PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- October 27th, 2017

Pages : [1] 2

Raul
Oct 27 2017, 06:04 PM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on November 20th, 4:30PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features: EN ESPAŅOL AQUI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632498)

1. 8 new Thanksgiving items: 6 at the top of the Thanksgiving category in the store and 2 at the bottom.

2. Production Increases (coming in the next 1-2 weeks): Production of all products in high demand for facilities will be increased across the board. In the near future, trains and ships output will be increased as well, most likely depending on some other factor.

3. Next 5 expansions for Farm 34: See prices below:

24x24 - 22000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
26x26 - 22500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
28x28 - 23000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
30x30 - 23500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
32x32 - 24000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

4. Ingredient Planner Bug Fixes:

a) When unchecking facilities in the Facility Manager it was not being considered in the global Facility Manager ingredient planner, meaning if a facility was unchecked the ingredient requirements for that facility were still included in the ingredient planner results.
b) If there were more than one product consuming a certain ingredient in a facility, the ingredient planner was counting only one.
c) Sort by Required or Missing was wrong sometimes

5. Facility Chains: There is a new Facility Chains Manager icon in the Tool Box, right above the Facility Manager icon, that will give you access to the Facility Chains Manager. This feature is available at levels 200 and higher.

This is the phase one of this feature. Export and Import of products between neighbours will be completed over the next releases. Here is how it works:

1. Every week the Facility Chains Manager will present to you a different subset of the facilities that you own.
2. From that subset you will select one facility to convert into a chain.
3. To reach chain status you need to have 2 instances of that facility in your farms. If you have more than 2 facilities only the first 2 will be part of the chain, based on the farm order where they are located at any given time.
4. To reach chain status you also need to achieve Dan 7th Degree on each product produced or used in that facility.
5. The subset of the facilities for you to choose from will vary each week. It could be any of the following combinations:

a) Regular facilities in coins
b) Regular facilities in farm cash
c) Service facilities in coins
d) Service facilities in farm cash

6. The first week we will show you only coins facilities, the second week only farm cash facilities and so on. Whether we show you regular or service facilities will depend on the types of facility chains you have created in the past.
7. Only those facilities that have a *strong* supply/consumption relationship to another facility can be converted into chains, for example:

a) The Medical Supplies Factory can be a chain because it supplies the Hospital. The Music Conservatory can be a chain because it consumes from the Musical Instruments Factory.
b) However the Healthy Juice Stand can not be a chain because is not related to any other facility. The Rubber Factory can not be a chain because is related to too many facilities.

8. The Add Chains tab shows one row for each pair of related facilities, regular facilities in the left and service facilities in the right.
9. One final and important rule is that if facility X is related to facility Y, at any given time you can have a chain of facility X or a chain of facility Y but not both. This will incentivize players owning a chain of X to trade products with neighbours owning a chain of Y.
10. The My Chains tab will show you the status of each of your facility chains.

Benefits of *Regular* facility chains:
-------------------------------------------

1. Chains of coins regular facilities will generate 40% more production.
2. Chains of farm cash regular facilities will generate 80% more production.

Extra production will be added to your storage and those products will have the ( Export ) suffix in their name.

3. ( Export ) products can not be consumed by your own service facilities, you can either:

a) Sell them at the market (Notice these products generate pure profit because they didn't cost you any ingredients or time).

OR

b) Export them to a neighbour who has a chain of the facility that can consume those products. In this case the Mayor will compensate you with an extra 100% of the sale price for helping others.

Benefits of *Service* facility chains:
-------------------------------------------
1. Chains of coins service facilities will be 75% more profitable instead of the standard 50%.
2. Chains of farm cash service facilities will be 100% more profitable instead of the standard 50%.
3. If you need help stocking a service facility chain with products, you may chose to import those products from a neighbour who has a chain of the facility that can produce them. Notice these imported products have the advantage that you didn't have to spend time producing them and will also be extra profitable due to the increased profitability of the service facilities that are part of a chain.

Additional Info #1
When players eventually become familiar with the feature, it's likely that neighbours would talk between them and agree on which chains they are going to create in order to collaborate better, for example:

- Neighbour A create chains of Musical Instruments Factories and Hospitals
- Neighbour B create chains of Medical Supplies Factories and Music Conservatories

This way:

- Neighbour A can export products produced in its Musical Instruments Factory chain to Neighbour B Music Conservatory chain
- Neighbour B can export products produced in its Medical Supplies Factory chain to Neighbour A Hospital chain

Additional Info #2

- The pending production in a factory don't need to be discarded when creating a chain of that factory, only the finished products need to be moved to storage but you don't need to do it manually, the game will do it for you when you click the green tick.

- There is no specific time limit in the week to create the chains, you have from Monday 12:00AM up to the next Monday 12:00AM. If you don't do it in that period nothing happens, you just missed the opportunity to have another chain.

- When you create a chain, it will stay that way, offering the same benefits, until you decide to delete that chain. Assuming facility X is related to Y, may be you had a chain of X for too long and want to have a chain of Y, in that case you will have to delete your chain of X in order to create the new chain of Y.

- When we implement the Export/Import functionality, you will see exactly which of your neighbours owns a perticular chain

6. Taste of India (FC): Provides India Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Indian Restaurant.

7. Taste of Hawaii (FC): Provides Hawaii Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Hawaiian Restaurant.

8. Music Band Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Music Band Supplies.

Violin Shoulder Rest
Cello Bridge
Music Sheet Notebook
Music Stand
Conducting Baton
Flute Cleaning Kit
Violin Case

Note: We will add 7 more products to this factory when we release another music band on the next release.

9. Arcade Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Arcade Supplies.

Pushers and Puck
Whac-a-mole Mallet
Crane Machine Claw
Arcade Controller
Reward Ticket Dispenser
High Striker
Foosball Table
Basketball Shootout

10. Classical Music Band (Coins): Provides Street Classical Music Services and can be stocked with products from the Music Band Supplies Factory.

11. Arcade Game Center (FC): Provides Arcade Games Services and can be stocked with products from the Arcade Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - October 28th, 5:50AM

- Updated the main post with additional information about the release of the new farm expansions, the bug fixes to the ingredient planner and additional info about the Facility Chains feature.

Post-Release Updates - October 30th, 4:50AM

- Released old Thanksgiving decorations
- Released the next 5 expansions for Farm 34
- Released the Taste of India and Taste of Hawaii service facilities

Post-Release Updates - November 1st, 3:50PM

- Released 4 New facilities: Arcade Supplies Factory, Music Band Supplies Factory, Arcade Game Center, and Classical Music Band.
- New 'Part of a Chain' filters in the Facility Manager to show only facilities that are part of a chain. Notice the radio (rounded) buttons were changed to drop downs.
- When setting the Facility Chains manager icon as a shortcut, clicking on it didn't work every time.

Post-Release Updates - November 1st, 11:30PM

- The new 'Part of a Chain' filters in the Facility Manager, released a while ago, now shows all the facilities that are part of a chain, even when they haven't reached the Chain Status yet. The ones that have reached the Chain Status will appear with a blue background.

Post-Release Updates - November 2nd, 2:00AM

- Released 8 new Thanksgiving items.

Post-Release Updates - November 6th, 7:25PM

- Sorting and Filtering in the Facility Manager now takes much less time, this is significant for people with lots of facilities

- Additional info shown in the 'Add Chains' tab on the Facility Chains Manager:
a) The title of each facility now has between parenthesis how many of that facility you own.
c) On the bottom/right of each facility you will see how many products with Dan 7th you have achieved and how many are missing.

- There are 2 additional sorting dimensions, 'Facility Count' and 'Dan 7th Progress' that will make it easier for you to select the facilities that are best candidates to be converted into chains faster.

Post-Release Updates - November 6th, 7:40PM

- BugFix: Some users were experiencing X025 errors when opening the Facility Chains Manager.

Post-Release Updates - November 7th, 7:10PM

- In the case of the Service Facility chains, when you click the 'Check Dan Degrees' button its currently opening the related Regular Facility. However, for Service Facilities like The Supermarket that use products produced on multiple Regular Facilities this is not enough. We will release a change soon for cases like these, so when you click the 'Check Dan Degrees' button, you will be able to select which of the Regular Facilities that supply the Service Facility you want to open.

Post-Release Updates - November 8th, 5:50AM

- It looks like Facebook released a fix a few days ago for the Send Requests screen shrinking bug, please report in this thread if you are still having issues.

Post-Release Updates - November 13th, 5:00PM

- Enabled the Delete Chain button for fully converted chains. Notice that in this case all the (Export) products generated by that chain will be sold in the Market automatically.

Notice that when you delete a chain that was not created in the current week and you had already created a chain in the current week, you still need to wait until next week to create your next chain.

- In the case of the Service Facility chains like The Supermarket that use products produced on multiple Regular Facilities, when you click the 'Check Dan Degrees' button you will now be able to select which of the Regular Facilities that supply the Service Facility you want to open. Also, when you open the desired Regular Facility, only products that are used in that particular Service Facility will be shown.

- Fixed the Stone Fence Gate Closed and Hedge Gate Closed decorations

Post-Release Updates - November 20th, 4:30PM

- We had to delay the production increases for another week, they will be released next Monday, the 27th, along with the next general release of the game. Sorry for the extra wait.

Tiger
Oct 27 2017, 06:06 PM
Thanks very much Raul and development team :)

Taz D
Oct 27 2017, 06:10 PM
Thanks Raul!

Dutch85
Oct 27 2017, 06:11 PM
Thank you Raul and Team! Now to study up on the new Facility Chain feature! It sounds like fun!

StoneFace
Oct 27 2017, 06:29 PM
Color me confused at the moment..... maybe when I am fresh in the morning, I will read this slowly.... very slowly;)

Aussie Rae
Oct 27 2017, 06:53 PM
thank you, a lot to take in, and am just waiting for all the negative comments to appear.. :)

marymarcel
Oct 27 2017, 07:05 PM
Thanks so much Raul! :)

jeannine_p
Oct 27 2017, 07:21 PM
YAY!!! got done eatin dinner and found an update!! woot woot!!!
thanks team!!

Beautysmom1
Oct 27 2017, 07:22 PM
Thanks so much. A few quick questions--do both the factory and the services have to have at least 2 on my farms? And do they both have to have all products to 7th Dan degree?

Taz D
Oct 27 2017, 07:34 PM
Thanks so much. A few quick questions--do both the factory and the services have to have at least 2 on my farms? And do they both have to have all products to 7th Dan degree?
Hi Beautysmom,
You will not have both in the same week, but yes you will have to have 2 of a facility or service and all products will have to be at 7th dan for the facilities. There aren't any dans for the services.

bruhelmboldt
Oct 27 2017, 07:38 PM
No new farm expansions for Farm 34? Delayed? Or not coming with this update?? I've got all these coins burning holes in my pockets!!!

MOM GLENDA
Oct 27 2017, 07:44 PM
i will not be doing the new thing .we got more than we can do now .plus it hard to buy one cash facility doing this we have to buy 2 of them .i own them all but to go back buy 2 of what i already bought will take to much cash .will not be worth doing this to get more products.more than half of the players probably want do it because of having to buy lots more cash. thanks for a great game .but we do not need this new chain

TerriFlynn
Oct 27 2017, 07:56 PM
Thank you Raul, this should be fun, once figured out! Love a challenge :)

Aussie Rae
Oct 27 2017, 08:20 PM
decided to start a chain in my Bakery, at 100% my Pending is 59472 and in the non chain Bakery Pending is 42480 so there is a lovely increase there.... after workers went through the Chain Bakery Done reads 40830 while the non chain baker is 29164... :) love that those extra goods are there.. this is going to be a very interesting addition I feel... just have to work on getting to the 7th Dan in all products in all facilities now... :)

Farmer_Susan
Oct 27 2017, 08:31 PM
I'm so excited to have something new! What kind of strategy are you guys going to use to decide which facility to choose for that week's chain? Since we can't use the extra products for the corresponding service, sounds like - for now - all we can do is sell them? So is the strategy to choose the ones that might give the most coins? Or are there other things to consider? Does it matter?

Also . . . for example . . . say this week I currently have 100 possible facilities to choose from. So I choose 1 this week. Will I be shown the other 99 next week? Then the next 98, etc? And a chain . . . do I keep stringing things together to make one long chain or will I end up with a whole bunch of paired chains?

Obviously I need to go back and read again. ;)

dofford
Oct 27 2017, 08:35 PM
Thanks for all your hard work on this release but I didn't see the expansion for Farm 34. Hope that is coming later. Please let us know or we going to have to wait another month for them.

Ellsinore
Oct 27 2017, 08:42 PM
decided to start a chain in my Bakery, at 100% my Pending is 59472 and in the non chain Bakery Pending is 42480 so there is a lovely increase there.... after workers went through the Chain Bakery Done reads 40830 while the non chain baker is 29164... :) love that those extra goods are there.. this is going to be a very interesting addition I feel... just have to work on getting to the 7th Dan in all products in all facilities now... :)

I don't get it. I was hoping after it was initiated, I'd understand it, but no. LOL!

Need Sawmill stuff (I have 14 of them but always short!), but it's not available -- I'm guessing because, like the Rubber Factory, it's linked to TOO many items?

Okay, let's try the Bakery. Nope -- short on the Dan degrees, with only 13 achieved of the 21 required. Considering I've had a bakery since the beginning, and have been doing Facilities like a demon for several months, not quite getting this one. I guess they're relatively new items, but how new? I dunno.

Basically, so far the whole thing is "I dunno" -- so will be following here to see how things progress before I try again! LOL!

Very happy to see this post about chain success! :-)

ftjill
Oct 27 2017, 08:51 PM
Well....its interesting. Tried bakeries but surprise didn't have all the 7 degree dan products even though I have had bakeries for years.

Next tried Soft Drink facilities - have 3 and all the products are 7 degree dan. I'm going with 2 of these to start. Not super confident I get the details yet..looking forward to the challenge of figuring it out. Now to find a neighbour with a snack bar.

Thanks devs for changing up the game from time to time and giving me a challenge. :D:):D

Taz D
Oct 27 2017, 08:56 PM
Well....its interesting. Tried bakeries but surprise didn't have all the 7 degree dan products even though I have had bakeries for years.

Next tried Soft Drink facilities - have 3 and all the products are 7 degree dan. I'm going with 2 of these to start. Not super confident I get the details yet..looking forward to the challenge of figuring it out. Now to find a neighbour with a snack bar.

Thanks devs for changing up the game from time to time and giving me a challenge. :D:):D
Hi ftjill,
Even though the bakeries have been around for a long time there have been several new items added to it over the time, so that may be why you do not have all of them at 7th dan.
Currently no one will have the services to pair up with your facility chain. We will not have services until next week.

bcm151
Oct 27 2017, 08:58 PM
i will not be doing the new thing .we got more than we can do now .plus it hard to buy one cash facility doing this we have to buy 2 of them .i own them all but to go back buy 2 of what i already bought will take to much cash .will not be worth doing this to get more products.more than half of the players probably want do it because of having to buy lots more cash. thanks for a great game .but we do not need this new chain

Color me confused at the moment..... maybe when I am fresh in the morning, I will read this slowly.... very slowly;)

Really not understanding how this works & would require way too many fc facilities to have 2 of each. Hopefully they will revamp how this part of the game works.

Aussie Rae
Oct 27 2017, 09:13 PM
I don't get it. I was hoping after it was initiated, I'd understand it, but no. LOL!

Need Sawmill stuff (I have 14 of them but always short!), but it's not available -- I'm guessing because, like the Rubber Factory, it's linked to TOO many items?

Okay, let's try the Bakery. Nope -- short on the Dan degrees, with only 13 achieved of the 21 required. Considering I've had a bakery since the beginning, and have been doing Facilities like a demon for several months, not quite getting this one. I guess they're relatively new items, but how new? I dunno.

Basically, so far the whole thing is "I dunno" -- so will be following here to see how things progress before I try again! LOL!

Very happy to see this post about chain success! :-)

I had to CANCEL a few that I had chosen due to not having all items with the 7th Dan, so its just an experiment at the moment.. and I am getting 75% more goods produced in those 2 Bakerys and just have to wait for the release of the Export function or perhaps just sell all at market.. not worried as its all a game and anything new is welcome... stops me getting bored.. planting etc and filling facs gets tedious.. now I have a goal... get the 7th Dan in those items not already there... :)

Aussie Rae
Oct 27 2017, 09:26 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1890786634271355&set=a.589588114391220.153425.100000201115933&type=3
photo showing the comparison between Chain facility and normal facility production in the Bakery

NJones277
Oct 27 2017, 10:10 PM
I tried to start factory chain with Bakeries and was told that they all had to be emptied first. Since I just loaded everything, that's not an option. Is there a way, besides listing out farms, that we can empty a facility?

Taz D
Oct 27 2017, 10:14 PM
I tried to start factory chain with Bakeries and was told that they all had to be emptied first. Since I just loaded everything, that's not an option. Is there a way, besides listing out farms, that we can empty a facility?
Hi NJones,
All that means is to empty all that is already done in a facility. Youy can empty them from your facility manager.

Eradani
Oct 27 2017, 10:15 PM
my other account doesn't have any facility tools but is going to get them so i unchecked all the facilities so i can turn them back on when i get the tool to keep track of which facilities i don't have to load manually.

last week, the ingredient planner just went to All Facilities. this week, it seems to want only Checked Facilities because i get the message "there are no ingredient consuming facilities in the current view".

i checked 1 facility and went into the planner and got stuck in google's infinite loop bug when there's a filter. the filter dropdown only had All Regular Facilities and The One Facility I'd Checked and I couldn't get any information beyond what the 1 facility needed.

i can see why this change was made as most of the time, most people have all the facilities they want worked checked but since i have to load them manually, the checkmark is irrelevant to my loading them.

do you think you could make it so there's always the option in the filter for All Facilities (even if they're not checked) so i can actually use it while i'm buying the facility tools?

Taz D
Oct 27 2017, 10:24 PM
my other account doesn't have any facility tools but is going to get them so i unchecked all the facilities so i can turn them back on when i get the tool to keep track of which facilities i don't have to load manually.

last week, the ingredient planner just went to All Facilities. this week, it seems to want only Checked Facilities because i get the message "there are no ingredient consuming facilities in the current view".

i checked 1 facility and went into the planner and got stuck in google's infinite loop bug when there's a filter. the filter dropdown only had All Regular Facilities and The One Facility I'd Checked and I couldn't get any information beyond what the 1 facility needed.

i can see why this change was made as most of the time, most people have all the facilities they want worked checked but since i have to load them manually, the checkmark is irrelevant to my loading them.

do you think you could make it so there's always the option in the filter for All Facilities (even if they're not checked) so i can actually use it while i'm buying the facility tools?
Hi Eradani,
If you wish to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where we collect the suggestions by topic for the developers to see thwem all together. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

Eradani
Oct 27 2017, 11:10 PM
Hi Eradani,
If you wish to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where we collect the suggestions by topic for the developers to see thwem all together. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

this isn't a suggestion, it's a newly introduced feature/bug that came with this release.

carol0
Oct 27 2017, 11:20 PM

Now that I don't understand. I selected the bakery just to see how this thing works, and all the products in it are at 7th dan. I just filled my facilities... and all my bakeries are filled 42,480. Why aren't any of mine filled at 59,472?

mcdaddie
Oct 27 2017, 11:23 PM
My question is: If I choose a pair of coin reg facs this week for the chain, and next week will get an option for coin serv fac, will this weeks chain still be active next week, and continuing from week to week, with the goal of getting all available chains going over time. (Including all coin and all FC reg & service facilities.

Taz D
Oct 27 2017, 11:25 PM
this isn't a suggestion, it's a newly introduced feature/bug that came with this release.
Hi Eradani,
This is not a new feature or change. When you uncheck the facilities then the ingredient planner ignores them for the totals of what you need to fill your facilities. That is what it is supposed to do and has done. It will only show you what ingredients you need to fill those facilities that are checked. That is what it was designed to do. If it showed what you need for the unchecked ones then you would get an incorrect amount needed.

Taz D
Oct 27 2017, 11:28 PM
My question is: If I choose a pair of coin reg facs this week for the chain, and next week will get an option for coin serv fac, will this weeks chain still be active next week, and continuing from week to week, with the goal of getting all available chains going over time. (Including all coin and all FC reg & service facilities.
Hi mcdaddie,
You have all the information we currently have in the first post of this thread and in the help with the chains manager. We do not know any more than you do. We will have to wait until more is released and written up by Raul.

Aussie Rae
Oct 28 2017, 12:54 AM
Now that I don't understand. I selected the bakery just to see how this thing works, and all the products in it are at 7th dan. I just filled my facilities... and all my bakeries are filled 42,480. Why aren't any of mine filled at 59,472?

did you start the chain in the chain facility manager before you filled the Bakerys?

dave1949
Oct 28 2017, 01:49 AM

I did what you did with a bakery, but got no change in the pending, all 6 at 42480

Farmer_Susan
Oct 28 2017, 02:20 AM
did you start the chain in the chain facility manager before you filled the Bakerys?

Which way are you supposed to do it? Fill first and then start the chain or does starting the chain fill the facilities?

peekachoo
Oct 28 2017, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the update Raul and all the team, looks like you've all been working hard to get this new chain thing going, I think it'll be great when it's working fully.It took me a few clicks and I had to delete quite a few chains before I found one that would work for me but eventually found one and the benefits of it look great.

peekachoo
Oct 28 2017, 02:26 AM
Which way are you supposed to do it? Fill first and then start the chain or does starting the chain fill the facilities?

I started the chain then went to fill them up, they're highlighted so's you know which ones to do. Seemed to work ok.

maggiel29
Oct 28 2017, 02:40 AM
OK I may not be firing on all cylinders this morning! These new Facility chains (which I think is a great idea BTW just need to understand it). If I make a Facility a chain is it permanent or do I select a new one next week and this weeks one reverts to normal? If I change my mind can I cancel a facility being a chain and choose another? Is there a time limit every week on how long we have to choose? How do I know if a neighbour has a chain for me to export to? Sorry about the questions - as I said I'm not really with it today :(

Farmer_Susan
Oct 28 2017, 02:52 AM
OK I may not be firing on all cylinders this morning! These new Facility chains (which I think is a great idea BTW just need to understand it). If I make a Facility a chain is it permanent or do I select a new one next week and this weeks one reverts to normal? If I change my mind can I cancel a facility being a chain and choose another? Is there a time limit every week on how long we have to choose? How do I know if a neighbour has a chain for me to export to? Sorry about the questions - as I said I'm not really with it today :(

I was just getting ready to post a similar question. Here's my question - one of the rules is this:

"9. One final and important rule is that if facility X is related to facility Y, at any given time you can have a chain of facility X or a chain of facility Y but not both. This will incentivize players owning a chain of X to trade products with neighbours owning a chain of Y."

If a chain only lasts for a week or some limited about of time, then 9 makes sense to me - sorta :) But if they're permanent, how are we going to know whether we'd rather start a chain with facility X or facility Y? The fact that it says "at any given time" makes me think they're NOT permanent but I also don't see anything indicating how long they DO last? I can see that maybe down the road it will all make sense but I'd love to understand a bit more of the strategy. I think for now I may just go ahead and jump in and try one - but I'm still going to keep reading here so I can learn from what the mods and other users say.

Farmer_Susan
Oct 28 2017, 03:01 AM
Tried my Bakery. Got that "needs to be finished" message someone else had posted about. Went to my Facility Manager tool and stored everything/cashed out everything. "Done" said 0. Went back to try to create the chain and got the same message. Do we have to allow the facility we want to get totally empty before we start the chain? It says if I continue, all the finished products in my Bakeries will automatically get sent to storage - which should be fine, I would think - but there AREN'T any finished products in my Bakeries anymore.

Farmer_Susan
Oct 28 2017, 03:03 AM
Hi NJones,
All that means is to empty all that is already done in a facility. Youy can empty them from your facility manager.

I tried that - but am still getting the "need to be emptied" message.

rodneycs
Oct 28 2017, 03:31 AM
Just forget it. We have far too much to do already and FT has slowed down so much it is not so enjoyable any more. Every farm takes far to long to load nowadays so loading facilities takes twice as long as it used to.
I certainly will not be participating. It would have been far better to fix what we already have then introducing something new. All the time my friends and neighbours are complaining about problems with the game. When are you going to fix the problem about sending gifts from IE. Why do we have to load up slow Chrome or Firefox just to send gifts. We have been waiting several years for this to be fixed.
You haven't issued a new bulldozer for years.
Fix what we have already before introducing something new and speed up FT to what it used to be.

Aussie Rae
Oct 28 2017, 04:06 AM
just stored all goods and visited the market, under the filter from facilities
Export the total value is 15,533,080 coins.. I have not sold any yet, will wait til the next feature is released and see if I can Export to someone who needs the goods.

Aussie Rae
Oct 28 2017, 04:10 AM
Just forget it. We have far too much to do already and FT has slowed down so much it is not so enjoyable any more. Every farm takes far to long to load nowadays so loading facilities takes twice as long as it used to.
I certainly will not be participating. It would have been far better to fix what we already have then introducing something new. All the time my friends and neighbours are complaining about problems with the game. When are you going to fix the problem about sending gifts from IE. Why do we have to load up slow Chrome or Firefox just to send gifts. We have been waiting several years for this to be fixed.
You haven't issued a new bulldozer for years.
Fix what we have already before introducing something new and speed up FT to what it used to be.

buy the tool, EXCAVATOR, and you can delete the entire farm of plowed fields or as may trees, flowers etc that you want...

Aussie Rae
Oct 28 2017, 04:18 AM

Susan, I went into the Chain Facility Manager and when I chose the Bakery, under ADD CHAINS, I next clicked on MY CHAINS, then on CHECK LOCATIONS. From memory I then went into my Facility Manager and down to where the Bakery's are listed, and started production in the farms that are listed in the locations shown in the CHAINS facility manager.. they are shaded in BLUE, so they stand out from all your other facilities, and they also have a little chain icon next to the picture of the Bakery and if you hover your mouse over it, it says This facility is part of a chain. I emptied all my facilities into Storage, the goods for Export are listed separately from other goods from facilities... hope this helps a bit... I am just flying blind like everyone else but not afraid to click on things to see what info is there...

maggiel29
Oct 28 2017, 05:31 AM
Thanks Raul for the extra info :)

marymarcel
Oct 28 2017, 06:50 AM
Hi all :)

Post-Release Updates - October 28th, 5:50AM

- Updated the main post with additional information about the release of the new farm expansions, the bug fixes to the ingredient planner and additional info about the Facility Chains feature.

Farmer_Susan
Oct 28 2017, 08:29 AM
Did it! Took the plunge! Now both of my chain Bakeries have the 59472 pending and my other Bakery just has 42480. FUN!

Tom C
Oct 28 2017, 09:24 AM
How many chains can we have?
once we start a chain does it last forever?

Tiger
Oct 28 2017, 09:35 AM
How many chains can we have?
once we start a chain does it last forever?

Hi Tom C,

At the moment we do not know if there is a limit on how many chains you can have. They will stay as chains until you delete the chain. That part of the feature has not been implemented yet.

sod farmer
Oct 28 2017, 09:53 AM
I don't know if this is related to the release - but I found it because of that. I selected my soft drink factory to try to make into a chain. I am not at the 7th dan on the cream soda or the cola. I have had these 2 facs for a long time. I checked the production of those 2 items - and they were no full. I filled them. I closed my fac manager and reopened - checked again- needed refilling on the cola on my farm 2. I refilled again. Closed the fac manager and reopened - needed to refill the cola again. Maybe this is why I can't get to the 7th dan on these.

Taz D
Oct 28 2017, 10:53 AM
I don't know if this is related to the release - but I found it because of that. I selected my soft drink factory to try to make into a chain. I am not at the 7th dan on the cream soda or the cola. I have had these 2 facs for a long time. I checked the production of those 2 items - and they were no full. I filled them. I closed my fac manager and reopened - checked again- needed refilling on the cola on my farm 2. I refilled again. Closed the fac manager and reopened - needed to refill the cola again. Maybe this is why I can't get to the 7th dan on these.
Hi Sod Farmer,
Try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached)

Also check your date and time on your computer. If that is off it can cause something like that to happen.

Aussie Rae
Oct 28 2017, 11:18 AM
Raul, I tried to reply to your message, not sure if it worked.. I have been refilling my 2 Chain Bakeries throughout the day, just checked my storage and for Apple Pies I have 9,246,024 in storage and 2,376 Export stored now..the total amount I can sell off everything from the Bakeries listed as "From Export" is 18,863,880 coins.

Texas Belle
Oct 28 2017, 11:59 AM

Im with you, the more I read it the more confused i get, so will have to print it and assimilate very thoroughly.

Can't wait for the increase in products..

JohnAlbertini
Oct 28 2017, 12:18 PM
You make it very difficult to have chain facilities when you add new products to facilities since then it takes a looooong time to reach 7th dan on that new item. I don't HAVE two of all that many facilities to begin with.

Also, very few people will have two identical FC facilities as only the wealthy can afford to but all these items.

I guess this is a "feature" I'll be ignoring!

beverduster
Oct 28 2017, 12:33 PM
thanks 4 the update raul, my game is running great server 36 and the cows havent dried up, but i had t a to get my lawyer read the new chain thing, he pulled out a bottel of gobble gobble(wild turkey 101) and we wound uo at a strip bar and got arrested

Angel7
Oct 28 2017, 01:09 PM
I don't get it. Why do all that programming so that ONLY the rich can play with the new features. Doesn't make any sense at all that you have to have 2 of any given facility to play with chains. But thanks anyway for the update.....I will hope and pray that you change this in the future.

Mrs Mags
Oct 28 2017, 01:33 PM
Super confused I think is me :confused: Say when you look at the facilities in the new chain thingy, and you want make lets say a Bakery into a chain, but you only have one Bakery, can you buy another one, or is that not allowed?
Thanks

Taz D
Oct 28 2017, 01:45 PM
Super confused I think is me :confused: Say when you look at the facilities in the new chain thingy, and you want make lets say a Bakery into a chain, but you only have one Bakery, can you buy another one, or is that not allowed?
Thanks
Hi Mrs Mags,
Yes you can go buy a second bakery and then come back to the Chains Manager and make that a chain provided you have all products in the bakery at dan level 7.

Taz D
Oct 28 2017, 01:47 PM
I don't get it. Why do all that programming so that ONLY the rich can play with the new features. Doesn't make any sense at all that you have to have 2 of any given facility to play with chains. But thanks anyway for the update.....I will hope and pray that you change this in the future.
Hi Angel,
Please note that both coin and farm cash facilities are usable in the Chains. That means even if you can not afford to buy the farm cash facilities needed you can still do the coins facilities and services. So it isn't just for the rich players.

Mrs Mags
Oct 28 2017, 01:48 PM
Hi Mrs Mags,
Yes you can go buy a second bakery and then come back to the Chains Manager and make that a chain provided you have all products in the bakery at dan level 7.

Thanks so much Taz x

June Nelson
Oct 28 2017, 02:44 PM
Sorry, but I definitely won't be taking part in the FT's latest brainstorm, the "Facility Chains"... far too complicated, not to mention time consuming and, no doubt, will cause nothing but "glitch headaches" for months to come. I REALLY wish the developers would work harder on fixing all the problems that already exist, rather than introducing a whole new set of them. Seems to me this game is fast losing its "fun" appeal, 'n becoming nothing more than a cash grab. Just saying.........................

Snookie Sue
Oct 28 2017, 02:55 PM
Hey mods - how much time do you think the facility chains will take to tend to each day?

Taz D
Oct 28 2017, 03:27 PM
Hey mods - how much time do you think the facility chains will take to tend to each day?
Hi Snookie Sue,
We don't have any idea really until it has all been fully implemented. To me though it looks like very little time. You have to spend some time determining which chain you want to start each week. Beyond that I see very little time added as you already fill and post your facilities and services. We don't know as far as the Export/Import until that is added.

MOM GLENDA
Oct 28 2017, 03:46 PM
Hi Angel,
Please note that both coin and farm cash facilities are usable in the Chains. That means even if you can not afford to buy the farm cash facilities needed you can still do the coins facilities and services. So it isn't just for the rich players. thats not what i understood when reading it the first time he wrote about this chain.i read that you have to buy cash ones also to be able to start a chain with the coins ones[QUOTE][/QUOTE just read what he said yesterday . guess we can do the chains when they coin facililtys then not do chains when they cash facilitys unless we can buy more cash ones

Eradani
Oct 28 2017, 03:48 PM
Hi Eradani,
This is not a new feature or change. When you uncheck the facilities then the ingredient planner ignores them for the totals of what you need to fill your facilities. That is what it is supposed to do and has done. It will only show you what ingredients you need to fill those facilities that are checked. That is what it was designed to do. If it showed what you need for the unchecked ones then you would get an incorrect amount needed.

this is a new bug fix. all i'm asking for is a fix for the fix just put in while the code whereabouts is still fresh in his mind

SNIP
3. Ingredient Planner Bug Fixes:

a) When unchecking facilities in the Facility Manager it was not being considered in the global Facility Manager ingredient planner, meaning if a facility was unchecked the ingredient requirements for that facility were still included in the ingredient planner results.

Taz D
Oct 28 2017, 04:11 PM
thats not what i understood when reading it the first time he wrote about this chain.i read that you have to buy cash ones also to be able to start a chain with the coins ones
Hi Mom Glenda,
That is not true as you can see from what we have this week and what Raul said. This week are coin facilities. There will be weeks for coin facilities, coin services, FC facilities and FC services.

liza1214
Oct 28 2017, 06:20 PM
with the new quests fumbling my way through it have started it but not 100% sure ive got the gist of it yet lol but would b nice if we could fill said factories or services from the quest manager as opposed to shutting quest manager then either going to that farm to fill or ferreting through facilitiy manger to fill would save time
like we do in the co op quests pleeeeeeeeease lol

Taz D
Oct 28 2017, 06:29 PM
with the new quests fumbling my way through it have started it but not 100% sure ive got the gist of it yet lol but would b nice if we could fill said factories or services from the quest manager as opposed to shutting quest manager then either going to that farm to fill or ferreting through facilitiy manger to fill would save time
like we do in the co op quests pleeeeeeeeease lol
Hi liza,
Are you talking about the quests or the new Facility Chains and the chains manager?

liza1214
Oct 28 2017, 06:37 PM
Hi liza,
Are you talking about the quests or the new Facility Chains and the chains manager?

yes i am talking about new facility chains sorry should have had more detail
i know u can export to service facilities but from wat i can see u cant load the factories from the new facility manager like u can in the co op quests
which would save time

Taz D
Oct 28 2017, 07:03 PM
i know u can export to service facilities but from wat i can see u cant load the factories from the new facility manager like u can in the co op quests
which would save time
Hi liza,
If you would like to make a suggestion for that please post it in the Suggestions section where the developers can see all the suggestions by subject. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

Aussie Rae
Oct 28 2017, 07:19 PM
which would save time

wish people had more of a positive attitude... it seems every time something new is introduced, instead of giving these things a go, its easier to be negative about them, a bit sad really as we are all crying out for new things... its early days yet, so give it a chance... you may end up being pleasantly surprised when the entire process is released and we know how it all works... :)

liza1214
Oct 28 2017, 07:39 PM
wish people had more of a positive attitude... it seems every time something new is introduced, instead of giving these things a go, its easier to be negative about them, a bit sad really as we are all crying out for new things... its early days yet, so give it a chance... you may end up being pleasantly surprised when the entire process is released and we know how it all works... :)

sorry aussie rae if u mistook my suggestion and wat i said as a bad attitude wasnt intended as i am giving them ago and love farmtown and am greatful for all that we have just that i noticed something that would make it a bit easier for all and unless we make these suggestions devs etc would never know :)

Snookie Sue
Oct 28 2017, 09:15 PM
Hi Snookie Sue,
We don't have any idea really until it has all been fully implemented. To me though it looks like very little time. You have to spend some time determining which chain you want to start each week. Beyond that I see very little time added as you already fill and post your facilities and services. We don't know as far as the Export/Import until that is added. I will check it out. <3

Aussie Rae
Oct 28 2017, 09:56 PM
sorry aussie rae if u mistook my suggestion and wat i said as a bad attitude wasnt intended as i am giving them ago and love farmtown and am greatful for all that we have just that i noticed something that would make it a bit easier for all and unless we make these suggestions devs etc would never know :)

I apologise as it was not intended to be a personal rebuke to you liza, more that so many others seem to be complaining when we don't yet know what the other parts of this new addition will be... its a waiting game and I am sure all will become clearer in the next few weeks... hopefully... all new additions take a while for us to become accustomed to, this is what makes ft so great... it challenges us.. makes for a very entertaining game, :)

carol0
Oct 29 2017, 12:31 AM

I dont think so... can't remember now but i just refilled them and they are still at the lower levels.

Aussie Rae
Oct 29 2017, 12:43 AM
I dont think so... can't remember now but i just refilled them and they are still at the lower levels.

if you open the Chain Facility Manager, under the tab, ADD CHAINS, it will tell you if the facility has been added or not... then click on MY CHAIN tab and then on CHECK LOCATIONS as that will show the facilities on the farms, you don't need to go to the farms to fill them, you can do it in the normal facility manager, the chosen facilities will be shaded in BLUE and have a little icon to let you know they are Chain Facilities..

liza1214
Oct 29 2017, 01:25 AM
I apologise as it was not intended to be a personal rebuke to you liza, more that so many others seem to be complaining when we don't yet know what the other parts of this new addition will be... its a waiting game and I am sure all will become clearer in the next few weeks... hopefully... all new additions take a while for us to become accustomed to, this is what makes ft so great... it challenges us.. makes for a very entertaining game, :)

yes is wat i love about this game all the new stuff and the challenges we face gives us something to work towards and keeps us entertained
not like other games that r the same all the time boring lol
i also look forward to more farms although i think im the only one that wants this lol:)

dave1949
Oct 29 2017, 02:54 AM
Im a little confused With regards the new facility chain., If you dont have 2 facilities with all Dans on the 7th, what is the point of doing this part of the game? How I read it you cant make a chain.

Farmer_Susan
Oct 29 2017, 07:26 AM
Hi liza,
If you would like to make a suggestion for that please post it in the Suggestions section where the developers can see all the suggestions by subject. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

I'm confused. I had a suggestion for the new chains thing, too - NOT a criticism - I just love trying to think of ways to make things better. No complaints at all. However, I am confused about where you'd like us to put stuff like that. I just checked and I didn't see a thread in Suggestions for this new feature so that would mean if we post our ideas in Suggestions, they'll be scattered. I would think the developers would rather have all of our suggestions posted here in this thread so they just have to come to one place?

Just let me know. I'll do whatever. Ha! Guess I had a suggestion about where to put my suggestion! LOL Where should I have put THAT??? LOL

maggiel29
Oct 29 2017, 07:47 AM
About the new chains. Am I right in thinking that the bonus % products we get from a chain facility go for "export" but the normal production can be used by other facilities? So with the bakery if I make 100 breads I get 100 to use on the farm and 40 to sell at a higher price? (Excluding any extras for belt bonuses). I think I am going to enjoy this - I just need to get everything at Dan 7 - cant actually do a chain yet.

marymarcel
Oct 29 2017, 08:38 AM
Im a little confused With regards the new facility chain., If you dont have 2 facilities with all Dans on the 7th, what is the point of doing this part of the game? How I read it you cant make a chain.

Hi dave1949 :)

You need to have, at least, 2 facilities of the same type, and yes, all products in that facility with 7th Dan degree.

When you click in your Facility chains manager, you will see a list of the facilites you own. This week is only for coins facilites. For example, you can try your Bakery as you have more than 2 and check if all products are 7th dan and create your chain. Only 2 bakery will make a chain, the others will produce as usual. :)

marymarcel
Oct 29 2017, 09:08 AM
I'm confused. I had a suggestion for the new chains thing, too - NOT a criticism - I just love trying to think of ways to make things better. No complaints at all. However, I am confused about where you'd like us to put stuff like that. I just checked and I didn't see a thread in Suggestions for this new feature so that would mean if we post our ideas in Suggestions, they'll be scattered. I would think the developers would rather have all of our suggestions posted here in this thread so they just have to come to one place?

Just let me know. I'll do whatever. Ha! Guess I had a suggestion about where to put my suggestion! LOL Where should I have put THAT??? LOL

Hi Susan :)

You can post your suggestions for the new feature in the following link from Suggestions section:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595090

Farmer_Susan
Oct 29 2017, 09:31 AM
Hi Susan :)

You can post your suggestions for the new feature in the following link from Suggestions section:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595090

Okie doke, thanks. : )

So we post questions or bugs here, suggestions there?

dave1949
Oct 29 2017, 09:53 AM
Hi dave1949 :)

You need to have, at least, 2 facilities of the same type, and yes, all products in that facility with 7th Dan degree.

When you click in your Facility chains manager, you will see a list of the facilites you own. This week is only for coins facilites. For example, you can try your Bakery as you have more than 2 and check if all products are 7th dan and create your chain. Only 2 bakery will make a chain, the others will produce as usual. :)

TY, so as I dont have the 7 dans, what is the point of me doing it. What do I gain.

Taz D
Oct 29 2017, 10:05 AM
TY, so as I dont have the 7 dans, what is the point of me doing it. What do I gain.
Hi Dave,
If you don't have the 7th dans then you can't do it for those facilities until you have reached the 7th dan for all the products in it.
Next week we should get service facilities to choose to start a chain with and you may be able to do that to be able to import some of the "premium" products from one of your neighbors and make extra coins.

dave1949
Oct 29 2017, 10:17 AM
Hi Dave,
If you don't have the 7th dans then you can't do it for those facilities until you have reached the 7th dan for all the products in it.
Next week we should get service facilities to choose to start a chain with and you may be able to do that to be able to import some of the "premium" products from one of your neighbors and make extra coins.

Thank you, if I have it right a lot of farmers will gain nothing from the new facility chain at the moment.

Taz D
Oct 29 2017, 10:23 AM
Thank you, if I have it right a lot of farmers will gain nothing from the new facility chain at the moment.
Hi Dave,
As this just started we still do not have all the features or even a complete understanding of how it will all work. So I for one, will not assume anything about it until we see how this will all work.

dave1949
Oct 29 2017, 10:30 AM
Hi Dave,
As this just started we still do not have all the features or even a complete understanding of how it will all work. So I for one, will not assume anything about it until we see how this will all work.

Thx Taz. If u dont have a understanding of it, people like me got no chance. lol. Thank you anyway

Taz D
Oct 29 2017, 10:40 AM
Thx Taz. If u dont have a understanding of it, people like me got no chance. lol. Thank you anyway
Hi Dave,
I said we don't fully understand it because it just started yesterday and not everything is active yet. We moderators do not have any advanced or additional information than you do. We are all in the learning curve right now. Instead of being negative about it, we should wait and see what the rest of the process will be and see where we can all participate. Not everyone will be able to jump right into this because of the requirements to be able to start a chain. The newer players will have something to shoot for to get to the point they can do the chains as a goal.

dave1949
Oct 29 2017, 10:58 AM
Hi Dave,
I said we don't fully understand it because it just started yesterday and not everything is active yet. We moderators do not have any advanced or additional information than you do. We are all in the learning curve right now. Instead of being negative about it, we should wait and see what the rest of the process will be and see where we can all participate. Not everyone will be able to jump right into this because of the requirements to be able to start a chain. The newer players will have something to shoot for to get to the point they can do the chains as a goal.

I was not trying to be negative, only getting it right in my head.

franger
Oct 29 2017, 11:32 AM
Hi

I'm level 875 and have been playing the wrong way I guess for 7 years. I can't find ANY facilities where ALL the products have reached 7 dans. Even the bakery. Especially the bakery which is the one of the first ones from the olden days. :)

But I have hope. There is one facility that I'm only short one Dan so in a few weeks I will see how this works.

Love the game anyhow.

ijago
Oct 30 2017, 04:41 AM
Its great getting new stuff but its getting out of hand now its costing to much can't they think of reducing the cost of everything most people are on a budget

LizaLee
Oct 30 2017, 04:45 AM
Thank you for the updates!

Auntie Al
Oct 30 2017, 05:25 AM
Wowsa, yes, I need some antacids to help digest all this. But it does seem a little high priced on the FC chains since you need 2 of the same facility. I have duplicates of some coin service facilities due to need but I doubt I would spend 30-32 farm cash just to get a better price on products.

cjbraswell
Oct 30 2017, 05:25 AM
the facility chains would be great if neighbors actually talked to each other, but i have to say i don't think that is the case much anymore because neighbors are not allowed to get the bonus chest if they work their neighbors farms for harvest. seems to me if you want neighbors to help each other with the facilities, you would lift the rule on not being able to collect bonus checks too, because i tell you, hiring from the market sucks, people quit on you, then you have to figure out what has and has not been done, either do it yourself or go back and hire someone to go through your farms for you.

and i a grateful and thank you for the new update, just wish for once i would see an update where the coin facilities are released first, and the fc ones are the ones you have to wait for.

off my soap box now.

maggiel29
Oct 30 2017, 05:34 AM
Very happy bunny. I thought I would lose my Soft Drink Fac chain because I still need one item at Dan 7 - but they just changed and I haven't lost my existing chain because all the requirements aren't met. Brilliant - thank you

Zeeky Banutski
Oct 30 2017, 05:49 AM
I don't have the time to read through all the posts, but I'm trying to understand this new "chain" feature - seems pretty straightforward...

However, surely there's an easy way to determine "dan" levels? I started 2 "chains" only to find out that they were both at the "dan" level of 6...grrrr - had to delete them both.

Finding the time to drill down through all 100 facilities (or however many facilities are offered each week) just isn't in the cards for me...is there an easier way to figure out which facilities meet the criteria?

WAIT! I've got an idea - how about making only those facilities that meet the "dan" criteria, be the ones that show up on your list?

perryalexander
Oct 30 2017, 06:17 AM
Sorry, but I definitely won't be taking part in the FT's latest brainstorm, the "Facility Chains"... far too complicated, not to mention time consuming and, no doubt, will cause nothing but "glitch headaches" for months to come. I REALLY wish the developers would work harder on fixing all the problems that already exist, rather than introducing a whole new set of them. Seems to me this game is fast losing its "fun" appeal, 'n becoming nothing more than a cash grab. Just saying.........................

Well said! Ranks up there with the Tasteless service facilities.

knolan
Oct 30 2017, 06:36 AM
Well said! Ranks up there with the Tasteless service facilities.

I happen to agree with you wholeheartedly!! Their mission has changed. They're taking advantage of those addicted to the game, and are constantly presenting ways to price gouge. It used to be fun to play, and I used to look forward to new releases. Now, I dread them. One reason is bcuz I don't have the money I once had & can't afford to spend $100 every month to buy facilities, land upgrades, etc. It actually costs more than that when you add up everything you want. I fall farther & farther behind with the number of farms I have. Bcuz it's too expensive in both ways. I become discouraged & don't enjoy playing like I used to. Cheers to those who've tapped into a million dollar business & able to suck up monies from their players.

angeleyes84
Oct 30 2017, 06:44 AM
why is the halloween decorations not in the gifts? halloween is tomorrow and usually you don't start the thanksgiving decorations until a week later. didn't get to send out any of the new stuff :(

JNelson
Oct 30 2017, 07:40 AM
love the thanksgiving decorations but i hadn't finished my Halloween farm yet :( you never take them down til after the holiday is over - feeling disappointed - can you please put them back up at least til this weekend?

marymarcel
Oct 30 2017, 07:42 AM
why is the halloween decorations not in the gifts? halloween is tomorrow and usually you don't start the thanksgiving decorations until a week later. didn't get to send out any of the new stuff :(

love the thanksgiving decorations but i hadn't finished my Halloween farm yet :( you never take them down til after the holiday is over - feeling disappointed - can you please put them back up at least til this weekend?

Hi angeleyes84 and JNelson :)

We have emailed the developers about the Halloween decors.

mrsdont
Oct 30 2017, 07:44 AM
Have i missed halloween??? where are the decorations gone?? I am disappointed int his update. 6 new facs. no new crops or production increase or anything. More and more FC items getting released and it is not fair on people who cannot afford to buy or on a limited budget. Not too sure about this new facility chain thing, sounds too much hassle to me

debhurst51
Oct 30 2017, 08:09 AM
I've been on farm town for a minimum of probably five years, maybe more, but it's getting too expensive. You guys are great at putting out creative eating facilities but they're always farm cash. As an individual on fixed income, it's coming to the point where the money put out to get those farm cash items is just too much to handle and lessening the enjoyment of the game. I know if you were able to see how much money I've spent, you would see that the likely-hood of you losing good revenue because of greed is becoming great. Very disappointed. Used to when you bought a new "farm", you had a larger plot of land. Now you only get 12x12. You make it harder to upgrade to a larger size....all because of your greed. I'm at the top level and I see no reward for your long timers. Please don't tell me about the interacting with others to play...no thanks.

Tiger
Oct 30 2017, 08:52 AM
I've been on farm town for a minimum of probably five years, maybe more, but it's getting too expensive. You guys are great at putting out creative eating facilities but they're always farm cash. As an individual on fixed income, it's coming to the point where the money put out to get those farm cash items is just too much to handle and lessening the enjoyment of the game. I know if you were able to see how much money I've spent, you would see that the likely-hood of you losing good revenue because of greed is becoming great. Very disappointed. Used to when you bought a new "farm", you had a larger plot of land. Now you only get 12x12. You make it harder to upgrade to a larger size....all because of your greed. I'm at the top level and I see no reward for your long timers. Please don't tell me about the interacting with others to play...no thanks.

Hi debhurst51,

The new farms have always started at the 12x12 size. You can check this for yourself in the Game Guide for land expansions.

Buddy
Oct 30 2017, 09:19 AM
I have unchecked several facilities and the needed ingredients for those facilities are still showing up in the list...for instance, the tea factory...tea is still showing up in the needed list?Thanks!!

VondaK
Oct 30 2017, 09:53 AM
Thank you for all you do. Really enjoy your game. :)

alyceclover
Oct 30 2017, 09:53 AM

Me too. And I read it several times...slowly.

"3. ( Export ) products can not be consumed by your own service facilities

b) Export them to a neighbour who has a chain of the facility that can consume those products"

Meaning? If we import* a product we can not use it to fill our service facilities, but if we export product to a neighbor, the neighbor can use them in their facilities?

*That is, if a neighbor exports a product to us.

Yes, I could get a knotted rope, then sell it for pure profit, but I would rather be able to use it in Pet Store, since I do not have knitting mill.

alyceclover
Oct 30 2017, 10:01 AM
Hi

I'm level 875 and have been playing the wrong way I guess for 7 years. I can't find ANY facilities where ALL the products have reached 7 dans. Even the bakery. Especially the bakery which is the one of the first ones from the olden days. :)

But I have hope. There is one facility that I'm only short one Dan so in a few weeks I will see how this works.

Love the game anyhow.

I have never tried to reach 7 Dan Degrees for production ~ I finished all Dans for crops; now working on trees & flowers which is harder to calculate (except soon I will be able to move Juniper trees to inactive farm and not have to harvest them again.)

I did not check the facility I impulsively choose. Maybe Hamburger joint or Pizza or Sandwich shop should be 7's...

Sqrl
Oct 30 2017, 10:51 AM
Sorry about the deletion. I'm even more confused than I thought about the belts! Never paid them much attention before. But it seems I've reached Green (4th Dan?) which is the top one available for frybread. So no way to reach seventh Dan? so my bakeries will never achieve chain status? Taz, help us out here! lol. Is the Belts popup in game accurate?

Tiger
Oct 30 2017, 10:57 AM
Sorry about the deletion. I'm even more confused than I thought about the belts! Never paid them much attention before. But it seems I've reached Green (4th Dan?) which is the top one available for frybread. So no way to reach seventh Dan? so my bakeries will never achieve chain status? Taz, help us out here! lol. Is the Belts popup in game accurate?

Hi Sqrl,

Frybread goes up to 7th dan degree. I have it.

If your belt is all green with a 4 in it then you are only at green belt and haven't reached the dans yet.

You can check what the colours of the belts and dans are in the Game Guide about belts. Here's the link http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495610

marymarcel
Oct 30 2017, 11:12 AM

Post-Release Updates - October 30th, 11:20AM

- Halloween items were removed by mistake, we just added them back.

Sqrl
Oct 30 2017, 11:12 AM
Hi Sqrl,

Frybread goes up to 7th dan degree. I have it.

If your belt is all green with a 4 in it then you are only at green belt and haven't reached the dans yet.

You can check what the colours of the belts and dans are in the Game Guide about belts. Here's the link http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495610

OIC!

I got confused between belts and Dans. Thank you for your endless patience with us befuddled farmers! So on looking closer at the frybread it has a green belt with a 7 so that's Seventh Dan? How come I have that on a newish product but not on the apple pies that have been there forever? lol never mind i expect it all makes sense to the devs!

(I bought a fifth bakery btw so I expect I will get there eventually)

Laureigh
Oct 30 2017, 11:14 AM
Am I the only one think it is wrong they have already taken away the Halloween items for Thanksgiving, when Halloween isn't until tomorrow.

marymarcel
Oct 30 2017, 11:16 AM
Am I the only one think it is wrong they have already taken away the Halloween items for Thanksgiving, when Halloween isn't until tomorrow.

Hi Laureigh :)

They are back, I posted about that 2 posts above yours. :)

Laureigh
Oct 30 2017, 11:46 AM
Hi Laureigh :)

They are back, I posted about that 2 posts above yours. :)

Thanks, I just saw that

sestree
Oct 30 2017, 12:36 PM
The most recent thing I noticed (from a few days ago) is I can no longer sell items as I do not have the 8 neighbor trophy. Sad. I *used* to be able to and if I deleted something the mayor auctioned it off and gave me coins. Now it's just delete or add to storage. I'm an above 800 level player. Again just sad. One of the things I originally liked about farmtown was you did *not* need to play with friends or have friends who played. Now???? yeah. eh meh I guess it is what it is.

mastermouse
Oct 30 2017, 01:55 PM
so this chain feature is useless if all your products aren't 7th Dan???? I am level 875 and have played for years and I don't think any of my facilities have everything 7th Dan.

Taz D
Oct 30 2017, 04:29 PM
so this chain feature is useless if all your products aren't 7th Dan???? I am level 875 and have played for years and I don't think any of my facilities have everything 7th Dan.
Hi Mastermouse,
Since the 7th dans were not released for the facility products until August 24th then I am sure a lot of players are in the same situation. It is just something more to work for. You can still start a chain even though you don't have all the 7th dans for that facility. The chain will not be active until you get all the products to the 7th dan, but you are indicating you want to work to get that facility to meet the requirements. As soon as you get them all to 7th dan then it will start producing the extra product.

Victorious Vivian
Oct 30 2017, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the new updates however what happened to Rememrance Day in between Hallowe'en and Thanksgiving??

sestree
Oct 30 2017, 05:09 PM
Ya know, I got huffy earlier but I've thought about it. Compared to where this game was when I started playing? WOW the great changes. On my issue I'll either figure out a work around, it will go back to not acting like that, or I'll gain another neighbor (any takers? I do play daily).

I remember waiting almost a year for an update. That was a LONG time ago but I do remember that. I also remember plowing one little square field at a time and the cursor jumping. Trying to find your trees that were ready. How excited we all were at our first rivers. Anybody else remember those days? Thanks Raul - you ROCK !

carol0
Oct 30 2017, 05:41 PM
if you open the Chain Facility Manager, under the tab, ADD CHAINS, it will tell you if the facility has been added or not... then click on MY CHAIN tab and then on CHECK LOCATIONS as that will show the facilities on the farms, you don't need to go to the farms to fill them, you can do it in the normal facility manager, the chosen facilities will be shaded in BLUE and have a little icon to let you know they are Chain Facilities..

OK i guess what happened is that I just thought it started. I clicked on it, then it popped up a thing saying it had to be emptied, and did i want to empty it now
I clicked on yes, and Iguess I thought that took care of it. That is what I get for thinking right? lol. I got it now.. just have to wait to see what the process brings. I still am not sure what the benefit is of this but everything else that the devs have come up with has been mostly a pretty good idea ;). I have been playing for almost 9 years now... sure not going to stop because I havent figured something out yet . Thanks.

eastcoast
Oct 30 2017, 05:48 PM
restaurants again for $

Snookie Sue
Oct 30 2017, 05:58 PM
I am hesitant to start the new neighborhood chains. Please let me know how much time this will take each day fellow farmers. Have to live a life outside of FT. Thanks

Taz D
Oct 30 2017, 06:02 PM
I am hesitant to start the new neighborhood chains. Please let me know how much time this will take each day fellow farmers. Have to live a life outside of FT. Thanks
Hi Snookie Sue,
As we don't have all of the Facility Chains items released yet we don't know how much time it will take. However, I am pretty sure that it will not take much time at all.

Taz D
Oct 30 2017, 06:06 PM
Ya know, I got huffy earlier but I've thought about it. Compared to where this game was when I started playing? WOW the great changes. On my issue I'll either figure out a work around, it will go back to not acting like that, or I'll gain another neighbor (any takers? I do play daily).

I remember waiting almost a year for an update. That was a LONG time ago but I do remember that. I also remember plowing one little square field at a time and the cursor jumping. Trying to find your trees that were ready. How excited we all were at our first rivers. Anybody else remember those days? Thanks Raul - you ROCK !
Hi sestree,
We do have a thread in the Social section for Facebook Neighbor Requests. I am sure you can find some there or post your own request.

sestree
Oct 30 2017, 06:12 PM
I know - my name is out there on that thread. That was more of a silly joke. Guess I should have used an emoticon huh?

docmm6
Oct 30 2017, 06:37 PM
I just checked the new chain contest and had different ones showing so started chain with the perfume factory. The problem is when I go to check location it is showing 2 farms numbered 31. The farm withe the perfume should be farm 32 which is skipped and not showing. I have switched farms around over time but no idea where and whuch but this is the 1st time I have seen a farm skipped and 2 with the same number even though the names after the number is different.

Taz D
Oct 30 2017, 06:42 PM
I just checked the new chain contest and had different ones showing so started chain with the perfume factory. The problem is when I go to check location it is showing 2 farms numbered 31. The farm withe the perfume should be farm 32 which is skipped and not showing. I have switched farms around over time but no idea where and whuch but this is the 1st time I have seen a farm skipped and 2 with the same number even though the names after the number is different.
Hi docmm,
When you look at the locations for the facility chain if you have changed the name on your farms then you see the name you added rather than the number. Check your farm names in the farm selector manager and see if you don't have 2 that are labeled farm 31.

MOM GLENDA
Oct 30 2017, 06:46 PM
Hi Mom Glenda,
That is not true as you can see from what we have this week and what Raul said. This week are coin facilities. There will be weeks for coin facilities, coin services, FC facilities and FC services. i typed again and corrected what i said .that is how it sounded when i read the first time he typed about this .he not saying that now . guess i did not understand what he was saying the first time. sorry

docmm6
Oct 30 2017, 06:52 PM
Thanks have it taking care of. I guess I just look at the diamonds and never thought to check farm name. Sorry about bothering you over my screw-up.

Aussie Rae
Oct 30 2017, 07:21 PM
was just able to start my 2nd Chain, :) have the Bakery and Flower Shop working away producing those extra items that are not costing me anything in ingredients, and will generate pure profit if sold to the Mayor..

sestree
Oct 30 2017, 07:36 PM
I didn't see this question but I might have missed it. When we do the store all/start all/load all on the regular facilities manager, does it load the service facility on the chain?

Taz D
Oct 30 2017, 07:44 PM
I didn't see this question but I might have missed it. When we do the store all/start all/load all on the regular facilities manager, does it load the service facility on the chain?
Hi sestree,
As that part has not been released yet for the service facilities to be added to chains, then we will have to wait and see how it will work.

rodneycs
Oct 30 2017, 11:22 PM
buy the tool, EXCAVATOR, and you can delete the entire farm of plowed fields or as may trees, flowers etc that you want...

we only have the bulldozer 12 x 12 and yet we have other tools for 16 x 16

Taz D
Oct 30 2017, 11:27 PM
we only have the bulldozer 12 x 12 and yet we have other tools for 16 x 16
Hi Rodneycs,
If you want to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where we group all the suggestions by subject for the developers to see. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

NJones277
Oct 31 2017, 04:34 AM
I may have missed it, but is there any way we can get the facilities/client listed in the manager that can be made into chains? Takes forever to look and look and find stuff that's missing one or more Dan 7's. Thanks.

Aussie Rae
Oct 31 2017, 06:29 AM
I may have missed it, but is there any way we can get the facilities/client listed in the manager that can be made into chains? Takes forever to look and look and find stuff that's missing one or more Dan 7's. Thanks.

What I did was make a list of all my facilities that did not have all items at 7th Dan, of the 249 production facilities that others can work, I now only have 35 with one or two items that need to reach that magic 7th Dan. It took me a couple of days to do but was worth the effort.. as each facility out of the 35 reaches 7th Dan in all items, I delete it from my list... :) total number of production facilities on my farms is 1,265.

melori34
Oct 31 2017, 08:05 AM
It's always nice to have updates and I don't want to be one of those complainers but.....how bout working out the bugs first. I understand it's been said to be a Facebook problem but I'd assume Farmtown needs to work with FB. I've not been able to send trains or gift properly for weeks. I've hear about a trick to beat the speeding window but have not been able to do that either. :confused: It's all getting very old and frustrating. Any fix foreseen in the near future? :(

Tiger
Oct 31 2017, 08:17 AM
It's always nice to have updates and I don't want to be one of those complainers but.....how bout working out the bugs first. I understand it's been said to be a Facebook problem but I'd assume Farmtown needs to work with FB. I've not been able to send trains or gift properly for weeks. I've hear about a trick to beat the speeding window but have not been able to do that either. :confused: It's all getting very old and frustrating. Any fix foreseen in the near future? :(

Hi melori34,

I'm sorry but all we can tell you is that Facebook are still working on fixing the shrinking window. They do not inform us of how long that will take. The workaround for the shrinking window is in the following post. It may not work for everyone and it may not working in all browsers, all you can do is give it a try and perhaps try another browser if you wish. Here's the link to that post >
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6194130#post6194130

Queen.of.Clutter
Oct 31 2017, 01:26 PM
was just able to start my 2nd Chain, :) have the Bakery and Flower Shop working away producing those extra items that are not costing me anything in ingredients, and will generate pure profit if sold to the Mayor..

I just tried to start a 2nd chain, and I get a notification that states I can start another one next week. How are you able to have 2 going??

Tiger
Oct 31 2017, 01:31 PM
I just tried to start a 2nd chain, and I get a notification that states I can start another one next week. How are you able to have 2 going??

Hi Queen.of.Clutter,

You can add one chain a week.

You have from Monday 12:00AM up to the next Monday 12:00AM to add a chain.

Some already started a chain last week when they were first released so they have started another one this week.

jan tanner
Oct 31 2017, 10:48 PM
I tried to start a chain and not one of the facs.I tried to make a chain out of has any 7 degree dan.I find that very suspect I have been Playing since June of 2009 and bought these facs.as soon as they came out and keep them filled at all times,is this a glitch?

Taz D
Oct 31 2017, 11:07 PM
I tried to start a chain and not one of the facs.I tried to make a chain out of has any 7 degree dan.I find that very suspect I have been Playing since June of 2009 and bought these facs.as soon as they came out and keep them filled at all times,is this a glitch?
Hi Jan,
The 7th dans were only released with the August 24th release, so only have been out for a couple months. Prior to that the facility product dans only went to 6th dan. So length of time playing has nothing to do with it.
You can go ahead and select what you want for a chain for this week, then when you achieve all the 7th dans it will start creating the extra products you can Export.

Aussie Rae
Nov 01 2017, 03:41 AM
loving these chains facs... so far have stored over 67 million coins worth of free goods that I did not have to supply the ingredients for.... :)

cjbraswell
Nov 01 2017, 05:42 AM
if you do not have all of the products at Dan 7 or whatever it is, will it still work for the products you do have at the correct dan?

Tiger
Nov 01 2017, 08:26 AM
if you do not have all of the products at Dan 7 or whatever it is, will it still work for the products you do have at the correct dan?

Hi cjbraswell,

To be able to store (export) goods and have the export button showing to you , you must reach "Chain status" which is the 2 facilites and ALL the products in the facilities at 7th Dan. As soon as you reach Chain Status you will be able to store export products and participate in the rest of the feature when it is released.

jan tanner
Nov 01 2017, 12:45 PM
ok thank you

beverduster
Nov 01 2017, 03:28 PM
thanks for the new facs, mr raul

Tiger
Nov 01 2017, 03:30 PM
Hi everyone, in case you haven't seen in yet. From the release post >>

Post-Release Updates - November 1st, 3:50PM

- Released 4 New facilities: Arcade Supplies Factory, Music Band Supplies Factory, Arcade Game Center, and Classical Music Band.
- New 'Part of a Chain' filters in the Facility Manager to show only facilities that are part of a chain. Notice the radio (rounded) buttons were changed to drop downs.
- When setting the Facility Chains manager icon as a shortcut, clicking on it didn't work every time.

bruhelmboldt
Nov 01 2017, 03:33 PM
Oh Boy! Classical Music. Now if we only had sound!!

RoseArienh
Nov 01 2017, 05:16 PM
Thank you so much for the classical music band! Coolest facility ever, and just what my farms needed. :)

sestree
Nov 01 2017, 05:51 PM
YAY New Facilities !!!!!

jeannine_p
Nov 01 2017, 06:32 PM
4 FC facilities? dang thats a bit much, dont ya think?

Ellsinore
Nov 01 2017, 07:33 PM
I'm trying to remain optimistic, but finding it hard to do right now.

I was already getting frustrated with the quests because I've been chasing my 2FC in both the quests and coop quests because I keep getting stuck with items that need to be completed with the lingerie facilities -- which I haven't been able to buy yet. I know Farm Town needs cash, but having one or two stuck in my quest managers at all times because I don't have them yet isn't "random" at all. Now we have several more FC facilities that I won't be able to get for awhile -- which is fine and I'm used to that -- but how many more quests will get "stuck" because I can't complete them? I've noticed for a long time that as soon as new FC facilities are released, they're required for quests almost immediately. I'm starting to think it's time to shelve quests until I can get the facilities.

I quit doing the ships because I couldn't maintain enough people playing on my list to keep them moving. I don't mind adding not-real-friends to my games -- I have NO friends who play! -- but when it became a constant job, it was too much. And I don't mind adding newbies to my friends lists, either -- but they don't last more than a month, maybe, and it's time to replace them as well.

Now the chains are taking way too long to figure out -- and it's only week #2. The facilities I *need* stuff for either don't have the required new degrees or they aren't on the list at all -- or I don't have two of them. But you don't find out any of this until you try to create the chain.

While I very much appreciate all the efforts to keep the game interesting, it seems that it's just getting more frustrating. :-( I can keep harvesting and plowing and decorating -- but that kind of defeats the purpose of having all these new features.

Queen.of.Clutter
Nov 01 2017, 08:43 PM

August release there were 4 of them also .... September there were 3 .... now this release another 4 -- at least we can look forward to a whole 25 FC every 3 months .... *sigh*

Lara
Nov 01 2017, 09:38 PM
One of the production items that needs to be increased is the Ebony Lumber Pile. You keep adding more requirements for it and it is lower production than the other timber. I have plenty of ebony to make into the lumber piles I just can't keep up with the amount needed even though I reload multiple time a day and have multiple sawmills and millions of other types of lumber piles. I am about to add more sawmills but that probably won't help until you increase the actual production in the sawmills

Taz D
Nov 01 2017, 10:59 PM
Raul just added this:
Post-Release Updates - November 1st, 11:30PM

- The new 'Part of a Chain' filters in the Facility Manager, released a while ago, now shows all the facilities that are part of a chain, even when they haven't reached the Chain Status yet. The ones that have reached the Chain Status will appear with a blue background.

Aussie Rae
Nov 01 2017, 11:54 PM
fyi.. I no longer have the shrinking window, :) also cannot wait for Monday so I can start another Chain, :)

maggiel29
Nov 02 2017, 03:41 AM
Oh WOW thanks for the new Facs - music bands - love it.

cjbraswell
Nov 02 2017, 04:49 AM
Hi cjbraswell,

To be able to store (export) goods and have the export button showing to you , you must reach "Chain status" which is the 2 facilites and ALL the products in the facilities at 7th Dan. As soon as you reach Chain Status you will be able to store export products and participate in the rest of the feature when it is released.

it is a shame the developers did not write the code to where you only have to have 1 facility ie: 1 bakery, and it only gave you more products for the products that you reach the 7 Dan for, seeing as how they have already said more products will be added to various facilities in the future.

at least this way, EVERYONE would have benefited a little, i am sorry, as hard as it is for me to come by FC, i am certainly not going to buy 2 coin facilities just so i can participate in something the devs dream up for the game.

EARTH TO DEVS, COME BACK DOWN TO EARTH.

leighwj1960
Nov 02 2017, 05:46 AM
In the Chains it states that ( Export ) products can not be consumed by your own service facilities. Are we still able to use these products as ingredients in other production facilities? If we can't then I will probably have to pass on this new feature since I need all I produce to feed into my production facilities to keep them producing.

Zeeky Banutski
Nov 02 2017, 06:30 AM
"...The new 'Part of a Chain' filters in the Facility Manager, released a while ago, now shows all the facilities that are part of a chain, even when they haven't reached the Chain Status yet. The ones that have reached the Chain Status will appear with a blue background...."

Why am I not finding this?

Tiger
Nov 02 2017, 07:22 AM
In the Chains it states that ( Export ) products can not be consumed by your own service facilities. Are we still able to use these products as ingredients in other production facilities? If we can't then I will probably have to pass on this new feature since I need all I produce to feed into my production facilities to keep them producing.

Hi leighwj1960,

The facilites entered into a chain still make the regular products that you can use in your service facilites. Once you have entered them into a chain and have reached chain status you also get EXTRA products which are (export) for use to sell or export to a neighbours facilites for even more coins.

Tiger
Nov 02 2017, 07:24 AM
Why am I not finding this?

Hi Zeeky Banutski,

Open your facility manager and click on the Funnel. A box will open called "Facility Filter" Look under Regular facilites and under Service facilities for a drop down arrow to the right of "All". Click on it and you will see "Part of a Chain".

Zeeky Banutski
Nov 02 2017, 07:46 AM
Hi Zeeky Banutski,

Open your facility manager and click on the Funnel. A box will open called "Facility Filter" Look under Regular facilites and under Service facilities for a drop down arrow to the right of "All". Click on it and you will see "Part of a Chain".

Got it - thanks!

Tiger
Nov 02 2017, 07:47 AM
Got it - thanks!

you are welcome :)

cjbraswell
Nov 02 2017, 09:44 AM
Hi leighwj1960,

The facilites entered into a chain still make the regular products that you can use in your service facilites. Once you have entered them into a chain and have reached chain status you also get EXTRA products which are (export) for use to sell or export to a neighbours facilites for even more coins.

no thank you, if i cannot use it in my facility, i have no need for this feature

Fireball
Nov 02 2017, 06:30 PM
I want out of the facility chain and I have unchecked those facilities but they are still showing up as part of the chain. Out, out out.

Taz D
Nov 02 2017, 06:43 PM
I want out of the facility chain and I have unchecked those facilities but they are still showing up as part of the chain. Out, out out.
Hi Fireball,
If you have a complete facility chain then you can't delete the chain yet as that function has not been completed yet. If your chain was not completed (2 facilities and the 7th dan for all products) then you can go to the My Chains and click on the delete chain.

Just for curiousity why do you want out of the facility chains?

Farmer_Susan
Nov 02 2017, 07:27 PM
loving these chains facs... so far have stored over 67 million coins worth of free goods that I did not have to supply the ingredients for.... :)

Is that the way it works? When something is in a chain, we don't have to have the ingredients??? I must have missed that very important point! LOL

That's WAY cool!

Tiger
Nov 02 2017, 07:34 PM
Is that the way it works? When something is in a chain, we don't have to have the ingredients??? I must have missed that very important point! LOL

That's WAY cool!

Hi Farmer_Susan,

You still need to supply your facs. It's the (export) products that you that didn't cost you any ingredients or time. The (export) products are what you get on top of what your facilites are producing for making them into a chain and reaching chain status.

Farmer_Susan
Nov 02 2017, 09:22 PM
Hi Farmer_Susan,

You still need to supply your facs. It's the (export) products that you that didn't cost you any ingredients or time. The (export) products are what you get on top of what your facilites are producing for making them into a chain and reaching chain status.

Oh, ok. The export part hasn't been released yet, right? Or did I miss those instructions?

Taz D
Nov 02 2017, 09:27 PM
Oh, ok. The export part hasn't been released yet, right? Or did I miss those instructions?
Hi Susan,
No the Export part has not been released yet. And we don't have the services chains yet to export to them.

Fireball
Nov 03 2017, 03:00 PM
I clicked on Pizza for my first one last week and beer for this week. The one for beer is ok as it gives me a good return but not so much on the pizza. As I understand, I do not reap the benefits from these facilities. I now have four (4 ) and guess I do not fully understand the rules as do many people.
Just how many facilities can we have? Am I to understand that each week I can add two (2 ) facilities? If so then what is the limit that a person can have?

Taz D
Nov 03 2017, 03:19 PM
I clicked on Pizza for my first one last week and beer for this week. The one for beer is ok as it gives me a good return but not so much on the pizza. As I understand, I do not reap the benefits from these facilities. I now have four (4 ) and guess I do not fully understand the rules as do many people.
Just how many facilities can we have? Am I to understand that each week I can add two (2 ) facilities? If so then what is the limit that a person can have?
Hi Fireball,
Regardless of how many of a facility you have only 2 of them are added to the chain. So only 2 will produce the Premium products.

Fireball
Nov 03 2017, 05:30 PM
That was my real question..but..the pizza from last week and now the brewery are also showing BLUE. I need to delete one of them. So confused and hate to keep bugging you.

marymarcel
Nov 03 2017, 05:38 PM
That was my real question..but..the pizza from last week and now the brewery are also showing BLUE. I need to delete one of them. So confused and hate to keep bugging you.

Hi Fireball :)

I'm sorry but the Delete button function has not been released yet.

Aussie Rae
Nov 03 2017, 05:58 PM

just sell off all those extra ingredients that get added to storage in the Chain filter when you go to market.. its pure profit as your own ingredients are not used for these chain products.. or you can keep them in case one of your neighbors needs to get those products for their own chain when the rest of the details get released... :)

Taz D
Nov 03 2017, 06:04 PM
Hi Fireball,
You can add one facility type with 2 facilities each week. We do not know what the limit is, but know that you are still getting the products to use in your own services plus the additional products to sell or send to your neighbors if they havea service chain (not released yet) that can use them.

nickydwuk
Nov 04 2017, 02:33 PM
Any idea when the next stage is to be released?

marymarcel
Nov 04 2017, 02:41 PM
Any idea when the next stage is to be released?

Hi nickydwuk :)

I'm sorry but we dont get any extra information from the developers

vda2354
Nov 04 2017, 05:30 PM
I just sold the production from the facilities from the new chains but did not receive the coins. Problem or did I doing something wrong? Thanks, Vicki

JNelson
Nov 04 2017, 05:34 PM
have question about chains and not sure where to put it, it says the production of the ones u choose cannot be use by your own facilities, but is that the total production of just those 2 facilities or is it all production of the number of units you have of that facility, and is it just the xtra production that is not available or all of the production

marymarcel
Nov 04 2017, 05:50 PM
I just sold the production from the facilities from the new chains but did not receive the coins. Problem or did I doing something wrong? Thanks, Vicki

Hi vda2354 :)

I just had a look at your data and you sold Non ingredients all and the coins were added to your amount.

As far as I could see export products from your chains for Breakfast restaurant and Perfume Factory are still in your storage under From Facilities (Export)

We will get a new chain this Monday, so it would be nice if you wait a little more before selling your products.

marymarcel
Nov 04 2017, 05:52 PM
have question about chains and not sure where to put it, it says the production of the ones u choose cannot be use by your own facilities, but is that the total production of just those 2 facilities or is it all production of the number of units you have of that facility, and is it just the xtra production that is not available or all of the production

Hi JNelson :)

Only 2 factories of the same type are used to become into a chain, products from your facilities chain are stored as usual but an extra called Export are the ones you will be able to sell or to use with your neighbors to Export/Import but not in your own facilities. This last function has not been released yet.

heartnrose
Nov 04 2017, 05:52 PM
Ok is this right or wrong the way I am understanding this chain. The facilities that are in the chain, their products cannot be used by regular facilities unless they are in a chain also. So if We have to have 2, and we only have 2, then we do not have any ingredients to transfer to the service facilities which are not in a chain because both of the facilities have to be in a chain. So if we want to have products for the stocking part we would have to purchase a facility and not put it in a chain. Am I understand this correct?

marymarcel
Nov 04 2017, 05:57 PM
Ok is this right or wrong the way I am understanding this chain. The facilities that are in the chain, their products cannot be used by regular facilities unless they are in a chain also. So if We have to have 2, and we only have 2, then we do not have any ingredients to transfer to the service facilities which are not in a chain because both of the facilities have to be in a chain. So if we want to have products for the stocking part we would have to purchase a facility and not put it in a chain. Am I understand this correct?

Hi heartnrose :)

Products from your chain facilities are stored as usual for you to use in other factories/services. But the chain facilities also produce extra products called Export. Those extra products are the ones you cant use in your own facilities, as you can either sell them or use them with your neighbors to Export/Import. This last feature has not been released yet.

Taz D
Nov 04 2017, 06:20 PM
Facility Chains
To clear up some misconceptions about the Facility Chains please note that those facilities you add as chains still produce your regular products for use in your other facilities that need them.
Additionally they will produce more products for selling at a higher price or to export to a neighbor (if they start a service chain that uses those products).

Chains of coins regular facilities will generate 40% more production.
That is 40% that goes into your storage as from facilitys (export)and 100% for your own facilities for a total production of 140% of what is normal production, so they go into your storage to be used for your own facilities and services.

Chains of farm cash regular facilities will generate 80% more production. So those facilities will produce 180% of what the normal output of those facilities. 80% goes into your Expot storage and the 100% of normal production goes into your regular storage for your own use.

You are not getting shorted for your own facilities and services use. Instead you are getting production over and above what would normally be produced. That additional does not cost you any ingredients, so is totally free.

heartnrose
Nov 04 2017, 07:09 PM
Facility Chains
To clear up some misconceptions about the Facility Chains please note that those facilities you add as chains still produce your regular products for use in your other facilities that need them.
Additionally they will produce more products for selling at a higher price or to export to a neighbor (if they start a service chain that uses those products).

Chains of coins regular facilities will generate 40% more production.
That is 40% that goes into your storage as from facilitys (export)and 100% for your own facilities for a total production of 140% of what is normal production, so they go into your storage to be used for your own facilities and services.

Chains of farm cash regular facilities will generate 80% more production. So those facilities will produce 180% of what the normal output of those facilities. 80% goes into your Expot storage and the 100% of normal production goes into your regular storage for your own use.

You are not getting shorted for your own facilities and services use. Instead you are getting production over and above what would normally be produced. That additional does not cost you any ingredients, so is totally free.

Taz,
Now that I understand, and thank you for the breakdown. Thank you very much and you also Mary Marcel for the quick response.

Aussie Rae
Nov 04 2017, 08:27 PM
Thank you Taz for that very clear explanation of the Chains as they are as of this moment in time, I have copied and pasted it to my wall in the hopes that those ft neighbours and friends who claim its all too hard or difficult to understand and will take too much effort and time to do, will actually read and realise how good this new addition to the game is, :)

NJones277
Nov 05 2017, 07:14 AM
I have a facility chain that is also in the neighborhood chain. Is this a problem? Or not? Thanks.

marymarcel
Nov 05 2017, 08:17 AM
I have a facility chain that is also in the neighborhood chain. Is this a problem? Or not? Thanks.

Hi NJones277 :)

I dont think it is a problem, the more you load your Shipping Supplies factories, the more xp you get for your neighborhood chain and the 2 which are a facility chain, will also give you the export products.

Dan H
Nov 05 2017, 02:03 PM
I get the 'Error Saving Data' 'Error X025' pop up box as soon as I click on the 'Facility Chains Manager' icon when using Chrome. IE works OK.

Google Chrome is up to date - Version 62.0.3202.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Cleared browser cache, memcache & restarted.

Any ideas?

rodneycs
Nov 05 2017, 02:44 PM

WI agree we are not made of money. A pensioner living on a limited income. when it was 1 fc facility a month that was OK but NOT FOUR.

marymarcel
Nov 05 2017, 02:56 PM
I get the 'Error Saving Data' 'Error X025' pop up box as soon as I click on the 'Facility Chains Manager' icon when using Chrome. IE works OK.

Google Chrome is up to date - Version 62.0.3202.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Cleared browser cache, memcache & restarted.

Any ideas?

Hi Dan :)

Maybe it is only a temporary error, give it a little time and try again. Two of us are using chrome and it is working fine. :)

famer charlie
Nov 05 2017, 07:46 PM
question to ask if you need 7 dans for factorys chain how do your reach them

Taz D
Nov 05 2017, 08:06 PM
question to ask if you need 7 dans for factorys chain how do your reach them
Hi Charlie,
For the crops, trees and flowers you harvest them and as you harvest then you gain belt levels. For the factories you gain the levels as you produce the products in the factories. If you hover your mouse over the product picture then you can see how many you need to complete to get to the next level.

There is more information in the Game Guide chapter 30 about the Belts and Dans in this link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495610

WendyP57
Nov 05 2017, 10:07 PM
I have completed the dans in the chain quest, just wondering now... do we need to delete the completed quests before we can start the new ones the following week? I know the delete function isn't working yet but just wondering if that's how it works. Thanks

Taz D
Nov 05 2017, 10:33 PM
I have completed the dans in the chain quest, just wondering now... do we need to delete the completed quests before we can start the new ones the following week? I know the delete function isn't working yet but just wondering if that's how it works. Thanks
Hi WendyP,
You know as much as we do currently. We will have to wait and see after the next phase of the Facility Chains is released. I do have my doubts we will be deleting them as we are trying to build up premium products to Export to others and get more coins for it.

WendyP57
Nov 05 2017, 10:39 PM
thanks for the quick response Taz, guess i will just have to wait and see :)

maggiel29
Nov 06 2017, 06:18 AM
OK - I selected the Movie theatre this week and I know I don't have Dan 7 on all the products. When I check Belt Levels in the Chain facility manager it only shows me the Pizza Facility - which only provides 2 of the products needed. I would have thought when you clicked check belt levels it would go to the Movie theatre not the Facs supplying it or do I only get the increased profitability from the Pizza items and not those from the Soft drinks Fac etc. In the menu it does only link the Pizza Restaurant to the Movie Theatre. If that is the case I will select a different one. EDIT I just realised as I have the Soft Drink Fac as a chain does that mean the Movie theatre cant use the soft drinks for extra profit? Hope this makes sense. Maybe I would be better with a different Service Fac

Tiger
Nov 06 2017, 07:27 AM
OK - I selected the Movie theatre this week and I know I don't have Dan 7 on all the products. When I check Belt Levels in the Chain facility manager it only shows me the Pizza Facility - which only provides 2 of the products needed. I would have thought when you clicked check belt levels it would go to the Movie theatre not the Facs supplying it or do I only get the increased profitability from the Pizza items and not those from the Soft drinks Fac etc. In the menu it does only link the Pizza Restaurant to the Movie Theatre. If that is the case I will select a different one. EDIT I just realised as I have the Soft Drink Fac as a chain does that mean the Movie theatre cant use the soft drinks for extra profit? Hope this makes sense. Maybe I would be better with a different Service Fac

To achieve chain status you must have 7th dan for the products that are in the chain. Until you get those you will not see the import/export buttons. Belts and dans are earned by making the products in the regular facilities, not by stocking them in services, so that's why it is taking you back to the regular facility where you need to earn the dans.

Until the import/export feature is released we will not be able to see what products can be imported or exported so we can not tell you if you will see all the products.

What i can tell you is that you can not use your own export products to import or export to your own facilites you need to import/export to a neighbours facilites. So if you have the movie theater you must import from someone who has the pizza restaurant, or if they have the pizza restaurant they can export to your movie theater.

maggiel29
Nov 06 2017, 07:36 AM
To achieve chain status you must have 7th dan for the products that are in the chain. Until you get those you will not see the import/export buttons. Belts and dans are earned by making the products in the regular facilities, not by stocking them in services, so that's why it is taking you back to the regular facility where you need to earn the dans.

Until the import/export feature is released we will not be able to see what products can be imported or exported so we can not tell you if you will see all the products.

What i can tell you is that you can not use your own export products to import or export to your own facilites you need to import/export to a neighbours facilites. So if you have the movie theater you must import from someone who has the pizza restaurant, or if they have the pizza restaurant they can export to your movie theater.
Thanks Tiger for the quick response - I guess I am asking questions for which there is no answer yet until all the features are released. Its just at the moment it looks as if you only can get the extra % bonus from two items - soft drinks and import those as it shows the linked facility as the soft drinks Fac. All will no doubt come out in the wash :D

Dan H
Nov 06 2017, 07:52 AM

Maybe it is only a temporary error, give it a little time and try again. Two of us are using chrome and it is working fine. :)

Hi Mary - It has been several days since I first received the X025 error message when clicking on the Facility Chain icon. The X025 error message is still occurring today.

marymarcel
Nov 06 2017, 08:01 AM
Hi Mary - It has been several days since I first received the X025 error message when clicking on the Facility Chain icon. The X025 error message is still occurring today.

Have you tried another browser to check if you get the same problem? If you only gets the error using Chrome, then we would suggest you to uninstall chrome and then install a new copy.

Let us know how it goes :)

Dan H
Nov 06 2017, 05:18 PM
Hi Mary,

Thanks for your prompt responses. I don't think, however, that it's the browser as this error also occurs on other PC's when in my FT.

Raul contacted me and is going to take a look at it.

Thanks for all you do!!

marymarcel
Nov 06 2017, 05:20 PM
Hi Mary,

Thanks for your prompt responses. I don't think, however, that it's the browser as this error also occurs on other PC's when in my FT.

Raul contacted me and is going to take a look at it.

Thanks for all you do!!

You are very welcome Dan, hope everything will be fixed soon :)

Tom C
Nov 06 2017, 06:21 PM
Are we getting new Thanksgiving decorations ?

Taz D
Nov 06 2017, 06:32 PM
Are we getting new Thanksgiving decorations ?
Hi Tom C,
We already have them.
1. 8 new Thanksgiving items: 6 at the top of the Thanksgiving category in the store and 2 at the bottom.

Taz D
Nov 06 2017, 06:59 PM
Raul just added the following update to the release:

Post-Release Updates - November 6th, 7:25PM

- Sorting and Filtering in the Facility Manager now takes much less time, this is significant for people with lots of facilities

- Additional info shown in the 'Add Chains' tab on the Facility Chains Manager:
a) The title of each facility now has between parenthesis how many of that facility you own.
c) On the bottom/right of each facility you will see how many products with Dan 7th you have achieved and how many are missing.

- There are 2 additional sorting dimensions, 'Facility Count' and 'Dan 7th Progress' that will make it easier for you to select the facilities that are best candidates to be converted into chains faster.

- BugFix: Some users were experiencing X025 errors when opening the Facility Chains Manager.

Tom C
Nov 06 2017, 08:17 PM
oh sorry missed that

storm36
Nov 06 2017, 09:17 PM
i am a bit confused .. the past 2 weeks the chains started on the left column with the factories .. this week its the right column with the services and we are supposed to own 2 of whichever facilities are showing on the list ie 2 factories if facilities are showing in the left side and 2 services if the facilities are showing on the right .. as i was scrolling down the list of available chains, i noticed that some of the chains available of the FC service facilities are showing FC services where i only own 1 of that facility, are available to be created into a chain.
i also tried to create a chain with the supermarket and retail supplies factory .. the supermarket also uses 2 items from the juice factory which i am only at 6th dan for those 2 items, when i clicked on the check dan stat button, it was taking me to the retail supply factory which is all 7th dan instead of taking me to the juice factory to show me the 2 items that are still at 6th dan.

Taz D
Nov 06 2017, 09:35 PM
i am a bit confused .. the past 2 weeks the chains started on the left column with the factories .. this week its the right column with the services and we are supposed to own 2 of whichever facilities are showing on the list ie 2 factories if facilities are showing in the left side and 2 services if the facilities are showing on the right .. as i was scrolling down the list of available chains, i noticed that some of the chains available of the FC service facilities are showing FC services where i only own 1 of that facility, are available to be created into a chain.
i also tried to create a chain with the supermarket and retail supplies factory .. the supermarket also uses 2 items from the juice factory which i am only at 6th dan for those 2 items, when i clicked on the check dan stat button, it was taking me to the retail supply factory which is all 7th dan instead of taking me to the juice factory to show me the 2 items that are still at 6th dan.
Hi Storm,
None of the services to start chains for this week are for FC. They are all coin service facilities.
We do not know yet exactly how all this will work as the rest of the Facility Chains parts for the Export/Import has not been released yet.
You can start a chain even if you do not have all the requirements yet. The chain will not produce or use the Export products though until you get all the requirements done. So if not all of the 7th dans are completed then you will have to get to those before the chain can be used. Or if you only have 1 then until you buy the 2nd facility it will not produce or import products from your neighbor. We don't know yet how services that use products from multiple facilities will work yet.
In the box for each of the possible chains it will tell you how many 7th dan products you have as in 9/11 in red means that you have 9 out of 11 7th dans. It will show you in parenthesis if you have 1 or 2 (or more) facilities.

Dan H
Nov 06 2017, 09:40 PM
You are very welcome Dan, hope everything will be fixed soon :)

All back to normal - Raul fixed the bug and everything works OK now.

Thanks!

Taz D
Nov 06 2017, 10:09 PM

All back to normal - Raul fixed the bug and everything works OK now.

Thanks!
Glad to hear that Dan H. :)

Lara
Nov 06 2017, 10:41 PM
YAY, Thanks for the additions to the facility chain manager. (They are some of the things I was cursing about last night as I was choosing my second chain hahaha.) Next week will be a lot easier.

Palmarina
Nov 07 2017, 01:47 AM
HI, for this week's chain contest I choose the Pet shop. I own 3 of them. I have the impression that when I click on "Check Dan Degrees" not all products used in this facility are shown. Only 8 products are shown = the pet foods, not the other ones like toys etc
Can someone check this out please?
Thanks

maggiel29
Nov 07 2017, 03:12 AM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last info posted on November 7th, 1:40AM.

Info about a current bug in the Facility Chains feature.

On the explanation of the Facility Chains feature we mentioned this:

"To reach chain status you also need to achieve Dan 7th Degree on each product produced or *used* in that facility."

For the case of the service facilities the products that have to reach Dan 7th Degree are the products *used* on the service facility, however, currently the system is requiring Dan 7th Degree on the products from the related Regular Facility, that's why when you click the 'Check Dan Degrees' button for a service facility it's opening the related Regular Facility.

That behavior is a bug and will be fixed in the coming days. The way it will work is that when you click the 'Check Dan Degrees' button, it will open a window showing all the products that are *used* on that service facility, which can be produced on more than one Regular Facility. Those will be the products requiring Dan 7th Degree in order to create the service facility chain.

Thanks Raul I thought it was odd when I got the Pizza Rest up for the Movie Theatre - and needed Dans on all the Pizzas.

Bella Bello
Nov 07 2017, 05:32 AM
Hi Storm,
None of the services to start chains for this week are for FC. They are all coin service facilities.
We do not know yet exactly how all this will work as the rest of the Facility Chains parts for the Export/Import has not been released yet.
You can start a chain even if you do not have all the requirements yet. The chain will not produce or use the Export products though until you get all the requirements done. So if not all of the 7th dans are completed then you will have to get to those before the chain can be used. Or if you only have 1 then until you buy the 2nd facility it will not produce or import products from your neighbor. We don't know yet how services that use products from multiple facilities will work yet.
In the box for each of the possible chains it will tell you how many 7th dan products you have as in 9/11 in red means that you have 9 out of 11 7th dans. It will show you in parenthesis if you have 1 or 2 (or more) facilities.

Hi Taz

How come I have all FC Production Facilities for this week and not Coin Serv Facilities?
Am I missing something .. or are we not all getting the same Chains?

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=1281135670&farm_ix=1

mcdaddie
Nov 07 2017, 06:21 AM
Hi Bella Bello,
The reason you have a set that we had last week is because you started during the second set of chains released. I have a friend who also has the FC prod facs options this week but she didn't start her first chain until the Monday after the chains were introduced a few days before. There IS a particular rotation to the selection and the rotation starts on the first chain. If someone new were to start the chains, then they would get the first one that was released. Hope all that makes sense.

Bella Bello
Nov 07 2017, 07:39 AM
Hi Bella Bello,
The reason you have a set that we had last week is because you started during the second set of chains released. I have a friend who also has the FC prod facs options this week but she didn't start her first chain until the Monday after the chains were introduced a few days before. There IS a particular rotation to the selection and the rotation starts on the first chain. If someone new were to start the chains, then they would get the first one that was released. Hope all that makes sense.

Hi mcdaddie

I actually thought that could be the reason .. but was not sure.
Thanks for the clear explanation .. much appreciated.

Bella Bello
Nov 07 2017, 07:45 AM
Hi mcdaddie

I actually thought that could be the reason .. but was not sure.
Thanks for the clear explanation .. much appreciated.

Sorry ... another question.
Do we have to fill these chain facs every day .. like with the NCC or not?

godsangel
Nov 07 2017, 07:57 AM
hi it wont let me pick another one said this no factually that can be conv help i was not able to come on Monday and now it saying there is none to o it with do ihave to wait next week

Zeeky Banutski
Nov 07 2017, 08:00 AM
"...I'm trying to understand this new "chain" feature - seems pretty straightforward...However, surely there's an easy way to determine "dan" levels?..."

Look at my attached photo - tell me what I'm seeing or not seeing...

Thanks

Taz D
Nov 07 2017, 09:09 AM
Look at my attached photo - tell me what I'm seeing or not seeing...

Thanks
Hi Zeeky,
It is telling you that only 2 of the 8 products are at the 7th dan. You need to get the other 6 to that level for the chain to be activated.

Taz D
Nov 07 2017, 09:10 AM
hi it wont let me pick another one said this no factually that can be conv help i was not able to come on Monday and now it saying there is none to o it with do ihave to wait next week
Hi godsangel,
Please provide a link to your farms so we can check this. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579554

Taz D
Nov 07 2017, 09:12 AM
Sorry ... another question.
Do we have to fill these chain facs every day .. like with the NCC or not?
Hi Bella Bello,
You fill them when you wish and the facilities will make extra products for export. It isn't like the NCC. But the more you are able to fill them the more extra products they will make.

Zeeky Banutski
Nov 07 2017, 09:58 AM
"...Hi Zeeky, It is telling you that only 2 of the 8 products are at the 7th dan. You need to get the other 6 to that level for the chain to be activated..."

Thanks - I'd like to participate in the chains, bu *** looks like it'll take a while to be able to make that happen...& I've been at FarmTown for more than 10 years!

Taz D
Nov 07 2017, 10:02 AM
Thanks - I'd like to participate in the chains, bu *** looks like it'll take a while to be able to make that happen...& I've been at FarmTown for more than 10 years!
If you know you want a chain for that facility you can go ahead and start it. It just will not produce the extra batches until you have completed the requirements for a chain.

Taz D
Nov 07 2017, 10:38 AM
Added by Raul:

Post-Release Updates - November 7th, 7:10PM

- In the case of the Service Facility chains, when you click the 'Check Dan Degrees' button its currently opening the related Regular Facility. However, for Service Facilities like The Supermarket that use products produced on multiple Regular Facilities this is not enough. We will release a change soon for cases like these, so when you click the 'Check Dan Degrees' button, you will be able to select which of the Regular Facilities that supply the Service Facility you want to open.

docmm6
Nov 07 2017, 12:11 PM
On this week's chain the Tackle Shop was listed which I was going to choose but found out my bait is only Dan 6, Dan 7 isn't even released so why list the Tackle Shop for the game? With Dan 6 being the top Dan I wasn't about to choose it. Doesn't make much sense to me to list facilities that doesn't even have Dan 7 available.

Taz D
Nov 07 2017, 12:35 PM
On this week's chain the Tackle Shop was listed which I was going to choose but found out my bait is only Dan 6, Dan 7 isn't even released so why list the Tackle Shop for the game? With Dan 6 being the top Dan I wasn't about to choose it. Doesn't make much sense to me to list facilities that doesn't even have Dan 7 available.
Hi docmm,
All the 7th dans are released for any product that has the belts. Go to the Fish Farming Plant and hover over the icon for the baits. That will show you howm many batches until you reach the next dan level.

Bella Bello
Nov 07 2017, 12:43 PM
Hi Bella Bello,
You fill them when you wish and the facilities will make extra products for export. It isn't like the NCC. But the more you are able to fill them the more extra products they will make.

Hi Taz
Thanks so much for your reply.

How many open chains can we have?
I'm asking this as we can fill the facs as many times as we like. In other words ... I keep on filling them without selling them off .. and start a new chain each week?

Taz D
Nov 07 2017, 12:46 PM
Hi Taz
Thanks so much for your reply.

How many open chains can we have?
I'm asking this as we can fill the facs as many times as we like. In other words ... I keep on filling them without selling them off .. and start a new chain each week?
Hi Bella,
You will have to wait until the developers release more information for that.
You can still sell of or use your normal fill of the facilities. The extra Exportable products are listed separate from the rest of the products.

Bella Bello
Nov 07 2017, 01:04 PM
Hi Bella,
You will have to wait until the developers release more information for that.
You can still sell of or use your normal fill of the facilities. The extra Exportable products are listed separate from the rest of the products.

Great! Thank you so much, Taz!

crop whisperer
Nov 07 2017, 11:12 PM
I remember having reached a lot of 7th (last) dans on facility products, and now that those products are part of the new self "chains", I see that they've all mysteriously dropped back to lower dans...hmmmmmm ~ anyone else notice this?

Taz D
Nov 07 2017, 11:28 PM
I remember having reached a lot of 7th (last) dans on facility products, and now that those products are part of the new self "chains", I see that they've all mysteriously dropped back to lower dans...hmmmmmm ~ anyone else notice this?
Hi crop whisperer,
The product 7th dans were only released in the August 24th release.

From the August 24th release:
4. Dan 7 for All Facilities: Before today, when you reached Dan 6 for a facility product, from that point on, every time you started a batch for that product there was a 42% chance that the ingredients will not come from you but from the Mayor.

Prior to that the highest dan for facility products was the 6th dan. So you could only have earned any 7th dans within the past 2 months.

marymarcel
Nov 08 2017, 05:03 AM

From Raul notes for the New Release:

Post-Release Updates - November 8th, 5:50AM

- It looks like Facebook released a fix a few days ago for the Send Requests screen shrinking bug, please report in this thread if you are still having issues.

Zeeky Banutski
Nov 08 2017, 05:10 AM
If you know you want a chain for that facility you can go ahead and start it. It just will not produce the extra batches until you have completed the requirements for a chain.

OK - what am I missing here? Isn't the point of the "chains" to get the benefit of the extra batches? If so, why start a chain otherwise? Is there some other benefit that I'm not understanding?

Also, unless I misinterpreted what I read about the "chains" - doesn't every product in a facility have to be at Dan level 7 before that "chain" will start producing the benefits of the extra batches?

I'm just trying to understand so that I can make the best out of FarmTown.

marymarcel
Nov 08 2017, 05:23 AM
OK - what am I missing here? Isn't the point of the "chains" to get the benefit of the extra batches? If so, why start a chain otherwise? Is there some other benefit that I'm not understanding?

Also, unless I misinterpreted what I read about the "chains" - doesn't every product in a facility have to be at Dan level 7 before that "chain" will start producing the benefits of the extra batches?

I'm just trying to understand so that I can make the best out of FarmTown.

Hi Zeeky Banutski :)

You can choose a facility you want to become into a chain. If you choose them and you dont have all 7th Dans for all the products, those facilities will not get the "chain status" but you can work them to get that status and then get the export products.

Let me give you an example, last week I got my Brewery into the chain, but I dont have all the products in 7th dan yet. For me it is like a challenge and I try to work them and fill them as much as I can to get the 7th dans soon. :)

WyoSugar
Nov 08 2017, 08:21 AM
I'm confused. I started a chain the first week without a problem. I started a FC chain the second week. However, it didn't have all the dans, so I was working on it I tried to start a coin chain today and none of my facilities are highlighted so I can. I have several that have the green numbers, so I know I have some available. I thought maybe I had too many, so I deleted the cash chain that didn't have enough dans and I still can't start a coin change. Am I missing something? Thanks

Tiger
Nov 08 2017, 08:46 AM
I'm confused. I started a chain the first week without a problem. I started a FC chain the second week. However, it didn't have all the dans, so I was working on it I tried to start a coin chain today and none of my facilities are highlighted so I can. I have several that have the green numbers, so I know I have some available. I thought maybe I had too many, so I deleted the cash chain that didn't have enough dans and I still can't start a coin change. Am I missing something? Thanks

Hi WyoSugar,

Have a look in the Add Chains section of the Facility Chains Manger. Look up near the top and see if it is saying in red "You can convert another facility next week". If it does then you need to wait until next week to start your next chain.

There is no need to delete a chain to make room for another. At this lime there is no limit on how many chains you can have, only that you can only start one a week.

GRB
Nov 08 2017, 08:20 PM
How many chains should we have now? I have the BAKERY, SANDWICH RESTAURANT, DONUTS SHOP (all exportable) and PET SHOP (importable). Pretty sure it let me add 2 this week, the service (PET SHOP) and then was able to add regular facility. Not completely sure I am going about this the right way, just adding chains at the moment. Tried to do a print screen but can't figure how to do that either, LOL

Taz D
Nov 08 2017, 08:36 PM
How many chains should we have now? I have the BAKERY, SANDWICH RESTAURANT, DONUTS SHOP (all exportable) and PET SHOP (importable). Pretty sure it let me add 2 this week, the service (PET SHOP) and then was able to add regular facility. Not completely sure I am going about this the right way, just adding chains at the moment. Tried to do a print screen but can't figure how to do that either, LOL
Hi GRB,
I am not sure how you did that as you should only have 3. It looks like you managed to do 2 last week. The one on the Oct 30th and Nov 5th are in the same week. The one on Nov 5th was 2 minutes before midnight which was the change over time to the new week.
The Bakery and Sandwich Shop are both for coin so you should not have both of those.
The time is supposed to run from midnight eastern time on Monday to Monday.
Did you start one that wasn't all the way to chain status and then start another later completing the first one too?

GRB
Nov 08 2017, 09:01 PM
Hi GRB,
I am not sure how you did that as you should only have 3. It looks like you managed to do 2 last week. The one on thwe Oct 30th and Nov 5th are in the same week. The one on Nov 5th was 2 minutes before midnight which was the change over time to the new week.
The Bakery and Sandwich Shop are both for coin so you should not have both of those.
The time is supposed to run from midnight eastern time on Monday to Monday.
Did you start one that wasn't all the way to chain status and then start another later completing the first one too?

I believe that everything I start was chain status eligible. The Sandwich shop was added the first week.

Taz D
Nov 08 2017, 09:02 PM
I believe that everything I start was chain status eligible.
Hi GRB,
I will leave this for the developers to look into. I doubt if anyone else managed this.

GRB
Nov 08 2017, 09:05 PM
Hi GRB,
I will leave this for the developers to look into. I doubt if anyone else managed this.

LOL, Timing is everything

Aussie Rae
Nov 09 2017, 01:01 AM
fyi, I have 3 in my Chains, 1st week Bakery, 2nd week Flower Shop, 3rd week Trophy Fac and each one was started on the Monday.. (Tuesday for us in Australia, lol)

FCM
Nov 10 2017, 08:26 AM
The chains are pointless until we can export. We can't do anything with them now. DOes anyone know when we can? Keeps saying coming soon