PDA

View Full Version : Facebook 'gameroom' - good idea, or not?

supertrucker
Dec 15 2016, 03:32 PM
i'm not sure where to put this one, it's not really a 'game related' query - move it if you want to, capisce? my question involves the 'facebook gameroom' - every time i load a game (no matter which one), it's there on the right side of my screen, "(game) is available on facebook gameroom"... not sure what the 'gameroom' is, or what it's supposed to do, does anyone have any information, helpful or not?

slartismum
Dec 27 2016, 12:54 AM
I tried it and found it useful. It can be made full screen (if a game allows it) and you do not need to be connected to Facebook to play their games. You can click on each game from the home page and return by the arrow on the left. A downside is that there is no contact with friends (cannot send a message etc) although you can still send gifts or request items from inside the game.

Dulcinea
Dec 27 2016, 11:37 AM
What about tabs and ads? I had the previous FB gaming interface, and I removed it because (1) it didn't have tabs and (2) there was no way to remove the ads.

slartismum
Dec 27 2016, 06:40 PM
You are right, there are no tabs. I play the farming games and go full screen. Don't seem to get ads then. I am sure that not everyone will like it but it suits my kind of playing.

Mama Kimberly
Jan 08 2017, 02:01 PM
Will this work on a tablet? I'd love not to have to run back to my desktop when crops need harvesting or a ship needs loading so it can move along to the next port.

Farmer_Susan
Mar 10 2017, 03:36 PM
I just had a splash screen encouraging me to get this. Does it help or hurt Slashkey - or do they care? The thing about no tabs - we can't send gifts, check our neighbors, etc? It doesn't have those tabs?

SeaJay
Mar 10 2017, 04:54 PM
Anybody know what this 'Facebook Gamerroom' is. Do you like it? Not like it? Scam? What is it? I've been seeing it in ads for a long time, but this time it jumped up in full screen when I clicked my shortcut to get on.....as I have for years. My only option was to install or close the tab and re-open fb.

Taz D
Mar 10 2017, 05:03 PM
Anybody know what this 'Facebook Gamerroom' is. Do you like it? Not like it? Scam? What is it? I've been seeing it in ads for a long time, but this time it jumped up in full screen when I clicked my shortcut to get on.....as I have for years. My only option was to install or close the tab and re-open fb.
Hi SeaJay,
I moved your post to the General Feedvback thread about this. Some here can maybe tell you the pros and cons about it. Apparently Facebook is pushing this for everyone to use. The only thing I have done is to close the tab and reopen Farm Town. I don't need another app taking up memory.

lyndalu47
Mar 15 2017, 10:24 AM
Do you know anything about Face Book Gameroom? I continue to get invitations from it, yesterday i got a pop-up before i could enter Farm Town. Is this a recommended site? Will it make my FT experience better? I do not want to make a download i will regret and i do not know who else to ask. Please help as you are able! thanks!

lyndalu - happily farming since '09

Tiger Laybourne
Mar 15 2017, 10:28 AM
Do you know anything about Face Book Gameroom? I continue to get invitations from it, yesterday i got a pop-up before i could enter Farm Town. Is this a recommended site? Will it make my FT experience better? I do not want to make a download i will regret and i do not know who else to ask. Please help as you are able! thanks!

lyndalu - happily farming since '09

Hi lyndalu,

Your post has been moved to the thread about the Gamesroom.

It is just another place to play all your Facebook games supplied by Facebook. Personally i have found no difference when it comes to speed, and if you have a need to open multiple tabs for the game for say working facilites, you can not do that there. I did find that not all the in depth menus work, like querying the IP and hovering over a product to see how much is stored. If you want to just play the game without being interrupted by Facebook posts and ads, you can do that there.

Aneida
Mar 18 2017, 03:52 PM
Hi Everyone. I am here asking about the same Question What is this Facebook-Farm Town Game room.
If I decided to download it and use FT without FB, will I be able to get into my own farms. Or do I need to create a new farm. I am afraid that if I down load this, I might loose access to my farms and or loose cash, coins, items, etc.

Would like to hear from someone who has download this.
I Use a laptop.

Thank you in advance for answers.

Everyone hope you have a great weekend / week.

marymarcel
Mar 18 2017, 04:05 PM
Hi Everyone. I am here asking about the same Question What is this Facebook-Farm Town Game room.
If I decided to download it and use FT without FB, will I be able to get into my own farms. Or do I need to create a new farm. I am afraid that if I down load this, I might loose access to my farms and or loose cash, coins, items, etc.

Would like to hear from someone who has download this.
I Use a laptop.

Thank you in advance for answers.

Everyone hope you have a great weekend / week.

Hi Aneida :)

If you go to the previous page (1) you can read some opinions about Facebook gameroom :)

Mimi48
Mar 19 2017, 05:24 AM
I tried it. My computer didn't like it I didn't either since most of the time I couldn't get the farm to load so I took it out...

maggiel29
Apr 01 2017, 01:29 AM
I just went into the game and I got a screen all about "Facebook Game Room" - Ive seen stuff about this but ignored it? Will it cause a problem with playing the game if I use it? I guess FB are going to make us sooner or later. Sorry I know this isnt really about the new release but it will affect us all.

GoalieAunt
Apr 01 2017, 03:10 AM
I just went into the game and I got a screen all about "Facebook Game Room" - Ive seen stuff about this but ignored it? Will it cause a problem with playing the game if I use it? I guess FB are going to make us sooner or later. Sorry I know this isnt really about the new release but it will affect us all.

I've been using GameRoom for about two months now. Firefox had gotten so slow that it made farming frustrating and another family member farms using Chrome, so I gave it a chance. It's your same game, just using your computer rather than a browser (still need an internet connection). It works pretty much like using FT from Facebook itself, but you don't see any notifications or have other tabs open to distract you. You also don't have access to spellcheck and can't use copy/paste when posting.

So now I mostly use Gameroom to farm, use my phone and Puffin browser for checking on quests and ships and once in a while I still use Firefox to gift or check up on things.

maggiel29
Apr 01 2017, 04:00 AM
I've been using GameRoom for about two months now. Firefox had gotten so slow that it made farming frustrating and another family member farms using Chrome, so I gave it a chance. It's your same game, just using your computer rather than a browser (still need an internet connection). It works pretty much like using FT from Facebook itself, but you don't see any notifications or have other tabs open to distract you. You also don't have access to spellcheck and can't use copy/paste when posting.

So now I mostly use Gameroom to farm, use my phone and Puffin browser for checking on quests and ships and once in a while I still use Firefox to gift or check up on things.

Thank you - can you still post facilities etc using that? I like the idea of not getting notifications pop up especially :)

marymarcel
Apr 01 2017, 08:20 AM
Hi maggiel29 and GoalieAunt :)

I moved your posts to a thread about Gameroom in General Feedback section where there are more opinions about this.

Buck Tooff
Jun 01 2017, 02:15 PM
I have Gameroom but I really don't care for it but now that I've played some of my games via Gameroom, Facebook will not open the game through their portal. I now HAVE to play the game through Gameroom. Does anyone know a way around this or is FB now dictating that? Thanks!

Tiger Laybourne
Jun 01 2017, 02:29 PM
I have Gameroom but I really don't care for it but now that I've played some of my games via Gameroom, Facebook will not open the game through their portal. I now HAVE to play the game through Gameroom. Does anyone know a way around this or is FB now dictating that? Thanks!

Hi Buck Tooff,

If it's the first time you loaded the game for the day clicking the bookmark can just load a new home page , you have to click the bookmark again and then usually you get a pop-up asking you if you wan't to play the game on Facebook or the Gamesroom.

The other way is to go to the game either via someone elses post, click the play and then bookmark it in your browser so you can get to it any time.

Or you can use the link at the top of this forum.

Aussie Rae
Jun 09 2017, 11:32 PM
decided to try the fb Games Room... but when adverts started appearing in CHINESE, I uninstalled it!!!