PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- December 1st, 2016

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Raul
Dec 01 2016, 08:53 PM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on January 5th, 11:30PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: EN ESPAÑOL AQUI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626138)
En français ICI (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626258)

1. 53 Holiday Items: All in coins, 2 cars covered with snow in the Winter Category, 35 Christmas items at the top of the Holiday Category, 10 at the bottom and 6 as Gifts.

Also, The Glacier farm cash decoration was reduced from 30 to 15 farmcash.

2. 25 New Levels. 25 new items, all in coins, in the Buildings, Motion, Other, Farm Decor and Fun categories in the store. Max level is now 800.

3. Last 5 expansions for Farm 31: See prices below:

34x34 - 17500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
36x36 - 18000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
38x38 - 18500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
40x40 - 19000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
42x42 - 20000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

4. Log Truck with Chainsaw 24 x 24 (FC): This new Log Truck with Chainsaw chop up to 576 trees in one click.

5. Fishing Turbo Boat 24 x 24 (FC): This new Turbo Boat catch all fish in all water items in a squared area the size of 6x6 plow fields. This tool is especially useful for fishing up to 576 overlapped water items at once.

6. Other minor Improvements:

a) BugFix: On Irrigated farms, freezing a fully grown flower didn't remained fully grown after a reload of the game
b) BugFix: Intermittent X025 errors when opening the Facility Manager

7. Cargo Ships: A Cargo Ship will allow you to collect products by visiting up to 30 Ports, located on your neighbours farms. Here is the information on this new functionality:

- You will be able to buy up to 7 Cargo Ships, located in the Trains/Ships category, all in coins, although it's possible that in the future we release additional farm cash Ships or Tools. To buy each Ship you will have to have a certain number of neighbours. You can buy more than one ship of the same color, for decoration, however only one will carry products. Here are the 7 ships with the levels and neighbours required:

Cargo Ship Blue, level 100, requires 10 neighbours
Cargo Ship Orange, level 200, requires 15 neighbours
Cargo Ship Green, level 300, requires 20 neighbours
Cargo Ship Purple, level 400, requires 25 neighbours
Cargo Ship Brown, level 500, requires 30 neighbours
Cargo Ship Pink, level 600, requires 35 neighbours
Cargo Ship Yellow, level 700, requires 40 neighbours

- To Dispatch a Ship first you have to Prepare the Ship for sailing.

- Preparing a Ship means to prepare each of the containers it will carry. There are a total of 10 containers which are already part of the Ship, no need to buy them in the Store. Each container brings a different selection of products. You can only prepare one container at a time. The preparation time for each container can vary from 45 to 60 minutes, depending of the type of Ship being prepared.

- You have a maximum of 24 hours to prepare as many containers as you can and then Dispatch the Ship. If 24 hours have passed after you started the preparation of the Ship and you don't Dispatch the Ship in that timeframe, you will have to start the Preparation phase all over again. So when starting the Preparation of each container, you will not only need to decide which container to prepare based on the products it brings, but also whether you think you will be able to Dispatch the Ship on time.

- You can Prepare only one Ship in a 24 hour period.

- Once the Ship is Dispatched, the Mayor will assign an itinerary to that Ship consisting of the 30 most recently-active neighbours you have. Each of those neighbours will have a Port. Your Ship will visit the Port of your most recently-active neighbour first, and the Port of your least recently-active neighbour last. The Ship will remain on each Port until the neighbour work on it by Loading it with products using the Seaport Manager tool. After that, it will sail automatically to the next Port in the itinerary. The products loaded will not come from the neighbour inventory, but from the Mayor. A Dispatched ship by default will appear semi-transparent in the farm, but unlike the trains, it can be freely moved around the farm like any other item.

- The amount of products Loaded on the Ship at each Port increases with each additional Port visited. As the Ship sails from Port to Port it will be more difficult for you to get that particular neighbour to Load your Ship and send it to the next port, because those neighbours that are farther away in your Ship's itinerary are the ones that play less frequently, and therefore are less active. However when one of those less active neighbours do Load your Ship, the amount of Loaded Products will be higher.

- The Ship will return to its home Port after all the neighbours' Ports in the itinerary have been visited or 7 days have passed since you started the Preparation of the Ship. Then you will be able to Unload the Ship and all the carried Products will be added to your Storage.

- A fully Prepared Ship carrying the 10 containers, which also completes the full voyage throughout the 30 Ports, will bring the same amount of Products as a fully loaded Train that includes all the Freight Cars, however this will be extremely difficult to achieve, so owning the trains will still be a significant advantage because with the trains, the effort and time required is very little. With the Ships, you don't have to spend farm cash, but the effort and time required will be much higher. If you play 1 or 2 hours a day you will be able to prepare 2 or 3 containers per Ship, if you have few active neighbours, the Ship will not travel far and will bring fewer products.

- This functionality will have two Management Screens: the Ship Manager and the Seaport Manager.

a) To show the Ship Manager for each Ship, click on it and select Show Ship Details. On the first Tab you will be able to Prepare, Dispatch and Unload your Ship. In the second Tab you will see the itinerary of the Ship, including the order of each neighbour Port to visit.

b) To show the Seaport Manager, open the Tool Box and click on the Seaport Manager icon. From there you will be able to see all your neighbours Ships docked at your Port, waiting for you to Load all their containers with products. Every container will require a number of clicks to be fully loaded, this can vary from 1 click to 10 clicks, and is based on how far the ship has traveled in the itinerary.

- The fuel consumption when you Dispatch a Ship is calculated with this formula: number of containers * 20 * port count in the itinerary. So if you prepared 5 containers, and the Ship have 30 ports in the itinerary, the total fuel required will be 5 * 20 * 30 = 3000.

- In future releases we will add more functionality to this feature, one could be adding important alerts indicating when certain events have finished, like the preparation of a container, or when the preparation period of a Ship is about to expire.

8. Pimento Tree: Used in the Spice Factory.

9. Jamaican Restaurant (FC): Produces Jamaican Food.

Jamaican Patties
Fish Tea
Jerk Chicken
Curry Goat
Mackerel Run Down
Brown Stew Chicken
Oxtail Stew
Gizzada

New products from other facilities: Goat Meat in the Semi-Trailer Truck. Allspice, Jamaican Jerk Spice and Curry Powder in the Spice Factory.

10. Sign Factory (Coins): Produces Signs.

Engraved Sign
Sandblasted Sign
Table Cover Sign
Ground Sign
Car Topper Sign
Hanging Sign
Awning Sign
Monument Sign

11. Disaster Protection Shop (FC): Provides Disaster Supplies Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Storm Supplies Factory.

12. Signworks Shop (Coins): Provides Signs Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Sign Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - December 15, 6:00PM

- Released 25 new levels.
- Cargo Ships will be released sometime next week.

Post-Release Updates - December 22, 11:30PM

- Released the Cargo Ships functionality, please read again the feature description in the post above as we updated and expanded some of the information.

Post-Release Updates - December 23, 7:30PM

- Fixed an issue when the red circle in the tool box icon was showing 99 when visiting friends.
- When opening a Ship for preparation (say, the green ship), if 24 hours have not passed yet since the last time you started the preparation for another ship, it will tell you exactly the remaining time you have to wait to be able to start the preparation of the green ship.

Post-Release Updates - December 26, 7:00AM

- We will add soon another section in the Seaport Manager so you can see all your ships and their locations, and open the Ship Managers from that section without navigating to the ships farm.

Post-Release Updates - December 27, 7:00PM

- BugFix: Some users were experiencing XLINK errors when opening the Seaport Manager
- BugFix: After rotating a ship on the farm and opening the Ship Manager, if the ship was already dispatched, an error message was showing up incorrectly for some users.

Post-Release Updates - December 30, 12:30AM

- You can now skip any port at any time without waiting. Notice that skipping a port lower the rewards of every port after it, the rewards of any remaining port shifts to the right. For example, if the reward on port 28 is 1000 products, port 29 is 2000 products and port 30 is 3000 products, then if you skip port 28, the reward on port 28 (the one you skipped) will be 0, port 29 will be 1000 products and port 30 will be 2000 products. You basically gave up the chances of earning 3000 products (not 1000) by skipping port 28. The last port can't be skipped, but we will most likely allow that in the future.

- The number of clicks per container when loading the ships in your port will always be 1, so it will never require more than 10 clicks to fully load a ship. You will also earn 500 coins for every container you load.

- You should now see ships from non-neighbours (for example, friends who are not your neighbours) in your Seaport Manager as well, so every time you see a red circle on the Tool Box icon, you should have ships waiting in your port.

- Better neighbour selection to create the ship itinerary. The itinerary is now composed by the neighbours that have helped you in the past week, which you can see at the very bottom of the screen, the boxes with pictures that say "XYZ sent you a gift", etc. If that is not enough to complete the 30 neighbours needed for the itinerary, we will then complete the rest of the ports using the same method we are using now, based on the last date they have played.

Post-Release Updates - December 31, 4:30PM

- Better accuracy for the red circle counter in the Tool Box icon, it was not adjusting on skipped ports.
- When novice players go into the Seaport Manager and click only once in the ship, without knowing that she needs to continue clicking until the ship is fully loaded, when she closes the Seaport Manager we will show a message box explaining that you need to continue clicking until the ship disappear from the view.
- You will now see all ships in your port, even the expired ships (ships returning home because 7 days have passed), which will show highlighted in pink, this way the red circle counter will be even more accurate. These ships will require only one click, to hide them.
- There is now a blue button for each ship in the Seaport Manager showing the kind of relationship you have with the owner of that ship: neighbour/buddy/friend/non-friend, you can click on that button to visit the ships owner farm.

Post-Release Updates - January 4th, 6:00PM

-Bugfix: The Neighborhood Chains Contest is showing an incorrect number for the number of days remaining in the contest.
-Bugfix: Sometimes when preparing containers, a -1% appeared in the progress bar for some users.

Post-Release Updates - January 5th, 11:30PM

- You can now open your Seaport Manager while working other people farms without returning to your farm.
- Bugfix: When visiting your friends farms you still have access to open their ships but you can't click on the different buttons like Dispatch and Skip Port.
- Bugfix: Frozen flowers in some of the stages appeared transparent for some users.

Pending to Release:

- Create the itinerary when the preparation phase starts and allow the replacement of up to 10 neighbours in your itinerary.

Known Issues:

- None

Doug Harter
Dec 01 2016, 08:59 PM
Cool, Thank you, and your remarkable team, for all you do.
Doug

Taz D
Dec 01 2016, 09:04 PM
Thanks Raul!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 01 2016, 09:05 PM
So excited! Will be happy to see the info on the ships even if we can't have them yet. I understand tricky releases that take a little more time. :)

Off to snoop now . . .

chrisluvsanimals
Dec 01 2016, 09:06 PM
New pimento berry tree, new products....allspice, curry powder, jerk seasoning (spice factory)

goat meat in Semi truck

Lee Ann
Dec 01 2016, 09:06 PM
Yea !!! thanks for all you all do for all of us ! lol Happy Farming y'all !!!

Old McMark
Dec 01 2016, 09:30 PM
24x24 chainsaw truck, 4 new facilities

Farmer_Susan
Dec 01 2016, 09:32 PM
New pimento berry tree, new products....allspice, curry powder, jerk seasoning (spice factory)

goat meat in Semi truck

Bigger turbo boat and chainsaw. 4 new factories.

L.A.Bob
Dec 01 2016, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the new Stuff. You keep the game exciting.

FarmerWitch
Dec 01 2016, 11:36 PM
Thank you! Looking forward to the ships!

ccheney
Dec 01 2016, 11:58 PM
I love love LOVE all the Christmas stuff !

peekachoo
Dec 02 2016, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the update Raul and the team, no worries about the ship , you have to make sure it's right before unleashing it on us :)

AussieGecko
Dec 02 2016, 01:39 AM
Totally love all the holiday items. Again many thanks to all of you!!:D

mac16129
Dec 02 2016, 02:01 AM
Thanks for another fantastic update! Everything just gets better and better...thank you!!

amanda1955
Dec 02 2016, 03:49 AM
I am buying land for farm 31 and you say the lasrt 3.. 25 25 30, but it has 30 30 and 30

LazyMare
Dec 02 2016, 03:57 AM
I am buying land for farm 31 and you say the lasrt 3.. 25 25 30, but it has 30 30 and 30

Hi amanda

I'm seeing 30 for all 5
Am sure it will be corrected shortly

maggiel29
Dec 02 2016, 04:00 AM
Thank you thank you :) Dont understand the ship - time will tell I suppose. But what happens if a neighbour doesnt click on it? Does it just get stuck and never come back or what? Im not sure I have 50 active neighbours.

Lajla
Dec 02 2016, 04:16 AM

34x34 - 17500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
36x36 - 18000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
38x38 - 18500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
40x40 - 19000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash

Why should I pay 30 fc for all of them ???

LazyMare
Dec 02 2016, 04:27 AM

34x34 - 17500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
36x36 - 18000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
38x38 - 18500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
40x40 - 19000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash

Hi Lajla

We're awaiting clarification - the coin prices are correct but we will have to be patient

Grumpdad
Dec 02 2016, 05:22 AM
If I boost a train, I gain products, if I boost a Cargo Ship I lose products? Am I reading this correctly??

Texas Star
Dec 02 2016, 05:28 AM
Spelling error?
Pimenta Berries (or allspice berries) grow on Pimenta Trees .... Pimento is a pepper that grows on a bush.

MadamePondarosa
Dec 02 2016, 05:30 AM
Cool ship functionality:)

Will all neighbours have to sign up like neighbourhood chain contest?

My consern is that if not, a almost never playing neighbour will not help me. And I assume you dont encourage to delete neighbours:) Or if a neighbour travel to Thailand holiday for 1 month, will there not be a max time ship will travel? I think someone can be irritated as well when neighbours nag them to help. And If I choose to delete a neighbour which never helps, what will happen with my ship then? Stuck for eternity? :)

LazyMare
Dec 02 2016, 05:33 AM
If I boost a train, I gain products, if I boost a Cargo Ship I lose products? Am I reading this correctly??

Hi Grumpdad

I don't read it that way - this paragraph is why:

- The amount of products Loaded to the Ship on each Port increases with each additional Port visited. As the Ship sails from Port to Port it will be more difficult for you to get that particular neighbour to Load your Ship and send it to the next port, because those neighbours that are farther away in your Ship itinerary are the ones that play less frequently, therefore are less active. However when one of those less active neighbours do Load your Ship, the amount of Loaded Products will be higher.

But we won't know for certain until the ships land

LazyMare
Dec 02 2016, 05:40 AM
Spelling error?
Pimenta Berries (or allspice berries) grow on Pimenta Trees .... Pimento is a pepper that grows on a bush.

Hi Texas Star

It's also known as a bayberry tree and seems to be spelled both pimenta and pimento - more commonly known as you say as Allspice

Grumpdad
Dec 02 2016, 05:41 AM
Hi Grumpdad

I don't read it that way - this paragraph is why:

- The amount of products Loaded to the Ship on each Port increases with each additional Port visited. As the Ship sails from Port to Port it will be more difficult for you to get that particular neighbour to Load your Ship and send it to the next port, because those neighbours that are farther away in your Ship itinerary are the ones that play less frequently, therefore are less active. However when one of those less active neighbours do Load your Ship, the amount of Loaded Products will be higher.

But we won't know for certain until the ships land

But what about one of the earlier paragraphs?
Once the Ship is Dispatched, the Mayor will assign an itinerary to that Ship consisting of your 50 most recently active neighbours you have. Each of those neighbours will have a Port. Your Ship will visit the Port of your most recently active neighbour first, and the Port of your least recently active neighbour last. The Ship will remain on each Port until the neighbour work on it by Loading it with products, after that it will sail automatically to the next Port in the itinerary.

the BY LOADING IT WITH PRODUCTS bit?

LazyMare
Dec 02 2016, 05:43 AM
Cool ship functionality:)

Will all neighbours have to sign up like neighbourhood chain contest?

My consern is that if not, a almost never playing neighbour will not help me. And I assume you dont encourage to delete neighbours:) Or if a neighbour travel to Thailand holiday for 1 month, will there not be a max time ship will travel? I think someone can be irritated as well when neighbours nag them to help. And If I choose to delete a neighbour which never helps, what will happen with my ship then? Stuck for eternity? :)

Hi MadamePonderosa

Am sure these things will be clearer once the ships are released.
The max travelling time would appear to be 7 days

- The Ship will return to its home Port after all the neighbours Ports in the itinerary have been visited or 7 days have passed since you started the Preparation of the Ship. Then you will be able to Unload the Ship and all the carried Products will be added to your Storage.

LazyMare
Dec 02 2016, 05:46 AM
But what about one of the earlier paragraphs?
Once the Ship is Dispatched, the Mayor will assign an itinerary to that Ship consisting of your 50 most recently active neighbours you have. Each of those neighbours will have a Port. Your Ship will visit the Port of your most recently active neighbour first, and the Port of your least recently active neighbour last. The Ship will remain on each Port until the neighbour work on it by Loading it with products, after that it will sail automatically to the next Port in the itinerary.

the BY LOADING IT WITH PRODUCTS bit?

Hi again Grumpdad

Until the ships are released we can't say anything for certain.

LazyMare
Dec 02 2016, 05:58 AM

Amanda and Lajla

The FC prices in the New Release have been updated to reflect what the Realtor is charging :)

kejusa
Dec 02 2016, 06:37 AM
I have looked in the section Trains & Ships but no ships to be seen - I think mine have all sunk lol - am I missing or not doing something I should?

marymarcel
Dec 02 2016, 06:41 AM
I have looked in the section Trains & Ships but no ships to be seen - I think mine have all sunk lol - am I missing or not doing something I should?

Hi kejusa:)

Ships will be available in about 2 weeks according to point 7 in the New Release thread.:)

kejusa
Dec 02 2016, 06:45 AM
Ah, but I thought I saw some comments where farmers have ships hence the question, thank you for your prompt response.

marymarcel
Dec 02 2016, 07:08 AM
Ah, but I thought I saw some comments where farmers have ships hence the question, thank you for your prompt response.

You are very welcome:)

Aliboots
Dec 02 2016, 07:09 AM
Lovely stuff. Thank you. :)

Dallace
Dec 02 2016, 07:53 AM
Wonderful update thank you

Do we actually load our stuff from our storage onto the neighbors ships that come to port?

marymarcel
Dec 02 2016, 08:07 AM
Wonderful update thank you

Do we actually load our stuff from our storage onto the neighbors ships that come to port?

Hi Dallace:)

The only information we have was posted by Raul in the New release thread, but I think we will get full information when the ships arrives in about 2 weeks:)

Dallace
Dec 02 2016, 08:17 AM
Ok Thanks Mary. :)

macwinter
Dec 02 2016, 08:56 AM
Definitely looking forward to the ships, thank you for an awesome update.

SeniorCornwall
Dec 02 2016, 09:30 AM
Too bad the Signworks Shop stocks products from the Sign Factory only..... Sign Factory is not available for another few weeks.... You would think the factory should have been released now, with the shop coming in a few weeks :)

Taz D
Dec 02 2016, 09:34 AM
Too bad the Signworks Shop stocks products from the Sign Factory only..... Sign Factory is not available for another few weeks.... You would think the factory should have been released now, with the shop coming in a few weeks :)
Hi SeniorCornwall,
The sign factory is already in the store.

Texas Belle
Dec 02 2016, 09:48 AM
Thank you for all the goodies, like always you guys rock... now to wait for the ships... :)

Tiger
Dec 02 2016, 10:02 AM
Thank you very much to Raul and all the development team :D

Taz D
Dec 02 2016, 10:22 AM
Hi Grumpdad,
As in all of the cases where we get products like hired for harvesting or boosting trains, the ships will be the same. Any products added will be coming from the mayor and not your storage.

gffarmer
Dec 02 2016, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the updates. Great as usual!! Awesome new Christmas items!!!

Tom C
Dec 02 2016, 10:39 AM
The info on the ships is a bit disappointing, if I read it right it takes 45 to 60 minutes to load a container, at the max time for all it will be 10 hours to load the ship. I play farm town everyday and I do not even have that much time to load one ship let alone 7 ships and I know you can only load 1 a day. For me to do the ships they are going to have to change the way they are loaded, I just do not have 10 hours a day to sit and load containers, I have a job. I do like that they are coin ships and not farm cash.

Also how do neighbors know that a ship is docked at their port? If it is like the train boast and comes up in the gift section then my neighbors are going to be upset with me because I seldom do gifts. I only do them if I need a tree or flower, or some holiday gift. So my neighbors trains are going to get stuck at my farm.

Dr. Dirt
Dec 02 2016, 11:10 AM
I know some guys that work on the cranes at the port here in Savannah. If it took them 45 to 60 minutes to load a container they wouldn't have a job for very long. :)

sod farmer
Dec 02 2016, 11:11 AM
so someone who is extremely active but chooses NOT to participate could easily stall many ships at their first port simply by opting not to play. My farms keep e very busy and this addition seems to be something that will require a significant amount of time watching - working - responding to requests from ppl saying pls work my ship... will see how this plays out but not sure it will play well.

Rugged Barbie
Dec 02 2016, 11:14 AM
Great Update - thank you, Developers!
My dream came true - Ships are COINS and not Farm Cash!
Happy Dancing on my future Ships!
xoxoxo
Happy Holidays to All!

SeniorCornwall
Dec 02 2016, 11:28 AM
Hi SeniorCornwall,
The sign factory is already in the store.

Thanks for the response. I had missed that

mcdaddie
Dec 02 2016, 12:33 PM
I am a bit disappointed with the whole new ship thing. It irritates me to know that now people that don't spend real money to get farmcash get the same benefit (i.e. products) that those of us that spent the FC get. So we wasted our money. I was really hoping that the ship would carry other products that we are short in to make it worth while to work both trains and ships. Notes stated that a fully worked ship in the proper amount of time would yield the same as a fully loaded train that returns. Was really hoping that ships would carry things like Chromite that aren't in the train cars. A beautiful scenario would be for us to load items that we could really use individually, but I know that would be a programming nightmare. I just can't understand why the redundancy between train and ship. Now the only thing our FC buys us with the trains is having the mayor do all the work for us when doing other peoples facilities. I am bummed.

Jean's Farm
Dec 02 2016, 01:57 PM
Oh my goodness.....I just bought the nativity people and they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! The Baby Jesus is even separate and can be placed on the crib. The animals are wonderful. Thank you so much.....it is really stunning!!!!

wsbohannon
Dec 02 2016, 03:36 PM
I just want to THANK the developers for the beautiful Nativity items. I was so surprised and pleased!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!.

Conjetta
Dec 02 2016, 04:35 PM
Will there be a way to OPT out of the whole boat thing? It seems like it will be much more involved than I have time for and I don't want to spend that much time on the game. I also don't want my neighbors having to wait on me to do anything. I want to farm. Period. I've been on farm town since 2009 and it would be awful to have to leave now because of being pushed to do something I don't want to do.

bjyhey3
Dec 02 2016, 05:54 PM
Thank You for the update...Great stuff as usual :)

mastermouse
Dec 02 2016, 07:18 PM
thanks for the great Christmas items!

on another note..
the ships loading at neighbours ports could end up being a deterrent. I do play regularily however I have alot of inactive neighbours...my ship could get stalled at one of their ports or if I went on vacation for a week I could cause a delay for one of my active neighbours ships. I guess it will be a wait and see

Farmer Tony
Dec 02 2016, 08:00 PM
Cheers!!!!

Tom C
Dec 02 2016, 11:36 PM
They have not said what the ships will carry, I took the remark about bring back stuff like the train to mean we would have lots of product brought back. If it is a pop up tab that i have to click on to load a ship i can do that, but if it is in the gift section I will not be doing it. As far as being forced to quit the game because I do not load ships well I am not going to quit no matter how mad some people might get. I enjoy harvesting and planting and loading my factories, the rest of the stuff is just extra but nothing I have to do. I already do not do the quest, or co op quest the reward is not big enough for me to mess with it. At 2fc a week it will take 3 to 4 months to get enough to buy something. The Neighbor hood chain thing I quit after a month of coming in last or next to last, with loading factories 2 to 3 times a day, I went back to my 3 to 4 times a week thing and still come in last, with a lot less effort.

lynnetimpeiro@msn.com
Dec 03 2016, 12:19 AM
WOW -- Thanks Raul and team!!! Looking forward to the cargo ships and seeing how to make them go. Thanks again!!!

bluehair
Dec 03 2016, 01:03 AM
ooh if the ships are coins I can use my FC to buy some tools but will wait till the ships come out currently have $151 farm cash with another 25 levels coming out that puts my total up to $176 plus FC from quests :)

annaH
Dec 03 2016, 04:13 AM
Thanks for all the great new stuff!
I thought I saw something about a cactus somewhere, but can't find it anywhere. Was I dreaming?

Aussie Rae
Dec 03 2016, 05:23 AM
thanks for the great update, looking forward to the ships and will wait patiently til they are released before making any decisions either way.. no point in stressing out or worrying.. just gives you heartburn and grey hairs, (ps... I already have all the grey hair I need, LOL)

Aussie Rae
Dec 03 2016, 05:29 AM
Thanks for all the great new stuff!
I thought I saw something about a cactus somewhere, but can't find it anywhere. Was I dreaming?

I found Cactus by going to the Store and typing that in the search, found 3 listed, Prickly Pear Cactus costs 1,110 coins, harvests in 4 days, sells for 185 coins but at the moment there is no ? in the top right corner so its not currently used for anything.. Oh and they are classed as FLOWERS!! The Saguaro Cactus (with 4 arms) costs 100,000 coins and the Saguaro Cactus with 2 arms, costs the same. They are decorative items.:)

StoneFace
Dec 03 2016, 09:17 AM
so,

If the Cargo Ship(s) will cost coin.....

maybe I should really start accumulating coin.... just spent about 80Billion on expansions

I will have to post daily for the next two weeks, and maybe buy another hundred facilities..... ouch:eek:

jeannine_p
Dec 03 2016, 11:20 AM
personally, i think slashkey has made an excellent choice in making the ships coins. i know a lot of players on fixed incomes, but use this game for therapy, and why should they always have to miss out on the premium items simply because of a choice of groceries or game? many kudos to dev and team for making that decision. new trees... need more room to plant. can we drop some of those land expansion prices a little bit maybe? im starting to feel like i need to be friends with hugh hefner to upgrade a farm. lollll seriously tho, very happy with this update, well done dev team!!

ckerider
Dec 03 2016, 11:29 AM
Will there be a way to OPT out of the whole boat thing? It seems like it will be much more involved than I have time for and I don't want to spend that much time on the game. I also don't want my neighbors having to wait on me to do anything. I want to farm. Period. I've been on farm town since 2009 and it would be awful to have to leave now because of being pushed to do something I don't want to do.

I agree with this completely. We spend enough time doing Farmtown and I don't want to HAVE to do anything that I feel is a waste of my time. I will wait until the "Ships" come to see how much work is involved. I do know that I have stopped contributing to the Neighborhood Chains contest simply because my group has only managed a 9 at best. Just not worth the effort! I have also played since 2009 but I have my limits as to what I am willing to do/buy in order to keep up with the game. Sounds like the 'SHIP THING" is not one of them so far.

Qivis
Dec 03 2016, 01:42 PM
I found Cactus by going to the Store and typing that in the search, found 3 listed, Prickly Pear Cactus costs 1,110 coins, harvests in 4 days, sells for 185 coins but at the moment there is no ? in the top right corner so its not currently used for anything.. Oh and they are classed as FLOWERS!! The Saguaro Cactus (with 4 arms) costs 100,000 coins and the Saguaro Cactus with 2 arms, costs the same. They are decorative items.:)

As of when I tried to search for them around 8am eastern (US) time, search was not working for anything in the store. I am hoping the issue will be fixed by Monday if it has not been at this writing. Thanks for mentioning where you found the ones that are non-ingredients since it will make them easier to find directly. :)

Taz D
Dec 03 2016, 01:48 PM
As of when I tried to search for them around 8am eastern (US) time, search was not working for anything in the store. I am hoping the issue will be fixed by Monday if it has not been at this writing. Thanks for mentioning where you found the ones that are non-ingredients since it will make them easier to find directly. :)
Hi Qivis,
I am not sure what issue you are talking about. The search in the store is working fine.

Qivis
Dec 03 2016, 02:46 PM
Hi Qivis,
I am not sure what issue you are talking about. The search in the store is working fine.

As I said, it may have been a temporary glitch that was quickly fixed. Other temporary glitches have also occurred, but this is fairly normal shortly after an update and problems that I've seen in the last hour are not happening at the moment either. :)

MadamePondarosa
Dec 03 2016, 03:24 PM
As I said, it may have been a temporary glitch that was quickly fixed. Other temporary glitches have also occurred, but this is fairly normal shortly after an update and problems that I've seen in the last hour are not happening at the moment either. :)

For me, the search function is up every update, but stabilise in among 2 days.

Now for the cactuses, they came in Nov release so not new now:)

tengunn
Dec 03 2016, 11:22 PM
Thanks for all the new goodies. Looking forward to the ship. I know they will work it out for us so that those who want can use it and enjoy it. Love this game after all these years.

Sandraneta
Dec 03 2016, 11:45 PM
Raul, A thousand thanks for the Jamaican restaurant, and all of the other goodies. You and your team continue to introduce remarkably creative elements to the game. It keeps the players intrigued. I have played for over 8 years and still look forward to the monthly updates. As a native Jamaican, I still look forward to a Jamaican flag in the flag shop. Because of the introduction of the Jamaican Resturant, hope springs eternal for the Jamaican flag. Again, thanks for everything.

dorissau
Dec 04 2016, 08:44 AM
I agree with this completely. We spend enough time doing Farmtown and I don't want to HAVE to do anything that I feel is a waste of my time. I will wait until the "Ships" come to see how much work is involved. I do know that I have stopped contributing to the Neighborhood Chains contest simply because my group has only managed a 9 at best. Just not worth the effort! I have also played since 2009 but I have my limits as to what I am willing to do/buy in order to keep up with the game. Sounds like the 'SHIP THING" is not one of them so far.

I am of the same mind. I left that "other" farm game because in order to build or add anything, you had to annoy your neighbors to death. This feels like the same thing. I don't think I want to nag my FT friends or get bugged by them either... 50 of them ??? wow. I'll will wait and see how obnoxious it gets.

nancyq2
Dec 05 2016, 07:57 AM
Is there a reason we don't get notified when there are no update notices? Or will it always be on the first?

Tiger
Dec 05 2016, 08:33 AM
Is there a reason we don't get notified when there are no update notices? Or will it always be on the first?

Hi nancyq2,

The only game notification you get when there is a new release is a link above your game screen which, when you click on it, will bring you to the forum so you can read it. Releases are roughly once a month, they can be on different dates so no, not always on the 1st of the month.

PawPaw99
Dec 05 2016, 06:17 PM
Hi nancyq2,

The only game notification you get when there is a new release is a link above your game screen which, when you click on it, will bring you to the forum so you can read it. Releases are roughly once a month, they can be on different dates so no, not always on the 1st of the month.

Am I the only one that didn't get a notice this month or do I have others in my group of only finding out by exploring?

Tiger
Dec 05 2016, 06:54 PM
Am I the only one that didn't get a notice this month or do I have others in my group of only finding out by exploring?

Hi PawPaw99,

Everyone should have got a notice above their game screen. I'm sorry there is no way for us to be able to check on this.

The best thing to do is keep an eye on the News and Announcements section for any updates.

Begonia Wildwind
Dec 05 2016, 07:19 PM
Hi PawPaw99,

Everyone should have got a notice above their game screen. I'm sorry there is no way for us to be able to check on this.

The best thing to do is keep an eye on the News and Announcements section for any updates.

I did not see a notice this month, either... No matter, though, I was watching for the update, and missed it by less than an hour! :D

nancyq2
Dec 05 2016, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the response. I need to report then, I have not received the notice that a new update had been released for at least 3 months. I have heard from a teammate that she is having the same problem.

Qivis
Dec 06 2016, 04:17 PM
Raul, A thousand thanks for the Jamaican restaurant, and all of the other goodies. You and your team continue to introduce remarkably creative elements to the game. It keeps the players intrigued. I have played for over 8 years and still look forward to the monthly updates. As a native Jamaican, I still look forward to a Jamaican flag in the flag shop. Because of the introduction of the Jamaican Resturant, hope springs eternal for the Jamaican flag. Again, thanks for everything.

Thanks, Sanraneta, for reminding me. Even though I am a United States citizen from birth, I am mostly Scottish. I'm overdue to check to see if they've added a Scots flag! :D

Qivis
Dec 07 2016, 04:24 AM
Hi PawPaw99,

I have not gotten the notice the last couple months either. But when the time is coming for an update soon, I check my list of facilities for unowned items and the announcements in this forum.

Conjetta
Dec 07 2016, 02:10 PM
No answer since I posted this question. I'm still wondering if there is a way to opt out so your neighbors don't waste their time sending the ship to us. AND, what will be done if you don't have 50 active neighbors? Too many unanswered questions.

marymarcel
Dec 07 2016, 02:13 PM
No answer since I posted this question. I'm still wondering if there is a way to opt out so your neighbors don't waste their time sending the ship to us. AND, what will be done if you don't have 50 active neighbors? Too many unanswered questions.

Hi Conjetta:)

We dont have the answers to your questions as the only information we have about the Ships is posted in the New Release thread in point 7

We have to wait till the Ships are released and see what more information we get.:)

artbee
Dec 08 2016, 03:00 AM
I as an Australian would of like more summer items for Christmas. As winter christmas is out of places in Australia. More summer Christmas items please

Sandraneta
Dec 08 2016, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the response. I need to report then, I have not received the notice that a new update had been released for at least 3 months. I have heard from a teammate that she is having the same problem.

I have not received update notices for at least 3 months, however, I simply watch the boards for monthly updates. The notification within the game is commendable and helpful. Nonetheless, I just check the Slashkey board if I am curious.

Tom C
Dec 08 2016, 09:13 AM
If I read the notes right your ship will return in 7 days. It might get stuck at one of your neighbors but at the end of day 7 it returns to you with what ever it picked up.

kourty
Dec 08 2016, 11:04 AM
I started playing in 2009 and I'm thinking back to how it was and I have to laugh. Harvesting 1 square at a time , and planting the same way ... It's hard to feature that now lol.. You guys have to have quite the imagination to think, of all the things you come up with.. Good job !!!!! thanks for the new things each time .

Lara
Dec 09 2016, 04:42 AM
thanks for everything and I am waiting (im)patiently for the Ships. I read the people saying there was no notification on the game like usual. I just got mine now and I have been on my farm for some time already today so it seems to be a delayed reaction lol

Qivis
Dec 09 2016, 05:49 AM
I did finally get the notice appearing above the game, but today! So it's a good thing I have been awake the last week... :p

Old McMark
Dec 09 2016, 07:15 AM
For those complaining about notifications of the new release, you already know within a few days when it will come out (about a month after the last one). Most of us check the forum at least once a day when it gets to be close to a month since the last release. Also, there are usually some changes to the game features that become obvious pretty quickly when a new release hits (new tools, new farms, new features on the farm screen, etc). Recently a big tipoff was the numbers that appear on the grid that allows you to jump to different farms.

RoseArienh
Dec 09 2016, 08:55 AM
I've been reading the posts about the above game update notifications (or the lack thereof). Like many here, I didn't need that notification, as I knew what day it was and I checked in here every fifteen minutes starting on the first.

Anyway, for posterity, and maybe help to the developers, the notification appeared above my game this morning.

james_a_thompson
Dec 09 2016, 09:03 AM
FT, thank-you for creating the new ships. As I understand it, it will take (on and off) up to 10 hours to prepare a ship with all 10 cargo holds. That being said, I only have time to play 1-2 hours before work and 1-2 hours after work. Please create and release a version of FarmTown that works with iOS and Android devices so that I can play the game while commuting and during work hours. R/ Jim T

Momma Woods
Dec 09 2016, 09:23 AM
A yellow banner at the top of my Farm Town page said a new release to the game click here for info. I do not find anything re: another release since 12/1/16.

LizaLee
Dec 09 2016, 09:44 AM
Thank you for the update :)

Tiger
Dec 09 2016, 10:07 AM
A yellow banner at the top of my Farm Town page said a new release to the game click here for info. I do not find anything re: another release since 12/1/16.

Hi Momma Woods,

The 1st Dec is the latest release. The notification at the top of the game was late in arriving. Best place to check is here in the New Release section of the forum.

dell466
Dec 09 2016, 10:36 AM
I am very concerned that the new cargo ships will fizzle big time. With the current neighbourhood chain quests, there are players in my group who do not bother to participate more than once during the week. The neighbourhood chain only takes a few seconds per day to do, but they can't be bothered. So how can you expect them to take a significant amount of time to help out with a cargo ship that arrives at their port from someone else?

beverduster
Dec 09 2016, 11:10 AM
I am very concerned that the new cargo ships will fizzle big time. With the current neighbourhood chain quests, there are players in my group who do not bother to participate more than once during the week. The neighbourhood chain only takes a few seconds per day to do, but they can't be bothered. So how can you expect them to take a significant amount of time to help out with a cargo ship that arrives at their port from someone else?

thats when you start lookin for new neighbers that play the quests, i would think they would also stock your ship when it hits their port

tammylaree
Dec 09 2016, 11:21 AM
I am reading a lot about what people don't like about the new ships but they haven't even come out yet. How about we wait and see how they are going to work before deciding they are a good or bad thing? I love FarmTown and the devs manage to give us some pretty good things to keep it interesting. Let's give them a chance on this as well. Oh and thanks for the most recent update.

MissWatusi
Dec 09 2016, 12:05 PM
I got tired of some neighbors hardly trying to work the neighborhood quests. That's their right, but they were dragging down my neighborhood. So, I got rid of the neighbors that were lackadaisical. I want to be competitive LOL.

Moose Maid
Dec 09 2016, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the new update. Looking forward to the Ships. :)

Are new levels planned for the future?

Taz D
Dec 09 2016, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the new update. Looking forward to the Ships. :)

Are new levels planned for the future?
Hi Moose Maid,
#2 in the Release says in about 2 weeks (25 new levels).

Krykarla
Dec 09 2016, 03:00 PM
Looking forward .. Thank u :)

AnnaWalls
Dec 09 2016, 03:15 PM
Cool. That cargo ship will be interesting.

Lara
Dec 10 2016, 01:44 AM
I appreciate all my neighbours whether they play once a day or once a week or every now and then. I appreciate everything they do for me and I have been playing with most of them since 2009. This is a great game but how much time individuals have to devote to it relies on their own daily commitments. I know that there will be neighbours who will not have time to help with my ship when I get it. I don't care, it is still an exciting concept and it will return to me with FREE goods after 7 days whatever happens.

StoneFace
Dec 10 2016, 07:48 AM
I appreciate all my neighbours whether they play once a day or once a week or every now and then. I appreciate everything they do for me and I have been playing with most of them since 2009. This is a great game but how much time individuals have to devote to it relies on their own daily commitments. I know that there will be neighbours who will not have time to help with my ship when I get it. I don't care, it is still an exciting concept and it will return to me with FREE goods after 7 days whatever happens.

Amen, and

Amen, and

Merry Christmas to all!

StoneFace
Dec 10 2016, 07:53 AM
9 days since the latest New Release.

14 days estimated time from then to the release of the Cargo Ship enhancement

5 days, maybe less, maybe more, until our Ships come in.

They'll be coming 'round the mountain, when they come........;)

Thanks to Raul for 7++ years..... from a single 24x24 to the current 31 farms at 42x42

no end in sight.... and that's a great thing..... making farming great again!

knolan
Dec 10 2016, 08:15 AM
I still can't afford to upgrade the land units that I have, nevertheless afford to add any additional farms. I would think the developers & staff would want players to be able to enlarge their lots & increase the number of farms so they can use their farmcash to purchase facilities to put on those farms. I already spend too much real money on FarmTown just to be able to keep up with myself, forget about keeping up with the Jones, or the Wangs, or the Gonzalez, or the Lee's, or the Smirnov families, or even the Muller families. Why not turn over a new leaf (or plot of dirt) and start the year with lowering the costs of land. It would lead the players into believing that their favorite game is now changing their mission to make the game more affordable for their families (we the player). To use the same well-known secret that was used by Walmart, Lower prices, to sell to more customers.

I do apologize for not recognizing that the cargo ship containers will be purchased with coins instead of FarmCash. yeahhhhh....Thank you!! Because I can not afford any more trains, I have 1 set for each of my FT accts.

mcdaddie
Dec 10 2016, 09:36 AM
Very well stated!!!!!!!!

Hallets
Dec 10 2016, 11:02 AM
Looks like ANOTHER useless update. FIX YOUR FREEKING BROWSER ISSUES FFS!!!!
:mad:

Taz D
Dec 10 2016, 11:09 AM
Looks like ANOTHER useless update. FIX YOUR FREEKING BROWSER ISSUES FFS!!!!
:mad:
Hi Hallets,
The only ones who can fix the Edge issues is Facebook. There is nothiong that Farm Town can do to fix that issue.

servocrow
Dec 10 2016, 01:19 PM
9 days since the latest New Release.

14 days estimated time from then to the release of the Cargo Ship enhancement

5 days, maybe less, maybe more, until our Ships come in.

They'll be coming 'round the mountain, when they come........;)

Thanks to Raul for 7++ years..... from a single 24x24 to the current 31 farms at 42x42

no end in sight.... and that's a great thing..... making farming great again!

So true! I don't get to play as NEARLY much as I use to play, but I still check out the updates and try to keep my account active. Very happy that this game is chugging along - I STILL LOVE IT!!! Thank you Developers and Players!!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 10 2016, 03:46 PM
I still can't afford to upgrade the land units that I have, nevertheless afford to add any additional farms. I would think the developers & staff would want players to be able to enlarge their lots & increase the number of farms so they can use their farmcash to purchase facilities to put on those farms. I already spend too much real money on FarmTown just to be able to keep up with myself, forget about keeping up with the Jones, or the Wangs, or the Gonzalez, or the Lee's, or the Smirnov families, or even the Muller families. Why not turn over a new leaf (or plot of dirt) and start the year with lowering the costs of land. It would lead the players into believing that their favorite game is now changing their mission to make the game more affordable for their families (we the player). To use the same well-known secret that was used by Walmart, Lower prices, to sell to more customers.

I do apologize for not recognizing that the cargo ship containers will be purchased with coins instead of FarmCash. yeahhhhh....Thank you!! Because I can not afford any more trains, I have 1 set for each of my FT accts.

I've NEVER paid real money for land. I've always worked to earn the coins for land upgrades. I've got all 31 farms at this point, and several of them are maxed out at 42x42. All bought with coins. The ones that aren't maxed out are what keep me playing in some ways - more goals to work toward. When you don't spend your FC on land, you can buy tons of other cool stuff with it and then the game won't seem so expensive.

ftjill
Dec 10 2016, 04:16 PM
Waiting for the ships is like waiting for Christmas...oh the anticipation...preparing the sea port farm...the sleepless nights wondering if the update is here yet. And then once the ships are released it will all be over in a few minutes just like opening the Christmas presents. And then...it will start again. Where will the ships go...which ports will they visit...and the long wait for a whole week until they return. Looking forward to the ships. :cool: :)

Yep. Just like Christmas! :D :D :D Thanks devs for keeping the game fresh with your great ideas and hard work. All the best to you and yours for the holiday season. Merry Christmas!

Aussie Rae
Dec 10 2016, 06:33 PM
Waiting for the ships is like waiting for Christmas...oh the anticipation...preparing the sea port farm...the sleepless nights wondering if the update is here yet. And then once the ships are released it will all be over in a few minutes just like opening the Christmas presents. And then...it will start again. Where will the ships go...which ports will they visit...and the long wait for a whole week until they return. Looking forward to the ships. :cool: :)

Yep. Just like Christmas! :D :D :D Thanks devs for keeping the game fresh with your great ideas and hard work. All the best to you and yours for the holiday season. Merry Christmas!

yes, I agree, its the anticipation that keeps us interested.. and I have to have a chuckle at all those pessimistic people who have their knickers in a twist claiming that the ships will be terrible and they won't be doing them... lol... especially when they have not yet been released.. :)

Farmer_Susan
Dec 10 2016, 07:52 PM
I'm counting down the days for the ships, too. I think they're going to be cool! I mean . . . I guess I'll get annoyed if they always get hung up at the same neighbor that keeps them from passing on through. But what I'm thinking is that it will be a way to get more goods for coins. And I think the anticipation of it all will be fun - something to check each day and see how far along they are, etc. I can hardly wait!

dnana
Dec 10 2016, 09:09 PM
The notification finally showed up, lol!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 11 2016, 08:53 AM
I doubt this is a bug with the last release but I don't know where to put this so decided to just let y'all move it. Here's what happened:

1. I was at a neighbor's farm working their facilities. When I finished, I clicked the Farm Stats tool because I was curious to see if I could see my own farm stats while on a neighbor's farm.

2. I couldn't, so I went back home and clicked the Farm Stats tool again. I set it to all products, all farms - saw a lot of stuff that I knew wasn't right. For example, it said I had some huge number of plowed fields and I was pretty sure I didn't have any. I clicked on it and found 16 of my farms listed - in seemingly random order - and they all said they had fields available. I don't think ANY of my farms had fields at the time but for sure some are off. For example, it said I had 8638 fields on Farm 1 and my Farm 1 doesn't have ANY fields. Other numbers were also way off, i.e., a farm with a possibility of 500 fields said it had 11,000 fields available - stuff like that. Other things were wrong, too, for example, it said my Farm10 had sunflowers ready but when I checked, it had onions GROWING - no sunflowers at all, and nothing ready on that farm.

3. I clicked it again and got correct amounts so this isn't a biggie - I'm guessing the first thing was some kind of hangover from the neighbor's farm I had just visited. Incidentally, if this helps with debugging, my neighbor could only view that one farm, whereas I've built up all my farms enough to have full use of that tool.

Stover
Dec 11 2016, 09:07 AM
Can you fix something up to let us use some of the new flowers in the flower facility, and maybe even some of the other facilities?

maggiel29
Dec 11 2016, 11:53 AM
Can you fix something up to let us use some of the new flowers in the flower facility, and maybe even some of the other facilities?

I second that :)

deballen
Dec 11 2016, 05:07 PM
I recently purchased a Mobile Lookout Tower and sent it to a super neighbor in hopes this tool would help her with farming faster on my farm. She tells me it only works on her farm and not mine. When I read the description in tools, I thought it would help her with my farm. Can someone explain this tool to me and how to make it work? If this is not the correct place to post this, please send where it needs to be.

marymarcel
Dec 11 2016, 05:09 PM
I recently purchased a Mobile Lookout Tower and sent it to a super neighbor in hopes this tool would help her with farming faster on my farm. She tells me it only works on her farm and not mine. When I read the description in tools, I thought it would help her with my farm. Can someone explain this tool to me and how to make it work? If this is not the correct place to post this, please send where it needs to be.

Hi deballen:)

Your first post was moved and answered in the following link

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6118166#post6118166

deballen
Dec 11 2016, 06:17 PM
Thank you !

Hi deballen:)

Your first post was moved and answered in the following link

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6118166#post6118166

SeniorCornwall
Dec 13 2016, 02:41 AM
Ships will be coming in for sure... Some say 7 days is too long, and see issues everywhere.... Keep in mind the trains started out as 7 days as well.... Then they added faster trains every few releases until you had five (standard, enhanced, supreme ultimate, turbo). Assume we can expect new farm cash ships in the coming releases....

Next release may also see farm 32 :) more factories, service facilities.... more tools,....

Christmas is coming :)

beverduster
Dec 13 2016, 03:19 AM
Ships will be coming in for sure... Some say 7 days is too long, and see issues everywhere.... Keep in mind the trains started out as 7 days as well.... Then they added faster trains every few releases until you had five (standard, enhanced, supreme ultimate, turbo). Assume we can expect new farm cash ships in the coming releases....

Next release may also see farm 32 :) more factories, service facilities.... more tools,....

Christmas is coming :)

we can get 7, the way i figured, that would be 1 coming every day, i like it and cant wait till we get it

merry christmas every one

Stu3
Dec 13 2016, 07:48 AM
Any Day now then for Ships?

StoneFace
Dec 13 2016, 04:01 PM
Any Day now then for Ships?

maybe any hour now.....

game is slow to save data...... maybe the devs are loading up the cargo ships, I mean the servers.

:cool:

Dallace
Dec 13 2016, 04:33 PM
Earlier today farmtown was acting up. It kept reloading like it does when you go from one farm to the next then connection to server was lost. So I left for a while, it seems fine now.

Rugged Barbie
Dec 13 2016, 06:54 PM
Yes, game was very slow this afternoon.
As far as anticipation for the ships being part the fun, I totally disagree. It will be totally anticlimactic for me.

max_river
Dec 13 2016, 09:08 PM
ok i have a issue my store is not working it comes up but none of the items in the area..
i just notice that the store is showing trains/ships is that new

Taz D
Dec 13 2016, 09:24 PM
ok i have a issue my store is not working it comes up but none of the items in the area..
i just notice that the store is showing trains/ships is that new
Hi max_river,
The Trains/Ships title for that section was changed when the release was done. That is where the ship items will be placed when released.
I just checked my store and everything is showing.

max_river
Dec 13 2016, 09:28 PM
Hi max_river,
The Trains/Ships title for that section was changed when the release was done. That is where the ship items will be placed when released.
I just checked my store and everything is showing.

thank you for checking for me it still not working

Taz D
Dec 13 2016, 09:39 PM
thank you for checking for me it still not working
Hi max-river,
Try clearing the memcache and your browser cache.

FarmerWitch
Dec 14 2016, 09:46 AM
Waiting, waiting for my Ship

ftjill
Dec 14 2016, 10:41 AM
oh yeah...me too. game was really glitchy yesterday. feeling hopeful the ships will be here soon.

heartnrose
Dec 14 2016, 11:09 AM
If ships are like trains, we can then have 1 on every farm yes? Am confused a little but that seems to be my normal state anymore. Thanks for any help?

marymarcel
Dec 14 2016, 11:11 AM
If ships are like trains, we can then have 1 on every farm yes? Am confused a little but that seems to be my normal state anymore. Thanks for any help?

Hi heartnrose:)

The only information we have it is the one posted by Raul in the New release thread.

We have to wait till Ships are released to get more information:)

Stu3
Dec 14 2016, 01:38 PM
Wait for it .. Due to the Trade Unions the Cargo Ship or Air Cargo Ships have gone on Strike for the Holidays they will be back Sometime in 2017 when they have decided to hold talks and come to some Agreement (i am waiting to see if they get delayed again)

heartnrose
Dec 14 2016, 05:30 PM
Thank you Mary Marcel. I have re read several times and I think I figured it out. You are allowed 7 Cargo ships, only one can be dispatched every 24 hours, therefore you would only be able to have a total of 7 in all.

david1323
Dec 14 2016, 06:30 PM
Adobe Flash was updated yesterday and at night. Since FT works on Flash it most likely caused the problems with FT. The update was a security update as usual. I wish Adobe did a better job of getting Flash right and secure. The update said the ships would come in about 2 weeks so we still need to wait to see what they are. After all it is the holidays and I am sure the developers are very busy.

max_river
Dec 14 2016, 09:55 PM
am i confused are ships delayed someone just posted or are they just joking

Taz D
Dec 14 2016, 09:58 PM
am i confused are ships delayed someone just posted or are they just joking
Hi max_river,
It hasn't been 2 weeks yet. And they did say "about" 2 weeks, so could be a little more. Raul has not posted anything to change that. Any other statements in here about it is purely guessing.

Cherry's Farm
Dec 15 2016, 02:52 AM
Well said :)

JNelson
Dec 15 2016, 05:26 AM
"about 2 weeks" is taking a looooong time ,,,, impatiently waiting

Rugged Barbie
Dec 15 2016, 09:07 AM
Farm Town is acting squirrelie
jumping around, factory window isn't refreshing properly when i change views (like from farm 4 to farm 5 window - it stays on the view prior to requested change), it's going on and off line at will - - - these must be some really big codes they're loading for the ships.
It's cold here in Asheville, NC. Maybe they're gonna send me an Ice Breaker ship!

Qivis
Dec 15 2016, 09:07 AM
"about 2 weeks" is taking a looooong time ,,,, impatiently waiting

Since there is a blizzard warning on until tomorrow here in the State of New York, I am betting that someone will hit a telephone pole and then the new levels will arrive while my power is out! :p

Qivis
Dec 15 2016, 09:12 AM
Farm Town is acting squirrelie
jumping around, factory window isn't refreshing properly when i change views (like from farm 4 to farm 5 window - it stays on the view prior to requested change), it's going on and off line at will - - - these must be some really big codes they're loading for the ships.
It's cold here in Asheville, NC. Maybe they're gonna send me an Ice Breaker ship!

Ah! In the south it's "oh no we're going to die!" with 6 inches of snow on the ground while here in the northeast it's "how do you want your burger?" with 6 or 8 FEET of snow on the ground surrounding the grill! tee hee :D

Okay, not really. But yes, often times changing the view in the store or on the farms themselves has been a bit wonky sometimes lately. I'm guessing it's one of those glitches that Raul and the team know about but simply are too busy to write about while trying to fix it.

StoneFace
Dec 15 2016, 09:59 AM
Ships are coming, with Columbus at the helm.

FT will be the brave new world when he drops anchor in FT Bay

beverduster
Dec 15 2016, 01:15 PM
got my shrimp boat get yours yet?

boduke66
Dec 15 2016, 02:25 PM
Not sure what you mean by Shrimp boat,but the new ship that transports items is a Cargo Ship not Shrimp boat,just fyi.

Qivis
Dec 15 2016, 03:01 PM
got my shrimp boat get yours yet?

I'm not showing the ships online yet, so I have no idea what you are talking about!

Begonia Wildwind
Dec 15 2016, 04:18 PM
I just refreshed and found that the new levels are out!

bjyhey3
Dec 15 2016, 04:30 PM
I just refreshed and found new levels and the trains & ships category is now back to just trains

Farmer_Susan
Dec 15 2016, 04:34 PM
Maybe they're rolling things out little at a time? I don't have my levels yet but was just in the Marketplace and saw others that did. Maybe the ships will come, too!

marymarcel
Dec 15 2016, 04:36 PM
Maybe they're rolling things out little at a time? I don't have my levels yet but was just in the Marketplace and saw others that did. Maybe the ships will come, too!

Hi Susan:)

Please reload the game and check if you get the new levels.

Missy Lou
Dec 15 2016, 04:41 PM
got the new lvls. tyvm. any idea what is happening with the release of the cargo ships?

Keef
Dec 15 2016, 04:43 PM
have the new levels but the trains / ships tab in the shop is now only trains

Fireball
Dec 15 2016, 04:44 PM
The Trains/Ships is now just trains. Maybe the ships all sank before docking in FT bay. Ya think?

mastermouse
Dec 15 2016, 04:50 PM
thank you for the new levels

knolan
Dec 15 2016, 04:58 PM
I'm counting down the days for the ships, too. I think they're going to be cool! I mean . . . I guess I'll get annoyed if they always get hung up at the same neighbor that keeps them from passing on through. But what I'm thinking is that it will be a way to get more goods for coins. And I think the anticipation of it all will be fun - something to check each day and see how far along they are, etc. I can hardly wait!

I've been checking also for the ships. I also wonder how much they will cost. The cost of the land upgrades is outrageous, I just hope they aren't going to cost as much.

Rugged Barbie
Dec 15 2016, 05:04 PM
Ah! In the south it's "oh no we're going to die!" with 6 inches of snow on the ground while here in the northeast it's "how do you want your burger?" with 6 or 8 FEET of snow on the ground surrounding the grill! tee hee :D

Okay, not really. But yes, often times changing the view in the store or on the farms themselves has been a bit wonky sometimes lately. I'm guessing it's one of those glitches that Raul and the team know about but simply are too busy to write about while trying to fix it.

it's now 28 degrees here Qivis
however,
800 looks good on me :)

Aussie Rae
Dec 15 2016, 05:35 PM
thanks for the new levels and farmcash, :)

jerrbearsr
Dec 15 2016, 06:42 PM
have the new levels but the trains / ships tab in the shop is now only trains

Mine too, got new levels and now only shows trains ships where removed from shop category.

Tiger
Dec 15 2016, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone,

Update to Raul's post >>

Momma Woods
Dec 15 2016, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone,

Update to Raul's post >>

Ah Shucks I will miss the ships. got to have surgery that will keep me in hosp. 3-or more wks. Have fun.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 15 2016, 08:13 PM
Hi everyone,

Update to Raul's post >>

Ooooooh! SO hard to wait! Since we ARE going to have to wait, Tues would be good because that's my birthday. :D Or actually, Monday is even better because it's SOONER! An early birthday present would be nice.

ftjill
Dec 15 2016, 08:16 PM
I saw 3 ships come sailing in...on Christmas Day in the morning. Sure hoping to see a ship in FT Bay for Christmas. Hey Santa! Maybe you can help Raul out. :D

Aussie Rae
Dec 15 2016, 08:40 PM
thanks for the update Tiger... :)

mcdaddie
Dec 15 2016, 09:37 PM
Delaying the ships is a good/bad thing.
Good: The dev's are making sure they are not releasing something that will fail and earn them grief from everyone. I personally would rather have it come ONLY when it is ready.

Bad: Of course WITH the delay, now we will have to read in this thread all the irritations, sadness, anxious anticipation, and wondering how the trains will work when they do get here. I am not looking forward to all that.

Good job dev's, thanks for the extra cash, and stick to your guns and don't cave in under the pressure. Thanks for everything you do.

maggiel29
Dec 16 2016, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the new levels

jerrbearsr
Dec 16 2016, 07:36 AM
Delaying the ships is a good/bad thing.
Good: The dev's are making sure they are not releasing something that will fail and earn them grief from everyone. I personally would rather have it come ONLY when it is ready.

Bad: Of course WITH the delay, now we will have to read in this thread all the irritations, sadness, anxious anticipation, and wondering how the trains will work when they do get here. I am not looking forward to all that.

Good job dev's, thanks for the extra cash, and stick to your guns and don't cave in under the pressure. Thanks for everything you do.

Well said.

ftjill
Dec 16 2016, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the new levels. :) The game has stabilized now - must have been the flash and facebook updates that made things glitchy earlier this week.

Jovial
Dec 16 2016, 09:19 AM
When is the next release?

Tiger
Dec 16 2016, 09:22 AM
When is the next release?

Hi Jovial,

The ships are due to be released sometime next week. Other than that releases are usually once a month.

DCN-Toujours
Dec 16 2016, 10:50 AM
Thank you for the new levels and FarmCash! Looking forward to the ships, whenever you deem them seaworthy ;)
Meanwhile, just grateful for all you do to make FarmTown so fresh and fun!! Happy Holidays!!!

FarmerWitch
Dec 16 2016, 11:00 AM
Thank you for the new levels!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 16 2016, 03:20 PM
Thank you for the new levels and FarmCash! Looking forward to the ships, whenever you deem them seaworthy ;)
Meanwhile, just grateful for all you do to make FarmTown so fresh and fun!! Happy Holidays!!!

Hear hear! Agree 100%

Fireball
Dec 16 2016, 03:58 PM
Where oh where have my ships gone
Where oh where can they be
Laden with cargo
Lost at sea
Will arrive next week
All will be happy, at the dock ships you will see.

david1323
Dec 18 2016, 12:02 AM
Where has the ships heading gone? It used to read Trains/Ships and now it is just Trains. Back to the drawing board on the ships?:confused:

beverduster
Dec 18 2016, 12:38 AM
Where has the ships heading gone? It used to read Trains/Ships and now it is just Trains. Back to the drawing board on the ships?:confused:

raul said they will be out sometime next week

Farmer_Susan
Dec 18 2016, 10:09 AM
raul said they will be out sometime next week

Maybe ships are going to have a whole category to themselves. : )

Farmer_Susan
Dec 18 2016, 10:10 PM
Hey! Now HERE'S a really good thing!

THE SHIPS ARE COMING THE SHIPS ARE COMING!!!!!!!

If they had come already, we wouldn't be able to still look forward to them!

(Ok, weird, I know, but I just realized they were coming next week and got all excited again! LOL)

beverduster
Dec 19 2016, 01:17 PM
Hey! Now HERE'S a really good thing!

THE SHIPS ARE COMING THE SHIPS ARE COMING!!!!!!!

If they had come already, we wouldn't be able to still look forward to them!

(Ok, weird, I know, but I just realized they were coming next week and got all excited again! LOL)

thats what paul revere said in boston 200 years ago

StoneFace
Dec 19 2016, 03:48 PM
thats what paul revere said in boston 200 years ago

The Cargo Ship is a British Frigate ???

Probably with a load of tea, and sails made of tea-p

Lady_Catalina
Dec 20 2016, 06:40 PM
The Cargo Ship is a British Frigate ???

Probably with a load of tea, and sails made of tea-p
Unfortunately the first one was named the Kobayashi Maru.

FarmerWitch
Dec 21 2016, 02:30 AM
Is it 'sometime next week' yet?

MNWildOne423
Dec 21 2016, 05:33 AM
Antici....pation

bluehair
Dec 22 2016, 01:57 AM
ooh I see more information has been added about the ships :)

SeniorCornwall
Dec 22 2016, 03:18 AM
ooh I see more information has been added about the ships :)

Really? I don't see anything new? What are you referring to?

bluehair
Dec 22 2016, 03:19 AM
Really? I don't see anything new? What are you referring to?

You will be able to buy up to 7 Cargo Ships, all in coins, although it's possible that in the future we release additional farm cash Ships or Tools. To buy each Ship you will have to have a certain number of neighbours. Here are the 7 ships with the levels and neighbours required:

SeniorCornwall
Dec 22 2016, 03:30 AM
You will be able to buy up to 7 Cargo Ships, all in coins, although it's possible that in the future we release additional farm cash Ships or Tools. To buy each Ship you will have to have a certain number of neighbours. Here are the 7 ships with the levels and neighbours required:

Thanks... Look like I will be able to buy them all when they come out Now only if they would release them.....

Would imagine we will see FarmCash versions in later months like trains (ex. Enhanced, Supreme, Ultimate, Turbo..)....

Just hope I can get some Oil, zinc, Chromite, Graohite,

Dr. Dirt
Dec 22 2016, 03:50 AM
Say you have 42 neighbors and you buy the 7th ship, and over a period of time you lose 3 neighbors so that you have 39. Will the 7th ship stop working?

LazyMare
Dec 22 2016, 04:59 AM
Say you have 42 neighbors and you buy the 7th ship, and over a period of time you lose 3 neighbors so that you have 39. Will the 7th ship stop working?

I doubt it, but we can't know for sure until they are released

TheWheezer
Dec 22 2016, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi lpeaks,
The tools are switchable between the old method and the new one. Extend mode means you are using the new (area) method. You can change it by clicking on the tool symbol that replaced the eye. That will pop up the 2 modes.

I can't find where to post my question about the extend mode on the purple log truck with chain saw that I just today bought. I can't find how to change back to the old method to chop trees. I have no large squares of trees planted so I probably should not have purchased this tool.

Taz D
Dec 22 2016, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi lpeaks,
The tools are switchable between the old method and the new one. Extend mode means you are using the new (area) method. You can change it by clicking on the tool symbol that replaced the eye. That will pop up the 2 modes.

I can't find where to post my question about the extend mode on the purple log truck with chain saw that I just today bought. I can't find how to change back to the old method to chop trees. I have no large squares of trees planted so I probably should not have purchased this tool.
Hi Wheezer,
As you quoted above "You can change it by clicking on the tool symbol that replaced the eye. That will pop up the 2 modes." The old method is the top one when you click on the tool icon, so click on that and it will set the tool back to the old method. I would suggest you try the new Extend method though as it will harvest any trees within the square area, so it doesn't matter how you have them planted.

TheWheezer
Dec 22 2016, 01:28 PM
Thanks Taz. I may try both methods on different farms that have trees placed in different positions. I really like the tool just smaller than this one and feel that it harvests much faster.

mcdaddie
Dec 22 2016, 02:03 PM
Thanks... Look like I will be able to buy them all when they come out Now only if they would release them.....

Would imagine we will see FarmCash versions in later months like trains (ex. Enhanced, Supreme, Ultimate, Turbo..)....

Just hope I can get some Oil, zinc, Chromite, Graohite,
Mr. Cornwall
As stated in the ships instruction your bounty will be based on the same products carried by the trains and since trains don't carry Chromite or Graphite, you won't be getting any unless later down the line they add it. I wish they would add it to trains and ships because I am very short of both. You should get Crude oil and Zinc tho because they are part of the existing supplies that come in certain train cars.

ftjill
Dec 22 2016, 03:29 PM
Quoting the release notes: A fully Prepared Ship carrying the 10 containers, which also completes the full voyage throughout the 30 Ports, will bring the same amount of Products as a fully loaded Train that includes all the Freight Cars.

The notes say the same amount of products but do not say the products are the same. I'm hopeful that the ships will carry a couple of products I need that are not currently available with a freight train car.

Currently there are 19 freight train cars so I think each ship container will carry a greater variety of products. (stating the obvious here).

I have enjoyed the discussion about the ships - it's made me go back and reread the notes a few times. Feeling prepared with some possible strategies.

Keef
Dec 22 2016, 03:30 PM

this was posted over a week ago and it is now Friday here in Australia and Christmas is only 2 days away, will we get them before then I wonder:)

Taz D
Dec 22 2016, 06:38 PM

this was posted over a week ago and it is now Friday here in Australia and Christmas is only 2 days away, will we get them before then I wonder:)
Hi Keef,
The note for a week was posted on the 15th of December in the U.S. The current day here in the U.S. is the 22nd, so it is just today 1 week. Even with that said , the estimated times for items to be release are just that, an estimate. They do want to make as sure as they can that everything will work.

mcdaddie
Dec 22 2016, 07:57 PM
Quoting the release notes: A fully Prepared Ship carrying the 10 containers, which also completes the full voyage throughout the 30 Ports, will bring the same amount of Products as a fully loaded Train that includes all the Freight Cars.

The notes say the same amount of products but do not say the products are the same. I'm hopeful that the ships will carry a couple of products I need that are not currently available with a freight train car.

Currently there are 19 freight train cars so I think each ship container will carry a greater variety of products. (stating the obvious here).

I have enjoyed the discussion about the ships - it's made me go back and reread the notes a few times. Feeling prepared with some possible strategies.
I absolutely love your comment "(stating the obvious here)". To be obvious, you would have to be looking at the contents of the containers. I HAVE seen the contents of the containers. When they first started getting ready for the startup at the end of last month, I happened to run across all ten different colored containers in the store. There were for zero coin cost , but you couldn't buy any. However they did have the "?" in the corner so I opened each one hoping for new content. NOTHING!! I was disappointed. But I did study each one and the way they are getting the (Train) products from 19 cars was by merging the products. A few hours later the containers were hidden or removed from the store. I wish I had the forethought to take a pic of contents from each container, but I didn't. The one that effects me the most is contents of Quarry car (copper ore, zinc ore, etc...) and from the Hopper car (gold, silver, quartz,...etc). They combined the products from those two train cars into one color of the containers. Nothing new was there. I believe the lumber and the logs were combined and so on. We should know I am guessing AFTER Christmas because I have supported software before and NO WAY would I start a complex project like this knowing there will be problems to deal with and a staff that wants to open present with their kids. I can wait....

StoneFace
Dec 22 2016, 08:16 PM
I think Raul will do whatever he can to have the Cargo ships here for Christmas. Perhaps even tonight.

In the meantime, I wish all the Devs, the Mods, and fellow Farm Towners....

M E R R Y

C H R I S T M A S

ftjill
Dec 22 2016, 08:39 PM
That's interesting mcdaddie. Looks like you lucked out with a sneak preview. Thanks for giving us a 'heads up' - I look forward to checking out the containers when the ships arrive.

bjyhey3
Dec 22 2016, 10:58 PM
They are here...

lornagayle
Dec 22 2016, 11:02 PM
I am confused, should i buy 7 yellow ships because i am past level 700, or should i buy one of each ships,

Clohar
Dec 22 2016, 11:07 PM
I ahve a couple of questions.
1) can we buy all of them if we are at level 800?
2) Does the ships have to be on the farms or if we can put them in the store?

I didn't find any aanswer about those questions

Cherry's Farm
Dec 22 2016, 11:07 PM
I am confused, should i buy 7 yellow ships because i am past level 700, or should i buy one of each ships,

I think you can only have one of each color dispatched, it tells you that when you go to purchase

Cherry's Farm
Dec 22 2016, 11:09 PM

You have to work on them so they would have to be on a farm

Cherry's Farm
Dec 22 2016, 11:10 PM
I think Raul will do whatever he can to have the Cargo ships here for Christmas. Perhaps even tonight.

In the meantime, I wish all the Devs, the Mods, and fellow Farm Towners....

M E R R Y

C H R I S T M A S

You are right, they are out :)

notaparagod
Dec 22 2016, 11:18 PM

I think you can only have one of each color. I am sort of kicking myself for getting the blue one first and starting to prepare it...wish I had gone straight for yellow.

Tom C
Dec 22 2016, 11:19 PM
I just bought the blue one, and it said I could have only one blue cargo ship dispatched. So I think if you want one ship out everyday you will need one of each.

Tom C
Dec 22 2016, 11:20 PM
They have to be on a farm, like a facility.

Tom C
Dec 22 2016, 11:37 PM
I bought the blue one and I have started to prepare the first container, it said it will take 1 hour to do so. I do not see my self doing much with the ships at this time, I just do not have 10 hours to spend preparing containers. Now if in the future they release a tool at will allow me to start preparing the containers and have it move through all 10 automatically and i can come back in 10 hours and the ship is ready to send out I would pay big fc for that tool.

Petuniaflower
Dec 22 2016, 11:42 PM
I bought the blue one and I have started to prepare the first container, it said it will take 1 hour to do so. I do not see my self doing much with the ships at this time, I just do not have 10 hours to spend preparing containers. Now if in the future they release a tool at will allow me to start preparing the containers and have it move through all 10 automatically and i can come back in 10 hours and the ship is ready to send out I would pay big fc for that tool.

Exactly my thoughts too. I now sleep at night,and during the day,I farm mornings and start again late afternoon,early evening. I have house chores part of the day!

ftjill
Dec 22 2016, 11:57 PM
Thank you very much for the ships. Very pleased to have a new feature to play with.

Queen.of.Clutter
Dec 23 2016, 12:19 AM
I see only 3 containers that I could use .... the rest of them have goods that I already have excess of - I've actually turned off production on many of them. I will dispatch the ship with those 3 containers and see what happens ..

Taz D
Dec 23 2016, 12:23 AM

Exactly my thoughts too. I now sleep at night,and during the day,I farm mornings and start again late afternoon,early evening. I have house chores part of the day!

I look at it this way. I may not have 10 hours in a day to prepare all 10 containers, but I can at least get some of them prepared which will bring me more products to use. I may not even need what comes in all the containers. The only keys here are to prepare first the ones you want the most and then as many of the others as you have time, making sure you dispatch the ship before 24 hours are up, so you don't lose what you have prepared.
Then the next day while that ship is calling on your neighbors ports you start the next one.
Nothing says you have to do all 10 containers, spending 10 (out of 24 hours) to prepare them.

boduke66
Dec 23 2016, 12:27 AM
Can anyone tell me where in the store are the cargo ships found,looked everywhere and not finding them,thanks.

ftjill
Dec 23 2016, 12:32 AM
click on the store

chose trains/ships button

scroll down to the ships (last items on the bottom)

choose your ship

mcdaddie
Dec 23 2016, 12:34 AM
Tom C , there is NO rule that says you have to have all 10 containers fully prepped before it sails, in the time you can allot to it, just choose the containers that carry the products that would help you the most. If it is only 2 or 3 containers, so be it, you will at least have a few free products that you need.

bluehair
Dec 23 2016, 12:48 AM
now I cant find my ship :(

Aussie Rae
Dec 23 2016, 01:02 AM
just purchased the Yellow Ship and the Liquid Contents Container, 45 mins to prepare it.. will then see what happens next, :)

boduke66
Dec 23 2016, 01:33 AM
click on the store

chose trains/ships button

scroll down to the ships (last items on the bottom)

choose your ship
Had to reload the game,was then able to find the cargo ships,purchased the blue one,will see how it goes thanks.

Jwebb
Dec 23 2016, 01:58 AM
These Ships take WAAAY too long.

Wendiddy
Dec 23 2016, 02:13 AM
How do I know if someones ship has been sent to my port?

Queen.of.Clutter
Dec 23 2016, 02:51 AM
I sent my ship off with 3 containers .... it got transparent. I opened it, and you can open the tab "Ships Logbook" ... it shows you every neighbor in the order that the ship will land on their farm. They will then need to open their Seaport Manager in the toolbox section to work your ship. Each port adds more goods. At least all the neighbors are listed. You can message them and let them know that your ship is at their dock.

LazyMare
Dec 23 2016, 03:53 AM

Hi Clohar

1) yes
2) on the farm like the trains, but unlike the trains you can move them about

LazyMare
Dec 23 2016, 04:03 AM
How do I know if someones ship has been sent to my port?

Hi Wendiddy

Open your Big Yellow Toolbox
The Seaport Manager is in the left hand column between Facility Manager and the Co-operative Quest icons (at least that's where mine is)

maggiel29
Dec 23 2016, 05:27 AM
Well I am having fun making a seaport - although its not great :( not my forte. And Im interested to see what happens to my ship. Once you have paid the one off for the ship, any goods are free so with the trains the cargo ship goods will be a nice bonus so Im a happy bunny thank you. I like the way you have organised the goods in the containers as well. Maybe we can have more seaport decorative items in the future like some of those crains they use that run along on tracks etc etc. I will put this bit in the suggestions as well but wanted to say a big thank you and Happy Christmas and New year to all of you.

Aussie Rae
Dec 23 2016, 06:14 AM
These Ships take WAAAY too long.

depends which one you buy and how many containers you want to prepare, you can send the ship out with just one container or 10 containers, so if you are short on time, maybe just send out the ones you can prepare in the time you have available.. we will know more as we progress and hopefully everyone who gets a ship docked at their farm will help us by stocking it with the goods, :)

Aussie Rae
Dec 23 2016, 06:37 AM
just a question re the ships.. do the neighbors who help us get anything for doing so? if not that may impact on whether they will bother to click on the Seaport Manager.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 06:43 AM
Very fun thing to wake up to! I think I'm going to really enjoy the ships because I work for myself - from home - so I can pop in and farm a bit here and there throughout the day. So I'm excited. :)

One question . . . are there any differences among the ships except the decrease in the amount of time it takes to fill a container? I haven't looked at everything thoroughly - just went and bought the yellow ship and started filling the first container - but just looking at them briefly, they looked the same?

Aussie Rae
Dec 23 2016, 06:54 AM
Very fun thing to wake up to! I think I'm going to really enjoy the ships because I work for myself - from home - so I can pop in and farm a bit here and there throughout the day. So I'm excited. :)

One question . . . are there any differences among the ships except the decrease in the amount of time it takes to fill a container? I haven't looked at everything thoroughly - just went and bought the yellow ship and started filling the first container - but just looking at them briefly, they looked the same?

I think its just the time... and the cost of course, :) I also bought the Yellow one as it takes the least amount of time to prepare, currently have almost 7 containers prepared to send, will send the ship when the entire 10 are prepared.. so not too long to wait, :)

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 07:12 AM
I think its just the time... and the cost of course, :) I also bought the Yellow one as it takes the least amount of time to prepare, currently have almost 7 containers prepared to send, will send the ship when the entire 10 are prepared.. so not too long to wait, :)

Wow! Almost 7 finished! This is really pretty exciting. Only problem is that it's going to make me even MORE of an OCD Farm Town addict than before. I'm watching the clock like crazy - can hardly wait to start my next container (13 minutes to go). Of course . . . that's the point . . . and what makes this game so awesome. :)

theriversong
Dec 23 2016, 07:19 AM
What is the red number on the tools when I visit my neighbor's farm? It is showing 99 for several of us. Thanks!

Aussie Rae
Dec 23 2016, 07:24 AM
What is the red number on the tools when I visit my neighbor's farm? It is showing 99 for several of us. Thanks!

noticed that also but forgot all about it til I saw your post, so thank you for mentioning it here.. will check in the morning and hopefully one of the mods will be able to tell us what that means, :) ps was too busy with the ships!!

StoneFace
Dec 23 2016, 07:24 AM
depends which one you buy and how many containers you want to prepare, you can send the ship out with just one container or 10 containers, so if you are short on time, maybe just send out the ones you can prepare in the time you have available.. we will know more as we progress and hopefully everyone who gets a ship docked at their farm will help us by stocking it with the goods, :)

I did buy all the 7 ships, and they all contain he exact same containers. For my needs, only 7 or so of the containers will help. (don't really need more animal stuff or fruits and crops).

So to start, I will just fill the containers I can during the day (start early), and send the ship out at night.... then start #2 the following day etc. At my age, I don't need/want the stress of be required to fill all 10, nor the stress of waiting over 24 hours and having to start over.

The proper/pirate response to that = gggrrrrrrrrr

marymarcel
Dec 23 2016, 07:37 AM

noticed that also but forgot all about it til I saw your post, so thank you for mentioning it here.. will check in the morning and hopefully one of the mods will be able to tell us what that means, :) ps was too busy with the ships!!

Hi theriversong and Aussie Rae:)

We have emailed the developers about this. Thanks for your report :)

Aussie Rae
Dec 23 2016, 07:45 AM
I did buy all the 7 ships, and they all contain he exact same containers. For my needs, only 7 or so of the containers will help. (don't really need more animal stuff or fruits and crops).

So to start, I will just fill the containers I can during the day (start early), and send the ship out at night.... then start #2 the following day etc. At my age, I don't need/want the stress of be required to fill all 10, nor the stress of waiting over 24 hours and having to start over.

for its first voyage on the high seas, I decided to send out the Yellow Ship with all the 10 containers, but once its back in a week... hopefully, fingers crossed.. will then decide if it needs to go again, :) also just had my first ship dock from a neighbor and loaded it for her, looking forward to seeing more arrive soon!!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 07:47 AM

Wow! Amazing how we all need different things. I filled my animal products container FIRST because I'm always running out of those even though I have all of the non-FC animal barns on all 31 farms and maxed out with animals. I did the fish one second, and then the fruits and crops 3rd. When we get Farm 32, I've already decided that I'm going to shell out FC for some of the super barns. However, I didn't run out of animal products until I bought duplicates of all of the non-FC facilities - so that's what pushed me over the limit.

For me, it's not stressful to think of "having" to fill all 10 - it's a challenge. I'm having a great time so far! Fits all my little OCD needs very nicely. :)

maggiel29
Dec 23 2016, 08:03 AM
Just had a thought maybe you could add a pop up when logging into your farm to tell you there are neighbours ships waiting at your seaport. It would save us having to bug people. Hate doing that.

Aussie Rae
Dec 23 2016, 08:05 AM
Just had a thought maybe you could add a pop up when logging into your farm to tell you there are neighbours ships waiting at your seaport. It would save us having to bug people. Hate doing that.

look at your tool box and you will see a number there.. I have already had a ship dock and have loaded it and sent it on its way!! If there is no number, then there is no ship waiting. :)

Old McMark
Dec 23 2016, 08:07 AM
Did I actually see someone complaining about the cost of the ships??? IMO, they are cheap. Normally when you are paying coins for something that would otherwise require farm cash, you can count on billions of coins per 1 farm cash. I was expecting something at a level that I would have to save up for. As it was, I bought all 7 out of coins on hand. This is a steal, and the products will come in handy. A huge thanks to the Devs for making this something both useful and affordable.

As to the time to prepare, if you have a flash browser (like puffin) on your phone or tablet you can just check in periodically throughout the day to prepare a new container. This will take only seconds each time you do it.

Lara
Dec 23 2016, 08:12 AM
I have dispatched my first ship (the yellow one). Now to see if my neighbours decide to participate. It was fun to do it though.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 08:18 AM
OMG - I'm SURE my last container has said less than one minute for about 30 minutes now! I mean . . . how many times can I possibly refresh in less than one minute?!?!?

Just kidding, of course . . . things are working beautifully so far.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 08:21 AM
for its first voyage on the high seas, I decided to send out the Yellow Ship with all the 10 containers, but once its back in a week... hopefully, fingers crossed.. will then decide if it needs to go again, :) also just had my first ship dock from a neighbor and loaded it for her, looking forward to seeing more arrive soon!!

How did you know a ship had docked? I'm dying to get some!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2016, 08:33 AM
Just found the Seaport Manager Tool so I just answered my own question. Would be nice to be notified on our regular screen without having to go look. I think having to go look to see if there's a ship at your port is going to greatly DECREASE neighbor participation which is going to be directly proportional to the amount of INCREASED frustration with the ships. Maybe that's already been done - I don't have any ships in my port yet (SOB!) so I don't know.

Qivis
Dec 23 2016, 08:59 AM
The pink highlights for the current container being loaded on the cargo ship is certainly very useful. Kudos to Raul and the team for making it so without our needing to ask for it! :)

ajjeni
Dec 23 2016, 09:10 AM
will there be a time limit that a ship will stay at a neighboring port? if a regular player goes on vacation for weeks, will i have to wait at that port for those 2 weeks for the neighbor to come back and work the ship for it to go on to the next port? And i can also see me wanting a special farm for a port not for crops, just for the ships, mine and other players...i have an image of seagulls, rats and pirates...docks, stuff like that

Taz D
Dec 23 2016, 09:18 AM
will there be a time limit that a ship will stay at a neighboring port? if a regular player goes on vacation for weeks, will i have to wait at that port for those 2 weeks for the neighbor to come back and work the ship for it to go on to the next port? And i can also see me wanting a special farm for a port not for crops, just for the ships, mine and other players...i have an image of seagulls, rats and pirates...docks, stuff like that
Hi ajjeni,
Your ship will return to you in 7 days with however many goods are loaded. So if it gets stuck at a neighbor's port then it won't stay 2 weeks there, but will return to you in 7 days at the most.

Texas Belle
Dec 23 2016, 09:29 AM
The ships arrived, thank you, thank you... now to put them to work... thanks Raul and Co., as always you guys rock..... :)

meirwen59@aol.com
Dec 23 2016, 09:43 AM
Appears that today , not sure if it is connected, but since I purchased a cargo ship I am now not able to post my facilities or clients either from the facility manager or direct from a farm. Yes I have reloaded , cleared memcache , any suggestions please :)

SeniorCornwall
Dec 23 2016, 09:44 AM
Wow! Amazing how we all need different things. I filled my animal products container FIRST because I'm always running out of those even though I have all of the non-FC animal barns on all 31 farms and maxed out with animals. I did the fish one second, and then the fruits and crops 3rd. When we get Farm 32, I've already decided that I'm going to shell out FC for some of the super barns. However, I didn't run out of animal products until I bought duplicates of all of the non-FC facilities - so that's what pushed me over the limit.

For me, it's not stressful to think of "having" to fill all 10 - it's a challenge. I'm having a great time so far! Fits all my little OCD needs very nicely. :)

Interesting post.... For me it is the complete opposite... I will focus on three containers - Metal Sheets / Ore, Rocks & Minerals and / Liquid Factory Ingredients. From there I will just add more if I have time. Key will be to start in morning - add containers as I can throughout the day - and make sure I ship it out in the evening..... If I do this every day, will always be a ship being loaded... and 6 at sea all the time. I look at the content from these as a bonus, so will take what I can - not like I lose anything by using them...

I am guessing the next months will see tools to speed up the loading / shipping process.... Maybe super ships and the like....