Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- April 3rd, 2017 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628590)

maggiel29 Apr 05 2017 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugs22 (Post 6154090)
I own all of them! I bought them all as Soon as they were available, which is why I stated in in my original post.
Slashkey has fixed it. I can now buy it for myself, but thanks for the "help"

Glad you were able to buy them finally. I actually meant you have to buy the 6 x 6 seeder and harvester first before you can buy the combines as is usualy with combines.

JoDanzer Apr 05 2017 05:50 AM

When will be getting new levels?

knolan Apr 05 2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoDanzer (Post 6154262)

Didn't we just get them a few months ago?

knolan Apr 05 2017 07:01 AM

The land expansions at 25,000,000,000 are still tooooo expensive. Why can't they make them reasonable enough for us to afford them? If you want players to purchase FarmCash, make it affordable for them to enlarge their farms first, so they have room for the items purchased with FarmCash. I think it's less likely they will purchase FarmCash for land than for Facilities.

LizaLee Apr 05 2017 08:21 AM

Thank you for the updates!

NanCEurich Apr 05 2017 09:24 AM

Seems that you all are focused on the "ships" to the exclusion of the rest of the farm. None of this stuff matters to those of us that are not doing the "ships". You are taking a chance of losing the farm focused people. Is this what we have to look forward to now?

rjfxvii Apr 05 2017 11:36 AM

FC sales

Quote:

Originally Posted by knolan (Post 6154282)
The land expansions at 25,000,000,000 are still tooooo expensive. Why can't they make them reasonable enough for us to afford them? If you want players to purchase FarmCash, make it affordable for them to enlarge their farms first, so they have room for the items purchased with FarmCash. I think it's less likely they will purchase FarmCash for land than for Facilities.

How about every once in a while, putting FarmCash on sale. Many of us don't have the ability to spend $5 a shot for only 25 FC. Thanks!

Taz D Apr 05 2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjfxvii (Post 6154386)
How about every once in a while, putting FarmCash on sale. Many of us don't have the ability to spend $5 a shot for only 25 FC. Thanks!

Hi rjfxvii,
Please post your suggestion in the Suggestions section where the developers can see all of them together. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

Alexandra_J Apr 05 2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

We will get them in June. We get them every 3 months the last level update was in March

Time1ess Apr 05 2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom C (Post 6153782)
Well part of the problem is in the design of the game. One tomato plant gives 1 tomato. Now to load all factories at 100% lets say it take 5000 tomatoes. You will have to plant that many, now if you are going to load your factories a few times you will have to plant more. Only way to get that is to layer or stack what ever you call it. Now if a tomato plant gave 30 or more like in real life we would not have to plant so many and not need layered farms. Now for those of you who hate wall to wall trees and flowers same thing applies. It takes several thousand coconuts to load factories now if i could plant say 500 coconuts and get say 100000 i would not have to plant several thousand of them. Same goes with factories to get enough say cheese to load all the factories that need cheese we have to have several dairy factories. Why not have one dairy factory make enough cheese that why we would not need so many.

Wow, someone's using their brain. *gasp* Totally agree! I have no idea how many coconuts/avocados/apples/oranges/LEMONS I have planted but why do I need so many??? Surely you get more than one per tree in the real world. I suppose we may get this someday in the form of a new tool that costs farm cash to double or triple our harvests. I have 4 farms of JUST TREES plus trees 8 deep on the outer edges of almost all of my 20 farms. =( This could be applied to flowers as well. I have 2.3 farms of just flowers! I have actually gone through and calculated how much I would need to grow to stock my facilities and not run short. One thing I can say about this game is that my math skills have not diminished. ROTFL!!!

Time1ess Apr 05 2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan H (Post 6153810)
This is really shaping up as one of the better releases - Thank you Raul!!

One thing I did notice is a delay in the harvested items (extent or highlighted) to clear the screen. Seems like the graphics are somewhat slow after the release. Not a bad problem, but just a little different than before.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having this issue. Seems my water items don't disappear once emptied as well so I may move on to the next water item that is slightly overlapped to make it appear larger. Hope this clears up in the next few days as it is very annoying.

~ Sandra

JAS0643 Apr 05 2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vda2354 (Post 6154026)
Thank you!! Great new decorations!! I have a suggestion, but not sure where to go with it, so will do it here. Can we get a question that asks "Are you sure you want to dispatch ship?" just like we're asked if we want to leave a farm. Finding it easy to click on the dispatch ship button instead of start container. Thank you

This already happens when you click on dispatch ship it comes up and says dispatch now check or x. What else are you wanting to come up?

Time1ess Apr 05 2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaJay (Post 6154194)
I just recently deleted all my large boxes because I very frequently use the 'amount stored' selection.
I was thinking I would never hire anyone to work for me again just to avoid the large boxes.
Nice fix!

YES!!! ME TOO!!!! I hated having duplicates of my harvests stored. Maybe I'll start hiring farmers to work for me again! YAY!!! :D

Edit: Nope, not upgraded for me yet. =( Wait, is this just for seed crops or for everything?

Time1ess Apr 05 2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knolan (Post 6154274)
Didn't we just get them a few months ago?

More like a few weeks ago. LOL =)

Taz D Apr 05 2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time1ess (Post 6154418)
YES!!! ME TOO!!!! I hated having duplicates of my harvests stored. Maybe I'll start hiring farmers to work for me again! YAY!!! :D

Edit: Nope, not upgraded for me yet. =( Wait, is this just for seed crops or for everything?

Hi Time1ess,
It is for everything that you would get large,and regular boxes.
"When sorting by Stored Amount in Storage and Market screens, first the regular and large boxes are combined for every product and then the sort is presented, for ex: if you have 1000 regular cotton boxes and 2000 (Large) cotton boxes, we will assume your total cotton stored is 3000 and will place it accordingly in the crops list"

GoalieAunt Apr 05 2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjfxvii (Post 6154386)

I follow the Facebook Games page as from time to time they will post that some store (Target, Dollar General) is running a sale on Facebook gift cards, generally at gift giving times like Christmas. In December I got a $40 gift card for $32.

Marilou1954 Apr 05 2017 02:46 PM

Thank you

Thank you very much Raul for the new release!

CraigTH Apr 05 2017 02:47 PM

New Crop Tools

Sorry but I think these as unfair to people on the lower levels (I'm 589) It's just to confusing when you try to buy them. For example the 5x5 tells me I can only send it. I'm up to the yellow (again confusing as I don't know how many fields it plowes at once) yet I can't buy the 5x5 ?

Sorry but to me it's just another money making scheme by Slashkey. I know they have to make money but ATM I spend $50/$70 a month so I can't afford any more. Maybe if they explained what is needed in the tools section to buy one, like they do with the other ones...4x4 harvester, plower, planter to get the combine I'd buy them but for now, sorry.

Taz D Apr 05 2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigTH (Post 6154502)
Sorry but I think these as unfair to people on the lower levels (I'm 589) It's just to confusing when you try to buy them. For example the 5x5 tells me I can only send it. I'm up to the yellow (again confusing as I don't know how many fields it plowes at once) yet I can't buy the 5x5 ?

Sorry but to me it's just another money making scheme by Slashkey. I know they have to make money but ATM I spend $50/$70 a month so I can't afford any more. Maybe if they explained what is needed in the tools section to buy one, like they do with the other ones...4x4 harvester, plower, planter to get the combine I'd buy them but for now, sorry.

Hi CraigTH,
It is explained in the Game Guide Tools chapter. You need to own the tools at the 16x16 level before you can purchase the EX tools. These are not new tools for the lower 5x5 and 6x6 level tools as they do 16x16 and higher amounts of fields if they are overlapped.

SeniorCornwall Apr 05 2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time1ess (Post 6154402)
Wow, someone's using their brain. *gasp* Totally agree! I have no idea how many coconuts/avocados/apples/oranges/LEMONS I have planted but why do I need so many??? Surely you get more than one per tree in the real world. I suppose we may get this someday in the form of a new tool that costs farm cash to double or triple our harvests. I have 4 farms of JUST TREES plus trees 8 deep on the outer edges of almost all of my 20 farms. =( This could be applied to flowers as well. I have 2.3 farms of just flowers! I have actually gone through and calculated how much I would need to grow to stock my facilities and not run short. One thing I can say about this game is that my math skills have not diminished. ROTFL!!!

The brain part is the interesting part for me on this game. I will leave the decorating angle to others.... I am up to 296,484 trees spread out over 8 farms (all layered twice - or equivalent to two farms each for a total of 16 farms worth of trees). Of these 14,129 are coconuts..... I track the balances in a spreadsheet to make sure there is enough of everything and the balance is increasing... Also have 165,698 flowers spread over 3 farms - (yup layered to give me equivalent of 6 farms). Was able to max out the size of all my farms. One farm of water items only.... Got to get the fishes. I plant all the trees on a farm based on their growing time to ensure everything on that farm is ready at the same time. Irrigate and manure them to increase yield :)

Challenge for me is to manage whole operation to maximize production and generate lot of coins...

So the new tools are great, and so is the new land expansions... Gives me more room for trees when needed....

phsl Apr 05 2017 04:07 PM

Why is it taking forever for to save harvested items before I can go on to the next farm. That is the reason I stopped playing Farmville. Too much time was spent WAITING AND DOING NOTHING. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Taz D Apr 05 2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phsl (Post 6154526)
Why is it taking forever for to save harvested items before I can go on to the next farm. That is the reason I stopped playing Farmville. Too much time was spent WAITING AND DOING NOTHING. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Hi phsl,
Try clicking on the Save button to get the game to save anything lft before you move to another farm. It could though have to do with the fact more players are on due to this release.
Things do tend to slowdown when we have a release, because more are on at the same time than the servers normally experience. This should go back to normal in a couple days.

dorissau Apr 05 2017 05:37 PM

I don't know why you don't wait until you are actually READY to launch some new item to announce it !! When you promise things and then don't deliver, it just makes everybody cranky !!

Dan H Apr 05 2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

About every 3 months. It's in the Forum - News & Announcements - New Release - release info is published with every new release.

Jean's Farm Apr 05 2017 06:49 PM

Thanks for the update......but......I'm harvesting with my friend and what takes us half an hour to do is up to 50 minutes now. We should be just finishing up his farms and we are still on mine!!!!

Clohar Apr 05 2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean's Farm (Post 6154570)
Thanks for the update......but......I'm harvesting with my friend and what takes us half an hour to do is up to 50 minutes now. We should be just finishing up his farms and we are still on mine!!!!

Things tend to be slower after an update that will come back to normal in one or two days when there will be less players on the servers all at the same time

Conjetta Apr 05 2017 07:41 PM

Forum Discussions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6153794)
This is not a discussion thread for tools. It is here so you can learn about the new features/tools/facilities for the game. It is for reporting any problems with the new tools or features.
If you wish to discuss the pros and cons of the new tools please do so in the General Feedback thread for Discussion about Tools or the pros and cons of layering there is a thread about that too.

I agree with you about the use of this string in the forum, but may I make another suggestion to users? We ALL love this game and always look forward to the improvements. It's not necessary to send thanks each time. If we didn't love it, we'd leave it. These messages unnecessarily fill up the discussions and make it hard to find the help we are looking for. We're already on page 11 and the new release just came out.

alexisnicole Apr 05 2017 07:44 PM

I don't like the update for fishing. My ponds are stacked and it takes longer to fish.

JohnAlbertini Apr 05 2017 07:58 PM

Storage sorting not doing as the update says it would. Also it sorts items from least to most, shouldn't it list from most to least.

But is isn't totaling large and regular then large, then small. I don't see ANY totaled.

Also, suggestion, would LOVE sort by VALUE at the Market.
Thank you.

RFMad Apr 05 2017 08:11 PM

When fishing with my brown boat, the finished areas are taking a long time to disappear so I can see what needs to be fished without moving my mouse off the game. It's taking longer to fish :( Will this be fixed or is this now the new normal?

Taz D Apr 05 2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6154626)
Storage sorting not doing as the update says it would. Also it sorts items from least to most, shouldn't it list from most to least.

But is isn't totaling large and regular then large, then small. I don't see ANY totaled.

Thank you.

Hi John,
The sorting has to be set to sort by Stored Amount. Yes it still sorts smallest amout to largest. You will not see the total, but it is now totals the crop amounts by adding the large and regular boxes together and then placing that crop in order by amount.
As Raul's example said if you have 2,000 large boxes of tomatoes and 1,000 regular boxes then it totals those to equal 3,000. Now if you also had 2,000 large boxes of rice and 1,010 regular boxes. Then the order you would see for those two would be tomatoes first and rice second.

tassydevil_1au Apr 05 2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexisnicole (Post 6154618)
I don't like the update for fishing. My ponds are stacked and it takes longer to fish.

I agree, we spent real money to get the turbo boat and it's now so slow. I disagree it has to do with the amount of people playing the game due to the new update. It's mentioned in the update with very vague reference to may be slower or faster. What sort of comment is that for goodness sake!!!

We purchase the bigger tools expecting it to be faster for us...not slower!!

JohnAlbertini Apr 05 2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6154642)
Hi John,
The sorting has to be set to sort by Stored Amount. Yes it still sorts smallest amout to largest. You will not see the total, but it is now totals the crop amounts by adding the large and regular boxes together and then placing that crop in order by amount.
As Raul's example said if you have 2,000 large boxes of tomatoes and 1,000 regular boxes then it totals those to equal 3,000. Now if you also had 2,000 large boxes of rice and 1,010 regular boxes. Then the order you would see for those two would be tomatoes first and rice second.

My list in by stored amount only shows regular then large. There is no total shown so I would have to do the addition in my head?

earlgray Apr 05 2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6154626)

Thank you.

I would also love to be able to sort by value at the market. It would be an ENORMOUS help.

Taz D Apr 05 2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6154658)
My list in by stored amount only shows regular then large. There is no total shown so I would have to do the addition in my head?

Hi John, Yes you would have to do the math in your head. The totalling is not printed out for you. It is done with in the program so it can sort the whole crop by the correct order. Before you saw the regular boxes in one place in the list and the large in another position. Now you see them together next to each other.

If you want to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section.

earlgray Apr 05 2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6153922)
PLEASE, when we harvest/shake/chop/fish REMOVE the items as soon as it is done. Having a ghost image or artifact appear for a delay makes it difficult to see where the line is between done and not done and I'm sure it is a bandwidth and server drain to have every harvest be a two-step process rather than just a one-step process (ready to gone rather than ready to ghost to gone)!!!

I agree with this. Especially for trees and flowers, the ghost/shadow makes it harder to select the next area to harvest, and now I see that the the ghost/shadow business has been applied to the water features too, when it didn't used to be. It certainly doesn't add to the user's experience, and as John said, it seems like it is EXTRA work for the program and server to have them first ghost, then disappear. I wish things would just disappear immediately once they've been harvested.

max_river Apr 05 2017 10:50 PM

i guess we are getting the new stuff tonight

beverduster Apr 05 2017 11:12 PM

bring back the eye, so i can control what i want to see,

Rugged Barbie Apr 05 2017 11:55 PM

In Raul's notes it says Facilities are due later today (Wednesday) and this is Thursday. I don't see them in the store. Any word on when they'll be out?

And re. our posting a quick reply of thanks, it shows the Developers we care and we like the updates and also sets us up for email notifications when others post in this thread.

And re. trees, as I run out of the fruit I go plant more of that tree. The other day I wore myself out planting 1,400 banana trees. Before that it was lemons. Before that it was apples. The increase in need for trees comes with the release of new eateries.

FarmerWitch Apr 06 2017 12:45 AM

I added a whole lot of coin buildings to Farm 18 this week .... the Neighbourhood chains Contest does not seem to take them into account. I am not sure if it is due to this release or not. I have run MEMCACHE