PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- August 24th, 2017

Raul
Aug 24 2017, 09:30 PM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on September 8th, 8:30PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features and bug fixes: En Español AQUI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631162)

1. 25 New Levels: New decorations located in the 'Trees', 'Buildings', 'Farm Decor', 'Motion' and 'Others' categories in the Store.

2. Last 6 expansions for Farm 33: See prices below:

34x34 - 22500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
36x36 - 23000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
38x38 - 23500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
40x40 - 24000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
42x42 - 24500000000 coins or 30 FarmCash
44x44 - 25000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

3. Belts and Dans for the next 25 Facilities: Lumberjack Supplies Factory, Jewish Restaurant, Sign Factory, Jamaican Restaurant, Indonesian Restaurant, Realtor Supplies Factory, Winter Sports Supplies, Rug and Mat Factory, Mexican Restaurant, Western Supplies Factory, Bar Supplies Factory, Native American Restaurant, Plumbing Supplies Factory, Landscaping Supplies Factory, Cargo Port Supplies Factory, Italian Restaurant, Photography Supplies Factory, Marina Supplies Factory, Filipino Restaurant, Locksmith Supplies Factory, Moroccan Restaurant, Deli, Food Ingredients Factory, Mobile Accessories Factory and Jam and Jelly Factory.

4. Dan 7 for All Facilities: Before today, when you reached Dan 6 for a facility product, from that point on, every time you started a batch for that product there was a 42% chance that the ingredients will not come from you but from the Mayor.

Starting today, when you reach Dan 7 for any facility product, from that point on, every time you start a batch for that product there will be a 48% chance (an increase in 6%) that the ingredients will not come from you but from the Mayor. So the more products you have in Dan 7, the less ingredients will be required to produce more of them.

5. Continued working in the Local Chains feature: We estimate we will be able to release the first part of this feature in about 2 weeks, we will post the final rules then.

6. Decreased time between Ship Preparations to 20 Hours: Before today, to prepare a new ship you would have to wait 24 Hours since the preparation of your last ship, today we decreased that time to 20 Hours. This will make it easier for you to work on your ships and do the same operations at around the same hours every day.

Note: Although the time between Ship Preparations was decreased to 20 Hours, the maximum time you have to prepare a ship will continue to be 24 Hours. Also, as before, you can have only one ship being prepared at any moment in time.

7. Other Minor Improvements:

a) When unhiding items in the farm, the red squares will now disappear
b) Bugfix: When visiting neighbours, sometimes the items in the farm close to the top edges were cutoff
c) Bugfix: When hiding items in the farm, sometimes the red lines were displayed on top of the other items that remained visible in the farm

8. Mobile Carrier Store (FC): Provides Mobile Carrier Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Mobile Accessories Factory.

9. Jams Palace (Coins): Provides Jam and Jelly Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Jam and Jelly Factory.

10. Taste of China (FC): Provides China Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Chinese Restaurant.

11. Taste of Japan (FC): Provides Japan Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Hibachi Japanese Restaurant.

12. Taste of France (FC): Provides France Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the French Restaurant.

13. Taste of Thailand (Coins): Provides Thailand Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Thai Restaurant.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - August 25th, 6:00PM

- Released Dan 7th for all facility products. Notice is much more challenging to reach Dan 7th, it should be as difficult as achieving all the previous 6 Dans combined.

Post-Release Updates - August 30th, 12:30AM

- Added Dan 7 for baits
- When selecting the extended mode crop tools and going back to the Store screen to pick a different seed, instead of the generic Store with all the categories you will see only the crops category
- BugFix: There was an error when adding animals to the item storage
- BugFix: After harvesting a farm, when opening the Store, the crops order was not updated based on the new stored amount

Post-Release Updates - August 31th, 4:15PM

- BugFix: Incorrect benefit percentages shown for Dans achievements in all facility products.

Post-Release Updates - September 6th, 8:15PM

- Released 25 New Levels, see more details at the beginning of this post.

Post-Release Updates - September 8th, 8:30PM

- Released the Taste of France and Taste of Thailand Service Facilities. These were not the facilities we had intended to release next but these are the ones we have ready right now, and due to Hurricane Irma, we don't know yet when we are going to be able to complete the other facilities.

And no, we are not taking any risks right now to release these facilities, we are basically waiting for the event. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Known Issue:
Problems with posting to Facebook. This issue has been reported to the developers and it appears to be a Facebook issue. More on this in the following thread link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631682

Taz D
Aug 24 2017, 09:31 PM
Thank you Raul!

L.A.Bob
Aug 24 2017, 09:33 PM
Thanks Raul!!!!

JAS0643
Aug 24 2017, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the update.

bruhelmboldt
Aug 24 2017, 10:15 PM
Thanks Raul and team!!

Greatgig
Aug 24 2017, 10:20 PM
Thanks Raul & team. So far I've found new service facilities and the upgrades to farm 33.

beverduster
Aug 24 2017, 10:47 PM
woo hoo got my farm cash in time

Dan H
Aug 24 2017, 11:05 PM
Pleasant surprise tonight - I've added the new facilities, so far. Looking at some of the other stuff. Waiting for the details coming later - Thanks Dev's!!

DCN-Toujours
Aug 25 2017, 02:18 AM
What a GREAT Surprise!! Was expecting new release sometime this weekend - going to shop now!! Thank you so much, Raul & Devs!!

Queen.of.Clutter
Aug 25 2017, 02:41 AM
Nice to get the release a bit early, but Wow !! Now we are up to FOUR Farm Cash Facilities - 122 Farm Cash for this release, but only 25 Farm Cash is given to us every THREE MONTHS. It's getting really hard to afford this game anymore.

corogirl
Aug 25 2017, 02:52 AM
Nice to get the release a bit early, but Wow !! Now we are up to FOUR Farm Cash Facilities - 122 Farm Cash for this release, but only 25 Farm Cash is given to us every THREE MONTHS. It's getting really hard to afford this game anymore.

I agree. I am fast coming to the stage where I am going to stop playing. I did give up for a year or so because of the cost.

RozeeS
Aug 25 2017, 03:10 AM

I totally agree. I love this game but it's getting harder and harder to keep up with everything released with Farm Cash and because I love the game so much naturally I want to get all the new facilities released. And space on my farm is getting squeezed with crop growing and trees and finding the coins to upgrade and get more farms upgrades is taking much longer.

There has to be a limited to what people can afford and what people are prepared to pay in terms of an online game. I feel Farm Town is adding more and more FC facilities recently and increases are not made to those Farm Cash facilities we have to use for some of them and we end up having to buy multiples of the same FC facilities to fill those that require items from them. I still struggle to fill some of my Client factories with some items.

I am sure there will be a time when I say enough is enough and quit; but for now I keep going. I feel sure that when I am overwhelmed with so many facilities I need to buy with FC for quests etc I will probably not want to play anymore. It like chasing a rainbow one never gets close and it never ends!

JuliaK
Aug 25 2017, 03:22 AM
Hi all, awesome update (bit costly when both hubby and wife play separately) but I do have an opinion I would like to share and by all means you can move it to the appropriate forum if need be...;

First off, thanks for the update and once again delivering the Best game on Facebook... I have been a 'farmer' since way back dot when we had to do everything manually one by one and I for one will always keep up with the game changes but I do feel for those who are either just starting out on lower levels or those who cannot for whatever reason afford to be able to spend $$ each month to keep up.. I know the amount of real money I have invested in my farms and as well my hubby and can understand when people have a whinge or a moan about the costs... BUT farmers there are 2 sides to every story and you have to remember this is a FREE game if you want it to be... the choice is always yours, conceding without some of the FC facilities you cannot always fully participate in some of the Quests.. but it does still come back to personal choice..

I am sure whilst it is free to us, there must be costs involved with the servers and the developer costs (please correct me if I am wrong) I do see both sides of the coin so to speak.. spare a thought for anyone just starting out coz I do see of lot of new players give up once they realize there is a big $ cost involved. Whilst there will always be the devoted or addicted, it is time to be addressing the issue of costing...

The game has changed so much since inception... the tools etc are awesome. From reading comments in the forum the Devs are always under pressure to come up with something new to satisfy a demand but maybe it is time to step back, make sure everything is working at 100% and players need to accept there might not always be a monthly update with heaps of new stuff.

billypanther
Aug 25 2017, 03:31 AM
thank you - always a joy , when you release an update :-)

kahra01
Aug 25 2017, 03:48 AM
Thank you Raul and other Devs for the great game but the FC aspect for facs really is getting out of hand since introducing of the Taste for Facs. I will now just learn to play without them.. 2 FC facs a month is all I can afford to do. I'm thinking I'm not the only one that is having a problem with the FC grab. Sensational game and played from the start but its getting financially out of my reach.

maggiel29
Aug 25 2017, 04:02 AM
Thank you Raul - especially for reducing the time between ships to 20 hours. Good to see some more "Taste of Facilties" working on my food expo farm :)

zee5758
Aug 25 2017, 04:20 AM
Thanks Raul!!!!

Thanks again for new items and bug fixes etc. Looking forward to the new levels! :D

Stu3
Aug 25 2017, 05:30 AM
There are 18 Trees on Gift and Everytime i refresh the ones in my storage Vanish im losing hundreds of gift trees because of this issue. looks like the game is going to be a snail pace loading to since Update

macwinter
Aug 25 2017, 05:34 AM
Thank you for the great and early update.

bluehair
Aug 25 2017, 05:53 AM
meh I am thankful to get farm cash for free plus doing the quests you can earn up to 6 farm cash as week.

I dont bother buy FC facilities now I just buy tools

mrsdont
Aug 25 2017, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the update.Going to need a 2nd job to keep up with the FC again. 4FC facs a month. Time you upped the quests FC and double the fc for a level to compensate for this

Walkies
Aug 25 2017, 06:32 AM
brilliant news about the 20 hours for the ships! absolutely brilliant!

Sandraneta
Aug 25 2017, 07:02 AM
A thousand thanks! I simply love this game. Thanks for making it one of the highlights of my day. :)

Jean's Farm
Aug 25 2017, 07:19 AM

I agree.....6 new facilities.....two are coins??? To bad. I like the new ones tho.

Sandraneta
Aug 25 2017, 07:42 AM
I've been playing since May 2009. Truly love the game and I am committed to it. The Developers have introduced various elements to keep the game interesting and interactive. Nonetheless, I agree with you that larger and more frequent Farm Cash Rewards ought to be provided, especially to gamers who invest faithfully in the game every single month.

leighwj1960
Aug 25 2017, 07:47 AM
meh I am thankful to get farm cash for free plus doing the quests you can earn up to 6 farm cash as week.

I dont bother buy FC facilities now I just buy tools

Since I can never get higher than 8th place in the Neighborhood Chains I don't even bother trying, just concentrate on what I can do (quests and ships).

Sandraneta
Aug 25 2017, 07:59 AM
Since I can never get higher than 8th place in the Neighborhood Chains I don't even bother trying, just concentrate on what I can do (quests and ships).

This is not a complaint, simply an observation/suggestion to the developers. Clearly, I appreciate all that the Developers do and give. No doubt about it. Personally, with the exception of two 50 FC animal facilities, I have purchased every FC facility and play all the Facility games. They are enjoyable to me and my neighbors who play. The great thing is that everyone has the right to choose what they are willing to do. I suppose that if and when the game becomes cost prohibitive, people will stop playing, or like you, choose what they are able to play. Cheers. :)

cassi2m
Aug 25 2017, 08:03 AM
It took almost a year to listen on the ship 20 hour suggestion, now what about the other suggestions that I submitted last year from a panel of select people, who like me, have a lot of money invested in the game? What about the tool to auto load when ships sit in our port and it angers people Still?

I am still respectfully requesting a tool to Auto Load ships waiting in OUR ports to be filled by US. I do not participate in the ships due to this and other reasons. I still do not like the ship rules, time, monotony necessary to sit and fill the containers one by one. I realize that you did speed up filling of containers. I helped a friend with hers and was amazed that it only took 4 minutes to fill each container. That was a wonderful surprise but that's only if you are hanging out in the game 24/7 or often.

I am still requesting more trains, 2 more sets to help with missing products ie: paper rolls, petrochemical products, inks, lumber..more below.

This may not be the proper section perhaps, but I think that old issues need to be addressed. ie: lack of Ink Output & Ratio Balance in the game for an example.

How many new releases put a further strain on the Red, Blue, Black, Yellow inks that one cannot produce enough of to make these products. I'd bet you a dollar that the new releases put a further strain on those and the Carbon Steel, lumber is still way off in Ratio needed to what we can produce.

If you need my list again, I can supply it. Josh created it and I passed it on to ya'll with my notations of what is lacking in production that is major that I had noticed, and yes still complaining about INKS. If we do not have inks, it brings our game to a halt. How many facs use Ink? I'd guess more than 75%, yet we have 1 factory for it Ink & Pigment, trains supply a small amount, and ships will supplement if, if one has time to keep up with them.

I have asked that Ships be boosted like trains, I guess ya'll didn't like that one, never came to fruition and I suggested this all last year to early this year. I've just hit a wall with the game, frustration, and after I've spent so much money on it, I don't want to give it up...but(?)

We are lopsided and not able to produce what is needed. I believe these things need to be addressed. Pearls are still off, Semi output needs to be raised to meet the needs, train output raised. We need you to support us in the game and provide what we need in order to play our games efficiently. I think I currently own 8 semi's, for example. I do not "ghost" my facs, nor do I have facs on every farm. My fellow players say I should. I believe I have 23 farms of facs & clients. If I put facs on every farm, it makes it harder on the little guy without 2 trains running to work my posts. Yet the game is forcing me to put facs on every farm.

It it will take people without 20 long cars running (train cars)
Break down here pause: you can run 2 trains of each engine type which means big money. In order to have the mayor do all farms with 1 click it is expensive. 20 Long cars x35ft cash each=700 ft cash + the engines 1 is 100k coins, others are all ft cash, 35, 40, 45, 50 ft cash each for engines if you want your products home to benefit your game in a timely manner. Otherwise you have to wait 6 days, if fully boosted to get the 100,000 coin black train home. We need help and relief. We come to play not stress out, can I make enough ___ fill in the blank. We need a in the Store > a filter Facilities Important to Me (my game), meaning that will guide us in what we need to buy.

I help or use to login to many accounts to help ppl configure their games. I taught them as I was taught you need 2 to 4 ratio of facs to support 1 client, otherwise you may not have enough stock to fill them when posting. Ok, that puts a further drag on the game in needing ingredients to produce. I have noticed a trend. People will buy FT cash Facs for quests, let's say they need the Client, but never realize that they were missing the Factory that produces to support the client.

A filter needs to be created in the Store showing what Facilities are needed to support or enhance Our game. I know that one can look at the Missing Facs filtering what is needed, but it's hard when there are so many. Also if we own all, we still need to know which facs are suggested to buy, in order to assist us with our game.

Friends will ask me to go in and look because I know what makes what and is supplied for which, normally what products are needed to produce each item. I look over their inventory quickly and help them resolve issues. I am not that "up" on the game with the most recent releases, have yet to see in the store what the new facs will require. I just loaded my game and my semi's are at 0% producing as a matter of fact. ...real life is in the way of my game play right now. Please consider a new Filter in the Store > Facs > Factory/Facility Importance to Me to help guide us in what to buy. :)

It is nice to have new releases of facs/clients however when it doesn't balance out, what's the use? And a poster stated above that we need more FC facs of the same type to run our game, ie: I own 3 air freshener facs yet still cannot produce what is needed to run facs owned.

Your suggestion is to probably reduce the amount of facs of certain types that I have running. Well I have those to make money for expansions on farms, etc. You may suggest that I work more posts, I don't have time, I'm a horrible neighbor but I guess my friends Love me...they are keeping me around. I have slowed down on my game the last month due to personal matters and was waiting to see what this next release was all about.

Thanks Guys for doing all that you do, the Tools are wonderful, always buying new tools...but Come On we still want a Flower Freezing (possible tree freezing as well) Tool. You give us these beautiful flowers and yet we have to freeze them one by one. horrible

farm link below, but if you go to Farm 13, I froze all of the flowers one by one. I locked down 8 farms for a week, made private ...one of my many suggestions...make farm private, btw... and hand froze my flowers on all of my Farm Town Cash Facility farms/deco farms. I hand froze all, and a friend asked me why I froze them why not allow ppl to cut them. I said because I have flower farms to be cut, these are my Decoration/farm town cash and facility/client farms. I don't want these cut, the farms will look horrible. All of my ft cash facs are now solid on the ground due to the game losing my facs. 13 disappeared from my game earlier this year. Rob fixed the issue, ty Rob :)

My default farm below if you wish to visit but I have a mess, still moving things around, arranging after necessity dictated that my ft cash facs/clients are put on ground, not over hanging and not in buildings. In fact they do not touch each other in hopes that they will NOT disappear again. I can monitor them this way with them all on these certain farms. It's working out nicely but interfering with productivity. ie cannot layer farms/trees, etc on these ft cash fac farms. They are my first 14 farms. The remainder have coin facs on them scattered throughout the remaining farms.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100001435536715&farm_ix=25

Sorry so long, ty for reading. Please move if needed to proper thread.
Just my honest opinions stated above.
Cathy
PS. As Always Yes A huge thank you for all that ya'll do! Now read above again and act upon suggestions, please. lol ;)
PSS. posting on my timeline to let my friends and nbrs know what I have suggested here and archiving my post on my hard drive for future reference.

Peyana
Aug 25 2017, 08:46 AM
Awesome updates! Can't wait for the new facilities!

barbara nixon
Aug 25 2017, 08:51 AM
thanks, keep up the good work...

Alexandra_J
Aug 25 2017, 09:00 AM
My bonus hasnt gone to my facebook wall but it's gone to request wall (my friend check theirs for me) normally it goes to both.

Also I've noticed farms are a bit slippy or jumpy with like harvesting crops for instance barley then randomly going to wasabi.

nancybl
Aug 25 2017, 10:11 AM
There have been issues since two releases prior to this one. I am still currently having problems with harvesting trees, you have to be precise to get them all, such as when one is maybe larger than another type, I have some farms that if the trees are planted close to the flowers, I have to hide trees to harvest them, I have a farm that some of my water can't be fished. It's really annoyin to me especially because I quit all zynga games because they would never get problems resolved, but here, usually they are done within a matter of days, but this has gone on for weeks now. And before I get the standard reply, yes, I have the current version of chrome, yes, I have tried on a different browser with the same results, yes, I have cleared computer memory cache and yes I have cleared farm town cache, yes I have windows 10. So I am pretty sure this is not only affectin me. I love this game and have been with it for many years now, but please address these issues. Thanks.

Farmer_Susan
Aug 25 2017, 10:18 AM
Wow! A new Dan level and 20 hour ships!!!!!! Happy, happy camper here! Off to buy new goodies. Thanks!

Texas Belle
Aug 25 2017, 10:20 AM
Thank you guys, as always y'all Rock.. now to go and play...

VondaK
Aug 25 2017, 10:22 AM
Thank you. Really enjoy the game. Good job ya'll.

Angel7
Aug 25 2017, 10:38 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the ship timing improvement - this is a GREAT thing.

Farmer_Susan
Aug 25 2017, 10:44 AM
Hi all, awesome update (bit costly when both hubby and wife play separately) but I do have an opinion I would like to share and by all means you can move it to the appropriate forum if need be...;

First off, thanks for the update and once again delivering the Best game on Facebook... I have been a 'farmer' since way back dot when we had to do everything manually one by one and I for one will always keep up with the game changes but I do feel for those who are either just starting out on lower levels or those who cannot for whatever reason afford to be able to spend $$ each month to keep up.. I know the amount of real money I have invested in my farms and as well my hubby and can understand when people have a whinge or a moan about the costs... BUT farmers there are 2 sides to every story and you have to remember this is a FREE game if you want it to be... the choice is always yours, conceding without some of the FC facilities you cannot always fully participate in some of the Quests.. but it does still come back to personal choice..

I am sure whilst it is free to us, there must be costs involved with the servers and the developer costs (please correct me if I am wrong) I do see both sides of the coin so to speak.. spare a thought for anyone just starting out coz I do see of lot of new players give up once they realize there is a big $ cost involved. Whilst there will always be the devoted or addicted, it is time to be addressing the issue of costing...

The game has changed so much since inception... the tools etc are awesome. From reading comments in the forum the Devs are always under pressure to come up with something new to satisfy a demand but maybe it is time to step back, make sure everything is working at 100% and players need to accept there might not always be a monthly update with heaps of new stuff.

Thanks for posting this, Julia. As a software developer myself, I can tell you that there are HUGE costs, not to mention time investments in rolling out and maintaining a game like this. Raul & team definitely have expenses and they also deserve to be paid a salary because this is (or may be) their livelihood. We really can't expect them to be delivering such an excellent product and not get paid for doing it. Or to have to put in 60 hours a week here and still work a 40 hour job because Farmtown isn't paying the bills.

One of the things I admire about this game is that you CAN play for free. You don't have to spend ANYTHING to play this game. Yes, it's harder, and yes, it's not as much fun, but the point is, they have found a way to make the game available to everyone, which I think is cool. I don't know of any other source of entertainment (movies, theater, concerts, restaurants, sports, etc.) where there's a "free section" for people who can't afford to do those things.

Sometimes I "gulp", too, when I see the cost of new items, but in my mind, just as with everything else in life, it's up to me to decide what I buy and what I don't. I'm free to choose. And I would NEVER feel that Raul et al shouldn't get paid for their efforts. This really is the best game out there. They deserve to be paid.

I'll hush now. Just feel strongly about this.

Dutch85
Aug 25 2017, 11:01 AM
Thank you for the great update Raul! I love it all and everything is working great for me! The "Taste of" facilities are SO cool...whoever designed them did an awesome job! They're so detailed! Looking forward to the rest that is coming!

Taz D
Aug 25 2017, 11:15 AM
There have been issues since two releases prior to this one. I am still currently having problems with harvesting trees, you have to be precise to get them all, such as when one is maybe larger than another type, I have some farms that if the trees are planted close to the flowers, I have to hide trees to harvest them, I have a farm that some of my water can't be fished. It's really annoyin to me especially because I quit all zynga games because they would never get problems resolved, but here, usually they are done within a matter of days, but this has gone on for weeks now. And before I get the standard reply, yes, I have the current version of chrome, yes, I have tried on a different browser with the same results, yes, I have cleared computer memory cache and yes I have cleared farm town cache, yes I have windows 10. So I am pretty sure this is not only affectin me. I love this game and have been with it for many years now, but please address these issues. Thanks.
Hi Nancy,
You should not have to hide the trees to get flowers if you have the Eye set to fully closed as the trees automatically hide when you are using the flower harvester.

Taz D
Aug 25 2017, 11:19 AM
Just a reminder to all.
If you wish to make a suggestion please post those in the Suggestions section and not in this release. The Suggestions section is where your suggestions are grouped by subject so that the developers can see them all together and choose the ones they can and wish to implement. You can not start a new thread there to keep them organized, but you can reply to a subject that fits your suggestions. Thank you.

Dulcinea
Aug 25 2017, 12:02 PM
11. Lingerie Factory (Coins) (coming in 1-2 weeks): Produces Womens Undergarments.

Ooo! We're getting a Victoria's Secret. My little icon buddy can't wait.

Time1ess
Aug 25 2017, 01:41 PM
Even though I found a workaround for the 24 hour ship prep, I was just wishing the other day for a 20 hour prep time for ships and voila...here it is! YAY!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

~ Sandra

flofarmer
Aug 25 2017, 02:20 PM
When I place my mouse over the item in a facility with a non-6th dan, I only see the phrase "no more dan degrees available at this time". The number in the lower left corner is 2. This use to show the quantity remaining to reach the next belt/dan.

nancybl
Aug 25 2017, 02:28 PM
Thanks, I'll try closing the eye...hope they fix the other issues as well.

Taz D
Aug 25 2017, 02:35 PM
When I place my mouse over the item in a facility with a non-6th dan, I only see the phrase "no more dan degrees available at this time". The number in the lower left corner is 2. This use to show the quantity remaining to reach the next belt/dan.
Hi flofarmer,
I am seeing this too. The new 7th dan is supposed to be released sometime today. It may be that they are working on those and it is causing thios currently. If it continues after Raul has posted the 7th dans have been released then we will let them know.

jeannine_p
Aug 25 2017, 02:44 PM
4 farm cash facs??? really???? thats a bit much, seriously! thanks for shortening the ship prep times, thats awesome! can you make it so the ships log stays to where you place people, with the option to still swap out when needed ? ive suggested it before, that would be incredibly helpful! thanks for the update!

flofarmer
Aug 25 2017, 02:52 PM
Thank you. I'll just start the 6th dan products for now!

Taz D
Aug 25 2017, 02:53 PM
Thank you. I'll just start the 6th dan products for now!
Hi flofarmer,
I haven't tried but it may start those anyway even though the information is incorrect. You might want to try one that is close to getting the next belt.

Ellsinore
Aug 25 2017, 05:28 PM
The 20-hour time for the ships will be very nice! Thank you!

As far as the FC cash facilities, I was a bit disappointed that there are so many of them, but only for a minute. I, too, am falling behind in the "have everything" department, but there's still plenty to have/do in the game. In the past, I was able to invest in the game monthly, but things changed. But a few times a year I can spend money on the game, and that's when I play catch-up with the facilities. The extended tools are pretty much out of my reach, but that's okay, too. With the other improvements in the game, yes, the tools would be nice, but my farms are still very workable.

And I'm very appreciative of those who CAN afford them that support the game in a way I can't right now so we can still have it! :-)

While it's nice to have free things, nothing is really "free." Someone has to pay for them. I, too, have a great deal of experience with what the InterWebs actually cost, and I think it's great that the Devs continue to find ways to pay the bills but still make the game fun for the ones who need the freebies. I quit the Zynga games long ago because it was not possible to play them without real money. I'm always grateful that Farm Town has never done that.

I also very much appreciate the fact that we don't get stuck if we can't buy FC facilities. The coin factories are linked to service facilities that are also available with coins. Requiring a FC factory to stock a coin service would be evil. :-D

I've also had a lot of experience with free open source projects. The big ones party on, but the smaller ones are dead because the Devs could no longer support them. They needed "real" jobs. We've all got bills to pay and any business that can't pay the bills isn't in business very long.

While I understand why some are frustrated, I think it might have more to do with their financial situation in general, rather than Farm Town specifically. I know my world was rocked overnight by a "medical event." Games are a great escape from all of that, but also a reminder that it's a challenge to pay the electric bill every month.

marymarcel
Aug 25 2017, 05:35 PM
Hi all :)

From Raul notes for the New Release

- Released Dan 7th for all facility products. Notice is much more challenging to reach Dan 7th, it should be as difficult as achieving all the previous 6 Dans combined.

RIAP27
Aug 25 2017, 06:13 PM
Just wanted to thank the devs for dropping Cargo ship prep time to 20 hours!! Now I should be able to keep all seen in proper rotation and not have them piling up in port! THANK YOU!

bridgetdunn
Aug 25 2017, 06:17 PM
why is all the new facilities farm cash it should be coins we all have a fix income and disable i really enjoy this game but its becoming a money hungry game and thats not fun anymore

Marilou1954
Aug 25 2017, 08:35 PM
Thank you Raul

Grumpdad
Aug 26 2017, 02:00 AM
I have noticed since this release that when I harvest, the crops are added to the crops in store, but they remain in the same position in the list after the crops are added and do not move until I either change the filter and then back again or reload the farm. If on another farm as a super neighbour, the crops are added and the crop moves to where it now should be in the list?
Thanks

bluehair
Aug 26 2017, 02:12 AM
why is all the new facilities farm cash it should be coins we all have a fix income and disable i really enjoy this game but its becoming a money hungry game and thats not fun anymore

they are not all farm cash some are coins

chrisbird
Aug 26 2017, 03:41 AM
Tyvm 4 up dates ....wish you could bring out something 2 make doing other's factories quicker....pretty please x

horsecrazy4life
Aug 26 2017, 06:25 AM
Thank you for the great update

peekachoo
Aug 26 2017, 06:31 AM
Hi folks, many thanks for another great update.

I have a problem, I'm trying to add peacocks to ordinary storage and am getting this message " Error saving data error X025 click the green tick to reload the game ".

marymarcel
Aug 26 2017, 07:40 AM
Hi folks, many thanks for another great update.

I have a problem, I'm trying to add peacocks to ordinary storage and am getting this message " Error saving data error X025 click the green tick to reload the game ".

Hi peekachoo :)

Thanks for your report. The developers have been informed about this issue and will try to fix it as soon as possible. :)

Queen.of.Clutter
Aug 26 2017, 08:41 AM
they are not all farm cash some are coins

ONE is for coins.... 3 were Farm Cash. In '1-2 weeks' when the other 2 are released, ANOTHER ONE will be Farm Cash, and ONE will be coins. 4 for Farm Cash; 2 for coins for this release.

Dutch85
Aug 26 2017, 09:00 AM
ONE is for coins.... 3 were Farm Cash. In '1-2 weeks' when the other 2 are released, ANOTHER ONE will be Farm Cash, and ONE will be coins. 4 for Farm Cash; 2 for coins for this release.

But they didn't release any new tools which usually cost 50FC, and the facilities only cost 30FC. So maybe they did take this into consideration when they released four FC facilities.

mcdaddie
Aug 26 2017, 09:15 AM
Tyvm 4 up dates ....wish you could bring out something 2 make doing other's factories quicker....pretty please x

Having two trains with at least 10 cars per train will make them go very fast. Also you can do multiple links at the same time using tabs. Each computer can do x amount of tabs.

mcdaddie
Aug 26 2017, 09:22 AM
Thanks for posting this, Julia. As a software developer myself, I can tell you that there are HUGE costs, not to mention time investments in rolling out and maintaining a game like this. Raul & team definitely have expenses and they also deserve to be paid a salary because this is (or may be) their livelihood. We really can't expect them to be delivering such an excellent product and not get paid for doing it. Or to have to put in 60 hours a week here and still work a 40 hour job because Farmtown isn't paying the bills.

One of the things I admire about this game is that you CAN play for free. You don't have to spend ANYTHING to play this game. Yes, it's harder, and yes, it's not as much fun, but the point is, they have found a way to make the game available to everyone, which I think is cool. I don't know of any other source of entertainment (movies, theater, concerts, restaurants, sports, etc.) where there's a "free section" for people who can't afford to do those things.

Sometimes I "gulp", too, when I see the cost of new items, but in my mind, just as with everything else in life, it's up to me to decide what I buy and what I don't. I'm free to choose. And I would NEVER feel that Raul et al shouldn't get paid for their efforts. This really is the best game out there. They deserve to be paid.

I'll hush now. Just feel strongly about this.

So well said. I have felt this the whole time. I have even tried to say it in my wording, but you have done a great job describing reality. EVERY WORD you stated, all I have is an AMEN.

Qivis
Aug 26 2017, 09:45 AM
So well said. I have felt this the whole time. I have even tried to say it in my wording, but you have done a great job describing reality. EVERY WORD you stated, all I have is an AMEN.

Not to mention that Farm Town also has a much better forum than many other games found on Facebook even though their forums are manned by company employees. Many other games forums are very difficult to peruse for needed information or are years behind on it.

Except for Raul and the development team making a very occasional post on the Farm Town Forum - usually to inform everyone of updates - this is run by volunteers who answer questions and inform of us of issues out of the kindness of their hearts. Speaking of whom, I hope Knight Rider is doing better these days even though it has been quite a while since he was here.

JAS0643
Aug 26 2017, 12:40 PM
In the fish farming plant the Freshwater bait and saltwater bait doesn't have a 7th dan available on them.

Taz D
Aug 26 2017, 01:38 PM
In the fish farming plant the Freshwater bait and saltwater bait doesn't have a 7th dan available on them.
Hi Jas,
I have sent this to the developers. We don't know if this was an oversite or intentional.

AuroraMirage
Aug 26 2017, 03:57 PM
Thank you for all the hard work!!! Greatly appreciated!!!

bjyhey3
Aug 26 2017, 05:49 PM
Thank you...

Tom C
Aug 26 2017, 09:22 PM
I have seen a few posts about free fc needing to be increased. This release has 4 fc facilities which the total cost is 120fc I think. This release gives us 25 new levels which is 25 fc, which is a far cry from 120 we need. Someone else said we can get 6 fc a week by doing the quests, and the neighborhood chain. I know I have only got maybe 1 fc out of the neighborhood chain. Even if we could get 6 fc a week, it would take 20 weeks to get to 120fc. Now in that time more releases would come out with more fc items so we will never catch up. Just something to think about.

JAS0643
Aug 27 2017, 01:17 AM
I have seen a few posts about free fc needing to be increased. This release has 4 fc facilities which the total cost is 120fc I think. This release gives us 25 new levels which is 25 fc, which is a far cry from 120 we need. Someone else said we can get 6 fc a week by doing the quests, and the neighborhood chain. I know I have only got maybe 1 fc out of the neighborhood chain. Even if we could get 6 fc a week, it would take 20 weeks to get to 120fc. Now in that time more releases would come out with more fc items so we will never catch up. Just something to think about.

While I agree with the others that 4 fc facilities in one release is a bit much, people buying FC is how the developers make money off this game. I made a choice a long time ago to not buy fc service facilities the extra coins you get didn't justify the cost of the fc to me. I also don't have all the tools I don't layer my crops so don't need them and I am a few harvest/plow/plant tools behind the biggest because I haven't wanted to spend the cash on them. I do from time to time buy farm cash because it is needed to get things and I am okay with that. I do wish they would do what a lot of other games do and have a sale on farm cash like buy 250 fc get 250 free, but for some reason they never have done that even though it has been suggested over and over again. As for the 6 free every week 4 of that is easy by doing the quest. Don't do a quest right away let a few build up so you complete 4 or 5 on the same day then it is easy to get in the 8 or 13 in 7 days. Now the neighborhood chain one I finish 1st most weeks you just have to load your facilities often to get there and have people work them. That one is not as much in your control to get 1st every week but you can get at least 4 free every week.

Palmarina
Aug 27 2017, 01:28 AM
Thank you for your good work.
I love all the new facilities!!!!!

maggiel29
Aug 27 2017, 03:00 AM
Just noticed the fish from the Frozen Lake are in the "Your Belts" menu under "products" AND "fish". Really like the "Taste of" services - they are the right size for the people. Thanks Devs for all your hard work.

Lpeak
Aug 27 2017, 03:40 AM
Since the update have noticed when loading ship containers that when I get to the last 2 they are taking 10 mins to load instead of 5 mins, the first ones were 5 minute loading time, just the last 2 have changed. This happened yesterday too.

Farmer_Susan
Aug 27 2017, 06:17 AM
Not to mention that Farm Town also has a much better forum than many other games found on Facebook even though their forums are manned by company employees. Many other games forums are very difficult to peruse for needed information or are years behind on it.

Except for Raul and the development team making a very occasional post on the Farm Town Forum - usually to inform everyone of updates - this is run by volunteers who answer questions and inform of us of issues out of the kindness of their hearts. Speaking of whom, I hope Knight Rider is doing better these days even though it has been quite a while since he was here.

Agree totally. I love being able to come to this forum. Very well done. Thanks, Mods. :)

Catharina
Aug 27 2017, 08:10 AM
Thanks for a great update!

I'm curious about the Local Chain feature. I haven't been able to get my head around how it will work. Do you have a separate discussion thread explaining this?

Taz D
Aug 27 2017, 09:57 AM
Thanks for a great update!

I'm curious about the Local Chain feature. I haven't been able to get my head around how it will work. Do you have a separate discussion thread explaining this?
Hi Catharina,
No we don't yet as it hasn't been released and we don't have any more information than you do. We will start one I am sure after it gets released.

Taz D
Aug 27 2017, 09:59 AM
Since the update have noticed when loading ship containers that when I get to the last 2 they are taking 10 mins to load instead of 5 mins, the first ones were 5 minute loading time, just the last 2 have changed. This happened yesterday too.
Hi LPeak,
That happens if you go past the time the last ship in the dispatch list was dispatched. When that happens that ship drops off the list and you have only 5 ships on the dispatched list instead of 6.

maggiel29
Aug 27 2017, 01:15 PM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on August 25th, 6:00PM.

4. Dan 7 for All Facilities: Before today, when you reached Dan 6 for a facility product, from that point on, every time you started a batch for that product there was a 42% chance that the ingredients will not come from you but from the Mayor.

Starting today, when you reach Dan 7 for any facility product, from that point on, every time you start a batch for that product there will be a 48% chance (an increase in 6%) that the ingredients will not come from you but from the Mayor. So the more products you have in Dan 7, the less ingredients will be required to produce more of them.

Confused now - when I am getting Dan 6 it says 72% (I think - 70 something anyway). So have the % for products been reduced and the pop ups arent showing this or is the above a mis type????

Taz D
Aug 27 2017, 01:37 PM
Confused now - when I am getting Dan 6 it says 72% (I think - 70 something anyway). So have the % for products been reduced and the pop ups arent showing this or is the above a mis type????
Hi maggiel,
The facility products bonuses are different from the crops. Dan 6 for products are 42% and Dan 7 will be 48%.
The crop dans are higher percentage.

Qivis
Aug 27 2017, 04:28 PM
Hi maggiel,
The facility products bonuses are different from the crops. Dan 6 for products are 42% and Dan 7 will be 48%.

Meanwhile I am unable to get much of any bonus products from clicking the posts of others. According to the page when I just clicked a friends' stainless steel bonus I am already over the allowed bonuses for the last 12 hours even though I have deliberately avoiding posting ANY bonuses of my own today until I see either stainless or chromium steel show up among mine.

Taz D
Aug 27 2017, 04:40 PM
Meanwhile I am unable to get much of any bonus products from clicking the posts of others. According to the page when I just clicked a friends' stainless steel bonus I am already over the allowed bonuses for the last 12 hours even though I have deliberately avoiding posting ANY bonuses of my own today until I see either stainless or chromium steel show up among mine.
Hi Qivis,
The limit for the amounts from bonuses includes those you collect from other people's posts as well as your own. You have reached that limit. It doesn't matter that you haven't posted any.

Qivis
Aug 27 2017, 04:57 PM
Hi Qivis,
The limit for the amounts from bonuses includes those you collect from other people's posts as well as your own. You have reached that limit. It doesn't matter that you haven't posted any.

Normally that would be true except for the fact that I have been gone most of the day from my computer - either not here at all or asleep - and have clicked far fewer bonuses than I normally do Monday thru Saturday.

Taz D
Aug 27 2017, 05:02 PM
Normally that would be true except for the fact that I have been gone most of the day from my computer - either not here at all or asleep - and have clicked far fewer bonuses than I normally do Monday thru Saturday.
Hi Qivis,
As we don't see the data for your bnonuses collected I can't check this, but I am sure that the program would not show you have collected your maximum if you haven't. Keep in mind this is over the last 12 hours. In a short while you may be able to collect some more as some of the amounts go beyond 12 hours.

Qivis
Aug 27 2017, 07:25 PM
Hi Qivis,
As we don't see the data for your bnonuses collected I can't check this, but I am sure that the program would not show you have collected your maximum if you haven't. Keep in mind this is over the last 12 hours. In a short while you may be able to collect some more as some of the amounts go beyond 12 hours.

I just received 3 bonuses for a music memory game from friends even after I had canceled it and it is not posted on my wall. So the claim that the numbers are correct is probably wrong! The bonuses are not working the way they were before this update.

Taz D
Aug 27 2017, 07:30 PM
I just received 3 bonuses for a music memory game from friends even after I had canceled it and it is not posted on my wall. So the claim that the numbers are correct it probably wrong! The bonuses are not working the way they were before this update.
Hi Qivis,
You are now 2 1/2 hours after the last post. So some of what you collected earlier would have dropped out and let you collect some more. When you try to collect then the program looks to see how much you have collected in the past 12 hours. It works the same way as the quests in that they look back 7 days when you click to collect the FC for those.

Qivis
Aug 27 2017, 07:33 PM
Hi Qivis,
You are now 2 1/2 hours after the last post. So some of what you collected earlier would have dropped out and let you collect some more. When you try to collect then the program looks to see how much you have collected in the past 12 hours. It works the same way as the quests in that they look back 7 days when you click to collect the FC for those.

CANCELED POSTS are not supposed to result in our getting anything sent by our friends, and that is precisely what happened! I DID NOT POST the Memory Game, but got 3 sent to me by friends anyway... I never posted the item received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taz D
Aug 27 2017, 07:41 PM
CANCELED POSTS are not supposed to result in our getting anything sent by our friends, and that is precisely what happened! I DID NOT POST the Memory Game, but got 3 sent to me by friends anyway... I never posted the item received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Qivis,
Did you click on it to post and then cancel it? If so then it would post to the Show Wall and people can click on it. It also counts toward your 5 posts.

Qivis
Aug 27 2017, 07:43 PM
Hi Qivis,
Did you click on it to post and then cancel it? If so then it would post to the Show Wall and people can click on it. It also counts toward your 5 posts.

No!!!!!! I would not be making a big deal about this if I had! I clicked the red X for it.

Taz D
Aug 27 2017, 07:45 PM
No!!!!!! I would not be making a big deal about this if I had! I clicked the red X for it.
Hi Qivis,
Edit: I was going to try to check this but I can't get the pop ups again until after midnight here.

Please contact Support about this as there isn't anything we can do through the forums about it. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

Abagail's Farm
Aug 28 2017, 08:12 AM
Thank you Raul!! Thank you for the hard work in keeping us updated! :D

max_river
Aug 28 2017, 11:10 AM

this happen to me also last night

Farmer_Susan
Aug 28 2017, 09:51 PM

I had the same thing happen to me. I cancelled a bonus but it ended up on my wall anyway.

Taz D
Aug 28 2017, 09:58 PM

I had the same thing happen to me. I cancelled a bonus but it ended up on my wall anyway.
Hi Max_River and Susan,
Did you click on the red X on the first pop up or cancel it after you opened the Facebook pop up to post?
I haven't been able to duplicate this for the red X.

Tom C
Aug 28 2017, 11:26 PM
I noticed tonight that when i use the facility manager and when i click on the harvest all button it is not harvesting the super chicken coop.

Taz D
Aug 28 2017, 11:46 PM
I noticed tonight that when i use the facility manager and when i click on the harvest all button it is not harvesting the super chicken coop.
Hi Tom,
Make sure the farm it is on is not set as a Quest farm. If it is then that would be why as setting a farm as a quest farm prevents the Harvest All from harvesting the animal buildings on that farm.

Farmer_Susan
Aug 29 2017, 01:41 AM
Hi Max_River and Susan,
Did you click on the red X on the first pop up or cancel it after you opened the Facebook pop up to post?

I'll need to try it again to be sure - will let you know. I do know, though, that it seemed different. I did what I've done in the past but it posted anyway.

Farmer_Susan
Aug 29 2017, 08:01 AM
Hi Max_River and Susan,

It happened after I clicked the red X - never got as far as the FB popup. Although, like you, I wasn't able to replicate it this morning when I tried. I remember that I checked the "Don't show any more of these" box, then the red X. Was surprised to see it on my wall. Did that same sequence this morning, though, and it worked fine. Sorry I can't give more info.

Tom C
Aug 29 2017, 09:01 AM
it is not a quest farm, and all other animal buildings were harvested.

Tiger
Aug 29 2017, 09:27 AM
it is not a quest farm, and all other animal buildings were harvested.

Hi Tom C,

Please open your facility manager and look for the super chicken coop and see if it is showing. Then please click on the funnel and check you have it set to all of the following >>

Facility Status
All Facilities
Facility Location
All farms
Facility Type
Animal Buildings
Regular facilites (ALL)
Service facilites

Then try the Harvest all again.

If that doesn't work please go ahead and contact support.

bjyhey3
Aug 29 2017, 10:48 AM

Happens to me a lot

Qivis
Aug 30 2017, 11:38 AM
Hi Tom,
Make sure the farm it is on is not set as a Quest farm. If it is then that would be why as setting a farm as a quest farm prevents the Harvest All from harvesting the animal buildings on that farm.

One of my neighbors only has the first 200 of over 3000 pigs collected by the Manure Collector because his Harvest All button gets stuck on collecting until he tries collecting a second time. He is still awaiting any reply whatsoever from customer service about it and in the meanwhile it's been weeks since he wrote to them. So it may be a unique issue that Tom is also having with his barn. Unless Raul notes them himself, unique issues are sometimes not addressed even by customer service! But of course Raul has always been very good about fixing unique problems when they have popped up. :)

marymarcel
Aug 30 2017, 12:09 PM

From Raul notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - August 30th, 12:30AM

- Added Dan 7 for baits
- When selecting the extended mode crop tools and going back to the Store screen to pick a different seed, instead of the generic Store with all the categories you will see only the crops category
- BugFix: There was an error when adding animals to the item storage
- BugFix: After harvesting a farm, when opening the Store, the crops order was not updated based on the new stored amount

maggiel29
Aug 31 2017, 03:47 AM
Hi maggiel,

Sorry for the late reply Taz - its taken a while to get another pop up for a bonus. Just got Dan 6 "Sprinkler Head Wrench" says 72% - I am SURE the higher ones at least have always showed the same % as the crops - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1609231535762485&set=a.104228656262788.8231.100000269619874&type=3&theater

Having trouble copying the screen shot onto here

maggiel29
Aug 31 2017, 05:06 AM
Still trying to upload a screen shot - but Ive just had a bonus pop up for "Fire Hydrant 7th Dan degree" and it says 78%. I cant take a photo of it using the camera on the game - it doesnt "see" the pop up. 23442

Taz D
Aug 31 2017, 10:34 AM
Sorry for the late reply Taz - its taken a while to get another pop up for a bonus. Just got Dan 6 "Sprinkler Head Wrench" says 72% - I am SURE the higher ones at least have always showed the same % as the crops - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1609231535762485&set=a.104228656262788.8231.100000269619874&type=3&theater

Having trouble copying the screen shot onto here

Still trying to upload a screen shot - but Ive just had a bonus pop up for "Fire Hydrant 7th Dan degree" and it says 78%. I cant take a photo of it using the camera on the game - it doesnt "see" the pop up. 23442
Hi Maggiel,
Then it appears the pop ups are showing the wrong percentage. When you hover over a product that still has belts to be earned they show the correct amounts according to what Raul posted. We will let the developers know and let them sort it out.

maggiel29
Aug 31 2017, 11:17 AM
Hi Maggiel,
Then it appears the pop ups are showing the wrong percentage. When you hover over a product that still has belts to be earned they show the correct amounts according to what Raul posted. We will let the developers know and let them sort it out.

Yes so they do - never thought to check that - thanks Taz. It must have been this way for eons :D

Taz D
Aug 31 2017, 11:20 AM
Yes so they do - never thought to check that - thanks Taz. It must have been this way for eons :D
Hi Maggiel,
That may be true. We have contacted the developers and we will see what they say and hopefully fix it one way or the other.

marymarcel
Aug 31 2017, 03:35 PM

From Raul notes for the New Release:

- BugFix: Incorrect benefit percentages shown for Dans achievements in all facility products.

glrivera
Aug 31 2017, 07:30 PM
Possible I didn't read it right but, my 7 a...the red squares do not disappear. When I hide everything they are still there. Love all the rest. Hopefully someday you can fix the chat window to automatically close like it used to.

Taz D
Aug 31 2017, 07:37 PM
Possible I didn't read it right but, my 7 a...the red squares do not disappear. When I hide everything they are still there. Love all the rest. Hopefully someday you can fix the chat window to automatically close like it used to.
Hi glrivera,
Perhaps you are misreading 7a. The red squares disappear when you unhide not when you hide. The red square is to mark where a hidden item is. When you unhide those the red squares were not disappearing before, but that now does happen.

maggiel29
Sep 01 2017, 02:55 AM

From Raul notes for the New Release:

Wow speedy work - thanks Raul and Devs.

dave1949
Sep 01 2017, 12:38 PM
Cant boast my trains, menu list of neighbours shrinks to nothing

marymarcel
Sep 01 2017, 12:43 PM
Cant boast my trains, menu list of neighbours shrinks to nothing

Hi dave1949 :)

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Last time we saw this problem was due a facebook issue and it cleared itsef up after some time. This is affecting the sending trains and gifts. Anyway, we have emailed the developers and they are looking into this.

dave1949
Sep 01 2017, 01:01 PM
ty for a quick answer

Cherry's Farm
Sep 02 2017, 02:58 AM
I want to say thanks for the reduced 20 hr wait for next ship preparation. It makes a huge difference and takes a bundle of anxiety out of my day. Back to enjoying ship preparation.

Qivis
Sep 02 2017, 05:51 AM

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Last time we saw this problem was due a facebook issue and it cleared itsef up after some time. This is affecting the sending trains and gifts. Anyway, we have emailed the developers and they are looking into this.

So far it has only happened to me when using Chrome. When using the other Chromium based browsers (Maxthon and Opera) this has never happened. All my neighbors who've had this issue have been using Chrome as well. This suggests it is a Google problem and neither a Farm Town nor a Facebook issue.

annalienjvr
Sep 02 2017, 06:54 AM
Train Boost request the neighbor list collapses down to a thin line. A few days now I can't send out my trains. Can anybody please assist??? Thanks so much in advance. :-)

marymarcel
Sep 02 2017, 07:32 AM
So far it has only happened to me when using Chrome. When using the other Chromium based browsers (Maxthon and Opera) this has never happened. All my neighbors who've had this issue have been using Chrome as well. This suggests it is a Google problem and neither a Farm Town nor a Facebook issue.

Hi Qivis :)

We have reports this problem is also happening using other browsers like Firefox. It was sent to the developers to let them check and hopefully get a way to resolve this as soon as possible.

marymarcel
Sep 02 2017, 07:36 AM
Train Boost request the neighbor list collapses down to a thin line. A few days now I can't send out my trains. Can anybody please assist??? Thanks so much in advance. :-)

Hi annalienjvr :)

I'm sorry this is happening to you. This problem is affecting some members to send gift and train requests. We sent this off to the developers to let them check into this problem.

From the Known Issues for the New Release:

Known Issue

- When trying to send gifts or send out Train Boost request the neighbor list collapses down to a thing line and you can't get out without reloading. This is effecting some members. The last time this happened it was a Facebook issue and we had to wait for them to resolve it. As it appears to again be something Facebook has done, the only thing you can do is wait patiently until they fix it again.

Begonia Wildwind
Sep 02 2017, 10:25 AM

I've had this happen with both Comodo Dragon and Chrome... Torch and Opera are working just fine for me, as is Puffin. Hopefully folks will be able to just switch browsers as a workaround until the issue is resolved.

mcdaddie
Sep 02 2017, 11:53 AM

Except it is also happening in Firefox. I have 3 pc's and the Win7prof Alienware running 64 bit Chrome has no probs, my Win10 Alienware laptop running Chrome 64bit has no problems, but my Win7 pc is having the problem both on Firefox and Chrome 32bit. Just thought I should add these facts.

Texas Belle
Sep 03 2017, 10:35 AM

Same thing is happening to me right now, when I hit the boost for the trains it starts shrinking until there is just a vertical line, nothing we can do.. and I think it is a FB problem, but please report to see if they can do something about it... thanks..

marymarcel
Sep 03 2017, 10:37 AM
Same thing is happening to me right now, when I hit the boost for the trains it starts shrinking until there is just a vertical line, nothing we can do.. and I think it is a FB problem, but please report to see if they can do something about it... thanks..

Hi Texas Belle :)

We have reported this to the developers and they are working on the problem.

Texas Belle
Sep 03 2017, 10:38 AM

I use Safari which is a Mac browser and nothing Microsoft... so it is not the browsers, just like when you open tabs now the square comes up and you have to do another click asking you if you want to leave the page.. and it clearly says Facebook.apps..

Texas Belle
Sep 03 2017, 10:39 AM

We have reported this to the developers and they are working on the problem.

Thank you, Gracias Mary

Texas Belle
Sep 04 2017, 03:51 PM
Closing of page is also happening on the gifts when you are going to select which friend/neighbor to send a gift to.. it starts closing like a curtain not up but sideways..

Texas Belle
Sep 04 2017, 03:54 PM
Known Issue

- When trying to send gifts or send out Train Boost request the neighbor list collapses down to a thing line and you can't get out without reloading. This is effecting some members. The last time this happened it was a Facebook issue and we had to wait for them to resolve it. As it appears to again be something Facebook has done, the only thing you can do is wait patiently until they fix it again.

I reported to Facebook and included the screen shots showing how it looks, lets hope they listen because its really annoying and disrupting.. thank you guys, y'all listen...

NanceeB
Sep 05 2017, 04:02 PM
Any idea when the new levels are coming out?

Taz D
Sep 05 2017, 04:11 PM
Hi NanceeB,
Only the developers know when they will release the new levels and 2 more facilities. They do not tell us in advance. Just keep watching this thread.

Aussie Rae
Sep 05 2017, 09:05 PM
I have not (yet) experienced any problems sending or receiving gifts nor when boosting trains.. Windows 10, Google Chrome, WF4 server. Fingers Crossed, :)

annalienjvr
Sep 05 2017, 11:25 PM

Same problem here for days now. Very irritating :eek:

Lara
Sep 06 2017, 12:32 AM
I have not (yet) experienced any problems sending or receiving gifts nor when boosting trains.. Windows 10, Google Chrome, WF4 server. Fingers Crossed, :)

I have Windows 10 and Google Chrome and thought I was okay too but it just happened to me

beverduster
Sep 06 2017, 12:51 AM
im on google chrome, wondows 10 n servor 36, no problems on my end

Angel Light
Sep 06 2017, 02:53 AM
:( Any news yet on the gift boxes not working,closing vertically?~Has facebook responded about repairing it yet?

Stu3
Sep 06 2017, 03:59 AM
2 weeks since release so today is facility release day i take it?

Alexandra_J
Sep 06 2017, 05:28 AM
I have Windows 10 and Google Chrome and thought I was okay too but it just happened to me

Just started today for me too and I thought i was going to get away with it lol. I'm on Opera. And my Ipad which is on Google is the same too

WillowTreeFarm
Sep 06 2017, 06:31 AM
I had been able to send gifts & boost my trains until today, now I can't. My husband hasn't been able to since the problem started. I know it's a facebook problem but I just wanted to vent with others in the same boat.

Qivis
Sep 06 2017, 06:42 AM

The moderators here are volunteers who do the moderating of this forum out of the kindness of their hearts and usually find such things out when their own farmers suddenly get them or they get an email or private message from Raul. (Often the former since they are so busy here that checking email is not a priority.)

But it is often the case that new levels are delayed a bit if the developers are busy pulling Facebook's teeth trying to get them to fix things or fixing unexpected bugs that creep up on them for the game itself. All we can do is be patient and be caught by pleasant surprise when we are suddenly 25 levels higher than we were.

Qivis
Sep 06 2017, 06:45 AM
2 weeks since release so today is facility release day i take it?

Only the shadow knows... waaa haa haa haa haa... :D

Okay, more seriously speaking, the moderators won't know until the rest of us do since they are kindly volunteers and not employees of Slashkey.

Tiger
Sep 06 2017, 10:56 AM
Workaround for the shrinking friends list box when sending gifts and train boosts

This is working for some users, we are not sure if it will work for everyone but it's worth a try.

When you get the box that comes up with your friends in it, quickly "right click" your mouse on the "All Farmers" at the top left of the box, and then choose "open in a new tab". You should then get a full size window that does not shrink allowing you to click the "Send" button.

JohnAlbertini
Sep 06 2017, 02:22 PM
Absolutely stupid to release belts and dans for so many facilities at once. EVERY time I load my facilities I get at LEAST 20 popups one after another. Most end up unused and no chance to pick and choose as they go away when the next one pops over it!

You need a better system!!!

beverduster
Sep 06 2017, 03:16 PM
i think raul and his crew do very good job keepin this game going, i feel sorry for thm when the mses start crying, remins me of my kids when they didnt get their, ome on people cut them ome slck, personally i think they are doing a very good jobkeeping this game interesting

Farmer_Susan
Sep 06 2017, 04:34 PM

I just started having the problem, too. Mine was fine until today.

Farmer_Susan
Sep 06 2017, 04:39 PM
Workaround for the shrinking friends list box when sending gifts and train boosts

This is working for some users, we are not sure if it will work for everyone but it's worth a try.

When you get the box that comes up with your friends in it, quickly "right click" your mouse on the "All Farmers" at the top left of the box, and then choose "open in a new tab". You should then get a full size window that does not shrink allowing you to click the "Send" button.

Ya gotta be quick, but it worked for me! Thanks!

Tiger
I just started having the problem, too. Mine was fine until today.

Hi Farmer Susan,

We will have to wait on Fcaebook to resolve this. In case you haven't see it yet >>

In the meantime you can try the following. It may or may not work for you, and it may work in one browser but not another, you won't know until you try >>

Tiger

you're welcome, and thanks for letting us know :)

WillowTreeFarm
Sep 06 2017, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the work around, it is working for my husband and me both.

bruhelmboldt
Sep 06 2017, 06:22 PM
Are Raul and the Development Team in the path of the hurricane? Seems like they're in Florida. If so, stay safe gentlemen and ladies, stay safe. This is just a game - not worth any casualties. Same for all players in the path of the storm - STAY SAFE!!!

And the same for those of you (us) out here in the U S western states. If you're told to evacuate because of the wildfires, grab the kids and pets and get the hell OUT! Save your lives and listen to the authorities.

cassi2m
Sep 06 2017, 07:33 PM
Hiya Thanks my train boost issues are resolved, I think Rob solved that one. I just checked and my send gifts no longer reduces to nothing. It is functioning properly.
Thank you again for reporting it and for the work that ya'll did.
Cathy

MaryinVA
Sep 06 2017, 08:10 PM

Worked for me, too. Took a couple of tries to beat it. It's like playing a game....hurry up before the list disappears!

Taz D
Sep 06 2017, 08:11 PM
Raul just posted this:
Post-Release Updates - September 6th, 8:15PM

- Released 25 New Levels, see more details at the beginning of this post.

Known Issue

When trying to send gifts or send out Train Boost request the neighbor list collapses down to a thin line and you can't get out without reloading. This is affecting some members.

We have already filed a bug report with Facebook and they said they are already working on it.

Please note as soon as we get the list of levels and XP needed for each from the developers we will post them in the Game Guide chapter 25 on Levels and Unlocking.

columbonet
Sep 06 2017, 08:44 PM
Known Issue

When trying to send gifts or send out Train Boost request the neighbor list collapses down to a thin line and you can't get out without reloading. This is affecting some members.

We have already filed a bug report with Facebook and they said they are already working on it.

I have found that of you right click the shrinking window and select "this frame" and then "open frame in new tab", it will allow you to send gifts. (I do not know if they actually receive them)

cgsfarm
Sep 06 2017, 08:53 PM
what are the points to get to the new levels

Taz D
Sep 06 2017, 08:57 PM
what are the points to get to the new levels
Hi cgsfarm,
As soon as we get the list of levels and XP needed for each from the developers we will post them in the Game Guide chapter 25 on Levels and Unlocking.

cgsfarm
Sep 06 2017, 09:26 PM
the new levels have been posted. tyvm for the info.

Farmer_Susan
Sep 06 2017, 09:33 PM
Worked for me, too. Took a couple of tries to beat it. It's like playing a game....hurry up before the list disappears!

I know. It's kinda fun. :)

Aussie Rae
Sep 06 2017, 09:35 PM
:) there is a silver lining to every cloud, :)

mcdaddie
Sep 06 2017, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the new levels and farm cash, but I was a little bit expecting the new facilities to come with it so we could spend it immediately, LOL

Aussie Rae
Sep 06 2017, 10:05 PM
I have found that of you right click the shrinking window and select "this frame" and then "open frame in new tab", it will allow you to send gifts. (I do not know if they actually receive them)

they do, :)

MadamePondarosa
Sep 07 2017, 10:41 AM
Can you confirm if it is so, that all new items are always put in bottom of the categories?
Tired of scrolling through *just in case* :D

Texas Belle
Sep 07 2017, 10:47 AM
Are Raul and the Development Team in the path of the hurricane? Seems like they're in Florida. If so, stay safe gentlemen and ladies, stay safe. This is just a game - not worth any casualties. Same for all players in the path of the storm - STAY SAFE!!!

And the same for those of you (us) out here in the U S western states. If you're told to evacuate because of the wildfires, grab the kids and pets and get the hell OUT! Save your lives and listen to the authorities.

Second the thought and prayers are with you all.. get out of the cave, be with your family and go wherever is safe, y'all are worth more than the game.. be safe, stay safe, this hurricane is no laughing matter, it is a monster please be careful...

StoneFace
Sep 07 2017, 10:49 AM
Can you confirm if it is so, that all new items are always put in bottom of the categories?
Tired of scrolling through *just in case* :D

No, they are not always at the bottom. Sometimes we find them in the middle, and the Mods help by telling us to scroll down a certain number of pages to find the particular new items.
:(

DanR
Sep 08 2017, 05:27 AM
When do we get the extra FC from new levels??

maggiel29
Sep 08 2017, 05:33 AM

Yes Ill go with that please stay safe everyone

ianski71@btinternet.com
Sep 08 2017, 05:34 AM
When do we get the extra FC from new levels??

we already have them we got them yesterday

dianeadi2
Sep 08 2017, 09:07 AM
with the new 25 levels, could you please list the xps needed for each level, thankyou.

bliky
Sep 08 2017, 09:20 AM
with the new 25 levels, could you please list the xps needed for each level, thankyou.

It's on page two of the Levels and Unlocking chapter:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487994&page=2

leighwj1960
Sep 08 2017, 10:52 AM
Still waiting for the new facilities and yesterday was 2 weeks :D

Taz D
Sep 08 2017, 11:04 AM
Still waiting for the new facilities and yesterday was 2 weeks :D
Hi leighwj,
I would not expect the new facilities for a while. Hurricane Irma is headed to Florida and that is where Raul and the Slashkey team are located.

Tiger
Sep 08 2017, 11:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much to all of you for sending well wishes for the developers and all those in Florida being affected by Hurricane Irma.

Please if you wish to add your own well wishes, we have a thread in the social section where you can do that, so please post there. Here's the link to that thread >>

Florida & Hurricane Irma (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625230)

DanR
Sep 08 2017, 05:14 PM
we already have them we got them yesterday

I never did and still at the same FC I was at three days ago. I have been eagerly awaiting this FC.

Qivis
Sep 08 2017, 05:33 PM
Hi leighwj,
I would not expect the new facilities for a while. Hurricane Irma is headed to Florida and that is where Raul and the Slashkey team are located.

I would add that it is potentially going to be worse than Hurricane Andrew was 24 years and 49 weeks ago. That storm is still talked about because of all the damage it did, but it swept across Florida. Irma is expected to go up the peninsula. If Farm Town stays online continuously over the next couple days, it may say a great deal about the power of modern servers and BACKUPS! (Although I'm not sure if just the development team is in Florida with the servers rented elsewhere or if both are there.)

MOM GLENDA
Sep 08 2017, 05:49 PM
the devs live in florida that is were farmtown is at .am i correct .told friends if they have problems it be because of the hurricane and not to be worry farmtown about problems until this storm is over some are saying its on the west coast .i will be in path of this storm

Taz D
Sep 08 2017, 05:55 PM
I never did and still at the same FC I was at three days ago. I have been eagerly awaiting this FC.
Hi DanR,
Please check your experience amount against those listed in the Game Guide chapter 25 Levels and Unlocking:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487994
You may not have enough Experience Points to gain the new levels yet.

If you want us to check you will need to provide a link to your farm. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

Taz D
Sep 08 2017, 06:00 PM
I would add that it is potentially going to be worse than Hurricane Andrew was 24 years and 49 weeks ago. That storm is still talked about because of all the damage it did, but it swept across Florida. Irma is expected to go up the peninsula. If Farm Town stays online continuously over the next couple days, it may say a great deal about the power of modern servers and BACKUPS! (Although I'm not sure if just the development team is in Florida with the servers rented elsewhere or if both are there.)

the devs live in florida that is were farmtown is at .am i correct .told friends if they have problems it be because of the hurricane and not to be worry farmtown about problems until this storm is over some are saying its on the west coast .i will be in path of this storm
Hi Qivis and Mom Glenda,
The servers for Farm Town are not in Florida, so the game as well as the forums and Support should remain on line.
Slashkey is however in Florida and the development team has done all the preparations needed for their safety there. This means the other 2 facilities and any new release after this may be delayed.

Taz D
Sep 08 2017, 07:51 PM
Raul has posted the following tonight:

- Released the Taste of France and Taste of Thailand Service Facilities. These were not the facilities we had intended to release next but these are the ones we have ready right now, and due to Hurricane Irma, we don't know yet when we are going to be able to complete the other facilities.

And no, we are not taking any risks right now to release these facilities, we are basically waiting for the event. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Lara
Sep 08 2017, 08:06 PM

What program are you using because I don't have that option in google chrome

Taz D
Sep 08 2017, 08:17 PM
What program are you using because I don't have that option in google chrome
Hi Lara,
You do have the ability to right click. If you right click quickly in the box that says "All Farmers" Then you can click to open in a new tab. Go to that tab and you will see there you can change that list of names to which ever list you want to use. Then on the far right select to Send the gift. When you have finished selecting who then click Done at the bottom of the page.
You do have to be fast before the box shrinks beyond being able to click on it.

Kathy813
Sep 08 2017, 08:24 PM
1. Just curious. Why is Taste of Thailand using Express Checkout when the other Taste of facilities are using the Manual Life Truck?:confused:

2. Please be safe!!

Taz D
Sep 08 2017, 08:36 PM
1. Just curious. Why is Taste of Thailand using Express Checkout when the other Taste of facilities are using the Manual Life Truck?:confused:

2. Please be safe!!
Hi Kathy,
I am not sure why. The only reason I can think of would be to balance out the services between the 2 tools.

Lara
Sep 08 2017, 08:36 PM
Hi Lara,
You do have the ability to right click. If you right click quickly in the box that says "All Farmers" Then you can click to open in a new tab. Go to that tab and you will see there you can change that list of names to which ever list you want to use. Then on the far right select to Send the gift. When you have finished selecting who then click Done at the bottom of the page.

thanks that worked I was right clicking in the wrong place

Aussie Rae
Sep 08 2017, 09:02 PM
was just able to resend gifts WITHOUT THE SHRINKING SCREEN, :) oh, and thanks for the new facs, must go purchase them asap, :)

bjyhey3
Sep 08 2017, 09:57 PM
Thank you Raul...take care

Moose Mob
Sep 08 2017, 10:26 PM
Sending gifts/boosting trains just started working fine for me.

Taz D
Sep 08 2017, 10:32 PM
Sending gifts/boosting trains just started working fine for me.
Hi Moose Mob,
It seems they are rolling the fix out like the bug was rolled out. Hoping everyone can get the fix soon (including me). :p:)

Farmer_Susan
Sep 09 2017, 04:42 AM
Hi Lara,

I'm NOT complaining - understand this is a FB issue and also about Raul et al dealing with Irma. But just as a curiosity, I boosted all of my trains using this method beginning a couple of days ago and so far, they're all still saying they need more boosts. Usually they get completely boosted right away. Does anyone know for sure that people on the other end are receiving the boost requests?

horsecrazy4life
Sep 09 2017, 06:40 AM
Thank you for the release of the two facilities.

Tiger
Sep 09 2017, 07:09 AM
I'm NOT complaining - understand this is a FB issue and also about Raul et al dealing with Irma. But just as a curiosity, I boosted all of my trains using this method beginning a couple of days ago and so far, they're all still saying they need more boosts. Usually they get completely boosted right away. Does anyone know for sure that people on the other end are receiving the boost requests?

Hi Farmer Susan,

I'm getting them fine from my friends with this issue. I have heard that sometimes clicking the "Done" doesn't go through and they have to try again.

Tiger
Sep 09 2017, 07:09 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just in case you missed it. From Raul's notes >>

Moose Mob
Sep 09 2017, 07:53 AM
Hi Moose Mob,
It seems they are rolling the fix out like the bug was rolled out. Hoping everyone can get the fix soon (including me). :p:)

Well, it didn't last long. Things were fine all evening and this morning the shrinking window is back. :(

Qivis
Sep 09 2017, 08:57 AM
Well, it didn't last long. Things were fine all evening and this morning the shrinking window is back. :(

Depending on the traffic across the internet, your server may vary from day to day. Some Facebook servers have been working just fine all along and others have the bug. I forget what the acronym is, but the same system that keeps Netflix able to run on computers on the other side of Planet Terra also keeps Facebook running. :)

Jean's Farm
Sep 09 2017, 06:19 PM
So am I correct in assuming that when we hide trees etc there is no red square showing where they were now?? I don't like this......we used to be able to hide the trees and see where one was missing from the grouping of them. Now I can't do that.

Taz D
Sep 09 2017, 06:27 PM
So am I correct in assuming that when we hide trees etc there is no red square showing where they were now?? I don't like this......we used to be able to hide the trees and see where one was missing from the grouping of them. Now I can't do that.
Hi Jean,
No that isn't correct. When you hide the trees the red squares are there. When you unhide them the red squares go away.

When unhiding items in the farm, the red squares will now disappear

Jean's Farm
Sep 09 2017, 07:01 PM
Hi Jean,
No that isn't correct. When you hide the trees the red squares are there. When you unhide them the red squares go away.

When unhiding items in the farm, the red squares will now disappear

Not very easy to work when you are using the grid lines. I had to get rid of my grid lines to see where the trees were. With the grid lines I used to get a solid red square when I hid the tree. Now it's an outline of the square and it doesn't show with the grid lines. Sigh....so sad now.

Taz D
Sep 09 2017, 07:48 PM
Not very easy to work when you are using the grid lines. I had to get rid of my grid lines to see where the trees were. With the grid lines I used to get a solid red square when I hid the tree. Now it's an outline of the square and it doesn't show with the grid lines. Sigh....so sad now.
Hi Jean,
The grid is light red squares and the hidden trees or flowers are darker/bolder red squares. The only changes they made are to keep the red squares from being on top of crops if you have layered trees or flowers over crops and make the red squares go away when you unhide them where before you had to refresh the farm to get them to go away.

Jean's Farm
Sep 09 2017, 08:35 PM
Hi Jean,
The grid is light red squares and the hidden trees or flowers are darker/bolder red squares. The only changes they made are to keep the red squares from being on top of crops if you have layered trees or flowers over crops and make the red squares go away when you unhide them where before you had to refresh the farm to get them to go away.

I noticed that they were a little darker than the grid squares but not dark enough for these old eyes. And I didn't mind refreshing to make them go away.
I don't layer things over my crops. Thanks!!!

Taz D
Sep 09 2017, 08:41 PM
I noticed that they were a little darker than the grid squares but not dark enough for these old eyes. And I didn't mind refreshing to make them go away.
I don't layer things over my crops. Thanks!!!
Hi Jean,
Sorry, but that was what was asked for by others.

katzyin
Sep 10 2017, 08:21 AM
I agree have spent nigh on 100 getting tools to save time to play my beloved game

sylvie48uk
Sep 10 2017, 09:04 AM
Yes Ill go with that please stay safe everyone

me too, Raul if and when you can please let us know you are safe!

jeannine_p
Sep 10 2017, 02:30 PM
Raul has posted the following tonight:

sending prayers to all the team in the path of Irma for safety!! hugs!

bootsgrandma
Sep 10 2017, 11:46 PM
I've been playing since May 2009. Truly love the game and I am committed to it. The Developers have introduced various elements to keep the game interesting and interactive. Nonetheless, I agree with you that larger and more frequent Farm Cash Rewards ought to be provided, especially to gamers who invest faithfully in the game every single month.

I agree. I have been a farmer since the beginning and have rationed myself on my game expenses.

I originally started this game to have a chance to use my creative juices and create different landscape designs. I got caught up in the facility issue and quit for about six months. I have since returned to my original reason for playing and not concentrate on the "game" aspect so much.

I love FT but it is getting expensive to play.:(

dorissau
Sep 11 2017, 08:18 PM
Depending on the traffic across the internet, your server may vary from day to day. Some Facebook servers have been working just fine all along and others have the bug. I forget what the acronym is, but the same system that keeps Netflix able to run on computers on the other side of Planet Terra also keeps Facebook running. :)

Do you think the gift/train/neighbor squishy box will EVER get fixed? It's so sad. Chrome, after all, never fixed the zoom bug they created. They don't care about the peons anyhow.. they think they rule the world (like the guys on Planet Terra) !!!

Taz D
Sep 11 2017, 08:27 PM
Do you think the gift/train/neighbor squishy box will EVER get fixed? It's so sad. Chrome, after all, never fixed the zoom bug they created. They don't care about the peons anyhow.. they think they rule the world (like the guys on Planet Terra) !!!
Hi dorissau,
Only Facebook knows when they will get it fixed. They don't tell us when.

dorissau
Sep 12 2017, 08:14 AM
Hi dorissau,
Only Facebook knows when they will get it fixed. They don't tell us when.

I know, Taz. Anyhow, our Slashkey guys are the BEST... as grandma used to say "soldier on" !!! They work around what they can and give us the best games have to offer.

Clohar
Sep 12 2017, 11:54 AM
Since 12:40 AET the shrinking problem of window when trying to send gifts or boosting trains is solved for me. Hoping it will stay like that. I'm located in Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada. I'm on wf37

Moose Mob
Sep 12 2017, 11:56 AM
Since 12:40 AET the shrinking problem of window when trying to send gifts or boosting trains is solved for me. Hoping it will stay like that. I'm located in Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada. I'm on wf37

Mine is OK for the moment as well. I hope it is not like last time and it came back a few hours later.

Dan H
Sep 12 2017, 04:28 PM
Known Issue

The Send Gifts and Train Boost is working in Chrome now in my Farm Town.

Taz D
Sep 12 2017, 04:30 PM

Mine is OK for the moment as well. I hope it is not like last time and it came back a few hours later.

Known Issue

The Send Gifts and Train Boost is working in Chrome now in my Farm Town.
It does appear that Facebook has finally fixed this issue.

Kaytutt
Sep 13 2017, 01:33 PM
It would be good if we could get rid of the message about the shrinking window problem now - I can stop scrolling down to get my farm to fit on my screen then :-D

marymarcel
Sep 13 2017, 02:07 PM
It would be good if we could get rid of the message about the shrinking window problem now - I can stop scrolling down to get my farm to fit on my screen then :-D

Hi Kaytutt :)

The message will be removed as soon as the developers are able to get back to work after hurrican Irma.
They are all ok but they still have no power and no internet either. So please be patient while they recover from all damages due to Irma.

Docperk
Sep 13 2017, 07:29 PM

The message will be removed as soon as the developers are able to get back to work after hurrican Irma.
They are all ok but they still have no power and no internet either. So please be patient while they recover from all damages due to Irma.

Glad to hear they are safe. Prayers be with them and all those effected by these tragic storms.

Lee Ann
Sep 13 2017, 10:00 PM
from here in Missouri just want to let all the affected by Irma know I am praying and thinking of them !

Farmer_Susan
Sep 14 2017, 06:23 PM

Glad to know they're ok. Thanks for letting us know.

Taz D
Sep 18 2017, 10:38 AM
Just to keep everyone up to date, the developers still do not have power restored yet in their area due to complications. There are still a lot of people in Florida who have not had power restored yet.

max_river
Sep 18 2017, 11:53 AM
Just to keep everyone up to date, the developers still do not have power restored yet in their area due to complications. There are still a lot of people in Florida who have not had power restored yet.

ty taz for the update glad to hear they are ok

maggiel29
Sep 18 2017, 01:25 PM

Just glad they are OK - I know a lot of people were hit badly by that Hurricaine

Dutch85
Sep 18 2017, 04:56 PM

Thanks TAZ. Their safety is is priority #1

artbee
Sep 19 2017, 08:33 PM
Hope they are survive and get back on their feet.

Clohar
Sep 20 2017, 02:24 AM
How can I add screen capture to my post to show and explain my problem about not being able to post my facilities. The final result after having click on the window allowing to post the next window appearing is that they can't find the URL of the posting

maggiel29
Sep 20 2017, 02:38 AM
How can I add screen capture to my post to show and explain my problem about not being able to post my facilities. The final result after having click on the window allowing to post the next window appearing is that they can't find the URL of the posting

Im getting this too when trying to post Facs - a pop up saying "URL not found" Looks like it might be a Facebook problem. (Hope you can see the screen dump)

Qivis
Sep 20 2017, 02:45 AM
Im getting this too when trying to post Facs - a pop up saying "URL not found" Looks like it might be a Facebook problem. (Hope you can see the screen dump)

The same has also been reported in the posting thread. This is the error I was talking about, Mr. and Ms. moderator!

jkmyer
Sep 20 2017, 05:22 AM
The same has also been reported in the posting thread. This is the error I was talking about, Mr. and Ms. moderator!

we get the same message but the factories are posted.

maggiel29
Sep 20 2017, 05:39 AM
we get the same message but the factories are posted.

Mine dont post on my Facebook wall BUT they do appear on the "Farm Town Wall Requests!" - asked a neighbour to check

marymarcel
Sep 20 2017, 06:33 AM
Hi gals and guys :)

We have contacted the developers about this issue and they think it is another glitch from Facebook. They will contact Facebook to let them check on this.

Meanwhile, when you get the first pop up trying to post your facilities/services, be sure you have a check mark for Show on Farm Town Wall requests, that way no matter the posts are not going to Facebook, they will be posted in Wall requests and your friends will be able to work them.
If you need ingredients for a quest, no matter the post will show they cant find the URL, the requests will also go to Wall requests.

Texas Belle
Sep 20 2017, 12:30 PM

Yes just found out that FB cannot find the URL to post the bonuses...this is what comes up and a frame..

Error
Warning
URL Not Found: We had trouble using the URL you provided. Please try again later.

marymarcel
Sep 20 2017, 12:36 PM
Yes just found out that FB cannot find the URL to post the bonuses...this is what comes up and a frame..

Error
Warning
URL Not Found: We had trouble using the URL you provided. Please try again later.

If you look at the post just above yours you will find more information, or you can go and check the following thread :)

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6190962#post6190962

mcdaddie
Sep 20 2017, 01:40 PM

We have contacted the developers about this issue and they think it is another glitch from Facebook. They will contact Facebook to let them check on this.

Meanwhile, when you get the first pop up trying to post your facilities/services, be sure you have a check mark for Show on Farm Town Wall requests, that way no matter the posts are not going to Facebook, they will be posted in Wall requests and your friends will be able to work them.
If you need ingredients for a quest, no matter the post will show they cant find the URL, the requests will also go to Wall requests.

If you have other places you would like to post your facilities, bonuses, and ingredient (i.e. newsfeed, special lists, timeline, etc.) all you have to do is:

It takes two to pull it off.

If a neighbor finds your post for facilities or bonuses on their FT request wall, they can copy the URL from the top of the page and send it back to you in chat. You can then take that link and post on your timeline, newsfeed, and/or any other group you belong to.

max_river
Sep 20 2017, 01:47 PM
it is also having issues acepting friend request it tell you that the profile is not valid

Taz D
Sep 20 2017, 02:02 PM
it is also having issues acepting friend request it tell you that the profile is not valid
Hi max_river,
Is that friend requests which is a Facebook thing or a neighbor request?

max_river
Sep 20 2017, 02:13 PM
Hi max_river,
Is that friend requests which is a Facebook thing or a neighbor request?

a facebook request i just wanted people to know that there is a issue so they want get stressed out

Taz D
Sep 20 2017, 03:05 PM
a facebook request i just wanted people to know that there is a issue so they want get stressed out
Hi max_river,
Ok, then that would be part of the Facebook problem. Maybe that will make them fix it faster.

bruhelmboldt
Sep 20 2017, 04:16 PM

So does this mean that Raul and the developers are back on line?? Everybody safe and sound? If so, then THREE CHEERS ! ! !

bru

Taz D
Sep 20 2017, 06:16 PM
So does this mean that Raul and the developers are back on line?? Everybody safe and sound? If so, then THREE CHEERS ! ! !

bru
Hi Bru,
That means we have email contact with them which can be done through cell phone. They do have power and internet now though they also have a lot to do to recover from Irma.

bruhelmboldt
Sep 20 2017, 06:39 PM
Hi Bru,
That means we have email contact with them which can be done through cell phone. They do have power and internet now though they also have a lot to do to recover from Irma.

Indeed. And Three Cheers in any case, and best wishes.

maggiel29
Sep 21 2017, 02:46 AM
Hi Bru,

Glad Raul & Co have power back at least and internet - so much in life is done that way at least they can use it to help recover from Irma. I hope their house is OK and not taking too much to repair. At least with power they can have a fan or air con! Please pass on my good wishes from England. Trust FB to start causing problems at the most inconvenient time!!!!!

crafty chris
Sep 21 2017, 03:41 AM

I am now closing this thread. Thank you so much to all of you for your feedback and questions.

While we wait for the New Release please feel free to post any problems in Help & Support (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1), any feedback in General Feedback (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186) and your ideas in our Suggestion section. (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)