PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- July 27th, 2017

Raul
Jul 27 2017, 05:56 PM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on August 2nd, 11:20PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: En Espaņol AQUI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630698)

1. 11 New Decorations:

a) A new 'Wooden Unfinished House' with 2 more Wooden Windows and a Window Flower Pot
b) Chain Fence, White Chain Fence, Trolley Car, High Tension Tower, Power Wire, Tiny Sea Foam and Small Sea Foam

2. Next 5 expansions for Farm 33: See prices below:

24x24 - 20000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
26x26 - 20500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
28x28 - 21000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
30x30 - 21500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
32x32 - 22000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

3. Improvements and Optimizations released in the past few days:

a) Farms with lots of water items load and operate much faster, even when overlapped

b) Farms full of plow fields or harvested fields load faster, even when overlapped

c) Decreased farm blinking when farming very quickly. When clicking and moving the mouse quickly while farming, sometimes the game detected those actions as dragging. We made some adjustments to minimize those accidental dragging operations. This also caused a noticeably increase in speed when farming.

d) Improved farm dragging operation on big farms with lot of items, sometimes when you were dragging quickly, the farm didn't move as much as it was supposed to and you were forced to do multiple drag attempts.

e) Bugfix: This was an old bug, sometimes when you reloaded or navigated to a farm, the new farm appeared shifted to the top, and then finally moved down, causing a weird visual effect.

f) BugFix: Sometimes the single harvest tool was not working correctly when a tree or flower was planted on top of a crop field.

4. Log Truck with Chainsaw 32 x 32 (FC): This new Log Truck with Chainsaw chop up to 1024 trees in one click.

5. Fishing Turbo Boat 32 x 32 (FC): This new Turbo Boat catch all fish in all water items in a squared area the size of 8x8 plow fields. This tool is especially useful for fishing up to 1024 overlapped water items at once.

6. Continued working in the Local Facility Chains: This is a functionality that will be released in the next few months, we should have the first part ready for the next release, here are some of the rules so far although some of these may change:

a) A user will be able to create chains with its own facilities by combining multiple facilities of the same type. This feature is not related to the Neighborhood Chains Context.
b) Every certain amount of weeks a user can select 2 facility candidates to convert into chains
c) Only one can be a coin facility
d) One must be a factory and the other one must be a service facility
e) Assuming facility X and Y are paired (output of X is the input of Y, for example the Medical Supplies Factory and the Hospital Service Facility) you cannot have chains of both of them, you will have to decide which one, the factory or the service you want to upgrade into a chain
f) For a facility candidate to earn the chain status, you will have to reach the Dan 7 on each of its products. Dan 7 could only be reached for products produced in facilities that are candidates to be converted into chains.
g) A chain should have at least 2 facilities and a maximum of 3 facilities. A chain with 3 facilities will provide more benefits than a chain of 2 facilities.
h) Chains of factories will provide increased product output. Chains of service facilities will provide increased profits.
i) A factory chain will produce 2 different types of product quality: standard quality, and a new premium or export quality products to be stored in a separate dedicated storage, for example, Surgical Gloves and Premium Surgical Gloves, the product types and images are all the same, there will just be 2 different quality versions of each product produced in a chain.
j) Premium products cannot be consumed by your own service facilities, you can sell them in the market for increased profits or you can trade them with your friends through partnerships
k) For example, if you own a chain of Medical Supplies Factories, you can enter into a partnership with one of your neighbours that have a chain of Hospitals and all your premium products produced by your Medical Supplies Factory chain will be automatically consumed by your partner in his/her chains of Hospitals, generating even more profits for both of you.

7. Deli (FC): Produces Delicatessen Style Food.

Reuben Sandwich
Pastrami on Rye
Roast Beef Sandwich
Avocado BLT Sandwich
Club Sandwich
Salami Omelette
Egg Salad
Tuna Salad

New products in other Facilities: Russian Dressing in the Sauce and Condiments Factory.

8. Food Ingredients Factory (Coins): Produces Food Preparation Ingredients. For now there is only one product produced in this facility but this may expand in the future.

Pectin

9. Mobile Accessories Factory (FC): Produces Mobile Accessories.

Phone Stand
Phone Armband
Clip-On Phone Lens
Girl Phone Cover
Selfie Stick
Power Bank
Smartwatch Lux Strap
Kid Tablet Cover

10. Jam and Jelly Factory (Coins): Produces Jams and Jellies.

Grape Jelly
Cherry Jelly
Raspberries and Rhubarb Jelly
Plum Jam
Apricot Jam
Peach Jam
Fig Jam
Spiced Pear Jam

New products in other Facilities: Pectin in the Food Ingredients Factory.

11. 'Taste of the World' Service Facilities: This is a new theme of Service Facilities that will offer an opportunity to use the products produced in the different regional and country restaurants we have in the game. This time around we are releasing the 2 Service Facilities mentioned below.

12. Taste of Latin America (FC): Provides Latin American Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Latin American Restaurant.

13. Taste of Mediterranea (Coins): Provides Mediterranean Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Mediterranean Restaurant.

Note to our Fans: As some of you already know, Adobe recently announced that support for their Flash platform will be discontinued at the end of the year 2020. Rest assured that this will not affect Farmtown. We already started working on migrating the FarmTown game away from Flash and onto a newer and more resilient platform.

What does this mean for you? You won’t notice any significant difference when we upgrade the Farmtown game. In fact, we expect that the game will run faster, and it will let us add more features to the game that we haven’t been able to add due to the performance limitations of the existing Flash technology.

You will be able to continue playing Farmtown in your browser, in addition we’ll also add support for Facebook Gameroom for a better game experience.

In the name of the Farmtown team, we thank you for your continuous support and loyalty.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - August 2nd, 11:20PM

- Released the Mobile Accessories Factory and Taste of Mediterranea Facilities.

Known Issues:

- If you have trees on top of plow fields and you hide the trees, sometimes the red squares are on top of the plowed fields below the trees.

bjyhey3
Jul 27 2017, 06:16 PM
Thank you...nice surprise

Taz D
Jul 27 2017, 06:19 PM
Thanks Raul!

Texas Belle
Jul 27 2017, 06:19 PM
Thanks Raul, now to wait... lol

marymarcel
Jul 27 2017, 06:20 PM
Thanks a lot Raul! :)

Jean's Farm
Jul 27 2017, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the surprise release!!!

Harvesting with my friend again and the top of his farm is cut off. :(

Only seems to happen on the first farm we get to. Then when we move to the next they are all ok.

jeannine_p
Jul 27 2017, 06:38 PM
thanks so much!! a perfect end to a good day, while i eat dinner!! woot woot!!

crafty chris
Jul 27 2017, 06:43 PM
lovely surprise thanks :)

beverduster
Jul 27 2017, 06:47 PM
now , what to do with all that fc

Momma Woods
Jul 27 2017, 06:50 PM
Thanks Raul

sdsickinger
Jul 27 2017, 06:53 PM
The new jams and jellies factory requires Pectin and Purple Grapes to fill the grape jelly and the Ingredient planner for that factory shows I have 0 purple grapes and I really have
4,034,793. It want let me fill it because it says I need Purple Grapes.

Taz D
Jul 27 2017, 06:56 PM
The new jams and jellies factory requires Pectin and Purple Grapes to fill the grape jelly and the Ingredient planner for that factory shows I have 0 purple grapes and I really have
4,034,793. It want let me fill it because it says I need Purple Grapes.
Hi sdsickinger,
It should be telling you don't have any pectin as that is made in the new food ingredients factory.

We are seeing that it isn't recognizing the purple grapes too.

Lee Ann
Jul 27 2017, 07:04 PM
Thanks Raul & team ! Off to discover ....

lynwoo60
Jul 27 2017, 07:35 PM
Thank you Raul and Team for the new goodies to play with. :)

sdsickinger
Jul 27 2017, 08:16 PM
I went to the market to sell my Non- Ingredients and where it normally shows $ amount in Total value: It says NaN I am afraid to sell without a $$ amount. I have never seen that before.
Thanks

Taz D
Jul 27 2017, 08:23 PM
I went to the market to sell my Non- Ingredients and where it normally shows $ amount in Total value: It says NaN I am afraid to sell without a $$ amount. I have never seen that before.
Thanks
Hi sdsickinger,
I am not sure I woulod sell my Non-ingredients just yet. There will be 2 more service facilities released next week that will use some of those currently non-ingredients.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

I just checked and I have a number amount in my non-ingredients (for me).

sdsickinger
Jul 27 2017, 08:31 PM
I had already cleaned Memcache but I tried again and it still shows the same NaN for $ amount..

Taz D
Jul 27 2017, 08:35 PM
I had already cleaned Memcache but I tried again and it still shows the same NaN for $ amount..
Hi sdsickinger,
Try clearing your browser cache too and be sure to close and reopen your browser.

jeannine_p
Jul 27 2017, 09:24 PM
hey, just a curious FYI- the plum jam in the new jelly factory doesnt require the new pectin. not sure if thats on purpose or not?

Dutch85
Jul 27 2017, 09:38 PM
I wasn't expecting anything new till next week! What a great surprise! Thank you so much Raul!

Taz D
Jul 27 2017, 09:48 PM
hey, just a curious FYI- the plum jam in the new jelly factory doesnt require the new pectin. not sure if thats on purpose or not?
Hi jeannine,
Some jams do not require pectin to gel.

Perico429
Jul 27 2017, 10:16 PM
Has the neighborhood chain contest been extended for this release... it shows 6 days left instead of 45 min

Dan H
Jul 27 2017, 10:23 PM
Pleasant surprise this evening! Thank you for the very interesting release!!

BTW: The chopped off tops issue still exists, even with multiple memcache and browser cache clears. When harvesting neighbors farms, it is only the first farm having the display issue and if I immediately go to their next farm, then return to the first farm, all is normal.

Taz D
Jul 27 2017, 10:31 PM
Has the neighborhood chain contest been extended for this release... it shows 6 days left instead of 45 min
Hi Perico,
Each new contest starts on Thursday at 12:00 AM eastern time. Last week's contest ended last night at 12:00 AM eastern time. We are into a new contest.

Perico429
Jul 27 2017, 10:36 PM
My bad... I just realized the error of my way... must be too much cough syrup... thanks!!

MOM GLENDA
Jul 27 2017, 10:50 PM
thank you Raul.farmtown is the best game in the world

Lara
Jul 28 2017, 12:00 AM
I am basically housebound and don't go out much but somehow you guys manage to release an update when I am out lol. Still it makes my homecoming more exciting. Thanks devs. Always so much fun. And thanks for working on the Flash problem I was wondering what would happen

Lilymay Lee
Jul 28 2017, 12:57 AM
Thanks Raul, From an addicted Aussie fan...

Kameoft
Jul 28 2017, 01:07 AM
Thank you! Sounds good.

Aneida
Jul 28 2017, 01:34 AM
TY for the update. Have a great weekend.

peekachoo
Jul 28 2017, 01:51 AM
Many thanks to Raul and the team for the updates, but more importantly, thanks for putting our minds to rest about the Flash problem that's in the pipeline.I look forward to seeing the game run even better than it does now :).

VondaK
Jul 28 2017, 01:59 AM
Thank you so much for the new goodies and fixes. Really enjoy the game!

FarmerWitch
Jul 28 2017, 02:14 AM
Thank you!

zee5758
Jul 28 2017, 02:30 AM
My husband is a computer programmer and so I have an appreciation for the work involved in these releases. Thank you so much for the new product and for the background work you're doing for the new platform and other releases. Thanks for caring about your gamers. :)

maggiel29
Jul 28 2017, 02:37 AM
WOW - lovely surprise thank you

cassi2m
Jul 28 2017, 04:03 AM
Thank you for the new tools, etc but I still wish that ya'll had a version, even streamlined, that worked with our cell phones so when we are on vacation, etc, we are still able to perform certain functions on our accounts or our farms. I cannot go to my farm buy cash, facs, etc unless I borrow a family members computer.

Perhaps this post needs to be in a different section, however it is too difficult for me to maneuver this gadget. lol
Will you please move it if you so seem it in the improper section Taz? Ty 😏
Cathy

lvlrsSweetPea
Jul 28 2017, 04:54 AM
Thanks for the updates! We appreciate your dedication and hard work. Is there any way we can get sort buttons in the planting screen? I'd love to be able to sort by length of time to grow, then by stored amount so I can plant certain things. Even a non-ingredients sort would be nice so I don't plant things I don't need. :) Just a thought.

lvlrsSweetPea
Jul 28 2017, 04:57 AM
Thank you for the new tools, etc but I still wish that ya'll had a version, even streamlined, that worked with our cell phones so when we are on vacation, etc, we are still able to perform certain functions on our accounts or our farms. I cannot go to my farm buy cash, facs, etc unless I borrow a family members computer.

Perhaps this post needs to be in a different section, however it is too difficult for me to maneuver this gadget. lol
Will you please move it if you so seem it in the improper section Taz? Ty 😏
Cathy

What kind of phones do you have? I use the Puffin browser on my Android phone and it works just like logging in on the computer. I can do everything on my phone that I can on the computer.

Proud Veterans Wife
Jul 28 2017, 06:00 AM
Thank you all.

wrsearlessr@att.net
Jul 28 2017, 06:09 AM
Where do you find the unfinished house and accessories? Please help, I cannot find it.

FarmerWitch
Jul 28 2017, 06:24 AM
Love the new stuff ... was hoping for a change to the gifting items and methods ... it is really boring at present

macwinter
Jul 28 2017, 06:37 AM
Awesome update, thank you.

Farmer_Susan
Jul 28 2017, 06:49 AM
Thanks

That happened to me once a long time ago when I hadn't sold my non-ingredients in forever. As I recall, after discussing it with some folks here, I decided to go ahead and sell anyway and I got a HUGE amount of cash! I think at that time, the amount I had stored up was just bigger than that particular bit of code was set to display, but it DID give me the correct amount. HOWEVER . . . I'm not saying that will happen for you - just telling you my experience with the same issue a couple of years back.

Farmer_Susan
Jul 28 2017, 06:50 AM
LOVED waking up to a new release!

Also, sooooooooooooo glad to hear the Flash thing won't affect us. I did see that notice earlier this week and was worried.

YAY! FT forever!

marymarcel
Jul 28 2017, 06:50 AM
Where do you find the unfinished house and accessories? Please help, I cannot find it.

Hi wrsearlessr :)

They are located in the 'Other' category in the Store, beginning in page 11. Each page in the store contains 8 items. This means when you click in Other tab and you want to scroll down, you click in the bar on the right side and it moves down to show you 8 items. Every time you click, then 8 items are showed up, and they are considered as 1 page.

JohnAlbertini
Jul 28 2017, 06:51 AM
No FC? PLEASE throw us long term players a bone. 25 every three months is not enough, heck 25 every month would not be enough. PLEASE!!!!

MaryinVA
Jul 28 2017, 07:09 AM
Hi sdsickinger,
It should be telling you don't have any pectin as that is made in the new food ingredients factory.

We are seeing that it isn't recognizing the purple grapes too.
Just for the heck of it, I hit the Start All button on my Jams and Jellies facility, and it started up every product. Since I have no pectin, how can it do this?

Tiger
Jul 28 2017, 07:14 AM
Just for the heck of it, I hit the Start All button on my Jams and Jellies facility, and it started up every product. Since I have no pectin, how can it do this?

Hi MaryinVA,

Taz is not available at the moment.

When i tried this it did not load the ones needing pectin as i had none at the time. Could you have sent anyone ingredients to make the products in that factory? If you did that's how you got the pectin as you get some as well.

Docperk
Jul 28 2017, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the update. I will check it out tonight when I get home from work, but I have still been noticing slow down in the initial loading of the farm, even though the updates keep saying they have made improvements.

JNelson
Jul 28 2017, 07:32 AM
off to buy even more FC I have no will power, TOOLS and I also got to buy more of the train cars for the ore now that you have added to I had not added that car to 6 of my 10 trains because it dint carry those 2 ores but now that they do its a MUST GET ... its made a huge difference already

a increase in honey is really really needed too hope you considered doing that one too
can u please add peacocks to the animals car, and peacock feathers ,, much thanks

Tiger
Jul 28 2017, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the update. I will check it out tonight when I get home from work, but I have still been noticing slow down in the initial loading of the farm, even though the updates keep saying they have made improvements.

Hi Docperk,

It's not the initial loading that has sped up, there is a delay now before everything loads, but once it's loaded you should find working farms much faster.

Qivis
Jul 28 2017, 07:46 AM
No FC? PLEASE throw us long term players a bone. 25 every three months is not enough, heck 25 every month would not be enough. PLEASE!!!!

Doubling the farm cash from levels 875 to 900 when they come out would be a good idea! :D

Anyway, that is not really what I wanted to post about, but to say thanks for letting us know that Slashkey is upgrading its product to another platform. The fewer emails I send to customer service to suggest it, the better! :) :p

Catharina
Jul 28 2017, 07:46 AM
Awsome!

Thanks to everyone for a great game!

Cat =^..^=

Qivis
Jul 28 2017, 07:52 AM

Docperk, it also helps load faster in some cases if you do not clear your temporary internet files and browser cache too often. Once a week is often enough for me, but I know some who clear everything when the browser is closed. The game and Facebook both use "cookies" for files that need to load consistently from one time to the next when using the pages. (Thankfully they are not the fattening type of cookies! :D )

WyoSugar
Jul 28 2017, 07:59 AM
Thank you Raul and your wonderful team for a great game :)

Denise Dianna
Jul 28 2017, 09:01 AM
Good news regarding Flash. I immediately thought of Farmtown when I heard about that.

Thanks Raul!

barbara nixon
Jul 28 2017, 09:18 AM
thank you devs for always supporting your players..great game..

MaryinVA
Jul 28 2017, 10:19 AM
Hi MaryinVA,

Taz is not available at the moment.

When i tried this it did not load the ones needing pectin as i had none at the time. Could you have sent anyone ingredients to make the products in that factory? If you did that's how you got the pectin as you get some as well.
The counter actually did say I had 0 pectin to start. And the facilities loaded 100%, so even if I only had a little, it wouldn't have filled up. (But I didn't send or ask for ingredients anyway.)

Also, when I click "start one" now, it says it can't produce because I don't have any pectin, but on the two products that don't need pectin, the message was that I was at maximum capacity.

Now that a few hours have gone by, I checked again, and it is actually manufacturing the products. I hit the "store" button, and then checked my storage, and sure enough I have a batch of cherry jelly (the only one I specifically checked on).

Maybe it will all go away after I've reloaded a few times, but at least I'm working on producing pectin.

Taz D
Jul 28 2017, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the updates! We appreciate your dedication and hard work. Is there any way we can get sort buttons in the planting screen? I'd love to be able to sort by length of time to grow, then by stored amount so I can plant certain things. Even a non-ingredients sort would be nice so I don't plant things I don't need. :) Just a thought.
Hi lvlrsSweetPea,
You already have the sort buttons for the seeds. Click on the AZ filter and you can sort by level required, harvest time, amount stored and a couple others.

SusieB
Jul 28 2017, 11:54 AM
So glad you're addressing that Adobe issue too!

Missy Lou
Jul 28 2017, 11:56 AM
tytyty
and thnx for letting us know about the Adobe Flash support. So happy to hear you are on top of it :)

debsweb3
Jul 28 2017, 12:05 PM
Thank you Slashkey for always keeping up with the times!! You guys/gals ROCK :)

theriversong
Jul 28 2017, 01:05 PM
Cannot find the trolley car in the store. When I do a search, it comes up but finding the location in the store has not worked. I would assume it would be under motion but I am not finding it there or under any other category. Could you please check this and let me know where it is? Thank you!

marymarcel
Jul 28 2017, 01:26 PM
Cannot find the trolley car in the store. When I do a search, it comes up but finding the location in the store has not worked. I would assume it would be under motion but I am not finding it there or under any other category. Could you please check this and let me know where it is? Thank you!

Hi theriversong :)

The trolley car is under Trains/Ships tab in the Store.

SANDIE39
Jul 28 2017, 01:56 PM
You guys do awesome work, thanks and keep up the great job!!!!!

sdsickinger
Jul 28 2017, 02:13 PM
Hi sdsickinger,
I am not sure I woulod sell my Non-ingredients just yet. There will be 2 more service facilities released next week that will use some of those currently non-ingredients.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

I just checked and I have a number amount in my non-ingredients (for me).
I have tried all that you suggested and I still have the NaN in the $ amount.

Also just FYI I wrote some months ago about my farm # 17 appearing like someone is on the farm when they are not. It's still that way even after all I have done and after many months. It's frustrating because that's the farm I want as my default as that is where my trains are, and is a reminder to check them daily.
Thanks again

Taz D
Jul 28 2017, 02:38 PM

Also just FYI I wrote some months ago about my farm # 17 appearing like someone is on the farm when they are not. It's still that way even after all I have done and after many months. It's frustrating because that's the farm I want as my default as that is where my trains are, and is a reminder to check them daily.
Thanks again
Hi sdsickinger,
As Farmer Susan answered you, this most likely means you have such a high amount that the location for that number can't display it because the amount is too large. I have looked at your storage and agree with her because you have very high numbers for everything in your storage.
So just go ahead and sell your non-ingredients and you will get the right amount of coins.
There isn't anything we can do about your farm 17 opening with the chat window open. The only thing you can do is close that when you get to that farm.

MadamePondarosa
Jul 28 2017, 02:49 PM
I normally have trees on when seeding so its faster to irrigate. If I hide the trees, the red pattern from trees or flowers cover all plowed fields. Even if I turn the tree/flowers back on, the red patterns are even covering above the tree tops. Please fix this

Taz D
Jul 28 2017, 02:54 PM
I normally have trees on when seeding so its faster to irrigate. If I hide the trees, the red pattern from trees or flowers cover all plowed fields. Even if I turn the tree/flowers back on, the red patterns are even covering above the tree tops. Please fix this
Hi MadamePonderosa,
When you turn those back on all you need to do refresh the farm and the red squares go away.

Boy Wonder
Jul 28 2017, 03:50 PM
FarmTown forever.

MadamePondarosa
Jul 28 2017, 04:03 PM
Hi MadamePonderosa,
When you turn those back on all you need to do refresh the farm and the red squares go away.

Your surely misunderstood Taz. I'm aware of that, but this is different. Happened after this release. Before, plowed fields were dominant over the red squares and you could see where to sow. No, the red square pattern totally covers plowed fields and also covering trees. Could not see where I pointed to sow. I know its just to reload, the point is that it was not like this before last update.
Also earlier, I discovered half of the buildings/trees/items on top side of farm was permanent cut. Didnt show when hoover over like it used to. Just cutted until reloaded. Since you are fixing bugs I though you might wanna know

NJones277
Jul 28 2017, 07:36 PM
A little display problem on my farm 33. Everything was fine yesterday, but when I got on this morning, I have crops in the same field (ex: green beans) where some squares are "above" the rest of the field. Also had some bare spots on the biggest field. And, can't see part of my fence although I know it's there because I thought it was my mistake and tried to replace it, but couldn't - there's something there I can't see.

I cleared memcache, cleared browser history, rebooted, tried two different browsers (IE and Chrome)... No difference

Thanks in advance for your help, and thanks to the devs for always coming up with something new.

Taz D
Jul 28 2017, 07:56 PM
A little display problem on my farm 33. Everything was fine yesterday, but when I got on this morning, I have crops in the same field (ex: green beans) where some squares are "above" the rest of the field. Also had some bare spots on the biggest field. And, can't see part of my fence although I know it's there because I thought it was my mistake and tried to replace it, but couldn't - there's something there I can't see.

I cleared memcache, cleared browser history, rebooted, tried two different browsers (IE and Chrome)... No difference

Thanks in advance for your help, and thanks to the devs for always coming up with something new.
Hi NJones,
I have looked at your farm 33 and do not see any problems in the crops. No bare spots in the rice or green bean fields where some are above the rest in the green beans.
I only see one fence missing at the lower corner where the rice and green beans come together with the flowers in between. I am not sure if you had one there to continue the run all the way across.

NJones277
Jul 28 2017, 08:13 PM
Hi NJones,
I have looked at your farm 33 and do not see any problems in the crops. No bare spots in the rice or green bean fields where some are above the rest in the green beans.
I only see one fence missing at the lower corner where the rice and green beans come together with the flowers in between. I am not sure if you had one there to continue the run all the way across.

Thanks Taz. I've completely shut down and brought everything back up. I still see the same problem. Sorry you don't see it. As for the fence, yes there is only one that's not showing. Maybe I'll redo the fields that are acting up. Thanks again.

Taz D
Jul 28 2017, 08:17 PM
Thanks Taz. I've completely shut down and brought everything back up. I still see the same problem. Sorry you don't see it. As for the fence, yes there is only one that's not showing. Maybe I'll redo the fields that are acting up. Thanks again.
Hi NJones,
Yes redoing the fields may help with the missing areas. Be sure you delete all of them and then restart your farms look again to see if any come back and repeat that until you only see the grass in those areas.

maggiel29
Jul 29 2017, 04:33 AM
Just a thought - now we have a Jam & Jelly fac and a Food Preserve Fac couldnt the Strawberry Jam, Blackberry Jam and Orange Marmalade be moved to the Jam and Jelly Fac? Or they be combined? And I guess you have plans for the one that produces Pectin. Otherwise I love this release and I really really appreciate your hard work.

marymarcel
Jul 29 2017, 07:09 AM
Just a thought - now we have a Jam & Jelly fac and a Food Preserve Fac couldnt the Strawberry Jam, Blackberry Jam and Orange Marmalade be moved to the Jam and Jelly Fac? Or they be combined? And I guess you have plans for the one that produces Pectin. Otherwise I love this release and I really really appreciate your hard work.

Hi maggiel29 :)

If you want to make a suggestion, please post it in our Suggestion section where we gather all the suggestions about each subject area for the developers.

You cant open a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to that section:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

marymarcel
Jul 29 2017, 07:11 AM
Hi all :)

From Raul's notes for the New Release:

Known Issues:

- If you have trees on top of plow fields and you hide the trees, the red squares are completely hiding the plowed fields below the trees.

Abagail's Farm
Jul 29 2017, 01:43 PM
Thank you for the updates and keeping us informed! :D

maggiel29
Jul 29 2017, 02:13 PM
Hi maggiel29 :)

If you want to make a suggestion, please post it in our Suggestion section where we gather all the suggestions about each subject area for the developers.

You cant open a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to that section:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

OK Mary will do. BTW sorted my browser problems - it was the internet connection - need a new telephone point.

marymarcel
Jul 29 2017, 02:20 PM
OK Mary will do. BTW sorted my browser problems - it was the internet connection - need a new telephone point.

Glad to hear it is fixed maggiel :)

Alexandra_J
Jul 29 2017, 02:32 PM
Will we always get 3 producing factories and one client factory from now on. When the mobile accessories factory comes out will that also be a client or producing factory. Because normally we get 2 producing and 2 clients

marymarcel
Jul 29 2017, 02:35 PM
Will we always get 3 producing factories and one client factory from now on. When the mobile accessories factory comes out will that also be a client or producing factory. Because normally we get 2 producing and 2 clients

Hi Cornish Lil Princess :)

I'm sorry but we dont have an answer for you. Only the developers know which facilities they are going to release and they dont tell us.

Alexandra_J
Jul 29 2017, 03:00 PM
Hi Cornish Lil Princess :)

I'm sorry but we dont have an answer for you. Only the developers know which facilities they are going to release and they dont tell us.

Ok thanks for a quick reply

nanhoo
Jul 29 2017, 04:44 PM
Thank you for the new things and explanations.

Dan H
Jul 29 2017, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the surprise release!!!

Harvesting with my friend again and the top of his farm is cut off. :(

Only seems to happen on the first farm we get to. Then when we move to the next they are all ok.

Yep, chopped off tops still occurring: just now harvested a neighbor and experienced this issue. When arriving at the first farm all looks OK. The pop up box with 'tornado made a big mess~' comes up and after clicking 'Yes~', all is still OK, then clicking the next button 'buy and use ~' the top of the farm goes into the chopped off display. I immediately went to the neighbors next farm and then returned to the first farm and the display is normal. Everything remained normal during harvest on multiple farms. Seems like it is just the first farm that is having the problem.

Aussie Rae
Jul 29 2017, 05:38 PM
Yep, chopped off tops still occurring: just now harvested a neighbor and experienced this issue. When arriving at the first farm all looks OK. The pop up box with 'tornado made a big mess~' comes up and after clicking 'Yes~', all is still OK, then clicking the next button 'buy and use ~' the top of the farm goes into the chopped off display. I immediately went to the neighbors next farm and then returned to the first farm and the display is normal. Everything remained normal during harvest on multiple farms. Seems like it is just the first farm that is having the problem.

what game are you playing, I have never had a pop up message re a tornado nor a button "buy and use". LOL

Taz D
Jul 29 2017, 06:30 PM
what game are you playing, I have never had a pop up message re a tornado nor a button "buy and use". LOL
Hi Aussie Rae,
It is when you go to visit a neighbor's farm there are several different things you can get, such as crops are dry where you need to Buy a water hose and Use it.

mcdaddie
Jul 29 2017, 10:44 PM

Thanks again

Hello sdsickinger, Good luck with your farm #17 problem. If you have the same problem I do, closing the chat box is not a fix for the real problem. You probably can't invite someone to visit you there either, because when they get there, you can't see them nor them see you. Hard to hire them or sell products when you have no one to click on. Mine has been doing this for YEARS and have never heard of a fix. If you took the time to check closely, this may be happening on more than one of your farms.

Taz D
Jul 30 2017, 12:21 AM
Farm Town loading slow:
Please note, I have sent an email to the developers to check on this and see if they can determine where the problem is.
If you need to post about this please post int he Help & Support thread about Game Running Slow as that is where we are grouping all the posts concerning this issue. Here is a link to theat thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504374

Aussie Rae
Jul 30 2017, 04:35 AM
Hi Aussie Rae,
It is when you go to visit a neighbor's farm there are several different things you can get, such as crops are dry where you need to Buy a water hose and Use it.

yes, I have had those type of message but never the tornado or the other message..lol

Jean's Farm
Jul 31 2017, 06:34 PM
Working with my friend again and I just got hired for his farm and the top is cut off again. It seems to correct it's self when we go to the next farm. Just glad there is nothing to do on the first farm where it is cut off.

marymarcel
Jul 31 2017, 06:38 PM
Working with my friend again and I just got hired for his farm and the top is cut off again. It seems to correct it's self when we go to the next farm. Just glad there is nothing to do on the first farm where it is cut off.

Hi Jean :)

The developers are aware of the problem and working to fix it.

Just a couple of questions, is that friend also your neighbor? if so, did you go to their farm to be hired and before that did you receive the message to help them with the water hose, rake etc..?

Jean's Farm
Aug 01 2017, 07:35 AM
Hi Jean :)

The developers are aware of the problem and working to fix it.

Just a couple of questions, is that friend also your neighbor? if so, did you go to their farm to be hired and before that did you receive the message to help them with the water hose, rake etc..?

He is a neighbor. We start at my farm. He comes to my farm.....I hire him there......we go from farm to farm and chat........when he is finished with the last farm he hires me for his farms. When I get to his first farm I get the message to help rake, etc before I can start. He said my farms have been fine. It is just the first farm he hired me for that does it. And I noticed last night it was both top edges of the farm.

We meet up again on Wednesday this week. We will try starting at his farms first and let you know what happens that way.

He comes to my farm by sending the message asking if he can join me.

Tiger
Aug 01 2017, 07:58 AM
He is a neighbor. We start at my farm. He comes to my farm.....I hire him there......we go from farm to farm and chat........when he is finished with the last farm he hires me for his farms. When I get to his first farm I get the message to help rake, etc before I can start. He said my farms have been fine. It is just the first farm he hired me for that does it. And I noticed last night it was both top edges of the farm.

We meet up again on Wednesday this week. We will try starting at his farms first and let you know what happens that way.

Hi Jean's Farm,

Its when you click to help water etc that tiggers the error. In the meantime, after doing the help, until this is fixed, you should be able to refresh the farm you are on by clicking the yellow box in the farm grid top left of your game screen, and then the display should correct.

Petuniaflower
Aug 01 2017, 02:42 PM
Raul I loved reading this:

We already started working on migrating the FarmTown game away from Flash and onto a newer and more resilient platform.

With the problems Flash can sometimes cause.Figuring what my age will be Hmmm. Could you hurry? the thought of the game running smother and fasteris something to look forward to!

Texas Belle
Aug 01 2017, 04:00 PM
Raul I loved reading this:

We already started working on migrating the FarmTown game away from Flash and onto a newer and more resilient platform.

With the problems Flash can sometimes cause.Figuring what my age will be Hmmm. Could you hurry? the thought of the game running smother and fasteris something to look forward to!

Haha, Petunia, I was thinking the same thing when I read the year, maybe i will not even be here by that time, hope he does hurry and makes the game better for us before that happens.. :)

Jean's Farm
Aug 02 2017, 06:29 PM

Hi Jean's Farm,

Its when you click to help water etc that tiggers the error. In the meantime, after doing the help, until this is fixed, you should be able to refresh the farm you are on by clicking the yellow box in the farm grid top left of your game screen, and then the display should correct.

We did his first tonight and it cut off both mine and his when we got the help request. We never noticed it before cause when he comes to my farm he doesn't harvest the first farm he lands on. We'll just keep refreshing when it happens. Just wanted to let you know so you can pass it on to Raul. :)

Taz D
Aug 02 2017, 10:38 PM
Raul has just posted:

perryalexander
Aug 02 2017, 11:31 PM
Raul has just posted:

The new "Taste" facilities are nice but way out of proportion to the existing facilities. The people look the size of carnival figures! Putting them by existing facilities makes them look like Gulliver with the Lilliputians. Can they shrink them a bit

maggiel29
Aug 04 2017, 04:13 AM
Raul has just posted:

The new "Taste" facilities are nice but way out of proportion to the existing facilities. The people look the size of carnival figures! Putting them by existing facilities makes them look like Gulliver with the Lilliputians. Can they shrink them a bit

They fit in well with the people who often look silly next to buildings and facs.

KnittyGirl
Aug 06 2017, 08:14 AM
I don't know if this has been addressed yet but here goes: when I go to full screen to do my farms, everything is fine until I want to water by using the watering can - I can't switch back to any other tool unless I reload the farm. Also, I have to use the "escape" button in order to get out of full screen. The watering issue has happened before but was corrected before I had a chance to report it. Thank you!!

marymarcel
Aug 06 2017, 08:34 AM
I don't know if this has been addressed yet but here goes: when I go to full screen to do my farms, everything is fine until I want to water by using the watering can - I can't switch back to any other tool unless I reload the farm. Also, I have to use the "escape" button in order to get out of full screen. The watering issue has happened before but was corrected before I had a chance to report it. Thank you!!

Hi KnittyGirl :)

I just tried what you are describing in 2 of my farms and had no problems. I was able to water my flowers using the water can in full screen and then I was able to switch tools.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), a new window will open with a short list of unsettings, close that window and your farm if it was open during the clearing. Then reopen your farm and check the water can again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

If the problem continues, please post a response here and also let us know which browser you are using. Thank you :)

KnittyGirl
Aug 06 2017, 09:23 AM
Hi KnittyGirl :)

I just tried what you are describing in 2 of my farms and had no problems. I was able to water my flowers using the water can in full screen and then I was able to switch tools.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), a new window will open with a short list of unsettings, close that window and your farm if it was open during the clearing. Then reopen your farm and check the water can again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached

If the problem continues, please post a response here and also let us know which browser you are using. Thank you :)

Thank you. I'll do that.

Qivis
Aug 12 2017, 06:11 PM
Have they made improvements to the speed Raul didn't tell us about or is it the latest driver update to my Nvidia video card that is making Farm Town very suddenly mucho rapido? :D

Jack Parks
Aug 13 2017, 06:54 PM
Thank you! :)

BarbLH
Aug 14 2017, 12:29 AM
Great release as always, thanks to all!

I'm curious, though...the Release Memo states, "...We already started working on migrating the FarmTown game away from Flash and onto a newer and more resilient platform." What IS the new platform - have the devs shared that information with the mods? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Taz D
Aug 14 2017, 10:30 AM
Great release as always, thanks to all!

I'm curious, though...the Release Memo states, "...We already started working on migrating the FarmTown game away from Flash and onto a newer and more resilient platform." What IS the new platform - have the devs shared that information with the mods? Inquiring minds want to know :)
Hi BarbLH,
No the developers have not shared that information. Please keep in mind that Flash will not be going away until 2020 so they have 3 years to do this.

Greatgig
Aug 14 2017, 05:58 PM
Ok, this is most definitely a new one for me. Loaded my farm 33 this morning and got a pop-up message stating that I had too many facilities on this farm and that I needed to move some or productions would be decreased? I didn't move anything but have gone to that farm several times today and haven't gotten the message again. Anyone else had this happen?

Taz D
Aug 14 2017, 06:16 PM
Ok, this is most definitely a new one for me. Loaded my farm 33 this morning and got a pop-up message stating that I had too many facilities on this farm and that I needed to move some or productions would be decreased? I didn't move anything but have gone to that farm several times today and haven't gotten the message again. Anyone else had this happen?
Hi Greatgig,
Even though it says facilities what the message is telling you is that you have too many items on that farm. With trees layered over staggered/layered crops and facilities you are in danger of the database for that farm being maxed out. When that happens you may lose some items off of that farm.

Greatgig
Aug 16 2017, 11:48 AM
Hi Greatgig,
Even though it says facilities what the message is telling you is that you have too many items on that farm. With trees layered over staggered/layered crops and facilities you are in danger of the database for that farm being maxed out. When that happens you may lose some items off of that farm.

Taz, how come this is just now happening when I haven't added anything to this farm? And yesterday I did remove many trees and several rows of plots and am still having the same problem. Went to empty my trains that were supposed to be ready only to find that they had been emptied and were sitting idle. Today I moved several facilities to another farm and find that at least one of my trains are empty and idle again even though it was refilled AND according to my "show times" button my turbo train is now back and ready to empty but when I go to do so it says it still has 2 days out.

Taz D
Aug 16 2017, 12:01 PM
Taz, how come this is just now happening when I haven't added anything to this farm? And yesterday I did remove many trees and several rows of plots and am still having the same problem. Went to empty my trains that were supposed to be ready only to find that they had been emptied and were sitting idle. Today I moved several facilities to another farm and find that at least one of my trains are empty and idle again even though it was refilled AND according to my "show times" button my turbo train is now back and ready to empty but when I go to do so it says it still has 2 days out.
Hi Greatgig,
As far as I know this is a new message that has been added to try to prevent overloading that would cause things to disappear or not function correctly such as your trains.
Please post all the train problem specifics in the Help & Support subject thread about Trains so we can check each for you.

EditI have looked at your trains on that farm and the Turbo is idle and needs to be dispatched and the ultimate one is ready to be unloaded.

Greatgig
Aug 16 2017, 03:40 PM
Hi Greatgig,
As far as I know this is a new message that has been added to try to prevent overloading that would cause things to disappear or not function correctly such as your trains.
Please post all the train problem specifics in the Help & Support subject thread about Trains so we can check each for you.

EditI have looked at your trains on that farm and the Turbo is idle and needs to be dispatched and the ultimate one is ready to be unloaded.

Yes, that is true, but the Turbo was loaded yesterday and sent out and today I get back and it's empty and idle again.

Taz D
Aug 16 2017, 03:48 PM
Yes, that is true, but the Turbo was loaded yesterday and sent out and today I get back and it's empty and idle again.
Hi Greatgig,
I have run the train data clearing. You will need to close your farms if they are open and reopen them and check them. The Turbo I am sure you will have to dispatch again.

Texas Belle
Aug 22 2017, 03:29 PM
Is it time to close this thread?

marymarcel
Aug 23 2017, 07:42 AM
Hi all :)

I am now closing this thread. Thank you so much to all of you for your feedback and questions.

While we wait for the New Release please feel free to post any problems in Help & Support (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1), any feedback in General Feedback (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186) and your ideas in our Suggestion section. (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)