PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- September 26th, 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raul
Sep 26 2015, 02:01 AM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last updates released on November 12th, 5:10PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: EN ESPAŅOL AQUI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617086)

1. 13 People related decorations: 3 People, 2 People on Horses and 8 People in Motor Vehicles.

2. Farm 28: See prices below:

12x12 - 9000000000 coins or 50 FarmCash (New Farm)
14x14 - 9500000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
16x16 - 10000000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
18x18 - 10500000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
20x20 - 11000000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
22x22 - 11500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash

3. Super Neighbours hired for design Improvements: If the option "Allow selling and buying items with my coins" is enabled for a Super Neighbour, he/she will be able to:

a) Use his or your Dozer, Multi Planter, Plower or Transplanter on your farm. Notice that before this release, all Super Neighbours hired for design were able to use Plower tools on your farm, now they will *only* be able to use the Plowers if you have granted the "Allow selling and buying items with my coins" permission, the reason for this is that the money for the plow fields are taken from the farm owner so this should be approved by him. Remember he will never be able to delete Farm Cash items.

b) Buy new ground covers for your farm.

4. Show Workable Farms in Market: When you are hiring others and you are selecting the target farms, there will be a new blue button 'Show Work Info' on that screen. This will highlight all the farms with work available based on the type of work you selected previously. Each farm button will convey 3 bits of information, for example if farm 1 button shows '7500 in 30x30' it means that there are 7500 workable items on that farm, which size is 30x30.

Notice that the 7500 figure combines all the work available for the types of work you have selected, for example, if you did a Hire Multiple and selected all the options, it could mean that there is 1000 crops ready, 1000 trees ready to harvest, 1000 flowers ready, 1000 trees ready to chop, 1500 fields ready to plow and 2000 fish available to catch on that particular farm.

We also highlight in green how much of the total farm surface is covered with workable items, for example if half of your farm 1 is covered with ready to harvest crops, and 1 quarter is covered with ready to harvest trees and the last quarter is covered with decorations, the green bar will reflect that you have 3 quarters of your farm 1 surface covered with workable items.

In the future and based on users feedback we may decide to split the green bar by each type of work using different colors, so you can also have a good idea of how much of each type of work is available on each farm.

Due to the amount of back end resources that this operation consumes, you can only refresh this information once every 10 minutes.

5. Long Logs Freight Car: It will deliver Bamboo Log Pile, Cinnamon Log Pile, Cedar Log Pile, Pine Tree, Oak Log Pile, Maple Log Pile, Ebony Log Pile and Teak Log Pile.

6. Long Flowers Freight Car: It will deliver Glads, Tulips, Purple Orchid, Violets, Iris, Yellow Lilies, Marigold, Rose, Pink Rose and White Rose.

7. Other Improvements:

- When planting crops, if you open the Store and pick another seed, the current Seeder tool size that was selected before will remain selected. This will save you extra clicks if you plant different crops on the same farm, you don't need to keep selecting the same Seeder again and again, just open the Store and pick a new seed.
- Easier to highlight these crops: Wheat, Eggplant, Cotton, Carrots, Corn, Potato, Raspberry, Blueberry, Coffee, Pineapples. This was released 2 weeks ago.
- When you are accepting gifts and your Gift Box is full, we will show a Warning message so you don't lose your gifts.
- New 'Remove Neighbour' option in your neighbour bar.
- Bug Fix: If you removed a neighbour that was your Super Neighbour as well, you don't have a way to remove him from your Super Neighbour list as he will not appear on your Neighbour Bar. Moving forward we will remove those Super Neighbours automatically.
- When you hire others to Plow, there is a Message Box with an explanation of how the economy works for the Plow work, we removed this message.

8. Two new Crops: New Dragon Fruit cash crop to replace the Acorn Squash which is now used in the Canadian Restaurant. Jute crop used to make Jute Textile Roll on the Textile and Spinning Mill.

9. African Restaurant (FC): Produces African Food.

Fufu n Okra Soup
Doro Wat
Bobotie
Suya
Jollof Rice n Fish
Octopus Couscous
Chicken Maafe
Halva

New Products in other facilities: Sorghum Flour on the Windmills. Injera Bread on the Bakery.

10. Orchard Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Orchard Supplies.

Tree Ring
Tree Guard
Tree Branch Support
Harvest Basket
Weed Mats
Soaker Hose
Bark Scraper
Pole Pruner

New Products in other facilities: Jute Textile Roll on the Textile and Spinning Mill.

11. Irrigation Supplies Shop (FC): Provides Irrigation Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Irrigation Supplies Factory.

12. Orchard Supplies Shop (Coins): Provides Orchard Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Orchard Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - September 27th, 2:40PM

- The Long Flowers Car is back on the store available for purchase.

Post-Release Updates - September 28th, 6:30PM

BugFix: Some users were having issues accepting or exchanging gifts, please report if you are still having issues.

Post-Release Updates - September 28th, 11:30PM

- BugFix: The Get Work Info was not considering correctly information about the farm irrigation status, this caused the numbers of work items available in a farm to be incorrect for people using irrigators.

Post-Release Updates - September 30th, 6:50PM

- Bug Fix: If you removed a neighbour that was your Super Neighbour as well, you don't have a way to remove him from your Super Neighbour list as he will not appear on your Neighbour Bar. Moving forward we will remove those Super Neighbours automatically.
- When you hire others to Plow, there is a Message Box with an explanation of how the economy works for the Plow work, we removed this message.

Post-Release Updates - October 1st, 8:00PM

- We just released last year's Halloween items. Next week we will release 16 new items.

Post-Release Updates - October 2nd, 3:00PM

- Released the African Restaurant.

Post-Release Updates - October 7th, 7:30PM

- 16 new Halloween items released, 5 as gifts and 11 on the Store.

Post-Release Updates - October 16th, 11:10PM

- General Performance Improvements: The latest version of the Flash Player introduced some changes that slowed down the game considerably on many areas, we just released several workarounds to minimize this impact, on some or even on most situations the game should now be faster than it was before, when moving the mouse over the farm, dragging the farm around and when doing farming operations, even on larger farms.

One of the compromise we did was that when you move the mouse over the farm items, the items are not highlighted until you stop moving the mouse, only then the item under the mouse is highlighted for you to interact with it, we think this should not be a major issue compared to the performance gains of this new strategy.

We tested the game as much as we could but the change covered many areas so please report your comments and if you find any major inconveniences with the new changes.

Post-Release Updates - October 17th, 7:00PM

- The process of switching tools should now be much faster.

Post-Release Updates - October 20th, 8:25PM

- New performance improvements, faster moving around the farm, dragging farm, faster farming, better highlighting and moving/placing items in farm and faster tool switching. Please leave feedback on this changes on this thread.

Post-Release Updates - October 21th, 8:30PM

- BugFix: You can now highlight and select transparent trains.

Post-Release Updates - November 10th, 5:00AM

- 10 new Thanksgiving items, 4 as gifts, 4 in the top section and 2 in the bottom section of the Store.
- The 'Thanksgiving Sign Decor' has been renamed to 'Thanks Sign' and you can now send it back to friends.

Post-Release Updates - November 10th, 10:00PM

- As part of the game performance optimization efforts we have upgraded our Flash Development Environment to the latest version, this in itself should bring some improvements but it's possible that you may find some hiccups due to this that we will have to fix as we go, but so far it looks pretty stable, please report any issues.

- We have also focused on improving some of the key farming operations in the game, in particular, when using the tree shaker, flower harvester and log truck, so big farms fully populated with trees or flowers should be faster to handle now, I even tried 40 x 40 farms fully populated with trees and the experience was acceptable on a 6 years old computer with 4GB of RAM, Intel Core Duo 3GHz CPU.

- Multiplanters do not show progress bars or transparency on trees or flowers anymore, this makes easier planting the next set of trees with the correct alignment.

- We also fixed most of the issues with the Show XYZ options in the Preferences Window, when Showing and Hiding items, they should not reappear again when moving the mouse.

- Removed the green patches that were appearing randomly while farming

- Fixed bugs that caused items to get hidden when moved from storage to farms

- Fixed bugs related to moving animals to item storage or sheds

- The behavior of the red lines when hiding items is exactly the same as it was before

- The next release should probably come by the end of this week

Post-Release Updates - November 11th, 8:00PM

- Fixed an issue that caused malfunctioning of the game for some users, like game not loading, flashing quest icon or gray tools in toolbox.

Post-Release Updates - November 12th, 5:10PM

- We just released a workaround for the 'Show FarmTown Wall Requests' problem, old posts are not available anymore, from now on, when your friends post something, you will see it.

With this new change by facebook we do not have access to the manually entered custom message anymore, so if your friend entered a message manually when posting you will only see that message on your facebook friends feed but not on the 'Show FarmTown Wall Requests' page.

Known Issues

- When Showing/Hiding items sometimes there are sections that are not shown correctly
- When using the Multiplanter sometimes some of the recently planted items get hidden

Lance75231
Sep 26 2015, 02:03 AM
Thanks for the updates and can not wait to read about them

AussieGecko
Sep 26 2015, 02:06 AM
I knew something was going on. Can't wait to see what we have!

Nighthawk12345
Sep 26 2015, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the update.

For those who cant wait for details, I have so far found 3 new factories,
Farm 28
2 new train wagons
2 new crops

Begonia Wildwind
Sep 26 2015, 02:50 AM
Thank you, thank you!! I am sure it will be spectacular, as always!

Annie of Green Gables
Sep 26 2015, 03:02 AM
I knew something was going on. Can't wait to see what we have!

Waiting, waiting, waiting...

bluehair
Sep 26 2015, 03:08 AM
wooohoo now have my farm for chopping trees

crafty chris
Sep 26 2015, 03:17 AM
thanks will be looking forward to the full release details later :)

buffaloboy
Sep 26 2015, 03:40 AM
hi found this but i clear all caches and its still again
if u cant open the pic its a gigtbox glitch with akzepting
best regards
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1242058695810410&set=a.808382935844657.1073741829.100000188751345&type=3

maggiel29
Sep 26 2015, 04:53 AM
Thank you - nice weekend pressie to keep me occupied :)

People, another farm and new train cars and a cash crop :)

Dave L
Sep 26 2015, 05:56 AM
The 'Show Workable Farms in Market' feature doesn't seem to work properly. I had 20 farms ready to H&P, and it only showed 4 of them. Didn't work for fruit trees either.

Aussie Rae
Sep 26 2015, 05:57 AM
glitches already.. super neighbours not working .. unable to use green hand to move anything.. I am sure things will get sorted asap. am off to bed.. been a long day.. happy farming all..

mac16129
Sep 26 2015, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the great update.

Farmer_Susan
Sep 26 2015, 06:22 AM
Love, love, LOVE the Show Workable Farms in Market thing! I've been asking for that forever! However, there do seem to be glitches. At first I thought maybe it was just a quest farm thing - one of my quest farms only showed 2 items available and there were thousands. Seeing Dave L's post makes me think it may not have calculated the correct amounts on several of my farms, though, because I was surprised to see that there were so few.

Also, I noticed that it look a long time after I clicked on someone to hire them before I saw the "Hire request went through" text. I lost several potential hires because it took so long for my requests to go through.

But I STILL am so happy to see this feature! Just needs a bit of work. : )

P.S. I just went BACK to the market and did NOT experience the lag time in being able to hire. Not sure what the difference was.

damichcoop
Sep 26 2015, 07:08 AM
So, since we have all these long train cars now...what's the point of planting flowers, trees, crops, or doing anything????? we are so taking the community out of farmtown with each improvement.

al_bundy
Sep 26 2015, 07:16 AM
awesome release

love to see a use for brussell sprouts and the new Dragon fruit soon :)

al_bundy
Sep 26 2015, 07:17 AM
So, since we have all these long train cars now...what's the point of planting flowers, trees, crops, or doing anything????? we are so taking the community out of farmtown with each improvement.

you will still need to plant all these the trains wont provide enough to cover what is needed its just a boost

mary kathleen
Sep 26 2015, 07:20 AM
you know some ppl go to the inns to visit and we need new clothes and new faces expressions not everyone is into farming

paddyapple
Sep 26 2015, 07:21 AM
I plant lots of crops on 1 farm. Thank you for making it easier!

Serenity Dilsworth
Sep 26 2015, 07:35 AM
At the moment, it is the only crop left that I can safely sell to supplement farm coins. I hope they never find a use for it. LOL

Serenity Dilsworth of Merrymeet Farms

haydenmm
Sep 26 2015, 08:21 AM
How do you use the feature that lets you see what farms have stuff ready in the marketplace? I don't see anything different.

marymarcel
Sep 26 2015, 08:28 AM
How do you use the feature that lets you see what farms have stuff ready in the marketplace? I don't see anything different.

Hi haydenmm:)

When you go to marketplace to hire a farmer and after selecting the jobs you want them to do on your farms, you will see the name of all your farms to select. Near the buttons for ALL or NONE you will see a new button Show Work Info. If you click on it you will see the information.:)

JW2009
Sep 26 2015, 08:36 AM
Awesome, Thank you Raul and Dev. Team :)

jm3810@msn.com
Sep 26 2015, 08:39 AM
Nice early birthday present Thanks

amycamille
Sep 26 2015, 08:44 AM
Thanks for yet another awesome update. I'm still trying to make my farms big enough to hold all these new train cars. At least it's something to look forward to. SUPER happy that the need for a new cash crop was addressed so quickly. Now I can't wait to go plant some on my farms. :D

macwinter
Sep 26 2015, 08:47 AM
Thank you for the great update.

Texas Belle
Sep 26 2015, 09:16 AM
Thank you, nice release... let the games begin.. now on to buy.. as always You Guys Rock... thanks again..

JW2009
Sep 26 2015, 10:10 AM
Hi, just wondering one thing, the Acorn Squash still has the [?] next to it and the Dragon Fruit doesn't. Thank you

Sophiegirlie
Sep 26 2015, 10:22 AM
Will the Halloween decorations be added to the store? I am ready to start decorating, but I can't find the Seasonal items in the store yet :/

Taz D
Sep 26 2015, 10:22 AM
Hi, just wondering one thing, the Acorn Squash still has the [?] next to it and the Dragon Fruit doesn't. Thank you
Hi JW,
The acorn squash is still used in the facility. There was some talk last release when Acorn Squash got used in a facility that we no longer had an unused "cash" crop for just selling. That is what the Dragon Fruit is now. So Acorn Squash is used in a facility and Dragon Fruit is a new "cash" crop. Drogon fruit did not replace the Acorn Squash in the facility.

JW2009
Sep 26 2015, 10:36 AM
Ohk thank you :)Hi JW,
The acorn squash is still used in the facility. There was some talk last release when Acorn Squash got used in a facility that we no longer had an unused "cash" crop for just selling. That is what the Dragon Fruit is now. So Acorn Squash is used in a facility and Dragon Fruit is a new "cash" crop. Drogon fruit did not replace the Acorn Squash in the facility.

gffarmer
Sep 26 2015, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the update! It is amazing how you keep coming up with new things!

Dbutrfli
Sep 26 2015, 11:03 AM
You people are amazing and I just love FarmTown!!! Thanks for all the great new things. I always look forward to the monthly releases.

anglnwhite
Sep 26 2015, 11:18 AM
Thank you Raul et al for the new release! Hoping that the Halloween decorations will be available soon.

Missy Lou
Sep 26 2015, 11:28 AM
knew something was coming down the pipeline. how exciting! TYVM :)

beverduster
Sep 26 2015, 11:40 AM
i tried to buy on the new farm, the 16X , tried 5 times and didnt get it, but it took my coins for it, it there a glitch ? i should be up to the 22X but im stuck on 14X

Taz D
Sep 26 2015, 12:17 PM
i tried to buy on the new farm, the 16X , tried 5 times and didnt get it, but it took my coins for it, it there a glitch ? i should be up to the 22X but im stuck on 14X
Hi Beverduster,
I can see that you tried several times. You will need to contact Support about this as we can not do any refunds through the forums. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

beverduster
Sep 26 2015, 12:45 PM
Hi Beverduster,
I can see that you tried several times. You will need to contact Support about this as we can not do any refunds through the forums. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

thanks taz

art4227
Sep 26 2015, 02:37 PM
The 'Show Workable Farms in Market' feature doesn't seem to work properly. I had 20 farms ready to H&P, and it only showed 4 of them. Didn't work for fruit trees either.

It looks like to me, that this is only showing crop after normal growth time, but does not show crops ready early do to irrigation.

JAS0643
Sep 26 2015, 02:41 PM
Thank for the update. When can er expect Halloween directions?

lornagayle
Sep 26 2015, 02:53 PM
my favorite part of this release is being able to go to market and seeing what farms have things ready to hire people for, I find having super neighbors and not much time I never know what I have growing these days, thank you for the goodies.

theperfectnina
Sep 26 2015, 03:13 PM
For some reason I am unable to accept gifts AT ALL, is anyone else having this issue??

demetri@webmail.co.za
Sep 26 2015, 04:47 PM
wooohoo now have my farm for chopping trees

can i look at your farms?
do you have a link ?

billypanther
Sep 26 2015, 05:32 PM
thanks for the great update - and as said before - really love the new hiring improvement - just a fantastic game
Clivia

BarbLH
Sep 26 2015, 06:59 PM
:confused:
For some reason I am unable to accept gifts AT ALL, is anyone else having this issue??

I'm having trouble accepting gifts, too. I cleared my cache & ran the FT memcache but it's still not working for me. I tried to accept my gifts & received the message: "An error has occurred. Please try again later."

I am able to accept all train boosts.

Thanks for any help.

BarbLH
Sep 26 2015, 07:38 PM
UPDATE: I fiddled around a bit & when I tried to accept all gifts it always seemed to stop at one particular friend's gift. I IGNORED it & was then able to accept all other gifts.

Taz D
Sep 26 2015, 07:46 PM
UPDATE: I fiddled around a bit & when I tried to accept all gifts it always seemed to stop at one particular friend's gift. I IGNORED it & was then able to accept all other gifts.
Hi Barb,
Do you remember what the gift was? I would like to try and duplicate it. If it isa specific one then we need to pass that on to the developers.

BarbLH
Sep 26 2015, 07:50 PM
Hi Barb,
Do you remember what the gift was? I would like to try and duplicate it. If it isa specific one then we need to pass that on to the developers.

I think it was sugar. BUT...I received other sugar gifts, too. It was just that one from a particular friend. (BTW, I exchanged all of the gifts for Olive Trees.)

Taz D
Sep 26 2015, 08:16 PM
I think it was sugar. BUT...I received other sugar gifts, too. It was just that one from a particular friend. (BTW, I exchanged all of the gifts for Olive Trees.)
Hi Barb,
Ok then if the others worked ok then it doesn't seem to be the gift. May have just been a fluke that at that time that 1 gift didn't work.

bjyhey3
Sep 26 2015, 08:57 PM

I've been unable to accept or send to just one person...the rest are accepted and sent as if nothing was wrong but they aren't showing up in my gift box.

Taz D
Sep 26 2015, 09:06 PM
I've been unable to accept or send to just one person...the rest are accepted and sent as if nothing was wrong but they aren't showing up in my gift box.
Hi bjyhey,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

It may be that your gifts are not updating and you are accepting the same gifts more than once in which they will not show in your gift box.

bjyhey3
Sep 26 2015, 09:49 PM
Hi bjyhey,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

It may be that your gifts are not updating and you are accepting the same gifts more than once in which they will not show in your gift box.

Thank You :)

Kathy813
Sep 26 2015, 11:16 PM
I hired someone to harvest trees AND chop trees. Then when I went to select the farms, the new Show Work Info only showed where there were trees to be chopped.

Taz D
Sep 26 2015, 11:41 PM
I hired someone to harvest trees AND chop trees. Then when I went to select the farms, the new Show Work Info only showed where there were trees to be chopped.
Hi Kathy,
When I tried this I thought the same thing that it was not showing the work available until I realized that the farms in the Show Work are in the original farm arrangement and not where I moved them to. So where my trees show on farms as being on farm 2 they are actually on farm 9 because I rearranged them. So the trees needing harvesting and chopped are on farm 9 and that is where the worker would be sent.

AnnaWalls
Sep 26 2015, 11:54 PM
More things to save coins for. Wish they were easier to come by. I have so little money I can spend on this game. hahaha I'd probably spend hundreds of $$$$ If I had it. haha

Kathy813
Sep 27 2015, 12:09 AM
Taz: I have not moved any of my farms! There is some other reason for the glitch that did not show the actual work to be done on my farms.

Wally Walford
Sep 27 2015, 12:23 AM
I am having the same problem. It will accept the first 7 or 8 and I can exchange them - all others I get the "There is an error, please try later" message

FarmerWitch
Sep 27 2015, 12:41 AM
thanks for a lovely update!

firegold flames
Sep 27 2015, 02:05 AM
thanks for updates.

lgable
Sep 27 2015, 03:22 AM
Also had problems with accepting gifts, the first 3 items on the top of my gift page were sugar and I could not collect or exchange any until they were rejected

ianski71@btinternet.com
Sep 27 2015, 07:24 AM
have just noticed when you go to train section in the store it says that long flowers car locked released monday i bought mine yesterday and its still on my farm although i was unable to send one as a gift to my mum's farm

sdsickinger
Sep 27 2015, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the new updates..

I planted all my farms with Jute. Hired several different people to harvest them but never got any bonuses. Went to 7th Dan without being able to get any Bonuses at all..:(

matrix1272
Sep 27 2015, 08:23 AM
Having same problem with receiving/sending gifts, keep getting the Error Message - Error please try again later

Anne Stallard
Sep 27 2015, 08:52 AM
Lots of problems! Giving and receiving gifts, moving items using the transplanters, planting in places where not intended........
Apart from that, it was a great update!

thehufarm
Sep 27 2015, 11:12 AM
Since this new update to the game, when I accept gifts, I'll get this message intermittently:

An error has occurred. Please try again later.

I keep trying later and still get this message. I have to delete the gift.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/atzfyml68p9ryab/Screenshot%202015-09-27%2009.30.27.png?dl=0

[link above works now]

barbaraelwart
Sep 27 2015, 11:36 AM
Thanks for a great update, I have been away and this is the first chance I have to check it out. Bought the facilities and then went to buy the trains. It says the flower train is not available till Monday?? Does not say that in the release info ....... I was so pleased there was one, but guess I have to be patient for a little while longer - maybe sorting out problems has taken precedence? Anyway, off to plant the new crops now :D

Taz D
Sep 27 2015, 11:38 AM
Since this new update to the game, when I accept gifts, I'll get this message intermittently:

An error has occurred. Please try again later.

I keep trying later and still get this message. I have to delete the gift.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70ayjl5rb0zk4n0/Screenshot%202015-09-27%2009.32.05.png?dl=0
Hi thehufarm,
We have reported this to the developers. Just have to wait and see if they have a solution for this.

maddiesauntie
Sep 27 2015, 11:46 AM
Unfortunately since the update, we can not accept gifts, add neighbors :(

deannemike
Sep 27 2015, 12:01 PM
Glad you added new people. It's a shame I cannot afford them for a long time. How about some new "Coins" people?

anglnwhite
Sep 27 2015, 12:38 PM
The "Show workable farms in the market" idea is brilliant. Exactly what we need to save time and help those of us who forget which farm we needed to hire for before we get from our farms to the market.

I'm confident you will get the bugs worked out. I'd definitely like to be able to refresh that screen more often than every 10 minutes, but understand the need to steam line the code and/or improve server resources before that can happen. It would also be nice to be able to view that screen and all the work that needs to be done on my farms before I choose a worker/type of work to be done.

Thanks again for all the work you put into the game!

Taz D
Sep 27 2015, 12:49 PM
Raul has posted the following Known Issues. Please be patient while they try to work these issues out.

Known Issues

- The Long Flowers Car has been temporarily locked until we fix an issue that was happening with it.
- Some people are having issues accepting or sending gifts
- The information in the Get Work Info is sometimes inaccurate

Tiger
Sep 27 2015, 02:46 PM
Raul has just posted this in his notes >>

Post-Release Updates - September 27th, 2:40PM

- The Long Flowers Car is back on the store available for purchase.

Original Tee
Sep 27 2015, 03:36 PM
Glad you added new people. It's a shame I cannot afford them for a long time. How about some new "Coins" people?

what do you mean? the only farm cash item under people i see is the woman and dog in car.

HelenJS22
Sep 27 2015, 05:36 PM
Yay!!! THANK YOU. Love having people in vehicles :)

Lance75231
Sep 28 2015, 02:00 AM
I planted Jute (one of the new crop that is an ingredient) and when someone harvest it for me it went straight to the 7th dan degree with out letting me receive any bonuses to post and I did not plant enough to get to that level - is anyone experience this and is this an issue that has been reported?

mjl1960
Sep 28 2015, 05:09 AM
I am now not able to go to neighbors farm and work their facilities automatically for some reason. I am back to having to click on each farm, which is very annoying.

marymarcel
Sep 28 2015, 07:49 AM
I am now not able to go to neighbors farm and work their facilities automatically for some reason. I am back to having to click on each farm, which is very annoying.

Hi mjl1960:)

Do you have your trains dispatched?

TheWheezer
Sep 28 2015, 10:23 AM
Is anyone else having a problem with a large red dot appearing in the window of one of the farms when you are working facilities for your neighbors?

Tiger
Sep 28 2015, 10:30 AM
Is anyone else having a problem with a large red dot appearing in the window of one of the farms when you are working facilities for your neighbors?

Hi The Wheezer,

Not sure where you mean. If it's showing up in the farm selector manager top left of your game screen, where you can choose the farm to visit, then you may have been made SN for that farm and have permission to design it.

Petuniaflower
Sep 28 2015, 02:23 PM
you are welcome to move this.It may not be happening to everyone.Facebook is having a issue of some sort. It isn't farmtown. I am or was will go try again having problems loading FACEBOOK!Says it is a temporary problem.Just thought I would say something in case others think it is Raul's problem. LOL BLAME FACEBOOK.May be fixed now will go try.Want to see how long temporary is for Facebook.

Taz D
Sep 28 2015, 03:04 PM
you are welcome to move this.It may not be happening to everyone.Facebook is having a issue of some sort. It isn't farmtown. I am or was will go try again having problems loading FACEBOOK!Says it is a temporary problem.Just thought I would say something in case others think it is Raul's problem. LOL BLAME FACEBOOK.May be fixed now will go try.Want to see how long temporary is for Facebook.
Looks like it is back up now for me, so only a temporary glitch.

maggiel29
Sep 28 2015, 03:49 PM
I planted Jute (one of the new crop that is an ingredient) and when someone harvest it for me it went straight to the 7th dan degree with out letting me receive any bonuses to post and I did not plant enough to get to that level - is anyone experience this and is this an issue that has been reported?

I got to Dan 7 fairly easily - I DID plant a lot. But it did go through the other levels first - I just didnt post them as I knew I had enough for Dan 7. If someone else harvests for you it IS easy to miss them.

Lance75231
Sep 28 2015, 05:58 PM
I got to Dan 7 fairly easily - I DID plant a lot. But it did go through the other levels first - I just didnt post them as I knew I had enough for Dan 7. If someone else harvests for you it IS easy to miss them.

I did not plant enough to get to the 7th dan degree, only planted 3 signal lanyard fields but all of a sudden i am at 7th dan degree and did not even get to be able to post any bonuses to get more, it sucks, wanted to utilize the bonuses for the new crop but guest I wont be able to

Taz D
Sep 28 2015, 06:05 PM
I did not plant enough to get to the 7th dan degree, only planted 3 signal lanyard fields but all of a sudden i am at 7th dan degree and did not even get to be able to post any bonuses to get more, it sucks, wanted to utilize the bonuses for the new crop but guest I wont be able to
Hi Lance,
I can see over 72,000 Jute in your storrage. That is well over the amount needed for the 7th dan.

Taz D
Sep 28 2015, 06:13 PM
Raul just posted a fix for the gifts problem. If you are still having problems please post here.

Post-Release Updates - September 28th, 6:30PM

BugFix: Some users were having issues accepting or exchanging gifts, please report if you are still having issues.

Lance75231
Sep 28 2015, 06:19 PM
Hi Lance,
I can see over 72,000 Jute in your storrage. That is well over the amount needed for the 7th dan.

can you tell how much of that is what i helped my friends with on their bonuses? reason I ask is because i started helping other claim bonuses when this originally occurred and helped friends harvesting their Jute crops

Taz D
Sep 28 2015, 06:35 PM
can you tell how much of that is what i helped my friends with on their bonuses? reason I ask is because i started helping other claim bonuses when this originally occurred and helped friends harvesting their Jute crops
Hi Lance,
No I can not distinguish the bonus amounts but I assure you that you would never get that much from bonuses. The bonus amounts for each bonus is only around 300.

NJones277
Sep 28 2015, 06:38 PM
Still having the issue with accepting gifts, however it's usually on a gift that someone has sent multiples of. Usually the last one in the multiple send. I've just been ignoring that particular gift. A fix would be nice, but this may explain things a little better for you.

Lance75231
Sep 28 2015, 06:52 PM
Hi Lance,
No I can not distinguish the bonus amounts but I assure you that you would never get that much from bonuses. The bonus amounts for each bonus is only around 300.

the 3 fields i planted would have get me right at 14,000 if that many - I have helped multiple people that had layered fields with the Jute crop so unless helping others harvest crops counts toward my bonus or 14,000 is the limit for 7th dan degree for that crop then i can see that and i will have to accept that...but if not then I got screwed and I will have to accept that as well

Qivis
Sep 28 2015, 07:01 PM

Hear hear!

I found out this morning that I am not the only one who has been unable to open anything in Facebook, but I did send Raul an email before I commented on another thread here yesterday in case he thought it necessary to freeze people's farms before their crops go bad - since most other farmers don't already have a few Super Neighbors lined up. As it happens I only have managed to get here by looking up the forum's own site. And I certainly cannot blame Raul as he is one hard working dude. :) He even gave us the latest update a couple days earlier than I though he might.

JW2009
Sep 28 2015, 08:47 PM
I have been collected Jute from friends and i made over 40,000Hi Lance,

Taz D
Sep 28 2015, 09:08 PM
the 3 fields i planted would have get me right at 14,000 if that many - I have helped multiple people that had layered fields with the Jute crop so unless helping others harvest crops counts toward my bonus or 14,000 is the limit for 7th dan degree for that crop then i can see that and i will have to accept that...but if not then I got screwed and I will have to accept that as well
Hi Lance,
I am sorry, but regardless of how much you planted there isn't any way we can change the belt level you have reached.

Lance75231
Sep 28 2015, 09:14 PM
Hi Lance,
I am sorry, but regardless of how much you planted there isn't any way we can change the belt level you have reached.

thank you Taz, it is not your fault, you and all the other Monitors are doing a wonderful job.....just sucks that I got screwed by the game again....

Taz D
Sep 30 2015, 06:16 PM
Just added by Raul:

Known Issues

- None

beverduster
Oct 01 2015, 07:47 AM
are we going to get the halloween stuff this year?

dave1949
Oct 01 2015, 08:25 AM
When I hire some one to h/p, getting message box explaining how plow hire works!!

Taz D
Oct 01 2015, 08:32 AM
When I hire some one to h/p, getting message box explaining how plow hire works!!
Hi Dave,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again to see if it is still there.

Stu3
Oct 01 2015, 01:57 PM
Just added by Raul:

Known Issues

- None

This is for raul..

Can you move the 2 new lines the edit SN and the remove neighbour up above the hire box in the menu ( when selecting a neighbour) it is a possibility people who are trying to show cq's could end up removing neighbour instead

Texas Belle
Oct 01 2015, 05:58 PM
When are we getting the new Restaurant, its almost "later in the week", one more day to go... please.... thanks..

StoneFace
Oct 01 2015, 06:36 PM
When are we getting the new Restaurant, its almost "later in the week", one more day to go... please.... thanks..

While we are waiting... let's guess what items might be made/sold in an African restaurant....

Asida ..... A lump of cooked wheat flour dough, sometimes with butter or honey added

Bobotie..... Spiced ground meat with an egg topping.

Kachumbari ..... A fresh tomato and onion salad.

Feijoada .... A stew of beans, beef, and pork.

Vetkoek .... Dough deep-fried in cooking oil and either filled with cooked mince (ground beef) or spread with syrup, honey, or jam

Makroudh .... A pastry often filled with dates or almonds.

:rolleyes:

Petuniaflower
Oct 01 2015, 06:36 PM
This is for raul..

Can you move the 2 new lines the edit SN and the remove neighbour up above the hire box in the menu ( when selecting a neighbour) it is a possibility people who are trying to show cq's could end up removing neighbour instead

I thought this myself.Thinking I would be the first to do it.Somedays my hands are not tooo steady. I was wanting to know a fix for deleting a good neighbor!:confused::)

Taz D
Oct 01 2015, 06:41 PM
I thought this myself.Thinking I would be the first to do it.Somedays my hands are not tooo steady. I was wanting to know a fix for deleting a good neighbor!:confused::)
Hi Petuniaflower,
There is a warning message before you actually delete them.

beverduster
Oct 01 2015, 07:16 PM
raul is in the house, mabe we are fixin to get the new cafe

SeaJay
Oct 01 2015, 07:38 PM
While we are waiting... let's guess what items might be made/sold in an African restaurant....

Asida ..... A lump of cooked wheat flour dough, sometimes with butter or honey added

Vetkoek .... Dough deep-fried in cooking oil and either filled with cooked mince (ground beef) or spread with syrup, honey, or jam

We already have Feijoada in the Brazillian Restaurant. :D

TexasQuilter
Oct 01 2015, 08:02 PM

More African foods might be the following:

Chakhchoukha --A stew of lamb, spices, tomatoes, and flatbread.

Garri--made from cassava tubers

Harira--adouira - a thickening mixture made from flour and water and sometimes canned tomato paste, which is added to the end of the harira cooking process[5tomatoes and tomato concentrate, lentils, chickpeas, onions, rice, eggs, herbs (celery, parsley, coriander),spices (saffron, ginger, pepper), olive oil, meat: beef, lamb , or chicken

Matoke--A meal consisting of steamed green banana (or plantain) and is one of the national dishes of Uganda

Samosa--Fried or baked pastry with a savory filling such as spiced potatoes, onions, peas, lentils, ground lamb or chicken.

beverduster
Oct 01 2015, 10:48 PM
unc, you forgot lion gizzard & monkey tail

StoneFace
Oct 02 2015, 06:05 AM
Halloween tab is now available.

SunnyD
Oct 02 2015, 10:00 AM
Post-Release Updates - October 1st, 8:00PM

- We just released last year's Halloween items. Next week we will release 14 new items.

Known Issues

- None

New cute Halloween stuff in the store.... loving this update... Thanks Raul and team...

Texas Belle
Oct 02 2015, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post

We already have Feijoada in the Brazillian Restaurant.

Feijoada is original of Brazil...
_

Texas Belle
Oct 02 2015, 01:03 PM

How about Lion stew, something we don't have to use a lot of the stuff that we are always short of like honey-- :) and if we get something more that uses the polyesters I am going to scream.. lol

marymarcel
Oct 02 2015, 02:34 PM
Hi All:)

From Raul notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - October 2nd, 3:00PM

- Released the African Restaurant.

Please check point 9 in the main post as new products were added.

NJones277
Oct 02 2015, 06:35 PM
I'm confused. We now have dragon fruit which was supposed to "replace acorn squash" but dragon fruit is still showing up as a non-ingredient and it has no question mark in the market. What is going to happen with this crop? Canadian Restaurant is still using acorn squash. Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks.

Taz D
Oct 02 2015, 06:38 PM
I'm confused. We now have dragon fruit which was supposed to "replace acorn squash" but dragon fruit is still showing up as a non-ingredient and it has no question mark in the market. What is going to happen with this crop? Canadian Restaurant is still using acorn squash. Can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks.
Hi NJones,
Acorn squash was a non-ingredient and then they made it an ingredient in one of the newer facilities. There were complaints that we didn't have a money crop, one that was a non-ingredient so they created the dragon fruit. So dragon fruit replaced acorn squash as a cash crop, not in the facility use.

NJones277
Oct 02 2015, 06:52 PM
Thanks Taz. That clears things up. :)

SeaJay
Oct 02 2015, 10:40 PM
9. African Restaurant (FC): Produces African Food.

Fufu n Okra Soup
Doro Wat
Bobotie
Suya
Jollof Rice n Fish
Octopus Couscous
Chicken Maafe
Halva

New Products in other facilities: Sorghum Flour on the Windmills. Injera Bread on the Bakery.

AND..... we have a use for dried apricots now.

Kathy813
Oct 03 2015, 02:31 AM
I'm confused! What is the new product, Sorghum Flour, used for?

marymarcel
Oct 03 2015, 06:59 AM
I'm confused! What is the new product, Sorghum Flour, used for?

Hi Kathy:)

You need sorghum to produce sorghum flour in the Windmills. Then, with sorghum flour you can produce Injera bread in the Bakery. With Injera bread you can make Doro Wat in the new African Restaurant.:)

edie0749
Oct 03 2015, 03:44 PM
Just noticed that a super neighbor (with planting ability) only did some planting and it did not show me they had worked on my farm . . just an FYI

anne.imbimbo
Oct 03 2015, 06:40 PM
I made one of my neighbors a super neighbor to plant some crops for me. However, after he did his planting.. it did not show up in the list that he worked my fields. I checked back a couple of times after refreshing and it still was not listed.

Taz D
Oct 03 2015, 06:45 PM
I made one of my neighbors a super neighbor to plant some crops for me. However, after he did his planting.. it did not show up in the list that he worked my fields. I checked back a couple of times after refreshing and it still was not listed.
Hi Anne,
Apparently, from our testing, if they only plant then it does not show in the activity log.

Lance75231
Oct 03 2015, 07:06 PM
Hi Anne,
Apparently, from our testing, if they only plant then it does not show in the activity log.

Is this something that is suppose to be in the activity log as part of someone working your field(s). And if so - is the developers going to be notified or is this even going to be mentioned to the developers?

Taz D
Oct 03 2015, 07:11 PM
Is this something that is suppose to be in the activity log as part of someone working your field(s). And if so - is the developers going to be notified or is this even going to be mentioned to the developers?
Hi Lance ,
Since planting as a super neighbor is new then that hadn't been considered. It will be up to the developers to decide if they want to add it.

Lance75231
Oct 03 2015, 07:14 PM
Hi Lance ,
Since planting as a super neighbor is new then that hadn't been considered. It will be up to the developers to decide if they want to add it.

so it will not be reported to the developers, Thank you Taz for your help

Taz D
Oct 03 2015, 07:16 PM
so it will not be reported to the developers, Thank you Taz for your help
Hi Lance,
I did not say that. By the posts here in this thread about it then the developers will be aware of it as well as the moderators reporting it to them.

Lance75231
Oct 03 2015, 07:18 PM
Hi Lance,
I did not say that.

ok will the developers be notified?

Taz D
Oct 03 2015, 07:29 PM
ok will the developers be notified?
Hi Lance,
They will be notified, but as it is not a major problem we are not sending an email immediately. If Raul happens to check here first then he will see the posts about it.

Lance75231
Oct 03 2015, 07:31 PM
Hi Lance,
They will be notified, but as it is not a major problem we are not sending an email immediately. If Raul happens to check here first then he will see the posts about it.

Thank you Taz for your help, again you and all the Monitors and Raul are Awesome....

Docperk
Oct 04 2015, 11:50 AM
What level do you have to have for the new Dragon Fruit?

Alexandra_J
Oct 04 2015, 01:01 PM
What level do you have to have for the new Dragon Fruit?

You have to be on level 144 to plant Dragon Fruit

tmassing
Oct 04 2015, 03:05 PM
The last release stated 25 new levels. I am assuming this raises above 675 or am I mistaken it was for something else? What are the XP targets for the new levels if that is what they are for.

JW2009
Oct 04 2015, 03:41 PM
Hi, the New Max Level is 675 and you must have over 45,000XP points :)The last release stated 25 new levels. I am assuming this raises above 675 or am I mistaken it was for something else? What are the XP targets for the new levels if that is what they are for.

Taz D
Oct 04 2015, 03:46 PM
The last release stated 25 new levels. I am assuming this raises above 675 or am I mistaken it was for something else? What are the XP targets for the new levels if that is what they are for.
Hi tmassing,
The last release raised the levels from 650 up to 675. The target experience amounts are in Chapter 25 of the Game Guide.

ty_gereye
Oct 06 2015, 09:14 PM
Has the gas/fishing suspension from way back been lifted? noticing fishing has taken a real hit on those willing to do it using their gas now.

Taz D
Oct 06 2015, 10:04 PM
Has the gas/fishing suspension from way back been lifted? noticing fishing has taken a real hit on those willing to do it using their gas now.
Hi ty_gereye,
I am sorry, but there wasn't any suspension of gas use for fishing. This was a glitch that was fixed a few days ago. It was never intended for you to be able to fish when hired without using fuel.

ty_gereye
Oct 07 2015, 06:43 AM
Sad to hear that Taz was difficult enough to get fisher people before.

tmassing
Oct 07 2015, 10:54 AM
Hi tmassing,
The last release raised the levels from 650 up to 675. The target experience amounts are in Chapter 25 of the Game Guide.
Thanks. I have been at 675 for quite some time but thought the Sept 26, 2015 release said an additional 25 levels. Wishful thinking. :)

Thanks for the reply

cathysturn
Oct 07 2015, 03:45 PM
Ok i really have to know how to layer ... can anyone help me please

Taz D
Oct 07 2015, 04:20 PM
Ok i really have to know how to layer ... can anyone help me please
Hi Cathysturn,
I am sorry but we can't provide instruction on how to achieve this on the forum as it is against forum rules.

StoneFace
Oct 07 2015, 07:37 PM
More Halloween stuff is out.
:cool:

PK...
Oct 08 2015, 04:52 PM
It appears there is a problem with the super neighbor full time design hire with spending privileges...

When you have all those privileges checked, and try to work facilities, once you land on the farm you have said privileges, you can no longer work any farms successfully, until the owner removes your privileges and you reload the game...

I have tried numerous times, and once I land on the farm with the "red dot" and work it, when the mayor tries to finish, I get an oops error message that something happened... Every farm worked thereafter results in the same error message and no products...

It only happens when the "allow selling and buying items with my coins" is checked... That is a double whammy, cause that is the only way a super neighbor can plant a quest farm without reclicking on the planter each time...

(And PLEASE get rid of the stupid loading box. Spent tons of farm cash to speed up harvesting/fishing, only to have to sit there forever waiting for the box to clear to switch tools!)

Thanks...

Taz D
Oct 08 2015, 05:16 PM
It appears there is a problem with the super neighbor full time design hire with spending privileges...

When you have all those privileges checked, and try to work facilities, once you land on the farm you have said privileges, you can no longer work any farms successfully, until the owner removes your privileges and you reload the game...

I have tried numerous times, and once I land on the farm with the "red dot" and work it, when the mayor tries to finish, I get an oops error message that something happened... Every farm worked thereafter results in the same error message and no products...

It only happens when the "allow selling and buying items with my coins" is checked... That is a double whammy, cause that is the only way a super neighbor can plant a quest farm without reclicking on the planter each time...

(And PLEASE get rid of the stupid loading box. Spent tons of farm cash to speed up harvesting/fishing, only to have to sit there forever waiting for the box to clear to switch tools!)

Thanks...
Hi PK,
We have tested this and found the same thing. We will be passing this on to the developers. Thanks for letting us know.

PK...
Oct 08 2015, 05:23 PM
Hi PK,
We have tested this and found the same thing. We will be passing this on to the developers. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks Taz... You are the BEST! ;0))

Aussie Rae
Oct 08 2015, 07:25 PM
I always get that error message when working as a super neighbour, especially if using the combine, Harvest Plow Plant.. clicking on the save icon at the top of the game gets rid of the error message and you don't have to reload the game. This has been happening since they allowed us to work as super neighbors... for me, it only happens when using that particular combine.. if I harvest plow, then come back and plant I don't get an error message.

Tiger
Oct 08 2015, 07:38 PM
I always get that error message when working as a super neighbour, especially if using the combine, Harvest Plow Plant.. clicking on the save icon at the top of the game gets rid of the error message and you don't have to reload the game. This has been happening since they allowed us to work as super neighbors... for me, it only happens when using that particular combine.. if I harvest plow, then come back and plant I don't get an error message.

Hi Aussie Rae,

Which size Combine Harvest Plow Plant are you using when you get the error, and which error is it?

dave1949
Oct 09 2015, 12:12 PM
It must be me, no one else as mentioned. Im having probs hiring at the market, people are saying not getting my requests. Also my avatar is busy, when I try to move at the market

Taz D
Oct 09 2015, 12:19 PM
It must be me, no one else as mentioned. Im having probs hiring at the market, people are saying not getting my requests. Also my avatar is busy, when I try to move at the market
Hi Dave,
Sounds like it hasn't completed loading. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.

jerrbearsr
Oct 09 2015, 12:22 PM

I get that sometime also, but reloading the game and going back to the market always works for me.

BarbLH
Oct 09 2015, 02:14 PM
When I first go to FarmTown in the AM I have a LOT of gifts waiting to be accepted. I also have the green Gifting Machine which doubles the non-decorative gifts I receive. Before you released the new warning message when the Gift Box is full I used to be able to accept between 300-400 gifts (4 "pages") before I stored them. (Never tried to accept more than that.) I never lost anything. Now I can only accept 200 gifts (2 "pages"). Accepting gifts is getting tedious now. Any chance you could consider doubling the gift space that can be accepted if a person buys the green gifting machine?

Aussie Rae
Oct 09 2015, 10:35 PM
Hi Aussie Rae,

Which size Combine Harvest Plow Plant are you using when you get the error, and which error is it?
I get the "Error Saving Data. Error X025. Click the green tick to reload game." and I use the 14x14 Combine Harvest-Sow-Plant. Clicking on the green save button gets rid of the error message for a while...usually can finish the work..

Tiger
Oct 10 2015, 06:46 AM
I get the "Error Saving Data. Error X025. Click the green tick to reload game." and I use the 14x14 Combine Harvest-Sow-Plant. Clicking on the green save button gets rid of the error message for a while...usually can finish the work..

Hi Aussie Rae,

Thank you for your information. So far i have been unable to reproduce this. I tried all sizes of Combine HPP. Did you get the error when you chose a seed or when you clicked on a plot to work? If it's a seed, which seed(s) does this happen with?

Can you please try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Clear your browser caches, close browser, then reload and see if that clears the error for you before you next work your SN's farm.

Aussie Rae
Oct 11 2015, 06:36 PM
Hi Aussie Rae,

Thank you for your information. So far i have been unable to reproduce this. I tried all sizes of Combine HPP. Did you get the error when you chose a seed or when you clicked on a plot to work? If it's a seed, which seed(s) does this happen with?

Can you please try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Clear your browser caches, close browser, then reload and see if that clears the error for you before you next work your SN's farm.

Tiger, it doesn't matter what seed you use.. and yes, I do the clear memcache.. but that does not solve the issue.. it happens only when working as a super neighbour.. it doesn't bother me too much and I have also found other people experience the same problem, again only when working as a super neighbour.. just thought I would post the work around of clicking on the Save button for those who find they have to continually reload the game... doing it every time you get the error message is a bit frustrating I have found... I never get the error message when I use the Combine to do my own farms...

Lance75231
Oct 11 2015, 10:31 PM
Tiger, it doesn't matter what seed you use.. and yes, I do the clear memcache.. but that does not solve the issue.. it happens only when working as a super neighbour.. it doesn't bother me too much and I have also found other people experience the same problem, again only when working as a super neighbour.. just thought I would post the work around of clicking on the Save button for those who find they have to continually reload the game... doing it every time you get the error message is a bit frustrating I have found... I never get the error message when I use the Combine to do my own farms...

I am also get this message alot when I go to the market place to hire people.Just FYI

Farmer_Susan
Oct 12 2015, 09:10 PM
I'm trying to hang skull garlands on my Halloween fence and sometimes they disappear. I put them out and they look fine, but then the next time I come to the farm, some are no longer there. Doesn't matter if they're rotated or regular - I've had them disappear both ways.

Kah1a
Oct 14 2015, 09:34 AM
they don't show up on my farms either :(

SeamsToBeSew
Oct 14 2015, 10:16 AM
I'm having an issue seeing quests today, in particular coop quest lists, it doesn't matter if it's my own or my neighbors. I can see the title, but can't see ingredients, some products show on other tabs, other products don't.

I've included some image attachments so you can see what I mean.

Thanks

I have somewhere around a 1000 facilities, so it's a little weird to see it totally blank.

Taz D
Oct 14 2015, 10:42 AM
I'm having an issue seeing quests today, in particular coop quest lists, it doesn't matter if it's my own or my neighbors. I can see the title, but can't see ingredients, some products show on other tabs, other products don't.

I've included some image attachments so you can see what I mean.

Thanks

I have somewhere around a 1000 facilities, so it's a little weird to see it totally blank.
Hi SeamsToBeSew,

SeamsToBeSew
Oct 14 2015, 11:13 AM
thanks Taz, that seems to have fixed all issues.

Taz D
Oct 14 2015, 11:30 AM
thanks Taz, that seems to have fixed all issues.
You are welcome. Glad that fixed it. :)

AussieGecko
Oct 15 2015, 01:12 AM
I have noticed the Halloween "Black Fence" is disappearing again. Is there any way this glitch could be fixed please? You can place them down and a few refreshes later one or two of them has disappeared permanently. :eek:

dave1949
Oct 16 2015, 12:16 PM
I answered this once and my post is not shown. When you try and plant, the icon of the crop planting will travel all around the farm before stopping were u want to plant. It is not playable. Yes cleared cache, no it is not FB

Taz D
Oct 16 2015, 12:56 PM
I answered this once and my post is not shown. When you try and plant, the icon of the crop planting will travel all around the farm before stopping were u want to plant. It is not playable. Yes cleared cache, no it is not FB
Hi Dave,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about Display and answered you there. The problem appears to be an update by Chrome.
We are trying to keep all the posts about this in one location for the developers. I answered you in the following post:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6006782&postcount=1216

Taz D
Oct 16 2015, 10:32 PM
The following has been posted for those with the issues concerning Flash:

- General Performance Improvements: The latest version of the Flash Player introduced some changes that slowed down the game considerably on many areas, we just released several workarounds to minimize this impact, on some or even on most situations the game should now be faster than it was before, when moving the mouse over the farm, dragging the farm around and when doing farming operations, even on larger farms.

One of the compromise we did was that when you move the mouse over the farm items, the items are not highlighted until you stop moving the mouse, only then the item under the mouse is highlighted for you to interact with it, we think this should not be a major issue compared to the performance gains of this new strategy.

We tested the game as much as we could but the change covered many areas so please report your comments and if you find any major inconveniences with the new changes.

Aussie Rae
Oct 16 2015, 10:57 PM
I am finding that it is better with these new improvements, so far have had no adverse issues at all, thanks guys.. :)

Shellgirlmtl
Oct 17 2015, 01:43 AM
The following has been posted for those with the issues concerning Flash:

Unfortunately I don't find any improvement on my end, on the contrary I find it has made the clicking/highlighting more difficult and I don't see any difference in the speed of the game... it is still lagging for me... Usually, I very rarely have problems with slowness... Yes, the mouse seems easier to maneuver, it's not jumping around all over the screen but I have to go around in circles while hovering to be able to catch the item to highlight, it makes no difference when I stop moving my mouse, I still have to hover in circles... the crops are not as difficult as the flowers & the trees, the trees being the worst... I have to click about 4 times before it highlights... I just finished chopping & harvesting trees & flowers on 4 farms and I have to stop because I am starting to feel the shooting pain in my wrist & forearm (I have arthritis)... I hope you can find a solution (I'm sure you will) and this workaround is not a permanent change...

Thank you for all...

dave1949
Oct 17 2015, 02:31 AM
No improvement on mine, still lagging and much slower than yesterday when loading farms

TDUFRESNE3
Oct 17 2015, 04:41 AM
what is up with the game ? it acts like a ghost is playing it can't do anything because of this issue and it's not my computer another person that is 3 towns away from me is having the same issues ,, you go to harvest and the tools are all over the place you drag your screen and it goes past the farm into the sky ............

camomile
Oct 17 2015, 04:56 AM
I've been playing for a long time now, but these last updates are making it impossible, the cursor goes where it likes, won't pick up machinery etc that is clicked, changed my mouse, so not that that is causing the problem. Thinking of packing up after several years :(:(

Jean's Farm
Oct 17 2015, 08:40 AM
Re: the update.

I find no problem just moving the farm around. But when I have a tool in my hand it is a little different. I chopped some trees and it was a little choppy.

My super neighbor harvested 4 farms for me. She said once the tool settled down after she picked it up, she could move the farm easily. She said it was easier to harvest from the right side to the left side of the farm. But harvesting left to right was a little slower. She had to wait till the tool settled down and highlighted.

I myself have not harvested any of my farms with crops. I will hook up with my harvest buddy tonight and let you know more after we harvest each others crops.

Just went and harvested the trees on my Industrial City. VERY hard to harvest. Hard to find the sweet spot.

bjyhey3
Oct 17 2015, 09:05 AM
Thank You...it made a big difference

MichHotRod
Oct 17 2015, 10:31 AM
I always wonder why, when something works great, why do they not leave it alone, instead of tinkering around and goofing it up, Flash Players you guys should of just lift it alone

Taz D
Oct 17 2015, 11:34 AM
I always wonder why, when something works great, why do they not leave it alone, instead of tinkering around and goofing it up, Flash Players you guys should of just lift it alone
Hi MichHotRod,
I agree however Adobe has been underfire by several entities over the past few months for security holes. So Adobe is trying to patch those and unfortunately have changed things that have effected Farm Town's play. This is what the developers are trying to change to work with the new changes to Flash that Adobe had to make.

dave1949
Oct 17 2015, 11:45 AM
Hi Taz. What I do not understand if it is Adobe making changes, I have not loaded a latest version for about 6 months, so how can it be them.

Taz D
Oct 17 2015, 12:02 PM
Hi Taz. What I do not understand if it is Adobe making changes, I have not loaded a latest version for about 6 months, so how can it be them.
Hi Dave,
What version of Flash do you have?

dave1949
Oct 17 2015, 12:31 PM
Hi Dave,
What version of Flash do you have?

I dont know, and dont know how to find out. Windows 10 not user friendly for idiots like me

Taz D
Oct 17 2015, 12:36 PM
I dont know, and dont know how to find out. Windows 10 not user friendly for idiots like me
Hi Dave,
You can find the version of your Flash in the Plugins part of the settings in your browser. It doesn't matter what operating system.

dave1949
Oct 17 2015, 12:51 PM
Hi Dave,
You can find the version of your Flash in the Plugins part of the settings in your browser. It doesn't matter what operating system.

Hi Taz, I told u I was an idiot, Flash 19.0.0.226. Does that make any sense 2 u it doesnt 2 me. lol

Taz D
Oct 17 2015, 12:59 PM
Hi Taz, I told u I was an idiot, Flash 19.0.0.226. Does that make any sense 2 u it doesnt 2 me. lol
Hi Dave,
Yes it does. That is the current version that is giving all the problems, so even if you have not updated it, the browser has done so. If you are using Chrome it is included in their updates.

jmdoda4438@comcast.net
Oct 17 2015, 01:05 PM
A few weeks ago I lost Google Chrome entirely tried everything to get it back all I got was blank page. I downloaded Opera and all was well with that. I did go to google help and forum and was told some were downloading Google Canary the new upgrade not out yet,so I tried that and all my stuff came back(passwords etc). two days ago I started with all these problems everyone else has. Today I went back to Canary and still almost impossible to plant and plow so back to opera I went and no problems everything worked as always! Don't know if it is any help!

dave1949
Oct 17 2015, 01:07 PM
Hi Dave,
Yes it does. That is the current version that is giving all the problems, so even if you have not updated it, the browser has done so. If you are using Chrome it is included in their updates.

Cheers Taz

JW2009
Oct 17 2015, 01:15 PM
I'm still having problems, it's actually worse now, it's ok for short while but after few minutes of doing stuff it just lags and i can't highlight nothing. I feel like giving up entirely

Taz D
Oct 17 2015, 01:19 PM
I'm still having problems, it's actually worse now, it's ok for short while but after few minutes of doing stuff it just lags and i can't highlight nothing. I feel like giving up entirely
Hi JW,
I am sorry this has happened, but they are working on trying to adjust the game for the new version of Flash. Please just be patient until they can complete the fixes.

Shellgirlmtl
Oct 17 2015, 02:18 PM

Same goes here... Don't dispair... Patience is a virtue... I am sure the Devs will come up with a solution... they always do... I have faith... Every time it drives me crazy I take a 5 minute break, then resume...

SunnyD
Oct 17 2015, 02:20 PM
i'm a bit slow... lol i finally put some of the new Halloween things from this year.. the flying bats... LOL they really fly... how cool is this???? love it... Farm Town Rocks !!

mcdaddie
Oct 17 2015, 02:48 PM
Quitters, bah.... It is irritating to hear people disgusted with FT and want to quit because there is a little discomfort in the playability of the game as if SlashKey themselves messed it up. The problem was introduced by a third party software developer that FT relies upon. The FT devs have always found the solution, corrected it in a timely manner, and have always been there for us. Relax, go outside and smell the roses, it will be fine.

JohnAlbertini
Oct 17 2015, 03:00 PM
Hi JW,
I am sorry this has happened, but they are working on trying to adjust the game for the new version of Flash. Please just be patient until they can complete the fixes.

The solution is HTML5 not Flash!!!

Hi MichHotRod,
I agree however Adobe has been underfire by several entities over the past few months for security holes. So Adobe is trying to patch those and unfortunately have changed things that have effected Farm Town's play. This is what the developers are trying to change to work with the new changes to Flash that Adobe had to make.

The solution is to dump Adobe & Flash entirely and go to HTML5.

Tinawilkerson42
Oct 17 2015, 03:20 PM
Is the lower amount of gifts that the gift box will hold part of the adobe and flash issue? I use to be able to collect around 120 gifts before my gift box was full. now the limit is 72

zippity
Oct 17 2015, 03:37 PM
Well I guess I am gonna let my crops wither. Tried planting and it took an hour to do just 1 farm. Don't have time to fight through it. Will try another day

StoneFace
Oct 17 2015, 05:38 PM
Quitters, bah.... It is irritating to hear people disgusted with FT and want to quit because there is a little discomfort in the playability of the game as if SlashKey themselves messed it up. The problem was introduced by a third party software developer that FT relies upon. The FT devs have always found the solution, corrected it in a timely manner, and have always been there for us. Relax, go outside and smell the roses, it will be fine.

:D

:eek:

:p

JW2009
Oct 17 2015, 07:14 PM
Hi, what is HTML5? and yes, i will wait until it's fixedThe solution is HTML5 not Flash!!!

Taz D
Oct 17 2015, 07:41 PM
Hi, what is HTML5? and yes, i will wait until it's fixed
Hi JW,
HTML5 is a recently released, newer video format, which was not around when Farm Town was designed and released 6 years ago. To convert Farm Town to HTML5 would not be something that could not be done easily as it would require rewriting every bit of the program.

JW2009
Oct 17 2015, 08:01 PM
Oh i see, thanks Taz for explaining :)Hi JW,
HTML5 is a recently released, newer video format, which was not around when Farm Town was designed and released 6 years ago. To convert Farm Town to HTML5 would not be something that could not be done easily as it would require rewriting every bit of the program.

Tom C
Oct 17 2015, 09:51 PM
Posting this for a friend, when he tries to buy several of the same item like say farm house and tries to put them side by side, it is very choppy. The cursor jumps around and it is hard to get things side by side.

Farmer_Susan
Oct 17 2015, 10:15 PM
The solution is HTML5 not Flash!!!

Um, yeah . . . but that would mean totally starting the coding over from scratch. They'd be able to keep all the graphics, but the rest would be building from the ground up. I wouldn't even want to THINK of all that might entail.

PK...
Oct 18 2015, 08:29 AM
Those with severe problems, might try Maxthon Nitro browser. It seems to work better with this current situation.

I find Chrome to be a major pain, but Nitro will allow me to harvest and plant the 9x farms at a doable rate...

It may be that since Nitro does not caches or chches very little, that the Flash problems are not affecting it as much...

mod edit, link removed

One thing to note, you have to hover over the top right part of the browser to bring up the minimize/close buttons. That will save you my original frustration... ;0))

dave1949
Oct 18 2015, 09:17 AM
Why as my blocked users list emptied?

Taz D
Oct 18 2015, 09:53 AM
Why as my blocked users list emptied?
Hi Dave,
I am sorry but I do not have an answer for that. We do not have any data on the blocked list available to us. It coud have happened in any one of the releases of late trying to fix the Flash problems. Settings do occasionally get changed when they do releases.

Palmarina
Oct 18 2015, 10:14 AM
Hello, this morning I saw the message re. the latest update and that the developpers are continuing to work on the Flash Player problem. Now I can not see anymore how many quests (co-op or regular) I already finished. The number of finished quests per day and the total is missing. I cleared memcache. I play in Google, not Chrome. Is there something I can do to see my number of finished quests again?
Thanks in advance for an answer,
Palmarina

Taz D
Oct 18 2015, 10:17 AM
Hello, this morning I saw the message re. the latest update and that the developpers are continuing to work on the Flash Player problem. Now I can not see anymore how many quests (co-op or regular) I already finished. The number of finished quests per day and the total is missing. I cleared memcache. I play in Google, not Chrome. Is there something I can do to see my number of finished quests again?
Thanks in advance for an answer,
Palmarina
Hi Palmarina,
Please make sure that your browser zoom is set to 100%. If you have this set to high or to small then there is not enough space for the numbers to show in the chart area.
By the way the Google browser is Chrome.

Palmarina
Oct 18 2015, 10:21 AM
Oh my, yes that is ok again. I am sorry to bother about such a detail but I dide not know that! Thank you !!!!

Hi Palmarina,
Please make sure that your browser zoom is set to 100%. If you have this set to high or to small then there is not enough space for the numbers to show in the chart area.
By the way the Google browser is Chrome.

dave1949
Oct 18 2015, 11:13 AM
Hi Dave,
I am sorry but I do not have an answer for that. We do not have any data on the blocked list available to us. It coud have happened in any one of the releases of late trying to fix the Flash problems. Settings do occasionally get changed when they do releases.

All back now Taz. The game is throwing up some unusual things at the moment. lol

Petuniaflower
Oct 18 2015, 12:01 PM
I have white and other color lines going through my fields it may be a Chrome issue.On Mozilla I always have shadow issues.And some of the browsers mentioned my spyware doesn't like. So do I want shadows a or white and colorful lines THAT IS THE QUESTION!

dave1949
Oct 18 2015, 12:10 PM
Im sorry, its not playable any more. 3 mins to load a farm. 1 hour to load my facilities. Come on FT, pls get us back to normal

Petuniaflower
Oct 18 2015, 02:04 PM
I cleaned out the memecauche and cleaned out the browsing history on Chrome,THE LIGHT ARE GONE I was thinking I was special and was given lights so to see my way. :D My post are NEVER COMPLAINTS just saying what I see happening on my farms...GOOD DAY TO ALL

JKatz
Oct 18 2015, 02:06 PM
In addition to the game being slow, I can't accept gifts or boost trains. I have cleared cache in both Chrome & Internet Explorer.

Taz D
Oct 18 2015, 03:06 PM
In addition to the game being slow, I can't accept gifts or boost trains. I have cleared cache in both Chrome & Internet Explorer.
Hi Jkatz,
You only need to do this through one browswer as it is not clearing on your computer but is clearing on the server to allow reloading of your data.

Farmer_Susan
Oct 18 2015, 04:29 PM
Is the Flash issue causing anyone else to have hiring problems? The last 2 days, I hire people and MOST (but not all) of them, make it to my farms, but after doing 3 or 4 farms, they getting booted off or their Flash crashes or something. I haven't had anyone be able to finish my farms in a couple of days now - and from the notes they're leaving me, they're really trying. I don't think it's just bad hires.

NJones277
Oct 18 2015, 04:37 PM
I'm having the same "lines" problem. It was only when I was working my farm (the eye is completely closed), but now it's happening all the time. I've tried different browsers, I clear memcache every day and reset flash, clear browsing history. Doesn't make any difference.

Also, with this new fix, all tools are coming up very slowly. And, since you have to stop the mouse to get the highlighted lines, it can take a while to figure out where the game wants the mouse to stop.

All this is going on regardless of my clearing memcache, clearing browsing history, reloading the game, reloading Facebook, reloading the browser... Can anything be done??????

Original Tee
Oct 18 2015, 05:09 PM
Hi Jkatz,
You only need to do this through one browswer as it is not clearing on your computer but is clearing on the server to allow reloading of your data.

I had the same problem not able to boost trains. This worked perfectly. Thanks!

Taz D
Oct 18 2015, 05:11 PM
I'm having the same "lines" problem. It was only when I was working my farm (the eye is completely closed), but now it's happening all the time. I've tried different browsers, I clear memcache every day and reset flash, clear browsing history. Doesn't make any difference.

Also, with this new fix, all tools are coming up very slowly. And, since you have to stop the mouse to get the highlighted lines, it can take a while to figure out where the game wants the mouse to stop.

All this is going on regardless of my clearing memcache, clearing browsing history, reloading the game, reloading Facebook, reloading the browser... Can anything be done??????
Hi NJones,
They are working on it. That is all I can tell you. Just have to be patint as the try to get it all working right.

Petuniaflower
Oct 18 2015, 06:08 PM

I thought I had gotten rid of the lines,but nope still there.I know the Dev's are working very hard to make everyone happy.I can still do the game ,so I can manage to wait for the fix.My Question is, I see someone else has the lines,but not everyone.Others are having problems I am not having.Why is this? Our computers the browser we are using? One would think all of us would be having the same problems. :confused:

JKatz
Oct 18 2015, 06:53 PM
Hi Jkatz,

Any other ideas? That didn't work. :confused:

Taz D
Oct 18 2015, 07:27 PM
I thought I had gotten rid of the lines,but nope still there.I know the Dev's are working very hard to make everyone happy.I can still do the game ,so I can manage to wait for the fix.My Question is, I see someone else has the lines,but not everyone.Others are having problems I am not having.Why is this? Our computers the browser we are using? One would think all of us would be having the same problems. :confused:
Hi Petuniaflower,
Yes it would come down to each computer and browser having slightly different settings. If it was that easy that everyone had exactly the same problem then it would be much easier to find and fix each problem that appears.

Taz D
Oct 18 2015, 07:32 PM
Any other ideas? That didn't work. :confused:
Hi JKatz,
Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

Aussie Rae
Oct 18 2015, 11:11 PM
I am feeling so lucky as I don't have any of the problems so many seem to have, I use google chrome, windows 10, but I regularly do a disk cleanup on my computer and especially a systems cleanup (to get rid of the rubbish that the computer adds itself) after a windows update.. everything is working as normal and I have no complaints.. ty devs and mods for all your hard work.. :)

FarmerMcLashwood
Oct 19 2015, 07:27 AM
I too am using Win10 and using the new browser Edge with no problems

JKatz
Oct 19 2015, 08:12 AM
Hi JKatz,
Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

You're a star! Thank you! You rock!

JW2009
Oct 19 2015, 12:50 PM
I think SLashkey should not bring out any new things for few months, instead fix what needs fixing. Also All trees that we use for our factories should be in the store to buy, even the gift ones. I need lots of coconuts, but it's impossible to get since you must ask to get them in gifts. This needs to be addressed and fixed once and for all.

Taz D
Oct 19 2015, 12:56 PM
I think SLashkey should not bring out any new things for few months, instead fix what needs fixing. Also All trees that we use for our factories should be in the store to buy, even the gift ones. I need lots of coconuts, but it's impossible to get since you must ask to get them in gifts. This needs to be addressed and fixed once and for all.
Hi JW,
If you wish to make suggestions please put them in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to threads that fit your suggestions.

vonalm
Oct 19 2015, 02:00 PM
i guess i'm lucky as i don't have any major problems with FT. my only problem is with the tools as it takes a sec before i can harvest, plow etc.

SeniorCornwall
Oct 19 2015, 02:11 PM
"I think SLashkey should not bring out any new things for few months, instead fix what needs fixing. Also All trees that we use for our factories should be in the store to buy, even the gift ones. I need lots of coconuts, but it's impossible to get since you must ask to get them in gifts. This needs to be addressed and fixed once and for all."

I totally disagree. The monthly updates make it more interesting for me and I look forward to them - am desperately waiting for the October release in next week or so (I hope). Agree that some items take a while to accumulate, but at least you can exchange tthem through the gifts page. That's how I got all of mine.... Get lots of friends, send and receive lots of gifts. Issues will sort themselves out - Slashkey is good at that.

Petuniaflower
Oct 19 2015, 02:22 PM
I am trying to help the Dev's out :D Well I could take out their trash. Idid as one Farmtown player here said he did,cleaned out the disk space and fragmented,and I do think it helped.I thought I had gotten rid of the lines,but them they appeared on one farm.I have analyzed this :) and discovered they seem to be over trees and the bushes called trees.I hovered my mouse over them and they disappear.So now I know what to do!

And I too love the monthly releases,I hope this game goes on at least as long as I do. If I hang on for some time wonder how many farms I will have to do:confused::rolleyes:

Texas Belle
Oct 19 2015, 03:27 PM
How do I clean up the yellow sticker telling me that things are being fixed.. it is not like the news release that has the close window, I read it, I know what they are doing want to take it off, but how? that is the question....

Taz D
Oct 19 2015, 03:47 PM
How do I clean up the yellow sticker telling me that things are being fixed.. it is not like the news release that has the close window, I read it, I know what they are doing want to take it off, but how? that is the question....
Hi Texas Belle,
There isn't any way to remove it. Only thing I can suggest is scroll your page down a little bit to hide it.

maggiel29
Oct 20 2015, 12:31 AM
Re: the Flash player problems.
For me it is unbearably slow when using the 5x5 harvest, plow, plant combine to re-do my quest farm. It takes several seconds after selecting the combine and clicking on a box for the tool to appear ready to use. Doesnt sound like much but when you are replanting almost every crop in a grid its agony!

hilda jean ellis
Oct 20 2015, 03:12 AM
My farms do fine once I get in them.Harvesting plowing shaking chopping trees and harvesting flowers are quick for me no drag time on any part of that.It's the loading that is so slow for me.It might take up to 3 minutes for farms to load with just crops and even longer if I have trees and flowers loading to.Thanks for all the improvements you have done so far.Waiting patiently for the rest to be resolved.:)

StoneFace
Oct 20 2015, 08:31 AM
I am trying to help the Dev's out :D Well I could take out their trash. Idid as one Farmtown player here said he did,cleaned out the disk space and fragmented,and I do think it helped.I thought I had gotten rid of the lines,but them they appeared on one farm.I have analyzed this :) and discovered they seem to be over trees and the bushes called trees.I hovered my mouse over them and they disappear.So now I know what to do!

And I too love the monthly releases,I hope this game goes on at least as long as I do. If I hang on for some time wonder how many farms I will have to do:confused::rolleyes:

104 :eek:

Texas Belle
Oct 20 2015, 10:38 AM
Hi Texas Belle,
There isn't any way to remove it. Only thing I can suggest is scroll your page down a little bit to hide it.

Thanks Taz, guess they will take it out when the next release comes in since they will not have space where to announce it :)

smarsh
Oct 20 2015, 10:46 AM
I do not think this is where to ask this question, but I can find no reference where to go. I have a MacBook Pro running under OSX Yosemite...since the Sept fix my Farmtown runs in slow motion, anything I do is delayed action. Even the pointer takes forever to select anything...any suggestion or help would be appreciated...I have cleaned everything I can clean...someone please send me to the right place for answers, thanks so much and have a wonderful day

Taz D
Oct 20 2015, 10:49 AM
I do not think this is where to ask this question, but I can find no reference where to go. I have a MacBook Pro running under OSX Yosemite...since the Sept fix my Farmtown runs in slow motion, anything I do is delayed action. Even the pointer takes forever to select anything...any suggestion or help would be appreciated...I have cleaned everything I can clean...someone please send me to the right place for answers, thanks so much and have a wonderful day
Hi smarsh,
There isn't anything more you can do. There was a new release of the Flash player that has cause a lot of problems with the speed of the game. The developers have been working on it and all we can do is be patient until they can get this fixed.

Qivis
Oct 20 2015, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure if I should put it here or in suggestions, I certainly won't write to Raul directly since I most likely has his hands full. But I think it might speed things up a bit if the "freeze while farming" setting also applied to others' farms while we working them and not just while we are on our own farms. It has been nearly 30 years since I did programming, but if Flash coding is anything like the programs I did the less work it has to re-"Qivi" the better. :p (sorry about the re-Pete joke, but I should cannot help myself!)

Clockworx
Oct 20 2015, 03:38 PM
I know you guys are trying to sort out the game but taking the yellow guide lines away whilst scrolling is a nightmare when harvesting 9 x farms, as most of the time the cursor is not exactly on the item harvested thus the nightmare

JuliaK
Oct 20 2015, 05:16 PM
The only problem I am having is when I work on my quest farm, changing the crop I want to plant...if seems to hang for quite a while on the selection part... thanks for a wonderful game

Marlene F Djebara
Oct 20 2015, 07:47 PM
WF39, chrome user,
I cleared memcache and rebooted,
checked chrome for an updates I have current version,
I just tried to harvest a few spaces on my default farm, the mouse is still doing the same thing dragging so much the game is a snails pace...I haven't been able to harvest anything since Thursday, crops will go bad in 2 more days :eek:

abby the cat
Oct 20 2015, 07:55 PM
As of now I can't access my train. It worked over the weekend when I dispatched it (during the slowdown) but now I can't select the train. I can select two of the cars but that doesn't allow me to unload the train.

Taz D
Oct 20 2015, 08:02 PM
WF39, chrome user,
I cleared memcache and rebooted,
checked chrome for an updates I have current version,
I just tried to harvest a few spaces on my default farm, the mouse is still doing the same thing dragging so much the game is a snails pace...I haven't been able to harvest anything since Thursday, crops will go bad in 2 more days :eek:
Hi Marlene,
You posted this just at the time Raul posted about the latest fix. Please try again to clearing caches and restart.

Taz D
Oct 20 2015, 08:03 PM
As of now I can't access my train. It worked over the weekend when I dispatched it (during the slowdown) but now I can't select the train. I can select two of the cars but that doesn't allow me to unload the train.
Hi Abby,
Which farm is your train on?

abby the cat
Oct 20 2015, 08:04 PM
For some reason it just came back on. No changes but problem gone.

Taz D
Oct 20 2015, 08:08 PM
For some reason it just came back on. No changes but problem gone.
Hi Abby,
Ok thanks for letting us know. Just may have been a slight glitch as the release of the fix was being rolled out.

nanatoni
Oct 20 2015, 08:31 PM
Don't know if this has anything to do with the current problems, but I can no longer go large screen. I've done all the general fixes, clear cache etc, not working. thanks

JAS0643
Oct 20 2015, 08:45 PM
My trains are on farm 25 and the 2 that are dispatched I can not click on them. They will not highlight for me and clicking over them does nothing. I tried moving the tracks out of the way as that was what was highlighted no change. The train that is not dispatched I can click on no problem.

mcdaddie
Oct 20 2015, 08:49 PM
I know the dev's are working hard to improve the game, but it seems so far all we are getting is bandaids to ask for a few more seconds of time savings for us. Seconds are not the problem. It is the minutes that it takes just to go from one farm to another. I actually have a couple of farms I do as a neighbor and can literally put on a pot of coffee while waiting to go from their #2 to #3. I wish we could focus on that, then we all wouldn't look for the 1 second difference in changing tools. I know it is not your fault dev's, I still hold Adobe as the culprit. Keep chugging, hope you win the war soon.

:)

vastfanatic
Oct 20 2015, 08:51 PM
I went to my farms, because I have some things to harvest today (no problems yesterday) and as I am trying to harvest, Trees/Buildings/Facilities/Flowers all keep popping up on the screen even though I have them hidden. Not really a big deal, just a bit annoying as I shouldn't really be seeing them if they are all turned off in my preferences.

Taz D
Oct 20 2015, 08:57 PM
My trains are on farm 25 and the 2 that are dispatched I can not click on them. They will not highlight for me and clicking over them does nothing. I tried moving the tracks out of the way as that was what was highlighted no change. The train that is not dispatched I can click on no problem.

Hi JAS,

There have been several who have reported this and as soon as they go back to their farms it is working.

Jean's Farm
Oct 20 2015, 08:58 PM
Re...updates as 8:25 tonight. Much faster harvesting and planting. I haven't done any trees yet.

I do want to mention when I was planting....when I would move the farm (sometimes) it was like the plowed/seeded land disappeared and you could see the green under the pending lines of the planted seeds. It disappeared when the seeds planted. It went away to fast to get a screen shot of it.

Thanks for working so hard on this Raul. Don't listen to the people complaining. :p The majority of us are waiting patiently for the total fix!!!! :)

Taz D
Oct 20 2015, 08:59 PM
I went to my farms, because I have some things to harvest today (no problems yesterday) and as I am trying to harvest, Trees/Buildings/Facilities/Flowers all keep popping up on the screen even though I have them hidden. Not really a big deal, just a bit annoying as I shouldn't really be seeing them if they are all turned off in my preferences.
Hi vastfanatic,
They just released a fix for the Flash caused problems. Try restarting your farms and I am sure it will be back to normal.

rodneycs
Oct 20 2015, 09:13 PM
FT seems to be even slower than it was yesterday. It takes mins for each farm to load. I do so wish that they would post times in GMT so that we know really when something happens and we can work out our local times from GMT. 8:25 as a time means absolutely nothing.

Taz D
Oct 20 2015, 09:32 PM
FT seems to be even slower than it was yesterday. It takes mins for each farm to load. I do so wish that they would post times in GMT so that we know really when something happens and we can work out our local times from GMT. 8:25 as a time means absolutely nothing.
Hi Rodneycs,
As Slashkey's offices are in Florida then that would be 8:25 EDT which is 5 hours behind GMT. So this release was roughly 2 hours ago.

rodneycs
Oct 20 2015, 09:37 PM
I know the dev's are working hard to improve the game, but it seems so far all we are getting is bandaids to ask for a few more seconds of time savings for us. Seconds are not the problem. It is the minutes that it takes just to go from one farm to another. I actually have a couple of farms I do as a neighbor and can literally put on a pot of coffee while waiting to go from their #2 to #3. I wish we could focus on that, then we all wouldn't look for the 1 second difference in changing tools. I know it is not your fault dev's, I still hold Adobe as the culprit. Keep chugging, hope you win the war soon.

:)

This is the problem which is bugging so many of us. It has got even slower today than it was yesterday. Have chatted with many of my neighbours and many have just stopped because of the time to load a farm making refilling facilities extremely slow. Pages ie farms are only partially loading both on IE and Chrome.

rodneycs
Oct 20 2015, 09:39 PM
Hi Rodneycs,
As Slashkey's offices are in Florida then that would be 8:25 EDT which is 5 hours behind GMT. So this release was roughly 2 hours ago.

Thanks Taz. I had always thought Raul & co were in California

Taz D
Oct 20 2015, 09:41 PM
This is the problem which is bugging so many of us. It has got even slower today than it was yesterday. Have chatted with many of my neighbours and many have just stopped because of the time to load a farm making refilling facilities extremely slow. Pages ie farms are only partially loading both on IE and Chrome.
Hi Rodneycs,
Why are you going from farm to farm to refill your facilities instead of using the Facility Manager to do those all from one farm? You will find that tool in the far left column of the toolbox the middle tool that looks like a facility building.