PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- May 3rd, 2017

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
May 03 2017, 02:27 AM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on May 23rd, 6:20PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: En Espaņol AQUI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629162)

1. 10 Mothers Day items: 3 as gifts, 6 on the top of the Mothers Day category in the store and 1 at them bottom.

2. 44 x 44 Farm expansions for farms 11 to 20: 25,000,000,000 coins or 30 farm cash each.

3. Belt and Dans for the next 10 facilities: Scout Supplies Factory, Puerto Rican Restaurant, Polish Restaurant, Hat Factory, Appliance Parts Factory, Restaurant Supplies Factory, Vietnamese Restaurant, Learning Toys Factory, Cajun Restaurant and Storm Supplies Factory.

4. Regular Harvester, Plower and Combine Harvest-Plow 18 x 18 (FC): If you already own their 16 x 16 versions, then you can buy these regular crop tools and work on 324 crop fields at a time.

Note: To buy these tools you *do not* need to own any of the extended mode crop tools.

5. Harvester Ex and Combine Harvest-Plow Ex 7 x 7 with extended mode support (FC): These crop tools will work all fields in a squared area the size of 7x7 fields using the new faster method of farming, only highlighting a fixed squared section of the farm.

The main benefit of these tools is for working up to 784 partially overlapped fields at once. Overlapping fields is still not officially supported but if you do it on your farms or work on other players farms that do overlap fields, these new set of tools will enable a much faster farming.

Note: To buy these tools you *do not* need to own any of the regular crop tools 18x18. However, say you are using a Combine Harvest-Plow Ex of any size, if you switch to the highlight mode and you also own the regular Combine Harvest-Plow 18 x 18, then that's the Combine that will be selected instead of the regular Combine Harvest-Plow 16 x 16.

6. Easier to know which tools are required to buy another tool in the Store: When a tool X is locked because of required items that are still not owned, instead of just hiding the 'Buy' button we are now showing an 'Unlock' button. This 'Unlock' button will remove all tools from the screen and display only those tools required to buy the tool X. If any of those required tools is also locked because of other required items still not owned, the same thing will happen, an Unlock button will appear and so on.

This way you can drill down and back (using the Back button on the top) and navigate the full required items structure for any tool.

7. Significantly reduced container preparation time for all ships based on the amount of total dispatched ships in the past 7 days, for example:

If you have dispatched a total of 2 ships in the last 7 days the container times for:

Cargo Ship Blue will be 36 minutes instead of 60 minutes
Cargo Ship Yellow will be 27 minutes instead of 45 minutes

If you have dispatched a total of 6 ships in the last 7 days the container times for:

Cargo Ship Blue will be 6 minutes instead of 60 minutes
Cargo Ship Yellow will be 4.5 minutes instead of 45 minutes

To check how exactly the container times for each ship varies based on the amount of dispatched ships, click the ? sign in the container currently being prepared.

8. Other Improvements:

a) Added a new 'Total Price' sort in the Storage and Market screens.
b) When buying a farm cash tool X that require owning a previous tool Y, if the Y tool is currently on a farm and not in storage, it will still be detected and the Store will show a 'Buy' button for the tool X.
c) Released more optimizations for all crop tools, including extend and highlight mode (released 2 weeks ago)

9. New Anchovy fish: You can catch this new fish in the Small Sea Coast and use it in the Italian Restaurant.

10. Italian Restaurant (FC): Produces Italian Food.

Bruschetta
Pizza Capricciosa
Gnocchi with Pesto
Mushroom Risotto
Spaghetti Puttanesca
Chicken Marsala
Ossobuco Milanese
Cannoli

New product used as ingredient: Anchovies

11. Cargo Port Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Cargo Port Supplies.

Container Locking Bars
Port Cargo Net
Mooring Post
Cone Fender
Crane Hook
Crane Ladder
Crane Counterweight
Crane Master Control

12. FTown Landscaping Services (FC): Provides Landscaping Services and can be stocked with products from the Landscaping Supplies Factory.

13. Cargo Port (Coins): Provides Cargo Port Services and can be stocked with products from the Cargo Port Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - May 3rd, 11:50PM

- There has been some complications in the release of the new tools, we expect to release them soon, most likely tomorrow.

Post-Release Updates - May 4th, 9:09PM

- We have found additional complications with the release of the new tools, we expect to release them in the next few days.

Post-Release Updates - May 9th, 9:00PM

- Release the pending tools:

1.Regular Harvester, Plower and Combine Harvest-Plow 18 x 18
2.Harvester Ex and Combine Harvest-Plow Ex 7 x 7 with extended mode support

See more info in the release post above.

Note: The regular Combine Harvest-Plow 18x18 is right above the regular red Combines 16x16 in the toolbox.
The regular Harvester 18x18 is right above the regular red Harvester 16x16 in the toolbox. The other 3 tools are in their expected positions in the toolbox.

Post-Release Updates - May 10th, 6:00PM

Bugfix: The EX tools are not being selected automatically when working as a super neighbor or a hire from the market, instead the 16x16 or 18x18 are being selected.

Post-Release Updates - May 16th, 9:10PM

- Significantly reduced container preparation times for all ships based on how many total ships you have dispatched in the last 7 days. See more information in the release post above.

Note that the dispatched ships will start counting starting today.

- Released an optimization that will cause the game to consume less memory so you will be able to navigate more farms without experiencing Flash crashes. Many more optimizations coming in the next weeks.

Post-Release Updates - May 18th, 3:10PM

Bugfix: After loading the game, the container ready notification from a previously dispatched ship was appearing continuously. This should start working correctly once you prepare your next container or dispatch your next ship.

Post-Release Updates - May 18th, 11:30PM

- We had severe server emergencies in the afternoon, everything should be back to normal now.

- It's possible that the issue with the containers time to be reset back to the original times because the ship dispatch history was lost for the past 2 days may have been related to the server issue above but we are not sure of this. If you dispatched a ship again after May 18, 11:30 PM, and suddenly this ship dispatch date disappear from the dispatch date list, please report it on this thread.

Post-Release Updates - May 23rd, 6:20PM

BugFix: Reduced container preparation times in ships is working again based on the amount of ships dispatched in the last 7 days.

Known Issues:

- The zoom in and out using the mouse wheel is not working on the latest update of the Chrome browser when in full screen mode. It should work when you are not in full screen mode or when you click on the + and - icons in the bottom panel. We hope they fix this issue quickly, as it's also happening on other games in facebook.

crafty chris
May 03 2017, 02:36 AM
oh wow thanks :)

bruhelmboldt
May 03 2017, 02:37 AM
Thanks Dev Team!!

FarmerWitch
May 03 2017, 02:43 AM
Thank you!

Taz D
May 03 2017, 03:45 AM
Thanks Raul!

maggiel29
May 03 2017, 04:06 AM
Thanks Raul - need distractions today - perfect :)

mirwin
May 03 2017, 04:54 AM
FYI preparation time for yellow ship is currently 45 minutes NOT 30 minutes LOL

KCJ
May 03 2017, 05:09 AM
Thanks. Now how about adding at least one dish that uses those poor neglected Brussel Sprouts? :) And it sure would be nice if we could sort Tools for 'not owned'.

JohnAlbertini
May 03 2017, 05:14 AM
Useless tools! 18x saves no time compared to 18x tools. Will not be buying! Takes as many clicks for 18x as 16x.

WillowTreeFarm
May 03 2017, 05:58 AM
Thank you for the new goodies!

WendyP57
May 03 2017, 06:02 AM
Thanks so much for the lovely new things, can't wait for the new 7x7 ex tools. I must be missing something though, how do we switch between extend and highlight mode, or does it just depends on which tool you choose at the time?

BethFB
May 03 2017, 06:05 AM
Thanks team!

Franny2
May 03 2017, 06:17 AM
As always, thanks for the wonderful update!!!

kimbee2
May 03 2017, 06:52 AM
Thanks for all of the updates and all of the work you put into this game!

marymarcel
May 03 2017, 06:56 AM
Thanks a lot Raul and Team!! :)

guess who
May 03 2017, 06:58 AM
I find the Cargo ship reduction in times extremely discriminative, One point they have forgotten here is not everybody can get on for 10 hours a day. Not sure about the legality in this forcing people to try. A much better idea would be, simply supply tools bought with farm cash , that reduce the timing to prepare. 1st tool reduce all ships by 10% 2cnd tool 20% and so on to 50% or less.And yes might as well charge $50 Farm Cash like everything else.

alyceclover
May 03 2017, 07:09 AM
Not sure about the legality in this forcing people to try.

This is a game, not real life. No one is forcing anyone to play Farm Town or forcing anyone to buy anything.

Farm Town is not like other games that have timelines to complete quests, which does force people to play said game multiple times a day, if person wants to complete them. Those other FB games do not take into consideration the people who have limited time to play games.

Nothing illegal going on here.

Hyacinth Bucket
May 03 2017, 07:10 AM
Re using the mouse wheel to zoom in and out not working in the latest version of Chrome when in full screen mode - mine is working just fine :D

zee5758
May 03 2017, 07:13 AM
oh wow thanks :)

Yes, thank you for the new products. :)

knolan
May 03 2017, 07:13 AM
I find the Cargo ship reduction in times extremely discriminative, One point they have forgotten here is not everybody can get on for 10 hours a day. Not sure about the legality in this forcing people to try. A much better idea would be, simply supply tools bought with farm cash , that reduce the timing to prepare. 1st tool reduce all ships by 10% 2cnd tool 20% and so on to 50% or less.And yes might as well charge $50 Farm Cash like everything else.

I completely agree with you. I don't think there should be a time frame at all. If you can get them all done quicker, that means you benefit by processing your ships sooner & can process them more often than someone who can only be online for a couple hours a day, which would take them maybe a week to fill up 1 ship. The bigger reward would be for those who can be online for more hours in a day. There are times when I can get only 2 containers done in 24 hrs & then it expires by the time I'm on the next day. I do find it completely unfair for those who work vs those who are retired or unemployed.

earlgray
May 03 2017, 07:14 AM
8. Other Improvements:
a) Added a new 'Total Price' sort in the Storage and Market screens.

I have wanted this SO MUCH! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

alyceclover
May 03 2017, 07:20 AM
It still amazes me the amount of coding that needs to be done to accomplish changes. Example might be when helping neighbors and Mayor finishes farms for you; boggles my mind that the system can so quickly calculate the amount of ingredients or items in facilities on neighbors farms ~ which is ever changing and different for each neighbor.

Thanks to whoever puts forth the effort to continually make improvements, keep the game fresh with new items for so many years. Good job.

bjyhey3
May 03 2017, 07:22 AM
Nice surprise...thank you

knolan
May 03 2017, 07:29 AM
I don't think the new possible rules for the cargo ships are fair. Especially when you consider reducing the time for only those who have dispatched 6 ships in 7 days. Why not just reduce the time frame, period. For everyone? I am online quite often, but I still can't seem to get all of the containers done in 1 day. Most of the time, I can get 2 or maybe 3. I do find it quite unfair & like the man previously said, discriminatory, against those who work or those who can't be online for 20 hrs in a day (or even 10 hrs/day).. Why not make it simpler? For the majority instead of the minority? Why not allow everyone to enjoy the game, instead of a select few? It's the same issue with having too many farmcash items.

Sandy Spiller
May 03 2017, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the new update....I managed to get my farms 11 & 12 upgraded to 44x44 but after that the other farms 13-20 that are at 42X42 tell me that I already have all the upgrades available...is there a delay on these farms for some reason? Love Farm Town...the only game for me Sandy

mindyj5
May 03 2017, 07:35 AM
I don't think the new possible rules for the cargo ships are fair. Especially when you consider reducing the time for only those who have dispatched 6 ships in 7 days. Why not just reduce the time frame, period. For everyone? I am online quite often, but I still can't seem to get all of the containers done in 1 day. Most of the time, I can get 2 or maybe 3. I do find it quite unfair & like the man previously said, discriminatory, against those who work or those who can't be online for 20 hrs in a day (or even 10 hrs/day).. Why not make it simpler? For the majority instead of the minority? Why not allow everyone to enjoy the game, instead of a select few? It's the same issue with having too many farmcash items.

It doesn't say the ship has to be fully loaded. If you dispatch a ship with only 1 container, it counts toward the reduction time. If you can dispatch 1 ship a day then you get the reduced time.

knolan
May 03 2017, 07:35 AM
This is a game, not real life. No one is forcing anyone to play Farm Town or forcing anyone to buy anything.

Farm Town is not like other games that have timelines to complete quests, which does force people to play said game multiple times a day, if person wants to complete them. Those other FB games do not take into consideration the people who have limited time to play games.

Nothing illegal going on here.

He's (or she) just trying to make a point. This is a game yes, which should be fair to the majority of the players, not just a select few. There are times that having a time frame should be acceptable & there are times when it isn't necessary. Allow the majority to enjoy the game, not just a few. It is a game, which should be enjoyed by ALL of the players. The advantage goes to those who can afford to purchase all the nice toys that cost farmcash (real cash), and not just using coins for purchases. Try to remember, that people use different words that mean the same thing, he's not talking about the police coming to your door, he's talking about being able to enjoy the game just the same as those who do have the cash & time to play the game equally.

gffarmer
May 03 2017, 07:37 AM
wow thanks for the updates!!!

knolan
May 03 2017, 07:50 AM
It doesn't say the ship has to be fully loaded. If you dispatch a ship with only 1 container, it counts toward the reduction time. If you can dispatch 1 ship a day then you get the reduced time.

yes but I can't even seem to get a ship out every day. Even if the ship has only 1 container. Why bother? for 1 container? The problem is, each day I play the game, with the intent on adding another container, something comes up & I can't get back on the game until the next day, that means that I have to wait until that expires (if it hasn't already expired). Just that 1 day loses my eligibility for the entire weeks worth of time reduction for the container. Why not let everyone enjoy the benefits of reducing the time to process the containers?? WHY NOT LET EVERYONE ENJOY the FULL BENEFITS of the REDUCED TIME of the CONTAINERS?

ftjill
May 03 2017, 07:53 AM
Request for ingredients flagged as spam by Facebook

When I tried to post a request for seal food (Frozen Foods Factory) face book flagged the post as spam. I have used the link provided by Facebook to report the error. :rolleyes:

MOM GLENDA
May 03 2017, 07:59 AM
thanks for a great game . was hoping you would have a tool to buy to load theses ships faster even if its cash to buy it .disapointed you going to 44x44 land.we do not need them bigger than 42x42 .want more farms not more land

sunsetlovera
May 03 2017, 08:07 AM
Thank you!!!!!

Qivis
May 03 2017, 08:15 AM
Thanks. Now how about adding at least one dish that uses those poor neglected Brussel Sprouts? :) And it sure would be nice if we could sort Tools for 'not owned'.

What would they put in their place as a non-ingredient though? :p Great suggestion about the tool sorting!

Qivis
May 03 2017, 08:18 AM

The idea is to reward those of us who do all the hard work. And most of my farming friends are senior citizens, disabled, or disabled senior citizens, so it would still be a majority!

sylvie48uk
May 03 2017, 08:28 AM
Awesome! Thanks Raul and team! xx

L.A.Bob
May 03 2017, 08:37 AM
Thanks for a really nice update.

kathy.duck@gmail.com
May 03 2017, 09:00 AM
Is anyone else getting a message that they cannot request facility products from friends? The error reads

"Our security systems have detected that a lot of people are posting the same content, which could mean that it's spam. Please try a different post.
If you think you're seeing this by mistake, please let us know."

I reported it to Facebook, but it may be an issue with this release.

honeypie286
May 03 2017, 09:05 AM
It would be fantastic to have another source of graphite or increased supplies of graphite with all these facilities you create with carbon steel requirements. I have to turn them off in every new facility because I can't keep up at all with the graphite requirements (I have mines on 32 farms) ... Please put graphite in the ships and trains too. I have 7 trains with the appropriate train car to get more carbon steel sheets and it still isn't enough. Thanks

Pamgow
May 03 2017, 09:10 AM
Can you please make restaurants that are purchased with coins on future releases? All of the restaurants in the past year with the exception of 2 have been for purchase with FC. Those of us who are FC poor are starving to death. We like to eat too.

DianeCK
May 03 2017, 09:11 AM
Thank you very much..

LizaLee
May 03 2017, 09:29 AM
Thank you
Gracias!

Palmarina
May 03 2017, 09:30 AM
I love the new facilities. Nice birthday present :)

Tiger
May 03 2017, 09:36 AM
Is anyone else getting a message that they cannot request facility products from friends? The error reads

"Our security systems have detected that a lot of people are posting the same content, which could mean that it's spam. Please try a different post.

Hi kathy.duck,

Which ingredients did you ask for? Is this happening with requests all from the same facility or different ones?

JudyD1651
May 03 2017, 09:37 AM
Have you noticed the clear memcache links some have shared only go through farm 11. Do we have one that goes through 32 farms?

JudyD1651
May 03 2017, 09:40 AM
Thanks so much for #7

ftjill
May 03 2017, 09:43 AM
I posted about getting this error message too.
Requested seal food from the Frozen Foods factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy.duck@gmail.com View Post

Hi kathy.duck,

Which ingredients did you ask for? Is this happening with requests all from the same facility or different ones?

Dutch85
May 03 2017, 09:46 AM
Thank you for another awesome release Raul!

user007
May 03 2017, 10:00 AM
Hi kathy.duck,

I got the same message requesting carbon steel sheets for the graphite

Tiger
May 03 2017, 10:02 AM

Hi ftjill,

Thanks for your reply :)

It seems to be happening with other ingredients requests as well. We have reported this to the developers.

Petuniaflower
May 03 2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:

Hi kathy.duck,

Crazy things are happening on facebook. In the middle of me posting a facility,it comes up my facebook has been comprised and it was locked and I had to put in a new password!!

Farmer_Susan
May 03 2017, 10:15 AM
Awesome release! ALWAYS love bigger tools - will be buying both - and checking all day long to see when they come out! LOL

Very much like the idea on reducing ship times. Personally, I've been able to keep up with them fairly well with the current times, but I realize not everyone can sign on as often as I can, so this should help make it more fair for all.

Also enjoyed getting all 4 new facilities at once this time - although I may be in the minority. Others may prefer to have them spaced out.

Buying tools has become very difficult because I never remember what I have and what I need. I'm eager to see if the new implementation will help with that. I'm still not sure it will because there are just so many tools now. I saw a post from someone earlier today suggesting we have a sort by whether or not you own the tool. I thought that was an excellent suggestion but it seems to have been moved or deleted. I'll echo it, though. Would be nice to totally hide tools I already own. Maybe that's part of this new release - will wait and see. :)

Thank you thank you thank you!

leighwj1960
May 03 2017, 10:15 AM
Hi There,

7. Reduced container preparation time for all ships based on the amount of dispatched ships in the past 7 days (coming in a few days): Here are the rules that we are considering...

If in the last 7 days you have not dispatched any ship then the containers preparation time will be the same as they are now.
If in the last 7 days you have dispatched 1 ship then the new containers preparation time will be 90% of the current containers preparation time
If in the last 7 days you have dispatched 6 ships then the new containers preparation time will be only 40% of the current containers preparation time

So if you play often and you manage to dispatch 6 ships in the last 7 days:

For the Cargo Ship Blue the new containers preparation time will be 24 minutes instead of 60 minutes.
For the Cargo Ship Yellow the new containers preparation time will be 12 minutes instead of 30 minutes.

I began preparation on a ship this morning and there was no decrease in time for me even though I have sent out several ships in the past 7 days.

Tiger
May 03 2017, 10:22 AM
I began preparation on a ship this morning and there was no decrease in time for me even though I have sent out several ships in the past 7 days.

Hi leighwj1960,

If you re-read what you quoted you will see it says >>

(coming in a few days)

mcdaddie
May 03 2017, 10:32 AM
Have you noticed the clear memcache links some have shared only go through farm 11. Do we have one that goes through 32 farms?
Hello JudyD
I brought this to their attention last month and they repaired it. Mine now goes from 0 to 31 covering all 32 farms. Make sure you are using this link:
http://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/farm/play/?do=clear_memcached

paddyapple
May 03 2017, 10:33 AM
Love it when you give us more. Makes it hard to keep up tho LOL But I would like to know if you can give us access to the alphabet. I would like to write "Airport" on my runway. If not give us a way to make up our own signs. Please respond Thank you!!

max_river
May 03 2017, 10:38 AM
ty for the up date

Momma Woods
May 03 2017, 10:47 AM
If you don't do cargo ships will the Cargo factories be of any benefit to you?

Tiger
May 03 2017, 10:49 AM
Love it when you give us more. Makes it hard to keep up tho LOL But I would like to know if you can give us access to the alphabet. I would like to write "Airport" on my runway. If not give us a way to make up our own signs. Please respond Thank you!!

Hi paddyapple,

Please, all suggestions for the game go in the suggestions area of the forum where they are all gathered for the developers to see. Here's the link to that section >>
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Tiger
May 03 2017, 10:50 AM
If you don't do cargo ships will the Cargo factories be of any benefit to you?

Hi Momma Woods,

The are just regular facilites, not linked to the cargo ships.

barbara nixon
May 03 2017, 10:50 AM
thanks for the update..this game always keeps us in anticipation s to what's coming next,.,keep3 our interest.. keep up the good work devs..

Dan H
May 03 2017, 10:52 AM
Another great release to FT players, especially on this cool and rainy day in my town!! Thank you Raul & Dev's!

Tom C
May 03 2017, 10:53 AM
Well I agree with everyone else, the less time to prepare ships is still messed up, I do not have time to prepare the containers one at a time. Need to give us a tool that does them all at once. Guess my ships will be staying in my harbor,and my port will continue to be closed. At some point I see myself deleting the harbor and turning farm 32 in to a field.

Farmer_Susan
May 03 2017, 12:37 PM
Well I agree with everyone else, the less time to prepare ships is still messed up, I do not have time to prepare the containers one at a time. Need to give us a tool that does them all at once. Guess my ships will be staying in my harbor,and my port will continue to be closed. At some point I see myself deleting the harbor and turning farm 32 in to a field.

Tom, you realize you can just load one container and then send it on its way, right? That still means 2 trips to FT in a day - one to load and one to dispatch - but if you have time for just that much, it's still free stuff. :)

Shellgirlmtl
May 03 2017, 12:48 PM
Great update as usual... Thank you... I am not sure if anyone has mention this but I have just noticed that the Anchovy Belt is not counting... to get to Yellow Belt you need 779... I have already fished 1514 on a few farms and the counter is still on 'need 779' to reach Yellow Belt...

Thank you again for a great update!!!... :D

Time1ess
May 03 2017, 12:54 PM
The updates are great but I really wish that when a new fish is added that the quantity of fish we get from the water items are increased because by adding a new fish, it takes away from the quantity of the other fish we are fishing out daily. =)

Kudos to the Devs for always keeping FT refreshed with new goodies rolling in. :D

~ Sandra

jade_p
May 03 2017, 01:52 PM

in the release notes it states that this feature will be available in the coming days. the time is not decreased yet.

jade_p
May 03 2017, 01:56 PM
The updates are great but I really wish that when a new fish is added that the quantity of fish we get from the water items are increased because by adding a new fish, it takes away from the quantity of the other fish we are fishing out daily. =)

Kudos to the Devs for always keeping FT refreshed with new goodies rolling in. :D

~ Sandra

this is a wonderful suggestion! in the small sea coasts, int he store, you cna get one that gives you 99 fish, or one that gives you 122 fish. by adding anchovies to this, you are decreasing the amount of the other fish being fished out. UNLESS- this number has been increased and the store just does not reflect that yet. ALSO- thank you so much for adding the new fish to COIN WATERS!!! WELL DONE ON THAT DECISION!!

JudyD1651
May 03 2017, 02:22 PM
Hello JudyD
I brought this to their attention last month and they repaired it. Mine now goes from 0 to 31 covering all 32 farms. Make sure you are using this link:
http://l1.slashkey.com/facebook/farm/play/?do=clear_memcached

Thanks so much for sharing this info.

Taz D
May 03 2017, 02:46 PM

~ Sandra
Hi Sandra,
If you wish to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

nanhoo
May 03 2017, 02:48 PM
Always enjoying new things, thanks!

Time1ess
May 03 2017, 03:14 PM
Hi Sandra,
If you wish to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

Done, thanks Taz! :D

sitime
May 03 2017, 03:22 PM

I agree!!! Thanks for the current updates, now let's see about using Brussel Sprouts and sort Tools for "Not owned".:D

Sqrl
May 03 2017, 05:37 PM
Hi ftjill,

Thanks for your reply :)

It seems to be happening with other ingredients requests as well. We have reported this to the developers.

I was trying to get ingredients out of the smokehouse and the holiday decor factory today, but FB was on the case! lol

Docperk
May 03 2017, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the updates.

Taz D
May 03 2017, 06:39 PM
I was trying to get ingredients out of the smokehouse and the holiday decor factory today, but FB was on the case! lol
Hi Sqrl,
The developers have been notified about this. They will have to get Facebook to fix it.

mcdaddie
May 03 2017, 06:54 PM
thanks for a great game . was hoping you would have a tool to buy to load theses ships faster even if its cash to buy it .disapointed you going to 44x44 land.we do not need them bigger than 42x42 .want more farms not more land
I totally agree MOM.

I think it was a terrible decision to go to 44x44 rather than a new farm for the following reasons:
1) The average home computer of our farmers is not powerful enough to handle much above 38x38 if it is a "busy" farm. Loading that much more property fully planted could take an extremely long time.
2) Also, the longer time it takes to load all that data runs the risk of even more Shockwave crashes than we get now. I have a very powerful PC that has no problems running the game, but my super neighbor is going on strike if I expand my farms past 40x40.
3)Expanding the farm size rather than the quantity of farms also takes away the ability to add more facilities to counteract the extreme shortages in other products (i.e. minerals from the mines). I have 32 of each of the mines (one on every farm) and when I publish my facilities for people to help, I instantly go short on stuff like graphite ore and chromite ore. It is becoming serious since they refuse to address those shortages by putting them into the train cars and/or the ship containers.

I do not know why they have chosen to go to 44x44 but it is hurting, not helping. If you agree with any of this, I ask you to stand up, speak up, and be counted hoping to change their minds about the farm size direction they are going.

Taz D
May 03 2017, 06:54 PM
The memcache link has been corrected now so you can use the same link you have been using and do not have to change. Both links go to the same place, but the one the moderators give you goes through the secure app servers. Here is that link:
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

Sqrl
May 03 2017, 07:05 PM
Hi Sqrl,
The developers have been notified about this. They will have to get Facebook to fix it.

Well, they fixed the sign-in to TrialPay Support, so who knows! :)

Time1ess
May 03 2017, 07:57 PM
I totally agree MOM.

I think it was a terrible decision to go to 44x44 rather than a new farm for the following reasons:
1) The average home computer of our farmers is not powerful enough to handle much above 38x38 if it is a "busy" farm. Loading that much more property fully planted could take an extremely long time.
2) Also, the longer time it takes to load all that data runs the risk of even more Shockwave crashes than we get now. I have a very powerful PC that has no problems running the game, but my super neighbor is going on strike if I expand my farms past 40x40.
3)Expanding the farm size rather than the quantity of farms also takes away the ability to add more facilities to counteract the extreme shortages in other products (i.e. minerals from the mines). I have 32 of each of the mines (one on every farm) and when I publish my facilities for people to help, I instantly go short on stuff like graphite ore and chromite ore. It is becoming serious since they refuse to address those shortages by putting them into the train cars and/or the ship containers.

I do not know why they have chosen to go to 44x44 but it is hurting, not helping. If you agree with any of this, I ask you to stand up, speak up, and be counted hoping to change their minds about the farm size direction they are going.

Very good points here, thanks for putting it out there. I have to hide just about everything before helping my neighbors with facilities because I'm sitting forever waiting for stuff to load and then waiting after every few facilities worked for everything to catch up. LOL Annoying, really.

lovetoocraft
May 03 2017, 10:02 PM
I'm confused. I want to purchase the 5X5 harvest, plant, plow Combine EX and was under the impression that I did not need to purchase all the previous Combines and related equipment. It says tool(s) so I am assuming you are talking about all the EX tools. When I attempted to purchase the Combine EX 5X5, it states I must already have the regular one 16x16. This is such a waste of money to HAVE to purchase tools we are not going to use.

"Quote" To buy these tools you *do not* need to own any of the regular crop tools 18x18. However, say you are using a Combine Harvest-Plow Ex of any size, if you switch to the highlight mode and you also own the regular Combine Harvest-Plow 18 x 18, then that's the Combine that will be selected instead of the regular Combine Harvest-Plow 16 x 16.

Aussie Rae
May 03 2017, 10:21 PM
Re using the mouse wheel to zoom in and out not working in the latest version of Chrome when in full screen mode - mine is working just fine :D

same here, never had any problems with it, in fact don't have any of the problems a lot of people post about... :)

Taz D
May 03 2017, 10:29 PM
I'm confused. I want to purchase the 5X5 harvest, plant, plow Combine EX and was under the impression that I did not need to purchase all the previous Combines and related equipment. It says tool(s) so I am assuming you are talking about all the EX tools. When I attempted to purchase the Combine EX 5X5, it states I must already have the regular one 16x16. This is such a waste of money to HAVE to purchase tools we are not going to use.

"Quote" To buy these tools you *do not* need to own any of the regular crop tools 18x18. However, say you are using a Combine Harvest-Plow Ex of any size, if you switch to the highlight mode and you also own the regular Combine Harvest-Plow 18 x 18, then that's the Combine that will be selected instead of the regular Combine Harvest-Plow 16 x 16.
Hi lovetoocraft,
In order to buy the EX 5x5 tools you do have to own the 16x16 tools including the combines if you want the EX 5x5 combines. This is the way it has always been for purchasing tools.
You can look at the tools in the store and it will have an Unlock button if you need other tools and it will tell you what you need before you can buy that particular tool.

mhope23
May 03 2017, 11:02 PM
It was the ship time limits that got me frustrated caused me to put my ships into storage. you get your ships nearly filled and oops 24 hours are up and "dang you have to start over" Maybe if I could have hired "trained" loaders. (Pay an insurance fee or a loader fee or whatever you want to call it to make loading go quicker.) I could have gotten loaded sooner. on the one and only ship
I own, or the sixth one. It should not make any difference how many I own nor how many I have sailed. The ship thing still needs to be better thought out.
Now that being said, I like the sounds of the store and the new arrangement so we know what we are lacking for a purchase. also finding tools, not in storage will help folks a great deal. Thanks very much for these grand improvements. The expansions? Well for those that can afford them, Bully! Me I will keep plugging along with what I have and try to grow a little here and there.

Snookie Sue
May 03 2017, 11:56 PM
New possibilities won't help me at all. Ships for me are probably always going to be decorative. :(

leighwj1960
May 04 2017, 04:36 AM
4. Regular Harvester, Plower and Combine Harvest-Plow 18 x 18 (FC) (Coming later today): If you already own their 16 x 16 versions, then you can buy these regular crop tools and work on 324 crop fields at a time.

Where are these tools? It has been more than 24 hours and is now the NEXT day.

knolan
May 04 2017, 06:39 AM
Why can't they put a cancel button to cancel a cargo ship? Sometimes, when I've made a mistake & chosen the wrong container or ship, I want to cancel it, but I can't. So I need to wait a full 24 hrs before I can start over. There should be some type of option for us to cancel a ship or container.

knolan
May 04 2017, 06:53 AM
When are they going to put the crop info when using the Combine EX? I need to know the crop info when I hover over the completed crops. I don't always plant the same crop on each farm. I have several crops on 1 farm that I use for the quests. So that, even if a crop is ready to harvest, I don't always harvest it right away, there are times when I need to know what crop I'm replacing. Because I can't always identify what the crop is & how long it will be good for before spoiling, so I need to hover over the crop to get the crop name & time frames. When are they going to fix that option? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know.

marymarcel
May 04 2017, 07:00 AM
Why can't they put a cancel button to cancel a cargo ship? Sometimes, when I've made a mistake & chosen the wrong container or ship, I want to cancel it, but I can't. So I need to wait a full 24 hrs before I can start over. There should be some type of option for us to cancel a ship or container.

Hi knolan :)

It is better to post your idea in our Suggestion section to have all ideas in the same place.

You cant start a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestiosn:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

marymarcel
May 04 2017, 07:02 AM
Hi all :)

From Raul's notes for the New Release:

- There has been some complications in the release of the new tools, we expect to release them soon, most likely tomorrow.

Dan H
May 04 2017, 09:26 AM
Where are these tools? It has been more than 24 hours and is now the NEXT day.

Release Notes: Post-Release Updates - May 3rd, 11:50PM

Texas Belle
May 04 2017, 10:06 AM
Thank you Raul & Co., like always you guys rock... THANK YOU!!

Tom C
May 04 2017, 11:30 AM
It would be nice to have everything ready for once when putting out a new release, instead of, later today, tomorrow, later this week. Just for once it would be nice to have a whole release ready.

Dulcinea
May 04 2017, 01:12 PM
6. Easier to know which tools are required to buy another tool in the Store: When a tool X is locked because of required items that are still not owned, instead of just hiding the 'Buy' button we are now showing an 'Unlock' button. This 'Unlock' button will remove all tools from the screen and display only those tools required to buy the tool X. If any of those required tools is also locked because of other required items still not owned, the same thing will happen, an Unlock button will appear and so on.

This way you can drill down and back (using the Back button on the top) and navigate the full required items structure for any tool.

Very useful, thanks. :)

JoGilliam
May 04 2017, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the changes, I always think that you are working to improve the game and resolve problems for us.

I especially liked the idea that improvement on the ships may come - I had put mine all in storage. I could accomplish the loading and sending out each day (I'm retired), but honestly it just took so much energy that I started getting very tired and it wasn't fun. Once I put them where I couldn't see them it was better. I did them nonstop for about 3 weeks.

I am looking forward to trying out your ideas for improvement, and have brought them back out again to see how you handle the next iteration of this feature.

JoGilliam
May 04 2017, 01:23 PM
Another comment - it would be so helpful to have a filter in the Tools section of the store that was "Not Owned" - like the one in the facilities.

Thanks for all you do to keep the game fresh and fun!

Taz D
May 04 2017, 01:27 PM
Another comment - it would be so helpful to have a filter in the Tools section of the store that was "Not Owned" - like the one in the facilities.

Thanks for all you do to keep the game fresh and fun!
Hi JoGilliam,
Please put your suggestion in the Suggestions section where the developers can see all of the suggestions together. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

TGrrrr
May 04 2017, 01:49 PM
Hello !
I would like to suggest that it be enabled for us to zoom out farther now with the bigger farms. It would make working the farms much easier :)

Taz D
May 04 2017, 01:55 PM
Hello !
I would like to suggest that it be enabled for us to zoom out farther now with the bigger farms. It would make working the farms much easier :)
Hi TGrrrr,
Please put your suggestion in the Suggestions section where the developers can see all of the suggestions together. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

Denise Dianna
May 04 2017, 05:15 PM
I do not have time to prepare the containers one at a time. Need to give us a tool that does them all at once. Guess my ships will be staying in my harbor,and my port will continue to be closed. At some point I see myself deleting the harbor and turning farm 32 in to a field.

why not prepare one container and send that out?

DianeCK
May 04 2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:

Hi kathy.duck,

I also have seen this when I tried to post the new items to my wall. the factories were fine so far. just on the new items..

Taz D
May 04 2017, 06:08 PM
I also have seen this when I tried to post the new items to my wall. the factories were fine so far. just on the new items..
Hi DianeCK,
The developers have been made aware of this. As this is a Facebook security message then they may have to be the ones to fix this.

mlrobards
May 05 2017, 08:11 AM

I am so waiting for new tools! Wanted to thank Devs. for the delay. Making sure they're working right is awesome :)

Rugged Barbie
May 05 2017, 10:35 AM
I, too, got the security issue this morning when trying to post copper ore and petrol barrels for a quest. I closed out FT, returned about an hour later and was able to post for petrol barrels and something else. However, I had already started the process for copper ore so don't know if that was the initial trigger.

BTW, love this game and am totally confused about the new EX tools and what I don't have to already own to buy them. :confused:

Taz D
May 05 2017, 10:45 AM
I, too, got the security issue this morning when trying to post copper ore and petrol barrels for a quest. I closed out FT, returned about an hour later and was able to post for petrol barrels and something else. However, I had already started the process for copper ore so don't know if that was the initial trigger.

BTW, love this game and am totally confused about the new EX tools and what I don't have to already own to buy them. :confused:
Hi Rugged Barbie,
The ingredient requests Facebook security message is intermitent. It's happening with some posts but not all. You will not know until you try if there will be a problem. As it is a Facebook security message that pops up we may well have to wait for them to resolve the problem.

For the EX tools you first have to own the 16x16 original tools before you can buy the EX 5x5 tools. Then the EX 6x6 and EX 7x7 (when they are released) would have to be bought in order.
If you go to the store and hover your mouse over a tool and see an Unlock button instead of the Buy button you can click on that and it will show you what you need to buy first before that tool will be unlocked.

JoGilliam
May 05 2017, 11:22 AM
Any hope for graphite to be added to the ores in the ships and/or trains?

Thanks for all you do.

Taz D
May 05 2017, 11:37 AM
Any hope for graphite to be added to the ores in the ships and/or trains?

Thanks for all you do.
Hi JoGilliam,
If you wish to make a suggestion, please post it in the Suggestions section where the developers will see it with all the other suggestions. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

dorissau
May 05 2017, 01:20 PM

I am so waiting for new tools! Wanted to thank Devs. for the delay. Making sure they're working right is awesome :)

The tools will come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be some!

Aneida
May 05 2017, 04:24 PM
Thank you for the update.

dofford
May 06 2017, 08:25 AM
I have dispatched a ship and yesterday and when I started loading the Pink Ship and the loading time is still 48 min. Should be 43 min buy my calculations.

Tiger
May 06 2017, 08:38 AM
I have dispatched a ship and yesterday and when I started loading the Pink Ship and the loading time is still 48 min. Should be 43 min buy my calculations.

Hi dofford,

The reduced preparation time for the ships has not been released yet.

DCN-Toujours
May 06 2017, 10:21 AM

AGREE!!!
Thanks Raul & Team!!

Tom C
May 06 2017, 01:23 PM
This idea to reduce the loading time of the containers is stupid. I would still have to come back to ft several times a day to load the next one. I do not have the time for that, I need to be able to load all containers at once. That is the only way the ships are of any value. I will not be sending out ships or opening my port until that time.

I said a few months ago that having a new release every month should be changed to a few a year since they are never ready when released. Case in point this release the big stuff in this release does not work or has not been put in play. No tools working and the time to load ships still has not been put in place.

craftyoldlady7
May 06 2017, 02:52 PM
Love the new ex tools, waiting patiently for the 7 x 7's! Please, could you find a way to do something like the seaport manager for the trains? I have 8 or 9 trains and it is difficult to keep track of which are ready to unload. Like if you have 2 or 3 friends who didn't click to move train on and you have 8 or 10 more hrs before unloading, the time going to the farm that has that train is wasted. If you have only 2 or 3 hours to be on 'puter every minute counts

marymarcel
May 06 2017, 03:02 PM
Love the new ex tools, waiting patiently for the 7 x 7's! Please, could you find a way to do something like the seaport manager for the trains? I have 8 or 9 trains and it is difficult to keep track of which are ready to unload. Like if you have 2 or 3 friends who didn't click to move train on and you have 8 or 10 more hrs before unloading, the time going to the farm that has that train is wasted. If you have only 2 or 3 hours to be on 'puter every minute counts

H craftyoldlady7 :)

It is better to post your idea in our Suggestion section to have all of them in the same place and easier for the developers to read them.

You cant start a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to that section:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Queen.of.Clutter
May 06 2017, 10:54 PM
The tools will come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be some!

Or not ...........

Nancy Corbin
May 07 2017, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the encourgment.

mcdaddie
May 07 2017, 08:27 AM

Hey craftyoldlady, There is a tool I use everyday. Go to the toolbox, open it, find the pic of the clock (Show times), open it and click on the button named "Trains" and it will give you a list of all your trains. Any with a green check mark is ready to be unloaded, and any with an # of hours left will be on all still out for pickup. Hover your mouse over the number and it will tell you if any are still available to send more requests for help out. I use this tool daily. I think you will find it very valuable with all the trains you have.

maggiel29
May 07 2017, 12:19 PM
Cargo ships: - I thought the dispatch remaining time would decrease if you had sent out ships in the previous days? I dispatched ships every day for three days. My 4th ship - the brown one is preparing. It is still showing its normal time of 56 mins - does this new feature only apply when you get to day 7?

Tiger
May 07 2017, 12:39 PM
Cargo ships: - I thought the dispatch remaining time would decrease if you had sent out ships in the previous days? I dispatched ships every day for three days. My 4th ship - the brown one is preparing. It is still showing its normal time of 56 mins - does this new feature only apply when you get to day 7?

Hi maggiel29,

It hasn't been released yet.

maggiel29
May 07 2017, 01:55 PM
Hi Tiger - thanks for the response about the ships and the preparation time! I missed the vital sentence "coming in a few days" duh .................

Angel7
May 07 2017, 05:24 PM
Really looking forward to the new shipping times - wonderful idea - thank you to all you wonderful developers.....

beverduster
May 07 2017, 09:42 PM
i just noticed when i was doing the co op quests, if i clicked on the pic, it said they was deleeted? whats this a bug?

Taz D
May 07 2017, 09:48 PM
i just noticed when i was doing the co op quests, if i clicked on the pic, it said they was deleeted? whats this a bug?
Hi beverduster,
What picture are you clicking on? Need a little more detail to be able to check this out.

beverduster
May 08 2017, 04:52 AM
Hi beverduster,
What picture are you clicking on? Need a little more detail to be able to check this out.

the pic of the owner of the farm you are on down at the bottom of the quest page

tina7447
May 08 2017, 05:18 AM

Getting the same.

Tiger
May 08 2017, 06:40 AM
the pic of the owner of the farm you are on down at the bottom of the quest page

Getting the same.

Hi beverduster and tina7447,

I got this but it was temporary. Try closing the quest manager and then reopen it. If that doesn't work, exit your game then reload and check again.

beverduster
May 08 2017, 08:03 AM
Hi beverduster and tina7447,

I got this but it was temporary. Try closing the quest manager and then reopen it. If that doesn't work, exit your game then reload and check again.

t y tiger lady, good to no

sylvie48uk
May 08 2017, 10:20 AM
Getting the same.

Me too, I noticed it the other day.

Taz D
May 09 2017, 08:18 PM
New tools have been released:

Post-Release Updates - May 9th, 9:00PM

- Release the pending tools:

1.Regular Harvester, Plower and Combine Harvest-Plow 18 x 18
2.Harvester Ex and Combine Harvest-Plow Ex 7 x 7 with extended mode support

See more info in the release post above.

Note: The regular Combine Harvest-Plow 18x18 is right above the regular red Combines 16x16 in the toolbox.
The regular Harvester 18x18 is right above the regular red Harvester 16x16 in the toolbox. The other 3 tools are in their expected positions in the toolbox.

rodneycs
May 09 2017, 08:42 PM
When is the reduced container time going to start. Every day I prepare a ship and there is still no reduction.

Taz D
May 09 2017, 09:11 PM
Don't understand those tools still have one grey out and it says need combine harvester plow 18 by 18 but I have it, this has greyed out in the lower ones, so don't understand that at all
Hi Amanda,
What are you trying to buy?
I don't see a combine harvest plow 18x18 in your data. I do see the 16x16 one which is all you need to buy the EX 7x7's if that is what you are trying to buy. You do not need the 18x18 to buy the EX tools.

amanda1955
May 09 2017, 09:16 PM
worked it out

mcdaddie
May 09 2017, 09:55 PM
I see only 2 of the new EX 7 tools. NO seeder and no combine that will allow, harvest, plow, plant. What good is only half of the tools when you normally do all those functions at the same time. I really hope after this wait this is not intentional. I guess I will find something else to spend the FC I saved for those tools. :(

Taz D
May 09 2017, 10:06 PM
I see only 2 of the new EX 7 tools. NO seeder and no combine that will allow, harvest, plow, plant. What good is only half of the tools when you normally do all those functions at the same time. I really hope after this wait this is not intentional. I guess I will find something else to spend the FC I saved for those tools. :(
Hi mcdaddie,
As was stated in section 4 and 5 there were only 5 total tools to be released this time.
4. Regular Harvester, Plower and Combine Harvest-Plow 18 x 18 (FC):

5. Harvester Ex and Combine Harvest-Plow Ex 7 x 7 with extended mode support (FC):

The rest of the tools for these sets will most likely be released in the next release.

Karin Venables
May 09 2017, 10:06 PM
Is the combine seeder coming this update or is it waiting for next time around?

Taz D
May 09 2017, 10:11 PM
Is the combine seeder coming this update or is it waiting for next time around?
Hi Karin,
The seeders and combine harvest plants are not included in this release.

mcdaddie
May 09 2017, 10:17 PM
Hi mcdaddie,
As was stated in section 4 and 5 there were only 5 total tools to be released this time.
4. Regular Harvester, Plower and Combine Harvest-Plow 18 x 18 (FC):

5. Harvester Ex and Combine Harvest-Plow Ex 7 x 7 with extended mode support (FC):

The rest of the tools for these sets will most likely be released in the next release.
I can read TAZ, but in the previous two releases the ex5 and ex6 tools all came out as a full set. It is totally crazy to drizzle these things out as a NON WORKING set of crop tools.

Taz D
May 09 2017, 10:27 PM
I can read TAZ, but in the previous two releases the ex5 and ex6 tools all came out as a full set. It is totally crazy to drizzle these things out as a NON WORKING set of crop tools.
Hi mcdaddie,
Since they added 2 more sets of tools this time then possibly they did not want to give players too many FC tools at once because of the cost. So instead are breaking it up in to 5 this time and 4 next time

WendyP57
May 09 2017, 10:46 PM
My super neighbour told me that my 6x6 ex tools are not available for him to use today although he has been using them previously. he has cleared memcache and reloaded ft but tools still not showing up for him to use. I just purchased the new 7x7 ex tools and they are not available for him either. Hopefully this is just a glitch and will be fixed sooner rather than later

Taz D
May 09 2017, 10:53 PM
My super neighbour told me that my 6x6 ex tools are not available for him to use today although he has been using them previously. he has cleared memcache and reloaded ft but tools still not showing up for him to use. I just purchased the new 7x7 ex tools and they are not available for him either. Hopefully this is just a glitch and will be fixed sooner rather than later
Hi WendyP,
Are those tools greyed out for him?
Have you tried them as a super neighbor to use your own 6x6 and 7x7 EX tools to see if they are greyed out?
Also do you have those tools in storage?
Make sure that he is clicking the arrow at the top of the column to make sure all the bigger tools are showing.

Aussie Rae
May 09 2017, 11:32 PM
darn it!! bought the 2 18x18 Extended tools and then accidentally bought the other 3 tools (18x18) all for farmcash and just realized I did not need to buy them!! grrrrrr
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1704476522902368&set=a.589588114391220.153425.100000201115933&type=3

WendyP57
May 10 2017, 12:39 AM
Thanks Taz. i tried using my tools on a super neighbour's farm and they worked OK. Asked another super neighbour to try using my tools on my farm and they say it works for them as well:)

Farmer Dibble
May 10 2017, 03:24 AM
Ex tools are useless without the full set which includes the Harvest/Plow/Sow option. Not having this in the 7x7 set means more work so I will just have to keep using the 6x6 version until this oversight is remedied.

tassydevil_1au
May 10 2017, 04:22 AM
Hi, I have just purchased the new ex 7x7 tools and it's not automatically selecting them. I have to go to the toolbox and pick them up. I have cleared cookies, history and memcache and that hasn't helped at all.
Just doing another farm and it's only picking up the harvest plot tool automatically, not the ex 7x7

Clohar
May 10 2017, 04:30 AM
Hi, may I know if you have a clue as to know when we will be able to use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out in full screen. I had an update for Chrome put the problem is still existing

Aussie Rae
May 10 2017, 05:37 AM
Hi, may I know if you have a clue as to know when we will be able to use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out in full screen. I had an update for Chrome put the problem is still existing

I use chrome and can zoom in and out and have never had a problem, even when using my ipad mini I can zoom in and out..

Aussie Rae
May 10 2017, 05:45 AM
seems everyone is having problems loading farmtown at the moment, I just checked and had to update Google Chrome, not sure if the problem is the browser or not...

Kongo
May 10 2017, 05:56 AM
1. When I do SN's to harvest and plow crops it automatically hands me the red solid tools to work. Manually choosing the new white one does work
2. Half the farmers in live chat cannot get on their farms. We not sure if it's FTown not connecting to certain servers but most are getting frustrated after trying all the bells and whistles to solve problem. When I try opening FT on a different browser I get this "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later."

Aussie Rae
May 10 2017, 06:19 AM
1. When I do SN's to harvest and plow crops it automatically hands me the red solid tools to work. Manually choosing the new white one does work
2. Half the farmers in live chat cannot get on their farms. We not sure if it's FTown not connecting to certain servers but most are getting frustrated after trying all the bells and whistles to solve problem. When I try opening FT on a different browser I get this "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later."

managed to get on and replant my farms for tomorrow, but heading to bed now, so hope its all fixed by the morning, :) ps, just reloaded the game again...

dave1949
May 10 2017, 06:22 AM
managed to get on and replant my farms for tomorrow, but heading to bed now, so hope its all fixed by the morning, :) ps, just reloaded the game again...

Mine will not load, even tried to other browsers.

Dan H
May 10 2017, 07:43 AM
Back on FT with Chrome & IE.

When working neighbor's farms, the Combine Extent tools are NOT available. Only get the Eye and Highlight tools.

Tiger
May 10 2017, 07:56 AM
Back on FT with Chrome & IE.

When working neighbor's farms, the Extent tools are NOT available. Only get the Eye and Highlight tools.

Hi Dan H,

The developers have been notified of the tools issue. Thank you for your report.

Perico429
May 10 2017, 08:34 AM
Last night I was hired for a job and none of my upper tools (ex 6x6) were available to me. When I looked at the toolbox, they were not showing any of my upper tools. They are showing today, even the new tools. I also just hired someone and they report that they are not able to use my ex tools.

jeannine_p
May 10 2017, 11:20 AM
any idea when the release of the reduced ship prep time will be???

Tiger
May 10 2017, 05:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

From Rauls Notes >>

Bugfix: The EX tools are not being selected automatically when working as a super neighbor or a hire from the market, instead the 16x16 or 18x18 are being selected.

Tom C
May 10 2017, 06:50 PM
Well bought the tools, but are useless til the harvest plow plant one comes out thankyou for a useless update.

Dan H
May 10 2017, 08:00 PM

Hi Raul - Thanks for getting things fixed today! Bought the EX 7X7 Harvester & EX 7X7 Harvest Plow Combine. They work great and I really like the improvements you are making in the game! Looking forward to the next tools and stuff in the next release....

Perico429
May 12 2017, 12:43 PM
Just wondering when we could expect the new features for the ships?

marymarcel
May 12 2017, 12:54 PM
Just wondering when we could expect the new features for the ships?

Hi Perico429 :)

Only the developers know when the new times will be released, but keep an eye on the New Release thread, as Raul always posts there any news. :)

michaeled2248
May 12 2017, 08:13 PM
Has the container changes taken effect? I haven't seen any changes. Thought it would take chabge by now

Taz D
May 12 2017, 08:20 PM
Has the container changes taken effect? I haven't seen any changes. Thought it would take chabge by now
Hi Michaeled,
No it has not been released yet. Please keep watching the first post of this thread and the developers will post in it when they release it.

Docperk
May 12 2017, 10:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

From Rauls Notes >>

Wouldn't it be nice if it could automatically select the best tool for the job you are doing. Like if you are working a layer field it would select the EX tool and if not it would select the largest regular tool you have. Before and after this update I found that I when changing the type of field I am working I have to change to the tool that is right for the type of field. Maybe in the next update? Please. thank you

Taz D
May 12 2017, 10:27 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if it could automatically select the best tool for the job you are doing. Like if you are working a layer field it would select the EX tool and if not it would select the largest regular tool you have. Before and after this update I found that I when changing the type of field I am working I have to change to the tool that is right for the type of field. Maybe in the next update? Please. thank you
Hi Docperk,
If you wish to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where it will be grouped for the developers to see them. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

dofford
May 13 2017, 01:02 PM
When will the new times for the ships be implemented? It will be a real good upgrade. Will you just count ships dispatched even if one ship has been dispatched more than once in the 7 days??

Taz D
May 13 2017, 01:07 PM
When will the new times for the ships be implemented? It will be a real good upgrade. Will you just count ships dispatched even if one ship has been dispatched more than once in the 7 days??
Hi dofford,
Only the developers know when it will be ready and released and they don't give us advanced warning as to when. For your other question all we know is what was posted in the first post of this thread. We will just have to wait until it is released to find out the details.

EireneM
May 13 2017, 05:56 PM
I have bought the new ex tools and now cannot work the farms I am super neighbour to when i go to their farms to work it just freezes and I have to log off

Taz D
May 13 2017, 06:25 PM
I have bought the new ex tools and now cannot work the farms I am super neighbour to when i go to their farms to work it just freezes and I have to log off
Hi EireneM,
Before you go to those farms try unchecking all the show items in your preferences that you are not going to be working on and see if that keeps it from freezing.

EireneM
May 14 2017, 08:04 AM
Hi EireneM,
Before you go to those farms try unchecking all the show items in your preferences that you are not going to be working on and see if that keeps it from freezing.

Many thanks but I now have to uncheck everything before it lets me move to another farm then re check what I want to do

annthewhofan
May 14 2017, 09:41 AM
These tools where it says unlock does this mean i can buy the tool even though not got the one before it. I not saved enough farmcash yet, so can jump ahead? pay 50 farmcash not have to spend loads to get to it? just wondering

Sorry talking about the combine tools

Taz D
May 14 2017, 09:46 AM
These tools where it says unlock does this mean i can buy the tool even though not got the one before it. I not saved enough farmcash yet, so can jump ahead? pay 50 farmcash not have to spend loads to get to it? just wondering

Sorry talking about the combine tools
Hi Annthewhofan,
No it does not mean you can buy them without buying the one before it. The unlock button will take you back to the the one you need to buy first.

annthewhofan
May 14 2017, 03:45 PM
thanks that handy

ijago
May 15 2017, 09:32 AM
it says 5.on new update we dont need to own harvester/plower to but ex7 i tried to buy them and wouldnt let me said i had to buy 18x18 so i did cost of 60fc before i can buy ex7 i feel im wasting my fc which is hard enough to keep up with

Taz D
May 15 2017, 09:53 AM
it says 5.on new update we dont need to own harvester/plower to but ex7 i tried to buy them and wouldnt let me said i had to buy 18x18 so i did cost of 60fc before i can buy ex7 i feel im wasting my fc which is hard enough to keep up with
Hi ijago,
Did you click on the Unlock button on the EX (7x7) and if so what tool did it take you to? If you were on the Combine Harvesy Plow then it should have taken you back to the Harvester EX (7x7) not the 18x18.

ijago
May 15 2017, 10:09 AM
Hi Taz i clicked on E7x7 and that took me to buy 18x8 so now i got harvester and plower of no use really

Taz D
May 15 2017, 10:17 AM
Hi Taz i clicked on E7x7 and that took me to buy 18x8 so now i got harvester and plower of no use really
Hi ijago,
You clicked on which EX (7x7)? If you clicked on the Harvester EX(7x7) you should have been able to buy that As long as you own the Harvester EX (6x6). If you clicked on the Combine EX (7x7) then it should have taken you back to the Harvester EX (7x7) not the 18x18. If you got to the 18x18 tools then you may have been clicking on the 18x18 Combine instead of the Combine EX (7x7).
We can not do any refunds through the forums, so you will need to contact Support to see if they will give you a refund for the 18x18s that you bought.
To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

RomanticSoul
May 15 2017, 11:08 AM
When will the reduced time on trains be released? takes forever to get them done

Taz D
May 15 2017, 11:22 AM
When will the reduced time on trains be released? takes forever to get them done
Hi RomanticSoul,
Only the developers know and they don't tell us prior to releasing anything. Just have to wait and watch this thread's first post to see when they release that.

Aussie Rae
May 15 2017, 10:20 PM
Hi ijago,
You clicked on which EX (7x7)? If you clicked on the Harvester EX(7x7) you should have been able to buy that As long as you own the Harvester EX (6x6). If you clicked on the Combine EX (7x7) then it should have taken you back to the Harvester EX (7x7) not the 18x18. If you got to the 18x18 tools then you may have been clicking on the 18x18 Combine instead of the Combine EX (7x7).
We can not do any refunds through the forums, so you will need to contact Support to see if they will give you a refund for the 18x18s that you bought.
To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
fyi. I found when I went to purchase the 7x7 Ex Tools that I HAD to purchase the 3 blue 18x18 tools before it allowed me to purchase the ones I really wanted and needed... I did contact Support and they were going to refund the fc for them, after I sold them back, but as I have plenty of fc I decided to keep them anyway, just in case in the future they are needed at some point.. I can understand anyone not wanting to spend that extra 100fc if they cannot afford it..

Taz D
May 16 2017, 08:22 PM
Update from Raul:

- Significantly reduced container preparation times for all ships based on how many total ships you have dispatched in the last 7 days. See more information in the release post above.

- Released an optimization that will cause the game to consume less memory so you will be able to navigate more farms without experiencing Flash crashes. Many more optimizations coming in the next weeks.

mcdaddie
May 16 2017, 08:45 PM
Update from Raul:

I am excited they found something to help with the massive amounts of memory the FarmTown uses. I surely will be testing it out to the max to see how well it works.

Bad news is NOW my wheel does not zoom in full screen mode. It is irritating because since the problem popped up for others a while back I made a decision NOT to upgrade my Chrome and it has worked flawlessly until a few hours ago. It worked fine at noon today. And I REPEAT: I have NOT updated my Chrome. Still the older version.

Taz D
May 16 2017, 08:50 PM
I am excited they found something to help with the massive amounts of memory the FarmTown uses. I surely will be testing it out to the max to see how well it works.

Bad news is NOW my wheel does not zoom in full screen mode. It is irritating because since the problem popped up for others a while back I made a decision NOT to upgrade my Chrome and it has worked flawlessly until a few hours ago. It worked fine at noon today. And I REPEAT: I have NOT updated my Chrome. Still the older version.
Hi mcdaddie,
You do know that Chrome can update itself. Look in your Task Manager and see if "Google Updater" is one of the processes listed.
If it is then Chrome can update automatically.

mcdaddie
May 16 2017, 09:15 PM
Hi mcdaddie,
You do know that Chrome can update itself. Look in your Task Manager and see if "Google Updater" is one of the processes listed.
If it is then Chrome can update automatically.

Yes, thanks so much for your insight

Because of Chrome updates in the past, I turned off auto update on all things on my PC to preserve stability. In fact, I do not allow auto update of the OS either until it has a chance for bugs to be reported or not.

Taz D
May 16 2017, 09:21 PM
Yes, thanks so much for your insight

Because of Chrome updates in the past, I turned off auto update on all things on my PC to preserve stability. In fact, I do not allow auto update of the OS either until it has a chance for bugs to be reported or not.
Hi Mcdaddie,
So do I , but if you go to the About Chrome to see what version you have then it automatically starts updating whether you have the auto update off or not. I found too that my older version also will not zoom in full screen. I don't use Chrome, but have it installed for when I need to check on things or help guide someone through issues.

mcdaddie
May 16 2017, 09:39 PM
Hi Mcdaddie,
So do I , but if you go to the About Chrome to see what version you have then it automatically starts updating whether you have the auto update off or not. I found too that my older version also will not zoom in full screen. I don't use Chrome, but have it installed for when I need to check on things or help guide someone through issues.

Yes Taz, I have been a Chrome user since it first started. I never go to "about Chrome" just because of the auto update". But, for a test, (since it make no diff now) I will go there to see if it updates. Since this happened, I have never believed it had anything to do with Chrome, unless it was an update to Chrome causing it. But now, if my system updates Chrome, I will then go back to my original theory that a change in the game sparked the problem.

Taz D
May 16 2017, 09:45 PM
Yes Taz, I have been a Chrome user since it first started. I never go to "about Chrome" just because of the auto update". But, for a test, (since it make no diff now) I will go there to see if it updates. Since this happened, I have never believed it had anything to do with Chrome, unless it was an update to Chrome causing it. But now, if my system updates Chrome, I will then go back to my original theory that a change in the game sparked the problem.
Hi mcdaddie,
How about it being a problem caused in the Flash Plugin that Chrome uses as it is only affecting the Chrome version of Flash. If the game had cause this then it would be affecting all the browsers.

mcdaddie
May 16 2017, 09:51 PM
Hi mcdaddie,
How about it being a problem caused in the Flash Plugin that Chrome uses as it is only affecting the Chrome version of Flash. If the game had cause this then it would be affecting all the browsers.
Good point, and since the memory enhancements they made was a flash thing, it could very well be the case. I will test that too.

JAS0643
May 16 2017, 10:48 PM

I have 6 ships dispatched and just started the 7th ship but it says I have dispatched no ships lately. Does it not go back and see what we have dispatched in the last 7 days meaning we have to go forward from today and that will count for the number dispatched?

Taz D
May 16 2017, 11:28 PM
I have 6 ships dispatched and just started the 7th ship but it says I have dispatched no ships lately. Does it not go back and see what we have dispatched in the last 7 days meaning we have to go forward from today and that will count for the number dispatched?
Hi JAS,
When you have the question mark open to see how many ships you have dispatched click on the line "What about my most recent dispatches?"

On the next pop up page it says "Please note that only those ships that were dispatched AFTER Wednesday, May 17, 2017 8:00 PM will be shown in this list."

And that I am sure is 8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time as that is the time used for the servers. So it won't actually start until tomorrow evening.

dorissau
May 17 2017, 07:32 AM
When you have the question mark open to see how many ships you have dispatched click on the line "What about my most recent dispatches?"

On the next pop up page it says "Please note that only those ships that were dispatched AFTER Wednesday, May 17, 2017 8:00 PM will be shown in this list."

Probably a terrible dumb question... but ... WHAT "question mark" and where is it?? Can't find any except at top of game and that tells me nothing about ships ???

Farmer_Susan
May 17 2017, 07:52 AM
Soooooo eager to start today's ship to see how many minutes each container takes! Thanks so much!

Also, was super happy to see this:

"- Released an optimization that will cause the game to consume less memory so you will be able to navigate more farms without experiencing Flash crashes. Many more optimizations coming in the next weeks."

YAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!!

AND . . . did you update the Co-op quest button timer? That one was always a bother because it would just say "ready in 1 day" for what seemed like forever - didn't give as much info as some of the other timers. I just checked mine and it said it would be ready in 23 hours and 45 minutes! That's new, right??? Or am I hallucinating again???

Tiger
May 17 2017, 07:55 AM
Soooooo eager to start today's ship to see how many minutes each container takes! Thanks so much!

Also, was super happy to see this:

"- Released an optimization that will cause the game to consume less memory so you will be able to navigate more farms without experiencing Flash crashes. Many more optimizations coming in the next weeks."

YAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!!

AND . . . did you update the Co-op quest button timer? That one was always a bother because it would just say "ready in 1 day" for what seemed like forever - didn't give as much info as some of the other timers. I just checked mine and it said it would be ready in 23 hours and 45 minutes! That's new, right??? Or am I hallucinating again???

Hi Farmer_Susan,

Nothing new in the timings. Once it gets below 1 day it will show hours and minutes.

marymarcel
May 17 2017, 09:17 AM

Probably a terrible dumb question... but ... WHAT "question mark" and where is it?? Can't find any except at top of game and that tells me nothing about ships ???

Hi dorissau :)

While you are preparing a container, next to the time you will see a ? for you to check.

rodneycs
May 17 2017, 09:19 AM
The new ships shortening started at 3 am this morning. I despatched a ship at 5 am but ever since then whenever I open a farm I get a dialogue box saying The Crops, Fruit and flowers is now ready but it has already been despatched. Is this hapening with everyone? The orange ship is now at person 12. I assume this is a glitch and will get fixed eventually.

dorissau
May 17 2017, 09:31 AM

While you are preparing a container, next to the time you will see a ? for you to check.

huh? All that says is : "If you don't dispatch this ship on time, all its preparation will be lost and you will need to start over.".... nothing about how many ships I've dispatched ????

marymarcel
May 17 2017, 09:42 AM
huh? All that says is : "If you don't dispatch this ship on time, all its preparation will be lost and you will need to start over.".... nothing about how many ships I've dispatched ????

When you click in a container to prepear it, you will see a ? icon next to the time it takes for that container to be ready

http://r1.slashkey.com/images/gameguide/Ships/preparing container.PNG

dorissau
May 17 2017, 09:46 AM
OK.. Thank you Mary... sometimes it takes a PICTURE to help us old folks!! Whew.. finally understand! HA :)

marymarcel
May 17 2017, 09:47 AM
OK.. Thank you Mary... sometimes it takes a PICTURE to help us old folks!! Whew.. finally understand! HA :)

You are very welcome dorissau :)

marymarcel
May 17 2017, 10:01 AM
The new ships shortening started at 3 am this morning. I despatched a ship at 5 am but ever since then whenever I open a farm I get a dialogue box saying The Crops, Fruit and flowers is now ready but it has already been despatched. Is this hapening with everyone? The orange ship is now at person 12. I assume this is a glitch and will get fixed eventually.

Hi rodneycs :)

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then reopen your farms and check if you continue receiving the same message.

About the shortened time for containers, please note that it will only apply for those ships that were dispatched AFTER Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:00 PM eastern time.

Farmer_Susan
May 17 2017, 10:31 AM
Hmmm . . . I'm not sure mine is right. I'm pretty sure I dispatched either 6 or 7 ships today so I would think I'd get a pretty significant cut in timing. I just started my yellow ship and the first container is taking 40.5 minutes? A bit of a savings but less than 5 minutes. I thought we would get more?

Taz D
May 17 2017, 10:34 AM
Hmmm . . . I'm not sure mine is right. I'm pretty sure I dispatched either 6 or 7 ships today so I would think I'd get a pretty significant cut in timing. I just started my yellow ship and the first container is taking 40.5 minutes? A bit of a savings but less than 5 minutes. I thought we would get more?
Hi Susan,
Click the check box next to the time in the container you are preparing and it will show how many ships are counted. It did not automatically go back to check previous ships. It only starts today.

Farmer_Susan
May 17 2017, 12:16 PM
Hi Susan,
Click the check box next to the time in the container you are preparing and it will show how many ships are counted. It did not automatically go back to check previous ships. It only starts today.

Still doesn't seem right. I did unload 2 ships this morning so I guess it wouldn't have counted those, but I have 3 out and it only counted one of them?

Oh wait - I just dug a little deeper. It says it's only counting ships that were dispatched AFTER Wed, May 17 at 9PM. But . . . that's in the future - Wed, May 17 is today and I dispatched this ship before noon on Wed May 17. The one ship it's counting was dispatched Tues, May 16 at 11:17PM - which is BEFORE it's saying it's counting them.

Taz D
May 17 2017, 12:21 PM
Still doesn't seem right. I did unload 2 ships this morning so I guess it wouldn't have counted those, but I have 3 out and it only counted one of them?

Oh wait - I just dug a little deeper. It says it's only counting ships that were dispatched AFTER Wed, May 17 at 9PM. But . . . that's in the future - Wed, May 17 is today and I dispatched this ship before noon on Wed May 17. The one ship it's counting was dispatched Tues, May 16 at 11:17PM - which is BEFORE it's saying it's counting them.
Hi Susan,
It may be that Raul changed the time for starting but not the message. However, only ships dispatched after the release was done last night would count. It does not look back beyond that time.

Farmer_Susan
May 17 2017, 12:58 PM
Hi Susan,
It may be that Raul changed the time for starting but not the message. However, only ships dispatched after the release was done last night would count. It does not look back beyond that time.

Ok, thanks.

Rugged Barbie
May 17 2017, 05:07 PM
Sorry, but when going to a neighbor's farm with nothing but trees and crops on it, my screen locks up just like before. This is getting old.
When I reboot, go on my home farm, hide trees and then go back to that farm that locked me up, i can see the crops. However, when I then unhide the trees, my screen locks up again.
Please folks, it does no good for you to post that yours is working fine! Mine is not. :(
Thanks for listening.

Taz D
May 17 2017, 06:15 PM
Sorry, but when going to a neighbor's farm with nothing but trees and crops on it, my screen locks up just like before. This is getting old.
When I reboot, go on my home farm, hide trees and then go back to that farm that locked me up, i can see the crops. However, when I then unhide the trees, my screen locks up again.
Please folks, it does no good for you to post that yours is working fine! Mine is not. :(
Thanks for listening.
Hi Rugged Barbie,
Is this all of your neighbors or 1 specific neighbor? If it is just one particular neighbor they may have layered trees which will cause freezing if there are enough.

Rugged Barbie
May 17 2017, 09:25 PM
Hi Rugged Barbie,
Is this all of your neighbors or 1 specific neighbor? If it is just one particular neighbor they may have layered trees which will cause freezing if there are enough.

Hi, no layered trees.
Asked and verified.

Taz D
May 17 2017, 09:29 PM
Hi, no layered trees.
Asked and verified.
Hi Rugged Barbie,
No layering of trees over crops? If not then I am not sure why, but they must have something on that farm that makes you freeze. And if it is only the one neighbor then there would have to be a problem with their farms and not with your game. Maybe they need to either come to the forums so we can check on it or contact Support about it.

Silly-Billy
May 17 2017, 09:47 PM

The same thing is happening at my Farm. Different Container (last one prepared), but same deal about it saying it is done, with 8 Neighbors already sending it through their port. Not a big deal, but a glitch, just the same.

earlgray
May 17 2017, 11:44 PM
Not sure if this is connected to the recent changes in cargo ships. I bought an orange one today, prepared several containers and dispatched it. However, every time I log in to FT it keeps telling me that the food container has finished its preparation cycle, despite the ship having been dispatched. Any way to stop getting this message?

Taz D
May 18 2017, 12:06 AM

The same thing is happening at my Farm. Different Container (last one prepared), but same deal about it saying it is done, with 8 Neighbors already sending it through their port. Not a big deal, but a glitch, just the same.

Not sure if this is connected to the recent changes in cargo ships. I bought an orange one today, prepared several containers and dispatched it. However, every time I log in to FT it keeps telling me that the food container has finished its preparation cycle, despite the ship having been dispatched. Any way to stop getting this message?
We have confirmed this is happening and the developers have been informed of this problem. We will have to be patient until they find the cause and fix it. It does stop showing that if you have started preparing another ship. Otherwise all you can do is close the pop up as it only shows up once when you open your farms.

Qivis
May 18 2017, 06:00 AM

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then reopen your farms and check if you continue receiving the same message.

About the shortened time for containers, please note that it will only apply for those ships that were dispatched AFTER Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:00 PM eastern time.

Been there. Done that. I still get my blue ship prep notice 18 hours after it dispatch. I've even cleared the Flash Player ("all pages") a couple times and still get it. I figured maybe it would help, but it seems the new features added to the ships still have some kinks.

marymarcel
May 18 2017, 06:15 AM
Been there. Done that. I still get my blue ship prep notice 18 hours after it dispatch. I've even cleared the Flash Player ("all pages") a couple times and still get it. I figured maybe it would help, but it seems the new features added to the ships still have some kinks.

Hi Qivis :)

We emailed the developers about this problem.

Moose Mob
May 18 2017, 08:05 AM
Hi Qivis :)

We emailed the developers about this problem.
Thanks - I also get the message that xxx ship has completed container prep well after the ship has been dispatched.

marymarcel
May 18 2017, 08:08 AM
Thanks - I also get the message that xxx ship has completed container prep well after the ship has been dispatched.

You are welcome Moose Mob :)

Qivis
May 18 2017, 10:58 AM
- The zoom in and out using the mouse wheel is not working on the latest update of the Chrome browser when in full screen mode. It should work when you are not in full screen mode or when you click on the + and - icons in the bottom panel. We hope they fix this issue quickly, as it's also happening on other games in facebook.

This same issue is now effecting the latest version of Opera! Up until today it was not an issue.

Angel7
May 18 2017, 11:53 AM
WOW - 28 minutes to load my ship this morning.....

THANK YOU.....

Angel7
May 18 2017, 02:40 PM
WOW - 28 minutes to load my ship this morning.....

THANK YOU.....

Something is wrong now - I've loaded 5 containers, all of them 28 minutes and now I go in to see how much time is left on #6 which I loaded at least 10 minutes ago (forgot to set my timer) and it has 38 minutes. There must be some glitches left.....

Taz D
May 18 2017, 02:50 PM
Something is wrong now - I've loaded 5 containers, all of them 28 minutes and now I go in to see how much time is left on #6 which I loaded at least 10 minutes ago (forgot to set my timer) and it has 38 minutes. There must be some glitches left.....
Hi Angel,
Raul just released a fix for the container pop up that was showing after a ship was dispatched. It could be that the number of ships you have dispatched since the start of the speed up has been reset or corrected as you should not have been able to do the 28 minute one yet. As you should not have had but maybe 2 ships in the list because that feature was only released 2 days ago.

Taz D
May 18 2017, 02:59 PM
Raul has just added the following:

Post-Release Updates - May 18th, 3:10PM

Bugfix: After loading the game, the container ready notification from a previously dispatched ship was appearing continuously. This should start working correctly once you prepare your next container or dispatch your next ship.

carolinablue
May 18 2017, 03:05 PM
I am having same problem as Angel7 and I have loaded 2 ships in last 2 days

carolinablue
May 18 2017, 03:08 PM
It also says I have not loaded any ships. Something is wrong.

Angel7
May 18 2017, 03:20 PM
Hi Angel,
Raul just released a fix for the container pop up that was showing after a ship was dispatched. It could be that the number of ships you have dispatched since the start of the speed up has been reset or corrected as you should not have been able to do the 28 minute one yet. As you should not have had but maybe 2 ships in the list because that feature was only released 2 days ago.

That's the last time I post something positive out here. If I hadn't said anything, you guys may not have noticed. And I thought it was a nice gesture.....

JudyD1651
May 18 2017, 03:30 PM
I am having the same problem. I started my pink ship's containers this morning, 28 mins. Just now it has changed to 48 mins. I prepare a ship and send out a ship every day.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000262997875&farm_ix=9

Angel7
May 18 2017, 03:37 PM
I don't get it - I am working on the pink ship - Used to be 48 minutes to load each container and now it's 48 minutes to load each container. So, have they cancelled the new time thing altogether ?????

hilda jean ellis
May 18 2017, 03:49 PM
what is happening to farm town.never had any problems loading my farms or super neighbors farms until this last update.never had the red numbers show up either.fix it please

roz1972
May 18 2017, 03:52 PM
just lost the 2 ships i loaded to count towards my reduced time , the third ship was on 35 mins and now has gone back to the original times to load ,

TerriFlynn
May 18 2017, 04:51 PM
The container time for those with dispatched ships in the proper time constraint, have just gone crazy. I started preparing a ship this morning, my time per container was 30.? mins for each of the first 8, and has now gone back to 51 mins for the last 2 containers. Also it is telling me that I have not dispatched any ships in the last 7 days, when in fact, I have dispatched a ship each day since the implementation of the ships!

Fireball
May 18 2017, 04:54 PM
Not only are the ships messed up but opening the message envelope , facilities etc. is like going to the dentist to have a wisdom tooth pulled. Everything is running like molasses.

Taz D
May 18 2017, 04:54 PM
just lost the 2 ships i loaded to count towards my reduced time , the third ship was on 35 mins and now has gone back to the original times to load ,

The container time for those with dispatched ships in the proper time constraint, have just gone crazy. I started preparing a ship this morning, my time per container was 30.? mins for each of the first 8, and has now gone back to 51 mins for the last 2 containers. Also it is telling me that I have not dispatched any ships in the last 7 days, when in fact, I have dispatched a ship each day since the implementation of the ships!

I don't get it - I am working on the pink ship - Used to be 48 minutes to load each container and now it's 48 minutes to load each container. So, have they cancelled the new time thing altogether ?????

I am having the same problem. I started my pink ship's containers this morning, 28 mins. Just now it has changed to 48 mins. I prepare a ship and send out a ship every day.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000262997875&farm_ix=9

I have sent an email to the developers about this. It may just be that to fix the container pop up problem it also reset the dispatched ships number for the shortened time too. We will have to wait and see what the developers can do about this.

jeannine_p
May 18 2017, 05:20 PM
add me to the list too please taz, i sent out a ship this morning, and its not showing that its been dispatched when i click the ? to show how many ships have been dispatched.

L.A.Bob
May 18 2017, 05:49 PM
You can add me to the list of ship problems. I had 2 ships dispatched showing in the record. A container on my 3rd ship loading had 22 minutes to go until the next container could be loaded. I reloaded the game and the 2 previous ships were gone from the record and the time on the container being loaded jumped to to 42 minutes.

beverduster
May 18 2017, 05:55 PM
whats going on with the game this afternoon? slower than molasses at 35 degres below zero with a north cold wind blowing 70 miles an hour

Jean's Farm
May 18 2017, 06:03 PM
whats going on with the game this afternoon? slower than molasses at 35 degres below zero with a north cold wind blowing 70 miles an hour

Same here and I NEVER have trouble!!!

JMHO.....but with the ships and the new tools to help stacked farms could be the problems.

trina531
May 18 2017, 06:12 PM
Issues here too...slow to load, slow when working others facilities, slow to plant, irrigate etc. Time to grease the game. Thank you so much.

WyoSugar
May 18 2017, 06:20 PM

Same here. It was working fine this morning and now it takes forever for the count down to get to zero so I can move to the next farm.

marymarcel
May 18 2017, 06:23 PM

We have just contacted the developers to let them know about the problems with the game.

Thanks to you all for your patience while waiting for their response.

Qivis
May 18 2017, 07:17 PM

We have just contacted the developers to let them know about the problems with the game.

Thanks to you all for your patience while waiting for their response.

Thanks! Their effort is greatly appreciated - especially by those of us who know how unpredictable programming can sometimes be. (Although it's been 30 years since I took a course in Pascal!)

Perico429
May 18 2017, 07:56 PM

--------------------------

I noticed the reduction in processing time, however, after the 6th cargo, the time reverted back to the original processing time. I was working on the pink ship and started the time at 28.5 minutes, now it's back up to the 48 mins processing time. Is this how it is supposed to work. I have cleared memcache with no affect.

Taz D
May 18 2017, 07:58 PM

--------------------------

I noticed the reduction in processing time, however, after the 6th cargo, the time reverted back to the original processing time. I was working on the pink ship and started the time at 28.5 minutes, now it's back up to the 48 mins processing time. Is this how it is supposed to work. I have cleared memcache with no affect.
Hi Perico,
We have contacted the developers about this. Please be patient until they get a chance to look into this.

Cherry's Farm
May 18 2017, 08:27 PM
Re ship containers. As we are in different time zones the reduced time prep for containers may have behaved differently over the last day or so. Yesterday I was on reduced time, today started counting again and back to normal container prep time. We are many hours ahead in NZ so when the timer clicked over on the appointed day it started counting again for us, we just got in a bonus day before the timer clicked over as stated. I think this may answer some of the queries. Thanks for the improvements, looking forward to normal game speed again ;)

beautysmom
May 18 2017, 08:58 PM
Game is excruciatingly slow, and I just started 4th ship, (pink) and instead of showing the reduced time for three loaded since the reduced times started, it is at the full 48 minutes. I mean, seriously, guys--the slow play has been going on for several days, but is now worse than ever, and the ship times aren't working.... I realize that programming can be an imprecise science, but releasing it before it's thoroughly tested?

BTW, my ship released earlier today went faster than this one will, from the looks of it.... Since now the system shows NO SHIPS released in the last 2+days?

Taz D
May 18 2017, 09:04 PM
Game is excruciatingly slow, and I just started 4th ship, (pink) and instead of showing the reduced time for three loaded since the reduced times started, it is at the full 48 minutes. I mean, seriously, guys--the slow play has been going on for several days, but is now worse than ever, and the ship times aren't working.... I realize that programming can be an imprecise science, but releasing it before it's thoroughly tested?

BTW, my ship released earlier today went faster than this one will, from the looks of it.... Since now the system shows NO SHIPS released in the last 2+days?
Hi Beautysmom,
We are aware of the problems with the ships and with the slowness and both problems have been reported to the developers. Please be patient for them to find the problems.

rodneycs
May 18 2017, 09:52 PM

About the shortened time for containers, please note that it will only apply for those ships that were dispatched AFTER Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:00 PM

eastern time.

Allday yesterday had the same problem with the second despatched ship and now this morning after waiting the 24 hrs come to load the 3rd ship and it says I have despatched no ships and so no reduction. What's up?

Taz D
May 18 2017, 10:07 PM
Allday yesterday had the same problem with the second despatched ship and now this morning after waiting the 24 hrs come to load the 3rd ship and it says I have despatched no ships and so no reduction. What's up?
Hi rodneycs,
We are aware of the problems with the ships and with the slowness and both problems have been reported to the developers. Please be patient for them to find the problems.

dofford
May 18 2017, 10:20 PM
After the last correction to the ships, it erased the record of dispatched ships or at least after dispatching a ship this morning and yesterday morning, I didn't get any credit for them and have full loading time for this ship.

Taz D
May 18 2017, 10:22 PM
After the last correction to the ships, it erased the record of dispatched ships or at least after dispatching a ship this morning and yesterday morning, I didn't get any credit for them and have full loading time for this ship.
Hi dofford,
We are aware of the problems with the ships and the problems have been reported to the developers. Please be patient for them to find the problems.

Taz D
May 18 2017, 11:14 PM
Raul has just posted this about the problems today:

Post-Release Updates - May 18th, 11:30PM

- We had severe server emergencies in the afternoon, everything should be back to normal now.

- It's possible that the issue with the containers time to be reset back to the original times because the ship dispatch history was lost for the past 2 days may have been related to the server issue above but we are not sure of this. If you dispatched a ship again after May 18, 11:30 PM, and suddenly this ship dispatch date disappear from the dispatch date list, please report it on this thread.

beverduster
May 18 2017, 11:16 PM
the game is running like a singer sewing machine down here on the mexican border

dofford
May 18 2017, 11:49 PM
Hi dofford,
We are aware of the problems with the ships and the problems have been reported to the developers. Please be patient for them to find the problems.

The history is back and the reduced time is also back. Thanks for taking time to answer my post. I was patient and went on and loaded 2 containers. My note was just to flag a problem.

You guts do a good job. Keep it up. It is much appreciated.

Dale O.

elkins20
May 19 2017, 02:48 PM
Well, my dispatched cargo ships now again lists ships that was dispatched on May 16th & May 17th. But, is missing the ships dispatched on May 18th????? What is up with not having the ships that was dispatched on May 15th??????