PDA

View Full Version : New Release -- October 3rd, 2018

Raul
Oct 03 2018, 09:58 PM
See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on October 25th, 6:30PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes: En Espaņol AQUI (http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638534)

1. 15 Halloween Items including 4 animated items: 5 as gift, 6 in the top of the Halloween category in the Store, and 4 at the bottom.

2. Next 5 expansions for Farm 37, see prices below:

24x24 - 31000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
26x26 - 31500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
28x28 - 32000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
30x30 - 32500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
32x32 - 33000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

3. Increased delivery for most Semi-Trailer products:

Kevlar Fiber ----------> 50%
Hotdog Sausage -----> 40%
Leather Roll ----------> 40%
Yeast -----------------> 43%
Ham ------------------> 30%
Pork ------------------> 30%
Carbonated Water ---> 20%
Meat -----------------> 25%
Pepperoni ------------> 20%
Chicken --------------> 22%
Sausage Pack -------> 17%
Glycerol -------------> 20%
Lamb ----------------> 20%

4. 'Show Product Names' button in 'Show Work Info' screen: Located in the top left, below the colored legend, it will show the most common product present on each farm. When you mouse over each farm button it will show a tooltip with the 10 most common products present on that farm.

Plow Fields, Harvested Fields and Gone to Waste Fields will never be shown.

5. Purple Freestyle Farm Designer (FC): When you use this tool, it will show you a screen with the following options:

a) Edit items -> this is what the green hand currently does
b) Buy one item from the Store
c) Buy multiple items from the Store
d) Use item from your Storage

This will allow you to select items from the Store or Storage and overlap other items in your farm, without requiring to have physical space in the farm for the new item and without opening the Store every time.

Also, for an extra convenience, once you have selected the purple hand, you can click the Store icon to open the store and select another item to buy and place in the farm.

6. Neighbour Bar optimization: People with lots of neighbours were experiencing 3-6 seconds delay when loading the game, because of the avatars in the Neighbour Bar. We implemented an optimization that only loads the first 8 visible avatars. Only when you scroll through the neighbours the rest of the avatars are loaded, this will provide a better experience and better farm loading times.

Also, when changing farms, the chat is not opened and closed every time if you are alone on the farm.

7. Super Neighbours Improvements:

a) If you are working in a Super Neighbour farm, and the farm owner wanted a specific crop planted on that farm, when you open the store, you will only see that crop listed on the store
b) When working Super Neighbour farms you now have access to the Hide (closed eye) tool in the ToolBox
c) BugFix: When working Super Neighbour farms, when you have finished all the jobs in a farm where you are also hired to design, the Hand tool is not automatically selected

8. Other Bug Fixes:

a) BugFix: 'Show Work Info' sometimes showing Crops, Trees, Flowers or Fish ready to harvest when they were still growing
b) BugFix: If you hire someone to design while you are both on the farm at the same time, the green hand was never available to the designer, only the yellow hand
c) BugFix: The 'Too many facilities in farm...' warning message continue to appear even after deleting some of the facilities in the farm

9. Other Improvements released in the past 2-3 weeks:

a) Released a Chrome Browser Extension that will allow you to approve the Flash Player only once instead of every single time that you open your browser.
b) BugFix: Player names not showing in the Farmtown Wall Request and in the confirmation pages for Claim Bonus and Request Ingredients. Names continue to link to the user Facebook profiles.

10. New Bambusa Crop: The Bambusa will produce the Bamboo Shoots. The bambusa is technically a tree, but we are introducing it as a crop because it will only grow a little bit.

11. Upholstery Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Upholstery Supplies.

Upholstery Tacks
Tack Lifter
Jute Webbing
Webbing Stretcher
Tacking Strip
Rawhide Mallet
Chair Caster Wheel
Staple Gun

12. House Construction Supplies (FC): Produces House Construction Supplies.

Crown Molding
Roof Vent
Concrete Screws
Electrical Wire
Septic Tank
Glass Wool Insulation
Multi-purpose Scaffold
Cement Mixer

13. Taiwanese Restaurant (FC): Produces Taiwanese Food.

Scallion Pancakes
Oyster Omelette
Taiwanese Hamburger
Beef Noodle Soup
Oyster Vermicelli
Minced Pork Rice
Giant Meat Dumplings
Taiwanese Shaved Snow

New products from other facilities: Condensed Milk in the Dairy Processing Plant, Steamed Bread in the Bakery and Sweet Chili Sauce in the Sauce and Condiments Factory.

There is also a new crop, the Bambusa, which produces Bamboo Shoots. The bambusa is technically a tree, but we are introducing it as a crop because it will only grow a little bit.

14. Furniture Repair Shop (Coins): Provides Furniture Repair Services and can be stocked with products from the Upholstery Supplies Factory.

15. Taste of Indonesia (FC): Provides Indonesia Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Indonesian Restaurant.

16. Taste of Mexico (FC): Provides Mexico Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Mexican Restaurant.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - October 4th, 4:00PM

- Released the House Construction Supplies Facility.

Post Release Updates - October 17th, 12:30PM

- Released the Taiwanese Restaurant
- Released the Purple Freestyle Farm Designer. Please check point #5 above in the released thread as we have added new information.

Post Release Updates - October 24th, 5:30PM

- Added a new 'Rotate Items' to the purple hand so you can rotate a big number of items more quickly
- When using any Freestyle Farm Designer, including the yellow hand, when you mouse over an item the name of the item will show up on top
- If you disconnect from the mainframe to go offline, when you go back online, you will see an updated list of all avatars that are currently connected, this should work everywhere, farms, marketplace, etc
- Removed the black 'Loading...' message when scrolling through the neighbour list

Post Release Updates - October 25th, 6:30PM

- BugFix: Sometimes after loading a very populated farm with few empty spaces available, the Avatar was not visible at all. Moving forward, if we can't find an empty space to show the Avatar, we will force the avatar to appear on the lower corner of the farm. This bug was also making more difficult for users to see each others avatars on those farms.

Known Issues:

- None.

Taz D
Oct 03 2018, 10:09 PM
I apologize to all who had posted here as I made a mistake and accidently deleted this thread. Raul restored it, but not you posts.
Thanks Raul.

SeaJay
Oct 03 2018, 10:21 PM
Wow on the purple designer. I know lots of people will be happy with that!

atvchick95
Oct 03 2018, 10:26 PM
LOVED the Halloween decorations :) Specially the animated ones - I may or may not of gone a bit over board decorating my "home" farm :)

Just when I think I am finally all caught up and owned every single facility that took coins, y'all bring out more, just my luck LOL... now to go move stuff around some more and make more room - some of these facilities are way too big by the way, taking up way too much valuable land space - just my 2 cents -

I've not been plagued by any of those bugs - so didn't notice anything there fixed since I didn't have any of the issues

now back off to perhaps decorate some more .

Clohar
Oct 03 2018, 10:28 PM
'Show Work Info' screen whre I can find it. Unfortunately I don't recall

Taz D
Oct 03 2018, 10:29 PM
'Show Work Info' screen whre I can find it. Unfortunately I don't recall
Hi Clohar,
Expand the farm selector and click on the Show Names at the top of that.

buffaloboy
Oct 03 2018, 10:37 PM
hi there
great thanks to all for the update so early this month :)
i had just 2 wishes more requests for ingredients and a bigger storrage

best regards
tino
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?farm_id=100000188751345&farm_ix=36

kahra01
Oct 03 2018, 10:44 PM
Thanks to all the Devs that make this the great game that it is and to all the admin/moderators that run this great forum. However, I am questioning the viability for people to keep up with the game when we are having 2 coin facilities and 4 FC facilities. Even as a long term player, I cant keep up with this :( I do live in hope that we will get a refresh button in the Farm Stats function. We work hard to get that function and if we are planting a lot of crops, we have to constantly have to hit the Play button to refresh to avoid the delay in it refreshing itself.. I'm too impatient waiting for that lol. Other than that.. brilliant work gang :)

Zaftiggy
Oct 03 2018, 10:44 PM
To Atvchick95,

If you get the green freestyle farm designer hand, you can layer your facilities and free up a TON of space, literally almost all of it. It's worth the investment!

Theresa

Taz D
Oct 03 2018, 10:54 PM
To all, if you wish to make suggestions please post them in the Suggestiopns section where we organize them for the developers to see. You can't start an new thread there but you can reply to an existing one that fits your suggestion.

Lara
Oct 03 2018, 10:55 PM
thanks for the upgrade and I definitely needed more pork even with all the semi trailers I own

Clohar
Oct 04 2018, 12:59 AM
Hi Clohar,
Expand the farm selector and click on the Show Names at the top of that.

Many thanks Taz for your info.

sumrbear
Oct 04 2018, 02:49 AM
Thank you for the newiest updates, much appreciated

Aussie Rae
Oct 04 2018, 03:17 AM
love love love that new feature "Show Product Names" then "show quantities" and when you hover the mouse cursor over a farm, instantly see how much of each crop, tree flower, fish is there!! THANK YOU DEVS, :) :) :)

maggiel29
Oct 04 2018, 03:33 AM
Thanks Raul for the Chrome browser extension and the Purple Hand :)

mareface
Oct 04 2018, 05:52 AM
TY love all - especially the product names per farm - still missing higher crude oil production options, but everything else ROCKS!!!

lkendter
Oct 04 2018, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the Chrome browser extension. I am starting to get tired of Chrome's anti-flash attitude.

I do hope you switch to HTML5 someday, as flash is going away in the future.

bjyhey3
Oct 04 2018, 06:36 AM
Thank You...nice surprise

Sqrl
Oct 04 2018, 07:41 AM
I kept meaning to suggest that chat didn't need to open temporarily every time you loaded a farm. Beat me to it!

mindyj5
Oct 04 2018, 08:47 AM
I have been wishing for a way to find what is planted at a sn farm for so long, thank you sooooo much! At my farms I can use the status tool but not at sn farms. This is one of the best additions for me!

JNelson
Oct 04 2018, 09:01 AM
8. Other Bug Fixes:

a) BugFix: 'Show Work Info' sometimes showing Crops, Trees, Flowers or Fish ready to harvest when they were still growing

as of 9am EST this morning - my lookout tower is still showing crops ready when they are still growing

Cathy K
Oct 04 2018, 10:49 AM
Why is it that there are always more farm cash facilities than farm coin? I have been playing this game from almost the time it was started, and along with the wonderful changes brought about, these is more and more farm cash items and tools, etc. I can not afford the farm cash facilities but do get them eventually. As for the tools, I am just so high and that is where I will stay because I just can not afford to get them. I pity the new players trying to start this game! The prices for farms is outrageous and the farm cash facilities also outrageous. There is no way a new player can get ahead in this game so I do not blame them for quitting. If you want new players to continue to play this game, something has to give. It is not all about you guys making money. I understand it takes money to run this game, however if you continue the way you are going, you soon will have no players at all!

poof3013
Oct 04 2018, 11:46 AM
I feel the same. With 2 coins facilities and 4 FC facilities, I can't keep up, as I live on a limited income. I hadn't even "caught up" with all the FC facilities before these new ones were released. I've been playing almost since the game was introduced. :/
Penny

FarmerWitch
Oct 04 2018, 12:41 PM
Thank you for the new realease ... loving the animated Halloween items!

"Also, when changing farms, the chat is not opened and closed every time if you are alone on the farm" ... Recently the chat seems to be open on my farms - even though it is only me on the farm

Momma Woods
Oct 04 2018, 01:08 PM
wonderful post, but was sooo wishing for increasing production om Fish Farms with Oysters, Pearl Oyster, Mussels and most of all Crawfish. The mineral mines and open-pit mines produce too much of some products and no-where near enough on other products.

nanhoo
Oct 04 2018, 01:49 PM
Thank you for the new things, always welcome. But I will say that I agree with Cathy K and poof3013. The amount of FC items has exceeded what I can do anymore. I've been playing nearly since the inception of this game. My hubby has been exceedingly patient in what I spend but those days are over now. Please reconsider some of the FC items for those of us who love to play and don't wish to quit.

Momma Woods
Oct 04 2018, 02:34 PM
I have flowers showing ready on Farm 4 which is my quest and private farm. When I check them they still have 10 + hrs at 3:33 PM EST Did Memcache and that did do any good. Any help for this?

Taz D
Oct 04 2018, 02:50 PM
I have flowers showing ready on Farm 4 which is my quest and private farm. When I check them they still have 10 + hrs at 3:33 PM EST Did Memcache and that did do any good. Any help for this?
Hi Momma Woods,
Just to be clear on this were you looking at the 'Show Work Info' or using the Farm Stats to look for the flowers?

Momma Woods
Oct 04 2018, 03:02 PM
well it has cleared up now while I am chatting with you. It has returned again and is a nuisance. I am the only person that can work on that farm since it is private.

Wendiddy
Oct 04 2018, 07:19 PM
How do I let a Super Neighbour know what I want planted?

Taz D
Oct 04 2018, 07:37 PM
How do I let a Super Neighbour know what I want planted?
Hi Wendiddy,
In your toolbox under the facility manager in the far left column is the Super Neighbor manager. Click on that and you can set each farm to a crop you want planted.

Wendiddy
Oct 04 2018, 07:38 PM
Thank you Taz.

SeaJay
Oct 05 2018, 12:04 AM
The animated ufo is so awesome and it just put a finishing touch on a new farm design that has nothing to do with Halloween.

mlrobards
Oct 05 2018, 09:06 AM
Wondering if new glove will be able to buy Multi items, like water? Or would have to open store each time?

Getting kinda tired of farm auto-refreshing. when we are offline, then bringing us back online.

RachaelConnor
Oct 05 2018, 03:23 PM
May I ask why is there so many things needing FC now and the increase of FC is not available other then leveling up? I myself am so behind on facilities and services as I don't have the FC available to me. :(

Taz D
Oct 05 2018, 03:27 PM
May I ask why is there so many things needing FC now and the increase of FC is not available other then leveling up? I myself am so behind on facilities and services as I don't have the FC available to me. :(
Hi RachaelConnor,
There are more ways to get FC other than leveling up. You can do the Co-operative Quests, the regular Quests, and the Neighborhood Chains Contest as they all offer FC for prizes if you meet the criteria for them.

Taz D
Oct 05 2018, 08:18 PM
well it has cleared up now while I am chatting with you. It has returned again and is a nuisance. I am the only person that can work on that farm since it is private.
Hi Momma Woods,
You haven't answered my question of which you are using to look this up. Are you using the Farm Stats or the Show Work Info?

ed's farm123
Oct 05 2018, 10:32 PM
LOVED the Halloween decorations :) Specially the animated ones - I may or may not of gone a bit over board decorating my "home" farm :)

Just when I think I am finally all caught up and owned every single facility that took coins, y'all bring out more, just my luck LOL... now to go move stuff around some more and make more room - some of these facilities are way too big by the way, taking up way too much valuable land space - just my 2 cents -

I've not been plagued by any of those bugs - so didn't notice anything there fixed since I didn't have any of the issues

now back off to perhaps decorate some more .

If you have a green hand, you can just put one facility on top of another.

bjyhey3
Oct 06 2018, 07:03 AM
I have 2 Co-operative Quests that require a House Construction supplies facility that hasn't been released yet...one to produce crown molding and one to produce glass wool. Can you do something about that?

bjyhey3
Oct 06 2018, 07:07 AM
I have 2 Co-operative Quests that require a House Construction supplies facility that hasn't been released yet...one to produce crown molding and one to produce glass wool. Can you do something about that?

Just looked to make sure and it is available...Thank You

marymarcel
Oct 06 2018, 08:44 AM
Hi gals and guys :)

Due to a little problem with this thread, the information for the new House Construction Supplies was not updated properly when it was released.

Post Release Updates - October 4th, 4:00PM

- Released the House Construction Supplies Facility.

earlgray
Oct 07 2018, 10:18 AM
"'Show Product Names' button in 'Show Work Info' screen" - absolutely LOVE this new feature! Thank you!

RozeeS
Oct 07 2018, 12:17 PM
I welcome that we are going to get a Purple Hand but disappointed in order to have the ability it gives I will have to spend further Farm Cash. I have always thought that this should have been the job of the Green Hand as it already stacks items on a farm. All we are getting with the Purple Hand is the ability to place items directly from the store or our storage on top of anything in the farm. I have already paid 90 Farm Cash to buy both of the design hands, (to have the ability to stack items on my farm, orange then green) and I feel this option could have been added to the green hand without us having to spend further Farm Cash.

Buddy
Oct 09 2018, 09:25 AM
I am very happy we are getting the purple hand...in fact, can't wait for it to show up...hope it's soon!!!

Dulcinea
Oct 09 2018, 08:53 PM
I welcome that we are going to get a Purple Hand but disappointed in order to have the ability it gives I will have to spend further Farm Cash. I have always thought that this should have been the job of the Green Hand as it already stacks items on a farm. All we are getting with the Purple Hand is the ability to place items directly from the store or our storage on top of anything in the farm. I have already paid 90 Farm Cash to buy both of the design hands, (to have the ability to stack items on my farm, orange then green) and I feel this option could have been added to the green hand without us having to spend further Farm Cash.

I suppose it depends on how it works. I like that I can just grab the green hand and move things around. If the purple hand adds an extra step every time you use it, like the green manure spreader does, I'll probably just stick with the green hand anyway.

jkmyer
Oct 10 2018, 04:50 AM
is anyone else having probles qith the show work? Mine has shown the same thing for close to an hour and I ran into the same thing last night not being able to see what farms need planting. Thanks in advance.

Tiger
Oct 10 2018, 06:22 AM
is anyone else having probles qith the show work? Mine has shown the same thing for close to an hour and I ran into the same thing last night not being able to see what farms need planting. Thanks in advance.

Hi jkmeyer,

Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here (https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/?do=clear_memcached). A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Please also clear your browser caches, close browser, then reload. After doing this the first time your farms are loaded, they will load slightly slower as all the graphics need to be loaded from a fresh start.

See if that corrects it for you.

AKDave
Oct 10 2018, 09:40 PM
Okay FT, it's been a week, put the purple hand out...

Cowboy22
Oct 12 2018, 09:51 AM
When will the purple designer be available to purchase?

Taz D
Oct 12 2018, 10:25 AM
When will the purple designer be available to purchase?
Hi Cowboy,
Only the developers know and they do not tell us until they release it. Just have to wait until they do.

dadofkje
Oct 13 2018, 07:24 AM
Hi Cowboy,
Only the developers know and they do not tell us until they release it. Just have to wait until they do.
But we want it now! Now, now, Now NOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonytone
Oct 14 2018, 09:09 AM
Thank you for all the wonderful news!

DanielP
Oct 14 2018, 05:41 PM
I can't wait for the Purple Freestyle Farm Designer! I keep checking to see it its been released. Thank you.

JaggerMister
Oct 15 2018, 02:50 PM
Taking them a while to get the Taiwan Restaurant going. So I researched their food a little bit. Bubble Tea sounds crazy but fun! You will need to make tapioca a lot. Also they use pork and tofu a lot.

MVinhage
Oct 16 2018, 06:19 AM
Wonder when that Purple Hand will be released. Was advised to be released last week, but haven't been able to find it.

DanielP
Oct 16 2018, 10:08 PM
Wonder when that Purple Hand will be released. Was advised to be released last week, but haven't been able to find it.

I do NOT mean this as anything but CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but better to NOT announce it then announce it and then not deliver. I have to admit this one, the expectation then the lack of results is, well. crushing. The anticipation is excessive. Don't get me wrong as an IT guy I get it. Get it right not fast. But the announcement, then not releasing on time is... well... ARGH! *sorry*

Dan

glrivera
Oct 17 2018, 05:23 AM
Hi Taz. Any idea when the Taiwanese Restaurant and the purple freestyle farm designer will be ready for us? I understand stuff happening behind the scenes where you couldn't release it on time but, any idea when?

Tiger
Oct 17 2018, 05:26 AM
Hi Taz. Any idea when the Taiwanese Restaurant and the purple freestyle farm designer will be ready for us? I understand stuff happening behind the scenes where you couldn't release it on time but, any idea when?

Hi glrivera,

Taz is not available at the moment.

I'm sorry but we don't know when they will release them, we find out the same time you do, when it's actually released.

Taz D
Oct 17 2018, 11:50 AM
Raul has just added the following:

Post Release Updates - October 17th, 12:30PM

- Released the Taiwanese Restaurant
- Released the Purple Freestyle Farm Designer. Please check point #5 in the released thread as we have added new information.

hilda jean ellis
Oct 17 2018, 12:34 PM
love the purple hand ...but one ? why can't we use it on s/n farms when we are hired to design? can't even use it to help someone when each one owns it

SeaJay
Oct 17 2018, 01:15 PM
Well, the purple hand works! I now officially hate the look of my oldest farm because it has to much water on it. I may have gone a little overboard. lol

Time to make a new water farm.

New crop. Yay! I love new crops, trees and flowers.

Thanks Raul

FarmerWitch
Oct 17 2018, 01:17 PM
Thank you for the Taiwanese Restaurant and the new crop! Going to try out the purple hand on a water farm

AlyceAnn
Oct 17 2018, 02:20 PM
Buy multiple items from the Store with the new hand, does this include animals?

Taz D
Oct 17 2018, 03:07 PM
Buy multiple items from the Store with the new hand, does this include animals?
Hi AlyceAnn,
Yes it does including the FC ones.

Taz D
Oct 17 2018, 03:52 PM
love the purple hand ...but one ? why can't we use it on s/n farms when we are hired to design? can't even use it to help someone when each one owns it
Hi Hilda Jean Ellis,
My guess why the SN can't use it is because that hand can buy FC items in multiple. Don't think you want them dipping into your FC.

hilda jean ellis
Oct 17 2018, 04:00 PM
my s/n's only want to buy lakes with it just like I do lol

Taz D
Oct 17 2018, 04:03 PM
my s/n's only want to buy lakes with it just like I do lol
Hi Hilda Jean Ellis,
I am sorry, but that is the way the developers set it up. If you wish to make a suggestion about this please post it in the Suggestions section.

SeaJay
Oct 17 2018, 07:12 PM
I have a smashing idea! I wonder if you could add rotate item to the purple hand. It would really boost efficiency.

Taz D
Oct 17 2018, 07:17 PM
I have a smashing idea! I wonder if you could add rotate item to the purple hand. It would really boost efficiency.
Hi Seajay,
Please post any suggestions in the Suggestions section.

Aussie Rae
Oct 17 2018, 09:31 PM
the Purple Hand is just BRILLIANT!!! :) thanks devs.

mhope23
Oct 17 2018, 11:58 PM
Love the purple hand, But never satisfied, already have suggestions on what else it needs to do. ;-) BTW I can't remember how to put it in the personal toolbar to replace the green hand. HELP!!!!! Thanks.

Taz D
Oct 17 2018, 11:59 PM
Love the purple hand, But never satisfied, already have suggestions on what else it needs to do. ;-) BTW I can't remember how to put it in the personal toolbar to replace the green hand. HELP!!!!! Thanks.
Hi mhope,
I answered your private message with how to do a shortcut. Any suggestions you have please post them in the Suggestion section.

mhope23
Oct 18 2018, 12:10 AM
Ah, I asked here so the rest of the nitwits like me could see that the shortcut key was next to the save icon. Thanks again.

mocha96
Oct 18 2018, 12:16 AM
I absolutely love the new purple hand. Works great with lakes/sea coasts. Thank you to the developers.

JNelson
Oct 18 2018, 07:47 AM
LOVE the purple hand, however it is now showing up when i SN out, is that coming soon?

marymarcel
Oct 18 2018, 08:06 AM
LOVE the purple hand, however it is now showing up when i SN out, is that coming soon?

Hi JNelson :)

Sorry but I dont understand. Are you getting the purple hand when you work as SN with design privilages or not? We have tried and only the green hand is given to us and the purple one is greyed in the tool box.

You shouldnt get the purple hand on those farms because of the farmcash access.

If you want to make a suggestion about this, please post it in our Suggestion section where we have suggestions grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You cant open a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to that section:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

JNelson
Oct 18 2018, 08:09 AM
Hi JNelson :)

Sorry but I dont understand. Are you getting the purple hand when you work as SN with design privilages or not? We have tried and only the green hand is given to us and the purple one is greyed in the tool box.

You shouldnt get the purple hand on those farms because of the farmcash access.

If you want to make a suggestion about this, please post it in our Suggestion section where we have suggestions grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You cant open a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to that section:

not sure what you mean about farm cash access? we can use green hand in SN mode we can only access coin items , so why would we not be about to place coin waters with it in SN mode .....

marymarcel
Oct 18 2018, 08:27 AM
not sure what you mean about farm cash access? we can use green hand in SN mode, so why would we not be about to place coin waters with it in SN mode .....

The purple hand allows you to buy multiple FC items. SN's do not have access to your FC. We think this is why the tool can not be used when designing to prevent the farm owners FC being spent.

If you want to use it as SN only for coins items, then there should be an option to not allow you to purchase farmcash items. That is why I asked you to post in suggestions if you wish. :)

rittenhoused354
Oct 18 2018, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone. It says to be in help, but I do not see any new posts. So please advise me where I should go for my question. It's about my pop-up menu over my avatar.? But that's not all of my questions. I'm not used to posting on here.

Tiger
Oct 18 2018, 10:15 AM
Hi everyone. It says to be in help, but I do not see any new posts. So please advise me where I should go for my question. It's about my pop-up menu over my avatar.? But that's not all of my questions. I'm not used to posting on here.

Hi rittenhoused354,

When you need help with something that isn't related to the New Release, you post in the Help and Support section. Here's the link to that section, click it and it will take you there >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1

The threads are grouped by subject matter, so you look for one with a title that relates to your question and then post a reply in that thread.

Taz D
Oct 18 2018, 10:19 AM
Hi rittenhoused,
Please read the following information in the Forum Guide to help you understand how and where to post your questions:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635854

JNelson
Oct 18 2018, 12:11 PM
The purple hand allows you to buy multiple FC items. SN's do not have access to your FC. We think this is why the tool can not be used when designing to prevent the farm owners FC being spent.

If you want to use it as SN only for coins items, then there should be an option to not allow you to purchase farmcash items. That is why I asked you to post in suggestions if you wish. :)

I did, noticed several others also for same issue ;)

lburn11
Oct 18 2018, 05:28 PM
Why was the Taste of Mexico made a FC item? The Mexican Restaurant was a coins facility and now I can't buy the Taste of Mexico as I don't have FC. I rely on coins facilities for my farms. I have bought some FC items in the past but I am no longer financially able to do that. I think that if one facility costs coins, the matching facility should be the same. It's the same with the stables. All of the other animal facilities have coins for a regular animal facility but the stables are both FC. It's hard to accumulate enough horse hair when you have to buy stables for every farm with FC.

marymarcel
Oct 18 2018, 05:34 PM
Why was the Taste of Mexico made a FC item? The Mexican Restaurant was a coins facility and now I can't buy the Taste of Mexico as I don't have FC. I rely on coins facilities for my farms. I have bought some FC items in the past but I am no longer financially able to do that. I think that if one facility costs coins, the matching facility should be the same. It's the same with the stables. All of the other animal facilities have coins for a regular animal facility but the stables are both FC. It's hard to accumulate enough horse hair when you have to buy stables for every farm with FC.

Hi lvurn11 :)

The Mexican Restaurant is a farmcash facility. You can check it opening your store for Facilities or check New release February 3rd, 2017

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627410

If you want to make a suggestion for the stables, please post it in our suggestion section where we have all suggestions grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You cant start a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestions

lburn11
Oct 18 2018, 06:04 PM
Sorry, my mistake. I'll look again because I'm sure I had a restaurant that was coins and the matching facility was FC

SeaJay
Oct 18 2018, 10:53 PM
I just had to sell an item and re-buy it in the opposite direction because I could buy and lay anywhere with the purple hand but did not have enough available space to rotate it. I had to buy the item on another farm, save it to storage and then go back to the farm I am decorating.

Hmmmm

TGrrrr
Oct 19 2018, 12:59 AM
The new Purple Hand Farm Design Tool.......possible to use on Super Neighbor farms? I am currently layering water for a neighbor, this hand tool would help me immensely on her farm !

phsl
Oct 19 2018, 02:35 AM
Hi RachaelConnor,
There are more ways to get FC other than leveling up. You can do the Co-operative Quests, the regular Quests, and the Neighborhood Chains Contest as they all offer FC for prizes if you meet the criteria for them.

I do all of those and they don't add up anywhere enough for even one FC facility every month. Do the math. I haven't upgraded any tools in a very long time. Thank you

DanielP
Oct 19 2018, 02:57 AM
The purple hand is ok, but a bit of a disappointment. Though things can be placed on fields, it doesn't allow placing items on layered fields.. The description on it is vague on that point. I know layers are not officially supported but it would have been nice, However, as it is it does allow for adding facilities where there is not enough room. And that makes it OK but pricey at 50 FC,

AlyceAnn
Oct 19 2018, 07:54 AM
So to buy multiple animals with the purple hand you still have to place them one at a time on the farm? That saves a fraction of the time. If this is all it is concerning animals and you can't choose how many and put them right in the shed then it is so not worth the money. Am I wrong or missing something? It will buy multiple but you need to place 250 animals one at a time? For every different animal in the shed?

RomanticSoul
Oct 19 2018, 11:19 AM
Wondering when all facilities will be made workable. like the bank. Oil pumps. semi trucks/ open pit mines Mineral mines. Stuff that never gets worked when people work your facilities.

Taz D
Oct 19 2018, 11:24 AM
Wondering when all facilities will be made workable. like the bank. Oil pumps. semi trucks/ open pit mines Mineral mines. Stuff that never gets worked when people work your facilities.
Hi RomanticSoul,
If you want to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestion section where we organize them by subject for the developers to see. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

Taz D
Oct 19 2018, 11:29 AM
The new Purple Hand Farm Design Tool.......possible to use on Super Neighbor farms? I am currently layering water for a neighbor, this hand tool would help me immensely on her farm !
Hi TGrrrr,
No the purple hand can not be used on super neighbors farms because it can be used to buy farm cash items.
If you wish to make a suggestion for this please post it in the Suggestions section.

Taz D
Oct 19 2018, 02:40 PM
The purple hand is ok, but a bit of a disappointment. Though things can be placed on fields, it doesn't allow placing items on layered fields.. The description on it is vague on that point. I know layers are not officially supported but it would have been nice, However, as it is it does allow for adding facilities where there is not enough room. And that makes it OK but pricey at 50 FC,
Hi DanielP,
The reason it won't set anything on layered fields is because the 9x layering is using all the squares in that area so there is no place to set the item down. Only 1 item can be in 1 square of the ground. If you have the Grid Ground cover you can see that all the squares are used.

All facilities only have 1 square as the anchor point, so they do not take all the space the graphic shows on.

Alexandra_J
Oct 20 2018, 11:49 AM
then the purple hand will be a complete waste of money if you cant put anything on your farm from storage if you have your farms x3 or x9 and most of us have x3 or x9 farms dont we.

So the purple hand is like the green hand???????????

Taz D
Oct 20 2018, 12:06 PM
then the purple hand will be a complete waste of money if you cant put anything on your farm from storage if you have your farms x3 or x9 and most of us have x3 or x9 farms dont we.

So the purple hand is like the green hand???????????
Hi Alexandra,
I did not say anything about the 3x. With 3x that means there should be spaces for you to set down things from storage, though you will have to move it around to find the open space.

And no the purple hand is not like the green hand. The green hand can not purchase anything from the store or remove anything from storage.

Alexandra_J
Oct 20 2018, 03:42 PM
But it does say we can take things out of storage to put on our farms. It shouldn't matter if we have our farms plowes normally, x3 or x9. If we can't take our things out of storage when we have a x9 farm then the freestyle hand isn't worth the $50

katzyin
Oct 20 2018, 04:23 PM
Misunderstood about the purple hand and feel I have wasted 50 farm cash!

Taz D
Oct 20 2018, 05:05 PM
But it does say we can take things out of storage to put on our farms. It shouldn't matter if we have our farms plowes normally, x3 or x9. If we can't take our things out of storage when we have a x9 farm then the freestyle hand isn't worth the $50

Misunderstood about the purple hand and feel I have wasted 50 farm cash!
Hi Alexandra_J and Katzyin,
I am sorry, but this tool does only does the same layering as the green hand. The only difference is it allows you to use things from the store or your storage that the green hand could not do. No tool will do any layering of plants and crops.

Alexandra_J
Oct 20 2018, 05:59 PM
So the purple hand only takes out facilities then from storage?

lrds
Oct 20 2018, 06:05 PM
Please, please, I need more neighbours, I only have really 2. all the others left the game.

PLEASE, HELP ME!

Thank you.

Taz D
Oct 20 2018, 06:07 PM
So the purple hand only takes out facilities then from storage?
Hi Alexandra_J,
That is not what I said. It will take any item you have in storage out and allow any item except plants (fields/crops/trees/flowers) to almost fully overlap other items. However, there has to be a free square to set those items down, so with 9x plowed fields there is very limited squares open to be able to set things down.

Taz D
Oct 20 2018, 06:09 PM
Please, please, I need more neighbours, I only have really 2. all the others left the game.

PLEASE, HELP ME!

Thank you.
lrds,
This is not the place to ask for more neighbors. Please read the first post in the following link and post in that thread in the Social section:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

WingmanFarm
Oct 21 2018, 08:22 PM
Well I would like to say thank you for the purple hand. I have arthritis and all the clicks the green hand took to stacking my lakes was making them sore. I have completed 4 farms with lakes and gained over 25 million in exp ( 1,000 per lake) and my hands have not suffered.:D

So thank you for this wonderful tool.:p:D

Noel Anne
Oct 22 2018, 04:07 PM
Where do I find the Chrome Browser Extension to enable that pesky Flash? Is it in the Forum somewhere or do I need to go to Chrome?
Thanks for your help....and I love, love, love the product name addition!! tyvvm

Tiger
Oct 22 2018, 04:57 PM
Where do I find the Chrome Browser Extension to enable that pesky Flash? Is it in the Forum somewhere or do I need to go to Chrome?
Thanks for your help....and I love, love, love the product name addition!! tyvvm

Hi Noel Anne,

You will find instructions on how to add the Farmtown Flash Enabler to Chrome in the following link >>

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6259558#post6259558

Noel Anne
Oct 22 2018, 05:42 PM
Thank you so very much!!! Onward I go! lol

Tiger
Oct 22 2018, 05:43 PM
Thank you so very much!!! Onward I go! lol

you are welcome Noel Anne :)

Taz D
Oct 24 2018, 04:45 PM
Update from Raul:

Post Release Updates - October 24th, 5:30PM

- Added a new 'Rotate Items' to the purple hand so you can rotate a big number of items more quickly
- When using any Freestyle Farm Designer, including the yellow hand, when you mouse over an item the name of the item will show up on top
- If you disconnect from the mainframe to go offline, when you go back online, you will see an updated list of all avatars that are currently connected, this should work everywhere, farms, marketplace, etc
- Removed the black Loading... when scrolling through the neighbour list

SeaJay
Oct 24 2018, 06:32 PM
Very cool. ty

Taz D
Oct 25 2018, 11:41 PM
Raul just added the following:

Post Release Updates - October 25th, 6:30PM

- BugFix: Sometimes after loading a very populated farm with few empty spaces available, the Avatar was not visible at all. Moving forward, if we can't find an empty space to show the Avatar, we will force the avatar to appear on the lower corner of the farm. This bug was also making more difficult for users to see each others avatars on those farms.

Elain
Oct 28 2018, 09:10 AM
Why is my purple Hand tool not showing up when Im designing on a super neighbor farm? Can anyone tell me?

marymarcel
Oct 28 2018, 09:20 AM
Why is my purple Hand tool not showing up when Im designing on a super neighbor farm? Can anyone tell me?

Hi Elain :)

The purple hand can't be used on super neighbors farms because it can be used to buy farm cash items.

If you wish to make a suggestion for this please post it in the Suggestions section where we have them grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You can't start a new thread there but you can reply to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestions Section:

KnightRider
Oct 29 2018, 09:33 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback on the October new release and the new version of the game. I am now closing this thread. I know we all can't wait for the November release.

If you require help with or have a question about the game please post in Help and Support. (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
For feedback about the game please post in General Feedback. (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
Ideas for the game please post in Suggestions. (http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)