PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- September 18th, 2014

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raul
Sep 18 2014, 05:49 PM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last updates released on October 3rd, 9:00PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 25 New levels: Top level is now 575.

2. 40 x 40 Farm Expansions for farms 11 - 15: 30 FarmCash OR 20,000,000,000 coins

3. Cooperative Quests: This new type of quests will be all about interacting with your friends, this is how it works:

- They will be completely separate from the current quests and will have it's own Cooperative Quest Manager
- Owner must complete the last quest step by itself by starting/loading products in a facility, and complete the rest of the steps by buying products from friends either actively or passively
- To buy products actively, say product X, a user must open their friend's Cooperative Quest Managers and look for quests containing product X and then buy it.
- If you don't find product X in your friends Cooperative Quests you can buy it passively by dropping the yellow Help icon over product X so when friends visit and check your Cooperative Quests they can sell it to you.

***Additional Info***

- Your friends doesn't have to be online for you to buy products from them and they don't have to approve the transaction either, a user that decides to participate in Cooperative Quests must be willing to sell some products to their friends for their Cooperative Quests
- As days goes by and people create more Cooperative Quests the available products to buy should increase
- The owner can request help from friends only on a certain number of steps per quest
- When a friend sells you products and help you complete a quest step you will see his picture inside that quest step
- You can open a friend Cooperative Quest Manager from your neighbour bar. Each neighbour with
unfinished cooperative quests will have a blue circle on the corner.
- You can also open a friend Cooperative Quest Manager using the blue quest icon shown at the bottom left when you visit their farms and they have unfinished cooperative quests
- In the first release the rewards will be only coins until we fine tune the system, later on we will offer Farm Cash prizes as well

4. Super Rabbit Hutch and Super Stables: Double Capacity. Increase 2 times harvest speed for Rabbits and 6 times for Horses.

5. Production increases, see % increase below for each product:

Petrochemical Barrel ---------> 65%
Oak Lumber Pile --------------> 50%
Maple Lumber Pile ------------> 50%
Pine Lumber Pile --------------> 50%
Kaolin Clay Rock --------------> 50%
Iron Ore -----------------------> 50%
Copper Ore --------------------> 35%
Aluminum Ore ----------------> 50%
Pile of Silver Nuggets ---------> 50%
Rubber Sheet -----------------> 50%
Canvas Textile Roll -----------> 20%
Silk Textile Roll ---------------> 20%
Sheep Textile Roll -------------> 40%
Llama Textile Roll -------------> 40%
Paper Roll --------------------> 50%
Chicken -----------------------> 50%
Meat --------------------------> 50%
Hotdog Sausage --------------> 25%
Asphalt Barrel ----------------> 100%

6. Laundry Supplies Factory (FC): Laundry Supplies Factory.

Coin Acceptor
Clothe Hanger
Fill Hose
Laundry Sorting Desk
Laundry Seats
Laundry Scale
Laundry Detergent
Laundry Cart

7. Tropical Shakes Stand (Coins): Produces Tropical Shakes.

Papaya Shake
Guava Shake
Mamey Shake
Coconut Shake
Honeydew Blended Shake
Banana Blended Shake
Mango Blended Shake
Super Blended Shake

8. Coin Laundry (FC): Provides Laundry Self-Services and can be stocked with products from the Laundry Supplies Factory.

9. Bowling Alley (Coins): Provides Bowling Entertainment Services and can be stocked with the products below:

Bowling Ball --> (NEW) produced in the Sports Accessories Factory
Bowling Ball Return --> (NEW) produced in the Sports Accessories Factory
Retro Bowling Poster --> (NEW) produced in the Sports Accessories Factory
Bowling Pins --> production was increased to accommodate the demand for an additional service facility
Hawaiian Pizza
Chicken Hot Hard Taco
Instant Hot Chocolate
Honey Icecream

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - September 19th, 12:10AM EST

- The Super Stables and Super Rabbit Hutch now appear in the Facility Manager

Post Release Updates - September 20th, 3:00AM EST EST

- Production increases for several products, see post above for detailed information

Post Release Updates - September 25th, 11:40AM EST

- Cooperative Quests are now available, check the post above for updated information

Post Release Updates - September 26th, 1:00AM EST

-To help on the initial phase we increased the expiration time for all Cooperative Quests by 3 days, this applies only to newly created quests, this may go down or up again in the future
-To help on the initial phase we increased the Buy limit per single quest from 1 to unlimited, this number may go down again in the future
-We now show how many coins were spent or earned when buying and selling products to friends
-Show explanation with the meaning of the blue dot when someone opens a neighbour Quest Manager that doesn't have any active quests
-Fixed bug that was showing null in some Cooperative Quest Managers

Post Release Updates - September 29th, 8:00PM EST

- When you open a Cooperative Quest Manager for a neighbour you can move to the next or previous neighbour with active Cooperative Quests using the arrows at the bottom
- Only steps where there is something to do like Buy or Sell are highlighted the rest are dimmed

Post Release Updates - October 1st, 1:00AM EST

- You can now buy (not sell) products from strangers and not just friend or neighbours. You can open a stranger Cooperative Quest Manager when you visit the farm or through his avatar menu. The only difference is that when you buy from them you will be paying 100 times more coins compared to buying from a friend or neighbour, ie: if you have 2 quests requiring 1 product X each and the sale price of product X is 300, when you buy from a stranger the transaction will cost you 2 * 300 * 100 = 60000 coins instead of 600.
- You can open your own Cooperative Quest Manager when visiting other players farms using the blue Quest Manager icon in your toolbox.
- Bigger prize when completing a Cooperative Quest, double the coins. Farmcash prizes coming in a future release, they will be equivalent to Regular Quest Farmcash prizes, meaning you will be able to earn from 1 to 8 farm cash a month however the requirements for collection may be different.
- If you use a help note to ask for help on a step requiring product X and then went to check your friends Cooperative Quests and found a product X and buy it, your help note on product X will be released and available to use on another step.
- "Order by Cooperative Quests" option added to the neighbour bar menu
- The Collect Coins button is now hidden on other people Cooperative Quests for finished quests
- The message "Only neighbours with a blue dot in the right corner..." is now only shown when trying to open a Cooperative Quest Manager form the neighbour bar

Post Release Updates - October 1st, 3:00PM EST

- The Cooperative Quests are not counting anymore towards the goal for the Regular Quests
- Disabled the green highlight of the quest steps when browsing others Cooperative Quests

Post Release Updates - October 2nd, 3:00AM EST

- Halloween items are now live including 13 new items in the store.

Post Release Updates - October 3rd, 9:00PM EST

- You should now experience way less X025 errors
- When you buy products from others in the Cooperative Quests you actually get the products bought in your storage.

Known Issues

- "This transaction could not be completed" error message showing sometimes when trying to sell or buy products, if anyone is experiencing this consistently with a particular user please report it on this thread.

BamaMike
Sep 18 2014, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the update!!

SunnyD
Yay.. updates new levels.. ty ty Raul.... yahoooo love it...

Dutch85
Awesome! Thank you Raul! I have to go check it out!

bluehair
Sep 18 2014, 05:52 PM
yes 25FC thankyou :)

lynwoo60
Thank You so much for the new updates. :)

beverduster
woo hoo good jpb raul

cjm55
Sep 18 2014, 05:53 PM
Thank you for the updates. Can we get some things for fishing? Send me a private message if you want to know my suggestions. I have 2 suggestions on fishing many times over the last 6 months but nothing has been done on it.
:(

Texas Belle
Sep 18 2014, 05:56 PM
Thank you, thank you, you guys rock, now to play.. :)

bluehair
Sep 18 2014, 06:00 PM
hopefully the scarce products will be the asphalt barrel and petrol chemical

Lee Ann
Sep 18 2014, 06:01 PM
:) thhanks everyone for keeping me addicted lol

WyoSugar
Sep 18 2014, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the upgrade :)

L.A.Bob
Sep 18 2014, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the update. Now for some fun working the additions.

K Marie
Sep 18 2014, 06:11 PM
Super Stable, oh yes! Thank you Raul!

servocrow
Sep 18 2014, 06:27 PM
Thanks! I just looked up and saw the uptick in the FC...yay!!!

mduby
Sep 18 2014, 06:32 PM
Thanks Raul. Great update!!

DianeCK
Sep 18 2014, 06:33 PM
Thank you so much love the new factories.... can't wait to play new Quest...

Pesto Farmer
Sep 18 2014, 06:38 PM
Yes!!! - Finally a way to use up all those chicken hard tacos. Oh, and the melons too :)
TYVM

dnana
Sep 18 2014, 06:48 PM
Awesome, I was almost in there when the levels went up, I've only seen that once in my playing life!!! :D Thanks for releasing it before the weekend!!! :) love you guys! *MUUAAHH*

Rugged Barbie
Sep 18 2014, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the 25 FC
Very Nice Update
Community Quests have me totally confused but that's OK
Going now to spend it
<3

florida farmer 2
Sep 18 2014, 06:53 PM
Thank you for the update and farm cash.But I have 1 problem my Dairy sheds are showing 13 hrs should be 8hrs

Farmer-JP
Sep 18 2014, 06:54 PM
Love update day! But please please please give us more train cars!

GoalieAunt
Sep 18 2014, 06:55 PM
Love the update and hopefully in the next one more of the facilities will have belts/dans turned on. :)

crafty chris
Sep 18 2014, 07:26 PM
thanking you :)

Lance75231
Sep 18 2014, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the updates and new levels

jm3810@msn.com
Sep 18 2014, 07:32 PM
Already needing more fiberglass sheets- hope the new update mean petroleum products will be upped. Love the new facilities otherwise

Farmer_Susan
Sep 18 2014, 07:42 PM
:) thhanks everyone for keeping me addicted lol

Ha! Yep. :)

Momma Woods
Sep 18 2014, 07:42 PM
TY for the great release Raul Now go see what to get with the FC

Docperk
Sep 18 2014, 07:46 PM
Well I was little off on my prediction of when this was coming but not to far off... :) thanks for update, levels and FC. Got to go play now.

WendyP57
Sep 18 2014, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the update and the extra cash, I've already spent it..please sir...can I have some more?

mstiquetx
Sep 18 2014, 08:02 PM
Luv it!!! Thanks for the great update!!! Happy Farming to all!!!!!!

Aussie Rae
Sep 18 2014, 08:20 PM
thanks for the great update, only glitch is that the new Super Horse Stable and Super Rabbit Hutch do :)not show in my facility manager yet, they are on the farm and I will just harvest them manually until its fixed, :)

Taz D
Sep 18 2014, 08:25 PM
thanks for the great update, only glitch is that the new Super Horse Stable and Super Rabbit Hutch do :)not show in my facility manager yet, they are on the farm and I will just harvest them manually until its fixed, :)
Hi Aussie Rae,
I have already reported this to Raul. Hopefully he will get it fixed shortly.

max_river
Sep 18 2014, 08:42 PM
ty ty ty ty ty and ty for the update

anstar
Sep 18 2014, 09:01 PM
I was hoping for an increase in the capacity of storage for the existing stable, since it's a FC purchase, but holds the same amount as all the coin purchase 'barns'. Instead, I got the option to spend more FC to buy a bigger stable. <sigh> Buying another dairy barn, or chicken coop to put on another farm is pretty simple, so the 180 limit isn't such a big deal, but for those horses...FC are a precious commodity to me. I wish I could buy more. I can't.

Granny45
Sep 18 2014, 09:36 PM
thanks for the great upgrade

rodneycs
Sep 18 2014, 09:43 PM
New levels, new facilities BUT it is almost FOUR weeks since I have had any access to the Market Place. Have heard nothing from Support other than the acknowledgement. An extremely unhappy farmer.

JAS0643
Sep 18 2014, 10:26 PM
Thank you for the upgrade. Since it is 9/18 can we get the Halloween decorations now. At lease last years would be good that way we don't have to wait till the next update and get them like 2 weeks before Halloween.

HelenJS22
Sep 18 2014, 10:41 PM
:D
Thank you

bjyhey3
Sep 18 2014, 10:46 PM
Thank You :):):)

Farm Cash
Sep 18 2014, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the updates

thunders storm
Sep 18 2014, 11:22 PM
ty tyty ty.. mostly for the $25fc :-)
but seems more and more ingredients we need to add to our facility to comply with the required capacity..

Texas Belle
Sep 19 2014, 12:19 AM
All I can say is more coconuts and mango and they take forever to ripen, maybe they can shorten the time it takes from harvest to harvest.. from 4 days to at least 2 days.. :)

davejustdave
Sep 19 2014, 12:38 AM
thanks for the new stuff been playing for over 5 years and the game stays fresh always

LazyMare
Sep 19 2014, 01:07 AM
Loving the update and TY TY TY for the new levels and corresponding FC :D
Am really hoping petrochemical barrels, polyester fibre, oak lumber, cheese and sugar will be among the product tweaks.
Question - can we put the super stable on the same farm as a normal stable?

KnightRider
Sep 19 2014, 01:27 AM
Am really hoping petrochemical barrels, polyester fibre, oak lumber, cheese and sugar will be among the product tweaks.

Hello LazyMare,

It is like the other super sheds and only one shed of each type can be on a single farm, so if you already have a regular stables on a farm, you would either need to replace the regular stable with the super stable or put the super stable on a different farm.

Farmgirl_Su
Sep 19 2014, 01:43 AM
thank you :D

Harvest Moon
Sep 19 2014, 02:19 AM
thx dev's for great update...but more exciting for me tomorrow with the increase in "scarce products"....a dream come true...love your work...will be just like xmas morning

LazyMare
Sep 19 2014, 04:09 AM
Hello LazyMare,

It is like the other super sheds and only one shed of each type can be on a single farm, so if you already have a regular stables on a farm, you would either need to replace the regular stable with the super stable or put the super stable on a different farm.

Thanks Kitt :D :D :D

peekachoo
Sep 19 2014, 05:30 AM
Thank you to Raul and the devs. for the updates, the 25 farm cash is much appreciated ;)

Dutch85
Sep 19 2014, 06:59 AM
I have to thank you devs again....between the 25 FC for the new levels, and the FC for doing quests...I actually got a free FC facility! Yes some can argue that I EARNED that FC,,,,but I don't agree. I got that FC for PLAYING a game!!! It doesn't get any better than that!

1fritz
Sep 19 2014, 08:35 AM
Thanks Raul and Devs for the new update. You keep the game fresh and interesting. Love the new levels and possible expansions.

Thanks Again

earlgray
Sep 19 2014, 08:43 AM
All I can say is more coconuts and mango and they take forever to ripen, maybe they can shorten the time it takes from harvest to harvest.. from 4 days to at least 2 days.. :)

I second that. I think I would have to plant a whole farm corner to corner in coconuts to have enough. Please shorten the ripening time!

Peggy Quinn Mooneyhan
Sep 19 2014, 10:30 AM
Hoping we have increases in milk still never have enough even with requests

StoneFace
Sep 19 2014, 10:48 AM

Just a prediction... hehehe..... but I think that the Petro Barrels will be greatly increased, and the oak lumber will take an increase too.

Cheese and sugar ... probably not because they can be increased with facilities that cost coin.

Tygered
Sep 19 2014, 11:07 AM
Love the updates, but I sure would love to see farm 24.

rodneycs
Sep 19 2014, 11:11 AM
I second that. I think I would have to plant a whole farm corner to corner in coconuts to have enough. Please shorten the ripening time!

On every new farm I always plant coconuts along the two top sides with mango trees in front of them. They ripen in two days if you have the correct sprinkler.

flames24
Sep 19 2014, 11:29 AM
dont forget fiber and crude

Farmer_Susan
Sep 19 2014, 11:58 AM
I have to thank you devs again....between the 25 FC for the new levels, and the FC for doing quests...I actually got a free FC facility! Yes some can argue that I EARNED that FC,,,,but I don't agree. I got that FC for PLAYING a game!!! It doesn't get any better than that!

This is very cool. :)

KnightRider
Sep 19 2014, 12:14 PM
Thanks Kitt :D :D :D

Your welcome.

Petuniaflower
Sep 19 2014, 12:24 PM
Raul I won't tell anyone if you don't tell anyone ;)I think I got the best of ya last evening.I bought the super wool shed.Bought 360 sheep(counted my clicks).Used the tool to put them all in.There were still some left waiting.Shed was full,I clicked the ones waiting,thinking I must have miss counted.280:confused:I know I didn't miss count that many.I think I got some free sheep.:rolleyes:

Qivis
Sep 19 2014, 07:12 PM
Just when I was starting to think I was recovering from my FT addiction, my dealer gives me another hit.... :p Thanks for the new stuff!

benbrandon
Sep 19 2014, 11:09 PM
any word on what got increased yet?

JBowles
Sep 19 2014, 11:09 PM
Thank you for the update and upgrades, it is much appreciated.:)

JBowles
Sep 19 2014, 11:11 PM
Raul I won't tell anyone if you don't tell anyone ;)I think I got the best of ya last evening.I bought the super wool shed.Bought 360 sheep(counted my clicks).Used the tool to put them all in.There were still some left waiting.Shed was full,I clicked the ones waiting,thinking I must have miss counted.280:confused:I know I didn't miss count that many.I think I got some free sheep.:rolleyes:

So now you sheepishly admit it. LOL :D

Rob T
Sep 19 2014, 11:12 PM

Hi benbrandon,

Nope, but as soon as we know anything, we will post... but more than likely a member will beat us to it hehehhe

Queen.of.Clutter
Sep 20 2014, 02:17 AM

The new release stated 'tomorrow' .... we all know that Farm Town does NOT operate on a 24 hour day .... lol ! 'TECHNICALLY' should have been yesterday (the 19th) -- but ...... we will get it when we get it. I have learned to count on nothing ... and that way, when it happens .... well, YAY ! If it doesn't ... then, 'oh, well' ....

Any increase in ANYTHING will be appreciated, whenever it arrives ..

Rob T
Sep 20 2014, 02:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

bluehair
Sep 20 2014, 03:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

wohool so glad the petrol chemical and asphalt barrel has increased :) now I dont have to buy more oil refineries :)

theperfectnina
Sep 20 2014, 03:14 AM
Would have preferred 100% of the hotdog sausage, meat and chicken PLUS HAM as I am always out of it, great to see most of what made the increase list pity cinnamon bundles didn't make it, I've spent a fortune on the fac and the train carriages to try to make up for them but still never enough, maybe the ham and cinnamon will make the next increase along with more hotdog sausages

maggiel29
Sep 20 2014, 03:25 AM
Thank you thank you for the production increases and the update. I really appreciate the first - I dont have so much time playing as I did (people want me to sew stuff for them instead of farming - imagine!!) and now it is easier to fill my Facs.

HelenJS22
Sep 20 2014, 04:12 AM
Thank you thank you for the production increases and the update. I really appreciate the first - I dont have so much time playing as I did (people want me to sew stuff for them instead of farming - imagine!!) and now it is easier to fill my Facs.

LOL Maggie, Sew instead of play Farmtown?!?! They just don't have their priorities right do they :p

knolan
Sep 20 2014, 04:42 AM
What is the logic behind charging so much fc or coins for the farm expansions? For most players, like me, it's far beyond the reach of doomsday. Does the FT company want us to enjoy the game?

beverduster
Sep 20 2014, 04:52 AM
wonder why the quartz rock wasnt increased? the public facilities mads a big big jump using quartz,

turbo terry
Sep 20 2014, 05:21 AM
thanks Raul - glad to see the increases (specially for kaolin & oak lumber) - appreciate the hard work you and the devs have put in

L.A.Bob
Sep 20 2014, 05:46 AM
Was the increase in lumber production confined to the facilities or was it also included in the long lumber car of the train? I forgot the amount that the long lumber train car delivered. Thanks

HelenJS22
Sep 20 2014, 06:32 AM
Was the increase in lumber production confined to the facilities or was it also included in the long lumber car of the train? I forgot the amount that the long lumber train car delivered. Thanks

Jo L.A.Bob, It applies to the facilities at this stage. Maybe the train quotas will come next ?? :) The production increases are my favourite part of this upgrade.

HelenJS22
Sep 20 2014, 06:35 AM
wonder why the quartz rock wasnt increased? the public facilities mads a big big jump using quartz,

Hi Beaverduster, No idea why the quartz wasn't increased, but I'm guessing that the devs didn't think we needed it yet. It's entirely up to them what the upgrades include and the long list of increases is a really big plus.

StoneFace
Sep 20 2014, 06:51 AM
Great to see the increases.

I just noticed that the bonus for the Petro Barrels (posted by others) netted me 50 barrels instead of the usual 32. woo hoo !!

On one hand that is great.

On the other, perhaps we can see an increase in the $7million coin limit for accepting bonus or ingredient items..... like maybe to $20million :rolleyes:. so that we can take full advantage of the increases.

I should have made a note of the previous criteria to compare with the new production levels...
like:
time to produce the batch
number of that product per batch

time to grow a tree, or convert logs to lumber....

etc

anyone out there who charts those kinds of things??

beverduster
Sep 20 2014, 08:26 AM
stoner we will go to 8 mill probably on the dec update or when we get new levels

and t y helen for the quick reply,

with the brush fire that we got, think ill set a farm or 2 on fire in protest of not getting an increase in quartz

Momma Woods
Sep 20 2014, 08:33 AM
Dear Raul, Thank you, can't say it enough. The need for increased production was given us very generously. That update was like my most wanted wish being granted. Love you and the team.

StoneFace
Sep 20 2014, 08:41 AM
stoner we will go to 8 mill probably on the dec update or when we get new levels

and t y helen for the quick reply,

with the brush fire that we got, think ill set a farm or 2 on fire in protest of not getting an increase in quartz

Can't totally agree with that BD .... We can guess at what my happen. But if it gets an increase, it could occur at any time, not necessarily December.

When the limits for the buy/sell were increased, they went from 6500, to 20,500 overnight.

So I anticipate a LOT bigger increase than just 14%

6500 increased to 20,500 (depending on level, avatar clothes etc)
$7 Mill increased to ??? $20 Mill / 12 hours (depending on level, etc)

:cool:

beverduster
Sep 20 2014, 09:18 AM
all im going by is what has happen in the past, i hope you are right stoner

Berle
Sep 20 2014, 09:59 AM
Hallelujia for the increase in production. WOW

Snookie Sue
Sep 20 2014, 10:15 AM
Love the new brush fire! Thanks for the production increases, especially for the paper rolls and canvas. :)

rjohn726
Sep 20 2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks for increasing the Iron ore

ceciliawells33
Sep 20 2014, 12:06 PM
thank you you guys rock

Petuniaflower
Sep 20 2014, 12:49 PM
ServerM 38 Taz you are right, the server is being very temperamental this morning.Will see who wins out,me or it.Put the post here,in case others are having the problems I am having.It is not the game,BUT the server.Guess it is having problems digesting,all my expanded farms.:rolleyes:

bruhelmboldt
Sep 20 2014, 01:01 PM
Having some serious problems this morning. Utilization is over 100% in most facilities, but the item I need for a quest won't decrease, even when friends work the facility - the rest of the items are now at 50%, but not the key item (paper rolls). Any hints?

Taz D
Sep 20 2014, 01:13 PM
Having some serious problems this morning. Utilization is over 100% in most facilities, but the item I need for a quest won't decrease, even when friends work the facility - the rest of the items are now at 50%, but not the key item (paper rolls). Any hints?
Hi Bruhelmboldt,
I am sure it has to do with the increases in productions that Raul released last night. Just not sure if this is a problem or if it will clear up on it's own.
Just tried mine and with all items checked it only went to 100%. Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and look again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

dnana
Sep 20 2014, 06:34 PM
Dear Raul, Thank you, can't say it enough. The need for increased production was given us very generously. That update was like my most wanted wish being granted. Love you and the team.

I must second this, VERY generous, thank you very, very, VERY, very, much!!! You guys are so good to us and keep the game so interesting!!!! Hope you are as happy with the response as we are with the gifts!! :D

Rugged Barbie
Sep 20 2014, 06:58 PM
In my Oil Refinery I'm getting Petrochemical 5 units in 6 hours, Asphalt 2 units in 6 hours.
I don't see any increase. What am I missing here?

Taz D
Sep 20 2014, 07:12 PM
In my Oil Refinery I'm getting Petrochemical 5 units in 6 hours, Asphalt 2 units in 6 hours.
I don't see any increase. What am I missing here?
Hi Rugged Barbie,
It is an increase. Before it was 3 petrochemical barrels and 1 asphalt barrel per 6 hours. Now it is 5 petrochemical and 2 asphault in 6 hours.

Rugged Barbie
Sep 20 2014, 07:18 PM
Hi Rugged Barbie,
It is an increase. Before it was 3 petrochemical barrels and 1 asphalt barrel per 6 hours. Now it is 5 petrochemical and 2 asphault in 6 hours.

hmmm. was there an increase in the oil pump production?
clueless here

Taz D
Sep 20 2014, 07:29 PM
hmmm. was there an increase in the oil pump production?
clueless here
No, but there wasn't an increase in the amount of oil needed for producing the other items that were increased.

StoneFace
Sep 20 2014, 07:48 PM
Hi Rugged Barbie,

In addition.... when a Petro Barrel Bonus is reached, it is 100/50 now, instead of the 64/32 share before the release.

Rugged Barbie
Sep 20 2014, 08:27 PM
Thank you Taz and Mr. Face.

Farmer_Susan
Sep 20 2014, 09:29 PM
Wow! Delighted with all the increases. Thanks!

BBwolf
Sep 20 2014, 09:53 PM
Its awful slow, people are gonna quit, yall better do something.

Granny45
Sep 20 2014, 10:09 PM
thanks so much for the increase in production love farm town and you guys :)

Deanna J. Lloyd
Sep 21 2014, 03:40 AM
Hmmm! Well, there's the FC25 (which I immediately spent on new facilities! And then there's the PRODUCTION INCREASES! HOORAY! These should make lots of people happy. They sure make me VERY happy!!

No if we could just get a long train car with items from the Open Pit Mine and Semi (other than the items we already have)!

You are super!!! I've been playing almost since the beginning and this game just keeps getting better and better (ignoring the few bumps in the road)

andy forrest
Sep 21 2014, 04:44 AM
I see from your updates that paper roll production has INCREASED by 50%, when I went on my farm, I tried to start production of paper rolls and found that I could not as production has DECREASED by 50% ?

~Pauline~
Sep 21 2014, 05:04 AM
yay thanks for the improvements to the worlds fave game :)

Taz D
Sep 21 2014, 10:30 AM
I see from your updates that paper roll production has INCREASED by 50%, when I went on my farm, I tried to start production of paper rolls and found that I could not as production has DECREASED by 50% ?
Hi Andy,
I think you are misunderstanding the increases in production. We were getting 2 rolls per batch from 1 pine log. We now get 3 rolls per batch for the same 1 pine log. It did not mean the overall production percentage you see when looking at the facility in the facility manager.

Petuniaflower
Sep 21 2014, 11:05 AM
This just happened to me :confused::eek:A 6 dan Acorn Bonus pops up,then the game does a auto restart,which happens to me on a regular basis.When the Game reloaded,I was back to 5th dan Acorn with over a thousand to reach 6.Explain that please.SPOOKY!!!

Taz D
Sep 21 2014, 11:40 AM
This just happened to me :confused::eek:A 6 dan Acorn Bonus pops up,then the game does a auto restart,which happens to me on a regular basis.When the Game reloaded,I was back to 5th dan Acorn with over a thousand to reach 6.Explain that please.SPOOKY!!!
Hi Petuniaflower,
The only thing I can think of would be that it was like a time-out error, so the data for the belt did not take. It would be like getting a timeout when harvesting and the crop shows as not harvested after the restart.

Rugged Barbie
Sep 21 2014, 11:59 AM
Hi Andy,
I think you are misunderstanding the increases in production. We were getting 2 rolls per batch from 1 pine log. We now get 3 rolls per batch for the same 1 pine log. It did not mean the overall production percentage you see when looking at the facility in the facility manager.

Well, I have a gazillion pine logs and oak logs. What I, and maybe some of us other players really needed, is a shorter time for production of the paper rolls and oak lumber piles as well as actually more product being produced per run. That's where the traffic jams are for me.

Edit starts here:
Also, takes like 8 hours to produce Copper Ore - only 48 units of Kaolin Clay every 8 hours - I would have loved to see production increases for these non-assisted facilities. I'm not complaining - I'm just sayin'
:)

Texas Belle
Sep 21 2014, 05:59 PM
On every new farm I always plant coconuts along the two top sides with mango trees in front of them. They ripen in two days if you have the correct sprinkler.

No the whole purpose is that they be decreases to two days to ripen and then with the irrigation sprinkler it would come down to 1.2 days which is what most of the trees take to be able to harvest.. the only ones that take 4 days is Mango, Coconuts and Cherry... and you need them all the time... :)

andy forrest
Sep 22 2014, 05:22 AM
No I fully understand those increases, perhaps I worded it wrong, I have 5 paper mills on my farms, and cannot produce any new batches of paper roll, because the max production of paper rolls has been reduced by 50% to 540 rolls over 15 days. where as it was at 1080 rolls over 15 days, I at present have 970+ rolls pending production on all 5 of my mills, I have had to buy a 6th mill to complete a task in a quest, why has this happened,

earlgray
Sep 22 2014, 08:59 AM
No I fully understand those increases, perhaps I worded it wrong, I have 5 paper mills on my farms, and cannot produce any new batches of paper roll, because the max production of paper rolls has been reduced by 50% to 540 rolls over 15 days. where as it was at 1080 rolls over 15 days, I at present have 970+ rolls pending production on all 5 of my mills, I have had to buy a 6th mill to complete a task in a quest, why has this happened,

I'm puzzled by this too. I also am unable to start more production of paper roll because I already have almost twice as much in production as the 540 15-day maximum in each of the 4 mills I owned. In fact, I also needed to make paper roll for a quest, and the only way I could accomplish that was to purchase an additional paper mill. I don't remember how it was before the change. All the other paper mill products except sandpaper are finished in one hour, but paper rolls are two hours. Was that changed? If so, it should be set back to one hour, otherwise it is in fact true that total paper roll production has been decreased, not increased, and we'll all end up needing to buy even more mills.

earlgray
Sep 22 2014, 09:05 AM
Hi Andy,

3 rolls takes 2 pine logs, not 1.

Taz D
Sep 22 2014, 09:55 AM

I'm puzzled by this too. I also am unable to start more production of paper roll because I already have almost twice as much in production as the 540 15-day maximum in each of the 4 mills I owned. In fact, I needed to make paper roll for a quest, and the only way I could accomplish that was to purchase an additional paper mill. I don't remember how it was before the change. All the other paper mill products except sandpaper are finished in one hour, but paper rolls are two hours. Was that changed? If so, it should be set back to one hour, otherwise it is in fact true that paper roll production has been decreased, not increased.
You are both correct. When I checked it at first for you Andy I didn't notice the time change. And Earlgrey it was only 1 log when I looked at that time. Sorry for the misinformation.The time changed from 1 hour to 2 after the release of the increases. That is why you are stuck at over production. And when you add it all up it actually does come out as a decrease instead of an increase.
We have notified the developers, so hope we hear something back today.

earlgray
Sep 22 2014, 10:04 AM
You are both correct. When I checked it at first for you Andy I didn't notice the time change. And Earlgrey it was only 1 log when I looked at that time. Sorry for the misinformation.The time changed from 1 hour to 2 after the release of the increases. That is why you are stuck at over production. And when you add it all up it actually does come out as a decrease instead of an increase.

Thank you, Taz!

KojiOrphen
Sep 22 2014, 10:34 AM
Actually, it results in a 50% increase in production.

Before, 1 roll was produced every 1 hour for a total of 24 rolls per day.

Now, 3 rolls are produced every 2 hours for a total of 36 rolls per day.

This information is based on my August spreadsheet.

I'm not sure how the over production occurred.

Koji

PS While I like the increases, I would have liked to have seen more for the Textile products. I can only reduce my Textile and Spinning Mills from 20 to 9.

Taz D
Sep 22 2014, 10:41 AM
Actually, it results in a 50% increase in production.

Before, 1 roll was produced ever 1 hour for a total of 24 rolls per day.

Now, 3 rolls are produced every 2 hours for a total of 36 rolls per day.

This information is based on my August spreadsheet.

I'm not sure how the over production occurred.

Koji
Hi Koji,
The production before was 2 rolls every hour previously not 1. From 2 rolls up to 3 rolls would be a 50% increase as stated in the release notes. Houever, the change to 2 hours negated that. If it had gone from 1 rollup to 3 then Raul would have said it was a 200% increase.

KojiOrphen
Sep 22 2014, 10:52 AM
Hi Koji,
The production before was 2 rolls every hour previously not 1. From 2 rolls up to 3 rolls would be a 50% increase as stated in the release notes. Houever, the change to 2 hours negated that. If it had gone from 1 rollup to 3 then Raul would have said it was a 200% increase.

Humm, I must have missed an increase some where along the line. I went back to August, 2012 and I still see the production as 24 rolls per day.

As I said, my information is based on my spreadsheet.

Koji

Rugged Barbie
Sep 22 2014, 11:16 AM
Perhaps the Developers are thinking more of us would purchase the train cars that produce paper rolls, lumber piles and the like. I've not done an analysis on cost of producing each of the items these cars load nor the comparison of time per product to deliver each of the above. Anyone done this would you please share here?

Taz D
Sep 22 2014, 12:24 PM
Ok Guys and gals, we have the answer from Raul.
The previous production was only 1 roll per hour (you were correct Koji) consuming 1 pine log per batch for 360 in a 15 day fill.
Now it is 3 rolls in 2 hours consuming 2 pine logs per batch for 540 in a 15 day fill. That is a 50% increase as stated in the release notes.
For those of you who ended up with more production that you should have had, this was caused because you already had some batches in production and when you filled it increased to over 100%. This should go down and be normal as you post your facilities and they are worked or you let them produce out for the 15 days. If this doesn't go down please let us know.
Sorry for all the confusion and hopefully this will straighten it self out.

earlgray
Sep 22 2014, 04:32 PM
Ok Guys and gals, we have the answer from Raul.
The previous production was only 1 roll per hour (you were correct Koji) consuming 1 pine log per batch for 360 in a 15 day fill.
Now it is 3 rolls in 2 hours consuming 2 pine logs per batch for 540 in a 15 day fill. That is a 50% increase as stated in the release notes.
For those of you who ended up with more production that you should have had, this was caused because you already had some batches in production and when you filled it increased to over 100%. This should go down and be normal as you post your facilities and they are worked or you let them produce out for the 15 days. If this doesn't go down please let us know.
Sorry for all the confusion and hopefully this will straighten it self out.

OK, thanks, that all makes sense. Only problem was the necessity of buying another paper mill in order to be able to complete the quest in time, as I don't think it would have gone down enough before the deadline. But I can live with that. At least it was a coins facility and not FC.

hurican
Sep 23 2014, 03:06 PM
hi

Just a thought ......... the developers were to add chicken, red meat to the refrigerated train car ......... you will sell alot more trains ......

firegold flames
Sep 23 2014, 05:06 PM
i find it okay and give a rank of 5/10

hurican
Sep 23 2014, 05:38 PM
hi

Since the new release last week .......... when i go to the farmtown request wall to work facilities .......... i get this message ....... we could not find any friend asking for help in your news feed ........... i saw it a few times immediately after the release ....but was able to get in an work facilities ...... last couple of days its a constant message ...... can't work facilities from there at all.

Rugged Barbie
Sep 23 2014, 07:46 PM

Andy, could you have posted for factory requests and have some friends run through the factories? That would have reduced the working inventory to enable you to load more in the paper mills, etc. that you already had.

Problem I have is when a quest calls for product from non neighbor work runs like oil pump, metal mines and the like.

Just a thought.

Jean's Farm
Sep 23 2014, 07:57 PM
Not sure if I should post this here or not.......having a LOT of problems tonight.....my harvest buddy and I keep getting the plug flashing and box to refresh.....he flashes in and out all the time.....he did one farm and when I went back it wasn't done at all.

Wondering if it's Raul working on the new quest thing?? If it causes this many problems I can do with out the co-op quest.

cocosfarm
Sep 24 2014, 12:27 PM
With all the beautiful new buildings we really need a new farm to put them on. FARM 24 soon !!! Please Devs!

KnightRider
Sep 24 2014, 12:48 PM
With all the beautiful new buildings we really need a new farm to put them on. FARM 24 soon !!! Please Devs!

Hello cocosfarm,

Your suggestion would be better in the suggestion section so the developers can see your suggestion, you can't start a new thread, this way they can keep the suggestion section easier to read, but you can put it in the thread that is closest to what you are suggesting and if you don't see one that is close, you can put it in the thread My idea doesn't have a thread.

dave1949
Sep 24 2014, 12:52 PM
Is it only me, but since the last release, the game is so very slow. Yes Ive cleared caches etc. It is very close to not playable

Rugged Barbie
Sep 24 2014, 12:54 PM
Is it only me, but since the last release, the game is so very slow. Yes Ive cleared caches etc. It is very close to not playable

Xtremely slow
bogging down
painfully unimpressive with performance

lollipopthebunny
Sep 24 2014, 04:17 PM
IS there an actual list of the items that Raul increased production on and the amounts of each item? I have read about the Oil refinery but sounds like there are other items too. Thanks for any help.

KnightRider
Sep 24 2014, 05:07 PM
IS there an actual list of the items that Raul increased production on and the amounts of each item? I have read about the Oil refinery but sounds like there are other items too. Thanks for any help.

Hello lollipopthebunny,

It tells which items and what percentage the item was increased in the fist post that Raul posted.

lollipopthebunny
Sep 24 2014, 05:08 PM
Hello lollipopthebunny,

It tells which items and what percentage the item was increased in the fist post that Raul posted.
Thank you, I just found it. I don't think when the new release came out he had it listed other than it was coming on some things....

KnightRider
Sep 24 2014, 05:11 PM
Thank you, I just found it. I don't think when the new release came out he had it listed other than it was coming on some things....

No, Raul didn't put it in there until they increased the items and then he edited the post.

max_river
Sep 24 2014, 08:07 PM
i just notice when i went to friends farm the coperate quest dice is at the bottum where the trofey and note button is

KnightRider
Sep 24 2014, 08:40 PM
i just notice when i went to friends farm the coperate quest dice is at the bottum where the trofey and note button is

Hello Max,

I just noticed that also, they must be getting ready to add those quests to the game.

anstar
Sep 24 2014, 11:30 PM
The Super Stables holds 360 horses and the regular Stables hold only 180
Raul, thank you for responding. I wish you could receive responses to PMs you send.
I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. I love this game. I've been playing for 5 years. I will continue to play. What I meant was...The regular stable, which costs 25 FC, has the exact same capacity as the dairy barn, or the chicken coop, or the rabbit hutch, all of which are coin purchases. My hope was to see the storage capacity of that FC regular stable increase some. Looking objectively at the store, it's hard to understand why one can purchase a dairy barn for coins, but must use farm cash for the stable, when they hold the same number of animals. I've seen new players ask the question, here in the forums, and in the markets as well. The only answer I've heard is, "it used to be a decoration".
(And the regular stable will hold 360. 180 horses and 180 Clydesdale horses) :)

Taz D
Sep 24 2014, 11:41 PM
Raul, thank you for responding. I wish you could receive responses to PMs you send.
I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. I love this game. I've been playing for 5 years. I will continue to play. What I meant was...The regular stable, which costs 25 FC, has the exact same capacity as the dairy barn, or the chicken coop, or the rabbit hutch, all of which are coin purchases. My hope was to see the storage capacity of that FC regular stable increase some. Looking objectively at the store, it's hard to understand why one can purchase a dairy barn for coins, but must use farm cash for the stable, when they hold the same number of animals. I've seen new players ask the question, here in the forums, and in the markets as well. The only answer I've heard is, "it used to be a decoration".
(And the regular stable will hold 360. 180 horses and 180 Clydesdale horses) :)
Hi Anstar,
The Super stable will hold 720 (360 horses and 360 Clysdales) plus is ready much faster, so you could possible harvest it every 8 hours instead of once every 40 hours.

anstar
Sep 24 2014, 11:53 PM
The Super stable will hold 720 (360 horses and 360 Clysdales) plus is ready much faster, so you could possible harvest it every 8 hours instead of once every 40 hours.
Yes I know. It also costs an additional 50 FC. I'm not complaining about the super stable. It's great. I just wish it was an *also* rather than an *instead*. (of expanding the capacity of the regular stable). That's all I was trying to say.

Rob T
Sep 25 2014, 11:24 AM
Hi Everyone, the new Co-Op quests are released :) Enjoy :)

ceciliawells33
Sep 25 2014, 12:07 PM
i have a question about co-op is it only players of vertain levels that can do these? as some of my neighbours dont have the blue dice thank you in advance :)

Taz D
Sep 25 2014, 12:11 PM
i have a question about co-op is it only players of vertain levels that can do these? as some of my neighbours dont have the blue dice thank you in advance :)
Hi Cecelia,
If they don't have it they should have it soon. Any restrictions on quest should be the same as the normal quests and that is only for how many they can have open it the same time.

ceciliawells33
Sep 25 2014, 12:24 PM
thank you Taz :D

andygoerke
Sep 25 2014, 12:59 PM
My shortwave player keeps freezing on farmtown since this last upgrade for the new quest it was ok this morning

Opalgem
Sep 25 2014, 01:05 PM
Question on the Co-Op quests please...How do we know how much it is costing us to by and sell things to our neighbors?? Am I missing this info some place in the notes?? How much are we buying as well, will this effect our regular quests and the amounts we can buy in a day??
Could I please get an answer...everyone else has been answered that posted after me...

mpwhitford
Sep 25 2014, 01:38 PM
Hi Cecelia,
If they don't have it they should have it soon. Any restrictions on quest should be the same as the normal quests and that is only for how many they can have open it the same time.

from what I'm seeing the blue dot only shows if your neighbor has an ACTIVE co op quest. I'd like to make a suggestion that the blue dot be added to our neighbor tab (not the neighbors at the bottom of the farm). You can help friends who play FT also but can only get to their farm by clicking on their picture off the neighbor tab. Perhaps if the blue dot showed there letting us know that person is working a quest it might be easier.

zadscmc
Sep 25 2014, 01:49 PM
I helped a neighbor with a task (sold him 5 cotton), however the product never made it too him. He doesn't have the goods to move to the next step. Am I missing a step?

earlgray
Sep 25 2014, 02:53 PM
I looked at a neighbor's cooperative quest, and it only said "null" above the pictures of the ingredients. What does that mean? None of my other neighbors have a cooperative quest yet. It doesn't seem like 1.4 days is going to be enough time to complete this; maybe, at least in the beginning, there should be a longer time period?

whosyou?
Sep 25 2014, 03:36 PM
I started one today.1 neighbor can do only one thing per quest.EX... I needed to buy carrots,lettuce,pumpkins,and cabbage...then load them into the zoo feeding for hippo food.
The downside is that you need to constantly check to see if your neighbors come online.My quest is 23 hours...going to be hard esp. if any neighbors planted 2,3,or 4 day crops and won't be online for a day or 2.
On the upside...more reason to talk to a few of your close neighbors and work out a strategy.;)

marymarcel
Sep 25 2014, 03:47 PM
I started one today.1 neighbor can do only one thing per quest.EX... I needed to buy carrots,lettuce,pumpkins,and cabbage...then load them into the zoo feeding for hippo food.
The downside is that you need to constantly check to see if your neighbors come online.My quest is 23 hours...going to be hard esp. if any neighbors planted 2,3,or 4 day crops and won't be online for a day or 2.
On the upside...more reason to talk to a few of your close neighbors and work out a strategy.;)

Hi whosyou?!

Your neighbors dont need to be on line, you can check all your neighbors in the neighbors bar and on line or not, they are showed with the blue dot if they have a coop quest open, so you can click in their photos and choose Show X's cooperative quest and check if they need help or there's something you need for your quest and buy it.:)

Taz D
Sep 25 2014, 04:20 PM
My shortwave player keeps freezing on farmtown since this last upgrade for the new quest it was ok this morning
Hi Andy,
You are going to have to explain this. What shortwave player?

andygoerke
Sep 25 2014, 04:27 PM
Hi Andy,
You are going to have to explain this. What shortwave player?

Shockwave player typo it works in IE ok

mpwhitford
Sep 25 2014, 04:42 PM
I think we also need to keep in mind that since you have to complete the last step of the co op quest if you don't have that factory then there is no sence in even starting the quest.

grandmas farm
Sep 25 2014, 04:46 PM
I can't complete mine as there are no iris in my storage, but I didn't have a neighbor click on the iris, but my fac will not produce iris oil. Not sure how this works, also, would be good to see what the neighbor has on the quest by hover ing over their blue dot, and not have to open all of them, all of my neighbors have differnet quests, so itis of not good to me, unless they put up a help sign. I did put up a help sign and that is how mine was checked. Why won't my fac make the oil.

beverduster
Sep 25 2014, 05:16 PM
how does it work? been to several and it didnt do diddley squat, i looked at the start of this thread & all it had to say about it was really nothing at all but that it had been implamented, im lost on what to do

TexasStar
Sep 25 2014, 05:21 PM
I started a coop quest, got Multiflowers Boquet so need 4 different flowers. My Help Note has a 2 by it so I guess I can only ask for help on 2. So far none of my neighbors have any flowers in their coop quests.
1) Am I correct in thinking that if none of my neighbors have a quest with at least two flowers I need, I cannot complete the quest?
2) Am I only able to buy what I need if the neighbor has an active Help Request for that item?
I am holding off on asking for help to see if I can get two and ask for help on the other two. It expires in 1 day, so not a lot of time to hope two neighbors get a quest with flowers I need ... because if I understand correctly .. I can only get one per neighbor?

tiggeragin
Sep 25 2014, 05:31 PM
I started a coop quest, got Multiflowers Boquet so need 4 different flowers. My Help Note has a 2 by it so I guess I can only ask for help on 2. So far none of my neighbors have any flowers in their coop quests. Am I correct in thinking that if none of my neighbors have a quest with at least two flowers I need, I cannot complete the quest. I am holding off on asking for help to see if I can get two and ask for help on the other two. It expires in 1 day, so not a lot of time to hope two neighbors get a quest with flowers I need ... because if I understand correctly .. I can only get one per neighbor?

So far I haven't found one neighbor with the same quest. I'm feeling like this is wasting precious time I could be working on my farm or working facilities for my neighbors. :(

Taz D
Sep 25 2014, 05:43 PM
Shockwave player typo it works in IE ok
LOL...ok. What browser is it not working in? If it is Chrome you may need to uninstall Chrome and reinstall as Chrome has it already added in.

Grammy 11
Sep 25 2014, 06:05 PM
Can only NEIGHBORS help with Co-op quests? If it is friends, how do I get to non-neighbor friends' blue dots?

James Nelson
Sep 25 2014, 06:15 PM
LOL...ok. What browser is it not working in? If it is Chrome you may need to uninstall Chrome and reinstall as Chrome has it already added in.

Try opening the music into a separate browser.
I have to do that a lot. No matter which browser I am using, I have to have a separate browser open to play my music.

James Nelson
Sep 25 2014, 06:16 PM
I started a coop quest, got Multiflowers Boquet so need 4 different flowers. My Help Note has a 2 by it so I guess I can only ask for help on 2. So far none of my neighbors have any flowers in their coop quests.
1) Am I correct in thinking that if none of my neighbors have a quest with at least two flowers I need, I cannot complete the quest?
2) Am I only able to buy what I need if the neighbor has an active Help Request for that item?
I am holding off on asking for help to see if I can get two and ask for help on the other two. It expires in 1 day, so not a lot of time to hope two neighbors get a quest with flowers I need ... because if I understand correctly .. I can only get one per neighbor?

Can we go to the marketplace for help in this quest?

lynnetimpeiro@msn.com
Sep 25 2014, 06:28 PM
Sorry folks but got memory block -- where are the updated "rules" on the co-op quests? I just tried to sell a friend 2 ingreds she needed but could only sell her one. Clicked on blue box and it said I didn't need the ingred for any active quest. I don't have any co-op quest going as I wanted to see what all had been put out on it but now can't find it!! Thank you! Keep smiling this is only the first day!! LOL

marymarcel
Sep 25 2014, 06:31 PM
Sorry folks but got memory block -- where are the updated "rules" on the co-op quests? I just tried to sell a friend 2 ingreds she needed but could only sell her one. Clicked on blue box and it said I didn't need the ingred for any active quest. I don't have any co-op quest going as I wanted to see what all had been put out on it but now can't find it!! Thank you! Keep smiling this is only the first day!! LOL

Hi Lynn!

Go to the first post, first page of this thread. The rules and instructions for the new cooperative quest are in point 3.:)

TexasStar
Sep 25 2014, 06:59 PM
Can only NEIGHBORS help with Co-op quests? If it is friends, how do I get to non-neighbor friends' blue dots?

I have looked at friend's co-op quests when working their facilities but have not found anyone with what I need so am just assuming it would work if I did.

lynnetimpeiro@msn.com
Sep 25 2014, 08:30 PM
Oh good grief!! Duh!! Thank you so much, Mary!!

RFMad
Sep 25 2014, 08:35 PM
I don't think the short time allowed for the quest will work for me. I haven't seen anyone with my quest to buy what I need. Either the time needs to be extended or the ability to post what is needed instead of going through 80 neighbors and click on their blue dot to see if they have what I need. This may be the first and only co-op quest that I do if things aren't tweaked.

max_river
Sep 25 2014, 08:57 PM
i just confused on how many help you get mine only had 4 and i more incredites that i need

theperfectnina
Sep 25 2014, 08:59 PM
I think for the blue quest (that's what I'm calling them lol) we will need to be allowed to have more than the number of neighbours and also I hope they consider making so we can have more, I only just did one to see what it is like and have 2 steps left but can't see how I am going to complete it at all, so what's the point in starting if hardly anyone is playing the blue quests or willing to help??

Only time will tell I suppose

Taz D
Sep 25 2014, 09:07 PM
I think for the blue quest (that's what I'm calling them lol) we will need to be allowed to have more than the number of neighbours and also I hope they consider making it that we DON'T have to visit each farm just to help out, that takes so much time and people will give up, I only just did one to see what it is like and have 2 steps left but can't see how I am going to complete it at all, so what's the point in starting if hardly anyone is playing the blue quests or willing to help??

Only time will tell I suppose
Hi theperfectnina,
You don't have to visit each farm to go to their quests. Find the ones with the blue dot on them, click on them in the neighbor bar and the last item in the menu is to open their quest.

Taz D
Sep 25 2014, 09:09 PM
i just confused on how many help you get mine only had 4 and i more incredites that i need
Hi Max_river,
The help notes is only part of it. You can visit your neighbors that have the blue dot and if they need the same item you need then you can buy it by clicking on it.

max_river
Sep 25 2014, 09:14 PM
thanks taz i just figured it out i guess i should read thing carefully lol

James Nelson
Sep 25 2014, 09:20 PM
Wondering ... if I can go to the marketplace to 'buy' what I need in this 'blue' quest?

Hey, I could invite them to my farm, and then let them see my quest....
Would that work?

And why do we have to 'buy' everything, even the items that we could do like to buy sugarcain, then to make it, we need to buy the sugar from another friend.

Seems convulted to me.

Taz D
Sep 25 2014, 09:23 PM
Wondering ... if I can go to the marketplace to 'buy' what I need in this 'blue' quest?

Hey, I could invite them to my farm, and then let them see my quest....
Would that work?
Hi James,
Sorry, but strangers can not help with those quests.

Rugged Barbie
Sep 25 2014, 09:29 PM
Hi James,
Sorry, but strangers can not help with those quests.

evidently fb friends can help with the 'help' item but not the buy items, right?

Farmer_Susan
Sep 25 2014, 09:56 PM
Happy to see the Cooperative Quests! Should be fun. One suggestion - might help to have the neighbor's name at the top of the Quest window. I was going along my neighbor bar checking all of them and I kept forgetting where I was.

Also, one neighbor had the blue "Collect Coins" thing. Since it was blue, it made me think I could collect some coins, too, but I clicked it and nothing happened. If we're supposed to get coins, mine didn't work. If we're not, maybe that button shouldn't be visible to non-owners? Or shouldn't be blue?

Anyway . . . just thoughts. So far, so good! I got probably 8 - 10 things I needed just in one round through my neighbors and a lot of neighbors hadn't started quests yet. Should be even better as more people play.

Thanks, devs! :)

Taz D
Sep 25 2014, 10:15 PM
evidently fb friends can help with the 'help' item but not the buy items, right?
Hi Rugged Barbie,
Apparently you can do both as long as they are friends. Only strangers are excluded.

RozeeS
Sep 25 2014, 11:24 PM
Very disappointed in the new co-operative Quests. Seems this is only going to benefit those people who have loads neighbours of wanting to participate and then actually have the same items. The one thing I have liked about FT is that we are able to play the game mostly on our own with the minimum of help from friends and neighbours.

So far I have none of my neighbours with the same items I need, so using "notes" is of no use and with the short time we have to complete them, this appears to be a total waste of time

I know this is a new thing and maybe in time more neighbours will be interested, but I doubt there will be many of my neighbours actually wanting to go with this as I am not sure there is more than a handful of them actually doing the regular quests.

It's a shame we have to have the same items as another neighbour to get them and not just visit a neighbours farm and "sell" them an item they need, via the quest button on their farm. This still involves a neighbour willing to visit your farm and do this for you.

Think I will be giving co-operative quests a miss for now

Taz D
Sep 26 2014, 12:39 AM
Raul just posted updates on the co-op quests:

Cooperative Quests changes:

-To help on the initial phase we increased the expiration time for all Cooperative Quests by 3 days, this applies only to newly created quests, this may go down or up again in the future
-To help on the initial phase we increased the Buy limit per single quest from 1 to unlimited, this number may go down again in the future
-We now show how many coins were spent or earned when buying and selling products to friends
-Show explanation with the meaning of the blue dot when someone opens a neighbour Quest Manager that doesn't have any active quests

Harvest Moon
Sep 26 2014, 01:08 AM
I think the co-op quests are great and I think its very clever and I think its fun...I know..thats alot of thinking for me...but..well done dev team..:)....but on another note..I have serious doubts about completing mine by finding a dental chart..lol!!

thunders storm
Sep 26 2014, 02:00 AM
in co-op quest..(load pillow case) i need 6 items to buy (sold by my neighbor who is willing to visit ) but my help 'ticket' are only for 3.. now my problem is i can't fine (well yet) among my neighbor who are having the blue ink, the pillow case, and the silk textile roll in their quest lol i have lots of neighbor but only few has a blue button on their avatar

bruhelmboldt
Sep 26 2014, 02:58 AM
Odds of finding a similar quest are astronomical. Not enough friends in the world.

FUGGEDABOUDIT.

Next?

maggiel29
Sep 26 2014, 02:59 AM
Very disappointed in the new co-operative Quests. Seems this is only going to benefit those people who have loads neighbours of wanting to participate and then actually have the same items. The one thing I have liked about FT is that we are able to play the game mostly on our own with the minimum of help from friends and neighbours.

So far I have none of my neighbours with the same items I need, so using "notes" is of no use and with the short time we have to complete them, this appears to be a total waste of time

I know this is a new thing and maybe in time more neighbours will be interested, but I doubt there will be many of my neighbours actually wanting to go with this as I am not sure there is more than a handful of them actually doing the regular quests.

It's a shame we have to have the same items as another neighbour to get them and not just visit a neighbours farm and "sell" them an item they need, via the quest button on their farm. This still involves a neighbour willing to visit your farm and do this for you.

Think I will be giving co-operative quests a miss for now

I think you have hit the nail on the head - one of the things I hated about that "other" game was having to continually bug my friends for stuff. I dont have time to trawl through and find people to help me get stuff either. I know this is prob designed to help us be more "social" which I dont mind but I hate bugging people to help me play games

Grammy 11
Sep 26 2014, 03:03 AM
Please increase number of neighbors allowed to help with the blue quests. Once we have completed a quest and are waiting for new blue quest to appear does our blue button go away? If so, I fear players will delete players from neighbor list thinking they aren't interested in the co-op. Thanks.

Farmer_Susan
Sep 26 2014, 04:30 AM
Odds of finding a similar quest are astronomical.

Hmmmm . . . I'm a little concerned about this, too. For example, my first co-op quest is to load 10 scrabble games in a facility. I've worked it to the point where I now need to buy/sell a scrabble game. Seems like that is VERY unlikely to happen. So does that mean this quest is just dead in the water? If that's the case - if there are no other ways to finish it - that's not going to keep people motivated, I don't think. The tendency is going to be to look at a quest, see that it has an unlikely item at the very end and then just not start it. Why go to the trouble to even begin it if you can tell up front that it's probably not going to happen. And frankly, I haven't been paying attention, but I assume I've been using coins to buy the various items I've needed for this quest so if that's the case, there's a penalty for even trying an unlikely/long-shot kind of quest. Maybe we need some tweaks here? Some other way we can get the unlikely items? Otherwise, I think the co-op quests will only appeal to a few and their success is tied to being able to appeal to lots of folks.

JacqV
Sep 26 2014, 04:33 AM
hi Thanks for the update !!! (except for the cooperative quests :( too many restrictions, not enought time to complete and far too limited) Cheers anyway :)

JacqV
Sep 26 2014, 04:34 AM
Well said!

Grammy 11
Sep 26 2014, 04:51 AM
Hmmmm . . . I'm a little concerned about this, too. For example, my first co-op quest is to load 10 scrabble games in a facility. I've worked it to the point where I now need to buy/sell a scrabble game. Seems like that is VERY unlikely to happen. So does that mean this quest is just dead in the water? If that's the case - if there are no other ways to finish it - that's not going to keep people motivated, I don't think. The tendency is going to be to look at a quest, see that it has an unlikely item at the very end and then just not start it. Why go to the trouble to even begin it if you can tell up front that it's probably not going to happen. And frankly, I haven't been paying attention, but I assume I've been using coins to buy the various items I've needed for this quest so if that's the case, there's a penalty for even trying an unlikely/long-shot kind of quest. Maybe we need some tweaks here? Some other way we can get the unlikely items? Otherwise, I think the co-op quests will only appeal to a few and their success is tied to being able to appeal to lots of folks.

More yellow flags would help, right?

Greatgig
Sep 26 2014, 07:03 AM
This is a joke. I have max number of neighbors and not one of them has the items I need to purchase on their co-op so I've completely wasted my time. Epic failure Slashkey! I've wasted so much time helping others on my quest to find the 2 items I need, glad my neighbors are getting assistance but I'm feel I'm getting screwed here.:mad:

Dr. Dirt
Sep 26 2014, 07:41 AM
Definitely need to tweak the cooperative quest. I'm down to needing vanilla ice cream and apple pie but doesn't look likely I'll get it in time. Not likely to continue playing the cooperative quest if I can't finish them. I do like the idea but needs something done to it.

Jean's Farm
Sep 26 2014, 07:48 AM
Definitely need to tweak the cooperative quest. I'm down to needing vanilla ice cream and apple pie but doesn't look likely I'll get it in time. Not likely to continue playing the cooperative quest if I can't finish them. I do like the idea but needs something done to it.

I agree.....I need rice to finish mine and NOT one of my neighbors have a quest with rice in it. I'll try one more after this and then I'm probably done except for helping neighbors. :(

andygoerke
Sep 26 2014, 08:41 AM
I agree.....I need rice to finish mine and NOT one of my neighbors have a quest with rice in it. I'll try one more after this and then I'm probably done except for helping neighbors. :(

why dont you use a buy option then one of your neighbors can sell it to you

Farmer_Susan
Sep 26 2014, 08:49 AM
More yellow flags would help, right?

Well . . . I just don't know! I was going to say that if none of my neighbors have the item I needed (in this case, a Scrabble board) that they couldn't help. But I just checked and one of my neighbors WAS able to help so I just loaded up my Scrabble board into the Nursing Home and my first co-op quest should be finished in 3 hours!

I'm confused, though - does that mean my neighbor also had a quest with a Scrabble board? How was she able to help? That just seemed sooooo unlikely!

Farmer_Susan
Sep 26 2014, 08:53 AM
And here's a question . . . so basically my first co-op quest is done (or will be in 3 hours) and I'm just waiting for time to pass so I can start the second one. Does that mean there's no reason I should check my neighbor's co-op quests right now because I wouldn't be able to help? Or can you help even if you don't have any co-op quests going?

ckpeer@gmail.com
Sep 26 2014, 09:44 AM
I am VERY confused, first of all I do NOT see any blue dots, when I click on a neighbors icon, the bottom menu choice will take me to their quest, if they have one (some don't). Then, when I attempt to help them by clicking on an item that they need and that I have to sell them, nothing happens? I just finished a quest, and frankly, I'm not even sure what I did. I needed to buy some leather, then when I went back, some leather was available, but I am not sure who helped me? Is this just me? I have had no problems with any other areas of this game (including the regular quests). I am a long time player with loads of friends, so this should be easy?

Taz D
Sep 26 2014, 09:50 AM
I am VERY confused, first of all I do NOT see any blue dots, when I click on a neighbors icon, the bottom menu choice will take me to their quest, if they have one (some don't). Then, when I attempt to help them by clicking on an item that they need and that I have to sell them, nothing happens? I just finished a quest, and frankly, I'm not even sure what I did. I needed to buy some leather, then when I went back, some leather was available, but I am not sure who helped me? Is this just me? I have had no problems with any other areas of this game (including the regular quests). I am a long time player with loads of friends, so this should be easy?
Hi ckpeer,
The blue dots should be in the neighbor bar on each neighbor who has a co-op quest open.
You can only sell them items they have attached a note to and it will say Sell in the box. That is why when you clicked to help nothing happened.
When you clicked to buy the leather in another's quest then that completed your leather. If you use a note to ask for help and someone sells you the product then you will see their picture in that box showing you who helped you.

Tom C
Sep 26 2014, 09:53 AM
This quest thing is a waste of time. I think this will be my first and last quest.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Sep 26 2014, 10:09 AM
Hi ckpeer,
The blue dots should be in the neighbor bar on each neighbor who has a co-op quest open.
You can only sell them items they have attached a note to and it will say Sell in the box. That is why when you clicked to help nothing happened.
When you clicked to buy the leather in another's quest then that completed your leather. If you use a note to ask for help and someone sells you the product then you will see their picture in that box showing you who helped you.

Thanks for the quick reply Taz, I still do NOT see a blue dot. There is a green dot when a neighbor is online, and no dot when the neighbor is offline. The only way I can tell if an individual has a quest is to click on their icon, that takes me to a menu on which the bottom choice takes me to either their co-op quest or gives me a message stating that they do not have a co-op quest. I did not find another neighbor who had leather, so did not click on their leather in a quest. I also did not send a note asking for help with the leather. I did poke around quite a few of my neighbors quests, clicking on items that I knew I had, but nothing happened. (I found no leather on this hunt.) I am on server WF-4. Hope this helps. Is this lack of a blue dot a glitch?

Taz D
Sep 26 2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Taz, I still do NOT see a blue dot. There is a green dot when a neighbor is online, and no dot when the neighbor is offline. The only way I can tell if an individual has a quest is to click on their icon, that takes me to a menu on which the bottom choice takes me to either their co-op quest or gives me a message stating that they do not have a co-op quest. I did not find another neighbor who had leather, so did not click on their leather in a quest. I also did not send a note asking for help with the leather. I did poke around quite a few of my neighbors quests, clicking on items that I knew I had, but nothing happened. (I found no leather on this hunt.) I am on server WF-4. Hope this helps. Is this lack of a blue dot a glitch?
The blue dot would be right below where the green dot is. If you aren't seeing them then try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser.
Check again when you reopen. Look at the ones you know have a quest open.

beverduster
Sep 26 2014, 10:24 AM
too time consuming, it would take me an hr to just check my neighbors, i have the max and out of that only 8 have a open quest, which mkes me wonder if people even got notified out avout it

Grammy 11
Sep 26 2014, 10:28 AM
Well . . . I just don't know! I was going to say that if none of my neighbors have the item I needed (in this case, a Scrabble board) that they couldn't help. But I just checked and one of my neighbors WAS able to help so I just loaded up my Scrabble board into the Nursing Home and my first co-op quest should be finished in 3 hours!

I'm confused, though - does that mean my neighbor also had a quest with a Scrabble board? How was she able to help? That just seemed sooooo unlikely!

I had an uncommonly easy first try. It was done almost immediately. But I hear people complaining that the odds are against finding someone with the same quest and that's the only way it works. Now I read about "BUY options". They must be lit up to take advantage, which is what makes the flags so valuable. I didn't see any optional things at all. Oh well, it's only day 2!!!

Raenie
Sep 26 2014, 10:43 AM
So I started my first purple quest yesterday. I had the option of asking one person for help.

Someone sold me that item. Now I'm out of requests, but I need to buy something else. No one else is selling the item that I need.

Where am I supposed to get if from, if not via request? Do I just have to wait until the quest expires?

Is there someplace where these quests are explained more in detail?

tia,

Eradani
Sep 26 2014, 10:48 AM
i understand the Sell buttons on my neighbor's quests are only there if the neighbor put a flag on that item.

i don't understand what the criteria are for having a Buy button.
- there's Buy buttons on stuff i don't need
- one neighbor only had Buy buttons on stuff that didn't have a checkmark
- one neighbor only had Buy buttons on stuff that did have a checkmark
- another neighbor had Buy buttons on stuff regardless of checkmarks
- also, it seem like if the neighbor is ready for the last step, there are no more Buy buttons

I'm really glad that they decided the 24 hr limit to finish quests is gone.

Navigation between neighbors is HORRENDOUS!!!!
either:
- have Sort By Coop Quests in neighbor's bar AND put the neighbor's name on the quest mgr so we don't get lost
OR
- have a navigation option inside the quest mgr

Overall, i welcome something new todo this winter and think this shows promise BUT the neighbor navigation is a deal breaker.

SunnyD
Sep 26 2014, 10:51 AM
not sure if anyone else is having this problem.. but with every single step i do on the cooperative quests i get a error on my game.. and have to re load the game every single step...My sister is also having the same problem..... today is the first time either of us has tried this

Raenie
Sep 26 2014, 10:57 AM
I can't read the neighbors information bar. The spaces / person are too small to contain all of the information?! There needs to be some better spacing, or information "on hover" maybe? or does that have to be written in a different programming language? (heeh)
~Raenie (the unknowing one :confused:)

i understand the Sell buttons on my neighbor's quests are only there if the neighbor put a flag on that item.

- also, it seem like if the neighbor is ready for the last step, there are no more Buy buttons

either:
- have Sort By Coop Quests in neighbor's bar AND put the neighbor's name on the quest mgr so we don't get lost
OR

Overall, i welcome something new todo this winter and think this shows promise BUT the neighbor navigation is a deal breaker.

andygoerke
Sep 26 2014, 12:45 PM
neighbor bar - Can we get a new order option to list them by people who have a coop quest open

ex order by coop quest open

Thanks

texlady
Sep 26 2014, 02:34 PM
What do you do when you are unable to move the yellow help note to the box where you are asking for help? My note won't drag down to the box.

Rob T
Sep 26 2014, 02:42 PM
What do you do when you are unable to move the yellow help note to the box where you are asking for help? My note won't drag down to the box.

Hi texlady,

You don't drag the yellow note, you click it, move it, then click it again where you want to put it :)

Hope this helps :)

mpwhitford
Sep 26 2014, 03:22 PM
I think you have hit the nail on the head - one of the things I hated about that "other" game was having to continually bug my friends for stuff. I dont have time to trawl through and find people to help me get stuff either. I know this is prob designed to help us be more "social" which I dont mind but I hate bugging people to help me play games

Just a news flash people. I didn't see anywhere in this thread that said the co op quests were mandatory. No more so than the regular quests are mandatory. Nor are buying factories mandatory.

Yes some people have more neighbors and friends but that really has nothing to do with it. It's a challenge. Lots of people don't like having to ask their neighbors for help. so don't play. Some people like these new one's some people don't. plain and simple. You play the way YOU want to play. no one is telling you that you have to do something different than you feel comfortable with.

The devs are constantly trying to keep this game interesting and certainly do not add things at the rate that other farm game does. You ALWAYS need help on that one. Farmtown is the best simply because you really don't need to interact with another soul if you don't want to.

but then some would argue that isn't possible because the dev's want real money to buy tools to do your own work. Bottom line here people ' you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you will NEVER please all of the people all of the time.

mpwhitford
Sep 26 2014, 03:27 PM

I think most of these quests will have some unusual item that it is unlikely any of our neighbors will need the same item. Just a suggestion in case no one has thought about it - I go to my neighbors that are participating to see if they have any items I need and they need. this morning I was able to find 3 things.

I had 5 help notes. The notes if I'm not mistaken are based on how many steps you have in the quest. So check neighbors first for the easier items and THEN use your yellow help notes on the odd stuff.

I started one this morning and it had like 10 steps. I got 3 or 4 items from neighbors who needed the same thing. then I used my sticky notes for the weird things like violin and bow.

Just a thought.

Farmer_Susan
Sep 26 2014, 03:36 PM
Ok, so when I use a yellow sticky note and people come to my farm, does that item say "Sell" or "Buy"? I'm thinking the yellow stickies create "Sell" messages, right? I've been checking through my neighbors since last night and I haven't seen any "Sell" notes yet - and the "Buy" ones, I have to have a quest of my own that needs that item before I can buy. Am I just missing the "Sell" items or am I confused about how the stickies work?

mpwhitford
Sep 26 2014, 03:40 PM
Ok, so when I use a yellow sticky note and people come to my farm, does that item say "Sell" or "Buy"? I'm thinking the yellow stickies create "Sell" messages, right? I've been checking through my neighbors since last night and I haven't seen any "Sell" notes yet - and the "Buy" ones, I have to have a quest of my own that needs that item before I can buy. Am I just missing the "Sell" items or am I confused about how the stickies work?

when you use a yellow HELP note any of your friends that play FT or your neighbors can come to your farm and click on that step with the yellow note. I can't remember if it says buy or sell - probably sell. they do NOT have to need that item also.

I don't think everyone has actually gotten the co op quests mastered yet and aren't quite sure how the yellow notes work. Like I said I check my neighbors first to see if I can get the mundane things - lumber, sugarcane whatever - then when you are down to the hard things like violin and bow or scrabble board use the yellow sticky cause then ANYONE can come to your farm and click on it.

hope that helps

KnightRider
Sep 26 2014, 03:42 PM

Hello Farmer Susan,

When a neighbor uses a sticky note and you visit their farm you will see "Sell" so that you can sell the item they need. When you see "Buy" that is if you need that item for your quest you can purchase that item from your neighbor.

Grammy 11
Sep 26 2014, 03:46 PM
My quest had 4 flags and I had 5 items. Tomatoes, ham, bread, cheese, lettuce. I elected to leave the bread and flagged the basics. My thinking was bread could appear in many quests. Got the 4 immediately, waiting for bread, still optimistic. Would you readers have flagged the bread as the tough one and left one of the basics open?

mpwhitford
Sep 26 2014, 04:05 PM
Raul just posted updates on the co-op quests:

Cooperative Quests changes:

Gee Taz could the dev's like have all the steps of the quest completed already BEFORE we open it so like all we'd have to do is the last step? then we wouldn't have to bother with all the other stuff like helping neighbors and friends or taking a little time out to do these? cause like I mean they are hard!

Sarcasm is my second language just in case someone might think I was SERIOUS!

Texas Belle
Sep 26 2014, 04:10 PM
I don't think the short time allowed for the quest will work for me. I haven't seen anyone with my quest to buy what I need. Either the time needs to be extended or the ability to post what is needed instead of going through 80 neighbors and click on their blue dot to see if they have what I need. This may be the first and only co-op quest that I do if things aren't tweaked.

I am with you, I think this is my first and only one to do, my quest asked for all the polyesters there is, rolls, webbing, etc.. for a simple life saver, only about 10 of my neighbors are working the co-op quests and none of them have anything that I can buy or they from me, and the time frame they gave me was 2.5 days.. crazy.. and besides with time already short on working the farms I'm loosing too much time looking at all the blue dots to find out if they have a new quest where I can buy from. Posted on my timeline and gave the default farm link since they can click from any farm, lets see if by tomorrow I have some response, if not bye, bye quest, too much trouble to get coins... thanks but no thanks..

Rugged Barbie
Sep 26 2014, 04:13 PM
My quest had 4 flags and I had 5 items. Tomatoes, ham, bread, cheese, lettuce. I elected to leave the bread and flagged the basics. My thinking was bread could appear in many quests. Got the 4 immediately, waiting for bread, still optimistic. Would you readers have flagged the bread as the tough one and left one of the basics open?

I had the fishing float to make today. I just let people click on what they all needed first. After the clicking subsided, I put the note on the remaining 2 items . . . orange pigment and I think the granules. Then I asked 2 of my neighbors to please go click on the notes and that got it done. I have it cooking in my fishing factory within 40 minutes.

My thinking is to 'let it ride' for a while to see what you can get from others and what gets clicked on by others. I wouldn't consider putting a note on anything until you've received the bulk of your needs and what remains = the number of notes you get.

A friend of mine is waiting endlessly for a bicycle seat . . .

I do wonder if these items need to be collected in order, meaning, if you need bread and had no notes on anything, could someone click on the bread and or must people click on things in order of what it takes to make the bread.

Friends, it's just a game!

mpwhitford
Sep 26 2014, 04:13 PM

I would have checked all of my neighbors that had open quests to see if they had any of those items they needed also and bought what I could have that way. Then if there was an item I couldn't find I would use the yellow note.

Farmer_Susan
Sep 26 2014, 04:15 PM
Hello Farmer Susan,

When a neighbor uses a sticky note and you visit their farm you will see "Sell" so that you can sell the item they need. When you see "Buy" that is if you need that item for your quest you can purchase that item from your neighbor.

Ok, that's what I thought. I keep making the rounds of my neighbors because I want to be able to sell something to someone! LOL

Guess I'm just missing them - haven't seen a "sell" yet.

Texas Belle
Sep 26 2014, 04:16 PM

either:
OR

If you have more than 3 or 4 things to buy/sell you are up the creek without a paddle, they give you only 3 stickers. so the others i don't know how it gets bought/sold..

Grammy 11
Sep 26 2014, 04:16 PM
I checked all my neighbors and got 3 of 8 items and THEN I set the 4 flags. I agree, thinking on it, that I should have waited till 1 of the 5 remaining basics was checked off, then I could have flagged all the remaining ingredients. Oh well, a day I learn something is a good day! Thanks for the input.

Grammy 11
Sep 26 2014, 04:19 PM
If you have more than 3 or 4 things to buy/sell you are up the creek without a paddle, they give you only 3 stickers. so the others i don't know how it gets bought/sold..

I got 4 flags for 8 items.

mpwhitford
Sep 26 2014, 04:27 PM

the number of yellow help notes you get depends on the number of steps in the actual quest. I had 10 steps in my quest this morning and I got 5 help notes. you just need to learn WHEN to use the yellow notes. I would keep them for the hard to get items that no one else is going to need

KnightRider
Sep 26 2014, 04:41 PM

When a neighbor uses a sticky note and you visit their farm you will see "Sell" so that you can sell the item they need. When you see "Buy" that is if you need that item for your quest you can purchase that item from your neighbor, so if you need more than one thing then you would need to buy each item from your neighbors.

chrisluvsanimals
Sep 26 2014, 04:44 PM
I thought this was supposed to work for friends too, not just neighbors. I've gone to over 20 friends' farms today to try to get stuff for myself (or to help them) and when I click on the quest icon, I keep getting this message. And I know for a fact that they have "active" quests going

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah38/chrisluvsanimals/DELL/Pictures/co-op2_zpsf4be77e2.png

mpwhitford
Sep 26 2014, 05:04 PM
here's a question about the co op quests. Let's say your end result is to make iris essence. you need some iris's and one of your neighbors happens to need them also. so they click on your iris and that step is complete. Now you go to your essential oils factory but you don't have any iris's in your storage - none at all. So when you click to start a batch of iris essence it won't let you because you have no iris's.

Is that the way it is supposed to work? one of my neighbor told me that is what happened to her so just curious.

Taz D
Sep 26 2014, 05:20 PM
here's a question about the co op quests. Let's say your end result is to make iris essence. you need some iris's and one of your neighbors happens to need them also. so they click on your iris and that step is complete. Now you go to your essential oils factory but you don't have any iris's in your storage - none at all. So when you click to start a batch of iris essence it won't let you because you have no iris's.

Is that the way it is supposed to work? one of my neighbor told me that is what happened to her so just curious.
Hi mpwhitford,
I am not sure as we haven't run into that. Is it possible they did a fill on all facilities and have a flower shop that might have used them?

Jean's Farm
Sep 26 2014, 05:24 PM

why dont you use a buy option then one of your neighbors can sell it to you

andygoerke,

I was given two helps to get 3 items I needed....I used them on two of the other items. Now I can't get the rice cause I can't find anyone else who has a quest with rice.

Jean's Farm
Sep 26 2014, 05:27 PM
I thought this was supposed to work for friends too, not just neighbors. I've gone to over 20 friends' farms today to try to get stuff for myself (or to help them) and when I click on the quest icon, I keep getting this message. And I know for a fact that they have "active" quests going

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah38/chrisluvsanimals/DELL/Pictures/co-op2_zpsf4be77e2.png

Did they have the blue dot on their pic?? If they didn't they haven't opened a co-op quest or have chosen not to do so. I dare say I only have about a quarter (if that) of friends who have a coop quest open.

chrisluvsanimals
Sep 26 2014, 05:33 PM
Did they have the blue dot on their pic?? If they didn't they haven't opened a co-op quest or have chosen not to do so. I dare say I only have about a quarter (if that) of friends who have a coop quest open.

No...the question I asked was about friends, not just neighbors so they wouldn't be on my neighbor bar to have a blue dot. Yesterday I was able to go to friends' farms and get/receive help ...today, I get this every time. They DO have the quest icon down at the bottom to click on though. I verified that the friends farms I was going to DID have quests open and am still getting that message

mpwhitford
Sep 26 2014, 05:40 PM
Hi mpwhitford,
I am not sure as we haven't run into that. Is it possible they did a fill on all facilities and have a flower shop that might have used them?

The impression I got from this neighbor is she just plain doesn't grow the iris's which I find unusual but lots of people don't have the flower shop and don't need the flowers. but she is a high end player so I will quiz her a little bit more.

I will ask her when I see her on. wouldn't the fact that a neighbor clicks on a particular step for you mean that item would go to storage? not exactly sure how it is supposed to work

Taz D
Sep 26 2014, 05:47 PM
The impression I got from this neighbor is she just plain doesn't grow the iris's which I find unusual but lots of people don't have the flower shop and don't need the flowers. but she is a high end player so I will quiz her a little bit more.

I will ask her when I see her on. wouldn't the fact that a neighbor clicks on a particular step for you mean that item would go to storage? not exactly sure how it is supposed to work
That would be my thought because coins and product is supposed to be exchanged. Have to see if this is isolated or a problem.

mpwhitford
Sep 26 2014, 06:30 PM
That would be my thought because coins and product is supposed to be exchanged. Have to see if this is isolated or a problem.

that is what I thought also that coin and product is supposed to be exchanged so when she told me that I was like WHAT???? no way! so I will find out and I will update this post. Thanks Taz

beautysmom
Sep 26 2014, 08:42 PM
Well, now I am completely confused! I had 7 regular quests finished, and an 8th almost there, and suddenly have 9, even though the last regular quest still has an hour to go, before being done. So apparently the cooperative quests add to my weekly quests total in search of FC? Hunh? Where was that announced, please?:confused:

DianeCK
Sep 26 2014, 08:57 PM
On this new CQ game.. if you are not a neighbor you can not help anyone and they can not help you.. Only your neighbor can buy sell what you or what they need... Friends can not help you with the New CQ game.. So if you have only a few neighbors that play the CQ game you are not going to get your CQ done. Can you go to the market and buy from market folk or beg your friends everyday for help, that would get old fast. i have many farm friends and neighbors, however only 6 or 7 play this game. how do I get my goods for this CQG. With out having to beg friends for help. thanks..

Rob T
Sep 26 2014, 09:01 PM
On this new CQ game.. if you are not a neighbor you can not help anyone and they can not help you.. Only your neighbor can buy sell what you or what they need... Friends can not help you with the New CQ game.. So if you have only a few neighbors that play the CQ game you are not going to get your CQ done. Can you go to the market and buy from market folk or beg your friends everyday for help, that would get old fast. i have many farm friends and neighbors, however only 6 or 7 play this game. how do I get my goods for this CQG. With out having to beg friends for help. thanks..

Hi DianeCK,

Friends can help you, all you need to is go to your neighbors tab, and click on their photo, and you go to their farm, they will have the quest box next to the notepad for you to click.

al_bundy
Sep 26 2014, 09:10 PM
Getting a X025 reload error when trying to open my co-op quest manager

opening someone elses from the neighbour bar is fine

Marjo
Sep 26 2014, 09:25 PM
I failed with he first new CQ, not getting things right and spending my help-notes too fast. The second quest I finished within few hours, even if it was quite a big one. I loved it! This is what a quest is: finding, searching, putting things together, placing help at the right moment.
I feel sad with all the negative reactions I see, also from my neighbours. You can't play this without others. Hope more will find the clue, fun and joy. And maybe some adjustments (not for me), but for others. Lovely that the time for doing them is adjusted, though. Great work!!! (Y)

max_river
Sep 26 2014, 09:29 PM
i just find that not many people are not playing the new quest

Marjo
Sep 26 2014, 09:35 PM
I agree, but still hope the amount of players go up :) It just started...

max_river
Sep 26 2014, 09:39 PM

same here hope gets fixed

Taz D
Sep 26 2014, 09:45 PM
same here hope gets fixed

Don't know if it will help but try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
Also try opening your regular quest manager and then close that and open the co-op one.
If those don't work you may just have to wait a while and see if it clears up like the regular quest manager will do.

chrisluvsanimals
Sep 26 2014, 09:52 PM
Hi DianeCK,

Friends can help you, all you need to is go to your neighbors tab, and click on their photo, and you go to their farm, they will have the quest box next to the notepad for you to click.

Friends are not the same thing as Neighbors...You need to clarify this. Is it supposed to be friends OR neighbors or only neighbors that can help? I don't know if it's a glitch or what but I've gone to at least 20 farms today of Friends (not neighbors) to try to get help with my quest and have only been getting this message (and I have verified that YES, they did have a co-op quest going)

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah38/chrisluvsanimals/DELL/Pictures/co-op2_zpsf4be77e2.png (http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/chrisluvsanimals/media/DELL/Pictures/co-op2_zpsf4be77e2.png.html)

Taz D
Sep 26 2014, 09:58 PM
Friends are not the same thing as Neighbors...You need to clarify this. Is it supposed to be friends OR neighbors or only neighbors that can help? I don't know if it's a glitch or what but I've gone to at least 20 farms today of Friends (not neighbors) to try to get help with my quest and have only been getting this message (and I have verified that YES, they did have a co-op quest going)

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah38/chrisluvsanimals/DELL/Pictures/co-op2_zpsf4be77e2.png (http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/chrisluvsanimals/media/DELL/Pictures/co-op2_zpsf4be77e2.png.html)
Hi Chris,
He is referring to the My Neighbors tab to get to friends and not to the neighbor bar. We understand it didn't work for you but it has worked today after the changes/fixes Raul made last night, so it is still working. You can work friends quests. It is friends and neighbors, but not strangers.
Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again to see if any of them will open now.

chrisluvsanimals
Sep 26 2014, 10:04 PM
Well, now I am completely confused! I had 7 regular quests finished, and an 8th almost there, and suddenly have 9, even though the last regular quest still has an hour to go, before being done. So apparently the cooperative quests add to my weekly quests total in search of FC? Hunh? Where was that announced, please?:confused:

Happened to me too, as well as several other members of our group. When we cash out the new co-op quests, it's adding to the regular quest total

chrisluvsanimals
Sep 26 2014, 10:06 PM
Hi Chris,
He is referring to the My Neighbors tab to get to friends and not to the neighbor bar. We understand it didn't work for you but it has worked today after the changes/fixes Raul made last night, so it is still working. You can work friends quests. It is friends and neighbors, but not strangers.
Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again to see if any of them will open now.

Thanks Taz! I knew it had worked yesterday, but then today it didn't, so I wasn't sure if yesterday was a glitch or today was....LOL

This too shall pass I'm sure :D

al_bundy
Sep 26 2014, 10:11 PM
Don't know if it will help but try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
Also try opening your regular quest manager and then close that and open the co-op one.
If those don't work you may just have to wait a while and see if it clears up like the regular quest manager will do.

Hi Taz

I used the memcash link but it didnt work

Taz D
Sep 26 2014, 10:15 PM
Hi Taz

I used the memcash link but it didnt work
Just have to be patient then and try again later.

Farm Lady
Sep 26 2014, 10:46 PM
Hi everyone. I can't seem to figure out the cooperative quests. How do I buy the products I need from friends/neighbors? People are selling me the products I put the yellow notes on. When I go to a neighbor's farm w/ the blue light on it says "you cannot buy this product because you don't have any cooperative requests needing it." So 1) how do I buy what I need and 2) how can I sell them items they need that I have.

Thanks for your help!!

Taz D
Sep 26 2014, 10:51 PM
Hi everyone. I can't seem to figure out the cooperative quests. How do I buy the products I need from friends/neighbors? People are selling me the products I put the yellow notes on. When I go to a neighbor's farm w/ the blue light on it says "you cannot buy this product because you don't have any cooperative requests needing it." So 1) how do I buy what I need and 2) how can I sell them items they need that I have.

Thanks for your help!!
Hi Farm Lady,
You can only buy items from them that you need for your quests so only those items will let you buy. You can only sell them what they have put the help note on.

Farm Lady
Sep 26 2014, 11:18 PM
Hi Farm Lady,
You can only buy items from them that you need for your quests so only those items will let you buy. You can only sell them what they have put the help note on.

Thanks, Taz. So, if no one has a quest for the same tulip I need then I can't get that item? Huh. That isn't going to be much fun unless most of us are doing the same quest.

Taz D
Sep 26 2014, 11:27 PM
Thanks, Taz. So, if no one has a quest for the same tulip I need then I can't get that item? Huh. That isn't going to be much fun unless most of us are doing the same quest.
You don't have to be doing the same quest, just that their quest has the item you need. I personally would use a sticky for that,where for something more common like sugar or ores I might look around first to see if I can get them by buying.

Farm Lady
Sep 26 2014, 11:47 PM
You don't have to be doing the same quest, just that their quest has the item you need. I personally would use a sticky for that,where for something more common like sugar or ores I might look around first to see if I can get them by buying.

I agree and that makes sense but I need 4 flowers and they only gave me 3 sticky notes.......:confused: