PDA

View Full Version : Discussions about Neighborhood Chains Contest

Taz D
Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
All Discussions about the Neighborhood Chains Contest

Hi, due to the number of posts we are receiving in relation to Neighborhood Chains Contest in the feedback section we have decided to make an Official thread for the topic. If you wish to provide feedback on this topic please post in this thread.

We are aware that there are some grey areas between feedback and suggestions, however if you only want to make a suggestion we ask that you post in the Suggestion section.

We will endeavor to allow a bit more latitude in this section than in the other sections of the forum, however, please bear in mind we must stave off chaos.

Debates are allowed but posts which go beyond simple debates and fall into attacks against another member or out right name calling, or take a thread completely off track, will be removed.

Dulcinea
Feb 09 2018, 02:49 PM
I know I read somewhere on this forum about a neighbor with 0 points showing up in the NCC. This week it happened to me. A neighbor with two coin facilities and no points is showing at the bottom of my list. In the total scheme of things, it's not likely to make any difference, but did anyone ever figure out how that can happen?

Taz D
Feb 09 2018, 03:15 PM
I know I read somewhere on this forum about a neighbor with 0 points showing up in the NCC. This week it happened to me. A neighbor with two coin facilities and no points is showing at the bottom of my list. In the total scheme of things, it's not likely to make any difference, but did anyone ever figure out how that can happen?
Hi Dulcinea,
Not sure how this can happen unless they have moved a facility that is in the contest and ended up getting removed. They may show up still in your list but will have 0 points because they were disqualified.

Dulcinea
Feb 09 2018, 09:09 PM
Hi Dulcinea,
Not sure how this can happen unless they have moved a facility that is in the contest and ended up getting removed. They may show up still in your list but will have 0 points because they were disqualified.

Well, I just checked and she has 102 points now, so she can't have been disqualified. Must've been some kind of glitch, I suppose. Thanks, Taz.

AnnetteH
Feb 18 2018, 11:52 PM
How often does the NCC get updated? An unfriended person is still on my list for awhile now. Just saying that NCC is not accurate. :confused:

Taz D
Feb 18 2018, 11:59 PM
How often does the NCC get updated? An unfriended person is still on my list for awhile now. Just saying that NCC is not accurate. :confused:
Hi AnnetteH,
Did you remove yourself as their neighbor and remove them as your neighbor before you unfriended them? If not that is why they would show on your list.

MOM GLENDA
Mar 30 2018, 04:59 PM
i have stoped trying .i get what i get .i got neighbors who get number one every week but when i have number one in the neighborhood and work hard to stay number one i get moved to 3 on wed .so i gave up not worth trying anymore .since i can only post in the farmtown page not many working my facilitys about ready to stop playing since facebook will not fix this problem.also upset where i will not buy anymore cash unless the elbony lumber is increased in the sawmills or remove some of the things we making using elbony lumber also want to post faciltys to my timeline.if it stays the same i will never buy cash again.

Taz D
Mar 30 2018, 05:02 PM
i have stoped trying .i get what i get .i got neighbors who get number one every week but when i have number one in the neighborhood and work hard to stay number one i get moved to 3 on wed .so i gave up not worth trying anymore .since i can only post in the farmtown page not many working my facilitys about ready to stop playing since facebook will not fix this problem.also upset where i will not buy anymore cash unless the elbony lumber is increased in the sawmills or remove some of the things we making using elbony lumber also want to post faciltys to my timeline.if it stays the same i will never buy cash again.
Hi Glenda,
Facebook has a ticket open to fix the posting problem. You could always tell your Farm Town friends to look on the Show Wall Requests for your posts.

Chattin
Apr 07 2018, 02:08 PM
The whole NCC thing does not make a lot of sense to me Granny. Typically I see the same people on my neighbor list each week. Typically, only a handful of those neighbors seem to be actually making any effort to actually play that part of the game.... the rest do very little or nothing at all. There was one person this week who had 1 point at the end.

What really frosts me though is when I work hard to increase the point total for everyone but still end up getting very little for my efforts, yet once the weeks ends, I start getting "Thank you for helping me win 1st place" me messages from the people who are supposedly in my neighborhood.... even people who had very few points in my NCC list.

It makes no sense at all..... and just encourages people not to bother to play as far as I can see.

marymarcel
Apr 07 2018, 02:14 PM
The whole NCC thing does not make a lot of sense to me Granny. Typically I see the same people on my neighbor list each week. Typically, only a handful of those neighbors seem to be actually making any effort to actually play that part of the game.... the rest do very little or nothing at all. There was one person this week who had 1 point at the end.

What really frosts me though is when I work hard to increase the point total for everyone but still end up getting very little for my efforts, yet once the weeks ends, I start getting "Thank you for helping me win 1st place" me messages from the people who are supposedly in my neighborhood.... even people who had very few points in my NCC list.

It makes no sense at all..... and just encourages people not to bother to play as far as I can see.

Hi Chattin :)

I moved your post to general feedback for NCC as you are not posting a problem.

jnorton720
Apr 08 2018, 02:33 PM
I am a cheap poor senior playing. Cannot buy many cash facilities but I did when I was younger!

jnorton720
Apr 08 2018, 02:39 PM
Hi Steve,
You can't remove it. Consider the fact that you are only part of the Neighborhood chain with your neighbors. You contribute what you can to the group. It is a total of the group that determines who wins for the week. So you can still have a chance to win.
A lot of us are seniors and cannot buy cash facilities. I am a long time player and have bought cash facilities in the past. Now I cannot. I think many of us in this position work the game daily thus contributing to the game as a whole. Would like it if less emphasis in chain and other places on cash facilities. Or give us credit for playing many years and giving and working with many friends.

Taz D
Apr 08 2018, 02:42 PM
A lot of us are seniors and cannot buy cash facilities. I am a long time player and have bought cash facilities in the past. Now I cannot. I think many of us in this position work the game daily thus contributing to the game as a whole. Would like it if less emphasis in chain and other places on cash facilities. Or give us credit for playing many years and giving and working with many friends.
Hi jnorton,
If you want to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where we organize the suggestions by subject for the developers to see. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

JuliesNotGoofy
Apr 15 2018, 06:55 AM
I don't understand why I finish in 10th place every single week in the Neighborhood Chains Contest. I have all the facilities and I post them twice a day nearly every single day. I get good response. No matter how hard I work I always finish in last place. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong?

Taz D
Apr 15 2018, 12:05 PM
I don't understand why I finish in 10th place every single week in the Neighborhood Chains Contest. I have all the facilities and I post them twice a day nearly every single day. I get good response. No matter how hard I work I always finish in last place. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong?
Hi JuliesNotGoofy,
As the title says Neighborhood that means that you are not working just by yourself. Your neighbors have to contribute too, by working your facilities as well as loading their own and you working theirs so they can reload also.
There are some changes that are in the works to change the way the contest works and give you better control of your entry in the contest to make it more competitive.

Santmyer
May 26 2018, 01:21 PM
I have played the NCC since it was first offered and do not plan to stop playing them anytime soon. I get really peeved that I try my best and am consistently in 7th, 8th, or 9th position. I own at least one of every facility. Every week, when the contest ends I get "thank yous" from many neighbors that whom I have helped rank bonus high that I know do not play as often as I do. This tells me that evidently I am not receiving the same amount of help that I am giving and that if you are a higher level player, you are put in with so called peers that I cannot keep up with. Very discouraging as I have played farm town since the beginning and have supported the game financially all those years. Again I have no intentions of stopping the NCC play, but I may not put forth the effort that I have been giving to this point. Team play is definitely what it is cracked up to be in farm town.

Taz D
May 26 2018, 01:59 PM
I have played the NCC since it was first offered and do not plan to stop playing them anytime soon. I get really peeved that I try my best and am consistently in 7th, 8th, or 9th position. I own at least one of every facility. Every week, when the contest ends I get "thank yous" from many neighbors that whom I have helped rank bonus high that I know do not play as often as I do. This tells me that evidently I am not receiving the same amount of help that I am giving and that if you are a higher level player, you are put in with so called peers that I cannot keep up with. Very discouraging as I have played farm town since the beginning and have supported the game financially all those years. Again I have no intentions of stopping the NCC play, but I may not put forth the effort that I have been giving to this point. Team play is definitely what it is cracked up to be in farm town.
Hi Santmyer,
I moved your post to the General Feedback subject thread about the NCC as you are not asking a question or have a problem we can help you with.

craftyoldlady7
Jun 03 2018, 03:58 PM
I think there is something wrong with the way you decide who is in your neighborhood chain. It seems that it is the same 3 or 4 neighbors who keep winning the farm cash. I usually end up in 8, 9, or 10 place. I would be nice to win a couple farm cash a couple times a yr. I put in 4 or 5 hrs a day working the farm and beginning to think it is not as much fun as it use to be when everyone had a fair chance to win. At first you were in chains with friends at approximately the same chance to win. Think you need to find a way to make the chains a little more fair.

Taz D
Jun 03 2018, 04:08 PM
I think there is something wrong with the way you decide who is in your neighborhood chain. It seems that it is the same 3 or 4 neighbors who keep winning the farm cash. I usually end up in 8, 9, or 10 place. I would be nice to win a couple farm cash a couple times a yr. I put in 4 or 5 hrs a day working the farm and beginning to think it is not as much fun as it use to be when everyone had a fair chance to win. At first you were in chains with friends at approximately the same chance to win. Think you need to find a way to make the chains a little more fair.
Hi craftyoldlady,
The developers did announce that they are working on some changes to how the contest will work, but have not released the changes yet. How the teams are chosen for the contests is to try to compete against those with the same amount or as close as it is possible to the same number of facilities. From that it depends on how many neigfhbors you have in your team and how much work all of those do to help each other.

NJones277
Jun 09 2018, 10:27 PM
I hate to keep posting about this, but something has to be done about making this contest fair. Just a quick check and I find that one of my neighbors that has a team I'm competing against is on my team as well. That's unfair to her, that every time she accumulates points in goes to my team, too. Also, I'm on a neighbor's team that I'm competing against, so all my points go to her team as well. I know the devs are working on this, but enough is enough. They either need to suspend the contest until it's fixed or get some new rules.

Yes, I know the avatar names of most people I play FT with. I've also double checked with these people I mention to confirm what's going on this week.

Taz D
Jun 09 2018, 10:44 PM
I hate to keep posting about this, but something has to be done about making this contest fair. Just a quick check and I find that one of my neighbors that has a team I'm competing against is on my team as well. That's unfair to her, that every time she accumulates points in goes to my team, too. Also, I'm on a neighbor's team that I'm competing against, so all my points go to her team as well. I know the devs are working on this, but enough is enough. They either need to suspend the contest until it's fixed or get some new rules.

Yes, I know the avatar names of most people I play FT with. I've also double checked with these people I mention to confirm what's going on this week.
Hi NJones,
You are only 1 part of her team as she is only 1 part of your team. So only the points you make (not your total team's points) go on her total as well as her points (not her team's points) go on your total. Those are only small parts of your totals.

The contest is not going to be suspended. You are grouped against teams that start out with the same number (or as close as can be) of facilities in the contest. If you are neighbors and competing against each other it is because there were not enough other teams with near the same amount of facilities. There is nothing they can do about this if there are not enough others for you to compete against. You have the option of not competing in the cointests by unchecking the box in your preferences for "Enable NCC"
Yes the developers are working on changing some of the way the points are accumulated, but that in not going to change who you are competing against due to the limited number of competitors that have the same amount of facilities as you do.

NJones277
Jun 09 2018, 11:02 PM
Taz,
I know how the contest works and the parameters of selecting the teams. One big problem is, you don't know how many facs the teams are going to buy after the rankings come out. It's usually a lot. Changes things quite a bit. I also know that I'm only one member of the team as is my neighbor. However, I have an individual score in the millions of points every week. Not a trivial amount. We're not getting a clear picture of competition with some people contributing to the same team. I love the contest, just wish, with the 2.5 million players that FT has, the game would be able to be more fair to everyone. Maybe not all the people are playing, and I'm sure the game has lost competitors when they see what's happening. And that's a shame. Just trying to assure the fairness. Don't need the lecture. That's not why I wrote to the forum. I only wanted to give you information that you may not have otherwise.

Taz D
Jun 09 2018, 11:24 PM
Taz,
I know how the contest works and the parameters of selecting the teams. One big problem is, you don't know how many facs the teams are going to buy after the rankings come out. It's usually a lot. Changes things quite a bit. I also know that I'm only one member of the team as is my neighbor. However, I have an individual score in the millions of points every week. Not a trivial amount. We're not getting a clear picture of competition with some people contributing to the same team. I love the contest, just wish, with the 2.5 million players that FT has, the game would be able to be more fair to everyone. Maybe not all the people are playing, and I'm sure the game has lost competitors when they see what's happening. And that's a shame. Just trying to assure the fairness. Don't need the lecture. That's not why I wrote to the forum. I only wanted to give you information that you may not have otherwise.
Hi NJones,
I have moved these posts to the General Feedback discussion about the NCC as they are not about a specific problem such as a missing facility.

The NCC is as fair as they can make it as far as choosing the competing teams. There isn't any other way they can choose who competes against who. The changes they are working on if they can be done should balance out the competition some and give everyone a better chance to win.

Those who have a high amount of facilities and neighbors or an extremely low number of facilities and neighbors will tend to be competing against some of their neighbors on occasion. There just are not that many in those two groups to compete against. There isn't any way around that unless they allow a wider spread in total facilities and that caused problems in the beginning for unfair competition.

Caren Katsmom
Jun 19 2018, 10:29 AM
Is there any update on when the changes will happen in the NCC? The game updates were telling us they were coming... then stopped mentioning them completely (unless I missed something?). I own every FC facility, and multiples of coin facilities, and as others have already mentioned... I'm consistently at the very bottom of my contest. The winner generally has 3 times as many points as I do. But I realized early on that we have to make a choice about our friends and neighbors. I choose to remain neighbors with players who don't use their facilities as much as I do. I also realized that there is much more Farm Cash to earn by doing Quests (both kinds). I put my energy toward those, and regularly earn the FC I never earn from the NCC. In my personal opinion, I don't think the NCC can be fixed to be fair to all players... because the way it is now, the NCC is profitable for Slashkey as players buy more FC facilities to compete for the top. I don't have a problem with this. It's a smart business move, IMO. But I look forward to seeing what Raul and his excellent team can come up with, because if there is a way to make the NCC more fair and still retain the financial profits for Slashkey, they will find it. :)

Taz D
Jun 19 2018, 11:21 AM
Is there any update on when the changes will happen in the NCC? The game updates were telling us they were coming... then stopped mentioning them completely (unless I missed something?). I own every FC facility, and multiples of coin facilities, and as others have already mentioned... I'm consistently at the very bottom of my contest. The winner generally has 3 times as many points as I do. But I realized early on that we have to make a choice about our friends and neighbors. I choose to remain neighbors with players who don't use their facilities as much as I do. I also realized that there is much more Farm Cash to earn by doing Quests (both kinds). I put my energy toward those, and regularly earn the FC I never earn from the NCC. In my personal opinion, I don't think the NCC can be fixed to be fair to all players... because the way it is now, the NCC is profitable for Slashkey as players buy more FC facilities to compete for the top. I don't have a problem with this. It's a smart business move, IMO. But I look forward to seeing what Raul and his excellent team can come up with, because if there is a way to make the NCC more fair and still retain the financial profits for Slashkey, they will find it. :)
Hi Caren,
We have not had any more word on this change. Apparently as it kept getting postponed they are having trouble implementing this.

rodkay1@bigpond.com
Jul 31 2018, 08:06 AM
I am yet another one that cannot understand NCC. Supposed to be evenly balanced but other neighbourhoods have 56 more facilities than mine. Everyone needs neighbours but have found many only work their facilities once to enter contest and then depend on neighbours to do all the work. We cannot delete these neighbours as we need as many as possible. It is very frustrating. Think I will close NCC until some fairer system is worked out. Thanks for letting me have a rant.

max_river
Jul 31 2018, 02:55 PM
After this week is done I think i am going to stop playing. like others have said it is always the same people winning. The hightest I been is five. also I have notice you can be higher than someone then on last night they are now a head of me..

Kaytutt
Aug 05 2018, 03:37 PM
Highest I have ever managed is 6th, I work hard at the NCC and work hard on my neighbours farms in order to try and improve my ranking but there's no chance when every week you're matched with impossible to beat rivals

Muffie1943
Aug 15 2018, 12:21 PM
I have neighbors in this game who have 20 to 30 Farm Cash facilities Every Week. Do folks actually spend $100 a week on Farm Cash items?? They literally purchase every Neighborhood Chain contest. The rest of us who don't spend $100 a week on this game have no chance of winning the $2 FC ever!!

Tiger
Aug 15 2018, 12:59 PM
I have neighbors in this game who have 20 to 30 Farm Cash facilities Every Week. Do folks actually spend $100 a week on Farm Cash items?? They literally purchase every Neighborhood Chain contest. The rest of us who don't spend $100 a week on this game have no chance of winning the $2 FC ever!!

Hi Muffie1943,

I moved your post to general feedback so others can respond to you.

You will be competing against similar neighbourhoods to your own. Your neighbourhood consists of your facilites and your neighbours facilites, who are participating in the contest. You will start out with competing neighbourhoods similar to what yours has. However there is nothing stopping anyone from adding more facilities to their neighbourhood after the competing neighbourhoods are chosen.

garylr
Sep 01 2018, 06:32 PM
Are there so few people playing the Neighborhood chains that you cannot make the weekly competition competitive? It is now Sat afternoon. The top 4 neighborhoods are in the 300,000 to 400,000, and the 5 through 10 are 170,000 and below. I realize that players do not play with the same intensity each week, but at this point in the week there is no chance for the 5th ranked team to even get to 3rd place. This is a pretty common occurrence. Is this the best you can do to make this game competitive?

Taz D
Sep 01 2018, 06:40 PM
Are there so few people playing the Neighborhood chains that you cannot make the weekly competition competitive? It is now Sat afternoon. The top 4 neighborhoods are in the 300,000 to 400,000, and the 5 through 10 are 170,000 and below. I realize that players do not play with the same intensity each week, but at this point in the week there is no chance for the 5th ranked team to even get to 3rd place. This is a pretty common occurrence. Is this the best you can do to make this game competitive?
Hi garylr,
I am sure that the developers would like to make the NCC more competitve, but it doses require participation. Selecting the 10 competing teams currently is done by the number of facilities each team has. They can't choose them by how many points they have accrued before the teams are selected. They have been looking to try to make it more competitive, but have not released any changes for that as yet.

RozeeS
Sep 24 2018, 02:13 AM
The problem for me is getting people on my team who load their facilities. They maybe load one for a quest or just to join for the week then they don't do anymore. And dare I say there are some people who just load a facility and do nothing else because they are relying on their neighbours to do the work for them, because at the end of the week they get some rewards even if they are coming in near the bottom; but I find that often they are getting higher than I do and that is for doing virtually nothing!

I find this contest extremely unfair. I recently started doing it again after a long time but nothing has improved. The highest I ever got was 3rd way back when but I am mostly in around the middle to bottom after the week due to my hard work. Other teams I am competing against usually have 3 or 4 times more points than my team can get. I know I should get more FB farm town neighourbours who participate in this event but this is often easier said than done. Maybe I will look into getting some quality neighbours LOL.

I don't know what the solution is to make this a fairer contest. Maybe looking at the quality of facilities instead of quantity? Limiting people to only 1 FC facility and 1 of regular facility of each kind instead of allowing as many as they have and plus? Perhaps being able to remove those from my team who don't make any effort. It seems people are added as soon as they load a facility. I don't feel I want to remove them from my neighbour list or tell them to disable the NCC. It's not for me to tell them.

Maybe there could be a side contest for individuals that come top on their team? I will keep doing them for now because it does help to get a few extra items, although obviously the aim is to get to the top!

MOM GLENDA
Oct 07 2018, 11:09 AM
think it best i stop doing the neighborhood chain.it does not matter if i post or have 2 of each of the factorys showing the same group gets the 2 dollars every week same group gets the one dollar.only way i can see anyone else to get 2 or 1 dollar is to add one neighbor a differant neighbor every week to theses groups so they get a chance also . some things are not fair .us older in age players are doing the best we can.i be 76 in march have played i think since april 2009 thanks i love farmtown

atvchick95
Oct 08 2018, 10:34 PM
Is there a step-by step- page on how to work this ? I play it off and on - which is why I love this one and the quest - it's not mandatory ! like some other games. I won't play those that make quests or things like this mandatory! If I'm not in the mood to participate I'm not going to it's that simple lol

But I'm not sure I am doing it correctly I only have 3 people this week doing the NC, and it's only 3 because My sister is back to playing farm town now that we're in the fall season (LOL we do too much gardening in the summer to do too much on here), but I know at least on my neighborhood list I have 1 other person who I think does these Neighborhood Chain event, however he's no longer on my actual FB friends list, so I'm not positive. But if he's not on my Facebook friends list and still my neighbor on game, and if he's doing the NC would he show up as part of my group? if so then maybe he'll click it one time soon so I'll have 4 in my group instead of 2/3 :)

But What I've been doing is a few times a day I go empty out my faculties (Store all/cash out) re load what needs to be reloaded, then I click the crate and go to the Neighborhood chain event, and do the buildings there (some times I have all 4 sometimes not) Am I supposed to go work the neighbors in my group's facilities as well , or do we each just do our own buildings that's for the event? Also this week one of the buildings is a bakery I actually have 2 of those on 2 different farms but it is only using one, is this normal or is there a way I can add the 2nd one? Or is it just 1 per person of each building.

and I was reading through some of the comments on here about how they think it's unfair due to them not being able to afford FC buildings.. I too am on a fixed income I haven't bought FC in many many many years (I have been playing Farm town for over 10 years I started on Myspace :D ) however, When I get enough FC built up, if there is not a Tool or anything I need or want, I'll just go buy a random building/ facility , this is why sometimes I have all the facilities needed for this event, and sometimes I only have the 2 that take coins, sometimes I only have 1 FC building and the 2 coin bought ones, in the event. And honestly the handful of times I did buy FC I bought Farming tools with it :-D b/c I use those more personally than I do the Facilities, This event actually makes me work mine more I usually only do them once a week lol But I just wanted to add this in to say - You don't need to use real money to buy the FC buildings, just let your FC build up and get one here and there, You can even click the tab that says "EARN Cash" and do some of the survey sites, or the games on there I have done that in the past as well to earn FC And don't feel pressured into buying them just for this event, Last week I only had the 2 coin bought buildings and it was only me and 1 other person in my group doing this event. We came in 7th, week before - same scenario we came in 5th . I honestly do think it's done fairly, and I've yet to see the same group of people on my list of neighborhoods in this event, so I can say not the same ones win every week!

Taz D
Oct 08 2018, 10:47 PM
Hi atvchick,
There is a complete explanation in the Game Guide Chapter 31 about the Neighborhood Chains Contest. Here is a link to that:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846

After you read that if you have any questions about it post them in the Help & Support subject thread about the contest:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621818

Is there a step-by step- page on how to work this ? I play it off and on - which is why I love this one and the quest - it's not mandatory ! like some other games. I won't play those that make quests or things like this mandatory! If I'm not in the mood to participate I'm not going to it's that simple lol

But I'm not sure I am doing it correctly I only have 3 people this week doing the NC, and it's only 3 because My sister is back to playing farm town now that we're in the fall season (LOL we do too much gardening in the summer to do too much on here), but I know at least on my neighborhood list I have 1 other person who I think does these Neighborhood Chain event, however he's no longer on my actual FB friends list, so I'm not positive. But if he's not on my Facebook friends list and still my neighbor on game, and if he's doing the NC would he show up as part of my group? if so then maybe he'll click it one time soon so I'll have 4 in my group instead of 2/3 :)

But What I've been doing is a few times a day I go empty out my faculties (Store all/cash out) re load what needs to be reloaded, then I click the crate and go to the Neighborhood chain event, and do the buildings there (some times I have all 4 sometimes not) Am I supposed to go work the neighbors in my group's facilities as well , or do we each just do our own buildings that's for the event? Also this week one of the buildings is a bakery I actually have 2 of those on 2 different farms but it is only using one, is this normal or is there a way I can add the 2nd one? Or is it just 1 per person of each building.

and I was reading through some of the comments on here about how they think it's unfair due to them not being able to afford FC buildings.. I too am on a fixed income I haven't bought FC in many many many years (I have been playing Farm town for over 10 years I started on Myspace :D ) however, When I get enough FC built up, if there is not a Tool or anything I need or want, I'll just go buy a random building/ facility , this is why sometimes I have all the facilities needed for this event, and sometimes I only have the 2 that take coins, sometimes I only have 1 FC building and the 2 coin bought ones, in the event. And honestly the handful of times I did buy FC I bought Farming tools with it :-D b/c I use those more personally than I do the Facilities, This event actually makes me work mine more I usually only do them once a week lol But I just wanted to add this in to say - You don't need to use real money to buy the FC buildings, just let your FC build up and get one here and there, You can even click the tab that says "EARN Cash" and do some of the survey sites, or the games on there I have done that in the past as well to earn FC And don't feel pressured into buying them just for this event, Last week I only had the 2 coin bought buildings and it was only me and 1 other person in my group doing this event. We came in 7th, week before - same scenario we came in 5th . I honestly do think it's done fairly, and I've yet to see the same group of people on my list of neighborhoods in this event, so I can say not the same ones win every week!

atvchick95
Oct 08 2018, 11:09 PM

Vivienne57
Feb 19 2019, 02:53 AM
Hi, I was just wondering, I thought that if you were neighbours with each other your neighbour would possibly appear in your NCC and you in theirs. Over the last two weeks I have been pitted against one of my neighbours in the NCC and I don't like it...lol. Is this right. It's never happened before. Thanks

Tiger
Feb 19 2019, 04:54 AM
Hi, I was just wondering, I thought that if you were neighbours with each other your neighbour would possibly appear in your NCC and you in theirs. Over the last two weeks I have been pitted against one of my neighbours in the NCC and I don't like it...lol. Is this right. It's never happened before. Thanks

Hi Vivienne,

Yes is is possible for that to happen.

Tractor Man
Apr 20 2019, 01:17 AM
I am curious to see if anyone else has encountered this.

90-95% of the time our neighborhood chains group has the same person leading every Saturday morning when the group is revealed. No one has a chance to catch them as they come in with a massive amount of points. This really take the fun out of competing and I wonder if this is due to whatever algorithm Farm Town uses to select the groups, if so I think it may need tweaked a little to even the playing field.

Thanks for a great game, been with you from the start.

Tiger
Apr 20 2019, 05:25 AM
I am curious to see if anyone else has encountered this.

90-95% of the time our neighborhood chains group has the same person leading every Saturday morning when the group is revealed. No one has a chance to catch them as they come in with a massive amount of points. This really take the fun out of competing and I wonder if this is due to whatever algorithm Farm Town uses to select the groups, if so I think it may need tweaked a little to even the playing field.

Thanks for a great game, been with you from the start.

Hi Tractor Man,

I have moved your post to General Feedback, Discussions about Neighborhood Chains Contest, as you do not have a error with the NCC but are asking for responses from those experiencing something similar to yourself. In this area members are able to discuss the NCC in general, leaving the Help and Support area free for posting errors with the feature.

Now, I am not sure if you are referring to one of your Neighbours in your Neighbourhood having a considerable amount of points compared to your own points, or a Competing Neighbourhood having considerable more points than your neighbourhood so I will just try to explain what is possible to happen. The method of gaining a lot of points is basically the same.

This what developers said about how the Neighbourhoods are picked for the NCC when it was released:

"The fact that you may have less advanced neighbours in lower levels or with less facilities doesn't diminish your neighbourhood chances to do well in the contest because we group the competing neighbourhoods based on their strength.

In other words, less advanced neighbourhoods will be competing with other less advanced neighbourhoods. More advanced neighbourhoods will be competing with other more advanced neighbourhoods."

How many similar Neighbourhoods there are for each scenario or exactly what is criteria needs to be met for any scenario, is unknown to us, but if you find you are competing against the same neighbourhoods week after week then it may be that there aren't that many to choose from, that have a similar strength as your neighbourhood, which is why you keep seeing the same ones.

The NCC is all about how much XP (points) each Neighbourhood can earn by loading/starting products in the facilities in the contest throughout the week. In the simplest terms, if your neighbourhood is getting beat by another, that just means that they are, and are able to, refill their facilities more often than your neighbourhood does, thereby gaining themselves more points.

How it is possible to get a lot of points, is by doing the following:

There is no rule that says to you can't add more facilites to the contest during the week, either before the Competing Neighbourhoods are picked or after they are picked. There is no limit to the amount of facilites that can be added to the contest other than the cost and being limited to putting only one of each facility on every farm (and there is a limit as to how many facilites, in total, can be placed on a farm, so even if they wanted to and could afford to, that might not be possible for some). However this isn't going to help much IF you don't have a lot of friends to be able to work them, you don't keep refilling them, or don't have the products needed to fill them repeatedly.

Each friend that works your facilities gets/works 20% of what is pending in them. So, if the facility is full, the 1st person gets/works 20% of 100%, the 2nd gets/works 20% of the 80% that is left, and the next person 20% of what is left after that and so on until there is nothing left.

Now, to get the most points out of the facilities you and your neighbourhood has, can be labour intensive and not everyone is able or willing to do this. You would need to keep topping them back up to 100% every time someone worked them so the bigger amount was worked each time. To be able to do that you would not only need a lot of friends to work them so that you could refill them over and over again, you also need to have the the time to be able to refill all day long AND the products to be able to keep the contest facilities full.

Now, if all or even just some of the Neighbours in a Competing Neighbourhood does just something like the latter, and you and your Neighbourhood are not able to do that, it is possible for a Competing Neighbourhood with less facilities than Your Neighbourhood to get many more points than yours. The difference, particularly in advanced neighbourhoods, could run into millions of points.

Although the game makes selections so you will be competing against similar neighbourhoods, it doesn't mean those neighbourhoods will be exactly the same and there is no way the game can predict what anyone is going to do with their NCC at any time after that.

jeemersmom
Apr 21 2019, 05:53 PM
Increasing the farm cash prizes in the Neighborhood Chains Contest would make everyone happy. Devs want us to buy more facilities and we would like to do so if we had the $$$. Making the top prize $5 farm cash and down to $1 for fifth prize would allow many to build bank accounts to the point where we could purchase new facilities more qujickly...making us happy and making the devs happy because their pockets would be better lined.

Taz D
Apr 21 2019, 06:11 PM
Increasing the farm cash prizes in the Neighborhood Chains Contest would make everyone happy. Devs want us to buy more facilities and we would like to do so if we had the $$$. Making the top prize $5 farm cash and down to $1 for fifth prize would allow many to build bank accounts to the point where we could purchase new facilities more qujickly...making us happy and making the devs happy because their pockets would be better lined.
Hi jeemersmom,
To make a suggestion the developers will see, you need to post it in the Suggestions section where we organize the suggestions by subject for the developers to view and not in the feedback section. In the Suggestions section you can not start a new thread but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

Kaytutt
Apr 27 2019, 11:16 AM
I participate in the NCC avidly, most weeks buying a facility I am missing then posting my facs at least daily, sometimes twice a day as well as helping my neighbours with their facs. Most weeks I end up at around 7th place in the contest, occasionally I will be 6th or 8th and only once in the many months of participating have I managed to come top of the leaderboard and achieve a farmcash prize. On checking today I’m in 10th place with 584k, top of the leaderboard is over 1 million. After much effort and expense I’ve decided that participating is pointless. I’m out :(

NJones277
May 01 2019, 08:47 PM
I really hate posting another complaint about this contest, however, the definition of a contest is to compete against others, not yourself. When this particular contest started, I was in 2nd place. But I'm in the neighborhood of the 4 that are ahead of me now thanks to my score. I will finish in 5th. I don't want to stop competing, but there has to be a way to make this contest more fair.

Taz D
May 01 2019, 09:14 PM
I really hate posting another complaint about this contest, however, the definition of a contest is to compete against others, not yourself. When this particular contest started, I was in 2nd place. But I'm in the neighborhood of the 4 that are ahead of me now thanks to my score. I will finish in 5th. I don't want to stop competing, but there has to be a way to make this contest more fair.
Hi NJones,

I moved your post to the General Feedback thread about the NCC as you are not asking for help about a problem you have or asking a question about the contest.
Even though you may be competing against 4 of your neighbors, you don't all have the same group of neighbors. Even though your points are applied to all of their totals, their points they add are also added to your total. Any additional points come from your other neighbors and their additional points come from their other neighbors.
Though competing against your own neighbors is not common, it does happen if there are not enough others that have nearly the same amount of facilities to start with.
If you have a suggestion on how to make the contest fairer then please post it in the Suggestions section.

Conjetta
May 02 2019, 09:00 PM
In February 2018, we were told the NCC would be changed to be more fair. Every week, I work my facilities dry trying to do well in the contest. This week, I again placed in the bottom half. Every week, I receive gifts from neighbors saying I helped them in get into the top 3 positions. These are from people who never work my facilities and never post theirs. They are being rewarded for my work. I've turned off the NCC. I have had enough.

Taz D
May 02 2019, 09:12 PM
In February 2018, we were told the NCC would be changed to be more fair. Every week, I work my facilities dry trying to do well in the contest. This week, I again placed in the bottom half. Every week, I receive gifts from neighbors saying I helped them in get into the top 3 positions. These are from people who never work my facilities and never post theirs. They are being rewarded for my work. I've turned off the NCC. I have had enough.
Hi Conjetta,
I moved your post to the General Feedback subject thread about the NCC as you are not asking a question or posting about a problem we can help with.

leighwj1960
May 03 2019, 09:32 AM

This is why I really don't try to "win" this part of the game. I will post my production facilities about once a day and my service ones a couple of times a week but that's about all I'm doing. I would rather put my effort into the regular or co-op quests where I can actually have a chance at winning something

Vivienne57
Jul 06 2019, 02:07 AM
FT why, suddenly do we have our own neighbours pitted against us in the NCC, it's not fair. The reason I add friends as neighbours is because they play the NCC and are great contributors. I have two very good neighbours in my NCC but I am also pitted against them in the competing neighborhoods. It's not right

Taz D
Jul 06 2019, 10:31 AM
FT why, suddenly do we have our own neighbours pitted against us in the NCC, it's not fair. The reason I add friends as neighbours is because they play the NCC and are great contributors. I have two very good neighbours in my NCC but I am also pitted against them in the competing neighborhoods. It's not right
Hi Vivienne,
You only end up competing against a neighbor if there are not enough others with close enough amounts of facilities in the contest to fill all ten of the slots. This usually only effects those with large amounts of the facilities or those who have small amounts as there are not as many players at those levels of contest facilities.

Allykat
Jul 27 2019, 03:27 AM
Hi, there is an issue with my current coop quests..... one group has over 2 million points where everyone else at the higher levels has around 500 to 600 thousand or so points for the same number of facilities..... that seems to be a huge discrepancy.

Would you please look into this and fix.... I know there have been ways previously of cheating the systems and it would seem that someone has maybe found another one.

Tiger
Jul 27 2019, 04:19 AM
Hi, there is an issue with my current coop quests..... one group has over 2 million points where everyone else at the higher levels has around 500 to 600 thousand or so points for the same number of facilities..... that seems to be a huge discrepancy.

Would you please look into this and fix.... I know there have been ways previously of cheating the systems and it would seem that someone has maybe found another one.

Hi Allykat,

I have moved your post to the thread about the Neighborhood Chains Contest as I think that is what you mean, as you mention millions of points, so not co-operative quests.

I doubt there is any cheating going on. However if you see anyone post instructions on how they may be cheating the game you are welcome to report it to support so that method can be checked out.

It is possible for there to be millions of points difference between neighborhoods. A neighborhood can have less facilities and still beat one with more, in some cases by millions of points, simply because that neighborhoods facilities are being worked more often and reloaded more often.

How, may be down to that they have a considerable amount of friends that can and will work them, that they also have the products needed to refill as soon as someone works them and they have the time to be able to do that perhaps all day long.

Allykat
Jul 27 2019, 07:28 AM
thank you and yes I did mean the neighbourhood one ...... as far as I know though there are limits to the number of neighbours as I have tried to add more and it just drops other ones off.

I will look into any posting about this .... still seems a bit of an excessive difference though
cheers

Tiger
Jul 27 2019, 09:21 AM
thank you and yes I did mean the neighbourhood one ...... as far as I know though there are limits to the number of neighbours as I have tried to add more and it just drops other ones off.

I will look into any posting about this .... still seems a bit of an excessive difference though
cheers

Hi Allykat,

Yes there is a limit on the amount of neighbors you can have. It ranges from around 80 to 100 or even more, depending on how many will fit in the database.

Although your neighbors NCC points contribute to your contest, it's not just them that help you. Your other friends who work your facilities enable you to reload your own NCC facilities more often allowing you to contribute more points to your Neighborhood.

Cathalina
Sep 19 2019, 03:25 PM
What's happening? Are we only given 12 hrs to start the contest now? I logged on this morning ( after a late night at work last night) and while working and checking the new contest realized I didn't have many of the new facilities listed. Went to purchase 3 more and when I came back received a message telling me 'You have abandoned the neighborhood chains contest this week. A new one will start next Thursday at 12AM'
Not very happy that I can't play after being in it only minutes before! I saw no news on this....grrrrrr! Give us at least 24 hrs PLEASE!!!!

marymarcel
Sep 19 2019, 03:33 PM
What's happening? Are we only given 12 hrs to start the contest now? I logged on this morning ( after a late night at work last night) and while working and checking the new contest realized I didn't have many of the new facilities listed. Went to purchase 3 more and when I came back received a message telling me 'You have abandoned the neighborhood chains contest this week. A new one will start next Thursday at 12AM'
Not very happy that I can't play after being in it only minutes before! I saw no news on this....grrrrrr! Give us at least 24 hrs PLEASE!!!!

Hi Cathalina :)

Nothing has changed for the Neighbourhood Chain Contest.

You say you were purchasing some factories, if you placed them on a farm and then you moved them to storage to place them on other farms, then you abandoned the contest for this week. I'm sorry but that is the only rule for the NCC.

From the Game Guide for NCC

IMPORTANT: Once the facilites are entered into the contest you must NOT move them to storage or to another farm. If you do, you will see a generic warning message that you get when you store ANY facility. It will tell you the name of the facility you are about to store and that if you have any production in the facility, you will lose it. If you proceed, the facility will be removed from the farm, but you will be terminated from the contest. In order to remain in the contest, the facilities that are part of a Neighbourhood Chain must remain on the farm during the whole week of the contest.

You have full information in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846

Cathalina
Sep 19 2019, 05:25 PM
Hi Cathalina :)

Nothing has changed for the Neighbourhood Chain Contest.

You say you were purchasing some factories, if you placed them on a farm and then you moved them to storage to place them on other farms, then you abandoned the contest for this week. I'm sorry but that is the only rule for the NCC.

From the Game Guide for NCC

IMPORTANT: Once the facilites are entered into the contest you must NOT move them to storage or to another farm. If you do, you will see a generic warning message that you get when you store ANY facility. It will tell you the name of the facility you are about to store and that if you have any production in the facility, you will lose it. If you proceed, the facility will be removed from the farm, but you will be terminated from the contest. In order to remain in the contest, the facilities that are part of a Neighbourhood Chain must remain on the farm during the whole week of the contest.

You have full information in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621846

Thank you for your answer! That was it. I purchased and then decided to move it to another farm before playing. My mistake!! Thanks for explaining that, I had never seen that anywhere and was not paying attention. Cathalina

marymarcel
Sep 19 2019, 05:38 PM
Thank you for your answer! That was it. I purchased and then decided to move it to another farm before playing. My mistake!! Thanks for explaining that, I had never seen that anywhere and was not paying attention. Cathalina

You are very welcome Cathalina :)

RozeeS
Oct 10 2019, 07:54 AM
Why is it in the NCC that the person out in front in Number 1 position is always about 3x or more ahead in points than I am or those I am competing against.

I do wonder if "ghosting" facilities (a cheat) is bumping up peoples amount in those facilities?

From my experience if you have big neighbours with tons of xp points in your team there is no way you will get even close to the top 3. If you have people who are similar to you, with similar facilities and xp points then it is more like that you will get up the list higher.

Since I added people to do ships and help out with other things in FT some of those people who are my neighbours are double even treble my xp points amount I don't even come close to in the first 5 of the NCC competition where before I used too sometimes get in the top 3.

This needs to be a fairer contest. I am already thinking of reigning back on my playing time since everything takes too much time for little reward and also items constantly disappearing from my storage is also another issue!

Taz D
Oct 10 2019, 10:29 AM
Why is it in the NCC that the person out in front in Number 1 position is always about 3x or more ahead in points than I am or those I am competing against.

I do wonder if "ghosting" facilities (a cheat) is bumping up peoples amount in those facilities?

From my experience if you have big neighbours with tons of xp points in your team there is no way you will get even close to the top 3. If you have people who are similar to you, with similar facilities and xp points then it is more like that you will get up the list higher.

Since I added people to do ships and help out with other things in FT some of those people who are my neighbours are double even treble my xp points amount I don't even come close to in the first 5 of the NCC competition where before I used too sometimes get in the top 3.

This needs to be a fairer contest. I am already thinking of reigning back on my playing time since everything takes too much time for little reward and also items constantly disappearing from my storage is also another issue!
Hi RozeeS,
The developers try to make it as fair as possible. When the groups of contestants are chosen they try to get those who have the same or nearly the same number of facilities in their neighbors who are participating. That does not preclude them adding more facilities after the contestants have been grouped. Then it is just about how much you and your neighbors can fill those facilities and work them to reload again.

Vivienne57
Nov 09 2019, 01:44 AM
Farm Town I am so fed up of having my neighbours pitted against me in the NCC. Two of my neighbours that are in my NCC are going against me, it's not right. I have said this before and I will say it again The reason I add neighbours is to rely on their help and contributions to the NCC. I have 113 neighbours and according to the likes there are 2.4 million FT players so how come with all of these players my neighbours are in competition with me as well as being in my NCC.....it's not right. When the NCC first started it never happened now for some reason it's always happening!!!!!! I love FT and very rarely complain about anything but this is just silly.

Taz D
Nov 09 2019, 09:46 AM
Farm Town I am so fed up of having my neighbours pitted against me in the NCC. Two of my neighbours that are in my NCC are going against me, it's not right. I have said this before and I will say it again The reason I add neighbours is to rely on their help and contributions to the NCC. I have 113 neighbours and according to the likes there are 2.4 million FT players so how come with all of these players my neighbours are in competition with me as well as being in my NCC.....it's not right. When the NCC first started it never happened now for some reason it's always happening!!!!!! I love FT and very rarely complain about anything but this is just silly.
Hi vivienne,
There may be 2.4 million likes, but that doesn't mean there are 2.4 million current players. Just because people quit playing they do not necessarily remove their like.
The NCC competition groups are determined by how many facilities your neighborhood has collectively and matched against other neighborhoods that are close to that number. Sometimes the only way to do that is to use neighbors who have a similar number if there are not enough non-neighbors groups that are close to that total. If you look when the groups are first assigned you will see that the totals are close to the same number of facilities.

JohnAlbertini
Dec 09 2019, 10:01 AM
For the second week in a row I've had people go from 4 to 6 COIN facilities. You can't add coin facilities unless you add FC facilities (which they did not do) so the only way to go from 4 to 6 COIN facilities is to ADD neighbors, correct?

This seems quite unfair as the neighborhood has been CHANGED? Why is this happening mid-contest?

Taz D
Dec 09 2019, 04:22 PM
For the second week in a row I've had people go from 4 to 6 COIN facilities. You can't add coin facilities unless you add FC facilities (which they did not do) so the only way to go from 4 to 6 COIN facilities is to ADD neighbors, correct?

This seems quite unfair as the neighborhood has been CHANGED? Why is this happening mid-contest?
Hi John,
If you are looking at the totals in the third tab showing the neighborhoods you are competing with then they are not personally adding the facilities, but some of their neighbors may have joined their chain which would add more facilities. If those neighbors only have coin facilities then the total for those for that team would go up.

SeamsToBeSew
Jan 18 2020, 01:50 PM
I don't get why there needs to be a change in scoring, how does it help anything in the end result with this months update. The NCC is unfair to all in the first place, Allowing the same neighborhoods to win every week, and teams where they are at least trying end up below the top 3... I think if your going to give reward points it should be those in the neighborhood themselves, not to the 2 top neighborhoods. There is no incentive otherwise for people to work at improving there game if they see there own neighborhoods do not end up in the rps every once in awhile.

As of this week I am no longer playing the NCC, I just refuse to work so hard and spend my rps on additional facilities when the only reward for doing so is products, something I really do not need. I'd rather the products be something I needed. To me, there is just no incentive to play the NCC part of the game. So, Farm Town gets no more me using my own cash to buy FT rps for facilities. Yes I'll still buy new facilities, update other things, but I'm not going to play the NCC as long as it is unfair to individual neighborhoods. That's also a sad loss for my own neighborhood, I didn't just sit around and play once daily, I've ranked in the top 10 since I started playing the NCC, and in the last few months, top 3 to 5 because I stepped up my game. I won't be doing that anymore and that is a loss for my neighborhood points wise. Give me an incentive, give others an incentive to step up there play. Products are nice for new people, but even they will want to be in a top spot at some point also, when it's only products, there is no incentive.

Taz D
Jan 18 2020, 01:59 PM
I don't get why there needs to be a change in scoring, how does it help anything in the end result with this months update. The NCC is unfair to all in the first place, Allowing the same neighborhoods to win every week, and teams where they are at least trying end up below the top 3... I think if your going to give reward points it should be those in the neighborhood themselves, not to the 2 top neighborhoods. There is no incentive otherwise for people to work at improving there game if they see there own neighborhoods do not end up in the rps every once in awhile.

As of this week I am no longer playing the NCC, I just refuse to work so hard and spend my rps on additional facilities when the only reward for doing so is products, something I really do not need. I'd rather the products be something I needed. To me, there is just no incentive to play the NCC part of the game. So, Farm Town gets no more me using my own cash to buy FT rps for facilities. Yes I'll still buy new facilities, update other things, but I'm not going to play the NCC as long as it is unfair to individual neighborhoods. That's also a sad loss for my own neighborhood, I didn't just sit around and play once daily, I've ranked in the top 10 since I started playing the NCC, and in the last few months, top 3 to 5 because I stepped up my game. I won't be doing that anymore and that is a loss for my neighborhood points wise. Give me an incentive, give others an incentive to step up there play. Products are nice for new people, but even they will want to be in a top spot at some point also, when it's only products, there is no incentive.
Hi SeamsToBe Sew,
I have moved your post to the General Feedback subject thread for Discussions about the NCC as you are not asking a question or about a problem that we can help you with.

Lesly Daab
Jan 18 2020, 03:35 PM
cannot play in contest

Taz D
Jan 18 2020, 03:38 PM
cannot play in contest
Hi Lasly Daab,
Your last post about this was answered.

Your NCC is disabled in your game preferences.

http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameguide/preferences/Preference Bar - Preferences Icon.jpg Go to your game settings and add a check mark to Enable NCC then click the green check mark.

http://r1.slashkey.com/images/Tiger/PREF enable NCC.PNG

When you have done that and the new facilities show up in the NCC, make sure that you start a batch in one of the facilities from there BEFORE you load them via any other method like the facility on the farm or the Facility Manager.

kevat508
Mar 23 2020, 02:31 PM
SeamsToBeSew I agree entirely before i used to get in the top 2 often just by my own hard work . Now I've never been higher than 5 more often 8 or even 10. I just give up with it .

Vivienne57
Mar 28 2020, 03:44 AM
That's it I am not going to bother with the NCC anymore. I am so fed up of being pitted against my neighbours, 3 this week not just one. Why add neighbours to help with NCC score when they are just put against you, it's wrong. Thinking about giving up Ft altogether

Taz D
Mar 28 2020, 11:23 AM
That's it I am not going to bother with the NCC anymore. I am so fed up of being pitted against my neighbours, 3 this week not just one. Why add neighbours to help with NCC score when they are just put against you, it's wrong. Thinking about giving up Ft altogether
Hi Vivienne,
The game must choose 10 players that are close in the number of facilities available in the contest. Sometimes to do that it may only have a few to select from and thus your neighbors also end up as your competitors.

The difference now is your score that you add to those neighbors team are many points less than the amount you add to your own team. So your scores are not tied directly to each other as it depends on how many neighbors you have on your team and how much you can reload your own facilities.

Vivienne57
Apr 29 2020, 09:37 AM
Hi Vivienne,
The game must choose 10 players that are close in the number of facilities available in the contest. Sometimes to do that it may only have a few to select from and thus your neighbors also end up as your competitors.

The difference now is your score that you add to those neighbors team are many points less than the amount you add to your own team. So your scores are not tied directly to each other as it depends on how many neighbors you have on your team and how much you can reload your own facilities.

I still don't agree with putting our neighbours against us in the NCC it's not right. It never happened before when the NCC first started and wasn't like that for a long time. I am not the only one complaining about it. With so many playing Ft (2.4m) likes and I only have 114 neighbours I don't see the need to put neighbours against one another. If it wasn't for helping my neighbours out with the NCC I would not participate but then I would lose good neighbours. I am just so fed up with it as are a lot of players so why do it?

marymarcel
Apr 29 2020, 09:53 AM
I still don't agree with putting our neighbours against us in the NCC it's not right. It never happened before when the NCC first started and wasn't like that for a long time. I am not the only one complaining about it. With so many playing Ft (2.4m) likes and I only have 114 neighbours I don't see the need to put neighbours against one another. If it wasn't for helping my neighbours out with the NCC I would not participate but then I would lose good neighbours. I am just so fed up with it as are a lot of players so why do it?

Hi Vivienne :)

You may see there are 2.4m likes for the game, but that doesnt mean all those persons are still playing and/or they all are doing the NCC.

We have explained you why sometimes the neighborhoods you are competing against may have some of your own neighbors, but we cant do anything about that.

If you wish you can post your idea in Suggestions, but not sure something can be done if there are not many available neighborhoods with same strength to choose from.
You cant start a new thread there but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea.
This is the link to Suggestions

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Tractor Man
May 30 2020, 05:39 AM
I am also tiring of the NCC. There must be a better way to group the people playing, it always seems to be the same two or three who are in the top position by many many points ahead of everyone else. I would prefer to play to catch and go ahead of neighbor's but that is not possible when someone is 30,000 points ahead. I have every facility but unfortunately only have one neighbor who plays, everyone else has given up. Would it not be better to select groups by past playing history? At least then we should be closer together. Also I find it strange that sometimes you have two different neighbors with exactly the same points, how can that happen. Anyway I am also thinking about dropping the NCC game.

Linda Mayes
May 31 2020, 04:38 PM
I too am getting tired of seldom being in the top few. I used to be in the top category frequently but now I am seldom in the top.

leighwj1960
Sep 01 2020, 10:51 AM
For the first time ever I am doing pretty well in the NCC but because I am evidently competing against people on the other side of the world I am going to be lucky to get 5th or 6th place. Every night when I go to bed I am securely in 2nd place but when I get up I have dropped to 5th or 6th. It doesn't seem fair to compete against people who are 8-12 hours apart since they get the advantage considering that the new competition starts in the middle of my sleep schedule.

Taz D
Sep 01 2020, 11:00 AM
For the first time ever I am doing pretty well in the NCC but because I am evidently competing against people on the other side of the world I am going to be lucky to get 5th or 6th place. Every night when I go to bed I am securely in 2nd place but when I get up I have dropped to 5th or 6th. It doesn't seem fair to compete against people who are 8-12 hours apart since they get the advantage considering that the new competition starts in the middle of my sleep schedule.
Hi leighwj,
I have moved your post to the General Feedback subject thread about the NCC since you are offering feedback and not a problem that we can fix.
The contestants are chosen for each competing group by facilities in your's and their teams and not by location.
Look at the other side of the coin as you get the same advantage of being able to work while they are sleeping.

If you have a specific suggestion on how to change the contest then please post it in the Suggestions section.

leighwj1960
Sep 01 2020, 01:39 PM
Hi leighwj,
I have moved your post to the General Feedback subject thread about the NCC since you are offering feedback and not a problem that we can fix.
The contestants are chosen for each competing group by facilities in your's and their teams and not by location.
Look at the other side of the coin as you get the same advantage of being able to work while they are sleeping.

If you have a specific suggestion on how to change the contest then please post it in the Suggestions section.

Yes but since the contest ends several hours after I go to bed, I don't have the option of refilling my facilities again which could give me the push needed to stay ahead.

Taz D
Sep 01 2020, 02:14 PM
Yes but since the contest ends several hours after I go to bed, I don't have the option of refilling my facilities again which could give me the push needed to stay ahead.
Hi leighwj,
The contest ends at 12:00 midnight eastern time, so 11:00 PM for you.
If you want to make a suggestion for changing the NCC then please post it in the Suggestion section.

MOM GLENDA
Jun 16 2021, 09:51 PM
please stop putting me against players in the NCC that post everyday and 3 times a day . it is not fair .i got rhematoid arthritis and only post when my hands and fingers are not hurting bad. i guess you doing this because i played over 12 years and own all faciltys 2 of some of them. guess i should stop buying them then maybe i get put against people who post like i do and that one or two times a week. I should stop doing the NCC .

Taz D
Jun 16 2021, 10:06 PM
please stop putting me against players in the NCC that post everyday and 3 times a day . it is not fair .i got rhematoid arthritis and only post when my hands and fingers are not hurting bad. i guess you doing this because i played over 12 years and own all faciltys 2 of some of them. guess i should stop buying them then maybe i get put against people who post like i do and that one or two times a week. I should stop doing the NCC .
Hi Mom Glenda,
I am sorry, but the game picks the competitors by the amount of facilities in your neighborhood, which is you and all your neighbors that are playing at the time. It is not controlled by a human.

redjade27
Sep 12 2021, 05:49 PM
Usually I am grouped with others that I have a possibility of moving up. This week the highest I can get is 4th the other 3 are 4 or 5 times more than what I have. It is disheartening when the system does a poor job of grouping like levels. I will not work too hard as no chance of moving up. Just a comment.

JohnAlbertini
Oct 30 2021, 08:16 AM
VERY annoyed and fed up! An hour ago I was in #1 spot with 2nd place close but 3 & 4 at a little more than half my total, this on Sat morning. An HOUR later those that were 3 & 4 are FAR in front in 1 & 2 and I have ZERO chance of any FC.

HOW do they quadruple their points in ONE HOUR and run away from the other competitors? This is the 3rd or 4th week IN A ROW where I have ZERO chance to earn any FC and I know it by Saturday morning!!!

WTF do I BOTHER?!!!! How are the competitors selected, seems quite unfair that the SAME two people get ALL the FC week after week after week!!!

This is NOT a fair competition!!!

marymarcel
Oct 30 2021, 08:27 AM
VERY annoyed and fed up! An hour ago I was in #1 spot with 2nd place close but 3 & 4 at a little more than half my total, this on Sat morning. An HOUR later those that were 3 & 4 are FAR in front in 1 & 2 and I have ZERO chance of any FC.

HOW do they quadruple their points in ONE HOUR and run away from the other competitors? This is the 3rd or 4th week IN A ROW where I have ZERO chance to earn any FC and I know it by Saturday morning!!!

WTF do I BOTHER?!!!! How are the competitors selected, seems quite unfair that the SAME two people get ALL the FC week after week after week!!!

This is NOT a fair competition!!!

Hi John :)

The neighborhoods are selected for their strengh and the amount of facilities they have by the time the selection is done.

If after the selection is done, they add more facilities, that is correct and not against the rules.

If Im in 3rd place and I am 1,000,000 points below the first place, I can decide if I can add more facilities and also check which ones will give me more xp when refilling.

Also, some of my neighbors dont enter the contest till Saturday or Sunday, so after the neighborhoods are selected, so as soon as they are added to my neighborhood and they fill their facilities I get more points.

JohnAlbertini
Oct 30 2021, 07:32 PM

The neighborhoods are selected for their strengh and the amount of facilities they have by the time the selection is done.

If after the selection is done, they add more facilities, that is correct and not against the rules.

If Im in 3rd place and I am 1,000,000 points below the first place, I can decide if I can add more facilities and also check which ones will give me more xp when refilling.

Also, some of my neighbors dont enter the contest till Saturday or Sunday, so after the neighborhoods are selected, so as soon as they are added to my neighborhood and they fill their facilities I get more points.

They did not add any facilities, they must have MANY more members in their neighborhood?

Taz D
Oct 30 2021, 07:39 PM
They did not add any facilities, they must have MANY more members in their neighborhood?
Hi John,
You don't see how many facilities they have in the contest. Nor can you see hgow many neighbors they have in the contest to start with or that added themselves later.

JohnAlbertini
Nov 06 2021, 02:28 PM
Once again the NCC is totally unfair. I work every day and between 7 am at 3:15pm Saturday I went from 15,500 to 16,,800 points = +1,300 points.

Competitor CHUS CQ's had 4,700 points at 7:20 am but at 3:15 pm now has 26,200 points. 21,500 points in 8 hours when it has taken me three DAYS to earn less than 17,000 points.

This is the 4th or 5th week in a ROW that this SAME competitor has jumped from a lower position (a fraction of my point total then) Saturday morning to unbeatable Saturday afternoon RUNNING AWAY with the #1 position. This competitor does not belong in THIS group where no one else ever has a PRAYER. We can NEVER compete!!!

This is NOT a new problem, it repeats, and repeats, and repeats, week, after week, after week!!!

jeemersmom
Feb 09 2022, 09:05 PM
There is something inherently wrong with the "team" selection process in the NCC. Some time ago, the process was changed to make the NCC "fairer". What it did was the opposite...as described by the previous poster. In the contest ending this evening, teams #2 through #10 are separated (at this time) by about 1,500,000 points. Team #1 leads by about 5,600,000 points. This situation is not an outlier. It happens regularly. Other criteria need to be used to select the teams...diversification, frequency of activity, the wish to be included in this contest (opt-out has been suggested).

Taz D
Feb 09 2022, 09:18 PM
There is something inherently wrong with the "team" selection process in the NCC. Some time ago, the process was changed to make the NCC "fairer". What it did was the opposite...as described by the previous poster. In the contest ending this evening, teams #2 through #10 are separated (at this time) by about 1,500,000 points. Team #1 leads by about 5,600,000 points. This situation is not an outlier. It happens regularly. Other criteria need to be used to select the teams...diversification, frequency of activity, the wish to be included in this contest (opt-out has been suggested).
Hi Jeemersmom,
You have the option to opt out in your preferences. The only change made in the contest was to increase what you get for yourr points to be multiplied by how many of your neighbors are on your team. It did not change the selection process which is to choose the teams that compete by selecting the 10 closest in the number of facilities. Depending on how many are playing to be selected then that spread could be wide.

If you have a specific suggestion on how to change the contest please post it in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing one that fits your suggestion.

jeemersmom
Mar 02 2022, 07:13 AM
Given complaints about the NCC, both posted and messaged between neighbors, I'd like to make a suggestion. While on the "My Neighborhood Chains" tab, we can see the number of factories our chain has in each category. Providing this information on the "Competing Neighborhoods" tab would assure everyone that they are competing on a level playing field.

marymarcel
Mar 02 2022, 07:41 AM
Given complaints about the NCC, both posted and messaged between neighbors, I'd like to make a suggestion. While on the "My Neighborhood Chains" tab, we can see the number of factories our chain has in each category. Providing this information on the "Competing Neighborhoods" tab would assure everyone that they are competing on a level playing field.

Hi jeemersmom :)

Im not sure that could be done as no matter the ten Neighborhoods are chosen by their strengh and similar amount of facilities, then farmers can add more facilities during the next days.

Anyway, if you want to make a suggestion, please post it in our Suggestion section where we have all ideas grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You cant start a new thread there, but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestions:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

MOM GLENDA
May 28 2022, 06:54 PM
going stop doing the neighborhood .i do not have a chance since i own every faciltys and owned 2 and 3 of a lot of them .was told thats why they put me against players that have 40 to 60 million points on number one .i got Rhematoid arthritis and cannot play like they play with hands like mine i lucky i am playing at all.i never get number one because i am slow i cannot post like they do.i am also 79 years old.wish they would put me against players that are like me .might as well stop it been like this every since the ncc started .it is like i am being punished for buying cash buying 2 cash faciltys .wish now i did not own a lot of faciltys because they keep putting me against players ilke they always done .my fingers are messed up it hard to even play farmtown.i will never be number one

Taz D
May 28 2022, 07:01 PM
going stop doing the neighborhood .i do not have a chance since i own every faciltys and owned 2 and 3 of a lot of them .was told thats why they put me against players that have 40 to 60 million points on number one .i got Rhematoid arthritis and cannot play like they play with hands like mine i lucky i am playing at all.i never get number one because i am slow i cannot post like they do.i am also 79 years old.wish they would put me against players that are like me .might as well stop it been like this every since the ncc started
Hi Mom Glenda,
The only way they can pick who you compete with is randomly by the number of facilities you and your neighbors have in the contest at the time the group is picked.

Denise Dianna
Aug 09 2022, 10:00 AM
I managed to get into third place in NCC. The person in 2nd place has almost twice the number of points (my 11 mil to her 20 mil) and the one in 1st place has 24 mil. I don't know how the selection is done but this is not a fair competition.

marymarcel
Aug 09 2022, 10:12 AM
I managed to get into third place in NCC. The person in 2nd place has almost twice the number of points (my 11 mil to her 20 mil) and the one in 1st place has 24 mil. I don't know how the selection is done but this is not a fair competition.

Hi DeniseDJ :)

You enrolled the NCC on Thursday so the neighborhoods for you were chosen on Saturday.

By the time they were chosen you may all had similiar strengh. But that doesnt mean each neighborhood cant do anything more.
Not all farmers join the NCC on Thursday, there are a lot who join on Saturday and Sunday, and also each farmer can add more facilities after the neighborhoods have been chosen.

Denise Dianna
Aug 10 2022, 02:23 PM
Hi DeniseDJ :)

You enrolled the NCC on Thursday so the neighborhoods for you were chosen on Saturday.

By the time they were chosen you may all had similiar strengh. But that doesnt mean each neighborhood cant do anything more.
Not all farmers join the NCC on Thursday, there are a lot who join on Saturday and Sunday, and also each farmer can add more facilities after the neighborhoods have been chosen.

What is the correct strategy? Should I not join until Sunday?

marymarcel
Aug 10 2022, 02:34 PM
What is the correct strategy? Should I not join until Sunday?

Hi Denise :)

I cant tell you which strategy you may choose. I have always entered the NCC on Thursdays as soon as I load the game during my morning. Sometimes, I get 1 cash, other times 2 cash, and this week Im on fifth place and I havent done anything different.

The neighborhood is not only you, it is you and all your neighbors. Same for the other 9 neighborhoods. That means that sometimes, your neighbors could be able to add more facilities, or post and refill them faster, or some of them went on holidays and you have less neighbors, it is not always the same, you only have to try different things. :)

Denise Dianna
Aug 11 2022, 08:34 AM
Hi Denise :)

I cant tell you which strategy you may choose. I have always entered the NCC on Thursdays as soon as I load the game during my morning. Sometimes, I get 1 cash, other times 2 cash, and this week Im on fifth place and I havent done anything different.

The neighborhood is not only you, it is you and all your neighbors. Same for the other 9 neighborhoods. That means that sometimes, your neighbors could be able to add more facilities, or post and refill them faster, or some of them went on holidays and you have less neighbors, it is not always the same, you only have to try different things. :)

My experience pretty much the same as yours. I finished in third place this week. 2nd place had twice as many points as I did. I think I will try not joining until Saturday. I will report my findings! lol :);)

Sqrl
Aug 11 2022, 05:20 PM
I don't even bother with it beyond popping in to collect any winnings.

RozeeS
Aug 22 2022, 04:34 AM
The problem with the NCC is that the more powerful neighbours you have with lots of facilities and you are someone who perhaps has only 1 of each chosen facility, means because of those powerful neighbours you have you are entered into groups that also have high quantities of facilities.

Years ago I used to get the odd farm cash from the NCC but since that time I added more neighbours to help me out with with other things on Farm Town like co-op quests and also the chains and working my facilities

I believe the idea way is to have neighbours of the same amount of facilities as you have yourself which should give you a chance of getting into a group of the same level. Then it's about working facilities yours and the people in your group.

I have lots of neighbours who sometimes have loads of facilities in each group where as I normally only have one in each group. I usually come bottom of the list each week although one week I did manage to get 3 or 4th because I had two of the farm cash facilities that week in one category. This week one of my neighbours has 20 facilities overall where as I have 4.

I don't know how these people with tons of facilities ie 10-20 each week get on with the NCC each week, but if they are winning FC every week because of the quantity of facilities they have. This is not a fair contest. If they have that many facilities why do they need the farm cash?

The grouping should be about the person who is entering and based on how many facilities they have and not being put into groupings based on how many facilities your group has overall; I assume how this is grouped.

Things should be switched around from week to week to give others a fair chance of winning when they may have only one of each facility.

I often think I should remove those people who have over 10 facilities in the NCC each week who do not help me in other ways, and maybe I would have a better chance of winning the NCC. It has been years LOL. I just feel mean about removing people and if I need a replacement I could get someone else who is equally powerful.

Sqrl
Aug 22 2022, 04:47 AM
The problem with shedding fc fac loaded neighbours is they provide me with products I can't make myself....

RozeeS
Aug 22 2022, 04:55 AM
The problem with shedding fc fac loaded neighbours is they provide me with products I can't make myself....

I totally understand

That's the problem isn't it. It's a trade off between the NCC and getting things you need in the game. I need neighbours to help me with other things so I have to understand I will come bottom of the list on NCC each week

Queen.of.Clutter
Aug 22 2022, 09:47 AM
I absolutely agree ... I am 9th or 10th place each week, whether I post work like crazy or do nothing. For me, it was NOT worth all of the goods and work to post facilities every day because I never won anything. Now, I just open it and whatever .... collect a few goods and be on my merry way. Your idea is brilliant, then we would all stand a better chance. I just go through the motions anymore, it's just not fun now.

I believe the idea way is to have neighbours of the same amount of facilities as you have yourself which should give you a chance of getting into a group of the same level. Then it's about working facilities yours and the people in your group.

I have lots of neighbours who sometimes have loads of facilities in each group where as I normally only have one in each group. I usually come bottom of the list each week although one week I did manage to get 3 or 4th because I had two of the farm cash facilities that week in one category. This week one of my neighbours has 20 facilities overall where as I have 4.

The grouping should be about the person who is entering and based on how many facilities they have and not being put into groupings based on how many facilities your group has overall; I assume how this is grouped.

WyoSugar
Aug 24 2022, 10:01 AM
I have 35,000,000 in this week's NCC. The 1st place team has 82,000,000. This is happening every week. There has to be a different way to decide competing teams.

marymarcel
Aug 24 2022, 10:07 AM
I have 35,000,000 in this week's NCC. The 1st place team has 82,000,000. This is happening every week. There has to be a different way to decide competing teams.

Hi WyoSugar :)

We moved your post to Discussions about Neighborhood Chains Contest in General Feedback.

It is probably that when the neighborhoods were chosen all of them had similar amounts of factories and strengh.
After that, they can add more factories, neighbors can join the NCC till Sunday, they can post a lot and their factories can be refilled faster etc.

If you wish to make a suggestion please post it in our Suggestion Section, you cant open a new thread there, but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Sqrl
Aug 26 2022, 07:05 AM
I went and suggested that they stop letting people add facilities after the contest starts.

Julie Mc
Aug 27 2022, 09:03 PM
Every since you started the Neighborhood Chains Contest back up our neighborhood never even comes close to being 1st or 2nd. Even with a bunch of new neighbors. It's almost not even worth wasting your time doing them. Wish it would go back to the old way.

Taz D
Aug 27 2022, 09:06 PM
Every since you started the Neighborhood Chains Contest back up our neighborhood never even comes close to being 1st or 2nd. Even with a bunch of new neighbors. It's almost not even worth wasting your time doing them. Wish it would go back to the old way.
Hi Julie Mc,
The selection for the competitors has not changed since they first started the contest. They have always been selected by how many facilities you and your neighbors have in the contest at the selection time.

KoalaBear777
Apr 25 2023, 11:50 AM
How does ghosting facilities work with NCC? Does it give those players are unfair advantage? I don't ghost and I think it's cheating myself. But if those players who ghost are always going to WIN then what's the point of playing? Just wondering.

Taz D
Apr 25 2023, 12:02 PM
How does ghosting facilities work with NCC? Does it give those players are unfair advantage? I don't ghost and I think it's cheating myself. But if those players who ghost are always going to WIN then what's the point of playing? Just wondering.
Hi KoalaBear,
It can not be done for NCC. You will not find any instructions in the forums as it is a trick and we do not allow instructions about any trick in the forums.

KoalaBear777
Apr 25 2023, 05:06 PM
Excellent. I think it would be great if you ended ghosting completely on then new site. My two cents worth. Thanks.

poof3013
Jul 01 2023, 02:03 PM
I find NCC a unfair game. Not everyone can buy (with real money) 15+ of each Farm Cash facilities to put into NCC. Therefore those who can't afford extra FC facilities will never make 1st,2nd or 3rd place. Considering that a Lot of lifetime players are retired, older or handicapped people who live on a limited budget. It would be nice for you to make the game more enjoyable for those people.

JohnAlbertini
Jul 15 2023, 07:34 AM
Either the neighborhood was created in error or a player "cheated".

By 12:30 am when I first checked the game there was a player with both FC facilities which none of the other players have. Guess we can quit playing since we don't have a prayer!!!

marymarcel
Jul 15 2023, 08:38 AM
Either the neighborhood was created in error or a player "cheated".

By 12:30 am when I first checked the game there was a player with both FC facilities which none of the other players have. Guess we can quit playing since we don't have a prayer!!!

The strengh of a neighborhood is not only based on the amount or kind of facilities, it depends in other factors too.

When you look at the Competing Neighborhood tab, it shows the total amount of points for all facilities and all farmers in that Neighborhood.
And also consider, that in any other Neighborhood any of the farmers in it are able to buy farm cash facilities if they wish.

Missy Lou
Sep 19 2023, 05:57 AM
i have several farmers that have allowed the NCC but don't play. it appears that i get in competition with stronger group because of this. if they were to check not to play would that help my chances on possibly winning. i keep loading my ncc facilities and usually only come in 6th if lucky. 4th so far this go

Taz D
Sep 19 2023, 07:44 AM
i have several farmers that have allowed the NCC but don't play. it appears that i get in competition with stronger group because of this. if they were to check not to play would that help my chances on possibly winning. i keep loading my ncc facilities and usually only come in 6th if lucky. 4th so far this go
Hi Missy Lou,
It doesn't count how many neighbors in your group. It is looking at how many of the NCC facilities total among all in your group at the time of selection for the competition group.

Maybe contact those neighbors and get them to participate or turn off the NCC might help a little much is not going to make a lot of difference.

RozeeS
Oct 05 2023, 02:07 AM
This past week's NCC I found that one of my neighbours was not only on my team but competing against me! How is this possible?

The neighbour competing against me finished 2nd in the competing neighbours and I was 5th. Actually 5th is a good finish for me because I am usually bottom of the group almost every week, despite some of my best efforts.

I don't understand the selection of competing groups because there is always one group who is at least 11,000,000 points above me consistantly. Many years ago, before I added lots of people to help me with quests and other things in the game, I used to win occasionally. Since then I have not won a contest, it's been years. It seems unfair that even though I have at least one of each facility I never get a win in the NCC these days.

The neighbour who was on my team and also competing against me only had 1 of each of the coin facilities but finished 2nd in the team competing neighbourhoods. Would I have finised at a higher level if this neighbour had not been competing against me and just in my team?

I think the whole contest would be a lot fairer if we were allowed to chose a selected amount of team members each week instead of counting how many facilities that team has. Obviously those that have maximum amount of neighbours who are actively playing will do better. It would be our choice each week and we could try different players.

I can't force my team members to play, to constantly fill their NCC facilities and post them, and work other neighbour's facilities. I am very lucky that I have a great neighbours who work my facilities when I post them.

As another poster has pointed out many do not actively play but take part by not de-activating their NCC. I expect many of them only take part to get the few goodies handed out at the end of the week and not really bothered about putting in the work. Perhaps there should be a better way in making this contest fairer and I should not have to compete against a fellow neighbour's team!

Taz D
Oct 05 2023, 09:14 AM
This past week's NCC I found that one of my neighbours was not only on my team but competing against me! How is this possible?

The neighbour competing against me finished 2nd in the competing neighbours and I was 5th. Actually 5th is a good finish for me because I am usually bottom of the group almost every week, despite some of my best efforts.

I don't understand the selection of competing groups because there is always one group who is at least 11,000,000 points above me consistantly. Many years ago, before I added lots of people to help me with quests and other things in the game, I used to win occasionally. Since then I have not won a contest, it's been years. It seems unfair that even though I have at least one of each facility I never get a win in the NCC these days.

The neighbour who was on my team and also competing against me only had 1 of each of the coin facilities but finished 2nd in the team competing neighbourhoods. Would I have finised at a higher level if this neighbour had not been competing against me and just in my team?

I think the whole contest would be a lot fairer if we were allowed to chose a selected amount of team members each week instead of counting how many facilities that team has. Obviously those that have maximum amount of neighbours who are actively playing will do better. It would be our choice each week and we could try different players.

I can't force my team members to play, to constantly fill their NCC facilities and post them, and work other neighbour's facilities. I am very lucky that I have a great neighbours who work my facilities when I post them.

As another poster has pointed out many do not actively play but take part by not de-activating their NCC. I expect many of them only take part to get the few goodies handed out at the end of the week and not really bothered about putting in the work. Perhaps there should be a better way in making this contest fairer and I should not have to compete against a fellow neighbour's team!
Hi RozeeS,
Your neighbor competing against you is only because at the time the teams were selected for your group of competitors there were not enough other teams (non-neighbors) who had a similar number of facilities at the time of the selection. It doesn't happen often that you would compete against a neighbor it does on occasion happen.
Playing against them is not like competing against yourself as you each have your own separate neighbors. The only common area would be your individual points will count on her total and her points will count on yours.

Even if some do not deactivate and may only have 1 facility in the contest they also help by adding to your total points by being a multiplier of your points.

Irish355
Nov 15 2023, 07:59 AM
I agree with you 100%. I keep getting 8, 9 or 10 on this contest. This is the last week I participate in Neighborhood Contest.

NewfarmerBrown
Dec 02 2023, 08:11 PM
NCC:
Even though we are fairly new, my wife and I love the NCC contests. Please do not change a thing. We try every week. It is very entertaining. Sometimes you place sometimes you don't, but we still enjoy it. Great Job!

Irish355
Dec 14 2023, 06:28 AM
I give up playing NCC and disabled it in my preferences and I won't be buying any more facilities. Each week in my group are eight people that start out with only two facilities out of four. I don't see them purchasing any during the time period. Yet each week they are placing 1, 2 and 3. I have eight facilites and place 10. I work everyone's facilities and out of those that place, only two work mine. Looks like these issues have been happening since 2010 according to the posts, yet nothing has changed. I'm done.

marymarcel
Dec 14 2023, 08:25 AM
I give up playing NCC and disabled it in my preferences and I won't be buying any more facilities. Each week in my group are eight people that start out with only two facilities out of four. I don't see them purchasing any during the time period. Yet each week they are placing 1, 2 and 3. I have eight facilites and place 10. I work everyone's facilities and out of those that place, only two work mine. Looks like these issues have been happening since 2010 according to the posts, yet nothing has changed. I'm done.

Hi Irish :)

If your neighbors do not work your facilities then you can't refill them and get more points for your NCC.

Maybe you should talk to your neighbors to see why they are not working your facilities/services and you know you can always add more neighbors and/or delete the ones you consider that are not helping you.

RozeeS
Feb 08 2024, 10:49 AM
The NCC competition is very unfair. It doesn't take into account of the person who has entered and their facilities. It relies too much on their neigbhours who have entered.

I have decided not to bother with the next NCC. When I posted on here sometime back that I hadn't won in years, I suddenly won the next NCC. I haven't won again since.

I used to win years ago and I mean many years ago. When I added people to help with other things in the game around 2012/13 I haven't won since.

When you enter the game weekly and and find the person at the number 1 in competeing teams spot is over twice the points than you need it it pointless. I feel there should be a better way to make the NCC more fair. I think most people who win this weekly contest are those that have loads of FC facilities or just enough good neighbours to help them. I know most of my neighbours come in the tops 3.

Even with 6 facilities last week I can,t even make 5th place even posting as much as I can and my neighbours woking them. I help my neighbours as much as I can with their facilities but seems to count for nothing.

I have no idea how this contest is calculated but it needs rethinking! It makes me very despondant playing this game for this aspect even to the point I want to quit playing!

JohnAlbertini
Feb 10 2024, 10:55 AM
I thought we were supposed to be in the NCC with like competitors but for the last 4-5 weeks in a row I've had SEVERAL competitors each week with multiple Farm Cash facilities when I have had none. Again this week TWO with EACH FC facility. CAN'T compete with them!

Taz D
Feb 10 2024, 11:43 AM
I thought we were supposed to be in the NCC with like competitors but for the last 4-5 weeks in a row I've had SEVERAL competitors each week with multiple Farm Cash facilities when I have had none. Again this week TWO with EACH FC facility. CAN'T compete with them!
Hi John,
You do not see what facilities your competitors have. That does not show in the contest manager.
The only ones you can see who have how many and what facilities are your neighbors in your chain. Those are not the ones you are competing against.

Each contest has to be 10 competitors. The number of players who have the lower amount of facilities that you have is very limited. So the game has to try to match you with the closest ones to you.

KoalaBear777
Feb 27 2024, 03:25 PM
I know for a FACT that you DO pit us against our neighbors when you assign the neighborhood teams. I've had to STOP working my neighbors facilities after they are "assigned" precisely because if I work theirs I am working against myself. I see who was in what neighborhood when the places are announced at the end of the contest and find out I was working against myself to help them win.
Your assignment of neighborhoods for purposes of the rankings needs to be REWORKED to exclude people who are neighbors of each other. I'm sick and tired of it.

Taz D
Feb 27 2024, 03:35 PM
I know for a FACT that you DO pit us against our neighbors when you assign the neighborhood teams. I've had to STOP working my neighbors facilities after they are "assigned" precisely because if I work theirs I am working against myself. I see who was in what neighborhood when the places are announced at the end of the contest and find out I was working against myself to help them win.
Your assignment of neighborhoods for purposes of the rankings needs to be REWORKED to exclude people who are neighbors of each other. I'm sick and tired of it.
Hi KoalaBear,
No one is assigning the groups of competitors. It is done by the program and assigns the 10 closest matched players. Your neighbors are only assigned as your competitor if there are not enough others available to fill the 10 places. There has to be 10 competitors in each contest group, so sometimes you may get a neighbor as a competitor. There isn't any way to totally exclude neighbors if there are not enough others to fill all the positions, but neighbors are a last choice to fill those.

By not working their facilities you are not only not helping them but you are not helping yourself either.

KoalaBear777
Feb 28 2024, 12:38 AM
>>"It is done by the program and assigns the 10 closest matched players".
That's your answer for everything isn't it? The program did it. How about the programmers add some code to exclude neighbors from the matches it chooses?

>>"...sometimes you may get a neighbor as a competitor"
SOMETIMES? How about EVERY time and not just one but MANY.

I am tired of working against myself. If you can't fix it, then you're not really programming anything are you?