PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- June 30th, 2017

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Jun 30 2017, 12:55 AM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on July 25th, 5:00PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: EN ESPAÑOL AQUI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630094)

1. An 'Unfinished House' building and associated decorations: This is a plain house without any exterior decorations so you can add your own. The house and the 15 decorations for it are located in page 11 of the 'Other' category in the Store. Each page in the store contains 8 items.

2. Farm 33: See prices below:

12x12 - 17000000000 coins or 50 FarmCash (New Farm)
14x14 - 17500000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
16x16 - 18000000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
18x18 - 18500000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
20x20 - 19000000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
22x22 - 19500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash

3. Performance Optimizations, most of them released last week:

a) Overall faster and better handling of the farm, like dragging the farm, etc, this applies to any farm, decorative or work farms

b) Highlight frustrations and inaccuracies has always been present in the game, the highlighting experience should be much better now, there should be no more circling the mouse over an item trying to highlight it, it should work well with smaller, bigger and with ground items like patches. Also, items are highlighted much faster when you mouse over them.

c) Load time improvements for working farms containing different type of items. Farms with several sections of different trees planted should load faster now, including those with a layer of crops at the bottom. We have tested with 32 farms from a moderator and we were able to navigate all of them combined in almost half the time, notice that the gains are more visible in working farms with trees, crops, etc.

d) Improved performance for non-extended mode tools. They should work faster and if you tend to click very fast while farming, you will experience less "missed" spots.

e) Continued reducing memory consumption

Note: We have tested farms with a size of 50x50, fully planted with trees, using an 8 years old computer with 4 GB of memory and a good internet connection, and the experience has been very positive.

4. Tree Shaker 32 x 32 (FC): This new Tree Shaker harvest up to 1024 trees in one click.

5. Flower Harvester 32 x 32 (FC): This new Flower Harvester harvest up to 1024 flowers in one click.

6. Other Improvements:

a) New 'Show Ships' preference
b) Bugfix: Incorrect number of 'pending allowed port replacement' shown in the Ship Manager
c) When using the extended mode tools, as you move the yellow frame, the name of the item planted in the top inside part of the yellow frame will be displayed, *not* the name of the item planted under the cursor. This may seem inaccurate, however we did it like that so we didn't degrade the performance of these tools but you still can have a general idea of what type of items are planted in the farm.

7. Local Facility Chains: This is a functionality that will be released in the next few months, we should have the first part ready for the next release, here are some of the rules so far although some of these may change:

a) A user will be able to create chains with its own facilities by combining multiple facilities of the same type. This feature is not related to the Neighborhood Chains Context.
b) Every certain amount of weeks a user can select 2 facility candidates to convert into chains
c) Only one can be a coin facility
d) One must be a factory and the other one must be a service facility
e) Assuming facility X and Y are paired (output of X is the input of Y, for example the Medical Supplies Factory and the Hospital Service Facility) you cannot have chains of both of them, you will have to decide which one, the factory or the service you want to upgrade into a chain
f) For a facility candidate to earn the chain status, you will have to reach the Dan 7 on each of its products. Dan 7 could only be reached for products produced in facilities that are candidates to be converted into chains.
g) A chain should have at least 2 facilities and a maximum of 3 facilities. A chain with 3 facilities will provide more benefits than a chain of 2 facilities.
h) Chains of factories will provide increased product output. Chains of service facilities will provide increased profits.
i) A factory chain will produce 2 different types of product quality: standard quality, and a new premium or export quality products to be stored in a separate dedicated storage, for example, Surgical Gloves and Premium Surgical Gloves, the product types and images are all the same, there will just be 2 different quality versions of each product produced in a chain.
j) Premium products cannot be consumed by your own service facilities, you can sell them in the market for increased profits or you can trade them with your friends through partnerships
k) For example, if you own a chain of Medical Supplies Factories, you can enter into a partnership with one of your neighbours that have a chain of Hospitals and all your premium products produced by your Medical Supplies Factory chain will be automatically consumed by your partner in his/her chains of Hospitals, generating even more profits for both of you.

8. Added Graphite Ore and Chromite Ore to the Quarry Train Car and to the Ore, Rocks and Minerals Ship Container.

9. Moroccan Restaurant (FC): Produces Moroccan Food.

Chicken Pastilla
Zaalouk Salad
Harira Soup
Lamb Tagine
Kefta Tagine
Couscous 7 Veggies
Chermoula Mackerel
Chebakia

10. Photography Studio (FC): Provides Photography Services and can be stocked with products from the Photography Supplies Factory.

11. Locksmith Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Locksmith Supplies.

Lock Pick Gun
Barrel Bolt
Deadbolt
Pinning Tray
Practice Lock Station
Car Door Wedge
Blank Car Key
Key Cutting Machine

12. Locksmith Shop (Coins): Provides Locksmith Services and can be stocked with products from the Locksmith Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - June 30th, 5:00PM

- We reverted back the change about the 'Show Decorations' preference hiding all the paths in the farm, in the future we will create a separate 'Show Paths' option for this.

Post-Release Updates - July 3rd, 8:40PM

- We replaced the 3 doors for the Unfinished House, so they are elevated like the windows and will stay in place when placed in front of the house, independent of the house orientation.

Note: The original doors are not available anymore in the Store to avoid confusion, so if you want to preserve the original doors you have in your farm, add them to your storage instead of deleting them.

Post-Release Updates - July 11th, 4:10AM

- Released the Locksmith Supplies Factory and Locksmith Shop facilities.

Post-Release Updates - July 12th, 6:10PM

- We released a change an hour ago to comply with some mandatory changes required by Facebook in relation to posting to user walls. We just discovered that this change had a bug and will cause the wall posts made during this time to not appear correctly in the Farmtown Wall Request section, you can still click the link but the images and text may be missing.

This bug is now fixed and posts made moving forward should look as usual.

Post-Release Updates - July 20th, 12:30AM

- Facebook just fixed the bug related to posting to facebook walls.

Post-Release Updates - July 24th, 6:00PM

- Released another batch of optimizations and improvements including:

a) Farms with lots of water items load and operate much faster, even when overlapped

b) Farms full of plow fields or harvested fields load faster, even when overlapped

c) Decreased farm blinking when farming very quickly. When clicking and moving the mouse quickly while farming, sometimes the game detected those actions as dragging. We made some adjustments to minimize those accidental dragging operations. This also caused a noticeably increase in speed when farming.

d) This was an old bug, sometimes when you reloaded or navigated to a farm, the new farm appeared shifted to the top, and then finally moved down, causing a weird visual effect.

e) BugFix: Sometimes the single harvest tool was not working correctly when a tree or flower was planted on top of a crop field.

f) Improved farm dragging operation on big farms with lot of items, sometimes when you were dragging quickly, the farm didn't move as much as it was supposed to and you were forced to do multiple drag attempts.

Post-Release Updates - July 25th, 5:00PM

- BugFix: Items on the top sides of the farm sometimes appeared chopped off.

Known Issues:

- None

JAS0643
Jun 30 2017, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the update.

Taz D
Jun 30 2017, 01:00 AM
Thanks Raul!

Rob T
Jun 30 2017, 01:14 AM
Thanks Raul :)

barbaraelwart
Jun 30 2017, 02:13 AM
Good Morning from the UK. Thanks for the update, so far I have bought the two new facilities and Farm 33 ! Waiting patiently to find out what else is new :)

Aussie Rae
Jun 30 2017, 02:22 AM
two new tools, 2 new facilities, new farm, ty ty ty

maggiel29
Jun 30 2017, 03:04 AM
Thanks Raul :)

Lee Ann
Jun 30 2017, 04:27 AM
Thanks Raul and team !

Alexandra_J
Jun 30 2017, 04:47 AM
The full update isn't showing me anything yet. All I see though is that we have a Moroccan Restaurant, Farm 33 and apparently we have new tools???

Aussie Rae
Jun 30 2017, 05:03 AM
The full update isn't showing me anything yet. All I see though is that we have a Moroccan Restaurant, Farm 33 and apparently we have new tools???

Moroccan Restaurant (Production), Photography Studio (Service), 32x32 Flower Harvester, 32x32 Tree Shaker, Farm 33, Option in Preferences to show or hide ships..

Alexandra_J
Jun 30 2017, 05:12 AM
Moroccan Restaurant (Production), Photography Studio (Service), 32x32 Flower Harvester, 32x32 Tree Shaker, Farm 33, Option in Preferences to show or hide ships..

thanks Aussie Rae it has come up now

JohnAlbertini
Jun 30 2017, 07:08 AM
No FC? Come on guys, throw us maxed out long timers a bone!

marymarcel
Jun 30 2017, 07:45 AM
Thanks so much Raul :)

Tiger
Jun 30 2017, 08:10 AM
Thanks Raul and development team :D

TerriFlynn
Jun 30 2017, 08:16 AM
Thank you Raul and team! Anxious to see how the Chains will work out.

mcdaddie
Jun 30 2017, 08:18 AM
Thank you , Thank you , Thank you for adding Graphite and Chromite ores to the trains and ships. Needed that a lot. And of course thanks for the newer larger tools as everyone knows I am a tool-a-holic. The new farm 33 was the biggest surprise but am so glad we got it. Always need a new place to dig new mines. And last of all, thanks so much for the subtle indication of what is planted on my superneighbor's farms. It has already saved me time and clicks per farm. Great upgrade, and looking forward to the new coin facilities later on. Thanks for all that you do Raul and development team.

Farmer_Susan
Jun 30 2017, 08:31 AM
So happy to see a new farm! Every time we finish a "group", I always get worried that maybe we won't get more. BRAVO! Also ALWAYS happy to see bigger tools AND a new quest in the future. This is the BEST GAME ANYWHERE HANDS DOWN!

I have noticed an issue: I bought a set of animal buildings for my new farm. I went to my storage and added animals to the buildings - hens, turkeys, cows and goats all loaded just fine. However, sheep and rabbits aren't showing up. I had 5 sheep in storage and bought around 180 more but the "Show animals" thing doesn't show them. Same for white rabbits. I didn't have any in storage but I bought some and they're not showing up. I've cleared cache and memcache, left my farm and come back, etc.

Learned a little more. The problem may be with the "Add animals in bulk" tool. I just tried adding some sheep, llamas and rabbits one at a time and those are showing up - still not the added in bulk, though.

dirtracer2b
Jun 30 2017, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the update!!!

But I have a problem. After the update I have seem to have lost alot of stored crops. I have lost around 25 different crops that I had stored. They were there yesterday, but today they are gone.

Some of these crops I had over a million of each stored.

I tried to compile a list of the ones missing, but it seems just about everything is gone.

Not sure what has happened.

Anybody else have this issue with the new release??

Thanks
Greg

JoSinger
Jun 30 2017, 09:00 AM
Don't like the new "hide decorations" at all. I don't want all of my decorations to be hidden. I may be working on tracks or paths and don't want all my fences, people, etc showing so I can concentrate on what I am working on. Please go back to the old way of hiding decorations- leaving paths, and tracks back visible. Thank you so much.

Farmer_Susan
Jun 30 2017, 09:07 AM
Question about the Unfinished House. That sounds very cool but I'm having trouble finding what goes with it. If I search for it - or sort alphabetically, there aren't any "items beneath it".

Tiger
Jun 30 2017, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the update!!!

But I have a problem. After the update I have seem to have lost alot of stored crops. I have lost around 25 different crops that I had stored. They were there yesterday, but today they are gone.

Some of these crops I had over a million of each stored.

I tried to compile a list of the ones missing, but it seems just about everything is gone.

Not sure what has happened.

Anybody else have this issue with the new release??

Thanks
Greg

Hi Greg,

If you haven't already tried this please try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload. It might not return the missing crops but should prevent further loss.

If they are still missing after that then please contact support and see what they say.

Tiger
Jun 30 2017, 09:25 AM
Question about the Unfinished House. That sounds very cool but I'm having trouble finding what goes with it. If I search for it - or sort alphabetically, there aren't any "items beneath it".

Hi Susan,

Don't do a manual search for them. The house and the 15 decorations for it are located in page 11 of the 'Other' category in the Store. So open the Other section of the store with it set to level and scroll down about 11 pages. The house is listed first and the decorative items are next.

bjyhey3
Jun 30 2017, 09:29 AM
Thank you all! Nice update

Farmer_Susan
Jun 30 2017, 09:33 AM
Hi Susan,

Don't do a manual search for them. The house and the 15 decorations for it are located in page 11 of the 'Other' category in the Store. So open the Other section of the store with it set to level and scroll down about 11 pages. The house is listed first and the decorative items are next.

Ok, thanks.

Farmer_Susan
Jun 30 2017, 10:02 AM
Found another issue. On our walls, the Farmer's name is omitted. So, for example, it just says:

": I would like to hire you to work in my facilities in FarmTown!" - but we don't know whose farm it is unless we happen to recognize their icon.

Texas Belle
Jun 30 2017, 10:07 AM
Thanks Raul & Co., good release, even though my little "ole" head cannot process all that about the chains until i put it to work, but it sounds good.. best part another farm and that we may be able to extend to 50x50.. yayyy...

Thank you guys, like always you rock...

EireneM
Jun 30 2017, 10:17 AM
Many thanks Raul love new stuff ;-) xx

Angel7
Jun 30 2017, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the new stuff, however, I do have to agree that the trains look ridiculous there without the tracks and viewing all decorations just to see them doesn't work at all - don't like the new settings for showing/hiding decorations - train tracks and paths should not be included OR come up with a completely separate category. BTW If you are going to keep it this way, please hide everything except crops if we have unchecked everything. Right now, I can still see all animals and non functioning trains which most are all decorations (some of the animals are harvested).

Farmer_Susan
Jun 30 2017, 10:52 AM
Found another issue. On our walls, the Farmer's name is omitted. So, for example, it just says:

": I would like to hire you to work in my facilities in FarmTown!" - but we don't know whose farm it is unless we happen to recognize their icon.

This is ok now - not sure if it was just a slow load or what.

MOM GLENDA
Jun 30 2017, 11:17 AM
thanks for the update happy about the new farm.do not understand the facility chain read it 3 times still do not understand how to do it .will we have to move the facilitys off the farm they on now to make a chain .just not understanding how to do this

Taz D
Jun 30 2017, 11:19 AM
thanks for the update happy about the new farm.do not understand the facility chain read it 3 times still do not understand how to do it .will we have to move the facilitys off the farm they on now to make a chain .just not understanding how to do this
Hi Mom Glenda,
It has not been implemented yet, so I am sure more instruction will come later when they start adding it in. Just be patient and wait until they do.

gffarmer
Jun 30 2017, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the great update!

winna_linna
Jun 30 2017, 01:27 PM
How do you scroll down 11 pages? (for the unfinished house and the stuff to go with it?) Truly have no idea how you figure there are pages. Nothing like that shows on my OTHER.

Farmer_Susan
Jun 30 2017, 01:30 PM
I have noticed an issue: I bought a set of animal buildings for my new farm. I went to my storage and added animals to the buildings - hens, turkeys, cows and goats all loaded just fine. However, sheep and rabbits aren't showing up. I had 5 sheep in storage and bought around 180 more but the "Show animals" thing doesn't show them. Same for white rabbits. I didn't have any in storage but I bought some and they're not showing up. I've cleared cache and memcache, left my farm and come back, etc.

Learned a little more. The problem may be with the "Add animals in bulk" tool. I just tried adding some sheep, llamas and rabbits one at a time and those are showing up - still not the added in bulk, though.

Turns out this issue is user error. I had used the "Add to storage in bulk" tool and yep! There the animals were in storage waiting for me to put them in their sheds.

So sorry!

InePine
Jun 30 2017, 01:40 PM
Not sure if this is related to todays update or if this is an old problem, but Im kind of out of the loop since I started playing again after a 2 year break. Anyway, today I have problems harvesting trees on a multiples job (harvest+plow+trees) - some of of the fields seem to have been deleted when I load the farm, they were planted earlier today, also some trees dissapear from the farm so I cant get bonus because I cant harvest them. If i hide trees in options, then turn the show trees option back on, I can see them briefly and then they dissapear again. Not happened before today since I came back to the game about 3 weeks ago...

marymarcel
Jun 30 2017, 01:43 PM
How do you scroll down 11 pages? (for the unfinished house and the stuff to go with it?) Truly have no idea how you figure there are pages. Nothing like that shows on my OTHER.

Hi winna_linna :)

When you click in Other tab and you want to scroll down, you click in the bar on the right side and it moves down to show you 8 items. Every time you click, then 8 items are showed up, and they are considered as 1 page.

mrsdont
Jun 30 2017, 01:49 PM
think i am going to need a brain degree to work out how to do the new facility chains. I like simple things LOL thanks for the update

marymarcel
Jun 30 2017, 02:02 PM
Not sure if this is related to todays update or if this is an old problem, but Im kind of out of the loop since I started playing again after a 2 year break. Anyway, today I have problems harvesting trees on a multiples job (harvest+plow+trees) - some of of the fields seem to have been deleted when I load the farm, they were planted earlier today, also some trees dissapear from the farm so I cant get bonus because I cant harvest them. If i hide trees in options, then turn the show trees option back on, I can see them briefly and then they dissapear again. Not happened before today since I came back to the game about 3 weeks ago...

Hi InePine :)

Welcome back to the game.

Is this happening in your own farms or when you are hired? which browser are you using and did you try another browser to check if you have the same problems?

Please Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm. Then reopen your farm.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

Also, clear your browser cache, you have instruction for some of them in the following thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

Please take in mind, that after clearing your browser cache, the game will load a little slower as all graphics need to be loaded again.

Shellgirlmtl
Jun 30 2017, 03:00 PM
Thank you for yet another Great Update Raul & Team... I love all the new features, bigger tools, new farm etc... except including the 'paths' in 'Show Decorations'... I was in the middle of revamping my Farm 7 expansion to 44x44 when we got the update and now that the paths are included when I turn off Show Decorations I find it difficult to follow my design... when I turn them back on obviously I have all kinds of decorations that are in the way, makes it difficult (too many items fall in the Decoration Category)... Is there anyway we could have a choice whether we want to include paths or not.... ex when we click on Show Decorations to turn off, maybe we can have a drop down menu to give us a choice to include paths or not... would be greatly appreciated if you consider this... I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way...

Looking forward to one day expanding our farms to 50x50 and curious about this new facility chain... don't quite understand how it will work but nevertheless, I am ready for it...

Thank you again for a Great Update and please see if something can be done about the paths... FarmTown ROCKS!!!... :D

Dutch85
Jun 30 2017, 04:32 PM
Thank you Raul for another awesome release! I never get tired of new things for FT.

Shellgirlmtl
Jun 30 2017, 04:52 PM
Thank you Raul...

Post-Release Updates - June 30th, 5:00PM

- We reverted back the change about the 'Show Decorations' preference hiding all the paths in the farm, in the future we will create a separate 'Show Paths' option for this.

You're the Best!!!...

Orx
Jun 30 2017, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the update and all the new things. It is great now to see what crop you are harvesting. Look forward to finding out more about how the facilities chains.

mrschar
Jun 30 2017, 05:04 PM

Susan, you just have to keep scrolling down in the "Other" store until you find it and then right after it you'll see windows, doors, lights that you can put with it. I would like know how they know it's page 11, because I can't see any page numbers.

mrschar
Jun 30 2017, 05:08 PM
I love the concept of designing the Unfinished House, and I found the house and items after it. But I do not understand 'Each page in the store contains 8 items." Does this mean that if I go to other stores like Fun, Farm Deco, People, and scroll down, we will see other items that we can use with it? I am totally confused.I have no idea what to look for or where to look. It's like a puzzle.

mindyj5
Jun 30 2017, 05:12 PM
Since this happened at the same time as the release, maybe it's related. I tried to work my friend's facs and clients, it says it is reserved for friends only. We are friends and neighbors. Is there something she can try to fix this?

Tiger
Jun 30 2017, 05:13 PM
I love the concept of designing the Unfinished House, and I found the house and items after it. But I do not understand 'Each page in the store contains 8 items." Does this mean that if I go to other stores like Fun, Farm Deco, People, and scroll down, we will see other items that we can use with it? I am totally confused.I have no idea what to look for or where to look. It's like a puzzle.

Hi mrschar,

When you open any section of the store, you can immediately see 8 items in total in view. Those 8 items are one "page". If you click the scroll bar to the right it will scroll down to the next 8 items, which is the next "page".

The 15 decorations for the house are the ones showing right after the house. All in the "Other" section, no where else.

Docperk
Jun 30 2017, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the update.

Tiger
Jun 30 2017, 05:17 PM
Since this happened at the same time as the release, maybe it's related. I tried to work my friend's facs and clients, it says it is reserved for friends only. We are friends and neighbors. Is there something she can try to fix this?

Hi mindyj5,

Please double check that you are still friends on Facebook.

If you are still friends after checking please also try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try thier facility work requests again.

mindyj5
Jun 30 2017, 05:22 PM
Yeah, we did that this morning. We are friends, we both cleared cache. Now she said none of her friends can work her facs.

Tiger
Jun 30 2017, 05:26 PM
Yeah, we did that this morning. We are friends, we both cleared cache. Now she said none of her friends can work her facs.

Hi mindyj5,

Any chance she can log onto the forum and post herself so we can work with her? Does she see friends in places like the neighbours tab, for gifting and train boosting?

RoseArienh
Jun 30 2017, 05:41 PM
I love it when I'm oblivious and not even waiting for an update. The unfinished house looks like fun! Thanks once again for a wonderful game.

mindyj5
Jun 30 2017, 05:43 PM
Hi mindyj5,

Any chance she can log onto the forum and post herself so we can work with her? Does she see friends in places like the neighbours tab, for gifting and train boosting?

Yeah, she has to be walked through it which is why I posted for her. It will be later on as she can't right now. Thanks!

Dulcinea
Jun 30 2017, 06:00 PM
b) Highlight frustrations and inaccuracies has always been present in the game, the highlighting experience should be much better now, there should be no more circling the mouse over an item trying to highlight it, it should work well with smaller, bigger and with ground items like patches. Also, items are highlighted much faster when you mouse over them.

Thank you! I tried it on my farms with trees along the edges. Those have always been the hardest to get, and I had no trouble with them whatsoever. :)

7. Local Facility Chains: This is a functionality that will be released in the next few months, we should have the first part ready for the next release, here are some of the rules so far although some of these may change...

We'll have to wait till the release before we judge, but that seriously sounds like more trouble than it'd be worth for me.

Good to know we'll finally have a way to hide paths. :)

Momma Woods
Jun 30 2017, 06:03 PM
I am disappointed that the Unfinished House is a decoration. I would like for mine to show all the time. Also I can't get but one door to show on the house where I want to put them. Boo Hoo

LizaLee
Jun 30 2017, 06:53 PM
Thank you for the updates:)

mastermouse
Jun 30 2017, 06:59 PM
the unfinished house is a cute idea but the decorations don't all stay on the house...they hide behind the house. I have put mine in storage for now and planted crops in the space

ps. thanks for the new farm!

Snookie Sue
Jun 30 2017, 07:19 PM
I have been noticing and appreciating the much faster harvest/ plow/ sow aspect of your recent work on the game. Loving it. Many thanks guys.

guess who
Jun 30 2017, 08:41 PM
The unfinished house only showed in others after I typed it in search. but none of the 15 associated decorations are showing. And do not know what to look for.

Taz D
Jun 30 2017, 08:48 PM
The unfinished house only showed in others after I typed it in search. but none of the 15 associated decorations are showing. And do not know what to look for.
Hi guess who,
Instead of doing the search open the Other section of the store then click 10 times in the scroll bar. that will get you to the house and all the associated decorations are listed after it.

Aussie Rae
Jun 30 2017, 10:54 PM
I am experiencing problems with ft saving at the moment, was hired to work from market, to do trees, flowers and waters, now the game is stuck in saving mode, with the numbers growing, from 1 to now 10 in red, numbers are increasing all the time.......the game plug is flashing from online to offline, loading farm bar at the moment, the bonus I finally got, but now the screen is completely green.. so I cannot let the farmer who hired me know what has happened.. this is the first time this has happened to me, Windows 10, Google Chrome, intel core i7 computer, 8GB RAM, :(

Taz D
Jun 30 2017, 11:08 PM
I am experiencing problems with ft saving at the moment, was hired to work from market, to do trees, flowers and waters, now the game is stuck in saving mode, with the numbers growing, from 1 to now 10 in red, numbers are increasing all the time.......the game plug is flashing from online to offline, loading farm bar at the moment, the bonus I finally got, but now the screen is completely green.. so I cannot let the farmer who hired me know what has happened.. this is the first time this has happened to me, Windows 10, Google Chrome, intel core i7 computer, 8GB RAM, :(
Hi Aussie Rae,
The only thing I can suggest is to try all the suggestions in the first post of the following link including the links in that post:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

Aussie Rae
Jun 30 2017, 11:44 PM
Hi Aussie Rae,
The only thing I can suggest is to try all the suggestions in the first post of the following link including the links in that post:

luckily the message I sent him got through, he messaged back and said he had lost power.. but that should have no affect on my end of the game.. I did get the bonus for that farm, but he will have to hire someone to finish the rest of them.. I have done a few jobs for other farmers since reloading the game and had no further problems, must have been a glitch... not to worry.. stuff happens as they say, :)

Taz D
Jun 30 2017, 11:46 PM
luckily the message I sent him got through, he messaged back and said he had lost power.. but that should have no affect on my end of the game.. I did get the bonus for that farm, but he will have to hire someone to finish the rest of them.. I have done a few jobs for other farmers since reloading the game and had no further problems, must have been a glitch... not to worry.. stuff happens as they say, :)
Hi Aussie Rae,
His losing power would have no effect on you as you are playing through the server, not his computer.

ccheney
Jun 30 2017, 11:47 PM
I'm working with the unfinished house. I have windows on but the doors no matter where you try to put them disappear right through the house.

Taz D
Jul 01 2017, 12:05 AM
I'm working with the unfinished house. I have windows on but the doors no matter where you try to put them disappear right through the house.
Hi ccheney,
Just like any of the decorations you have to play with it to get them in the right location so they will stay visible.

ccheney
Jul 01 2017, 12:18 AM
I had to keep moving the house until I got it to where the decorations will show. What good is it if I can only put the house in spot on a farm?
]
\

\

TribalCat
Jul 01 2017, 06:11 AM
I bought two of the unfinished houses, one facing right and the other facing left. I'm able to add the doors and windows and light fixtures to the one facing right, but when I try to add the door (any of the doors) to the house facing left, the door ends up underneath the house. The windows are working fine.

JoSinger
Jul 01 2017, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the Hide Decorations fix:) VERY MUCH APPRECIATED:)

RoseArienh
Jul 01 2017, 08:20 AM
Oh my - had no trouble adding doors and windows to the house. And then I decided to rotate the house to add to the other side. Guess I'd better decide where the house's "forever" place should be first.

Not my ideal, but I do have to laugh at what must have been the expression on my face.

mastermouse
Jul 01 2017, 08:59 AM

I had the same issue..finally gave up..you could get the door on and the window disappeared...started over and got the windows on and the door disappeared..
not worth the hassle

knolan
Jul 01 2017, 09:28 AM
Why don't you put the new items at the beginning or the end of the sections in the store? I am still unfamiliar with many items in the 'Other', 'Farm Decor' and some of the other categories because I don't have time to go thru the entire section page by page. New items should be easy to find, so that each time I want to look for anything newer, I will know to look at the beginning or the end of the sections. How many items are in the 'Other' or 'Farm Decor' sections? I have a feeling I'm not the only one that feels that way. There are too many items in those categories & somehow they should be broken down even more.

Angel7
Jul 01 2017, 11:41 AM
THANK YOU so much for changing back the train tracks - you guys ROCK.....

bgfarmer
Jul 01 2017, 04:16 PM
I am interested in doing the new chain as stated in the recent update. However, I really did not understand how it works. :confused: Hopeing someone can explain it to me and/or be team player with me.

Taz D
Jul 01 2017, 04:24 PM
I am interested in doing the new chain as stated in the recent update. However, I really did not understand how it works. :confused: Hopeing someone can explain it to me and/or be team player with me.
Hi bgfarmer,
It hasn't been released yet and won't be for a few months. We will have to wait for the developers to explain more and release it.

Jan Edwards
Jul 01 2017, 06:09 PM
Designing your own house still has bugs, one direction door/window goes behind the house.

knolan
Jul 01 2017, 06:14 PM
I had the same issue..finally gave up..you could get the door on and the window disappeared...started over and got the windows on and the door disappeared..
not worth the hassle

My door did not disappear. I put it in the center of the house. The house was facing with the front door facing the right side of the farm. Was your house facing toward the left side?

knolan
Jul 01 2017, 06:17 PM
Thank you for adding the crop info while we're using the new harvest/plow/sow (faster technique). Thank you so very very much, I needed that desperately, I will now be able to get my Quest crops done faster. Great Job guys!!

Auntie Al
Jul 01 2017, 09:07 PM
Bought the new blank house and the blue door disappeared behind it when I tried to place it. Farm 18.

Taz D
Jul 01 2017, 09:13 PM
Bought the new blank house and the blue door disappeared behind it when I tried to place it. Farm 18.
Hi Auntie Al,
Only thing you can do is just move around until you can find the right way for it to stay where you want it. It is the same as all the decorations in that way.

jm3810@msn.com
Jul 01 2017, 10:33 PM
Have not been able to empty my gift box since up-date, therefore can not accept any of the gifts I have waiting. It looks like it empties but next move tells me gift box is full and i need to empty it

Taz D
Jul 01 2017, 10:38 PM
Have not been able to empty my gift box since up-date, therefore can not accept any of the gifts I have waiting. It looks like it empties but next move tells me gift box is full and i need to empty it
Hi jm,
I checked your data and you don't have anything in your giftbox. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and check again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

jm3810@msn.com
Jul 01 2017, 10:47 PM
Thank you that worked

PearBear
Jul 02 2017, 10:58 AM
FT TEAM: Thank you for improving the highlighting but I think you went over board. Now its very touchy and jumps around on the items I am trying to harvest and makes it difficult to do the job. I have the most difficulty harvesting crops trees and the flowers. (fishing is perfect no problems there). I may be the only one to complain but I thought Id try anyway. :(

MadamePondarosa
Jul 02 2017, 12:33 PM
Great with design opportunity on a house, though it wasnt a nice building;) Changing color should be a minimum.

Putting on decorations does not work, several struggling with the same.
This is an actually an old problem.., which I have complained about several years! Seems there is some programming "rule", which item should be the "dominant" on top. And there is no concistency on categories. For now, we just pick a lottery ticket and see if it works or not ;D variates from where on the farm you place the item, and which direction.

An empty building like this, is no-ones use before such bugs are fixed!

Narrow rivers can't have a home-made bridge on top of it.
And the worst is that paths go on top of all train bridges :( Which means desigining a river or path below a train bridge is impossible. I hope the devs soon prioritize such issues. I imagine its not really that complicated...just not high prio. If the devs want an e-mail of large problem items, call me :)

Angel7
Jul 02 2017, 01:49 PM
Thank you for changing back the trains but I still have an issue. If I have trains on farms with all crops too, the train tracks are only visible if I hide the crops, but the trains and bridges are visible all the time which is strange looking (see my farm #11). They used to be visible all the time unless I was planting, which was good. Please change it back so that train tracks are visible all the time so that trains will always have something to sit on.

Texas Star
Jul 02 2017, 01:50 PM
"Post-Release Updates - June 28nd, 12:00PM
- We opened this thread because we had to release some internal changes in preparation for the release tomorrow, if you experience any bugs or unexpected behavior please post it on this thread."

Twice since these changes I have lost a square of leeks that were planted on my farm 1. It is a 25x25 area plowed 3x so total of 75 leeks. The area is blank as if never plowed. The first time it happened I reloaded farmtown, then cleared the Memcache but nothing helped so I replowed the area. The leeks were there about 8 am cst today but when I looked about 1:00 pm they were gone again. I cleared the memecache and cleared the browser data, then reloaded the farm and still the leeks are going and there are no plowed nor harvested fields there. The other crops/fields on that farm are still there. This is the same exact location that disappeared before. There are no flowers nor trees planted in this area.

So far I have not had any problem with other crops or farms.

Tiger
Jul 02 2017, 01:59 PM
"Post-Release Updates - June 28nd, 12:00PM

- We opened this thread because we had to release some internal changes in preparation for the release tomorrow, if you experience any bugs or unexpected behavior please post it on this thread."

Twice since these changes I have lost a square of leeks that were planted on my farm 1. It is a 25x25 area plowed 3x so total of 75 leeks. The area is blank as if never plowed. The first time it happened I reloaded farmtown, then cleared the Memcache but nothing helped so I replowed the area. The leeks were there about 8 am cst today but when I looked about 1:00 pm they were gone again. All of the other crops/fields are still there. This is the same exact location that disappeared before. There are no flowers nor trees planted in this area. So far I have not had any problem with other crops or farms.

Hi Texas Star,

This doesn't sound like something to do with the release.
It sounds like those fields also have a different type of layering going on as well as the type you intended. Delete those fields that are showing harvested, then reload, if they are still there then try plowing and planting again then immediately reload and see if they stayed planted. If they revert back to harvested fields you will have to keep deleting and refreshing until you are back to ground cover then re plow new fields.

Texas Star
Jul 02 2017, 04:48 PM
Hi Texas Star,

This doesn't sound like something to do with the release.
It sounds like those fields also have a different type of layering going on as well as the type you intended. Delete those fields that are showing harvested, then reload, if they are still there then try plowing and planting again then immediately reload and see if they stayed planted. If they revert back to harvested fields you will have to keep deleting and refreshing until you are back to ground cover then re plow new fields.

TY Tiger :) Sorry for the confusion. The crops and fields have disappeared from the affected area, so there is nothing to delete. After reloading, clearing memcache and browser, then reloading, they were still gone. I plowed that area again and planted. It was fine and the leeks were grown and ready for harvest the next morning. The fields worked fine until this afternoon when they were gone again! It is a mystery to me... may plant leeks somewhere else on the farm tonight and see if they stay or disappear. That farm has been plowed and planted in exactly the same way for a month or more, so thought it might be related to the changes :)

Tiger
Jul 02 2017, 05:05 PM
TY Tiger :) Sorry for the confusion. The crops and fields have disappeared from the affected area, so there is nothing to delete. After reloading, clearing memcache and browser, then reloading, they were still gone. I plowed that area again and planted. It was fine and the leeks were grown and ready for harvest the next morning. The fields worked fine until this afternoon when they were gone again! It is a mystery to me... may plant leeks somewhere else on the farm tonight and see if they stay or disappear. That farm has been plowed and planted in exactly the same way for a month or more, so thought it might be related to the changes :)

Hi Texas Star,

Thank you for clarifying :) Are the leeks there now or are they gone again? Are they gone when just viewing the farm, do they reappear if you mouse over them? Can you see them using another browser? Could you supply a link to that farm so we can take a look please?

Texas Star
Jul 02 2017, 05:20 PM
Hi Texas Star,

Thank you for clarifying :) Are the leeks there now or are they gone again? Are they gone when just viewing the farm, do they reappear if you mouse over them? Can you see them using another browser? Could you supply a link to that farm so we can take a look please?

Hi, yvw and ty! The leeks are gone and never return. I tried a different browser the first time they disappeared. I am using the extended wither irrigation and plant them in the evening. They are ready in the morning for my quest if I need them. So far they have been there when I first go in in the morning but are not there later in the day. A neighbor came over and could not see them, and they do not show up on the Farm Stats. I can plow again in that area so the plow is not picking them up either. They do not disappear every day, only twice so far.

The leeks were in the space above the blue agave.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1469674409&farm_ix=0

columbonet
Jul 02 2017, 05:30 PM

I've been having this problem since the May update. The June update just made it much worse. It only happens to me when I'm hired for a super large farm.

SANDIE39
Jul 02 2017, 05:30 PM
I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE CUDOS, CONGRATULATIONS AND BIG THANK YOU FOR THE EXCELLENT WORK DONE ON THE FARMTOWN GAME. I WAS HARVESTING TODAY AND THE SPEED AND SMOOTHNESS OF THE GAME IS UNBELIEVABLE AND A PLEASURE TO PLAY. IT DIDN'T MATTER IF I WAS DOING FLOWERS, TREES OR CROPS THE CURSOR JUST FLOATS OVER THE GAME AND MAKES PLAYING SUCH A PLEASURE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNTIRING WORK ON THE GAME, IT IS NOTICED AND APPRECIATED. sandie39

Tiger
Jul 02 2017, 05:40 PM
Hi, yvw and ty! The leeks are gone and never return. I tried a different browser the first time they disappeared. I am using the extended wither irrigation and plant them in the evening. They are ready in the morning for my quest if I need them. So far they have been there when I first go in in the morning but are not there later in the day. A neighbor came over and could not see them, and they do not show up on the Farm Stats. I can plow again in that area so the plow is not picking them up either. They do not disappear every day, only twice so far.

The leeks were in the space above the blue agave.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1469674409&farm_ix=0

Hi Texas Star,

Thank you for your link :) I can see where the leeks are missing.

Did you re plow the whole farm or just that area? I'm wondering if the trick to re plow a partial overlapped farm is no longer working.

EDIT TO ADD :

I have cleaned the data on that farm for you. Please try re plowing the section that is missing. If it doesn't stay this time you might want to try re plowing the whole farm.

Texas Star
Jul 02 2017, 06:25 PM
Hi Texas Star,

Thank you for your link :) I can see where the leeks are missing.

Did you re plow the whole farm or just that area? I'm wondering if the trick to re plow a partial overlapped farm is no longer working.

EDIT TO ADD :

I have cleaned the data on that farm for you. Please try re plowing the section that is missing. If it doesn't stay this time you might want to try re plowing the whole farm.

TY again for your help. I re-plowed the missing area, only. Tonight I will try re-plowing the missing area again, and also will plant the leeks on another place since that is the only crop that disappeared. It is curious since it is fine in the evening after planting, and in the morning, but is gonelater in the day. I also wondered why the only the leeks disappeared. I'll let you know, but if necessary I may just leave this little area alone for a while. Maybe I have a sinkhole and should fence it!!

beverduster
Jul 03 2017, 12:08 AM
not worth the hassle

where is the unfurnished house located at, looked all over and i cant find it, t y

Taz D
Jul 03 2017, 12:12 AM
where is the unfurnished house located at, looked all over and i cant find it, t y
Hi beverduster,
Open the store to the Other section. In the scroll bar on right side click 10 times in the black area. That will show you the undecorated house and below it will be the items for it.

beverduster
Jul 03 2017, 12:18 AM
Hi beverduster,
Open the store to the Other section. In the scroll bar on right side click 10 times in the black area. That will show you the undecorated house and below it will be the items for it.

t y mr taz

marymarcel
Jul 03 2017, 08:39 PM
Hi all :)

From Raul notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - July 3rd, 8:40PM

- We replaced the 3 doors for the Unfinished House, so they are elevated like the windows and will stay in place when placed in front of the house, independent of the house orientation.

Note: The original doors are not available anymore in the Store to avoid confusion, so if you want to preserve the original doors you have in your farm, add them to your storage instead of deleting them.

jeannine_p
Jul 03 2017, 08:59 PM
why no july 4th decorations? first no memorial day, and now no july 4th?? wats up with that???

Taz D
Jul 03 2017, 09:08 PM
why no july 4th decorations? first no memorial day, and now no july 4th?? wats up with that???
Hi Jeannine,
We have never had 4th of July decorations.

jeannine_p
Jul 03 2017, 09:29 PM
Hi Jeannine,
We have never had 4th of July decorations.

hmmm, oki tz, i thought we did have. thanks for lettin me know. =)

Kathy813
Jul 04 2017, 01:42 AM
Since you have supposedly sped up the game's response, I have seen just the opposite. And I have a super neighbor who cannot move from one of my farms to another or another no matter which browser he uses. We both wish you had left the game alone and hadn't tried to improve the speed since it hasn't helped.:confused::mad:

dorissau
Jul 04 2017, 06:07 PM
I bought the new tree shaker and not so happy. That blessed thing hops around like a cricket on a hotplate. ugh and grr.

marymarcel
Jul 05 2017, 01:52 PM
I bought the new tree shaker and not so happy. That blessed thing hops around like a cricket on a hotplate. ugh and grr.

Hi dorissau:)

We have been testing our tree shaker and no moderators have problems with it.

Could you give us more information please?

dorissau
Jul 05 2017, 11:30 PM
There's no more information to add. When I move from area to area the square hops over then back and I have to hold it very still for a few seconds before I can click on the group I want to harvest.

Tiger
Jul 06 2017, 06:53 AM
There's no more information to add. When I move from area to area the square hops over then back and I have to hold it very still for a few seconds before I can click on the group I want to harvest.

Hi dorissau,

Can you please take the tool out of storage and set it down on a farm. Then Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Please then also clear your browser caches, close browser, then reload. After doing this the first time your farms are loaded, they will load slightly slower as all the graphics need to be loaded from a fresh start. Once you have done that reload and place the tool back into storage and see if that made any difference.

mcdaddie
Jul 06 2017, 09:08 AM
A very welcome surprise was observed today. Without any notifications, the ships notification that a container is full is now popping up even if you are at someone else's farm to help in multitasking.
Thanks Dev's , that is a great add.

Sorry, short lived, it is gone again. Hopefully it is something coming in the future. :(

dorissau
Jul 06 2017, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE=Tiger Laybourne;6174742]Hi dorissau,
Thanks, Tiger. That seems to have helped!! Not so jumpy this morning (neither the tool nor me.. ha)

Tiger
Jul 06 2017, 10:33 AM
Thanks, Tiger. That seems to have helped!! Not so jumpy this morning (neither the tool nor me.. ha)

Your welcome dorrissau :)

It should be working the same way as the 24x24 and 28x28 tree tools. Is it working the same as those now? If not please try the smaller tool and compare the difference.

Texas Star
Jul 07 2017, 05:08 PM
Tiger... just reporting in on the disappearing leeks... so far everything that I have planted on the re-plowed area has stayed put. TY for helping :)

Tiger
Jul 07 2017, 05:12 PM
Tiger... just reporting in on the disappearing leeks... so far everything that I have planted on the re-plowed area has stayed put. TY for helping :)

That's great news, thanks for coming back to let us know :)
You are welcome Texas Star.

jeannine_p
Jul 08 2017, 11:43 AM
any idea when and/or which coin facs we getting? i got moolah to spend.. its burning in my pocket! lolll :D:D:D

Taz D
Jul 08 2017, 04:39 PM
any idea when and/or which coin facs we getting? i got moolah to spend.. its burning in my pocket! lolll :D:D:D
Hi jeannine,
You have as much information as we do. Just have to wait for Raul to release them to see.

pskasper
Jul 08 2017, 04:58 PM
Since the update the game has been going painfully slow. I have tried different browsers, cleared my cache, made sure my computer is all updated with no luck. This seems to be hit or miss with the other players I know. Thank you for your time

marymarcel
Jul 08 2017, 05:23 PM
Since the update the game has been going painfully slow. I have tried different browsers, cleared my cache, made sure my computer is all updated with no luck. This seems to be hit or miss with the other players I know. Thank you for your time

Hi pskasper :)

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), a new window will open with a short list of unsettings, that means your game memory is cleared. Close that window and your farm if it was open during the clearing. Then reopen your farms.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

Also, please reset your router/modem for a few minutes and be sure your browser is updated.

Let us know if these suggestions helped you.

pskasper
Jul 08 2017, 08:14 PM
Thanks for trying to help! I did use your link (the same as the one I normally use regularily) and that did not help. I had already done it multiple times over the last few days. With the farms closed. I did play with the router, even switched it out with our spare and that did not help. Called the phone company (DSL) and everything seems to them. I have 4 browsers that I use, Opera works the best for the most part, which are all updated along with Windows, and everything else on my computer. Any other suggestions? It took me over an hour to do plantings that normally take me 20 minutes.

Taz D
Jul 08 2017, 09:21 PM
Thanks for trying to help! I did use your link (the same as the one I normally use regularily) and that did not help. I had already done it multiple times over the last few days. With the farms closed. I did play with the router, even switched it out with our spare and that did not help. Called the phone company (DSL) and everything seems to them. I have 4 browsers that I use, Opera works the best for the most part, which are all updated along with Windows, and everything else on my computer. Any other suggestions? It took me over an hour to do plantings that normally take me 20 minutes.
Hi pskasper,
The only things we can offer is for you to try all the suggestions in the first post of the following thread link:
Be sure to try all the suggestions in the links in that first post.

Also the items in this thread link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504374

You will find that, depending on how you have the different browsers and your computer settings set, some browsers may be slower than others.

pskasper
Jul 10 2017, 04:48 AM
Update: I went to bed and the next morning the game was back to normal with no additional efforts on my part. Thanks for your help, just wish I knew what was the cause and how it got fixed for the future. Hope you all had a great weekend :)

Aussie Rae
Jul 11 2017, 05:34 AM
ty, new coin facilities released, :)

cassi2m
Jul 11 2017, 07:19 AM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on July 11th, 4:10AM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: EN ESPAÑOL AQUI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630094)

[edited]

Post-Release Updates - July 11th, 4:10AM

- Released the Locksmith Supplies Factory and Locksmith Shop facilities.

Known Issues:

- None

Hi Raul and Developers,

Please NOTE with the release of new facs which all require the Red, Blue or Yellow inks, Metals, etc it is injuring our games.

We need relief from the high demand on certain products:

Ie: we have low to no Red, Blue, Yellow, Black Inks;
Lumber: Maple, Teak, etc
Metals: Brass sheets, Carbon Steel, etc
Pearls are still low
Need Increase on Leather as well as other items from the semi's.

Can you please look into this?

I am still not, nor will I participating in the Ships due to the lack of an AUTO loading Tool for my Port. I do not have time to sit and LOAD people's ships all day long, nor do I wish to anger anyone by holding up their ship. Therefore I do not partake in the Ship Fiasco.

If such a tool were to be released by Slashkey, I would be happy to perhaps join in on that forum. But since you people choose not to give us the tools that we so request, I choose to stand on my Soap Box and stay away from the Ships along with most of my friends and neighbors.

In closing, I cannot rely upon the ships to assist to gather additional supplies needed to help my game along it's way.
Thank you for your time,
Sincerely, bothering you once again,
Cathy McCormick

PS I do appreciate your assistance back in January when you found and fixed my storage problems by expanding the database. :)

Taz D
Jul 11 2017, 09:03 AM
Hi Raul and Developers,

Please NOTE with the release of new facs which all require the Red, Blue or Yellow inks, Metals, etc it is injuring our games.

We need relief from the high demand on certain products:

Ie: we have low to no Red, Blue, Yellow, Black Inks;
Lumber: Maple, Teak, etc
Metals: Brass sheets, Carbon Steel, etc
Pearls are still low
Need Increase on Leather as well as other items from the semi's.

Can you please look into this?

I am still not, nor will I participating in the Ships due to the lack of an AUTO loading Tool for my Port. I do not have time to sit and LOAD people's ships all day long, nor do I wish to anger anyone by holding up their ship. Therefore I do not partake in the Ship Fiasco.

If such a tool were to be released by Slashkey, I would be happy to perhaps join in on that forum. But since you people choose not to give us the tools that we so request, I choose to stand on my Soap Box and stay away from the Ships along with most of my friends and neighbors.

In closing, I cannot rely upon the ships to assist to gather additional supplies needed to help my game along it's way.
Thank you for your time,
Sincerely, bothering you once again,
Cathy McCormick

PS I do appreciate your assistance back in January when you found and fixed my storage problems by expanding the database. :)
Hi Cassi,
If you wish to make suggestions please place them in the Suggestions sections where we group the suggestions for the developers to see. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to an existing one that fits your suggestions.

maggiel29
Jul 12 2017, 03:17 AM
Don't know how long its been like this but I just noticed that some products appear in the "Non Ingredients" and "Non Ingredients for me" menu when selling. I own the facilities. Also it does not say on the enhanced help what Fac makes them and what theya re used for although they DO have a "?" button. They are: Lemon Lime Gelatin, Shrimp Paste, and Bay Leaves.

Aussie Rae
Jul 12 2017, 04:23 AM
Don't know how long its been like this but I just noticed that some products appear in the "Non Ingredients" and "Non Ingredients for me" menu when selling. I own the facilities. Also it does not say on the enhanced help what Fac makes them and what they are used for although they DO have a "?" button. They are: Lemon Lime Gelatin, Shrimp Paste, and Bay Leaves.

The Lemon Lime Gelatin (made in the Desert Factory...you get the Gelatin from the Semi Trailer),the Shrimp Paste (made in the Smokehouse), and the Bay Leaves are all used to make Pork Adobo in the Filipino Restaurant.. PORK ADOBO is not used to in any service facility at present..

maggiel29
Jul 12 2017, 07:19 AM
The Lemon Lime Gelatin (made in the Desert Factory...you get the Gelatin from the Semi Trailer),the Shrimp Paste (made in the Smokehouse), and the Bay Leaves are all used to make Pork Adobo in the Filipino Restaurant.. PORK ADOBO is not used to in any service facility at present..

Thanks Aussie Rae - I just couldn't understand why they should be in the Non Ingredients for me section as I have the facilities - that usually only has the things I don't have Facs for.
Its gone now anyway so no probs.

maggiel29
Jul 12 2017, 11:08 AM
Hi Devs - just to say no problems. The only issue I have I suspect is nothing to do with Farm town or the latest release. I cant get Google Chrome Browser to work anymore for some reason with Windows 10 and the Windows 10 Edge Browser allows some pop ups and not others. So I can post bonuses but I cant send gifts or train boosts. Firefox doesn't refresh any Flash game properly. But the game is running really smoothly and fast for me anyway thank you for all your hard work.

Taz D
Jul 12 2017, 11:13 AM
Hi Devs - just to say no problems. The only issue I have I suspect is nothing to do with Farm town or the latest release. I cant get Google Chrome Browser to work anymore for some reason with Windows 10 and the Windows 10 Edge Browser allows some pop ups and not others. So I can post bonuses but I cant send gifts or train boosts. Firefox doesn't refresh any Flash game properly. But the game is running really smoothly and fast for me anyway thank you for all your hard work.
Hi Maggiel,
Have you tried the steps in the following link for your Chrome problem?
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627898

Texas Belle
Jul 12 2017, 12:27 PM
This is what I found out this morning on my FT page: You are part of a small group of users running a new version of the game, please report any issues in the forum.

So I am reporting the first thing.. when I was fishing, the small sea coast some of them were inverted, the horizontal were perpendicular and some were not showing up, that is where I have my ships also, it is farm 9... that is all for now, will keep reporting..

Texas Belle
Jul 12 2017, 12:28 PM
If there is another place where I can report that I don't bring everybody's attention to what the small group is doing please let me know..
thanks,
Celina

marymarcel
Jul 12 2017, 12:45 PM
If there is another place where I can report that I don't bring everybody's attention to what the small group is doing please let me know..
thanks,
Celina

Hi Texas Belle :)

It is ok to report in this thread, thanks :)

maggiel29
Jul 12 2017, 01:39 PM
Hi Maggiel,
Have you tried the steps in the following link for your Chrome problem?
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627898

Hi Mary - its not just FB or Farm Town its everything - google Chrome just freezes and you have to reboot. I deleted it as per their instructions on the website and now it wont download again at all - I get some silly error message. Im going to try downloading it onto a USB stick at my daughter's and putting it on here but if that doesn't work Im stumped. It did work OK until Windows 10 updated the last time.
Thanks anyway

marymarcel
Jul 12 2017, 01:50 PM
Hi Mary - its not just FB or Farm Town its everything - google Chrome just freezes and you have to reboot. I deleted it as per their instructions on the website and now it wont download again at all - I get some silly error message. Im going to try downloading it onto a USB stick at my daughter's and putting it on here but if that doesn't work Im stumped. It did work OK until Windows 10 updated the last time.
Thanks anyway

Hi maggiel29 :)

I found a link from Chrome help. I'm sending it to you by private message, hope it will help you.

maggiel29
Jul 12 2017, 02:00 PM
Hi maggiel29 :)

I found a link from Chrome help. I'm sending it to you by private message, hope it will help you.

Thank you SO much :)

Rugged Barbie
Jul 12 2017, 02:09 PM
Hi all,

Question: Is the EX Harvest Plant tool only up to x7? I thought they released a larger one recently and I could use it.

Problem: Using my x7 EX H/P/P tool, it's still leaving grid images on my farm for many seconds and those fields are not disapearing as they should. Plus, the save icon goes up to 7 and even 8 when I'm using it. My farm isn't cluttered. Yes, I cleared memcache frequently and even the history on my browser.

Barbs

Taz D
Jul 12 2017, 02:59 PM
Hi all,

Question: Is the EX Harvest Plant tool only up to x7? I thought they released a larger one recently and I could use it.

Problem: Using my x7 EX H/P/P tool, it's still leaving grid images on my farm for many seconds and those fields are not disapearing as they should. Plus, the save icon goes up to 7 and even 8 when I'm using it. My farm isn't cluttered. Yes, I cleared memcache frequently and even the history on my browser.

Barbs
Hi Barbs,
Yes the EX x7 tools are the highest for those currently. What they released this time is the higher Tree Shaker and Flower Harvester.

If your save icon is going up that high that is why the fields are not disappearing as quickly as they should. From what you are saying it sounds like your internet is not sending update of the data very fast and that is why you are seeing the high numbers on the Save button. Memcache only clears the server and forces it to reload. That would not have anything to do with how fast your harvesting is updated to the server.

Tiger
Jul 12 2017, 05:54 PM
Hi Everyone, from Raul's notes >>

Post-Release Updates - July 12th, 6:10PM

- We released a change an hour ago to comply with some mandatory changes required by Facebook in relation to posting to user walls. We just discovered that this change had a bug and will cause the wall posts made during this time to not appear correctly in the Farmtown Wall Request section, you can still click the link but the images and text may be missing.

This bug is now fixed and posts made moving forward should look as usual.

Rugged Barbie
Jul 12 2017, 07:45 PM
Hi Barbs,
Yes the EX x7 tools are the highest for those currently. What they released this time is the higher Tree Shaker and Flower Harvester.

If your save icon is going up that high that is why the fields are not disappearing as quickly as they should. From what you are saying it sounds like your internet is not sending update of the data very fast and that is why you are seeing the high numbers on the Save button. Memcache only clears the server and forces it to reload. That would not have anything to do with how fast your harvesting is updated to the server.

This happened even when the cable is plugged directly into my computer and not using wifi or dsl - straight cable to computer. It's been a problem ongoing, and even worse after the fix that's supposed to speed things up, etc.

Texas Belle
Jul 13 2017, 10:27 AM
My report today is the same as yesterday, the only farm i see having problems is my farm 9 where I have all the sea coasts, small and large, and the ships.. still some of the small sea coasts are showing vertical where they are supposed to be horizontal and it so happens that that i where the ships are sitting on, that is it for today, thanks

Celina

Taz D
Jul 13 2017, 10:40 AM
My report today is the same as yesterday, the only farm i see having problems is my farm 9 where I have all the sea coasts, small and large, and the ships.. still some of the small sea coasts are showing vertical where they are supposed to be horizontal and it so happens that that i where the ships are sitting on, that is it for today, thanks

Celina
Hi Celine,
Have you tried turning them back around to horizontal? It could have been that they shifted when that update was released, but there isn't any way that we can turn them back.

mcdaddie
Jul 13 2017, 11:06 AM
I hope it is FaceBook screwing around some more and not FT adjusting to their screwups, but now the links generated for having people to help work facilities and service clients have gone from approx 200 characters to over 1000 characters, turning the links into huge and strange looking links. Kind of scary when you see for the first time.

Taz D
Jul 13 2017, 11:30 AM
I hope it is FaceBook screwing around some more and not FT adjusting to their screwups, but now the links generated for having people to help work facilities and service clients have gone from approx 200 characters to over 1000 characters, turning the links into huge and strange looking links. Kind of scary when you see for the first time.
Hi mcdaddie,
Can you post a screen capture of one of these? We aren't seeing anything different on them.

mcdaddie
Jul 13 2017, 11:58 AM
Yes, I will try to post actual link first before pics so the full effect can be seen. Here is one I just now created:::: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1170287656&farm_ix=0&facility_id=S6&facility_time=1499964902&facility_sig=cf3c5aa2afaebc6120629b16877ff31e&post_info=JTdCJTIybmFtZSUyMiUzQSUyMkklMjB3b3VsZCUy MGxpa2UlMjB0byUyMGhpcmUlMjB5b3UlMjB0byUyMHdvcmslMj BpbiUyMG15JTIwZmFjaWxpdGllcyUyMGluJTIwRmFybVRvd24h JTIyJTJDJTIycGljdHVyZSUyMiUzQSUyMmh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJT JGY2RuLnNsYXNoa2V5LmNvbSUyRmZsYXNoJTJGZmFybSUyRmxp YnMlMkYwNzA5LTE3MDI0MyUyRmFzc2V0cyUyRml0ZW1zJTJGMT MweDEzMCUyRmJha2VyeS5wbmclMjIlMkMlMjJjYXB0aW9uJTIy JTNBJTIyQ2xpY2slMjBoZXJlJTIwdG8lMjBoZWxwJTIyJTJDJT IyZGVzY3JpcHRpb24lMjIlM0ElMjJUaGUlMjBNYXlvciUyMHdp bGwlMjBjb21wZW5zYXRlJTIweW91JTIwd2l0aCUyMDIwJTI1JT Iwb2YlMjBhbGwlMjB0aGUlMjBwcm9kdWN0cyUyMGNvbXBsZXRl ZC4lMjBZb3UlMjB3aWxsJTIwYWxzbyUyMHJlY2VpdmUlMjAzJT IwWFAlMjBmb3IlMjBlYWNoJTIwcHJvZHVjdCUyMHR5cGUlMjB0 aGF0JTIweW91JTIwd29yayUyMG9uLiUyMiU3RA%3D%3D

And here is one from yesterday:::: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1170287656&farm_ix=0&facility_id=%7Ez&facility_time=1499780208&facility_sig=28f31637c6d973cab4111b22c646dd50

I see they truncated in the message so if you will just copy the links and paste them in notepad or some text editor you can see the whole thing.

Taz D
Jul 13 2017, 12:16 PM
Yes, I will try to post actual link first before pics so the full effect can be seen. Here is one I just now created:::: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1170287656&farm_ix=0&facility_id=S6&facility_time=1499964902&facility_sig=cf3c5aa2afaebc6120629b16877ff31e&post_info=JTdCJTIybmFtZSUyMiUzQSUyMkklMjB3b3VsZCUy MGxpa2UlMjB0byUyMGhpcmUlMjB5b3UlMjB0byUyMHdvcmslMj BpbiUyMG15JTIwZmFjaWxpdGllcyUyMGluJTIwRmFybVRvd24h JTIyJTJDJTIycGljdHVyZSUyMiUzQSUyMmh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJT JGY2RuLnNsYXNoa2V5LmNvbSUyRmZsYXNoJTJGZmFybSUyRmxp YnMlMkYwNzA5LTE3MDI0MyUyRmFzc2V0cyUyRml0ZW1zJTJGMT MweDEzMCUyRmJha2VyeS5wbmclMjIlMkMlMjJjYXB0aW9uJTIy JTNBJTIyQ2xpY2slMjBoZXJlJTIwdG8lMjBoZWxwJTIyJTJDJT IyZGVzY3JpcHRpb24lMjIlM0ElMjJUaGUlMjBNYXlvciUyMHdp bGwlMjBjb21wZW5zYXRlJTIweW91JTIwd2l0aCUyMDIwJTI1JT Iwb2YlMjBhbGwlMjB0aGUlMjBwcm9kdWN0cyUyMGNvbXBsZXRl ZC4lMjBZb3UlMjB3aWxsJTIwYWxzbyUyMHJlY2VpdmUlMjAzJT IwWFAlMjBmb3IlMjBlYWNoJTIwcHJvZHVjdCUyMHR5cGUlMjB0 aGF0JTIweW91JTIwd29yayUyMG9uLiUyMiU3RA%3D%3D

And here is one from yesterday:::: http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1170287656&farm_ix=0&facility_id=%7Ez&facility_time=1499780208&facility_sig=28f31637c6d973cab4111b22c646dd50

I see they truncated in the message so if you will just copy the links and paste them in notepad or some text editor you can see the whole thing.
It may be something Facebook is doing. I say this as once you have posted the item to Facebook then it is under their control. It isn't hurting anything as the links still work.

Texas Belle
Jul 13 2017, 12:19 PM
Hi Celine,
Have you tried turning them back around to horizontal? It could have been that they shifted when that update was released, but there isn't any way that we can turn them back.

when you click on them they go back to their original place but once you harvested them they go back to vertical, lol and some of the sand pieces were covering the lakes, but that was easy, i just took them out and no more problems.

I was just harvesting my flowers now and saw that the square space for harvesting, on the upper corner, it tells you if the flowers are watered/irrigated, great improvement.. it shows the rain droplets in blue.. navigating between farms is a little slower, never had that problem, now it takes from 40 to 45 seconds (by my stopwatch) to go from one to another even if you have the tool like for trees or flowers.. and I think is mainly by that "waiting to display" frame.. oh another thing i noticed, when i take the tool from farm to farm like the harvesting for the trees, when you arrive at the farm it tells you what is planted under the trees, another good innovation... great work up to now, except my standing up water :)

marymarcel
Jul 13 2017, 05:01 PM

From Raul's notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - July 13th, 5:50PM

- Released another batch of optimizations and improvements including:

a) Farms with lots of water items load and operate much faster, even when overlapped

b) Farms full of plow fields or harvested fields load faster, even when overlapped

c) Decreased farm blinking when farming very quickly. When clicking and moving the mouse quickly while farming, sometimes the game detected those actions as dragging. We made some adjustments to minimize those accidental dragging operations. This also caused a noticeably increase in speed when farming.

d) This was an old bug, sometimes when you reloaded or navigated to a farm, the new farm appeared shifted to the top, and then finally moved down, causing a weird visual effect.

francescarw
Jul 13 2017, 05:57 PM
thankyou for the updates,,but when will it be possible to have them without them messing up the game completely?

Dan H
Jul 13 2017, 08:08 PM
Thank you - The farms do load a lot faster. I think the graphics are a little slow on the new optimizations as all the buildings and decorations come up, then the plowed or crop fields follow in a moment or two. Happens on 3 of the PC's I use.

I just had MS updates and Adobe updates yesterday and today.

Not a problem, just a little different than before.

Greatgig
Jul 14 2017, 06:03 AM
Am I the only one who is having problems with the farms not loading completely? It seems to be taking forever for the crops to show up and I've noticed that when fishing a lot of the waters aren't appearing onscreen. This is the first I've noticed the problem.

Tiger
Jul 14 2017, 06:59 AM
Am I the only one who is having problems with the farms not loading completely? It seems to be taking forever for the crops to show up and I've noticed that when fishing a lot of the waters aren't appearing onscreen. This is the first I've noticed the problem.

Hi Greatgig,

There is an issue with the waters at the moment, they seem to be rotating and may be hidden under other waters. We have notified the developers of this.

There should only be a small delay in the crops etc showing up, but once done you should be able to work them faster.

earlgray
Jul 14 2017, 08:51 AM
Farms do seem to be loading faster, but on at least one of them this morning, the tops of trees are hidden by the field of crops, not as it should be.

Followup - I checked through my farms to see how often this was happening. It is inconsistent. On my farm 9, the tops of all the trees to the left of the field are covered by the field/crop. On farm 13, the tops of some of the trees to the left of the field are covered, most are not. On farm 22, most of the trees to the left and below the field display properly, but the tops of a couple below the field are hidden.

mcdaddie
Jul 14 2017, 09:41 AM
After reading complaints in groups and from crew about links locking up while trying to help people do their facilities. After testing this myself I had 3 or 22 links fail to load. Normally when you load you get the immediate screen saying FarmTown (beta), then loading ....(incrementing %), then crops, trees.etc..... then brings up the popup allowing you to commence helping. On the ones that are failing, it just stops at a white screen just before the "FarmTown (beta)" shows up. To rectify, all that is needed is to hit the browser refresh button and it will reload and has always worked the second time for me. Just thought the Devs needed to know this since it is right after another optimization release.

mastermouse
Jul 14 2017, 09:52 AM
what has happened with ovelapped decorations? My farm 14 (Ridiciville Junction) is a prime example. My train trellis and train tracks now cant be seen because of the water. The trees that are by the train tunnel are now on top of the train tunnel. Many of my farms are now like this....what happened???

Tiger
Jul 14 2017, 10:00 AM
what has happened with ovelapped decorations? My farm 14 (Ridiciville Junction) is a prime example. My train trellis and train tracks now cant be seen because of the water. The trees that are by the train tunnel are now on top of the train tunnel. Many of my farms are now like this....what happened???

Hi mastermouse,

We have notified the developers that are are display problems. In the meantime please supply a link to one of the farms you have this problem with so they can visit to look if they need to.

Instructions, if you need them can be found........
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=590390

Dan H
Jul 14 2017, 10:11 AM
After reading complaints in groups and from crew about links locking up while trying to help people do their facilities. After testing this myself I had 3 or 22 links fail to load. Normally when you load you get the immediate screen saying FarmTown (beta), then loading ....(incrementing %), then crops, trees.etc..... then brings up the popup allowing you to commence helping. On the ones that are failing, it just stops at a white screen just before the "FarmTown (beta)" shows up. To rectify, all that is needed is to hit the browser refresh button and it will reload and has always worked the second time for me. Just thought the Devs needed to know this since it is right after another optimization release.

Same Load issue with two separate Farm Towns here (mine and wife's).

Clohar
Jul 14 2017, 10:54 AM
Just a note to all farmers having loading problems. One thing I found out is about the internet speed that farmers have. If they have a too slow speed that is crerating problems as the transfer of info to FT servers is a way too long. For example here are the speed I do have. on the pic téléchargement means download speed and vitesse d'envoi is the speed at which the info are send to FT servers. Here is the link to see them: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211893561846447&set=a.10211893561646442.1073741840.1593240078&type=3&theater

mastermouse
Jul 14 2017, 11:05 AM
Hi mastermouse,

We have notified the developers that are are display problems. In the meantime please supply a link to one of the farms you have this problem with so they can visit to look if they need to.

thank you for the quick response
I have links for two farms but issues on alot of farms-alot of trees are now on top of my buildings or if I have hid an oil rig behind a building it is now on top of my building

farm 14-multiple overlap issues with trees and water and train decos
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=644953875&farm_ix=13

farm 26-trees and flowers are on top of the buildings
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=644953875&farm_ix=25

Shellgirlmtl
Jul 14 2017, 12:52 PM
Hi mastermouse,

Same thing happening on all my farms... I hate to say this but it is UNACCEPTABLE for me... all my hard work on my designs now have to be redone... if this issue is not fixed, I might just walk away because I have no intention of redoing all 32 farms... :( Very sad... hopefully the DEVS will find a solution...

Tiger
Jul 14 2017, 12:56 PM
Same thing happening on all my farms... I hate to say this but it is UNACCEPTABLE for me... all my hard work on my designs now have to be redone... if this issue is not fixed, I might just walk away because I have no intention of redoing all 32 farms... :( Very sad... hopefully the DEVS will find a solution...

Hi Shellgirlmtl,

Please try to be patient while the devs try to find the cause of the problem and then try to fix it. I certainly would not be advising anyone to redesign at this point.

Shellgirlmtl
Jul 14 2017, 01:02 PM
Hi Shellgirlmtl,

Please try to be patient while the devs try to find the cause of the problem and then try to fix it. I certainly would not be advising anyone to redesign at this point.

Not to worry, I'm patient... I was just in shock when I saw my hidden facs on top of my medieval bldgs on my Farm 3... I dare not start redesigning, imagine once it's fixed I'd be up the creek without a paddle... lol...

maggiel29
Jul 14 2017, 01:18 PM
Just to let you know I have similar display problems for example trees on top of clouds, and my "container stack" is on top of the crane in the foreground.

Taz D
Jul 14 2017, 04:55 PM
Raul posted this:

Post-Release Updates - July 14th, 5:00PM

- Reverted back the above optimizations due to display issues with water items and fences. We expect to solve these bugs and have a new version ready by early next week.

cjbraswell
Jul 14 2017, 05:56 PM
since all these updates and optimizations, i have not been getting the xp rewards when i am hired to harvest others farms in the market, i only get coin rewards for h/p, trees, and flowers now.

Taz D
Jul 14 2017, 06:24 PM
since all these updates and optimizations, i have not been getting the xp rewards when i am hired to harvest others farms in the market, i only get coin rewards for h/p, trees, and flowers now.
Hi cjbraswell,
You do know you do not get XP for harvesting crops or fishing. You do get it for harvesting trees and flowers and chopping trees.

I do see you have gotten Xp for the following jobs today:
2017-07-14 11:08:10 job_comp_bonus coins=194758,xp=273920
17-07-14 08:37:49 job_comp_bonus coins=10066436,xp=328

cjbraswell
Jul 14 2017, 06:55 PM
Hi cjbraswell,
You do know you do not get XP for harvesting crops or fishing. You do get it for harvesting trees and flowers and chopping trees.

I do see you have gotten Xp for the following jobs today:
2017-07-14 11:08:10 job_comp_bonus
coins=194758,xp=27392017-07-14 08:37:49 job_comp_bonus
coins=10066436,xp=328

but you do get xp for plowing right? when did the xp stop for harvesting crops? and could it show up in your stats for me and i not see it in my bonus?

Taz D
Jul 14 2017, 06:59 PM
but you do get xp for plowing right?
Hi cjbraswell,
Yes you do. I didn't mention that as you get XP for plowing whether it is through the market or for a neighbor.

Taz D
Jul 14 2017, 07:05 PM
but you do get xp for plowing right? when did the xp stop for harvesting crops? and could it show up in your stats for me and i not see it in my bonus?
Hi cjbraswell,
You have never gotten XP for harvesting crops. Instead you get product and coins for doing them.

mastermouse
Jul 14 2017, 07:11 PM
Raul posted this:

- Reverted back the above optimizations due to display issues with water items and fences. We expect to solve these bugs and have a new version ready by early next week.

tyvm for changing it back! my farms look normal again

cjbraswell
Jul 14 2017, 07:49 PM
Hi cjbraswell,
Yes you do. I didn't mention that as you get XP for plowing whether it is through the market or for a neighbor.

could it be that the xp you are seeing is for when i am actually doing the work, where i am talking about not getting xp is in the bonus chest, and the bonus chest is suppose to match what you get for actually doing the work. just trying to understand why you have stats, but i do not get anything but coins in the bonus chest.

Taz D
Jul 14 2017, 07:54 PM
could it be that the xp you are seeing is for when i am actually doing the work, where i am talking about not getting xp is in the bonus chest, and the bonus chest is suppose to match what you get for actually doing the work. just trying to understand why you have stats, but i do not get anything but coins in the bonus chest.
Hi cjbraswell,
No it isn't because we do not see what you got for the work itself. That is why the 2 entries I listed say job_comp_bonus for job completion bonus.
For some of the jobs you have done today you did only get coins or coins and products because the work you did for those did not include plowing or harvesting/chopping trees or harvesting flowers.

Shellgirlmtl
Jul 15 2017, 02:32 AM

Was out for most of the evening, just got back and all my farms are back to normal... Thank you Raul & Team... hope you find a solution to fix the bugs... Again, 1000 thanks... :D

Tom C
Jul 15 2017, 08:39 AM
Are we talking a whole new release or just a bug fix

Taz D
Jul 15 2017, 10:31 AM
Are we talking a whole new release or just a bug fix
Hi Tom,
When they do even just a bug fix then they do release the whole program with that part fixed.

Qivis
Jul 17 2017, 11:03 AM
tyvm for changing it back! my farms look normal again

I'm part of the small testing group for newer hard / software and the optimizations appear to be in place for me and working just fine. So there is another version coming soon that works. To be on the safe side the development team is testing everything on the new OS before making a general release.

Texas Belle
Jul 17 2017, 12:03 PM
Well then my first reporting on the water was not out of content since i was one of the small testing group and my first report was of the water being vertical instead of horizontal like I had it.. we should've had had a special thread to report what anomalities we noticed in the farms and then compare with the others that were not on the special group.. :)

Taz D
Jul 17 2017, 08:41 PM
Well then my first reporting on the water was not out of content since i was one of the small testing group and my first report was of the water being vertical instead of horizontal like I had it.. we should've had had a special thread to report what anomalities we noticed in the farms and then compare with the others that were not on the special group.. :)
Hi Texas Belle,
This is where Raul wanted the posts from the testing group. No need for a special thread just for that.

beverduster
Jul 17 2017, 09:53 PM
im part of the group, the only problem i had wass dragging and takin forever to go from one farm to the other, had to refresh alot to keep it from bogging down

Tiger
Jul 18 2017, 06:49 AM
test version of the game (10) released July 18th, 5:30AM EST

Hi Raul,

This version has resolved all my display issues. I no longer have rotated waters or fences/trees slipping under other items.

FCM
Jul 18 2017, 07:09 AM
On Test Version as well. I'm getting a constant ERROR saving Data XLINK Error message. Can't get to farms.

Tiger
Jul 18 2017, 07:17 AM
On Test Version as well. I'm getting a constant ERROR saving Data XLINK Error message. Can't get to farms.

Hi FCM,

Is this happening in all browsers?

jerrbearsr
Jul 18 2017, 07:24 AM
I don't think on on the test version but game stuck at loading user, both on Firefox and Chrome. Did the Mec, and cleared browser.

Tiger
Jul 18 2017, 07:27 AM
I don't think on on the test version but game stuck at loading user, both on Firefox and Chrome. Did the Mec, and cleared browser.

Hi jerrbearsr,

If you are on the test version you will see a yellow banner telling you so above the game screen. Please confirm if you are on the test version or not.

Also are you getting any error message when you try to load?

StoneFace
Jul 18 2017, 07:29 AM
same here..... can't load

Both accounts will load from the links in my signature. I can go to the Mr S account direct with no problem and from there go to the MeBeMrS account and work it.

The MeBeMrs has the banner announcing the 5am (today) intro of a new version. And it is the one I cannot open directly.

jerrbearsr
Jul 18 2017, 07:30 AM
Hi jerrbearsr,

If you are on the test version you will see a yellow banner telling you so above the game screen. Please confirm if you are on the test version or not.

Also are you getting any error message when you try to load?

I have no yellow banner, and no error message just loading user, I was in the game at around 4 am my time went to reload game at around 5 am and have not been able to get in so far.

Tiger
Jul 18 2017, 07:30 AM
same here..... can't load

Hi StoneFace,

Are you on the test version or not? If you are there will be a yellow banner above the top of your game screen saying "This is a new test version of the game (10) released July 18th, 5:30AM EST. Please report any display issues in the forum."

Tiger
Jul 18 2017, 07:31 AM
I have no yellow banner, and no error message just loading user, I was in the game at around 4 am my time went to reload game at around 5 am and have not been able to get in so far.

ok jerrbearsr, thank you for your information :)

mcdaddie
Jul 18 2017, 07:42 AM
I am on the test version and cannot get to farm because of "ERROR Saving Data, ERROR XLINK at the "Loading User" part of the start screen.

FCM
Jul 18 2017, 07:43 AM
Hi FCM,

Is this happening in all browsers?

Chrome, which is all I have loaded on the computer I'm on now.

Qivis
Jul 18 2017, 07:44 AM
It's hard to determine which thread to post to, but the latest TEST VERSION (10) has developed problems in the last half hour. It no longer loads, but says "loading user" for about a half minute followed by a "error saving data. Error Xlink" Clearing cache and Adobe settings has no effect. Up until now the testing versions have been operating better than the general release.

Tiger
Jul 18 2017, 07:46 AM
Hi All,

We have notified the developers of the loading issues for both testers and regular game users.

Could you all post your location please so we can see if this is localised to one area/country.

jerrbearsr
Jul 18 2017, 07:47 AM
Hi All,

We have notified the developers of the loading issues for both testers and regular game users.

Could you all post your location please so we can see if this is localised to one area/country.

Modesto, California, USA

al_bundy
Jul 18 2017, 07:48 AM
Australia

Error Saving Data Xlink Error

Tester

mcdaddie
Jul 18 2017, 07:54 AM
XLINK ERROR
Austin TX

Farmer_Susan
Jul 18 2017, 08:00 AM
Same here. I'm in the test group - was having a LOT of loading issues around 5:30 which looks like that's when the update was happening. Now I get the XLINK error and can't load at all.

StoneFace
Jul 18 2017, 08:14 AM
The account which has this morning's banner (and also had the prior banner), will not load.......Southeast Michigan USA

Qivis
Jul 18 2017, 08:21 AM
The account which has this morning's banner (and also had the prior banner), will not load.......Southeast Michigan USA

I tried both test versions via the link Raul sent me and it appears both are experiencing the same issue. Rochester, New York area. (I got your emails, Tiger. So please feel free to delete my posts on the other threads! I'm just adding geo info.) :D :(

Aussie Rae
Jul 18 2017, 08:31 AM
in Australia, its now 11pm, farmtown shows "loading user....." WF4, not in any test group...trying to get in using Firefox on my HP Pavilion X360 Convertable Laptop, 7th Generation intel core i5, 8GB RAM. Have not fired up my Toshiba core i7 and will call it a night.. hopefully all will be back to normal in the morning..

BACK IN BUSINESS..

TerriFlynn
Jul 18 2017, 08:37 AM
The game will not load for me. I have tried using several browsers. I am on serverWF37.

Update: Game has now loaded for me.

iam1to
Jul 18 2017, 08:40 AM
i am having same issue - not loading - freezing on "loading user......." in both IE and CHROME with only 1 account - the other account doesn't appear to have problems

Jean's Farm
Jul 18 2017, 08:55 AM
Same here.....I'm stuck on "loading User" :(

Tiger
Jul 18 2017, 09:32 AM
Hi Folks,

Myself and a few others have just got back into the game. Please see if you can now as well.

FCM
Jul 18 2017, 09:38 AM
I'm in, but it is VERY slow

Aussie Rae
Jul 18 2017, 09:44 AM
I'm back in, :) now to go to bed!! Lol

StoneFace
Jul 18 2017, 09:59 AM
back in business at both accounts.

Thanks much

bjyhey3
Jul 18 2017, 11:21 AM
This is new and very annoying...how can I get rid of Facebook.apps.com's notices that want me to "leave page" or "stay on page" every time I want to change pages. It only happens on FT.
Sorry but I don't know where else to put this question as it started with the new update

Taz D
Jul 18 2017, 11:29 AM
This is new and very annoying...how can I get rid of Facebook.apps.com's notices that want me to "leave page" or "stay on page" every time I want to change pages. It only happens on FT.
Sorry but I don't know where else to put this question as it started with the new update
Hi bjyhey,
That usually means you started a chat message and didn't send it of commented on a post and didn't complete it. That is a Facebook item and nothing Farm Town can do about it.

maggiel29
Jul 18 2017, 11:37 AM
Everything seems fine display wise now - for example my trees are now behind the clouds again. Is the progress bar on the ship containers being prepared a new thing. Only just noticed it - great idea.

bjyhey3
Jul 18 2017, 11:40 AM
Hi bjyhey,
That usually means you started a chat message and didn't send it of commented on a post and didn't complete it. That is a Facebook item and nothing Farm Town can do about it.

Thanks Taz, I'll look into it

JAXDAW
Jul 18 2017, 02:01 PM
I've tried several browsers, updated flash - still cannot post facility or client request for my neighbors to help

marymarcel
Jul 18 2017, 02:05 PM
I've tried several browsers, updated flash - still cannot post facility or client request for my neighbors to help

Hi JAXDAW :)

What happens when you try?

max_river
Jul 18 2017, 02:24 PM
when are they going to have the water issues fix i can not do any fishing i running out of fish

marymarcel
Jul 18 2017, 02:38 PM
when are they going to have the water issues fix i can not do any fishing i running out of fish

Hi max_river :)

Which is your issue with the water items? can you explain it please?

Palmarina
Jul 18 2017, 02:38 PM
:confused: Hi is there a problem with posting belt bonus requests? For my farm 6 bonus requests showed up but there was no possibility to post them on my timeline :confused:

marymarcel
Jul 18 2017, 02:43 PM
:confused: Hi is there a problem with posting belt bonus requests? For my farm 6 bonus requests showed up but there was no possibility to post them on my timeline :confused:

Hi Palmarina :)

We are having problems posting facilities and ingredients requests. I couldnt check about bonuses.

I sent an email to the developers to let them check on this problem.

Snookie Sue
Jul 18 2017, 02:51 PM
OH no! - no problems yesterday but can't today :( :( :(

Palmarina
Jul 18 2017, 02:52 PM
Hi Palmarina :)

We are having problems posting facilities and ingredients requests. I couldnt check about bonuses.

I sent an email to the developers to let them check on this problem.

Thank you. I noticed that other farmers had this problem too.

max_river
Jul 18 2017, 02:53 PM
None of my river ponds and see coast are not showing up. my fish are showing in the farm stats as being ready

max_river
Jul 18 2017, 02:55 PM
they just came back not sure what happen

marymarcel
Jul 18 2017, 03:00 PM
None of my river ponds and see coast are not showing up. my fish are showing in the farm stats as being ready

they just came back not sure what happen

So glad it is solved max :)

bruhelmboldt
Jul 18 2017, 03:23 PM
Unable to post requests for assistance with facilities or clients. No popup window.

Using FireFox. USA left coast.

Taz D
Jul 18 2017, 03:31 PM
Unable to post requests for assistance with facilities or clients. No popup window.

Using FireFox. USA left coast.
Hi bruhelmboldt,
This has been reported to the developers and we are waiting on word back from them.

Cherry's Farm
Jul 18 2017, 04:24 PM
I am having trouble with trying to post facility requests this morning. Request for help box comes up but it just flicks and disappears without any request appearing on my page or FT wall.

marymarcel
Jul 18 2017, 04:27 PM
I am having trouble with trying to post facility requests this morning. Request for help box comes up but it just flicks and disappears without any request appearing on my page or FT wall.

Hi Cherry's Farm :)

We are all having the same problem. We sent an email to the developers to let them check on this problem.

BarbLH
Jul 18 2017, 05:13 PM
For those who can't post their facilities: I found that I was able to post my facilities & clients by posting yesterday's links in my STATUS. The first post (facilities) I pasted the link & the pic of the facility appeared. I removed the link (who wants to see all that?), then posted successfully. I did the same thing for clients. My friends have been able to work my facilities. This won't work for bonuses & ingredients but if your facilities links aren't very old this is a workaround for you

Update: You can also Share your facilities posts if the links aren't too old.

marymarcel
Jul 18 2017, 05:41 PM

From Raul notes for the New Release:

Known Issues:

- None of the posts to facebook walls are currently working, this appears to be a facebook issue, we are currently considering possible workarounds.

kejusa
Jul 19 2017, 09:11 AM
Does the above problems also affect the FarmTown Wall Requests? All the requests showing on my Wall are 19 hours or older which includes offers' expired!
Thank you

Tiger
Jul 19 2017, 09:23 AM
Does the above problems also affect the FarmTown Wall Requests? All the requests showing on my Wall are 19 hours or older which includes offers' expired!
Thank you

Hi Kejusa,

Yes, when the problem occurred it stopped the posts going to wall requests as well.

kejusa
Jul 19 2017, 09:40 AM
Thank you Tiger, I read someone's suggestion about reposting yesterday's requests whereby you 'share' your posts - I have done that cos as I see it the NCC scores are going to be drastically affected too.

mastermouse
Jul 19 2017, 10:44 AM
Thank you Tiger, I read someone's suggestion about reposting yesterday's requests whereby you 'share' your posts - I have done that cos as I see it the NCC scores are going to be drastically affected too.

you can still work facilities from the old posts that are still on the farmtown wall. So you can work the posts that are 20 hours old up to 1 day old. The 2 day old posts are not workable. Once those posts turn to 2 days they arent workable

Qivis
Jul 19 2017, 10:49 AM
One of the non-Slashkey cooking games let me post yesterday about the time we stopped being able to post from Farm Town, but with the caveat that I check my wall and then tell them "no. this is not spam!" My guess is that Facebook suddenly has decided we are a spamming group and to not even give us a chance to report that they are blocking legitimate posts, but blocks them instantly.

After making the bonus post from the cooking game I mentioned and telling Facebook they were mistaken about it being spam, a message for my eyes only appeared above the post itself reading "Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback will help us improve detection. We block posts that look like spam according to our Community Guidelines." Perhaps it would be helpful to Raul and Co. if this information is passed along to him, but since I am not a moderator and just a survey group member it would be best if it came from one of y'all!

esther246
Jul 19 2017, 11:30 AM
Can we have an update on the wall posting

Tiger
Jul 19 2017, 11:35 AM
Can we have an update on the wall posting

Hi esther246,

Keep an eye on Raul's notes in the first post on the first page. Any updates he does he posts them in that post.

Texas Belle
Jul 19 2017, 12:35 PM
test version of the game (10) released July 18th, 5:30AM EST

Hi Raul,

This version has resolved all my display issues. I no longer have rotated waters or fences/trees slipping under other items.

yes, that was fixed, still slow after the frame that says display, takes a while to think what its supposed to display.. another thing just today, can't post, anything else new?

Texas Belle
Jul 19 2017, 12:36 PM
Hi Cherry's Farm :)

We are all having the same problem. We sent an email to the developers to let them check on this problem.

Great, glad I am not the only one with this issue, thought maybe it was because of the testing version... thanks Mary

marymarcel
Jul 19 2017, 01:03 PM
Great, glad I am not the only one with this issue, thought maybe it was because of the testing version... thanks Mary

Hi Texas Belle :)

It is affecting all of us, no matter if we are on the test version or not. And it seems other games on facebook also had the same problem.

The last news we have is the note Raul posted yesterday

Known Issues:

- None of the posts to facebook walls are currently working, this appears to be a facebook issue, we are currently considering possible workarounds.

GoalieAunt
Jul 19 2017, 02:04 PM
Hi bjyhey,

Just an FYI, the "leave page" or "stay on page" messages appear whenever you want to switch pages in FT when using the Puffin browser on your phone. Since I only use Puffin for FT and not for FB stuff, I'm sure it's just how Puffin want to handle things now. :) Annoying but I can live with it in order to be able to farm away from home.

roz1972
Jul 19 2017, 02:14 PM
out of interest i use puffin on my phone for farm town but only works on wifi now , do you have the same problem ...i miss being able to send peoples ships on when away from home

Taz D
Jul 19 2017, 02:15 PM
Just an FYI, the "leave page" or "stay on page" messages appear whenever you want to switch pages in FT when using the Puffin browser on your phone. Since I only use Puffin for FT and not for FB stuff, I'm sure it's just how Puffin want to handle things now. :) Annoying but I can live with it in order to be able to farm away from home.
Hi GoalieAunt,
Even though you only have Puffin open for your farms it is still a Facebook page. The items over in the far right are from Facebook and Facebook determines the layout of the page.

beverduster
Jul 19 2017, 06:52 PM
One of the non-Slashkey cooking games let me post yesterday about the time we stopped being able to post from Farm Town, but with the caveat that I check my wall and then tell them "no. this is not spam!" My guess is that Facebook suddenly has decided we are a spamming group and to not even give us a chance to report that they are blocking legitimate posts, but blocks them instantly.

After making the bonus post from the cooking game I mentioned and telling Facebook they were mistaken about it being spam, a message for my eyes only appeared above the post itself reading "Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback will help us improve detection. We block posts that look like spam according to our Community Guidelines." Perhaps it would be helpful to Raul and Co. if this information is passed along to him, but since I am not a moderator and just a survey group member it would be best if it came from one of y'all!

qivis., facebook shut off my credit card, sayin it was spam it took me amonth to get them to turn it back on, told yhem since this was such level, above my head, i gave them my lawyers fone number and told them to explain it to him
got it sback on during the night when i was sleepin

FarmersWife1965
Jul 19 2017, 08:26 PM

GoalieAunt....we can farm from our phones when we are away from our computers? I never knew that! How do you do it?

Taz D
Jul 19 2017, 08:32 PM
GoalieAunt....we can farm from our phones when we are away from our computers? I never knew that! How do you do it?
Hi Farmerswife,
You can if you have a browser on your phone that has Flash player built into it, such as Puffin. There are many things you won't be able to do because oif the size of the screen though.

Tom C
Jul 19 2017, 11:22 PM
I was just able to post Facilities

Taz D
Jul 19 2017, 11:22 PM
The posting is starting to come back. If you can't post still wait a little while and try again. It takes time for the fix to spread to all the servers.

Aussie Rae
Jul 19 2017, 11:53 PM
WF4, it worked for me, :) which is great for I haven't posted for a few days....expecting some visitors soon, LOL

Taz D
Jul 20 2017, 12:01 AM
Raul has posted the following:

Post-Release Updates - July 20th, 12:30AM

- Facebook just fixed the bug related to posting to facebook walls.

Known Issues:

- None

GoalieAunt
Jul 20 2017, 09:56 AM

I use the Puffin browser app for iphone (I understand there are others). As Taz said, it has flash built in. It can be a bit tricky to figure out how to farm, but it does work. At first I just used it for ships as I couldn't move the farm around, then I opened up the full screen on the Puffin browser (not the FT full screen) and discovered the ... (more) and turned on the mouse. Some menus won't close in full screen and you have to go back to regular screen. If you get a bonus, you have to post (or cancel) it before you can do anything else. I only use it when I have the entire farm in a single crop as it is too tricky to use your finger to hit an exact spot. I use it mostly for doing quests while on the road.

FarmersWife1965
Jul 20 2017, 10:17 AM
I use the Puffin browser app for iphone (I understand there are others). As Taz said, it has flash built in. It can be a bit tricky to figure out how to farm, but it does work. At first I just used it for ships as I couldn't move the farm around, then I opened up the full screen on the Puffin browser (not the FT full screen) and discovered the ... (more) and turned on the mouse. Some menus won't close in full screen and you have to go back to regular screen. If you get a bonus, you have to post (or cancel) it before you can do anything else. I only use it when I have the entire farm in a single crop as it is too tricky to use your finger to hit an exact spot. I use it mostly for doing quests while on the road.

Thank you! I did not know this existed. I am downloading it now. I rarely ever farm when I am out, but this will come in handy for those short growing crops/quests/ships when I am sitting there waiting for my daughter to get out of one of her many dance classes every week. I usually run to the library and use their computer, but this will work out great. Thanks so much!

Texas Belle
Jul 20 2017, 10:27 AM
qivis., facebook shut off my credit card, sayin it was spam it took me amonth to get them to turn it back on, told yhem since this was such level, above my head, i gave them my lawyers fone number and told them to explain it to him
got it sback on during the night when i was sleepin

It is all that new group that FB employed for security, they are messing up with everything on FB..

FarmersWife1965
Jul 20 2017, 10:35 AM
Thank you! I did not know this existed. I am downloading it now. I rarely ever farm when I am out, but this will come in handy for those short growing crops/quests/ships when I am sitting there waiting for my daughter to get out of one of her many dance classes every week. I usually run to the library and use their computer, but this will work out great. Thanks so much!

Sorry to bother you GoalieAunt...one more question...I downloaded the app. Now that I have the Puffin Browser, and I logged in to Facebook, how do I get to FarmTown? Thanks in advance!

Texas Belle
Jul 20 2017, 11:43 AM
Reporting on the new version test.. Raul, the issue is still with the water, now when I fish and i always grab the boat and go from farm to farm where water is so I don't have to hide all, but this time I had the trees to show and when I navigate from farm to farm the trees show at the same time as water then just maybe a second or two after the trees are gone and just the water is seen.. that is all I have for now..

Celina

Docperk
Jul 20 2017, 05:37 PM
Just a comment on the test release, I am sure it has been reported but thought I read one where they slow to load had been resolved, mine has not. When going from farm to farm on my own farm it loads basically a frame of the farm and there is 3-5 second delay before filling the rest of the farm.

Dr. Dirt
Jul 21 2017, 03:40 AM
Sorry to bother you GoalieAunt...one more question...I downloaded the app. Now that I have the Puffin Browser, and I logged in to Facebook, how do I get to FarmTown? Thanks in advance!

It should be on the left side of the screen under shortcuts. :)