PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- December 1st, 2016

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Moose Mob
Dec 26 2016, 07:33 AM
Hi all:)

Raul added information about fuel consuming when a ship is dispatched:

- The fuel consumption when you Dispatch a Ship is calculated with this formula: number of containers * 20 * port count in the itinerary. So if you prepared 5 containers, and the Ship have 30 ports in the itinerary, the total fuel required will be 5 * 20 * 30 = 3000.

So... we are buying fuel for 30 ports even though it appears ships will only be visiting about 10 ports before heading home? Not sure how many port they a will visit since many ships are stagnant; and for those that get stuck in the first port, this could result in a loss.

Dr. Dirt
Dec 26 2016, 07:33 AM
I still think an opt out tick mark in the wrench section would be a good idea. So if someone opts out they won't show up in the itinerary section. It would be difficult to know who does and doesn't want to do ships. Some have stated publicly that they don't want to but I imagine some who don't want to have not said so publicly and might never do so. :)

Poppy559
Dec 26 2016, 07:40 AM
A question from me is, can you own more than one ship of the same colour on a different farm?

Also, any idea when the Itineary changes will come into effect ? I Like the new changes, and am quite excited for them.

Thank you xx

LazyMare
Dec 26 2016, 07:46 AM
A question from me is, can you own more than one ship of the same colour on a different farm?

Also, any idea when the Itineary changes will come into effect ? I Like the new changes, and am quite excited for them.

Thank you xx

Hi Poppy

Any second ship of the same colour as one you already own would be purely decorative not functional

I have reloaded the game several times since Raul posted the post-release update and see no change (yet) to the itineraries of my already-dispatched ships, so am presuming that the changes will take effect with the next ship we send.

beautysmom
Dec 26 2016, 07:51 AM
Second ship second time that the system has sent it to a person I am not friends with on FB or neighbor to in FT.... No way to get past that person now.... Unfriending someone appears to have no bearing on FT's memory--you are always having to work around that problem--ships, trains, etc. At least you can skip them with the trains, but not with the ships?

marymarcel
Dec 26 2016, 07:58 AM
So... we are buying fuel for 30 ports even though it appears ships will only be visiting about 10 ports before heading home? Not sure how many port they a will visit since many ships are stagnant; and for those that get stuck in the first port, this could result in a loss.

Hi Moose Mob:)

Raul has just posted a post release note explaining they are working on changes due the complains they received about boats.

If you read it, we are going to be able to choose our neighbors for ships itinerary, fuel will be well used. :)

Post-Release Updates - December 26, 7:00AM

- We will work on these changes to address the complains in the Ship Feature:

a) You will be able to design your own itinerary, we will pick one for you and then you will be able to replace any neighbour by any other neighbour, including changing their orders. Once you are done, the final itinerary will be the default starting itinerary for your next ship.

b) If a ship has been stuck for more than 12 hours in the same port, you will be able to dispatch the ship to the next port. However, you will be able to do this up to 3 times only, depending on the amount of ports in the ships itinerary.

c) We will allow Ships from non-neighbours to show up in the Seaport Manager, which should solve the issue listed in the "Known Issues" section below.

- We will add soon another section in the Seaport Manager so you can see all your ships and their locations, and open the Ship Managers from that section without navigating to the ships farm.

NJones277
Dec 26 2016, 07:59 AM
New problem - logged on this morning to find a message from one of my neighbors asking me to load his ship. I had a "4" showing, went into the loading area, had one ship waiting and it wasn't him.

Also, I've got two ships stuck for over a day in ports of people who are my neighbors, but unresponsive.

We all know it's the holiday season, but can't the devs make it where you're not in anyone else's port for more than a day before the ship gets advanced?

Just a thought about preparing - what happened to the 20 hour day?

marymarcel
Dec 26 2016, 08:05 AM
New problem - logged on this morning to find a message from one of my neighbors asking me to load his ship. I had a "4" showing, went into the loading area, had one ship waiting and it wasn't him.

Also, I've got two ships stuck for over a day in ports of people who aren't my neighbors.

We all know it's the holiday season, but can't the devs make it where you're not in anyone else's port for more than a day before the ship gets advanced?

Just a thought about preparing - what happened to the 20 hour day?

Hi NJones277:)

Please read my post just above yours with the new release updates. Thank you :)

DianeCK
Dec 26 2016, 08:11 AM
I am getting posts from friends that ships are docked in my port - when i look no ship or ships are there.. My ship is docked at a friends port over 24 hours i asked her if my ship was in her port.. it was she didn't click it but left. so now my ship will not move on. also i was working on the next ship had clicked 2 boxes and before bed i clicked #3 this morning it showed that I did nothing. and have to start over... not sure i will like this ship thing.. if neighbors do not want to play they need to opt out i have a neighbor that is getting rid of me as a neighbor because i didn't click her ship that wasn't in my port but showing on her end i was. it was Christmas i wasn't on line but with family yesterday, i came on before bed and posts everywhere from her to click her ship that wasn't in my dock we are now no longer friends because of this. this is a great thing many will get mad and be defriended because you weren't fast enough to click the ship in the dock. that may or may not be showing it is.. Screaming now... Merry Christmas

NJones277
Dec 26 2016, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the update. Sounds like the devs are working hard to make this feature work well. Still would like to know what happened to my friend's ship that was waiting for me to load it, but wasn't anywhere to be found on my end.

LazyMare
Dec 26 2016, 08:30 AM
I am getting posts from friends that ships are docked in my port - when i look no ship or ships are there.. My ship is docked at a friends port over 24 hours i asked her if my ship was in her port.. it was she didn't click it but left. so now my ship will not move on. also i was working on the next ship had clicked 2 boxes and before bed i clicked #3 this morning it showed that I did nothing. and have to start over... not sure i will like this ship thing.. if neighbors do not want to play they need to opt out i have a neighbor that is getting rid of me as a neighbor because i didn't click her ship that wasn't in my port but showing on her end i was. it was Christmas i wasn't on line but with family yesterday, i came on before bed and posts everywhere from her to click her ship that wasn't in my dock we are now no longer friends because of this. this is a great thing many will get mad and be defriended because you weren't fast enough to click the ship in the dock. that may or may not be showing it is.. Screaming now... Merry Christmas

Some farmers have more patience than others - Some like new things and some dislike changes. A few deep breaths and a little more mutual understanding would go down well. The unfriending business is very unfortunate

When we will be able to design our own itineraries and skip up to 3 neighbours after a 12 hour wait there should be less frustration all round.
When your Seaport Manager shows a number but is empty when you load it, so far that has meant that the ship in your port is from someone you are a neighbour to but do not have as one of your neighbours. We are all waiting to see what effects the latest Post-Release Update will have.

Re your out of time ship - sorry but you'll just have to start preparing it again - did you start filling the containers as soon as you clicked prepare ship ?

LazyMare
Dec 26 2016, 08:34 AM
Second ship second time that the system has sent it to a person I am not friends with on FB or neighbor to in FT.... No way to get past that person now.... Unfriending someone appears to have no bearing on FT's memory--you are always having to work around that problem--ships, trains, etc. At least you can skip them with the trains, but not with the ships?

Hi beautysmom

Hopefully the Post Release update will avoid that problem in future

a) You will be able to design your own itinerary, we will pick one for you and then you will be able to replace any neighbour by any other neighbour, including changing their orders. Once you are done, the final itinerary will be the default starting itinerary for your next ship.

b) If a ship has been stuck for more than 12 hours in the same port, you will be able to dispatch the ship to the next port. However, you will be able to do this up to 3 times only, depending on the amount of ports in the ships itinerary.

c) We will allow Ships from non-neighbours to show up in the Seaport Manager, which should solve the issue listed in the "Known Issues" section below.

- We will add soon another section in the Seaport Manager so you can see all your ships and their locations, and open the Ship Managers from that section without navigating to the ships farm.

LazyMare
Dec 26 2016, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the update. Sounds like the devs are working hard to make this feature work well. Still would like to know what happened to my friend's ship that was waiting for me to load it, but wasn't anywhere to be found on my end.

You may like to ask them if they are still ''stuck on you" to quote the song :)
Hopefully the answer will come back that their ship is on it's way to the next port of call as up until now an empty seaport manager has automtically sent on ships of those friends we are a neighbour to

roz1972
Dec 26 2016, 09:05 AM
This is what I am posting, customized so only the person involved will see it, for help with the ships.. its been working so far..
SHIP AHOY!! my ship is in your SEAPORT MANAGER, in your ft toolbox, please Enter that ship, then click fast about 10 times to Load it with products supplied by the Mayor, and it will leave for the next port. Now if you don't see any ship when you open the SEAPORT MANAGER, it means you don't have me as a neighbor but the game will recognize this and send the loaded ship on its way to its next port, thank you.

love it :)

Dr. Dirt
Dec 26 2016, 09:18 AM
I had another one of my neighbors ships that took over 30 clicks to load in my seaport manager. Each time I clicked on it it loaded 3 percent. This is the second ship like this I have had.

Alexandra_J
Dec 26 2016, 09:23 AM
Do we get any goods for doing our neighbours ships for them?

George.S
Dec 26 2016, 09:25 AM
The first time I found a ship in my port, it allowed me to load 19% and then became un-clickable. The second time may have been the same ship (same neighbour, didn't note the color) but I HOPE NOT, because if so it had been there a really long time. If a neighbor spends half the day preparing it I don't want to feel responsible for filling it when there's no guarantee I can. At least the feature worked the second time.

The helper should get at least token compensation for loading the Mayor's products on a neighbour's containers. It's work, someone is doing it, and they should get something for it.

I'm putting off buying ships, mostly because I don't have time to load them, but also because I won't pester or guilt anyone into helping me. The ships are different because the request goes out, not to one's neighbourhood, but to one targeted person at a time. One of the best things about this game is that you can be social or play solo, depending on how you feel right now. Encouraging social behavior is fine - pressuring individuals is not fine.

I suggest that one's neighbours should have to OPT IN... if I had to buy a port, and place it on a farm to activate it, then my neighbours know that they are not bothering me, and that their ships likely won't be stuck there all week. I can put it in storage if I go on holiday - and the game has MUCH better information about where to send the ships. And, it would be kinda cool to see my neighbor's ships docked on my farm. That last was probably ridiculous ... but it would be.

George
Off-and-on FarmTown resident since 2008

Come to Greenhaven:
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1446926512&farm_ix=2

LazyMare
Dec 26 2016, 09:33 AM
I had another one of my neighbors ships that took over 30 clicks to load in my seaport manager. Each time I clicked on it it loaded 3 percent. This is the second ship like this I have had.

Hi Dr Dirt

We have noticed that too and are waiting on clarification from the Devs.
Thank You for posting it :)

LazyMare
Dec 26 2016, 09:52 AM
Do we get any goods for doing our neighbours ships for them?

Nothing mentioned in New Realease yet but if we expect our neighbours to advance our ships we should also be happy to advance theirs :)

mcdaddie
Dec 26 2016, 11:03 AM
Hi Majik Merlin,
If you look at your toolbox icon when you open your farms, if there is a ship in your seaport then you will see a red circle with a number in it (the number is how many).
With the trains you have to open the My Requests to see that trains are there for you to boost.
That was a nice sounding plan Taz, but my red circle only worked the first day and has not shown up since. Problem is 10 or 12 ships have come to my port and I only found out by either a message (that I am getting tired of) or hitting the little icon every time I see it and I HAVE moved it to my quicky toolbox at the bottom to make that easier. SO many of these people wanting a way to know, would be alleviated if the red circle would just work.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 26 2016, 11:33 AM
Love the new revisions. :)

New suggestion: Instead of not being able to start preparing the next ship for 24 hours, could we have a "Farmtown Day" of 20 hours? I'd like to be able to wake up each morning knowing I can start a new ship, and the 24 hour thing makes it harder. I know there's been a glitch that's had us have to wait 26 hours instead of 24, but even though I started my first ship around 7am, with adding 26 hours each time, I now can't start the next ship until around 11am, which is hard for lots of reasons.

mcdaddie
Dec 26 2016, 11:34 AM
I just had one that required 51 clicks to move it on.

On that topic. There were never ANY instructions about multiple clicking and I have had a few of my neighbors tell me they clicked on it and thought they did their job not knowing that they needed to keep clicking until the button for clicking disappeared. I think this message needs to be posted game wide for EVERYONE to read.

Alexandra_J
Dec 26 2016, 11:41 AM
Nothing mentioned in New Realease yet but if we expect our neighbours to advance our ships we should also be happy to advance theirs :)

:) Thanks LazyMare

L.A.Bob
Dec 26 2016, 12:11 PM
I checked my Tool box and Seaport icon and there was nothing to indicate that a ship was there. I opened the Seaport and found a neighbors ship. I clicked it several times and it moved on without any problem. Just commenting on there being no red circle with a number in it showing before I went in to send the ship on.

Petuniaflower
Dec 26 2016, 12:15 PM
I seem to be getting neighbors that don't play often,or not interest in the ships. I think there needs to be a option,of doing the ships or not doing the ships.Those that are not interested ,our ships wouldn't go to.Something needs to be done,when your ship has set in a dock for a certain amount of time,it goes to another and skips the one that didn't advance it.

marymarcel
Dec 26 2016, 12:18 PM
I seem to be getting neighbors that don't play often,or not interest in the ships. I think there needs to be a option,of doing the ships or not doing the ships.Those that are not interested ,our ships wouldn't go to.Something needs to be done,when your ship has set in a dock for a certain amount of time,it goes to another and skips the one that didn't advance it.

Hi Petuniaflower:)

This morning Raul posted a post release, please read it in the first post of this thread, they are working in some changes for Ships, including times and neighbors:)

Farmer_Susan
Dec 26 2016, 12:28 PM
In the updates, is the one below supposed to be "We will NOT allow . . ."?

"c) We will allow Ships from non-neighbours to show up in the Seaport Manager, which should solve the issue listed in the "Known Issues" section below."

marymarcel
Dec 26 2016, 12:37 PM
In the updates, is the one below supposed to be "We will NOT allow . . ."?

"c) We will allow Ships from non-neighbours to show up in the Seaport Manager, which should solve the issue listed in the "Known Issues" section below."

Hi Susan:)

No, it is supposed to be "We will allow::"

Let me explain, if those are 1 way neighbors (you are their neighbor but they are not yours or the reverse) then when you open the Seaport Manager, those ships are automatically loaded and sent on but you cant see them.

This way we will be able to see and load our one way neighbors :)

Farmer_Susan
Dec 26 2016, 01:02 PM

No, it is supposed to be "We will allow::"

Let me explain, if those are 1 way neighbors (you are their neighbor but they are not yours or the reverse) then when you open the Seaport Manager, those ships are automatically loaded and sent on but you cant see them.

This way we will be able to see and load our one way neighbors :)

Ok, thanks for the explanation. :)

Is there a way to tell who the 1-way neighbors are? For example, when I go to my Neighbors tab, I know the blue ones are my neighbors. The white ones - those LOOK like they're people in my FB friends list who, at one time, may have tried Farmtown. Some stuck, others didn't. Some of those MIGHT be 1-way neighbors but I know for sure that others are just FB friends.

marymarcel
Dec 26 2016, 01:29 PM
Ok, thanks for the explanation. :)

Is there a way to tell who the 1-way neighbors are? For example, when I go to my Neighbors tab, I know the blue ones are my neighbors. The white ones - those LOOK like they're people in my FB friends list who, at one time, may have tried Farmtown. Some stuck, others didn't. Some of those MIGHT be 1-way neighbors but I know for sure that others are just FB friends.

You are very welcome

I'm sorry but the only way I know is to message them and ask, but if you have lot of friends it will not be easy.

Rugged Barbie
Dec 26 2016, 03:16 PM
I got a ship just now and it took 51 clicks to fill it up and send it on it's way.
Maybe too many clicks to do the job? Just thinking and as a suggestion, 1 click per container may be sufficient.
I like the ships but I feel that most of us would like to get something for clicking on a neighbor's ship containers as we do for boosting a train. If we didn't get anything for boosting the trains, I doubt they would have become a viable tool.
They (the ships) are not an inconvenience to me at all.
The Rugged One

al_bundy
Dec 26 2016, 03:43 PM
the ship feature is great but one thing it needs is a Auto Prepair Feature

as for many players logging on every hour to prepair the next container is to time consuming and many players work so can noot log on to do it so the feature may well become a unpopular and unused feature of the game.

some options could be

extend the 24hr limit to 48hrs or so

or have a tool that does it for the player

Tom C
Dec 26 2016, 03:57 PM
I have sent several ships on and have not had to click more than 10 times to do so. I watched and one click loads one container.

The 12 hour feature and then you can move you ship on is a good one except some people like my self work 12 hour shifts on the weekend, so you might click to move the ship on and then 30 minutes later i am home and could load your ship but you left. Just something for people to think about.

JuliaK
Dec 26 2016, 04:19 PM
I gather that the devs are working behind the scenes... when I came on this morning I had the number 12 in my seaport manager notification but not 1 ship in port... now I have the no 6 and everytime I click on it I get a Error Saving Data. Error XLINK have have to restart my game,

senseigi
Dec 26 2016, 04:29 PM
hi how do i launch ships .. i am not sure how to do it on farm town

FarmerMcLashwood
Dec 26 2016, 04:31 PM
Seeing comments on FB as opposed to seeing them in the forum.. I think 1 reason why some neighbours don't want to participate is they are thinking that they are having to load the ships that come into their port from their own stocks. They don't realise that it is the Mayor who is supplying the products.. all they have to do is just click to load them.

NJones277
Dec 26 2016, 04:32 PM
Big problem - I've had several messages from neighbors telling me their ships are in my port - there's even a number that should be there. I go there and "there are no ships...in your port. This has been happening since day one. I've caught only two ships to load out of 20-30 notifications that there are ships waiting. Help, please!!!!

Qivis
Dec 26 2016, 04:45 PM
Big problem - I've had several messages from neighbors telling me their ships are in my port - there's even a number that should be there. I go there and "there are no ships...in your port. This has been happening since day one. I've caught only two ships to load out of 20-30 notifications that there are ships waiting. Help, please!!!!

Me too!:confused:

marymarcel
Dec 26 2016, 04:53 PM

Me too!:confused:

Hi NJones and Qivis:)

This happens if those are 1 way neighbors (you are their neighbor but they are not yours or the reverse) then when you open the Seaport Manager, those ships are automatically loaded and sent to the following port but you cant see them.

Have you tried to message those friends and ask if the ships were loaded in your ports?

Aussie Rae
Dec 26 2016, 04:56 PM
when they get that message "there are no ships there" it means they don't have YOU as a neighbor, all they need do is open the seaport manager to let the mayor load the ship and send it on... Have had this happen to me, also to some of my neighbors and we figured it out in seconds... so hope this info will help others who are puzzled by that message. If its an unknown port.. you could have removed that person from your neighbor bar.. this has been tested and thats how I found out.. that neighbor has now been added again and the persons picture is showing instead of "Unknown " lol

Noel Anne
Dec 26 2016, 04:57 PM
Is there a way to skip a port with my ship if the neighbor doesn't get online within a certain time period? I'm going to run out of days, lol...

Aussie Rae
Dec 26 2016, 04:58 PM
sorry Marymarcele, if I jumped the gun, as your post was not there when I started typing.. OOPS.. :) just got out of bed, have not had my coffee yet!!!

marymarcel
Dec 26 2016, 05:00 PM
hi how do i launch ships .. i am not sure how to do it on farm town

Hi senseigi:)

You go to the store and under Trains/Ships, you purchase a ship or all of them if you want. You can only have one of each color and can only dispatch one every 24 hours.

You click on your ship, click in Show ship details and you will be able to prepear the amount of containers you want. When they are loaded, one at a time, you click in Dispatch Ship button, and it is done.

marymarcel
Dec 26 2016, 05:02 PM
Is there a way to skip a port with my ship if the neighbor doesn't get online within a certain time period? I'm going to run out of days, lol...

I'm sorry but no, you cant. Have you tried to message them?

The developers will make some changes in the near future about the time a ship is stuck in a port.

Qivis
Dec 26 2016, 05:54 PM
I clicked one last container before leaving for Christmas Day services, and when I got home went to dispatch my 2nd ship. But it called 5am to 11am the SAME DAY "more than 24 hours" and erased all the work I did. Then today it called 7:30am to 6pm the SAME DAY "more than 24 hours" and erased everything I did this morning even though it has been at least 2 days since I dispatched my first ship and I had ALREADY dispatched the 2nd before I left for the clearance sales at the mall.

Taz D
Dec 26 2016, 06:17 PM
I clicked one last container before leaving for Christmas Day services, and when I got home went to dispatch my 2nd ship. But it called 5am to 11am the SAME DAY "more than 24 hours" and erased all the work I did. Then today it called 7:30am to 6pm the SAME DAY "more than 24 hours" and erased everything I did this morning even though it has been at least 2 days since I dispatched my first ship and I had ALREADY dispatched the 2nd before I left for the clearance sales at the mall.
Hi Qivis,
Your post about this you had put in Suggestions was moved to the Help & Support thread about the Cargo Ships and answered. Please check there.

max_river
Dec 26 2016, 06:33 PM
Thank you for the ships i love them.. having no issues with them

Taz D
Dec 26 2016, 08:00 PM
According to the main forum page it WAS the the thread about Cargo ships, but now that thread I cannot find!
Hi Qivis,
Here is a link to the Help & Support thread about the cargo ships:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626490

Qivis
Dec 26 2016, 08:12 PM
Hi Qivis,
Here is a link to the Help & Support thread about the cargo ships:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626490

Okay. I deleted my post saying I could not find it and now that post magically reappeared?

NJones277
Dec 26 2016, 08:38 PM
Thanks Marymarcel. I've messaged the two friends that asked me to load their ships, but haven't heard back from them. It would be nice to know that you loaded a ship for someone even though they're not your neighbor. As for clearing memcache, I do that after I work 4 farms, so it's getting cleared a lot. Doesn't seem to have an affect on the ships. Still have 2 stuck for almost 2 days. The people are my neighbors, and I know one of them has been playing today, but didn't load my ship. Making our own itinerary will be nice. And the forward after 12 hours will be great.

I think giving some product to the people who forward your ships should be considered. It would make them more likely to load and forward if they don't have ships.

Hope you and the rest of the moderators, and the devs, all had a good Christmas. You've been busy throughout. We all appreciate all the work you guys do. :)

JuliaK
Dec 27 2016, 02:24 AM
I gather that the devs are working behind the scenes... when I came on this morning I had the number 12 in my seaport manager notification but not 1 ship in port... now I have the no 6 and everytime I click on it I get a Error Saving Data. Error XLINK have have to restart my game,

It is now 5 or so hours later, I have memcached, restarted more times than I care to, I now have the number 19 and I am still getting the Error Saving Data, Error XLINK.. anyone else having this issue :)

imcgowan
Dec 27 2016, 03:14 AM
I like the idea of the ships and the fact that they are affordable. I'm glad you are addressing some of the issues when it comes to how they will work. One of my questions that I don't think you've mentioned is do we really need to go to 30 ports? I'm just thinking it's a bit much even with the ships having 7 days to complete their journey. It isn't just about the ships being worked on at other farms it's the time you can devote to watching if you get a ship, keeping yours going and if you work a job that isn't easy since we have the quests and contest and then the day to day updates.

LazyMare
Dec 27 2016, 03:34 AM

I am getting that too Julia K - will yell as soon as cure is found :)

Dutch85
Dec 27 2016, 06:10 AM
I had two ships in my port when I logged in this morning. I was able to send one on its way and the other one I get the error saving data pop up. Just letting you know. I'm enjoying the ships and I'm sure there are some bugs to be worked out.

GRB
Dec 27 2016, 07:21 AM
For the record, not having any issues with the SHIPS.
Not expecting much during the holidays. I do like the idea about picking our own ports

domer_46530
Dec 27 2016, 07:27 AM
Good Morning!
I understand all the hard work that went into this "SHIPS" upgrade you postponed it for multiple releases HOWEVER it it quickly becoming the most frustrating addition ever to the game. And it has the potential to loss you far more players than it will ever gain. The point that needs to be made is that NO ship returns until 7 days people are PUSHING people to do the boat 5 minutes after it gets to a farm. And it goes to farms that have no idea what it is. 3 skips after 12 hours is nothing try 12 skips after 6 hours is needed now maybe in 6 months you can cut it back. And why did you release it over a holiday period when so many people are away?? Please do something more to save this the frustration level is thru the roof right now!

Mare Contrare
Dec 27 2016, 07:48 AM
I posted my problem a day or so ago, but now I can't find the post or answer if there is one. Since the new release, my toggle sound and music plays even though it shows in red. I can't get it to stop, and it is very annoying. Thanks for your help in advance.

LazyMare
Dec 27 2016, 07:56 AM
I posted my problem a day or so ago, but now I can't find the post or answer if there is one. Since the new release, my toggle sound and music plays even though it shows in red. I can't get it to stop, and it is very annoying. Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi Mare Contrare

Your post was moved to and anwered in the Help and Support Thread for Display Issues as it is not an issue to do with the new release and risked getting lost among all the shipping enquiries

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594614

If ever you cannot find a post you have written please follow the instructions given in this thread: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

In addition to the answer given you will find photos of how to turn sound/music off and on in the following Chapter of the Game Guide : http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314822

knolan
Dec 27 2016, 08:26 AM
Yesterday, I attempted to work the Ship, and sent it off for departure without preparing any containers. I didn't know what to do, because the instructions on the ship wasn't clear enough for me to understand how it works. Now I have a ship that was dispatched, with NO goods. I'm surprised that there isn't a block on sending a ship without any goods prepared. Now I have to wait a whole week until I can actually use it.
Most of the quests & activities on FarmTown have instructions that are for the most part, understood, without having to come to the forum. I don't like the forum because I can never find my questions that I've sent in, and it's not easy to use for us, the 'older' generation.
How can I cancel the ships departure & bring it back home so I can send it off properly, 'After' I've prepared some containers?

JoGilliam
Dec 27 2016, 08:34 AM
Thank you Raul for the fun of the ships, and you are making great changes with the itineraries which are probably my main challenges.

I just wanted to mention that twice I messaged a neighbor that they had my ship, and when they looked they didn't see it, but I saw that it had moved on already... so maybe those disappearing ships were like that. It certainly caused no delay at all, and several laughs!

Best regards,

LazyMare
Dec 27 2016, 08:54 AM
Yesterday, I attempted to work the Ship, and sent it off for departure without preparing any containers. I didn't know what to do, because the instructions on the ship wasn't clear enough for me to understand how it works. Now I have a ship that was dispatched, with NO goods. I'm surprised that there isn't a block on sending a ship without any goods prepared. Now I have to wait a whole week until I can actually use it.
Most of the quests & activities on FarmTown have instructions that are for the most part, understood, without having to come to the forum. I don't like the forum because I can never find my questions that I've sent in, and it's not easy to use for us, the 'older' generation.
How can I cancel the ships departure & bring it back home so I can send it off properly, 'After' I've prepared some containers?

Hi Knolan
Once a ship is sent out it's on it's way around as far as I know.
We all learn by trial and error as well as from instructions so at least tomorrow when preparing your next ship you will know to prepare the container that has the most needed products first and to then dispatch the ship within 24 hours of starting to prepre it. In the meantime you can follow the progress of your disptched ship in the Ship's Logbook tab.
If ever you cannot find something you have posted please follow the instructions in the following thread : http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

NJones277
Dec 27 2016, 08:56 AM
I have two ships stuck in Port Unknown. Can they be advanced somehow?

To Marymarcel - I heard back from my friends and their ships did get advanced, so that's working. Would be nice to see a message to that effect. :)

Petuniaflower
Dec 27 2016, 08:56 AM

When does this come into effect.And how do you do it??

BamaMike
Dec 27 2016, 08:59 AM
I have two ships stuck in Port Unknown. Can they be advanced somehow?

To Marymarcel - I heard back from my friends and their ships did get advanced, so that's working. Would be nice to see a message to that effect. :)

I got the port unknown thing after I removed her as a neighbor, she has not responded to my message about how to do the ships and she was active last night and the ship has been in her port for almost 2 days. I just went ahead and removed her so that I could replace her with a neighbor that is going to do the ships.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 27 2016, 09:10 AM
One of my questions that I don't think you've mentioned is do we really need to go to 30 ports? I'm just thinking it's a bit much even with the ships having 7 days to complete their journey. It isn't just about the ships being worked on at other farms it's the time you can devote to watching if you get a ship, keeping yours going and if you work a job that isn't easy since we have the quests and contest and then the day to day updates.

The 30 port thing just gives us more opportunities to get even more goodies. We don't have to do anything extra to it once we send it on its way, so the more ports, the merrier for us. It's not going to require any more from us to do 30 ports than to do one. :)

Taz D
Dec 27 2016, 09:10 AM

When does this come into effect.And how do you do it??
Hi Petuniaflower,
It comes into effect when Raul releases it. He will let us know when it is released in the first post of this thread.

Texas Star
Dec 27 2016, 09:20 AM
My neighbors are buying these like crazy... okay for them. They have something to gain.

When they get to my port, I usually have to click 60 times to send them on... I can plant a couple of farms, do my fishing, etc in that number of clicks and at least I get some benefit from my time spent. One click to send it on would be appropriate since there is no benefit earned for me. I help my neighbors in many ways but this is a waste of my time.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 27 2016, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure if this is a glitch but it really seems strange to me that in the 4 days since the ships were released, I've only had 2 come to my port. I've been staying with a friend who's in the hospital the whole time so I've been on Farmtown almost constantly these last 4 days. Nothing else to do. I have tons of neighbors, so I would have thought I'd be at the top of lots of people's lists and I know some are doing the ships. Unlike some who are complaining about too many ships at their port, I'd LOVE to have more ships come to my port! LOL

I know the release will allow people to choose, but my question here is more just wondering why I HAVEN'T been getting ships. Any ideas?

Taz D
Dec 27 2016, 09:37 AM
My neighbors are buying these like crazy... okay for them. They have something to gain.

When they get to my port, I usually have to click 60 times to send them on... I can plant a couple of farms, do my fishing, etc in that number of clicks and at least I get some benefit from my time spent. One click to send it on would be appropriate since there is no benefit earned for me. I help my neighbors in many ways but this is a waste of my time.
Hi Texas Star,
We are asking the developers about this high number of clicks.

NanCEurich
Dec 27 2016, 09:54 AM
I keep getting people for my ships that do not or have not played this game in a long time. My ships are getting stuck at the same people for days. This is unacceptable. I can't abide this.

marymarcel
Dec 27 2016, 10:10 AM
I keep getting people for my ships that do not or have not played this game in a long time. My ships are getting stuck at the same people for days. This is unacceptable. I can't abide this.

Hi NanCEurich:)

The developers are working on improving the list of neighbors for ships, so we will be able to choose/change them.

You can find this information in the first post of this thread.

LazyMare
Dec 27 2016, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure if this is a glitch but it really seems strange to me that in the 4 days since the ships were released, I've only had 2 come to my port. I've been staying with a friend who's in the hospital the whole time so I've been on Farmtown almost constantly these last 4 days. Nothing else to do. I have tons of neighbors, so I would have thought I'd be at the top of lots of people's lists and I know some are doing the ships. Unlike some who are complaining about too many ships at their port, I'd LOVE to have more ships come to my port! LOL

I know the release will allow people to choose, but my question here is more just wondering why I HAVEN'T been getting ships. Any ideas?

Hi Susan

I THINK, please note THINK because I don't know for sure, that the itineraries so far are based on most recently active neighbours, as in those who have just opened the game. If you close and re-open the game you may get more ships coming to visit you.

Silly-Billy
Dec 27 2016, 10:40 AM

When they get to my port, I usually have to click 60 times to send them on...

I've had about a dozen ships come through my port, and on all but 1 I've noticed that they require 1 click per container. I did, however, have one that took about 20 clicks. Don't remember, nor did I recognise the Farmers Name. Pretty sure I didn't help anyone or anything, just wanted to put more info out there.

Billy

Farmer_Susan
Dec 27 2016, 10:41 AM
Hi Susan

I THINK, please note THINK because I don't know for sure, that the itineraries so far are based on most recently active neighbours, as in those who have just opened the game. If you close and re-open the game you may get more ships coming to visit you.

I had wondered about that. Maybe the fact I've been on continuously is actually making me look LESS active. LOL - now I'll be compulsively signing out of FT and then back in to test the theory. ;)

Farmer_Susan
Dec 27 2016, 11:13 AM
I've had about a dozen ships come through my port, and on all but 1 I've noticed that they require 1 click per container. I did, however, have one that took about 20 clicks. Don't remember, nor did I recognise the Farmers Name. Pretty sure I didn't help anyone or anything, just wanted to put more info out there.

Billy

But you just MIGHT have Billy! Maybe the complaints about requiring too many clicks and the complaints about not recognizing the farmer are part of the same bug. See??? You just might have helped!

(Can y'all tell I'm super bored here? LOL)

marymarcel
Dec 27 2016, 11:36 AM

Billy

Hi Silly-Billy:)

We have emailed the developers about the amount of clicks to let them check and/or clarify on this.:)

turbo kim
Dec 27 2016, 11:55 AM
I have two ships loaded and sent out, but one is on a port labeled unknown and has been stuck for two days...A neighbor told me there was a way around this to get my ship back into the game, but I can't find it if it's been brought up in the fourms...can you please help me with this? turbo kim

marymarcel
Dec 27 2016, 11:59 AM
I have two ships loaded and sent out, but one is on a port labeled unknown and has been stuck for two days...A neighbor told me there was a way around this to get my ship back into the game, but I can't find it if it's been brought up in the fourms...can you please help me with this? turbo kim

Hi turbo kim:)

The developers are working on improving the neighbors ports for our ships, but the change will be released in the near future.

You have the information in the first page, first post of this thread.:)

turbo kim
Dec 27 2016, 12:04 PM
I have a ship stuck for the last two days on a ,"unknown" port. How can I go to the next port?

marymarcel
Dec 27 2016, 12:12 PM
I have a ship stuck for the last two days on a ,"unknown" port. How can I go to the next port?

As far as we know you get the "Port Unknown" when you remove someone as neighbor who was in your ship itinerary or when you are not friends on facebook anymore but they are still neighbors. Unless you can think of who your Unknown Port is it will be difficult to move your ship from that port.

turbo kim
Dec 27 2016, 12:38 PM
Thank you for the quick answer. I hope they will fix this problem soon.

mcdaddie
Dec 27 2016, 12:40 PM
I said I would wait and give the ships some time so we can learn.
What I have learned is that I just completed one of my ships (all 30 ports) during a holiday season, and received over 500K products as reward. All it cost me was some coin and some patience. People DO sleep (sometimes 8hrs) they do work (most times 8 hrs.), and they do celebrate Christmas. In spite of all that my ship completed its journey. My problems with ships are as follows:
They are creating friction between long time friends and neighbors. I think it is terrible to unfriend someone because they went to visit Grandma. Also, that much daily attention to something sometimes is not something everyone wants. Messaging people is not the answer either. A game requiring that is wrongly designed. Now for the big rub. A train with a Black engine (just coins takes 7 days to complete). Sound familiar? Now hook up 18 long train cars (the one that brings the animals is not used in ships) @ 35 FC per car, costs 630FC. That equates to right at $100 US real money. So my ship that is ALREADY back in 4 days just netted me the same products as my 630FC train. Can anyone else see the problem. But wait a minute we want to allow skips, set our own itinerary, and get auto push to next port if hung over 12 hrs. That will make the ships even easier to out perform my trains and at NO cost to the owners of the ships. I think this is a problem that also needs to be addressed after the ships are sorted out. Just a suggestion, maybe adjust the output of trains by 4X to make it worth having expensive trains.

Now the last item is for the people actually loading the ships in their port. Yes there is no reward for the efforts which can be argued what is best. If you opened and clicked once to send the train on, that shouldn't be a problem helping that neighbor. Clicking it once for each container is testing that friendship some. But click on it 50 to 90 times to move out one train, is WAY TOO MUCH work to be considered as just friendship. There comes a point where compensation is due. If products are not the answer, maybe 3XP per container would be acceptable modeling it after helping your neighbors with their factories. Like I said, can be argued a couple of ways.
Thanks for listening, I will now return you to your farms to see if my ship is ready to be loaded. :)

Remember as the title stated. Just my opinion.

Petuniaflower
Dec 27 2016, 01:55 PM
I said I would wait and give the ships some time so we can learn.
What I have learned is that I just completed one of my ships (all 30 ports) during a holiday season, and received over 500K products as reward. All it cost me was some coin and some patience. People DO sleep (sometimes 8hrs) they do work (most times 8 hrs.), and they do celebrate Christmas. In spite of all that my ship completed its journey. My problems with ships are as follows:
They are creating friction between long time friends and neighbors. I think it is terrible to unfriend someone because they went to visit Grandma. Also, that much daily attention to something sometimes is not something everyone wants. Messaging people is not the answer either. A game requiring that is wrongly designed. Now for the big rub. A train with a Black engine (just coins takes 7 days to complete). Sound familiar? Now hook up 18 long train cars (the one that brings the animals is not used in ships) @ 35 FC per car, costs 630FC. That equates to right at $100 US real money. So my ship that is ALREADY back in 4 days just netted me the same products as my 630FC train. Can anyone else see the problem. But wait a minute we want to allow skips, set our own itinerary, and get auto push to next port if hung over 12 hrs. That will make the ships even easier to out perform my trains and at NO cost to the owners of the ships. I think this is a problem that also needs to be addressed after the ships are sorted out. Just a suggestion, maybe adjust the output of trains by 4X to make it worth having expensive trains.

Now the last item is for the people actually loading the ships in their port. Yes there is no reward for the efforts which can be argued what is best. If you opened and clicked once to send the train on, that shouldn't be a problem helping that neighbor. Clicking it once for each container is testing that friendship some. But click on it 50 to 90 times to move out one train, is WAY TOO MUCH work to be considered as just friendship. There comes a point where compensation is due. If products are not the answer, maybe 3XP per container would be acceptable modeling it after helping your neighbors with their factories. Like I said, can be argued a couple of ways.
Thanks for listening, I will now return you to your farms to see if my ship is ready to be loaded. :)

Remember as the title stated. Just my opinion.

Maybe a AWAY BUTTON would be nice. I am sure many that play have days they may be gone for a day,a weekend,or maybe longer.
I know my first ship that was sent out will never make it,because it was stalled on the very first one for day for a good 3 days.

JuliaK
Dec 27 2016, 03:58 PM
It is now 5 or so hours later, I have memcached, restarted more times than I care to, I now have the number 19 and I am still getting the Error Saving Data, Error XLINK.. anyone else having this issue :)

It is now 24 hours later, I have a notiification of 39 ships in my port and still getting the same message,,, grrrr

marymarcel
Dec 27 2016, 04:02 PM
It is now 24 hours later, I have a notiification of 39 ships in my port and still getting the same message,,, grrrr

Hi JuliaK:)

The developers are aware of this problem and working on it.

JuliaK
Dec 27 2016, 04:32 PM
Hi JuliaK:)

The developers are aware of this problem and working on it.

Thanks heaps... getting a tad annoying as I had 20 odd messages waiting for me when I came online this morning...don't get me wrong love the game and love what the devs are trying to achieve...:)

Aussie Rae
Dec 27 2016, 05:07 PM

Oh Susan, that is sad, :( maybe peoples ships are stuck at ports before yours? I have had around 10 or so and more arriving daily as people are dispatching more, and from reading someones previous post re the amount of goods we get if sending 10 containers, apparently its more than the train with its fc carriages brings back, so for the expenditure of coins, and if all trains make it to 30 ports, don't laugh, the rewards are worth the effort, :)

marymarcel
Dec 27 2016, 05:15 PM

For users having problems with ErrorXLink, please reload the game and check if it is fixed.

If not, please run memcache and check again. Please let us know about any problem. Thanks:)

SEMO Bill
Dec 27 2016, 05:43 PM
Hi Silly-Billy:)

We have emailed the developers about the amount of clicks to let them check and/or clarify on this.:)

I've also had quite a few ships come through my port with easy clicking, but just now I had one that took 30 clicks (yes I counted). Unlike the previous post, I do know the name, and she is my neighbor.

SEMO Bill

Dutch85
Dec 27 2016, 06:07 PM

For users having problems with ErrorXLink, please reload the game and check if it is fixed.

If not, please run memcache and check again. Please let us know about any problem. Thanks:)

Mine seems to be fixed now. I was able to send a few ships on their way.

Taz D
Dec 27 2016, 06:12 PM
We have gotten clarification from the developers on the clicking. It can take from 1 - 10 clicks Per container. If you have only one container in the ship, it will require from 1 to 10 clicks. If you have the ship fully loaded with 10 containers it will require from 1 to 100 clicks. It also depends on how far the ship has traveled, the exact rule is that in the first 3 ports it will require 1 click per container, on the next 3 ports, 2 clicks, therefore, on the last 3 ports of the itinerary it will require 10 clicks per container.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 27 2016, 06:24 PM
Oh Susan, that is sad, :( maybe peoples ships are stuck at ports before yours? I have had around 10 or so and more arriving daily as people are dispatching more, and from reading someones previous post re the amount of goods we get if sending 10 containers, apparently its more than the train with its fc carriages brings back, so for the expenditure of coins, and if all trains make it to 30 ports, don't laugh, the rewards are worth the effort, :)

I KNOW! I think it's sad, too! LOL

I've tried the signing off and signing back on again today and I've had 2 new ships in my port so maybe that's the trick. I'm really loving the ships. :)

Farmer_Susan
Dec 27 2016, 06:26 PM
We have gotten clarification from the developers on the clicking. It can take from 1 - 10 clicks Per container. If you have only one container in the ship, it will require from 1 to 10 clicks. If you have the ship fully loaded with 10 containers it will require from 1 to 100 clicks. It also depends on how far the ship has traveled, the exact rule is that in the first 3 ports it will require 1 click per container, on the next 3 ports, 2 clicks, therefore, on the last 3 ports of the itinerary it will require 10 clicks per container.

I don't think a large number of clicks is a good idea. People will get annoyed really fast with it and it's also not good for carpal tunnel types of issues. My vote is to require no more than 10 clicks.

Petuniaflower
Dec 27 2016, 06:27 PM
A question. In a post on the forum,earlier today,Someone had a unknown in her ships log.She was told,it was probably some one she deleted,or no longer her friend. I have a unknown. She was told her ship wouldn't be able to go any further. Does that mean I should just forget my ship with a unknown.

Taz D
Dec 27 2016, 06:32 PM
A question. In a post on the forum,earlier today,Someone had a unknown in her ships log.She was told,it was probably some one she deleted,or no longer her friend. I have a unknown. She was told her ship wouldn't be able to go any further. Does that mean I should just forget my ship with a unknown.
Hi Petuniaflower,
Not necessarily. They may still have you as a neighbor which will allow them to work it if they are participating. If not then you will get your ship back at the end of the 7 days.

Petuniaflower
Dec 27 2016, 06:48 PM
Hi Petuniaflower,
Not necessarily. They may still have you as a neighbor which will allow them to work it if they are participating. If not then you will get your ship back at the end of the 7 days.

That doesn't make me feel better ,If I deleted them means they didn't or rarely played!LOL

Taz D
Dec 27 2016, 06:52 PM
That doesn't make me feel better ,If I deleted them means they didn't or rarely played!LOL
Hi Petuniaflower,
They at least opened their farm at some point recently.

JuliaK
Dec 27 2016, 07:02 PM

Mine is fixed thank you very much,,,Farmers please note it may take a while for your farm to load... mine took nearly 20 minutes but it was worth the wait... thank you Devs :):)

PawPaw99
Dec 27 2016, 07:36 PM
Someone has a flaw in the logic process and for once, I don’t believe it is me. Assuming the ships are working as stated then the ports visited first would be the most active players. This means they would require one click per container no move the neighbor’s ship on and they get nothing for their efforts other than being a good neighbor. The last ports could take up to 10 clicks per container and with 10 containers that means you could be clicking up to 100 times. This comes with you being a casual player, not wanting to spend your time 24/7 playing Farm Town and now you are being required to click 100 times just to be a good neighbor to someone you only accepted as a neighbor in order to get 15 more storage spaces.. Still no XPs or coins or products are awarded for your work only the knowledge that you are being good neighbor. This process needs to be run through the thought process again because it is pushing neighbors away and moving the game away from a social process.

Dr. Dirt
Dec 27 2016, 07:55 PM
The problem I had with the "wait 24 hour before preparing another ship" pop up happening every time I opened a dispatched ship has been fixed. That part is now working as it should for me.

max_river
Dec 27 2016, 07:55 PM
I think some of the issues with ships being stuck port not as many are not playing right now because of hoilday

Dulcinea
Dec 27 2016, 08:32 PM

Yeah, I have to agree with the others. Where's the incentive to click 100 times? I have a few neighbors with 200 facilities on one farm. I have to click 100 times there, too, but at least I get goods and points for the NCC for my efforts.

And as someone else pointed out, the less you play FT, the further down you are on the itinerary, and the more you have to click. What's the point in that?

I think some of the issues with ships being stuck port not as many are not playing right now because of hoilday

I have a friend who's had my ship for two days, but it's only because she's still learning about the ships herself. Once players get used to this, and the devs tweak the selection process, we should have fewer stuck ships. :)

rockcandymountain
Dec 27 2016, 08:53 PM
For those who think they are over clicking to move move a ship along, download and install a mouse click counter. I have the same program on both my laptop and my desktop. I'm guessing that in the big picture that the actual counting of the clicks to be able to know how many clicks were performed could be part of the frustration.

To help de-stress the monotony of clicking, put on some music and click to the beat. You'll be suprised that the clicking will be done way before the song is over.

Dulcinea
Dec 27 2016, 09:32 PM
For those who think they are over clicking to move move a ship along, download and install a mouse click counter. I have the same program on both my laptop and my desktop. I'm guessing that in the big picture that the actual counting of the clicks to be able to know how many clicks were performed could be part of the frustration.

To help de-stress the monotony of clicking, put on some music and click to the beat. You'll be suprised that the clicking will be done way before the song is over.

The problem I'm having with getting my ship moving onto the next port is that my neighbor doesn't understand she has to keep clicking and clicking and clicking until my ship moves on. She said she clicked a couple times and didn't see a Send button and will try again later.

Taz D
Dec 27 2016, 09:50 PM
The problem I'm having with getting my ship moving onto the next port is that my neighbor doesn't understand she has to keep clicking and clicking and clicking until my ship moves on. She said she clicked a couple times and didn't see a Send button and will try again later.
Hio Dulcinea,
I always tell them to click until it disappears.

imcgowan
Dec 27 2016, 10:00 PM
I understand it's the holiday and some people are busy but it isn't all about that either. I have a neighbor who has my ship at her port for 3 days. Apparently she is having problems with her internet. These kind of interruptions, day to day life and obligations will make it difficult for ships to move forward.

I also question why the need for 30 ports. With all these issues it seems 30 ports are a bit much.

minxie63
Dec 27 2016, 10:28 PM
the issue i'm having with my first ship is that it's "stuck" at the port of someone that's not even a FT neighbor, but she's not even on my facebook friends' list!! how is that possible?

Taz D
Dec 27 2016, 10:32 PM
the issue i'm having with my first ship is that it's "stuck" at the port of someone that's not even a FT neighbor, but she's not even on my facebook friends' list!! how is that possible?
Hi Minxie,
They may have been a neighbor/friend before and still have you as a neighbor where you don't have them as a neighbor. I have a few of those and they have at least worked my ship.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 27 2016, 10:56 PM

I still think it's not a good idea to require so much. It's not just the monotony, it's really not good for us physically. That may sound like a dweeb response or something but I take physical health seriously. I don't have any debilitating physical conditions that have made me unable to use a mouse but I have enough "twinges" that I am conscious of wanting to limit the number of mouse clicks to make sure I DON'T go down that path. I think if I knew I had to click 100 times, I'd feel pretty torn. I'd definitely WANT to help the neighbor, but not sure it would be worth it.

rockcandymountain
Dec 28 2016, 02:22 AM
I have clicked on my left mouse button 242893 times since December 5th. thats almost 11000 a day. my clicking finger is huge!!!

Kandycares
Dec 28 2016, 03:11 AM
This game already has me on the border of carpal tunnel. Way too much to move one ship on. There is no good reason for it. Give us incentive to do it at all - especially those who aren't even going to do ships of their own so they will be more motivated to help us. And make it easy on them to do. 100 clicks? Please. If 8 of their friends have a ship in their port at once and they have no personal motivation, potentially 800 clicks is a good DE-motivator.

Not everyone wants to or can figure out how to use a clicker tool. I wouldn't even play the game without one but others need this to be more reasonable for Jane or John Doe.

kahra01
Dec 28 2016, 04:32 AM
This amount of clicking is crazy... someone told me they worked my ship and got nothing from it.. is that true? I dunno... I tested with 1 product, cotton.. and when my ship returned and I unloaded it, I ended up gaining 784 extra cotton! Its so much work and relying on people for such small return. I think i will stick with the Trains to be fair. The concept of the Ships is great, but not so practicable really. Its great to see you are going to let people organise their own Itineraries so avoid being stuck. I think the Ships might become too time consuming for people.

marymarcel
Dec 28 2016, 04:43 AM

From Raul notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - December 27, 7:00PM

- BugFix: Some users were experiencing XLINK errors when opening the Seaport Manager
- BugFix: After rotating a ship on the farm and opening the Ship Manager, if the ship was already dispatched, an error message was showing up incorrectly for some users.

Harvest Moon
Dec 28 2016, 05:20 AM

Max....exactly that....plus there is the time difference of being on the other side of the world....be patient people

Dr. Dirt
Dec 28 2016, 05:48 AM
I have a neighbor who has three of my ships at his port. One has been there for two days. I sent him a message asking him to please move it forward and have gotten no response. I see from his activity log that he has been on since I sent the message. If I remove him as my neighbor, remove me as his neighbor, and delete him as a fb friend will my ship move forward or will it be stuck in an unknown port?

LazyMare
Dec 28 2016, 06:11 AM
I have a neighbor who has three of my ships at his port. One has been there for two days. I sent him a message asking him to please move it forward and have gotten no response. I see from his activity log that he has been on since I sent the message. If I remove him as my neighbor, remove me as his neighbor, and delete him as a fb friend will my ship move forward or will it be stuck in an unknown port?

Hi Dr Dirt

I experimentd with removing as a neighbour and, as you say, they become Unknown Port but the boat stayed put. I suspect the same would be the case if removing as a friend as it is for removing as a neighbour. Both sound rather drastic during these early days.

NJones277
Dec 28 2016, 08:05 AM
How long does a ship at an Unknown Port have to stay there. Somehow, one of my ships got past it, but another one has been stuck for over 3 days. Will it stay there until 7 days are up?

LazyMare
Dec 28 2016, 08:17 AM
How long does a ship at an Unknown Port have to stay there. Somehow, one of my ships got past it, but another one has been stuck for over 3 days. Will it stay there until 7 days are up?

Hi NJones
That depends on if the mystery player opens their seaport manager or not

Dulcinea
Dec 28 2016, 08:32 AM
Hio Dulcinea,
I always tell them to click until it disappears.

Yes, I did that and she took care of it. I'm sure she'll enjoy the ships herself once we all get a hang of it. But it delayed my ship in her port because she didn't understand she had to click until it disappeared. It's possible that may be happening, and will continue to happen, to other players as well.

Taz D
Dec 28 2016, 08:59 AM
Yes, I did that and she took care of it. I'm sure she'll enjoy the ships herself once we all get a hang of it. But it delayed my ship in her port because she didn't understand she had to click until it disappeared. It's possible that may be happening, and will continue to happen, to other players as well.
Hi Dulcinea,
That has happened with any new feature added to the game. It takes a while for everyone to get up to speed on how it works.

earlgray
Dec 28 2016, 09:50 AM
I'm putting off buying ships, mostly because I don't have time to load them, but also because I won't pester or guilt anyone into helping me. The ships are different because the request goes out, not to one's neighbourhood, but to one targeted person at a time. One of the best things about this game is that you can be social or play solo, depending on how you feel right now. Encouraging social behavior is fine - pressuring individuals is not fine.

I suggest that one's neighbours should have to OPT IN... if I had to buy a port, and place it on a farm to activate it, then my neighbours know that they are not bothering me, and that their ships likely won't be stuck there all week. I can put it in storage if I go on holiday - and the game has MUCH better information about where to send the ships.

Although I'm not sure I want to have to find a place on a farm to physically place a port, I totally agree with the rest of this.

earlgray
Dec 28 2016, 09:57 AM
I still think it's not a good idea to require so much. It's not just the monotony, it's really not good for us physically. That may sound like a dweeb response or something but I take physical health seriously. I don't have any debilitating physical conditions that have made me unable to use a mouse but I have enough "twinges" that I am conscious of wanting to limit the number of mouse clicks to make sure I DON'T go down that path. I think if I knew I had to click 100 times, I'd feel pretty torn. I'd definitely WANT to help the neighbor, but not sure it would be worth it.

As it is, clicking 10 times per ship (if that's really the maximum, as some have said they've had to click more) is about the limit of what I'd be willing to do to move ships on. So far I've only had one come in to my port, and it only took 3 clicks, I think. But I'm not about to install a mouse clicker. Clicking over and over and over on one button is just silly. I really think it should be one click per ship, if the developers really want this to work.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 28 2016, 10:39 AM
Although I'm not sure I want to have to find a place on a farm to physically place a port, I totally agree with the rest of this.

I also feel it should be opt in instead of opt out. I don't think it's necessary to have to buy a port, though. If you opt in, you'll automatically have a port for your neighbors. I had originally thought the opt in should be automatic if you buy a ship - but after reading some more, it looks like some people may not want to do ships but might like to help by having a port. So maybe some other way to opt in? And definitely ways to opt back out - temporarily or permanently.

maggiel29
Dec 28 2016, 11:18 AM
As it is, clicking 10 times per ship (if that's really the maximum, as some have said they've had to click more) is about the limit of what I'd be willing to do to move ships on. So far I've only had one come in to my port, and it only took 3 clicks, I think. But I'm not about to install a mouse clicker. Clicking over and over and over on one button is just silly. I really think it should be one click per ship, if the developers really want this to work.

I have just had to click 51 times to clear a neighbours ship! That is really excessive.

Jean's Farm
Dec 28 2016, 11:29 AM
Not sure about these ships. I thought they were supposed to go to the players who are on a lot first. Mine is sitting at a port for 3 hours now!!!! The people who play a lot are down towards the bottom!!! :confused:

LazyMare
Dec 28 2016, 11:46 AM
Not sure about these ships. I thought they were supposed to go to the players who are on a lot first. Mine is sitting at a port for 3 hours now!!!! The people who play a lot are down towards the bottom!!! :confused:

Hi Jean
Please bear in mind that people occasionally eat sleep and work :) :)
Not to mention living/playing on different time zones
The Devs are working on some changes which should help a lot :)

Poppy559
Dec 28 2016, 12:46 PM
Despite my ships sitting in other ports for days at a time, I am loving the ships.

I have decided that I will stop obsessing, only load containers of goods I need so that I am not up all night, send them off, and then check again in a week.

I understand that my neighbours all work in the real world, have families that also need attention, have errands etc, just as I do, and I cannot be on Farm Town 24 hours a day. Neither can my neighbours.

I will however move the ships in my ports along twice a day - morning and evening. Also, I will replace inactive neighbours or those that have not played in years with new ones. I have made so many new "friends" in the last few days, and that I have to say is really awesome. It is always great to meet new people from all over the world.

Thank you Farm Town. I love this game.

RFMad
Dec 28 2016, 01:28 PM
I was wondering if it's possible to add the ships to the Gifts page like the trains? When I'm traveling, I can still accept a train without having to go into the game.

SEMO Bill
Dec 28 2016, 01:29 PM

3 hours?!?!?
I currently have 5 Ships dispatched (all fully prepared) and all stuck on one of the first 10 ports.
Blue (dispatched Friday) stuck in 3rd port for 2 days, now in 5th for 1.9 days.
Orange (dispatched Saturday) stuck in 2nd port for 2.5 days and now stuck in 7th port for 3.6 hours (same 5th port above)
Green (dispatched Sunday) stuck in 9th port for 20.5 hours
Purple (dispatched Monday) stuck in 5th port for 18.4 hours
Brown (dispatched yesterday) cleared the 1st 2 ports in just over an hour total. stayed in port 3 for 13.1 hours and now at 4th port for 2.7 hours.

If I could get my ships moved in 3 hours I would be very very happy.

Missy Lou
Dec 28 2016, 01:32 PM
I have noticed that even when I am on notifications of ships on my port are very delayed. I had been playing for a couple of hours when the notification posted on my tool box. When I went to load my friends ship the time showed close to 1 1/2 hrs. I had also sent another ship off about 1/2 hr prior. Please try to fix. It's already bad enough if it's sat somewhere else for a long period. Thank-you :)

jkmyer
Dec 28 2016, 02:28 PM

I have one at two days at port 2 and on going on three days sitting at port 3 have messaged each once but will not do it again will wait and see how the devs make it better before I send them out again.

Tuckertbnc
Dec 28 2016, 02:59 PM
I have 4 ships out . Loading #5 now .... None have made it past port #10 ... When I send #5 out tonight , I think I'll wait before sending out any more until I can choose who is on my list .... I also noticed my most 'active' neighbors are at the bottom of my lists .... I am not complaining really , since out of 105 neighbors 103 have played in the last 3 days ... but some are ignoring or don't 'know' what to do with the ships ..... I posted a Public message to all my Neighbors explaining what to do .. but , I am not going to send messages bothering them .... I posted a message a few hours ago for ALL my Neighbors asking for 30 to 'volunteer' be on my List ... Have 10 so far ...

Rugged Barbie
Dec 28 2016, 03:13 PM
Hi Moderators --
Last several days - since the boat launching and tinkering - my chicken coop is getting harvested on my Quest farm when I do a Harvest All. I think yesterday it also harvested my Dairy Barn.

I think the Boats are a nifty idea, Devs! I marvel at the thought and work it has taken to present this. I know you'll get it tweaked. Until then, I welcome all Boats in my Safe Harbour and will buy them once they're all worked out.

BTW, Moderators, you deserve gold, silver and mega cash for all the work you do. Especially when you answer the same questions over and over again with such kindness and patience. I thank you and I know everyone else here who haunt you feel the same way.

xoxoxo
The rugged one

ftjill
Dec 28 2016, 03:16 PM
3 ships docked at my port today and 2 required 60 clicks to fill and 1 required 80 clicks!

Hope this bug will be worked out soon

minxie63
Dec 28 2016, 03:29 PM
Hi Minxie,
They may have been a neighbor/friend before and still have you as a neighbor where you don't have them as a neighbor. I have a few of those and they have at least worked my ship.

yeah, they did mine shortly after i posted... luckily :)

Qivis
Dec 28 2016, 03:52 PM
I have just had to click 51 times to clear a neighbours ship! That is really excessive.

The moderators said they were aware of it taking some farmers more than 10 clicks yesterday and also said they have asked Raul for clarification on it. I certainly agree 51 is quite a bit excessive!

Qivis
Dec 28 2016, 03:54 PM
BTW, Moderators, you deserve gold, silver and mega cash for all the work you do. Especially when you answer the same questions over and over again with such kindness and patience. I thank you and I know everyone else here who haunt you feel the same way.

xoxoxo
The rugged one

Amen! Amen! :)

LazyMare
Dec 28 2016, 04:02 PM
The moderators said they were aware of it taking some farmers more than 10 clicks yesterday and also said they have asked Raul for clarification on it. I certainly agree 51 is quite a bit excessive!

Taz posted yesterday
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6123966&postcount=591

famer charlie
Dec 28 2016, 04:16 PM
if your ship has been stick at your neighbor for 17 hours how can you move your ship

marymarcel
Dec 28 2016, 04:22 PM
if your ship has been stick at your neighbor for 17 hours how can you move your ship

Hi famer charlie:)

At this moment we dont have that option, but the developers are working on some changes. You can read them in the first post, first page of this thread.

sliderman
Dec 28 2016, 04:39 PM
I despatched a ship 4 days ago and it has been sitting in one port for 3 days now. I asked the neighbour twice to send it on (they play because I am still getting gifts). I then removed that neighbour and it is now sitting in the same port which has been reclassified as Port Unknown. Frustrating to say the least.

marymarcel
Dec 28 2016, 04:43 PM
I despatched a ship 4 days ago and it has been sitting in one port for 3 days now. I asked the neighbour twice to send it on (they play because I am still getting gifts). I then removed that neighbour and it is now sitting in the same port which has been reclassified as Port Unknown. Frustrating to say the least.

Hi sliderman:)

I'm sorry but removing a neighbor in your ship itinerary doesnt affect your ship, it only changes to Unknown Port as you say.

The developers are working on some changes for Ships, you can read about them in the Post releases notes in the first post, first page of this thread.

BarbLH
Dec 28 2016, 04:57 PM
I couldn't find if this has ever been brought up before, so I'm posting here...
How come none of the trains or ships provide Honeycombs. They're used in the Honey Shop, which eats up a lot of them. Can they be added to the Ships & trains?

StoneFace
Dec 28 2016, 06:02 PM

When ships were first mentioned, I kept one farm cleared waiting....

and the result.....

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...8992&farm_ix=28

still have room for future additions to Cargo ships.... and I expect some to be FC items.;)

Taz D
Dec 28 2016, 06:14 PM
I couldn't find if this has ever been brought up before, so I'm posting here...
How come none of the trains or ships provide Honeycombs. They're used in the Honey Shop, which eats up a lot of them. Can they be added to the Ships & trains?
Hi BarbLH,
Please post any suggestions in the Suggestion section. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

Taz D
Dec 28 2016, 06:15 PM

and the result.....

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?fb_source=bookmark&ref=bookmarks&count=0&fb_bmpos=_0

still have room for future additions to Cargo ships.... and I expect some to be FC items.;)

Hi StoneFace,
The link you provided is the generic link. It will not take people to your farm.

Taz D
Dec 28 2016, 06:17 PM
Hi Moderators --
Last several days - since the boat launching and tinkering - my chicken coop is getting harvested on my Quest farm when I do a Harvest All. I think yesterday it also harvested my Dairy Barn.

I think the Boats are a nifty idea, Devs! I marvel at the thought and work it has taken to present this. I know you'll get it tweaked. Until then, I welcome all Boats in my Safe Harbour and will buy them once they're all worked out.

xoxoxo
The rugged one
Hi Rugged Barbie,
Please check your settings for theat farm in the Farm name settings and make sure it is still a quest farm.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 28 2016, 06:23 PM

and the result.....

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?fb_source=bookmark&ref=bookmarks&count=0&fb_bmpos=_0

Your URL took me to my farm but I used the ones at the bottom and found the right one. Nice!

StoneFace
Dec 28 2016, 06:35 PM
Hi StoneFace,
The link you provided is the generic link. It will not take people to your farm.

oops

Thanks Taz

here is the proper one

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1227128992&farm_ix=28

WillowTreeFarm
Dec 28 2016, 06:46 PM
oops

Thanks Taz

here is the proper one

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...8992&farm_ix=28

Nope, link still doesn't work.

Tiger
Dec 28 2016, 06:58 PM
Nope, link still doesn't work.

Hi,

I have corrected the link for Stoneface, please refresh the thread and try the link in their post again.

Kathy813
Dec 28 2016, 08:30 PM
:confused:What the directions don't make clear for me is what do I get when I load somebody's ship? Am I supposed to be getting coins? Am I supposed to be getting product like when I manage to click on someone's train request? What's in the ships for me?

Taz D
Dec 28 2016, 08:48 PM
:confused:What the directions don't make clear for me is what do I get when I load somebody's ship? Am I supposed to be getting coins? Am I supposed to be getting product like when I manage to click on someone's train request? What's in the ships for me?
Hi Kathy,
Currently thereisn't any reward beyond knowing you have helped your neighbor, who in turn will help you if you send a ship out.

gingerbread rob ertson
Dec 28 2016, 09:16 PM
If this is not the proper place to post, Please pass it on.

My blue ship has been to 13 ports, kind neighbors are scooting me alone. Usually when you go to check on the ship it shows the farmers icon on the top right, My ship now is not showing any photo, & it has posted at the top right the bar to Prepare Ship.. also telling me each container takes 60 minutes,, and the ship is in port. Hoping we are not at a stalling point here. Any information will be appreciated

Taz D
Dec 28 2016, 09:22 PM
If this is not the proper place to post, Please pass it on.

My blue ship has been to 13 ports, kind neighbors are scooting me alone. Usually when you go to check on the ship it shows the farmers icon on the top right, My ship now is not showing any photo, & it has posted at the top right the bar to Prepare Ship.. also telling me each container takes 60 minutes,, and the ship is in port. Hoping we are not at a stalling point here. Any information will be appreciated
Hi gingerbread robertson,
Is there an unload button showing, maybe on the ships logbook tab? It could be that all the rest were quick to load and send on.
Please provide a link to your farm the ship is on. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

beautysmom
Dec 28 2016, 09:32 PM
Hi beautysmom

Hopefully the Post Release update will avoid that problem in future

Yes, I do read the forums most days when there is a new release, to see if they have gotten any of the bugs out. So your answer was more than a little condescending, don't you think? My point is, the devs clustered bunches of people on my ships who play infrequently but happened to have been on for a few minutes around the time that I released a ship. And they seriously, seriously need to do something about the fact that they keep selecting people who have not been either FT friends or FB neighbors in ages--in some cases years. I removed a friend and neighbor over 3 years ago, when she ceased playing, and she still shows up in every single "neighbors" list I have--gifts, trains, etc! When are they planning to fix THAT problem?

Taz D
Dec 28 2016, 09:46 PM
Yes, I do read the forums most days when there is a new release, to see if they have gotten any of the bugs out. So your answer was more than a little condescending, don't you think? My point is, the devs clustered bunches of people on my ships who play infrequently but happened to have been on for a few minutes around the time that I released a ship. And they seriously, seriously need to do something about the fact that they keep selecting people who have not been either FT friends or FB neighbors in ages--in some cases years. I removed a friend and neighbor over 3 years ago, when she ceased playing, and she still shows up in every single "neighbors" list I have--gifts, trains, etc! When are they planning to fix THAT problem?
Hi Beautysmom,
Those lists are generated from your Facebook profile by a search done from Farm Town and not created or maintained by Farm Town. If Facebook does not update it then they stay on your lists and there is nothing Farm Town can do about that.
Even though you may have removed them, they may not have done so meaning you are still on their neighbor list. Someone has obviously at least opened their farms within time for them to be in the latest 30 of your neighbors to play Farm Town.
The developers are working on making changes to try to get better lists for the ports, so please be patient until they can come up with those changes.

earlgray
Dec 28 2016, 10:11 PM

51 clicks is ridiculous. I have read elsewhere about having to click 100 times. I guess my neighbors aren't too interested in the ships, since I have only had one visit so far, but if one visits and I need to click 50 or 100 times, I will be really peeved. Come on guys, use some sense, if you want this thing to be a success. There is a line between challenging and absurd.

Queen.of.Clutter
Dec 28 2016, 10:24 PM

My first one is stuck in a port for 5.7 DAYS now ..... I gave up on that one. 3 hours is NOTHING. People do work, sleep, etc. If they went to work just as it landed, don't expect it to move on for 8 - 10 or 12 hours. A friend works 14 hour shifts .... and has to drive 45 minutes .... life happens!!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 29 2016, 01:53 AM
Here we go friends and neighbors - Raul's latest note. Farmtown is THE best game anywhere, IMHO. You don't often find developers who pay attention to user feedback like Slashkey does. This is a pretty thoughtful compilation of our complaints - and good solutions, I think. I'm a happy camper - super excited to have the new changes implemented!

Post-Release Updates - December 29, 2:00AM

- Here is an updated list of the changes to the Ships we are planning to release soon:

a) You will be able to skip any port at any time without waiting. Notice that skipping a port lower the rewards of every port after it, the rewards of any remaining port shifts to the right. For example, if the reward on port 28 is 1000 products, port 29 is 2000 products and port 30 is 3000 products, then if you skip port 28, the reward on port 28 (the one you skipped) will be 0, port 29 will be 1000 products and port 30 will be 2000 products. You basically gave up the chances of earning 3000 products (not 1000) by skipping port 28.

b) The number of clicks per container when loading the ships in your port will always be 1, so it will never require more than 10 clicks to fully load a ship. You will also earn 500 coins for every container you load.

c) When you start preparing the Ship, we will always select a tentative itinerary for you, which will be composed by the neighbours that have helped you in the past week, which you can see at the very bottom of the screen, the boxes with pictures that say "XYZ sent you a gift", etc. If that is not enough to complete the 30 neighbours needed for the itinerary, we will then complete the rest of the ports using the same method we are using now, based on the last date they have played.

d) During the preparation phase you will be able to replace up to a certain number of neighbours in your itinerary. The final number will be decided later on, but it will be at least 10.

The feature d) above will require a few days to complete, we estimate the first 3 should be release sometime this week.

gingerbread rob ertson
Dec 29 2016, 02:04 AM
Is there an unload button showing, maybe on the ships logbook tab? It could be that all the rest were quick to load and send on.
Please provide a link to your farm the ship is on. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:

Thanks for your attention: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000264156751&farm_ix=17

gingerbread rob ertson
Dec 29 2016, 02:05 AM

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000264156751&farm_ix=17

Aussie Rae
Dec 29 2016, 02:47 AM
Here we go friends and neighbors - Raul's latest note. Farmtown is THE best game anywhere, IMHO. You don't often find developers who pay attention to user feedback like Slashkey does. This is a pretty thoughtful compilation of our complaints - and good solutions, I think. I'm a happy camper - super excited to have the new changes implemented!

thank you Susan for posting this, first thing I saw when I checked in, :)

maggiel29
Dec 29 2016, 02:53 AM
Thanks Raul for the latest update to the ship changes - I agree with Susan its a perfect response to the problems raised. Thank you for all your hard work over the holiday week too

Farmer_Susan
Dec 29 2016, 03:17 AM
Thanks Raul for the latest update to the ship changes - I agree with Susan its a perfect response to the problems raised. Thank you for all your hard work over the holiday week too

Yeah, except that now I'm sitting here like a little kid thinking, "Are the changes here yet????" . . . "No?" . . . "How about now???"

Don't worry peeps . . . I start back to work later today so I'll settle down soon. ;)

Nettie (Q)
Dec 29 2016, 03:56 AM
The number of clicks required to load neighbours ships is ridiculous!
I just came online and had 6 ships docked in my portand was happy to fill them - BUT.....
1st...39 clicks
2nd...59 clicks
3rd...96 clicks
4th...71 clicks
5th...70 clicks
6th...20 clicks

Why so many? and why the difference?

maggiel29
Dec 29 2016, 04:05 AM
Yeah, except that now I'm sitting here like a little kid thinking, "Are the changes here yet????" . . . "No?" . . . "How about now???"

Don't worry peeps . . . I start back to work later today so I'll settle down soon. ;)

I guess they wont affect ships already dispatched either. Im holding on sending out any more until the changes have been made. Im grateful to the Devs for putting in the work to sort this out though. There are always teething probs with any radical add to the game.

Sorry you have to start work again though Susan :(

Tuckertbnc
Dec 29 2016, 07:47 AM
I thought I had read that we would be able to pick the entire 30 .... I made up a message and posted to my neighbors > I hope it still will be the entire 30 we get to choose , my first ship has been stuck in the 4th port and is due back tomorrow ....

Came back and Deleted because Raul updated the number we 'might' get to choose ..... Don't want wrong information reposted ...

LazyMare
Dec 29 2016, 07:58 AM
I just came online and had 6 ships docked in my portand was happy to fill them - BUT.....
1st...39 clicks
2nd...59 clicks
3rd...96 clicks
4th...71 clicks
5th...70 clicks
6th...20 clicks

Hi Nettie
Because the way the ships were originally configured was 1 - 10 clicks per container. If you have only one container in the ship, it will require from 1 to 10 clicks. If you have the ship fully loaded with 10 containers it will require from 1 to 100 clicks. It also depends on how far the ship has traveled, the exact rule is that in the first 3 ports it will require 1 click per container, on the next 3 ports, 2 clicks, therefore, on the last 3 ports of the itinerary it will require 10 clicks per container.
BUT that will soon change to each of your neighbours ships requiring a maximum of ten clicks (1 per container) to send on with you earning a coin reward too :)

Tiger
Dec 29 2016, 08:49 AM
Thanks for your attention: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000264156751&farm_ix=17

Hi gingerbread,

Taz is not avaiable at the moment.

Thank you for your link :).

Please go ahead and contact support with this issue as it is not something we can help with from the forum.
To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 29 2016, 08:50 AM
1st...39 clicks
2nd...59 clicks
3rd...96 clicks
4th...71 clicks
5th...70 clicks
6th...20 clicks

This is one of the things they're changing, Nettie. Once they complete the changes they're working on now, we'll click once per container. We also get rewarded for our effort. This is what's now posted on the first post:

b) The number of clicks per container when loading the ships in your port will always be 1, so it will never require more than 10 clicks to fully load a ship. You will also earn 500 coins for every container you load.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 29 2016, 09:04 AM
I thought I had read that we would be able to pick the entire 30 .... I made up a message and posted to my neighbors > I hope it still will be the entire 30 we get to choose , my first ship has been stuck in the 4th port and is due back tomorrow .... Farm Town Neighbors > The ships are going to have an itinerary of 30 neighbors that WE are going to be able to pick > That will become our Default Itinerary list .... I want to get the names of 30 neighbors .. Neighbors that will be doing the ships and are active every day .. Please ... I think we ALL should do this .... That way the ships will go quickly thru their trips and we don't have to message / bug neighbors that are Not doing the ships .. If you are willing to be on my list , Please post your name in Comments ... FYI > I will be glad to be on anyone's list .... !!! If you decide to do the same Please > Copy and Paste this notice , so the comments will be Your neighbors for Your List ....
Tuckertbnc, originally, they were going to allow us to choose the entire 30, but they decided to do this: a) give us better lists to start with; b) allow us to pick SOME of the people on our list (they're saying at least 10); and c) not limit us on the number of ports we skip.

The original itinerary will be made up of that list at the bottom of our screen that says "So and so sent you a gift/accelerated your train/whatever". That way, all 30 people will have actively helped US on OUR farm very recently. I think this is going to be better. We'll have a better list to start with, we'll be able to replace some of the people on it, and we'll be able to skip ports anytime we want to. When we skip, we won't earn the rewards for that step, but that seems like it will make it part of the fun - that seems like a good step to me.

Dulcinea
Dec 29 2016, 09:53 AM
- Here is an updated list of the changes to the Ships we are planning to release soon:

a) You will be able to skip any port at any time without waiting. Notice that skipping a port lower the rewards of every port after it, the rewards of any remaining port shifts to the right. For example, if the reward on port 28 is 1000 products, port 29 is 2000 products and port 30 is 3000 products, then if you skip port 28, the reward on port 28 (the one you skipped) will be 0, port 29 will be 1000 products and port 30 will be 2000 products. You basically gave up the chances of earning 3000 products (not 1000) by skipping port 28.

c) When you start preparing the Ship, we will always select a tentative itinerary for you, which will be composed by the neighbours that have helped you in the past week, which you can see at the very bottom of the screen, the boxes with pictures that say "XYZ sent you a gift", etc. If that is not enough to complete the 30 neighbours needed for the itinerary, we will then complete the rest of the ports using the same method we are using now, based on the last date they have played.

d) During the preparation phase you will be able to replace up to a certain number of neighbours in your itinerary. The final number will be decided later on, but it will be at least 10.

The feature d) above will require a few days to complete, we estimate the first 3 should be release sometime this week.

All reasonable changes, thank you. :)

bjyhey3
Dec 29 2016, 10:03 AM
Here is my story: I don't need the extra products so I bought 1 ship and loaded 1 carton so I could get the feel of how it would work and build a strategy. My first 2 stops are a neighbor who rarely plays. After 2 days she sent it on. The second port is hers as well and my ship has been there for 4.6 days. After 2 messages I've given up. I know this will change in the future. I, in the meantime, have loaded more ships than I can count some requiring 10 clicks and some 80 or more. It's no trouble, not a burden, and it's fun. I'm not sure what the future holds as far as sending ships out myself but I will continue to load the ships that come to my port. So my question is: If I don't send out ships will I still be able to load my neighbor's ships as they come to my port?
Thanks to all of the moderators and devs for addressing all these posts...this is huge

imcgowan
Dec 29 2016, 10:16 AM
Thirty ports are too many. I have been waiting over 4 days for one person to work on my ship and they are on port 3. Less ports. My ship is coming in less than a day and I'll only have 2 ports completed. It's a waste of time.

Tiger
Dec 29 2016, 10:20 AM
Here is my story: I don't need the extra products so I bought 1 ship and loaded 1 carton so I could get the feel of how it would work and build a strategy. My first 2 stops are a neighbor who rarely plays. After 2 days she sent it on. The second port is hers as well and my ship has been there for 4.6 days. After 2 messages I've given up. I know this will change in the future. I, in the meantime, have loaded more ships than I can count some requiring 10 clicks and some 80 or more. It's no trouble, not a burden, and it's fun. I'm not sure what the future holds as far as sending ships out myself but I will continue to load the ships that come to my port. So my question is: If I don't send out ships will I still be able to load my neighbor's ships as they come to my port?
Thanks to all of the moderators and devs for addressing all these posts...this is huge

Hi bjyhey3,

There is nothing to say that you can't help your neighbours with their ships even if you do not send any yourself. The only requirement is that you are an active player and you happen to be one of those that is chosen for your friends ship itinerary.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 29 2016, 10:34 AM
Thirty ports are too many. I have been waiting over 4 days for one person to work on my ship and they are on port 3. Less ports. My ship is coming in less than a day and I'll only have 2 ports completed. It's a waste of time.

imcgowan, I've seen your requests about this before but I don't understand. To me, the more ports the better. Once I send a ship out, there's nothing else for me to do. I guess for people who are sending notes to neighbors, that might be a lot to keep up with, but I decided not to do that. Tried it once, didn't feel good (even though the neighbor was very nice and did move my ship). So I launch a ship and that's it. The more ports we have, the more potential goodies we get. Sure, we're not going to get all 30 all the time. This first round, I doubt very much that I'll get to 30 on ANY of my ships, but I'm getting SOMETHING on each one. But I WANT the number of ports kept high so I at least have the chance of getting a huge amount of goods. Once the new changes get here, that goal will be easier to reach. And also, this may seem weird, but to me, it's important to have goals that you DON'T get each and every time. I'm thinking the game would get boring if I got all ports for all ships ALL the time.

Anyway, just my two cents. I love it that the number of ports is fairly high. More potential goodies for me.

Added later: Maybe you're wanting just as many goodies with fewer ports. That makes sense. I'm thinking after the changes they add, all will be well with the 30. I'm willing to try that for awhile and see how it goes.

ftjill
Dec 29 2016, 11:10 AM
Thank you devs - you are awesome in the way you listen to our feedback! You're so willing to tweak and change things until you get them right or as right as they can be. Looking forward to experimenting with the updates soon.

It is feeling a lot like the early days of farm town - a hyper active forum meaning lots of lively discussion. I hope other players have enjoyed the forum discussions as much as I have. And I've picked up some very useful tips too!

Big shout out to our incredibly awesome mods. These folks have been going non stop to answer our questions, helping us with problems and graciously reminding us to be kind to one another.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 29 2016, 11:21 AM
It is feeling a lot like the early days of farm town - a hyper active forum meaning lots of lively discussion. I hope other players have enjoyed the forum discussions as much as I have. And I've picked up some very useful tips too!

Ditto everything you said but especially the part above. To me, being able to come here and read the forum notes and reply is part of building community. I've loved it that it's been so active. Very fun. And I've learned stuff, too!

Petuniaflower
Dec 29 2016, 11:31 AM
I keep reloading my farm ,hoping instead of Ghost on my neighbor board I actually see them. Makes me come up with a idea.When you go to your ship log,ghost there too.Have it so we can click from there ,to message neighbors.I have 2 Mikes,and both are faceless right now.Yes I message neighbors.Hope they are not getting sick of it.

Also,we have to keep in mine,how many time zones there are. I have neighbors in England ,Australia, France and etc.

rockcandymountain
Dec 29 2016, 12:02 PM
If a person gets lucky and their ships are getting back to them in less than 7 days, lets say 4 days. With the limitation of having to wait 'x' number of hours before another ship can be dispatched, wouldn't it be possible that our ships would end up spending more time in port that not?

I real world shipping operations, a ship in port isn't making money nor delivering goods. Just an observation.
Thanks

ftjill
Dec 29 2016, 12:10 PM
In real life I do see ships anchored waiting for a berth at the port. Often miles away from the port and for a week sometimes.

RFMad
Dec 29 2016, 12:16 PM
I would like to see a way to get messages from the forum into the game. Some people don't come to the forum to see the new things added and don't know how to do the ships.
A big thank you to the devs that respond so quickly! I don't know of any other games that do that and I really appreciate them!

kourty
Dec 29 2016, 12:17 PM
How do you skip a port

Tiger
Dec 29 2016, 12:28 PM
How do you skip a port

Hi kourty,

This feature of the ships as not been released yet. Keep an eye on the top post notes for all possible changes and updates as they will be posted there.

leighwj1960
Dec 29 2016, 12:38 PM
Do the ships just go to our neighbors? I have a few active players that are not neighbors because I'm waiting for them to accept my neighbor request.

Tiger
Dec 29 2016, 12:44 PM
Do the ships just go to our neighbors? I have a few active players that are not neighbors because I'm waiting for them to accept my neighbor request.

Hi leighwj1960,

They go to your neighbours ports. This does not necessarily mean that they have you for a neighbour as well. You can have someone as a neighbour but them not have you as a neighbour. Either way they will still get a notification that your or anyone's ship is at their port.

Dr. Dirt
Dec 29 2016, 01:05 PM
This has been popping up on my farm town neighbors feed. If you see it you might want to correct it as this is not true:

Farm Town Neighbours > The ships are going to have an itinerary of 30 neighbours that WE are going to be able to pick > That will become our Default Itinerary list .... I want to get the names of 30 neighbours .. Neighbours that will be doing the ships and are active every day .. Please ... I think we ALL should do this .... That way the ships will go quickly through their trips and we don't have to message / bug neighbours that are not doing the ships .. If you are willing to be on my list , Please post YOUR REAL NAME in Comments ...ADD ME AS A NIGHBOR.... FYI > I will be glad to be on anyone's list

Taz D
Dec 29 2016, 01:44 PM
This has been popping up on my farm town neighbors feed. If you see it you might want to correct it as this is not true:

Farm Town Neighbours > The ships are going to have an itinerary of 30 neighbours that WE are going to be able to pick > That will become our Default Itinerary list .... I want to get the names of 30 neighbours .. Neighbours that will be doing the ships and are active every day .. Please ... I think we ALL should do this .... That way the ships will go quickly through their trips and we don't have to message / bug neighbours that are not doing the ships .. If you are willing to be on my list , Please post YOUR REAL NAME in Comments ...ADD ME AS A NIGHBOR.... FYI > I will be glad to be on anyone's list

Hi Dr Dirt,
Someone posted here that they were sending this out as FB post. That was right until the update Raul made last night. Only his friends can see it so you will have to correct it.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 29 2016, 01:55 PM
Hi Dr Dirt,
Someone posted here that they were sending this out as FB post. That was right until the update Raul made last night. Only his friends can see it so you will have to correct it.

I had a neighbor just post that - I gave her the correct info but also said, YES! Please add me as a ships neighbor!

That part is still true - we're going to be able to choose some people, just not for several weeks. But even so, I think it makes sense to be gathering information on people who want to do ships.

david1323
Dec 29 2016, 02:10 PM
Hi Dr Dirt,

I do not understand this and am confused. I have read the update at the beginning of this thread and see nothing where it says we will be able to choose our own itinerary. I only see that the game chooses and that in the future an update will allow us to pass a port, but with a penalty. What update did Raul make?

JNelson
Dec 29 2016, 02:17 PM
i would like to suggest that our SN be allowed to send ships along from our sea ports .. this will help the people who work full time or are unable to get on "everyday" but are still active players --- that or something like it ... hire a docking crew

Tiger
Dec 29 2016, 02:20 PM
I do not understand this and am confused. I have read the update at the beginning of this thread and see nothing where it says we will be able to choose our own itinerary. I only see that the game chooses and that in the future an update will allow us to pass a port, but with a penalty. What update did Raul make?

Hi david,

Updates are in the top post near the bottom of the post. Keep checking there for when they get released. The latest is the following. The part about itinarary change is part d) :

Post-Release Updates - December 29, 2:00AM

Nettie (Q)
Dec 29 2016, 02:46 PM
Hi Nettie
Because the way the ships were originally configured was 1 - 10 clicks per container. If you have only one container in the ship, it will require from 1 to 10 clicks. If you have the ship fully loaded with 10 containers it will require from 1 to 100 clicks. It also depends on how far the ship has traveled, the exact rule is that in the first 3 ports it will require 1 click per container, on the next 3 ports, 2 clicks, therefore, on the last 3 ports of the itinerary it will require 10 clicks per container.
BUT that will soon change to each of your neighbours ships requiring a maximum of ten clicks (1 per container) to send on with you earning a coin reward too :)

Thank you xxx

Dr. Dirt
Dec 29 2016, 03:09 PM
Hi Dr Dirt,

Yes, I have done that. Only posted it so others that see it might correct it on their FB posts. I have seen it on my wall posted from two different people so far. One has already removed it. :)

roz1972
Dec 29 2016, 03:30 PM
I don't think a large number of clicks is a good idea. People will get annoyed really fast with it and it's also not good for carpal tunnel types of issues. My vote is to require no more than 10 clicks.

i agree with you , i dont see why so many clicks is neccessary , i think ten the max but cant see why one click wouldnt suffice

just seen the new update . think once this is in place it will be great

gingerbread rob ertson
Dec 29 2016, 03:34 PM
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000264156751&farm_ix=17

did my link work??

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...751&farm_ix=17

Today the blue ship reverted back to reloading,,, of course I started loading my purple ship so it is telling me that I have to wait 24 hrs to load the blue ship, I know there are issues, so will wait patiently for the gamers to figure out what is going on

marymarcel
Dec 29 2016, 04:03 PM
did my link work??

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...751&farm_ix=17

Today the blue ship reverted back to reloading,,, of course I started loading my purple ship so it is telling me that I have to wait 24 hrs to load the blue ship, I know there are issues, so will wait patiently for the gamers to figure out what is going on

Hi gingerbread rob ertson:)

Tiger answered you in the following link, please read her response and the instructions to contact Support about your problem:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6124946#post6124946

VickStix
Dec 29 2016, 04:46 PM
So happy to read that we will be able to replace some neighbors, in our itinerary, because it's very clear that some people playing this game have fake profiles they use to game the system. My very first ship, and it's stuck on the 2nd stop, because that person hasn't logged in. :-( Very disappointed in this feature, as it is now, since I didn't even get past the 2nd stop. :-(

domer_46530
Dec 29 2016, 05:12 PM
This is good news please make it happen as soon as possible however!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 29 2016, 05:30 PM
This is good news please make it happen as soon as possible however!

LOL - yep! If nothing else, all of our eager prompting should let them know that we really, really like this feature and are excited about it. :D

Kathy813
Dec 29 2016, 05:42 PM
:(Anyone who is loading ships for others should be getting some compensation! All those clicks should award some coins and/or product!

Tiger
Dec 29 2016, 06:15 PM
:(Anyone who is loading ships for others should be getting some compensation! All those clicks should award some coins and/or product!

Hi Kathy,

Please read the post release notes for Dec 29th. You will find them in the first post on page one. 2 of the things mentioned are that the amount of clicks will be reduced and there will be coin reward.

Zany Clover
Dec 29 2016, 06:21 PM
I hope that in making changes to the ships, you'll allow people to close their ports when they have to go on vacation, are ill, etc., because too many people are assuming that we can always be in Farmtown several times every day. Some people are in here most of the day and night, but many of us still work or have family/other responsibilities. What you've structured is making this a cut-throat deal where neighbors are being deleted and everyone's pushing, pushing, pushing for their friends to help. Farmtown is becoming work vs fun and is creating friction vs comaraderie. Very sad.

RFMad
Dec 29 2016, 06:24 PM
My ship has been in a port for a couple days. I sent a message and explained how to access it and she says she was asked by someone else, too but there isn't anything showing for her. Has that been a problem before? I know it's been reported that there is a ship notification and none there but not this way. Can someone check on this? Thanks.

Taz D
Dec 29 2016, 06:42 PM
My ship has been in a port for a couple days. I sent a message and explained how to access it and she says she was asked by someone else, too but there isn't anything showing for her. Has that been a problem before? I know it's been reported that there is a ship notification and none there but not this way. Can someone check on this? Thanks.
Hi RFMad,
I am sorry but we have no way to check on this as we do not have any data about the ships in our tools yet. Is she a neighbor for you and you a neighbor for her?
You will need to contact Support on this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

RFMad
Dec 29 2016, 06:46 PM
She is a neighbor of mine - I'm not sure about me being hers. I'll just wait to contact support. They probably have enough to check on :) Thanks.
Hi RFMad,
I am sorry but we have no way to check on this as we do not have any data about the ships in our tools yet. Is she a neighbor for you and you a neighbor for her?
You will need to contact Support on this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

Tuckertbnc
Dec 29 2016, 08:30 PM
Tuckertbnc, originally, they were going to allow us to choose the entire 30, but they decided to do this: a) give us better lists to start with; b) allow us to pick SOME of the people on our list (they're saying at least 10); and c) not limit us on the number of ports we skip.

The original itinerary will be made up of that list at the bottom of our screen that says "So and so sent you a gift/accelerated your train/whatever". That way, all 30 people will have actively helped US on OUR farm very recently. I think this is going to be better. We'll have a better list to start with, we'll be able to replace some of the people on it, and we'll be able to skip ports anytime we want to. When we skip, we won't earn the rewards for that step, but that seems like it will make it part of the fun - that seems like a good step to me.

My problem is the same one other are complaining about ... the 'program' they used to make the list seems to have my least active neighbors first on my list and the most active on the bottom .... I have 105 neighbors and I have only had 1 ship come thru the last 2 days and less than 10 all together ?? and I play easy 12 to 14+ hours a day in and out ... I have 5 ships out , 3 stuck on ports less than #7 , the highest one has gotten is #17 .. it has been there 2 days I'm assuming because of the holidays ... I'm not loading any more and just waiting until the impruvements are implimented before I load anymore ....

Farmer_Susan
Dec 29 2016, 08:40 PM
My problem is the same one other are complaining about ... the 'program' they used to make the list seems to have my least active neighbors first on my list and the most active on the bottom .... I have 105 neighbors and I have only had 1 ship come thru the last 2 days and less than 10 all together ?? and I play easy 12 to 14+ hours a day in and out ... I have 5 ships out , 3 stuck on ports less than #7 , the highest one has gotten is #17 .. it has been there 2 days I'm assuming because of the holidays ... I'm not loading any more and just waiting until the impruvements are implimented before I load anymore ....

I can relate! I've been on almost non-stop since they were released and I'm getting very few ships in my port. Someone suggested maybe I needed to log off and log back in instead of just keeping Farmtown going for hours at a time. I started doing that and it does seem to have helped - but I'm still not getting the number of ships I would have expected. I've got 7 ships out now - just launced the 7th. Of the first 6, 5 of them appear to be stuck. :rolleyes: However, I'm still going to get SOMETHING for them and I'm getting a great kick out of doing them so it's ok. But - like you - the "stuck in a port" issue is a bit frustrating until the fixes happen.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 29 2016, 11:34 PM
HEY!!!! Have you guys seen??? We can now SKIP PORTS!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! (Ok, maybe a TAD overstated, but I'm a heck of a lot happier.) I "unstuck" several ships that had been sitting in ports for between 1 and 4 days. Now maybe they can move along. Soooo happy!

BamaMike
Dec 29 2016, 11:38 PM
I really like the updates to the ships, they are going to add to the game and hopefully the ones who have been against them will come around. I like how they are making you think before you start skipping ports(start loosing products).

Aussie Rae
Dec 29 2016, 11:39 PM
HEY!!!! Have you guys seen??? We can now SKIP PORTS!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! (Ok, maybe a TAD overstated, but I'm a heck of a lot happier.) I "unstuck" several ships that had been sitting in ports for between 1 and 4 days. Now maybe they can move along. Soooo happy!

Yes, just saw that when I checked a ship!!

rockcandymountain
Dec 29 2016, 11:48 PM
My first ship came in and I got 700,000 products from it. An hour later I unloaded one of my trains and got 1.2 million products from it.

In real world shipping, the reason ships are seen in ports tied up is because the workers at the port cant load/unload those ships fast enough.

I asked the question in google as to how long it takes to load or unload the average container ship and the answer is 10-12 hrs for an 800 foot container ship.

My issue is that the ship gets back to our port, gets unloaded and is forced to sit and wait for its turn. If we are sending these ships using a rotating basis, then ships will be waiting for a few days.

If we weren't having our turn time controlled, then anyone who is lucky enough to have good ports to visit, PLUS if we could turn our ships as quickly as we reloaded them, then the shipping part of the game would be more of a draw. IMHO

Farmer_Susan
Dec 29 2016, 11:50 PM
I really like the updates to the ships, they are going to add to the game and hopefully the ones who have been against them will come around. I like how they are making you think before you start skipping ports(start loosing products).

Me, too! There's a lot of strategy here. And by allowing us to replace users up front before we ever launch and then skip ports after launch, we're continually trying to figure out how to play our best hand. I just love it!

Tom C
Dec 29 2016, 11:55 PM
I went and skip a few ports that I had been sitting at for a day or more. If your ship sits there for a day or more they are either not and active player or have something else going on it their life is keeping them from playing. I may have lost a few products doing that but I would have lost a lot more if the ship sat on say port 5 for the next lets say 3 days and never moved.

I agree also that I think we should be able to send the ships back out as soon as they come in. I have the blue ship back on day 7 but have to wait 11 hours to send it back out. I know the next ship is not do back til tomorrow night but if the neighbors move it along fast enough it could be back before I send the blue one out again. At that point I will have 2 ships sitting at port.

gffarmer
Dec 29 2016, 11:59 PM
I am sooooooooo happy we can skip ports now!!! I had 5 ships stuck at the same port and now they are on their way to the next one. Thank you!!!!!

Moose Mob
Dec 30 2016, 12:00 AM
My first ship came in and I got 700,000 products from it. An hour later I unloaded one of my trains and got 1.2 million products from it.

In real world shipping, the reason ships are seen in ports tied up is because the workers at the port cant load/unload those ships fast enough.

I asked the question in google as to how long it takes to load or unload the average container ship and the answer is 10-12 hrs for an 800 foot container ship.

My issue is that the ship gets back to our port, gets unloaded and is forced to sit and wait for its turn. If we are sending these ships using a rotating basis, then ships will be waiting for a few days.

If we weren't having our turn time controlled, then anyone who is lucky enough to have good ports to visit, PLUS if we could turn our ships as quickly as we reloaded them, then the shipping part of the game would be more of a draw. IMHO

If you want to be more 'real world', then you would also need to add 3-4 days between port while the ship is at sea. The status would be "arrive at Port Buddy in 2 hours".

Aussie Rae
Dec 30 2016, 12:01 AM
I had a ship out with 10 containers, it returned home, the total goods imported was 513,296 so wondering how come Rocky Candy Mountain got 700,000???

Taz D
Dec 30 2016, 12:04 AM
Raul has just posted this update:

Post-Release Updates - December 30, 12:30AM

- You can now skip any port at any time without waiting. Notice that skipping a port lower the rewards of every port after it, the rewards of any remaining port shifts to the right. For example, if the reward on port 28 is 1000 products, port 29 is 2000 products and port 30 is 3000 products, then if you skip port 28, the reward on port 28 (the one you skipped) will be 0, port 29 will be 1000 products and port 30 will be 2000 products. You basically gave up the chances of earning 3000 products (not 1000) by skipping port 28.

- The number of clicks per container when loading the ships in your port will always be 1, so it will never require more than 10 clicks to fully load a ship. You will also earn 500 coins for every container you load.

- You should now see ships from non-neighbours (for example, friends who are not your neighbours) in your Seaport Manager as well, so every time you see a red circle on the Tool Box icon, you should have ships waiting in your port.

- Better neighbour selection to create the ship itinerary. The itinerary is now composed by the neighbours that have helped you in the past week, which you can see at the very bottom of the screen, the boxes with pictures that say "XYZ sent you a gift", etc. If that is not enough to complete the 30 neighbours needed for the itinerary, we will then complete the rest of the ports using the same method we are using now, based on the last date they have played.

Pending to Release:

- Create the itinerary when the preparation phase starts and allow the replacement of up to 10 neighbours in your itinerary.

Aussie Rae
Dec 30 2016, 12:14 AM

how did you get 700,000 products? I had the Yellow Ship, with all 10 containers, return home and the goods imported totaled 513,296 and I have seen other neighbors post with that same amount of goods... seems a bit off key if you got so much more than everyone else.. can you explain please, we are really interested to find out how it was achieved..

maggiel29
Dec 30 2016, 12:25 AM
Thank you Raul for the updates to the ship and for working on it this holiday week. Happy New Year to you and all the Dev team and the Mods who have worked so hard on this issue the last few days.

Lara
Dec 30 2016, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the quick update and fixes. I have already used the skip port button to move on some Ports unknown and a neighbour who hasn't been on over Christmas. Happy Dance. Happy New Year to the Devs and the farmers.

rockcandymountain
Dec 30 2016, 12:45 AM
It was not exactly 700,000, I think it was like 702,000 ish. I didn't write it down because I was only grabbing a look to see how it compared to the trains. I will try to write down exact numbers in the future and IF they are coming back over 600K I will post.

Tom C
Dec 30 2016, 12:45 AM
I used the skip button to move ships on and it worked fine.
I have also gotten a few ships in port that I do not know that name of the person owning it and had to click on it, also have still had a few come come up as not showing. It took more than one click to send them on there way, but nothing like before. Wonder if the one needing more clicks were sent out before the changes and same with one not showing up in seaport manager. Also did not notice getting any coins, but also was not really watching, will watch more closely tomorrow.

chrisluvsanimals
Dec 30 2016, 01:07 AM

- You can now skip any port at any time without waiting. Notice that skipping a port lower the rewards of every port after it, the rewards of any remaining port shifts to the right. For example, if the reward on port 28 is 1000 products, port 29 is 2000 products and port 30 is 3000 products, then if you skip port 28, the reward on port 28 (the one you skipped) will be 0, port 29 will be 1000 products and port 30 will be 2000 products. You basically gave up the chances of earning 3000 products (not 1000) by skipping port 28.

Is there a limit to the number of ports you can skip?

isamarie
Dec 30 2016, 01:59 AM
how can you skip a port?

barbaraelwart
Dec 30 2016, 02:18 AM
Just wanted to thank the Devs for all your hard work in sorting these Ships out and trying to keep most people happy. You have gone above and beyond the call of duty doing all this through the holiday period and I for one really appreciate it.

The ships will be a great feature once they are all sorted and will add another interest to the game.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year and once again, Thank You :D

isamarie
Dec 30 2016, 02:28 AM
ok i got it, i just refresh and i got the skip botton, i sent 2 ships on the way to next port

mrsdont
Dec 30 2016, 02:46 AM
Is the next update on the first of January or will it be late? Was wondering as this update has not been closed yet.

roz1972
Dec 30 2016, 04:22 AM

yep was so excited when i woke up this morning and could do that , as i had 5 ships stuck on one person who obviously had no intention on playing that bit of the game , i dont want to badger people so have decided i will give them 24 hours to move my ship on and if thats not done then i will skip next port ...at least that way i get something but also giving the chance for my neighbours to play too for the coins

LazyMare
Dec 30 2016, 04:28 AM

Is there a limit to the number of ports you can skip?

The only info we have at the moment is that you can skip any port any time except the last one - The more ports we skip, the less products we get - in a few minutes will be experimenting - sorry not to be of more help yet

LazyMare
Dec 30 2016, 04:35 AM
Is the next update on the first of January or will it be late? Was wondering as this update has not been closed yet.

We don't know mrsdont

Dr. Dirt
Dec 30 2016, 06:07 AM
I just had a red circle with the number one in it indicating I had a ship in port but when I clicked on it nothing was there. FYI

marymarcel
Dec 30 2016, 06:43 AM
I just had a red circle with the number one in it indicating I had a ship in port but when I clicked on it nothing was there. FYI

Hi Dr. Dirt:)

Thanks for reporting this.

I'm not completely sure but perhaps that ship was sent to your port before the update. I was not on line during 11 hours, so when I entered the game a few minutes ago, I had number 4 in red.
When I opened the Seaport, only 2 ships were there, the other 2 just disappeared. But one of the ships was from a friend not neighbor, and was sent to my port 5 hours ago, so after the update.

But we will keep an eye on this during the day and will let the developers know if there is any problem. :)

StoneFace
Dec 30 2016, 06:59 AM
It was not exactly 700,000, I think it was like 702,000 ish. I didn't write it down because I was only grabbing a look to see how it compared to the trains. I will try to write down exact numbers in the future and IF they are coming back over 600K I will post.

I just unloaded my first ship..... 698,000 products.... and that was from only 22 ports..... all of the last 8 ports would have greatly increased that number.

Dr. Dirt
Dec 30 2016, 07:08 AM
Hi Dr. Dirt:)

Thanks for reporting this.

I'm not completely sure but perhaps that ship was sent to your port before the update. I was not on line during 11 hours, so when I entered the game a few minutes ago, I had number 4 in red.
When I opened the Seaport, only 2 ships were there, the other 2 just disappeared. But one of the ships was from a friend not neighbor, and was sent to my port 5 hours ago, so after the update.

But we will keep an eye on this during the day and will let the developers know if there is any problem. :)

No, just 30 or so minutes before that I loaded 4 ships and nothing was left in my seaport after that.. Both happened after the update.

StoneFace
Dec 30 2016, 07:08 AM
At the other account.... all 30 ports responded.... and I unloaded the ship with over 1.4 million products.

happy sailor here.... but now I have to have a pattern for placing the ships in the order of their expected return....

marymarcel
Dec 30 2016, 07:38 AM
No, just 30 or so minutes before that I loaded 4 ships and nothing was left in my seaport after that.. Both happened after the update.

Ok, thank you :)

We will be checking during the day, please let us know if this happens to you again.

WyoSugar
Dec 30 2016, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the ability to skip a port. I now have 3 ships on the move :) I did have a problem this morning that I haven't seen before. When I got on, there was nothing on my toolbox or on my seaport (which I have move to the front). I clicked the sea port out of habit and had 3 ships in my port. I sent them on their way but if I hadn't opened the sea port I would not have known they were there. Thanks to the developers for all they do. I think the ships will be fun once the "kinks" are worked out.

Tuckertbnc
Dec 30 2016, 07:57 AM
I do hope they create the option for the players to opt OUT like they do with the funeral services . That way neighbors that are 'refusing' to move ships forward but are active won't hold a ship up :( ..... I like the ships , but I am waiting until we can 'choose' the neighbors before sending anymore out .... Love the skip feature .. my first ship is due back in 8 hours and has been stuck in port #4 for days ... got all that were 'stuck' moving ...

Taz D
Dec 30 2016, 08:40 AM
Hi Dr Dirt,
It could be ships that the time expired. It has been just over 7 days since the ships were released. I had 1 that the time expired and it returned after only 15 ports.

yramski
Dec 30 2016, 08:48 AM
Make the Cargo Ships optional. I have a lot of good neighbors who send gifts, help with cop op quest, work my facilities. But they don't play the cargo ships. They don't want to. It takes time checking in often. Some people do not play every day. Yet they are bad mouthed because they don't click on neighbors ship quickly. Please make optional like the co op quest.

Queen.of.Clutter
Dec 30 2016, 09:08 AM
Strange thing just happened ... wanted to let y'all know. I skipped a neighbor on my Brown ship - it sat in her port for over 2 days, and I will not keep bugging neighbors with notes. That was an hour ago. Well, she just messaged me 10 minutes ago with a note that said she 'helped me' with the ship. Odd .... did not realize the neighbors you skip can actually still help ... unless we are on a time difference ...

Vivienne57
Dec 30 2016, 09:13 AM
I don't think it's right that FT select whose farm our ships go to. I believe we can only pick 10. That so sucks. The developers don't play the game so why should they choose our list. I would rather choose my own 30 as I know who will work the ships when they arrive in their port and who won't. What if the developers pick neighbours that are not working the ships!!!!!

Taz D
Dec 30 2016, 09:33 AM
Strange thing just happened ... wanted to let y'all know. I skipped a neighbor on my Brown ship - it sat in her port for over 2 days, and I will not keep bugging neighbors with notes. That was an hour ago. Well, she just messaged me 10 minutes ago with a note that said she 'helped me' with the ship. Odd .... did not realize the neighbors you skip can actually still help ... unless we are on a time difference ...
Hi Queen.of.Clutter,
It could be that she loaded it at the same time you were skipping her. Not sure if her load would count though to add to totals.

Texas Star
Dec 30 2016, 09:40 AM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on December 30, 12:30AM.

- You should now see ships from non-neighbours (for example, friends who are not your neighbours) in your Seaport Manager as well, so every time you see a red circle on the Tool Box icon, you should have ships waiting in your port.

FYI :) I had a phantom ship this morning when I got on, counter said 5 ships but only 4 were visible. Thought maybe it came in before the fix was applied. Just an hour ago I had the red circle showing 1 ship had arrived, but nothing there when I opened the Seaport Manager....so I am still getting those.

Everything else worked as expected. TY for the fewer clicks and the coins! I like helping neighbors and less clicks is sure helping me do that!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 30 2016, 10:29 AM
I don't think it's right that FT select whose farm our ships go to. I believe we can only pick 10. That so sucks. The developers don't play the game so why should they choose our list. I would rather choose my own 30 as I know who will work the ships when they arrive in their port and who won't. What if the developers pick neighbours that are not working the ships!!!!!

I actually sort of like the challenge of the way it is now. It adds an element of chance and encourages me to strategize differently each time. I may be in the minority but just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

Rugged Barbie
Dec 30 2016, 10:55 AM
I think you make an xlent moderator!
I got your boat this morning and sent it happily on its way.
xoxo
Diane AKA the Rugged One

dorissau
Dec 30 2016, 11:33 AM
Thank you, thank you for the rapid response to the ship problems. This will make a big difference in the satisfaction of this new addition to our game!!!

mindyj5
Dec 30 2016, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the changes! I like being able to skip ports because then I don't have to annoy my neighbors who don't want to do ships. I don't mind losing some products to avoid bugging others. I'm really enjoying the ships