PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- March 6th, 2017

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Mar 06 2017, 06:54 PM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on March 16th, 8:15PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: EN ESPAŅOL AQUI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627982)

1. 8 St. Patrick items: 1 as gift, 5 in the top of the St Patricks category in the Store and 2 at the bottom.

2. 25 New Levels: 13 Buildings, 9 Farm Decors, 3 Motion items and 2 more in the Other category in the Store. Highest level is now 825.

3. Last 5 expansions for Farm 32: See prices below:

34x34 - 20500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
36x36 - 21000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
38x38 - 21500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
40x40 - 22000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
42x42 - 22500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

4. Crop tools 5 x 5 with extended mode support (FC): This new set of crop tools will work all fields in a squared area the size of 5x5 fields using the new faster method of farming, only highlighting a fixed squared section of the farm.

The main benefit of these tools is for working up to 400 partially overlapped fields at once. Overlapping fields is still not officially supported but if you do it on your farms or work on other players farms that do overlap fields, these new set of tools will enable a much faster farming, very similar to the experience of using the Tree Shaker 20x20 to harvest up to 400 trees, or when using the Fishing Turbo Boat 20 x 20 to harvest up to 400 overlapped water items in a squared area the size of 5x5 fields.

Notice these tools only work on items that are already present on the farm, that's why there are only 4 of them:

Seeder Ex 5x5
Harvester Ex 5x5
Combine Harvest-Plow Ex 5x5
Combine Harvest-Plant Ex 5x5

The Plower Ex 5x5 with extended mode support is not part of this release.

The price will be 50 FC for each tool. In the next few moths we plan to continue improving the performance of these tools.

Also, when these tools works in extended mode they work on an area of 5x5 fields, but when you disable the extended mode, they will start working on an area of 16x16 fields and will behave in the exact same way as the current crop tools 16x16 that we already have in the game.

5. Ships Improvements released in the past 3 weeks:

a) For dispatched ships, the Ship Logbook tab is highlighting in pink the disabled neighbour ports. These will be ports that were disabled after the ship was dispatched.
b) When someone load your ship, if the next port in the itinerary is disabled, the ship will automatically skip that port and move to the next port in the itinerary that is currently enabled for ships
c) You can now work your ships while visiting other players farms and perform all operations on them as if you were on your own farm, prepare containers, dispatch, etc. For this just use your Seaport Manager as usual, and open any ships you like to work on. When you open your ships from the Seaport Manager those will always be your ships. When you open a ship located on another player farm, then you will see the information of that player ship.
d) The Ship Manager will not allow to start preparation for containers if there is not enough time for the container to complete it's preparation in the 24 hours available to prepare the ship.
e) When a container finishes preparation we will alert you with a message box so you can go and start preparing another or dispatch the ship without losing much time.
f) When a ship is Dispatched, you can now go to the help of each container (? sign) in the Ship Manager to check how many of each products are currently loaded in the container, just mouse over the product images.
g) There is a Closed Eye in the Seaport Manager that will allow you to hide those ships that you don't want to see in the Seaport Manager, ex: ships that you have sold, added to storage or are using as a decoration.
h) We have increased the rewards for working others ships in the Seaport Manager. Instead of 500 coins per container, the amount of coins will depend on the user level, going from 500 coins up to 2500 coins per container.

6. Ships Improvements:

a) If you remove a neighbour that is part of your itinerary, from that point on we will show it's name as "Deleted" and will show the correct picture instead of the generic silhouette.
b) Show real facebook names in a tooltip when mouse over user photos in Cooperative Quests, Neighborhood Chains Contest, Ships and Neighbour Bar screens. This will help people identify better their neighbours.
c) We have removed the capability of ships to become transparent when dispatched. It was working only when ships were dispatched from the farm that they were located, but since the introduction of the 'My Ships' tab in the Seaport Manager, you can dispatch any ship from any farm and therefore the transparency on ships would not work as expected. Fixing this will require a considerable amount of changes and since the 'My Ships' tab already provide a comprehensive status for all your ships in one place, we decided to remove the transparency feature instead.

7. Western Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Western Supplies.

Stirrups
Saddle Bag
Bandanna
Western Boots
Womens Fringe Jacket
Womens Wallet
Belt Buckle
Boot Polish

8. Bar Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Bar Supplies.

Cocktail Shaker
Wine Opener
Liquor Pourer
Spill Mat
Beer Keg
Martini Glass
Cocktail Sticks
Blender

9. Cowboy Shop (FC): Provides Western Wear Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Western Supplies Factory.

10. Bar Supplies Shop (Coins): Provides Bar Supplies Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Bar Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - March 8th, 4:50PM

- Bugfix: The images of the new facilities appeared wrong when asking for help, also there were issues when asking for help from the 2 new service facilities.
- Released the Crop tools 5 x 5 with extended mode support
- Released ships improvements a) and c) in the item #6 above in the main post.

Post-Release Updates - March 8th, 7:35PM

- Bugfix: We introduced a bug with the latest fix for the facility posting that is causing issues with other facilities. Please reload the game for this fix to take affect. Also, the posts that were already made will not work, the fix will only correct new posts from this point on.

Post-Release Updates - March 9th, 9:20AM

- BugFix: Some players were experiencing XLINK errors when visiting other players farms, including (but not limited to) when trying to work their facilities.

Post-Release Updates - March 10th, 9:30PM

Bugfix: When using the new crop 5x5 extended mode tools, as an employee/super-neighbour, the recently worked fields do not completely disappear from the farm.
Bugfix: Pictures not showing for non neighbours in the Seaport Manager
Bugfix: Hidden ships in the Seaport Manager showing again after a while
Bugfix: Occasionally, all containers were shown in pink when dispatching ships

Post-Release Updates - March 11th, 6:00PM

- Bugfix: Recently harvested items are reappearing even with the eye closed when using the harvester tools in regular, non-extended mode.

Post-Release Updates - March 15th, 5:00PM

- Released 25 new levels. Notice that the amount of XP points to reach each level higher than 800 have been increased compared to the usual previous increases.
- Released ship improvement b) in the item #6 above in the main post
- The smaller harvesters (non extended mode tools) were not highlighting the targeted fields correctly, sometimes it was highlighting fields that were not in the correct squared area for the tool
- Bugfix: Fixed issues when navigating to other players farms from the Seaport Manager.

Post-Release Updates - March 16th, 8:15PM

-BugFix: Missing navigation bar in the Cooperative Quest screen.

Known Issues:

- None

ajjeni
Mar 06 2017, 06:58 PM
thanks....love you guys.....

Tiger
Mar 06 2017, 07:05 PM
Thanks very much Raul and development team :D

crafty chris
Mar 06 2017, 07:08 PM
thanks a million :)

Taz D
Mar 06 2017, 07:17 PM
Thanks Raul!

Lee Ann
Mar 06 2017, 07:23 PM
Thanks again ! You all keep this game interesting , always something new to try out !

beverduster
Mar 06 2017, 07:41 PM
the realtor wont let me get the expnsions, it says i have gottin all of them, but my fm 32is still 32x

Taz D
Mar 06 2017, 07:48 PM
the realtor wont let me get the expnsions, it says i have gottin all of them, but my fm 32is still 32x
Hi beverduster,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

beverduster
Mar 06 2017, 07:54 PM
Hi beverduster,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

thanks taz, its workin now,

WendyP57
Mar 06 2017, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the update, always nice to get shiny new toys :)

Tom C
Mar 06 2017, 08:44 PM
Well I see we did not make the preparing the contains any faster for the ships.

Farmer_Susan
Mar 06 2017, 08:53 PM
AWESOME!!!!! The thing I've wanted MOST for FOREVER is a faster way to plant! I am SO excited to get these tools! Thank you!

max_river
Mar 06 2017, 09:01 PM
ty ty ty for the good stuff

Cherry's Farm
Mar 06 2017, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the update

SEMO Bill
Mar 06 2017, 09:43 PM
Great Update, looking forward to the new Tools and Levels.

Any idea when we'll start earning Belts and Dans for Facility products?

We have 21 Facilities now that don't earn them yet. And well, I don't have any to earn (got them all).

FarmerWitch
Mar 07 2017, 12:23 AM
Thank you for the new release!

NJones277
Mar 07 2017, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the new release! Can't wait to get the new tools. One thing I noticed with the ships, three of mine are still transparent and they're not dispatched. Will all the ships stay as they are or can we look forward to all ships being non-transparent?

You guys gave us stuff that I didn't see anyone ask for, but all is awesome and appreciated. Just goes to show why this game is so special.

Wendiddy
Mar 07 2017, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the new release. Looking forward to the new tools. Though my heart breaks a little every time a new facility needs blue or red ink. I can never keep up even with an ink and pigments factory on all 32 farms.

meirwen59@aol.com
Mar 07 2017, 05:10 AM
Just an observation , If layering farms is not officially endorsed by the developers , why are they bringing out Farm cash tools to speed up planting ?? This is real hard earned money they are wanting us to spend on something they do not agree on !!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmm not impressed with your morals here Raul !!

Granny T
Mar 07 2017, 07:22 AM
When I posted today and used the bar supplies services facility, it came up as the bar supplies factory so it looked like I had posted the factories twice. This happened with two of my friends also. Had to go back and post from another services facility.

Farmer_Susan
Mar 07 2017, 07:25 AM
Just an observation , If layering farms is not officially endorsed by the developers , why are they bringing out Farm cash tools to speed up planting ?? This is real hard earned money they are wanting us to spend on something they do not agree on !!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmm not impressed with your morals here Raul !!

I doubt that it's about morals. If FT says they're endorsing layers, then they have to be willing to support it, i.e., to stand behind it and fix everything that might go wrong. I'm guessing here, but I'm thinking that layers can sometimes cause things to go awry in a way that might be difficult - or at least time-consuming - for them to fix. So this way, they can let us have our fun but it's sort of "at our own risk", yanno? Personally, I can hardly WAIT to get this tool! And I'm very grateful that they're willing to try to help those of us with layers. I think it's an awesome compromise, i.e., they don't have to technically support layers and yet they can help those of us who have them. 'Tis perfection and I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!

Actually, what I had originally asked for a couple of years ago was one-click planting, like we have with our turbo boats. And I even said, "And make it work for those of us with layers, please????" LOL Looks like maybe we're headed in that direction!

Qivis
Mar 07 2017, 07:27 AM

They have stated some time ago that even though it is not endorsed they do have the ability to remove the possibility. They just do not want to anger us long term farmers who have been playing since everyone had only 1 farm and factories were just decor and have kept it possible. :p

Farmer_Susan
Mar 07 2017, 07:53 AM
I'm not seeing the "Accept/Exchange All" buttons on the requests page???? I feel like it MUST be there and I'm just overlooking it and am going to feed exceedingly dumb but . . . I don't see it.

Hmm . . . bigger problem. I was going to accept them one by one. The Exchange button works but the Accept button doesn't. So I can't get gifts at all at the moment.

Farmer_Susan
Mar 07 2017, 08:02 AM
Minor issues: The image on the Bar Supplies Shop is wallpaper - and the image on the Western Supplies Factory is a pile of stones or pebbles or something. :)

Clohar
Mar 07 2017, 08:04 AM
Hi, if you are talking about gifts received that you want to accept all/exchange as far as I am concerned I don't have any problem here. Have you tried to clear your cache mem

marymarcel
Mar 07 2017, 08:25 AM
I'm not seeing the "Accept/Exchange All" buttons on the requests page???? I feel like it MUST be there and I'm just overlooking it and am going to feed exceedingly dumb but . . . I don't see it.

Hmm . . . bigger problem. I was going to accept them one by one. The Exchange button works but the Accept button doesn't. So I can't get gifts at all at the moment.

Minor issues: The image on the Bar Supplies Shop is wallpaper - and the image on the Western Supplies Factory is a pile of stones or pebbles or something. :)

Hi Susan :)

As you are having multiple problems, please try to clear your browser cache, I am talking about your problems posted in Animals thread and with gifts.

Take in mind that the first time you load your farm after the clearing, it will take a little more time as all graphics need to be loaded again.

You have instructions on how to clear some browsers cache in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

About the pictures showing up when you post from the new factories, we have emailed the developers, thanks!

meirwen59@aol.com
Mar 07 2017, 08:36 AM
So take peoples money by way of giving tools to work them, but then say.......any problems and you are on your own!!!!
If you don't support, then don't allow and certainly do not take our money !!!

StoneFace
Mar 07 2017, 08:56 AM
So take peoples money by way of giving tools to work them, but then say.......any problems and you are on your own!!!!
If you don't support, then don't allow and certainly do not take our money !!!

I don't feel that this game has EVER "taken my money".

I give it up freely to further enjoy this game in the ways that I play it.

I also understand that layering 'could' cause an issue and 'could' need some dev help to resolve.... but it has never happened to me.

Aliboots
Mar 07 2017, 09:00 AM
Thank you team, for the updates. I'm so happy to have tools that make it easier for me. You guys rock socks! :)

JudyD1651
Mar 07 2017, 09:01 AM
My neighbours are having the same problem when they post those facilities.

knolan
Mar 07 2017, 09:04 AM
Why are the land upgrades so expensive? I can't ever afford to enlarge them. It's disappointing because I want to plant more & purchase more facilities, but I am limited because I don't want to use farmcash to buy land, I prefer to save the farmcash for the facilities & other items. Why do they have to charge so much for land when making land more affordable will create an opportunity for players to spend more farmcash. Overcharging players for everything, instead of planning well is better for business.

cocosfarm
Mar 07 2017, 09:40 AM

strange pic when requesting increase production for new facilities

Tiger
Mar 07 2017, 09:44 AM

strange pic when requesting increase production for new facilities

Hi JudyD and cocosfarm,

We have let the developers know about the wrong pics.

Taz D
Mar 07 2017, 09:47 AM
Just a reminder that this is not a discussion thread about the pros and cons of layering. Any more posts concerning this will be deleted. If you wish to discuss layering there is a discussion thread n=in the General Feedback section.
Please only post about the release items and any problems you may have with them so that those can be fixed.

Farmer_Susan
Mar 07 2017, 09:47 AM
Hi Susan :)

As you are having multiple problems, please try to clear your browser cache, I am talking about your problems posted in Animals thread and with gifts.

Take in mind that the first time you load your farm after the clearing, it will take a little more time as all graphics need to be loaded again.

You have instructions on how to clear some browsers cache in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

About the pictures showing up when you post from the new factories, we have emailed the developers, thanks!

I've cleared my browser caches on both FF and Chrome and have run memcache on both of them (wasn't sure if that was necessary but I did it). I'll try rebooting.

Farmer_Susan
Mar 07 2017, 10:11 AM
I've cleared my browser caches on both FF and Chrome and have run memcache on both of them (wasn't sure if that was necessary but I did it). I'll try rebooting.

My buttons are back! Too soon to tell about the other issue but hopefully all is fixed now. Thanks. :)

Texas Belle
Mar 07 2017, 10:20 AM
Thank you Raul, very nice release... like always you guys rock... thank you again...

Farmer_Susan
Mar 07 2017, 10:20 AM
Why are the land upgrades so expensive? I can't ever afford to enlarge them. It's disappointing because I want to plant more & purchase more facilities, but I am limited because I don't want to use farmcash to buy land, I prefer to save the farmcash for the facilities & other items. Why do they have to charge so much for land when making land more affordable will create an opportunity for players to spend more farmcash. Overcharging players for everything, instead of planning well is better for business.

knolan, I can only speak for myself, but several years ago, I posted about wanting some long range goals to reach for. Farmtown was getting a little boring at the time because I had everything - no more goals. So for me, the super expensive land upgrades give me goals to work for. Like you, I never spend FC for the upgrades - but that's part of the fun - still having "carrots" in front of me.

Palmarina
Mar 07 2017, 10:21 AM
Hi, I posted requests to work my facilities and services. The requests do not show the picture of a facility. It shows the lined notebook for my factories and the wallpapers for the services. Is that normal?

Tiger
Mar 07 2017, 10:23 AM
Hi, I posted requests to work my facilities and services. The requests do not show the picture of a facility. It shows the lined notebook for my factories and the wallpapers for the services. Is that normal?

Hi Palmarina,

We have let the developers know about the wrong pics.

Texas Belle
Mar 07 2017, 10:25 AM
I don't feel that this game has EVER "taken my money".

I give it up freely to further enjoy this game in the ways that I play it.

I also understand that layering 'could' cause an issue and 'could' need some dev help to resolve.... but it has never happened to me.

Well said.. I have never had any problems too and I love that we are getting new tools to make our lives easier.. love it, love it...

RFMad
Mar 07 2017, 12:32 PM
I can't work the posts when they use the new Services/Clients as the post. It keeps saying that I've already worked them which I haven't. Can this be checked? Thanks.

Taz D
Mar 07 2017, 12:34 PM
I can't work the posts when they use the new Services/Clients as the post. It keeps saying that I've already worked them which I haven't. Can this be checked? Thanks.
Hi RFMad,
It is because it is sending you to regular facs rather than services. This has already been sent to the developers.

matrix1272
Mar 07 2017, 01:28 PM
I don't understand what the Dev's mean when they say

"Notice these tools only work on items that are already present on the farm, that's why there are only 4 of them" Can someone please explain it to me?

Also why is there no Plow?

Thanks Everyone and Thanks to the Dev's for this Awesome Update!!!

Taz D
Mar 07 2017, 01:36 PM
I don't understand what the Dev's mean when they say

"Notice these tools only work on items that are already present on the farm, that's why there are only 4 of them" Can someone please explain it to me?

Also why is there no Plow?

Thanks Everyone and Thanks to the Dev's for this Awesome Update!!!
Hi matrix,
They will only work on existing crop plots. There isn't a plow because it would be the same as the 16x16 plow. These tools will only help if you have stacked/staggered fields of crops, because they will do all fields within the area.

Farmer_Susan
Mar 07 2017, 02:24 PM
Not sure if this is because of the new release or something else, but when I'm in my Seaport Manager, it says that I have 1 hour 15 minutes left as my "Container Remaining Time". That can't be right since none of the ships require more than an hour per container. When I actually open the ship, the correct time is displayed on the container itself.

Taz D
Mar 07 2017, 02:29 PM
Not sure if this is because of the new release or something else, but when I'm in my Seaport Manager, it says that I have 1 hour 15 minutes left as my "Container Remaining Time". That can't be right since none of the ships require more than an hour per container. When I actually open the ship, the correct time is displayed on the container itself.
Hi Susan are you sure it said the container time or was it the total time left to prepare the ship. That time is there too. If it was the container time it could be that your computer time was off slightly and had not updated.

Farmer_Susan
Mar 07 2017, 03:17 PM
Container Remaining Time: 23 minutes
Dispatch Remaining Time: 6 hrs 17 minutes

When you look on the container itself, it says 3 minutes, so there's a 20 minute difference.

I doubt that it's an issue with my computer clock. I'm a software developer and have to test times, etc., in my own software, so I've got my computer clock synchronized with the time setting in PHP, Apache, etc.

For more info: I didn't get the popup telling me that container had finished but I started a new one anyway. Now my Container Remaining Time says 1 hr 18 minutes (58 minutes for the actual container, plus the 20)

Added later: Now they've synched up again - both say 6 minutes left. Very weird.

Dutch85
Mar 07 2017, 04:10 PM
Thank you Raul and team for another great release! Love the new facilities and looking forward to the new tools too! As usual...I love the two part release!

Taz D
Mar 07 2017, 05:23 PM
I bought the bar facs last night, loaded them, waited overnight, then posted my facs to be worked a few minutes ago.

As my neighbors worked, nothing was being completed or worked on inside the bar factory or the bar shop...

And yes, I cleared my cache files and reloaded the game...
Hi AKDave,
This hgas already been sent to the developers to fix. In the mean time I suggest you post from other services.

Jean's Farm
Mar 07 2017, 06:09 PM

Just posted mine and they both gave the same thing for pics as said above. :)

Thank you for the update!!!! :)

beautysmom
Mar 07 2017, 10:20 PM
And client posts appear to be randomly redirecting friends to work factories again, even though the post clearly states that it is client services for 1XP per product recommended.... Both good images and bad images....

beautysmom
Mar 07 2017, 10:24 PM
Container Remaining Time: 23 minutes
Dispatch Remaining Time: 6 hrs 17 minutes

When you look on the container itself, it says 3 minutes, so there's a 20 minute difference.

I doubt that it's an issue with my computer clock. I'm a software developer and have to test times, etc., in my own software, so I've got my computer clock synchronized with the time setting in PHP, Apache, etc.

For more info: I didn't get the popup telling me that container had finished but I started a new one anyway. Now my Container Remaining Time says 1 hr 18 minutes (58 minutes for the actual container, plus the 20)

Added later: Now they've synched up again - both say 6 minutes left. Very weird.

The weird times have been around for a while now, but not bothersome enough to post about for me. It is not uncommon, when I start preparing a container, to go back a screen and have it state that the container will take anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes longer than the overall container prep time....

Taz D
Mar 07 2017, 10:33 PM
Just posted mine and they both gave the same thing for pics as said above. :)

Thank you for the update!!!! :)

And client posts appear to be randomly redirecting friends to work factories again, even though the post clearly states that it is client services for 1XP per product recommended.... Both good images and bad images....
Hi Jean and beautysmom,
This has been reported to the developers. The only thing we can do is wait for them to find the problem and fix it.

Farmer_Susan
Mar 08 2017, 05:44 AM
I'm still thinking there may be an issue with the left-click contextual menus. Clearing cache and memcache doesn't phase that particular issue. Yesterday after I rebooted, it was fine again so I thought all was good. But this morning, I'm having trouble both hiring and also harvesting individual animal buildings again - both places where I left-click to bring up a contextual menu and then try to make a choice. I haven't tried rebooting - maybe that would fix it again - but just the fact that I might need to reboot frequently is new. I leave my computer on 24/7 and often don't reboot or turn it off for several weeks and I've never had this issue before.

Things I've noticed about the issue:

1. It's an intermittent problem; sometimes it works fine.
2. It's worse at full screen; sometimes I can close out the full screen and get it to work.
3. When it's NOT working, the first thing you might notice is that it's a bit hard to highlight the choice you want because more than one thing highlights. Also, once you do manage to get the choice you want, when you click it, the screen jumps a bit but never actually does whatever you had asked it to do (e.g., for the two I've found so far, it doesn't harvest the animal building or send a hire request).
4. Again, it may be helpful to notice that I first started having this issue Monday morning, i.e., before the latest release. Not sure if my post should stay in this thread - just wasn't sure where to put it. Thought maybe either our developers or FB made some change on Monday morning that could have caused this.

Granny T
Mar 08 2017, 07:00 AM
The two new facilities are still not posting for client referrals. If you use one of them to post for referrals it shows as a request for help in the factories. I wrote this yesterday too but have not heard back yet. This has happened with at least two of my neighbors. Thanks.

Tiger
Mar 08 2017, 08:27 AM
The two new facilities are still not posting for client referrals. If you use one of them to post for referrals it shows as a request for help in the factories. I wrote this yesterday too but have not heard back yet. This has happened with at least two of my neighbors. Thanks.

Hi Granny T,

This is a known issue that we have notified the developers about. For the time being do not use the Bar Supplies shop for posting client work until it is fixed.

knolan
Mar 08 2017, 09:31 AM
knolan, I can only speak for myself, but several years ago, I posted about wanting some long range goals to reach for. Farmtown was getting a little boring at the time because I had everything - no more goals. So for me, the super expensive land upgrades give me goals to work for. Like you, I never spend FC for the upgrades - but that's part of the fun - still having "carrots" in front of me....
I started out the same way, except that when I got too bored, I opened up a 2nd acct. That was my mistake. But, even tho I have 2 accts to work on, I can't seem to get enough coins any of them in order to enlarge or even keep up with the new farms that are added.
I know there seems to be a lot of complaints for the issue of land upgrades being too high. It seems to me, that if the dev's want players to spend more farmcash, they would want us to purchase the land at a reasonable price in order for us to purchase the facilities. It just seems to me, that they aren't thinking about this in a smart manner. In business, there are smart moves, and if they wanted to kick butt as a business, they would not swindle all of our farmcash in every manner they could, but only where it was smart.
Because FarmTown grew so rapidly, they may not have taken the time to think through what was wise & what was unwise to do with the company as far as raising money for the staff. It's not too late for them to change the cost. I would love ( & I think I'm not alone), to see them make the changes now & reduce the cost of land. It would definitely be a monumental move toward the winning over of the majority of the players.

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 10:13 AM
I'm still thinking there may be an issue with the left-click contextual menus. Clearing cache and memcache doesn't phase that particular issue. Yesterday after I rebooted, it was fine again so I thought all was good. But this morning, I'm having trouble both hiring and also harvesting individual animal buildings again - both places where I left-click to bring up a contextual menu and then try to make a choice. I haven't tried rebooting - maybe that would fix it again - but just the fact that I might need to reboot frequently is new. I leave my computer on 24/7 and often don't reboot or turn it off for several weeks and I've never had this issue before.

Things I've noticed about the issue:

1. It's an intermittent problem; sometimes it works fine.
2. It's worse at full screen; sometimes I can close out the full screen and get it to work.
3. When it's NOT working, the first thing you might notice is that it's a bit hard to highlight the choice you want because more than one thing highlights. Also, once you do manage to get the choice you want, when you click it, the screen jumps a bit but never actually does whatever you had asked it to do (e.g., for the two I've found so far, it doesn't harvest the animal building or send a hire request).
4. Again, it may be helpful to notice that I first started having this issue Monday morning, i.e., before the latest release. Not sure if my post should stay in this thread - just wasn't sure where to put it. Thought maybe either our developers or FB made some change on Monday morning that could have caused this.
Hi Susan,
As you are the only one reporting this and we can't duplicate it then it may be something with your computer. If you are using a wireless mouse try changing the battery and see if that helps. Mice do wear out. I personally have been at least 3 or 4 mice in my time playing this game.
Also try another computer if you can and see if it works on that.

Santmyer
Mar 08 2017, 10:42 AM
I have noticed a minor glitch/situation on my farmtown since the update. My default farm would always open normally before with chat screen hidden. Now it is showing the chat screen open every time with words in red: loading user - connecting to town mainframe (WF3) - connected to mainframe - joining room -entered room. The first time it happened, I thought maybe a neighbor was on the farm. Not the case. I did the cache clean and reloaded. Same result each time. I have to manually hide the chat. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I find it annoying. Any suggestions.

Farmer_Susan
Mar 08 2017, 10:45 AM
Hi Susan,
As you are the only one reporting this and we can't duplicate it then it may be something with your computer. If you are using a wireless mouse try changing the battery and see if that helps. Mice do wear out. I personally have been at least 3 or 4 mice in my time playing this game.
Also try another computer if you can and see if it works on that.

My mouse is fine but I'll try my laptop later and let you know.

jeannine_p
Mar 08 2017, 11:07 AM
I have noticed a minor glitch/situation on my farmtown since the update. My default farm would always open normally before with chat screen hidden. Now it is showing the chat screen open every time with words in red: loading user - connecting to town mainframe (WF3) - connected to mainframe - joining room -entered room. The first time it happened, I thought maybe a neighbor was on the farm. Not the case. I did the cache clean and reloaded. Same result each time. I have to manually hide the chat. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I find it annoying. Any suggestions.

mine does this same thing, every time, for about a week or 2 now.

Queen.of.Clutter
Mar 08 2017, 11:45 AM

I, too, have been dealing with that for at least a month. Same server, WF3. Plus, my loading 25% screen seems to stay there so long I have to click the save button for it to go away.

mlrobards
Mar 08 2017, 03:29 PM
Will the Crop tools 5 x 5 with extended mode support snap to grid like the newer shaker, flower harvester, and chainsaw do?:D

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 04:05 PM
Will the Crop tools 5 x 5 with extended mode support snap to grid like the newer shaker, flower harvester, and chainsaw do?:D
Hi mlrobards,
They will work the same as the other extended type tools.

marymarcel
Mar 08 2017, 04:08 PM
Hi all :)

From Raul notes for the New Release:

- Bugfix: The images of the new facilities appeared wrong when asking for help, also there were issues when asking for help from the 2 new service facilities.

Charlie Manylayers
Mar 08 2017, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the updates and expansions for farm 32 ;)

JohnAlbertini
Mar 08 2017, 04:34 PM
Once again us long-term players get enough levels/FC to buy exactly nothing!

450 MILLION XP and we get a whopping 25 levels/FC, wow.

And exactly zero tools to make playing faster UNLESS we layer, which I don't AND you state is not officially supported. But them you give new tools? Where are the regular 24x harvest/plow/seed/combine tools WE need?

All WE get is two new coin facilities.

So thank you so much for rewarding all our time and hard work playing and making MY experience absolutely NO better!

It would really be wonderful if your thought of US once in a while.

em5148
Mar 08 2017, 04:38 PM
How come it won't let me buy the new combines, says only SEND, not BUY on it when I go to the Tools store.

Texas Belle
Mar 08 2017, 04:39 PM
I just bought the new tools and I love it.. they are not as big but we will get there.. they work the same as the flower and tree tools.. and before you start using them and after you put them on storage, go the FB home page and then come back again, or refresh or go anywhere so they have time to know they are on storage and then you can start using them, if you try to use them right away they will not work, refresh or like i say get out and come back and they work beautifully... Good job guys... what a relief it is... one click for a whole square... yayyyyy

meirwen59@aol.com
Mar 08 2017, 04:42 PM
I totally agree with you John Albertini

Cherry's Farm
Mar 08 2017, 04:43 PM
Yes I have been having the same issue. I had my default farm as my Port farm and have changed it to another farm now as we can access ships from Port Icon and that seems to have helped the loading/reconnecting issue. The chat box still shows as open we reloading or opening which is a problem as I always reload when about to send a ship to check if there is someone to send to earlier than planned.

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 04:45 PM
How come it won't let me buy the new combines, says only SEND, not BUY on it when I go to the Tools store.
Hi em5148,
You have to buy the single tools first before you can buy the combines.

RFMad
Mar 08 2017, 04:49 PM
I have just tried working 3 neighbors' posts. I can work the services fine but the facilities all give me the Error saving data. Error Xlink. I've exited and clicked on the link again and still get the error. I'm pretty sure they aren't the new services.

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 04:59 PM
I have just tried working 3 neighbors' posts. I can work the services fine but the facilities all give me the Error saving data. Error Xlink. I've exited and clicked on the link again and still get the error. I'm pretty sure they aren't the new services.
Hi RFMad,
I am working both types right now and no problems. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.

barbara nixon
Mar 08 2017, 05:00 PM
wow, here it is the 8th and i just today got the notice the new version to game was on the 6th...???

Dutch85
Mar 08 2017, 05:06 PM
I just bought the new tools and have already used them. They worked great, but I can't work anyone's facilities. I get the XLINK error. I did clear memcache and it didn't help.

WF4 using Google Chrome

mlrobards
Mar 08 2017, 05:11 PM
Hi mlrobards,
They will work the same as the other extended type tools.

Yay!!!!
Happy camper :D

RFMad
Mar 08 2017, 05:20 PM
Hi RFMad,
I am working both types right now and no problems. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
I cleared the memcache and tried to work the facilities again but still got the error. I had one repost with an older facility and it worked. Maybe they were posted with the new facilities and there's still a problem?

BarbLH
Mar 08 2017, 05:26 PM
I'm getting that XLINK error, too. It happened a while ago - I was in the middle of working a friend's client facilities when it happened. I've cleared FT memcache, I've cleared my browser, too - Google Chrome. I closed the browser, reopened but still get the XLINK error. :(

In case this is helpful, maybe it occurred when the yellow banner was released? When the XLINK error appeared I noticed that the yellow banner with "Check Details" also appeared.

Aussie Rae
Mar 08 2017, 05:27 PM
thank you!! just bought all the extended 5x5 tools and they are BRILLIANT!! :)

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 05:28 PM
I cleared the memcache and tried to work the facilities again but still got the error. I had one repost with an older facility and it worked. Maybe they were posted with the new facilities and there's still a problem?

I'm getting that XLINK error, too. It happened a while ago - I was in the middle of working a friend's client facilities when it happened. I've cleared FT memcache, I've cleared my browser, too - Google Chrome. I closed the browser, reopened but still get the XLINK error. :(

I just bought the new tools and have already used them. They worked great, but I can't work anyone's facilities. I get the XLINK error. I did clear memcache and it didn't help.

WF4 using Google Chrome
I just sent an email to the developers for them to look at this.

Lee Ann
Mar 08 2017, 05:31 PM
I am having same trouble Server W4 using Windows 7 and Chrome browser

I just sent an email to the developers for them to look at this.

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 05:38 PM
For those having the XLink error, please let us know what facility was used for the post you get the error on. Also whether you have bought the new tools or not.

beverduster
Mar 08 2017, 05:40 PM
i bought the new tools, love em, sure is a lot faster on the layered farms, lots lots faster

sandybonnell
Mar 08 2017, 05:44 PM
Thank you so much for all you do....I love this game, have been playing since day one; back in the day when we had to click on each plot to harvest then click again to plow, etc. Way before any tools. lol You guys are the BEST! Thank you for all you do for us FT farmers.

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 06:00 PM
I am so angry! I just spent over 300FC to FINALLY upgrade my tools a couple sizes and I could have just waited a week to get these new ones for LESS!?!????? GRRRRR Why does everything have to be so dang expensive??? I mean geez -- I'm still trying to buy other things, too...plus trying to earn enough coin to upgrade my farms!!! Sometimes I feel like it's almost impossible and it's very disheartening especially after I was JUST feeling like I was finally making a little bit of progress. Y'all might have bottomless pocketbooks, but I don't!!

ANNNNDDDD those new tools are only 5x5 now...but you just wait...we will be upgrading them to 6x6, then 8x8, etc. etc. etc. GRRRRRRR

Sandra
Hi Sandra,
You can not buy these new tools unless you have all the previous levels of tools. Even though these are listed as 5x5, they will do all the crops within that 5x5 square area up to 400 if the crops are overlapped.

WindRiver
Mar 08 2017, 06:01 PM
i tried to work a sawmill. yes i bought the new tools

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 06:02 PM
i tried to work a sawmill. yes i bought the new tools
Hi WindRiver,
The developers have found the problem and will be releasing a fix in a little bit.

Time1ess
Mar 08 2017, 06:04 PM
Hi Sandra,
You can not buy these new tools unless you have all the previous levels of tools. Even though these are listed as 5x5, they will do all the crops within that 5x5 square area up to 400 if the crops are overlapped.

I will never get there. :(

(I deleted my original post.)

Farmer_Susan
Mar 08 2017, 06:05 PM

From Raul notes for the New Release:

Oh wow! I'm still at work but can hardly wait to try the new tool!

lornagayle
Mar 08 2017, 06:09 PM
my question is will we have to buy all the seeders and harvesters from the bottom to have the size we do now, and will they work as a combine at some point

BarbLH
Mar 08 2017, 06:09 PM
For those having the XLink error, please let us know what facility was used for the post you get the error on. Also whether you have bought the new tools or not.

I've received it on both clients & regular facilities. When it first happened I had already worked my friend's regular facilities, but I cannot work her clients. I just tried clients on another friend - they worked find, but I got the error on the regular facilities.

I have not bought the new tools, yet.

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 06:12 PM
I've received it on both clients & regular facilities. When it first happened I had already worked my friend's regular facilities, but I cannot work her clients. I just tried clients on another friend - they worked find, but I got the error on the regular facilities.

I have not bought the new tools, yet.
Hi BarbLH,
They have found the problem and will be releasing a fix for it shortly.

rosec
Mar 08 2017, 06:14 PM
I am currently having a problem working facilities & services on a neighbor's farm. This is the message: "Error Saving Data. Error XLINK"
HELP!
Thank you!

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 06:16 PM
my question is will we have to buy all the seeders and harvesters from the bottom to have the size we do now, and will they work as a combine at some point
Hi lornagayle,
You already have all the seeders and harvesters for the preceding levels according to your data. You only need to purchase the current seeder and harvester to be able to then buy the combines harvest-plow and harvest-plant.

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 06:17 PM
I am currently having a problem working facilities & services on a neighbor's farm. This is the message: "Error Saving Data. Error XLINK"
HELP!
Thank you!
Hi rosec,
This has been reported and the developers will release a fix for it shortly.

Shellgirlmtl
Mar 08 2017, 06:18 PM
Love this release and the 5x5 Tools, totally awesome... Thank you Thank you Thank you Raul and team... :D

cbl456
Mar 08 2017, 06:21 PM
Just wondering when you will be fixing the bug of the delay on collecting FC for the regular quests. Each week, my collection time is delayed 3-5 minutes. I have asked (and I have seen other emails from people who have also requested) that this be fixed. It never used to happen, so please fix this bug. Thank you.

lornagayle
Mar 08 2017, 06:28 PM
Hi lornagayle,
You already have all the seeders and harvesters for the preceding levels according to your data. You only need to purchase the current seeder and harvester to be able to then buy the combines harvest-plow and harvest-plant.

thanks for your response

slimpat
Mar 08 2017, 06:36 PM
wondering why the combine harvest plant ex 5x5 is locked as I have all of the other ones also just bought the three other ones but cannot seem to buy that one it keeps telling me it is locked would like to also get that one Please let me know what is going on thanks for the help

Tiger
Mar 08 2017, 06:44 PM
wondering why the combine harvest plant ex 5x5 is locked as I have all of the other ones also just bought the three other ones but cannot seem to buy that one it keeps telling me it is locked would like to also get that one Please let me know what is going on thanks for the help

Hi slimpat,

Try putting all the new tools into your storage, refresh the game then try to by the combine harvest-plant ex 5x5

slimpat
Mar 08 2017, 06:49 PM
Thanks Tiger did that and it worked now I can go to work thanks again for the speedy reply

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 06:50 PM
Raul has posted the fix for the facility work:
Post-Release Updates - March 8th, 7:35PM

- Bugfix: We introduced a bug with the latest fix for the facility posting that is causing issues with other facilities. Please reload the game for this fix to take affect. Also, the posts that were already made will not work, the fix will only correct new posts from this point on.

Be sure to restart your farms to get the fix.

Tiger
Mar 08 2017, 06:52 PM
Thanks Tiger did that and it worked now I can go to work thanks again for the speedy reply

you are welcome, thanks for coming back to let us know :)

mcdaddie
Mar 08 2017, 06:54 PM
The new EX tools are the best thing launched in this game for years. I bought all 4 new tools and did H/P/S on a super neighbor's farm in half the time it usually takes. You don't have to have any "special" pattern, you don't have to do figure 8 on the 9x9 layered farms, you can actually just go in any direction (up, down, and sideways). I can't wait for 6x, 8x, 10x , etc............ :D :) :D

lollipopthebunny
Mar 08 2017, 06:54 PM
I just tried a neighbors post for both types of facilities an I am still getting an error msg. SO it appears it isn't quite fixed. It said something about X 2055 or something...I have not had that error before. The choices were to reload or something else an if you try to reload you get a blank page with an error.

I had told my neighbor an she has reposted her facilties an the second post should be working now but it isn't.

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 06:58 PM
I just tried a neighbors post for both types of facilities an I am still getting an error msg. SO it appears it isn't quite fixed. It said something about X 2055 or something...I have not had that error before. The choices were to reload or something else an if you try to reload you get a blank page with an error.

I had told my neighbor an she has reposted her facilties an the second post should be working now but it isn't.
Hi Lollipopthebunny,
Please note: "the posts that were already made will not work, the fix will only correct new posts from this point on."

BarbLH
Mar 08 2017, 07:00 PM
Hi BarbLH,
They have found the problem and will be releasing a fix for it shortly.

Thanks, Taz!

lollipopthebunny
Mar 08 2017, 07:26 PM
Hi Lollipopthebunny,
Please note: "the posts that were already made will not work, the fix will only correct new posts from this point on."
I did read that and the person I had tried I told her about it an so she reposted a while later but I still can't do them I get XLINK Error Saving data green to retry an red to reload an then it won't reload it goes to a white screen that says its broken.

I also just tried again after I went out of FB an FT an I still can't them to work,, I have tried other neighbors too an get the same msg. I wasn't getting it till this update!

VondaK
Mar 08 2017, 07:40 PM
Thank you. Glad you fixed the facilities. Sure had a problem working the new ones for my neighbors. Thanks again. :)

Mrs Borgies
Mar 08 2017, 07:51 PM
Thanks you so much for this update :)

I have noticed after working my neighbours facilities that I can't help with Clients on WF36. I can work their other Facilities. I get XLINK Error Saving data green to retry an red to reload. I have done all the usual clean up on my browsers, which did not fix the problem.
ps.....these are not new Clients that I am trying to work.

lil farmer
Mar 08 2017, 07:51 PM
Thanks Raul!

i don't have a problem but a suggestion is more like it. I've noticed that we don't have black or white pepper in our crops. I would say most households have this so could it not become a future crop. ty in advance and keep up the fantastic work:)

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 07:55 PM
i don't have a problem but a suggestion is more like it. I've noticed that we don't have black or white pepper in our crops. I would say most households have this so could it not become a future crop. ty in advance and keep up the fantastic work:)
Hi lil farmer,
Please post your suggestion in the Suggestions section where the developers can see them all together. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 07:57 PM
Thanks you so much for this update :)

I have noticed after working my neighbours facilities that I can't help with Clients on WF36. I can work their other Facilities. I get XLINK Error Saving data green to retry an red to reload. I have done all the usual clean up on my browsers, which did not fix the problem.
ps.....these are not new Clients that I am trying to work.
Hi Mrs Borgies,
It was not just new facilities that were effected. If the posts you are trying to work were posted prior to the release of this fix, then they still will not work. Only new posts done after the fix release will work.

Aneida
Mar 08 2017, 08:10 PM
Thank you so much - Thanks for all your hard work.

Farmer_Susan
Mar 08 2017, 08:11 PM
The new EX tools are the best thing launched in this game for years. I bought all 4 new tools and did H/P/S on a super neighbor's farm in half the time it usually takes. You don't have to have any "special" pattern, you don't have to do figure 8 on the 9x9 layered farms, you can actually just go in any direction (up, down, and sideways). I can't wait for 6x, 8x, 10x , etc............ :D :) :D

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These tools are AWESOME!!! Things are zippy fast now even with just the 5x5. I'm really wanting to fast forward here BIG time! Thank you so much!

Mrs Borgies
Mar 08 2017, 08:17 PM
Hi Mrs Borgies,
It was not just new facilities that were effected. If the posts you are trying to work were posted prior to the release of this fix, then they still will not work. Only new posts done after the fix release will work.

Thanks.....all good then! :D

Angel7
Mar 08 2017, 08:34 PM
RE: Hi Mrs Borgies,

Still not working for me - somebody posted just a few minutes ago and I still get the Xlink/reload error...

Docperk
Mar 08 2017, 08:40 PM
Hi Mrs Borgies,

I had my neighbor repost her facilities and I am still getting same error, I have able to work other neighbors post though.

snickddle
Mar 08 2017, 08:40 PM
i have been getting ERROR XLINK today and i have to reload ...i mostly notice it when i work on my neighbors farms....BTW thanks for the new toys for the game great job !!!

Petuniaflower
Mar 08 2017, 08:41 PM
RE: Hi Mrs Borgies,

Still not working for me - somebody posted just a few minutes ago and I still get the Xlink/reload error...

That is good to know. I noticed I couldn't do a friends facilities!!!!

Angel7
Mar 08 2017, 08:42 PM
fixed now - did a memcache clear.....weird because i've never had to do one before.

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 08:48 PM
fixed now - did a memcache clear.....weird because i've never had to do one before.
Hi Angel,
Thanks for letting us know. SOmetimes when there is a release you may not get it unless you do the memcache which forces it to reload the data.

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 08:51 PM
i have been getting ERROR XLINK today and i have to reload ...i mostly notice it when i work on my neighbors farms....BTW thanks for the new toys for the game great job !!!
Hi snickddle,
The developers released a fix for any new posts. If you are trying to work posts that are older than an hour back then they will not work.

Docperk
Mar 08 2017, 09:17 PM
Hi snickddle,
The developers released a fix for any new posts. If you are trying to work posts that are older than an hour back then they will not work.

Also I just now posted mine but my son is not able to work them.

OrcaLinda
Mar 08 2017, 09:17 PM
Thankk you for all the new information..

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 09:19 PM
Also I just now posted mine but my son is not able to work them.
Hi Docperk,
Please both of you try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and you post again to have them try it.

Petuniaflower
Mar 08 2017, 09:30 PM
I still get the Xlink error. I was able to work a few neighbors facilities. Some I wasn't able to work. And messages are not loading well. Well my night was made shorter. :D I am sure all my lovely neighbors will understand,me not doing their facilities tonight. I am sure all will be well in the morning.

I did the memecauche and restarted my computer and anything else I could think of

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 09:37 PM
I still get the Xlink error. I was able to work a few neighbors facilities. Some I wasn't able to work. And messages are not loading well. Well my night was made shorter. :D I am sure all my lovely neighbors will understand,me not doing their facilities tonight. I am sure all will be well in the morning.

I did the memecauche and restarted my computer and anything else I could think of
Hi Petuniaflower,
If there posts were done before the release of the fix then those posts will not work as the fix can't be applied to something that was already out there.

Petuniaflower
Mar 08 2017, 09:43 PM
Hi Petuniaflower,
If there posts were done before the release of the fix then those posts will not work as the fix can't be applied to something that was already out there.

Angel 7 is my neighbor she has posted at least 4 times in the past few hours. I can't do her's. And I recently posted. Because,I read only recent post.She can't do mine. Other neighbors the same. So we are going to hang up our closed shingle for the night!:)

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 09:47 PM
Angel 7 is my neighbor she has posted at least 4 times in the past few hours. I can't do her's. And I recently posted. Because,I read only recent post.She can't do mine. Other neighbors the same. So we are going to hang up our closed shingle for the night!:)
Hi Petuniaflower,
Angel7 just posted that she cleared the memcache and it is now working for her.

Ginny Skurs-Heptig
Mar 08 2017, 09:51 PM
What are you guys doing now? It's almost 10:50 Easter time USA and i can not work the hires and the NCC has only 1 hr and 9 minutes left to get our positions raised . Very bad timing.

Petuniaflower
Mar 08 2017, 09:53 PM
Hi Petuniaflower,
that was then LOL now she can't just chatted with her maybe 10 min ago

Farmer_Susan
Mar 08 2017, 09:53 PM
I have a question about clearing the memcache. Are we clearing something in our browser(s) or on the FT server? I never know if I need to run it on both of the browsers I use or if that matters.

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 10:03 PM
I have a question about clearing the memcache. Are we clearing something in our browser(s) or on the FT server? I never know if I need to run it on both of the browsers I use or if that matters.
Hi Susan,
When you clear the memcache you are clearing the server to reload the data. It doesn't do anything to your browser. Clearing your browser cache is the only way to clear your browser. However when you do that then the farms load slower the first time because all the graphics must be downloaded again.

Farmer_Susan
Mar 08 2017, 10:22 PM
Hi Susan,
When you clear the memcache you are clearing the server to reload the data. It doesn't do anything to your browser. Clearing your browser cache is the only way to clear your browser. However when you do that then the farms load slower the first time because all the graphics must be downloaded again.

Thanks, Taz.

amanda1955
Mar 08 2017, 10:27 PM
I tried what they said and it still causes errors even with the new ones, with that bug

Lara
Mar 08 2017, 10:41 PM
I don't think the fix worked. A friend has done everything she was told to do more than once and we still can't do her facilities on the new links

Angel7
Mar 08 2017, 10:57 PM
Hi Petuniaflower,

Problem is back - xlink error when trying to work a neighbors farm that just posted a few minutes ago. Tried clearing the memcache again, but it didn't do anything. So, the problem is NOT fixed.....:)

P.S. when is said it was fixed before, I was able to work around 10 or so different neighbors farms, (both factories and clients) without any problems. Took a break for a few hours, planted around 12 of my own farms and then just tried to work a few more before retiring. So, it appeared to be fixed, but then it came back. Just wanted to clarify that.

Queen.of.Clutter
Mar 08 2017, 11:38 PM
Pretty big spike in price from what was initially posted .... I know it was changed to reflect 'we are thinking about the price' but .... *sigh* .... I spend WAY TOO MUCH money on this game ...

"Seeder Ex 5x5: 25 FC
Harvester Ex 5x5: 25 FC
Combine Harvest-Plow Ex 5x5: 30 FC
Combine Harvest-Plant Ex 5x5: 40 FC "

Now, it's 50 FC each, right ??

ddsmelser
Mar 08 2017, 11:51 PM
I know this probably sounds like a really newbie question but does the game automatically do the updates for you or do you have to somehow do it manually? I have never done any updates nor do I know how if the game does not do it automatically? If there is a link to where I need to do that please advise! Thanks!

Taz D
Mar 08 2017, 11:54 PM
I know this probably sounds like a really newbie question but does the game automatically do the updates for you or do you have to somehow do it manually? I have never done any updates nor do I know how if the game does not do it automatically? If there is a link to where I need to do that please advise! Thanks!
Hi ddsmelser,
The game automatically updates when you open the game.

Poppy559
Mar 09 2017, 12:08 AM
Absolutely loving the new crop tools. Best money spent on FT E V E R. Cant wait to get bigger ones.

corogirl
Mar 09 2017, 12:29 AM
50 FC for each tool!! I am in New Zealand and am not going to enrich corporate America to that extent so I am pretty much done with FT. Not about to part with $60 NZD for 250FC anytime soon.
:mad:

corogirl
Mar 09 2017, 12:52 AM
Oh and I can't do many of my friends facs or clients either. It's random and clearing memcache makes no difference. I get either no message at all or after a while the dlink message comes up. Occasionally I can do someones. I have given up trying now as it's taking far toomuch of my time.

amanda1955
Mar 09 2017, 01:01 AM
having same problems facilities still don't load after doing all what they said

Krykarla
Mar 09 2017, 01:12 AM
I looove it :)

crazy old will
Mar 09 2017, 03:10 AM
I have cleared all cash and can not do services it comes up with XLINK

lynwoo60
Mar 09 2017, 03:16 AM
XLink ERROR is not fixed. was ok for one farm of my neighbours but not the other. I had no problems before you fixed the problem. I am on WF4 and I have done all the cleaning etc so would like this fixed asap ty

Vivienne57
Mar 09 2017, 03:59 AM
Hi, there seems to be an issue when working friends and neighbours client facilities, not all of them but some of them. Here is the issues:

Error saving data error XLink
click the Green circle to retry
click the red circle to reload

I clicked the green circle and got the same error message.

When I clicked the red circle I got the following:

This site can't be reached apps.facebook.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

When I tried to reload I got the same message.

Thanks

Vivienne

Ooops can't even work ordinary facilities now as getting the same error message. Done all the usual stuff like cleaning memo-cache and restarting but to no avail....this isn't good for players involved in NCC

meirwen59@aol.com
Mar 09 2017, 04:38 AM
I have a question , if as stated layering is not endorsed by the developers but despite that new tools to aid this practice of farming have been released, what happens when the layering corrupts farms and is then stopped. Will everyone get a refund on the tools they purchased specifically for that purpose?

Alexandra_J
Mar 09 2017, 04:40 AM
Just so you're aware slashkey. That working facilities and clients is still a problem. Even when the person has cleared their farmtown memcache, and gone on a new post. One of my friends is having a problem but I'm not and we're on the same mainframe number

marymarcel
Mar 09 2017, 05:11 AM

Developers need more information about errors while trying to work facilities:

Known Issues:

- For those users getting errors when using the links to help in facilities, please provide info below:

1.Does the error shows up by just visiting that user from inside the game, for example, from the neighbour bar? if it does, then ignore the rest of the questions below.

2. Are you getting errors when clicking on the link in the facebook wall/profile, or when clicking on the link in the My Request page inside farmtown?
3. What is exactly the error you see when landing on the game?
4. Can you ask the person who did the posting, to reload the game and post again just to make sure everyone is using the latest version. Then try the link again.
5. Does it happen with posts from any facility?
6. Does it happen with posts from all users?

esther246
Mar 09 2017, 05:35 AM
I am getting error message when trying to work facilities from wall request

marymarcel
Mar 09 2017, 05:40 AM
I am getting error message when trying to work facilities from wall request

Hi esther :)

Please read the post just above yours and answer all the questions, thanks a lot! :)

pisces16
Mar 09 2017, 05:58 AM
I am having trouble working Client Facilities from Facebook wall. Getting XLINK error. I have cleared memcache and also asked the person to clear theirs, reload game and post again but I still can't work Clients. It doesn't happen with all users.:mad:

marymarcel
Mar 09 2017, 06:02 AM
I am having trouble working Client Facilities from Facebook wall. Getting XLINK error. I have cleared memcache and also asked the person to clear theirs, reload game and post again but I still can't work Clients. It doesn't happen with all users.:mad:

Hi pisces16 :)

Thank you for the information.

Could you please check if you get the same error by only visiting that person's farm, let say from the neighbour bar?

Alexandra_J
Mar 09 2017, 06:14 AM
Can we report problems here or though support?

marymarcel
Mar 09 2017, 06:19 AM
Can we report problems here or though support?

Hi Cornish Lil Princess :)

Please answer the previous questions here, thank you :)

Alexandra_J
Mar 09 2017, 06:36 AM
Ok I can work facilities and clients by going on my facebook friends facebook page, and i can work another facebook friends facilities and clients through the Request page, both facebook page and request pages are the recent ones available. People can work mine (done mine as a tester,) but it is slow apparently. I'm on WF37 but my friend is on the same mainframe thing and she has trouble. I haven't checked all my facebook friends facilities or clients just 2 friends for now and have no problems my side for now lol.

My friend seems to be having problems with the larger farms and not the smaller farms.

I've just had my 1st signs of problems. I'm getting Error on a friends farm size 40x40 and shes on WF36 went through her facebook page and through request and still says error. And i checked another facebook friend couldnt do hers either. she's on WF4 and farm size 42x42

Santmyer
Mar 09 2017, 06:37 AM
My default farm would always open normally before with chat screen hidden. Now it is showing the chat screen open every time with words in red: loading user - connecting to town mainframe (WF3) - connected to mainframe - joining room -entered room. The first time it happened, I thought maybe a neighbor was on the farm. Not the case. I did the cache clean and reloaded. Same result each time. I have to manually hide the chat. Since I originally posted about this, others are replying that they are having the same issue. This needs to be checked into.

jkmyer
Mar 09 2017, 06:42 AM
Will load the farms from both the request site and the neighbors site. I have been able to work 2 set of factories and 1 factory but not retail side It loads the farm but then I get the error can load that neighbor from the neighbor at the bottom.
I just tried the same neighbor from the facebook page with the same Error message

beverduster
Mar 09 2017, 06:55 AM
Hi Petuniaflower,

sorry but i dont think it has been fixed, still getting the problem a full 24 hrs now

marymarcel
Mar 09 2017, 07:00 AM
sorry but i dont think it has been fixed, still getting the problem a full 24 hrs now

Hi beverduster :)

The developers are aware of this and Raul posted a few questions in Known issues in the main thread. If you are having the problem please read them to provide your information about these issues. Thank you :)

bbbjwilson
Mar 09 2017, 07:44 AM
After the upgrade yesterday, I cannot work others' farms. I click on the work link and go to the farm and I get an error message. I took a screenshot and have attached it. Please fix this soon. Well have tried to upload a screenshot several times and it won't happen....so
Jan

mlrobards
Mar 09 2017, 07:52 AM
When I try to work factories I keep getting an Xlink error.

sylvie48uk
Mar 09 2017, 07:53 AM
XLink ERROR is not fixed. was ok for one farm of my neighbours but not the other. I had no problems before you fixed the problem. I am on WF4 and I have done all the cleaning etc so would like this fixed asap ty

Same for me and my auntie too, we had no problems yesterday at all, but today it's impossible to do half the facilities! Yes, we both cleared our memcaches!

marymarcel
Mar 09 2017, 07:53 AM
After the upgrade yesterday, I cannot work others' farms. I click on the work link and go to the farm and I get an error message. I took a screenshot and have attached it. Please fix this soon. Well have tried to upload a screenshot several times and it won't happen....so
Jan

Hi bbbjwilson :)

I moved your post to the New Release thread.

The developers are aware of this problem and working to fix this.

Meanwhile they need more information, so please go to the first post, first page of this thread, scroll dow the page and you will find some questions you can answer under Known issues.

Tiger
Mar 09 2017, 07:56 AM
When I try to work factories I keep getting an Xlink error.

Same for me and my auntie too, we had no problems yesterday at all, but today it's impossible to do half the facilities! Yes, we both cleared our memcaches!

Hi mlrobards and sylvie48uk,

Please go to the first post on the first page of this thread. Scroll down to the bottom of the post to Known Issues and read the questions there. The developers are asking for more information on the errors.

Thank you

marymarcel
Mar 09 2017, 07:58 AM

Raul has posted a few questions about the Error link problem.

If you have the problem and want to report it, please answer the following questions in your post, thank you!

Known Issues:

- For those users getting XLINK errors when using the links to help in facilities, please provide info below:

1.Does the error shows up by just visiting that user from inside the game, for example, from the neighbour bar? if it does, then ignore the rest of the questions below.

2. Are you getting errors when clicking on the link in the facebook wall/profile, or when clicking on the link in the My Request page inside farmtown?
3. What is exactly the error you see when landing on the game?
4. Can you ask the person who did the posting, to reload the game and post again just to make sure everyone is using the latest version. Then try the link again.
5. Does it happen with posts from any facility?
6. Does it happen with posts from all users?

Dr. Dirt
Mar 09 2017, 08:19 AM
When I use the new 5x5 tool on my farm the 5x5 square that I harvest-plow-plant disappears (like the trees do when harvested). When I use it on a super neighbors farm it shows a planted square. Is it supposed to do that on a super neighbors farm? The trees work the same way on both farms. Wouldn't the 5x5 tools work the same way on both farms as well?

Tiger
Mar 09 2017, 08:25 AM
When I use the new 5x5 tool on my farm the 5x5 square that I harvest-plow-plant disappears (like the trees do when harvested). When I use it on a super neighbors farm it shows a planted square. Is it supposed to do that on a super neighbors farm? The trees work the same way on both farms. Wouldn't the 5x5 tools work the same way on both farms as well?

Hi Dr.Dirt,

Did you have "Show Crops" ticked on your neighbours farm but not your own? Could that be the difference?

Edit to add : I have just checked on this. If you have show crops checked, when you HPP it will show the crops planted, if it is unchecked it the plots will disappear.

JNelson
Mar 09 2017, 08:29 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE the new tools sooooo much faster,, hope they release the bigger sizes soon but its so much more efficient its not all that bad to use it on the 42xs

marymarcel
Mar 09 2017, 08:38 AM

From Raul notes for the New Release

- BugFix: Some players were experiencing XLINK errors when visiting other players farms, including (but not limited to) when trying to work their facilities.

Dan H
Mar 09 2017, 08:39 AM
Another great release! The new EX 5X5 tools are great! Thank you Raul and staff!!

sylvie48uk
Mar 09 2017, 08:47 AM

Developers need more information about errors while trying to work facilities:

Known Issues:

- For those users getting errors when using the links to help in facilities, please provide info below:

1.Does the error shows up by just visiting that user from inside the game, for example, from the neighbour bar? if it does, then ignore the rest of the questions below. - No.

2. Are you getting errors when clicking on the link in the facebook wall/profile, or when clicking on the link in the My Request page inside farmtown? - Both.
3. What is exactly the error you see when landing on the game? - Error saving data error XLink
click the Green circle to retry
click the red circle to reload. Clicking either doesn't resolve the issue.
4. Can you ask the person who did the posting, to reload the game and post again just to make sure everyone is using the latest version. Then try the link again. - Hven't done, because the error is random, the person's client facs may work and their factories don't or vice versa.
5. Does it happen with posts from any facility? - It appears so, yes.
6. Does it happen with posts from all users? - No, just randomly.

My answers are included after each question - thanks Mary.

marymarcel
Mar 09 2017, 08:49 AM
My answers are included after each question - thanks Mary.

Hi sylvie :)

Developers have just fixed this problem, please check the fist post, fist page of this thread, and thanks :)

mlrobards
Mar 09 2017, 08:58 AM

From Raul notes for the New Release

YES!!! Mine seems to be fix. Thank you developers for doing it so quickly!

Dr. Dirt
Mar 09 2017, 09:06 AM
Hi Dr.Dirt,

Did you have "Show Crops" ticked on your neighbours farm but not your own? Could that be the difference?

Edit to add : I have just checked on this. If you have show crops checked, when you HPP it will show the crops planted, if it is unchecked it the plots will disappear.

Yes the show crops was checked on both farms. When I started, the previous crops that were ready to harvest were showing. :)

Peyana
Mar 09 2017, 09:40 AM
Awesome job as always! Thank you for an awesome update!

Tiger
Mar 09 2017, 10:58 AM
Yes the show crops was checked on both farms. When I started, the previous crops that were ready to harvest were showing. :)

Hi Dr.Dirt,

We've had a chance to test this now. You are right.

If you have crops showing and use the older Combine Harvest-Plant the crops remain in view when you plant your own farms and and SNs.

When you use the Combine Ex Harvest-Plant on your own farms the crops do disappear once planted but not when you do an SN's farm.

Petuniaflower
Mar 09 2017, 11:29 AM
Love the new tools <3<3 And the 5 by 5 works great for me.I grow different crops in rows. AND! Give me a few days,and my crops will be ! Nice straight rows Thank you Raul,and dev's.:D

sylvie48uk
Mar 09 2017, 11:32 AM
Hi sylvie :)

Developers have just fixed this problem, please check the fist post, fist page of this thread, and thanks :)

Thank you!

Angel7
Mar 09 2017, 11:41 AM
Too many to be coincidences - I'm not able to work clients. This last one just posed 7 minutes ago so it has nothing to do with yesterday's fixes. Factories are working fine, but about 90% of clients, I am getting the "Oops, you already did that" message. I'm on server 3, if that makes any difference.

Tiger
Mar 09 2017, 12:20 PM
Too many to be coincidences - I'm not able to work clients. This last one just posed 7 minutes ago so it has nothing to do with yesterday's fixes. Factories are working fine, but about 90% of clients, I am getting the "Oops, you already did that" message. I'm on server 3, if that makes any difference.

Hi Angel,

Before you started working any facilites today , did you have a complete 8 hour break from working ANY facilites? It's sounding like you did meet the requirement for regular facs but not service facs.

Dr. Dirt
Mar 09 2017, 01:02 PM
Hi Dr.Dirt,

We've had a chance to test this now. You are right.

If you have crops showing and use the older Combine Harvest-Plant the crops remain in view when you plant your own farms and and SNs.

When you use the Combine Ex Harvest-Plant on your own farms the crops do disappear once planted but not when you do an SN's farm.

OK thanks.

Clohar
Mar 09 2017, 01:09 PM
When you use the latest tools arrived on the game look in the lower right corner of the game figure you will see the photo of the tool you are using. Click on the tool in question and you will see 2 possibilities: Highlight and Extend. If you choose Extend you will only see a yellow square but if you use Highlight you will see all the small tiles covered by the tool and the area covered is much larger.

sod farmer
Mar 09 2017, 01:16 PM
There is an issue with the combine tools not working properly when working full screen a few rows above the neighbors bar. When I click on the fields they do not select. It will highlight the field before I click - but clicking does not perform the task of the tool i selected. This is for the fields a few rows above the neighbors bar. I can make it work properly only by moving the screen (and hence the rows) higher.
Thank you

Tiger
Mar 09 2017, 01:19 PM
When you use the latest tools arrived on the game look in the lower right corner of the game figure you will see the photo of the tool you are using. Click on the tool in question and you will see 2 possibilities: Highlight and Extend. If you choose Extend you will only see a yellow square but if you use Highlight you will see all the small tiles covered by the tool and the area covered is much larger.

Hi Clohar,

If you are not working overlapped fields then the highlight method will be better for you as it acts just like the older tools. If you use Extent mode for overlapped fields it will grab everything in that yellow box up to 400 fields which is much easier.

Angel7
Mar 09 2017, 01:23 PM
Hi Angel,

Before you started working any facilites today , did you have a complete 8 hour break from working ANY facilites? It's sounding like you did meet the requirement for regular facs but not service facs.

Yes, pretty sure it was more than 8 hours as I went to sleep and woke up kinda late. Anyway, I'm not going to work any additional factories OR clients today and try again tomorrow and see if it clears up.....:)

Tiger
Mar 09 2017, 01:34 PM
Yes, pretty sure it was more than 8 hours as I went to sleep and woke up kinda late. Anyway, I'm not going to work any additional factories OR clients today and try again tomorrow and see if it clears up.....:)

Ok Angel7, thanks for the additional information :). Do come back if it still doesn't work after that.

JudyD1651
Mar 09 2017, 02:09 PM
I love the new tools Seeder Ex 5x5 Harvester Ex 5x5 Combine Harvest-Plow Ex 5x5
Combine Harvest-Plant Ex 5x5. It makes farming so much easier. It would be better if all we had to buy was the Combine-Harvest-Plant in these new tools. I'd be willing to pay more farm cash for it rather than having to pay farm cash for all the others just to get the one I'm going to use most of the time.

Farmer_Susan
Mar 09 2017, 03:09 PM
Absolutely loving the new crop tools. Best money spent on FT E V E R. Cant wait to get bigger ones.

Same here!

Clohar
Mar 09 2017, 03:42 PM
Hi Clohar,

If you are not working overlapped fields then the highlight method will be better for you as it acts just like the older tools. If you use Extent mode for overlapped fields it will grab everything in that yellow box up to 400 fields which is much easier.

Thanks very much Tiger for this clarification

max_river
Mar 09 2017, 06:17 PM
I am just wondering if the new 5x5 seeder is worth the 50 fc. also how come the change the price of it

marlene1091
Mar 09 2017, 06:20 PM
I absolutely love the new crop tools. Total awesomeness. I call it the one click wonder. I haven't come across anyone yet who is not totally impressed with these new extend mode tools. Thanks so much.

cactusjac
Mar 09 2017, 06:40 PM
Do you need to own the 16x16 seeder in order to purchase the the 5x5 ext seeder

Taz D
Mar 09 2017, 06:42 PM
Do you need to own the 16x16 seeder in order to purchase the the 5x5 ext seeder
Hi cactusjac,
Yes you do. The tools have to be purchased in order.

Tuckertbnc
Mar 09 2017, 08:13 PM

Where is this Highlight or Extend feature ?? I would like to try / see the difference ... Right now I only have the seeder ,,

Taz D
Mar 09 2017, 08:19 PM
Where is this Highlight or Extend feature ?? I would like to try / see the difference ... Right now I only have the seeder ,,
Hi Tuckertbnc,
As Clohar said it is in the lower right corner of your screen (where you normally see the eye) when you are holding the tool.

Tuckertbnc
Mar 09 2017, 08:25 PM
Hi Tuckertbnc,
As Clohar said it is in the lower right corner of your screen (where you normally see the eye) when you are holding the tool.

Thanks Taz ,, Totally missed where he said that ... after I posted I thought , why not go read the guide , duh , I haven't bought any of the other 5 way tools , so did not pay attention when they came out ... saw how to switch it , now only have to wait until I have crops ready to see the difference between the two when I plant ... I loved it when I planted in blocks this morning , so much quicker!

FarmerWitch
Mar 10 2017, 12:49 AM
Loving the new tools! thanks!

lineking
Mar 10 2017, 09:33 AM
I can never keep up even with an ink and pigments factory on all 32 farms.

Are you working your neighbor's facilities? It seems to have helped me to deal with ink shortages.

Clohar
Mar 10 2017, 10:05 AM
Are you working your neighbor's facilities? It seems to have helped me to deal with ink shortages.

There are also the long train cars and the new ships that also can help

minxie63
Mar 10 2017, 11:45 AM
here i thought i was going to have to quit playing because of issues with my hands (carpal tunnel and tendonitis, both) but you guys brought out the new harvesting tools just in time... they're AWESOME!!!! thank you so very much!!!

Dan H
Mar 10 2017, 11:47 AM
Don't know if this has been posted yet. When using EX 5X5 Harvester/Plower Combine on ready to harvest crop fields, the crops do not appear, just shows green grass. Working the field then shows the plowed fields, ready for planting. The crops go into storage OK.

Tiger
Mar 10 2017, 11:59 AM
Don't know if this has been posted yet. When using EX 5X5 Harvester/Plower Combine on ready to harvest crop fields, the crops do not appear, just shows green grass. Working the field then shows the plowed fields, ready for planting. The crops go into storage OK.

Hi Dan,

When using the Ex Combine harvest-plow you are not planting crops so you should not be seeing crops as you work the fields. When you set the tool down by clicking on the green man you should see the plowed fields appear.

If you mean you are using the Ex Combine harvest-plant. The crops don't show as soon as they are worked, on your own farms, until you set the tool down, but they will if you work as an SN. This is being looked at. See the first post on the first page for "Known issues"

SANDIE39
Mar 10 2017, 01:32 PM
When I am working my neighbor that has selected me to be her Super Neighbor the 5xsquare is not favorable to me. Sometimes you can click when the items (ie flowers, trees) are inside the square and other times I have to have the square outside the flowers and not always does being on the side of the items work either. Seems like the player has to move the 5x5 square around before the item is affected. Thanks for being able to comment. Sandie39

Tiger
Mar 10 2017, 01:52 PM
When I am working my neighbor that has selected me to be her Super Neighbor the 5xsquare is not favorable to me. Sometimes you can click when the items (ie flowers, trees) are inside the square and other times I have to have the square outside the flowers and not always does being on the side of the items work either. Seems like the player has to move the 5x5 square around before the item is affected. Thanks for being able to comment. Sandie39

Hi SANDIE39,

If you do not like the Extent mode ( yellow box) you can switch to the Highlight mode. Look bottom right of your game screen when you have clicked on the tool. Instead of the Eye you will see a picture of the tool. Click on it and you will see a vertical toolbar with 3 buttons. Click on the top one to change to "Highlight" which is the old method of harvesting.

Dan H
Mar 10 2017, 02:24 PM
Hi Dan,

When using the Ex Combine harvest-plow you are not planting crops so you should not be seeing crops as you work the fields. When you set the tool down by clicking on the green man you should see the plowed fields appear.

If you mean you are using the Ex Combine harvest-plant. The crops don't show as soon as they are worked, on your own farms, until you set the tool down, but they will if you work as an SN. This is being looked at. See the first post on the first page for "Known issues"

I just worked two other farmers fields with the EX 5X5 combine and the crops appear while harvesting/plowing. Then the plowed fields show after harvest. I am using Chrome. My wife is using IE and my tools on my FT and the crops do NOT show as she is working (just green grass) with the EX 5X5 combine but the plowed fields do after harvesting/plowing.

Taz D
Mar 10 2017, 02:40 PM
I just worked two other farmers fields with the EX 5X5 combine and the crops appear while harvesting/plowing. Then the plowed fields show after harvest. I am using Chrome. My wife is using IE and my tools on my FT and the crops do NOT show as she is working (just green grass) with the EX 5X5 combine but the plowed fields do after harvesting/plowing.
Hi Dan,
If you are using the harvest-plow combine are you saying the crops don't show before you click to work them? How do you know where to work? Check your preferences and see if you have Show Crops checked.

Dan H
Mar 10 2017, 02:57 PM
Hi Dan,
If you are using the harvest-plow combine are you saying the crops don't show before you click to work them? How do you know where to work? Check your preferences and see if you have Show Crops checked.

The fields are all crops, so it's easy to just work the Extent Mode box from one position to the next starting at the top and working down. Besides that, the plowed fields pop up after you click, so you really know where you are at all times.

Not sure why IE didn't show the crops, but Chrome always does. Using the same PC for both players.

My wife and I will test again when some crops are ready and see if this was just a quirk or if it persists.

Nothing to get too excited about, but didn't know if anyone else was having the same issue or if it was just us.

BTW - The Show Crops box is checked,

BarbLH
Mar 10 2017, 05:00 PM
I used to see ALL friends' photos when I went to my Seaport. Ever since the bug fixes a couple of days ago the only photos I see are my neighbors' photos. It was nice to see non-neighbors' photos. It was quite a surprise to see a bunch of blue boxes with white images instead. Thought I'd like to add my 2 cents regarding item 6.b) Show real facebook names in a tooltip... to identify better their neighbours: It would be nice to also be able to see my non-neighbors photos AND see their Facebook names, if that's possible.

Taz D
Mar 10 2017, 05:03 PM
I used to see ALL friends' photos when I went to my Seaport. Ever since the bug fixes a couple of days ago the only photos I see are my neighbors' photos. It was nice to see non-neighbors' photos. It was quite a surprise to see a bunch of blue boxes with white images instead. Thought I'd like to add my 2 cents regarding item 6.b) Show real facebook names in a tooltip... to identify better their neighbours: It would be nice to also be able to see my non-neighbors photos AND see their Facebook names, if that's possible.
Hi BarbLH,
This has already been reported to the developers and they are looking into it.

Taz D
Mar 10 2017, 08:58 PM
Raul has just released some more bugfixes:

Post-Release Updates - March 10th, 9:30PM

Bugfix: When using the new crop 5x5 extended mode tools, as an employee/super-neighbour, the recently worked fields do not completely disappear from the farm.
Bugfix: Pictures not showing for non neighbours in the Seaport Manager
Bugfix: Hidden ships in the Seaport Manager showing again after a while
Bugfix: Occasionally, all containers were shown in pink when dispatching ships

Taz D
Mar 10 2017, 11:05 PM
Please keep this thread to posts about any problems with the new items or features. If you wish to discuss the merit of the new tools please do so in the General Feedback thread for the discussion about tools.

Dutch85
Mar 11 2017, 06:26 AM
When I plant crops with the new 5X5 seeder, they are disappearing as I plant. I have my crops turned on and my eye is in the open position. I cleared memcache and it didn't help.

WF4 Google Chrome

EmojiNote
Mar 11 2017, 06:30 AM
Hi cactusjac,
Yes you do. The tools have to be purchased in order.

Shouldn't you put a notice that the tool is locked in the pop-up from the store? I hope others weren't duped into buying $$ thinking this was immediately available.

Tiger
Mar 11 2017, 07:50 AM
When I plant crops with the new 5X5 seeder, they are disappearing as I plant. I have my crops turned on and my eye is in the open position. I cleared memcache and it didn't help.

WF4 Google Chrome

Hi Dutch85,

If you are using Extent mode then they should disappear. The new tools do not give you the Eye, instead they show the tool in the bottom right of your game screen which when clicked on will let you switch between highlight mode and extent mode. Extent mode works like the eye is always closed. If you have crops showing they will show up again when you click on the green man.

Tiger
Mar 11 2017, 07:52 AM
Shouldn't you put a notice that the tool is locked in the pop-up from the store? I hope others weren't duped into buying $$ thinking this was immediately available.

Hi EmojiNote,

There is no room in the box to also display "locked" as the description is too long. Instead, if you do not have the previous tools needed in order to buy them, you will not see the BUY button, just SEND.

Dutch85
Mar 11 2017, 08:18 AM
Hi Dutch85,

If you are using Extent mode then they should disappear. The new tools do not give you the Eye, instead they show the tool in the bottom right of your game screen which when clicked on will let you switch between highlight mode and extent mode. Extent mode works like the eye is always closed. If you have crops showing they will show up again when you click on the green man.

They only started disappearing this morning. Just my opinion, but i liked the new tools better when the crops stayed. I found it more difficult having the crops disappear as I planted. I loved the new 5X5 , but not so much now. :(

Tiger
Mar 11 2017, 08:43 AM
They only started disappearing this morning. Just my opinion, but i liked the new tools better when the crops stayed. I found it more difficult having the crops disappear as I planted. I loved the new 5X5 , but not so much now. :(

Hi Dutch85,

The new tools weren't always functioning correctly in extent mode at the time of the release. They were fixed last night which is why you are seeing them working differently today.

Dutch85
Mar 11 2017, 08:51 AM
Hi Dutch85,

The new tools weren't always functioning correctly in extent mode at the time of the release. They were fixed last night which is why you are seeing them working differently today.

Thank you for your quick response Tiger. This really bums me out because I absolutely loved the new 5X5 before. I went back to using my old 16X16. I don't understand why we can't have the option to have the eye open or closed as we do with other tools, but it is what it is.

Tiger
Mar 11 2017, 09:06 AM
Thank you for your quick response Tiger. This really bums me out because I absolutely loved the new 5X5 before. I went back to using my old 16X16. I don't understand why we can't have the option to have the eye open or closed as we do with other tools, but it is what it is.

Hi Dutch85,

I am sorry you are not happy with them, but the Extent mode on the other tools like the 20x20 tree shaker, flower harvester, turbo boats work the same way. It was never intended for the new Ex tools to work differently in extent mode to the other tools.

Dutch85
Mar 11 2017, 09:11 AM
Hi Dutch85,

I am sorry you are not happy with them, but the Extent mode on the other tools like the 20x20 tree shaker, flower harvester, turbo boats work the same way. It was never intended for the new Ex tools to work differently in extent mode to the other tools.

I always hire from the market for all of my tree shaking, chopping, flowers and crop H&P, so I didn't realize the eye didn't work on them. My own fault I guess for assuming they worked like the other tools with the eye option. Thanks again for your help Tiger

Tiger
Mar 11 2017, 09:16 AM
I always hire from the market for all of my tree shaking, chopping, flowers and crop H&P, so I didn't realize the eye didn't work on them. My own fault I guess for assuming they worked like the other tools with the eye option. Thanks again for your help Tiger

you are very welcome Dutch85 :)

earlgray
Mar 11 2017, 09:46 AM
A couple of odd things happening since the latest update. First, when I'm harvesting trees, they don't stay hidden as I'm harvesting, but pop back into view after a few more clicks (just using an 8x8 tree shaker, not the newer sort of tree harvester). Second, when I go through my neighbors for co-op quests, when I start on the right-most one that shows below my farm, and go to the left, it doesn't get them all, as it used to; I have to go back and move through them to the right to get them all. Although these only rise to the level of minor annoyances, it seems peculiar that they would be affected by the most recent changes.

beautysmom
Mar 11 2017, 10:04 AM
A couple of odd things happening since the latest update. First, when I'm harvesting trees, they don't stay hidden as I'm harvesting, but pop back into view after a few more clicks (just using an 8x8 tree shaker, not the newer sort of tree harvester). Second, when I go through my neighbors for co-op quests, when I start on the right-most one that shows below my farm, and go to the left, it doesn't get them all, as it used to; I have to go back and move through them to the right to get them all. Although these only rise to the level of minor annoyances, it seems peculiar that they would be affected by the most recent changes.

I have the same problem with trees, but it isn't the shaker, it's how the eye is not working now. If you remember, when you chopped trees and cut flowers, they were hidden until you dropped the tool. Now, as you cut or chop, the view for the cut/chopped tree or flower pops up. So, because it is all three, shaking, cutting and chopping, I have to believe that the "not hidden" is a result of the extended tools--I don't own them, but understand that they don't hide crops the way the regular tools do.

Anyone else noticing this? Only a minor aggravation for flowers and pine/oak/etc. trees, but a headache if there are a lot of trees of varying sizes on a farm....

Taz D
Mar 11 2017, 10:07 AM

I have the same problem with trees, but it isn't the shaker, it's how the eye is not working now. If you remember, when you chopped trees and cut flowers, they were hidden until you dropped the tool. Now, as you cut or chop, the view for the cut/chopped tree or flower pops up. So, because it is all three, shaking, cutting and chopping, I have to believe that the "not hidden" is a result of the extended tools--I don't own them, but understand that they don't hide crops the way the regular tools do.

Anyone else noticing this? Only a minor aggravation for flowers and pine/oak/etc. trees, but a headache if there are a lot of trees of varying sizes on a farm....
The developers have been notified of this. The only thing we can do is wait for them to fix it.

KojiOrphen
Mar 11 2017, 10:25 AM

I've see this problem as well, when I re-select the tool, the crop is hidden. This should provide a workaround while the developers work the problem.

Qivis
Mar 11 2017, 10:37 AM
The developers have been notified of this. The only thing we can do is wait for them to fix it.

Thanks for letting us know. I checked this forum to be on the safe side before contacting Raul directly or mentioning it to him should he send out another survey! :D

Stu3
Mar 11 2017, 10:38 AM
I notice new tool doesn't have the eye to show/hide crops I had to switch out tool to show crops not to seed over other crops and go back to the new tool before working on a farm that only wanted the same seeded

Taz D
Mar 11 2017, 10:41 AM
I notice new tool doesn't have the eye to show/hide crops I had to switch out tool to show crops not to seed over other crops and go back to the new tool before working on a farm that only wanted the same seeded
Hi Stu,

marymarcel
Mar 11 2017, 01:22 PM

Known Issues:

- Recently worked items are reappearing even with the eye closed. This should be fixed on Monday.

bjyhey3
Mar 11 2017, 01:31 PM

I'm having the same problem with harvesting trees except I'm using the X64 harvester.
Thanks

marymarcel
Mar 11 2017, 01:32 PM
I'm having the same problem with harvesting trees except I'm using the X64 harvester.
Thanks

Hi bjyhey3 :)

Please read the post just above yours, thank you :)

user2017
Mar 11 2017, 02:16 PM
How do I get the update? Is it automatically done or is there a link?

marymarcel
Mar 11 2017, 02:24 PM
How do I get the update? Is it automatically done or is there a link?

Hi user2017 :)

The update is automatic, so you get it when you enter the game.

Docperk
Mar 11 2017, 04:40 PM

Known Issues:

- Recently worked items are reappearing even with the eye closed. This should be fixed on Monday.

Thanks for the update.

marymarcel
Mar 11 2017, 05:29 PM
Hi all:)

From Raul notes for the New Release;

Post-Release Updates - March 11th, 6:00PM

- Bugfix: Recently harvested items are reappearing even with the eye closed when using the harvester tools in regular, non-extended mode.

If you have the farm open, please reload it for this change to take effect.

Santmyer
Mar 12 2017, 01:55 PM
Since this last update, I have reported that the default farm leaves the chat box open and I have to manually close that. Minor issue that I have reported to the developers after I read that others were having the same problem.

What is a major issue for the past few days, is loading from one farm to the next is painstakingly slow. I have done the memcache. If a deeper cache needs ran or if others are having the same difficulties, I would truly appreciate knowing that. I have been discouraged enough that I did not even farm yesterday or today.

marymarcel
Mar 12 2017, 02:04 PM
Since this last update, I have reported that the default farm leaves the chat box open and I have to manually close that. Minor issue that I have reported to the developers after I read that others were having the same problem.

What is a major issue for the past few days, is loading from one farm to the next is painstakingly slow. I have done the memcache. If a deeper cache needs ran or if others are having the same difficulties, I would truly appreciate knowing that. I have been discouraged enough that I did not even farm yesterday or today.

Hi Santmyer :)

I'm sorry this is happening to you, but you know we had some post releases for the new crop tools and it is weekend so there are usually more users on line.

You can try all suggestions given in the following thread where you will also have some links to test servers.

If you continue having problems after trying all suggestions please post a response in that thread, thank you

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

Dan H
Mar 13 2017, 10:48 AM

Update: Everything is working normally in IE now. The incident was that no ready to harvest crops were visible when arriving on the farm and using the new EX 5X5 harvest/plow combine in IE.

Now, all crops that are ready to harvest are visible before performing the EX 5X5 harvest/plow combining operation in IE.

I generally use Chrome and my wife uses IE. I did clear the IE Browsing History after the initial incident, so maybe that helped.

The new EX tools are great, time saving and easy to switch back and forth to Highlight for non-layered crop fields and Extent for layered.

StoneFace
Mar 15 2017, 04:23 PM
New levels and $25 FC just released
:D

Texas Belle
Mar 15 2017, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the new levels... FC is always welcomed...

WillowTreeFarm
Mar 15 2017, 05:22 PM
Thank you for the FC and new levels.

Grumpdad
Mar 15 2017, 05:38 PM
Guys, Gals, this new 5 x 5 ext tool is the Best, that comes from el grumpo who only has 3 layers, cannot wait for the expanded edition he he

mastermouse
Mar 15 2017, 05:43 PM
thank you very much for the new levels/farm cash

marymarcel
Mar 15 2017, 05:43 PM

From Raul's notes for the New Release:

Post-Release Updates - March 15th, 5:00PM

- Released 25 new levels. Notice that the amount of XP points to reach each level have been increased compared to previous releases.
- Released ship improvement b) in the item #6 above in the main post
- The smaller harvesters (non extended mode tools) were not highlighting the targeted fields correctly, sometimes it was highlighting fields that were not in the correct squared area for the tool
- Bugfix: Fixed issues when navigating to other players farms from the Seaport Manager.