Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Tools and Fuel (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=657498)

Early Girl Oct 28 2023 12:24 PM

HI. What exactly is the PURPOSE of the flower freeze/unfreeze tool? (Not what the Game Guide says - the actual purpose of it). Does it simply just prevent harvesting of the flowers, because it doesn't seem to effect watering. If I put all my irrigators on a farm, instead of in storage, would that prevent someone from watering all my flowers? If not, is there a way to prevent someone from watering all flowers other than making 44 farms private?

marymarcel Oct 28 2023 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Early Girl (Post 6566346)
HI. What exactly is the PURPOSE of the flower freeze/unfreeze tool? (Not what the Game Guide says - the actual purpose of it). Does it simply just prevent harvesting of the flowers, because it doesn't seem to effect watering. If I put all my irrigators on a farm, instead of in storage, would that prevent someone from watering all my flowers? If not, is there a way to prevent someone from watering all flowers other than making 44 farms private?

Hi Early Girl :)

The Freeze/Unfreeze tool for flowers was mostly released to help designers with their flower's designs.

But you can use it to avoid a superneighbor or a hired farmer to harvest those flowers.

I would not put my mobile sprinklers on a farm as it would affect my own irrigation.

Im not sure why you are asking about that, but maybe due someone watered your flowers and you needed to do that for a Farm pass goal?
If so, then maybe you could set one or two farms as Quest so if they want to water flowers there, they should use watering can.

That way you would have a few farms to water flowers yourself.

Early Girl Oct 28 2023 01:52 PM

Thanks Mary. Yes, I assumed it was intended for designers - which I am not. But I was also asking regarding the flower watering, and if that tool "froze" the watered or un-watered state they might be in. And yes, it is frustrating to try and do a Farm Pass task of watering flowers, but you can't because someone came by and did them ALL. That's why I asked about the irrigators. Now my question would be how did the designation of a QUEST farm change involving watering? I'm Old School and it use to just mean my animal sheds wouldn't be harvested. Is that more effective than making it Private, because I assume any flowers on those farms could not be watered.

marymarcel Oct 28 2023 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Early Girl (Post 6566354)
Thanks Mary. Yes, I assumed it was intended for designers - which I am not. But I was also asking regarding the flower watering, and if that tool "froze" the watered or un-watered state they might be in. And yes, it is frustrating to try and do a Farm Pass task of watering flowers, but you can't because someone came by and did them ALL. That's why I asked about the irrigators. Now my question would be how did the designation of a QUEST farm change involving watering? I'm Old School and it use to just mean my animal sheds wouldn't be harvested. Is that more effective than making it Private, because I assume any flowers on those farms could not be watered.

From our Game Guide for Mobile Sprinklers:

Note: Only you will be able to use the mobile sprinklers to irrigate or water your Quest or Private farms. SN's, neighbours or anyone visiting can not do those farms. However the flowers on a Quest farm can be watered using the watering can.

We usually dont have a great amount of flowers to water for a goal specially if it is daily, so it would be a solution for you to set 1 or 2 flower farms as Quest.

Enigmacross Nov 02 2023 05:08 PM

Tool bar in farmtown main game

I want to change some tools in the toolbar in the main game, but I can't find the instructions in the tools section. Where should I look for this?

marymarcel Nov 02 2023 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigmacross (Post 6566662)
I want to change some tools in the toolbar in the main game, but I can't find the instructions in the tools section. Where should I look for this?

Hi Enigmacross :)

You have the instructions in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showt...90#post6303490

Enigmacross Nov 02 2023 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6566670)
Hi Enigmacross :)

You have the instructions in the following link:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showt...90#post6303490

Thank you so much! All sorted now.

marymarcel Nov 02 2023 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigmacross (Post 6566674)
Thank you so much! All sorted now.

You are welcome Enigmacross :)

JNelson Nov 04 2023 07:16 AM

was not sure which category to ask this so please move to correct spot
where in chapter files is the 'how to make a farm link' not for messaging but so can put on FB in a group or messenger ... i thought be basics which is what search said but i couldn't find

Tiger Nov 04 2023 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNelson (Post 6566754)
was not sure which category to ask this so please move to correct spot
where in chapter files is the 'how to make a farm link' not for messaging but so can put on FB in a group or messenger ... i thought be basics which is what search said but i couldn't find

Hi JNelson,

I have moved your post to the thread about tools as the easiest method for someone to get their farm link is to use the Farm Selector Manager in their toolbox and use keyboard shortcuts to copy the link to whichever farm they want the link for. It's mentioned in the description about the toolbox in Chapter 2.

However we have always kept various methods on how to get your farm link in the Forum Guide in the Farm Link and Start Date thread.

For the specific post about how to get your farm link using the Farm Selector Manager click on this link:
Use the Farm Selector Manager to get your farm link.

If you don't have a keyboard to use to be able to use that method copy the farm link you can manually create one. Click on this to go to those instructions: Create your farm link.