PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- August 14th, 2014

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Aug 14 2014, 11:08 AM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Changes at the end of this post. Last info posted on September 2nd, 5:00PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 32 New Decorations:

5 Produce Sacks, 13 Flying Birds and 6 Decorative Mushrooms -> Farm Decor Category
5 Trees in Pots -> Other Category
3 Mud Patches -> Paths Category

2. 40 x 40 Farm Expansions for farms 6 - 10: 30 FarmCash OR 20,000,000,000 coins

3. 3 New Crops, Blue Agave, Honeydew and Parsnip: Some of them will be used in Facilities in the near future.

4. 12 x 12 tools: The Seeder and the Harvest-Plant Combine are now available in 12x12 mode, this will allow you to perform farming operations over 144 fields at a time.

5. Dan 7 for Fish

6. Cooperative Quests (coming in abount 2 weeks): These new Quests will be all about interacting with your friends, there are still a few details to decide but so far here is the plan:

- They will be completely separate from the current Quests and will have it's own Cooperative Quest Manager
- The owner must always complete the last Quest step by itself and complete the rest of the Quest steps by interacting and cooperating with the quests of their friends
- The owner can request help on up to N steps per Quest
- A friend will be able to help you on a certain amount of steps per Quest
- When you help a friend on a Quest step you may also be helping you at the same time in some of your Quest steps
- The picture of the friend who helped you in a particular Quest step will be shown on the Quest step
- When visiting friends we will show the Cooperative Quest icon at the bottom so you can open his/her Cooperative Quest Manager and offer your help
- In the first release the rewards will be only coins until we fine tune the system, later on we will offer Farm Cash prizes as well
- In future releases we will also offer a way to post in your wall announcing that you need help in your Cooperative Quests

7. Honey Derivatives Factory (FC): Produces Honey Derivatives.

Honey Butter
Blood Pressure Fixer
Health Booster Tonic
Immune Booster Syrup
Facial Hair Removal
Facial Bar
Sensitive Skin Cream
All Skin Cream

8. Dental Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Dental Supplies.

Impression Tray
Dental Cotton Rolls
Dental Cups
Dental Tools
Dental Anatomy Print
Dental Bridge
Spit Bowl
Material Mixer Bowl

9. Honey Store (FC): Provides Honey Derivatives Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Honey Derivatives Factory.

10. Dental Clinic (Coins): Provides Dental Care Services and can be stocked with products from the Dental Supplies Factory.

11. New Products on existing facilities:

Royal Jelly, Propolis and Honeycomb in the Bee Farm.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - August 16th, 2:30AM EST

- Added belt and dans for the 3 new crops launched on these release.

Post Release Updates - September 2nd, 5:00PM EST

- The cooperative quests is taking more time than expected, we should have the first version completed by sometime next week.

Fred Bee
Aug 14 2014, 11:11 AM
cool, so glad to see the new release

Fred Bee, gentleman farmer

whosyou?
Aug 14 2014, 11:23 AM
2nd..wow..not expecting one till next week.rock on

Janice Ligon
Aug 14 2014, 11:26 AM
I just bought the new 12x12 seeder and it is not to be found on my farm or storage. This is a FC item. I want the problem fixed please.

FarmerWitch
Aug 14 2014, 11:31 AM
Thank you! Off to investigate!

JW2009
Aug 14 2014, 11:32 AM
Thank you very much :)

blurom
Aug 14 2014, 11:33 AM
You never disappoint this Farmer... Thank You!!

Lee Ann
Aug 14 2014, 11:34 AM
Thanks:p for all you all put into this game to make it so much fun !

ceciliawells33
Aug 14 2014, 11:41 AM
ty ty ty xxx :D

jmdoda4438@comcast.net
Aug 14 2014, 11:43 AM
Thank you!!!!

Dutch85
Aug 14 2014, 11:47 AM
WOW! I left FT to do a few chores around the house and came back to a new release! No more chores for me today!!!!!! Awesome update Raul! Thank you SO much!

mac16129
Aug 14 2014, 11:50 AM
Thank you for another fantastic update from the marvelous minds of our awesome developers.

marymarcel
Aug 14 2014, 11:54 AM
I just bought the new 12x12 seeder and it is not to be found on my farm or storage. This is a FC item. I want the problem fixed please.

Hi Janice!

According to your data, your seeder 12x12 is in your storage. Please open your storage, click in Items and set it to Tools. Thank you!:)

gffarmer
Aug 14 2014, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the update. Great as usual!!

SeaJay
Aug 14 2014, 12:08 PM
UH OH!!!!! Belly up. Bring on the Tequila!! Hahaha. Let me buy ya a drink, Raul. :)
Off to go check it all out!

Petuniaflower
Aug 14 2014, 12:19 PM
The 2 shops are cute.Look like they belong in a Swiss Village.:D

DianeCK
Aug 14 2014, 12:30 PM
thank you so much been waiting great new release..

rodneycs
Aug 14 2014, 12:32 PM
We haven't the bulldozer yet for 10 x 10 so why carry on with the 12 x 12?? Even better would be a harvest and delete tool. I see no use at all for the havest and plant tools at all. Still the glitches with load facilities still not fixed for Vanilla Ice Cream, Peace essence, rum have not been fixed.

knolan
Aug 14 2014, 12:41 PM
I would like to see the requirements for the quests changed. I don't think there should be a limit on the number of days. In order to make it fair for everyone, and not just for those who pay real monies to play, but also to allow the beginners the ability to feel like they can compete with their peers. Please, remove the 7 day- 8 quests limit and allow us to collect 2 farmcash when we reach 8 quests completion, regardless of how long it takes someone to finish.

rjohn726
Aug 14 2014, 12:47 PM
Looking good

hurican
Aug 14 2014, 12:49 PM
hi
Thank you for the new release ...... there are a few items that need an increase in production ...... Aluminum an stainless steel sheets .... with the new release .... they each supply 89 an 88 items in facilities ..... the ore supply for each needs to be increased as well .
Kaolin rock, gold nuggets, pile of silver ....... all need to be increased .... with 23 mines ....kaolin rock only produces 15,230 units per week ...... thats used up in one day in facilities ...... we have no other source for these raw materials.
We still need more production on chicken an red meat ......... truck supplies last only 2 days.
I enjoy the game ......its awesome !! .thank you for all your hard work ......... gives me many hrs of serenity.

Earl

GoalieAunt
Aug 14 2014, 12:49 PM
Hi There,

3. 3 New Crops, Blue Agave, Honeydew and Parsnip: Some of them will be used in Facilities in the near future.

Right now the belts are not turned on for the three new crops.:eek: :p

tengunn
Aug 14 2014, 12:52 PM
Thank you for another fantastic release. I don't think I will ever tire of this game.

In response to the comment about removing the days to get the 8 quest for 2 farm cash. I always get the 2 farm cash usually in 8 days, sometimes 9 days. What I do is I don't do the last step of the quest until I have 4 or 5 ready to complete. Some of them expire faster so you have to complete them. This way I always get 2 farm cash.

I love the quest. I think they are so fun.

Thank you again for all your hard work making this game so fun for all of us.

Debi Ryan
Aug 14 2014, 01:14 PM
thank U for the updates....great Birthday gift...whoooyooooo

Vicky Vine
Aug 14 2014, 01:31 PM

bliky
Aug 14 2014, 01:36 PM
Looks great! Thanks devs.

FCM
Aug 14 2014, 01:40 PM
Very nice release. I agree that iron ore needs to be increased in production as well as chicken, honey, silver nuggets and mussel containers. PLEASE increase production of these at least

SeaJay
Aug 14 2014, 02:32 PM
Awwwww. Number 6 sounds completely awesome. I like the idea that you can just visit and have the option to help by opening up the (new) quest manager. YAY. Reasons to interact with our own neighbors more. Love it.

mduby
Aug 14 2014, 02:39 PM
Thank you Raul!! Looks like excitement, challenge, aand a whole lotta fun!!

Qivis
Aug 14 2014, 02:49 PM
Oh goody. More 2 hour items to get my 500 million point goal... oh wait a sec. I just reached that last week! Time for a new goal for the year! Aiming for 750 million by Christmas 2014 then.... :p

JW2009
Aug 14 2014, 02:59 PM
Or ATLEAST Fix The "Trade" lifeline so we can trade anything, not just certain things !I would like to see the requirements for the quests changed. I don't think there should be a limit on the number of days. In order to make it fair for everyone, and not just for those who pay real monies to play, but also to allow the beginners the ability to feel like they can compete with their peers. Please, remove the 7 day- 8 quests limit and allow us to collect 2 farmcash when we reach 8 quests completion, regardless of how long it takes someone to finish.

rockhopper
Aug 14 2014, 03:56 PM
6. Cooperative Quests (coming in abount 2 weeks): These new Quests will be all about interacting with your friends, there are still a few details to decide but so far here is the plan:

- They will be completely separate from the current Quests and will have it's own Cooperative Quest Manager
- The owner must always complete the last Quest step by itself and complete the rest of the Quest steps by interacting and cooperating with the quests of their friends
:confused::confused::confused:- The owner can request help on up to N steps per Quest
- A friend will be able to help you on a certain amount of steps per Quest
- When you help a friend on a Quest step you may also be helping you at the same time in some of your Quest steps
- The picture of the friend who helped you in a particular Quest step will be shown on the Quest step
- When visiting friends we will show the Cooperative Quest icon at the bottom so you can open his/her Cooperative Quest Manager and offer your help
- In the first release the rewards will be only coins until we fine tune the system, later on we will offer Farm Cash prizes as well
- In future releases we will also offer a way to post in your wall announcing that you need help in your Cooperative Quests

:confused:How many steps is N please?

Dave L
Aug 14 2014, 03:57 PM
Right now the belts are not turned on for the three new crops.

Yeah, I just discovered that. When I harvested 9 layered farms of one of them. Oh well.

Taz D
Aug 14 2014, 04:13 PM
:confused:How many steps is N please?
Hi Rockhopper. That has not been determined yet by the developers. When it is actually released then N will be defined.

Lance75231
Aug 14 2014, 04:25 PM
thanks for the updates!!!!

Jean's Farm
Aug 14 2014, 04:27 PM
I would like to see the requirements for the quests changed. I don't think there should be a limit on the number of days. In order to make it fair for everyone, and not just for those who pay real monies to play, but also to allow the beginners the ability to feel like they can compete with their peers. Please, remove the 7 day- 8 quests limit and allow us to collect 2 farmcash when we reach 8 quests completion, regardless of how long it takes someone to finish.

I would like to see the requirements for the quests stay just like they are. This is possible to do. Read the thread on quests and you can figure out how to do it. This is FREE money whether I get a $1 or $2.

This is the only game I play that gives you free money!!!

Thanks for the new update Raul!!!! You rock!!!! :D :) :D :)

crafty chris
Aug 14 2014, 04:31 PM
ooh new toys to play with :)

thanks

Texas Belle
Aug 14 2014, 04:34 PM
The 2 shops are cute.Look like they belong in a Swiss Village.:D

Agree with you, they are really cute.. the new release is great, but no relief as to me spending hours cutting and harvesting trees and flowers.. wish we could have gotten a one click for all of them at one time.. but besides that the guys like always rock... thanks

StoneFace
Aug 14 2014, 04:36 PM

One word.... why???

This is a really good game for a lot of reasons, one of which is the effort required to advance. Would you want to make it "fair" and let new players just have multiple farms and tools and factories, just so they can "compete"??

Personally I would be a little peeved to think that my own efforts and expenditures no longer mattered because now I had to play "fair".

oh... and a new player's "peers" .... are other new players.... and they can compete just fine now.

A new player, at say level 50 with a million coin is not a peer to one who has played for 3,4 or 5 years and accumulated hundreds of factories, tools, etc.

:D

barbara nixon
Aug 14 2014, 04:45 PM
i see u are helping out the people who don't spend money on fc by coming up with the co-operative quests..nice...

JacqV
Aug 14 2014, 04:45 PM
Thanks ! it looks great :)

Sephrenia
Aug 14 2014, 06:17 PM
I'm having a problem with Ingredients requests. On new release, I've tried to ask ingredients 5 times. After 2 times, they said I've done my 5 times. I checked my page, both Highlighted and in the small icon list. I've Highlighted 3 Bonuses for fish and 2 for Ingredients Requests. In small list I've bought 6 buildings and collected 2 FC. The collection of FC was on Tuesday - almost 48 hours ago. The bonuses and ingredients requests counts have not been combined, have they? Please help!

Taz D
Aug 14 2014, 06:27 PM
I'm having a problem with Ingredients requests. On new release, I've tried to ask ingredients 5 times. After 2 times, they said I've done my 5 times. I checked my page, both Highlighted and in the small icon list. I've Highlighted 3 Bonuses for fish and 2 for Ingredients Requests. In small list I've bought 6 buildings and collected 2 FC. The collection of FC was on Tuesday - almost 48 hours ago. The bonuses and ingredients requests counts have not been combined, have they? Please help!
Hi Sephrenia, as far as we know of they haven't been combined. However, the total of 5 for ingredients requests do total up for the past 12 hours so if you did some earlier then those count in your total. You can only do 5 in 12 hours. One other thing is if you click to do one and then cancel it then that also counts as 1 even though you did not complete it.

KojiOrphen
Aug 14 2014, 06:47 PM
Why don't we have Belts on the three new crops?

Sephrenia
Aug 14 2014, 06:50 PM
Hi Sephrenia, as far as we know of they haven't been combined. However, the total of 5 for ingredients requests do total up for the past 12 hours so if you did some earlier then those count in your total. You can only do 5 in 12 hours. One other thing is if you click to do one and then cancel it then that also counts as 1 even though you did not complete it.

I may have clicked on one or more and cancelled. I'll see how it goes. I hadn't had any more than 2 on my page since before Tuesday, though :)

Docperk
Aug 14 2014, 06:53 PM
Thank you for the new update, I had a feeling it would be out yesterday or today and of course it comes out while I am at work. Oh well of to explore the new stuff. :)

Eradani
Aug 14 2014, 07:09 PM
i'd say Thx for the BDay present but you're a day early. on 2nd thought, i already got a BDay greeting from a friend in Oz so... Thx for the BDay present :)

love all the flying birds, especially the detail on the falcon

turbo terry
Aug 14 2014, 07:11 PM
very disappointed there was no Kaolin clay increase - specially since the dental facility will also require more - have 22 open pit mines - couldn't make enough to fill the facilities I already have and you want me to add a facility that wants some - guess you guys are too busy figuring out new quest activity

Farmer-JP
Aug 14 2014, 07:17 PM
Always look forward to the updates, but disappointed no new train cars. Would like to work toward the two trains w 10 cars goal...but not with duplicating cars....

amanda1955
Aug 14 2014, 08:18 PM
I have a problem it wont let my buy the harvest plow sow even though I have the combine harvest plow 12 x 12 it keeps telling i need to buy it. ok fixed it, was combine harvest plant I needed, all good

dnana
Aug 14 2014, 09:38 PM
very disappointed there was no Kaolin clay increase - specially since the dental facility will also require more - have 22 open pit mines - couldn't make enough to fill the facilities I already have and you want me to add a facility that wants some - guess you guys are too busy figuring out new quest activity

The numbers of facilities you have is totally up to you, you don't have to have that many, you know, so you set yourself up for disappointment. I have one of everything and doubles of a few and clay is the least of my problems. The devs can't possibly know what everyone needs because everyone needs something different all the time. They have a plan and we must adjust our world inside theirs. :) Enjoy the update!!

SeniorCornwall
Aug 14 2014, 10:00 PM
Well, I have to agree with the comments around the shortage of many ingredients. I have several time sensitive plants on every farm (Open Pit, Mineral Mine, Bee Farms, Trucks, Fish Farms, Oil Wells). I try and ensure I fill as many factories as I can (part of my challenge :)). But some items are impossible to maintain in the best of times. For example, green barrels - granules - polyester - chicken - meat and on it goes. We keep adding facilities that draw on more of the same items that are already in short supply. There are many ways to resolve this - allow larger production lines (let us buy more items in the time sensitive plants), allow us to have these worked by others, or increase truck limits... Come out with boats that bring in more.... Just do something please...

Love the game - and the work of everyone involved

Just want to plead for increases on items everyone cannot get enough of :)

Thanks.....

macwinter
Aug 14 2014, 11:02 PM
Awesome...Thank you

WendyP57
Aug 14 2014, 11:17 PM
Woohoo.... always like to get new things, keeps the game interesting. thank You for all your efforts to keep farming fun :)

maggiel29
Aug 15 2014, 02:22 AM
There is something wrong with the Ingredient Planner in the facility manager for the DEntal clinic - when I click on the little noteboard icon all i get is this

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10341848_821998401152473_3920916138757243585_n.jpg ?oh=57cae17528c9b96e5443dc02257f1f68&oe=545C261A

Sheepy47
Aug 15 2014, 02:26 AM
I wish we had had an increase in production for the sawmill. I can't get enough oak lumber for my facilities. I see other farmers feel the same as I for other items too.

maggiel29
Aug 15 2014, 02:27 AM
[QUOTE=maggiel29;5860434]There is something wrong with the Ingredient Planner in the facility manager for the DEntal clinic - when I click on the little noteboard icon all i get is this

Bizzarre - it worked just now then I closed the Fac Manager and tried it again and now it doesnt work again! Done all the usual gubbins clearing this that and the other

And what is Royal Jelly used for? It is in the Bee Farm which it uses coins but no obvious use?

And please please can we have the belts enabled for the new crops and some of the facilities that have crept in with no belts :) Thank you for the new update BTW :D

KnightRider
Aug 15 2014, 02:53 AM
There is something wrong with the Ingredient Planner in the facility manager for the DEntal clinic - when I click on the little noteboard icon all i get is this

Bizzarre - it worked just now then I closed the Fac Manager and tried it again and now it doesnt work again! Done all the usual gubbins clearing this that and the other

And what is Royal Jelly used for? It is in the Bee Farm which it uses coins but no obvious use?

And please please can we have the belts enabled for the new crops and some of the facilities that have crept in with no belts :) Thank you for the new update BTW :D

Hello maggie,

It doesn't look like Royal Jelly doesn't have a use right now. Don't know if it will be used in the future or not, only the developers know that.

maggiel29
Aug 15 2014, 03:11 AM
Hello maggie,

It doesn't look like Royal Jelly doesn't have a use right now. Don't know if it will be used in the future or not, only the developers know that.

Thanks KnightRider - I wondered if it was meant to be in the Honey Shop like the Honey Comb. Oh and big congrats as a Mod BTW :)

KnightRider
Aug 15 2014, 03:13 AM
Thanks KnightRider - I wondered if it was meant to be in the Honey Shop like the Honey Comb.

Hi maggie,

Your welcome.

Deanna J. Lloyd
Aug 15 2014, 04:18 AM
OK, So I jumped the gun . Wanted to build up an inventory of those new crops -- especially Agave and Honeydew, since they're short-term crops. Only now I notice there aren't any belt/dan indicators in the store (or under my black belt listing) So, my question is this:

How long will it be before the servers are up to speed computing belts earned for the new crops? And, more importantly, if I have reached brown, black, or even a dan, will the computer give me a chance to post them?

I have harvested 18,930 Blue Agave and 15,246 Honeydew. This does not include the effect of fertilization. I know the short-term crops take a lot more harvests to earn a belt, so maybe I just need to wait and plant some more?

Just wondering. :)

KnightRider
Aug 15 2014, 04:24 AM
OK, So I jumped the gun . Wanted to build up an inventory of those new crops -- especially Agave and Honeydew, since they're short-term crops. Only now I notice there aren't any belt/dan indicators in the store (or under my black belt listing) So, my question is this:

How long will it be before the servers are up to speed computing belts earned for the new crops? And, more importantly, if I have reached brown, black, or even a dan, will the computer give me a chance to post them?

I have harvested 18,930 Blue Agave and 15,246 Honeydew. This does not include the effect of fertilization. I know the short-term crops take a lot more harvests to earn a belt, so maybe I just need to wait and plant some more?

Just wondering. :)

Hello Deanna,

The developers hasn't released the belts/dans for those yet and only the developers know when they will release those.

Deanna J. Lloyd
Aug 15 2014, 04:39 AM
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the update. Always lots of fun new things.

But I must throw in my lot with those who would have increased production of Oak Lumber Piles and Kaolin Clay.

I have 4 trains with the lumber car, plus nine sawmills. I do have two Furniture Factories, two Knitting and Knotting Mills, and two Jewelry Factories, so I do have a somewhat larger than normal demand for Oak Lumber. Right now, I'm only running hammocks since I'm in the negative with them. (Double Luxury Hotels plus the Modern School)

I have two Ceramic Factories and have recently added more Open Pit mines so I think I must have about 14. I've cut back production on just about everything that uses Kaolin Clay, but I doubt I'll catch up anytime soon.

If you take a look at all the products that use Oak Lumber, it's positively frightening! :eek:It took me several hours to figure out what to stop producing so I had enough stock on hand to make what I need most. There are far fewer products that use Kaolin Clay, but still I think this is another production level that needs to be evaluated.

Quite simply, please figure out how much Oak Lumber and Kaolin Clay one might need if they owned only one of each facility that uses these products. Then look at what would be a reasonable capacity. Surely you can't expect someone to put an Open Pit mine and a Sawmill on every farm just to keep up with demand. After all, you DO want us to buy these facilities. At least make it possible for us to feed them.

PLEASE? :)

Deanna J. Lloyd
Aug 15 2014, 04:41 AM
Hello Deanna,

The developers hasn't released the belts/dans for those yet and only the developers know when they will release those.

Thanks, KnightRider. I guess I'll just wait until the belts/dans are released and see where I am.

anneandjuice
Aug 15 2014, 05:26 AM
I don't have time to sit and read all the comments. I have just harvested my flower farm which also has some trees and some of the newer chopped trees. When I finish everything, I used my orange sprinkler to water the farm. It's not showing it as being watered on the farm, neither trees not flowers,but the tab for the farm is showing it as fertilised, watered and irrigated.

But thanks for the update and I love the look of the new facilities.

Anne :)

Jean's Farm
Aug 15 2014, 07:05 AM

Shut down the facilities that use that and let your supply build up. That's what I did. I'm doing it now with petrochemical barrels. You don't have to post everything when you post. And I usually only post once or twice a week. :)

carolann43
Aug 15 2014, 07:16 AM
Can't find where I should put this but in the last two weeks when I go to log in it says update Adobe. I do and it works for that day. The next day it says the same. Does anyone know why this is happenig?

SeniorCornwall
Aug 15 2014, 07:47 AM
On the shortage of items part of the update... (the rest I love :) ) Bigger tools, larger farms (not that into quests)... more crops... all great

But the production level for popular items needs to increase (even if they cost more coins to stock). The production levels were set when there were alot less items that required them... As FarmTown grows and expands (Yes!!!!) we just need to go back and reflect on what is now required - or new facilities should use new products through existing facilities (like the new ones this update).

I think everyone will need to place certain items on every farm (Open Pit, Mineral Mine, Oil Well) simply to stock up these items when they are small so they have them longer. The Banks on every farm will help get coins for those land expansions. And Farm Cash will need to be purchased for Fish Plants and Bee Farm for every farm. Then some facilities will need to be replicated in most farms.

But even this will not meet the needs.

So please adjust....

Momma Woods
Aug 15 2014, 09:13 AM
With the facility mgr. when I change settings to (harvest only, store only, etc.) it does not do that Have to close and re-open fac. mgr to get it to display that way.

Qivis
Aug 15 2014, 09:41 AM
Can't find where I should put this but in the last two weeks when I go to log in it says update Adobe. I do and it works for that day. The next day it says the same. Does anyone know why this is happenig?

I suggest Googling uninstall Adobe Flash Player, following the directions on the official Adobe web site to remove it, and then re-installing it. Hope it helps, Carol Ann.

Qivis
Aug 15 2014, 09:50 AM

I suggest clearing the box for the toilets and brass sink fixtures in the Restroom Supplies Factory and manually creating them every few days instead of on a daily basis with Start All buttons. You may want to look at the help screen for the Kaolin Clay in the mines using the question mark to decide if there is anything else you can do without.

I have started posting my factories for other farmers to help with less frequently as well, Turbo Terry. Otherwise they go through 99% every day and I run out of most of the items provided by the mines!

LoreneC
Aug 15 2014, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the update and new decorative items! Love the flying birds.:)

carolann43
Aug 15 2014, 11:55 AM
why is my Adobe under Google Chrome? I don't use Chrome or is it a different Chrome????

Taz D
Aug 15 2014, 12:30 PM
why is my Adobe under Google Chrome? I don't use Chrome or is it a different Chrome????
Hi Carolann,
I am not sure what you mean "under Chrome." Adobe Flash Player is used in all the browsers to display Farm Town.
This might help with your Flash problem. Try uninstalling your flash player, do not use the windows add/remove as it will not delete all the flash files properly, instead use the uninstaller provided my Adobe. Please use the following link for the uninstaller.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Then reinstall flash using the following link... remember to do this from the browser you intend on using flash on as there are several versions.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Do these steps through the browser you normally use.

beverduster
Aug 15 2014, 01:14 PM
I wish we had had an increase in production for the sawmill. I can't get enough oak lumber for my facilities. I see other farmers feel the same as I for other items too.

we dont need an increase on the saw mill, just plant more trees & cut them every 12 hours

Sheepy47
Aug 15 2014, 02:45 PM
we dont need an increase on the saw mill, just plant more trees & cut them every 12 hours

You obviously missed my point. I have all trees necessary and sawmills on each farm and they cannot keep up the production required to make the lumber piles for the facilities that need them.

farmtownpatty
Aug 15 2014, 02:50 PM

Corolann, Google Chrome is integrated with Adobe Flash, it updates, and is the best browser to use for these games. You can upgrade your Chrome or you can set it automatically. Google Chrome is integrated with Adobe Flash!

KnightRider
Aug 15 2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks, KnightRider. I guess I'll just wait until the belts/dans are released and see where I am.

Hello Deanna,

Your welcome.

max_river
Aug 15 2014, 07:54 PM
One word.... why???

This is a really good game for a lot of reasons, one of which is the effort required to advance. Would you want to make it "fair" and let new players just have multiple farms and tools and factories, just so they can "compete"??

Personally I would be a little peeved to think that my own efforts and expenditures no longer mattered because now I had to play "fair".

oh... and a new player's "peers" .... are other new players.... and they can compete just fine now.

A new player, at say level 50 with a million coin is not a peer to one who has played for 3,4 or 5 years and accumulated hundreds of factories, tools, etc.

:D
well said i agree with you i been playing since all most at day one and i have work hard to get where iam

whosyou?
Aug 15 2014, 08:15 PM
You obviously missed my point. I have all trees necessary and sawmills on each farm and they cannot keep up the production required to make the lumber piles for the facilities that need them.

Are you filling your factories on a daily basis,with multiple of each type?If you are not,then 1 sawmill per farm would give plenty of extra.Making the output higher only makes the game to simple,and requires even less thought.The output is calculated on 1 of each.You need 1380 oak lumber pile to refill..a sawmill outputs 720.2 sawmills would fill them with extra.23 sawmills would give you a huge stockpile.If you have 3x,4x,or 5x the factories that use them...then they do not need to up the count,it means that you learn to manage resources wisely.

Electrox
Aug 15 2014, 09:03 PM
Corolann, Google Chrome is integrated with Adobe Flash, it updates, and is the best browser to use for these games. You can upgrade your Chrome or you can set it automatically. Google Chrome is integrated with Adobe Flash!

While google Chrome is integrated with adobe Flash (it called the Pepperversion) Adobe has been playing with the installer as to install the full version (NPAPI codex) or not. you can not run both the pepperversion and ful version at the same time. One should be disabled (blue) This is like running two quarterbacks on a football field with both grabbing the ball.

since she said she did not use chrome, chrome would not be crashing.
The full version is better than the pepper version, and all you need to do is manage the plug ins and check it often as updates come alone. Having both APAPI Pepper version and the Full Version running is the #1 reason Chrome crashes on Flash plugin. Second reason is Ram.

Deanna J. Lloyd
Aug 16 2014, 05:39 AM
OK, so rather than just fume and complain, I did the math. :D

Here's the SHORT version:

Owning one of each production facility requires 3660 units of Kaolin Clay (KC)
The Wall-Hung Toilet alone requires 1800 units of KC per run
One Open-Pit Mine produces 672 units of KC every 7 days
Without dans and one Open Pit Mine, it therefore takes nearly 6 weeks to produce enough KC for one run

CONCLUSION: Dear Creative, Ingenious Fabulous Developers, I did the math for you. I hope you can see that introduction of the Restroom Supplies Facility, created a serious imbalance in KC supply and demand, one we would all like to see addressed sooner rather than later, please. :)

Here' the LONG version (for those who want to be sure I did my homework;))
If I have only one of every facility that uses KC, I will need the following amounts per facility for a full ('15- day') run: I've listed the facilities in the order they were released as closely as I can remember)

Ceramic 720
Car Parts 120
Spa Supplies 240
Souvenir 60
Restroom Supplies 2160
Dental 360

For a total of 3660 units of KC

Now if one number doesn't jump right out at you, then you're not paying attention! 2160 KC for Restroom Supplies. Looking more closely, it takes 1800 units to do a run of Wall-Hung Toilets! That's almost 50% of the total required. That's the DEMAND side.

Now for the SUPPLY side, one Open Pit Mine produces 672 units of KC in 7 'real world' days -- and you have to wait 7 'real world' days, too. No help from your neighbors, no 'fertilization'. Even with the 6th dan, you still only get about 1150 units per week (although I understand the dans actually work on the demand side, reducing what's taken from our inventory -- but it probably comes out somewhere pretty close)

Bottom Line: One Open Pit Mine will take over 3 weeks (6th dan) to nearly 6 weeks (no belts or dans) to produce enough to supply one full run. And Wall-Hung Toilets eat up half of that production.

The Open Pit Mine's smallest product is Kaolin Clay at 4 units an hour. Top product is Aluminum Ore at 375 units per hour. Interestingly enough, one Metal Mill only uses slightly over half a week's output (not counting dans) from a single Open Pit Mine.

I find it hard to believe the developers can KNOWINGLY claim inputs and outputs are 'balanced' where the Open Pit Mine is concerned. I suspect they simply didn't take into consideration the HUGE monkey wrench introduction of the Restroom Supplies Factory threw in the works.

Either the amount required for the Wall Hung Toilet needs to be reduced or the Open Pit Mine output needs to be substantially increased to at least 20 units and perhaps 50 units per hour. I'd be willing to spend more coins for increased output.

For now, I'm not making Wall-Hung Toilets and hoping my 14 Open Pit Mines will eventually create enough of an inventory that I can start up again.

Taz D
Aug 16 2014, 08:49 AM
I find it hard to believe the developers can KNOWINGLY claim inputs and outputs are 'balanced' where the Open Pit Mine is concerned. I suspect they simply didn't take into consideration the HUGE monkey wrench introduction of the Restroom Supplies Factory threw in the works.
Deanna the developers have never made any claim about balanced or unbalanced. Please do not make statements about what the developers have said or not said. If it is not written in the release by Raul or any other member of Slashkey.

Rugged Barbie
Aug 16 2014, 08:51 AM
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Then reinstall flash using the following link... remember to do this from the browser you intend on using flash on as there are several versions.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Do these steps through the browser you normally use.

Hi,
I have followed these specific instructions several times. However, FT still sputters, stalls and sometimes crashes locking up my computer. Using Chrome based Comodo Dragon.
Don't know if it's Pepper Flash related as I find nowhere on Dragon to locate Pepper Flash.
Sometimes Flash crashes when I'm just going to someone's farm to work a factory post - I have everything possible hidden.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Good Morning Taz!
Congrats KnightRider!

Taz D
Aug 16 2014, 09:05 AM
Hi,
I have followed these specific instructions several times. However, FT still sputters, stalls and sometimes crashes locking up my computer. Using Chrome based Comodo Dragon.
Don't know if it's Pepper Flash related as I find nowhere on Dragon to locate Pepper Flash.
Sometimes Flash crashes when I'm just going to someone's farm to work a factory post - I have everything possible hidden.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Good Morning Taz!
Congrats KnightRider!
Hi Barbie,
My post you quoted was for non-Chrome help with Flash. Chrome has Flash built in with its install. I don't use Chrome myself, but the best way I know to fix Chrome is to unstall it and reinstall it. That should update the Flash plugin and will also update it in Comodo Dragon as it uses the Chrome base.
If anyone else has better instructions please do post them.

KnightRider
Aug 16 2014, 09:55 AM
Hi,
Congrats KnightRider!

Hello Rugged Barbie,

Thank you.

max_river
Aug 16 2014, 09:57 AM
how come when you hit the question mark in the bee hive it does not tell you what the new stuff make

Taz D
Aug 16 2014, 10:39 AM
how come when you hit the question mark in the bee hive it does not tell you what the new stuff make
Hi Max,
It will only tell you what the new stuff makes if you click on the items made in the bee farm. The only one not used yet is the Royal Jelly.

max_river
Aug 16 2014, 11:32 AM
ty taz for the help

Rob T
Aug 16 2014, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone,

i have deleted quite a few posts. While we do want feedback on the new release. good or bad, we will not tolorate attacking or arguments between members. Please keep things on track of the new release, and keep things friendly. Thanks

Sandy Mae
Aug 16 2014, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the new goodies and ideas! Every release I get excited like a little kid. You guys are awesome! I still get amazed when looking at all the detail in each piece.......... Thanks again

Jean's Farm
Aug 16 2014, 05:38 PM

I shut down production of things that use the lumber you are running out of. Then I make sure my sawmills are working all the time. It takes a while but it's one way to build storage and you don't have to load your facs every day. I maybe load twice a week...sometimes only once.

max_river
Aug 16 2014, 06:00 PM
i having a issue with my quest for the last hour when i try to get quest i keep getting x-25 link error any glues of what is happing

Taz D
Aug 16 2014, 06:04 PM
i having a issue with my quest for the last hour when i try to get quest i keep getting x-25 link error any glues of what is happing
Hi Max,
I moved your post to the Quests thread in the Help & Support and answered you there. This is not a release problem.

Docperk
Aug 16 2014, 07:06 PM
May I remind everyone that we all play the game in our own way. That is one of the good things about this game. Our farms are truly ours and we can managed them how ever we see fit. In doing so we all have different needs to manage our farms. What works for one may not work for another. If I found out that I was not getting enough of something I had to adjust my facilities until did I did, sometimes I over adjusted but that just means I made way to much of something. That usually ended up being ok cause when a new facility that came along that needed more of the same I had it already in stock and was able to fill the facility right off the bat. I have stocked up on everything and have a strong surplus on everything. When a facility comes out that uses something new it normally doesn't take long to get a surplus of what is needed to fill it. I don't work my facilities every day but when I do they are all filled 100%. Just know when something new comes out that uses a little more of something you have to adjust. That is the same in life. Happy famring

Majik Merlin
Aug 16 2014, 08:17 PM
It has been a while since I spent time working other players facilities/clients. Been trying to work peeps farms from links in the various groups lately, but am finding that many give me a message "this farm is for my friends". Is this a new thing? Used to be we could work anyone's farms when they posted links. Is there a problem or can this be fixed with people's settings or whatever? It is such a waste of time clicking, loading and waiting only to find the farm can't be worked.

Jwebb
Aug 16 2014, 08:23 PM
May I remind everyone that we all play the game in our own way. That is one of the good things about this game. Our farms are truly ours and we can managed them how ever we see fit. In doing so we all have different needs to manage our farms. What works for one may not work for another. If I found out that I was not getting enough of something I had to adjust my facilities until did I did, sometimes I over adjusted but that just means I made way to much of something. That usually ended up being ok cause when a new facility that came along that needed more of the same I had it already in stock and was able to fill the facility right off the bat. I have stocked up on everything and have a strong surplus on everything. When a facility comes out that uses something new it normally doesn't take long to get a surplus of what is needed to fill it. I don't work my facilities every day but when I do they are all filled 100%. Just know when something new comes out that uses a little more of something you have to adjust. That is the same in life. Happy famring

Well said!!

Taz D
Aug 16 2014, 08:32 PM
It has been a while since I spent time working other players facilities/clients. Been trying to work peeps farms from links in the various groups lately, but am finding that many give me a message "this farm is for my friends". Is this a new thing? Used to be we could work anyone's farms when they posted links. Is there a problem or can this be fixed with people's settings or whatever? It is such a waste of time clicking, loading and waiting only to find the farm can't be worked.
Hi Majik,
You have not been able to work just anyone's facility posts for a long time. You must be at least friends with the person to be able to work them.

Rugged Barbie
Aug 16 2014, 08:45 PM
Ahhh, did as you said, so much better now, ty ty ty

Also, when I go to Chrome://plugins I don't see a pepper flash listed to disable, I do have this one Disabled: Adobe Shockwave Player - Version: 12.0.5r146 (Disabled)
Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0.5.146

and I have this one Enabled: Adobe Flash Player (2 files) - Version: 14.0.0.177
Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0

Hi Barbie,
My post you quoted was for non-Chrome help with Flash. Chrome has Flash built in with its install. I don't use Chrome myself, but the best way I know to fix Chrome is to unstall it and reinstall it. That should update the Flash plugin and will also update it in Comodo Dragon as it uses the Chrome base.
If anyone else has better instructions please do post them.

Majik Merlin
Aug 16 2014, 08:52 PM
Hi Majik,
You have not been able to work just anyone's facility posts for a long time. You must be at least friends with the person to be able to work them.

That's a real bummer

farmtown friends or facebook friends?

Taz D
Aug 16 2014, 08:55 PM
That's a real bummer

farmtown friends or facebook friends?
Facebook friends. They can be Farm Town neighbors too, but only required that they be Facebook friends to see their posts and work them.

beverduster
Aug 16 2014, 11:28 PM
dont no if this has anything to do with the update, but i can only get my facility mgr to woek in the expanded mode, when im in regular mode i cant navigate around the farm only in the full view anybody no what is going on?

Taz D
Aug 16 2014, 11:45 PM
dont no if this has anything to do with the update, but i can only get my facility mgr to woek in the expanded mode, when im in regular mode i cant navigate around the farm only in the full view anybody no what is going on?
Try clearing your browser cache, close your browser and then reopen and check again. If that doesn't work then try clearing your memcache and browser again, closing and reopening again.

SeniorCornwall
Aug 16 2014, 11:53 PM
Wow... thought people were posting notes and having a conversation.... Assume the posts that were deleted crossed the line... Kind of like the chatter back and forth in the forum around wishes (like more of certain products)... and the new release (I am already ready for next one in September sigh).... Still trying to recover from losing everything in my crop storage by the gremlins of Farmtown....

Sandie Angel
Aug 17 2014, 02:55 AM
I'm no longer playing this game, my 25FC still has not been refunded to me yet. Lost all interests already even in the Quests. Nothing about this game can really excite me now. Too bad!!!!

Sandie Angel :(

Deanna J. Lloyd
Aug 17 2014, 05:05 AM
Deanna the developers have never made any claim about balanced or unbalanced. Please do not make statements about what the developers have said or not said. If it is not written in the release by Raul or any other member of Slashkey.

Perhaps it would have been better had I said something like, "I'm sure it never occurred to the developers that introducing a single product that simultaneously more than doubled demand for kaolin clay and required nearly three weeks' output from a single mine would prove a serious challenge for us as players."

Also, Taz, may I direct your attention to just two paragraphs from my post that I think illustrate my true intention, which was to carefully and POLITELY present the case for evaluating the production of kaolin clay:

OK, so rather than just fume and complain,I did the math.
and
Dear Creative, Ingenious Fabulous Developers, I did the math for you. I hope you can see that introduction of the Restroom Supplies Facility, created a serious imbalance in KC supply and demand, one we would all like to see addressed sooner rather than later, please.

As Farm Town grows and becomes both more fun and more complex, it seems inevitable that demand for some basic products may outstrip the ability of even the most ingenious player to meet. As has been well said elsewhere, we all play out own game, and balancing the availability of products is really our own responsibility.

However, sometimes the cumulative effect of new releases is to create a supply/demand situation that needs rethinking. Case in point: More and bigger farms accompanied by more and bigger tools eventually created a demand for fuel that simply couldn't be met. The players presented their case here in the Forum and eventually the developers increased the output from each Oil Pump (and the Refinery as well, I think)

I came to the Forum to present my case and request that the developers consider looking into the issue. I could wish you had at least acknowledged that before chastising me for an unintentional faux pas.

Taz D
Aug 17 2014, 07:35 AM
Perhaps it would have been better had I said something like, "I'm sure it never occurred to the developers that introducing a single product that simultaneously more than doubled demand for kaolin clay and required nearly three weeks' output from a single mine would prove a serious challenge for us as players."

Also, Taz, may I direct your attention to just two paragraphs from my post that I think illustrate my true intention, which was to carefully and POLITELY present the case for evaluating the production of kaolin clay:

and
Dear Creative, Ingenious Fabulous Developers, I did the math for you. I hope you can see that introduction of the Restroom Supplies Facility, created a serious imbalance in KC supply and demand, one we would all like to see addressed sooner rather than later, please.

As Farm Town grows and becomes both more fun and more complex, it seems inevitable that demand for some basic products may outstrip the ability of even the most ingenious player to meet. As has been well said elsewhere, we all play out own game, and balancing the availability of products is really our own responsibility.

However, sometimes the cumulative effect of new releases is to create a supply/demand situation that needs rethinking. Case in point: More and bigger farms accompanied by more and bigger tools eventually created a demand for fuel that simply couldn't be met. The players presented their case here in the Forum and eventually the developers increased the output from each Oil Pump (and the Refinery as well, I think)

I came to the Forum to present my case and request that the developers consider looking into the issue. I could wish you had at least acknowledged that before chastising me for an unintentional faux pas.
Hi Deanna,
I do not fault your intent and I wholeheartedly agree with you that the production needs to be increased for the kaolin clay. I apologize for not so stating that in my post. My correction of your statement in no way takes away from your stated case. I mearly wanted to make sure that a mis-statement did not continue.
You have presented the case admirably and I am with you in asking for an increase. Let's hope that Raul and team do consider this.

SeaJay
Aug 17 2014, 08:28 AM
Hi Deanna,
I do not fault your intent and I wholeheartedly agree with you that the production needs to be increased for the kaolin clay. I apologize for not so stating that in my post My correction of your statement in no way takes away from your stated case. I mearly wanted to make sure that a mis-statement did not continue.
You have presented the case admirably and I am with you in asking for an increase. Let's hope that Raul and team do consider this.

WOW, Taz! My jaw is on the ground!!!!

TartanLady
Aug 17 2014, 08:45 AM
having trouble loading game and when it does lod get the timeout errors also facilities not loading :( seems to have gone real slow since last update dont know if its connected

Taz D
Aug 17 2014, 09:23 AM
having trouble loading game and when it does lod get the timeout errors also facilities not loading :( seems to have gone real slow since last update dont know if its connected
Hi TartanLady,
If it was release related I am sure we would have many more posting about it. The only way I can see that it would be release related would be because of the number of people on at the same time which is not unusual when a release happens.
Please try all the suggestions in the first posts of the following threads. If you are still having trouble please post in those threads.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602774
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

drr30
Aug 17 2014, 09:26 AM

and

Deanna:

I Know what your talking about I have the same problem with poly fiber
I can not produce enough for my textile mills I have 5 trains all sending in Petrochemicals and 8 oil refineries producing petro chemicals and 6 petrochemical factories producing poly fiber and my 6 textile mills can not get enough. I really need a train car to send in poly fiber.

peekachoo
Aug 17 2014, 10:11 AM
Hi, I'm having the same problems as Tartan Lady,for the past couple of hours. The game is slow loading, and when it does finally get there I can't access the facilities. Not sure about sewing plants/harvesting etc as I haven't had the chance to try those.

P.S. I'm on WF38 and using Chrome.

P.P.S. Planting crops is ok, it's opening the facilities that's the problem.

Thanks for the reply on the other thread Taz !

carolann43
Aug 17 2014, 11:42 AM
someone said they have 5 trains....I couldn't put a 5th train anywhere. I bought the engine for nothing. We need more cars now with some of the much needed products we can use. I don't need cows or any other animal but sheep and Llamas.

KnightRider
Aug 17 2014, 11:57 AM
someone said they have 5 trains....I couldn't put a 5th train anywhere. I bought the engine for nothing. We need more cars now with some of the much needed products we can use. I don't need cows or any other animal but sheep and Llamas.

Hello Carolann,

You can put 1 of each type of engine for a total of 5 engines on your farm, you just can't put a second train of the same type. You can put one of each of the following a standard engine, enhanced engine, supreme engine, ultimate engine and turbo engine, they can be on one farm or any farm you want them on. Also you can have 5 of the same boxcar as long as they are connected to separate engines.

CSLewis
Aug 17 2014, 12:37 PM

I was able to work them yesterday, but today I try to work my neighbors facilities and I continually time out. The Mayor does all my facilities for me, so a farm that takes a minute normally is taking 5 minutes. There is definitely an issue. I don't have a problem working on my own farm.

SeaJay
Aug 17 2014, 12:48 PM
Hello Carolann,

You can put 1 of each type of engine for a total of 5 engines on your farm, you just can't put a second train of the same type. You can put one of each of the following a standard engine, enhanced engine, supreme engine, ultimate engine and turbo engine, they can be on one farm or any farm you want them on. Also you can have 5 of the same boxcar as long as they are connected to separate engines.

Knight, is it 5 total for the whole 23 farms, or could you have 5 engines per farm? Just curious.

Taz D
Aug 17 2014, 12:51 PM
Knight, is it 5 total for the whole 23 farms, or could you have 5 engines per farm? Just curious.
SeaJay,
It is 5 total. You can either put them all on one farm or you can spread them out any way you want over your farms but the total number can only be 5 which is 1 of each engine. No duplicates.

SeaJay
Aug 17 2014, 12:54 PM
SeaJay,
It is 5 total. You can either put them all on one farm or you can spread them out any way you want over your farms but the total number can only be 5 which is 1 of each engine. No duplicates.

Good to know. I don't think I would have bought any more engines in the near future, but I might have if they released a bunch of new cars not knowing I could only have 5.
Thanks

leighwj1960
Aug 17 2014, 02:44 PM
Hi Majik,

I get this message quite often when I click on the link to Show FarmTown Wall Requests but if I go to their Facebook page and click on the link there I'm able to work their facilities.

Eradani
Aug 17 2014, 02:57 PM
Hi, I'm having the same problems as Tartan Lady,for the past couple of hours. The game is slow loading, and when it does finally get there I can't access the facilities. Not sure about sewing plants/harvesting etc as I haven't had the chance to try those.

P.S. I'm on WF38 and using Chrome.

P.P.S. Planting crops is ok, it's opening the facilities that's the problem.

Thanks for the reply on the other thread Taz !

don't forget that FB likes to put out "upgrades" on weekends. i had an hour earlier where i couldn't get in but now i can.

Deanna J. Lloyd
Aug 17 2014, 03:23 PM
Thank you, Taz! You've always been a beacon of respectful dialogue -- and a source of wonderful humor as well. Pretty special for an "unofficial" mod! I appreciate your dedication! :D

Taz D
Aug 17 2014, 03:55 PM
I get this message quite often when I click on the link to Show FarmTown Wall Requests but if I go to their Facebook page and click on the link there I'm able to work their facilities.
Hi Leigh,
I have seen that too and it usually is just a case of closing the farm and reopening it that fixed it. I have opened it through the wall requests, didn't work, close the farm and reopen it again from the wall requests and it work. Just a case of not recognizing that you are friends and a data transfer problem between Facebook and Farm Town.

Rugged Barbie
Aug 17 2014, 08:49 PM
My game has been dragging for 2 days now, even after uninstalling and reinstalling browsers, it spins and spins. Perhaps the techies are tweaking this and that from one server to the next?

peekachoo
Aug 18 2014, 01:32 AM
don't forget that FB likes to put out "upgrades" on weekends. i had an hour earlier where i couldn't get in but now i can.

Oh yes, that's true Eradani, I sometimes forget about that ;)

Qivis
Aug 18 2014, 04:56 PM
My game has been dragging for 2 days now, even after uninstalling and reinstalling browsers, it spins and spins. Perhaps the techies are tweaking this and that from one server to the next?

I had similar issues on Friday and Saturday, Rugged Barbie. Have you tried using the Flash Player removal tool found on the official Adobe web site and then re-installing Flash Player? An update to it was the first thing that appeared on my screen yesterday morning when I booted my PC. Immediately after that the problems cleared themselves up for me.

Rugged Barbie
Aug 18 2014, 10:01 PM
I had similar issues on Friday and Saturday, Rugged Barbie. Have you tried using the Flash Player removal tool found on the official Adobe web site and then re-installing Flash Player? An update to it was the first thing that appeared on my screen yesterday morning when I booted my PC. Immediately after that the problems cleared themselves up for me.

I hate those auto updates.
Everything works fine until they force an upgrade on me.
I've tried everything.
My only option now is to buy a new computer and visit Electrox and have him reconfigure my new computer.
Accepting donations at bla bla bla & bla bla oh well.
xoxoxo Biggest E!

JBowles
Aug 18 2014, 11:11 PM
Thank you for the new release, it is much appreciated.:)

firegold flames
Aug 20 2014, 08:53 AM
i am happy with 3 new crops, i hope feature more new crops in the next release but
for farm expansions, i find it too pricey .

peekachoo
Aug 20 2014, 11:52 AM
Just to let you know that ,for me at least ,the game is still very slow loading. It's trying to as I type this and is getting nowhere.

I have cleared the memcache etc.etc. I do it everytime I leave the game, I've checked that I've only got 1 version of Flash enabled. Is there anything else I might have forgotten ?

Just hope the game gets back to it's normal speed soon .

krkrumpe
Aug 20 2014, 12:36 PM
I also agree with the game being slow since the new release. I've tried everything on my end to fix this problem.. Uninstalled and reinstalled browsers. Removed flash and reinstalled... Not sure what is going on.

bagoshen
Aug 20 2014, 12:57 PM
I can't get past loading user.

KnightRider
Aug 20 2014, 01:33 PM
I can't get past loading user.

Hello bagoshen,

Have you tried to use a different browser to see if there is a problem with your browser, if you have another computer try it, tried to clear your cache, history and cookies?

bagoshen
Aug 20 2014, 01:53 PM
Hello bagoshen,

Have you tried to use a different browser to see if there is a problem with your browser, if you have another computer try it, tried to clear your cache, history and cookies?
It was fine this morning and early afternoon, just in the last hour or so.

bagoshen
Aug 20 2014, 01:55 PM
It was fine this morning and early afternoon, just in the last hour or so.
got in and that is about as far as I have been able to get so far

pete5560
Aug 21 2014, 10:33 AM
I think this depends on time of day when more users are online. I just wait a while and try it again. Also if your isp is slow this can have an affect on loading your farm

ctu1010166
Aug 21 2014, 11:39 AM
Hi teams!
I really need Cancel button to cancel quest which I unable to complete (bacause I dont have FC facilities the quest require)

Many quest I can't complete make a long time to expire, this make me unable to receive new quest (because quest slots are not empty)

Thank you!

KnightRider
Aug 21 2014, 12:20 PM
Hi teams!
I really need Cancel button to cancel quest which I unable to complete (bacause I dont have FC facilities the quest require)

Many quest I can't complete make a long time to expire, this make me unable to receive new quest (because quest slots are not empty)

Thank you!

Hello Ctu,

Your suggestion would be better in the suggestion section so the developers can see your suggestion, you can't start a new thread, this way they can keep the suggestion section easier to read, but you can put it in the thread that is closest to what you are suggesting and if you don't see one that is close, you can put it in the thread My idea doesn't have a thread.

Docperk
Aug 21 2014, 09:48 PM
i am happy with 3 new crops, i hope feature more new crops in the next release but
for farm expansions, i find it too pricey .

I agree about the expansions being to pricey. I think I have 1 that is 38x38 and the reset are 32x32 and 34x34 and the last 4 farms aren't even in the 30s. My son just just started playing and asked me what is the deal with the expansions being in billions of coins? All I could say is they don't want you having very big farms. I got to admit they do load faster when they are smaller even if the are layered. :)

barbaraelwart
Aug 22 2014, 05:05 AM
I have been having problems with slow loading since last update - cleaned everything and tried different servers etc. Really bad when helping others on their farms - especially with the fishing and flowers, takes ages to count them all etc. Twice I have done an entire farm, harvesting, fishing, trees/flowers and the whole lot has stayed with the lines on them - says it is loading and then the farm freezes and can do nothing with it except leave. Go back and the farm is showing as nothing done at all :( This loading problem had been mostly solved in recent updates but is now back with a vengeance :(

HelenJS22
Aug 22 2014, 05:20 AM
I have been having problems with slow loading since last update - cleaned everything and tried different servers etc. Really bad when helping others on their farms - especially with the fishing and flowers, takes ages to count them all etc. Twice I have done an entire farm, harvesting, fishing, trees/flowers and the whole lot has stayed with the lines on them - says it is loading and then the farm freezes and can do nothing with it except leave. Go back and the farm is showing as nothing done at all :( This loading problem had been mostly solved in recent updates but is now back with a vengeance :(

Hi Barbara, Sorry you are having a problem. I've referred your issue with slow loading to one of the moderators who I'm hoping will be able to give you a couple of options that may help. I'm sorry you may have to wait a little while, but he is a really good 'technohead' and hopefully can help you out.

Taz D
Aug 22 2014, 08:30 AM
Hi Barbara,
Could you please add a link here to your farms so we can check them for you. The automatic linking does not work so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

When you say you have cleaned everything does this include the memcache clearing?
By trying different servers I take that to mean you have tried different computers in your home. Have you tried restarting your router/modem to see if it is a connection problem?

Qivis
Aug 22 2014, 10:26 AM
I agree about the expansions being to pricey. I think I have 1 that is 38x38 and the reset are 32x32 and 34x34 and the last 4 farms aren't even in the 30s. My son just just started playing and asked me what is the deal with the expansions being in billions of coins? All I could say is they don't want you having very big farms. I got to admit they do load faster when they are smaller even if the are layered. :)

I usually suggest making sure one has all the farms first, DocPerk. At the moment there are 23 and many farmers think they need to enlarge them in a particular order or that all the farms need to be even in size. They may be made larger in any order you please. If you cannot afford the larger piece of land for a certain farm make sure to check if the same size is available on another for fewer coins. One reason for the expensive land is that it makes things more interesting for people earning a billion coins a day...

knolan
Aug 22 2014, 12:25 PM
I am so mad about losing quest points!!!! I have lost so many in the last few days I can't keep track. I request & hope they change the requirements to obtain those desperately needed FC.. I try to get on a regular schedule, but there are some days i'm on longer than others & get more work done, I feel like I have earned those points just by putting in my time, but then again, that's not what counts. I forget that I should be grateful for just having the opportunity to play the game, forget about earning farmcash because I don't have a job, can't find a job and for every other reason others can think of.

knolan
Aug 22 2014, 12:27 PM
I usually suggest making sure one has all the farms first, DocPerk. At the moment there are 23 and many farmers think they need to enlarge them in a particular order or that all the farms need to be even in size. They may be made larger in any order you please. If you cannot afford the larger piece of land for a certain farm make sure to check if the same size is available on another for fewer coins. One reason for the expensive land is that it makes things more interesting for people earning a billion coins a day...

You're right about them being too expensive. I only have 1 farm that is 34x34. I would love to give my houses & business more land so I can decorate & plant more on each one, but because of the prices of realty, I can't afford them, it's very disturbing that I can't keep up with the Jones' ...

barbaraelwart
Aug 23 2014, 08:29 AM
Hi Barbara,
Could you please add a link here to your farms so we can check them for you. The automatic linking does not work so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

When you say you have cleaned everything does this include the memcache clearing?
By trying different servers I take that to mean you have tried different computers in your home. Have you tried restarting your router/modem to see if it is a connection problem?

Hi, This is the link to my farms https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1259651182&farm_ix=0

I clear the memcache at least once daily, I use CCleaner regularly and I also manually clean it through settings. I am not computer literate - hope you know what I mean by that! What I meant by different servers, is I have used Opera, Google and Comodo Dragon. I have just restarted the modem to see if that helps, had not done that before. Thanks for trying to help.

Taz D
Aug 23 2014, 09:18 AM
Hi, This is the link to my farms https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1259651182&farm_ix=0

I clear the memcache at least once daily, I use CCleaner regularly and I also manually clean it through settings. I am not computer literate - hope you know what I mean by that! What I meant by different servers, is I have used Opera, Google and Comodo Dragon. I have just restarted the modem to see if that helps, had not done that before. Thanks for trying to help.
Hi Barbara,
I don't see anything about your farms that would cause any problems. Hopefully the modem restart will help. As to the other farms it can depend on how heavily they are layered as that can cause you problems when trying to work. Try turning off everything before you go to work and then only turn on what you need at the time to harvest.

barbaraelwart
Aug 23 2014, 12:26 PM
Thanks for checking Taz. Will see how things go - there are a lot of people complaining of loading issues though, amongst my friends and in the group I admin. Hopefully it will all sort itself out soon. They say Patience is a Virtue! ;)

beverduster
Aug 23 2014, 07:52 PM
whats wrong with the facility manager? cant get into it,

Taz D
Aug 23 2014, 08:04 PM
whats wrong with the facility manager? cant get into it,
Hi Beverduster,
Nothing is wrong with it that I know of. Mine opens just fine. Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

beverduster
Aug 23 2014, 09:16 PM
never mind, i forgot i was in the market i almost paniced

Rugged Barbie
Aug 24 2014, 08:54 PM
never mind, i forgot i was in the market i almost paniced

Been there . . . but with the Quest Icon
:p

dnana
Aug 25 2014, 11:33 AM
You're right about them being too expensive. I only have 1 farm that is 34x34. I would love to give my houses & business more land so I can decorate & plant more on each one, but because of the prices of realty, I can't afford them, it's very disturbing that I can't keep up with the Jones' ...

After reading your 2 posts, I have to say, you are putting this stress on yourself, no one is forcing you to play the way you do. Why would you want to keep up with the Joneses or anyone else?? Everyone plays at their own speed and ability level, the game is infinitely variable. If you are not having fun, maybe you need to take a break for a while. The stress you are radiating would make me stop playing, if it were happening to me. Calm down and go at your own speed. :)

servocrow
Aug 25 2014, 06:35 PM
After reading your 2 posts, I have to say, you are putting this stress on yourself, no one is forcing you to play the way you do. Why would you want to keep up with the Joneses or anyone else?? Everyone plays at their own speed and ability level, the game is infinitely variable. If you are not having fun, maybe you need to take a break for a while. The stress you are radiating would make me stop playing, if it were happening to me. Calm down and go at your own speed. :)

I wish I could "LIKE" your post. That is exactly how I feel about the game. Look at my sig line!! :D

JBowles
Aug 26 2014, 03:45 AM

I have hired farmers in the past who say they wish they had as much as I do and wish they had my skill. My farms are nothing compared to others I have seen. People need to remember this is a game. It is meant to relax you and there is no need to compete against anyone. We each have our little speck of Farm Town land to do our own thing with. Just take your time, think of what your vision is for your farms and move slow and steady toward that. In the end, it will come and you won't have to stress over it.:)

StoneFace
Aug 26 2014, 06:37 AM
I have hired farmers in the past who say they wish they had as much as I do and wish they had my skill. My farms are nothing compared to others I have seen. People need to remember this is a game. It is meant to relax you and there is no need to compete against anyone. We each have our little speck of Farm Town land to do our own thing with. Just take your time, think of what your vision is for your farms and move slow and steady toward that. In the end, it will come and you won't have to stress over it.:)

In agreement here. In just over 5 years I have "acquired a lot" ... 46 farms all to the max size. I don't play for the billion$ in coin and avoid things like facilities on top of trees on top of flowers on top of crops etc....

Instead, I like the elbow room to see things, and move things around. However, I have a LOT of work to do on many farms with regards to adjusting to the expanded sizes. I am in no hurry.... one farm at a time here and there and I am content because no one is timing me, grading me, or competing with me. Eventually I many just have 4 farms (17, 20, 21 and 24) at each with just edge to edge crop. That would give me about 250,000 of whatever at each planting - plenty of crop to fill facilities. I dedicated one farm to a Quest layout too - usually let the Quests get partially finished, then complete 3 or 4 in one day. Easier to get the "huge" $2 payout, then take a break for a few days.

Anything to AVOID any stress..... sheesh, it's a game ! :cool:

by the way JB I like your farms.

StoneFace
Aug 27 2014, 06:07 AM
looks like about time for a "Mid-release Release".......

:rolleyes:

Sheepy47
Aug 27 2014, 10:26 AM
Hi Stoneface, couldn't agree more about it only being a game for relaxing. I don't do quests, don't have trains, don't work other's facilties. I just plod along, buying decorations, crops, trees etc. I have most facilities apart from those that cost a fortune on farm cash, just rely on coins generated. I don't even layer my farms either.

Rugged Barbie
Aug 27 2014, 12:27 PM
....In just over 5 years I have "acquired a lot" ... 46 farms all to the max size. I don't play for the billion$ in coin and avoid things like facilities on top of trees on top of flowers on top of crops etc....

Mr Face, do tell, how do you have 46 farms when we only have like 23 or is it 22? I forget . . . being a Barbie and all, you can understand how I can't remember stuff. :p

beverduster
Aug 27 2014, 12:54 PM
In agreement here. In just over 5 years I have "acquired a lot" ... 46 farms all to the max size. I don't play for the billion$ in coin and avoid things like facilities on top of trees on top of flowers on top of crops etc....

Instead, I like the elbow room to see things, and move things around. However, I have a LOT of work to do on many farms with regards to adjusting to the expanded sizes. I am in no hurry.... one farm at a time here and there and I am content because no one is timing me, grading me, or competing with me. Eventually I many just have 4 farms (17, 20, 21 and 24) at each with just edge to edge crop. That would give me about 250,000 of whatever at each planting - plenty of crop to fill facilities. I dedicated one farm to a Quest layout too - usually let the Quests get partially finished, then complete 3 or 4 in one day. Easier to get the "huge" $2 payout, then take a break for a few days.

Anything to AVOID any stress..... sheesh, it's a game ! :cool:

by the way JB I like your farms.

how did you get 46 farms, i have only 23

whosyou?
Aug 27 2014, 02:40 PM
he has two FT accounts

23+23=46

Rugged Barbie
Aug 27 2014, 03:17 PM
he has two FT accounts

23+23=46

hmmm, now that is a lot of work and stress right there.

StoneFace
Aug 27 2014, 04:33 PM
hmmm, now that is a lot of work and stress right there.

It would be if I tried to "compete". I have a lot of farms that are fully expanded but I have yet to make use of the extra room.

My original set began when my wife convinced me to try the game (and be her neighbor to get farm #3). I took over my son's.... he got as far at level 64 I think and preferred the more strategic games.

Now, when my wife stopped playing, I actually kept her farm going and did all the work, but did not buy the FC stuff. So for a while I was "managing" three.

Now I have the two, and access to a friends account. But I only use his to buy from....kind of like a "feeder" account, and mostly all trees.

Perhaps I am addicted? :D:D:D

Farmer_Susan
Aug 27 2014, 05:40 PM
We each have our little speck of Farm Town land

Which is my little speck of heaven. :)

marwahr55
Aug 27 2014, 05:44 PM
Today I increased my Farm 22 to 22x22, when I went to purchase the 22x22 size for my Farm 23 - it showed I needed more then the 22x22 for Farm 22. Is that correct??? They both should be the same, they have been until today!

Taz D
Aug 27 2014, 05:48 PM
Today I increased my Farm 22 to 22x22, when I went to purchase the 22x22 size for my Farm 23 - it showed I needed more then the 22x22 for Farm 22. Is that correct??? They both should be the same, they have been until today!
Hi Marwahr.
Did you move to Farm 23 before going back to the realtor's? You can only see the expansions for the current farm you have gone from to get there.

Tessen
Aug 28 2014, 12:14 AM

Farms 23s expansion for 22x22 is a Billion more and have always been. I dont understand the cost of the different expansions either, but thats how it is :p

marwahr55
Aug 28 2014, 07:24 AM
Craziness to make it a billion more. I have been increasing each one (Farm 22 & 23) at the same time since the costs were the same until now. <shaking my head>

bjyhey3
Aug 28 2014, 09:51 AM
Which is my little speck of heaven. :)

Which is my little speck of heaven and sanity :):):)

KojiOrphen
Aug 29 2014, 07:37 AM

When Farm 22 was released in May, it was listed as 3.5 billion for the 22x22 upgrade.

When Farm 23 was released min June, it was listed a 4.5 billion for the 22x22 upgrade.

max_river
Aug 29 2014, 08:10 PM
is it not time to give us set up for the new quest

James Nelson
Aug 29 2014, 11:09 PM
When Farm 22 was released in May, it was listed as 3.5 billion for the 22x22 upgrade.

When Farm 23 was released min June, it was listed a 4.5 billion for the 22x22 upgrade.

I am just wondering, Is there a place where I can go look up things like this, the past 'releases'. Some things I didn't get to buy at the time, but now have the $ to purchase, but I need to know more about them.

Thank you

KnightRider
Aug 29 2014, 11:15 PM
I am just wondering, Is there a place where I can go look up things like this, the past 'releases'. Some things I didn't get to buy at the time, but now have the $ to purchase, but I need to know more about them.

Thank you

Hello James,

You can look at the game guide if you need information on like land upgrades, tools, factories. You can also look at the store in the different sections or even go and look back at previous releases and see when items come out.

beverduster
Aug 30 2014, 11:01 AM
thanks 4 the new update raul, a good one as usual, really like the sacks of corn, it solved the problem for the public restroom, since they cant use paper

max_river
Aug 30 2014, 12:00 PM
thanks 4 the new update raul, a good one as usual, really like the sacks of corn, it solved the problem for the public restroom, since they cant use paper

what up date

TexasStar
Aug 30 2014, 03:26 PM
Harvest incorrect when hiring neighbors.

I am putting this here because I thought it might be related to some change in this release...

I hired someone to harvest/shake trees on one farm.
Pears 2879 planted and fertilized, with 7 dan belt should yield the following:
2879 * 2.78 = 8004 to my storage;

Instead I received 5853 boxes . I was shorted 2151 (about 26%).

I tested this hiring a neighbor to chop with similar results. First neighbor and I started checking because she was running out of pears, which she had had in abundance.
I also checked by harvesting trees and chopping myself and received the correct number of both into storage.

Comment from Seraphina Warrior suggested that there may have been no Dan reward calculated for the trees harvested and chopped by neighbors. If this is what was "missing" from amount added to my storage, are the Dan bonuses maybe never applied to harvest by neighbors, because all of the harvests by neighbors that day were short?

I did more testing and it appears the bonus for the Dan Belt doesn't show up until I reload the farm, although the rest of the harvest shows up immediately. As long as it gets there that is the main thing! Thank you to KojiOrpen and Seraphina Warrior

KojiOrphen
Aug 30 2014, 10:56 PM

Thank you

If you want to look at the Historical (or is it Hysterical?) release information, The News & Announcements Forum goes back to September 19, 2009.

As someone else pointed out, you can always look at the Guide.

KojiOrphen
Aug 30 2014, 11:00 PM

I am putting this here because I thought it might be related to some change in this release...

2879 * 2.78 = 8004 to my storage; Hired neighbor 2879 * .20 = 576 to her storage

Instead I received 5853 boxes and she received 2918 boxes. I was shorted 2151 (about 26%) and she got 2342 excess.

I tested this hiring a neighbor to chop with similar results. First neighbor and I started checking because she was running out of pears, which she had had in abundance.
I also checked by harvesting trees and chopping myself and received the correct number of both into storage.

1) I didn't think our harvest was reduced by the amount given to person hired to harvest. 2) I thought the neighbors harvesting received 1 for every 10 harvests unfertilized, and 2 if fertilized.

Are you checking both prices? I think the Dan bonuses are coming in as the regular price while the neighbors are coming in with the boosted price.

Seraphina Warrior
Aug 31 2014, 11:31 AM

2879 * 2.78 = 8004 to my storage; Hired neighbor 2879 * .20 = 576 to her storage

Instead I received 5853 boxes and she received 2918 boxes. I was shorted 2151 (about 26%) and she got 2342 excess.

1) I didn't think our harvest was reduced by the amount given to person hired to harvest. 2) I thought the neighbors harvesting received 1 for every 10 harvests unfertilized, and 2 if fertilized.

Hi TexasStar, Since March 2014, the neighbour reward for harvesting tree's was increased to 50% of what they harvest. So, if your tree's were fertilized then your neighbour would've been due to receive 2879, as this is 50% of the fertilized harvestable amount of 5758. You, yourself, should've received at least 5758, which you did. The bonus amounts for the Dans, are only a "chance" for an extra harvest and are not guaranteed. So, any amounts over these figures, would be bonus amounts that were applied. But as I said, the Dan's only give you a "chance" at receiving an extra harvest. I hope this helps. :)

TexasStar
Aug 31 2014, 12:03 PM
Are you checking both prices? I think the Dan bonuses are coming in as the regular price while the neighbors are coming in with the boosted price.

Yes I was looking at both large and small. There was no increase in the small boxes/reg price number.

TexasStar
Aug 31 2014, 12:09 PM
Hi TexasStar, Since March 2014, the neighbour reward for harvesting tree's was increased to 50% of what they harvest. So, if your tree's were fertilized then your neighbour would've been due to receive 2879, as this is 50% of the fertilized harvestable amount of 5758. You, yourself, should've received at least 5758, which you did. The bonus amounts for the Dans, are only a "chance" for an extra harvest and are not guaranteed. So, any amounts over these figures, would be bonus amounts that were applied. But as I said, the Dan's only give you a "chance" at receiving an extra harvest. I hope this helps. :)

Thank you. The information on the amount earned by neighbors is helpful. I edited my post to remove the information about how much the neighbor received based although I could not find the increase listed on the Mar 2014 news release and the game guide is still quoting 10%!

Although the Dan bonuses are "chance", I always get them when I harvest myself, and can calculate the yield to within 2 or 3 boxes, especially in such a large quantity. I also have always received them when I have checked when other people harvest for me. I think you may be on to something in that the amount missing is very close to the 28% that we may receive for the dan belt.

Thank you for your help but I hope to get a response from a moderator on this issue :)

KojiOrphen
Aug 31 2014, 02:29 PM
Yes I was looking at both large and small. There was no increase in the small boxes/reg price number.

Well, I sold all of my Non-Ingredients and then hired someone to Harvest and Plow my 134,934 fields of Acorn Squash. The fields had all been Fertilized and Watered.

I ended up with 375,259 Acorn Squash (Large) AND 134,934 Acorn Squash.

That's about 278% for the Large and 100% for the Regular.

Don't know why I'm getting the extra 100%.

Koji

TexasStar
Aug 31 2014, 03:30 PM
Well, I sold all of my Non-Ingredients and then hired someone to Harvest and Plow my 134,934 fields of Acorn Squash. The fields had all been Fertilized and Watered.

I ended up with 375,259 Acorn Squash (Large) AND 134,934 Acorn Squash.

That's about 278% for the Large and 100% for the Regular.

Don't know why I'm getting the extra 100%.

Koji

Well, I am glad you are getting all of yours! It gives me hope. I saw that if you hire stranger, then you get 2 boxes instead of 1, so maybe that is the extra 100% regular. Thank you for confirming. I was also expecting the 278% but not the extra 100% since it was a neighbor. Hopefully mine will start working properly :)

Rob T
Aug 31 2014, 05:51 PM
Thank you. The information on the amount earned by neighbors is helpful. I edited my post to remove the information about how much the neighbor received based although I could not find the increase listed on the Mar 2014 news release and the game guide is still quoting 10%!

Although the Dan bonuses are "chance", I always get them when I harvest myself, and can calculate the yield to within 2 or 3 boxes, especially in such a large quantity. I also have always received them when I have checked when other people harvest for me. I think you may be on to something in that the amount missing is very close to the 28% that we may receive for the dan belt.

Thank you for your help but I hope to get a response from a moderator on this issue :)

What seraphina has told you is correct, she speaks on behalf of the moderators, as we can't always be here.

Aussie Rae
Aug 31 2014, 06:09 PM
Well, I am glad you are getting all of yours! It gives me hope. I saw that if you hire stranger, then you get 2 boxes instead of 1, so maybe that is the extra 100% regular. Thank you for confirming. I was also expecting the 278% but not the extra 100% since it was a neighbor. Hopefully mine will start working properly :)

When you hire a friend or stranger and they collect the bonus chest, the hiring farmer also gets an extra (small) box of products, and always has since the bonus came about. So both parties win.

max_river
Aug 31 2014, 06:15 PM
is it me or has the 2 weeks have gone by as we are still waiting for the quest

famer charlie
Aug 31 2014, 06:51 PM
im ready to for the new quest to start

KnightRider
Aug 31 2014, 06:57 PM
is it me or has the 2 weeks have gone by as we are still waiting for the quest

im ready to for the new quest to start

Hello Max and Charlie,

I am sure as soon as the dev's have the new quests ready to be added to the game that they will add it, we just have to be patient and wait for them to get everything ready.

Sephrenia
Sep 02 2014, 12:36 AM
In FT only I'm having a problem with the boxes being too big - like the quest box which doubles the line of days at the bottom and I can't see how many quests I've finished. This is horrid :(

Rob T
Sep 02 2014, 08:30 AM
In FT only I'm having a problem with the boxes being too big - like the quest box which doubles the line of days at the bottom and I can't see how many quests I've finished. This is horrid :(

Hi Sephrenia,

This is usually caused by your browser being zoomed in past 100%,
pressing ctrl + zero will usually correct this.

Sephrenia
Sep 02 2014, 09:18 AM
ok -- I tried that. Put on my flow chart hat. From one tab. From the FB Home Page. From inside FarmTown. From inside the box. Logged out, closed browser (chrome). Back in - still the box is too big. Out of game, logged off, deleted cookies and stuff, closed browser, back in, the box is still too big. Considering I'm up 15 minutes - I tried Firefox. The box is perfect. I did have Chrome too big at one point, but I can always fix it. Think if I removed chrome using windows and re-install it, I would be good?

Taz D
Sep 02 2014, 09:31 AM
ok -- I tried that. Put on my flow chart hat. From one tab. From the FB Home Page. From inside FarmTown. From inside the box. Logged out, closed browser (chrome). Back in - still the box is too big. Out of game, logged off, deleted cookies and stuff, closed browser, back in, the box is still too big. Considering I'm up 15 minutes - I tried Firefox. The box is perfect. I did have Chrome too big at one point, but I can always fix it. Think if I removed chrome using windows and re-install it, I would be good?
Hi Sephrenia,
That might reset the size. It should only be the Farm Town browser tab though and not the Facebook one that is over sized. If the Ctrl 0 (zero) doesn't change it just look in the Chrome options for the view zoom setting and try changing it there down to 100%. Also make sure your fonts are not set too large in Chrome either as that can effect it as well.

Sephrenia
Sep 02 2014, 10:37 AM
I'll look, but I do have the zoom at 100%. Oddly I notice in this tab - where I'm in the reply box - I'm at 150%. Something is messy.

Sephrenia
Sep 02 2014, 12:23 PM
I've set the forums (only way I can really say it since 150% kept coming back here) to 100%. So I go into the game, into the quest box. I look at the zoom setting. It's 100%. To get to the fonts setting I have to go into settings. It opens a new tab. My fonts are on Medium. Sounds good to me. A friend of mine is blaming FB or FT or FT Forums for this. I did not do anything to get the whole of Chrome to pop up to 150% that day this problem started. I just figured I had to reset to 100% and I'd be good to go. Not working for that quest window.

npg
Sep 02 2014, 02:48 PM
Developers, any idea when new levels will be added? Level 550 is all well and good, but it would be nice to get a few more farm cash. :)

Great game, great work... Keep it up.

Taz D
Sep 02 2014, 03:10 PM
Developers, any idea when new levels will be added? Level 550 is all well and good, but it would be nice to get a few more farm cash. :)

Great game, great work... Keep it up.
Hi npg,
They are the only ones who know, but they don't tell us when until you see it in a new release.

Taz D
Sep 02 2014, 03:18 PM
I've set the forums (only way I can really say it since 150% kept coming back here) to 100%. So I go into the game, into the quest box. I look at the zoom setting. It's 100%. To get to the fonts setting I have to go into settings. It opens a new tab. My fonts are on Medium. Sounds good to me. A friend of mine is blaming FB or FT or FT Forums for this. I did not do anything to get the whole of Chrome to pop up to 150% that day this problem started. I just figured I had to reset to 100% and I'd be good to go. Not working for that quest window.
Hi Sephrenia,
Setting the browser view back to 100% should work. It is not something Facebook or Farmtown changed or everyone would have this problem and not just with Chrome. Since it is only Chrome for you and not other browsers like Firefox then the problem has to be in your Chrome. You could try resetting Chrome back to default settings and see if that will work. Or uninstall it as you were talking about before and reinstalling it.
The forums are not connected in any way to Facebook or Farm Town, but is on a completely seperate server.
For your fonts there is an advanced settings you can click on where individual font uses can be changed.

Queen.of.Clutter
Sep 03 2014, 05:59 AM
I had a problem with this a while back, driving me NUTS ! I boiled it down to the use of CCleaner .... each time I ran it, not only did my computer start zooming all over the place, but my desktop icons kept re-arranging. I quit running the CCleaner, and it hasn't happened since.

Sephrenia
Sep 03 2014, 07:09 AM
I haven't run CCleaner. But miracles! - it's fixed this morning! Thanks to the devs if they did something :)

Taz D
Sep 03 2014, 10:16 AM
I haven't run CCleaner. But miracles! - it's fixed this morning! Thanks to the devs if they did something :)
Hi Sephrenia,
I am glad it is fixed but no the developers didn't do anything.

hurican
Sep 03 2014, 11:55 AM
question ......... why does my facilitiy an bonus postings not show up on the farmtown request wall ??

Taz D
Sep 03 2014, 12:19 PM
question ......... why does my facilitiy an bonus postings not show up on the farmtown request wall ??
Hi Hurican,
Do you mean on your own Farm Town wall requests or on your friends/neighbors? If it is your own then you won't see your's on that.

beverduster
Sep 03 2014, 02:53 PM
why cant i get into ft from the slashkey form?

Taz D
Sep 03 2014, 02:55 PM
why cant i get into ft from the slashkey form?
My Facebook is down, so since the Farm Town connection from the forum is actually through Facebook then that may be why. Have you tried getting in to Facebook?

KnightRider
Sep 03 2014, 02:57 PM
My Facebook is down, so since the Farm Town connection from the forum is actually through Facebook then that may be why. Have you tried getting in to Facebook?

I just tried and my FB is down also, hopefully it won't be long before they get it back up.

Taz D
Sep 03 2014, 03:04 PM
I just tried and my FB is down also, hopefully it won't be long before they get it back up.
Mine is back up. It was down for about 15 or 20 minutes.

KnightRider
Sep 03 2014, 03:07 PM
Mine is back up. It was down for about 15 or 20 minutes.

Mine is back up, I got back home just at the right time.

bruhelmboldt
Sep 03 2014, 04:14 PM
Hello James,

You can look at the game guide if you need information on like land upgrades, tools, factories. You can also look at the store in the different sections or even go and look back at previous releases and see when items come out.

Where is the list of previous releases, please? Can't find it with a mind dulled by medication. Thanks. :o

Taz D
Sep 03 2014, 04:22 PM
Where is the list of previous releases, please? Can't find it with a mind dulled by medication. Thanks. :o
Hi Bruhelmboldt,
They are here in the same forum with the release you posted in. Go to the heading News & Announcements and all the previous releases are listed by date.

TexasStar
Sep 03 2014, 04:30 PM
When you hire a friend or stranger and they collect the bonus chest, the hiring farmer also gets an extra (small) box of products, and always has since the bonus came about. So both parties win.

The bonus chest and extra box of products is only for hiring strangers, not friends or buddies.

bruhelmboldt
Sep 03 2014, 04:31 PM
Hi Bruhelmboldt,
They are here in the same forum with the release you posted in. Go to the heading News & Announcements and all the previous releases are listed by date.

Ahhh. Got it. Thanks much!

KnightRider
Sep 03 2014, 04:44 PM
Raul just posted the following:

Post Release Updates - September 2nd, 5:00PM EST

- The cooperative quests is taking more time than expected, we should have the first version completed by sometime next week.

Begonia Wildwind
Sep 03 2014, 06:18 PM

My FB is working ok, just can't get into FT...

Taz D
Sep 03 2014, 06:51 PM
My FB is working ok, just can't get into FT...
Hi Begonia,
Please try the suggestions in the first post of the following thread in Help & Support. If you still cannot get into Farm Town please reply to that thread.

Texas Belle
Sep 03 2014, 10:49 PM
Hi Begonia,
Please try the suggestions in the first post of the following thread in Help & Support. If you still cannot get into Farm Town please reply to that thread.

FB and consequently FT was down today for a while, but its working fine now... not one person's problems it was everybody out.. I couldn't get on FB for a long time...just waited patiently for Safari to tell me it had connection...:)

Texas Belle
Sep 03 2014, 10:50 PM
BTW isn't it about time to close the thread? Just wishful thinking...

Taz D
Sep 03 2014, 10:54 PM
BTW isn't it about time to close the thread? Just wishful thinking...
Don't think we better do that yet Texas Belle. Raul just posted today that the cooperative quests have been delayed as it is taking longer to program it.

Texas Belle
Sep 04 2014, 01:34 PM
Don't think we better do that yet Texas Belle. Raul just posted today that the cooperative quests have been delayed as it is taking longer to program it.

Ooopps better wait then... :)

DianeCK
Sep 04 2014, 01:35 PM

Its fine by me i am sure it will be fun, rather wait a bit longer for it to work right..

Aussie Rae
Sep 04 2014, 06:15 PM
The bonus chest and extra box of products is only for hiring strangers, not friends or buddies.

excuse me but you can hire your friends and they will get the bonus chest, you just have to make sure they are not neighbours or buddys with you and you are not neighbours or buddys with them. I have been hiring friends who get the bonus chest from the first day the bonus chest was released and all get the bonus chest and I get the extra box(small) as well, :)

whosyou?
Sep 04 2014, 09:14 PM
Did you guys do a upgrade to the forums?Links,and other things look slightly different.Looked at a few other forums,and they seem to be same as always.

Taz D
Sep 04 2014, 09:33 PM
Did you guys do a upgrade to the forums?Links,and other things look slightly different.Looked at a few other forums,and they seem to be same as always.
Hi Whosyou,
No changes have been made to the forum software. We have made some layout/name changes for the top sections of the forum for the information threads, but nothing else. Links and things like that are still the same colors and underlined.

maggiel29
Sep 05 2014, 04:37 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10632761_832139970138316_3206055613612486755_n.jpg ?oh=0d05e7c1e35087aef97f872449a9ffef&oe=549ABC11&__gda__=1419275981_cb6d5faac7a59d8253fa0ac2ff676a3 bApologies if this is in the wrong place. Dont know if some changes are being made to the game but as of yesterday I seem to have no control over the pointer. It seems to click on things that are underneath the pop up menus. So replanting my quest farm is a nightmare. I just clicked on Alfalfa in the menu and it went over some 1 day crops that didnt need replacing - (see picture) I am using the 5x5 combine harvest plow and sow. Also the pointer selects things I havent clicked on - for example I am trying to scroll down in the seeds menu and it keeps selecting a seed. Or in the Facs Manager scrolling down inside a facility to select a particular item I suddenly find I have started something I didnt want to. I hope this makes sense. Its driving me totally nuts. There doesnt seem to be a problem with my mouse using other functions on my computer.
Thinking about it what seems to be happening is the pointer/clicker is reacting faster than the display is refreshing (which isnt slow by any means) - my mouse doesnt seem to have become super sensitive so I have no idea what the problem is.

WillowTreeFarm
Sep 05 2014, 05:41 AM
Maggiel29, I understand what you mean! My mouse started doing the same thing. I click on one thing, something else comes up. I cleaned everything like they say to do plus I rebooted the computer, it seems to have helped a little.

PawPaw99
Sep 05 2014, 09:19 AM
excuse me but you can hire your friends and they will get the bonus chest, you just have to make sure they are not neighbours or buddys with you and you are not neighbours or buddys with them. I have been hiring friends who get the bonus chest from the first day the bonus chest was released and all get the bonus chest and I get the extra box(small) as well, :)

Something seems wrong with the above logic, if i understand what they are doing. It seems that if you are friends, neighbors or buddies with someone they should get more bonus points that total strangers. Guess that means the quickest way to get up in XPs and coins is to be mean to everyone and not like anybody. Just like the real world. Send millions to foreign countries to help them but ignore your neighbors that need a few crumbs to help them to the next paycheck.

Taz D
Sep 05 2014, 09:54 AM
Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Dont know if some changes are being made to the game but as of yesterday I seem to have no control over the pointer. It seems to click on things that are underneath the pop up menus. So replanting my quest farm is a nightmare. I just clicked on Alfalfa in the menu and it went over some 1 day crops that didnt need replacing - (see picture) I am using the 5x5 combine harvest plow and sow. Also the pointer selects things I havent clicked on - for example I am trying to scroll down in the seeds menu and it keeps selecting a seed. Or in the Facs Manager scrolling down inside a facility to select a particular item I suddenly find I have started something I didnt want to. I hope this makes sense. Its driving me totally nuts. There doesnt seem to be a problem with my mouse using other functions on my computer.
Thinking about it what seems to be happening is the pointer/clicker is reacting faster than the display is refreshing (which isnt slow by any means) - my mouse doesnt seem to have become super sensitive so I have no idea what the problem is.
Hi Maggie,
If you are using a wireless mouse try changing the battery. When the battery becomes weak then strange things start happening with it. It is more noticable in the game because their are more places for it to react.

Taz D
Sep 05 2014, 10:04 AM
Something seems wrong with the above logic, if i understand what they are doing. It seems that if you are friends, neighbors or buddies with someone they should get more bonus points that total strangers. Guess that means the quickest way to get up in XPs and coins is to be mean to everyone and not like anybody. Just like the real world. Send millions to foreign countries to help them but ignore your neighbors that need a few crumbs to help them to the next paycheck.
Hi PawPaw,
The purpose for creating the bonus chest for strangers was to get people to hire more from the market and as an incentive for more to want to work from the market. This was lagging because there wasn't any incentive specially for doing trees, flowers and fishing.
As was stated you can be friends with the people you hire from the market and they will get the bonus. Along with that those friends can also work your facilities.

PawPaw99
Sep 05 2014, 10:16 AM
Hi PawPaw,
The purpose for creating the bonus chest for strangers was to get people to hire more from the market and as an incentive for more to want to work from the market. This was lagging because there wasn't any incentive specially for doing trees, flowers and fishing.
As was stated you can be friends with the people you hire from the market and they will get the bonus. Along with that those friends can also work your facilities.

But why would you want to penalize someone for being your neighbor or buddy? I dont disagree with the bonus to helpl draw people to working from the market, but why put a make neighbors and buddies second class citizens? Friends are still first class unless they are a neighbor or buddy then they no longer can get the bonus.

knolan
Sep 05 2014, 10:22 AM
Hi PawPaw,

What is the benefit to the game for hiring from the market versus hiring your neighbors?

Taz D
Sep 05 2014, 10:29 AM
But why would you want to penalize someone for being your neighbor or buddy? I dont disagree with the bonus to helpl draw people to working from the market, but why put a make neighbors and buddies second class citizens? Friends are still first class unless they are a neighbor or buddy then they no longer can get the bonus.
Everyone gets something. Your neighbors and buddies still get the amounts they were getting before so they are not getting penalized.
This is additional to help those who go to the market to look for work to level up faster gaining more coins, experience and crops. There is nothing keeping your neighbors or buddies from going to the market and working too for other non-neighbors. They may not get the bonus working for you, but they can get it from others.

Eradani
Sep 05 2014, 06:17 PM
What is the benefit to the game for hiring from the market versus hiring your neighbors?

because if more people interact through the market, the game stays more interesting and more people play longer.

beautysmom
Sep 05 2014, 09:14 PM
Okay, again--the dev's must be playing on the production servers. I have not been able to work clients in any farm I have been to today, for the most part, even friends and neighbors who have not posted in days, and now I can't work facillities either. Have cleared cached repeatedly, and am stressing now. Can my neighbors work mine? Sigh.... If only the next release would be worth bothering with, unlike the last few. And yes, I have cleared cache, run memcache and restarted repeatedly....

Taz D
Sep 05 2014, 09:27 PM
Okay, again--the dev's must be playing on the production servers. I have not been able to work clients in any farm I have been to today, for the most part, even friends and neighbors who have not posted in days, and now I can't work facillities either. Have cleared cached repeatedly, and am stressing now. Can my neighbors work mine? Sigh.... If only the next release would be worth bothering with, unlike the last few. And yes, I have cleared cache, run memcache and restarted repeatedly....
Hi Beautysmom,
I can't say whether they have been working on anything, but they usually confine it to a single server they use for testing any changes before they roll anything out to the rest of the servers.
Have you checked the times for reworking facilities or services in the clock tool in your toolbox? This will tell you how many hours before you can rework any of those. It is not how long since you worked an individual's facilities, but is how long since you have worked any facilities.

Majik Merlin
Sep 05 2014, 11:19 PM
HELP

All of my production in ALL of my facilities is zeroed out...there is NOTHING

Taz D
Sep 05 2014, 11:32 PM
HELP

All of my production in ALL of my facilities is zeroed out...there is NOTHING
Hi Majik Merlin,
Check your date and time in your computer and make sure they are correct. If it is incorrect it can cause things like this happening.

maggiel29
Sep 06 2014, 04:46 AM
Hi Maggie,
If you are using a wireless mouse try changing the battery. When the battery becomes weak then strange things start happening with it. It is more noticable in the game because their are more places for it to react.

Thanks Taz and Willowtree Farm - I changed my mouse - it seems to be better now - the mouse wasnt wireless Taz but it started acting up on other things. Thanks for the help guys

Majik Merlin
Sep 06 2014, 07:31 AM
Hi Majik Merlin,
Check your date and time in your computer and make sure they are correct. If it is incorrect it can cause things like this happening.

date and time are ok. I went in and worked my facs again and they showed 100 percent. When I went back in to do something for a quest, all were at zero
with zero pending AGAIN. worked some again, left the page, came back and they again zeroed out.

marymarcel
Sep 06 2014, 08:11 AM
date and time are ok. I went in and worked my facs again and they showed 100 percent. When I went back in to do something for a quest, all were at zero
with zero pending AGAIN. worked some again, left the page, came back and they again zeroed out.

Hi Majik Merlin!

I have visited your farm 4 Industrial Park 1 and checked some of your factories there, thay are showed as fully loaded and some of the products are ready to store. Are you still seeing them with all 0? :)

Taz D
Sep 06 2014, 10:08 AM
Thanks Taz and Willowtree Farm - I changed my mouse - it seems to be better now - the mouse wasnt wireless Taz but it started acting up on other things. Thanks for the help guys
You are welcome. Unfortunately all these games are hard on mice, specially that left button. I can't tell you how many mice I have replaced over the years because the left button wore out.

maggiel29
Sep 07 2014, 01:57 AM
You are welcome. Unfortunately all these games are hard on mice, specially that left button. I can't tell you how many mice I have replaced over the years because the left button wore out.

Yeah that and the keyboard when hubby used to play space invaders :D:D:D

Majik Merlin
Sep 07 2014, 06:04 PM
Hi Majik Merlin!

I have visited your farm 4 Industrial Park 1 and checked some of your factories there, thay are showed as fully loaded and some of the products are ready to store. Are you still seeing them with all 0? :)

I see zero in production but do show some done. I worked all my facs and most were 100 percent or 90 percent... i leave and come backa short time later... 0 in production and 0 percent.

NOW my flowers which i KNOW are readyto harvest says they will be ready in 90.7 days. WTH?

Taz D
Sep 07 2014, 06:12 PM
I see zero in production but do show some done. I worked all my facs and most were 100 percent or 90 percent... i leave and come backa short time later... 0 in production and 0 percent.

NOW my flowers which i KNOW are readyto harvest says they will be ready in 90.7 days. WTH?
Hi Majik,
The only way this could be showing this much difference is your computer date and time being not current. Check not just the time but the date as well and make sure it is correct for month, day and year.
This may be that the battery in your computer is failing causing the time and date to flucuate which could cause things to appear right and then later not be right like your facility loads.

Majik Merlin
Sep 07 2014, 09:45 PM
Hi Majik,
The only way this could be showing this much difference is your computer date and time being not current. Check not just the time but the date as well and make sure it is correct for month, day and year.
This may be that the battery in your computer is failing causing the time and date to flucuate which could cause things to appear right and then later not be right like your facility loads.

I had already checked settings and they were OK...perhaps the battery maybe, but whatever.... I am now normal!!! Well, my farm is anyway. Thanks for the efforts as I teetered with going crazy.

Taz D
Sep 07 2014, 09:52 PM
I had already checked settings and they were OK...perhaps the battery maybe, but whatever.... I am now normal!!! Well, my farm is anyway. Thanks for the efforts as I teetered with going crazy.
When you see that things are off like that then check your date and time. If they have corrected by automatic download, then restart your farms. That should temporarily fix it until you can get the battery replaced.

Rob T
Sep 07 2014, 11:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

Best farm contest is now officially opened, best of luck to all those that enter, here is the link to the thread for the contests. Be sure to read the top post before entering. http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5869970#post5869970

beautysmom
Sep 09 2014, 10:40 PM
I still cannot work neighbors' farms--even if they have not posted for a few days, it still tells me that "Oops, I've already done these today"--my calendar and time are correct, I clear cache every time I close Firefox, I have run memcache repeatedly.... What is the problem here?

Rob T
Sep 09 2014, 10:47 PM
I still cannot work neighbors' farms--even if they have not posted for a few days, it still tells me that "Oops, I've already done these today"--my calendar and time are correct, I clear cache every time I close Firefox, I have run memcache repeatedly.... What is the problem here?

Hi beautysmom,

I am sorry you have been having these issues. I have done a deeper clean than your memcache will allow. Try it now, see if it works for you.

beverduster
Sep 11 2014, 12:10 PM
isnt it about time for the next up date?

Meg50
Sep 11 2014, 01:09 PM
isnt it about time for the next up date?

probably not - cos this thread would have been locked if it were....

Docperk
Sep 11 2014, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it is closed soon and update early next week if not sooner. :)

Lance75231
Sep 11 2014, 06:12 PM
last month the thread was locked right before the new updates. but never know what will happen or when updates will be out, only the dev