Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- December 23rd, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393054)

ginnylee_26 Jan 11 2011 02:27 PM

Taking a much needed break.

As Deanna said
"Personally, I would be thrilled to see Farm 8 by the end of this month. I agree with you that our awesome developers deserve some time off -- and not just because of the holidays, but because they have been inundating us with cool new up-dates and goodies for months now. Let's give them at least another week or two before we commence whining."

I totally agree with her, give them a break. They have given us SO much in the last 6+months that they really deserve to calm down a bit. We all would love to see more new stuff and farm 8 but goodness sakes there is so much to work with now we should be able to keep very busy. If nothing else give your farms a fresh look and that will eat up a very long period of time and before u know it the devs will sneak in the new stuff.
Thanks Deanna for hitting the nail on the head on this subject!

StoneFace Jan 11 2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS0643 (Post 4326426)
You have no right to judge how people play the game. The only people that have billions and billions of coins are the people that layer their farms and use the gift links to get stuff so they can keep their facilities loaded everyday, that is the only way a person can load all the facilities everyday. People that play the game and only load the facilities once or twice a week because that is all the time they have don't have 10 billion coins sitting around.

I don't even have the last size of farm 7 but I have never complained about how much the farm cost. While I understand the cost of the land being so much there are people out there that do not have all the facilities because they don't have the fc to buy them so the developers do need to think about that when setting the price of the farms.

Well actually I do have the right (I prefer the word choice or opinion) of "judging" how another might manage their farm better.

I have billions.
I work a LOT of neighbors farms and they work mine.
I bought the 4x4s and work the market a LOT too - it is fun again.
I do NOT layer, never have.
I use gifts a lot. I get about 60 or more each day and have no opinion on anyone who uses gift links.

I used FC to get some of the most productive facilities (no cheese and tomato eating pizza shops for me) and tools - like the 4x4s and Superpooper.
I also used FC to obtain the last 3 expansions on the last 3 farms - because I happen to like billions and billions.
I load my facilities on average twice a week, and top off the facilities, which I can, in between and post them often. ( and a good week is 150-200 million).

I also buy at the market every 12 hours or so to supplement what I am short of.

Thanks for your response on playing the game. Afterall, it is just a game and no one should be getting upset - there is no real farm-vs-farm competition.

caligirl62 Jan 11 2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet S (Post 4326430)
Can you imagine how all that translates into hours at the computer? The mind boggles!!!!!

LOL we already spend way too much time in here!! but i would rather b in here then doing something stupid out there...

JAS0643 Jan 11 2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFace (Post 4326498)
Well actually I do have the right (I prefer the word choice or opinion) of "judging" how another might manage their farm better.

I have billions.
I work a LOT of neighbors farms and they work mine.
I bought the 4x4s and work the market a LOT too - it is fun again.
I do NOT layer, never have.
I use gifts a lot. I get about 60 or more each day and have no opinion on anyone who uses gift links.

I used FC to get some of the most productive facilities (no cheese and tomato eating pizza shops for me) and tools - like the 4x4s and Superpooper.
I also used FC to obtain the last 3 expansions on the last 3 farms - because I happen to like billions and billions.
I load my facilities on average twice a week, and top off the facilities, which I can, in between and post them often. ( and a good week is 150-200 million).

I also buy at the market every 12 hours or so to supplement what I am short of.

Thanks for your response on playing the game. Afterall, it is just a game and no one should be getting upset - there is no real farm-vs-farm competition.

When you say someone is not managing their farm right you are judging not giving an opinion. Just because you have hours and hours to play the game and tons of money to spend on the game to get the fc items, doesn't mean that everyone does. It also doesn't mean that a person is not managing their farm right. There are tons of different ways to play the game and for you to say that if someone that has all the facilities doesn't have billions of coins then they are not managing their farm right is very rude and disrespectful. I have all the facilities and it takes me over an hours to fill them up. I could make the time to do that everyday if I wanted to but I don't. I load them two or three times a week depending on the time I have. I have a life outside of ft and I enjoying playing this game for fun not having to work at it just so I can have 100,000,000,000 coins and make my self look big and bad in the world of farm town.

Ilsewdm Jan 11 2011 08:29 PM

I'd love to be your neighbor, Stoneface. I work hard on (ALL) my farms every day and own every tool and facility (except the 4x4 seeder), some in septuplicate (surely not a word, but you get my drift). I started this game last July! Who needs a life??!!!

I just went over 1 billion today, my facilities are almost empty except for the ones that produce stuff to be used to produce other stuff, I am growing crops like crazy to have enough to fill up again when the time comes....
I've been at level 160 forever and am at almost 4 million XP, so I will get a little fc when the new levels come around.
So I'm ready, bring it on!!!

About the devs, their holidays, etc.: This is a business. We are talking about computer programmers employed by a regular company. They have their job to do and updates will come when they are ready. There is no reason to believe that they are either doing their work in response to our "needs" nor "hold out" on us for strange reasons.
Nevertheless, I AM READY DEVS!!!!!

Tony D Jan 11 2011 08:34 PM

Hi, just a friendly reminder to all. This thread is for comments on News and announcements... Not to hone your debating skills.

Please keep that in mind.

caligirl62 Jan 11 2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilsewdm (Post 4327758)
i'd love to be your neighbor, stoneface. I work hard on (all) my farms every day and own every tool and facility (except the 4x4 seeder), some in septuplicate (surely not a word, but you get my drift). I started this game last july! Who needs a life??!!!

I just went over 1 billion today, my facilities are almost empty except for the ones that produce stuff to be used to produce other stuff, i am growing crops like crazy to have enough to fill up again when the time comes....
I've been at level 160 forever and am at almost 4 million xp, so i will get a little fc when the new levels come around.
So i'm ready, bring it on!!!

About the devs, their holidays, etc.: This is a business. We are talking about computer programmers employed by a regular company. They have their job to do and updates will come when they are ready. There is no reason to believe that they are either doing their work in response to our "needs" nor "hold out" on us for strange reasons.
Nevertheless, i am ready devs!!!!!

i need neighbors!!!!!

Taz D Jan 11 2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caligirl62 (Post 4327930)
i need neighbors!!!!!

Put a post in the Social Forum. There is a thread for Facebook and one for Myspace.

Ilsewdm Jan 11 2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caligirl62 (Post 4327930)
i need neighbors!!!!!

Caligirl62, I sent you a private message so you can add me as a neighbor.

mischellesteelersfan Jan 11 2011 09:57 PM

ugh i got absolutely nothing done today cuz i kept rushing back to see if updates were out yet lol jeez i need a life lol