PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- December 1st, 2016

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

StoneFace
Dec 30 2016, 12:17 PM
At the other account.... all 30 ports responded.... and I unloaded the ship with over 1.4 million products.

happy sailor here.... but now I have to have a pattern for placing the ships in the order of their expected return....

9 containers.... 30 ports responded..... 1.1mll products ........ sweet

NooNoo
Dec 30 2016, 02:28 PM
Why only 10 neighbours can be replaced?
This still doesn''t address the problem that there are lots people who refuse point blank to have anything to do with ships unless we can replace all 30

BarbLH
Dec 30 2016, 02:38 PM
I just had a "ghost" ship in my port. My toolbox showed I had 1 ship but when I went to load it I got the message that there were no ships docked. I've had MANY ships that I've loaded today but this is the 1st one I've seen with this message since the fixes were released this AM.

Just had another one (12/30 3:48PM EST)

Also, I would personally prefer receiving a percentage of the products from the ships I load rather than coins. Wondering how others feel about this???

marymarcel
Dec 30 2016, 03:17 PM
I just had a "ghost" ship in my port. My toolbox showed I had 1 ship but when I went to load it I got the message that there were no ships docked. I've had MANY ships that I've loaded today but this is the 1st one I've seen with this message since the fixes were released this AM.

Just had another one (12/30 3:48PM EST)

Also, I would personally prefer receiving a percentage of the products from the ships I load rather than coins. Wondering how others feel about this???

Hi BarbLH:)

We emailed the developers about this to get some clarification.

Aussie Rae
Dec 30 2016, 03:57 PM
this has been on my mind.. don't really know why, lol, about the amount of goods we are getting back, originally I thought I got 513,296 from all 10 containers returning successfully from its maiden voyage, then read others were getting way more.. so happy I took a snip shot of the screen before I unloaded and have just added the numbers showing for each container... the total came to 487,932 and I added the 513, 296 which appeared on the screen as I unloaded.. very quickly, just had time to catch it.. assuming that is bonus products.. that brings the total to 1,001,228 goods.

carolann43
Dec 30 2016, 04:24 PM
Where is seaport manager?

Tiger
Dec 30 2016, 04:26 PM
Where is seaport manager?

Hi carolann,

Open your tool box and look in the far left column, when you hover your mouse over it, it looks like this >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameguide/Ships/Seaport Manager icon.png

carolann43
Dec 30 2016, 04:29 PM
Yes, i click on that and it's blank. Why are we allowed to send 1 ship in w 24 hr period?

mastermouse
Dec 30 2016, 04:39 PM
thank you sooo much for the changes to the ships. I can now skip ports and not have to pester anyone to advance my ship. Love this game!

BarbLH
Dec 30 2016, 04:57 PM
Hi BarbLH:)

We emailed the developers about this to get some clarification.

Thank you, marymarcel!

Tiger
Dec 30 2016, 05:02 PM
Yes, i click on that and it's blank. Why are we allowed to send 1 ship in w 24 hr period?

Hi carolann,

There will be a number in red on that icon when one of your friends ships is at your port for you to load products on. If there is no ship to be loaded you will see nothing in there.

How many ships that can be sent and when is just what the developers decided on.

Nightowl 1942
Dec 30 2016, 05:31 PM
It was stated from the beginning that the ships would be more challenging. That is why we use coins instead of FC to buy the ships. Personally I am loving the ships and know the devs will get ALL the glitches worked out asap.(they ALWAYS do) Doesnt everyone remember the glitches we had with the trains? Just saying! HAPPY FARMING EVERYONE and a HUGE THANK YOU, DEVS for all the time and effort you put into FT to make it such a fantastic game.

amanda1955
Dec 30 2016, 05:37 PM
thanks for the updates on the ships makes it a lot easier but I have noticed that my quests have mucked up am sure had at least 1 up but when looked today all days have gone but fri sat and sun so what I did before not showing, hope can be fixed oh and same in co ops although haven't finished any of those since new week but again only fri sat and sun only showing

Jdnelso
Dec 30 2016, 05:58 PM
Suggestion PLEASE
can we please please be able to send our ships to all of our friends who play FT like we can with the trains and sending gifts..... that way we dont have to keep hitting the same people all the time,,, and can share with more people ...

would also like my SN to be able to send any ships in my port along for me on the infrequent times I am not on ...

JNelson
Dec 30 2016, 06:03 PM
I know we get 500 coins for sending along ship (that really nothing) but I would like to suggest we be able to send a "thank you" to our friends who sent our ships along "if" our ship comes in before the 7 days ... the fast the ship comes in the greater value the thank you

Taz D
Dec 30 2016, 06:16 PM
I know we get 500 coins for sending along ship (that really nothing) but I would like to suggest we be able to send a "thank you" to our friends who sent our ships along "if" our ship comes in before the 7 days ... the fast the ship comes in the greater value the thank you
Hi JNelson,
You get 500 coins per container, not just 500 coins per ship.
If you have suggestions please put them in the Suggestions section.

Jdnelso
Dec 30 2016, 06:23 PM
Hi JNelson,
You get 500 coins per container, not just 500 coins per ship.
If you have suggestions please put them in the Suggestions section.

thanks for the correction that better but wont do a thing for us long timers as i have 100s of billions of coins ran out of stuff to spend on LOL product would have been more useful but i still send all ship along quickly love the new feature ...

will put suggestion in thanks

jeannine_p
Dec 30 2016, 08:44 PM
just have to say kudos to the devs for changing all the stuff on the ships we requested, and kudos to mods and forum helpers for dealing with all the fuss! that being said, i think the ships ROCK!!! its awesome to get all this product of stuff i am always out of. this was a fantastic idea, made better because it was coins, and made EVEN BETTER because you listen to players and then adjust accordingly. MANY THANKS ALL THE WAY AROUND!!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 30 2016, 09:10 PM
I think you make an xlent moderator!
I got your boat this morning and sent it happily on its way.
xoxo
Diane AKA the Rugged One

Thanks. :) I'm not a mod - just have been extremely bored the past few days AND love this game and communicating with folks in the forum. It's been an excellent combo.

You're MY Barbara??? The Pooh Bear Barbara? I see you in the Forum all the time but I didn't know Rugged Barbie was MY Barbie! LOL

Thanks for sending my ship along. :)

Farmer_Susan
Dec 30 2016, 09:17 PM
Why only 10 neighbours can be replaced?
This still doesn''t address the problem that there are lots people who refuse point blank to have anything to do with ships unless we can replace all 30

NooNoo, would more than 10 of those refusing-to-do-ships people be likely to show up on your list, though, i.e., would they have helped you with other things recently? I'm really thinking this may be the best of both worlds, i.e., I think we can do really WELL with most ships but we won't ALWAYS get perfect 30s. That keeps it interesting. If you win everytime, it loses its appeal after awhile.

Just my two cents. And one of the reasons it's nice NOT to be a mod because I can just throw out my opinion anytime I want. :)

Farmer_Susan
Dec 30 2016, 09:18 PM

Either? Both? I'm not greedy. Oh wait! Yes I am!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 30 2016, 09:21 PM
this has been on my mind.. don't really know why, lol, about the amount of goods we are getting back, originally I thought I got 513,296 from all 10 containers returning successfully from its maiden voyage, then read others were getting way more.. so happy I took a snip shot of the screen before I unloaded and have just added the numbers showing for each container... the total came to 487,932 and I added the 513, 296 which appeared on the screen as I unloaded.. very quickly, just had time to catch it.. assuming that is bonus products.. that brings the total to 1,001,228 goods.

Excellent! I'm wondering if it would be possible to have an actual breakdown of what we get each time and instead of having it as rolling text, make it stay put so we can look at it for awhile. We'd have to x out of it which might annoy some - but for now, at least, we all seem to be really interested in knowing exactly what we're getting. What do the rest of you think?

Taz D
Dec 30 2016, 11:12 PM
We have allowed a lot of leeway in this thread for the release of the cargo ships. Since the changes have been release that most wanted, please keep your posts strictly to questions or problems with any of the items in the release.
There is a Discussions thread in the General Feedback for the Cargo Ships and a Suggestion thread in the Suggestions section for Freight Trains and Cargo Ships.

StoneFace
Dec 31 2016, 07:40 AM
This issue has the potential to upset a LOT of players.

Did you know you could go to another's farm, click on one of their ships in transit, and see the log book.... and skip ports on THAT players game.

Found this just now by accident .....

I would not like someone else coming in and skipping ports on my ships !!

marymarcel
Dec 31 2016, 08:09 AM
This issue has the potential to upset a LOT of players.

Did you know you could go to another's farm, click on one of their ships in transit, and see the log book.... and skip ports on THAT players game.

Found this just now by accident .....

I would not like someone else coming in and skipping ports on my ships !!

Hi StoneFace:)

I just checked this with my husband.

He came to my farm and skipped a port in my brown ship, for him the port was skipped but when I reloaded the farm my ship is still in that port.

Anyway, we will let the developers know, thank you!

StoneFace
Dec 31 2016, 08:15 AM
you are most welcome.

Have the happiest of New Years in 2017. Thanks to you and fellow mods for all you do.

May all your ships be loaded with cargo, may they sail to every port successfully, and may the pirates of the high seas never board and plunder....

at least until Raul introduces pirates into the game... hehe

marymarcel
Dec 31 2016, 08:31 AM
you are most welcome.

Have the happiest of New Years in 2017. Thanks to you and fellow mods for all you do.

May all your ships be loaded with cargo, may they sail to every port successfully, and may the pirates of the high seas never board and plunder....

at least until Raul introduces pirates into the game... hehe

Happy New Year 2017 to you too!! :)

Alexandra_J
Dec 31 2016, 09:33 AM
Hi StoneFace:)

I just checked this with my husband.

He came to my farm and skipped a port in my brown ship, for him the port was skipped but when I reloaded the farm my ship is still in that port.

Anyway, we will let the developers know, thank you!

So you still saw the ship at that port? That's a good thing then right because even though your neighbour has been to your farm and went to your ship and skipped port it doesn't have any affect on losing money your end?? The reason why I asked this is because StoneFaces msg is going round facebook

marymarcel
Dec 31 2016, 09:37 AM
So you still saw the ship at that port? That's a good thing then right because even though your neighbour has been to your farm and went to your ship and skipped port it doesn't have any affect on losing money your end?? The reason why I asked this is because StoneFaces msg is going round facebook

Hi Cornish Lil Princess:)

And my brown ship is still in that port, after all this time. :)

SeniorCornwall
Dec 31 2016, 11:19 AM

I have tried this a few times on a relative's account. I, as a super neighbour, can go into all her ships and click on the options (dispatch, load, etc.). It seems to accept the selection, but once I leave and verify it - it has no affect on her trains.

Have not tried it on an account I am not a super neighbour though.

This is a good thing as someone would hate to have their trains worked on by anyone...

A suggestion would be to allow super neighbours this flexibility though....

JohnAlbertini
Dec 31 2016, 03:03 PM
Either? Both? I'm not greedy. Oh wait! Yes I am!

FC, FC, FC is what we need!!!!!!

Aussie Rae
Dec 31 2016, 04:10 PM
love the latest addition at the bottom of the first post, hanging out for the final one, where we can choose our own itinerary.. thats going to make a huge difference to a lot of us, and just want to say thank you to the developers and to the moderators on this site who continue to amaze us with their attitude under pressure! Well done everyone, and its already 2017 here in Australia, so HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

Joyinlife
Dec 31 2016, 05:12 PM
I would like a way to be notified when someone is at our port. Having to check all the time is a pain. Do I have to wait until a ship is in my port to help out?

Tiger
Dec 31 2016, 05:24 PM
I would like a way to be notified when someone is at our port. Having to check all the time is a pain. Do I have to wait until a ship is in my port to help out?

Hi Joyinlife,

Yes you need to wait until there is a ship in your port to be able to help. The only notification you get is in the game. A red number will appear on the tool box and the seaport manager when there is a ship at yours.

perryalexander
Dec 31 2016, 05:35 PM
My first ship just came back without making it to all ports and the return was disappointingly small. All that effort to load and to check and I get twice as much on full train with a fraction of the effort. Glad I stopped with the purchase of the second one.

A friend just wrote: "This whole ship thing is a real pain .... you end up with the same amount as a 10 car train, but have to work for hours to get it ....I may just put it all on hold until they revise it somehow."

Mine are going in to dry dock until Raul and crew can make it worth the effort. Farm Town is a fantastic program and a wonderful way to spend spare time. Looking forward to the next release!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 31 2016, 06:32 PM
New glitch for me: my quests just zeroed out. I'm seeing quite a few others report this on FB. Hope when it's fixed, our quests can be restored. I was fairly close to my 2 FC.

BamaMike
Dec 31 2016, 06:56 PM
New glitch for me: my quests just zeroed out. I'm seeing quite a few others report this on FB. Hope when it's fixed, our quests can be restored. I was fairly close to my 2 FC.

On mine the counter is not showing the quest that are completed, I just finished a quest and it flashed 0 and stayed on 0.

Taz D
Dec 31 2016, 07:01 PM

On mine the counter is not showing the quest that are completed, I just finished a quest and it flashed 0 and stayed on 0.
Email has been sent to the developers about this. Aussie Rae has reported hers are back, so hopefully it will correct itself soon.

Rugged Barbie
Dec 31 2016, 07:01 PM
I really need an 'opt out' opportunity.
The stress of these ship request needs is keeping me from even wanting to open my farm to work.
Please give me this option.
Thanks
Diane

Taz D
Dec 31 2016, 07:02 PM
My first ship just came back without making it to all ports and the return was disappointingly small. All that effort to load and to check and I get twice as much on full train with a fraction of the effort. Glad I stopped with the purchase of the second one.

A friend just wrote: "This whole ship thing is a real pain .... you end up with the same amount as a 10 car train, but have to work for hours to get it ....I may just put it all on hold until they revise it somehow."

Mine are going in to dry dock until Raul and crew can make it worth the effort. Farm Town is a fantastic program and a wonderful way to spend spare time. Looking forward to the next release!
Hi Perryalexander,
You actually get the amount a 19 car train would bring if you prepare all the containers. Some of the containers hold what 2 train cars do.

mcdaddie
Dec 31 2016, 07:16 PM

Perry, to you and your friend and countless others here in the forum that feels the amount of work required just to get the same as a full train. First of all, I agree it requires a lot of work and I am weighing my options on whether it justifies my time. But, I am also a train owner, and yes I can sit back on my laurels and wait for the train to come back (always full :) ) , but the difference is cost. To get a full ship of products cost a few coin (free) and yes a ton of work. For the train to bring back that much is 630 FC (excluding the engine). The reason for 630 FC is that the ship carries the same products as 18 different train freight cars. So the options are, FREE with a ton of work, 630 FC and sit back and relax, or do both if you are rich and a glutton for punishment. Anything else would be devaluating the money I spent on trains.

mcdaddie
Dec 31 2016, 07:20 PM
Hi Perryalexander,
You actually get the amount a 19 car train would bring if you prepare all the containers. Some of the containers hold what 2 train cars do.
Taz, FYI

I believe it is just 18 cars that are combined into the 10 containers. the 19th train car carries the actual animals, (cows, hens, etc.) and they are not part of the containers.

bayoubes
Dec 31 2016, 09:23 PM

Me too, Susan, usually I just get 1 but this time I was going to get two. Whats worst, I didn't notice it was 0 out till after I complete the 7th one and it didn't even count it, it's like the counter isn't working. Rat, happy new year to us, huh!

earlgray
Dec 31 2016, 09:37 PM

Either I'm losing my marbles (a distinct possibility), or my completed co-op quests suddenly disappeared. I think I had 11 completed, and with my latest two was likely to get 2 FC. :(

Taz D
Dec 31 2016, 09:39 PM
Me too, Susan, usually I just get 1 but this time I was going to get two. Whats worst, I didn't notice it was 0 out till after I complete the 7th one and it didn't even count it, it's like the counter isn't working. Rat, happy new year to us, huh!

Either I'm losing my marbles (a distinct possibility), or my completed co-op quests suddenly disappeared. I think I had 11 completed, and with my latest two was likely to get 2 FC. :(
We have sent an email to the developers about this problem. Please be patient until they can find the problem and fix it.

boduke66
Dec 31 2016, 10:12 PM
Not only is my current quests gone both cooperative and regular,but so is the days.its saying to try back in 2 days,thing is i just earned my farmcash for both quests on the 27th,which means it shouldn't expire until this Tuesday,weird to say the least lol.:confused:

storm36
Dec 31 2016, 10:14 PM
i have the same quest glitch as well as the chat window stuck in the open position when i enter my farm .. nobody else is there and i have to manually click the chat button to get it to close so i can see my neighbor bar

slimpat
Dec 31 2016, 10:20 PM
I just went to my quest and I have also lost everything sure hope it gets straightened out and we get it all back or compensated for lost things:(

Taz D
Dec 31 2016, 10:22 PM
Not only is my current quests gone both cooperative and regular,but so is the days.its saying to try back in 2 days,thing is i just earned my farmcash for both quests on the 27th,which means it shouldn't expire until this Tuesday,weird to say the least lol.:confused:

i have the same quest glitch as well as the chat window stuck in the open position when i enter my farm .. nobody else is there and i have to manually click the chat button to get it to close so i can see my neighbor bar

I just went to my quest and I have also lost everything sure hope it gets straightened out and we get it all back or compensated for lost things:(
We have sent an email to the developers about this problem. Please be patient until they can find the problem and fix it.

StoneFace
Dec 31 2016, 10:37 PM
Hi Perryalexander,

10 containers + 30 ports = 1.4+million products for me

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

boduke66
Dec 31 2016, 11:44 PM
Just fyi the neighborhood chains contest is messed up too,it says 368 days left,lol oy vey.

mcdaddie
Dec 31 2016, 11:57 PM
I am thinking we are experiencing Y2K 2.0

Begonia Wildwind
Jan 01 2017, 12:22 AM

Mine are all zeroed out as well, and I was waiting for just one to finish in order to collect my 2 FC... Now that I think back, tho, didn't this same thing happen last year at this time? Or is that my imagination working overtime? :confused: Sorry, I didn't see that it had already been reported to Dev...

Stu3
Jan 01 2017, 06:01 AM
Seems the games been Screwed since yesterday dunno what happened but isnt it time for new Facilities? as this was Dec 1st Release.

Clohar
Jan 01 2017, 07:16 AM
Seems the games been Screwed since yesterday dunno what happened but isnt it time for new Facilities? as this was Dec 1st Release.

Before releasing something new I think it would be preferable to solve the actual problem with the Neighbour Chain game and the regular and Coop Quests as for those last two some friends are still experiencing a zero as amount complete even if they had the maximum requires or so

Farmer_Susan
Jan 01 2017, 07:27 AM
My quests are back - seem to be right where I left them. Still #7 on the NCC. THAT one could have come back different! LOL

Farmer_Susan
Jan 01 2017, 07:30 AM
Spoke too soon - my quest cube keeps turning that bright blue when there's a new NCC. I still think the numbers are right, though - just the cube isn't sure what it's doing.

I also think it's POSSIBLE that I lost one regular quest. I couldn't swear to it, though. It won't mess me up - I can still meet my goal. Just trying to report accurately. I do think my CC and NCC numbers are right.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 01 2017, 08:17 AM
This may be another new issue - I'm not sure where the bug might be so I'll list all the steps:

1. I hired someone to do everything at all farms
2. I noticed they had missed stuff in farm #5 - like one crop field that was right out in the middle - hard to see how they would have missed it
3. I cleaned up farm #5 - nothing left to do on it
4. Went back to the Marketplace to hire again (first worker left or got booted)
5. Refreshed so I'd only have farms that had stuff on it
6. I didn't notice but the new worker was sent to farm #5, even though I had just cleared it.

Well, heck. Now my first worker is back so I have 2 people on my farm. Hate it when that happens. I had done the "refresh user" thing several times and the first user didn't appear.

WillowTreeFarm
Jan 01 2017, 08:48 AM
I just want to report that both of my quests worked fine, I got my 2 FC on both this morning. My neighbor chain contest shows 368 days to go though, so that is goofed up. WF 3.

bjyhey3
Jan 01 2017, 09:34 AM
My quests are back to where they were...Thank You

Dr. Dirt
Jan 01 2017, 09:39 AM
Shouldn't all the reports about the quest problems be in the help and support section under quests?

dianedrayson
Jan 01 2017, 10:18 AM
First, I want to say thank you to the developers for the cargo ships. I think they were a great idea. Those who don't have enough farm cash to buy the trains can now get extra products just by working hard. That's good for the game.

On a personal note, I have bought three ships and tried them out but probably won't play. My health is poor and I don't want to be stuck at the computer starting a new container every hour. I would find it a bit too stressful to have that constant time watching. I don't play much so I don't need the products. I keep to the aspects of the game that are fun. I also like a challenge but I can't see anything really challenging in this, once I've worked out the system. I will continue to click on other people's ships, of course.

Once again, though, thank you to the developers for the idea and for taking so many comments onboard and making changes.

jeannine_p
Jan 01 2017, 10:28 AM
quests are still not working, just started a final step for reg quest, had plenty of room left to start the final step, it showed it started it. once i closed quest manager and went back into it, that final step was not started again. this is the farm having the issues. thanks mods and devs

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100004028010109&farm_ix=0

jeannine_p
Jan 01 2017, 10:32 AM
quests are still not working, just started a final step for reg quest, had plenty of room left to start the final step, it showed it started it. once i closed quest manager and went back into it, that final step was not started again. this is the farm having the issues. thanks mods and devs

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100004028010109&farm_ix=0

just went to try it again, and now it works. never mind. ncc still showing 368 days left tho, and none of my quest numbers have come back

Farmer_Susan
Jan 01 2017, 10:32 AM
Shouldn't all the reports about the quest problems be in the help and support section under quests?

My sense was that the latest ships update caused the quest issue so maybe more helpful here? Who knows, though? Not me! LOL

Franny2
Jan 01 2017, 02:11 PM
Just fyi the neighborhood chains contest is messed up too,it says 368 days left,lol oy vey.
LOL, I just noticed the 368 days! Anyway, my quests have been restored; so, I guess we just wait it all out.

Dulcinea
Jan 01 2017, 02:37 PM
Post-Release Updates - December 31, 4:30PM

- Better accuracy for the red circle counter in the Tool Box icon, it was not adjusting on skipped ports.
- When novice players go into the Seaport Manager and click only once in the ship, without knowing that she needs to continue clicking until the ship is fully loaded, when she closes the Seaport Manager we will show a message box explaining that you need to continue clicking until the ship disappear from the view.
- You will now see all ships in your port, even the expired ships (ships returning home because 7 days have passed), which will show highlighted in pink, this way the red circle counter will be even more accurate. These ships will require only one click, to hide them.
- There is now a blue button for each ship in the Seaport Manager showing the kind of relationship you have with the owner of that ship: neighbour/buddy/friend/non-friend, you can click on that button to visit the ships owner farm.

Thanks for the update, especially the notice to new cargo ship players and the ability to visit a ship's owner farm. :)

Amber Leigh
Jan 01 2017, 03:18 PM
I have an issue with the latest update. I designed various farms utilizing growing but frozen flowers. Now, my frozen growing flowers are see through --- transparent. I'd like to see those flowers return to their previous solid state to continue use as a design feature!

Thank you :)

marymarcel
Jan 01 2017, 03:39 PM
Hi all:)

From Raul notes for the New Release

Known Issues:

- The Neighborhood Chains Contest is showing an incorrect number for the number of days remaining in the contest. This will be solved on Tuesday.

marymarcel
Jan 01 2017, 05:38 PM
I have an issue with the latest update. I designed various farms utilizing growing but frozen flowers. Now, my frozen growing flowers are see through --- transparent. I'd like to see those flowers return to their previous solid state to continue use as a design feature!

Thank you :)

Hi Amber Leigh:)

Please contact Support team about this problem to let them check what is happening to your flowers. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

Patricia (all big tools)
Jan 01 2017, 06:40 PM
I have all 7 ships but i have never launched the blue one. Please eliminate the 24 hour waiting period between ship launches. I have several ships just sitting in port that i can't launch becuase of this restriction. I'm sure others are frustrated as well. I can understand not being able to launch another ship until one is full and launched but the one every 24 hours deters me from participating as much as I would if it were possible to launch when available.

Taz D
Jan 01 2017, 06:53 PM
I have all 7 ships but i have never launched the blue one. Please eliminate the 24 hour waiting period between ship launches. I have several ships just sitting in port that i can't launch becuase of this restriction. I'm sure others are frustrated as well. I can understand not being able to launch another ship until one is full and launched but the one every 24 hours deters me from participating as much as I would if it were possible to launch when available.
Hi Patricia,
Please post any suggestions in the Suggestion section. You cannot start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

Rugged Barbie
Jan 01 2017, 10:00 PM
Please give me an Opt Out
Please at least allow us to go to our tool box and ship manager while working on someone else's farm. The way it is, it demands we return to our farm to send a boat along. This is xtremely inconvenient and demanding.
There's no reason why we have to keep going back to our farm to send a friend's ship onward.
The final coin amount showing after all that ship clicking, is that in addition to the coins before it or the total. Whatever amount, it's not hardly enough for all the hassle involved.
xoxo
Barbie getting more rugged with each click

Taz D
Jan 01 2017, 10:11 PM
Please at least allow us to go to our tool box and ship manager while working on someone else's farm. The way it is, it demands we return to our farm to send a boat along. This is xtremely inconvenient and demanding.
There's no reason why we have to keep going back to our farm to send a friend's ship onward.
The final coin amount showing after all that ship clicking, is that in addition to the coins before it or the total. Whatever amount, it's not hardly enough for all the hassle involved.
xoxo
Hi Rugged Barbie,
Please put your suggestion in the Suggestions section.

Aussie Rae
Jan 01 2017, 10:54 PM
I was so excited when we got the ships..but now am totally over them.. will be putting them in storage or perhaps selling them back to the Mayor.. this has been a horrible experience so far... :(
Update.. all back home, all emptied.. not much in them.. so into storage for now.

justmecookin
Jan 02 2017, 01:35 AM
Mine are all in storage. I love them but I am still having problems with them being stuck on Port Unknown. I have no such person. Of course it was on my last port so couldnt skip. They need time to get things sorted then I will bring them out and try again

Jean's Farm
Jan 02 2017, 06:34 AM
xoxo

I am going to continue to play the game as I always have. If I am doing something else when a ship arrives in my port and I cannot get it from where and what I am doing......the ship is going to sit there till I get to it.

This is silly how panicked people are about these ships. Even I have been checking my farm more than normal. NO MORE!!! Just play the game like you always do. :)

Farmer_Susan
Jan 02 2017, 11:16 AM
I'm still having trouble highlighting ships. It seemed to get better for a few days so I thought it was fixed but this morning has been awful. I gave up trying to highlight my brown ship on Chrome so I could load the next container. I switched to my iPhone and finally was able to do it on Puffin, but it took about 30+ clicks on the brown ship before I finally got the contextual menu and could do the work I needed to do. I checked in Firefox - that browser may work a LITTLE better, but still, it's really hard to find the sweet spot on my brown ship. I wish I had more info about when it's ok and when it's not, but I don't. One thing I'm doing is moving the ship I'm working on out into open waters each day so I know which one to fill. So maybe there's one spot on my farm that doesn't work well. I'm trying to put them in about the same place each day but that's obviously not an exact method. Once they're in the "no-hover zone", it's doubly frustrating because since I can't get them to hover, I also can't move them. My cursor won't highlight them, nor do the green or yellow hands.

I cleared my cache on both FF and Chrome - also did the memcache. At first I thought that might have fixed it because I could highlight the brown ship first try. But after that, it's now back to the no-highlight zone.

Tom C
Jan 02 2017, 11:26 AM
I had my ships hanging off the bottom of my farm when i was doing them, and was able to high light them around the back with no problem. Moved them on to the farm when I quit ships and set them on fire, still at the bottom of the farm and still no problem high lighting them.

Stu3
Jan 02 2017, 12:36 PM

They also want to remove this stupid idea of 1 Container prep at a time i mean how many Players do they think don't work and earn a living. the stupidity of 1 every 45-60 mins fair enough the reset if not sent in 24 hours however these other silly restrictions i can see why some have refused to do boats we have better things to do than sit playing a game for 7.5-10 hours straight per day just to load silly containers the ships was a good idea but silly restrictions is screwing this game up as it has in the past and the Screw up thats occurred ever since 12/29/16 well this needs to be undone ships are not going anywhere or just Failing due to people refusing to take part. (and 3 skips at this rate they need 30 skips with full loads given at each post (without interaction from others)

Tom C
Jan 02 2017, 12:46 PM
The one every 24 hours did not bother me. It is the time it takes to prepare a ship, and yes I know I can just do a couple of containers. I did enjoy the ships when they first came out, prepare all containers in and hour and sent them out, was excited to see the ships in my port and send them on. Then the change Saturday night and now I am not happy with them. As my ships come in they are going in to storage where they will probably stay for ever.

beverduster
Jan 02 2017, 12:55 PM
i dont understand all the squabbling about the ships, i got all 7 and always have 1 sittin in my port, for crying out loud, what you get back dont cost you or the person that your ship docks at, i have no problem with the ships, ill just be glad when they come out with the farm cash ships, ill get all of them too, im waitin on the new release, i need another farm

Dr. Dirt
Jan 02 2017, 01:12 PM
Putting mine in storage until they find some other way to prepare containers. I don't like being tied down to checking in that often. I will click on others ships as they come in as that doesn't take so long and doesn't really tie me down. :)

perryalexander
Jan 02 2017, 01:29 PM
Time to close this thread and move on. I am getting sea sick!!! Anxiously awaiting a new release and a new farm.

JohnAlbertini
Jan 02 2017, 01:32 PM
Just wondering what the prospect is for the next update. It has been 32 days now since the last one on Dec. 1st.

jeannine_p
Jan 02 2017, 02:07 PM
Just wondering what the prospect is for the next update. It has been 32 days now since the last one on Dec. 1st.

almost every where is observing the new years holiday today, so im sure the devs get the day off too.

StoneFace
Jan 02 2017, 02:50 PM
First.... I like the ships.

I have filled all 10 containers on some, and 7 or 8 on some others.... no big deal.

I let one ship go beyond the 24 hours and had to start over..... no big deal.

Fuel is not an issue ( I still have about 290 million fuels).... no big deal.

A ship returning with 10 containers and successful stops at 30 ports unloads 1.4million products.... that's a big deal since I only paid coin once for the ship.

so

I will continue to advance any and all ships docked at my port. Takes less time to do that than it does to go from one farm to another. And 5,000 coin for a full ship is quick ca$h for 2-3 seconds work.

Like another poster, I will buy future FC enhancements to the Cargo Ships.

I don't have the goal of just acquiring exp points etc. I post often, not daily. And I respect the views and goals of any and all other players.... that is the beauty of the game - to each his own.

I used to do quests, and still have a very nice Quest Farm that I will return to .... some day (if my ship comes in).

If you like the ships, play and enjoy and help others who come to your port.
If you don't like the ships, ignore that part of the game, but please at least take a few SECONDS to advance a neighbors ship.

:cool:

Petuniaflower
Jan 02 2017, 03:22 PM
First.... I like the ships.

I have filled all 10 containers on some, and 7 or 8 on some others.... no big deal.

I let one ship go beyond the 24 hours and had to start over..... no big deal.

Fuel is not an issue ( I still have about 290 million fuels).... no big deal.

A ship returning with 10 containers and successful stops at 30 ports unloads 1.4million products.... that's a big deal since I only paid coin once for the ship.

so

I will continue to advance any and all ships docked at my port. Takes less time to do that than it does to go from one farm to another. And 5,000 coin for a full ship is quick ca$h for 2-3 seconds work.

Like another poster, I will buy future FC enhancements to the Cargo Ships.

I don't have the goal of just acquiring exp points etc. I post often, not daily. And I respect the views and goals of any and all other players.... that is the beauty of the game - to each his own.

I used to do quests, and still have a very nice Quest Farm that I will return to .... some day (if my ship comes in).

If you like the ships, play and enjoy and help others who come to your port.
If you don't like the ships, ignore that part of the game, but please at least take a few SECONDS to advance a neighbors ship.

:cool:

Amen I have neighbors in Australia, the UK, and Germany, and France.When I am a sleep, they are awake and vise versa. I have skipped ,going on to the next,if it has been a good while,but I try my best to send neighbors ships on. If not quickly,may be I am asleep.

earlgray
Jan 02 2017, 04:47 PM
I'm still having trouble highlighting ships. It seemed to get better for a few days so I thought it was fixed but this morning has been awful. I gave up trying to highlight my brown ship on Chrome so I could load the next container. I switched to my iPhone and finally was able to do it on Puffin, but it took about 30+ clicks on the brown ship before I finally got the contextual menu and could do the work I needed to do. I checked in Firefox - that browser may work a LITTLE better, but still, it's really hard to find the sweet spot on my brown ship. I wish I had more info about when it's ok and when it's not, but I don't. One thing I'm doing is moving the ship I'm working on out into open waters each day so I know which one to fill. So maybe there's one spot on my farm that doesn't work well. I'm trying to put them in about the same place each day but that's obviously not an exact method. Once they're in the "no-hover zone", it's doubly frustrating because since I can't get them to hover, I also can't move them. My cursor won't highlight them, nor do the green or yellow hands.

I cleared my cache on both FF and Chrome - also did the memcache. At first I thought that might have fixed it because I could highlight the brown ship first try. But after that, it's now back to the no-highlight zone.

I also use Chrome and have not had a problem selecting my ship. I have just one, which I hung off the upper right edge behind a bunch of snow hills. So I have to use the magnifying glass to search for it (it will be nice when we can get to the ships from the seaport manager), but once I've done that I have no problem selecting it.

mlrobards
Jan 02 2017, 06:22 PM
:confused:There's a new problem I am having with ship ( Yellow ) containers, the Food container specifically. When preparing my ship, that was the first container I prepared. After doing 3 more containers..the Food container went back to 0. So I did it again, would not even close that window until the 45 minutes had passed...Got back to 100%. Then dispatched ship...I go and look ....the Food container isn't included amongst the containers on ship. I really need the cheese.

Taz D
Jan 02 2017, 06:35 PM
:confused:There's a new problem I am having with ship ( Yellow ) containers, the Food container specifically. When preparing my ship, that was the first container I prepared. After doing 3 more containers..the Food container went back to 0. So I did it again, would not even close that window until the 45 minutes had passed...Got back to 100%. Then dispatched ship...I go and look ....the Food container isn't included amongst the containers on ship. I really need the cheese.
Hi mlrobards,
There isn't any way we can add the container back in for you. P)lease check your date/time for your computer and make sure it is correct. If those are off you can get all kinds of strange things happening.
Also please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

I don't think the clearing will bring back the container, but may prevent this from happening again.

mlrobards
Jan 02 2017, 06:50 PM
Not wanting it added to this ship. Just want it to work for next ship is all. I cleaned everything.

Added: Time in sync on pc.

Alexandra_J
Jan 02 2017, 06:53 PM
When you buddies can help with the ship, does that mean strangers from the market you add as buddies or facebook friends/neighbours that you also added as a buddy just curious.

max_river
Jan 02 2017, 06:54 PM
loving the ships no issue here

Taz D
Jan 02 2017, 06:57 PM
When you buddies can help with the ship, does that mean strangers from the market you add as buddies or facebook friends/neighbours that you also added as a buddy just curious.
Hi Cornish Lil Princess,
That is the way I read it. The blue button under their picture will tell you what their relationship is with you.

Alexandra_J
Jan 02 2017, 07:01 PM
Hi Cornish Lil Princess,
That is the way I read it. The blue button under their picture will tell you what their relationship is with you.

So only face book friends that are already as a buddy can only help you not strangers from the market you add as buddies. Ok the reason why I ask is because a person seems to think anyone we add as buddies including strangers can help with ships. Thanks so much.

Taz D
Jan 02 2017, 07:14 PM
So only face book friends that are already as a buddy can only help you not strangers from the market you add as buddies. Ok the reason why I ask is because a person seems to think anyone we add as buddies including strangers can help with ships. Thanks so much.
Hi Cornish Lil Princess,
That is not what I said. I don't know as I don't have any buddies. To me it would be anyone you add as a buddy, but I can't verify that. The only way to know for sure is to add one from the market and see, though even if you add them does not guarantee that they will send a ship to your port.

max_river
Jan 02 2017, 07:28 PM
we must be getting a up date soon because the store is giving me issue nothing showing up this always happen when we getting up date. anyone else having this issue

Aussie Rae
Jan 02 2017, 08:57 PM
we must be getting a up date soon because the store is giving me issue nothing showing up this always happen when we getting up date. anyone else having this issue

all is normal in my store, just looked.

Ellsinore
Jan 02 2017, 11:34 PM
After a little evaluation, the new ships don't seem to be a great addition to the game. There are a lot of features that are time intensive, but if you don't want to participate, it's all good. In this case, however, the time required is staggering just to load the ships. Okay, so don't bother with ships. BUT . . .

This is about the only game feature I can think of at this point that non-participation greatly influences your friends, neighbors, and apparently total strangers.

I've been trying to check for ships in ports when I can -- which means when I think about it -- usually two or three times a day. Usually, there aren't any, or maybe one. Tonight when I got home from work, I had a message from someone that their ship was in my port, could I take care of that? I also had five ships -- one of which showed it had been there 15 hours, so it should have been there when I checked it before I left home.

I told the one who sent the message that, in future, when the it's possible, she should probably just remove me from her ports list as I am not able to keep watch on my ports all day. And I also sleep.

Unfortunately, this feature seems to require pretty much constant babysitting of the farm to make sure you can get to the ships in a timely manner. And even with that, the one that had been there 15 hours didn't show up.

Is there any conversation about revising how this works so we can "opt-out" as a port? If we don't have any ships, will we be removed as a port? I could do that.

Otherwise, I love the game, though I can't play as often as I like. I always look forward to the new releases, this one included -- with the one exception. :-)

FarmerWitch
Jan 03 2017, 01:24 AM
Regretfully, I too find the Ships far too labour intensive and will not e sending them out again. They will remain as decorations on the 'Harbour Farm" that I created for them when they first came out. I will send off any Ships that call at my port though

karenbooysens1
Jan 03 2017, 11:43 AM
Now for over 5 hours it tells me i got less than a min before i can prepare my next Ship. So cannot send any more ships out. I agree. This is the worst feature they added to the game. No one can log in every hour for the next 10 hours to prepare a ship to send out. :(

marymarcel
Jan 03 2017, 11:56 AM
Now for over 5 hours it tells me i got less than a min before i can prepare my next Ship. So cannot send any more ships out. I agree. This is the worst feature they added to the game. No one can log in every hour for the next 10 hours to prepare a ship to send out. :(

Hi karenbooysens1:)

Please check your date (day, month and year) and time in your computer to verify they are all correct.

Also try clearing your memcache (link below), a new window will open with a list of unsettings and numbers, that means your game memory is cleared. Close that window and the farm if it was opened during the clearing. Then reopen your farms.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

If nothing works for you then please contact Support team. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

RFMad
Jan 03 2017, 07:56 PM
I've noticed today that I'm not getting notices in my tool box when I get a ship in like I've had before. If I don't click on the ship manager, I don't know there's a ship in. Can this be fixed? Thanks!

artbee
Jan 04 2017, 01:56 AM
I don't mind the ships. I have 2 I just selected the ones I would most like. It be good if you could selected what juice you want so if you have an ice cream parlour you can have cranberry juice

artbee
Jan 04 2017, 02:02 AM
The ships return on it own it just takes some days. I can get juice which I don't have at my farm. or other things that cheaper.

LazyMare
Jan 04 2017, 02:06 AM
I don't mind the ships. I have 2 I just selected the ones I would most like. It be good if you could selected what juice you want so if you have an ice cream parlour you can have cranberry juice

Hi Artbee
I just dived off to find you the list of products cranberry juice is used in before realising you were talking about the ship containers :)
Please post suggestions in the suggestions section
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

StoneFace
Jan 04 2017, 11:39 AM
I have never had so many pop ups asking me to either WAIT or to KILL the page I was on.... FT.

Perhaps something is brewing for any changes to the Cargo Ships.??

:confused:

thehufarm
Jan 04 2017, 12:14 PM
You posted: Known Issues:

- The Neighborhood Chains Contest is showing an incorrect number for the number of days remaining in the contest. This will be solved on Tuesday.

It's Wednesday and my contest still says 365 days to go. Will the week challenge end tonight or continue?

Jean's Farm
Jan 04 2017, 01:44 PM
Re: the ships.....I didn't have enough time to fill it totally without loosing it all and having to start over.....so I dispatched it. Then went to start filling my other ship and.........I have to wait till the 24 hour load time on the first ship is over???????? I dispatched the first ship.....I should not have to wait to start the next!!! :)

clogger
Jan 04 2017, 02:20 PM
This morning I looked at ships which were out. One had 4 days left, or X number of ports. The other had 3 days or Y number of ports.
This afternoon when I looked to load another ship, both of the first two said they were at my port and I had to wait 24 hrs to load them. I thought when they got back I'd get an "Unload" bottom, like for the trains. Are the items just magically unloaded to my storage without me doing anything?
I am surprised all those neighbors were online and so prompt to load it, but that part is great. I was just surprised the ships were ready to start again without me unloading them, or seeing how many items I got.

Taz D
Jan 04 2017, 02:45 PM
This morning I looked at ships which were out. One had 4 days left, or X number of ports. The other had 3 days or Y number of ports.
This afternoon when I looked to load another ship, both of the first two said they were at my port and I had to wait 24 hrs to load them. I thought when they got back I'd get an "Unload" bottom, like for the trains. Are the items just magically unloaded to my storage without me doing anything?
I am surprised all those neighbors were online and so prompt to load it, but that part is great. I was just surprised the ships were ready to start again without me unloading them, or seeing how many items I got.
Hi Clogger,
You should hae gotten an unload button. They do not unload automatically.

clogger
Jan 04 2017, 03:08 PM
That is what I expected, an Unload Button. But did not have anything in Ship's Containers nor Ship Logbook. I have another one out so will see what happens with it. It is only on the third port, so has a while to go.

Taz D
Jan 04 2017, 03:54 PM
That is what I expected, an Unload Button. But did not have anything in Ship's Containers nor Ship Logbook. I have another one out so will see what happens with it. It is only on the third port, so has a while to go.
Hi Clogger,
Please report this to Support as we do not have any way to access the ship data yet. Here is the link if you need it:

JuliaK
Jan 04 2017, 04:44 PM
hi all, have been reading the posts in the forum about the set up of the ships... the only negative I can see is the ships are way too labour intensive... Farmtown is a game and yes some players have the time to spend but there a lot who have jobs or other commitments and cannot keep coming back every 46 - 60 minutes to prepare a ship and then when finished have to wait another 24 hours.. that is just being a tad ridiculous!! why can't the ships run on the same principle as the trains??? I for one have some of my ships out but when they come back I will be putting them into storage and only working 1 or maybe 2 ships...I will of course load my neighbours and friends ships that come into my port. Come on Devs, we all know you do a great job but the ships are totally inappropriate in their set up and me thinks you need to go back to keep it simple... cheers and happy farming!!!

Tom C
Jan 04 2017, 05:00 PM
Oh it will be simple when the farm cash tools come out to prepare them faster and more than one ship per day.

lornagayle
Jan 04 2017, 05:03 PM
I hope they put an opt out feature in soon, I see all over the facebook groups of people dropping and blocking neighbors who do not want to play, I do play the ships and like them, and really hope my friends wont be blocking me and dropping me as friends because of the ships, as i do the quests as well, and think there should be room in farmtown for all my friends .

max_river
Jan 04 2017, 05:28 PM
I love the ships i have not had any issues. pls do not make them to easy i like the chalnge of ships. people are stressing out to much on getting them full.. just do what you can and then send them out.. it is worth it.. and they only are spending coins i could understand if you spent farm cash.. so stop stressing out about and enjoy the game

marymarcel
Jan 04 2017, 05:28 PM
Hi all:)

From Raul notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - January 4th, 6:00PM

-Bugfix: The Neighborhood Chains Contest is showing an incorrect number for the number of days remaining in the contest.
-Bugfix: Sometimes when preparing containers, a -1% appeared in the progress bar for some users.

amanda1955
Jan 04 2017, 07:57 PM
I hope choosing neighbours is still coming as one person have had to skip twice and now she is on 30 not gappy but will be removing her as soon as tbat ship comes back, just so time consuming

amanda1955
Jan 04 2017, 08:05 PM
Sorry about mistakes stupid thing won't let me fix it grrrrr

Judy Cowan
Jan 04 2017, 09:22 PM
(Removed name)
46 mins ·
just so u know some ports that my ship docks at just sit there. if u r going to play the GAME THEN CLICK ON THE SHIP'S IN A TIMELY MANNER AND QUIT LOLLY GAGGING AROUND. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR OR BETTER YET DON'T DO THE SHIPS.

THANKS TO THE SHIPS THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING..!!! DOES IT MAKE ME WANT TO DO THEM I THINK NOT... THIS IS ONLY ONE EXAMPLE!!!!:eek:

beverduster
Jan 04 2017, 11:01 PM
i like the ships, it took me a week to get all 7 out and now i have 4 empty ships in my dock and it will take me 4 days to get them back out, it would be nice if we could send them back out after they come in

Taz D
Jan 05 2017, 12:02 AM
Hi all,
I am now closing this thread. Thank you so much to all of you for your feedback and questions.

While we wait for the New Release please feel free to post any problems in Help & Support (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1), any feedback in General Feedback (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186) and your ideas in our Suggestion section. (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)