Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Quests (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468426)

polrky3 Jun 17 2012 03:50 PM

How do you use the lifelines?

KnightRider Jun 17 2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polrky3 (Post 5195114)
I have an issue with the quests. I have 2 open right now and I can't complete both because they both require a facility or truck that I have to use farm cash for. I think it sucks to try to force us to use real money for these quests. Now, I have 2 that I can't complete and I have to let them expire. One of them is making pepperoni pizza and I need pepperoni ordered from the semi. I had it gited to me and it doesn't count. Is there any way around this at all?

They are not trying to make anyone purchase FC, the quests are all random and picked by the program, if you don't have the facilities you can let it expire, you are not forced to purchase anything to continue. The lifelines are random and picked by the computer also, to use the lifelines, click on the lifeline at the top and it will tell you which lifeline you get, lifelines can't be used for the last step in a quest, there is 3 lifelines (Gift, Employee, and Trade), the gift is to get items gifted from the gift screen or ingredients gift. The employee is to work in neighbors fields or factories. The trade is to trade basic ingredients in the market or with neighbors. If you need pepperoni the lifelines that could help you if you have the sandwich shop, frozen foods, or the pizza shop and if you could get the gift lifeline then you could go into one of those factories and request the item that uses pepperoni as an ingredient, but the lifeline would have to have the gift lifeline.

Tony D Jun 17 2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polrky3 (Post 5195122)
How do you use the lifelines?

Hi , there is information on how to use the Lifeline in this section of the Game Guide .. http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489690

HelenJS22 Jun 17 2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polrky3 (Post 5195114)
I have an issue with the quests. I have 2 open right now and I can't complete both because they both require a facility or truck that I have to use farm cash for. I think it sucks to try to force us to use real money for these quests. Now, I have 2 that I can't complete and I have to let them expire. One of them is making pepperoni pizza and I need pepperoni ordered from the semi. I had it gited to me and it doesn't count. Is there any way around this at all?

I don't believe we are 'forced' at all to buy farm cash facilities for the quests. Maybe it is a test of our 'will power/won't power' because if we really don't want a certain facility, or don't want to spend farm cash, then it is up to us to resist doing so. Nobody is forcing us to complete all of our quests.

If you try a life line and happen to get one that works for your quest, then you can get around it. Study up in the game guide and you may find that you have a lifeline that will help you.

Sooner Sue Jun 17 2012 11:14 PM

Quests

I quit Farmville and Cityville and other games by Zynga because of quests. No, you don't have to do them, but if you don't then you are out of the loop and get left behind by your neighbors. I love Farmtown, have since early in its history, but if they start quests, I may have to bow out. My personality doesn't allow me not to beg and buy cash to complete quests, been there done that. Leave Farmtown just the way it is...FUN!!!

lewlin Jun 18 2012 04:12 AM

I gave up on the quests because it takes too much fiddling about for not much return. Even 14 million coins isn't a lot considering how quickly you can make that just by filling facs or working other peoples facs.

Jean's Farm Jun 18 2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner Sue (Post 5195350)
I quit Farmville and Cityville and other games by Zynga because of quests. No, you don't have to do them, but if you don't then you are out of the loop and get left behind by your neighbors. I love Farmtown, have since early in its history, but if they start quests, I may have to bow out. My personality doesn't allow me not to beg and buy cash to complete quests, been there done that. Leave Farmtown just the way it is...FUN!!!

Even with the quests this game is still fun. You do NOT have to do the quests unless you want to. :cool: You do NOT have to beg from your neighbors or buy cash to do the quests. There are some you can do by just playing like you normally do. Some you need cash facilities to finish. You do NOT have to do them. If you do open a life line and it is one to get from your neighbor you just post like you would for a bonus.

You will not be "out of the loop" or "get left behind by your neighbors". You can make lots of coins doing them. :)

And again if you don't want to do them......DON'T!!!! It won't change yours or anyone else's game. Just like the mini games. I don't do them. I have looked at them but don't play that much or challenge my friends etc.

Sooner Sue Jun 18 2012 10:12 AM

Misunderstood

I think some have taken what I said in the wrong way. Yes, I do send requests for people to work my facilities, but that is not begging, that's part of the game. I just know that with Zynga type games I felt pressured to complete quests, they had so many running at one time (sometimes up to 30 quests at a time). I have a personality that is all about getting the job done, I can't explain it, but I found myself buying cash to complete these stupid quests, it took me 3 mos to bow out. I love Cityville, but it just got to crazy.

I have loved Farmtown for a long time and don't want to quit. As long as the quests don't get carried away it will be ok.

I don't know how the one guy says 14 million coins is easy to earn, I am just under 2 million coins and have been playing for 3-4 yrs.

Jean's Farm Jun 18 2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner Sue (Post 5195978)
I think some have taken what I said in the wrong way. Yes, I do send requests for people to work my facilities, but that is not begging, that's part of the game. I just know that with Zynga type games I felt pressured to complete quests, they had so many running at one time (sometimes up to 30 quests at a time). I have a personality that is all about getting the job done, I can't explain it, but I found myself buying cash to complete these stupid quests, it took me 3 mos to bow out. I love Cityville, but it just got to crazy.

I have loved Farmtown for a long time and don't want to quit. As long as the quests don't get carried away it will be ok.

I don't know how the one guy says 14 million coins is easy to earn, I am just under 2 million coins and have been playing for 3-4 yrs.

I don't think I took you the wrong way, Sue. :) What I am saying is you do NOT have to do the quests on Farmtown at all. It will not hurt your game one way or the other. The quests are a way for people to get extra coins if they wish to do the quests.

What he meant by saying 14 million coins are easy to earn was if you have all the facilities needed and finish some of the quests you can earn 14 million. The least amount I've earned doing them is a little over a million and that was a simple quest.....like make flour. All I had to do was plant and harvest wheat and then start my windmill. The longer the quest takes you to complete, the more coins it gives you.

The quests that Zynga sets up on all their games, you have to do them or you can't get anywhere in the game. :p This game and these quests are in no way like Zyngas!!! I blocked Farmville a long time ago....walked away and never looked back. I never gave them any of my real money. I have given this game real money, tho.

Sending a request for ingredients to finish a quest on FT is just like posting for ingredients for you facilities.

I've been playing FT since May 2 of 2009....shortly after it started. I stopped for a while because back then once you hit the top level there was nothing else to do so a lot of my friends jumped ship. But I started up again when more levels and the facs came out. So I've been playing the 3 years it has been in existence and I have over 8 billion coins....and more in storage waiting to be sold. I have friends who have enough coins to purchase all the upgrades when a new farm is released.

Don't leave, Sue. FT won't make you do anything you don't want to. :D

Queen.of.Clutter Jun 18 2012 06:08 PM

I haven't found my problem in the forum, although I really didn't kill myself searching for it. I looked, couldn't find. I had a quest to harvest things, which were not done on my farm. I grabbed a Lifeline (LOVE those things !) and it was the employee Lifeline. All good. I found a neighbor who had stuff done for me to do this. I needed one (1) sugarcane, and five (5) pineapples, which is exactly what I harvested on her farm. I only got credit for 2 pineapples. She proceeded to inform me that when you work for someone, you only get credit for one crop for every 4 or 5 you harvest .... REALLY ???

So, I asked other neighbors, and they said the same thing. When they work for someone else, there is NO SUCH THING as harvesting what is asked for .... you have to do quadruple that amount to be sure to be credited. Is that really the case ???

On another note ..... my next quest was to harvest one of each of flowers .... white carnation and the white rose. I had some on my farm 7 - frozen - so I unfroze them and harvested them. NOTHING. NO CREDIT. I did the whole 'clear cache, clear MEM, actually did a disc cleanup and defrag .... logged back in .... tried it again .... logged out, logged back in ..... still, no credit. I just now had a farm ready with flowers, so I got the ones I needed .... but my question is: If your flowers are frozen, then you unfreeze, the harvest doesn't count ??? Or is that Lifeline ONLY GOOD FOR THE QUEST I CLICKED ???

Thanks !! Just when you think you know how everything works, something happens and throws you for a loop !! LOL !!

Tiger Jun 18 2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen.of.Clutter (Post 5196270)
I haven't found my problem in the forum, although I really didn't kill myself searching for it. I looked, couldn't find. I had a quest to harvest things, which were not done on my farm. I grabbed a Lifeline (LOVE those things !) and it was the employee Lifeline. All good. I found a neighbor who had stuff done for me to do this. I needed one (1) sugarcane, and five (5) pineapples, which is exactly what I harvested on her farm. I only got credit for 2 pineapples. She proceeded to inform me that when you work for someone, you only get credit for one crop for every 4 or 5 you harvest .... REALLY ???

So, I asked other neighbors, and they said the same thing. When they work for someone else, there is NO SUCH THING as harvesting what is asked for .... you have to do quadruple that amount to be sure to be credited. Is that really the case ???

On another note ..... my next quest was to harvest one of each of flowers .... white carnation and the white rose. I had some on my farm 7 - frozen - so I unfroze them and harvested them. NOTHING. NO CREDIT. I did the whole 'clear cache, clear MEM, actually did a disc cleanup and defrag .... logged back in .... tried it again .... logged out, logged back in ..... still, no credit. I just now had a farm ready with flowers, so I got the ones I needed .... but my question is: If your flowers are frozen, then you unfreeze, the harvest doesn't count ??? Or is that Lifeline ONLY GOOD FOR THE QUEST I CLICKED ???

Thanks !! Just when you think you know how everything works, something happens and throws you for a loop !! LOL !!

Hi there,

When you harvest for someone you receive 10 % of the crops. That's the way it has always been, so yes, if your quest needed you to harvest 1 of anything, and you had the employee lifeline, you would need to harvest 10 to get your 10% on someone else's farm.

Frozen flowers, really depends on the stage they were frozen. It's possible that when you unfroze them, the game displayed an incorrect "ready to harvest" message, reloading the farm would have corrected it.

Sooner Sue Jun 18 2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean's Farm (Post 5196218)
I don't think I took you the wrong way, Sue. :) What I am saying is you do NOT have to do the quests on Farmtown at all. It will not hurt your game one way or the other. The quests are a way for people to get extra coins if they wish to do the quests.

What he meant by saying 14 million coins are easy to earn was if you have all the facilities needed and finish some of the quests you can earn 14 million. The least amount I've earned doing them is a little over a million and that was a simple quest.....like make flour. All I had to do was plant and harvest wheat and then start my windmill. The longer the quest takes you to complete, the more coins it gives you.

The quests that Zynga sets up on all their games, you have to do them or you can't get anywhere in the game. :p This game and these quests are in no way like Zyngas!!! I blocked Farmville a long time ago....walked away and never looked back. I never gave them any of my real money. I have given this game real money, tho.

Sending a request for ingredients to finish a quest on FT is just like posting for ingredients for you facilities.

I've been playing FT since May 2 of 2009....shortly after it started. I stopped for a while because back then once you hit the top level there was nothing else to do so a lot of my friends jumped ship. But I started up again when more levels and the facs came out. So I've been playing the 3 years it has been in existence and I have over 8 billion coins....and more in storage waiting to be sold. I have friends who have enough coins to purchase all the upgrades when a new farm is released.

Don't leave, Sue. FT won't make you do anything you don't want to. :D

OK Jean, I won't leave...just the word quests sends shudders down my spine...lol. Guess it's been 3yrs playing for me as well. I couldn't remember is this started in 2008 or 2009. I remember when it had only 32 levels and no facilities to do anything with...they just looked pretty...lol. Thanks for reassuri me that these quests are nothing like Zynga's.

Queen.of.Clutter Jun 18 2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 5196282)
Hi there,

When you harvest for someone you receive 10 % of the crops. That's the way it has always been, so yes, if your quest needed you to harvest 1 of anything, and you had the employee lifeline, you would need to harvest 10 to get your 10% on someone else's farm.

Frozen flowers, really depends on the stage they were frozen. It's possible that when you unfroze them, the game displayed an incorrect "ready to harvest" message, reloading the farm would have corrected it.

Thank you ! I forgot you only receive a percentage, I thought it was 20% .... but regardless, that solves that dilemma !! The flowers, well, I froze them when they were in full bloom, I re-loaded the farm at least three times, and ended up waiting till something was ready. I won't try that again.

Thanks!! I can always count on coming here to get the correct answers !

lewlin Jun 19 2012 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner Sue (Post 5195978)

I post my facs and my services every couple of days and people work them. Even if just 2 people work them, when I sell the non ingredients, I make much more than 14 million coins.

If you're struggling for coins, try working other people's facs and then selling off the non ingredients because you will soon find your coins mounting up! (Apparantly people can make 50 million coins working my facs once!!)

The quests are there for a bonus, sometimes they are easy quests and sometimes there is a bit of mucking about trying to get stuff you need. Personally I don't bother but that's the good thing about this game....by not doing quests, you're not missing out on any "special" prize. (if I remember rightly FV was all about getting different animals and items not available anywhere else)

Jean's Farm Jun 19 2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner Sue (Post 5196326)
OK Jean, I won't leave...just the word quests sends shudders down my spine...lol. Guess it's been 3yrs playing for me as well. I couldn't remember is this started in 2008 or 2009. I remember when it had only 32 levels and no facilities to do anything with...they just looked pretty...lol. Thanks for reassuri me that these quests are nothing like Zynga's.

Glad you are staying. :)

Sent shudders down mine when they first started talking about them, too. Then I tried them and realized I could do the whole thing without any help I was ok.

I think.....not sure....but I think the game started in April of 2009. Somewhere on here is a thread that you can post and ask your start date.

And when it first started we used to have harvest parties.....5 or 6 friends coming and harvesting a farm you had planted. No one was greedy....it was just a big gab fest between us girls. Everybody was working to get to the top level and buy the mansion. Then they all quit. :(

vettepair Jun 24 2012 01:31 PM

The quests on this game are a farce. They say you can use lifelines but that is not true, they work sometimes but not with any great regularity, mostly not!!! The gift part of the lifeline is even more useless. Because of these things as far as I am concerned ft should be banned from existence. Too many things in this game do not work and should be addressed before any more is added. The developers should be chastised for their lack of attention to detail.

Taz D Jun 24 2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettepair (Post 5202982)
The quests on this game are a farce. They say you can use lifelines but that is not true, they work sometimes but not with any great regularity, mostly not!!! The gift part of the lifeline is even more useless. Because of these things as far as I am concerned ft should be banned from existence. Too many things in this game do not work and should be addressed before any more is added. The developers should be chastised for their lack of attention to detail.

Are you aware the gift lifeline can be used with ingredient requests as well as the normal gifts?
Just like the quests themselves the lifelines are random. That means sometimes the one you get may not help you.

Jean's Farm Jun 24 2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Why should it be banned from existence??? :confused: If you want to ban any game pick a few Zynga games and ban them. :D Consistent problems with those games. I very rarely have any with this game. It is the only game I still play since I joined FB in 2009.

The lifelines do work for the quests. I've never had any problems with them. Neither have any of my friends.

And "lack of detail"...let's not even go there.

HelenJS22 Jun 24 2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

The lifelines for our quests DO WORK. They are random and sometimes you get one that is not designed to do what you need, but that's part of the game. I have found that most people who say 'they don't work' simply don't understand HOW they work .... and those people have usually not bothered to read the release about them, or the game guide that explains them.

i try Jun 25 2012 06:30 PM

Where do you load chocolate cookies? i have to LOAD them for a quest.

HelenJS22 Jun 25 2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i try (Post 5204450)
Where do you load chocolate cookies? i have to LOAD them for a quest.

The chocolate chip cookies are loaded into the Modern School.

Plynn Jun 25 2012 10:40 PM

Quests & the Lifeline

I've noticed that many of my friends and neighbors don't understand how the lifeline works, when it comes to requesting an ingredient.

I usually have to go to their farm and explain step by step, to find the facility that needs the ingredient, open it in the Facility Manager, and then click on the + sign to send a request for it.

If I'm out of leather (which seems to be wwwaaayyyy too often), I find one of the facilities, such as the shoe factory, and then click the plus sign on the work boots and send a request to my friends and neighbors for it. They see the request on their pages and click on it. They get 1/2 of what I've requested! :)

Hope this explanation helps people.

Plynn ;)

i try Jun 29 2012 01:03 PM

For 1 of my quests i needed to produce COD and CHIPS.Had to use a lifeline and got the work one. Worked a friends facils. and received cod and chips in my storage but it didn't count on my quest! Why? i thought iit was supposed to.
ThanXXX for any helpful advice!

KnightRider Jun 29 2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i try (Post 5209106)
For 1 of my quests i needed to produce COD and CHIPS.Had to use a lifeline and got the work one. Worked a friends facils. and received cod and chips in my storage but it didn't count on my quest! Why? i thought iit was supposed to.

It sounds like producing the Cod and Chips was the last step of your quest, if so then a lifeline can't be used for the final step in a quest. For more info on quest you can look in the game guide Chapter 29 - Quests.

i try Jun 29 2012 02:28 PM

it was not the last. loading into a service facility is. i got the working lifeline, worked a fish and chips facil. on a friends farm, but didn't get credit in my quest! My storage shows that i received them but not in the quest like it was supposed to.

FarmerMcLashwood Jun 29 2012 04:19 PM

I though the working lifeline was to harvest someone's crop.. I may be wrong though.

FarmerMcLashwood Jun 29 2012 04:20 PM

I was wrong..l just checked for you....... "Employee Lifeline - Allows you to complete Quest Steps by working for others in farms or facilities. The product bonuses you get by working for others will count toward your Quest Steps requirements.
This will help if you can gain what you need by being hired to work on a farm or by working a facility to gain the products made in that facility. Example, if the middle part of the quest (not the final step) required a product made in a facility that you do not own yet but a neighbour does, you can work their facility to gain that product for part of your quest."

samsmum Jun 29 2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i try (Post 5209106)

Just checking..did you have all the other steps checked off on the quest before earning the cod and chips when working facilities? You would still need to have caught the cod, harvested potatoes etc before you could get a tick for the cod and chips.

vettepair Jun 29 2012 09:04 PM

Quests

I am working on a quest that requires me to get horse hair. The life line says I can use gifts but nothing in this quest if giftable, Why do you have that option when it is not usable. Another item in this game that is a joke. I do not have enough cash to get a stable and I will NOT be spending any cash to get them so I will not be doing any more of your phony quests. This is the second time the gift box came up and it did nothing, in fact it takes away the capability of my working other peoples facilities to get what I need. This really does need to be corrected as I have talked to others that have run into the same problem.

Gregh Jun 29 2012 09:16 PM

If you have the relevant facility (Sport Accessories for example) you can request ingredients for something that uses horse hair, e.g. Pool Table Brush. That should satisfy the requirement of the Gifting lifeline.

KnightRider Jun 29 2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vettepair (Post 5209590)
I am working on a quest that requires me to get horse hair. The life line says I can use gifts but nothing in this quest if giftable, Why do you have that option when it is not usable. Another item in this game that is a joke. I do not have enough cash to get a stable and I will NOT be spending any cash to get them so I will not be doing any more of your phony quests. This is the second time the gift box came up and it did nothing, in fact it takes away the capability of my working other peoples facilities to get what I need. This really does need to be corrected as I have talked to others that have run into the same problem.

If you have the Janitorial Factory which is a coin factory just go into that and do a ingredients request for like the Vacuum Nozzle, that will get you your horse hair as a gift.

Taz D Jun 29 2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i try (Post 5209158)
it was not the last. loading into a service facility is. i got the working lifeline, worked a fish and chips facil. on a friends farm, but didn't get credit in my quest! My storage shows that i received them but not in the quest like it was supposed to.

Did you have all the other blocks checked before working their facility?

Joan Primeau Jun 30 2012 05:49 PM

I'm wondering what advantage there is in having a 'LIFELINE' . I have a quest now where I need Choc. liquor. The only way to get this is to BUY the factory which I'm not going to do. I asked for the lifeline thinking I could get the Choc. Liquor that way either through a "gift" or buy working someones factory that has the required factory on their farm. It says I can buy it in the market but no one has that ability because it is not offered. So WHY give us a lifeline ?????? Am I missing something????
Why are they giving us quests that we cannot do with the facilities that we have??? This is the 3rd time this has happened in various quest that I've done in the last 2 weeks.

KnightRider Jun 30 2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan Primeau (Post 5210382)
I'm wondering what advantage there is in having a 'LIFELINE' . I have a quest now where I need Choc. liquor. The only way to get this is to BUY the factory which I'm not going to do. I asked for the lifeline thinking I could get the Choc. Liquor that way either through a "gift" or buy working someones factory that has the required factory on their farm. It says I can buy it in the market but no one has that ability because it is not offered. So WHY give us a lifeline ?????? Am I missing something????
Why are they giving us quests that we cannot do with the facilities that we have??? This is the 3rd time this has happened in various quest that I've done in the last 2 weeks.

Lifelines like the quests are random, there are times that you will not get the lifeline that you need and will just have to let that quest expire and there are times that the lifeline you need will show up.

rodneycs Jun 30 2012 06:45 PM

what is this lifeline??

awvwral people have mentioned a lifeline -- what is it and how do you get them?/

Tiger Jun 30 2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneycs (Post 5210462)
awvwral people have mentioned a lifeline -- what is it and how do you get them?/

Hi there,

The Game guide has that information, here's the link to that post........
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showpos...94&postcount=8

dckirby Jun 30 2012 07:09 PM

I am working on a quest that requires making tie sets. I do not have the sewing facility, so I clicked the lifeline and got the employee lifeline. I have completed all steps and have the green check for all except the ties. After getting the employee lifeline, I worked a neighbors sewing facility and got 290 ties. The ties did not register in the quest as being completed. Now what do I do to finish this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

KnightRider Jun 30 2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dckirby (Post 5210478)
I am working on a quest that requires making tie sets. I do not have the sewing facility, so I clicked the lifeline and got the employee lifeline. I have completed all steps and have the green check for all except the ties. After getting the employee lifeline, I worked a neighbors sewing facility and got 290 ties. The ties did not register in the quest as being completed. Now what do I do to finish this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Was making the ties the last step in the quest, if so, you can't use a lifeline for the final step, for more on lifelines and quests see the game guide, Chapter 29 - Quests. If it isn't the last step, then clear your cache and history and make sure all of the steps before the ties has a green check in it, then reload Farm Town and see if that works.

Joan Primeau Jun 30 2012 11:42 PM

o.k.then I got the wrong lifeline! So how do I get the right lifeline, in this case gifting rather than selling ??

Taz D Jul 01 2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan Primeau (Post 5210770)
o.k.then I got the wrong lifeline! So how do I get the right lifeline, in this case gifting rather than selling ??

As she said they are random...you don't get a choice which one you get. Just like the quests are random. When you accept a quest, it is not based on what facilities you have but on all facilities.