PDA

View Full Version : Official Top Post Thread Wall Request Issues

Pages : [1] 2

Taz D
Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Wall Request Issues

Most posting using the Website does not post to Facebook!
You can post your facility work requests to Facebook.

Remember - not every farmer you have as a Neighbour/Buddy may have a Facebook account to be able to see the posts on Facebook or they may not be your Facebook Friends.

Show Facility Wall Requests (https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/pending_in_wall) is where Facility Posts will be. You do NOT see your own posts there!

Show Other Wall Requests (https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/pending_in_wall2) is where all the other posts will be like requesting ingredients, posting bonuses etc. You do NOT see your own posts there!

Please make sure that you have read the information in the Web Guide (https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6542458#post6542458) to see what differences there are now that you are playing Farm Town on the Website!

Thank you!

Finding Farm Town Posts:

To get to the Wall Request pages click on "My Requests" tab at the top of the game screen.
You will be shown the Facility Wall Requests by default.
If you want to see the Other Wall Requests, click on the blue Other Wall Requests text which is a link and you will then see things like bonuses, ingredients, requested gifts etc..
If you want to return to the Facility Wall Requests, click on the blue Facility Wall Requests text and you will be shown your neighbour and buddies facility work requests again.

One suggestion when working with the Wall Requests if you want to work on a request, right click on the blue link to the right of what you are wanting to do, then click on "open link in new tab". This will open the work request in a new tab for you to work it. This way once you are done with which ever request you are working all you have to do is to close that tab and you still have the wall requests open in the previous tab so you can work the next one.

Any posts with a pink background are ones already worked.

If your posts are NOT showing up for your friends in Facility Wall Requests or Other Wall Requests please check that you are on either their Neighbour List or on their Buddy List.

If you want to see their posts then you need to do the same, make sure that they are on either your Neighbour List or on your Buddy List.

How to post or prevent some purchases posting to Other Wall Requests:

If you do not wish to post every single Farm Cash purchase or Land Upgrade to Other Wall Requests you do not have to, especially if you are planning on buying multiple farms/farm upgrades or facilities in a short space of time!!

With land upgrades there are 2 popups.

The first popup asks you to confirm that you are purchasing for the correct farm:

https://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameguide/land upgrades/CONFIRM LAND UPGRADE DEC 2023.png

Click the Green check mark to continue with the purchase OR click on the Red X to cancel purchasing.

Once purchased, you will see the 2nd popup which does two things. It confirms what farm upgrade you bought AND asks you if you want to share it with your friends, meaning that you have a choice to post the purchase to Other Wall Requests or not..

Example of the 2nd popup:

https://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameguide/land upgrades/OPTION TO SHARE LAND UPGRADE DEC 2023.png

To post it to Other Wall Requests, click on the Green check mark.

If you do NOT want to post it to Other Wall Requests, click on the Red X instead.

With Farm Cash Purchases like facilities, tools, you can still proceed with the purchase and you do not have to post it to other wall requests. This can be handy when buying multiples of the same facility.

When you click on a Facility or Tool to Buy and place it on your farm, the purchase has already been made.

Then you will see ONE popup. This popup is only asking you if you want to share it with your friends, meaning that you have a choice to post the purchase to Other Wall Requests or not....

Example of a purchase popup:

https://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameguide/facility/Purchase Bridge Building Supplies.png

To post it to Other Wall Requests, click on the Green check mark.

If you do NOT want to post it to Other Wall Requests, click on the Red X instead.

LisaScobee
Feb 25 2021, 08:38 PM
I cannot post to Facebook asking for people to send me ingredients to make things in Facilities.

Taz D
Feb 25 2021, 08:51 PM
I cannot post to Facebook asking for people to send me ingredients to make things in Facilities.
Hi Lisa,
Make sure you have cookies and pop ups allowed for your browser by the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Also note there is a limit to 5 ingredient posts per 12 hour period. Even if you opened one and changed your mind or you didn't get the pop up to post to Facbook it does count toward the 5 as it will go to the My Requests tab for those any way.

lindsay63
Mar 01 2021, 07:47 PM
I have been trying for the last week to find out
why I can't post facilities
What am I suppose to see when I click produce Faster
and is there anywhere I can see the post

Regards Lindsay

Taz D
Mar 01 2021, 07:56 PM
I have been trying for the last week to find out
why I can't post facilities
What am I suppose to see when I click produce Faster
and is there anywhere I can see the post

Regards Lindsay
Hi Lindsay,
You can see what you should see and how to do it in the Game Guide chapter 9 about hiring:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599222

The first pop up is to send the request to the Farmtown Wall Requests. When you click on the green check then a second pop up will show for posting your request to your Facebook timeline and your friends newsfeed.

The only place you will be able to see the post is on your own newsfeed or timeline in Facebook. You can not see your post in the wall requests, but your neighbors can see it there.

lindsay63
Mar 02 2021, 03:08 AM
Hi Lindsay,
You can see what you should see and how to do it in the Game Guide chapter 9 about hiring:

The first pop up is to send the request to the Farmtown Wall Requests. When you click on the green check then a second pop up will show for posting your request to your Facebook timeline and your friends newsfeed.

The only place you will be able to see the post is on your own newsfeed or timeline in Facebook. You can not see your post in the wall requests, but your neighbors can see it there.

Hi Taz D

I don't get the second pop up and never have and I could post before change over. I have pop ups and redirects set as allow, I have all posting setting as Friend to see

Tiger
Mar 02 2021, 04:39 AM
Hi Taz D

I don't get the second pop up and never have and I could post before change over. I have pop ups and redirects set as allow, I have all posting setting as Friend to see

Hi lindsay63,

Taz is not available at the moment.

Are you trying to post while using Full Screen mode?
Is it happening with other facilities or just a specific facility? If it's only a specific facility please let us know which ones. If it's only facilities on a specific farm, can you spot what is different between that farm and one you can post from, for example is that farm set as a Quest or Private Farm?

Along with allowing popups and redirects, have you also checked if your browser is up to date and that 3rd party cookies are allowed in your browser? If you're not sure how to check the cookies, please click on this link and then go to the post about cookies. Along with the instructions for allowing popups and redirects are the instructions to check if cookies are allowed or blocked and also how to add just the ones needed for Farm Town to exceptions:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Please also check if you have any extensions added to your browser that are enabled and disable those while you try this to rule out any of them as being a possible cause.

If you make any changes to your browser, please remember to close and reopen your browser to make sure the settings are saved before tying again.

If those are all fine and you have another browser to try, please check the settings and extensions there and then try that browser.

lindsay63
Mar 02 2021, 02:08 PM
Don't know what I did but something in Chrome was causing the problem
I think it might have been flash lurking in the background

Thanks for help

*Country Girl
Mar 18 2021, 07:29 AM
I am probably posting in the wrong place so please move for me.

When working neighbors factories it scrolls across the screen saying products sent to my storage and then immediately says Oops already worked this factory. This happened about a week ago and then all worked fine until today when i am getting it again on just a COUPLE of neighbors.

**Country Girl**
User ID. 100000020293728

Tiger
Mar 18 2021, 08:03 AM
I am probably posting in the wrong place so please move for me.

When working neighbors factories it scrolls across the screen saying products sent to my storage and then immediately says Oops already worked this factory. This happened about a week ago and then all worked fine until today when i am getting it again on just a COUPLE of neighbors.

**Country Girl**
User ID.1792538784

Hi Country Girl,

There's a couple of possibilities.

You have already worked some of those products in a facility or on that farm but not all of them, so you're getting products for what hasn't been worked before and an already done for those already worked. That may be due to the farm owner not starting/loading all the products in all facilities first time round so My Requests may still show the facility work without a pink background. You can't always tell just by looking in My Requests if that's what has happened in all the different browsers there are. In some browsers you may see that the link isn't blue any more but is a different colour and when you work it again you get products that you didn't get the first time round.

Or it may be due to not having a minimum of an 8 hour break from working anyone's facilities at all. When that happens and the request doesn't have a pink background, you're only getting products for ones not already worked since you last had the 8 hour break from not working any facilities at all and not the rest. If it's this one, without the show times available to use yet, you just have to make sure you have that 8 hour break before you work anyone's facilities the following day.

You can run memcache if you wish and also double check that all aspects of the date and time are still showing correct on your computer to make sure there's no stray data or time issues that might cause a problem. I can see that you know how to run memcache so I've not included the link or instructions in this post.

*Country Girl
Mar 18 2021, 08:33 AM
Ty.....I do know all of what you said. I work peoples factories early in the morning then leave the 8+ window and do them again. This has only been happening when i come back and do them in the morning after not having done them for WAY over 8 hr. It tells me i receive the products but then in less than a blink of an eye it says Oops. You really have to look fast to see it.

It has only been happening since the migration so thought maybe it was a bug and something you may want to tell the developers to look into.

Thanks for your help,
**Country Girl**

debhurst51
Mar 18 2021, 09:17 AM
I've scanned through this stuff. My sister, two nieces, and husband cannot send gifts to me. My name doesn't show up. What can be the problem?

Taz D
Mar 18 2021, 09:25 AM
I've scanned through this stuff. My sister, two nieces, and husband cannot send gifts to me. My name doesn't show up. What can be the problem?
Hi Debhurst,
Which list are they looking at to send the gift? There are several lists in the Send Gifts tab. Have them check the My Neighbors and All Farmers lists to see if you are listed there. If you are not then they need to check the My Neighbors tab to see if you are showing there with the information not showing all zeros.

marilynwaid40@gmail.com
Mar 31 2021, 08:55 AM
reference==walltown request section. when i am using this section for farmers, when i am finished doing their farms the sections do not go away or change color to let you know they have been done. They used to change color and you would know not to try them again. Could you please fix this ? Thanks, I.D. No is=157186335154609

Taz D
Mar 31 2021, 09:27 AM
reference==walltown request section. when i am using this section for farmers, when i am finished doing their farms the sections do not go away or change color to let you know they have been done. They used to change color and you would know not to try them again. Could you please fix this ? Thanks, I.D. No is=157186335154609
Hi Marilyn,
I moved your post from the Suggestions section as this is not a suggestion.
The changing color of the post in the wall requests does not happen after you have worked them until you refresh the page.

EmilyF
Apr 06 2021, 06:49 PM
is there a tool i can buy that, when i go to work someone's facilities or refer clients from a wall request...that will allow me to just click once on farms? Some ppl have 40 farms and over 200 facilities on each farm...it's tiring to click even half that...

Taz D
Apr 06 2021, 06:56 PM
is there a tool i can buy that, when i go to work someone's facilities or refer clients from a wall request...that will allow me to just click once on farms? Some ppl have 40 farms and over 200 facilities on each farm...it's tiring to click even half that...
Hi EmilyF,
The trains can do that. You can find all the information about the trains in the Game Guide chapter 29 about the frieght trains:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492298

Granny T
Apr 13 2021, 06:30 AM
My farm town wall requests are all pink, all the way back to 21 hours. I cannot work on anyone's farm. Please fix this, thank you. How often can you work on others' farms? Thanks again.

Tiger
Apr 13 2021, 07:07 AM
My farm town wall requests are all pink, all the way back to 21 hours. I cannot work on anyone's farm. Please fix this, thank you. How often can you work on others' farms? Thanks again.

Hi Granny T,

A couple of things for you to check:

Check that all aspects of the date and time is still showing correct on your computer as any part of those being wrong can cause strange issues with timings.

To work anyone's facilities the following day you must have a complete break from working any facilities at all for anyone of at least 8 hours. If you don't then the pink background will show even when someone posts new facility requests.

As you are seeing a pink background now, what you will need to do is not work anyone's facilities at all, don't even attempt to try one, wait at least 8 hours then check the Wall Request and see if the pink background is now gone from the facility requests your friends have posted today. When the pink is no longer showing you should be able to work them.

Granny T
Apr 13 2021, 10:48 AM
My entire farm town request wall is pink except for one very recent post. This goes back 17 hours. Therefore I am unable to work on my friends' farms. Thanks for any help.

Taz D
Apr 13 2021, 10:49 AM
My entire farm town request wall is pink except for one very recent post. This goes back 17 hours. Therefore I am unable to work on my friends' farms. Thanks for any help.
Hi Granny T,
You were answered just above your current post.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6440826&postcount=1853

Granny T
Apr 13 2021, 03:04 PM
Can you please explain to me why all the posts on my farm town request wall are pink and have been for over 24 hours. Actually you don't have to explain why, just please fix it. Thanks!

marymarcel
Apr 13 2021, 03:11 PM
Can you please explain to me why all the posts on my farm town request wall are pink and have been for over 24 hours. Actually you don't have to explain why, just please fix it. Thanks!

Hi Granny T :)

Did you read the instructions Tiger gave to you?

Please click in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6440826#post6440826

Aussie Rae
Apr 14 2021, 12:41 AM
facebook seems to be on a power trip, blocking people playing farmtown... my super neighbor just got blocked for apparently working too fast while planting my crops.... I have sent a message to facebook in the hopes they will wake up to themselves and understand its a GAME we are all playing... I think everyone needs to complain to them.. maybe they will take notice then.... we can only live in hope...

Tiger
Apr 14 2021, 05:05 AM
facebook seems to be on a power trip, blocking people playing farmtown... my super neighbor just got blocked for apparently working too fast while planting my crops.... I have sent a message to facebook in the hopes they will wake up to themselves and understand its a GAME we are all playing... I think everyone needs to complain to them.. maybe they will take notice then.... we can only live in hope...

Hi Aussie Rae,

Can you please check with your SN if possible and ask if they happened to have been playing another game before they got blocked while working your farms.

If at all possible please ask if they can get a picture of the message they are seeing or describe it, the exact wording of the message and if they know how long they have been blocked for.

annroger
Jun 28 2021, 05:21 PM
It will not allow me to post on wall. Any fixes for this?

Thanks,
Ann Stowe

Taz D
Jun 28 2021, 05:24 PM
It will not allow me to post on wall. Any fixes for this?

Thanks,
Ann Stowe
Hi Ann,
I moved your post to the subject thread about wall requests posts.
What are you trying to post?
What happens when you try to post?

dleenorris
Jun 30 2021, 03:35 PM
Friend of mine is hoping that somebody will be able to give her some advice. She has a neighbour who posts her facilities (today alone) 5 times and this is taking her timeline to only showing five hours. This means she can no longer see any of her other neighbours' postings meaning that she cannot help them. Is there any way to stop all her postings from showing up on my friends timeline. She has too many neighbours to help by going to their individual pages...will take too long. She doesn't want to un-neighbor her or unfriend her either.

Taz D
Jun 30 2021, 03:48 PM
Friend of mine is hoping that somebody will be able to give her some advice. She has a neighbour who posts her facilities (today alone) 5 times and this is taking her timeline to only showing five hours. This means she can no longer see any of her other neighbours' postings meaning that she cannot help them. Is there any way to stop all her postings from showing up on my friends timeline. She has too many neighbours to help by going to their individual pages...will take too long. She doesn't want to un-neighbor her or unfriend her either.
Hi dleenorris,
I moved your post to the Help & Support section subject thread about the Wall Requests Posts. Please do not post in the Suggest section when you have a question or problem.
I am guess you are talking about the Wall Requests list in the My Requests and not her timeline or newsfeed in Facebook. The Wall Requests only shows up to 100 posts. The only thing she can do is talk to that neighbor or remove them. There isn't any limit on how many times a person can post their facilities.

its.colleen
Jul 06 2021, 11:47 AM
Is it possible to post our requests to our FarmTown neighbors without having them appear on Facebook? I have been told by non players that my Farm Town posts are annoying because there are so many. If there was a way I could post my requests to work my facilities, etc. to ONLY my FarmTown neighbors, that would be a problem solver!

Taz D
Jul 06 2021, 12:00 PM
Is it possible to post our requests to our FarmTown neighbors without having them appear on Facebook? I have been told by non players that my Farm Town posts are annoying because there are so many. If there was a way I could post my requests to work my facilities, etc. to ONLY my FarmTown neighbors, that would be a problem solver!
Hi Colleen,
I moved your post to the subject thread about posts.
If you have the ability in Facebook to create friends lists then you could use one of those instead of sending to all friends by changing who your posts go to iin that pop up.

If not then you have 2 choices.

You can set the Facebook post to go to Only Me. Then only you will see it on Facebook. They will have to find all your posts in the My Requests.
Or you can let your annoyed friends know they chn block all posts from you from Farm Town.

LouTom3
Jul 06 2021, 12:32 PM
Apparently ONLY your neighbors can work your facilities EVEN if you set the "Who can see post" to PUBLIC. Why? If ONLY your neighbors can work why post it for everyone to see? It makes no sense to me!

Taz D
Jul 06 2021, 12:47 PM
Apparently ONLY your neighbors can work your facilities EVEN if you set the "Who can see post" to PUBLIC. Why? If ONLY your neighbors can work why post it for everyone to see? It makes no sense to me!
Hi LouTom,
I moved your post to the subject thread about posts.
Your neighbors and friends who play Farm Town can work your facility posts.

You can find that information in the Game Guide chapter 9 about hiring:

zlady2741
Jul 12 2021, 05:00 PM
I have over 100 FT friends. Is there a way to expand the facility wall requests, after I have worked all those that show up? I would like to go further back, because of how many friends I have. Is that possible?

Taz D
Jul 12 2021, 05:12 PM
I have over 100 FT friends. Is there a way to expand the facility wall requests, after I have worked all those that show up? I would like to go further back, because of how many friends I have. Is that possible?
Hi zlady,
I moved your post to the subject thread about wall requests. I am sorry, but there isn't any way to expand the number of posts shown. It is a database limitation.

Prdmomof3
Jul 13 2021, 01:12 PM
Can we add a delete button to delete already worked facilities? I have so many requests that I forget which ones i have been to. Thank you!

marymarcel
Jul 13 2021, 01:17 PM
Can we add a delete button to delete already worked facilities? I have so many requests that I forget which ones i have been to. Thank you!

Hi prdmomof3 :)

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

When you work facilities and services, those posts turn pink or at least the link turns purple. That is the way to know you have worked them.

If you want to make a suggestion then please post it in our Suggestion section.

You cant open a new thread there but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestions:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Chet Evors
Jul 13 2021, 07:34 PM
Been banned on FaceBook and cannot post my facilities!!
Is there anyway I can just notify my farmer friends when I have posted my facilities?
Never had this problem before so don't understand what could have happened.
Thanks and pray you have a solution for kicked me out for a month this time.
Biased and no freedom of speech on FaceBook site.
God bless ya.

Taz D
Jul 13 2021, 07:41 PM
Been banned on FaceBook and cannot post my facilities!!
Is there anyway I can just notify my farmer friends when I have posted my facilities?
Never had this problem before so don't understand what could have happened.
Thanks and pray you have a solution for kicked me out for a month this time.
Biased and no freedom of speech on FaceBook site.
God bless ya.
Hi Chet Evors,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the wall requests.
I am sorry, but no there isn't any way without being able to post the requests to Facebook. The requests will not post to the wall requests without them being sent first to Facebook.

scrfix@yahoo.com
Jul 18 2021, 07:36 AM
my I.D# 1567282031
when i post my fac's to be worked another's name and pic shows up on facebook wall
can u all help me with this problem??

marymarcel
Jul 18 2021, 08:02 AM
my I.D# 1567282031
when i post my fac's to be worked another's name and pic shows up on facebook wall
can u all help me with this problem??

Hi scrfix :)

Im sorry but there is no way for us to check into this.

I have visited your facebook profile page but as we are not friends then I cant see your posts for the game.

Also, only your friends are able to see your post in FarmTown wall requests.

Is this problem only happening in your facebook profile page or also in your posts for FarmTown wall requests (for the last one you need to ask your friends)

Is this happening everytime you post your facilities?

Sharon A
Jul 20 2021, 06:17 AM
When I post under my name Sharon Spencer Allen it shows under Lisa Allen Hall. After posting 3 or more times it will finally post under the correct name. Why is this doing happening? People can't get my factories and facilities unless they go to my wall directly.

Tiger
Jul 20 2021, 06:37 AM
When I post under my name Sharon Spencer Allen it shows under Lisa Allen Hall. After posting 3 or more times it will finally post under the correct name. Why is this doing happening? People can't get my factories and facilities unless they go to my wall directly.

Hi Sharon A,

I have moved your post to the thread about Wall Requests.

When did this start happening?
Does this happen every time the posts are worked via the Wall Requests page or only sometimes?
Are you friends with Lisa Allen Hall? Is that the avatar name or the Facebook name? Is it always that name that this happens with?
Are the friends that are getting this problem friends with that person?

Please try the following if you have not already done so:
Try clearing your FT memcache. To run memcache Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another browser window. Please also clear your browser caches, close browser, then log out of Facebook and then log back in again and reload the game and see if that corrects the problem. After doing this the first time your farms are loaded, they will load slightly slower as all the graphics need to be loaded from a fresh start.

I am copying your report over to the devs bugs thread for them to see.

lillymc
Jul 21 2021, 12:25 AM
I clicked on one of my FB friend's and neighbor facility request and it took me to a completely different farm for a player named olga.. and it is not Karin's farm town name ..

Tiger
Jul 21 2021, 05:10 AM
I clicked on one of my FB friend's and neighbor facility request and it took me to a completely different farm for a player named olga.. and it is not Karin's farm town name ..

Hi lillymc,

Did you try to work their facilities from a post in your Facebook News Feed or their timeline or was it when clicking on a link in the My Requests page?

This tends to happen when your friend has access to more than one account.
They may be using Facebooks switch user to switch between the accounts on the same device and browser to help their friends out.

The devs have not made any changes, so it may be that Facebook has made some changes which may be causing it.

Please ask your friend either contact support about this so they can work with them or they can try doing the following:

Before switching to another account, close the browser and open it again. Then switch accounts and see if that corrects the problem.

If that doesn’t work, they need to make sure that they still have the log in details for all the accounts, then please ask them to logout of all of the accounts they are using, then close the browser and open it again before they use their own account to post facilities. If that corrects the problem for that account, they can then try the other friends account again and see if the problem comes back again for their own account.

If your friend is not online now to let them know what is happening so they can try this to see if new posts will behave correctly when using My Requests, for you to work their facilities when this happens you can try finding their posts on their Facebook profile and work them from there and see if it takes you to their facilities and lets you work them or if the same problem happens and it takes you to another persons farms.

ssimon
Jul 22 2021, 08:52 AM
Hi, my ID is 1485969562. I have posted my facilities but unfortunately none of my neighbours and FT friends could see! Can you please help? They can see only what I posted yesterday. I restarted the laptop and reloaded the game and posted again but no success.
Look forward to hearing back.
Many thanks and best regards,
Sherene

marymarcel
Jul 22 2021, 08:59 AM
Hi, my ID is 1485969562. I have posted my facilities but unfortunately none of my neighbours and FT friends could see! Can you please help? They can see only what I posted yesterday. I restarted the laptop and reloaded the game and posted again but no success.
Look forward to hearing back.
Many thanks and best regards,
Sherene

Hi Sherene :)

Are you able to see those posts in your facebook profile?

If so, then check the audience for those posts, in case you have changed it to "Only Me". Be sure it is set to Friends, Public, or a List you use.

You can also try the following>

Check is if your security permissions are set correctly:
Open your Facebook settings and click on Privacy
Make sure "Who can see my stuff?" is set to Friends OR Public

Please ask your friends if they can see your posts in their Wall Requests link.

a womack
Jul 22 2021, 01:35 PM
It seems my two FT accounts are getting mixed up pictures and neither of them are consistently posting to the wall for the last few days. Sometimes they will post correctly and other times the pictures for this account will be my pictures from my Marion Womack farm. Sometimes the Marion Womack farm will have the pictures from this account. My neighbors have reported that they are not seeing my posts. I've checked to make sure that all my settings are correct (I've never changed them) and they all show to be correct. It really hurts my advancement (I'm someone who does buy FC) because people can't help me easily from doing my facilities from the FT wall. I'd love to get this fixed as soon as possible. This keeps me from being successful on the NCC because I can't fill those facilities as fast either. Here is my USER ID # 1513992818 I will report from the other account too! Is anyone else having this problem.

marymarcel
Jul 22 2021, 02:27 PM
It seems my two FT accounts are getting mixed up pictures and neither of them are consistently posting to the wall for the last few days. Sometimes they will post correctly and other times the pictures for this account will be my pictures from my Marion Womack farm. Sometimes the Marion Womack farm will have the pictures from this account. My neighbors have reported that they are not seeing my posts. I've checked to make sure that all my settings are correct (I've never changed them) and they all show to be correct. It really hurts my advancement (I'm someone who does buy FC) because people can't help me easily from doing my facilities from the FT wall. I'd love to get this fixed as soon as possible. This keeps me from being successful on the NCC because I can't fill those facilities as fast either. Here is my USER ID # 1513992818 I will report from the other account too! Is anyone else having this problem.

Hi a womack :)

First of all it is not necessary for you to report this problem from the other account.

It seems that this tends to happen when you are managing two different accounts and you have the access for them.
You are probably using the switch user in Facebook to switch between both accounts on the same device and also same browser.

Please try the following:

.- Before switching to the other account, close your browser and then reopen. Then switch accounts and check if that fixed the problem.

.- If that doesnt work, then be sure to log out of both accounts, close the browser and open again. Only log into one account and post from it. Check if the posts are correct. If they are, then you could try the other account to see if everything works correctly.

Developers have not made any changes for posting, so maybe Facebook has changed something that makes the posts show up wrong.

If nothing works for you then you can also contact Support and let them know what is happening.

Farmerette GiGi
Jul 25 2021, 10:49 PM
No clue where to post my message so I'll post here and it can be moved to the appropriate thread if it doesn't belong here.

I clicked on a neighbors post to work his facilities and received the message in the screenshot. I tried it several times and continued to get that message. I have no idea who kikay is. Mark's account is the only one that I had this problem with. :confused:

I've jumped through all the usual hoops, to no avail. Is this a FB glitch or is it on the end of FT? Thanks!

Taz D
Jul 25 2021, 10:57 PM
No clue where to post my message so I'll post here and it can be moved to the appropriate thread if it doesn't belong here.

I clicked on a neighbors post to work his facilities and received the message in the screenshot. I tried it several times and continued to get that message. I have no idea who kikay is. Mark's account is the only one that I had this problem with. :confused:

I've jumped through all the usual hoops, to no avail. Is this a FB glitch or is it on the end of FT? Thanks!
Hi GiGi,
It seems that this tends to happen when a farmer is managing two different accounts so they have the access for them both.
They are probably using the switch user in Facebook to switch between both accounts on the same device and also same browser.

You will need to let them know this is happening and Ttey can try the following:

.- Before switching to the other account, close the browser and then reopen. Then switch accounts and check if that fixed the problem.

.- If that doesnt work, then they have to be sure to log out of both accounts, close the browser and open again. Only log into one account and post from it. Check if the posts are correct. If they are, then they could try the other account to see if everything works correctly.

The Developers have not made any changes for posting, so maybe Facebook has changed something that makes the posts show up wrong.

If nothing works for them then they can also contact Support and let them know what is happening.

Farmerette GiGi
Jul 26 2021, 03:58 AM
Hi GiGi,
It seems that this tends to happen when a farmer is managing two different accounts so they have the access for them both.

They are probably using the switch user in Facebook to switch between both accounts on the same device and also same browser.

You will need to let them know this is happening and They can try the following:

.- Before switching to the other account, close the browser and then reopen. Then switch accounts and check if that fixed the problem.

.- If that doesnt work, then they have to be sure to log out of both accounts, close the browser and open again. Only log into one account and post from it. Check if the posts are correct. If they are, then they could try the other account to see if everything works correctly.

The Developers have not made any changes for posting, so maybe Facebook has changed something that makes the posts show up wrong.

If nothing works for them then they can also contact Support and let them know what is happening.

Thanks for the reply, Taz. I did send him a message and let him know about the problem. I will now share this info with him. Again, thank you.

1FishWife
Aug 03 2021, 04:31 AM
Good morning,
On several occasions when trying to work the facilities/services of one of my neighbours - who is my superneighbour - I get taken back to my own farm and the message 'Sorry this job invitation is reserved for my friends only'
I only get the message on his all other neighbours the work is fine.
My user ID is 1058656474

Tiger
Aug 03 2021, 05:01 AM
Good morning,
On several occasions when trying to work the facilities/services of one of my neighbours - who is my superneighbour - I get taken back to my own farm and the message 'Sorry this job invitation is reserved for my friends only'
I only get the message on his all other neighbours the work is fine.
My user ID is 1058656474

Hi1FishWife,

I have moved your post to Help and Support for newsfeed and wall requests.

This tends to happen when someone has access to more than one account.
They may be using Facebooks switch user to switch between the accounts on the same device and or browser to help their friends out.

The devs have not made any changes, so it may be that Facebook has made some changes which may be causing it.

Please ask your friend either contact support about this so they can work with them or they can contact the friend that has access to their account and ask them to try the following:

Before switching to another account, close the browser and open it again. Then switch accounts and see if that corrects the problem.

Log out of all of the accounts they are using, then close the browser and open it again before they use their own account to post facilities. If that corrects the problem for that account, they can then try the other friends account again and see if the problem comes back again for their own account

If your friend is not online now to let them know what is happening, for you to work their facilities you can try finding their posts on their Facebook profile and work them from there and see if it takes you to their facilities and lets you work them or if the same problem happens and it takes you to another persons farms.

1FishWife
Aug 03 2021, 05:36 AM
Thank you for your reply,

That makes sense - he doesn't have two accounts but he does have my login details to help with my quests.

Thanks again,

frmrfbi
Aug 07 2021, 04:29 PM
i am trying to work my neighbors' facilities but yesterday they started acting weird and I cannot do them. Attached is a shot of what they are doing. Please help me. Thank you. frmrfbi 1682600615

Taz D
Aug 07 2021, 05:00 PM
i am trying to work my neighbors' facilities but yesterday they started acting weird and I cannot do them. Attached is a shot of what they are doing. Please help me. Thank you. frmrfbi 1682600615
Hi frmrfbi,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the wall requests.
I am sorry, but your pictures are too small to read what the message says. Please let us know what it says.

frmrfbi
Aug 07 2021, 07:22 PM
this is about the attachments that are 2 small for you to read. The first one says-
I will complete all 204 (or 24,000 on another etc.) facilities in this farm for you because you have 10 or more freight cars dispatched.
The 2nd one says -
The mayor just sent 42751 products to your storage! There is no more work here, you may want to check other farms. PLEASE HELP. THANKS YOU frmrfbi

Taz D
Aug 07 2021, 07:27 PM
this is about the attachments that are 2 small for you to read. The first one says-
I will complete all 204 (or 24,000 on another etc.) facilities in this farm for you because you have 10 or more freight cars dispatched.
The 2nd one says -
The mayor just sent 42751 products to your storage! There is no more work here, you may want to check other farms. PLEASE HELP. THANKS YOU frmrfbi
Hi Frmrfbi,
That sounds like all your trains are not dispatched. If you have unloaded your trains and not dispatched them again then they do not count for the facility work.

mo54862
Aug 08 2021, 10:17 AM
I can only work 1 farm at a time when working neighbor facilities from the wall.
I've always been able to work ALL farms but in the last week or so it only allows 1 farm at a time to be worked. I have to go to EACH and EVERY farm to work them manually.

I have 3 trains dispatched and it has always expedited working facilities correctly until the situation.

So how do I know if I got my bonuses like I was suppose to receive them.

I don't have time to work 20-40 farms for ALL 62 of my neighbors manually.

Some of my neighbors that I have asked are NOT experiencing this issue.

WHAT HAPPENED ?

Taz D
Aug 08 2021, 10:38 AM
I can only work 1 farm at a time when working neighbor facilities from the wall.
I've always been able to work ALL farms but in the last week or so it only allows 1 farm at a time to be worked. I have to go to EACH and EVERY farm to work them manually.

I have 3 trains dispatched and it has always expedited working facilities correctly until the situation.

So how do I know if I got my bonuses like I was suppose to receive them.

I don't have time to work 20-40 farms for ALL 62 of my neighbors manually.

Some of my neighbors that I have asked are NOT experiencing this issue.

WHAT HAPPENED ?
Hi Mo,
I moved your post to the subject thread about working on wall requests as that is the first part of your post.
The reason this is happening is because not all the cars on your trains are dispatched. Did you move these trains either to a different farm or relocated them on the same farm? When you do this you need to use only the yellow freestyle hand or less. The green and purple hand will not allign them correctly.

The train on farm 2 is showing only 7 of the cars dispatched and the train on farm 3 is showing only 3 cars dispatched. You will need to wait until they return, unload them and then rework them to get the rest of the cars connected.
Until you do get them reconnected correctly you will not be getting the bonuses nor will the trains help fully with facility work.

mo54862
Aug 08 2021, 02:51 PM
Taz, yes, i did move the trains but they are showing connected when I mouse over the engines ALL cars are highlighted. I do see now that if I open the train status that F2 train is only showing 7 cars out but WHY do they highlight if the cars are not connected properly ? And if I move them off and reconnect them HOW DO I CHECK THAT THEY ARE REALLY CONNECTED after re-doing them ?

I moved the trains cause it would NOT let me plow under them and I wanted them at the top out of the way so any changes I needed to make would not mess up the center of my fields again. It let me plow under the train with Flash Player but with the new migration it WILL NOT let me plow under the train. Can you or can you not plow under the train ? Am I doing it wrong and that is the reason my plots will NOT go under the train ?

Taz D
Aug 08 2021, 03:09 PM
Taz, yes, i did move the trains but they are showing connected when I mouse over the engines ALL cars are highlighted. I do see now that if I open the train status that F2 train is only showing 7 cars out but WHY do they highlight if the cars are not connected properly ? And if I move them off and reconnect them HOW DO I CHECK THAT THEY ARE REALLY CONNECTED after re-doing them ?

I moved the trains cause it would NOT let me plow under them and I wanted them at the top out of the way so any changes I needed to make would not mess up the center of my fields again. It let me plow under the train with Flash Player but with the new migration it WILL NOT let me plow under the train. Can you or can you not plow under the train ? Am I doing it wrong and that is the reason my plots will NOT go under the train ?
Hi Mo,
First you can see if all the cars are connected in the train manager. When you open the train in that it opens to Freight Cars. Only the cars that are connected to the train correctly will show. The rest are faded out. Again do not use the green or purple hands to place your train cars as those all overlapping and the cars do not connect correctly.

Plowing under the trains is layering and I am sorry but we can not give or allow instructions about layering to be posted in the forums.

kevmac
Aug 13 2021, 04:53 AM
Myself and some other fellow players have recently noticed that not being able to work all farms( of someone else) when we have two fully loaded and despatched trains. Have the rules changed or is there a hiccup

Tiger
Aug 13 2021, 05:23 AM
Myself and some other fellow players have recently noticed that not being able to work all farms( of someone else) when we have two fully loaded and despatched trains. Have the rules changed or is there a hiccup

Hi kevmac,

I have moved your post to the thread about news feed and wall requests as that's where you will likley be working ffriends facilities from.

The usual culprits for this are:

Trains not dispatched or not enough with 10 different long cars dispatched.
Dispatched trains have long cars that are not quite correctly connected so it's not got 10 long cars carrying goods on them.
Duplicate long cars on the train when there are only 10 long cars on the train, they can only have one of each long car per train.

Open each of your dispatched trains and click on the Fright Cars section, you will then be able to count them and see if all the long cars are showing up and carrying goods. Any that are not connected right will not show up and what you will need to do is wait for the train to return, unload it, then reconnect the cars again and make sure that in the Freight cars section all the long cars you have on the train all of them are showing up not greyed out before you dispatch it.

sunshineann
Aug 13 2021, 05:45 AM
Cannot see post for assistance on my wall.

Tiger
Aug 13 2021, 05:54 AM
Cannot see post for assistance on my wall.

Hi sunshineann,

I'm sorry but you will need to provide more information.

What posts are you not seeing, your own game posts or some else' posts?
What kind of posts are they.....facility requests, ingredients, bonuses?
Where are you not seeing them.... Facebook news feed or profile, Facility Wall Requests or Other Wall Requests?

Qivis
Aug 13 2021, 07:08 AM
Hi sunshineann,

I'm sorry but you will need to provide more information.

What posts are you not seeing, your own game posts or some else' posts?
What kind of posts are they.....facility requests, ingredients, bonuses?
Where are you not seeing them.... Facebook news feed or profile, Facility Wall Requests or Other Wall Requests?

Hi Tiger and anyone else reading this... (user 602895328)

The link in the My Requests tab to create a list of requests for boosts with factories and shops is not working at the moment. Nor is the Send Gifts tab working. This is only a guess, but I am assuming that Facebook has messed things up for Slashkey again and we will have to wait for a workaround.

Tiger
Aug 13 2021, 07:15 AM
Hi Tiger and anyone else reading this... (user 602895328)

The link in the My Requests tab to create a list of requests for boosts with factories and shops is not working at the moment. Nor is the Send Gifts tab working. This is only a guess, but I am assuming that Facebook has messed things up for Slashkey again and we will have to wait for a workaround.

Hi Qivis,

My response to sunshineann is for their issue with seeing posts.

Your issue is with the friends lists not loading for gifting and boosting, which you already posted about in the gifts thread and Taz replied to you about that.

lindasue6
Aug 13 2021, 08:16 AM
I have no one on my wall with work requests??? Below my farm where it shows those who have helped me or given gifts, etc., no names are listed. All are shown as "someone." Sorry I don't know how I'm really supposed to ask for help, but I'd really appreciate some. My id is 1531468114. Thanks, Sue English (lindasue6 on this forum)

marymarcel
Aug 13 2021, 08:42 AM
I have no one on my wall with work requests??? Below my farm where it shows those who have helped me or given gifts, etc., no names are listed. All are shown as "someone." Sorry I don't know how I'm really supposed to ask for help, but I'd really appreciate some. My id is 1531468114. Thanks, Sue English (lindasue6 on this forum)

Hi lindasue :)

I moved your post to the thread about Newsfeed and Wall Requests Posts.

Are you able to see your friends lists for sending gifts and/or trains?

It seems there is a problem transfering data from facebook to the game, as you know lists of friends and posts for the game go through facebook.

You can try clearing your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farms and check if you can see the requests.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

You can also try to restart your computer and see if you get the requests.

If nothings helps, then it will probably fix itself after a few hours . Let us know how it goes please.

GR8L8K8
Aug 21 2021, 03:34 PM
Posting for a neighbor, because, for reasons unknown to him, he is not allowed to post.
When my neighbor tries to work my facility wall requests, he is taken to my farm and receives a popup that says "Do you want to work on facilities now and receive 2 farm cash?" but he is not given the opportunity to do so. This only happens when he tries to work my facilities, He is able to work facility requests for all other neighbors. and he gets the same popup whenever he comes to my farm, not only when he tries to work my facility requests. We've tried removing each other as neighbors and the same thing happens.
This seems like an old Farm Town thing. His account is newly reactivated, could that have something to do with what is happing?

Taz D
Aug 21 2021, 03:47 PM
Posting for a neighbor, because, for reasons unknown to him, he is not allowed to post.
When my neighbor tries to work my facility wall requests, he is taken to my farm and receives a popup that says "Do you want to work on facilities now and receive 2 farm cash?" but he is not given the opportunity to do so. This only happens when he tries to work my facilities, He is able to work facility requests for all other neighbors. and he gets the same popup whenever he comes to my farm, not only when he tries to work my facility requests. We've tried removing each other as neighbors and the same thing happens.
This seems like an old Farm Town thing. His account is newly reactivated, could that have something to do with what is happing?
Hi GR8L8K8,
I moved your post to the subject thread about wall requests. Your neighbor probably can not post here because they did not complete the registration. Instructions on what to do are in the following linbk:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621566

It is an old thing, probably left over because they did not do it before it being deactivated earlier. Have the neighbor getting this try clearing their memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

If that doesn't work they will need to contact Support. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Delbet
Aug 27 2021, 03:33 AM
I am unable to see who has farms to work on the wall and who has worked my farms. It is always someone. Otherwise the new formay is great, been away for a while but pleased to be back:)

Tiger
Aug 27 2021, 04:50 AM
I am unable to see who has farms to work on the wall and who has worked my farms. It is always someone. Otherwise the new formay is great, been away for a while but pleased to be back:)

Hi Delbet,

I have moved your post to the thread for display issues.

Has this just happened today or have you had this for a while?

If you are seeing this on all the majority of where friends first names would show like the activity panel beneath your game screen, the my neighbours tab, wall requests then it sounds like you have either cookies and popups (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118)blocked or perhaps an extension added to the browser that may be blocking them.

If it's only one or a few it can mean there's a data transfer issue getting the information about who your friends are from Facebook. In those cases you will usually see that in the my neighbours tab the name won't show, the profile picture might not show and some of the stats within a box are showing 0 and they may be at the very bottom of the list if the game can't see when they were last playing.

Another reason could be that the friend connection has been broken but if they are working your facilities then it's more likely to be a temporary data transfer issue.

These are the things you can try to see if you can correct it:

The quickest one is to run memcache. To run memcache Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another browser window. Then reload and see if that has helped clear the problem.

After that if there are still quite a few showing someone instead of a name:

make sure that your browser is still up to date
clear the browsers caches/history
checking that cookies and pops are not blocked in the browser settings. If you need help with that we have instructions for the most common browsers used here: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

disabling any extensions added to the browser, especially any that may alter the way Facebook looks perhaps to hide ads or change the way it looks and now we are away from flash you don't need the farm town flash enabler any more.

If you make any changes to your browser, please close it for a few minutes to make sure those changes get saved, some browsers will prompt you to relaunch the browser, some don't.

Palmarina
Aug 28 2021, 01:48 AM
USER ID number ( 1145656868 )

Hello , as of yesterday I cann't receive any gifts anymore. Below the farm the avatars of my neighbours don't load and if I want to receive their daily gifts there is nothing in my gift box and the counter on the "my requests" tab does not change and when I click on that tab again the gifts are there again.
I cleared memcache, cleared the cache in Chrome, used another browser firefox and cleared the cache there too. Nothing helps.
The quests seem to work normal.
Can you adivse what to do now please?

barbaraelwart
Aug 28 2021, 03:08 AM
Just to let you know I and others I have spoken to have a problem with gifting, no profile pic and when you accept all and return all and then refresh page, the same ones come up again and again. Also when you go to Facility Wall requests there are no profile pics and it just says 'Someone' . Bottom of farm where it tells you who has helped etc no profile pics and just says 'Someone'

Seems there are many glitches lately ! Hopefully this will get sorted sometime soon.

NooNoo
Aug 28 2021, 03:23 AM
Morning,

Since last night all the facility requests on the "FT Wall" as I call it, don't show any names. Instead there is just "Someone" . There is no hyperlink so it's not possible to go to the originating wall.

If you click to do the facility you do go to a person's farm and you are able to work the facilities and find out who's facilities you are doing.

I am currently playing guess who it is that posted :)

As I said this started for me around 12 hours ago. I have cleared memcache, cookies, browser cache and checked the padlock cookie settings etc, but no difference.

Using Chrome and Windows 10

tina7447
Aug 28 2021, 03:35 AM
Good morning. I have same problem with not being able to accept gifts. Tried everything that I am aware of to fix this but no joy. Thank you, Tina.

Tiger
Aug 28 2021, 04:29 AM
USER ID number ( 1145656868 )

Hello , as of yesterday I cann't receive any gifts anymore. Below the farm the avatars of my neighbours don't load and if I want to receive their daily gifts there is nothing in my gift box and the counter on the "my requests" tab does not change and when I click on that tab again the gifts are there again.
I cleared memcache, cleared the cache in Chrome, used another browser firefox and cleared the cache there too. Nothing helps.
The quests seem to work normal.
Can you adivse what to do now please?

Just to let you know I and others I have spoken to have a problem with gifting, no profile pic and when you accept all and return all and then refresh page, the same ones come up again and again. Also when you go to Facility Wall requests there are no profile pics and it just says 'Someone' . Bottom of farm where it tells you who has helped etc no profile pics and just says 'Someone'

Seems there are many glitches lately ! Hopefully this will get sorted sometime soon.

Morning,

Since last night all the facility requests on the "FT Wall" as I call it, don't show any names. Instead there is just "Someone" . There is no hyperlink so it's not possible to go to the originating wall.

If you click to do the facility you do go to a person's farm and you are able to work the facilities and find out who's facilities you are doing.

As I said this started for me around 12 hours ago. I have cleared memcache, cookies, browser cache and checked the padlock cookie settings etc, but no difference.

Good morning. I have same problem with not being able to accept gifts. Tried everything that I am aware of to fix this but no joy. Thank you, Tina.

Hi Palmarina, barbaraelwart, NooNoo, tina7447,

I've moved your posts to the thread about wall requests.

We are aware of the recent issue that is affecting some but not all Farm Town players, that when you have someone showing up for your friends in wall requests instead of their 1st names that it is also causing a problem with gifts.

The developers have been notified about this problem and it appears to be another Facebook issue getting the relevant data from Facebook.

Those of you that have not checked the following yet, please do any that you have not already done to make sure none of these could be part of the problem, but if they don't help we may have to wait for Facebook to fix this:

Check your browser is still showing up to date and that cookies and popups (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118) are still allowed in your browser.
Try another browser to make sure the issue is not browser related.
Try clearing your FT memcache. To run memcache Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", which is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another browser window.

If you have made any changes to your browser, please close it, then reopen it and reload to see if that has helped clear the problem at all.

BrotherGary
Aug 28 2021, 07:56 PM
I am having some issues. How often should we be able to work our neighbor's facilities? I try to keep on some sort of a schedule so I can help contribute to the weekly NCC and lately most of my neighbor's are still showing in pink and I know that it has been Well Over 12 hours since I last worked their facilities and they still show in pink and when I try anyways, The Mayor says that I have already worked them. This is not fair for the NCC. Is there a way to reset me so I can work my neighbor's facilities again? Is this a glitch that the developers are aware of? Please help. Thank you.

Taz D
Aug 28 2021, 08:05 PM
I am having some issues. How often should we be able to work our neighbor's facilities? I try to keep on some sort of a schedule so I can help contribute to the weekly NCC and lately most of my neighbor's are still showing in pink and I know that it has been Well Over 12 hours since I last worked their facilities and they still show in pink and when I try anyways, The Mayor says that I have already worked them. This is not fair for the NCC. Is there a way to reset me so I can work my neighbor's facilities again? Is this a glitch that the developers are aware of? Please help. Thank you.
Hi BrotherGary,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread and the wall requests.
Working Neighbors Facilities: This is to explain the time between working a neighbours facilities before you can rework that same neighbor's post again. To simplify the answer it was originally stated that you had to wait a day.
Notice that if you spend at least 8 straight hours in a day without playing farmtown (when you sleep, eat breakfast, etc, most people will fall in this category) then you will in fact be able to work your friends facilities at least once per day. If you want to work them say twice per day, you will have to work them all say in the morning, 9AM, and then do not work anymore facilities until after 5 PM, after that time you will be able to work them all again. The key point is that you will be able to work ALL your friends facilities after 8 hours has passed since the LAST facilities you worked. Basically what this is saying is that after you have worked a neighbours facility there must be a gap of 8 hours, where you do not work any facilities, before you can work the neighbours facility again.

Grumpdad
Aug 29 2021, 04:08 AM

I have as well as a number of friends been getting this for the past 36 to 48 hours, the feed under the farm are blue and white silhouettes and someone did this or that, gifts are the same and once collected you have to visit the gift page to remove them as they stay put, facility feeds are again silhouettes and someone, I have cleared memcashe, cleared browsing history, make sure the browser is up to date, even tried 3 other browsers, all do the same thing. I have tried my wife's account on the same browsers and hers works fine.
USER ID number ( 100000972397961 )

Tiger
Aug 29 2021, 05:24 AM
I have as well as a number of friends been getting this for the past 36 to 48 hours, the feed under the farm are blue and white silhouettes and someone did this or that, gifts are the same and once collected you have to visit the gift page to remove them as they stay put, facility feeds are again silhouettes and someone, I have cleared memcashe, cleared browsing history, make sure the browser is up to date, even tried 3 other browsers, all do the same thing. I have tried my wife's account on the same browsers and hers works fine.
USER ID number ( 100000972397961 )

Hi Grumpdad,

We are aware that this someone problem is not affecting everyone, it does seem to have spread to some more players. The developers are aware of this but it seems to be an issue retrieving data from Facebook about who your friends are that Facebook may need to fix. If you have not already done so you can report this to support (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/) if you wish they have an idea of how many this is affecting.

While you have this problem if you want to carry on accepting gifts, you will need to continue clearing the ones already accepted along with any train boosts you have already boosted out of the Facebooks Game Activity area (https://www.facebook.com/games/activity) then refresh my requests to see them gone from there as well so you can get to more gifts.

pacwlens
Aug 30 2021, 09:31 PM
My FT number - 1035802694
How do I get my neighbours names back onto my Facility Wall all it shows is 'someone'.
Appreciate any help you can give me
Thank you

Taz D
Aug 30 2021, 09:45 PM
My FT number - 1035802694
How do I get my neighbours names back onto my Facility Wall all it shows is 'someone'.
Appreciate any help you can give me
Thank you
Hi pacwlens,
Unfortunately there is nothing you or we can do to get those names back on your wall requests. This is a problem with data transfer from Facebook to Farm Town for some players, but not all. The developers are aware of it, but it is a problem from Facebook, so there is nothing they can do to fix this. Facebook will have to fix the issue.

NooNoo
Sep 03 2021, 03:51 AM
Morning,

This morning I was delighted to get the names/links back... but it was short lived :(

I refreshed when I finished the list and it went back to someone again :(:(

Then I refreshed the wall again and they were back again :) :)

Tiger
Sep 03 2021, 04:55 AM
This morning I was delighted to get the names/links back... but it was short lived :(

I refreshed when I finished the list and it went back to someone again :(:(

Then I refreshed the wall again and they were back again :) :)

Hi NooNoo thank you for your report, a fix was released last night to try and correct this which were are testing to make sure it stays fixed. If you get any further problems please come back and let us know.

If you had any stuck train requests in my requests those still need to be cleared manually from my requests, when you try to boost those you will see the already a day ahead/returned home or expired messages but those should clear fine.

OzzieOzzOzz
Sep 05 2021, 02:55 PM
It is a monumental you are undertaking. Thanks for making the ne version so user-friendly.
A few friends and I noticed the following:
1. The Mayor displays a message I ALREADY WORKED THIS FARM, when it is IMPOSSIBLE. Example: I was away for a day and a half, started working on a friend's farm. She was away for 6 months. I got OOPS on the Clients but not the factories. Sometimes the OOPS is on some farms and not the rest.
2. It may be related to the above, my Utilization is different for different farms, A friend and I ran a test on the OOPS. I told her I was oopsed on some farms, and those farms showed lower utilization.
3. Sometimes I am directed from a link to a friend on the request sheet, and I land on a different farm, sometimes a mutual friend, sometimes a random stranger
Once again, I appreciate the effort you have expended so far, Keep up the good work

Taz D
Sep 05 2021, 03:08 PM
It is a monumental you are undertaking. Thanks for making the ne version so user-friendly.
A few friends and I noticed the following:
1. The Mayor displays a message I ALREADY WORKED THIS FARM, when it is IMPOSSIBLE. Example: I was away for a day and a half, started working on a friend's farm. She was away for 6 months. I got OOPS on the Clients but not the factories. Sometimes the OOPS is on some farms and not the rest.
2. It may be related to the above, my Utilization is different for different farms, A friend and I ran a test on the OOPS. I told her I was oopsed on some farms, and those farms showed lower utilization.
3. Sometimes I am directed from a link to a friend on the request sheet, and I land on a different farm, sometimes a mutual friend, sometimes a random stranger
Once again, I appreciate the effort you have expended so far, Keep up the good work
Hi OzzieOzzOzz,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about the Wall Requests.
We are aware about #3. It is something Facebook has changed and it happens when users have more than one account.
For 1 & 2 it may be that there was not enough left for you to work. The mayor doesn't have a message for saying that.
I will copy your mpost to the closed thread for the developers to check on this.

OzzieOzzOzz
Sep 07 2021, 12:22 PM
Dear Taz.
Thanks for your reply.
Over the past week, I did the following checks on the above points, to check the random nature.
1. Going to the wrong farm. on 2 links from Neighbor A, I was directed to Neighbor B, who is a mutual friend and neighbor. They are two different people, not the same person with two accounts.
2. 14 out of 42 help links had some random OOPS, helped. In one instance, in the same neighbor., I had 17 farms worked, 2 were OOPsed completely, and 5 had both OOPs AND Work. I MADE SURE I DID NOT WORK ANYWHERE FOR 18 HOURS. That neighbor told me she just refilled them and 'saw me working them'.
3. Yesterday, I just filled my farms 100%. A friend worked them, Noticed one OOPS. Sure enough, one farm was still full others at 80%
Please do not dismiss those as random, I am sure these errors do pop up for others as well.
thanks for your attention.

Taz D
Sep 07 2021, 01:55 PM
Dear Taz.
Thanks for your reply.
Over the past week, I did the following checks on the above points, to check the random nature.
1. Going to the wrong farm. on 2 links from Neighbor A, I was directed to Neighbor B, who is a mutual friend and neighbor. They are two different people, not the same person with two accounts.
2. 14 out of 42 help links had some random OOPS, helped. In one instance, in the same neighbor., I had 17 farms worked, 2 were OOPsed completely, and 5 had both OOPs AND Work. I MADE SURE I DID NOT WORK ANYWHERE FOR 18 HOURS. That neighbor told me she just refilled them and 'saw me working them'.
3. Yesterday, I just filled my farms 100%. A friend worked them, Noticed one OOPS. Sure enough, one farm was still full others at 80%
Please do not dismiss those as random, I am sure these errors do pop up for others as well.
thanks for your attention.
Hi OzzieOzzOzz,
I will copy you post to the closed thread for the developers to check. That is all we can do.
If you wish you may contact Support concerning this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

MikeYoung55
Sep 13 2021, 10:43 PM
Got a weird bug today when going through my facilities wall requests. Tried to do facilities for one of my neighbours but was taken to a totally different farm (one of her neighbours as it turns out). Naturally it told me the request was reserved for neighbors only, but why was it on my wall and why did it have the name and picture of my neighbor rather than the person who actually posted it? I found the original by going to my neighbor's wall and noticing that one of her friends had a name matching the farm I was taken to. Found the posts (with correct name and picture on her friend's wall.
I have screen shots but not sure how to post them here.
My neighbor is Shelley: https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000274096891
The wall post was: https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100001594417958&farm_ix=7&facility_id=scF&facility_time=1631585548&facility_sig=75494bff562538b47323fbc9f10fcf72
Brenda is one of Shelley's neighbors but not mine. Links was on my wall with Shelley's name and picture.

Taz D
Sep 13 2021, 10:55 PM
Got a weird bug today when going through my facilities wall requests. Tried to do facilities for one of my neighbours but was taken to a totally different farm (one of her neighbours as it turns out). Naturally it told me the request was reserved for neighbors only, but why was it on my wall and why did it have the name and picture of my neighbor rather than the person who actually posted it? I found the original by going to my neighbor's wall and noticing that one of her friends had a name matching the farm I was taken to. Found the posts (with correct name and picture on her friend's wall.
I have screen shots but not sure how to post them here.
My neighbor is Shelley: https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000274096891
The wall post was: https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100001594417958&farm_ix=7&facility_id=scF&facility_time=1631585548&facility_sig=75494bff562538b47323fbc9f10fcf72
Brenda is one of Shelley's neighbors but not mine. Links was on my wall with Shelley's name and picture.
Hi MikeYoung,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about the wall requests.
This happens when they are using 2 accounts or helping a neighbor by logging into their account and posting for them. It is something Facebook has changed something that is not passing on the correct data. So you get the wrong wall request.
This usually happens if they use the Switch User in Facebook. The best way for this not to happen is for them to use a different browser for each account.

MikeYoung55
Sep 15 2021, 07:09 AM
Thanks Taz, that is quite likely to have been the case with this set of posts as they are relatives. Mike

dpruitt43@yahoo.com
Sep 26 2021, 06:47 PM
USER ID number ( 1189314268 )

For the past few days, my and some others have our posts to work our facilities and clients posting to the wall but not to our Profile page.:confused:

Taz D
Sep 26 2021, 07:19 PM
USER ID number ( 1189314268 )

For the past few days, my and some others have our posts to work our facilities and clients posting to the wall but not to our Profile page.:confused:
Hi Dpruitt,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the wall requests and Facebook newsfeed.
As long as you are completing the Facebook post pop up then they should show to you at least.
Are you seeing that pop up? If not then it won't show on your profile. You need to make sure you have cookies and pop ups allowed. Instructions are in the following link:
If you are seeing the pop up make sure the security is set to friends or public for it to show for others.

alicepryor
Oct 01 2021, 10:18 AM
My husband and i both play Farmtown on the same computer. his ID is:100000109353948. when i post my facilities or requests it uses his farm and not mine. i am. i have tried on my end to clarify addresses but it keeps confusing us up. i can work his farm and he mine but we can not work each other facilities. please advise what i need to do to straighten out this issue. thank you so much

Taz D
Oct 01 2021, 10:26 AM
My husband and i both play Farmtown on the same computer. his ID is:100000109353948. when i post my facilities or requests it uses his farm and not mine. i am. i have tried on my end to clarify addresses but it keeps confusing us up. i can work his farm and he mine but we can not work each other facilities. please advise what i need to do to straighten out this issue. thank you so much
Hi Alicepryor,
I moved your post to the subject thread about posting.
This is a problem that has been caused by Facebook changing something with the switch user. You will need to try a couple ways to prevent this.

Try both of you logging out of Facebook. Then each of you will have to log in to Facebook, do whatever posting you want to do in Farm Town and then log out of Facebook. Then the other one can log in and do the same.

If that does not work then try each of you using a different browser for the game.

dpruitt43@yahoo.com
Oct 06 2021, 06:34 PM
I got no reply to my question but all is working as it should now.

marymarcel
Oct 06 2021, 06:42 PM
I got no reply to my question but all is working as it should now.

Hi dpruitt43 :)

When you posted the first time, your post was moved and answered in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6466102#post6466102

We usually move posts to official threads, so if you dont find your post and the possible answers, please read the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

Palmarina
Oct 10 2021, 12:28 PM
Hi
I worked factories and services of some of my neigbours this morning.
It is evening now here and the requests look odd. For each neighbour one request is still pink and can't be worked. The other request is uncoloured and can be worked.
Is it just me or is there a bug?

marymarcel
Oct 10 2021, 02:02 PM
Hi
I worked factories and services of some of my neigbours this morning.
It is evening now here and the requests look odd. For each neighbour one request is still pink and can't be worked. The other request is uncoloured and can be worked.
Is it just me or is there a bug?

Hi Palmarina :)

Are all your neighbors requests in the wall request showing one pink one uncoloured or only some of them?

What color is the link "Click here to help" for the uncoloured request?

If that link is purple, I can only tell you that has happened to me when I worked the facilities but not all of them had available work by the time I visited them.
Then the request shows uncoloured but the link is purple and lets me work again. But when I enter the farms, I can only work the farms where those empty facilities were refilled, the rest of the farms show me the Oops message.

Palmarina
Oct 11 2021, 12:21 AM
Hi Taz, I will come back this evening.
I am now (early morning here) working my neighbours' facilities and will check the colours this evening, just to be sure that I give the correct answers.
Palmarina

Are all your neighbors requests in the wall request showing one pink one uncoloured or only some of them?

If that link is purple, I can only tell you that has happened to me when I worked the facilities but not all of them had available work by the time I visited them.
Then the request shows uncoloured but the link is purple and lets me work again. But when I enter the farms, I can only work the farms where those empty facilities were refilled, the rest of the farms show me the Oops message.

Palmarina
Oct 12 2021, 05:24 AM
Hi, I think it was something temporarily. It is all good now.
Thank you.

marymarcel
Oct 12 2021, 08:05 AM
Hi, I think it was something temporarily. It is all good now.
Thank you.

Glad it is fixed for you now and thanks for coming back to let us know :)

Sundos
Oct 18 2021, 10:00 AM
I always have problems with forums.. but I cannot find anything about this.

First. The posting of bonuses, facilities, ingredients .. is taking longer and longer for iot to come up .. been dealing with this for about 2 weeks now.

Second. When I post bonuses or work in facilities SOMETIMES it posts with a picture of the pig. Not of the facilities or not of the items.

Third. When I might finally get it without the pig (and without any picture) then I go look at my page and it is posted right, with the picture of the item or the facility. YEA!

Fourth. When I click to share it to a group for bonuses or ingredients AGAIN I may get the PIG or I may get no picture. If I share the pig I labeled it as what the item is and I do NOT receive ANY of this item for the next how ever many hours it is left. So I miss out on those bonuses (meadowsweet was the first I noticed this on about a week ago).

Fifth. If I copy the link of the correctly posted item on my page and go to the group to share it I can paste the link and then SOMETIMES the pig shows up again GRRRRR! and so I labeled it again what the post is actually for AND I GET NOTHING from that post!!

Fifth ALSO. If I copy and paste and it is the pig SOMETIMES I can cancel that post before I click return and repaste the link and it MIGHT NOT BE THE PIG and is the right item and then I can delete the pasted link above the picture of the item and say thanks to those that help me.

Taz D
Oct 18 2021, 10:16 AM
I always have problems with forums.. but I cannot find anything about this.

First. The posting of bonuses, facilities, ingredients .. is taking longer and longer for iot to come up .. been dealing with this for about 2 weeks now.

Second. When I post bonuses or work in facilities SOMETIMES it posts with a picture of the pig. Not of the facilities or not of the items.

Third. When I might finally get it without the pig (and without any picture) then I go look at my page and it is posted right, with the picture of the item or the facility. YEA!

Fourth. When I click to share it to a group for bonuses or ingredients AGAIN I may get the PIG or I may get no picture. If I share the pig I labeled it as what the item is and I do NOT receive ANY of this item for the next how ever many hours it is left. So I miss out on those bonuses (meadowsweet was the first I noticed this on about a week ago).

Fifth. If I copy the link of the correctly posted item on my page and go to the group to share it I can paste the link and then SOMETIMES the pig shows up again GRRRRR! and so I labeled it again what the post is actually for AND I GET NOTHING from that post!!

Fifth ALSO. If I copy and paste and it is the pig SOMETIMES I can cancel that post before I click return and repaste the link and it MIGHT NOT BE THE PIG and is the right item and then I can delete the pasted link above the picture of the item and say thanks to those that help me.
Hi Sundos,
I moved your post to the subject thread about Newsfeed and wall posts.

There are instructions in the following link for how to post in the forums:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635854
Please try to find a thread that is about the subject of your thread instead of just posting in the top thread of the Help & Support section.

The posting to your newsfeed is a Facebook pop up. Farm Town has no control over how fast or slow it shows on your screen.

There isn't anything that can be done about the generic pig graphic showing specially when you are copy and pasting as that function is within Facebook and sometimes the right graphic may not copy.

Sundos
Oct 18 2021, 10:29 AM
Hi Sundos,
I moved your post to the subject thread about Newsfeed and wall posts.

The posting to your newsfeed is a Facebook pop up. Farm Town has no control over how fast or slow it shows on your screen.

There isn't anything that can be done about the generic pig graphic showing specially when you are copy and pasting as that function is within Facebook and sometimes the right graphic may not copy.

hmmmm.. okay, so it is all a facebook thing and I will never get it fixed. Thanks Taz

dorbob
Oct 23 2021, 08:02 AM
Hi, when I go to the wall do do facilities some I am unable to do, when click on a name either comes up as no content or I can go to their page but it doesn;t show any facilites
My id is 616833466

marymarcel
Oct 23 2021, 08:22 AM
Hi, when I go to the wall do do facilities some I am unable to do, when click on a name either comes up as no content or I can go to their page but it doesn;t show any facilites
My id is 616833466

Hi dorbob :)

Im not sure to completely understand your problem so please try to explain what is happenig:

When you go to Wall requests, can you see your friends pictures?

Are you clicking in the blue link "Click here to help" to be able to load their farms?

When you arrive to the farms, do you receive the pop ups?
You have to click in "Ok, Ill get started" for the first pop up and in "OK, lets get started" for the second pop up.

Where are you clicking in the names to get the non content thing?

rodkay1@bigpond.com
Nov 03 2021, 06:55 AM
My post are not going to the wall even though box is ticked (checked) Any suggestions why? Only started tonight

Tiger
Nov 03 2021, 07:30 AM
My post are not going to the wall even though box is ticked (checked) Any suggestions why? Only started tonight

Hi rodkay1,

Do you mean your friends can't see them in wall requests?
What have you already tried to resolve this yourself?
Does it only happen with specific facilities or is it happening no matter which facility you use to post from? If it's only specific facilities, which ones are doing it?

Have a look at the following list and see if there is anything listed there that you have not already tried:

Check that your browser is still showing up to date, update if it is not.

Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that
Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try again.

If those don't help please also try posting from other facilities and see if you get the same problem.

Try another updated browser and see if you get the same problem there.

debbie9747
Nov 30 2021, 10:21 AM
when I post my facilities to work on I check on show on wall facilities but I never see it with all the others

Taz D
Nov 30 2021, 10:24 AM
when I post my facilities to work on I check on show on wall facilities but I never see it with all the others
Hi Debbie,
I moved your post to the subject thread about wall requests.
You do not see your own posts to the wall requests as you can't work your own posts. If you want to know if they are showing up there you will have to ask one of your neighbors if they see them.

jo4you53
Dec 26 2021, 08:20 AM
Hello
It is happening since some days by now that when I post my facs they do not show on the FT wall. I do everything right because have been doing it since years so please let me know whether this is another issue that has to be fixed and that you are already aware of it. Thank you

marymarcel
Dec 26 2021, 08:55 AM
Hello
It is happening since some days by now that when I post my facs they do not show on the FT wall. I do everything right because have been doing it since years so please let me know whether this is another issue that has to be fixed and that you are already aware of it. Thank you

Hi jo4you53 :)

I moved your post to the thread about Newsfeed & Wall Requests.

Please be sure, that when you click on Produce Faster or Refer Clients inside a facility you get the pop up which allows you to post to wall requests before the pop up to post to Facebook.

That first pop up has to have a green check mark to Show on Farm town wall request option. Sometimes we remove that check mark and then automatically continue posting without notice.

If that is not the problem:

. Are you using the same facility/service to post? If so, which ones do you use?

. Is your browser up to date?

. Did you try another browser to check if you have the same problem?

. You cant see your own posts in Wall requests, but non of your friends can see them?

Please try clearing your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farms and try to post again.

jo4you53
Dec 26 2021, 02:25 PM
Hi Marie
I always use the same facs because being in alphabetical order are on top. I use the Airline supplies factory and the Airline terminal.
I normally use Chrome and it is uptodate. However I cleared the mem cache and posted this time with Firefox and the facs did show up at the wall. Lets hope it will keep working and thanks for help
Katerina

marymarcel
Dec 26 2021, 02:28 PM
Hi Marie
I always use the same facs because being in alphabetical order are on top. I use the Airline supplies factory and the Airline terminal.
I normally use Chrome and it is uptodate. However I cleared the mem cache and posted this time with Firefox and the facs did show up at the wall. Lets hope it will keep working and thanks for help
Katerina

You are welcome Katerina and thanks for coming back to let us know :)

Next time try Chrome again and see if they are posted to the wall, if not, clear memcache again and then post again.

Karlene
Dec 26 2021, 11:57 PM
When I go to the request wall to work on neighbors' facilities, I right click on the blue link, then click "open in a new tab". When I click to open the new tab nothing opens. I clicked on the reload button and the page opened and I could work the facilities.

So, I'm reloading each page and hoping it returns to normal before too long. :)

marymarcel
Dec 27 2021, 07:18 AM
When I go to the request wall to work on neighbors' facilities, I right click on the blue link, then click "open in a new tab". When I click to open the new tab nothing opens. I clicked on the reload button and the page opened and I could work the facilities.

So, I'm reloading each page and hoping it returns to normal before too long. :)

Hi Karlene :)

Are you still having this problem? Is this happening only when you try working factories or anytime you try to open a new tab for any other things you are doing in your computer? I just tried and open in a new tab works fine for me.

Are you trying to open many tabs at the same time? I usually open 4 or 6 and it works great.

Try clearing your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farm and try again.

Karlene
Jan 10 2022, 01:38 PM

Are you still having this problem? Is this happening only when you try working factories or anytime you try to open a new tab for any other things you are doing in your computer? I just tried and open in a new tab works fine for me.

Are you trying to open many tabs at the same time? I usually open 4 or 6 and it works great.

Try clearing your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farm and try again.

Yes, I am still having the problem. It may just be my computer. It froze when I had three tabs open, but I didn't have facebook open. So, no telling. I tried your suggestion and that didn't work.

Thanks for your help.

marymarcel
Jan 10 2022, 01:42 PM
Yes, I am still having the problem. It may just be my computer. It froze when I had three tabs open, but I didn't have facebook open. So, no telling. I tried your suggestion and that didn't work.

Thanks for your help.

Please got to the following link and check the requirements for your computer and other suggestions:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270

Also check if your browser is up to date and also if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.

Try another updated browser to check if you get the same problem.

vickikcpa
Feb 12 2022, 11:53 AM
My shortcut is missing from FT - Tiger told me to go to the games of settings in FB. Mine has moved FT to Apps and Websites. When FB did this even on my desktop, my shortcut to FT was removed. Said it was added Jan 28, 2021 - like I did not play FT before. ANY help is appreciated.
USER ID number ( 100000691604893 )

Tiger
Feb 12 2022, 01:00 PM
My shortcut is missing from FT - Tiger told me to go to the games of settings in FB. Mine has moved FT to Apps and Websites. When FB did this even on my desktop, my shortcut to FT was removed. Said it was added Jan 28, 2021 - like I did not play FT before. ANY help is appreciated.
USER ID number ( 100000691604893 )

Hi vickikcpa,

I have moved your post to the thread about newsfeed issues.
Are you still trying to play on your mobile device or is it your computer that doesn't see the FT bookmark?

The post I sent you to for information on playing on mobile devices is the only information we have for playing on mobile devices. The game isn't officially supported for those.

If you are using a mobile and you are in Facebooks mobile version then there are no bookmarks in that version of Newsfeed for any web games you have to use a different method to load the game in the browser you are using for your mobile device. I have added another method to those instructions that you can try to see if you can load the game on a mobile device. For convince here's the link to that post:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641750

Ignore the date in Apps and Games it's not stopping you from seeing any bookmark for Farm Town nor will it prevent you loading the game if you have a suitable browser to use that will work for your mobile device and Farm Town.

LINDALSHOT
Feb 13 2022, 10:12 AM
My ID is 625551128 .

When I try to post my factories and facilities, they no longer show up on the wall. I can work other people's without issue. I have emptied my cache. I'm on a Mac...Farmtown doesn't work at all Safari. So I've been using FIREFOX and had no issues up until this started a couple days ago. THANK YOU

marymarcel
Feb 13 2022, 10:20 AM
My ID is 625551128 .

When I try to post my factories and facilities, they no longer show up on the wall. I can work other people's without issue. I have emptied my cache. I'm on a Mac...Farmtown doesn't work at all Safari. So I've been using FIREFOX and had no issues up until this started a couple days ago. THANK YOU

Hi LINDALSHOT :)

Your posts are not showing up in Farm Town Wall requests or in your Facebook profile and News Feed?

You cant see your own posts in Farm Town Wall requests, only your friends can see them.

Please go to the first post, first page (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609630) of this thread and follow all suggestions given there and see if those work for you.

In case you dont get the Facebook pop up to post to Facebook, then please check if your browser is up to date and if it still has 3rd party cookis and pop ups allowed.
You have instructions in the following link:

Non of us use Mac but some users have said that Opera browser works fine with Mac. Just saying this in case you want to try another browser.

LINDALSHOT
Feb 13 2022, 11:27 AM
I have checked with my FARMTOWN friends and they said my postings are NOT appearing. I get the box that asks if I want the request to appear on the wall and it's checked but I used to get a follow-up to that.

marymarcel
Feb 13 2022, 12:02 PM
I have checked with my FARMTOWN friends and they said my postings are NOT appearing. I get the box that asks if I want the request to appear on the wall and it's checked but I used to get a follow-up to that.

Hi Linda :)

Are you getting the pop up to post to Facebook?

If not, then you have to check if your browser has 3rd party cookies and pop ups still allowed.
Check this link to see if they are ok:

If you are getting the pop up to post to Facebook, then check your Audience and see if it is set to Public, Friends or Farmers list in case you have one.

Please remember you cant cancel your post to be shown up in Facebook. If you do that, then they will not show up in Wall requests and your friends will not see them in their wall requests or any wall at all.

As I said before, you have full information in the first post, first page of this thread.

LINDALSHOT
Feb 13 2022, 01:05 PM
Flash is not present.
I allowed cookies and third party pop-up but still my factories & facilities are not showing up on the wall.
Yes, I am getting the first pop-up but I used to get a second also. I am clicking the screen to allow them to be posted but my friends are not seeing them.

marymarcel
Feb 13 2022, 01:08 PM
Flash is not present.
I allowed cookies and third party pop-up but still my factories & facilities are not showing up on the wall.
Yes, I am getting the first pop-up but I used to get a second also. I am clicking the screen to allow them to be posted but my friends are not seeing them.

Hi Linda :)

Did you follow the instructions on how to allow 3rd party cookies and pop ups in the link I gave to you? If you did a change in your browser, did you close it and restart?

You can also try another updated browser as Opera with 3rd party cookies and pop ups allowed in it.

If nothing works for you then please contact Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

If you cant find the automatic response, then please read the following information:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Aussie Rae
Mar 10 2022, 01:28 AM
not sure where to post this so here goes... when I click on a work request posted by one of my neighours, the name showing when I first land on their farm is not theirs. This happens all the time and its the same name everytime. The name changes to the correct farmer after I fully land but its so annoying to see it happening. I have done memcache, also checked my computer is up to date, cleared browser cache etc etc.. tested this on other browsers and same story... I have checked and removed the farmer whose name keeps appearing first from my neighbors listing and also as a fb friend and have no idea why it should be happening at all... any ideas?

Tiger
Mar 10 2022, 04:43 AM
not sure where to post this so here goes... when I click on a work request posted by one of my neighours, the name showing when I first land on their farm is not theirs. This happens all the time and its the same name everytime. The name changes to the correct farmer after I fully land but its so annoying to see it happening. I have done memcache, also checked my computer is up to date, cleared browser cache etc etc.. tested this on other browsers and same story... I have checked and removed the farmer whose name keeps appearing first from my neighbors listing and also as a fb friend and have no idea why it should be happening at all... any ideas?

Hi Aussie Rae,

I have moved your post to the thread about Newsfeed & Wall Request Posts.

Are you working that friends post from your News Feed , their profile or from Wall Requests?

When you say the name is incorrect when the work request starts to load, is it the Visiting name bottom left of the screen that is wrong or the name in the popup to start working that is wrong or both?

Does it happen with both of their requests, regular facilities and service facilities?

As it's always the same friend, please check with them if they recognize the name that you are first seeing before it corrects and also if they could have access or be logged into to more than one FB account, perhaps to help a friend out. If they do also ask if they are using different browsers for them or the same browser for both.
The crossover that can happen showing the wrong name for various things can happen when someone uses the same browser for more than one account, which is why we're asking you to check this with them.
You may also want to check this with the friend whose name you see first before the name corrects.

Aussie Rae
Mar 10 2022, 06:34 AM
Hi Aussie Rae,

I have moved your post to the thread about Newsfeed & Wall Request Posts.

Are you working that friends post from your News Feed , their profile or from Wall Requests?

When you say the name is incorrect when the work request starts to load, is it the Visiting name bottom left of the screen that is wrong or the name in the popup to start working that is wrong or both?

Does it happen with both of their requests, regular facilities and service facilities?

As it's always the same friend, please check with them if they recognize the name that you are first seeing before it corrects and also if they could have access or be logged into to more than one FB account, perhaps to help a friend out. If they do also ask if they are using different browsers for them or the same browser for both.
The crossover that can happen showing the wrong name for various things can happen when someone uses the same browser for more than one account, which is why we're asking you to check this with them.
You may also want to check this with the friend whose name you see first before the name corrects.

hi, it has happened only with one particular person who I have removed both as a neighbor (went to their farm and removed myself from being their neighbor first) and unfriended, mainly as I have not seen any postings from them to actually work their facilities from Wall Requests page nor my wall posts. I will keep checking to see if they still appear over the next few days. It happened with both Production and Referral work requests... first that persons farm name which changed to the correct persons farm name and this happened with every single person whose work requests I clicked on, both from Wall Requests and my own wall... am off to bed now.. will check again tomorrow... it doesn't stop me working but its just a tad annoying, lol

Tiger
Mar 10 2022, 06:55 AM
hi, it has happened only with one particular person who I have removed both as a neighbor (went to their farm and removed myself from being their neighbor first) and unfriended, mainly as I have not seen any postings from them to actually work their facilities from Wall Requests page nor my wall posts. I will keep checking to see if they still appear over the next few days. It happened with both Production and Referral work requests... first that persons farm name which changed to the correct persons farm name and this happened with every single person whose work requests I clicked on, both from Wall Requests and my own wall... am off to bed now.. will check again tomorrow... it doesn't stop me working but its just a tad annoying, lol

Hi Aussie Rae,

Thank you for the additional information. I've run a different memcache for you so see what happens tomorrow when you do them.
Have a good nights rest.

Edit to Add:

Ok we found what you are describing, it's nothing to worry about. It's more likely to be seen when the farm is slower to load or could be down to temp slowdowns in internet. What you might also notice is that the U number top right as the work request loads may stall at a lower number than U75 then as it reaches U75 and clears it all corrects.
If you get a really slow connection you might also see temporarily high coin amounts in the store when you open it and then it corrects.
Those with great connections all the time may never see those or may only see a brief flash of them then they clear.

GrammieRee
Mar 11 2022, 07:08 PM
I'm having an issue with the wrong person's farm loading. I click on a friend's post from the Facility Wall Requests page and a different person's farm loads w/the message, "Sorry, this job invitation is for my friends only." If I go to my friend's page and click the posts from there it loads her farm properly. I've had this happen several times. Just now I clicked on Jan's post and got George's farm lol If you need it, my user ID is 1045348680. Thanks a bunch!

marymarcel
Mar 11 2022, 07:24 PM
I'm having an issue with the wrong person's farm loading. I click on a friend's post from the Facility Wall Requests page and a different person's farm loads w/the message, "Sorry, this job invitation is for my friends only." If I go to my friend's page and click the posts from there it loads her farm properly. I've had this happen several times. Just now I clicked on Jan's post and got George's farm lol If you need it, my user ID is 1045348680. Thanks a bunch!

Hi GrammieRee :)

If your friend is managing more than one account but you are friend with only one of those accounts then this could happen.

This happens due a change that Facebook did and usually whenyour friend has both accounts opened at the same time or they are using the Switch for facebook.

You need to talk to this friend and explain them what is happening. To try to fix this problem, they have to do all work for one account, then close it restart the browser and then open the other account.

If that doesnt work, then your friend has to open each account on different browsers.

GrammieRee
Mar 11 2022, 07:28 PM
I've had this happen several times with different people though... Seems odd that they would all be using extra accounts at the same time. But I will ask her about it. :)

farmercatherine
Mar 13 2022, 08:18 AM
Earlier this morning I was having no problem. Now, though I cleared my cache, memcached and restarted my computer, I keep getting the message that I have already worked them. What's going on?

Taz D
Mar 13 2022, 08:53 AM
Earlier this morning I was having no problem. Now, though I cleared my cache, memcached and restarted my computer, I keep getting the message that I have already worked them. What's going on?
Hi farmercatherine,
You have to have an 8 hour break of not working any facility posts before you can rework anyone's facilities. You can check to see how long you need to wait by going to the Show Times in your toolbox.

farmercatherine
Mar 13 2022, 10:20 AM
I haven't worked the posts since the day before. It has definitely been over 8 hours. More like 12. Some I haven't worked in a long time as I haven't seen their posts.

marymarcel
Mar 13 2022, 10:36 AM
I haven't worked the posts since the day before. It has definitely been over 8 hours. More like 12. Some I haven't worked in a long time as I haven't seen their posts.

Hi farmercatherine :)

You dont have to work any facility or service for 8 hours counting since the last one you worked.
If you enter the game 1 minute earlier than the 8 hours have past, then you will not be able to rework those again.

You can try the following:

When you first load the game for the day, go to your farm and click in your yellow tool box.

Then click in Times icon, the clock. Then click in Gamewide button.

If "Rework facilities" and "Rework service facilities" options have a green check mark, then you can rework any of your friends facilities and services.

If those options or one of them do not have the green check mark, then you will see a time. That is the time you have to wait to be able to rework facilities again.

peggyannvt
Mar 14 2022, 07:57 PM
I try to post my Facilities, and I cannot post on the request wall

The program becomes stuck after
show on Farmtown Wall Request - yes
share on Facebook
Post of Facebook blue bar and it becomes shaded and then stops

I have tried restarting FT and also closed my browser and then tried again
with the same results.

Taz D
Mar 14 2022, 08:03 PM

share on Facebook

with the same results.
Hi Peggyannvt,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about newsfeed & wall requests posts.
PLease make sure your browser is up dated. Also make sure cookies and pop ups are allowed by the instructions in the following link:

RFMad
Mar 14 2022, 08:39 PM
Like the previous post, my game has frozen when I try to request help with facilities. I've checked and Chrome is up to date. I've cleared the memcache. I thought I'd let you know that it's happened to me, too.

Taz D
Mar 14 2022, 08:52 PM
Like the previous post, my game has frozen when I try to request help with facilities. I've checked and Chrome is up to date. I've cleared the memcache. I thought I'd let you know that it's happened to me, too.
Hi RFMad,
Just tried myself and yes it is freezing up when trying to post to news feed. May be something wrong from Facebook not accepting those posts.
The post is going through, but just not clearing in the game. May be Facebook not clearing that pop up.

RFMad
Mar 14 2022, 08:55 PM
Thanks, Taz. I hope it can get cleared up soon :)

Hi RFMad,
Just tried myself and yes it is freezing up when trying to post to news feed. May be something wrong from Facebook not accepting those posts.
The post is going through, but just not clearing in the game. May be Facebook not clearing that pop up.

RFMad
Mar 14 2022, 09:01 PM
Thanks, Taz. I hope it can get cleared up soon :)

I guess the post is going through even though it doesn't look like it. But it's not showing on the Farm Town request wall. It did show in my profile.

Taz D
Mar 14 2022, 09:03 PM
I guess the post is going through even though it doesn't look like it. But it's not showing on the Farm Town request wall. It did show in my profile.
Hi RFMad,
Yes we are seeing the same thing.

Taz D
Mar 14 2022, 09:28 PM
Posts with Facebook pop up problems!

It appears there is a problem with the Facebook pop up for posting facilities, belt bonuses, quest claiming farm cash, and ingredient request. The posts do show on your timeline and do work from there, but they do not make it to the My Requests facility and other wall requests.

This appears to be a Facebook problem in that the pop up is not clearing. Currently the only way to continue is to restart your farms. The developers have been informed of this, but there isn't anything they can currently do to help this. We just have to be patient and way for Facebook to clear this up as it is their pop up.

susie_q_az
Mar 14 2022, 11:09 PM
When posting facilities and clients it does not show up on the facility wall requests. It does show on the individuals wall

Taz D
Mar 14 2022, 11:12 PM
When posting facilities and clients it does not show up on the facility wall requests. It does show on the individuals wall
Hi Susie q az,
I moved your post to the thread about the wall requests and newsfeed posts.
Please read the post directly above yours.
We are aware of this problem and thwe developers have been informed about it as well.
This is a Facebook issue with their pop up for posting.

goldendreamer
Mar 15 2022, 01:01 AM

share on Facebook

with the same results.

I am having the same issue your are. I can't post on the request wall. I have to reload my computer because it freezes when I try to send the post. I have tried all browers and my computer never freezes. I also am not showing other people posting any work on my end either. The last two were 14 hours ago so it isn't just me. I usually have mine filled with work posts.

Dana1971
Mar 15 2022, 02:24 AM
I'm in the USA Eastern. It's 3:22 a.m.
I posted my facilities, the box comes up and I post but the box doesn't go away. I have to refresh my farm to post my clients. They are posting to my facebook profile page though. Just wanted to let you know.

Dana1971
Mar 15 2022, 02:40 AM
The Wall Request page is only showing posts from 7 hours ago and older also

Early Girl
Mar 15 2022, 03:21 AM
Same problem as all above. Wall feed is 8 plus hours ago.

iamcarleen
Mar 15 2022, 05:09 AM
In addition to the wall feed issue, I got a SlashKey error that froze the game. Clearing the cache and rebooting my system has not helped. I still get the error and a frozen game. Suggestions?

Tiger
Mar 15 2022, 05:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

We are aware that the game is staying offline and that there are problems with Farm Town Requests showing up in both Show Facility Wall Requests and Show Other Wall Requests.

These have been sent of to the developers.

Remember if you have any crops needing harvested before they waste, you can work offline to do them yourself and so can your super neighbours. <<< This Issue is Resolved

For Facility Requests etc you can try your Facebook News Feed and set it to Most Recent to see if any friends posts are showing up there instead of going to each friends timeline to find them. The Most Recent option you can click on is on the left side of your Facebook News Feed.

Our apologies for the recent inconveniences and ask you to try to be patient while these issueS are investigated. It is very early in the morning for the developers so we may have to wait a while.

Dana1971
Mar 15 2022, 01:17 PM
I went through all the steps and Farm Town is active under apps, mine shows on my timeline but none of my friends are showing on my News Feed

Taz D
Mar 15 2022, 01:21 PM
I went through all the steps and Farm Town is active under apps, mine shows on my timeline but none of my friends are showing on my News Feed
Hi Dana,
What posts you see on your newsfeed is controlled by Facebook and not Farm Town. If you are not using it please set your newsfeed to most recent to see if some of those posts show up.

Please read the announcement at the top of each forum section.

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

Dana1971
Mar 15 2022, 01:22 PM
Thanks, but I keep it on most recent at all times

VondaK
Mar 15 2022, 01:44 PM
Hi, our Facility Wall Requests and Other Requests are not updating.
Help, please.

Tiger
Mar 15 2022, 02:06 PM
Hi, our Facility Wall Requests and Other Requests are not updating.
Help, please.

Hi VondaK,

We are aware of the problem, please click on this link to be taken to the announcement with information: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

Tiger
Mar 15 2022, 03:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Posting and Wall Requests are back to normal. Please reload the game before you try posting if you have not done so already.

Thank you for your patience!

Lakota Sue
Mar 18 2022, 09:46 AM
I can't seem to send my facility requests to my neighbors. Every time I send them, (requests to work my facilities), it shows up on my computer, but not on theirs. I read some of your directions in the support pages. but can't get it to work. Any advice? Lakota Sue

Taz D
Mar 18 2022, 09:51 AM
I can't seem to send my facility requests to my neighbors. Every time I send them, (requests to work my facilities), it shows up on my computer, but not on theirs. I read some of your directions in the support pages. but can't get it to work. Any advice? Lakota Sue
Hi Lakota Sue,
I moved your post to the thread about newsfeed posts.
Are they seeing your posts on your timeline or can only you see them?

Make sure you have your posts set to go to your friends or a list you might have for Farm Town friends. It sounds like you have it set to "Only me"

Granny T
Mar 18 2022, 08:36 PM
My farm town request wall has been pretty much pink since last night. I tried to help a couple people whose requests were not pink but still got the message that I had already helped them. Is there anything that can be done or do I just wait and see what happens.
Another thing, how do I get rid of slashkey? Thanks much for any help.

Taz D
Mar 18 2022, 08:44 PM
My farm town request wall has been pretty much pink since last night. I tried to help a couple people whose requests were not pink but still got the message that I had already helped them. Is there anything that can be done or do I just wait and see what happens.
Another thing, how do I get rid of slashkey? Thanks much for any help.
Hi Granny T,
The following should help yopu understand the working of facilities:

Notice that if you spend at least 8 straight hours in a day without playing farmtown (when you sleep, eat breakfast, etc, most people will fall in this category) then you will in fact be able to work your friends facilities at least once per day. If you want to work them say twice per day, you will have to work them all say in the morning, 9AM, and then do not work anymore facilities until after 5 PM, after that time you will be able to work them all again. The key point is that you will be able to work ALL your friends facilities after 8 hours has passed since the LAST facilities you worked. Basically what this is saying is that after you have worked a neighbours facility there must be a gap of 8 hours, where you do not work any facilities, before you can work the neighbours facility again.

You can find how long you have to wait until you can work them again in the Show Times (clock) tool in your toolbox. In the Gamewide tab it has times for rework facilities and service facilities.

I am not sure what you mean by getting rid of Slashkey. Slashkey is the company that produces Farm Town.

macladywloo
Mar 19 2022, 01:58 AM
What determines how many posts can show on the FarmTown facility wall requests? Tonight I thought the number of posts seemed much fewer than normal. I counted 32 posts. I asked a couple of neighbours to count theirs and they reported counts of 53 and 26. That seems like quite a variance! I resorted to checking some neighbours timelines and there were plenty who had posted at a time earlier than the last ones on the FT facility wall. These neighbours posts usually show up for me on the FT wall so I am reasonably sure they would have been on the FT wall if there had been more entries for me to see.
Why would the number I see on the FT facility wall be so different from some of my neighbours?

Tiger
Mar 19 2022, 07:21 AM
What determines how many posts can show on the FarmTown facility wall requests? Tonight I thought the number of posts seemed much fewer than normal. I counted 32 posts. I asked a couple of neighbours to count theirs and they reported counts of 53 and 26. That seems like quite a variance! I resorted to checking some neighbours timelines and there were plenty who had posted at a time earlier than the last ones on the FT facility wall. These neighbours posts usually show up for me on the FT wall so I am reasonably sure they would have been on the FT wall if there had been more entries for me to see.
Why would the number I see on the FT facility wall be so different from some of my neighbours?

Hi macladywloo,

For a facility request to show up in wall requests the farm owner has to allow it to show there or it won't. They would need to check that setting themselves.

How long ago did they post, we have just had a new release so some may not have posted as normal as they were busy with the new items in the release.

There was a problem with posts showing up in the various Wall Requests a few days ago. We are not aware of whether there was another temporary problem with them since then.
They do seem to be showing up fine for me at the moment but my wall requests never goes back very far in time due to the amount of friends I have that post.

Find a friend whose facility posts you can see on their profile but can't see in my requests.
Check the date/time on those posts and see how long ago they posted.
Then please ask them if they checked the popup when they posted to allow their post to show up in wall requests.
If they did allow that, see if you have a mutual friend with them that can check their own wall requests and see if it doesn't show up for them either. If that friend can't see them either then it's possible that there was another temporary problem.

macladywloo
Mar 19 2022, 11:42 AM
Thank you for your quick response. When I noticed so few posts on the wall, I also noticed that the very last post was from someone who posts both facilities and services, one right after the other, regularly. Only one of her posts was on the wall so I went to her Facebook page to find the other one to work it. It was there, posted immediately prior to the one that showed on the FT wall. From that, it seemed to me that some sort of limit had been reached on the FT wall. In this case that “limit” would have been reached at 32 posts!
I will do some more research as you suggested, seeing if I can find a mutual neighbour or two, and asking some others if they have the right boxes checked. Many of my neighbours are long time, dedicated players who know how to make the game work, so I suspect they still use the same method to post every day.
Thanks again, I will do some more digging…

medicgirl
Mar 19 2022, 06:27 PM
I have several close friends that let me get on their account and help with their quests when they are gone. When I get back on my account and work on my farm, when I post facilities or ask for ingredients, they are showing on the wall as one of my neighbors and not me.

Can you help explain why???

Thanks!!

marymarcel
Mar 19 2022, 06:36 PM
I have several close friends that let me get on their account and help with their quests when they are gone. When I get back on my account and work on my farm, when I post facilities or ask for ingredients, they are showing on the wall as one of my neighbors and not me.

Can you help explain why???

Thanks!!

Hi medicgirl :)

I moved your post to the thread about Newsfeed and Wall Requests posts.

This is happening due a change Facebook did. It affects posting facilities work, trains and ships as far as we know.

This usually happens when you use the Switch in facebook or the same browser is used for both accounts.

One simple thing to avoid this is to use different browsers for each account. Or you can do all work for one account. Then close it and restart your computer and then open the other account.

Qivis
Mar 20 2022, 05:53 PM
Hi macladywloo,

For a facility request to show up in wall requests the farm owner has to allow it to show there or it won't. They would need to check that setting themselves.

How long ago did they post, we have just had a new release so some may not have posted as normal as they were busy with the new items in the release.

There was a problem with posts showing up in the various Wall Requests a few days ago. We are not aware of whether there was another temporary problem with them since then.
They do seem to be showing up fine for me at the moment but my wall requests never goes back very far in time due to the amount of friends I have that post.

Find a friend whose facility posts you can see on their profile but can't see in my requests.
Check the date/time on those posts and see how long ago they posted.
Then please ask them if they checked the popup when they posted to allow their post to show up in wall requests.
If they did allow that, see if you have a mutual friend with them that can check their own wall requests and see if it doesn't show up for them either. If that friend can't see them either then it's possible that there was another temporary problem.

I have noticed a lot more errors in the list too that send us to an entirely different farmer than our friend who's made the request. So we get the notice saying we have to be friends with Frank, for example, when the person whose post we clicked was Jennifer and since we are NOT friends with Frank we get the "sorry. this request is only for our friends" or words to that effect. Anyway, your answer to macladywloo did help clarify some of my other complaints.

Of course with 2 trillion more coins after buying the new real estate than the last time I bought some and over 25 trillion points I pretty much have WON! :D :p

Taz D
Mar 20 2022, 05:59 PM
I have noticed a lot more errors in the list too that send us to an entirely different farmer than our friend who's made the request. So we get the notice saying we have to be friends with Frank, for example, when the person whose post we clicked was Jennifer and since we are NOT friends with Frank we get the "sorry. this request is only for our friends" or words to that effect. Anyway, your answer to macladywloo did help clarify some of my other complaints.

Of course with 2 trillion more coins after buying the new real estate than the last time I bought some and over 25 trillion points I pretty much have WON! :D :p
Hi Qivis,
There is nothing Farm Town can do about the problem of being sent to the wrong farms because they are working multiple accounts. That is a Facebook change that is causing this and they will have to be the ones to fix it.

Sundos
Mar 26 2022, 08:35 AM
What determines how many posts can show on the FarmTown facility wall requests? Tonight I thought the number of posts seemed much fewer than normal.

Hi I too have noticed a difference in the past few days. Maybe a week as I have been sick myself. I know sometimes people post more often or less often and some do not post to this facility page. But I have 5 neighbors that consistently post once a day unless they are sick or something.

Also my count on my page is only 17 posts this morning and only 3 of my regulars are there. And the last one I see is only 21 hours old. Aren't the posts good for close to 2 days?

Why is my facility wall so short? Why wouldn't the posts be for longer than 21 hours?

Thanks, Sundos

marymarcel
Mar 26 2022, 09:01 AM
Hi I too have noticed a difference in the past few days. Maybe a week as I have been sick myself. I know sometimes people post more often or less often and some do not post to this facility page. But I have 5 neighbors that consistently post once a day unless they are sick or something.

Also my count on my page is only 17 posts this morning and only 3 of my regulars are there. And the last one I see is only 21 hours old. Aren't the posts good for close to 2 days?

Why is my facility wall so short? Why wouldn't the posts be for longer than 21 hours?

Thanks, Sundos

Hi Sundos :)

We cant check if your friends are posting or not to the wall. My own wall has about 62 posts from my friends and I havent noticed a change for them.

As you said, there are some days of the week they dont post a lot or I get many posts by my late afternoon but not much during the rest of the day.

I also have friends that only post one of the facilities types, but if I see that one who usually posts regular and service facilities, only shows one of them in my wall then I contact them. Most of the time they forgot to post the other type or posted 2 regular or 2 services by mistake.

You could ask a few friends if they are posting to the wall or if they have found something similar to what is happening to you and if this problem continues then you could report it to Support.

Sundos
Mar 26 2022, 09:15 AM
Thanks Mary. I will do better at asking my neighbors.

What about only being 21 hrs old and no older, is there a time end for the facility wall page? Am I right that the posts are good for 2 days time?

marymarcel
Mar 26 2022, 09:20 AM
Thanks Mary. I will do better at asking my neighbors.

What about only being 21 hrs old and no older, is there a time end for the facility wall page? Am I right that the posts are good for 2 days time?

The amount of posts you see on your wall depends on how many times your friends post to the wall.

For example, my wall shows posts from 6 minutes ago to 12 hours ago. But as soon as more friends start posting then the oldest post will not show up for me.

If you are seeing posts from 21 hours ago is due no more friends posted to the wall and those old post were not replaced for the new ones.

Sundos
Mar 26 2022, 09:49 AM
Thanks for your help!

marymarcel
Mar 26 2022, 09:50 AM
Thanks for your help!

You are welcome Sundos :)

martha1953
Mar 28 2022, 04:02 AM
I am having a problem with the game adding points correctly when i am working neighbors' facilities. the points go up then they drop to a lower number than before i started working the farm. what can i do? it's very irritating.

Tiger
Mar 28 2022, 07:05 AM
I am having a problem with the game adding points correctly when i am working neighbors' facilities. the points go up then they drop to a lower number than before i started working the farm. what can i do? it's very irritating.

Hi martha1953,

I am unable to reproduce your issue at this time, my points are adding fine and not dropping.

Could you have been working facilities in more than one tab in your browser and then going back to each tab to check if the work was done?

If you were, that can cause what you are describing as the game tries to update the tab you view at that specific time. If there is still plenty of work to be done in the tab you are viewing if you continue watching it you should see that the points will correct and then continue rising.
The other thing you can try is when you have completed all the work and closed the other tabs, if the points don't correct when you return home, try reloading the game and they should correct and you should see that they have gone up from the amount you had before you started working facilities for friends.

Qivis
Mar 31 2022, 10:45 AM
You misunderstood the issue I reported earlier this week and I do not have the time to find my original post. The problem is that I find the links for factory friends in the My Requests
Facility Wall Requests list that send me to the farms of complete strangers and then say the work is reserved for friends. And they are people I KNOW have only 1 account. It is NOT that my friends have multiple accounts. Sometimes I can look up the person who made the actual request, but sometimes I cannot figure out which of the 6 links for the open tabs belongs to a person other than the link took me to.

Tiger
Mar 31 2022, 12:08 PM
You misunderstood the issue I reported earlier this week and I do not have the time to find my original post. The problem is that I find the links for factory friends in the My Requests
Facility Wall Requests list that send me to the farms of complete strangers and then say the work is reserved for friends. And they are people I KNOW have only 1 account. It is NOT that my friends have multiple accounts. Sometimes I can look up the person who made the actual request, but sometimes I cannot figure out which of the 6 links for the open tabs belongs to a person other than the link took me to.

Hi Qivis,

The last post from you about this kind of thing was over a week ago. We don't see anything posted by you last week. Looking at your last post about this could the non-friends have been friends in the past bearing in mind that many will change both their names and profile pictures on Facebook over the years?
Having played for many years that may not be easy to remember.

The other thing to check would be your my Neighbours tab and see if anyone is showing up with a generic picture rather than a profile picture. You would need to remove the check mark for Show Active Players Only because if there is a temporary problem with Facebook knowing who your friends are then they may also be showing as not recently active until that problem resolves.

Have you checked your buddy list lately could any of them be a buddy, in case there's some weird connection that way?

Have you got anyone on your blocked lists either via Facebook or the blocking in the game that could be the non-friend? Blocking via the game will only show you the current profile picture, not a name.

If it's none of those you can go straight to support (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/) with this or if you wish, OR you can go one step further and also check if the following shows there was any kind of connection with you before you contact them. It's not ideal, but I might be tempted to try it if I got this problem as it may be a clue. It's entirely up to you.

You could try checking if there has been any connection with you in the past when you are on a farm where you are getting the reserved message by removing yourself as a neighbor and also as buddy for them. The popup you will see will tell you if you were removed or not.

If it did remove you as a neighbour then you would know that they had to have been a friend at some point to have been able to have you as a neghbour. If it did happen to remove you from a current friend then they might notice and contact you.

Qivis
Mar 31 2022, 08:37 PM
Hi Qivis,

The last post from you about this kind of thing was over a week ago. We don't see anything posted by you last week. Looking at your last post about this could the non-friends have been friends in the past bearing in mind that many will change both their names and profile pictures on Facebook over the years?
Having played for many years that may not be easy to remember.

The other thing to check would be your my Neighbours tab and see if anyone is showing up with a generic picture rather than a profile picture. You would need to remove the check mark for Show Active Players Only because if there is a temporary problem with Facebook knowing who your friends are then they may also be showing as not recently active until that problem resolves.

Have you checked your buddy list lately could any of them be a buddy, in case there's some weird connection that way?

Have you got anyone on your blocked lists either via Facebook or the blocking in the game that could be the non-friend? Blocking via the game will only show you the current profile picture, not a name.

If it's none of those you can go straight to support (http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/) with this or if you wish, OR you can go one step further and also check if the following shows there was any kind of connection with you before you contact them. It's not ideal, but I might be tempted to try it if I got this problem as it may be a clue. It's entirely up to you.

You could try checking if there has been any connection with you in the past when you are on a farm where you are getting the reserved message by removing yourself as a neighbor and also as buddy for them. The popup you will see will tell you if you were removed or not.

If it did remove you as a neighbour then you would know that they had to have been a friend at some point to have been able to have you as a neghbour. If it did happen to remove you from a current friend then they might notice and contact you.

In other words it's a bit like the relationship status of the last woman I asked out - "it's complicated!" :D :p

I suppose having nearly the Facebook limit of 5000 friends could mess things up a bit even though I have only been removing people who've never played Farm Town or who Facebook reports as having deactivated accounts. But the listings that I am talking about are from active farmers whose pages I CAN work from. The links there work fine. It's the links on the list that take me somewhere other than the farm of the person who posted.

As for when I reported this last, I suppose as they say the mind's the first thing to go and of course the brain damage doesn't help any even though the doctors say my stroke was small... :cool:

marymarcel
Mar 31 2022, 08:48 PM
In other words it's a bit like the relationship status of the last woman I asked out - "it's complicated!" :D :p

I suppose having nearly the Facebook limit of 5000 friends could mess things up a bit even though I have only been removing people who've never played Farm Town or who Facebook reports as having deactivated accounts. But the listings that I am talking about are from active farmers whose pages I CAN work from. The links there work fine. It's the links on the list that take me somewhere other than the farm of the person who posted.

As for when I reported this last, I suppose as they say the mind's the first thing to go and of course the brain damage doesn't help any even though the doctors say my stroke was small... :cool:

Hi Qivis

Managing multiple accounts doesnt mean those accounts are second ones for your friend. It also means that your friend is working one of their friends account who shared their credentials with them.
Some farmers do that due vacations, illness etc as they want to continue posting facilities and that cant be done by a superneighbor.

If they are managing their own account and other farmer's account then this kind of problems happens due a change made by Facebook.

This problem is affecting facilities posts, trains requests, ships. When you try to work them from the Wall requests, then you get the message you are not friends, but if you know which friend is managing other account and you go to their fb profile, then you could work facilities without problems.

The person managing more than one account, usually use the switch in facebook and/or has the accounts open at the same time in the same browser, one maybe using private browsing.

To try to solve this, they can do all work for one account, close it and reload the browser and then open the other account.

If that doesnt help, then they have to use different browsers to each account.

Sharon Tattersall
Apr 12 2022, 10:02 PM
I am unable to work other people facilities. I can do 3 or 5 or so then it says oops the mayor has already helped with thsse facilities today. I havent done any for ages because this was happening. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Have emptied cache and made no diffference.

Taz D
Apr 12 2022, 10:17 PM
I am unable to work other people facilities. I can do 3 or 5 or so then it says oops the mayor has already helped with thsse facilities today. I havent done any for ages because this was happening. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Have emptied cache and made no diffference.
Hi Sharon,
I have moved your post to the Help & Support thread about the facility work requests.
Are these you are working after those 3 to 5 some you have worked within the last day? You have to have an 8 hour break not working any posts before you can rework any of them.

You can check when you can rework requests for regular facilities and service facilities in the Show Times tool in your tool box. If it will allow you to work then they will have a green check. If not then they will have a time amount listed for how long you have to wait.

NJones277
Apr 30 2022, 07:04 PM
Is there any way to get to the older facility request posts once you have to reload? Every day between 6 and 8 CST, I get the gray screen. All my Farmtown tabs go to gray. I reload everything, but I lose the posts I was working from as I have to reload that page and it updates to more current posts when it's reloaded. Just wondering if I can go back and get people I missed since I can't see their posts anymore and I was negligent in not making a list of who to work. Thanks.

Taz D
Apr 30 2022, 07:08 PM
Is there any way to get to the older facility request posts once you have to reload? Every day between 6 and 8 CST, I get the gray screen. All my Farmtown tabs go to gray. I reload everything, but I lose the posts I was working from as I have to reload that page and it updates to more current posts when it's reloaded. Just wondering if I can go back and get people I missed since I can't see their posts anymore and I was negligent in not making a list of who to work. Thanks.
Hi NJones,
The only ways to see those posts is through the facility wall requests and it will only list about 100, or to see them in your newsfeed or their profiles.

NJones277
Apr 30 2022, 07:11 PM
Thanks Taz. That's what I thought.

Sundos
May 09 2022, 10:58 PM
Hi.. seems you may be overwhelmed with many issues from what I see.. but.. I think this is where this needs to be put?
I worked some of my friends facilities early today. Client referrals and Production for about 5 friends. IT was around 7am I believe strongly. So tonight at 9:30 I was going to work a few again and finish helping the rest of my friends too.
BUT.. it seems that I cannot work in the CLIENT REFERRALS now for the friends that I did early this morning. It has been over 12 hours. Some of them have reposted too. (it tells me OOPS, you have already worked these or something) AND yes, hey show up as PINK in the wall requests.
I AM ABLE to work the PRODUCTION ones again for the same friends. These posts do NOT show up as PINK in the wall requests.
I dont know if this is a wide spread problem or just me..Facebook USER ID number is: 1303461736 Build No: 318

Taz D
May 09 2022, 11:12 PM
Hi.. seems you may be overwhelmed with many issues from what I see.. but.. I think this is where this needs to be put?
I worked some of my friends facilities early today. Client referrals and Production for about 5 friends. IT was around 7am I believe strongly. So tonight at 9:30 I was going to work a few again and finish helping the rest of my friends too.
BUT.. it seems that I cannot work in the CLIENT REFERRALS now for the friends that I did early this morning. It has been over 12 hours. Some of them have reposted too. (it tells me OOPS, you have already worked these or something) AND yes, hey show up as PINK in the wall requests.
I AM ABLE to work the PRODUCTION ones again for the same friends. These posts do NOT show up as PINK in the wall requests.
I dont know if this is a wide spread problem or just me..Facebook USER ID number is: 1303461736 Build No: 318
Hi Sundos,
The wait for reworking facilities is not 12 hours. It is a n 8 hour wait of not working any facility posts. You can see how long before you can rework facilities in the Show Tinmes tool in your tool box.

Working Neighbors Facilities: This is to explain the time between working a neighbours facilities before you can rework that same neighbor's post again. To simplify the answer it was originally stated that you had to wait a day.

Sundos
May 10 2022, 07:16 AM
Hi Sundos,
The wait for reworking facilities is not 12 hours. It is a n 8 hour wait of not working any facility posts. You can see how long before you can rework facilities in the Show Tinmes tool in your tool box.

Thanks for your reply Taz. sorry I don't know how to explain the problem well..

NJones277
May 10 2022, 12:09 PM
This has to do with bonus posts. Is there any way to let players know that you don't have to post but one bonus - not all 5 for the same thing. It happens all the time and they can only get a bonus for one - like cottage cheese. It's taking up lots of space on the request wall. Just a thought.

Tiger
May 10 2022, 12:30 PM
This has to do with bonus posts. Is there any way to let players know that you don't have to post but one bonus - not all 5 for the same thing. It happens all the time and they can only get a bonus for one - like cottage cheese. It's taking up lots of space on the request wall. Just a thought.

Hi NJones277,

The only way to let your friends know what you don't like is to tell them and then perhaps ask why they do it.

If it's a newer player who is posting them all in a short time you might want to see if they are aware that they can't be helped more than once per friend in 12 hours.

It's entirely up to every farmer if they want to post one for every belt/dan even if it's the same product.

Some farmers other wall requests page may fill up fast some may not have as many friends so may not have a problem with it.
Those that like to post them all and might be spreading those posts out throughout the day might be doing it to make sure that both those that were playing earlier in the day would see them as well as those that play much later in the day would, so they get the maximum help possible.

solen2016
May 11 2022, 11:56 AM
I dont know if i am doing this the right way but here is my problem: 3 different times now a post of facilities are being posted to my profile...when my friends click on them to help it takes them to a friend of mine, different friends each time mind you and not their fault. I have contacted Facebook on this matter but not any answers from them, one came again today and I am beginning to be really upset ! Thanks in advance for your help .

Taz D
May 11 2022, 12:05 PM
I dont know if i am doing this the right way but here is my problem: 3 different times now a post of facilities are being posted to my profile...when my friends click on them to help it takes them to a friend of mine, different friends each time mind you and not their fault. I have contacted Facebook on this matter but not any answers from them, one came again today and I am beginning to be really upset ! Thanks in advance for your help .
Hi Solen,
I have moved your post to the thread about wall posts.
Your first post about this was answered and is in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6493498#post6493498

Are you working these other accounts? This only happens if you are working multiple accounts and using the Switch User in Facebook. Facebook made a change that causes this to happen.
You need to first try only logging into one account in Facebook, do what you need to do in that, then log out of Facebook for it. Then you can log into the next account in Facebook and do what you need to do in that one, and so on for each account.

If that does not work then you will need to use a different browser for each account.

RFMad
May 14 2022, 03:53 PM
Since Facebook has changed the way I see the posts, etc. Is there an easy way to get to Farm Town to load my game? I don't see it listed in the Games that Facebook shows.

marymarcel
May 14 2022, 03:57 PM
Since Facebook has changed the way I see the posts, etc. Is there an easy way to get to Farm Town to load my game? I don't see it listed in the Games that Facebook shows.

Hi RFMad :)

Are you saying that FarmTown is not showing in your shortcuts anymore? If so, we have seen this other times and it is usually fixed after some hours or the next day.

Meanwhile you can load the game usint the Play FarmTown button at the top of the forum or you can also enter through a post from your friends.

NJones277
Jun 12 2022, 02:22 PM
I've been having this problem for a while now - I'm working posts and it says "working farm x" then adds xp points at least, then immediately flashes "the mayor has already helped you with those today". I have never worked someone's post twice, unless it's not marked that I've worked it. Then I just wait to see if 'the mayor has already helped me. I'm actually not of the computer long enough at a time to cut into the 12 hour window. Everything is up-to-date and cleared. Thanks

marymarcel
Jun 12 2022, 02:27 PM
I've been having this problem for a while now - I'm working posts and it says "working farm x" then adds xp points at least, then immediately flashes "the mayor has already helped you with those today". I have never worked someone's post twice, unless it's not marked that I've worked it. Then I just wait to see if 'the mayor has already helped me. I'm actually not of the computer long enough at a time to cut into the 12 hour window. Everything is up-to-date and cleared. Thanks

Hi NJones :)

You have to wait 8 hours not 12 to be able to work the same friends facilities again.

Sometimes, when a farmer posts several times a day, then if you work from Farm Town wall requests, the posts turn pink but the links are blue instead of purple for the new posts.

We think that maybe, the first time you worked those factories, some of them were already empty, so when they refill and post again, if you try those facilities again, you get the oops for the farms you got products from all facilities, but you get some products for the facilities which were empty the first time you visited.

Early Girl
Jul 09 2022, 05:17 PM
I'm not sure what changed but my wall feed went from 3 hours down to less than 1 hour. I have not added any new friends. I am running Win 10, regularly cleaning meme and browsers. Have tried Chrome and Brave. On Servers c20, w21. 3 hours was short enough, but I am missing more than I can possibly catch. Thanks for any ideas

Taz D
Jul 09 2022, 05:22 PM
I'm not sure what changed but my wall feed went from 3 hours down to less than 1 hour. I have not added any new friends. I am running Win 10, regularly cleaning meme and browsers. Have tried Chrome and Brave. On Servers c20, w21. 3 hours was short enough, but I am missing more than I can possibly catch. Thanks for any ideas
Hi Early Girl,
It is not based on time for the wall requests list. It is based on how many. They only show roughly 35 to 40 posts. Since we have just had a release then everyone is posting more and more often at this time. It should settle down in a few days.

Vivienne57
Jul 11 2022, 01:24 AM
I took a break from FT for a while and selected to unfollow Ft facility posts on my news feed. Now I have started playing again, how do I reverse this and start to see FT facility posts on me news feed. Thanks :)

Tiger
Jul 11 2022, 05:42 AM
I took a break from FT for a while and selected to unfollow Ft facility posts on my news feed. Now I have started playing again, how do I reverse this and start to see FT facility posts on me news feed. Thanks :)

Hi Vivienne57,

I have moved your post to the thread about Facebook NewsFeed.

It really depends on what you did to unfollow.

If you were in your NewsFeed and clicked on a Farm Town post and chose to unfollow a specific person or group you would have to go to that persons profile or group and follow them again.

If it was a friends Farm Town post in NewsFeed and you chose the option to Hide all from Farm Town app then you would need to:

Click on the small version of your Facebook profile picture top right of Facebook

Then click on Settings and Privacy

In the list that shows click on Feed

Then click on Reconnect and it should show you what or who you unfollowed.

If you see Farm Town listed with a black icon and a white plus symbol on that icon. Click that icon to turn it blue with a white check mark on it. If you see other things listed but not Farm Town try typing the name in the search box that shows to find it.

However I do not know how quick it will be for Facebook to update the changes you made so that you start seeing Farm Town posts in News Feed again.

Qivis
Jul 11 2022, 11:03 AM
Not if Facebook has anything to say about it. I just was blocked by Facebook for trying to post a request for help with factories. It is claiming that posting as often as Farm Town requires to be played properly is too often or otherwise "violates community standards" when I see little to no evidence that Facebook even has any standards. I still the same stock photos of women leaving nothing left to guess asking to be friends that I reported as fakes back when there were only 3 farms available to us! Anyway I think the number of posts will return to normal sooner than later because Facebook is sending people to Facebook Jail just for playing. :confused:

Taz D
Jul 11 2022, 11:14 AM
Not if Facebook has anything to say about it. I just was blocked by Facebook for trying to post a request for help with factories. It is claiming that posting as often as Farm Town requires to be played properly is too often or otherwise "violates community standards" when I see little to no evidence that Facebook even has any standards. I still the same stock photos of women leaving nothing left to guess asking to be friends that I reported as fakes back when there were only 3 farms available to us! Anyway I think the number of posts will return to normal sooner than later because Facebook is sending people to Facebook Jail just for playing. :confused:
Hi Qivis,
THe number of posts seen on the your wall requests is not governed by Facebook. It is an amount set be Farm Town. It does not look at times posted but shows a set amount back. If everyone is posting as they tend to do after a release then how far back the wall requests goes drops because more have posted.
I am sorry you have been blocked, but that is because of Facebook's security policy rules. There is nothing we can do about that. If you are not looking for new neighbors then maybe you should change your settings to only accept friend requests to be only from friends of friends. That would prevent those fake accounts from sending those.

Qivis
Jul 11 2022, 11:29 AM
Hi Qivis,
THe number of posts seen on the your wall requests is not governed by Facebook. It is an amount set be Farm Town. It does not look at times posted but shows a set amount back. If everyone is posting as they tend to do after a release then how far back the wall requests goes drops because more have posted.
I am sorry you have been blocked, but that is because of Facebook's security policy rules. There is nothing we can do about that. If you are not looking for new neighbors then maybe you should change your settings to only accept friend requests to be only from friends of friends. That would prevent those fake accounts from sending those.

Basically what I am saying is that I have encountered other people also being blocked by Facebook for posting their bonuses, ingredient requests, etc on occasions when many factories result in bonuses at once. The exact wording by Facebook is that such posts have been reported as abusive and they will not allow them. If more people get blocked in this way from posting anything - even complaining that they cannot post is being blocked - then the numbers will start to fall.

Taz D
Jul 11 2022, 11:37 AM
Basically what I am saying is that I have encountered other people also being blocked by Facebook for posting their bonuses, ingredient requests, etc on occasions when many factories result in bonuses at once. The exact wording by Facebook is that such posts have been reported as abusive and they will not allow them. If more people get blocked in this way from posting anything - even complaining that they cannot post is being blocked - then the numbers will start to fall.
Hi Qivis,
The number of posts shown in the wall requests stays the same. If less are posted then the list goes back farther. That amount doesn't change.
If their friends are reporting those posts then they will get blocked. The better way would be to limit who those posts go to like their neighbors. That way others won't see them and report for to many posts of that nature. As the belts get earned and we get past the flood of posts for those then things will settle down and less will get blocked for the multiple posts.

Qivis
Jul 11 2022, 12:55 PM
Hi Qivis,
The number of posts shown in the wall requests stays the same. If less are posted then the list goes back farther. That amount doesn't change.
If their friends are reporting those posts then they will get blocked. The better way would be to limit who those posts go to like their neighbors. That way others won't see them and report for to many posts of that nature. As the belts get earned and we get past the flood of posts for those then things will settle down and less will get blocked for the multiple posts.

It happens each time a large number of bonuses are added due to the faulty algorithm, but it does not seem to happen to the same farmers every time. This is the first time it has ever happened to this particular farmer. He cannot post anything. If he mentions Farm Town, the algorithm blocks it. I meant that another of the farmers for which I have taken over cannot post even to complain about the Facebook algorithm saying he is posting too fast or has violated some non existent rule. And to think they prefer to be called Meta now! :p They cannot even get things right in THIS universe.

Taz D
Jul 11 2022, 01:47 PM
It happens each time a large number of bonuses are added due to the faulty algorithm, but it does not seem to happen to the same farmers every time. This is the first time it has ever happened to this particular farmer. He cannot post anything. If he mentions Farm Town, the algorithm blocks it. I meant that another of the farmers for which I have taken over cannot post even to complain about the Facebook algorithm saying he is posting too fast or has violated some non existent rule. And to think they prefer to be called Meta now! :p They cannot even get things right in THIS universe.
Hi Qivis,
Just because you get a large number of new belts does not mean they have to be posted unless you have a shortage of the item. You will still get the increase in bonus batches even if you don't post them. Sorry but as I said already there is nothing Farm Town can do about this.

RozeeS
Jul 12 2022, 07:31 AM
With all these problems with posting our bonuses and ingredient requests to our wall and then sharing them with others. Is Farm Town trying to stop this? I don't understand why I keep getting "broken community standards" by FB for posting to a group I ususally only make the one posting I don't post many as some people do.I have been doing this for a very long time but it's only recently this sort of problem has appeared

Having been blocked out of my account 3 times in the last week for which FB say my account has been accessed by someone but when going throught the motions of getting back on my account, it shows any farm town posts I have made to my wall and groups, stating if I didn't make them to secure my account.

I have sent feedback to FB about the postings. Clearly they are using some bot which is idenitfying them a spam or against community standards.

I have been playing farm town since 2009 and really do not want to stop playing as I enjoy the game. But when I have to get back on my account, all the games I have been playing of FB, including Farm Town have been removed, I then have to find them on FB and reload and accept permissions as they have been removed by FB. This is no fun I can tell you!

Part of the fun of playing this game is to get help with groups because if we didn't it would be really hard to play farm town. And to be honest I don't know what harm this does?

Is it possible for Farm Town to contact FB and tell them of the problems people are having with posting their bonuses and ingredients to their wall or groups, or do they not really care as it is in their interest not too?

Getting booted off FB is not a lot of fun and I am sure this is going to impact those playing Farm Town and leaving FB. It will effect numbers eventually playing this game. I have spent the past 13 years building up my farm and making neighbours and friends on it and I really do not want to lose it.

To simply say not to post these to groups which I have been doing for over 10 years is not really an answer or a remedy when I have not had problems in the past.

Thank you for your time

marymarcel
Jul 12 2022, 08:19 AM
With all these problems with posting our bonuses and ingredient requests to our wall and then sharing them with others. Is Farm Town trying to stop this? I don't understand why I keep getting "broken community standards" by FB for posting to a group I ususally only make the one posting I don't post many as some people do.I have been doing this for a very long time but it's only recently this sort of problem has appeared

Having been blocked out of my account 3 times in the last week for which FB say my account has been accessed by someone but when going throught the motions of getting back on my account, it shows any farm town posts I have made to my wall and groups, stating if I didn't make them to secure my account.

I have sent feedback to FB about the postings. Clearly they are using some bot which is idenitfying them a spam or against community standards.

I have been playing farm town since 2009 and really do not want to stop playing as I enjoy the game. But when I have to get back on my account, all the games I have been playing of FB, including Farm Town have been removed, I then have to find them on FB and reload and accept permissions as they have been removed by FB. This is no fun I can tell you!

Part of the fun of playing this game is to get help with groups because if we didn't it would be really hard to play farm town. And to be honest I don't know what harm this does?

Is it possible for Farm Town to contact FB and tell them of the problems people are having with posting their bonuses and ingredients to their wall or groups, or do they not really care as it is in their interest not too?

Getting booted off FB is not a lot of fun and I am sure this is going to impact those playing Farm Town and leaving FB. It will effect numbers eventually playing this game. I have spent the past 13 years building up my farm and making neighbours and friends on it and I really do not want to lose it.

To simply say not to post these to groups which I have been doing for over 10 years is not really an answer or a remedy when I have not had problems in the past.

Thank you for your time

Hi RozeeS :)

Im sorry this has happened to you but we cant do anything about this.

From time to time Facebook changes their security settings and that is what is causing this but we have no control on that.

When you post the bonuses and then you share them or copy them to a fb group or more than a fb group, it could make think Facebook that they are spam. It is due spammers try to post quickly to reach several groups, sites, etc in a very short time. Im sorry but the only thing you can do is wait for Facebook to lift the restriction.

As you have already contacted Facebook about this, if you wish you can also contact Support team to let them know about your problem.

RozeeS
Jul 12 2022, 08:45 AM
Hi RozeeS :)

Im sorry this has happened to you but we cant do anything about this.

From time to time Facebook changes their security settings and that is what is causing this but we have no control on that.

When you post the bonuses and then you share them or copy them to a fb group or more than a fb group, it could make think Facebook that they are spam. It is due spammers try to post quickly to reach several groups, sites, etc in a very short time. Im sorry but the only thing you can do is wait for Facebook to lift the restriction.

As you have already contacted Facebook about this, if you wish you can also contact Support team to let them know about your problem.

Thank you. I don't understand why I am being targeted. It's not as though I am posting loads of bonuses everyday. I see others posting farm more than I do. I only post the odd bonus now and again.

Thank you for your help

marymarcel
Jul 12 2022, 08:51 AM
Thank you. I don't understand why I am being targeted. It's not as though I am posting loads of bonuses everyday. I see others posting farm more than I do. I only post the odd bonus now and again.

Thank you for your help

You are welcome RozeeS :)

NJones277
Jul 12 2022, 03:33 PM
A suggestion to possibly solve this massive bonus posting problem. Once Farmtown catches up on facility bonuses, how about this - we get new facilities every release. They have obviously not been put up for bonuses. Maybe on the next release, the new facilities from the last release could be the bonus facilities. Make this a standard with each release and we'll have a system that won't take up the bonus wall, and facility posts won't fall off about 15-20 minutes. Just a thought.

Taz D
Jul 12 2022, 03:41 PM
A suggestion to possibly solve this massive bonus posting problem. Once Farmtown catches up on facility bonuses, how about this - we get new facilities every release. They have obviously not been put up for bonuses. Maybe on the next release, the new facilities from the last release could be the bonus facilities. Make this a standard with each release and we'll have a system that won't take up the bonus wall, and facility posts won't fall off about 15-20 minutes. Just a thought.
Hi NJones,
If you have a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where we organize them by subject for the developers to see.

michelle jo
Jul 15 2022, 09:28 AM
hi am just wondering about the scroll bar down the side of facility wall requests i have been having problems with it for last few days where it only shows a few posts when i know there is loads more posted and just refreshed the page now as i am helping people and now i can only see 4 people on it now i have cleaned everything out and checked updates and all is good have you any idea why this is happening thank you

Taz D
Jul 15 2022, 09:32 AM
hi am just wondering about the scroll bar down the side of facility wall requests i have been having problems with it for last few days where it only shows a few posts when i know there is loads more posted and just refreshed the page now as i am helping people and now i can only see 4 people on it now i have cleaned everything out and checked updates and all is good have you any idea why this is happening thank you
Hi michelle jo,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

Qivis
Jul 24 2022, 03:56 PM
For some reason I am not getting the proper pointer for ingredient requests, boost requests for facilities, and bonuses on the Facebook page when using the Edge browser since yesterday's Windows 11 update. I just thought I should report this in case anyone else has the same problem. I normally look up friends by name to check for posts that are not in the My Requests link due to their age as well as go through the lists. Basically Facebook is actually like the links do not exist on the page.

I inquired of some friends and it looks like maybe yesterday's beta feature update to Windows 11 Insider build 22H2 broke something and caught FB off guard.

Taz D
Jul 24 2022, 05:05 PM
For some reason I am not getting the proper pointer for ingredient requests, boost requests for facilities, and bonuses on the Facebook page when using the Edge browser since yesterday's Windows 11 update. I just thought I should report this in case anyone else has the same problem. I normally look up friends by name to check for posts that are not in the My Requests link due to their age as well as go through the lists. Basically Facebook is actually like the links do not exist on the page.

I inquired of some friends and it looks like maybe yesterday's beta feature update to Windows 11 Insider build 22H2 broke something and caught FB off guard.
Hi Qivis,
I am sorry, but you will have to take that up with Facebook. Only thing I can suggest is try a different browser and see if they show in it.

By the way we do not have boosts for facilities.

CDobber74
Jul 26 2022, 09:22 PM
My super neighbor and I are noticing tonight that the Facility Wall Requests feature are remaining pink, well after the 8 hour window. I know I did her facs just over 12 hours ago (which is rare for me) and was going to do them again tonight, but no luck. If it were just me, I wouldn't post it...but she is seeing the same thing on her end.

I tried a browser on my phone versus PC, same result. I came to the forums and tried a memcache, also no luck.

Maybe its a symptom of a larger error on the servers elsewhere so I thought I'd give a heads up.

Taz D
Jul 26 2022, 09:45 PM
My super neighbor and I are noticing tonight that the Facility Wall Requests feature are remaining pink, well after the 8 hour window. I know I did her facs just over 12 hours ago (which is rare for me) and was going to do them again tonight, but no luck. If it were just me, I wouldn't post it...but she is seeing the same thing on her end.

I tried a browser on my phone versus PC, same result. I came to the forums and tried a memcache, also no luck.

Maybe its a symptom of a larger error on the servers elsewhere so I thought I'd give a heads up.
H i CDobber,
I moved your post to the thread about the wall requests.
Please note it is not 8 hours between working an individuals facilities to be able to work them again. It is 8 hours without doing any facility posts.

CDobber74
Jul 26 2022, 09:49 PM
makes perfect sense...thanks Taz!

H i CDobber,
I moved your post to the thread about the wall requests.
Please note it is not 8 hours between working an individuals facilities to be able to work them again. It is 8 hours without doing any facility posts.

rjfxvii
Jul 27 2022, 02:26 AM
can you only access Farm Town through Facebook? for some reason, my FT posts are causing FB to limit my account.

Vivienne57
Jul 27 2022, 03:33 AM
Hi, I don't appear to be seeing any FT facility/client posts on my news feed like I used to. I took a break from FT and I am wondering if there is something I did to stop seeing the posts. I can get the posts from the FT facility wall it's just that when I am on FB browsing it's handy when facility posts pop up and I can just click on them instead of having to load FT and go to the wall. Thanks

Tiger
Jul 27 2022, 05:59 AM
can you only access Farm Town through Facebook? for some reason, my FT posts are causing FB to limit my account.

Hi rjfxvii,

Yes you do need to use Facebook to be able to play.

You should be able to post 5 ingredients and 5 bonuses to your Facebook profile without getting blocked plus the facility requests.

Once you post from the game and that post is on Facebook, what you can do with it is then under Facebooks control.

When people tend to get blocked it's usually due to sharing or posting links for them too many times and some may be posting them to different areas of Facebook. That can trigger their automatic spam detection as it's sharing or copying the exact same thing over and over which is what a spammer would do. The other one is when posting many times is done too quickly in which case you may see a warning that mentions going too fast.

The more often you are warned by Facebook about something they are not happy with, the longer the block tends to be and that is also an automatic setting.

The only thing we can suggest is you have a think back to what you were doing with any posts throughout the day before you were first warned about being blocked, even if they were not game related. See if you could figure out what it is that could have triggered the block and try not to repeat it.

Tiger
Jul 27 2022, 06:08 AM
Hi, I don't appear to be seeing any FT facility/client posts on my news feed like I used to. I took a break from FT and I am wondering if there is something I did to stop seeing the posts. I can get the posts from the FT facility wall it's just that when I am on FB browsing it's handy when facility posts pop up and I can just click on them instead of having to load FT and go to the wall. Thanks

Hi Vivienne57,

Facebook are trying something new with what happens when you choose to not see any particular types of posts in News Feed whether it be from a game or specific people or pages on Facebook.

At this time the way to check for those is this, but it may well change again in the future:

Click on your Facebook proile picture in the top right of your News Feed.

Scroll down and click on Settings &Privacy.

Scroll down and click on Feed.

In the options that show under Whats in your Feed, click on Reconnect.

If it's a recent change you did it should show you those, but when it's something you did quite a while ago then you need to use the search box and type in Farm Town and see if it will show up that way.

When it does show then you click on the icon to the right of it with a plus sign and they should start showing up again.

However we do not know how quick Facebook will apply those changes.

If it's not that then it might be worth you visiting a few friends profiles that post from the game daily, click the like on some Farm Town posts and start following those friends if you are not, so Facebook knows that you want to see their posts in your News Feed.

Vivienne57
Jul 28 2022, 01:30 AM
Hi Vivienne57,

I have moved your post to the thread about Facebook NewsFeed.

It really depends on what you did to unfollow.

If you were in your NewsFeed and clicked on a Farm Town post and chose to unfollow a specific person or group you would have to go to that persons profile or group and follow them again.

If it was a friends Farm Town post in NewsFeed and you chose the option to Hide all from Farm Town app then you would need to:

Click on the small version of your Facebook profile picture top right of Facebook

Then click on Settings and Privacy

In the list that shows click on Feed

Then click on Reconnect and it should show you what or who you unfollowed.

If you see Farm Town listed with a black icon and a white plus symbol on that icon. Click that icon to turn it blue with a white check mark on it. If you see other things listed but not Farm Town try typing the name in the search box that shows to find it.

However I do not know how quick it will be for Facebook to update the changes you made so that you start seeing Farm Town posts in News Feed again.

Thank you very much :):)

michelle jo
Jul 31 2022, 02:33 AM
hi can i ask why some of the posts are not posting with pictures for bonuses and ingredients thank you

Tiger
Jul 31 2022, 04:26 AM
hi can i ask why some of the posts are not posting with pictures for bonuses and ingredients thank you

Hi michelle jo,

We're aware that some pictures on posts are showing up and some not and have let the developers know.

michelle jo
Jul 31 2022, 06:39 AM
ok thank you

SusieB
Aug 12 2022, 10:12 PM
When I work a neighbor's facility wall request, the first 50% of the farms the button to work that facility or refer clients is greyed out and I gain no products or XP. Only the one's worked by the mayor produce goods or XP. Cache has been cleared.

Taz D
Aug 12 2022, 10:21 PM
When I work a neighbor's facility wall request, the first 50% of the farms the button to work that facility or refer clients is greyed out and I gain no products or XP. Only the one's worked by the mayor produce goods or XP. Cache has been cleared.
Hi SusieB,
It appears this would be because of a problem that was introduced to night with the facilities when opened from the farm or in any of the quest manager where they are not showing anything in the facilities.
This has been reported to the developers. Only thing we can do is wait for them to fix the problem.

SusieB
Aug 12 2022, 10:31 PM
Thanks! Thought I was doing something goofy. Refreshed and refreshed to no avail.

qrice
Aug 13 2022, 07:56 AM
What is up with the work facilities? The button is greyed out, you can only click the x. The points do not accumulate but when the game does the last half, points accumulate.

Tiger
Aug 13 2022, 08:10 AM
Hi Everyone,

We are aware that there are problems with working facilities as well as starting/loading batches using some methods which can affect the NCC and Quests.

For full details please click on this link to be taken to the post in the known issues section of the forum:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658530

The developers and support are aware of the problems. We apologize for the inconveniences caused and again ask you to try to be patient while we wait for this to be resolved.

Qivis
Aug 13 2022, 09:58 AM
NONE of my Farm Town related posts are showing on my page from the last month! I tried the suggestions at the top of this thread to see what was going on and it only listed friends who I may be disconnected from and not applications at all. And yes, I did search under all the categories. So now I have 34 trillion coins, millions of crops, and only people who work from the list created by the link in the My Requests tab can see my factory and shop boost requests. I realize it is probably Facebook trying to fix what ain't broke, but since the others are reporting issues that are only somewhat similar I figured I better report this too.

Taz D
Aug 13 2022, 10:03 AM
NONE of my Farm Town related posts are showing on my page from the last month! I tried the suggestions at the top of this thread to see what was going on and it only listed friends who I may be disconnected from and not applications at all. And yes, I did search under all the categories. So now I have 34 trillion coins, millions of crops, and only people who work from the list created by the link in the My Requests tab can see my factory and shop boost requests. I realize it is probably Facebook trying to fix what ain't broke, but since the others are reporting issues that are only somewhat similar I figured I better report this too.
Hi Qivis,

When you post your facility requests for them to go to Facebook, make sure that you are posting to Feed and not Story. All so make sure that it says Friends as the audience. Other than that if they are not showing then it would have to be Facebook and there is nothing we can do about that. No need to report it here in that case.

Qivis
Aug 13 2022, 10:16 AM
Hi Qivis,

When you post your facility requests for them to go to Facebook, make sure that you are posting to Feed and not Story. All so make sure that it says Friends as the audience. Other than that if they are not showing then it would have to be Facebook and there is nothing we can do about that. No need to report it here in that case.

I am talking about posts that I made yesterday that were there as of last night. I just wanted to warn you that you might get similar complaints. After I posted here I looked farther back and nothing involving Farm Town is on my page except for where I have posted links relating to updates listed on this forum. :(

Taz D
Aug 13 2022, 10:20 AM
I am talking about posts that I made yesterday that were there as of last night. I just wanted to warn you that you might get similar complaints. After I posted here I looked farther back and nothing involving Farm Town is on my page except for where I have posted links relating to updates listed on this forum. :(
Hi Qivis,
There is nothing we can do and there is no need to report this here as it is Facebook. If they are yesterday's posts then they aren't any good to be worked at this point, so nothing to worry about. As long as you can see your current posts then your friends can work them.

barbaraelwart
Aug 14 2022, 03:13 AM
On my wall I have NO FT posts showing at all. I suppose this is a FB issue. It does not seem to be for everyone as I know others who can see them, but I have absolutely nothing about FT showing.

marymarcel
Aug 14 2022, 08:07 AM
On my wall I have NO FT posts showing at all. I suppose this is a FB issue. It does not seem to be for everyone as I know others who can see them, but I have absolutely nothing about FT showing.

Hi barbaraelwart :)

Do you have facebook purity extension added to your browser? If so, then check if that is the problem for not viewing the game posts.

Other than that, you need to contact Facebook as nothing can be done through the forum or Support.

ljb_dayton
Aug 16 2022, 06:05 PM
My requests to work at neighbors facilities stays pink forever, why is this, work is the worst, my partner can work and refer twice a day , but his timers seem different than mine, what are the supposed timers please and thanks so much

Taz D
Aug 16 2022, 06:13 PM
My requests to work at neighbors facilities stays pink forever, why is this, work is the worst, my partner can work and refer twice a day , but his timers seem different than mine, what are the supposed timers please and thanks so much
Hi ljb dayton,
The time depends on when the last time you worked anyones facility posts. It has nothing to do with how long ago you worked an individuals posts.

ljb_dayton
Aug 16 2022, 06:21 PM
Thanks so much but it doesn't seem to work for me as explained, Some neighbors requests are still pink after 12 hours since last visit, BUT i do play all day long and so does my partner, its just off drastically on timers, but thanks again

ljb_dayton
Aug 16 2022, 06:27 PM
i think i see the explanation, i cant work neighbor facilities in between this 8 hours, so say at 8:00 am till 9:00 am working facilities, i should not visit my request wall till after say 5:00 pm ?

Taz D
Aug 16 2022, 06:27 PM
Thanks so much but it doesn't seem to work for me as explained, Some neighbors requests are still pink after 12 hours since last visit, BUT i do play all day long and so does my partner, its just off drastically on timers, but thanks again
Hi ljb dayton,
As I said it is not based on an individual farmer's posts. It is not 8 hours after you worked that farmer's posts. It is that you can not work ANY facility posts for anyone for 8 hours to be able to work again for any farmer you have worked previously.
The timers are correctly set.