PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- November 13th, 2015

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Nov 13 2015, 01:03 AM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last info posted on December 7th, 4:58AM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: EN ESPAŅOL AQUI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=618346)

1. 10 Thanks Giving Decorations.

2. Next 5 expansions for Farm 28: See prices below:

24x24 - 12000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
26x26 - 12500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
28x28 - 13000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
30x30 - 13500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
32x32 - 14000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

3. 'Show User Info' show which of your farms have workers: This button is located next to the 'Show Work Info' button in the hiring window, you can click on it as often as you want and it will show several circles on top of each farm button. Each circle represent a user and here is the leyend:

a) A solid dark blue circle means a user which is working and connected
b) A solid light blue circle means a user which is working but is not connected, is offline
c) An empty circle means a user which is idle, it has not performed any work on the last minute, but is still connected

The 'Show User Info' is also available when you click the 'Show Names' button on top of the Farm Selector.

4. 'Show Work Info' now available in the 'Show Names' window: This will allow you to have a quick look at which of your farms have work available if you prefer to work solo. Due to the amount of back end resources that this operation consumes, you can only refresh this information once every 20 minutes when you are showing it from the 'Show Names' window.

5. Long Fish Car: It will deliver Salmon, Tuna, Lobster, Squid, Cod, Grouper, Crab, Catfish, Tilapia and Octopus. Notice this freight car is not intended to replace the lakes and sea coasts but sometimes is could be more usefull depending on your needs and situation.

For example it brings fish from all kind of water items, the Salmon from the Farm Cash lake, fish from the Fasm Cash Big Sea Coasts, and also deliver Crab, Catfish, Tilapia and Octopus in a combined amount equivalent of a 30x30 farm dedicated only for rivers and small seacoasts, this could free up space for other things. It can do this as often as 2 days, without the need of you harvesting the water items every day or sometimes twice a day.

Note: On November 17th, 6:25PM we increased the output of this car in 130% (more than double), this was mainly because initially we didn't account for the extra benefits of the baits when fishing, so we increased this Car output to be more in balance with the water items.

6. Long Animal Products Car: It will deliver Cow Milk, Hen Eggs, Turkey Feathers, Horse Hair, Sheep Wool, Llama Wool and White Rabbit Fur. Same as above, sometimes this freight car may be more useful to players than buying the animals Super Buildings, for example, it bring a combination of products from all animal buildings at once, you don't need to harvest it daily and no need to ask your friends to send you animal gifts.

Note: On November 17th, 6:25PM we increased the output of this car in 27%.

7. Changes and Performance Optimizations required due to a change in the Adobe Flash Player plugin:

- Farmtown Development Environment migrated to the latest version
- General game optimizations like faster dragging of bigger farms
- Faster farming operations like chopping trees and harvesting trees and flowers
- Multiplanter do not show progress bars or transparency on the planted items, this makes it easy to correctly plant the next set ot items
- Fixed visibility issues like green patches when farming and items getting hidden when moved from storage to farms

8. Other Improvements and Bug Fixes:

- Workaround due to facebook changes that broke the 'Show Farmtown Wall Request' option
- When working facilities on Super Neighbour farms, sometimes the Mayor didn't perform the work correclty if that Super Neighbour has granted you the design permission and allowing you to buy items with their coins
- When a Super Neighbour plant for you that action will now be shown on the user action list at the bottom of the game
- Sometimes Trees were being chopped and harvested even though they were hidden
- When hiring for trees in a single job, if none are ready on the selected farm, a warning message will be shown, same as it was occurring already for harvesting and fishing.

9. Pediatric Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Pediatric Supplies.

Reflex Hammer
Ear Syringe
Height Chart
Pediatric Table Paper
Stethoscope Cover
Room Decal Kit
Exam Table
Blood Pressure Kit

10. Antique Replica Factory (Coins): Produces Antique Replicas.

Aztec Calendar
Ancient Coin
Roman Head
Polynesian Canoe
Native Indian Shack
Stone Age Knife
Egyptian Cat
Egyptian Doll

11. Scandinavian Restaurant (FC): Produce Scandinavian Food.

Nordic Breakfast
Rose Hips Soup
Fish Chowder
Open Sandwich
Lutefisk
Sour Herring
Meatballs
Red Berry Pudding

12. Natural History Museum (Coins): Provides Cultural Objects Display Services and can be stocked with products from the Antique Replica Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - November 13th, 10:30PM

- BugFix: Inaccuracies in the 'Show User Info' feature in the Show Names and Hiring Windows
- BugFix: When working neighbour facilities the Mayor was not working all the farms if you have 2 fully diversified trains containing fish or animal products cars on them
- When visiting neighbours the quests to rake and water the farms were not appearing

Post-Release Updates - November 14th, 6:10AM

- Released 3 Facilities.

Post-Release Updates - November 16th, 10:00PM

- BugFix: Farmcash clothing prices showing $0 instead of $20 in the Avatar Store.
- BugFix: Sometimes symbols or non english characters were not showing correctly in gift box sender names, farm names, user/avatar names, message texts, etc
- When you click on the Produce Faster button to post facilities, there is a new checkbox named "Show on Farmtown Wall Requests".

If it's checked the post will be visible to all friends in their 'Farmtown Wall Requests' even if you choose "Only Me" in the facebook post screen that comes right after.

If it's unchecked the post will *not* be visible to *any* friends in their 'Farmtown Wall Requests' even if you choose "Public" in the facebook post screen that comes right after.

We know this is not the ideal solution but is the best we can do now after facebook latest changes.

Post-Release Updates - November 17th, 4:00PM

- BugFix: Posts for bonuses and ingredients were not appearing on the ''Farmtown Wall Requests'. From now on, they will start to appear again, notice that they will always appear, even if you choose "Only Me" in the facebook post screen.

Post-Release Updates - November 17th, 6:25PM

- Increased total output of the Long Fish Car by 130% (more than double) and the Long Animal Products Car by 27%. See main announcement post for more details.

Post-Release Updates - November 20th, 1:35PM

- We have completed a new set of bug fixes and optimizations, we usually wait until the next release to release them but in this case we have decided to release them as we go so we get faster feedback.

Post-Release Updates - November 21th, 1:00AM

We just released another batch of improvements and bug fixes as part of the next release, see all the details below:

- Farm Loading optimizations, farms should in general load up to 25% faster. This is assuming that most of your game items are cached by your browser. A note on this, clearing your browser cache should be done only when necessary, for example, when Farmtown doesn't load correctly or extreme cases like that, usually it is not needed, and the downside is that every time you clear your browser cache you have to reload all the items to your computer which takes time, specially on slower connections, and every time you visit farms with items that are not cached you will have to wait extra time. Clearing memcache is fine and doesn't have any downsides, memcache is cleared automatically after 3 hours of inactivity.

- Better progress indicators, you will now see a more uniform progress indicator as your items are being downloaded and as your farm is being rendered for display.
- When planting using the Combine Harvest-Plant, you can change seeds by opening the store directly, you do not need to perform the extra step of re-selecting your combine again on your toolbox.
- Flags for Bahamas, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore are now showing correctly.
- There is now one more line in the chat history, for a total of 6 lines.
- When working as a Super Neighbour, we removed the "Would you like to go home?" confirmation message when you click on the Home icon.
- When clicking the blue disk on top to save changes, we replaced the confirmation message by a non intrusive fading message.

- BugFix: When using the Multiplanters sometimes the recently planted items disappeared and appeared randomly.
- BugFix: When using the manure spreaders and sprinklers, sometimes an "[object]" message was shown instead of the correct message.
- BugFix: On full screen, all tool tips in main panel and tool box were showing in the wrong position.
- BugFix: When sending gifts to friends, an arrow was showing on top of the selected gifts even if it was not an animal.
- BugFix: Unable to unload a train due to no fuel available.
- BugFix: When using the sprinklers manually going farm to farm, sometimes the sprinkler got stuck and you were not able to change tools.
- BugFix: When selecting a gift to send to your friends, you can now use the "Proceed to Send" button at the bottom and the next screen will automatically scroll to the top.
- BugFix: When working as a Super Neighbour with the "design/allow selling with my coins" permission granted, the buy one/multiple options are now available again.
- BugFix: Clicking on the "Multi" button in Item Storage/Giftbox sometimes triggered the Single Use instead of the Multiplanter functionality.
- BugFix: When visiting strangers, the size of their farms were incorrect.

Post-Release Updates - November 24th, 1:00AM

- Released the Scandinavian Restaurant.

Post-Release Updates - November 25th, 4:00PM

- At about 3:00PM EST there was a mayor Denial Of Service attack on our hosting company that caused some disruptions in the game, everything should be back to normal now.

Post-Release Updates - December 1st, 1:20AM

- Last Year's Holiday Items
- Buying trees from the store now works like buying flowers, you can keep buying the same tree repeatedly without re-opening the store or using the Buy Multiple option in the item menu

- More consistency and optimizations for farming tools:
a) Remove progress bars from seeder, combines and plower
b) When plowing new fields on the grass there is no transparency and the real fields appears quickly
c) The operation of the harvester now works the same as the combines, plower and seeder, in the way that your mouse don't have to be on top of a ready to harvest item to harvest the next set of items
d) The operation of the chainsaw now works the same as the tree shaker and the flower harvester in the way that your mouse don't have to be on top of a ready to chop item to chop the next set of items
e) More optimizations when using the combines

Post-Release Updates - December 2nd, 8:30PM

- 29 Holiday Decorations: 5 as gifts, 14 at top of the Holiday category in the store, 6 at the bottom and 4 Winter items close to the bottom in the Winter category (Woman Skiing, Kids on Snow Sled, Man with Snow Shovel and Wooden Sled).
- Removed the "Freeze/Unfreeze while Farming" avatar menu option, it's now defaulted to 'Freeze while Farming' to all players to increase performance.
- More speed optimizations for crop tools, transplanter and multiplanter.

Post-Release Updates - December 4th, 11:30PM

- We removed the Black "Loading ..." box that appeared when you start harvesting as an employee. Please report if you are still seeing this box.

Post-Release Updates - December 7th, 4:58AM

- For users that have complained about a Data Usage increase while playing Farmtown, this is caused by the new facebook chat to the right of your screen that is now shown on all games. Fortunately you can now disable the data increase by just disabling the chat using the toggle button on the top right of the chat.

Known Issues

- Some users are experiencing issues when sending gifts or boosting trains using Internet Explorer or Edge browsers. We have created a bug report with facebook and we are awaiting response from them. Latest Update: Facebook acknowledged the bug but it has not been fixed yet.

bluehair
Nov 13 2015, 01:08 AM
wooohoo cant wait

Lance75231
Nov 13 2015, 01:09 AM
thank you = looking forward to reading all about the updates

MichHotRod
Nov 13 2015, 01:26 AM
Looking forward to it

ellenaussiefarm
Nov 13 2015, 01:33 AM
Cant wait but one question does anyuone else notice the October thread isnt closed or is it jsut me

Jwebb
Nov 13 2015, 01:59 AM
I definitely noticed... I've been checking all week ;)

Aussie Rae
Nov 13 2015, 02:03 AM
can see two new train carriages but nothing else new...

theperfectnina
Nov 13 2015, 02:18 AM
Long Fish Train Carriage 35FC - 46 Salmon, 29 Tuna, 29 Lobster, 29 Squid, 29 Cod, 29 Grouper, 900 Crab, 1800 Catfish, 1800 Tilapia, 900 Octopus

Long Animal Products Train Carriage 35FC - 112 milk, 112 eggs, 112 turkey feathers, 112 horse hair, 56 Sheep Wool, 56 Llama Wool, 56 White Rabbit Fleece

Farm 28 can be upgraded to 32x32

DebsB
Nov 13 2015, 02:37 AM
Has anyone else noticed a problem with Super Neighbours? I have lost the 'Tend' friends farm option and cannot work their farm.

maggiel29
Nov 13 2015, 02:41 AM
Has anyone else noticed a problem with Super Neighbours? I have lost the 'Tend' friends farm option and cannot work their farm.

Hi there - you should be able to work a super neighbours farm by using the "visit farm" option

DebsB
Nov 13 2015, 02:49 AM
Hi there - you should be able to work a super neighbours farm by using the "visit farm" option

Thanks this does seem to work now, I couldn't access their tools earlier on this option, but all is good now!! Debs

TartanLady
Nov 13 2015, 03:37 AM
Long Fish Train Carriage 35FC - 46 Salmon, 29 Tuna, 29 Lobster, 29 Squid, 29 Cod, 29 Grouper, 900 Crab, 1800 Catfish, 1800 Tilapia, 900 Octopus

Long Animal Products Train Carriage 35FC - 112 milk, 112 eggs, 112 turkey feathers, 112 horse hair, 56 Sheep Wool, 56 Llama Wool, 56 White Rabbit Fleece

Farm 28 can be upgraded to 32x32

These trains are dissapointing to me as the salmon, squid, Tuna and cod which is the fish you need most of is the least on the train I think if you are paying so much for a carraige they should at least deliver a decent amount of stuff or not worth the 35FC

Clockworx
Nov 13 2015, 03:41 AM
The 2 new long cars on the trains is really a waste of FC. Just buy another big sea coast for the same amount and you get more Cod and Squid. Also the animals, just use coins to add animals to your sheds. Really devs.

Farmgirl_Su
Nov 13 2015, 03:44 AM
29 squid!!!!! no thank you for 35 FC .I was so looking forward ot a fish train but this is way way too low to buy..

tarpi
Nov 13 2015, 04:33 AM
These trains are dissapointing to me as the salmon, squid, Tuna and cod which is the fish you need most of is the least on the train I think if you are paying so much for a carraige they should at least deliver a decent amount of stuff or not worth the 35FC

i agree, the same was for last update 2 trains so poor income
better to buy big sea and fish every day

Susan Cuttriss
Nov 13 2015, 04:48 AM
Only 46 Salmon ??? they go nowhere...Raul you are having a laugh at our expense!!!

Toniecombine
Nov 13 2015, 05:09 AM
The 2 new long cars on the trains is really a waste of FC. Just buy another big sea coast for the same amount and you get more Cod and Squid. Also the animals, just use coins to add animals to your sheds. Really devs.

Better off buying the waters and get more fish daily for same price. We may choose to spend our cash and love playing no matter the problems we have but seriously Mr Slashkey I think I'm offended :(

smilie224
Nov 13 2015, 05:29 AM
Love the "Show User Info" to see people working on farms. Already saved me a headache this morning finding out a person left after working one farm. Thanks so much for this one!
For those that didn't see it yet - it's under the Show Farm info button with the circles.

auntsusie59
Nov 13 2015, 06:02 AM
Hey a couple hours ago there was a post that there was going to be a release of new upgrade in 2 hours but now the post is gone?????

marymarcel
Nov 13 2015, 06:30 AM
Hey a couple hours ago there was a post that there was going to be a release of new upgrade in 2 hours but now the post is gone?????

Hi auntsusie:)

I moved your post to the New Release November 13, please check the first post, first page of this thread for all information.:)

sandivanderavoird
Nov 13 2015, 07:05 AM
About 30 mins ago I have filled my facilities and posted it to MYSELF ONLY!. Next thing I see is ... my farm is crowded with everyone working them .... and they are still busy working them :(
I have deleted the post from my wall after I have seen everyone is working them ... but that did not help at all!!
Has anyone else got this problem?

StoneFace
Nov 13 2015, 07:28 AM
I can understand the "disappointment" in the levels of fish and other products which the new freight cars offer.

Thankfully we have two choices:
[1] Purchase one or more of the freight cars and get some more supplies
[2] Purchase more seacoasts for FC, and the other waters for coin

Then you get two more choices:
[1] Express your disappointment in the levels, and don't buy anything
[2] Express your thanks to the devs for more enhancements to the game

Maybe the devs will adjust the levels. Until then, let's just play nice.

marymarcel
Nov 13 2015, 07:36 AM
About 30 mins ago I have filled my facilities and posted it to MYSELF ONLY!. Next thing I see is ... my farm is crowded with everyone working them .... and they are still busy working them :(
I have deleted the post from my wall after I have seen everyone is working them ... but that did not help at all!!

Hi sandivanderavoird:)

We are going to check this, but let me ask you something, why are you posting your facilities only for you?

ImajeanB
Nov 13 2015, 07:45 AM

We are going to check this, but let me ask you something, why are you posting your facilities only for you?

I, too, would like to know why one farmer posted her facilities for herself only!! If she doesn't want anyone helping her then why posting them at all??? Always open to learn!!!!

Qivis
Nov 13 2015, 07:54 AM
I have a small tip for sending gifts. Sometimes the "Done" button appears and sometimes it does not. If you do not see it, just click the "tab" key on your keyboard twice and then hit enter. It is still there but a Facebook glitch keeps it from appearing in the corner where it is supposed to do.

Thanks to Raul for the all the hard work he did to fix the Show FarmTown Wall Requests link in the My Requests tab and the other Adobe and Facebook issues or work around them. I really look forward to trying out these new updates!

earlgray
Nov 13 2015, 08:08 AM
Could you mention which of the new facilities will cost coins and which Farm Cash, please?

Farmer_Susan
Nov 13 2015, 08:10 AM
LOVE the "Show User Info" thing! Have been wanting that forever! Is there a way to access that info without having to go to the Market? Sometimes I'm on my farm and want to know if a user is still around and if so, where they are. The white text stuff helps if they are connected and working but even there - we can't tell where they are unless they just arrived at a new farm or completed one. Would be helpful to have the "Show User Info" available from the farm, too.

Thanks so much! Love it!

MuffinLady
Nov 13 2015, 08:11 AM
Oopsie !!! Just tried to work my neighbor facilities ... but my farmer has gotten lazy !!! Have to go to each farm individually. Guess I'll have to buy more train cars to make him move again on his own. I enjoyed it when he did all the work for me !!!! ;)

brenda steele
Nov 13 2015, 08:16 AM
I have a super neighbour I have hired to do my farms, i have the largest of the harvest/plow/sow tools and have hired them to harvest/plow and to sow on my farms, but when he comes to my farms he says that the harvest/plow/sow tool or any of the sow tools are not highlighted for him to use, HELP what am i doing wrong, i have all the necessary boxes ticked

sandivanderavoird
Nov 13 2015, 08:18 AM

Hey Marymarcel
I have first posted them to a couple of my friends (under custom) and that did not work as other people worked them .... that is after I have already told my specific friends that I have posted them. Thereafter I have tried to post them to ME ONLY and then try to add my friends ... but that did not work either. Either way it is not suppose to happen.
It is just an arrangement between me and a couple of friends just before the new updates ... otherwise I normally post to all my friends. Hope this makes sense. :)

brenda steele
Nov 13 2015, 08:31 AM
Well i bought the new fish train and then found out you only get a measly few fish on it, certainly not worth the FARM CASH i had to pay for it, dont' know what am gonna do with 29 of some of the fish, wont even fill one facility, it's a bit pathetic really

marymarcel
Nov 13 2015, 08:31 AM
Hey Marymarcel
I have first posted them to a couple of my friends (under custom) and that did not work as other people worked them .... that is after I have already told my specific friends that I have posted them. Thereafter I have tried to post them to ME ONLY and then try to add my friends ... but that did not work either. Either way it is not suppose to happen.
It is just an arrangement between me and a couple of friends just before the new updates ... otherwise I normally post to all my friends. Hope this makes sense. :)

Thank you Sandi, we are checking into this.:)

dave1949
Nov 13 2015, 08:32 AM
LOVE the "Show User Info" thing! Have been wanting that forever! Is there a way to access that info without having to go to the Market? Sometimes I'm on my farm and want to know if a user is still around and if so, where they are. The white text stuff helps if they are connected and working but even there - we can't tell where they are unless they just arrived at a new farm or completed one. Would be helpful to have the "Show User Info" available from the farm, too.

Thanks so much! Love it!

It is click farm names, you have the option there.

FarmerMcLashwood
Nov 13 2015, 08:42 AM
Every time I try to open my Facility Manager I am getting this "Error Saving Data Error X025 Click the green tick to reload the game.. and still getting that same message when I reload.

rodneycs
Nov 13 2015, 08:44 AM
Since the latest update FB will not allow any messages from FT to be posted on my wall. So things are even worse than they were before.

marymarcel
Nov 13 2015, 08:58 AM
Oopsie !!! Just tried to work my neighbor facilities ... but my farmer has gotten lazy !!! Have to go to each farm individually. Guess I'll have to buy more train cars to make him move again on his own. I enjoyed it when he did all the work for me !!!! ;)

Hi MuffinLady:)

Please check your trains are dispatched, if not, then the mayor will not be able to work facilities for you. Remember you need 2 trains with at least 10 long cars dispatched.:)

hurican
Nov 13 2015, 09:01 AM
smiles ..i see there are already alot of comments about the new train cars ......... an i agree ....... you can buy a lake for less ...... have it baited ...an harvested by someone that will give you a bonus ....... so economically ....is not a good deal ..... you have to have more incentive for us to spend farm cash on those cars ......

ckerider
Nov 13 2015, 09:25 AM
My problem with the new release is that I cannot harvest my flowers. I can SEE them and they are saying they are ready, but when I get the Flower harvesting tool nothing shows up. I even tried the individual flower harvester and could not see the flowers once I grabbed the tool. Can you please check into this. I sure would like to be able to harvest my flowers again. Thanks. And by the way.. I agree totally with all the comments on how small the quantities are on the new Trains. I won't be buying any one of these two new cars in the new future so thanks for saving me some money! lol

Tiger
Nov 13 2015, 09:29 AM
My problem with the new release is that I cannot harvest my flowers. I can SEE them and they are saying they are ready, but when I get the Flower harvesting tool nothing shows up. I even tried the individual flower harvester and could not see the flowers once I grabbed the tool. Can you please check into this. I sure would like to be able to harvest my flowers again. Thanks. And by the way.. I agree totally with all the comments on how small the quantities are on the new Trains. I won't be buying any one of these two new cars in the new future so thanks for saving me some money! lol

Hi ckerider,

Regarding your flowers, have you just watered them? If so try reloading that farm and see if they are still showing ready and if they are you can harvest them.

sandivanderavoird
Nov 13 2015, 09:30 AM
Thank you Sandi, we are checking into this.:)

Thanks so much Marymarcelle :)

gffarmer
Nov 13 2015, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the update!!!

Daisy-A-Day
Nov 13 2015, 09:56 AM
Thank you for all your hard work, devs.

Jdnelso
Nov 13 2015, 10:02 AM
still unable to send gifts and boost trains :(
otherwise all else seems to be working ok

windows 10, Edge

has anyone figured out how to add to those sites/links to the exceptions list yet? I really would prefer to not have to use two different servers.

Taz D
Nov 13 2015, 10:16 AM

windows 10, Edge

has anyone figured out how to add to those sites/links to the exceptions list yet? I really would prefer to not have to use two different servers.
Hi jdnelso,
We are trying get the info, so hang in there. :)
Edit: I don't like this but here is the only way to get Edge to work for Train boosting and gift sending:

Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of browser
Click on Settings in the list
Click on View Advanced Settings
Click on Block Pop ups (turning it off)
Under cookies select Don't block cookies

There isn't any way to add the sites in Edge.

bjyhey3
Nov 13 2015, 10:50 AM
Just wanted to stop by and Thank You for all your hard work and tell you how much pleasure I get from playing this game :)

Petuniaflower
Nov 13 2015, 10:55 AM
THANK YOU I would like to report something I appreciate.Trees and flowers ,I had some I had to take the sickle to.NO MORE! Whatever you did ,I THANK YOU MUCHLY!

Jdnelso
Nov 13 2015, 10:56 AM
Hi jdnelso,
We are trying get the info, so hang in there. :)
Edit: I don't like this but here is the only way to get Edge to work for Train boosting and gift sending:

Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of browser
Click on Settings in the list
Click on View Advanced Settings
Click on Block Pop ups (turning it off)
Under cookies select Don't block cookies

There isn't any way to add the sites in Edge.

I have both those setting that way already and I am still unable to boost or send gift (except as a send back for receipt)--

Is there nothing the Dev. can do at there end?

rodneycs
Nov 13 2015, 11:04 AM

windows 10, Edge

For three days now it is impossible to send gifts with IE. The boxes with the names never load even after waiting several hours. The three rectangles continually appear in the empty box with IE.

dorissau
Nov 13 2015, 11:07 AM
Your devs are geniuses!! Noticed that my harvesting, chopping, etc. was so much faster even before I saw the update. So much work to fix other people's messes. Your loyal players send their appreciation of a job well done !!!

Texas Belle
Nov 13 2015, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys you are the best... only thing I have now is that I cannot boost the trains.. anybody having that problem... thanks

Tiger
Nov 13 2015, 11:31 AM
For three days now it is impossible to send gifts with IE. The boxes with the names never load even after waiting several hours. The three rectangles continually appear in the empty box with IE.

Thanks guys you are the best... only thing I have now is that I cannot boost the trains.. anybody having that problem... thanks

Hi rodneys and Texas Belle,

Can you both please check your browser settings and make sure that 3rd party cookies and pop-ups are allowed as theses are needed for the lists to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

If you are using Edges however, you will not be able to add those sites.

Dutch85
Nov 13 2015, 12:16 PM
Thank you for the new things! You all work so hard to keep the game running smooth, and with all the things you have had to work on lately, I was not expecting this update! The only problem I am having is when I go to work people's facilities, the mayor makes me go to each farm. He works all the facilities, but I have to go to each farm. I have two trains dispatched and they both have more than 10 long cars. I cleared memcache, mac files, and browser cache, but it did not help.

dcsully
when I sign in each day I usually have about 150 gifts/trains from friends. Today it said 50 as usual but when I clicked on it - it said I had no gifts. Where did they go? Where are the trains that my friends sent me? Anyone else have this problem or just me?????

Snookie Sue
Hey Tiger, I have all of the pop-ups you listed allowed and I can still not boost trains or send gifts through the lists. Are the devs still working on this problem? I bought the gifting tools and would really appreciate being able to get some use out of them :(

Snookie Sue
Nov 13 2015, 12:29 PM
Once again I would really like to thank the devs for all the improvements in the game that they worked so hard to implement. I have shaved off almost an hour of time when working all my farms. It's wonderful. That said, along with a few others, I can't imagine why you came up with the new train cars. High level players like myself will not need them at all and the lower level guys who might benefit from them will probably not be able to afford them yet as the basic tools are so much more important. I would have appreciated more crop cars for crops like carrots, cucumbers, grapes etc. I would have snapped them up for almost all of my many trains. In gratitude (and because I am a compulsive addict) I will purchase a few for decorative reasons only. Thanks so much again for the vast improvement in the basic quality of the game.

FarmerWitch
Nov 13 2015, 12:33 PM
Thank you for the update. Looking forward to seeing the buildings

Tiger
Nov 13 2015, 12:34 PM
Hey Tiger, I have all of the pop-ups you listed allowed and I can still not boost trains or send gifts through the lists. Are the devs still working on this problem? I bought the gifting tools and would really appreciate being able to get some use out of them :(

Hi Snookie Sue,

We are still looking into this problem.

Please list the following

what operating system are you using? eg windows 10/Vista
which browser are you using? eg Edge/Chrome/Fiefox
what version of flash player do you have for your browser(s) list each browser with it's flash player separately please.

Qivis
Nov 13 2015, 12:36 PM
Hey Marymarcel

Do your few friends to whom you are restricting your posts know not to click the like button or comment on them? If they do either one your posts will show as "so-and-so liked" - or commented on their wall. The result is the same as sharing posts, basically. That is why always specify in the comment box before posting to tell them not to thank me that way if I only want a few of my friends to work them. Almost forgot to mention - if they sticker in response to your post when they see it Facebook is counting them as comments as well.

Jdnelso
Nov 13 2015, 12:41 PM
Hi Snookie Sue,

what version of flash player do you have for your browser(s) list each browser with it's flash player separately please.

Windows 10/ Edge/adobe flash (it doesn't say which version but my computer is only 3 mths old so assume its the most current)

I also have the gifting tools would like to use them... currently I can only send gifts IF I receive them as the send gifts back button seems to be working.... still cannot boost trains...

Snookie Sue
Nov 13 2015, 12:48 PM
Hi Snookie Sue,

Thanks Tiger. I have windows 10 but not sure of the browser. Know it's not Chrome. I use msn.com for my home page. I believe I use Adobe flash but it may not be the latest update. How would I identify my browser? I am very computer stupid. :o

ckerider
Nov 13 2015, 12:58 PM
Hi ckerider,

Regarding your flowers, have you just watered them? If so try reloading that farm and see if they are still showing ready and if they are you can harvest them.

Thanks.... it's seems to be working now. I did try all that before, but I noticed now that when I reload my farm after I watered them I can harvest them.... Whew! Thanks again for your help!

Tiger
Nov 13 2015, 12:58 PM
Thanks Tiger. I have windows 10 but not sure of the browser. Know it's not Chrome. I use msn.com for my home page. I believe I use Adobe flash but it may not be the latest update. How would I identify my browser? I am very computer stupid. :o

Hi Snookie Sue,

The icon you click on that takes you to the internet has a name, what is it called?

vonalm
Nov 13 2015, 01:11 PM
thanks for the new update :)

I don't know if this is a new problem but when I was harvesting trees and flowers today, I could see the shadows of what I just harvested.
while it's not a big problem, it's distracting nonetheless....

harrywhitmore@comcast.net
Nov 13 2015, 01:14 PM
It is hard to find raul but i just want to say thank you very much , keep up the great work ,

marymarcel
Nov 13 2015, 01:16 PM
thanks for the new update :)

I don't know if this is a new problem but when I was harvesting trees and flowers today, I could see the shadows of what I just harvested.
while it's not a big problem, it's distracting nonetheless....

Hi vonalm:)

This is part of the new version the developers released after fixing problems with Adobe and Flash Player.:)

Chattin
Nov 13 2015, 01:30 PM
The green hand tool does not seem to be working with trains at the moment. It's fine with other objects on my farms. I need to move trains around to accommodate the new cars, but it's just not happening....

Snookie Sue
Nov 13 2015, 01:32 PM
Hi Snookie Sue,

The icon you click on that takes you to the internet has a name, what is it called?

It is Internet Explorer. :o

marymarcel
Nov 13 2015, 01:38 PM
The green hand tool does not seem to be working with trains at the moment. It's fine with other objects on my farms. I need to move trains around to accommodate the new cars, but it's just not happening....

Hi Chattin:)

Is your train unloaded? if not, you will need to wait for it to return and then you will be able to move the cars.

I have never used the green hand to attach the cars, but one of our mods. prefers using the yellow one as it works easier for attaching the cars :)

Tiger
Nov 13 2015, 01:41 PM
Thanks.... it's seems to be working now. I did try all that before, but I noticed now that when I reload my farm after I watered them I can harvest them.... Whew! Thanks again for your help!

you are welcome :)

Tiger
Nov 13 2015, 01:43 PM
It is Internet Explorer. :o

Well done, now you know :)

Try using a different browser for sending gifts and boosting trains as IE (Internet Explorer) and Edge (Windows 10's new browser) seem to be the ones having the problems with those lists.

IE does seem to be the slowest browser to use for the game, you may find another one works faster for you :)

Snookie Sue
Nov 13 2015, 01:47 PM
Well done, now you know :)

Try using a different browser for sending gifts and boosting trains as IE (Internet Explorer) and Edge (Windows 10's new browser) seem to be the ones having the problems with those lists.

IE does seem to be the slowest browser to use for the game, you may find another one works faster for you :)

Which would you recommend? I seem to remember that chrome was problematic for some folks.

Taz D
Nov 13 2015, 01:49 PM
I have both those setting that way already and I am still unable to boost or send gift (except as a send back for receipt)--

Is there nothing the Dev. can do at there end?
Hi jdnelso I am afraid not. It is Edge that is blocking those cookies and pop ups that you need. Only other thing I can think of is for you to do is clear your cookies and hope it will now allow them.

vonalm
Nov 13 2015, 01:54 PM
This is part of the new version the developers released after fixing problems with Adobe and Flash Player.:)
thanks for letting me know. i appreciate your help :)

marymarcel
Nov 13 2015, 01:55 PM
thanks for letting me know. i appreciate your help :)

You are very welcome vonalm:)

BFFhot
Nov 13 2015, 01:58 PM
my custom posts are not working either, showing to all friends in FT wall feeds

marymarcel
Nov 13 2015, 02:05 PM
my custom posts are not working either, showing to all friends in FT wall feeds

Thank you for your report BFFhot, the developers will check into this as soon as possible.:)

boduke66
Nov 13 2015, 02:58 PM
item 9,does not state what the costs are for the new facilities,can someone get that info and post it in here,or have the developers update that information in the post thanks.

Texas Belle
Nov 13 2015, 02:58 PM
Well I have another problem, I was able finally after much refreshing and patience able to boost the train, now the problem is I have the 2 trains with all the cars, I had one that needed to be unloaded so I put the new fish car there, they all lit up when i click on the turbo locomotive, ok.. went to do a friends facilities and lo and behold I had to do them the old fashioned way until the last 5 or 6.. the program is not reading my 2 trains with all the cars, they are both boosted and on their way so the Mayor would not have any problems doing all the farms for me when I go to do facilities and its not doing it... BUG? GLITCH? PLEASE FIX.. thanks...

I am on server WF4, browser Safari/Yosemite...

Taz D
Nov 13 2015, 03:01 PM
Well I have another problem, I was able finally after much refreshing and patience able to boost the train, now the problem is I have the 2 trains with all the cars, I had one that needed to be unloaded so I put the new fish car there, they all lit up when i click on the turbo locomotive, ok.. went to do a friends facilities and lo and behold I had to do them the old fashioned way until the last 5 or 6.. the program is not reading my 2 trains with all the cars, they are both boosted and on their way so the Mayor would not have any problems doing all the farms for me when I go to do facilities and its not doing it... BUG? GLITCH? PLEASE FIX.. thanks...

I am on server WF4, browser Safari/Yosemite...
Hi Texas Belle,
This has been reported to the developers.

Texas Belle
Nov 13 2015, 03:04 PM
Thanks Taz, patience, patience... I still have some... :)

Shellgirlmtl
Nov 13 2015, 03:36 PM
Thank you to Raul & Devs for another great update!!!... Farm 28 expanded to 32x32, bought the 2 new train cars... it was time to unload & dispatch my trains so that came in handy, BUT, now I am having the same problem as other players... I have a Turbo with 18 cars and a Turbo with 15 cars yet when I go to work facilities I have to go to each and every farm to work them... Thought I'd let you know also... everything else is hunky dory!!!... Patiently anxious for those new facilities... Thank you... :) :D

marymarcel
Nov 13 2015, 03:36 PM
item 9,does not state what the costs are for the new facilities,can someone get that info and post it in here,or have the developers update that information in the post thanks.

Hi boduke66:)

Those facilities have not been released yet. Raul will update the first post with all information and costs as soon as the facilities have been released.:)

Farmer_Susan
Nov 13 2015, 04:26 PM
It is click farm names, you have the option there.

Just found it. AWESOME!!!!!!

Jean's Farm
Nov 13 2015, 05:00 PM
Love the new release!!!! Waiting impatiently for the new facs to release!! :D

So, I decided to work on my Autumn farm and have discovered that the Corn Stalk Decorations I purchased and put in my storage.....are now disappearing when I try to place them on the farm. They are there when you hover over them. And when I refresh the farm they stay visible.

I also had a problem with my regular quest I opened this morning. I was loading the production when I noticed that if I moved to the bottom where it looked like there were no more steps that two popped up. When I moved the mouse on them they were there......when the mouse was gone so were they. So, I loaded the production for them and now 8+ hours later they ARE showing in my quest.

I'm running on WF-5.

Gail Green-jeans
Nov 13 2015, 06:03 PM
I am having people tell me that my service facility posts are showing "expired". When I check in faciliy manager they are showing 98 more or less. This only started happening this AM. I have cleared cache. Anyone else with this issue?

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 13 2015, 06:13 PM
I posted my FT facilities and services about 1 hour ago. This was a private post. After my friend worked my facilities, I deleted my post. Another friend informs me that my post is still visible, and it is also visible and available to all players, ie is NOT a private post. I notice that other people are continuing to work my facilities even though I have deleted my original post? I am aware that you have been rewriting code due to the recent Adobe update. Thanks for your help.

Tiger
Nov 13 2015, 06:44 PM
I am having people tell me that my service facility posts are showing "expired". When I check in faciliy manager they are showing 98 more or less. This only started happening this AM. I have cleared cache. Anyone else with this issue?

Hi Gail Green-jeans,

Check and see if you still have production left to do, as you can sometimes get this message when all the work is already done.

If there is still work to be done, your friends would need to either reload the request or clear memcache themselves and try again. If that doesn't work, try a new post for them in case there is an error in the link.

Tiger
Nov 13 2015, 06:47 PM
I posted my FT facilities and services about 1 hour ago. This was a private post. After my friend worked my facilities, I deleted my post. Another friend informs me that my post is still visible, and it is also visible and available to all players, ie is NOT a private post. I notice that other people are continuing to work my facilities even though I have deleted my original post? I am aware that you have been rewriting code due to the recent Adobe update. Thanks for your help.

Hi ckpeer,

Currently ALL posts are showing up in Show Farm Town Wall Requests regardless if you locked them to certain friends of just yourself. Facebook changed some things which has changed the way it works.

We are working with the developers to see if we can find a solution to this.

beautysmom
Nov 13 2015, 07:23 PM

No, it's there--it is now just VISIT XX'S FARM. Works the same.

Gail Green-jeans
Nov 13 2015, 07:25 PM
My service facilities have remained at 98-99% full all day even tho about 9 different people have tried to work them and they get the message "expired". I always go delete old facility posts from my wall when I post new ones. Two people have said they "went back to older posts" to try and got the same message. Except those posts shouldn't have been there as I had deleted them. Something is wrong...

Gail Green-jeans
Nov 13 2015, 07:49 PM
Seems that resetting my own cache fixed the problem (and I also made certain all old posts were deleted). Hope was a one time "glich"

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 13 2015, 07:51 PM

It is now more than 3 hours since I removed my posts and folks are still going to my farm and working my facilities. At this rate, I will have next to no product left. I have removed the posts listing my facilities, how can I stop this?

tassydevil_1au
Nov 13 2015, 07:58 PM

I put a ticket in yesterday regarding this but guess everyone is too busy with the updates to fix it

Taz D
Nov 13 2015, 07:58 PM
It is now more than 3 hours since I removed my posts and folks are still going to my farm and working my facilities. At this rate, I will have next to no product left. I have removed the posts listing my facilities, how can I stop this?
Hi ckpeer,
The developers are aware of this and working on it. There isn't any way for you to stop it at the moment. Please be patient. I suggest if you do not want them worked by everyone then do not post until it is fixed or you want to let everyone work or the developers find a solution to this. Facebook made a change and the ganmes are no longer allowed to see the security settings or the text you add to a post. Now they have to come up with a way for you to post to individuals if that is what you want, but it is not going to be an easy fix.

Taz D
Nov 13 2015, 08:00 PM
I put a ticket in yesterday regarding this but guess everyone is too busy with the updates to fix it
Hi tassydevil,
The new line in the menu is just Visit their farms and yes ytou can still do work as a super nieighbor. If it is a regular neighbor then you can't do the rake leaves, etc right now. They are working on that.
Please note that if you put in a ticket that does not show here as it goes to Support and not to the forums.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 13 2015, 08:13 PM
Hi ckpeer,
The developers are aware of this and working on it. There isn't any way for you to stop it at the moment. Please be patient. I suggest if you do not want them worked by everyone then do not post until it is fixed or you want to let everyone work or the developers find a solution to this. Facebook made a change and the ganmes are no longer allowed to see the security settings or the text you add to a post. Now they have to come up with a way for you to post to individuals if that is what you want, but it is not going to be an easy fix.

Thanks Taz, I had a feeling that this was the case

Taz D
Nov 13 2015, 08:16 PM
Getting very frustrated with not being able to send gifts and boost trains. There is something posted by FB that says select friends on the left side of my home page. Don't see it on my home page. Updated my IE and have received no suggestions for a browser that will actually work. Are the devs giving up on this? Sorry - getting cranky.
Hi Snooky Sue,
No the developers are not giving up on this. Things like this don't get corrected instantly and there are other problems too that they are working on.
I don't know anything about what Facebook said about the friends on left side of home page. We don't have anything to do with what Facebook is doing and they don't tell us before they make changes.
Try any of the other major browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Maxthon. Any of those should work to be able to send gifts and boost trains until something can be determined about IE and Edge.

max_river
Nov 13 2015, 08:30 PM
I can understand the "disappointment" in the levels of fish and other products which the new freight cars offer.

well said stoneface

Aussie Rae
Nov 13 2015, 09:11 PM
Thanks Taz, I had a feeling that this was the case

what about making all those farms Private until its fixed.. that may stop them, not sure, but until you try, you won't know...

al_bundy
Nov 13 2015, 09:43 PM
Thankyou :)

still when hiding trees they come back when hovering mouse near them

Gail Green-jeans
Nov 13 2015, 09:46 PM
Me AGAIN. I cleared cache, refilled service facilities and reposted (erasing any old ones left on my wall. Several neighbors were then able to work my services withiut problem. THEN i refilled the services (without making a new post) and people are getting the "expired" message again. I verified that they indeed were filled. So, it seems that i cannot refill if I dont make a brand new post. Nobody else is having this problem?

RFMad
Nov 13 2015, 09:58 PM

I agree. I consider that the freight cars are not a substitute for the lakes, etc but an addition. I appreciate all the devs have done even with all the setbacks due to FB and Flash problems. At least, the devs work on it and things are usually fixed fast. Computer programming is tricky - I don't think people realize it's not just pushing a button.
This is the best game even with problems! Thanks to the devs!!

Taz D
Nov 13 2015, 10:19 PM
Just added by Raul:

- BugFix: Inaccuracies in the 'Show User Info' feature in the Show Names and Hiring Windows
- BugFix: When working neighbour facilities the Mayor was not working all the farms if you have 2 fully diversified trains containing fish or animal products cars on them
- When visiting neighbours the quests to rake and water the farms were not appearing

Known Issues

- When Showing/Hiding items sometimes there are sections that are not shown correctly
- When using the Multiplanter sometimes some of the recently planted items get hidden
- Some users are experiencing issues when sending gifts using Internet Explorer or Edge browsers

- Currently when you post the facilities, even if you restrict the post to "Only Me" or a specific friend list in the post window, the post will be shown to all friends in the "Show Farmtown Wall Requests" inside the game. This is because with the latest facebook change we don't have access to the group of people the post should be shown.

What we are planning to do is when you click the "Produce Faster", to add a checkbox on the next window named "Show this in the Farmtown Wall Requests", this way you can uncheck that checkbox if you don't want the post to appear there *for any friends*. This is not ideal but at least give you some kind of control.

Sheepy47
Nov 14 2015, 01:40 AM
The tend neighbours farms isn't working, so you can't weed, water, etc. You can only visit which means you cannot earn coins and experience points. I think the developers are aware of this.

boduke66
Nov 14 2015, 03:17 AM
just click on a specific neighbor,then scroll down to where it says Visit and the neighbors farm name or screen name,that will take you too their farm.and you can work their farms through this new way,just fyi.

dave1949
Nov 14 2015, 03:17 AM
Just added by Raul:

Known Issues

- When Showing/Hiding items sometimes there are sections that are not shown correctly
- When using the Multiplanter sometimes some of the recently planted items get hidden
- Some users are experiencing issues when sending gifts using Internet Explorer or Edge browsers

- Currently when you post the facilities, even if you restrict the post to "Only Me" or a specific friend list in the post window, the post will be shown to all friends in the "Show Farmtown Wall Requests" inside the game. This is because with the latest facebook change we don't have access to the group of people the post should be shown.

What we are planning to do is when you click the "Produce Faster", to add a checkbox on the next window named "Show this in the Farmtown Wall Requests", this way you can uncheck that checkbox if you don't want the post to appear there *for any friends*. This is not ideal but at least give you some kind of control.

Hi Taz. I have missed something some where, when posting facilities how do I restrict to a specific friend list? I have not seen this only when I post trains. TYVM

Sheepy47
Nov 14 2015, 03:37 AM
If you visit, you still cannot work on the farm. The wording used to be 'tend farm', now it just says 'visit'.

amanda1955
Nov 14 2015, 04:08 AM
I noticed when went to post my bonuses I got my 1st one but when ticked on the others they just disappeared oh and I could just restrict that one to my farm town list and my facilities and clients one as well

rodneycs
Nov 14 2015, 04:40 AM
Since the latest update FB will not allow any messages from FT to be posted on my wall. So things are even worse than they were before.

Still unable to post anything to my wall since the latest update?? Why do the developers change things when they were working??:mad:

harrywhitmore@comcast.net
Nov 14 2015, 05:59 AM
the two new trains do not do that much but i am looking forward to updates on them so i will go with it , hopefully next update they will increase

Tuckertbnc
Nov 14 2015, 05:59 AM
Which would you recommend? I seem to remember that chrome was problematic for some folks.

I use Google Chrome and have never > ever had a problem .. But I am not an intense player (daily) post my factories 2 to 3 times a week , I plant Dragon Fruit cash crop , Level 675 playing since the beginning ;) .. Raul and the other developers don't get enough credit for all the hard work they do ..... Thank you guys for years of playing enjoyment :)

maggiel29
Nov 14 2015, 06:00 AM
I agree. I consider that the freight cars are not a substitute for the lakes, etc but an addition. I appreciate all the devs have done even with all the setbacks due to FB and Flash problems. At least, the devs work on it and things are usually fixed fast. Computer programming is tricky - I don't think people realize it's not just pushing a button.
This is the best game even with problems! Thanks to the devs!!

Exactly you and Stoneface have hit the nail on the head AND our Devs do communicate with us and try to give us what we ask for - you cant please everyone etc etc. I just think we should now have an "Air Freshener" car to put next to the smelly fish one :D

Thank for a great update Devs considering all the problems caused by the Flash player and FB.

Bumfy
Nov 14 2015, 06:17 AM
I love Farmtown, I've been playing for years, I also love the evolution of the game, but one thing I do find frustrating, when asked to fish for farmers who have layered their fishing, you can click and finish the jobs but then you have to wait so very long while the wages and bonus catch up with you before you can move to another farm.
Also I have been hired to harvest flowers, in the cases where they have not been watered, on many cases I have watered the flowers then had to reload the farm to be able to harvest them, but inevitably, the irrigator gets stuck on so that I am unable to change tools or send that farmer a message, I have spoken to other farmers about this and a lot of them suffer the same gliche, will these problems be addressed soon?

1fritz
Nov 14 2015, 06:23 AM
Thanks Raul and Devs,

Tuckertbnc
Nov 14 2015, 06:26 AM
Still unable to post anything to my wall since the latest update?? Why do the developers change things when they were working??:mad:

Our developers work for Slashkey . Facebook makes the changes that they want to do with their system = Which means they try out more new **** and more advertising ... Then > The Slashkey developers have to figure out new programing to work around/with what Facebook just destroyed of their gaming program .... Getting the new programing just right , to fix that Facebook broke .. and not 'break' anything else implimenting the fix , takes more time than you or I would ever imagine ... I wonder just how many people work at Slashkey :confused:

marymarcel
Nov 14 2015, 06:50 AM
The tend neighbours farms isn't working, so you can't weed, water, etc. You can only visit which means you cannot earn coins and experience points. I think the developers are aware of this.

If you visit, you still cannot work on the farm. The wording used to be 'tend farm', now it just says 'visit'.

Hi Sheepy47:)

This problem was fixed some hours ago. Could you please try visiting neighbors again and check if it is working for you?
Are you visiting Neighbors or Super Neighbors?

If you still cant rake, water etc. please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

Please let us know any news on this. Thank you:)

marymarcel
Nov 14 2015, 06:54 AM
Hi all:)

From Raul notes for the New Release

- Released 3 Facilities. You can read full details on points 9, 10 and 12 in the first post, first page of this thread.

Known Issues

macwinter
Nov 14 2015, 07:30 AM
Thank you for the great update.

knolan
Nov 14 2015, 08:12 AM
thank ya'll so very much, but, the only thing I'm still waiting for is the cost of enlarging or adding a new farm to drop. I can't afford to increase the sizes of the farms & still can't afford to enlarge all of my other farms. I don't know how the other players are able to obtain such large amounts of farm coins in order to buy them. I would like to hear from someone on what they are doing to earn so much money from their farms. I do appreciate everything else that the FarmTown developers are doing to help make this game as much fun as possible. Thanks for the new Long Fish Car, I really need that one.

NooNoo
Nov 14 2015, 08:13 AM
Hi all:)

From Raul notes for the New Release

- Released 3 Facilities. You can read full details on points 9, 10 and 12 in the first post, first page of this thread.

Known Issues

I was so impressed with the community quests and super neighbour ideas I have now thought wouldn't it be wonderful if we could work neighbours facilities in the same way?

You could have tick boxes for all neighbours or specific named neighbours allowed to work and then there would be no problem finding the relevant posts when Facebook decides which posts I am not allowed to see regardless of mine or my neighbour's Facebook settings.

Ketil
Nov 14 2015, 08:27 AM
Hi
I saw that it is not possible to send gifts if you use Explorer...

It is not possible to boost trains either with Explorer....
:(

skiptn
Nov 14 2015, 09:00 AM
Like myself, I am sure there are many Farm Town players that are maxed out in Experience points and can only earn Farm Cash when new levels are added.
I am also pretty sure that many of these same players have coinage in the 6-8 figure range. For those of us that enjoy Farm Town I would like to see some sort of reasonable exchange where players can exchange coins for cash.

farmercatherine
Nov 14 2015, 09:16 AM
When I place gifts on my farm and change farms, my gifts have disappeared when I go back to the farm on which they were placed! I placed trees on one farm and returned to it. There were empty places where the trees had been placed even though I saved changes before I left the farm after putting the trees on the farm.

Taz D
Nov 14 2015, 10:11 AM
Hi

Hi Ketil,
That is correct as both require the same lists of names from Facebook and those are not working. It is an individual thing though as both might work for you where it won't for someone else. You will need to try them for yourself. If it doesn't work then you will need to try a different browser to see if it will work through that.

lacydee
Nov 14 2015, 10:35 AM
when trying to work a super neighbor's farm..the option to work and tools are not given.
:-(

StoneFace
Nov 14 2015, 10:54 AM
I wonder if the items made in the Pediatric Factory will eventually be sent to the Hospital for sale to clients.

Taz D
Nov 14 2015, 11:10 AM
when trying to work a super neighbor's farm..the option to work and tools are not given.
:-(
Hi lacydee,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

If that doesn't work please provide a link to your farms so we can check this. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

KCJ
Nov 14 2015, 11:19 AM
is it just me, or has the Market lost it's tent ? No problem, just wondering why the different look.

FarmerMcLashwood
Nov 14 2015, 11:33 AM
As I am no longer able to send train boosts using Edge I tried to send from Chrome and this is what I got instead of the usual list one gets when sending boosts to friends.

Is this happening to anyone else or is one of the famous FT glitches?

Holderdorn
Nov 14 2015, 11:40 AM
I sent out train boosts this morning for 6 trains and no one got them

Holderdorn
Nov 14 2015, 11:43 AM
I sent out 6 train boosts this morning and no one got them. Is it something to do with the upgrade?

txdevileyes
Nov 14 2015, 11:46 AM
When will tequila be able to be produced in the distillery?

billypanther
Nov 14 2015, 11:47 AM
thank you :-)

Taz D
Nov 14 2015, 11:52 AM
As I am no longer able to send train boosts using Edge I tried to send from Chrome and this is what I got instead of the usual list one gets when sending boosts to friends.

Is this happening to anyone else or is one of the famous FT glitches?
Hi FarmerMcLashwood,
It is doing the same thing that happened in Edge for you. Chrome will show you the window without the lists instead of just the loading 3 bars.

In Chrome check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

FarmerMcLashwood
Nov 14 2015, 12:03 PM
Hi FarmerMcLashwood,
It is doing the same thing that happened in Edge for you. Chrome will show you the window without the lists instead of just the loading 3 bars.

In Chrome check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

I tried all of that to no avail.. but eventually managed to send my train boosts out using the Spark browser. so am a happy bunny now.
Thanks though for the quick reply Taz.. as usual you are doing a super job replying with suggestions to all those who post with queries. All you Mods do a super job and am sure are appreciated by all

Texas Belle
Nov 14 2015, 01:09 PM
Ok what is it with boosting the trains? I tried boosting my train and all I got was a message just like if I was posting the facilities, could not add names and have asked any of my friends if they have seen it either on my page or on the wall requests and nobody has seen it..another glitch? On another note, thanks for the fixing of the mayor doing his duties when 2 trains are dispatched. Now please need fix with the boosting of the train.. thanks..

Taz D
Nov 14 2015, 01:30 PM
Ok what is it with boosting the trains? I tried boosting my train and all I got was a message just like if I was posting the facilities, could not add names and have asked any of my friends if they have seen it either on my page or on the wall requests and nobody has seen it..another glitch? On another note, thanks for the fixing of the mayor doing his duties when 2 trains are dispatched. Now please need fix with the boosting of the train.. thanks..
Hi Texas Belle,
Try a different browser as the train boosts still need names added. Apparently you are not getting the list of names in that browser.

Petuniaflower
Nov 14 2015, 01:40 PM
I think I have a GOOD LUCK FAIRY because all through this Adobe Flash mess.I have had only minor things happen that didn't mess with me playing the game.Knock on wood it continues.I have know idea why! Right now I am enjoying the wonderful tree and flower harvesting Poor Raul must have been up all night .Thank you for the GREAT GAME!

Aussie Rae
Nov 14 2015, 02:58 PM
Hi

simple fix.. use another browser.. IE is far too slow anyway, lol, in my humble opinion...

Aussie Rae
Nov 14 2015, 03:01 PM
thanks devs, everything is working perfectly in my little ft world, love the updates and appreciate all the hard work you do for us.. :)

joyrackler
Nov 14 2015, 03:02 PM

User Id : 1566476208
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1566476208&farm_ix=Y

Tiger
Nov 14 2015, 03:20 PM
User Id : 1566476208
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1566476208&farm_ix=Y

Hi joyrackler,

You are quoting a post about super neighbours, are you having that problem? It would be better if you stated that yourself and said exactly what the problem was and where it goes wrong for you.

If it is, you just get to their farm by clicking on their picture in the neighbors bar, and select "Visit xx farm". Once you are there check you still have a red dot on your own picture in the neighbors bar.

guess who
Nov 14 2015, 03:31 PM
What and no increases in levels??????????????? These guys need to add about 200 levels on to keep up with us and the game. I know they are working hard, but come on guys just a little more work ,like cut one coffee break a day please please

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 14 2015, 03:38 PM
There are still many issues with the game. I just finished a very frustrating episode of harvest/plowing a friends' farm. Several times during this process, I got a black screen. Each time this happened, I waited and finally after about a minute, the farm that I was working on reappeared. At that point when I started harvesting again, I got repeated messages that the system was having a hard time saving my work. I was using Maxthon as my browser and have a Mac with 8 G Ram, which ordinarily has no problems doing the simple chore of harvest/plowing. I cleared my cache and memcache yesterday, so this is not the issue. I also checked my ISP with OOKLA and that service is functioning properly.

FarmerSavage
Nov 14 2015, 04:05 PM
Hi MuffinLady:)

Please check your trains are dispatched, if not, then the mayor will not be able to work facilities for you. Remember you need 2 trains with at least 10 long cars dispatched.:)

I have had two trains dispatched with 10 cars each and it never has allowed me to do all farms at once. Is there something else I need to do?

FarmerSavage
Nov 14 2015, 04:07 PM
Also, I have not been able to "boost train" since your original post about the FB problem. I can click, and it opens the window, but it just hangs while trying to show me the people to select.

marymarcel
Nov 14 2015, 04:14 PM
I have had two trains dispatched with 10 cars each and it never has allowed me to do all farms at once. Is there something else I need to do?

Also, I have not been able to "boost train" since your original post about the FB problem. I can click, and it opens the window, but it just hangs while trying to show me the people to select.

Hi FarmerSavage:)

Please provide a link to the farm you have the trains. You have instructions on how to get it in the following thread

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=590390

About boosting trains, which browser are you using? have you tried another browser to check if you are able to send the boost requests?

frostyvb56
Nov 14 2015, 04:20 PM
sounds good... off to the upgrades...

theperfectnina
Nov 14 2015, 04:21 PM

don't reload or fill up your facs, only then will no one be able to work them :-)

mcdaddie
Nov 14 2015, 06:57 PM
I try not to be negative in this forum because so many are negative. I know the devs have had a bad month and I feel for them. I have had problems like that with my own app. But I think these two NEW train cars are a JOKE. Just take one item we all need like Salmon. The new train car brings 29. That is disgusting. I bought two of each because I was excited just to learn it was a waste of farmcash. For LESS FC, I could have bought one each large lake with dock and large seacoast which produces approx the same, but if you have bait you get 2X. Pretty sure you don't get 2X from the train. I get 66 salmon from my lakes 2 times a day. And the train bring 29 every 3 -7 days depending on your locomotive. I believe that is in the "highway robbery" bracket. At the present, I am 2760 Salmon behind from filling all the fac's. How is 29 (two times a week) going to fix that.

I suggest until Slashkey realizes there short sightedness, that you just buy more large lakes with dock and large seacoast. Your money will get you a better return.

JoDanzer
Nov 14 2015, 10:06 PM
I found i had too many super neighbors i tried to add one and couldn't unless i took it away from someone else.

Taz D
Nov 14 2015, 10:14 PM
I found i had too many super neighbors i tried to add one and couldn't unless i took it away from someone else.
Hi JoDanzer,
The Super Neighbors work the same as the Neighbors. Super Neighbors also has a limit, this is also based on their ID's. Approximately 20 Neighbors depending on the length of their IDs. You have 19 so yes you have probably reached your limit.

dnana
Nov 14 2015, 10:52 PM
What and no increases in levels??????????????? These guys need to add about 200 levels on to keep up with us and the game. I know they are working hard, but come on guys just a little more work ,like cut one coffee break a day please please

Levels come out every 3 months. The next level-up will be 25 levels in December, unless something unforseen interferes.

TerriFlynn
Nov 14 2015, 11:20 PM
When I boost my trains, no names appear in the list, therefore I am unable to boost

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1454592555&farm_ix=1

Taz D
Nov 14 2015, 11:27 PM
When I boost my trains, no names appear in the list, therefore I am unable to boost

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1454592555&farm_ix=1
Hi TerryFlynn,
What browser are you using?

TerriFlynn
Nov 14 2015, 11:30 PM
I have tried in Torch, Chrome, FireFox and Sea Monkey

Taz D
Nov 14 2015, 11:33 PM
I have tried in Torch, Chrome, FireFox and Sea Monkey
Hi TreeiFlynn,
Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for both of those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

TerriFlynn
Nov 14 2015, 11:49 PM
It is now working in torch, not the others. Thank you Taz

Taz D
Nov 15 2015, 12:06 AM
It is now working in torch, not the others. Thank you Taz
Hi TerriFlynn,
Do you have an ad-blocker plugin in the others? You have to add those sites to the exceptions for those too.
Here is a little more info for Chrome and Firefox if that will help:
In Chrome you have to go to Advanced settings at the bottom of the options page.
In Firefox add the sites under the Content tab for pop ups and under the Privacy tab for cookies. For the cookies to work you must set the History setting to "Use custom settings for history"

Jdnelso
Nov 15 2015, 12:25 AM
Opera is working well and is faster than Edge if anyone is having issues ... its easy to install too

PAULKOPERA@AOL.COM
Nov 15 2015, 12:45 AM
MESSAGES SENT TO ME:
Attention: Farm Town announced that if you send this message to 35 persons minimum, you'll receive 50 000 Green Dollars to better your farm since Farm Town members say they have dificulty obtaining them. Time limit: Sept. 30-Nov. 29. It will not be repeated.
Just copy and paste and send on
Chat Conversation End

MY REPLY:
<<<ANOTHER PERSON SENDING ME SILLYNESS
WHERE DID YOU PEOPLE SEE SLASHKEY WRITING THIS INFO???
YOU ARE THE SECOND PERSON SENDING ME THIS STUFF... UNLESS YOU CAN PROVE TO ME THAT THIS IS REAL... >>>>

MY REQUEST TO YOU SLASHKEY:
SO FAR I HAVE RECEIVED 6 OF THESE MESSAGES FROM NEIGHBORS... EITHER A INFECTION IS GOING AROUND, OR I HAVE A BUNCH OF SILLY NEIGHBORS WHO CAN NOT TELL A HOAX FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND...
SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO TELL ME IF THIS IS REAL... I HAVE NOT FOUND A POST ON YOUR SITE SO FAR....
OR YOU MIGHT CONSIDER MAKING A POST DEBUNKING THIS BEFORE THE ENTIRE NETWORK GETS TO POSTING THESE MESSAGES AROUND...

Taz D
Nov 15 2015, 12:50 AM
MESSAGES SENT TO ME:
Attention: Farm Town announced that if you send this message to 35 persons minimum, you'll receive 50 000 Green Dollars to better your farm since Farm Town members say they have dificulty obtaining them. Time limit: Sept. 30-Nov. 29. It will not be repeated.
Just copy and paste and send on
Chat Conversation End

MY REPLY:
<<<ANOTHER PERSON SENDING ME SILLYNESS
WHERE DID YOU PEOPLE SEE SLASHKEY WRITING THIS INFO???
YOU ARE THE SECOND PERSON SENDING ME THIS STUFF... UNLESS YOU CAN PROVE TO ME THAT THIS IS REAL... >>>>

MY REQUEST TO YOU SLASHKEY:
SO FAR I HAVE RECEIVED 6 OF THESE MESSAGES FROM NEIGHBORS... EITHER A INFECTION IS GOING AROUND, OR I HAVE A BUNCH OF SILLY NEIGHBORS WHO CAN NOT TELL A HOAX FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND...
SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO TELL ME IF THIS IS REAL... I HAVE NOT FOUND A POST ON YOUR SITE SO FAR....
OR YOU MIGHT CONSIDER MAKING A POST DEBUNKING THIS BEFORE THE ENTIRE NETWORK GETS TO POSTING THESE MESSAGES AROUND...
Hi Paul,
It is a hoax and has been around for years and pops up every once in a while. It is listed in the following thread along with several others that have been around for a while:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595462
The only thing you can do is tell those who send it to you is that it is a hoax. If it sounds too good to be true....:rolleyes:

Aussie Rae
Nov 15 2015, 12:55 AM
lot of gullible people around...

Mantis
Nov 15 2015, 04:32 AM
WORRIED:

ok i love the up-dates always do but the 2 new train cars are a bit low but if you want them get them thats what i say. what worries me is if we keep adding train cars to the train they wont fit. I have 2 full trains at the moment going to be more when the others come in and they already take up nearily a full 40X40 farm if we get any more it means i have to leave cars off the trains and thats like wasting 35 FC for each one i leave off.

PS: please note i cant just put them on other trains as alot of cars i have 10 of , so as you can see i am a bit worried about more cars being added to trains.

Qivis
Nov 15 2015, 06:31 AM
Only 46 Salmon ??? they go nowhere...Raul you are having a laugh at our expense!!!

The idea is to save space on the farms by buying the boxcar instead of an additional lake with boat. He did not mean it as a joke, but it may appear to be one to those of us with the green freehand tool! :D

Qivis
Nov 15 2015, 06:37 AM
WORRIED:

ok i love the up-dates always do but the 2 new train cars are a bit low but if you want them get them thats what i say. what worries me is if we keep adding train cars to the train they wont fit. I have 2 full trains at the moment going to be more when the others come in and they already take up nearily a full 40X40 farm if we get any more it means i have to leave cars off the trains and thats like wasting 35 FC for each one i leave off.

PS: please note i cant just put them on other trains as alot of cars i have 10 of , so as you can see i am a bit worried about more cars being added to trains.

You can buy 2 of each engine (locomotive) type as of a previous update, so you will be able to place different cars behind each and profit from it. I am still working on train number 3 but have 2 trains with 10 and 11 boxcars each attached on my 7th and 14th farms. And I see no trouble at all with having room for more boxcars on a 3rd one that only has 7 attached to it so far! :) I also have a few smaller trains on farms 1, 8, 12, and 15 with as few as only 2 boxcars attached for petrochemicals and textiles... Plenty of room to grow left!

Texas Star
Nov 15 2015, 08:28 AM
Water, Rake, Pull Weeds request blocks Hire Notice when working Facilities ....These pop up when I try to work facilities. They block the Textbox asking me to work facilities and I have to go back start over, reclicking on the post to work facilities and reload the farm. Sometimes on the second attempt, it still not bring up the Facility Work Textbox and I either have to try to find an old post for that person that still works, or just skip them.
I am at level 675. I do not need the xp nor coins for Water/Rake/Pull Weeds, but I don't mind doing that when I am visiting farms. If it cannot be fixed to not activate when going to a farm to work facilities ... please give us an option to opt out of this feature.
I remember that this was a good way to get coins/xp when there was only one farm, 30 levels, and no facilities but when it blocks working facilities it is a big annoyance. I have waited a long time to ask about this, but when I thought it was fixed I was so thrilled :) then disappointed to see the same problem reemerge. Thanks for considering this. I posted here because this was listed as a bug/fix at the end of this news release.

Mantis
Nov 15 2015, 09:05 AM
You can buy 2 of each engine (locomotive) type as of a previous update, so you will be able to place different cars behind each and profit from it. I am still working on train number 3 but have 2 trains with 10 and 11 boxcars each attached on my 7th and 14th farms. And I see no trouble at all with having room for more boxcars on a 3rd one that only has 7 attached to it so far! :) I also have a few smaller trains on farms 1, 8, 12, and 15 with as few as only 2 boxcars attached for petrochemicals and textiles... Plenty of room to grow left!

The problem comes when your trains have 19 cars on, where does the 20th car go. its easy to say put it on another train but when they are full (which mine are getting) it means a train cant have all the cars . i already have 10 of some of the cars (thats one for each of the ten trains) So do i stop buying cars so i have room ???? if so that means trains cant have everything (that *WILL*) put me off the game alot. so as you can see i am getting worried about this

Taz D
Nov 15 2015, 09:28 AM
The problem comes when your trains have 19 cars on, where does the 20th car go. its easy to say put it on another train but when they are full (which mine are getting) it means a train cant have all the cars . i already have 10 of some of the cars (thats one for each of the ten trains) So do i stop buying cars so i have room ???? if so that means trains cant have everything (that *WILL*) put me off the game alot. so as you can see i am getting worried about this
Hi Mantis,
You only buy the cars you think you will need. Nothing says you have to buy every car put out by the developers. There are cars I haven't bought because I don't need additional of what they carry.
On the other side of this you can wrap the trains around a corner if you feel you need to buy them all.

Mantis
Nov 15 2015, 09:42 AM
Hi Mantis,
You only buy the cars you think you will need. Nothing says you have to buy every car put out by the developers. There are cars I haven't bought because I don't need additional of what they carry.
On the other side of this you can wrap the trains around a corner if you feel you need to buy them all.

oooooh they can go around corners ????? in that case bring more out ....

thanks for putting my mind at ease

PS: i want them all :D

maggiel29
Nov 15 2015, 09:48 AM
Hi Paul,
It is a hoax and has been around for years and pops up every once in a while. It is listed in the following thread along with several others that have been around for a while:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595462
The only thing you can do is tell those who send it to you is that it is a hoax. If it sounds too good to be true....:rolleyes:

Yes I am getting them too - yet again!! Thought it had stopped the last time

Taz D
Nov 15 2015, 10:16 AM
oooooh they can go around corners ????? in that case bring more out ....

thanks for putting my mind at ease

PS: i want them all :D
Hi Mantis,
Read the Game Guide chapter on Trains and that will tell you how to do that.

Aussie Rae
Nov 15 2015, 06:50 PM
WORRIED:

you can make the trains go around corners... I have done so on one of my farms thats not 40x40. there are instructions in the game guide on how to do this and what coin carriage you can use for the corner..https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1210206858996006&set=a.589588114391220.153425.100000201115933&type=3

Taz D
Nov 15 2015, 07:36 PM
I may be going blind as I cannot find this: 4. 'Show Work Info' now available in the 'Show Names' window: This will allow you to have a quick look at which of your farms have work available if you prefer to work solo. Due to the amount of back end resources that this operation consumes, you can only refresh this information once every 20 minutes when you are showing it from the 'Show Names' window.
Hi Aussie Rae. Your farm selector at top of farms has Show Names. Click on that and the Show Work Info is at the bottom of that pop up.

Lance75231
Nov 15 2015, 08:32 PM
Just as an fyi - I am currently using Google Chrome for my browser, when I try boosting train it is blank but if I refresh the farm by clicking play and go back to the trains i just dispatched, the names pop up

Aussie Rae
Nov 16 2015, 12:39 AM
Hi Aussie Rae. Your farm selector at top of farms has Show Names. Click on that and the Show Work Info is at the bottom of that pop up.

thanks Taz, I did find it but apologize for not returning to the forum sooner to let you know.. put it down to old age, ;)

Lara
Nov 16 2015, 04:26 AM
I am also using google chrome and my Boost trains list is blank. Going to try the suggestion from Lance 75231 above. Can they have a look at it when there is a free minute (if they find one lol)

Taz D
Nov 16 2015, 09:55 AM
I am also using google chrome and my Boost trains list is blank. Going to try the suggestion from Lance 75231 above. Can they have a look at it when there is a free minute (if they find one lol)
Hi Lara,
Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Please note to add the sites in exceptions:
In Chrome you have to go to Advanced settings at the bottom of the options page.
In Firefox add the sites under the Content tab for pop ups and under the Privacy tab for cookies. For the cookies to work you must set the History setting to "Use custom settings for history"

max_river
Nov 16 2015, 11:03 AM
i am having issue with my farm my facily are not showing up on the farm also in the manger it is not showing them either..

Clockworx
Nov 16 2015, 11:11 AM
Hi Please can you try and sort out the train requests. When trying to boost, this is what i get in the pop up and no luck. Preview

Clockworx JC Botes sent you a Farm Town request:

Would you like to help my train make it faster through the next few markets on its route? You will earn extra products right away!

There are no lists of people to select just a done button. Tried all my browsers, Chrome, Maxthon, Firefox, SWare Iron and torch the same no luck. Also when are you going to try and get a work around regarding the facility posting. I sometimes want to post to specific people and now it goes to all my friends. Please everything was working fine until your first update trying to solve the flash issue.

Taz D
Nov 16 2015, 11:19 AM
i am having issue with my farm my facily are not showing up on the farm also in the manger it is not showing them either..
Hi max_river,
All of your faclities or just certain ones? If it is just certain ones please list them so we can check your data and see if they are there.
Please check in your preferences to see if you have facilities checked. Also check the Facility Manager filter to make sure it is set to All facilities on All farms.

Taz D
Nov 16 2015, 11:24 AM
Hi Please can you try and sort out the train requests. When trying to boost, this is what i get in the pop up and no luck. Preview

Clockworx JC Botes sent you a Farm Town request:

Would you like to help my train make it faster through the next few markets on its route? You will earn extra products right away!

There are no lists of people to select just a done button. Tried all my browsers, Chrome, Maxthon, Firefox, SWare Iron and torch the same no luck. Also when are you going to try and get a work around regarding the facility posting. I sometimes want to post to specific people and now it goes to all my friends. Please everything was working fine until your first update trying to solve the flash issue.
Hi Clockworx,

Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

I don't have any information on where to set these in the other browsers as I don't use those. You may want to check your anti-virus and anti-malware programs for these sites to make sure those are not blocking them either.

The problem with this was the Facebook update done at the same time as the Flash update that has cause the problem with the lists.

Clockworx
Nov 16 2015, 12:06 PM
Hi Clockworx,

Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

I don't have any information on where to set these in the other browsers as I don't use those. You may want to check your anti-virus and anti-malware programs for these sites to make sure those are not blocking them either.

The problem with this was the Facebook update done at the same time as the Flash update that has cause the problem with the lists.

I have done it all as set out above and still blank screen, even disabled all add blockers, no go. Seems as if train boosting as it was has come to and end for me.

Taz D
Nov 16 2015, 12:19 PM
I have done it all as set out above and still blank screen, even disabled all add blockers, no go. Seems as if train boosting as it was has come to and end for me.
Hi Clockworx,
Can you send gifts?
Check your anti-malware and anti-virus programs and make sure none of those sites have been block in those.
For Chrome the only other thing I can suggest is to go to the bottom of your settings and reset Chrome to default settings. In the past that has worked for some.

Clockworx
Nov 16 2015, 12:32 PM
Taz yep sending gifts and all other window interaction are cool, just the trains

mcdaddie
Nov 16 2015, 12:33 PM
Hi Clockworx,
Can you send gifts?
Check your anti-malware and anti-virus programs and make sure none of those sites have been block in those.
For Chrome the only other thing I can suggest is to go to the bottom of your settings and reset Chrome to default settings. In the past that has worked for some.

This problem is happening to me also and a lot of other people I have talked to. It is intermittent and sometimes it will give the lists after 10 or more retrys, and sometimes it won't give the list for hours. It is very disturbing.

Taz D
Nov 16 2015, 12:44 PM
Taz yep sending gifts and all other window interaction are cool, just the trains
Hi Clockworx,
Have you tried what others have tried of closing restarting and open again to see if the list will show.
The developers are looking at this and I hope they can find something that will work.
I use Firefox, added those sites ages ago, don't use an adblocker, and have never had any problems with any of the lists since then. I do know my IE would not bring up the lists even with those sites added, but my Chrome also works though I only use it for testing.

Taz D
Nov 16 2015, 12:45 PM
This problem is happening to me also and a lot of other people I have talked to. It is intermittent and sometimes it will give the lists after 10 or more retrys, and sometimes it won't give the list for hours. It is very disturbing.
Hi mcdaddie,
Can you also send gifts or do you have to reopen that several times too?
The developers are looking at this so maybe they can find out why the trains lists do not come up the first time.

mcdaddie
Nov 16 2015, 01:17 PM
Hi mcdaddie,
Can you also send gifts or do you have to reopen that several times too?
The developers are looking at this so maybe they can find out why the trains lists do not come up the first time.

Hi Taz
Like others, I am sending gifts quite well. Farmer lists just pop up real fast.

bruhelmboldt
Nov 16 2015, 03:01 PM
Okay, here's an off-the-wall problem for ya': I'm making my farm fourteen into one of Josef Stalin's Siberian prison/work/concentration camps - a Gulag. (don't ask, it's a long story.) I've named farm fourteen Gulag fourteen - ГУЛАГчетырнадцать in Cyrillic. Last week some time the Cyrillic lettering on the farm and on the enlarged farm selector disappeared, but it still shows on the small farm selector when you mouse over it! Any suggestions or ideas???

+
+ Problem solved.
+
+Thanks for the fix, Raul!
+

Aussie Rae
Nov 16 2015, 03:59 PM
google chrome has now decided to join and is sending error messages when I try to send gifts back to people.. grrr... pictures are not appearing on my wall, farmtown in not loading fully, people are all greyed out.. have checked and the browser is up to date so it has to be the flash player at fault... I think its time for a day off from farmtown, lol

Judy Cowan
Nov 16 2015, 04:16 PM
Whoo hoo congrats raul & team.... Farmtown working better than ever... Great update, thank you so much for all your hard work hugs & kisses

beverduster
Nov 16 2015, 04:16 PM
im still lookin for my chicken hens that i bought and when i tried to put them in the hen house they were gone, is there a fox in the house now?

marymarcel
Nov 16 2015, 04:29 PM
google chrome has now decided to join and is sending error messages when I try to send gifts back to people.. grrr... pictures are not appearing on my wall, farmtown in not loading fully, people are all greyed out.. have checked and the browser is up to date so it has to be the flash player at fault... I think its time for a day off from farmtown, lol

Hi Aussie Rae:)

Have you tried all suggestions given in the following thread?

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

marymarcel
Nov 16 2015, 04:31 PM
im still lookin for my chicken hens that i bought and when i tried to put them in the hen house they were gone, is there a fox in the house now?

Hi beverduster:)

You know that we cant do anything about this through the forums. Have you contacted Support again as I suggested you?:)

Aussie Rae
Nov 16 2015, 06:50 PM
Hi Aussie Rae:)

Have you tried all suggestions given in the following thread?

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

am unable to even log into facebook now.. strange looking page and tells me I have to have cookies enabled.. well they are.. I have never disabled them... I can visit the forum as I have the site bookmarked, but cannot access anything else...

theperfectnina
Nov 16 2015, 07:29 PM
am unable to even log into facebook now.. strange looking page and tells me I have to have cookies enabled.. well they are.. I have never disabled them... I can visit the forum as I have the site bookmarked, but cannot access anything else...

Be careful, if you are unable to access Facebook and are getting a funny page when trying to logon to Facebook, you might have a VERY bad virus, I infected my partners computer, still can't afford to get it fixed but won't even turn it on now.

ps I just tried ringing you but no answer, I'm off to bed so please don't try ring me back thanks

Mary Dabrowski
Nov 16 2015, 07:53 PM
Does the show work info work? I can't figure it out. My farm had wheat that was ready to harvest, and my trees were ready to chop and shake, but the show work info bar showed 1/2 green and 1/2 white. How do you read the Show Work Info?

Taz D
Nov 16 2015, 08:15 PM
Does the show work info work? I can't figure it out. My farm had wheat that was ready to harvest, and my trees were ready to chop and shake, but the show work info bar showed 1/2 green and 1/2 white. How do you read the Show Work Info?
Hi Mary, The green with white area shows how much of the farm is covered in workabable items. If it is half and half then that means the farm only has 50% of the area covered in workable items
The number tells you how many items are ready on that farm.

Snookie Sue
Nov 16 2015, 10:24 PM
Well I knew folks were complaining about the number of products in the new train cars but I bought 2 tonight - to support the devs for all their hard work lately. However I was shocked by just how unbelievably tiny the amounts are. Did a zero or two get left off the totals in the madness of the past month or so? That can't possibly be the real reward for forking over 35 farm cash x2. They are completely worthless to me for anything but decorations.

Aussie Rae
Nov 16 2015, 10:49 PM
Be careful, if you are unable to access Facebook and are getting a funny page when trying to logon to Facebook, you might have a VERY bad virus, I infected my partners computer, still can't afford to get it fixed but won't even turn it on now.

ps I just tried ringing you but no answer, I'm off to bed so please don't try ring me back thanks
Its all sorted.. Windows 10 wanted to do a system update and after that all is back to normal.. just took a few hours for the whole operating system to update... I knew it was not a virus, have a great anti virus program and had run scans just to be sure... now I am happy, :)

Taz D
Nov 16 2015, 10:55 PM
Its all sorted.. Windows 10 wanted to do a system update and after that all is back to normal.. just took a few hours for the whole operating system to update... I knew it was not a virus, have a great anti virus program and had run scans just to be sure... now I am happy, :)
Good to hear Aussie Rae. :)

Lara
Nov 17 2015, 12:32 AM
Hi Lara,

Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Hi Taz, I have changed nothing all that changed is the upgrade and I didn't have this problem before it. I did get the list back but I actually had to leave farmtown completely and come back before it appeared again. Oh and I have none of that stuff you mentioned lol and cookies love me.

Bellemadge
Nov 17 2015, 03:43 AM
Still cannot play Farm Town. Something has gone wrong with it and it is now loading far too small for me to seeit properley.

lgable
Nov 17 2015, 04:49 AM
I have not seen this posted anywhere, but under my 'Show Farmtown Request Wall' I can no longer see any bonuses and ingredient requests posted. The last one was around 7hrs ago. Not sure if this is to do with the updates for the facilities or not

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 04:55 AM
Still cannot play Farm Town. Something has gone wrong with it and it is now loading far too small for me to seeit properley.
Hi Bellemadge,
Please check to make sure your browser zoom is 100%. Farm Town has not changed the size of the farm window.

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 04:57 AM
I have not seen this posted anywhere, but under my 'Show Farmtown Request Wall' I can no longer see any bonuses and ingredient requests posted. The last one was around 7hrs ago. Not sure if this is to do with the updates for the facilities or not
Hi lgables,
Are you seeing any of them in your Newsfeed that are newer than 7 hours ago?

lgable
Nov 17 2015, 05:06 AM
Yes, have recent ones from 24 minutes ago showing in my newsfeed.

Catherine2003
Nov 17 2015, 05:32 AM
I am having same problem. When I go to 'Show Farmtown wall request I only see facilities and client post for the last 8 hours , however before that I can also see bonus/ ingredient post. I can see a mixture of Farmtown on my news feed.

Mary Dabrowski
Nov 17 2015, 05:54 AM
What is considered workable items. Crops, trees, flowers or does it also include dairy & wool shed also. Because my crops and trees were all ready on my farm, but the green bar was only a portion of the way over.

marymarcel
Nov 17 2015, 07:24 AM
Yes, have recent ones from 24 minutes ago showing in my newsfeed.

I am having same problem. When I go to 'Show Farmtown wall request I only see facilities and client post for the last 8 hours , however before that I can also see bonus/ ingredient post. I can see a mixture of Farmtown on my news feed.

Hi lgable and Catherine:)

Thanks for your reports, we are checking into this.

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 09:16 AM
What is considered workable items. Crops, trees, flowers or does it also include dairy & wool shed also. Because my crops and trees were all ready on my farm, but the green bar was only a portion of the way over.
Hi Mary,
According to the September release it states "We also highlight in green how much of the total farm surface is covered with workable items, for example if half of your farm 1 is covered with ready to harvest crops, and 1 quarter is covered with ready to harvest trees and the last quarter is covered with decorations, the green bar will reflect that you have 3 quarters of your farm 1 surface covered with workable items."

snickddle
Nov 17 2015, 09:36 AM
Hi...I am having the same problem as some of the others..i can only see postings for facilities and service facilities in my newsfeed.. i see nothing for indgredients or bonsus

thanks for all you do
Debbie

Tom C
Nov 17 2015, 09:39 AM

how do you post your factories this way, so only you see them

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 09:45 AM
Hi...I am having the same problem as some of the others..i can only see postings for facilities and service facilities in my newsfeed.. i see nothing for indgredients or bonsus

thanks for all you do
Debbie
Hi Debbie,
We have confirmed this ourselves and it has been reported to the developers.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 17 2015, 09:55 AM
Hi Tom, yes, the same thing happened to me the other day. I went from more than 80 million products pending to 10 million products pending overnight. Yes, I did the same thing that you did, removed my post from my timeline. I did this within 1/2 hour of my original post, after noticing that I had TONS of folks working my facilities. The problem is that you can remove your post from your timeline, but it is NOT removed from FB, so it will take 48 hours for your post to become inactive. I was told by Taz, that this is a function that FB has interfered with. The private posts no longer work. Apparently, Raul is working on a fix, but in the meantime, I am afraid to post my facilities again. If you go to Raul's notes in the forum you will see that he has a temporary fix for this, in which you can check a new box that prohibits your post from going into the requests pending area, BUT, your post is still out there on FB. In the meantime, I will not post facilities again until this is fixed. I have even cut down my planted fields from 10 to 4, which means I am "sitting and idling" while they hopefully "fix" this game.

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 10:02 AM
Hi Tom, yes, the same thing happened to me the other day. I went from more than 80 million products pending to 10 million products pending overnight. Yes, I did the same thing that you did, removed my post from my timeline. I did this within 1/2 hour of my original post, after noticing that I had TONS of folks working my facilities. The problem is that you can remove your post from your timeline, but it is NOT removed from FB, so it will take 48 hours for your post to become inactive. I was told by Taz, that this is a function that FB has interfered with. The private posts no longer work. Apparently, Raul is working on a fix, but in the meantime, I am afraid to post my facilities again. If you go to Raul's notes in the forum you will see that he has a temporary fix for this, in which you can check a new box that prohibits your post from going into the requests pending area, BUT, your post is still out there on FB. In the meantime, I will not post facilities again until this is fixed. I have even cut down my planted fields from 10 to 4, which means I am "sitting and idling" while they hopefully "fix" this game.
Hi ckpeer,
The fix has already been done. The problem before was that your post was in the Show Wall Posts for everyone even though you set it to "Only Me." The post on Facebook was still correct according to what you set the security to so if "Only Me" then only you could see it and no one else in Facebook. By adding the check box then now you can keep that post off of the Show Wall Requests and only have it in Facebook to whatever group of people you set it to in the security. That fixes it so you will not have every one of your friends seeing it as it will not be on the Show Wall Requests for anyone.

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 10:28 AM
how do you post your factories this way, so only you see them
Hi Tom,
To post your factories to only you, click to post as you would normally. In the first pop up will be a check box to "Show on Farm Town Wall Requests" so since you want it to be to only yourself then uncheck that box. Click the green check.
In the next pop up look in the lower left corner for a symbol with a down arrow next to it. Click the down arrow and another pop up will show. In that you can choose who sees your posts. When you finish choosing clic Save and then you can post.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 17 2015, 10:31 AM
Hi ckpeer,
The fix has already been done. The problem before was that your post was in the Show Wall Posts for everyone even though you set it to "Only Me." The post on Facebook was still correct according to what you set the security to so if "Only Me" then only you could see it and no one else in Facebook. By adding the check box then now you can keep that post off of the Show Wall Requests and only have it in Facebook to whatever group of people you set it to in the security. That fixes it so you will not have every one of your friends seeing it as it will not be on the Show Wall Requests for anyone.

Hi Taz, thanks for the quick response. The post I made was to ONE specific neighbor, not "Only Me" I am careful to check my posts to make sure that I get them right, and I did check this post, it was right even while I was noticing that I had TONS of folks on my farms. Hopefully, what you say is true. I will try it again, posting only my service facilities, so that I don't get hit as badly as I did the other day.

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 10:36 AM
Hi Taz, thanks for the quick response. The post I made was to ONE specific neighbor, not "Only Me" I am careful to check my posts to make sure that I get them right, and I did check this post, it was right even while I was noticing that I had TONS of folks on my farms. Hopefully, what you say is true. I will try it again, posting only my service facilities, so that I don't get hit as badly as I did the other day.
Hi ckpeer,
Yes that was the problem before as brought up by you and others.
that is what the fix was for and the reason for the check box to allow it in the Wall Requests or not. It was never a problem with the posts in the Newsfeed in Facebook, but was a problem in the Wall Requests because Facebook was no longer letting Farm Town see who the posts were for so all your friends saw it in there, not in their Newsfeeds.
I just tried it sending to Only me and that is the way I see it on my Timeline and it is not shown in the Wall Requests at all.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 17 2015, 10:39 AM
Hi ckpeer,

As I read your post again, my question is "why would someone want to post facilities to 'only me' "? When you post facilities, you want a response. Having the option to post to specific people or specific groups is a great idea that the devs have offered us. Hopefully this fix will work for specific farmers and I will try it shortly. Thanks again.

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 10:46 AM
As I read your post again, my question is "why would someone want to post facilities to 'only me' "? When you post facilities, you want a response. Having the option to post to specific people or specific groups is a great idea that the devs have offered us. Hopefully this fix will work for specific farmers and I will try it shortly. Thanks again.
Hi ckpeer,
It will work for specific people in that they will see it in their newsfeed, but no one will see it in the Show Farmtown Wall Requests. That was the best that the developers could do with the restrictions that Facebook put on them. This is the best they can do. Some people prefer to post to Only Me, then they can copy their post to a group in Facebook.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 17 2015, 11:00 AM
Hi ckpeer,
It will work for specific people in that they will see it in their newsfeed, but no one will see it in the Show Farmtown Wall Requests. That was the best that the developers could do with the restrictions that Facebook put on them. This is the best they can do. Some people prefer to post to Only Me, then they can copy their post to a group in Facebook.

Woot, Woot, it seems to be working. I have had the one specific person work my facilities with no other comers. She says that she sees my post on her timeline as well as on the Show Farm Town Wall Requests page. It is 15 minutes after the post went up and I have had no other comers. Great news. Thanks. I was beginning to think that I would be on idle for a long time.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 17 2015, 11:33 AM
Hi ckpeer,

Hi Taz, I just checked and I did get a hit from two other persons besides my intended individual. In the check box I chose FB friends as the group to NOT send notices to. The individuals who worked my facilities are FB friends. Did I mention that the person I chose to work my facilities said she saw the notice on her home page as well as on the Show Wall Requests list. This is much better than last time, but...

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 11:41 AM
Hi Taz, I just checked and I did get a hit from two other persons besides my intended individual. In the check box I chose FB friends as the group to NOT send notices to. The individuals who worked my facilities are FB friends. Did I mention that the person I chose to work my facilities said she saw the notice on her home page as well as on the Show Wall Requests list. This is much better than last time, but...
Hi ckpeer,
Did you put the individuals name in the top box to post it to and no one else? Did you uncheck the box in the first pop up to not show it in the Show Wall Requests?

Texas Belle
Nov 17 2015, 03:39 PM
Hi Texas Belle,
Try a different browser as the train boosts still need names added. Apparently you are not getting the list of names in that browser.

Thanks Taz, I did change to Chrome for that task, but thanks to the team my Safari is working back to its full potential.. no more problems... :)

marymarcel
Nov 17 2015, 03:57 PM
From Raul's notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - November 17th, 4:00PM

- BugFix: Posts for bonuses and ingredients were not appearing on the ''Farmtown Wall Requests'. From now on, they will start to appear again, notice that they will always appear, even if you choose "Only Me" in the facebook post screen.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 17 2015, 04:36 PM
Hi ckpeer,

Hi Taz, I just checked my facilities again and a total of 5 people have worked my facilities, when I posted to one. I did remove the post from my timeline, and when I sent it to my one friend, I checked the button that said "do not post to FB friends". The 4 that were not invited are all my FB friends. So..... how do I get this to work? This is better than what happened before, but is still not acceptable. I am still in the position of not wanting to make a full post of facilities and clients, which means I am still "idling"

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 04:42 PM
Hi Taz, I just checked my facilities again and a total of 5 people have worked my facilities, when I posted to one. I did remove the post from my timeline, and when I sent it to my one friend, I checked the button that said "do not post to FB friends". The 4 that were not invited are all my FB friends. So..... how do I get this to work? This is better than what happened before, but is still not acceptable. I am still in the position of not wanting to make a full post of facilities and clients, which means I am still "idling"
Hi ckpeer,
Did you uncheck the box to not show in the Farmtown Wall Requests?
That is on the first pop up you get when you post. If you didn't uncheck that then it will post in the Wall Requests and all of your friends who play will see it.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 17 2015, 05:42 PM
Hi ckpeer,
Did you put the individuals name in the top box to post it to and no one else? Did you uncheck the box in the first pop up to not show it in the Show Wall Requests?

Hi Taz, i put the individual's name in the top box, and Farm Town Friends in the 2nd box which said that this choice would not receive the post. When I attempted to type in "Show Wall Requests" in the 2nd box (not to be posted), the system would not accept this choice. I will post again to see what happens. When I attempt to post again, I just now put in the individual's name, and pulled up Farm Town Friends in the 2nd box. Before actually posting, I checked the setting and it said "All Friends" Needless to say I did NOT click on Share. The devs must be working on this right now because when I did this earlier, my friend's name showed up as the only person who would see this post. I will try again tomorrow.

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 06:32 PM
Hi Taz, i put the individual's name in the top box, and Farm Town Friends in the 2nd box which said that this choice would not receive the post. When I attempted to type in "Show Wall Requests" in the 2nd box (not to be posted), the system would not accept this choice. I will post again to see what happens. When I attempt to post again, I just now put in the individual's name, and pulled up Farm Town Friends in the 2nd box. Before actually posting, I checked the setting and it said "All Friends" Needless to say I did NOT click on Share. The devs must be working on this right now because when I did this earlier, my friend's name showed up as the only person who would see this post. I will try again tomorrow.
Hi ckpeer,
You have to uncheck the box on the first pop up to keep it from going to the Show Farmtown Wall Requests to be able to limit to the one individual or group of individuals you want it to go to. And the only place they will see it is on their newsfeed or your time line. See the picture below.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12241399_904776786224550_8904489200689918450_n.jpg ?oh=3db9a1ff70e043f040dbc898856f84f7&oe=56F40FD1
Where the red cirle is you have to uncheck that box for it to only go to the individuals you want it to go to and it will only be seen on their Newsfeed.

kgg43king
Nov 17 2015, 07:46 PM
the fix to the working factories didn't work - I unclicked the box and still had people going through - this is ridiculous - impossible to keep up with people just running through your farms

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 08:01 PM
the fix to the working factories didn't work - I unclicked the box and still had people going through - this is ridiculous - impossible to keep up with people just running through your farms
Hi kgg,
On the second pop up did you change the security in the lower left corner to who you wanted it to go to? You have to uncheck the box and pick who it is to go to on their newsfeed on the second pop up.
We tested this among the moderators and the only ones that could see the post on the Newsfeed was the ones we set it to go to in the security. And none of us could see it on the Show Farmtown Wall Requests.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 17 2015, 08:01 PM
Hi ckpeer,
You have to uncheck the box on the first pop up to keep it from going to the Show Farmtown Wall Requests to be able to limit to the one individual or group of individuals you want it to go to. And the only place they will see it is on their newsfeed or your time line. See the picture below.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12241399_904776786224550_8904489200689918450_n.jpg ?oh=3db9a1ff70e043f040dbc898856f84f7&oe=56F40FD1
Where the red cirle is you have to uncheck that box for it to only go to the individuals you want it to go to and it will only be seen on their Newsfeed.

Thanks Taz, I am not sure why, but I did NOT get that pop up when I posted. Trust me, since this started, I have been VERY careful about reading each choice/pop-up carefully. I will try again in the morning. In the meantime, I will clear my cache, memcache, and restart my computer, so I have a better chance of getting that pop up tomorrow.

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 08:06 PM
Thanks Taz, I am not sure why, but I did NOT get that pop up when I posted. Trust me, since this started, I have been VERY careful about reading each choice/pop-up carefully. I will try again in the morning. In the meantime, I will clear my cache, memcache, and restart my computer, so I have a better chance of getting that pop up tomorrow.
Hi ckpeer,
You always get that first pop up right after clicking on Produce Faster or Refer Clients. It may be that you are so used to clicking through that so fast that you don't think about seeing it. Up until now it was really not something we thought about.

Aussie Rae
Nov 17 2015, 08:25 PM
I have noticed that the feature we are supposed to tick.. worked once but has not worked since.. memcache done.. no change.. also the mayor is not working correctly.. folk doing my facs are missing out on lots of facility products... he skipped 10 on one farm alone, that had 125 on it.. they had to manually click on each facility to open it..am sure this is just a glitch and will be fixed soon, :) I will post to my wall to let all of the rest of my friends know this also..

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 08:43 PM
I have noticed that the feature we are supposed to tick.. worked once but has not worked since.. memcache done.. no change.. also the mayor is not working correctly.. folk doing my facs are missing out on lots of facility products... he skipped 10 on one farm alone, that had 125 on it.. they had to manually click on each facility to open it..am sure this is just a glitch and will be fixed soon, :) I will post to my wall to let all of the rest of my friends know this also..
Hi Aussie Rae,
Which feature are you talking about ticking?

Some still have not realized when they do the facilities they do not need to click on the X to close a facility and go on to the next one. Clicking to work automatically goes on to the next facility. If they click the X too then they are actually closing the next facility without working it.

Aussie Rae
Nov 17 2015, 09:07 PM
Hi Aussie Rae,
Which feature are you talking about ticking?

Some still have not realized when they do the facilities they do not need to click on the X to close a facility and go on to the next one. Clicking to work automatically goes on to the next facility. If they click the X too then they are actually closing the next facility without working it.

when we post and can untick that post for the farmtown wall, I posted for a few special people.. and I had to tell them to come back and rework to get ones the mayor missed.. one person actually unhid the facilities and just tried clicking on each one.. the facs did not open automatically for him..but I have warned all others so they know that they may not be getting the full numbers of products they usually get... down to around 19% now so there is not much left workwise.

Just wondering if I have confused the mayor as I have moved a few farms around, to make life easier for me when planting etc.. farm 17 on the grid has been exchanged with farm 19.. maybe thats why he can't work to his full potential, lol. Farm 19 ( in farm 17 spot on the grid is at 2% and farm 17 in farm 19 spot on the grid is at 20%) :)

Tom C
Nov 17 2015, 11:02 PM
I have one more question about this posting facility work so only you see it. What is the purpose of posting it that way, since you can not work your own facilities. I thought posting your facilities was so lots of people could work them.

Taz D
Nov 17 2015, 11:14 PM
I have one more question about this posting facility work so only you see it. What is the purpose of posting it that way, since you can not work your own facilities. I thought posting your facilities was so lots of people could work them.
Hi Tom,
That was just an example as it is a setting you can use for any posts in Facebook. It is a Facebook function and not just a Farm Town one. Maybe you want to upload a photo but only for your ownself. That way only you can see it.
However, you can also post your facilities to a select group of your friends/neighbors if that is what you want to do by using this same method and instead of Only Me you set it to a list you have created in Facebook or by adding the names individually.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 18 2015, 05:55 AM
Hi Tom,
To post your factories to only you, click to post as you would normally. In the first pop up will be a check box to "Show on Farm Town Wall Requests" so since you want it to be to only yourself then uncheck that box. Click the green check.
In the next pop up look in the lower left corner for a symbol with a down arrow next to it. Click the down arrow and another pop up will show. In that you can choose who sees your posts. When you finish choosing clic Save and then you can post.

Hi Taz, I have been poking around again and unchecking "Show Farm Town Wall Requests" does work. What I have not been able to get to work is the choice of "custom" or "only me" on that 2nd pop up. I reread Raul's notes, and according to those notes these two choices should work. PS, I was able to post to a specific friend, but it was clumsy since I could not choose the 'custom" or "only me" choice. This required me to contact and speak to my friend directly before posting to her. I could not just post it and wait for her to work my facilities.

Taz D
Nov 18 2015, 09:51 AM
Hi Taz, I have been poking around again and unchecking "Show Farm Town Wall Requests" does work. What I have not been able to get to work is the choice of "custom" or "only me" on that 2nd pop up. I reread Raul's notes, and according to those notes these two choices should work. PS, I was able to post to a specific friend, but it was clumsy since I could not choose the 'custom" or "only me" choice. This required me to contact and speak to my friend directly before posting to her. I could not just post it and wait for her to work my facilities.
Hi ckpeer,
I am not sure why you couldn't get the Custom and Only Me as those are part of the choices. When you have the second pop up open then you click on the tiny people symbol in the lower left corner and that opens a 3rd pop up where you choose who you want to send the post to. You had to have opened that to send the post only to your one friend. The custom and only me are part of that. Those are not Farm Town choices, but come from Facebook. If you cannot get those to work then you will need to ask Facebook about that.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 18 2015, 09:55 AM
If it's checked the post will be visible to all friends in their 'Farmtown Wall Requests' even if you choose "Only Me" in the facebook post screen that comes right after.

If it's unchecked the post will *not* be visible to *any* friends in their 'Farmtown Wall Requests' even if you choose "Public" in the facebook post screen that comes right after.

We know this is not the ideal solution but is the best we can do now after facebook latest changes.

I took the above information from Raul's notes from 11/17. In them he discusses the "only me" and "custom" choices from the FB post screen. I have tried numerous times to choose those two choices, but that button is broken because when you click OK, and hover over the selection it comes up as "public" or "FB friends", or "friends". Is this another FB glitch? If it is, it really does complicate the situation much more.

RoseArienh
Nov 18 2015, 10:34 AM
I had the same problem with the custom post to "Only Me" on another app (My Zoo) on Facebook this morning. I am the only person I know still playing that, so I post to Only Me and then delete the post. (The info also goes into the game and the desired action is accomplished.)

Anyway, I think this is a Facebook problem. I tried posting a status update, and that worked fine, so I'm thinking it also applies only to apps and games (or they've fixed it while I was typing).

Taz D
Nov 18 2015, 10:41 AM

I took the above information from Raul's notes from 11/17. In them he discusses the "only me" and "custom" choices from the FB post screen. I have tried numerous times to choose those two choices, but that button is broken because when you click OK, and hover over the selection it comes up as "public" or "FB friends", or "friends". Is this another FB glitch? If it is, it really does complicate the situation much more.
Hi ckpeer,
Let me ask you this. If you could not select the Custom function then how did you post the request to only the one person you wanted to work it? And how were you posting your requests to only one person before the Facebook change?
After unchecking the box on first pop up (already discussed) then you get the second pop up...
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12241458_905000326202196_8452030206763772127_n.jpg ?oh=ab2bf4521138e48ee67d88af059b60a2&oe=56BABBED
Click on the symbol in circle. You will see Public, Friends, Custom and a couple Facebook lists if you have any. You have to choose Custom to get to the next pop up to choose who you are going to send the post to...

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12249576_905000349535527_8623649097608477427_n.jpg ?oh=b67d793bbea36405ce2fcc846ba42083&oe=56F7D92A

Here is where you pick the Friends of friends, friends, specific people or lists you want to send it to or Only Me.

RoseArienh
Nov 18 2015, 10:53 AM
Taz, the problem I had with this (mentioned in the post above) was that even though "only me" was the choice I picked, it absolutely would not change from "your friends". I cancelled, tried again, cancelled and tried a third time, and had no success. I just went into Farm Town and tried it with a request for help in facilities, and the same thing happened. (I changed it to "only me", and it still shows up as "your friends".)

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 18 2015, 10:59 AM
Hi ckpeer,
Let me ask you this. If you could not select the Custom function then how did you post the request to only the one person you wanted to work it? And how were you posting your requests to only one person before the Facebook change?
After unchecking the box on first pop up (already discussed) then you get the second pop up...
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12241458_905000326202196_8452030206763772127_n.jpg ?oh=ab2bf4521138e48ee67d88af059b60a2&oe=56BABBED
Click on the symbol in circle. You will see Public, Friends, Custom and a couple Facebook lists if you have any. You have to choose Custom to get to the next pop up to choose who you are going to send the post to...

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12249576_905000349535527_8623649097608477427_n.jpg ?oh=b67d793bbea36405ce2fcc846ba42083&oe=56F7D92A

Here is where you pick the Friends of friends, friends, specific people or lists you want to send it to or Only Me.

Hi Taz, when I posted to only one person before the FB change I would choose "custom" and then choose "specific people" which then allowed me to write in the person's name, or more than one name if I chose. I actually was able to work around the problem of the FB choices not allowing me to choose "only me" or "custom". I chose "family" instead. None of my family members play this game, so they would pay no attention to my post. If Raul/FB cannot get those 2 choices to work, then I probably can continue to choose "family", but I really prefer not to because they really don't need or want to see my FT posts. My other alternative is to make a FB group, as I made the family group, but I usually choose just one person at a time to work my facilities, so that solution is clunky too. Right now the "custom" choice will allow me to type in the person's name, but when I close the pop-up and hover over the little wrench on the lower left, my choice is not what I wrote in, but "public" or "friends" instead.

ckpeer@gmail.com
Nov 18 2015, 11:04 AM
Taz, the problem I had with this (mentioned in the post above) was that even though "only me" was the choice I picked, it absolutely would not change from "your friends". I cancelled, tried again, cancelled and tried a third time, and had no success. I just went into Farm Town and tried it with a request for help in facilities, and the same thing happened. (I changed it to "only me", and it still shows up as "your friends".)

Taz, Rose is describing exactly what is happening. When you choose "only me" or "custom" that choice does NOT register and it defaults to "friends" or "public" It seems to default to the choice that was present before you chose "only me" or "custom"

RoseArienh
Nov 18 2015, 11:13 AM
I think I have found a work-around for this, but it's somewhat of a pain in the neck. If you post a status and choose Only Me, it works. If you then go into a game and post from there, the Only Me remains.

Several friends are now laughing at my "this is just a test" status updates. But that's okay. Anything for the team. ;)

Taz D
Nov 18 2015, 11:46 AM
Taz, Rose is describing exactly what is happening. When you choose "only me" or "custom" that choice does NOT register and it defaults to "friends" or "public" It seems to default to the choice that was present before you chose "only me" or "custom"

I think I have found a work-around for this, but it's somewhat of a pain in the neck. If you post a status and choose Only Me, it works. If you then go into a game and post from there, the Only Me remains.

Several friends are now laughing at my "this is just a test" status updates. But that's okay. Anything for the team. ;)
Hi Rose an ckpeer,
You are correct. It was working right yesterday but today it is not saving the changes. I don't know if this is anything the developers can do something about or if it is something Facebook has changed. We will check with them and see if something is causing the Save to not work from their end.
As a work around, you can uncheck to keep it from going on the Wall Requests, then post it to "friends", then go to your timeline or newsfeed and change it to the custom list of people you want it to go to.
Since the Newsfeed doesn't update immediately then you should get it changed before anyone else can see it. Until something is done by Facebook or Farm Town to fix the Save this is the best way we can find for it to work the way you want it to.