PDA

View Full Version : What Browsers do you recommend for playing farmtown

Cornish Lil Princess
Jul 25 2017, 09:03 AM
Would like to know all the browsers you recommend playing farmtown with. I already use Opera and Chrome but would like to know others that people have tried and tested. If you don't want to write down the browser here please feel free to message me on here or my farmtown. Thank you

marymarcel
Jul 25 2017, 09:11 AM
Would like to know all the browsers you recommend playing farmtown with. I already use Opera and Chrome but would like to know others that people have tried and tested. If you don't want to write down the browser here please feel free to message me on here or my farmtown. Thank you

Hi Cornish Lil Princess :)

I moved your post to the General Feedback forum to let other farmers answer you.

dorissau
Jul 26 2017, 10:15 AM
I just read a long article on a tech site about the fact that Adobe Flash is shutting down and will no longer be available after 2020. I use Chrome which is making changes and will phase out Flash in the next year. I am wondering what steps our devs are taking so that our game will continue when these changes take place.

dorissau
Jul 26 2017, 10:18 AM
For my system, Firefox works best. I also play Farm Town on the Facebook Gameroom app and FT runs good there as well.

Firefox does not work well for me and Gameroom is OK, except you can't use tabs so you can't layer or do any other creative things. I use Chrome and Comodo Icedragon which both have great graphics and lots of flexibility.

Tiger Laybourne
Jul 26 2017, 10:23 AM
I just read a long article on a tech site about the fact that Adobe Flash is shutting down and will no longer be available after 2020. I use Chrome which is making changes and will phase out Flash in the next year. I am wondering what steps our devs are taking so that our game will continue when these changes take place.

Hi dorissau,

There is time for them to switch to another technology like HTML5 or unity.

GT1
Aug 06 2017, 02:49 AM
FF takes a pretty sizable resource footprint compared to chrome, even though chrome is still infantile in how it handles some things. If you want speed in adobe flash, chrome is it, out of the typical vanilla browsers. You'll really notice it on an older slower PC.

I was a FF/GM user for years and it still dominates in a couple niche areas, but that isn't on facebook anymore.