PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- December 1st, 2016

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Aussie Rae
Dec 23 2016, 09:46 AM
Just found the Seaport Manager Tool so I just answered my own question. Would be nice to be notified on our regular screen without having to go look. I think having to go look to see if there's a ship at your port is going to greatly DECREASE neighbor participation which is going to be directly proportional to the amount of INCREASED frustration with the ships. Maybe that's already been done - I don't have any ships in my port yet (SOB!) so I don't know.

if you look at your tool box, you will see a number appear showing how many ships are there, I have had 1 so far, my ship is stuck on its 4th port of call as the person has not noticed yet, and has ignored my messages both within the game and via a fb message with a snip shot. lol UPDATE, my ship has now moved on! phew! ROFL

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 09:54 AM
Interesting post.... For me it is the complete opposite... I will focus on three containers - Metal Sheets / Ore, Rocks & Minerals and / Liquid Factory Ingredients. From there I will just add more if I have time. Key will be to start in morning - add containers as I can throughout the day - and make sure I ship it out in the evening..... If I do this every day, will always be a ship being loaded... and 6 at sea all the time. I look at the content from these as a bonus, so will take what I can - not like I lose anything by using them...

I am guessing the next months will see tools to speed up the loading / shipping process.... Maybe super ships and the like....

Amazing!!! I can't figure out why there are SUCH big differences in what we need. I've filled 4 containers so far in this order: Animal Products, Fish, Crops, Textiles. Those are my big 4 to run short on - textiles really only because of needing more wool for those products (so again, not enough animal products). Will probably do Liquids next although I really don't run out of those - or of any of the others. But for now, I think it's a fun challenge to see if I can get all 10 containers filled each day and my work schedule is such that it should be doable most days.

But yeah - that's my strategy - fill as many as I can each day, send the ship out before I go to bed. If I do one each day, I should have one to fill and one will come back each day. I LOVE it!

Taz D
Dec 23 2016, 09:58 AM
Appears that today , not sure if it is connected, but since I purchased a cargo ship I am now not able to post my facilities or clients either from the facility manager or direct from a farm. Yes I have reloaded , cleared memcache , any suggestions please :)
Hi meirwen,
I just checked mine and it posted ok. Are you not getting the pop up to post or what exactly are you seeing? Please post this problem in the Help & Support thread for Newsfeed Posts.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 10:00 AM
The pink highlights for the current container being loaded on the cargo ship is certainly very useful. Kudos to Raul and the team for making it so without our needing to ask for it! :)

Yes. Very helpful. :)

I also noticed there's a different background color for containers that are filled AND we have live updates on the Ship Manager. I'm not sure if we're still going to get logged out after 10 minutes or not - haven't tested that - but I can leave my Ship Manager tool open and it continues to count down while it's open. I'll try to tear myself away for more than 10 minutes to see if I still get logged out if my Ship Manager tool is open. Would be kinda nice if I don't. That way, I can just leave it open on my computer and do other things and just check my screen occasionally to see if it's time to start another container.

I CAN pry myself away for 10 minutes! I KNOW I can. ;)

lran
Dec 23 2016, 10:20 AM
Experimenting with ships! Sent my first ship out today - It was sent to someone who hardly plays farmtown. Haven't seen any posts or notification of them working. I thought it was supposed to start with someone who is one of your more active neighbors!!! I sent messages to her, but not sure she will respond as there isn't much activity!!

SeniorCornwall
Dec 23 2016, 10:28 AM
Experimenting with ships! Sent my first ship out today - It was sent to someone who hardly plays farmtown. Haven't seen any posts or notification of them working. I thought it was supposed to start with someone who is one of your more active neighbors!!! I sent messages to her, but not sure she will respond as there isn't much activity!!

I imagine we will need to realize that not everyone is on Farm Town all day.... Many log in and play a bit, then log out and live regular lives... I tend to work my farms in the morning when I have time.... Messaging me may not make a difference if I am not on. I will check the ship centre when I am on - but since we have no control of who the ships are sent to - nor do we know what else they have to do outside of Farm Town, we will need to accept what we get with a smile. Something like the neighborhood challenge... Sometimes we get stuff, and once in a blue moon we might actually get some farmcash. Think I got it once so far. View all of this as extra so not disappointed if the neighbors are not as active...

EireneM
Dec 23 2016, 10:29 AM
Trying to unload my ship and it keeps coming up with this error and I have to reload

Rugged Barbie
Dec 23 2016, 10:33 AM
Is there any advantage to buying the yellow ship over the blue ship other than 15 minutes it takes to fill it?
Is it 45 minutes vs 60 minutes per container to fill?
What if I only want to fill 1 container? Will the ship sail anyway?
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Barbs

Tom C
Dec 23 2016, 10:33 AM
Just had a number show up on my tool box so I went to open it and it show in side I had one ship at port, so I clicked on the seaport manage and it said not ships docked and now the number 1 that was showing is gone.

Tiger
Dec 23 2016, 10:35 AM
Trying to unload my ship and it keeps coming up with this error and I have to reload

Hi EireneM,

Can you please try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and see if it will let you unload the ship.

Tom C
Dec 23 2016, 10:36 AM
I bought the blue one last night and it said when I did that I could only have 1 blue ship dispatched at a time. I take it from that I can not buy 7 blue ships and send one of them out each day, has to be one of each color if you want to send them out each day. You can fill as many containers as you want and send the ship out if you only want to fill one you can fill that one and send it out.

Tiger
Dec 23 2016, 10:39 AM
Is there any advantage to buying the yellow ship over the blue ship other than 15 minutes it takes to fill it?
Is it 45 minutes vs 60 minutes per container to fill?
What if I only want to fill 1 container? Will the ship sail anyway?
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Barbs

Hi Rugged Barbie,

The ships are released according to level and neighbour requirement and yes the yellow one will load the products faster.

If you only want to load one container you can, the dispatch button will show up as soon as that container shows ready to ship.

Tiger
Dec 23 2016, 10:42 AM
I bought the blue one last night and it said when I did that I could only have 1 blue ship dispatched at a time. I take it from that I can not buy 7 blue ships and send one of them out each day, has to be one of each color if you want to send them out each day. You can fill as many containers as you want and send the ship out if you only want to fill one you can fill that one and send it out.

Hi Tom,

You can buy more blue ships, but the others will only be for decoration and will not carry products. If you want to dispatch a ship a day then yes you need one of each colour.

SeniorCornwall
Dec 23 2016, 10:43 AM
I imagine we will need to realize that not everyone is on Farm Town all day.... Many log in and play a bit, then log out and live regular lives... I tend to work my farms in the morning when I have time.... Messaging me may not make a difference if I am not on. I will check the ship centre when I am on - but since we have no control of who the ships are sent to - nor do we know what else they have to do outside of Farm Town, we will need to accept what we get with a smile. Something like the neighborhood challenge... Sometimes we get stuff, and once in a blue moon we might actually get some farmcash. Think I got it once so far. View all of this as extra so not disappointed if the neighbors are not as active...

Oh.... and for those that are interested, you can add the ship onto your main tool bar to avoid having to go into the meeting menus to get it

dave1949
Dec 23 2016, 11:21 AM
With regards the ships, what happens if the first dock visited no one responds?

Tom C
Dec 23 2016, 11:47 AM
then it sits there for 7 days and come home empty

dave1949
Dec 23 2016, 11:54 AM

Where did u see that?

dave1949
Dec 23 2016, 11:59 AM

THx Tom, Ive just read it again, It says the ship will remain at each port until worked on. Im sorry that's a waste of time.

maggiel29
Dec 23 2016, 12:10 PM
THx Tom, Ive just read it again, It says the ship will remain at each port until worked on. Im sorry that's a waste of time.

I wish they had made it so the ship skips a port after a certain amount of time - although then it probably wouldnt give neighbours much of a chance to catch it. Maybe we could have an option to tell the ship to skip a neighbour and move the ship on if it is held up. I really HATE the thought of nagging people to work my ships.

Holderdorn
Dec 23 2016, 12:12 PM
When will you ever increase the amount of marble rock and clay blocks and add the marble rock to trains and ships???? You add products that need it but never help us get more of it

JbarLFarms
Dec 23 2016, 12:27 PM

I see this causing angry neighbors and hard feelings. I know I have neighbors who don't help with quests or trains so they probably won't have interest in working cargo ships either. Which is no biggie for me. other than a waste of time if the ship gets stuck in a port for the 7 days. Time will tell I guess. Merry Christmas everyone!! Have a safe holiday season!

RFMad
Dec 23 2016, 01:16 PM
I have one ship from a neighbor. Each time I click on it to load products, there is more time to wait. I guess I'm not understanding what I'm doing for her ship. I have to leave so is this going to mess up her ship? Or will it continue on even if I'm not here physically?

marymarcel
Dec 23 2016, 01:28 PM
I have one ship from a neighbor. Each time I click on it to load products, there is more time to wait. I guess I'm not understanding what I'm doing for her ship. I have to leave so is this going to mess up her ship? Or will it continue on even if I'm not here physically?

Hi RFMad:)

Please open your yellow tool box and then click in the Seaport manager. Click in Enter Ship button and then in Load Products button. Think that you will have to click between 1 to 10 clicks to load the products. It is not always the same amount of clicks.

When products are loaded your neighbor's pic just disappears.

RFMad
Dec 23 2016, 01:32 PM
Ok, I kept clicking and hopefully it worked to send it on since it said there wasn't any in my port. I didn't realize that I had to keep clicking. Maybe it could be tweaked so that there is only one click?
I also didn't understand if the time left was how much time I had to click before it left?
Thanks.

Please open your yellow tool box and then click in the Seaport manager. Click in Enter Ship button and then in Load Products button. Think that you will have to click between 1 to 10 clicks to load the products. It is not always the same amount of clicks.

hilda jean ellis
Dec 23 2016, 01:34 PM
THINK THEY NEED TO RETHINK THE ACTIVE NEIGHBORS ON THIS...i HAVE NEIGHBORS THAT ARE 12 TO 14 HOURS AHEAD OF ME AND NEIGHBORS THAT ARE A DAY AHEAD OF ME IN TIME.I AM STUCK AT PORT 4 BECAUSE THAT NEIGHBOR WILL NOT BE BACK ON FOR 12 TO 14 HOURS SO THERE IS THAT TIME i HAVE TO SET AT THEIR PORT BECAUSE THEY AIN'T ON.AND WHOSE TO SAY THEY WILL EVEN LOOK AT THE SHIP THING TO SEND IT ON.THIS IS GONNA BE JUST LIKE THE NCC QUEST IF THEY DON'T DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.i HAVE ACTIVE NEIGHBORS THAT PLAY EVERYDAY AND SOME OF THEM DIDN'T EVEN MAKE MY LIST OF PORTS,SO DOESN'T MAKE MUCH SENSE TO ME TO EVEN USE ACTIVE NEIGHBORS THE WAY THEY ARE MAKING THE PICKS.JUST MY THOUGHTS ON ALL THIS SHIP THING

Shellgirlmtl
Dec 23 2016, 01:41 PM
Just want to report, I had a #1 showing on my Tool Box so clicked on it and noticed the Seaport Manager had a #1 on it too, figured there was a ship waiting for me to load but once I clicked on the Mgr it said 'There are no neighbour ships docked at your port'... so if a neighbour's ship was there it is now gone without being loaded... I cleared my memcache... Any advice???

I haven't bought any ships yet because I am not sure if I will have enough time to load it and dispatch it in 24 hrs, considering Christmas is just around the corner...

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to ALL...

Tiger
Dec 23 2016, 01:44 PM
THINK THEY NEED TO RETHINK THE ACTIVE NEIGHBORS ON THIS...i HAVE NEIGHBORS THAT ARE 12 TO 14 HOURS AHEAD OF ME AND NEIGHBORS THAT ARE A DAY AHEAD OF ME IN TIME.I AM STUCK AT PORT 4 BECAUSE THAT NEIGHBOR WILL NOT BE BACK ON FOR 12 TO 14 HOURS SO THERE IS THAT TIME i HAVE TO SET AT THEIR PORT BECAUSE THEY AIN'T ON.AND WHOSE TO SAY THEY WILL EVEN LOOK AT THE SHIP THING TO SEND IT ON.THIS IS GONNA BE JUST LIKE THE NCC QUEST IF THEY DON'T DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.i HAVE ACTIVE NEIGHBORS THAT PLAY EVERYDAY AND SOME OF THEM DIDN'T EVEN MAKE MY LIST OF PORTS,SO DOESN'T MAKE MUCH SENSE TO ME TO EVEN USE ACTIVE NEIGHBORS THE WAY THEY ARE MAKING THE PICKS.JUST MY THOUGHTS ON ALL THIS SHIP THING

Hi hilda jean ellis,

I moved your post to the new release thread so the developers can see your feeedback on the ships.

BamaMike
Dec 23 2016, 01:45 PM
I would like to see them add a way to skip neighbors after a set number of hours has gone by and the ship is still in a port. If I spend several hours loading the ship and say port 1 or 2 does not send the ship on that is not fair. It needs to be set up where you can move it on from a port after it sits say for 8 hours and if you skip that port you do not collect the products from that port.

mcdaddie
Dec 23 2016, 01:47 PM
I noticed that the notes have a very suspect "and tricky" wordage. They state "that the itinerary will be sent to the 30 MOST RECENTLY-ACTIVE neighbors you have". So that is not necessarily someone who spends a lot of time in FT, but rather the last 30 neighbors that logged into FT just before you dispatched your Ship. So if a person that only checking in to see their quests for 5 minutes each day (right before you dispatch) could very well be your "MOST RECENT ACTIVE PLAYER" and not see it for another 24 hrs. if then.

marymarcel
Dec 23 2016, 01:48 PM
Ok, I kept clicking and hopefully it worked to send it on since it said there wasn't any in my port. I didn't realize that I had to keep clicking. Maybe it could be tweaked so that there is only one click?
I also didn't understand if the time left was how much time I had to click before it left?
Thanks.

I only received one ship from a neighbor too, but think the time you are seeing is how much time it has been waiting in your port.

When I clicked in load products button and it was done, then the picture disappeared, so I think I did it ok and her ship was on its way to the next port:)

mcdaddie
Dec 23 2016, 01:54 PM

You have to click it the same number of times that there are active containers on the ship.

mcdaddie
Dec 23 2016, 02:19 PM
So far the question I have not seen and can't find any indicator to help us, is when you dispatch your ship then go buy another one and try to start the container Prep, you get the message "you can only start one ship every 24 hrs. Okay, I saw that in the release notes. But nowhere can I find a way to tell when that 24 hrs is up, or how many more hours/minutes before the prep can start.

Orx
Dec 23 2016, 02:47 PM
I have dispatched my first ship and am very disappointed to find that it has not gone to my most active neighbours. One has not even played since 2014!

mcdaddie
Dec 23 2016, 03:01 PM
I have dispatched my first ship and am very disappointed to find that it has not gone to my most active neighbours. One has not even played since 2014!
Then this is a problem, it is not conforming to stated rules and should definately be passed on to the devs. Hopefully one of the moderators will get your farm info to pass on to the devs so they can check into this. Active neighbors has been under scrutiny since ships came out, but this is very wrong. Good luck to you.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 03:02 PM
Oh.... and for those that are interested, you can add the ship onto your main tool bar to avoid having to go into the meeting menus to get it

VERY cool! Thanks for the tip.

Jdnelso
Dec 23 2016, 03:05 PM
what and when do the neighbors boosting the ships get?

Jdnelso
Dec 23 2016, 03:07 PM
So far the question I have not seen and can't find any indicator to help us, is when you dispatch your ship then go buy another one and try to start the container Prep, you get the message "you can only start one ship every 24 hrs. Okay, I saw that in the release notes. But nowhere can I find a way to tell when that 24 hrs is up, or how many more hours/minutes before the prep can start.

assuming that will be added to the show times in the tool box eventually ... i hope

NooNoo
Dec 23 2016, 03:11 PM
Problem

If a neighbour goes on holiday, you have no control over getting your ship back. You have no control over which neighbours it goes to.

Problem

If a neighbour has decided not to do ships, they are unlikely to go into the ships tool and load your ship.

Problem

In order to visit 30 neighbours, you have to get through 5 neighbours per day. There is no notification that a ship is coming into port so you can load it and send it on it's way.

Question

Where does the stock come from? When the neighbour loads the ship, are the goods coming from that neighbour's stock?

Dr. Dirt
Dec 23 2016, 03:12 PM
Need a way to send your ship on if hasn't been worked by your neighbor. It took me about 7 hours to prepare my ship this morning and so far it has been sitting at the first neighbors port for 5 hours.

hilda jean ellis
Dec 23 2016, 03:17 PM
this is not gonna work to well the way you have these ships set up.gonna be a lot of people peed about there ship being stuck at ports from 5 to ever how many days their neighbor is away from the game...and by the way how do you get the active neighbor list anyway? I have active neighbors that are no where on my list for the ship to go to their ports and they play everyday.so think you need to adjust the way you figure out whose ports they visit.

Tiger
Problem

If a neighbour goes on holiday, you have no control over getting your ship back. You have no control over which neighbours it goes to.

Problem

If a neighbour has decided not to do ships, they are unlikely to go into the ships tool and load your ship.

Problem

In order to visit 30 neighbours, you have to get through 5 neighbours per day. There is no notification that a ship is coming into port so you can load it and send it on it's way.

Question

Where does the stock come from? When the neighbour loads the ship, are the goods coming from that neighbour's stock?

Hi NooNoo,

I have moved your post into the New Release thread where the developers can see your feedback.

I can answer only 2 points for you.
The only way a neighbour will know if there is a ship to be loaded is if the load the game. Then there should be a red number on the Tool Box and the Seaport Manager indicating something needs doing.

The products come from the mayor not anyone's storage.

Jdnelso
Need a way to send your ship on if hasn't been worked by your neighbor. It took me about 7 hours to prepare my ship this morning and so far it has been sitting at the first neighbors port for 5 hours.

recommend sending them a message both in fb chat and in ft messages that way when they log onto fb they will get the message, or get it on their cellphone if they have the messages ap

NooNoo
Dec 23 2016, 03:20 PM
recommend sending them a message both in fb chat and in ft messages that way when they log onto fb they will get the message, or get it on their cellphone if they have the messages ap

If they get it on their cellphone, they can't load FT anyway.

Jdnelso
Dec 23 2016, 03:25 PM

no but at least they know they need to when they get home ...

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 03:26 PM
Just dispatched my first ship. I didn't recognize the name of the first port it was sent to and when I went to my Neighbors tab, did a Control+F and entered that name, it's not in my list of neighbors. Then I visually scanned my neighbor list, in case the person had recently changed their name and/or icon. I finally found a neighbor with the same icon but a different name so I guess that's the one. Looks like she had changed her name to work in the Marketplace and the Ship's Logbook is using that name. Even now that I know who it is, it's not someone I've ever known to work my farms - hope she starts now. I actually didn't even recognize the person. Wouldn't have known she was a neighbor. If she doesn't work my ship, will it come home empty in 7 days? I think we're going to need a little bit of a reward just for working so hard to fill the ship - even if a ship gets stuck at Port #1 and isn't worked at all.

I also have another suggestion - can we have a hover state for each of the icon photos in the Ship's Logbook that show's the person's actual name? That way, we've got more than one way to figure out who it is.

Jdnelso
Dec 23 2016, 03:27 PM
LOL I will need a coast guard to keep track of all these ships ....
btw I am on nearly all day everyday as i am disabled and this is my way to keep myself occupied.. my neighbor list is full right now but if you need a neighbor feel free to add me.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 03:32 PM

You can with the Puffin browser. I loaded several containers on my iPhone while I was out running errands today. Can't say it was EASY but the tip to put the ship in the Toolbox at the bottom may help.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 03:41 PM

How did you do that? I see how to add the Seaport Manager but not our actual ship that we're trying to fill. Is there a way to do that?

earlgray
Dec 23 2016, 03:46 PM
I wish they had made it so the ship skips a port after a certain amount of time - although then it probably wouldnt give neighbours much of a chance to catch it. Maybe we could have an option to tell the ship to skip a neighbour and move the ship on if it is held up. I really HATE the thought of nagging people to work my ships.

And add to that the possibility that a neighbor takes a break from FT for a few days for one reason or another (they go on vacation, their computer is in the shop, etc.). I will not nag my neighbors, nor will I be happy if neighbor nagging becomes a regular part of FT.

Dr. Dirt
Dec 23 2016, 03:53 PM
You can with the Puffin browser. I loaded several containers on my iPhone while I was out running errands today. Can't say it was EASY but the tip to put the ship in the Toolbox at the bottom may help.

Thanks for the tip! I was not aware of that. Tried it and it works great!

Dr. Dirt
Dec 23 2016, 03:57 PM
And add to that the possibility that a neighbor takes a break from FT for a few days for one reason or another (they go on vacation, their computer is in the shop, etc.). I will not nag my neighbors, nor will I be happy if neighbor nagging becomes a regular part of FT.

I agree, my first neighbor port just happened to be someone who announced yesterday he wouldn't be on much until after Christmas. Just my luck. lol I would rather have the option to move my ship forward than have to nag neighbors.

bjyhey3
Dec 23 2016, 04:12 PM
My ship is docked at the neighbor that plays the least. The second stop is at the same neighbor's second farm that plays even less often than the first farm. The ship is slated to dock at the farms that play the most often on days after her. I have a feeling my ship will be there for 7 days. I thought they were docking at the farms that are the most active in the first few days...very confusing.

Dr. Dirt
Dec 23 2016, 05:18 PM
There are 168 hours in 7 days. Divide that by 30 neighbors you get 5.6 hours. A ship should automatically move on to the next port after 6 hours of no help. Even better let me pick who the ship goes to like the trains. I know who is and isn't likely to help at any given time. The system as it is now has a lot of potential problems. I don't want to spend a lot of time preparing ships only to get a poor return due to things I have no control of. Just a few thoughts. :)

NooNoo
Dec 23 2016, 05:21 PM
Has anyone actually got (or had) a ship in port? I have been checking regularly but nothing has come in.

Aussie Rae
Dec 23 2016, 05:25 PM
Has anyone actually got (or had) a ship in port? I have been checking regularly but nothing has come in.

I have had 2 dock on my farm, loaded and sent them on their way.. my own ship is docked on a neighbor farm and so far has been there over 7 hours..

Aussie Rae
Dec 23 2016, 05:27 PM
There are 168 hours in 7 days. Divide that by 30 neighbors you get 5.6 hours. A ship should automatically move on to the next port after 6 hours of no help. Even better let me pick who the ship goes to like the trains. I know who is and isn't likely to help at any given time. The system as it is now has a lot of potential problems. I don't want to spend a lot of time preparing ships only to get a poor return due to things I have no control of. Just a few thoughts. :)

I AGREE.. let us decide.. I am so disappointed at the moment... lack of sleep may have something to do with it also....

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 05:46 PM
I'm agreeing with not liking the way the ships advance. Even though I didn't know the neighbor who has my #1 spot, I saw that she was on her farm so I decided to be a sport and send her a message and ask her if she'd mind advancing my ship. Not harassing at all - I thought I phrased it really nicely - like trying to make a new friend. But that was a couple of hours ago - she's no longer on her farm - and my ship was untouched. It feels doubly bad to have called her attention to it and have my message ignored. However, in her defense, I don't know her so I'm sure she doesn't know me so maybe it felt bad to her to have gotten a message from someone she doesn't even know. Maybe she's not a Forum junkie like I am so she may not have any idea that we even HAVE ships. I'm afraid I'm agreeing with the others - the process needs tweaking or I think there will be more hard feelings than good.

BamaMike
Dec 23 2016, 05:51 PM
As with anything new I know there are going to be people that are not happy and some things need to be adjusted. I see how it was set up and that was to make it harder as the ship moves on to gather products. The thing not fair about that is that the person sending the ship out to gather products has spent several hours loading the containers with no guarantee that it will even make it past the first port because the neighbor is either sick on vacation or says HEY I am not going to do the ship thing at all.

There needs to be a way that the one sending the ship out can bypass that port at some point, after a set number of hours. Then they can have the choice to send the ship on to the next port and not collect from the port they are leaving or they can stay and see if the neighbor will finally send the ship on and collect the goods from that port.

There are going to be alot of unhappy folks on both sides the way it is set up right now. The ones that are going to do the ships are going to unfriend people that are not going to do the ships(it is already happening) and the ones that do not want to do the ships are going to get hurt from losing friends and neighbors.

Just my 2 cents.

mcdaddie
Dec 23 2016, 05:52 PM
what and when do the neighbors boosting the ships get?
The satisfying feeling that you have done your part in the community to help out a neighbor to get his Ship sailing again ;).

BamaMike
Dec 23 2016, 05:59 PM
I have a possible bug with the new ships. I got a message that there was a ship a my port from one of the neighbors and the toolbar showed a number one. I opened the seaport manger and there was no ship at my port, this is the second time that I have seen a number in the seaport manger with no ships there. I cleared my cache and reopened my farm but it did not help.

mcdaddie
Dec 23 2016, 06:03 PM
In My Honest Opinion:
I have read and understand most peoples concerns about length of time to get the ship dispatched, the delays in getting the neighbor to help move it on, and the disappointment when it returns with just a minimal amount of products due to the neighbors lack of help. I DO believe that the choosing of so called "recently-active" neighbors needs a bit of tweaking, but it will work. Now to the point. The ships only cost coins, not FC therefore should not be as easy and 100 percent on the returns as the trains. The trains are smooth and simple, just some people can't afford or choose not to spend cash $$. So basically, you have to work very hard to get the benefits of someone that spent real money.

Just my opinion: Thanks for listening

hurican
Dec 23 2016, 06:16 PM
ok ........... glitch ....... my 2nd port is a person who is not on my neighbor list ..... an i can't even find her on the FB list ..... she lives in venezuala ...... an i think her account has been shut down from all the turmoil there ...... your instructions say ........ ships will port in your neighbors who are the most active ... i take that as neighbors on my neighbor bar which are all active ....

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure what's causing this or if it's fixable but I'm having a hard time opening the ship at times because I hover my cursor over it but it doesn't "catch" so I can't click. I was having a lot of trouble on my iPhone when I was using Puffin but I chalked it up to the browser. But the same thing is happening on my laptop with Chrome. Other things on my farm highlight on hover but the ship seems to be slow. So far, I can always get it eventually but it's not easy.

bjyhey3
Dec 23 2016, 06:48 PM

There isn't anyone in my port at this time either

Stu3
Dec 23 2016, 06:48 PM
These Ships need a Skip Feature so if you land in a Seaport where the person only works or has no connection for extended time that there is no Dead End.
:mad:

Taz D
Dec 23 2016, 06:50 PM
ok ........... glitch ....... my 2nd port is a person who is not on my neighbor list ..... an i can't even find her on the FB list ..... she lives in venezuala ...... an i think her account has been shut down from all the turmoil there ...... your instructions say ........ ships will port in your neighbors who are the most active ... i take that as neighbors on my neighbor bar which are all active ....
Hi hurican,
Check the picture and name you see for that person in the ships log and then see if you can find them on your neighbor bar and in the My Neighbors. I doubt that the person would not be a neighbor and would have to have been at some point recently. or they would not be in your ports list.

L.A.Bob
Dec 23 2016, 06:51 PM
My cargo ship is at my #5 stop, neighbor's port. He loaded it and it is stuck at 50%. I only put one container on it. Something is keeping it from moving on.

Taz D
Dec 23 2016, 06:52 PM
My cargo ship is at my #5 stop, neighbor's port. He loaded it and it is stuck at 50%. I only put one container on it. Something is keeping it from moving on.
Hi L.A. Bob,
If it is at 50% then they need to click again to complete it. They should click until it turns grey for them

L.A.Bob
Dec 23 2016, 06:56 PM
I just checked again and it had moved on after sitting there for awhile. My neighbor sent me this message......."I entered the ship again and hit load, now it says there is no longer a ship in my port." .....seems to be a slow completion in the ships somethimes

Dulcinea
Dec 23 2016, 07:01 PM
Well, if nothing else they make a nice decoration. My little girl had me buy the Barbie pink. She wanted that one herself, but she only has enough neighbors/levels for the orange.

max_river
Dec 23 2016, 07:02 PM
I have a question when you are preparing your ships can you close the box so you can do other things

storm36
Dec 23 2016, 07:06 PM

Thank god ships will move on after 6 hours or they should .. i dont have access to a computer during work hours, Mon - FRi 8+ hrs a day and would feel really bad if my neighbors ships sat at my dock all day until i got home from work to load them

Taz D
Dec 23 2016, 07:10 PM
I have a question when you are preparing your ships can you close the box so you can do other things
Hi Max_river,
Yes you can. It will continue until that container is ready.

Taz D
Dec 23 2016, 07:11 PM
Thank god ships will move on after 6 hours or they should .. i dont have access to a computer during work hours, Mon - FRi 8+ hrs a day and would feel really bad if my neighbors ships sat at my dock all day until i got home from work to load them
Hi Storm,
That was a suggested change. The ships do not move on after 6 hours.

bjyhey3
Dec 23 2016, 07:14 PM
My ship is docked at the neighbor that plays the least. The second stop is at the same neighbor's second farm that plays even less often than the first farm. The ship is slated to dock at the farms that play the most often on days after her. I have a feeling my ship will be there for 7 days. I thought they were docking at the farms that are the most active in the first few days...very confusing.

Actually, the second stop is the same farm as the first. There is only one neighbor with her name...she just changed her profile picture lately. My ship has been there 8 hrs and will probably come back empty.

Snookie Sue
Dec 23 2016, 07:24 PM
I thought that if no one helps out they still come back in 7 days. Am I correct? If so - what's to worry about? Please reply Taz or someone. Thanks.

Gail Green-jeans
Dec 23 2016, 07:24 PM
Agree with the poster who stated that since the ships are a coin item, that the reward shouldn't be as lucrative as a FC train (and don't forget, you have to pay for each car, so they are costly). As to the people who are concerned about their ship getting stuck in a port with no assistance from that neighbor. I will let this happen once, but if it happens twice with the same neighbor, then that is when they will no longer remain a neighbor. I'm sure there will be plenty of people anxious to obtain new neighbors just to fill the amount needed to obtain the ships. Un-neighboring might seem extreme, it is a personal choice, but I do this when I continually work a neighbors facility posts and they don't return the favor.

Taz D
Dec 23 2016, 07:26 PM
I thought that if no one helps out they still come back in 7 days. Am I correct? If so - what's to worry about? Please reply Taz or someone. Thanks.
Hi Snookie Sue,
Yes it will come back in 7 days.

Gail Green-jeans
Dec 23 2016, 07:30 PM
Does anyone know if the 24 hour period until you can start loading the next ship is 24 hours from when you first started loading the last dispatched ship or 24 hours from when you dispatched that last ship?

mcdaddie
Dec 23 2016, 07:57 PM
There isn't anyone in my port at this time either
Yes I have had 3 or 4 and sent them on their way. Depending on how active you are you could be further down the list and they will get there eventually. Just keep checking. "If you build it, they will come"

Dr. Dirt
Dec 23 2016, 08:08 PM
I believe we will see people seeking revenge on people who weren't able to get to their ships quickly by waiting the same amount of time on purpose. If the ships are not able to move forward somehow without being worked I can see this getting real messy. lol

docmm6
Dec 23 2016, 08:19 PM
I had a number 1 in my seaport and had got a message from the ship owner. Opened my seaport and was told no ship. Cleaned memcache, closed farm, went to sea port no number. Opened it no ship. Than got message ship had moved on from the owner. Don't understand this.

Taz D
Dec 23 2016, 08:38 PM
Raul has made some updates to the release about the cargo ships:

Post-Release Updates - December 23, 7:30PM

- Fixed an issue when the red circle in the tool box icon was showing 99 when visiting friends.
- When opening a Ship for preparation (say, the green ship), if 24 hours have not passed yet since the last time you started the preparation for another ship, it will tell you exactly the remaining time you have to wait to be able to start the preparation of the green ship.
- We are currently working on improving the way the neighbour ports are selected to built the itinerary for the ship, so it includes neighbours more familiar to you, even when others have visited the game more recently.
- Notice that if you suspect a neighbour in the ship itinerary has not been active recently, you can go to the 'My Neighbours' tab, find that neighbour and confirm the last visit there.

Known Issues

- Sometimes you see a red circle with a number in the Tool Box icon, indicating that there are ships waiting in your port, however when you open the Seaport Manager there is no ship there.

Aussie Rae
Dec 23 2016, 09:19 PM
Hi Storm,
That was a suggested change. The ships do not move on after 6 hours.

lol, mine has been stuck at the 6th port for almost 12 hours now, have sent messages but no answer.. afraid the current method is a failure... so sad, was so excited now about to quit with the ships from my end.. will load any that arrive but won't bother sending anymore out unless there is a major re think on how the neighbors are chosen...

leighwj1960
Dec 23 2016, 09:25 PM
Maybe the ships should only dock at farms whose owner has actually chosen to buy the ships.

Missy Lou
Dec 23 2016, 09:35 PM
note to myself. 30 most recently active neighbours doesn't mean the most recent just that your neighbour was in the last 30 most recent.

Lara
Dec 23 2016, 09:38 PM
Just found the Seaport Manager Tool so I just answered my own question. Would be nice to be notified on our regular screen without having to go look. I think having to go look to see if there's a ship at your port is going to greatly DECREASE neighbor participation which is going to be directly proportional to the amount of INCREASED frustration with the ships. Maybe that's already been done - I don't have any ships in my port yet (SOB!) so I don't know.
A red number shows up on the tool box when there is a ship in port and you can go inside to the ships manager which also has the red number on it

mcdaddie
Dec 23 2016, 09:39 PM
Does anyone know if the 24 hour period until you can start loading the next ship is 24 hours from when you first started loading the last dispatched ship or 24 hours from when you dispatched that last ship?
you don't have to remember when you started and/or dispatched. If you will try to start prep on the next ship, it will give you an info box stating you have to wait 24 hrs, and now there is also right under that statement and hours or minutes indication of when you may start another.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 09:44 PM
Maybe the ships should only dock at farms whose owner has actually chosen to buy the ships.

This could help. Raul's message about choosing people who are already working your farms also sounds like an improvement.

My first port person did respond to my message and send my ship on its way eventually but she's not doing ships. She was very nice about it but the whole thing just felt sort of icky. I wouldn't want her to be first on my list again tomorrow - would be sort of embarrassing. I WANT to do ships; they're my kind of thing and I love the general idea; but the neighbor process is definitely a deterrent. I don't like feeling like I'm bugging people - but I also don't like the frustration of seeing my ships stuck in ports.

lynnetimpeiro@msn.com
Dec 23 2016, 09:51 PM
I really hope Raul can figure some other way on the neighborhood business (perhaps those in neighborhood who own cargo ships). This has gotten very tacky -- and, I've heard some have gotten kind of nasty about this thing. The posts are going out that if you don't want to play, to tell the neighbors so they can move you to "friend," and a few of them have even gone so far as to tell people if they don't want to participate, the person will unfriend them as opposed to only switching them to friends. No one is thinking at this point -- this is like a full week or more of Christmas and New Years - people aren't going to sit by computer to move ships through. UGH!! I want to do the ships but I have some neighbors who aren't into any of the extras (quests, rrs, ships). I know they are going to be terribly hurt and upset if people start with this unfriending or moving them around. Just hope Raul can figure some way to do this so this unnecessary squabbling will end.

lornagayle
Dec 23 2016, 09:52 PM
I too feel like I am bugging my neighbors , so far the ones I have contacted have been nice , but I think I would either like to choose who I send it to as I know some neighbors are more helpful then others, and this time of year lots of people are busy away from the pc enjoying the holiday. I have faith they will get the bugs worked out and we will have a fun time with the ships once we all figure things out, Merry chistmas to the devs and mods who give so much of their time with this game.

Taz D
Dec 23 2016, 10:04 PM
I really hope Raul can figure some other way on the neighborhood business (perhaps those in neighborhood who own cargo ships). This has gotten very tacky -- and, I've heard some have gotten kind of nasty about this thing. The posts are going out that if you don't want to play, to tell the neighbors so they can move you to "friend," and a few of them have even gone so far as to tell people if they don't want to participate, the person will unfriend them as opposed to only switching them to friends. No one is thinking at this point -- this is like a full week or more of Christmas and New Years - people aren't going to sit by computer to move ships through. UGH!! I want to do the ships but I have some neighbors who aren't into any of the extras (quests, rrs, ships). I know they are going to be terribly hurt and upset if people start with this unfriending or moving them around. Just hope Raul can figure some way to do this so this unnecessary squabbling will end.

I too feel like I am bugging my neighbors , so far the ones I have contacted have been nice , but I think I would either like to choose who I send it to as I know some neighbors are more helpful then others, and this time of year lots of people are busy away from the pc enjoying the holiday. I have faith they will get the bugs worked out and we will have a fun time with the ships once we all figure things out, Merry chistmas to the devs and mods who give so much of their time with this game.
Hi Lynne and Lorna,
We ALL need to remember too that this has just been released last night. Not everyone is even aware that it has happened. So I urge everyone to please be patient with your neighbors and not to expect too much during the first couple weeks of this until most find out about it and while the developers work to tweak this.
Just like any major addition to the game it will take some time for the kinks to be worked out and for everyone to get up to speed on it.
I suggest that when you do contact a neighbor about this, that you please tell them exactly what they need to do, that it won't cost them anything as the goods come from the mayor, and direct them here to see what it is all about.

MOM GLENDA
Dec 23 2016, 10:04 PM
we need a light to flash or a light to come on to tell us we have a neighbors ship in our port .i stay so busy on here i will never remember to go look and see if i have a neighbors ship to work .please consider this thanks for a great game

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 10:17 PM
we need a light to flash or a light to come on to tell us we have a neighbors ship in our port .i stay so busy on here i will never remember to go look and see if i have a neighbors ship to work .please consider this thanks for a great game

Yes - something on our main screen to tell us if neighbors' ships are in our port and also to tell us what ports our own ship(s) are in would be great!

Also, like others have expressed, I fully believe this will be tweaked to where it's a super good thing. My comments are meant to be helpful - to provide feedback - not to complain.

earlgray
Dec 23 2016, 10:54 PM
People are complaining that ships have been sitting in some neighbor's port for 5 or 6 hours. I will be happy to load and move on neighbors' ships when they come to my port, but for heavens sake, I don't log onto FT once an hour. Normally I log on two, maybe three times a day at most. So as far as I'm concerned, the expectation for a ship to be loaded and advanced every 5 or 6 hours is completely unreasonable. Personally, I don't care that much about the ships, because I don't particularly need the extra products they bring, but I bought one and dispatched it anyway just so I would understand how they work. But people's reactions to the whole ship thing seems to be bordering on hysteria, if people are threatening to un-neighbor, unfriend people who don't advance their ships. It's like somehow the ships have become the most important thing in the game, instead of just another aspect. I do not think this is a good development.

Dulcinea
Dec 23 2016, 10:59 PM
Players who don't know where the Seaport Manager is are never going to look at it. You've got to make it something everyone sees when they first log in.

I just looked into that. I'm using all the available spaces in my main tool bar. To add the Seaport Manager, I would need an additional space.

Tom C
Dec 23 2016, 11:15 PM
I also do not need the products they carry, my farm is large and produces all I need, plus I do have 10 trains which I send out when I think of them. I for one am not going to bug a neighbor to move my ship on, I would not want bugged to do so. I will move a ship on to the next port when one comes in, I do not need to be told to. Also I work a full time job, today I work from 1:30pm to 11:00pm. I log off ft about 12:45am this morning to get ready to go to work and got home about 11:45pm. So if a ship go to my port at 2 this afternoon guess what it is going to sit for close to 10 hours before i can move it on. I have seen where people are saying a ship has been sitting at a port for 6, 7, 8 hours and they are upset, well that person might be working. Like someone else said someone might be busy doing christmas stuff. I think a feature should be added that if a ship has not moved in 24 hours we should be able to send it on.

NJones277
Dec 23 2016, 11:24 PM
I've bought all the ships, and dispatched one so far. (accidentally bought 2 purple ones - put the second one in storage hoping that in a few months we can get another set, like we did with trains). I don't really think you need to ask your neighbors to load your ship unless you know they won't mind helping. Whatever it gets in 7 days you get. It would be nice to have a notice that there is a neighbor's ship in your port. However, all day I've had a "1" on the tool box and the ship tool (forgot what it's called) that's in the tool box. Once I go check it out, there's nothing there, except once today. Since I loaded the ship in my port, the "1" hasn't reappeared. It's nice that we can move the ships around. I'm waiting for the next farm to "build" a port for all ships (maybe we could have a port farm that's just water). If we get to have another set of ships, we could expand our port. Just a thought. I was surprised that a ship would actually go on the farm. Anyway, we all know that this has to be tweaked, and it will be. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Be safe. See you on the farm. :)

maggiel29
Dec 24 2016, 12:07 AM

Yes I was thinking this too - I also have neighbours that arent interested in the extras - quests, etc. We do need something to enable us to skip a neighbours port or select the ones the ship goes to. Mine is currently stuck at a neighbours port who I know is away for two weeks with no computer.

Having said that - as I said before I see any goods my ships collect as a bonus - I am lucky enough to make all I need with my current facilities and the trains. I think it is a fun addition and I am confident the Devs will come up with tweaks and improvements - its early days yet and as Taz said a lot of people wont have even noticed the ships are there!

Petuniaflower
Dec 24 2016, 01:04 AM
OK I sent off a ship,and it is stuck. I even messaged the neighbor it was sent to. She didn't even know what I was talking about. I didn't even bother to explain. I don't want to be in a position of bothering neighbors.It seems some or one isn't even doing the ships

justmecookin
Dec 24 2016, 01:25 AM
I have the ships which I love. Its been stuck now 12 hours on the first person. She is on holiday and wont be back til the 10th. Mine will return without any goods. We need to be able to pick who we send them to

Tom C
Dec 24 2016, 01:45 AM
I keep getting a 1 in thew toolbox and when i go there and click on the seaport manager it says there are no ships in port.

JuliaK
Dec 24 2016, 03:04 AM
I do have a query about the ships... I have the required neighbours to run all the ships, but what happens if it goes to a neighbours port who is inactive because of a genuine reason??? will the ship sit there until it is filled by that neighbour?? Also I have just got a message from a neighbour that there ship is at my port and yet nothing is showing up in my seaport manager. I have tried a restart and still nothing... thanks for a wonderful game no complaints from me just a query.. happy holidays!!!!

JuliaK
Dec 24 2016, 03:07 AM
I have the ships which I love. Its been stuck now 12 hours on the first person. She is on holiday and wont be back til the 10th. Mine will return without any goods. We need to be able to pick who we send them to

I am having the same experience... and yes I do agree we should be able to pick who we send to

Susan Canning
Dec 24 2016, 03:43 AM
I've been stuck at port 2 for over 12 hours, will it move on eventually if she does not load it?

justmecookin
Dec 24 2016, 03:54 AM
Susan I could be wrong but I think it stays until its clicked...It will return in 7 days. Mine is stuck on the 1st port and I wont get anything as she is on holiday

Dr. Dirt
Dec 24 2016, 04:13 AM
Ship is still stuck at first port 18 hours later. Have about 10 minutes before I can start preparing the 2nd ship. Going to try it just to see if it goes to the same port first. Wondering if it's worth it at this point.

LazyMare
Dec 24 2016, 04:42 AM
One of my neighbours has their first ship "stuck" at it's first port of call for the last 20.8 hours, but on the other hand, one of my neighbours loaded my ship within 6 minutes of arrival in their port.

Lots of people won't notice the new feature for a while, plus it's a busy time of year for many so think a bit of patience may be required.

From Raul's Post-Release Updates - December 23, 7:30PM
"- We are currently working on improving the way the neighbour ports are selected to built the itinerary for the ship, so it includes neighbours more familiar to you, even when others have visited the game more recently.
- Notice that if you suspect a neighbour in the ship itinerary has not been active recently, you can go to the 'My Neighbours' tab, find that neighbour and confirm the last visit there."

Daphne23
Dec 24 2016, 05:16 AM
My ship is stuck at #1. This neighbour plays very infrequently. We need to be able to select our neighbours. Does that mean I receive no goods when the ship returns?

Petuniaflower
Dec 24 2016, 05:49 AM
My ship is stuck at #1. This neighbour plays very infrequently. We need to be able to select our neighbours. Does that mean I receive no goods when the ship returns?
Same here. I think there should be a time limit for a neighbor to send off a neighbors ship.

Lara
Dec 24 2016, 06:37 AM
I have a different query although I can see problems with the neighbours port list generated for us. With each port it nominates a certain number of goods from the neighbour sending on the ship. Does this mean that if I only load 1 container I will get that number of goods for that container but if I load 10 contrainers I will get that number of goods in total for all 10 containers.

Zany Clover
Dec 24 2016, 06:51 AM
Having ship problem. It's hung up now for 11 hrs at port 2 (JennyEDITED by LazyMare to remove real name) who isn't in on my list of neighbors. She's often in my NC but is usually toward the bottom in terms of contribution. This week she has the 4 facilities but no points by one and less than 1,800 pts total---that's not an active player....In fact, I'll probably be deleting her after this because she also has no Farmtown posts on her facebk page. But how did she wind up being my #2 port? It's pretty discouraging when it takes so much time to load each of those 10 containers. ;(

LazyMare
Dec 24 2016, 06:59 AM
I have a different query although I can see problems with the neighbours port list generated for us. With each port it nominates a certain number of goods from the neighbour sending on the ship. Does this mean that if I only load 1 container I will get that number of goods for that container but if I load 10 contrainers I will get that number of goods in total for all 10 containers.

Each container carries a different amount of goods which increases with every port - the Ship's Containers tab tells you how many goods each container is currently carrying and how many are expected from the port your ship is currently at. The Ship's Logbook tab tells you the total amount of goods for all loaded containers

Lara
Dec 24 2016, 06:59 AM
Well I have another query. I just dispatched my second ship. It was a big shock when I looked at the ship's log and discovered if I managed to get to port #30 they were only going to load 5147 products. Port one is only 180 products and there is not much in between. Does this mean if I spend hours loading a 3rd ship in 24 hours time it will be even less than this. I hate to think what you would get from the 7th ship if this is a progressive decrease in the products loaded with each ship we send. I have loaded 7 containers and it certainly isn't worth the effort at this rate.

LazyMare
Dec 24 2016, 07:04 AM
Having ship problem. It's hung up now for 11 hrs at port 2 (Jenny EDITED TO REMOVE REAL NAME) who isn't in on my list of neighbors. She's often in my NC but is usually toward the bottom in terms of contribution. This week she has the 4 facilities but no points by one and less than 1,800 pts total---that's not an active player....In fact, I'll probably be deleting her after this because she also has no Farmtown posts on her facebk page. But how did she wind up being my #2 port? It's pretty discouraging when it takes so much time to load each of those 10 containers. ;(

The Devs are looking into how to improve the selection of neighbours for our ships itineraries - people aren't necessrily plying as often as they usually do at the moment so it maybe too early to think about removing neighbours

LazyMare
Dec 24 2016, 07:12 AM
Well I have another query. I just dispatched my second ship. It was a big shock when I looked at the ship's log and discovered if I managed to get to port #30 they were only going to load 5147 products. Port one is only 180 products and there is not much in between. Does this mean if I spend hours loading a 3rd ship in 24 hours time it will be even less than this. I hate to think what you would get from the 7th ship if this is a progressive decrease in the products loaded with each ship we send. I have loaded 7 containers and it certainly isn't worth the effort at this rate.

The amount of products you will receive increases with every port visited.
I see no mention in the release of later ships carrying less than earlier ones

justmecookin
Dec 24 2016, 07:25 AM
For the ships....I think it would be good to have a time limit then it moves on to the next neighbor. That way it doesnt just sit at a port for 7 days then returns home empty.

mindyj5
Dec 24 2016, 07:56 AM
I agree with many here. My ship is stuck at port 2, a neighbor who isn't going to do the ships. This is happening to many people. I've seen people in groups posting that they have no intention of doing anything with ships, even saying they don't intend to help by doing the ports at all. This ship thing will be a total flop, there's no point in putting the extra time in. The devs must not have considered that so many people wouldn't participate. The worse thing I see is people msging others rudely and threatening to delete neighbors. I like the ships and anything I get is more than what I had. But for this to work, it needs re figured. Maybe it could be handled like train boosts, we choose who our ships go to or as someone here said, maybe only go to those who have ships. Or a time limit as was also suggested, although that will not get us a maximum of products if too many ports are skipped.Most recent active players doesn't mean they will participate.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2016, 08:41 AM
OK I sent off a ship,and it is stuck. I even messaged the neighbor it was sent to. She didn't even know what I was talking about. I didn't even bother to explain. I don't want to be in a position of bothering neighbors.It seems some or one isn't even doing the ships

Oooooh . . . I wish it had come to me, Petuniaflower! I've been dying to have neighbor ships in my port and haven't had any yet! So sorry to hear yours is stuck. :(

I'm filling up a new one today. Hopefully it will have better luck than the first one. Although my first one is now in Port #3 so that's progress! LOL

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2016, 08:45 AM
Ship is still stuck at first port 18 hours later. Have about 10 minutes before I can start preparing the 2nd ship. Going to try it just to see if it goes to the same port first. Wondering if it's worth it at this point.

I'm loading my second one, too - and, like you, really hoping the list of neighbors will be different this time. I'm guessing it will.

Taz D
Dec 24 2016, 08:48 AM
Hi All,
Please do not continue to post that your ship is stuck at someone's port. The developers are looking at a way to improve the selection of the neighbors your ship will go to. However, they will not be able to change the list for this first ship. We understand that the ships are getting stuck as it is the holidays and some are not playing during this family time as well as that there are some less active players in your lists. Please be patient while they try to make this operate better.
If you find something new that needs to be address do please post it here.

ckerider
Dec 24 2016, 08:51 AM
Regarding the ship problem with people not helping to keep out ships moving. Maybe if the Devs would show it in the 'my requests' tab the people not participating in the ships would do it (like the Trains). I know this is going to cause a lot of minimal players to lose neighbors because we will delete them so we can play the game the way we want to. On my first ship the first neighbor did it in 2 minutes and now it is stuck at Port#2 for 18 hours. I don't want to contact this neighbor and ask her to do it... so I will just hope for the best. Not very encouraging for the players who actually participate in the challenge. Maybe a time limit would work the best because at least it will keep moving. The devs have to do something for sure.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2016, 08:57 AM
Each container carries a different amount of goods which increases with every port - the Ship's Containers tab tells you how many goods each container is currently carrying and how many are expected from the port your ship is currently at. The Ship's Logbook tab tells you the total amount of goods for all loaded containers

So my first ship is on Port #3. If it doesn't go any farther, the Port #2 person loaded a total of 2217 products. I have all 10 containers loaded. Does that mean that the TOTAL I would get would be 2217 products? Or do I get 2217 of each container, i.e., 2217 x 10 = 22170 products?

Taz D
Dec 24 2016, 09:03 AM
So my first ship is on Port #3. If it doesn't go any farther, the Port #2 person loaded a total of 2217 products. I have all 10 containers loaded. Does that mean that the TOTAL I would get would be 2217 products? Or do I get 2217 of each container, i.e., 2217 x 10 = 22170 products?
Hi Susan,
If you look at the first tab in your ship when you open the details each container tells you how many products have been loaded currently.

jennycoll
Dec 24 2016, 09:07 AM
I am quite intrigued with the ships. The overall concept is appealing. I am sure once we all go through the growing pains, the kinks will be worked out.

Just a few things -
- I don't disagree with the 1 ship per 24 hour period however it was not actually 24 hours. The time frame from beginning my first ship to being allowed to begin my second ship was 26 hours.
- I would have liked to see more options for cargo to load instead of exactly like the trains. Marble, leather, mussels would have been a nice addition.
- a possible opt in/out would be helpful. Just like with the cooperative quests, non-participation only effects yourself.
- a thank you button for sending a gift to those that move your ship along would be nice. I would love to thank those that lend a hand.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2016, 09:21 AM
Here's a suggestion - not 100% thought out but you'll get the idea and if you like it, can tweak to suit:

I think it would help to consolidate EVERYTHING into one tool - probably the Seaport Manager since that's a tool we can put in the bottom toolbox for easy access/visibility. Then we'd have tabbed screens on that one tool - one for Ship's Containers, one for Ship's Logbook, one for neighbors ships that are in your port.

The Ship's Containers and Ship's Logbook tabs would have an extra step in them because you'd have to click a picture of the ship first (yellow, pink, blue, whatever). Once you did that, it would open to what we have now. That way, we can access all ships we have launched from one place and we can work everything pertaining to ships from our toolbox without having to navigate to the farm where each ship is unless we want to. We can still do it the way it is now (i.e., go to the farm) and work each ship separately - no need to change what we have now - this is an added feature that would help, I think, for those of us who are hoping to have all 7 ships launched at all times AND be able to provide quick turn-around to neighboring ships that land at our ports.

So my current wish list is:

1. Change in the way the neighbors are chosen to decrease the likelihood of us all killing one another :D
2. This new, consolidated tool
3. A better way to notify neighbors when a ship is in their port. Maybe an onscreen thing - or maybe we could even have an opt-in email notification for those of us who'd like that? In other words, a thing that says, "Would you like the Mayor to send you an email letting you know when you have a neighbor's ship in your port?" I know a lot of people would NOT like that - ergo the need for opt-in - but some of us might like it. Thing is - if you create the opt-in, you'll also need an opt-out if people decide they don't want to be bothered. I haven't had any ships in my port yet so once I see the current functionality, I may feel like that's enough. Although I do sort of like the email thing.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2016, 09:29 AM
Hi Susan,
If you look at the first tab in your ship when you open the details each container tells you how many products have been loaded currently.

Ah, thanks! I hadn't seen that. More questions:

1. So, for example, my Factory Ingredients container is currently "carrying" 120 products and it says "To Load on This Port: 121". That means if Neighbor #3 works my ship, I'll get double the amount??? THAT'S pretty awesome!

2. On a glummer note, though, my Animal Products container is currently only carrying 14 products and will load 7 more at this port. There are 7 different types of animal product in the container, so does that mean I only get ONE hen egg, ONE sheep wool, ONE horse hair, etc., at each port? Since the Animal Products are what I'm needing most right now, that's a little disappointing.

Dr. Dirt
Dec 24 2016, 09:32 AM
I have had two ships in my port so far. The first one took about 7 clicks to fill. The second one took 37 clicks to fill. I thought the maximum number of clicks would be 10 (one for each container). Did I read that right or does it take more clicks the further down the list your port is since there is more product to load?

Taz D
Dec 24 2016, 09:34 AM
Ah, thanks! I hadn't seen that. More questions:

1. So, for example, my Factory Ingredients container is currently "carrying" 120 products and it says "To Load on This Port: 121". That means if Neighbor #3 works my ship, I'll get double the amount??? THAT'S pretty awesome!

2. On a glummer note, though, my Animal Products container is currently only carrying 14 products and will load 7 more at this port. There are 7 different types of animal product in the container, so does that mean I only get ONE hen egg, ONE sheep wool, ONE horse hair, etc., at each port? Since the Animal Products are what I'm needing most right now, that's a little disappointing.
Hi SUsan,
Those are questions we can't answer as we have not gotten any farther along than you and the rest have, so we haven't seen what exactly we are getting. Contrary to popular belief we moderators do not get any advanced information. We play as you do and find out as you do. You will just have to wait and see. I do know the animal products train car does not bring a lot, so expect the ship container will not bring a lot either.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2016, 09:46 AM
I am quite intrigued with the ships. The overall concept is appealing.
- I would have liked to see more options for cargo to load instead of exactly like the trains. Marble, leather, mussels would have been a nice addition.
- a possible opt in/out would be helpful. Just like with the cooperative quests, non-participation only effects yourself.
- a thank you button for sending a gift to those that move your ship along would be nice. I would love to thank those that lend a hand.

Nice suggestions. My list for your first item would be different but I do like the concept of having some different items. And I like the ships, too. A very fun addition to the game.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2016, 09:48 AM
Hi SUsan,
Those are questions we can't answer as we have not gotten any farther along than you and the rest have, so we haven't seen what exactly we are getting. Contrary to popular belief we moderators do not get any advanced information. We play as you do and find out as you do. You will just have to wait and see. I do know the animal products train car does not bring a lot, so expect the ship container will not bring a lot either.

Ha! Ok, thanks. I would think it would be doubly hard to be a moderator if you're doing it semi-blind. I hope YOUR ship isn't stuck somewhere or we might never get answers! LOL

lgable
Dec 24 2016, 09:52 AM
I have just noticed that the number of items loaded in the containers has not increased since the first person loaded them. 2 more neighbours have loaded since then. Yesterday it stated waiting at Port (Name). Now it says at the top unload ship

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2016, 09:59 AM
Hi SUsan,

P.S. Thanks for being here and working the holiday. It's nice to get our questions answered so quickly. You're awesome. :)

Snookie Sue
Dec 24 2016, 10:03 AM
I have a ship stuck in my 3rd neighbor's port. I messaged her and she was kind enough to try and move it. She went to the ship manager icon in her tool box and clicked on my ship. Nothing happened. She tried that twice. Are we missing something here? I have yet to have anyone in my port so had no experience to guide her with. SO - just what the heck do our kind neighbors have to do to get our pesky ships OUT of their ports????? Can you offer any help on this Taz and company? :o Thanks

NJones277
Dec 24 2016, 10:04 AM
I'm stuck at Port #2 and it says Port Unknown. There was a person listed, but I went into My Neighbors and she wasn't a neighbor. I reloaded and now it's Unknown. So, I guess the ship can't move to the next port since Unknown will never load.

Texas Star
Dec 24 2016, 10:19 AM
I have a ship stuck in my 3rd neighbor's port. I messaged her and she was kind enough to try and move it. She went to the ship manager icon in her tool box and clicked on my ship. Nothing happened. She tried that twice. Are we missing something here? I have yet to have anyone in my port so had no experience to guide her with. SO - just what the heck do our kind neighbors have to do to get our pesky ships OUT of their ports????? Can you offer any help on this Taz and company? :o Thanks

I had a neighbor's ship in my port this morning... I just clicked on it several times (once for each cargo container she prepared) then it disappeared, hopefully went to next port and didn't get caught in Bermuda Triangle like some seem to have done.

NanCEurich
Dec 24 2016, 10:23 AM
If we have to spend all this time preparing these ships to send out and then they get stuck in someone's port and we can do nothing about it, I can tell you I will not be doing this. We NEED a way to get the ship to move after a given amount of time like 8 yrs or so. Not the whole 7 days.

earlgray
Dec 24 2016, 10:25 AM
Regarding the ship problem with people not helping to keep out ships moving. Maybe if the Devs would show it in the 'my requests' tab the people not participating in the ships would do it (like the Trains). I know this is going to cause a lot of minimal players to lose neighbors because we will delete them so we can play the game the way we want to. On my first ship the first neighbor did it in 2 minutes and now it is stuck at Port#2 for 18 hours. I don't want to contact this neighbor and ask her to do it... so I will just hope for the best. Not very encouraging for the players who actually participate in the challenge. Maybe a time limit would work the best because at least it will keep moving. The devs have to do something for sure.

Maybe a preference could be added whereby the player chooses whether or not he/she wants to be part of the ships operation. If a player opts out, ships would not be sent to their port (and they wouldn't be able to dispatch ships, either). If a player knows they are going to be away from FT for a while, they could choose to opt out temporarily.

linda bohn
Dec 24 2016, 10:53 AM
hi... i am having issues with ships showing up for me to load i go click it and it disapears
i know you know about this ,just want to let you know it happen to me .Hope this all get fix thanks for the help and all what your doing for farm town
linda

ckerider
Dec 24 2016, 10:54 AM
Maybe a preference could be added whereby the player chooses whether or not he/she wants to be part of the ships operation. If a player opts out, ships would not be sent to their port (and they wouldn't be able to dispatch ships, either). If a player knows they are going to be away from FT for a while, they could choose to opt out temporarily.

That is a great idea. They did it for the Funeral home so why not the ships? Maybe a time limit and also the opt in and out check mark somewhere the in
Preference tool. Hope they do something soon!

Dulcinea
Dec 24 2016, 10:55 AM
I'm not seeing this mentioned in the first post. When I clicked on Prepare Ship, a pop-up said the ship uses fuel. This makes sense, of course, but I don't see anywhere how much fuel is used. Does anyone know? Or will I learn that when I dispatch the ship? Thanks.

EDIT: I found out when I dispatched my ship. It cost me 600 fuel to send one container. I have the pink ship.

Dr. Dirt
Dec 24 2016, 10:59 AM
I've seen a couple of my neighbors post that they won't dispatch or work ships. Perhaps keep people out of the ship working loop if they don't own a ship? Maybe if you don't own a ship the port is grayed out like the tools you don't own so a neighbors ship won't get sent there.

docmm6
Dec 24 2016, 11:33 AM
Same problem as last night. Came to the game, had a 1 showing so went to port manager and opened it. No ship there and was told that in script. Now the 1 is gone on bar and I have no way of knowing who the ship belonged to. This happened also last night but I had received a message from ship owner and contacted the person and found that the ship had moved to the next port even though I had not saw the actual ship or clicked on it. This morning when I first got on I had 7 ships in my port. Each of these had 10 containers because I had to click each ship 10 times before it disappeared. What was strange there was 4 of them had the same name and avator.

Tom C
Dec 24 2016, 11:49 AM
I do not think the developers should do anything at this time, except maybe add the option to op out of ships. As far as ships being stuck at ports for several hours maybe that person will do ships but is at work, or sleeping, or maybe much hated house work. I know for myself if a ship lands in my port while at work it is going to sit there 7, 10, 11 hours before I get home to deal with it depending on what shift I am working. Maybe after the holidays and people are back to a normal routine the ships will move faster. Personally I would like to see the ships be like the trains and just move around on there own for 7 days and come back loaded with goods, but I know that will not happen.

JNelson
Dec 24 2016, 12:18 PM
There really does need to be an opt out for players who do not want to bother with the ship yards,,, also for those who know they will not be on for several days/weeks due to vacation or illness etc....

JNelson
Dec 24 2016, 12:20 PM
i think a good work around would be to not have to do the 30 in sequential order that way its doesnt get hung up and the person sending the ship wont get hurt by a player who doesnt want to bother with the ship yards

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2016, 12:44 PM
i think a good work around would be to not have to do the 30 in sequential order that way its doesnt get hung up and the person sending the ship wont get hurt by a player who doesnt want to bother with the ship yards

That's an interesting idea but I'm not sure it would work. For example, if I have 100 neighbors and 50 of them have 7 ships out, I'd come to Farmtown each morning and have 350 ships to send along. I like the idea, just not sure I'm up to all that clicking.

Ships need to be an "opt in" thing. Buying a ship automatically opts you in. If you never buy a ship, you're never added to the potential ports list. Once you're opted in, we need a toggle, i.e., opt out if you're going to be out of town for awhile - opt back in once you're home and want to resume playing. Those that decide they don't like ships could just never opt back in. Having ships as a reversible opt-in/opt-out feature, plus limiting the neighbor choices to those who are already working your farms MIGHT be enough. We could play with it for awhile and see.

cgsfarm
Dec 24 2016, 12:45 PM

I also think we should be able to send the ships to whom we want in the order we prefer, that way we know we will be getting some goods. We select who we want to send to advance our trains, why not do something similar with respect to the cargo ships.

BamaMike
Dec 24 2016, 01:00 PM
They are going to have to give a option somehow for the ones that are not going to do the ships. My 2nd ship just landed in port #2 and until I sent them a message was not doing to do the ships so she was not going to send the ship on. Let us choose our neighbors who are going to do the ships and help send ours along instead of holding it up. Also give a option to move a ship along after it sits in a port for a certain amount of time.

I know this is the holidays but there is still going to be these types of problems during the year. Some people might start playing then say heck with it and they are still in the loop and hold up the movement of the ships. Then your port #1 goes on a week vacation and after say 24 hrs you could bypass that port and let your ship move on instead of coming back empty.

Petuniaflower
Dec 24 2016, 01:01 PM
My blue ship still hasn't advanced. Maybe players should have the option of doing the ships or not doing them.So everyone knows they will be among those that will send their ships on. The way it is now,can cause hard feeling to brew with some. :D Not me!!

Stu3
Dec 24 2016, 01:19 PM
I said Before i will say Again We need a Skip Port Button or Feature i have now had a Ship Stuck in a Port for 24 hours and i have messaged the person who has seen it each time but will not advance the ship come on sort this out.

Dulcinea
Dec 24 2016, 01:19 PM
You know, it's Christmas Eve and I should be doing a zillion other things. But these ships are just too much fun! :D My daughter bought the blue ship and dispatched it. I was the first on her roster, my hubby is second, and her sister is third. Everyone on my own roster is active except #30, so it should sail through the first twenty-nine before the week is out. Well, here's hoping anyway.

marymarcel
Dec 24 2016, 01:21 PM
I'm not seeing this mentioned in the first post. When I clicked on Prepare Ship, a pop-up said the ship uses fuel. This makes sense, of course, but I don't see anywhere how much fuel is used. Does anyone know? Or will I learn that when I dispatch the ship? Thanks.

EDIT: I found out when I dispatched my ship. It cost me 600 fuel to send one container. I have the pink ship.

Hi Dulcinea:)

Sorry for the delay to get back to you but I had to complete loading some containers.

Yes, it takes fuel when you dispatch your ship, I sent my Yellow ship with 4 containers and I used 2,400 fuel, so 600 per container.

That is the only information I have up know, as we are all learning about the new Ships. :)

TheWheezer
Dec 24 2016, 01:23 PM
Thanks Raul!

I just dispatched my first cargo ship and it landed in the port of one of my least active neighbors. I think this is a mistake and does not follow the rules according to the following:

Once the Ship is Dispatched, the Mayor will assign an itinerary to that Ship consisting of the 30 most recently-active neighbours you have. Each of those neighbours will have a Port. Your Ship will visit the Port of your most recently-active neighbour first, and the Port of your least recently-active neighbour last.

Dulcinea
Dec 24 2016, 01:34 PM
Hi Dulcinea:)

Sorry for the delay to get back to you but I had to complete loading some containers.

Yes, it takes fuel when you dispatch your ship, I sent my Yellow ship with 4 containers and I used 2,400 fuel, so 600 per container.

That is the only information I have up know, as we are all learning about the new Ships. :)

Thanks, marymarcel. Now the big question is whether 600 fuel per container will be worth it. :)

marymarcel
Dec 24 2016, 01:39 PM
Thanks, marymarcel. Now the big question is whether 600 fuel per container will be worth it. :)

You are very welcome :)

TheWheezer
Dec 24 2016, 01:49 PM
I said Before i will say Again We need a Skip Port Button or Feature i have now had a Ship Stuck in a Port for 24 hours and i have messaged the person who has seen it each time but will not advance the ship come on sort this out.

The first port my Cargo ship landed on was my least active neighbor, what would happen I wonder if I go in and delete that neighbor:
The ports are not selected as they should be to the most active neighbors:

Once the Ship is Dispatched, the Mayor will assign an itinerary to that Ship consisting of the 30 most recently-active neighbours you have. Each of those neighbours will have a Port. Your Ship will visit the Port of your most recently-active neighbour first, and the Port of your least recently-active neighbour last. The Ship will remain on each Port until the neighbour work on it by Loading it with products using the Seaport Manager tool. So that means my ship will not advance

marymarcel
Dec 24 2016, 01:49 PM
I just dispatched my first cargo ship and it landed in the port of one of my least active neighbors. I think this is a mistake and does not follow the rules according to the following:

Once the Ship is Dispatched, the Mayor will assign an itinerary to that Ship consisting of the 30 most recently-active neighbours you have. Each of those neighbours will have a Port. Your Ship will visit the Port of your most recently-active neighbour first, and the Port of your least recently-active neighbour last.

Hi TheWheezer:)

The most recently active neighbor means the neighbor who is just playing by the time you are sending your ship.

Raul has posted the following in his notes for the New Release:

Post-Release Updates - December 23, 7:30PM

- We are currently working on improving the way the neighbour ports are selected to built the itinerary for the ship, so it includes neighbours more familiar to you, even when others have visited the game more recently.
- Notice that if you suspect a neighbour in the ship itinerary has not been active recently, you can go to the 'My Neighbours' tab, find that neighbour and confirm the last visit there.

JoGilliam
Dec 24 2016, 01:52 PM
First of all, thanks! The cargo ships are fun and interesting and I'm sure that a few changes will occur here and there but they are quite good as a first release. Seven is quite a few to click on individually, and it would be nice to have some chart like the trains have in the timer tool. Honestly only a suggestion as a way to help forgetful people like me to remember which is doing what :) I only have one out and already worrying about trying to keep up with 7!! lol.

LazyMare
Dec 24 2016, 02:08 PM
First of all, thanks! The cargo ships are fun and interesting and I'm sure that a few changes will occur here and there but they are quite good as a first release. Seven is quite a few to click on individually, and it would be nice to have some chart like the trains have in the timer tool. Honestly only a suggestion as a way to help forgetful people like me to remember which is doing what :) I only have one out and already worrying about trying to keep up with 7!! lol.

We can only send one a day - there are seven days in the week and also seven ships - once all are dispatched this time next week the routine of one a day should fall naturally into place :)

karenbooysens1
Dec 24 2016, 02:30 PM
In connection with the Cargo ships, it looks like i got a ship in my port and then when i go in to look there is nothing, so i don't know if it is there or not and if it is if i am really helping people.

Taz D
Dec 24 2016, 02:38 PM
In connection with the Cargo ships, it looks like i got a ship in my port and then when i go in to look there is nothing, so i don't know if it is there or not and if it is if i am really helping people.

Hi Karen,
That happens currently if you are their neighbor but they aren't your neighbor. In that case they are loaded and moved on to next port.

HandyDan
Dec 24 2016, 02:52 PM

I think the dispatched ship should first go to "Neighbors Helping Me" then we could message our neighbor to work the ship as soon as they can.

BarbLH
Dec 24 2016, 03:22 PM
I've seen a couple of my neighbors post that they're not going to work any ships that come to their ports. They're also not going to get any ships. I'd like to get some ships but if people feel like this we need a way to bypass those neighbors who do not wish to participate. These folks have been good, long-time neighbors in every other respect, so it's not fair to have to remove them as neighbors because of this. I also think we should be able to help friends who are not our neighbors, if we are their neighbors.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2016, 03:26 PM
You know, it's Christmas Eve and I should be doing a zillion other things. But these ships are just too much fun! :D My daughter bought the blue ship and dispatched it. I was the first on her roster, my hubby is second, and her sister is third. Everyone on my own roster is active except #30, so it should sail through the first twenty-nine before the week is out. Well, here's hoping anyway.

I am SO jealous!!!!!

Dulcinea
Dec 24 2016, 03:35 PM
I am SO jealous!!!!!

Well, as I said, we'll see. Not only do they have to be active, but they also have to figure out these cargo ships, and if they're not doing them themselves, it could be a while. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is, my daughter's ship is the only one I've gotten so far. It makes sense. I was online in another browser when she sent it. But you'd think with how much I've been logged in today, I'd be somewhere near the top of my other neighbors. I can only think their ships are stuck at someone's port who's busy doing Christmassy stuff, like I should be doing. :o

Aussie Rae
Dec 24 2016, 05:55 PM
currently I have a Yellow Cargo ship with 10 containers at Port 15 and a Pink Cargo Ship with 3 containers at Port 2, and have been explaining to all my friends that they don't need to buy ships and spend the time to prepare containers if they don't want to.. but if they don't help by clicking on the blue buttons in the Seaport Manager, then my ship will be stuck on their farm and unable to progress.. most are finding it easy to do once they understand how quick and simple the process is..

cgsfarm
Dec 24 2016, 06:00 PM
They are going to have to give a option somehow for the ones that are not going to do the ships. My 2nd ship just landed in port #2 and until I sent them a message was not doing to do the ships so she was not going to send the ship on. Let us choose our neighbors who are going to do the ships and help send ours along instead of holding it up. Also give a option to move a ship along after it sits in a port for a certain amount of time.

I know this is the holidays but there is still going to be these types of problems during the year. Some people might start playing then say heck with it and they are still in the loop and hold up the movement of the ships. Then your port #1 goes on a week vacation and after say 24 hrs you could bypass that port and let your ship move on instead of coming back empty.

I agree with you.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2016, 06:07 PM
The funny thing is, my daughter's ship is the only one I've gotten so far. It makes sense. I was online in another browser when she sent it. But you'd think with how much I've been logged in today, I'd be somewhere near the top of my other neighbors. I can only think their ships are stuck at someone's port who's busy doing Christmassy stuff, like I should be doing. :o

I KNOW! I've been surprised that I haven't gotten any ships, either. I have around 100 neighbors and I'm visiting someone who's under the weather for the weekend so I've been online almost constantly - mostly on Farmtown. I'm gifting, working facilities, sending and accepting trains, hiring at the market, planting, doing quests . . . I'm not sure what all goes in to making someone "active" but I don't know how I COULDN'T have been SUPER active ever since the ships launched. But none at my port. :confused:

bayoubes
Dec 24 2016, 06:09 PM
My hubby had a neighbor who send a ship in his port, so I helped him to load it, then he asked a question I haven't been able to fine, probably missing it. When we load a ship in our port for the neighbor, do we get anything from the mayor too? Merry Christmas.

max_river
Dec 24 2016, 06:36 PM
I not sure if this is a issue when i am working my friends ship i click on buttons the window comes up it tells me 1hr 32m when i close the window it stops the work am i doing it wrong

max_river
Dec 24 2016, 06:40 PM
never mind figured it out

bruhelmboldt
Dec 24 2016, 06:48 PM
My hubby had a neighbor who send a ship in his port, so I helped him to load it, then he asked a question I haven't been able to fine, probably missing it. When we load a ship in our port for the neighbor, do we get anything from the mayor too? Merry Christmas.

I'd like to know the answer to this, too!!

And does an unattended ship stay in that neighbor's port for one day, or for the entire time before it's due??

Taz D
Dec 24 2016, 07:04 PM
Hi bayoubes,
I would love to answer your question definatively, but I have not loaded any ships in my port yet. I can say that I don't think you do. They only way you get any goods is to buy a ship yourself and send it out.

KRenee
Dec 24 2016, 07:07 PM
so far i'm not having any luck with the ships my first ship is stuck on the first port....my second one is stuck on the first port on someone who isn't even on my friend list, so is not my neighbor....so i will wait patiently for the developers to fix this problem....i really enjoy the game.....

Aussie Rae
Dec 24 2016, 07:11 PM
just want to add... the person who buys the ship, spends up to 10 hours of their time preparing the containers ( does ALL THE HARD WORK) reaps the reward of their labor when the ship returns, hopefully after a successful voyage.. Now, the people who get a ship in their port to load, spend about 5 seconds loading it to send it on.. isn't helping your neighbor a big enough reward for so little effort, :) ducking my head now to avoid the rocks thrown.. LOL

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2016, 07:15 PM
just want to add... the person who buys the ship, spends up to 10 hours of their time preparing the containers ( does ALL THE HARD WORK) reaps the reward of their labor when the ship returns, hopefully after a successful voyage.. Now, the people who get a ship in their port to load, spend about 5 seconds loading it to send it on.. isn't helping your neighbor a big enough reward for so little effort, :) ducking my head now to avoid the rocks thrown.. LOL

It's a nice sentiment. ;) However, personally - just thinking in terms of how to motivate people to keep the game going smoothly - I'd like to see those who help get something "in addition" to the warm, fuzzies of helping a neighbor.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2016, 08:07 PM
Hi Karen,
That happens currently if you are their neighbor but they aren't your neighbor. In that case they are loaded and moved on to next port.

I just had this happen. It's a bit disconcerting. How do I find out if I'm someone's neighbor but they're not mine? I could add them if I knew - but I don't know how to get that info.

At least I finally got to help someone. I guess! LOL

Aussie Rae
Dec 24 2016, 09:47 PM
my cargo ship has visited 18 ports successfully so far, and here is some info on the products each container is carrying so far..
Ore, Rocks and Minerals 154,715
Factory Ingredients Container 6,921
Food Container 9,615
Crops, Fruit and Flowers 4,645
Metal Sheets 3,479
Liquid Factory Ingredients 2,409
Lumbers and Logs 2,557
Textile Rolls and Yarns 2,295
Fish and Shellfish 2,038
Animal Products 142
The ship will return in 5 days or after collecting from the remaining 12 ports.

rockcandymountain
Dec 24 2016, 10:11 PM
Ok, time to for me to weigh in. First of all, to all the Developers. Awesome job on the ships. Its great to have a challenge.

Today it took me about 8 hrs to get 10 containers ready. I would start a container, leave the computer, come back later and click o the next container. Total time I spent getting my first ship out to sea was about 10 minutes. NOT 10 hrs like a lot of people are saying it takes them.

As far as a ship sitting at a neighbors port and that nrighbor not working it? Drop that neighbor if its not working for you. If i have a neighbor who work my crops and doesn't move my ship, then i have a choice to make.

Aussie Rae
Dec 24 2016, 10:16 PM
Ok, time to for me to weigh in. First of all, to all the Developers. Awesome job on the ships. Its great to have a challenge.

Today it took me about 8 hrs to get 10 containers ready. I would start a container, leave the computer, come back later and click o the next container. Total time I spent getting my first ship out to sea was about 10 minutes. NOT 10 hrs like a lot of people are saying it takes them.

As far as a ship sitting at a neighbors port and that nrighbor not working it? Drop that neighbor if its not working for you. If i have a neighbor who work my crops and doesn't move my ship, then i have a choice to make.

depending on which Colored Cargo Ship you bought, the time taken to prepare the Containers is what everyone is saying takes up to 10 hours.. if you start and finish all 10 the same day, as I did for my first one.. its now up to its 20th port but has taken a lot of effort to get people to understand how to load it, having to message them and then talk them through it, hopefully now I won't need to do that with those same people again. My second ship has only 3 containers and its stuck on Port 2 at the moment... LOL

June Nelson
Dec 24 2016, 11:05 PM

I agree with BamaMike. As things stand now, there are just too many ways a ship can get hung up, with no option to help move it along. It's costly to send containers out, 'n if there isn't any chance of getting something back because the ship is stuck on a port early in the process, then I can see where this feature will soon sink to the ocean bottom, with or without the captain.

justmecookin
Dec 25 2016, 12:11 AM
I wont be doing mine until options change. I did all 10 containers and mine are stuck on the first port. This person is on vacation but she also plays alot and wont do ships. As it stands now my ship will always be stuck on port one. I hope Raul comes up with different options as I do like the ships.

dorissau
Dec 25 2016, 12:41 AM
My ship, like so many others is stalled for two days in #2 port. Think I said from the start I won't participate if I have to nag my neighbors. Guess I'm done until we have some choice of ports.

FarmerWitch
Dec 25 2016, 02:27 AM
Please could you allow the preparation of containers to be 'queued' .. even queuing 4 at a time would be a great help?

al_bundy
Dec 25 2016, 03:42 AM
how do u access the ship manager?

LazyMare
Dec 25 2016, 04:10 AM
I wont be doing mine until options change. I did all 10 containers and mine are stuck on the first port. This person is on vacation but she also plays alot and wont do ships. As it stands now my ship will always be stuck on port one. I hope Raul comes up with different options as I do like the ships.

Hi justmecookin

Currently each ship has a different itinerary depending on who has just opened the game when you dispatch your ship, but as the Devs are working on it......

LazyMare
Dec 25 2016, 04:15 AM

Hi al

Simply click on your ship to prepare, dispatch, check it's itinerary then unload it

To advance your neighbour's ships, open your yellow tool box, the Seaport Manager is in the left hand column. (Both your Toolbox and the Seaport Manager currrently show a red circle if there are ships in your port).
Open it then click on your neighbours ship, click Enter Ship, then click Load Products until it says 100% and disappears.

leighwj1960
Dec 25 2016, 05:10 AM

Maybe just send ships to players who have bought their own ships. If you don't buy a ship, you've opted out by default.

barbaraelwart
Dec 25 2016, 05:48 AM
Merry Christmas to all.

Thanks Devs for the ships. Not complaining here, but just registering a problem I have with them. I am regularly getting a notification on my toolbox that there are ships waiting in my port, click the Seaport Manager and it says there are no ships waiting!

Also, a friend messaged me yesterday asking me to send her ship on, I went to do it and it was not in my port. I told her this and she then messaged me back and said that according to her log, I had sent it on!

I understand there will be glitches, but guess the devs need to know of them to be able to sort them.

I realise it is holidays and certainly do NOT expect things to get sorted at the moment :)

Aussie Rae
Dec 25 2016, 05:55 AM
Merry Christmas to all.

Thanks Devs for the ships. Not complaining here, but just registering a problem I have with them. I am regularly getting a notification on my toolbox that there are ships waiting in my port, click the Seaport Manager and it says there are no ships waiting!

Also, a friend messaged me yesterday asking me to send her ship on, I went to do it and it was not in my port. I told her this and she then messaged me back and said that according to her log, I had sent it on!

I understand there will be glitches, but guess the devs need to know of them to be able to sort them.

I realise it is holidays and certainly do NOT expect things to get sorted at the moment :)
to my understanding, this happens when you don't have that person as a neighbor but they have you as one.. the game recognizes this and the ship will get worked just by you opening the Seaport Manager.

Dr. Dirt
Dec 25 2016, 05:59 AM
My first ship is still on the first port. About 43 hours now. Messaged my neighbor about 5 hours into it, he read it a minute later, nothing. My second ship went through the first 4 ports in about 5 hours but has been hung up on port 5 for 13 hours now. I don't see any of my ships getting through 10 ports never mind 30. I'm going to send out one more today then I'll wait on a fix until I do any more. As it is now it's not worth the aggravation of staying on top of preparing ships only to have it hit a port of someone that isn't interested in the ships.Great concept but needs a lot of tweaking.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 25 2016, 07:09 AM
This has already been reported but just for additional data, I also am having to wait 26 hours between starting ships. I started my second one around 7am yesterday - just tried to start the third one and got a message that I need to wait an hour.

Qivis
Dec 25 2016, 07:21 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS to our forum moderators! They do it out the kindness of their hearts and are not members of the Slashkey staff. Remember that when posting to the forum about glitches that occur once in a while.

TheWheezer
Dec 25 2016, 07:38 AM
My first ship is still on the first port. About 43 hours now. Messaged my neighbor about 5 hours into it, he read it a minute later, nothing. My second ship went through the first 4 ports in about 5 hours but has been hung up on port 5 for 13 hours now. I don't see any of my ships getting through 10 ports never mind 30. I'm going to send out one more today then I'll wait on a fix until I do any more. As it is now it's not worth the aggravation of staying on top of preparing ships only to have it hit a port of someone that isn't interested in the ships.Great concept but needs a lot of tweaking.

I agree with you, it is not worth the coins I paid for the 7 ships plus the fuel lost to load them. My first ship is still on dock #1 after 23 hours.:mad:

Dr. Dirt
Dec 25 2016, 08:04 AM
When I click on a ship that has already been dispatched to check on it's progress I get the pop up about only being able to prepare one ship every 24 hours. Can this be limited to only pop up when clicking on a ship that has not been dispatched? :)

Auntie Al
Dec 25 2016, 08:28 AM
I am very confused about these ships. What is a Port? How do we know what ports we have? I have few neighbors and many of them are inactive, so I don't think this would pay off. There should be a way that ships are only sent to active players.

Taz D
Dec 25 2016, 09:20 AM
Hi Al,
If you are talking about to load others ships, open your tool box. it is in the far left column above the facility manager. (My ship is waiting at your port)

karenbooysens1
Dec 25 2016, 09:30 AM
I think we should get an option to move on the ships from a Port if we stuck there for to long and when our neighbours are on holidays. That way we don't get nothing when we get stuck at Port 2 for more than two days.

jennycoll
Dec 25 2016, 09:32 AM
Thank you for the new cargo ships. As we all go through this growing pains of a new tool we all can get a bit ugly with our complaints. I know that you will be working out the kinks these first few weeks and we all need to be patient.
It is an interesting concept to get more community involvement however those of us who want instant gratification (myself included) are becoming a bit frustrated. We need to take into consideration that people live in different time zones, have jobs and actually sleep. Yes, my ships are stuck and it makes me sad however that is the nature of the beast. Our ships have 7 days before they are sent home. I am willing to wait it out and see the return. My expectation is not the 100% max on every voyage. Not everyone plays as much as I do or is online every time I am. A maximum of 12 hrs per port is not unreasonable or even 24. Or perhaps, 1 skip per voyage. Opting in is a great idea as well. Those that don't want to participate won't hinder those of us that do. I have also seen the "what do I get for helping someone's ship?" I am happy to help someone for no reward. Knowing I can lend a hand is good enough for me. That is what being part of a community is all about. It is letting my neighbors know they can count on me whenever they need a helping hand. In turn, hopefully they or someone else will be there for me when I am in need. I would however like to be able to send a thank you gift to those who help me out.
On a plus note, I am using this as a good time to clean out my neighbor list. I am not deleting anyone who is not an overly active participant such as myself. I am using this port list to see who is still playing at all. If they have not been on for the past 6 months then they will have to go.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

earlgray
Dec 25 2016, 09:35 AM
I think our own ships should also be accessible from the seaport manager, so that we don't need to go to the farms they're on in order to check their status.

barbaraelwart
Dec 25 2016, 09:49 AM
to my understanding, this happens when you don't have that person as a neighbor but they have you as one.. the game recognizes this and the ship will get worked just by you opening the Seaport Manager.

ahhhh! ok, that is good then, so by opening the Seaport Manager as I do, that is doing the trick. Excelllent, do not want to hold people up. Thank you :)

marymarcel
Dec 25 2016, 10:35 AM
I am very confused about these ships. What is a Port? How do we know what ports we have? I have few neighbors and many of them are inactive, so I don't think this would pay off. There should be a way that ships are only sent to active players.

Hi Auntie Al:)

Sorry for the delay to get back to you.

When a neighbor dispatch a ship, that ship gets 30 ports to visit, so they will visit 30 neighbors.
If a neighbor sent you their ship, you will see a number on your yellow tool box and also after clicking in it you will see the number on the Seaport manager icon which is just above the Facility manager in your yellow tool box.

You click in the Seaport manager and you will see the picture of your neighbor and their ship, click in Enter ship button and then in Load Products button till the picture and ship disappear. That way you loaded the products in your "port" and the ship can move to the following neighbor/port.:)

If you dont have many active neighbors then perhaps it is time to look for new ones, you can post a request in the following thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

kymstacey
Dec 25 2016, 10:48 AM
My neighbor has tried to load one of my ships 3 times and it is still at her port. Plus, I have had several times that the tool box says I have ships in my port but when I open the manager there is nothing there.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 25 2016, 10:59 AM
Here's a suggestion - not 100% thought out but you'll get the idea and if you like it, can tweak to suit:

I think it would help to consolidate EVERYTHING into one tool - probably the Seaport Manager since that's a tool we can put in the bottom toolbox for easy access/visibility. Then we'd have tabbed screens on that one tool - one for Ship's Containers, one for Ship's Logbook, one for neighbors ships that are in your port.

The Ship's Containers and Ship's Logbook tabs would have an extra step in them because you'd have to click a picture of the ship first (yellow, pink, blue, whatever). Once you did that, it would open to what we have now. That way, we can access all ships we have launched from one place and we can work everything pertaining to ships from our toolbox without having to navigate to the farm where each ship is unless we want to. We can still do it the way it is now (i.e., go to the farm) and work each ship separately - no need to change what we have now - this is an added feature that would help, I think, for those of us who are hoping to have all 7 ships launched at all times AND be able to provide quick turn-around to neighboring ships that land at our ports.

I have another idea for the consolidated tool: Make the Ship's Containers landing page into a 2-column table. The first column lists each ship the person has purchased. The second column has its status. For a ship that's currently being loaded, the status of that could be displayed - maybe number of containers already loaded plus time remaining on the current container being loaded. The status of a launched ship would show which port it's in. You click anywhere in the row to pull up the Ship's Containers page we have now to allow you to actually work the ship. Right now, we have to navigate to the farm, then click on each ship separately to get this info. With the consolidated tool, we could see each ship's progress at a glance on that one landing page - and if we have the tool in our Toolbox at the bottom, we wouldn't even have to navigate to a farm.

perryalexander
Dec 25 2016, 11:48 AM
I agree with you, it is not worth the coins I paid for the 7 ships plus the fuel lost to load them. My first ship is still on dock #1 after 23 hours.:mad:

Mine got dispatched by the first port in minutes, now it's been stuck for 12 hours in another. Not COOL! I suggest the devs go back to the :mad:drawing board:mad: on this feature. It's like the Grinch stealing Christmas and not a great new feature and certainly not worth the time and energy required to load.

marymarcel
Dec 25 2016, 12:27 PM
My neighbor has tried to load one of my ships 3 times and it is still at her port. Plus, I have had several times that the tool box says I have ships in my port but when I open the manager there is nothing there.

Hi kymstacey:)

Please tell your neighbor to click in Seaport Manager and they will see your photo and your ship, they have to click in Enter Ship button and then click in Load Products button till your photo/ship disappears.

Petuniaflower
Dec 25 2016, 02:48 PM
Mine got dispatched by the first port in minutes, now it's been stuck for 12 hours in another. Not COOL! I suggest the devs go back to the :mad:drawing board:mad: on this feature. It's like the Grinch stealing Christmas and not a great new feature and certainly not worth the time and energy required to load.

Love the way you said it I relate,and agree!:)

Dallace
Dec 25 2016, 03:57 PM
My first ship I sent out has been stuck at port 3 for 1.3 days now:(

Aussie Rae
Dec 25 2016, 03:59 PM
This is what I am posting, customized so only the person involved will see it, for help with the ships.. its been working so far..
SHIP AHOY!! my ship is in your SEAPORT MANAGER, in your ft toolbox, please Enter that ship, then click fast about 10 times to Load it with products supplied by the Mayor, and it will leave for the next port. Now if you don't see any ship when you open the SEAPORT MANAGER, it means you don't have me as a neighbor but the game will recognize this and send the loaded ship on its way to its next port, thank you.

JuliaK
Dec 25 2016, 03:59 PM
just want to put this out there...... love my farmtown of that there is no doubt,, love and appreciate the work the Devs have put into keeping this game, the best on facebook... BUT I am not a farmtown addict, I do not spend all day every day working my farms... I plan my farm so that I can walk away and have a life as well.... I love the ships, they are great, but geeze if I want to work them or help my neighbours, I have to check in every dam hour or so and I am sorry but that is really getting my hackles up... these past 2 days have been ridiculous... and I don't want to feel guilty if I ignore my neighbours ship requests and I live in Australia which puts me in a different time frame... I know you have worked hard to get this together but it is asking too much... they need to be simplified like the trains... thanks my rant over... Merry Christmas

crs1416
Dec 25 2016, 04:12 PM
How will I know when a cargo ship is docked at my port?

bjyhey3
Dec 25 2016, 04:21 PM
This is what I am posting, customized so only the person involved will see it, for help with the ships.. its been working so far..
SHIP AHOY!! my ship is in your SEAPORT MANAGER, in your ft toolbox, please Enter that ship, then click fast about 10 times to Load it with products supplied by the Mayor, and it will leave for the next port. Now if you don't see any ship when you open the SEAPORT MANAGER, it means you don't have me as a neighbor but the game will recognize this and send the loaded ship on its way to its next port, thank you.

You said you customized this post so only the person involved will see it. I see it so I must be the person involved. I do not have your ship in my seaport manager nor have I ever had your ship in my seaport manager. I have had several ships come through my seaport manager and I have sent them on their way in a timely manner. If your ship is in my seaport manager then it is invisible to me.

LazyMare
Dec 25 2016, 04:28 PM
You said you customized this post so only the person involved will see it. I see it so I must be the person involved. I do not have your ship in my seaport manager nor have I ever had your ship in my seaport manager. I have had several ships come through my seaport manager and I have sent them on their way in a timely manner. If your ship is in my seaport manager then it is invisible to me

Hi bjyhey3

Aussie Rae was giving as an example the message they send to their neighbours
We can all see the post
Thank You for sending on the ships you see in your seaport :)

LazyMare
Dec 25 2016, 04:30 PM
How will I know when a cargo ship is docked at my port?

Hi crs1416

By opening your Big Yellow Tool Box and clicking on the Seaport Manager icon - it hould have a red circle with a number if any ships are in your port

bjyhey3
Dec 25 2016, 04:32 PM
Hi bjyhey3

Aussie Rae was giving as an example the message they send to their neighbours
We can all see the post
Thank You for sending on the ships you see in your seaport :)

Oh, sorry. I took the post literally. :D:D:D

Aussie Rae
Dec 25 2016, 05:01 PM
You said you customized this post so only the person involved will see it. I see it so I must be the person involved. I do not have your ship in my seaport manager nor have I ever had your ship in my seaport manager. I have had several ships come through my seaport manager and I have sent them on their way in a timely manner. If your ship is in my seaport manager then it is invisible to me.

when I post to facebook, I customise the post so it only show for the person to whom it applies..

Tom C
Dec 25 2016, 05:07 PM
JuliaK

I understand what you are saying about not wanting to be at farm town all day waiting on and moving ships, and I do not expect you to. On the days I work I will check it before I leave for work and when I get home, there is not other option. If you don't want to check it all day that is fine, I would just check and move what ships you have in the morning and maybe sometime in the evening.

Tom C
Dec 25 2016, 05:08 PM
I have noticed alot more activity today on my port than yesterday. People might be getting the hang of it.

bjyhey3
Dec 25 2016, 05:14 PM
when I post to facebook, I customise the post so it only show for the person to whom it applies..

The post didn't mention FaceBook, it indicated a post here in the Forum...I took it literally because of the way I read it...I apologized once and again now.

Aussie Rae
Dec 25 2016, 05:15 PM
The post didn't mention FaceBook, it indicated a post here in the Forum...I took it literally because of the way I read it...I apologized once and again now.

:) no problem byhey

JuliaK
Dec 25 2016, 05:30 PM
JuliaK

I understand what you are saying about not wanting to be at farm town all day waiting on and moving ships, and I do not expect you to. On the days I work I will check it before I leave for work and when I get home, there is not other option. If you don't want to check it all day that is fine, I would just check and move what ships you have in the morning and maybe sometime in the evening.

Hi Tom, I am not only talking about my neighbours ships but also mine.. if you want to take advantage of the supplies the ships can give you then you have to work them and the way I see it because of only working one ship in a 24 hours period, and if you have 7 ships, then when the last one leaves you are ready again to send the first one off on another voyage... The trains are great and maybe the ships need to work on the same principles...you send them on their way and you choose which neighbours, and then you wait... ps: one of my ships are docked at your seaport lol:):):):):)

storm36
Dec 25 2016, 05:34 PM

or have an option for a SN to load a neighbors ship for you if you will be away for a few days

PawPaw99
Dec 25 2016, 08:03 PM
My first ship has set in the first port for 1.4 days now with no activity. I looked up this neighbor and found he is no longer active on farmtown, actually he has not played since Jul 2012. In my neighbor list he is showing as level 0 with no active date. when I checked the instructions given for the ships when released I see the following
"Once the Ship is Dispatched, the Mayor will assign an itinerary to that Ship consisting of the 30 most recently-active neighbours you have. Each of those neighbours will have a Port. Your Ship will visit the Port of your most recently-active neighbour first, and the Port of your least recently-active neighbour last. "
How could a neighbor that has played since Jul 2012 be considered my most active neighbor. Something is definitely wrong with the selection process.
Not ready to give up on ships yet, but there needs to be some fixes applies.

Taz D
Dec 25 2016, 08:13 PM
My first ship has set in the first port for 1.4 days now with no activity. I looked up this neighbor and found he is no longer active on farmtown, actually he has not played since Jul 2012. In my neighbor list he is showing as level 0 with no active date. when I checked the instructions given for the ships when released I see the following
"Once the Ship is Dispatched, the Mayor will assign an itinerary to that Ship consisting of the 30 most recently-active neighbours you have. Each of those neighbours will have a Port. Your Ship will visit the Port of your most recently-active neighbour first, and the Port of your least recently-active neighbour last. "
How could a neighbor that has played since Jul 2012 be considered my most active neighbor. Something is definitely wrong with the selection process.
Not ready to give up on ships yet, but there needs to be some fixes applies.
Hi Pawpaw,
They would not have been on the list unless they had at least opened their farms recently, even if it is just to look. Since their status isn't showing for you then I am guessing you asked them to find out they have not played since July 2012.
That said, the developers are looking into coming up with a better way to select the neighbors for port stops. Please be patient while they work on this.

village idiot
Dec 25 2016, 08:30 PM
Here are a couple of solutions to several problems that exist in the cargo ship portion of the game... 1. on screen notification (live) to tell farmers that a ship is in port. similar to the blue dot for the Co-op Quests. 2. An opt out/in feature in the tools drop down similar to the Funeral Supply / Home Facilities. This would have to default as Out to be fair to farmers sending out ships so the ships will only stop at a farm of someone that wants to play this portion of the game. Happy Holidays to all.

Taz D
Dec 25 2016, 08:39 PM
Here are a couple of solutions to several problems that exist in the cargo ship portion of the game... 1. on screen notification (live) to tell farmers that a ship is in port. similar to the blue dot for the Co-op Quests. 2. An opt out/in feature in the tools drop down similar to the Funeral Supply / Home Facilities. This would have to default as Out to be fair to farmers sending out ships so the ships will only stop at a farm of someone that wants to play this portion of the game. Happy Holidays to all.
Hi village idiot,
You do have notification when you have a ship in your port. You get a red circle with a number in it on your toolbox. When you open the toolbox the red circle and number is on your seaport manager.

Aussie Rae
Dec 25 2016, 09:00 PM
have found that the container bringing the biggest number of products back is the Ore, Rocks and Minerals. Mine has 23,183 at the moment and if it manages to get to Port 30, will have 33,114. It has 4 days to go.

JuliaK
Dec 25 2016, 09:02 PM
Hi village idiot,
You do have notification when you have a ship in your port. You get a red circle with a number in it on your toolbox. When you open the toolbox the red circle and number is on your seaport manager.

that is what is supposed to happen...not necessarily happening... I have been getting red circles since yesterday and only twice when I have looked has there been any ships for me to work on...so maybe a little glitch somewhere...:):) I just reopened by farmtown, the no 4 was displaying but no ships in port...:):)

Taz D
Dec 25 2016, 09:06 PM
that is what is supposed to happen...not necessarily happening... I have been getting red circles since yesterday and only twice when I have looked has there been any ships for me to work on...so maybe a little glitch somewhere...:):) I just reopened by farmtown, the no 4 was displaying but no ships in port...:):)
Hi JuliaK,
If you open and the ship is not there then that is one from where you are their neighbor, but they are not yours. Currently as soon as you open the seaport manager for those then they are automatically loaded for you. That is why they are not there.

Taz D
Dec 25 2016, 09:10 PM
have found that the container bringing the biggest number of products back is the Ore, Rocks and Minerals. Mine has 23,183 at the moment and if it manages to get to Port 30, will have 33,114. It has 4 days to go.
Hi Ausie Rae,
The quarry car for the train also carries the most since the addition of the limestone rock and the aluminum ore.

Moose Mob
Dec 25 2016, 09:12 PM
Watching all my ships sit in someones port is not making this game more fun.

The notes say that they are looking at ways to make the list with people more familiar, but I doubt I have 30 neighbors I would feel comfortable sending nagging notes to every time a ship hits their port for more than a few hours.

Old McMark
Dec 25 2016, 09:17 PM
After messing with the ships for a few days, I have the following observations:

1. They are fussy to highlight. I often have to move the cursor, click on something else, and then bring it back to the ship several times.

2. One neighbor who is out of town can really mess things up. In fact, if someone was on vacation for 7 days or more, potentially a ship could come back with nothing. I suggest a time limit for a given neighbor to act, something like 12 hours. If they dont act within that time, the ship should automatically go to the next neighbor.

3. Add the ability to check on your own ships in the Seaport Manager. It is really annoying to keep having to visit the different farms where the ships are to check on progress.

Tom C
Dec 25 2016, 09:30 PM
PawPaw99

Not sure what is going on with your neighbor, but I have one that if you look in the neighbors list {where to choose to add neighbor or remove them}she comes up as all 0s. But if I look on the neighbors bar in farm town game she is at level 800 and has crops planted and sent my ship on after it sat there a long time. Must be some kind of glitch in farm town its self.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 25 2016, 09:31 PM
After messing with the ships for a few days, I have the following observations:

1. They are fussy to highlight. I often have to move the cursor, click on something else, and then bring it back to the ship several times.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I thought maybe I was imagining it but I'm not. Some ships have been almost impossible to highlight. A couple of times on the yellow one, I actually had to leave the farm and come back and try again - even then, trying several times before I find the sweet spot. With Puffin, the yellow one was almost impossible. Others, I can highlight instantly. I haven't been able to identify the issue. For example, I'm really not sure if the yellow one is harder than the pink or brown ones or whether there's something else causing it. But it's a definite issue.

Aussie Rae
Dec 25 2016, 09:38 PM
Hi Ausie Rae,
The quarry car for the train also carries the most since the addition of the limestone rock and the aluminum ore.

:) thanks Taz, that reminds me I must go unload the trains, have 6 with all carriages available attached and I always forget about them!! ps. I don't have any shortage of any of the products but thought it would help some others decide which containers to fill.. or not... lol

Conjetta
Dec 25 2016, 09:54 PM

I think your second idea is great!!! I sent a message asking a neighbor to move mine along and she said she didn't want to be involved with the ships. So my ship has been sitting in her port for almost two days. Thanks for the suggestion, and I hope the developers use it!!!!!

snickddle
Dec 25 2016, 10:39 PM
Many of us go away and cannot access farmtown...so what do we do..there should be a limit on how long our ships can sit in a port without it automatically being moved along..this is a holiday week and alot of peeps are away or just plain busy..of have a life other than farmtown.....but with that said thanks for all you do for us players..love the game

Majik Merlin
Dec 25 2016, 10:58 PM
I agree with the majority, we need to have some kind of notice that ships are in our 'port' so we can dispatch them. Why not do it the same way you do trains?? or as someone else said, coded dots somewhere (EASY to notice).

My poor neighbors kept asking me to dispatch theirs and I couldn't figure out how. Now I know, but I feel it not time effective to have to check every time I log in, there are so many other things I need to address when I log on.

Taz D
Dec 25 2016, 11:01 PM
I agree with the majority, we need to have some kind of notice that ships are in our 'port' so we can dispatch them. Why not do it the same way you do trains?? or as someone else said, coded dots somewhere (EASY to notice).

My poor neighbors kept asking me to dispatch theirs and I couldn't figure out how. Now I know, but I feel it not time effective to have to check every time I log in, there are so many other things I need to address when I log on.
Hi Majik Merlin,
If you look at your toolbox icon when you open your farms, if there is a ship in your seaport then you will see a red circle with a number in it (the number is how many).
With the trains you have to open the My Requests to see that trains are there for you to boost.

TheWheezer
Dec 25 2016, 11:47 PM
Watching all my ships sit in someones port is not making this game more fun.

The notes say that they are looking at ways to make the list with people more familiar, but I doubt I have 30 neighbors I would feel comfortable sending nagging notes to every time a ship hits their port for more than a few hours.

I don't have over 5 neighbors that I would dare nag. My first ship is still at port number 1 after 1 1/2 day That neighbor has not worked her farm in four years. Don't know why it was sent to her port first.

Texas Star
Dec 26 2016, 12:30 AM
I would like to be able to opt out of cargo ships. As predicted, I am getting multiple notes from neighbors asking me to move their ships along when I get on farmtown. These notes are not only left in the Farmtown message box, but also on the Facebook chat. These are nice people and very polite, and I will move the ships, when I go on my farm, but I really don't need reminder notes. I would rather just opt out as I don't see the Ships would be any help to me and don't expect to buy any.

RFMad
Dec 26 2016, 12:47 AM
I haven't seen this addressed. I know we can access the ship manager a couple ways but to see what our own ship is doing, we have to go to the actual farm and click on the ship. I'd like to see a way to see the ship/ships from the tool box. I've also been having trouble clicking on my ship - it seems the mouse has to be in just the right place.
I've also seen people posting that if you don't help them with their ships that they will remove you as a neighbor. That isn't very "neighborly" and ruins the way the game should be played, in my opinion.
I'd like to be able to choose where my ship goes. It's been mentioned before that some don't play the games as often as others. I messaged a neighbor where my ship was docked and asked if they'd send it on. They replied they would but it's still sitting there. I don't know if they don't understand about the ships?
Plus maybe give an incentive to helping with the ships? People don't seem to want to do anything out of the goodness of helping neighbors without getting something in return.
This is a good idea for getting more product but it needs to be tweaked. Plus a lot of people are off computers for the holidays and it's not a really good test of ships yet.
Thank you.

maggiel29
Dec 26 2016, 02:46 AM
Just noticed that the tool box has a number on it if there is a ship docked and waiting :) Dont know if that new or not but its a def help thank you

Lara
Dec 26 2016, 06:21 AM
I just spent all day loading 10 containers on my 3rd ship. I think this is a new problem. I loaded 10 containers they were all at 100% I checked everyone of them but the Metal Sheets container which wasn't the last one to load anyway is now not loaded since I dispatched the ship. Not that it will be noticed much considering the 3rd port is someone that doesn't play anyway. I am thinking that this was a bad time of year to release them. Hopefully it will get sorted soon. I do love the ships just a bit frustrated

marymarcel
Dec 26 2016, 06:22 AM
Hi all:)

Raul added information about fuel consuming when a ship is dispatched:

- The fuel consumption when you Dispatch a Ship is calculated with this formula: number of containers * 20 * port count in the itinerary. So if you prepared 5 containers, and the Ship have 30 ports in the itinerary, the total fuel required will be 5 * 20 * 30 = 3000.

petals
Dec 26 2016, 06:29 AM
What happens if your ship ends up in the port of somebody who has quit? My first ship is in port 6, unknown person?

Tom C
Dec 26 2016, 06:35 AM
Post-Release Updates - December 26, 7:00AM

- We will work on these changes to address the complains in the Ship Feature:

a) You will be able to design your own itinerary, we will pick one for you and then you will be able to replace any neighbour by any other neighbour, including changing their orders. Once you are done, the final itinerary will be the default starting itinerary for your next ship.

b) If a ship has been stuck for more than 12 hours in the same port, you will be able to dispatch the ship to the next port. However, you will be able to do this up to 3 times only, depending on the amount of ports in the ships itinerary.

c) We will allow Ships from non-neighbours to show up in the Seaport Manager, which should solve the issue listed in the "Known Issues" section below.

- We will add soon another section in the Seaport Manager so you can see all your ships and their locations, and open the Ship Managers from that section without navigating to the ships farm.

marymarcel
Dec 26 2016, 06:41 AM
What happens if your ship ends up in the port of somebody who has quit? My first ship is in port 6, unknown person?

Hi petals :)

As far as we know you get the "Port Unknown" when you remove someone as neighbor who was in your ship itinerary or when you are not friends on facebook anymore but they are still neighbors. Unless you can think of who your Unknown Port is it will be difficult to find out their last activity using My neighbors tab.

BamaMike
Dec 26 2016, 07:22 AM
Post-Release Updates - December 26, 7:00AM

- We will work on these changes to address the complains in the Ship Feature:

a) You will be able to design your own itinerary, we will pick one for you and then you will be able to replace any neighbour by any other neighbour, including changing their orders. Once you are done, the final itinerary will be the default starting itinerary for your next ship.

b) If a ship has been stuck for more than 12 hours in the same port, you will be able to dispatch the ship to the next port. However, you will be able to do this up to 3 times only, depending on the amount of ports in the ships itinerary.

c) We will allow Ships from non-neighbours to show up in the Seaport Manager, which should solve the issue listed in the "Known Issues" section below.

- We will add soon another section in the Seaport Manager so you can see all your ships and their locations, and open the Ship Managers from that section without navigating to the ships farm.

That will work. I really like the ships but B had to be included because there have been some people that have been told that they are not going to do the ships and refuse to move the ship to the next port. I Will delete them as a neighbor if I find out they are not going to do the ships but keep them as a friend so I can still work their facilities.

I will be very happy with the changes.