PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for the Monthly Best Farm Contest!

Tiger
Aug 02 2016, 08:03 AM
Welcome to Suggestions for the Monthly Best Farm Contest!
EN ESPAÑOL AQUI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6090054#post6090054) EN Français ICI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=624234)

Members have requested an area where they can put forward some of their ideas or themes for the monthly contest that they would like to see or participate in, so we have created this area so you can do just that!

Although we are not changing the format of the monthly contest, we would love to have your input on ideas or themes for future contests.

This area is open to any member of the forum, whether you enter the contest or not, all ideas are welcomed!

As an added incentive and a thank you for contributing we are also going to reward a member for suggesting an original idea or theme should we decide to use it for the contest. This reward will go to the FIRST member to post an original idea or theme, that we have not yet used in the forum since 8th August 2015. If we decide your idea/theme is to be used for the monthly contest, and you are the FIRST member to suggest it, in THIS thread, going by post date and time, you will win a prize of 15 Farm Cash! This prize will be given out the day that the new contest, with your idea or theme, is posted and open for entries.

Please NOTE that NO replies or commenting on ideas already posted are permitted in this area to make everyone comfortable with posting.

At NO point are we ever going to run a daily lotto or daily contest so please do not suggest one. This thread is ONLY for suggestions for the contest run once per month.

Please make sure your idea complies with the following guidelines:

Your ideas need to be suitable for BOTH Novice designers and Advanced designers to be able to achieve. We will NOT run separate contests for Novice and Advanced.
If you are going to suggest the use of a particular decoration to be used, this MUST be available for level 300 players to purchase in the store. Don’t worry if you are not sure on the level for an Item, we will be able to check for you.
Remember some decorations are only available at certain times of the year, so keep this in mind if you want these to be used as not everyone will have bought them earlier in the year.
There is a limit on how much Farm Cash we can give out each month for prizes and this will NOT be increased. Currently we are giving out the following prizes >>

NOVICE

1st Prize - 120 Farm Cash
2nd Prize - 75 Farm Cash
3rd Prize - 50 Farm Cash

ADVANCED

1st Prize - 120 Farm Cash
2nd Prize - 75 Farm Cash
3rd Prize - 50 Farm Cash

Please do have a look at the previous contests already run so you do not suggest something that has already been done. There are some months when we keep to traditional themes for example Christmas, Mother’s Day, Easter and so on. This does not mean you cannot suggest an alternative :D

Any suggestions that do not fit with the above guidelines will be deleted without notice.

Themes already done:
Ships
Barnyards
Bridges
Olympic Games/Favourite Sports
Birds and or Butterflies
Waters/Water craft
Mother’s Day
Aircraft
Easter
Be My Valentine
Mazes
Chistmas
Fall/Autumn
Halloween
Trains
Lighthouse
Festivals and School, college or University
Framed Picture representing Fall or Spring
Happy Holidays
Camping
Love is in the Air
St. Patrick
Springtime
Mom
A Day at the Races

1gettysburg@gmail.com
Aug 03 2016, 12:12 PM
Fun In the Sun :)

It would be fun to look for the most creative farm using at least 1 item from each section in the store excluding "Winter"

Love to see these when the chance arises...just using imagination...;)

and flags would not apply.

Ceci´s Farm
Aug 03 2016, 05:47 PM
I just was thinking that a Valley has not been included in the contest.

:)

HiHoSilver
Aug 03 2016, 08:59 PM
I think it would be interesting to design a farm with a scene from a Walt Disney Cartoon for example Snow white, there are many different movies that can be chosen

ellenaussiefarm
Aug 04 2016, 01:33 AM
Australiana. This would be for January. In January we celebrate Australia day. Federation 1901. What makes you think about Australia? I have friends all over the world that would love to visit this beautifuil country. Why not create on a farm. This could also extend to other countries national days eg Canada day 4th of july ect

joegames71
Aug 04 2016, 01:38 AM
Not sure if its been done but around me all the small towns hold festivals with rides and eats and entertainment such as ..Black Dirt Days, Thunder Days, Octemberfest, Tulip Festival, Rose Festival etc you get the idea .....so was thinking maybe a Farm Town Days ?

Moderator Note : Theme winner

BreezieD
Aug 04 2016, 08:41 AM
"My Home-My Space" is my suggestion so no matter where you live or what country you are from, you can create a farm that represents your special place. It could mean a 'country' like the USA, Canada, Australia, Mexico, etc. or it could simply mean your personal garden or backyard or a noted landmark from your area. I think we are all proud of our little corner of the world, whether it be your backyard gold fish pond or the Empire State Building. Thanks in advance for your consideration. Breezie

caro_gordon
Aug 04 2016, 09:51 AM
"The Farm Down The Road" .... where your asked to feature a road to a farm scene ... this could fit BOTH Novice designers and Advanced designers plus be fun for the Picture farms where members could design barns and houses etc.

sissi@live.no
Aug 04 2016, 10:11 AM
I think a theme could be - living together in Peace!

1gettysburg@gmail.com
Aug 04 2016, 11:15 AM
Would love to see all of the different ideas using flowers...maybe design floats like the Macy's Day Parade!!!:D

ftjill
Aug 05 2016, 01:04 AM
Bridges - there's all kinds of bridges in the world

firegold flames
Aug 06 2016, 06:56 PM
what about a Japanese Garden theme ?

kheller2244
Aug 06 2016, 07:23 PM
How about a farm/farms, farm with town. This represents the original concept of Farmtown. Western life?

RhodaTomczak
Aug 09 2016, 12:09 PM
How about one for "favorite fairy tale/myth" ?

heartnrose
Aug 11 2016, 08:33 PM
Wild West - Both levels, Booming mining town, gold rush, pony express, native americans, or small farm spreads....

lcswdonna
Aug 12 2016, 12:57 AM
I have seen some beautiful quilt farms out there. I am also feeling nostagic though for the good old farmtown farms.

JanWhite
Sep 11 2016, 03:45 PM
I was thinking natural disasters....we have the items in the store for such...you don't see it being used much...this could go with the guidelines well I think...Also you be very interesting to see the out come....:D
Thanks
Jan

wrsearlessr@att.net
Sep 23 2016, 02:43 PM
I would like to see a contest using all the animals either in the store or as gifts, just like the birds and butterflies contest. Would be interesting.

misskathleen
Sep 24 2016, 08:06 AM
A Small Town Living farm would be good for a contest, A Favorite Vacation Spot, or The School Yard.

Moderator Note : Theme winner for School, College or University

Mama Lauri
Sep 26 2016, 11:07 AM
Home sweet home or My Mayberry

Dulcinea
Sep 30 2016, 06:58 PM
How about creating a farm in a theme of all one color?

HiHoSilver
Oct 01 2016, 10:35 PM
I think it would be interesting to see how many different designs you get by having the theme "design a scenery / landscape from where you actually live"

caro_gordon
Oct 02 2016, 10:06 AM
For your November next competition do a "Pumpkin Patch" theme where all the Autumn/Thanksgiving stuff can be used but must include a pumpkin patch.

rcspence1234
Oct 07 2016, 05:52 PM
"Hotels/resorts" would be an interesting theme IMO, since there are lots of hotels, swimming pools, spas, restaurants, etc.

Allykat
Oct 15 2016, 09:29 PM
Hi my suggestions:

A camping ground theme

also one where each season is depicted in columns across the farm or in squares

thank you

Moderator Note : Theme winner for Camping

Alexm2012
Oct 20 2016, 07:40 PM
Different country pride decorate how you feel your country is show off USA show off the UK show off the world.... give it your best shot !!! Show us what makes your country so amazing!!!

JNelson
Oct 28 2016, 11:07 PM
a circus or zoo theme
a 3D farm
flower power - 3/4 of the farm design has to be all flowers (great for those who do mosaics or want to try their hand at one like me)
a bazzaar

JudyD1651
Dec 07 2016, 03:48 PM
a city design

artbee
Dec 08 2016, 03:24 PM
What about the rain-forest or camping for a theme.

At the Beach

StoneFace
Dec 31 2016, 08:26 AM
Of course, there is now the possibility of a Cargo Ships theme for a month without a specific holiday or theme of its own.

RichieRoo
Dec 31 2016, 12:09 PM
how about a comp were no picture farms are allowed to give others a chance not everyone can design like that

artbee
Dec 31 2016, 04:01 PM
Outdoor movie for a theme. I also like the idea of no picture farms. To give people a chance who don't use layers. I like to say clear of weather as when some people have winter other have summer

BelliBut10
Jan 03 2017, 08:52 PM
How about a jungle theme...

Allykat
Jan 03 2017, 11:19 PM
My suggestions:

Shopping Centre
Industrial Park
Safari
Woodlands
Rocky shores
Historical eg Medieval
Cultural eg Japanese etc

artbee
Jan 04 2017, 01:28 AM
Dogs at work people could do things
Like disability assistant dogs
police and air port dogs
sheep dogs

gardening girl
Jan 04 2017, 02:51 AM
How about a Coastal Highway or Motorway

mastermouse
Jan 05 2017, 04:54 PM
would love to do a pirate themed farm contest but we would need pirate decorations and sea decorations (mermaids/kraken/whales)

tere otero
Jan 23 2017, 10:44 AM
I would love a contest about mansions with gardens. there are a lot of flowers and another components farmers can do great gardens.

artbee
Jan 23 2017, 02:02 PM
river city is my suggestion

cgjeff
Jan 29 2017, 10:21 PM
how about ,,,,,YOUR FAVORITE FUNNY SAYING ,,,,,USING ,FIELDS ,TREES, AND FLOWER'S ONLY.....

Catherine2003
Feb 11 2017, 04:52 AM
An awareness month such as Cancer (pink) - Oct , or Alzheimer (purple) , Arthritis May (blue). They have a colour , month and flower designated. Just a thought as illness has effected most players directly or a family member.

rgdollmom54
Feb 22 2017, 10:40 AM
Maybe a farm with 'waterfall' designs. There are all sorts of ways to design them, all levels could participate.

OrcaLinda
Feb 28 2017, 10:28 AM
How about a Spring has Sprung farm. After your winter has ended show what fams look like in your part of the country. Eveyone lives in unique places and I believe it would be fun to see different farms in spring in different countries. Just a thought.

artbee
Mar 01 2017, 07:38 PM
using restaurant from Around the world. people dinning out with both crop and flower pictures instead of using crates.

JNelson
Mar 05 2017, 12:47 PM
1) something that showcases what country we are from

2) design that shows off our favorite sports team

carmenluisa
Mar 06 2017, 10:36 AM
Te escribo para participar en los temas de las granjas para futuros concursos y estos son

desiertos y oceanos

hay muchos temas muchas gracias

Themes:

Deserts and Oceans

PapaDoe
Mar 16 2017, 10:10 PM
I would like to see a contest for "Shopping Malls" .. The whole farm or a greater portion being dedicated to stores and maybe including the factories being arranged as in an outside entrance mall with parking facilities..

Auntie Al
Mar 19 2017, 04:53 AM
I would like to suggest a Funland or Adventureland contest, that could include the Zoo, Circus, Rodeo, Playland, Aquarium, etc. as attractions. This could use Facilities, Animals, People, flowers and various decorations.

gailikerd
Mar 24 2017, 12:36 PM
My suggestion would be for a featured color. Pink, red, white, blue, orange or yellow would be great. Opportunity to be inventive, could be a 2 color combo.

artbee
Mar 30 2017, 03:50 AM
For November you could do War Heroes in relation to remember day on the 11 of the 11.

Blondielee
Apr 16 2017, 05:58 PM
How about a dream vacation? Doesn't have to be a specific time of year or climate. Maybe just staying home or seeing another country ...

purple pensee
May 03 2017, 04:17 AM
hello !
I think a world tour will be great
thank you
happy farming

rcspence1234
May 03 2017, 11:39 AM
Not sure if suggested before, but a "Film Setting" contest would be pretty cool (i.e. locations, setpieces from various films/movies).

lillyobrien
May 11 2017, 06:44 PM
I make up my farm using everything that makes money,no just for looks items.I say let a contest be for farms made that way.

JudyD1651
May 14 2017, 02:32 PM
Design a farm with a Historical theme, something from history an event or a place.

DebLeah
Jun 05 2017, 01:17 PM
1. western theme [moderator note: already suggested]
2. medievel theme (not sure about spelling)
3. forestry
4. jungle
5. dinosaur or stoneage
If I think of anymore I will let you know. Not sure if you have done any of these. have a great day. Debbie

trina531
Jun 18 2017, 02:09 PM
WONDERS OF THE WORLD

Let's celebrate some of the most remarkable man made and natural wonders of the world from antiquity to present day.

sarapiki
Jun 19 2017, 09:37 AM
No se si alguien lo habra sugerido ya, pero pienso que seria bonito un concurso sobre castillos/palacios...

Not sure if this has been suggested, but it would be nice a theme about castles and palaces

artbee
Jun 30 2017, 09:48 PM
books
like reading books or from one favourite book

Allykat
Jul 01 2017, 01:29 AM
Hi, how about a funny farm using the funny buildings etc
cheers

Joyinlife
Jul 04 2017, 04:31 PM
my suggestion would be from cartoons.

Allykat
Jul 05 2017, 07:40 AM
Hi we could do a stone quarry where all the buildings are made of stone

cheers

mcouse
Jul 10 2017, 11:23 AM
Puzzles and Games;
Word search
Puzzle pieces
Game themes (Yahtzee, Monopoly, Chutes and Ladders, etc)

mcouse
Jul 10 2017, 11:25 AM
At the Track;
Car races
Horse races
Motorcycle races
Dog races
or any creative theme involving races, race sponsors, racing parts/equipment

mcouse
Jul 10 2017, 01:25 PM
UNDERWATER scenes.
ocean scenes (plant/animal life, sunken ships)
river scenes (plant/animal life)

Allykat
Jul 14 2017, 11:49 AM
Hi I would like to suggest s Timber Town where all the building are made from timber, vehicles etc people holding timber items such timber bucket/pail.

Disregarding time periods so long as it is all timber items only. thank you

caro_gordon
Jul 18 2017, 12:28 PM
"Summertime sun" ... What do you like to do in the summer sun.

artbee
Jul 22 2017, 03:40 AM
Watch cricket and celebrated Christmas in December and go swimming in the pool and at the beach.

GeeKeeper
Jul 25 2017, 08:28 PM
Why not theme a Farm around a favorite song

auntnana77
Jul 26 2017, 05:04 PM
create a farm after your favorite movie or a parody thereof :)

ellenaussiefarm
Jul 28 2017, 04:39 AM
I see we have two unfinnished houses now with windows doors and other things here is my idea. What about a farm using your best design using these you can either use and build the house or you can use the pieces to make something else eg highrise building another house with windows. The possibilites are endless.

Allykat
Jul 28 2017, 09:02 PM
a timber yard with trees, chopping, lumber mill etc showing the stages for milling and using timber

jnorton720
Jul 31 2017, 02:37 PM
I would like to see "Around in the World in 80 Days" in a monthly contest.

mumytheone
Aug 04 2017, 09:58 AM
I suggest the theme of windmills and water mills

Allykat
Aug 04 2017, 12:50 PM
hi I would like to suggest a timber farm where all houses etc are made of timber, with or without a timer process eg timber mill etc

cheers

AuroraMirage
Aug 24 2017, 08:49 PM
I have three suggestions.

1. [Moderator edit shopping malls already suggested]

2. Often when you go on cruises you get to go to a private island or cay. How about an island vacation resort?

3. Wedding Resort. A venue that is used solely for weddings.

Thanks for reading!

misskathleen
Sep 19 2017, 06:48 AM
For December, I would like to suggest designing a farm that could be on the cover of a Christmas card. Or any other holiday in December, like Hanukkah or Kwanzaa.

eleonora butin
Sep 28 2017, 10:09 PM
megusta como sugerencia que se puedan dibujar mandalas

I suggest mandalas

artbee
Sep 28 2017, 11:44 PM
What about one on doing something for the first time
Like riding a bike, or swimming, or even going on a date, or having your first child, or first pet. or first camp or family holiday

eleonora butin
Sep 30 2017, 01:07 AM
recrear series televisivas

Tv shows

eleonora butin
Sep 30 2017, 01:12 AM
haciendo efectos visuales con distintos elementos, crear el efecto visual de estar el interior de una vivienda

Create a view from inside a building or house.

misskathleen
Oct 01 2017, 06:56 AM
Since you now have many buildings from different countries in market, a farm similar to Epcot Center in Orlando, Fl is my suggestion.

ccheney
Oct 05 2017, 10:56 PM
What about religious themed farms? Any and all religions acceptable.

eleonora butin
Oct 28 2017, 03:10 AM
cuentos tradicionales infantiles

Children tales

misskathleen
Oct 28 2017, 06:34 AM
My suggestion is to design a farm that is in a quilt design, for example, pinwheel or star quilt pattern. Another idea is to design a farm like a cross stitch piece.

wnnrgn
Oct 30 2017, 12:19 PM
a farm design for the holidays using just crates

valleyhome
Oct 31 2017, 06:18 PM
I would love to see a contest where you make your farm that represents your country, history native vegetation and animals...for eg: Im from Australia, we are rich in gold, wheat and our native animals are the koala, kangaroo, emu's ...we are homed to Aboriginals and a vast multicultural population. We are the home of gum trees and our beef and sheep grazing is massive. To reflect this with FT would challenge any Australian FT player and to bring FT to our culture would be amazing to see. Our FT neighbours would learn alot from out farms and the mutual respect will grow...Mr Farmtown would have to make sure we can buy these items....lol....but im sure we all have hidden talents with our imaginations that has been hidden and bursting to come out and create these types of farms and show with pride...

wnnrgn
Nov 25 2017, 11:58 AM
make a waterwheel--abstarct art--your favorite game as a child--reflection--fantasty

ladymecca
Nov 28 2017, 07:15 PM
How abou tsomething now necessarily related; like dragons

tnbskts
Dec 30 2017, 10:39 PM
If we could get more birds and reeds and whatnot, I'd love to see a Wetlands theme. I'm trying to turn one of my farms into a wetlands area and am looking for inspiration.

mastermouse
Jan 12 2018, 11:45 PM
sports..any season

Jammvzn
Jan 28 2018, 04:40 PM
"The seven wonders of the modern world" this is my subject, I would like to see a deciracion or a pixel art of these wonders, these wonders are currently:
* Machu Picchu, in Cuzco, Peru.
Chichen Itza in Mexico.
The Colosseum in Rome, Italy.
The Christ the Redeemer statue, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The Great Wall of China, in China.
Petra, in Jordan.
The Taj Mahal, in Agra, India.
I would like versus farms with one of these wonders.

JCMIT2000
Apr 09 2018, 04:03 PM
A "Hobby" themed contest. The choice is that of the designer.

ie: Sports, Quilting, Fishing, Golf, Gardening, pottery, cooking, etc.

Aneida
Apr 21 2018, 04:56 PM
Farm theme Idea that I haven't seen - using anything from the FT Market Store)
1- Outer space ( galaxy, stars, planets, rockets, flying stars) heaven)
2- Under Water World (Fishes, corals, plants, sunken ships, treasures, divers, etc.)
3- Father's day (We have mothers day but haven't seen a Fathers day. Show a memory with a father, Jobs related: Truck Driver, construction, farmer, professional, business day, etc.)
4- Hero Appreciation day for Emergency workers Nurse, fireman, police, Military, care givers, Nurse Aids, Teachers, etc.)
5 - Health Awareness (Cancer, heart, Diabetic, Autism, Alzheimer, etc).
6 - Child hood memory

ccheney
Apr 21 2018, 05:17 PM
Has anyone suggested Best water farms. Farm designs or layouts using the lakes ponds and coasts?

OrcaLinda
Apr 22 2018, 02:20 AM
A theme using picnic and BBQ's, backyard get togethers, swimming, yard games, crokay, horse shoes etc.

Allykat
Apr 25 2018, 03:28 PM
my thoughts are a farm focusing on a particular animal eg cats, dogs, cows

cheers

Allykat
Jun 01 2018, 08:37 PM
fancy dress party

cocosfarm
Jul 06 2018, 02:08 PM
Asian farm
Fairgrounds
Parks
Medieval farm
Patriotic theme
Summer Vacation or Beach

Taz D
Jul 06 2018, 03:58 PM
As we are not running contests currently we are closing this thread until such time as we decide to start up the contests again.