Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- September 26th, 2015 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617082)

NJones277 Nov 12 2015 09:07 AM

I, too, have had very few problems, and nothing serious, throughout this process. Can't wait to see the next release!!

Suggestion - we need someone to design a t-shirt that we can buy and wear - especially the long-timers.

Thanks again to Raul, the devs, moderators, and everyone else that's working on this game to keep our addition alive. :)

Dallace Nov 12 2015 09:24 AM

I am still having things disappearing when I take them out of storage. Not sure about the plots as I haven't planted in a couple days. When I open facebook none of my games show up on the left side. I had to go through a neighbors post to get to my farm. But I know that is a facebook problem.

Taz D Nov 12 2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallace (Post 6016242)
I am still having things disappearing when I take them out of storage. Not sure about the plots as I haven't planted in a couple days. When I open facebook none of my games show up on the left side. I had to go through a neighbors post to get to my farm. But I know that is a facebook problem.

Hi Dallace,
Yes that is still listed in the known issues about the disappearing things.

max_river Nov 12 2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6016190)
Hi max_river:)

Were you able to work their farms or only your tools in the shortcuts were showing up but you couldnt use them? Thank you:)

i was able to work farms

marymarcel Nov 12 2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_river (Post 6016338)
i was able to work farms

Could you please check something for me?

Please go to your neighbor's farm and then look if you have a red dot in the neighbor's bar.

max_river Nov 12 2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6016362)

Could you please check something for me?

Please go to your neighbor's farm and then look if you have a red dot in the neighbor's bar.

sure i can

Texas Belle Nov 12 2015 02:46 PM

I would like to report that everything is working fine with my farms, no problems... a very happy farmer here...
Thanks to Raul & team, and mods for your patience and graciousness in answering all our questions.. big Texas Kudos to all.. now about the new release... :)

max_river Nov 12 2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_river (Post 6016366)
sure i can

i thought it was one time thing but it happen again

marymarcel Nov 12 2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_river (Post 6016454)
i thought it was one time thing but it happen again

Max when you are on their farm, check the neighbor bar below the screen and see if you have a red dot please

Judy Cowan Nov 12 2015 04:06 PM

A great big shout out for raul and team... Farmtown is working great... Everyone should thank these gentlemen & ladies for fixing what adobe flash created... We have the best team of any game on the internet ., they just do not get the appreciation they so deserve!!!

max_river Nov 12 2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6016458)
Max when you are on their farm, check the neighbor bar below the screen and see if you have a red dot please

there was no red dot but it seems to work it self out i guys it was glich

MichHotRod Nov 12 2015 04:29 PM

Thanks Raul & team, everything is working great. Now if we only keep Adobe and Facebook from doing downgrades, opps I mean Updates

JudyD1651 Nov 12 2015 04:32 PM

Thanks Raul & Team for all you do but my Farm Town is not working great. Same problems as before.

marymarcel Nov 12 2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_river (Post 6016482)
there was no red dot but it seems to work it self out i guys it was glich

Ok Max, thank you for coming back and let us know, please report any other issue you could have.:)

marymarcel Nov 12 2015 04:43 PM

Hi all:)

From Raul's notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - November 12th, 5:10PM

- We just released a workaround for the 'Show FarmTown Wall Requests' problem, old posts are not available anymore, from now on, when your friends post something, you will see it.

With this new change by facebook we do not have access to the manually entered custom message anymore, so if your friend entered a message manually when posting you will only see that message on your facebook friends feed but not on the 'Show FarmTown Wall Requests' page.

Aussie Rae Nov 12 2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo terry (Post 6016178)
I reloaded farmtown
I refreshed page
I cleared memcache
I cleared browser

try to boost and facebook page sits there loading

windows 10 - bing is browser

I seem to always be on wf38 which also keeps getting Uoo errors

I think Bing is a search engine, not a browser, lol. also if you have windows 10, make sure you do a Disk Cleanup on your computer, you will find this in your start menu..clean up system as well as it will clear all the junk windows adds when it updates..

Taz D Nov 12 2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyD1651 (Post 6016490)
Thanks Raul & Team for all you do but my Farm Town is not working great. Same problems as before.

Hi Judy,
What problems are you having? Have you updated your Flash Player or if using Chrome updated it to get the current Flash?

Janet 1 Nov 12 2015 06:30 PM

Sorry to all the farmers who are still having problems but I'm flying along tonight so thank you to all the hard working devs who have been sorting things out. Hoping for the new release soon please.

cgsfarm Nov 12 2015 06:53 PM

with respect to the former show farm town wall requests, how do we get them, the button for refer clients, work farms, send requests, is gone. please give instructions on how to work neighbours farms, etc.

Taz D Nov 12 2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgsfarm (Post 6016598)
with respect to the former show farm town wall requests, how do we get them, the button for refer clients, work farms, send requests, is gone. please give instructions on how to work neighbours farms, etc.

Hi cgsfarms,
The buttons you are talking abvout were not in the Show Wall Requests. It has always been the "Click here to help" or "Get bonus" out to the right side.
If you are talking about those in the Newsfeed those were changed by Facebook and all you need to do is click in the box of the post, but not on Play.

turbo terry Nov 12 2015 07:41 PM

boosting train problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6016522)
I think Bing is a search engine, not a browser, lol. also if you have windows 10, make sure you do a Disk Cleanup on your computer, you will find this in your start menu..clean up system as well as it will clear all the junk windows adds when it updates..

using edge 12.10240
shockwave flash 19.0 R0
computer is new about 6 weeks ago - primarily has been used for facebook

Taz D Nov 12 2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo terry (Post 6016614)
using edge 12.10240
shockwave flash 19.0 R0

Hi Turbo Terry,
Please try another browser to see if you can boost your trains from that. If you can the problem is in Edge.

Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

You may also find you can't send gifts either as those are the same lists.

Aussie Rae Nov 12 2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo terry (Post 6016614)
using edge 12.10240
shockwave flash 19.0 R0

I rarely use Edge as its just an upgraded Internet Explorer browser for Windows 10, I have Chrome, Edge, SRWareIron, Firefox and IE and still find Google Chrome the fastest and best browser for farmtown.
One thing to know, if you have a Solid State Drive on your computer, Never do a Defrag as that can damage your computer and make it slower. Defrag is fine if its not a solid state drive.. but doing a regular disk cleanup will speed up your computer by eliminating rubbish that accumulates on it... not necessarily from anything you do, but from what the computer does..

margaret cavill Nov 13 2015 12:48 AM

Thank you so much Aussie Rae for the info. I have a ssd and weeks ago with the ft problems b4 they were posted I did a clean disc and a defrag on my ssd as ft was working so slow. After you posted I googled it and I so should have never done that with my ssd. Got to love that ft will teach you how best to take care of your computer and how to play ft. Have learned so many basic computer skills playing ft. over the last 6 years.

Kathy813 Nov 13 2015 02:37 AM

Bonus Sender Names Incomplete

A small thing but now when people respond to my bonus postings, their names are incomplete when I look in my gift box. This is only happening for sent bonuses. Regular gifts have the sender's names full and correct.

anotherfarmer Nov 13 2015 03:11 AM

I notice font has changed - when I point mouse to things - lets say farm 1 - I see for example ✿farmname but when I actually go to that farm I dont see the ✿ but again shows when I put mouse on farm ??

also friends names are a mess, I receive a gift/item etc and it says received by B......... the rest of name is missing ???

turbo terry Nov 13 2015 05:39 AM

thanks taz and aussie rae - funny how everything was working fine until facebook made their changes - slashkey made their changes - one feature that involves facebook no longer works and it must be a problem with what I am using.

Tiger Nov 13 2015 08:10 AM

Thank you very much everyone for your feedback on Septembers release and the new version of the game. I am now closing this thread.

If you require help with the game please post in Help and Support.
For feedback for the game post in General Feedback.
Ideas for the game post in Suggestions.
To see Novembers New Release go to New Release -- November 13th, 2015