PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Contests

Rob T
Aug 01 2014, 09:49 AM
Hi everyone

This thread is for feedback on the new farm contests, there is a help thread available in the contest forum for those that need help with posting and photos.

anglnwhite
Aug 03 2014, 03:02 PM

Thank you for reinstating the best farm contests. I was pleasantly surprised to see this happen. I've learned a great deal about perspective and farm design from the previous competitions.

Regarding this next "back to basics" contest ... this is really much more difficult than I had anticipated. I've become so accustomed to using items for things that they are not that I actually have to focus on what I should not be doing in the design. I never thought I would say this, but I wish my farm items would sink into the paths again ... it would make everything so much more authentic. ;)

Good luck and Happy Farming everyone!

Queen.of.Clutter
Aug 09 2014, 12:36 PM
God Love you guys ... (Mods & Helpers) .... although the rules & directions are CLEARLY stated, what a cluster ! lol! One farm has a name spelled out in flowers, not sure if that is considered a picture, and another farm entered has facilities/sheds overhanging the borders (I visited each farm via the links, at least the ones that included links) ....

I feel bad for you all, it's gonna be alot of work for you ! But the contest seems like a very fun idea, and I am anxious to see all of the designs!

maggiel29
Aug 10 2014, 10:55 AM
Once you have entered your farm in to the competition, you may not EDIT your entry in any way shape or form. Your farm MUST look exactly the same as when the competition closes as it did when you entered it. However, you will be able to harvest any crops, trees etc so long as they are back to fully grown and has to be the exact same crop at the close of the competition. If there is a release after you enter you are not allowed to make additions to your entry, so please be sure you are done. If any farm or entry has been modified, you will be disqualified.

This rule for the contest is going to be very hard to stick to - unless I only plant a 4 day crop and use my sprinkler to keep it for a few more days. In the past we were allowed to plough and replant but the crops didnt have to be fully grown when the comp ended.

Would you consider at least relaxing this rule to allow partially grown crops - after all an authentic farm wouldnt have fully grown crops all the time anyway

Otherwise a great contest idea and yes more difficult than it seems.

Rob T
Aug 10 2014, 04:36 PM
Hi maggiel29

In interest of fairness, we do see that it would be near impossible to maintain the same crops as fully grown through out the competition. Therefor we have decided to slacken off that rule to this.... We will allow any crop to be growing or fully grown, so long as there is a crop there.

Eradani
Aug 10 2014, 06:34 PM
In interest of fairness, we do see that it would be near impossible to maintain the same crops as fully grown through out the competition. Therefor we have decided to slacken off that rule to this.... We will allow any crop to be growing or fully grown, so long as there is a crop there.

just to clarify and make sure i'm not misunderstanding:

A) i must have a crop growing all through the contest period BUT it doesn't need to be the same crop as in the screenshot?

or

B) i must have the same crop growing all through the contest period BUT it doesn't need to be fully grown at all times (which is clearly impossible)

i think you said A

Rob T
Aug 10 2014, 06:38 PM
just to clarify and make sure i'm not misunderstanding:

A) i must have a crop growing all through the contest period BUT it doesn't need to be the same crop as in the screenshot?

or

B) i must have the same crop growing all through the contest period BUT it doesn't need to be fully grown at all times (which is clearly impossible)

i think you said A

Correct, it can be any crop at any stage of growing. so long as there is a crop there. Just not wasted

maggiel29
Aug 11 2014, 03:50 AM
Hi maggiel29

Thank-you so much Rob :D:D - I am quite enjoying doing this - Ive found its much easier if I just forget I have the Green hand tho LOL

Rob T
Aug 11 2014, 06:22 AM
Thank-you so much Rob :D:D - I am quite enjoying doing this - Ive found its much easier if I just forget I have the Green hand tho LOL

You're so welcome maggiel29 :)

Taz D
Aug 11 2014, 05:28 PM
If my farm link is already a part of my signature, will it still be there when I post my farm for the contest? I've never posted a pic of my farm before.
Yes Seajay your signature link will still be there. The signature shows on any post you make. However, if that is not the farm you are entering in the contest we will need a link to the farm you are entering , so we can go directly to it.

SeaJay
Aug 11 2014, 05:30 PM
Yes Seajay your signature link will still be there. The signature shows on any post you make. However, if that is not the farm you are entering in the contest we will need a link to the farm you are entering , so we can go directly to it.
HA! Taz..you were to quick for me. I just deleted my post. I need to go figure out how to do this.
Thanks bud.

Ms Lila
Aug 13 2014, 10:41 PM
So Glad to see the "Best Farms" contest reinstated. I enjoy seeing all the hard work everyone has put into their farms. There's some talented farmers out there. Sure Miss
seeing Farmer Dork" farms.

bluehair
Aug 14 2014, 04:40 AM
does yoru farm have to have crops?

KnightRider
Aug 14 2014, 04:43 AM
does yoru farm have to have crops?

Hello bluehair,

No, your farm doesn't have to have crops, it can have anything from the store as long as what you purchase from the store is used as it is meant to, for example a bench, it needs to be used as a bench and not for stairs.

lynnetimpeiro@msn.com
Aug 14 2014, 08:51 PM
I just want to say THANK YOU!! I've never done any contest before so this is (and has been) trial and error for me. It is challenging and exciting, as well as somewhat confusing (to one who has never done a contest anyway). I've enjoyed it immensely!! All of you are wonderful!! Thank you again for bringing the contests to life again!!

lavanah
Aug 14 2014, 10:40 PM
Are we aloud to freeze flowers in this contest?

docmm6
Aug 15 2014, 03:53 PM
Okay is flowers classified as a crop or do I need them to be in the same stage as when I post a picture.

CSLewis
Aug 15 2014, 06:15 PM
Before I get too involved with my design I wanted to clarify something. I do not have any of the design tools, so all this is being simply done by hand. It says we can stagger and layer crops. I am working on a winter theme and I want to use the snow hill and other mountains and hills found in the winter section. When I go to put them down it allows me to overlap them (on top of the snow hills that are HUGE) automatically. It also allows me to place trees, houses, etc. on them. So my question is, can I set up my farm this way or is that considered a trick and 'cheating'?

Seraphina Warrior
Aug 15 2014, 06:33 PM
Before I get too involved with my design I wanted to clarify something. I do not have any of the design tools, so all this is being simply done by hand. It says we can stagger and layer crops. I am working on a winter theme and I want to use the snow hill and other mountains and hills found in the winter section. When I go to put them down it allows me to overlap them (on top of the snow hills that are HUGE) automatically. It also allows me to place trees, houses, etc. on them. So my question is, can I set up my farm this way or is that considered a trick and 'cheating'?

Hi CSLewis. If items can be placed, without the use of the green or orange hand (design tools), then it is perfectly fine. Some items can be placed on top of other items, and this is allowed. Any items, such as this , are checked out at the time of verification. The only thing that I would say, is to be careful when using hills and mountains that you do not stagger them and give a 3D illusion. Good luck and have a wonderful evening. :)

Seraphina Warrior
Aug 15 2014, 06:36 PM
Okay is flowers classified as a crop or do I need them to be in the same stage as when I post a picture.

Hi docmm6. No, they do not need to be in the same stage of growth, but you might want to keep in mind, that harvested flowers, are not as attractive as flowers that are in full bloom, and as the judges will be visiting all farms, at the close of the competition, you might want to try and get them, as close to your photo, as you can. But like I said, it isn't a necessity, just a little advice. Good luck and have a lovely evening. :)

CSLewis
Aug 15 2014, 06:47 PM
Hi CSLewis. If items can be placed, without the use of the green or orange hand (design tools), then it is perfectly fine. Some items can be placed on top of other items, and this is allowed. Any items, such as this , are checked out at the time of verification. The only thing that I would say, is to be careful when using hills and mountains that you do not stagger them and give a 3D illusion. Good luck and have a wonderful evening. :)

Okay maybe I am a little slow Seraphina, but what exactly do you mean staggering them so it makes a 3D illusion? My goal is to have it look like a mountain range with some trees and stuff in the mountains. Maybe there are some examples that can be pointed out to me that explain better?

(Also I think I started this post in the wrong thread, sorry)

Seraphina Warrior
Aug 16 2014, 05:18 AM
Okay maybe I am a little slow Seraphina, but what exactly do you mean staggering them so it makes a 3D illusion? My goal is to have it look like a mountain range with some trees and stuff in the mountains. Maybe there are some examples that can be pointed out to me that explain better?

(Also I think I started this post in the wrong thread, sorry)

Hi CSLewis, I'll try to explain, as best I can for you. If you were to place mountains, side by side on your farm, it would look like a row of mountains and no doubt a mountain range. But if you placed mountains that were staggered, so that it gave the illusion of a mountain range, gradually getting higher and higher, then this would not be allowed. Basically, as long as your mountains did not give any illusion of mountains sitting on top of each other and getting higher, then you should be fine. I appreciate that its hard to understand, but hopefully this has clarified things a little more for you. :)

SeaJay
Aug 16 2014, 09:30 AM
In my not so humble opinion, I'm thinking the use of the green farm design tool should have been totally eliminated. It would leave no questions as to whether or not something was allowed.

I see farms entered that are using trees to create elevation. Even though it is not a design trick, it goes against the rules of 3 D affect.

I was called on using land paths incorrectly when it created no such affect and have, from the beginning, been able to be placed wherever we wanted without the use of a design hand.

I think the rules are skewed!

CSLewis
Aug 16 2014, 12:53 PM
I looked at all the entries so far and some of them look to go from small to big based on how they laid things out. I visited a neighbor who has a wonderful winter farm design and she gave me permission to post her farm here to use that as a basis of explanation. I know she has a few snow hills overhanging and uses fences to create stairs and that is not allowed. My question is the way she has her hills and trees placed, is that acceptable?

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag168/cinnibear/fafed9dc-21d8-4fe8-a094-bc91af0e85ea_zps66440ee9.jpg (http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/cinnibear/media/fafed9dc-21d8-4fe8-a094-bc91af0e85ea_zps66440ee9.jpg.html)

Seraphina Warrior
Aug 16 2014, 02:25 PM
I looked at all the entries so far and some of them look to go from small to big based on how they laid things out. I visited a neighbor who has a wonderful winter farm design and she gave me permission to post her farm here to use that as a basis of explanation. I know she has a few snow hills overhanging and uses fences to create stairs and that is not allowed. My question is the way she has her hills and trees placed, is that acceptable?

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag168/cinnibear/fafed9dc-21d8-4fe8-a094-bc91af0e85ea_zps66440ee9.jpg (http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/cinnibear/media/fafed9dc-21d8-4fe8-a094-bc91af0e85ea_zps66440ee9.jpg.html)

The mountains placed as they are in that photo would be fine CSLewis, as they are basically all placed next to each other. If you look closely at that picture, it is the steps more than anything, that give it the illusion of height and 3D and as you said, steps etc are not allowed. :)

jmdoda4438@comcast.net
Aug 22 2014, 08:36 AM
My entry was deleted and I saw a few that had some of the same things as mine and I think it should be the decision of all the judges and not just one! Very disappointed!

Seraphina Warrior
Aug 22 2014, 01:55 PM
My entry was deleted and I saw a few that had some of the same things as mine and I think it should be the decision of all the judges and not just one! Very disappointed!

Hi Jmdoda, Your entry was only temporarily deleted as there was much confusion surrounding it, as you may know. I hope to have now, put your mind at rest somewhat. Have a lovely day :)

firegold flames
Aug 24 2014, 12:12 AM
I think i want to feedback on contest . i think we should give an example picture
like what should or should not be in like the one shown by Lewis .

Eradani
Aug 24 2014, 12:44 AM
i think the rules, especially in this confusing case, need to be laid out more specifically. i thought the point of this contest was not making a 3d farm but a flat one. my entry was disallowed (and i was given the opportunity to fix it) for having grasses in my ponds because that involved the use of the green hand and/or dirt paths for overlapping. i'm not complaining about the rule, just about how the rule was originally stated. i know making rules for contests can be difficult but they really need to be more clear. and i hope my pretending a row of asparagus crops can grow up to be a hedge isn't disallowed because i'm not using a crop as intended because an asparagus hedge tastes sooo good in the spring :)

SeaJay
Aug 24 2014, 11:08 AM
Seraphina, the picture of my farm disappeared, but not the post. Do I have to re-submit it?

Taz D
Aug 24 2014, 11:26 AM
Seraphina, the picture of my farm disappeared, but not the post. Do I have to re-submit it?
Hi SeaJay,
Seraphrina is not available right now. I don't know why the picture disappeared. You will need to edit your post and re-add the picture back into it.

SeaJay
Aug 24 2014, 11:29 AM
Hi SeaJay,
Seraphrina is not available right now. I don't know why the picture disappeared. You will need to edit your post and re-add the picture back into it.

I just did...twice. It's just showing a hyperlink but not the photo???!!! Any suggestions? I did have the audience set wrong, so I changed it to public and then tried again, but its still just a hyperlink.

Eradani
Aug 24 2014, 11:32 AM
I just did...twice. It's just showing a hyperlink but not the photo???!!! Any suggestions? I did have the audience set wrong, so I changed it to public and then tried again, but its still just a hyperlink.

click on the mountain icon to add the pic. it's 5th from the right

SeaJay
Aug 24 2014, 11:40 AM
click on the mountain icon to add the pic. it's 5th from the right

Oh dude!!! You rock. You should be a moderator. :D

Thanks. That was it. Not sure why it disappeared the first time. I think I deleted the wrong one out of photo album when I was told to re-do it.

And...are you a dude? lol. I was assuming.

Eradani
Aug 25 2014, 03:52 PM
And...are you a dude? lol. I was assuming.

assuming dude is a non-sexual term by now - ya, i'm a dude, lol

lynnetimpeiro@msn.com
Aug 31 2014, 12:22 PM
I previously gave some feedback on the B2B contest but would like to add a couple of things to my prior thoughts.
First, I would like to wish all of those who entered Good Luck. I have gone in and viewed the farms and there is so much talent out there -- WHEW!!
Second, Good Luck to the judges -- you have your work laying out there in front of you. It will not be an easy decision for this. Again, the talent is awesome!!
Third -- I can't wait until the next one comes out -- LOL!! The trip down memory lane has passed; the nail biting is over (at least for me); and, it has now come down to a "waiting game".
Again, GOOD LUCK Everyone!!

jeemersmom
Aug 31 2014, 01:13 PM
The mountains placed as they are in that photo would be fine CSLewis, as they are basically all placed next to each other. If you look closely at that picture, it is the steps more than anything, that give it the illusion of height and 3D and as you said, steps etc are not allowed. :)

I fail to see how, if the rules are applied equally to all, these mountains are allowed to extend past the farm boundary. I had a similar situation with tall green hills. The footprint of each hill (green box visible when moving) was inside the farm boundary but edges of hills extended just past outside edge when placed. I was told this was NOT acceptable and my post was removed with advice to correct the "problem" and repost. There is another farm with snow patches extending past the edge of the farm....clearly a violation if the rules that were used to judge my farm were used on that farm.

Just edited this post to say that I realize the farm picture shown by CSLewis is not of a contest farm. The problem is that CSLewis was told the snow mountain placement was within contest rules.

Rob T
Aug 31 2014, 02:54 PM
When we first brought back the competitions, we decided to err a little on the side of leniency, rather than be more "heavy handed". We did not instantly disqualify those entries which did not meet the rules, but gave them a "second chance" by sending a private message, listing the faults within their entry and inviting those people to re-post, once they had made the relevant changes. However, during the course of this competition and the second chances that we have given, there have been numerous replies received, of a less than favourable nature.

Offering this "second chance" did not mean that entries were open for negotiation, dispute or to be argued against. The decision was final, and a choice was given. Therefore, unfortunately, due to the responses and unfavourable messages that were received, during the course of this competition, we now find ourselves in the position of no longer being able to offer this opportunity. All future competitions, will now have no "second chances" and if an entry does not fall "within" the strict guidelines of the competition, it will be instantly disqualified.

This is something that we were hoping to avoid, but it has sadly turned out to not be the case. Please keep in mind, that this is an Official Slashkey Competition , and as such, we really should not have offered these second chances at all, but we chose to try and be as fair as we could to entrants. You would not get a second chance, within any other Official Competition and I'm very much afraid, that this now applies to the Slashkey Forum Best Farm Contests.

SeaJay
Aug 31 2014, 03:10 PM
When we first brought back the competitions, we decided to err a little on the side of leniency, rather than be more "heavy handed". We did not instantly disqualify those entries which did not meet the rules, but gave them a "second chance" by sending a private message, listing the faults within their entry and inviting those people to re-post, once they had made the relevant changes. However, during the course of this competition and the second chances that we have given, there have been numerous replies received, of a less than favourable nature.

Offering this "second chance" did not mean that entries were open for negotiation, dispute or to be argued against. The decision was final, and a choice was given. Therefore, unfortunately, due to the responses and unfavourable messages that were received, during the course of this competition, we now find ourselves in the position of no longer being able to offer this opportunity. All future competitions, will now have no "second chances" and if an entry does not fall "within" the strict guidelines of the competition, it will be instantly disqualified.

This is something that we were hoping to avoid, but it has sadly turned out to not be the case. Please keep in mind, that this is an Official Slashkey Competition , and as such, we really should not have offered these second chances at all, but we chose to try and be as fair as we could to entrants. You would not get a second chance, within any other Official Competition and I'm very much afraid, that this now applies to the Slashkey Forum Best Farm Contests.

This was a very tough first contest, Rob. I have a feeling following the rules on later competitions won't be so difficult. I appreciate your tolerance and patience and leniency. The prize is generous. It should definitely go to someone who played within all the boundaries. Good luck judging....and good luck to all the contestants.

lavanah
Aug 31 2014, 06:26 PM
Sounds like a good plan.

jeemersmom
Aug 31 2014, 07:45 PM
Rob, Please realize that some of the comments that are seen as "of a less than favourable nature" come about due to frustration. When one is told that the rules have not been followed....and that individual knows he/she has not used the green glove and that the footprint of all objects are totally within the farm boundary (that is how I interpreted the rule that states: "Overhanging of lakes, seacoasts, waterways and buildings is not accepted, everything must stay within the boundaries of the farm border"), the moderator's comments may be difficult to swallow. My comments in an earlier post were not to criticize any individual. In the immortal words of Dr. Phil, "it isn't about YOU". It is about what appears to be unclear/uneven application of the rules.

Queen.of.Clutter
Aug 31 2014, 08:22 PM

I firmly believe that the Moderators have been MORE THAN FAIR ... especially since they notified entrants of errors and gave them a chance to correct them ... NO OTHER contests will do that ....

For someone to whine or complain is beyond reason .... I saw the entrants, and the judges have their work cut out for them ! So many wonderful farms! I entered without even a hope of placing, but enjoyed doing my farm so much! It broke up the wait for a release, and I feel so fortunate that I play a Facebook game that the Developers actually CARE about the players, and cater to them at every turn.

Let's all cut these Mod's a bit of slack .... they are trying to help us all, and crying about things does NOT help .... it only hinders ....

Rugged Barbie
Aug 31 2014, 09:15 PM
I previously gave some feedback on the B2B contest but would like to add a couple of things to my prior thoughts.
First, I would like to wish all of those who entered Good Luck. I have gone in and viewed the farms and there is so much talent out there -- WHEW!!
Second, Good Luck to the judges -- you have your work laying out there in front of you. It will not be an easy decision for this. Again, the talent is awesome!!
Third -- I can't wait until the next one comes out -- LOL!! The trip down memory lane has passed; the nail biting is over (at least for me); and, it has now come down to a "waiting game".
Again, GOOD LUCK Everyone!!

Agreed!
Good Luck Everyone!!!
And, it's most unfortunate that a few of you have taken issue with the advice and suggestions made from a MOD after submitting a farm that is in nonconformance. It gave me the opportunity to redo something that I didn't see as a nonconforming quality. I greatly appreciated that, redid that little issue and have resubmitted. Thank you for that!
This is a game.
The contest is for fun.
Get real people!
hearts and flowers to the Moderators and Helpers!

Eradani
Sep 01 2014, 10:27 AM
Rob, Please realize that some of the comments that are seen as "of a less than favourable nature" come about due to frustration. When one is told that the rules have not been followed....and that individual knows he/she has not used the green glove and that the footprint of all objects are totally within the farm boundary (that is how I interpreted the rule that states: "Overhanging of lakes, seacoasts, waterways and buildings is not accepted, everything must stay within the boundaries of the farm border"), the moderator's comments may be difficult to swallow. My comments in an earlier post were not to criticize any individual. In the immortal words of Dr. Phil, "it isn't about YOU". It is about what appears to be unclear/uneven application of the rules.

this is what i feel too. and it really isn't about YOU, whoever YOU are - it's about the first farm contest for this group of mods and the first farm contest for all of us in a long time. and i think many of us understand the frustration of the mods when they have to answer the exact same question about quests 293874 times a day and post links and screenshots.

i think i do understand the reason for the rules in this contest because previously, there ended up a small and talented group of people who would be the only ones entering contests and nobody else would bother and you wanted to get the community up and going again with everyone participating.

i like the idea of the 2nd chance (and not at all because i needed one) because you wanted to get the community up and going again with everyone participating. we're all new at these contests so maybe you could have some smaller contests with no (or a very tiny) FC prize - just something creative to do.

when i was involved in the zoo tycoon 1 community (zootycoonunleashed and zootekphoenix), the prizes for contests was simply a banner for your signature and many people entered them anyways. there was usually a "beta test" for contest rules so they could be clarified before posting to lessen confusion.

i was going to suggest you could look at some of their contests but when i went over there today i remembered that you need to have an account to see posted pics. if you were at all interested, these 2 sites do not send any spam or sell your email or do anything at all shady. for reference: zoo tycoon 1 is like farm town with 2d or 2.5d or whatever isometric graphics format except zt1 has rotate and ground elevation control.

Black Bunny
Sep 02 2014, 11:04 AM
I firmly believe that the Moderators have been MORE THAN FAIR ... especially since they notified entrants of errors and gave them a chance to correct them ... NO OTHER contests will do that ....

For someone to whine or complain is beyond reason .... I saw the entrants, and the judges have their work cut out for them ! So many wonderful farms! I entered without even a hope of placing, but enjoyed doing my farm so much! It broke up the wait for a release, and I feel so fortunate that I play a Facebook game that the Developers actually CARE about the players, and cater to them at every turn.

Let's all cut these Mod's a bit of slack .... they are trying to help us all, and crying about things does NOT help .... it only hinders ....

I for one...was quite pleased to have another chance to change things that I needed to. Of course...after the momentary "dang" that I had gotten it wrong. I don't have any of the designer tools, so I used the dirt paths...a no no that I didn't understand at first. It was incredibly kind of the moderators to send a private message...and not just air it for all to see, as that bothers some. They surely didn't have to, could have just deleted and told you that it didn't conform...without telling you why it didn't.
I don't understand the fussing...you entered THEIR contest...THEY make the rules. Sometimes life has disappointments when we don't fully understand the rules and therefore...fail.
The moderators have been more than kind with explanations and help...and now to be a fond memory of second chances. They should be appreciated for that. *off my soap box now

LazyMare
Sep 02 2014, 11:31 AM

I am astounded that anyone would send anyone, let alone a Mod an "unfavourable" message. Seem to remember reading somewhere on the forum that PM's to the Mods would go unanswered.
That the Competition adjudicators have taken the time to PM entrants with advice - hat's off. However, as a first time competition entrant, who had difficulty enough understanding the rules and the "How To's" I would very much appreciate being told why an entry isn't acceptable and would have no qualms with that being as a comment on the entry, or in place of the entry if it had to be removed- chances are if I've misunderstood something someone else will have too so, that would help everyone. I would feel very confused if an entry just disappeared into the ether - I would assume that I'd posted it wrong and just re-post it with no modifications. Some of us get so engrossed in the details of this fabulous game that we forget - IT IS A GAME. Please don't let one or two "rotten eggs" spoil things for the less vocal majority of nice players.

Rob T
Sep 02 2014, 12:53 PM
I am astounded that anyone would send anyone, let alone a Mod an "unfavourable" message. Seem to remember reading somewhere on the forum that PM's to the Mods would go unanswered.
That the Competition adjudicators have taken the time to PM entrants with advice - hat's off. However, as a first time competition entrant, who had difficulty enough understanding the rules and the "How To's" I would very much appreciate being told why an entry isn't acceptable and would have no qualms with that being as a comment on the entry, or in place of the entry if it had to be removed- chances are if I've misunderstood something someone else will have too so, that would help everyone. I would feel very confused if an entry just disappeared into the ether - I would assume that I'd posted it wrong and just re-post it with no modifications. Some of us get so engrossed in the details of this fabulous game that we forget - IT IS A GAME. Please don't let one or two "rotten eggs" spoil things for the less vocal majority of nice players.

Hi LazyMare

We always try to answer every PM we get. Sometime we do get alot of them. As for entries.... no entry will just disappear without a PM being sent to the user as to why it was removed.

anglnwhite
Sep 02 2014, 04:47 PM
I for one...was quite pleased to have another chance to change things that I needed to. Of course...after the momentary "dang" that I had gotten it wrong. I don't have any of the designer tools, so I used the dirt paths...a no no that I didn't understand at first. It was incredibly kind of the moderators to send a private message...and not just air it for all to see, as that bothers some. They surely didn't have to, could have just deleted and told you that it didn't conform...without telling you why it didn't.
I don't understand the fussing...you entered THEIR contest...THEY make the rules. Sometimes life has disappointments when we don't fully understand the rules and therefore...fail.
The moderators have been more than kind with explanations and help...and now to be a fond memory of second chances. They should be appreciated for that. *off my soap box now

Ditto.

Thank you, Slashkey for reinstating the contests and making the FC awards available.
Thank you, mods for enduring through what I am sure has been an overwhelming amount of negativity.
Thank you, mods and helpers for donating your time to the process.

The rules for the September contest appear to be very straightforward; one season, absolutely no seasonal items. Hopefully that kind of simplicity will help us all avoid the need for a second chance in the future. :)

sandee parlor
Sep 02 2014, 06:04 PM
At the beginning of the best farm contest the rules were to have the crop at the same time of growth when the comp ended this I thought would be impossible and so I left a ploughed field and then entered the farm to competition, then the rule changed and so it left my farm without a crop and not being able to change that since that would be breaking a rule....now someone says you have to have a crop in the field....does this disqualify my entry ?

marymarcel
Sep 02 2014, 07:53 PM
At the beginning of the best farm contest the rules were to have the crop at the same time of growth when the comp ended this I thought would be impossible and so I left a ploughed field and then entered the farm to competition, then the rule changed and so it left my farm without a crop and not being able to change that since that would be breaking a rule....now someone says you have to have a crop in the field....does this disqualify my entry ?

Hi sandee!

Your farm is into the competition, no problem with it:)You are right about the rule was changed, but it was only for the farmers who had entered a farm with crops ready to harvest. You and other farmers who had entered their farms only plowed have no problem with the rule.:)

Rob T
Sep 02 2014, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone,

We appreciate your patience, and realise you all wanna start tearing down your farms and get cracking on with the new contest. So we have decided that no longer need the farms themselves, we have checked all entries, and have come up with a shortlist on which is being decided on.... you MUST keep your photos, otherwise we can't do this. And we need those photos for the winners. so DO NOT remove them :)

LazyMare
Sep 03 2014, 02:15 AM
Hi LazyMare

We always try to answer every PM we get. Sometime we do get alot of them. As for entries.... no entry will just disappear without a PM being sent to the user as to why it was removed.

Thanks for making the no second chance thing way clearer Rob T - much appreciated :)

Rob T
Sep 03 2014, 02:23 AM
Thanks for making the no second chance thing way clearer Rob T - much appreciated :)

You're welcome :)

sandee parlor
Sep 03 2014, 08:09 AM
Thank you Marymarcel for your reply...You guys do a great job, so we can play and have fun ...much appreciated.

marymarcel
Sep 03 2014, 08:24 AM
Thank you Marymarcel for your reply...You guys do a great job, so we can play and have fun ...much appreciated.

You're welcome sandee!:)

Rugged Barbie
Sep 03 2014, 09:39 AM
Is it possible to learn the farms that are now on the short list?
:)

firegold flames
Sep 03 2014, 10:13 AM
I want to empathized on Eradani post " i think the rules, especially in this confusing case, need to be laid out more specifically." . This must considered by all Farm town staffs .

Sometimes the rules is very confusing, in this 2nd contest , there is more questions and
clarifications to be asked unlike the first contest one .

I am happy that one of mod mentioned about second chance/PM,etc in his/her post .

Alexandra_J
Sep 03 2014, 11:16 AM
I have my farm ready now for the season comp. I know it doesn't commence til the 8th September. May I post it now? Just to confirm layered fishing ponds outside the farm boundaries are ok to have, right?

Taz D
Sep 03 2014, 11:24 AM
I have my farm ready now for the season comp. I know it doesn't commence til the 8th September. May I post it now? Just to confirm layered fishing ponds outside the farm boundaries are ok to have, right?
Hi Osmond Fan,
Sorry but you cannot post until the 8th of September. The thread for posting is closed until then.
You can have things hanging over the edge of the farm as that is allowed, but keep in mind that it needs to add to the farm you are designing and not detract from the over-all view for the season.

Taz D
Sep 03 2014, 11:25 AM
Is it possible to learn the farms that are now on the short list?
:)
Hi Barbie,
I have a 1 word answer for you....no...:)

Alexandra_J
Sep 03 2014, 11:41 AM
Hi Osmond Fan,
Sorry but you cannot post until the 8th of September. The thread for posting is closed until then.
You can have things hanging over the edge of the farm as that is allowed, but keep in mind that it needs to add to the farm you are designing and not detract from the over-all view for the season.

My farm for the season comp is a winter one :D, and it's just the normal fishing rivers.

Rugged Barbie
Sep 03 2014, 03:31 PM
Hi Barbie,
I have a 1 word answer for you....no...:)

:o
sorry, I was being a Bad Barbie . . .

Taz D
Sep 03 2014, 05:38 PM
:o
sorry, I was being a Bad Barbie . . .
The winners should be announced in a few days. :)

Ashlar Lady
Sep 05 2014, 04:08 PM
I apologise if this is the wrong place, but there is no reply box on the winners announcement thread. I would like to say big CONGRATULATIONS to the winners, and thank the Judges for my fourth place. :D

Rob T
Sep 05 2014, 04:32 PM
I apologise if this is the wrong place, but there is no reply box on the winners announcement thread. I would like to say big CONGRATULATIONS to the winners, and thank the Judges for my fourth place. :D

You are welcome. and well done :)

firegold flames
Sep 05 2014, 07:48 PM
i would like to said congrats to all 5 members farm town August entries but
there is no reply to congrats , so i think we should create a thread just for congrats
& i like to suggest that the post contain non-sense/rubbish post as in stated in FT rules , the post removed .

Rugged Barbie
Sep 07 2014, 02:28 PM
I'm unable to edit my contest farm post
in that I'd like the link to my farm deleted
If a MOD would please do that for me, I'd be most grateful.
AND, many congrats to the winners! There were so many wonderful farms!
Thanks for deleting my link and thanks for the contest!

Rob T
Sep 07 2014, 04:26 PM
I'm unable to edit my contest farm post
in that I'd like the link to my farm deleted
If a MOD would please do that for me, I'd be most grateful.
AND, many congrats to the winners! There were so many wonderful farms!
Thanks for deleting my link and thanks for the contest!

Hi Barbie, Your farmlink has been deleted :)

Rugged Barbie
Sep 07 2014, 06:11 PM
Hi Barbie, Your farmlink has been deleted :)

Thank You! <3

Rob T
Sep 07 2014, 10:53 PM
Thank You! <3

You're very welcome :)

StoneFace
Sep 08 2014, 08:04 AM
I think you might not get too many "Winter" farms, since seasonal items are withdrawn until that season is half over..... oh well.

Taz D
Sep 08 2014, 10:10 AM
I think you might not get too many "Winter" farms, since seasonal items are withdrawn until that season is half over..... oh well.
Hi Stoneface,
Those seasonal items you are talking about can not be used for this contest, so them not being available doesn't matter anyway. There are plenty of winter items available without using the holiday items.

StoneFace
Sep 08 2014, 10:49 AM
Hi Stoneface,
Those seasonal items you are talking about can not be used for this contest, so them not being available doesn't matter anyway. There are plenty of winter items available without using the holiday items.

I realize that.... when farm #12 was released I made it the Winter-Christmas farm (12th month etc) and have built and expanded it each year since. Rather than put all the currently-not-available-items into storage, to comply with rules, I may miss one, and get eliminated.

Seraphina Warrior
Sep 08 2014, 11:27 AM
I would just like to take a moment, to remind everyone, that this competition is asking you to "design" a farm and to not go through your farms , seeing if you have one, that you think will "pass", for this months theme. We advised you, in the competition guidelines, to start with a clear farm, and this advice remains in place. "Seasonal" items are not to be used on your farms, as these items, are not available to everyone and the more "newer" player, would not have these items in storage . This then puts them at an unfair disadvantage. If you choose to go with an "old" farm, then you do so at your own risk, as "Seasonal" items can often go undetected if you have had them for a long period of time. Please also note that the advice of many, regarding the "hiding" of items, and keeping "seasonal" in view, cannot always be guaranteed, and again is a very risky method, as opposed to doing as was asked, which is to "create" a farm.
As stated in the rules, farms that do not meet the criteria that has been set down for this competition, will be disqualified. This is an official Slashkey Competition, and as such, the guidelines and rules, have to be strictly followed.

Clarification of "Seasonal" items: These are the items, that have been released throughout the year, for a limited period only, for certain holidays, such as Halloween, Valentines Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc. All items that are currently available within the store, including "winter" , and all those items which are currently giftable, are the items that you should be using.

Items in your storage, can be accessed by individual categories, such as Buildings, Facilities, Animals, Flowers, Farm Decor, Paths etc. Seasonal items, are also allocated into their own category, and you should NOT use any item , within that category. As they are separated into their own category, there should be no error's, as you should avoid that section completely. Therefore, by starting with a clear farm, as per the advice given, this would also leave no room for mistakes.
We look forward to seeing your farms once again, and Good luck :)

firegold flames
Sep 09 2014, 07:38 AM
I would just like to take a moment, to remind everyone, that this competition is asking you to "design" a farm and to not go through your farms , seeing if you have one, that you think will "pass", for this months theme. We advised you, in the competition guidelines, to start with a clear farm, and this advice remains in place. "Seasonal" items are not to be used on your farms, as these items, are not available to everyone and the more "newer" player, would not have these items in storage . This then puts them at an unfair disadvantage. If you choose to go with an "old" farm, then you do so at your own risk, as "Seasonal" items can often go undetected if you have had them for a long period of time. Please also note that the advice of many, regarding the "hiding" of items, and keeping "seasonal" in view, cannot always be guaranteed, and again is a very risky method, as opposed to doing as was asked, which is to "create" a farm.
As stated in the rules, farms that do not meet the criteria that has been set down for this competition, will be disqualified. This is an official Slashkey Competition, and as such, the guidelines and rules, have to be strictly followed.

Clarification of "Seasonal" items: These are the items, that have been released throughout the year, for a limited period only, for certain holidays, such as Halloween, Valentines Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc. All items that are currently available within the store, including "winter" , and all those items which are currently giftable, are the items that you should be using.

Items in your storage, can be accessed by individual categories, such as Buildings, Facilities, Animals, Flowers, Farm Decor, Paths etc. Seasonal items, are also allocated into their own category, and you should NOT use any item , within that category. As they are separated into their own category, there should be no error's, as you should avoid that section completely. Therefore, by starting with a clear farm, as per the advice given, this would also leave no room for mistakes.
We look forward to seeing your farms once again, and Good luck :)

Thank for clarification, i hope this message will be placed in front post or in another thread for announcement & lock, both even better by Taz,Rob or you

Pam the Farm girl
Sep 09 2014, 12:43 PM
...note that the advice of many, regarding the "hiding" of items, and keeping "seasonal" in view, cannot always be guaranteed, and again is a very risky method, as opposed to doing as was asked, which is to "create" a farm.

First I want to thank you for the time you put into helping the contestants. I am sure it is considerable and it is very much appreciated! I just want to point out that some of us have attempted to insure we follow the rules by various strategies like the one you labeled as risky. Most (probably all) of us will use non seasonal items we have in storage, and just want to make sure we don't break the rules. This does not mean we are trying to pass off an old farm, rather than create a new one. For me that would take away the fun of the contest.

RichieRoo
Sep 09 2014, 02:41 PM
on the seasons contest does the farm have to be flat or can we make it look like they are on hills ect and can we use benches as steps

Hyacinth Bucket
Sep 09 2014, 02:57 PM
I'm currently having a problem with taking a photo of my farm for some reason, I've done it many times before and didn't have any trouble taking one for last month's competition.

Now it just sits there saying 'Rendering' and nothing happens. I've tried all the usual stuff, clearing cache, rebooting etc.

Then I clicked on the little question mark when taking a photo and the instructions have completely bamboozled me. It says to 'click on Options and then Download in FaceBook's Photo Viewer'.

But I'm darned if I can find the 'Options' option/word anywhere in FT or on my FB page, anyone else know what they are talking about please?

If I can't take a photo then I'll have to use the 'Print Screen' option & edit the size in PhotoShop, anyone know what size I should make it ie pixel width? I don't want to make it too large so that it overlaps the forum screen (like some of them do) but I only get one chance to upload it as I can't then edit it to replace it with a smaller size. Help.....

Taz D
Sep 09 2014, 04:31 PM
I'm currently having a problem with taking a photo of my farm for some reason, I've done it many times before and didn't have any trouble taking one for last month's competition.

Now it just sits there saying 'Rendering' and nothing happens. I've tried all the usual stuff, clearing cache, rebooting etc.

Then I clicked on the little question mark when taking a photo and the instructions have completely bamboozled me. It says to 'click on Options and then Download in FaceBook's Photo Viewer'.

But I'm darned if I can find the 'Options' option/word anywhere in FT or on my FB page, anyone else know what they are talking about please?

If I can't take a photo then I'll have to use the 'Print Screen' option & edit the size in PhotoShop, anyone know what size I should make it ie pixel width? I don't want to make it too large so that it overlaps the forum screen (like some of them do) but I only get one chance to upload it as I can't then edit it to replace it with a smaller size. Help.....
Hi Hyacinth,
I am not sure about the Facebook Photo Viewer, but what has always fixed this in the past has been to clear the memcache and your browser cache.
Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

Seraphina Warrior
Sep 09 2014, 04:48 PM
on the seasons contest does the farm have to be flat or can we make it look like they are on hills ect and can we use benches as steps

Hi RichieRoo, you are free to do whatever you choose on your farm. You can use any item to create an effect etc, but as stated, you cannot use "seasonal items" and it cannot be a picture farm. I hope this helps. :)

Rob T
Sep 09 2014, 04:54 PM

HI Hyacinth,

To add to what Taz has said, i think chrome has been messing up lately, it maybe worth while trying from a different browser, perhaps Opera or Firefox?

Also, if you do have problems with picture size and need to change the picture for a smaller one, we would not disqualify you for that. We are aware that some people have problems posting. so try not to worry please :)

Seraphina Warrior
Sep 09 2014, 04:57 PM
First I want to thank you for the time you put into helping the contestants. I am sure it is considerable and it is very much appreciated! I just want to point out that some of us have attempted to insure we follow the rules by various strategies like the one you labeled as risky. Most (probably all) of us will use non seasonal items we have in storage, and just want to make sure we don't break the rules. This does not mean we are trying to pass off an old farm, rather than create a new one. For me that would take away the fun of the contest.

Hi Pam the Farm girl. This advice was put in place, for those who were trying to use an old farm , rather than create a farm specifically for the competition. When it comes to those who are indeed creating a farm, then you only need to ensure that you do not use items, which are in the "seasonal" category in your store. If you avoid this section, then there will be no room for any mistakes. All other items in your storage and all items currently available in the store and from gifts, are perfectly acceptable to use on your farm. :)

Hyacinth Bucket
Sep 09 2014, 11:09 PM
Tried all of that thanks Taz, more than once, still doesn't work. I've tried two different browsers taking photos of different farms, still no luck.

I just don't understand why it's not working really. I'll just have to do a 'print screen' one and take a guess at the size, good to know I won't be eliminated for changing it for a smaller version if it's too large, thanks Rob.

Taz D
Sep 09 2014, 11:36 PM
Tried all of that thanks Taz, more than once, still doesn't work. I've tried two different browsers taking photos of different farms, still no luck.

I just don't understand why it's not working really. I'll just have to do a 'print screen' one and take a guess at the size, good to know I won't be eliminated for changing it for a smaller version if it's too large, thanks Rob.
Hi Hyacinth,
It appears there is something in Chrome right now causing some problems. Have you tried through a different browser as Seraphina mentioned such as Firefox or Opera. It may work fine through one of those.

RichieRoo
Sep 10 2014, 03:28 AM
Hi RichieRoo, you are free to do whatever you choose on your farm. You can use any item to create an effect etc, but as stated, you cannot use "seasonal items" and it cannot be a picture farm. I hope this helps. :)

Thank you it helps alot

Seraphina Warrior
Sep 10 2014, 05:19 AM
Thank you it helps alot

You are so very welcome RichieRoo

Rugged Barbie
Sep 10 2014, 08:56 PM
Some of the pictures linked don't say what season they're portraying. And, I'm spending a lot of time and coins on mine ha ha! Does size matter? I'm using a newer farm and it's small, like 14x. Hate to spend billions of coins to enlarge it when I'm having such a struggle figuring out what I've already got. :) Advice?

Seraphina Warrior
Sep 11 2014, 03:13 AM
Some of the pictures linked don't say what season they're portraying. And, I'm spending a lot of time and coins on mine ha ha! Does size matter? I'm using a newer farm and it's small, like 14x. Hate to spend billions of coins to enlarge it when I'm having such a struggle figuring out what I've already got. :) Advice?

Hi Rugged Barbie, as stated in the rules, your farm can be any size. I hope this helps. :)

Hyacinth Bucket
Sep 11 2014, 06:19 AM
Photograph of farm finally taken you'll all be pleased to know I'm sure :D

I had a FB message from Carolyn who also gave me the link to clearing the memcache but she added the little snippet that no-one else had, to not be on my farm (or having it open in another tab) when clicking on the memcache link - this time it worked just fine.

I'm back in business thanks to the help in this forum, you guys all rock :)

Rugged Barbie
Sep 16 2014, 01:15 PM
OK Already!
I've posted my farm for the contest so I can get something else done!
It became an obsession and now that I've posted it I know I can't mess with it anymore!
Oh, what a relief it is . . .
Very good luckers to ALL contestants. Your farms are absolutely wonderful! I cringe when looking at mine compared to the high quality work that I've seen so far on here.
<3 to All!

Hyacinth Bucket
Sep 30 2014, 04:15 AM
Nothing has been posted about the October competition and what the theme will be yet, is there going to be one? We were given a few weeks notice last time weren't we?

Seraphina Warrior
Sep 30 2014, 05:27 AM
Nothing has been posted about the October competition and what the theme will be yet, is there going to be one? We were given a few weeks notice last time weren't we?

Hi Hyacinth Bucket. The theme for the following month is always announced after the competition for the existing month has been closed. When this months competition closes, there should be an announcement, shortly thereafter :)

Hyacinth Bucket
Oct 01 2014, 02:24 AM
Okey doke thank you SW.

Hi Hyacinth Bucket. The theme for the following month is always announced after the competition for the existing month has been closed. When this months competition closes, there should be an announcement, shortly thereafter :)

FarmerMcLashwood
Oct 01 2014, 07:30 AM
I see the details of the Oct contest have now been published.... but how long do we have to wait before we can re-arrange farm that has been entered into the Sept contest?

Hyacinth Bucket
Oct 01 2014, 02:41 PM
Until the winners have been announced I think, you don't want to mess it up before the judges have looked at it.

Rob T
Oct 02 2014, 06:43 AM
I see the details of the Oct contest have now been published.... but how long do we have to wait before we can re-arrange farm that has been entered into the Sept contest?

Hi FarmerMcLashwood,

You may now go ahead and re-arrange your farms as the new halloween decorations have been released :) But please remember... do NOT delete the wall photo!!!

sandee parlor
Oct 02 2014, 07:58 AM
I have a question in relation to the Competition for October ...are we allowed to do a picture of a Halloween scene rather than a decorated farm with Halloween items on it?

Seraphina Warrior
Oct 02 2014, 08:57 AM
I have a question in relation to the Competition for October ...are we allowed to do a picture of a Halloween scene rather than a decorated farm with Halloween items on it?

Hi sandee parlor, yes you can, but please keep in mind that pictures do not necessarily give the same overall feel of Halloween as well as those that have been decorated with Halloween Items etc. :)

Rugged Barbie
Oct 02 2014, 07:36 PM
Hi!
Are there decoration restrictions on this October contest? Like, I don't know if my stored Halloween stuff is allowed as some of it is quite old . . . not as old as I am . . . but could be. ha ha!

Seraphina Warrior
Oct 03 2014, 01:29 PM
Hi!
Are there decoration restrictions on this October contest? Like, I don't know if my stored Halloween stuff is allowed as some of it is quite old . . . not as old as I am . . . but could be. ha ha!

Hi Rugged Barbie, No there are no restrictions on decorations, this time around :)

firegold flames
Oct 04 2014, 01:43 AM
October feedback contest -

i think generally i feel , it is a good time for Halloween as it is a
month of October , here is my ratings in term of FT contest Rules -

clarifications - 9/10
questions - 10/10
Power of theme title 10/10
WOW factor for members 8/10
others i didn't mentioned 7/10

I will usually give a ratings for feedback .

Queen.of.Clutter
Oct 04 2014, 02:35 AM
I looked over the winners for last month's contest .... BEAUTIFUL pictures-the entrants are very talented .... but I noticed that not one of the five had any crops growing .... the pics submitted are astounding landscapes .... but not so much 'farms' ..... just thought it strange ! MANY entries had no crops at all .... or any barns or such .... maybe next time or the time after I might try to enter again, knowing I really don't need to create a 'farm'.

Scribbles
Oct 05 2014, 11:05 AM
I felt that we were "suppose" to have a 'farm', as Queen of Clutter mentioned. Also, within the rules were ....."if" there are crops, ect. Since I had chosen a Spring season, I wanted my fields to be in the process of being planted. The little garden had it's workers out with garden tools, ect. The fields also showed they were planting. The seeder truck was out, and a pickup truck, and a few workers. As always, I had fun creating, and I do a lot of it with my other "farms" without crops. Maybe I could call them my "properties"...lol...Maybe during a future contest there will be within the rules..."no crops"....who knows. And that will be fun too. Whatever the outcome, the end result has always been to visit those beautiful farms. I like to visit them in full screen. Just awesome.

rgdollmom54
Oct 07 2014, 11:50 AM
I too have a question about the contests. There is amazing talent out there; those that really do like a graphic art design, rather than making a farm. Does that make sense? I feel I'm pretty creative, but always sigh when I see the dramatic graphic art displays. To 'me', it just doesn't feel right and always far exceed what I can do. I do farms, not graphic art displays.(And for those who 'do' graphic arts, please don't be offended, they're beautiful; I enjoy seeing all the talent out there). But maybe the contest should be divided up, like farm scenes, graphic art themes, something like that perhaps?

Black Bunny
Oct 11 2014, 10:33 PM
Heavens! Don't think I want to change any rules...as my farm is already entered! Just a thought I had for NEXT year maybe...around the October/Halloween time...I think dead crops would be awesome :) I thought about a dead corn maze...but the rules stated no wasted crops. It's just an idea :)

Rugged Barbie
Nov 03 2014, 01:24 PM
I too have a question about the contests. There is amazing talent out there; those that really do like a graphic art design, rather than making a farm. Does that make sense? I feel I'm pretty creative, but always sigh when I see the dramatic graphic art displays. To 'me', it just doesn't feel right and always far exceed what I can do. I do farms, not graphic art displays.(And for those who 'do' graphic arts, please don't be offended, they're beautiful; I enjoy seeing all the talent out there). But maybe the contest should be divided up, like farm scenes, graphic art themes, something like that perhaps?

I agree. I can never compete, nor will I, in a contest geared for those who do these graphic art displays. It leaves many of us in the dust. I'll sit back and wait until another contest comes along that I feel is geared towards players who aren't that artistically talented. Or, at least as stated above, a contest divided up into categories. I do look forward to the entries as they will be spectacular.

Rob T
Nov 03 2014, 01:54 PM
I agree. I can never compete, nor will I, in a contest geared for those who do these graphic art displays. It leaves many of us in the dust. I'll sit back and wait until another contest comes along that I feel is geared towards players who aren't that artistically talented. Or, at least as stated above, a contest divided up into categories. I do look forward to the entries as they will be spectacular.

Hi Barbie,

I found that the guides done by seraphina hare really great, and if i can do one, anyone can. I gave them a go... and i really surprised myself. Trust me :)

Seraphina has made them look easy if you follow her instructions :)

I would give it a shot :)

Rob T
Nov 03 2014, 03:35 PM
To clarify the Voting process of the Forum Competitions. With regard to "member voting". We previously tried this, and the result was that many members, used their "influence" to get many of their friends to vote for them, leaving those with less friends, way behind, which meant that it was not necessarily the best farms, that had won. This method proved to be far from fair and "non biased, and is in fact, the sole reason why the competitions were abandoned, nearly two years ago.

The judging of the competition, is monitored by Slashkey, making the results totally unbiased, regardless of any outside influences. Therefore, the way the competitions are judged, WILL remain as it is. Member voting was proved to be very prejudicial and unfair, and this way of deciding the winners of the Forum Competitions, brought about the end of the competitions last time. We do not intend to let the same thing happen again.

Eradani
Nov 03 2014, 05:46 PM
To clarify the Voting process of the Forum Competitions. With regard to "member voting". We previously tried this, and the result was that many members, used their "influence" to get many of their friends to vote for them, leaving those with less friends, way behind, which meant that it was not necessarily the best farms, that had won. This method proved to be far from fair and "non biased, and is in fact, the sole reason why the competitions were abandoned, nearly two years ago.

The judging of the competition, is monitored by Slashkey, making the results totally unbiased, regardless of any outside influences. Therefore, the way the competitions are judged, WILL remain as it is. Member voting was proved to be very prejudicial and unfair, and this way of deciding the winners of the Forum Competitions, brought about the end of the competitions last time. We do not intend to let the same thing happen again.

that's too bad, it would be fun to vote. i do understand how it would be wrecked by cheaters and support your decision (not that you need my support but i thought i'd say so anyways)

Seraphina Warrior
Nov 03 2014, 06:53 PM
that's too bad, it would be fun to vote. i do understand how it would be wrecked by cheaters and support your decision (not that you need my support but i thought i'd say so anyways)

Hi Eradani, Your support is very much appreciated, and we Thank you! :)

firegold flames
Nov 15 2014, 09:47 PM
November feedback contest :

I am happy that some members can show off their tricks and illusions
. I give you my ratings for this contest.

clarifications - 8/10
questions - 7/10
Power of theme title 6.5/10
WOW factor for members 8.5 /10
others i didn't mentioned 6.5/10

littlesallysanctus
Nov 29 2014, 03:59 PM
Some of those farms are absolutely breathtaking!

It's a learning experience to see what everyone is doing~

Just some awesome stuf

Sure wish we had "like" buttons for when we think a farm is great stuf!

firegold flames
Dec 07 2014, 08:56 AM
Here is my rating for December

clarifications - 9/10
questions - 9/10
Power of theme title 9.5/10
WOW factor for members 9.5 /10
others i didn't mentioned 9/10

McBubba
Jan 05 2015, 11:08 PM
I have a question for the Dec contest... As stated:
Once you have entered your farm in to the competition, you may not EDIT your entry in any way shape or form. Your farm MUST look exactly the same as when the competition closes as it did when you entered it. However, you will be able to harvest any crops, trees etc so long as they are back to fully grown and has to be the exact same crop at the close of the competition. If there is a release after you enter you are not allowed to make additions to your entry, so please be sure you are done. If any farm or entry has been modified, you will be disqualified.
I had to edit my farm information, not the farm, so that the link to my farm worked properly... does that disqualify me as I did state the reason as to why I did the edit

Seraphina Warrior
Jan 06 2015, 02:02 AM
I have a question for the Dec contest... As stated:
I had to edit my farm information, not the farm, so that the link to my farm worked properly... does that disqualify me as I did state the reason as to why I did the edit

Hi McBubba, editing for the purposes of adding/correcting a farm link, would not disqualify you, so please don't worry. :)

lavanah
Jan 06 2015, 05:18 PM
Very good job everyone. Congratulations.

Shelley120979
Jan 11 2015, 01:10 PM
Awesome Designs! Totally am going to enter again this month! Thanks for the contest... Now if I can figure this all out as a "new designer" and new to the forum... I'm trying. :) Wish me luck posting. I really had a hard time last month.

Seraphina Warrior
Jan 11 2015, 02:48 PM
Awesome Designs! Totally am going to enter again this month! Thanks for the contest... Now if I can figure this all out as a "new designer" and new to the forum... I'm trying. :) Wish me luck posting. I really had a hard time last month.

Hi Shelley120979, We're so pleased to hear that you are entering once more. I'm sure you will do just great, and Good Luck :)

EZ Duzzit
Jan 18 2015, 07:16 AM
Is the use of cross-stitch patterns or graphs permissible in these competitions? Someone asked me, and I said I didn't think it was since it is using copyrighted images/designs for the purpose of winning a contest. It says nothing in the rules about it, so could someone enlighten me, please?

Seraphina Warrior
Jan 18 2015, 03:57 PM
Is the use of cross-stitch patterns or graphs permissible in these competitions? Someone asked me, and I said I didn't think it was since it is using copyrighted images/designs for the purpose of winning a contest. It says nothing in the rules about it, so could someone enlighten me, please?

Hi EZ Duzzit, We have had many farms entered, which are what we call "picture farms" or indeed had areas of a farm that are a "picture". There is no way for us to know whether a graph/cross stitch has been used, or if it has been done freehand, from a picture that was used for inspiration. As we know, many designers, use pictures as "inspiration" and to try and distinguish one from the other, would be impossible. The only way for us to regulate this type of farm , would be to exclude picture farms from all future competitions, and that is not an option at this present time. Therefore ,I can only say, that unless it is stipulated otherwise in the present competition, as an exclusion, then farms of this nature, are fine to enter. Have a great day! :)

Donna Fornal
Jan 20 2015, 12:14 PM
Hi Rob,
I have tried several times ( 9) to get my entry on the Forum, but am unable to get the picture to appear. I have the Link * the URL posted...but the picture will not come up. Can you please help me get it posted
I have cleaned the cache several times but is didn't help.
Thank you in advance.
Donna

marymarcel
Jan 20 2015, 12:32 PM
Hi Rob,
I have tried several times ( 9) to get my entry on the Forum, but am unable to get the picture to appear. I have the Link * the URL posted...but the picture will not come up. Can you please help me get it posted
I have cleaned the cache several times but is didn't help.
Thank you in advance.
Donna

Hi Donna:)

Rob is not around at this moment, but your photo is fixed.:)

mumytheone
Feb 02 2015, 03:02 AM
Hello!
I applaud the idea of ​​creating two categories , because there are always more experienced players and others who are just beginning . And it is not fair competition between them for some and for others as well .... My congratulations to the team of organizers !!
just add that this January the papers have been impressive !! the jury is very difficult !!!! Luck !!
forgive my bad English traslate i 'm using is not very reliable !:)

sandee parlor
Feb 05 2015, 06:13 PM
sorry I have to comment even if it means I am removed from the Forum as a player I absolutely do not understand the rules which of course eventually becomes the judges choices of winners in regards to the first and second place and the use of stacked blocks my understanding from reading the rules is that it is a no go zone ...

sandee parlor
Feb 05 2015, 06:20 PM
and the other thing is I understood it has to represent the entire movie not just like 1st and second place a scene from the movie... sure would like an explanation because I am lost to know how to 'dechiper' and apply the rules

Ashlar Lady
Feb 05 2015, 06:28 PM
and the other thing is I understood it has to represent the entire movie not just like 1st and second place a scene from the movie... sure would like an explanation because I am lost to know how to 'dechiper' and apply the rules

Hi Sandee, I will quote the rules for you, they are:-

"You can use any item from the store or gifts.
Your farm can be any size.
You are free to design your farm in whichever way you choose, but please keep in mind that while tricks and illusions can be amazing, it does not necessarily follow that they will give the best feeling of the Movie that you have chosen.
Items can be overhanging the farm boundary, but also keep in mind that this can be very unattractive and could actually prove to be detrimental to your entry."

As you can see there were no exclusions for this competition. Also , if you visit the farms, you will see other area's besides the main picture, which depict other elements of the movie. Therefore, I'm sure you would like to join us in congratulating the winners, as they did indeed , do an amazing job

sandee parlor
Feb 05 2015, 06:58 PM
yes I see those rules and understand them,however I was referring to the forums decision of block by block entries and their decision was 'not accepting them for now...'to my understand of it any....and yes I congratulate any winner and my questions do not take that away from them I just wanted an understanding of the decision made by the forum. So now I understand we can all down load graphs online and just do block by block entries and submit them as our designs and of course just add a few farm buildings around the place to make up a picture....that should make designing alot easier...I did a block by block entry once but it was my own pattern/design that I drew and create from my own brain...a whole different story..the superman entry can be seen as a graph and downloaded on line I might add...

Seraphina Warrior
Feb 05 2015, 07:06 PM
yes I see those rules and understand them,however I was referring to the forums decision of block by block entries and their decision was 'not accepting them for now...'to my understand of it any....and yes I congratulate any winner and my questions do not take that away from them I just wanted an understanding of the decision made by the forum. So now I understand we can all down load graphs online and just do block by block entries and submit them as our designs and of course just add a few farm buildings around the place to make up a picture....that should make designing alot easier...I did a block by block entry once but it was my own pattern/design that I drew and create from my own brain...a whole different story..the superman entry can be seen as a graph and downloaded on line I might add...

Hi Sandee, I have moved your posts to the Feedback section, as the Winners thread is purely for those who wish to congratulate the winners. There has never been a decision to not accept what you refer to as "block by block". I believe that we eliminated picture farms of any nature, for one competition. As I have previously stated on an earlier post, we have had many farms entered, which are what we call "picture farms" or indeed had areas of a farm that are a "picture". There is no way for us to know whether a graph/cross stitch has been used, or if it has been done freehand, from a picture that was used for inspiration. As we know, many designers, use pictures as "inspiration" and to try and distinguish one from the other, would be impossible. As you have stated, you yourself, have created a picture farm, and by the same respect, we would not be able to determine whether you used a graph, or whether it was done "freehand". The only way for us to regulate this type of farm , would be to exclude picture farms from all future competitions, and that is not an option at this present time. Have a wonderful evening :)

sandee parlor
Feb 05 2015, 08:59 PM
well yes" its not an option at the moment" as you say to eliminate block by block ....all I was saying is that I find the whole rules and conditions and requirements and if not actually written in the rules, then stated elsewhere by the forum,what is expected and because its stated its difficult to decipher if the entry is done freehand or copied block by block ...so that reads like its not acceptable...... then blow me down if 1st and second prize aren't done block by block???? just trying to work out what is acceptable throughout the competition from start to finish.

Taz D
Feb 05 2015, 09:14 PM
well yes" its not an option at the moment" as you say to eliminate block by block ....all I was saying is that I find the whole rules and conditions and requirements and if not actually written in the rules, then stated elsewhere by the forum,what is expected and because its stated its difficult to decipher if the entry is done freehand or copied block by block ...so that reads like its not acceptable...... then blow me down if 1st and second prize aren't done block by block???? just trying to work out what is acceptable throughout the competition from start to finish.
Hi Sandee,
The rules for each contest are clearly stated. Pictures have only been left out of 1 contest. Since that time they have been allowed and they can use anything available in Farm Town. No where has it been said that the pictures can not be block by block. Your questions have been answered.

Kimmie H
Feb 06 2015, 11:58 AM
Well here is my 2 cents worth how can superman win 1st place when it is all crates design (painting by numbers) block by block when they was other designs that was way better then that one. I just dont get the voting style as a lot thought it was suppose to be the whole movie not just one or 2 parts of the movie. To me it is very unfair to the ones that work really hard on the designs....

Taz D
Feb 06 2015, 12:16 PM
Well here is my 2 cents worth how can superman win 1st place when it is all crates design (painting by numbers) block by block when they was other designs that was way better then that one. I just dont get the voting style as a lot thought it was suppose to be the whole movie not just one or 2 parts of the movie. To me it is very unfair to the ones that work really hard on the designs....
Hi Kimmie,
The voting was done independently by 8 moderators and helpers. You may not agree with our choices, but that is what we saw as the best. There is only so much that can be done for some movies and we took into account that fact. I am sorry you don't agree but that was our choices and are final.

AussieGecko
Feb 06 2015, 07:12 PM
This feedback will not become a bashing of the moderators or the contests.

I don't believe that people are using this thread as an opportunity to "bash" the moderators or the contests. I believe they, like me, are confused at the choices of farms that are winning. Perhaps this can be addressed by including a comment of why that particular farm was chosen to be a winner. For example, how it met the criteria or why it was found appealing. This will also serve to help others give their farms a better chance of winning a prize.

Taz D
Feb 06 2015, 07:32 PM
I don't believe that people are using this thread as an opportunity to "bash" the moderators or the contests. I believe they, like me, are confused at the choices of farms that are winning. Perhaps this can be addressed by including a comment of why that particular farm was chosen to be a winner. For example, how it met the criteria or why it was found appealing. This will also serve to help others give their farms a better chance of winning a prize.
Hi AussieGecko,
That would not be possible as each of the 8 judges have their own method of choosing their picks. Just like any contest you may not agree with the judges choices, but those decisions are the individual judges choices and when the votes are totalled then that is how the places are determined. We do not discuss our choices. We individually vote and and the votes are totalled to determine the winners.
This will be the last post answered about the voting. The voting is done in a fair manner and no one judge can determine the outcome of the vote. Any further posts about it will be deleted.

AussieGecko
Feb 06 2015, 07:42 PM
Hi AussieGecko,
That would not be possible as each of the 8 judges have their own method of choosing their picks. Just like any contest you may not agree with the judges choices, but those decisions are the individual judges choices and when the votes are totalled then that is how the places are determined. We do not discuss our choices. We individually vote and and the votes are totalled to determine the winners.
This will be the last post answered about the voting. The voting is done in a fair manner and no one judge can determine the outcome of the vote. Any further posts about it will be deleted.

Sorry Taz, I was trying to be constructive and giving "feedback" which is what I thought this thread was about. I have not attacked anyone nor have I attacked your way of voting. Merely suggested something that could be included when you publish the winners. Anyway. Enough said. Have a good day. :)

Taz D
Feb 06 2015, 07:47 PM
Sorry Taz, I was trying to be constructive and giving "feedback" which is what I thought this thread was about. I have not attacked anyone nor have I attacked your way of voting. Merely suggested something that could be included when you publish the winners. Anyway. Enough said. Have a good day. :)
Hi AussieGecko,
I understand what you are saying, but there isn't any way to do what you asked. If it was 1 person judging the contest that would be different, but when you havee 8 judges you have 8 different reasons why they made their choices. I appreciate your calm and objective question and feedback.
You have a good day too. :)

firegold flames
Feb 06 2015, 09:26 PM
I haven't given my ratings for Jan Contest; here is it:

Here is my rating for January contest

clarifications - 5/10
questions - 5/10
Power of theme title 8/10
WOW factor for members 8/10
others i didn't mentioned 4/10

Larry Greenslate
Feb 09 2015, 06:57 PM
Pardon me if I missed this being requested previously. I would like to see some examples of what others are doing for Quest Farms. I suggest a Best Quest Farm Contest.

boduke66
Feb 22 2015, 02:34 AM
Hi everyone. I am happy to open the February contest. Time for those Valentine's Day designs. Good luck to all who enter. :)

Entry number 39 has been altered,compare their farm now with the photo they entered into the contest,a volation of the rules,just thought i'd bring this to your attention.

Seraphina Warrior
Feb 22 2015, 03:27 AM
Entry number 39 has been altered,compare their farm now with the photo they entered into the contest,a volation of the rules,just thought i'd bring this to your attention.

Hi boduke66, I've moved your post to the "competition feedback" thread. I have checked this entry and there doesn't appear to be any changes. :)

kay wadley
Feb 24 2015, 09:22 PM
beautiful design

Shelley120979
Mar 01 2015, 10:07 PM
I could not get an image of my farm I tried using the camera and then screen shot the image so that I could post it on the forum. It just seems to work better that way for me (easier) and it constantly said... Redirecting... I believe, but I knew I was running late.. So I just posted the image that I had. :(

Queen.of.Clutter
Mar 07 2015, 01:52 AM
The Valentine's farms were amazing ! I enjoyed looking at each and every one of them. I do have a question though .... how do you determine 'Novice' - as opposed to 'Advanced'??

john5555
Mar 10 2015, 01:51 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10986907_10202502122192659_6276372006722547709_o.j pg

Farm 2
John Bannister http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1783271306&farm_ix=1

marymarcel
Mar 10 2015, 01:58 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10986907_10202502122192659_6276372006722547709_o.j pg

Farm 2
John Bannister http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1783271306&farm_ix=1

Hi John:)

You need to post your farm in the contest thread in the following link

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611050

Also be sure to follow the instructions to post your photo http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601230

Queen.of.Clutter
Mar 12 2015, 06:27 PM
The Valentine's farms were amazing ! I enjoyed looking at each and every one of them. I do have a question though .... how do you determine 'Novice' - as opposed to 'Advanced'??

*sigh*

How are "Novice" and "Advanced" differentiated ?

Seraphina Warrior
Mar 13 2015, 01:37 PM
*sigh*

How are "Novice" and "Advanced" differentiated ?

Hi Queen.of.Clutter, there are a lot of aspects taken into consideration when entering farms into each category. I cannot go into too much detail as what we don't want is people "Under designing", in order to enter the Novice Category, when they are capable of a lot more. This would not be fair to those in that category. The competitions have now been around for a while, and for the most part, it is now very apparent, as to those who are advanced and those who are not, and as such they are entered into the relevant category. For those who are new to entering, then there are many steps that we take, to ensure that they are entered into the correct category, such as visiting farms and taking a look at other farms, that each entrant may have designed in the past. This gives a very good idea, as to each persons capabilities. There is also the design forum to take into account, and again, it is very apparent, as to any members who may have used this forum in order to help them design a farm, and are just in the process of learning.

Queen.of.Clutter
Mar 14 2015, 03:01 AM
Hi Queen.of.Clutter, there are a lot of aspects taken into consideration when entering farms into each category....... etc ... etc ....

Thank you SO MUCH for answering my question ! I do appreciate that you took the time to do that. I searched all of the threads to find an answer, yet the answers were quite vague. I am glad the judges take the time to look at the other farms ... many who would claim 'Novice' are actually NOT ... and one cannot go by levels ... I am topped out on levels, yet could not make a box if my life depended on it ! LOL !

I am so very glad that research is put into it .... I would hate to see someone win in the 'Novice' category, and actually be quite adept.

Thank you again for taking the time to answer my question !

Seraphina Warrior
Mar 14 2015, 06:48 AM
Thank you SO MUCH for answering my question ! I do appreciate that you took the time to do that. I searched all of the threads to find an answer, yet the answers were quite vague. I am glad the judges take the time to look at the other farms ... many who would claim 'Novice' are actually NOT ... and one cannot go by levels ... I am topped out on levels, yet could not make a box if my life depended on it ! LOL !

I am so very glad that research is put into it .... I would hate to see someone win in the 'Novice' category, and actually be quite adept.

Thank you again for taking the time to answer my question !

You are so very welcome Queen.of.Clutter. Just a suggestion, but maybe take a bit of time to visit our Design Forum, where we have many step by step guides, showing you how to achieve some elements of design (including a box)., and if you needed a little extra help, we are always on hand. Something to think about maybe! ;) Have a wonderful day!

bellaweasel
Mar 23 2015, 03:31 PM
Hell, maybe you have done a portrait contest already. I can't find a post that lists all the past contests.

I think it would be great to do a contest for using any farm items as part of a picture. You could have different categories - portrait of a person, landscape, reproduction of a famous painting, original art, etc

There are some great artists here!

Jazzy415
May 08 2015, 12:54 PM
Congrats to the winners. I have a question, how can someone win twice, once last year, and again this last comp and still be at the same level. The person who won 3rd place in the forum comp this month . She has won twice Aug 2014 ( back to basics ) and May 2015. In August she was at level 177 and is still at that same level this time. This shows me, this is not an active farmer, but maybe a second account to someone. Are second accounts allowed in the contest? Do the mods check on the entries, levels, and if they are active farmers? You would think the Mods who are voting would take care and caution when considering who is a winner, makes one wonder where the FC is really going. This is such a shame, as there are many farmers who are active and are deserving of the Farm Cash, NOT a second account. I would hope you would take my note as a lesson, and not delete it to hide something, but to be more careful when you are considering your entries.
Copied from your own rules : Entries found to have come from second accounts and/or a second forum account will be disqualified. We are able to verify this, through certain avenues, and every entry will go through this verification process, in order to prevent multiple entries, by one person. This is to make things fair for everyone. :confused:

Taz D
May 08 2015, 02:02 PM
Congrats to the winners. I have a question, how can someone win twice, once last year, and again this last comp and still be at the same level. The person who won 3rd place in the forum comp this month . She has won twice Aug 2014 ( back to basics ) and May 2015. In August she was at level 177 and is still at that same level this time. This shows me, this is not an active farmer, but maybe a second account to someone. Are second accounts allowed in the contest? Do the mods check on the entries, levels, and if they are active farmers? You would think the Mods who are voting would take care and caution when considering who is a winner, makes one wonder where the FC is really going. This is such a shame, as there are many farmers who are active and are deserving of the Farm Cash, NOT a second account. I would hope you would take my note as a lesson, and not delete it to hide something, but to be more careful when you are considering your entries.
Copied from your own rules : Entries found to have come from second accounts and/or a second forum account will be disqualified. We are able to verify this, through certain avenues, and every entry will go through this verification process, in order to prevent multiple entries, by one person. This is to make things fair for everyone. :confused:
Hi Jazzy,
Thanks for your question and a chance to again clarify this. The purpose of that rule you quoted is to prevent 2 or more entries from the same person as stated "....in order to prevent multiple entries, by one person."
We do check to make sure that those entering do not have a second forum account, as that is against the TOS of the forum. If that is found then we make sure they have not entered a second entry. That second forum account is then disabled. If they were to make 2 separate entries from 2 forum accounts then both would be disqualified.
Entering a farm from a "secondary" farm is fine as long as they only enter once. Whether they are actively farming the entry farm is not a consideration.

AussieGecko
May 09 2015, 06:40 PM
Reading post #151 has made me very curious. How many times can you win as a 'Novice' before you are moved up to the 'Advanced' section?

If in fact someone is using a secondary account, then a check of the other farms when determining their designing ability, would not reveal whether they are truly a novice or an advanced designer. Perhaps a limit of prize wins in the 'Novice' section would help eliminate this problem.

Taz D
May 09 2015, 07:03 PM
Reading post #151 has made me very curious. How many times can you win as a 'Novice' before you are moved up to the 'Advanced' section?

If in fact someone is using a secondary account, then a check of the other farms when determining their designing ability, would not reveal whether they are truly a novice or an advanced designer. Perhaps a limit of prize wins in the 'Novice' section would help eliminate this problem.
Hi AussieGecko,
The entry in question was not in fact a secondary account nor an inactive player as implied by the post you referred to. This will be the last said about this. The entry was legitimately entered and deemed a winner by the vote of all the judges. The class an entry is placed in is determined by the judges based on the overall work of the individual. If that work does not progress to advanced level then they stay in Novice.
That is all that will be said on this.

corogirl
May 22 2015, 03:33 AM
I am curious as to why I am seeing some very nice farm designs in these contests and I am seeing some simply amazing pictures of farm designs on my home page that are never entered in these contests. I haven't been on here and looked for a while ( not playing much these days) but the standard of the entries is not that great. These new designers really need to see just what can be done by the *true masters* of FT. I was inspired by designers such as Asea and Dork, until I saw their work I had no idea what could be done in this amazing game.

Aussie Rae
Aug 28 2015, 04:05 AM
congrats to all the very clever and inventive people doing these wonderful farms, you have more patience than I will ever have, keep up the great work!!

Rob T
Aug 28 2015, 05:25 AM
congrats to all the very clever and inventive people doing these wonderful farms, you have more patience than I will ever have, keep up the great work!!

Hi Aussie Rae,

I have moved your post to the feedback thread :)

mrsdont
Aug 29 2015, 07:02 AM
this is awesome

Rob T
Aug 29 2015, 08:35 AM
this is awesome

Hi mrsdont,

I have moved your post into the feedback thread :)

ellenaussiefarm
Sep 15 2015, 04:29 AM
just wondering where did the freestyle design forum go and the gallery forum go with the video was going to watch them again and cant see it thanks

marymarcel
Sep 15 2015, 06:09 AM
just wondering where did the freestyle design forum go and the gallery forum go with the video was going to watch them again and cant see it thanks

Hi ellenaussiefarm:)

I'm sorry but the moderator who was handled those forums couldn't continue supporting them any more.

Sorry again for any inconveniences.

Kimmie H
Sep 17 2015, 11:14 AM
Question i notice that a name is no longer listed on the forum have you guys lost a moderator?
thanks...

Jazzy415
Sep 17 2015, 02:22 PM
Hi Kimmie H as marymarcel said, she could no longer support them. If you referring to ( Seraphina Warrior ) she is now a senior member, which explains to me she is no longer a mod. Cheers!

trina531
Sep 18 2015, 09:34 PM
Sad to see the design guides leave! They helped many over the past year.

anglnwhite
Sep 27 2015, 12:53 PM
Hi ellenaussiefarm:)

I'm sorry but the moderator who was handled those forums couldn't continue supporting them any more.

Sorry again for any inconveniences.

Please forgive the frank nature of this question, but does this mean that the forum competitions will be discontinued? I see that all the prior competitions have been removed from the forum.

marymarcel
Sep 27 2015, 04:39 PM
Please forgive the frank nature of this question, but does this mean that the forum competitions will be discontinued? I see that all the prior competitions have been removed from the forum.

Hi anglnwhite:)

The only thing I can tell you is that the moderators and helpers team is working together to continue running the competitions.:)

trina531
Sep 27 2015, 09:12 PM
Thank you to the moderators and the helper's team for working together to continue to running the competitions. I am a long time player and what kept me going and continue to play Farm Town was designing. The first comps that started years ago was caught my eye. I was amazed at what people did to create amazing farms! I was sad when they stopped and was glad that you decided to bring them back. It is my hope that you will be able to continue the comps in SK. Thank you all for all your hard work ..it is not easy but a labor of love for the game.. I hope that the comps will continue! :)

Kimmie H
Sep 27 2015, 10:24 PM
it might be the best thing...

mwyld40
Oct 20 2015, 06:13 PM
The problems with the new version of flash player is having an awful affect on designing my Halloween Farm. The game is so slow it's making it difficult to do anything with my farms. I am wondering if this problem will be taken into consideration with the October contest and perhaps stretch it out a few weeks? I give up. It's almost impossible to work this way!

Mwyld40 (Mom's Farms)

Taz D
Oct 20 2015, 06:17 PM
The problems with the new version of flash player is having an awful affect on designing my Halloween Farm. The game is so slow it's making it difficult to do anything with my farms. I am wondering if this problem will be taken into consideration with the October contest and perhaps stretch it out a few weeks? I give up. It's almost impossible to work this way!

Mwyld40 (Mom's Farms)
Hi Mwyld,
There are still 11 more days in the month. Let's wait and see what happpens between then and now.

caro_gordon
Oct 30 2015, 07:37 PM
I would like to make a suggestion for a change in the categories in the monthly contest here in this forum. I purpose you have 3 categories to make it most fair to all who enter.
1- Realistic
2- Artistic
3- Novice
The first 2 categories were used in the previous competition in this forum run a few years back and the last one was not used then.

Categories Explained

1- Realistic Design ... a farm designed to the scale of what can be bought at the store such as barns, people, trees etc .... some 3D can be done with buildings, bridges , waterfalls etc ... BUT they must fit within the scale of the store bought items. (Slashkey competitions call it a Traditional farm).

2- Artistic Design .... a design done with things from the store to create a picture like a box or a window, a large building and things like a designed flower or birds etc. (Slashkey competitions call it a picture farm)

3- Novice Design ... those designs entered that are not as advanced with designing as the other 2 Categories.

I also think these 3 categories will be easier for the judges to pick winners.

Thank you for letting me make this suggestion :)

Kimmie H
Oct 30 2015, 11:37 PM
I also think this would be a good idea to use, it would make it much easier for the judges to pick the winners from.Hope the Mods gives this idea some thinking on..

Taz D
Oct 30 2015, 11:46 PM
I would like to make a suggestion for a change in the categories in the monthly contest here in this forum. I purpose you have 3 categories to make it most fair to all who enter.
1- Realistic
2- Artistic
3- Novice
The first 2 categories were used in the previous competition in this forum run a few years back and the last one was not used then.

Categories Explained

1- Realistic Design ... a farm designed to the scale of what can be bought at the store such as barns, people, trees etc .... some 3D can be done with buildings, bridges , waterfalls etc ... BUT they must fit within the scale of the store bought items. (Slashkey competitions call it a Traditional farm).

2- Artistic Design .... a design done with things from the store to create a picture like a box or a window, a large building and things like a designed flower or birds etc. (Slashkey competitions call it a picture farm)

3- Novice Design ... those designs entered that are not as advanced with designing as the other 2 Categories.

I also think these 3 categories will be easier for the judges to pick winners.

Thank you for letting me make this suggestion :)

I also think this would be a good idea to use, it would make it much easier for the judges to pick the winners from.Hope the Mods gives this idea some thinking on..
I am sorry this might seem to be a good idea, but we are not expanding the contests. First thing is we are only authorized to award the amount of farm cash we do now and I don't think making the prizes smaller is a good idea.
Second is it would not make it easier for the moderators, but would make it harder as we would have to determine 3 different categories for the entries to be placed in as well as determine more winners. The contest is difficult enough for us to judge and determine winners without expanding it.

caro_gordon
Oct 31 2015, 10:36 AM
I am sorry to hear that this is forum is not authorized to give more FC prizes I did not realize that or think in terms of FC when I made the suggestion. I was only thinking what would be most FAIR to the members entering. I am also sorry that the moderators find that judging the farm contest to be difficult and to determination winners. I do know that the members who enter this contest put a lot of their time and thought into their designs .... tkz Taz D for your prompt answer.

Debbie Lee C
Oct 31 2015, 05:24 PM
I agree with Carolyn and Kim,,but I do understand where you guys are coming from also, but to be honest, judging creative and realistic designs against each other is unfair and have voiced this same opinion in groups for a year or so now, so really it's not a new idea. I read your response and like Carolyn, didn't realize about the prize money, so you know what you can and can't do. I do know that a lot of other farmtown designers feel the same about this as Kim, Carolyn and I, just wanted to voice my opinion on the subject also.

AussieGecko
Oct 31 2015, 06:08 PM
Reading the last few comments has prompted me to respond.

Personally I think having TWO categories is more than enough. Making three is just giving advanced designers an extra chance to win because they are competing against less people in their chosen category. The novices have only one category and that is "novice". So let's keep it as simple and as fair as possible which I think they are doing right now.

Something else to think about are entries being allowed from a secondary account. This is fine provided they state who they really are. The reason for this is that the judges might think they are giving a novice designer a prize when in fact it is an advanced designer using a secondary account. People will do all sorts of things to gain FC.

Hopefully an IP check on all entries might prevent this from happening and meanwhile we should appreciate the fact that there are extra prizes already compared to what it was many years ago. Which reminds me . . . Does SK still have a copy of the old competition threads? I would love to see them again and see how the designs have changed over the years.

Meanwhile if you don't win something, smile and think "there's always the next competition to try in". Happy farming everyone and thank you SK!

memarissa
Dec 28 2015, 12:41 PM
Greetings,
I was disqualified from Dec 2015 contest due to a discrepancy between the farm data & the photo data.

I wanted to see this for myself, and discovered that NOT only did I get disqualified, my post was ELIMINATED completely.

This is an UNFAIR AND illogical practice.

How are people going to learn to check their work to see what went wrong if the work is erased from (public) existence? How would you like to have all your work suddenly gone?

For me it would have been better to stamp it disqualified & leave the post so I could learn to see what you saw.

The animals mentioned also move around... they were not frozen in place.

I have no other reason to be unhappy here.

marymarcel
Dec 28 2015, 12:57 PM
Greetings,
I was disqualified from Dec 2015 contest due to a discrepancy between the farm data & the photo data.

I wanted to see this for myself, and discovered that NOT only did I get disqualified, my post was ELIMINATED completely.

This is an UNFAIR AND illogical practice.

How are people going to learn to check their work to see what went wrong if the work is erased from (public) existence? How would you like to have all your work suddenly gone?

For me it would have been better to stamp it disqualified & leave the post so I could learn to see what you saw.

The animals mentioned also move around... they were not frozen in place.

I have no other reason to be unhappy here.

Hi memarissa:)

I understand you are not happy about the disqualification but we always delete the entries or the moderators and helpers could vote for a disqualified farm. Also, other users will send us reports about the photo is not an exact replica of the farm as the rules state.

This should not be a problem for you to check, as the photo must be in your FarmTown album and you can check it and your farm.

I check every farm and take my own photo when something has been added. If you want, I can send you the photo of your farm posted in the contest and the photo I took when I visited your farm and you will see the holiday animals in the left down corner as I told you by private message.:)

Mischief1
Dec 28 2015, 09:52 PM
Reading the previous post, does this mean if you have animals in your entry and they are not in the same place when you visit you are disqualified? I don't think you can freeze animals.

marymarcel
Dec 29 2015, 06:53 AM
Reading the previous post, does this mean if you have animals in your entry and they are not in the same place when you visit you are disqualified? I don't think you can freeze animals.

Hi Mischief1:)

You have the option to Freeze animals in your preferences (the wrench) and we are able to see if you have this option checked or not.

Every farm is deeply checked. I try to do this as soon as they are posted or when I log into the Forum. If I find something wrong between the photo and the farm then I ask another Administrator to check and then we take a decision.

And if when I visit your farm the animals are not in the same place, you are not disqualified, but we check if they are the same animals and the same amount.:)

Mischief1
Jan 07 2016, 01:07 PM
Thank you, I realized about freezing animals later. A few questions if I may, what criteria do the judges use, what made those winning farms "Christmas" and not winter farms in the advanced section and are any of the judges designers? I ask so I can maybe better understand how the judges do things or what they look for. I'm not in any way criticizing the judges or winning farms. Thanks. :)

marymarcel
Jan 07 2016, 01:37 PM
Thank you, I realized about freezing animals later. A few questions if I may, what criteria do the judges use, what made those winning farms "Christmas" and not winter farms in the advanced section and are any of the judges designers? I ask so I can maybe better understand how the judges do things or what they look for. I'm not in any way criticizing the judges or winning farms. Thanks. :)

Hi Mischief1:)

Every judge use their own criteria when checking and voting farms. All judges visit the farms and get a decission and then post their votes, the 3 farms with more votes for every category are the winners.

I dont consider myself a designer and dont think we have to be designers to judge a farm, but I can tell all of us have enough experience in contests and recognizing the "tricks" used for designing.:)

Mischief1
Jan 08 2016, 04:06 AM
Hi Marymarcel, when I asked if the judges were designers I was hoping there was somewhere I could see their work. Maybe when a judge has some free time they might be able to explain what elements on those farm made them winners, I feel understanding what the judges look for might help me become a better designer. The new comp mazes, says that the flowers have to be in full growth, the design I'm doing needs the flowers to be frozen before they flower, is this going to be a problem if they aren't flowering? Thanks :)

marymarcel
Jan 08 2016, 07:02 AM
Hi Marymarcel, when I asked if the judges were designers I was hoping there was somewhere I could see their work. Maybe when a judge has some free time they might be able to explain what elements on those farm made them winners, I feel understanding what the judges look for might help me become a better designer. The new comp mazes, says that the flowers have to be in full growth, the design I'm doing needs the flowers to be frozen before they flower, is this going to be a problem if they aren't flowering? Thanks :)

Hi Mischief:)

About your flowers, take in mind that your photo must be an exact replica of your farm. So if you are using frozen flowers to design your maze, they need to be frozen at the same state when we visit your farm. But if you place other flowers to decorate other part of your farm,and they are not frozen, then they will have to be full grown when the competition is closed.

As I told you in a previous post, each judge uses their own criteria to judge the farms, and I'm sorry but we cant post here which elements they took in consideration to choose the winners. Hope you could understand.

Mischief1
Jan 08 2016, 03:57 PM
Hi Marymarcel, yes, I believe I understand now. Thank you. :)

cleotanglao
Jan 22 2016, 05:55 AM
I wasn't able to win the forum contest and even disqualified me. There' must be some mistake. Anyway next time try to check everything before making decisions...GODBLESS po xoxo <3

marymarcel
Jan 22 2016, 06:01 AM
I wasn't able to win the forum contest and even disqualified me. There' must be some mistake. Anyway next time try to check everything before making decisions...GODBLESS po xoxo <3

Hi cleotanglao:)

I moved your post to Feedback on contests thread.

We have explained you by private our decision. And when something like this happens 3 administrators check the farms for everthing before taking a decision.

p618cg
Nov 06 2016, 07:34 AM
I entered the Halloween contest but did not win. The winning farms were all great and took a lot of work. But I have a suggestion. How about a third category of winners and it would be pictures. Those people who create pictures or scenes using different items, i.e., crates. It seems to me those are a lot different than farms using all kinds of buildings, decorations, etc.

Taz D
Nov 06 2016, 11:00 AM
I entered the Halloween contest but did not win. The winning farms were all great and took a lot of work. But I have a suggestion. How about a third category of winners and it would be pictures. Those people who create pictures or scenes using different items, i.e., crates. It seems to me those are a lot different than farms using all kinds of buildings, decorations, etc.
Hi p618cg,
I am sorry, but we can not split the categories any further. To do so would split the prizes into smaller amounts as the developers have allowed us a certain amount to use for prizes. To do as you ask would mean we would have 4 categories instead of 2, because you would also need to have Novice and Advanced for pictures and farms. This would make the prizes very small as well as double the amount of deliberation we moderators would have to do to determine the winners.

Blondielee
May 07 2017, 12:36 AM
What constitutes what is novice and what is advanced.

Thank you.

marymarcel
May 07 2017, 11:41 AM
What constitutes what is novice and what is advanced.

Thank you.

Hi Blondielee :)

I'm sorry but we will not go into any detail on which category everyone goes into. If you would like an idea on what kind of designs fit into each category have a look at the previous contest winners.

Blondielee
May 07 2017, 07:27 PM
Hi Blondielee :)

I'm sorry but we will not go into any detail on which category everyone goes into. If you would like an idea on what kind of designs fit into each category have a look at the previous contest winners.
I've look a many months of entries and I'm honestly NOT seeing a specific pattern (other than 'picture' farms are usually advance, but not the only ones in that catergory also in the last contest I would think the 1st place novice was an advanced.

Debbie Lee C
Jun 01 2017, 08:15 PM
I'm asking for you to reconsider your rule of not allowing hiding things like animal sheds, oil pump, factories, services and other similar items in these groups. I don't know if this has been suggested already or not, there are to many suggestions to go tho to find one. Anyway,, for instance, there can be ONLY ONE shed per farm, and after getting it full of animals, it's not an easy chore to more it, and then we have to have a farm that don't already have one on it, and that is very unlikely . There are other items that are the same way, such as oil pumps, mineral mines, etc that only one is allowed per farm and like the oil pumps, a farmer dang near needs one on every farm to get by for their work load. Not being able to hide these ugly things on a design to be entered in a contest is a disgrace to the design. Thank your for reading my suggestion and truly hope you might reconsider the rule

Taz D
Jun 01 2017, 08:29 PM
I'm asking for you to reconsider your rule of not allowing hiding things like animal sheds, oil pump, factories, services and other similar items in these groups. I don't know if this has been suggested already or not, there are to many suggestions to go tho to find one. Anyway,, for instance, there can be ONLY ONE shed per farm, and after getting it full of animals, it's not an easy chore to more it, and then we have to have a farm that don't already have one on it, and that is very unlikely . There are other items that are the same way, such as oil pumps, mineral mines, etc that only one is allowed per farm and like the oil pumps, a farmer dang near needs one on every farm to get by for their work load. Not being able to hide these ugly things on a design to be entered in a contest is a disgrace to the design. Thank your for reading my suggestion and truly hope you might reconsider the rule
Hi Debbie Lee C,
I am sorry, but the rule about not having anything hidden for the picture has been in place since the contests began and will not be changed. It has been stated in the rules for every contest, "Your farm photo must be an exact replica of your farm. Do not hide ANYTHING to take your photo." When we go to look at the farms for judging we need to see exactly the same as in the picture for the contest, not suddenly see a building show up. We do not judge the farms from the picture, but we judge them from the farm itself. This is why we require a link to that farm and that everything on the farm is in the picture.
If you have a shed or facility on the farm then be sure it is in the picture or hidden behind or under something else so it isn't seen.

Debbie Lee C
Jun 02 2017, 12:30 AM
I had just suggested the hide rule in designing be reconsidered. I do believe that I misunderstood it. You are saying we CAN hide animals sheds and the likes BEHIND items in a design, such as trees, mountains, buildings in the design, right? You are saying we can not hit the hide button to make a shed or item disappear in a pic taken in the farm design picture, right? If this is the case, I'm so embarrassed that I misunderstood that rule, my thoughts when I read that rule was we could not hide items behind other items at all. I don't want to sound any dumber then I have been on this rule, but just want to make sure I have it right now for later contest.

Taz D
Jun 02 2017, 01:01 AM
I had just suggested the hide rule in designing be reconsidered. I do believe that I misunderstood it. You are saying we CAN hide animals sheds and the likes BEHIND items in a design, such as trees, mountains, buildings in the design, right? You are saying we can not hit the hide button to make a shed or item disappear in a pic taken in the farm design picture, right? If this is the case, I'm so embarrassed that I misunderstood that rule, my thoughts when I read that rule was we could not hide items behind other items at all. I don't want to sound any dumber then I have been on this rule, but just want to make sure I have it right now for later contest.
Hi Debbie Lee C,
Yes that is correct. As long as we don't see something different between the picture and the actual farm when we go to check it. If you hide a shed or facility completely behind or under something so it is completely hidden (don't think trees will work for that) then there is no way for us to know it is there.

The main thing with the rule is do not have any of the Show items unchecked in your preferences when you take the picture. When we go to look at the farms we have all of those checked. If a building/faciliy/shed shows on the farm and not in the picture then that is grounds for disqualification.

GeeKeeper
Jun 05 2017, 03:33 PM
From looking at the contest results the advanced category is Artistic making things out of flowers, trees and decorations. The Novice is Realistic using the themed decorations Farm town provides. This surprised me.

Personally I think I am going to wait until I am better at design myself before trying again, Found someone willing to teach me how to do it. So in a few months or a year after I know what I am doing (no longer on the Novice side of Advanced). Until then I do not stand a chance LOL

GeeKeeper
Sep 30 2017, 06:32 PM
it is 430 in the afternoon on 9/30. I just went to post my entry and the contest was closed :( What gives? What time zone are we to go by??? I worked so hard for nothing it seems.

marymarcel
Sep 30 2017, 06:41 PM
it is 430 in the afternoon on 9/30. I just went to post my entry and the contest was closed :( What gives? What time zone are we to go by??? I worked so hard for nothing it seems.

Hi GeeKeeper :)

I'm sorry but as it is stated in the contest's thread, September contest is closed on September 30th at midnight and all times are GMT.

We hope you will continue showing your farms in the next competition for October. :)

GeeKeeper
Sep 30 2017, 07:11 PM
Ok it is just passed midnight there so my post at 1130 should have gone through according to the world clock.

Guess you closed early

Time now is:

Phoenix, AZ
5:09:34 PM
Saturday 30th September 2017

GMT

12:09:34 AM
Sunday 1st October 2017

Taz D
Sep 30 2017, 07:35 PM
Ok it is just passed midnight there so my post at 1130 should have gone through according to the world clock.

Guess you closed early

Time now is:

Phoenix, AZ
5:09:34 PM
Saturday 30th September 2017

GMT

12:09:34 AM
Sunday 1st October 2017
Hi GeeKeeper,
The contest was closed at 11:59 PM GMT. Did you forget about the Daylight Savings Time for your own time zone? GMT time does not use daylight savings.

GeeKeeper
Sep 30 2017, 08:02 PM
neither does AZ we do not use Daylight Savings

GeeKeeper
Sep 30 2017, 08:04 PM
thats why I posted the time stamp

Taz D
Sep 30 2017, 08:17 PM
thats why I posted the time stamp
Hi Geekeeper,
You can see the timestamp on the last post in the Contest thread which is posted just before the thread is closed. If you have your forum account set to show your time zone then you can see that it was closed at 1 minute before midnight (5:00 PM your time) and not 30 minutes before. Your time zone is 7 hours behind thus the closing time for you is 5:00 PM.
I am sorry you missed the deadline, but we can not make any exceptions. The opening and closing times are always at midnight GMT. I do recommend that you not wait until the last minute to post your entries.

GeeKeeper
Sep 30 2017, 08:27 PM
then why was I not able to submit it at 425 my time and it said closed then????

GeeKeeper
Sep 30 2017, 08:31 PM
it was not quite 1130 gmt makes no sense you closed an hour early, my loss though I know but still it was not 5pm my time I still had another half hour

Taz D
Sep 30 2017, 08:32 PM
then why was I not able to submit it at 425 my time and it said closed then????
Hi GeeKeeper,
What error message did you get when you tried to post? It could be that you timed out for posting in the forum if you took a longer time to post it. You can prevent that from happening if you will check the box to "Remember Me" when you go to log in. That will keep you from getting the error messages when posting. I assure you the thread was not closed until midnight GMT.

GeeKeeper
Sep 30 2017, 08:44 PM
you must have closed at 11 (sigh) I had heard the contest closed early sometimes ... I believe it because I have now experienced it as well as a few friends who were encouraging me to go ahead and post even though I only had a half hour saw what happened

Taz D
Sep 30 2017, 08:54 PM
you must have closed at 11 (sigh) I had heard the contest closed early sometimes ... I believe it because I have now experienced it as well as a few friends who were encouraging me to go ahead and post even though I only had a half hour saw what happened
Hi GeeKeeper,
The contest was closed at the correct time. I am sorry you didn't get to add your entry, but we do not close that contest early.

lynnetimpeiro@msn.com
Dec 19 2017, 12:55 AM
Kind of a suggestion here. How about putting in a rule about copying someone else's farm and entering it as your own? I'm just curious because with the exception of 1 or 2 things someone has entered a duplicate of a friend of mine's farm that she did last year. The things that are changed are minimal; the balance is exactly the same. Just thinking you might want to add that as a rule in order to "protect" the designer's work.

marymarcel
Dec 19 2017, 05:02 AM
Kind of a suggestion here. How about putting in a rule about copying someone else's farm and entering it as your own? I'm just curious because with the exception of 1 or 2 things someone has entered a duplicate of a friend of mine's farm that she did last year. The things that are changed are minimal; the balance is exactly the same. Just thinking you might want to add that as a rule in order to "protect" the designer's work.

Hi lynnetimpeiro :)

This is a very sensitive subject and rears its ugly head every now and again, sometimes due to just thoughtlessness on the designers’ behalf that they didn’t think to ask permission to copy a design. There are those that are very protective of their designs and others who offer their farms up for inspiration or allow copying of a design and are honoured to think someone else thought their design so great that they wanted to create it for themselves, thereby inspiring others.

Over the years every now and then we get complaints that someone has copied another person’s farm design and they expect, demand even, that the forum moderators do something about it, especially when it comes to the contests run here.

Let us be very clear here. Once you post your farm link, whether it be here in the forum, on your own wall, in a group, that then makes your farm accessible by anyone who can see it to go to any of your farms that are not private. They then can, if they choose, copy your design without asking your permission. The ideal thing to happen would be that if someone wants to copy your design, they should at the very least, out of courtesy, ask your permission, particularly if they want to enter it into any contest, here or in groups. However, they do not always do this and there is nothing stopping them from doing it if your farm is not private. There is no copyright for any of your farm designs.

It has also been said that we can prove who designed a farm first. This is not true. There is nothing in your farm data that will tell us when a farm was designed or in fact who designed it. A post on the forum may only prove you were the first to post the picture, not that you designed it first. The same goes for Facebook pictures and with those, anyone can go to anyone’s farm and take a photo and then, as long as they have your farm link and the farm is not private, design a farm and enter it into a contest at a later date. As stated before, if your link is public, wherever it is, anyone can get to your farm to copy from you. Someone could design a farm, never post it on the forum or take a picture (or have it go missing or delete it), then someone else could visit their farm, copy that design and claim it was theirs because they posted a picture first, when in fact that wasn’t true. There is no way to know with absolute certainty who designed what or when.

We don’t ask members to go search all the old contest threads to make sure they are not copying anyone else’s design simply because for the most part they would find it too time consuming and the old pictures do go missing so this is not possible. Pictures on the forum, particularly from Facebook, go missing all the time, sometimes due to the owner changing the privacy of the photo, sometimes because the link breaks and sometimes just down to the age of the photo. When this happens, you have no way of knowing if someone has already designed something previously as you can no longer see the image. The only images that are permanent on the forum are the ones used to help people on the forum, for example, the Game Guide, and the winner’s photos for contests. Winners photos for contests are posted without farm links so they cannot be visited.

We always prefer designers to come up with original designs for the contest, that we have never seen before. Originality is always best. We do appreciate that some like to use cross stitch patterns and photos to help them design and it could be that in those instances designs could end up very similar if not identical in some circumstances. There will also be those times that someone does have permission to copy a design and enter it into a contest.

Having explained our position when it comes to copying and that we cannot with absolute certainty prove one way or another who designed what first, I hope you will understand why there will never be a rule to prevent someone copying another’s designs. We prefer that people do not copy others designs for the purpose of entering into a contest, but this is not something we can prevent either.

lynnetimpeiro@msn.com
Dec 19 2017, 11:25 AM
Thank you Mary. I understand it now. I'm not a designer; have no artistic ability at all, but just when I saw this one woman's farm that I knew (it is one of my favorite designs), it made me wonder how someone could do that. Again, thank you for your time in explaining all of this to me. I wish you and the other moderators (and families) a very happy and blessed Christmas.

Auntie Al
Jun 23 2018, 01:20 PM
So sad to hear you are discontinuing the farm decorating contests on a monthly basis. I just noticed your announcement in this months rules. I am sure the contests are a lot of work for the judges, just know we have appreciated your efforts. Thanks for liking my farms, it has been great fun and a welcome opportunity to earn Farm Cash.