Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- December 20th, 2014 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=607942)

marymarcel Dec 22 2014 07:15 AM

Hi all:)

Raul has just posted the following in his notes:

Post Release Updates - December 22nd, 7:30AM EST

- The Red "Link FarmTown Account" button in the forum header is working again
- Support link at the bottom of the page is working again
- Item Storage was getting truncated for some users and looked like some items and tools were missing, this should now be solved for most users. No items were actually lost in this case.

Known Issues

- Some users have issues refueling
- German Restaurant picture too big

flames24 Dec 22 2014 07:46 AM

only 1 farm shows for people to work..there is suppose to be 5.. what am i missing? facilities are fine but the clients are messed up

Original Tee Dec 22 2014 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flames24 (Post 5912130)
only 1 farm shows for people to work..there is suppose to be 5.. what am i missing? facilities are fine but the clients are messed up

This happened for me yesterday. I reposted and the second post worked correctly. Hope it works for you.

flames24 Dec 22 2014 08:17 AM

reposted 3 times same thing...

Jean's Farm Dec 22 2014 08:25 AM

Thanks for the early Christmas present, Raul and devs. Looking forward to the new animals and planting thyme in the meantime!!!

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!!! :D :) :D :)

flames24 Dec 22 2014 08:34 AM

hmmm i loaded clients for 2nd time and now they working...dont know what happened to the 1st load lol

JonVDB Dec 22 2014 01:46 PM

Still waiting...

I will play again when I can hire planting.:(

kazzaqld Dec 22 2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 5912126)
Hi all:)

Raul has just posted the following in his notes:

Post Release Updates - December 22nd, 7:30AM EST

- Item Storage was getting truncated for some users and looked like some items and tools were missing, this should now be solved for most users. No items were actually lost in this case.

Hi Mary,

I can confirm that this is working again for me now, sorry not to let you know earlier!

Taz D Dec 23 2014 12:13 AM

Raul just updated the release:
Post Release Updates - December 22nd, 10:30PM EST

- All players should now be able to refuel as normal
- German Restaurant picture corrected in the Facility Manager

Known Issues

- None

NiMo1960 Dec 23 2014 05:09 AM

Not time to look ....

Plywood Sheet in Construction materials does not load under "start all"

jeemersmom Dec 23 2014 08:11 AM

Winter Paths: Ice Path, Gray Ice Path, Snow Path and Shoe Prints in Snow, all in the

These are PATHS. Can/will they be available in the "Paths" category once we are past winter?

psycho_mommi Dec 23 2014 11:05 AM

ok, i am peeved!! i planted 13 farms of thyme, waited for it to grow, hired out to h/p, and then patiently waited for the belt to pop up. i kept getting other belts popping up, canceled publishing any of those, just so i could get the thyme. and IT NEVER SHOWED UP!!! now i am at 7th dan on thyme, so i cant get any more belts, and i cant get the bonus from it either. gggggrrrrrr......

farm town addiction Dec 23 2014 11:24 AM

Hi.. firstly merry Christmas and again thank you for all your work and the lates updates. I noted that you have at the end of the announcement that all problems have been fixed but I still cannot accept gifts.. this began after the update and i saw in other groups I am not the only one who had this problem. I thought I would wait a day or 2 to see if it has bee fixed but still a problem. If I open my gift box to collect there is the number of gifts at the top but nothing showing... it then glitches the whole game and I have to reboot.. I have done all the usual.. still the same Using windows 8 and chrome.
Thank you,
Sherrynne

marymarcel Dec 23 2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_mommi (Post 5912598)
ok, i am peeved!! i planted 13 farms of thyme, waited for it to grow, hired out to h/p, and then patiently waited for the belt to pop up. i kept getting other belts popping up, canceled publishing any of those, just so i could get the thyme. and IT NEVER SHOWED UP!!! now i am at 7th dan on thyme, so i cant get any more belts, and i cant get the bonus from it either. gggggrrrrrr......

Hi pwycho_mommi:)

Have you tried to reload the game clicking in Play?

TsunamiVince Dec 23 2014 12:33 PM

Gifts exchange all / accept all

This has happened twice now. Exchange all, accept all, and absolutely nothing shows up in my storage.

marymarcel Dec 23 2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsunamiVince (Post 5912638)
This has happened twice now. Exchange all, accept all, and absolutely nothing shows up in my storage.

Hi TsunamiVince:)

Sorry about your problem, are your gifts showed up in your gift box?

StoneFace Dec 23 2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_mommi (Post 5912598)

It is my understanding that the bonus you earn with each belt level, and then with each Dan level is for a future harvest - whether you click to share it or not. You still will get your bonuses.

When using your FarmStats tool, you can compare what the crop will yield based on the number of plots on that farm. Then check the box in the lower left corner .... and the new yield will be double if fertilized, and more than double with a bonus.

My "all-crop" farms will yield about 24,800 on their own, and often over 65,000 with the fertilizer and bonus, and I have rarely clicked the different levels as I reached them.

Merry Christmas and you don't have to worry which of Santa's lists you are on..... but we know.;)

TsunamiVince Dec 23 2014 12:54 PM

<quote>
gifts showed up in your gift box?
</quote>

DOH! <dope slaps head>

Everything is fine. Oops!

vonalm Dec 23 2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFace (Post 5912646)
It is my understanding that the bonus you earn with each belt level, and then with each Dan level is for a future harvest - whether you click to share it or not. You still will get your bonuses.

i think she meant "posting" the bonus so she can get her share from people who clicked on the bonus...

TsunamiVince Dec 23 2014 12:58 PM

Hang on, I moved them to storage and THEN they disappeared. That's a little weird.

marymarcel Dec 23 2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsunamiVince (Post 5912666)
Hang on, I moved them to storage and THEN they disappeared. That's a little weird.

Hi again:)

do you remember which gifts did you store?

TsunamiVince Dec 23 2014 02:00 PM

I'm trying to max out Geese in all my coops, so I'm turning everything into Geese.

marymarcel Dec 23 2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsunamiVince (Post 5912746)
I'm trying to max out Geese in all my coops, so I'm turning everything into Geese.

When you store animals, if you are on a farm where the animals houses are placed, and if they still have space, then when you click to store, the animals go to the houses and not to your storage.:)

TsunamiVince Dec 23 2014 02:17 PM

I didn't think to look in the coop!

Thanks for your guidance! :o

marymarcel Dec 23 2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsunamiVince (Post 5912754)
I didn't think to look in the coop!

Thanks for your guidance! :o

You are very welcome!:)

psycho_mommi Dec 23 2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 5912622)
Hi pwycho_mommi:)

Have you tried to reload the game clicking in Play?

i was going to, but they kept popping up 1 right after the other, all the way to 7th dan. i thought maybe i had posted too many bonus, but i looked, and i had only posted 3 since yesterday. so i missed every last belt for my thyme. :(

earlgray Dec 23 2014 10:28 PM

Love the German restaurant, but a person would need a minimum of 10 Smokehouses to make enough Cured Herring for the Pickled Herring. One Smokehouse can produce a maximum of 8 Cured Herring per DAY, and Pickled Herring requires 10 per BATCH, or 80 per day for maximum production. I'm hoping the requirement of 10 per batch is an error, and will be reduced; it would also be nice of the number produced in the Smokehouse would be increased. Also it would be really nice to see the Northern Pike available someplace besides the frozen lake, which I object to partly because it has a cherry tree in bloom next to it (who ever saw a cherry tree blooming next to a frozen lake in real life?).

Tom C Dec 23 2014 11:59 PM

Has any one noticed the game running slower since say last Thursday or Friday. On my lap top it took me over 30 minutes to harvest the trees and flowers on one farm. On my desk top it took a farm the same size 16 minute to do.

earlgray Dec 24 2014 09:16 AM

The bookshop should have more books - like a novel, a book about farming, a history book - and probably an e-reader too.

dorissau Dec 24 2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlgray (Post 5912838)
Love the German restaurant, but a person would need a minimum of 10 Smokehouses to make enough Cured Herring for the Pickled Herring. Also it would be really nice to see the Northern Pike available someplace besides the frozen lake, which I object to partly because it has a cherry tree in bloom next to it (who ever saw a cherry tree blooming next to a frozen lake in real life?).

Spot on, Earl. (love your tea) !!

maggiel29 Dec 24 2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlgray (Post 5912838)
Love the German restaurant, but a person would need a minimum of 10 Smokehouses to make enough Cured Herring for the Pickled Herring. One Smokehouse can produce a maximum of 8 Cured Herring per DAY, and Pickled Herring requires 10 per BATCH, or 80 per day for maximum production. I'm hoping the requirement of 10 per batch is an error, and will be reduced; it would also be nice of the number produced in the Smokehouse would be increased. Also it would be really nice to see the Northern Pike available someplace besides the frozen lake, which I object to partly because it has a cherry tree in bloom next to it (who ever saw a cherry tree blooming next to a frozen lake in real life?).

I noticed this about the smoked herring as well - it would take 6 months with no neighbours working facs to get enough to fill up the German Rest!!! Please Devs do something! (Although I did find the ingredient request helps)

Darrell Joe Dec 24 2014 11:01 AM

thanks for all the new goodies. PLEASE do something about PEARL OYSTER quantities-absurdly low, can't even come close to 1 items needs let alone 2 in jewelry fac. Thanks!
Merry Christmas & Happy New year to all

Orx Dec 24 2014 04:21 PM

Thank you for the update a great Christmas present. A Merry Christmas to you all.

i try Dec 24 2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eradani (Post 5911302)
set the fac mgr filter to Service Facilites and then only they will show in the Ingredient Planner.

Same problem. Chekboxes as we have for selling things in the Market would make me happy!
ThanXXX

i try Dec 24 2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnana (Post 5911342)
9. Ingredient Planner Improvements: Ingredient Planner in the Facility Manager now shows Service Facilities information as well. You now have the option to select specific Service Facilities in the filter.

Also, when All Facilities is selected in the Ingredient Planner filter, the results will include ingredient numbers for all the facilities in the current view of the Facility Manager, which may include Regular Facilities, Service Facilities or both.

Thank you, Happy Holidays to all of you at Slashkey, we love ya!!!

hahaha, guess I didn't know what I was reading. Totally misinterpreted this one.

Originally Posted by Eradani
set the fac mgr filter to Service Facilites and then only they will show in the Ingredient Planner.

Thank you, sir!! glad to see you still hanging around!

What meaning Spacific?

How do i opt out of seeing my service facilities but still see all my factory requirements? One facility at a time, or,slowly, as all that unneeded data slows me wayyy down?

Taz D Dec 24 2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i try (Post 5913166)
How do i opt out of seeing my service facilities but still see all my factory requirements? One facility at a time, or,slowly, as all that unneeded data slows me wayyy down?

Hi I try,
Set your filter (the funnel) in the Facilty Manager tho show only facilities and then go to the Ingredient planner.

justvaughn Dec 24 2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original Tee (Post 5912030)
i did more testing with the excavator and i have found that no matter what i sell or how many with it i only get coins for one of the items and i lose the coins for the rest of the items. i put 2 teak trees on a farm and refreshed. my coins showed 458999. i used the excavator on the teak trees and it showed 459101 but as soon as i went to the store to purchase something it showed 459150. instead of the 102 coins for 2 trees i got 51 for 1 tree. i then put 3 bamboo trees on a farm and refreshed. my coin count was 458150. i used the excavator on the bamboo trees and it showed 458177 but when i refreshed the farm i only had 458159. instead of the 27 coins for 3 trees i only got the 9 coins for 1 of them. i'm hoping one of the moderators will test and see if the results are the same. it's no big deal with two or three trees but earlier i lost coins for a whole farm of pine trees. thanks for checking into this.

i just lost 6 million coins this way! i was clearing my farm with my excavator and it said i'd get 4 million coins for that farm. when i went to clear the second farm it said i'd get 2 million coins for that one. each time it reset to the amount of coins i had before i used the excavator and sold everything. not happy at all. :mad:

dorissau Dec 25 2014 01:21 AM

Am I the only person who is puzzled by all the new CARTOON animals? Everything else on our farms is quite realistic and these don't seem to fit anywhere on my farms. Don't get it.

Alexandra_J Dec 25 2014 05:25 AM

Are the alligator, skunk, wild boar, flamingo and ram used for anything or are they just for decoration?

Santmyer Dec 25 2014 06:40 AM

Clove Tree Footprint

I have a huge complaint. I put the suggestion in a long while ago for existing trees to be made to fit 16 trees in a 4 by 4 square layout, and cannot believe that you would create a new tree with a extra big footprint

:confused: WHY???

(Due To Multiplanter All Tree Bases Need To Be The Same Size To Fit Into Square Layout: Reduce The Size Of The [Oak Tree Trunk] [Mugo Pine Bush] [Dieffenbachia Bush] [Clove Tree] {And Get Rid Of The Roots} So That The Footprint Only Takes The Normal Size Space) {Leave The Option For The Larger Footprint For Those That Need It Because Of Preexisting Farm Placement}