 2014, 05:57 AM
I must admit I don't mind the thought of farmers using their non fc tools on my farm but am not happy that I have spent a lot of cash getting FC to buy my big tools and now anyone can use them. Not happy at all. Had to work hard to get up my levels now lower level farmers using my tools can level up real quick.

knolan
Jan 08 2014, 06:01 AM
Why is it necessary to charge farmcash for the herding robot? When we receive our gifts & add them to the storage, same products are added at once, why should be it be any different for the animals to be placed in their buildings?

KnightRider
Jan 08 2014, 06:06 AM
So I bought tools with cash and now anyone I hire has the right to use the tools that I bought?? Why did I waste money ton tools then?

I must admit I don't mind the thought of farmers using their non fc tools on my farm but am not happy that I have spent a lot of cash getting FC to buy my big tools and now anyone can use them. Not happy at all. Had to work hard to get up my levels now lower level farmers using my tools can level up real quick.

I agree with both of you. I don't mind them using their own coin tools, but I bought my tools with real money and now they would get to use them without paying anything.

servocrow
Jan 08 2014, 06:06 AM
YAY, clouds and mist!!!

Excited to see those. :D

Thanks for the update!!

bluehair
Jan 08 2014, 06:08 AM

agree why should someone use a tool that I have spent real money on.....no problems with someone using a non FC tool to work on my farm

Don't feed the beggers
Jan 08 2014, 06:08 AM
I agree with both of you. I don't mind them using their own coin tools, but I bought my tools with real money and now they would get to use them without paying anything.

Yep, had I know this was gonna happen I would have wasted my hard earned cash on candy crush instead lol. Not fair, right, nor acceptable

al_bundy
Jan 08 2014, 06:09 AM
Thanks Raul

Love The Philippines Flag :) my wife will be proud having a Duel Australian - Philippines Farm :)

KnightRider
Jan 08 2014, 06:11 AM
Why is it necessary to charge farmcash for the herding robot? When we receive our gifts & add them to the storage, same products are added at once, why should be it be any different for the animals to be placed in their buildings?

The way I read it is that it is just for placing animals in sheds that is on the farm, like if you purchase 100 sheep then you can place all 100 sheep in the shed without clicking on each one, it doesn't change moving the animals from and to storage.

al_bundy
Jan 08 2014, 06:13 AM
Can i Just put a bit of a different perspective on the tools debate

this may actually help when Hiring from the market

how often have you hired someone realised that they dont have any tools you have a large farm but they eigther quit the job or take weeks to complete the job

just a bit of a positive spin there

FarmerWitch
Jan 08 2014, 06:21 AM
Also, you will be able to use any of the tools owned by your employer.

What about making it so that the hiring farmer decides if the workers may use their Farmcash tools??

Don't feed the beggers
Jan 08 2014, 06:21 AM

how often have you hired someone realised that they dont have any tools you have a large farm but they eigther quit the job or take weeks to complete the job

Yes I agree that that IS a positive 'spin" however it does not take away that I spent a ton (every tool to the max you figure it out bc I don't have time and it will just make me more mad) for someone else to use??? That isn't right.

thunders storm
Jan 08 2014, 06:24 AM
thanks for the new updates Devs... but the bonus resetting's not yet been fixed as of this time..
i have someone working for me while i work for others.. the bonus been rest to 0 while it is on 21,000 already.. what more if i do a good paying crops.. glad it is only a bunch of flowers

al_bundy
Jan 08 2014, 06:24 AM
we need some lightening bolts with thunder sound effects for those dark clouds lol

Don't feed the beggers
Jan 08 2014, 06:26 AM
I think that if they are going to be allowed to use our tools (again the ones that WE paid for) then we should have some compensation, a rental fee perhaps...since WE PAID with REAL money to have them and to put us at an advantage, then why not charge a rental fee, farm cash in exchange for what we have spent? Doesn't have to be a lot, but it if people are going to be able to use then tools they did NOT pay for then its only fair that we receive something in return....they get it all we get nothing...but its bc of OUR money that the game is still going and being upgraded etc etc etc

KnightRider
Jan 08 2014, 06:31 AM
Also, you will be able to use any of the tools owned by your employer.

What about making it so that the hiring farmer decides if the workers may use their Farmcash tools??

I think that is a good idea to let the person doing the hiring decide if they will let their FC tools be used. It could be one of the items when they do the hire request, like maybe put a check box when they set the farms that they want to hire them for.

knolan
Jan 08 2014, 06:38 AM

I think it's Great that others can use your tools, especially the lower level beginners. They need every chance to succeed & to be able to advance. Why would anyone want to impede the ability of beginners to level up & succeed? The farmcash I have spent on my tools are for my convenience & now I am sooo glad that my neighbors can now use my tools to help them advance. I think it's a GREAT new option.
What I don't like, is that the herding robot & the mist, & foreign flags are purchased with FarmCash. UGH... That's a little ridiculous.

KnightRider
Jan 08 2014, 06:39 AM
I guess if someone positively didn't want the hired farmer to use their FC tools, they could put their FC tools on a farm before going to the market place to hire, this way the hired farmer would have no FC tools to use. I am not saying that the person should do that, but they could if they wanted to.

rjohn726
Jan 08 2014, 07:04 AM
Well as I was working my facilities this morning, I don't work them all in one pass, and I go back to work them I noticed that many times they showed 103.3 % complete, one was 998.9 % complete. After I posted them I 'reset' the Farms with play tab and looked again and none were over 100% complete.

rjohn726
Jan 08 2014, 07:06 AM
Thanks for all, by the way

marymarcel
Jan 08 2014, 07:12 AM
Thank you so much for the new release! Love the option given to farmers to use their non farm cash tools when are hired or use the biggest tools from the farmer who has hired them. Although, I think there should be an option asking the farmers if they want that their tools could be used for hired people.

JuneRedding
Jan 08 2014, 07:21 AM
Hiya thanks for the update guys :) just a couple of things, I have no problem with people using my tools when working my farm it will just make it quicker and less likely that stuff will get missed. I do feel the Robot is far too expensive and for the limited use I will get from it I wish I had thought more deeply before I bought it :( my other little problem is Polyester fibre there is never enough even with 5 petrochemical plants so it would be great if the output could be increased :) thank you again for all your hard work :) x

notaparagod
Jan 08 2014, 07:22 AM
Personally, I like the fact that other people can use my tools. I think the work will get done a lot faster and I don't care if new players have it easier than I did...it is not a competition for me.

Textmum
Jan 08 2014, 07:26 AM
Personally, I like the fact that other people can use my tools. I think the work will get done a lot faster and I don't care if new players have it easier than I did...it is not a competition for me.

I totally agree with you, I have been playing since the beginning, I have lots of harvesting and usually only hire those with tools for speed, now I can help those on lower levels. The tools I bought were to help me, which they have done, now to share.

LionessNcubx3
Jan 08 2014, 07:53 AM
For those that are so upset about other using the tools you paid for:

It seems to be that they can only use the LEAST of the big tools. I don't have a chainsaw at all, my mom hired to me chop this morning to test this out because she has them all maxed out, and it only let me use her 3 X 3 chainsaw.

On a different note, if you are so rich and spent so much money getting those tools, are you honestly telling me that you would expect the maid to bring her walmart vacuum cleaner to vacuum your oriental rugs rather than use the Dyson vacuum that you paid for? Just curious. Not like she can take the Dyson to another house to clean.

LoreneC
Jan 08 2014, 07:59 AM
I don't mind my workers being able to use my FC tools.

I can still use them too when I seed or choose to do my own H&P so they still serve a purpose that benefits me.

I think this will encourage lower level players to keep at it. Farm Town needs active players to continue!

Thanks for the new release. Off to check out the clouds!!

:)

KnightRider
Jan 08 2014, 08:01 AM

It seems to be that they can only use the LEAST of the big tools. I don't have a chainsaw at all, my mom hired to me chop this morning to test this out because she has them all maxed out, and it only let me use her 3 X 3 chainsaw.

On a different note, if you are so rich and spent so much money getting those tools, are you honestly telling me that you would expect the maid to bring her walmart vacuum cleaner to vacuum your oriental rugs rather than use the Dyson vacuum that you paid for? Just curious. Not like she can take the Dyson to another house to clean.

Your different note, you are comparing the real world to a game, that is like comparing an apple to an orange, they are two totally different items. Probably most of the people that spend money on this game isn't rich, like me, I am on limited disability so no I am not rich, but I also help support this game when I can so that the developers can continue to keep the game going.

LionessNcubx3
Jan 08 2014, 08:19 AM
You says its apples and oranges but I don't see how. I used a real life analogy because the complaint is about people spending real life money on the game. The analogy stands and is not apples and oranges. You purchased the tools and then hired someone else to do the work---and complaining they get to use the tools you purchased for the same work. The real kicker about the complaints is that they can't use your tools unless you HIRE them to do the work and ONLY on your farms. Sheesh.

mduby
Jan 08 2014, 08:27 AM
Thanks Raul!! Love this game!! Always a pleasure. Just wish there were more ways to earn FC.

1fritz
Jan 08 2014, 08:37 AM

I agree with you Al.

1fritz
Jan 08 2014, 08:40 AM
Thanks to Raul and the devs. I really didn't expect this till Friday. Sounds like another great update. Like the idea of clouds. Off to check this out in person.

Fritz

TexasStar
Jan 08 2014, 08:42 AM
The new animal tool confuses me cause we already can move animals in bulk from storage and to storage, hopefully when Raul adds details to the new release notes will explain why a tool is needed. Unless it does all animals in storage at one time.

EDIT: I just hope that the move button in the storage for animals isn't changed to only operate with the new herding tool. I like to be able to move animals and buildings from farm to farm easily.

9. Herding Robot (FC): This is a new tool to move animals from the farm to their buildings in bulk.

It says it moves the animals in bulk from the Farm to the buildings, which would be helpful when filling a barn with animals that must be purchased (rabbits, sheep, llamas... ) and placed on the farm. I haven't tried this but that is what I assumed :))

TexasStar
Jan 08 2014, 08:44 AM
Yea!! Thanks for the change in the farm indicator! The other improvements and fixes are much appreciated, too!

Texas Belle
Jan 08 2014, 08:52 AM
Thanks Raul & Co…. but you guys are killing us with the need for poly fiber, please increase it, everything else is great but we need the poly fibers like yesterday.. too many things with the same product and no way of increasing it…

Dutch85
Jan 08 2014, 08:56 AM
Thank you! I love it all!!!

Jean's Farm
Jan 08 2014, 09:03 AM
Thank you.....love the new updates. :D :D

I love the blue in the hire screen now. Especially since you can see where you've been if you need to go back.

Regarding letting anyone use our "paid for" tools. It doesn't bother me as I only hire one person to do my crops. I do his crops he does mine so I don't mind if he uses my tools.

One problem....more poly fiber please. TY!!!! :) :D :) :D :) :D

Jean's Farm
Jan 08 2014, 09:10 AM
Thank you for an excellent update - very pleased with it. I am a bit concerned though - so so so excited about the cloud and mist - BUT I cannot find it:( says it is in the Farming category in the store - I don't have that. Looked in obvious places and still cannot find it. Someone please help - I must be having a blond moment ;)

They are in the farm section. Make it alphabetically or do a search at the top. But remember there is BIG cloud, DARK cloud, STORM cloud, Mist, BIG mist, and Sunny cloud. :)

chrisluvsanimals
Jan 08 2014, 09:10 AM
Also, you will be able to use any of the tools owned by your employer. Right now there is no quick way to determine if your employer owns a particular tool, you will have to click on it and you will see a message box if the tool is not owned by the employer. In future releases we will show only the tools available for use, owned by you or your employer.

When I hired someone who owned NO tools (I have the biggest/baddest ones) to chop trees, the only one she had access to was the blue 3x3 Log truck with chainsaw...a COIN tool, not any of my FC chainsaws, so either it's not working correctly, or the only one a worker can use is the biggest COIN one available(which they could have owned themselves, so why are they needing to use mine?)

And add me to the group of WE NEED MORE POLY FIBER!! LOTS more please!!!

Rob T
Jan 08 2014, 09:23 AM
When I hired someone who owned NO tools (I have the biggest/baddest ones) to chop trees, the only one she had access to was the blue 3x3 Log truck with chainsaw...a COIN tool, not any of my FC chainsaws, so either it's not working correctly, or the only one a worker can use is the biggest COIN one available(which they could have owned themselves, so why are they needing to use mine?)

And add me to the group of WE NEED MORE POLY FIBER!! LOTS more please!!!

Hi, just tested this, and it works fine.... remember they have to select the tool from the extended toolbox.... not the main game panel. As Raul has said, it will not show what tools are available, so you just have to click them to see which ones work.

Also... you must have those tools in storage, if they are on the farm, they wont work.

Vicky Vine
Jan 08 2014, 09:25 AM
:D Great update :D

GrannyBillie
Jan 08 2014, 09:28 AM
Just want to say thank you for the highlighting of farms to be worked in blue, makes it much easier to go into facilities. Nice job!

DodieGirl
Jan 08 2014, 09:29 AM
thank you for the dim out for working others farms..makes so much easier to see if we missed anything

dave1949
Jan 08 2014, 09:51 AM
Thx for update, just one issue Ive noticed, when filling facilities the total shows more than 100%

RozeeS
Jan 08 2014, 09:57 AM
I have a question about the tools and fuel when hiring someone. Who pays the fuel to use the big tools? Is it the farmer who lends his tools or the employee?

TexasQuilter
Jan 08 2014, 10:09 AM
I have a question about the tools and fuel when hiring someone. Who pays the fuel to use the big tools? Is it the farmer who lends his tools or the employee?

Just tested this out and found that the employee pays for the fuel.

LOVELESS
Jan 08 2014, 10:13 AM
If i may. I've been playing since the start of the game, and i have spent many a day, and night working at bettering my farm at the time. I have also spent many dollars, buying tools and land for my farms. It all boils down to, how much dedication, and money you have invested in the game to get where you are at. Many of us are far from being rich, and in order to buy farm cash items, we have to see what we can do without that month, in order to buy farm cash for the game. I've worked hard to build my farms up to where they are at, and i'm far from being one of the top players. So please don't say it's just a game. Your coming into my cyber home that i have built, and raised since my little plot of land and my first apple tree, to where i am now. If you haven't gone through all the work since the begging of the game, there is no way that you'll be able to understand how the older players of the game feel. In a sense, it seems like they are giving the worth of the game away to the newer players. I'll let them use my tools. I just don't like how all this is done without my permission when you come to my farms. P.s. I'm not yelling using large type. I can't see very well. Respectfully, ray

rocker grrrrrl
Jan 08 2014, 10:17 AM
Brilliant thank you - great (if I have understood correctly) that new players if hired will not need tools if the owner of the farm already has them, this will help them a lot.

True, but they DO need fuel to operate said tools!!

gffarmer
Jan 08 2014, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the update! Great as always!

Kathy Fontaine
Jan 08 2014, 10:39 AM
My comment is about the bonus chest, I did a huge farm with trees, and flowers I could not claim my bonus because the bonus chest said I had crops, the only crops I had left were 2 frozen flowers that could not be harvested!!! I tried the hand tools and my harvester nothing would get them, they remained frozen so I lost the bonus...

Jeanettes270
Jan 08 2014, 10:42 AM
In regard to you will be able to use any of the tools owned by your employer. Is there someway to shut that off on your own farm? If they are in storage can they still use them? or do they have to be on the farm? I don't know about anyone else but some of us worked hard and paid a lot for these tools. I don't think people will be motivated to work as hard to get their own. I may be selfish but I will start doing my own work. I try to hire people with no tools so they can get xp's and coins to level up the way I did by working hard to get higher level.. I don't mind that they can use their coin tools now. That is good but I don't like them using my tools. I hope I can shut it off if not I will do my own work.

Debi Ryan
Jan 08 2014, 10:48 AM
got a question.....if you hire someone on your farm to h/p can you still use your tool to do (quest and things) or do we have to wait until they are done use that tool?

InePine
Jan 08 2014, 10:55 AM
I think its great that people can use my tools to work my farms, people need to stop being so selfish and be happy, because this benefits them aswell, dont be so grumphy and only think about others getting a "freebie", its not like they can take your tools with them when they leave.

Jeanettes270
Jan 08 2014, 10:55 AM

I totally agree. I will start doing my own work. Using their own coin tools is great but not what I worked hard to level up to get cash to buy my tools. I don't like this part of the update at all.

Jeanettes270
Jan 08 2014, 10:57 AM
I think its great that people can use my tools to work my farms, people need to stop being so selfish and be happy, because this benefits them aswell, dont be so grumphy and only think about others getting a "freebie", its not like they can take your tools with them when they leave.

I am selfish.

Sandraneta
Jan 08 2014, 11:06 AM

I sooooo agree with you. I am happy to allow anyone to use my tools. I am grateful that I am able to purchase and share them. Selfishness is a poison.... but to each his own. You get what you give. To the developers, thanks for another outstanding update. I truly wish there was a new release of something every week. I play a fashion game that has incorporated a way to release something new daily on a rotating basis. Somethings cost cash, but it keeps the game highly interesting. I am totally committed to Farm Town, further, I appreciate the forum and the service it gives to the players Again, a thousand thanks.

Qivis
Jan 08 2014, 11:08 AM

I agree. It means we who have the tools do not have to constantly search for people who also have the ones for the work we want done. It also means we do not have to wait as long for a person with smaller tools to finish as we used to. It also means those who did not realize having more than 1 account was against Facebook rules can get rid of the extras faster and - theoretically anyway - speed things up for the rest of us.

InePine
Jan 08 2014, 11:08 AM
But it completely changes the dynamics in the marketplace, instead of everybody trying to hire the one person that has a comobine, they will fight to work for you because you have the bigger tools, how can that be a bad thing? You will get the work done faster, you can plant new seeds faster, and earn more xp/crops. I dont care if the "newbies" level faster because of it, its not like they are taking anything away from me in the process, this game is not a competition.

Qivis
Jan 08 2014, 11:14 AM
If i may. I've been playing since the start of the game, and i have spent many a day, and night working at bettering my farm at the time. I have also spent many dollars, buying tools and land for my farms. It all boils down to, how much dedication, and money you have invested in the game to get where you are at. Many of us are far from being rich, and in order to buy farm cash items, we have to see what we can do without that month, in order to buy farm cash for the game. I've worked hard to build my farms up to where they are at, and i'm far from being one of the top players. So please don't say it's just a game. Your coming into my cyber home that i have built, and raised since my little plot of land and my first apple tree, to where i am now. If you haven't gone through all the work since the begging of the game, there is no way that you'll be able to understand how the older players of the game feel. In a sense, it seems like they are giving the worth of the game away to the newer players. I'll let them use my tools. I just don't like how all this is done without my permission when you come to my farms. P.s. I'm not yelling using large type. I can't see very well. Respectfully, ray

Correction: Many older players of the game have begged and pleaded with Slashkey to make the tools that we have purchased work for our employees because it has become extremely difficult to find employees with their own tools. It benefits everyone and not just the newer farmers. The developers just gave us what we wanted!

lollipopthebunny
Jan 08 2014, 11:25 AM
I think the idea that people we hire in the mrkt have access to the FC tools is NOT a good idea, I do agreee they can have access to the coin tools we have for the JOB we hire them for, BUT I am a little confused on that.

IF I hire to do harvest TREES only Do they have access to the OTHER Tools also? Or Just what we hire the person for whether its a neighbor or someone in the market??? Please clarify that.

I also think by allowing others to use OUR tools when we hire them it in some ways is a 'catch 22' It helps US get our farms done an hopefully more complete than it has happened BUT it also makes it NOT inviting for LOW level people to bother to spend money now on their OWN tools cause they can always use someone elses when they get hired. IF it takes them HOURS to do their own farm it doesn't matter an some don't care.:confused:

Taz D
Jan 08 2014, 11:33 AM
I think the idea that people we hire in the mrkt have access to the FC tools is NOT a good idea, I do agreee they can have access to the coin tools we have for the JOB we hire them for, BUT I am a little confused on that.

IF I hire to do harvest TREES only Do they have access to the OTHER Tools also? Or Just what we hire the person for whether its a neighbor or someone in the market??? Please clarify that.

I also think by allowing others to use OUR tools when we hire them it in some ways is a 'catch 22' It helps US get our farms done an hopefully more complete than it has happened BUT it also makes it NOT inviting for LOW level people to bother to spend money now on their OWN tools cause they can always use someone elses when they get hired. IF it takes them HOURS to do their own farm it doesn't matter an some don't care.:confused:
They will only have access to the tools for the jobs you hire them for. If they are not hired to harvest and plow then they will not be able to use those tools.

Farmgirl_Su
Jan 08 2014, 11:35 AM
Allowing workers to use our tools takes Nothing away from us at all. it actually helps. Yes we buy them but if others cannot use them on our farm it doesn't give us more so I really don't understand the problem..
I think it's a great community update..

lollipopthebunny
Jan 08 2014, 11:36 AM
They will only have access to the tools for the jobs you hire them for. If they are not hired to harvest and plow then they will not be able to use those tools.
Thanks for the quick answer! That makes me feel better then about hiring non neighbors to do my farms.

I do have One last question. Did the developers figure out how to stop players from keeping a 'tab' open or ? an be able to go back to the persons farm at a later time an do more than what was ready when they were initially hired to do? It has happened to some I have read about in here an also I believe I have had it happen to me a couple times. I wasn't even sure how the person was able to do mine when that happened.

maggiel29
Jan 08 2014, 11:37 AM
Thank you for everything, like everything EXCEPT that eye - its really spooky - cant you find a different icon or have text instead pleeeeeease ......................

Farmgirl_Su
Jan 08 2014, 11:40 AM
plus think about it..if someone in your family has a farm with no tools, they can now work for you using your tools..;)

Qivis
Jan 08 2014, 11:45 AM
I wish people would stop complaining about our workers being able to use our tools to do the work. It is a suggestion that farmers have been making for months because of trouble finding workers who will stick around and do the jobs for which we hire them. It's not as if the developers added it without consulting farmers first. They are just giving us what we have been begging and pleading to have. So don't blame Raul and the rest of the team for what is really our "fault" as farmers who've been having trouble finding employees. Great update Raul & Company! It's been a long time since I last hired from the market and maybe I will start doing it again.

Don't feed the beggers
Jan 08 2014, 11:53 AM
Grr lost my whole reply..

I am selfish, I am on original and like every other original we got where we are by doing things the old fashioned way....1x1'ing it all, NO tools, etc etc I got there 1 step at a time just like everyone else.

To get there faster I was required to use MONEY to buy tools and after you spend real money on those tools you realize you just paid a small fortune to get ahead a little faster.

Now anyone can do that? WITHOUT having had to pay a friggen dime? I (and everyone else who bought tools) are paying so that others can get ahead, I earned my level and my xps on my own, why shouldn't I be upset that little "Jo farmer" gets a free ride using the money that me and others have spent? We paid to get an advantage no we no longer have that.

if they wanna use my tools fine, but you gotta help me pay for them, it isn't fair that we get no say in that. I want a rental fee, I want some of my FC refunded if they won't, don't, can;t etc pay for tools than why should they be able to use ours???? They were MY investment not "jo Farmer's"

so yes if this makes me selfish than so be it, I was very happy with this game until this morning, when I read what will be happening.

Farmgirl_Su
Jan 08 2014, 11:57 AM
LOL yup you are selfish..and yet depriving them would gain you nothing..

barbara nixon
Jan 08 2014, 12:00 PM
thanks for the new update..guess we won't b getting farm 21..had plans..guess i will have to change them...lol..

Don't feed the beggers
Jan 08 2014, 12:04 PM
LOL yup you are selfish..and yet depriving them would gain you nothing..

But they gain everything.....everything I and all the originals had to work so dam hard far, but the newbies get it all handed to them on a silver platter....if I had the option of allowing them tools I wouldn't be so mad about it all, but I have no choice at all. Its bc of me and everyone else that HAS put money into the game that the game is still running strong, it is bc of us they continue to do the updates....well this update just bit us in the butt, I'd show you the big chunk missing from mine but my butt ain't pretty lol

rocker grrrrrl
Jan 08 2014, 12:13 PM
I am selfish.

:D:p:D:p:D:p

GoalieAunt
Jan 08 2014, 12:21 PM
One more positive spin on allowing others to use the employer's tools is that they are more likely to buy their own FC tools. I know that if I saw how easy it was to use a 10x10 combine or catch all the fish with one click or chop 96 trees at I time and then had to go back to my own farm and do 1 or 2 or 9 at a time, I'd do everything I could to get those FC tools on my farm. And the more people who will buy FC the more money the developers have to improve the game for everyone.

lollipopthebunny
Jan 08 2014, 12:22 PM
But they gain everything.....everything I and all the originals had to work so dam hard far, but the newbies get it all handed to them on a silver platter....if I had the option of allowing them tools I wouldn't be so mad about it all, but I have no choice at all. Its bc of me and everyone else that HAS put money into the game that the game is still running strong, it is bc of us they continue to do the updates....well this update just bit us in the butt, I'd show you the big chunk missing from mine but my butt ain't pretty lol
IF you want others to work your farms then they can do it easier by using the tools are available now. IFyou go to the market an try to get help on your farms, the majority in there don't' have tools yet and can't do the large size farms that I have seen! I have all the tools an yet there are SOME farms that are WAY over loaded to the point I can't even do them myself or barely!

They only have access to the tools for the JOB you hire them for! SO You won't complain when they leave your farms half done! I don't know that it will stop them from purchasing tools themselves as they won't have the BIG tools for their own use!

lollipopthebunny
Jan 08 2014, 12:23 PM
I agree totally! with what you said!

KnightRider
Jan 08 2014, 12:26 PM
Like someone else mentioned that the incentive to purchase the FC tools now is gone. They can use tools of the person that hired them and if they make their farms bigger the only FC tool they would need is the seeder, cause the other things they could hire out to someone that has the FC tools to harvest and plow.

They had the coin tool poll which they should have asked the question in the poll also about using the hiring farmers FC tools, but they only asked about the coin tools.

Now if they would add an option to turn this off, then the ones that wanted that feature would be happy and the ones that doesn't want someone to use their tools would be happy also. That would be win/win.

pippi123
Jan 08 2014, 12:29 PM
I guess if someone positively didn't want the hired farmer to use their FC tools, they could put their FC tools on a farm before going to the market place to hire, this way the hired farmer would have no FC tools to use. I am not saying that the person should do that, but they could if they wanted to.

THANK YOU!! This is great...I can help my neighbors or only the HELPFUL ones. I don't mind assisting others with tree tools but I am rather protective of my turbo boat.

whosyou?
Jan 08 2014, 12:36 PM

I am selfish, I am on original and like every other original we got where we are by doing things the old fashioned way....1x1'ing it all, NO tools, etc etc I got there 1 step at a time just like everyone else.

To get there faster I was required to use MONEY to buy tools and after you spend real money on those tools you realize you just paid a small fortune to get ahead a little faster.

Now anyone can do that? WITHOUT having had to pay a friggen dime? I (and everyone else who bought tools) are paying so that others can get ahead, I earned my level and my xps on my own, why shouldn't I be upset that little "Jo farmer" gets a free ride using the money that me and others have spent? We paid to get an advantage no we no longer have that.

if they wanna use my tools fine, but you gotta help me pay for them, it isn't fair that we get no say in that. I want a rental fee, I want some of my FC refunded if they won't, don't, can;t etc pay for tools than why should they be able to use ours???? They were MY investment not "jo Farmer's"

so yes if this makes me selfish than so be it, I was very happy with this game until this morning, when I read what will be happening.

I used to ride a horse to school...now we have a car...should I make my kid ride a horse?Or should I charge my kid to ride along.

pippi123
Jan 08 2014, 12:41 PM

Try this: take the tools you do not wish to share out of storage and place them on a farm. The farmers you hire will not be able to access them if they are not in your storage. Or, you can let them use the smaller tools, example, a 4x4 combine but not the new shiny 10x10.

I don't mind sharing the older tools but am rather protective of my turbo boat.

Berle
Jan 08 2014, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the update. However, you did it again. Increased the usage of petrochemical barrels and its resulting products without making it easier to obtain them. Please Please Please increase the production of Petrochemical barrels in Oil Refineries.

whosyou?
Jan 08 2014, 12:44 PM
I am so sad reading people unwilling to share a virtual combine with someone because they think it is unfair at how "hard we had to work" <----------------LAWL
You don't want people to use your fake tools..don't hire anyone..simple as that.That will teach those newbies.I mean,we do not want them gaining levels and beating us at this game do we?We worked hard to get that farming trophy...and I will be darned if some new guy/gal can come in and get one to...because I spent real money on fake things.I also spent real money on FC facilities...I should make sure that they can not get into those as well when I ask for help with my fac's.
Now if you excuse me..I need to go sit over my farm kingdom and laugh at the serfs as they plow 1x1 squares...as is only right.

Farmgirl_Su
Jan 08 2014, 12:56 PM
I am so sad reading people unwilling to share a virtual combine with someone because they think it is unfair at how "hard we had to work" <----------------LAWL
You don't want people to use your fake tools..don't hire anyone..simple as that.That will teach those newbies.I mean,we do not want them gaining levels and beating us at this game do we?We worked hard to get that farming trophy...and I will be darned if some new guy/gal can come in and get one to...because I spent real money on fake things.I also spent real money on FC facilities...I should make sure that they can not get into those as well when I ask for help with my fac's.
Now if you excuse me..I need to go sit over my farm kingdom and laugh at the serfs as they plow 1x1 squares...as is only right.

ROFL..funny but ohh so true....

DaisyDuke81
Jan 08 2014, 12:57 PM
Also, you will be able to use any of the tools owned by your employer. Right now there is no quick way to determine if your employer owns a particular tool, you will have to click on it and you will see a message box if the tool is not owned by the employer. In future releases we will show only the tools available for use, owned by you or your employer.
l

How do you use your employers tools? My employers green boat wasn't accessible to me. It was in their storage.

Farmgirl_Su
Jan 08 2014, 01:03 PM
This is a good social experiment,the fact hiring workers and them using your tools does not hurt or take from the 'owner' and yet so many are acting like it's taking money out their pocket. We buy tools to help ourselves, hiring a worker who has no tools and letting them use ours is a super idea.. they pay the fuel ,we get the work done and there is no wear and tear on the tools..they don't need maintenance..
If anyone wants to take their bat and ball (tools) and hide them..fine ..Only hire those with tools or here is a good idea. Do all the work yourself with the precious tools.

This would be funny if it didn't say a lot about human nature!

smilie224
Jan 08 2014, 01:06 PM
Is there anything I as an employer need to do for others to use my tools? I have had employees say that the combo isn't available for them. Just curious if it is something I am doing wrong.

To chime in on the other comments regarding the tools. I have been playing since the very beginning myself. I think it is a GOOD idea to give them tools. Often, I have such trouble hiring for my farms because they just don't have the tools to do it. Although yes, I paid real money for them, I think it is a good way to keep people interested in the game and not just quit because they can't get a job. playing since around April 2009 :) almost every day - a bit addicted ;-)

ccheney
Jan 08 2014, 01:22 PM
I don't mind sharing my tools but not my fuel. I think the worker should have to use their own fuel for it.

bruhelmboldt
Jan 08 2014, 01:30 PM
thanks raul & co…. But you guys are killing us with the need for poly fiber, please increase it, everything else is great but we need the poly fibers like yesterday.. Too many things with the same product and no way of increasing it…

yes!! Please!!!

marymarcel
Jan 08 2014, 01:37 PM
I don't mind sharing my tools but not my fuel. I think the worker should have to use their own fuel for it.

Hi! they use their own fuel not yours.:)

farmersuz77
Jan 08 2014, 01:53 PM
I am very pleased with the Farm Selector color change for working other farms. Eliminated a very big annoyance for me....thank you!! I am still excited over my sped up Avatar too. It would really be beneficial if the facilities production could be customized individually for those of us who have multiples of some factories on several farms. That way we wouldn't be producing mega tons of things we do not need in order to be certain we have those things we need a lot of. Just a thought...Thanks for all of your efforts because this is a very enjoyable game!!

KnightRider
Jan 08 2014, 02:14 PM
This was added by Raul

- We will add soon a check box somewhere for the employer to disable the capability of the employee to use employers tools

barbaraelwart
Jan 08 2014, 02:25 PM
:D LOVE LOVE LOVE the new Sunny Cloud - best thing ever on FT - maybe lightening could be next ;)

Thank you so much Raul and the Devs :D

StoneFace
Jan 08 2014, 02:29 PM
Like someone else mentioned that the incentive to purchase the FC tools now is gone. They can use tools of the person that hired them and if they make their farms bigger the only FC tool they would need is the seeder, cause the other things they could hire out to someone that has the FC tools to harvest and plow.

They had the coin tool poll which they should have asked the question in the poll also about using the hiring farmers FC tools, but they only asked about the coin tools.

Now if they would add an option to turn this off, then the ones that wanted that feature would be happy and the ones that doesn't want someone to use their tools would be happy also. That would be win/win.

Perhaps there is a loss of incentive to buy some of the FC tools.... however, perhaps that farmer will be intrigued enough to buy FC facilities. After all, you can make some coin if you harvest and plow for another.... but no where near as much as you can with facilities. So as some point they will have made more coin, increased their inventory, and may not be able to do anything with it except sell it. .

Tooth.Aches
Jan 08 2014, 02:41 PM
:confused:

More than that, I guess my question would be.. whose fuel would be used? :confused:

zippity
Jan 08 2014, 02:41 PM
I love that they can use my tools now I don't have to stand around for long periods of time trying to hire someone in the market place that has the right tools and wouldn't even mind if they had to use my fuel as I have well over 21 million that I can't use up not to mention what I have in storage when I go to refill again. It has been well over a year since I have refueled. Thank you devs for giving them the ability to use my tools.

whosyou?
Jan 08 2014, 02:49 PM

How about you highlight these people in the market GREEN so people know they are unwilling to share,and can decide not to help them on their farms.I mean,if we are going to cater to the selfish..let it go both ways.

Qivis
Jan 08 2014, 03:13 PM

What's really sad about it is that people have been begging for this very thing for nearly a year and it has NOT been the people without tools. It has been those of us who have all the tools who suggested it in the suggestions thread because without this ability it has become more and more difficult to find reliable help in the market. Too many farmers would come to do our work and either 1) do nothing and not say anything or 2) do part of the work and also not say anything about what they did not do. Both scenarios were because we had "too much" work for them. And now people are complaining because Slashkey did exactly what we wanted so the developers cannot win.

Qivis
Jan 08 2014, 03:17 PM
How do you use your employers tools? My employers green boat wasn't accessible to me. It was in their storage.

Open the expanded tool box to use the tools. And the tools HAVE to be in their storage to be available and not on their farms. :)

cbeckner80
Jan 08 2014, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=J :( my other little problem is Polyester fibre there is never enough even with 5 petrochemical plants so it would be great if the output could be increased :) thank you again for all your hard work :) x[/QUOTE]

Ditto. We need more Polyester.

Qivis
Jan 08 2014, 03:23 PM

No. They gave those of us with all the tools exactly what we have been begging for in the suggestions thread for over a year now. This is just the ability to hire people to do the work we want without having to waste time searching for a person with exactly the tool we need or being told "sure! I'll do trees" only to have the worker leave immediately after they arrive instead of working. It was NOT farmers without tools who made this suggestion in the first place, but some of us who were getting tired of spending more time in the hiring process than actually farming. If you do not want farmers to be able to use your tools, then you can remove them from storage and place them on your farms since the tools must be in storage for employees to use them in the expanded tool box.

KnightRider
Jan 08 2014, 03:31 PM
What's really sad about it is that people have been begging for this very thing for nearly a year and it has NOT been the people without tools. It has been those of us who have all the tools who suggested it in the suggestions thread because without this ability it has become more and more difficult to find reliable help in the market. Too many farmers would come to do our work and either 1) do nothing and not say anything or 2) do part of the work and also not say anything about what they did not do. Both scenarios were because we had "too much" work for them. And now people are complaining because Slashkey did exactly what we wanted so the developers cannot win.

I don't think anyone is blaming Slashkey, I know I don't, and not everyone has been begging for this to be added, I noticed that they are adding the option to opt out, which is fair for the ones that didn't beg for it, this should make everyone happy. Everyone has the right to their opinion whether anyone agrees with it or not.

cindya
Jan 08 2014, 03:34 PM
i bought a cloud and then it disappeared... did i do something wrong??/

KnightRider
Jan 08 2014, 03:37 PM
i bought a cloud and then it disappeared... did i do something wrong??/

Hide everything but decorations and see if maybe it might be behind a tree or building or something. Look in your storage with the filter set to all and see if it might have gotten put in their.

MartiS.
Jan 08 2014, 03:48 PM
So can I get a refund for all of my real money I have spent to get top of the line tools since I can now use my employers? :rolleyes:

mpwhitford
Jan 08 2014, 03:48 PM
Per Abraham Lincoln '“You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”

cindya
Jan 08 2014, 04:18 PM
is the cloud post to follow you to different farms???? cause mine did...then its gone

DitzyLuvBug2
Jan 08 2014, 04:22 PM
I've done everything I know to do and the connecting to yellow mainframe (WF2) box won't go away and plug is blinking red to green. I have cleared browser history/cache, did Farm Town mem cache reset, closed browser, restarted browser, tried another browser, restarted computer and still can't get it to go away. I'm not having any problems with any other game or on the internet. Please help.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=777364817&farm_ix=0

Debi Ryan
Jan 08 2014, 04:24 PM

they use their own fuel not yours

SeaJay
Jan 08 2014, 04:25 PM

That's hilarious and very well said.

maggiel29
Jan 08 2014, 04:30 PM
Please add the new Polyester Textile rolls to the sliding door train car then we wont use so much polyester fibre to make them.

And please do something about that spooky eye :D

SeaJay
Jan 08 2014, 04:34 PM
Per Abraham Lincoln '“You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”

Yep!!!!!!!

lollipopthebunny
Jan 08 2014, 04:38 PM
I see one problem with the hiring an giving the person tools to do the work when it comes to doing flowers or trees especially!

I worked for my neighbor this morning an since she hired to harvest flowers/trees an chop trees, I could NOT harvest a few 'single' flowers as the 'big flower harvest' tool would not harvest them! You have to use the 'single 'harvest tool' to get the ones that won't pick up with the big tool, it has also happened with trees at times.

When working for a person in the market it makes it so the person working can NOT get a bonus when they are finished cause there are single or a few of either tree or flower that have to be done with the single harvest tool. PLEASE ADD THAT ONE tool back when hiring someone so they can completely get all the stuff on a farm!

SeaJay
Jan 08 2014, 04:39 PM
What a truly gracious and fabulous idea to let the farmers in the market use our big tools!!!! WOOO HOOOOOO. No more wondering if you've just hired someone who has no tools. Every hire will be the perfect person for the job now....so long as they are responsible workers. The bonus chests have now been put in reach of every farmer.
And just wait till they get back to their own farm and have to go back to a 1x1. What a GREAT incentive for them to buy their own tools.

Brilliant addition, Raul.

Off to check out the new clouds!! Peace!

Taz D
Jan 08 2014, 04:40 PM
I don't think anyone is blaming Slashkey, I know I don't, and not everyone has been begging for this to be added, I noticed that they are adding the option to opt out, which is fair for the ones that didn't beg for it, this should make everyone happy. Everyone has the right to their opinion whether anyone agrees with it or not.
Were I a newbie with no tools and knowing that I could use yours when hired by you as long as I have fuel I would love to do your farms for you. Oh, you won't let me use them, sorry then I will not work for you. Yep, that button to disable it will sure make people want to work for you. I am afraid that button will not make you popular with those who are trying to level up so they can buy their tools and hire new players.

Taz D
Jan 08 2014, 04:43 PM
I see one problem with the hiring an giving the person tools to do the work when it comes to doing flowers or trees especially!

I worked for my neighbor this morning an since she hired to harvest flowers/trees an chop trees, I could NOT harvest a few 'single' flowers as the 'big flower harvest' tool would not harvest them! You have to use the 'single 'harvest tool' to get the ones that won't pick up with the big tool, it has also happened with trees at times.

When working for a person in the market it makes it so the person working can NOT get a bonus when they are finished cause there are single or a few of either tree or flower that have to be done with the single harvest tool. PLEASE ADD THAT ONE tool back when hiring someone so they can completely get all the stuff on a farm!
The single tool is always available. They may have the option to use your tools but their own tools are also available through the toolbox which would include the single tool. And if you refresh the farm you should drop back to the single tool at that time without having to look for it.

KnightRider
Jan 08 2014, 04:44 PM
Were I a newbie with no tools and knowing that I could use yours when hired by you as long as I have fuel I would love to do your farms for you. Oh, you won't let me use them, sorry then I will not work for you. Yep, that button to disable it will sure make people want to work for you. I am afraid that button will not make you popular with those who are trying to level up so they can buy their tools and hire new players.

That is their choice, out of all of the posts against it. I won't be using the market place so I don't have to worry about it. I just wish I would have know this was going to happen, my neighbor could have saved hundreds of dollars purchasing the FC tools, this way they could have purchased facilities instead of tools.

Debi Ryan
Jan 08 2014, 04:46 PM
We have to remember, not all farmer have all tools...I have all tools and the 10 x 10 combine...usually I do my own farms but today for the first time I went to the market and hired someone to do my fields.....I went with them and they started h/p with their 5 x 5 combine...told them to use my 10 x 10...and it worked ...the person was so happy to be able to use it...first thing out of their mouth was.....can't wait to be able to get one ......so yes, some people will not buy all tools but, some I'm sure it is going to get more people to buy the bigger one once they use them......besides, it got my farms done (no problem) and they didn't use any of my fuel. Also there might be less (no flowers) or (chopping) or (shaking) or the NO FISHING....lol Sure, this is probably only going to help the people with all tools, but it will give the newbie a taste of what the bigger tools can do. Just hope they got the fuel to finish the job!

lollipopthebunny
Jan 08 2014, 04:47 PM
The single tool is always available. They may have the option to use your tools but their own tools are also available through the toolbox which would include the single tool. And if you refresh the farm you should drop back to the single tool at that time without having to look for it.
I tried to find it this morning an it did not show up in the extended tool box, or even at the bottom of the game!

LoreneC
Jan 08 2014, 04:58 PM
The new clouds are very pretty. I like that they can be set up high above the buildings etc.

Taz D
Jan 08 2014, 05:00 PM
I tried to find it this morning an it did not show up in the extended tool box, or even at the bottom of the game!
If you refreshed the farm it should be in your hand or would be the bottom item in the the clolumns. The sickle is the botom of the harvester column which would be the one for flowers, trees, and crops. The Axe is at the bottom of the Chainsaws.

Shellgirlmtl
Jan 08 2014, 05:22 PM
Thank you for the new goodies... I love the new facilities but I have a gripe to pick with you, which is rare, but this time I feel I have to say I am a bit disappointed... Considering the 2 new facs need silk textile rolls that you did not increase the production in the mills... players have been requesting this increase for some time now and a few releases back you did increase the amount in the Long Sliding-Door Car but not in the Textile Mill... I strongly feel the production should be the same amount as the sheep & llama wool rolls, 360 units in the Mills and 510 units in the train cargo car... This morning when I first filled up my Textile Mills (15), I realized the 'bonus batches sent to production' (never understood how that works) were actually added in the mills (sheep & llama wool increased from 360 to 384 and silk from 270 to 348) and was jumping for joy, but my joy quickly dissipated once I closed my Facility Mgr & reopened it, all amounts were back to 360 & 270... It would be nice if you allowed it...

Also, now that we can expand all 20 farms to 36x36, please let it stop there, no more expansions (I have suggestions for this which I will post in the Suggestion section at another time)... I have no problems with loading large farms most of the time but when I do it's not only large farms, the loading is lagging on smaller farms too, 20x20, 26x26, it doesn't make a difference the size of the farm, they all lag when loading... Could this problem be, not with our computers or whether we have large farms or not, but with the FT servers and that the strain of the programming for the large farms across the board is too much for the servers to handle???...

As always, I love this game and I thank each and everyone of you for doing all that you do for our enjoyment!!!...

SeaJay
Jan 08 2014, 05:27 PM
Question!
Is that 20,25 and 30 Farm Cash per mist or cloud or does that FC buy you the right to use as many mist's or clouds as you want....like the FC clothing?

KnightRider
Jan 08 2014, 05:40 PM
Question!
Is that 20,25 and 30 Farm Cash per mist or cloud or does that FC buy you the right to use as many mist's or clouds as you want....like the FC clothing?

It is to purchase per mist or cloud just like everything that is in the store for FC, the FC clothing is only purchase of that one clothing item, but once it is purchased you can change between the purchased clothing as much as you want.

nijntje
Jan 08 2014, 05:53 PM
... and it worked ...the person was so happy to be able to use it...first thing out of their mouth was.....can't wait to be able to get one ......so yes, some people will not buy all tools but, some I'm sure it is going to get more people to buy the bigger one once they use them......besides, it got my farms done (no problem) and they didn't use any of my fuel. Also there might be less (no flowers) or (chopping) or (shaking) or the NO FISHING....lol Sure, this is probably only going to help the people with all tools, but it will give the newbie a taste of what the bigger tools can do. Just hope they got the fuel to finish the job!

well I have all brown tools and the chop-tool brown could not been taken by a person I hired with a lower level chop tool .... sigh
:eek:

tengunn
Jan 08 2014, 06:00 PM
I love that others can use my tools to harvest my farms. I always feel bad when I hire someone with no tools to do a full farm. It takes them forever. And then if I happen to have hired someone with tools that didn't start right away they come in and take all the work away. No one wants to share anymore. The only ones who might be hurt if people don't buy the tools is Slashkey. Sure doesn't hurt my pocket book. I will have less lose of crops being left because someone didn't have time to finish one click at a time. And just so you know a have been here from June 2009. I have worked hard for what I have. I am so thankful for this game everyday and I believe this just makes it better.

ty_gereye
Jan 08 2014, 06:09 PM
The dim/hide feature is great that you gave us a choice. I truly wish default had been hide!!

mariate veldad sanchez
Jan 08 2014, 06:22 PM
I came to give thanks for the new update , I just think it's wonderful that you have low levels can use the machines employer , I think it will be a very effective way to revive the game, it's a big incentive for new players and not will look at a big disadvantage with those who have already spent years and all machines . Entering now I have seen the comments of some people who seem not hurt that use their machines which seems to me a huge egotism , what else gives them what if the are not going to spend even going to have breakdowns nor use its gasoline. My opinion on which an option for the employer no permission to use their machines is a mistake , I certainly do not share and would be a disappointment for my sets. If you want to work your farms and have more facilities for it , the better since you do not leave anything .
My opinion is that you leave like this and not want to use their machines, do not hire anyone or hire farmers to know they have their own machines.
Now I thank the developers for giving us what we asked and then some. THANKS

Taz D
Jan 08 2014, 06:23 PM
well I have all brown tools and the chop-tool brown could not been taken by a person I hired with a lower level chop tool .... sigh
The question would be do they have fuel? I f not then they would not be able to use them. If they do have fuel then they need to open the Extended toolbox to use them. They cannot use them from the shorter harvest or plow toolbars or from them being on the toolbar in place of the gift box or store.

Clockworx
Jan 08 2014, 06:59 PM
The new Robot tool is not working trying to transfer over 4 mil sheep to my store hmmm

Rugged Barbie
Jan 08 2014, 06:59 PM
I love love love that workers can use my tools! It is all the buz in the market!

I did hire someone to h/p, chop, shake and fish. However, they were only able to use my x10. They could NOT use my largest tree shaker, chain saw, flower harvester and turbo boat.
One worker said he had to buy a coin harvester to get the fuel tank option to work.

MY hired workers Can Use MY Tools every time. I hire at the market because I support newbies. They are cool. And, without the newbies, we're not going to be getting more Dans and Belts offered because we old timers have about used ours up.
Peace Out
More Poly please
More Silk please
<3

theperfectnina
Jan 08 2014, 07:10 PM
The way I read it is that it is just for placing animals in sheds that is on the farm, like if you purchase 100 sheep then you can place all 100 sheep in the shed without clicking on each one, it doesn't change moving the animals from and to storage.

Are you sure about that KnightRider?? Have you tested it out?
I do hope you are right, and I will be testing it out sometime today or tomorrow but if you have already tested it out and know for sure this is true can you please let me know, this will save my time :)

theperfectnina
Jan 08 2014, 07:11 PM

I totally agree with you, and the game isn't a competition for me either. Glad to see someone thing the same :)

jmdoda4438@comcast.net
Jan 08 2014, 07:12 PM
Thank you Raul and team for the update!! I do have to laugh at all these farmers who "worked" so hard to get where they are!! This is a game and a fun and enjoyable one, so come on people learn to share!

theperfectnina
Jan 08 2014, 07:13 PM

Love the last paragraph, brilliant :) I like that people can use my tools, it will save me time searching for people in the market place and also allow me to help others get higher levels working my farms quicker

InePine
Jan 08 2014, 07:25 PM
For the first time in AGES i have been able to hire people to fish, shake and chop! Wooohoo! Love that people can use my tools! :D

theperfectnina
Jan 08 2014, 07:27 PM
I think that if they are going to be allowed to use our tools (again the ones that WE paid for) then we should have some compensation, a rental fee perhaps...since WE PAID with REAL money to have them and to put us at an advantage, then why not charge a rental fee, farm cash in exchange for what we have spent? Doesn't have to be a lot, but it if people are going to be able to use then tools they did NOT pay for then its only fair that we receive something in return....they get it all we get nothing...but its bc of OUR money that the game is still going and being upgraded etc etc etc

There will be an option if you allow or not in the future so that should make you happy

dnana
Jan 08 2014, 07:40 PM
I'm very happy with the update, especially with teh farm grid colors, so nice! I don;t always see as well as I would like and that really improved that little corner for me!!!

To those worrying about people using their tools, the limiter on hires using your tools is...it's their gas. How many people have enough petrol if they don't already own all the big tools? Plus, if they are using their gas to run your tools, that takes away from the gas available to them to plant and get supplies in. Bring on the 'increase fuel production!!' posts.

Thank you, Slashkey, really like this one! :)

theperfectnina
Jan 08 2014, 07:43 PM
They are in the farm section. Make it alphabetically or do a search at the top. But remember there is BIG cloud, DARK cloud, STORM cloud, Mist, BIG mist, and Sunny cloud. :)

I for one CANNOT believe the sunny cloud (which is great) costs 30 FC just as much as the old tools, this is outrageous to me. :( :eek::eek::eek:

theperfectnina
Jan 08 2014, 07:57 PM

Thank you for that, had a good laugh. You have a great sense of humor and attitude :). I don't know why people are so annoyed, I have played since day dot and am so happy we can now share what we have got. It helps us ALL in the end, why be so greedy?

theperfectnina
Jan 08 2014, 07:58 PM

The do have to use their own fuel, that hasn't changed at all

theperfectnina
Jan 08 2014, 08:06 PM

How about you highlight these people in the market GREEN so people know they are unwilling to share,and can decide not to help them on their farms.I mean,if we are going to cater to the selfish..let it go both ways.

Green is already an option, how about yellow for cowards he he

theperfectnina
Jan 08 2014, 08:29 PM

I previously had moved another tool to the single harvest spot and quickly learned to leave it alone. Don't put any tools in that spot and it will allow you to use it on everyone's farm but if you have put another tool in its place it can't be used even if you go into the toolbox.

theperfectnina
Jan 08 2014, 08:31 PM

Totally agree with you :p

theperfectnina
Jan 08 2014, 08:32 PM

I previously had moved another tool to the single harvest spot and quickly learned to leave it alone.

Don't put any tools in that spot and it will allow you to use it on everyone's farm but if you have put another tool in its place it can't be used even if you go into the toolbox.

theperfectnina
Jan 08 2014, 08:41 PM

Did they look in their toolbox, that is the only way they can have access to your tools

theperfectnina
Jan 08 2014, 08:43 PM
The dim/hide feature is great that you gave us a choice. I truly wish default had been hide!!

I agree, I have mine set in the spanner on hide so now when I work for someone (rarely do that) it is dim and a real pain and confusing. I had trees and flowers on and the dim didn't allow me to clearing see the flowers needing to be harvested, so had to turn trees off to do the flowers.

Would be so much easier if it was hide instead.

theperfectnina
Jan 08 2014, 08:47 PM
I'm in the market spreading the word to the players who have NO idea about the Forum or the changes to the game, had to leave they either thought I was lying or being 'snotty' cause I told them to join the Forum and read up on the latest features of the game

OMG the personalities of some people :confused:

LionessNcubx3
Jan 08 2014, 09:28 PM
For some reason, I cannot use my mother's bigger tools when working her farms, even though she has them and they are in storage. I worked a lot of jobs in the market place tonight with no issue, but I can't use hers. Does it not work if you are neighbors?

Taz D
Jan 08 2014, 09:53 PM
For some reason, I cannot use my mother's bigger tools when working her farms, even though she has them and they are in storage. I worked a lot of jobs in the market place tonight with no issue, but I can't use hers. Does it not work if you are neighbors?
Nothing was said about neighbors not being able to use them. Are you out of fuel? It does require you have fuel and not the employer.

lollipopthebunny
Jan 08 2014, 10:05 PM
If you refreshed the farm it should be in your hand or would be the bottom item in the the clolumns. The sickle is the botom of the harvester column which would be the one for flowers, trees, and crops. The Axe is at the bottom of the Chainsaws.
Will pay attention the next time a neighbor hires me an see if it shows up.

I did just work in the market for others an notice the bonus disappears after you have done what they hired you to do, even before you click on it at times. I was watching to make sure my coin count went up an for the most part it did go up, the First few farms I did I wasn't watching so not sure about those.

StoneFace
Jan 08 2014, 10:06 PM
I'm in the market spreading the word to the players who have NO idea about the Forum or the changes to the game, had to leave they either thought I was lying or being 'snotty' cause I told them to join the Forum and read up on the latest features of the game

OMG the personalities of some people :confused:

It has been mentioned before, as least my me a few times, that when some one first joins the game, they should be directed to a short tutorial on the forum,

and if they complete the tutorial, they might get an extra $5 or $10 farm cash.

... and be many steps ahead of the game and perhaps become a long time player if they knew more of what they could do.

LionessNcubx3
Jan 08 2014, 10:06 PM
Nothing was said about neighbors not being able to use them. Are you out of fuel? It does require you have fuel and not the employer.

Nope, fuel is definitely not an issue ...at all ever LOL.

sevenofnineborgstar
Jan 09 2014, 12:57 AM
I could not be more happier than the feature that allows us to use the employee's tools. My sister hired me today and what a joy it was, as with having bad arthritis in my hands I now find it so much less painful than when I had to use just the single tools. Overjoyed is an understatement.
As for the complainers, my sister worked extremely hard to get where she is and spent hard gotten money to buy her tools, but is willing to help any new player get ahead. She says she remembers the bad old days of having to slog along with a single tool and with more painful hands than I have. Share the love is her motto. She has a newbie group where she does what she can to help newbies forge ahead in the game. Love her for it

sevenofnineborgstar
Jan 09 2014, 01:07 AM
I would have liked to have seen GREEN for the farms to still go to as in GO and RED for the farms that have been worked as in STOP. Just a thought.

KnightRider
Jan 09 2014, 01:09 AM
I would have liked to have seen GREEN for the farms to still go to as in GO and RED for the farms that have been worked as in STOP. Just a thought.

Any suggestions would be better in the suggestion section so that the developers can see the suggestion, you can't start a new thread, but you can post in the thread closest to your suggestion. If you don't see one that is close you can post in the thread "My idea doesn't have a thread".

tinlug
Jan 09 2014, 01:18 AM
Something else that needs Poly-fiber???? You need 20 poly-fiber to make only 5 rolls!!!!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/1459886_10152517602944008_47826299_n.jpg

I agree with that. I have 4 plants trying to make enough poly fibre and just cant get enough and now we have to find more. Thin air he I come.

tinlug
Jan 09 2014, 01:19 AM
Another time and more to do - thanks Raul now my wife will complain about the time I am on Farmtown. But just asking how about a train car for poly fibre since I cant make enough in 4 facilities to meet demand?

theperfectnina
Jan 09 2014, 02:14 AM

Funny you should say that I have place the exact same thing in my group the farms should be highlighted red not blue but then I saw what blue they used and was very happy with it, as it doesn't impede on the water farms :)

theperfectnina
Jan 09 2014, 02:17 AM
It has been a while since I liked an upgrade, I do like this one though. Love the idea of allowing others to use my tools, I do hope more and more people are award of this. Also, love the fact that the eye has been placed when hired to dim, hide or not what we need a tool for.

Those two things have really improved the game for me anyway. So many people were not aware that they could dim/hide things and made it hard for them to complete a job, therefore getting the bonus chest.

A few more things could have been easily done for us players but hopefully in time these will be sorted out.

Thank you Raul for this great update. :-)

peekachoo
Jan 09 2014, 03:08 AM
Thank you very much for the new update, I really like the new Home button and the dim out function when you're working at other farms.

Just a small thing I've noticed, when I went to buy the Household Linen Store, the blue button disappears and you have to hover your mouse just above it to actually buy it.

Dad Shadow
Jan 09 2014, 03:25 AM
All those that worked hard / spent real cash on big tools received a kick in the face today.
WHY ?

nijntje
Jan 09 2014, 04:58 AM
Did they look in their toolbox, that is the only way they can have access to your tools

of course ... person could use the brown combi without any problem !

I stop warning people that they can use other tools ... I feel as a fool. A player got angry because I told this person to take my tools. It did not work :cool:

nijntje
Jan 09 2014, 05:01 AM
All those that worked hard / spent real cash on big tools received a kick in the face today.
WHY ?

yep, I agree !! It should be an advantage that others can use your tools ... if the system worked of course :rolleyes:

theperfectnina
Jan 09 2014, 05:18 AM
of course ... person could use the brown combi without any problem !

I stop warning people that they can use other tools ... I feel as a fool. A player got angry because I told this person to take my tools. It did not work :cool:

All tools must be in storage and NOT on any farms, otherwise this option will not work.

parrot38
Jan 09 2014, 05:33 AM
Herding robot is brill, now I can fill my sheds without any effort, thank you very much

Don't feed the beggers
Jan 09 2014, 05:47 AM
see now this changes my opinion and my feelings....giving me that choice on whether or not I want to allow access to my tools makes things different. I have a choice, I don't have to let you...and since I don't HAVE to, I am more likely than not to share them.....

StoneFace
Jan 09 2014, 06:24 AM
Another time and more to do - thanks Raul now my wife will complain about the time I am on Farmtown. But just asking how about a train car for poly fibre since I cant make enough in 4 facilities to meet demand?

or...

another FC Turbo Tool (:eek:)which will not only speed up production in the Petro Plant, but also double or triple it. Something in the order of the tool which increases production in the semi-trailer.

ggranmum
Jan 09 2014, 07:10 AM
Another factory to use POLYESTER FIBER when we cannot produce enough now. I have 3 FC factories (Oil Refinerys that produce Petrochemical) and cannot produce enough to supply 2 coins factories (Petrochemical) that produce the Poly Fiber. I will not buy another factory that is already overloaded and cannot buy another with FC. Thanks for listening.

pete5560
Jan 09 2014, 07:15 AM
ut tries to move over 4 billion animals to shed. loxks up game:(

Clockworx
Jan 09 2014, 07:20 AM
Guys please fix the Robot tool it does not work it locks up my game when i try to use it it is trying to load an astronomical figure of animals. Don't tell me i wasted 50 FC again like in the trains

Clockworx
Jan 09 2014, 08:37 AM
Herding robot is brill, now I can fill my sheds without any effort, thank you very much

Wait till you try and use it, it does not work

Clockworx
Jan 09 2014, 08:57 AM
Regarding the using of tools it does not work I hired a player to do my trees, they had enough petrol and also had their own green chainsaw. No extended toolbar came up for them as implied here and they could not use my gold tools. I agree it is a great idea if it works though. It seems this is only for tools that use fuel????

Rob T
Jan 09 2014, 09:02 AM
Regarding the using of tools it does not work I hired a player to do my trees, they had enough petrol and also had their own green chainsaw. No extended toolbar came up for them as implied here and they could not use my gold tools. I agree it is a great idea if it works though. It seems this is only for tools that use fuel????

I've had no issues with it... tho there is a little delay before the extended toolbox pops up. tried it several times, and has worked fine.

Clockworx
Jan 09 2014, 09:05 AM
I've had no issues with it... tho there is a little delay before the extended toolbox pops up. tried it several times, and has worked fine.

Well i tried it with with a few of my friends and it does not work they just get their highest tool or in the case of a newbie the 3x3 tools

Dutch85
Jan 09 2014, 10:11 AM

Speaking of delays....I am experiencing a delay with each thing I do in FT. This started yesterday after the release. I can work with it, but I thought I should let you know.

Qivis
Jan 09 2014, 10:17 AM
Well i tried it with with a few of my friends and it does not work they just get their highest tool or in the case of a newbie the 3x3 tools

By "extended tool box" they mean the tool box which opens with the arrow. I did notice this morning that the arrow did not appear just by hovering over the tool box as is has before. So the workers have to click the regular tool box in the bar at the bottom of the game and then click the arrow before the extended tool box opens and then the tool can be selected from there.

Otherwise it appears to be working for everyone else. I've had several workers with either less than the largest tools or no tools at all work my farms without any additional problems using mine! If following the directions I gave above does not work, I suggest clicking the "report / contact this app" link to the right of your screen and below the Facebook ads. It will put you in touch more directly since it appears your situation is unique. On occasion I also have had problems with the game that very few other farmers have had. Raul and the development team have been very quick to fix them. :) Just be patient since it may take up to 2 weeks or more depending on how many other tickets are ahead of you.

Taz D
Jan 09 2014, 10:20 AM
ut tries to move over 4 billion animals to shed. loxks up game:(
If you had 4 billion animals on a single farm that would lock up that farm anyway. And trying to put them in sheds at 180 per shed would not work either because you can only have 1 of each type of shed on a farm.

Qivis
Jan 09 2014, 10:28 AM
WHY ?

Because we BEGGED to let people use our tools for over a year and no one said it was a bad idea in the suggestions thread. They just gave us what we wanted - a way to hire people without tools to use ours instead of taking more time trying to hire someone to do trees, flowers, and / or fish than it would take to do the work ourselves. And by the way, they have already said they are going to make it optional. So look for an additional update in the next few weeks that will do just that.

Qivis
Jan 09 2014, 10:33 AM
Speaking of delays....I am experiencing a delay with each thing I do in FT. This started yesterday after the release. I can work with it, but I thought I should let you know.

It may be a temporary server traffic issue as more people forget about their real lives for a while as they get lost in Farm Town to grab some new stuff! :D It seems to happen for at least 3 or 4 days after each update and is not really anything new. :cool: It's actually how a number of farmers figure out there's been an update to the game!

Ellsinore
Jan 09 2014, 10:51 AM
WHY ?

I don't usually read through the comments on the update threads, but did this morning to try to figure out the reason for the notation about adding the checkbox to prevent people using our tools -- why would anyone want to do that? I'm guessing this comment pretty much sums it up. LOL! Interestingly, I thought the tool thing was best part of this update.

I hardly ever hire anyone to work on my farms any more because it doesn't really help me at all, time-wise.

I like to hire people in the lower XP range because they're the ones who really need the help. Unfortunately, they also need tools to work my farms within a reasonable time frame. So what I end up with is people who go through and do the harvesting/plowing -- if they finish THAT at all -- and then I have to go back to clean up everything else, and then sow the crops. So I spend just as much time working my farms with a hire as I would if I just did it myself. So I rarely bother.

Just this weekend I hired someone to do "everything." They did half of the crop of the first farm, and nothing else. If you hire multiple people "just in case," they see that there are others already working the farm and leave.

The concept of hiring people to work farms is a great idea, but it's got so many flaws, it doesn't really work yet, even after all this time. I applaud the ability to use the owner's tools as an effort to fix the problem. I think it would help even more if the reward for doing the trees, etc., were greater. It just doesn't "pay" to do that work, so very few do.

I, personally, have no problem sharing the tools I paid good money for. When I could afford it, I bought tools for people who worked my farms regularly and did a good job, even though they didn't have them. Unfortunately, that's not an option for me anymore, so this is the next best thing. :-)

The polyester fiber thing, though, is a major fail. There's so much of it required already -- I think the Slashkey economists missed the mark on this one. :-D

Thank you, Devs, once again for a great update and for tirelessly trying to do the impossible "Make Everyone Happy" dance. :-)

HeavensAngel
Jan 09 2014, 11:11 AM
Everyone seems to be focusing on the use of tools thing, and it seems to me, that there is one thing that everyone has overlooked in this update.
A few updates ago, it was stated that all decorations were going to be changed and be made available for coins and the Farm Cash price tag was going to be removed. In the following update, we had an apology and it was stated that it could not be done. Now, surely this should've at least meant, that all future decorations, should and would be coin purchases only, so I am wondering why we are now being charged farm cash for clouds and mist??? Everyone understood, that maybe the changes couldn't be made, but the promise should've been carried forward on future new decs. This is not to mention the exorbitant price tag that has been put on them, as most people would want more than one on their farm. At these exorbitant prices, no one would be able to afford this. Perhaps this is something that needs to be looked at and put morally right, considering the broken promise in the past.

max_river
Jan 09 2014, 11:15 AM
thanks for the update. pls can you increase the produion of cynniman it is used for so much now and there has never been increased can you also think about making it that your friends can work

nijntje
Jan 09 2014, 11:20 AM
All tools must be in storage and NOT on any farms, otherwise this option will not work.

I know ... :rolleyes:

Taz D
Jan 09 2014, 11:24 AM
thanks for the update. pls can you increase the produion of cynniman it is used for so much now and there has never been increased can you also think about making it that your friends can work
Cinnamon is a workable facility.

KnightRider
Jan 09 2014, 11:39 AM
Because we BEGGED to let people use our tools for over a year and no one said it was a bad idea in the suggestions thread. They just gave us what we wanted - a way to hire people without tools to use ours instead of taking more time trying to hire someone to do trees, flowers, and / or fish than it would take to do the work ourselves. And by the way, they have already said they are going to make it optional. So look for an additional update in the next few weeks that will do just that.

I have never BEGGED for this change and since comments on suggestions is not allowed in the suggestion section, can't make comments there.

Where did the dev's say that this was going to be added to the game, it has never been in any of the release notes, I just went through July and there was no mention of this. The only mention was that maybe it would be added that the employee could use their coin tools, that I believe most people don't have a problem with, but being able to do more on the farm was one of the perks of owning the larger tools, now that perk has been taken away.

Larry Greenslate
Jan 09 2014, 12:16 PM
With this new release, and the ability to share the biggest tools available, we are only a few tantalizing clicks away from hiring out the last bane of Farm Town, the endless planting. Please, use my tools and make my fuel useable too, I'd be happy to ride, instead of being ridden by, my farm. Add check boxes, seed selectors and double the bonuses. Anything that shrinks the total number of clicks per day is a good idea.

Ellsinore
Jan 09 2014, 12:22 PM
Everyone seems to be focusing on the use of tools thing, and it seems to me, that there is one thing that everyone has overlooked in this update.
A few updates ago, it was stated that all decorations were going to be changed and be made available for coins and the Farm Cash price tag was going to be removed. In the following update, we had an apology and it was stated that it could not be done. Now, surely this should've at least meant, that all future decorations, should and would be coin purchases only, so I am wondering why we are now being charged farm cash for clouds and mist??? Everyone understood, that maybe the changes couldn't be made, but the promise should've been carried forward on future new decs. This is not to mention the exorbitant price tag that has been put on them, as most people would want more than one on their farm. At these exorbitant prices, no one would be able to afford this. Perhaps this is something that needs to be looked at and put morally right, considering the broken promise in the past.

Oh my! I hadn't looked at the cost because I tend not to pay real money for decorations. They are quite expensive, aren't they, for something that doesn't really do anything. Of course, there is always a group that can and will pay for these types of things, but I do agree with you that, while the fulfillment of the original promise may have been impossible, it is disappointing that the spirit that was intended seems to have been forgotten.

Considering the high cost of these items, I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the management meetings and get a peek at the financial statements. Do they need more paying customers -- and darn quickly, at that -- to finance all the farms that are being added, and the bandwidth/disk storage that's now required?

Liz White
Jan 09 2014, 01:01 PM
My time is valuable. I have better things to do with it than sit & watch someone 1,1,1'ing around my farm, one of which has 4,300+ flowers. I want to hire one time & have the work done, not have to re-hire because they quit, & they always do, crop turn around makes me money, sitting at the hiring place makes me nothing & wastes my time. I may go back to hiring now rather than just doing it myself. I have tons of gas & the best tools I can afford & am happy to help the new players. Yes I remember working my fingers to the bone to get ahead, but we had what? 4 farms? 8? & no layering. Now we have flowers & trees on top of layered crops, no wonder the new players quit. As far as incentive to spend money and buy; my sister bought the (then) largest harvest/plow tool & came to do my harvesting, I watched, & said "oh boy, I have to get one of those", & so will the new player, once he/she gets to a level that they can buy those things; but if we are not willing to help them advance then considering the "maze" our farms have become, they will never stick around long enough to advance & spend money. In short; my employees can use whatever of mine they need to get the job done thus benefiting both of us.

Eradani
Jan 09 2014, 01:29 PM
the default eye should be your default in the wrench menu. i truly am annoyed at the dim out default since i have hidden selected. and, btw, the house and eye are both really creepy looking ;) .

DO NOT let them use my flower waterer!!! ever!!! the white flower waterer screws up the time on my red (crop and flower time) waterer.

i don't mind that people can use my tools. the only downside of this i can see is that it may be harder to hire people if you don't have turbo tools once everyone becomes "addicted" to them.

thumbs up on the comment about a tutorial - quests for newbies. i also gave up on trying to tell people they could use my tools - especially the poor soul that couldn't understand she could use my turbo boat (which was the only reason i hired someone to fish).

my daughter and i haven't had any problems using employer's tools. i've hotbarred the 10x10 combine to check when hired. i have all FC tools (i've only tested using the combine). my daughter has only green coin tools and has been able to use employers tools for everything. our tools are all in storage.

JW2009
Jan 09 2014, 01:44 PM
I agree about making the eye automatically fully closed if you have that option already as Hidden under the wrench, I was surprised, I had to manually make it closed after it's set to be that way in my options. Thank you for allowing my employees use my tools when they work on my farms, I appreciate it and think it's fair. Thank you

lornagayle
Jan 09 2014, 02:06 PM
Hi, I like the fact workers can use my tools, was able to hire a neighbor to fish for the first time last night as she could use my turbo boat and enjoyed the experience, I am not happy with the dim out feature though , did some work through the market place for someone, my settings showed hidden, as I have always had it but it dimmed the trees, and when I clicked on the eye it only brought up the who farm with everything showing for me, I hope they are able to fix this glitch.

Taz D
Jan 09 2014, 02:16 PM
Hi, I like the fact workers can use my tools, was able to hire a neighbor to fish for the first time last night as she could use my turbo boat and enjoyed the experience, I am not happy with the dim out feature though , did some work through the market place for someone, my settings showed hidden, as I have always had it but it dimmed the trees, and when I clicked on the eye it only brought up the who farm with everything showing for me, I hope they are able to fix this glitch.
There are 3 stages for the eye. Off completely, dim and hidden. If you got the off state with one click then need to click it again to get to the dim and again for the hidden.

txgentlmn
Jan 09 2014, 03:40 PM
When are you going to fix the glitch about losing coins when harvesting on someone's farm? I will harvest sometimes at midnight to 130 am CST and i lose coins????? do you backup the system during that time or what, why do i keep losing coins during that time period????

max_river
Jan 09 2014, 05:03 PM
the idea about others using your tools i guess was a good idea for people but i find it is so slow i hired my wife and we found it to be so slow. i think i will just keep doing it myself it is so much faster

Taz D
Jan 09 2014, 05:13 PM
the idea about others using your tools i guess was a good idea for people but i find it is so slow i hired my wife and we found it to be so slow. i think i will just keep doing it myself it is so much faster
That could be the fact that the release is new so many people are on checking out all the new things. Should settle down in a couple days.

pippi123
Jan 09 2014, 05:20 PM
I do not think owners of the large tools who do not wish to share their tools will have ANY problems. I have offered and offered and offered today in the market, crickets. I FINALLY got one person to respond and got all the trees done, which was fantastic. Later today, tried to hire for a huge flower field, got someone who responded, get to the farm, 1x1. Again. Does not respond to mssg, private mssg, go to their farm leave a mssg, they just frantically work as much as they can, then left. I did get a neighbor to finish, usually I have to do it all myself.

I like this idea, but this will take FOREVER to catch on because most farmers just do not read the forums.

ccheney
Jan 09 2014, 05:24 PM
Many players don't come here so they won't know about the tool sharing. Maybe a pop up when you get hired explaining tool sharing would help?

JohnAlbertini
Jan 09 2014, 05:54 PM
"Also, you will be able to use any of the tools owned by your employer. Right now there is no quick way to determine if your employer owns a particular tool, you will have to click on it and you will see a message box if the tool is not owned by the employer. In future releases we will show only the tools available for use, owned by you or your employer. The fuel will come from the employee always."

This is only partly working. When I work for a neighbor I am able to use their 8x8 H/P Combine but when a neighbor works for me my 8x8 log truck, tree shaker, flower harvester & 5x5 boat, are not available to them. Why not? It seems that is what is implied by the above. t least that is how I read it.

Aussie Rae
Jan 09 2014, 05:57 PM
for people to be able to use our tools when working our farms....they must own at least the 3x3 harvester etc and HAVE PLENTY OF FUEL... seems if they don't...then they cannot use our tools...simple....

Taz D
Jan 09 2014, 06:11 PM
for people to be able to use our tools when working our farms....they must own at least the 3x3 harvester etc and HAVE PLENTY OF FUEL... seems if they don't...then they cannot use our tools...simple....
Yes they do need to have fuel but nothing has been stated about needing to own the 3x3 tools.

Taz D
Jan 09 2014, 06:13 PM
"Also, you will be able to use any of the tools owned by your employer. Right now there is no quick way to determine if your employer owns a particular tool, you will have to click on it and you will see a message box if the tool is not owned by the employer. In future releases we will show only the tools available for use, owned by you or your employer. The fuel will come from the employee always."

This is only partly working. When I work for a neighbor I am able to use their 8x8 H/P Combine but when a neighbor works for me my 8x8 log truck, tree shaker, flower harvester & 5x5 boat, are not available to them. Why not? It seems that is what is implied by the above. t least that is how I read it.
Did they open the extended toolbox and click on those tools? Do they have fuel as they have to provide their own fuel.

StoneFace
Jan 09 2014, 06:18 PM

just can't get good help these days huh?

:D

Jeanettes270
Jan 09 2014, 06:25 PM
thanks for the new updates Devs... but the bonus resetting's not yet been fixed as of this time..
i have someone working for me while i work for others.. the bonus been rest to 0 while it is on 21,000 already.. what more if i do a good paying crops.. glad it is only a bunch of flowers

I have had that happen without someone working on my farm. Have lost a lot of XP's and coins the last two week but yet I keep on clicking.

Jeanettes270
Jan 09 2014, 06:29 PM
I wish the update would come to where we get the bonus on neighbors and buddie's. Again another incentive Not to have nabors or buddies. Like letting hires not to buy tools.

preston_digitation
Jan 09 2014, 06:54 PM
so... on the herding robot, does it move animals from my storage (put there by my cattle car) to their respective buildings, or do i have to take them all out of storage first? i'd like to know before spending the fc

KnightRider
Jan 09 2014, 07:03 PM
so... on the herding robot, does it move animals from my storage (put there by my cattle car) to their respective buildings, or do i have to take them all out of storage first? i'd like to know before spending the fc

To move animals from your storage to their sheds you don't need anything, just go to the farm with the shed, go into your storage with the animal and click on move button which was added a couple of releases ago and it will move upto the 180 limit into the shed.

The way I read the notes for the herding robot is that it will move bulk animals from the farm to the shed, so if you would say purchase 100 sheep, you could use the herding robot to move those 100 sheep into the animal shed as long as you have room in the shed.

Digidacl
Jan 09 2014, 07:25 PM
What are coin tools?

KnightRider
Jan 09 2014, 07:29 PM
What are coin tools?

Those are the smaller tools that is purchased with coins. Below shows a picture of some coin tools and Farm Cash tools. The coin tools is in the black boxes.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1471746_680335088655411_14734739_n.jpg

EDIT: The oil pump is considered a tool, but it works like a factory and is put on the farm and loaded with products to be made.

anglnwhite
Jan 09 2014, 09:33 PM
Really, Devs? 25 and 20 FC for a spit of mist????? What the #&*@?????

Taz D
Jan 09 2014, 10:45 PM
I think I have figured out why allowing employee to use your tools works sometimes and not others. The key is the difference between single job hire and multiple job hire.
If you are hired for a single job then your tool shows in place of the Gift Box in the tool bar and you don't have access to the extended toolbox. If you are hired for multiple jobs then your tools are in the extended toolbox and you can open that.

Dbutrfli
Jan 09 2014, 10:48 PM
I am so happy to share my tools with my fellow farmers!!! It may help to make them want to buy them for themselves then they experience how great it is to work with the larger tools. I am sorry some people are complaining....you just can't please some people!!! Thank you Raul and the developers!!! :)

al_bundy
Jan 09 2014, 10:55 PM
I hired someone today that is a beginner

i have all the tools but when she selects them it says this tool only works on your own farm?

is there a level requirement for players to be able to use my tools?

al_bundy
Jan 09 2014, 10:57 PM
I think I have figured out why allowing employee to use your tools works sometimes and not others. The key is the difference between single job hire and multiple job hire.
If you are hired for a single job then your tool shows in place of the Gift Box in the tool bar and you don't have access to the extended toolbox. If you are hired for multiple jobs then your tools are in the extended toolbox and you can open that.

yes i found that but when i then hired the worker for all jobs when she tried to use my tools they say "this tool can only be used on your farm"

Taz D
Jan 09 2014, 11:11 PM
yes i found that but when i then hired the worker for all jobs when she tried to use my tools they say "this tool can only be used on your farm"
Sounds like something didn't update because even the coin tools can be used on others farms now too. Maybe she was clicking on the HPP combine instead of the HP one or on a bigger irrigator which they also can't use?

al_bundy
Jan 09 2014, 11:23 PM
Sounds like something didn't update because even the coin tools can be used on others farms now too. Maybe she was clicking on the HPP combine instead of the HP one or on a bigger irrigator which they also can't use?

its not allowing any tools at all get the same message for all

according to the release even the coin tools should be usable

Taz D
Jan 09 2014, 11:28 PM
its not allowing any tools at all get the same message for all

according to the release even the coin tools should be usable
Yes but they cannot plant for you or use the larger sprinklers. Only thing I can say would be for her to try clearing caches and reload. Could be her farms didn't update with the release.

al_bundy
Jan 09 2014, 11:30 PM
Yes but they cannot plant for you or use the larger sprinklers. Only thing I can say would be for her to try clearing caches and reload. Could be her farms didn't update with the release.

her pc was reloaded last night she is a brand new player

she is can not use any harvesters or plowers or anything only single tools

just says that this tool can only be used in her farm

al_bundy
Jan 09 2014, 11:35 PM
Maybe the player needs to be on a certain level as the new player is only on level 1

and most tools are locked

although the release thread does not mention any restrictions

Taz D
Jan 09 2014, 11:43 PM
Maybe the player needs to be on a certain level as the new player is only on level 1

and most tools are locked

although the release thread does not mention any restrictions
Yes because she has to have at least a harvester or seeder and access to fuel. Needs to be at least level 10.

al_bundy
Jan 09 2014, 11:44 PM
are ok good to know will let her know to get to work :)

KnightRider
Jan 09 2014, 11:47 PM
There are level requirements for the coin tools as shown below:

Harvesters:

Harvester (2x1) - Cost 15,000 coins - Level 10
Harvester (2x2) - Cost 30,000 coins - Level 16
Harvester (3x3) - Cost 500,000 coins - Level 44

Plows:

Plower (2X2)-Solar Powered - Cost 60,000 - Level 18
Plower (3x3)-Solar Powered - Cost 1,000,000 coins - Level 46

Tree Shaker (3x3) - Cost 1,250,000 - Level 50

Flower Harvester (3x3) - Cost 1,200,000 coins - Level 49

Log Truck With Chainsaw (3x3) - Cost 1,100,000 coins - Level 48

Fishing boat (2x2) - doesn't show a level requirement.

Someone mentioned in another post that to use the fuel station to fuel the tools, you would need to have a seeder or harvester, and since the harvester is the lowest level tool at level 10, and to get to level 10 is 2,000 xp. So once someone gets to level 10 they can purchase the lowest harvester and start using the fuel station, but one problem is they won't be able to start making fuel until they reach level 21 at which time they would unlock the Oil Pump and the Oil Refinery is 32 FC to make the fuel cans, so they can only get the fuel according to how many neighbors they have, the active neighbors (which is the same as how many neighbors), level, and any gifted fuel cans until they are able to get the Oil Pump and Oil Refinery.

shirl312
Jan 10 2014, 12:49 AM
Just think though, if they use your "good" tools, they should do a much better job on YOUR farm.

JW2009
Jan 10 2014, 01:02 AM
I totally agreeJust think though, if they use your "good" tools, they should do a much better job on YOUR farm.

maggiel29
Jan 10 2014, 02:21 AM
When I am in full screen mode I cannot get the icons for the menus in the top right hand corner to work - I have to minimise again. Also ALL the icons for pop up menus are very slow - the mouse over for the tool box (bottom right) doesnt always work and I have to actually click on the icon to open the expanded tool box.

theperfectnina
Jan 10 2014, 02:59 AM
Just think though, if they use your "good" tools, they should do a much better job on YOUR farm.

I agree totally, but it doesn't seem to work for most of who I am hiring. Oh well will keep trying

KnightRider
Jan 10 2014, 03:34 AM
I have noticed that when I hired my neighbor that they now had the check box to decide whether or not to let the employee use your tools.

Raenie
Jan 10 2014, 06:07 AM
Hi, I decided to try out the new harvesting features by going and working on other farms.

The game seems to be confused as to wheather I am working on my own farm, or someone elses.

It asked me to refuel, when I still had thousands in the tank.

It doesn't give me credit for work done, because it says there is more that needs to be done, but I can't find it. Tells me I can only use some tools on my farm?

----------------------------------------

The farmers I hired to work my farm, know nothing about my tools being available for them to use, and are very confused trying to find them, even though I tell them where to look!!!

Yikes .... (heeh) :confused:

maggiel29
Jan 10 2014, 06:42 AM
The Freight Train Sliding Car now delivers Polyester Textiles Rolls

Yay thanks Raul

Clockworx
Jan 10 2014, 07:23 AM
Raul thanks for fixing the Robot and the tools usage much appreciated

cannmartino
Jan 10 2014, 09:31 AM
You do have an option. When I hired someone to do my farm I have the box checked for them to use my tools. Just uncheck the box and they can't use your tools....

Qivis
Jan 10 2014, 10:37 AM
I agree totally, but it doesn't seem to work for most of who I am hiring. Oh well will keep trying

It probably works just fine. It's just that not all farmers understand where the tools are - even if you explain to them about the extended tool box. It did take me all of 15 seconds to understand even though I have been playing since we were stuck with one farm and less than 100 levels. :p And no, it's not that people are stupid. It's just that some people get some things and others understand other things. Sort of like my family - one of my brother's in law is nearly computer illiterate and the other 2 work with computers and even design printed circuit boards for a living! :D