PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- December 20th, 2017

Raul
Dec 20 2017, 06:39 PM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last updates released on January 10th, 4:00PM.

Hi there,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features: En Español AQUI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=633426)

(this is an early release due to vacation schedules in our team)

1. Farm 35: See prices below.

New Farm (12x12) --- 22000000000 or 50 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 14x14 - 22500000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 16x16 - 23000000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 18x18 - 23500000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 20x20 - 24000000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 22x22 - 24500000000 or 25 FarmCash

2. Enabled Export / Import for Facility Chains: This feature is still not 100% completed but we decided to do an early release now instead of waiting another 3-4 weeks. Right now the main operations like Export and Import should be working fine however if in the next 2 days we find any major issues with this feature we will have to disable it and enable it again in 3-4 weeks. What is missing now is mostly providing more information to the user about which exact products are about to be exported or imported.

To summarize the feature:

a) If you own a regular facility chain you are now able to export the (Export) products produced on that chain to any neighbour with a service facility chain that can stock those products. This way you will double your revenue compared to just selling those (Export) products in the market. The extra revenue comes as a bonus from the Mayor, your neighbour just pay regular price.

b) The 'Export Products To' button for a regular chain will turn green whenever you have (Export) products available in your storage *and* at least one of your neighbours owns a service chain that can stock those products. There is another factor that can still restrict you from exporting products which is the free space available in the staging areas of your neighbours, more on this below.

c) When you export products they are temporarily stored in the staging areas of your neighbours. Each product type on each service facility chain have a staging area holding up to 30 days’ worth of stock.

For example, the Hospital consumes 100 Stethoscopes every 6 hours, 400 in a day and 12000 in 30 days. This means that the staging area capacity for the Stethoscopes in the Hospital is 12000, therefore your neighbours will be able to export to you 12000 Stethoscopes before you need to empty your Stethoscopes staging area by importing them all to your main storage. If your staging areas become full players will not be able to continue exporting products to you.

So when you are exporting products to a particular neighbour you will see 2 lines:

1) Products ready to export
2) This neighbour can import

The first line will tell you how many of your (Export) products can be exported to that particular neighbour *without considering* the limitation of that neighbour staging areas.

The second line will tell you how many of your (Export) products can be exported to that particular neighbour *considering* the limitation of the staging areas.

So if you see 1000 in the first line but 200 on the second line, it means that this neighbour have it's staging areas almost full and needs to be emptied soon.

d) If you own a service facility chain you are now able to import products from your neighbours consumed in that service chain, although you pay regular price in coins for those products, they will be much more profitable to you when you stock them in your service chain and then cash out, specially because service facility chains are from 50% to 100% more profitable than service facilities that are not part of a chain.

e) The 'Import Products From' button for a service chain will turn green whenever there are products available in your staging areas that can be stocked on that service chain. When you click the Import button those products will be moved to your main storage. From there you can use them to stock your service facility chain as usual.

f) Right now you can decide when and to whom to export your products. However you have no control over when or which players can export products to you, we may introduce some level of control for this in the future.

3. New Shea Tree and Meadowsweet Crop: These are used in the Pharmacy Supplies Factory.

4. Lawn Games Shop (Coins): Provides Lawn Games Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Lawn Games Supplies Factory.

5. Golf Pro Store (FC): Provides Golf Merchandise Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Golf Supplies Factory.

6. Colombian Restaurant (Coins): Produces Colombian Food.

Egg Arepas
Patacones with Hogao
Changua
Ajiaco
Lechona
Pork Sancocho
Veal a la LLanera
Guava Bocadillo

7. Pharmacy Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Pharmacy Supplies.

Glycerin Suppositories
Aspirin
Constipation Relief
Mouthwash
Foot Repair Cream
Cough Drops
Anti-aging Soap
Sunblock

New products produced in other facilities: Menthol Crystals and Shea Butter in the Food Ingredients Factory.

8. Taste of Germany (FC): Provides Germany Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the German Restaurant.

9. Taste of Brazil (FC): Provides Brazil Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Brazilian Restaurant.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post-Release Updates - December 21st, 3:30PM

- Added a header to the Export screen showing the total amount of (Export) products available to export.
- Added a header to the Import screen showing the total amount of products available to import.
- When you close the Export or Import screens to go back to the Facility Chains Manager main screens, the scroll position is remembered.
- When your neighbours export products to you, that action will now appear at the bottom of the game along with the rest of your helpers.

Post-Release Updates - December 28th, 4:30PM

- Released the Pharmacy Supplies Factory.

Post-Release Updates - January 8th, 2:30PM

- Released Farm 35.

Post-Release Updates - January 10th, 4:00PM

- Fixed bugs that caused product amounts to be incorrect after an Export operation in a facility chain.

max_river
Dec 20 2017, 06:54 PM
Ty for the early christmas gift

Taz D
Dec 20 2017, 07:01 PM
Thanks Raul!

marymarcel
Dec 20 2017, 07:27 PM
Thanks a lot Raul :)

JudyD1651
Dec 20 2017, 07:54 PM
Thanks! I have exported received lots of coins. No one to available to import to just yet. Merry Christmas!!

Taz D
Dec 20 2017, 07:57 PM
Thanks! I have exported received lots of coins. No one to available to import to just yet. Merry Christmas!!
Hi Judy,
We need to wait until Raul explains how this works as I too have been able to export, but not import.

bjyhey3
Dec 20 2017, 07:59 PM
Merry Christmas and thanks to Raul, all the developers and to all the ones that support us every day.

Betty Jordon
Dec 20 2017, 08:03 PM
Merry Christmas!

WyoSugar
Dec 20 2017, 08:15 PM
Thanks Raul and team for the early Christmas present :)

Lara
Dec 20 2017, 10:16 PM
Merry Christmas everyone, thanks for the goodies

beverduster
Dec 20 2017, 11:09 PM
thanks santa clause

Cherry's Farm
Dec 21 2017, 01:09 AM
Thanks, looks like fun :)

Palmarina
Dec 21 2017, 02:04 AM
I love the new facilities and looking forward for the pharmacy!
Thanks Raul
Merry Christmas!

sestree
Dec 21 2017, 03:07 AM
Oh Thank You Raul :D I was able to do 1 export and 1 import. YAY !!!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 21 2017, 07:01 AM
Awesome! Been so excited to get to the Import/Export part and it came on my birthday! Thanks!

Question - on this:

<< d) If you own a service facility chain you are now able to import products from your neighbours consumed in that service chain, although you pay regular price in coins for those products, they will be much more profitable to you when you stock them in your service chain and then cash out.

How is it that they're more profitable to us? We get more money for them when we cash out? Is that what that means?

Farmer_Susan
Dec 21 2017, 07:04 AM
Yep! I was able to both import and export! Very fun! :)

Farmer_Susan
Dec 21 2017, 08:14 AM
So to clear out our Staging Area so neighbors can export to us, do we use the Store All or the Cash Out or both buttons from our Facility Manager? I'm thinking both since they might be exporting to any type of facility.

It won't help to go the Market and sell non-ingredient stuff, though, right? We can keep doing that on our regular schedule because it won't affect the import/export chains?

Tiger
Dec 21 2017, 09:10 AM
Awesome! Been so excited to get to the Import/Export part and it came on my birthday! Thanks!

Question - on this:

<< d) If you own a service facility chain you are now able to import products from your neighbours consumed in that service chain, although you pay regular price in coins for those products, they will be much more profitable to you when you stock them in your service chain and then cash out.

How is it that they're more profitable to us? We get more money for them when we cash out? Is that what that means?

Hi Susan,

Raul has edited since then , that section now reads as follows >>

d) If you own a service facility chain you are now able to import products from your neighbours consumed in that service chain, although you pay regular price in coins for those products, they will be much more profitable to you when you stock them in your service chain and then cash out, specially because service facility chains are from 50% to 100% more profitable than service facilities that are not part of a chain.

mcdaddie
Dec 21 2017, 09:11 AM
So to clear out our Staging Area so neighbors can export to us, do we use the Store All or the Cash Out or both buttons from our Facility Manager? I'm thinking both since they might be exporting to any type of facility.

It won't help to go the Market and sell non-ingredient stuff, though, right? We can keep doing that on our regular schedule because it won't affect the import/export chains?

In the chains manager just click on the blue button and it will show you who all sent, how much, and give you the ability to receive.

Tiger
Dec 21 2017, 09:14 AM

Hi Susan,

We're not 100% certain on this and have asked for more details, we will have to see what other information is released. There is "Check Stats" and the "Check Products" yet to be released as well.

Non-ingredients can't be used in facilites so sell them as normal.

Texas Belle
Dec 21 2017, 10:20 AM
Thank you guys, nice Christmas presents.. may y'all have a very Merry Christmas and Joyful New Year... thanks for all you do for us, keep on rocking..

barbara nixon
Dec 21 2017, 10:38 AM
thanks for explaining the new facility chain feature..love this game, keep up the good work..you devs rock..

maggiel29
Dec 21 2017, 10:44 AM
Thank you Raul - Christmas has come early :D

Petuniaflower
Dec 21 2017, 10:51 AM
Thank you Raul for the release. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your team.

On the export last night it was doing good.This morning it says coming soon.

Momma Woods
Dec 21 2017, 10:52 AM
When exporting and importing from the Facility Chain do we need to have that farmers permission?

Taz D
Dec 21 2017, 10:55 AM
When exporting and importing from the Facility Chain do we need to have that farmers permission?
Hi Momma Woods,
This is what Raul said on that:
Right now you can decide when and to whom to export your products. However you have no control over when or which players can export products to you, we may introduce some level of control for this in the future.

Momma Woods
Dec 21 2017, 10:58 AM
I re-checked and there are several farmers we have to choose from to export and import already chosen by Facility Manager.

Squiffybee
Dec 21 2017, 11:01 AM
I see that one of the new facilities will be using a new tree as well as a new crop. It would be lovely if you would release them so we could plant them

maggiel29
Dec 21 2017, 11:24 AM
Hi Judy,
We need to wait until Raul explains how this works as I too have been able to export, but not import.

I have nothing to import either. I presume we have to check the "staging area" i.e. see if there are any products available to import in the Facility Chains Manager before we fill our services? Or will there be a menu item in the ordinary Facility Manager to show us products are waiting to import?

Taz D
Dec 21 2017, 11:31 AM
I have nothing to import either. I presume we have to check the "staging area" i.e. see if there are any products available to import in the Facility Chains Manager before we fill our services? Or will there be a menu item in the ordinary Facility Manager to show us products are waiting to import?
Hi Maggiel,
As the whole thing has not been released yet then we do not have any additional information at this time.
I was able later to be able to import some from my neighbors as they began to export to me. You can tell if you have anything to import by the Import button turning green.

jkmyer
Dec 21 2017, 11:34 AM
I am pretty foggy on the export and import, do our retail sell more because I pretty much have enough factories to supply my retail stores, so I am really not understanding how this will help unless we can sell more?

Taz D
Dec 21 2017, 11:47 AM
I am pretty foggy on the export and import, do our retail sell more because I pretty much have enough factories to supply my retail stores, so I am really not understanding how this will help unless we can sell more?
Hi jkmyer,
The facility chains products are over and above the normal amounts you get from a facility or service. So yes you will be selling more.

marymarcel
Dec 21 2017, 03:01 PM
Hi all :)

From Raul notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - December 21st, 3:30PM

- Added a header to the Export screen showing the total amount of (Export) products available to export.
- Added a header to the Import screen showing the total amount of products available to import.
- When you close the Export or Import screens to go back to the Facility Chains Manager main screens, the scroll position is remembered.
- When your neighbours export products to you, that action will now appear at the bottom of the game along with the rest of your helpers.

sestree
Dec 21 2017, 03:04 PM
Still Happy Happy Happy with the new stuff (and promise of another farm in a few weeks) so....... Blessed Yule Y'All. I figure as the export/import feature goes on, we'll have more information. Just remember when we didn't even have water features nor fish. Be Grateful. Now off to figure out how to reorganize my farms because yep I'm out of room yet again :::sigh:::: My own fault.

bruhelmboldt
Dec 21 2017, 03:41 PM
Happy Yule to everyone, and a big thank you to the FarmTown development team for all of their hard work this year and past years, too! You ROCK!!

Aussie Rae
Dec 21 2017, 06:39 PM
have been Exporting, have no idea what I am doing but its FUN, LOL

jkmyer
Dec 21 2017, 07:45 PM
once we inport do we have to do anything with the import?

Taz D
Dec 21 2017, 07:50 PM
once we inport do we have to do anything with the import?
Hi jkmyer,
When you do the import then what you have imported goes from the staging area (where your neighbor exported them) into your regular storage and then you use those to fill the service.

sestree
Dec 21 2017, 08:17 PM
have been Exporting, have no idea what I am doing but its FUN, LOL

Yeah I'm clueless as well but what a hoot :D I currently only have one friend I can import/export to/with but still fun.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 21 2017, 10:56 PM
I agree! This is funny - none of us are totally sure what we're doing but we LIKE it! ROTFLOL!!!!

One question I have about strategy: I've been bumping up my chain facs several times a day since I get more from them. But now I'm wondering if I keep them full all the time, does that mean people can't import to me? Is my staging area related in any way to how full my facilities are? What the heck IS our staging area and what's the best strategy for having the most room for imports and exports?

But yeah - loving this new toy. :)

Taz D
Dec 21 2017, 11:11 PM
I agree! This is funny - none of us are totally sure what we're doing but we LIKE it! ROTFLOL!!!!

One question I have about strategy: I've been bumping up my chain facs several times a day since I get more from them. But now I'm wondering if I keep them full all the time, does that mean people can't import to me? Is my staging area related in any way to how full my facilities are? What the heck IS our staging area and what's the best strategy for having the most room for imports and exports?

But yeah - loving this new toy. :)
Hi Susan,
As to your strategy you will have to develop what works best for you.
The staging area is only for the products Exported to you so that would only be for your service facilities. When you have products in your staging area then your Import button for the services chain will turn green. When you import those products they are moved from the staging area to your regular storage to be used in that service chain.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 22 2017, 12:01 AM
Hi Susan,
As to your strategy you will have to develop what works best for you.
The staging area is only for the products Exported to you so that would only be for your service facilities. When you have products in your staging area then your Import button for the services chain will turn green. When you import those products they are moved from the staging area to your regular storage to be used in that service chain.

Ah, ok, that helps.

So how do we have products that we can export? Just by filling our facilities and having people work them - like always? So in other words, refilling the facs several times like I've been doing HELPS with this, not hurts, right?

Taz D
Dec 22 2017, 12:05 AM
Ah, ok, that helps.

So how do we have products that we can export? Just by filling our facilities and having people work them - like always? So in other words, refilling the facs several times like I've been doing HELPS with this, not hurts, right?
Hi Susan,
You can only Export from chains you have made of regular facilities so the more you make in those facilities the more you will have to export. All of the information we have for the facility chains is in the Game Guide Chapter 33:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632506

Dr. Dirt
Dec 22 2017, 05:29 AM
After I import and export everything that I can and I close and then reopen the facility chains manager the import and export buttons are all green again even though there is nothing to import or export. Aren't they supposed to stay blue until there is something else to import or export?

marymarcel
Dec 22 2017, 05:43 AM
After I import and export everything that I can and I close and then reopen the facility chains manager the import and export buttons are all green again even though there is nothing to import or export. Aren't they supposed to stay blue until there is something else to import or export?

Hi Dr. Dirt :)

What I see in my Facility chain manager is that the Export button still is green after closing and reopen no matter if I cant export to my neighbors because they show 0 to export, but I think it is because I have items available to export.

About the import button, once I click on it and import the products, it doesnt turn green again after closing and reopen. Only if another neighbor has exported to me in that minute and then I have more items to import.

jkmyer
Dec 22 2017, 06:15 AM
I am still fuzzy on the importing do I need to cut back on my production to use the products I import as I have (at least for the most part) enough factories to fill my retail facilities Sorry I just can't seem to get this through my head,

Tiger
Dec 22 2017, 06:18 AM
I am still fuzzy on the importing do I need to cut back on my production to use the products I import as I have (at least for the most part) enough factories to fill my retail facilities Sorry I just can't seem to get this through my head,

Hi jkmyer,

You play your game as usual, imported items will get used up as you fill your facilites. Once imported they are stored in your main storage. You get more profit because you entered those facilites into a chain and reached chain status.

Dan H
Dec 22 2017, 07:46 AM
Another great release - Thanks Raul!!

I am enjoying the progress of the Facility Chains....

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

TexasStar
Dec 22 2017, 09:08 AM
Facility Chains:
1. GLITCH My Mom is a neighbor and has the Flower Shop as a chain. We were sitting together when the following happened: She was able to export products to my Bridal Shop and received about approx 369,000 coins. (message showing the amount floated to fast for me to be more specific. I DO NOT have a Bridal Shop Chain! If my Mom and I had been figuring this out together, neither of us would have know this was a glitch.
I am wondering if I lost those coins, since I cannot import the products, or if it doesn't deduct from my farm coins until I import?
2. If I produce enough products from my reg facilities to keep my service facilities loaded, any products I import will not produce any profit because they will either sit in my storage or they will sell at the market for the same price I paid when Importing. Please confirm this is correct.

Tiger
Dec 22 2017, 09:26 AM
Facility Chains:
1. GLITCH My Mom is a neighbor and has the Flower Shop as a chain. We were sitting together when the following happened: She was able to export products to my Bridal Shop and received about approx 369,000 coins. (message showing the amount floated to fast for me to be more specific. I DO NOT have a Bridal Shop Chain! If my Mom and I had been figuring this out together, neither of us would have know this was a glitch.
I am wondering if I lost those coins, since I cannot import the products, or if it doesn't deduct from my farm coins until I import?
2. If I produce enough products from my reg facilities to keep my service facilities loaded, any products I import will not produce any profit because they will either sit in my storage or they will sell at the market for the same price I paid when Importing. Please confirm this is correct.

Hi TexasStar,

Double check your mom's manager and see if you are still showing up in there. It will likely say 0 can be exported to you if she has just done it. It does sound like she exported to someone else as you do not have the bridal chain.
The coins she earned did not come from you, that is her earnings for making export good and exporting them. You only get coins deducted when you import from someone, you earn coins when you export to someone.
If you can confirm that you are showing up in her manager with a bridal shop, please report this to support.

Yes the imported goods will go to normal storage for you to use the regular way. The difference with those is that it cost you no time or ingredients to make them. Remember you already earned the extra profit in the regular facs chains by making the facilites into a chain so they produced export goods, which you can then use to export to someone else for even more profit than their sale price.

TexasStar
Dec 22 2017, 09:42 AM
Hi TexasStar,

Double check your mom's manager and see if you are still showing up in there. It will likely say 0 can be exported to you if she has just done it. It does sound like she exported to someone else as you do not have the bridal chain.
The coins she earned did not come from you, that is her earnings for making export good and exporting them. You only get coins deducted when you import from someone, you earn coins when you export to someone.
If you can confirm that you are showing up in her manager with a bridal shop, please report this to support.

Hi Tiger... I was sitting beside her when she exported, so we both saw that it was exporting to me .. not another neighbor :) TY for confirming that coins are not deducted from my account until I import. She just checked and I am still appearing as having a Bridal Shop chain and it shows 0 both for her to export and 0 for me to import. I will report in Support.

Yes the imported goods will go to normal storage for you to use the regular way. Remember you already earned the extra profit in the regular facs chains by making the facilites into a chain so they produced export goods, which you can then use to export to someone else for even more profit than their sale price.

TY, yes, I was thinking I need to concentrate on the Export Chains, because I have been able to produce enough goods to keep my service facilities full and I would be unable to make a profit on imported goods if I already had a surplus in my storage. :)

Tiger
Dec 22 2017, 12:41 PM
Hi Tiger... I was sitting beside her when she exported, so we both saw that it was exporting to me .. not another neighbor :) TY for confirming that coins are not deducted from my account until I import. She just checked and I am still appearing as having a Bridal Shop chain and it shows 0 both for her to export and 0 for me to import. I will report in Support.

Hi TexasStar,

Regarding this particular issue. It looks like that your mum probably exported to your Funeral Home, but as the Flowers shop can supply 4 different service facilities it's only showing one of them, the Bridal shop, to her. This will be looked into.

bluehair
Dec 22 2017, 05:16 PM
how do I export products to a neighbour?

Taz D
Dec 22 2017, 05:20 PM
how do I export products to a neighbour?
Hi bluehair,
All of the information on how to export and import is in the Game Guide Chapter 33 on Facility Chains.
Here is a link to that:

bluehair
Dec 22 2017, 05:42 PM
oh I dont have any of that I Have reacehd 7th dan on the chain I am on.,,or else I am totally stupid and have no idea what I am doing :P

Taz D
Dec 22 2017, 06:23 PM
oh I dont have any of that I Have reacehd 7th dan on the chain I am on.,,or else I am totally stupid and have no idea what I am doing :P
Hi bluehair,
You have one chain complete Farm Buildings Factory. That you can use to export to any of your neighbors who have the service chain for it.

Greatgig
Dec 23 2017, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the update! I have to say I love this note "Farm 35 (either in 3 days or in about 3 weeks)". LOL!

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2017, 05:12 AM
I'm trying to figure out what makes products available for export. Is it when they've finished (either by neighbors working those facilities or by them timing out) or does it require me to store them before they can be exported?

Farmer_Susan
Dec 23 2017, 05:19 AM
Also, to be available to import products, if I've already completed filled all of my services to 100% does that mean I won't have any free space to import products from neighbors? Or does it matter?

I have a question about this line:

<< it means that this neighbour have it's staging areas almost full and needs to be emptied soon.

How do we empty our staging areas? By Cashing Out our services?

Tiger
Dec 23 2017, 05:42 AM
Also, to be available to import products, if I've already completed filled all of my services to 100% does that mean I won't have any free space to import products from neighbors? Or does it matter?

I have a question about this line:

<< it means that this neighbour have it's staging areas almost full and needs to be emptied soon.

How do we empty our staging areas? By Cashing Out our services?

Hi Susan,

No it is not about how full your facilites are. When someone exports to you that fills up your staging area. When you Import that stores what has been exported to you and sends it to your main storage. To keep your staging area free you need to regularly import.

billypanther
Dec 23 2017, 09:52 AM
thank you and a very Merry Christmas - thanks for the great work throughout the years <3

Dakota Shannen
Dec 23 2017, 11:51 AM
Joyeux Noël
:p

bruhelmboldt
Dec 23 2017, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the update! I have to say I love this note "Farm 35 (either in 3 days or in about 3 weeks)". LOL!

Busy times, eh, team?? Love it!!

beverduster
Dec 23 2017, 06:48 PM
dont know what im gettin from the comodotties thing, but im lovin it

marymarcel
Dec 23 2017, 07:23 PM
dont know what im gettin from the comodotties thing, but im lovin it

Hi beverduster :)

Facility chain chapter in our Game Guide was updated when the Import/Export functions were released.

This is the link to that chapter to help you:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632506

beverduster
Dec 23 2017, 07:26 PM
t y marymarcel

merry christmas

Aussie Rae
Dec 23 2017, 09:21 PM
"No it is not about how full your facilites are. When someone exports to you that fills up your staging area. When you Import that stores what has been exported to you and sends it to your main storage. To keep your staging area free you need to regularly import."
This is what I was having problems understanding, as I was Exporting but didn't think I needed to Import and I am sure there are a lot more people who didn't know this, so thanks for clarifying the situation, :)

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2017, 02:52 AM
I think I found a glitch or maybe this is just something I don't understand. I opened the Export Products thing for my Snack Machine. I had over 18,000 that I could export and 6 of my neighbors had room for 24 products each. I exported to the first two and the other 4 grayed out - I could no longer export to them. I still had over 18,000 products I could export. I'm not sure how exporting to the first two would have had any effect on the other 4?

Tiger
Dec 24 2017, 11:45 AM
I think I found a glitch or maybe this is just something I don't understand. I opened the Export Products thing for my Snack Machine. I had over 18,000 that I could export and 6 of my neighbors had room for 24 products each. I exported to the first two and the other 4 grayed out - I could no longer export to them. I still had over 18,000 products I could export. I'm not sure how exporting to the first two would have had any effect on the other 4?

Hi Susan,

The only reason you would not have been able to continue exporting is if their staging area was full. It may be that someone pipped you to the post with those last two. If you closed the export box you probably would have seen the export to button go back to blue indicating you could not export any more to that facility.

dorissau
Dec 24 2017, 01:07 PM
soooo... I always have the same 6 players on the "export" list, but only ONE is ever available and I export to her regularly. Only one person has ever been on my "import" list and I always click that. Don't understand where my "staging area" is or how I would know if it was full or empty?

Taz D
Dec 24 2017, 01:15 PM
soooo... I always have the same 6 players on the "export" list, but only ONE is ever available and I export to her regularly. Only one person has ever been on my "import" list and I always click that. Don't understand where my "staging area" is or how I would know if it was full or empty?
Hi Dorissau
Your staging area is where your neighbor's Export their goods to for you. You see that when the Import button turns green. When you click on that you move the goods from the staging area to your regular storage.

mcdaddie
Dec 24 2017, 01:20 PM

If your import button is green and you do the "import" function, you now have a clear staging area and it is ready for you to receive more. On export when you have multiple players and they all shot to be able to import ZERO product means their staging area is full and they have to empty before they are able to take more goods.

dorissau
Dec 24 2017, 03:01 PM
thanks Taz & McDaddie

Farmer_Susan
Dec 24 2017, 05:17 PM
Hi Susan,

The only reason you would not have been able to continue exporting is if their staging area was full. It may be that someone pipped you to the post with those last two. If you closed the export box you probably would have seen the export to button go back to blue indicating you could not export any more to that facility.

MAYBE . . . but I kind of doubt it. I've had it happen 3 times now. Once I had 5 neighbors with stuff to export and I could only do 2 of the 5. Next time I had 4 neighbors ready and again, I could only export 2. I think it's unlikely that other neighbors beat me to the punch all 3 times.

kymstacey
Dec 24 2017, 08:24 PM
No Farm 35 yet?

Taz D
Dec 24 2017, 08:32 PM
No Farm 35 yet?
Hi kymstacey,
He said 3 days or 3 weeks, so since we are past 3 days....

Petuniaflower
Dec 25 2017, 10:43 AM
MAYBE . . . but I kind of doubt it. I've had it happen 3 times now. Once I had 5 neighbors with stuff to export and I could only do 2 of the 5. Next time I had 4 neighbors ready and again, I could only export 2. I think it's unlikely that other neighbors beat me to the punch all 3 times.
The reason I am quoting Susan. IS she is my neighbor,and her and 1 more are the only ones that seem to be doing ..The export..import. Ever so often a couple more do.
I see others will need to take part for this to work good.

dmsloma
Dec 25 2017, 05:04 PM
thank you for the updates and Merry Christmas. I do have one problem my husband both have a farm town neighbor, who seems to be not playing with the ships. The problem, is I now have 1 ship in port as she is number 30 and this same neighbor on my husbands game she is number 30 on two of his, meaning we can dock our ships I have mentioned to her to please sign out of ships so we can continue, but she has not responded. Please advise on how to fix this problem.

Taz D
Dec 25 2017, 05:14 PM
thank you for the updates and Merry Christmas. I do have one problem my husband both have a farm town neighbor, who seems to be not playing with the ships. The problem, is I now have 1 ship in port as she is number 30 and this same neighbor on my husbands game she is number 30 on two of his, meaning we can dock our ships I have mentioned to her to please sign out of ships so we can continue, but she has not responded. Please advise on how to fix this problem.
Hi dmsloma,
I am sorry, but there isn't anything you can. If they do not load your ships then they will stay in their port until the 7 days are up. There isn't anything we or you can do except make sure you do not put them in the 30th place next time.

tarpi
Dec 27 2017, 01:24 AM
When we import goods can we use them to fill regular facilities or only for chain facilities?

marymarcel
Dec 27 2017, 05:45 AM
When we import goods can we use them to fill regular facilities or only for chain facilities?

Hi tarpi :)

When you click in Import button, then the items are added to your main storage and you can use them to fill your service facility chain and your regular service facity in case you have more than 2 service facilities of the same type.

Grumpdad
Dec 27 2017, 03:53 PM
Hi tarpi :)

When you click in Import button, then the items are added to your main storage and you can use them to fill your service facility chain and your regular service facity in case you have more than 2 service facilities of the same type.

If I read this correctly, then if you have at least 3 of the facilities, then you should be able to continue in the other quests with the third one?

marymarcel
Dec 27 2017, 04:14 PM
If I read this correctly, then if you have at least 3 of the facilities, then you should be able to continue in the other quests with the third one?

Hi Grumpdad :)

If one of your neighbors has a regular facility chain that fits with one of your service facility chain, then that neighbor is able to export you products. That neighbor is exporting you the products (Export), but as soon as you click in Import button, those products become just regular products and are added to your main storage.

From your main storage, you will be able to use them to load your service facility chain, other service facility of the same type if you own it, or load the products to finish the last step for regular and cooperative quests. Of course, if you have enough products stored to load all of them. :)

Shellgirlmtl
Dec 28 2017, 01:48 PM
I am a little confused about the 'staging area' in the Facility Chains... where do I go to see how much products were exported to me by my neighbours???... all I see is my coins going down without me importing anything and yet I do not know who or what was exported to me... thank you...

As usual great update and a Happy New Year to the FT Team (Devs and Mods)... thank you...

Also, I've noticed that when someone exports products it shows up in the Activity section (bottom of farm) and pushes the 3rd column to the far right...

Tiger
Dec 28 2017, 02:07 PM
I am a little confused about the 'staging area' in the Facility Chains... where do I go to see how much products were exported to me by my neighbours???... all I see is my coins going down without me importing anything and yet I do not know who or what was exported to me... thank you...

As usual great update and a Happy New Year to the FT Team (Devs and Mods)... thank you...

Hi Shellgirlmtl,

When you click the green Import Products From, in each neighbours box who has exported to you, if there is a blue import button, it will show you the picture of the neighbour, their avatar name and tell you how many products you can import but not what they are. They will be items that you can use in your facilities and they get sent to your main storage for you to use to stock your service chains for more profit.

To keep your staging area free for people to export to you, you need to regularly import.

Shellgirlmtl
Dec 28 2017, 02:24 PM
Hi Shellgirlmtl,

When you click the green Import Products From, in each neighbours box who has exported to you, if there is a blue import button, it will show you the picture of the neighbour, their avatar name and tell you how many products you can import but not what they are. They will be items that you can use in your facilities and they get sent to your main storage for you to use to stock your service chains for more profit.

To keep your staging area free for people to export to you, you need to regularly import.

OK, I think... I figured out what the Green & Blue buttons are and what info they show... so, my understanding is, I do not get to see what's in my staging area??? I just have to make sure I import where & to whom I can... is that it???

marymarcel
Dec 28 2017, 02:50 PM
OK, I think... I figured out what the Green & Blue buttons are and what info they show... so, my understanding is, I do not get to see what's in my staging area??? I just have to make sure I import where & to whom I can... is that it???

Hi Shellgirlmtl :)

Not all functions for the Facility Chain have been released yet, the Check products is one of them. Up now we get a total amount of products for import but not what they are. We just have to wait some weeks till the developers released them and meanwhile you need to regularly import as Tiger told you.

You can read all the information released up now in our Game guide in the following thread:

Shellgirlmtl
Dec 28 2017, 04:01 PM
Hi Shellgirlmtl :)

Not all functions for the Facility Chain have been released yet, the Check products is one of them. Up now we get a total amount of products for import but not what they are. We just have to wait some weeks till the developers released them and meanwhile you need to regularly import as Tiger told you.

You can read all the information released up now in our Game guide in the following thread:

Thank you... and a Happy New Year...

Dan H
Dec 28 2017, 04:20 PM
More new and fun stuff today - Thanks Raul!!

marymarcel
Dec 28 2017, 04:33 PM

From Raul notes for the new release:

Post-Release Updates - December 28th, 4:30PM

- Released the Pharmacy Supplies Factory.

All the information you need about new crop, new tree and new products in other factories, in points 3 and 7 in the main post.

annacrossthepond@gmail.co
Dec 28 2017, 05:11 PM
Looks like these new releases will take much more time than I have to play....thanks, anyway, and I wish all a Very Happy 2018, Anna Banana.

Grumpdad
Dec 28 2017, 05:37 PM
Oh another 2 day crop, to add to the extra 3 day crop, why the duck do I bother ttfn there is no point . . . . . . .

JohnAlbertini
Dec 28 2017, 06:30 PM
Why did the notice above the game only show up today, December 28th, EIGHT DAYS after the original announcement post? So I did not know about it for EIGHT DAYS!

Taz D
Dec 28 2017, 06:32 PM
Why did the notice above the game only show up today, December 28th, EIGHT DAYS after the original announcement post? So I did not know about it for EIGHT DAYS!
Hi John,
Because it was the holidays and they only released a small amount on that day. You can always just come to the forums and check once in a whilwe.

Dutch85
Dec 28 2017, 06:40 PM
Thank you Raul and team for another great release! I hope you all had a nice Christmas! Happy New Year!

JohnAlbertini
Dec 28 2017, 06:41 PM
There are several facilities I have many of but they are never listed in the facilities chain, why? Textile, Metal, Sawmill, Ink, etc. are never offered as options.

cjbraswell
Dec 28 2017, 08:46 PM
i just got a notice at the top of my game a new game release was just made, where is the details? or was i notified 9 days late?

Taz D
Dec 28 2017, 08:51 PM
i just got a notice at the top of my game a new game release was just made, where is the details? or was i notified 9 days late?
Hi cjbraswell,
The details are in the first post of this thread. The notice was not put up over your farms earlier because it was an early release of just a few things before Christmas. Now that the majority of the release is done now then the notice was put up.

frostyvb56
Dec 28 2017, 09:41 PM
thanks for updates. keep up good work

Palmarina
Dec 28 2017, 11:22 PM
Thank you for the pharmacy!
Happy New Year!!! xxx

marlene1091
Dec 28 2017, 11:47 PM

Who pays the coins for the goods? If the person sent to pays, seems like we shouldn't be able to send to who we want without permission? Sorry for the dumb question but not sure how beneficial this is to anyone.

Taz D
Dec 29 2017, 12:09 AM
Who pays the coins for the goods? If the person sent to pays, seems like we shouldn't be able to send to who we want without permission? Sorry for the dumb question but not sure how beneficial this is to anyone.
Hi Marlene,
From Raul's explanation of the Export:
a) If you own a regular facility chain you are now able to export the (Export) products produced on that chain to any neighbour with a service facility chain that can stock those products. This way you will double your revenue compared to just selling those (Export) products in the market. The extra revenue comes as a bonus from the Mayor, your neighbour just pay regular price.

He also said:
f) Right now you can decide when and to whom to export your products. However you have no control over when or which players can export products to you, we may introduce some level of control for this in the future.

The benefit of having product Exported to you by your neighbors is that you only pay the regular price for those products and when you put them in your service facility you earn 50 to 100% more than you would just selling them. So you increase your profit by using these products in your services.

cjbraswell
Dec 29 2017, 02:29 AM
Hi cjbraswell,
The details are in the first post of this thread. The notice was not put up over your farms earlier because it was an early release of just a few things before Christmas. Now that the majority of the release is done now then the notice was put up.

so there was no new release last night, just a late notification, jez, i missed out on the festivities i could have enjoyed 9 days ago, such a shame i got notified late.

what are shea nuts and how long does it take to get them, if it is under 9 days, i could have had them for what i need them for, but because i was not notified of the update, i am now left to play catch up? does not seem fair, today is the first day i was told i needed them in my ingredient planner, so i feel i have been cheated in having some ready. 3 days tree? really, and it has been 9 days, could have had then harvested twice now, and the meadow crop? another thing i have been cheated out of, please, from now on if you release a new update, let the people know, not everyone hangs out in the forums, i play the game i don't hang out in the forum, so i have been cheated of trees and crops i could have had ready for my facilities, but now i have to wait 3 days....tsk, tsk on informing, some christmas present you guys gave us.

MNWildOne423
Dec 29 2017, 06:14 AM
so there was no new release last night, just a late notification, jez, i missed out on the festivities i could have enjoyed 9 days ago, such a shame i got notified late.

what are shea nuts and how long does it take to get them, if it is under 9 days, i could have had them for what i need them for, but because i was not notified of the update, i am now left to play catch up? does not seem fair, today is the first day i was told i needed them in my ingredient planner, so i feel i have been cheated in having some ready. 3 days tree? really, and it has been 9 days, could have had then harvested twice now, and the meadow crop? another thing i have been cheated out of, please, from now on if you release a new update, let the people know, not everyone hangs out in the forums, i play the game i don't hang out in the forum, so i have been cheated of trees and crops i could have had ready for my facilities, but now i have to wait 3 days....tsk, tsk on informing, some christmas present you guys gave us.

The new tree and crop were just released within the last 24 hours. You haven't been "cheated" out of anything. Also you don't have to "hang out" in the forum to know what is going on. You should know by now that there is a release once a month near the end of the month. I typically will monitor the form(meaning I pop in to look for a new release). If there isn't one there then I am gone. This is a game of leisure not of competition. Nobody is given any sort of an advantage. Nobody is looking to cheat anyone. I hope this helps you some. Have a great New Year and happy farming.

jkpaul76
Dec 29 2017, 07:03 AM
Im wondering with new updates is there now a limit to how many factories and services per farm. getting message to move or lose production.

cjbraswell
Dec 29 2017, 07:16 AM
The new tree and crop were just released within the last 24 hours. You haven't been "cheated" out of anything. Also you don't have to "hang out" in the forum to know what is going on. You should know by now that there is a release once a month near the end of the month. I typically will monitor the form(meaning I pop in to look for a new release). If there isn't one there then I am gone. This is a game of leisure not of competition. Nobody is given any sort of an advantage. Nobody is looking to cheat anyone. I hope this helps you some. Have a great New Year and happy farming.

So if the tree was just released, why do I need ingredients for it, and I do play at my leisure, hence why I have never needed anything for a facility before having time to harvest it. I play at my leisure, but I do plan ahead

Tiger
Dec 29 2017, 07:49 AM
So if the tree was just released, why do I need ingredients for it, and I do play at my leisure, hence why I have never needed anything for a facility before having time to harvest it. I play at my leisure, but I do plan ahead

Hi cjbraswell,

The Pharmacy Supplies Factory was also released yesterday and there were two new products added to the Food Ingredients factory. The new crop is needed for the new facility the Shea Tree is needed to make Shea butter in the Food Ingredients factory. Shea butter and menthol crystals are needed for the Pharmacy Supplies Factory.

cjbraswell
Dec 29 2017, 08:10 AM
Hi cjbraswell,

The Pharmacy Supplies Factory was also released yesterday and there were two new products added to the Food Ingredients factory. The new crop is needed for the new facility the Shea Tree is needed to make Shea butter in the Food Ingredients factory. Shea butter and menthol crystals are needed for the Pharmacy Supplies Factory.

So when was the food ingredients factory released and when was the shea butter added to it

Tiger
Dec 29 2017, 08:22 AM
So when was the food ingredients factory released and when was the shea butter added to it

Hi cjbraswell,

You already own the Food ingredients Factory , it was released in July and this is what Raul said about it at that time >>

8. Food Ingredients Factory (Coins): Produces Food Preparation Ingredients. For now there is only one product produced in this facility but this may expand in the future.

The 2 new products in there Shea Butter and Menthol crystals were added yesterday.

cjbraswell
Dec 29 2017, 09:19 AM
Hi cjbraswell,

You already own the Food ingredients Factory , it was released in July and this is what Raul said about it at that time >>

8. Food Ingredients Factory (Coins): Produces Food Preparation Ingredients. For now there is only one product produced in this facility but this may expand in the future.

The 2 new products in there Shea Butter and Menthol crystals were added yesterday.

i just guess it is smarter to release the item you need to build up ingrediants before you release the product it would be used for. just hate having to wait to fill my facilities to build up the product needed for 1 item,

guess it is time to take another long hiatus from the game.

JudyD1651
Dec 29 2017, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the new items. Farm Town is a game and like any game you may play it your way. You don't have to compete with anyone for anything. You don't have to have all the facilities, or the highest xps, or all the belts in everything, or all your farms expanded to 44x44. Just relax and enjoy it. Happy Farming and Happy New Year!

StoneFace
Dec 29 2017, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the new items. Farm Town is a game and like any game you may play it your way. You don't have to compete with anyone for anything. You don't have to have all the facilities, or the highest xps, or all the belts in everything, or all your farms expanded to 44x44. Just relax and enjoy it. Happy Farming and Happy New Year!

Agreed..... and a Happy New Year to you, to the Mods, and to Raul and the development team.

marymarcel
Dec 29 2017, 10:34 AM
Im wondering with new updates is there now a limit to how many factories and services per farm. getting message to move or lose production.

Hi jkpaul76 :)

The maximum is usually between 300 - 400. This message can also be generated by having too much products completed in your facilities and not stored in your storage or a combination of both. So in addition to lowering the number of facilities on your farm you may also need to store all the finished products.

nannyal
Dec 29 2017, 08:31 PM
I for one appreciated all the hard work involved it getting out this release early, Raul and gang could have spend that time with family enjoying Christmas and not pushing to get us new stuff before the holidays began. Like it has been said, you can't please everyone all the time. Be grateful people and show a little respect for all the hard work done to keep our game interesting.

Tuckertbnc
Dec 30 2017, 07:54 AM
I for one appreciated all the hard work involved it getting out this release early, Raul and gang could have spend that time with family enjoying Christmas and not pushing to get us new stuff before the holidays began. Like it has been said, you can't please everyone all the time. Be grateful people and show a little respect for all the hard work done to keep our game interesting.

Unfortunately no one seems to know how to be thankful for anything , anymore .. manners are not needed :confused: .. the trend seems to be > it's online , not in person , so I can be rude or nasty if I feel like it :mad:.......... Being nice and thankful for what you do have > too much bother .. :(

vwsloma
Dec 30 2017, 08:50 AM
Thank you for your help with my neighbor and ships!

dofford
Dec 30 2017, 10:23 PM
To All The Team:
Thanks for all the hard work in getting this months release out early for us. For that we are thankful.
But I think this is a forum to report problems and I have discovered when about to harvest the new crop, it is saying there is about 1/3 less of the Meadowsweet Crop growing on my farms that usually grow on them. I checked and I have 60,522 units and normally have 84,167 units on Farm 08. I have 18 farms with Meadowsweet and have just over 1 mil units growing. (Farms 01 to 18)
On Farms 19 to 22, I planted Rice. The total Crops growing are 336,268 for an average per Farm of 84,067.
So there seems to be a problem with the new crop. Please have a look at this and report back to us.
I will check out the other new crop Wild Rice to see if there is a problem with that one. I had a neighbour plant that crop so I wasn't able to check out the yield on it.
Thanks again for your hard work and am looking forward to the new farm.

Taz D
Dec 30 2017, 10:48 PM
To All The Team:
Thanks for all the hard work in getting this months release out early for us. For that we are thankful.
But I think this is a forum to report problems and I have discovered when about to harvest the new crop, it is saying there is about 1/3 less of the Meadowsweet Crop growing on my farms that usually grow on them. I checked and I have 60,522 units and normally have 84,167 units on Farm 08. I have 18 farms with Meadowsweet and have just over 1 mil units growing. (Farms 01 to 18)
On Farms 19 to 22, I planted Rice. The total Crops growing are 336,268 for an average per Farm of 84,067.
So there seems to be a problem with the new crop. Please have a look at this and report back to us.
I will check out the other new crop Wild Rice to see if there is a problem with that one. I had a neighbour plant that crop so I wasn't able to check out the yield on it.
Thanks again for your hard work and am looking forward to the new farm.
Hi dofford,
Since this is a new crop then you had to earn the belts and dans for it to get up to the level of the other crops. Therefore the amount would be smaller to start with.

Aussie Rae
Dec 31 2017, 03:17 AM
a big thank you to the ever patient devs and mods, guess you can please some of the people all the time and all the people some of the time, but as the saying goes, you can't please all the people all of the time... its always been the way that we get new facilities and new trees etc and have to build up our stocks, as a long time player I understand this and I am sure many many more do as well.. keep up the great work guys, and Happy New Year from Australia, 8pm now, in 4 hrs time it will be 2018 :)

StoneFace
Dec 31 2017, 07:46 AM
four hours have passed, so....

HAPPY NEW YEAR

to everyone in Australia

Farmer_Susan
Dec 31 2017, 03:04 PM
i just guess it is smarter to release the item you need to build up ingrediants before you release the product it would be used for. just hate having to wait to fill my facilities to build up the product needed for 1 item,

guess it is time to take another long hiatus from the game.

This is an individual difference. Personally, although it IS a bit annoying to not be able to fill a facility as soon as I buy it, I also see it as something to look forward to. For me, it was fun to go buy lots of new Shea Trees and plant lots of the new crop - watched them like a HAWK until they were ready to use! Part of the fun for me.

Farmer_Susan
Dec 31 2017, 03:11 PM
Short and sweet for those of us who need it that way:

1. To be able to export, I just need to have the products in my regular storage. So if I run my facilities around the clock and don't sell stuff at the Market Place, I should pretty much ALWAYS have stuff to export?

2. To be able to import, I have to keep my staging area clear, which means I need to import frequently.

Do I have those two concepts right?

Part of why I'm asking is for my own planning but also, I notice that some facilities almost NEVER have anything to export even though 4 or 5 neighbors have those facilities. Does that mean that those neighbors either aren't filling their facilities or that they're selling what they produce at the Marketplace regularly?

Is there a limit to how much we export?

Taz D
Dec 31 2017, 03:26 PM
Short and sweet for those of us who need it that way:

1. To be able to export, I just need to have the products in my regular storage. So if I run my facilities around the clock and don't sell stuff at the Market Place, I should pretty much ALWAYS have stuff to export?

2. To be able to import, I have to keep my staging area clear, which means I need to import frequently.

Do I have those two concepts right?

Part of why I'm asking is for my own planning but also, I notice that some facilities almost NEVER have anything to export even though 4 or 5 neighbors have those facilities. Does that mean that those neighbors either aren't filling their facilities or that they're selling what they produce at the Marketplace regularly?

Is there a limit to how much we export?
Hi Susan,
1. To be able to Export your need products in your From facilities (Export). Those are the extra you make in your chain facilities. What you have in your regular storage cannot be exported.

2. You are correct on this, but your neighbors have to export to you as much as they can.

If they aren't importing the ones you export then you won't be able to export more until they do that.

marlene1091
Dec 31 2017, 04:41 PM
Hi Marlene,
From Raul's explanation of the Export:

He also said:

The benefit of having product Exported to you by your neighbors is that you only pay the regular price for those products and when you put them in your service facility you earn 50 to 100% more than you would just selling them. So you increase your profit by using these products in your services.

Thank You very much for your answer TAZ

Farmer_Susan
Dec 31 2017, 05:27 PM
Farm Town: The Most Fun Way to Prevent Alzheimer's

There's a study they did on nuns - followed them for many years and made notes on their daily activities and lots of other stuff, and then noted which ones developed Alzheimer's and which ones didn't. Turns out that one of the most important factors was NOT whether or not they had the "Alzheimer's Gene" but rather which ones continued to learn new things as they aged. Nuns who HAD the Alzheimer's Gene but who maintained a youthful outlook and kept learning new things did NOT tend to develop Alzheimer's. NEW things. In other words, you might think that working a crossword puzzle is good for your brain. It's not that it's BAD, but crosswords rely on retrieving stuff from long-term memory. You're not learning anything new to chock away into short-term memory.

So the way I figure it is that Farm Town is an excellent way to stave off Alzheimer's. Thank you devs for giving us new stuff to learn and keeping our brains youthful. :)

:::::: Said as she's still scratching her head trying to figure out this new chain :::::::

Taz D
Dec 31 2017, 06:35 PM
Completed Quests and Co-op Quest numbers missing

Please note that you can still collect your farm cash when the button turns blue, but you will not see the totals at the bottom or in the Show Quests. This happens every year at this time to everyone. The developers have been informed. Please be patient until they can set it right.

Begonia Wildwind
Dec 31 2017, 08:05 PM

This happens every year at this time to everyone. The developers have been informed. Please be patient until they can set it right.

Thank you for posting this! You just saved me from freaking out about losing all of my quests! Happy New Year :D

bjyhey3
Dec 31 2017, 08:46 PM

Please note that you can still collect your farm cash when the button turns blue, but you will not see the totals at the bottom or in the Show Quests. This happens every year at this time to everyone. The developers have been informed. Please be patient until they can set it right.

Thank you for posting this...I sure hope they fix this soon as my co-op quests are due to be cashed out for 2 FC in less than 2 1/2 hours...

Taz D
Dec 31 2017, 08:49 PM
Thank you for posting this...I sure hope they fix this soon as my co-op quests are due to be cashed out for 2 FC in less than 2 1/2 hours...
Hi bjyhey,
You can still cash them out when it is time. Even though you can't see the numbers, they are still there and will count.

bjyhey3
Dec 31 2017, 10:06 PM
Hi bjyhey,
You can still cash them out when it is time. Even though you can't see the numbers, they are still there and will count.

Thank you :)

dofford
Dec 31 2017, 11:11 PM
Hi dofford,
Since this is a new crop then you had to earn the belts and dans for it to get up to the level of the other crops. Therefore the amount would be smaller to start with.
Thanks for the quick response on this and the numbers for the quests. Have A Very Happy New Year.

Dutch85
Jan 01 2018, 02:17 PM
Farm Town: The Most Fun Way to Prevent Alzheimer's

There's a study they did on nuns - followed them for many years and made notes on their daily activities and lots of other stuff, and then noted which ones developed Alzheimer's and which ones didn't. Turns out that one of the most important factors was NOT whether or not they had the "Alzheimer's Gene" but rather which ones continued to learn new things as they aged. Nuns who HAD the Alzheimer's Gene but who maintained a youthful outlook and kept learning new things did NOT tend to develop Alzheimer's. NEW things. In other words, you might think that working a crossword puzzle is good for your brain. It's not that it's BAD, but crosswords rely on retrieving stuff from long-term memory. You're not learning anything new to chock away into short-term memory.

So the way I figure it is that Farm Town is an excellent way to stave off Alzheimer's. Thank you devs for giving us new stuff to learn and keeping our brains youthful. :)

:::::: Said as she's still scratching her head trying to figure out this new chain :::::::

A medical reason to play FT!!! Thank you!!!

NiMo1960
Jan 02 2018, 04:55 PM
Ok may be silly question, but ...
Where is this staging area we have to keep clear ?

Taz D
Jan 02 2018, 05:03 PM
Ok may be silly question, but ...
Where is this staging area we have to keep clear ?
Hi NiMo,
It is where the products exported to you are stored. You will only see that products are there when the Import button for your service facility chains turns green. That way you know you have products you need to clear from there by importing them to your regular storage.

NiMo1960
Jan 02 2018, 06:17 PM
Hi NiMo,
It is where the products exported to you are stored. You will only see that products are there when the Import button for your service facility chains turns green. That way you know you have products you need to clear from there by importing them to your regular storage.

I see the EXPORT button which turns green, but I don't see no IMPORT button.
I also cannot export at the moment as the 7 places I can export to are full, so maybe they too cannot see an IMPORT button ?

Taz D
Jan 02 2018, 06:24 PM
I see the EXPORT button which turns green, but I don't see no IMPORT button.
I also cannot export at the moment as the 7 places I can export to are full, so maybe they too cannot see an IMPORT button ?
Hi NiMo,
You will only see the Import button on any service facility chains. Regular facility chains have the Export button.
You can find all the information, including pictures in the Game Guide chapter 33 about the Facility Chains in the following link:

NiMo1960
Jan 02 2018, 06:35 PM
Hi NiMo,
You will only see the Import button on any service facility chains. Regular facility chains have the Export button.
You can find all the information, including pictures in the Game Guide chapter 33 about the Facility Chains in the following link:

Still don't see.
Have every thing from that section bar the import button.
Either not working, or only shows if there are items to import ?

Taz D
Jan 02 2018, 06:41 PM
Still don't see.
Have every thing from that section bar the import button.
Either not working, or only shows if there are items to import ?
Hi NiMo,
According to your data you only have 1 chain for the Sandwich Restaurant. That is a regular facility that you make the sandwiches in. You can only Export from that facility chain.
To be able to import you need a service facility chain. Those facilities are the ones that use the finished products from regular facilities.

NiMo1960
Jan 02 2018, 06:45 PM
Hi NiMo,
According to your data you only have 1 chain for the Sandwich Restaurant. That is a regular facility that you make the sandwiches in. You can only Export from that facility chain.
To be able to import you need a service facility chain. Those facilities are the ones that use the finished products from regular facilities.

Got it sussed now.
Just seen on one of the other accounts where the options are reversed, so instead of sending to you are collecting from.
Option hasn't shown in main account hence why I couldn't see it.

sorry to be a pain :)

NiMo1960
Jan 02 2018, 06:53 PM
Interestins.
So one doesn't actually need the exporting facility on their export list for the other importing person to import. And as soon as import is cleared another load can be exported.
Yes 2 of my 4 accounts can see each other.
(only one is connected to the forum)

Taz D
Jan 02 2018, 07:06 PM
Interestins.
So one doesn't actually need the exporting facility on their export list for the other importing person to import. And as soon as import is cleared another load can be exported.
Yes 2 of my 4 accounts can see each other.
(only one is connected to the forum)
Hi NiMo,
For your sandwich restaurant chain to export one of your neighbors must have a service facility chain that can stock those sandwiches. When you export to them then they need to import what you have sent.
If you had one, for your service chain to import then someone else has to have the corresponding regular facility chain to be able to export to you.

NiMo1960
Jan 02 2018, 07:13 PM
Hi NiMo,
For your sandwich restaurant chain to export one of your neighbors must have a service facility chain that can stock those sandwiches. When you export to them then they need to import what you have sent.
If you had one, for your service chain to import then someone else has to have the corresponding regular facility chain to be able to export to you.

Account 2 has Movie Theatre importing from Pizza Resturant.
This account can export to that account.

Taz D
Jan 02 2018, 07:21 PM
Account 2 has Movie Theatre importing from Pizza Resturant.
This account can export to that account.
Hi NiMo,
If you mean by this account, the one in your signature it can only import the Hotdog Supreme from the Sandwich restaurant.

NiMo1960
Jan 02 2018, 07:36 PM
Hi NiMo,
If you mean by this account, the one in your signature it can only import the Hotdog Supreme from the Sandwich restaurant.

linked the 2nd farm so you can see what I mean.

Taz D
Jan 02 2018, 07:49 PM
linked the 2nd farm so you can see what I mean.
Hi NiMo,
All we can see in the data is what chains you have started. We do not see any of who you can export to or import from. As I said, yes the sandwich restaurant can export to the movie theatre, but the only product from the sandwich shop that loads in the movie theatre is the hotdog supreme.

NiMo1960
Jan 02 2018, 08:03 PM
Hi NiMo,
All we can see in the data is what chains you have started. We do not see any of who you can export to or import from. As I said, yes the sandwich restaurant can export to the movie theatre, but the only product from the sandwich shop that loads in the movie theatre is the hotdog supreme.

I can now see that.

Needed to play this to understand it, and now what you are saying makes sense.
Whats that saying - "practice makes perfect"

knolan
Jan 04 2018, 06:23 AM
I'm having trouble getting the Quests done. For the main reason, I can't afford to buy the Facilities. I have to complete the Quests in order to earn enough FarmCash to purchase the Facilities. I am unable to complete the Quests bcuz I don't have the Facilities that require FarmCash to buy. So, in other words, Why can't the dev's pick Facilities that have been in the store for 9 months or longer? I'm sure I"m not the only one. I know the dev's want to increase sales. But, that's not the way to do it. At least be reasonable when it comes to choosing which Facilities to use for the Quests. They can easily program the game to use only Facilities that have been in the store for 9 months or longer. (9 mnths is an approx time frame).
I have been unable to earn FarmCash from Quests for over 4 weeks bcuz 6 out of 9 Facilities for Quests are the new one I don't have.

marymarcel
Jan 04 2018, 06:29 AM
I'm having trouble getting the Quests done. For the main reason, I can't afford to buy the Facilities. I have to complete the Quests in order to earn enough FarmCash to purchase the Facilities. I am unable to complete the Quests bcuz I don't have the Facilities that require FarmCash to buy. So, in other words, Why can't the dev's pick Facilities that have been in the store for 9 months or longer? I'm sure I"m not the only one. I know the dev's want to increase sales. But, that's not the way to do it. At least be reasonable when it comes to choosing which Facilities to use for the Quests. They can easily program the game to use only Facilities that have been in the store for 9 months or longer. (9 mnths is an approx time frame).
I have been unable to earn FarmCash from Quests for over 4 weeks bcuz 6 out of 9 Facilities for Quests are the new one I don't have.

Hi knolan :)

It is better to post ideas for the game in our Suggestion section, where we have all suggestions grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You can't start a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to that section:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Farmer_Susan
Jan 04 2018, 07:26 AM
Trying to understand what just happened. I went to export products - opened the screen and there were maybe 8 or 9 neighbors I could export to - some could export 40 products, some 80 and one neighbor could export over 200 (260, I think, but it might have been 240). I like to send goodies to as many people as I can so my strategy has been to start with a lower numbered person. So I chose one of the people who could export 40 and clicked that button. I had assumed that EITHER the others would remain unchanged (which happens at times - I guess if they have different products from what the 40 person had) OR that the people with 80 would go down to 40 and the person with 260 would go down to 220. What happened instead is that after I clicked, I DID still have some people with 40 (not sure if those were some of the original 40s or whether they were some 80-40=40 people), but the part that suprised me is that the person who originally had 260 now couldn't be exported to at all. In other words, to maximize my exports, I would have had to export to THAT person first - to make sure I got at least the 260. Is this a bug or is there another explanation? I would think that even if the 260 person had that many of just one product - that after I exported 40 of that product to the first person, I'd still be able to export 220 to this person. But maybe it doesn't work that way.

If it matters, this is my Soft Drink Factory > Snack Machine that DID have a bug in it at one point. I think Raul said that particular bug would be fixed with the next release so maybe this is part of that and he just hasn't gotten to it yet, which is fine. Just trying to understand what happened here if it's NOT a bug.

I'm sort of hoping this is a bug, actually. I like the strategy of being able to start with the lowest person first so I can export to more people. Spread the wealth. :)

Thanks,

Susan

marymarcel
Jan 04 2018, 07:53 AM
Trying to understand what just happened. I went to export products - opened the screen and there were maybe 8 or 9 neighbors I could export to - some could export 40 products, some 80 and one neighbor could export over 200 (260, I think, but it might have been 240). I like to send goodies to as many people as I can so my strategy has been to start with a lower numbered person. So I chose one of the people who could export 40 and clicked that button. I had assumed that EITHER the others would remain unchanged (which happens at times - I guess if they have different products from what the 40 person had) OR that the people with 80 would go down to 40 and the person with 260 would go down to 220. What happened instead is that after I clicked, I DID still have some people with 40 (not sure if those were some of the original 40s or whether they were some 80-40=40 people), but the part that suprised me is that the person who originally had 260 now couldn't be exported to at all. In other words, to maximize my exports, I would have had to export to THAT person first - to make sure I got at least the 260. Is this a bug or is there another explanation? I would think that even if the 260 person had that many of just one product - that after I exported 40 of that product to the first person, I'd still be able to export 220 to this person. But maybe it doesn't work that way.

If it matters, this is my Soft Drink Factory > Snack Machine that DID have a bug in it at one point. I think Raul said that particular bug would be fixed with the next release so maybe this is part of that and he just hasn't gotten to it yet, which is fine. Just trying to understand what happened here if it's NOT a bug.

I'm sort of hoping this is a bug, actually. I like the strategy of being able to start with the lowest person first so I can export to more people. Spread the wealth. :)

Thanks,

Susan

Hi Susan :)

I will try to give you the better explanation I have for this.

The Soft Drink Factory products are used in multiple service facilities like the Movie Theater, Dance Club and Snack machine.

When this happens, you can only see the picture of one of those services, in your case, the Snack machine, but you are probably exporting to the other services too. When developers complete the ‘Check Products’ button functionality you will be able to see exactly which products you are exporting and with that information you can figure out on which facility they are being used.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 04 2018, 11:34 AM

I will try to give you the better explanation I have for this.

The Soft Drink Factory products are used in multiple service facilities like the Movie Theater, Dance Club and Snack machine.

When this happens, you can only see the picture of one of those services, in your case, the Snack machine, but you are probably exporting to the other services too. When developers complete the ‘Check Products’ button functionality you will be able to see exactly which products you are exporting and with that information you can figure out on which facility they are being used.

That helps - but still - since I only exported 40 products, what happened to the other 220 products that I COULD have exported had I chosen that neighbor first? Why wasn't I able to export them? It seems like if I hadn't had the proper chain to receive all 260 items, that amount shouldn't have shown up in the first place.

Taz D
Jan 04 2018, 11:43 AM
That helps - but still - since I only exported 40 products, what happened to the other 220 products that I COULD have exported had I chosen that neighbor first? Why wasn't I able to export them? It seems like if I hadn't had the proper chain to receive all 260 items, that amount shouldn't have shown up in the first place.
Hi Susan,
We don't know any more than you do. As the entire thing is not released yet then we have no way to check things. One thing you might note is you have a total at the top of the pop up of how many products you can export. The amount available to export may fill any number of neighbors requirements, so by selecting one to export to then the others will change. As for the one with 260 it may just be someone else exported to them. But until we have the rest of the chains release we can't tell.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 04 2018, 01:21 PM
Hi Susan,
We don't know any more than you do. As the entire thing is not released yet then we have no way to check things. One thing you might note is you have a total at the top of the pop up of how many products you can export. The amount available to export may fill any number of neighbors requirements, so by selecting one to export to then the others will change. As for the one with 260 it may just be someone else exported to them. But until we have the rest of the chains release we can't tell.

I've got many thousands that I can export so that's not it. I'm totally fine waiting - mostly just reporting this here because I thought it might be a bug that Raul would want to know about. I'm fine. Enjoying them even when they DON'T work the way I expect. ;)

Taz D
Jan 04 2018, 01:28 PM
I've got many thousands that I can export so that's not it. I'm totally fine waiting - mostly just reporting this here because I thought it might be a bug that Raul would want to know about. I'm fine. Enjoying them even when they DON'T work the way I expect. ;)
Hi Susan,
You may have many thousands but as yet we can't tell of what. Could be that those are not the right ones.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 04 2018, 09:45 PM
Hi Susan,
You may have many thousands but as yet we can't tell of what. Could be that those are not the right ones.

So if I have thousands of product A but not B, C or D . . . and Neighbor Q can accept 40 of product A and 220 of product B, C or D, it still seems like they should only show up as being able to accept 40 from me - not 260.

However, maybe when the next installment is released, it will all be clear.

perryalexander
Jan 05 2018, 08:47 AM
No graphic shows for the Pharmacy Supplies Factory when posting "Produce Faster" requests, is that being addressed?

Could a separate thread be opened for addressing issues dealing with the Factory Change Manager so that those concerned with issues dealing with the current release do not have to wade through all the long posts regarding this continuing feature roll out?

Tiger
Jan 05 2018, 09:12 AM
No graphic shows for the Pharmacy Supplies Factory when posting "Produce Faster" requests, is that being addressed?

Could a separate thread be opened for addressing issues dealing with the Factory Change Manager so that those concerned with issues dealing with the current release do not have to wade through all the long posts regarding this continuing feature roll out?

Hi perryalexander,

I have just tried posting from the Pharmacy Supplies Factory and it posted with no issues for me. Perhaps try clearing your browser caches and see if that corrects the problem for you.

No I'm sorry we will not open another new release thread for a specific new release item. The developers want to see all feedback and issues for all items from this release in the one thread. All i can suggest is you perhaps check the forum a little more frequently so there are not so many posts for you to read in one go.

perryalexander
Jan 05 2018, 09:54 AM
Hi perryalexander,

I have just tried posting from the Pharmacy Supplies Factory and it posted with no issues for me. Perhaps try clearing your browser caches and see if that corrects the problem for you.

No I'm sorry we will not open another new release thread for a specific new release item. The developers want to see all feedback and issues for all items from this release in the one thread. All i can suggest is you perhaps check the forum a little more frequently so there are not so many posts for you to read in one go.

1. Tried different browsers and clearing caches BEFORE I posted. Are you sure others can SEE the graphic of the facility?

2. This is NOT a new feature, it was released October 27th, 2017! The Facilities Chain Manager discussion on how it works belongs elsewhere - the TRAINS and CARGO SHIPS have their own in Help & Support. The developers do not read this thread anyway.

MOM GLENDA
Jan 05 2018, 10:04 AM
i got 2 chains i exported just now to 3 neighbors.i imported to one neighbor.i do not see how this helped me at all .guess i just do not understand how this works.how did it help me to export to 3 neighbors and did it cause my neighbor to lose products when i imported from him.i want to do more chains but not until i understand how this works

Tiger
Jan 05 2018, 10:17 AM
1. Tried different browsers and clearing caches BEFORE I posted. Are you sure others can SEE the graphic of the facility?

2. This is NOT a new feature, it was released October 27th, 2017! The Facilities Chain Manager discussion on how it works belongs elsewhere - the TRAINS and CARGO SHIPS have their own in Help & Support. The developers do not read this thread anyway.

Hi perryalexander,

Please report your issue with the pharmacy facility to support as we can not reproduce your issue.

The reason the Facility Chains are being discussed in this thread is because the import and export were added to them in this release, which you can see listed in the top post. New items have been added over the last few months and there are still a couple of items yet to be released.

I can assure you the developers do read the posts here.

Tiger
Jan 05 2018, 10:23 AM
i got 2 chains i exported just now to 3 neighbors.i imported to one neighbor.i do not see how this helped me at all .guess i just do not understand how this works.how did it help me to export to 3 neighbors and did it cause my neighbor to lose products when i imported from him.i want to do more chains but not until i understand how this works

Hi MOM GLENDA,

When you import you are gaining products to use in your own service facility chains, which when you cash out will earn you considerably more profit than if those facilities were not in a chain.

When you export to someone you are earning coins and helping them to stock their service facilites.

The benefits of each chain and all the information about the chains is in the Game Guide. Here's the link to that section >>

perryalexander
Jan 05 2018, 10:38 AM
Hi perryalexander,

I can assure you the developers do read the posts here.

Thank you for the kind response and the informative link in the message just above this one. :)

mcdaddie
Jan 05 2018, 03:50 PM
Everyone in my home can see the graphics fine. Even tried different browsers and can't make it fail. I do not believe the problem lies with Slashkey (FarmTown).

perryalexander
Jan 05 2018, 07:37 PM
Everyone in my home can see the graphics fine. Even tried different browsers and can't make it fail. I do not believe the problem lies with Slashkey (FarmTown).

Of course they can, Slashkey fixed the problem. The error could not be seen within Farm Town anyway, it was in the graphic posted within Facebook with the message of the post.

No question about Slashkey developers reading this thread and acting.

Taz D
Jan 05 2018, 07:46 PM
Of course they can, Slashkey fixed the problem. The error could not be seen within Farm Town anyway, it was in the graphic posted within Facebook with the message of the post.

No question about Slashkey developers reading this thread and acting.
Hi perryalexander,
I hate to tell you this, but Slashkey has not done anything as we did not report it since we could not duplicate it. The only thing that fixed itself was your display of the graphic. All the graphics for the game are stored in your browser cache. If you have your browser set to clear that cache when you close it, then it had to re-download all of those graphics when you opened Farm Town the next time.

perryalexander
Jan 05 2018, 10:34 PM
Hi perryalexander,
I hate to tell you this, but Slashkey has not done anything as we did not report it since we could not duplicate it. The only thing that fixed itself was your display of the graphic. All the graphics for the game are stored in your browser cache. If you have your browser set to clear that cache when you close it, then it had to re-download all of those graphics when you opened Farm Town the next time.

Oh well, life moves on and time changes things. I did absolutely nothing but switched from Facebook to look up Queen Victoria in Wikapedia in the same tab. I only clear the cache manually. Sorry for giving false credit to Slashkey for being proactive. Must have been a Facebook thing that delivered the graphic as that where I saw the problem...never in Farm Town.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 06 2018, 04:25 AM
When I go to the Marketplace - if I sell the items marked "From Facilities (Export)" - does that mean I CAN'T then export those products to neighbors? Or am I selling off products I've already received from neighbors so that there's not anything else I can do with those particular products in the new chain thing?

If I can sell those items in the Marketplace OR export them to neighbors, which is the better option?

marymarcel
Jan 06 2018, 06:27 AM
When I go to the Marketplace - if I sell the items marked "From Facilities (Export)" - does that mean I CAN'T then export those products to neighbors? Or am I selling off products I've already received from neighbors so that there's not anything else I can do with those particular products in the new chain thing?

If I can sell those items in the Marketplace OR export them to neighbors, which is the better option?

If you go to market and you sell the products under "From Facilities (Export)" then you will not be able to export those products to your neighbors for their service chains.

Those products (export) were generated in your own regular facility chains, and not received from your neighbors. If your neighbors export products to you, then when you click in Import button, those products are added to your main storage to be used loading your service chains.

To answer your question about the better option, this is from the game guide:

3. ( Export ) products can not be consumed by your own service facilities, you can either:

a) Sell them at the market (Notice these products generate pure profit because they didn't cost you any ingredients or time).

OR

b) Export them to a neighbour who has a chain of the facility that can consume those products. In this case the Mayor will compensate you with an extra 100% of the sale price for helping others.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 06 2018, 07:16 AM

If you go to market and you sell the products under "From Facilities (Export)" then you will not be able to export those products to your neighbors for their service chains.

Those products (export) were generated in your own regular facility chains, and not received from your neighbors. If your neighbors export products to you, then when you click in Import button, those products are added to your main storage to be used loading your service chains.

To answer your question about the better option, this is from the game guide:

3. ( Export ) products can not be consumed by your own service facilities, you can either:

a) Sell them at the market (Notice these products generate pure profit because they didn't cost you any ingredients or time).

OR

b) Export them to a neighbour who has a chain of the facility that can consume those products. In this case the Mayor will compensate you with an extra 100% of the sale price for helping others.

Excellent! Thanks so much. :)

marymarcel
Jan 06 2018, 07:18 AM
Excellent! Thanks so much. :)

You are very welcome Susan :)

jeannine_p
Jan 06 2018, 11:26 AM
isnt it about time to get rid of christmas decorations?just wonderin....

Stu3
Jan 06 2018, 11:56 AM
Nearly 3 Weeks since Update no sign of #35 yet guess the Holiday Hangovers are still hanging around?

BethFB
Jan 06 2018, 08:30 PM
Wondering when we're going to be getting #35 yet and we still have Christmas decorations in the gifting section.

Would love to have number #35 farm now.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 07 2018, 06:05 AM
A comment and a suggestion:

Comment is I LOVE it that we get to choose our new chain facility on Monday. Now there's finally something GOOD to look forward to on Mondays. ;)

Suggestion is - as time goes on, we're potentially going to have hundreds of these chains, which is going to become pretty time consuming to manage. One suggestion on exports, is to only turn the button green when we have exports AND when we have neighbors who can accept our exports. Right now it's not that big a deal to open a group and find that no neighbors can accept what I have ready to export, but eventually, it would be. We'll need more shortcuts than that as the number of chains increases, but you may already have plans for that so I'll wait and see.

marymarcel
Jan 07 2018, 09:05 AM
A comment and a suggestion:

Comment is I LOVE it that we get to choose our new chain facility on Monday. Now there's finally something GOOD to look forward to on Mondays. ;)

Suggestion is - as time goes on, we're potentially going to have hundreds of these chains, which is going to become pretty time consuming to manage. One suggestion on exports, is to only turn the button green when we have exports AND when we have neighbors who can accept our exports. Right now it's not that big a deal to open a group and find that no neighbors can accept what I have ready to export, but eventually, it would be. We'll need more shortcuts than that as the number of chains increases, but you may already have plans for that so I'll wait and see.

Please post your suggestion in our Suggestion section where we have them grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You can't start a new thread there but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to the thread where you can post:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595090

Moose Mob
Jan 07 2018, 04:54 PM
Is there a recent change in behavior or I am just not seeing things clearly?
A week or so ago I had a facility that could export 24000 units. 3 recievers could not recieve from this facility for a couple weeks. Finally one could recieve 1800, so I sent 1500, they empties, I sent more, repeat until empty.
This week I tried the same scenario, except I could not send more than the one time. The next morning, they could receive 1800 so it was sent, and I could send no more.
Today, I tried a different facility with same situation but a different receiver, and could only send one batch. Later today I sent yet another facility and another person 1200 of my 15000 available and could not send a second batch after they emptied.
Is there some sort of delay or throttle now? I like to send multiple to multiple people when I can, but if I have high quantities of product to give away, I would like to do it.

Taz D
Jan 07 2018, 05:01 PM
Is there a recent change in behavior or I am just not seeing things clearly?
A week or so ago I had a facility that could export 24000 units. 3 recievers could not recieve from this facility for a couple weeks. Finally one could recieve 1800, so I sent 1500, they empties, I sent more, repeat until empty.
This week I tried the same scenario, except I could not send more than the one time. The next morning, they could receive 1800 so it was sent, and I could send no more.
Today, I tried a different facility with same situation but a different receiver, and could only send one batch. Later today I sent yet another facility and another person 1200 of my 15000 available and could not send a second batch after they emptied.
Is there some sort of delay or throttle now? I like to send multiple to multiple people when I can, but if I have high quantities of product to give away, I would like to do it.
Hi Moose Mob,
There isn't any change that we are aware of. Maybe they are not importing as fast or you don't have the products to export. We did have a few weeks to build up our export supplies and you may have gone through all of those and not have as many being completed now to export. Remeber you can only export the additional products you make over the normal production.

Aussie Rae
Jan 07 2018, 07:09 PM
not sure if its relevant or not with the Chain Facilities, but after checking who can actually help with mine,(list from last week) out of the 74 listed, only 1 facility has 5 people, 1 has 4, 1 has 3, 4 have 2, 22 have 1 and 45 have 0. Its going to be a matter of checking each facility to find out exactly which products in them are going to be available to Import/Export and then decide what to do after that... I ended up selling off all goods and deleting all facilities and am starting over.. not sure if I have done the right thing or not but got tired of constantly checking and finding nothing to Import ,, so fingers crossed.. hope the facilities chosen for this week are better.. and I can find more people who can benefit from them.. me included.. lol :)

max_river
Jan 07 2018, 09:53 PM
I am so confused i have never been able to export

Taz D
Jan 07 2018, 10:05 PM
I am so confused i have never been able to export
Hi max_river,
You have regular facility chains, so the only reason you may not be able to export is you may not have any neighbors who have service facility chains that use the products you would be able to export.
What do you see when you click on the export button for your facility chains?

Farmer_Susan
Jan 08 2018, 07:51 AM
I just added a new chain of the Event Catering Facility. I chose that one because it said 8 of my neighbors also had it. I didn't realize I only had one until after I created the chain and I saw the error messages. So my questions are:

1. If I delete that chain can I choose a different one for this week or do I have to wait until next week?

2. Those 8 neighbors who also have it - does that mean 8 of my neighbors have met all requirements (i.e., they have 2 of that facility, have reached the 7th dan in everything - or whatever all the requirements are which would allow me to export to them)?

I'm trying to decide whether I'd rather just bite the bullet and buy a 2nd Event Catering Facility or whether to delete that chain and start again.

dave1949
Jan 08 2018, 08:35 AM
I just added a new chain of the Event Catering Facility. I chose that one because it said 8 of my neighbors also had it. I didn't realize I only had one until after I created the chain and I saw the error messages. So my questions are:

1. If I delete that chain can I choose a different one for this week or do I have to wait until next week?

2. Those 8 neighbors who also have it - does that mean 8 of my neighbors have met all requirements (i.e., they have 2 of that facility, have reached the 7th dan in everything - or whatever all the requirements are which would allow me to export to them)?

I'm trying to decide whether I'd rather just bite the bullet and buy a 2nd Event Catering Facility or whether to delete that chain and start again.

You can delete that one and start another.

Tiger
Jan 08 2018, 08:38 AM

Hi Farmer_Susan,

Yes if you have just created a chain, you can delete that chain and pick another one.

The number next to the neighbour icon is the number of neighbours you could export/import to when you reach chain status. They also had to have reached chain status in their chains in order for you to be able to import/export to.

marymarcel
Jan 08 2018, 01:44 PM

From Raul notes for the New Release:

Post-Release Updates - January 8th, 2:30PM

- Released Farm 35.

WillowTreeFarm
Jan 08 2018, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the new farm!

perryalexander
Jan 08 2018, 04:03 PM
Why on earth do the developers take the holiday items down when they are NOT ready to put up new stuff? Sure ruined my design work on my farm 28! But I shall persist, there is always more than one way to skin a cat. We stick with this game because it is challenging, not because it is easy.

Taz D
Jan 08 2018, 05:10 PM
Why on earth do the developers take the holiday items down when they are NOT ready to put up new stuff? Sure ruined my design work on my farm 28! But I shall persist, there is always more than one way to skin a cat. We stick with this game because it is challenging, not because it is easy.
Hi perryalexander,
They take the holiday decorations down when the month for the holiday is over. Since we do not have another holiday until February they do not put up the next holiday decorations until then.

perryalexander
Jan 08 2018, 06:40 PM
Hi perryalexander,
They take the holiday decorations down when the month for the holiday is over. Since we do not have another holiday until February they do not put up the next holiday decorations until then.

I was using Snowflake Decor and winter ends in MARCH.

Taz D
Jan 08 2018, 06:45 PM
I was using snowflakes and winter ends in MARCH.
Hi perryalexander,
The holiday decoration have always been taken out of the store at the end of the month for that holiday. I am sorry, but you will have to wait until next December to get more snowflakes.

Aussie Rae
Jan 09 2018, 02:10 AM
I was using Snowflake Decor and winter ends in MARCH.

that depends on where you live... LOL its the middle of summer where I live...winter won't start til June...

maggiel29
Jan 09 2018, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the new farm :)

Taz D
Jan 10 2018, 03:08 PM
Raul has just posted the following:

Post-Release Updates - January 10th, 4:00PM

- Fixed bugs that caused product amounts to be incorrect after an Export operation in a facility chain.

Tuckertbnc
Jan 11 2018, 10:36 AM
Every time I go in to check my Factory chains .... It tells me I have products that can be exported from my Bakery to my neighbors Modern School > the tab is green , but when I click and go in , it shows / says nothing to be exported to my neighbors ... My other factory chains do not do this ... When their tab is green I go in and can export & import ... Only the Bakery is doing this ...

Taz D
Jan 11 2018, 12:06 PM
Every time I go in to check my Factory chains .... It tells me I have products that can be exported from my Bakery to my neighbors Modern School > the tab is green , but when I click and go in , it shows / says nothing to be exported to my neighbors ... My other factory chains do not do this ... When their tab is green I go in and can export & import ... Only the Bakery is doing this ...
Hi Tuckertbnc,
The Export button is green when you have products you can export, not when someone can receive the products. With the Bakery having so many diverse products that go to many different services then it will most likely be green most of the time as you will have products to export that no one is using.

Farmer_Susan
Jan 14 2018, 07:47 AM
I think you've probably already told me this but I'm spacing it. What is it that restricts the amount I can export? Right now on my Soft Drink Facility > Snack Machine chain, it says I only have 280 products I can export. I just emptied my Soft Drink facilities so it seems like my total I could export should be higher. I get that neighbors may not have cleared their staging areas, which would mean I couldn't export to them until they do so I'm not questioning that - just not sure why my total amount isn't higher. The maximum any of them can accept is also 280 so it's going to wipe me out. Most of my other chains, I end up with thousands to export so I'm never totally wiped out when I export to everyone. However, I also just refilled my Snack Machines (the other half of the chain). Does that also limit the amount I can export? I'm pretty sure you've said that it doesn't - but I don't get why my total number of products I can export is only 280 when I just emptied my Soft Drink facilities.

Thanks for your patience when we need to ask AGAIN. :)

marymarcel
Jan 14 2018, 09:33 AM
I think you've probably already told me this but I'm spacing it. What is it that restricts the amount I can export? Right now on my Soft Drink Facility > Snack Machine chain, it says I only have 280 products I can export. I just emptied my Soft Drink facilities so it seems like my total I could export should be higher. I get that neighbors may not have cleared their staging areas, which would mean I couldn't export to them until they do so I'm not questioning that - just not sure why my total amount isn't higher. The maximum any of them can accept is also 280 so it's going to wipe me out. Most of my other chains, I end up with thousands to export so I'm never totally wiped out when I export to everyone. However, I also just refilled my Snack Machines (the other half of the chain). Does that also limit the amount I can export? I'm pretty sure you've said that it doesn't - but I don't get why my total number of products I can export is only 280 when I just emptied my Soft Drink facilities.

Thanks for your patience when we need to ask AGAIN. :)

The soft drink factory products are used in a few service facilities like the Snack machine, Movie theater and Dance club. Just remeber that your chain for Soft drink factory produces a 40% more products for you to export.

When you have a regular factory chain for coins, the 100% of the products produced in it are stored for you to use in your own services, you are not using those products to export.

Only the 40% extra is stored as (Export) and are the ones you can export to your neighbors service chains.

I also have the Soft drinks chain and if I want to export a lot, I run out of products available as like I told you before those products are used in 3 different services chains and you only get the 40% extra of the production. We will have to wait for the release of the new feature for "Check products" button to get more information. :)

Farmer_Susan
Jan 14 2018, 03:42 PM
Ok, thanks. One thing I had forgotten is that we can only export 40% of what we make. Also, maybe since I've been importing and exporting regularly, those two things are what's keeping my the amount I can export lower than I thought it should be. Thanks for the explanation. I bet "all will be revealed" when we get the next release. :)

barbaraelwart
Jan 15 2018, 03:58 AM
I am confused as to why some of the facilities that are listed each week to add to the chains are ones where you are unable, as yet, to get Dans for, but to be in a chain it says we have to have all the 7 dans ........

Taz D
Jan 15 2018, 11:10 AM
I am confused as to why some of the facilities that are listed each week to add to the chains are ones where you are unable, as yet, to get Dans for, but to be in a chain it says we have to have all the 7 dans ........
Hi Barbaraelwart,
They just didn't make any exceptions for those. When we get the rest of the facility chain released to us then I am sure they will release the belts for those facilities.

bruhelmboldt
Jan 15 2018, 04:31 PM
Is there a way (or place) where we can see who is exporting to us? Or is that only the people we see that we can import from? And vice versa, I think?

Aussie Rae
Jan 15 2018, 04:38 PM
Is there a way (or place) where we can see who is exporting to us? Or is that only the people we see that we can import from? And vice versa, I think?

if you look at the area under the game where it shows those people who have sent a gift or worked your facilities.. it will show those who Export to you... you need to Import goods if that button is green... I usually Import first, then Export after that... try to spread the goods around to those who have room in their staging area..

marymarcel
Jan 15 2018, 04:41 PM

Hi bruhelmboldt :)

When you click in your green Import button you will see the neighbors you are importing from, for them they are exporting to you, so they see your photo when they click in their Export button. :)

KnightRider
Jan 16 2018, 06:21 PM
Thank you very much everyone for your feedback on December's release and the new version of the game. I am now closing this thread.

If you require help with the game please post in Help and Support. (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
For feedback for the game post in General Feedback. (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
Ideas for the game post in Suggestions. (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)