PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- September 18th, 2014

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Taz D
Sep 26 2014, 11:57 PM
I agree and that makes sense but I need 4 flowers and they only gave me 3 sticky notes.......:confused:
You don't get enough stickies to do everything. That is why you go around to your neighbors first and see if any of them have 1 of the flowers.

boduke66
Sep 27 2014, 12:38 AM
quick question in regards to the new cooperative quests,do they count as part of the challenge 8 quests in 7 days or are they separate,just wondered,sorry if i have posted this in the wrong thread.

LazyMare
Sep 27 2014, 05:25 AM
I am finding it very frustrating not to be able to help Friends and Neighbours once my own CQ is finished - so decided to not start the last step until the Quest will soon expire, so hopefully will always have one open.
Question - can Friends and Neighbours still get apples from me - see attached (hopefully) snip? 21934
Also - is it technically possible to show the blue dot on the My Neighbours TAB rather than just on the in game My Neighbours Bar?
Fun so far, but more daunting and time-consuming than the original quests

Mrs. Pink
Sep 27 2014, 05:26 AM
You don't get enough stickies to do everything. That is why you go around to your neighbors first and see if any of them have 1 of the flowers.

I understand this part from the directions, but I wonder if the devs shouldn't have limited the quest types that were initially doled out to everyone at the beginning. In going around to my neighbor's farms to see if they have what I need or to help them with their "Help" sticky notes, I'm now seeing a lot of "expired" quests for them. My first quest finished successfully b/c it only had a few simple steps, but I suspect that the quest I have now will expire just like I'm seeing at their farms b/c I'm just not finding anyone with the product for the last step I need before I have to complete the quest myself in one of my facilities. It's a shame that a couple of people went through the time and trouble to check my quest box and help me with ingredients from my "Help" stickies, but it will probably expire b/c I'm just not locating this last thing I need when I visit any of them b/c none of them have a similar quest with the same ingredients as me...:(

maggiel29
Sep 27 2014, 07:16 AM
I understand this part from the directions, but I wonder if the devs shouldn't have limited the quest types that were initially doled out to everyone at the beginning. In going around to my neighbor's farms to see if they have what I need or to help them with their "Help" sticky notes, I'm now seeing a lot of "expired" quests for them. My first quest finished successfully b/c it only had a few simple steps, but I suspect that the quest I have now will expire just like I'm seeing at their farms b/c I'm just not finding anyone with the product for the last step I need before I have to complete the quest myself in one of my facilities. It's a shame that a couple of people went through the time and trouble to check my quest box and help me with ingredients from my "Help" stickies, but it will probably expire b/c I'm just not locating this last thing I need when I visit any of them b/c none of them have a similar quest with the same ingredients as me...:(

Maybe the Devs could add another option to stop this happening? Like the option to make, harvest etc the needed product yourself or use your own stock - 2 or 3 depending on the steps in the Quest?

Farmer_Susan
Sep 27 2014, 08:02 AM
Here's another suggestion: I finished my first co-op quest yesterday and was disappointed to see that the amount of coins I received was about the same that I've been getting for regular quests. If the co-op quests are meant to be more challenging (which to me, they are), shouldn't we get a bigger reward? Just sayin'

earlgray
Sep 27 2014, 08:06 AM
My quest for today requires getting alfalfa, clover and hay. Those things are used for only a very few products, so unless someone has the exact same quest I do, I think the odds of getting them are slim to none. And I only have to yellow help flags. This necessity of a neighbor needing something for a quest that you need just doesn't seem to be a very good idea. To make matters worse, there are only about 4 of my neighbors doing the co-op quests, and although I've added a few, there's a limit to how much of that I'm going to do, especially if it isn't going to help that much anyhow.

KnightRider
Sep 27 2014, 08:54 AM
I am finding it very frustrating not to be able to help Friends and Neighbours once my own CQ is finished - so decided to not start the last step until the Quest will soon expire, so hopefully will always have one open.
Question - can Friends and Neighbours still get apples from me - see attached (hopefully) snip? 21934
Also - is it technically possible to show the blue dot on the My Neighbours TAB rather than just on the in game My Neighbours Bar?

Hello LazyMare,

You can still sell products to your neighbors even after you have a check mark, you just can't
purchase from a quest that has expired.

TexasStar
Sep 27 2014, 10:40 AM
I agree and that makes sense but I need 4 flowers and they only gave me 3 sticky notes.......:confused:
RE: coop quests
I needed flowers, 4 types also, but only got 2 notes. There are so few quests that require flowers, compared to other ingredients that I was not able to find anyone. A neighbor had a neighbor with same problem and got us to be friends and neighbors so I was finally able to do the quest. I only had 1 day too, so that made it harder :) Other quests will be easier I think.

Dutch85
Sep 27 2014, 10:53 AM
Sadly so many of my friends and neighbors are choosing not to do the co-op quests, which means I can't get enough of what I need to do my own quests. I'm afraid they are "shell shocked" about these quests because of their experience with the other farm game.

hurican
Sep 27 2014, 10:54 AM
as time goes ..more people will join in......an more CQ's will open ...... hence more to choose from .......

Taz D
Sep 27 2014, 11:14 AM
Sadly so many of my friends and neighbors are choosing not to do the co-op quests, which means I can't get enough of what I need to do my own quests. I'm afraid they are "shell shocked" about these quests because of their experience with the other farm game.
Sorry to hear that Dutch. Maybe you can talk to them and tell them this is not like the other game. There isn't any posting or begging needed on the newsfeed for these. It is all handled within the game and up to them to check their neighbors quests for items they need or can sell.

Grammy 11
Sep 27 2014, 11:48 AM
May I put in a happy word for the blue quests? This morning I had a 10 stepper and after one round of my neighbors I fulfilled all but 5 steps. (less than a third of my neighbors play) That meant I could use my 5 flags for help (actually, I only needed 4, wish I could save the last one and move it on to the next quest) Give it a chance, don't use your flags till you check your friends and neighbors for help and give the Devs some slack, it's on its third day!!!! Happy questing!!

TexasStar
Sep 27 2014, 11:50 AM
Raul just posted updates on the co-op quests:

Post Release Updates - September 26th, 1:00AM EST

Cooperative Quests changes:

-To help on the initial phase we increased the expiration time for all Cooperative Quests by 3 days, this applies only to newly created quests, this may go down or up again in the future
-To help on the initial phase we increased the Buy limit per single quest from 1 to unlimited, this number may go down again in the future
-We now show how many coins were spent or earned when buying and selling products to friends
-Show explanation with the meaning of the blue dot when someone opens a neighbour Quest Manager that doesn't have any active quests
-Fixed bug that was showing null in some Cooperative Quest Managers

The increase in time for completing the coop quest should be a big help in keeping people interested. TY. I hope it stays in place. So much of these quests is chance that neighbors having a quest open with at least some of the items you need to allow us to use the Help Notes effectively. I was also glad to see I could buy more than 1 item from the same person. With the limit being so low on the number of neighbors and only a small percentage doing the quests, we need some extra help.

boduke66
Sep 27 2014, 11:57 AM
nobody has answered my question,see post number 252,thanks

KnightRider
Sep 27 2014, 12:03 PM
quick question in regards to the new cooperative quests,do they count as part of the challenge 8 quests in 7 days or are they separate,just wondered,sorry if i have posted this in the wrong thread.

nobody has answered my question,see post number 252,thanks

They are suppose to be completely separate from the other quests.

boduke66
Sep 27 2014, 12:05 PM
okay thanks for your quick reply,much appreciated

KnightRider
Sep 27 2014, 12:10 PM
okay thanks for your quick reply,much appreciated

Your welcome.

max_river
Sep 27 2014, 01:04 PM
i wish we had the choice to use some of our stuff maybe when you have hit 75 percent done from friends

Eradani
Sep 27 2014, 01:36 PM

i've got a few neighbors doing the CQs and found a couple that were done up to the last step. the Buy button was there (greyed out because i didn't need the item).

sooo, i've decided to let my quests sit until they're going to expire that day before doing the last step. that way, my neighbors have more quests to choose from for ingredients and hopefully they'll let their quests sit till the last day too so i have more chance at getting the ingredients i need.

this will have the added bonus of being able to save my stickies for rare items.

----
and... dear devs: plz plz Sort by QC on neighbor bar with you being first so the bar starts at the beginning and not in the middle.

boduke66
Sep 27 2014, 09:25 PM
They are suppose to be completely separate from the other quests.

Apparently they are connected,before i completed a cooperative quest tonight i had 3 completed quests,after i completed my cooperative quest i had 4 quests completed,i have not completed any of my other regular quests today,but only the developers know for sure,just thought i'd pass this information along.

KnightRider
Sep 27 2014, 09:27 PM
Apparently they are connected,before i completed a cooperative quest tonight i had 3 completed quests,after i completed my cooperative quest i had 4 quests completed,i have not completed any of my other regular quests today,but only the developers know for sure,just thought i'd pass this information along.

Hello boduke66,

The developers have been notified of this.

Rugged Barbie
Sep 27 2014, 09:28 PM
I'm very surprised and disappointed to see the Funeral Services are in the new co-op quests. This is a problem for me.

RFMad
Sep 27 2014, 11:47 PM
Tonight when buying on neighbors quests, I could only buy one item. I thought it was now unlimited?
Does it show the cost of how much we spend or earn BEFORE we do it? OR after?
I'm not sure I understand the point of these quests, yet except taking up a lot of time :(

dave1949
Sep 28 2014, 01:48 AM
I have 3 coop quests open, just visited 12 neighbours with such quests and not one could help me. With odds like that, I could never complete a quest in 4 days. Please devs look at improvements please.

SeamsToBeSew
Sep 28 2014, 03:35 AM
I'll be honest, I'm not sure how well I like this new quest type. It's very limited on us helping our neighbors and even tho it's easy enough to visit there quest windows, it's frustrating to open one and not be able to help, or even find what we need of our own.

I would like to see us be able to send an ad, even if it's limited to every so many hours like ingredient requests are. People who are our friends but not our neighbors can't help us if they don't know what we may need.

I also think that we should be able to help our neighbors even if we aren't running a quest ourselves.

We shouldn't be limited by what we need for our own quests to help someone out either, with the buy/sell requests at only 1 or 2 items, it's seems a little silly to limit us on this.

I can't see this working out if some changes aren't made that make it easier for people to help.

We should also be able to help ourselves, especially if we are getting to the expiration period ending and the quest will expire.

Satis
Sep 28 2014, 05:48 AM
Since the new release I have been unable to load Paper Roll in the Paper Mill. I'm getting the 'You can only have 540 x Paper Roll loaded in this facility' message. It is showing as having 669 still in production! I've been running it down for days. Two current quests require Paper Roll and I'm completely stuck. This has never happened before.

Help!

Abbey's Acres
Sep 28 2014, 06:38 AM
ok - I give up! I just spent 20 mins composing a message about 3 issues I encountered today only to get caught in a loop of "Thanks for logging in Abbey's Acres" & "please hit your Back button" back & forth. Obviously this is not my day lol

Nancy123456
Sep 28 2014, 10:11 AM
I am confused. Did I or did I not read somewhere that with the CQ's one could help a Farm Town friend or buy something from a friend from the neighbor tab in the game? After adding some new friends, I visited them by clicking their picture, went to their farms and was unable to see their blue box.

I would suggest if you want us to use/play the CQ's the developers increase our neighbor limits.

I really enjoy the challenge of the new quests...but......

KnightRider
Sep 28 2014, 10:14 AM
I'll be honest, I'm not sure how well I like this new quest type. It's very limited on us helping our neighbors and even tho it's easy enough to visit there quest windows, it's frustrating to open one and not be able to help, or even find what we need of our own.

I would like to see us be able to send an ad, even if it's limited to every so many hours like ingredient requests are. People who are our friends but not our neighbors can't help us if they don't know what we may need.

I also think that we should be able to help our neighbors even if we aren't running a quest ourselves.

We shouldn't be limited by what we need for our own quests to help someone out either, with the buy/sell requests at only 1 or 2 items, it's seems a little silly to limit us on this.

I can't see this working out if some changes aren't made that make it easier for people to help.

We should also be able to help ourselves, especially if we are getting to the expiration period ending and the quest will expire.

Hello SeamsToBeSew,

You can go to your friends farms and open up their coop quest managers to see if you can buy items from them for your quests. For changes you think should go into the coop quests you should put them in the suggestion section where the developers would see them, you can't start a new thread but you can post in a thread that is close to what you are suggesting, you could post these suggestions in the quest thread.

Taz D
Sep 28 2014, 10:17 AM
Since the new release I have been unable to load Paper Roll in the Paper Mill. I'm getting the 'You can only have 540 x Paper Roll loaded in this facility' message. It is showing as having 669 still in production! I've been running it down for days. Two current quests require Paper Roll and I'm completely stuck. This has never happened before.

Help!
Hi Satis,
This happened with the increase in production for the items added. There are a couple ways to get this corrected. Let it run on down until it gets under 540 or get your neighbors to work your facilities so it will go down faster or buy another paper mill (coins) and start it on another farm for your quests.

KnightRider
Sep 28 2014, 10:19 AM
I am confused. Did I or did I not read somewhere that with the CQ's one could help a Farm Town friend or buy something from a friend from the neighbor tab in the game? After adding some new friends, I visited them by clicking their picture, went to their farms and was unable to see their blue box.

I would suggest if you want us to use/play the CQ's the developers increase our neighbor limits.

I really enjoy the challenge of the new quests...but......

If you have just added them as friends it could take a day or so for Facebook to get the data changed. Maybe at that time they just hadn't opened up a new quest and already had finished a quest. For increasing neighbor limits, Facebook has control over that and Slashkey can't do anything about those limits.

chrisluvsanimals
Sep 28 2014, 11:30 AM
Well, once again when I go to friend farms, I'm getting this message when I try to open their co-op quests..and I've verified that they DO have active quests

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah38/chrisluvsanimals/DELL/Pictures/co-op2_zpsf4be77e2.png (http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/chrisluvsanimals/media/DELL/Pictures/co-op2_zpsf4be77e2.png.html)

chrisluvsanimals
Sep 28 2014, 11:37 AM
Also, when I go to try to add neighbors or go to friend farms through the "My Neighbors" tab, I'm getting this instead of the list of neighbors (and I've tried several different browsers)

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah38/chrisluvsanimals/CHRIS-PC/Pictures/neighbor2_zps27b7a0e9.png (http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/chrisluvsanimals/media/CHRIS-PC/Pictures/neighbor2_zps27b7a0e9.png.html)

Taz D
Sep 28 2014, 11:40 AM
Also, when I go to try to add neighbors or go to friend farms through the "My Neighbors" tab, I'm getting this instead of the list of neighbors (and I've tried several different browsers)
Hi Chris,
Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached
It looks to me like you are not getting all the information coming from Facebook in the data transfer.

Shirley Moore Carsten
Sep 28 2014, 01:38 PM
3 Co-Ops...didn't finish any...I'm up that creeek without a paddle. Need to make Co-Op Quests more user friendly!!!

andygoerke
Sep 28 2014, 02:15 PM
3 Co-Ops...didn't finish any...I'm up that creeek without a paddle. Need to make Co-Op Quests more user friendly!!!

you need more neighbors i have completed 4 in 4 days

bjyhey3
Sep 28 2014, 03:00 PM
On a lighter note...I have 180 bunnies freely running around my farm. The Rabbit Hutch (regular one) is full and ready to be harvested but I suddenly have 180 bunnies running around my farm unattended that I didn't purchase or put there from my storage...odd

beverduster
Sep 28 2014, 03:55 PM
i have noticed in the quest thing it is adding all quests done, this is confusing, do we get more fc now for the more we do, why have the 2 combined, you will have a lot of people thinkin they have more coming to them

Taz D
Sep 28 2014, 04:08 PM
i have noticed in the quest thing it is adding all quests done, this is confusing, do we get more fc now for the more we do, why have the 2 combined, you will have a lot of people thinkin they have more coming to them
Hi beverduster,
The developers have been notified about this.

Dulcinea
Sep 28 2014, 04:26 PM
7. Tropical Shakes Stand (Coins): Produces Tropical Shakes.

Papaya Shake
Guava Shake
Mamey Shake
Coconut Shake
Honeydew Blended Shake
Banana Blended Shake
Mango Blended Shake
Super Blended Shake

Bowling Pins --> production was increased to accommodate the demand for an additional service facility

I don't have time to read through the whole thread, but has anyone pointed out that the Ice Cream Factory doesn't produce enough Vanilla Ice Cream for both the Supermarket and the Tropical Shakes Stand?

anstar
Sep 28 2014, 04:43 PM
And with the addition of that Tropical Shakes Stand, the number of items requiring coconuts in some form or fashion is now 17! For a gift only tree with a 4 day harvest cycle. That's one I'm having a hard time keeping up with.

Rugged Barbie
Sep 28 2014, 04:44 PM
I don't have time to read through the whole thread, but has anyone pointed out that the Ice Cream Factory doesn't produce enough Vanilla Ice Cream for both the Supermarket and the Tropical Shakes Stand?

maybe SK wants you to buy the freight car that carries the ice cream we all need?

maggiel29
Sep 28 2014, 04:57 PM
Well, once again when I go to friend farms, I'm getting this message when I try to open their co-op quests..and I've verified that they DO have active quests

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah38/chrisluvsanimals/DELL/Pictures/co-op2_zpsf4be77e2.png (http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/chrisluvsanimals/media/DELL/Pictures/co-op2_zpsf4be77e2.png.html)

Taz Im getting exactly the same as Chris - and Ive done all the usual housekeeping things as Im sure Chris has - there must be a glitch somewhere that only lets certain of us help with quests on neighbours farms. If it helps Im on Server WF38 and I have tried all the browsers (except IE which I wont use).

Texas Belle
Sep 28 2014, 05:14 PM
Hello Farmer Susan,

When a neighbor uses a sticky note and you visit their farm you will see "Sell" so that you can sell the item they need. When you see "Buy" that is if you need that item for your quest you can purchase that item from your neighbor.

And remember when you "Sell" it goes out of your own supply of goods.. and when you "Buy" it goes out of your friend's supply... just a thought... hate to beg so my first one went to waste, 2nd one is going the same way and third was easy so that one will be done in 2 hrs and then I am done for the duration.

Texas Belle
Sep 28 2014, 05:16 PM
And with the addition of that Tropical Shakes Stand, the number of items requiring coconuts in some form or fashion is now 17! For a gift only tree with a 4 day harvest cycle. That's one I'm having a hard time keeping up with.

I am with you on that one, too many factories requiring coconuts, mangos and cherries which all take 4 days to harvest unless you irrigate them and then hurray is 2 days.. not enough time...

Taz D
Sep 28 2014, 05:21 PM
And remember when you "Sell" it goes out of your own supply of goods.. and when you "Buy" it goes out of your friend's supply... just a thought... hate to beg so my first one went to waste, 2nd one is going the same way and third was easy so that one will be done in 2 hrs and then I am done for the duration.
Hi Texas Belle,
The amount you buy or sell though is only the amount needed for the quest unlike buying or selling for the normal quests, so the exchange of product and coins is minimal.

Texas Belle
Sep 28 2014, 05:25 PM
the number of yellow help notes you get depends on the number of steps in the actual quest. I had 10 steps in my quest this morning and I got 5 help notes. you just need to learn WHEN to use the yellow notes. I would keep them for the hard to get items that no one else is going to need

Not when you have to ask for Petro, Polyester Fiber, Polyester Webbing and the tape one, that is three there, and then ask for things from the mines, for my quest i would have had to need about 10 stickers.. and remember those items are hard to come by and when you "sell" to me you are giving it to me from your supply.. so of course my quest went bye-bye.. thank you very much...

Texas Belle
Sep 28 2014, 05:26 PM

It means maybe you have to buy another Ice Cream Factory, I have 3 of them and still not enough...

Grammy 11
Sep 28 2014, 06:03 PM
Not when you have to ask for Petro, Polyester Fiber, Polyester Webbing and the tape one, that is three there, and then ask for things from the mines, for my quest i would have had to need about 10 stickers.. and remember those items are hard to come by and when you "sell" to me you are giving it to me from your supply.. so of course my quest went bye-bye.. thank you very much...

On the other hand, quite a few quests require petro, poly, crude, I stopped asking for them, got the, immediately, saved flag for the specific product, like wavemaker, which fewer people are likely to have. (It was your advice, I think, to save the flags, don't spend them all at once.) Last 2 quests I've had flags left over, would love to be able to move them to the next quest... Happy questing!

James Nelson
Sep 28 2014, 08:50 PM
Hi everyone. I can't seem to figure out the cooperative quests. How do I buy the products I need from friends/neighbors? People are selling me the products I put the yellow notes on. When I go to a neighbor's farm w/ the blue light on it says "you cannot buy this product because you don't have any cooperative requests needing it." So 1) how do I buy what I need and 2) how can I sell them items they need that I have.

Thanks for your help!!

Sure would be nice if we could have more neighbors, would have a greater chance of someone having the same or similar quests as me. So that way I could have a better chance of actually working the new quests.

Farmer_Susan
Sep 28 2014, 09:24 PM
Not sure if this has already been answered . . . but say I put a sticky note on an item and no one sells it to me, but in the meantime, I see that item in a friend's quest that I could buy. Can I still buy it? Do I have to take the sticky note off to buy it - or is that even possible?

Taz D
Sep 28 2014, 09:37 PM
Not sure if this has already been answered . . . but say I put a sticky note on an item and no one sells it to me, but in the meantime, I see that item in a friend's quest that I could buy. Can I still buy it? Do I have to take the sticky note off to buy it - or is that even possible?
Hi Susan,
Once you put the sticky note on you can't take it back off nor can you buy at that point. So be sure you want to place that sticky.
Edit: We have discovered since writing this that you can buy an item even if you have a sticky on as long as the item has not been sold to you, but don't think you can move a sticky once it is placed.

Texas Belle
Sep 29 2014, 12:13 AM
Well can't get in FT, titles are there but screen is all green.. had a quest to finish, guess it will be tomorrow if its not too late...

LazyMare
Sep 29 2014, 01:57 AM
Hello LazyMare,

You can still sell products to your neighbors even after you have a check mark, you just can't
purchase from a quest that has expired.

Thanks Kitt, that reassures me that I'm doing the right thing by not doing the last step as soon as possible, but my main question was if it would be technically possible to add blue CQ dots to the friends in the My Neighbours Tab - am spending an inordinate ammount of time trawling through people with no CQ open in the hope of finding someone that either has something I need or that I can help out. Opening 80+ farms a day one at a time is not something that I can keep doing long-term.

RozeeS
Sep 29 2014, 04:15 AM
Would someone tell us what is the situation with Co-op Quests completed being added to the count in our Regular Quests? I know the developer's have been alerted but how does this help us when claiming our weekly FC. If the Co-op Quests are showing but not counting towards the total we will think we have more than we actually have.

It's a nice idea that they are being counted towards this total but I know this is unintentional. Are they suddenly going to be removed leaving many of us upset because we thought we had more quests completed than actually were?

Alby Tross
Sep 29 2014, 05:00 AM
Right now I am not happy. I have got two identical quests - and neither can be completed because I cannot get the ingredients. If this carries on I shall not bother with them.

Farmer_Susan
Sep 29 2014, 07:13 AM
Hi Susan,
Once you put the sticky note on you can't take it back off nor can you buy at that point. So be sure you want to place that sticky.
Edit: We have discovered since writing this that you can buy an item even if you have a sticky on as long as the item has not been sold to you, but don't think you can move a sticky once it is placed.

Perfect, thanks. : )

andygoerke
Sep 29 2014, 08:17 AM
Perfect, thanks. : )

you can remove a sticky after it as been placed click it and dump back at the top this must be done prior to buying the item or the sticker will disapear

Taz D
Sep 29 2014, 09:25 AM
Would someone tell us what is the situation with Co-op Quests completed being added to the count in our Regular Quests? I know the developer's have been alerted but how does this help us when claiming our weekly FC. If the Co-op Quests are showing but not counting towards the total we will think we have more than we actually have.

It's a nice idea that they are being counted towards this total but I know this is unintentional. Are they suddenly going to be removed leaving many of us upset because we thought we had more quests completed than actually were?
Hi Rozee,
Since it was the weekend then nothing has been done yet, but as you say this was unintentional. We don't know how they will handle this until Raul addresses it here. It is Monday so we should hear word about it today.

KnightRider
Sep 29 2014, 10:28 AM
Thanks Kitt, that reassures me that I'm doing the right thing by not doing the last step as soon as possible, but my main question was if it would be technically possible to add blue CQ dots to the friends in the My Neighbours Tab - am spending an inordinate ammount of time trawling through people with no CQ open in the hope of finding someone that either has something I need or that I can help out. Opening 80+ farms a day one at a time is not something that I can keep doing long-term.

Hello LazyMare,

Your welcome, for adding the blue dot to friends in the neighbors tab, you would need to put that in the suggestions section in the quest thread so that the developers would be more likely to see it.

Satis
Sep 29 2014, 11:31 AM
Hi Satis,
This happened with the increase in production for the items added. There are a couple ways to get this corrected. Let it run on down until it gets under 540 or get your neighbors to work your facilities so it will go down faster or buy another paper mill (coins) and start it on another farm for your quests.

Hi Taz,

Lateral thinking! I've bought a second paper mill.

Thank you so much for your help.

Satis

TartanLady
Sep 29 2014, 06:58 PM
never did the original quests but after friends posted for us to help out on these co op quests thinking being a good neighbour i would give it a go but i cant have things hanging but oh boy no no no when you have lots of neighbours to have to go trawling through them all looking for an item to get hold og now that quest has expired apologies to all my neighbours but i wont be doing another especially as the reward certainally does not seem worth it not even fc just a few coins lol

WyoSugar
Sep 29 2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the fast forward button on the coop. quests. It helps alot since I like to check for blue dots a couple of times a day :)

anstar
Sep 29 2014, 07:49 PM
Love the scroll buttons for the co-op quest. So much better than closing windows and searching for the next blue dot.

Hyacinth Bucket
Sep 29 2014, 08:41 PM
Loving the new feature on the blue quests, thanks Slashkey.

Hyacinth Bucket
Sep 29 2014, 08:48 PM
One of my neighbours, who has TWO current co-op quests running, has three 'help' stickies on one and two on the other, when any of her neighbours (and a few of us have tried) try to sell her something we keep getting the message 'this transaction cannot be completed'.

Anyone know why? None of us have come across this before and we're wondering if it's some sort of glitch. Although why it would happen to just her and none of us is a mystery.

Eradani
Sep 29 2014, 08:53 PM
never did the original quests but after friends posted for us to help out on these co op quests thinking being a good neighbour i would give it a go but i cant have things hanging but oh boy no no no when you have lots of neighbours to have to go trawling through them all looking for an item to get hold og now that quest has expired apologies to all my neighbours but i wont be doing another especially as the reward certainally does not seem worth it not even fc just a few coins lol

the CQs are "advertised" as going to have FC rewards in the future. we might assume, correctly i think, that the more people play these now, the faster they'll go to FC rewards.

also, there's a new neighbor scroll button in the CQ manager

Rugged Barbie
Sep 29 2014, 09:05 PM
also, there's a new neighbor scroll button in the CQ manager

Yeppers, I've got it too! Not everyone has it yet. It's totally cool.

RFMad
Sep 29 2014, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the scroll in the Co-op Quests, but I keep getting the saving data error when I click on them now.
Is this connected?

Farmer_Susan
Sep 29 2014, 09:48 PM
My co-op quests seem to be counting toward my regular quest total. I didn't realize that was happening until I noticed that the total says I've finished 11 quests this week. I've got one I deliberately left open because I had so many. My week won't end for another few hours. I haven't done the math but it's probably impossible to complete 12 quests in a week so the only thing I can figure is that it's including my co-ops. Is it supposed to? And if not, how do I know if I have my 8 quests? I've got the one I had planned to finish that I can start if I need to. I just didn't want to waste it.

KnightRider
Sep 29 2014, 09:49 PM
My co-op quests seem to be counting toward my regular quest total. I didn't realize that was happening until I noticed that the total says I've finished 11 quests this week. I've got one I deliberately left open because I had so many. My week won't end for another few hours. I haven't done the math but it's probably impossible to complete 12 quests in a week so the only thing I can figure is that it's including my co-ops. Is it supposed to? And if not, how do I know if I have my 8 quests? I've got the one I had planned to finish that I can start if I need to. I just didn't want to waste it.

Hello Farmer Susan,

The glitch that has the coop quests counting on the regular quest has been reported to the developers.

Farmer_Susan
Sep 29 2014, 10:15 PM
Hello Farmer Susan,

The glitch that has the coop quests counting on the regular quest has been reported to the developers.

Thanks, KnightRider. Do you know if they actually DO count toward your total? I don't know whether to finish this last quest before my FC thing turns blue or not. I have no idea how many coop quests I've finished but I'll have another one in a few hours.

KnightRider
Sep 29 2014, 10:18 PM
Thanks, KnightRider. Do you know if they actually DO count toward your total? I don't know whether to finish this last quest before my FC thing turns blue or not. I have no idea how many coop quests I've finished but I'll have another one in a few hours.

Hello Farmer Susan,

Your welcome. All I know is that it shows in the totals, I don't know if when it is time to collect your FC if they count or not.

KnightRider
Sep 30 2014, 01:31 AM
The following was added to the release notes by Raul:

Post Release Updates - September 29th, 8:00PM EST

Cooperative Quests changes released a few hours ago:

- When you open a Cooperative Quest Manager for a neighbour you can move to the next or previous neighbour with active Cooperative Quests using the arrows at the bottom
- Only steps where there is something to do like Buy or Sell are highlighted the rest are dimmed

Know Issues:

- The Cooperative Quests are currently counting towards the goal for the Regular Quests, this should be fixed soon, the fix will only apply to future quests, so currently if you have 7 regular quests in a week and 1 coop quest you should be able to get the 2 farm cash.
- Cooperative Quest Manager not opening correctly when visiting some friends that are not neighbours
- The Collect Coins button is showing on other people Coop Quests for finished quests

Pending Improvements:

- Sorting by Cooperative Quest (blue dot) in the neighbour bar
- Adding a blue dot inside the Cooperative Quest manager for those quests that have something to do
- Bigger coin prizes for Cooperative Quests, most likely 2-3 times bigger
- You will be able to scroll through you neighbours or through your friends using the arrows inside the quest manager
- You will also be able to check strangers Cooperative Quests looking for products to buy. We will either allow you to open stranger Cooperative Quests from the farm or avatar of a stranger or we will allow you to scroll through your buddies as well.

anstar
Sep 30 2014, 06:10 AM
the fix will only apply to future quests, so currently if you have 7 regular quests in a week and 1 coop quest you should be able to get the 2 farm cash.
That little tidbit would cause a temporary spike in co-op quest participation if word gets out. I'm relieved that I don't have to try to figure out which ones are regular quests and which are co-op in my counts this week, though. I was starting to stress because I couldn't remember.

zippity
Sep 30 2014, 09:44 AM
coop quests are no good to me as only 1 neighbor is doing them and to go through friends is way too time consuming. every coop quest has expired on me so far and the ones open are surely to expire. won't be starting a new one.

CSLewis
Sep 30 2014, 10:02 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new button on the bottom of co-op quests. So much easier and quicker then scrolling through the list of neighbors. Thanks!!!!

mpwhitford
Sep 30 2014, 10:25 AM
was going through my neighbors looking at their co op quests to see if I could help any of them and got this Error Saving Data Error X025 Click the green tick to reload.

I thought maybe just going through them not using the arrows would help but I still got it. I did run Mem Cache a few times to no avail. any suggestions?

maclean47
Sep 30 2014, 11:19 AM
Hi
You need to let us have more neighours 200 to 300 would be nice with the Cooperative Quest

KnightRider
Sep 30 2014, 11:23 AM
Hi
You need to let us have more neighours 200 to 300 would be nice with the Cooperative Quest

Hello maclean47,

How many neighbors we get is controlled by Facebook and Slashkey has no control over that.

barbaraelwart
Sep 30 2014, 11:24 AM
Firstly, thanks for the update, the FC and the co-op quests. Did not think I would like the new quests but now I have got into them and with the addition of the new button today I LOVE them :)

One question I have and sorry if it has already been asked, I have looked through and cannot find the answer, although I could have missed it. When we 'sell' to someone for the quest, exactly what quantity comes out of our storage supplies please? Just interested that is all, maybe there will be stuff that I need to keep an eye on if the quantity is high.:)

KnightRider
Sep 30 2014, 11:27 AM
Firstly, thanks for the update, the FC and the co-op quests. Did not think I would like the new quests but now I have got into them and with the addition of the new button today I LOVE them :)

One question I have and sorry if it has already been asked, I have looked through and cannot find the answer, although I could have missed it. When we 'sell' to someone for the quest, exactly what quantity comes out of our storage supplies please? Just interested that is all, maybe there will be stuff that I need to keep an eye on if the quantity is high.:)

Hello barbaraelwart,

When you sell an item you sell only the quantity needed for the quest, so if they need 2 apples for their quest, you would only sell them 2 apples.

dave1949
Sep 30 2014, 11:34 AM
With the new coop quests, when do expired quests disappear?

barbaraelwart
Sep 30 2014, 11:53 AM
Thanks KnightRider for your very prompt reply. I shall not give it another thought then :D

KnightRider
Sep 30 2014, 11:58 AM
Thanks KnightRider for your very prompt reply. I shall not give it another thought then :D

Hello barbaraelwart,

You are welcome.

Textmum
Sep 30 2014, 12:25 PM
Anyone else having trouble with loading chicken dinner in to mobile trailer and getting it to show for a quest? I have this for a quest and in the past few days of trying it hasn't shown as loaded, yet the facility is full and today I loaded 65!!

dave1949
Sep 30 2014, 12:27 PM
My wife's account is below level 100, she can not start any more coop quests, why? Is it because there is an expired quest? If so when do they disappear?

marymarcel
Sep 30 2014, 12:43 PM
My wife's account is below level 100, she can not start any more coop quests, why? Is it because there is an expired quest? If so when do they disappear?

Hi Dave!

I think these new quests have the same rules that the regular ones about how many open quests you can have at the same time according to your level.
These are the rules:

Level 30 - 1 Max Active Quests
Level 50 - 2 Max Active Quests
Level 100 - 3 Max Active Quests
Level 150 - 4 Max Active Quests
Level 200 - 5 Max Active Quests

If she has an expired quest, it should disappear as soon as she open her quest manager. Try to open it and then close and reopen again.:)

dave1949
Sep 30 2014, 12:52 PM
Hi Dave!

I think these new quests have the same rules that the regular ones about how many open quests you can have at the same time according to your level.
These are the rules:

Level 30 - 1 Max Active Quests
Level 50 - 2 Max Active Quests
Level 100 - 3 Max Active Quests
Level 150 - 4 Max Active Quests
Level 200 - 5 Max Active Quests

If she has an expired quest, it should disappear as soon as she open her quest manager. Try to open it and then close and reopen again.:)

TYvm I will tell her

marymarcel
Sep 30 2014, 12:55 PM
TYvm I will tell her

You're welcome!:)

famer charlie
Sep 30 2014, 01:33 PM
on the new released how do we go to strangers farms to see if they have a item for co op quest if we need what they have

marymarcel
Sep 30 2014, 01:41 PM
on the new released how do we go to strangers farms to see if they have a item for co op quest if we need what they have

Hi famer charlie!

This has not been released yet, Raul has posted about this possibility as Pending improvements. :)

Taz D
Sep 30 2014, 02:41 PM
was going through my neighbors looking at their co op quests to see if I could help any of them and got this Error Saving Data Error X025 Click the green tick to reload.

I thought maybe just going through them not using the arrows would help but I still got it. I did run Mem Cache a few times to no avail. any suggestions?
Hi mpwhitford,
The x025 error in the quest managers can only go away with time. Clearing the caches doesn't help. For running into it when going through your neighbors co-op quests, it is the neighbor that you got the error on that is the problem. Again only time will clear that up for them.

maclean47
Sep 30 2014, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclean47 View Post
Hi
Hello maclean47,

How many neighbors we get is controlled by Facebook and Slashkey has no control over that.

Really when I play CW I had over 1200 neighbors

RFMad
Sep 30 2014, 06:58 PM
I have a neighbor with a Co-op quest to produce 40 garden shovels - It expires in 3.5 days and she has help post on Aluminum Ore and Maple Log Pile and when I click on Sell, it says "This transaction could not be completed"
I've tried since yesterday. Is there a reason that I can't sell to her? I have plenty of those items.

mpwhitford
Sep 30 2014, 07:27 PM
Hi

I believe the number of neighbors we are allowed in FT is regulated by facebook not slashkey. I must have exceptionally good neighbors because I have had no trouble thus far finishing the co op quests.

mpwhitford
Sep 30 2014, 07:30 PM
Hi mpwhitford,
The x025 error in the quest managers can only go away with time. Clearing the caches doesn't help. For running into it when going through your neighbors co-op quests, it is the neighbor that you got the error on that is the problem. Again only time will clear that up for them.

LOL! maybe I should get rid of the neighbor! Yeah I only got the error this morning. Tonight I went through using the arrows going both right and left through all my neighbors and even went to the neighbor that gave me the error and I did NOT get it. Thanks Taz

KnightRider
Sep 30 2014, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclean47 View Post
Hi
Hello maclean47,

Really when I play CW I had over 1200 neighbors

Hello maclean47,

As someone mentioned Facebook is who controls the amount of neighbors each game has and different games have different amount of neighbors that they are allowed depending on how many active players each game has. The more that play actively, the more neighbors they will allow.

Rob T
Sep 30 2014, 11:13 PM
Hi everyone, the best farm contest for September has closed,

The new contest for October, Halloween, the details have been release, and will open to accept entries on the 8th of October. http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604554

The decorations for Halloween should be release sometime tomorrow to accomodate the contest. Please have fun designing a farm :) and who knows, you can win lots of FC :)

Good luck to everyone :)

dave1949
Oct 01 2014, 01:33 AM
You're welcome!:)

Ok now, tyvm for info.

LazyMare
Oct 01 2014, 02:37 AM
Hello maclean47,

As someone mentioned Facebook is who controls the amount of neighbors each game has and different games have different amount of neighbors that they are allowed depending on how many active players each game has. The more that play actively, the more neighbors they will allow.

Any idea what the current limit is Kitt ?
It used to be 80 (ish) has there been any official change to that figure?

KnightRider
Oct 01 2014, 03:11 AM
Any idea what the current limit is Kitt ?
It used to be 80 (ish) has there been any official change to that figure?

Hello LazyMare,

As far as I know it is around 80 and some get up to 100.

KnightRider
Oct 01 2014, 03:16 AM
Raul has updated the New Release notes shown below:

Post Release Updates - October 1st, 1:00AM EST

- You can now buy (not sell) products from strangers and not just friend or neighbours. You can open a stranger Cooperative Quest Manager when you visit the farm or through his avatar menu. The only difference is that when you buy from them you will be paying 100 times more coins compared to buying from a friend or neighbour, ie: if you have 2 quests requiring 1 product X each and the sale price of product X is 300, when you buy from a stranger the transaction will cost you 2 * 300 * 100 = 60000 coins instead of 600.
- You can open your own Cooperative Quest Manager when visiting other players farms using the blue Quest Manager icon in your toolbox.
- Bigger prize when completing a Cooperative Quest, double the coins. Farmcash prizes coming in a future release, they will be equivalent to Regular Quest Farmcash prizes, meaning you will be able to earn from 1 to 8 farm cash a month however the requirements for collection may be different.
- If you use a help note to ask for help on a step requiring product X and then went to check your friends Cooperative Quests and found a product X and buy it, your help note on product X will be released and available to use on another step.
- "Order by Cooperative Quests" option added to the neighbour bar menu
- The Collect Coins button is now hidden on other people Cooperative Quests for finished quests
- The message "Only neighbours with a blue dot in the right corner..." is now only shown when trying to open a Cooperative Quest Manager form the neighbour bar

Stu3
Oct 01 2014, 08:46 AM
I think the Farm Cash Prizes should be Altered how about
3 Quests = 1FC (as now)
5 or 6 Quests = 2FC
8 Quests = 3FC
This will give people the chance to complete Quests and if they get Quests with Facilities they do not have it will help them Aim Towards those Facilities

Some People get to 5 or 7 quests in 7 days and miss out by one day if they dont get quests that they can complete

StoneFace
Oct 01 2014, 10:35 AM
When this "New Release" thread is closed ( probably in two weeks or less), the Quest input will be closed too....

how about a Mod moving the related posts to a separate, dedicated thread. ??

/

Taz D
Oct 01 2014, 10:43 AM
When this "New Release" thread is closed ( probably in two weeks or less), the Quest input will be closed too....

how about a Mod moving the related posts to a separate, dedicated thread. ??

/
Hi Stoneface,
There is a separate official thread already in the Help and Support section about the co-op quests.

MadamePondarosa
Oct 01 2014, 11:10 AM
Update says you cant sell products to strangers' coop-quests...well, I have done it and earned money so some glitch there is then;)

The blue button said "sell" not "buy" in the coop-quest of a random guy I saw in the marketplace

KnightRider
Oct 01 2014, 11:15 AM
Update says you cant sell products to strangers' coop-quests...well, I have done it and earned money so some glitch there is then;)

The blue button said "sell" not "buy" in the coop-quest of a random guy I saw in the marketplace

Hello MadamePondarosa,

This note was added to the New Release post by Raul (Oct 1 at 1 am est).

- In the last update we unintentionally allowed selling products to a stranger, this was an error and will be reverted later today. You should only be allowed to buy products from a stranger.

Farmgirl1706
Oct 01 2014, 01:18 PM
I saw someone ask this in the thread but noone answered it so im going to ask it again........i go to sell someone a product and i have plenty of it to sell but it says transaction cannot be completed.....what does that mean .......cause i want to help out my friends and neighbors but sucks when they cant receive it......doesnt happen alot but run into one here and there that says this

marymarcel
Oct 01 2014, 01:36 PM
I saw someone ask this in the thread but noone answered it so im going to ask it again........i go to sell someone a product and i have plenty of it to sell but it says transaction cannot be completed.....what does that mean .......cause i want to help out my friends and neighbors but sucks when they cant receive it......doesnt happen alot but run into one here and there that says this

Hi Farmgirl1706!

We have informed the developers about this problem so hopefully we'll have a response soon.:)

mpwhitford
Oct 01 2014, 03:57 PM
I know I read in the updates today about the co op quests no longer going towards the count in the regular quests. I could have sworn it said this would take place with new quests which meant to me that as of today any co op quests completed would not count towards the regular quest. I didn't take it to mean that any co op quests that been completed PRIOR to today and had gone towards the regular quest count would be taken away. .

Did I misread something? Because this morning I had 8 quests and when I returned from lunch I now have 4 quests. I don't know how many of those 8 were regular quests or how many were co op quests but my FC was collected late Sat and at that point I had at least 2 regular quests waiting for me to finish the final step.

how was the determination made on how many quests to take away? I'm not arguing the fact that it was happening nor that it should have been corrected but I think it should have started TODAY not go back retroactive to when the co op quests began. :confused:

Grammy 11
Oct 01 2014, 04:00 PM
I swore I read in the updates today about the co op quests no longer going towards the count in the regular quests. I could have sworn it said this would take place with new quests which meant to me that any co op quests that counted towards the regular quest count would NOT go away.

Did I misread something? Because this morning I had 8 quests and when I returned from lunch I now have 4 quests. I don't know how many of those 8 were regular quests or how many were co op quests but my FC was collected late Sat and at that point I had at least 2 regular quests waiting for me to finish the final step.

how was the determination made on how many quests to take away? I'm not arguing the fact that it was happening nor that it should have been corrected but I think it should have started TODAY not go back retroactive to when the co op quests began. :confused:

Please read my post in the quest feedback thread. I am FURIOUS.

mehansen
Oct 01 2014, 04:01 PM
Will add to above post. Yesterday I had my 8 quests finished and cashed in for 2 Farm Cash. I had 2 regular quests finished and 1 blue quest done and had waited to get my coins. Decided to do that and think I got the coins but DO NOT have any quests showing so I lost at least 2 toward my next week. Am questioning what happened to them?

kathyrn_r
Oct 01 2014, 04:29 PM
We could have, as gifts, fall plants and arrangements

mpwhitford
Oct 01 2014, 04:34 PM
Please read my post in the quest feedback thread. I am FURIOUS.

which quest feedback is it in? think there are 2. where does it tell us how they did this?

Mdale
Oct 01 2014, 04:34 PM
when I checked my quest box, I only had 6 quests completed, there should have been 8 that were not from coop quests....I guess I'll just be cheated out of them this time.

Grammy 11
Oct 01 2014, 04:43 PM
which quest feedback is it in? think there are 2. where does it tell us how they did this?
or
General feedback/feedback on co-operative quests. All through the posts on the new release once they admitted the glitch they said they would honor what was already awarded in error. Today they took the blue quests away from the total. I haven't searched for where they said they'd honor them, they probably removed those posts.

mpwhitford
Oct 01 2014, 04:51 PM
or
General feedback/feedback on co-operative quests. All through the posts on the new release once they admitted the glitch they said they would honor what was already awarded in error. Today they took the blue quests away from the total. I haven't searched for where they said they'd honor them, they probably removed those posts.

well I know what I read this morning when it said they had fixed it and I know it said FUTURE quests. It did NOT say they were taking away some from the regular quest count because of the co op quests. Now that wording is gone.

I would like to know HOW they knew how many were from the co op quests. I collected my FC Sat and had 2 of the regular quests waiting for me to finish the last step. which would have given me 2 as of Sun. I finish most of my quests the same day or the next day.

I guess it wouldn't make me as mad if they had told us that was what they were doing.

Taz D
Oct 01 2014, 05:17 PM
Will add to above post. Yesterday I had my 8 quests finished and cashed in for 2 Farm Cash. I had 2 regular quests finished and 1 blue quest done and had waited to get my coins. Decided to do that and think I got the coins but DO NOT have any quests showing so I lost at least 2 toward my next week. Am questioning what happened to them?
Waiting to collect the coins does not delay the quest. When you collect the coins the quest is placed on the chart when the last step was completed for the quest. If that last step was before you collected the farm cash then those quests went on last weeks time, so will not show this week.

Grammy 11
Oct 01 2014, 05:19 PM
MP Whitford:
If they had said, "Be careful, you may not get credit for your blue quests" I would have understood. But promising one thing and doing another is not my way to play the game.

Taz D
Oct 01 2014, 05:21 PM
well I know what I read this morning when it said they had fixed it and I know it said FUTURE quests. It did NOT say they were taking away some from the regular quest count because of the co op quests. Now that wording is gone.

I would like to know HOW they knew how many were from the co op quests. I collected my FC Sat and had 2 of the regular quests waiting for me to finish the last step. which would have given me 2 as of Sun. I finish most of my quests the same day or the next day.

I guess it wouldn't make me as mad if they had told us that was what they were doing.

or
The developers have been notified.

RFMad
Oct 01 2014, 06:07 PM
As I go through the co-op quests with the arrows, I've gotten Saving Data Error X025 twice in the last little bit. I just thought I'd let you know so you could let the developers know.

sdsickinger
Oct 01 2014, 06:09 PM
I am trying to use the arrow to scroll through my neighbors quests and aout every 5th one I get an Error saving Data X025 error message .. I have tried several times. it does the same thing. I am using Google Chrome OS and I am on mainframe ( WF1)
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1383108606&farm_ix=6

Thanks

andygoerke
Oct 01 2014, 06:48 PM
looks like they returned the coop quest points mine went back to 9 from 4

Andrew

andygoerke
Oct 01 2014, 06:50 PM
The developers have been notified.

Post Release Updates - October 1st, 7:30PM EST

- Cooperative Quests should now count towards the Regular Quests farm cash prize as long as the Cooperative Quest has been created before Oct 2nd.

Toniecombine
Oct 01 2014, 07:02 PM
I was helping a friend with Trader Life Line (regular quest) yesterday. I managed to sell 2 products to her and when I tried to sell her more I got the message she couldn't buy more for 11 hours. When I told her she said the only buying she had done in days was Co Op items. Does this mean that when we buy for Co Ops that it counts to our daily limit? If it's a glitch, would be nice to fix it asap. If it isn't a glitch.. it's not a nice thing since I haven't read it anywhere in the releases. Anyone else noticed this?

KnightRider
Oct 01 2014, 07:19 PM
I was helping a friend with Trader Life Line (regular quest) yesterday. I managed to sell 2 products to her and when I tried to sell her more I got the message she couldn't buy more for 11 hours. When I told her she said the only buying she had done in days was Co Op items. Does this mean that when we buy for Co Ops that it counts to our daily limit? If it's a glitch, would be nice to fix it asap. If it isn't a glitch.. it's not a nice thing since I haven't read it anywhere in the releases. Anyone else noticed this?

Hello Toniecombine,

By any chance when you sold her the 2 products, she had reached her limit from those 2?

Jean's Farm
Oct 01 2014, 07:27 PM
Can you explain this to me, please and thank you!!!

At 1:30 they said...."- The Cooperative Quests are not counting anymore towards the goal for the Regular Quests"

At 7:30 they said....."- Cooperative Quests should now count towards the Regular Quests farm cash prize as long as the Cooperative Quest has been created before Oct 2nd."

Are they counting in the regular quests or not??? :confused:

KnightRider
Oct 01 2014, 07:44 PM

At 1:30 they said...."- The Cooperative Quests are not counting anymore towards the goal for the Regular Quests"

At 7:30 they said....."- Cooperative Quests should now count towards the Regular Quests farm cash prize as long as the Cooperative Quest has been created before Oct 2nd."

Hello Jean's Farm,

When the coop quests first came out there was a glitch that put the coop quests on the same count as the regular quest and Raul posted that when it was fixed that the quests that was done prior to it being fixed would count, then they fixed the glitch and it took all of the quests off the count, so they added the quests that was created prior to Oct 2nd back on the regular quest count. So any quest that is created after Oct 2nd will not count on the total for the regular quests. I hope this explains it clearly.

sdsickinger
Oct 01 2014, 07:55 PM
I am trying to use the arrow to scroll through my neighbors quests and aout every 5th one I get an Error saving Data X025 error message .. I have tried several times. it does the same thing. I am using Google Chrome OS and I am on mainframe ( WF1)
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1383108606&farm_ix=6

Thanks

FYI.. I help my sister with her farms and I worked all of her neighbors quests using the arrows (Backward and Forward) and didn't get any errors.. She is on Mainframe WF 40 and I open her farms using IE... Below is the link to her farms

Hope this helps
Thanks
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1235238496&farm_ix=0

Eradani
Oct 01 2014, 07:57 PM

there was a bug where coop quests were getting counted. and they fixed the bug. but the ones that had already been showing on your regular quest calender will still be there, just no new ones will show.

btw: this is why FT is better than lots of other games, they made a mistake and didn't penalize us for it.

Taz D
Oct 01 2014, 07:59 PM

Hi Jean,
Just to add to what Knightrider said, my take on it is that and co-op quest completed before midnight today eastern time will count. Any completed after midnight eastern time tonight will no longer count. As of the time of my post right now you have 3 hours from now to complete any to count.

Toniecombine
Oct 01 2014, 07:59 PM
Hello Toniecombine,

By any chance when you sold her the 2 products, she had reached her limit from those 2?

Hi KnightRider,

She couldn't buy anything else and had I sold her the minimum amounts like I always do.

Jean's Farm
Oct 01 2014, 08:03 PM
Hello Jean's Farm,

When the coop quests first came out there was a glitch that put the coop quests on the same count as the regular quest and Raul posted that when it was fixed that the quests that was done prior to it being fixed would count, then they fixed the glitch and it took all of the quests off the count, so they added the quests that was created prior to Oct 2nd back on the regular quest count. So any quest that is created after Oct 2nd will not count on the total for the regular quests. I hope this explains it clearly.

OK...I got it now, Taz. Thanks a lot!!!! :)

mississippi country girl
Oct 01 2014, 08:35 PM
I am trying to report a error message it says report here. hope i am doing this right. neighbors farm is. https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?fb_source=bookmark&ref=bookmarks&count=0&fb_bmpos=_0
i can not buy spice or ham. error keeps popping up. thanks for allowing us to help

MBon
Oct 01 2014, 09:01 PM
I'm having trouble clicking on other peoples help tickets, and I can't buy ingredients from them when they have them either. keep getting notice saying i don't have a quest with that ingredient, when in fact I do. and my husband who also plays can't click on my help tickets. apparently no one else can either.
by the way, I love this new feature. it's fun. looking forward to the bugs getting all worked out. it's worth the wait
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100004201627892

mpwhitford
Oct 01 2014, 09:02 PM
Thank you to the devs for clearing up the issue with the quests. Some of us - myself included - were a bit irritated about the taking away to say the least. My issue was NOT with the fact that the co op quests were removed from the regular quest count but more because it wasn't actually stated that this would happen.

At any rate, thanks to all who fixed it and fixed it again. In spite of any issues that might get me fired up at any point in time, I still maintain FT is the best game on FB hands down. The devs do listen to us and this is proven by the co op quests. there have been many changes made to make them much easier.

So hats off to the dev's and to the moderators who have to put up with people like who like to get all fired up! Makes life interesting at the very least.

Grammy 11
Oct 01 2014, 09:04 PM
Thank you to the devs for clearing up the issue with the quests. Some of us - myself included - were a bit irritated about the taking away to say the least. My issue was NOT with the fact that the co op quests were removed from the regular quest count but more because it wasn't actually stated that this would happen.

At any rate, thanks to all who fixed it and fixed it again. In spite of any issues that might get me fired up at any point in time, I still maintain FT is the best game on FB hands down. The devs do listen to us and this is proven by the co op quests. there have been many changes made to make them much easier.

So hats off to the dev's and to the moderators who have to put up with people like who like to get all fired up! Makes life interesting at the very least.

Me too. FT is too much fun to waste time sulking.

Taz D
Oct 01 2014, 09:07 PM
I am trying to report a error message it says report here. hope i am doing this right. neighbors farm is. https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?fb_source=bookmark&ref=bookmarks&count=0&fb_bmpos=_0
i can not buy spice or ham. error keeps popping up. thanks for allowing us to help
Hi mississippi country girl,
The link you provided is the generic link Facebook uses for all our farms and will only take us to our own farms. The developers are aware of the errors and are working to try to fix this.

Dulcinea
Oct 01 2014, 09:10 PM
maybe SK wants you to buy the freight car that carries the ice cream we all need?

Is there ice cream in the freight cars? I don't own any trains, so I have no idea what they carry.

It means maybe you have to buy another Ice Cream Factory, I have 3 of them and still not enough...

I don't have time to go through my facilities as it is. All that clicking is very time consuming.

It would be simpler if they'd just increase the ice-cream production as they did with the bowling pins. There's no reason not to. :)

RFMad
Oct 01 2014, 09:41 PM
I was getting the error message before when using the arrows for the co-op quests but now I can use the arrows without the error. BUT now I can't open my co-op quest and I keep getting the "Error saving data" message and it reloads.

jljdestiny9
Oct 01 2014, 09:57 PM
Any chance the unused help notes from quests can be transferred to quests where we have used all of our notes? I have been unable to complete the quest from day 2 because none of my friends or neighbors have had Nut Energy Bars since the quests were released.

KnightRider
Oct 01 2014, 10:11 PM
Any chance the unused help notes from quests can be transferred to quests where we have used all of our notes? I have been unable to complete the quest from day 2 because none of my friends or neighbors have had Nut Energy Bars since the quests were released.

Hello jljdestiny9,

It would be better if you could put that suggestion in the suggestion section in the quest thread so that the developers could see it.

whosyou?
Oct 02 2014, 02:01 AM
Halloween stuff is in...Where are the Walking Dead?

boduke66
Oct 02 2014, 02:43 AM
not sure what is going on,but after they were supposed to have fixed the quests,i was down to 6 quests completed,i just checked and i now have 11 quests completed,only thing is i did not complete any quests yesterday,so either the fix they made yesterday did not hold,or i am wrong about completing quests since the fix, just thought i'd let someone know.

WendyP57
Oct 02 2014, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the updates on the co-op quests, being able to buy from strangers will no doubt be a big help once more people start doing them. I clicked on everyone in the market place today for about an hour and found maybe 5% had a co-op quest running, unfortunately for me none of them had the item I need for my current quest, but I will persevere :)

Seraphina Warrior
Oct 02 2014, 04:48 AM
not sure what is going on,but after they were supposed to have fixed the quests,i was down to 6 quests completed,i just checked and i now have 11 quests completed,only thing is i did not complete any quests yesterday,so either the fix they made yesterday did not hold,or i am wrong about completing quests since the fix, just thought i'd let someone know.

Hi boduke66, Although the glitch with the co-operative quests was fixed, it unfortunately removed all previous completed co-operative quests, from the original quest count, which was not the intention. The intention was to stop all future completed co-operative quests being added to that count. So, the Co-op steps that were completed prior to yesterday were added back to the count, but any future completed co-operative quests will now not be wrongly added. :)

Alexandra_J
Oct 02 2014, 05:22 AM
Can anybody help you with your co-op quests if you have your help notes on them or it is just neighbours/facebook friends that can sell it you the product that you want. The reason why I am asking because I sold someone blue ink and they had their help note on it and i'm sure we aren't facebook friends, buddies or neighbours. I'm not complaining as I love helping out.

Seraphina Warrior
Oct 02 2014, 05:25 AM
Can anybody help you with your co-op quests if you have your help notes on them or it is just neighbours/facebook friends that can sell it you the product that you want. The reason why I am asking because I sold someone blue ink and they had their help note on it and i'm sure we aren't facebook friends, buddies or neighbours. I'm not complaining as I love helping out.

Hi Osmond Fan, Only your neighbours and friends can help you with your "help notes". Strangers are only able to visit your quest box and buy an item that they may need for their own. When the "stranger help" was first released, there was a glitch where strangers could also help with the "help notes" , but that has now been fixed. "Strangers" may buy from you, but they cannot sell to you. I hope this helps :)

Alexandra_J
Oct 02 2014, 06:02 AM
Hi Osmond Fan, Only your neighbours and friends can help you with your "help notes". Strangers are only able to visit your quest box and buy an item that they may need for their own. When the "stranger help" was first released, there was a glitch where strangers could also help with the "help notes" , but that has now been fixed. "Strangers" may buy from you, but they cannot sell to you. I hope this helps :)

Ok, that may have been the reason. Thank you for your help :D

Alexandra_J
Oct 02 2014, 06:17 AM
Another question: what happens to the help notes we haven't used at all if we brought everything from neighbours etc. I have 3 left out of 8.

Jean's Farm
Oct 02 2014, 07:18 AM
Thanks you for the Halloween release. I just started decorating a farm for Halloween and had sold some stuff previously as I needed room in my storage.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Grammy 11
Oct 02 2014, 07:41 AM

A suggestion: don't use your flags too fast. Today I went through 10+ steps and checked them all off going through my neighbor bar. Save one flag for the ingredient that is the least popular, like the product itself. Happy questing!!

Rob T
Oct 02 2014, 08:10 AM
Another question: what happens to the help notes we haven't used at all if we brought everything from neighbours etc. I have 3 left out of 8.

Hi Osmond Fan,

The notes are specific to each quest, any unused notes are lost and don't get used. hope this helps :)

Mizmoxie
Oct 02 2014, 09:50 AM
I haven't been able to load the final step in any of my quests. I go to the factory and it says I don't have enough product. This has happened in the Fitness Center, Sports Arena and Post Office. Help please!

SunnyD
Oct 02 2014, 09:58 AM
great new Halloween toys...

per this in the release notes:

- "This transaction could not be completed" error message showing sometimes when trying to sell or buy products, if anyone is experiencing this consistently with a particular user please report it on this thread.
- X025 errors while creating and navigating Cooperative Quests

I still consistently get the xo25 error.. in quests .. i am going nuts lol lol

having fun though lol lol

Grammy 11
Oct 02 2014, 09:59 AM
I haven't been able to load the final step in any of my quests. I go to the factory and it says I don't have enough product. This has happened in the Fitness Center, Sports Arena and Post Office. Help please!

THat happened to me when I had done a "Start All" before I set the final step and forgot about the quest. Now as soon as I get a quest I unclick the final product so I can't do that. I hope this helps!!!

Rob T
Oct 02 2014, 10:22 AM
Hi everyone,

the winners for the best seasonal farm contest for september has been announced :)

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604662

lgable
Oct 02 2014, 11:36 AM
A friend of mine went to load the last item in their cooperative quest and did not have enough in stock to load the facility although a friend had sold them the item. This is not the only time I have heard of this happening. Are people being charged coins for these items and not receiving them. I think I saw a comment about this earlier in the thread but nothing since. Perhaps it is not being noticed by the higher level players as they have the stock to cover it.

Taz D
Oct 02 2014, 11:46 AM
A friend of mine went to load the last item in their cooperative quest and did not have enough in stock to load the facility although a friend had sold them the item. This is not the only time I have heard of this happening. Are people being charged coins for these items and not receiving them. I think I saw a comment about this earlier in the thread but nothing since. Perhaps it is not being noticed by the higher level players as they have the stock to cover it.
Hi lgable,
It has been noticed and the developers are aware of the problem. Just need time to get it fixed.

Unmasqued
Oct 02 2014, 11:50 AM
I agree, when you get to the final step, you have never actually collected enough products in the preceding steps to finalize your Co-op Quest. I have had to send ingredients requests to have enough to complete the last step. This needs to be addressed, we are using our coins to purchase the ingredients we need, or allowing others to purchase our supply for their quests, yet not receiving the credits for it. If I purchase something, whether it be here or wal-mart, I WANT WHAT I PAY FOR! :) tyvm

Unmasqued
Oct 02 2014, 11:51 AM
OOOPS!!! Did not notice you had replied to lgable.

wineandroses
Oct 02 2014, 02:04 PM
I have had that error message X025 several times since the CQ's started--today it refuses to go away no matter what--really annoying as i don't have much time left on my first CQ--I can see others just not mine. Thanks

pelicn
Oct 02 2014, 03:37 PM
I have one neighbor "Sam" that I am unable to help...it says I can't complete the buy

max_river
Oct 02 2014, 04:07 PM
ty for the halloween stuff

Jean's Farm
Oct 02 2014, 05:15 PM

A suggestion: don't use your flags too fast. Today I went through 10+ steps and checked them all off going through my neighbor bar. Save one flag for the ingredient that is the least popular, like the product itself. Happy questing!!

I learned this with my first quest. Now I go thru all my neighbors quests before use them. The past two days I have not needed them at all. As this progresses more and more are doing them and it should get even easier. :)

chrisluvsanimals
Oct 02 2014, 08:33 PM
Reporting as asked...all the sudden getting "This transaction could not be completed" error message when I try to sell anything

Has done this on 4 different people now (all friends)

boduke66
Oct 02 2014, 11:32 PM
same thing just happened to me,went to sell them Iron ore,and got an error message,hope they get this fixed soon

jljdestiny9
Oct 03 2014, 12:36 AM
Hello jljdestiny9,

It would be better if you could put that suggestion in the suggestion section in the quest thread so that the developers could see it.
I have posted in the suggestion forum, thanks for the suggestion!

KnightRider
Oct 03 2014, 12:53 AM
I have posted in the suggestion forum, thanks for the suggestion!

Your welcome.

pelicn
Oct 03 2014, 06:03 AM
This morning I am getting the data ave error on every neighbor while doing the co op quests

WyoSugar
Oct 03 2014, 07:24 AM
I'm also getting the data saving error when working coop. quests. It says error saving data X025. Thanks

dave1949
Oct 03 2014, 12:03 PM
Not sure what is happening, but for the last 2 days I run out of cows milk. Ive increased the sheds by 2, and still not enough.

Perico429
Oct 03 2014, 12:09 PM
X025 errors while creating and navigating Cooperative Quests

Not only getting this error while working Coops, but when planting fields also.

Perico429
Oct 03 2014, 12:31 PM
"This transaction could not be completed"

I have gotten this message on more than one occasion in trying buy items while working coops.

jmdoda4438@comcast.net
Oct 03 2014, 03:42 PM
Just got the X025 when checking coop quests

max_river
Oct 03 2014, 06:38 PM
"This transaction could not be completed"

I have gotten this message on more than one occasion in trying buy items while working coops.

same here i getting it to

Toniecombine
Oct 03 2014, 06:44 PM
Yep. X025 constantly while using the < > searching for Co Op quest here too. Clearing memcache does not help

anotherfarmer
Oct 03 2014, 07:19 PM
Yep. X025 constantly while using the < > searching for Co Op quest here too. Clearing memcache does not help

same here after error kicks you out and doing all asked is NOT helping at all...... makes me not want to do them as waiting for error each time :(

cindie131
Oct 03 2014, 11:05 PM
I get This transaction could not be completed often and also one that kicks me out when i go to a few of my neighbors to do co-op quest and boots me out and reloads :(

Taz D
Oct 03 2014, 11:14 PM
I get This transaction could not be completed often and also one that kicks me out when i go to a few of my neighbors to do co-op quest and boots me out and reloads :(
Hi Cindie,
The developers are aware of this and are working on getting this and the x025 error fixed.

KnightRider
Oct 04 2014, 01:01 AM
Raul just posted this in the Release notes.

Post Release Updates - October 3rd, 9:00PM EST

- You should now experience way less X025 errors
- When you buy products from others in the Cooperative Quests you actually get the products bought in your storage.

Textmum
Oct 04 2014, 07:03 AM
All I am getting is blank green screen this morning, anyone else have this. Have cleared cache, memcache etc.

Have now updated flash player and all is fine.

Eradani
Oct 04 2014, 08:41 AM
Raul just posted this in the Release notes.

* happy dance *

and on the other hand, the programmer in me wants to know which ; was in the wrong place, lol.

i'm working on something and finally tracked down a pesky bug when i found out
x = y = 7;
which counts as 1 statement in C, is 2 statements in javascript

Farmer_Susan
Oct 04 2014, 03:08 PM
I'm trying to balance my desire to be a good neighbor with my compulsive nature regarding finishing quests. :o

If I leave my co-op quests unfinished for awhile, I'm assuming that allows more neighbors to have access to my ingredients, which is cool. If I finish them but don't cash in, does that do the same thing? Like, can neighbors still buy ingredients from my quests if I've completed the last step but haven't cashed in? I MIGHT be able to delay gratification a bit in the spirit of being a good neighbor . . . Maybe. ;)

Rugged Barbie
Oct 04 2014, 04:04 PM
If I finish them but don't cash in, does that do the same thing? Like, can neighbors still buy ingredients from my quests if I've completed the last step but haven't cashed in? I MIGHT be able to delay gratification a bit in the spirit of being a good neighbor . . . Maybe. ;)

NO! Once you begin the final step it takes that quest off the map for others. If you complete all EXCEPT the last step, others can continue to BUY. Once a Sicky Note is placed on an ingredient, and someone SELLS it to you, no one else can grab that ingredient. hmmm, spare the Sticky Notes until you must get that item. I'm just sayin' . . .
Of course, I may be wrong . . .:cool:

Farmer_Susan
Oct 04 2014, 04:20 PM
hmmm, spare the Sticky Notes until you must get that item. I'm just sayin' . . .

Now I would NEVER have thought of that! However, if I spare my stickies too long and miss out on finishing the quest, I would NOT be a happy camper! LOL

Sheesh. What's a compulsive girl to do?????

Eradani
Oct 04 2014, 04:49 PM
Once a Sicky Note is placed on an ingredient, and someone SELLS it to you, no one else can grab that ingredient. hmmm, spare the Sticky Notes until you must get that item. I'm just sayin' . . .

that's an interesting thought. i'll have to experiment to see if it works this way (which i hope it doesn't)

KnightRider
Oct 04 2014, 05:21 PM
NO! Once you begin the final step it takes that quest off the map for others. If you complete all EXCEPT the last step, others can continue to BUY. Once a Sicky Note is placed on an ingredient, and someone SELLS it to you, no one else can grab that ingredient. hmmm, spare the Sticky Notes until you must get that item. I'm just sayin' . . .

Hello Rugged Barbie,

It stops other from buying only when the last step is finished or if the quests is expired, I was able to purchase an item from someone and it had like 30 minutes left before the last step was finished.

The sticky notes, if you place a sticky note on an item and you can purchase that item, it will remove that sticky and put it back in the pile to be used. I did a test on that I found an item at a neighbor so I put a sticky on that item, then purchased the item and the sticky note was removed and ready to be used again.

vastfanatic
Oct 04 2014, 07:46 PM
I saw a post from last night stating that the developers are aware of the "this transaction could not be completed" error message and were working on a fix. I still get this error message this evening.

vastfanatic
Oct 04 2014, 07:54 PM
I also have another issue that I am running into with regards to buying/selling tomatoes in the co-op quest. I was trying to buy tomatoes for one of my quests from a friend, they have plenty but I get a message telling me that they don't have enough. I then added a "help" thingy to my tomatoes to let others sell me the products, but it isn't showing for my friend on his end, it wont let him sell me tomatoes, he doesnt have the option to because it doesnt show for him. Strange.

Lastly - In my OWN storage, it says I have 735 tomatoes , when I try to sell some of them to someone, it tells me I only have 1 in my storage.

Taz D
Oct 04 2014, 09:15 PM
I also have another issue that I am running into with regards to buying/selling tomatoes in the co-op quest. I was trying to buy tomatoes for one of my quests from a friend, they have plenty but I get a message telling me that they don't have enough. I then added a "help" thingy to my tomatoes to let others sell me the products, but it isn't showing for my friend on his end, it wont let him sell me tomatoes, he doesnt have the option to because it doesnt show for him. Strange.

Lastly - In my OWN storage, it says I have 735 tomatoes , when I try to sell some of them to someone, it tells me I only have 1 in my storage.
Hi vastfanatic,
If your friend is not a neighbor they cannot sell to you. Only neighbors can sell. Strangers can only buy.

vastfanatic
Oct 04 2014, 09:52 PM
Neighbor indeed, I know how it works!!!!! The problem is with the tomatoes. I have plenty, i go to sell and it says I have 1. My friend is ALSO a neighbor, not some random person I am trying to hook up with in the market. I thought that I should report the problem with the tomatoes. Feel free to look into yourself!

Taz D
Oct 04 2014, 09:59 PM
Neighbor indeed, I know how it works!!!!! The problem is with the tomatoes. I have plenty, i go to sell and it says I have 1. My friend is ALSO a neighbor, not some random person I am trying to hook up with in the market. I thought that I should report the problem with the tomatoes. Feel free to look into yourself!
Hi vastfanatic,
You only said in your post that they were a friend. Thank you for reporting the problem. The developers are looking into all of these problems trying to figure them all out and get the co-op quests working correctly.

vastfanatic
Oct 04 2014, 10:01 PM
No problem!

bjyhey3
Oct 05 2014, 07:43 AM
Farm town is loading slower than it ever has...is this happening to anyone else.

Orx
Oct 05 2014, 08:22 AM
I would like to report that when I went to collect the coins for my c quest this morning I got an error message and was told to try again later. The quest has disappeared.

al_bundy
Oct 05 2014, 08:27 AM
Maybe the quests could auto start each day that way everyone has a active quest and helps everyone rather then relying on a neighbour to start one

Farmer_Susan
Oct 05 2014, 09:28 AM
I've been trying to work neighbor's factories this morning and as soon as I get to someone's farm, I get the "Connection was lost" message. It's happened twice so far. Will keep trying but wanted to report in case others are having the same problem.

Edited later: This problem is no longer happening. Must have been a temporary thing.

Farmer_Susan
Oct 05 2014, 02:10 PM
Here's an idea that probably belongs in the "nice but not necessary" category. I had intended to save up my co-op quests - not finish the last step - so neighbors could profit from them. However, I forgot and started all my factories - which started the last step of the quest I had open.

So . . . my idea is to put a checkbox or something by that last step so we can uncheck that item in our factory or service facility right from the quest window. Completing the quest would automatically reset the item in the factory or service. Or we could recheck it when we're ready to start that step.

Probably too much sugar for a nickle but would be nice.

WillowTreeFarm
Oct 05 2014, 06:14 PM
I'm enjoying the co-op quests but only a couple of my neighbors are doing them so I haven't been getting much help. I have gone to the market and clicked on strangers but not too many of them are doing them either and it's too time consuming to click on random strangers. I wish our neighbors could help more than once on a quest, that would help a little.

priscillar
Oct 05 2014, 06:18 PM
50% on kaolin clay and iron isn't enough. I have 15 mineral mines and am out of iron. I have 8 Open Pit mines and am out of Kaolin. Thankfully(?) my Car parts facility (a cash item) was one of the many facilities that disappeared back in May I think it was so I can't make spark plugs any longer.

With the additional items added I am also out of honey although I have 3 Bee Farms.
It would seem developers are in a big hurry to add new facilities but not take into consideration the effect they have on those existing ones that supply items for them.

KojiOrphen
Oct 05 2014, 08:55 PM
50% on kaolin clay and iron isn't enough. I have 15 mineral mines and am out of iron. I have 8 Open Pit mines and am out of Kaolin. Thankfully(?) my Car parts facility (a cash item) was one of the many facilities that disappeared back in May I think it was so I can't make spark plugs any longer.

With the additional items added I am also out of honey although I have 3 Bee Farms.
It would seem developers are in a big hurry to add new facilities but not take into consideration the effect they have on those existing ones that supply items for them.
I have 2 Mineral Mines, 8 Open Pit Mines, and 2 Bee Farms.

I have no problems keeping up with my Iron Ore, Kaolin, and Honey demands.

Maybe you have too many of the other demanding facilities or you are Producing Faster too often.

(This doesn't mean that there isn't room for more improvement.)

I add two regular facilities and one service facility when they come out. I only add additional regular facilities if they can't keep up and then remove the excess when they can keep up.

With the resent upgrade, I was able to reduce my Textile and Spinning Mills from 20 to 9.

BarbLH
Oct 06 2014, 11:42 AM
I need to buy an item for my co-op quest. I found what I need on one of my neighbor's quests but when I click to BUY I get the message that she doesn't have enough to sell me. :(

marymarcel
Oct 06 2014, 11:47 AM
I need to buy an item for my co-op quest. I found what I need on one of my neighbor's quests but when I click to BUY I get the message that she doesn't have enough to sell me. :(

Hi Barb!

Your neighbor need to have that product in their own storage to let you buy it. Have you asked your neighbor if they indeed not have any stored?:)

Orx
Oct 06 2014, 12:23 PM
Again today I tried to collect coins for a coop quest but got an error message telling me to try again later but the quest disappeared. I did manage to collect coins for one completed between the two failed quests.

Lhealy10
Oct 06 2014, 02:50 PM
Love the new update, can't wait for the next one, hope there are going to be more levels and more farms to add stuff too getting a bit low on space hehe

bjyhey3
Oct 06 2014, 04:39 PM
I'm beginning to enjoy the new co-op Quests...I had 4 or 5 open at the same time at first and found it too frustrating...I'm doing one at a time for now and I'm finding it's more fun that way

StoneFace
Oct 07 2014, 06:26 AM
good to see that many issues with the new Quest are being addressed, and understood.

...... just in time to probably close this thread by the end of the week and await a new one at the end of next week. :eek:

Momma Woods
Oct 07 2014, 05:10 PM
What's this everytime I open storage "Calculating ingredient importance" that will not go away.

Taz D
Oct 07 2014, 05:19 PM
What's this everytime I open storage "Calculating ingredient importance" that will not go away.
Hi Momma Woods,
If your storage is set to the Non-ingredients (for me) filter then it is caculating what ingredients are not needed by you.

max_river
Oct 07 2014, 07:19 PM
i think one thing with co quest that we should be able to if you your product has hit a low amount of product that it will not sell it. i have never ran out of laytex ever since quest thing start i ran out if it

KnightRider
Oct 07 2014, 08:44 PM
i think one thing with co quest that we should be able to if you your product has hit a low amount of product that it will not sell it. i have never ran out of laytex ever since quest thing start i ran out if it

Hello Max River,

You can put that in the suggestions section in the quest thread so that the developers would see it.

Momma Woods
Oct 07 2014, 10:15 PM
Hi Momma Woods,
If your storage is set to the Non-ingredients (for me) filter then it is caculating what ingredients are not needed by you.

Yes Taz D I realize that but it never goes away. I can make it go in the background if I click on the storage box a second time and it covers the message. When I finish and close the storage box the message is still there. I have to reload FarmTown to make it disappear. This only happened when I was moving trees. I just hope it will not happen again when I want to move trees and maybe flowers.

Taz D
Oct 07 2014, 10:50 PM
Yes Taz D I realize that but it never goes away. I can make it go in the background if I click on the storage box a second time and it covers the message. When I finish and close the storage box the message is still there. I have to reload FarmTown to make it disappear. This only happened when I was moving trees. I just hope it will not happen again when I want to move trees and maybe flowers.
Hi Momma Woods,
Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
Not sure that will help but it can't hurt.

Eradani
Oct 08 2014, 06:21 AM

after i set all the checkmarks i wanted in the Non-ingredients For Me, i set the filter to All and sell from there so that i didn't have to recalculate.

beverduster
Oct 08 2014, 09:38 AM
when will we see the increase, on the gifts & on the production, in our storage? im just getting the original amount without the increase,

Taz D
Oct 08 2014, 10:26 AM
when will we see the increase, on the gifts & on the production, in our storage? im just getting the original amount without the increase,
Hi beverduster,
The only increases we got were in the production. There wasn't any increase in the amounts you get from gifts or any increase in your amount in storage until you produce at the increased rates and store them.

beverduster
Oct 08 2014, 11:30 AM
im just going by what raul posted, for instance, when i click open the oil refinery & click the + on petro barrels, storage is only gettin half of what was sent

Taz D
Oct 08 2014, 11:49 AM
im just going by what raul posted, for instance, when i click open the oil refinery & click the + on petro barrels, storage is only gettin half of what was sent
Hi beverduster,
If you click on the + for petrochemical barrels you do not get petrochemicah barrels, you get crude oil instead because that is the ingredient for making petrochemical barrels.
Raul only mentioned an increase in production. That would be what you produce in your facilities. Before the increase you got 3 petrochemical barrels per 1 barrel of crude oil. Notw you are producing 5 barrels of petrochemicals for 1 barrel of crude oil.

Momma Woods
Oct 08 2014, 06:24 PM
Hi Momma Woods,
Not sure that will help but it can't hurt.

Somehow it went away , just as mysteriously as it started.
I wear memcache out Lol <3

bruhelmboldt
Oct 09 2014, 03:08 PM
Two of my co-op quests, so far, I've bought the required material, and it's not enough to complete the co-op quest. The sticker allowed me to buy one red ink, for example, but two are required to produce the end product. AND, I can't buy any more, nor can I affix the yellow sticky. Co-op quest will expire. Hmmmm.

KnightRider
Oct 09 2014, 03:14 PM
Two of my co-op quests, so far, I've bought the required material, and it's not enough to complete the co-op quest. The sticker allowed me to buy one red ink, for example, but two are required to produce the end product. AND, I can't buy any more, nor can I affix the yellow sticky. Co-op quest will expire. Hmmmm.

Hello bruhelmboldt,

Does the step for the red ink have a check mark? If so, then you can try to make the other unit of red ink you need in your facility, if you have the ink and pigments factory, then see if it will allow the next step to be completed.

Taz D
Oct 09 2014, 03:15 PM
Hi bruhelmboldt,
There are a few quests showing up with this. If you don't have any more in storage then to save your quest, if you have the a factory that uses the red ink for a product you can send out a normal ingredient request. Or you cn work your neighbors factories and get some that way. The step is completed in the quest already so all you need is enough in your storage to go on.

bliky
Oct 10 2014, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the updates, devs. One thing I have noticed recently is that all animal buildings (Stables, Dairy Sheds, Chicken Coop, etc.) that are not ready to be harvested give the message "No animals to collect manure from at this time" I have cleared cache, etc.

marymarcel
Oct 10 2014, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the updates, devs. One thing I have noticed recently is that all animal buildings (Stables, Dairy Sheds, Chicken Coop, etc.) that are not ready to be harvested give the message "No animals to collect manure from at this time" I have cleared cache, etc.

Hi bliky!

You are right about this, it is only a mistake in the message when you try to harvest the animal buildings and they are not ready. As it is a small error, the developers havent fixed it yet.:)

Satis
Oct 11 2014, 07:58 AM
On the subject of Co-op Quests, I cannot find any way into these. A friend tells me that there should be a box above my normal Quest box but I can't see it.

Is it possible that this option hasn't been rolled out to me yet?

Oh dear...

marymarcel
Oct 11 2014, 08:03 AM
On the subject of Co-op Quests, I cannot find any way into these. A friend tells me that there should be a box above my normal Quest box but I can't see it.

Is it possible that this option hasn't been rolled out to me yet?

Oh dear...

Hi Satis!

Please open your extended tool box and you will see the blue icon for Cooperative Quests just above the regular one.:)

Satis
Oct 11 2014, 08:11 AM
Hi Satis!

Please open your extended tool box and you will see the blue icon for Cooperative Quests just above the regular one.:)

Hi Mary Marcel,

Thank you so much! I was looking in the wrong place.

Such an idiot!

Thanks again.

Satis

JohnAlbertini
Oct 11 2014, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the increase in petro barrels and oak lumber - greatly needed.

Now, how about an increase in FISH in the FC waters and Fish Farm. I never have enough of salmon, crab, squid, mackerel, cod, or carp despite TWO big seacoasts and TWO big lakes bought with FC.

Also, more honey please!

marymarcel
Oct 11 2014, 08:19 AM
Hi Mary Marcel,

Thank you so much! I was looking in the wrong place.

Such an idiot!

Thanks again.

Satis

You are very welcome!:)

And dont worry, I have also made some mistakes... and still do :D

marymarcel
Oct 11 2014, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the increase in petro barrels and oak lumber - greatly needed.

Now, how about an increase in FISH in the FC waters and Fish Farm. I never have enough of salmon, crab, squid, mackerel, cod, or carp despite TWO big seacoasts and TWO big lakes bought with FC.

Also, more honey please!

Hi John!

It will be better if you put your suggestion in the Suggestion section so the developers can see it:) You cant open a new thread there but you can post it as a response to a thread that suits with your suggestion.

ckerider
Oct 11 2014, 10:35 AM
Because of the Co-Op quest I have added a lot of neighbors who actually do the quests. My questions is ... how do I delete the stagnant neighbors that I have decided to remove. I have done the 'remove neighbor' thing, but they keep showing up as "Add as Neighbor". I do not want to re-add them so I would like to just get them out of my neighbors screen. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks for your help!

Taz D
Oct 11 2014, 10:40 AM
Because of the Co-Op quest I have added a lot of neighbors who actually do the quests. My questions is ... how do I delete the stagnant neighbors that I have decided to remove. I have done the 'remove neighbor' thing, but they keep showing up as "Add as Neighbor". I do not want to re-add them so I would like to just get them out of my neighbors screen. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks for your help!
Hi ckerider,
That list is compiled from your Facebook friends who have the Farm Town App listed in their profile. The only ways youcan remove them from that list is to either get them to remove the Farm Town app from their profile or to unfriend them in Facebook.

Farmer_Susan
Oct 11 2014, 03:59 PM
Just saw a Farm Town Survey thing - asked one question: "Does this game tell a good story (ex: detailed characters, strong plot)?"

Is this a FB thing or a FT thing? I wasn't sure how to answer because in my mind, FT characters and plot exist in my mind - it's what I make it. So yes to some of my farms, no to others?

Farmer_Susan
Oct 11 2014, 04:12 PM
Two more thoughts about the coop quests:

1. Would be nice if we're not taken to farms where the coop quests have either expired or been completed. If we can't possibly get anything from them, it's just a wasted click.

2. Would be nice to have the neighbor's name show up if we hover over their picture as we scroll through the quests. I don't recognize all of my neighbors by their pictures and also, sometimes the pictures don't load so there's no indication at all of where we are.

Thanks. : )

Taz D
Oct 11 2014, 05:20 PM
Just saw a Farm Town Survey thing - asked one question: "Does this game tell a good story (ex: detailed characters, strong plot)?"

Is this a FB thing or a FT thing? I wasn't sure how to answer because in my mind, FT characters and plot exist in my mind - it's what I make it. So yes to some of my farms, no to others?
Hi Susan,
When did you get this survey? Farm Town is not doing any surveys and certainly not one with as strange a question as that.

Jean's Farm
Oct 11 2014, 05:30 PM
Hi Susan,
When did you get this survey? Farm Town is not doing any surveys and certainly not one with as strange a question as that.

I think it was a FB thing cause I saw it too off to the side of the farm where all the ads are. It was asking if you liked playing it.....did you need to spend money on it....could you play it alone.....stuff like that. Not in those words tho.

Taz D
Oct 11 2014, 05:35 PM
I think it was a FB thing cause I saw it too off to the side of the farm where all the ads are. It was asking if you liked playing it.....did you need to spend money on it....could you play it alone.....stuff like that. Not in those words tho.
Hi Jean,
Susan said it only had 1 question though. I do hope these are Facebook surveys as we are not aware of any surveys from Slashkey/Farm Town. If they aren't from either of them then it may be adware or a scam.

Farmer_Susan
Oct 11 2014, 07:56 PM
Hi Jean,
Susan said it only had 1 question though. I do hope these are Facebook surveys as we are not aware of any surveys from Slashkey/Farm Town. If they aren't from either of them then it may be adware or a scam.

Mine only had the one question but it looked legit. I suspect it was a FB thing - maybe they're trying to collect data from users about games so they can print it or something.

Eradani
Oct 11 2014, 07:58 PM

i've been getting these too. one question at a time but a few different ones. i've just been ignoring them as more FB spam but if they will do the game any good, i'll answer them.

Jean's Farm
Oct 12 2014, 07:10 AM
Hi Jean,

Oh, I hope it was FB too. I'm pretty sure it was. This had more than one question and was like the survey you can take to make the news feed better. My Norton is pretty good at picking that stuff up. :)

Dutch85
Oct 12 2014, 11:51 AM
I just got a question as I was loading FT. It appeared on the right side of my screen. It says Farm Town Survey. How would you rate the difficulty of this game? very easy, easy, average, hard, very hard.

beverduster
Oct 12 2014, 02:55 PM
are we getting anymore haloween stuff for the october release?

Rob T
Oct 12 2014, 03:26 PM
are we getting anymore haloween stuff for the october release?

Hi beverduster, i would be surprised if we do as 13 new halloween decorations were released at the beginning of the month for the contest.

Lhealy10
Oct 12 2014, 04:13 PM
When will the next farmtown update be out?

Taz D
Oct 12 2014, 04:29 PM
Hi Lhealy,
Only the developers know the answer to that and they don't tell us. They just release when they are ready. :)

Rugged Barbie
Oct 12 2014, 05:31 PM
Recent glitch? I'm at the Market, sometimes I send out hire after hire and no one gets them. Sometimes, if someone gets the hire request they start working and I have no notification that they accepted nor do I see any 'yada yada harvested an xyz field.' And what is really driving me crazy now is, when I'm preparing a hire request, checking the farms, someone sends me a hire and I click on it when I'm trying to click on one of my farms, then off I go to their farm. This pop up should be behind my working window and not pop up on top of my window. Yes, I know that I can go pink and not be able to receive hire requests but I don't always do it. thank you for listening. ;)

StoneFace
Oct 13 2014, 06:41 AM

It is a wait-n-see.

IMHO, this thread will close in the next 36 hours. And a new release and new thread will come about 4-6 days after that... perhaps by the end of this week.

. or not