PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- November 21st, 2014

Raul
Nov 21 2014, 04:09 PM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last updates released on December 6th, 7:00PM EST.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. Thanksgiving items (released 2 weeks ago)

2. 16 new decor items: 9 Fireworks in the fun category (6 in coins, 3 in FC), 6 sign items in coins (for rent, for sale, yard sale) and a Moon (FC)

3. 40 x 40 Farm Expansions for farms 16 - 20: 30 FarmCash OR 20,000,000,000 coins

4. Cooperative Quest Update: You can now start 1 Cooperative Quest in a 10 hour period, instead of 20 hours like it was before.

5. Ignoring and Reporting Improvements:

- You can now Ignore or Report users from inside the Message window using the red icons on the bottom right.
- You can now Ignore or Report users from the Online Chat window using the red icons on the top left of the chat window, this will allow you to ignore or report users even after they have left the room.
- If a user have been reported enough times on the past few months he will be penalized by not been able to send offline messages or chat messages to others for a period of time, the more times a user have been reported the longer he will be banned.
- Reporting users for no reason will get the reporting user banned from the game.

6. Tree Shaker 16 x 12: If you already own the Tree Shaker 12 x 12 then you can buy this new Tree Shaker to harvest up to 192 trees at once.

7. Reach product Belts and Dans for the next 10 facilities

8. Quest Chart Updates:

- There is a Show Quest button that shows recently completed quests and how long ago they were completed
- After a quest is redeemed you will see an animation on the chart counter and day where that quest was accounted for
- The Quest Chart information will only change when a quest is redeemed
- The Claim Farmcash button now shows how long until you qualify for the next collection

9. Gift Packer: Cut in half the waiting time to send another gift to a friend. Currently, after you have finished sending gifts to friends you have to wait 8 hours without sending anymore gifts to anyone to send them more gifts again. If you buy this tool, the waiting time will be only 4 hours.

To receive the benefits of this tool you have to add it to your Item Storage.

10. Other Improvements:

- Bug Fix: When buying product X from seller that do not have enough in storage, the Buy button on that product was disabled on other Cooperative Quest Managers
- Bug fix: Game shifting down on low resolution screens
- Sometimes facilities in a farm do not appear in the Facility Manager, this issue is now autocorrected by just navigating to that farm

11. Dispatch 2 Locomotives of the same type at the same time: We launched this 3 weeks ago but we did not announce it on the official release so here it is in case you missed it. You can now dispatch 2 Locomotives of the same type at the same time, for instance, you can now have 2 Enhanced Freight Locomotives dispatched at the same time as long as they are dispatched on different farms, before you could only have one.

12. Disability Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Disability Supplies.

Shower Seat
Handicap Bathtub
Writing Bird
Wheelchair Ramp
Portable Shower Stall
Low Vision Cards
Reacher
Cane

New Products in other facilities: Writing Bird Handle in the Glass Factory

13. Framing Factory (Coins): Produces Picture Frames.

Bamboo Frame
Silver Frame
Heart Frame
Multi Frame
Standard Frame
Golden Frame
Diploma Frame
Mosaic Frame

14. Personal Aid Shop (FC): Provides Disability Products Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Disability Supplies Factory

15. Framing Shop (Coins): Provides Picture Frames Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Framing Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - November 22nd, 1:20AM EST

- When selecting a tool and changing farms, the tool icon does not get smaller anymore
- Incorrect message 'Quest over 7 days old... ' appearing when completing regular quests is now gone
- Ignore and Report icons are now to the left in the Message Window

Post Release Updates - November 24th, 10:30PM EST

- The wait time for creating a new Cooperative Quest has been decreased from 20 hours to 10 hours
- Ignore and Report Abuse buttons now show tooltips when you mouse over them
- When you click on the message envelope on the top to show your offline messages, there is a green icon on the top left that will allow you to modify your Ignored User List, for example if you have ignored a user by mistake you can use this option to undo the ignore action. This is the same as navigating to the Account tab and clicking on the Blocked Users sub-tab.

Post Release Updates - November 25th, 11:40PM EST

- Gift Packer tool released, see details on the post above.
- When redeeming a regular quest the chart day animation and the accountability of the quest should fall under the correct date. If you still find issues please report them on this thread.

Post Release Updates - November 28th, 9:40PM EST

- Released 49 new holiday items, 12 as gifts and 37 in the store. Notice that all the new holiday items in the gift page and several in the store are meant to be placed on top of existing buildings and trees, this way you can achieve a superior level of customization.

Post Release Updates - December 6th, 7:00PM EST

- When sending gifts, the default 'All Friends' subtab should now show the correct list of friends on both filters, 'Farmtown Friends' and 'Friends to Invite'.

Known Issues

- None

bluehair
Nov 21 2014, 04:13 PM
cant wait to see what you have added...will have a look later on today

Soozy
Nov 21 2014, 04:17 PM
Noticed the new Show Quests in My Quests.

meirwen59@aol.com
Nov 21 2014, 04:19 PM
Thank you for the addition of new facilities and for thinking about people with differing challenges in life BUT I personally think the names for these facilities really needs to be changed as it could cause offence , perhaps more suitable names could be mobilty aid or personal aid shop or aids to daily living !! Just a thought/suggestion

tbirkhead
Nov 21 2014, 04:33 PM
Please say you've increased the Kaolin Clay production!! LOL :P Thanks for the update!

boduke66
Nov 21 2014, 04:37 PM
new tool in tools,called gift packer cost 30 farmcash currently locked coming soon,facilities as follows 1. Handicap supplies:produces handicap supplies cost 32 farmcash 2.the disability shop:provides disability products retail services cost 30 farmcash 3. framing factory: produces picture frames cost 2,000,000 coins 4.framing shop :provides picture frames retail services cost 2,100,000 will check to see what else is new.

FarmerMcLashwood
Nov 21 2014, 04:43 PM
new shaker 16x12 40fc

Alby Tross
Nov 21 2014, 04:50 PM
As the parent of a disabled young man I find the term 'handicap' extremely offensive. I will not be buying Farm cash to buy this facility.

FarmerMcLashwood
Nov 21 2014, 04:57 PM
Personally think it would be better to have named the handicap fac as disability aids and the disability shop named mobility shop.

I am disabled but in no way do I think of myself as being handicapped.

cocosfarm
Nov 21 2014, 04:58 PM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game, details coming in about an hour, please report any issues in this thread.

Thanks

--Raul

I didn't get the new release-just the comments

CATtitude
Nov 21 2014, 05:00 PM
Thank you for the frame factory :) Now it might get easier to hire ppl to chop ;) which has been a no-no for most on the work market :-/

SeniorCornwall
Land expansions available for farms 16 to 20 - 20 billion coins or 30 FarmCash each (to go to 40x40)

nessa278
please rethink the names of new farmcash faciities

meirwen59@aol.com
Nov 21 2014, 05:02 PM
As I thought and mentioned less than 30 mins ago the names of 2 new facilities is already causing offence , think you developers should read all these posts as a matter of urgency ! I have never commented before but this really does need sorting asap ty

FCM
Nov 21 2014, 05:04 PM
Don't give in to political correctness. Keep the facility names! Besides, the term "disabled" is far more offensive than handicapped. In fact, many people I know that are handicapped are handicap-able, meaning they can do many things as good if not better than those without handicaps. For those of you offended by the term, get over it!

Texas Belle
Nov 21 2014, 05:08 PM
Ok 4 new facilities bought and already working, waiting for the rest. Thank you, thank you.. you guys rock...

village idiot
Nov 21 2014, 05:13 PM
A timer was added to the original Quests page along with a history of each quest done / click on the "claim farm cash" box and your countdown timer will appear. Nice work on this one Devs...

NanCEurich
Finished quests gone from the total of the days so far...just 000's

:(

Texas Belle
I don't find anything wrong with the name of the FC facilities, people are handicapped and there is nothing to be ashamed of for being disabled/handicapped.. factories and places that sell only those products are all over, what is the fuss about? Hey I already have a shower seat, a reacher and a cane in real life and thank God they make those things for us people that need them. I am just not getting the shower stall because i think i would get very cold waiting for the water to reach up and then waiting for the water to go down just sitting there since you cannot open the door while is full..:) See I have done my research, if you want to get to old age you have to use all those tools...

Texas Belle
Nov 21 2014, 05:16 PM
As I thought and mentioned less than 30 mins ago the names of 2 new facilities is already causing offence , think you developers should read all these posts as a matter of urgency ! I have never commented before but this really does need sorting asap ty

You were the one that started this, so looks like you are not pleased.. I have no problem with the names, no offense here..

FrankDieter
Nov 21 2014, 05:17 PM
Nice idea but awful name choices for the FC factory and facility in this November 2014 release - if this had originated from the UK, then the Government would have stepped in to force a re-think and get these re-titled to something a little more subtle and sensitive.....

perryalexander
Nov 21 2014, 05:17 PM
Farms 16 thru 20 have been expanded to 40 x 40 at a cost of $20 billion in funny money or $30 in FarmCash. This is in addition to the four new facilities and the gift packer. Still looking for more.

Soozy
Nov 21 2014, 05:18 PM
I totally agree about using the word "mobility". My husband had a stroke and uses at least 3 of those items and he is NOT handicapped!!!!Thank you for the addition of new facilities and for thinking about people with differing challenges in life BUT I personally think the names for these facilities really needs to be changed as it could cause offence , perhaps more suitable names could be mobilty aid or personal aid shop or aids to daily living !! Just a thought/suggestion

FarmerMcLashwood
Nov 21 2014, 05:19 PM
Don't give in to political correctness. Keep the facility names! Besides, the term "disabled" is far more offensive than handicapped. In fact, many people I know that are handicapped are handicap-able, meaning they can do many things as good if not better than those without handicaps. For those of you offended by the term, get over it!

Well lucky you that you are not disabled otherwise you too would find the word handicapped offensive.. just because we are disabled does not mean we are handicapped! and if this offends anyone then please admin just delete my comments.

FarmerMcLashwood
Nov 21 2014, 05:22 PM
Nice idea but awful name choices for the FC factory and facility in this November 2014 release - if this had originated from the UK, then the Government would have stepped in to force a re-think and get these re-titled to something a little more subtle and sensitive.....

Have to agree with you Frank. here in the UK it would be thought of definitely NOT PC.
Disability and Mobility are far better names then handicapped... I myself am registered disabled and I don't think of myself as handicapped.

theperfectnina
Nov 21 2014, 05:24 PM
Don't shoot me but even professional golfers have handicaps, I am disabled and don't find the word offensive or handicap. It is just a word or another word that means similar things, really people if that is all you have to worry about in life (a name of a facility in a game) then you are doing really good

Dutch85
Nov 21 2014, 05:27 PM
Thank you Raul! I love ALL of the new things! I find nothing offensive about the new release!

benbrandon
Nov 21 2014, 05:27 PM
ok, as a disable person with CP i would like to say to the Dev team i am not defended by the name choice of the new fac. and its crazy that people are. keep up the good work and to be honest what other names could they have used besides what they did. besides Special needs, Handicap services, ect. face it besides the names that they did use those are the only other names then what i named myself, that they could have used. its just a game people get over it. GOOD JOB AND THANKS FOR THE UPDATES!!!!

FarmerMcLashwood
Nov 21 2014, 05:30 PM
Don't shoot me but even professional golfers have handicaps, I am disabled and don't find the word offensive or handicap. It is just a word or another word that means similar things, really people if that is all you have to worry about in life (a name of a facility in a game) then you are doing really good

Interesting.. you say you are disabled.. so if you don't find the word handicapped offensive why didn't you say you were handicapped?

This is my last post on this matter because I am becoming increasingly cross at some people's attitude.

Yes I know golfers play to a handicap. but really there is no comparison.

LynnMarie2006
Nov 21 2014, 05:32 PM
anyone know what the new icons on the messages means? thanks

gaynor1969
Nov 21 2014, 05:33 PM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game, details coming in about an hour, please report any issues in this thread.

Thanks

--Raul

any idea when we are getting more levels pls

theperfectnina
Nov 21 2014, 05:37 PM
Interesting.. you say you are disabled.. so if you don't find the word handicapped offensive why didn't you say you were handicapped?

This is my last post on this matter because I am becoming increasingly cross at some people's attitude.

Yes I know golfers play to a handicap. but really there is no comparison.

firstly the golfers thing was to make people giggle and to show there are other meanings to the word

secondly, the facility is using the word disability not handicapped, to me they are the same thing. In this country you are on a disability pension AND you park in the handicapped space at the shopping centre. They are just words.

Everyone seems to be acting like they are being sworn at or called the devil FFS

KojiOrphen
Nov 21 2014, 05:38 PM
Looks like the developers are listening....the "Disability Shop" is now the "Personal Aid Shop" and the "Handicap Supplies Factory" is now the "Disability Supplies Factory".

Majik Merlin
Nov 21 2014, 05:39 PM
m. I am just not getting the shower stall because i think i would get very cold waiting for the water to reach up and then waiting for the water to go down just sitting there since you cannot open the door while is full..:) See I have done my research, if you want to get to old age you have to use all those tools...

Take it from me as I have one (walk in tub)...it does get kinda cold, but way safer and soaking is a delight - something showers don't provide for aching joints, bones and muscles - so maybe you should re consider. I just put a nice fluffy towel over me while I wait.

gypsy!
Nov 21 2014, 05:40 PM
Thanks for improvements on the regular quests - great to make it so we can tell if a quest will count or not. Thank you,
It is true that the world is becoming more sensitive to labels for the physically challenged among us. I bet there are a dozen ways to label the new facilities but you do only have so many spaces for the letters. Good luck with the name issue.
Love Farm Town play twice every day since April 2009. Thank you for working so hard to get give us the new releases.

Texas Belle
Nov 21 2014, 05:41 PM
firstly the golfers thing was to make people giggle and to show there are other meanings to the word

secondly, the facility is using the word disability not handicapped, to me they are the same thing. In this country you are on a disability pension AND you park in the handicapped space at the shopping centre. They are just words.

Everyone seems to be acting like they are being sworn at or called the devil FFS

I was going to say the same thing.. you want to go now to the vehicle registration places and tell them to change the stickers you put on your window or your license plate to disable instead of handicapped, it means the same thing.. my daughter has MS and she is disabled and handicapped on a wheel chair all the time, you think I would be mad about the name but I find that is was a very nice thing that the developers are thinking of all kind of different people with different things.. get a life people its just a game and just a name, you don't agree with it, don't buy it..

Texas Belle
Nov 21 2014, 05:45 PM
Take it from me as I have one (walk in tub)...it does get kinda cold, but way safer and soaking is a delight - something showers don't provide for aching joints, bones and muscles - so maybe you should re consider. I just put a nice fluffy towel over me while I wait.

Thanks, its good to hear from somebody that has one, I think I might start looking real serious at one, and you are right nothing better than to be soaking in comfort.. thanks again.. got the towel now for the tub, :)

spiritualpathways
Nov 21 2014, 05:45 PM
Well lucky you that you are not disabled otherwise you too would find the word handicapped offensive.. just because we are disabled does not mean we are handicapped! and if this offends anyone then please admin just delete my comments.

well I as a disabled person find the word "disabled" offense .. much prefer the word handicapped any day .....and have found employers are my apt to hire you where I am at if u put handicapped vs disabled on an application ...I just think all this fuss over a word is ridiculous anyhow ...

dnana
Nov 21 2014, 05:47 PM
8. Quest Chart Updates:
- There is a Show Quest button that shows recently completed quests and how long ago they were completed
- After a quest is redeemed you will see an animation on the chart counter and day where that quest was accounted for
- The Claim Farmcash button now shows how long until you qualify for the next collection

Very nice!!! Not quite detailed enough but a HUGE improvement! Thank you!!!

FarmerMcLashwood
Nov 21 2014, 05:49 PM
Thanks for Raul listening and acting so quick on renaming the 2 facs involved... This farmer is now a happy one :-)

servocrow
Nov 21 2014, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the update, and always making this the best game on FB.

AussieGecko
Nov 21 2014, 06:05 PM
Thanks again SK for such a wonderful game and thank you to all the moderators who keep us posted of updates and help us when we get stuck. You are all wonderful!

cjm55
Nov 21 2014, 06:07 PM
Can we please have some upgrades to the fishing? I have suggested for several months and nothing seems to happen. I am very disappointed in FT.

1. I have requested a boat that will fish several lakes/sea coasts at one time just like flowers, trees, harvest and plowing. Make it like the flowers and trees, 8x4, 8x8, 12 x 8 and 12 x 12. You can introduce one at a time.

2. Also, I would like to be able to buy multiple sea coasts/lakes just like when you introduced the flowers and trees multiple instead of one at a time.

There are several of the FT players who love to fish and have tons of fishing on their farms. I know they would love to have these two features in the game.

dnana
Nov 21 2014, 06:08 PM
Thanks for Raul listening and acting so quick on renaming the 2 facs involved... This farmer is now a happy one :-)

That was probably the fastest change I have ever seen! I figured it might be like the funeral facs, they would tweak it next update, but wow!!! Good going, guys!!!!

dnana
Nov 21 2014, 06:10 PM
any idea when we are getting more levels pls

Hi, we get levels every 3 months, so most likely December's update. :)

dnana
Nov 21 2014, 06:13 PM
anyone know what the new icons on the messages means? thanks

- You can now Ignore or Report users from inside the Message window using the red icons on the bottom right.
- You can now Ignore or Report users from the Online Chat window using the red icons on the top left of the chat window, this will allow you to ignore or report users even after they have left the room.
- If a user have been reported enough times on the past few months he will be penalized by not been able to send offline messages or chat messages to others for a period of time, the more times a user have been reported the longer he will be banned.
- Reporting users for no reason will get the reporting user banned from the game.

Majik Merlin
Nov 21 2014, 06:29 PM
Ok, I just finished one of my coop quests and went to claim coins... Popped up a message saying the quest was over 7 days old and would not count toward earning farm cash... Now...my question is this. This was a coop quest and it still had two days to complete..so why the message re over 7 days old... AND does this mean we will soon be able to earn farm cash when doing/completing the coop quests?? OH, I did get the coins earned

DianeCK
Nov 21 2014, 06:30 PM
Thank you love the tree shaker works great, The quest chart is nice to.. The new symbols on the note pad ... That I can see a lot of problems with, I was just looking at it and almost check the green check. Many will check it once you check it you can't un-check it. maybe place it on the other side, the new factor's are really nice...

Qivis
Nov 21 2014, 06:30 PM
As the parent of a disabled young man I find the term 'handicap' extremely offensive. I will not be buying Farm cash to buy this facility.

They are not calling it handycap at all!!! And I am a disabled person who has no objection to them calling it a disability goods factory or whatever name they gave it.

Jean's Farm
Nov 21 2014, 06:34 PM
Thank you for the new updates. Awesome as usual. :D :) :D :) :D

And I have to chime in on the names of the new facilities. I have MS.....I am disabled and handicapped and the names do not offend me at all. They are just words....get over it people and if you don't like it don't buy them or play if it offends you that much.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK RAUL AND DEVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

And I love the fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taz D
Nov 21 2014, 06:35 PM
Finished quests gone from the total of the days so far...just 000's

:(
Hi NanCEurich,
You collected your Farm Cash on Nov 19th at 4:16 PM eastern time. All of the quests you have completed the last step on were completed before that time, so you have no quests yet completed for this current week. Waiting to collect the coins until after collecting your farm cash does not hold those quests over for the new week. They are placed on the chart on the day and time that the last step is completed.

Qivis
Nov 21 2014, 06:35 PM
Personally think it would be better to have named the handicap fac as disability aids and the disability shop named mobility shop.

I am disabled but in no way do I think of myself as being handicapped.

They must have already changed the names then. I only see a disability goods factory and not a handicap factory at all. And I am also a disabled person and do not find the name offensive. Remember that some people found the theater item called "twin towers" offensive as well.

brenda steele
Nov 21 2014, 06:36 PM
I have just finished a co-op quest and a box appears saying this quest was completed more than 7 days ago and doesnt count towards you farmcash, we dont get farmcash for co-op quests and the quest was only 2 days old and i only completed it 2 minutes ago

beautysmom
Nov 21 2014, 06:44 PM
to the zoom issue moving tools from farm to farm. Right size on the first farm, almost impossible to see on the next and subsequent farms. Sorry, but, with older eyes, keep irrigating and watering the wrong farms because of it! ROFL

DianeCK
Nov 21 2014, 06:52 PM
Thank you for the new updates. Awesome as usual. :D :) :D :) :D

And I have to chime in on the names of the new facilities. I have MS.....I am disabled and handicapped and the names do not offend me at all. They are just words....get over it people and if you don't like it don't buy them or play if it offends you that much.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK RAUL AND DEVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

And I love the fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am disabled and I am NOT Offend at all...

BarbLH
Nov 21 2014, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the update! I just love this game!

I, too, got a message in one of my co-op quests (Yellow Food Color) that it had been completed more than 7 days ago.

Wish the icons for Ignoring and Reporting were placed perhaps on the left or elsewhere. I frequently use the green "walking man" icon to travel quickly to my friend's farm. I nearly blocked or reported one of my good friends for abusive language because I clicked on the wrong icon by mistake. Scary!

crafty chris
Nov 21 2014, 06:56 PM
thanks for the update was going to bed but off now to play :)

mac16129
Nov 21 2014, 07:00 PM
Thank you for another great addition to the BEST game on FB. WTG developers!!

Qivis
Nov 21 2014, 07:28 PM

I do not find either one or the other offensive. As one of the other people who is whichever you choose to call it said, we folks with disabilities usually know that they're just words.

gffarmer
Nov 21 2014, 07:31 PM
Love Love Love the fireworks!!! Thanks for the update!

SeniorCornwall
Nov 21 2014, 07:37 PM
Okay gang - Can we stop the comments on the names of facilities in this thread since it has been changed... Thanks all

KojiOrphen
Nov 21 2014, 07:50 PM
For those who are interested, the next 10 facilities that have had their dans and belts activated are:

Winter Supplies Factory
Frozen Treats Factory
Hair Accessories Factory
Syrup Factory
Travel Supplies Factory
Optical Supplies Factory
Bike Supplies Factory
Shaved Ice Cart
Linen Supplies Factory
Barber Supplies Factory

trina531
Nov 21 2014, 08:26 PM
thanks all...I knew when I left town for the weekend there would be a release...LOVE the fireworks

Docperk
Nov 21 2014, 08:33 PM
I was hoping it would have been earlier in the week but thanks so much for the update. Looks great, time to play.

dnana
Nov 21 2014, 09:01 PM
"We could not find any friend asking for help in your News Feed Wall" popped up when I tried to look for facs and shops from the gift page. Have not seen that before. I've checked a few friends that I see post everyday and their posts are on their walls, but not in your collector.

Rob T
Nov 21 2014, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone,

May i remind everyone, that while we do appreciate all kinds of feedback, attacking, name calling and abusive posts will not be tolerated. Those posts will be deleted immediately.

Thankyou

Taz D
Nov 21 2014, 09:05 PM
"We could not find any friend asking for help in your News Feed Wall" popped up when I tried to look for facs and shops from the gift page. Have not seen that before. I've checked a few friends that I see post everyday and their posts are on their walls, but not in your collector.
Hi Dnana,
That happens when the data doesn't get transferred from Facebook to that listing. Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

mrschar
Nov 21 2014, 09:13 PM
Just opened a message on the farm from a neighbor. What are the two new symbols for? the circle with slash and red flag. There is no description when you hover over them. The red flag could mean High Importance like my e-mail program does, but red flag also means something's wrong. And the circle with a slash could be like choosing to ignore someone in the marketplace. We don't want to click on something that would be something bad. So please explain.

Jwebb
Nov 21 2014, 09:15 PM
Thank you for the addition of new facilities and for thinking about people with differing challenges in life BUT I personally think the names for these facilities really needs to be changed as it could cause offence , perhaps more suitable names could be mobilty aid or personal aid shop or aids to daily living !! Just a thought/suggestion

Orientation and Mobility instead of Disability and Handicapped would be more appropriate for sure!

firegold flames
Nov 21 2014, 09:38 PM
i noted some of you are requesting a name change on the new facilities consist of mobility.
I am agreeing about mobility , disabled or special needs facilities but i think we should
start a poll if our farm staffs here agree . Also any one can agree or disagree with the opinions.

Taz D
Nov 21 2014, 09:45 PM
i noted some of you are requesting a name change on the new facilities consist of mobility.
I am agreeing about mobility , disabled or special needs facilities but i think we should
start a poll if our farm staffs here agree . Also any one can agree or disagree with the opinions.
Hi firegold flames,
The names have already been changed to better names as suggested by the ones complaining about it. We do not need a poll for this.

Taz D
Nov 21 2014, 09:47 PM
Just opened a message on the farm from a neighbor. What are the two new symbols for? the circle with slash and red flag. There is no description when you hover over them. The red flag could mean High Importance like my e-mail program does, but red flag also means something's wrong. And the circle with a slash could be like choosing to ignore someone in the marketplace. We don't want to click on something that would be something bad. So please explain.
Hi mrschar,
This is what those symbols are for:

dnana
Nov 21 2014, 09:48 PM
Hi Dnana,
That happens when the data doesn't get transferred from Facebook to that listing. Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.

Hi, Taz, I remembered that after I posted, just got done and it's fixed, thanks!!! :)

firegold flames
Nov 21 2014, 09:58 PM
Hi firegold flames,
The names have already been changed to better names as suggested by the ones complaining about it. We do not need a poll for this.

Thanks for the update .

I just worried because like in all other games, there is a conflict of removal of objects due to it offensiveness. I want tell the developers/staffs , take note about the name changing as well.I am support because i am a special need person .

Auron1
Nov 21 2014, 10:03 PM
Raul, MANY thanks for all the hard work y'all do! I've loved this game for years because you keep making it better and better!

Thanks again!

Eradani
Nov 21 2014, 10:25 PM
4. Cooperative Quest Update (Coming on Monday): You can now start 1 Cooperative Quest in a 10 hour period, instead of 20 hours like it was before.
:) happy dance :)

i used to play an MMO that had a report feature and it got clicked sometimes by accident. what we did was just say in chat "oops, my bad. slipped on the report" to let the people checking on reports see.

my question is: do you keep chat logs? how can we let you know if we accidentally report someone? also, if there's some particular reason we're reporting them, if you keep chat logs we could just say why in chat and you could see. and by saying in chat, i'm assuming we'd want todo this in private on our own farm.

8. Quest Chart Updates:

i just (on friday) collect for 3 regular quests that were complete on friday. thursday started flashing and then the friday count went up. this happened for all three of them.

and... Yay!! Thanks so much for adding this :)

zadscmc
Nov 21 2014, 11:07 PM
Today, I completed a task. When I went to collect the coins, I go t the message:
"this quest was completed more than 7 days ago, so it will not count to your goals to get Farm Cash prizes."

What happened?

Taz D
Nov 21 2014, 11:20 PM
Today, I completed a task. When I went to collect the coins, I go t the message:
"this quest was completed more than 7 days ago, so it will not count to your goals to get Farm Cash prizes."

What happened?
Hi zadscmc,
This has already been reported to the developers. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

FarmerWitch
Nov 22 2014, 12:09 AM
Thank you for the new goodies to play with

tbirdcat
Nov 22 2014, 01:02 AM
Reading some of the comments by others I must agree with them on these facilities.. Not only was I drawn back when I saw them but I was a bit appalled by the names. Like others I am not happy with the choice of the name for the facilities but I also think you couls have come up with a much more useful facility - We have plenty of Restraunts and facilities that use up the ores and lumbers and metals but why not something that will use the other items we grow for fun and harvest but do nothing more than sell them for the coins because they have no other use.. such as flowers - trees - bushes - some of the crops we grow are not used for anything either.. I live in the south and we have many farms with their own "stands" to sell there veggies and flowers and even greenery.. I am just so amzed that the facilities you keep coming u[p with are just not profitable because they are using more of the items we are having a hard time producing because it takes so long to produce. I live the game and have spent quit a bit of my own money on it and don't mind as it makes for more fun. But stop with the " lame" (sorry) facilities , like the bathrooms - and now disability.. please guys we are better than that. I for one will not be buying the disability or handicap facility ..

Vicky Vine
Nov 22 2014, 01:14 AM
Great update, especially looking forward to monday and the ability to start Co-op quests every 10 hours :D:D:D

dave1949
Nov 22 2014, 02:31 AM
I thought the Co-op quests would have moved from coins to FC's, this was mentioned when released. Not sure that having new quests every 10 hours will help, Ive found over the last few weeks that those on the max level are not bothering with them. I guess those who need coins will be pleased, cant please us all and it is a game for everyone. Thanks for update.

widow lyn
Nov 22 2014, 02:35 AM

What happened?

Queen.of.Clutter
Nov 22 2014, 02:45 AM
For those who are interested, the next 10 facilities that have had their dans and belts activated are:

Winter Supplies Factory
Frozen Treats Factory
Hair Accessories Factory
Syrup Factory
Travel Supplies Factory
Optical Supplies Factory
Bike Supplies Factory
Shaved Ice Cart
Linen Supplies Factory
Barber Supplies Factory

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to do this ! Much appreciated!

Queen.of.Clutter
Nov 22 2014, 02:53 AM
Hi firegold flames,

Thanks Taz - I did NOT have a problem with the names, although a few did. I have many people in my life that are disabled/handicapped. I really feel that people take offense when they have a problem themselves with accepting the 'label' .... My brother-in-law said it best .... If you get mad at someone because they call you 'handicapped' - then you need to look within yourself and ask why you would be insulted ? He told me - think about a Golf Game - if you need that 'handicap' - great - if you don't - then that is up to you to take it or run without it ...... Thanks for pointing this out (the NAME CHANGES) .... I feel if people would just READ THE THREAD.... then the Mods would not have to address the same things OVER AND OVER AND OVER again .... Thanks to you, and ALL of the Moderators .... although it is not said often enough, you are very much appreciated !

firegold flames
Nov 22 2014, 03:20 AM
@all - For me it like addressing the same issue again, that bring me to the topic of
buffet table & fruit facilities . The staffs/developers doing a great job here
but everyone have different tastes .In my opinion , not only FT have only this
problems but other games as well .

MadamePondarosa
Nov 22 2014, 04:39 AM
I dont understand this point?

"The Claim Farmcash button now shows how long until you qualify for the next collection"

My button dont, it only says "Claim bonus" as usual. Shouldtn there be a countdown function like "2 hours left" or something according to the above note?

Also, I collected 1 regular quest friday. The text for Friday went blue and noted1. Today I finished another quest. Friday flashed and got to 0 but Saturday got blue and said suddently 2!

I'm very confused, thin we need more detailed explenation here

cindier
Nov 22 2014, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the new release, I for one have no problems with the names of the 2 new building, why some do I can only guess.. I have disabilities/handicaps whatever you want to call it matters not to me. I love this game and some minimal thing is not going to ruin it for me my life is better than that...

LOVELESS
Nov 22 2014, 06:19 AM
There is nothing wrong with this, i am a disabled viet nam veteran. These things are a part of life, and should not be looked at as being shameful, or disgusting. To think everyone would be in one hundred percent health, is a fantasy. I don't see a problem with this at all. Being disabled should not be looked at, as someone being a second class citizen. I do not believe that we live in a perfect world. Some people have to live with the burden placed upon them, and carry on with life.

StoneFace
Nov 22 2014, 06:59 AM
There is nothing wrong with this, i am a disabled viet nam veteran. These things are a part of life, and should not be looked at as being shameful, or disgusting. To think everyone would be in one hundred percent health, is a fantasy. I don't see a problem with this at all. Being disabled should not be looked at, as someone being a second class citizen. I do not believe that we live in a perfect world. Some people have to live with the burden placed upon them, and carry on with life.

Thank you for serving..... I too was there.... '69-'71

Since we both live in Michigan.... we endure the snow and cold in a different way when compared to other things, huh.

flames24
Nov 22 2014, 07:24 AM
i am disabled or handycapped which ever way you want to say it..dont understand why it bothers some.. it is a game... nothing to be taken personally........leave the names the way they are.

knolan
Nov 22 2014, 07:38 AM
I wonder if you have been thinking about changing the number of products that are included in each gift sent to a friend.. ie. 15 x Tomatoes should be changed to 50 or 100 tomatoes. The number 15 was designated in the very beginning of the game & is no longer considered a 'gift' when given to a neighbor. These numbers are ready for an update to a number that is considered reasonable.

knolan
Nov 22 2014, 07:42 AM

Since we both live in Michigan.... we endure the snow and cold in a different way when compared to other things, huh.

You are right, everyone is disabled in one way or another, if not physical, it's mental. Everyone has an addiction to something, whether physical, or mental. We're all the same, in one way or another, physical, or mental.

marymarcel
Nov 22 2014, 07:48 AM
Hi all:)

Raul has posted the following:

Post Release Updates - November 22nd, 1:20AM EST

- When selecting a tool and changing farms, the tool icon does not get smaller anymore
- Incorrect message 'Quest over 7 days old... ' appearing when completing regular quests is now gone
- Ignore and Report icons are now to the left in the Message Window

Known Issues

- When sending gifts, the 'All Friends', 'Farm Town Players' and 'Friends to Invite' dropdown options are automatically provided by facebook and they have a bug now which is showing only a subset of friends, we are currently working on a workaround.

knolan
Nov 22 2014, 08:04 AM
Reading some of the comments by others I must agree with them on these facilities.. Not only was I drawn back when I saw them but I was a bit appalled by the names. Like others I am not happy with the choice of the name for the facilities but I also think you couls have come up with a much more useful facility - We have plenty of Restraunts and facilities that use up the ores and lumbers and metals but why not something that will use the other items we grow for fun and harvest but do nothing more than sell them for the coins because they have no other use.. such as flowers - trees - bushes - some of the crops we grow are not used for anything either.. I live in the south and we have many farms with their own "stands" to sell there veggies and flowers and even greenery.. I am just so amzed that the facilities you keep coming u[p with are just not profitable because they are using more of the items we are having a hard time producing because it takes so long to produce. I live the game and have spent quit a bit of my own money on it and don't mind as it makes for more fun. But stop with the " lame" (sorry) facilities , like the bathrooms - and now disability.. please guys we are better than that. I for one will not be buying the disability or handicap facility ..

I am puzzled as to why anyone would think that any of our facilities are 'lame'. In my reality, there are restrooms, & funeral homes & disability supply shops, what is the big deal???

cjm55
Nov 22 2014, 10:17 AM
Yes, I know many people who have their sea coasts/lakes very close together like mine. Yes I do want that Raul.... Please.... Also, can we purchase lakes/sea coasts in multiples instead of one at a time.

vonalm
Nov 22 2014, 10:29 AM
i am disabled myself and i have no problem with the word handicap... golfers have handicaps ;)

BUT i'm sad that those facilities have to be paid with FCs instead of coins. i know it's only a game but i still think that things for disabled people should be available without having to spend $$ even in a game!

dorissau
Nov 22 2014, 10:31 AM
Another great update. Thanks so much. The new toolbox arrangement is so much better.

butterflysbaby
Nov 22 2014, 10:37 AM
Hi .. thank you Raul for the update. I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem trying to message someone from their farm. When I'm hired to work or go to a neighbors farm, the message icon at the bottom left of the field is not working, so I'm not able to message them to say thank you. I can use the neighbor bar at the bottom of the screen to select the message option. Also, when I'm on someone else's farm, the quest block icon is not working either. Please help .. thank you again ;)

Petuniaflower
Nov 22 2014, 10:47 AM
I am sooo happy,the release didn't come just before the Thanksgiving rush.

It is a rush at my house,what happens when o woman in the shoe had so many children she didn't know what to do.YOU KEEP THEM!!!:)

Wish I had known a moon was coming Raul I made one with flowers,it was work,and I don't have the desire to change it.And I love your moon!!!

Picked up the new tree harvester,Your getting there,next the one click does all RIGHT:D

tbirdcat
Nov 22 2014, 10:50 AM
I am puzzled as to why anyone would think that any of our facilities are 'lame'. In my reality, there are restrooms, & funeral homes & disability supply shops, what is the big deal???

Sorry, wasn't trying to offend but I apologize for using "lame". I just feel that there are so many other facilities FT could put out that would benefit all of the farmers and FT. Changing the name of the new Disability and Handicapped Facilities would be a great idea for one thing. BUT we could really use facilities that involve using the many flowers, trees and other crops we plant and harvest all the time rather than another facility that requires us to try and produce more lumber, metals and ores ( which FT just gave us upgrades on in order to get a handle on the much needed extra produce) to make products we already had in our facilities. I love FT and love seeing new facilities and farms come out for us, but also as another stated .. why charge FC for Handicap and Disability Facilities. I am on disability and most of the time I cannot put money into FC for some of the facilities I would like to own as since I have topped out my XP's to level 575, the next upgrade to levels I will still be topped out until we get new levels again.Again, not complaining, just saying... and I love FT and am a daily player..

Colin Beasley
Nov 22 2014, 10:51 AM
There are a lot off things being said about the names of the new Facilities that are on offer in the new up dates.

12. Disability Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Disability Supplies.

Please remember every one over the years we have all rubbed shoulders with People who are better off than we are.. Do we have to refer to those as the none disabled or none special needs. or do we call them " Normal "

Please where does all this stop.

Farm town is after all said and done a GAME We have all become addicted to.

So Can we please put all these difficulty's to one side and enjoy the game.

Daizzy Mae
Nov 22 2014, 03:11 PM
Is there a way to undo an ignore. I ignored a friend by accident when the symball was beside the green guy to go to her farm. Now she is invisible and I can not hire her or her hire me. Please help me!

Snookie Sue
Nov 22 2014, 03:32 PM
Love the fireworks! And I don't mean the flap over the new facilities name.

Taz D
Nov 22 2014, 04:03 PM
Is there a way to undo an ignore. I ignored a friend by accident when the symball was beside the green guy to go to her farm. Now she is invisible and I can not hire her or her hire me. Please help me!
Hi Daizzy Mae,
Yes there is. Go to the Account tab above your farm. There is a tab in that for Blocked Users. Click on that and check the list in there for your friend and remove her from it.

priscillar
Nov 22 2014, 04:28 PM

I am handicapped and could care less what they call it... some people are too sensitive over a darn game.

becca's digs
Nov 22 2014, 05:57 PM
ok, lost most of neighbors again? why is this always an issue when updating? STILL having issues with ft cash purchases ie: fish farming plants, bee farms.....i have several of each, do not produce all items requiring them i can do math and am out of most continuously, have planted thousands more trees and added only a few of the new facilities that do not require fruit and i have none. i am not getting most products from my mineral mines, either of them open pit or otherwise....simply frustrated. this has been far worse than the update of '09 wow....HELP? thank you

Taz D
Nov 22 2014, 06:09 PM
ok, lost most of neighbors again? why is this always an issue when updating? STILL having issues with ft cash purchases ie: fish farming plants, bee farms.....i have several of each, do not produce all items requiring them i can do math and am out of most continuously, have planted thousands more trees and added only a few of the new facilities that do not require fruit and i have none. i am not getting most products from my mineral mines, either of them open pit or otherwise....simply frustrated. this has been far worse than the update of '09 wow....HELP? thank you
Hi Becca,
If you are talking about your neighbors in the gifting lists that is a Facebook issue and they are supposed to be working on it. Those lists are created by Facebook and Farm Town just makes them available. Far4m Town is working on a way to get around those, but have not come up with a solution yet.

becca's digs
Nov 22 2014, 06:46 PM
Hi Becca,
If you are talking about your neighbors in the gifting lists that is a Facebook issue and they are supposed to be working on it. Those lists are created by Facebook and Farm Town just makes them available. Far4m Town is working on a way to get around those, but have not come up with a solution yet.

nope every time they update my neighbors get bumped off my list and currently i can't invite then it's looping...the other thing i wanted to throw out there that i had forgotten when in her first was the faciliteis themselves are just whacked...i try to do a full run, check what i have minus the fruit issue, and even though it shows thousands available it won't let me produce particular items??? yiyiyiiy many of my neighbors are reporting the same things they just don't bother to come here

Taz D
Nov 22 2014, 07:25 PM
nope every time they update my neighbors get bumped off my list and currently i can't invite then it's looping...the other thing i wanted to throw out there that i had forgotten when in her first was the faciliteis themselves are just whacked...i try to do a full run, check what i have minus the fruit issue, and even though it shows thousands available it won't let me produce particular items??? yiyiyiiy many of my neighbors are reporting the same things they just don't bother to come here
Hi Becca,
If they don't come report it here then we think it is only an isolated problem. To check on your neighbor problem I will need a link to your farms. The automatic linking does not work so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554
For your facilities you might want to check the ones that aren't filling and make sure that the items inside are checked to fill. If those are not checked then the item will not fill from the Start All.

JacqV
Nov 22 2014, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the Update! super effort :)

firegold flames
Nov 22 2014, 08:52 PM
First , i like give a rating 7/10

I would like to thank the developers & staffs for making this a wonderful update .

4. Cooperative Quest Update (Coming on Monday): You can now start 1 Cooperative Quest in a 10 hour period, instead of 20 hours like it was before.

I am happy with 10 hr period instead of 20 hr and can't wait for the coming Monday as
it help so we do not wait very long just to collect the quest update .

Quests: I am very happy with the update the quests , as it make it easier and wonderful and
we can see whether the completion of our completed quest and i give a thumb up for this .:)

9. Gift Packer (coming next week): Will allow you to send more gifts more frequently to friends, still deciding on the details.

i am very happy with this and can't wait for it but i hope they can limit the maximum amount you can send to your friends so that your storage don't clog up with friend gift .

Expansions , items & tools:

i think the expansions , items & tools are great .

Facilities :

I like the framing facility but i have chat more about the disabled facility this raised a topic
that concern many members and i am too a support of it .It already been renamed but i want to
address it as i mentioned in previous post that they remove an item just because it offense
against players , all games are the same that is my worried for the developers & staffs of FT.

I will explain more about facility later .

holla
Nov 22 2014, 11:43 PM
Hello, *Noticed something**

Has anyone ever noticed that the FRUIT STAND Service Facily does NOT give you coins when u cash out???--it does however Take the Fuel away, But does NOT give coins...Ive noticed this the Last 4 times ive cashed out, and wasnt gonna say anything till i was sure But Im Pretty sure Now..lol........sorry if this is the wrong place for this?...Taz or Rob or Mods know anything about this???

Thanks

**also just tried again and the products were back like i didnt cash out, so i cashed out again, closed fac manager then opened it again and yep thee products are back ---did it 5 times and EACH time the products were back...lol, huh??

dave1949
Nov 23 2014, 02:40 AM

Has anyone ever noticed that the FRUIT STAND Service Facily does NOT give you coins when u cash out???--it does however Take the Fuel away, But does NOT give coins...Ive noticed this the Last 4 times ive cashed out, and wasnt gonna say anything till i was sure But Im Pretty sure Now..lol........sorry if this is the wrong place for this?...Taz or Rob or Mods know anything about this???

Thanks

**also just tried again and the products were back like i didnt cash out, so i cashed out again, closed fac manager then opened it again and yep thee products are back ---did it 5 times and EACH time the products were back...lol, huh??
Ur correct no coins, but mine did not put products back. lol

HelenJS22
Nov 23 2014, 02:51 AM
Yaaayyyyy. Thank you :)

1fritz
Nov 23 2014, 09:50 AM
You were the one that started this, so looks like you are not pleased.. I have no problem with the names, no offense here..

I'm with Texas Belle here. No problem with names,

clogger
Nov 23 2014, 10:16 AM
I will put this under Suggestions, but thought I'd add it here in case the devs look at this section.
I think it would be wise to have "ignore" and "report" appear when the mouse hovered over the red flag and X. Not all players read the forum to know what they mean. I know I click things to find out what they are if the hover doesn't tell anything. It seems this could happen easily, especially with non-forum-readers.

Texas Belle
Nov 23 2014, 11:14 AM

Thank you, first for being a veteran and secondly for saying that it is not shameful to be a disabled/handicapped person, very well said, thanks for helping us to keep our freedom.. Carry on...

Texas Belle
Nov 23 2014, 11:21 AM
I am sooo happy,the release didn't come just before the Thanksgiving rush.

It is a rush at my house,what happens when o woman in the shoe had so many children she didn't know what to do.YOU KEEP THEM!!!:)

Wish I had known a moon was coming Raul I made one with flowers,it was work,and I don't have the desire to change it.And I love your moon!!!

Picked up the new tree harvester,Your getting there,next the one click does all RIGHT:D

Ahhh Petunia we can keep on wishing for the one click does all.. wish it would come very soon, too many oaks to harvest and so little time.. :)

Texas Belle
Nov 23 2014, 11:33 AM

StoneFace my thanks to you also for your service... I am a retired employee of the Department of Defense so feel like I am always related to the US Armed Forces.. have a grandson that is reporting to the Navy in March and another that served in the Navy also.. so very proud of our Vets...

Eradani
Nov 23 2014, 03:10 PM
was there recently a change in when product belts are looked at by the system?

i thought i was loosing my posts as i was doing a few things around the farm waiting for the popup and it wasn't happening. while i realize 1 day doesn't prove anything, today i happened to get a bunch of yellow-green belts and then found the product i wanted to post and bumped it over the next threshold. did stuff on my farm and no popup. went back into the fac mgr for some reason and right away the yellow message flashed by and then my product popup happened.

i'm wondering if the program is now only looking for new belts while the fac mgr is open. if so, an official announcement would be appreciated as i'm sure i'm not the only one who thought there were loosing belt postings.

Taz D
Nov 23 2014, 03:27 PM
was there recently a change in when product belts are looked at by the system?

i thought i was loosing my posts as i was doing a few things around the farm waiting for the popup and it wasn't happening. while i realize 1 day doesn't prove anything, today i happened to get a bunch of yellow-green belts and then found the product i wanted to post and bumped it over the next threshold. did stuff on my farm and no popup. went back into the fac mgr for some reason and right away the yellow message flashed by and then my product popup happened.

i'm wondering if the program is now only looking for new belts while the fac mgr is open. if so, an official announcement would be appreciated as i'm sure i'm not the only one who thought there were loosing belt postings.
Hi Eradani,
To my knowledge nothing has changed on those. I get them both when I have the facility manager open and when I am out harvesting and planting and doing other things on my farm.

Eradani
Nov 23 2014, 07:20 PM
Hi Eradani,
To my knowledge nothing has changed on those. I get them both when I have the facility manager open and when I am out harvesting and planting and doing other things on my farm.

well i wonder what new weirdness my computer is up to.

famer charlie
Nov 24 2014, 09:26 AM
have they started where you can open a co op quest every 10 Hours

psycho_mommi
Nov 24 2014, 09:29 AM
just a thingy i noticed... my new facs do not get listed in my fac mgr... had to go hunt them up like the old days and click on the fac to load it up. just thought i'd let ya know
thankis for the update, and a SPECIAL thank you to Stoneface, Loveless, and all, no matter the country, for your service to us all. <3 <3 <3

leighwj1960
Nov 24 2014, 10:01 AM
I had that happen as well then I realized that I had my filter set to active and of course if it is empty it is not active

imcgowan
Nov 24 2014, 11:52 AM
I know the update is new but as of today I can only restart a new cooperative quest every 20 hours not 10 as mentioned in this New Release.

marymarcel
Nov 24 2014, 12:05 PM
I know the update is new but as of today I can only restart a new cooperative quest every 20 hours not 10 as mentioned in this New Release.

Hi imcgowan:)

You are right, but Raul uses to post in his notes in the New release, when one of the promised things are alive, and till now he hasnt posted anything. We will need to wait a little more:)

mpwhitford
Nov 24 2014, 02:05 PM
Not sure if this has already been mentioned or not but since the release I am unable to do certain things while in full screen. Like exit full screen - I can't use the icon I have to hit ESC. I can't click the green man and drop the tool I'm using. I can't make the screen bigger or smaller - I have to exit the full screen and click the + or - to adjust the screen size.

It was not like this before the release because I always work in full screen and would have reported the issue sooner. Can the devs look into this please? It's very annoying to have to get out of full screen to do simple things.

Taz D
Nov 24 2014, 06:05 PM
Not sure if this has already been mentioned or not but since the release I am unable to do certain things while in full screen. Like exit full screen - I can't use the icon I have to hit ESC. I can't click the green man and drop the tool I'm using. I can't make the screen bigger or smaller - I have to exit the full screen and click the + or - to adjust the screen size.

It was not like this before the release because I always work in full screen and would have reported the issue sooner. Can the devs look into this please? It's very annoying to have to get out of full screen to do simple things.
Hi mpwhitford,
I have tried all the things you mentioned and they are all working fine for me. I am wondering if maybe it is your mouse causing the problem. If it is a wireless mouse it could be that the battery is getting weak.

al_bundy
Nov 25 2014, 02:33 AM
Great release as always thankyou

love being able to do co op quests every 10 hours would be good to be able to do regular quests every 10hrs also

can we get more room on the dock for more shortcuts maybe reduce the room for neighbours :D

dnana
Nov 25 2014, 06:43 AM
al bundy said: can we get more room on the dock for more shortcuts maybe reduce the room for neighbours? <<<<yeah, please o please!

Also, opening co-ops every 10 hours is not an improvement. We still can only have 5 open at a time, so this change encourages people to finish their co-ops sooner and not leave them open for others to get the goods. Not very cooperative. Also, did you shorten the expiration times as well or increase the number of stickies? If not, we will quickly run out of room in the manager if we have a run of quests we can't complete, so being able to open them more frequently helps no one. :(

Eradani
Nov 25 2014, 07:13 AM
Also, opening co-ops every 10 hours is not an improvement. We still can only have 5 open at a time, so this change encourages people to finish their co-ops sooner and not leave them open for others to get the goods.

how i'm going to treat the twice a day quest openings: currently, i go through once a day in the morning and start every quest that would expire before 6pm tomorrow. so i can have, at most, 4 active quests - sometimes i end up with 3 only. the new way, i can leave a quest up for longer since i'm going to be going through them twice a day now.

the twice a day may be the whole point - so we're playing twice a day instead of once if all we're doing is CQs. idk

i too wish we could always have 5 quests open at one time, although if we could just fill up our quests twice a day then more people might just finish as many as possible all the time even more than they do now. it's a balancing act between people that want to play something differently and you don't always know how a small change made to the system is going to affect how people play.

one thing i feel is affecting things more as new interesting features like coop quests appear is that the game is slowing down more around update date. surely if you want any of those people to actually stay and play the rest of the month you aren't encouraging it by how slow the servers are when they do show up.

knolan
Nov 25 2014, 10:15 AM
How can I send my tree gifts from my gift box to my storage? I am unable to use the multi tree planter on the trees or flowers in my giftbox. What can I do?

Taz D
Nov 25 2014, 10:20 AM
How can I send my tree gifts from my gift box to my storage? I am unable to use the multi tree planter on the trees or flowers in my giftbox. What can I do?
Hi Knolan,
The only way currently to do it is place them on a farm and then move them to storage. I hope at some point we will be able to move them to storage straight from the gift box, but we can't do that at this time.

mpwhitford
Nov 25 2014, 12:08 PM
Hi mpwhitford,
I have tried all the things you mentioned and they are all working fine for me. I am wondering if maybe it is your mouse causing the problem. If it is a wireless mouse it could be that the battery is getting weak.

yes thank you Taz. I don't know what the deal was but a few of my friends said it was happening to them to. However it starting working again shortly after I posted this. Not my mouse though. It warns me when the battery is low and then just stops working. So all is well now. thank goodness! thank you

knolan
Nov 25 2014, 02:18 PM
Hi Knolan,
The only way currently to do it is place them on a farm and then move them to storage. I hope at some point we will be able to move them to storage straight from the gift box, but we can't do that at this time.

Thank you. When you exchange all your gifts to the same tree, its really a pain in the neck to place them 1 at a time on a farm..

firegold flames
Nov 25 2014, 03:28 PM
This is my continuing from post 1

facilities - renaming

This spark interest in members .

New facility are : Disability Supplies Factory & Personal Aid Shop

I think the staff should bear in mind that some of the topics are sensitive.
One of the sensitive topic is removal of items & religious .(same like the forum rules) . The facility had already changed name as mentioned by Taz D but i still prefer that the staff will do to "ask the members what do they think" like the one in fruit stand thread example .

Other people might had problems with but not you

Some members said they do not have problems with but others do

why ?

1. Differentiate between Handicapped, Disabled or Special need (This explanation can be found on wikipedia or google )

2. Everyone had their own opinions and is entitled to their choice/style/opinion

3. sensitive/religious issue (as i mentioned earlier, same like forum rules)

Disability Supplies Factory to a suitable name

I prefer the staffs use words like " Enable" or " mobility(which one member had mentioned already)" to suit to a suitable name .

I want to remind the staffs that some company already removed items, and i do not want them to lead the same way as they run . eg One of the items is bull fighting . (which i already mentioned in a few post ago)

End of post .

DianeCK
Nov 25 2014, 04:24 PM
Hello all, I am having trouble with gifts since the update, I go to send gifts and only have 5 to 6 friends show to give gifts to. always have 47 showing before the update, I waited a few days to post this I understand glitches happen with updates. So here I am letting you know its not fixed. Thanks Happy Thanksgiving.

dnana
Nov 25 2014, 04:28 PM
how i'm going to treat the twice a day quest openings: currently, i go through once a day in the morning and start every quest that would expire before 6pm tomorrow. so i can have, at most, 4 active quests - sometimes i end up with 3 only. the new way, i can leave a quest up for longer since i'm going to be going through them twice a day now.

the twice a day may be the whole point - so we're playing twice a day instead of once if all we're doing is CQs. idk

i too wish we could always have 5 quests open at one time, although if we could just fill up our quests twice a day then more people might just finish as many as possible all the time even more than they do now. it's a balancing act between people that want to play something differently and you don't always know how a small change made to the system is going to affect how people play.

one thing i feel is affecting things more as new interesting features like coop quests appear is that the game is slowing down more around update date. surely if you want any of those people to actually stay and play the rest of the month you aren't encouraging it by how slow the servers are when they do show up.

Hi, yeah, I'm going to have to change the way I do things, too, I guess, but it's not the first time. ahaha, twice a day would be relaxing, I'm on FT more than I'm working anymore, lol.

I was hoping they would allow 10 open co-ops since they cut the opening time in half. It's just such a shame to have to start co-ops that have 2-3 days left to go. I've gotten so used to leaving them open for others and I get such nice thank you notes back! :)

marymarcel
Nov 25 2014, 04:29 PM
Hello all, I am having trouble with gifts since the update, I go to send gifts and only have 5 to 6 friends show to give gifts to. always have 47 showing before the update, I waited a few days to post this I understand glitches happen with updates. So here I am letting you know its not fixed. Thanks Happy Thanksgiving.

Hi Diane:)

This is not a release glitch. Facebook has a bug with the lists of friends, tried to fixed them, but it didnt work.

Raul posted about this in his notes:

Known Issues

- When sending gifts, the 'All Friends', 'Farm Town Players' and 'Friends to Invite' dropdown options are automatically provided by facebook and they have a bug now which is showing only a subset of friends, we are currently working on a workaround.

DianeCK
Nov 25 2014, 07:34 PM

This is not a release glitch. Facebook has a bug with the lists of friends, tried to fixed them, but it didnt work.

Raul posted about this in his notes:

Known Issues

Thank you for answering, hope they do fix it soon Enjoy your Thanksgiving ..

beautysmom
Nov 25 2014, 08:28 PM
So now, thanks to whom? I have another tool bar that is totally worthless all for FT/FB? And no, this is not a hacker or malware, this is coming from FT or FB. Don't I have enough toolbars?

Taz D
Nov 25 2014, 08:32 PM
So now, thanks to whom? I have another tool bar that is totally worthless all for FT/FB? And no, this is not a hacker or malware, this is coming from FT or FB. Don't I have enough toolbars?
Hi beautysmom,
You are going to have to explai further as I don't know what toolbar you are referring to. The only toolbars for Farmtowm are at the top of your farm window and the neighbor bar at the bottom of the window.

DianeCK
Nov 26 2014, 08:10 AM
Shoot... The gift packer was 30 FC now it's 35 FC and to top it off i wish I didn't buy it. I have no friends to send gifts to with the sent gifts isn't working only showing the same 5 friends ... so not worth it at all. save you FC until its fixed..

beverduster
Nov 26 2014, 08:18 AM
Shoot... The gift packer was 30 FC now it's 35 FC and to top it off i wish I didn't buy it. I have no friends to send gifts to with the sent gifts isn't working only showing the same 5 friends ... so not worth it at all. save you FC until its fixed..
\

i noticed the same thing, bought it and cant find it and as far as im concerned it dont work, tried to use it and nothing, so disapointed in it

beverduster
Nov 26 2014, 08:21 AM
\

i noticed the same thing, bought it and cant find it and as far as im concerned it dont work, tried to use it and nothing, so disapointed in it

guess i should have read the 1st part of the release, at least it has been cut down to 4 hrs & we can send gifts again, but why $5 bucks more?

marymarcel
Nov 26 2014, 08:22 AM

You can create your own list for gifting, you have instructions on how to create it in the following link:)

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594410

DianeCK
Nov 26 2014, 09:00 AM
I made the list it was easy to do... I reloaded the page and saw posts from the friends I put on the list to send gifts to.. I went to my send gifts and none of them are showing in the send gift list, Just the same 6 names. or is the list to send gifts not really sending gifts and are just posts that your friends put up to send bonus's too every 4 hours. lost on this one..

marymarcel
Nov 26 2014, 09:25 AM
I made the list it was easy to do... I reloaded the page and saw posts from the friends I put on the list to send gifts to.. I went to my send gifts and none of them are showing in the send gift list, Just the same 6 names. or is the list to send gifts not really sending gifts and are just posts that your friends put up to send bonus's too every 4 hours. lost on this one..

When you click in Send gifts tab, you choose a gifts and then click in Send. You will see 3 options, you need to choose the last one "Facebook Friends Lists". Click there and then in the name of your list. It should show all the friends you added to it.:)

DianeCK
Nov 26 2014, 09:46 AM

When you click in Send gifts tab, you choose a gifts and then click in Send. You will see 3 options, you need to choose the last one "Facebook Friends Lists". Click there and then in the name of your list. It should show all the friends you added to it.:)

It's all in the knowing... thank you I know you will get lots of these posts... add this to the other post it will make it much easier for others.. thanks again...

anything is easy once you know how...

marymarcel
Nov 26 2014, 09:56 AM
It's all in the knowing... thank you I know you will get lots of these posts... add this to the other post it will make it much easier for others.. thanks again...

anything is easy once you know how...

You are very welcome!:)

beautysmom
Nov 26 2014, 10:11 AM
Hi beautysmom,
You are going to have to explai further as I don't know what toolbar you are referring to. The only toolbars for Farmtowm are at the top of your farm window and the neighbor bar at the bottom of the window.

Now when I open up, I have a light gray toolbar just above Farmtown that tells me that I liked the game (redundant, I already know that, and it shows on the top of FT anyway), how many people are playing (why would I care?), invite (I can already do that off my list of friends and neighbors, so redundant again), "My Games" (because I am too stupid to know what I play....) And there is apparently no way to turn the darn thing off! Is this more FB idiocy?

rdwirth
Nov 26 2014, 12:28 PM
I bought the Gift Packer, how do you use it?

marymarcel
Nov 26 2014, 12:37 PM
I bought the Gift Packer, how do you use it?

Hi rdwirth:)

Raul has posted the following about the Gift Packer

9. Gift Packer: Cut in half the waiting time to send another gift to a friend. Currently, after you have finished sending gifts to friends you have to wait 8 hours without sending anymore gifts to anyone to send them more gifts again. If you buy this tool, the waiting time will be only 4 hours.

To receive the benefits of this tool you have to add it to your Item Storage

WillowTreeFarm
Nov 26 2014, 01:33 PM
Now when I open up, I have a light gray toolbar just above Farmtown that tells me that I liked the game (redundant, I already know that, and it shows on the top of FT anyway), how many people are playing (why would I care?), invite (I can already do that off my list of friends and neighbors, so redundant again), "My Games" (because I am too stupid to know what I play....) And there is apparently no way to turn the darn thing off! Is this more FB idiocy?

My cousin has this at the top of her game too! I do not have it on my game.

marymarcel
Nov 26 2014, 04:26 PM

Hi beautysmom:)

Sadly we dont have this when opening the game, could you please take a pic and post it in the forum?:)

beverduster
Nov 26 2014, 09:03 PM
Hi rdwirth:)

Raul has posted the following about the Gift Packer

To receive the benefits of this tool you have to add it to your Item Storage

i bought the gift sender, it has only let send more gifts once after the 4 hour waiting period, can you tell me why it isnt doing what i bought it for? i bought it this morning about 8 a.m. texas time & have only been able to use it once

beautysmom
Nov 26 2014, 09:38 PM
Okay, how do I do a screenshot? Nothing in MS help tells me how to actually post the picture.

Taz D
Nov 26 2014, 11:03 PM
Okay, how do I do a screenshot? Nothing in MS help tells me how to actually post the picture.
Hi beautysmom,
This link will tell you how to do that.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601262
From the description this sounds like it is a Facebook deal. If it was Farm Town then we would all have it just like we all get the releases.

anstar
Nov 27 2014, 11:12 AM
I just went to the marketplace to sell and made sure I had non-ingredients (for me). I noticed a lot of things that weren't checked showing up and in scrolling through, because of the new facilities I figured I needed to check new things, I discovered that a lot of thing that are ingredients for me didn't get filtered out. I left without selling anything to avoid potential heartache. Did the new upgrade do this?

Taz D
Nov 27 2014, 11:24 AM
I just went to the marketplace to sell and made sure I had non-ingredients (for me). I noticed a lot of things that weren't checked showing up and in scrolling through, because of the new facilities I figured I needed to check new things, I discovered that a lot of thing that are ingredients for me didn't get filtered out. I left without selling anything to avoid potential heartache. Did the new upgrade do this?
Hi Anstar,
Could you please list some of the items that aren't filtered out so we can check?

anstar
Nov 27 2014, 01:43 PM
foam trays, cauliflower, eel, yellow tail, yellow lilies bouquet, wheelbarrow, watering can, wasabi, wallpaper, vanity with mirror, urn, tool set, tool belt...
and the list goes on and on

boduke66
Nov 27 2014, 05:16 PM
not sure if this related to the new update or not,but say if i am on farm 1,and i go to load farm 24,i get the message that says loading user,before it says loading farm,not sure if this is something new,or perhaps a glitch,either way it delays the loading of my other farms,just thought i'd mention it to someone.

anstar
Nov 27 2014, 06:38 PM
Update: much more critical. Going through that list of "non-ingredients for me" again and I'm finding things that ARE checked to sell that are ingredients for me! That's a much bigger concern than unchecked things slipping through the filter.
So far it's things that go into the the Home Decor store...candlesticks, chandeliers, antique centerpieces....

What is going on. :( Definitely not selling anything for awhile.

max_river
Nov 27 2014, 07:12 PM
i think the gift sender thing should of been coin not fc i think some people need a break on getting gifts we need so much of gifts that it is hard to get items. that is just my opion.

StoneFace
Nov 27 2014, 08:36 PM
'Twas the night of Thanksgiving,
but I just couldn't sleep...
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned...the dark meat and white,
but I fought the temptation with all of my might.
Tossing and turning with anticipation,
the thought of a snack became infatuation.

So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
stuffing with gravy, green beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
till all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.
I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
with a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie

But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...
Happy eating to all -- pass the cranberries, please.

Taz D
Nov 27 2014, 09:02 PM
Update: much more critical. Going through that list of "non-ingredients for me" again and I'm finding things that ARE checked to sell that are ingredients for me! That's a much bigger concern than unchecked things slipping through the filter.
So far it's things that go into the the Home Decor store...candlesticks, chandeliers, antique centerpieces....

What is going on. :( Definitely not selling anything for awhile.
Hi Anstar,
Your Home Decor store is in your storage. As long as it is in storage then those items are non-ingredients. That would go for the other items too.
If you don't want any of those items sold, then my suggestion would be to go through the list and any n that have a question mark next to uncheck them to make sure at least one of each facility type you own is on a farm.

Taz D
Nov 27 2014, 09:05 PM
not sure if this related to the new update or not,but say if i am on farm 1,and i go to load farm 24,i get the message that says loading user,before it says loading farm,not sure if this is something new,or perhaps a glitch,either way it delays the loading of my other farms,just thought i'd mention it to someone.
Hi Boduke,
Did you just come from working on someone else's farm? I only find strange things like that happening if I go directly from working someone else's farm to my own. This is cleared by restarting my farm.

boduke66
Nov 28 2014, 02:41 AM
actually it happens when i first load farmtown,after that it seems to be okay,for me it only started after this latest update,weird to say the least.

cindya
Nov 28 2014, 06:09 AM
when i add things to storage i get a message saying the mayor has auctioned off the item and gave you some coins ......hmmmmmmmmmmm i dont want to auction i want to save...

anstar
Nov 28 2014, 07:52 AM
when i add things to storage i get a message saying the mayor has auctioned off the item and gave you some coins ......hmmmmmmmmmmm i dont want to auction i want to save
You aren't adding to storage, then. You're deleting. :( Make sure you have the right tool. Looks like a shed, not a bulldozer.

Thanks, Taz. That solves part of my mystery. I thought I'd put all the factories back after my remodel. Guess I missed one. :( Any idea why so many others are slipping past the filter (but at least aren't checked)?

eta: disregard Taz, apparently FT had the hiccups last time I played because when I went into storage to get that one store, there were LOTS of factories still there. I put them all back where they belong and I think will probably fix it.

marymarcel
Nov 28 2014, 07:55 AM
when i add things to storage i get a message saying the mayor has auctioned off the item and gave you some coins ......hmmmmmmmmmmm i dont want to auction i want to save...

Hi cindya:)

Are you using a tool to add the items to your storage or are you clicking in the item and choose "add to storage" from the menu?

cindya
Nov 28 2014, 10:21 AM
i click on it and a menu drops down...i click add to storage...

marymarcel
Nov 28 2014, 10:25 AM
i click on it and a menu drops down...i click add to storage...

Hi cindya:)

Have you checked your item storage to see if those items have been added to it?

Dr. Dirt
Nov 28 2014, 03:17 PM
Bought the gift packer this morning about 9:00am EST. Put it in storage. It's 4:16pm EST now and I still can't send more gifts.

beverduster
Nov 28 2014, 05:11 PM
Bought the gift packer this morning about 9:00am EST. Put it in storage. It's 4:16pm EST now and I still can't send more gifts.

i bought mine wednesday and i still cant send more, i dont think they have it working yet

sqrfolkdnc
Nov 28 2014, 07:26 PM
When did coop quests go to every 10 hours?

--Carey

Taz D
Nov 28 2014, 07:58 PM
When did coop quests go to every 10 hours?

--Carey
Hi Carey,
Post Release Updates - November 24th, 10:30PM EST

- The wait time for creating a new Cooperative Quest has been decreased from 20 hours to 10 hours

Dr. Dirt
Nov 28 2014, 08:12 PM

It's now 9;00pm EST and I'm finally able to send gifts. Seems like it added 4 hours to my gift time instead of subtracting it.

beverduster
Nov 28 2014, 08:39 PM
what good did it do me to buy the gifter tool and it dont even work, it wont let me send gifts every 4 hrs as stated, is this used car sales pitch they sold us on grrrr

Taz D
Nov 28 2014, 08:46 PM
It's now 9;00pm EST and I'm finally able to send gifts. Seems like it added 4 hours to my gift time instead of subtracting it.

what good did it do me to buy the gifter tool and it dont even work, it wont let me send gifts every 4 hrs as stated, is this used car sales pitch they sold us on grrrr
We are testing this tool. If it isn't working then we will report it to the developers.

Rob T
Nov 28 2014, 09:14 PM
Post Release Updates - November 28th, 9:40PM EST

- Released 49 new holiday items, 12 as gifts and 37 in the store. Notice that all the new holiday items in the gift page and several in the store are meant to be placed on top of existing buildings and trees, this way you can achieve a superior level of customization.

Known Issues

trina531
Nov 28 2014, 09:47 PM
:eek:Such cool new gift items and hoping for a fix real soon...My drop down menu no longer shows friends helping me.. I have only been able to seen to 5 friends...

Rob T
Nov 28 2014, 10:41 PM

Hi Dr Dirt and Beverduster,

I have just tried this, and it worked for me, i was able to send a gift 4 hours apart :)

trina531
Nov 28 2014, 10:51 PM
what if you do not own that tool are we sol?????

Rob T
Nov 28 2014, 10:56 PM
:eek:Such cool new gift items and hoping for a fix real soon...My drop down menu no longer shows friends helping me.. I have only been able to seen to 5 friends...

what if you do not own that tool are we sol?????

Hi Trina,

The reason you are only seeing 6 friends in the menus is because facebook messed up and broke it. That side of the gifting is controlled by them.

The tool only allows you to sent to those lists every 4 hours instead of 8 hours. But does not effect the lists themselves.

AussieGecko
Nov 28 2014, 11:01 PM
Thank you SK for such wonderful new Christmas items. :-)

Now . . my only problem is I couldn't send them to more than five people because they are the only ones who showed up in my lists. A glitch I guess which will soon enough be ironed out. Meanwhile . . back to the store I go. I have lots of new goodies to buy. Thanks SK . . thanks Mods . .

Taz D
Nov 28 2014, 11:07 PM
Thank you SK for such wonderful new Christmas items. :-)

Now . . my only problem is I couldn't send them to more than five people because they are the only ones who showed up in my lists. A glitch I guess which will soon enough be ironed out. Meanwhile . . back to the store I go. I have lots of new goodies to buy. Thanks SK . . thanks Mods . .
Hi Aussiegecko,
Raul posted this:
Known Issues

trina531
Nov 28 2014, 11:09 PM
I appreciate your quick response and hopefully a "quick fix"will happen soon!

AussieGecko
Nov 28 2014, 11:20 PM
thanks Taz . . I found my own "workaround" :-) I refreshed and went to send gifts again and a new 6 names appeared. A little extra work but it can be done. I saw your response to Trina after I posted my message. Ooops :-)

blackat
Nov 28 2014, 11:35 PM
Awesome Christmas decorations... love the way you can add some of the items onto non seasonal buildings. The developers are obviously keeping those who love to dabble in design in mind now... cheers to all

firegold flames
Nov 29 2014, 12:17 AM
i have a query on the snow animal , is it a decor ?

crafty chris
Nov 29 2014, 04:44 AM
i have a query on the snow animal , is it a decor ?

hiya firegold yes the snow animals are decorations only :)

Dr. Dirt
Nov 29 2014, 09:04 AM
Hi Dr Dirt and Beverduster,

I have just tried this, and it worked for me, i was able to send a gift 4 hours apart :)

Sent gifts about 7:00am EST, will try again in about an hour. :)

cindya
Nov 29 2014, 11:07 AM
is there a certain way to put the garland ,lights,bulbs on?? It wants to go every which way cept where i want it.....hmmmmm the only way i can get it on a tree or building is make the farm wee little then i cant see what i'm doing....Also there are some gifts i can't send a cpl lights and a cpl garland ,when i send it just gets hung up.....all the others are fine

Rugged Barbie
Nov 29 2014, 11:24 AM
is there a certain way to put the garland ,lights,bulbs on?? It wants to go every which way cept where i want it.....hmmmmm the only way i can get it on a tree or building is make the farm wee little then i cant see what i'm doing....Also there are some gifts i can't send a cpl lights and a cpl garland ,when i send it just gets hung up.....all the others are fine

Yes, the holiday garland, bulbs and lights are worthless to me. What a pity they couldn't have just been placeable with the pointer exactly where you want them to go. Is this catering to your quest to cultivate people in design? Sort of leaves the rest of us out of the loop. :mad:

bayoubes
Nov 29 2014, 11:27 AM
I put the xmas deco on a tree, the items are about 2 ins above the censor, just place the item where you want it and ignore where the censor is. Worked for me.

Dr. Dirt
Nov 29 2014, 11:39 AM
Tried about 12;30pm (5 and a half hours) to gift again. Seems to be working for me now. :)

Jwebb
Nov 29 2014, 11:54 AM
It's really kind of annoying that they always do a "pre" release very soon after a new release and make it part of the new release. Just sayin...

ftjill
Nov 29 2014, 12:06 PM
I am having difficulty with placing the new decorations: they seem to go everywhere but where I want them. :confused:

I can't place them on the tree near the bottom of the farm - the decorations 'jump up'. The height is the same every time. :(

The decoration is about 2 inches above the cursor - this contributes to the problems with the placement. :(

I love the decorations!:D But please make it easy to use them!

Looking forward to more items like these in future releases

meirwen59@aol.com
Nov 29 2014, 12:19 PM
Thank you for the Christmas items but is there anyway you can add more people suitable for a Christmas theme especially children to decorate our festive farms ?

maggiel29
Nov 29 2014, 12:27 PM
Thank you for the new Holiday stuff - love the decorations for the tree and the snow for roofs and such.

I do agree the Christmas baubles and lights etc are a little hard to get in the right place - they seem to work like the birds and clouds - you need to click below where you want to put them

Taz D
Nov 29 2014, 12:45 PM
Thank you for the new Holiday stuff - love the decorations for the tree and the snow for roofs and such.

I do agree the Christmas baubles and lights etc are a little hard to get in the right place - they seem to work like the birds and clouds - you need to click below where you want to put them

Yes, the holiday garland, bulbs and lights are worthless to me. What a pity they couldn't have just been placeable with the pointer exactly where you want them to go. Is this catering to your quest to cultivate people in design? Sort of leaves the rest of us out of the loop. :mad:

I am having difficulty with placing the new decorations: they seem to go everywhere but where I want them. :confused:

I can't place them on the tree near the bottom of the farm - the decorations 'jump up'. The height is the same every time. :(

The decoration is about 2 inches above the cursor - this contributes to the problems with the placement. :(

I love the decorations!:D But please make it easy to use them!

Looking forward to more items like these in future releases
The Christmas decorations that are made to be added on an item are floating at a higher level. You can see the same thing with the clouds. Instead of looking at the pointer look at the item you are placing and use that as your guide.
Because the pointer can only go so far outside the farm you will not be able to place those items close to the bottom of the farm just as you can't place the clouds close to the bottom.
I hope this helps you to understand how those items work. Main thing is to look at the item rather than the pointer itself. Think of the pointer showing the ground level.

Taz D
Nov 29 2014, 12:48 PM
It's really kind of annoying that they always do a "pre" release very soon after a new release and make it part of the new release. Just sayin...
Hi JWebb,
The next release will most likely be less than a week before Christmas, judging from the past few months releases. If they waited that late to release the Christmas items then there would be lots of upset players because they don't have them to decorate until right before Christmas.

trina531
Nov 29 2014, 06:38 PM
A high five to the developers for the new Christmas decorations. :) My head has not stopped spinning. I love them. The stars, patches of snow, bows are fantastic. I have seen a few farms and what people are doing with them is beyond belief. Thank you once again for continuing to add wonderful new things to the game.. Now it is back to designing.:D :D :D

LoreneC
Nov 29 2014, 09:15 PM
Thanks for getting us the Christmas decorations so early!

I am enjoying the items that can be placed on top of other things, like the snow and the Christmas tree decorations. What fun!

:)

Jwebb
Nov 29 2014, 10:10 PM
Hi JWebb,
The next release will most likely be less than a week before Christmas, judging from the past few months releases. If they waited that late to release the Christmas items then there would be lots of upset players because they don't have them to decorate until right before Christmas.

It is definitely necessary this time around, but not at other times. ;)

Seraphina Warrior
Nov 30 2014, 02:49 AM
It is definitely necessary this time around, but not at other times. ;)

Hi Jwebb, items that come shortly after a release are not "pre" release items. They are "post" release items and form part of the existing release. There are times, such as this release, where items such as the Christmas decorations, had to be delayed, due to the Thanksgiving items, and also last month, when the Thanksgiving items themselves were delayed, due to Halloween items.

A "release" is not just for one day. It covers the entire period of the weeks that follow. Any items or changes in that time, form part of the existing release and as such , they are "post" release updates. Post release updates are necessary, and happen every month, in some shape or form. I hope this helps you to understand a little better. Have a great day!

maggiel29
Nov 30 2014, 07:22 AM
The Christmas decorations that are made to be added on an item are floating at a higher level. You can see the same thing with the clouds. Instead of looking at the pointer look at the item you are placing and use that as your guide.
Because the pointer can only go so far outside the farm you will not be able to place those items close to the bottom of the farm just as you can't place the clouds close to the bottom.
I hope this helps you to understand how those items work. Main thing is to look at the item rather than the pointer itself. Think of the pointer showing the ground level.

Hi Taz - yes I know what you mean thanks - it jsut takes a bit of adjusting but no real problem. I really like them tho - especially being able to add snow to roofs and such brilliant

Tom C
Nov 30 2014, 08:15 AM
The new decorating are nice but wish they could be placed better. Wish I could get them to go all the way over to the edge of the farm.

SeaJay
Nov 30 2014, 09:46 AM
WOW! Are the Christmas decorations ever adorable. The possibilities are endless. I couldn't have expressed it better than you when you said; " you can achieve a superior level of customization."

So cute.

It's easy to see where your heart is when you release things like disability supplies and heart warming decorations. It feels very caring and considerate and humanitarian. Kudos....and blessings.

wsbohannon
Nov 30 2014, 07:34 PM
Thank you so very much for the wonderful new items in the Holiday store and gifts!! They are amazing. love them all!!;)

Aussie Rae
Dec 01 2014, 02:30 AM
for some strange reason, when I started production in all my facilities so that I could post them to be worked, the last step in 2 co-op quests were also started even though I had unchecked those items in their relevant facility. After discovering that those quests were finished I checked and they were still unchecked in the facilities..so sorry to all those people who may have visited to buy goods from them.. they are no longer available... I like to keep the quests open as long as possible to help others but its a bit difficult if ft decides to start the last step for me! LOL ps. those items are now checked .. this time by me, :)

Dutch85
Dec 01 2014, 02:51 PM
Hi Jwebb, items that come shortly after a release are not "pre" release items. They are "post" release items and form part of the existing release. There are times, such as this release, where items such as the Christmas decorations, had to be delayed, due to the Thanksgiving items, and also last month, when the Thanksgiving items themselves were delayed, due to Halloween items.

A "release" is not just for one day. It covers the entire period of the weeks that follow. Any items or changes in that time, form part of the existing release and as such , they are "post" release updates. Post release updates are necessary, and happen every month, in some shape or form. I hope this helps you to understand a little better. Have a great day!

I love when we get new items spaced out like this! It makes the time between releases seem shorter. Also, thanks to the devs for the awesome Christmas things!

beverduster
Dec 01 2014, 04:31 PM
the gifter tool i bought, wont let me send gifts every 4 hrs like it promised to do, l read what raul addet to the new thread, but its more like 24 hrs before i can send them to my friends agaain,

Taz D
Dec 01 2014, 06:21 PM
the gifter tool i bought, wont let me send gifts every 4 hrs like it promised to do, l read what raul addet to the new thread, but its more like 24 hrs before i can send them to my friends agaain,
Hi beverduster,
The normal time is only 8 hours. So at the most you should be able to resend that often. Is it that it won't let you resend or is it a case their names don't show on your lists because of the Facebook problem with the lists?
Also, just as with the normal times you must wait at least 4 hours without sending any gifts before you can resend gifts. If you are sending gifts to different groups within that time then you have to wait longer. You do have a timer in the clock tool in your toolbox for Resending gifts.

beverduster
Dec 01 2014, 07:03 PM
t y taz, still greek to me, also why doesnt the gifter show up in the facility manager?

Taz D
Dec 01 2014, 07:37 PM
t y taz, still greek to me, also why doesnt the gifter show up in the facility manager?
Because it isn't a facility manager used tool.

earlgray
Dec 01 2014, 11:03 PM
I love the garlands and lights in the new holiday gifts, and the snow patches for the roofs. Unfortunately they run into the problem that sometimes when I put them where I want they end up under the buildings instead of on top. I sure wish there were a way to prevent that.

Jean's Farm
Dec 02 2014, 06:06 PM
Thanks Raul and devs for the new Christmas decorations. I love them!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :D :) :D

earlgray
Dec 03 2014, 10:55 PM
OK, the moon and fireworks are very nice, but the green background doesn't much suit them. So I think it's time to offer some alternate backgrounds, one of which should resemble a night sky.

LoreneC
Dec 04 2014, 09:57 AM
OK, the moon and fireworks are very nice, but the green background doesn't much suit them. So I think it's time to offer some alternate backgrounds, one of which should resemble a night sky.

Yes yes yes! That would be fabulous. A day sky wold be nice too!:)

Orneryrissa
Dec 04 2014, 06:30 PM
Cannot pull up any lists of people to send gifts to, under the Farmtown Farmer List it tells me I have no farmer friends yet and defaults back to the Facebook All Friends tab.

Taz D
Dec 04 2014, 06:36 PM
Cannot pull up any lists of people to send gifts to, under the Farmtown Farmer List it tells me I have no farmer friends yet and defaults back to the Facebook All Friends tab.
Hi Orneryrissa,
Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.

Pamgow
Dec 06 2014, 03:01 AM

Thanks

I have had this problem for several weeks now. It was reported to the developers and I got a response back this last week.......that has nothing to do with the fruit stand not cashing out. They asked me to let them know how many coins I was missing and they would reimburse me for them. NOT what I asked. I want to know WHY my fruit stand WON'T CASH OUT and if they could please fix it. ???????

Pamgow
Dec 06 2014, 03:16 AM
"The Claim Farmcash button now shows how long until you qualify for the next collection". Could someone please explain this more? Nothing has changed about my "Claim Farm cash button". It still has the same message that it did before.......it hasn't been seven days since I last collected and to check back tomorrow. Did I read something wrong, mis-interpret what this means or am I just plain dumb?

marymarcel
Dec 06 2014, 05:23 AM
"The Claim Farmcash button now shows how long until you qualify for the next collection". Could someone please explain this more? Nothing has changed about my "Claim Farm cash button". It still has the same message that it did before.......it hasn't been seven days since I last collected and to check back tomorrow. Did I read something wrong, mis-interpret what this means or am I just plain dumb?

Hi Pamgow:)

If you click in the Claim Farmcash button when it is still black, then you will see how many days, hours or minutes you will be able to collect again.

I took a pic of i, and it says I need to check again in 3 days.:)

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10647204_10204258717300111_3382425265326104770_n.j pg?oh=8d57ba19d713fe6c40a8d148f4a799dd&oe=54FD3104

Snookie Sue
Dec 06 2014, 09:01 AM
Yes, yes, yes - Please give us a night sky option with the next release! As for not getting anything out of the fruit stands :( Would hate to have meticulously planted all those trees and forked out for the stands for nothing.

Janet 1
Dec 07 2014, 06:43 PM

I've been thinking this for a while and even made a post about it a few weeks ago but then decided to delete it. Having clouds with a green background just doesn't work. :eek: It would be nice if we could have some alternative colours like pale blue or white so they look more realistic.

misskathleen
Dec 09 2014, 07:30 AM
I was wondering when new levels would be coming out. We have not had any since September. Thanks!

beverduster
Dec 09 2014, 11:23 AM
they will be the next update if its goes by the pattern over the years

Petuniaflower
Dec 09 2014, 12:37 PM
Players suggesting a background of night and daytime sky,is a good idea.
To do it up really good,have a horizon of mountains,hills,flat land.Sides highways ,parks.I am just thinking crazy now.But you would need something to divide the sky from the side for it to look right.Maybe you have given the devs ideas of something else to develop:D.

StoneFace
Dec 09 2014, 01:35 PM
I was wondering when new levels would be coming out. We have not had any since September. Thanks!

I am wondering if the next release, close to the 25th of December, will include farm #25

:eek: :eek: :eek:

mhope23
Dec 09 2014, 10:51 PM
That is great ! Did you write it ?

jkmyer
Dec 10 2014, 07:37 PM
We can not get my husbands farm to load it will go to requests send gifts can go to the forum but it will not load the farm does anyone have any suggestions? thank you

Taz D
Dec 10 2014, 07:51 PM
We can not get my husbands farm to load it will go to requests send gifts can go to the forum but it will not load the farm does anyone have any suggestions? thank you
Hi jkmyer,
I moved your first post to the Help & Support thread about loading and answered you there.

mrschar
Dec 13 2014, 08:52 AM
The first person to answer you is right. A few months back, I researched the Announcements in the Forum. For the last couple of years (I didn't go back further), we got new levels every 3 months. That will put new levels coming out Christmas week, if it doesn't change. For a while, we got new farms at the same time, but that has changed. We don't get them that often, anymore, but that is all right. We don't need 100 farms! That would be unmanageable. Happy Farming!

StoneFace
Dec 13 2014, 11:48 AM
The first person to answer you is right. A few months back, I researched the Announcements in the Forum. For the last couple of years (I didn't go back further), we got new levels every 3 months. That will put new levels coming out Christmas week, if it doesn't change. For a while, we got new farms at the same time, but that has changed. We don't get them that often, anymore, but that is all right. We don't need 100 farms! That would be unmanageable. Happy Farming!

Agreed.... we do not need 100 farms.

I think about 60 would be just right. :eek::eek::eek:

perryalexander
Dec 13 2014, 02:39 PM
Following up on the number of farms issue, it would help if there were a way to find the unplanted farms from the Farm Status screen? It lets you sort by quantity or by amount but there is no way to sort by Farm Number. If you sorted by the farm number or order the farms are on the farm, you could scan to see which farms are not included. That would give you help in finding the ones that still need to be planted. Right now I have 18 of 20 with crops planted and am searching for the last two to do.

beverduster
Dec 14 2014, 10:52 AM
i bought the new gift giver, cant get it to send gifts every 4 hrs, like the add said you could, i looked in the game guide & caould find anything about it, it would be nice to no something on how to opperate this worthless tool, do you have to take it out of storge to get it to work?

Taz D
Dec 14 2014, 11:04 AM
i bought the new gift giver, cant get it to send gifts every 4 hrs, like the add said you could, i looked in the game guide & caould find anything about it, it would be nice to no something on how to opperate this worthless tool, do you have to take it out of storge to get it to work?
Hi beverduster,
The tool needs to be in storage to work, so no you don't have to take it out of storage for it to work. It only works for sending gifts through the Send Gifts tab. It will not work for sending gifts from the neighbor bar or from the My Requests tab for sending gifts back. You do not have to click on the tool to get it to work. You leave it in storage, go to the Send Gifts tab and send your gifts. Four hours later you can send those same players gifts again from the same tab.

max_river
Dec 14 2014, 03:29 PM
is it not time to close this thread lol

SeniorCornwall
Dec 14 2014, 09:49 PM
Should be.... I was hoping for an early Christmas update this month - around the 15th like in some of the past months.... Would be a nice present :)

SilentOneCanada

psycho_mommi
Dec 14 2014, 11:49 PM
if we're putting in some christmas wishes, some xtra FC would be nice. and maybe a story from Stoneface. or Both. :D:D:D

leighwj1960
Dec 15 2014, 10:33 AM
Following up on the number of farms issue, it would help if there were a way to find the unplanted farms from the Farm Status screen? It lets you sort by quantity or by amount but there is no way to sort by Farm Number. If you sorted by the farm number or order the farms are on the farm, you could scan to see which farms are not included. That would give you help in finding the ones that still need to be planted. Right now I have 18 of 20 with crops planted and am searching for the last two to do.

I use a free alarm program to keep track of all my farms, just do a google search for the term farm report alarm to find it.
Hopefully the moderators will allow me to pass this information along, I know they don't allow me to post the link directly :(

DianeCK
Dec 15 2014, 01:45 PM
I use a free alarm program to keep track of all my farms, just do a google search for the term farm report alarm to find it.
Hopefully the moderators will allow me to pass this information along, I know they don't allow me to post the link directly :(

-----------------------------------
I use the farm stats it shows everything on every farm .. what's ready whats growing what went to waste .. its in the tool box on left looks like a pie next to the quest box.. above the clock that shows what was watered.. hope its what you were looking for..

dorissau
Dec 15 2014, 05:25 PM
-----------------------------------
I use the farm stats it shows everything on every farm .. what's ready whats growing what went to waste .. its in the tool box on left looks like a pie next to the quest box.. above the clock that shows what was watered.. hope its what you were looking for..

You are so right!! Just use the farm stats tool and do "crops-growing-now-all farms" and they will come up in numerical order. Don't need anything from outside sources or anything new.

jkmyer
Dec 15 2014, 07:17 PM
You are so right!! Just use the farm stats tool and do "crops-growing-now-all farms" and they will come up in numerical order. Don't need anything from outside sources or anything new.

I don't have enough big farms to use that for my crops yet, so the outside one will work for now

Rob T
Dec 16 2014, 12:38 AM
Thankyou all for your feedback on the new release, i am now closing this thread. Please post any help questions, feedback and suggestions in the appropriate forums :) Thankyou