PDA

View Full Version : Discussions About Cargo Ships

Pages : [1] 2

StoneFace
Dec 12 2016, 07:25 AM
It is a great move by the devs to bring the Cargo enhancement to the players for coin, and not for a ton of Farm Cash....

I think the cost will be much more than the $3-5 million coin for some of the facilities at each release.......... but..... no where near the $15-20 Billion coin required for the larger expansions of the farms.

so.... to bide the time till our ships come in.... (which I think, IMHO, will be in the next 24 hours).... what do you think will be the coin requirment for the ships or other items that might be available in the initial startup of this new addition to the game?

My guess... about $10 million for "minor" enhancements.... and maybe $20 million for ships.

We will know for sure soon.... soon.... soon:rolleyes:

marymarcel
Dec 12 2016, 07:34 AM
It is a great move by the devs to bring the Cargo enhancement to the players for coin, and not for a ton of Farm Cash....

I think the cost will be much more than the $3-5 million coin for some of the facilities at each release.......... but..... no where near the $15-20 Billion coin required for the larger expansions of the farms.

so.... to bide the time till our ships come in.... (which I think, IMHO, will be in the next 24 hours).... what do you think will be the coin requirment for the ships or other items that might be available in the initial startup of this new addition to the game?

My guess... about $10 million for "minor" enhancements.... and maybe $20 million for ships.

Hi Stone Face:)

I moved your post to General Feedback forum so you will all be free to post your thoughts about ships.

ftjill
Dec 12 2016, 09:45 AM
hmmmm...well...maybe 8 million for the first ship. Each additional ship will cost more than the one before. Each container will cost about the same as a train car.

I hope there will be a container that carries arabic gum. And one for animal products like cow milk and hen eggs.

I think Thursday for the ships.

summerlad
Dec 22 2016, 07:21 PM
are the ships operational yet? I don't find a tool for them...not sure how that's going to develop....will it just appear? thanks

Taz D
Dec 22 2016, 07:45 PM
are the ships operational yet? I don't find a tool for them...not sure how that's going to develop....will it just appear? thanks
Hi summerlad,
No the ships are not operational yet. You will find all the current information about them in the latest release thread in the News and Announcements section.

sizzlinsssandi
Dec 23 2016, 12:41 AM
If we want to only send certain containers on each ship are we allowed to do that, or does it require all the containers in order to send it out?

LazyMare
Dec 23 2016, 02:08 AM
If we want to only send certain containers on each ship are we allowed to do that, or does it require all the containers in order to send it out?

Hi Sandi

From the New Release http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626130

"" - You have a maximum of 24 hours to prepare as many containers as you can and then Dispatch the Ship. ""

So I would think that you can prepare as many as you want to or have time to.
You have to send it within 24 hours from starting to prepare it

ClaytinPA
Dec 23 2016, 06:31 AM
The ship thing - one primary problem - it will enslave player to the game all day long -- if you are going to fill with containers, you will have to keep an eye on the clock, show up each hour on the hour to move the next container and then make sure you get your boat out on time! I'll give it a try, but very unsure I'll stay with this one! At least you can get a boat without paying big real cash for it :-(

marymarcel
Dec 23 2016, 06:52 AM
The ship thing - one primary problem - it will enslave player to the game all day long -- if you are going to fill with containers, you will have to keep an eye on the clock, show up each hour on the hour to move the next container and then make sure you get your boat out on time! I'll give it a try, but very unsure I'll stay with this one! At least you can get a boat without paying big real cash for it :-(

Hi ClaytinPA:)

You dont have to start all 10 containers. You can choose the ones you need more products and just start them. If you only want to start one container, then you will be ready to dispatch your ship.:)

skinni
Dec 23 2016, 08:41 AM
So about the ships. Can I buy 2 different color ships and get them both ready and then just launch 1 each day or do I have to wait to prep them 1 a day. If i have to wait and only prep 1 a day what's the point in getting more than 1 ship.

Qivis
Dec 23 2016, 08:55 AM

As has been pointed out, you do not have to get all the container cars ready before dispatching the ship. But you're right. It does give those of us on Social Security, disability, retired, or on vacation an advantage! :D

Taz D
Dec 23 2016, 09:13 AM
So about the ships. Can I buy 2 different color ships and get them both ready and then just launch 1 each day or do I have to wait to prep them 1 a day. If i have to wait and only prep 1 a day what's the point in getting more than 1 ship.
Hi skinni,
You can only prep 1 ship at a time.

NooNoo
Dec 23 2016, 11:09 AM
Do you have to wait for the person who's port to which your ship has gone to click on it before it loads? I sent 1 contain (fish) and it's been there 8 hours now and nothing has loaded. If it's going to be back in 6 days, it has to do 5 ports a day.... which is 4.8 hours per port...

LazyMare
Dec 23 2016, 11:36 AM
Do you have to wait for the person who's port to which your ship has gone to click on it before it loads? I sent 1 contain (fish) and it's been there 8 hours now and nothing has loaded. If it's going to be back in 6 days, it has to do 5 ports a day.... which is 4.8 hours per port...

Hi NooNoo

From the release notes:
- The Ship will remain on each Port until the neighbour work on it by Loading it with products using the Seaport Manager tool. After that, it will sail automatically to the next Port in the itinerary.

- The Ship will return to its home Port after all the neighbours' Ports in the itinerary have been visited or 7 days have passed since you started

I just don't know the answer yet as to how long a ship will stay in any one neighbour's seaport.
Am in France but have lots of neighbours from Australia, New Zealand and in the Americas - we all have to sleep and work at some point. :)

Ouiser Boudreux
Dec 23 2016, 12:41 PM
Hi skinni,
You can only prep 1 ship at a time.

So again, what is the point of having more than one ship? I must be missing something ???

NooNoo
Dec 23 2016, 12:46 PM
Hi NooNoo

From the release notes:
- The Ship will remain on each Port until the neighbour work on it by Loading it with products using the Seaport Manager tool. After that, it will sail automatically to the next Port in the itinerary.

- The Ship will return to its home Port after all the neighbours' Ports in the itinerary have been visited or 7 days have passed since you started

I just don't know the answer yet as to how long a ship will stay in any one neighbour's seaport.
Am in France but have lots of neighbours from Australia, New Zealand and in the Americas - we all have to sleep and work at some point. :)

So it's a bit pointless having the neighbours click on the ships then... You can't choose which neighbourss and if s/he is away on holiday it will be stuck in their port for a week and then magically father christmas style visit every port in no time flat and return to you...
:confused:

Tiger
Dec 23 2016, 12:52 PM
So it's a bit pointless having the neighbours click on the ships then... You can't choose which neighbourss and if s/he is away on holiday it will be stuck in their port for a week and then magically father christmas style visit every port in no time flat and return to you...
:confused:

Hi NooNoo,

Your neighbours are the ones that load the products on to the ship. That how you get products. If the ship gets stuck at a port and the seven days have passed it will return to you with whatever it has managed to be loaded with.

NooNoo
Dec 23 2016, 12:55 PM
Hi NooNoo,

Your neighbours are the ones that load the products on to the ship. That how you get products. If the ship gets stuck at a port and the seven days have passed it will return to you with whatever it has managed to be loaded with.

But I can't choose neighbours or block a neighbour temporarily while they are on holiday... how is that fair or even logical?

I can't even directly message them because it uses the farmer name and not the FB name. This really hasn't been thought through.

Tiger
Dec 23 2016, 01:30 PM
But I can't choose neighbours or block a neighbour temporarily while they are on holiday... how is that fair or even logical?

I can't even directly message them because it uses the farmer name and not the FB name. This really hasn't been thought through.

Hi NooNoo,

You can post your worries in the New Release thread and when Raul reads all the members posts in there, he may add to his post more information.

I can't help you with neighbours that are away on holiday, but the Ships Logbook does show you the picture of the neighbour your ship is at. If you go to the Neighbours tab at the top of your game screen and perhaps set it to "Activity" you should be able to find your friend there and if you click on their name it will take you to their FB profile so you could send a message that way if the ships been stuck at their port for many hours.

NooNoo
Dec 23 2016, 02:27 PM
And if the neighbour doesn't do ships so is never going to look in the ship tool?

This is the feedback forum. I am giving Feedback. Perhaps Raul can read the feedback thread???

R and S Farms
Dec 23 2016, 02:28 PM
Question about the loading of neighbors ships. Does the person loading these neighbors ships get anything from loading them? tyvm

Tiger
Dec 23 2016, 02:41 PM
Question about the loading of neighbors ships. Does the person loading these neighbors ships get anything from loading them? tyvm

Hi R and S Farms,

It hasn't been mentioned in the notes about the ships. It might be worth you asking this in the new release thread where the developers will see it and then they might add to their notes if they do.

storm36
Dec 23 2016, 05:05 PM
can we have more than 1 ship on the same farm like trains, like 1 of each color or do they each need to be on their own farm?

marymarcel
Dec 23 2016, 05:07 PM
can we have more than 1 ship on the same farm like trains, like 1 of each color or do they each need to be on their own farm?

Hi storm36:)

Yes, you can have all 7 cargo ships on the same farm if you want :)

BethFB
Dec 23 2016, 05:20 PM
I wish they had a start all button to start all containers being loaded in twelve hours and we had another twelve hours to dispatch it. It would be so much easier for those who work during the day and not being able to be on a desktop to load each container every hour.
I love the idea of the ships.

Beth

BethFB
Dec 23 2016, 05:30 PM
Also, do we have to get each one of the ships or can we like hit up the other colors and not care about the other colored ships?

Tiger
Dec 23 2016, 06:10 PM
Also, do we have to get each one of the ships or can we like hit up the other colors and not care about the other colored ships?

Hi BethFB,

As long as you meet the requirements for level and neighbours i think you can buy any ship you want. You certainly don't have to start with the blue one if you have a faster loading one as i have loaded the yellow one first and it's working fine here.

BethFB
Dec 23 2016, 06:45 PM
Okay, thank you, Tiger.

notaparagod
Dec 23 2016, 07:12 PM
I think we are going to get a lot of product for not a lot of coins or effort. It only takes a few seconds to log in and click a new container. I won't get much on days that I work, but on days off, I can certainly take a few seconds when I need to. There seems to be a lot of complaining for something that will only benefit us.

Taz D
Dec 23 2016, 07:36 PM
I am going to temporarily close this thread until the cargo ships rules and any bugs are worked out. If you have questions please post in the Official Cargo Ship thread in Help & Support or in the new release, so that we have all those in only those two places to make it easier for the moderators and developers to see.

den5092001
Dec 25 2016, 08:41 AM
I have two ships sitting at first port. This player does not seem to play anymore. so my ships will return in seven days with nothing because of this. That's not good. Thanks for your time

Soxie
Dec 28 2016, 03:30 PM
I think some Einstein at Slashkey needs to rethink how these cargo ships are done. It's been 2 days, my ship has been docked at neighbor #2 for 1 1/2 days AND NOT GETTING LOADED!!! So what happens in 4 days when my ship can't go to any other ports? I get NOTHING because of ONE STUPID NEIGHBOR!!! I have trouble finding neighbors for this game as it is, the ones I DO have clearly aren't daily players so I do what I can to do these new tools or whatever and I have to rely on neighbors whether I get goods or not? It's hard enough trying to complete any co-op quests having to wait on neighbors!!

Qivis
Dec 28 2016, 03:47 PM
I think some Einstein at Slashkey needs to rethink how these cargo ships are done. It's been 2 days, my ship has been docked at neighbor #2 for 1 1/2 days AND NOT GETTING LOADED!!! So what happens in 4 days when my ship can't go to any other ports? I get NOTHING because of ONE STUPID NEIGHBOR!!! I have trouble finding neighbors for this game as it is, the ones I DO have clearly aren't daily players so I do what I can to do these new tools or whatever and I have to rely on neighbors whether I get goods or not? It's hard enough trying to complete any co-op quests having to wait on neighbors!!

Please read the first page of the forum regarding the update for December 1, 2016. At the end of the notice from Raul announcing the update he also gives very clear statements that changes have been in the works to how the cargo ships work. And before you consider what he has written too complex, remember that it is a work in progress and other methods of delivering the goodies are being considered.

Taz D
Dec 30 2016, 08:51 AM
I have reopened this thread now that the changes have been made to the Cargo Ships. If you just want to discuss the cargo ships pro or con please do so here.

If you have a question or problem with your ships please post in Hel & Support Cargo Ships thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626490

If you have a suggestion about the cargo ships please post it in the Suggestions section:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595066

ButchBowWow
Dec 30 2016, 09:32 AM

You do realize this is a game, right? You're getting all stressed out over a game. One of my ships has been stuck in the very first port for 5.6 days, it's no big deal. Patience, the devs will get it sorted and make it more functional for us.

I've been playing this game for 7 years and trust me when I say the devs here are the best. They have spoiled us rotten and there are no other games out there that treat their players as well as these men and women do here.

Dulcinea
Dec 30 2016, 01:04 PM
You do realize this is a game, right? You're getting all stressed out over a game. One of my ships has been stuck in the very first port for 5.6 days, it's no big deal. Patience, the devs will get it sorted and make it more functional for us.

Hey, if it's not worth getting frustrated over, it's not worth playing. And for that first week, the cargo ships were frustrating indeed. So far the changes are working beautifully for me. :)

trina531
Dec 30 2016, 07:11 PM
Well I decided to try a ship just to see what it was all about and try to understand what everyone was in a dither about. :confused: First it is a farmer's choice to do them and I think they should realize that there may be choppy seas before there is smooth sailing. I do appreciate the ability to skip ports and look forward to seeing if the other fixes you are working on will help. :)I have a couple of SUGGESTIONS to help.:rolleyes: I do the trains and love the option when I can choose who I send my trains too. I usually choose people who have helped me. I also love the farm stats option so I do not have to go to each farm to check on my crops. Is there a way to incorporate the ships into these options? If this is post is not in the correct place feel free to move it. People need to calm down until the choppy seas settles. Thank you for always trying new things to keep the game interesting. Will I continue with the ships...who knows... will probably see how the fixes go and then make a decision if they sail or go into dry dock. My choice..will I support those who do them.... OH YES....one of the reasons I have stayed with this game is for the friendships and support I get when I need help.:D

Taz D
Dec 30 2016, 08:04 PM
Well I decided to try a ship just to see what it was all about and try to understand what everyone was in a dither about. :confused: First it is a farmer's choice to do them and I think they should realize that there may be choppy seas before there is smooth sailing. I do appreciate the ability to skip ports and look forward to seeing if the other fixes you are working on will help. :)I have a couple of SUGGESTIONS to help.:rolleyes: I do the trains and love the option when I can choose who I send my trains too. I usually choose people who have helped me. I also love the farm stats option so I do not have to go to each farm to check on my crops. Is there a way to incorporate the ships into these options? If this is post is not in the correct place feel free to move it. People need to calm down until the choppy seas settles. Thank you for always trying new things to keep the game interesting. Will I continue with the ships...who knows... will probably see how the fixes go and then make a decision if they sail or go into dry dock. My choice..will I support those who do them.... OH YES....one of the reasons I have stayed with this game is for the friendships and support I get when I need help.:D
Hi Trina,
Please put your suggestions in the Suggestions section and not in the feedback section. You can't start a new thread in that, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestions.

RozeeS
Dec 31 2016, 04:53 AM
The biggest issue with ships is visiting Ports of farm town neighbours who no longer play.

All of this could have been avoided if Farm Town had adopted the same system as other games on Face Book. When someone removes you as a friend on FB it also removes them and you from the games you play. This has always been an annoyance with me on FT because it didn't. And not until recently could we remove a neighbour from their list. I do not feel at all neighbourly when I have to load a ship of someone who has removed me from Face Book but has kept me as a FT neighbour when I have removed them from FT! Yes I know I don't have to load it but what is there to do when it is just sitting there!

I also have a few neighbours and FB friends who no longer play or play very occasionally. Some are elderly and it means I will have to remove those people from FT and also loose some storage space. Then to find new people to play this game in order to have my ship visit farms of people playing regularly.

I like the idea of the ships but this has not really been thought out very well. It seems you have included lots of people on my ship list that no longer play and have not for some time, in some cases years, while others that do play on occasions are not on the "port" list.

Has this been done in some mistaken thought that those who haven't played in a while/years will suddenly come back and play. Well that is my thoughts on it and misguided in my opinion.

I have kept people who no longer play on my list for storage purposes but it seems now I am going to have to remove people from the FT game and find new ones. At the expense of maybe upsetting a few, if and when they come back!

Yes we can move our ships on with a count limit, but we loose the goods for that farm and the count getting bigger. Defeats the object of the exercise doesn't it!

widow lyn
Dec 31 2016, 10:06 AM
I guess I am one of the lucky ones as my 1st ship made the rounds with very few problems, the longest wait I had at a port was 3 days but once that farmer came back from vacation and loaded it, it was smooth sailing through the remaining ports. I do like the idea of choosing your own ports of call.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 31 2016, 10:09 AM
I'm still bummed about the 24 hour wait for each ship. The thing I don't like about it is this:

Say I start ship #1 at 7am my time. That's cool if I'm ALWAYS available at 7am to start my next ship. But I'm not. Life gets in the way. So eventually, I'm an hour late - can't launch whatever ship I'm on until 8am. Still not a major problem, I guess, but next time I'm an hour late, I'm now up to 9am, etc., and eventually I'm launching ships so late in the day that it's hard to get them full before bedtime.

What I'd LIKE to be able to do is know that I'll be able to launch my next ship when I first get up in the morning. Quests are like this because they're on a 20-hour schedule. That gives me lots of leeway about when I do my morning farming and yet I always know I'll be able to do my quest first thing.

I think the problem is, right now, we can only have one ship going at a time. That's one of the rules. So if we change the 24-hour wait time before we launch the next one, that means we'd also have to change the amount of time that gives a farmer to load a ship (i.e., we'd only have 20 hours to load it, too). That would be ok with me but some farmers wouldn't like get shorted on that end.

So now I'm wondering . . . do we have to only have one ship going at a time? I think other issues might come up if that gets changed - I'm not sure what they are, but it might get confusing. Just looking at my 7 ships, they're travelling at different rates. Some are going through ports like crazy, others are much slower. Maybe we could launch one as soon as it comes in? And each ship would still get 24 hours to load? Are there issues with that?

I hope to eventually have a suggestion on this issue but right now, I'm not sure what to suggest so was hoping maybe others have some input. :confused:

Joyinlife
Dec 31 2016, 05:18 PM
I have two ships out and going slowly. I have looked for two days and no ship at my port. Others have said they helped several people. What is my problem? Do I just need to be patient?

Tiger
Dec 31 2016, 05:21 PM
I have two ships out and going slowly. I have looked for two days and no ship at my port. Others have said they helped several people. What is my problem? Do I just need to be patient?

Hi Joyinlife,

There no way of telling without asking your friends if any ships are going to yours. You just might be one of the later ports to visit.

JuliaK
Dec 31 2016, 05:33 PM
Good morning, firstly, I would like to say a big thank you to the team for creating and maintaining the best game on Facebook...
I have been working the ships since there appearance and I love the concept. I think the notifications in the toolbox are excellent, I think the manner in which we help dispatch our neighbours ship are excellent. BUT and I do say but... these ships are very time consuming and high maintenance... with the trains you send them off, pick your neighbours and sit back.. with the ships it is full on 24/7 if you want to be supportive and proactive. I have over the past week bought and dispatched all my ships.. currently I have 4 sitting empty because we can only prepare one ship in any given 24 hours...could we be able to work on 1 ship, finish it, send it on its way and then work on the next ship, finish it and send it on its way etc etc... having empty ships sitting idle it not being productive, too much time wasted.. no shipping would sit idle for any amount of time if they want to be productive....just a thought and would be happy to hear any opinions from other farmers... Happy famring!!!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 31 2016, 05:40 PM

This happened to me at first, Joyinlife. I got very few ships in my port while others were saying they had a lot. Now I seem to be getting a steady stream. Maybe it does just take awhile for things to gear up.

Joyinlife
Jan 01 2017, 05:43 AM
Thanks for the responses. Is there a way notifications can be set up on Facebook when ships have arrived in your port? (Similar to what they do for games). I think it would speed up the process for everyone involved; the ones who need help and the ones to help.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 01 2017, 09:35 AM
I don't think so. But several of us have felt we'd like other ways of being notified. I'm not sure if that's been put in the Suggestion thread yet or not.

OzzieOzzOzz
Jan 01 2017, 03:45 PM

If one has a stopwatch and stays awake 24/7, it will take 32-34 between ship launches. In practice, it will take 36-48 hours. Why not be more realistic and make it 20 h or 24 h between STARTS of boat preparation?

Aussie Rae
Jan 01 2017, 09:00 PM
I don't think so. But several of us have felt we'd like other ways of being notified. I'm not sure if that's been put in the Suggestion thread yet or not.

I would like something to tell me when my ship has returned home, and made that in the Suggestion section.

corogirl
Jan 01 2017, 10:35 PM
I think the ships are a huge pain in the bum. I have two and I set them off using tabs because there is no way I am going to muck about for hours setting up one container at a time. I can smell the whiff of FC being asked for in the very near future so we can set them off faster and if this happens they can stick the ships and the game right up where the sun don't shine. I am so over all this money money money to play this game. It used to be fun and now everyone is complaining ( amongst my friends anyway) about these stupid ships and constant messages ( some nasy so I have heard) to move on ships. People do have a life outside FT and they do sleep and we are all in different time zones!! Rant over... As you were.

Aussie Rae
Jan 01 2017, 10:55 PM
my ships have sailed and will never be seen again.. totally over them, I will forward any that arrive but doubt I will send out any more...frustration overload here...

corogirl
Jan 01 2017, 11:49 PM
my ships have sailed and will never be seen again.. totally over them, I will forward any that arrive but doubt I will send out any more...frustration overload here...

With you on that one Aussie. It's a rort, first they bring it out right on Christmas Eve they kill the tab loading asap and everyone is in a total tizz about them. I am not going to bother with them at all. I reloaded my facs after I collected from my first ship and didn't come close to my highest DV. I would much prefer to spend my time and energy on FT doing friends facs. Totally over them here too.

Tom C
Jan 01 2017, 11:55 PM
I to am over the ships and will do nothing with them. Funny thing is I would have paid fc for the ships, i also would have paid fc for a tool to prepare the containers faster. But ft got greedy and closed the way to prepare the ships faster, even with that cheat open to us I would have paid fc for a tool to make it faster. But like you Corogirl I see a fc tool in the future and I will not buy it now, since the closed the faster way to prepare containers. If ft wants me to do anything with ships they need to make the time to prepare containers less with out it being a fc tool.

columbonet
Jan 01 2017, 11:58 PM
Hi Joyinlife,

There no way of telling without asking your friends if any ships are going to yours. You just might be one of the later ports to visit.

Actually, if you go to your friends farm and look at their ships logbook, you can see if it's scheduled to come to you.

LazyMare
Jan 02 2017, 04:51 AM
Actually, if you go to your friends farm and look at their ships logbook, you can see if it's scheduled to come to you.

True columbonet, but first you'd have to know everybody that has you as a neighbour and what farm(s) their ships are on. Asking would be quicker :D

ladydiva0
Jan 02 2017, 07:32 AM
I have a life outside of farmtown! I use to enjoy the game but this is the worst thing to happen to it. I don't want to be at my computer 24/7 to get my ships loaded and launched. and everyone sending messages to neighbors when their ship just arrived in their port. The timing of the launch of this feature was the worst timing ever. It's making for a very unfriendly game. Neighbors are removing neighbors, people are unfriending people, it has brought out the worst in people. I can see what would happen in a SHTF situation. I want the friendly atmosphere of the game back

Farmer_Susan
Jan 02 2017, 08:35 AM
I would like something to tell me when my ship has returned home, and made that in the Suggestion section.

That's a good idea. I'd like that, too.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 02 2017, 08:38 AM

Oooooh . . . so sorry to hear this! I know you and I both were so excited about them to begin with. Mine are running smoothly now - even though we can't replace people on our itineraries yet. When we can do that, they'll be even better. What has you so frustrated? I think the only thing I don't like at this point is having to wait 24 hours to load a new one.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 02 2017, 08:40 AM

Ha! That's cool to know. Although I doubt that I'm going to be THAT interested to want to do that with all my neighbors. However, it's still pretty cool.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 02 2017, 08:51 AM
I have a life outside of farmtown! I use to enjoy the game but this is the worst thing to happen to it. I don't want to be at my computer 24/7 to get my ships loaded and launched. and everyone sending messages to neighbors when their ship just arrived in their port. The timing of the launch of this feature was the worst timing ever. It's making for a very unfriendly game. Neighbors are removing neighbors, people are unfriending people, it has brought out the worst in people. I can see what would happen in a SHTF situation. I want the friendly atmosphere of the game back

Ladydiva, I'm loving the ships but I definitely understand what you're saying about the unfriendly feelings. I've been pretty much glued to my computer because for about a week I was staying with a friend who was hospitalized so I had nothing to do but FT. However, I'm home now and last night went to a party - gone maybe 5 hours. I dispatched all neighbor ships before I left for the party and as soon as I got back to my car, I pulled out my phone, opened Puffin and dispatched new ones that had come in (about 7 of them). However, during that time, I had received two messages from a neighbor - asking me to move his ship. He sent the messages an hour apart and had eventually decided to skip me. NOW . . . here's the deal . . . my first reaction was to feel all defensive - hurt and huffy because I've been SUCH a good neighbor, yada yada. But then I (being a psychologist so I think weird like this) thought, "WAIT a minute. Yes I AM being a good neighbor! How many people would grab their phone and load ships on Puffin before driving the hour home just to get to neighbor ships faster? Anyone who has a problem with me can skip me or unfriend me or whatever they want to do, but I'm being a good neighbor and I'm loving the ships - so don't let this one guy ruin in for you."

Ironically, one of the things I've been asking for is a way where we can notify people if our ships are stuck. But when I got notified, I didn't like it. And the guy was as NICE as could be. No complaints at all about how he phrased it. Even taught me how to do ships if I wasn't doing them. So . . . again, the psychologist in me . . . realized that it had been all my own stuff that got me upset. Once I figured that out, I wasn't upset anymore and am back to loving the ships. :)

Tom C
Jan 02 2017, 09:13 AM
When i was doing ships I had one person send me a message after the ship it my port for about 10 minutes. I told the person if they could not wait 10 minutes then ships in ft were not for them.

ladydiva0
Jan 02 2017, 10:27 AM
Ladydiva, I'm loving the ships but I definitely understand what you're saying about the unfriendly feelings. I've been pretty much glued to my computer because for about a week I was staying with a friend who was hospitalized so I had nothing to do but FT. However, I'm home now and last night went to a party - gone maybe 5 hours. I dispatched all neighbor ships before I left for the party and as soon as I got back to my car, I pulled out my phone, opened Puffin and dispatched new ones that had come in (about 7 of them). However, during that time, I had received two messages from a neighbor - asking me to move his ship. He sent the messages an hour apart and had eventually decided to skip me. NOW . . . here's the deal . . . my first reaction was to feel all defensive - hurt and huffy because I've been SUCH a good neighbor, yada yada. But then I (being a psychologist so I think weird like this) thought, "WAIT a minute. Yes I AM being a good neighbor! How many people would grab their phone and load ships on Puffin before driving the hour home just to get to neighbor ships faster? Anyone who has a problem with me can skip me or unfriend me or whatever they want to do, but I'm being a good neighbor and I'm loving the ships - so don't let this one guy ruin in for you."

Ironically, one of the things I've been asking for is a way where we can notify people if our ships are stuck. But when I got notified, I didn't like it. And the guy was as NICE as could be. No complaints at all about how he phrased it. Even taught me how to do ships if I wasn't doing them. So . . . again, the psychologist in me . . . realized that it had been all my own stuff that got me upset. Once I figured that out, I wasn't upset anymore and am back to loving the ships. :)Farmer Susan, like I said I have a life outside of farm town. I am not loving the ships because of the time involved. I can't and won't spend the time required at the computer. I also don't like the negativity they have stirred up. I've been playing the game since 2009 and have never seen people so riled up over a game. The reward isn"t justified by the time spent.

Dulcinea
Jan 02 2017, 12:49 PM
However, during that time, I had received two messages from a neighbor - asking me to move his ship. He sent the messages an hour apart and had eventually decided to skip me.

Maybe time was running out on that ship, so he pushed it through the rest of its itinerary as fast as he could.

sheera
Jan 02 2017, 12:54 PM
Hi Ya'll,
I am completely confused. I bought my first ship without reading all the details. I don't have any idea where it went but I'll find it.
Is there a thread that explains it all in detail, like do I need large Bodies of Water and if I do, where do I get it?
Do I need a Port? Where do I get that?
Do I need the Freight Containers and where do I get those? Are they interchangeable with the Trains?
If you could just point me in the direction of specific details, that would be wonderful!
Thank You,
Sheera

Tom C
Jan 02 2017, 12:59 PM
You buy the ship in the store under trains/ships
Next you put it on your farm it can go anyplace that is free of anything, just bare grass.
next you open it and click prepare ship
next you start to prepare containers one at a time, have to be done in 24 hours or you start over also dont have to do all 10 containers
next you launch the ship and wait for it to come back
once it is back you unload it and start the process over again
you move ships on by going to the sea port manager and click on a ship til it is full.

Tiger
Jan 02 2017, 01:15 PM
Hi Ya'll,
I am completely confused. I bought my first ship without reading all the details. I don't have any idea where it went but I'll find it.
Is there a thread that explains it all in detail, like do I need large Bodies of Water and if I do, where do I get it?
Do I need a Port? Where do I get that?
Do I need the Freight Containers and where do I get those? Are they interchangeable with the Trains?
If you could just point me in the direction of specific details, that would be wonderful!
Thank You,
Sheera

Hi Sheera,

Adding to what Tom has said. We have the ships explained in the Game Guide. Here's the link for that >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

You place the ship anywhere on your farm. If you wanted to place them on top of waters that can be fished you will need to use the green hand for that after you have initially placed it.

The ports are not physical, in the sense that you need to buy and place one. You just need to check your seaport manager for any ships that come to you.

The ships are not connected to the trains, they just can bring you the same products that the trains do, it's just they are more labour intensive to do as they only cost coins and you are not guaranteed to get the same as what the trains bring. How much they bring will depend on how many ports your ship goes to and how much was loaded at each port.

Aussie Rae
Jan 02 2017, 05:08 PM
Oooooh . . . so sorry to hear this! I know you and I both were so excited about them to begin with. Mine are running smoothly now - even though we can't replace people on our itineraries yet. When we can do that, they'll be even better. What has you so frustrated? I think the only thing I don't like at this point is having to wait 24 hours to load a new one.

Susan, the whole experience frustrated me... the last couple of ships I had out, sat in ports for days...time was running out so there was no way those ships would return with a half way decent load on board.. so I skipped my way through all the remaining ports..the final ports were done in record time.. all ships are now in storage.. I had the best nights sleep since they came out!! :) perhaps once we can pick who they are sent to I might be tempted again, but have taken note of all those who held my ships hostage so won't be sending to them at all.. life is so much better with out frustration, :)

Farmer_Susan
Jan 02 2017, 06:42 PM
life is so much better with out frustration, :)

Definitely agree with that! I was frustrated at first but mine are running pretty smoothly now and I've only had to skip at most 2 people on any one ship. One of my ships actually got through all 30 ports with no skips. Very exciting! Of course . . . I get excited by very small things at times . . . but still, I'm enjoying them.

Joyinlife
Jan 03 2017, 02:51 PM
Heck with telling me when the ships come in. I just want to know when ships are at my port so I can help them get on their way. Someone said they show up on her farm. Where on the farm? This seems to be the one flaw with the game. I love Farm Town but cannot be on 24/7

Joyinlife
Jan 03 2017, 02:55 PM
Definitely agree with that! I was frustrated at first but mine are running pretty smoothly now and I've only had to skip at most 2 people on any one ship. One of my ships actually got through all 30 ports with no skips. Very exciting! Of course . . . I get excited by very small things at times . . . but still, I'm enjoying them.

30 Ports with no skips!
Who do you know that I do not know? :p

marymarcel
Jan 03 2017, 02:56 PM
Heck with telling me when the ships come in. I just want to know when ships are at my port so I can help them get on their way. Someone said they show up on her farm. Where on the farm? This seems to be the one flaw with the game. I love Farm Town but cannot be on 24/7

Hi Joyinlife:)

If you have ships in your port you will see a number in red in your yellow tool box. So you can open the tool box and then click in the Seaport Manager icon, which it is above the Facility manager icon, and then load your friends ships.

You have full information in the Game Guide for Ships http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

MOM GLENDA
Jan 03 2017, 06:30 PM
i be glad when we get a tool to change neighbors .we need to be able to change a few even if the tool is cash.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 03 2017, 09:56 PM
30 Ports with no skips!

Ha! It was just a lucky draw - a good group of people who all happened to be home and working their ships. But it WAS pretty exciting! LOL

MrsParker
Jan 04 2017, 10:43 AM
It's interesting that I care more about sending on someone's ship than I do about their trains, considering I don't get anything for my farm from the ships, and I do get products from trains. I suppose it's because I know most everyone has more neighbours than can support the train, so if I don't log in soon enough and I miss helping, the farmer won't suffer because everyone else is helping. But if I don't log in and the ships just wait for me, that hurts my imaginary friends playing with an invisible farm, and that bothers me. I do wonder, though, why we don't get products from the ships we load and send on.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 04 2017, 12:17 PM
It's interesting that I care more about sending on someone's ship than I do about their trains, considering I don't get anything for my farm from the ships, and I do get products from trains. I suppose it's because I know most everyone has more neighbours than can support the train, so if I don't log in soon enough and I miss helping, the farmer won't suffer because everyone else is helping. But if I don't log in and the ships just wait for me, that hurts my imaginary friends playing with an invisible farm, and that bothers me. I do wonder, though, why we don't get products from the ships we load and send on.

As a psychologist, this kind of thing fascinates me, and I'm the same way, btw. Signing on like an ADDICT to see if I have a ship in my port - not worrying nearly so much about the trains. For me, it's like I don't want to be seen as a "bad neighbor". With trains, if I don't boost them, someone else will, so the only loss is mine. But if I don't load a neighbor's ship, then I'm holding up their entire process - they're likely to not get as much just because I didn't sign on in a timely fashion.

I've decided that there are 3 possible groups of people who can be happy with the ships the way they are now.

EITHER:

1. You're exceptionally sturdy psychologically OR
2. You're able and willing to sign on a lot throughout the day OR
3. You have at least a few sociopathic/narcissistic tendencies

I like playing the ships and I'm not tellin' which category I fall into. :D

Fireball
Jan 04 2017, 01:09 PM
Rosee, I am now down to 87 neighbors because of the ships. You might consided me for a neighbor as I am now looking for a couple of good players.

Fireball
Jan 04 2017, 01:11 PM
LOL, love it Susan. Guess 'm all three

redjade27
Jan 04 2017, 01:18 PM
Any chance there will be a change in being able load one ship in a 24 hour period. I have 4 that need loading. I just sent one out and I have to wait 5 hours to start another one, by then I might have another one come in. It is impossible to keep 7 ships loaded and sailing. I just want to load them and send them.

jfedwards
Jan 04 2017, 02:26 PM
i wish there was someway when we have an unknown ship that is at our port that we could remove it or pass it or something... its been last 1 sitting for maybe 3 days and it dont have a spot to skip it and let me take what was loaded.. i have to wait the 3 days for it to be at port..all because of an unknown person... maybe someone i unfriended cause they hadnt played ft in a yr or more.. :(

Farmer_Susan
Jan 04 2017, 02:34 PM
LOL, love it Susan. Guess 'm all three

Ha! That works, too. :)

artbee
Jan 04 2017, 03:03 PM
I have ships not trains, as I don't buy online. I might only do a few containers before sending my ship off. I think is to choose a quite day day to do it like when watching sport during ads or just do some in the morning or evening.

dchasse
Jan 04 2017, 03:14 PM
I noticed my ship containers that have left ports have 0 products, hope this is yet another glitch for the ships, I loaded all the crates, after leaving a port shows nothing being loaded, I have lost neighbors and "friends" over these ships, guess I won't send another out until the problems are solved Sticking to the trains, less problems and you can choose who you want to send it to.

Taz D
Jan 04 2017, 03:32 PM
I noticed my ship containers that have left ports have 0 products, hope this is yet another glitch for the ships, I loaded all the crates, after leaving a port shows nothing being loaded, I have lost neighbors and "friends" over these ships, guess I won't send another out until the problems are solved Sticking to the trains, less problems and you can choose who you want to send it to.
Hi dchasse,
Do those ports have a grey background? If they do those are ports you skipped and you don't get any goods when you skip a port.

corogirl
Jan 05 2017, 12:56 AM
As a psychologist, this kind of thing fascinates me, and I'm the same way, btw. Signing on like an ADDICT to see if I have a ship in my port - not worrying nearly so much about the trains. For me, it's like I don't want to be seen as a "bad neighbor". With trains, if I don't boost them, someone else will, so the only loss is mine. But if I don't load a neighbor's ship, then I'm holding up their entire process - they're likely to not get as much just because I didn't sign on in a timely fashion.

I've decided that there are 3 possible groups of people who can be happy with the ships the way they are now.

EITHER:

I hate the ships so I have none of the above tendencies lol. I have tried them again but they are such a pain I have decided to put them all in storage as soon as they get back home. I will continue to send them on but no way am I going to make a special visit to FT to check.

corogirl
Jan 05 2017, 01:03 AM
30 Ports with no skips!

I got mine to port 30 in 2.5 days with no skips. It's now been sitting at port 30 for 3 days. The lady is on holiday which is great, I plan on going on holiday soon so I guess some other farmer will have to wait it out if it gets to me at port 30. I hate the ships BTW. I have had people ask me if I know so and so's login so I can move their stupid ship. This is the worst thing the dev's have come up with since I started playing in 2009. I am about to give up altogether... Yes it's that bad.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 05 2017, 06:16 AM
How does someone who is not my neighbor (I checked) I am not their neighbor (I checked) not on my buddy list (I checked) and not a FB friend of mine send a ship to my port?

LazyMare
Jan 05 2017, 06:28 AM
How does someone who is not my neighbor (I checked) I am not their neighbor (I checked) not on my buddy list (I checked) and not a FB friend of mine send a ship to my port?

Hi Dr Dirt

Do you see their avatar?
You had to have had them as friend at some point.
People do change both their avatar and FB account names which may be why you don't recognise who they are.

Can you find them in your My Neighbours tab at the top of the game? Am presuming that they kept you as a neighbour.

What does the blue button under their avatar tell you your relationship is?
If you don't wish to receive ships from them, use that blue button under their avatar photo in your Seaport Manager to visit their farm, then the toolbox icon on the bottom-left of their farm to remove yourself as their buddy then remove yourself from their neighbours.

Hope that helps

Dr. Dirt
Jan 05 2017, 07:16 AM
Hi Dr Dirt

Do you see their avatar?
You had to have had them as friend at some point.
People do change both their avatar and FB account names which may be why you don't recognise who they are.

Can you find them in your My Neighbours tab at the top of the game? Am presuming that they kept you as a neighbour.

What does the blue button under their avatar tell you your relationship is?
If you don't wish to receive ships from them, use that blue button under their avatar photo in your Seaport Manager to visit their farm, then the toolbox icon on the bottom-left of their farm to remove yourself as their buddy then remove yourself from their neighbours.

Hope that helps

Went to their farm and chose remove myself as neighbor. It said I wasn't their neighbor. I went to the my neighbors and looked for their name and pic as it was presented at my port. It wasn't there. Looked at the neighbor list at the bottom of my farm not there either.

LazyMare
Jan 05 2017, 07:22 AM
Went to their farm and chose remove myself as neighbor. It said I wasn't their neighbor. I went to the my neighbors and looked for their name and pic as it was presented at my port. It wasn't there. Looked at the neighbor list at the bottom of my farm not there either.

Hi again :)

In the Neighbours Tab you'd need to look by activity or by name rather than by default.
They shouldn't show in your neighbours at the bottom of the farm

When you visited, did you also click the remove from buddy list?

Dr. Dirt
Jan 05 2017, 07:42 AM
Hi again :)

In the Neighbours Tab you'd need to look by activity or by name rather than by default.
They shouldn't show in your neighbours at the bottom of the farm

When you visited, did you also click the remove from buddy list?

Did all that you said before my last post. I have no one in my buddy list. A real head scratcher. :)

LazyMare
Jan 05 2017, 07:47 AM
Did all that you said before my last post. I have no one in my buddy list. A real head scratcher. :)

Yep, bit of a mystery

It's their buddy/neighbour list that would make you a stop on their itinerary rather than your buddy/neighbour list
But you do have to have had some FT link at some point

Maybe lump the ''who the Dickens are they?s'' in our Seaport Managers together in a yellow submarine with the Port Unknowns on our Ships Itineraries and send them all off on a "Magical Mystery Tour'' :)

Dr. Dirt
Jan 05 2017, 08:37 AM
Yep, bit of a mystery

It's their buddy/neighbour list that would make you a stop on their itinerary rather than your buddy/neighbour list
But you do have to have had some FT link at some point

Maybe lump the ''who the Dickens are they?s'' in our Seaport Managers together in a yellow submarine with the Port Unknowns on our Ships Itineraries and send them all off on a "Magical Mystery Tour'' :)

LOL Must be on their buddy list. If they come in my port again I'll have to remember to go by their farm and check. Thanks for the help. :)

BobG184
Jan 05 2017, 09:10 AM
I have a ship stuck in my last port (an inactive neighbor) how do I get it to move? BobG184

Tiger
Jan 05 2017, 09:42 AM
I have a ship stuck in my last port (an inactive neighbor) how do I get it to move? BobG184

Hi BobG184,

I'm sorry but at this time you can not skip the last port. This might be changed in a future release. They will have to load the ship or it will return to you once the 7 days are up.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 05 2017, 09:45 AM
I hate the ships so I have none of the above tendencies lol. I have tried them again but they are such a pain I have decided to put them all in storage as soon as they get back home. I will continue to send them on but no way am I going to make a special visit to FT to check.

You're just a different kind of "psychologically sturdy". ;)

MrsParker
Jan 05 2017, 02:04 PM
EITHER:

I'm none of the three choices! I can't often log in and I feel just terrible about it. I might have to fire off an angry letter to SlashKey illustrating my distress over this 'feature'.

ftjill
Jan 05 2017, 04:45 PM
I'm happy with the ships. Free products with minimal effort. Of course sometimes the ships sit in a port forever (well it feels like that lol) but after 24 hours I just skip them. And sometimes a ship comes in ahead of schedule (big shout out to all who moved the cargo quickly :) )

The best part for me is all the discussion - hours of entertainment.

And the curiosity about where the devs are going to take the ship feature. Each time I log on I wonder if and what the ship developments might be. I will spend FC for the container manager when it comes out...and then...wait for it...commenters will say stuff like 'I can't believe we have to pay FC for that!' :) :) :)

Farmer_Susan
Jan 05 2017, 08:03 PM
I'm none of the three choices! I can't often log in and I feel just terrible about it. I might have to fire off an angry letter to SlashKey illustrating my distress over this 'feature'.

Yep! The 3 choices are for people who are happy (enough) with the ships. You're NOT happy with them so it makes sense that you don't fall into any of those categories. ;)

Farmer_Susan
Jan 05 2017, 08:05 PM
I'm happy with the ships. Free products with minimal effort.

Yeah - I was thinking about this earlier today. For people who are complaining that they don't have time to sign in so much during the day, they could still load maybe one container in the morning before they start their day and - if they wanted - another one in the evening. That would only be 2 of the 10 containers but, on the other hand, it's free stuff you get for VERY little effort.

ftjill
Jan 05 2017, 08:16 PM
I admit that most of the time my ships only have 3 loaded containers. Those 3 containers have the products I most need - and if I get a chance to load a few more - that's a bonus I wasn't expecting. I usually load one container in the morning and the remaining two in the evening. Free stuff that really helps me for very little effort. :)

Poppy559
Jan 06 2017, 03:19 AM
I personally love the ships. As a result of the ships, I have had to get a whole lot of new and active neighbours, which has also been wonderful as I love meeting new people. I have removed all the inactive players, and replaced them with new ones.

Something everyone needs to remember though is that we all live in the real world where we have responsibilities. I cannot be on FT 24 hours a day, and I respect that my neigbours cant either. I load my containers on the week end and at night when I am home and have the time, and I check in on them now and again. I will go mad if I have to sit and obsess where the ships are. Similarly, I move the ships in my port when I log on. I cant obsess about ships in my port.

The ships are a lovely extra, especially since they don't cost real money and it pains me when I read all the rude posts.

gardening girl
Jan 06 2017, 03:44 AM
I love the ships too, they are a great addition to the game. People just need to remember that we do need to sleep so a wait of 7 or 8 hours (or even 12 hours) is not unreasonable. I confess to checking FT first thing in the morning, before breakfast, drink my tomato juice while I check my quests, co-op quests and now my ships Also last thing at night, must be an addict.....But real life does come before a game, lol. It is really good that we can "skip port" especially when we get a "port unknown" or know that a neighbour is not interested. Can't understand why some players are so negative, they need to chill out and enjoy the game for what it is and be grateful to have it.

Palmarina
Jan 06 2017, 04:31 AM
Hi, I have a question while we are waiting for the new release of the ships: is there a temporary trick or workaround to opt out of the ships at this moment? I do not intend to get rid of my neighbours, just wanted to know if there is a workaround. I already put a message on my timeline asking my FT-friends to skip my farm. But nobody saw it I think :-(

LazyMare
Jan 06 2017, 04:39 AM
Hi, I have a question while we are waiting for the new release of the ships: is there a temporary trick or workaround to opt out of the ships at this moment? I do not intend to get rid of my neighbours, just wanted to know if there is a workaround. I already put a message on my timeline asking my FT-friends to skip my farm. But nobody saw it I think :-(

Hi Palmarina

It's up to your friends and neighbours to skip your port if they feel their Ships have been waiting for too long. and once the new ability to swap some neighbours around is introduced, am sure some will remove you from their itinerary and add someone else if they have had to skip you repeatedly. Each container you fill in your Seaport Manager when you are playing and able to help out, earns you 500 coins. There have been several suggestions of means of opting out but nothing has been said by the Developpers so far.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 06 2017, 07:05 AM
I personally love the ships. As a result of the ships, I have had to get a whole lot of new and active neighbours, which has also been wonderful as I love meeting new people. I have removed all the inactive players, and replaced them with new ones.

Something everyone needs to remember though is that we all live in the real world where we have responsibilities. I cannot be on FT 24 hours a day, and I respect that my neigbours cant either. I load my containers on the week end and at night when I am home and have the time, and I check in on them now and again. I will go mad if I have to sit and obsess where the ships are. Similarly, I move the ships in my port when I log on. I cant obsess about ships in my port.

The ships are a lovely extra, especially since they don't cost real money and it pains me when I read all the rude posts.

Yep. Definitely psychologically sturdy. To be able to say, "This is how I'm going to do it and I can't worry about the rest." Awesome. :)

I don't like the rude posts either. Definitely NOT psychologically sturdy folks! But still a bummer to see. I haven't gotten any of those actually. I suspect I have a pretty nice group of neighbors. But I've read posts others have gotten and they've been pretty hurtful. Frankly? If I got a post like that unless it was someone I really liked and that I knew was overly stressed in their real life so that I was able to cut them some slack, I'd probably manage to lose them as a neighbor. I just don't want to be treated that way. Nope, I don't.

I also liked your comments about making new friends and clearing out inactive players. I've thought that's been a neat thing the ships have done, too. I'm seeing the benefits in other aspects of the game as well.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 06 2017, 07:08 AM
The best part for me is all the discussion - hours of entertainment.

I KNOW!!!!! Coming to the Forum and checking the new posts that have come in about the ships has become part of my routine and I love it, too. I've got to get back to my "real life" eventually but it's been wonderful to sort of immerse myself in Farmtown the past few weeks - including being more active in the Forum.

david1323
Jan 06 2017, 12:16 PM
I believe that most people who play this game are wonderful people and only a few have stressed out about the ships. Rather than looking at the few, I choose to look at all my wonderful neighbors who have been calm and not gotten upset. :)

Farmer_Susan
Jan 06 2017, 01:44 PM
I believe that most people who play this game are wonderful people and only a few have stressed out about the ships. Rather than looking at the few, I choose to look at all my wonderful neighbors who have been calm and not gotten upset. :)

A-yup. :)

gardening girl
Jan 06 2017, 05:01 PM

Where do you find the ships logbook on your neighbours farm? Looked but can't find it.

Joyinlife
Jan 06 2017, 05:38 PM
Is there a way to pick the friends you want your ships to go to? Friends you KNOW are working ports. Half the names on my list I do not know and I have to do a LOT of skips.:confused:

I do not get friends at my ports. I also do not see my name on my list as suggested by someone. That again goes to the first question.

I am not sending out any more ships until resolved.

Taz D
Jan 06 2017, 06:15 PM
Is there a way to pick the friends you want your ships to go to? Friends you KNOW are working ports. Half the names on my list I do not know and I have to do a LOT of skips.:confused:

I do not get friends at my ports. I also do not see my name on my list as suggested by someone. That again goes to the first question.

I am not sending out any more ships until resolved.
Hi joyinlife,
There is currently no way to pick any of the friends you ships go to. The developers are implementing an update soon to allow you to change out 10 of the people on your port list, but not the entire list.
The people listed for your ships are, at the minimum, your friends and have been recently active. They may also be some you have at one time been neighbors/buddies with and they apparently still have you listed as a neighbor even if you do not have them as neighbors. You can determine which they are by looking under their picture at what the description is. You can also from that go to their farms and using the toolbox icon in lower left area to remove yourself as their neighbor and/or buddy.
If you go to your neighbor's farm and click on a ship then you can look at the ship's logbook for that ship and see where you are on their list for that ship.

jfedwards
Jan 08 2017, 01:54 PM
what is the point in buying all the ships when only difference is amt of time it takes to fill a container as we cant sent them out but 1 every 24 hrs... so other then the goods what account are they to us..i got 2 out and the others setting waiting... that makes them as junk.. why cant they go out like the trains? all or none?

Dulcinea
Jan 08 2017, 02:45 PM
what is the point in buying all the ships when only difference is amt of time it takes to fill a container as we cant sent them out but 1 every 24 hrs... so other then the goods what account are they to us..i got 2 out and the others setting waiting... that makes them as junk.. why cant they go out like the trains? all or none?

You don't have to buy all the ships. Which ones you can get depends on your level and number of neighbors, but you only buy the ones you need.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 08 2017, 03:05 PM

I'm not liking this, either. I bought 7 so I'd be able to launch one each day - but now that we have the Skip Port feature, mine are coming back in around 4 days, which means I always have a few sitting and waiting. I'd like to be able to launch one as soon as it comes back in - like we can with trains. I've suggested this so we'll have to wait and see, I guess. Maybe we'll be able to someday.

Joyinlife
Jan 08 2017, 05:42 PM
Posted by a friend. I could not have said it better:
This is to all my farm town neighbours and friends.....
i'm not gonna sit and stare at the ship manager and wait for a ship to come in.. i do have a life.... if i am home i do check in every few minutes if i can.. sometimes its impossible.... If im not home well then i wont lol...so far no one has complained or given me hassles tho i have ready some posts from other places that well people are going way to far on removing neighbours / unfriending .. it is a game...but if im not getting to ur ship in time for you feel free to remove me...and you will never hear a word from me that ur not sending my ship on soon enough...you do when you do...... right now i send a message that i have a ship in ur port.. soon that will stop as players do get used to this new part of farm town....i remember when it was just farming lol......the end

beautysmom
Jan 08 2017, 11:16 PM
I have to confess that I have skipped some ports, because I know the players are on only occasionally, but by and large, my ships have been clearing in just a few days, and I can see the increase in some of the products that I struggle to keep enough of on hand. So thanks, I like the ships!

Taz D
Jan 08 2017, 11:19 PM
I have to confess that I have skipped some ports, because I know the players are on only occasionally, but by and large, my ships have been clearing in just a few days, and I can see the increase in some of the products that I struggle to keep enough of on hand. So thanks, I like the ships!
Hi Beautysmom,
I moved your post to the General Feedback thread for discussion about the Cargo Ships as you were not asking a question or having a problem with the ships.

LongsleeveSteve
Jan 09 2017, 01:16 AM
OK, since it will take a lot of my time to load the cargo ships and it doesn't matter to you guys if we use this part of the game to enjoy, once all of my ships have returned to my port I will put them into storage and wait until you decide to me more realistic with time management. We can layer crops, ponds, and do other thing to make more coins and other type of profit, but try to make these ship load faster is tiring. I am glad you haven't done nothing to make fishing any harder. I will work other players ships, but I will no longer send my ships out. Of course this doesn't matter to you guys who make the rules. I only wished I could ask more people to boycott this, but then again it's your game not mine.

Tom C
Jan 09 2017, 07:56 AM
The number of ships i am getting at my port has gotten less. I think people are starting to stop sending out ships because of the time needed to load them. I know I will not send any ships out as long at it take 8 to 10 hours to prepare them. I have started to send ships on again from my port, had for a few days even stopped doing that.

dleenorris
Jan 09 2017, 09:28 PM
Well, with the release today (Jan 9) where we cannot load 10 tabs on browser and then only wait 1 hour to dispatch, I find it extremely difficult to do the ships. People are dropping out like flies, which means it will be even more difficult because one will have to skip a lot of people. Hope you will consider getting a tool to start them all at once. I will still do them, but not happy. I won't be making much. But since I already purchased all of them I will do them. Also hope you are still working so that we can pick our own itinerary.

Joyinlife
Jan 10 2017, 02:03 AM
I saw a friend post that she had just come home and found 50 ships in her port. How can that be? I have had 1 (one) the entire time and I check more than twice daily. :(

corogirl
Jan 10 2017, 02:06 AM
I spent about 3/4 hour today trying to explain to a neighbour, how she moved ships on. This neighbour had very limited English ( I think she is Swedish) I got nowhere and she still has no idea, I skipped her port after 5 hours. The ship arrived home and I have put it in storage thank God that is over.

YourManRod
Jan 10 2017, 04:34 AM
i spent about 3/4 hour today trying to explain to a neighbour, how she moved ships on. This neighbour had very limited english ( i think she is swedish) i got nowhere and she still has no idea, i skipped her port after 5 hours. The ship arrived home and i have put it in storage thank god that is over.

they make nice farm decor ~~~~~~ enough said.

Dulcinea
Jan 10 2017, 08:50 AM
People are dropping out like flies, which means it will be even more difficult because one will have to skip a lot of people.

Why would you have to skip people? You don't have to have your own ships launched to send others on their way. Do you have neighbors quitting the game over this?

I had more ships come through my port the first week because many, like me, were trying out a new feature. I haven't sent a ship since because I get what I need from bonuses and working my neighbors' facilities. I don't need the ships/trains. But I still send my neighbors' ships on their way when they come through my port.

Joyinlife
Jan 10 2017, 09:28 AM
Hi joyinlife,
There is currently no way to pick any of the friends you ships go to. The developers are implementing an update soon to allow you to change out 10 of the people on your port list, but not the entire list.
The people listed for your ships are, at the minimum, your friends and have been recently active. They may also be some you have at one time been neighbors/buddies with and they apparently still have you listed as a neighbor even if you do not have them as neighbors. You can determine which they are by looking under their picture at what the description is. You can also from that go to their farms and using the toolbox icon in lower left area to remove yourself as their neighbor and/or buddy.
If you go to your neighbor's farm and click on a ship then you can look at the ship's logbook for that ship and see where you are on their list for that ship.
Thanks, Taz

YourManRod
Jan 10 2017, 09:48 AM
OK, since it will take a lot of my time to load the cargo ships and it doesn't matter to you guys if we use this part of the game to enjoy, once all of my ships have returned to my port I will put them into storage and wait until you decide to me more realistic with time management. We can layer crops, ponds, and do other thing to make more coins and other type of profit, but try to make these ship load faster is tiring. I am glad you haven't done nothing to make fishing any harder. I will work other players ships, but I will no longer send my ships out. Of course this doesn't matter to you guys who make the rules. I only wished I could ask more people to boycott this, but then again it's your game not mine.

I feel the same way you do, I have decided to use mine as farm decor. Was expensive for that but after building a place for them they look nice sitting there doing nothing. A lot of peeps are selling, putting in storage or just as I letting them sit. Better not say any more I might get MODERATED.

Goldenserenity
Jan 10 2017, 12:51 PM
As of today, all of my ships will be heading to storage. I refuse to spend 10 hours a day filling up ship containers. So, I have 3 ships needing to return, and once they arrive, off to storage they go.

Joyinlife
Jan 10 2017, 05:09 PM
I spent about 3/4 hour today trying to explain to a neighbour, how she moved ships on. This neighbour had very limited English ( I think she is Swedish) I got nowhere and she still has no idea, I skipped her port after 5 hours. The ship arrived home and I have put it in storage thank God that is over.

Depending how fast it is going, I can give them up to 8 hours, then I skip. Mine are moving well this time.

sunsetlovera
Jan 10 2017, 05:49 PM
I think if they change it so that you can at least prepare a ship anytime, but only release 1 in a day, a lot more people would be interested in using the ships. Only being able to prepare 1 a day is chaining people to their computers and making them not interested in the ships.

hilda jean ellis
Jan 10 2017, 06:09 PM
the ships weren't to bad to deal with till you took away the ability to load all 10 cars.so since you have removed that option,as soon as my ships return they will go into storage and remain in storage until you give us something to load all 10 containers at once.I love this game but I will not sit here 10 hours a day to load the ships.I have super neighbor farms to tend to and not gonna leave their farm every time to go back to mine to load a container I would be setting here 24 hours and that is not gonna happen.y'all really needed to think this through a lot more than you did.sorry but that is my take on these ships,and if y'all don't do something quick to fix this you are gonna have more ships in storage than you are going to peoples ports.mine has already dropped from around 50 a day down to about 25.so if that's not telling you something you need to replace some folks on the development team.

Taz D
Jan 10 2017, 06:20 PM
the ships weren't to bad to deal with till you took away the ability to load all 10 cars.so since you have removed that option,as soon as my ships return they will go into storage and remain in storage until you give us something to load all 10 containers at once.I love this game but I will not sit here 10 hours a day to load the ships.I have super neighbor farms to tend to and not gonna leave their farm every time to go back to mine to load a container I would be setting here 24 hours and that is not gonna happen.y'all really needed to think this through a lot more than you did.sorry but that is my take on these ships,and if y'all don't do something quick to fix this you are gonna have more ships in storage than you are going to peoples ports.mine has already dropped from around 50 a day down to about 25.so if that's not telling you something you need to replace some folks on the development team.
Hi hilda jean ellis,
I moved your post from suggestions to the general feedback thread about the cargo ships as you did not make a specific suggestion.

Aussie Rae
Jan 10 2017, 06:41 PM
the 24 hrs between starting prep on containers in a new ship is out ... yesterday I started on a ship at 12.15pm today I cannot start until 1.07pm that is more than 24hrs. When I first started with the ships, the starting time was originally around 8am.. its now dragged out to 1pm... my clock etc is correct..

YourManRod
Jan 10 2017, 06:45 PM

1000s feel the same way. A friend let her ship go the system, 7 days, it came back with a whooping 45,250 products. CAN YOU SAY DRY DOCK!

Lady_Catalina
Jan 10 2017, 08:15 PM
I'm afraid the ships are not worth the hassle. I don't have 10 hrs every day to sit around and wait to prep containers. as soon as the two still out come back, they are going into storage. After all the uproar about ships being stuck, FT should have also re-thought the amount of time it takes to load a ship.

TERESA0320
Jan 11 2017, 04:42 PM
This thread is about the CARGO SHIPS

Whoever designed the rules of how the ships works did not think it out clearly! First, I do want to say that it was nice that they can be purchased with coins. But the rules are a disaster.... Second, why didn't you have an OPT OUT option for those who do not want to play the ships? You did for the Funeral Home Facility. Third, we get punished for "skipping" even if it sat at a port for 1.5 days. How is that right? We get punished just because the person is not sailing our ship. They may be on vacation, may work, some people 2 jobs, have to sleep and eat.

Forth, Who has time to sit at the computer and load containers for 10 hours?Now that you have taken away the ability to load them faster by opening tabs. I can almost bet that you will come out with an expensive Farm Cash tool to load the containers that most people will not be able to afford including me!

With this being said I will be putting my ships in storage until we can load containers within an hour (without) having to buy a Farm Cash Tool. Also, being able to send the ships to who we want.

This is a game. But is becoming more and more aboutMONEY! This should be relaxing. You should not be stressed out about buying Farm Cash to play a game. It is hard for some people to even feed their family these days

I hope what I have written here you will take into consideration and get Farm Town people playing more. Many of my neighbors have quit playing because it cost more than they can afford.

Thanks.

Teresa

Taz D
Jan 11 2017, 05:16 PM
This thread is about the CARGO SHIPS

Whoever designed the rules of how the ships works did not think it out clearly! First, I do want to say that it was nice that they can be purchased with coins. But the rules are a disaster.... Second, why didn't you have an OPT OUT option for those who do not want to play the ships? You did for the Funeral Home Facility. Third, we get punished for "skipping" even if it sat at a port for 1.5 days. How is that right? We get punished just because the person is not sailing our ship. They may be on vacation, may work, some people 2 jobs, have to sleep and eat.

Forth, Who has time to sit at the computer and load containers for 10 hours?Now that you have taken away the ability to load them faster by opening tabs. I can almost bet that you will come out with an expensive Farm Cash tool to load the containers that most people will not be able to afford including me!

With this being said I will be putting my ships in storage until we can load containers within an hour (without) having to buy a Farm Cash Tool. Also, being able to send the ships to who we want.

This is a game. But is becoming more and more aboutMONEY! This should be relaxing. You should not be stressed out about buying Farm Cash to play a game. It is hard for some people to even feed their family these days

I hope what I have written here you will take into consideration and get Farm Town people playing more. Many of my neighbors have quit playing because it cost more than they can afford.

Thanks.

Teresa
Hi Teresa,
I have moved your post to the general feedback thread about the cargo ships. If you have suggestions for changing the way the ships are controlled then please put those in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread in that section, but you can reply to a thread that fits your suggestion.

Dulcinea
Jan 11 2017, 06:23 PM
Third, we get punished for "skipping" even if it sat at a port for 1.5 days. How is that right? We get punished just because the person is not sailing our ship. They may be on vacation, may work, some people 2 jobs, have to sleep and eat.

Not to play devil's advocate here, but it only makes sense if you bypass a port, you won't get any goods from it. It's not like someone's throwing your cargo overboard. You just didn't pick up anything new because nothing was loaded.

Muffie1943
Jan 11 2017, 08:05 PM
I have just sold all 7 of my cargo ships, including those that were currently circulating within the game. I am totally fed up with them being ignored by other players, which effectively leaves them stranded at a port for up to 24 hours. Even with sending a reminder through the game to specific players, they are not following through. So as for the programmers who came up with this ideas, you screwed up big time w
hen designing this feature. As far as I can see, it has just been a major failure and has cost me a lot of coins than I could have used for something else in the game that would have been more beneficial.

I'm waiting to hopefully be able to treat the Cargo Ships as we can dispatch the trains - in the same way. The trains are much more logical. I, too, am disgusted at the way the cargo ships get stuck and I have to skip a port because a cargo ship has been there for 14 hours!! I don't know what side of the world many of my neighbors live on and I don't see why Slashkey can't fix this to work like Trains work!! So sorry you lost so many coins too.

Aussie Rae
Jan 11 2017, 10:30 PM
so now my neighbors are posting that they won't be sending out ships and won't be clicking on any that land in their Seaport Manager... too bad if they are already on our ships list of ports of call.. we just have to suck it up and lose the goods for that port. Lesson learned.

christophercilley
Jan 12 2017, 01:17 AM
What is the 'rule' if I'm not able to get on FT (or the internet for that matter) for several days and neighbors ships WILL get stuck in my port! The opting out, or the limiting which neighbors I send my ship(s) to, should be in my control, not the games overall rules.
Also I saw someone commented inferring the skipping a port also costs us goods. the reduction of goods from additional ports isn't a good thing and doesn't reflect how life in the real world works. Making the containers on the ships to reflect the same as the trains is a much more reasonable, rather than taking hours and hours seems ridiculous!
Let's keep the game enjoyable.

Taz D
Jan 12 2017, 09:36 AM
What is the 'rule' if I'm not able to get on FT (or the internet for that matter) for several days and neighbors ships WILL get stuck in my port! The opting out, or the limiting which neighbors I send my ship(s) to, should be in my control, not the games overall rules.
Also I saw someone commented inferring the skipping a port also costs us goods. the reduction of goods from additional ports isn't a good thing and doesn't reflect how life in the real world works. Making the containers on the ships to reflect the same as the trains is a much more reasonable, rather than taking hours and hours seems ridiculous!
Let's keep the game enjoyable.
Hi christophercilley,
If you are not able to get on then yes a neighbor's ship will be stuck in the port until you get on or they skip your port. Skipping a port does not cost you goods, but you do not receive any goods for that port. None are removed from what is already in the containers.

christophercilley
Jan 12 2017, 07:22 PM
I realize that I won't lose any cargo I already have, but Then why does it say at the NEXT port the goods will be decreased.

Taz D
Jan 12 2017, 07:48 PM
I realize that I won't lose any cargo I already have, but Then why does it say at the NEXT port the goods will be decreased.
Hi Christopher,
It says that because your total for the trip does decrease, because you skipped that port. The next port has to load the amount for the skipped port.

Lady_Catalina
Jan 13 2017, 05:04 AM
A Famous person once said "ask me for anything but time". I don't think anyone but Taz reads the suggestions. But charge us coins or fuel to load the trips, because many of CANNOT give you ten hours out of our day to load containers and prep these ships.

Petticoat Junction Debbie
Jan 13 2017, 09:28 AM
I want to thank you for being able to load anywhere that did help but loading time is awful and I think we need something that gives us a list or the computer a list of people that actually want to load ships something we can choose to participate or not and then the ones that choose to participate those are the ports are ships go to.....JMO......We need to rethink the ships so they are fun and not a stressful burden otherwise noone will do them even FC rewards would be incentative ...We need more things to earn FC.....Thank you for listening....

Petticoat Junction Debbie
Jan 13 2017, 09:38 AM
you can prepare 1 ship a day 7 ships and keep them rolling is why more then one ship....but this is very time consuming and keeps you glued to the pc which is not fun :(

marymarcel
Jan 13 2017, 09:41 AM
I want to thank you for being able to load anywhere that did help but loading time is awful and I think we need something that gives us a list or the computer a list of people that actually want to load ships something we can choose to participate or not and then the ones that choose to participate those are the ports are ships go to.....JMO......We need to rethink the ships so they are fun and not a stressful burden otherwise noone will do them even FC rewards would be incentative ...We need more things to earn FC.....Thank you for listening....

Hi Petticoat Junction Debbie:)

Please post your ideas in our Suggestion Section so the developers can read them.

This is the link to the thread for suggestions for trains and ships

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595066

Thank you!

Edmo
Jan 13 2017, 05:48 PM
We shouldn't be penalized with fewer products if we skip a port because a neighbor decided not play farm town for a few days. Why should I lose products if the neighbor decided to go vacation, for example? My position is that if a neighbor stops all of a sudden playing or ignoring my ship, I remove him as neighbor and unfriend him, too, so that in the future I don't have this kind of problems. I have removed a few neighbors already. In one instance, my blue ship stayed at some neighbors port for over 2 days, and when I saw him being in his farm I messaged him to load my ship. He ignored the message and did not respond back to me, and did not load the ship. I removed him from my neighbor list and unfriended him right away. All this would not have happened if I was not penalized for the skipping of port. The developers must stop penalizing us for things that are beyond our ability.

Taz D
Jan 13 2017, 06:02 PM
We shouldn't be penalized with fewer products if we skip a port because a neighbor decided not play farm town for a few days. Why should I lose products if the neighbor decided to go vacation, for example? My position is that if a neighbor stops all of a sudden playing or ignoring my ship, I remove him as neighbor and unfriend him, too, so that in the future I don't have this kind of problems. I have removed a few neighbors already. In one instance, my blue ship stayed at some neighbors port for over 2 days, and when I saw him being in his farm I messaged him to load my ship. He ignored the message and did not respond back to me, and did not load the ship. I removed him from my neighbor list and unfriended him right away. All this would not have happened if I was not penalized for the skipping of port. The developers must stop penalizing us for things that are beyond our ability.
Hi Edmo,
I moved your post to the General Feedback thread to discuss the cargo ships as you were not posting a specific problem or question about your cargo ships.

Edmo
Jan 14 2017, 12:14 PM
Hi Edmo,
I moved your post to the General Feedback thread to discuss the cargo ships as you were not posting a specific problem or question about your cargo ships.

Thank you Taz!

billybhouy92
Jan 14 2017, 05:29 PM
i for one will not be sending anymore ships out missed the depart time by 30 mins get told have to start prep again that is a joke not only that one of my ships was docked at a farm for over 20hrs had to skip then it gets held up on another farm for hrs on end not happy

Taz D
Jan 14 2017, 05:36 PM
i for one will not be sending anymore ships out missed the depart time by 30 mins get told have to start prep again that is a joke not only that one of my ships was docked at a farm for over 20hrs had to skip then it gets held up on another farm for hrs on end not happy
Hi billybhouy,
I moved your post from Suggestions to the General Feedback thread about Cargo Ships as you were not making a suggestion.

garylr
Jan 14 2017, 08:48 PM
playing SHIPS is causing me to resent spending time with this game. Don't any of the developers play this game. They must know the delays with ships and ports that are so frustrating.

Tom C
Jan 14 2017, 10:26 PM
I have always wondered how many of them play, they would have to play to some degree to know how everything works. I have also wondered if there was a test group that got to try the new stuff first and see how it worked and report back on problems.

Aussie Rae
Jan 14 2017, 11:55 PM
one good thing about this preparation time for the ships, its taught me to use the Alarms & Clocks app on Windows 10, and to use the Timer setting, set it to 45 mins when prep starts, when a new container starts prep, just hit the reset arrow on the Timer and no need to worry about forgetting to check.. :)

ladydiva0
Jan 15 2017, 09:29 AM
I think slashkey is trying to punish us by skipping ports. I have put 3 ships back in play after putting them in storage and the 30th on all 3 is neighbors that I've had to skip. Can 3 be a coincidence?

Dulcinea
Jan 15 2017, 11:10 AM
I think slashkey is trying to punish us by skipping ports. I have put 3 ships back in play after putting them in storage and the 30th on all 3 is neighbors that I've had to skip. Can 3 be a coincidence?

No, not a coincidence. Less active/helpful neighbors are placed at the bottom, so it would make port 30 would be neighbors you've have to skip.

ladydiva0
Jan 15 2017, 11:15 AM
No, not a coincidence. Less active/helpful neighbors are placed at the bottom, so it would make port 30 would be neighbors you've have to skip.
These two are not the least active, they are the ports I had to skip before my ships went into storage. I'm not a dummy I know how it suppose to work, the least active are your last ports but like I said they are not the least active but the only ports I had to skip. So like I said slashkey is putting the neighbors we SKIP at the bottom. My thought they want to SELL TOOLS !

Taz D
Jan 15 2017, 11:21 AM
I actually have more than 30 very active neighbors that send gifts, work my farms, quests and do the cargo ships but the 2 that I have had to skip have shown up on my last 3 ships I sent out as the 30th neighbor. They weren't on the bottom until I brought my ships out of storage. Not a coincidence is questionable !
HI ladydiva,
There aren't any Slashkey people sitting there and picking your itineraries. It is done by the computer program that looks first at the neighbors in the Activity log under your farms and then fills in the rest of the list with those most active in your list of neighbors. Apparently that neighbor is active but not doing the ships and that is why they end up on your itineraries.

ladydiva0
Jan 15 2017, 12:03 PM
HI ladydiva,
There aren't any Slashkey people sitting there and picking your itineraries. It is done by the computer program that looks first at the neighbors in the Activity log under your farms and then fills in the rest of the list with those most active in your list of neighbors. Apparently that neighbor is active but not doing the ships and that is why they end up on your itineraries.

Exactly, that's my point. The ports we skipped are recognized by the program and placed at the last port forcing us to stay out 7 days. I will put mine back in storage until it's more user freindly like the trains.

Sayso
Jan 15 2017, 12:16 PM
I have been trying out the cargo ships. Preparing the containers takes too much time for those of us who don't/can't play 24 hours a day. So on my day off I spend most of yesterday afternoon, all evening, and a couple of hours this morning preparing containers. And when I dispatched the ship it wiped out all the work I did and I'm right back with that ship where I was yesterday. A lot of time and effort for nothing. Another issue is that you can't chose who you would like to send your ship to. I have neighbors who might play every 3rd or 4th day and some who don't play for a month at a time. To send my ship to there port is counterproductive. And yes I know we can skip them but then you forfeit product/coins. I am honestly thinking that the cargo ships aren't for me.

Taz D
Jan 15 2017, 12:50 PM
Exactly, that's my point. The ports we skipped are recognized by the program and placed at the last port forcing us to stay out 7 days. I will put mine back in storage until it's more user freindly like the trains.
Hi ladydiva,
The program does not check to see who you skipped. Only thing it checks is to find the most recently active neighbors. If a neighbor you skip is active recently then they go on your list.
When they release the ability to exchange up to 10 on the list then you can remove that one.

Dulcinea
Jan 15 2017, 03:05 PM
These two are not the least active, they are the ports I had to skip before my ships went into storage. I'm not a dummy I know how it suppose to work, the least active are your last ports but like I said they are not the least active but the only ports I had to skip. So like I said slashkey is putting the neighbors we SKIP at the bottom. My thought they want to SELL TOOLS !

When I said "least active," I meant the ones who help you the least. Isn't the port order based upon those who work our facilities, send us gifts, send our ships on their way, etc.? Well, if that's the case, skipping someone's port because they didn't send your ship on the way should put them lower down on your itinerary.

ladydiva0
Jan 15 2017, 04:51 PM
When I said "least active," I meant the ones who help you the least. Isn't the port order based upon those who work our facilities, send us gifts, send our ships on their way, etc.? Well, if that's the case, skipping someone's port because they didn't send your ship on the way should put them lower down on your itinerary.

Geez, I stated my opinion in a general discussion and you want to keep debating. My ships are going back to storage. I'm done.

Dulcinea
Jan 15 2017, 07:23 PM
Gerz, I stated my opinion in a general discussion and you want to keep debating. My ships are going back to storage. I'm done.

Hmmm. I guess you don't see that I was agreeing with you. While I can't say it's deliberately done for the reasons you stated, I think it's been a no-brainer since the beginning that a FC tool would follow. I'm guessing it'll be something along the lines of a "Load All" button, being as they eliminated the ability to load all containers simultaneously in different tabs.

But as far as the itinerary goes, as Taz said, the ability to switch out ten ports is coming soon, so maybe you'll want to give the ships another go then. :)

Aussie Rae
Jan 16 2017, 03:29 AM
"coming next week" its a bit like "the cheques in the mail" LOL

isamarie
Jan 16 2017, 07:36 AM
it was good if we could choose the neighbours where the ships go, i had a neihgbour angry with me, telling me to stop sending my ships to her port, coz her farm is small and she doesnt know what my ships are geting out of her farm, i told her my ships dont get nothing from her farm but she gets 500coins for each container on the ship and i have no control to wish ports the ship goes, i told her the only thing i can do is if i m online and i see that the ship is on her port i will skip it but i to have no more trouble i just remove her from my neighbour

rwfolds
Jan 16 2017, 07:38 PM
Ships are not working. People who play every couple of months sends you a gift and then you are stuck with them. I am not sending out any more ships. People are frustrating.

PNELLA
Jan 17 2017, 07:53 PM
Why do we have to have non-friends ships arrive in our ports for us to boost? We cannot work a non-friend's farms so why do we have to bother with their ships? I followed the procedure to remove myself from their neighbor list but I STILL receive their ships time after time. ENOUGH!!!!!!

Taz D
Jan 17 2017, 09:10 PM
Why do we have to have non-friends ships arrive in our ports for us to boost? We cannot work a non-friend's farms so why do we have to bother with their ships? I followed the procedure to remove myself from their neighbor list but I STILL receive their ships time after time. ENOUGH!!!!!!
Hi Pnella,
Are you sure you don't have this person still as a friend? You removed yourself from their neighbors list, but did you check to make sure you are not on their buddy list as well?
When you make changes like this it takes a while for those changes to take effect. There is also a possiblity that you were already on their itinerary for those ships before you removed yourself, so once they dispatch new ships then you should not be on their list.

PNELLA
Jan 17 2017, 09:39 PM
Taz,
I have received ships from this same person at least 4 different times. I have done everything you suggested to remove her and today I had two more of her ships. I sent a message saying that she should skip my port as I had far too many ships to boost from friends not to mention the non-friends and the nasty replies from her make working non-member ships a DEFINITE NEVER AGAIN from me.

Taz D
Jan 17 2017, 09:50 PM
Taz,
I have received ships from this same person at least 4 different times. I have done everything you suggested to remove her and today I had two more of her ships. I sent a message saying that she should skip my port as I had far too many ships to boost from friends not to mention the non-friends and the nasty replies from her make working non-member ships a DEFINITE NEVER AGAIN from me.
Hi Pnella,
There are 7 different ships, so it is possible that you will still get ships from this person until she redispatches her ships. The itineraries that are already created don't change, until the ship returns and then is dispatched again.

Aussie Rae
Jan 18 2017, 03:17 AM
started my 10th container, also set my timer... the game flipped the ship container back to show nothing started but my timer shows it only had 32 minutes to go.. now I have to wait for 45 mins again.. hope it doesn't jump back to non start mode again.. not impressed. Not game to X out of the prep window now... will have to leave it open til it reaches 100%. this is the first time this has happened to me.. but I believe it has happened to others..

garylr
Jan 18 2017, 10:11 PM
Really frustrating. While loading the ship and leaving it with several hours remaining to return and be told that time has expired and I need to start over. Are the times now different for different colored ships? The orange ship said I have 24 hours, the Blue said I had 12 hours.

Taz D
Jan 18 2017, 10:17 PM
Really frustrating. While loading the ship and leaving it with several hours remaining to return and be told that time has expired and I need to start over. Are the times now different for different colored ships? The orange ship said I have 24 hours, the Blue said I had 12 hours.
Hi garylr,
The times have not changed. You still have 24 hours from the time you click the Prepare Ship button. You can only prepare the containers on one ship at a time and one container at a time. If the Blue said you had 12 hours left then you must have clicked the Prepare Ship button 12 hours before.

wvagirl1
Jan 19 2017, 04:23 PM
I very seldom post here but I read a lot of posts. Regarding the ships, anytime you have to depend on other people you end up with a lot of problems.
Also, I don't like it that I have to lose product just because someone doesn't work the ships and I have to skip the port. I will work ships that come to me but I have put mine in storage. I hope that things will improve.

rondiddle
Jan 20 2017, 07:10 AM
I would like to see the ships be on the same hours as farm town. A day in farmtown is 20 hours, why are the ships 24? Those 4 hours would help us in time management for waiting to load the next ship.

marymarcel
Jan 20 2017, 09:39 AM
I very seldom post here but I read a lot of posts. Regarding the ships, anytime you have to depend on other people you end up with a lot of problems.
Also, I don't like it that I have to lose product just because someone doesn't work the ships and I have to skip the port. I will work ships that come to me but I have put mine in storage. I hope that things will improve.

I would like to see the ships be on the same hours as farm town. A day in farmtown is 20 hours, why are the ships 24? Those 4 hours would help us in time management for waiting to load the next ship.

Hi wvagirl1 and rondiddle :)

If you have ideas for the ships, please post them in our Suggestion section to let the developers read them.

You cant start a new thread there but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your suggestions.

Here is the link to that section:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

cactuzlady
Jan 20 2017, 09:54 PM
.............if I could make a suggestion that might
solve some of the problems folks are having.....perhaps an "opt out" of the ships might stop the ships from docking at ports where people just refuse to click them on..................my latest ship came back nearly empty because of non participation................

Taz D
Jan 20 2017, 10:03 PM
.............if I could make a suggestion that might
solve some of the problems folks are having.....perhaps an "opt out" of the ships might stop the ships from docking at ports where people just refuse to click them on..................my latest ship came back nearly empty because of non participation................
Hi Cactuzlady,
If you wish to make a suggestion then please post it in the Suggestions section and not in General Feedback. You cannot start a new thread in that section, but you can reply to one that fits for your suggestion.
However, I will say that many have made that suggestion already.

VickStix
Jan 21 2017, 02:58 AM
I had all 10 cargo's full and I went to send my ship and it tells me that FT is down for maintenance. I sure hope I don't have to start it all over again, or I'm really going to be so ******. You put up an announcement 3 or 4 hours before, so how in the heck are we supposed to send out a ship that has spaces left to fill, when it takes a total of at LEAST 10 hours to finish, and you make us WAIT an hour for each one??? I knew it was going to be close, and sure enough, it turned out, that it finished right at midnight my time, and the maintenance wouldn't let me send it. :mad::mad::mad:

You should make the maintenance announcements sooner. And you should also let us finish filling our ship up, if you're about to go down for maintenance, and we've already started them.

I have 7 ships, so I have to send them exactly 24 hours apart, or I just have empty ones sitting there. I had two come back early this week. And NOW, I'm probably going to have to start this one all over again, because of maintenance, so I'm going to have 4 empty ones now. :mad::mad::mad:

al_bundy
Jan 21 2017, 03:44 AM
its back up now

sadly maintainence has to happen from time to time and will affect someone

just the nature of IT

Hyacinth Bucket
Jan 21 2017, 05:04 PM
Wondering what happens when one of my ships is at another port for nearly 2 days without being filled & sent on? It's the last port of call so I can't bypass it unfortunately.

Will it eventually come home when the time is up for that ship or will I miss out on all that product, time & effort I made to start it a week ago???

Tiger
Jan 21 2017, 05:14 PM
Wondering what happens when one of my ships is at another port for nearly 2 days without being filled & sent on? It's the last port of call so I can't bypass it unfortunately.

Will it eventually come home when the time is up for that ship or will I miss out on all that product, time & effort I made to start it a week ago???

Hi Hyacinth,

If the farm owner doesn't load the products then it will remain there until the 7 days are up. After that it will return to you with whatever products were loaded at previous ports.

Hyacinth Bucket
Jan 21 2017, 06:10 PM
That's good to know, thank you Tiger.

Tiger
Jan 21 2017, 06:28 PM
That's good to know, thank you Tiger.

you are welcome Hyacinth :)

Tom Vennard
Jan 22 2017, 05:58 AM
hi summerlad,
no the ships are not operational yet. You will find all the current information about them in the latest release thread in the news and announcements section.when will we get to choose what neighbors get to load our ships?

Taz D
Jan 22 2017, 10:09 AM
when will we get to choose what neighbors get to load our ships?
Hi Tom,
Only the developers know when they will be able to release the change to allow us to change some of the neighbors ports. They don't give us advanced notice of when things will be released. Only thing you can do is watch the current release.

Sylentiger
Jan 22 2017, 11:30 AM
I've been playing this game for 7 years and trust me when I say the devs here are the best. They have spoiled us rotten and there are no other games out there that treat their players as well as these men and women do here.

I agree 1000% with you, all these cry babies who did not start when this was an ONE FARM game and none of the factories, trains or other goodies we have.
I LOVE :p the idea of the ships.
I just see that some players can not be happy with what they have without causing themselves :mad: STRESS and being :( crybabies.

Edmo
Jan 22 2017, 01:59 PM

In order to gain all the products from our ships, our neighbors must be regular daily players. Otherwise if our ships get stuck in the port of a neighbor who plays once in a blue moon, then we lose products. I had this experience today when one of my ships came back with 1/5 of the products it would have loaded if 1 of my neighbors did not take her 3 days to visit FT.

I just removed that person from the neighbor list and then unfriended her. I could have just skipped her port, which I have done in the past, but the system would have her in the port list of the next ship, which leaves me with the same problem. So until FT enables us to replace inactive farmers with active ones, I will be unfriending neighbors.

SammieM
Jan 23 2017, 10:45 AM
I have been doing the ships-loading and helping others move their ships along.

Currently I am having a few problems with the ships and I think it might be a glitch on my account? One of the neighbors ships is not showing up in my port and when he tries to skip me, it doesn't work-and it's been days. I'd like to help, but I can't click if I don't have the ship there. This glitch seems to have started after the two hour maintenance. I've tried clearing the memcache and rebooting. I've also tried different browsers and still cannot see his ship.

On a different note, I support the idea of selecting the neighbors who get the cargo on my own. I have some neighbors who choose not to move my ships but we do the cooperative quests. There are some neighbors who I have never seen on my ship list but they also do the quests and send daily gifts. It would be nice to send them the ships.

Taz D
Jan 23 2017, 11:09 AM
I have been doing the ships-loading and helping others move their ships along.

Currently I am having a few problems with the ships and I think it might be a glitch on my account? One of the neighbors ships is not showing up in my port and when he tries to skip me, it doesn't work-and it's been days. I'd like to help, but I can't click if I don't have the ship there. This glitch seems to have started after the two hour maintenance. I've tried clearing the memcache and rebooting. I've also tried different browsers and still cannot see his ship.

On a different note, I support the idea of selecting the neighbors who get the cargo on my own. I have some neighbors who choose not to move my ships but we do the cooperative quests. There are some neighbors who I have never seen on my ship list but they also do the quests and send daily gifts. It would be nice to send them the ships.
Hi SammieM,
For your neighbor's ship are you his 30th port? If so he will not be able to skip you. If you are not then please ask them what happens when they try to skip you. It would be better too if they were to post about the problem themselves in the Help & Support thread about the cargo ships. This way we could check on it.

SammieM
Jan 23 2017, 08:12 PM
Hi Taz,
My ship is stuck on his 16th port and it's been a few days. Could it also be a problem on my farm (and not his) since I can't see his ship to advance? Thanks

Taz D
Jan 23 2017, 09:08 PM
Hi Taz,
My ship is stuck on his 16th port and it's been a few days. Could it also be a problem on my farm (and not his) since I can't see his ship to advance? Thanks
Hi SammieM,
Is it his ship stuck in your port or your ship in his port? You have stated it both ways. If it is yours I don't see any of your ships in the 16th port.
If it is his ship then please have him contact Support about this. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

SammieM
Jan 24 2017, 09:42 AM
Hi Taz,
Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say that my friend sent his ship to me, but I can't see it in my Seaport Manager. I will forward the information to him so we can get this straightened out. Thanks so much.

medicgirl
Jan 28 2017, 06:12 PM
This may not be the place for this, but there is already alot of unhappy farmers knowing the ship changes that are coming soon. Is the "Skip this port" option going away? From what I understand is that if the neighbor is not playing, your ship will stay stuck there till your week is up and come back with very little. I think this was a bad idea all together.

Taz D
Jan 28 2017, 06:21 PM
This may not be the place for this, but there is already alot of unhappy farmers knowing the ship changes that are coming soon. Is the "Skip this port" option going away? From what I understand is that if the neighbor is not playing, your ship will stay stuck there till your week is up and come back with very little. I think this was a bad idea all together.
Hi medicgirl,
No where do the developers say the skip port is going away. The only change that is still in the works to be released is the following:
We will introduce a new preference 'Enable Ships' for the next release, that will allow you to disable your Ships and your Port. During that time, your ships will not advance and your port will not receive any ships from other players.
It doesn't say anything about the skip port going away.
They have already released the capability to change the order of your port list as well as the ability to replace up to 10 ports with other neighbors.

perryalexander
Jan 30 2017, 06:38 PM
Has there been any thought to reducing the 24 hours between start time for loading cargo ships to something like 20? Over a week my start time keeps slipping until I can not start in the morning when I am playing. 20 hours would avoid this constant slippage in start time.

Taz D
Jan 30 2017, 07:16 PM
Has there been any thought to reducing the 24 hours between start time for loading cargo ships to something like 20? Over a week my start time keeps slipping until I can not start in the morning when I am playing. 20 hours would avoid this constant slippage in start time.
Hi Perryalexander,
Only the developers know what they are planning. They do not tell us anything beforehand.

trina531
Jan 30 2017, 08:25 PM
Thank you for making some adjustments to the cargo ships. I tried them once and found them to be a nightmare. Now that you have made a few adjustments things are much better.

I have 2 questions that no one has been able to answer.

1. How are the names generated for the ship log? Is it ft neighbors only or is it a combination of ft friends and neighbors?

2. When making making changes in you ship log and want to trade for another person how are those names generated? Is is just farm town neighbors or is it a combination of ft friends and neighbors?

Taz D
Jan 30 2017, 09:04 PM
Thank you for making some adjustments to the cargo ships. I tried them once and found them to be a nightmare. Now that you have made a few adjustments things are much better.

I have 2 questions that no one has been able to answer.

1. How are the names generated for the ship log? Is it ft neighbors only or is it a combination of ft friends and neighbors?

2. When making making changes in you ship log and want to trade for another person how are those names generated? Is is just farm town neighbors or is it a combination of ft friends and neighbors?
Hi Trina,
1. From the January Release - Better neighbour selection to create the ship itinerary. The itinerary is now composed by the neighbours that have helped you in the past week, which you can see at the very bottom of the screen, the boxes with pictures that say "XYZ sent you a gift", etc. If that is not enough to complete the 30 neighbours needed for the itinerary, we will then complete the rest of the ports using the same method we are using now, based on the last date they have played.
The second part to complete your list up to 30 is from the My Neighbors tab.

2. The list for replacements comes from your neighbors in the My Neighbors tab minus the names of all those who are already on the port list.

trina531
Jan 30 2017, 09:28 PM
:):):)Thank you so much for answering my questions...Cheers

brennewland
Feb 02 2017, 09:57 AM
I got back to my ship just a few minutes late and now have to start preparing it all over again. So very not fair. I have a life outside of this game. I get my grandchildren to school in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon. I have Dr. appointments, grocery shopping, visits to the Vet's office etc... If, every time I try to prepare a ship, I either have to send it not fully prepared or risk the chance of having to start over, then it is not worth my effort and I will not buy more ships.

Taz D
Feb 02 2017, 10:08 AM
I got back to my ship just a few minutes late and now have to start preparing it all over again. So very not fair. I have a life outside of this game. I get my grandchildren to school in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon. I have Dr. appointments, grocery shopping, visits to the Vet's office etc... If, every time I try to prepare a ship, I either have to send it not fully prepared or risk the chance of having to start over, then it is not worth my effort and I will not buy more ships.
Hi brennewland,
I moved your post from suggestions to the General Feedback thread about the cargo ships as you were not making a suggestion.

brennewland
Feb 02 2017, 10:13 AM
Thanks. i will try to remember where to post things like that in case I ever need to again.

dorissau
Feb 04 2017, 09:19 AM
I have a question about the new "opt out" for ships. How will we know if a neighbor/friend chooses that option? Will they still appear either in our log or even in the "replacement" list?

Taz D
Feb 04 2017, 09:38 AM
I have a question about the new "opt out" for ships. How will we know if a neighbor/friend chooses that option? Will they still appear either in our log or even in the "replacement" list?
Hi Dorissau,
Once they have unchecked the enable ships then the next ship you start preparation on they should not be in either list.

dorissau
Feb 04 2017, 09:52 AM
OK.. great. Thanks, Taz

MarianPenny
Feb 04 2017, 04:43 PM

You can, though, send a message through the game. There is the option to message them from the 'list' under the farm

medicgirl
Feb 04 2017, 06:48 PM
I understand where to go to disable your ships. My question is, when one of my neighbors "unchecks the disable ships", will that neighbor no longer be an option to pick when preparing your itinerary? Will we know if a neighbor is no longer playing? Will the ship just automatically skip that neighbor and move on to the next so you will not get as much stuff when it returns home?

They DID NOT explain this part very well at all. Thanks for any info to make it clearer.:confused:

Tiger
Feb 04 2017, 07:03 PM
I understand where to go to disable your ships. My question is, when one of my neighbors "unchecks the disable ships", will that neighbor no longer be an option to pick when preparing your itinerary? Will we know if a neighbor is no longer playing? Will the ship just automatically skip that neighbor and move on to the next so you will not get as much stuff when it returns home?

They DID NOT explain this part very well at all. Thanks for any info to make it clearer.:confused:

Hi medicgirl,

When your neighbour disables ships you should not get them in your itinerary for the next ship you prepare or be able to choose them for a port.

No you will not know if they have done this, you'd have to ask or if it has been there a long time make the decision to skip their port.

At the moment, ships that already have been dispatched and have someone in thier itinerary that has now disabled thier port will still get the ship in thier port. To address this Raul has posted the following >>
Known Issues:
- If you were already on the itinerary for some of your neighbors when you disabled the Ships, those ships will still come to your port. We will fix this on Monday so the ship auto skip your port in this case.

Skipping a port would mean you do not get products for that port.

AnnaWalls
Feb 04 2017, 08:27 PM
Today was the first time I opened up my ship's dock. Currently I own 3 cargo ships, but I have room for only 1 on the farm - the other 2 are in my storage, however, according to my dock, I can still load and launch them. Or at least that option seems to be available - I did not try. Thought you might want to know.

mwyld40
Feb 05 2017, 08:35 AM
I don't have an answer or a suggestion to fix what is happening with the ships but I am seeing a decrease in the number of ships sailing into my port. Actually in the last few days there have been no ships visiting me. Because of the amount of time necessary to prepare a ship and launch it and then to check to see where it is on my list of ports I have decided to skip this part of the FT game. It is a shame because at the beginning I thought it would be fun! And whatever happened to the coins? I never received any! So until this part of the game is changed I will just keep my ships at home unloaded. :)) They're nice to look at!:rolleyes:
Thanks for reading,
Marlene Wyld (Mom's Farms)

Taz D
Feb 05 2017, 10:38 AM
I don't have an answer or a suggestion to fix what is happening with the ships but I am seeing a decrease in the number of ships sailing into my port. Actually in the last few days there have been no ships visiting me. Because of the amount of time necessary to prepare a ship and launch it and then to check to see where it is on my list of ports I have decided to skip this part of the FT game. It is a shame because at the beginning I thought it would be fun! And whatever happened to the coins? I never received any! So until this part of the game is changed I will just keep my ships at home unloaded. :)) They're nice to look at!:rolleyes:
Thanks for reading,
Marlene Wyld (Mom's Farms)
Hi Marlene,
I moved your post from Suggestions to General Feedback since you were not making a suggestion.

mwyld40
Feb 05 2017, 12:01 PM
Hi Taz, you moved my original post from suggestions to General Feedback, but if this isn't General Feedback then where is it?

I tried to copy the post but it didn't work. 2/5/17

Taz D
Feb 05 2017, 02:21 PM
Hi Taz, you moved my original post from suggestions to General Feedback, but if this isn't General Feedback then where is it?

I tried to copy the post but it didn't work. 2/5/17
Hi Marlene,
The suggestions section is only for suggested changes. That is why I moved your post here to the General Feedback section thread about the cargo ships.
You post is just above my answer to you.

SeniorCornwall
Feb 05 2017, 04:05 PM
Been reading all the posts on the ships, and am finding it all a little funny.... I see the ships as a free extra, and will get whatever I can from them. I would suggest people can do a few things that will help themselves and everyone else...

1) If you hate them, opt out using the wrench on the top right of the game now available..... Voila ships are done for you after the refresh cycle takes care of anything in transit...

2) If you play them, understand that people have real lives and will get to them when they do. If it is not quick enough for you, skip their port.....

3) I am making a list of anyone where my ship stays for more than a day.... when I send my next ships out, if I see these names on the list I replace them.... no judgement or emails - just take them off in future itineraries;

4) If I see a stop of one of my ships has been more than 24 hours, I skip the port....

5) line up all your boats on one farm in order of time to fill a container..... Always work on the one that takes the least time to fill (you don't have to use them all) :)

6) I like starting my ships in the morning - load as many containers as I can throughout the day - and always ship at night before I go off to sleep :) A routine like this helps avoid missing the departure

7) Look at the containers and establish a priority for you. I always start with the chemicals, ore and metal containers as that is what I keep running out of...

And lastly, I don't worry about how many containers I have on which boat.... Just do what you can and avoid trying for everything all the time - it is extra stuff after all..

And don't pester people or get upset if someone doesn't move your ship along like you would like...

artbee
Feb 08 2017, 03:50 PM
I like ships I had a few times where I had to redo a container but as a whole I like ships. I wait 2 days before passing a ship on as different time zones and because people also have a real life. I start with oil for fuel and animal products. I pick a day that quite for me to do them.

Sunshinelvr
Feb 08 2017, 08:27 PM
I absolutely HATE the new way ships are parceled out. Now I have only ONE ship coming to my port ..JUST one..from ALL my neighbors. Could you not allow our neighbors to chose who they want to send their ships to? Where is the personal choice in this? This is one of the stupidest 'fixes' I have ever see FT do. :mad:

Taz D
Feb 08 2017, 08:55 PM
I absolutely HATE the new way ships are parceled out. I have only ONE ship ..JUST one..from my neighbors. Could you not allow our neighbors to chose who they want to send their ships to? Where is the personal choice in this? This is one of the stupidest 'fixes' I have ever see FT do. :mad:
Hi Sunshinelvr,
They do have the choice of picking up to 10 of their neighbors they send the ships to. That is part of the last changes made. The ships iteneraries are set when they start preparation and they have the choice at that time to replace up to 10 neighbor's ports. Additionally they can move the order of those ports around as well.
You can find all the current information about the ships in the Game Guide chapter about the Ships in this link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

Sunshinelvr
Feb 08 2017, 11:35 PM
so I guess this means my neighbors decided to just leave me out... them's the breaks kid!:p

silverfern47
Feb 09 2017, 04:57 AM
When oh when are ships going to work 100% correctly!!!!!!! Selecting ports reverts to to FT settings after changes....get it sorted, you havve had long enough, over 3 months to get it working 100%.......pathetic!!!!!

garylr
Feb 11 2017, 03:25 PM
I absolutely HATE the new way ships are parceled out. Now I have only ONE ship coming to my port ..JUST one..from ALL my neighbors. Could you not allow our neighbors to chose who they want to send their ships to? Where is the personal choice in this? This is one of the stupidest 'fixes' I have ever see FT do. :mad:
I like the ability to chose the ports you send your ships too. Many neighbors are not very attentive to FT or the ships and so if you are not checking every few hours, I will chose not to send a ship to you.

Janet 1
Feb 11 2017, 06:43 PM
I like the ability to chose the ports you send your ships too. Many neighbors are not very attentive to FT or the ships and so if you are not checking every few hours, I will chose not to send a ship to you.

My list of people not to send to is getting very long and there will soon be more on it then people I can send the ships to. :eek:......:D

Aussie Rae
Feb 12 2017, 01:59 AM
My list of people not to send to is getting very long and there will soon be more on it then people I can send the ships to. :eek:......:D

I have given up preparing containers and sending ships, I will click on all that arrive but found it to be a waste of my time, and my list of people to avoid has grown to over 15 now....leading to frustration, so not worth it for me..

Tom C
Feb 12 2017, 06:04 PM
When I sent ships out i only had maybe 4 people that I would put on a do not send to list. Guess I am lucky in having active neighbors. But the time to prepare them in to much for me, not worth it.

lineking
Feb 13 2017, 08:02 PM
There's a group, that I've tried to join repeatedly, dedicated to ships and trains. It now looks as though they've blocked me from accesing the group page. I was hoping to connect with people who were into the ships and improve the amount of ports who were favorable to me. I tried to contact a couple of the admins, but they evidently took other actions then get back to me. So, then, if a group like this goes away, what avenues do we have to connect with people who ARE interested in working the ships. It sure helped me, in being able to choose who my ships would port at, as my haul increased by 100,000 products. So, then, who wants to help me replace ten people?

marymarcel
Feb 14 2017, 07:36 AM
There's a group, that I've tried to join repeatedly, dedicated to ships and trains. It now looks as though they've blocked me from accesing the group page. I was hoping to connect with people who were into the ships and improve the amount of ports who were favorable to me. I tried to contact a couple of the admins, but they evidently took other actions then get back to me. So, then, if a group like this goes away, what avenues do we have to connect with people who ARE interested in working the ships. It sure helped me, in being able to choose who my ships would port at, as my haul increased by 100,000 products. So, then, who wants to help me replace ten people?

Hi lineking :)

I'm sorry but we can not help you with any Facebook groups. None of them are run by Slashkey and it is not permitted to advertise them on this forum so we can not recommend one for you.

If you wish, you can look in our neighbour request area for other members who are also looking for people who do the ships, or you can post a request yourself asking for players that participate in the ships.

This is the link to that thread, please be sure to follow the instructions given in the first post, first page of the thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

dchasse
Feb 14 2017, 01:06 PM
Is there going to be a chance to have super neighbors be able to send ships on to the next port if you are away from internet for a few days. We go to our camp for weekends and I have neighbors who have to skip my port because I am not available, if super neighbors could have that option then they could send them for us when we are unable to. I let my neighbors know I will be away. Having ships are nice but they are unfair for players that are ususally available. SN can plant, why can't they send the ship on to next port. Donna

marymarcel
Feb 14 2017, 01:17 PM
Is there going to be a chance to have super neighbors be able to send ships on to the next port if you are away from internet for a few days. We go to our camp for weekends and I have neighbors who have to skip my port because I am not available, if super neighbors could have that option then they could send them for us when we are unable to. I let my neighbors know I will be away. Having ships are nice but they are unfair for players that are ususally available. SN can plant, why can't they send the ship on to next port. Donna

Hi dchasse :)

Please post your ideas in our Suggestion section where the developers can read it.

You cant start a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea

This is the link to that section

garylr
Feb 27 2017, 02:55 PM
Unless some of the time constraints and penalties are soon addressed, you may not have a SHIPS problem much longer. After one comment on the Facebook Group of Farmers Fruits and Nuts more than 30 people said they were parking their ships. More would have added but they shut off the comments to that post. Maybe you will want to take another look at the time consuming demands that SHIPS requires and the penalties for unresponsive ports.

Arline
Mar 01 2017, 03:41 PM
I received a ship today in my port listed, non-friend. How does that happen? :confused:

marymarcel
Mar 01 2017, 03:47 PM
I received a ship today in my port listed, non-friend. How does that happen? :confused:

Hi Arline :)

You and that person were friends/neighbors time ago. You have probably removed them as friend/neighbor but you are still their neighbor that is why you are in their itinerary.

Try to click in the Non friend button and go to their farm. Then click in the little tool box in the lower left corner and you will be able to remove yourself as neighbor by clicking in the upper icon.

Marta Shore
Mar 02 2017, 07:50 AM
Is it possible to fill it's containers and dispatch the ship if I can no longer place the ship on a farm to create an actual port?

I bought the blue ship a month or more ago, then parked it in my storage and closed my port while the dust was settling on the various issues they seemed to be having. Evidently, I also sold the ship while cleaning out my storage for a massive tree and flower move between farms.

Yesterday I started loading a few of the ships containers...the ship icon on the toolbox tab allowed me to open the window and do everything I need to do. I dispatched the ship this morning but when I looked in my storage to set it out...as I think I needed to do, it's not there. Trying to buy one like it only tells me that I can't send it out. Will that matter...If I just have it parked in my "port?" Or do I even need to have it out somewhere?

Tiger
Mar 02 2017, 08:28 AM
Is it possible to fill it's containers and dispatch the ship if I can no longer place the ship on a farm to create an actual port?

I bought the blue ship a month or more ago, then parked it in my storage and closed my port while the dust was settling on the various issues they seemed to be having. Evidently, I also sold the ship while cleaning out my storage for a massive tree and flower move between farms.

Yesterday I started loading a few of the ships containers...the ship icon on the toolbox tab allowed me to open the window and do everything I need to do. I dispatched the ship this morning but when I looked in my storage to set it out...as I think I needed to do, it's not there. Trying to buy one like it only tells me that I can't send it out. Will that matter...If I just have it parked in my "port?" Or do I even need to have it out somewhere?

Hi Marta Shore,

I have checked your data and the blue ship is showing as dispatched and on it's trip, so it looks like it is working fine. If you want to place one on your farm, perhaps wait until it has returned and you have unloaded it. Then you can make the decision whether or not you really want it on your farm..

Aussie Rae
Mar 02 2017, 07:31 PM
Hi Marta Shore,

I have checked your data and the blue ship is showing as dispatched and on it's trip, so it looks like it is working fine. If you want to place one on your farm, perhaps wait until it has returned and you have unloaded it. Then you can make the decision whether or not you really want it on your farm..

just a query Tiger Laybourne, so we don't have to move our ships out of storage to prepare containers and dispatch them? Just wondering due to the popup that tells us we lose goods if we store them while containers are loaded on the ship.. if this is the case, then I won't bother moving more ships from storage, will just prep and dispatch from the seaport manager window in future, :)

Tiger
Mar 03 2017, 07:27 AM
just a query Tiger Laybourne, so we don't have to move our ships out of storage to prepare containers and dispatch them? Just wondering due to the popup that tells us we lose goods if we store them while containers are loaded on the ship.. if this is the case, then I won't bother moving more ships from storage, will just prep and dispatch from the seaport manager window in future, :)

Hi Aussie Rae,

I haven't tried it myself, but I believe there are people who are doing this. Once you have bought a ship it is in your data permanently. As you get the pop up warning if you want to store, i wouldn't store it whilst it is on it's trip.

Sundos
Mar 07 2017, 07:28 AM
Just a suggestion.. why can't we start preparing another ship as soon as we send out a prepared ship.. I would have to play 24/7 in order to load 7 ships.. a lot of my neighbors don't send ships for over 24 hrs so.. it is just wasting my time to even send one.. let alone trying to play for 24 hrs for loading one, then I have to wait to start the next.. sad .. very sad

knolan
Mar 07 2017, 08:54 AM
"I am trying to prepare a ship that went over the 24 hrs to dispatch. This message pops up:
"You have 24 min to dispatch this ship, and this container will not be ready on time. At this point what you can do is go ahead and dispatch the ship."
I am unable to prepare the ship because the message pops up. There are no containers highlighted as I went over the 24 hrs to dispatch.
Is this an error ?

Tiger
Mar 07 2017, 08:57 AM
"I am trying to prepare a ship that went over the 24 hrs to dispatch. This message pops up:
"You have 24 min to dispatch this ship, and this container will not be ready on time. At this point what you can do is go ahead and dispatch the ship."
I am unable to prepare the ship because the message pops up. There are no containers highlighted as I went over the 24 hrs to dispatch.
Is this an error ?

Hi knolan,

Try exiting the game then load it again. If that doesn't clear it try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload

Aussie Rae
Mar 07 2017, 06:02 PM
Hi Aussie Rae,

I haven't tried it myself, but I believe there are people who are doing this. Once you have bought a ship it is in your data permanently. As you get the pop up warning if you want to store, i wouldn't store it whilst it is on it's trip.

thanks Tiger, after trying with 3 ships and running into the same problems of waiting endlessly for people to move them, I have returned them all to storage. I find it less stressful now that I don't have to spend all day to prepare containers, perhaps one day we will get a fc tool to do this. I live in hope, :)

village idiot
Mar 10 2017, 07:30 AM
Would someone please tell me why, If you can only send out 1 ship in a 24 hr period, then what is the purpose of 10 + or - hours of game time to fill the ship(s) to capacity. How could it possibly change the overall process of this part of our game to lower the wait times on loading containers, to half or more of the current wait time. If the intention was to frustrate players or keep a substantial amount of them from participating in the ships segment, then I would say you have accomplished your goal(s). When other realize that 7 ships (1 per day) x 6-10 hours per day (even just logging on and off)= 36 - 70 extra hours per week, I seriously doubt your audience will continue to use the ships features... Not really sure of the direction of your intent for the game as a whole when adding the ships, but if you intend to add more in the future, your players will have to make choices, that will lead to even more frustrations and cause more doubt in the developers choices. Quote of the day: Don't let a temporary solution, become a permanent mistake...

dleenorris
Mar 10 2017, 01:52 PM
I am still doing the ships but am very frustrated with them - and at a lot of people who are doing them with me. I wish you would remove the time limit for preparation of the ships or make a tool to by-pass it. Please just let the ships go their merry way until they can be dispatched. You can't make people move your ships. What happened to clicking on their pictures to find out who they really are? Thanks - the ships are fun, but would even be better with some improvements.

marymarcel
Mar 10 2017, 02:10 PM
I am still doing the ships but am very frustrated with them - and at a lot of people who are doing them with me. I wish you would remove the time limit for preparation of the ships or make a tool to by-pass it. Please just let the ships go their merry way until they can be dispatched. You can't make people move your ships. What happened to clicking on their pictures to find out who they really are? Thanks - the ships are fun, but would even be better with some improvements.

Hi dleenorris:)

Please post your ideas about the cargo ships in our Suggestion Section where the developers can read them.

You cant start a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea

This is the link to that section

About the names, Raul posted the following in the New release

6. Ships Improvements coming in the next few days:

b) Show real facebook names in a tooltip when mouse over user photos in Cooperative Quests, Neighborhood Chains Contest, Ships and Neighbour Bar screens. This will help people identify better their neighbours.

So please check the March New Release from time to time for any news about this feature

lineking
Mar 10 2017, 03:30 PM
Here, here (or hear, hear)! This concept of having to wait between 45 minutes to an hour in order to prepare a container is for the birds. Ok, maybe for some who can sit around waiting for the time to start the next container. Certainly adhering to a 24 time frame between ships is alright. If you're going to charge for push button container prep (done at a click), then, being as the ships were purchased with coins, stay with coins, but not more in terms of percentage then the worth of a particular ship. If these things aren't dealt with soon, there'll be a lot ships in storage or sold back.

Taz D
Mar 10 2017, 03:45 PM
Here, here (or hear, hear)! This concept of having to wait between 45 minutes to an hour in order to prepare a container is for the birds. Ok, maybe for some who can sit around waiting for the time to start the next container. Certainly adhering to a 24 time frame between ships is alright. If you're going to charge for push button container prep (done at a click), then, being as the ships were purchased with coins, stay with coins, but not more in terms of percentage then the worth of a particular ship. If these things aren't dealt with soon, there'll be a lot ships in storage or sold back.
Hi lineking,
I have moved your post to the feedback thread about the cargo ships as this is an opinion and not a suggestion.

lineking
Mar 10 2017, 03:59 PM
Hi lineking,
I have moved your post to the feedback thread about the cargo ships as this is an opinion and not a suggestion.

Pardon me, but isn't the suggestion essentially inferred. Seems as if I made at lest one specific one?

Taz D
Mar 10 2017, 04:05 PM
Pardon me, but isn't the suggestion essentially inferred. Seems as if I made at lest one specific one?
Hi lineking,
Inferred suggestion is not the best way to make a suggestion. You were quoting another suggestion and making a comment about their suggestion which is not allowed per the rules for the Suggestion forum.

Marta Shore
Mar 18 2017, 08:37 AM
I flatly refuse to set an alarm clock so that I can get up on Saturday morning to dispatch the ship I filled on Friday. I am beginning to see why some farmers are less than keen about having ships:(

Mrs Borgies
Mar 23 2017, 03:38 AM
I never thought I would say this, my ships are now in dry dock!

I have worked hard to keep them slowly moving from neighbour to neighbour, with many losses of cargo along the way. The loss of cargo make it hard to swallow.

I am not neighbours to those that I share this game, to harass them about how ships work. I understand it is "free" to play, but it isn't worth the stress!

I hope in time ships will be more user friendly!