PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- January 6th, 2017

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Jan 06 2017, 08:16 PM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on January 31th, 4:15PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: En Español AQUI (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626862)
En français ICI (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626954)

1. Farm 32: See prices below:

12x12 - 15000000000 coins or 50 FarmCash (New Farm)
14x14 - 15500000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
16x16 - 16000000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
18x18 - 16500000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
20x20 - 17000000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
22x22 - 17500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash

2. Tree Shaker 28 x 28 (FC): This new Tree Shaker harvest up to 784 trees in one click.

3. Flower Harvester 28 x 28 (FC): This new Flower Harvester harvest up to 784 flowers in one click.

4. Ships Improvements released in the past 2 weeks:

- You can now skip any port at any time without waiting. Notice that skipping a port lower the rewards of every port after it, the rewards of any remaining port shifts to the right. For example, if the reward on port 28 is 1000 products, port 29 is 2000 products and port 30 is 3000 products, then if you skip port 28, the reward on port 28 (the one you skipped) will be 0, port 29 will be 1000 products and port 30 will be 2000 products. You basically gave up the chances of earning 3000 products (not 1000) by skipping port 28. The last port can't be skipped, but we will most likely allow that in the future.
- The number of clicks per container when loading the ships in your port will always be 1, so it will never require more than 10 clicks to fully load a ship. You will also earn 500 coins for every container you load.
- You should now see ships from non-neighbours (for example, friends who are not your neighbours) in your Seaport Manager as well, so every time you see a red circle on the Tool Box icon, you should have ships waiting in your port.
- Better neighbour selection to create the ship itinerary. The itinerary is now composed by the neighbours that have helped you in the past week, which you can see at the very bottom of the screen, the boxes with pictures that say "XYZ sent you a gift", etc. If that is not enough to complete the 30 neighbours needed for the itinerary, we will then complete the rest of the ports using the same method we are using now, based on the last date they have played.
- Better accuracy for the red circle counter in the Tool Box icon, it was not adjusting on skipped ports.
- When novice players go into the Seaport Manager and click only once in the ship, without knowing that she needs to continue clicking until the ship is fully loaded, when she closes the Seaport Manager we will show a message box explaining that you need to continue clicking until the ship disappear from the view.
- You will now see all ships in your port, even the expired ships (ships returning home because 7 days have passed), which will show highlighted in pink, this way the red circle counter will be even more accurate. These ships will require only one click, to hide them.
- There is now a blue button for each ship in the Seaport Manager showing the kind of relationship you have with the owner of that ship: neighbour/buddy/friend/non-friend, you can click on that button to visit the ships owner farm.
- You can now open your Seaport Manager while working other people farms without returning to your farm.
- Bugfix: When visiting your friends farms you still have access to open their ships but you can't click on the different buttons like Dispatch and Skip Port.

5. Create the ships itinerary when the preparation phase starts and allow the replacement of up to 10 neighbours in your itinerary: When you start preparing your ship, you can now go to the Ship Logbook tab and replace up to 10 ports in your ship itinerary, you can do your changes at any time, as long as you do it before you dispatch your ship. After the ship is dispatched, no more changes are allowed.

6. Realtor Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Realtor Supplies.

Business Card Holder
License Plate Frame
Brochure Box
Realtor Girl Shirt
New Home Card
Shoe Covers
Realtor Pin
Flip House Book

7. Winter Sports Supplies (FC): Produces Winter Sports Supplies.

Snowball Launcher
Spike Cleats
Toboggan
Inflatable Sled
Snowboard
Skis
Ski Poles
Action Camera

8. Realtor Shop (Coins): Provides Realtor Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Realtor Supplies Factory.

9. Indonesian Restaurant (FC): Produces Indonesian Food.

Soto Ayam
Gado gado
Chicken Satay
Pempek
Beef Rendang
Nasi Goreng
Gulai Kambing
Fruit Ice

Products from other facilities: Tempeh in the Food Preserve Factory. Peanut Sauce in the Sauce and Condiments Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - January 9th, 7:15PM

- Corrected bugs in the ships feature that allowed users to open several browser tabs and prepare/dispatch several ships at once, this was corrupting the data and making ships unstable for some users.

Post-Release Updates - January 10th, 11:30PM

- Fixed some ships that were in a corrupted state, which couldn't be prepared or dispatched.

Post-Release Updates - January 13th, 11:30PM

- The Winter Sports Supplies and the Indonesian Restaurant will be released on Monday.

Post-Release Updates - January 17th, 1:00AM

- Released the Winter Sports Supplies and the Indonesian Restaurant.

Post-Release Updates - January 18th, 5:00PM

- Fixed more issues that were not allowing users to dispatch their ships.

Post-Release Updates - January 25th, 10:00PM

- Create the ships itinerary when the preparation phase starts and allow the replacement of up to 10 neighbour ports in your itinerary. See more info in the post above.

- In addition to been able to replace ports in your itinerary, you can reorder your ports any way you like, using your mouse to drag and drop a port up or down as you wish.

- During the release of the latest changes, we introduced a bug that caused the ship dispatch operations to fail for those users that had the Ship Manager open during the time we released the changes. This issue is now fixed.

Post-Release Updates - January 26th, 1:00AM

- Released fixes for ships that remained in a corrupted state after dispatched.

Post-Release Updates - January 26th, 6:00PM

- Released fixes for ships that remained in your port after you have loaded them.

Post-Release Updates - January 29th, 3:00PM

- BugFix: Reset the amount of changes allowed in the itinerary for a Ship every time you start the preparation of that ship. Let's say you made 10 replacements on your Yellow Ship, when the Yellow Ship returned and you started preparing it again, the amount of replacement allowed was incorrectly set to 0, this bug is now fixed moving forward for all ships starting preparation after the release of this fix.

Post-Release Updates - January 31th, 4:15PM

- Released 11 Valentine items, 7 at the top of the Valentine category in the store and 4 at the bottom.

Known Issues and Additional Notes:

- We will introduce a new preference 'Enable Ships' for the next release, that will allow you to disable your Ships and your Port. During that time, your ships will not advance and your port will not receive any ships from other players.

Taz D
Jan 06 2017, 08:31 PM
Thank you Raul!

BamaMike
Jan 06 2017, 08:31 PM
Thanks always looking for new stuff to play with on the farms.

jeannine_p
Jan 06 2017, 08:40 PM
ty for the cool new stuff!!

crafty chris
Jan 06 2017, 08:41 PM
thanks so far farm 32, new flower harvester and tree shaker and realtor facility and service :)

L.A.Bob
Jan 06 2017, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the NEW Release. Always something great being added to the game

jkmyer
Jan 06 2017, 08:53 PM
Thanks, am anxious to see the details, you people are awesome!!!

Texas Belle
Jan 06 2017, 09:13 PM
Great, hope the details are easier on the ships... will wait and see...

JohnAlbertini
Jan 06 2017, 09:24 PM
Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game, details coming in a few hours.

Please post here any issues you may find on this thread.

Thanks

--Raul

Don't see anything new: no new tools, no new facilities, no new farm, no new levels/FC.

Waiting for the details, LOL, since nothing new is apparent yet.

wsmith101
Jan 06 2017, 09:28 PM
28x28 flower harvester is now available, along with f32! and two new coin factories

Taz D
Jan 06 2017, 09:31 PM
Don't see anything new: no new tools, no new facilities, no new farm, no new levels/FC.

Waiting for the details, LOL, since nothing new is apparent yet.
Hi John,
Try clearing your memcache and then reopen your farm. There are 2 new facilities, a new tree shaker, new flower harvester and a new farm. Those are the known items so far.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 06 2017, 09:32 PM
Wa-HOO!!!!!! More excuses to keep from doing chores! Love FarmTown! LOL

jan tanner
Jan 06 2017, 10:09 PM
and a new turbo boat

bjyhey3
Jan 06 2017, 10:09 PM
Thank You...appreciate all you do to keep the game interesting

Taz D
Jan 06 2017, 10:15 PM
and a new turbo boat
Hi Jan,
The Turbo Fishing Boat (24x24) was released in December. It is not new this time.

Aussie Rae
Jan 06 2017, 10:18 PM
Thank you!! :)

ftjill
Jan 06 2017, 10:39 PM
thank you for the new facilities - the realtor supplies/service is just what we needed.

beverduster
Jan 06 2017, 10:55 PM
icant get into my facilities to see what going on in there

Taz D
Jan 06 2017, 11:01 PM
icant get into my facilities to see what going on in there
Hi beverduster,
What happens when you try to open a facility or the facility manager?

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

mcdaddie
Jan 06 2017, 11:04 PM
thank you for the new facilities - the realtor supplies/service is just what we needed.
I am not so sure I agree with the new Realtor biz, just not sure it is good having yet another business that takes the inks, paper products, and brass sheets that we are already critically low on

Dan H
Jan 06 2017, 11:16 PM
Thanks, Raul! As a retired real estate agent, I will make a special place for the realtor shop!

jan tanner
Jan 06 2017, 11:18 PM
the white one ?

Tom C
Jan 06 2017, 11:30 PM
It is not new to this release, the white boat that is.

Marilou1954
Jan 06 2017, 11:38 PM
Thank you for the news :)

jan tanner
Jan 06 2017, 11:41 PM
Thanks I hadn't seen it before,don't know how I missed it last time.

WendyP57
Jan 06 2017, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the update!! Always fun to rush out and buy all the new things, and really needed farm 32 to move my ships onto, it was getting very crowded on the farm that I had them on :)

Poppy559
Jan 07 2017, 12:34 AM
Thank you Raul for the new goodies. I love this game.

cassi2m
Jan 07 2017, 12:56 AM
Very disappointed! No Opt Out! No Tool to Automatically Fill these Stupid Ships. Ok so move or delete my comments, I don't care, but I was expecting or hoping so to see something worthy to stop the madness and the fighting that is going on between neighbors and people who use to be friends.

These ships have turned people who were friendly with one another into enemies. I am still against it and I was hoping that sk would listen and release a tool to allow us to auto fill these ships so we don't have to "babysit" docks/ports. Raul, you and the devs have really let me down this time. I am shaking my head in disappointment,
Cathy

maggiel29
Jan 07 2017, 03:34 AM
Thank you for your hard work

Mrs Borgies
Jan 07 2017, 04:30 AM
Very disappointed! No Opt Out! No Tool to Automatically Fill these Stupid Ships. Ok so move or delete my comments, I don't care, but I was expecting or hoping so to see something worthy to stop the madness and the fighting that is going on between neighbors and people who use to be friends.

These ships have turned people who were friendly with one another into enemies. I am still against it and I was hoping that sk would listen and release a tool to allow us to auto fill these ships so we don't have to "babysit" docks/ports. Raul, you and the devs have really let me down this time. I am shaking my head in disappointment,
Cathy

I am a little surprised how these FREE (no real dollars) ships are upsetting so many people. The ships have given me interest in the game once more. I am not going to stress who does or does not fill them. I help my neighbours when I can. If the ships were going to cost me real dollars like I paid for the trains, I would not be here playing again. I would rather work harder and have the ships as they are, as one would expect for something "free".
Give it time for the ships to settle into the game. The devs are sure to have a longer term plan for them.

YourManRod
Jan 07 2017, 05:19 AM
Way too much for the new farm and additions!

marymarcel
Jan 07 2017, 05:41 AM
Thank you Raul and team! :)

LongsleeveSteve
Jan 07 2017, 05:56 AM
Why in the world did you guys think that if we skip a port then we will lose the total amount of products. Look, if the ship stays at a port for longer than 24 hours, (more or less), then we are losing a chance to have products from neighbors who have the time to load our ships. Come on now, let us have a break. I know we can select the people who works loading your ship, but really, you must doc our products.
Also, it eats up a lot of time for us to load the ships. Why don't you let us load a ship all at once or make the time less than an hour to 45 minutes per sections. We don't have time to sit at our computer to wait on all this loading.
Right now, the only profit I can honestly make is to layer tons of ponds on all of my farms.
Don't get me started back on you guys no getting more farm cash to us. Open up your wallet and bank account.

Thanks if you will do something. Steve Givens

YourManRod
Jan 07 2017, 06:17 AM
Why in the world did you guys think that if we skip a port then we will lose the total amount of products. Look, if the ship stays at a port for longer than 24 hours, (more or less), then we are losing a chance to have products from neighbors who have the time to load our ships. Come on now, let us have a break. I know we can select the people who works loading your ship, but really, you must doc our products.
Also, it eats up a lot of time for us to load the ships. Why don't you let us load a ship all at once or make the time less than an hour to 45 minutes per sections. We don't have time to sit at our computer to wait on all this loading.
Right now, the only profit I can honestly make is to layer tons of ponds on all of my farms.
Don't get me started back on you guys no getting more farm cash to us. Open up your wallet and bank account.

Thanks if you will do something. Steve Givens

Ships make a pretty farm decor because right now they are not worth messing with.

Abagail's Farm
Jan 07 2017, 06:36 AM
Thank you for explaining about the ships. I put one on one of my farms, I thought it could go off to the side, but I had to clear a spot in order to put it "on land", so to speak. :D

WillowTreeFarm
Jan 07 2017, 08:02 AM
Thank you for the new goodies!

JohnAlbertini
Jan 07 2017, 08:18 AM
15 BILLION coins to add a farm?! That equals almost 60 MILLION per farm plot. CRAZY!

Winterwolf
Jan 07 2017, 08:23 AM
It would be nice if 'super friends' could prepare containers. Very few of us are on line 10 hours a day, which is what is required to full load a ship.
How are 'non-friends' selected for ship's itineraries and how are we to know how active they are? I would hate to see my ship sit in their port for 10 or 15 hours while I am off line.
Could you put a time limit on how long a ship would sit in any port and then have it automatically move on to the next port of call.
Are you saying that when I first dispatch my ship I can eliminate or change 10 ports of call?
Can the order of the ports of call be listed by most active players first and least active players last?

JohnAlbertini
Jan 07 2017, 08:29 AM
I am not so sure I agree with the new Realtor biz, just not sure it is good having yet another business that takes the inks, paper products, and brass sheets that we are already critically low on

Exactly! Almost every recent coin facility uses facility products while almost every new FC facility uses crops. How about giving us coin folks a bone or doubling or tripling the amount of FC we can earn so we can afford to buy a FC facility once in a while. 100 FC a year doesn't even allow us to upgrade our combines and seeders once. I know we can earn so using quests but still not near enough FC.

35 FC every monthly upgrade would be about right! Then we could buy SOMETHING!

JohnAlbertini
Jan 07 2017, 08:32 AM
It would be nice if 'super friends' could prepare containers. Very few of us are on line 10 hours a day, which is what is required to full load a ship.
How are 'non-friends' selected for ship's itineraries and how are we to know how active they are? I would hate to see my ship sit in their port for 10 or 15 hours while I am off line.
Could you put a time limit on how long a ship would sit in any port and then have it automatically move on to the next port of call.
Are you saying that when I first dispatch my ship I can eliminate or change 10 ports of call?
Can the order of the ports of call be listed by most active players first and least active players last?

It would be great if I had any neighbors. I play as my wife and EVERY other friend who used to play stopped due to the HUGE time-waster that FT has become! WE NEED TOOLS WE CAN AFFORD - MUCH MORE FC - to speed up play!!! Otherwise, I may have to stop. Lack of neighbors makes playing tough and all my friends who used to play have given up!!!

JoGilliam
Jan 07 2017, 08:51 AM
Thanks so much Raul!!

Muffie1943
Jan 07 2017, 08:56 AM
PLEASE change the cargo ship sailing to let us pick which Neighbors to send it to like we do with the trains!!!! PLEASE!!! Some neighbors don't even NOTICE the port and are not playing with Cargo Ships!! Then we lose cargo!! And then we deal with different time zones and get 'written to' about their ship being in port for 'x' number of hours while we're asleep at night....Gee whiz!!!

YourManRod
Jan 07 2017, 09:52 AM
15 BILLION coins to add a farm?! That equals almost 60 MILLION per farm plot. CRAZY!

They live in a country were land cost you, your wife, first born and your kidney so they think land is gold. It is stupid to have it this high but it is their game. What until you see what the container loading tool will cost us. I have stopped playing the ships... they are a nice but expensive farm decor.

mcdaddie
Jan 07 2017, 11:09 AM
What is wrong with this picture?? ::

060915 14x14 Crop tools
063015 16x16 Tree Shaker & Flower tools
073115 16x16 Log Truck w/chainsaw
121015 16x16 Seeder
011116 16x16 Harvest/Plant Combine
070616 4x4 & 8x8 Turbo Fishing Boat
080416 12x12 & 16x16 Turbo Fishing Boat
090316 20x20 Tree Shaker & Flower Harvester
093016 20x20 Log Truck & Turbo Fishing Boat
110116 24x24 Tree Shaker & Flower Harvester
120116 24x24 Log Truck & Turbo Fishing Boat
010617 28x28 Tree Shaker & Flower Harvester

Enuf is enuf..... no bang for the buck. It only take 15 seconds to completely harvest a 42x42 farm with wall to wall trees.

NO crop tools for 1 year. Why are we lagging so far behind the tree and flower tools.

Please, Please lets quit just throwing stuff at us to get a new release out and lets slow down so half of the release doesn't say " coming in the next 1 or 2 weeks".

Ever since the release of the NCC quests and now for sure with the Ships, FarmTown has started a BAD movement towards anti-social behavior from people that used to be nice. This is a "social game" hence the word neighbors. But now it has turned into a game that could lose you some great neighbors just because you slept for eight hours or took the kids to grandma's house for the weekend. Please lets slow down and get our priorities back in order.

frostyvb56
Jan 07 2017, 11:30 AM
Thanks for teh update.. [

barbara nixon
Jan 07 2017, 11:35 AM
would be nice to see 2 more views (directions) of the ships..keep up the good work..enjoy this game..

famer charlie
Jan 07 2017, 11:37 AM
Question to ask how are buddies and non neighbors select for itineraries to move our ships

Rugged Barbie
Jan 07 2017, 11:43 AM
Hi Developers
Thanks for the new tools and facilities!
I do NOT like a non-friend sending a boat to me.
Who are these people? Why must I labor to do a NON FRIEND'S boat? Where do you pull them up from?
I already do my friends and neighbors boats but don't shove non-friends on me, please! You're doubling my load of clicking and I really don't like this.
Thanks for listening!
The Angry Rugged One!

marymarcel
Jan 07 2017, 11:56 AM
Hi Developers
Thanks for the new tools and facilities!
I do NOT like a non-friend sending a boat to me.
Who are these people? Why must I labor to do a NON FRIEND'S boat? Where do you pull them up from?
I already do my friends and neighbors boats but don't shove non-friends on me, please! You're doubling my load of clicking and I really don't like this.
Thanks for listening!
The Angry Rugged One!

Hi Rugged Barbie:)

If you have removed someone as facebook friend and neighbor but they still have you as neighbor, then it is possible you could receive a boat from a non friend.

If you click in the Non friend button, you can visit their farm. Once there, click in the little tool box in the left down corner and remove yourself as neighbor and buddy.

Fireball
Jan 07 2017, 12:57 PM
Because of the confusion regarding the ships and neighbor turning against neighbor I have lost several of what I thought were really good neighbors. I never sent a message to them to send a ship off, instead it was their stance that the ships were a waste of their time and deleted those who sent ships to them...like we had any control over who they were sent to..... Sooooo I do so need good neighbors as I am down to a mere 84 after all these years of playing. SO Sad

JohnAlbertini
Jan 07 2017, 01:02 PM
What us long-time players need WAY more than any other change is more FC.

25 every 3 months plus the one a week we get with quests and MAYBE one a month with cooperative quest (no neighbors, all GONE) and if lucky one once in a while with the neighborhood chain we maybe get so 160 or so a year. That buys very little to help us.

PLEASE, at the top levels give more FC, more regularly. I'm up to 427 million XP and the top level requires only 55 million so I have EIGHT TIMES the XP needed for the top level! Instead of 150,000 XP per level make it 500,000 XP per level and I'd still have already earned 700 more levels/FC! Why 25 every three months? Even at 1 million XP per level I'd be worth 370+ more levels/FC!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give us long-term players something worth continuing to play for. Dribble, dribble, dribble make us feel quite small with little incentive to keep playing since we get so little for our efforts.

Dulcinea
Jan 07 2017, 01:16 PM
- You can now open your Seaport Manager while working other people farms without returning to your farm.

Thank you! That's a great help. :)

I'm under the impression these are for players who have more coins than they could possibly spend otherwise.

Yeah, this is another one I'll only be using for Quests.

YourManRod
Jan 07 2017, 04:15 PM
Because of the confusion regarding the ships and neighbor turning against neighbor I have lost several of what I thought were really good neighbors. I never sent a message to them to send a ship off, instead it was their stance that the ships were a waste of their time and deleted those who sent ships to them...like we had any control over who they were sent to..... Sooooo I do so need good neighbors as I am down to a mere 84 after all these years of playing. SO Sad

I agree the ships have cause nothing but hatred from people, So many on here say " I love the ships" but in reality they are sitting at home cursing the ships.
I for one don't mind them sailing into me docks and I will work them when I see them but I will make mine into farm decor, not worth the time, hassle or pain in the you know where. It is all about the money when they bring out cash tools to boost them......

Rugged Barbie
Jan 07 2017, 04:15 PM
I can't find the link to support. Would you please give it to me?
thanks so much

marymarcel
Jan 07 2017, 04:20 PM
I can't find the link to support. Would you please give it to me?
thanks so much

This is the link

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

artbee
Jan 07 2017, 04:30 PM
Thankyou it was easy to see the ship had arrived.

Rugged Barbie
Jan 07 2017, 04:34 PM

This is the link

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

Thank you so mucho gracias!

Dumb Barb

marymarcel
Jan 07 2017, 04:49 PM
Thank you so mucho gracias!

Dumb Barb

You are welcome! De nada! :)

Farmer_Susan
Jan 07 2017, 05:03 PM
So many on here say " I love the ships" but in reality they are sitting at home cursing the ships.
I for one don't mind them sailing into me docks and I will work them when I see them but I will make mine into farm decor, not worth the time, hassle or pain in the you know where. It is all about the money when they bring out cash tools to boost them......

I love the ships and am NOT sitting at home cursing them. Honest. :) Yes, I was delighted when we got the Skip Ports feature and I'm eagerly awaiting being able to swap out neighbors. There are some other features I hope we get someday. But to me, even as they are right now, they're very fun.

And frankly? I sure HOPE it's about the money! The developers have to earn a living just like the rest of us. I don't spend my money on a lot of stuff other people do for entertainment. What I enjoy is FT, so I spend my money here and am happy to do it. Not TONS of money - but maybe around $40 - $50 a month. I get WAY more than that much pleasure out of this game. And I still think this is THE best game on Facebook. I actually hope the developers make lots and lots for their efforts so FT can keep growing and adding new features.

And the part about FT creating negativity and animosity among friends and neighbors? Nope. WE'RE doing that. A game can't MAKE us do anything. I haven't had a single negative note from a neighbor. Not one. Nor have I sent any negative notes out. If a neighbor DID start sending me negative notes, I'd just delete them. Not worth messing with. But FT causing this? I don't think so.

Last rant and then I'll hush: Those of you who say they take too much time. Ok, then don't play. Or fill one or two containers a day and let that be it. Do it however you need to do it. They seem to have a lot of flexibility for all types of folks, all sorts of schedules, etc. Make them what you need them to be or - as some of you have decided - don't use them. But don't make it sound like the ships are bad just because you're not wild about them.

gypsy!
Jan 07 2017, 05:33 PM
Thanks for making sure neighbors have an incentive for loading containers. I am only doing ships to help neighbors as I have an been farming so long EVERY DAY that I have begun selling my over abundance of supplies and stock on hand.
This may not be easy since it is what shows on Facebook and may involve them but have you thought of updating the app description that shows in Facebook on posts. "Multiplayer Farming, Fishing, and Factory game with 20 farms, 500 levels and 250 Factories, Restaurants and Service Facilities. "
I 3> farm town

Dutch85
Jan 07 2017, 06:22 PM
I want to thank Raul and devs for giving us the best game EVER. Like Farmer Susan, I too spent $40- $50 a month as my entertainment and for me it's well worth it. I make 4FC each week for the quests, and once in a while I get 1 or 2 from the NCC....that plus the FC we get from new levels FOR FREE lets me buy quite a few items. So Raul, keep doing what you are doing...because in my opinion, you're doing it right.

carolann43
Jan 07 2017, 06:37 PM
$40-$50 a month. Obviously your not on social security.

StoneFace
Jan 07 2017, 07:39 PM

I do that... and I am on SS.... I just choose where and when to $pend that ca$h.

max_river
Jan 07 2017, 08:07 PM
Ty for the update. pls do not make ships to easy i am enjoying the hard word.. it not like we are spending fc on them it is worth the work. just fill them as much as you can then send off. I have not had a single complaint from my neibours..I find now that the hoildays are done more people are working the ships that i have sent out. Sometimes i notice it is same people making issues about things that are added. pls just give them the option to opp out them then they will stop complaning about them..it is just a game have fun playing the game or quite the game. Sorry if you think I am being rude but sometimes I have to say something about it..

bjyhey3
Jan 07 2017, 09:32 PM
I love the ships and am NOT sitting at home cursing them. Honest. :) Yes, I was delighted when we got the Skip Ports feature and I'm eagerly awaiting being able to swap out neighbors. There are some other features I hope we get someday. But to me, even as they are right now, they're very fun.

And frankly? I sure HOPE it's about the money! The developers have to earn a living just like the rest of us. I don't spend my money on a lot of stuff other people do for entertainment. What I enjoy is FT, so I spend my money here and am happy to do it. Not TONS of money - but maybe around $40 - $50 a month. I get WAY more than that much pleasure out of this game. And I still think this is THE best game on Facebook. I actually hope the developers make lots and lots for their efforts so FT can keep growing and adding new features.

And the part about FT creating negativity and animosity among friends and neighbors? Nope. WE'RE doing that. A game can't MAKE us do anything. I haven't had a single negative note from a neighbor. Not one. Nor have I sent any negative notes out. If a neighbor DID start sending me negative notes, I'd just delete them. Not worth messing with. But FT causing this? I don't think so.

Last rant and then I'll hush: Those of you who say they take too much time. Ok, then don't play. Or fill one or two containers a day and let that be it. Do it however you need to do it. They seem to have a lot of flexibility for all types of folks, all sorts of schedules, etc. Make them what you need them to be or - as some of you have decided - don't use them. But don't make it sound like the ships are bad just because you're not wild about them.
Well said...my sentiments exactly!

Aussie Rae
Jan 07 2017, 09:43 PM
I have changed my mind...again... hey I am allowed to, I am a female, right.. sent out 3 ships so far and now just laugh when I see that they all get stuck at farm 1 or 2 for up to a day due to the way the game picks our list of ports... as those people seem to log off for the night as soon as the ship is dispatched... getting used to ships being days in some peoples ports.. seems to be the same people too.. lol... so will wait patiently for the change coming where we can substitute up to 10 on the list, that will be awesome, cheers to the devs and the mods for all their efforts, this game continues to keep us addicted!! :)

Farmer_Susan
Jan 07 2017, 09:58 PM
I have changed my mind...again... hey I am allowed to, I am a female, right.. sent out 3 ships so far and now just laugh when I see that they all get stuck at farm 1 or 2 for up to a day due to the way the game picks our list of ports... as those people seem to log off for the night as soon as the ship is dispatched... getting used to ships being days in some peoples ports.. seems to be the same people too.. lol... so will wait patiently for the change coming where we can substitute up to 10 on the list, that will be awesome, cheers to the devs and the mods for all their efforts, this game continues to keep us addicted!! :)

Ha! Glad you're back! To me, that's part of the fun - it's sort of like poker or something - like, "Do I skip this port or wait awhile longer?" Hold 'em or fold 'em.

max_river
Jan 07 2017, 10:02 PM
I am looking forward to the change to the ships. but like i said before just dont make it easy.. Susan you have wonderfull attuded i like your post that you make

Farmer_Susan
Jan 07 2017, 10:21 PM
I am looking forward to the change to the ships. but like i said before just dont make it easy.. Susan you have wonderfull attuded i like your post that you make

Thanks, max_river. I like what you're saying, too, about not making it TOO easy. Now that we can skip ports, I'm getting all of my ships back ahead of schedule - been averaging between 0 and 3 skips per ship to get it back in 4-6 days. Once we can swap out neighbors, I anticipate that it'll just take 2-3 days per ship to make all 30 ports. My issue then becomes not liking all the empty ships just sitting around not being used. I'd like to be able to have all 7 going all the time. But I suspect there will be a solution for that at some point.

justmecookin
Jan 07 2017, 11:31 PM
Thanks Raul and his team....Ships now work fine. All my port unknown is gone. I am smooth sailing.

Dutch85
Jan 08 2017, 08:48 AM

I am on social security. :D

Taz D
Jan 08 2017, 09:52 AM
Just a reminder this thread is for the items in the new release and not for discussion about who spends what or not on Farm Town. Please keep your posts to the release information for reporting any problems or questions on specific parts of the release.

Rugged Barbie
Jan 08 2017, 08:28 PM
I Love my new
2. Tree Shaker 28 x 28 (FC): This new Tree Shaker harvest up to 784 trees in one click.
However, when it first appears on my screen, I'm unable to click the spot it opens on and have it shake the trees. I can click there but nothing happens. I have to move it then move it back to its original place and then it will shake when I click.
I don't have that issues with the new flower harvester.

xoxoxo and may you all have a wonderful farm filled 2017.

p.s. my boat is stuck in Cape Town, South Africa. I'm on Eastern Daylight Time.

Barbs in Western North Carolina Mountains where we got 6" of snow yesterday, it's currently 20 degrees yet this coming Wednesday it's to be 64 degrees.

nanhoo
Jan 08 2017, 09:22 PM
Thanks..always like new stuff

maddiesauntie
Jan 09 2017, 12:19 PM
Lovin the ships, however it is time consuming to open each one. Would it be possible to do something in the Seaport Manager so we can see all 7 ships in one place?

Aussie Rae
Jan 09 2017, 05:47 PM
is it next week yet? :)

dorissau
Jan 09 2017, 06:52 PM
I hope and pray that you will release the changes for the ships ASAP.. So many players are unhappy.. some of my neighbors say they are selling their ships and aren't going to play that any more. My yellow ship is stuck on port #2.. with someone I've had to skip THREE TIMES because they won't play. My purple ship is stuck on port #1 ... ONE!! with someone I've had to skip twice because they didn't respond in over 24 hours. We need the changes!!!

marymarcel
Jan 09 2017, 07:18 PM
Hi all :)

From Raul notes for the New Release

- Corrected bugs in the ships feature that allowed users to open several browser tabs and prepare/dispatch several ships at once, this was corrupting the data and making ships unstable for some users.

Joyinlife
Jan 09 2017, 07:54 PM
I hope and pray that you will release the changes for the ships ASAP.. So many players are unhappy.. some of my neighbors say they are selling their ships and aren't going to play that any more. My yellow ship is stuck on port #2.. with someone I've had to skip THREE TIMES because they won't play. My purple ship is stuck on port #1 ... ONE!! with someone I've had to skip twice because they didn't respond in over 24 hours. We need the changes!!!

I AM JUST WAITING UNTIL IT IS IMPROVED. MY SHIPS ARE ACTUALLY STARTING TO MOVE A LITTLE FASTER. PATIENCE PEOPLE. :rolleyes: WE WILL GET THERE. DO NOT SELL YOUR SHIPS. YOU MAY END UP BUYING THEM BACK.

corogirl
Jan 10 2017, 12:41 AM

So how long before we are asked to pay FC for a tool that we will need to use to do what we already could?

Lila63
Jan 10 2017, 01:02 AM
So how long before we are asked to pay FC for a tool that we will need to use to do what we already could?

I agree, without the workaround of the tabs, I'm probably done with the ships. No one has 10 hours/24 to load one. And if a tool that is farmcash comes out, I may just be done with farmtown.

Aussie Rae
Jan 10 2017, 01:07 AM
wish it was "next week" already, my ships seem to get stuck on exactly the same people on every voyage... :) LOL

Zeeky Banutski
Jan 10 2017, 05:31 AM
Exactly how do I "skip" a port? Did I miss the "instructions" for that? Someone...anyone?

OK - now I see a "Skip Port" button, but only on one port. The one I want to skip is dead last on my itinerary & I don't see how the "don't have to wait, can do it anytime" function applies.

Also, I just discovered that (apparently) I have to go into my ship manager & "perform" the work myself at each & every port I visit - or - is it for each & every person that visits my port? Let me say that that SUCKS! Far too labor intensive for a GAME!!!!!

I think the developers need to rethink what they're doing with these ships - making them automatic (like the trains) is the way it should be done.

Just my humble opinion. of course.

marymarcel
Jan 10 2017, 05:43 AM
Exactly how do I "skip" a port? Did I miss the "instructions" for that? Someone...anyone?

OK - now I see a "Skip Port" button, but only on one port. The one I want to skip is dead last on my itinerary & I don't see how the "don't have to wait, can do it anytime" function applies.

Also, I just discovered that (apparently) I have to go into my ship manager & "perform" the work myself at each & every port I visit - or - is it for each & every person that visits my port? Let me say that that SUCKS! Far too labor intensive for a GAME!!!!!

I think the developers need to rethink what they're doing with these ships - making them automatic (like the trains) is the way it should be done.

Just my humble opinion. of course.

Hi Zeeky Banutski :)

The Skip port button only shows up in the port where your ship is at that moment.

In the Seaport manager you can see and help to load your friends/neighbors ships.

You have full information about the ships in our Game Guide for Ships in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

Zeeky Banutski
Jan 10 2017, 06:12 AM
Hi Zeeky Banutski :)

The Skip port button only shows up in the port where your ship is at that moment.

In the Seaport manager you can see and help to load your friends/neighbors ships.

You have full information about the ships in our Game Guide for Ships in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622

Well, I don't mean to be a PITA, but the very first line of this new release about the "Ship Improvements" states "You can now skip any port at any time without waiting"...

marymarcel
Jan 10 2017, 06:21 AM
Well, I don't mean to be a PITA, but the very first line of this new release about the "Ship Improvements" states "You can now skip any port at any time without waiting"...

The way I read it is you can skip any port as soon as your ship has arrived to that port.

For example, I have a dear neighbor who is having a personal problem and she is not doing the ships at this moment, but she uses to enter the game to send gifts and help with ingredients/bonuses. So I have her in my ship itinerary.

So as soon as my ship arrives to her port I skip it without waiting for hours checking if that user has loaded my ship.:)

Zeeky Banutski
Jan 10 2017, 06:30 AM
The way I read it is you can skip any port as soon as your ship has arrived to that port.

For example, I have a dear neighbor who is having a personal problem and she is not doing the ships at this moment, but she uses to enter the game to send gifts and help with ingredients/bonuses. So I have her in my ship itinerary.

So as soon as my ship arrives to her port I skip it without waiting for hours checking if that user has loaded my ship.:)

See, that's where I think you're reading too much into what it actually says...the part "as soon as your ship has arrived to that port" is simply not stated in the release.

That "assumption" works directly into what Iwas saying about the cargo ships being too labor intensive. If you fail to stay on top of thing, you're missing out on things that COULD be done automatically like the trains do...I have a life & don't really want to have to be checking up on my cargo ships all time...just saying!

marymarcel
Jan 10 2017, 06:37 AM
See, that's where I think you're reading too much into what it actually says...the part "as soon as your ship has arrived to that port" is simply not stated in the release.

That "assumption" works directly into what Iwas saying about the cargo ships being too labor intensive. If you fail to stay on top of thing, you're missing out on things that COULD be done automatically like the trains do...I have a life & don't really want to have to be checking up on my cargo ships all time...just saying!

If you have ideas or want to make suggestions about the ships, please post them in our Suggestion section for Ships, so the developers can read them, this is the link to that thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595066

Thank you:)

Lara
Jan 10 2017, 07:29 AM
Can I just say that some players are having no problems with the ships now and do not feel helping a neighbour is a waste of time. The developers are spending many hours updating the ships functions at players request during a holiday time. Thank you for their efforts. I use the skip function when necessary (not very often) and most of my ships come back within 3 days. I get a massive amount of products from this exercise. Thank you neighbours for checking your seaport managers so diligently (as I do). If you do not want to do the ships then don't. Leave it for those who want to do it.

Tuckertbnc
Jan 10 2017, 08:03 AM
Can I just say that some players are having no problems with the ships now and do not feel helping a neighbour is a waste of time. The developers are spending many hours updating the ships functions at players request during a holiday time. Thank you for their efforts. I use the skip function when necessary (not very often) and most of my ships come back within 3 days. I get a massive amount of products from this exercise. Thank you neighbours for checking your seaport managers so diligently (as I do). If you do not want to do the ships then don't. Leave it for those who want to do it.

I agree .. I currently have 3 ships out and am loading one today ... I get up at 6 am most days .. I start loading a ship , set the timer .. go do life , if I start the containers by timer , I can get a ship fully loaded by evening .. When it won't work time wise to get a early enough start , I skip a day and start a ship the next morning .. I seem to have it now , where it is the 4 / 5 fastest loading ships that I'm loading , sending out and they are making it back in less than 7 days .. the others I have sitting as decoration and I 'can' send them off if none of the faster loading ships have came back in time for the morning > Load Start .. I am getting a ship 'Back' every day .. so to me it equals out .. All 7 ships do not have to be out .... I send my ships off and normally don't skip a port until the wait gets to 18 / 20 hrs .. then I skip that neighbors port and don't worry about it .. The amount of goods I get for a full ship that hits most or all of the ports is worth the effort ... I am retired , so I do understand that if you work you might not have the computer availability and the time to fully load a ship .. It is no effort for me , to check in game 'often' to make sure I send my neighbors ships on asap , not sending one on because I didn't do them myself would feel rude :o .... Thanks to the developers for all the work they do ...

Rugged Barbie
Jan 10 2017, 08:19 AM
I agree, without the workaround of the tabs, I'm probably done with the ships. No one has 10 hours/24 to load one. And if a tool that is farmcash comes out, I may just be done with farmtown.

What have I missed, again?

marymarcel
Jan 10 2017, 08:21 AM
What have I missed, again?

Hi Rugged Barbie :)

Please check the first post, first page of this thread. Yesterday Raul posted an update, thanks!

StoneFace
Jan 10 2017, 08:25 AM

same here.... no problems that would get the panties in a bunch.

It takes me less time to help neighbors, even when there are 4 or 5 ships to load and send on their way, than it does to go from farm to farm.

10 clicks per ship is about 1-2 seconds of my time..... no big deal.

If ya like the ships... play them. If not, don't play them.

I also made a chart of the neighbors whose ports have been visited...and the time any of my ships were in port. After one week, I now know the very few who take way too long (1.5+days) or just don't help. The others, about 40 or so usually take anywhere from 1 minute to a couple hours, with only a few exceptions (overnight, etc).

Thanks Raul..... keep up the good work. If FC tools are introduced, I will evaluate them at that time for how they help my game, and not how they may or may not help someone else.

Tom C
Jan 10 2017, 09:12 AM
Well I did not have any problems with my ships when using opening 10 tabs to prepare the containers of a ship for sailing. Like someone else said why should I now pay for a fc tool to be able to do what I was already doing, if one comes out. I am getting fewer ships at my port every day, and seeing on my page where people are putting ships in storage. If the developers want this ship thing to work they had better make the time less and not with a fc tool. I say get rid of the preparing time and the only one ship a day, and then put out fc tools to allow people to look at where all their ships are, people will buy that.

earlgray
Jan 10 2017, 09:27 AM
It seems to me that some of the recent facilities have been larger than previous ones. I notice this with the realtor supplies factory and shop. When I try to place them on my farm they look incongruous next to the other facilities. Since I do care about how my farms look, could you please take care in the future to keep the facilities in scale with those already existing?

Dulcinea
Jan 10 2017, 11:01 AM
I say get rid of the preparing time and the only one ship a day, and then put out fc tools to allow people to look at where all their ships are, people will buy that.

Good idea. And the players would feel less cheated that way, too. :)

ckerider
Jan 10 2017, 11:02 AM
Just want to put my 2 cents in regarding the ships. I think that they are a great addition to my farms and they contribute a lot of the products that I was always running short of (wish they had included the Pearl Oysters). If you have it fully loaded and don't miss any ports, you do good on everything except the fish and Animal stuff. The BEST part about it is that they can be bought with Farm Coin instead of $$. I have learned to just relax and let them go out and earn some product for me. If it is at a port for more than 12 hours it is time to skip a port. As far as loading is concerned... I just set my phone timer for the minutes it requires and go and add another container if I am home. I don't worry about loading it up because I really only care about the Factory, Food, Fish, Liquid (inks) and crops, etc.
I am sure the developers will come up with a way to make $$ off these ships, but it is something you don't NEED to do. I have not upgraded a lot of the tools because the ones I have work for me. They are the maximum to where I want them to be.
So lets all just be neighborly and help the ones out that are doing the ships.... it is always appreciated!

perryalexander
Jan 10 2017, 11:04 AM
>> It seems to me that some of the recent facilities have been larger than previous ones. I notice this with the realtor supplies factory and shop. When I try to place them on my farm they look incongruous next to the other facilities. Since I do care about how my farms look, could you please take care in the future to keep the facilities in scale with those already existing?

I strongly second that suggestion. So many of the related décor items share the same sizing problems.

kymstacey
Jan 10 2017, 12:54 PM
The ships are way too time consuming. No one has 10 hours to load a ship. This needs to be fixed. I have been playing Farmtown for over 9 years. The ships have made people frustrated and aggressive toward each other. I would have rather used farm cash to pay for the ships and been able to load all of them and move on.

Franny2
Jan 10 2017, 01:31 PM
I am enjoying the ships and don't always get back to prepare a container each hour. However, we have 24 hours to prepare all of them. Even if they don't all get prepared, you can dispatch your ship anytime with whatever is prepared. After we can exchange the folks that do NOT do the ships for the ones that do, it should be smooth sailing. SHIP AHOY!!

And, THANK YOU, developers for the use of coins rather than Farm Cash! I like saving my Farm Cash for the new facilities.

StoneFace
Jan 10 2017, 02:34 PM
The ships are way too time consuming. No one has 10 hours to load a ship. This needs to be fixed. I have been playing Farmtown for over 9 years. The ships have made people frustrated and aggressive toward each other. I would have rather used farm cash to pay for the ships and been able to load all of them and move on.

Actually, Farm Town is approaching its 8th anniversary next month. It began in 2009.

As to the time consuming aspect.... yes these coin ships/facilities require more of our time than other facilities. So the choice is the same for all.... use the ships and help your neighbors, or don't use the ships and still help your neighbors.

If a player can receive gifts from so many others, on a daily basis, just consider the ships in your port as a GIFT from your neighbors.

hurican
Jan 10 2017, 05:50 PM
Ok .......... now that you have taken away the ability to rapidly load ships ....... i am parking mine in storage until you give us the ability to rapidly load them ........ i do not have 10 hrs to sit around to wait for containers to load ... also you need to consider increasing the amount of coins collected when ships are in port ....... from 500 to 50,000 ..... that will certainly help folks buy farm expansions that are now so expensive ....... if farmers have more room to put facilities .......they will buy more ......get it ?? .......... also consider increasing the amount of product a ship carries ...... from 1 train load to 5 train loads ...... after all ....in real life ........ you get alot more than 1 train load off a ship ...... interest in ships is dying fast ...... this would certainly peek thier interest

thank you
Earl

Taz D
Jan 10 2017, 05:52 PM
Ok .......... now that you have taken away the ability to rapidly load ships ....... i am parking mine in storage until you give us the ability to rapidly load them ........ i do not have 10 hrs to sit around to wait for containers to load ... also you need to consider increasing the amount of coins collected when ships are in port ....... from 500 to 50,000 ..... that will certainly help folks buy farm expansions that are now so expensive ....... if farmers have more room to put facilities .......they will buy more ......get it ?? .......... also consider increasing the amount of product a ship carries ...... from 1 train load to 5 train loads ...... after all ....in real life ........ you get alot more than 1 train load off a ship ...... interest in ships is dying fast ...... this would certainly peek thier interest

thank you
Earl
Hi Earl,
Please post any suggestions you may have in the Suggestions section where the developers will see them all grouped together. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

lillyobrien
Jan 10 2017, 10:14 PM
Is there a loading problem because i have been unable to load the game tonight.

mcdaddie
Jan 10 2017, 10:17 PM
Actually, Farm Town is approaching its 8th anniversary next month. It began in 2009.

As to the time consuming aspect.... yes these coin ships/facilities require more of our time than other facilities. So the choice is the same for all.... use the ships and help your neighbors, or don't use the ships and still help your neighbors.

If a player can receive gifts from so many others, on a daily basis, just consider the ships in your port as a GIFT from your neighbors.
Hello Stoneface

Your argument is valid except for the fact that it has no relevance on this discussion. If a person gets gifts and chooses not to send one back to help his neighbor, he would not get yelled at, bullied, or intimidated by his "so-called" friends as is what is happening now with the gifting SHIPS.

Taz D
Jan 10 2017, 10:31 PM
Is there a loading problem because i have been unable to load the game tonight.
Hi Lilllyobrien,
I just loaded mine without any problems. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

marymarcel
Jan 11 2017, 08:55 AM
Hi all:)

Post-Release Updates - January 10th, 11:30PM

- Fixed some ships that were in a corrupted state, which couldn't be prepared or dispatched.

Tom C
Jan 11 2017, 04:58 PM
When are they going to release the Valentine stuff?

Farmer Tony
Jan 11 2017, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the updates and keep up the good work. Cheers!!

Farmer_Susan
Jan 12 2017, 09:44 AM
I've seen others post that they thought the time required to load another ship is more than 24 hours. I knew it was at first but thought it had been fixed. But I launched yesterday's ship around 12:30 and the alert message on today's ship says I need 3 more hours, which would make it 1:30, not 12:30. This makes it difficult for those of us that would like to be able to launch our ship around the same time each day. I started at 7am - am now up to 1:30. Probably about an hour of that was that I was 1/2 hour late getting to my ship a couple of days - but the rest is some kind of time creeep from the program, I think.

Taz D
Jan 12 2017, 10:06 AM
I've seen others post that they thought the time required to load another ship is more than 24 hours. I knew it was at first but thought it had been fixed. But I launched yesterday's ship around 12:30 and the alert message on today's ship says I need 3 more hours, which would make it 1:30, not 12:30. This makes it difficult for those of us that would like to be able to launch our ship around the same time each day. I started at 7am - am now up to 1:30. Probably about an hour of that was that I was 1/2 hour late getting to my ship a couple of days - but the rest is some kind of time creeep from the program, I think.
Hi Susan,
Please note that the time is only given in hours and not hours and minutes. So it may appear that it is taking longer before you can prepare the next ship. For example, I started preparing a ship yesterday at 12:00. I checked the next ship for today at 9:50 and it said 3 more hours until I could start which would be 12:50, but I checked again at 10:01 and it now says 2 hours. That would be 12:00 which is right.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 12 2017, 10:24 AM
Hi Susan,
Please note that the time is only given in hours and not hours and minutes. So it may appear that it is taking longer before you can prepare the next ship. For example, I started preparing a ship yesterday at 12:00. I checked the next ship for today at 9:50 and it said 3 more hours until I could start which would be 12:50, but I checked again at 10:01 and it now says 2 hours. That would be 12:00 which is right.

Ok, thanks. Maybe that's it.

Tom C
Jan 12 2017, 12:18 PM
I think the time starts from when you prepare your first container

Aussie Rae
Jan 12 2017, 04:15 PM
is it next week yet?

Taz D
Jan 12 2017, 04:21 PM
is it next week yet?
Nope...not yet...:D

Aussie Rae
Jan 12 2017, 04:33 PM
Nope...not yet...:D

drat... I live in hope, :)

perryalexander
Jan 12 2017, 04:38 PM
Waiting impatiently for them to fix the ships or beach them. Getting tired of losing long time farmer friends and listening to constant furor! Farm Town is a great social game, the ships are destroying that very fabric.

Tom C
Jan 12 2017, 10:40 PM
I have been thinking about this post for a couple days. First I want to say hats off to the developers for keeping this game so much fun and giving us fun things to play with. This last release has been bit of a problem. I am not sure about the rest of you but what I found irritating about this release and a few of the last ones was when it came out there were no release notes at first. Also some of the stuff in the release was listed as coming next week. I am wondering instead of trying to give us a new release every month if they should not be maybe every 2 or 3 months. Also if you do go to something like that you should be able to have everything ready on the night you release it, we will not have to wait another week for something to be ready. In between the releases you can still put out bug fixes to fix things.

max_river
Jan 12 2017, 10:54 PM
I would not want to wait 2 to 3 months. I enjoy my updates even if i have to wait for certain things.

Dulcinea
Jan 12 2017, 11:00 PM
I am wondering instead of trying to give us a new release every month if they should not be maybe every 2 or 3 months. Also if you do go to something like that you should be able to have everything ready on the night you release it, we will not have to wait another week for something to be ready. In between the releases you can still put out bug fixes to fix things.

Most games I play do a new release every week, so FT is already stretching it in doing only one a month. And I don't play any games that don't have a few bugs to work out once a release goes live, especially if it's a major change to the game.

perryalexander
Jan 13 2017, 07:22 AM
Now I am seeing my ships going to PORT UNKNOWN? Any clues on what that means and how to address it? I would guess I may have caused it by unfriending dormant players.

Tiger
Jan 13 2017, 08:03 AM
Now I am seeing my ships going to PORT UNKNOWN? Any clues on what that means and how to address it? I would guess I may have caused it by unfriending dormant players.

Hi perryalexander;,

Yes if you remove a neighbour, that port then becomes Port Unknown. The same applies to that port as any other, you will have to wait until they load your products to send the ship on, or you can skip that port if you wish, unless it's the last port. That one can not be skipped at this time.

mwyld40
Jan 13 2017, 08:30 AM
I just loaded a neighbor's ship and along with the goods I also loaded almost 5,000 coins. I am assuming my neighbor gets the money as my coin total did not increase. Also, when I have unloaded my ships I didn't see an increase in my coin total. What is going on here?

Just a note........I am enjoying this aspect of the game however I'm also having a problem finding the neighbors who are on my list of ports to visit when I want to delete them. I hate to skip a port however after waiting for my ship(s) to move on for over 5+ hours I just skip and of course lose cargo. It is a real pain to go into my neighbor list and search for certain people. Wouldn't it be easier if there were a simple way of visiting the farmers who are not playing the ship aspect of the game so they can be deleted? My neighbors are listed by first name on the list however they are listed by farmer's name on the bottom of the first page of my farm. Am I making any sense here? Help!!

Marlene Wyld (Mom's Farms)

perryalexander
Jan 13 2017, 08:48 AM
Hi perryalexander;,

Yes if you remove a neighbour, that port then becomes Port Unknown. The same applies to that port as any other, you will have to wait until they load your products to send the ship on, or you can skip that port if you wish, unless it's the last port. That one can not be skipped at this time.

You answer was not at all helpful Tiger. I was asking it there were OTHER possible causes. I have neighbors dropping out of the game and defriending me almost daily. They are unwilling to feel like they need to check for ships hourly. I removed ONE neighbor that was dormant. I suspect that one change did not cause a rash PORT UNKNOWNS.

I am advocating some change to the game to allow us to deal with PORT UNKNOWNS not just asking what it means. Please spend a bit more time reading our posts before whipping off a canned answer. Not all of us asking questions are "total morons" or newbies.

Your great efforts to support all of us is most appreciated and valued! You spent endless hours trying to make the game more understandable and enjoyable for all of us.

Tiger
Jan 13 2017, 08:52 AM
I just loaded a neighbor's ship and along with the goods I also loaded almost 5,000 coins. I am assuming my neighbor gets the money as my coin total did not increase. Also, when I have unloaded my ships I didn't see an increase in my coin total. What is going on here?

Just a note........I am enjoying this aspect of the game however I'm also having a problem finding the neighbors who are on my list of ports to visit when I want to delete them. I hate to skip a port however after waiting for my ship(s) to move on for over 5+ hours I just skip and of course lose cargo. It is a real pain to go into my neighbor list and search for certain people. Wouldn't it be easier if there were a simple way of visiting the farmers who are not playing the ship aspect of the game so they can be deleted? My neighbors are listed by first name on the list however they are listed by farmer's name on the bottom of the first page of my farm. Am I making any sense here? Help!!

Marlene Wyld (Mom's Farms)

Hi mwyld40,

Make a note of your coins before you load anyones ship, and make sure no one is working on your farms at the time as some things will cost you coins. You get 500 coins for each contianer you load up to a maximum of 5000 per ship.

You do not get any coins for unloading your ships, you just get the products it has brought back.

The only way to find a neighbour in your neighbours tab is to match up the profile pictures.

Tiger
Jan 13 2017, 09:07 AM
You answer was not at all helpful Tiger. I was asking it there were OTHER possible causes. I have neighbors dropping out of the game and defriending me almost daily. They are unwilling to feel like they need to check for ships hourly. I removed ONE neighbor that was dormant. I suspect that one change did not cause a rash PORT UNKNOWNS.

I am advocating some change to the game to allow us to deal with PORT UNKNOWNS not just asking what it means. Please spend a bit more time reading our posts before whipping off a canned answer. Not all of us asking questions are "total morons" or newbies.

Your great efforts to support all of us is most appreciated and valued! You spent endless hours trying to make the game more understandable and enjoyable for all of us.

Hi perryalexander,

The Port Unknowns are people you had as neighbours but are not now. Whether you removed them or they removed you the result is the same. As i said there is nothing you can do about them once they are already part of your itinerary, except skip them if it looks like they will not move your ship on. Moving forward those that have been removed as neighbours or have removed you as a neighbour should not show up again for your next ship's itinerary.

I'm sorry but there is no way for me to be able to tell you who these unknown ports belong to.

If you have ideas for changes to any part of the ships, then please do go post them in the Suggestions area of the forum, where all the ideas are gathered for the developers to see.

WyoSugar
Jan 13 2017, 09:09 AM
I think I've seen a post on this before, but couldn't find it. I notice that I have to wait longer to prepare my ship every morning. It is only a few minutes each day, but now it is starting to add up. It looks like I'm going to have to skip a day so I can start my next ship earlier in the day. Since it does take approximately 10 hours to prepare a full ship, starting 1-2 hours later in the morning to start is causing a problem.

Thanks

Tiger
Jan 13 2017, 09:21 AM
I think I've seen a post on this before, but couldn't find it. I notice that I have to wait longer to prepare my ship every morning. It is only a few minutes each day, but now it is starting to add up. It looks like I'm going to have to skip a day so I can start my next ship earlier in the day. Since it does take approximately 10 hours to prepare a full ship, starting 1-2 hours later in the morning to start is causing a problem.

Thanks

Hi WyoSugar,

When there is more than an hour left before you can prepare the next ship it does not display hours and minutes, it just displays full hours even though there may only be a few minutes remaining on one of those hours.

Next time you start preparing a ship, note down the time you started preparing it, you might need to note down the time you prepared the first container as well. Then the next day, when there is less than an hour remaining, go check the next ship you wish to prepare and see how many minutes it is telling you there are left.

furry1993
Jan 13 2017, 10:09 AM
We're already at the end of "next week" -- when will the Indonesian Restaurant and Winter Sports Supplies facilities be added?

Qivis
Jan 13 2017, 08:17 PM
We're already at the end of "next week" -- when will the Indonesian Restaurant and Winter Sports Supplies facilities be added?

More than likely either tonight while we are asleep or tomorrow while I am getting the free samples at the grocery store! :D All kidding aside, when Raul makes time estimates they are only approximations and not always precise.

WindRiver
Jan 13 2017, 08:48 PM
i think we need a 20 hour day on ships same as farm.

WyoSugar
Jan 13 2017, 08:53 PM
i think we need a 20 hour day on ships same as farm.

This would help a lot if we had the same 20 hour day on the ships :)

KojiOrphen
Jan 13 2017, 09:02 PM
I've noticed three of my ships have been waiting a negative amount of time at the current port.

Also, one of my neighbor's ships was waiting in my port for a blank amount of time.

I've checked my computers clock and it agrees with my wall clock and watch. I also run NTP (Network Time Protocol) software on my computer.

Taz D
Jan 13 2017, 09:07 PM
I've noticed three of my ships have been waiting a negative amount of time at the current port.

Also, one of my neighbor's ships was waiting in my port for a blank amount of time.

I've checked my computers clock and it agrees with my wall clock and watch. I also run NTP (Network Time Protocol) software on my computer.
Hi KojiOrphen,
Did you check the date too? That can also cause this. The blank amount of time could mean it just arrived and has not been at least 1 minute.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.

KojiOrphen
Jan 13 2017, 10:09 PM
Hi KojiOrphen,
Did you check the date too? That can also cause this. The blank amount of time could mean it just arrived and has not been at least 1 minute.

I should have been clearer. When I said the computer clock agreed with my wall clock and watch, I was including both the date and time.

After running memcache, the negative times cleared up.

Thanks,
Koji

marymarcel
Jan 14 2017, 06:13 AM

From Raul notes for the New Release:

- The Winter Sports Supplies and the Indonesian Restaurant will be released on Monday.

imcgowan
Jan 14 2017, 10:23 AM
When will I be able to great my own itinerary? I don't want to send another ship out until I am able to do this. One other question when I do go to my ship's Logbook my port owners show their FT playing name not their FB name. Sometimes I need to send a message to someone to let them know my boat has been there for a while. I then need to search there FT name and FB photo to help me find who they really are so I can send them a message. Also before I send a message I want to confirm what part of the world they live in because if the are sleeping I won't bother them. I spend way too much time doing this. Is there anyway you can show their FB name? It would be very helpful.

Taz D
Jan 14 2017, 10:30 AM
When will I be able to great my own itinerary? I don't want to send another ship out until I am able to do this.
Hi imcgowan,
You will not be able to create your own itinerary completely. You will however be able to replace up to 10 of those on the itinerary. Only the developers know when that will be ready for release and they don't tell us until they do.

bruhelmboldt
Jan 14 2017, 07:42 PM
Starting time to load is definitely increasing. My "load clock" loses half-an-hour every day. I started about 9pm on my first ship, now it's past midnight even though I've been starting as soon as the game will let me. So now it's loading in the morning for me. Good thing I'm retired and can play all day. :)

Taz D
Jan 14 2017, 08:46 PM
Starting time to load is definitely increasing. My "load clock" loses half-an-hour every day. I started about 9pm on my first ship, now it's past midnight even though I've been starting as soon as the game will let me. So now it's loading in the morning for me. Good thing I'm retired and can play all day. :)
Hi bruhelmboldt,
Please try writing down exactly what time you start your next ship preparation, then the next day see if at that time you can start the next one.
As the times are rounded to the hour until you get down to the last hour then you may think it is adding time, but that is not what we are finding.

Tom C
Jan 14 2017, 10:07 PM
When I was doing ships my time to started stayed the same or if it did change it was not enough for me to notice.

cgsfarm
Jan 15 2017, 03:47 AM
Hi imcgowan,
You will not be able to create your own itinerary completely. You will however be able to replace up to 10 of those on the itinerary. Only the developers know when that will be ready for release and they don't tell us until they do.

I, too, would like to create my own itinerary. Some of my neighbours play coop quests and neighbourhood quests, but are not doing the ships. If a ship goes to their port it can stay there a long time, so setting your own itinerary for the ships would be great.

Rugged Barbie
Jan 15 2017, 06:42 PM
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thank you, Marymarcel!
That's good news! :)
Diane

DebsB
Jan 16 2017, 09:14 AM
I have been sending out my ships daily and so far have not had any real problem getting them returned fully moved on in the 7 days!
Over the last year or so I have kept my neighbours list up to date with neighbours who play regularly and I think this has helped!
However, there are times of the year when I have very limited access to internet and stop playing my games for days possibly weeks on end and during that time I would really like the facility to close my port to my neighbours ships so that they don't get stuck there.
I also think this feature would go a long way to resolving some of the problems that other players are experiencing which seems to be causing some pretty nasty attitudes!
I have played this game for more years than I can remember, enjoy it hugely, but at the end of the day it is a game and real life comes first always. Please play nicely.
Debs

Lilly1938
Jan 16 2017, 09:52 AM
Very well put! It IS just a game.

Texas Belle
Jan 16 2017, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi all

Thank you, Marymarcel!
That's good news!
Diane

Is that this Monday or next Monday? Monday is here today, and almost gone, LOL

Taz D
Jan 16 2017, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi all

Thank you, Marymarcel!
That's good news!
Diane

Is that this Monday or next Monday? Monday is here today, and almost gone, LOL
Still 6 more hours of Farm Town's Monday.

Rugged Barbie
Jan 16 2017, 07:18 PM
Here's just ONE example of what these ships are causing between formerly nice, agreeable neighbors. I received this message tonight from a woman who has been playing this game for at least 6 years:

"I'm really irked. There's this woman (Name Deleted) on my ships and I have had to pass her port for several ships because she keeps them in port 1.6 days, 2 days...ugh. I've lost goods on three ships so far."

Developers, this is a very bad situation. We are FORCING our neighbors to perform a task that they either can't perform (click on a ship quickly) or isn't available to perform (they don't come into Farm Town every day) or don't want to perform (they are not interested in clicking 10 times per ship request x however many ships are in their port at one time).

I appreciate that this is a solution / substitution for those who can't afford trains and can buy ships for coins as they both bear the same goods/products. But, you have truly created a very bad situation here.

I'm begging you to please give us an opt out if we are those who do NOT WANT ships in our port.

Thanks for listening and how do I get this in the hands of the developers?

Barbs

GRB
Jan 16 2017, 08:34 PM
I have been sending out my ships daily and so far have not had any real problem getting them returned fully moved on in the 7 days!
Over the last year or so I have kept my neighbours list up to date with neighbours who play regularly and I think this has helped!
However, there are times of the year when I have very limited access to internet and stop playing my games for days possibly weeks on end and during that time I would really like the facility to close my port to my neighbours ships so that they don't get stuck there.
I also think this feature would go a long way to resolving some of the problems that other players are experiencing which seems to be causing some pretty nasty attitudes!
I have played this game for more years than I can remember, enjoy it hugely, but at the end of the day it is a game and real life comes first always. Please play nicely.
Debs

From what I understand, you have to do some function to get on the list below the game. If you do not do one of those functions then the likelihood you will not be on someones itinerary. One of the Mod's should be able to back me up on this or I could be completely mistaken.

Aussie Rae
Jan 16 2017, 09:41 PM
From what I understand, you have to do some function to get on the list below the game. If you do not do one of those functions then the likelihood you will not be on someones itinerary. One of the Mod's should be able to back me up on this or I could be completely mistaken.

I have taken note of all the ports chosen for my ships and they match up exactly with those people who have sent me gifts I have accepted before dispatch. I am making sure to NOT accept gifts from people who have a history of holding my ship to ransom, LOL, but I do send those people a gift in return after the ship is on its way to the first port.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 16 2017, 09:42 PM
So . . . y'all wanna see some magic??? I've been holding off on filling/posting my facilities all day because I was waiting for the new stuff. I give up. I'm going to post them as they are and then go to bed. And the magic???? Betcha y'all will get the new facilities sorta like, umm . . . RIGHT after I post.

Night all. :D

Aussie Rae
Jan 16 2017, 11:52 PM
are we there yet? surely its "next week" by now.. its 4.22pm Tuesday here in Australia..

Taz D
Jan 17 2017, 12:22 AM
are we there yet? surely its "next week" by now.. its 4.22pm Tuesday here in Australia..
We are there. :)

Grumpdad
Jan 17 2017, 01:15 AM
Yeah, Dragon Fruit now can be used to make something whoo whoo

Aussie Rae
Jan 17 2017, 01:30 AM
We are there. :)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) Ty Taz

Aussie Rae
Jan 17 2017, 01:32 AM
BUT STILL NO UPDATE FOR THE SHIPS.. thats what we have all been hanging out for.... so disapointed now.... :(

maggiel29
Jan 17 2017, 04:09 AM
Yeah, Dragon Fruit now can be used to make something whoo whoo

But I thought that was introduced as a "Cash Crop" that wasnt used for anything and could be sold along with other Non-ingredients. :D

Grumpdad
Jan 17 2017, 04:29 AM
A neighbour has just brought to my attention that he could not buy Tomato's for his Co-op quest from me, I checked and had 451,000 tomato's in stock, but all were gifts!! I was under the impression that gifts were used prior to crops? Is this not the case???

Dr. Dirt
Jan 17 2017, 05:29 AM
I just spent money to buy the winter supplies factory and can not start ANYTHING in it!! It takes everything that is always in short supply!! Red ink, blue ink, the metal sheets. I mean absolutely nothing can be started in it. This is ridiculous!! Either stop with the things that take those supplies to make or let us produce more of them. WHAT A RIP OFF!!!

mrsdont
Jan 17 2017, 07:17 AM
Are we getting a new cash crop to replace the Dragon Fruit? This was my way to build up my coinage for upgrades

Grumpdad
Jan 17 2017, 09:21 AM
I don't care one bit about being able to create my own itinerary .. I want the developers to create a BOX where players that don't want to deal with the ships can check it to OPT OUT > like the Funeral services .... All 105 of my neighbors are active players that play EVERY day .. So when I see a ship sitting in a port for 17 to 20+ hours I know they are just rudely ignoring them .. so I skip ... I would just rather send them out and know they will only go to neighbors that ARE doing the ships , or at least are politely sending them onwards ....

Yes an opt out box would be great, I am blocking farm town soon if they do not add one, I am sick to death of messages asking me to boost ships, which I boost whenever I see them, but as I do not play 24/7 as others seem too they can get stuck for a wee while at mine. This ship thing is for those who are playing the game all day, not for those playing for a couple of hours here and there!!!

earlgray
Jan 17 2017, 09:40 AM
A neighbour has just brought to my attention that he could not buy Tomato's for his Co-op quest from me, I checked and had 451,000 tomato's in stock, but all were gifts!! I was under the impression that gifts were used prior to crops? Is this not the case???

They are supposed to be, but in fact are not. I have observed this with both the pineapples and blueberries. If you look right after you load your facilities, it appears that it was the gifted crops that were used, but after you reload the game, it turns out that things have been adjusted, and the harvested crops were used instead. Since I don't sell my crops, I thought it didn't really make much difference, and decided not to submit a ticket (which is what I was told to do if I wanted to report it as a problem). But if it means that neighbors can't buy that item from you, then I think that the developers need to look at it and fix it so that it works the way it's supposed to.

Dulcinea
Jan 17 2017, 09:52 AM

The gifts are used prior to crops in the facilities, but neighbors can't buy gifts from you for the co-ops. Don't know if it's meant to be that way, but that's how it is.

Yes an opt out box would be great, I am blocking farm town soon if they do not add one, I am sick to death of messages asking me to boost ships, which I boost whenever I see them, but as I do not play 24/7 as others seem too they can get stuck for a wee while at mine. This ship thing is for those who are playing the game all day, not for those playing for a couple of hours here and there!!!

Having to log in all day to send ships on their way isn't practical for anyone. We're all waiting for a way to opt out.

Taz D
Jan 17 2017, 10:06 AM
I remind everyone that this thread is only about this release and what has been posted in the first post by Raul.

If you have a problem or question that is not about an item listed in the release, please post that in the Help & Support section.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1

If you have a suggestion about anything including any item listed in first post of this release, please post those in the Suggestion section.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

All posts that are off topic in this thread will be removed.

Jean's Farm
Jan 17 2017, 08:30 PM
Are we getting a new cash crop to replace the Dragon Fruit? This was my way to build up my coinage for upgrades

Dragon Fruit was introduced as a cash crop. Now it's being used.....are we getting a new cash crop??? :(

earlgray
Jan 17 2017, 10:30 PM
The gifts are used prior to crops in the facilities, but neighbors can't buy gifts from you for the co-ops. Don't know if it's meant to be that way, but that's how it is.

The first part of this response is not true. That's the way it's supposed to work, but in fact it doesn't - harvests end up getting used in the facilities before gifts. This is my experience: I have been accepting most of my gifts as pineapples. I currently have 28,164 gift pineapples and 253 harvested pineapples. I used to have over 20,000 harvested pineapples, but that number has been steadily decreasing since I haven't been planting them, but only accepting them as gifts, and the harvested pineapples have been getting used in the facilities rather than the gifted ones. I've reported this on the help thread, but was told it didn't really matter unless I wanted to sell them, in which case I should submit a ticket. I think the developers need to look into this without my having to submit a ticket, which is why I'm responding to this post on this thread.

Dulcinea
Jan 17 2017, 10:41 PM
The first part of this response is not true. That's the way it's supposed to work, but in fact it doesn't - harvests end up getting used in the facilities before gifts. This is my experience: I have been accepting most of my gifts as pineapples. I currently have 28,164 gift pineapples and 253 harvested pineapples. I used to have over 20,000 harvested pineapples, but that number has been steadily decreasing since I haven't been planting them, but only accepting them as gifts, and the harvested pineapples have been getting used in the facilities rather than the gifted ones. I've reported this on the help thread, but was told it didn't really matter unless I wanted to sell them, in which case I should submit a ticket. I think the developers need to look into this without my having to submit a ticket, which is why I'm responding to this post on this thread.

Yes, Tiger posted that the order has changed in this post (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6133442&postcount=2225) over in Help & Support. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other because I never sell things I need for my facilities.

Taz D
Jan 17 2017, 11:03 PM

Yes, Tiger posted that the order has changed in this post (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6133442&postcount=2225) over in Help & Support. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other because I never sell things I need for my facilities.
Hi earlgray and Dulcinea,
We did ask the developers when you (earlgray) brought this up before and were told that yes it had been changed to use regular first, then large and last gifts. This is the way they set it. The only question now is whether gift crops can be bought in the co-op quests if that is all you have left. That question has been sent to Support to determine as we moderators have no way to test this.
If you don't agree with this order of use then please post your suggestion to change it back in the Suggestions.

earlgray
Jan 17 2017, 11:19 PM
Hi earlgray and Dulcinea,
We did ask the developers when you (earlgray) brought this up before and were told that yes it had been changed to use regular first, then large and last gifts. This is the way they set it. The only question now is whether gift crops can be bought in the co-op quests if that is all you have left. That question has been sent to Support to determine as we moderators have no way to test this.
If you don't agree with this order of use then please post your suggestion to change it back in the Suggestions.

Thanks, I'll do that.

Dulcinea
Jan 18 2017, 02:52 PM
The only question now is whether gift crops can be bought in the co-op quests if that is all you have left. That question has been sent to Support to determine as we moderators have no way to test this.

Thanks for checking on that for us. :)

Zeeky Banutski
Jan 19 2017, 06:38 AM
"...I am wondering instead of trying to give us a new release every month if they should not be maybe every 2 or 3 months...also...you should be able to have everything ready on the night you release it..."

I don't agree with part 1 of this comment (maybe every 2-3 months for a new release) - I think the developers do a great job providing new & interesting things - but I do agree with part 2 of this comment - I detest seeing a new release that DOES NOT have everything ready to go at the very moment it's released...if you can't get something ready for a release, then just omit it until next release!

Jean's Farm
Jan 19 2017, 09:33 AM
I don't agree with part 1 of this comment (maybe every 2-3 months for a new release) - I think the developers do a great job providing new & interesting things - but I do agree with part 2 of this comment - I detest seeing a new release that DOES NOT have everything ready to go at the very moment it's released...if you can't get something ready for a release, then just omit it until next release!

I sometimes am annoyed, too that they don't release everything at once. But then I think maybe it is so not to over load the servers and make more problems. :)

mcdaddie
Jan 19 2017, 04:51 PM
I sometimes am annoyed, too that they don't release everything at once. But then I think maybe it is so not to over load the servers and make more problems. :)
There is always a good reason that it takes longer to realease. They take 4 hours from every farm town day, and add it to their time estimates. Simple.

WyoSugar
Jan 19 2017, 06:55 PM
I want to thank Raul and the developers for the wonderful game. However, I wish there was an opt out button for the ships or give the change itinerary option. I have wonderful neighbors who absolutely refuse to click the ships. I have lost 10s of thousands of product because I have to skip them every time. I really do not want to delete them as neighbors, but this is getting to me.

Thanks

Jean's Farm
Jan 20 2017, 08:46 AM
I want to thank Raul and the developers for the wonderful game. However, I wish there was an opt out button for the ships or give the change itinerary option. I have wonderful neighbors who absolutely refuse to click the ships. I have lost 10s of thousands of product because I have to skip them every time. I really do not want to delete them as neighbors, but this is getting to me.

Thanks

I give my neighbors 12-15 hours. Because of time differences and all. Then I skip them. I was stressed about it when it first started but now I look at it as it's more goods than I had before even skipping someone.

The neighbors who refuse to click on them aren't really all that wonderful then. It takes 5 seconds to click on them and it costs them nothing and they get coins in return.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 20 2017, 09:13 AM
I give my neighbors 12-15 hours. Because of time differences and all. Then I skip them. I was stressed about it when it first started but now I look at it as it's more goods than I had before even skipping someone.

The neighbors who refuse to click on them aren't really all that wonderful then. It takes 5 seconds to click on them and it costs them nothing and they get coins in return.

There's also a trick to help with this: Since our itineraries are based on our "Helpers" - those names listed in the yellow part at the bottom - what I do is each morning when I send out my gifts, I ONLY send gifts to those people who I know are doing ships. Then, at night, right before I'm ready to dispatch my ship, I go accept gifts I've received throughout the day - again, only accepting gifts from those who do ships. I try to get 30 of them if I have that many. When you do that, those people will be the ones on your itinerary. Occasionally I'll have a stray or two get in, but I just skip those and all is well. I've never had to skip more than 3 ports and usually its fewer than that.

Once they do the new ships improvements, we won't have to worry about it and I'll be able to send gifts to everyone again - but this is a cool trick between now and then. I can't take credit for figuring this out. A neighbor told me and it works!

Tiger
Jan 20 2017, 09:51 AM
There's also a trick to help with this: Since our itineraries are based on our "Helpers" - those names listed in the yellow part at the bottom - what I do is each morning when I send out my gifts, I ONLY send gifts to those people who I know are doing ships. Then, at night, right before I'm ready to dispatch my ship, I go accept gifts I've received throughout the day - again, only accepting gifts from those who do ships. I try to get 30 of them if I have that many. When you do that, those people will be the ones on your itinerary. Occasionally I'll have a stray or two get in, but I just skip those and all is well. I've never had to skip more than 3 ports and usually its fewer than that.

Once they do the new ships improvements, we won't have to worry about it and I'll be able to send gifts to everyone again - but this is a cool trick between now and then. I can't take credit for figuring this out. A neighbor told me and it works!

Hi Susan,

Just to be very clear to anyone who reads your post. This is not a "trick". I would not like anyone to think that tricks (making something work other than the way the developers intended it to work, like layering/stacking) can be posted on the open forum as they can not.

As the developers have previously posted, the game will look in the Games Activity Panel for neighbours that have helped you in the past week and then for neighbours by last activity to assign your ships itinerary.

The key is understanding the way the Game Activity Panel beneath your game screen works. Your friends appear in there when they have helped you in some way, whether it be by your accepting a gift from them or them helping you on your farm or working your facilites, sending bonuses, ingredients etc.

As the game first looks in there for your neighbours that have helped you, to help decide your itinerary, any neighbour that has helped in the last week, and is showing up in that panel, is more likely to be chosen for your itinerary. So some of them should show up in your itinerary. If the game can not find enough in there it will still look for neighbours based on last activity date.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 20 2017, 10:32 AM
Hi Susan,

Just to be very clear to anyone who reads your post. This is not a "trick". I would not like anyone to think that tricks (making something work other than the way the developers intended it to work, like layering/stacking) can be posted on the open forum as they can not.

Oh sorry! No - this is just learning to use the way the game is set up to help solve a problem some previous posters were addressing. Not meaning to suggest anything beyond that.

Taz D
Jan 20 2017, 02:00 PM
[quote=Taz D;6133622] The only question now is whether gift crops can be bought in the co-op quests if that is all you have left. That question has been sent to Support to determine as we moderators have no way to test this.

I have brought this matter up with support and the only response that they thought fit was
"Hi Stephen,

Originally, gifts were used first, but this was changed.

Rob

Slashkey Support Staff"

Clearly that do not see it as an issue!!!!!!!
Hi Grumpdad,
We have asked the developers and the rules for co-op quests have never allowed the use of gift products for co-op quest buying.

Grumpdad
Jan 20 2017, 09:05 PM
[quote=Grumpdad;6133834]
Hi Grumpdad,
We have asked the developers and the rules for co-op quests have never allowed the use of gift products for co-op quest buying.

But the order of usage has been altered after that decision, by changing one rule and not the other it has effectively made gifts useless, surely this should be addressed???

Taz D
Jan 20 2017, 09:13 PM
[quote=Taz D;6134038]

But the order of usage has been altered after that decision, by changing one rule and not the other it has effectively made gifts useless, surely this should be addressed???
Hi Grumpdad,
Changing the order did not have anything to do with whether co-op quests could use gift products or not. That rule has been in place since the beginning of the co-op quests.
You can still use your gifts (tomatoes in your case) to fill your facilities and can even sell them to others farmer to farmer in trade. The only exception being in the co-op quests others cannot buy those tomatoes from you because they are from gifts.
If you wish to make a suggestion to change this please post your suggestion in the Suggestions section of the forums. You can not start a new thread in that section, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

Aussie Rae
Jan 20 2017, 09:25 PM
try posting an Ingredient request for needed crops, those do count towards the quests.

Taz D
Jan 20 2017, 09:33 PM
try posting an Ingredient request for needed crops, those do count towards the quests.
Hi Aussie Rae,
It was a co-op quest and buying ingredients from someone who only had gifts of that crop. You can not post ingredient requests for those. For regular quests you can post ingredient requests or use gifts if you have the Gifting Lifeline.

Grumpdad
Jan 20 2017, 09:40 PM
[quote=Grumpdad;6134086]
Hi Grumpdad,
Changing the order did not have anything to do with whether co-op quests could use gift products or not. That rule has been in place since the beginning of the co-op quests.
You can still use your gifts (tomatoes in your case) to fill your facilities and can even sell them to others farmer to farmer in trade. The only exception being in the co-op quests others cannot buy those tomatoes from you because they are from gifts.
If you wish to make a suggestion to change this please post your suggestion in the Suggestions section of the forums. You can not start a new thread in that section, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

There seems to be no point in that, I brought the matter up in support, put the matter in the feed of the ticket which was closed without even a reply being made!

Aussie Rae
Jan 20 2017, 11:14 PM
Hi Aussie Rae,
It was a co-op quest and buying ingredients from someone who only had gifts of that crop. You can not post ingredient requests for those. For regular quests you can post ingredient requests or use gifts if you have the Gifting Lifeline.

fair enough, but I know people who have not had enough of a product that others(person A) can purchase for their co-op, and after that (person B) posts an ingredient request, and the goods are sent to storage, the (person A) was able to buy those goods, whether crops etc...

Taz D
Jan 20 2017, 11:20 PM
fair enough, but I know people who have not had enough of a product that others(person A) can purchase for their co-op, and after that (person B) posts an ingredient request, and the goods are sent to storage, the (person A) was able to buy those goods, whether crops etc...
Hi Aussie Rae,
That would be because Ingredient Requests are regular size boxes instead of gifts. Good point though. It was just a situation none had ever run into before that I know of, so we got clarification from the developers.

Grumpdad
Jan 20 2017, 11:37 PM

I see where you are coming from, but the first time I fill my facilities I will be back to where I was, this is a short term solution that does not address the problem, but thanks anyway, I guess we will have to wait until others get hit by this and complain, perhaps then the cause of the problem might be addressed, who knows???

Aussie Rae
Jan 21 2017, 12:14 AM
I see where you are coming from, but the first time I fill my facilities I will be back to where I was, this is a short term solution that does not address the problem, but thanks anyway, I guess we will have to wait until others get hit by this and complain, perhaps then the cause of the problem might be addressed, who knows???

we can only hope.. one thing I noticed with my own stored goods was the amounts used when doing the NCC.. they dropped alarmingly fast .. now I don't bother with the NCC, just went back to my normal method of posting facs once or twice a week.. yet I still manage to be in the top 4 of the ncc each week, which is fine with me.

Grumpdad
Jan 21 2017, 12:27 AM
we can only hope.. one thing I noticed with my own stored goods was the amounts used when doing the NCC.. they dropped alarmingly fast .. now I don't bother with the NCC, just went back to my normal method of posting facs once or twice a week.. yet I still manage to be in the top 4 of the ncc each week, which is fine with me.

I guess my problem is that I am a people player, I always leave 4 co-ops open, I work my butt off in the NCC, I purchased long fish cars to help others, I have lost count of how many fish farms, semi truck trailers etc I have. To get a message to say I had no tomato's was like getting a slap in the face which is why I posted here and complained in an effort to get the matter sorted so that others do not get caught out! I have solved it my end by selling all the gifts that can be used in facilities, it cannot happen again to me, but others will come across the problem sooner rather than later, sad but true.:o

LazyMare
Jan 21 2017, 02:51 AM
Hello Farmers! A maintenance is currently in progress. Thanks for your patience.

Estimated 03.30 to c. 05.30

Majik Merlin
Jan 21 2017, 05:30 AM
I'm finally getting the hang of the boats; I have and work all seven, BUT...forgive me if this has been brought up before.... is there any way the boats can be highlighted when they are ready to unload? Going through each one is frustrating since they don't all complete in order. Also maybe (if this isn't asking too much) a way to see which ones have NOT been sent???

Yeah, I know... I'm lazy.... ;)

marymarcel
Jan 21 2017, 06:42 AM
I'm finally getting the hang of the boats; I have and work all seven, BUT...forgive me if this has been brought up before.... is there any way the boats can be highlighted when they are ready to unload? Going through each one is frustrating since they don't all complete in order. Also maybe (if this isn't asking too much) a way to see which ones have NOT been sent???

Yeah, I know... I'm lazy.... ;)

Hi Majik Merlin :)

Please post your ideas in our Suggestions section. You have a thread opened for suggestions for trains and ships, this way, all ideas are posted in the same place and it is easier for the developers to get them all.

This is the link to that thread

Rugged Barbie
Jan 21 2017, 10:59 AM
Gifts being selectively used defeats the purpose of my having purchased all the gifting tools from the store. I spent tons of FC to buy them all and now find they are not really added to my totally usable inventory.

Also, when fueling up, the gift fuel tanks aren't being added to my usable fuel supply as it says after fueling up, 0 gifts used. Why aren't these gift fuel tanks being added and used when I fuel up?

Taz D
Jan 21 2017, 11:19 AM
Gifts being selectively used defeats the purpose of my having purchased all the gifting tools from the store. I spent tons of FC to buy them all and now find they are not really added to my totally usable inventory.

Also, when fueling up, the gift fuel tanks aren't being added to my usable fuel supply as it says after fueling up, 0 gifts used. Why aren't these gift fuel tanks being added and used when I fuel up?
Hi Rugged Barbie,
If you have stored those gift fuel tanks then they are added into the total for the ones from refinery. The only way they will show separately as gifts is if you leave them in the gift box.

Aussie Rae
Jan 21 2017, 04:51 PM
I guess my problem is that I am a people player, I always leave 4 co-ops open, I work my butt off in the NCC, I purchased long fish cars to help others, I have lost count of how many fish farms, semi truck trailers etc I have. To get a message to say I had no tomato's was like getting a slap in the face which is why I posted here and complained in an effort to get the matter sorted so that others do not get caught out! I have solved it my end by selling all the gifts that can be used in facilities, it cannot happen again to me, but others will come across the problem sooner rather than later, sad but true.:o

I think people get helped when I fill to 100% all my 1,126 facilities and post them...

Majik Merlin
Jan 22 2017, 08:56 AM
I work my farm several times a day and work folks ships most everytime I log on, Latelty I have gone in to work ships that say they have been there for several hours, sometimes up to 8 or more hourse. The problem is, i have checked them about 2 or 3 hours previously...how can they have been there so much longer when they weren't there before?

Majik Merlin
Jan 22 2017, 01:42 PM

Please post your ideas in our Suggestions section. You have a thread opened for suggestions for trains and ships, this way, all ideas are posted in the same place and it is easier for the developers to get them all.

This is the link to that thread

This is NOT an idea or suggestion. It is a glitch and needs to be corrected

marymarcel
Jan 22 2017, 01:47 PM
This is NOT an idea or suggestion. It is a glitch and needs to be corrected

My comment about posting your ideas in Suggestion section was for the ideas you posted in post 191 not about the ships waiting in your port for many hours.

Please scroll up the page to find it. Thank you :)

Majik Merlin
Jan 22 2017, 03:53 PM

My comment about posting your ideas in Suggestion section was for the ideas you posted in post 191 not about the ships waiting in your port for many hours.

Please scroll up the page to find it. Thank you :)
"YOU " scroll up... post196 ,

You had already posted a reply the other day re the 'suggestion'.

I did not need a duplicate response to that, but rather the one just before your post about the ships not registeringl

marymarcel
Jan 22 2017, 04:02 PM
"YOU " scroll up... post196 ,

You had already posted a reply the other day re the 'suggestion'.

I did not need a duplicate response to that, but rather the one just before your post about the ships not registeringl

Yesterday when you posted your ideas in post 191 I quoted your post and responded you in post 192 inviting you to post in Suggestions.

Today you posted about ships times in your port in post 196, non of the moderators have responded you as we are waiting for the developers to read your problem as we are not able to duplicate it.

Rugged Barbie
Jan 23 2017, 09:47 AM
I work my farm several times a day and work folks ships most everytime I log on, Latelty I have gone in to work ships that say they have been there for several hours, sometimes up to 8 or more hourse. The problem is, i have checked them about 2 or 3 hours previously...how can they have been there so much longer when they weren't there before?

Agreed. Same thing happens to me.

jfedwards
Jan 23 2017, 10:42 AM
ive even seen some just pop in and they say they been there several minutes when i know that cant be true... as i was just sending some on..i think someones clock is way wrong on them:(

Grumpdad
Jan 23 2017, 10:44 AM
You post here and the MODS yell at you to post in suggestions, you post in suggestions and you do not even know if the DEVS even read it, you contact support directly and they close the ticket without evening making a comment or reply to it? Wonder why people are getting frustrated . . . . . . . .

Yes I am another player interested in playing

Taz D
Jan 23 2017, 11:01 AM
You post here and the MODS yell at you to post in suggestions, you post in suggestions and you do not even know if the DEVS even read it, you contact support directly and they close the ticket without evening making a comment or reply to it? Wonder why people are getting frustrated . . . . . . . .

Yes I am another player interested in playing
Hi Grumpdad,
We tell you to post your suggestions for change in the Suggestions section , because the developers have asked that all suggestions be located in that section for them to read all together. Yes they do read that section when deciding what to do for future releases. That does not mean they will implement your suggestion, but they are read.
You did get a reply to your support ticket and you even posted it here. We also went back to the developers for clarification on your problem and you got that answer here as well.

Taz D
Jan 23 2017, 11:04 AM
ive even seen some just pop in and they say they been there several minutes when i know that cant be true... as i was just sending some on..i think someones clock is way wrong on them:(
Hi jfedwards,
Even if you have your farms open, they are not in constant contact with the servers. The servers only update your data on your computer when you do something such as change farms, harvest a crop, open a manager, so yes it could be that a ship had been in your seaport for a short time before you see it.

Majik Merlin
Jan 23 2017, 11:08 AM
Hi jfedwards,
Even if you have your farms open, they are not in constant contact with the servers. The servers only update your data on your computer when you do something such as change farms, harvest a crop, open a manager, so yes it could be that a ship had been in your seaport for a short time before you see it.

It should update when you leave farmtown and come back 15 min or more, only to find some that say they have been there 4 hours or more and they weren't there 15 minutes earlier.

I'm glad to hear, I am not the only one encountering this.

Taz D
Jan 23 2017, 11:12 AM
It should update when you leave farmtown and come back 15 min or more, only to find some that say they have been there 4 hours or more and they weren't there 15 minutes earlier.

I'm glad to hear, I am not the only one encountering this.
Hi Majik Merlin,
I agree. However, jfedwards was talking about a few minutes difference, not hours as you have said. We have not been able to duplicate what you are saying about hours.

Grumpdad
Jan 23 2017, 01:18 PM
Hi Grumpdad,
We tell you to post your suggestions for change in the Suggestions section , because the developers have asked that all suggestions be located in that section for them to read all together. Yes they do read that section when deciding what to do for future releases. That does not mean they will implement your suggestion, but they are read.
You did get a reply to your support ticket and you even posted it here. We also went back to the developers for clarification on your problem and you got that answer here as well.

I take the slapped hand graciously, I did not explain fully and accept that, the initial question was answered as you pointed out, it was the questions posted after that were not, it was only when I went to add a further comment I found that the ticket had been closed. I was about to add " Perhaps it is time to introduce another gift packer, one that reverts the usage back to gifts first, this way there can be no confusion as to what is used where and when"
I have looked in the suggestions area to add this but cannot find a suitable thread, perhaps, if you this the idea warrants looking at you could post it somewhere suitable for me?

I apologise if my previous comment was somewhat on the negative side, I see that it is so having read it again.

Tiger
Jan 23 2017, 01:34 PM
I take the slapped hand graciously, I did not explain fully and accept that, the initial question was answered as you pointed out, it was the questions posted after that were not, it was only when I went to add a further comment I found that the ticket had been closed. I was about to add " Perhaps it is time to introduce another gift packer, one that reverts the usage back to gifts first, this way there can be no confusion as to what is used where and when"
I have looked in the suggestions area to add this but cannot find a suitable thread, perhaps, if you this the idea warrants looking at you could post it somewhere suitable for me?

I apologise if my previous comment was somewhat on the negative side, I see that it is so having read it again.

Hi Grumpdad,

Taz is not available at this time.

You need to post the request yourself in Suggestions.
If you are requesting an new gifting tool, then your idea will fit in either the tools section or the one about "Gifts on the gift page/gifting"

badpoodle
Jan 23 2017, 03:42 PM
how do i prevent neighbors' ships from docking at my port? i do not want to play farm town every day, but this ship thing pressures me to log in to my farm daily so i don't anger my neighbors. we really need a way to opt out of being a port. in the meantime, i've been restraining from clicking on neighbors' links for facility help, bonus sharing, gifts, etc.

Taz D
Jan 23 2017, 04:24 PM
how do i prevent neighbors' ships from docking at my port? i do not want to play farm town every day, but this ship thing pressures me to log in to my farm daily so i don't anger my neighbors. we really need a way to opt out of being a port. in the meantime, i've been restraining from clicking on neighbors' links for facility help, bonus sharing, gifts, etc.
Hi badpoodle,
I am sorry, but there isn't any way currently to prevent ships of your neighbors from docking at your seaport. As far as we know there are currently no plans to provide an opt out. The only information in this release is to allow those sending out ships to be able to change up to 10 neighbor ports. This hasn't been release yet.

Aussie Rae
Jan 23 2017, 05:07 PM
sigh... Jan 6 - Jan 24... still waiting for "next week" LOL

badpoodle
Jan 23 2017, 05:43 PM
thank you, taz, for your fast reply to my question. in the meantime, i'll continue deleting facebook friends til i can get my farm town neighbor situation to a more manageable number. i've known for a long time i have too many facebook "friends" for no reason other than the desirability of neighbor numbers on farm town.

Grumpdad
Jan 24 2017, 03:16 AM

I too have been converting my gifts to fuel tanks of late, it also reports o gifts when I go to refuel, but when I check how many fuel tanks I have both from facility and gifts, that the amount the game is using, the gifts appear to being added to those from the facilities. I have not refuelled yet to test this out as I still have 7 million fuel to use before I need too.
But it appears that they will be used.

Rugged Barbie
Jan 25 2017, 11:33 AM

This seems to have been the Owner's intentions re. these boats - to force us to enter the game more often. It may be good for their numbers but it's driving me away - and some others.

I'm also quite ill and will be away for some periods at a time and I don't like that I am unable, as a courtesy, to close my port. This is a neck hold on us, the players, being forced into doing something the Owner's want us to do.

Aussie Rae
Jan 25 2017, 09:14 PM
a week is 7 days, or am I wrong.... some how this "week" has been the longest in history, since Jan 6 to now.. its Jan 26th here in Australia... 20 days is more than " next week" my ships have been stacked on top of each other on my Storage farm and not been touched for over a week (7 days) and will stay that way for eternity it seems.. LOL

Taz D
Jan 25 2017, 09:44 PM
Raul has just posted:

- Create the ships itinerary when the preparation phase starts and allow the replacement of up to 10 neighbour ports in your itinerary. See more info in the post above.

- In addition to been able to replace ports in your itinerary, you can reorder your ports any way you like, using your mouse to drag and drop a port up or down as you wish.

- During the release of the latest changes, we introduced a bug that caused the ship dispatch operations to fail for those users that had the Ship Manager open during the time we released the changes. This issue is now fixed.

- We will introduce a new preference 'Enable Ships' for the next release, that will allow you to disable your Ships and your Port. During that time, your ships will not advance and your port will not receive any ships from other players.

javsue
Jan 25 2017, 09:54 PM
Where did my post go?

I posted about my purple dispatched ship no longer showing a shipping log. All the ports disappeared and it says that I have to dispatch the ship. The was done around 10:25pm. I checked and saw Raul's post but obviously it isn't fixed. The ship appears still in shadow and prepare ship is grayed out. If I hover over the containers it says prepare containers but that was all done and I dispatched the ship and even checked to see what ports it was going to. Please let the powers to be know it is not fixed.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1399305908&farm_ix=10

Taz D
Jan 25 2017, 09:58 PM
Where did my post go?

I posted about my purple dispatched ship no longer showing a shipping log. All the ports disappeared and it says that I have to dispatch the ship. The was done around 10:25pm. I checked and saw Raul's post but obviously it isn't fixed. The ship appears still in shadow and prepare ship is grayed out. If I hover over the containers it says prepare containers but that was all done and I dispatched the ship and even checked to see what ports it was going to. Please let the powers to be know it is not fixed.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1399305908&farm_ix=10
Hi javsue,
Your post was moved to the Help & Support section subject thread about Cargo Ships and answered there. Here is a link to that thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626490

Your purple ship dispatched 35 minutes ago.

trina531
Jan 25 2017, 10:03 PM
thank you thank you thank you for listening to everyone's concerns and coming up with some great solutions. This is one reason I continue to play the game...you work hard to make your players happy. Looks my ships may head out tomorrow again Ship Ahoy!

Dulcinea
Jan 25 2017, 10:23 PM

Thank you! :)

petals
Jan 25 2017, 10:33 PM
I have a ship stuck in my port that no matter how many times I fill it and it shows it as being done, as soon as I close my port it shows up as being in there again.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 25 2017, 10:40 PM
Raul has just posted:

YAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't have a ship ready to launch until tomorrow morning but can hardly wait to get up and try this out. LOVE this game! Thank you so much for considering our feedback. That is SO good for SO many reasons. :)

Moose Mob
Jan 25 2017, 10:46 PM
I have come back to give this a try. I started prepping the first ship, rearranged some ports, replaced a couple. I am guessing as to activity of most not-very-close neighbors. After the first round of rearranging I went and started the first container and ** came back to find most of my rearranging was set back to before I started**. I am glad that I was able to replace a person that hasn't been online in 3 days but I am guessing as to most folks activity (or lack thereof). This is getting to be a long drawn out experiment.

JAS0643
Jan 25 2017, 11:25 PM
I have a ship that I think is messed up due to the upgrade. I clicked on dispatch about 20 minutes ago an itinerary came up but now it is empty. The dispatch button is grayed out and none of the containers are loaded but they all was loaded. I didn't change the itinerary it didn't come up to give me an option to do so. Here are some screen grabs so you can see what I am talking about.

BarbLH
Jan 25 2017, 11:34 PM
I have a ship stuck in my port that no matter how many times I fill it and it shows it as being done, as soon as I close my port it shows up as being in there again.

Similar situation: I have 2 ships stuck in my port. I've cleared my cache & I ran the FT memcache but they're still there. I also updated Chrome - still no luck. Help!

Taz D
Jan 25 2017, 11:40 PM
Similar situation: I have 2 ships stuck in my port. I've cleared my cache & I ran the FT memcache but they're still there. I also updated Chrome - still no luck. Help!
Hi BarbLH,
The developers are aware of the problems with the ships and are working on them. Please be patient until they can fix it.

BarbLH
Jan 26 2017, 12:02 AM
Hi BarbLH,
The developers are aware of the problems with the ships and are working on them. Please be patient until they can fix it.

OK, ty Taz!! I can surely be patient, time to call it a night here, LOL!

RFMad
Jan 26 2017, 12:13 AM
I refreshed my game and dispatched a ship around 11pm mountain time but it didn't let me chose my itinerary . Is this live for my time zone? Thanks.

Aussie Rae
Jan 26 2017, 01:48 AM
Thank you!! :)

Moose Mob
Jan 26 2017, 07:33 AM
I started to prep a ship last night and came back this morning to see the itinerary has gone back to the one originally assigned.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 26 2017, 08:19 AM
You probably already know about this issue, but I just dispatched the ship I had been filling yesterday and it was like it had always been, i.e., I didn't get an interface where I could choose my neighbors or rearrange them.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 26 2017, 09:40 AM
Again, probably another issue that's already been reported, but I just went to my port and there were 2 ships there. Problem is that one of them said it had been waiting for over 10 hours and I've been sending ships on their way all morning but that one has never been there until now.

Taz D
Jan 26 2017, 10:10 AM
You probably already know about this issue, but I just dispatched the ship I had been filling yesterday and it was like it had always been, i.e., I didn't get an interface where I could choose my neighbors or rearrange them.
Hi Susan,
I have one like that too. I don't think the change was applied to ships already in the preparation stage.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 26 2017, 10:52 AM
Hi Susan,
I have one like that too. I don't think the change was applied to ships already in the preparation stage.

Yeah, I figured that might have been what happened. I started that ship around 10am yesterday morning so probably the new stuff hadn't been applied by then. Hopefully I'll get it next time!

Aussie Rae
Jan 26 2017, 05:06 PM

I started prep after reading the updates, and finished all 10 containers but didn't send them til I awoke this morning.. found that even though I thought I had exchanged one person, somehow they still showed up after the ship was dispatched, but it was still better than before.. I took note of which of my ft neighbors were online and tried to arrange the order so that the ship went to them first, had to skip that rogue port but all the rest were done in record time.. once we get used to it, its going to be so easy... :) the developers have been listening and working hard to help us out, :)

Aussie Rae
Jan 26 2017, 07:12 PM
Thank you slashkey, :) and the most important thing is that now no ship will ever get stuck at Port 30.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 26 2017, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I figured that might have been what happened. I started that ship around 10am yesterday morning so probably the new stuff hadn't been applied by then. Hopefully I'll get it next time!

I've still got issues. I just dispatched the ship I started this morning and still didn't get anything that would have allowed me to remove neighbors and/or reorder. So sorry to those of you who don't want ships. :(

Aussie Rae
Jan 26 2017, 08:17 PM
I've still got issues. I just dispatched the ship I started this morning and still didn't get anything that would have allowed me to remove neighbors and/or reorder. So sorry to those of you who don't want ships. :(

one of my neighbors messaged me as she could not see the ships log, but after doing the memcache and reloading the game she was able to... this morning I have 40 of my neighbors online, on the farm at the same time, its the first time I have ever seen so many playing at the exact same time!! must have something to do with these ships, LOL

Taz D
Jan 26 2017, 08:40 PM
Hi Susan,
Please note you have to make those changes while you are preparing the containers. You won't be able to change the order or replace neighbors after the ship has been dispatched.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 26 2017, 08:43 PM
one of my neighbors messaged me as she could not see the ships log, but after doing the memcache and reloading the game she was able to... this morning I have 40 of my neighbors online, on the farm at the same time, its the first time I have ever seen so many playing at the exact same time!! must have something to do with these ships, LOL

I'll try that but I don't think that's it because I was on one computer this morning when I did the first one and a different computer tonight when I dispatched the second one. I do the memcache on this morning's computer pretty often - maybe had done it yesterday? I'll run it on this one before starting tomorrow's ship - I haven't played FT on this particular computer for about a month so wouldn't have run the memcache recently. If anyone has any other tips, I'd appreciate hearing them. I really want tomorrow's ship to work. :(

Taz D
Jan 26 2017, 08:45 PM
I'll try that but I don't think that's it because I was on one computer this morning when I did the first one and a different computer tonight when I dispatched the second one. I do the memcache on this morning's computer pretty often - maybe had done it yesterday? I'll run it on this one before starting tomorrow's ship - I haven't played FT on this particular computer for about a month so wouldn't have run the memcache recently. If anyone has any other tips, I'd appreciate hearing them. I really want tomorrow's ship to work. :(
Hi Susan,
The memcache does not clear your computer. It's purpose is to clear the server to force it to reload the data. Clearing your browser cache is what clears on the individual computer.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 26 2017, 08:49 PM
Hi Susan,
Please note you have to make those changes while you are preparing the containers. You won't be able to change the order or replace neighbors after the ship has been dispatched.

While preparing the containers? I may not be doing this right. I looked for something to allow me to do that when I first started my ship today but didn't see it. So then I expected to see the screen when I clicked Dispatch but nothing was different. I'll go see if I can find some instructions. That might help. :)

Taz D
Jan 26 2017, 08:55 PM
While preparing the containers? I may not be doing this right. I looked for something to allow me to do that when I first started my ship today but didn't see it. So then I expected to see the screen when I clicked Dispatch but nothing was different. I'll go see if I can find some instructions. That might help. :)
Hi Susan,
After you click the Prepare Ship button, then start the first container, then click on the logbook tab and you will see those.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 26 2017, 09:00 PM
Hi Susan,
After you click the Prepare Ship button, then start the first container, then click on the logbook tab and you will see those.

Bummer. Nope. Hadn't seen that. I found it in what Raul wrote ("When you start preparing your ship, you can now go to the Ship Logbook tab") - just hadn't read that part.

So to make SURE I do it right tomorrow - I go to the Ship Logbook AFTER I start the first container?

Taz D
Jan 26 2017, 09:02 PM
Bummer. Nope. Hadn't seen that. I found it in what Raul wrote ("When you start preparing your ship, you can now go to the Ship Logbook tab") - just hadn't read that part.

So to make SURE I do it right tomorrow - I go to the Ship Logbook AFTER I start the first container?
Yes, that way you have started the preparation.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 26 2017, 09:19 PM

Ok, thanks.

Grumpdad
Jan 27 2017, 08:51 AM

I have now refuelled, and the gift fuel tanks were added to the total, gift fuel tanks that were still in my gift box that I had not stored were added to the gift section, all is good.:)

Farmer_Susan
Jan 27 2017, 09:22 AM

GOT IT!!!!! Very nice interface - easy instructions. Very exciting!

JbarLFarms
Jan 27 2017, 11:05 AM

I just want to say thank you to the Devs for all they've done to make the cargo ships a great asset to the game! The modification of being able to change the itinerary for ports visited makes all the difference and I am a very happy camper.. or should I say farmer. I also want to thank the moderators who manage to keep their cool when unhappy farmers complain to the point of being rude sometimes. I can't say enough good things about the people who make this game the best that it can be... You guys rock! :)