Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- April 3rd, 2017 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628590)

jfedwards Apr 04 2017 06:19 AM

i notice while fishing and tree harvesting and tree chopping, the items didnt get gone at first.. kinda like a shadow still left til u changed farms then they get gone...kinda confuseing or annoying, kinda slow...

crochetlady22 Apr 04 2017 06:53 AM

I am wondering why the 5x5 ext mode and 6x6 ext mode combines are locked for me? I have the 6x6 combine, but was not able to purchase the 6x6 ext mode combine? Can anyone tell me why?

Tiger Apr 04 2017 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crochetlady22 (Post 6153898)
I am wondering why the 5x5 ext mode and 6x6 ext mode combines are locked for me? I have the 6x6 combine, but was not able to purchase the 6x6 ext mode combine? Can anyone tell me why?

Hi crochetlady22,

You must own all the 16x16 tools before you can start buying the EX tools for working overlapped fields. You can see the requirements in the Game Guide. Here's the link to the section about those tools >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...46#post6146146

sod farmer Apr 04 2017 07:48 AM

I can not upgrade my original farms 4, 5, 9 or 10. I have cleared memcache , tried different browsers, etc - no effect. edit - when I go to the Realtor's Office to try to purchase the 44x44 expansions I get the same message "You have already purchased all the..." for all 4 farms.

Dutch85 Apr 04 2017 07:53 AM

Thank you For another great release Raul. My only problem is that I was so hoping you would give us the eye option with the new big tools. They just aren't any good to me without being able to turn the eye off when I use the seeder. Thanks again for all you do for us.

Tiger Apr 04 2017 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sod farmer (Post 6153906)
I can not upgrade my original farms 4, 5, 9 or 10. I have cleared memcache , tried different browsers, etc - no effect. edit - when I go to the Realtor's Office to try to purchase the 44x44 expansions I get the same message "You have already purchased all the..." for all 4 farms.

Hi sod farmer,

It looks like you have rearranged your farm order at some point so your farms are not in the original positions. For example your farm 1 is now in position 8 in the grid.

The only way you are going to know which are farms 1 to 10 is if you reset the order in the Farm Selector Manager, then try upgrading. However before you do this you might want to make a note of the order they are in at the moment so you can put them back in that order when you are done upgrading.

Your data is showing you have upgraded original farms 1,2,3,4, 7 & 9 to 44x44

JohnAlbertini Apr 04 2017 08:29 AM

ghosting/artifacts & new tools

PLEASE, when we harvest/shake/chop/fish REMOVE the items as soon as it is done. Having a ghost image or artifact appear for a delay makes it difficult to see where the line is between done and not done and I'm sure it is a bandwidth and server drain to have every harvest be a two-step process rather than just a one-step process (ready to gone rather than ready to ghost to gone)!!!

And the new tools are useless UNLESS you play unsupportedly. Where are the 24X tools those of us that play the proper way need? Between my wife and I we have over 200 FC and I see nothing worth WASTING them on right now. The new 6x extended tools offer us no improvement in game play whatsoever? Our 16x tools do more (256 plots) than the new 6x (36 plots) extended tools since we don't layer. Where is that an improvement?

earlgray Apr 04 2017 09:03 AM

Love the new buttons for scrolling directly to the top and bottom of windows!

sylvie48uk Apr 04 2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sod farmer (Post 6153906)

I'm having this problem too, I upgraded 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 but that was as far as I could get. I've just had a thought though - have I reordered the farms at any time? I might have done, but I didn't think that I did that with those early ones.

MOM GLENDA Apr 04 2017 10:53 AM

we do not need more land 42 x 42 is big enough. have to move farm around to see whole farm now .why would anyone want the farms bigger.i know lots of us that have 42x42 will not buy the 44x44 . hope no one buys it .we want more farms not more land . love farmtown just wish you had not went bigger with the farms

Tiger Apr 04 2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylvie48uk (Post 6153970)
I'm having this problem too, I upgraded 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 but that was as far as I could get. I've just had a thought though - have I reordered the farms at any time? I might have done, but I didn't think that I did that with those early ones.

Hi sylvie49,

If you reset the order in the Farm Selector Manager, if the farms have been reordered it will put them back into their original positions. However before you do this you might want to make a note of the order they are in at the moment so you can put them back in that order when you are done upgrading.

Texas Belle Apr 04 2017 11:11 AM

Thank you guys, been waiting for those expansion, hurray... like always you devs rock!!

SeniorCornwall Apr 04 2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOM GLENDA (Post 6153974)
we do not need more land 42 x 42 is big enough. have to move farm around to see whole farm now .why would anyone want the farms bigger.i know lots of us that have 42x42 will not buy the 44x44 . hope no one buys it .we want more farms not more land . love farmtown just wish you had not went bigger with the farms

Well I for one love the bigger farms... It allows me to plant more crops or trees... The more space the better.... I have bought them all already and look forward to 11 - 32 expansions on next few updates.

Oh - and for the new tools - for those who are not layered. If you use a browser like Puffin on your tablet (that allows flash), you can now easily farm from your tablet :)

vda2354 Apr 04 2017 01:01 PM

Thank you!! Great new decorations!! I have a suggestion, but not sure where to go with it, so will do it here. Can we get a question that asks "Are you sure you want to dispatch ship?" just like we're asked if we want to leave a farm. Finding it easy to click on the dispatch ship button instead of start container. Thank you

Taz D Apr 04 2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vda2354 (Post 6154026)
Thank you!! Great new decorations!! I have a suggestion, but not sure where to go with it, so will do it here. Can we get a question that asks "Are you sure you want to dispatch ship?" just like we're asked if we want to leave a farm. Finding it easy to click on the dispatch ship button instead of start container. Thank you

Hi vda,
Please post your suggestion in the Suggestions section of the forums where the developers will see them all grouped for them. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to a thread that fits your suggestion.

sod farmer Apr 04 2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6153918)
Hi sod farmer,

It looks like you have rearranged your farm order at some point so your farms are not in the original positions. For example your farm 1 is now in position 8 in the grid.

The only way you are going to know which are farms 1 to 10 is if you reset the order in the Farm Selector Manager, then try upgrading. However before you do this you might want to make a note of the order they are in at the moment so you can put them back in that order when you are done upgrading.

Your data is showing you have upgraded original farms 1,2,3,4, 7 & 9 to 44x44

Hi Tiger - I reset my farms to the original order before trying to upgrade them - and have since changed them back to their current places. I am showing original farms 1,2, 3, 6, 7 and 8 enlarged. I still cannot enlarge original farms 4, 5, 9 or 10.

I just now reset forms to original order and tried enlarging the ones that are still 42x42 - didn't work.

Thanks

bruhelmboldt Apr 04 2017 01:38 PM

>When sorting by Stored Amount in Storage and Market screens, first the regular and large boxes are combined for every product and then the sort is presented, for ex: if you have 1000 regular cotton boxes and 2000 (Large) cotton boxes, we will assume your total cotton stored is 3000 and will place it accordingly in the crops list.>

Greatest thing since sliced bread!! LOVE it!!! :)

Tiger Apr 04 2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sod farmer (Post 6154034)
Hi Tiger - I reset my farms to the original order before trying to upgrade them - and have since changed them back to their current places. I am showing original farms 1,2, 3, 6, 7 and 8 enlarged. I still cannot enlarge original farms 4, 5, 9 or 10.

I just now reset forms to original order and tried enlarging the ones that are still 42x42 - didn't work.

Thanks

Hi sod farmer,

I have checked the farms you say haven't upgraded and 2 of them are showing as at 44x44. Here are the links and positions they are in at the moment

Original Farm 4
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...521&farm_ix=03
Position 12 (44x44)

Original Farm 5
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...521&farm_ix=04
Position 10 (42x42). You'll need to go to the realtors from position 10 in the grid to enlarge this farm.

Original Farm 9
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...521&farm_ix=08
Position 2 (44x44)

Original Farm 10
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...521&farm_ix=09
Position 13 (42x42). You'll need to go to the realtors from position 13 in the grid to enlarge this farm.

NOTE: If you have rearranged your farms since the time of this post , you will have to use the farm links i supplied to get to the original farms new positions.

For the 2 that haven't upgraded try again with the information i have given you. If it still won't upgrade after that then you'll need to let support know about this.

vda2354 Apr 04 2017 02:22 PM

Will do! Thank you!

sod farmer Apr 04 2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6154046)
Hi sod farmer,

I have checked the farms you say haven't upgraded and 2 of them are showing as at 44x44. Here are the links and positions they are in at the moment

Original Farm 4
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...521&farm_ix=03
Position 12 (44x44)

Original Farm 5
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...521&farm_ix=04
Position 10 (42x42). You'll need to go to the realtors from position 10 in the grid to enlarge this farm.

Original Farm 9
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...521&farm_ix=08
Position 2 (44x44)

Original Farm 10
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...521&farm_ix=09
Position 13 (42x42). You'll need to go to the realtors from position 13 in the grid to enlarge this farm.

NOTE: If you have rearranged your farms since the time of this post , you will have to use the farm links i supplied to get to the original farms new positions.

For the 2 that haven't upgraded try again with the information i have given you. If it still won't upgrade after that then you'll need to let support know about this.

Hi Tiger - I have them all in original order again and still showing same problem. I notice that the original order and the locations where they were are different from what I showed - either way - using your or my data for location not able to enlarge them. TY for your time - i will contact support.

JohnAlbertini Apr 04 2017 02:29 PM

scroll buttons

The "whole" list scroll buttons are useless, I can just grab the slider as easily.
Now if rather than full list or one row like the older buttons, they went one PAGE at a time, that would be helpful a little I guess. But the full list buttons just get in the way.

Taz D Apr 04 2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6154066)
The "whole" list scroll buttons are useless, I can just grab the slider as easily.
Now if rather than full list or one row like the older buttons, they went one PAGE at a time, that would be helpful a little I guess. But the full list buttons just get in the way.

Hi John,
You have always been able to do that by clicking (not click and drag) in the blak area in the middle of the scroll bar.

bbtracy Apr 04 2017 03:08 PM

Tools

I can't find the new 6x6 extended mode

marymarcel Apr 04 2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbtracy (Post 6154078)
I can't find the new 6x6 extended mode

Hi bbtracy :)

Please open the Store and click in Tools tab. You can use the search for the new tools:

Harvester ex, Seeder ex, Combine Harvest-Plow ex and Combine Harvest-Plant ex. When you write those in the search box, the EX tools 5x5 and 6x6 will show for you.

bbtracy Apr 04 2017 03:26 PM

they all say they are locked and I have the 8x8

bugs22 Apr 04 2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggiel29 (Post 6153878)
This confused me at first but it doesnt say on the menu for the store - dont think there is room but you have to buy the lower tools first so you need the Harvester Ext first. Also the seeder one to buy the combine harvest plant.

I own all of them! I bought them all as Soon as they were available, which is why I stated in in my original post.
Slashkey has fixed it. I can now buy it for myself, but thanks for the "help"

marymarcel Apr 04 2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbtracy (Post 6154086)
they all say they are locked and I have the 8x8

I'm sorry bbtracy, but to purchase the 6x6 EX, you have to own all the previous ones, 10x10, 12x12 , 14x14, 16x16 and 5x5 EX.

You have more information in our Game guide, Tools chapter

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489090

Qivis Apr 04 2017 04:34 PM

Raul hasn't mentioned it, and it may not even be Slashkey that is responsible for it since Microsoft made an update to Windows 10 Insider Edition that I only was able to install this afternoon, but I have noted that the game is a great deal more stable over all. When working all the farms of others over the last 14 months, the game has become unstable and crashed after working 12 to 14 farms. For some reason I was thinking of other things (okay, other people since I was thinking about a particularly beautiful woman :p ) and had worked through farm 18 without it crashing before I noticed. So I continued and worked all 32 without needing to refresh!

Texas Belle Apr 04 2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6153922)
PLEASE, when we harvest/shake/chop/fish REMOVE the items as soon as it is done. Having a ghost image or artifact appear for a delay makes it difficult to see where the line is between done and not done and I'm sure it is a bandwidth and server drain to have every harvest be a two-step process rather than just a one-step process (ready to gone rather than ready to ghost to gone)!!!

And the new tools are useless UNLESS you play unsupportedly. Where are the 24X tools those of us that play the proper way need? Between my wife and I we have over 200 FC and I see nothing worth WASTING them on right now. The new 6x extended tools offer us no improvement in game play whatsoever? Our 16x tools do more (256 plots) than the new 6x (36 plots) extended tools since we don't layer. Where is that an improvement?

Please, just use the tool that is convenient and you feel good using for you, do not try to convince other people that want the tool and that do have the farms unsuportedly like you said.. I have the 6x6 and love it, makes my life easier and can harvest/plow/plant a whole 42x42 farm in less than 6 or 8 minutes, and yes they are layered, the only way to meet demand on the crops.. I LOVE MY NEW TOOLS, thank you to the Devs that take care of those of us that started this journey with them since the beginning...

max_river Apr 04 2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Belle (Post 6154118)
Please, just use the tool that is convenient and you feel good using for you, do not try to convince other people that want the tool and that do have the farms unsuportedly like you said.. I have the 6x6 and love it, makes my life easier and can harvest/plow/plant a whole 42x42 farm in less than 6 or 8 minutes, and yes they are layered, the only way to meet demand on the crops.. I LOVE MY NEW TOOLS, thank you to the Devs that take care of those of us that started this journey with them since the beginning...

well said. so you like the new tools we been getting. i am trying to save my fc to get them.. happy farming

Rugged Barbie Apr 04 2017 07:38 PM

"Added new buttons ( |< and >| ) to most scroll bars in the game that takes you to the top and bottom of the list"

Very nice and thank you for this. Scrolling to the bottom is no longer a pain!
However those buttons need to be much larger for me to be able to use. As they are now, I click the wrong one often because they are so small.

Still getting the blank clicks when sowing - meaning, after several clicks of planting using the EX tool, I click on a square and it doesn't plant, regardless on my going fast, slow and really super sonic slow.

Also the shadow remaining on each square using the EX tools is distracting. It's like the game is trying hard to process the data with it's only processing seed planting with the smallest EX sowing tool.

xoxo and thank you for the update!
Barbie is truly rugged now and going to the store to buy more stuff.

cgsfarm Apr 04 2017 08:18 PM

Any idea what the new facilities are, if they are coin or cash or both.

Taz D Apr 04 2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgsfarm (Post 6154166)
Any idea what the new facilities are, if they are coin or cash or both.

Hi cgsfarms,
Only the developers know. Just have to wait until Raul posts them. By past I would say 2 coin and 2 farm cash ones.

GoalieAunt Apr 04 2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeniorCornwall (Post 6154010)
Oh - and for the new tools - for those who are not layered. If you use a browser like Puffin on your tablet (that allows flash), you can now easily farm from your tablet :)

I had wondered if the extended plow etc tools worked in extended mode when you didn't have layers and now that I know that it works well with Puffin, I may eventually buy them. :)

Rugged Barbie Apr 04 2017 08:47 PM

Hi Again,

In addition to the Sowing EX tool failing to sow on some clicks, the Tree EX tool is failing to harvest trees and this is happening like every 5 or 6 clicks.

FYI because I know the Developers care.

SeaJay Apr 04 2017 08:48 PM

I just recently deleted all my large boxes because I very frequently use the 'amount stored' selection.
I was thinking I would never hire anyone to work for me again just to avoid the large boxes.
Nice fix!

beverduster Apr 04 2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie (Post 6154190)
Hi Again,

In addition to the Sowing EX tool failing to sow on some clicks, the Tree EX tool is failing to harvest trees and this is happening like every 5 or 6 clicks.

FYI because I know the Developers care.

if you have a cordless mouse, the batterys are low

Aussie Rae Apr 04 2017 10:11 PM

all Extent tools are working fine for me.. don't have any problems at all...

Petuniaflower Apr 04 2017 11:50 PM

Was asked by a neighbor if I saw shadows when fishing. I am. When I found out it wasn't just me,thought I would say something. When you click a body of water and a shadow of it remains.

lineking Apr 05 2017 12:55 AM

Happening also with trees when harvesting/chopping and I believe flowers also.