PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- February 11th, 2014

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Feb 11 2014, 03:21 AM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last changes released at Feb 20th, 1:05PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game, this time around we dedicated a significant amount of time improving the experience for new users joining the game. Facebook featured Farmtown for a few days on the Game Center so we decided to take this opportunity to re-check the initial flow and polish anything that may have broken over the years. However, we think many of the fixes and improvements will benefit experienced users as well.

1. 10 new Valentine Items (released a few days ago): 4 as Gifts and 6 in the Store (top and bottom).

2. More Clouds and Natural Events: Rain, Snow, Lightning, Tornado and Cloudy are in Coins. Rainbows are in FC.

3. 38 x 38 Farm Expansions for farms 1 - 10: 30 FarmCash OR 20,000,000,000 coins

4. Production Adjustments:

a) 25% more production of Cotton Textile Roll, Sheep Textile Roll and LLama Textile Roll
b) 66% more production of Silk Textile Roll
c) 100% more production of Polyester Textile Roll
d) 50% less Polyester Fiber required to produce the Polyester Webbing Roll
e) Same increases have been applied to the Long Sliding-Door Train Car

5. Hiring Adjustments:

a) Chest Bonus double product rewards when working on fertilized farms
b) Increased rewards for harvesting and chopping trees, harvesting flowers and fishing. Coins earned by the employee depends on the sell price of the item being harvested, however crops are usually more expensive than tree produce, flowers and fish so to balance this you will get 100% of the sell price instead of the 25% you get from crops. Also, the extra product bonus you get in your storage will be increased to 50% for tree harvest/logs and flowers (same as fish) compared to 10% for crops. This increase will apply to the Chest Bonus as well.

6. Dimming non-relevant items is the default behavior when working your own farms (for users at level > 10):

a) The Eye Icon will be shown in the bottom right corner to control the visibility of the non-relevant items
b) Current 'Dim Preference' replaced by 'Eye icon only toggles between: *Dimmed and ON Or *Hidden and ON'. This option will reduce the Eye stages from 3 to 2.
c) Eye state remains the same when working solo or when hired
d) Dimming behavior for plow is now enabled for employees only

7. Excavator Tool (FC): This tool will allow you to sell in bulk all items present in a farm that match a particular item name or category. For protection, this tool will never work with any FarmCash items and also any Buildings, Trains, Tools or Facilities.

If you decide to sell, say, all your Water Items, it will never sell any FarmCash water items either.

You can use it on any field, plowed fields, growing crop fields, etc but it will always delete and not sell the fields.

8. Toolbox Changes: The Extended Toolbox was getting too complicated with too many modes of operation, we changed a few things:

a) There is no more one single Toolbox and one extended Toolbox, there is only one Toolbox now. All the tools are now either on the main panel interface or in the Toolbox.
b) No more Harvest or Plow vertical tool bars either
c) The Toolbox will modify the tools visibility based on context. For example, if you are on your farm, all the tools that you do not own or can't use will appear in gray, this is to make it easier for newbies to focus on only the tools available and not get too confused with so many tools on the early stages. If you are on another farm then only the tools available for you to use will be available, the rest will be dimmed down and disabled.
d) Some tools were re-arranged so all single tools are on the lower row making it easier for new users. The Manure Spreader is on the Farming Tools section, above the watering related tools. The tools that modify the farm status somehow (search, edit, etc) are now grouped on the same column. The passive tools like Your Belts, Farm Stats are also on their own column. And lastly the active tools like managers are on the last column.
e) One significant change also related to the tools is that when you are hired the most effective tool will be already pre-selected for you for the job at hand. Same thing happens when you try to navigate to another farm and there is still work missing, we automatically select the best tool for the work that is missing.
d) If the Toolbox shows up unintentionally when you hover your mouse over the Toolbox icon, you can quickly close it by clicking on the white X. Based on the feedback on this thread we may decide to add a 'Preference Option' that will require you to click on the Toolbox icon to show the Toolbox. It will be an extra click every time but it will never show up by mistake.

9. More Fuel when refueling at the gas station: This helps everybody but newbies may get the most benefit now that they can use their employers big tools when available.

a) The 'Neighbours' counter now grants 20 fuels instead of 10 for each neighbour
b) The 'Active Neighbours' counter now grants 20 fuels instead of 10 for each active neighbour
c) The 'Friends Helped' counter was replaced by the 'Help Given' counter. This is the change that will give you the opportunity to collect the most fuel, before we only considered the simple quests when visiting others as 'help', now we consider pretty much everything, from working for other friends to boosting their trains, in fact, it is calculated the same way as the 'Help Given' counter in the main neighbour bar and in the neighbour page, the only difference is that this counter is reset everyday.

10. General Improvements and bug fixes:

a) Chest Bonus will not reset anymore when you are working for others and you also have workers working at your farm
b) When using Hire Multiple for crops and tree chop (and nothing else), the trees went back to grown after a refresh, not anymore
c) If you hired back your employer for trees or flowers there was a chance that your employer will not get any Chest Bonus
d) For some users, going to the Invite tab redirects to main page or got stuck loading the page, this is now fixed
e) If you are not hired, we removed the "Would you like to go home" confirmation message when clicking the Home icon
f) Less spooky Eye Icons

11. Improvements and bug fixes impacting mainly New Users:

a) Better Organizing Trees, Buildings and Facilities Store categories
b) More XP and Coins when performing simple quests when visiting other farms (from 6 XP and 50 coins to 30 XP and 300 coins)
c) When farming we are not showing anymore warning messages when you click on grass or on items that are pending (with progress bar)
d) Progress Bar completes much faster for smaller tools
e) When using single (1x1) tools, sometimes the Chest Bonus message referred to missing crops when really there were no crops, it now refers to plant as a more general term to avoid confusion
f) The arrows in the tutorials for fish, chop, watering, etc now points to the correct icon and is accurate in full screen as well
g) More than 20 additional corrections and clarifications for new users

12. Optical Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Optical Supplies.

Eyeglasses
Eyeglasses Case
Lens Saline Solution
Lens Cleaning Cloth
Eye Chart
Trial Lens Frame
Pupil Distance Ruler
Optical Toolkit

13. Winter Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Winter Clothing and Accessories.

Winter Hat
Trapper Hat
Winter Earmuffs
Winter Gloves
Sweater
Coat
Winter Socks
Winter Underwear

14. Winter Store (Coins): Provides Winter Clothing Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Winter Supplies Factory.

15. Eye Clinic (FC): Provides Eye Health Services and can be stocked with products from the Optical Supplies Factory.

Some Quest updates coming on the next release, it should allow you to earn 1-2 farm cash a week.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - Feb 14th, 1:00AM EST

- When hired to harvest trees or flowers, chop trees or fish you will now get 100% of the selling price of the item you are working on, also, the extra product bonus that goes into your storage have increased to 50% for trees (fruits and logs) and flowers (fish were already at 50%), it means that if you harvest 100 apple trees, chop another 100 bamboo trees and harvest another 100 roses, you will receive approximately 50 apples, 50 bamboo logs and 50 roses in your storage as well.

*All the benefits above also apply to the Chest Bonus as well*

This make the work on trees, flowers and fish more rewarding than working on crops.

- We reduced the sensitivity of the Toolbox icon to show the Toolbox, now it waits about half a second to
show the Toolbox, this will minimize the Toolbox showing unintentionally. Notice you can always click on the Toolbox icon to show it immediately if you want.

Post Release Updates - Feb 18th, 5:10AM EST

- Excavator Tool to Sell items in Bulk is now live, see details on the main post above

Post Release Updates - Feb 20th, 1:00AM EST

- Second fix for the missing Gift Box in the main panel
- The Eye in the bottom right and the Eye preference option now applies the same when in your farm and when hired
- The X over the Toolbox icon never goes away unless the Toolbox is closed, less flickering

Post Release Updates - Feb 20th, 1:05PM EST

- For some reason an old version of the game was released minutes ago, it's now fixed
- Fixed bug of flash player crashing

Known Issues:

- None

al_bundy
Feb 11 2014, 03:23 AM
Thanks Raul :)

debraeagles
Feb 11 2014, 03:31 AM
thank you Raul :D

boduke66
Feb 11 2014, 03:44 AM
since the update,i am getting a white x across the extended toolbar button,and the tools i dont have are now greyed out,is this part of the new update?

dave1949
Feb 11 2014, 03:45 AM
Hi Raul, look forward to contents of next update. I have major issue, which as been going on for the last 2 updates, when loading facilities, game gets very slow, and crashes at end when I try to go to another farm. Caches clear. I use Google Chrome and on WF1 mainframe.

ncgirl05
Feb 11 2014, 03:51 AM
No issues so far - looking forward to reading the updates.

kahra01
Feb 11 2014, 03:54 AM
Thanks so much Raul :D

Draka
Feb 11 2014, 03:58 AM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game, we will post the details in a couple of hours, please report any issues in the meantime.

Thanks

--Raul

since update, have a heck of time pulling tools out of tool box, tool box won't stay open.

Draka
Feb 11 2014, 03:59 AM
since update, have a heck of time pulling tools out of tool box, tool box won't stay open.

nannajina
Feb 11 2014, 04:23 AM
thank you all very much and why do people complain just be thankful we have the game and enjoy it I,ll wait and see what new stuff I get in time good luck every one and tyvm

harrywhitmore@comcast.net
Feb 11 2014, 04:24 AM
Thanks for all updates , you continue to amaze me , question: When are you going to bring on farm 21, i am still having fun

Deanna J. Lloyd
Feb 11 2014, 04:27 AM
Don't know what else this update will bring, but the weather is FABULOUS!! Thanks for adding even more fun into the mix!!

JeanieBeanie2
Feb 11 2014, 04:34 AM
since the update,i am getting a white x across the extended toolbar button,and the tools i dont have are now greyed out,is this part of the new update?

Me too....I'm using Google Chrome....Main Frame WF37....Windows 8

BraveStarr
Feb 11 2014, 04:36 AM
Thanks for all updates

al_bundy
Feb 11 2014, 04:44 AM
Me too....I'm using Google Chrome....Main Frame WF37....Windows 8

The white cross is to close the extended tool box

theperfectnina
Feb 11 2014, 04:55 AM

yes that is part of the upgrade

JeanieBeanie2
Feb 11 2014, 05:00 AM
The white cross is to close the extended tool box

My tool box was not staying open long enough for me to click on any of the tools...that seems to have already been corrected...

mac16129
Feb 11 2014, 05:04 AM
Right on nannajina....does get a little tiresome. Thanks to Raul and the fine developers!

JW2009
Feb 11 2014, 05:32 AM
Thanks Raul and the Dev Team, Time to go see the new stuff :)

servocrow
Feb 11 2014, 05:52 AM
Intrigued!! Thanks for the update, checking out goodies now!!

rjohn726
Feb 11 2014, 05:59 AM
thanks looks good so far

rjohn726
Feb 11 2014, 06:05 AM
Well the two bulldozers on the top of that list are both black, when one should be purple and the other should be brown. I have neither, however that may be what you want us to see anyway, as there are others of the same color that I also don't have

FarmerWitch
Feb 11 2014, 06:10 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!! Off to investigate!

HelenJS22
Feb 11 2014, 06:24 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for Production Adjustments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS RAUL :)

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_fPtYvWVj6-YDf6uwfHn12AixWiFh4eOy41HFaZcUHHW-19EfMw

ps: and rainbows and weather of all sorts :)

al_bundy
Feb 11 2014, 06:25 AM
awesome just need to up the production of the mines :)

or even a option to boost them :)

FarmerWitch
Feb 11 2014, 06:26 AM

a) 25% more production of Cotton Textile Roll, Sheep Textile Roll and LLama Textile Roll

Thank you! This is so welcome!

tolpos
Feb 11 2014, 06:26 AM
Thank you Raoul!!!

mrsdont
Feb 11 2014, 06:28 AM
need a large increase on production of this as we can never get enough maybe a 40/50%

iceberg
Feb 11 2014, 06:29 AM
Tks for new Releases, please Raul can I have another farm as n 21

brenda steele
Feb 11 2014, 06:31 AM
Why 50% less polyester fiber we need more not lesss

Vicky Vine
Feb 11 2014, 06:32 AM
Great update :D:D:D:D:D

Rob T
Feb 11 2014, 06:36 AM

Hi, Raul said 50% less required.. meaning what you have will last twice as long

pelicn
Feb 11 2014, 06:40 AM
Thanks so much Raul and co!

crafty chris
Feb 11 2014, 06:41 AM
thanks off to get the new goodies :)

Jean's Farm
Feb 11 2014, 06:43 AM
Thanks so much Raul and company. I knew you were doing this last night. I couldn't stay connected to the main frame!!!!! But I was happy not to. Great update. Thanks for fixing the tool box.

I'm sorry people don't take the time to read the release notes in the first post of this thread. It would make the devs and the mods so happy if you all would read it.

Thanks again Raul!!!! :) :D :) :D

Qivis
Feb 11 2014, 06:44 AM
Thank you kind sir! I'm glad to see you took the survey answers to heart with this upgrade too. :)

mrsdont
Feb 11 2014, 06:58 AM
need a large increase on production of this as we can never get enough maybe a 40/50%

Dutch85
Feb 11 2014, 07:02 AM
Wow Raul you devs have been very busy! Awesome update! Thank you so much!!!

theperfectnina
Feb 11 2014, 07:06 AM
Well the two bulldozers on the top of that list are both black, when one should be purple and the other should be brown. I have neither, however that may be what you want us to see anyway, as there are others of the same color that I also don't have

The toolbox now shows all tools. The ones you OWN are in colour the ones you DON'T OWN are now greyish black. Something to aim for lol

thunders storm
Feb 11 2014, 07:16 AM
Thank you :) more power Raul and team..

brendensmile
Feb 11 2014, 07:17 AM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game, this time around we dedicated a significant amount of time improving the experience for new users joining the game. Facebook featured Farmtown for a few days on the Game Center so we decided to take this opportunity to re-check the initial flow and polish anything that may have broken over the years. However, we think many of the fixes and improvements will benefit experienced users as well.

1. 10 new Valentine Items (released a few days ago): 4 as Gifts and 6 in the Store (top and bottom).

2. More Clouds and Natural Events: Rain, Snow, Lightning, Tornado and Cloudy are in Coins. Rainbows are in FC.

3. 38 x 38 Farm Expansions for farms 1 - 10: 30 FarmCash OR 20,000,000,000 coins

5. Hiring Adjustments:

b) Increased rewards for harvesting and chopping trees, harvesting flowers and fishing [Coming in 1-2 days]. Coins earned by the employee depends on the sell price of the item being harvested, however crops are usually more expensive than tree produce, flowers and fish so to balance this you will get 100% of the sell price instead of the 25% you get from crops. Also, the extra product bonus you get in your storage will be increased to 50% for tree harvest/logs and flowers (same as fish) compared to 10% for crops. This increase will apply to the Chest Bonus as well.

6. Dimming non-relevant items is the default behavior when working your own farms (for users at level > 10):

a) The Eye Icon will be shown in the bottom right corner to control the visibility of the non-relevant items
b) Current 'Dim Preference' replaced by 'Eye icon only toggles between: *Dimmed and ON Or *Hidden and ON'. This option will reduce the Eye stages from 3 to 2.
c) Eye state is always remembered when working in your farms (when hired, it is still defaulted to dimming)

7. Selling Robot/Tool (FC) [Coming in a few days]: This tool (or tools) will allow you to sell in bulk all items present in a farm that match a particular item name or category. For protection, this tool will never work with farm cash items.

8. Toolbox Changes: The Extended Toolbox was getting too complicated with too many modes of operation, we changed a few things:

a) There is no more one single Toolbox and one extended Toolbox, there is only one Toolbox now. All the tools are now either on the main panel interface or in the Toolbox.
c) The Toolbox will modify the tools visibility based on context. For example, if you are on your farm, all the tools that you do not own or can't use will appear in gray, this is to make it easier for newbies to focus on only the tools available and not get too confused with so many tools on the early stages. If you are on another farm then only the tools available for you to use will be available, the rest will be dimmed down and disabled.
d) Some tools were re-arranged so all single tools are on the lower row making it easier for new users. The Manure Spreader is on the Farming Tools section, above the watering related tools. The tools that modify the farm status somehow (search, edit, etc) are now grouped on the same column. The passive tools like Your Belts, Farm Stats are also on their own column. And lastly the active tools like managers are on the last column.
e) One significant change also related to the tools is that when you are hired the most effective tool will be already pre-selected for you for the job at hand. Same thing happens when you try to navigate to another farm and there is still work missing, we automatically select the best tool for the work that is missing.
d) If the Toolbox shows up unintentionally when you hover your mouse over the Toolbox icon, you can quickly close it by clicking on the white X. Based on the feedback on this thread we may decide to add a 'Preference Option' that will require you to click on the Toolbox icon to show the Toolbox. It will be an extra click every time but it will never show up by mistake.

9. More Fuel when refueling at the gas station: This helps everybody but newbies may get the most benefit now that they can use their employers big tools when available.

a) The 'Neighbours' counter now grants 20 fuels instead of 10 for each neighbour
b) The 'Active Neighbours' counter now grants 20 fuels instead of 10 for each active neighbour
c) The 'Friends Helped' counter was replaced by the 'Help Given' counter. This is the change that will give you the opportunity to collect the most fuel, before we only considered the simple quests when visiting others as 'help', now we consider pretty much everything, from working for other friends to boosting their trains, in fact, it is calculated the same way as the 'Help Given' counter in the main neighbour bar and in the neighbour page, the only difference is that this counter is reset everyday.

a) Chest Bonus will not reset anymore when you are working for others and you also have workers working at your farm
b) When using Hire Multiple for crops and tree chop (and nothing else), the trees went back to grown after a refresh, not anymore
c) If you hired back your employer for trees or flowers there was a chance that your employer will not get any Chest Bonus
d) For some users, going to the Invite tab redirects to main page or got stuck loading the page, this is now fixed
e) If you are not hired, we removed the "Would you like to go home" confirmation message when clicking the Home icon
f) Less spooky Eye Icons

b) More XP and Coins when performing simple quests when visiting other farms (from 6 XP and 50 coins to 30 XP and 300 coins)
c) When farming we are not showing anymore warning messages when you click on grass or on items that are pending (with progress bar)
e) When using single (1x1) tools, sometimes the Chest Bonus message referred to missing crops when really there were no crops, it now refers to plant as a more general term to avoid confusion
f) The arrows in the tutorials for fish, chop, watering, etc now points to the correct icon and is accurate in full screen as well

Eyeglasses
Eyeglasses Case
Lens Saline Solution
Lens Cleaning Cloth
Eye Chart
Trial Lens Frame
Pupil Distance Ruler
Optical Toolkit

Winter Hat
Trapper Hat
Winter Earmuffs
Winter Gloves
Sweater
Coat
Winter Socks
Winter Underwear

14. The Winter Store (FC): Provides Winter Clothing Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Winter Supplies Factory.

15. Eye Clinic (Coins): Provides Eye Health Services and can be stocked with products from the Optical Supplies Factory.

Some Quest updates coming on the next release, it should allow you to earn 1-2 farm cash a week.

Enjoy!

--Raul

:) Thank you very much

theperfectnina
Feb 11 2014, 07:18 AM
The update is not what I was expecting, which is a good thing, thank you Raul ---------- I can't wait for the Rainbows to come out, even if it to just look at them each time I go into the store ha ha

Farmer Chilly
Feb 11 2014, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the post.........You all do an awesome job....

bjyhey3
Feb 11 2014, 07:21 AM
Great update...Thank You

dianedrayson
Feb 11 2014, 07:27 AM
Thank you for the increased silk rolls production! That will be a great help.

Is there any way that bamboo production can be increased now that we have 17 items that use bamboo? I know this won't be a simple fix as it does not go through a facility. Could you perhaps decrease the amount of bamboo needed for each product? There is a limit to how many trees I can fit on my farms.

Your improvements in this release are very logical and will make things easier for everyday use. They may look like tiny changes, but I can imagine the amount of work it must have all taken. Thank you.

dorissau
Feb 11 2014, 07:30 AM
Well thanks for many of the fixes, but I'd like to get rid of that eyelid/eyeball on my farm. Don't like that ... not even one tiny bit !!!!

FCM
Feb 11 2014, 07:32 AM
Thanks Raul. One major bug that people have is the loss of items and ingredients from storage. I lost a huge amount of multiple items (sugar, silver nuggets, hotdogs, chicken, crude, etc.)

Aussie Rae
Feb 11 2014, 07:40 AM

Aussie Rae
Feb 11 2014, 07:42 AM
Thank you! the new decorations are beautiful...and that news re the next update and fc for quests may entice me to start a quest farm again and resume doing the quests...I gave up ages ago, lol

Farmer Chilly
Feb 11 2014, 07:43 AM
Hi There,

5. Hiring Adjustments:

b) Increased rewards for harvesting and chopping trees, harvesting flowers and fishing [Coming in 1-2 days]. Coins earned by the employee depends on the sell price of the item being harvested, however crops are usually more expensive than tree produce, flowers and fish so to balance this you will get 100% of the sell price instead of the 25% you get from crops. Also, the extra product bonus you get in your storage will be increased to 50% for tree harvest/logs and flowers (same as fish) compared to 10% for crops. This increase will apply to the Chest Bonus as well.

c) Eye state is always remembered when working in your farms (when hired, it is still defaulted to dimming)

7. Selling Robot/Tool (FC) [Coming in a few days]: This tool (or tools) will allow you to sell in bulk all items present in a farm that match a particular item name or category. For protection, this tool will never work with farm cash items.

f) Less spooky Eye Icons

Eyeglasses
Eyeglasses Case
Lens Saline Solution
Lens Cleaning Cloth
Eye Chart
Trial Lens Frame
Pupil Distance Ruler
Optical Toolkit

Winter Hat
Trapper Hat
Winter Earmuffs
Winter Gloves
Sweater
Coat
Winter Socks
Winter Underwear

14. The Winter Store (FC): Provides Winter Clothing Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Winter Supplies Factory.

15. Eye Clinic (Coins): Provides Eye Health Services and can be stocked with products from the Optical Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul
I have no Winter Store in my facilities...Also the Eye Clinic and the Optical Factory are in FC....Winter supply factory is in coins not FC.....

L.A.Bob
Feb 11 2014, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the update. I was going crazy waiting for them. Thanks for the return to sanity, and giving me my Farm Town fix for this month.

pelicn
Feb 11 2014, 07:50 AM
The new Winter Store is large enough to cover the Open button in the Facility Manager

MIRIAM DEL VALLE
Feb 11 2014, 07:50 AM
Thanks .....
Thank you very much, we are on more

Farmer_Susan
Feb 11 2014, 08:12 AM
<< Some Quest updates coming on the next release, it should allow you to earn 1-2 farm cash a week.

AWESOME!!! I had stopped doing the Quests just because I was spending waaay too much time here. Looks like I'm gonna have to start again! LOL

weedville
Feb 11 2014, 08:34 AM
thanks for the update, great job with the rain and natural decor

knolan
Feb 11 2014, 08:35 AM
Which section can I find the weather items? If I type in 1 item in the search box, it doesn't tell me what section I'm in, and I would like to view all of the weather items, but don't know where to look.

KnightRider
Feb 11 2014, 08:37 AM

Eyeglasses
Eyeglasses Case
Lens Saline Solution
Lens Cleaning Cloth
Eye Chart
Trial Lens Frame
Pupil Distance Ruler
Optical Toolkit

Winter Hat
Trapper Hat
Winter Earmuffs
Winter Gloves
Sweater
Coat
Winter Socks
Winter Underwear

--Raul

According to the store the Winter Store is coin and the Eye Clinic is FC, numbers 14 and 15 just need changed.

KnightRider
Feb 11 2014, 08:40 AM
Which section can I find the weather items? If I type in 1 item in the search box, it doesn't tell me what section I'm in, and I would like to view all of the weather items, but don't know where to look.

If you are talking about the clouds and mist items they are in the farm decor tab, about a quarter of the way down.

wellsy6
Feb 11 2014, 08:41 AM
Hi There,

5. Hiring Adjustments:

f) Less spooky Eye Icons

Eyeglasses
Eyeglasses Case
Lens Saline Solution
Lens Cleaning Cloth
Eye Chart
Trial Lens Frame
Pupil Distance Ruler
Optical Toolkit

Winter Hat
Trapper Hat
Winter Earmuffs
Winter Gloves
Sweater
Coat
Winter Socks
Winter Underwear

Enjoy!

--Raul

When will we see farm 21?

susiefry
Feb 11 2014, 08:42 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE all the new weather stuff, so makes decorating farms fun especially all the stormy ones for my haunted farm and cant wait for the rainbows tomorrow. Awesome release but if i have to say a negative point at all, it'd be with all the new cool weather stuff to decorate with, wish i had farm 21 to work with :( Was hoping that was in this release :(

wellsy6
Feb 11 2014, 08:42 AM
Looks good! When will we see Farm 21? So many of my friends, including myself need it bad!

romesz
Feb 11 2014, 08:44 AM
Thank You :)

I think 38X38 is a little too much.

KnightRider
Feb 11 2014, 08:44 AM
Looks good! When will we see Farm 21? So many of my friends, including myself need it bad!

Only the developers know if there will be a farm 21 and if so, when they will be bringing it out and they don't tell anyone, will just have to wait and see if there is a new farm in the next release.

StoneFace
Feb 11 2014, 08:46 AM
When will we see farm 21?

soon perhaps....

Raul might have a sense of humor in providing the Optical Supplies Factory and the Eye Clinic, to prepare us to "see" farm 21.

My guess... the next release could include the announcement of farm 21 and more levels which will come in the release following the next release.

:eek:

maclean47
Feb 11 2014, 08:58 AM
TY Everything is great but how about Farm 21 please . I don't need 38 x 38 more farms please .
TY

preston_digitation
Feb 11 2014, 08:58 AM
i like the update, but i think it was rather unfair to make one of each new facs coin, and the other needed fac farm cash. i think it was better when u picked all of one set as coin, and all of one set as farm cash, that way farmers could at least get one of the new sets of facs. this way, why bother with the coin ones, when i HAVE to have farm cash to get the service fac i need for it? NOT COOL, IMO. now i cant get either one, beicause the srvc fac is in FC, or on the other set, the fac to load is in FC. either way, folks that can't afford FC are screwed.

preston_digitation
Feb 11 2014, 08:59 AM
I have no Winter Store in my facilities...Also the Eye Clinic and the Optical Factory are in FC....Winter supply factory is in coins not FC.....

sorry, just now saw this, i was reading up on the release before looking at the farm, if this is the case, then i withdraw my one n only complaint.

preston_digitation
Feb 11 2014, 09:05 AM
ok, i do have one fuss, still... why is it the very first bonus that you get when you enter your farm is NEVER able to be posted???? i just got a back belt for poly roll, and i clicked on share, and POOF, its gone.

MANHCTFL
Feb 11 2014, 09:07 AM
What is with the creepy eye looking at me instead of a home button or house? It's not my favorite "update"......The rest of this release is fine.

Danuta
Feb 11 2014, 09:14 AM
Can anyone explain why my tools do not work on stopped working on other farms? Did you change it? I am not going to buy the tools for each farm, I would like to have some answers. Thank you

JohnAlbertini
Feb 11 2014, 09:15 AM

Eyeglasses
Eyeglasses Case
Lens Saline Solution
Lens Cleaning Cloth
Eye Chart
Trial Lens Frame
Pupil Distance Ruler
Optical Toolkit

Winter Hat
Trapper Hat
Winter Earmuffs
Winter Gloves
Sweater
Coat
Winter Socks
Winter Underwear

Enjoy!

--Raul[/QUOTE]

Think this is a typo or it is backwards: Why is Winter Factory coins but Winter Store FC and Eye Factory FC but Eye Store coins?

preston_digitation
Feb 11 2014, 09:15 AM
did i miss reading the part about FC for quests? someone mentioned it but i do not see it. if someone could let me know, thanks!!

preston_digitation
Feb 11 2014, 09:17 AM

Eyeglasses
Eyeglasses Case
Lens Saline Solution
Lens Cleaning Cloth
Eye Chart
Trial Lens Frame
Pupil Distance Ruler
Optical Toolkit

Winter Hat
Trapper Hat
Winter Earmuffs
Winter Gloves
Sweater
Coat
Winter Socks
Winter Underwear

Enjoy!

--Raul

Think this is a typo or it is backwards: Why is Winter Factory coins but Winter Store FC and Eye Factory FC but Eye Store coins?[/QUOTE]

John, its a typo, i just bought the winter store, and the winter store supply fac, both in coins. that was my original complaint too, but they are both in coins. one complete set in FC, one complete set in coins, as they usually do. ;-)

beeflady
Feb 11 2014, 09:18 AM
Ok, with the new set up, I can't use my tools on all farms. What is the solution?

Pesto Farmer
Feb 11 2014, 09:24 AM
ty for the increase in silk production - much needed:)

Danuta
Feb 11 2014, 09:25 AM
Ok, with the new set up, I can't use my tools on all farms. What is the solution?

Same here and I am not going to play FT if it does not change shortly, FT is the only game I play...
yes I did clear cache:))

JohnAlbertini
Feb 11 2014, 09:30 AM
When will us long-term players get what WE need - FC?!

25 every 3 months is not near enough!!!!

35 EVERY update wouldn't even be enough but would be throwing us a bone at least. Then we could buy SOMETHING! There are so many tools, facilities, etc. and 100 FC a year is a pittance. Just upgrading from the 6x H/P combine to the 8x H/P combine requires 100 FC which takes a whole YEAR to earn.

JohnAlbertini
Feb 11 2014, 09:31 AM
did i miss reading the part about FC for quests? someone mentioned it but i do not see it. if someone could let me know, thanks!!
We were told that YEARS ago and it has never happened!

Rob T
Feb 11 2014, 09:38 AM

What do you mean you can't use your tools on all farms? what happens when you try?

Farmgirl_Su
Feb 11 2014, 09:50 AM
Thank you!!!

Farmdreamer
Feb 11 2014, 09:55 AM
Thank you so much Love love love the new weather items :-)

Berle
Feb 11 2014, 09:55 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for Production Adjustments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS RAUL :)

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_fPtYvWVj6-YDf6uwfHn12AixWiFh4eOy41HFaZcUHHW-19EfMw

ps: and rainbows and weather of all sorts :)

Oh yes, I am also doing a happy dance.

One thing I noticed which I am very pleased about. The winter store is for coins, not FC. Polyester increase is wonderful.

Danuta
Feb 11 2014, 09:57 AM
I click the tool on my main farm and go to the next to do , but it tells me to go to the store to buy one. I have option of 4 squares only, my tools are 25 squares. I know you did not ask me, but we have the same situation

Rob T
Feb 11 2014, 10:01 AM
I click the tool on my main farm and go to the next to do , but it tells me to go to the store to buy one. I have option of 4 squares only, my tools are 25 squares. I know you did not ask me, but we have the same situation

your tools really should be in storage, that way they work on all farms. If you still wish to have them on the farm, keep your FC one in storage, and buy duplicates for the farms, those would only be coins :)

the button is marked duplicate if you own it already, be sure to reload your farm after putting it in storage

Danuta
Feb 11 2014, 10:12 AM
I will try thank you :)

Rob T
Feb 11 2014, 10:12 AM
I will try thank you :)

you're welcome

Eradani
Feb 11 2014, 10:25 AM
nice update!

ok, i do have one fuss, still... why is it the very first bonus that you get when you enter your farm is NEVER able to be posted???? i just got a back belt for poly roll, and i clicked on share, and POOF, its gone.

yes... this /\

We just released a new version of the game, this time around we dedicated a significant amount of time improving the experience for new users joining the game.Good! It's so hard trying to teach ALL of them when you have no idea what they know.

3. 38 x 38 Farm Expansions for farms 1 - 10: 30 FarmCash OR 20,000,000,000 coinsToo Big Already.

4. Production Adjustments:YAY!! especially on the silk

5. Hiring Adjustments:Good. Makes it worth your time to do other stuff beside h/p in the marketplace.

c) Eye state is always remembered when working in your farms (when hired, it is still defaulted to dimming)Boo! Plz can we get our at home default to be our working default. I don't ever ever ever want dimmed as reflected in my choosing Hidden in Preferences.

8. Toolbox Changes: The Extended Toolbox was getting too complicated with too many modes of operation, we changed a few thingsc) The Toolbox will modify the tools visibility based on context. For example, if you are on your farm, all the tools that you do not own or can't use will appear in gray, this is to make it easier for newbies to focus on only the tools available and not get too confused with so many tools on the early stages. If you are on another farm then only the tools available for you to use will be available, the rest will be dimmed down and disabled.the 2 white combines, white plow, white harvester, and white seeder aren't greyed out. also, the white mobile sprinkler now looks greyed out.

d) Some tools were re-arranged so all single tools are on the lower row making it easier for new users. The Manure Spreader is on the Farming Tools section, above the watering related tools. The tools that modify the farm status somehow (search, edit, etc) are now grouped on the same column. The passive tools like Your Belts, Farm Stats are also on their own column. And lastly the active tools like managers are on the last column.just imo, but i don't like the watering column being separate or the tree / flower tools still in one column. also don't like the Hands not at the bottom of a column. played around a bit in paint and can't really figure out a "sure winner" so...

Based on the feedback on this thread we may decide to add a 'Preference Option' that will require you to click on the Toolbox icon to show the Toolbox. It will be an extra click every time but it will never show up by mistake.Yes plz. I'm always tripping over the toolbox. don't really think the X for closing will work as i'll probably just trip over it immediately following closing it, hehe.

the only difference is that this counter is reset everyday.good! newbies are always running out of fuel. hope this helps them. But could you reset the counter weekly? I think a daily reset will just rob newbies of all of this bonus.

Some Quest updates coming on the next release, it should allow you to earn 1-2 farm cash a week.YaY!!!! just got back into quests and this would be great! thx so much.

JW2009
Feb 11 2014, 10:26 AM
Hi, Is anyone else's Winter Store this HUGE ?
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1794526_742126795798434_1819527964_n.jpg

Jeanettes270
Feb 11 2014, 10:50 AM
I love the new tool update so far. Hated having to click each farm or wondering what tool. But I love the game and clicked each time anyway, this is so much easier. Tool Box does close but I finally get the tool I need. Only happens if you need to get in it lol.

Tygered
Feb 11 2014, 10:51 AM
I super love the eye icon. It helps me go much faster with harvesting trees or cutting wood. I like the way that finished trees also dim out, so I can catch the ones missed. Really a great update. Looking forward to earning more farm cash.

gffarmer
Feb 11 2014, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the update!! Off I go to see the new items!! Great job!

Sheepy47
Feb 11 2014, 11:07 AM
In my utility store the winter store and winter supplies can both be purchased with farm coins and the optical factory and eye clinic can be both bought with farm cash. But in the release notes the winter store is purchased in farm cash and the eye clinic purchased in farm coins. There appears to be a discrepancy here. What is right. I have purchased the two winter items.

lollipopthebunny
Feb 11 2014, 11:20 AM
everyone needs to read the UPDATE from Raul so you know what was done an not have to ask in here.

Thanks for the new updates, haven't tested anything yet but did notice the changes.

Bratuski
Feb 11 2014, 11:23 AM
Thank you for the new release....much appreciated :)

KnightRider
Feb 11 2014, 11:30 AM
Hi, Is anyone else's Winter Store this HUGE ?
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1794526_742126795798434_1819527964_n.jpg

It is when I go into the facility manager with it set to service facilities.

ty_gereye
Feb 11 2014, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the info and for the silk/textiles increase in production!!! I did notice that when I clicked on home while at a neighbors farm the box question if I wanted to go home doesn't come up. Folks, be aware of it and while working farms use your mouse to keep the work away from the home icon until this is addressed. Love farmtown been playing since 2009!

Sheepy47
Feb 11 2014, 11:37 AM
Lollipopthe bunny! I made a mistake asking on the forum, I am sure I am not the first and will certainly not be the last.

Rob T
Feb 11 2014, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the info and for the silk/textiles increase in production!!! I did notice that when I clicked on home while at a neighbors farm the box question if I wanted to go home doesn't come up. Folks, be aware of it and while working farms use your mouse to keep the work away from the home icon until this is addressed. Love farmtown been playing since 2009!

Hi, If you're hired the home button is still there, it's only removed if you aren't hired

DianeCK
Feb 11 2014, 11:42 AM
The Winter store in the store manager is sitting on the OPEN key, all others are fine.. just thought you should know.. thanks for the updates and new stores... i believe i am linked to you so if you need to take a look at it... thanks again D

Sheepy47
Feb 11 2014, 11:44 AM
Sorry dont know what you mean by open store. Can you explain please

Sooner Sue
Feb 11 2014, 11:48 AM
The release message posted shows the eye clinic is suppose to be coins, but it is showing FC to buy it, would be nice if the Optic factory was the coins and the eye clinic was FC that way we have something to work toward since not all of us can afford to buy FC...thanks for the updates.:)

Sheepy47
Feb 11 2014, 11:57 AM
It was a mistake, go to your store and all will be ok. I at first thought the same. I posted a query on here an hour ago, and got a snotty reply from someone who told me to read the update properly!!!!

DaisyDuke81
Feb 11 2014, 12:02 PM
I hired someone to harvest. They couldn't claim bonus until they plowed. They weren't hired to plow but still were able to.

DianeCK
Feb 11 2014, 12:04 PM
The Winter store in the store manager is sitting on the OPEN key, all others are fine.. just thought you should know.. thanks for the updates and new stores... i believe i am linked to you so if you need to take a look at it... thanks again D

In the Facility manager The new Store The winter store is placed on the OPEN Key the blue open key... a friend told me that the new eye store is also sitting on the BLUE OPEN KEY. just thought i would tell you they are not lined up or sitting where they should be placed.. thanks..

KnightRider
Feb 11 2014, 12:13 PM
In the Facility manager The new Store The winter store is placed on the OPEN Key the blue open key... a friend told me that the new eye store is also sitting on the BLUE OPEN KEY. just thought i would tell you they are not lined up or sitting where they should be placed.. thanks..

I couldn't figure out what you meant by key, now I understand you are saying that the Winter Store is larger than normal and it blocks the blue open button at the bottom of the Winter Store square which is located to the blue start all button. It makes it harder to click on the open button with the icon blocking it.

Taz D
Feb 11 2014, 12:24 PM
If you just click in the box it will open the facility. You don't have to hit the open button directly. They will fix that in a couple days I am sure.

DianeCK
Feb 11 2014, 12:26 PM
I couldn't figure out what you meant by key, now I understand you are saying that the Winter Store is larger than normal and it blocks the blue open button at the bottom of the Winter Store square which is located to the blue start all button. It makes it harder to click on the open button with the icon blocking it.

yes... it is not that it is larger its placed lower... covering the blue open key button ... i can still click on it... sometimes it is hard to explain.. thank you

Steve Kay
Feb 11 2014, 12:31 PM
Great release! You folks really continue to improve the game.

Is is safe to assume that there will be no new farm before the next month's release?

Steve

RFMad
Feb 11 2014, 12:58 PM
I bought the eye clinic for $30 FC not the coins - Can I get my FC back?

KnightRider
Feb 11 2014, 01:13 PM
I bought the eye clinic for $30 FC not the coins - Can I get my FC back?

The eye clinic is suppose to be FC along with the Optical supplies factory.

RFMad
Feb 11 2014, 01:51 PM
Thanks, Knight Rider - but in reading the update, it says that the the Winter Supplies is supposed to be coins, and the Eye Clinic is supposed to be coins. The Optical Supplies Factory is FC and the Winter Store is FC.
In the Store on my farm, it is showing both new Winter facilities as coin and the Eye/Optical as FC.
Just saying that it's not correct. And I guess I'm even if one of each is coins/FC :)

MIRIAM DEL VALLE
Feb 11 2014, 02:04 PM
I love the new release, I'm really happy,
is little to say thanks
I look forward to the next with renewed missions, quest

Taz D
Feb 11 2014, 02:14 PM
Thanks, Knight Rider - but in reading the update, it says that the the Winter Supplies is supposed to be coins, and the Eye Clinic is supposed to be coins. The Optical Supplies Factory is FC and the Winter Store is FC.
In the Store on my farm, it is showing both new Winter facilities as coin and the Eye/Optical as FC.
Just saying that it's not correct. And I guess I'm even if one of each is coins/FC :)
It is a mistake in the release notes. The store is correct. The optical ones are FC and the Winter ones are for coins.

writerkat
Feb 11 2014, 02:16 PM
You are AWESOME!!!!

LoreneC
Feb 11 2014, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the new clouds and rainbows. Off to do some decorating
;)

Rainelogan
Feb 11 2014, 02:52 PM
when you hire someone to harvest only, the combine tool comes up and unless they plow too they lose their bonus.

if you plow stacked farms you don't get the xp (it gets taken off you once you leave) and you also don't get any percentage of crops from that farm. the farmer also doesn't get as many crops if he allows combines to be used on stacked farms.

i know you don't cater to those who layer and/or stack their farms but ... what if i want to save my plowing for a friend or neighbour? hmm? lol

hurican
Feb 11 2014, 03:10 PM
As of now ...... the production increases in the textile mills have not taken affect.

Texas Belle
Feb 11 2014, 03:28 PM
Love the increase of the textiles and the fiber.. great one, maybe now we can fill our facilities without having to beg so much.. Thanks Raul & Co., you guys rock… keep 'em coming...

Taz D
Feb 11 2014, 03:31 PM
As of now ...... the production increases in the textile mills have not taken affect.
The production has changed in the textile mill. The change has been to increase the number per batch made.

Eradani
Feb 11 2014, 03:38 PM
i got hired to Shake and Chop. i had previously set the eye to hidden.

on the 1st farm, when i got there, i had the chainsaw activated but ALL the trees showed up when i got there

on subsequent farms, correctly, only the chopping trees showed up when i got there and had chainsaw activated.

Lance75231
Feb 11 2014, 03:39 PM
thanks for the updates

Texas Belle
Feb 11 2014, 03:51 PM
Can we take the eye out of the screen and put it back on the tool box? It's kind of bothersome and inconvenient to have that eye there, I liked it when it was hidden in the tool box…another pet peeve.. the little cloud that comes up when you are using the combine telling you that the crop is ready to harvest and how much time for the other to grow.. we know that, that is why we are doing it, do we need that message right there on the tip of our pointer? that and the avatar are right there and have to trick them into going someplace else so that I can do what I have to do, we dance the cha-cha-cha a lot and surely wastes my time..
other than that, I'm a happy camper… thanks

JacqV
Feb 11 2014, 03:53 PM
Thank you all!!!!!

GarrettHillBabe
Feb 11 2014, 04:34 PM
Guessing I should come here when encountering a new thing such as the X on tool box and eye showing on my farms, LOL
Terrific update Raul, thank you so much for helping our newbies....which is also helping us all. :)

Now to see the new items and what they need for production, :)

My anticipation is now a farm 21! I don't layer my crops so in desperate need of more farms to be able to grow my wheat, tomatoes, rice, and cotton on 2 farms for each! Oh ya, I sure need more farms. The billions of coins needed to enlarge (which I really hate doing as it slows my game down too much) I'll never have those coins! LOL am lucky to have even 20 billion now....BUT I sure LOVE ♥ Love this game!
Thank you so much Raul!

max_river
Feb 11 2014, 04:47 PM
thanks for update. i guess i will be on my farm instead of doing my home work..lol thanks again..

MBon
Feb 11 2014, 05:08 PM
totally awesome as always! thank you!

al_bundy
Feb 11 2014, 05:13 PM
one problem i have is there is a delay in harvesting crops the worker harvests the crop refresh farm the crop is back and eventually disapeares

JW2009
Feb 11 2014, 05:29 PM
It's like this for every settings, the Winter Store is just too big LOLIt is when I go into the facility manager with it set to service facilities.

Debbie55
Feb 11 2014, 05:45 PM
I realize you can't please all people....but I never thought the eye was "creepy"...I liked it. It was a beautiful blue eye with long luscious lashes...Now a blah brown eye. Just putting in my opinion...because I thought the eye was an excellent idea. And it still astounds me that people found it 'creepy" or whatever other word was being used. I also questioned other farmers that were neighbors and ones that I worked for if the eye 'bothered' them and all said "no" and that they like it.

Debbie55
Feb 11 2014, 05:48 PM
Forgot to thank the devs for making this game a joy to play. Thank you so much for your hard work. When a new update comes out and there are glitches...I don't get too upset as I know that it takes time and patience to get things to work right. If only you guys/gals were providing our internet...that constantly goes out.... :P

Taz D
Feb 11 2014, 05:54 PM
It's like this for every settings, the Winter Store is just too big LOL
Yes. Raul will fix it later.

ImajeanB
Feb 11 2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks Raul and other staff! I really like the way the dim out is now! You always amaze me what you do give us to make farming more fun!

TwylahSkye
Feb 11 2014, 06:17 PM
Problems working friends' facilities... the game allows me to work one farm, and then it says I've already worked everything and I can go no further. When I post my own facilities, my friends are getting messages that they have already worked them, too. This started after the latest update today.

Taz D
Feb 11 2014, 06:25 PM
Problems working friends' facilities... the game allows me to work one farm, and then it says I've already worked everything and I can go no further. When I post my own facilities, my friends are getting messages that they have already worked them, too. This started after the latest update today.
It may be that you and they are trying to work them too soon. The Show Times clock in the tool box will show when you are allowed to work them again. In your case the one farm may have had the new facilities on it which you would be able to work since they were new.

Docperk
Feb 11 2014, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the update, looks like there is a lot of good stuff in this release. Looking forward to checking it out.

Docperk
Feb 11 2014, 07:13 PM
This has probably been reported but just in case it has not, when checking out the new facilities clicking the ? and seeing what it takes to make the item and then clicking on the back arrow on some items I get just a white screen and have to close the window and reopen.

gffarmer
Feb 11 2014, 07:26 PM
It is so nice the way the tools show up when working other farms! Also love the weather effects! Great update!!

Petuniaflower
Feb 11 2014, 07:36 PM
WELL NO FARM 21 :rolleyes: BUT a neighbor and I had a Fun Day playing with clouds.Expanded 10 farms. A Tip.if you are one to expand when offered,don't put trees completely around your farms :eek: I felt like doing a lot of bulldozing.But all in all A Great Day..Thank You Raul and Dev's

TexasQuilter
Feb 11 2014, 07:48 PM
WELL NO FARM 21 :rolleyes: BUT a neighbor and I had a Fun Day playing with clouds.Expanded 10 farms. A Tip.if you are one to expand when offered,don't put trees completely around your farms :eek: I felt like doing a lot of bulldozing.But all in all A Great Day..Thank You Raul and Dev's

Yes, we had fun playing with clouds,,,,, I love the rain cloud with a bolt of lightning added to the cloud,,,,, very realistic-looking.

Very nice release this time with all the improvements.

Sure hope we get farm 21. I have plans already swirling through my brain cells regarding farm 21. ( hint hint ),,,,,, Well, maybe not a mere hint,,,, more like a "down on my knees and begging" plea !!!! :D:D:D

Valdoe
Feb 11 2014, 08:29 PM
While the updates are great, I have the feeling things are getting worse.

I went to the facility manager, it took for ever to open and when I clicked on store all and start all and load all .. it takes forever to complete.

I have done the usual clean cache etc but did not improve things.

I feel the game is outgrown itself.

I think devs should be working in the background on Farmtown2 and add maybe some variables eg weather conditions that may govern that amount of crops harvest. eg when conditions right.. maybe 40% crop increase or maybe over watering or fertilising may decrease crops by 5% etc.

But generally I feel the game maybe easier and faster to do things but at the same time causing the game to be slower in other ways.

I always using facility manager two or 3 times a day... the extra time taking to do things is now making it not enjoyable.

Also to upgrade farms is becoming ridicules as a solo farmer and time spent farming it now going to take weeks to upgrade past 28x28.

Yes I know some will say complaints complaints.. No it not a complaint just letting Raul and devs how the game is progressing. Sorry to say farmers are outgrowing the updates,

Rugged Barbie
Feb 11 2014, 08:42 PM
Great update, thank you, Devs!
Best upgrade is the promotion of Taz and Marymarcel to Moderator status! :)

Question: When I have the facility manager up and do an ingredients list required to fill all the factories, under the Blue Hyacinth, it shows
(1 owned) 1290 stored
Does this mean 1 factory owned that required the Blue Hyacinth or I own 1 Blue Hyacinth and have more in storage. I can't find another ingredient that shows this type of reveal.

Still need more Leather and Kaolin Clay please :p

Taz D
Feb 11 2014, 08:47 PM
Great update, thank you, Devs!
Best upgrade is the promotion of Taz and Marymarcel to Moderator status! :)

Question: When I have the facility manager up and do an ingredients list required to fill all the factories, under the Blue Hyacinth, it shows
(1 owned) 1290 stored
Does this mean 1 factory owned that required the Blue Hyacinth or I own 1 Blue Hyacinth and have more in storage. I can't find another ingredient that shows this type of reveal.

Still need more Leather and Kaolin Clay please :p
The first number in black is the amount needed to fill for any products the need that item. The second number in red would be any you are short of. For example 1324 (243). If you mouse over the item that will tell you how many you have in storage.

csmcm
Feb 11 2014, 08:49 PM
Love, love, love it all!! TY,Raul... the proportional raises for the textile group is the clearest winner and much much needed! So glad for developers who LISTEN! :)

theperfectnina
Feb 11 2014, 08:49 PM
I had no idea and even had to go back and read the update for information about the promotion of Taz and Marymarcel to Moderator status, couldn't find it lol

But am very happy about the promotion, well done!!! :):):)

Rugged Barbie
Feb 11 2014, 09:13 PM
The first number in black is the amount needed to fill for any products the need that item. The second number in red would be any you are short of. For example 1324 (243). If you mouse over the item that will tell you how many you have in storage.

Yes, you're right for all the ingredients except the Blue Hyacinth.
Mouse over it says 'this run requires 1082 x Blue Hyacinth (1 owned) and with mouse over the flower it says (1 owned). Honest!

Of course, I did a run after I first reported it and now I'm in the red.

xxx

Taz D
Feb 11 2014, 09:15 PM
Mouse over it says 'this run requires 1082 x Blue Hyacinth (1 owned) and with mouse over the flower it says (1 owned). Honest!

xxx
I can't check because I don't do the flowers for the flower shop.

c.abell
Feb 11 2014, 09:35 PM
The icon for the Winter Store is too big to fit in the appropriate Facility Manager window. Thank you.

anglnwhite
Feb 11 2014, 10:03 PM
Wow. Your team has been busy. :D

Thank you, thank you for the beautiful coin weather items. I can't wait to see what the rainbow looks like on the farm ... def worth the FC!

I sincerely hope that the changes are appealing to newbies and help to retain their interest in the game. Your effort to streamline the gameplay is very much appreciated.

Keep up the great work!

KnightRider
Feb 11 2014, 10:31 PM

xxx

Did the (1 owned) 1290 stored show up at the same time, I have the flower shop and have been trying to see what you see, but everything I try I don't get the same results. Usually the (1 owned) is what you see when you hover your mouse over the factory, in this case the flower shop and the 1290 stored is what you get when you hover your mouse over the flower. If you could next time it shows up get a screen shot of it and post here.

thgirblp
Feb 11 2014, 10:33 PM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game

Enjoy!

--Raul

Thanks Raul!! Any news on another farm by any chance? I'm getting crowded! LoL

bayoubes
Feb 11 2014, 10:35 PM
Question regarding the dimming. I always had my preference at dim. The eye icon works went I work my hubby's farm. I just went back to work my farm, the eye icon is not there when I pick up my plow tool and I couldn't get it to dim. Went to preference and still have it set to dim. What am I doing wrong with the new update for the dimming. Please help, driving me crazy, lol
Just went back, picked up the chop tool, works for it. Is it just don't work for the plow tool and is that the way it's suppose to be? Thanks in advance.

Taz D
Feb 11 2014, 10:41 PM
Question regarding the dimming. I always had my preference at dim. The eye icon works went I work my hubby's farm. I just went back to work my farm, the eye icon is not there when I pick up my plow tool and I couldn't get it to dim. Went to preference and still have it set to dim. What am I doing wrong with the new update for the dimming. Please help, driving me crazy, lol
The dimming for plowing is only for when you are hired to work on other farms, not for your own farms.

KnightRider
Feb 11 2014, 10:43 PM
Thanks Raul!! Any news on another farm by any chance? I'm getting crowded! LoL

Won't know anything about a new farm until the next release comes out some time in March 2014. Only the developers know when and if a new farm will come out and they don't tell anyone. Will just have to be patient.

bayoubes
Feb 11 2014, 10:46 PM
The dimming for plowing is only for when you are hired to work on other farms, not for your own farms.

Thanks, Taz for answering. That's a bummer, guess I will have to just hide then. Sure wish it would dim with the plow tool like it does for the rest of the tools. Guess maybe I should take a trip to the Suggestion section, lol

Kara Thrace
Feb 12 2014, 12:05 AM
awesome update thanks so much

peekachoo
Feb 12 2014, 12:37 AM
Not sure if this is just me ( although I have cleared the memcache), but the little red gift box is misbehaving.

Not only is it appearing in the brown area of the toolbox, but it's also outside of the box,in the green area above the list of who's sent me gifts. I have been to other areas of my farm and it's always there. Just thought you should know.

Taz D
Feb 12 2014, 12:42 AM
Not sure if this is just me ( although I have cleared the memcache), but the little red gift box is misbehaving.

Not only is it appearing in the brown area of the toolbox, but it's also outside of the box,in the green area above the list of who's sent me gifts. I have been to other areas of my farm and it's always there. Just thought you should know.
Try right clicking on your farm and choose Show All. Then restart your farms.

peekachoo
Feb 12 2014, 12:49 AM
Try right clicking on your farm and choose Show All. Then restart your farms.

If I click " show all " it disappears, but then I reboot the game and it's back again .

GarrettHillBabe
Feb 12 2014, 03:00 AM
Raul I LOVE the new update, TYVM!!!
Am saving one of my farms for a possible, maybe soon? SUPER RABBIT hutch, LOL.
Sure do need one badly now with the new Winter factory taking so much fleece, my poor rabbits (have 180 on 19 farms) can't keep up with the need for me to shear them so often. Poor little guys are freezing these days since it's been in single digits here in Missouri. My poor babies I better make some warm pet clothing for them like my Yorkies have to wear to go potty....LOL Can you imagine what a little white bunny will look like wearing a dogie sweater? :D

Seriously the thought that you all put into the buildings, factories, stores is outrageously great! Can't bear to place them too tight to others, I love looking at the detail Thank you all so much for the thought and artistic detail put into these buildings. :) Thank you once again for a terrific update AND thank you too for making it so my workers can use my tools, makes it so much easier for my newbie neighbors to build XP and get some crops too and at same time not have sore hands from having to click so often....Makes it easier on them and me too since now able to hire more newbies to work. :)

nijntje
Feb 12 2014, 05:15 AM
Ty for the new glitches and bugs :)
oh sorry for the new release ... .
communication box and message does not work any more after you have used a full screen. So no longer "ty for the job" possible. Send message while doing facs and services on your friends farms does not work either. Gain some time as I do not have to send a "TY" :p
speed ... well I give up to say that this is terrible. yes yes cach and bla bla bla is OK.
no longer possible to consult questbox if you are on an other farm.
I try not to "abandon ship" ... . "Great game" but I start to wonder more and more if I continue.
Mieke

Qivis
Feb 12 2014, 06:23 AM
communication box and message does not work any more after you have used a full screen. So no longer "ty for the job" possible. Send message while doing facs and services on your friends farms does not work either. Gain some time as I do not have to send a "TY" :p
speed ... well I give up to say that this is terrible. yes yes cach and bla bla bla is OK.
I try not to "abandon ship" ... . "Great game" but I start to wonder more and more if I continue.
Mieke

My neighbor mentioned the issue via Facebook I.M. and I went to her farm before I read her message because the first thing she does in the morning is ask if I'm available to harvest for her. As soon as she joined me on her farm, the box appeared. So perhaps they've changed things so it does not appear unless there are two farmers on the same farm! It does make some sense since often times one will be trying to go to a neighbor's farm and then another person goes to his or hers and the box has to be closed manually.

ggranmum
Feb 12 2014, 06:24 AM
Has anyone mentioned the growth of crops of is off. I planted beets and it shows 4 hr growth and irrigated shows 2 hrs. It is a 2 hr crop to begin with so hope it is something the are working on.

nijntje
Feb 12 2014, 06:48 AM
My neighbor mentioned the issue via Facebook I.M. and I went to her farm before I read her message because the first thing she does in the morning is ask if I'm available to harvest for her. As soon as she joined me on her farm, the box appeared. So perhaps they've changed things so it does not appear unless there are two farmers on the same farm! It does make some sense since often times one will be trying to go to a neighbor's farm and then another person goes to his or hers and the box has to be closed manually.

:) no I have no communication-box coming back when I go from full screen to "window-screen", was already that way before the last update, but now I cannot send an message either (the little sheet on the bottom disappear). My neighbor has the same issue, if she is on or off her farm where I am, makes no difference. :eek:

Rob T
Feb 12 2014, 06:49 AM
Has anyone mentioned the growth of crops of is off. I planted beets and it shows 4 hr growth and irrigated shows 2 hrs. It is a 2 hr crop to begin with so hope it is something the are working on.

Hi, Beets is a 4 hour crop, so it's correct, it's never been 2 hours

HelenJS22
Feb 12 2014, 06:56 AM
Raul I LOVE the new update, TYVM!!!
Am saving one of my farms for a possible, maybe soon? SUPER RABBIT hutch, LOL.
Sure do need one badly now with the new Winter factory taking so much fleece, my poor rabbits (have 180 on 19 farms) can't keep up with the need for me to shear them so often. Poor little guys are freezing these days since it's been in single digits here in Missouri. My poor babies I better make some warm pet clothing for them like my Yorkies have to wear to go potty....LOL Can you imagine what a little white bunny will look like wearing a dogie sweater? :D

Seriously the thought that you all put into the buildings, factories, stores is outrageously great! Can't bear to place them too tight to others, I love looking at the detail Thank you all so much for the thought and artistic detail put into these buildings. :) Thank you once again for a terrific update AND thank you too for making it so my workers can use my tools, makes it so much easier for my newbie neighbors to build XP and get some crops too and at same time not have sore hands from having to click so often....Makes it easier on them and me too since now able to hire more newbies to work. :)

http://www.marketingdonut.co.uk/sites/default/files/likethumb_249x167.png

ggranmum
Feb 12 2014, 07:06 AM
Hi, Beets is a 4 hour crop, so it's correct, it's never been 2 hours

Thanks. It must be my mind that is off.
And I know I grew beets the other day and irrigated them and I know they grew in and hour. Must have been off that day. LOL. Funny things happen.

EveningAllTim
Feb 12 2014, 07:27 AM
...seeing messages about the FT Chat note icon missing when being hired is evident on my vision of the game also, but appears as it should when normally visiting the farm. Assume this is being looked into. The eye icon is still not working evidently and still see clouded ghosting whether I have eye on dimmed or hidden? actually sometimes its better when on dimmed but would expect it better on hidden? Understand you are working on this?

WF39, https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1343912884&farm_ix=0
Apple iMac OS X Maverick, Safari browser user, all updated!

Dael Carter
Feb 12 2014, 07:51 AM
Since the new update I am unable to harvest any flowers. Help!
:(

tattoed princess
Feb 12 2014, 08:15 AM
i cant leave any notes for a person when i am hired at their farm, now it seems like i am being rude cause i cant leave a thank you note :/

Jean's Farm
Feb 12 2014, 08:28 AM
Noticing a problem. The night before the release, I kept timing out. The plug would flash green/red. I would finally have to leave the farm...sign out of FB....close my browser and restart it. Then things would be fine for a little and it would do it again.

Yesterday after the release I had no problems to speak of. Today it's starting all over again. I can't get in unless I shut down and come back. I worked a friends facilities and then went to do her referrals and the third farm I went to it froze on me again.

Don't know if its FT or FB. I don't have any problems with my other game. :) Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Oh and I got a ErrorXlink in one of the boxes that popped up.

gillc
Feb 12 2014, 08:45 AM
i cant leave any notes for a person when i am hired at their farm, now it seems like i am being rude cause i cant leave a thank you note :/

I have just noticed that too. what do we do ?

mrsdont
Feb 12 2014, 08:53 AM
keep getting error xo25 why?

Taz D
Feb 12 2014, 08:56 AM
keep getting error xo25 why?
Try all the suggestions in the first post of the following thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393882
If you are still having problems post a reply in that thread.

1fritz
Feb 12 2014, 09:32 AM
Thanks Raul, Like the farm expansions and new weather items.

Thanks for keeping thing fresh.

Fritz :D:D

TexasStar
Feb 12 2014, 10:37 AM
"If the Toolbox shows up unintentionally when you hover your mouse over the Toolbox icon, you can quickly close it by clicking on the white X. Based on the feedback on this thread we may decide to add a 'Preference Option' that will require you to click on the Toolbox icon to show the Toolbox. It will be an extra click every time but it will never show up by mistake."

I would enjoy the preference option! I seem to get the toolbox opening by mistake a lot when moving around. I got used to clicking on the tool box to open it and cannot seem to break the habit but with the white x I end up closing it when I am trying to open it :) This is not the games fault, but the Preference to click would be very much appreciated!

I noticed this morning that when I first go to a farm to work facilities the info. in the lower corner is showing (Farmer's Name etc. and note paper) but as soon as I click in the popup box that I want to work the facilities those things disappear.

Rugged Barbie
Feb 12 2014, 11:05 AM
Did the (1 owned) 1290 stored show up at the same time, I have the flower shop and have been trying to see what you see, but everything I try I don't get the same results. Usually the (1 owned) is what you see when you hover your mouse over the factory, in this case the flower shop and the 1290 stored is what you get when you hover your mouse over the flower. If you could next time it shows up get a screen shot of it and post here.

This is with mouse over the flower and with mouse over ingredients needed

TeaFaerie
Feb 12 2014, 11:08 AM
i appreciate the update and love the new design but can't get into my quest box gives me an error and reloads

KnightRider
Feb 12 2014, 11:19 AM
This is with mouse over the flower and with mouse over ingredients needed

I have never seen that before. Some data could bad and need to be cleared on the FT servers, have you tried to clear the FT memcache. The Farm Town memcache is different than your computers cache, this is Farm Town’s cache on their server, sometimes the cache on their server gets bad data or data that doesn't let new data be stored and needs to be cleared. It only needs to be cleared when you are having problems.

Click the link in my signature below and you will see a list saying unsetting, this is normal, once the page loads it is done and all you need to do is close that page and your farm if it is open, then clear your browser cache, cookies, and history and close it. Then sign back in and you are ready to go.

I doubt if this would make a difference, but you could try to use a different browser to see if the same thing happens, it could be that when that browser had a download that it is not showing data correctly, if it shows different on another browser then you know it could be the browser you was using.

amazinggrace1
Feb 12 2014, 12:15 PM
NO longer have the option to send notes to farmers. Mailbox only.

Orx
Feb 12 2014, 12:33 PM
Thanks Raul and Devs for the update it made my day

Taz D
Feb 12 2014, 01:13 PM
The issues with the message box and the tools has been reported to the developers.

brendensmile
Feb 12 2014, 01:35 PM

Beet are a 4 hr crop, only 2 hour if watered

earlgray
Feb 12 2014, 03:38 PM

Woohoo!!! That's certainly something to look forward to!!!

Scarlet
Feb 12 2014, 04:17 PM
Not being able to send a message to say thanks to those I have worked for feels really rude. I hope this is fixed soon!

Missy Lou
Feb 12 2014, 04:51 PM
note box to leave msg not showing. any suggestions

KnightRider
Feb 12 2014, 05:29 PM
note box to leave msg not showing. any suggestions

As stated above by Taz, the developers have been notified about the problem.

gramme65
Feb 12 2014, 06:20 PM
Hi Raul,
Great update so far. I have seen one problem, when I work my neighbors facilities or service facilities the Message box show up when I arrive at the first farm and then disappears after I have worked the facility so I am not able to leave a message!
Thanks for all the great work to this game

Texas Belle
Feb 12 2014, 06:47 PM
...seeing messages about the FT Chat note icon missing when being hired is evident on my vision of the game also, but appears as it should when normally visiting the farm. Assume this is being looked into. The eye icon is still not working evidently and still see clouded ghosting whether I have eye on dimmed or hidden? actually sometimes its better when on dimmed but would expect it better on hidden? Understand you are working on this?

WF39, https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1343912884&farm_ix=0
Apple iMac OS X Maverick, Safari browser user, all updated!

HI, I see you have an IMac OS X the same as mine, and I have a question, how do you take a screen shot on your Mac? I have to take one and for the life of me can't find the book and don't know how to do it… thanks

Shellgirlmtl
Feb 12 2014, 08:37 PM
HI, I see you have an IMac OS X the same as mine, and I have a question, how do you take a screen shot on your Mac? I have to take one and for the life of me can't find the book and don't know how to do it… thanks

I have an iMac... to take a screen shot press the keys Command, Shift & the key 4 at the same time and you'll see your cursor arrow turn into something like a cross in a circle and from there you can outline what you want (like when you are cropping a photo)... the minute you let go of your mouse it takes the shot and save it on your desktop... I hope I explained that properly...

Taz D
Feb 12 2014, 08:43 PM
Raul has posted an update:
Post Release Updates - Feb 12th, 7:30PM EST

- The info in the lower left corner (including messaging support) is back when working for others
- If you have your tools on the farm, and you select one tool and start working, if you navigate to another farm that tool should remain active and you should be able to continue to use it even when the actual tool is not present on that second farm

Tom C
Feb 12 2014, 08:48 PM
Has anyone noticed that the game has gotten slower since the update, it takes for ever to go from one farm to the next?

lsbrock
Feb 12 2014, 08:57 PM
i love the dimming feature but when i use my tools it only does one item at a time (harvest 1 flower, one fruit tree, chop one tree). is there a fix for this? if not i want the old way back.

RoyalGranny
Feb 12 2014, 09:07 PM
One of my Farm Town neighbors is having the problem with the Gift Box not showing up. If she collects a gift from her request page, then she can open the Gift Box and store the gifts, but when she closes the Gift Box again, it disappears and she can't get it back open unless she collects another gift. Hopefully you are aware of this problem and will be able to fix it.

Taz D
Feb 12 2014, 09:13 PM
i love the dimming feature but when i use my tools it only does one item at a time (harvest 1 flower, one fruit tree, chop one tree). is there a fix for this? if not i want the old way back.
The dimming tool has nothing to do with the harvesting. Are you sure you have fuel for your tools? If not then you will only harvest 1 item at a time.

RFMad
Feb 12 2014, 10:05 PM
I have a suggestion for the tool box, I'd like to have the watering tools moved to the top since they are used more often than the fertilizer tool. Other than that, I think it's a great update. Thank you so much! (still hoping for a tool to harvest /chop all trees and flowers!)

KnightRider
Feb 12 2014, 10:10 PM
I have a suggestion for the tool box, I'd like to have the watering tools moved to the top since they are used more often than the fertilizer tool. Other than that, I think it's a great update. Thank you so much! (still hoping for a tool to harvest /chop all trees and flowers!)

It would be best if you put your suggestion in the suggestion section so the developers can see your suggestion, you can't start a new thread, this way they can keep the suggestion section easier to read, but you can put it in the thread that is closest to what you are suggesting and if you don't see one that is close, you can put it in the thread My idea doesn't have a thread.

RFMad
Feb 12 2014, 11:04 PM
Thanks, I did that now :)

beverduster
Feb 12 2014, 11:08 PM
t y 4 the update

mduby
Feb 13 2014, 01:54 AM
Thanks Raul!! Love all the updates.

maggiel29
Feb 13 2014, 02:23 AM

I would prefer this - at the moment my toolbox takes ages to open with a mouse over and if I click on it the white cross makes it close before I can even select a tool. When I DO get the toolbox open its ages to select a tool - most of the time the mouse over highlight doesnt work either.

Having said that thanks for the update and the new weather items

nijntje
Feb 13 2014, 03:40 AM
Mieke

ty for the corrections. All working again now, even the questbox.:cool:
Mieke

StoneFace
Feb 13 2014, 06:13 AM
Has anyone noticed that the game has gotten slower since the update, it takes for ever to go from one farm to the next?

just a guess.... but I think that the increased player activity, that follows a release, would have something to do with it. .... more traffic on each server.

KnightRider
Feb 13 2014, 06:36 AM

I would prefer this - at the moment my toolbox takes ages to open with a mouse over and if I click on it the white cross makes it close before I can even select a tool. When I DO get the toolbox open its ages to select a tool - most of the time the mouse over highlight doesnt work either.

Having said that thanks for the update and the new weather items

I have noticed that sometimes when I hover my mouse over a tool or something and there is no highlight when I click my tool it still picks up that tool, next time you need a tool try clicking on the tool even though the tool hasn't been highlighted.

marwahr55
Feb 13 2014, 06:49 AM
I bought another rabbit hutch and filled it with white rabbits. Since this update, it is not registering so I can harvest the rabbits - not by clicking on it individually on the farm, nor within the harvest tool for harvesting animals. Anyone else having this problem?

brendensmile
Feb 13 2014, 08:09 AM
I do NOT like the new format for the toolbox. It pops up at the drop of a hat, gets in the way and in my point of view is NOT user friendly at all. Please consider going back to the old format.

Qivis
Feb 13 2014, 08:43 AM
Thanks. It must be my mind that is off.
And I know I grew beets the other day and irrigated them and I know they grew in and hour. Must have been off that day. LOL. Funny things happen.

In the words of the frog, time's fun when you're having flies! Maybe 2 hours went by and it only FELT like an hour... beets me!

Qivis
Feb 13 2014, 08:46 AM
I bought another rabbit hutch and filled it with white rabbits. Since this update, it is not registering so I can harvest the rabbits - not by clicking on it individually on the farm, nor within the harvest tool for harvesting animals. Anyone else having this problem?

I have the tool for doing all mine at once. As far as I know, the number was correct the other day because of the time required for them to be ready. I'll double check today and let you know if I see a problem.

1fritz
Feb 13 2014, 09:28 AM

Yes I have. What I did that seems to help... Clear everything. Then I hid every thing till I get to the farm. If I'm planting everything stays hidden, If redecorating everything hidden till I get finished. Seems to help.

lornagayle
Feb 13 2014, 10:24 AM
I am also having this problem on my farm, its almost impossible to get the facility manager row to open since the update

Taz D
Feb 13 2014, 11:16 AM
I am also having this problem on my farm, its almost impossible to get the facility manager row to open since the update
As long as your mouse pointer is in the tool box area it should stay open.

beverduster
Feb 13 2014, 02:26 PM
does anybody have an inkling what the new tool or tools as was mentioned in the new release wil be?

Taz D
Feb 13 2014, 02:41 PM
does anybody have an inkling what the new tool or tools as was mentioned in the new release wil be?
Raul knows, but as usual he isn't telling us until they are released.

JW2009
Feb 13 2014, 03:04 PM
Hi, what new tool, what section was that, i missed something ?Raul knows, but as usual he isn't telling us until they are released.

beverduster
Feb 13 2014, 03:10 PM
thanks for the prompt answer taz

StoneFace
Feb 13 2014, 04:38 PM

KnightRider
Feb 13 2014, 04:47 PM

I think I will stay with the bulldozers. There are several times I need to sell some of an item, but not all like it shows above and the bulldozers work for trees, flowers, and plots so don't need it for them.

tsoupra
Feb 13 2014, 06:33 PM
Hello,

An issue after the new update: when have hired to "Design this farm together" can't rotate a building.
Clicking on Rotate does nothing.

Thanks

Rugged Barbie
Feb 13 2014, 07:48 PM
The tool box is really sensitive since the new release. If my pointer just blows across it, it pops open. I have to X it out. I preferred having to click on it for it to open. :)

Docperk
Feb 13 2014, 08:56 PM
Strange thing about the toolbox yesterday it wouldn't hardly pop up at all so I am not going to complain about it. :)

lsbrock
Feb 13 2014, 09:47 PM

if I didn't have enough fuel I wouldn't be able to use m tools at all. for the record I have over a million units of fuel. and im not saying the dimming feature and tool use are related just that before the dimming feature was introduced, the tools worked fine. now when I hover my flower harvester, chainsaw etc over the item it only highlights one at a time. its very time consuming.

Taz D
Feb 13 2014, 10:06 PM
if I didn't have enough fuel I wouldn't be able to use m tools at all. for the record I have over a million units of fuel. and im not saying the dimming feature and tool use are related just that before the dimming feature was introduced, the tools worked fine. now when I hover my flower harvester, chainsaw etc over the item it only highlights one at a time. its very time consuming.
You can turn off the dimming feature in the preferences. Then the eye will be all the way open indicating it is off.
Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that page and your farm,then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again to see if it is working.
If that doesn't fix it please post a link to your farm here. The automatic linking does not work so you will have to create a link and paste it here. Instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

KnightRider
Feb 13 2014, 10:29 PM

Have you tried to click on a lower tool to see it will work?

Lulou
Feb 13 2014, 11:49 PM
I read quite a bit of the posts and don't see this mentioned. Are the orange, green, & purple sprinklers still available? They do not show in the new toolbox. Nor do the orange & green (?) freehand tools. Are they still available, too? I would hate to buy them as they are still there for purchase and have no way to use them.

Taz D
Feb 13 2014, 11:51 PM
I read quite a bit of the posts and don't see this mentioned. Are the orange, green, & purple sprinklers still available? They do not show in the new toolbox. Nor do the orange & green (?) freehand tools. Are they still available, too? I would hate to buy them as they are still there for purchase and have no way to use them.
Yes they are still available. The reason they are greyed out is because you don't own them. When you buy them and put them in storage then they will show correctly.

Lulou
Feb 13 2014, 11:57 PM
Mine aren't even there...not even greyed out. I understand the grey out, but will they just appear when I buy them when they don't even show at all now?

KnightRider
Feb 13 2014, 11:58 PM

To add to what Taz mentioned, they also did some moving around of the icons in the extended tool box, below shows where the sprinklers are of course as usual it only shows the lowest and highest tools, see below:

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1901342_697079680314285_673495918_n.jpg

You should be seeing the brown and red sprinklers in your extended tool box, and the yellow hand and if you don't own any other hand then the top hand should be greyed out.

KnightRider
Feb 14 2014, 12:35 AM
New notes was just added to the new release, see below:

- When hired to harvest trees or flowers, chop trees or fish you will now get 100% of the selling price of the item you are working on, also, the extra product bonus that goes into your storage have increased to 50% for trees (fruits and logs) and flowers (fish were already at 50%), it means that if you harvest 100 apple trees, chop another 100 bamboo trees and harvest another 100 roses, you will receive approximately 50 apples, 50 bamboo logs and 50 roses in your storage as well.

*All the benefits above also apply to the Chest Bonus as well*

This make the work on trees, flowers and fish more rewarding than working on crops.

- We reduced the sensitivity of the Toolbox icon to show the Toolbox, now it waits about half a second to
show the Toolbox, this will minimize the Toolbox showing unintentionally. Notice you can always click on the Toolbox icon to show it immediately if you want.

KnightRider
Feb 14 2014, 01:04 AM

- We reduced the sensitivity of the Toolbox icon to show the Toolbox, now it waits about half a second to show the Toolbox, this will minimize the Toolbox showing unintentionally. Notice you can always click on the Toolbox icon to show it immediately if you want.

I have been looking at the toolbox and sometimes it doesn't open when you click it, it won't close when you click on the "X", or when you hover your cursor over it some times it doesn't want to open. I hovered my mouse over it and it took a few seconds to appear.

WillowTreeFarm
Feb 14 2014, 05:18 AM
Info about the eye. In my wrench tool on the preference bar I have a check mark in front of Eye Icon and checked the Hidden and On choice. When I am hired, it has changed back to Dimmed and On, so the eye will not close completely until I go back into the wrench tool and change it back to Hidden and On. Am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch? This has happened on 5 different hire jobs.

Clockworx
Feb 14 2014, 06:06 AM
Raul
Just a suggestion, with the bigger farms and also re-arranging trees and flowers, instead of the robot tool to sell all stuff why not have a tool to put all items of the same, like a rubber tree to storage. That would greatly assist us in re-arranging farms. I trying to achieve dedicated farms for instance 4 farms for trees , 3 farms for flowers and so forth. This is to increase loading times and also to have better control

Taz D
Feb 14 2014, 09:57 AM
Info about the eye. In my wrench tool on the preference bar I have a check mark in front of Eye Icon and checked the Hidden and On choice. When I am hired, it has changed back to Dimmed and On, so the eye will not close completely until I go back into the wrench tool and change it back to Hidden and On. Am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch? This has happened on 5 different hire jobs.
That is the default setting for when you are hired. From the release notes:
You can click once on the eye and it will go to the hidden setting. You do not have to go into the preferences to change it.

Sandy Mae
Feb 14 2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the new changes! It all works better for me now!

Franny2
Feb 14 2014, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the great upgrade!!!!

WillowTreeFarm
Feb 14 2014, 12:31 PM
Thanks Taz D for clearing up my confusion.

Eradani
Feb 14 2014, 02:12 PM
Raul
Just a suggestion, with the bigger farms and also re-arranging trees and flowers, instead of the robot tool to sell all stuff why not have a tool to put all items of the same, like a rubber tree to storage. That would greatly assist us in re-arranging farms. I trying to achieve dedicated farms for instance 4 farms for trees , 3 farms for flowers and so forth. This is to increase loading times and also to have better control

this is a good idea. you can always go to the market to sell from storage after everything is picked up.

but more often than wanting to sell everything, you want to pick it up to move it.

----
Also: the eye is getting worse. every time i reboot the game and get hired in the market, the eye is back to Dim / On even though i keep setting my preference to HIDE / On

and now lots of items are always dimmed: paths, tools, water items, fields that aren't ready.

Please just Hide Everything if we choose HIDE / On.

---
on a related note: the Hide feature doesn't (and never did) work as well as the wrench Turn off graphics. with hide, you still get stuck on stuff.

Taz D
Feb 14 2014, 03:06 PM
this is a good idea. you can always go to the market to sell from storage after everything is picked up.

but more often than wanting to sell everything, you want to pick it up to move it.

----
Also: the eye is getting worse. every time i reboot the game and get hired in the market, the eye is back to Dim / On even though i keep setting my preference to HIDE / On

and now lots of items are always dimmed: paths, tools, water items, fields that aren't ready.

Please just Hide Everything if we choose HIDE / On.

---
on a related note: the Hide feature doesn't (and never did) work as well as the wrench Turn off graphics. with hide, you still get stuck on stuff.
As Raul said:

JW2009
Feb 14 2014, 04:56 PM
When I try to buy something, anything from the store, I can't move the item around the farm, the item just stays there where after you select which angle and I can't move it. any item, i first tried the rainbow and i saw it was not moving when i moved my mouse. then i tried other items and same thing.

Taz D
Feb 14 2014, 05:06 PM
When I try to buy something, anything from the store, I can't move the item around the farm, the item just stays there where after you select which angle and I can't move it. any item, i first tried the rainbow and i saw it was not moving when i moved my mouse. then i tried other items and same thing.
Try clearing both caches, close and restart your farms. I just bought several items with no problem.

JW2009
Feb 14 2014, 05:33 PM
HI Taz, I cleared my mem cache and now it's fine, thank you, I didn't think to do that :)Try clearing both caches, close and restart your farms. I just bought several items with no problem.

JoDanzer
Feb 14 2014, 09:35 PM
when i am hired and i hire someone else, can we both use the same tools?

Taz D
Feb 14 2014, 09:45 PM
when i am hired and i hire someone else, can we both use the same tools?
Yes. That has been tested and found to work. Even if you hire more than one person they can all use the same tool.

FarmerWitch
Feb 15 2014, 03:19 AM
my gift box has been replaced by a fishing boat ... anyone else have this problem?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1607061_10152613970654008_86668971_n.jpg

No ... I did not drag it there ...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1796467_10152613977379008_1086984422_n.jpg

Jean's Farm
Feb 15 2014, 07:43 AM
my gift box has been replaced by a fishing boat ... anyone else have this problem?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1607061_10152613970654008_86668971_n.jpg

No ... I did not drag it there ...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1796467_10152613977379008_1086984422_n.jpg

Yes...I have the same problem here. When I first come into the farm the neighbor bar and the totals at the top are up and down about an inch. I can see the gift box there in the gap between the bottom of the farm screen and the neighbor bar. But on my bar is my turbo boat instead of the gift package. :confused:

lornagayle
Feb 15 2014, 10:54 AM
Hi not sure if this is just my issue or a game issue, my winter supply factory is not giving me any belt levels, my supply is down and normally what I do is look for bonuses of things I am short of , but for this factory noticed there was none, am I doing something wrong?

Taz D
Feb 15 2014, 11:15 AM
Hi not sure if this is just my issue or a game issue, my winter supply factory is not giving me any belt levels, my supply is down and normally what I do is look for bonuses of things I am short of , but for this factory noticed there was none, am I doing something wrong?
The belts for those new facilities have not been added yet.

Mare Contrare
Feb 15 2014, 11:31 AM
My gift box disappeared yesterday. I have a tree shaker in its place. I don't see the gift box in the extended tool box (thought maybe something went haywire with the last release). Any ideas on how to get it back?

Taz D
Feb 15 2014, 11:47 AM
My gift box disappeared yesterday. I have a tree shaker in its place. I don't see the gift box in the extended tool box (thought maybe something went haywire with the last release). Any ideas on how to get it back?
Not yet. We will have to get the developers to look into this.

JW2009
Feb 15 2014, 06:21 PM
Hi, when I load my farm, I made sure my eye toggle would only toggle between "hidden and on" when hired, but every time i get hired it resets the eye toggle to "dimmed and on" This is very frustrating having to reset it your self every time you load in the market or ur farm. Here is a photo of what I mean.
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1505572_602310766529901_1842544880_n.jpg

Taz D
Feb 15 2014, 06:28 PM
Hi, when I load my farm, I made sure my eye toggle would only toggle between "hidden and on" when hired, but every time i get hired it resets the eye toggle to "dimmed and on" This is very frustrating having to reset it your self every time you load in the market or ur farm. Here is a photo of what I mean.

As Raul stated:

JW2009
Feb 15 2014, 06:32 PM
so, what is the point of having those options in the wrench settings ? It's a waste of time to reset it. I will just have it turned completely off, then just have to click 3 times when hired.As Raul stated: