Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- March 19th, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311034)

TheirMomma Mar 20 2010 11:00 AM

what seems to be the biggest problem is people are getting confused because the facebook facilities are working, its the myspace facilities that aren't

I am on myspace farmtown and none of the new facilities are working, you can add the milk, sugar, wheat but when u close out and come back later to check, it says nothing is in production and yes i have checked under the "what's cooking" tab

i truely love the new additions and and thanks you very much for them

Farmer Oz Mar 20 2010 11:03 AM

might have some glitches to be ironed out. I have eggs and milk in storage but never indicates that the goods are actually being produced, but then when I click on it again, it says I do not have enough in storage to cook these things.. please help, can't wait to start using the processing thingies.

NiMo1960 Mar 20 2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer Oz (Post 3298766)
why is it that every time they add new things to FT, there are always those who loudly whine and complain??? If you don't like the new features don't use them!!!

I for one continue to be very impressed at the speed and frequency of new features on FT and am very greatful to the developers for all their hard work in making FT an even better game, so THANK YOU RAUL!

I 2nd that

Great game
Great features
is the main game for me on FB while I chat with a friend on MSN while they are doing my farms

lambrini-girl Mar 20 2010 11:30 AM

Cannot harvest

I just bought a dairy shed and even though it tells me animals are 100% ready to harvest, when I click on the shed it tell me animals are not ready yet.....why does it do that??

FarmerGinger Mar 20 2010 11:40 AM

I started production on butter, cheese and goat cheese at the same time. Now it says 3 hours for cheese and still 24 minutes for butter! I think this might be a glitch.
I love the new facilities and appreciate all the hard work you guys and gals put into FarmTown.

Farmer Ginger

mollydog45 Mar 20 2010 11:59 AM

will the milk and cheese go bad ?

hi will the milk and cheese and butter go bad if not harvested in the time is done ?

Double T Dude Ranch Mar 20 2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambrini-girl (Post 3298990)
I just bought a dairy shed and even though it tells me animals are 100% ready to harvest, when I click on the shed it tell me animals are not ready yet.....why does it do that??

Do you have cows and/or goats? You have to have the animals in order for the buildings to produce products :)

Double T Dude Ranch Mar 20 2010 12:02 PM

And just a reminder to everyone that we do have an official question thread about the new facilities in help and support here: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311070

mollydog45 Mar 20 2010 12:07 PM

just wondering if the butter and cheese will spoil if not harvested when ready

platnm6309 Mar 20 2010 12:20 PM

Still issues with the plus sign on message envelope

I guess the developers are working on stupid things like cows flour, butter, etc and cannot seem to fix the plus sign I have had on my message envelope of well over a month now.

I dont care about the cheese, butter or flour.

I want this issue resolved. The developers need to fix current problems prior to creating new items.

I have deleted cache, cookies, etc.. The developers need to reset this for it to work

Also, when can we "fire" workers?

When can we hire to seed?

When will there be a level 100?

Bored already.

:mad:

NiMo1960 Mar 20 2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platnm6309 (Post 3299162)
I guess the developers are working on stupid things like cows flour, butter, etc and cannot seem to fix the plus sign I have had on my message envelope of well over a month now.

I want this issue resolved. The developers need to fix current problems prior to creating new items.

I have deleted cache, cookies, etc.. The developers need to reset this for it to work

Bored already.

The plus sign means you have messages to read, which don't always open up if you have a "pop up window" blocker.

platnm6309 Mar 20 2010 12:34 PM

I dont want this new stuff and wont use it. I liked the game like months ago before all the so called new fixes which fixed NOTHING. You ppl still cant seem to fix the plus sign I have by my message envelope and yes, i cleared cache, cookies, etc, and still the plus sign remains. I may just have to revert to crappy farmville if you keep screwing this game up. I liked layering, hiding blgs, and dont give a darn about butter, sugar, milk, etc. This game was fine a few months ago.. the old saying, if i aint broke, dont fix it. Well you seem to keep breaking it when it wasn't broke!

hasleyl Mar 20 2010 12:35 PM

Love FT but would still like to make my first farm larger and am not sure how to buy a third farm. I am a level 71. I like the new upgrade but don't have room for them now. I am still having to water my flowers every other day even if my neighbors water them. Could you please try to fix this. Thanks for all you do.
Nonnie from Friendly Acres.

50laine Mar 20 2010 12:38 PM

A lot of stone paths placed side by side would resemble gravel.

tnsrs4@gmail.com Mar 20 2010 12:43 PM

I am HAPPY! Love the new things that keep my farm interesting and fun. I like a reason to rearrange, plan, formulate which things will make me the most coin! You go Farmtown, this Montana "farmer" appreciates all that you do!

cajunn69 Mar 20 2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platnm6309 (Post 3299202)
I dont want this new stuff and wont use it. I liked the game like months ago before all the so called new fixes which fixed NOTHING. You ppl still cant seem to fix the plus sign I have by my message envelope and yes, i cleared cache, cookies, etc, and still the plus sign remains. I may just have to revert to crappy farmville if you keep screwing this game up. I liked layering, hiding blgs, and dont give a darn about butter, sugar, milk, etc. This game was fine a few months ago.. the old saying, if i aint broke, dont fix it. Well you seem to keep breaking it when it wasn't broke!

want some cheese with that? :rolleyes:

prettyponies Mar 20 2010 01:14 PM

<clapping hands with glee>

Love, love, LOVE the new features!! I'm already making butter, goat cheese, and milk cheese. Good thing my 2nd place was set up as a "real" working farm (modeled after a real farm!), and I had the perfect spot & room for the milk production facility.

marvindixon Mar 20 2010 01:43 PM

I want to thank you for all the new stuff. You guys are doing a great Job. One thing I would like to see is more neighbors, when you get a request for a neighbor another gets bumped off. Why can we not have unlimited neighbors like Island Paradise. I love Farm Town. Thank You

terrysgal67 Mar 20 2010 01:53 PM

trouble with facilities

Thank you for the facilities, however I am having a problem with the dairy one. I will select a product to produce, but I can't leave that screen and have it do anything. I had to sit on the cooking screen in order to get the butter to make. Each time I left it quit producing and I had to start from the beginning again. This doesn't work well when number one when farmtown goes idol after ten minutes and two, when you have to sit and wait any where from 30 min to 4 hours.

Is there a fix for this?

Thank you for your help.

RIAP27 Mar 20 2010 01:55 PM

Thanks!! I did not check under the whats cookin tab! All my products were there! Thanks for the help!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheirMomma (Post 3298882)
what seems to be the biggest problem is people are getting confused because the facebook facilities are working, its the myspace facilities that aren't

I am on myspace farmtown and none of the new facilities are working, you can add the milk, sugar, wheat but when u close out and come back later to check, it says nothing is in production and yes i have checked under the "what's cooking" tab

i truely love the new additions and and thanks you very much for them

RicheyRich Mar 20 2010 02:11 PM

Thats great you created the plants RAJ

Now explain how to use them properly. From what I see they are more for decoration then points or cash.

MikeLutton Mar 20 2010 02:16 PM

i dont know how to do this how do i add wheat to my storage

wormwoman Mar 20 2010 02:24 PM

love the new facility additions! Huge thank you's to the dev's for producing more and more new innovations for the game.

It took me a while to figure out how they worked, thanks to everyone who posted here - your postings were very helpful on my learning curve! It took me AGES to find the "start production" icon ... who knew that you had to hover your mouse over the screen? lol ... now that I've figured it out, I'm loving it!

oh ... one more thing dev's .... you do realize that with so much cool stuff to buy and use, that we REALLY need a 3rd farm ... ;)

snowjack Mar 20 2010 02:39 PM

New update

since the new update I can not see my friends when playing the game nor do I have friends in my Farmtown list when I want to send gifts. Please help some one:mad: alaskajalapeno@yahoo.com

McLel Mar 20 2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platnm6309 (Post 3299162)

Bored already.

Stop playing then! It's not compulsory!!

Thanks to the devs for the new facilities. The game gets better and better :) x

JENN n JUICE Mar 20 2010 03:22 PM

First of all when ever i try to produce use the facilities all it does is make my cow and goat milk dissapear. is this another of the myspace glitches? and also i can not figure out how to link my farm to the forum. you only have the option to do that for facebook. farmtown should automatically do it. i love this game but it has the second most glitches of any of the apps on ms or fb.

lulu836 Mar 20 2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeLutton (Post 3299650)
i dont know how to do this how do i add wheat to my storage

Flour comes from............wheat. Plant wheat, harvest it into your storage and then send it to the mill.

StripleFarmer Mar 20 2010 04:03 PM

I love the game, and I'm just now using the new facilities, so looking forward to seeing how that works. Really love that new levels were added before I hit level 60. I just have one question, suggestion...

Do you think it'd be possible for us to get a 3rd farm? I really enjoy FarmTown. It's a relaxing game and it has the interaction with others that FarmVille lacks completely. I'd just love to have a 3rd farm!

lulu836 Mar 20 2010 04:13 PM

With all the topics Official and Unofficial and warnings about where to put things if you want to be "heard" I have no earthly idea where the following should be posted so I'll do it here. If it's heard, fine........if not then Oh Well I tried.

Beets produce sugar also. It is chemically different since beets are a root that puts some extra mineral content in the beet and cane is a grass but both produce sugar nonetheless. Can we add beets to the sugar mill?

SusieBabe Mar 20 2010 04:37 PM

"What’s Cooking: This section provides information about all the products that are currently being produced by your facility, how many are pending, and how many are done and ready to be placed on your storage to be sold later on. Although different types of facilities can be producing goods at the same time, any given facility can only have one batch per product type in production at any given time."

As to the above statement here....Has been over the 4 hours for my cheese to be ready to go to market but not showing that. At 8 AM today (CT USA) I harvested cows and "made" cheese yet none is showing as ready...HELP PLEASE??? TYVM
Susie

Connecting thru FB

Double T Dude Ranch Mar 20 2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusieBabe (Post 3300206)
"What’s Cooking: This section provides information about all the products that are currently being produced by your facility, how many are pending, and how many are done and ready to be placed on your storage to be sold later on. Although different types of facilities can be producing goods at the same time, any given facility can only have one batch per product type in production at any given time."

As to the above statement here....Has been over the 4 hours for my cheese to be ready to go to market but not showing that. At 8 AM today (CT USA) I harvested cows and "made" cheese yet none is showing as ready...HELP PLEASE??? TYVM
Susie

Connecting thru FB

Go to the "what's cooking" and then there should be a button that says "store" under the picture of cheese.

RIAP27 Mar 20 2010 04:58 PM

New Facilities

Just wanted to let you know my dairy facility is working fine! I figured out what I was goofing up on. I LOVE all the recent improvements to the game. Keep up the great work!!!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 3295218)
Hi There,

We just released a new version of FarmTown which contains support for new facilities. These facilities will allow you to produce additional goods out of the harvested products in your farm. We created a new section in the store named 'Facilities', where we put all the buildings in the game that produce any kind of goods. In addition to the buildings that allow you to harvest the animals, now you have:

1. Red Windmill – Produces Flour
2. Stone Windmill – Produces Flour Faster
3. Sugar Refinery – Produces Sugar
4. Dairy Processing Plant – Produces Cheese, Goat Cheese, and Butter

You can only have one type of facility per farm that will actually produce goods, although you can have several other instances of the same type of facility for decorative purposes.

To access facility details, just click on the corresponding facility in your farm, and select the first option in the menu, 'Show Facility Details'.

Every facility has two sections:

1. Things To Produce: Here you can see a list of the products that you can produce on that facility. Each product displays information like batch size, batch sell-price, and production time. If you click on the help icon (?), you will see what’s required to produce that product.

2. What’s Cooking: This section provides information about all the products that are currently being produced by your facility, how many are pending, and how many are done and ready to be placed on your storage to be sold later on. Although different types of facilities can be producing goods at the same time, any given facility can only have one batch per product type in production at any given time.

As part of this release, you can now also harvest the cows and goats every 8 hours, instead of the 3 days that we had before, which will allow you to store more milk per day to be used on the Dairy Processing Plant.

Enjoy!

Thanks,

--Raul

auntsquirrelly Mar 20 2010 05:04 PM

When I try to process anything with the sugar factory or milk factory it takes the sugarcane and milk out of my storage but it doesn't process anything. There is never anything in my storage or anywhere that I can see. I have used a whole sugarcane field and also tried making milk and cheese a few different time and the same thing keeps happening. Could you please explain where things are supposed to be.

Double T Dude Ranch Mar 20 2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntsquirrelly (Post 3300358)
When I try to process anything with the sugar factory or milk factory it takes the sugarcane and milk out of my storage but it doesn't process anything. There is never anything in my storage or anywhere that I can see. I have used a whole sugarcane field and also tried making milk and cheese a few different time and the same thing keeps happening. Could you please explain where things are supposed to be.

If you are on Myspace, then there are problems with facilities and Myspace. The developers have been alerted to this :)

kiwirick Mar 20 2010 05:26 PM

Is anyone else getting an Error saving data Error 025. Click green tick to reload game? I'm getting this everytime I go to the facilities at the dairy processing unit.

ginabaines@hotmail.com Mar 20 2010 06:19 PM

Dairy Processing Plant & Sugar Refinery - Help, please?

OK, I bought a Dairy processing plant & it says to add 1 more cow milk to my storage & the same for the butter & cheese tho it says add 1 more goat milk to my storage. Maybe I am dumb but I can't figure this out? What storage? I have cows, goats, etc. I harvest them but you cannot put the animals in the storage places like on Farmville so can someone tell me EXACTLY what to do or what I am doing wrong, please? And I figured out I need to plant sugar cane to get the sugar refinery to work, right?:eek:

rheasmom Mar 20 2010 06:30 PM

If I process sugar will it spoil at all if I am late selling it

Double T Dude Ranch Mar 20 2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginabaines@hotmail.com (Post 3300606)
OK, I bought a Dairy processing plant & it says to add 1 more cow milk to my storage & the same for the butter & cheese tho it says add 1 more goat milk to my storage. Maybe I am dumb but I can't figure this out? What storage? I have cows, goats, etc. I harvest them but you cannot put the animals in the storage places like on Farmville so can someone tell me EXACTLY what to do or what I am doing wrong, please? And I figured out I need to plant sugar cane to get the sugar refinery to work, right?:eek:

The storage it's talking about is when you click on "harvest cows and goats" and the milk goes to your storage (where your crops go). And yes, you have to plant sugar cane for the sugar refinery like you plant wheat for the flour mill.

kiwirick Mar 20 2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginabaines@hotmail.com (Post 3300606)

When you harvest your cows and goats, leave the milk in storage. Then go to your processing plant, click facilities, and try to add them that way. You must have the milk etc in your storage to be able to add it. As long as the animals are on your farm they will be harvested. you do not need to put them into the buildings,

jwilsongarrison@yahoo.com Mar 20 2010 06:37 PM

I put things into Diary Production,,but it is NOT producing anything,,,Please explain
judanne_jdanne@yahoo.com