PDA

View Full Version : Discussions about Neighborhood Chains Contest

Pages : [1] 2

Taz D
Oct 13 2011, 12:25 AM
All Discussions about the Neighborhood Chains Contest

Hi, due to the number of posts we are receiving in relation to Neighborhood Chains Contest in the feedback section we have decided to make an Official thread for the topic. If you wish to provide feedback on this topic please post in this thread.

We are aware that there are some grey areas between feedback and suggestions, however if you only want to make a suggestion we ask that you post in the Suggestion section.

We will endeavor to allow a bit more latitude in this section than in the other sections of the forum, however, please bear in mind we must stave off chaos.

Debates are allowed but posts which go beyond simple debates and fall into attacks against another member or out right name calling, or take a thread completely off track, will be removed.

LongsleeveSteve
Apr 07 2016, 08:07 AM
Nice idea, but when I try to work on of my facilities and check for my experience point, I see nothing shown for me working that facility. I can forget about the farm cash places because if I don't have Farm Cash from playing the game, i will not buy the facility. I play this game and use the farm cash as I am rewarded. I will not take money out of my pocket to buy any farm town cash. Still, this game is not showing the experience point that i just worked in two of the facilities, Dairy and Tile Outlet. You need some extra work and thought on some of these games. I ain't rich.:mad:

temptnfate13
Apr 07 2016, 08:53 AM
Nice idea, but when I try to work on of my facilities and check for my experience point, I see nothing shown for me working that facility. I can forget about the farm cash places because if I don't have Farm Cash from playing the game, i will not buy the facility. I play this game and use the farm cash as I am rewarded. I will not take money out of my pocket to buy any farm town cash. Still, this game is not showing the experience point that i just worked in two of the facilities, Dairy and Tile Outlet. You need some extra work and thought on some of these games. I ain't rich.:mad:

Mine just keeps erroring out

dell466
Apr 07 2016, 09:41 AM
error X025 is only result I get when trying the new neighborhood chain. Looks like it does not work. Also, once again you are giving the advantage to those who spend read mone (FC) Like many others I only use FC once I ear it doing other quests so do not own very may FC facilities. I spend my FX on tools for working crops and load/storing facilities.

Taz D
Apr 07 2016, 10:59 AM
Hi all,
Please be patient as it is a new feature and the bugs have to be worked out. I am sure they will get it work as quickly as possible.

emurph
Apr 07 2016, 11:13 AM
Just tell me simply what I'm supposed to do after I click on the facility in the neighborhood chain. Do I just fill the facility? Do I also cash out? Do I go anywhere else or do anything else? I do not understand. I just need a step by step instruction I guess.

Dallace
Apr 07 2016, 11:17 AM
I'm not rich either and live on disability social security. I also pay bills like everyone else and I still buy a farm cash item or 2 each month if I can. Now I'm not saying you should cause it's your decision. I really love this game and have been playing since it came out. I have put a lot of money in it and will continue to do so. :D Now as for the new neighborhood chains mine is working fine so far, (knock on wood) so it does work. It might have a few kinks for some of you, but they will get it worked out with time. :)

Dallace
Apr 07 2016, 11:23 AM
Just tell me simply what I'm supposed to do after I click on the facility in the neighborhood chain. Do I just fill the facility? Do I also cash out? Do I go anywhere else or do anything else? I do not understand. I just need a step by step instruction I guess.

You fill and load. store and cash out if any thing is ready.

LongsleeveSteve
Apr 07 2016, 12:59 PM

Ok, it is now working, since I only have facilities that I have bought with farm town coins, I can not use the facilities that are Farm Town cash because I don't own any of the ones listed. So, being as it is, I can only receive only x-points from two out of the four. I am doomed, handicapped and will not be able to make progress as a Neighborhood Chain There for fail in this part of the game.
Question now, How can I ask to have this part of the game removed. I don't like it when I have only half a chance to win.
For those people who buy Farm Town cash with their own money that is great for them. As for me and other like me we are doomed to succeed.
You make the rules,. This your game. I'm only here because I enjoy the game.:mad:

Taz D
Apr 07 2016, 01:03 PM
Ok, it is now working, since I only have facilities that I have bought with farm town coins, I can not use the facilities that are Farm Town cash because I don't own any of the ones listed. So, being as it is, I can only receive only x-points from two out of the four. I am doomed, handicapped and will not be able to make progress as a Neighborhood Chain There for fail in this part of the game.
Question now, How can I ask to have this part of the game removed. I don't like it when I have only half a chance to win.
For those people who buy Farm Town cash with their own money that is great for them. As for me and other like me we are doomed to succeed.
You make the rules,. This your game. I'm only here because I enjoy the game.:mad:
Hi Steve,
You can't remove it. Consider the fact that you are only part of the Neighborhood chain with your neighbors. You contribute what you can to the group. It is a total of the group that determines who wins for the week. So you can still have a chance to win.

BabsLeb
Apr 07 2016, 01:17 PM
I have the Nutritional Supplement Store, but when I click on it to work it says that I have no Nutritional Supply Store. It is on my Farm #5. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Taz D
Apr 07 2016, 01:25 PM
I have the Nutritional Supplement Store, but when I click on it to work it says that I have no Nutritional Supply Store. It is on my Farm #5. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Hi BabsLeb,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

Cornish Lil Princess
Apr 07 2016, 01:46 PM
I've got a dairy processing plant on my farm 6 and a Tile Outlet on my farm 13. That produced and is working ok for my neighbour-chain contest.

It says you can have more than 1 of the same facility/client cant you. So I brought another dairy processing plant and tile outlet both on my farm 1 now. And when I go to 'work' my facilities/clients, it doesn't show up on my farm 1. Is this because I was already produced it on my 6th and 13 farms?

Link for my farm 6: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1617541959&farm_ix=5

Link for my farm 13: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1617541959&farm_ix=12

Link for my farm 1: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1617541959&farm_ix=0

Taz D
Apr 07 2016, 01:52 PM
I've got a dairy processing plant on my farm 6 and a Tile Outlet on my farm 13. That produced and is working ok for my neighbour-chain contest.

It says you can have more than 1 of the same facility/client cant you. So I brought another dairy processing plant and tile outlet both on my farm 1 now. And when I go to 'work' my facilities/clients, it doesn't show up on my farm 1. Is this because I was already produced it on my 6th and 13 farms?

Link for my farm 6: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1617541959&farm_ix=5

Link for my farm 13: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1617541959&farm_ix=12

Link for my farm 1: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1617541959&farm_ix=0
Hi Cornish Lil Princess,
You can only add more of the coin facilities if you have more than 1 of the FC facilities. For example if you have 2 boat yards, then you can use 2 of the Tile Outlets.

Cornish Lil Princess
Apr 07 2016, 01:54 PM
Hi Cornish Lil Princess,
You can only add more of the coin facilities if you have more than 1 of the FC facilities. For example if you have 2 boat yards, then you can use 2 of the Tile Outlets.

Oh, ok got ya now :) thank you for your help :)

BabsLeb
Apr 07 2016, 03:27 PM
Thank you for responding so quickly. I tried what you said, and it didn't work. Am I supposed to do it from the farm which the facility is on? I am not real computer literate. lol

Link to farm #5 http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1643388123&farm_ix=4

Taz D
Apr 07 2016, 04:20 PM
Thank you for responding so quickly. I tried what you said, and it didn't work. Am I supposed to do it from the farm which the facility is on? I am not real computer literate. lol

Link to farm #5 http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1643388123&farm_ix=4
I did notice you don't have the Nutritional Supply factory to fill the Nutritional Suppliments store. So you may not have anything to fill it with.
You can load the items from the farm, facility manager or the NCC manager as all locations will count.

meirwen59@aol.com
Apr 07 2016, 05:09 PM
I really think the developers need to look back to see why they started this GAME and perhaps reassess where it is going as now it seems to have become a competition of who can afford the most facilities and the idea of it being a social interactive game which could be played as each individual farmer wanted , has been lost along the way , just my humble opinion
Thank you

ejmclean
Apr 07 2016, 05:32 PM
I would just like to know why all of my facilities are not registering. I have 8 of the dairy processing plants and only one of them is counting.

Taz D
Apr 07 2016, 05:47 PM
I would just like to know why all of my facilities are not registering. I have 8 of the dairy processing plants and only one of them is counting.
Hi ejmclean,
How many of the Nurtitional Supplement and Boat Yard do you have?
If you only have the coin facilities then only 1 of each can be used for the contest. If you have 1 of each of the farm cash facilities you can still only use 1 each of the coin facilities. If you have 2 of one of the farm cash facilities and 1 of the other one then you can use a total of 3 of the coin facilities.

ozarkheartedgirl
Apr 07 2016, 06:41 PM
I purchased the Boat Yard @ 30 FC this morning. I wanted to play this contest and help my neighbors as well as myself. I reloaded Farm Town several times and moved the facility several times because it says that I do NOT own a Boat yard. The link to work is not working either. I have played Farm Town since the beginning. (about 2008) I live on Social Security and am not able to purchase a lot of the FC facilities, but do try. I like that now we can earn FC with Quests. Thanks for this FT! (I can remember when we had no facilities) Any suggestions to help with linking my Boat Yard so I can work it? Thank you!

Tiger Laybourne
Apr 07 2016, 06:47 PM
I purchased the Boat Yard @ 30 FC this morning. I wanted to play this contest and help my neighbors as well as myself. I reloaded Farm Town several times and moved the facility several times because it says that I do NOT own a Boat yard. The link to work is not working either. I have played Farm Town since the beginning. (about 2008) I live on Social Security and am not able to purchase a lot of the FC facilities, but do try. I like that now we can earn FC with Quests. Thanks for this FT! (I can remember when we had no facilities) Any suggestions to help with linking my Boat Yard so I can work it? Thank you!

Hi ozarkheartedgirl,

This issue has been sent off for the developers to have a look at. Hopefully they will be able to find the problem and fix it quickly.

ozarkheartedgirl
Apr 07 2016, 07:06 PM
Thank you for your quick reply and for your help in forwarding to the developers. Happy Farming!

BabsLeb
Apr 07 2016, 07:18 PM
I did notice you don't have the Nutritional Supply factory to fill the Nutritional Suppliments store. So you may not have anything to fill it with.
You can load the items from the farm, facility manager or the NCC manager as all locations will count.

I am able to fill my facility. I did load a batch in it earlier to see if it would count, it did not count it. In my neighborhood chain list it shows that I only have 2 facilities. I have 3, one being the Nutritional Supplements Store, which when I click 'work' from the contest info page, it says I don't have one on any of my farms. Oh well. I will just do the best I can with what it will let me use.

Definitely not worth stressing over.

Thanks for trying to help me. :)

Taz D
Apr 07 2016, 07:24 PM
I am able to fill my facility. I did load a batch in it earlier to see if it would count, it did not count it. In my neighborhood chain list it shows that I only have 2 facilities. I have 3, one being the Nutritional Supplements Store, which when I click 'work' from the contest info page, it says I don't have one on any of my farms. Oh well. I will just do the best I can with what it will let me use.

Definitely not worth stressing over.

Thanks for trying to help me. :)
Hi BabsLeb,
We have email the developers with this problem. Please be patient while they look into it.

BabsLeb
Apr 07 2016, 08:38 PM
Thanks Taz D.
I appreciate your help.

LongsleeveSteve
Apr 07 2016, 08:41 PM
Hi Steve,
You can't remove it. Consider the fact that you are only part of the Neighborhood chain with your neighbors. You contribute what you can to the group. It is a total of the group that determines who wins for the week. So you can still have a chance to win.

Thanks for getting back with me. It's a fun game If there was an easier to earn Farm Town Cash. Anyway, I have figures out layered fishing is easy money (coins).:)

leighwj1960
Apr 07 2016, 08:46 PM

Thanks.

I'm having the same problem and I have already run memcache a couple of times with no luck

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154534362561111&set=a.10154534362371111.1073741827.673781110&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154534362536111&set=a.10154534362371111.1073741827.673781110&type=3&theater

Taz D
Apr 07 2016, 08:59 PM
I'm having the same problem and I have already run memcache a couple of times with no luck

Hi leighwj,
This problem has been reported to the developers. We just have to wait until they can check it and fix it.

FarmerCurly
Apr 07 2016, 11:01 PM
This could be fun.

AussieGecko
Apr 08 2016, 08:18 AM
This could be fun.

heh heh heh so far I think people are pulling their hair out while they try to wrap their brains around how to play this out. I don't often post my facs so I will simply click on it, run it, add what I can and forget about it. If it helps someone then great. I'm not about to stress about it. I still play the game the way I want to play it. I stopped buying FC facilities a long long time ago and used my FC for tools instead. I'm a happy camper and continue to cruise along at the same pace as always. :D

FarmerCurly
Apr 08 2016, 09:36 AM
heh heh heh so far I think people are pulling their hair out while they try to wrap their brains around how to play this out. I don't often post my facs so I will simply click on it, run it, add what I can and forget about it. If it helps someone then great. I'm not about to stress about it. I still play the game the way I want to play it. I stopped buying FC facilities a long long time ago and used my FC for tools instead. I'm a happy camper and continue to cruise along at the same pace as always. :D

Well said.

Myshel
Apr 08 2016, 09:54 AM
you have abandoned the contest for this week...
why am I getting this message....

Mare Contrare
Apr 08 2016, 10:18 AM
From reading the instructions concerning the neighborhood chains, it is my understanding that there should be two FC facilities and two coin facilities in the week's competition. The four that I have been given are composed of three FC items and only one coin. Is this correct?

Tiger Laybourne
Apr 08 2016, 10:25 AM
From reading the instructions concerning the neighborhood chains, it is my understanding that there should be two FC facilities and two coin facilities in the week's competition. The four that I have been given are composed of three FC items and only one coin. Is this correct?

Hi Mare Contrare,

Are you mistaking what is a service facility and what's a regular production facility? We have 3 service facilities in the contest and one production facility.

The Nutritional and Boat Yard are Farm Cash facilities.
The Dairy and the Tile outlet are coin facilities.

polapiper
Apr 08 2016, 10:44 AM
How do I add more facilities. My neighborhood chain is running the Dairy Processing Plant. I have three and all three are working, but the chain info only shows 1?

dorissau
Apr 08 2016, 10:49 AM
I seldom make serious gripes on this game (which is the only FB game I play regularly)... BUT this neighborhood thing clearly favors those farmers who have MULTIPLE FC FACS. I don't have many FC facs at all and obviously don't have MULTIPLES!! If you want to exclude many many of your very loyal and vigorous players, then this is certainly the way to do it. I am not going to be bothered to participate this prejudiced game and if that hurts some of my wealthy neighbors, then so be it. I live on a small budget and spending mega bucks here is not in my plan.

Tiger Laybourne
Apr 08 2016, 10:49 AM
How do I add more facilities. My neighborhood chain is running the Dairy Processing Plant. I have three and all three are working, but the chain info only shows 1?

Hi polapiper,

The rules for adding facilites are as follows >>

If you have none of the FC facilities for the contest then you can only use 1 of each of the coin facilities.
If you have 1 of each of the FC facilities then you can still only use 1 of each of the coin facilities.
If you have more than 1 of the FC facilities you can use those plus and equal number of coin facilities. For example if you have 3 of the 2 FC facilities then you can use 3 of the coin facilities. You can only use as many coin facilities as you have FC facilities.

dorissau
Apr 08 2016, 10:52 AM
Well said.

and the poor old lady says "AMEN" !!

Tiger Laybourne
Apr 08 2016, 10:54 AM
I seldom make serious gripes on this game (which is the only FB game I play regularly)... BUT this neighborhood thing clearly favors those farmers who have MULTIPLE FC FACS. I don't have many FC facs at all and obviously don't have MULTIPLES!! If you want to exclude many many of your very loyal and vigorous players, then this is certainly the way to do it. I am not going to be bothered to participate this prejudiced game and if that hurts some of my wealthy neighbors, then so be it. I live on a small budget and spending mega bucks here is not in my plan.

Hi dorissau,

You shouldn't give up just yet just because you think you don't have enough facilites.

The fact that you may have less advanced neighbours in lower levels or with less facilities doesn't diminish your neighborhood chances to do well in the contest because we group the competing neighborhoods based on their strength. In other words, less advanced neighborhoods will be competing with other less advanced neighborhoods. More advanced neighborhoods will be competing with other more advanced neighborhoods.

Zany Clover
Apr 08 2016, 11:10 AM
I have 2 Dairy Processing facilities: on farms 2 and 10, but only the one on farm 2 appears in the window for me to click, which makes me think I and my neighbors aren't getting credit for the other one tho it's operational.

silverfern47
Apr 08 2016, 11:11 AM
Why release this Neighbourhood quest when it is incomplete and no details of rewards....surely the whole thing should be complete first.....rather half-baked idea!!!

Dulcinea
Apr 08 2016, 11:16 AM
That's how they always do it.

Myshel
Apr 08 2016, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=Myshel;6056946]
I got this message on my new

why am I getting this message....did anyone else get this message... can you tell me why.... this is a bit hard to find... so can you reply in my facebook message... here is a link to my facebook.. feel free to ask for a friend request if you do coops...

https://www.facebook.com/michelle.tremblay.520

marymarcel
Apr 08 2016, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=Myshel;6056946]
I got this message on my new

why am I getting this message....did anyone else get this message... can you tell me why.... this is a bit hard to find... so can you reply in my facebook message... here is a link to my facebook.. feel free to ask for a friend request if you do coops...

https://www.facebook.com/michelle.tremblay.520

Hi Myshel:)

Who is sending you that message? Is it an ingame message?

Mare Contrare
Apr 08 2016, 08:03 PM
Hi Mare Contrare,

Are you mistaking what is a service facility and what's a regular production facility? We have 3 service facilities in the contest and one production facility.

The Nutritional and Boat Yard are Farm Cash facilities.
The Dairy and the Tile outlet are coin facilities.

Yes, that's how I was mistaking the number of FC facs. I always associate FC with service facs; thanks for the help.

Moose Mob
Apr 10 2016, 09:50 PM
I was on a 4 day road tip and saw I was part of this contest... not doing bad for minimal internet access since Wed night..

I noticed someone with 40 working facilities... how does one get 40 facilities to produce on 28 farms?

Answered my own question... 40 facilities is 20 in factory plus 20 in service... or other combination.

Without knowing what the prize is, one has to be cautious about how much FC to spend. The regular quests only give 1 coin for 8 days (if you have all the facilities), you can buy another in 8 to 12 months. Not a good track record for having generous payouts.

Cornish Lil Princess
Apr 11 2016, 07:32 AM
Suggestion for Neighbourhood-chain contest: Have our Facebook Profile Picture up in the Neighbourhood Ranks because most of us, like I do, have a name different to our own and it is hard to figure out who is who.

marymarcel
Apr 11 2016, 08:38 AM
Suggestion for Neighbourhood-chain contest: Have our Facebook Profile Picture up in the Neighbourhood Ranks because most of us, like I do, have a name different to our own and it is hard to figure out who is who.

Hi Cornish Lil Princess:)

In Neighborhood Rank it is showed your avatar picture and your avatar name. And below the screen you can see your neighborhood rank which make easier for you to know who you are. My avatar name is also different from my real name but I know that kelita's neighborhood is me:)

Anyway, if you want to make a suggestion, please post it in our Suggestion Section to let the developers read it.

You cant open a new thread there but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea.

marymarcel
Apr 11 2016, 08:44 AM
I was on a 4 day road tip and saw I was part of this contest... not doing bad for minimal internet access since Wed night..

I noticed someone with 40 working facilities... how does one get 40 facilities to produce on 28 farms?

Answered my own question... 40 facilities is 20 in factory plus 20 in service... or other combination.

Without knowing what the prize is, one has to be cautious about how much FC to spend. The regular quests only give 1 coin for 8 days (if you have all the facilities), you can buy another in 8 to 12 months. Not a good track record for having generous payouts.

Hi Moose Mob:)

I think you are saying they have 40 factories total.

The rule says that for every Farm Cash facility the contest requires, you can have the same amount of coin facilities in the contest.

So if they have 10 Yard boats and 10 Nutritional supplies factory, then they can enter 10 Dairy processing plant and 10 Tile outlet. This is other combination for that amount of factories in the contest.:)

Moose Mob
Apr 11 2016, 09:07 AM
Hi Moose Mob:)

I think you are saying they have 40 factories total.

The rule says that for every Farm Cash facility the contest requires, you can have the same amount of coin facilities in the contest.

So if they have 10 Yard boats and 10 Nutritional supplies factory, then they can enter 10 Dairy processing plant and 10 Tile outlet. This is other combination for that amount of factories in the contest.:)

Makes sense... I can work with that.

Any idea what the prize is? Since I was effectively away for half the game, I am not going to make any significant investment into an unknown return for effort. I play this game as stress relief... doesn't make sense to stress out over things.

marymarcel
Apr 11 2016, 09:10 AM
Makes sense... I can work with that guess until something official comes out.

Any idea what the prize is? Since I was effectively away for half the game, I am not going to make any significant investment into an unknown return for effort. I play this game as stress relief... doesn't make sense to stress out over things.

No idea up now, we are all waiting for any news from Raul. Please check the New Release thread as he updates it with any news or problems.:)

Cornish Lil Princess
Apr 11 2016, 01:40 PM
Hi Cornish Lil Princess:)

In Neighborhood Rank it is showed your avatar picture and your avatar name. And below the screen you can see your neighborhood rank which make easier for you to know who you are. My avatar name is also different from my real name but I know that kelita's neighborhood is me:)

Anyway, if you want to make a suggestion, please post it in our Suggestion Section to let the developers read it.

You cant open a new thread there but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea.

Is the people in the Neighbourhood Rank your own neighbours or your neighbours neighbours. I see mine i'm 1st place. :D. At the moment I like doing the neighbourhood-chain contest and can't wait to see what the rewards will be. What I'm doing at the moment is filling up my facilities or clients that I have, posting them then my friends/neighbours will work them then i refill them. :D I hope that is the correct way it's meant to work and i've been doing my friends/neighbours too.

marymarcel
Apr 11 2016, 02:56 PM
Is the people in the Neighbourhood Rank your own neighbours or your neighbours neighbours. I see mine i'm 1st place. :D. At the moment I like doing the neighbourhood-chain contest and can't wait to see what the rewards will be. What I'm doing at the moment is filling up my facilities or clients that I have, posting them then my friends/neighbours will work them then i refill them. :D I hope that is the correct way it's meant to work and i've been doing my friends/neighbours too.

Your neighborhood is just the collection of all your neighbours. In Neighborhood Ranks you see 10 neighborhoods, among them it is your own Neighborhood. Your neighborhood is competing with the other 9 ones for the first place :)

westilldance
Apr 12 2016, 02:19 PM
How about some better "How To" instructions. I keep seeing "Add More Facilities", but there isn't any way to do so! Some of my friends have 2 and 3 of the same facility, but I can only do one. What's the trick?

Tiger Laybourne
Apr 12 2016, 02:24 PM
How about some better "How To" instructions. I keep seeing "Add More Facilities", but there isn't any way to do so! Some of my friends have 2 and 3 of the same facility, but I can only do one. What's the trick?

Hi westilldance,

The Game guide is being written for this but can't be posted yet as changes keep being made to parts of it. The latest ones were only today.

To answer your question, the “Add more facilities” button ONLY tells you the rules for adding more facilities to the contest. The rules are as follows >>

If you have none of the FC facilities for the contest then you can only use 1 of each of the coin facilities.
If you have 1 of each of the FC facilities, then you can still only use 1 of each of the coin facilities.
If you have more than 1 of the FC facilities, you can use those plus an equal number of coin facilities. For example, if you have 3 of the 2 FC facilities then you can use 3 of the coin facilities. You can only use as many coin facilities as you have FC facilities.

The game will automatically add the facilities that qualify for the contest to the game, you can see them by clicking on the “Work” button ion the “Contest Info” tab.

Aussie Rae
Apr 12 2016, 09:22 PM
what is going on? just went to check my Chain and got a message pop up on screen that said " You can enter the Neighborhood Chains Contest from Thursday 12AM EST to Monday 12AM EST only. Please try again during these days. Took a snip shot, then when I went back to get the correct wording to post in here, its all back to normal.. glitchy ft, LOL ALLS WELL AGAIN, :)

_TRIXIE_
Apr 13 2016, 09:20 AM
I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet but just wondering what the winners of the contest get? I might be willing to spend the farm cash if I know the reward in the end :)

marymarcel
Apr 13 2016, 09:24 AM
I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet but just wondering what the winners of the contest get? I might be willing to spend the farm cash if I know the reward in the end :)

Hi TRIXIE:)

The only information we have is they are still deciding about the rewards. Please try to check the New Release thread as Raul will post there any new information. Thanks!

_TRIXIE_
Apr 13 2016, 10:18 AM
Hi TRIXIE:)

The only information we have is they are still deciding about the rewards. Please try to check the New Release thread as Raul will post there any new information. Thanks!
ok I hope they consider some neighbors who are included in the chain don't actively participate. Maybe go by the % that want to be a part and put effort in instead of doing the same ones. Or give a smaller reward to those who are on the top in their neighborhood if their neighborhood doesn't win 1st place.

ButchBowWow
Apr 13 2016, 02:34 PM
I am in the process of overhauling my farms so I did not want to fill my tile outlet as I almost had it cleared out so I could move it to another farm. When it was empty I moved it but by doing that it removed me from the neighborhood chain.

Is this going to be a permanent part of the neighborhood chain? If we want to move any facility involved in the chain to a different farm we will be removed from the chain?

marymarcel
Apr 13 2016, 02:41 PM
I am in the process of overhauling my farms so I did not want to fill my tile outlet as I almost had it cleared out so I could move it to another farm. When it was empty I moved it but by doing that it removed me from the neighborhood chain.

Is this going to be a permanent part of the neighborhood chain? If we want to move any facility involved in the chain to a different farm we will be removed from the chain?

Hi ButchBowWow:)

Only the developers know if they are going to change something in the contest.

Up now the only information we have is if you try to delete, sell or store any of the facilities involved in that week contest, you wil be removed from the contest.

Dulcinea
Apr 13 2016, 03:44 PM
Hi ButchBowWow:)

Only the developers know if they are going to change something in the contest.

Up now the only information we have is if you try to delete, sell or store any of the facilities involved in that week contest, you wil be removed from the contest.

So, are you saying that deleting, selling, or storing one of the selected facilities will effectively opt you out of that week's contest?

marymarcel
Apr 13 2016, 03:54 PM
So, are you saying that deleting, selling, or storing one of the selected facilities will effectively opt you out of that week's contest?

Yes Dulcinea, if you try to sell, store or delete any of the 4 facilities for the contest, then you will get a warning message, if you proceed, for example, the facilities will be added to the storage but you will be terminated from the contest, in order to remain in the contest, the facilities that are part of a Neighborhood Chain must remain on the farm during the whole week of the contest.

Sookie284
Apr 13 2016, 04:57 PM
I have 4 facilities listed. My team members that have 4 facilities have like 130,000 pts or more. I have like 44,000 & i work mine daily. One team member has 1 facility & has over 100,000 pts. There seems to be a problem here & i would appreciate if the problem be fixed.
Also. i had to send a note because of a milk shortage although i have 8 super barns & many holstein cows plus reg cow barns on all other farms. Then yesterday i find out i am out of cinnamon. All these years i have never been short on any item.
I work neighbor facilities daily, i have trains w/ most cars attached.It seems that i should have an abundance of supplies but instead they keep getting less & less. I feel like there must be a little bug in my account and would appreciate it if some of you smart guys spray & kill him. BTW...the train car for animal supplies is useless. We only get 160 milks which is 8 gifts. No i did not look at the amt b4 i bought so that's my bad. Thanks for the help in getting rid of the little critter that's causing my problems.

Tiger Laybourne
Apr 13 2016, 06:10 PM
I have 4 facilities listed. My team members that have 4 facilities have like 130,000 pts or more. I have like 44,000 & i work mine daily. One team member has 1 facility & has over 100,000 pts. There seems to be a problem here & i would appreciate if the problem be fixed.
Also. i had to send a note because of a milk shortage although i have 8 super barns & many holstein cows plus reg cow barns on all other farms. Then yesterday i find out i am out of cinnamon. All these years i have never been short on any item.
I work neighbor facilities daily, i have trains w/ most cars attached.It seems that i should have an abundance of supplies but instead they keep getting less & less. I feel like there must be a little bug in my account and would appreciate it if some of you smart guys spray & kill him. BTW...the train car for animal supplies is useless. We only get 160 milks which is 8 gifts. No i did not look at the amt b4 i bought so that's my bad. Thanks for the help in getting rid of the little critter that's causing my problems.

Hi Sookie,

I'm not seeing a problem here as yet, but you will have to check a few things for yourself.

Regarding the contest. Just because you have the same amount of facilities as someone else does not mean you will have the same points. Your friend could be posting their facs and refilling their contest facs far more often than you are doing which is why they are getting more points. Remember when a friend works your facs you can try to refill your contest facs (assuming you have enough products and ingredients) in time for the next group of friends to work them.

Regarding your milk and cinnamon issue. You will need to check for yourself what your facilites demand, ingredients wise, compared to what you are harvesting and how often. If you are posting more often than usual, or refilling your facs more often, you will be using way more ingredients than you used to.

Check your ingredient planner in the facility manager, it will tell you , according to your choices, what your facilities require to fill them. Then you need to work out if you are harvesting enough of the ones you are short of to meet that demand. If not you will need more cows and cinnamon trees.

Farmer_Susan
Apr 14 2016, 07:48 AM
Our group came in 5th or 6th - I forgot which. I LIKE it that we won SOMETHING! I had assumed only the first place would win and that was sort of a bummer, so this is much better and will keep the fun going, I think.

Suggestion: Can we have a "Start All" button for the Neighborhood Chains? It could go on the Neighborhood Chains page over where it currently says, "Contributors to my Neighborhood Chains". If there's not enough room, that text could be shortened to just "Contributors". It's a bit of a pain to have to open each window and click to open each factory and then click again to load the items in the facility. Start All would save lots of time.

Walkies
Apr 14 2016, 08:19 AM
I knew we weren't winning first prize so I got a very pleasant surprise when I discovered there were consolation prizes! :)

ylwrosetx
Apr 14 2016, 09:30 AM
Re: Neighborhood COOP, I would love to know how to add facilities to mine, when you click on the add facilities, it just gives you info on the game. I have 4 but some neighbors have 8 and 12. Any tips on this??

marymarcel
Apr 14 2016, 09:35 AM
Re: Neighborhood COOP, I would love to know how to add facilities to mine, when you click on the add facilities, it just gives you info on the game. I have 4 but some neighbors have 8 and 12. Any tips on this??

Hi ylwrosetx:)

When you click in Add facilities button, you get the rules about how many facilities you can have in the contest.

These are the rules

a) Of the 2 Coin facilities selected each week, you can have at least one of each participating in the contest, even if you don't have any FarmCash facilities participating in the contest.

b) Of the 2 FarmCash facilities selected each week, you can have as many as you own participating in the contest.

c) You can have as many Coins facilities participating in the contest as you have FarmCash facilities participating in the contest.

d) For any facility to be part of a Neighborhood Chain it has to be located on a farm.

After reading them, then if you want to add facilities you have to go to the store, under Facilities tab, purchase the ones you want and then place them on your farms.

FarmerMcLashwood
Apr 14 2016, 10:21 AM
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this.
If you don't own the carriage of the train. in this case the long sliding car... do you still get the rewards?

Tiger Laybourne
Apr 14 2016, 10:31 AM
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this.
If you don't own the carriage of the train. in this case the long sliding car... do you still get the rewards?

Hi FarmerMcLashwood,

Yes you still get the rewards.

francescarw
Apr 14 2016, 04:24 PM
hi, how on earth does this competition work? i thought that there were 10 neighbourhoods, each consisting of 4 teams, competing against each other. the neighbourhood with the highest accumulated score was the winner. my 'team' came first. i received 2 farm cash and 3 boosts to a train i don't possess but the rest of the team did not receive the same. surely the whole point of having a team is that you work as one. many of the team produced more points than i did.. i also find that i am on more than one team at a time..none of it makes any sense to me, it is so unclear,,,,please, please, please enlighten me...i feel guilty about urging my team to get as many points as possible as we were in the lead,,,and they all worked really hard and i think we led by over a million points, only to find that they weren't rewarded, can't think what else to say, i am dumbfounded x

francescarw
Apr 14 2016, 05:50 PM
hi, again, i have just spoken to a member of my 'winning' team who said another neighbour on whose team she was on also won,,,,the same prize ,,,so now there are two team winners that i know of and someone who was on both winning teams who didn't win,,,,i would have loved to be a fly on the wall when whoever dreamed up this game was explaining it to the powers that be,,,,i'm now going back to the insane asylum for a bit of peace x

Tiger Laybourne
Apr 14 2016, 06:13 PM
hi, how on earth does this competition work? i thought that there were 10 neighbourhoods, each consisting of 4 teams, competing against each other. the neighbourhood with the highest accumulated score was the winner. my 'team' came first. i received 2 farm cash and 3 boosts to a train i don't possess but the rest of the team did not receive the same. surely the whole point of having a team is that you work as one. many of the team produced more points than i did.. i also find that i am on more than one team at a time..none of it makes any sense to me, it is so unclear,,,,please, please, please enlighten me...i feel guilty about urging my team to get as many points as possible as we were in the lead,,,and they all worked really hard and i think we led by over a million points, only to find that they weren't rewarded, can't think what else to say, i am dumbfounded x

hi, again, i have just spoken to a member of my 'winning' team who said another neighbour on whose team she was on also won,,,,the same prize ,,,so now there are two team winners that i know of and someone who was on both winning teams who didn't win,,,,i would have loved to be a fly on the wall when whoever dreamed up this game was explaining it to the powers that be,,,,i'm now going back to the insane asylum for a bit of peace x

Hi francescarw,

Your neighbourhood consists of your facs and that of your neighbours. That is one neighbourhood. Your neighbour or any friend or stranger will have their own neighbourhood consisting of their facs and their neighbours. That is another neighbourhood.
Yes neighbours participating adds to your neighbourhood points and also to their own neighbourhood.

Your neighbourhood came 1st amongst the neighbourhoods you were competing against so you get the prize not everyone in your neighbourhood. Their own neighbourhood needs to win against who they are competing with, which will likely not be the same as who you were competing with, in order for them to get a top winning prize.

Dallace
Apr 14 2016, 06:25 PM
Hi francescarw,

Your neighbourhood consists of your facs and that of your neighbours. That is one neighbourhood. Your neighbour or any friend or stranger will have their own neighbourhood consisting of their facs and their neighbours. That is another neighbourhood.
Yes neighbours participating adds to your neighbourhood points and also to their own neighbourhood.

Your neighbourhood came 1st amongst the neighbourhoods you were competing against so you get the prize not everyone in your neighbourhood. Their own neighbourhood needs to win against who they are competing with, which will likely not be the same as who you were competing with, in order for them to get a top winning prize.

Wow my head is spinning from that. So glad I didn't have to type it, I confused myself just reading it. haha

francescarw
Apr 15 2016, 06:03 AM
thanks, tiger, that explains why there is more than one winner,,,although it still seems that the team leader receives the winning prize rather than the whole team, even though alot of them may be playing in another neighbourhood and winning/losing there

vonalm
Apr 15 2016, 06:41 PM
why is it that people complain before getting to know this game?
it's very easy, and you get something for doing the same thing you have been doing since facilities were added to this game: you start and load facilities ;)
can it get any easier than that?? :cool:

max_river
Apr 15 2016, 10:56 PM
why is it that people complain before getting to know this game?
it's very easy, and you get something for doing the same thing you have been doing since facilities were added to this game: you start and load facilities ;)
can it get any easier than that?? :cool:

well said i guess it is the nature of the beast

Aussie Rae
Apr 16 2016, 02:21 AM
:)loving the Neighborhood Chain Contest, thanks slashkey for adding more interest to the game, now I just need to find time to actually farm, hehehe..:)

Farmer_Susan
Apr 16 2016, 07:48 AM
Oh man. The contest is just release again and my group is #9. This is discouraging to work as hard as you can and still not really be able to impact how things go. I even bought an extra FC building this week and have been posting twice a day. I don't have a solution in mind but this is the first thing FT has ever had that has the potential to make you feel bad instead of good. I DO seem to be in a different group this week so that gives me hope that maybe SOME day my group will be closer to the top. Still sort of a bummer.

Dulcinea
Apr 16 2016, 08:09 AM
Oh man. The contest is just release again and my group is #9. This is discouraging to work as hard as you can and still not really be able to impact how things go. I even bought an extra FC building this week and have been posting twice a day. I don't have a solution in mind but this is the first thing FT has ever had that has the potential to make you feel bad instead of good. I DO seem to be in a different group this week so that gives me hope that maybe SOME day my group will be closer to the top. Still sort of a bummer.

I figure the first week was slow because the game was new. As more people catch on and start participating, it may become more competitive. But you get a prize even for tenth place, so it's worth playing even if you don't win.

Farmer_Susan
Apr 16 2016, 09:37 PM
I figure the first week was slow because the game was new. As more people catch on and start participating, it may become more competitive. But you get a prize even for tenth place, so it's worth playing even if you don't win.

That's good to know. I also hope things rotate so we're not always competing against the same groups. I can handle coming in last from time to time if I also come in first occasionally.

Aussie Rae
Apr 17 2016, 12:12 AM

don't be so discouraged... that is what you are now but there is still time for your group to improve the tally, keep refilling the facilities, tell all in your group to do the same as its those points from filling facilities that really count..

Chattin
Apr 17 2016, 12:23 AM
Some things I've noticed since the 2nd week's game began...

The Neighborhood Chains game shows that I have a Janitorial facility on Farm 1, but when I go to the Facility Manager to load it, there is no facility on Farm 1.. basically I am losing the opportunity to use a facility in this game.

I loaded my facs from the Neighborhood Chains screens, but when I went to the facilities manager to check, all of the facs for Janitorial Supplies and Crafting Supplies were empty. I had to reload them manually there.

It's hard to justify spending time on a game that is essentially broken.

Taz D
Apr 17 2016, 12:38 AM
Some things I've noticed since the 2nd week's game began...

The Neighborhood Chains game shows that I have a Janitorial facility on Farm 1, but when I go to the Facility Manager to load it, there is no facility on Farm 1.. basically I am losing the opportunity to use a facility in this game.

I loaded my facs from the Neighborhood Chains screens, but when I went to the facilities manager to check, all of the facs for Janitorial Supplies and Crafting Supplies were empty. I had to reload them manually there.

It's hard to justify spending time on a game that is essentially broken.
Hi Chattin,
The Janitorial facility is the Janatorial Services is a service facility and I do not see any of them in your data on any farms. If you hover your mouyse on the picture it tells you what the name is and what type of facility it is. For the Crafting Supplies were you looking at the factory or the store? Should be the factories for that one.

nancybl
Apr 21 2016, 11:34 AM
I must be missin somethin on this new neighborhood game...I fill my facilities daily, post daily. Since this started, I am now fillin them 3-4 times a day, and have been workin myself till frazzled for hours, workin the people in my group's facilities to help earn the points, yet, my individual points are less than others with the same amount of facilities as mine....it totally confuses me. When they just put out the last info about the 4-8 release, it mentioned that workin your neighbors facs will help with the points, so this is why I have been doin it, but wow, it doesn't seem to help. What am I missin here to increase my individual points as well as the group?

Taz D
Apr 21 2016, 11:36 AM
I must be missin somethin on this new neighborhood game...I fill my facilities daily, post daily. Since this started, I am now fillin them 3-4 times a day, and have been workin myself till frazzled for hours, workin the people in my group's facilities to help earn the points, yet, my individual points are less than others with the same amount of facilities as mine....it totally confuses me. When they just put out the last info about the 4-8 release, it mentioned that workin your neighbors facs will help with the points, so this is why I have been doin it, but wow, it doesn't seem to help. What am I missin here to increase my individual points as well as the group?
Hi nancybl,
Working your neighbors posts only helps by allowing them to refill more often too. All points in the contest come from reloading the facilities, so you working their facilities allows them to refill more.

Muffie1943
Apr 21 2016, 11:44 AM
I have more than one Pizza Facility - which is in this week's Chain Quest - and ONLY one is shown to be worked in the Chain. I see other farmers with more than one Pizza facility allowed to work all of their Pizza facilities, yet I can't figure out how to add my other Pizza facilities. Can you help with this? I can't seem to ADD MORE FACILITIES. :(

Taz D
Apr 21 2016, 11:53 AM
I have more than one Pizza Facility - which is in this week's Chain Quest - and ONLY one is shown to be worked in the Chain. I see other farmers with more than one Pizza facility allowed to work all of their Pizza facilities, yet I can't figure out how to add my other Pizza facilities. Can you help with this? I can't seem to ADD MORE FACILITIES. :(
Hi Muffie,
How many of the Board Games and Summer Gear Factory do you have. If you only have 1 or less of those then you can only use 1 of the pizza places. You can only have an equal amount of coin facilities to how many farm cash facilities you have. If you don't have any of the farm cash ones then you can have 1 of each of the coin ones. Any facilities that count for the contest are automatically added according to the rules I stated. There isn't any way to add more manually.

Sean905
Apr 21 2016, 12:02 PM
Hi
I came in third in the last contest and was awarded 100% of the fruits train car.

I checked and didn't receive anything. Is this because you have to OWN train cars to get the reward? If so, no more contests for me.

I hope I have posted this in the right place. First time in the forum for me.

Taz D
Apr 21 2016, 12:11 PM
Hi
I came in third in the last contest and was awarded 100% of the fruits train car.

I checked and didn't receive anything. Is this because you have to OWN train cars to get the reward? If so, no more contests for me.

I hope I have posted this in the right place. First time in the forum for me.
Hi Sean,
No you do not have to own the cars to get the reward. The amounts you get from the fruit car are not large amounts:
784 x Coconuts
1045 x Peaches
1568 x Walnuts
1306 x Oranges
1306 x Apples
1306 x Lemons
1568 x Olives
784 x Mangoes
784 x Cherries
1045 x Bananas

Did you click on the button to collect your reward? It isn't automatically added.

In the future the best place to post your questions is in the Help & Support section rather than the General Feedback.

Muffie1943
Apr 23 2016, 09:52 AM
Hi Muffie,
How many of the Board Games and Summer Gear Factory do you have. If you only have 1 or less of those then you can only use 1 of the pizza places. You can only have an equal amount of coin facilities to how many farm cash facilities you have. If you don't have any of the farm cash ones then you can have 1 of each of the coin ones. Any facilities that count for the contest are automatically added according to the rules I stated. There isn't any way to add more manually.
Wow. I can't afford lots of Farm Cash facilities so I suppose the Chain Quest thing is just for people who can afford Farm Cash facilities. So sad, too bad. And we're the ones who can't afford a lot of real cash for Farm Cash purchases - guess this Chain Quest is just for the "rich and famous" who can afford it. Well, you priced me out of this. I'm not a happy camper. :(

Taz D
Apr 23 2016, 11:16 AM
Wow. I can't afford lots of Farm Cash facilities so I suppose the Chain Quest thing is just for people who can afford Farm Cash facilities. So sad, too bad. And we're the ones who can't afford a lot of real cash for Farm Cash purchases - guess this Chain Quest is just for the "rich and famous" who can afford it. Well, you priced me out of this. I'm not a happy camper. :(
Hi Muffie,
Remember that it is a chain of your neighbors. Even if you cannot buy the farm cash facilities your neighbors may have them and that will boost your score. You have just as much chance of winning the top prizes as any other person.

Aussie Rae
Apr 24 2016, 10:10 PM
due to the fact that not all players understand they need to fill and keep refilling their facilities.. and they can have at least two facilities active, the coin ones, I have given up hope of some of them ever helping out in my neighborhood..and its usually these people who complain about not winning anything... if you are not at least trying to help your neighborhood.. then don't complain.. just my grizzle for today. ps, watched the 1st episode of season 6, Game of Thrones and feeling cheated that it only went for an hour, LOL.. :)

Walkies
Apr 25 2016, 12:46 PM
Yet again the two coin facilities are ones I don't have. I am a bit disappointed but that's all. No-one is forcing me to buy anything with real money. It is after all a game, one that I enjoy hugely. I have won two lots of prizes so far in this neighbourhood chains contest so I am not grumbling!

Aussie Rae
Apr 25 2016, 09:53 PM
Yet again the two coin facilities are ones I don't have. I am a bit disappointed but that's all. No-one is forcing me to buy anything with real money. It is after all a game, one that I enjoy hugely. I have won two lots of prizes so far in this neighbourhood chains contest so I am not grumbling!
Buying the coin facilities pays off as you get more than you pay in goods produced in them..

karela
Apr 27 2016, 02:35 PM
this is a ridiculous contest game, i am worn out, all my crops are empty and i am a big time player with 6 months supply of crops, with the amount of posting and refilling i have to do to keep up i have no crops left in storage, please delete this contest game it is stupid

Dallace
Apr 27 2016, 03:01 PM
:rolleyes:

Taz D
Apr 27 2016, 04:33 PM
this is a ridiculous contest game, i am worn out, all my crops are empty and i am a big time player with 6 months supply of crops, with the amount of posting and refilling i have to do to keep up i have no crops left in storage, please delete this contest game it is stupid
Hi Karela,
Nothing says you have to participate in this contest. If you want to get out of the contest, then all you have to do is to move one of the facilities from the contest to your storage and then put it back on the farm. That will drop you out of the contest.

LongsleeveSteve
Apr 28 2016, 12:30 AM
I have used FT cash to buy my things needed, earned by playing this game. With the exception of one plow 5 X 5 which was a gift, I have never bought FT cash.
This Neighborhood Chain Contest is unfair to me. So, I will just ignore this part of the game.
Please work on a way for people like me to earn FT cash quicker so I can catch up with others. Oh wait, I'm maxed out at 725 XP.

Franny2
Apr 28 2016, 12:34 AM
How do we refill multiple times the train in this week's neighborhood contest? I dispatched the train and boosted it. However, it can't be unloaded for 6 days (after the boost).

Taz D
Apr 28 2016, 12:42 AM
How do we refill multiple times the train in this week's neighborhood contest? I dispatched the train and boosted it. However, it can't be unloaded for 6 days (after the boost).
Hi Franny,
I am not sure. My standard freight train didn't have any cars on it, so I won't be getting any points from it. The only good thing is we are all in the same situation.

farm collie
Apr 28 2016, 01:46 AM
While the Standard Locomotive is a farm coin purchase, it will not function unless you by a Farm Cash freight car to hook up to it. Therefore, this weeks neighborhood Chain is actually three farm cash items and only one farm coin item.

This is not exactly conducive to getting people to buy in to this new feature.

I do occasionally spend real money on this game and have some facilities that were bought with farm cash, but I am much more likely to spend the money on tools that make farming more efficient. So many farms and facilities now that it can take me a couple of days to get them all done.

I am going to sell the standard locomotive I just bought, since it is worthless to me without spending farm cash. I'll just sit out for this week's neighborhood contest.

Taz D
Apr 28 2016, 01:50 AM
While the Standard Locomotive is a farm coin purchase, it will not function unless you by a Farm Cash freight car to hook up to it. Therefore, this weeks neighborhood Chain is actually three farm cash items and only one farm coin item.

This is not exactly conducive to getting people to buy in to this new feature.

I do occasionally spend real money on this game and have some facilities that were bought with farm cash, but I am much more likely to spend the money on tools that make farming more efficient. So many farms and facilities now that it can take me a couple of days to get them all done.

I am going to sell the standard locomotive I just bought, since it is worthless to me without spending farm cash. I'll just sit out for this week's neighborhood contest.
Hi farm collie,
We are all dealing with the same situation. I have sent an email to the developers to find out about this, so just be patient until we can get an answer back from them.

silverfern47
Apr 28 2016, 06:41 AM
I opened my neighbourhood chain earlier today(thursday) and one of items was standard freight loco.......just opened it again and loco has been replaced by sandwich restaurant....What is going on with this game, beyond a joke!!!

marymarcel
Apr 28 2016, 07:52 AM
Hi all:)

From Raul's notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - April 28th, 2:15AM

- The next Neighborhood Chains Contest incorrectly selected a locomotive as one of the facilities, this was a bug and should not be happening anymore.

The locomotive was replaced by the Sandwich Restaurant.

To fix the problem for the users that already got the locomotive, reload the game and re-open the Neighborhood Chains Contest screen, then click on the Sandwich Restaurant 'Work' button. You may have to repeat these steps a couple of times, please report here if it doesn't get fixed.

farm collie
Apr 28 2016, 08:49 AM
Thanks Taz. I'll check and see if they let me back into the contest; I already sold the locomotive. Took quite the loss. I guess used locomotives don't have much of a KBB value ;)

farm collie
Apr 28 2016, 08:51 AM
Just checked. I'm still out of the contest until next week.

freday57
Apr 28 2016, 09:02 AM
seems that this week you might as well have 3 cash ficilities/ the train is useless unless you buy a long car

Tiger Laybourne
Apr 28 2016, 09:36 AM
Thanks Taz. I'll check and see if they let me back into the contest; I already sold the locomotive. Took quite the loss. I guess used locomotives don't have much of a KBB value ;)

Just checked. I'm still out of the contest until next week.

Hi farm collie,

Selling/deleting/storing/moving to another farm a contest facility will get you removed from the contest.

As you sold the train showing as part of the contest, at the time, this got you removed form the contest. The train showing was an error that got fixed and replaced by the sandwich restaurant.

The following was posted about it in the New Release notes, please try that and see if it lets you take part ..

To fix the problem for the users that already got the locomotive, reload the game and re-open the Neighborhood Chains Contest screen, then click on the Sandwich Restaurant 'Work' button. You may have to repeat these steps a couple of times, please report here if it doesn't get fixed.

Tiger Laybourne
Apr 28 2016, 09:38 AM
seems that this week you might as well have 3 cash ficilities/ the train is useless unless you buy a long car

Hi freday57,

The following was posted in the New Release notes about the train showing in the contest >>

Post-Release Updates - April 28th, 2:15AM

- The next Neighborhood Chains Contest incorrectly selected a locomotive as one of the facilities, this was a bug and should not be happening anymore.

The locomotive was replaced by the Sandwich Restaurant.

Lilfoot327
Apr 28 2016, 11:40 AM
]I did not get my bonus why is that?

I did not get my bonus. Got my Farm Cash but nothing else. Why is that?

Taz D
Apr 28 2016, 11:49 AM
]I did not get my bonus why is that?

I did not get my bonus. Got my Farm Cash but nothing else. Why is that?
Hi Lilfoot,
What bonus are you referring too?

Dutch85
Apr 28 2016, 11:49 AM
When you win an extra percentage from one of the train cars, is that a one time thing or will it remain that way from then on?

Taz D
Apr 28 2016, 12:00 PM
When you win an extra percentage from one of the train cars, is that a one time thing or will it remain that way from then on?
Hi Dutch,
It is a one time thing. That is your prize for your ranking in the contest that week.

Dutch85
Apr 28 2016, 12:08 PM
Hi Dutch,
It is a one time thing. That is your prize for your ranking in the contest that week.

Thanks Taz for getting back to me so quickly. It's a great prize and I also got 1 FC so I'm a happy camper! :D

farm collie
Apr 28 2016, 12:37 PM
I tried reloading the game a few times, but still not in the contest. It's okay. I sold the engine and that is what removed me from the contest. I'll play next week.

karela
Apr 28 2016, 02:59 PM
I opened my neighbourhood chain earlier today(thursday) and one of items was standard freight loco.......just opened it again and loco has been replaced by sandwich restaurant....What is going on with this game, beyond a joke!!!

beyond a joke!! is correct this is the silliest thing ft has done, well no the ft mini games are, :confused:

Lilfoot327
Apr 29 2016, 12:28 AM
Hi Lilfoot,
What bonus are you referring too?

Neighbor Chain contest.
I got the Farm cash but nothing else

Taz D
Apr 29 2016, 12:41 AM
Neighbor Chain contest.
I got the Farm cash but nothing else
Hi Lilfoot,
The products you get from are what the chosen train car would carry. Those items would go directly into your storage, so you would not be able to tell if you got them unless you checked your storage for those items before you claimed the reward and then checked again afterwards. It does not show the items floating up or in the gift box.

RozeeS
May 04 2016, 01:05 PM
This whole neighbourhood chain idea is a joke!

I was advised if I didn't want to participate not to click on the dice. So I haven't.

But what people probably do not realise that even though you do not click on the dice and are not participating yourself, you are probably helping other neighbours because you are in their list. So when you fill your facilities you are helping them without knowing.

I don't wish to sound mean about this but if I don't want to take part in this contest why should I appear in my neighbours list and help them?

You can only win if you have tons of resources, and have a army of people prepared to work you facilities while "you" constantly fill them.

I am seriously thinking of giving up this game because it is going in a direction I don't like. This is no longer a game where one can play with the people they want too. We are being sucked into Chain Contests were we have no control over it!

It's no longer about what "you" do in the game but about how much help you receive and lets face it there are many people who put out facility work and want you to work it but never work their neighbours facilities. Most of the time it is one way traffic!

I for one don't like it!

Tiger Laybourne
May 04 2016, 01:24 PM
This whole neighbourhood chain idea is a joke!

I was advised if I didn't want to participate not to click on the dice. So I haven't.

But what people probably do not realise that even though you do not click on the dice and are not participating yourself, you are probably helping other neighbours because you are in their list. So when you fill your facilities you are helping them without knowing.

I don't wish to sound mean about this but if I don't want to take part in this contest why should I appear in my neighbours list and help them?

You can only win if you have tons of resources, and have a army of people prepared to work you facilities while "you" constantly fill them.

I am seriously thinking of giving up this game because it is going in a direction I don't like. This is no longer a game where one can play with the people they want too. We are being sucked into Chain Contests were we have no control over it!

It's no longer about what "you" do in the game but about how much help you receive and lets face it there are many people who put out facility work and want you to work it but never work their neighbours facilities. Most of the time it is one way traffic!

I for one don't like it!

Hi RozeeS<

I moved your post to feedback for the contest as you are not asking for help with it.

If you'd like to make a suggestions for this please do so in the Suggestions area of the forum, Here's the link to that area >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

nancybl
May 07 2016, 08:15 PM
One of the biggest problems I am havin with this new neighborhood quest is in order to try to move up you must stock your facilities multiple times daily. This said, as the production on some items is very slow, or long period of time, however you want to phrase it, but one example, my oil refineries can't be loaded to capacity because the oil pumps produce so slowly and so few barrels at a time! I go to numerous groups and click links for crude and petro barrels daily, I have an oil pump on all 26 of my farms and with all that, they are gettin less and less daily because of the neighborhood quest needin us to refill and post numerous times a day. That is only one example, there are many others, so if this can work correctly and people keep workin it then you need to increase production of products.

Tiger Laybourne
May 08 2016, 10:16 AM
One of the biggest problems I am havin with this new neighborhood quest is in order to try to move up you must stock your facilities multiple times daily. This said, as the production on some items is very slow, or long period of time, however you want to phrase it, but one example, my oil refineries can't be loaded to capacity because the oil pumps produce so slowly and so few barrels at a time! I go to numerous groups and click links for crude and petro barrels daily, I have an oil pump on all 26 of my farms and with all that, they are gettin less and less daily because of the neighborhood quest needin us to refill and post numerous times a day. That is only one example, there are many others, so if this can work correctly and people keep workin it then you need to increase production of products.

Hi nancybl,

You can just restock just the contest facilities and not the rest by using the contest window. There is nothing to say that you have to load ALL your facilities for posting.

If you wish to suggest increases in production for any facilities then you need to post in the suggestions area of the forum where the developers will see it. Here's the link to that section >>
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

karela
May 08 2016, 12:36 PM
SO you have me playing this silly chain game
I fill the 2 farm coins facilities because I dont have the fcash to buy the others,
these are the ones that show up on the screen needed in this weeks contest and the sport one is always full
why?
why is it full all the time?
I post it from it. so I asked my friend to tell me what happens when she follows the post and it takes her to my farm 1 which has NO facilities on it. IT doesnt take her to farm 6 where the sports facility is so it is FULL NO ONE goes there I have a lot of facilities on there
there fore I am in 8th place this week when I have been consistantly in first to second and winning second place
THIS GAME IS SO UNFAIR>>>>>>>>>

HELP this game is ridiculous and unfair
i am in 8th place which i have never been since you are sending people to a farm with NO facilities on it?:mad::mad::mad::mad:
the sports facilty is always full this is soooo unfair to me and my levels as i am unable to get anywhere this week

Taz D
May 08 2016, 01:00 PM
SO you have me playing this silly chain game
I fill the 2 farm coins facilities because I dont have the fcash to buy the others,
these are the ones that show up on the screen needed in this weeks contest and the sport one is always full
why?
why is it full all the time?
I post it from it. so I asked my friend to tell me what happens when she follows the post and it takes her to my farm 1 which has NO facilities on it. IT doesnt take her to farm 6 where the sports facility is so it is FULL NO ONE goes there I have a lot of facilities on there
there fore I am in 8th place this week when I have been consistantly in first to second and winning second place
THIS GAME IS SO UNFAIR>>>>>>>>>

HELP this game is ridiculous and unfair
i am in 8th place which i have never been since you are sending people to a farm with NO facilities on it?:mad::mad::mad::mad:
the sports facilty is always full this is soooo unfair to me and my levels as i am unable to get anywhere this week
Hi Karela,
If they are going to farm 1 then there must be facilities on it whether they have any work or not. If they have the trains, then it will automatically start with the lowest number farm to be worked and then will work through all the farms. If they don't have the farms then they need to move through all the farms shown in blue.

karela
May 08 2016, 07:17 PM
THere are NO NO facilities on my farm 1 no trains
only stables cows chickens, NO facilities on my farm 1
and my sports facility sends you to farm 1 and it is FULLLLL
and i am level #8 now I have NEVER been level 8 this is ridiculous

BUT THIS SPORTS FACTORY remains FULL so i am not getting any bonus by filling it because it is non existing
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1343683961&farm_ix=0&facility_id=-S&facility_time=1462724247&facility_sig=f2e0aad3892700e7f667b0270e310419

Taz D
May 08 2016, 07:20 PM
THere are NO NO facilities on my farm 1 no trains
only stables cows chickens, NO facilities on my farm 1
and my sports facility sends you to farm 1 and it is FULLLLL
and i am level #8 now I have NEVER been level 8 this is ridiculous

BUT THIS SPORTS FACTORY remains FULL so i am not getting any bonus by filling it
Hi Karela,
Please provide a link to your farms so we can check this. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

karela
May 08 2016, 07:26 PM
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1343683961&farm_ix=0&facility_id=-S&facility_time=1462724247&facility_sig=f2e0aad3892700e7f667b0270e310419

it is always FULL and I am not getting the bonus I should be getting because it is non existing, i remian in 8th place

Taz D
May 08 2016, 07:42 PM

it is always FULL and I am not getting the bonus I should be getting because it is non existing, i remian in 8th place
Hi Karela,
According to the link you provided it says that the farm you are sending them to is farm 1 (farm_ix=0). If you are posting from that facility I am not sure why it is doing that.
Even if they are sent to farm 1, they should be able to go to the correct farm and work as long as the post was from a facility.
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

karela
May 08 2016, 08:57 PM
I am NOT sending anyone to that FARM there are NO factories there, this is a BUG sending them to a farm with out any factories.

ok that is fine if they work my farms with that link but my sports accessories is still FULL. and i cant FILL it ,
no one is working this sport accessories factory and i am not getting the bonus credit therefore i am in 8th place.:mad:

Taz D
May 08 2016, 09:20 PM
I am NOT sending anyone to that FARM there are NO factories there, this is a BUG sending them to a farm with out any factories.

ok that is fine if they work my farms with that link but my sports accessories is still FULL. and i cant FILL it ,
no one is working this sport accessories factory and i am not getting the bonus credit therefore i am in 8th place.:mad:
Hi Karela,
When I looked at that facility it was half done.
Try posting from a different facility on a different farm. That way if they get to a correct link then they will be able to work all your facilities. When you post it is for everything , not just 1 or 2 facilities.
If it is a bug it is only on your farms. Did you try clearing the caches as I suggested? Please do that then post from a different facility to see if that will fix it.
If that doesn't then contact Support as I don't have any other things you can try. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

karela
May 08 2016, 09:49 PM
how do you change facilities on the chain contest?

Taz D
May 08 2016, 09:52 PM
how do you change facilities on the chain contest?
Hi Karela,
I didn't say change facilities in the contest. You can post from any facility you own that has any production going in it. They will work all of your facilities that have any production. It does not have to be a post from a contest facility to get them to work them.

karela
May 08 2016, 10:21 PM
my understanding is that you fill the facilities from the neighborhood chain contest cube thing? is that correct? for the most bonus points?
if that is correct the sprots acessorry facility is totally full and never empties.

it is my understanding that you post from these facilities on the neighborhood chain contest cube thing, for the most bonus points? if that is correct I do and you cant work my sports acessory factory. this is so unfair. very frustrating

Taz D
May 08 2016, 10:30 PM
my understanding is that you fill the facilities from the neighborhood chain contest cube thing? is that correct? for the most bonus points?
if that is correct the sprots acessorry facility is totally full and never empties.

it is my understanding that you post from these facilities on the neighborhood chain contest cube thing, for the most bonus points? if that is correct I do and you cant work my sports acessory factory. this is so unfair. very frustrating
Hi Karela,
No that isn't correct. It does not matter which facility you post from. When someone comes to your farm to work facilities they can work them all, not just the contest facilities. So when they work your facilities then those for the contest get worked too. You only get points for the contest when you load or reload the contest facilities. There are no bonus points for posting from that specific facility. There are no bonus points from anyone working those facilities except that you can reload them faster, because they are emptied faster.

garywatson
May 09 2016, 02:28 PM
I moved all my building to 1 Farm yesterday, I noticed today when i checked on the contest that it Says That I have abandoned the contest ... I don't understand this can someone please exsplain it to me ?

marymarcel
May 09 2016, 02:44 PM
I moved all my building to 1 Farm yesterday, I noticed today when i checked on the contest that it Says That I have abandoned the contest ... I don't understand this can someone please exsplain it to me ?

Hi garywatson:)

I'm sorry but that is a rule for the Neighborhood contest. If you try to sell, store or delete any of the 4 facilities for the contest, then you will get a warning message, if you proceed, for example, the facilities will be added to the storage but you will be terminated from the contest, in order to remain in the contest, the facilities that are part of a Neighborhood Chain must remain on the farm during the whole week of the contest.

You have full information about the Neighborhood Chain contests in our Game Guide in the following link

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846

Dutch85
May 12 2016, 11:54 AM
Someone on my FB posted a spapshot of her taking 7th place in the contest. It says her prize is -45% of some of the train cars output. She thinks FT is actually taking 45% and not giving 45%. I tried to explain that it must be a typo. I don't know how people play without using the forum.

Dallace
May 12 2016, 04:33 PM
Someone on my FB posted a spapshot of her taking 7th place in the contest. It says her prize is -45% of some of the train cars output. She thinks FT is actually taking 45% and not giving 45%. I tried to explain that it must be a typo. I don't know how people play without using the forum.

I get the same thing. Mine always says (example)-45% of whatever the prize is for the week. I just haven't said anything. I just let it go.

Aussie Rae
May 12 2016, 09:11 PM
FYI, I moved a facility I had placed by accident on the wrong farm and then placed it on the correct farm.. which has removed me from the NCC for this week, which is no big deal as I have given up on this contest anyway, so for all those who don't want to take part, this is the best way to opt out... also I did NOT get a warning message.

Fred Bee
May 13 2016, 11:26 AM
Dutch, my cousin plays without being able to post to the forum....she never has been able to register (and she has tried many times but it just doesn't work) She can read the posts, but has me post her questions, which works for us.

BTW, why does it say -45% ? I got that too this morning, but don't recall if I got that last week or not. I am always 9th or 10th place as I have very few FC factories, but figured out that if play this quest a little, I will get something. The people I am assigned must have the same outlook as some only fill their factories occasionally.

Fred Bee, gentleman farmer

Tiger Laybourne
May 13 2016, 01:12 PM
Dutch, my cousin plays without being able to post to the forum....she never has been able to register (and she has tried many times but it just doesn't work) She can read the posts, but has me post her questions, which works for us.

BTW, why does it say -45% ? I got that too this morning, but don't recall if I got that last week or not. I am always 9th or 10th place as I have very few FC factories, but figured out that if play this quest a little, I will get something. The people I am assigned must have the same outlook as some only fill their factories occasionally.

Hi Fred Bee,

Are you sure there's not a space between the "-" and "45"?

You could be mistaking the "-" as a minus sign instead of a hyphen.

The reason for the hypen is because if you are lucky enough to win 1st or 2nd you get two prizes, farm cash and train products and they are shown in the prize window as a list.

Fred Bee
May 13 2016, 03:33 PM
Hi Fred Bee,

Are you sure there's not a space between the "-" and "45"?

You could be mistaking the "-" as a minus sign instead of a hyphen.

The reason for the hypen is because if you are lucky enough to win 1st or 2nd you get two prizes, farm cash and train products and they are shown in the prize window as a list.

I am not positive if there is a space or not....it was around 6am and I just clicked on reward button and that was it. But, I do remember thinking why is it negative versus positive. No problem, and thanks for the explanation.

Taz D
May 14 2016, 01:12 AM

Hi Fred Bee,
About your cousin, not being able to register in the forums, can you tell us what happens when she tries to register? If you will PM Marymarcel with one of the usernames she has used to try to register with then we can look at the account and fix it for them.

Granny Goodwitch
May 14 2016, 02:48 PM
"I moved your post to the Contests Help thread."

I can't find the Contest Help thread. I want to comment that I love the contest, but I'm burning out on it rather fast - there simply isn't enough time to grow enough crops or to wait for enough products from the fish farms, semi truck, etc. I have 27 rabbit hutches, all full with additional rabbits running around and can't satisfy everything that need rabbit fur. I have cow barns and chicken coops on all 28 farms and can't meet the full need for milk and eggs, even with extra cows and hens running loose. Yada, yada. I'm not complaining - but I would like to suggest that the contest would be more fun and much less stressful if they were every other week instead of weekly.

marymarcel
May 14 2016, 03:07 PM
"I moved your post to the Contests Help thread."

I can't find the Contest Help thread. I want to comment that I love the contest, but I'm burning out on it rather fast - there simply isn't enough time to grow enough crops or to wait for enough products from the fish farms, semi truck, etc. I have 27 rabbit hutches, all full with additional rabbits running around and can't satisfy everything that need rabbit fur. I have cow barns and chicken coops on all 28 farms and can't meet the full need for milk and eggs, even with extra cows and hens running loose. Yada, yada. I'm not complaining - but I would like to suggest that the contest would be more fun and much less stressful if they were every other week instead of weekly.

Hi Granny Goodwitch:)

I moved your post to the thread for Discussions about Neighborhood chains contests in General feedback section.

If you want to make a suggestion please post your idea in our Suggestion Section so the developers can read it. You cant open a new thread there but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

Here is the link to Suggestions Section

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Granny Goodwitch
May 15 2016, 03:59 AM
I like the neighborhood contest, which is working well in my group. However, I am burning out on it rather quickly because many of the individual products require items which are also required by so many other products that there is no way one can reasonably fill or almost fill all in a daily post. For example, I have 27 rabbit hutches (only a few added as a result of the contests), and I now have white rabbits loose on on all 27 farms, but I run out of rabbit fur after working only 3 or 4 of the facilities requiring them. The same problem exists with eggs and cow milk, with 28 of each and additional loose animals. Leather rolls are a severe shortage, even with 4 trucks. The list goes on and on. I can meet most of the requirements for minerals, but there is no way I can grow enough crops and tree products (although I am adding trees as rapidly as I can) to meet a daily need for them. I love the game, and I feel obligated to do my maximum to help my neighborhood group, but my inability to do so in a reasonable manner after two weeks has made me decide to quit trying. I think the contest would be a lot more fun if the contest occurred every other week to allow time to recuperate and replenish our stock of the items for which you have created a severe shortage.

Sayso
May 15 2016, 03:21 PM
The problem with this quest is that it takes others to work your facilities when you post them so that you can refill. I'm not sure but think many may not realize that. If you don't post for help in working your facilities it is slow to produce so you'll get a lower score. Other neighbors either don't understand that or all your neighbors may not be playing the quest.

I also wonder are some of the neighbor hoods winning big because they only have people who have been playing for years and can afford to buy all the facilities?

Another thing that I've noticed is that I have all the facilities bought with coins, but I also have spent a lot of money on facilities and tools bought with cash. But nearly every week the farm cash ones are not ones that I own? Is the game fixed to choose ones you don't own so you'll want to buy them? Surely that isn't the case but I think since the game began there has only been 1 facility bought with FC that I actually own.

I think the rule that you must own 2 of the same farm cash facility in order for all of the duplicate coin bought facilities to count in the quest. If you allowed all facilities to count if you've bought duplicates it would be more appealing to those who can't afford to buy everything for farm cash.

Fireball
May 15 2016, 03:51 PM
I dont understand how someone in MY Neighborhood Contest can have 48 facilities yet it says I only have 4. I know I have multiples yet each week it has been the same only 4 facilities. ALso seem to always coming in 8 th place yet I fill several times a day and post twice. Call me confused about the whole thing.

Dulcinea
May 15 2016, 05:26 PM
Sayso, the facilities are completely random and there are a LOT of cash facilities. I'd be surprised if any of mine actually came up.

The thing I've noticed is that some of the "big hitters" in my neighborhood aren't hitting so big anymore. These are the people who own multiples of all the facilities and post and refill their facilities a lot. It makes me wonder if they've given up for the very reasons Granny Goodwitch mentioned. If there were some way to post only the facilities in the contest, that could be helpful for those of us without a lot of resources.

cindilev
May 16 2016, 10:57 AM
I have been doing the neighborhood chain since it came out. My question is how some other neighbors get so many points in the same facility I have with as many as I have? I work those facilities sometimes 3 times a day and don't get much, but others have tripled my points. I am confused about this. Please help.

freday57
May 16 2016, 10:58 AM
how much of the amount of work that you do in a ficility counts. I have noticed I only get a percentage of the amount of work am doing. I would think if I did 100 products i would get credit for 100 products but it isnt adding up right/ on the rubber factory i will do 10 and maybe ge credit for 2 sometimes I dont get any credit

I just did the transport facility and I did 579 and got credit for 19 dont seem fair.

Tiger Laybourne
May 16 2016, 11:22 AM
how much of the amount of work that you do in a ficility counts. I have noticed I only get a percentage of the amount of work am doing. I would think if I did 100 products i would get credit for 100 products but it isnt adding up right/ on the rubber factory i will do 10 and maybe ge credit for 2 sometimes I dont get any credit

I just did the transport facility and I did 579 and got credit for 19 dont seem fair.

Hi freday57,

It's not the number of products you make that gives you points, it's the amount of experience points you earned by making those products. Next time you load a product look for the "XP" you earned. XP=points.

Dallace
May 17 2016, 11:06 AM
You still only get a percent of the experience points. I watched mine last week and out of 661 experience points I got maybe 19 added to my score.

Tiger Laybourne
May 17 2016, 11:11 AM
You still only get a percent of the experience points. I watched mine last week and out of 661 experience points I got maybe 19 added to my score.

Hi Dallace,

Are you sure you saw xp and not the number of products you made? I have just checked with some of mine and the xp converted into points correctly.

Dallace
May 17 2016, 12:41 PM
Hi Dallace,

Are you sure you saw xp and not the number of products you made? I have just checked with some of mine and the xp converted into points correctly.

I am fairly sure, but I will watch again next week to make sure. Took a break this week.

bbbjwilson
May 19 2016, 08:35 AM
Hello,
This little game is intended to help those who have spend hundreds in the store.
And if you haven't spent hundreds (thousands?) it entices you to do so. I think Slashkey should remember as well those of us who still work, need to be worthy competitors compared to those who get to stay home and play FarmTown all day. All the bonus games rests on the ability to have the facility or factory (FarmCash) if you don't spend spend spend you'll get nowhere.
Jan

Dallace
May 19 2016, 10:07 AM
Hi Dallace,

I apologize Tiger. I was wrong.

Tiger Laybourne
May 19 2016, 10:23 AM
I apologize Tiger. I was wrong.

No problem Dallace, glad you have it figured out now :)

Aussie Rae
May 19 2016, 10:49 PM
woo hoo, didn't get kicked out of the NCC this week, :) last week was a dud..lol

frog1
Jun 01 2016, 08:15 PM
How are the competing neighborhood chains decided? My mom and myself have 6 of the same neighbors, I have 2 active neighbors that she doesn't have, So in the chain I have 8 neighbors and she has 6. But when the competing neighborhoods she is in a much higher scoring category than myself, Why is that when she has less people who play the game, I have to say when you see that every week why would you want to play the game.

Rainelogan
Jun 02 2016, 05:26 AM
sorry if this has been asked and answered a hundred times but it's slow going reading a whole thread in search of an answer that may or may not be there.

i've a few queries about the neighbourhood chains contest.

q1. the round that's just finished i had about 40 neighbours in my team and this time i've got 20. does it change every week?

q2. some of my neighbours claim they're not playing yet they're in my team. why would that be?

q3. some of my neighbours aren't in my team but 'are' in a team. so if i work their facilities i'm working against myself AND my team? that can't be right surely? <<<< that's a deal breaker right there.

any help or advice ... much appreciated.

Tiger Laybourne
Jun 02 2016, 10:22 AM
sorry if this has been asked and answered a hundred times but it's slow going reading a whole thread in search of an answer that may or may not be there.

i've a few queries about the neighbourhood chains contest.

q1. the round that's just finished i had about 40 neighbours in my team and this time i've got 20. does it change every week?

q2. some of my neighbours claim they're not playing yet they're in my team. why would that be?

q3. some of my neighbours aren't in my team but 'are' in a team. so if i work their facilities i'm working against myself AND my team? that can't be right surely? <<<< that's a deal breaker right there.

any help or advice ... much appreciated.

Hi Rainelogan,

Your neighbourhood consists of you and all your neighbours. As they load/start products in those 4 facilities, if they have them, they will start appearing in your neighbourhood whether they have clicked on the contest icon or not. The only way for them to leave the contest is to store one of the facilities in the contest.

Any xp earned by yourself or your neighbours, in those facilities, counts as points for your neighbourhood. By helping them with their facilities it means they can load/start more often and so adding to your neighbourhoods points. They will also be adding to their own neighbourhoods points, which will be different to yours.

Rainelogan
Jun 02 2016, 11:16 AM
that's messed up.

ftjill
Jun 02 2016, 03:17 PM
Looking forward to the June release with anticipation :) There's sure to be some new facilities and other cool stuff. :cool:

Fireball
Jun 04 2016, 06:30 PM
It seems every week I am in 10th place..This week I went so far as to buy the extra cash facilities for all 5 of my farms that have facilities and still in 10th place. This is becoming not only expensive but it is hard loading facilities every couple of hours, working other farms and keeping the crops that I need. It has become a full time job without a pay-check. BUMMER !!!!

Rainelogan
Jun 05 2016, 06:47 AM
It seems every week I am in 10th place..This week I went so far as to buy the extra cash facilities for all 5 of my farms that have facilities and still in 10th place. This is becoming not only expensive but it is hard loading facilities every couple of hours, working other farms and keeping the crops that I need. It has become a full time job without a pay-check. BUMMER !!!!

pull one of your facs. that will get you off the chain. you could buy 100 farm cash facs and you'll still be in 10th place. that's how it was explained to me.

i'm playing this week so as not to let my neighbours down but first opportunity i get in the next round i'm outies! ;) it's a huge have.

Rainelogan
Jun 05 2016, 09:35 AM
actually i lie and took my own advice re: pulling a fac.

i hope the points i accrued still count for my neighbours but if not it shouldn't matter considering how randomly they seem to be distributed.

until it makes sense i'm relieved to be done with it.

i feel the concept was ok but the implementation and reality ... not so much.

guess who
Jun 07 2016, 06:37 AM
How does the system work out the competition on chain groups? Totally unfair when you have one group with a 100 facilities competing against a group with only 50 facilities. And I believe there must be a way of cheating in this quest as I know a group that plays pretty hard at it and their scores often get tripled by certain other chains (not mentioning names but keeping eye on them as they frequently come up) going to try to become neighbour haha,

barbara nixon
Jun 14 2016, 10:11 PM
what do the red numbers in the red parenthesis mean?i neighborhood chains..

Taz D
Jun 14 2016, 11:14 PM
what do the red numbers in the red parenthesis mean?i neighborhood chains..
Hi Barbara,
From this month's release:
When one of your neighbours buy a FarmCash facility participating in the contest, or the corresponding extra Coin facility allowed, you will see a red counter next to that neighbour and you will also have a chance to thank the neighbour for that contribution to your Neighborhood Chain.

barbara nixon
Jun 20 2016, 11:49 AM
after doing the chains contest since it started i've noticed what ever number we start out in is where we stay. have never gone above 4th, this time we are in 10th..i like getting goods because every little bit counts, but how does one move up during the 7 days? i doubt we will ever be in the top to get fc as my neighbors don't have all the facilities..

turbo terry
Jul 02 2016, 09:25 AM
the contest works this way - if i spend farmcash to increase the contest facilities (did so last week) my team is in the top 2 or 3 of facilities owned (came in 2nd) - if i don't spend farmcash my team is outnumbered by 30 or 40 facilities - came in 8th or 10th in the 2 before last week and will probably do so this week (team currently in 1st has 80 more facilities than my team

Zany Clover
Jul 02 2016, 09:44 AM
Having been in the chains contest from the beginning, it appears to me that this is a pretty overt way to "encourage" people to buy coin facilities/clients for the benefit of Slashkey. I've poured LOTS of money into getting all facilities/clients & sometimes more than one of each. I, too, have too many neighbors who open the contest to be in it and get something, which is understandable, but then the group as a whole can't do very well. Some folks are even deleting neighbors on account of this contest. I'm not liking the shift away fr helping everyone to competing against our neighbors. It's not something appealing at all. Unlike some folks, I don't have the time to be able to have 3+ farms that can then give cash to the parent farm.

Dulcinea
Jul 02 2016, 09:52 AM
Some folks are even deleting neighbors on account of this contest. I'm not liking the shift away fr helping everyone to competing against our neighbors. It's not something appealing at all. Unlike some folks, I don't have the time to be able to have 3+ farms that can then give cash to the parent farm.

We're not competing against our neighbors. We're helping each other in our individual contests against players who aren't our neighbors. The more neighbors you have filling their facilities, the better you do.

Zany Clover
Jul 02 2016, 09:58 AM
True we're not competing against our neighbors, but in order to compete against other players, we need neighbors who not only join the chains but continue to reload the facilities/clients designated as well as their other facil/clients and who POST to draw people in---because having friends use up the supply is what lets you reload more often. The last sentence of your comment is the key: that's why people are deleting neighbors---bec some join but after that don't participate, which drags down the chain's ability to compete against more active chains.

farm collie
Jul 02 2016, 10:42 AM
I don't go buy the farm cash facilities when the new contests start. Most of the neighbors in my chain do not have the farm cash facilities but a couple have them all and are constantly posting them for their neighbors to work. Some members of my chain barely make a thousand items and others make tens of thousands of items. I generally get a few thousand done myself.

My chain has been number one in the past three weeks. It is not always the same people in my neighborhood chain, but most of them are repeats.

Dulcinea
Jul 02 2016, 05:20 PM
The last sentence of your comment is the key: that's why people are deleting neighbors---bec some join but after that don't participate, which drags down the chain's ability to compete against more active chains.

How does it drag it down? Maybe I missed the memo, but to the best of my knowledge, there's no limit to how many neighbors you can have in your chain. A neighbor who fills one facility only once is still contributing to the overall total, even if it's 50 points, and they're not booting off someone who might fill their facilities more often.

turbo terry
Jul 07 2016, 08:39 AM
the contest works this way - if i spend farmcash to increase the contest facilities (did so last week) my team is in the top 2 or 3 of facilities owned (came in 2nd) - if i don't spend farmcash my team is outnumbered by 30 or 40 facilities - came in 8th or 10th in the 2 before last week and will probably do so this week (team currently in 1st has 80 more facilities than my team

fyi - finished in 4th place

Taz D
Jul 07 2016, 10:22 AM
fyi - finished in 4th place
Hi Terry,
I did not spend any farm cash and came in 3rd this time.

Z.O.D
Jul 14 2016, 10:08 AM
Ahh I seee. So we spend 30$ real dollars per week to get an award of 1000 apples? Awesome. lol

Taz D
Jul 14 2016, 01:55 PM
Ahh I seee. So we spend 30$ real dollars per week to get an award of 1000 apples? Awesome. lol
Hi Z.O.D,
No one said you had to spend any money or even farm cash. That is your option.

Dulcinea
Jul 15 2016, 12:11 PM
Just out of curiosity, what do my neighbors get when I click that blue "Thanks" button?

Tiger Laybourne
Jul 15 2016, 12:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, what do my neighbors get when I click that blue "Thanks" button?

Hi Dulcinea,

At the moment they just get a thanks message sent to them. It's a possibility that in the future they may also be sent ingredients.

Dulcinea
Jul 15 2016, 12:40 PM
Hi Dulcinea,

At the moment they just get a thanks message sent to them. It's a possibility that in the future they may also be sent ingredients.

Is it like a pop-up that says something like "So-and-so says thanks for the help"?

Tiger Laybourne
Jul 15 2016, 12:44 PM
Is it like a pop-up that says something like "So-and-so says thanks for the help"?

Hi Dulcinea,

When they open the NCC a box will open titled "Thank You" and in there messages saying "Thanks from XXX" it's lists all the thanks in that one box.

Dulcinea
Jul 15 2016, 07:33 PM
Hi Dulcinea,

When they open the NCC a box will open titled "Thank You" and in there messages saying "Thanks from XXX" it's lists all the thanks in that one box.

Thank you! :)

Zaftiggy
Jul 21 2016, 02:49 AM
Hi folks,
I just got home from work and saw that the Bank is in the contest. Is that right? We don't get xp's from that... or at least I don't! I just loaded it up and no xp's. Do we still get points?

Thanks!
Theresa

LazyMare
Jul 21 2016, 04:27 AM
Hi folks,
I just got home from work and saw that the Bank is in the contest. Is that right? We don't get xp's from that... or at least I don't! I just loaded it up and no xp's. Do we still get points?

Thanks!
Theresa

Hi Theresa
This has been reported this to the developers. Please be patient to see what they will do.

Dulcinea
Jul 21 2016, 05:26 AM
Just a comment here. This was the first time I owned one of the FC facilities in the contest. But I have 20 Banks, and despite owning a Donut Shop, I can still enter only one Bank in the contest. So there's no advantage whatsoever to purchasing a FC facility for the contest when owning one is the same as not owning any. You can add one of each coin facility either way, whether you own one of the FC facilities or not. I'd have to own both to have it make any difference, and even then, I could only add two of my Banks and one of my Watermills.

Seems to me if you want to encourage players to purchase FC facilities, you'd let them add two coin facilities for every FC facility they own. Just a thought.

carmen.small
Jul 21 2016, 07:20 AM
What is the purpose of the bank in the neighborhood chain. We only spend coins to load it and get no credit for doing so.

LazyMare
Jul 21 2016, 07:23 AM
What is the purpose of the bank in the neighborhood chain. We only spend coins to load it and get no credit for doing so.

Hi carmen.small
This has been reported this to the developers. Please be patient to see what they will do.

s3xycricket
Jul 21 2016, 08:28 AM
Hi. I hope my post doesn't get removed but I am sick of doing the neighborhood contest and farm town always picking the cash facilities i don't have. I honestly don't think it's fair to have cash facilities but they are never the ones picked to be in the contest. Thank you and have a great day..

LazyMare
Jul 21 2016, 08:57 AM
Hi. I hope my post doesn't get removed but I am sick of doing the neighborhood contest and farm town always picking the cash facilities i don't have. I honestly don't think it's fair to have cash facilities but they are never the ones picked to be in the contest. Thank you and have a great day..

Hi s3xycricket

Can sympathise as I don't have all the FC facs either. Just as for the Regular and Co-operative Quests the facilities for the NCC are picked at random. (Think that this week the Donut Shop may be the first time have had an FC facility that can contribute). This has not prevented me from earning good scores in the NCC by posting and filling the coin facilities as often as I can and having good neighbours who do the same. Hang on in there, sooner or later something you own will be chosen

Scapergal
Jul 21 2016, 02:05 PM
I have worked this week's chains twice now and there are 0 points for the Bank. 0 for "LOAD" and 0 for for "STORE ALL"
What is the point of having this facility in the chains contest if it has 0 points?

I would like to see some of the cash facilities in the lower levels that many of us would have be in the contest instead of them always being the more advanced level facilities.
Who makes the decisions on which facilities are going to be in the contest? It feels like someone is throwing darts at a board covered in post it notes and that determines the selection.

Tiger Laybourne
Jul 21 2016, 02:24 PM
I have worked this week's chains twice now and there are 0 points for the Bank. 0 for "LOAD" and 0 for for "STORE ALL"
What is the point of having this facility in the chains contest if it has 0 points?

I would like to see some of the cash facilities in the lower levels that many of us would have be in the contest instead of them always being the more advanced level facilities.
Who makes the decisions on which facilities are going to be in the contest? It feels like someone is throwing darts at a board covered in post it notes and that determines the selection.

Hi Scapergal,

The bank can not be worked by others, it is loaded with coins not products and just like the other facs loaded with coins you can not work them on another's farm. You also do not earn xp for starting products in those facilities.

The developers have been contacted about the bank and that it is not generating any xp's to turn into points for the contest. We are waiting to see what they say.

Please, Ideas for the game would be better placed in the suggestions area of the forum, where all ideas for the game are gathered for the developers to see. You will not be able to start a "New Thread" there, all you do is find one with a title that most suits your idea and post a "Reply". If you can't find one there is one called "My Idea doesn't have a Thread" which you can post in.
Here's the link to the Suggestions area of the forum....
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Zaftiggy
Jul 21 2016, 04:36 PM
Hi Theresa

Thanks LazyMare! I am patient ;)

troops2010
Jul 22 2016, 01:39 PM
On several occasions, I have noticed that not all XPs are counted in totals for the neighborhood chains. I don't have all the start all or load all tools so have to work the facilities from the contest page. When I worked Food Flavoring factory. showed 3727 XP & but only gave credit for 2635. Same thing with watermill & Donuts Shop. Less XP for those but only gave credit of just a little over 1/2

Taz D
Jul 22 2016, 11:45 PM
On several occasions, I have noticed that not all XPs are counted in totals for the neighborhood chains. I don't have all the start all or load all tools so have to work the facilities from the contest page. When I worked Food Flavoring factory. showed 3727 XP & but only gave credit for 2635. Same thing with watermill & Donuts Shop. Less XP for those but only gave credit of just a little over 1/2
Hi troops,
You do not get the experience for the bonus batches. You may also notice that when you load all your facilities that you also do not get all the expereince that first floats up. The reason is the same. Bonus batches that the mayor porovides the ingredients for do not count for your experience total.

FarmerMcLashwood
Jul 23 2016, 06:43 AM
Hi troops,
You do not get the experience for the bonus batches. You may also notice that when you load all your facilities that you also do not get all the expereince that first floats up. The reason is the same. Bonus batches that the mayor porovides the ingredients for do not count for your experience total.

How do we know if we got bonus batches?
I too had noticed that I wasn't getting the correct amount of xps added to my total. This morning when I filled my facs in the contest I made a note of all the points awarded for each facs. At the end I was 4,526 xps not counted. Thats a hell of a lot :(

Tiger Laybourne
Jul 23 2016, 09:58 AM
How do we know if we got bonus batches?
I too had noticed that I wasn't getting the correct amount of xps added to my total. This morning when I filled my facs in the contest I made a note of all the points awarded for each facs. At the end I was 4,526 xps not counted. Thats a hell of a lot :(

Hi FarmerMcLashwood,

You have to be quick to spot it. When you start all, at the top the floating text displays the amount of products started and just underneath it the xp earned, but right down the bottom it will say something like "xxx bonus batches sent to production". It does not tell you the xp removed for starting those.

ClaytinPA
Aug 01 2016, 08:45 PM
A confession on my part about that neighborhood competition week by week with 10 groups pitted against each other. 1. I was not really excited about this to start with. 2. It appears to be a not so subtle tactic to put pressure on players to buy facilities with cash in order to compile higher scores. This will put more money into the pocket of the owner/s of the game and possibly some bonus money for employees. 3. If I see that my group is at the 3 level or higher, I don't waste time with it. I'll just wait and collect the piddling amount of rewards at the end of the contest period. I refuse to spend a lot of money I don't have to buy a bunch of facilities to simply compile a bigger score with hopes of coming in #1 or #2 each week :-(

LazyMare
Aug 02 2016, 06:25 AM
I responded once and deleted it because I realized I was angry about a game. Not angry anymore and giggling about being angry in the first place. What I do not understand about the neighborhood chains contest is that the neighbors I have with the highest numbers in my neighborhood are getting first and second place while I am getting last place. I am filling their facilities and helping them win. Who are we really competing against? I have matched some of them in an individual week, yet my neighbors, listed as being in my neighborhood contest come out in first place and I am between 8th and 10th. If they were matched with others who have similar amount of facilities, that would be fair but no, I am always clear down on the end with half or less of the facilities that the number one (including my neighbors) have. I bought FC facilities twice, I will never again buy anything for this bizzare competition. I do post my facilities though as it helps me gain more than 2 billion a day to upgrade my farms without spending FC. That's my feedback, I know you do not know the algorithum, but trust me, it is not a fair contest.

Hi lcswdonna

I almost replied to your last post but didn't want to risk annoying you even further :p

Everyone is head of their own neighbourhood - your neighbours help your neighbourhood - your facilities help the farmers who have you as a neighbour. Working your neighbours facilities posts helps you as it will enable them to fill more often and get more points which contribute to your neighbourhood score.

It's really hard to compare one neighbour with another as despite owning the same number of facilities, one may have more active neighbours than the other, one may post twice a day and the other twice a week. I have 3 facilities in this weeks contest (I think it's the first time have owned one of the FC facs) yet have a score 3 times higher than a neighbour with 12 facs. One of my other neighbours deliberately pulled out of this weeks contest as they were in 8th or 9th, BUT they were in the top half of my contributors.

The only thing I really know for certain is that filling the NCC facs often gets good scores, so when you post your facilities, maybe refill those more often than the others.

What I like about the NCC is that everybody who enters gets something. I just fill my NCC facs as often as I can and work as many of my friends facs as I can and cross my fingers :)

badpoodle
Aug 02 2016, 05:08 PM
what are your criteria for matching neighborhoods? i've yet to be placed in competition with a chain with the same number of facilities i have, and it's been very discouraging.

Taz D
Aug 02 2016, 05:50 PM
what are your criteria for matching neighborhoods? i've yet to be placed in competition with a chain with the same number of facilities i have, and it's been very discouraging.
Hi Badpoodle,
We don't know what criteria the developers set for choosing who you compete against and I doubt they will tell us as it is done by a formula in the program and not by humans.

mac16129
Aug 03 2016, 05:47 AM
The new graphics are fantastic. Please pass on to the developers. Game gets better all the time!!!

badpoodle
Aug 03 2016, 12:52 PM
why won't they tell us? i doubt their formula is a threat to global peace.

personally, i think slashkey wants to hold its cards close on the chain thang. it's a blatant attempt to get people to spend farm cash.

Roots
Aug 12 2016, 03:34 AM
Hello there. I don't have a 'neighbourhood rank' title in the neighbourhood chains. I have three that say: Contest info, My neighbourhood chains and competing neighbourhoods. Also I can't fill my neighbour's facilities either. Am I missing something? I don't seem to be understanding this contest.

Many thanks for your time.

Roots.

Taz D
Aug 12 2016, 03:56 AM
Hello there. I don't have a 'neighbourhood rank' title in the neighbourhood chains. I have three that say: Contest info, My neighbourhood chains and competing neighbourhoods. Also I can't fill my neighbour's facilities either. Am I missing something? I don't seem to be understanding this contest.

Many thanks for your time.

Roots.
Hi Roots,
Your neighborhood "rank" would be what place you are in among the competing neighborhoods. Those will not be chosen until Saturday.
No one can fill their neighbors facilities. All you can do is work them when they post them, which alllows them to refill their own facilities faster making more points. Please read the Game Guide chapter about the contest in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846

Roots
Aug 13 2016, 07:44 AM
Ah-thanks for explaining this and your advice. I understand now :)

lcswdonna
Aug 13 2016, 04:12 PM

Unless Slash Key changes whatever they programmed as the parameters for "matching neighborhoods, or I dump all my neighbors, mostly low level players with half the amount of facilities and almost no one with the tools to easily work facilities, I know now that I cannot win the neighborhood chain contest. I was so excited about this contest that I bought 10 railcars to add to my 10 so I could easily work other farms facilities, and bought all the tools to fill my facilities easily. I think these added together was more than $40.00. And I was buying farmcash facilities each week. Oh, and then there were all the support facilities, horse stables etc. to keep up with the increased production. I am a fool. That was what those receiving all that cash were hoping for. So I have gotten a few 1/3 of one rail car a few times and will never get anything else unless this is fixed. The promise of fairness was not kept. I will just keep moving one of the facilities each Saturday when I see the numbers. This week it is low 98 facilities to high of 186 facilities. How can they compete?

amazinggrace1
Aug 14 2016, 12:38 PM
Dear Slaskey and Farm Town Friends,

Before reading this letter, please understand that:
1. I realize I am responsible for the money I spend and that nobody made me spend money on this game.
2. My intention in posting/sending this is for the greater good.
3. I understand that Slashkey needs “some” revenue to pay for the programming and continued back off of Farm Town.

I started playing Farm Town in 2009 when it was only 31 levels with my mom who was on long-term disability from a car accident. Over the years, I have made many good friends through this game. I have watched it grow- for better and for worse, and have made several suggestions for enhancements. Some that came to fruition and some I am still waiting for!

I find myself in a spot where I am going to have to either break up with Farm Town permanently or temporarily. I’m not sure which yet.

For me, this started with the NCC contest. I started seeing other people buying Farm Cash Facilities to boost their totals in the NCC contest, so I started doing it as well.

I have 730 some factories on my 30 farms, and have spent an embarrassing amount of cash on this game over the years. Before you say that nobody made me do that, keep reading.

Now, I realize that there are jerks everywhere, but since the NCC has started, I have seen Farm Town take a nasty turn. “I don’t load my factories full enough….I don’t have enough…when are you posting, etc.”

With the extra factories, I have had to buy others keep the production up. Farm Town is becoming a full time job and no long something I enjoy. And because of the nature of the game, you need the community of other Farm Town Players, so just unfriending or ignoring all the jerks is not an option.

When the NCC first started, and I was reading the complaints about the NCC contest, I saw Taz post in the forums several times…nobody is forcing you to buy factories. Yes, that’s true.

However, recently FT just added a new feature where you can thank and send your NCC people who buy additional factories. Are you not INCENTING the madness and causing more dissent? Say what you what, but the NCC is a way for Slashkey to try to get more revenue for the game.

So I’m probably going to have to walk away from this game, the friends I have made, and chalk it up to a lesson learned as far as money spent. I do hope that Slashkey will consider and reflect on how some of these changes are causing disrespect, rudeness and bullying in the Farm Town community.

Respectfully

msdragonfly
Aug 14 2016, 04:52 PM
I thought I read that it would sort the neighborhood chains that make up the competing neighborhoods so that it would be more or less 'fair.' This week my chain is competing against 2 that have 182 and 196 facilities respectively. Everyone else in the competing neighborhoods has about 50 less facilities. How is that make sure you're competing with like neighborhoods?

msdragonfly
Aug 16 2016, 01:02 PM
I thought I read that it would sort the neighborhood chains that make up the competing neighborhoods so that it would be more or less 'fair.' This week my chain is competing against 2 that have 182 and 196 facilities respectively. Everyone else in the competing neighborhoods has about 50 less facilities. How is that make sure you're competing with like neighborhoods?

So - no comments whatsoever about how this works??????? :confused::(

Taz D
Aug 16 2016, 03:00 PM

So - no comments whatsoever about how this works??????? :confused::(
Hi msdragonfly,
The developers don't comment in the forums and we moderators are just players like you, so we don't have any other information on how the groups are determined.

lcswdonna
Aug 18 2016, 01:43 AM
What I would like to see happen is a complaint made to the developers that their algorithm is not working. The devs do not come here, I know you do not have the ability to understand what they have done or why, nor can you change it. I just want it passed along that the neighborhood contest is not working for those of us in "newcomer" neighborhoods. At the least it is causing people to dump their neighbors to try and find high utilization neighbors instead. At the most it is causing unneeded friction among communities who just want to play a game together. I know neither of these things were intended, but they are both happening. Please pass this information along to someone who can take a look at the programming and either change it, dump it, or give us some rationale that would cause the promise of "neighborhoods will be matched with like neighborhoods" to not happen. If it is the latter, ask them to give us a way to permanently decline the weekly competition. If you cannot do this, please give me a way to contact them directly. Thanks.

Taz D
Aug 18 2016, 11:51 AM
What I would like to see happen is a complaint made to the developers that their algorithm is not working. The devs do not come here, I know you do not have the ability to understand what they have done or why, nor can you change it. I just want it passed along that the neighborhood contest is not working for those of us in "newcomer" neighborhoods. At the least it is causing people to dump their neighbors to try and find high utilization neighbors instead. At the most it is causing unneeded friction among communities who just want to play a game together. I know neither of these things were intended, but they are both happening. Please pass this information along to someone who can take a look at the programming and either change it, dump it, or give us some rationale that would cause the promise of "neighborhoods will be matched with like neighborhoods" to not happen. If it is the latter, ask them to give us a way to permanently decline the weekly competition. If you cannot do this, please give me a way to contact them directly. Thanks.
Hi lcswdonna,
It has been brought to the attention of the developers and they are looking at the process for selection. I can't promise any change, but they are looking at it.

Tuckertbnc
Aug 19 2016, 05:44 AM
This week was the first time I've ever placed in the top 3 and had a chance to Thank neighbors .... Does the Thank you go anywhere? Since I have not gotten a single Thank you myself :( ..(I made sure to thank all mine before I claimed the Farmcash ) .. Is it only the goods going mysteriously into their inventory? or does it go into the gift box were you can see that someone said thank you?

Tuckertbnc
Aug 19 2016, 05:56 AM
Now, I realize that there are jerks everywhere, but since the NCC has started, I have seen Farm Town take a nasty turn. “I don’t load my factories full enough….I don’t have enough…when are you posting, etc.”

If one of my neighbors got nasty . They would be removed from my friends AND neighbors list ... I've been playing since the beginning and I do occasionally spend My own money .... I realized a few years ago that if I continued buying all the factories , that it would become too much like work :( so I went to only buying the coin factories .. When the Neighborhood Chain started , I decided I would continue playing just as I always have .. and keep enjoying playing ... anything I win is a free bonus .... And just enjoy playing the game as I always have ... Don't let someones rudeness ruin the game for you , just unfriend the negative person and keep enjoying ... Have a blessed day :) ...

LazyMare
Aug 19 2016, 06:41 AM
This week was the first time I've ever placed in the top 3 and had a chance to Thank neighbors .... Does the Thank you go anywhere? Since I have not gotten a single Thank you myself :( ..(I made sure to thank all mine before I claimed the Farmcash ) .. Is it only the goods going mysteriously into their inventory? or does it go into the gift box were you can see that someone said thank you?

Hi Tuckertbnc

When they open their NCC dice, a pop -up window shows them who has thanked them and what ingredient they get, and how many. When they accept they receive a confirmation that x number of ingredients have been added to their storage.

JudyD1651
Aug 20 2016, 09:58 PM
It would be nice if when the new NCC is announced they would include a clients facility. Some of us use those facilities when we post our facilities for our neighbours to work.

Taz D
Aug 20 2016, 10:22 PM
It would be nice if when the new NCC is announced they would include a clients facility. Some of us use those facilities when we post our facilities for our neighbours to work.
Hi JudyD,
Just like the quests, the facilities for the NCC are chosen at random. The only requirement is that 2 of the facilities be farm cash purchased and 2 coin purchased.
If you wish to make a suggestion then please post your suggestion in the Suggestion section where the developers will see it. You cannot start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

marymarcel
Aug 24 2016, 09:27 AM
Hi all:)

Raul has posted about a change in the Neighborhood Chain Contest in his notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - August 24th, 3:20AM

- We just released an update to the way the neighborhood strength is computed in the Neighborhood Chains Contest. So for the next contest, you should notice that your competing neighborhoods total facilities participating are closer to your neighborhood total facilities participating, this should create a more fair and balanced group of competing neighborhoods.

Vivienne57
Aug 28 2016, 02:35 AM
I have been told that you have to be a neighbour with each other in order for the NCC to work effectively. Is there anything you can do to show an indication that we are in fact neighbours with each other. Just say for example. If a friends sends me a neighbour request and I accept but I don't send her one, does that mean I am her neighbour but she's not mine. How can we tell if we are neighbours with each other. It would be handy if say a red dot appeared next to a neighbour in the neighbour list so we know we are neighbours with each other and if there is no dot it means we're not. Does that make sense :)

Taz D
Aug 28 2016, 04:51 AM
I have been told that you have to be a neighbour with each other in order for the NCC to work effectively. Is there anything you can do to show an indication that we are in fact neighbours with each other. Just say for example. If a friends sends me a neighbour request and I accept but I don't send her one, does that mean I am her neighbour but she's not mine. How can we tell if we are neighbours with each other. It would be handy if say a red dot appeared next to a neighbour in the neighbour list so we know we are neighbours with each other and if there is no dot it means we're not. Does that make sense :)
Hi Vivienne,
If a friend sends you a neighbor request and you accept then you are their neighbor, but they are not your neighbor unless you send a request snd they accept.
The red dot is already in use, so that can't be used. If you are neighbors with each other then that would be normal as all your neighbors can be in your neighborhood chain. If you are not neighbors with someone then they will not be in your chain. You may be in their's because you are their neighbor but they would not be in your chain.

Liberal Annie
Aug 29 2016, 02:41 PM
I think this is a win-win for everybody. Some of my neighbors have only 2 and sometimes 1 facility in the contest. yet they sometimes come in #1 due to their neighbors help. And., I have noticed that EVERYONE seems to win something. Really like this contest.

turbo terry
Sep 22 2016, 07:35 AM
I like the NCC contest - however this week one of the facilities (souvenir factory) requires leather rolls - i currently have 20 semi trucks which I fill twice a day - I did not have enough leather rolls to fill my souvenir factories - forces me to chose whether i fill all my facs when i post or just the ones in the contest

jm9215
Sep 27 2016, 12:18 PM
i just wish that you would let us know who is in our chain when we are grouped up.......it only shows ....as in my case James]s neighborhood but not who is in it

Tiger Laybourne
Sep 27 2016, 12:29 PM
i just wish that you would let us know who is in our chain when we are grouped up.......it only shows ....as in my case James]s neighborhood but not who is in it

Hi jm9215,

You can see who is in your own chain by clicking on the "My Neighbourhood Chain" tab. Everyone listed there is in your chain.

There is no way for you to know who is in someone elses's chain.

Hayseed C
Sep 29 2016, 04:32 AM
Forgot to check before I started the quest this morning and realised the Hospitality Supplies was not on a farm. I got it out of storage but it's still not showing up. I get a message telling me to add one to start to start contributing. :(

Taz D
Sep 29 2016, 08:02 AM
Forgot to check before I started the quest this morning and realised the Hospitality Supplies was not on a farm. I got it out of storage but it's still not showing up. I get a message telling me to add one to start to start contributing. :(
Hi Hayseed,
I have cleaned your NNC data. If have your farm open please close and reopen and check to see if the facility shows up now.

Hayseed C
Sep 29 2016, 02:19 PM
Thanks so much, that did the trick :)

clearpockets
Oct 06 2016, 06:49 AM
Perhaps you could explain why I, post facilities every day and I have never achieved higher than seventh in the Neighbourhood Chains Quest - EVER, and my wife, who this week, never posted her facilities at all - not even once, gets number one.
She gets number one quite often and almost always within the top three. The whole Neighbourhood Quest thing is an absolute farce.

LazyMare
Oct 06 2016, 10:28 AM
Perhaps you could explain why I, post facilities every day and I have never achieved higher than seventh in the Neighbourhood Chains Quest - EVER, and my wife, who this week, never posted her facilities at all - not even once, gets number one.
She gets number one quite often and almost always within the top three. The whole Neighbourhood Quest thing is an absolute farce.

Hi clearpockets

As you know, we earn points towards our NCC by filling our facilities, and the more we do so the more points we earn.
But every farmer is head of their own neighbourhood, so unless you and your wife both have exactly the same neighbours your neighbourhood scores will be different. Even then you would be competing against different neighbourhoods from each other. It is really hard to make comparisons.
It sounds like your wife's neighbours are filling their facs a lot more often than your neighbours are.

Hope that helps a bit

clearpockets
Oct 06 2016, 05:54 PM
I'm sorry but all things considered, this scheme is a disaster. I don't know any other player - my fortunate wife included, that think this is a good addition to the game. Sorry, but we think you've got it wrong this time.

Aussie Rae
Oct 07 2016, 05:35 PM
love all the quests, :)

ClaytinPA
Oct 11 2016, 08:14 AM
I am involved in Neighborhood Chain contest -- BUT if I find in the new contest that I am in #5 to 10 ranking, I forget about participation by wasting my time and just wait it out for the piddling amount awarded at the end and see what the next week will bring.

It appears that there is a not so subtle attempt on part of developers to pressure us into buying more facilities in this activity in order to gain higher ranking -- this of course will ultimately put more money into someone's pockets and take more out of our own! This I refuse to do, hence, my attitude on extent of weekly participation on my part.

cdh

i try
Oct 14 2016, 02:47 PM
How are points calculated? On 1 fac. i got 250 xp for reloading it but only got 70 points n my chain. In the other i got 1000 xp for reloading but 711 for my chain. This 'does not compute!'. Could someone clarify?
ThanXXX

marymarcel
Oct 14 2016, 03:04 PM
How are points calculated? On 1 fac. i got 250 xp for reloading it but only got 70 points n my chain. In the other i got 1000 xp for reloading but 711 for my chain. This 'does not compute!'. Could someone clarify?
ThanXXX

Hi i try:)

That is because the bonus batches, you dont get xp for them. Bonus batches that the mayor provides the ingredients for do not count for your experience total.

When you start all, you can see a floating messages saying the amount of products started and underneath it is the xp earned. But at the botton it will say something like "xx bonus batches sent to production" but it doesnt tell you the xp removed for starting those

Dulcinea
Oct 15 2016, 12:12 PM
This is great. This week I'm competing against one neighbor with 58 facilities, one with 53, and all the rest have 51. If the number of facilities is any indication of fairness, I'd say the devs might finally have come up with a formula that's fair. :)

lillyobrien
Oct 18 2016, 07:21 PM
As far as I am concerned you can do away with this contest.What a farce.

NJones277
Oct 21 2016, 04:59 PM
I understand that there are complex formulas for coming up with the neighbors we compete with and against, but in the contest that ended Wednesday night, I had (for the third week in a row) over a million points, and we finished in 4th place (the other two weeks we were in first or second). Now and in the past couple of days I get all these thank you's for helping someone finish in the top three. How is this possible? Do you keep a record of individual scores? Is there some way that there could be a mini contest attached to the main one that rewards people who score over a million points, or whatever the 3 highest scores are? It's very frustrating to start in 8th or 9th place, get my team up to first or second, and then hit a week where I score more points than ever, and we finish in 4th. I understand that I have no control over the people on my team, but could we maybe reward the high scorers with something? Thanks.

Taz D
Oct 21 2016, 07:42 PM
I understand that there are complex formulas for coming up with the neighbors we compete with and against, but in the contest that ended Wednesday night, I had (for the third week in a row) over a million points, and we finished in 4th place (the other two weeks we were in first or second). Now and in the past couple of days I get all these thank you's for helping someone finish in the top three. How is this possible? Do you keep a record of individual scores? Is there some way that there could be a mini contest attached to the main one that rewards people who score over a million points, or whatever the 3 highest scores are? It's very frustrating to start in 8th or 9th place, get my team up to first or second, and then hit a week where I score more points than ever, and we finish in 4th. I understand that I have no control over the people on my team, but could we maybe reward the high scorers with something? Thanks.
Hi NJones,
The ones you are getting the thank yous from are your neighbors, not the players you are competing against. Your neighbors are competing against other players that are not your neighbors either. So just because they got in the top 3 in their contest has nothing to do with your contest except for how many points they contributed to you.
Consider that if you scored more points than ever, many others did too, because the facilities picked for that week were ones that provided higher experience points.

lcswdonna
Oct 23 2016, 03:33 AM
The gifts I am getting for buying facilities are very poor, 20 in total from about 8 people. This was supposed to go up, and it did for awhile, but now it is back to ho hum. I get 20 products and I bought 4 cash facilities. I wanted to give it one more try. I can buy a lot of products for that amount of cash. Putting cash service facilities that you know causes us to buy the cash factory not just once but both of them is really shady and greedy. I refilled after every person worked my facilites. I am almost even with people who have twice the number of facilities. And I am in 10th place despite all my work and cash given. I quit after this one. I will likely lose neighbors, but I am done. I will work my neighbors facilities and wait until Tuesday to post my own facilites. I used to really enjoy posting the facilities but now I will be limited to one day a week to do so. That part really sucks. You took that away from me because I used to post daily. I am not sure how much longer I can play this game in good conscious. All I see if greed.

Taz D
Oct 23 2016, 05:29 AM
The gifts I am getting for buying facilities are very poor, 20 in total from about 8 people. This was supposed to go up, and it did for awhile, but now it is back to ho hum. I get 20 products and I bought 4 cash facilities. I wanted to give it one more try. I can buy a lot of products for that amount of cash. Putting cash service facilities that you know causes us to buy the cash factory not just once but both of them is really shady and greedy. I refilled after every person worked my facilites. I am almost even with people who have twice the number of facilities. And I am in 10th place despite all my work and cash given. I quit after this one. I will likely lose neighbors, but I am done. I will work my neighbors facilities and wait until Tuesday to post my own facilites. I used to really enjoy posting the facilities but now I will be limited to one day a week to do so. That part really sucks. You took that away from me because I used to post daily. I am not sure how much longer I can play this game in good conscious. All I see if greed.
Hi lcswdonna,
I moved your post to the feedback thread on the contest as you are not adsking a question or problem in the contests. I am sorry, but the gifts have not changed for the contest except to go up as noted in the releases.

boduke66
Nov 14 2016, 09:07 AM
Anything wrong with the neighborhood chains contest,go to open it this morning,and the only section highlighted is the contest information,the other two sections are faded out,you cannot open them,also when you click on the facilities button you get the error that says ''you can enter the neighborhood chains contest from Thursday 12 am EST to Sunday 11:59 pm EST,please try again those days''.just wondered if anyone else was having this problem.

marymarcel
Nov 14 2016, 09:16 AM
Anything wrong with the neighborhood chains contest,go to open it this morning,and the only section highlighted is the contest information,the other two sections are faded out,you cannot open them,also when you click on the facilities button you get the error that says ''you can enter the neighborhood chains contest from Thursday 12 am EST to Sunday 11:59 pm EST,please try again those days''.just wondered if anyone else was having this problem.

Hi boduke66:)

I'm sorry to say this, but you are receiving that message because today is Monday. The last day available to enter the Neighborhood chain contest is Sunday 11:59 PM eastern time.

Aussie Rae
Nov 20 2016, 07:37 PM
Have been consistently in the top 3 in the NCC since it started, however this week, 6th place every day since the new contest opened and have noticed that the numbers of facs for competing neighborhoods range from 409 to 461 this week. Its no big deal as I don't rely on the NCC for fc, find the other 2 types much more satisfying to do. The NCC seems to drain everyone's storage and that is causing a few problems with some people, just had another neighbor message me to say they will not be playing for that reason. I think this is the main reason people quit the NCC. Just my humble opinion, :)