Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- August 28th, 2015 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616262)

Seraphina Warrior Aug 29 2015 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsy! (Post 5992226)
Got a question about the release note about farms set as private or quest - the quest part. I have been unable to find a place to mark a farm quest - To keep super users from accidentally harvesting I have it marked private. What is the difference in the two and how do you mark the farm quest and private so it shows correctly when the labels are out in the farm manager.

Hi gypsy, in order to be able to make a farm a quest farm, you need at least one of the Animal Shed "harvest all" tools. If you do not have at least one, then you won't have that option on your farms. A "Quest farm" just prevents the animal sheds on that farm, being harvested, when using the "harvest all" tool.

A farm that is marked as "private" prevents any user from going to that farm, ensuring that your Super Neighbours do not also work that farm.

I hope this helps :)

clearpockets Aug 29 2015 04:39 AM

Thank you all, it's always great to have new things and better farm info. It has not, however done anything whatsoever to alleviate the massive shortage of oil/plastic granules/ polyester fibre etc. In fact the 2 new factories need even more plastic! MOD EDIT: Removed - Unnecessary
Thanks again for all the goodies.

flames24 Aug 29 2015 05:12 AM

oh ur right i forgot i had bought the 2 facs.. it was quite late for me and i was in a hurry so i could hit the sack...and the coffee had worn off by them :)

beverduster Aug 29 2015 05:13 AM

now i cant boost my trains, does anyone know why?

al_bundy Aug 29 2015 05:35 AM

Great update Thankyou

saving facilities seems to get stuck at 84% for production facilities

LizaLee Aug 29 2015 06:32 AM

thank you for the updates
looking forward to using my coins for the new facilities I can buy

mcdaddie Aug 29 2015 06:51 AM

I appreciate more and more superneighbor improvements but I cannot understand WHY if given the ability to "plow" plots on an unused portion of neighbors fields we were not also given the ability to use a dozer to remove a mislaid plot to get it corrected. Any comments?

Jean's Farm Aug 29 2015 06:59 AM

Thanks for the new update Raul!!!! You rock!!! :) :D

Aussie Rae Aug 29 2015 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdaddie (Post 5992306)
I appreciate more and more superneighbor improvements but I cannot understand WHY if given the ability to "plow" plots on an unused portion of neighbors fields we were not also given the ability to use a dozer to remove a mislaid plot to get it corrected. Any comments?

YES!!! I totally agree... its so easy to misplace a plowed plot of land, and then there is no way to delete it unless the farm owner happens to be there at the same time and does it for you... which to my mind kind of defeats the purpose of being able to work on someones farm if they are away for a period of time... hope the devs realize this and come up with a solution. :)

Seraphina Warrior Aug 29 2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 5992166)
just want to clarify something... who pays when I as a super neighbor, buy for instance a tree for my neighbor? Is the owner of the farm supposed to pay as I have noticed the coins actually come off my coin total..not the person whose farm I am adding the tree to... just wondering?

Hi Aussie Rae, When the Cooperative Design, was first announced, it was stated that when a Super Neighbour has the design permission on one of your farms, he/she will be allowed to move, delete coin items and even buy items with THEIR OWN coins to put on your farm (based on the farm owners level).

This means that a Super Neighbour will pay for any items that they choose to buy from the store, and place on the "Farm Owners" farm. This avoids the Farm Owners Coins, being severely depleted, by the Super Neighbour purchasing expensive items etc. If many many items, are required, then to avoid paying for those items, the super Neighbour, would need to ask the "Farm Owner" to purchase those items, in advance.

I hope this helps. :)

SeaJay Aug 29 2015 07:09 AM

Good call on the 8 day quests shown in red.

AnnetteB Aug 29 2015 07:11 AM

gifts

While I love all the new things it seems that either no one hasd reported the fact that when you receive an animal as a gift and you click to send all the animals are not moving out of your gift box. Will this get fixed? it has been at least 2 weeks now that you must move your animals manually to the places.

macwinter Aug 29 2015 07:14 AM

It was quite the nice surprise to see the added farm cash and the new levels yesterday. Great update, thank you and a big thank you to the devs for keeping this a fun game for so many years.

goofyshoes Aug 29 2015 07:18 AM

Hi.. So I haven't been as die hard player as I have in the past (I know shock right)..... So I did not receive all 25 new levels; no big deal but when I click on the EX points, it does not tell me how many more I need to get to the next level. :confused: I also don't seen an update in the "how many levels" section..

crafty chris Aug 29 2015 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyshoes (Post 5992342)
Hi.. So I haven't been as die hard player as I have in the past (I know shock right)..... So I did not receive all 25 new levels; no big deal but when I click on the EX points, it does not tell me how many more I need to get to the next level. :confused: I also don't seen an update in the "how many levels" section..

hi goofyshoes

with regards to the exp not showing how many more it will show once you need around 50,000 points and as soon as one of the mods are free they will update the 'how many levels' part :)

goofyshoes Aug 29 2015 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafty chris (Post 5992358)
hi goofyshoes

with regards to the exp not showing how many more it will show once you need around 50,000 points and as soon as one of the mods are free they will update the 'how many levels' part :)

Thanks Chris, it does show now. :D:cool: I need to start playing more! It's been a long time since I didn't receive the full 25 at "update time!"

crafty chris Aug 29 2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyshoes (Post 5992362)
Thanks Chris, it does show now. :D:cool: I need to start playing more! It's been a long time since I didn't receive the full 25 at "update time!"

ah youre more than welcome glad i could help :)

Tiger Aug 29 2015 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnetteB (Post 5992330)
While I love all the new things it seems that either no one hasd reported the fact that when you receive an animal as a gift and you click to send all the animals are not moving out of your gift box. Will this get fixed? it has been at least 2 weeks now that you must move your animals manually to the places.

Hi AnnetteB,

As long as there is space in your animal sheds, your animals should be able to be stored in there. I have just tried this to check.

Go to a farm that has room for animals in your shed, open the gift box, top right of that box, change the filter to "Store Animals" and then click on Store Animals again.

If you are just wanting to place them on a farm then yes you will have to place them manually.

gypsy! Aug 29 2015 08:23 AM

And a big thank you to all the developers for the release and the moderators and others that answer all our questions.

smilie224 Aug 29 2015 08:26 AM

I am absolutely blown away that you guys come out with new updates and improvements to the game every, single month. You ALWAYS keep the game fresh and fun. Thank you for all of your hard work and successfully keeping us having played since the beginning around and having fun with it not getting old :)

marymarcel Aug 29 2015 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beverduster (Post 5992250)
now i cant boost my trains, does anyone know why?

Hi beverduster:)

What happens when you try to boost them?
Have you checked your clock to see if Reaccelerate Trains has the green check mark?

Texas Belle Aug 29 2015 08:41 AM

Thanks to all of you guys, like I always say "you rock", got my facilities last night and now waiting for Monday... Good Job...Thanks again..

JW2009 Aug 29 2015 09:03 AM

Hi, I have an issue - on the list of improvements "3. Super Neighbours hired for farming Improvement:" I just planted 9 farms using the Yellow Seeder on my Super Neighbour and i got ZERO coins and close to ZERO points.

Dutch85 Aug 29 2015 09:30 AM

Thank you SO much for the new things! I was totally surprised by the new levels! Thank you for the FC! I know I say this every time there is an update, but I LOVE the 2 part updates! Having fun with the new things AND looking forward to the rest on Monday!

smilie224 Aug 29 2015 09:36 AM

I have 2 questions on the design aspect to the farms.
1. Will we be able to use our own transplanter to move trees and flowers around?
Was hoping to help organize a neighbor's farm if they want, and I was unsure if this would be available.
2. Is delete plow-plots available where we can re-plow after moving things around?
Thanks for any insights!

beverduster Aug 29 2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 5992390)

What happens when you try to boost them?
Have you checked your clock to see if Reaccelerate Trains has the green check mark?

nothing happens, just a blank screen, now if i shut down my computer & reboot, it will work, just started doing this since the new update, t hank you for helpin ms marymarcel

marymarcel Aug 29 2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beverduster (Post 5992474)
nothing happens, just a blank screen, now if i shut down my computer & reboot, it will work, just started doing this since the new update, t hank you for helpin ms marymarcel

Oh! sometimes these things happens during a new release, glad to know you could solve it.

And if you have problems again, post here so we could check what is happening.:)

mstiquetx Aug 29 2015 10:34 AM

Great job on the new release...Free FC...awesome...Happy farming to all!!!

Docperk Aug 29 2015 10:36 AM

Once again thanks for the updates. One comment on the Super Neighbors If I have better bigger tools, Manure Spreader and Sprinkler specifically, shouldn't I be able to use my tools on his farm? He is able to use mine on my farm.

Tiger Aug 29 2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docperk (Post 5992490)
Once again thanks for the updates. One comment on the Super Neighbors If I have better bigger tools, Manure Spreader and Sprinkler specifically, shouldn't I be able to use my tools on his farm? He is able to use mine on my farm.

Hi Dockperk,

The farm owner needs to own those tools for fertilising and irrigating their own crops etc. He can use yours because you own them.

beverduster Aug 29 2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 5992482)
Oh! sometimes these things happens during a new release, glad to know you could solve it.

And if you have problems again, post here so we could check what is happening.:)

i will & thanks for the comeback, its still doing it, it will work out in the end

marymarcel Aug 29 2015 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW2009 (Post 5992430)
Hi, I have an issue - on the list of improvements "3. Super Neighbours hired for farming Improvement:" I just planted 9 farms using the Yellow Seeder on my Super Neighbour and i got ZERO coins and close to ZERO points.

Hi JW:)

About no coins added for planting, well, you dont receive coins for planting:)
This was posted in the New Release June 30

3. Super Neighbours can now plant your farms: There is a new check box 'Allow Planting' in the Edit Super-Neighbour window that will grant permission to the Super-Neighbour to plant crops in your farm. He/she will be making the decision of what to plant, the coins will be deducted from the farm owner's account and the farm owner and the Super-Neighbour will earn 2 XP for each field planted.

I'm sorry but we have no way to check the amount of xp you receive by planting specifically.

You have a large amount of XP could it be you didnt notice the amount added?

marymarcel Aug 29 2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beverduster (Post 5992498)
i will & thanks for the comeback, its still doing it, it will work out in the end

Please ry clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

See if that helps you with the problem.:)

JW2009 Aug 29 2015 11:08 AM

Ok thank you, it must have been a glitch before, coz i know i was getting coins for each farm planted, not much though, on 12x12 farm, i got 3,000 coins added. Thank you for replying :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 5992514)
Hi JW:)

About no coins added for planting, well, you dont receive coins for planting:)
This was posted in the New Release June 30

3. Super Neighbours can now plant your farms: There is a new check box 'Allow Planting' in the Edit Super-Neighbour window that will grant permission to the Super-Neighbour to plant crops in your farm. He/she will be making the decision of what to plant, the coins will be deducted from the farm owner's account and the farm owner and the Super-Neighbour will earn 2 XP for each field planted.

I'm sorry but we have no way to check the amount of xp you receive by planting specifically.

You have a large amount of XP could it be you didnt notice the amount added?

lollipopthebunny Aug 29 2015 01:27 PM

Great update, Thanks Raul.

Now I just hope it starts 'speeding up' when working the farms both mine an for someone else. It seems to get slower an slower.

I still think having two markets for hiring would be beneficial! It is gotten very very hard to get upper level people to work on the bigger farms. Plus it isn't fair to the low level players not getting work themselves. Since the farms have gotten so big hiring a low level player is pretty much useless as they can't move around an can't use the bigger tools either.

gypsy! Aug 29 2015 02:59 PM

I seem to have a glitch. On my regular quest I have collected 4 and the counter at the bottom of the screen shows 3. I thought it might clear up when it was showing 2 done for the 3 finished last night but is still there. None of them were completed more then 4 days ago. Show quests does show all 4. I am posting it here as a change to the show quest window is listed as being in the works.

Thank you

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...8114&farm_ix=0

marymarcel Aug 29 2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsy! (Post 5992618)
I seem to have a glitch. On my regular quest I have collected 4 and the counter at the bottom of the screen shows 3. I thought it might clear up when it was showing 2 done for the 3 finished last night but is still there. None of them were completed more then 4 days ago. Show quests does show all 4. I am posting it here as a change to the show quest window is listed as being in the works.

Thank you

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...8114&farm_ix=0

Hi gypsy:)

I checked your data and you have 4 completed quests, but for the one to make Scrambled Eggs Breakfast you havent collected your coins.:)

frostyvb56 Aug 29 2015 03:25 PM

thanks for the info.

Aussie Rae Aug 29 2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seraphina Warrior (Post 5992322)
Hi Aussie Rae, When the Cooperative Design, was first announced, it was stated that when a Super Neighbour has the design permission on one of your farms, he/she will be allowed to move, delete coin items and even buy items with THEIR OWN coins to put on your farm (based on the farm owners level).

This means that a Super Neighbour will pay for any items that they choose to buy from the store, and place on the "Farm Owners" farm. This avoids the Farm Owners Coins, being severely depleted, by the Super Neighbour purchasing expensive items etc. If many many items, are required, then to avoid paying for those items, the super Neighbour, would need to ask the "Farm Owner" to purchase those items, in advance.

I hope this helps. :)

Thank you for replying and I now understand fully, love the new things we get each update, :)

Snookie Sue Aug 29 2015 10:26 PM

Planted fields coming out wrong.

Has anyone else experienced planting fields that come out incorrectly over the past 2 days? I have had a problem with farms 26 and 27. What I plant loads to other plots nearby. A strange glitch I hope.