Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- April 18th, 2018 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635666)

Dan H Apr 21 2018 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trixye Sue (Post 6236770)
Has anyone had any issue hiring and/or being hired in the Marketplace? Since the new update, I (and a few others) have tried repeatedly to hire people but the request does not go through. I have had to resort to hiring from the Inn. Secondly, after I accepted a request from someone hiring me, several more request come to me even after I began working the farm. On top of this, the marketplace shows up on the farm I am working on which give the impression that it is a multi hire when it is not. Now for the biggest issue. If by chance there is a convention working the farm, I will lose gas if I fish or HP or anything someone else has already done but it has not disappeared giving the impression that it is still available to be worked. (I hope that makes sense.) I have asked several other farmers about this and it is not only me. Any comments???

Thanks!

I have been having the same issue with trying to hire a Neighbor; When hiring a Neighbor, The Hire Request sometimes never arrives at the Neighbors farm. This started after the latest update and is failing on both Chrome and IE browsers. Both farmers have to shut down and restart their farms to receive the Hire Request. It is intermittent, but a pain never the less. I just updated Chrome to it's latest version and cleared cache, but no help there, as I suspected. I am running Windows 7.

dave1949 Apr 22 2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan H (Post 6236858)
I have been having the same issue with trying to hire a Neighbor; When hiring a Neighbor, The Hire Request sometimes never arrives at the Neighbors farm. This started after the latest update and is failing on both Chrome and IE browsers. Both farmers have to shut down and restart their farms to receive the Hire Request. It is intermittent, but a pain never the less. I just updated Chrome to it's latest version and cleared cache, but no help there, as I suspected. I am running Windows 7.

Same problem here, it's a pain to keep reloading the game before you can hire.

Santmyer Apr 22 2018 10:39 AM

A comment and question about the current release

A comment about the current release. My favorite feature is the pinked out background to show the neighbors whose facilities I have already work especially since a few like to post every few hours or so.

My question is does anyone else have an issue with this feature not working for certain neighbors? I have a neighbor whose hire facility goods never turns pink even when I work it multiple times. Same neighbor's referrals do show as shaded after working those once. Could this be a matter of them refilling certain farms after I have worked them? Just curious if there is something I can do to change this and if this is problematic for any of you posting.

Tiger Apr 22 2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 6236910)
A comment about the current release. My favorite feature is the pinked out background to show the neighbors whose facilities I have already work especially since a few like to post every few hours or so.

My question is does anyone else have an issue with this feature not working for certain neighbors? I have a neighbor whose hire facility goods never turns pink even when I work it multiple times. Same neighbor's referrals do show as shaded after working those once. Could this be a matter of them refilling certain farms after I have worked them? Just curious if there is something I can do to change this and if this is problematic for any of you posting.

Hi Santmyer,

Are you saying you can work this persons production facilites, then go straight back and work them again and get more goods? That shouldn't be happening, you should be getting an oops for the facilites that you had already worked. You would be able to work any facilites that hadn't been filled the first time you tried.

Santmyer Apr 22 2018 02:10 PM

Responding

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6236954)
Hi Santmyer,

Are you saying you can work this persons production facilites, then go straight back and work them again and get more goods? That shouldn't be happening, you should be getting an oops for the facilites that you had already worked. You would be able to work any facilites that hadn't been filled the first time you tried.

No Tiger what I am saying is that when I go through the farm request wall, this neighbor's post is never shaded and I have responded to the post thinking maybe I had missed it, but I do get the oops on all farms. It is just one specific neighbor and has happened multiple times.

Taz D Apr 22 2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 6236974)
No Tiger what I am saying is that when I go through the farm request wall, this neighbor's post is never shaded and I have responded to the post thinking maybe I had missed it, but I do get the oops on all farms. It is just one specific neighbor and has happened multiple times.

Hi santmyer,
They don't turn pink until you reload the wall. After you have worked theirs please try refreshing the page.

pigtails Apr 22 2018 03:41 PM

The option to go back to the last job that I didn't get to finish isn't working for me. It worked one day and now it doesn't pop up any more. Please try to fix this for me, I really need it. Thanks so much.

Tiger Apr 22 2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigtails (Post 6237002)
The option to go back to the last job that I didn't get to finish isn't working for me. It worked one day and now it doesn't pop up any more. Please try to fix this for me, I really need it. Thanks so much.

Hi pigtails,

Did you reload the game within 10 minutes? Were there any more farms to work on after the one you didn't finish? If there was another farm after the one you left then you should have got the pop up.

Santmyer Apr 22 2018 07:23 PM

Refreshing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6236982)
Hi santmyer,
They don't turn pink until you reload the wall. After you have worked theirs please try refreshing the page.

Hi Taz, I tried refreshing even before I came to the forum to post. It did not make a difference. Now just curious if anyone else is having the same issue.

Farmer_Susan Apr 22 2018 08:53 PM

I'm having hiring issues, too, so I think it must be something caused by this release - I haven't been having hiring issues until now.

What's happening for me is that I only sporadically get notified if someone has accepted my hire request. What's happened twice now today is that I assumed I didn't have anyone, so I tried to hire someone else - I ended up clicking on 3 people - didn't get confirmations that any had accepted my request so I assumed I didn't have anyone. Each time, I ended up with 2 people on my farm. I always try to hire solo - so not knowing I already have someone is a problem.