PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- May 5th, 2016

Pages : 1 [2]

Qivis
May 23 2016, 05:09 PM
Since the update fewer and fewer factory posts are working at all. 5 refreshes of the browsers and the work still fails to pop up the message to start working. I have noticed, however, that this is ONLY happening when clicking the links in the Farm Town Requests list in the My Requests tab. I have been able to do the work on the first or 2nd attempt when clicking in the regular Facebook wall. Clearing the caches, the Adobe settings, and even trying different browsers makes no difference.

Alexm2012
May 24 2016, 07:25 AM
why does it take like nearly 20 minutes to try collect a bonus from working a job i spend my money on farm cash too try and level up quicker get work done quicker with better tools and collecting bonus takes so long is this something that is going to be worked on looked at? as it prevents me from working as it takes so long to collect

marymarcel
May 24 2016, 08:56 AM
Hi all:)

From Raul's notes for the New Release:

Known issues

- Facebook just confirmed that they introduced a bug recently that do not allow games in Facebook on accounts with lot of friends (more than 4000) to retrieve the full list of friends. This is currently affecting all the areas that requires friend interaction like boosting trains, working facilities, adding neighbours, etc for those users. They say they are currently working on a solution.

In the meantime, we just released a temporal workaround that just assume for now that your facebook friend list is the same as your neighbour list, at least this way you can go now and send gifts to your neighbours again and start working your neighbours facilities again.

However those users with more than 4000 friends will not be able to interact with most of their friends, only their neighbours, until facebook provide a final resolution to the problem.

There are some exceptions, for example you can still send gifts to any of your friends if you go to the Send Gift page and select the 'Search Friends Manually' tab and search manually for your friend.

MadamePondarosa
May 25 2016, 10:37 AM

From Raul's notes for the New Release:

Known issues

- Facebook just confirmed that they introduced a bug recently that do not allow games in Facebook on accounts with lot of friends (more than 4000) to retrieve the full list of friends. This is currently affecting all the areas that requires friend interaction like boosting trains, working facilities, adding neighbours, etc for those users. They say they are currently working on a solution.

In the meantime, we just released a temporal workaround that just assume for now that your facebook friend list is the same as your neighbour list, at least this way you can go now and send gifts to your neighbours again and start working your neighbours facilities again.

However those users with more than 4000 friends will not be able to interact with most of their friends, only their neighbours, until facebook provide a final resolution to the problem.

There are some exceptions, for example you can still send gifts to any of your friends if you go to the Send Gift page and select the 'Search Friends Manually' tab and search manually for your friend.

Who cares to have 3000 "friends" you don't even know anyway? Unless Justin Bieber plays then...*giggle*

Qivis
May 25 2016, 02:44 PM
Who cares to have 3000 "friends" you don't even know anyway? Unless Justin Bieber plays then...*giggle*

Many of us who have been playing from the beginning are on the newer players' hit lists to give them a leg up with all our extra factories and shops! This results in 15 to 20 new "friends" a day.... :p

MadamePondarosa
May 25 2016, 04:39 PM
Many of us who have been playing from the beginning are on the newer players' hit lists to give them a leg up with all our extra factories and shops! This results in 15 to 20 new "friends" a day.... :p

Aha got it. I have never bin able to work facilities other than my neighbours (believe be I've tried) and since you can only have between 90-110 neighbours I didnt see the point. Ingredience links works for me. Though, 4000 facebook friends seem almost scary :rolleyes:

AlyceAnn
May 26 2016, 06:18 PM
I have 2902 friends. I was fine until a few days ago. So I'm assuming that it isn't the Facebook bug that is making me not see anyone but neighbors, but it is the work around. Now I can't boost trains unless they are from a neighbor. It tells me that I can only boost trains from friends. I can only see friends in My Neighbor tab. So why does the work around for the people with over 4000 friends effect my playing?

marymarcel
May 26 2016, 06:50 PM
I have 2902 friends. I was fine until a few days ago. So I'm assuming that it isn't the Facebook bug that is making me not see anyone but neighbors, but it is the work around. Now I can't boost trains unless they are from a neighbor. It tells me that I can only boost trains from friends. I can only see friends in My Neighbor tab. So why does the work around for the people with over 4000 friends effect my playing?

Hi AlyceAnn:)

We have sent this information to the developers.

AlyceAnn
May 26 2016, 07:17 PM

Thanks so much!

Judy Cowan
May 27 2016, 07:15 PM
Can we please pretty please have the Memorial Day decorations??? The little soldiers , flags etc... So very much appreciated hugs for a great job and everything you do for us

marymarcel
May 27 2016, 07:49 PM
Can we please pretty please have the Memorial Day decorations??? The little soldiers , flags etc... So very much appreciated hugs for a great job and everything you do for us

Hi Judy:)

From Raul notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - May 21st, 4:30AM

- Released last years Memorial Day decorations.

They are in the store under Memoria/M_D tab.

AlyceAnn
May 29 2016, 07:17 AM

Boy I hope they hurry with a fix, I can ONLY see neighbors in any list. Its especially detrimental with My Neighbor tab since I can't make any new neighbors, there is no one to choose even in the box at the bottom. AAHHH :(

marymarcel
May 29 2016, 09:26 AM
Boy I hope they hurry with a fix, I can ONLY see neighbors in any list. Its especially detrimental with My Neighbor tab since I can't make any new neighbors, there is no one to choose even in the box at the bottom. AAHHH :(

It is possible that the 4,000 friends number given by Facebook is not accurate as we are receiving reports from users with a smaller amount of friends like you.

Although the developers can only try to help with a workaround like the one they posted in the Known issues, they continue working but the problem must be fixed by Facebook and sadly we dont know how much time they will need.

AlyceAnn
May 29 2016, 12:17 PM

It is possible that the 4,000 friends number given by Facebook is not accurate as we are receiving reports from users with a smaller amount of friends like you.

Although the developers can only try to help with a workaround like the one they posted in the Known issues, they continue working but the problem must be fixed by Facebook and sadly we dont know how much time they will need.

I love how Facebook fixes what isn't broke and then takes forever to figure out a work around. They SHOULD love the games, I for one wouldn't be here without Farm Town. :)

jkmyer
May 29 2016, 01:03 PM
Is anyone else's game dragging?

Judy Cowan
May 29 2016, 07:22 PM
Raul how can I ever thank you and your wonderful team.. I love the Memorial Day Decorations , they have a special meaning to this military family... May God Bless You and thank you for all you do for us.... Hugs

Qivis
May 30 2016, 05:53 AM
I love how Facebook fixes what isn't broke and then takes forever to figure out a work around. They SHOULD love the games, I for one wouldn't be here without Farm Town. :)

I probably wouldn't be either. Although a friend offered to help me tweak my profile to find the right woman, she has gone Home from the return of her cancer and I am still on Facebook 3 years later thanks to my Farm Town addiction! (And still quite available....) :p

Petuniaflower
May 30 2016, 08:45 AM

Well at least I feel better that it isn't just happening to me. I don't have 4000 friends either. Yesterday or maybe day before yesterday(bad memory) it was fine. Today only neighbors show. I was wanting to send a request to someone to be my neighbor,and I can't.:(

marymarcel
May 30 2016, 10:01 AM
Well at least I feel better that it isn't just happening to me. I don't have 4000 friends either. Yesterday or maybe day before yesterday(bad memory) it was fine. Today only neighbors show. I was wanting to send a request to someone to be my neighbor,and I can't.:(

Hi Petuniaflower:)

One of the problems is adding neighbors, but please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then reopen and check if My Neighbors tab is showing your neighbors and your friends.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

In case memcache doesnt work for you, please let us know and also please tell us if you can boost your friends trains, work their facilities and send them gifts. Thank you:)

Petuniaflower
May 30 2016, 12:09 PM
Hi Petuniaflower:)

One of the problems is adding neighbors, but please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then reopen and check if My Neighbors tab is showing your neighbors and your friends.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

In case memcache doesnt work for you, please let us know and also please tell us if you can boost your friends trains, work their facilities and send them gifts. Thank you:)

the friend page is now showing correctly I am having no problems sending gifts,I send every 2 hrs except at night (need sleep) and the last I knew I could boost trains. If I have a neighbor reading this send me a train to boost so I can tell if it is working ;)

marymarcel
May 30 2016, 12:13 PM
the friend page is now showing correctly I am having no problems sending gifts,I send every 2 hrs except at night (need sleep) and the last I knew I could boost trains. If I have a neighbor reading this send me a train to boost so I can tell if it is working ;)

So glad it is working for you again and thanks for coming back and let us know:)

madalynsfunk
May 30 2016, 10:30 PM
Gosh, I sure do need neighbors. How can I do this?

Taz D
May 30 2016, 10:47 PM
Gosh, I sure do need neighbors. How can I do this?
Hi madalynsfunk,
There is a thread in the Social section where you can ask for neighbors. Please read the first post in that thread to see what you need to include in your post and what you need to do in your Facebook profile so they can send you friend requests to become your neighbors.
Here is a link to that thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

Aussie Rae
Jun 01 2016, 12:11 AM
it must be getting close to a new update, and this thread gets closed, :)

AlyceAnn
Jun 02 2016, 04:44 AM

Well I went and took my FB friends down to 2566 from 2900. Every so often when I go to my neighbor tab, I can see all the FB friends BUT they had no name only the profile pic. I did try to send neighbor requests to a few but my request never got to the friend requests icon at the toolbar. The only got a notification saying I sent "something" to them. I did wait a day and went back today. Now I only see neighbors again and get the "you can only boost friends trains" when trying to boost trains. So why I said this, I don't know if its the FB glitch or if it may be the FT fix but everything is still wonky even below 2800 FB friends. :)

Taz D
Jun 02 2016, 08:50 AM
Well I went and took my FB friends down to 2566 from 2900. Every so often when I go to my neighbor tab, I can see all the FB friends BUT they had no name only the profile pic. I did try to send neighbor requests to a few but my request never got to the friend requests icon at the toolbar. The only got a notification saying I sent "something" to them. I did wait a day and went back today. Now I only see neighbors again and get the "you can only boost friends trains" when trying to boost trains. So why I said this, I don't know if its the FB glitch or if it may be the FT fix but everything is still wonky even below 2800 FB friends. :)
Hi AlyceAnn,
It may be that the number is even lower. At the time Raul added that note the lowest reported amount we had was 2800. It could be as low as 1000 as we don't know yet what the limit is that the bug has caused. It is the Facebok bug that is setting the limit and we just have to wait until they fix it.

marymarcel
Jun 02 2016, 11:35 AM

I am now closing this thread. Thank you so much to all of you for your feedback and questions.

While we wait for the New Release please feel free to post any problems in Help & Support (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1), any feedback in General Feedback (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186) and your ideas in our Suggestion section. (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)